时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | When researchers studied the way surgeons make decisions in the OR | 研究人员发现 外科医生进行手术决策时 |
[00:10] | they found newer surgeons tend to rely | 新手医生更为依赖 |
[00:12] | on the standard operating procedures they learned in school. | 他们在医学院学习的标准手术流程 |
[00:15] | I don’t like this one. | 我不喜欢这家 |
[00:18] | You haven’t even seen it. Keep an open mind. | 你都还没参观呢 要保持开放心态 |
[00:20] | I did that in New York and New Hampshire. | 我在纽约和新罕布什尔时试过开放了 |
[00:22] | Brookline STEAM has one of the best science programs in the country. | 布鲁克林STEAM中心有全国一流的科学项目 |
[00:26] | And, you know, Harvard Medical School is just right down the street. | 哈佛医学院就在这条街的尽头 |
[00:29] | I want to stay in Seattle. It was so much better there. | 我想留在西雅图 那里好多了 |
[00:32] | You said the kids at SEA-TAC Science were snobby. | 你说西雅图塔科马科技学校的学生很势利 |
[00:36] | It wasn’t that bad. | 也没那么糟 |
[00:39] | Are you feeling worried? | 你感觉担忧吗 |
[00:41] | Do you need to take some deep breaths? | 需要深呼吸吗 |
[00:42] | No, I just want to go home. | 不 我只想回家 |
[00:44] | This isn’t a punishment. | 这不是惩罚 |
[00:46] | You are an extremely gifted child. | 你是极有天赋的孩子 |
[00:48] | You are going to do great in a school | 只有去一所学生同样有天赋的学校 |
[00:51] | where other kids are as gifted as you. | 你才能发挥自我 |
[00:53] | And we can check out the aquarium after. | 我们一会还可以去看看水族馆 |
[00:55] | Zola, we’re in Boston. | Zola 我们现在在波士顿 |
[00:58] | You’re signed up to shadow. | 你报名参加学校参观了 |
[00:59] | Let’s just check it out | 我们一起好好考察 |
[01:01] | so you can make an informed decision. | 这样你才能做出明智的决定 |
[01:03] | To make sure I hate it. | 才能确定我是真的讨厌 |
[01:05] | If you hate it, you never have to come back here again. | 如果你讨厌 我们就再也不来了 |
[01:07] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[01:08] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[01:11] | It makes sense. | 这是合理的 |
[01:13] | Newer surgeons have limited experience to fall back on. | 新手医生无法求助于经验 |
[01:17] | But seasoned surgeons are more intuitive. | 有经验的医生则更相信直觉 |
[01:21] | They mine from years of practice | 他们行医多年 |
[01:23] | to make quick and effective decisions. | 能够做出迅速有效的决策 |
[01:25] | What about in your brown jacket? | 找过你的棕色夹克吗 |
[01:27] | Go look. | 去看看 |
[01:28] | And put your dad on. | 让你爸接电话 |
[01:30] | Instead of looking for his lucky baseball card | 如果不是找他的幸运棒球卡 |
[01:32] | Henry could be using this time to actually study for his math test. | Henry就能把时间用来复习数学考试了 |
[01:38] | Oh, good. Crisis averted. | 好极了 避免危机了 |
[01:41] | Okay, babe, I’ll see you tomorrow. | 好的 宝贝 明天见 |
[01:43] | I love you. Bye. | 我爱你 拜拜 |
[01:45] | Sorry about that. | 抱歉 |
[01:46] | I’m all too familiar with the “Mom, I can’t find it” emergencies. | “找不到东西先找妈”的场景 我太熟悉了 |
[01:50] | Was it in the brown jacket? | 真在棕色夹克里吗 |
[01:51] | Of course it was in the brown jacket. | 当然在里面了 |
[01:53] | We know where everything is. | 我们清楚各种东西的位置 |
[01:55] | It’s our mom superpower. | 这是妈妈的超能力 |
[01:57] | I mean, you’d think they’d be more impressed that we’re doctors. | 我还以为医生的身份会更让他们崇拜呢 |
[01:59] | Please. Tuck couldn’t care less. | 才不会 Tuck根本不在乎 |
[02:01] | But Cynthia is thrilled we’re coming. | 不过我们能去 Cynthia倒是很开心 |
[02:04] | Yeah, how do you know her, again, med school? | 你怎么认识她的来着 在医学院吗 |
[02:06] | Oh, no, college. She was my first-year roommate. | 是本科啦 她是我大一的室友 |
[02:09] | Grew up in Chicago. | 她在芝加哥长大 |
[02:11] | I thought she was very cosmopolitan. | 我当时觉得她可见多识广了 |
[02:13] | How’d she wind up running a clinic in Pullman? | 那她怎么跑到普尔曼开诊所了 |
[02:15] | Uh, her husband got a job teaching music at the university. | 她丈夫在这里的大学教音乐 |
[02:19] | Oh. She likes it? | 她喜欢这里吗 |
[02:21] | Well, Pullman, Washington, is no Chicago | 普尔曼当然不像芝加哥 |
[02:23] | but she loves running the clinic. | 但她喜欢开诊所 |
[02:26] | And she loves having a couple of doctors coming to volunteer even more. | 她更喜欢有医生来志愿帮忙 |
[02:30] | Patients from Idaho have been flooding the place | 自从爱达荷州限制堕胎后 |
[02:32] | ever since the state restricted abortion. | 那边的病人全部涌过来了 |
[02:35] | Okay, should be coming up here. | 应该就是这里了 |
[02:39] | The more experience we have | 经验越丰富 |
[02:40] | the less likely we are to be thrown when we encounter complications. | 遇到并发症时 我们越不会懵逼 |
[02:45] | We can shift gears more easily when it’s needed. | 可以根据需要去改变方案 |
[02:47] | Oh, come on! | 不是吧 |
[03:08] | Babies don’t choose abortion! | 婴儿不想被堕胎 |
[03:12] | You’re stopping a beating heart! | 你们在阻止一颗心脏跳动 |
[03:14] | Hey, you’re terminating lives, and you know it. | 你们很清楚 你们在终结生命 |
[03:16] | – Just keep moving. – You’re killing babies. | – 我们走 – 你们在杀害婴儿 |
[03:18] | You’re a baby killer ’cause abortion is murder! | 你们是婴儿杀手 堕胎就是谋杀 |
[03:21] | And you took an oath to do no harm! | 你们宣誓过不去伤害的 |
[03:24] | You took an oath! | 你们宣誓过的 |
[03:27] | 720P iTunes: wss0427 | |
[03:31] | 第05集 穷极思变 | |
[03:38] | Hey. How was the bus? | 嘿 公交车怎么样 |
[03:41] | Fine, but I took it for a reason. | 还行 但我坐公交是有原因的 |
[03:43] | I know. I can’t say good morning? | 我知道 说”早上好”都不行吗 |
[03:46] | You did, right after you woke me up | 你说过了 是你把我叫醒 |
[03:48] | to make lunches for Ellis and Bailey. | 让我给Ellis和Bailey准备午饭的 |
[03:49] | I really appreciate you helping out while Meredith is out. | Meredith不在 我很感谢你能搭把手 |
[03:51] | I worked three 16-hour days in a row. | 我连续三天每天工作16小时 |
[03:53] | I’d just fallen asleep. | 我刚睡着 |
[03:55] | Can we not talk about this here? | 我们可以别在这里聊这些吗 |
[03:57] | Oh, I have an epidural hematoma. | 我有一位硬膜外血肿的病人 |
[03:58] | Can you take him to daycare? | 你能送他去日托吗 |
[04:00] | No, I have rounds. | 不 我还要查房 |
[04:02] | I have an emergency. | 我有紧急情况嘛 |
[04:03] | I would ask any trusted intern to do this | 我可以随便找一个信任的实习生去做 |
[04:06] | and I assure you, they would be more than happy to help the chief of neuro. | 我保证 他们都很乐意帮助神经外科主任的 |
[04:10] | I will let them know that you’re coming. | 我跟他们说你马上过去 |
[04:12] | Okay, bye, baby. | 拜拜 宝贝 |
[04:17] | So, where’s daycare? | 日托在哪里啊 |
[04:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:24] | Oh, it’s so good to see you. | 见到你真是太好了 |
[04:27] | So, how long has this clinic been open? | 这间诊所经营多长时间了 |
[04:29] | 45 years. | 45年了 |
[04:30] | Last year, we provided more than 2,000 patients | 去年 我们帮助了超过2000名患者 |
[04:33] | with birth control, prenatal care | 提供避孕节育 产前护理 |
[04:35] | abortion care, STD testing | 人工流产 性病检查 |
[04:37] | cancer screening, pizza parties. | 癌症筛查 披萨聚会 |
[04:41] | Come on. Look outside, guys. | 别这样 你们看看门外 |
[04:43] | Let me at least crack a joke. | 开开玩笑总可以吧 |
[04:44] | Well, it seems like there’s plenty of demand. | 好吧 貌似需求很大啊 |
[04:46] | Yeah, we added a construction trailer when Roe was overturned | 是啊 罗诉韦德案推翻以后 我们增加了拖车 |
