时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | Roy! | 罗伊 |
[00:15] | Roy! | 罗伊 |
[00:18] | I just want to– | 我只是想 |
[00:22] | 1938年 印第安纳州 埃文斯维尔 | |
[00:22] | Just all day and all night, you’ve been riding me. | 你日日夜夜对我管三管四 |
[00:25] | – Don’t get upset I… – Don’t get upset when you wake me– | -别生气 我 -你把我吵醒还叫我别生气 |
[00:28] | – I don’t like when you… – I don’t care who hears anything. | -我不喜欢你这样 -我不在乎有人听到 |
[00:31] | Come here! | 过来 |
[00:43] | I made something for you. | 我给你做了点东西 |
[01:16] | People gather by the thousands | 数千人聚集在一起 |
[01:18] | to witness the inauguration of John Fitzgerald Kennedy. | 共同见证约翰·费茨杰拉德·肯尼迪的就职典礼 |
[01:20] | 1961年 纽约 | |
[01:20] | As the motorcade makes its way down Pennsylvania Avenue, | 当车队沿着宾夕法尼亚大道前行时 |
[01:23] | they hope to catch a glimpse of First Lady Jackie Kennedy | 他们希望能一睹第一夫人杰奎琳·肯尼迪 |
[01:26] | in a dress by designer Oleg Cassini | 身着设计师奥雷格·卡西尼设计的礼服 |
[01:28] | and a simple yet elegant pillbox | 头戴制帽师侯斯顿先生设计的 |
[01:30] | by hatmaker Mr. Halston. | 简单优雅的药盒帽 |
[01:33] | Did they just say your name? | 他们刚刚提到你的名字吗 |
[02:03] | Excuse me. Morning. Good morning. | 借过一下 早呀 早上好 |
[02:09] | Elegance, if you will. | 您戴上会非常优雅 |
[02:10] | I think madam will be really pleased. | 我想夫人您一定会很满意 |
[02:13] | What the hell is going on? | 到底出什么事了 |
[02:15] | What’s going on? | 你问出什么事了 |
[02:17] | Ah, so Jacqueline Kennedy dropped your name for one. | 杰奎琳·肯尼迪提了你的名字 |
[02:20] | We’ve sold 50 already, and it’s not even 10:00 a.M. | 我们已卖出了50顶帽子 而现在还没到早上十点 |
[02:24] | You’re him, aren’t you? | 就是你 对吧 |
[02:26] | You’re Mr. Halston. | 你就是侯斯顿先生 |
[02:29] | God bless Jackie Kennedy. | 上帝保佑杰奎琳·肯尼迪 |
[02:33] | 侯 斯 顿 第 一 集 | |
[02:34] | Fuck Jackie Kennedy. | 该死的杰奎琳·肯尼迪 |
[02:35] | Halston! Why would you say that | 侯斯顿 你为什么要这么说 |
[02:37] | after all she’s been through? | 她受了那么多苦 |
[02:39] | She made you, Halston. | 是她成就了你 侯斯顿 |
[02:41] | And then she killed me. | 然后她就坑死我了 |
[02:42] | Stopped wearing hats | 她不再戴帽子 |
[02:44] | so she wouldn’t ruin that awful gigantic hairdo of hers. | 这样就不会毁了她难看的巨大发型 |
[02:50] | Do you have a moment? | 你有空吗 |
[02:51] | I’m sorry. As you can see, we’re terribly busy. | 抱歉 如你所见 我们忙死了 |
[02:56] | It’s not good. | 情况不乐观 |
[02:59] | Hat sales are down 30% from last quarter, | 帽子销量比上季度下降了30% |
[03:01] | and the previous quarter down 40%. | 与再上季度的销量下降了40% |
[03:03] | We’re trending up, is what you’re saying. | 你是说我们的销量在上升 |
[03:05] | No, that is not what I’m saying. | 不 我不是这个意思 |
[03:06] | You know what they say. Numbers. | 你知道他们说什么 一堆数字 |
[03:09] | Who says that? | 谁会说 |
[03:10] | Oh, everybody. All the time. | 每个人 一直在说 |
[03:12] | People just don’t wear hats anymore is the problem. | 问题在于人们不再戴帽子了 |
[03:15] | Yes. As a milliner, | 是的 作为一名女帽制造商 |
[03:16] | Henry, I’m well aware of that fact. | 亨利 我很清楚这一事实 |
[03:18] | Well, what I mean is, what are you going to do about it? | 我的意思是 对此你打算怎么办 |
[03:21] | Well, I’m hard at work making the sun brighter, | 我正在努力让太阳变得更亮 |
[03:23] | but until I get my rainmaking machine working, | 但在我的造雨机开始工作前 |
[03:26] | I don’t know what I’ll do, Henry. | 我不知道要怎么做 亨利 |
[03:27] | Except maybe drink after this meeting. | 除了在这个会议结束后去喝一杯 |
[03:41] | From the gentleman at the end. | 那头的那位先生请的 |
[03:55] | He sent it back. | 他送回来了 |
[04:06] | What is it about an amaretto stone sour that you don’t like? | 是因为你不喜欢苦杏仁酸鸡尾酒吗 |
[04:10] | It’s the stone, isn’t it? Choking hazard. | 是因为苦杏仁有剧毒吗 |
[04:12] | I’ll have the barman remove it. | 我让酒保别放这个 |
[04:14] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[04:18] | – Then let me buy you something else. – No, thanks. | -那我请你喝点别的 -不了 谢谢 |
[04:20] | I don’t accept drinks from strangers. | 我不喝陌生人买的酒 |
[04:23] | Then tell me your name. We won’t be strangers. | 那告诉我你的名字 这样我们就不是陌生人了 |
[04:27] | You go first. | 你先说 |
[04:29] | – Eric. – And what do you do, Eric? | -埃里克 -你是干什么的 埃里克 |
[04:32] | I’m a falconer. | 我是个训鹰师 |
[04:35] | Bullshit. | 胡说 |
[04:36] | We’re heroes, really, my falcon and I. | 我和我的猎鹰都是英雄 真的 |
[04:37] | Keeping the rat population under control. | 我们一直控制着老鼠的数量 |
[04:40] | It’s very fashionable, what we do. | 我们所做的事非常时髦 |
[04:42] | That long leather glove, that little cap I put over his head. | 长的皮手套和我戴在它头上的小帽子 |
[04:45] | It’s kinky. | 别出心栽 |
[04:49] | Let me buy you a drink. | 让我请你喝杯酒吧 |
[04:52] | Can I ask what is it about me that caught your eye? | 请问我是什么吸引了你的注意呢 |
[04:56] | How do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[04:58] | I mean, why are you trying to pick me up and not anybody else? | 你为什么试着与我搭讪 不是其他人 |
[05:01] | I’m not like anybody else. | 我不喜欢其他人 |
[05:04] | Just wouldn’t have thought I was your type. | 我只是没想到我是你喜欢的类型 |
[05:05] | And what’s my type? | 那我喜欢什么类型 |
[05:08] | A white guy in a Brooks Brothers suit. | 穿布克兄弟西装的白人 |
[05:13] | Or… maybe you’re just a size queen. | 或者 你也许只是个爱大雕的同性恋 |
[05:18] | Or… | 或者 |
