时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:40] | That belt’s not working. Here. | 这条腰带不行 过来 |
[00:44] | Okay. Go. | 行 去吧 |
[01:28] | So, it’s come to this, has it, Sassy? | 所以变成这样了 对吗 萨茜 |
[01:31] | It was a dazzling show. | 那是场精彩绚烂的表演 |
[01:33] | Shouldn’t there be a hundred people here | 难道不该有一百个人在这里 |
[01:35] | saying just those very words? | 说这句话吗 |
[01:37] | Staying up too late, having too much fun. | 睡得太晚 玩得太嗨 |
[01:42] | But, no, it’s just you and me. | 但是 不 只有我和你 |
[01:44] | You’re only here ’cause you’re being paid so I’m not alone. | 你来只是因为我付你钱 好让我不是孤家寡人 |
[02:03] | You’ve got the reviews, haven’t you, Sassy? | 你看了那些评论 对吗 萨茜 |
[02:10] | I don’t wanna hear them. | 我不想听那些话 |
[02:14] | They’re all jealous of me since I became a big star. | 自从我成了大明星 他们都妒忌我 |
[02:19] | I confuse people. | 我让人们很困惑 |
[02:22] | They see me on Donahue, then they see me out and about | 他们看我上了《唐纳休脱口秀》 然后看到我和 |
[02:24] | with Barbara Walters or Andy Warhol or Cher. | 芭芭拉·华特斯 安迪·沃霍尔或雪儿一起出去 |
[02:28] | I get it. I’ve got too much. | 我明白 我得到的太多 |
[02:30] | I’d hate me. | 我也会讨厌我 |
[02:36] | What do you think is the main criticism? | 你觉得批评主要是什么 |
[02:40] | I think it’s mostly that, | 我觉得主要是 |
[02:42] | at one point, you reinvented women’s fashion. | 你曾一度重塑了女性时尚 |
[02:46] | Wrapped a woman in a feeling. | 让女人沉浸在一种感觉里 |
[02:48] | In your taste. | 在你的品位中 |
[02:51] | And now it’s all sweatshirts and zippers and– | 现在全是些运动衫和拉链外套 |
[02:55] | Oh, fuck you. | 去你的 |
[02:56] | I’m not saying that. They are. | 这不是我说的 是他们说的 |
[02:58] | Oh, darling. I’m only kidding. | 亲爱的 我只是在开玩笑 |
[03:08] | Read one. | 读一条 |
[03:14] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:25] | “His new line for JCPenney is Halston…” | “他为杰西潘尼准备的新产品被 |
[03:28] | Go on. | 继续 |
[03:31] | “…is Halston diluted to a pale substance | “被稀释到苍白侯斯顿 |
[03:33] | that is a flimsy representation of the designer’s work.” | 这是设计师作品的低劣代表” |
[03:39] | Another one. | 再读一条 |
[03:47] | “Halston’s mega-collection for the American mall | “侯斯顿的美国购物中心超级典藏版 |
[03:50] | is undermined by inattention to fit.” | 因不合身而名声大减” |
[03:52] | “A red and black jersey suit, for example, is–“ | “比如 一件红黑色的运动套装 |
[03:55] | I can’t hear you! | 我听不见 |
[03:56] | “…is shown on a realistically short, plumpish model | “被穿在一个既矮又丰满的模特身上 |
[03:59] | but cut so sloppily as to all but engulf her.” | 但剪裁非常肥大 好像只是为了裹住她” |
[04:02] | “Conversely, a hot purple wrap dress | “相反 一件深紫色的裹身裙 |
[04:04] | is too skimpy to pass muster at a proper luncheon, | 太紧太暴露 不适合正经的午餐会 |
[04:07] | or for that matter, at the neighborhood singles’ bar.” | 倒是很适合附近的单身酒吧” |
[04:21] | Reviews don’t matter. | 这些评论不重要 |
[04:25] | 侯 斯 顿 第 五 集 | |
[04:36] | Hey, good morning. How are you? | 你好 早上好 你还好吗 |