[04:49] | and I moved our staff offices and break room | 把办公室和休息室挪出去了 |
[04:52] | so we could convert more space for these exam rooms. | 腾出更多空间 改造成检查室 |
[04:55] | Smart. | 聪明 |
[04:56] | Okay. Cynthia also somehow fit a full-size couch | 说起来 上学时 Cynthia把一个大沙发 |
[05:00] | in our dorm room, and a mini fridge. | 还有一个小冰箱 都塞进宿舍了 |
[05:01] | Yeah, well, I can figure out space | 是啊 我是空间管理大师 |
[05:03] | but without volunteers like you | 但如果没有你们这样的志愿者 |
[05:05] | coming from Seattle and Spokane, I’d be sunk. | 从西雅图和斯波坎来支援 我早就完蛋了 |
[05:09] | Alright. Put us to work. | 好吧 我们开工吧 |
[05:11] | Okay, these are the patients who are ready to be seen. | 这是马上可以看诊的患者 |
[05:14] | These are the patients who have not been seen. | 这是还没有处理的 |
[05:17] | It’s a low-tech operation | 技术含量不高 |
[05:18] | but somehow it gets the job done. | 但是管用 |
[05:20] | – Okay. – Okay. | – 好的 – 好的 |
[05:21] | Have fun! | 你们加油哦 |
[05:22] | If that couch could talk… | 如果沙发可以说话… |
[05:28] | Is this where the family reunion is happening? | 这是家庭团聚的场景吗 |
[05:31] | And by “family”, I mean my #workfamily. | “家庭”是指”工作大家庭” |
[05:33] | – You want a photo? Let’s get one. – I don’t, actually. | – 想拍照吗 我们自拍呀 – 不想呢 |
[05:36] | Good morning, Tom. I see you haven’t changed. | Tom 上午好呀 真是一点都没变 |
[05:38] | Well, you might want to stop by ophthalmology, seventh floor east wing | 我建议你去东区七楼眼科看看 |
[05:41] | because I’ve toned the glutes and the abs. | 我可是猛练臀和腹肌了呢 |
[05:43] | No, Bostonians are noticing. | 无人不知 无人不晓 |
[05:44] | I haven’t heard that. | 我没听说过 |
[05:45] | Catherine, you look radiant as ever. Shall we? | Catherine 你一如既往的光彩照人 我们走吧 |
[05:48] | Where are you two going? | 你们要去哪 |
[05:49] | We got a little project. | 有一个小项目 |
[05:50] | You want to elaborate? | 能详细说说吗 |
[05:52] | Oh, it’s not your business. | 跟你没关系 |
[05:53] | Well, I run the foundation, so actually it is. | 我在管理基金会 怎么能没关系呢 |
[05:56] | I’ll loop you in when the time is right. | 时机合适的时候 我再告诉你 |
[05:59] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[06:03] | Should I text you to tell you I’m here? | 是不是来之前要先给你发信息呀 |
[06:08] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[06:08] | Tell me everything. | 快跟我说说 |
[06:10] | Can we go up to your office | 能去你的办公室吗 |
[06:11] | so that I can have my nervous breakdown in private? | 我不想在大庭广众精神崩溃 |
[06:21] | Okay, Jessica, do you have enough prenatal vitamins? | 好了 Jessica 产前维生素还够吗 |
[06:26] | They’re still free. | 还是免费的哦 |
[06:27] | – I could use more. – Okay. | – 可以多准备些 – 好的 |
[06:30] | Okay, come back in two weeks, yeah? | 两周以后再来 好吗 |
[06:31] | Um, great. I made all my appointments weeks ago. | 好啊 我提前好几周就预约了 |
[06:34] | It’s too hard to get in here otherwise. | 不然根本挤不进来 |
[06:35] | Alright, take good care. | 好吧 多保重 |
[06:36] | I loved my “measure and listen” appointments | 我怀Tuck的时候 |
[06:39] | when I was pregnant with Tuck. | 最喜欢做超声 听胎心 |
[06:40] | My favorite part about being an OB. | 作为产科医生 也是我最喜欢的 |
[06:42] | So, what have you had so far? | 你的进度怎么样了 |
[06:43] | Um, I did consults with six women | 我问诊了六名女性 |
[06:46] | who wanted medication abortions. | 她们想做药物流产 |
[06:48] | – I gave pills to five. – Did someone need a D&C? | – 给五个人开了药 – 有人需要清宫吗 |
[06:51] | They changed their mind. | 她们不想了 |
[06:54] | We are making progress. | 进展不错呀 |
[06:59] | Progress is neither swift nor easy. | 进步的路途 道阻且长 |
[07:03] | Marie Curie. | 居里夫人的名言 |
[07:05] | First woman to win the Nobel Prize. | 第一个赢得诺贝尔奖的女性 |
[07:07] | Think she knew what she was talking about. | 她说得可真对 |
[07:10] | Dad-o. | 霸霸 |
[07:12] | Uh, yeah, I got him. | 好好 我马上找 |
[07:13] | He’s in there somewhere. | 就在包里的 |
[07:15] | – Dad-o. – Yeah, I’m looking for him. | – 霸霸 – 知道了 正在找呢 |
[07:19] | Ah, here’s Dad-o, here’s Dad-o. | 这里 霸王龙在这 |
[07:20] | Aw, damn it. | 该死 |
[07:21] | Crap. | 糟糕 |
[07:22] | I mean, whatever, whatever. | 算了 没事没事 |
[07:24] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:33] | You getting out? | 你要下电梯吗 |
[07:35] | No. You? | 不啊 你呢 |
[07:38] | Going down. | 我要下楼 |
[07:51] | – Wow. – He’s Lincoln’s. | – 哇哦 – 是Lincoln的娃 |
[07:54] | And Shepherd’s. We know what’s up. | Shepherd是他妈 我们知道 |
[07:55] | I’m just dropping him off at daycare. | 我就是把他送去日托 |
[07:57] | Shepherd had an emergency and needed a favor. | Shepherd有急事 让我帮忙 |
[08:00] | Wonder what other kinds of favors he does for her. | 你还帮过她什么忙哦 |
[08:02] | What’s that? | 你说什么 |
[08:04] | You going to the lunch-and-learn today? | 你今天去不去午餐学习会 |
[08:06] | Dad-o. | 霸霸 |
[08:07] | Oh, my God, he just called you Dad. | 天啊 他叫你爸爸 |
[08:09] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[08:10] | It’s his dino. | 是霸王龙的意思 |
[08:12] | He can’t say “dino”. | 他说不完整 |
[08:18] | – Alright. – Isn’t the daycare two floors up? | – 到了 – 日托还有两层才到 |
[08:20] | Uh, stairs are good exercise. | 爬楼梯对身体好 |
[08:29] | I miss paper. | 我太想念纸张了 |
[08:30] | Same. | 我也是 |
[08:32] | Except, at least with e-records, I can read my own notes. | 但是电子病历 更方便记笔记 |
[08:35] | I’ve got a 39-year-old with a cesarean-scar ectopic pregnancy. | 有一位患者 39岁 剖宫产瘢痕异位妊娠 |
[08:40] | C-section scar? | 剖宫产瘢痕吗 |
[08:42] | Yes, the fetus can attach to the scar on the uterine wall. | 是啊 胚胎可能在子宫壁的瘢痕处着床 |
[08:45] | Her OB found it on an ultrasound this morning. | 上午做超声检查时 产科医生发现了 |
[08:47] | He wouldn’t remove it. They’re in Idaho. | 但医生拒绝手术 因为爱达荷州禁止堕胎 |
[08:49] | It’s a life-threatening case, so there should be an exception. | 性命攸关啊 应该特殊处理的 |
[08:52] | There’s cardiac activity. He didn’t want to take the risk. | 已经有胎心了 而且医生不想冒风险 |
[08:55] | The law is confusing. | 法律模棱两可 |
[08:57] | Nobody wants to be the first one to lose their license | 没人愿意破例 否则会被吊销执照 |
[08:59] | or be charged with a felony. | 甚至面临牢狱之灾 |
[09:00] | Alright. I’ll see her. Which room? | 好吧 交给我吧 她在哪个房间 |
[09:02] | Across the border in Moscow. | 在爱达荷州的莫斯科镇 |
[09:05] | She called from the OB’s parking lot. | 她在产科诊所的停车场打来电话 |
[09:07] | Also, her car won’t start. | 她的车也坏了 |
[09:10] | You wanted to help. | 想帮她一把吗 |
[09:12] | I’ll get the keys. | 我去拿车钥匙 |
[09:17] | What do you mean “panic attacks”? | 焦虑症发作 是什么意思 |
[09:19] | You know, she gets dizzy, her body shakes | 她会头晕目眩 身体发抖 |
[09:23] | she has trouble breathing. | 呼吸困难 |
[09:24] | How often is this happening? | 发作的频率怎么样呢 |
[09:26] | Often enough. | 经常发作 |
[09:28] | I mean, her grades are slipping. | 她的成绩开始下滑 |
[09:29] | She can’t relate to her friends. | 也没法跟朋友相处 |
[09:31] | Because she’s scared of Alzheimer’s? | 因为她害怕阿尔茨海默症吗 |
[09:35] | I mean, she’s very bright | 她非常聪明的 |
[09:37] | and she’s under-stimulated at school | 一般学校无法匹配她的能力 |
[09:39] | and her mind goes in 17 different directions at one time. | 她的思维可能同时向17个方向发散 |
