时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | My mom used to tell me | 我妈妈曾告诉我 |
[00:06] | never to judge people until you know their story. | 如果不知道他人过去 不要妄下定论 |
[00:17] | You might think you understand, | 或许你认为自己理解这句话的含义 |
[00:19] | but you don’t. | 但事实并非如此 |
[00:23] | That’s why, as a patient, | 所以病患需委任代理人 |
[00:26] | it’s important to have an advocate. | 而这个决定很重要 |
[00:33] | Perfect timing. | 来的正好 |
[00:35] | I just finished my last tele-health patient. | 我刚结束远程接诊 |
[00:37] | Oh, I just woke up. | 我刚起床 |
[00:40] | How’d you sleep? | 睡得好吗 |
[00:41] | Would have slept better if you were laying next to me. | 如果你陪着我会更好 |
[00:42] | Someone to tell your story, to be your voice… | 那个人能讲述你的故事 替你发言 |
[00:47] | …to say your name. | 说出你的名字 |
[00:49] | Especially when you don’t have the voice yourself. | 尤其是当你无法发声的时候 |
[00:55] | Her oxygen requirements have come down this much? | 她的供氧需求下降了这么多吗 |
[00:57] | Ah. Cytokine storm’s leveling off, too. | 细胞因子风暴也好转了 |
[01:00] | I mean, look at her CRP, ferritin. | C反应蛋白 铁蛋白 指数都好了 |
[01:03] | That is great. | 太好了 |
[01:04] | Oh, I ordered a repeat chest X-ray | 我安排了再做一次胸部X光 |
[01:06] | to see if the infiltrates are decreasing, too. | 检查肺部浸润情况是否也改善了 |
[01:07] | You talk to her? She feel any better? | 你跟她聊过吗 她感觉好些了吗 |
[01:09] | Just long enough to tell her that we got her into the drug trial. | 只说到我们让她参与药物试验 |
[01:12] | But she’s pretty exhausted. | 但她还是很疲乏 |
[01:13] | Well, it’s probably the side effects. | 也许是副作用 |
[01:15] | And she can sleep all day if these numbers keep improving. | 如果情况持续改善 一直休息都可以 |
[01:18] | Keep me posted. | 有情况通知我 |
[01:21] | Jo? Good morning. | 乔 早上好 |
[01:23] | It’s time to get up. | 得起床了 |
[01:27] | *It’s a brand-new day* | *全新的一天* |
[01:29] | *The sun is out to play* | *阳光高照* |
[01:31] | God, will you shut up? I’m awake. | 天啊 别吵了 我醒了 |
[01:32] | – Oh, okay. Are you going to work? – Yes. | -你要去上班吗 -是的 |
[01:36] | At the regular time or…? | 正常上班时间还是 |
[01:41] | Everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[01:43] | Oh, yeah, everything’s great. | 没事 一切都好 |
[01:45] | I barely get to operate anymore, | 我就没怎么上过手术台 |
[01:47] | and when I do, they don’t even recover enough to go home. | 即使做手术了 病人还没好就得回家 |
[01:50] | Oh, and how could I forget | 怎么能忘记 |
[01:51] | the refrigerator truck full of dead bodies | 从停车场出发 |
[01:55] | that I get to pass on the way from the parking lot | 步行走进医院 |
[01:58] | to the hospital? | 得经过一整冰柜的尸体 |
[02:00] | The only reason I’m still in bed | 我瘫在床上唯一的原因 |
[02:01] | is that I am paralyzed with excitement. | 是因为我实在太兴奋了 |
[02:07] | – So you’re going? – Why do you care? | -所以你是去上班吗 -关你什么事 |
[02:09] | My bike has a flat tire, and you’re my ride. | 我单车轮胎爆了 我要蹭你的车 |
[02:14] | She said the salad I made was too small. | 她说我做的沙拉太少了 |
[02:16] | So I go back and make her a bigger one. | 所以我重新做了大份的 |
[02:19] | She says I must hate her because it’s too big. | 然后她说我肯定是讨厌她 才做这么一大份 |
[02:21] | I just can’t win. | 做什么都错 |
[02:22] | No, she appreciates you, Dad. | 不是 她在乎你的 爸爸 |
[02:24] | It’s not her. It’s the dementia. | 她是因为失智才这样 |
[02:26] | Knowing that doesn’t make it hurt any less. | 即使如此 还是很伤人 |
[02:29] | We’re gonna get through this. | 我们能挺过去 |
[02:30] | We? I only see you on the phone. | 哪来的我们 我只能通过手机看到你 |
[02:32] | And you can’t even bother to hold the thing still. | 你还连手机都握不稳 |
[02:35] | I have a hospital to run. | 我得要管理医院 |
[02:36] | And I didn’t know there’d be a pandemic. | 我也不知道会有疫情发生 |
[02:38] | Ben’s sister gets to stay with you. | 本的妹妹都能跟你在一块 |
[02:40] | To — With the boys. | 是跟孩子在一块 |
[02:42] | Who I don’t see either. | 我也见不到他们 |
[02:44] | Ben’s staying at the station, | 本住在消防站 |
[02:46] | and half the time, I’m too tired to make it to my hotel. | 有一半时间我因为太累 没法回酒店 |
[02:49] | I promise Silver Villas is more comfortable than my office. | 我保证银墅家园比我的办公室更舒服 |
[02:53] | I just hate this. I hate all of it. | 我就是讨厌这些 讨厌这一切 |
[02:56] | It’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[02:57] | Well, COVID’s not big on fair. | 好吧 新冠病毒并不擅长公平 |
[02:59] | Listen, I have to go. | 听着 我得挂了 |
[03:01] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[03:04] | Don’t go outside, Dad, okay? It’s not safe. | 别出去 好吗 爸爸 外面不安全 |
[03:06] | Tell your mom that. She’s the one always trying to leave. | 跟你妈说去 是她总想着出去 |
[03:10] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[03:13] | Dr. Wakeman to Neurology. | 威克曼医生请到神经科 |
[03:15] | Dr. Wakeman to Neurology. | 威克曼医生请到神经科 |
[03:19] | Ah. Good morning, Avery. | 早上好 艾弗里 |
[03:20] | Not really. | 不怎么好 |
[03:21] | You know how many trachs I’ve had to do this week | 你知道我这个星期因为新冠疫情 |
[03:23] | on long-term vent patients ’cause of COVID? | 给多少长期上呼吸机的患者做了气管切开术吗 |
[03:25] | No, but I have a feeling you’re gonna tell me. | 不知道 但我感觉你会告诉我的 |
[03:27] | 11, Richard. | 11个 理查德 |
[03:28] | Gonna be 12 in about an hour, | 再过一个小时就12个了 |
[03:30] | and this number’s gonna keep on going up, | 这个数字还会不断上升 |
[03:32] | which is why I need you to help me with this. | 所以这事我需要你来帮忙 |
[03:34] | Oh, when did your mother go to San Francisco? | 你母亲什么时候到旧金山去了 |
[03:36] | What? No, no. That’s a — That’s a fake video background | 什么 不 不 这是个虚拟的视频背景 |
[03:39] | for when she talks to Harriet. That’s not the point. Look. | 她跟哈莉特聊天时用的 这不是重点 看 |
[03:40] | You want her to change the background? | 你想让她换背景吗 |
[03:42] | I want you to get your wife to wear a damn mask, okay? | 我想让你跟你老婆说把口罩戴上 好吗 |
[03:44] | She’s in a germ-collecting car with her driver with no mask. | 她和司机坐在满是病菌的车上 还不戴口罩 |
[03:47] | She wears masks. | 她戴了口罩 |
[03:49] | On her chin, okay, | 戴在下巴上 好吗 |
[03:50] | or dangling from her ear like a weird piece of jewelry. | 或是挂在一只耳朵上 像一件奇怪的首饰 |
[03:53] | She is living with cancer. She is immunocompromised. | 她得过癌症 她的免疫功能有缺陷 |
[03:56] | I got to get to surgery. | 我得去做手术了 |
[03:57] | Just get her to wear the stupid mask correctly, please. | 请你让她把口罩戴好 行吗 |
[04:00] | Well, you know what it’s like to get your mother to do something! | 你知道要你妈做点什么简直比登天还难 |
[04:02] | Yeah, that’s why I’m calling for reinforcements. | 对 所以我才来找你当救兵 |
[04:08] | Val Ashton, status post right hepatectomy | 瓦尔·阿什顿 右肝切除术后 |
