时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | I don’t like questions without any answers. | 我厌恶无解的问题 |
[00:07] | Like “Where do we go when we die?” | 比如 “人死后会去哪儿” |
[00:10] | I mean, I know what happens physiologically speaking, | 当然 我知道死亡是必然的生理现象 |
[00:12] | but beyond that, what really happens? | 但除此之外呢 死亡到底意味着什么 |
[00:16] | Anything? | 我们会何去何从 |
[00:17] | That’s what you start asking yourself | 人们总是在面临死亡之时 |
[00:18] | when you live on a clock. | 想到这些问题 |
[00:20] | All these questions without any answers — | 这些无解的问题 |
[00:23] | They’ll drive you nuts. | 会把你逼疯 |
[00:26] | That’s why I like what I do — | 所以 我喜欢我的工作 |
[00:27] | fixing babies, birthing babies. | 救治 接生胎儿 |
[00:29] | No ambiguity there, no questions, | 毫不含糊 没有疑问 |
[00:32] | just answers — | 只有答案 |
[00:33] | clear, precise, obvious answers. | 清晰 明确 直白的答案 |
[00:36] | And life — beautiful new life. | 以及生命 美好的新生 |
[00:38] | Hope for the future. | 未来的希望 |
[00:40] | God, I miss that. | 真是令人怀念 |
[00:42] | Morning! | 早啊 |
[00:43] | Robbins, are you ever not chirpy? | 罗宾斯 你敢不敢别这么欢脱 |
[00:47] | Does that ever happen? | 悠着点行不 |
[00:47] | Are you ever not snarky? | 你敢不敢别这么毒舌 |
[00:50] | Also, you snore. | 而且你还打呼 |
[00:51] | I-I can’t crash here again tonight without earplugs. | 我和你在这睡觉都得戴耳塞好么 |
[00:54] | Okay, so, we have seven cases today. | 今天我们有七个病案 |
[00:55] | The first one is in two hours. | 第一台手术两小时后开始 |
[00:57] | Also, it’s Friday, so that’s MRI day. | 而且今天是周五 得去做核磁共振 |
[00:59] | You know the drill. | 你懂的吧 |
[01:00] | 47 minutes of my very limited life-span wasted. | 又要浪费我有限生命的47分钟 |
[01:03] | Mm, come on, come on. | 来嘛 来吧 |
[01:05] | God! I’m coming. | 好 我去 |
[01:07] | – Stop chirping. – stop snarking. | -别欢脱了 -别毒舌了 |
[01:09] | Whew! After this, we’ve got | 下一个胎儿 |
[01:10] | the diaphragmatic hernia. Baby’s 27 weeks. | 患有先天性膈疝 七个月大 |
[01:12] | We’ll do a, um, tracheal balloon occlusion… | 我们要做气囊扩张术 |
[01:15] | – Figured you could use this… – which should, | -来杯咖啡吧 -这样一来 |
[01:16] | if we’re lucky, ensure the blood… | 如果走运的话 就能确保血液… |
[01:17] | – …before the big lecture. – oh, um, thanks. | -一会儿该去讲座了 -谢谢 |
[01:20] | Thank you. | 非常感谢 |
[01:22] | Um, they already scheduled | 他们已经预约了 |
[01:24] | a follow-up procedure on the baby, as well. | 胎儿的后续诊查 |
[01:27] | You’re cultivating – quite a bit of buzz, you know? | 大家都挺关注你的讲座的 |
[01:30] | – Really? – mm-hmm. | -是吗 -对啊 |
[01:31] | I heard from two hospitals wanting us to record your talk. | 有两家医院打来电话要求录下你的讲座 |
[01:35] | …but we won’t be too close to the due date. | …但时间也不至于太赶 |
[01:39] | – And if — – I have a lot on my plate right now, | -如果… -我现在真挺焦头烂额的 |
[01:41] | just with, uh, Herman and her tumor. | 赫尔曼和她的肿瘤 |
[01:44] | Uh, her surgery. | 她的手术 |
[01:46] | I really need to focus… | 我必须集中精力… |
[01:48] | On the tumor. | 处理那个肿瘤 |
[01:50] | Don’t need any distractions, and you’re… | 我可不敢分心 而你… |
[01:53] | very hard to ignore. | 存在感太强 |
[01:55] | Hey, I ju– it was just coffee. | 就一杯咖啡而已 没别的意思 |
[01:56] | No, I-I so appreciate the coffee. | 我很感激你的咖啡 |
[01:58] | Uh, I was just getting some coffee for myself, and — | 我本来只想给自己拿一杯 但… |
[02:01] | It’s good coffee. It — | 这咖啡挺好 |
[02:02] | It’s great coffee. | 很棒 |
[02:03] | I-I, uh — I can — | 我… 要不 |
[02:05] | I can just get my own if — if you — | 以后只给自己拿 如果你… |
[02:07] | I mean, you can get your own so easily. | 反正你自己去也方便嘛 |
[02:10] | I-I don’t want to get my own coffee. I — | 我不想自己去 我… |
[02:11] | I mean I do. I can. I will. | 我是能自己去 |
[02:15] | I — I can get my own coffee all day long. I just — | 我成天自己去 我只是… |
[02:18] | Owen. | 欧文 |
[02:20] | Thank you for bringing me the coffee. | 谢谢你给我带的咖啡 |
[02:24] | I really like it. | 我很喜欢 |
[02:27] | Uh, you’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[02:29] | So, how’s my head? | 我的头咋样了 |
[02:32] | The tumor seems stable. | 肿瘤似乎比较稳定 |
[02:34] | I was worried about the inferomedial margin, | 我先前比较担心大脑下正边缘的状况 |
[02:35] | but the good news is, there’s no sign of growth. | 不过好消息是 肿瘤没有继续扩散 |
[02:37] | It hasn’t invaded the optic nerve yet. | 它暂时还未入侵视神经 |
[02:40] | Well, how long till it does? | 这样能维持多久 |
[02:41] | I need a number, Shepherd. I have things to plan. | 给我个确切的时间 谢博德 我还有很多事要交代 |
[02:44] | About six weeks — maybe eight | 大概六周 也可能八周 |
[02:46] | If you go in for the – localized radiation treatments | 前提是你要接受我安排的 |
[02:48] | I’ve prescribed for you. | 局部放射治疗 |
[02:48] | I’d like for those to start today. | 我建议你今天就开始 |
[02:50] | No, no, no, no. | 算了吧 |
[02:51] | I tried that. Hated it. | 我试过了 受不了 |
[02:52] | Doctor’s orders. It is our best chance | 请遵医嘱 只有这样 |
[02:54] | to shrink the part of the tumor on your optic chiasm. | 我们才可能缩小视神经交叉部分的肿瘤 |
[02:57] | – Oh, crap. – Glenda Castillo! | -糟了 -格伦达·卡斯蒂洛 |
[02:58] | We’re headed to surgery, Dr. Bailey. | 我们赶着去手术室呢 贝利医生 |
[02:59] | No time to talk. | 没空闲聊 |
[03:00] | But you haven’t given me an answer. | 但你还没给我答复呢 |
[03:02] | Actually, I have. It was no. | 我说过了 不行 |
[03:03] | But you haven’t given me the right answer. | 你没给我满意的答复 |
[03:05] | You could at least meet with her. | 你起码见见她吧 |
[03:06] | I’ve seen the case, okay? | 我看过她的病历 好吗 |
[03:07] | I-I’m sorry, | 抱歉 |
[03:08] | but I’m working on a very limited time frame | 但我真的时间紧迫 |
[03:10] | With a very specific list of surgeries to teach Robbins, | 我已经选定了要教罗宾斯的病案 |
[03:13] | and Glenda Castillo isn’t one of them. | 而格伦达·卡斯蒂洛并未入选 |
[03:15] | Okay, well, as a personal favor to me, just meeet her– | 那就当帮我个忙 先见见她… |
[03:17] | I have no time to make it personal. | 我没空帮忙 |
[03:19] | It’s a no. I’m sorry. | 实在不行 抱歉 |
[03:21] | I’ll get you some names — good people. | 我可以给你几个优秀的医生 |
[03:23] | She can see one of them. | 供她选择 |
[03:26] | Um, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[03:43] | Three down, all these to go. | 搞定了三个 还有这么多 |
[03:46] | We’ve got four months’ worth of surgeries up here. | 这板子上可是四个月手术的量 |
[03:48] | I mean, how are we gonna get | 四个月的手术 |
[03:49] | four months of surgeries done in eight weeks? | 我们怎么在八个星期做完 |
[03:51] | We just do, I suppose. | 不行也得行 |
[03:53] | You’ll do the next one yourself. I’ll watch. | 下一个你主刀 我旁观 |
[03:55] | What? | 什么 |
[03:56] | No. No, thank you. | 还是免了 |
[03:57] | I appreciate the vote of confidence, | 谢谢你对我的信任 |
[03:58] | but I’m not even actually sure that I know how — | 但我还不知道该如何… |
[03:59] | I need to see what you’ve learned, | 我要看看你都学到了什么 |
[04:01] | what you can and can’t do on your own | 你能做什么 不能做什么 |
[04:03] | while I’m still around to fix it when you screw up. | 这样一旦你搞砸了 我还有机会补救 |
[04:06] | Gee, thanks. | 天 好吧 |
