时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Freezing. | 当机 |
[00:05] | Choking. | 卡壳 |
[00:06] | Getting tongue-tied. | 舌头打结 |
[00:08] | It’s what we call it when your mind | 当你聪明脑瓜死机的时候 |
[00:09] | goes from brilliant to blank. | 会这么形容 |
[00:12] | We should only be gone a day, two max. | 我们只会去一天 顶多两天 |
[00:16] | If you need me before that, you can just… | 如果在我回来之前需要我 你可以… |
[00:18] | Please, Harriet’s dying for some quality time | 拜托 哈里特巴不得和她奶奶 |
[00:21] | with her grandmama. | 享受单独相处的时光呢 |
[00:22] | Could’ve just taken her with me. | 我本可以带上她 |
[00:26] | You can prepare all you want. | 你可以做好一切准备 |
[00:29] | Aren’t you gonna say, like, “Go, child? | 你难道不会说 “去吧 孩子 |
[00:31] | You’re being ridiculous.” | 你在瞎操心” |
[00:32] | But the feeling can still hit you, out of nowhere. | 可是这种感觉仍能莫名其妙地袭来 |
[00:35] | If you’re having second thoughts, | 如果你犹豫了 |
[00:38] | we could bring your patient here. | 我们可以把你的病人运过来 |
[00:40] | No, I told you, we’ve got a girl | 不 我跟你说过了 我们要处理 |
[00:43] | who needs a throat transplant | 一个需要咽喉移植的女孩 |
[00:44] | and a donor in the same exact hospital. | 她和捐赠者在同一间医院 |
[00:48] | We can’t risk moving either of them. | 把他们任何一人运过来都太冒险了 |
[00:49] | I know. I just meant… | 我知道 我只是想… |
[00:52] | So when it hits you, when your mind shuts down, | 所以当它袭来 当你脑中一片空白时 |
[00:55] | when you open your mouth and no words come out, | 当你张开嘴却说不出话时 |
[00:57] | the good news is… | 值得庆幸的是 |
[00:58] | If you have something to say, say it. | 如果你有话要说 就直说 |
[01:04] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[01:07] | I’m sure you’ll be just fine. | 你肯定不会有问题的 |
[01:09] | It happens to all of us. | 谁都会发生这样的事 |
[01:33] | Wait. Where is Grey? | 等等 格蕾去哪了 |
[01:35] | Since when is April coming? | 什么时候变成艾普丽尔来了 |
[01:36] | Oh. Grey called to tell me that Zola has the flu. | 哦 格蕾给我打电话 说佐拉得了流感 |
[01:40] | And you didn’t think to tell me that? | 你都不打算告诉我吗 |
[01:41] | I knew you’d need a capable surgeon to assist, | 我知道你需要一位得力的外科医生协助 |
[01:44] | and April’s more than capable. | 而艾普丽尔完全可以胜任 |
[01:46] | Hello. Hi, Catherine. | 你好 好呀 凯瑟琳 |
[01:48] | – Hi. – You have everything you need? | – 好呀 – 需要的东西都带上了吗 |
[01:50] | Yes, of course. | 当然了 |
[01:52] | Okay. All right. | 好的 好了 |
[01:56] | You ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[02:00] | I’ll put her in the car. | 我把她放进车里 |
[02:01] | Jackson, go. | 杰克逊 走吧 |
[02:03] | Miss Harriet and I have plans. | 哈里特小姐和我有安排了 |
[02:04] | No medical journals, all right? | 别给她看医学期刊 好吗 |
[02:06] | I don’t need her looking at flayed-open surgical fields. | 我可不想让她看到开肠破肚的手术领域 |
[02:08] | Give me my child. | 把我的孩子给我 |
[02:12] | Bye, baby. | 再见 宝宝 |
[02:25] | Bye, baby. | 再见 宝贝 |
[02:28] | Can I take your bag, Dr. Grey? | 我能帮您拿包吗 格蕾医生 |
[02:30] | Uh, uh, it’s Dr. Kepner. | 呃 我是卡普娜医生 |
[02:31] | I’m so sorry. The manifest said… | 真抱歉 通知上写的是… |
[02:32] | It’s okay. Dr. Grey got hijacked by my mother. | 没关系 格蕾医生被我妈劫持了 |
[02:40] | This is amazing. | 这太棒了 |
[02:42] | Why have we never taken your plane before? | 我们以前为什么从没坐过你的飞机 |
[02:44] | It’s… It’s not my plane. | 这不是我的飞机 |
[02:46] | It’s your name right out there. | 那上面写着你的名字呢 |
[02:48] | Right on the wing, great big letters… Avery. | 就在机翼上 大大的字 艾弗里 |
[02:51] | – Yeah, but… – So it’s your plane. | – 是啊 可是 – 所以就是你的飞机 |
[02:52] | No, it’s the family plane. It’s not my plane. | 不 这是家族的飞机 不是我的飞机 |
[02:55] | Well, yeah. | 呃 是啊 |
[02:57] | It’s Catherine’s, too. I mean… | 这也是凯瑟琳的飞机 我是说… |
[03:02] | I mean, she did make the Avery Foundation what it is. | 毕竟是她把艾弗里基金会发展成了今天的样子 |
[03:04] | Seems right she should get to fly | 像她一样能坐飞机随便飞 |
[03:06] | anywhere she wants like this. | 也是理所应当的 |
[03:07] | Really? | 不是吧 |
[03:08] | Can we not talk about my mother right now? | 我们现在能不谈我妈吗 |
[03:17] | Yes, I will have some champagne. | 好棒 我要喝点香槟 |
[03:20] | You should not have any champagne. | 你不应该喝香槟 |
[03:21] | We are going straight to the hospital. | 我们直接去医院 |
[03:24] | Uh, club soda? | 呃 那苏打水吧 |
[03:25] | Same for me, please, Katie. Thank you. | 请给我来一样的 凯蒂 谢谢 |
[03:27] | Coming right up. | 马上来 |
[03:46] | Welcome, welcome. | 欢迎 欢迎 |
[03:48] | Here are your charts. | 这是你们的病历 |
[03:49] | Dr. Avery. | 艾弗里医生 |
[03:51] | Dr. Grey. | 格蕾医生 |
[03:52] | Kepner. | 是卡普娜 |
[03:52] | Right. Sorry. | 对 抱歉 |
[03:54] | I… I know his name because it’s on | 我知道他的姓氏 |
[03:55] | – all our stationery. – Right. | – 因为它印在我们文具上 – 是啊 |
[03:57] | A patient and a donor… | 病人和捐献者 |
[03:58] | two of them here together, | 两个人在一起 |
[04:00] | same time, same day, perfect match… | 同日同时 完全匹配 |
[04:03] | It’s like winning the lottery. | 简直像赢了彩票啊 |
[04:05] | I mean, if you call a brain-dead kid | 好吧 如果你把一个脑死亡的孩子 |
[04:07] | a lottery ticket, then, yeah. | 称作彩票的话 没错 |
[04:08] | Of course. | 当然 |
[04:09] | And it’s a horrible loss. Uh, that was… | 这损失的确惨重 我是… |
[04:11] | I-I’m just thrilled that you’re both here | 我只是真的很激动 你俩都来这里 |
[04:12] | to make this possible. | 来促成这场手术 |
[04:14] | The donor patient’s room is at the end of this ICU. | 捐赠者的房间在这个重症监护室的尽头 |
[04:17] | And you have the donor consent forms? | 你已经拿到捐赠者同意表了吗 |
[04:18] | Yeah, before we get to that, uh, Mr. Young | 呃 这个啊 在说这事之前 |
[04:20] | is going to need you to explain to him | 你们得先和杨先生解释下 |
[04:23] | why there’s nothing more you can do for his son. | 让他明白 你们无力挽救他儿子 |
[04:25] | What? No one’s told him that yet? | 什么 还没有人告诉他吗 |
[04:26] | I thought he knew we were coming. | 我以为他知道我们要来 |
[04:27] | Well, he does. It… It’s just that, | 他是知道的 但是 就是 |
[04:29] | he’s had a bit of trouble accepting what’s happened, | 他有些难以接受现实 |
[04:31] | as I’m sure you can understand. | 你们肯定能理解 |
[04:33] | You told me very clearly | 你清楚地告诉过我 |
[04:34] | that the patient’s father was on board. | 捐赠者的父亲是同意的 |
[04:36] | Now, hold on. | 等等 |
[04:37] | I never said that he agreed. I merely said… | 我可没说他同意了 我只说… |
[04:39] | So he thinks that we’re coming | 所以他以为 我们是来 |
[04:41] | to save his kid, not take his organs. | 救他儿子的 不是取他器官的 |
[04:43] | I thought that, once you had examined the boy, | 我是觉得 等你们检查过那个男孩 |