[04:10] | with segments 5 through 8 | 切除了五到八肝段 |
[04:12] | due to bleeding from hepatic pregnancy. | 起因是肝部妊娠导致的出血 |
[04:14] | Her drains were pulled two days ago, | 她的引流管两天前拔掉了 |
[04:15] | but this morning she’s tachy to 120, | 但今早她的心跳加速到了120 |
[04:17] | her BP has decreased, | 血压也下降了 |
[04:18] | and transaminases and bili are both trending upwards. | 转氨酶和胆红素都有上升的趋势 |
[04:20] | She’s kind, giving, successful, | 我很善良 乐于奉献 很有成就 |
[04:22] | enjoys a raunchy romance novel. | 喜欢黄色言情小说 |
[04:25] | Without shame. | 并且不以为耻 |
[04:27] | I need compliments, too, guys. | 我也需要赞美的 各位 |
[04:29] | I’m glad that you’re in good spirits, Val, | 瓦尔 你精神状态很好 我很高兴 |
[04:31] | but, um, your labs are concerning. | 但你的检测结果令人担忧 |
[04:34] | I’m ordering a CT. | 我要安排做个CT |
[04:36] | I carried a baby in my liver. | 我的肝里有个孩子 |
[04:38] | Can’t you make an exception for moms and babies who defy odds? | 你就不能为奇迹妈妈和宝宝破个例吗 |
[04:43] | I-I’m sick of video chats. | 我受够视频聊天了 |
[04:45] | Luna’s gonna think her mom’s a pixelated blob. | 卢娜会觉得她的妈妈就是一堆像素 |
[04:48] | Technically, that’s what you’d look like even in person. | 理论上来说 当面看你也是这个样子 |
[04:50] | Babies can only see about six inches in front — | 婴儿只能看到面前15厘米… |
[04:52] | Schmitt! Not the point. | 施密特 这不是重点 |
[04:55] | Val, I know that it’s not what you wanted to hear, | 瓦尔 我知道你不想听到这个 |
[04:57] | but Luna’s on a vent, and moving her is very precarious. | 但卢娜上了呼吸机 挪动她非常危险 |
[05:01] | Plus, we — we need to make sure that you’re taken care of | 而且 在你见她之前 我们… |
[05:03] | before you meet her. | 我们要保证你万无一失 |
[05:04] | For Luna’s sake and for yours. | 为了卢娜好 也为了你好 |
[05:06] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[05:12] | Do we know if he’s okay? | 他还好吗 |
[05:13] | Not sure. This is him. | 不知道 这就是他了 |
[05:16] | You’re not listening — | 你没听我说话 |
[05:17] | I have to be at home. I don’t want to miss it — | 我必须待在家里 我不想错过… |
[05:18] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[05:20] | Okay, we have a COVID-positive male, | 好了 我们有一位确诊新冠的男性 |
[05:21] | heart rate 123, BP 90 over 60. | 心率123 血压90/60 |
[05:23] | Pulse ox of 92 on 100%, high flow. | 血氧饱和度在高流量纯氧下是92 |
[05:26] | He’s incoherent and disoriented. | 他语无伦次 迷失方向 |
[05:28] | I just saw him two days ago. He was fine. | 我两天前才见过他 他那时还很正常 |
[05:30] | Is this a stroke? | 会是中风吗 |
[05:31] | Could be. Or encephalitis brought on by COVID. | 可能是 或者是由新冠引起的脑炎 |
[05:33] | I have tickets to Opening Day, | 我有开幕日的票 |
[05:34] | and David’s dying to catch a fly ball. | 戴维非常想接到高飞球 |
[05:36] | – Who’s David? – His son. | -谁是戴维 -他的儿子 |
[05:37] | Let’s get him to a COVID room now. | 我们推他去新冠病房 |
[05:39] | Hang on. He’s seizing. | 等等 他抽搐了 |
[05:42] | Let’s get him on his side. | 把他身子侧躺到这边 |
[05:43] | Ready? 1, 2, 3. | 准备 一 二 三 |
[05:52] | No signs of head trauma, but, Helm, call up to CT, | 没有头部受伤的迹象 但是赫尔姆通知CT科 |
[05:54] | let them know we’ll be up as soon as possible. | 告诉他们我们会尽快上去 |
[05:56] | We’ll do it. Helm, out. | 我们来做 赫尔姆 出去 |
[05:58] | But I’ve already had COVID — | 但我已经感染过新冠了 |
[05:59] | Doesn’t matter. | 这不重要 |
[06:00] | You’re a resident, and he’s positive. Out. Now. | 你是住院医师 他已经确诊 马上出去 |
[06:03] | Get off me. Stay back. | 放开我 退后 |
[06:04] | Tom. Tom, it’s me. It’s Teddy. Try to stay calm. | 汤姆 汤姆 是我 泰迪 尽量保持冷静 |
[06:06] | I — Don’t — Don’t touch me. | 我 不 不要碰我 |
[06:08] | – Tom? – Take it easy. We’re just trying to take care of you. | -汤姆 -放松 我们只是想照顾你 |
[06:10] | – Push two of Ativan. – No, I don’t — I don’t know you. | -注射两单位劳拉西泮 -不 我不认识你 |
[06:12] | – I don’t know you! – He’s post-ictal. | -我不认识你 -他处于癫痫发作后状态 |
[06:13] | No, I don’t — I don’t know you. | 不 我不 我不认识你 |
[06:13] | Just wait a minute, and the meds will kick in. | 等一等 药物就会起作用了 |
[06:18] | Teddy, I got this, okay? | 泰迪 我来就行了 好吗 |
[06:20] | Please, call up to CT. | 通知CT科吧 |
[06:25] | Okay. | 好了 |
[06:28] | Hey, Angel. | 我的天使 |
[06:30] | I’d be there with you, but the mean doctors say no. | 我想陪着你 但是这些刻薄医生不准 |
[06:33] | Can you say “Mean”? | 你能说”刻薄”吗 |
[06:35] | Can you hold the phone close enough for me to smell her head? | 你能把电话拿近一点让我闻到她的头吗 |
[06:39] | How about I bring you one of her blankets? | 不如我拿一张她的毯子给你 |
[06:41] | Ah! I will literally marry you. | 我真的要嫁给你 |
[06:44] | Val. | 瓦尔 |
[06:46] | Crap. That is your bad-news face. | 糟了 只要是坏消息你就是这表情 |
[06:49] | Your CT showed that you have an abscess | 你的CT显示你有一个囊肿 |
[06:52] | that’s eroding into an artery in your liver, | 正在侵蚀你肝脏的动脉 |
[06:54] | causing what’s called a pseudoaneurysm. | 导致了所谓的假动脉瘤 |
[06:57] | Okay. | 然后呢 |
[06:58] | It’s a weakening of the blood vessel, | 这是血管弱化 |
[06:59] | which is causing it to leak. | 导致了血管泄漏 |
[07:01] | We need to take you to surgery right away to repair it. | 我们需要马上给你做手术修复 |
[07:03] | I am so sorry that it’s not better news. | 我很抱歉没有更好的消息 |
[07:10] | Leave. | 出去 |
[07:16] | Eight years. | 八年了 |
[07:19] | I’ve wanted to be a mom for eight years. | 我八年前就想当妈妈了 |
[07:23] | I’ve known my baby’s name. | 我想好了宝宝的名字 |
[07:26] | I’ve known the color I would paint the nursery. | 我想好了育儿室要涂成什么颜色 |
[07:29] | I’ve known the made-up lullaby I would sing at night. | 我想好了在晚上唱的自创摇篮曲 |
[07:33] | And now that I finally have the chance… | 而现在我终于有机会了 |
[07:36] | being a mom is just some weird TV show | 当母亲就只是我在手机上看的 |
[07:38] | I’m watching on my phone, | 一些奇怪的电视节目 |
[07:41] | and I don’t know if it will ever be real. | 我不知道这个梦是否会成真 |
[07:46] | Please make it real. | 求你让它成真吧 |
[07:52] | Have you heard about Koracick? | 你听说卡洛西科的事了吗 |
[07:54] | Yes. He’s getting the world’s best care, | 听说了 他正在接受世界一流的治疗 |
[07:56] | and I’m trying not to think about it. | 我正努力不去想他的事 |
[07:57] | So, can you wait that long for the converted rooms? | 所以 改造病房建好的时长你能接受吗 |
[08:01] | Is sooner an option? | 还能更快建好吗 |
[08:02] | See, even with the lockdown, we are getting slammed. | 即使现在封城了 我们病患满员 |
[08:04] | We got six cases today from assisted-living facilities, | 我们今天从养老院接了六例患者来 |
[08:07] | – three from the same one. – I’ll go check. | -有三个是同一间来的 -我会去看看 |
[08:09] | – Oh, which one? – Silver Villas in Ballard. | -是哪一间 -在巴拉德的银墅家园 |
[08:12] | COVID spreads through those places like wildfire. | 新冠在那些地方简直如野火横行 |
[08:14] | Where are you going?! | 你要去哪 |