[04:41] | Good morning, everyone. | 早上好 各位 |
[04:44] | Hi. | 你们好 |
[04:54] | How are you? | 你好 |
[05:16] | That was a Moser, you fucking idiot. | 那是摩瑟水晶 你个蠢货 |
[05:19] | I don’t care what the fuck it was. | 我不管那是什么 |
[05:20] | Your things that’s all you care about. Your fucking things. | 你只在乎你的东西 你的破东西 |
[05:22] | They’re so precious, so valuable. | 它们特别珍贵 非常值钱 |
[05:24] | You know what’s the most valuable thing | 知道你拥有最值钱的东西 |
[05:25] | you’ve ever had, Halston? Me. | 是什么吗 侯斯顿 是我 |
[05:27] | Yes, you really are my rock, aren’t you, Victor? | 是的 你真是我坚实的依靠 对吗 维克多 |
[05:29] | Fuck you. | 去你的 |
[05:31] | Victor. What do I need to do to get you to leave? | 维克多 我要怎么做才能让你离开 |
[05:35] | As if you could. | 就好像你可以似的 |
[05:36] | You’ll fucking start crying. “Please, Victor, don’t leave.” | 你会开始痛哭 “求你了 维克多 别走” |
[05:39] | “You’re the genius. Everything I have is because of you.” | “你是天才 我拥有的一切都是因为你” |
[05:42] | – You never heard me say that. – Bullshit! | -你从没听到我这么说 -胡说 |
[05:44] | You take all the credit. You take all the fucking money. | 你抢走了所有的功劳和钱 |
[05:46] | But you know it all came from here. From this brain. | 但你知道这都来自这里 这颗大脑 |
[05:49] | Do I take any fucking credit? | 我受到过任何赞誉吗 |
[05:51] | No, you treat me like a fucking dog. | 没有 你像对条狗一样对待我 |
[05:52] | Victor. | 维克多 |
[05:54] | Just tell me, what is it you want from me? | 告诉我 你想从我这里得到什么 |
[06:00] | I want a million dollars. | 我想要一百万美金 |
[06:03] | I want a space. A big one. Just like Warhol. | 我想要一个大房子 像沃霍尔那样 |
[06:06] | I want my own Factory so I can scale up my work. | 我想要自己的制造厂来扩大生产 |
[06:08] | Fucking Andy has everybody doing it for him. That’s what I want. | 所有人都在帮安迪干活 这就是我想要的 |
[06:11] | A million dollars? You’ll make that money back in a year. | 一百万美元 你一年内就能挣回来 |
[06:14] | It’s good business. | 这是笔好买卖 |
[06:15] | You’re out of your tiny mind. | 你真是疯了 |
[06:17] | That’s the least I deserve. | 这是我至少应得的 |
[06:18] | Well, it’s not nearly what you deserve, Victor, | 这根本不是你应得的 维克多 |
[06:21] | but I just want you to leave. | 但我只想让你离开 |
[06:25] | You don’t want to do this, man. | 你不想这么做的 伙计 |
[06:27] | I have dirt on you, Halston. | 我有你的黑料 侯斯顿 |
[06:28] | All the home movies, the videos? | 所以那些家庭电影 录像 |
[06:31] | You think the old ladies that go buy your shit at JCPenney’s | 你觉得那些去杰西潘尼买你衣服的老太太 |
[06:34] | they’re gonna like to hear what you do in the bedroom? | 想听到你在卧室里的所作所为吗 |
[06:35] | Don’t you fucking dare. | 你他妈敢 |
[06:37] | Oh, I’ll do it, bitch. | 我会做的 混蛋 |
[06:38] | You fucking pay me, or I’ll send it to Donahue. | 给我钱 否则我把录像送给唐纳休 |
[06:44] | That’s what you’re gonna do? Blackmail me? | 这就是你要做的吗 勒索我 |
[06:46] | After all these years protecting you? | 在我保护你这么多年 |
[06:48] | – You’er not… – Providing for you? | -你没有… -养活你这么多年后吗 |