[04:46] | it’d be better coming from you. | 还是你们来说比较好 |
[04:47] | I’m just glad you’re here. | 我很庆幸你们来了 |
[04:50] | I mean, Dr. Corridan said that there’s nothing he could do. | 科里丹医生说 他无能为力 |
[04:52] | Then he said there was another doctor | 然后他说 有一位 |
[04:53] | who was coming in from Seattle. | 从西雅图来的医生 |
[04:55] | I was like… | 我就… |
[04:55] | I mean, it’s great, right? Th-There’s hope. | 这太棒了 对吗 还有希望 |
[04:58] | So, okay. What’s the plan? | 好了 计划是什么 |
[05:00] | I mean, you… you… you want to do some tests? | 你们想做什么检查吗 |
[05:03] | Surgery? | 还是动手术 |
[05:04] | Obviously, you want to examine him, | 当然 你们会想要检查他的身体 |
[05:06] | but how long before you think he’ll wake up? | 不过你们觉得他要等多久才能醒来 |
[05:09] | – Mr. Young, I’m af… – Eric, Eric, please. | – 杨先生 抱歉… – 埃里克就行 |
[05:12] | – Eric… – It’s his birthday. | – 埃里克 – 今天是他的生日 |
[05:14] | Did I tell you that? | 我告诉你们了吗 |
[05:17] | Double digits, he kept saying. | 终于十岁了 他曾经一直这么说 |
[05:20] | I mean, he was having the time of his life | 他当时在那座山上 |
[05:21] | up on that mountain. | 实在是兴高采烈 |
[05:22] | “Just one more run, Dad. | “再跑一圈 爸爸 |
[05:24] | Just one more run…” | 就再跑一圈” |
[05:26] | Eric, I’m afraid we have some difficult news. | 埃里克 很抱歉 我知道这很难接受 |
[05:29] | We’ve looked at Brian’s scans, | 我们看过了布莱恩的片子 |
[05:31] | and, unfortunately, Dr. Corridan was right. | 不幸的是 科里丹医生没错 |
[05:35] | There’s nothing that we can do for your son. | 我们对你的儿子也爱莫能助 |
[05:42] | Then why are you here? | 那你们来做什么 |
[05:43] | We are here… | 我们来这里 |
[05:45] | because we wanted to talk to you about… | 是因为我们想要和你谈谈 |
[05:48] | donating your son’s organs. | 捐赠你儿子器官的事情 |
[05:58] | No. | 没门 |
[06:00] | You’re here to help my son. | 你们是来救我儿子的 |
[06:03] | – I understand how difficult this is… – Difficult? | – 我理解这有多困难 – 困难? |
[06:06] | If you understood what you were asking, you wouldn’t… | 如果你真理解你要我做的事 你就不会… |
[06:08] | Mr. Young… | 杨先生 |
[06:10] | I know what we’re asking. | 我知道我们在请求什么 |
[06:13] | When all you want is to have him back, to hold him. | 而你只想挽回他的生命 抱着他 |
[06:16] | I know the thought of letting any part of him go feels… | 我知道 放弃他的任何一部分 都困难得 |
[06:20] | impossible. | 无法想象 |
[06:22] | You’re the only that can make this decision. | 只有你能做出这个决定 |
[06:24] | We understand that. | 我们也理解 |
[06:26] | We wouldn’t ask you to do something | 我们也不会勉强你做 |
[06:27] | that you’re not comfortable doing. | 你不想做的事 |
[06:28] | And if ultimately you don’t want to do this, | 如果最终你仍然不想这么做 |
[06:31] | that’s fine. | 没关系 |
[06:32] | We are here to support you either way. | 不管怎样 我们也是来帮助你的 |
[06:36] | All I know is… | 我知道的就是… |
[06:38] | is when I lost my son… | 我失去我儿子的时候… |
[06:42] | I just needed to find a little meaning in it. | 我只是想让他的死有一点意义 |
[07:06] | Where do I sign? | 在哪签字 |
[07:29] | This way to Caroline’s room. | 前面就是卡罗琳的病房 |
[07:31] | Her parents are very eager to meet you, Dr. Avery. | 艾弗里医生 她的父母急着想见你呢 |
[07:37] | This is Risa and Mary Hodges. | 这是莉莎·霍奇和玛丽·霍奇 |
[07:39] | Well, it’s a pleasure to meet you both. | 很高兴见到你们俩 |
[07:40] | Listen, we’re grateful that you’re here, | 我们很感激你们能来 |
[07:42] | that you came all this way, | 一路舟车劳顿 |
[07:44] | but our daughter’s met dozens of doctors, | 但我们女儿看了一大堆医生 |
[07:46] | each one ordering more tests, | 一个比一个做的检查多 |
[07:48] | putting her through more hell, | 一步步把她推向深渊 |
[07:49] | making promises they had no business making. | 许下各种无力兑现的承诺 |
[07:51] | Mary, maybe let the guy say hello. | 玛丽 先让他问好 |
[07:54] | She needs the tumor gone. | 这个肿瘤必须要摘除 |
[07:56] | But she needs her vocal cords. | 但她不能失去声带 |
[07:58] | She needs her voice. | 她需要说话 |
[07:59] | So if this throat transplant isn’t real… | 如果咽喉移植不能完全… |
[08:02] | I mean, if it’s just another rug you’re gonna pull out | 我是说 如果她出了 |
[08:03] | – from under her, then… – You’re scared. | – 什么意外 – 你很害怕 |
[08:06] | I totally understand. | 我能理解 |
[08:07] | Let me, um… Let me start over. | 让我… 让我重新开始说 |
[08:10] | It’s my fault. I’m Dr. Avery. | 是我的错 我是艾弗里医生 |
[08:12] | I am a double board-certified plastic surgeon | 我既是整形科医生 |
[08:14] | and ENT specialist. | 也是耳鼻喉科专家 |
[08:16] | I’m also a dad. | 同时也是一位父亲 |
[08:18] | Now, I’ve come a long way | 我远道而来 |
[08:20] | because I know that I can help your daughter. | 因为我知道我可以帮助你们女儿 |
[08:22] | And I do not make promises that I can’t keep. | 我不会轻易做出承诺 |
[08:29] | I just… I still don’t know | 我只是… 我还是不知道 |
[08:30] | if this is the right thing. | 这样做对不对 |
[08:32] | The laryngectomy is still the safest… | 喉头切除术还是最保险的… |
[08:33] | No, Mary, we agreed. | 不 玛丽 我们达成一致了 |
[08:34] | They are not taking her vocal cords. | 他们不能切除她的声带 |
[08:36] | What if you go in there, Dr. Avery, | 艾弗里医生 如果你进了手术室 |
[08:38] | and you cut open her throat, | 切开了喉咙 |
[08:40] | and the transplant doesn’t work? | 但移植失败了呢 |
[08:42] | In that place, we’d be looking at a permanent trach. | 那样的话 我们会选择永久插管 |
[08:44] | Permanent. See? | 永久的 看到了吗 |
[08:46] | And you want to risk that? | 你想冒那个险吗 |
[08:47] | He wouldn’t do it if he didn’t think that he could. | 没有把握他是不会做的 |
[08:50] | Would you? | 会吗 |
[08:51] | This procedure gives her the best chance at survival… | 这个手术是她活下去最大的机会 |
[08:53] | at getting her voice back, her whole life back. | 重新发声 掌握生活 |
[08:57] | Mary, come on. | 玛丽 求你了 |
[09:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:15] | – Why are you doing that? – Doing what? | – 你为什么要那么做 – 做什么 |
[09:17] | Telling those moms you’re a dad | 告诉那对父母你是一位父亲 |
[09:18] | to charm your way into the room, | 让你尽显魅力 |
[09:20] | using Samuel to… | 利用塞缪尔来… |
[09:21] | It’s my life. | 那是我的人生 |
[09:21] | It happened. | 经历过的人生 |
[09:23] | Yeah, it’s my life, too, | 是啊 那也是我的人生 |
[09:24] | but I don’t use it to… | 但我没有利用它来… |
[09:26] | To what? Help that dad make his decision? | 来干嘛 帮那位父亲做决定 |
[09:27] | Help those moms find a little bit of comfort? | 帮那对母亲寻求安慰 |
[09:30] | April, if you don’t like it, that is your problem. | 艾普丽尔 如果你不喜欢 那是你的事 |
[09:32] | I’m not the one that asked you to come here in the first place. | 一开始就不是我让你来的 |