[08:15] | Uh, that’s where my parents are. | 那间是我爸妈住的养老院 |
[08:17] | Next. | 下一个 |
[08:18] | – A rescue mission? – Yes. | -一个救援任务 -是的 |
[08:20] | Just stop what you’re doing and get to Silver Villas. | 停下你手上在做的事然后到银墅家园去 |
[08:22] | To grab your mom and dad? | 去接你爸妈吗 |
[08:23] | I’ve been trying to call the front office, | 我刚在给他们接待处打电话 |
[08:25] | but they’re not answering. | 但没有人接 |
[08:26] | Well, where do you want me to take them? | 你想让我把他们接到哪里去 |
[08:27] | Uh, to my hotel. | 接到我住的酒店里去 |
[08:28] | Y– Uh, I don’t care. Just get them out. | 随便哪里 只要把他们接出来就行 |
[08:30] | Yeah, I’m on it. I love you. | 好的 马上去 爱你 |
[08:39] | – Okay, lap pads — – Here you go. | -纱垫 -给你 |
[08:42] | Khan was an attending in Pakistan. | 汉在巴基斯坦是个主治医师 |
[08:44] | We could probably be assisting him. | 我们也许得给他做助手 |
[08:45] | Not gonna happen. | 门都没有 |
[08:47] | No, I know. I just — making a point. | 当然 我知道 我只是 这么一说 |
[08:49] | Suction. | 抽吸 |
[08:50] | You were a vascular surgeon, right? | 你是个血管外科医生 对吗 |
[08:52] | Yes, Dr. Schmitt, | 是的 施密特医生 |
[08:53] | one of the first to be certified in my country. | 我们国家最早的血管外科医生之一 |
[08:55] | Why would you leave? | 你为何要离开祖国 |
[08:56] | Okay, Kelly clamp. | 给我弯钳 |
[08:57] | Uh, it wasn’t exactly a choice. | 严格来说我没得选 |
[08:59] | I love my home, it shaped me. | 我爱的我祖国 那里造就了我 |
[09:01] | Still nice not to worry about religious persecution or bombings. | 但不用担心宗教迫害和炸弹袭击就更好 |
[09:04] | – So I just started over. – Clamp. | -所以我就重新开始了 -止血钳 |
[09:06] | Just? It’s a five-year residency. | 说得轻巧 住院医师培训要整整五年 |
[09:09] | If I finished this and had to start over — | 如果我结束了这五年却要重新来过 |
[09:11] | Ugh. Pass. Can you imagine? | 别搞我 你能想象吗 |
[09:13] | Can you imagine paying more attention to the field | 你能想象把精力集中在看术野上 |
[09:14] | so the patient doesn’t die? | 好不让这个患者死掉吗 |
[09:16] | Damn it. Her tissue’s so friable | 要命 她的组织太脆弱了 |
[09:18] | it’s just disintegrating into my hands. | 直接在我手中解体了 |
[09:20] | – We got to get control of — – I know what we need to do! | -我们需要控制住 -我知道我们需要做什么 |
[09:22] | Everyone shift. We’re doing a modified pringle maneuver. | 全员换位 我们来做个改良式肝门阻断术 |
[09:24] | Clamp. | 止血钳 |
[09:31] | Okay, thank you. | 好的 谢谢你 |
[09:32] | Hey. Your phone has been ringing like crazy. | 你的电话一直在响 |
[09:41] | Uh, okay. Let’s just, uh… | 那就先 |
[09:44] | – I tried to call you. – Ben, how did it — | -我一直在给你打电话 -本 事情如 |
[09:45] | – I picked up your mom, and she’s sick. – Wait, slow down. I ca– | -我接上你妈了 她病了 -等等 慢点 我听不 |
[09:48] | – We’re at the hospital. – Now?! | -我们在医院了 -现在吗 |
[09:50] | Right now. | 是的 |
[09:52] | Mom! | 妈 |
[09:59] | Mom? | 妈 |
[10:00] | Hey, it’s me. | 是我 |
[10:02] | I’m here. | 我在 |
[10:09] | Where — Where — Where’s William? | 在哪 在哪 威廉在哪里 |
[10:11] | Mom, you’re in the hospital. | 妈 你现在在医院 |
[10:12] | We’re gonna take care of you. | 我们会照顾好你的 |
[10:14] | He’s gonna be here soon, right? | 他马上就来 是吗 |
[10:15] | – Okay. – Yes, yes. He’s coming soon. | -好吧 -是的 他马上就来 |
[10:18] | Okay. Just lay back and relax. | 先躺下放松 |
[10:20] | I can’t wear this. I got to get my clothes. | 我不穿这个 我得穿我自己的衣服 |
[10:23] | Where my clothes? | 我自己的衣服在哪 |
[10:24] | Okay. She seems really agitated. | 好吧 她看起来很激动 |
[10:26] | Are there any meds we can give her to calm her? | 我们可以给她开点镇定药物吗 |
[10:27] | I can order some meds? | 我可以开点药 |
[10:31] | *I got sunshine* | *我心中充满阳光* |
[10:35] | *On a cloudy day* | *即使天空乌云密布* |
[10:40] | *- When it’s cold outside – Cold outside* | *-哪怕窗外是冰天雪地 -窗外* |
[10:45] | *- I got the month of May – I got the month of May* | *-我仍像五月和煦的风 -我仍像五月和煦的风* |
[10:48] | Yeah. | 对 |
[10:50] | *- I guess you’d say – I guess you’d say * | *-我猜你会问 -我猜你会问* |
[10:56] | *What can make me feel this way* | *到底是什么让你感觉如此富有* |
[11:02] | *- My girl – My girl* | *-我的女孩 -我的女孩* |
[11:06] | *My girl* | *我的女孩* |
[11:07] | *Talking ’bout* | *这是因为* |
[11:10] | *- My girl – My girl* | *-我的女孩 -我的女孩* |
[11:14] | *- My girl – My girl* | *-我的女孩 -我的女孩* |
[11:20] | What do you see, Shepherd? | 谢博德 你看到了什么 |
[11:21] | Uh, I see a lesion on his thalamus, | 我看到他的丘脑有一处病灶 |
[11:23] | but it’s small, so that’s something. | 但是病灶很小 这还算不错 |
[11:25] | Have you been able to talk to him since the seizure? | 他癫痫发作之后 你跟他聊过吗 |
[11:27] | He was post-ictal, and they gave him lorazepam, | 他处于癫痫发作后状态 被上了安定 |
[11:30] | so he wasn’t really coherent. | 因此他并不清醒 |
[11:31] | Okay. I’m coming in. | 好的 我要去医院了 |
[11:34] | Are-are you sure? I mean, do you want me to call Dr. Mehta? | 你确定吗 需要我去叫梅塔医生吗 |
[11:36] | It’s Tom. I’m coming. | 生病的是汤姆 我立刻就到 |
[11:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:41] | Ellis decided she didn’t want her mac and cheese | 爱丽丝求我做了芝士通心粉之后 |
[11:43] | after begging me to make it, so if you’re hungry — | 又不想吃了 所以如果你饿了 |
[11:47] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[11:49] | It looks like Tom is having some neuro complications from COVID. | 汤姆好像得了新冠肺炎引起的脑部并发症 |
[11:52] | – I thought he was asymptomatic. – Yeah, so did I. | -我以为他是无症状感染者 -我也以为 |
[11:54] | I just pumped, so there is milk in the fridge for Scout. | 我刚吸过奶了 所以冰箱里有斯考特的奶 |
[11:57] | Uh, Bailey and Ellis need a nap. | 贝利和爱丽丝需要小睡一会儿 |
[11:59] | Make sure you check in with Zola about her homework. | 记得检查佐拉的作业 |
[12:01] | If Scout starts to fuss, just try the yoga ball. | 如果斯考特开始闹脾气 就试试瑜伽球 |
[12:05] | What am I forgetting? | 我还忘了什么吗 |
[12:06] | To breathe. | 呼吸 |
[12:08] | We’ll be fine here, okay? | 我们没事的 |
[12:09] | Go. Save your friend. | 去救你的朋友吧 |
[12:13] | He was my teacher. | 他是我的老师 |
[12:15] | And he saved my brain. | 为我做了脑部手术 |
[12:16] | And, uh, he was my first sex after Owen, | 也是我和欧文分手后第一个和我上床的人 |
[12:18] | which shouldn’t matter, but it kind of saved me, too, | 虽然没什么关联 但他也算是救了我 |
[12:20] | so I don’t want him to die. | 因此我不希望他死掉 |
[12:23] | And I don’t want to leave Scout, and I’m scared of the pandemic. | 我也不想离开斯考特 我还害怕疫情 |
[12:27] | You had sex with Koracick? | 你和卡洛西科上过床 |
[12:29] | What? | 什么 |
[12:39] | Mr. Anderson’s trach in 4722 | 4722床的安德森先生 |
[12:41] | – needs to be suctioned, please. – I’m on it. | -需要吸痰了 -我这就去 |
[12:42] | Hey, got your page. Did you hear anything from Mom? | 收到你的呼叫了 妈妈那里有消息了吗 |
[12:44] | She’s just texting me back hearts and “Love you, baby”S | 她给我发了一个爱心和”爱你 宝贝” |