[09:44] | And she’s very aware that Ellis died of early-onset Alzheimer’s. | 她知道 Ellis死于早期阿尔茨海默症 |
[09:47] | And so of course her mind goes there. | 所以当然了 她肯定会害怕 |
[09:50] | She’s afraid that I will get it, that Maggie will get it. | 她害怕我会患病 害怕Maggie会患病 |
[09:53] | Alright. So, how you handling it all? | 好吧 那你怎么处理的呢 |
[09:54] | Therapy or… | 去看心理医生吗 |
[09:55] | We go to therapy once a week. | 每周去看一次 |
[09:57] | But it’s not enough. | 但是还不够 |
[09:58] | I mean, she has severe anxiety, and I completely missed it. | 她有严重的焦虑 但我之前完全忽略了 |
[10:01] | She was always my cheerful child. | 她总是开开心心的 |
[10:03] | I never had to worry about her. | 我从来没有担心过她 |
[10:05] | Right. So you didn’t. | 是啊 你没操过心 |
[10:08] | I just want to help her. | 我就是想帮助她 |
[10:10] | I just want to comfort her. | 我就是想安慰她 |
[10:12] | I don’t know what to do. I am so exhausted. | 我不知道该怎么办 我太累了 |
[10:14] | I stay up every night | 我每天晚上熬夜 |
[10:16] | just reading pages and pages and pages about Alzheimer’s, thinking | 看了一篇篇阿尔茨海默症的文献 心里想着 |
[10:20] | “Oh, if I cure Alzheimer’s, I can help Zola.” | “如果我治愈了阿尔茨海默症 就能帮到Zola” |
[10:22] | Ridiculous. | 太可笑了 |
[10:24] | Makes absolutely no sense. | 简直是天方夜谭 |
[10:25] | It’s ridiculous, I know, but I just feel powerless and… | 很可笑 我知道 但是我很无助… |
[10:31] | …I hate that feeling. | 我很讨厌这种感觉 |
[10:33] | What if it wasn’t ridiculous? | 如果不是天方夜谭呢 |
[10:35] | What? | 什么 |
[10:36] | What if you try to cure Alzheimer’s? | 如果你努力治愈阿尔茨海默呢 |
[10:44] | Henry Henry. | |
[10:45] | Baseball emoji, smiley face, sunflower. | 棒球表情 笑脸 向日葵 |
[10:48] | I’m going to interpret that as affection. | 我要解读为喜爱的意思 |
[10:50] | Wait ’til he’s a teenager | 等他长到十几岁吧 |
[10:52] | and you just get letters… | 你就只能收到缩略语了 |
[10:53] | B-R-B… | “马上回” |
[10:55] | …I-D-K, and the enigmatic K-K. | “我不造” 还有神秘的”哦啦哦啦” |
[10:58] | Why the two K’s? | 怎么连着两遍 |
[11:00] | Tuck claims it’s more respectful. | Tuck声称这样更显尊重 |
[11:02] | But, you know, what do I know? | 可是 我又懂什么呢 |
[11:03] | I’m just his chauffeur. | 我就是他的司机而已 |
[11:05] | Speaking of which, I can take over driving. | 说起来 我来开吧 |
[11:07] | I like to drive. | 我喜欢开车 |
[11:08] | It’s 20 minutes to Moscow. | 离莫斯科镇就20分钟了 |
[11:11] | Never thought I’d have to drive across state lines | 从没想过我还得开车跨州 |
[11:14] | to pick up a patient. | 去接患者 |
[11:16] | Feels like we’re on the lam. | 感觉跟潜逃出境似的 |
[11:19] | The medical Thelma and Louise. | 《末路狂花》医生版 |
[11:22] | Didn’t they drive off a cliff? | 她俩开到悬崖底下去了吧 |
[11:23] | Bonnie and Clyde. | 《雌雄大盗》怎么样 |
[11:25] | Shot to death. | 被枪杀了 |
[11:26] | Bailey and Addison? | 那就Bailey和Addison吧 |
[11:29] | American heroes. | 美国英雄 |
[11:36] | Is it okay if Kyle picks her up after five? | Kyle五点后接她可以吗 |
[11:39] | I really appreciate it. | 非常感谢 |
[11:41] | No. | 不 |
[11:43] | I’ll be fine. | 我没事的 |
[11:44] | Yeah. You’re doing plenty. | 对 你帮得够多了 |
[11:47] | Oh, they’re here. | 她们到了 |
[11:48] | – I gotta go. – Susan? | – 先挂了 – Susan吗 |
[11:49] | – Dr. Montgomery? – Yes. That’s me. | – Montgomery医生吗 – 是我 |
[11:51] | Thanks so much for the ride. | 感谢来接我 |
[11:53] | I didn’t realize the clinic was such a full-service operation. | 我没想到诊所服务这么完善 |
[11:56] | Well, Dr. Bailey is also a surgeon. | 其实 Bailey女士也是医生 |
[11:58] | Yeah, this is just our side hustle. | 对 这只是我俩的副业 |
[12:00] | – Water? – Ah, yes. Thank you. | – 喝水吗 – 好的 谢谢 |
[12:02] | Seat belts. | 系好安全带 |
[12:05] | Are you sure no one needs an assist in the O. R.? | 您确定手术室不需要帮忙吗 |
[12:06] | Or…pit? | 或者急诊室呢 |
[12:08] | The square knot is the foundation for all knots. | 平结是所有打结的基础 |
[12:11] | 15 minutes a day is a good investment in time. | 每天15分钟的练习非常值得投入 |
[12:15] | Damn it. Too loose. | 该死 太松了 |
[12:18] | Yeah, your guy’s still bleeding. | 是哦 你的患者还在出血 |
[12:21] | Oh, I hope that’s not his face. | 哎呀 希望那不是他的脸 |
[12:22] | – Or his liver. – Or his heart. | – 或者肾 – 或者心脏 |
[12:25] | 911 9-1-1. | |
[12:26] | – Oh, God forbid it’s someone who needs stitches. – Something good? | – 希望不是需要缝合的人 – 有好病例吗 |
[12:28] | – I don’t know yet. – The pit? | – 还不知道 – 急诊室吗 |
[12:29] | Scout Lincoln在日托有紧急情况 | |
[12:31] | Yeah, something like that. | 啊 差不多吧 |
[12:34] | You sure your son hasn’t got us figured out? | 你确定你儿子还没发现我俩的事吗 |
[12:37] | – Did he seem suspicious of you? – How could he not be? | – 他看着有在怀疑你吗 – 怎么不会呢 |
[12:40] | I’m a Greek sculptor’s dream, and you’re only human. | 吾乃希腊雕塑家之梦 尔等不过凡人 |
[12:42] | – Oh, please. – No. | – 拜托哦 – 说真的 |
[12:43] | Sneaking around with the boss’s mom | 跟老板的老妈鬼鬼祟祟一起走 |
[12:45] | is not gonna help my performance review. | 并不能给我的表现评价加分吧 |
[12:47] | This is between you and me. | 这就是我俩之间的事 |
[12:48] | Don’t let Jackson get all up in your head. | 别被Jackson扰乱了你的思绪 |
[12:50] | Oh, so, what you’re saying is we’re gonna have to kill him. | 所以 你是说我们得杀掉他 |
[12:53] | Be serious, Tom. | 认真点 Tom |
[12:54] | Okay, fine. I’ll kill him myself. | 好 行 我自己动手 |
[12:56] | But you got to deal with your husband. | 但你可得对付你丈夫 |
[12:58] | Tom, could you just please tell me about my scans? | Tom 你就直接告诉我检查结果吧 |
[13:04] | It’s not the news we wanted. | 不是我们希望的消息 |
[13:06] | So, the tumor is bigger? | 所以肿瘤更大了吗 |
[13:08] | Two millimeters. | 两毫米 |
[13:09] | Two millimeters? That’s nothing. | 两毫米 无所谓啦 |
[13:11] | It’s not “nothing.” It’s growing. | 有所谓的 它在长大 |
[13:15] | – How you feeling? – The same. | – 你感觉怎么样 – 一样 |
[13:18] | Mostly well. Occasional pain. | 大多数时间挺好 偶尔疼痛 |
[13:19] | Two millimeters isn’t worth this conversation. | 两毫米根本不值得这么多口舌 |
[13:22] | Catherine, two months ago, we did a scan | Catherine 两个月前 我们也做过检查 |
[13:24] | and we noted your tumor had grown. | 那时候就发现肿瘤在增长 |
[13:26] | And? | 所以呢 |
[13:27] | And you said if it grew further, you’d consider more treatment. | 你说了 如果再增长 你会考虑接受更多治疗 |
[13:30] | – I know what I said. – And it grew. | – 我知道我说了什么 – 它长大了 |
[13:31] | Two millimeters. | 两毫米 |
[13:33] | Your son thinks you’re still in remission. | 你儿子以为你还在缓解期 |
[13:35] | – It’s two millimeters! – It’s not remission. | – 两毫米而已 – 那就不算是缓解 |
[13:38] | You need more treatment. | 你需要更多治疗 |
[13:40] | And you need to talk to your husband and your son | 也必须告诉你丈夫和你儿子 |
[13:42] | and let them know what’s going on. | 让他们知道你的情况 |
[13:43] | And you need to remember that my name is on this building. | 你必须记着 这栋大楼上刻着我的名字 |
[13:46] | So I’ll be the one to decide what I need. | 所以我才能决定我需要什么 |
[14:01] | I got a text about Scout Lincoln. | 我收到有关Scout Lincoln的信息 |
[14:02] | Something about an accident? Is he okay? | 发生什么意外了吗 他还好吗 |
[14:04] | He’s fine. He’s just wet. | 他挺好 就是尿了 |
[14:07] | We used his backup clothes last week | 我们上周给他换了备用衣服 |
[14:08] | – and we never got new ones. – Okay… | – 一直没送干净的过来 – 好吧 |