[09:36] | Look, we have tonight to prep for the surgery. | 我们只有一个晚上准备手术 |
[09:39] | I have somewhere that I need to be. | 我得去个地方 |
[09:41] | I will find you later. | 我待会来找你 |
[09:42] | What… Where do you need to be? | 什么… 你要去哪 |
[09:44] | – It’s Montana. – I’ll find you later. | – 这是蒙大纳 – 我待会去找你 |
[10:11] | April… | 艾普丽尔… |
[10:15] | I laid out all of Caroline’s charts. | 我拿到了卡罗琳的病例 |
[10:17] | Chinese food is on the way. | 点好了中国菜 |
[10:19] | I know things are not the greatest between us right now, | 我知道我们之间有问题 |
[10:23] | but if we’re gonna do the surgery… | 但如果要做手术… |
[10:24] | Yeah, no, I need to prep alone. | 好 不 我要独自准备 |
[10:26] | I’ll talk to you tomorrow. | 明天再说 |
[10:27] | Um… | 呃 |
[10:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:39] | Carl, I thought your doctor said | 卡尔 我记得你的医生 |
[10:43] | to cut down on the red meat. | 让你戒红肉 |
[10:45] | That’s why I’m sharing. | 所以我在分享啊 |
[10:47] | You good? | 你还好吗 |
[10:49] | On the house for new customers. | 新客免费 |
[10:55] | Well, enjoy that. | 好好享用 |
[11:06] | Hello? | 你好 |
[11:07] | No, this is Dr. Kepner. | 我是卡普娜医生 |
[11:11] | No, I don’t… I don’t know. | 不 我不… 我不知道啊 |
[11:12] | Have you tried his room? | 你去他房间看过了吗 |
[11:15] | I’m sorry. What?! | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[11:18] | There was a lesion on the donor’s throat, | 捐献者的咽喉有损伤 |
[11:20] | which means the transplant is no longer an option. | 这意味着无法移植 |
[11:23] | I am so sorry… | 很抱歉 |
[11:24] | Don’t tell us you’re sorry. | 别跟我说抱歉 |
[11:26] | You talked me into this. | 你说服了我我才答应的 |
[11:27] | You said this was the solution! | 你说这才是解决办法 |
[11:30] | And now, I mean, if there’s no donor, | 现在 如果没有捐献者 |
[11:32] | how do you fix our daughter?! | 你怎么才能治好我们的女儿 |
[11:34] | Mary, please, stop yelling. | 玛丽 求你 别吼了 |
[11:35] | If there’s a time to yell, Risa, this is it. | 莉莎 如果必须要吼 那就是现在 |
[11:37] | The best way to help your daughter | 喉头切除术是能帮你女儿 |
[11:39] | is to do the laryngectomy, which means… | 最好的办法 也就意味着… |
[11:42] | No, we know what that means. | 我知道那是什么意思 |
[11:43] | That is removing her vocal cords and her ability to speak. | 摘掉她的声带 使她丧失说话的能力 |
[11:47] | And we told Dr. Avery it’s not an option. | 我们跟艾弗里医生说了不能这么做 |
[11:49] | At this point, I really think it is her best chance. | 此时此刻 我觉得这是她最好的机会 |
[11:54] | And… And what about Dr. Avery? | 那艾弗里医生怎么说 |
[11:57] | Is that what he thinks, too? | 他也是这么想的吗 |
[12:01] | I don’t know where you are or what you’re doing, but call me! | 我不知道你在哪 在做什么 快打回来 |
[12:05] | Damn it! | 该死的 |
[12:11] | Oh, my… Where have you been? | 我去 你去哪了 |
[12:13] | I have been looking everywhere for you. | 我到处找你 |
[12:16] | Corridan’s called a dozen times. | 科里丹打了无数个电话 |
[12:18] | I have been calling, texting… | 我也一直在给你打电话 发短信… |
[12:19] | Calm down. You sent one text. | 冷静点 你只发了一条短信 |
[12:21] | No organs, no surgery, right? | 没器官 没法做手术是吗 |
[12:23] | Didn’t hear anything else after that, | 没听到后续 |
[12:24] | so I figured I’d have a drink. | 所以我想可以来喝一杯 |
[12:28] | Oh. Battery died. | 手机没电了 |
[12:30] | Well, that’s not very helpful, now, is it? | 急也没用 不是吗 |
[12:33] | – You’re drunk. – You’re pissed. | – 你喝醉了 – 你生气了 |
[12:34] | Yeah, yeah, uh-huh, I am. | 是啊 我是很气 |
[12:36] | We lost the donor, Caroline’s repeat scans | 捐献者没有了 卡罗琳的复查扫描 |
[12:39] | show more extensive esophageal invasion, | 显示食管被侵袭的范围变大了 |
[12:41] | her parents are a wreck, and… | 她的家长快崩溃了 而且 |
[12:43] | and you’re… you’re here getting drunk? | 你还在这喝得酩酊大醉 |
[12:45] | Jackson. | 杰克逊 |
[12:48] | I got off work, and I had a beer, April. | 艾普丽尔 我下班了 所以来喝杯啤酒 |
[12:52] | Four beers, actually, and, uh, some whiskey on top of that. | 实际上是4杯 之前还喝了些威士忌 |
[12:55] | What is wrong with you? | 你到底怎么了 |
[12:56] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[12:58] | Nothing wrong with me. | 我没事 |
[12:59] | We have a patient who’s counting on us. | 有个病人正指望着我们呢 |
[13:01] | No, not us. Me. | 不 不是我们 是我 |
[13:03] | And there’s no organs, there’s nothing I can do, | 没有器官了 我无能为力 |
[13:05] | so just leave me the hell alone. | 所以让我一个人静静 |
[13:08] | I mean, this isn’t you. | 这不是真正的你 |
[13:09] | You don’t get wasted in bars and bail on your patients… | 你不会在酒吧虚度光阴而放弃病人 |
[13:12] | I didn’t bail on anyone! | 我没有放弃任何人 |
[13:13] | So, how we doing over here? | 怎么了 |
[13:18] | Dessert? | 要来点甜点吗 |
[13:19] | No, he’s going home… to sober up. | 不 他正要回家…去醒酒 |
[13:21] | He has work, right? | 他要工作 对吗 |
[13:22] | In that case, let me call you a cab. | 那样的话 我帮你们叫车 |
[13:24] | I’m walking. | 我自己走 |
[13:32] | Can I get you something? | 我能给你来点儿什么吗 |
[13:35] | No, I’m good. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[13:39] | He left his book. | 他的书落下了 |
[13:39] | “Techniques in Oropharyngeal Surgery.” | “咽喉手术技巧” |
[13:43] | Hmm. | 哇 |
[13:44] | Airway reconstruction? | 气管重建吗 |
[13:47] | Uh, throat… transplant. | 喉部移植 |
[13:49] | Supposed to be a throat transplant. | 本应该是喉部移植的 |
[13:50] | It just got scrapped. | 只不过它被取消了 |
[13:51] | Total laryngectomy not an option, huh? | 全喉切除术不是一个选择吗 |
[13:55] | I was a surgeon. | 我曾是个外科医生 |
[13:56] | That was many lifetimes ago. | 很久以前 |
[13:58] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:00] | You gave that up for this? | 你就为了这个而放弃了当外科医生吗 |
[14:02] | Well, this is not all that different. | 这没有什么不同 |
[14:04] | People come to you in need, | 人们有困难的时候来找你 |
[14:06] | you provide them comfort. | 你给他们带来舒适感 |
[14:07] | They leave here feeling better than when they came. | 他们离开的时候会感觉比刚来时好很多 |
[14:10] | And the hours are better, and nobody dies. | 工作时间更好 而且没有人死 |
[14:12] | That I know of. | 据我所知就这样 |
[14:16] | Welcome to Bozeman, Doctor… | 欢迎来到博兹曼 医生 |
[14:17] | Uh, Kepner. April Kepner. | 卡普娜 艾普丽尔·卡普娜 |
[14:19] | Robert Avery. | 罗伯特·艾弗里 |
[14:21] | Avery. I’m… I’m sorry. | 艾弗里 不好意思 |
[14:23] | Like the hospital? | 医院的名字那个艾弗里吗 |
[14:25] | Kinda. Once upon a time. | 有点 以前 |
[14:27] | Let me know if you need anything, okay? | 有需要就尽管吩咐 好吗 |
[14:30] | I… I will. | 我会的 |
[14:54] | We still need to find a way to help Caroline. | 我们仍然需要找到帮助卡罗琳的办法 |