[12:46] | like that’s gonna shut me up. | 她以为这就可以让我闭嘴 |
[12:48] | – No, I haven’t had the time. – Richard, this is not something | -我没时间 -理查德 这不是那种 |
[12:50] | that can wait till your schedule frees up, right? | 等到你有空再谈的事情 |
[12:52] | It’s my mom. She’s gonna give me a damn rage stroke. | 那是我的母亲 她要把我气死了 |
[12:54] | Bailey’s mother was just admitted, COVID-positive. | 贝利的母亲刚被收入院了 新冠阳性 |
[12:57] | It’s bad. | 很严重 |
[12:59] | Look, can you fill in for her at the board meeting today, | 你可以替她参加今天的董事会吗 |
[13:01] | take a few of her patients? | 接手几个她的病人 |
[13:03] | We’ll all pitch in. | 我们都要帮忙 |
[13:05] | Yeah, of course. Whatever she needs. | 没问题 什么都行 |
[13:10] | We took a lot more of her liver than I was hoping to. | 我们拿掉了比预想中多得多的肝脏 |
[13:14] | Keep an eye on her liver panel. | 盯着她的肝脏状况 |
[13:15] | The next few hours will be crucial. | 之后的几小时非常关键 |
[13:16] | You think she’ll need a transplant? | 你觉得她需要移植吗 |
[13:18] | Knowing her luck, probably. | 就她的运气来讲 很有可能 |
[13:20] | But if she needs it, we can try liver dialysis first. | 如果是真的 我们可以先试试肝透析 |
[13:24] | Khan, finish the op notes. Keep an eye on her. | 汉 写完手术记录盯着她 |
[13:27] | Dr. Wilson, thank you for allowing me to observe your process. | 威尔逊医生 谢谢你让我观摩你的手术 |
[13:29] | That was amazing. | 简直太棒了 |
[13:31] | She could still need a transplant. | 她很有可能还是要移植 |
[13:33] | Yes, I understand, but you resected most of her liver, | 我知道 但你切了她大部分的肝脏 |
[13:35] | and she’s still alive. | 可她还活着 |
[13:37] | I mean, do you know how rare that is? | 你知道这有多罕见吗 |
[13:38] | That — That’s unheard of in so many parts of the world. | 这在世界上很多地方听都没听过 |
[13:41] | I know. Op notes. I’m going. | 我知道 手术记录 这就走 |
[13:47] | Was I really amazing, or is he just some weird happy person? | 是我真的棒 还是他在盲目乐观 |
[13:50] | If you impressed him, I think amazing’s a safe bet. | 能让他称赞 我觉得应该是你真的棒 |
[13:56] | Glad you got to operate again. | 很高兴你又做上手术了 |
[14:03] | Her ferritin is 2087. | 她的铁蛋白值是2087 |
[14:05] | 600 is severe in COVID. | 就新冠来说600已经很严重了 |
[14:08] | Her CRP is 87. | 她的C-反应蛋白值是87 |
[14:11] | Creatinine’s 2.3. | 肌酸酐值是2.3 |
[14:13] | W-What about her oxygen requirements? | 她的输氧量是什么情况 |
[14:17] | She’s at 100% F-I-O2. | 给她用了40升 |
[14:20] | 40 liters. | 浓度100%的氧气 |
[14:22] | She went into A-fib an hour ago. | 一小时前出现了一次房震 |
[14:24] | We pushed Dig, but so far, no response. | 给她打了地高辛 目前还没什么效果 |
[14:29] | Her systolic was in the 80s, but we pushed a fluid bolus | 她的收缩压在80多 给她输了液 |
[14:31] | and got it back up into the 90s. | 现在回到90多了 |
[14:34] | So she’s starting to have multi-system organ failure | 所以她的器官已经开始衰竭 |
[14:39] | in addition to her cytokine storm. | 细胞因子风暴也开始了 |
[14:41] | I’m sorry, Bailey. | 很遗憾 贝利 |
[14:45] | There is still more we can do. | 我们还能再试试其他办法 |
[14:47] | We can take her to the ICU, intubate — | 我们带她到重症监护室 给她插管 |
[14:50] | She didn’t want to be on machines. | 她不同意上机器 |
[14:52] | Or be kept alive with medication. | 也不同意用药物维持生命 |
[15:01] | I got to call my dad. | 我得给我爸打电话了 |
[15:06] | I’m here if you need me. | 需要我的话 随时来找我 |
[15:10] | H-How — How do I tell my dad | 我怎么跟我爸爸说 |
[15:12] | that the love of his life | 他此生挚爱的妻子 |
[15:17] | won’t make it through the night? | 挺不过今晚了 |
[15:33] | Neuro exam’s intact. No deficits. | 神经检查结果出来了 没有损伤 |
[15:35] | He asked for his son. | 他要求见他儿子 |
[15:37] | I think the seizure and delirium are secondary to hypoxemia | 我觉得癫痫和发狂是低氧血症 |
[15:41] | and inflammation from COVID | 和新冠肺炎的并发症引起的 |
[15:43] | possible early sepsis. | 可能是败血症的早期症状 |
[15:45] | Let’s just watch him and, uh, see how he responds to treatment. | 还是先观察一下他的治疗反应再说吧 |
[15:48] | – Okay. – Oh, hey, Shepherd. Didn’t realize you were back. | -好的 -谢博德 什么时候回来的 |
[15:50] | Welcome to…hell. | 欢迎来到…地狱 |
[15:52] | Just consulting on Koracick. | 我是来给卡洛西科会诊的 |
[15:53] | Oh, right, ’cause he needs somebody to cover his service. | 没错 他需要有人替他代班 |
[15:55] | On him, not — uh, not for him. | 治他 不是替他代班 |
[15:57] | Sats dropped, he’s got a fever of 103, | 他的血压下降了 高烧39.4度 |
[16:00] | and he seized when they brought him in. | 推进来的时候都癫痫了 |
[16:02] | Well, I hate everything. | 我讨厌这一切 |
[16:04] | Dr. Cade to the ICU. | 凯德医生请到重症监护室 |
[16:05] | Emma Cade to the ICU. | 艾玛·凯德请到重症监护室 |
[16:08] | I was wondering if you get used to this, | 我本来想问问你们有没有习惯这些 |
[16:09] | but I’m guessing that’s my answer. | 看来不用问了 |
[16:11] | How’s the baby? | 宝宝怎么样 |
[16:14] | Yeah, uh, well, he won’t let me sleep, | 他不让我睡觉 |
[16:15] | but other than that, um, yeah, I can’t wait to get back to him. | 除此之外 我等不及回去见他了 |
[16:18] | Leo and Allison are with Owen’s mom. | 利奥和艾莉森住在欧文妈妈那里 |
[16:20] | I’m just — I miss them like crazy, | 我都要想死他们了 |
[16:21] | but with both parents treating COVID patients, | 但我们俩都在新冠疫情前线 |
[16:24] | it just — it doesn’t seem safe. | 只是 感觉不安全 |
[16:28] | So, um, guess you heard what happened. | 我想你听说发生什么了 |
[16:31] | Yeah. And I have feelings. | 对 我也有想法 |
[16:34] | But I’ve also done more hurtful and complicated things | 但我也做过很多伤人的复杂的事情 |
[16:37] | in my life than anyone I’ve met outside an NA meeting, so — | 比我在戒酒会外遇到的任何人都多 |
[16:41] | some of them to Owen. | 有些是对欧文 |
[16:43] | Owen won’t say a word to me | 欧文都不愿跟我说话 |
[16:44] | that doesn’t have to do with the kids, | 除非与孩子们有关 |
[16:45] | and everyone is ignoring me | 每个人都无视我 |
[16:48] | or treating me like I’m wearing a scarlet letter. | 或者把我当成通奸犯来对待 |
[16:51] | What about Tom? | 汤姆呢 |
[16:53] | He’s hurt, too. | 他也受伤了 |
[16:56] | Well, um, I’ll keep checking on him. | 我会继续关注他的情况 |
[16:59] | And, uh, thank you for getting Mer into the trial. | 谢谢你帮梅进入那个试验 |
[17:02] | Oh, yeah, uh, of course. | 客气了 当然 |
[17:09] | Hi, Grey. | 格蕾 |
[17:12] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[17:14] | I’m gonna say it. | 我打算说了 |
[17:16] | I miss you. | 我想你了 |
[17:27] | When I was a kid, I had big thoughts. | 当我还是个孩子的时候 我有很多想法 |
[17:32] | Big feelings. | 很多感受 |
[17:34] | And I never knew where to put them. | 而我从来不知道该把它们放在哪里 |
[17:36] | Physically, they ran through my body like a high-speed train. | 它们就像高速列车一样穿过我的身体 |
[17:42] | And anytime I felt the train coming, | 每当我感觉到火车要来了 |
[17:45] | my mom could see it. | 我妈妈会发现 |