[05:21] | maybe I’ve been an outsider, too, my whole life. | 或许我一生中也一直是个不合群的人 |
[05:24] | Getting sideways glances from white guys | 被那些穿着布克兄弟西装的白人 |
[05:27] | in Brooks Brothers suits | 侧目相视 |
[05:28] | for what I was and who I liked or who I was and what I liked. | 因为我的为人和喜好 和曾经的为人和喜好 |
[05:33] | Till one day, I just stopped giving a flying fuck. | 直到有一天 我不再在意了 |
[05:37] | Ed. | 埃德 |
[05:39] | Ed is my name. | 我叫埃德 |
[06:21] | Nice meeting you, Eric. | 很高兴见到你 埃里克 |
[06:23] | Though Eric’s not your real name, is it? | 尽管埃里克不是你的真名 对吗 |
[06:27] | Roy. | 罗伊 |
[06:29] | Though that’s not my real name either. | 尽管这也不是我的真名 |
[06:31] | I like people to call me Halston. | 我喜欢人们叫我侯斯顿 |
[06:33] | Get the fuck out. | 不是吧 |
[06:36] | The hat designer? | 那位帽子设计师吗 |
[06:39] | I’ve always wondered this. | 我一直都很好奇 |
[06:40] | How does somebody end up designing hats? | 怎么会有人以设计帽子为业 |
[06:43] | It’s sculpture, really. | 那其实是雕塑 |
[06:46] | I’ve always done it. I made hats to lift my mother’s spirits. | 我一直都做这个 我做帽子让我母亲高兴 |
[06:52] | Oh, honey. | 天啊 亲爱的 |
[07:00] | You are far too special for this place. | 你天赋异禀 不该待在这里 |
[07:10] | I had a magical childhood. | 我有个美好的童年 |
[07:14] | But I left Indiana as soon as I could. | 但我一有机会就离开了印第安纳州 |
[07:16] | First to Chicago and then here. | 首先去了芝加哥 然后来了这里 |
[07:18] | Made myself out of nothing. | 白手起家 |
[07:21] | Whole cloth, as it were. | 这就是全部的故事 |
[07:24] | Men like us… | 我们这种人 |
[07:27] | come here from some faraway place to invent ourselves. | 远道而来 创造自我 |
[07:30] | Make something out of nothing. | 白手起家 |
[07:33] | I didn’t come from as far. | 我倒不是从很远的地方来的 |
[07:34] | Just crossed the river from New Jersey, but… | 只是从新泽西跨河过来 但… |
[07:37] | That version of me seems very far away. | 那时候的自己似乎已经离我很远了 |
[07:42] | So, what are you going to do now? | 所以 你现在打算怎么办 |
[07:44] | Women don’t wear hats anymore. | 女人不再戴帽子了 |
[07:46] | Well, Ed, I have a plan. | 埃德 我有个计划 |
[07:49] | Have you ever heard of Ralph Lifshitz? | 你听说过拉尔夫·里夫希茨吗 |
[07:51] | Who? | 谁 |
[07:52] | Recently, Ralph Lifshitz walks into Bloomingdale’s | 不久前 拉尔夫·里夫希茨带着他设计的 |
[07:55] | with a line of ties one inch wider than any other tie being sold | 比其他在售领带宽一寸且带有”马球”标志的领带 |
[08:00] | and a label that says “Polo.” | 走进布鲁明戴尔百货店 |
[08:02] | They said, “If you make them one inch narrower | 百货店负责人们说 “如果你把领带做窄一寸 |
[08:05] | and you swap your label for ours, we’ll sell them.” | 并把标志换成我们的 你就能在我们这卖” |
[08:09] | He said no. | 他拒绝了 |
[08:11] | And he walked out of there. And then two weeks later, | 然后他走出了布鲁明戴尔百货店 两周之后 |
[08:13] | Bloomingdale’s, they come back to the table. | 布鲁明戴尔百货店提出重新谈判 |
[08:16] | They say, “We made a mistake.” | 负责人们说 “我们错了” |
[08:17] | “We love your ties. We’re haunted by them.” | “我们超爱你的领带 我们对此魂牵梦萦” |
[08:20] | “You can keep your label. You can keep them one inch wider.” | “你可以保留你的标志 你也可以维持原样” |
[08:23] | “And we want you to make shirts to go with them.” | “并且我们希望你做出与之相配的衬衣” |
[08:27] | I’ve been designing hats for | 我从1961年起就开始为 |
[08:28] | Bergdorf’s since 1961. | 波道夫·古德曼百货设计帽子 |
[08:30] | I put that fucking place on the map. | 我让这个品牌声名大噪 |
[08:33] | I’m gonna do what Ralph Lifshitz did, | 我要做的和拉尔夫·里夫希茨一样 |
[08:35] | only bigger. | 但更声势浩大 |
[08:36] | Why don’t I know this name? | 为什么我从没听过这个名字 |
[08:37] | Because he changed his last name to fucking Lauren. | 因为他改姓劳伦了 |
[08:41] | I have a vision, Ed. | 我心有宏图 埃德 |
[08:48] | So, a store within a store? | 在百货里开一个专卖店吗 |
[08:50] | See? Simple. | 对吧 很简单 |
[08:51] | But to sell what? | 但里面卖什么 |
[08:53] | Halston. | 侯斯顿 |
[08:56] | I wanna be the first person who’s also a complete line. | 我要成为拥有自己完整产业链的第一人 |
[08:59] | Women will come to me, | 女人走进我的店里 |
[09:00] | and I will provide them a complete, custom couture experience. | 我会让她们享受到一整套的定制服装 |
[09:04] | I’ll put her in Halston, head to toe. | 我会把她从头到脚 打造成侯斯顿风格 |
[09:06] | Dress, bra, panties, hose, shoes– | 连衣裙 胸罩 内裤 袜子 鞋子 |
[09:09] | I don’t know, Halston. | 我说不好 侯斯顿 |
[09:10] | No one wants European knockoffs anymore. | 没人再会想要欧洲仿冒品了 |
[09:14] | What if Bergdorf Goodman | 如果波道夫·古德曼旗下 |
[09:16] | could house the first American couturier? | 拥有第一位美国女装设计师 将会如何 |
[09:19] | – You? – No. | -是你吗 -不是 |
[09:21] | Halston. | 是侯斯顿 |
[09:23] | Which is me. | 也就是我 |
[09:25] | It’s interesting. | 有意思 |
[09:29] | Why don’t you start by making us some dresses? | 不如先从做几件裙子开始吧 |
[10:10] | Mm-hmm, yeah. | 有意思 |
[10:44] | Okay, so then what happened? How many did you sell? | 好的 那之后怎么样了 你卖出去了几件 |
[10:47] | Well, you won’t believe it. | 你肯定不敢相信 |
[10:49] | It was an unmitigated disaster. | 简直是场彻头彻尾的灾难 |
[10:51] | No sales. Total flop. | 无人问津 大败而归 |
[10:53] | Oh my God. I’m so sorry. Are you okay? | 老天 太遗憾了 你没事吧 |
[10:55] | I’m fine. What do you mean? | 我没事 你问这干嘛 |
[10:56] | I was brilliant. They’re the dummies. | 我天资卓越 而他们俗不可耐 |
[11:02] | Let me freshen you up. | 我来给你梳理一下 |
[11:04] | – But what are you gonna do? – Keep going. | -但你接下来要怎么办 -继续尝试 |