[14:57] | What time is it? | 几点了 |
[14:58] | It’s early. | 还很早 |
[15:02] | – What? – Are you okay? | – 什么 – 你还好吗 |
[15:03] | Yeah, I’m fine. | 是的 我很好 |
[15:05] | Hurry up and get dressed. We should get to work. | 赶快穿好衣服 我们应该开始工作了 |
[15:08] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[15:10] | I hate this. | 我讨厌这样 |
[15:11] | I don’t see how we could do anything | 我不明白除了喉头切除术 |
[15:13] | but the laryngectomy, | 我们还能做什么 |
[15:14] | but I hate the laryngectomy. | 但我讨厌喉头切除术 |
[15:16] | Seems like she’d have had a better shot | 看样子 如果你把他带回格蕾-斯隆纪念医院 |
[15:17] | if you’d taken her to Grey Sloan. | 她的机会要更大些 |
[15:18] | She’s not stable enough to move. You know that. | 她太不稳定 不能转移 你知道的 |
[15:20] | No, not now. | 不 不是现在 |
[15:21] | I’m just saying, I don’t know why | 我只想说 我不知道为什么 |
[15:23] | we had to come all the way out here. | 我们要大老远跑到这儿来 |
[15:25] | Do you? | 你知道吗 |
[15:27] | The last time I worked on a kid | 上一次我给有喉部肿瘤的患儿 |
[15:29] | with a throat tumor, we did a staged procedure. | 动手术时 我们做了分段手术 |
[15:31] | I did a radical excision and a trach first, | 我先做了根治性切除术和气管切开 |
[15:34] | and then we did a skin flap. | 然后做了个皮瓣 |
[15:35] | She doesn’t have that kind of time. | 她没有那么多时间 |
[15:37] | Yeah, I… I know. I’m just… | 是 我知道 我只是 |
[15:38] | But if we’d gotten to this last night… | 但如果我们昨晚就想到这个 |
[15:40] | Then we still would not have had enough time for the flap. | 我们仍然没有足够的时间做皮瓣 |
[15:42] | I mean, come on. You made your point. | 别揪着不放了 你的意思我懂了 |
[15:44] | I was drunk, April. I get it. | 我喝醉了 艾普丽尔 我懂了 |
[15:46] | I don’t need you to monitor everything… | 我不需要你监视所有事情 |
[15:47] | I’m not! | 我没有 |
[15:48] | I am just trying | 我只不过是在试着 |
[15:48] | to come up with a fix for our patient, | 为我们的病人想出一个解决方法 |
[15:50] | regardless of the fact that you don’t even want me here. | 虽然你不想让我在这里 |
[15:52] | And yet you’re still here. | 然而你还在这 |
[15:54] | ‘Cause you and my mother are such good friends | 因为你和我妈是非常要好的朋友 |
[15:55] | that she chose you instead of asking me who I want. | 以至于她选择了你而不是问我想要谁 |
[15:57] | Oh, my God! | 我的天哪 |
[15:58] | I was friends with her long before you and I were eve… | 在你和我结婚之前我们就是朋友了 |
[16:01] | I respect her! | 我尊重她 |
[16:02] | – I respect what she’s built… – Great! | – 我尊重她所做的 – 很好 |
[16:05] | – …and what the means… – Good for you! | – 这是什么意思 – 棒极了 |
[16:07] | You know, | 你知道吗 |
[16:07] | your mom says the difference between the two of us | 你妈说我们俩之间的差异是 |
[16:09] | is that you were born with money and I had to earn it. | 你天生就有钱而我得去挣钱 |
[16:11] | It’s why she and I are more alike. | 这就是为什么她和我更像 |
[16:13] | You think this is a contest between you and me? | 你认为这是一个你我之间的争论吗 |
[16:15] | Who’s the most alike? Who’s the most appreciative? | 谁是最像的 谁是最有眼光的 |
[16:16] | No, Jackson! | 不 杰克逊 |
[16:18] | – That is not the point of any of this… – Shut up. | – 这不是我所要说的 – 闭嘴 |
[16:20] | What? Don’t tell me to shut up. | 什么 不要让我闭嘴 |
[16:22] | Are you kidding me… Shut up. | 你是在开玩笑吧 闭嘴 |
[16:27] | If her airway’s collapsed, | 如果她的气道塌陷了 |
[16:27] | we’ll have to crike her right away. | 我们现在就得给她做气管切开 |
[16:28] | Take her straight to the O.R. | 立刻送她去手术室 |
[16:29] | Dr. Corridan, what are we looking at? | 科里丹医生 什么情况 |
[16:31] | The nurses paged us, 911. | 护士们紧急呼叫我们 |
[16:32] | What is happening here? | 发生了什么 |
[16:33] | Caroline is being discharged. | 卡罗琳要出院 |
[16:35] | What?! No, she’s not stable enough to move. | 什么 不行 她不够稳定不能移动 |
[16:37] | The doctors at Baylor think she is. | 贝勒医院的医生认为她可以了 |
[16:39] | What doctors at Baylor? | 贝勒的什么医生 |
[16:41] | The one we called. | 我们之前打电话的那个 |
[16:42] | I spoke with Dr. Rapkin there. | 我和那里的莱普金医生谈过话了 |
[16:44] | She has a new method she believes will help Caroline. | 她有一个她认为能帮助卡罗琳的新方法 |
[16:46] | Aggressive chemo-radiation with staged excision | 在两星期之后进行积极的 |
[16:48] | after two weeks. | 分期切除放疗 |
[16:49] | Yes, we have already rejected that… | 不 我们已经否决 |
[16:50] | We’ve gone through every possible alternative. | 我们已经搜寻了一切可能的办法 |
[16:53] | Risa, there comes a point when you just have to hear… | 莉莎 你总归要听听别人意见的 |
[16:56] | You think I don’t hear you?! | 你认为我没有听吗 |
[16:59] | All of you? | 你们所有人 |
[17:01] | My daughter has no voice. | 我女儿没有声音 |
[17:03] | We are her voice. | 我们就是她的声音 |
[17:06] | We are not gonna let her down | 我们不能因为停止提问 |
[17:08] | just because we stopped asking questions. | 而让她失望 |
[17:12] | We asked, you said no. | 我们问了 你们说不 |
[17:14] | We’re leaving. | 我们要离开 |
[17:17] | They have the right to move her | 如果他们觉得有必要 |
[17:18] | if they feel it’s necessary. | 他们有权移动她 |
[17:19] | No. | 不行 |
[17:20] | It is too dangerous to move her anywhere. | 把她移动到任何地方都是很危险的 |
[17:21] | That girl could choke on her own tumor, | 那个女孩会因为她的肿瘤而窒息的 |
[17:23] | okay? | 好吗 |
[17:23] | If you move her, she could die… period. | 如果你们移动她 她可能会死在路上 |
[17:25] | Okay. So, y-y-you… | 好吧 那你们… |
[17:27] | you’ll need to fill out an AMA form. | 你们得填一张违反医嘱表 |
[17:28] | Legal reasons. | 法律原因 |
[17:31] | Tell us what you have. | 说说你们的方案 |
[17:33] | Tell us why we should stay. | 给我们一个留下的理由 |
[17:37] | We’ve been down every road… every one. | 我们每种选择都考虑过了 每一种 |
[17:42] | There are no other options. | 没有其他选择了 |
[17:43] | We do the laryngectomy, Caroline lives. | 我们做喉头切除术 卡罗琳才能活下去 |
[17:46] | It’s that simple. | 就这么简单 |
[17:58] | We’re going to Baylor. | 我们要去贝勒 |
[18:01] | It’s what she wants… what we all want. | 这是她想要的 也是我们想要的 |
[18:12] | We’ll fix it. We will fix her voice. | 我们会修复它 我们将修复她的声音 |
[18:16] | Listen, what Dr. Avery means is that… | 听着 艾弗里医生的意思是 |
[18:18] | I have an idea is what I mean. | 我的意思就是我有办法了 |
[18:20] | I told you that I don’t break my promises, right? | 我说过我不会食言的 对吧 |
[18:22] | I promise you this. | 我向你们保证 |
[18:24] | I have an idea that I think is gonna work. | 我有个主意 我想这能奏效 |
[18:26] | All right, I’ll call Dr. Rapkin. | 好吧 我会打电话给莱普金医生的 |
[18:27] | I will. | 我会的 |
[18:28] | I’ll call everybody that I can. | 我尽可能多找些人 |
[18:31] | This is gonna work, okay? | 它行得通 好吗 |
[18:33] | Give Dr. Kepner and I a little bit of time | 给我和卡普娜医生一点时间 |