[04:07] | It’s not a vote of confidence. It’s a necessity. | 这不是信任 而是无奈之举 |
[04:09] | Training wheels are off, Robbins. | 培训已经结束 罗宾斯 |
[04:11] | Time is up. What’s next? | 该考核了 下面干啥 |
[04:12] | Uh, your radiation treatment. | 是你的放射治疗 |
[04:14] | Radiation hasn’t worked yet. | 放射以前就不管用 |
[04:16] | I don’t see why it’s suddenly supposed to start working. | 总不能现在突然就管用了吧 |
[04:19] | Radiation is bull– | 放射就是扯… |
[04:19] | Shepherd says that it’s necessary. | 谢博德说这是必须的 |
[04:21] | She’s the doctor here. | 她是你的医生 |
[04:30] | “Life will out.” | “生命不止” |
[04:33] | The origins and lessons of life and evolution | 生命的起源和进化的过程 |
[04:36] | are long and complex, | 是复杂而漫长的 |
[04:37] | but what they basically boil down to is, life will out. | 但总结成一句话 就是”生命不止” |
[04:42] | Life will always find a way to continue. | 生命总能延续下去 |
[04:45] | Always. | 这是一定的 |
[04:46] | Life…will…out. | 生命不止 |
[04:51] | This is a massive grade IV astrocytoma. | 这是一个巨大的四级星形细胞瘤 |
[04:54] | I want you to take a look at it. | 请各位看看这个肿瘤 |
[04:56] | Really look. | 仔细看看 |
[04:58] | Look at its size. | 看它的大小 |
[05:00] | Look at the way it invades healthy tissue. | 看它如何入侵人体健康的组织 |
[05:03] | Look at its vasculature. | 看它的脉管 |
[05:05] | It is blood and tissue and flesh. | 它也是由血 肉 组织构成的 |
[05:10] | It’s growing… | 它在不断生长… |
[05:11] | …adapting to its environment, | …适应环境 |
[05:13] | struggling to survive, to stay alive. | 努力想存活下来 |
[05:17] | It is alive. | 它是活的 |
[05:18] | We don’t like to think of it that way, | 当然这个想法很渗人 |
[05:19] | but it’s nested in the womb of a human brain, | 它在人类大脑中筑巢 |
[05:23] | feeding on its host, growing and fighting for life — | 夺取宿主的营养 不断生长 努力生存 |
[05:27] | almost like a fetus. | 简直就像胎儿一样 |
[05:29] | No, scratch that. | 不 说得不对 |
[05:29] | Let’s just for science and giggles | 应该说 |
[05:32] | say exactly like a fetus. | 和胎儿一模一样 |
[05:33] | Because like a healthy fetus, it is thriving. | 因为如胎儿一般 它也在成长 |
[05:36] | You know, there are even some types of tumors | 你知道吗 有些肿瘤甚至长有 |
[05:39] | that grow teeth, hair… | 牙齿 头发… |
[05:41] | …a stray eye. | 还有眼睛 |
[05:46] | Have I repulsed you? | 各位都被我恶心到了吧 |
[05:47] | – It’s gross, right? – Yeah. | -挺渗人的吧 -是 |
[05:49] | I mean, that is a problem. | 那么问题就来了 |
[05:52] | Nobody wants something that nasty in their head. | 谁愿意自己脑子里长这玩意啊 |
[05:55] | I’d like you for one moment to consider the idea | 我想请各位换个角度思考 |
[05:59] | that, to the tumor, we are the problem, | 对于肿瘤来说 我们才是问题所在 |
[06:04] | We are the invader. | 我们是入侵者 |
[06:05] | We are the danger. | 我们是威胁 |
[06:06] | To the tumor, we are the cancer. | 对于肿瘤来说 我们才是癌症 |
[06:10] | And the tumor? | 肿瘤怎么看自己呢 |
[06:12] | Well, the tumor sees itself as a sweet, cute, fat-cheeked baby | 它认为自己是个萌萌的 胖嘟嘟的小婴儿 |
[06:15] | just trying to make its way into the world, | 挣扎着想要来到这个世界 |
[06:17] | and we want to stop it, destroy it, | 而我们却想阻止它 毁灭它 |
[06:20] | tear it from its happy little home like barbarians. | 野蛮地将它从自己安逸的小窝里拽出来 |
[06:24] | To the tumor, | 对于肿瘤来说 |
[06:26] | We are the soulless, murderous monsters. | 我们才是残忍无情的怪物 |
[06:29] | Why do I do this? | 我为什么要这样说 |
[06:31] | Why do I call it “Baby” and talk about killing it? | 我为什么把它比作婴儿 还说我们要谋杀它 |
[06:35] | Because this kind of tumor deserves respect. | 因为这样的肿瘤理应被尊重 |
[06:39] | It deserves a little humanity. | 理应被仁慈对待 |
[06:42] | Charming, isn’t it? | 真有意思呵 |
[06:43] | They put clouds on the ceiling to distract you. | 他们在天花板上映射云彩好分散你的注意力 |
[06:46] | Least they could do is put something interesting up there, | 好歹也放点有意思的啊 |
[06:49] | Like porn. | 毛片什么的 |
[06:53] | It’s not just a tumor. | 它不止是肿瘤 |
[06:56] | It’s ingenuity. | 它是奇迹 |
[06:58] | It’s strength. | 它代表着生命的力量 |
[06:59] | It’s adaptability. | 它显示出生命的韧性 |
[07:01] | It’s poetry. | 它如诗一般 |
[07:03] | It’s one of god’s masterpieces. | 它是上帝的杰作 |
[07:05] | It is alive. | 它是有生命的 |
[07:27] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[07:29] | Sure. | 好得很 |
[07:31] | And like any living thing, it wants to stay alive. | 就像所有生命体一样 它也想存活下去 |
[07:33] | Like any living thing, | 就像所有生命体一样 |
[07:35] | It is going to fight like hell to survive. | 它会不屈不挠 为生命斗争到底 |
[07:37] | And when I saw open that skull and come face-to-face with it, | 当我锯开颅骨 看到它 |
[07:40] | with that tumor, with that living thing, | 与那个活生生的肿瘤面对面时 |
[07:43] | it will be almost impossible to remove… | 切除它几乎是不可能的 |
[07:45] | Well, I’ll see you after. | 我先出去了 |
[07:50] | …Because it would rather destroy the brain that holds it | 因为它宁可玉石俱焚 破坏它所寄生的大脑 |
[07:52] | than go gently into that good night. | 也不愿就此沉沉睡去 |
[08:12] | It is alive. | 它是有生命的 |
[08:16] | And what’s it all come down to? | 这一切又能归结成一句话 |
[08:19] | Life… | 生命… |
[08:20] | Will… | 永… |
[08:22] | Out. | 存 |
[08:39] | So, our fat-cheeked-baby tumor | 我们胖嘟嘟的宝贝肿瘤 |
[08:43] | that’s nestled in that brain, | 就这样在我们的大脑中筑巢 |
[08:45] | it’s a creature of habit. | 过着规律的生活 |
[08:46] | It has the same routine day in and day out — | 每天都一成不变 |
[08:50] | To grow, to spread out, to take up space. | 生长 扩散 占据更大的空间 |
[08:54] | That’s it. | 这就是它的任务 |
[08:56] | At this point, our baby tumor is so enmeshed, so invasive, | 此时 我们的宝贝肿瘤已与我们难解难分 |
[09:02] | it’s touching virtually every single brain structure. | 扩散到我们大脑的各个角落 |
[09:04] | It’s pushed existing tissue aside, | 推开一切阻碍它生长的组织 |
[09:06] | shoved brain matter out of the way to find room for itself. | 压迫一切脑细胞以谋求自身成长 |
[09:11] | How do you remove it without destroying the brain around it? | 你要如何在不破坏大脑的前提下移除它 |
[09:15] | How do you kill the baby without killing the mother? | 要取卵 如何不动鸡一分一毫 |
[09:19] | I stare at these scans, and the tumor stares back at me, | 我望着这些影像 肿瘤也回望我 |
[09:24] | daring me to try to extract it. | 就看我怎么切除它 |
[09:27] | I mean, this tumor is bold and brazen. | 这个肿瘤既大胆又无耻 |
[09:30] | This tumor thinks it’s in charge. | 它认为它才是老大 |
[09:31] | This tumor thinks it owns the place. | 它认为它才是大脑的主人 |
[09:34] | I don’t have to explain myself to you. | 我没必要跟你做任何解释 |
[09:36] | You missed your radiation session this morning. | 你今早没去做放射治疗 |
[09:37] | I told you, I’m not doing that anymore. | 我都说了 再也不做 |
[09:39] | That is not your call. | 这不是你说了算的 |
[09:40] | My tumor, my head — it absolutely is my call. | 大脑 我的 肿瘤也是 当然我说了算 |
[09:43] | The tumor will be – exponentially easier to remove | 在放射治疗后 肿瘤必定会 |
[09:46] | after the radiation. | 更容易移除 |
[09:47] | Nicole, please. | 妮可 拜托 |
[09:49] | Go to radiation! | 去做放射治疗吧 |
[09:51] | I will think about it. | 我会考虑的 |
[09:52] | O-kay. | 呵 |
[09:53] | The thing about a tumor like this is, | 像这样的肿瘤 |
[09:54] | You can’t let it intimidate you. | 你一定不能惧怕它 |