[14:10] | We tried his parents, but they’re both in surgery. | 我们试过联系家长 两位都在手术中 |
[14:12] | We had your information from this morning. | 今早你送来时 留过联系方式 |
[14:14] | What? So I’m supposed to… | 什么 所以我就要… |
[14:15] | A few parents have found clothes at the gift shop. | 有些家长在礼品店买过合适的衣服 |
[14:18] | I’m sure you don’t want him to be uncomfortable. | 你肯定也不想他不舒服吧 |
[14:25] | Tina’s bringing Emily home with Colette | Tina会带Emily和Colette一起回家 |
[14:27] | so you can pick her up there after work. | 所以你可以下班之后去接她 |
[14:30] | I canceled the piano lesson | 我把钢琴课取消了 |
[14:32] | and can you pick up fruit snacks and Pirate’s Booty? | 你能去买水果干和泡芙球吗 |
[14:35] | It’s our week to bring the snacks to soccer. | 这周轮到我们带零食去踢球了 |
[14:37] | Martha said she’ll come get me when I’m done. | Martha说等我检查完了 她会来接我 |
[14:39] | I’ll be fine. | 我没事的 |
[14:40] | Love you, too. Bye. | 我也爱你 拜 |
[14:43] | What’d I do with my keys? | 我的钥匙呢 |
[14:46] | I had them when you picked me up, right? | 你们接我时 我拿着了吧 |
[14:48] | I’m sorry. I don’t remember. | 抱歉 我不记得了 |
[14:49] | Don’t be. | 不用抱歉 |
[14:51] | I’m usually ready for anything | 本来我很有条理的 |
[14:52] | but ectopic pregnancy wasn’t on my calendar. | 但这次异位妊娠完全是计划之外 |
[14:56] | It kinda threw me. | 我现在一团糟 |
[14:57] | Totally understandable. | 完全理解 |
[15:02] | Bracelets. | 手链 |
[15:04] | My daughter makes them. | 我女儿做的 |
[15:05] | Take one. Heck… | 拿一条 哎呀 |
[15:07] | Take two, please. | 两条给你们 |
[15:09] | She’s made enough for everyone this side of the Mississippi. | 她做的手链已经够密西西比河这边每人一条了 |
[15:13] | But it keeps her busy when I’m trying to get ready for work. | 但能让她忙起来 不打扰我收拾去上班 |
[15:15] | We get it. We have kids. | 我们懂的 我们也有孩子 |
[15:17] | How old’s your daughter? | 你的女儿多大了 |
[15:19] | Five. | 五岁了 |
[15:20] | She turns six next week. | 下周就六岁了 |
[15:22] | Ooh, sweet. | 太可爱了 |
[15:24] | She only asked for, one present… | 她只想要一个生日礼物… |
[15:26] | a sister. | 一个妹妹 |
[15:29] | She’s been calling the baby Sundae | 她一直把宝宝叫圣代 |
[15:31] | ’cause she loves ice cream. | 因为她喜欢吃冰淇淋 |
[15:34] | I can still get pregnant after this, right? | 我之后还能怀孕的 对吗 |
[15:38] | It’s hard for me to know without doing further imaging tests. | 如果不做进一步的影像检查 是很难判断的 |
[15:42] | But it is possible. | 不过有这种可能性 |
[15:50] | Dr. Montgomery? | Montgomery医生 |
[15:52] | This is bad, right? | 这是不是很糟糕 |
[16:00] | IDH inhibitors, CDK inhibitors, immune checkpoint inhibitors… | IDH抑制剂 CDK抑制剂 免疫检查点抑制剂… |
[16:04] | Please. I’m not one for inhibition. | 拜托 我不喜欢用抑制剂 |
[16:05] | And historically I’ve been grateful for that. | 之前的我很感谢这一点 |
[16:07] | But these trials have really… | 但这些临床试验表明… |
[16:08] | I’ve already done one of these. | 我已经做过免疫治疗了 |
[16:10] | – And it helped. – It helped. | – 而且有效 – 是有效 |
[16:12] | But it made me feel like absolute hell. | 但让我感觉生不如死 |
[16:14] | I said I would consider more treatment. | 我是说我会考虑接受更多治疗 |
[16:16] | I did. It’s not what I want. | 我也做了 但不是我想要的 |
[16:18] | Okay, so don’t do it for you, do it for me. | 好吧 这次不为自己 就当为了我 |
[16:20] | If you think about it, you really owe me one. | 想想看 这次是你欠我的 |
[16:21] | I’m getting help, if that makes you feel any better. | 我在接受帮助了 希望能安慰到你 |
[16:24] | I met a medicine man in Bali. | 我在巴厘岛见了一位医师 |
[16:26] | I met a shaman in Peru. | 在秘鲁见了一位萨满 |
[16:28] | I learned all about energy medicine and frequency medicine | 学了能量医学和频率医学的知识 |
[16:31] | medicines that don’t make me feel like I’m suffering. | 这些疗法不会让我觉得像在受罪 |
[16:34] | That’s because they don’t work. | 那是因为这些都没用 |
[16:36] | According to you. | 那是你的想法 |
[16:37] | I have an acupuncturist who’s done more for my pain | 有一位针灸师减轻了我的痛苦 |
[16:40] | than any pill you ever prescribed. | 比你开的那些药都管用 |
[16:42] | And studies show that Reiki will reduce pain | 研究也发现灵气是可以减轻疼痛的 |
[16:44] | and it can improve post-op recovery. | 还能帮助术后恢复 |
[16:47] | – Catherine, please… – Tom. | – Catherine 你听我说… – Tom |
[16:49] | I know you mean well. | 我知道你是好心 |
[16:52] | And you’ve been carrying my secret. | 也一直替我保守秘密 |
[16:56] | But this is my cancer. | 但得癌症的人是我 |
[16:58] | This is my choice. | 这是我自己的选择 |
[17:03] | Got it. | 找到了 |
[17:05] | This group of neuroscientists from Brussels… | 这群布鲁塞尔的神经科学家 |
[17:07] | they applied for a grant to expand their research | 申请了一笔资金 想扩大他们的研究 |
[17:10] | on the connection between Alzheimer’s and… | 用于研究阿尔茨海默症和… |
[17:12] | Gut microbial composition. I’ve read studies on it. | 肠道微生物的关系 我读过相关报告 |
[17:15] | There are also some that link gut integrity | 也有一些研究肠道完整性 |
[17:18] | with brain plaque production and neuro-inflammation. | 与脑斑块形成和神经炎症之间的联系 |
[17:20] | I saw this all in the Parkinson’s research. | 我做帕金森治疗研究的时候看到过 |
[17:23] | Of course. | 也是 |
[17:24] | You already know more than the group who applied for the grant. | 你已经比申请资金的这群人懂得更多了 |
[17:26] | It’s your areas of specialty… gut and brain. | 也是你的专业领域 肠道和大脑 |
[17:29] | Yeah. It’s all theoretical. | 是的 都只是理论设想 |
[17:31] | Like you didn’t just do a record-breaking study | 你也刚完成了一项史无前例的研究 |
[17:32] | on Parkinson’s based on something that was initially theoretical? | 攻克帕金森 最初也是理论设想呀 |
[17:35] | Come on. You should do this. | 来吧 你应该去做做看 |
[17:36] | We could help fund it. | 我们可资助你 |
[17:38] | And we got facilities, equipment, tech. | 我们有设施和技术 |
[17:40] | We have this amazing partnership with MIT’s brain science program. | 还跟麻省理工的脑科学项目有很好的合作关系 |
[17:43] | They could be a resource. | 他们可以提供资料 |
[17:44] | You should just fund the people from Brussels. | 你就该直接资助布鲁塞尔的那群人 |
[17:47] | They’re not you! | 他们不是你 |
[17:48] | Meredith Grey studying the disease that killed her mother? | Meredith Grey研究母亲死因的疾病 |
[17:50] | That’s a story that would get funding | 这种故事才能拿到资金 |
[17:52] | and funding is what cures diseases. | 有了资金资助 才能治疗疾病 |
[17:53] | This is exciting. | 多好啊 |
[17:55] | What’s going on? Where’d you go? | 怎么了 你想什么呢 |
[17:57] | Zola was miserable this morning. | Zola今天早上很难受 |
[17:59] | And I could never move to Boston if she didn’t want to. | 如果她不想来波士顿 我是不会搬过来的 |
[18:03] | I mean, she’s been through so much. | 她经历得够多了 |
[18:06] | So much trauma. | 太多创伤了 |
[18:08] | She lost her birth family, her birth country | 她的亲生父母和国土都离她而去了 |
[18:11] | her father died, I almost died. | 她爸去世了 我也差点没了 |
[18:14] | You know, all of that stuff is… | 现在所有这些都… |
[18:17] | is just now coming to the surface. | 开始在她身上显现出来了 |
[18:20] | I really need to focus on her. | 我需要把重点放在她身上 |
[18:23] | Okay. I hear you. | 好的 我明白了 |
[18:24] | I love you both. | 我很爱你们俩 |
[18:27] | Not exactly gonna give up on this entirely, okay? | 我也不会就这么轻易放弃 好吗 |
[18:29] | Not just yet. | 暂时还没有 |
[18:30] | When did you become so relentless? | 你什么时候变得这么无情了 |
[18:32] | When I took this job. | 从我接受这份工作以后 |