[11:08] | The show didn’t work. That’s fine. | 时装秀没起作用 没关系 |
[11:10] | I know what I have to do. | 我知道我要干什么 |
[11:11] | And what is that? | 那你准备怎么办 |
[11:15] | I’m too big for that room. | 我在波道夫无法大展拳脚 |
[11:19] | I need to get out on my own. | 我要出去自力更生 |
[11:22] | You are fucking impressive, man. | 老天 你太了不起了 |
[11:32] | I mean, here’s the thing though. I know you love “Yes” people. | 事情是这样 我知道你喜欢别人赞美你的设计 |
[11:37] | And I got a lot more syllables up my sleeve than just yes. | 但我心里真正想说的可不是赞美 |
[11:40] | Try me. Tell me something you think I won’t like. | 说说看 你觉得我会不喜欢的设计 |
[11:43] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[11:44] | That collection you did for Bergdorf’s? | 你为波道夫·古德曼百货设计过的时装系列 |
[11:46] | Looked like cement. | 看着像水泥一样 |
[11:47] | That’s why they didn’t sell. Nobody wanted ’em. | 所以卖不出去 没人会想穿这个系列 |
[11:49] | Nobody understood them. | 那是因为人们不懂 |
[11:50] | You don’t want to understand a dress. | 你不需要人们懂这条裙子 |
[11:53] | You want to love it. | 你只需要人们爱这条裙子 |
[11:54] | You want to be Balenciaga. There’s already a Balenciaga. | 你想成为巴伦西亚加 但已经有巴黎世家了 |
[11:58] | What we need is to figure out your signature. | 我们需要找到你的特色 |
[12:01] | What’s gonna make me see some gorgeous woman | 什么能让我在看到出入高级夜总会 |
[12:05] | out in a supper club wearing a fabulous ensemble | 身着精工剪裁的定制服装的佳人时 |
[12:08] | and say, “That’s a Halston.” | 脱口而出 “这就是侯斯顿” |
[12:11] | So, does that mean you’re in? | 所以 你要加入吗 |
[12:25] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[12:26] | I have to tell you I have a problem sometimes. | 我得说我时常受到困扰 |
[12:30] | And that’s my name. | 因为我的名字 |
[12:31] | For instance, someone might come up to me | 比如 有个人走过来 |
[12:33] | and say, “Hello, Lisa. How are you?” | 对我说 “你好 莉萨 最近怎么样” |
[12:35] | And I’ll say, “I’m fine, thank you, | 然后我会说 “我很好 谢谢 |
[12:37] | but it’s Liza. It has a ‘Z’ in it.” | 但我叫丽莎 是翘舌音” |
[12:40] | Or someone might say, “Lisa, what a nice hat you have on.” | 还有人会说 “莉萨 你的帽子真漂亮” |
[12:44] | And I’ll say, “Thank you very much, but my name is Liza.” | 我会说 “非常感谢 但我的名字是丽莎” |
[12:46] | – Liza! – “And that’s my hair.” | -丽莎 -“还有这是我的头发” |
[12:50] | *It’s Liza with a “Z” Not Lisa with an “S”* | *丽莎发翘舌音 莉萨发平舌音* |
[12:52] | *’Cause Lisa with an “S” Goes “Ssnozz”* | *丽莎发音像打呼一样把嘴张开* |
[12:54] | *It’s “Z” Instead of “S” “Lie” Instead of “Lee”* | *是莎不是萨 是丽不是莉* |
[12:56] | *It’s simple as can be, see, Liza* | *多么简单的名字 丽莎* |
[12:59] | I’ll do it again. | 再来一次 |
[12:59] | *It’s Liza with a “Z” Not Lisa with an “S”* | *丽莎发翘舌音 莉萨发平舌音* |
[13:01] | ‘Cause Lisa with an “S” Goes “Ssnozz”* | *丽莎发音像打呼一样把嘴张开* |
[13:03] | *It’s “Z” Instead of “S” “Lie” Instead of “Lee”* | *是莎不是萨 是丽不是莉* |
[13:05] | *It’s simple as can be, see, Liza* | *多么简单的名字 丽莎* |
[13:08] | *Now, if my name were Ada* | *如果我叫做艾达* |
[13:10] | *I’d be Ada Even backwards I’d be Ada* | *引文正反我都是艾达* |
[13:13] | *Or if my name were Ruth* | *或者如果我叫做露丝* |
[13:15] | *Then I’d be Ruth because with Ruth what can you do?* | *那我就只是露丝 因为露丝你总不能叫错吧* |
[13:18] | *Or Sally, or Margaret or Ginger or Faye* | *或者叫做莎莉 玛格丽特 金吉尔 菲伊* |
[13:22] | *But when you’re a Liza you always have to say* | *但是你叫丽莎 你就总得解释* |
[13:26] | *It’s Liza with a “Z” Not Lisa with an “S”* | *丽莎发翘舌音 莉萨发平舌音* |
[13:28] | *’Cause Lisa with an “S” Goes “Ssnozz”* | *丽莎发音像打呼一样把嘴张开* |
[13:30] | *It’s “Z” Instead of “S” “Lie” Instead of “Lee”* | *是莎不是萨 是丽不是莉* |
[13:32] | *It’s simple as can be, see, Liza* | *多么简单的名字 丽莎* |
[13:34] | *Ah, and that is only half of it* | *远远不止这些* |
[13:37] | *There’s another way they treat me cruelly* | *他们还会继续折磨我* |
[13:40] | *How often I remember someone saying* | *我经常听到有人说* |
[13:42] | *”There she goes, Lisa Minooli”* | *”莉萨·米诺利来了”* |
[13:44] | *Or Minolli or Miniola or Minili Minnilii* | *或是米诺利 米尼奥拉 米尼利 明尼莱* |
[13:48] | *So is it a wonder? I very often cry * | *我的姓就这么罕见吗 我常难忍泪水* |
[13:52] | *It’s M-I double N, then E double L-I* | *MI加两个N 跟着E 两个L加上I* |
[13:54] | *You double up the N, that’s not new* | *双写两个N 这并不稀奇* |
[13:56] | *Then E double up the L End it with an I* | *后面接个E 两个L 结尾一个I* |
[13:58] | *That’s the way you say Minnelli* | *这就是你拼读米奈利的方式* |
[14:01] | *Liza Minnelli, it’s Italian* | *莉莎·米奈利 是意大利语名* |
[14:05] | *Blame it on papa, what can I do?* | *得怪我爸爸 我有什么办法* |
[14:09] | *Every Sandra who’s a Sa-andra* | *误称为桑德拉 其实是姗德拉* |
[14:13] | *Every Mary who’s really Marie* | *误称为玛丽 其实是玛莉* |
[14:17] | *Every Joan who is a Joanne* | *误称为琼 其实是琼安* |
[14:21] | *Has got to agree with me when I’ve announced* | *肯定会同意我所说的话* |
[14:25] | *I don’t mind being pummeled or trampled or trounced* | *我不介意被抨击 践踏或击垮* |
[14:29] | *But it does drive you bats* | *但别人读错你的名字* |
[14:31] | *To be mis-mispronounced* | *会让你疯狂* |
[14:36] | *It’s Liza with a “Z” Not Lisa with an “S”* | *丽莎发翘舌音 莉萨发平舌音* |
[14:38] | *’Cause Lisa with an “S” Goes “Ssnozz”* | *丽莎发音像打呼一样把嘴张开* |
[14:40] | *It’s “Z” Instead of “S” “Lie” Instead of “Lee”* | *是莎不是萨 是丽不是莉* |