[09:57] | The tumor isn’t smarter than you. | 它并不比你聪明 |
[10:00] | You just need a plan of attack. | 你缺的就是反击成功 |
[10:02] | Here. Feel that? | 这儿 摸到了吗 |
[10:03] | You must be methodical. | 你得有方法 |
[10:05] | You want to find a spot with just the right amount of give. | 你得找到合适手术的地方 |
[10:07] | That’s where you want to cut. | 这就是你的切入点 |
[10:08] | Scalpel. | 手术刀 |
[10:09] | Point of access is key. | 进入点是关键 |
[10:11] | You’re up, Robbins. | 你来吧 罗宾斯 |
[10:12] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:12] | I’ve never done that part before. | 我从没试过 |
[10:14] | So, um, you were really serious about that? | 你说真的吗 |
[10:17] | It’s time. Make the cut. | 是时候了 下刀吧 |
[10:18] | But I don’t know — I’ve never — | 但我不知道 我从来 |
[10:19] | Make the cut. | 下刀 |
[10:29] | And then you start. | 然后就开始反攻 |
[10:33] | That is the most daunting step — | 这是最令人恐惧的一步 |
[10:36] | Pushing a blade into that first squishy blob of flesh… | 把手术刀第一次推进病人的体内 |
[10:42] | because the first cut is what sets the tone. | 因为第一刀决定了手术的走向 |
[10:45] | It determines every single move from that point on. | 第一刀决定了接下来该怎么做 |
[10:51] | So, you have to be careful. | 所以你得小心 |
[10:53] | You have to be sure. | 你一定得确认好 |
[10:56] | Or you’re in trouble. | 不然就有麻烦了 |
[11:01] | It’s like a… | 就像 |
[11:02] | Just look at them. | 看看他们 |
[11:04] | – Who? -Arizona and herman — they’re practically joined at the hip. | -谁 -亚利桑那和赫尔曼 他们像连体婴一样啊 |
[11:07] | I’ll take one of those, too. | 我也要一个 |
[11:08] | Well, she is Herman’s fellow. | 她是赫尔曼的研究员 |
[11:09] | Isn’t she sort of supposed to follow Herman around? | 她不是该跟着赫尔曼一起吗 |
[11:11] | They’re laughing all the time, | 他们成天笑得多开心 |
[11:14] | and Arizona seems so… | 亚利桑那看起来很 |
[11:17] | Happy — like really happy. | 高兴 真的很高兴 |
[11:18] | So? | 所以呢 |
[11:19] | You seem happy…ish. | 你看起来也 挺高兴的 |
[11:21] | – What do you even care? – I don’t, obviously. | -你在乎什么 -我没有在乎 |
[11:23] | I’m just making conversation. | 我只是随便说说 |
[11:28] | Don’t you guys think it’s weird how | 你们难道不觉得 |
[11:29] | – they’re always together? – They’re not always together. | -他们成天在一起很奇怪吗 -他们也不是成天在一起 |
[11:31] | They do bunk up together sometimes. | 有时候他们一起上下铺睡呢 |
[11:33] | – What? – Alex. – Robbins has been crashing with Herman. | -什么啊 -阿历克斯 -罗宾斯和赫尔曼一起睡啊 |
[11:35] | She hasn’t slept at the house all week. | 她一个星期都没回房子里了 |
[11:36] | – What?! – Alex. | -什么啊 -阿历克斯 |
[11:37] | I-I don’t mean like that. | 不是那个意思啦 |
[11:37] | They’re not together together, and you know that. | 他们没有在一起 你知道的 |
[11:40] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[11:41] | Arizona used to hate her. Now they’re having sleepovers? | 亚利桑那以前还很讨厌她 现在就一起睡了啊 |
[11:43] | Well, it’s a good thing, right, that they’re getting along? | 这不是好事吗 她俩合得来 |
[11:45] | Herman’s not exactly the warmest person, so — | 赫尔曼也不是特别友善的人 所以呢 |
[11:48] | When you talk to Derek tonight, | 你今晚和德里克聊天的时候 |
[11:49] | would you ask him something for me without saying it’s for me? | 能帮我问点事 但别说是我问的 |
[11:53] | I don’t know that I w– | 我不知道 |
[11:54] | Just ask him what he’d use | 就问他 |
[11:55] | to avoid disrupting the gratiolet radiations | 要避免格腊提奥射线干扰丘脑的膝状体 |
[11:57] | off the geniculate body of the thalamus. | 他会怎么做 |
[11:59] | – Why don’t you ask him that? – No, no, no. | -你为什么不直接问他 -不 |
[12:00] | No, no. That’s the point. You ask him. | 不 一定得你问 |
[12:02] | I can’t ask him for help. | 我不能向他寻求帮助 |
[12:03] | I cannot listen to the smugness in his voice. | 我没法忍受他那自大的语气 |
[12:06] | You can hear it. | 你可以啊 |
[12:07] | He has transcontinental smugness. You know what? | 他那自大的语气离多远都不会变 |
[12:09] | Forget it. I’m fine. I don’t need him. | 算了 没关系 我不需要他 |
[12:11] | I don’t need Derek. | 我不需要德里克 |
[12:12] | I will figure it out myself. | 我会自己想办法 |
[12:14] | When did this happen? | 这什么时候发生的 |
[12:15] | She found the perfect rebound | 她找到了完美”备胎” |
[12:16] | without having to actually find a rebound — | 却不用真的找个人谈感情 |
[12:19] | I mean, she just gets all the good times and the fun, | 她就是过得欢快舒心啊 |
[12:21] | none of the bad times or the mess, | 没有任何伤心难过 |
[12:24] | no chance of getting hurt. | 没有可能被伤害 |
[12:25] | You don’t even have to wax. It’s not fair! | 连除毛都不用了 这不公平 |
[12:29] | Oh, my god. Am I seriously wishing for a sexless relationship | 天啊 我难道真希望有段无性关系 |
[12:31] | where I don’t have to groom myself? | 这样我就不用打理自己了 |
[12:32] | Is that where I am now? | 这就是我现在的状态吗 |
[12:34] | It sounds good to me. | 听起来还是不错的 |
[12:34] | Welcome to my life these days. | 你终于懂我最近过得咋样了 |
[12:36] | You chicks need to get laid. | 姑娘们该滚床单了 |
[12:37] | That also sounds good to me. | 这听着也不错 |
[12:39] | Not without the grooming. | 那也要先除毛吧 |
[12:40] | It’s in there. He can find it. | 好女一身毛好咩 |
[12:42] | What, he can’t do a little work first? | 怎么 他就不能帮我除了丫的 |
[12:44] | I like her. | 这姑娘我稀罕 |
[12:51] | Eddie. | 艾迪 |
[12:52] | Excuse me? | 什么啊 |
[12:53] | Uh, Glenda Castillo, | 格伦达·卡斯蒂洛 |
[12:55] | the patient you and Herman turned down last week, | 你和赫尔曼上周拒绝的那位病人 |
[12:57] | her husband’s name was Eddie. | 她丈夫的名字是艾迪 |
[12:59] | I lost him six months ago | 他半年前去世了 |
[13:01] | after he was injured in a head-on collision. | 在车祸中受伤 |
[13:04] | My hands were inside of his body | 当他心跳停止的时候 |
[13:06] | when his heart stopped beating. | 我还在给他做手术 |
[13:07] | My hands held Glenda’s | 我握着格林达的手 |
[13:09] | when I told her Eddie died on my watch. | 告诉她我没法救活艾迪 |
[13:12] | Three weeks later, – she found out she was pregnant. | 三周后 她发现自己怀孕了 |
[13:14] | She’s not insured, | 她没有保险 |
[13:15] | but she remembered me and this hospital, | 但她记得我和这家医院 |
[13:17] | So, she came here | 所以她来这 |
[13:19] | to see if I could give her some prenatal care, | 看我能不能给她做产检 |
[13:21] | and guess what we found out. | 猜猜我们发现了什么 |
[13:23] | Her baby has a tumor — | 她的宝宝有肿瘤 |
[13:25] | A large, dangerous tumor | 危险的大肿瘤 |
[13:29] | that’s not just messing with the baby’s system, | 肿瘤不仅扰乱了宝宝的身体系统 |
[13:32] | it’s messing with hers. | 也扰乱了她的身体系统 |
[13:34] | I couldn’t save her husband’s life, | 我没法救她丈夫 |
[13:35] | but I can help save her baby. | 但我能帮她救宝宝 |
[13:37] | I-I owe this woman that much. | 这是我欠她的 |
[13:39] | Herman has to take her on as a patient. | 赫尔曼一定得帮她 |
[13:42] | Just — just have her meet Glenda, all right? | 让她见见格伦达吧 好吗 |
[13:45] | – Then she’ll… – I can’t, I can’t! | -她就会 -我不能这样做 |
[13:46] | I can’t trick her into | 我不能骗她 |
[13:46] | seeing a patient she doesn’t want to treat. | 见一位她不想治疗的病人 |
[13:48] | Who’s in charge of her schedule? | 谁负责她的日程表 |
[13:49] | Who tells her where to go and when? | 谁告诉她什么时候去哪里 |