[18:36] | and do not move her. | 不要动她 |
[18:38] | Please. | 拜托 |
[18:45] | We get on a plane tomorrow at 3:00. | 我们明天3点就上飞机 |
[18:49] | You’ve got till then. | 给你到那之前 |
[18:55] | Okay. So what’s your idea? | 好吧 你的想法是什么 |
[18:58] | I don’t have one. | 我还没有想到 |
[19:00] | What? You just… | 什么 你刚才 |
[19:01] | Yes, I lied, but they can’t move her, | 是的 我撒谎了 但她们不能转移她 |
[19:02] | and I just needed a little more time. | 我只不过还需要一点时间 |
[19:04] | What is the matter with you? | 你到底是发什么神经 |
[19:05] | Why are you torturing this poor girl? | 为什么你要折磨这个可怜的女孩呢 |
[19:07] | You just made a promise that you know you can’t keep, | 你刚许下了一个明知无法履行的承诺 |
[19:10] | that you know we can’t deliver. | 你知道我们兑现不了这承诺的 |
[19:12] | We can find a way to deliver. | 我们可以能够找到兑现的方法 |
[19:13] | Where? Where… Wh-Where are we gonna find it? | 去哪找 哪 我们在哪找 |
[19:16] | At the diner?! | 在饭店吗 |
[19:18] | What? | 什么 |
[19:19] | When are you gonna tell me | 你打算什么时候才告诉我 |
[19:21] | that you found your father? | 你找到了你的父亲 |
[19:23] | Your father, Jackson… | 你的父亲 杰克逊 |
[19:24] | your long-lost, deadbeat dad? | 你长久未见 不负责任的父亲 |
[19:26] | The distinguished-hippie- former-surgeon Dr. Avery, | 那个杰出幽默的昔日外科医生艾弗里 |
[19:28] | who slings hash at the local diner? | 本地餐馆的那个服务员 |
[19:30] | He’s the whole reason we’re here! | 他就是我们来的原因 |
[19:34] | No, I came here to help a patient. | 不是的 我来这是为了帮助病人 |
[19:35] | Don’t lie to me. | 别骗我 |
[19:38] | And worse yet, don’t lie to Caroline and her parents. | 更别骗卡罗琳和她的家长 骗她们更糟 |
[19:41] | We are only here ’cause of your freakin’ father, | 我们在这里就因为你那破爹 |
[19:44] | and now that kid is gonna die. | 现在那孩子就要死了 |
[19:58] | – Night-night, baby. – Sleep well. | – 晚安 宝贝 – 好好睡 |
[20:00] | Be good for Grandma, okay? Love you. | 对奶奶乖一点 好吗 爱你 |
[20:02] | Love you, nugget. | 爱你 宝贝 |
[20:03] | Mwah! | 么么哒 |
[20:17] | Why didn’t you just tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[20:24] | All right. | 好吧 |
[20:26] | Forget it. | 算了 |
[20:32] | “You good?” | “你还好吗” |
[20:34] | What? | 什么 |
[20:38] | I sat there, staring at him across the room. | 我就坐在那盯着他 |
[20:39] | Figured, you know, eventually, he’ll see me, | 我以为 最终他会看我的 |
[20:43] | recognize… something… my face, my eyes, | 认出我的身份 我的脸 我的眼睛 |
[20:48] | just… anything. | 随便什么都可以 |
[20:50] | And that’s all I got was, “You good?” | 可他只说了句 “你还好吗” |
[20:57] | Like, literally, that’s it. | 就四个字 |
[20:59] | No recognition, nothing. | 没认出我 没任何反应 |
[21:04] | Like I was… | 好像我是个 |
[21:07] | anyone. | 陌生人 |
[21:10] | No one. | 谁也不是 |
[21:12] | So talk to him. | 那就和他谈谈吧 |
[21:13] | Yeah, I tried. | 我试过了 |
[21:15] | I… I wanted to. | 我也想这么做 |
[21:17] | I went, and I sat there, waited… | 我就坐在那儿等着 |
[21:26] | I got a million things to say to that guy. | 我有千言万语想与他诉说 |
[21:30] | Thinking about it my whole… | 回想起过去种种 |
[21:36] | Tell him what an ass he was | 我想告诉他到底有多混蛋 |
[21:38] | for walking out on his family, his kid… | 抛弃了他的家庭 他的孩子 |
[21:44] | He couldn’t hack it as an Avery. Join the club. | 他没法像艾弗里一样应付自如 和我一样 |
[21:50] | Could still show up. | 他没必要彻底远走高飞 |
[21:52] | Pick something… uh, birthday, graduation. | 他可以选个生日礼物 或者是毕业礼物 |
[21:55] | Show the hell up. | 至少露个面 |
[22:03] | That’s what I was gonna say… all that. | 我本来打算这么说的 |
[22:06] | Then, uh… | 然而 |
[22:13] | Then he… | 他 |
[22:15] | He looked me right in the eye. | 他看着我的眼睛 |
[22:22] | He doesn’t know his own son. | 却根本不认识他的亲儿子 |
[22:28] | So make him know you. | 那就让他认识你 |
[22:45] | – This is stupid. – No, it’s not. | – 太愚蠢了 – 不 不是的 |
[22:53] | – All right, well, you can go. – I’m not going. | – 行了 你可以走了 – 我不走 |
[22:57] | We’re not married. | 我们又不是夫妻 |
[22:58] | It’s not like who I talk to | 所以 我和谁说话 |
[22:59] | or don’t talk to is any of your business anyway. | 不和谁说话都不关你的事 |
[23:01] | Yeah, it is my business, | 不 这就关我的事 |
[23:03] | because we have a job to do, and you’re not here. | 因为 我们明明有工作在身 你却心不在焉 |
[23:05] | And you’re not gonna be here | 而且 除非你说出你该说的话 |
[23:07] | till you say what you need to say. | 否则你都回不过神的 |
[23:08] | So go say it. | 所以 去说出来吧 |
[23:09] | Then it will be over… | 这样就会没事了 |
[23:12] | and we can get back to work. | 我们也可以安心回去工作 |
[23:37] | Hey, back again. | 嗨 你又来了 |
[23:38] | Sorry, we’re closed. | 不好意思 我们关门了 |
[23:45] | I’ve got some meatloaf left over in the back. | 后厨还有剩余的烘肉卷 |
[23:47] | I could fix up something to go if you’d like… | 如果你愿意 我可以安排一下 |
[23:49] | I’m Jackson Avery. | 我是杰克逊·艾弗里 |
[23:53] | I’m your son. | 我是你的儿子 |
[24:01] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[24:08] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[24:13] | Jackson. Oh, son. | 杰克逊 儿子 |
[24:16] | Oh, Jackson! | 杰克逊 |
[24:19] | Oh, good God! | 天啊 |
[24:22] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[24:23] | Come inside. Oh, Jackson. | 杰克逊 快进来 |
[24:25] | I’m sorry, it’s just, my brain is going a little… you know? | 我很抱歉 我的脑子有点糊涂 你知道吗 |
[24:29] | You want to sit? | 你想坐一下吗 |
[24:31] | Of course not. You’ve been sitting. | 当然不 你已经坐过了 |
[24:33] | Why didn’t you just… | 你为什么不 |
[24:34] | I mean, I don’t blame you, but… | 我是说 我不怪你 但是 |
[24:37] | I’m sorry, I do not know what to say here. | 我很抱歉 我不知该说些什么 |
[24:41] | Are you here for work, too, at the hospital? | 你也是来工作的吗 医院的事 |
[24:44] | You and your friend, uh, April, was it? | 你和你的朋友 艾普丽尔 是吧 |
[24:47] | The surgeon? | 那个外科医生 |
[24:49] | Yeah. | 对 |
[24:50] | You’re a surgeon. | 你是个外科医生 |
[24:54] | I am, yeah. | 是的 |
[24:55] | Uh, Plastics and ENT. | 整形外科与耳鼻喉科 |
[24:57] | Of course. Of course you are. | 是啊 你当然是医生 |
[24:58] | Good God. | 我的天啊 |
[25:01] | And your mom? Is she here, too? | 你妈妈呢 她也在这吗 |
[25:06] | This your place? | 这是你的酒吧吗 |
[25:08] | It gives me a roof over my head | 一个栖身之所 |
[25:10] | and weekends off to play golf, | 周末还能打高尔夫 |
[25:11] | food on the table. | 桌上还有吃的 |
[25:12] | Speaking of which… | 说到这个 |
[25:14] | Oh, wait right there. | 在这儿等会儿 |
[25:20] | My own blend. | 我的独门混合咖啡 |
[25:22] | I’ve been working with these local guys… | 我和这些当地人一起工作 |
[25:23] | Great guys. You’d like them. | 都是好人 你也会喜欢他们的 |