[06:49] | That’s what you’re gonna leave me with? | 你就是这样对待我的吗 |
[06:51] | Get the fuck outta here, and don’t ever fucking come back. | 滚出去 别再回来 |
[06:53] | You broke my fucking nose, Halston! I’m gonna fucking sue you! | 你把我的鼻梁打断了 侯斯顿 我要去告你 |
[07:21] | Susan! | 苏珊 |
[07:25] | Something’s wrong with these numbers. | 这些数字有问题 |
[07:27] | It says here he spent $40,000 last year on just orchids. | 上面说他去年仅在兰花上就花了4万美金 |
[07:30] | – Oh, no, that’s right. – What about these travel expenses? | -不 这没错 -那这些差旅费呢 |
[07:34] | Here. $354,000 in one year? | 这里 一年花了35.4万美元吗 |
[07:38] | Somebody make a mistake and put an extra zero? | 有人搞错了 多加了一个零吗 |
[07:40] | Well, he takes the limo everywhere. | 他去哪里都坐豪华轿车 |
[07:41] | That’s $5,000 a month right there. | 那就是每月五千美金 |
[07:44] | Then, last month, | 然后 上个月 |
[07:45] | Martha Graham was being honored in Paris, | 玛莎·葛莱姆在巴黎获奖 |
[07:48] | so he bought a new set of Goyard luggage, | 他买了一套新的戈雅行李箱 |
[07:50] | flew himself and 11 staff members to France on a private jet, | 带着11位员工乘私人飞机去了法国 |
[07:53] | put ’em all up at the Ritz. | 让他们全住在丽兹卡尔顿酒店 |
[07:55] | Why is he flying to Paris for Martha Graham? | 他为什么为了玛莎·葛莱姆飞去巴黎 |
[07:57] | They’re old friends. He’s bankrolling her dance company. | 他们是老朋友 他在资助她的舞蹈团 |
[08:00] | No. Why is Esmark supposed to pay for that? | 不 埃斯马克公司为什么要为这个付钱 |
[08:05] | Test fabrics. $750,000. | 测试织物 75万美金 |
[08:10] | Come on, someone’s gotta be skimmin’ off the top. | 拜托 一定有人在暗中抽成 |
[08:12] | What’s muslin cost? Five bucks? | 平纹细布多少钱 5美金吗 |
[08:14] | He doesn’t use muslin when he’s designing. | 他设计时不用平纹细布 |
[08:17] | If the dress is gonna be in satin, he builds it in satin. | 如果裙子是缎子的 他就用缎子来制作 |
[08:20] | I mean, I get it. His whole allure is in materials. | 这点我明白 他的全部魅力就在于材料 |
[08:22] | How it falls and whatnot. | 垂顺的质感 |
[08:24] | He’s the artist. Fabric’s his medium. | 他是艺术家 材料就是他的媒介 |
[08:27] | That’s just the way it is. | 仅此而已 |
[08:32] | You know what happens if I go to the board of Esmark Corporation, | 你知道如果我去埃斯马克公司会发生什么吗 |
[08:35] | a publicly-traded company, | 一家上市公司的董事会 |
[08:36] | and tell them the division I was hired to turn around | 告诉他们我被雇来扭转局面的部门 |
[08:39] | can’t control its costs because “that’s just the way it is,” huh? | 无法控制成本 因为”仅此而已” |
[08:43] | – What do you think happens? – You get fired? | -你觉得会发生什么 -你被解雇吗 |
[08:48] | – Halston! I love it. – He’s on a call! | -侯斯顿 我喜欢这个 -他正在打电话 |
[08:52] | Oh, I’m sorry, Liza. I’ve gotta go. | 抱歉 丽莎 我得挂了 |
[08:54] | An egg salad sandwich just walked into my office. | 一个鸡蛋沙拉三明治刚走进我的办公室 |
[08:57] | – Oh, goodness. – Lots of love. | -天啊 -爱你 |
[08:58] | Yeah. Call me back. | 行 给我回电话 |
[09:02] | Your expenses are through the roof. | 你的花费高得惊人 |