[13:50] | who tells her what surgery or post-op or anonymous consult | 谁告诉她接下来是做什么手术 或是术后治疗 |
[13:55] | she should see next? | 或是匿名会诊 |
[14:00] | I’m concerned about her blood pressure. | 我很担心她的血压 |
[14:02] | It’s increased to 140 systolic in the past week, | 上星期收缩压已升到140 |
[14:05] | and her swelling’s gotten worse. | 肿胀也越来越严重 |
[14:06] | Uh, I used to have ankles. | 我以前还是有脚踝的 |
[14:08] | Now I have balloons with toes. | 现在就像有脚趾的气球一样 |
[14:11] | So, your baby has a large tumor in his lower back. | 婴儿在背部下方有大肿瘤 |
[14:15] | It’s most likely benign, | 很有可能是良性的 |
[14:16] | but because of its size and vascular nature, | 但由于肿瘤面积较大和血管的特性 |
[14:19] | it could cause an accumulation of fluids in the baby. | 可能导致婴儿体内的液体堆积 |
[14:21] | But the tumor can be removed, right? | 但肿瘤可以移除吧 |
[14:25] | Dr. Bailey says amazing things about you, | 贝利医生常常称赞你 |
[14:27] | that you’re one of the best. | 她说你是行业翘楚 |
[14:29] | Bailey said that? | 贝利说了这些吗 |
[14:30] | How flattering. | 太夸奖了 |
[14:32] | That was Glenda Castillo. | 那是格伦达·卡斯蒂洛 |
[14:34] | I told you no twice now. | 我说过不止两遍 |
[14:36] | And you, how am I – supposed to trust you at all | 还有你 我还怎么相信你 |
[14:39] | when you pull something like that? | 你总是做这样的事 |
[14:40] | She didn’t do anything | 她没有做任何事 |
[14:41] | except try to get your help on a patient | 只是想帮助一个病人 |
[14:43] | who needs your help. | 因为她需要你的帮助 |
[14:45] | But if you heard her story, if you knew she was — | 如果你知道她的故事 如果你知道她 |
[14:48] | Is that how Bailey convinced you? | 这就是贝利说服你的方法吗 |
[14:49] | It’s a tactic, Robbins, | 这只是技巧而已 罗宾斯 |
[14:51] | appealing to your sad, bleeding heart. | 感动你那脆弱流血的心 唤起你同情 |
[14:54] | Doesn’t work with me. | 这对我没用 |
[14:55] | Well, then, let me appeal to your ego. | 那让我刺激下你的自负 |
[14:57] | You walk around here telling anyone who will listen | 你在这跟大家说 |
[14:59] | that you’re the best. | 你是最厉害那个 |
[15:00] | Well, then, be the best. | 那就做到最好 |
[15:02] | You can save her baby’s life, | 你可以救那个婴儿 |
[15:05] | so save that baby’s life! | 那就去救啊 |
[15:10] | No. | 不可能 |
[15:16] | – What the hell? – Robbins, drop it. | -什么啊 -罗宾斯 别想了 |
[15:18] | No, I get that — I get that I’ve seen tumors like that before, | 我知道 我见过这样的肿瘤 |
[15:20] | but this can’t all be about my education. | 但这不完全是为了教导我吧 |
[15:21] | I mean, at some point, I have to — | 在某些时候 我得 |
[15:23] | At some point, we have to make decisions and stick to them. | 某些时候 我们必须坚持所做的决定 |
[15:25] | I wish we had time, but we don’t. | 我也希望我们有时间 但我们没有 |
[15:27] | We have very little control over the time we have, | 我们不知道自己还有多少时间 |
[15:30] | and we have a plan. | 所以我们做了计划 |
[15:31] | Can’t we make an exception? | 就不能破例一次吗 |
[15:32] | Can’t we just, you know, sort of adjust the plan? | 我们就不能调整一下计划吗 |
[15:34] | You — fine. You want to? | 你 好吧 你想这样做是吧 |
[15:36] | Adjust the plan. | 调整计划 |
[15:38] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[15:40] | Take down one of these cards | 拿下其中一张卡 |
[15:41] | so we have time to help Mrs.Castillo. | 我们就有时间帮助卡斯蒂洛夫人 |
[15:43] | Which one? | 哪张 |
[15:44] | How about Meghan Carlson — congenital airway obstruction? | 梅根·卡尔森怎样 先天性气道堵塞 |
[15:47] | Her husband’s in Iraq right now. | 她丈夫现在在伊拉克 |
[15:49] | Or Julie Hall — vasa previa. | 朱莉·霍尔 血管前置 |
[15:51] | She went through two years of fertility treatments. | 她经过两年的治疗才怀孕 |
[15:53] | So, pick one. | 那你选一个 |
[15:55] | Decide which baby doesn’t get to live | 决定哪个孩子不能活下去 |
[15:57] | so Glenda Castillo’s does. | 格伦达·卡斯蒂洛的的孩子就能活下去 |
[15:59] | Go ahead. | 去吧 |
[16:00] | Pick a card. You choose. | 选一张 你来选 |
[16:07] | That’s what I thought. | 我就知道你选不出 |
[16:34] | No. | 不 |
[16:35] | No. | 不 |
[16:38] | Get me out! | 让我出去 |
[16:39] | Get me out of here! | 让我出去 |
[16:41] | Get me out! | 让我出去 |
[16:42] | – You have to. – I don’t. | -你一定要接受放疗 -不一定 |
[16:44] | The radiation treatments are going to help. | 放射治疗会有效果的 |
[16:45] | They are gonna shrink the borders of the tumor, | 反射治疗能缩小肿瘤的边缘 |
[16:47] | which will make it easier to resect. | 让切除更容易 |
[16:49] | It’s a minimal gain for you. | 这对你就只有一点点效果 |
[16:50] | I will take what I can get. I am trying to save your life! | 什么方法我都愿意试 我在救你 |
[16:53] | You are making me feel like I’ve already died. | 你让我觉得我已经死了 |
[16:56] | I’m sick. I’m losing my hair. | 我病了 我的头发掉了 |
[16:58] | I refuse to spend – the last few months of my life | 我不愿意生命中最后几个月 |
[17:00] | feeling like a pile of crap. | 活得这么糟糕 |
[17:02] | No more. | 不要 |
[17:02] | That’s final. | 这是最后的决定 |
[17:06] | I am going to give you more than a few months. | 这不会是你最后的几个月 |
[17:09] | I am going to save your life. | 我会救你 |
[17:12] | And I am about to get up in front of a bunch of people | 我会在一大群人面前 |
[17:15] | and tell them how I plan on doing it. | 告诉他们我会怎么救你 |
[17:17] | It makes it really hard for me to do that | 而如果你还是这样不屑一顾 |
[17:19] | or even care about doing that | 那我根本不可能成功 |
[17:21] | when you don’t seem to care at all! | 也不会去争取要治好你了 |
[17:24] | Well, that’s your problem. | 那是你的问题 |
[17:31] | well, the word’s spreading. | 好事也传千里啊 |
[17:33] | This was a good idea, Hunt — | 这是个好想法 亨特 |
[17:35] | A master class in neurosurgery. | 神经学的大师教程 |
[17:37] | This is gonna put – Amelia Shepherd on the map. | 这会让艾米利亚·谢博德名声大震 |
[17:39] | Unless it fails. | 失败了就是另一回事了 |
[17:41] | It won’t. | 不会失败的 |
[17:42] | If it does… | 如果失败了 |
[17:45] | There’s a lesson in that, too. | 们也能从中学习 |
[17:50] | So, she just spitballs this stuff with you? | 她就和你谈天说地啊 |
[17:53] | It’s just the two of you hanging out, talking tumor? | 就你俩一起聊肿瘤的事吗 |
[17:56] | Pretty much. | 差不多是这样的 |
[17:57] | I want to talk tumor! | 我想要聊肿瘤 |
[17:59] | I want to talk tumor so bad. | 我真的很想聊肿瘤 |
[18:01] | Oh, my god. Look at that thing | 天啊 太棒了 |
[18:04] | Previous attempts | 之前尝试 |
[18:05] | to treat Dr. Herman’s tumor with radiation | 用放疗治疗赫尔曼医生的肿瘤 |
[18:07] | proved unsuccessful. | 但失败了 |
[18:10] | I had hoped to use high radioactive doses | 我希望用高辐射 |
[18:13] | to reduce the margins, | 少肿瘤边缘 |
[18:14] | but at this juncture, | 但在这个关键点 |
[18:16] | that course seems to be unrealistic. | 这样做似乎不切实际 |
[18:21] | But that’s not enough to make me quit. | 但我不会因此放弃 |
[18:23] | This tumor is fierce | 肿瘤很勇猛 |
[18:25] | and intimidating and aggressive, | 很令人恐惧 很强势 |
[18:29] | but so am I. | 但我也一样 |
[18:34] | Now, the trick to this is, | 现在问题就是 |
[18:35] | you can’t touch the vessel while you’re lasering the mass — | 当用激光治疗肿瘤的时候 不能碰到血管 |
[18:38] | Not even a little bit. | 一点也不能碰到 |
[18:39] | If you do… | 如果碰到了 |
[18:40] | The field fills with blood, obscuring the camera, | 血液就会模糊摄像机 |
[18:42] | and visualization is compromised. | 术野就会不清晰 |