[18:37] | 9-1-1. What’s your emergency? | 911 请问有什么紧急情况 |
[18:38] | Yes, this is Dr. Miranda Bailey. | 我是Miranda Bailey医生 |
[18:40] | I have a 39-year-old female | 我这里有一位39岁女性 |
[18:43] | with a ruptured ectopic pregnancy on a cesarean scar. | 剖腹产疤痕上的异位妊娠破裂 |
[18:46] | She’s alert and oriented, but hemorrhaging. | 意识清醒 但是大出血 |
[18:49] | Pulse is weak. Abdomen is rigid and distended. | 脉搏微弱 腹肌紧张 伴随腹胀 |
[18:52] | We are in a blue Grey-Sloan van on Highway 270. | 我们在270号高速 格蕾斯隆医院的蓝色面包车 |
[18:56] | Can you send an ambulance? | 能派一辆救护车来吗 |
[18:58] | – On its way. – Thank you. | – 在路上了 – 谢谢 |
[18:59] | How’s it going back there? | 怎么样了 |
[19:00] | We’re okay. | 没事 |
[19:02] | Doing okay, Susan. | 没事的 Susan |
[19:04] | What are you looking for? | 你在找什么 |
[19:05] | Uterine balloon tamponade? | 子宫球囊填塞 |
[19:07] | Not gonna find one in there. | 你找不到的 |
[19:08] | My OB just said I was okay. | 我的产科医生之前说我没事 |
[19:10] | Well, it’s difficult to predict | 异位妊娠很难预测会不会破裂 |
[19:12] | if or when an ectopic pregnancy will rupture, Susan. | 以及什么时候破裂的 Susan |
[19:15] | This looks like a lot of blood. | 看上去出血很多 |
[19:16] | Is this a lot of blood? | 是不是有很多血 |
[19:17] | The pregnancy invaded the muscle layers | 妊娠侵入到肌肉层了 |
[19:20] | and likely tore open the uterine incision | 可能撕裂子宫的手术切口了 |
[19:22] | which is why we have to… Ha! | 所以我们需要…有了 |
[19:24] | – What is that? – A Foley catheter. | – 那是什么 – 弗利氏导尿管 |
[19:26] | If I insert this into your vagina and inflate it | 如果我将其插入阴道 然后充气 |
[19:29] | the pressure against your uterus will slow the bleeding. | 对子宫造成的压力能减缓流血 |
[19:31] | – Is that okay? – Is it safe? | – 可以吗 – 安全吗 |
[19:33] | It’s safer than letting you keep bleeding. | 比一直出血要安全 |
[19:34] | Yeah. Okay, do it. | 好的 来吧 |
[19:36] | Just… make it stop. | 把血止住就好 |
[19:37] | Okay. I’m inserting it. | 我在插入导管 |
[19:38] | Okay. Try to hold still. | 好了 尽量别动 |
[19:39] | Bailey, no sudden moves. | Bailey 车开稳 |
[19:41] | Could I have prevented this if I didn’t get the C-section? | 要是没做剖腹产 是不是就不会发生这种事了 |
[19:44] | You didn’t do anything wrong. C-sections are safe. | 你没做错任何事 剖腹产是安全的 |
[19:47] | This kind of ectopic pregnancy is extremely rare. | 这种异位妊娠是极其罕见的 |
[19:50] | – You doing okay? – Uh-huh. | – 你还好吗 – 嗯哼 |
[19:51] | Okay, I’m gonna inflate the balloon now. | 我现在要给气囊充气了 |
[19:53] | You’re gonna feel a little bit of pressure. | 你会感觉到一点压力 |
[19:56] | Hold still. You got it. | 别动 你可以的 |
[19:59] | Okay. | 好了 |
[20:00] | That should buy us a little bit of time. | 这能替我们争取一点时间 |
[20:03] | And how much time? | 多少时间 |
[20:08] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[20:16] | – Do you want a bag? – No, I’m good. | – 需要袋子吗 – 不用 |
[20:17] | Oh, good luck with that. I asked Schmitt for a day off. | 祝你好运 我上次找Schmitt请假 |
[20:19] | He looked at me like I killed his dog. | 他看我的眼神 就像我把他的狗杀了 |
[20:21] | – Uh, a bag, I need a bag. – Oh, hey, Skywalker! | – 我要一个袋子 – 嘿 天行者 |
[20:24] | Hey. What are you doing here? | 嘿 你来这里干什么呢 |
[20:27] | Getting snacks. | 买零食 |
[20:28] | Apparently the vending machine is too lowbrow for Dr. Kwan. | 对Kwan医生来说 自动贩卖机显然太低端了 |
[20:31] | – Yogurt-covered pretzels? – I need brain food. | – 酸奶脆饼干怎么样 – 我需要补脑的食物 |
[20:33] | Cashews and almonds. | 腰果和杏仁 |
[20:34] | Ah, is that what powers that ego? | 那些能滋养你的自大吗 |
[20:37] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[20:38] | – Uh, same. – $32.75. | – 跟你们一样 – 32.75块 |
[20:40] | Wow. That is a lot of snacks. | 哇 买了不少零食嘛 |
[20:41] | I… Geez. | 我…糟了 |
[20:44] | I forgot my wallet in my locker. | 我把钱包忘在储物柜了 |
[20:45] | I’ll spot you, but I get your next appy. | 我可以借你 但下一台阑尾切除术归我 |
[20:49] | Hey, that’s my… | 嘿 那是我的… |
[20:53] | I may be wrong, but I think these are a little too small. | 我不太确定 但我觉得你穿太小了吧 |
[20:56] | They’re not for me. They’re for the… | 不是给我的 是给… |
[20:58] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[21:00] | Daddy Daycare? | 奶爸日托吗 |
[21:02] | – Oh, Schmitt. – Oh, Schmitt. | – 哎呀 是Schmitt – Schmitt |
[21:06] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[21:08] | I’ll let him know that you have child care issues. | 我会跟他说你要带娃 |
[21:13] | Should I get another bag, or… | 需要我再拿一个袋子 还是… |
[21:17] | Yeah, and you were interested in neuro | 你本来对神经外科有兴趣 |
[21:18] | and you set that aside for Derek. | 但因为Derek放弃了 |
[21:20] | Oh, it was a bit more complicated than that. | 也不是这么简单的 |
[21:23] | Like how hard it was to choose general surgery because of Ellis? | 就像因为Ellis而选择普外那么复杂吗 |
[21:26] | I wish I could make one decision in my life | 我希望这辈子能做一个决定 |
[21:28] | where people didn’t bring Ellis into it. | 别人可以不再把Ellis扯进来 |
[21:30] | A couple years ago | 几年前 |
[21:32] | I actually got to spend some time with my father. | 我跟我爸待了一段时间 |
[21:35] | Realized my entire life he had loomed so large. | 我意识到 一直以来 他的形象都很伟岸 |
[21:38] | He was this… mountain of a man. | 就像山一样 |
[21:40] | And I spend some time with him, I realize he’s just some guy. | 跟他待过一阵以后 我意识到他只是普通人 |
[21:42] | With wasted potential and regrets and flaws. | 有没发挥的潜能 也有遗憾和缺点 |
[21:45] | You didn’t want to be like him. | 你不想变得跟他一样 |
[21:47] | The scary part is, I wasn’t that different. | 最恐怖的是 我没有那么不同 |
[21:49] | I mean, I was living in cruise control, you know? | 我的意思是 我活在定速巡航中 你懂吗 |
[21:50] | I wasn’t fulfilling my potential. | 没有发挥自己的潜能 |
[21:53] | Feeling that similarity to him was painful. | 意识到自己很像他 其实挺痛苦的 |
[21:55] | But it also propelled me forward. | 但也激励我往前走了 |
[21:56] | I mean, I’m happier here | 我在这里更开心了 |
[21:58] | doing something I’m passionate about. | 对自己做的事充满激情 |
[22:00] | Maybe it’s not an accident that you’re up all night researching Alzheimer’s. | 也许你通宵研究阿尔茨海默症并不是一个意外 |
[22:03] | Or you’re feeling so much pain about Zola. | 你对Zola的事感到痛苦 也不是巧合 |
[22:05] | Maybe it’s all these pieces of your life coming together. | 也许是因为你生命中的所有碎片拼在一起了 |
[22:08] | I kinda think you’re having a breakthrough | 我觉得你正在经历一场突破 |
[22:10] | rather than a breakdown. | 而不是崩溃 |
[22:12] | – Relentless. – No. | – 太无情了 – 没有吧 |
[22:13] | I’m just being a friend, alright? | 我只是把你当朋友好不好 |
[22:16] | I’ve seen you push through so many things before | 我见过你咬牙挺过太多事了 |
[22:18] | and ignore them. | 然后选择去遗忘 |
[22:20] | I’m just saying that this might be something you don’t want to push through. | 我只想说 这可能是你不想咬牙挺过去的东西 |
[22:22] | I think you should let it help you grow. | 我觉得你应该让它帮助你成长 |
[22:26] | Once upon a time, I did want to cure Alzheimer’s. | 曾经有一度 我确实想治愈阿尔茨海默症 |
[22:29] | – Exactly. – But what if it fails? | – 这就对了 – 要是失败了呢 |
[22:31] | – Oh, it’s probably gonna fail. – Right. | – 很可能会失败 – 对吧 |
[22:33] | But, I mean, you could definitely move the needle. | 但起码你绝对可以带来改变 |
[22:34] | That means something. | 那也是有意义的 |