[17:48] | So she took me around the corner to the park | 于是她带我去了附近的公园 |
[17:51] | with this strange, twisted tree. | 那里有棵奇怪 扭曲的树 |
[17:56] | Said it was my tree. | 说它是我的树 |
[17:58] | And I could scream at it, hit it, hold it — | 我可以对着它大喊大叫 打它 抱它 |
[18:02] | and it would make the feelings small enough | 它会使我的感觉变得足够小 |
[18:03] | that they would fit back inside of my own body again. | 小到可以重新装回我自己的身体里 |
[18:08] | So I did. | 所以我这么做了 |
[18:12] | And it worked. | 而且很有效 |
[18:14] | But now I’m an adult, and tree-hitting is… | 但我现在是个成年人了 打树很… |
[18:19] | frowned upon. | 令人讨厌 |
[18:21] | I can be your tree. | 我可以当你的树 |
[18:24] | My mother has Alzheimer’s. | 我母亲患有阿兹海默症 |
[18:28] | I never told you | 我从没跟你说过 |
[18:31] | because she’s older, | 因为她年纪更大 |
[18:35] | and I didn’t want to bring up any old pain | 而我也不愿让你和理查德 |
[18:38] | for your or Richard. | 想起旧的伤痛 |
[18:41] | But it would be a lie to say that | 但如果说不辛苦 |
[18:45] | it hasn’t been hard. Or painful. | 不痛苦 那是假的 |
[18:50] | Even as a doctor who knows about the disease, | 即使作为一个了解这种疾病的医生 |
[18:54] | I feel like… | 我感觉像是 |
[18:58] | I didn’t know crap. | 我什么也不懂 |
[18:59] | …like I don’t know anything. | 像是我什么都不懂 |
[19:03] | It’s difficult to talk about it with someone | 很难跟一个没有遇到过 |
[19:06] | who hasn’t been there, been through it. | 经历过的人谈论这个 |
[19:13] | No one understands that you are | 没人能理解你眼睁睁地 |
[19:15] | watching your own mother die… | 看着自己母亲死去的痛苦 |
[19:19] | twice. | 两次 |
[19:22] | I’m so sorry, Bailey. | 我很遗憾 贝利 |
[19:25] | I wish you were awake. | 我希望你醒着 |
[19:38] | Val’s still not awake. LFTs are up slightly. | 瓦尔还没醒 肝功能略有升高 |
[19:39] | Okay. Do another panel in a few hours. | 几小时后再做一组肝功能检查 |
[19:41] | Absolutely, Dr. Wilson. | 好的 威尔逊医生 |
[19:43] | Okay, has your attitude always been this good? | 你的态度一直都这么积极向上吗 |
[19:47] | My mom used to say every day above ground is a good day. | 我妈妈常说活着的每一天都是美好的 |
[19:50] | Did she get that from “Scarface”? | 她是从《疤面煞星》里学来的吗 |
[19:52] | She did. Still, it’s true. | 是的 不过这是事实 |
[19:59] | You! You’re a doctor, right? | 你 你是个医生 对吧 |
[20:01] | – Yeah. – Great, follow me. | -对 -太好了 跟我来 |
[20:03] | – We’re delivering a baby. – Oh, no, no, no, no, no. | -我们在接生 -不不不不不 |
[20:05] | – I’m not an OB, I’m a general surgeon. – I don’t care. | -我不是产科 是普外的 -我不管 |
[20:07] | We have an imminent delivery, and all our OBs are busy. | 孩子马上就要出生了 可产科医生都腾不出手来 |
[20:09] | Hospital rules say we need a doctor. | 医院规定必须有一名医生在场 |
[20:10] | I haven’t delivered a baby… | 可我从来没给人接生过… |
[20:12] | You heard the “I don’t care” part, right? | 我不是说了”我不管”吗 |
[20:14] | We’ll talk you through it. | 我们会告诉你该怎么做的 |
[20:15] | – The Elmores. – Okay. | -这是埃尔莫夫妇 -好 |
[20:16] | G3P2 came in fully effaced and dilated | 第三胎 宫颈管消失 宫颈扩张 |
[20:18] | at zero station. | 胎儿头部与坐骨棘齐平 |
[20:19] | Started crowning by the time we got her settled on the bed. | 她上手术床之后 胎头已经着冠了 |
[20:22] | Ms. Elmore? Hi. I know that I’m not who you expected, | 埃尔莫太太 你好 我知道本不该是我来 |
[20:25] | – but I am here… – The head is coming now. | -但我过来… -头要出来了 |
[20:29] | Okay. Okay. | 好了 放松 |
[20:32] | Alright. Contraction and big push, okay? Big push. | 好了 宫缩后用力 好吗 用力 |
[20:39] | Okay. Contraction and push. | 好 宫缩后用力 |
[20:43] | The head is out. There… No cord around the neck. | 脑袋出来了 颈部没有被缠住 |
[20:46] | See? Just like riding a bike. | 看吧 和骑自行车一样 |
[20:48] | Alright, uh… | 好… |
[20:50] | Pull head down, then up, to deliver the shoulders. | 把头部向下拉 再向上 让肩部也出来 |
[20:52] | Okay, it’s coming. | 好 要出来了 |
[20:54] | Coming. | 要出来了 |
[20:56] | Oh, my God. Oh, my God. | 老天 老天 |
[20:58] | Ms. Elmore asked that the baby go directly onto her chest | 埃尔莫太太想在还没剪脐带的时候 |
[21:01] | while still connected. | 把孩子抱到她胸前 |
[21:02] | Okay, clamp. | 好 钳子 |
[21:04] | Okay. Oh, my gosh. Okay. | 好 老天 好 |
[21:10] | Okay. | 好 |
[21:13] | You ready to cut the cord? | 准备好剪脐带了吗 |
[21:16] | Hi. Okay, right here. | 你好 好 在这里 |
[21:18] | Okay, yeah. In between here. | 对 在这之间 |
[21:20] | In between, yeah. | 在这之间 对 |
[21:22] | Good. Hi, little one! | 很好 你好 小朋友 |
[21:57] | Just need you to sign the paperwork, and you can go. | 你签完文件就可以走了 |
[21:59] | Is it alright if I stay? | 我可以留下来吗 |
[22:07] | Mommy? | 妈 |
[22:09] | Hey, it’s me. | 是我 |
[22:11] | Look, Dad’s here, too. | 爸也来了 |
[22:13] | Hi, honey. I’m here. | 宝贝 我在这 |
[22:16] | Wait till you see Miranda’s hotel. | 你得看看玛兰达的酒店 |
[22:18] | I mean, there’s room service, | 这有客房服务 |
[22:20] | and the view is so much better than Silver Villas. | 窗外的景色比银墅家园好多了 |
[22:23] | You can actually s-see the water. | 在这能看到海 |
[22:26] | William? | 威廉 |
[22:28] | Is that you, William? | 是你吗 威廉 |
[22:30] | Right here by your side, as always. | 我就在你旁边呢 一如既往 |
[22:32] | I love you. I love you so much. | 我爱你 非常爱你 |
[22:36] | Sweetheart? | 宝贝 |
[22:39] | She drifts in and out, Dad. | 她时睡时醒 爸 |
[22:43] | In her state, even breathing’s exhausting. | 以她的状况 连呼吸都很费劲 |
[22:46] | I can’t do this. | 我受不了这个 |
[22:48] | I know. | 我知道 |
[22:50] | It’s difficult. | 这太难了 |
[22:51] | I should be there. | 我应该在那里陪她 |
[22:53] | It’s too risky, Dad. | 那样风险太高了 爸 |
[22:54] | She should be in her own bed, not in some sterile box. | 她应该躺在自己的床上 而不是在什么无菌室里 |
[22:58] | She spent 60 years taking care of me, and now… | 她照顾了我60年 可现在… |
[23:04] | She hardly ever got a cold before this. | 在这之前她都没怎么得过感冒 |
[23:08] | Just call me when she wakes up. | 她醒了就叫我 |
[23:13] | Of course, Dad. | 没问题 爸 |
[23:24] | Okay. | 好了 |
[23:36] | Mommy. | 妈 |
[23:39] | If you’re ready to go, | 如果你准备好要走了 |
[23:41] | it’s okay. | 没关系 |
[23:42] | We’re gonna be okay. | 我们都会没事的 |
[23:47] | We love you. | 我们爱你 |
[23:50] | But we don’t want you to suffer. | 但我们不想让你受苦 |
[23:54] | I’m not r-ready. | 我还没准备好 |
[23:59] | If you’re tired, I understand. | 如果你累了 我能理解 |
[24:03] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[24:06] | Ready to die? | 准备死去吗 |
[24:09] | No. | 不 |
[24:12] | I-I want to go home. | 我想回家 |
[24:25] | Hey, you’ve reached Ben Warren. Please leave a message. | 这是本·沃伦 请留言 |
[24:27] | Yeah, I — Ben? Um, it’s my mom. | 本 是我妈妈的事 |
[24:30] | I think she was just lucid with me, | 我感觉她刚刚突然清醒了 |
[24:33] | and she said some things that I don’t understand, | 她说了一些我不能理解的话 |