[18:44] | First, I need to see the tumor, all of it — | 第一 我得要看到肿瘤 肿瘤的全貌 |
[18:47] | Every margin, every last ripple and ridge. | 每个边缘 每个褶皱 |
[18:50] | So, what do you do? | 那你怎么做 |
[18:52] | I have two choices — | 我有两个选择 |
[18:53] | Open her up – and stop the bleeding if I can, | 给她开刀 尝试止血 |
[18:55] | or deliver the baby regardless of how early. | 或者不管多早 都要生下孩子 |
[18:58] | Very good. | 很好 |
[18:59] | So, I will employ fluorescein dye | 所以我会使用荧光染剂 |
[19:02] | to delineate every border of the tumor, | 勾勒出肿瘤的轮廓 |
[19:04] | to help me anticipate every possible problem | 这样可以帮助我在处理肿瘤之前 |
[19:07] | before I get to it. | 预测可能出现的问题 |
[19:09] | I don’t want to leave anything up to chance. | 我不想让所有事情都听天由命 |
[19:12] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[19:14] | The pressure’s dropped. | 血压下降 |
[19:15] | She’s in a lot of pain, and she’s cramping. | 她很痛苦 而且出现了痉挛 |
[19:16] | It hurts! It hurts, it hurts! | 疼死了 疼死了 |
[19:18] | It’s okay, Julie. We’ve got you, we’ve got you. | 没事的 朱莉 有我们在 |
[19:20] | She has a vasa previa. | 她患有血管前置 |
[19:21] | She’s scheduled for an ablation tomorrow. | 明天要进行切除术 |
[19:22] | I’ve been trying to get her pressure back up, | 我一直试着让她血压回升 |
[19:24] | but there is no fetal heartbeat. | 但目前还没有婴儿心跳 |
[19:28] | Damn it. Where’s her husband? | 该死 她的丈夫呢 |
[19:31] | Is that blood?! I’m bleeding?! | 那是血吗 我流血了 |
[19:33] | Gown me. Keep him out of here. | 给我穿手术服 别让他丈夫进来 |
[19:35] | Robbins, you’re gonna get this baby out right here, right now. | 罗宾斯 你要在这接生孩子 |
[19:37] | Here? | 这里 |
[19:38] | We need a C-section tray set up in here. | 我们这里需要一个剖腹产托盘 |
[19:40] | Call peds. Get an incubator, stat. | 呼叫儿科 立刻拿婴儿保温箱 |
[19:42] | Wait! What?! I’m gonna have the baby now?! | 等等 我现在要生孩子吗 |
[19:43] | Julie, I’m gonna give you something | 朱莉 我会给你注射一些东西 |
[19:44] | to calm you down, okay? | 让你冷静下来 好吗 |
[19:45] | I never had to do a crash “C” on my own before, okay? | 我从来没有独自完成过紧急剖腹产 |
[19:47] | – I mean, n-not like this. – You know what to do. | -没有在这种情况下 -你知道怎么做 |
[19:49] | It’s the same three basic steps, just like any other c-section — | 跟其他剖腹产一样 三个基础步骤 |
[19:52] | Open the abdomen, open the uterus, deliver. | 打开腹腔 打开子宫 接生 |
[19:54] | – Okay, – I’m okay. | -好的 -我搞定了 |
[19:55] | Pressure’s steady at 100/60. | 血压稳定在100/60 |
[19:56] | Okay, I-I can do this. | 好吧 我可以的 |
[19:57] | – Betadine. – Okay. | -碘伏 -好的 |
[20:00] | – Robbins? – I’ll do — I’ll do this. | -罗宾斯 -我 我来 |
[20:02] | It’s fine, Robbins. | 没事的 罗宾斯 |
[20:03] | I’ll do it. | 我来吧 |
[20:04] | Scalpel. | 手术刀 |
[20:10] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[20:11] | We did everything we could do. | 我们尽了最大努力 |
[20:14] | I’m so sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[20:28] | Good job. Let’s go. | 干得好 走吧 |
[20:36] | Stop crying. | 别哭了 |
[20:38] | Oh, for the love of — | 我的天哪 |
[20:39] | – Stop crying! – I’m — | -别哭了 -我… |
[20:40] | Stop it now! Just… | 快停下 快… |
[20:43] | Stop it right now. | 别哭了 |
[20:49] | There’s no time for crying. | 没时间哭泣 |
[20:52] | We have work to do. | 我们还有工作要忙 |
[20:59] | What? | 什么 |
[20:59] | H-how can you even — | 你怎么能… |
[21:01] | ‘Cause that’s the way it goes, Robbins. | 因为这是我们工作的方式 罗宾斯 |
[21:05] | Call Bailey. | 通知贝利 |
[21:07] | Tell her we’re on. | 告诉她我们接手了 |
[21:27] | Now, arguably, the most important part of the brain | 现在 大脑最重要的部分 |
[21:30] | is the part that makes us hope… | 就是让我们有了希望 |
[21:34] | Dream… | 梦想 |
[21:36] | Imagine. | 想象 |
[21:38] | One singular, almost immeasurable part | 一个单一的 几乎无法测量的部分 |
[21:41] | is what makes you you… | 成就了你自己 |
[21:45] | And me me… | 成就了我 |
[21:47] | And everyone…everyone. | 成就了每一个人 |
[21:50] | It’s technically called the fornix, | 术语将其称为穹窿 |
[21:53] | but I call it the “Dream box.” | 但我称之为”梦想之盒” |
[21:57] | The question is… | 问题是 |
[22:00] | …what happens when the dream box is being invaded, | 当梦想之盒被来势汹汹的大肿瘤入侵 |
[22:04] | when a tumor is so large, so demanding, | 肿瘤使得梦想干枯 |
[22:08] | it’s sucking the dream box dry? | 此时会发生什么 |
[22:11] | It’s taking over — | 肿瘤占据了主导 |
[22:11] | It’s stealing away hopes and dreams. | 它夺走了希望和梦想 |
[22:17] | Imagine, when that tumor is removed, | 想象一下 当肿瘤被移除时 |
[22:20] | what — what will actually be left? | 真正剩下的还有什么 |
[22:24] | Or, rather, who is left? | 或者说 剩下的还有谁 |
[22:28] | Anything? | 什么东西 |
[22:31] | Anyone? | 什么人 |
[22:33] | I remember my mom telling me once | 我记得我母亲跟我说过 |
[22:35] | that when we die, we go to heaven. | 我们死后就会去天堂 |
[22:38] | I couldn’t picture it. | 我想象不出来 |
[22:40] | All I could imagine was what we see in cartoons — | 我只能想象到在动画片里见到的 |
[22:43] | little people in robes with wings, sitting on clouds. | 有翅膀的小人穿着长袍 坐在云上 |
[22:47] | But nobody really knows what’s up there, do they? | 但没人真正知道上面什么样 是吗 |
[22:49] | When I was a kid, | 当我还是个小孩 |
[22:50] | I used to think – that we were like dandelions — | 我觉得我们就像蒲公英 |
[22:52] | like, the part that makes us us would just blow away | 造就我们的那部分会被风吹走 |
[22:57] | and land and grow into — | 然后落地 再长成… |
[22:59] | I don’t want to be buried, by the way. | 对了 我不想土葬 |
[23:00] | Have me cremated. | 把我火化了吧 |
[23:01] | W– excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[23:02] | If I survive the surgery but don’t wake up, | 如果我挺过了手术 但没醒来 |
[23:04] | give me five days — a week, tops — | 给我五天时间 最多一周 |
[23:07] | – then pull the plug. – this is — | -然后就拔管吧 -这… |
[23:08] | We don’t need to be talking about this. | 我们不用讨论这个 |
[23:10] | If I do wake up but I’m dependent on vents or tubes, | 如果我醒了 但要靠呼吸机或导管存活 |
[23:13] | pull the plug then, too. | 那还是拔管吧 |
[23:14] | Y-you know what? – you’re not — you’re not dying. | 你不会的 你不会死的 |
[23:17] | You’re not gonna wake up gorked. | 你不会变成植物人 |
[23:18] | – Shepherd knows – what she’s doing. She does. – Okay. Sure. | -谢博德很有能力 -好吧 |
[23:20] | – She does! – I heard you. | -她真的有能力 -我听见了 |
[23:25] | That bird is gonna poop on us. | 那只鸟会往下拉屎 |
[23:28] | What’s next today? | 接下来是什么 |
[23:29] | Glenda Castillo. | 格伦达·卡斯蒂洛 |
[23:30] | I’m so glad you brought me back in. | 我很高兴你们愿意给我治疗 |
[23:32] | Have a look. | 你看一下 |
[23:35] | Well, the teratoma has grown. | 畸胎瘤已经增长了 |
[23:36] | It’s showing early signs of hydrops. | 并且出现了积水的早期症状 |
[23:39] | – Is everything okay? – Glenda, your baby’s retaining fluid, | -没事吧 -格伦达 孩子出现积水 |
[23:42] | which is starting to affect his heart. | 而且已经影响到心脏 |
[23:44] | I’m recommending we do the surgery tonight. | 我建议今晚就手术 |
[23:47] | Tonight? | 今晚 |
[23:48] | No, that’s way too soon. | 不 太早了 |
[23:49] | The tumor is creating pressure on your placenta. | 肿瘤正在给你的胎盘施加压力 |
