时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | It’s a natural progression in any profession | 在任何专业领域 |
[00:12] | for the student to become the teacher, | 学生会自然进步成为老师 |
[00:14] | the mentee to become the mentor. | 学徒自然会变成导师 |
[00:34] | It’s not that much different from parenting. | 做父母也几乎无异 |
[00:36] | I’m your son. | 我是你儿子 |
[00:40] | We learn from our ancestors how to make the perfect soup. | 先人教我们如何熬出美味汤汁 |
[00:48] | How to soothe an aching head or heart. | 如何抚慰头痛或心痛 |
[00:51] | Your call has been forwarded | 您的来电已被转接 |
[00:52] | to an automated voice messaging system. | 至自动语音信箱 |
[01:28] | We measure milestones and percentiles | 我们通过评估里程碑 分数排名 |
[01:30] | and first steps… | 和各种第一次 |
[01:32] | …to try and gain insight into the person they’ll grow into. | 去预测他们会成长为怎样的人 |
[01:37] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[01:40] | Tate, you’re early. | 泰特 你来早了 |
[01:43] | I’ve just started packing lunches. | 我才刚开始准备午餐 |
[01:53] | As if knowing a bunch of numbers on charts | 似乎知道一堆表格上的数字 |
[01:55] | is any true measure of what we might make of ourselves. | 就能真实说明未来的成长 |
[01:59] | Jackson. | 杰克森 |
[02:02] | Hey, Dad. | 嘿 爸 |
[02:30] | Alright.I know it seems, like, impulsive and out of nowhere, | 好吧 我知道 这看似突发奇想的冲动 |
[02:32] | but it’s not — it’s just, uh… | 但这不是 这只是 |
[02:35] | uh, fast. | 快了 |
[02:36] | But it’s not, like… | 但这不是像 |
[02:39] | impulsive, impulsive. | 真冲动的那种冲动 |
[02:40] | It’s… | 这是 |
[02:43] | I thought it through. It’s just I thought it through — | 我好好考虑过了 我考虑过 |
[03:10] | Everybody alive? | 大家都活着吧 |
[03:11] | Yeah. Yeah, yeah. That’s not — | 是的 这不是 |
[03:15] | Not why I’m here. | 不是我来的原因 |
[03:15] | I thought you were Tate. | 我还以为你是泰特 |
[03:17] | He delivers meals for me | 他帮我送餐 |
[03:17] | to people in the community that need them. | 给社区里需要的人 |
[03:20] | Okay. Not Tate. | 好吧 不是泰特 |
[03:22] | Well, come on in. Take a load off. | 进来吧 休息一下 |
[03:25] | I tested clean yesterday and haven’t seen anyone. | 我昨天核酸检测阴性 还没有接触其他人 |
[03:27] | I haven’t seen anyone, either. | 我也没接触其他人 |
[03:29] | I just made a fresh pot of coffee. | 我刚煮了咖啡 |
[03:31] | – Want some? – I’m good. | -要吗 -不用了 |
[03:34] | How have you been? | 你过得怎样 |
[03:36] | I’ve been thinking a lot about you lately, | 现在疫情肆虐 |
[03:37] | what with everything going on in the world. | 最近我常想到你 |
[03:39] | I was gonna call, | 本想打给你 |
[03:40] | but the way we left things last time, | 但我们上次见面不算愉快 |
[03:42] | I figured you did not want to talk to me. | 我觉得你应该不想跟我说话 |
[03:45] | I didn’t want to be one of those added things | 对抗疫情已经够辛苦了 |
[03:49] | on top of the pandemic to deal with. | 我不想成为你额外的负担 |
[03:53] | How have you been? | 你过得怎样 |
[03:55] | How’s your little girl? | 女儿还好吗 |
[03:57] | She must be, what… | 她现在是 |
[03:58] | She’s 3 1/2 years old. Her name is Harriet. | 她三岁半了 名字是哈莉特 |
[04:00] | Right. | 对 |
[04:04] | Look, I didn’t travel all this way | 我大老远跑过来 |
[04:06] | to just catch up, so, um… | 不是为了叙旧 |
[04:09] | I need…answers. | 我需要…答案 |
[04:11] | Well, I’ve got about 150 lunches to put together, | 我还得准备150份午餐 |
[04:14] | so if we’re gonna talk, | 如果要聊天 |
[04:16] | why don’t you grab a pair of gloves over here with me and, uh… | 不如你过来戴上手套 |
[04:19] | help me out? | 给我搭把手 |
[04:23] | Oh, my God, it’s your night. | 天啊 今晚是你带孩子 |
[04:25] | It’s — Wait — It’s your night? | 今晚是 等等 是你带孩子吗 |
[04:27] | How can it be your night with Harriet? | 怎么今晚是你带哈莉特 |
[04:28] | She’s not packed, she’s not ready, she’s sick, | 都没装好东西 她没准备好 她病了 |
[04:30] | – and I have a calendar. – It’s okay, | -而且我做日程表 -没事 |
[04:31] | no, no, it’s not — it’s not my night. | 不 不 今晚不是我带她 |
[04:32] | – No? – Alright? April, hey. | -不是吗 -没事 艾普丽尔 |
[04:33] | – It’s not? – No, no, no, it’s alright. | -不是吗 -不 不 没事的 |
[04:35] | – Okay. – Just take a breath. | -好吧 -深呼吸 |
[04:36] | What’s going on? What’s wrong? | 怎么了 有事吗 |
[04:37] | – She has a temp of 102, and — and she’s coughing… – Okay. | -她烧到38.9度 一直咳嗽 -好的 |
[04:40] | – …and she has no appetite. – Come here. | -还没有胃口 -我来抱她 |
[04:41] | But I-I took a rapid test — it’s not COVID. | 我做了快速核酸检测 不是新冠 |
[04:43] | Come here, munchkin. Come here. That’s good. | 来爸爸抱 小宝贝 那就好 |
[04:46] | – Why didn’t you call me? – I don’t know what it is. | -为什么不打给我 -都不知道是什么问题 |
[04:46] | Whooping cough or RSV or rickets? | 百日咳 呼吸道合胞病毒 佝偻病 |
[04:49] | – It’s not rickets. – People get rickets, Jackson. | -不是佝偻病 -人们会患佝偻病的 杰克森 |
[04:50] | And — And Matthew just went out East with Ruby | 马修和露比去东海岸 |
[04:52] | to see his sister, | 探望他姐姐了 |
[04:53] | and the power keeps going on and off, | 供电也断断续续 |
[04:54] | and I know, I am a doctor, | 我知道我是医生 |
[04:56] | I need to take a deep breath and I should be cool, | 我应该深呼吸 保持冷静 |
[04:58] | – but I am — – You’re not being cool right now. | -但我是 -你现在可不冷静 |
[04:59] | – You’re not even breathing, okay? Go ahead. – Oh, God. | -你都喘不上气了 呼吸 -天啊 |
[05:01] | She’s been sick before, obviously, | 她之前也生过病 |
[05:03] | but, like, COVID just makes everything feel so…big. | 但疫情让所有事都看起来 很重大 |
[05:05] | And I know I need to calm down, | 我知道我得冷静 |
[05:06] | but no one in the history of calming down | 但不是别人让你冷静 |
[05:07] | has ever calmed down by being told to calm down, | 你就能冷静下来吧 |
[05:09] | I’m not gonna tell you to calm down, alright? | 我不会跟你说冷静下来 好吧 |
[05:09] | so I’m not gonna, | 所以我不会 |
[05:10] | I’m not telling you to calm down, I promise. I just… | 我不会告诉你冷静下来 我保证 只是 |
[05:12] | Why don’t you let me in the house, maybe? | 或许你能让我先进去吗 |
[05:13] | – Yeah, yes, okay. Just — sorry. – Okay? | -对 是 抱歉 -好 |
[05:15] | – Come in. – Hey, sweetheart. | -进来吧 -嘿 小甜心 |
[05:18] | I can’t tell you how long it took me | 我可是花了好长时间 |
[05:20] | to come up with this nifty system. | 才建立这个高效的系统 |
[05:22] | First, we start with a bunch of these, | 我们首先从这里开始 |
[05:23] | what I’ve coined the brawn bundle. | 我称为卷肉流程 |
[05:26] | Here’s how we do it — two pieces of smoked ham, | 这样做 两片熏火腿 |
[05:29] | one slice of honey turkey, and provolone. | 一片蜂蜜火鸡肉和芝士片 |
[05:32] | Are you serious with all this? | 你是认真的吗 |
[05:33] | Roll it up, and once you have your ingredients set, | 卷起来 材料都准备好之后 |
[05:36] | you move down here to the bread. | 拿到面包这里 |
[05:37] | You won’t believe how much time that saves. | 你不知道这节省了多少时间 |
[05:41] | Try a piece. | 尝一块 |
[05:42] | Look, I’ll make the damn sandwiches with you | 听着 我会和你做这破三明治 |
[05:44] | in order to — it’s fine. | 就为了… 算了 |
[05:46] | Okay? But I don’t need to taste anything | 好吗 但我不想尝任何东西 |
[05:49] | or have any food or coffee. | 吃东西或者喝咖啡 |
[05:50] | Just — I don’t need anything from you, honestly. | 就… 我真的不需要你的任何东西 |
[05:52] | I just need answers. | 我只想要回答 |
[05:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:00] | Answers? | 回答吗 |
[06:02] | Mom said something to me that I cannot get out of my head. | 妈妈说了一些让我无法忘怀的话 |
[06:05] | Yeah, she has a talent for that. | 确实 她在这方面挺厉害的 |
[06:06] | She said, for the first time ever, | 她说 有史以来第一次 |
[06:10] | that I sounded like you. | 我说话的口气像你 |
[06:12] | Did you piss her off? | 你惹她生气了吗 |
[06:13] | I said I can’t really see change | 我说我看不出基金会 |