[09:04] | You told me you gonna take care of that. | 你说过会处理好的 |
[09:06] | I think you must be suffering from delusions, Carl. | 我想你一定是出现了幻觉 卡尔 |
[09:08] | I said no such thing. | 我没说过这种话 |
[09:10] | I’m designing for you on a scale | 我正无比辛苦地 |
[09:12] | that can only be described as Herculean. | 替你们做设计 |
[09:14] | Those numbers reflect how I can achieve that. | 这些数字反映了我是如何做到的 |
[09:17] | I’ve given you suitcases, sunglasses. | 我已经给你们设计了箱包 太阳镜 |
[09:20] | I’ve given you knitwear. I’ve given you belts. | 针织衫和腰带 |
[09:22] | Well, how about menswear? | 那男装呢 |
[09:24] | Home furnishings? You told me those would be ready 3 weeks ago. | 家具呢 你说三周前就会设计好 |
[09:27] | – Where are they? – Well, this isn’t canned goods, Carl. | -东西呢 -这不是罐头食品 卡尔 |
[09:30] | I was not in canned goods, Halston. | 我不在罐头公司工作 侯斯顿 |
[09:33] | I was the general manager of the Playtex division of Esmark, | 我曾是埃斯马克公司”倍儿乐”部门的总经理 |
[09:36] | and now I am the managing director of Halston. | 现在是侯斯顿的董事总经理 |
[09:39] | Okay, well, I don’t design tampons, Carl. | 好吧 我不设计卫生棉条 卡尔 |
[09:42] | Although I’m sure you’ll ask me at some point. | 尽管我确定你总有一天会让我设计 |
[09:44] | I’m working myself to the bone. Seven days a week. | 我正拼死拼活工作 一周工作七天 |
[09:48] | I know. You’re burning the candle at both ends. | 我知道 你日夜操劳 特别累 |
[09:51] | I know how you’re doing it too. | 我也知道你是怎么做的 |
[09:53] | Janitors come in here at night, | 管理员晚上进来这里 |
[09:55] | and they take Polaroids of cocaine residue on your desk. | 他们拍了几张你桌上可卡因残留物的照片 |
[10:00] | You wanna see? | 你想看看吗 |
[10:01] | No. | 不想 |
[10:08] | You got a drug problem, Halston. | 你有毒瘾 侯斯顿 |
[10:10] | Or drugs and alcohol. I don’t know. | 或毒瘾和酒瘾 我说不清 |
[10:12] | What I do know is that if you just got back to normal, | 我知道的是 如果你恢复正常 |
[10:15] | we could get this place humming, you and me. | 我们可以让这个地方焕发活力 |
[10:18] | Normal? | 正常 |
[10:21] | What is normal, Carl? | 什么是正常 卡尔 |
[10:24] | Are you normal? | 你正常吗 |
[10:28] | Just give me the Mexico deal. | 把墨西哥的订单给我 |
[10:31] | You don’t even have to say yes. Just wave your hand, and it’s done. | 你甚至不必说”行” 你挥挥手 就完成了 |
[10:36] | It’s all ready to go. | 一切都准备就绪 |
[10:37] | $30 million right there. You can keep spending however you want. | 3千万美金就在那里 你想怎么花都行 |
[10:43] | No. | 不行 |
[10:44] | Don’t say no until you know what you’re saying no to. | 在知道你在拒绝谁前 不要说”不” |
[10:47] | I know what I’m saying no to. That’s the last word. | 我知道我在拒绝谁 这是最后一句话 |
[10:50] | You diluted my brand more than enough, thank you very much. | 你们已经把我的品牌稀释得够多了 非常感谢 |
[10:53] | I will not put my name and my legacy | 我不会把我的名字和传承 |
[10:56] | on licenses designed by other people! | 放在别人设计的经销店 |
[10:59] | People that I do not know and I have not approved! | 那些我不认识 我不认同的人 |