[25:26] | I don’t know why I just said that. | 我不知道为什么我要说这些 |
[25:28] | I have no idea who you’d like. | 我不知道你喜欢什么样的人 |
[25:30] | Anyway, we’re thinking of opening up a little business on the side. | 总之 我们正在考虑兼职搞点小生意 |
[25:33] | Nothing big, you know? | 不是什么大生意 |
[25:34] | Just putting it out there for the tourists and such. | 就是服务观光客之类的小生意 |
[25:48] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[25:49] | Incredible, huh? | 难以置信 对吗 |
[25:50] | Chicory. | 加了菊苣 |
[25:53] | Listen to me, | 听我说 |
[25:55] | yapping away like some kind of idiot. | 别跟个傻子一样胡说八道了 |
[25:58] | Tell me something. | 告诉我 |
[26:00] | Anything, everything. | 什么都行 |
[26:02] | I know nothing. | 我对你一无所知 |
[26:07] | Here. | 这儿 |
[26:09] | Here we go. | 来吧 |
[26:19] | God, it’s good to see you. | 天啊 真高兴能见到你 |
[26:21] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[26:26] | I’m Head of Plastics | 我是整形外科主任 |
[26:27] | and board chair at Grey Sloan Memorial. | 以及格蕾-斯隆纪念医院的董事会主席 |
[26:29] | I’m, uh, developing a new protocol with skin grafts, | 我正在开发新的皮肤移植方案 |
[26:33] | particularly burn victims, and… | 尤其针对烧伤患者 |
[26:36] | No, I’m not talking, um… | 不 我不是说 |
[26:40] | Of course you’re amazing. | 你理当如此优秀 |
[26:42] | You know, with your mom’s help, your name… | 在你妈妈的帮助下 还有你的姓氏 |
[26:45] | I’m sure you’re successful. | 我相信你一定是成功的 |
[26:46] | No, what I mean is, uh… | 不 我是说 呃 |
[26:48] | What you do, your family. | 你过得怎么样 你的家庭 |
[26:52] | Are you married? | 你结婚了吗 |
[26:53] | Kids? | 有孩子吗 |
[26:55] | I guess what I’m asking is, are you happy? | 其实我想问你 你快乐吗 |
[27:02] | Yeah, of course. | 当然 |
[27:03] | No. | 不 |
[27:05] | Not “of course.” | 别说 “当然” |
[27:09] | I’m happy. | 我很快乐 |
[27:12] | Are you? | 你呢 |
[27:15] | Honestly, yeah. Yeah, I am. | 老实说 是的 我很快乐 |
[27:20] | But for me, the whole Avery thing… | 但是对我来说 艾弗里这个姓氏 |
[27:26] | I just couldn’t do it. | 我做不到 |
[27:28] | If it works for you, great. | 如果你能接受 那自然最好 |
[27:31] | For me… | 但是 对我来说 |
[27:34] | The galas, the hand-shaking… it wasn’t my thing. | 晚宴 握手 都不是我心之所向 |
[27:40] | Your thing. | 心之所向? |
[27:43] | But when I found out what was, | 但是当我发现我的追求 |
[27:46] | you couldn’t drag me away, pal. | 我就无法脱身了 伙计 |
[27:50] | From your diner in Montana? | 蒙大纳的餐馆就是你的心之所向吗 |
[27:52] | The night that I met your mother, | 我遇见你母亲的那晚上 |
[27:56] | it was an annual Avery Gala. | 那是一年一度的艾弗里晚宴 |
[28:00] | I was stuffed in a thousand-dollar tux. | 我穿着一千刀的晚礼服 |
[28:02] | She… was the most beautiful woman in the room, | 她是宴会上最美的女人 |
[28:06] | going toe-to-toe with some rich dinosaur | 从头到脚戴满了 |
[28:09] | about God-knows-what. | 各种富丽堂皇的古董首饰 |
[28:11] | And she had a laugh… Oh. | 她脸上带着笑 |
[28:16] | I introduced myself, and she ignored me | 我做了自我介绍 她却无视了我大半个晚上 |
[28:19] | half the night just to spite me. | 就为了使我难堪 |
[28:23] | I was born into that life, but she was born for it. | 被冠此姓非我所愿 而她却为这姓氏量身打造 |
[28:31] | So you took off. | 所以 你选择离开 |
[28:34] | You know your mother. | 你知道你母亲 |
[28:36] | Her expectations are… crushing. | 她的期望值 高的离谱 |
[28:42] | How about you don’t talk about her anymore? | 你能不能不要再谈她了 |
[28:44] | I’m sorry. You’re right. | 抱歉 你是对的 |
[28:46] | She is your mother… | 她是你的母亲… |
[28:47] | That’s true… she is my mother. | 对… 她是我的妈妈 |
[28:52] | And I don’t know you. | 而我不了解你 |
[28:54] | Jackson… | 杰克逊… |
[28:55] | Forget it. | 当我没来过 |
[28:56] | Listen… | 听我说… |
[29:06] | – How’d it go? – Don’t. | – 怎么样 – 别提了 |
[29:08] | – Jackson… – Just don’t ask. | – 杰克逊… – 别再问了 |
[29:27] | We got to come up with something | 我们得想个办法 |
[29:29] | to save this girl’s voice. | 来保住这女孩的声带 |
[29:32] | There’s got to be something, right? | 一定会有办法的 对吗 |
[29:38] | You want to talk about it, what happened with your dad? | 你想谈谈吗 你和你爸的事 |
[29:42] | You know what? Maybe we could do a staged procedure. | 我们也许可以做个分段手术 |
[29:43] | I could excise the tumor now, | 我可以现在切除肿瘤 |
[29:45] | and we could wait on a transplant donor. | 然后可以等待器官移植 |
[29:46] | No, it wouldn’t work. | 这样不行 |
[29:48] | She’d need another course of radiation, | 她这样就要再多做次放疗 |
[29:50] | which would make her a bad surgical candidate. | 做完以后她就没法承受手术了 |
[29:52] | Yeah. | 对 |
[29:55] | Yeah, we talked. | 我们谈过了 |
[29:57] | He talked, really… a lot. | 他说了很多 |
[30:00] | About how hard it was being an Avery | 关于做一个艾弗里家族的人有多累 |
[30:03] | and… surgery and… | 还有… 手术和… |
[30:04] | Temporary stent. | 临时支架 |
[30:06] | Erosion and bleeding, right? | 这会造成伤口溃烂和出血的 不是吗 |
[30:08] | Crap. | 靠 |
[30:10] | He was just so damn polite, and… | 他是那么有礼貌 而且… |
[30:14] | What about, um, the animal studies? | 动物实验怎么样 |
[30:16] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:19] | I just kind of clammed up. | 我只是不知道该说什么 |
[30:21] | I didn’t say anything. | 我什么都没说 |
[30:22] | Really, he was… | 他只是… |
[30:24] | just like… warm? I don’t know… | 看上去… 很热情 我不知道怎么形容 |
[30:27] | He was… happy! | 他很高兴 |
[30:32] | I definitely didn’t picture him, | 真的是万万没想到 |
[30:34] | like, happy without me. | 没了我他还过得这么开心 |
[30:36] | He talked a lot, didn’t say anything about me. | 他说了很多 但是没有提到我 |
[30:41] | Nothing. | 只字未提 |
[30:44] | Talked about Mom’s laugh, his stupid tuxedo, coffee. | 他说了我妈妈的笑容 他的破礼服 咖啡 |
[30:49] | I felt really stupid. | 我感觉我很傻 |
[30:52] | You’re not. | 你不傻 |
[30:53] | Never occurred to me, all that time, that he didn’t even… | 我从来没想过 一直以来 他都没有… |
[31:00] | He really didn’t even miss me. | 他居然一点都没想过我 |
[31:02] | – You don’t know that. – Oh, I do now. | – 你怎么知道 – 我现在知道了 |
[31:05] | I really do. | 真的知道了 |
[31:07] | It didn’t even occur to the guy to pretend otherwise. | 他连样子都懒得装 |
[31:13] | How do you go up to somebody | 我又怎么可能去 |
[31:14] | and tell them what an ass they’ve been | 告诉他 他有多么混蛋呢 |
[31:15] | when they’re just smiling at you, | 他就笑眯眯地看着我 |
[31:16] | talking about chicory coffee? | 讨论着菊苣咖啡 |
[31:19] | I just stood there with my heart in my guts… | 我站在那里 感觉心都沉到内脏里了 |
[31:22] | or, guts in my throat… | 或者说内脏都要从喉咙吐出来了 |
[31:23] | whatever the stupid expression is. | 这话听起来好怪 |
[31:25] | It’s heart in your throat. | 是心都要从喉咙跳出来了 |
[31:27] | No, that’s not it. | 不是这样的 |