[06:15] | coming from inside the foundation. | 内部有什么变化 |
[06:17] | – There’s too much bureaucracy. – Well, to be honest, | -那里面官僚主义太严重了 -说实话 |
[06:19] | I haven’t thought about the foundation in a long time. | 我很久没想过基金会的事了 |
[06:22] | Yeah, but what do you think she meant by that? | 但你觉得她是什么意思 |
[06:24] | Years ago, I learned | 多年前 我就学会了 |
[06:25] | to never put words in your mother’s mouth. | 永远不要猜测你妈说的话 |
[06:28] | If you had to guess. | 如果你非要猜呢 |
[06:30] | I’ve never been one for the establishment. | 我从来都不是当大人物的料 |
[06:33] | I always thought the whole system is rigged. | 我一直认为整个系统都是他人掌上玩物 |
[06:37] | So, how we doing over there? | 我们这边做的怎么样了 |
[06:40] | You know, I don’t think | 我觉得火腿和火鸡三明治 |
[06:41] | ham-and-turkey sandwiches get enough credit. | 没有得到足够的认可 |
[06:43] | They’re simple, but they get the job done. | 它们做工简单 但是能让人满足 |
[06:46] | So I said that the whole system’s just broken, | 所以我说整个系统都崩溃了 |
[06:48] | needs to be thrown out and rebuilt, | 需要抛弃和重建 |
[06:50] | understanding that that’s damn near impossible considering | 考虑到现在有多少人从中受益 |
[06:53] | how many people benefit from it the way it is right now. | 这几乎是不可能的 |
[06:56] | That does sound a little like me. | 那确实听起来有点像我 |
[07:01] | You look like you could use some more turkey. | 你看起来需要再加点火鸡 |
[07:04] | Ever use a commercial meat slicer? | 用过商用切肉机吗 |
[07:06] | – When would I have done that? – Summer job? | -我什么时候会用那个 -暑假打工吗 |
[07:10] | Anyway, it reminds me of the O.R., | 总之 那让我让起了手术室 |
[07:13] | without the pressure of possibly killing someone. | 只是没有可能会杀人的压力 |
[07:15] | Come on, let me show you. | 来吧 我给你看 |
[07:23] | – Yeah, I can figure it out, thank you. – Okay. | -我自己能搞定 谢谢你 -好吧 |
[07:31] | You might want to — | 你应该… |
[07:32] | You might want to turn it on first. | 你应该先把这个打开 |
[07:35] | Yeah, right. | 是的 |
[07:39] | Just, what is it? | 这到底怎么弄 |
[07:40] | Here, let me show you. Okay. | 来 我给你演示 好了 |
[07:42] | First of all, you gotta lift this. | 首先 你要把这个抬起来 |
[07:44] | Here’s your gauge for how thick | 这是你想把肉 |
[07:46] | – you want to make the slice of meat. – Okay. | -切的厚薄的标准 -好了 |
[07:47] | Got it. hank you. | 懂了 谢谢你 |
[07:48] | – The carriage goes back and forth. – Great. | -这个工具来回推动 -很好 |
[07:52] | I got it. | 我会了 |
[07:56] | Kinda relaxing when you get a rhythm going, huh? | 当你找到节奏后还挺放松的 对吗 |
[07:59] | So…you’re saying you wanted change, but what? | 所以 你说你想要改变 但改什么 |
[08:03] | You felt powerless ’cause you were an Avery or…? | 你感到无力 因为你是艾弗里家的一员吗还是 |
[08:05] | As you know, the Avery name carries a great deal of influence, | 如你所知 艾弗里这个名字很有影响力 |
[08:07] | but it also carries… | 但也担负着 |
[08:10] | a great deal of baggage. | 很重的包袱 |
[08:11] | That amount of money can become a burden pretty quickly. | 那种数量级的钱很快会成为负担 |
[08:14] | Everybody knows you have it, so… | 所有人都知道你有 所以… |
[08:16] | they expect you to be responsible to fix everything with it. | 他们希望你有责任解决一切问题 |
[08:20] | And there’s almost no one in your shoes, | 而且几乎没人能站到你的位置 |
[08:22] | so almost no one seems to get it. | 也就几乎没人理解你 |
[08:25] | At least not when I said it. | 至少我说话的那个时候没有 |
[08:26] | Certainly not when the name is synonymous | 尤其是当这个名字 |
[08:29] | with just the worst behavior imaginable. | 和可想象的最恶劣的行为同义时 |
[08:32] | Well, not here it’s not. | 在这里不是 |
[08:35] | Here, nobody knows who my father was | 这里 没人知道我父亲是谁 |
[08:36] | or that I come from money. | 或者我出身富贵 |
[08:39] | Out here, they just think I’m Robert who runs the diner. | 在这里 他们只认为我是开餐馆的罗伯特 |
[08:48] | God. | 老天 |
[08:50] | Matthew’s been working a lot. | 马修最近工作很忙 |
[08:52] | I mean, I’ve been working a lot. | 我是说 我最近工作很忙 |
[08:53] | Yeah, don’t worry about it. My place is, uh — | 别担心 我住的地方… |
[08:55] | Please don’t do that. | 请你别那样 |
[08:56] | Don’t be all weird-nice with your voice an octave higher | 不要像酒店或银行职员那样 |
[08:58] | like you do with people at hotels or at the bank. | 把你的声音高八度 |
[09:00] | I have a weird bank voice now? | 我现在有银行职员奇怪的声音了吗 |
[09:02] | It’s making you nuts. | 能把你逼疯的 |
[09:03] | You — You can say it. | 你 你可以说出来 |
[09:05] | Just mess everywhere. | 到处都乱 |
[09:07] | Pillows all over the place. | 枕头到处都是 |
[09:08] | I maintain that throw pillows are useless and stupid, yeah. | 我坚持认为抱枕既没用又蠢 没错 |
[09:12] | How long has my munchkin been sick? | 我的小宝贝病了多久了 |
[09:15] | Couple days. | 几天 |
[09:17] | She just hasn’t wanted to do anything, just lie on me. | 她什么也不想做 就趴在我身上 |
[09:20] | Also, she needs a bath. She smells like feet. | 还有她需要洗澡了 她闻起来有脚味 |
[09:22] | Well, I hate to break it to you — that’s you. | 我不想告诉你 那是你的味道 |
[09:23] | – No, it’s not. – 100 percent you. | -不 不是 -百分百是你 |
[09:26] | – Oh, God. That is me. – Yeah. Go take a shower. | -老天 就是我 -对 去洗个澡 |
[09:30] | Jackson, I — | 杰克森 我 |
[09:31] | April, go take a shower, please. | 艾普丽尔 去洗个澡 |
[09:35] | Hey, Jackson. | 杰克森 |
[09:37] | I’m calming down. | 我冷静下来了 |
[09:38] | – See? – I am. I am. | -你看吧 -我冷静了 我冷静了 |
[09:40] | – 10 minutes. – 10 minutes. | -十分钟 -十分钟 |
[09:41] | She ever taken a 10-minute shower in her life? | 她这辈子洗过十分钟澡吗 |
[09:44] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[09:47] | Some tunes? Good idea. | 听点音乐吗 好主意 |
[09:49] | Let’s see what she’s got. | 我们看看她有什么歌 |
[09:53] | {播放列表 现在播放 放松合集 | |
[10:00] | We got this, right? | 我们能行 对吗 |
[10:02] | We got this, baby. | 我们能行 宝贝 |
[10:05] | We got this. | 我们能行 |
[10:06] | You’re gonna feel better in no time. | 你很快就会好起来的 |
[10:08] | Harriet and Dad. | 哈莉特和爸爸 |
[10:12] | We got this. | 我们能行 |
[10:14] | Oh, come on! | 拜托 |
[10:16] | Or maybe we don’t. | 或我们不行 |
[10:30] | I gotta give it to you — that’s some good turkey. | 我得佩服你 这火鸡真不错 |
[10:32] | Best in the state. | 州里最好的 |
[10:34] | Yeah, I’ll take your word for it. | 嗯 我就信你的了 |
[10:37] | So, what’d your dad think | 你爸爸怎么想的 |
[10:38] | when you decided to walk away from it all? | 当你决定离开这一切时 |
[10:40] | At first, he thought it was just a phase. | 起初他以为这只是个阶段 |
[10:43] | But then when he realized I was serious, | 但后来他意识到我是认真的 |
[10:46] | he stopped speaking to me. | 他就不跟我说话了 |
[10:48] | Completely? | 完全不说吗 |
[10:49] | He said I was selfish, compulsive, lazy, | 他说我自私 冲动 懒惰 |
[10:51] | a stain on the family name. | 家族的污点 |
[10:53] | Which I now see is such a complete joke. | 现在在我看来完全是个笑话 |
[10:57] | No, he was never interested in talking to me, | 不 他从来也没兴趣跟我说话 |
[11:00] | unless it was about the hospital image | 除非是关于医院形象 |
[11:02] | or profits or expansion. | 或利润或扩张 |
[11:04] | If I have to have one more conversation | 如果再跟我说一次 |
[11:06] | about cutting hospital costs, I swear… | 降低医院成本的话 我发誓 |
[11:08] | Someone’s got to do it. | 总得有人去做 |
[11:10] | I just knew it wasn’t gonna be me. | 我只是知道那人不是我 |
[11:12] | I was never gonna be the son my father wanted | 我从来都成不了我父亲期望的儿子 |
[11:14] | because I didn’t want to be the man the role required. | 因为我不想成为一些需要的角色 |
[11:22] | That’s why you’re here. | 所以你来了这里 |
[11:24] | – Why’s that? – Because… | -为什么 -因为 |
[11:26] | you’re ready to leave it all behind. | 你已经准备好都抛掷脑后了 |
[11:42] | Why does anyone have an electric water heater? | 为什么会有人买电热水器 |