[24:36] | and now I-I don’t know what do, | 现在我不知道怎么办 |
[24:38] | and I need someone to tell me what to do. | 我需要别人告诉我怎么做 |
[24:40] | Just, uh, call me as soon as you can. | 你一有时间就给我打电话 |
[24:45] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[24:51] | I saw you leave. I wanted to check. | 我看到你离开了 我想关心一下你 |
[24:55] | She said she’s not ready to go. | 她说她还没准备好离开人世 |
[24:57] | For a split second, | 有一秒钟 |
[24:59] | my heart was filled up with so much joy. | 我内心充满了快乐 |
[25:03] | But now I’m just mad. | 但现在我非常生气 |
[25:05] | Mad because no one told me she was sick, | 我生气是因为没有人告诉我她病了 |
[25:10] | mad because she probably has no idea what’s happening. | 因为她可能都不知道发生了什么 |
[25:16] | You know, if I’m being totally honest, | 如果诚实地说 |
[25:20] | I don’t want her to suffer from this Alzheimer’s anymore. | 我不想再让她遭受阿尔兹海默症了 |
[25:23] | You know, it’s a horrific disease, | 这是个可怕的疾病 |
[25:26] | and I want her to be free. | 我想让她解脱 |
[25:29] | But I don’t want COVID to be the reason. | 但我不想让新冠肺炎成为她离世的理由 |
[25:31] | I d– I don’t want her | 我不希望 |
[25:32] | to be just another Black woman statistic | 她只是这场疫情的数据里 |
[25:35] | in this pandemic count. | 又一位黑人女性 |
[25:37] | Yeah, I hear that. | 我也同意 |
[25:40] | 100%. | 我完全同意 |
[25:45] | None of this is easy. | 没有一件事是简单的 |
[25:46] | All of it is confusing and… | 一切都令人困惑 |
[25:50] | hard and awful. | 困难且可怕 |
[25:52] | But even with Alzheimer’s, she’s been healthy. | 但即使她有阿尔兹海默症 至少她很健康 |
[25:56] | And now I’m watching her struggle | 但我现在却看她挣扎着 |
[25:59] | to do the most basic of human reflexes — breathing. | 做最基本的人体反射 呼吸 |
[26:05] | And if she’s saying she’s not ready to go… | 如果她说她还没准备好离世 |
[26:09] | I don’t know what to think. | 我不知道自己该做何感想 |
[26:12] | I felt so sure | 我曾经非常确信 |
[26:14] | that she wouldn’t want to live like she’s been living, | 她不想以这种方式生活了 |
[26:17] | but maybe I’m wrong, yeah? | 但可能我错了 |
[26:20] | Maybe she’s happy in the world | 可能在她的意识里 |
[26:23] | her mind takes her to. | 她是快乐的 |
[26:25] | Now I’m questioning every choice I made. | 现在我在质疑自己做过的每个选择 |
[26:28] | I mean, s-should I be doing more? | 我应该再努力多做一点吗 |
[26:29] | Should I move her to the ICU? Intubate her? | 我应该把她转到重症监护室吗 给她插管吗 |
[26:33] | Am I just thinking about how I feel | 我是不是只考虑了自己的感受 |
[26:35] | instead of what’s going on with her — inside of her mind? | 没有顾及她的内心想法 |
[26:40] | – Do you want my opinion? – Please. | -你想听听我的意见吗 -请讲 |
[26:43] | I’ve been the one who does everything, | 我曾经就是那个尝试一切手段的人 |
[26:46] | who fights tooth and nail against death at all costs. | 用尽全力 不惜一切代价和死亡抗争 |
[26:52] | But truthfully, with my mom, | 但说实话 想起我妈妈的时候 |
[26:55] | it didn’t give me more peace of mind in the end. | 我最终没有获得更多内心的平静 |
[26:59] | It might have done the opposite. | 它可能物极必反 |
[27:02] | I didn’t think so at the time, | 我当时不那么觉得 |
[27:03] | but it was the easier choice. | 但那是个更简单的选择 |
[27:08] | To fall back on acting like a surgeon | 选择像个外科医生一样行事 |
[27:10] | and searching for all the answers. | 搜寻一切的答案 |
[27:15] | Bailey, you’ve given your mom so much. | 贝利 你已经给予你妈妈很多东西了 |
[27:20] | She’s gotten to raise you | 她可以把你养大 |
[27:23] | and watch you turn into this incredible surgeon | 看着你长成一名优秀的外科医生 |
[27:25] | and chief of a hospital. | 成为医院的主任 |
[27:28] | She watched you fall in love. | 她看着你恋爱 |
[27:30] | – Twice. – Twice! | -两次 -两次 |
[27:33] | And raise a family. | 然后成家 |
[27:38] | Of course you’re never going to feel ready to say goodbye, | 当然你永远都不会准备好说再见 |
[27:43] | but… | 但… |
[27:46] | she’s had an amazing life. | 她的人生已经很精彩了 |
[27:48] | I brought my parents to Seattle kicking and fighting. | 我费尽力气才让父母来西雅图 |
[27:53] | I promised them, if they moved here, | 我向他们保证 他们搬来住 |
[27:56] | it was the right thing to do | 是正确的做法 |
[27:58] | so they could be closer to their only daughter. | 这样他们就可以和独生女住得更近了 |
[28:01] | I told them I knew best. Just listen to me. | 我告诉他们我最清楚 听我的就好了 |
[28:04] | And if they hadn’t done that, they would still be at home. | 如果他们没有这样做 他们应该还在家 |
[28:07] | Isolated. | 在家隔离 |
[28:08] | And Mom wouldn’t be dying. Not yet. | 妈也不会死了 至少不是现在 |
[28:11] | You don’t know that. | 你也不知道会这样 |
[28:12] | She was exposed at the place that I set up for them. | 她暴露在我给他们设置的环境里 |
[28:15] | The — The facility let someone | 那 那养老院让一个 |
[28:17] | move in from New York, | 纽约来的人住了进来 |
[28:20] | a retired surgeon. | 一名退休外科医生 |
[28:23] | He became symptomatic the day after his arrival. | 他到达后第二天就表现出症状 |
[28:26] | After they said they had shut down to all outsiders, | 此前 他们已经说了不再接收外来人员 |
[28:30] | including family. | 包括家人 |
[28:31] | How in the hell could you have known that was going to happen? | 你怎么可能知道会发生这件事 |
[28:33] | How could you have known any of this was going to happen? | 你怎么可能知道会发生这种事 |
[28:38] | Bailey, you cannot feel guilty about this. | 贝利 你不能为这件事自责 |
[28:46] | My mom, she left me five voicemails | 我妈 去年我过生日时 |
[28:49] | for my birthday last year. | 她给我留了五条语音信息 |
[28:50] | She kept calling | 她打个不停 |
[28:53] | because she forgot that she had already | 因为她忘了她已经 |
[28:54] | wished me happy birthday. | 祝过我生日快乐了 |
[28:57] | There they are. | 在这里 |
[28:57] | *Happy birthday to you* | *祝你生日快乐* |
[29:01] | I never deleted them | 我没有删 |
[29:02] | because I guess I realized | 因为也许我意识到 |
[29:05] | that it might be the last time she remembered at all. | 这可能是最后一次她记得我生日了 |
[29:11] | She raised me to be a good little girl. | 她把我养成一个好女儿 |
[29:15] | And even when I defied her… | 就算我反抗她… |
[29:20] | I was never disrespectful. | 我从来没有不尊重她 |
[29:22] | And I tried to be good at everything. | 我努力做好每件事 |
[29:26] | A good student, a good mother. | 当一个好学生 好妈妈 |
[29:30] | Wife, doctor, chief. | 好妻子 好医生 好主任 |
[29:33] | And now she just needs me to be a good daughter, | 她现在只是需要我当一个好女儿 |
[29:37] | and I’m not sure how to do that, | 而我不知道怎么做 |
[29:39] | even though it’s what I’ve been the longest. | 虽然女儿是我当了最久的角色 |
[29:42] | You’ve chosen palliative care. | 你选择了姑息治疗 |
[29:45] | You’re giving her the best care possible | 你给了她最好的治疗 |
[29:48] | while keeping her as comfortable as possible. | 同时让她尽量舒服 |
[29:52] | That is good. | 这就很好了 |
[29:54] | And it is kind and respectful and brave. | 而且这样做善良 尊重且勇敢 |