[22:36] | Zola sees that her mom is doing everything she can | Zola会看到她妈妈竭尽全力 |
[22:38] | to cure Alzheimer’s. | 去治愈阿尔茨海默症了 |
[22:39] | I mean, that’s pretty amazing. | 那是很了不起的 |
[22:47] | Do you see an accident? | 你看见事故地点吗 |
[22:49] | An ambulance? | 救护车呢 |
[22:50] | No. Nothing. | 没有 什么都没 |
[22:52] | How much longer will the catheter hold? | 导管还能撑多久 |
[22:53] | Not sure. | 不确定 |
[22:55] | Susan Susan? | |
[22:57] | Susan, stay with me, hey? | Susan 坚持住 |
[22:59] | Okay? Talk to me. | 好吗 跟我说说话 |
[23:00] | Tell me… | 跟我说说… |
[23:02] | Tell me about Emily’s birthday party. | 跟我说说Emily的生日派对 |
[23:04] | It’s a spa party. | 是水疗派对 |
[23:06] | I don’t know where she got the idea. | 我不知道她怎么想到这主意的 |
[23:08] | But her teenaged cousins are coming to… | 但她十几岁的表姐们 |
[23:10] | to paint the kids’ nails. | 会来给小朋友们涂指甲油 |
[23:12] | And she wants a coffee cake. | 她想要一个咖啡蛋糕 |
[23:15] | Like the kind from school. | 就像学校里那种 |
[23:18] | I haven’t baked it yet. | 我还没有烤 |
[23:22] | I need to be okay. | 我不能有事 |
[23:24] | I need to bake her cake. | 我还要给她烤蛋糕 |
[23:27] | I want to see her turn six. | 我想看着她过六岁生日 |
[23:30] | I want to see her lose her front teeth | 我想看她换门牙 |
[23:33] | and learn how to read. | 学习阅读 |
[23:36] | I want to teach her how to drive | 我想教她开车 |
[23:40] | and send her off to prom. | 送她去毕业舞会 |
[23:44] | I want to drop her off at college | 我想送她去上大学 |
[23:47] | and miss her every day ’til she comes home for summer. | 每天都想她 直到她放暑假回来 |
[23:52] | I want to… | 我想… |
[23:55] | I want to watch her fall in love. | 我想看着她坠入爱河 |
[23:58] | I want to see her start her first real job. | 我想看她找到第一份真正的工作 |
[24:04] | I want to be there for all of it. | 我全都不想错过 |
[24:07] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[24:09] | I’m not ready to go. | 我还没准备好离开 |
[24:12] | I’m not ready to go. I’m not… | 我还没准备好 我还没… |
[24:16] | Susan Susan? | |
[24:19] | Susan Susan! | |
[24:22] | – What? – I can’t feel a pulse. | – 怎么了 – 她没有脉搏了 |
[24:24] | I’m starting CPR. | 我要做心肺复苏了 |
[24:25] | I’m pulling over. | 我靠边停车 |
[24:28] | 9-1-1. What’s your emergency? | 这里是911 请问有什么紧急情况 |
[24:30] | This is Dr. Miranda Bailey calling again | 我是Miranda Bailey医生 再次打来 |
[24:32] | about a patient hemorrhaging | 病人大出血 |
[24:34] | from a ruptured ectopic pregnancy on Highway 270. | 异位妊娠破裂 我们正在270号高速上 |
[24:37] | She’s coding. We’re starting CPR. | 她心脏停跳了 我们在做心肺复苏 |
[24:39] | We need immediate help! | 需要紧急医疗救援 |
[24:41] | We dispatched an ambulance, but there’s a significant accident. | 已经派救护车过去了 但是有严重交通事故 |
[24:44] | Road is stopped in both directions. | 道路双向都堵车了 |
[24:46] | Hopefully we’ll be there soon. | 希望救护车能尽快到达 |
[25:18] | She’s bleeding into her abdomen. | 血流进腹腔了 |
[25:21] | She’s in hypovolemic shock. | 她现在处于低血容量性休克 |
[25:23] | The compressions won’t do anything | 不给她输血 |
[25:26] | without giving her more blood. | 按压也没什么用 |
[25:27] | If I stop, her heart stops. | 如果我停下来 她的心脏就会停跳 |
[25:30] | She has no pulse. | 她没有脉搏了 |
[25:32] | I’m not stopping. | 我不能停 |
[25:33] | Addison Addison. | |
[25:34] | – She’s gone. – No. | – 她没救了 – 不行 |
[25:36] | Addison Addison. | |
[26:01] | Time of death,13:34. | 死亡时间 13:34 |
[26:22] | That stuff keep you up at night? | 你晚上不会睡不着吗 |
[26:24] | Herbal tea. No caffeine. | 这是花草茶 不含咖啡因 |
[26:25] | Ah, I meant consistently lying to your friends and family. | 我是说你这样一直瞒着家人和朋友 |
[26:29] | Tom, I thought we were done with this conversation. | Tom 我以为咱们已经聊完这个话题了 |
[26:32] | Well, persistence is part of my charm. | 坚持不懈是我的魅力点之一 |
[26:35] | You can’t fault me for trying. | 你不能怪我试着劝一下 |
[26:37] | My friend’s life is at stake. | 毕竟朋友的生命危在旦夕 |
[26:40] | I spent the last six months traveling abroad. | 过去六个月 我都在国外旅行 |
[26:43] | And everywhere I went, all I thought was | 不论身处何地 我的脑子里都是 |
[26:46] | “Thank God I’m not in an oncology ward.” | 谢天谢地 我不在肿瘤科病房里 |
[26:49] | If I stay the course without chemo | 如果不做化疗 也能病情稳定 |
[26:51] | I’ll have a few good years left. | 我就还能有几年好日子 |
[26:54] | I want to spend them living. | 我想利用这几年好好生活 |
[26:57] | If the cancer gets more aggressive | 如果癌症恶化了 |
[26:59] | if there’s some promising new option | 或者出现不错的新疗法 |
[27:00] | maybe I’ll change my mind. | 我也许会改变想法 |
[27:04] | But if I’m gonna be stuck in a hospital | 如果我必须待在医院里 |
[27:05] | I want it to be as a doctor, not as a patient. | 我希望是做医生 而不是做病人 |
[27:09] | At some point | 总有一天 |
[27:11] | everyone’s gonna know you lied, hmm? | 大家会知道你说谎了 |
[27:13] | How about we just let Jackson in on it… | 要不就先告诉Jackson… |
[27:15] | – No. – Okay, Richard? | – 不 – 或者是Richard |
[27:17] | Tom, this conversation with you is exhausting enough. | Tom 跟你聊这些 已经让我精疲力尽了 |
[27:20] | I’m not gonna have it with anyone else. | 我不想再告诉任何人 |
[27:23] | I am lying to protect my privacy and to protect my peace. | 我说谎是想保护个人隐私和内心平静 |
[27:26] | I’m happy with this decision. | 我对现在的决定很满意 |
[27:30] | You know what? I’m not even gonna ask. | 算了 我还是不问了 |
[27:31] | Nothing to know. | 也没什么好问的 |
[27:33] | How about if you’re ready to go? Can I ask that? | 那咱们准备走吗 我能问这个吗 |
[27:35] | – What, you cutting out early? – Harriet has ballet. | – 这么早就离开吗 – Harriet有芭蕾课 |
[27:37] | I told her she could just wait for the recital, but… | 我说可以等到正式演出再说 但是… |
[27:38] | Wait? Child, please. | 得了吧 孩子 |
[27:40] | I’m here. Let’s go. | 我好了 咱们走 |
[27:41] | I don’t want to miss anything. | 我什么都不想错过 |
[27:51] | Dr. Kwan, have you seen Adams? | Kwan医生 你见到Adams了吗 |
[27:53] | Last I saw him, he was at the gift shop… | 最后一次见到他是在礼品店 |
[27:56] | buying clothes for your son. | 帮你儿子买衣服 |
[27:59] | Don’t worry. Your secret’s safe. | 别担心 我会保密的 |
[28:02] | You know? | 你知道啦 |
[28:04] | About you two? It’s pretty obvious. | 你们俩还不够明显吗 |
[28:06] | – Is it? – Yeah, when you see you together. | – 很明显吗 – 是啊 尤其你俩站一起的时候 |
[28:10] | You know, it might be less obvious if you gave the rest of us | 如果你多给其它实习生一些神外科病例 |
[28:12] | some more neuro cases. | 也许就没这么明显了 |
[28:15] | Do you have a special interest in neuro, Dr. Kwan? | Kwan医生 你对神经外科也有兴趣吗 |
[28:21] | I have a special interest in gaining as much experience as I can | 我有兴趣在选择专科领域前 |
[28:23] | before I declare an area of special interest. | 尽量多积累经验 |
[28:25] | I also have steady hands. | 我的手也特别稳 |
[28:28] | And many skills in other areas | 其它方面的技巧也不错 |
[28:30] | if your interests are… expansive. | 如果你的涉猎范围比较广泛的话 |
[28:33] | You think I’m playing favorites with Lucas because he’s… | 你认为我优待Lucas是因为他… |
[28:36] | Dr. Shepherd, I need a consult. | Shepherd医生 我需要会诊 |
[28:41] | Is there supposed to be a patient? | 病人在哪里 |
[28:43] | – I got to tell you something. – Okay. | – 我有话要跟你说 – 好吧 |
[28:45] | Oh, hey, I’m glad you finally told | 我很高兴你终于把咱们的关系 |