[11:44] | A power outage is when you need hot water the most. | 停电的时候正是最需要热水的时候 |
[11:47] | Well, Harriet cried herself to sleep. | 哈莉特哭着睡着了 |
[11:50] | I propped her head up to help with the coughing. | 我把她脑袋支起来了 防止她继续咳嗽 |
[11:52] | Okay, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:53] | And I found a flashlight and a few candles, | 我找到了手电筒和一些蜡烛 |
[11:56] | but I can’t find any damn matches in this place. | 但我找不到任何火柴 |
[11:58] | Oh, yeah, well, I’m married to a first responder. | 是啊 我嫁给了救援人员 |
[12:00] | The matches are in a drawer even I’ve never found. | 火柴在一个我永远找不到的抽屉里 |
[12:02] | Alright. Well, then, stove it is. | 好吧 那就用炉子 |
[12:05] | Geez. | 天呐 |
[12:07] | Can you get some more candles? | 你能再拿点蜡烛吗 |
[12:10] | What? | 怎么了 |
[12:13] | Oh, crap! Sorry. | 糟了 抱歉 |
[12:15] | This is a nun. | 这是个修女 |
[12:16] | – I just grabbed the, uh — – The first nun you could find? | -我就拿了… -你找到的第一个修女吗 |
[12:19] | Saying I’m going to hell? | 你是说我要下地狱吗 |
[12:20] | – Since when do you believe in hell? – True. | -你什么时候相信地狱了 -也对 |
[12:22] | – But they’re your candles, so you’re going to hell. – Okay. | -但它们是你的蜡烛 所以你要下地狱 -好吧 |
[12:25] | – Alright, just give me this. – Yeah, grab that. | -好了 把这个给我 -对 用那个 |
[12:28] | Her fever’s at 102, | 她烧到了38.9度 |
[12:29] | so you might be right about RSV. | 你可能说对了 确实是呼吸道合胞病毒 |
[12:32] | Okay. | 好 |
[12:33] | So we just give her acetaminophen | 那我们就给她吃扑热息痛 |
[12:35] | and wait it out unless she gets short of breath? | 然后等烧退了 除非她呼吸急促 |
[12:37] | Versus driving in a blackout to Grey-Sloan in a pandemic? | 不然难道在又停电又疫情时开车去格蕾斯隆吗 |
[12:40] | Yeah, we’re not going anywhere. | 对 我们哪都不能去 |
[12:41] | The risk of exposure alone… | 光是暴露的风险就… |
[12:42] | We don’t need doctors, April. We are doctors. | 我们不需要医生 艾普丽尔 我们就是医生 |
[12:44] | And if she gets worse… | 如果她真的严重了 |
[12:46] | – Which she probably won’t. – Exactly. | -很可能不会 -没错 |
[12:48] | Yeah. | 对 |
[12:51] | How’s Meredith doing? | 梅瑞狄斯怎么样了 |
[12:52] | I’ve been praying for her. | 我一直在为她祈祷 |
[12:54] | – Oh, she’s, uh — She’s awake. – Yeah? | -她 她醒了 -真的吗 |
[12:56] | And she’s getting better every day, stronger. | 她现在每天都在好转 更强壮 |
[12:58] | Yeah. | 对 |
[13:00] | So, tonight wasn’t your night. | 所以今晚不是你带她 |
[13:02] | Yes. As usual, your calendar is impeccable. Well done. | 对 一如既往 你的日程表无可比拟 厉害 |
[13:05] | No, I’m just saying, uh, tonight — | 不 我只是说 今晚 |
[13:08] | tonight wasn’t your night, so why are you — | 今晚不是你带她 所以你为什么 |
[13:10] | How have I never been to your place? | 我怎么从来没来过你家 |
[13:11] | I feel like I guess we must always do drop-offs | 我感觉我们肯定经常开车到 |
[13:13] | at mine or work. | 我家或医院送人 |
[13:14] | It’s — It’s nice. It looks really nice. | 这里 这里很不错 很温馨 |
[13:16] | – I like what you’ve done. – Jackson… | -我喜欢你的装修 -杰克森 |
[13:18] | You guys are happy, you and — you and Matthew? | 你们幸福吗 你和 你和马修 |
[13:20] | We’re busy, like everyone else. | 我们很忙 像所有人一样 |
[13:22] | And Harriet and you and him and Ruby, | 哈莉特和你 还有他和露比 |
[13:23] | the same house, it’s going… | 同一栋房子 这很 |
[13:26] | Exposed brick is — is cool. I know you’ve always liked — | 外露砖 很酷 我知道你一直喜欢 |
[13:27] | Do you really think I can’t tell when you’re being cagey? | 你真的以为我看不出你讳莫如深吗 |
[13:29] | – I’m not being cagey. – Am I happy? | -我没有讳莫如深 -我幸福吗 |
[13:30] | Exposed brick? Would you just talk like a person? | 外露砖 你能说人话吗 |
[13:37] | I went to see my dad again. | 我去见我爸了 |
[13:38] | Oh, God. Is he sick? | 天呐 他病了吗 |
[13:39] | No, he’s the same as always. | 不 跟以前一样 |
[13:40] | Obliviously medium happy about his obliviously medium life. | 为他寻常的普通生活感到寻常的开心 |
[13:45] | I thought you never wanted to see him again. | 我以为你再也不想见他了 |
[13:47] | I didn’t. | 之前确实 |
[13:49] | I needed to know if I was right about what I… | 我得知道我是否做了正确的决定 |
[13:52] | what I wanted. | 关于我想要的事 |
[13:54] | And we’re back to being cagey. | 我们又回到了讳莫如深 |
[13:56] | I’m not trying to be cagey, April. | 我不是想讳莫如深 艾普丽尔 |
[13:58] | He couldn’t handle it. | 他承受不了 |
[14:01] | Okay? He couldn’t step up or step into his own, | 懂吗 他承受不了挺身而出 或做该做的事 |
[14:04] | and I can. | 我可以 |
[14:08] | I want to take over the foundation. | 我想接手基金会 |
[14:14] | Is this the, uh, coffee you showed me last time I was here? | 这是我上次来时你给我看的咖啡吗 |
[14:17] | We sold out of our first batch. | 我们烘烤的第一批卖光了 |
[14:19] | The local paper wrote us up, | 本地报纸报道了我们 |
[14:20] | so we decided to add four more roasts. | 所以我们觉得再多烘几批 |
[14:23] | I was gonna branch out into other parts of the state, | 我本来打算卖到州里的其他城市 |
[14:25] | and then, ah, COVID. | 然后来了疫情 |
[14:27] | Yeah, I remember. You guys got hit pretty hard. | 我记得 你们受创很严重 |
[14:29] | Hospital was turning people away, right? | 医院都不接收病人了 对吧 |
[14:31] | It was a lot. | 非常严重 |
[14:33] | I did everything I could | 我费了好大力 |
[14:34] | to keep this place open after COVID hit. | 才能在疫情中继续开下去 |
[14:36] | But then I ended up just bagging up food for the regulars. | 但现在也只是给常客打包食物而已 |
[14:40] | Word spread, | 消息一传开 |
[14:42] | and every morning, I come in here | 每天早上我一来 |
[14:43] | and crank up the Doobie Brothers, | 打开杜比兄弟的歌 |
[14:47] | start packing lunches. | 就开始打包午餐 |
[14:48] | It was weirdly therapeutic. | 很奇怪 这让我感觉很治愈 |
[14:51] | Kept my mind occupied. | 让我没时间想别的 |
[14:53] | Well… | 好吧 |
[14:54] | you got quite the bubble out here. | 你把这里搞的不错 |
[14:56] | Built a very different life for yourself. | 给自己开启了另一种生活 |
[14:59] | We’re all raised to think that’s some kind of wild concept. | 我们的成长过程中都会有一些疯狂的想法 |
[15:01] | But what’s wild is going to work every day | 但每天都要做自己不喜欢的工作 |
[15:04] | doing something you do not like, | 想着什么时候这种日子 |
[15:06] | thinking one day, it’ll just magically stop. | 能奇迹般地结束 才最疯狂 |
[15:09] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[15:12] | I just feel stuck. | 我感觉陷入了困境 |
[15:15] | Like there’s two of me. Like there’s this — | 像是有两个我 其中一个 |
[15:17] | this successful surgeon that I worked so hard to become, | 在努力成为优秀的外科医生 |
[15:21] | was trying to push the foundation to be more progressive. | 同时在努力推动基金会的发展 |
[15:25] | And also just the guy | 另一个我 |
[15:26] | that didn’t ask for any of this, you know? | 从来没想要这些 懂吗 |
[15:29] | I’m worried that maybe it’s too late — | 我担心现在已经太迟了 |
[15:32] | the system’s beyond repair. | 这个体系已经无法挽救了 |
[15:35] | Maybe I could be effective from the outside. | 也许我做个旁观者会更好 |
[15:38] | Or maybe you could let go of the idea | 也许你只需要放弃 |
[15:40] | that it’s your job to save the world. | 你的职责是拯救世界这个想法 |
[15:44] | There’s nothing wrong | 想要简单的生活 |
[15:45] | with wanting to keep things simpler. | 并没有错 |
[15:48] | Yeah, I think about that a lot. | 是的 我经常想那些 |
[15:50] | Actually, I think, you know, | 说实话 我觉得 |
[15:51] | I could get a small place in the woods, | 我可以在树林里找个小地方 |
[15:54] | maybe open a private practice, | 开个私人诊所 |
[15:57] | do things I really care about. | 做些我真正喜欢的事情 |
[16:00] | Explore the great outdoors with Harriet. | 和哈莉特一起去户外玩 |
[16:03] | We all deserve to live our lives however we want. | 我们都应该活出自己想要的样子 |
[16:06] | Sure, yeah. | 是的 |
[16:07] | You are an older white guy who’s always had money, so… | 你是有钱的白人老头 因此 |
[16:10] | If nothing changes in the world, | 就算这个世界是现在这个样子 |