[23:51] | It’s not only endangering the baby, | 它不仅威胁到了孩子 |
[23:54] | but now it’s putting you at risk. | 而且你也有危险 |
[23:55] | But my baby wouldn’t survive, would he, | 但如果你们临时接生的话 |
[23:58] | if you suddenly had to deliver? | 孩子是活不下来的 对吗 |
[24:00] | ’cause I’m only 24 weeks along, | 因为我才怀孕24周 |
[24:01] | and I-I know that it would help him | 如果他有时间成长 |
[24:03] | if he had time to grow, right? | 这对他来说会更好 对吗 |
[24:04] | If I could just hold on for a few more weeks… | 如果我可以再坚持几星期 |
[24:06] | It’s not what’s best for you. | 这对你来说不是最佳选择 |
[24:07] | I don’t care about me. | 我不关心我自己 |
[24:08] | Glenda, if Dr. Herman thinks that — | 格伦达 如果赫尔曼医生认为… |
[24:10] | No, my husband is dead. | 不 我丈夫已经死了 |
[24:13] | But this baby that is inside of me, | 但这个孩子还在我体内 |
[24:15] | this baby of ours, I cannot risk his life. | 我们的孩子 我不能让他有生命危险 |
[24:18] | I won’t. | 我不会的 |
[24:19] | So, if there is a choice | 所以如果要选择救我 |
[24:21] | between helping me or helping my baby, | 还是救孩子 |
[24:23] | I choose my baby. | 我选择救孩子 |
[24:27] | What does she think we’re trying to do here? | 她觉得我们在干什么 |
[24:28] | I am not negotiating with a patient. | 我不会和病人谈判 |
[24:31] | I am the doctor. I’m gonna tell her when we’re go — | 我是医生 我会告诉她当我们… |
[24:36] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[24:37] | Robbins, what’s the hell? | 罗宾斯 怎么回事 |
[24:37] | What’s funny about this? | 这有什么好笑的 |
[24:38] | I’m sorry, I’m sorry. It’s just — it’s just — | 抱歉 只是… |
[24:40] | It’s funny listening to you get so bent out of shape | 看你这么大发雷霆很有意思 |
[24:43] | when this is the exact same thing | 因为自从阿米莉娅·谢博德 |
[24:45] | that you’ve been doing to Amelia Shepherd | 提出要给你做手术 |
[24:46] | ever since she offered to save her life. | 你就是这么对她的 |
[24:47] | I mean, she has. Exactly. | 她完全就是这样 |
[24:49] | “We’ll do the surgery when I’m ready.” | “我准备好了再做手术” |
[24:51] | And it’s so frustrating. | 而且这很让人沮丧 |
[24:53] | It’s torture, and it drives us crazy. | 简直是折磨 把我们都逼疯了 |
[24:54] | So, it’s just fun to watch it happen to you. | 所以看你这样子很有意思 |
[24:56] | It’s like divine justice. | 天道如此啊 |
[24:58] | Pretend that I’m not here. | 当我不存在 |
[24:59] | Keep going. | 你们继续说 |
[25:03] | I will give Ms. Castillo an extra week, | 我再给卡斯蒂落女士一星期时间 |
[25:06] | but I want her admitted. | 但我要让她入院 |
[25:08] | And if she so much as hiccups funny, | 而且如果她一有什么情况 |
[25:10] | I’m taking her to surgery. | 她就要马上手术 |
[25:11] | J– understood. | 明白了 |
[25:13] | Hey, thank you for taking her case. | 谢谢你接手她 |
[25:18] | Oh, shut up. | 闭嘴吧 |
[25:26] | I just need to have a second… | 让我想想 |
[25:34] | How do I access that area of the brain | 如此隐蔽的大脑区域 |
[25:38] | when it’s so hidden? | 我如何进入呢 |
[25:40] | And once I access that area, | 一旦我进入此区域后 |
[25:42] | even with the perfect tools, the perfect approach… | 即便使用完美的工具和方法 |
[25:47] | …How do I keep from screwing it up? | 我如何能做好呢 |
[25:52] | If there’s edema, it’s post-fixed. | 如果出现水肿 应该迟点处理 |
[25:54] | It’s too narrow, too close the fornix. | 太窄了 离穹窿太近了 |
[25:56] | If I hit the hypothalamus, game over. | 如果我碰到了下丘脑就完蛋了 |
[25:58] | Not gonna work, not gonna work, not gonna work. | 行不通 行不通 行不通 |
[26:02] | Come on! | 给点力 |
[26:04] | Do you want some food? | 你想吃点东西吗 |
[26:05] | Have I figured this out yet? | 我想出方法了吗 |
[26:07] | No. | 没有 |
[26:08] | Then I don’t want any food. | 那我什么也不想吃 |
[26:16] | This has never been done before. | 这个方法从来都没人试过 |
[26:19] | All these steps in this order on this kind of tumor | 所有用在此肿瘤上的顺序步骤 |
[26:23] | has never been done. | 从来没人试过 |
[26:25] | Is that a good thing or a bad thing? | 这是好事情还是坏事情 |
[26:27] | Who do I even think I am? Who am I to even try this? | 我觉得我是谁 我凭什么这么做 |
[26:30] | Okay, a bad thing. | 好吧 坏事情 |
[26:37] | Have you called your brother? | 你打给你哥哥了吗 |
[26:42] | What did I say about my brother? | 我是怎么说的 |
[26:43] | I know. You don’t need him. | 我知道 你不需要他 |
[26:45] | I was just thinking you could, | 我就是觉得你可以 |
[26:48] | just to have someone to bounce these ideas off of | 找个跟你水平相当的医生 |
[26:50] | who understands this kind of thing the way that you do — | 来交流一下想法 |
[26:54] | A peer. | 一个同辈 |
[26:56] | He might have a suggestion. | 他说不定会有建议 |
[26:57] | I do not need my brother! | 我不需要我哥 |
[27:00] | I am not stuck! I am thinking! | 我没有卡住 我在思考 |
[27:02] | I am figuring it out! | 我在想办法 |
[27:03] | I am right on the edge of figuring it out, | 我马上就要想出来了 |
[27:06] | of making the breakthrough of a lifetime! | 马上就会有千载难逢的突破了 |
[27:08] | I am this close! | 我就差这么一点 |
[27:09] | My genius is flying around this room right now, | 我的奇思妙想正在屋里飞来飞去 |
[27:11] | trying to find a clear path to land on me, | 试图找到方法进入我脑中 |
[27:13] | but I can’t clear the runway for landing | 但我没法清理障碍 让它们进入 |
[27:15] | because I can’t find any quiet | 因为我找不到一丝安静 |
[27:17] | because some idiot resident keeps talking to me! | 因为某些笨蛋住院医师一直跟我说话 |
[27:26] | I shouldn’t said that | 我不应该这么说的 |
[27:28] | I didn’t mean it. – I’m tired, and I’m frustrated. | 我没那个意思 我很累 很沮丧 |
[27:31] | I… | 我… |
[27:33] | I am so sorry. I just… | 我很抱歉 我只是… |
[27:37] | This tumor is making me crazy. | 这个肿瘤快把我逼疯了 |
[27:40] | Edwards. | 爱德华兹 |
[27:42] | As bad as you want to get that tumor, | 你有多想切除那个肿瘤 |
[27:44] | that’s as bad as I want to watch you get that tumor. | 我就有多看到你切除那个肿瘤 |
[27:48] | You’re tired and frustrated and terrified, but guess what. | 你很累很沮丧很害怕 但你看 |
[27:52] | I don’t give a damn. | 我根本不在乎 |
[27:53] | You’re supposed to be my mentor. | 你应该是我的导师 |
[27:55] | You are my mentor. | 你是我的导师 |
[27:57] | I believe in you, I look up to you, I want to be you. | 我信任你 仰望你 想要成为你 |
[28:03] | That’s an enormous responsibility, | 这是巨大的责任 |
[28:05] | so don’t call me names. | 所以不要直呼我名字 |
[28:07] | And stop pouting because you don’t understand what to do. | 而且不要因为找不到方法就生气 |
[28:11] | Be worthy of being believed in, of being looked up to. | 要配得上被信任 被仰望 |
[28:16] | Or if you can’t actually be worthy, | 或者如果你无法做到 |
[28:18] | If I am actually wasting my time, | 那我真的是在浪费时间 |
[28:20] | If there is nothing about you that is special or wise, | 如果你没有什么特别或优秀的地方 |
[28:23] | For god’s sake, | 拜托 |
[28:24] | at least have the decency to pretend that there is. | 最起码也要假装自己有这个本事 |
[28:29] | Get it together, Dr. Shepherd. | 振作起来 谢博德医生 |
[28:45] | Get it together, dr. Shepherd. | 振作起来 谢博德医生 |
[29:13] | 重症监护室 病人: 阿姆瑞塔·塔帕 911呼救 | |
[29:20] | Okay, bye. | 好的 再见 |
[29:22] | Bye. | 再见 |
[29:26] | Hey. Um, how are you? | 嗨 你怎么样 |
[29:28] | – Uh, good. – how’s Dr. Herman? | -挺好的 -赫尔曼医生呢 |
[29:31] | Is she good? Is everything good? | 她还好吗 一切都好吗 |