[30:02] | I wish I could’ve given my mom a more dignified death. | 我希望我能让我妈死得更有尊严一些 |
[30:07] | But I pushed so hard. | 但我用力过猛了 |
[30:15] | You know, it’s her own damn fault, really. | 这是她的错 真的 |
[30:19] | My whole life, she told me to push through. | 我整个人生 她告诉我要竭尽所能 |
[30:24] | Be strong. Fight the good fight. | 要坚强 奋斗到底 |
[30:27] | My mom was kind of the opposite. | 我妈正相反 |
[30:30] | Like, overprotective, like, hovering. | 过度保护 像直升机妈妈 |
[30:33] | There was a reception | 之前有个招待会 |
[30:36] | sponsored by the Daughters of the Revolution. | 是美国革命女儿会赞助的 |
[30:36] | 妇女组织 成员自称为美国革命参加者的后裔 思想保守 爱国心强 对美国极为忠诚 | |
[30:39] | They had given me a scholarship. | 他们给了我一份奖学金 |
[30:42] | So my mom said I should take the scholarship | 我妈说我应该拿这个奖学金 |
[30:45] | but not go to the reception. | 但别去那个招待会 |
[30:48] | But I didn’t want to give them that satisfaction. | 但我不想让他们称心如意 |
[30:50] | No, I wanted them to see | 不 我想让他们看看 |
[30:52] | what “Miranda Bailey” looked like, right? | “玛兰达·贝利”到底长什么样 好吗 |
[30:55] | So I went with my dad. | 于是我和我爸一起去了 |
[31:01] | We had a good laugh at those very proper ladies. | 我们好好嬉笑了一番那些仪表堂堂的女士们 |
[31:08] | I think you mean “white” ladies. | 我想你指的是”白人”女士们 |
[31:11] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[31:13] | Watching them try to hide their horror | 看着她们试图掩盖她们的恐惧 |
[31:16] | when they saw who they had given their scholarship to, | 当她们看见她们把奖学金给了谁 |
[31:20] | yeah, that was classic. | 对 那太经典了 |
[31:22] | And guidance counselors, oh, my God. | 还有那些辅导员 天啊 |
[31:24] | Yeah, yeah, always trying to suggest | 对 是的 总是试图建议 |
[31:26] | a school where we might feel “more comfortable.” | 某个我们可能觉得”更舒适”的学校 |
[31:29] | “Oh, Wellesley. | “韦尔斯利学院 |
[31:31] | That’s a fine school, Miranda. | 那是个很好的学校 玛兰达 |
[31:34] | But, um, I think state school is more your speed.” | 但我认为州立大学更适合你” |
[31:38] | Like I don’t know my speed. Please. | 好像我不知道自己的情况似的 拜托 |
[31:40] | Try harder and do better | 更努力 做得更好 |
[31:42] | just to be considered average. | 只为了被别人认为表现平常 |
[31:43] | Or to be considered at all. | 或者根本就没被考虑过 |
[31:46] | But how they underestimate our greatness. | 但他们低估了我们的优秀 |
[31:50] | Graduated magna cum laude… | 顺便说一句 我以优异成绩毕业 |
[31:52] | …with my biology degree, by the way. | 并获得了生物学学位 |
[31:56] | And you better bet my mom cut out the graduation announcement | 你猜怎么着 我妈剪下了韦尔斯利学院寄来的 |
[32:01] | from Wellesley and mailed it to my guidance counselor. | 毕业通知 寄给了我的辅导员 |
[32:12] | I don’t know how I’m gonna do this. | 我不知道我要怎么做 |
[32:29] | I c– I can come back. | 我 我可以一会再来 |
[32:30] | No. No, no, no. Uh, no, I just finished up his EEG. | 不 不 不用 我刚给他做完脑电图 |
[32:33] | I wanted to, um, make sure | 我想确保 |
[32:34] | that the seizure was a one-and-done, | 癫痫的发作只是一次性的 |
[32:36] | before I head home, take 10 scalding hot showers, | 然后我就回家 洗十遍热水澡 |
[32:40] | and hug up on everybody. | 并拥抱每一个人 |
[32:43] | Maggie says that his numbers are holding. | 麦琪说他的数值都稳定了 |
[32:46] | Good. Thanks. | 很好 谢谢 |
[32:59] | I don’t know if you were ignoring me | 我不知道之前我去你家时 |
[33:00] | when I came by the house | 你是在故意忽视我 |
[33:01] | or — or if you were just too sick to answer, | 或只是太虚弱没法回答 |
[33:03] | but I-I’m — I’m gonna go with too sick | 但我 我就当作你太虚弱了 |
[33:06] | ’cause then — then maybe there’s a-a ray of hope for us, | 因为那样 我们或许还有一线希望 |
[33:09] | which I could really use right now, | 我现在真的很需要这个 |
[33:12] | and I know you could. | 我知道你也是 |
[33:15] | You know, I’m — I’m gonna stop asking. | 我 我不会再问了 |
[33:16] | I’m just gonna decide. | 我要做决定 |
[33:17] | I-I’m deciding that we mean enough to each other | 我决定我们对彼此很重要 |
[33:22] | that, even though I hurt you and I-I… | 尽管我伤害了你 我 |
[33:26] | I hurt you more than I could ever imagine, | 我比想象的伤你更深 |
[33:28] | that a repair could be made, that… | 但我们的关系可以修复 |
[33:33] | maybe you could remember | 也许你可以想想 |
[33:36] | some of the things that you don’t hate about me | 一些你不讨厌我的地方 |
[33:38] | and we — we could salvage our friendship because… | 我们 我们可以挽回我们的友谊 因为 |
[33:43] | I don’t know how we’re going to get through this pandemic, | 我不知道我们要怎样度过这场疫情 |
[33:45] | but I do know — I do know | 但我知道 我确信 |
[33:47] | that we’re not going to get through it alone. | 我们不会独自度过 |
[33:49] | So if you want to have nothing to do with me, | 所以如果你不想和我有任何关系 |
[33:52] | then you are just going to have to get all better | 你就得好起来 |
[33:54] | and tell me yourself, | 亲口告诉我 |
[33:55] | because until I hear you say the words, | 因为除非我听到你说出那些话 |
[33:56] | you’re not gonna get rid of me. | 否则你无法摆脱我 |
[34:03] | Oh, my God. Tom. Tom? | 天啊 汤姆 汤姆 |
[34:05] | Tom, can you hear me? | 汤姆 你能听到我说话吗 |
[34:07] | It’s me. It’s — It’s Teddy. | 是我 我是泰迪 |
[34:10] | You were wrong. | 你错了 |
[34:12] | Wrong about what? | 我说错什么了 |
[34:14] | When you came to my house. | 你来我家时 |
[34:17] | I was ignoring you. | 我是故意不理你 |
[34:21] | Did you hear everything I-I just said? | 我刚说的话 你全听到了吗 |
[34:28] | I hate you. | 你真讨厌 |
[34:30] | Well, we both know that’s not true. | 我们都清楚你并不讨厌我 |
[34:41] | What would you say to a sponge bath? | 你愿意帮我用海绵擦身吗 |
[34:45] | Well, but, you know, as friends. | 你懂的 只是帮朋友的忙 |
[34:47] | Friendly sponge bath. | 友谊的海绵浴 |
[35:19] | I rounded on all of Bailey’s patients. | 我巡视了病房 查看了贝利的患者 |
[35:20] | DeLuca said he’ll keep an eye on them for the rest of the night. | 德鲁卡说他下半夜会看护他们 |
[35:23] | Yeah, thank you. | 好的 谢谢你 |
[35:25] | Yeah, I hesitate to ask, but how’s her mom doing? | 对了 不知道该不该问 贝利妈妈如何了 |
[35:28] | They don’t expect her to last the night. | 应该撑不过今晚了 |
[35:36] | You realize half of our COVID patients are Black and Brown? | 你发现我们院一半的新冠患者都是有色人种 |
[35:39] | I know. | 我发现了 |
[35:40] | In a city that’s 7% Black? | 而城市的黑人居民只占7% |
[35:42] | Like, how does that even compute? | 这怎么可能呢 |
[35:45] | Well, it doesn’t. | 这压根就不合理 |
[35:46] | I mean one more person blame it on pre-existing conditions | 人们总把这归咎于过往病史 |
[35:49] | as if the conditions aren’t manmade to begin with… | 就好像这并不是人为造成似的 |
[35:52] | Like we’re not pushed into the front line of all of our jobs | 搞得好像我们不是被推到工作前线 |
[35:55] | and forced to live in overcrowded situations, | 被迫面对过于沉重的状况 |
[35:57] | surrounded by environmental hazards. | 身处于环境污染之中 |
[35:59] | Well, people want to make everything bad | 人们总想把所有不好的事 |