[16:11] | you’re still gonna be fine, but I — I hear you. | 你也会活得好好的 但我懂你的意思 |
[16:14] | You given any thought to what if? | 你想过如果吗 |
[16:17] | What if I didn’t come back here? | 如果我没回到这里吗 |
[16:18] | What if you chose differently, yeah. | 如果你做出了不同的选择 |
[16:22] | Well, I’m more of a, hmm… | 我更偏向于 |
[16:26] | “Never look back” type. | “不回头看”的类型 |
[16:31] | Right, yeah. | 好吧 |
[16:35] | Yeah, um… | 也是 |
[16:40] | When I was here last time, I wanted to ask you why, | 我上次来的时候 我本想问你为什么 |
[16:43] | and I — I didn’t — I couldn’t — | 但是我没有 我问不出口 |
[16:46] | I guess I used to say I was over it, but I’m not. | 我常说我已经释怀了 但是我没有 |
[16:48] | I need to know why you left. | 我想知道你为什么离开了 |
[16:53] | ‘Cause, um… | 因为 |
[16:57] | …I realize that it’s really messed me up… | 我觉得这件事对我影响很大 |
[17:00] | pretty badly. | 坏的影响 |
[17:01] | And, um… | 而且 |
[17:04] | It just made it hard to, like, | 这件事让我很难 |
[17:06] | maintain relationships and stuff. | 维持感情之类的 |
[17:09] | Having this inclination to run away all the time. | 我总是倾向于逃避 |
[17:12] | And I know, I know — | 即使我知道 |
[17:13] | running away doesn’t actually solve anything. | 逃避不能解决问题 |
[17:14] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[17:17] | So — And I’ve tried. | 所以 我已经努力了 |
[17:18] | I’ve tried really hard to rid myself of the shame | 努力尝试摆脱这一切给我带来的 |
[17:24] | and the pain that comes with all that, and, uh… | 羞耻和痛苦了 |
[17:26] | You know, just kind of doubled-down | 你懂的 就在各种事情上 |
[17:27] | on being the best at everything — | 尽量做到两倍的好 |
[17:31] | the best father I could possibly be. | 尽力做最好的父亲 |
[17:32] | I probably stayed in my marriage longer than I should have, | 尽力维持自己早已破碎的婚姻 |
[17:34] | went along with foundation business | 基金会的事务也尽量多操持 |
[17:36] | longer than I should have, | 即使可能我早该抽身了 |
[17:37] | but no matter what, when it gets rough, | 但是无论如何 当事情变得困难时 |
[17:39] | I just end up… right there, | 我就会…停滞不前 |
[17:42] | running, into the woods. | 逃进树林里 |
[17:45] | Try to fight the you in me. | 努力对抗我心里的你 |
[17:49] | Can you not just sit there looking at me? | 你能别坐在那盯着我吗 |
[17:51] | Can you say something? | 能说句话吗 |
[17:52] | Pretend that I’m worth talking to? | 假装值得跟我聊几句 |
[17:53] | I don’t know how you can just say nothing all the — Ow! | 我不明白你为什么一言不发 诶哟 |
[17:55] | God! Aah! Damn it! | 我的天 见鬼 |
[17:59] | God! | 天啊 |
[18:00] | Oh, man. You alright? | 你还好吗 |
[18:01] | No, I’m not alright! Give it — I got it! | 不 我不好 把纸给我 我自己能行 |
[18:03] | Pressure, pressure, pressure. | 压着 压着 压着 |
[18:13] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:21] | Temp’s down to 101. | 体温降到38.3℃了 |
[18:23] | It’s just a bad dream. | 刚刚只是场噩梦 |
[18:24] | – Oh, yeah? How’s her breathing? – It’s better. | -真的吗 她的呼吸怎么样 -好点了 |
[18:27] | – Oh, good, alright. – Yeah. | -挺好的 -是的 |
[18:28] | – So we could be out of the woods. – Yeah. | -应该没什么事了 -是的 |
[18:34] | So, were you hoping matthew wasn’t gonna be here tonight? | 你是希望马修今晚不在家吗 |
[18:36] | What? No, I don’t have a problem with Matthew. | 什么 没有 他在不在都没关系 |
[18:38] | – Really? – What? | -真的 -怎么了 |
[18:39] | Whenever you guys are in the same room together, | 每次你俩共处一室的时候 |
[18:41] | you say one of three things — | 你只会说三个词 |
[18:43] | “Yup,” “Sure,” “Not a problem.” | “是的” “好” “没问题” |
[18:45] | Well, okay, yeah. | 好吧 确实 |
[18:45] | We’re not best friends, but, I mean, it’s civil. | 我俩不是铁哥们 但能和平相处 |
[18:49] | He seems like a fine guy. | 他看起来是个好人 |
[18:51] | – He seems, uh, kind. – Kind? | -他看起来很友好 -友好 |
[18:55] | I don’t have a bad word to say about him. | 我对他没什么意见 |
[18:56] | That — That’s something. | 就这些 |
[18:57] | So then why did you want to come tell me this in person? | 但你为什么要赶来亲口告诉我 |
[19:02] | You’re considering running the foundation. | 你在考虑主管基金会 |
[19:04] | What’s that got to do with me? | 跟我有什么关系呢 |
[19:05] | That’s the thing — | 这才是问题 |
[19:06] | I’m not just considering it. | 我不只是在考虑 |
[19:09] | I’m doing it. | 我已经在做了 |
[19:11] | Running the foundation means I got to move to Boston. | 管理基金会意味着我得搬去波士顿 |
[19:15] | W– Without Harriet? | 不带哈莉特吗 |
[19:17] | No. God, no. | 不 当然不是 |
[19:19] | I’m moving to Boston, and I really need you all to come. | 我要搬去波士顿 我真心需要你们都搬过来 |
[19:24] | The foundation will employ you and Matthew. | 基金会将会雇佣你和马修 |
[19:26] | You’ll be set. | 都给你安排好了 |
[19:27] | You can do whatever you want | 你可以做任何你想做的 |
[19:27] | in terms of an outreach program or design or build. | 外展计划 设计或建造 |
[19:31] | Anything you want to do, we’ll fund it. | 不管你想做什么 我们都会资助 |
[19:34] | I would never leave Harriet. | 我永远不会离开哈莉特 |
[19:37] | I could never, ever leave Harriet, | 我永远也离不开哈莉特 |
[19:40] | which means I really need you all to come with me. | 所以 我真的需要你们跟我一起去 |
[19:45] | Please. | 拜托 |
[19:52] | Doesn’t look like there are any tendon injuries. | 看起来没有肌腱损伤 |
[19:54] | – Yeah, the cut’s not that deep. – Okay. | -伤口没那么深 -好了 |
[19:56] | Another wash, then let’s glue it. | 再清洗一遍 然后就可以粘起来了 |
[20:00] | I can handle it from here. | 接下来我自己能搞定 |
[20:01] | Actually, just hand me the glue. | 把胶水递给我 |
[20:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:12] | Just give me your hand. | 把你的手给我 |
[20:14] | – Come on, man. Let me do this. – Okay. | -来吧 我来弄 -好吧 |
[20:17] | I may not have practiced in a while, | 虽然我有段时间没行医了 |
[20:18] | but it is like riding a bike. | 但这就像骑自行车一样 |
[20:21] | Not exactly, but okay. | 并不完全一样 但好吧 |
[20:24] | Hold it together. | 粘好了 |
[20:27] | – See? – Alright. That is not bad. | -看吧 -确实还不错 |
[20:30] | Okay. Does it hurt? | 好了 疼吗 |
[20:32] | Do you want any Tylenol or anything? | 你要吃点泰诺之类的吗 |
[20:34] | No, no, no. It’s actually just… | 不 不用 其实只是 |
[20:36] | It stings a little bit, but that’s fine. | 有点刺痛 不过没事 |
[20:38] | – Thank you. – Look at us. | -谢谢你 -看咱爷俩 |
[20:40] | We ought to open up a family practice. | 我们应该开个家庭诊所 |
[20:48] | You know, I’m gonna… | 我想… |
[20:50] | I’m just gonna grab some air. | 我出去透透气 |
[20:58] | I get it, Jackson. | 我明白 杰克森 |
[21:00] | You’re not the only person in quarantine | 你不是唯一一个在隔离期间 |
[21:01] | who’s drowning in big | 陷入巨大的 |
[21:03] | “What the hell am I doing with my life?” | “我的生活到底怎么了” |
[21:04] | kind of questions. | 这种问题中的人 |
[21:05] | But you don’t just up and move across the country on a whim. | 但你不能心血来潮就搬去国家的另一头 |
[21:09] | No, no, no, that’s not what this is. It’s not on a whim. | 不不不 并不是这样 这不是一时兴起 |
[21:10] | Since the moment I met you at Mercy West, | 从我在西慈见到你的那一刻起 |
[21:13] | you have rejected your family name, the legacy, | 你就拒绝了你的家族姓氏 遗产 |
[21:16] | even the freaking plane. | 甚至那架该死的飞机 |
[21:17] | You’ve — You’ve wanted nothing to do with any of it. | 你不想跟他们扯上任何关系 |
[21:19] | – I resisted. That’s not necess– – No, no, no. | -我反对 那不是必须… -不不不 |
[21:21] | Sorry, you’ve been running, kicking and screaming. | 抱歉 你一直逃跑 挣扎 尖叫 |
[21:23] | That is not where this is coming from. | 那些跟这没关系 |
[21:25] | Okay? I can use this as an opportunity | 好吗 我可以以此为契机 |
[21:26] | to make some profound changes in the world. | 为世界带来一些深刻的变化 |
[21:29] | You understand? | 你明白吗 |
[21:30] | – I respect that. I mean, I-I admire that, Jackson. – As long as | -我尊重 我很佩服 杰克森 -只要 |