[14:41] | *It’s simple as can be, see, Liza* | *多么简单的名字 丽莎* |
[14:43] | *Then M-I double N, then E double L-I* | *MI加两个N 跟着E 两个L加上I* |
[14:44] | *You double up the N, that’s not new* | *双写两个N 这并不稀奇* |
[14:46] | *Then E double L, end it with an I* | *后面接个E 两个L 结尾一个I* |
[14:48] | *That’s the way you say Minnelli* | *这就是米奈利的拼读方法* |
[14:50] | *Liza Minnelli* | *丽莎·米奈利* |
[14:52] | *It’s easy. It’s easy* | *这很简单 这很简单* |
[14:55] | *It’s lazy, no!* | *它不懒散* |
[14:58] | *Liza* | *丽莎* |
[15:05] | – Brava! – Wonderful! | -精彩 -太棒了 |
[15:08] | – Liza! – Hm? | -丽莎 -怎么了 |
[15:09] | Meet Halston. | 来见见侯斯顿 |
[15:11] | Yeah, I saw you out there. | 我刚刚看到你了 |
[15:13] | Everyone else is going berserk, | 其他人都嗨起来了 |
[15:15] | and you are sitting there | 而你只是矜持地坐在那 |
[15:17] | like you’re in a Dutch Masters painting. | 就好像身在荷兰大师的画作里 |
[15:20] | If I’m honest, I was a little distracted | 老实说 我因为巴斯特·布朗风的穿着 |
[15:22] | by the Buster Brown getup. | 而有些分心 |
[15:25] | I think you need a new look. | 我想你需要一身新造型 |
[15:29] | – I love him already. – I knew you would. | -我开始喜欢他了 -我就知道你会的 |
[15:32] | Exactly. The collection was a disaster, and I knew it. | 没错 那个系列是个灾难 我明白 |
[15:35] | So I decided to throw it all away. | 所以我决定了把一切都抛开 |
[15:37] | I left Bergdorf’s and destroyed my life, basically. | 我离开波道夫·古德曼百货 基本上毁了我的人生 |
[15:40] | No. No, you can’t think of it like that. | 不不不 你不能这么想 |
[15:44] | You didn’t throw anything away. | 你没有抛掉任何东西 |
[15:45] | You just gave yourself an enormous gift. | 你只是送给了自己一份大礼 |
[15:48] | You left everything you knew behind, which means | 你离开了过去你所了解的一切 这意味着 |
[15:52] | you are open to inspiration. | 你可以接收新的灵感 |
[15:55] | And inspiration is going to find you. | 灵感会找到你的 |
[15:59] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[16:01] | That pillbox hat that Jackie wore? | 杰姬戴的那顶平顶小圆帽 |
[16:04] | That is your Judy Garland. | 那就是你的朱迪·嘉兰 |
[16:07] | You and me are living under the shadow of something, | 你和我都活在某些事物的阴影里 |
[16:09] | and we’re both trying to do the same thing. | 而我们俩都在尝试做同样的事 |
[16:12] | We’re walking away. | 我们在试图走出阴影 |
[16:14] | Saying, “No. I wanna be taken seriously on my own.” | 说着 “不 我要自己认真发展” |
[16:17] | I’m– | 我… |
[16:19] | I… | 我… |
[16:20] | I don’t wanna be just Judy Garland’s daughter. | 我不想只做朱迪·嘉兰的女儿 |
[16:23] | Like you don’t wanna just be Jackie O’s hatmaker. | 就好像你不想只是做杰姬·O的制帽匠 |
[16:28] | Why are you dressing like a little girl? | 那你为什么打扮得像个小女孩 |
[16:31] | Okay, see? Exactly. Why do I do that? | 看到了吗 没错 我为什么这么做 |
[16:33] | I mean, it’s cute, sure, but it’s not you. I don’t think. | 确实很可爱 但我不认为这是你 |
[16:37] | You’re a woman. You should be dressed like one. | 你是个女人 你应该穿得像个女人 |
[16:40] | And I suppose you’re just the fella to help. | 那我想你恰好是能帮我的那个人 |
[16:44] | Yes, I think I am. | 我想是的 |
[18:25] | Let’s lose the bra and panties. | 我们把胸罩和内裤脱掉 |
[18:28] | Halston, are you getting fresh with me? | 侯斯顿 你是在调戏我吗 |
[18:32] | Hardly. | 一点也不 |
[18:43] | Now, hold this. That’s your neck there. | 拿着这个 这是你挂脖的地方 |
[18:51] | Now… | 现在… |
[19:04] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[19:11] | There, now. | 好了 |
[19:14] | That’s a Halston. | 这就是侯斯顿的女装 |
[19:15] | Oh my God! | 我的天呐 |
[19:19] | Oh! Halston, you’re a genius. | 侯斯顿 你是个天才 |
[19:24] | Oh my. | 天呐 |
[19:27] | This place will be your blank canvas. | 这个地方会成为你的白色画布 |
[19:30] | Third floor is the sewing room. | 三楼是缝纫室 |
[19:32] | All state of the art like Balenciaga in Paris. | 最先进的设备 就像巴黎的巴黎世家 |
[19:35] | And this will be the lounge. | 这间会做成酒吧 |
[19:37] | And in here will be the salon where it’s all really gonna happen. | 这里会是最后准备造型的美发沙龙 |
[19:41] | I wanna create a new kind of experience. | 我想创造一种新的体验 |
[19:44] | I want women to come here | 我希望女士们来到这里 |
[19:45] | and feel like they’ve been transported to a different world. | 能感觉到她们被传送到一个不同的世界 |
[19:49] | What sort of design are you picturing? | 你想要什么样的设计呢 |
[19:52] | Well, you know, Halston, rich, textural, cool. | 侯斯顿定制 富有 质地 格调 |
[19:56] | Like Shangri-La on the Upper East Side. | 就像上东区的香格里拉 |
[19:59] | Okay. Halston, how long have we known one another? | 好吧 侯斯顿 我们都认识多久了 |
[20:04] | I love you like family. | 我把你看作家人一样 |
[20:05] | But what you’re describing costs money, | 但你所描述的装修要花很多钱 |
[20:08] | and I happen to know you don’t got any. | 我恰好知道你身无分文 |
[20:10] | Not true! Not true. | 才不是 才不是 |
[20:12] | In all of humanity, you’re the only one who can do this. | 所有人里 你是唯一能做这个的 |
[20:15] | What you did with the Opera Club at the Met… | 你设计的歌剧俱乐部… |
[20:17] | That cost a zillion dollars. | 那个花费很大 |
[20:20] | You’re the only one who can do it. | 你是唯一能办到的 |
[20:22] | You made fucking Key West fashionable, Angelo. | 你让基韦斯特变得时尚 安吉洛 |
[20:25] | Halston, you can’t afford me. | 侯斯顿 你请不起我的 |
[20:27] | Well, can’t you do it at cost? | 你不能按成本价做吗 |
[20:29] | It’s like your ears don’t work. | 你根本没有在听 |
[20:31] | Look, I’m giving you the opportunity | 听着 我在给你机会 |