[28:47] | the other interns about us, by the way. | 告诉其他实习生了 |
[28:48] | They think we’re together. | 他们以为咱俩在一起了 |
[28:51] | Together like… dating? | 约会那种在一起吗 |
[28:56] | More like sleeping together. | 滚床单那种 |
[28:57] | What? How? | 怎么会 |
[29:00] | Why? | 为什么 |
[29:02] | – Why? – I don’t know. | – 为什么 – 我不知道 |
[29:04] | They assume things. | 他们乱猜的 |
[29:05] | Did you tell them that they’re wrong? | 你跟他们解释过吗 |
[29:09] | Lucas! You have to tell them! Oh, my God! | Lucas 你必须去澄清 天啊 |
[29:12] | Kwan was just offering me sexual favors | Kwan刚才在向我示好 |
[29:14] | in exchange for surgeries! | 想用约炮换手术 |
[29:16] | I might throw up. | 我要吐了 |
[29:17] | Oh, but I just… | 但是我… |
[29:18] | No, no. There’s no “but.” | 没有但是 |
[29:20] | You have no idea how fast rumors spread around here. | 你不知道谣言在医院传得有多快 |
[29:22] | I don’t want people thinking that I am dating my nephew. | 我可不想大家以为我在跟我外甥约会 |
[29:24] | Just sleeping together. | 只是滚床单 |
[29:25] | Stop saying that! | 你闭嘴吧 |
[29:30] | Fix it! | 给我处理 |
[29:42] | How long has it been going? | 已经多久了 |
[29:43] | 32 seconds. | 32秒 |
[29:44] | Maybe we’ll get to a minute! | 也许能撑到一分钟呢 |
[29:54] | – This looks so cool. – It’s a gyroscope. | – 好酷啊 – 这是陀螺仪 |
[29:56] | The spinning wheel is creating angular momentum | 旋转的飞轮会产生角动量 |
[29:58] | and it’s going so fast. | 速度可快了 |
[30:00] | When you apply force | 受到外力作用时 |
[30:00] | it changes momentum in multiple directions, not just linear. | 它的动量变化不是线性的 而是多方向的 |
[30:03] | That’s what keeps it upright. It’s physics. | 所以才能保持直立 物理真奇妙 |
[30:05] | It certainly is. | 确实奇妙 |
[30:10] | Sonata Sonata. | |
[30:12] | My mom’s here. We’ve gotta go. | 我妈妈来接我回家了 |
[30:15] | Bye, Zola. Hope we see you again. | 再见 Zola 希望能再见到你 |
[30:17] | Bye, Matisse. Bye, Sonata. | 再见 Matisse和Sonata |
[30:17] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[30:23] | They seem so nice. | 她们看起来很友好啊 |
[30:25] | – How was it? – Eh, it was okay. | – 感觉怎么样 – 还行吧 |
[30:28] | Just okay, huh? | 就还行吗 |
[30:31] | Can we go to the aquarium now? | 现在可以去水族馆吗 |
[30:32] | Yes. Are you hungry? | 好啊 你饿不饿 |
[30:42] | Excuse me. They said you’re her doctors. | 打扰一下 听说你们是她的医生 |
[30:44] | Uh, we treated her today. | 我们今天救治过她 |
[30:45] | I’m looking for records, scans | 我需要医疗记录 扫描片子 |
[30:47] | anything that might help with the report. | 任何能对调查报告有帮助的材料 |
[30:48] | Well, you’re gonna have to talk to her OB in Idaho. | 那你要找她在爱达荷州的产科医生 |
[30:50] | And while you’re at it, you might want to ask him | 到那里以后 你可以顺便问问他 |
[30:52] | why he refused to treat her. | 为什么拒绝治疗她 |
[30:54] | He was following the law. | 他只是在遵守当地法律 |
[30:55] | Just like this gentleman is doing. | 就像这位警员一样 |
[30:58] | Right. No. You’re right. | 没错 你说得对 |
[30:59] | It’s the lawmakers. | 问题出在立法者 |
[31:01] | They should actually be made to come out here. | 他们应该来到现场 |
[31:04] | Have a look at the carnage they’ve caused | 看看他们如何草菅人命 |
[31:07] | take a look at all the blood. | 看看这里的血流成河 |
[31:09] | I mean, how are we supposed to be doctors? | 我们该如何行医 |
[31:13] | How are we supposed to treat patients? | 该如何救死扶伤 |
[31:16] | We’re hamstrung by laws that are written by people | 这些脱离现实的立法者制定的法条 |
[31:21] | that are so far away from this. | 严重制约着我们 |
[31:23] | I have a medical degree. | 我有医学学位 |
[31:25] | I have decades of experience treating pregnancies. | 有数十年救治孕期病人的经验 |
[31:30] | What experience do they have? | 他们有什么经验 |
[31:33] | Why do they get to decide? | 凭什么让他们做决定 |
[31:34] | No. It’s wrong! | 大错特错 |
[31:36] | And it’s infuriating! | 令人愤怒 |
[31:38] | I am infuriated, okay?! | 我现在气炸了 好吗 |
[31:41] | Women’s lives are on the line! | 女性的生命岌岌可危 |
[31:43] | And our hands… | 而我们… |
[31:46] | that are trained to help them… | 尽管有能力帮助她们 |
[31:50] | our hands are tied. | 却无能为力 |
[31:51] | It’s… | 真是… |
[32:19] | They want us to stick around a little longer. | 他们想让我们多留一会 |
[32:21] | In case we need to answer more questions. | 以免我们还要回答问题 |
[32:24] | We’ve answered everything. Twice. | 我们什么都回答了 两遍了 |
[32:26] | I know. | 我知道 |
[32:27] | But they’re about to tell a husband he’s lost his wife. | 但他们要通知她的丈夫 |
[32:29] | And then he’s gonna need to tell his child she’s lost her mom. | 然后她的丈夫要告诉孩子 她的母亲没了 |
[32:33] | I would like to be here for that. | 我想为此留下来 |
[32:38] | If this is the future, it’s bleak. | 如果这就是未来 那真是绝望 |
[32:41] | You know, I’ve always supported the right to choose. | 你知道 我总是支持选择权 |
[32:45] | But I… just, you know, personally | 但就我个人而言 |
[32:46] | I believed it wasn’t the choice for me. | 我曾认为 我不会那样选择 |
[32:50] | But then I got pregnant. | 后来我怀孕了 |
[32:51] | A girl. | 是一个女儿 |
[32:53] | Then I miscarried. | 后来我流产了 |
[32:55] | Oh, Miranda. I’m so sorry. | Miranda 我很遗憾 |
[32:57] | And to add insult to injury, the miscarriage was incomplete. | 更惨的是 那次流产没流干净 |
[33:00] | So I needed a procedure to prevent infection. | 所以我需要动手术 预防感染 |
[33:04] | Now, I did not choose an abortion. | 我并没有选择堕胎 |
[33:07] | But I’ve had a D&C. | 但我做了刮宫术 |
[33:09] | It is the same procedure. | 手术是一样的 |
[33:11] | And I’m worried doctors are afraid to use it. | 我担心医生不敢采用这手术了 |
[33:15] | I’m worried the next generation | 我很怕下一代 |
[33:16] | won’t get enough training on it. | 无法得到最够的训练 |
[33:18] | I’m worried that is our future. | 我担心那就是我们的未来 |
[33:21] | I want to offer it at Grey-Sloan. | 我想在格雷斯隆医院提供这种培训 |
[33:23] | Train anyone who wants it. | 训练有此志愿的医生 |
[33:25] | I want to prepare health care professionals to help. | 我想培训医疗人员去提供帮助 |
[33:29] | – That’s an excellent plan. – Yeah, I know. | – 这计划很赞 – 是的 我知道 |
[33:32] | And it won’t be nearly enough. | 但这是杯水车薪 |
[33:44] | You take care of business? | 你处理好了吗 |
[33:45] | No. I… | 没有 我… |
[33:46] | Lucas. It’s your mess. Clean it up. | Lucas 你自己的事 自己处理 |
[33:48] | What… My mess? | 什么 我的事吗 |
[33:50] | Do you know why all the interns think we’re a couple? | 你知道为什么实习生都以为我们是一对吗 |
[33:52] | You follow me into on-call rooms. | 你跟着我进值班室 |
[33:54] | You hover over me with apartment listings. | 你拿着公寓租赁广告来烦我 |
[33:57] | You got me on Daddy Daycare with Scout. | 你让我带着Scout去日托 |
[34:00] | I asked you for help with one thing… | 我只求你一件事 |
[34:03] | don’t blow my cover at work. | 不要暴露我身份 |
[34:04] | And you’ve refused to do it. | 你却拒绝那样做 |
[34:06] | So… | 所以… |
[34:09] | that makes it okay to tell people | 告诉大家我们有一腿 |
[34:11] | that we’re sleeping together? | 这就没问题吗 |
[34:12] | I didn’t tell anybody anything. | 我什么都没说 |
[34:14] | It is not my job to correct people’s misconceptions. | 纠正大家的误解 不是我的工作 |
[34:17] | Yes, it is. You are an intern. | 就是你的工作 你是实习医生 |
[34:19] | I am an attending. | 我是主治 |
[34:21] | There are rules about these things for a reason. | 规矩不是摆设 |
[34:23] | We’re not actually together! | 我们又没真的在一起 |