[21:32] | it’s not an inconvenience to your perfect little life here? | 没给你这里的完美小生活带来不便的话 |
[21:35] | Uprooting my entire life is not an inconvenience. | 颠覆我的整个生活并不只是不便而已 |
[21:39] | Okay, you’re right. | 好吧 你说得对 |
[21:39] | But I need this. | 但我需要这个 |
[21:42] | I know that I need to do this. | 我知道我需要这么做 |
[21:43] | I can feel it in my gut, and I just want to trust that for once. | 我的直觉告诉我 我就想相信这一次 |
[21:46] | – Okay. How many times have you “Felt in your gut”… – Don’t — | -你有多少次”直觉告诉我” -别这样 |
[21:49] | …the need to just pack up a tent | 需要打包一个帐篷 |
[21:51] | and go for a walkabout | 出去走走 |
[21:53] | and talk to yourself amongst the trees? | 在树林里自言自语 |
[21:54] | So I’m the only one that’s | 所以我是唯一一个 |
[21:55] | walked away when I was having a hard time? | 心情不好的时候会跑路的人吗 |
[21:58] | Just me, huh? | 只有我 是吗 |
[21:59] | How many times have you been sitting in the front pew at a church, | 你有多少次坐在教堂前排座位 |
[22:01] | talking to God about the plans for your life? | 与上帝谈论你的生活计划 |
[22:04] | – It’s not the same thing. I — – Why not? | -这又不一样 -怎么不一样 |
[22:06] | Why is it that you can find solace and purpose in a church, | 为什么你可以在教堂里找到慰藉和目标 |
[22:08] | but I can’t find it in nature, | 而我却不能在大自然中找到 |
[22:09] | where I can actually have some time that’s quiet… | 在那里我可以真正享受安静 |
[22:12] | …hear myself think, think about what I want, | 聆听自己的想法 思考我想要什么 |
[22:13] | not what everybody else expects of me? | 而不是其他人对我的期望 |
[22:15] | So how long did you spend | 那么你花了多少时间 |
[22:16] | thinking about going to see your father? | 考虑去见你的父亲 |
[22:19] | How much time did you spend doing that? | 你花了多少时间在这上面 |
[22:20] | – Don’t reduce it to that! – Or did you just, | -不能这样简单归纳 -还是说你只是 |
[22:21] | like, get in a car and — and go — | 坐上车 然后出发 |
[22:22] | No, it’s not on a whim, okay? | 不 这不是一时兴起 好吗 |
[22:23] | – It was a realization. – Okay, I — | -这是一种认知 -好吧 我 |
[22:25] | I needed clarity, | 我需要清晰的思路 |
[22:26] | and I went and talked to Robert, and I got it. | 所以我去找罗伯特聊了聊 然后我想清楚了 |
[22:28] | You have never wanted any of this. | 你从来都不想要这些 |
[22:33] | And — And I’m just supposed to roll with it | 而我 我就应该听从你的决定 |
[22:36] | and see what happens? | 看看会怎么样吗 |
[22:38] | What — What happens when you regret it? | 要是你后悔的话怎么办 |
[22:40] | What happens when you realize that you actually hate it? | 要是你意识到你讨厌它的话怎么办 |
[22:43] | What you’re asking of me, | 你要求我 |
[22:44] | of — of our family, of our daughter, it’s… | 我们的家庭 我们的女儿所做的 |
[22:49] | What happens if it doesn’t work? | 要是行不通的话怎么办 |
[22:53] | Matthew got on one knee and proposed to you… | 马修单膝跪地向你求婚 |
[22:56] | – Please don’t. Jackson, I’m — – No, no, no, it’s true. | -请不要这样 杰克森 -不不不 这是真的 |
[22:57] | He got on one knee and proposed to you in front of me. | 他在我面前单膝跪地向你求婚 |
[23:00] | I stood there, | 我站在那 |
[23:02] | watched another man become your husband | 看着另一个男人成为你的丈夫 |
[23:03] | and stepfather to my child — our child… | 成为我的女儿 我们的女儿的继父 |
[23:06] | …and at no point did I come to you and say, | 我从来也没跟你说过 |
[23:08] | “Yeah, but what if it doesn’t work?” | “万一行不通的话怎么办” |
[23:10] | I didn’t do that. I had your back that day and every day since. | 我没那么做 做那之后的每一天我都支持着你 |
[23:14] | He bugs the hell out of you, doesn’t he? | 他让你很不爽对吧 |
[23:16] | I’m allowed to be frustrated at the guy | 我有理由对那个男人失望 |
[23:18] | who makes sandwiches weird. | 他做的三明治很奇怪 |
[23:19] | – Who — I-It’s — And he calls her Hair-Hair. – I know. | -谁会…而且他叫她毛毛 -我知道 |
[23:22] | I know. I’m working on that. | 我知道 我也在适应 |
[23:26] | What I’m not allowed to do, April, | 我不能做的是 艾普丽尔 |
[23:28] | what — what I’ve actually never done, | 我实际上从没做过的 |
[23:30] | is stand in the way of the happiness that you chose for yourself. | 成为你寻找自己幸福的路上的阻碍 |
[23:35] | I had your back. | 我支持了你 |
[23:37] | I know this is a surprise, | 我知道这是个意外 |
[23:38] | but I’m just asking you — do the same for me. | 但我只是希望你能为我做同样的事 |
[23:43] | I… | 我 |
[23:46] | I — I want you to be happy, Jackson. | 我希望你幸福 杰克森 |
[23:49] | You deserve it. | 你值得幸福 |
[23:52] | But running the foundation? | 但运营整个基金会 |
[23:55] | I — I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[23:58] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[24:00] | You’re not that guy. | 你不是那个人 |
[24:02] | I don’t think you ever will be. | 我认为你将来也不会是 |
[24:11] | So, that’s it? I’m either gonna fail or quit? | 所以就这样了吗 我只能失败或者放弃吗 |
[24:13] | I’m sorry, Jackson. I didn’t — I didn’t mean that — | 对不起杰克森 我没有那个意思 |
[24:15] | Yeah, you did. That’s exactly what you meant. | 你就是这个意思 |
[24:18] | Ok– fine. Yeah. I did. | 好吧 我的确是这个意思 |
[24:21] | Jackson, you are a brilliant surgeon. | 杰克森 你是个出色的外科医生 |
[24:23] | You rebuild people’s faces, you rebuild their lives. | 你重建别人的脸 也重塑了他们的人生 |
[24:26] | You find a way to make them breathe | 在看似不可能的情况下 |
[24:27] | when — when it seems impossible. | 你也能找到办法让他们呼吸 |
[24:29] | You gave a little boy back his hands. | 你让一个小男孩重获他的双手 |
[24:31] | You prayed me back into the world | 你在我濒死的时候 |
[24:33] | when I was almost dead. | 为我祈祷 把我带回了这个世界 |
[24:35] | Y-You take out impossible tumors, | 你能取出无法治疗的肿瘤 |
[24:37] | and you make people walk out into the world | 你让病人能够昂首挺胸地 |
[24:39] | with their heads held high. | 在这个世界上生活 |
[24:41] | That’s where you’ve left your mark. | 这是你的成就 |
[24:44] | It’s what makes you exceptional. | 这才是你的特别之处 |
[24:46] | Wh– | 为什么 |
[24:48] | Why would you want to give all of that up? | 为什么你想放弃这一切 |
[24:50] | It’s not about what I want. It’s what I need to do. | 这无关我想要什么 而是我需要做什么 |
[24:52] | Well, you know what? It’s a little late to decide that. | 你现在这么想有点晚了 |
[24:54] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[24:55] | You don’t get to choose who I am in this world, April. | 你不能决定我如何活在这个世界上 艾普丽尔 |
[24:57] | Nobody does. Not my father, not Mom — nobody. | 没有人能决定 我的父母 任何人都不行 |
[25:00] | And you don’t get to choose your career over mine. | 那你也不能在你我的工作中选择自己 |
[25:02] | – That’s — – I am happy. | -那 -我很快乐 |
[25:03] | I’m helping people. I’m really helping them. | 我在帮助人们 我在实打实地帮助他们 |
[25:06] | I am building support systems | 我在为住在偏远地区的人们 |
[25:08] | and resources for people in rural communities, | 建立支持系统 提供资源 |
[25:10] | and they need so much, | 他们非常需要这些 |
[25:11] | and I can actually do that for them. | 而我恰好能为他们做到这些事 |
[25:14] | And you can keep doing that. | 你也可以继续做这些事 |
[25:15] | You can do it on an even bigger scale. | 你甚至可以扩大规模 |
[25:17] | You can do it across the country. | 在全国范围做这些事 |
[25:18] | I’m — You’re literally just gaining resources. | 你会获取很多资源 |
[25:21] | April, I am not trying to diminish your work. | 艾普丽尔 我不是要贬低你的工作 |
[25:23] | We have an opportunity | 我们现在有一个机会 |
[25:24] | to do something really amazing for all of us. | 为我们所有人做很棒的事 |
[25:26] | Matthew will go along with it. | 马修也会赞同的 |
[25:28] | He’ll follow you. | 他会追随你的 |
[25:30] | That’s why I like him so much. | 所以我这么喜欢他 |
[25:35] | Oh, God. | 我的天哪 |
[25:41] | You know what? You — You didn’t always have my back. | 知道吗 你并没有一直支持我 |
[25:48] | When I found what I needed in Jordan, | 当我在约旦找到我需要的东西的时候 |
[25:51] | you didn’t go with me. | 你并没有和我一起去 |