[20:33] | to have the cream of New York society | 让纽约上流社会的精英 |
[20:35] | coming through these doors and looking at this place going, | 穿过这扇门 然后看着这个地方 |
[20:38] | “Oh, it’s spectacular. Who designed it?” | “太美了 谁设计的” |
[20:42] | God as my witness, | 上帝为证 |
[20:42] | that’s worth more than whatever the Opera Club paid you. | 那绝对比歌剧俱乐部付给你的报酬更加值得 |
[20:47] | – Do you mean that? – Have I ever lied to you? | -你是真心的吗 -我骗过你吗 |
[20:52] | – Okay. – Oh, my hero. My hero! | -好吧 -我的英雄 |
[20:54] | – Knock it off. – So, what do you think? | -别闹了 -所以 你觉得怎么样 |
[21:07] | Someone’s in a good mood. | 有人心情很好 |
[21:09] | It’s always been my dream | 我一直以来的梦想 |
[21:10] | to have a showroom with a workshop on another floor. | 就是拥有一个在隔层自带展厅的设计室 |
[21:13] | And I found it, and I rented it. | 我找到了 租了下来 |
[21:15] | – Where? – 68th and Madison. | -在哪 -68街和麦迪逊大道 |
[21:17] | Wait till you see it. Literally wait to see it. It’s a mess. | 你就等着看吧 真的要等等 现在一团乱 |
[21:21] | And I found my team. Merry misfits, each and every one of them. | 我找到了我的团队 每一个怪人们 |
[21:25] | Joe Eula’s gonna be my illustrator. He’s fantastic. | 乔·尤拉是我的设计插画师 他非常卓越 |
[21:28] | He drew collections for Vogue, for Givenchy, for Coco Chanel. | 他替《时尚》 纪梵希 香奈儿画插画 |
[21:32] | Chic is hard to capture. It’s elusive, but he can do it. | 时髦难以捕捉 飘渺不定 但他能做到 |
[21:36] | Why do you need an illustrator? | 你为什么需要插画师 |
[21:38] | I want to see a whole collection laid out in front of me. | 我想看到整个系列作品摆在我眼前 |
[21:40] | “Get rid of that. Lower that neckline.” | “去掉那个 领口更低” |
[21:43] | It’s a very intimate relationship | 设计师和插画师 |
[21:44] | between a designer and his illustrator. | 之间的关系非常亲密 |
[21:47] | Joe’s more of like a second brain, | 乔更像是我的第二个大脑 |
[21:49] | but stop breaking my train of thought. | 但你别打断我说话 |
[21:51] | – Sorry. – Elsa Peretti. | -抱歉 -艾尔莎·佩雷蒂 |
[21:53] | She’s gonna be my fit model. She’s Italian. | 她是我的试衣模特 意大利人 |
[21:55] | Comes from money, but she’s left all that behind. | 家里富裕 但她抛弃了一切 |
[21:57] | She’s stunning. You can’t take your eyes off her. | 她美极了 让你目不转睛 |
[22:00] | Some models just wear clothes | 有些模特只是穿衣服 |
[22:01] | Elsa, she makes them her own. | 艾尔莎 她让衣服成为自己的一部分 |
[22:03] | I thought Liza was your muse? | 我以为丽莎是你的缪斯 |
[22:05] | Well, you can’t have too many muses. | 缪斯永远不嫌多 |
[22:07] | Don’t be jealous, Ed. | 别嫉妒 埃德 |
[22:12] | Then there’s this kid, Schumacher. | 还有这个小孩 舒马赫 |
[22:15] | He does the windows at Paraphernalia. | 他为烟店布置橱窗 |
[22:17] | He’ll bring me that young attitude. | 他会给我带来年轻人的态度 |
[22:20] | – Excuse me. Did you do this? – Yes. | -不好意思 这是你做的吗 -对 |
[22:23] | – Did you do this? – Yes. I… | -是你做的吗 -对 我… |
[22:25] | The team’s all in place. | 队员各就各位 |
[22:26] | Last thing I need to do is find the money. | 最后我只需要找到资金 |
[22:28] | The last thing? I’d have thought that’s the first thing you had to do. | 最后 我还以为这是你第一件要做的事 |
[22:30] | I just need a teensy-weensy million dollars. | 我只需要小小的一百万美金 |
[22:33] | A million dollars? | 一百万 |
[22:34] | The idea was to go to the rich husbands | 我本来计划去找以前我在 |
[22:35] | of my old clients at Bergdorf’s and ask them. | 波道夫百货客户的有钱丈夫 问他们要钱 |
[22:38] | 范德比尔特家族为美国有名的铁路大亨 恩格哈德家族坐拥国际矿业和金属企业集团 | |
[22:38] | Arthur Vanderbilt, Charles Engelhard, | 亚瑟·范德比尔特 查尔斯·恩格哈德 |
[22:40] | Baron de Rothschild. | 罗斯柴尔德男爵 |
[22:41] | And how did that work out? | 那进行的如何了 |
[22:44] | Well, they didn’t say no. | 反正他们没有拒绝 |
[22:48] | Anyway, I’m not worried. | 总之 我不担心 |
[22:50] | Tomorrow I have a meeting with Estelle Marsh. | 明天我要见艾丝特尔·马什 |
[22:52] | She’s the wife of a Texas oil baron. | 她是得州石油大亨的妻子 |
[22:55] | Don’t look at me like that. I’ve got this sewn up. | 别这么看着我 我都想好了 |
[23:02] | Mrs. Marsh, when was the last time anyone asked you, | 马什太太 上一次有人这么问你是什么时候 |
[23:06] | really asked you | 真正的问你 |
[23:08] | what you need? | 你需要什么 |
[23:11] | When I was at Bergdorf’s, I’d have my ladies sit in my chair, | 当我在波道夫百货时 我会让顾客坐在椅子上 |
[23:14] | and I’d say, “Tell me your troubles. | 问她们 “告诉我你的烦恼 |
[23:16] | What’s bothering you? What do you need?” | 你在为什么心烦 你需要什么” |
[23:18] | Such a small question | 微不足道的问题 |
[23:20] | which would almost without fail be met with, well, | 却几乎肯定会得到这样的答案 |
[23:22] | at first, a little sorrow. | 首先是一点忧伤 |
[23:24] | Because so few people in their lives, especially the men, | 因为她们的生活中几乎没有人 尤其是男人 |
[23:27] | ever thought to ask them that. | 想过要问她们这种问题 |
[23:29] | The way my ex-husband used to put it was, | 用我的前夫的话说就是 |
[23:31] | “What the fuck do you want?” | “你他妈想要什么” |
[23:39] | Mrs. Marsh. | 马什太太 |
[23:42] | Did you ever visit Balenciaga in Paris for Made to Order? | 你去巴黎的巴伦西亚加那定制过衣服吗 |
[23:49] | Come. | 过来 |
[23:52] | Balenciaga loves making women feel afraid. | 巴伦西亚加喜欢让他的客户心惊胆战 |
[23:55] | When you climb the stairs to his atelier, | 当你爬上他工作室的楼梯时 |
[23:57] | you’re met by a very stern secretary | 你会见到一位非常严厉的秘书 |
[24:00] | who makes you feel unimportant, even ugly. | 让你感觉自己无关紧要 甚至丑陋 |