[31:28] | Yeah. Yeah, it is. | 就是这样的 |
[31:29] | There’s something about guts… | 关于内脏… |
[31:30] | No, you feel it in your gut, | 不是 是发自五脏六腑的感觉 |
[31:32] | but your heart’s in your throat. | 然后心要从喉咙里跳出来 |
[31:39] | What? | 怎么了 |
[31:40] | That’s it. She needs a valve. | 对了 她需要块喉瓣 |
[31:42] | Right? She needs something… | 对吗 她需要点东西 |
[31:44] | – Okay. – That’s it. | – 好吧 – 就是这样 |
[31:46] | What is? | 就是什么 |
[31:48] | Her guts for her throat. | 用她的肠子代替喉咙 |
[31:51] | Maybe we can use her own guts | 也许我们可以用她自己的肠 |
[31:53] | for her own… throat. | 来代替她自己的… 喉咙 |
[31:54] | – We lost the transplant, okay? – Okay. | – 我们失去了移植的机会 对吗 – 对 |
[31:57] | – We lost the vocal cords. – Yeah. | – 也没有了声带 – 对 |
[31:59] | All right, so, what if… what if we just made her new ones? | 好 那要是… 我们给她造一个呢 |
[32:02] | I mean, what if we just used Caroline’s own intestines | 我是说 我们能不能用卡罗琳自身的肠子 |
[32:05] | to create her a new valve? | 来做个新的喉瓣呢 |
[32:07] | She’s already got an ileo-cecal valve here, right? | 这里就有现成的回盲瓣 对吧 |
[32:09] | I could use her attached appendix, and… | 我可以用上阑尾 然后 |
[32:11] | and I could build a vocal tube. | 用这部分做个声带 |
[32:13] | And she’d be her own donor. | 她就是她自己的移植捐赠人 |
[32:14] | Literally be putting her own guts in her own throat. | 就是把她自己的肠子放进她的喉咙 |
[32:16] | That’s still not the expression, but do you think it’ll work? | 听起来还是怪怪的 但你觉得这方法能行吗 |
[32:18] | No. I mean, maybe. Yeah. | 不 我是说 也许吧 |
[32:20] | Okay. Well, which one you want to go with? | 好 那么 你想做哪个 |
[32:27] | Yeah… I don’t think so. | 好吧 我觉得这样不行啊 |
[32:30] | Well, we’ve examined all the risks. | 我们考虑过了所有潜在风险 |
[32:32] | We feel like the benefits outweigh them. | 我们认为是利大于弊的 |
[32:33] | Yeah, the parents have consented. | 对 孩子的父母都同意了 |
[32:35] | They both want this. | 她们想要这么做 |
[32:36] | It’s never been done before, | 这从来没有做过 |
[32:38] | and if something were to go wrong, or… | 如果出了任何差错 或者… |
[32:40] | Well, that is exactly where the magic happens. | 是的 这就是见证奇迹的时刻 |
[32:43] | – Okay, it’s never been done before. – Mm-hmm. | – 如你所说 这手术前无古人 – 对 |
[32:45] | Until we do it. | 直到现在 |
[32:47] | Like today. Like right here. | 就在今天 就在这家医院 |
[32:48] | Don’t you want to be a part of this magic, Steve? | 史提夫 难道你不想参与奇迹吗 |
[32:51] | Don’t you want a place at the table | 你难道不想在手术中有一席之地吗 |
[32:52] | when we turn that young girl’s stomach | 我们这可是要把那女孩的肠子 |
[32:53] | into an actual throat? | 变成喉咙啊 |
[32:55] | When we make history? | 这可是创造历史呢 |
[32:58] | Well, I-I… | 好吧 我… |
[33:00] | – At the table? – At the table. | – 手术里有我的位子 – 有你的位子 |
[33:04] | At the table. | 有我一席之地 |
[33:05] | I… I-I still don’t know if I can get approval. | 可我还是不知道上面会不会批准 |
[33:08] | Yeah, well, luckily, you don’t have to. | 好吧 幸运的是 你不需要授权 |
[33:10] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[33:11] | It’s my name on the hospital. | 这是我家族的医院 |
[33:12] | As an Avery, I officially grant us | 做为一个艾弗里 我正式批准我们 |
[33:14] | permission to make history… | 一起去 |
[33:16] | together. | 创造历史 |
[33:17] | At the table. | 在手术台上 |
[33:18] | Exactly. | 正是如此 |
[33:20] | She is gonna do great. | 她会好起来的 |
[33:21] | Dr. Kepner and I will be sure to update you | 卡普娜医生和我会尽可能的 |
[33:23] | as soon as we can. | 给你们提供最新消息 |
[33:27] | I am giving you as much love | 我会尽可能地去喜欢你 |
[33:28] | as humanly possible because you’re her doctor… | 因为你是她的医生… |
[33:31] | and I believe in you. | 而我相信你 |
[33:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:37] | You just make sure she comes back alive. You hear me? | 要确保她能活着回来 听见没 |
[33:41] | ♪ They said I’d never be a leader ♪ | ♪ 他们说我永远不会成为一个领导者 ♪ |
[33:44] | ♪ They said i’d never wear a crown ♪ | ♪ 他们说我永远不会戴上王冠 |
[33:47] | ♪ If I wanted to be someone, mm ♪ | ♪ 如果我想变成个大人物 ♪ |
[33:50] | ♪ I should learn to settle down ♪ | ♪ 我应该学会安定下来 ♪ |
[33:52] | ♪ You should know better… ♪ | ♪ 你应有自知之明的… ♪ |
[33:53] | If we were back at home, we’d have | 如果这手术在西雅图做 观摩室里 |
[33:55] | a full gallery, a webcast. | 绝对座无虚席 还会有网络直播 |
[33:57] | I can’t believe nobody’s gonna see this. | 奇迹居然无人观看 |
[33:59] | I’ll see it. | 我会看着的 |
[34:00] | ♪ Don’t know me that well ♪ | ♪ 你根本不了解我 ♪ |
[34:06] | ♪ I made it to the end ♪ | ♪ 我会坚持到底 ♪ |
[34:09] | ♪ I nearly paid the cost ♪ | ♪ 我付出了所有 ♪ |
[34:13] | ♪ I lost a lot of friends ♪ | ♪ 我失去了很多朋友 ♪ |
[34:15] | Ah, Dr. Corridan, join us. | 科里丹医生 来加入我们 |
[34:18] | Good luck, doctors. | 祝好运 医生们 |
[34:20] | ♪ I can’t keep doubting myself anymore ♪ | ♪ 我不能再继续自我怀疑了 ♪ |
[34:21] | Here we go. | 开始吧 |
[34:24] | Scalpel. | 手术刀 |
[34:25] | ♪ No ♪ | ♪ 不再怀疑 ♪ |
[34:28] | ♪ No ♪ | ♪ 不再怀疑 ♪ |
[34:32] | ♪ I can’t keep doubting myself, now ♪ | ♪ 我现在不再自我怀质疑 ♪ |
[34:37] | ♪ Now you’re looking at a leader ♪ | ♪ 现在你看到的就是个领导者 ♪ |
[34:41] | ♪ Now you’re staring at a queen ♪ | ♪ 现在你注视着的就是个女王 ♪ |
[34:43] | ♪ You said I’ll never be someone ♪ | ♪ 你说我永远不会成为大人物 ♪ |
[34:47] | ♪ But now I’m pulling all the strings ♪ | ♪ 但是现在我打碎了质疑 ♪ |
[34:49] | ♪ You should know better ♪ | ♪ 你应该知道的更多 ♪ |
[34:50] | ♪ Won’t let me back down ♪ | ♪ 质疑不会让我后退 ♪ |
[34:52] | ♪ You’ll never go further♪ | ♪ 你永远走不远 ♪ |
[34:54] | ♪ Can’t turn me around ♪ | ♪ 不会让我迷失 ♪ |
[34:55] | ♪ You’ll never be better ♪ | ♪ 你永远不会进步 ♪ |
[34:56] | ♪ So no one’s stopping me now ♪ | ♪ 无人挡我 ♪ |
[35:03] | ♪ I made it to the end ♪ | ♪ 我行至终点 ♪ |
[35:06] | ♪ I nearly paid the cost ♪ | ♪ 倾尽所有 ♪ |
[35:09] | ♪ I lost a lot of friends ♪ | ♪ 失吾挚友 ♪ |
[35:13] | ♪ I sacrificed a lot ♪ | ♪ 牺牲颇多 ♪ |
[35:16] | ♪ I’d do it all again ♪ | ♪ 却依旧向前 ♪ |
[35:19] | ♪ ‘Cause I made it to the top ♪ | ♪ 只为最高峰 ♪ |
[35:21] | ♪ I can’t keep doubting myself anymore ♪ | ♪ 我已胸有成竹 ♪ |
[35:26] | ♪ No ♪ | ♪ 不 ♪ |
[35:27] | This is gonna work, right? | 会成功的吧 |
[35:29] | We did it. | 我们成功了 |
[35:32] | Damn right you did. | 我们真的成功了 |
[35:34] | I am so tired, I could drop. | 我太累了 感觉随时会晕倒 |
[35:37] | And yet I am so awake. | 我很清醒 |
[35:39] | That was… | 手术真的… |
[35:41] | I know. | 我懂 |
[35:43] | ♪ But you don’t know the half ♪ | ♪ 你并不了解我的内心 ♪ |
[35:45] | Oh, don’t even bother. | 别管了 |
[35:47] | They’ll let us know when she’s awake. | 她醒了的话 他们会告诉我们的 |