[25:52] | You left me alone. I went alone. | 你离开了我 我独自一人去了 |
[25:54] | April, that’s not fair. You ran away from me. | 艾普丽尔 这不公平 是你逃离了我 |
[25:57] | And Samuel and the pain and the grief, | 还有萨缪尔 疼痛和悲伤 |
[25:59] | which is understandable. | 这都可以理解 |
[26:02] | You know, I was resentful at the time, but I get it. | 当时我也充满怨恨 但我理解你 |
[26:06] | You were surviving. | 你在苦苦挣扎 |
[26:07] | You had to do what you had to do to survive. | 为了活着你必须这么做 |
[26:10] | But this isn’t that, anyway. | 但总之这件事不同 |
[26:12] | I’m not running from something. | 我不是在逃避什么 |
[26:14] | I’m trying to run to something. | 我是希望投身于某件事 |
[26:16] | Trying to make something my own. | 试着自己做出一些成就 |
[26:23] | It’s not fair, Jackson. | 这不公平 杰克森 |
[26:27] | If you had the opportunity to finally | 如果你有一个机会能终于 |
[26:31] | make it all make sense, | 把一切事情都想明白 |
[26:34] | to become what you were meant to be, | 有机会成为你命中注定的人 |
[26:37] | wouldn’t you try really, really hard to get there? | 难道你不会拼尽全力地尝试吗 |
[26:42] | I would. | 我会的 |
[26:45] | I did. | 我尝试过了 |
[26:47] | That’s all I’m asking for. | 这是我唯一的请求 |
[26:56] | I got it. | 我去吧 |
[27:10] | 99.3. | 37.4摄氏度 |
[27:11] | -Oh, good. Alright. -Yeah. | -那就好 -没错 |
[27:12] | So she’s a little more comfortable. | 她能舒服一点了 |
[27:13] | Yeah. She’s talking in her sleep. | 她在说梦话 |
[27:15] | – Oh, yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -对的 |
[27:16] | Anything good? | 有什么有趣的话吗 |
[27:18] | Just gibberish. | 都是胡话 |
[27:19] | She said, “Amananome.” | 她在说”阿葵葵” |
[27:22] | That is the sea anemone. | 那是海葵 |
[27:24] | She’s been waking me up the last few weeks | 过去几周 她每天早上都吵醒我 |
[27:26] | with a different sea creature fact. | 给我讲不同的海洋生物知识 |
[27:28] | Are they really “Facts,” though? | 真的是”知识”吗 |
[27:31] | In her head, they are. | 在她的脑海里的确是 |
[27:34] | It’s the best alarm clock, ever, I’ll tell you. | 我告诉你 这是最好的闹钟 |
[27:36] | Last week, she told me | 上周她告诉我 |
[27:38] | that she could hear “Werewoofs” throwing up in your basement. | 她听到你的地下室里有”狼人”在呕吐的声音 |
[27:41] | Really? I don’t even have a basement. | 是吗 我家都没有地下室 |
[27:42] | Oh, I’m aware. | 我知道 |
[27:43] | There’s no convincing her otherwise. | 但她就是不相信 |
[27:45] | So stubborn. | 好固执 |
[27:47] | Which I would say comes from her mother… | 我觉得是遗传了她妈妈 |
[27:48] | …but I think we both know… | 但我觉得我们都知道 |
[27:50] | – 50/50 split. – right down the middle. | -一半一半吧 -爸爸妈妈都遗传了一点 |
[27:53] | Yeah. I could never give that up going to Boston. | 我一定不会为了去波士顿而放弃这些 |
[27:56] | Sea creature alarm clocks, holding her when she’s sick. | 她的海洋生物知识闹钟 在她生病时抱着她 |
[27:58] | But I can’t walk away from this chance | 但我也不能放弃这个 |
[28:00] | to make real change in the foundation. | 真正改变基金会的机会 |
[28:01] | I mean, mom was able to do both. | 我的妈妈就兼顾了生活和工作 |
[28:05] | And I know in my gut, that I can, too. | 而且我发自内心地觉得我可以 |
[28:06] | I mean, I owe it to Harriet to try, at least. | 至少为了哈莉特 我也要试一下 |
[28:09] | – I know. – And I know I can’t do it all, | -我知道 -我知道我无法面面俱到 |
[28:11] | but, April, I am telling you, | 但艾普丽尔 我跟你说 |
[28:13] | I can take this foundation to a whole new chapter. | 我可以带领基金会开启一个全新的篇章 |
[28:16] | I mean, creating real racial equity in medicine. | 在医药领域实现真正的种族平等 |
[28:18] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[28:19] | It’s a revolutionary, lasting change. | 这是一场革命性的 持久的变化 |
[28:22] | I could look my daughter in the face | 我可以看着女儿的脸 |
[28:24] | and know that I’ve done everything I possibly can | 知道我已经竭尽所能地 |
[28:27] | to give her a better world. | 给她一个更好的世界 |
[28:28] | I know. I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[28:31] | I could do all that | 我可以兼顾那些 |
[28:32] | and — and be the father that mine never was. | 并当一个我父亲做不到的好爸爸 |
[28:38] | And all I need to do is turn my life upside down. | 我只需要让我的生活发生天翻地覆的变化 |
[28:58] | Puts a lot into perspective, huh? | 视野很宽阔吧 |
[29:05] | Yeah, I come out here every morning | 我每天早上都出来 |
[29:07] | just to take it all in. | 就是为了欣赏风景 |
[29:10] | Feel like I got a lot more thinking done | 感觉过去几天我在这里思考的东西 |
[29:12] | these last few days out here than probably all year. | 可能比一整年还要多 |
[29:19] | Might find it hard to believe, | 说来也许不信 |
[29:20] | but I’ve been thinking a lot about our last visit. | 但我一直在想我们上次见面的事 |
[29:24] | Everything you said. | 你说的每一句话 |
[29:27] | And the truth is, | 事实就是 |
[29:28] | I left because that’s what I do. | 我离开是因为我就是这样的人 |
[29:30] | I chose this place because it’s safe. | 我选了这个地方 因为很安全 |
[29:33] | Running the restaurant, bagging lunches, | 经营餐厅 打包午饭 |
[29:37] | none of it requires much of me. | 这些对我来说都不需要付出太多 |
[29:39] | I can walk away and not look back any time. | 我可以随时头也不回地离开 |
[29:45] | And just forget about who you’re leaving behind, yeah? | 然后忘掉你丢下的人 是吗 |
[29:47] | I was convinced you were better off without me. | 我当时相信没有我你会过得更好 |
[29:50] | Without a father? | 没有父亲 |
[29:51] | How would you think I’m better off without… | 你怎么会觉得我会过得更好 没有… |
[29:54] | my father never being there for any birthdays, | 我的父亲从来没有出现过 我的生日 |
[29:58] | any graduations? | 毕业典礼 |
[29:59] | That time I got beat up by Billy Paxton? | 我被比利·帕克斯顿打了 |
[30:03] | At my wedding? | 我的婚礼 |
[30:04] | The birth of my child, your granddaughter. | 我女儿 也就是你孙女出生 |
[30:08] | My divorce — maybe that would’ve been a good time | 我离婚 这或许是你介入 |
[30:09] | for you to step in and share some wisdom. | 分享一些智慧的好时机 |
[30:13] | A hug, I don’t know. | 一个拥抱 我不知道 |
[30:14] | Help me make some decisions? | 帮我做一些决定 |
[30:16] | It’s not like it was a few months, man. | 你离开了并不是几个月 |
[30:20] | Or a year or 10 years. It’s my entire life. | 或一年 或十年的事 是一辈子 |
[30:23] | – How could you think that’s better? – In my father’s eyes, | -你怎么会觉得这样更好呢 -在我父亲眼里 |
[30:26] | I was the screw-up in the family, | 我是家里的败类 |
[30:27] | and I absorbed that story. | 我相信了这一看法 |
[30:29] | Maybe I became it. | 也许我还变成了这种人 |
[30:30] | And I didn’t want to pass that down to you. | 我不想把这一点传给你 |
[30:33] | I did not want to mess you up. | 我不想搞砸你的生活 |
[30:38] | Congrats. | 恭喜啊 |
[30:39] | I get that now. | 我现在明白了 |
[30:40] | I hurt a lot of people. | 我伤害了很多人 |
[30:43] | You, your mother. | 你 你母亲 |
[30:46] | And to have found out I have a granddaughter that I… | 发现我有一个孙女… |
[30:52] | may never meet… | 可能永远见不到… |
[30:53] | Yeah, well, it didn’t have to be that way, did it? | 本来可以不用这样的 对吗 |
[30:56] | You’re absolutely right. | 你完全正确 |
[30:57] | So I buy her presents. | 所以我给她买了礼物 |
[30:59] | An art set, a basketball, tricycle, board games. | 一套艺术用品 一个篮球 一辆三轮车 桌游 |
[31:03] | What are you saying? And you didn’t send them? | 你说什么 你没有寄出去 |
[31:04] | I don’t have the right. | 我没权利 |
[31:06] | I don’t deserve… | 我不配… |
[31:08] | to take your time, be in your space. | 花你的时间 占用你的空间 |
[31:13] | Not one day has passed | 离开你 |
[31:16] | that I haven’t regretted leaving you. | 我每一天都在悔恨中 |
[31:18] | It haunts me in my sleep, | 它成为我的梦魇 |
[31:21] | when I wake up in the morning. | 早上醒来时 |
[31:23] | And I am truly, truly sorry. | 我感到非常 非常抱歉 |
[31:25] | And yet I know an apology will never make up for it. | 但是我明白道歉永远无法弥补 |
[31:28] | And I have to live with that. | 我必须忍受这一切 |