[24:04] | That won’t happen here. | 这里不会发生这种事 |
[24:07] | This will be the lounge, where you’ll take a breath, | 这里是酒吧 让你调整身心 |
[24:10] | let go, tell us what you need, | 放松 告诉我们你需要什么 |
[24:13] | be reminded of what you’re capable of. | 记起自己的能耐 |
[24:15] | There’ll be tea, champagne… | 我们会提供茶水 香槟 |
[24:17] | Some of our younger staff may even be able to get you marijuana. | 一些年轻的员工甚至能给你大麻 |
[24:22] | Come. | 过来 |
[24:24] | Here. | 这里 |
[24:26] | This will be the salon. | 这里是美发沙龙 |
[24:27] | I’ll have my girls model the latest collection. | 我会让模特穿着最新的服装系列 |
[24:30] | Then you’ll choose from those designs, | 然后你从中选择 |
[24:32] | and then I’ll build your choices to your measurements. | 之后我根据你的尺寸做出你所选的服饰 |
[24:36] | Mrs. Marsh, | 马什太太 |
[24:38] | because women like Catherine Deneuve, Jackie Kennedy, | 因为凯瑟琳·德纳芙 杰姬·肯尼迪这样的女人 |
[24:41] | you custom order your clothing here, within five years, | 你在这的私人服装定制业务 在五年内 |
[24:45] | Halston Limited will be picked up | 侯斯顿有限公司会进入 |
[24:47] | by every reputable department store | 全美国所有知名的 |
[24:49] | in the United States. | 百货商场 |
[24:51] | I’m gonna change the face of American fashion. | 我要改变美国时尚的风貌 |
[24:54] | And it will all be because of you. | 而这都将归功于你 |
[24:58] | You could talk a leopard out of its spots. | 你这张嘴能让猎豹放弃奔跑 |
[25:03] | How much, exactly, are you looking for? | 你需要多少钱 |
[25:06] | A million dollars. | 一百万美元 |
[25:12] | I’ll give you 100,000. | 我给你十万美元 |
[25:14] | Oh, and you’re gonna hire my son, Michael. | 而且你要雇我的儿子 迈克 |
[25:17] | He’s handy. | 他手很巧 |
[25:19] | He can do all sorts of work. He could even model. | 能做各种工作 甚至能当模特 |
[25:23] | Deal. | 成交 |
[25:27] | Thank you, Mrs. Marsh. Thank you. Come. Let’s have tea. | 谢谢 马什太太 谢谢 来 我们喝茶 |
[25:31] | 侯斯顿 春夏季新品发布会 1968年2月11点30分 纽约68街东33号 | |
[25:43] | This is fucking terrible. Who made this one? | 这太糟了 是谁做的 |
[25:46] | I did. | 我 |
[25:48] | Don’t take this the wrong way, | 别误会 |
[25:49] | but that’s the worst fucking dress I’ve ever seen. | 但这是我见过最难看的裙子了 |
[25:52] | Looks like a prom dress, but for a Martian. | 看起来像舞会裙 但是火星人穿的 |
[25:55] | – Dai, Halston. – Okay, Halston, easy. | -别这样 侯斯顿 -行了 侯斯顿 放松 |
[25:57] | Don’t “Easy” me, Joe. | 别对我说”放松” 乔 |
[25:58] | We have a fucking show in two weeks. These designs are shit. | 我们两周后就有时装展 这些设计却根本不行 |
[26:01] | I think if she had a nice, big piece of chunky jewelry– | 我觉得如果她戴一件好看 巨大的珠宝 |
[26:04] | We’re not selling jewelry, Elsa! | 我们不卖珠宝 艾尔莎 |
[26:06] | We’re selling dresses to human women. | 我们卖裙子 给人类女性穿 |
[26:09] | – Take it off. – Maybe in the right color? | -脱掉 -或许是颜色不对 |
[26:11] | You do not get to talk. | 你没资格说话 |
[26:14] | Joel, these designs are not working. | 乔尔 这些设计不行 |
[26:16] | You must be able to see that. | 你必须明白 |
[26:17] | – Sorry. – No, don’t say sorry. Do better. | -抱歉 -不 别说抱歉 做得更好 |
[26:19] | Halston, please! | 侯斯顿 别这样 |
[26:21] | You’re mad at yourself and taking it out on the kid. | 你在生自己的气 还朝那孩子撒气 |
[26:23] | I cannot do this all on my own, everybody! | 我不能什么活都自己干 各位 |
[26:25] | I didn’t hire you so that I could do all the work myself. | 我雇你们不是为了自己包揽所有工作 |
[26:28] | – That’s what’s happening! – Why don’t we take a little break? | -现在就是这样 -不如我们休息下吧 |
[26:30] | Because we haven’t got time. | 因为我们没有时间 |
[26:39] | There’s not one of these designs I would put my name to. | 这里的所有衣服我都不会写上自己的名字 |
[26:41] | Not one. | 一件都不行 |
[26:47] | The fucking embarrassment. | 真是丢人 |
[26:51] | Where’s the suede trench coat? | 仿麂皮绒的风衣呢 |
[26:54] | Yeah, just one second. | 在 稍等 |
[27:06] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[27:08] | Well, this is stupid. It was raining today. | 这太蠢了 今天下雨了 |
[27:11] | Who wore it out in the rain? | 谁在下雨天把衣服穿出去了 |
[27:12] | It’s a trench coat, Halston. | 这是风衣 侯斯顿 |
[27:14] | I… I did. | 我 是我 |
[27:15] | Suede is not waterproof, as it turns out, and it just… | 结果仿麂皮绒不防水 它就… |
[27:19] | As you can see, it’s just not going to work. | 你能看出来 这件用不了了 |
[27:21] | Well, the cut’s fantastic. Look at it. | 但剪裁非常出色 瞧瞧这衣服 |
[27:24] | It’s just the wrong material, but it’s the right idea. | 只是材料不对 但设计想法正确 |
[27:26] | No, suede is not waterproof. | 不 仿麂皮绒不防水 |
[27:30] | But it is the right idea. | 但设计想法正确 |
[27:32] | No one else is doing that. I wanted that. I wanted that… | 没人这么做 我想要 我想要 |
[27:37] | that sensation. | 那种感觉 |
[28:00] | Everyone knows suede is not waterproof. | 大家都知道仿麂皮绒不防水 |
[28:04] | I know, Halston. I’m sorry. | 我知道 侯斯顿 对不起 |
[28:05] | Schumacher, you’re a junior partner, right? | 舒马赫 你是初级合伙人 对吧 |
[28:08] | – That’s your title. – Yeah. | -这是你的职位 -对 |
[28:10] | Do you think you’re earning that title as of now? | 你觉得到现在为止 你配得上这个职位吗 |
[28:16] | It’s a simple yes or no question. | 这是个简单的是与否问题 |
[28:17] | Are you earning the title of junior partner | 你现在配得上初级合伙人 |
[28:21] | right now? | 这个职位吗 |
[28:23] | No. | 配不上 |
[28:27] | Oh fuck. | 妈的 |
[28:36] | Halston. | 侯斯顿 |
[29:07] | Jesus! | 天呐 |