[29:31] | Yeah, I mean, she’s killing me with back-to-back surgeries but — | 好啊 连着做手术 她快把我累死了 |
[29:33] | Yeah, and Amelia’s plan? You good with that? | 好吧 阿米莉娅的方案呢 你都清楚吗 |
[29:36] | – Callie, what are you — – what? | -凯丽 你这是 -怎么了 |
[29:38] | I’m not — I’m just checking in, okay? | 我不是 我就是问问 好吗 |
[29:40] | I’m just…seeing how you are and, uh, how, um… | 我就是问问你怎么样 还有… |
[29:44] | – Callie? – Well, it just seems like you and Dr. Herman | -凯丽 -看起来你和赫尔曼医生 |
[29:46] | are getting along really, really well, | 的关系越来越好 |
[29:48] | and you used to complain that she was killing you, | 你原来还抱怨她让你特别辛苦 |
[29:49] | but now you’re happy that she’s killing you, | 但现在她快累死你了 你还挺高兴 |
[29:51] | and it seems like you really, really like her. | 而且看起来你真的很喜欢她 |
[29:53] | I do. Actually, I do. She’s great. | 是啊 我挺喜欢的 她很好 |
[29:55] | – She’s — I mean, she’s amazing. – And she’s sick. | -她 她非常棒 -但她病了 |
[29:57] | – So, I-I worry. – Amelia’s got it covered. | -所以我挺担心的 -阿米莉娅会有办法的 |
[29:59] | – She’s gonna be fine. – I-I worry about you. | -她不会有事的 -我担心的是你 |
[30:02] | I know I shouldn’t. | 我知道我不该这样 |
[30:03] | I know it’s none of my business, | 我知道这不关我的事 |
[30:05] | but, uh, old habits. | 但是 习惯成自然了 |
[30:06] | Well, that’s, um… | 那… |
[30:09] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[30:13] | – Oh, I-I got to go. – Okay, okay. | -我得走了 -好 好 |
[30:14] | Wow, that’s tall. | 好高呀 |
[30:15] | Yeah. Really big. | 是啊 真大啊 |
[30:21] | Just so you know, the auditorium is packed. | 知会一下你 会场爆满了 |
[30:23] | The fire marshall actually made me move a bunch of people | 消防队长还让我把一大堆人转移到 |
[30:25] | out to an overflow room. | 另一个也爆满的房间里 |
[30:30] | Amelia. | 阿米莉娅 |
[30:31] | Just give me a minute. | 让我一个人静静 |
[30:34] | Amelia. | 阿米莉娅 |
[30:35] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[30:39] | You can talk to me. | 你可以和我聊聊的 |
[30:41] | You’re wound pretty tight. | 你把自己逼太紧了 |
[30:44] | I just want you to know you can talk to me. | 我就是想让你知道 你可以和我聊聊的 |
[30:51] | My whole career, I have been the other Dr. Shepherd. | 在职业生涯中 我都是另一个谢博德医生 |
[30:55] | He’s the real one. I’m the other one. | 他是正牌 我只是翻版 |
[30:59] | Right now, this plan of mine is theoretical. | 现在 我的计划只是理论可行 |
[31:03] | It’s just talk. | 那只是嘴上说说而已 |
[31:04] | But at some point, | 但时候一到 |
[31:06] | I am going to slice into Dr. Herman’s brain, | 我得切开赫尔曼医生的大脑 |
[31:08] | and I have this sick feeling | 我有种不好的预感 |
[31:11] | that when I face that tumor, | 到我面对那个肿瘤的时候 |
[31:15] | I will discover that I am not just the other Dr. Shepherd… | 就会发现自己不光是谢博德医生的翻版 |
[31:22] | I’m the wrong Dr. Shepherd. | 还是翻错版的谢博德医生 |
[31:33] | 911? What’s going on? | 911 怎么了 |
[31:39] | Look, I know you’ve been having me take the lead so I can learn, | 我知道你一直让我先来 好让我学习 |
[31:40] | but you need to handle this case. | 但这个病人你得自己来 |
[31:42] | – Why would I do that? – Because it’s emergent, | -我为什么要自己来 -因为这是急诊 |
[31:44] | and I’ve never tried cutting umbilical bands. | 而且我还没剪过脐带索 |
[31:45] | First time for everything. | 万事都有第一次的 |
[31:47] | Well –Listen to me, okay? | 听我的 好吗 |
[31:48] | I’m not ready to take this over yet. | 我还没有做好准备 |
[31:50] | Doesn’t matter. | 没关系的 |
[31:52] | Stop! Stop! | 停 停 |
[31:53] | You — you’re not hearing me. | 你 你根本没听我在讲什么 |
[31:56] | It does matter. I’m not ready. | 这很有关系 我还没准备好 |
[31:57] | And you think I am? | 那你觉得我就准备好了 |
[31:59] | You think this is easy for me? | 你觉得这对我来说就容易了 |
[32:02] | You think I’m ready? | 你觉得我准备好了 |
[32:04] | I was fine. I got fine with dying. | 我以前无所谓的 我以前不怕等死 |
[32:08] | And then you infected me with your stupid — | 然后你用你傻不拉叽的…. |
[32:10] | with Shepherd and her plan | 用谢博德和她的方案 |
[32:12] | and your stupid hope. | 还有你傻不拉叽的希望感染了我 |
[32:14] | And now it’s harder than ever | 现在要面对这一切 |
[32:17] | to hand all this over. | 比以前任何时候都艰难 |
[32:20] | I don’t want to. | 我不想 |
[32:21] | I’m scared to. | 我害怕 |
[32:24] | And I’m scared to let go of it, | 我害怕就这么死了 |
[32:26] | And it’s all your fault, so… | 这都是你的错 所以… |
[32:29] | I think the very least you could do is deserve it. | 我觉得你至少也要对得起我的决定 |
[32:32] | Take over, do well, make me not regret it. | 接好班 做好 别让我后悔 |
[32:35] | Can you do that? | 你能做到吗 |
[32:38] | Please? | 拜托了 |
[32:40] | This is the part | 这个部分 |
[32:41] | where things get a little fast and furious. | 会进展得有点迅速和混乱 |
[32:44] | It is arguably the most dangerous, | 这可以说是手术中最危险 |
[32:48] | most precarious portion of the operation. | 风险最大的部分 |
[32:51] | It also needs to happen the fastest. | 同时也需要以最快的速度完成 |
[32:54] | Every step, every move before this | 之前的每个步骤 每个动作 |
[32:57] | has laid the groundwork for this very moment, | 都在为这个时刻做准备 |
[32:59] | the moment where I place the radioactive seeds. | 就在我放置放射性粒源的那一瞬间 |
[33:03] | It requires precision… | 这要求精细 |
[33:04] | I just need to slip these shears under the band. | 我就是想把剪刀滑到脐带索下面 |
[33:07] | and accuracy and speed — | 准确和快速 |
[33:09] | Things that do not go together well. | 这些要一起做到可不容易 |
[33:12] | I can’t get the last band. | 我没法进入最后一个脐带索 |
[33:13] | This grip’s not flexible enough. | 这个抓夹不够灵活 |
[33:15] | Can you coax it through? | 你能把它轻轻拨过来吗 |
[33:17] | Mm. It’s not — no. It won’t give. | 它不… 不行 过不去 |
[33:19] | – You have to cut that last band. – I know. | -还是要剪掉啊 -我知道 |
[33:21] | – Have you tried a smaller scissor? – Mm. It’s not the problem. | -你用小点的剪刀试了吗 -不是这个问题 |
[33:25] | Imagine picking up little grains of salt | 想像一下戴着微波炉手套 |
[33:28] | while wearing oven mitts. | 捻起一点点盐 |
[33:30] | That is what I’m doing inside somebody’s brain. | 那就是我要在病人大脑里做的事 |
[33:34] | – Hand me a glove. – What? | -给我一只手套 -什么 |
[33:36] | Somebody hand me a glove. Scissors. | 给我递只手套 剪刀 |
[33:37] | There’s this thing that we used to do in peds. | 这方法我们以前在儿科经常用 |
[33:40] | I think it’ll work. | 我觉得能行 |
[33:41] | I just need a more flexible opening, | 我只需要一个灵活点的开口 |
[33:43] | and I can make it out of a glove. | 用一只手套就可以做到 |
[33:44] | That’s not in my notes, Robbins. | 我可没教过你这个 罗宾斯 |
[33:57] | – Are you serious? – It’s gonna work. | -你来真的呀 -这能行 |
[33:59] | But once I do it, | 但一旦我做到了 |
[34:03] | once I place the final seed, | 一旦我放好了最后的粒源 |
[34:07] | Well… | 好了 |
[34:09] | it’s smooth sailing. | 接下来就万事无忧了 |
[34:12] | Did you see that?! | 你看到了吗 |
[34:13] | It worked! It — it — it absolutely worked! | 行了 这完全没问题 |
[34:20] | ‘Night, ‘night, tumor baby. | 晚安了 肿瘤宝宝 |
[34:23] | It has been lovely, | 和你相处得挺愉快的 |
[34:26] | but we are done. | 但我们就此别过了 |
[34:38] | I’d like to open things up to a few questions. | 我愿意回答大家提出的问题 |
[34:41] | Yes. | 请讲 |
[34:43] | Are you nervous? | 你紧张吗 |
[34:46] | I’d be crazy not to be. | 我要不紧张就不正常了 |