[31:31] | I will never get over it. | 我永远都过不了这一关 |
[31:35] | Oh, Jackson. | 杰克森 |
[31:37] | Crossroads like this, you don’t arrive at them often, | 这样的十字路口 你不会经常面对 |
[31:39] | but I know you will be okay, | 但我知道你会没事的 |
[31:42] | no matter what road you choose. | 不管你选择哪一条路 |
[31:45] | I’m still an Avery, right? | 我还是艾弗里家的人 对吗 |
[31:47] | I still find some way to… | 我还是能找到某种方式… |
[31:49] | walk away from it all. | 去逃避一切 |
[31:50] | Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. | 苹果总掉在离树不远处[有其父必有其子] |
[31:51] | Isn’t that what they say? | 人们不都是这么说的吗 |
[31:54] | – Nice. That’s great. – No, I’m sorry. | -很好 不错啊 -很抱歉 |
[31:57] | I just thought that was funny. | 我只是觉得很好笑 |
[31:58] | I’m the tree, you’re the apple. | 我是树 你是苹果 |
[32:01] | Do you really think that? | 你真的这么觉得吗 |
[32:03] | I’m sitting here, aren’t I? | 我正坐在这里 不是吗 |
[32:04] | Jackson, let me assure you, you are not me. | 杰克森 我向你保证 你不是我 |
[32:07] | The fact that you’re even questioning your choices | 你怀疑你的选择这一事实 |
[32:09] | is proof of that. | 就是证明 |
[32:11] | And if that’s not enough, | 如果这还不够 |
[32:12] | you are committed, Jackson. | 你很尽心尽力 杰克森 |
[32:14] | Committed to your work, to your family, | 你对工作 家庭 |
[32:16] | to people in need. | 对需要帮助的人都如此 |
[32:20] | And I know sometimes you want to run away from it all, | 我知道你有时候想逃避 |
[32:22] | but anybody with any sense does that. | 但任何有理智的人都会产生这种想法 |
[32:25] | It’s very different | 这和真正逃避 |
[32:26] | from actually following through with it. | 很不一样 |
[32:30] | I was scared. | 我那时很害怕 |
[32:32] | I’m scared. | 我也怕 |
[32:33] | Yeah, but you’re scared of doing the wrong thing. | 但你是怕做错事 |
[32:37] | I was too scared to do the right thing. | 我当时很害怕 不敢做正确的选择 |
[32:42] | You’re not a runner. | 你不是逃避者 |
[32:43] | If you were, you would have been long gone by now. | 如果你是的话 你早就不知道去哪了 |
[32:46] | Do you know how easy it would have been | 你知道 基金会的事曝光后 |
[32:47] | for you to walk away from everything | 你大可以 |
[32:48] | after it all came out about the foundation? | 丢下一切不管 |
[32:51] | Did you even consider it? | 你有想过吗 |
[32:55] | Not really, no. | 没想过 |
[32:56] | Of course not. | 你当然没有 |
[32:57] | ‘Cause you have it in your soul to do the right thing, | 因为你在灵魂深处就是要做正确的事 |
[33:00] | to make things right. | 要拨乱反正 |
[33:02] | And you didn’t just fix a disaster, you made it better. | 你不仅补偏救弊 你还让情况变得更好 |
[33:05] | So if you don’t want to stay, don’t. | 所以如果你不想留下来 就别留 |
[33:09] | But don’t blame it on me. | 但别怪到我头上 |
[33:13] | ‘Cause on your worst day, | 因为在你最糟糕的那天 |
[33:15] | you are 10 times the man I am. | 你也比我强十倍 |
[33:39] | Jackson? | 杰克森 |
[33:40] | – Come in. – I can’t stay. | -快进来 -我没法留下来 |
[33:41] | Honey, it’s pouring out here. | 亲爱的 外面正下着瓢泼大雨 |
[33:43] | Here, Mom. | 我是说这里 妈 |
[33:43] | I mean, I can’t stay at Grey-Sloan in Seattle. | 我没法留在西雅图的格蕾-斯隆医院 |
[33:46] | I can’t keep doing what we’ve always done. | 我没法继续做我们一直在做的事 |
[33:48] | You know how many people of color | 你知道疫情开始后 |
[33:49] | we’ve already lost since the pandemic started? | 已经有多少黑人去世了吗 |
[33:51] | The system keeps diminishing and erasing us. | 这个体系一直在削弱和抹杀我们 |
[33:53] | T-They’re literally letting people just die in the streets, | 他们任由人们病死街头 |
[33:55] | and we can do something about it. | 而我们可以为此做点什么 |
[33:56] | I got to show Harriet that we can put our money | 我得让哈莉特看看 我们可以把我们的钱 |
[33:58] | and our attention where our mouths are. | 和注意力放在我们所宣称的地方 |
[34:00] | And we can acknowledge the connection between our work | 我们可以把我们的工作 |
[34:02] | and what’s actually happening in the streets | 和街上实际正发生的事联系起来 |
[34:03] | and give a sense of equity in this world, okay? | 在这世界创造一种公平的感觉 好吗 |
[34:06] | It’s not gonna change after COVID. | 这在新冠以后也不会改变 |
[34:08] | We know that. | 我们都清楚 |
[34:10] | White supremacy is woven into the fabric of this country, | 白人至上主义已融入了这个国家的结构 |
[34:13] | and that means medicine, too. | 医疗行业也是如此 |
[34:15] | People that look like us | 我们这样的人 |
[34:16] | should not have to be gaslit, shamed, and ignored | 去看病时 不该被精神压迫 |
[34:18] | when they’re just going to the doctor, | 被羞辱 或被忽视 |
[34:19] | constantly having to prove that their lives have any value. | 不必总得证明他们的生命有价值 |
[34:22] | It’s like this constant cycle of stress | 这种来自贫穷 创伤和种族主义的 |
[34:24] | from poverty and trauma and racism, | 持续循环的压力 |
[34:26] | and it’s definitely impacting mental health — | 肯定会影响心理健康 |
[34:29] | it’s definitely killing us. | 绝对会杀了我们 |
[34:31] | Where are people supposed to turn? | 人们该求助于谁 |
[34:32] | They don’t feel safe going to the doctor. | 他们觉得去看病不安全 |
[34:33] | They’re scared to call the cops. | 他们害怕报警 |
[34:35] | This is like a deep-seated neglect. | 这就像种根深蒂固的忽视 |
[34:37] | And if our deaths are not affecting their profit margin, | 如果我们的死不会影响他们的利润 |
[34:40] | then it’s not gonna change. | 那就不会有任何改变 |
[34:45] | I want to take over the foundation. | 我想接管这个基金会 |
[34:47] | – What? – I want to reallocate every penny that we have | -什么 -我想重新分配我们在医疗方面 |
[34:49] | to equity in medicine — | 投入的每一分钱 |
[34:50] | women’s health, trans health, racial equity. | 妇女健康 变性人健康 种族平等 |
[34:53] | I want everyone who this country abuses | 我希望所有被这个国家虐待的人 |
[34:55] | to be served, okay? | 都能得到服务 好吗 |
[34:56] | We need to challenge all the ways that we teach, | 我们必须挑战我们现有的所有教学方法 |
[34:59] | everything that we’re doing. | 和现在所做的一切 |
[35:01] | If that means dismantling the whole medical system | 如果这意味着解散整个医疗系统 |
[35:03] | a-and — and designing something that actually serves everyone, | 并筹建一个真正为所有人服务的系统 |
[35:06] | then that’s what I want to do. | 那么这就是我想做的 |
[35:07] | I-I see that now. I’m ready. | 我现在明白了 我准备好了 |
[35:08] | Jackson, where have you been? | 杰克森 你去了哪里 |
[35:11] | It doesn’t even matter anymore, Mom. | 这不再重要了 妈 |
[35:12] | It matters that I’m back and I know where I belong. | 重要的是我回来了 我知道我属于哪里 |
[35:15] | I gotta go. I love you. | 我得走了 爱你 |
[35:17] | Where on God’s earth are you going now? | 你现在要去哪里 |
[35:19] | I got to go talk to April. | 我得去跟艾普丽尔谈谈 |
[35:20] | What?! Jackson… | 什么 杰克森 |
[35:29] | Here we go. Yummy! | 开吃吧 真好吃 |
[35:31] | Are you gonna go with crazy fork? | 你要用叉子吗 |
[35:34] | Pancakes go in your belly. | 煎饼要落入你的肚肚里了 |
[35:38] | Why do you always go for the big ones? | 你为什么总挑大的那些 |
[35:39] | Take all the small pieces, alright? | 挑那些小块的 好吗 |
[35:42] | You want to cut your own little piece? | 你想自己切小吗 |
[35:43] | – A small one. – What are you doing — | -一块小的 -你在做什么 |
[35:44] | a small one this time, that’s soaked up in syrup? | 这次挑个小块的 那块泡在糖浆里的怎么样 |
[35:47] | Extra syrup? | 还要加糖浆吗 |
[35:48] | There she is. | 她来了 |
[35:50] | – There she is. – Hi! | -她过来了 -你好 |
[35:52] | Mommy! | 妈妈 |
[35:56] | No fever. | 不发烧了 |
[35:57] | Oh, good, good, good. | 好 很好 太好了 |
[36:00] | I want orange juice. | 我想喝橙汁 |
[36:01] | Yeah, you can have some orange juice. | 好的 你可以喝点橙汁 |
[36:03] | You want me to get it for you, baby? | 你想让我帮你倒吗 宝贝 |
[36:04] | No, I get it myself. | 不 我自己倒 |
[36:06] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好吧 -好吧 |
[36:08] | Go ahead, baby. | 去吧 宝贝 |
[36:10] | Are you gonna unscrew the top and pour it? | 你要拧开盖子倒出来吗 |