[29:08] | Sorry, thought I locked it. Sorry. | 抱歉 我以为锁住了 抱歉 |
[29:11] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[29:13] | I was just taking a second to collect my thoughts. | 我只是花点时间整理下思绪 |
[29:15] | No. What are you doing? | 别打哈哈 你在干什么 |
[29:18] | Is it heroin? | 是海洛因吗 |
[29:19] | No. No, it’s… it’s just speed. | 不不 只是安非他命 |
[29:24] | How often do you do that? | 你多长时间吸一次 |
[29:26] | Not– I’m– I don’t know, every… | 不是 我 我不知道 每个 |
[29:29] | Every day? | 每天吗 |
[29:30] | No, not always. | 不 不总是 |
[29:31] | You shoot speed every day? | 你每天都吸安非他命吗 |
[29:35] | Yeah. | 对 |
[29:36] | Yes, I do. | 是的 |
[29:39] | With all the work we’re doing, it’s… | 我们的工作量 这个… |
[29:41] | So, you started doing this when you came to work for me? | 所以你是来给我工作后才吸上的吗 |
[29:44] | No. No. | 不 不是 |
[29:46] | It’s just a thing I do. | 这是我的习惯 |
[29:48] | You know, it keeps me focused. | 能让我集中注意力 |
[29:50] | It’s… It’s how I get into the groove. | 这是 这是我获得灵感的方式 |
[29:55] | Do I need to do something here? Take you somewhere? | 我需要做点什么吗 带你去个什么地方 |
[30:00] | Do I need to be worried? | 我需要担心吗 |
[30:03] | No. | 不用 |
[30:07] | I… I don’t know. | 我 我不知道 |
[30:12] | I… I don’t belong here, do I? | 我不属于这里 对吧 |
[30:22] | I think we’re… | 我觉得我们 |
[30:24] | we’re all a bit like little ships lost at sea. | 我们都像海里的小船 |
[30:28] | We’ve all been through a lot. | 我们都经历过很多风浪 |
[30:30] | Left our families, been rejected one way or another. | 离开家人 被拒绝 |
[30:35] | Bunch of queers and freaks and girls who haven’t grown up yet. | 只是一群还没长大的同性恋 怪人和小女孩 |
[30:40] | I think you belong here. | 我觉得你属于这里 |
[30:42] | You’re very talented, Joel, but there’s too much at stake here. | 你很有才华 乔尔 但这里的工作不成功便成仁 |
[30:47] | I think you can see that. | 我想你明白 |
[30:49] | If you wanna keep working for me, you gotta get clean. | 如果你想继续为我工作 你得戒毒 |
[30:52] | I do. I mean, I will. | 我戒了 我会戒的 |
[30:56] | It’s just– | 只是 |
[30:57] | When you bite my head off about the designs– | 当你因为设计对我大发雷霆时 |
[30:59] | If you stop shooting speed, | 如果你不再吸安非他命 |
[31:02] | I’ll stop biting your head off. | 我就不对你大发雷霆 |
[31:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[31:08] | – Okay? – Okay. | -好吗 -好的 |
[31:13] | Halston. | 侯斯顿 |
[31:14] | There’s something I wanna show you. | 有些东西我想给你看 |
[31:16] | I didn’t show you because I thought you’d get mad, but… | 我之前没拿出来 因为我以为你会讨厌 但 |
[31:21] | it might be good. | 那可能不错 |
[31:29] | How did you make it? | 你怎么做的 |
[31:31] | Uh, just in my kitchen. | 在我厨房里 |
[31:33] | – Boiling dyes on the stove. – Oh, I love it. | -在灶台上煮沸染料 -我喜欢 |
[31:36] | No one’s doing this. | 没有人这么做 |
[31:38] | So modern, sensual. | 现代 性感 |
[31:42] | Here, help me find the middle of the length. | 来 帮我找到布料中线 |
[31:48] | Okay. Lay it down. | 好 放下 |
[31:52] | Scissors, someone. | 给我把剪刀 |
[31:56] | Thank you, Joe. | 谢谢 乔 |
[32:02] | Elsa, come. | 艾尔莎 过来 |
[32:12] | Now. | 好了 |
[32:12] | Lose that. | 这个不要 |
[32:15] | There’s something there. | 那里有点东西 |
[32:16] | Joel, just pin down this edge | 乔尔 把这边固定住 |
[32:18] | and bring these two edges together | 然后把这两边合在一起 |
[32:19] | in a diagonal going right down. | 对角线重合往这边来 |
[32:22] | Now, what about the lengths, Joe? | 长度要多少 乔 |
[32:24] | I’m thinking lower. | 我觉得低一些 |
[32:26] | Maybe bring up the hem. | 或许把褶边提起来 |
[32:28] | Yeah, let me see. | 对 让我看看 |
[32:33] | Now. | 好了 |
[32:36] | Che bello. | 真美 |
[32:39] | Something’s not right. | 有东西不对劲 |
[32:43] | It’s the hair. | 是头发 |
[32:53] | Et voilà. | 完美 |
[32:55] | Yes. | 没错 |
[32:57] | Now. Walk. | 走走看 |
[34:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[34:33] | Oh, they loved it! I think they loved it. | 大家喜欢 我觉得大家喜欢 |
[34:38] | Fuck. | 妈的 |
[34:39] | – Well, Halston, these are not bad. – They’re not good. | -侯斯顿 这些评论不坏 -也不好 |
[34:42] | Yes, this one is. | 这个好 |
[34:43] | Senti. “Effortless and elegant, | 听着 “毫无费力 优雅大方 |
[34:45] | Halston is an exciting new voice in women’s fashion.” | 侯斯顿是女性时尚里的崭新声音” |
[34:51] | Well… | 这个 |
[34:53] | “The look they’ve assembled here | “他们拼凑的设计 |
[34:54] | is thrown together or contrived.” | 像生搬硬凑或矫揉造作” |
[34:57] | Well, which is it, Bernadine Morris? | 到底是哪个 伯娜丁·莫里斯[评论家] |
[34:58] | Thrown together or contrived? | 生搬硬凑还是矫揉造作 |
[35:00] | This one says, “‘You’re either young or old,’ says Halston.” | 这个说 “侯斯顿说 你不是年轻就是年老” |
[35:03] | Well, that’s neither good nor bad. That’s just a quote. | 这既不好也不坏 只是引述 |
[35:06] | He never ever gets to talk. | 他没资格说话 |
[35:08] | A collection isn’t a success until there are orders. | 如果没有订单 时装系列就不算成功 |
[35:10] | How many orders do we have, Joel? | 我们现在有多少订单 乔尔 |
[35:12] | Not many. | 不多 |
[35:13] | Correct. Zero. Which is, yes, not many. | 没错 零订单 也是就不多 |
[35:16] | Well, on to the next collection. | 那我们开始下一个系列 |
[35:18] | What? There won’t be a next collection. | 什么 没有下一个系列了 |
[35:20] | This was fucking it. We’re $200,000 in debt. | 到此为止了 我们已经欠了二十万 |
[35:22] | We haven’t paid the rent of this place. | 还没有付这地方的房租 |