[34:25] | They don’t know that. | 他们不知道啊 |
[34:27] | You know, all my life, everyone’s always assumed | 你知道 我这一生 大家都觉得 |
[34:29] | I only get anywhere because of my family connections. | 我只是靠家人关系才取得成功的 |
[34:32] | And all my life | 一直以来 |
[34:34] | I’ve been my family’s biggest disappointment. | 我都让家人失望透顶 |
[34:37] | I haven’t lived up | 我还没有达到 |
[34:38] | to anybody’s expectations as a Shepherd. | 任何人对Shepherd家族的期望 |
[34:40] | So I thought I’d see what happens when I’m not one. | 所以我想看看 隐姓埋名后会怎样 |
[34:42] | But now, thanks to your lack of discretion | 但现在 多亏了你的鲁莽 |
[34:45] | everyone believes we’re connected | 大家都觉得我们有关系 |
[34:46] | just in a different way… | 不过是另一种的关系… |
[34:48] | a way that is admittedly disturbing | 这种说法确实令人困扰 |
[34:49] | but for this particular purpose | 但这样偷梁换柱 |
[34:52] | better. | 更好啊 |
[34:55] | You have three days. | 给你三天 |
[34:59] | And then if you haven’t told them, I will. | 如果你不说 我就会说 |
[35:18] | So, when does the clinic open? | 门诊什么时候开 |
[35:19] | A couple of days. | 几天吧 |
[35:21] | I’m already thinking of how to expand. | 我已经在想怎么扩张了 |
[35:25] | I want to do more, too. | 我也想多尽力 |
[35:27] | I… | 我… |
[35:29] | I have to do more. | 我应该多尽一份力 |
[35:30] | You will. From L. A. | 会的 在洛杉矶也可以的 |
[35:32] | No. No. | 不不 |
[35:33] | I want to go to places where people need me. | 我想去有人需要我的地方 |
[35:38] | Places like Pullman, you know? | 像普尔曼那样的地方 |
[35:41] | I mean, I can’t just sit. | 我是说 我不能坐视不管 |
[35:44] | I have a unique set of skills. I know I can make a difference. | 我拥有技术 我知道我可以有所作为 |
[35:46] | I… | 我… |
[35:48] | Guess I just need to look at a map. | 我想 我只需要看一看地图 |
[35:50] | Southern Illinois. | 伊利诺伊州南部吧 |
[35:53] | It’s right near Missouri, Arkansas | 靠近密苏里州 阿肯色州 |
[35:57] | Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi… | 田纳西州 肯塔基州 密西西比州… |
[35:59] | All states that have abortion bans. | 所有禁止堕胎的州 |
[36:01] | They’re expecting up to 14,000 women | 预估有超14000名女性 |
[36:04] | to cross state lines for care. | 会跨州寻求帮助 |
[36:06] | Yeah? How do you know that? | 是吗 你怎么知道 |
[36:07] | ‘Cause I thought about doing it, too. | 因为我也想过这么做 |
[36:10] | But I got the baby girl who recently lost her father. | 但我刚收养丧父的小女孩 |
[36:14] | So, she needs me at home. | 她需要我在家 |
[36:16] | But you, though, you go. | 但你嘛 你去吧 |
[36:20] | You go and give more women access to care. | 你去向女性伸出援手 |
[36:23] | I just… | 我… |
[36:26] | Susan. It’s just… | Susan的事… |
[36:27] | Wh… No… Okay. Stop. | 什么 好啦 别这么想 |
[36:29] | You know you did everything you could for her | 你知道 在那样的情况下 |
[36:32] | under the circumstances. | 你尽力了 |
[36:33] | No, you… | 不 你… |
[36:35] | You needed the right tools, the right supplies. | 你当时需要合适的器械和供给 |
[36:39] | You needed an ultrasound. | 需要超声检查仪器 |
[36:40] | You needed… | 你还需要… |
[36:44] | What? | 什么 |
[36:45] | The PRT. | 手术反应时间 |
[36:48] | No. Okay. So, my husband… | 不是 好吧 我老公… |
[36:50] | he convinced the fire department | 他说服消防部门 |
[36:52] | that he needed this O. R. on wheels, but it… | 他需要车载手术室 但是… |
[36:56] | Okay, the city sidelined it. | 好吧 市里拒绝了 |
[36:58] | So we helped fund it, and now it… | 所以我们出资做了 现在… |
[37:00] | it just sits in the motor pool collecting dust. | 它却停在车库里积灰 |
[37:03] | Oh, I can think of a much better use for it. | 我能想到更好的用处了 |
[37:06] | You said you liked driving. | 你说你喜欢开车 |
[37:09] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[37:12] | With enough practice, surgeons learn how and when | 经过足够的练习 医生能够学会 |
[37:15] | to pivot from standard operating procedures. | 何时及如何变更手术方案 |
[37:18] | Well, do you like it, the lobster roll? | 你喜欢龙虾卷吗 |
[37:21] | Did you know lobsters can be yellow or blue? | 你知道吗 龙虾可以是黄色或蓝色 |
[37:24] | It just depends on their pigment protein. | 取决于它们的色素蛋白 |
[37:27] | Did you learn that at the aquarium? | 你在水族馆学到的吗 |
[37:29] | Brookline STEAM has a marine science lab. | 布鲁克林STEAM中心有海洋实验室 |
[37:31] | Experience gives us more context to know | 经验能够让我们知晓 |
[37:33] | when we need a different approach. | 什么时候需要更换方案 |
[37:35] | It gives us more options to help our patients. | 给我们更多选择 去救助病人 |
[37:36] | I saw you laughing. | 我看到你当时很开心 |
[37:39] | I saw you making friends. | 我看到你在交朋友 |
[37:41] | Why don’t you like it there? | 你为什么不喜欢那里呢 |
[37:42] | What if we move and I still have panic attacks? | 如果我们搬家了 我还是有恐慌发作呢 |
[37:45] | Or I fail school? | 或者我挂科了呢 |
[37:47] | You will not fail. | 不会的 |
[37:49] | And we are going to continue the therapy. | 我们会继续你的治疗 |
[37:51] | We’ll have left Seattle for nothing. | 我们会白白离开西雅图的 |
[37:53] | And you’ll have given up your job. | 还得让你放弃工作 |
[37:55] | Zola, let me worry about that. | Zola 让我来操心这事吧 |
[37:58] | That’s my job. | 这是我的职责 |
[38:00] | You run a hospital. People depend on you. | 你管理着一家医院 大家都指望你呢 |
[38:02] | What if I told you Uncle Jackson offered me a job here in Boston | 如果我告诉你 Jackson叔叔让我来波士顿工作 |
[38:06] | working on a cure for Alzheimer’s? | 研究阿尔茨海默症的治愈方法呢 |
[38:11] | What if… | 如果… |
[38:14] | What if I decide I don’t want to be a doctor? | 如果我决定 不想当医生了呢 |
[38:17] | That’s completely fine. | 那完全没问题 |
[38:18] | Really? You wouldn’t be disappointed? | 是吗 你不会失望吗 |
[38:20] | Not at all. | 完全不会 |
[38:23] | You are so intelligent and so creative. | 你那么聪明 那么有创造力 |
[38:26] | You are going to make your mark no matter what you do. | 无论你做什么 都会发光发热 |
[38:29] | You think so? | 你真这么想吗 |
[38:30] | I know so. | 我知道会那样的 |
[38:32] | You have always been and will always be extraordinary. | 你会一直出类拔萃的 |
[38:37] | So, is it Brookline STEAM? | 所以要选布鲁克林STEAM中心吗 |
[38:40] | Mom… | 妈妈 |
[38:42] | I love it here. | 我喜欢这里 |
[38:44] | I want to sign up for robotics team. | 我想进机器人小组 |
[38:46] | They do this competition at MIT | 他们在麻省理工搞比赛 |
[38:48] | and last year they won first place. | 去年他们还拿冠军了 |
[38:51] | And I want to be in the orchestra. | 我也想加入管弦乐队 |
[38:53] | Can I please take cello lessons when we move? | 如果搬家了 我可以学大提琴吗 |
[38:56] | You can. | 可以啊 |
[38:57] | You can take cello lessons when we move. | 等咱们搬家了 你就去学吧 |
[39:00] | One-size-fits-all solutions don’t always work. | 一成不变的方法并不总是奏效的 |
[39:05] | Every patient is different. | 每个病人都不同 |
[39:07] | Just like every person is different. | 就像每个人都不一样 |
[39:14] | We each have various factors to consider | 面对人生重大决策时 |
[39:17] | when facing life’s big decisions. | 我们都有着自己不同的考量 |
[39:28] | So we gather the facts. | 所以我们收集信息 |
[39:30] | We analyze the options. | 分析选项 |
[39:37] | And we use our knowledge and experience… | 然后运用知识与经验 |
[39:43] | 我加入 | |
[39:48] | 你们要搬来波士顿吗 | |
[39:51] | 我们要搬来波士顿了 | |
[39:55] | …to make the choices that are right for us. | 去做正确的选择 |
[40:01] | 720P iTunes: wss0427 | |
[40:04] | 第05集 穷极思变 |