[35:49] | It’s gonna be a couple hours, anyway. | 还要几个小时呢 |
[35:53] | In that case, um… | 这样的话 |
[35:55] | I’m gonna go sleep. | 那我去睡一会儿 |
[35:57] | Like the dead. | 像死猪一样 |
[35:59] | Yeah. | 好 |
[36:02] | Unless you think we should go | 除非你觉得我们得去 |
[36:03] | check back in on the patient. | 检查下病人 |
[36:05] | No, no, I think you’re right. | 不 你是对的 |
[36:06] | I think we should rest. | 我觉得我们得休息 |
[36:07] | All right, we should… go do that, then. | 好吧 那我们就去睡觉吧 |
[36:10] | Sure. No, great. | 当然 好的 |
[36:11] | That’s a good call. | 真是个好主意 |
[36:12] | Okay. | 好的 |
[36:15] | What? | 咋了 |
[36:16] | I’m just thinking about our track record in hotels. | 我只是在想我们的酒店记录 |
[36:19] | What about it? | 那怎么了 |
[36:20] | ♪ I can’t keep doubting myself anymore ♪ | ♪ 我已胸有成竹 ♪ |
[36:28] | ♪ No ♪ | ♪ 不 ♪ |
[36:33] | ♪ I can’t keep doubting myself, no ♪ | ♪ 我已胸有成竹 ♪ |
[36:53] | I know why my mother sent you. | 我知道为什么我妈让你来了 |
[36:57] | Wanted me to have some backup. | 她想找个人支持我 |
[36:59] | She must’ve figured I was… | 她一定以为我 |
[37:01] | probably gonna see him and knew better | 可能会去见他 她也知道 |
[37:04] | than to try to talk me out of it. | 想说服我是没用的 |
[37:06] | She wanted me here. | 她想让我来的 |
[37:09] | – Just in case. – That is so… | – 只是以防万一 – 那太… |
[37:12] | Catherine. | 凯瑟琳 |
[37:13] | I was gonna say infuriating, but, yeah. | 我是准备说太让人生气了 但也对啦 |
[37:28] | Jackson, I know what a good father is. | 杰克逊 我知道一个好的父亲该是什么样 |
[37:31] | I’ve had one my whole life. | 我就有一个好父亲 |
[37:34] | You are a good father. | 你也是一位好父亲 |
[37:38] | You took us both in. | 你照顾我们母女 |
[37:40] | You took care of her when I couldn’t. | 你在我力不能及的时候照顾了她 |
[37:43] | And you haven’t stopped taking care of either of us since. | 你还一直照顾着我们 |
[37:47] | Even with everything that’s happened between us… | 即使我们之前发生了这么多事 |
[37:51] | you never bailed. | 你从不退缩 |
[37:55] | And he couldn’t do that. | 他就做不到那样 |
[38:02] | You came here to tell him something. | 你来这儿 是因为有话想和他说 |
[38:05] | Don’t leave till you do. | 走之前 把话说出口吧 |
[38:23] | Hey, hey. Sit, sit. I got something for you. | 来 坐 我给你看个东西 |
[38:26] | I can’t stay long. Uh, we’re headed out. | 我不能呆久了 我们要走了 |
[38:28] | I can make you something for the road, if you want. | 如果你想的话 我可以给你做点吃的送行 |
[38:31] | I just came to say goodbye. | 我只是来说再见的 |
[38:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:35] | Listen, I’m really glad you came by. | 我很开心你能来 |
[38:39] | Maybe next time, if you’re… | 要不下次吧 如果你 |
[38:41] | Yeah, I don’t think there’s… gonna be a next time. | 我觉得 不会再有下次了 |
[38:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:51] | – Jackson, listen… – I have a daughter. | – 杰克逊 听着 – 我有个女儿 |
[38:54] | Her name is Harriet. | 她叫哈里特 |
[38:57] | Harriet. | 哈里特 |
[39:01] | Jackson. | 杰克逊 |
[39:02] | Wow. | 哇 |
[39:03] | That is wonderful. | 太棒了 |
[39:06] | I’m a grandfather. | 我当爷爷了 |
[39:08] | No. | 不 |
[39:10] | No, you’re not. | 你不是 |
[39:12] | My mom’s a wonderful grandmother, and… | 我妈这奶奶当的很称职 |
[39:15] | and you seem like a decent guy. | 你看上去很友好 |
[39:17] | But you’re not a grandfather. | 但你不是她爷爷 |
[39:20] | You’re not my father. | 你也不是我父亲 |
[39:22] | And I figure, when you have a kid, | 我想 生了孩子 |
[39:24] | you’re making a promise. | 就等于许下了承诺 |
[39:27] | And I don’t break my promises. | 而我从不食言 |
[39:29] | That’s the real difference between you and me. | 这就是我和你最本质的区别 |
[39:31] | Look, Jackson… | 杰克逊 听我说 |
[39:32] | Take care, Robert. | 保重 罗伯特 |
[39:36] | I’m really glad that I met you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[39:39] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[39:42] | Freezing. | 当机 |
[39:44] | Choking. | 卡壳 |
[39:45] | Getting tongue-tied. | 舌头打结 |
[39:48] | ♪ Did you ever know ♪ | ♪ 你知道 ♪ |
[39:53] | ♪ What it is to be hurt? ♪ | ♪ 受伤的感觉吗 ♪ |
[40:00] | ♪ Did you ever feel ♪ | ♪ 你感受过 ♪ |
[40:03] | There’s a reason it happens. | 大脑死机不是没理由的 |
[40:05] | Take a deep breath now. | 好了 深呼吸一下 |
[40:08] | ♪ Did you ever give up ♪ | ♪ 你有摒弃过 ♪ |
[40:11] | Take your time. | 慢慢来 |
[40:12] | ♪ All your pride ♪ | ♪ 你的尊严吗 ♪ |
[40:15] | Okay. Take your time. | 好的 慢慢来 |
[40:16] | ♪ Just to have him by your side? ♪ | ♪ 只为一人心 ♪ |
[40:25] | I… Ma… | 我 妈 |
[40:30] | Hi… Mama. | 嗨 妈妈 |
[40:32] | ♪ You don’t know nothin’ ♪ | ♪ 你一无所知 ♪ |
[40:35] | ♪ You don’t know nothin’ ♪ | ♪ 你一无所知 ♪ |
[40:37] | ♪ You don’t know ♪ | ♪ 你不知道 ♪ |
[40:39] | ♪ You don’t know nothin’ ♪ | ♪ 你一无所知 ♪ |
[40:41] | We lose our words because the stakes are so high… | 哑口无言 是因为风险太高 |
[40:53] | ♪ When the nighttime comes ♪ | ♪ 夜晚降临时 ♪ |
[40:56] | ♪ And your tears fall like rain ♪ | ♪ 你泪如雨下 ♪ |
[41:00] | – Mommy and Daddy! – …and we have so much to lose. | – 爹地 妈咪 – 而我们输不起 |
[41:03] | And there she is! Thanks, Grandma. | 她在这儿 谢谢 奶奶 |
[41:09] | Everything go okay? | 一切顺利吧 |
[41:10] | Yeah. | 挺顺利的 |
[41:12] | Good. | 那就好 |
[41:13] | Jackson said I could get a ride home? | 杰克逊说可以载我回家 |
[41:15] | – Oh, of course, of course. – Yeah? | – 当然了 没问题 – 是吗 |
[41:17] | Come here, little baby. | 快过来 小宝贝 |
[41:18] | Good girl. | 真乖 |
[41:20] | Hi! | 嗨 |
[41:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:29] | Oh, please, that’s what grandmas are for. | 说什么呢 奶奶就是干这些事的 |
[41:31] | No. | 才不是 |
[41:34] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[41:36] | What? | 什么 |
[41:38] | – What, baby? – Just… | – 怎么了 孩子 – 只是 |
[41:41] | Thank you, Mom. | 妈 谢谢你 |
[41:43] | For everything. | 谢谢你做的一切 |
[41:44] | We’re petrified of saying too much or saying it wrong… | 我们害怕 说多是错 说错是过 |
[41:49] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[41:50] | Let’s go home. | 我们回家吧 |
[41:53] | ♪ You don’t know nothin’ ♪ | ♪ 你一无所知 ♪ |
[41:54] | ♪ You don’t know ♪ | ♪ 你不知道 ♪ |
[41:55] | ♪ You don’t know, you don’t know ♪ | ♪ 你不懂 你不懂 ♪ |
[41:58] | ♪ You don’t know nothin’ ♪ | ♪ 你一无所知 ♪ |
[42:01] | ♪ You don’t know ♪ | ♪ 你不懂 ♪ |
[42:02] | …when the truth is, the only wrong thing you can say… | 事实是 真正错误的 |
[42:07] | ♪ You don’t know nothin’ ♪ | ♪ 你一无所知 ♪ |
[42:09] | …is nothing at all. | 便是缄默不言 |