[35:24] | In two weeks, they’ll turn the lights out. | 两周后 他们就会把电力切断 |
[35:26] | Well, if we’re talking about money, | 如果是钱的问题 |
[35:27] | you could maybe spend less on orchids. | 你可以少买点兰花 |
[35:29] | That is missing the thrust of what I’m saying, | 这根本不是我所说的重点 |
[35:31] | and orchids are part of my process. | 而且兰花是我创作过程的必备品 |
[35:33] | Can’t put a budget on inspiration. | 灵感没有明码标价 |
[35:43] | I’ll get it. | 我来接 |
[35:45] | Pronto, Halston Limited. | 侯斯顿有限公司 |
[35:49] | Why does he always leave when I raise my voice? | 为什么我每次大声说话他就离开 |
[35:51] | – Am I that abrasive? – You want me to answer that question? | -我这么粗鲁吗 -你想让我回答这个问题吗 |
[35:54] | – Halston. – Who is it? Do they have any money? | -侯斯顿 -是谁 他们有钱吗 |
[36:01] | Hello? | 喂 |
[36:09] | You forgot to flush the toilet. | 你忘记冲厕所了 |
[36:12] | It’s ’cause… um… | 是因为 |
[36:14] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[36:23] | Come here. | 过来 |
[36:27] | We had a deal. | 我们之前说好了的 |
[36:28] | I’m under way too much pressure to be having a junkie on my team. | 我压力太多 团队里不能再有瘾君子了 |
[36:32] | It’s so much stress. | 太难以承受了 |
[36:33] | I know. How… how can you even handle it? | 我知道 你 你怎么能受得了 |
[36:38] | Because it only takes one person, | 因为只需要一个人 |
[36:41] | one socialite to change everything. | 一位名媛即能改变一切 |
[36:46] | If I can get my designs on the one right person, | 如果我能让一个正确的人穿上我的设计 |
[36:49] | I can get them on every woman in America. | 我就能让美国所有女人穿 |
[36:53] | It just takes one “Yes” | 只需要一个同意 |
[36:55] | from the most sophisticated socialite in New York City, | 一个来自纽约 鉴赏力出众的名媛 |
[36:59] | and I just got off the phone with her. | 而我刚跟她打完电话 |
[37:01] | Babe Paley just called, and she wants to see our collection. | 贝比·佩利刚来电了 她想看看我们的系列 |
[37:04] | Babe Paley? Are you serious? | 贝比·佩利 真的吗 |
[37:06] | Yes. Now get your fucking shit together. | 对 现在你赶紧振作起来 |
[38:54] | No, I didn’t say that. No, no, no. | 不 我没那么说 不不不 |
[38:58] | No, no. It’s… it’s just my takeout. | 不 只是 只是我的外卖到了 |
[39:00] | I mean, I love Liza. You know I do. | 我爱丽莎 你知道的 |
[39:03] | But I don’t think I can sit through another Liza with a “Z.” | 但你知道我不能再看一场”丽莎发翘舌音”表演了 |
[39:09] | I know. All right, honey. I’ll let you go. | 我知道 好 亲爱的 我让你走 |
[39:12] | Ciao, ciao. | 拜拜 |
[39:23] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你点事吗 |
[39:27] | What’s going on here? | 这里怎么回事 |
[39:29] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[39:30] | The past few weeks, I haven’t seen you smile. | 过去几周 我都没见到你笑 |
[39:33] | You dress different. You’re… | 你穿着不同了 你 |
[39:35] | You’re talking different, for God’s sake. | 你说话方式不同了 老天 |
[39:39] | I could be more to you. | 我可以多为你付出 |
[39:41] | Is this not working? | 现在的关系你不满意吗 |
[39:45] | No, it’s just that I… | 不 只是我… |
[39:51] | We see each other two, three nights a week? | 我们每周见彼此两三次 |
[39:56] | And I still don’t feel like I really know you. | 我依然感觉自己不了解你 |
[39:58] | That’s all. I wanna know you. | 仅此而已 我希望了解你 |
[39:59] | I think you know me very well, Ed. | 我觉得你很了解我 埃德 |
[40:02] | “I think you know me very well, Ed.” What is it with the voice? | “我觉得你很了解我 埃德” 这是什么语气 |
[40:05] | – What voice? – That one. | -什么语气 -就那个 |
[40:07] | You’re from Indiana. It’s like you’re imitating somebody. | 你来自印第安纳州 但感觉你在模仿别人 |
[40:09] | I am not. | 我没有 |
[40:11] | I take offense to that. I’ve always been this person. | 我觉得被冒犯了 我一直是现在的我 |
[40:15] | If anyone in this room has changed, it’s you. | 如果这个房间里有人改变了 那就是你 |
[40:17] | – Me? – Yes, I make you insecure. | -我吗 -对 我让你感到不安全 |
[40:19] | My ambition. | 我的野心 |
[40:21] | Didn’t use to be the case, but it obviously is now. | 以前不是这样 但显然现在是了 |
[40:23] | Looking for things to pick at. My voice? Good Lord. | 鸡蛋里挑骨头 我的语气 天呐 |
[40:27] | Well, all right. | 好吧 |
[40:29] | I don’t wanna argue. | 我不想吵架 |
[40:31] | I don’t either. | 我也不想 |
[40:34] | I think I’ll turn in. | 我该去睡了 |
[40:36] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[40:42] | I’d like to sleep alone. | 我想一个人睡 |
[41:54] | Beautiful. | 美极了 |
[41:55] | Stunning, actually. | 美不胜收 |
[42:00] | But I can’t wear them every day. | 但我不能每天都穿这些 |
[42:03] | You’re… you’re interested in every day? | 你 你想要些日常的衣着吗 |
[42:06] | Then let me show you something I’ve been developing. | 那让我给你看看我正在开发的作品 |
[42:09] | Elsa. | 艾尔莎 |
[42:26] | I call it Ultrasuede. | 我称之为奥司维 即类仿麂皮绒 |
[42:28] | I was working a lot with suede, which I adore. | 我之前用了很多仿麂皮绒 我也很喜欢 |
[42:30] | But wear it in the rain and it’s ruined. | 但如果雨天穿出去就毁了 |
[42:32] | So, it occurred to me, I should create my own. | 所以我就想 我该创造自己的面料 |
[42:36] | This is a new synthetic. | 这是种新合成材料 |
[42:38] | You can throw it in the wash. You can dress it up. | 你可以扔进洗衣机 可以好好打扮 |
[42:41] | You can wear it to lunch. You can take the kids to school in it. | 可以穿去教堂 可以穿着它送孩子上学 |
[42:44] | It’s sexy. It’s comfort. | 性感 舒适 |
[42:47] | It’s freedom. | 自由 |
[42:49] | I’ll take one in every color. | 每种颜色都给我来一件 |