[34:49] | Yes, of course I’m nervous, but I’m also very excited. | 没错 我当然紧张了 但同时我也很兴奋 |
[34:52] | This is history. | 这是历史 |
[34:54] | This surgery will be history. | 这个手术将被载入史册 |
[34:58] | How could I not be excited about that? | 我怎么可能不兴奋 |
[35:01] | Excellent, excellent. | 太棒了 太棒了 |
[35:04] | You should be very proud of yourself. | 你应该感到非常自豪 |
[35:08] | Close up now. | 现在缝合吧 |
[35:10] | Where are you going? | 你去哪里 |
[35:13] | What you’re describing is seven different surgeries | 你所说的是七个不同的手术 |
[35:16] | all using the hardest techniques you’ve ever tried. | 都用了手术中的最难的技术 |
[35:19] | How long do you anticipate the entire surgery actually taking? | 你预计整台手术会需要多长时间 |
[35:23] | 18 hours… give or take some hours. | 十八个小时 左右 |
[35:27] | Uh, follow-up question — | 接上一个问题 |
[35:29] | Do you need a second resident on the case? | 您这台手术还需要多一个住院医师吗 |
[35:32] | Uh, not unless Edwards is planning to bail on me. | 除非爱德华兹不打算跟我了 |
[35:35] | You planning to bail, Edwards? | 你要离我而去吗 爱德华兹 |
[35:37] | No, ma’am. | 不会的 医生 |
[35:44] | Yes, in the back. | 请讲 后面那位 |
[35:46] | Will you have help? | 你会有帮手吗 |
[35:49] | Um…sorry? | 抱歉 您再说一遍 |
[35:51] | Well, I’m just, uh — | 我就是… |
[35:52] | Well, are you gonna be doing this whole surgery yourself, | 你打算自己做完整台手术呢 |
[35:54] | or is Derek — uh, Dr. Shepherd coming? | 还是说德里克 呃 谢博德医生会来 |
[35:57] | I’m — I’m just — I’m just asking. | 我 我就是 就是问问 |
[35:59] | I mean, given everything, is it a good idea? | 在这样的情况下 这么做好吗 |
[36:01] | Should you be doing this yourself? | 你自己全部包揽了合适吗 |
[36:05] | Well, I am, so… | 我会自己做 |
[36:11] | Next question. | 下一个问题 |
[36:20] | I need you to scan me. | 我想请你给我做个扫描 |
[36:23] | Something’s happening. I’m experiencing symptoms — | 有事不妥了 我出现了一些症状 |
[36:28] | Fuzziness around the edges, a little like, uh, blinders, | 视野边缘模糊 有点像 戴了眼罩一样 |
[36:32] | And it’s, uh, dark — darker than it should be, I think. | 而且还很暗 我觉得比正常的要暗 |
[36:41] | Okay. | 好的 |
[36:44] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[37:20] | – Bailey? – Where’s Dr. Herman? | -贝利 -赫尔曼医生呢 |
[37:21] | She stepped out. What do you need? | 她出去了 你有什么事 |
[37:23] | Uh…it’s Glenda Castillo. | 是格伦达·卡斯蒂略 |
[37:28] | Hey, I need Herman right now. | 我现在要找赫尔曼 |
[37:30] | Glenda Castillo’s baby is in distress, | 格伦达·卡斯蒂略的孩子有危险 |
[37:31] | and Glenda is severely hypertensive, | 格伦达的血压也非常高 |
[37:33] | showing signs of heart failure. | 有心衰的迹象 |
[37:34] | We need to operate on her immediately, | 我们需要立即给她手术 |
[37:36] | So if you could finish up… | 所以你这边完成了 |
[37:39] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[37:40] | – Why are you standing there? I– – Arizona. | -你为什么站着不动 我 -亚利桑那 |
[37:46] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[37:49] | It’s time. | 是时候了 |
[37:51] | Now? | 现在吗 |
[37:57] | I’m gonna go… | 我得走了 |
[38:01] | Get an O.R. Ready. | 准备手术室 |
[38:02] | Okay. | 好的 |
[38:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:07] | You ready f-for this? | 你准备好了吗 |
[38:15] | A-amelia. | 阿米莉娅 |
[38:18] | I’ll get an O.R. prepped. | 我去准备手术室 |
[38:20] | You’ll inform the patient? | 你来告知病人 |
[38:30] | Oh. Robbins. | 罗宾斯 |
[38:32] | – Surgery’s all finished? – Yeah. | -手术都结束了吗 -是的 |
[38:39] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[38:41] | Shepherd’s prepping the O.R.? | 谢博德准备手术了 |
[38:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:44] | If I had to guess, | 非让我猜的话 |
[38:46] | I’d say the tumor’s invaded the optic chiasm. | 我想肿瘤已经侵入视交叉了 |
[38:54] | My chariot awaits. | 我的战车已经准备就绪 |
[38:58] | A little privacy, guys? | 出去稍等一下好吗 |
[39:02] | Did you, uh, need me for something — a patient? | 你是不是 找我有什么事 有病人 |
[39:05] | Um, yeah. | 是的 |
[39:07] | Glenda Castillo’s baby has hydrops. | 格伦达·卡斯蒂略的孩子出现水肿了 |
[39:09] | Mom is mirroring, and she’s going into CHF. | 母体也有相应反映 她要慢性心力衰竭了 |
[39:13] | Looks like a big day for both of us. | 看来今天对我俩来说都是大日子 |
[39:16] | What you need to do first | 你要做的第一件事就是 |
[39:18] | is try to embolize the vessels fetoscopically. | 用胎儿镜截断血管 |
[39:21] | Make sure her blood pressure is stabilized. | 确保她的血压稳定下来 |
[39:24] | She has you. | 她能帮你 |
[39:25] | Amelia has you. | 阿米莉娅能帮你 |
[39:27] | This is the point where you trust her, okay? | 你要相信她这一点 好吗 |
[39:29] | Don’t go in without checking Glenda’s platelet counts | 记得检查格伦达的血小板计数和交叉配血 |
[39:32] | and crossmatching. | 之后才进手术室 |
[39:33] | This is the point where you trust her, okay? | 你要相信她这一点 好吗 |
[39:37] | All set. | 我好了 |
[39:39] | Don’t let Glenda’s platelet count drop below — | 别让格伦达的血小板计数低于… |
[39:41] | 100. I know. | 一百 我知道 |
[39:42] | – Will you tie me? – Yeah. | -能帮我系上吗 -好 |
[40:11] | Let’s do this. | 走吧 |
[40:37] | I never placed much value | 我从来不太在意 |
[40:39] | in wondering about an afterlife. | 来世会如何 |
[40:41] | My concern was always this life, | 我从来只关心今生 |
[40:43] | what would I do with it? | 我要如何度过 |
[40:45] | How would I make my mark? | 我要如何活出人生的意义 |
[40:46] | Be sure, be fast. You don’t have half the time you imagine. | 自信一点 快一点 适合手术的时间很短 |
[40:49] | Try to ablate all the vessels, but don’t wait too long. | 截断所有血管 别等太长时间 |
[40:51] | Don’t be afraid to make that call. | 别害怕下这决心 |
[40:53] | If she’s awake, she’ll tell you for the 15th time | 要是她醒了 她会一次又一次地要求你 |
[40:55] | to save her child’s life before hers. | 先保住她孩子的命 |
[40:56] | Listen to her, let her say her piece, | 你听她说 等她说完 |
[40:58] | then you do what needs to be done. | 你再做自己应该做的事 |
[40:59] | I don’t think — I don’t — I don’t know — | 我不觉得 我不 不知道 |
[41:01] | I don’t know if I can do this. | 我不知道自己行不行 |
[41:02] | – I can’t. I can’t do this. – You can. | -不行 我不行 -你能行 |
[41:03] | – Nicole. – You will. | -妮可 -你会做到的 |
[41:07] | Let’s get you inside now, okay? | 我们现在送你进去 好吗 |
[41:09] | I wanted to break new ground. | 我要开辟新天地 |
[41:14] | I wanted to leave a legacy. | 我想名留青史 |
[41:17] | I wanted my life, my brain, my existence… | 我想让我的生命 我的思想 我的存在 |
[41:24] | to mean something. | 有所意义 |
[41:31] | You’re gonna be fine, okay? | 你不会有事的 好吗 |
[41:33] | Amelia’s got this. You’ve got this. | 阿米莉娅会成功的 你也能行的 |
[41:37] | The thing that I never really thought about, though, | 虽然有件事我从来没有想过 |
[41:39] | The thing I never really wrapped my brain around | 直到现在我都从来没有烦恼过的 |
[41:42] | until now was… | 那件事是 |
[41:46] | Wait, Robbins. | 等等 罗宾斯 |
[41:48] | No. | 别 |
[41:49] | Don’t you dare. | 你可不能 |
[41:50] | Don’t you dare say it, Nicole. | 你可不能说这个 妮可 |
[41:52] | in order to do that, in order to be remembered, | 为了成功 为了被铭记 |
[41:55] | in order to leave something significant behind… | 为了留下一些有意义的东西 |
[41:59] | Time to go. | 你该走了 |
[42:16] | you have to leave. | 你得学会放下 |