[36:01] | that happens your own fault. | 归咎于受害者 |
[36:04] | Yeah, when systemic racism is the root | 没错 当无处不在的歧视 |
[36:05] | of the whole damn thing. Forget the pre-, | 成了整件事的根源 别说过去了 |
[36:07] | it’s the existing condition. | 这就是现状 |
[36:09] | Existing while Black. | 肤色不变 现状不改 |
[36:17] | You know, Richard, we both know my mom is stubborn. | 理查德 你我都清楚我妈有多固执 |
[36:21] | And everything she’s been through, | 而她所经历的那些 |
[36:22] | I feel like she thinks she’s invincible now, and she’s not. | 让我感觉她自以为所向披靡 但其实并不是 |
[36:27] | We can’t lose her, Richard. | 理查德 我们不能失去她 |
[36:30] | The world can’t lose her, you know? | 这个世界不能没有她 你明白吗 |
[36:32] | It’s been handled. | 事情都解决好了 |
[36:34] | You talked to her? | 你和她谈过了吗 |
[36:36] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[36:37] | What’d you say? | 你说了什么 |
[36:39] | I think it’s best kept between us. | 这是我和你妈之间的秘密 |
[36:42] | Why are you being weird about it? | 你干嘛神神秘秘的 |
[36:45] | ‘Cause it’s about sex, isn’t it? | 是关于性吗 |
[36:47] | – It is. – Thanks. Right. Good night. | -没错 -幸好你没告诉我 好吧 晚安 |
[36:55] | Oh, my God. That smells so good. | 我的天呐 太香了 |
[36:59] | We’re sharing, right? | 我们一起吃 对吧 |
[37:00] | Pod together, eat together? Please say yes. | 同住同吃对吧 拜托了 请说是 |
[37:03] | I delivered a baby today. | 我今天接生了一个孩子 |
[37:05] | – Is that a yes? – Yes! Yes, yes. | -一起吃吗 -是的 有你的份 |
[37:08] | Wait, weren’t we together all day? | 慢着 我们不是一整天都待在一起吗 |
[37:09] | What do you mean you delivered a secret baby? | 你什么时候背着我接生了个孩子 |
[37:12] | Happened very quick. I went to check on Luna, | 事情发生得太快了 我本来是去看卢娜 |
[37:14] | and this nurse said that there was an imminent delivery, | 然后有个护士说急需接生 |
[37:17] | and the next second, I was catching a baby. | 接着下一秒 我就抱着个婴儿 |
[37:22] | I was literally the first person in the universe to hold him. | 我是世界上第一个抱他的人 |
[37:26] | And then I handed him to his parents, | 接着我把他交给他的父母 |
[37:28] | and their faces were just… | 他们的表情实在是 |
[37:32] | No wonder Val’s so depressed. | 难怪瓦尔这么难过 |
[37:33] | It’s the happiest thing I’ve ever seen. | 这是我见过最幸福的事 |
[37:36] | It was just so pure and simple and perfect. | 如此的纯粹 简单 完美 |
[37:41] | I was buzzing. | 我非常兴奋 |
[37:42] | But it was a total random fluke, | 但这纯粹是个意外的小插曲 |
[37:44] | and tomorrow, I’ll be back to the same depressing crap. | 明天 我又会回到那个绝望的地狱 |
[37:47] | I mean, you did save Val’s life today. | 但你今天确实救了瓦尔一命 |
[37:51] | You think that’s why Carina DeLuca | 你说卡丽娜·德卢卡每天都那么开心 |
[37:52] | is always in such a good mood? | 会不会就是这个原因 |
[37:54] | She’s just, you know, handing out babies, | 她的 工作就是接生孩子 |
[37:56] | and it shoots her serotonin level through the roof. | 这使她5-羟色胺水平急剧升高 |
[37:58] | Well, yeah, but doesn’t she also have, like, an orgasm hobby? | 是啊 但是她 不是还习惯经常高潮吗 |
[38:04] | What if I changed? | 我改改怎么样 |
[38:05] | Changed what? | 改什么 |
[38:07] | Careers. Programs. | 职业 专业 |
[38:09] | Is that insane? | 会太疯狂吗 |
[38:11] | Khan did it, and what he did | 汉就作出了改变 |
[38:12] | is so much harder than switching specialties. | 他做的改变比换专业要困难得多 |
[38:16] | He started over with nothing. | 他放弃了一切 从头来过 |
[38:18] | And I know — I know I’ve put years into surgery, | 我知道 我花了很多年时间在外科上 |
[38:21] | but if it’s not bringing me any joy, | 但如果干外科不能带给我快乐 |
[38:24] | then wouldn’t it be insane to not change? | 那不作出改变反而比较不正常吧 |
[38:28] | I think you eat and then sleep before you make any major li– | 我觉得你吃饱后睡个好觉 再做重大决 |
[38:32] | Oh, my God. I sound like my mother. | 天啊 我说的好像我妈 |
[38:35] | I want to be happy. | 我希望快乐 |
[38:38] | Everyone’s dying. | 所有人都在死去 |
[38:39] | Meredith’s — | 梅瑞狄斯 |
[38:42] | Tomorrow is not promised. | 明天充满变数 |
[38:45] | Not in marriage. | 婚姻也是 |
[38:47] | Not in life. | 生活更是 |
[38:49] | I want to be happy. | 我希望能快乐 |
[38:57] | She’s decompensating. | 她进入失代偿期了 |
[39:00] | You should go in. | 你应该进去 |
[39:04] | She barely knows who I am. | 她都不知道我是谁 |
[39:07] | And I want to be there for her. | 但我想进去陪她 |
[39:09] | I-I want her husband to be there for her. | 我希望她丈夫能来陪她 |
[39:13] | She deserves to be surrounded by love and family. | 她应该被爱和家人包围着 |
[39:19] | But Dad’s in quarantine. | 但爸爸在隔离 |
[39:21] | He’s high-risk, and I don’t want him to expose anyone. | 他是高风险 我不希望他出来传染别人 |
[39:25] | I don’t want him to be exposed. | 我也不希望他被别人传染 |
[39:27] | I know this is not what you imagined for your mother. | 我知道你为你妈计划的不是这样 |
[39:31] | And I’m sorry about that. | 我很遗憾 |
[39:34] | But she needs you now. | 但她现在需要你 |
[39:38] | It’s time. | 是时候了 |
[39:41] | And if you don’t go in, | 如果你不进去 |
[39:42] | I promise you will never forgive yourself. | 我敢肯定你永远不会原谅自己的 |
[39:47] | I’m scared. | 我害怕 |
[39:51] | I know. | 我知道 |
[39:55] | We’ll do it together. | 我们一起 |
[39:56] | Patients lose their power | 患者失去决定能力后 |
[39:58] | when they are referred to as “Bed number 4” | 会被被称作”四床” |
[40:01] | or “arm pain guy.” | 或是”胳膊疼的家伙” |
[40:05] | Even in their deaths, | 即使是临近死亡的时刻 |
[40:07] | they are not faceless. | 患者们不是没有面孔 |
[40:10] | They are not nameless. | 他们也不是无名无姓 |
[40:13] | They are more than statistics. | 他们不只是统计数字 |
[40:20] | More than “co-morbid conditions” | 他们不仅仅是”共病患者” |
[40:22] | or “nursing-home patients.” | 或是”养老院患者” |
[40:27] | They are sons, brothers, and uncles | 他们是儿子 兄弟 叔叔 |
[40:30] | who speak five languages | 会说五种语言 |
[40:32] | and run restaurants — Wade Klein, 66. | 并且经营餐馆 韦德·克莱因 66岁 |
[40:37] | They are great-grandfathers who love Broadway — | 他们是爷爷 喜欢看百老汇的剧 |
[40:41] | Jacob Lappin, 92. | 雅各布·拉宾 92岁 |
[40:44] | *I don’t need no money* | *我不需要金钱* |
[40:48] | *Fortune or fame* | *财富或者名望* |
[40:53] | *I got all the riches, baby* | *我已经拥有了所有 宝贝* |
[40:56] | They are baseball loving nurses with an easy laugh — | 是热爱棒球的护士 特别爱笑 |
[41:00] | Dane Wilson, 45. | 戴恩·威尔逊 45岁 |
[41:02] | *I guess you’d say* | *我猜你会问* |
[41:08] | *What can make me feel* | *到底是什么让你感觉* |
[41:12] | *This way?* | *如此富有* |
[41:15] | *My girl* | *我的女孩* |
[41:18] | *Talking ’bout my girl* | *那就是你啊我的女孩* |
[41:27] | It’s okay. | 没事了 |
[41:32] | Okay. | 好了 |
[41:34] | They are the world’s greatest mothers, | 她们是世界上最伟大的母亲 |
[41:37] | and they are the most beloved wives — | 她们是深受所爱的妻子 |
[41:40] | Elena Rose Bailey, 84. | 埃琳娜·罗斯·贝利 享年84岁 |