[36:17] | You are that guy, Jackson. | 你就是那个人 杰克森 |
[36:20] | I was an ass for saying otherwise. | 我昨天说你不是真太差劲了 |
[36:22] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[36:25] | Pillows in every room. | 每个房间里都有枕头 |
[36:27] | They come in handy. | 它们很有用 |
[36:29] | Hey, are you sure about this? | 你确定要这样做吗 |
[36:32] | I’m not sure it’s gonna work, but… | 我不确定这是否可行 但是 |
[36:34] | I’m sure it’s what I want, yeah. | 我很肯定我想这样 |
[36:36] | Why is our timing always so terrible? | 为什么我们的时机总是这么糟 |
[36:39] | I thought that was kind of our thing — bad timing. | 我想时机不对正是我们的特点 |
[36:41] | We just never figured out | 我们永远没法搞清 |
[36:42] | how to want the same thing at the same time. | 如何在同一时间想要相同的东西 |
[36:45] | Even with Harriet. | 哪怕是对哈莉特 |
[36:46] | Yeah, but, I mean, it worked out pretty well. | 对 但结果挺不错 |
[36:49] | Yeah, but we were fighting, | 是的 但我们过去一直在争吵 |
[36:51] | and then we had sex | 然后我们会上床 |
[36:52] | while our marriage was falling apart. | 而我们的婚姻却在分崩离析 |
[36:55] | That was actually our thing — | 这其实正是我们的特点 |
[36:56] | arguing until we were blue in the face and then having sex. | 吵得面红耳赤 然后再上床 |
[36:58] | Yeah, I guess we were doomed, huh? | 是啊 我猜我们注定如此 对吗 |
[37:01] | Look, if you’re really living your dream here, | 听着 如果这真是你梦想中的生活 |
[37:05] | I’ll give it up, because you’re right. | 我会放弃 因为你说得对 |
[37:06] | I’m totally springing it on you guys. | 我给了你们一个大意外 |
[37:08] | No. What? | 不 什么 |
[37:09] | You do not get to do all the speeches and the convincing | 你说了那么多 劝了我那么久 |
[37:12] | and that thing where your face just lights up | 然后你又突然脸上闪着光 |
[37:15] | just to take it all back again. | 要取消这一切 |
[37:16] | Don’t take it all back. | 别收回你的话 |
[37:18] | You deserve this. | 你值得这一切 |
[37:20] | Wait. What are you saying? | 等等 你在说什么 |
[37:22] | I am saying… | 我在说 |
[37:25] | …we will make Boston work. | 我们会去波士顿 |
[37:28] | I’m saying yes. | 我同意了 |
[37:30] | What? You’re saying yes? | 什么 你同意了 |
[37:32] | To my question, you’re saying yes? | 我的想法 你同意了 |
[37:33] | I’m saying — Yeah. I thought that’s what you wanted. | 我是说 是的 那不就是你期望的吗 |
[37:35] | Yeah, but — Yes? | 对 但是 就同意了吗 |
[37:37] | Like, I didn’t think it would be that easy. | 我以为不会这么轻松 |
[37:40] | I’m sorry. You call this night easy? | 什么意思 昨晚那一宿很轻松吗 |
[37:41] | No, not — not easy like that, | 不是 不是那种轻松 |
[37:42] | but, like, I thought you’d have to pray | 我以为你得祷告一番 |
[37:46] | or consult with Matthew, maybe get your pastor involved, | 或者和马修商量一下 可能还要咨询你们的牧师 |
[37:49] | – some additional praying… – Yeah. Yeah. Matthew will be fine. | -不停祷告 -是啊 马修不会有意见的 |
[37:52] | Alright, well, when does he get back? | 是吗 那他什么时候回来 |
[37:53] | I can help with the pitch. I can talk to him. | 我可以帮你说服他 我可以跟他好好谈谈 |
[37:54] | – What do you want me to…? – Uh, no. No. No. | -你需要我做… -不 不 |
[37:57] | No, that’s a horrible and weird idea… | 不 这个主意很可怕很奇怪 |
[37:59] | – Yes. – …obviously. | -是的 -很显然 |
[37:59] | Um, but tell him that I can help him with work. | 但请转告他工作上的事情我可以帮忙 |
[38:02] | I’ll make sure everything is arranged for him and for Ruby. | 我保证把他和露比的所有事情都安排妥当 |
[38:04] | We split up. | 我们分手了 |
[38:18] | We kept trying to tell ourselves that our whole winding road | 我们不停告诉自己我们经历的艰辛 |
[38:22] | was God’s plan to bring us back together. | 都是上帝让我们重逢的计划 |
[38:26] | But he was still so angry and so hurt. | 但他还是特别愤怒特别痛苦 |
[38:30] | I mean, I left him at the altar, and then his wife died. | 我在婚礼上弃他而去 然后他妻子又死了 |
[38:33] | You know, you don’t just stop feeling hurt | 你劝自己上帝让我们在苦难中相遇 |
[38:36] | ’cause it’s a better story | 这么说虽然很好听 |
[38:37] | if God brought us together in our pain. | 但不可能真的抹平痛苦 |
[38:41] | He denied it for so long. | 长久以来他都拒绝面对 |
[38:43] | You know, he tried so hard not to hate me. | 他努力着不去恨我 |
[38:46] | I think loving me, making us a full circle | 我觉得爱着我 让我们圆满 |
[38:49] | was the story he was writing. | 是他劝说自己的方法 |
[38:52] | I mean, I guess it was the story we were both writing. | 我猜我们都是在这样劝说自己 |
[38:54] | I mean, I was trying to get past my guilt. | 我在努力放下我的愧疚 |
[38:56] | He was — He was trying to forgive God | 他在 努力原谅上帝 |
[38:58] | for the loss of Karin. | 害他失去了卡琳 |
[39:04] | But, y-you know, ultimately, we learned that… | 但是 最终 我们意识到 |
[39:10] | …life just isn’t always so tidy. | 生活不会永远一帆风顺 |
[39:17] | And God’s plan isn’t always so easy to understand. | 上帝的计划也不一定总是容易理解 |
[39:22] | He’s always been so good with Harriet, | 他一直对哈莉特都很好 |
[39:24] | and I adore Ruby, | 我也很喜欢露比 |
[39:25] | but we both started working longer hours, | 但我们都开始主动加班工作 |
[39:27] | just avoiding coming home. | 为了逃避回家 |
[39:29] | And then, his sister got sick. She lives in Philadelphia. | 后来他姐姐病了 她住在费城 |
[39:31] | So he and Ruby went to Philadelphia to be with her, | 所以他带着露比去费城找她了 |
[39:34] | and…now she’s better, | 现在她的病好多了 |
[39:36] | uh, but they’re still in Philadelphia. | 但他们仍然在费城 |
[39:40] | And… | 并且 |
[39:43] | they are not coming back. | 他们不打算回来了 |
[39:49] | I had no idea. | 我都不知道 |
[39:52] | Yeah, I mean, I was gonna tell you, | 是啊 我原本想告诉你的 |
[39:53] | but, you know, hundreds of thousands of people were dying. | 但是 成百上千的人在死去 |
[39:56] | I just didn’t think my marriage counted as a casualty. | 我觉得我的婚姻比起来不值一提 |
[40:01] | And you were maybe a little too proud to tell me? | 并且也许你的自尊不允许你告诉我 |
[40:05] | Yeah, fine. | 是啦 |
[40:06] | I was a little — a little too proud. | 我的自尊不允许我告诉你 |
[40:11] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[40:16] | It’s hard to say. | 很难说 |
[40:20] | But… | 不过 |
[40:22] | it looks like I’m moving to Boston. | 我要搬去波士顿了 |
[40:26] | So… | 那么 |
[40:29] | Fingers crossed for new horizons. | 为新的天地祈祷 |
[40:33] | Fingers crossed for new horizons. | 为新的天地祈祷 |
[40:38] | No one said it was easy, | 没人说这很容易 |
[40:40] | becoming the person you’re meant to be. | 成为你注定要成为的人 |
[40:45] | It takes bravery a step into the power you found | 需要迈出勇敢的一大步 拥抱你寻获的能力 |
[40:48] | and earned and deserve. | 斩获的权力和应获的力量 |
[40:53] | He’ll come back. | 他会回来的 |
[40:55] | And you’ll visit, and he’ll visit. | 你可以去看他 他也会来看你 |
[40:58] | I know. | 我知道 |
[40:59] | You know, it’s okay to be sad. | 感到难过也没关系 |
[41:01] | It’s hard handing over something you put your life into. | 将你奉献毕生的事业交出去确实很难过 |
[41:05] | I’m not sad. | 我不是难过 |
[41:08] | It’s just, like, I never in my life | 我是 这辈子 |
[41:13] | felt pride quite like this. | 从没像这样骄傲过 |
[41:30] | The trick is, to take the people who were there for you, | 关键一点 要和支持着你的人一起 |
[41:34] | with you. | 同行 |
[41:35] | To remind you you’re not alone. | 提醒你不孤单 |
[41:37] | It’s gonna take a few days, | 还得需要几天时间 |
[41:38] | figure out what to tell the chief. | 我要想想怎么跟主任说 |
[41:41] | Feels weird to say Boston. | 波士顿 这词念起来挺不顺口 |
[41:45] | Feels like a… | 感觉就像 |
[41:48] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[41:49] | It feels “I don’t know” to me, too. | 我也有这种”我不知道”的感觉 |
[41:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:57] | Mommy, Daddy! | 妈妈 爸爸 |
[42:00] | I got it. You go. | 我来 你走吧 |
[42:02] | Get ready to go. | 快去准备去新天地了 |
[42:07] | You have an entire legacy behind you | 在你开始打拼自己的天地时 |
[42:10] | as you create your own. | 身后早有前人的整片天地支持着你 |