[11:01] | I categorically refuse! Now get out! | 我断然拒绝 现在出去 |
[11:08] | Just wave your hand, Halston. | 就挥挥你的手 侯斯顿 |
[11:11] | Just nod your head. | 就点点你的头 |
[11:13] | Look at my head, Carl. | 看着我的头 卡尔 |
[11:16] | It’s not moving. | 它没动 |
[11:33] | Oh, no, no, no. Thank you. | 不 不 不了 谢谢 |
[11:35] | I… I’ve had quite enough. | 我 我喝得够多了 |
[11:44] | Halston. | 侯斯顿 |
[11:47] | You look tired. | 你看起来很累 |
[11:49] | It’s getting old, Martha. | 我老了 玛莎 |
[11:51] | One foot in the grave. | 行将就木了 |
[11:55] | I’m only kidding. I’m just under a bit of pressure. | 开玩笑 我只是压力有点大 |
[12:00] | Can I say something? Out of love. | 我能说句话吗 出于爱 |
[12:05] | God forgive me for talking about critics, | 原谅我说起评论家 |
[12:08] | but you know what they say about critics, right? | 但你知道那些评论家说什么 对吗 |
[12:11] | They’ve all soured on me. | 他们都讨厌我 |
[12:13] | I know. | 我知道 |
[12:14] | Oh, well. Quel dommage. | 真可惜 |
[12:17] | Yes, but, Halston, | 是的 但侯斯顿 |
[12:19] | I feel like you’ve soured on you too. That’s the point. | 我觉得你也讨厌你自己 这才是关键 |
[12:23] | I know what you’re capable of. | 我知道你的能耐 |
[12:25] | You could wow them again if you wanted. | 如果你愿意 你可再次让他们大吃一惊 |
[12:28] | I know you could. | 我知道你可以 |
[12:31] | I just don’t care anymore. | 我只是再也不在乎了 |
[12:35] | I know who I am. I know what I am. | 我知道自己是谁 是什么样的人 |
[12:39] | I’m an artist. | 我是名艺术家 |
[12:41] | But I just care about the money at this point. | 但我现在只关心钱 |
[12:44] | Just wanna make as much of it as I can | 只想尽可能挣更多钱 |
[12:46] | and then drive off into the sunset. | 然后开始幸福的新生活 |
[12:50] | What? | 怎么了 |
[12:52] | You’ve just managed to cram “I’m an artist” | 你刚设法把”我是名艺术家” |
[12:56] | and “all I care about is money” into a single sentence. | 和”我只在乎钱”硬塞进一句话里 |
[13:00] | Well, what would you have me do? | 你想要我怎么做 |
[13:02] | Something different. | 不同的东西 |
[13:04] | Go get inspired. | 去找灵感 |
[13:05] | God, do something that isn’t about money, for Christ’s sake. | 天啊 做点与钱无关的事 |
[13:09] | Well, like what? | 比如呢 |
[13:12] | You could design the costumes for my new dance. | 你可以为我的新舞蹈设计演出服 |
[13:16] | With my arthritis, I… I can’t do it anymore. | 我有关节炎 不能再设计了 |
[13:20] | Be my hands. | 帮帮我 |
[13:25] | I’ve been dying to do Persephone. | 我一直非常渴望上演《珀耳塞福涅》 |
[13:27] | – Persephone? – Mm-hmm. | -《珀耳塞福涅》 -对 |
[13:29] | I was taken over by Esmark, Martha. | 我被埃斯马克公司接管了 玛莎 |
[13:32] | I have already descended into hell, thank you very much. | 我已准备好堕入地狱 非常感谢 |
[13:35] | You could have total freedom. | 你可以有完全的自由 |
[13:38] | It could do you good. | 这对你有好处 |
[13:44] | Dessert? | 吃甜点吗 |
[13:47] | Mohammed? | 穆罕默德 |
[13:50] | Martha wants dessert. | 玛莎想吃甜点 |
[13:52] | You’re impossible. | 你真是不可救药了 |
[13:56] | This just came through. | 刚收到这个 |
[13:59] | $200,000 for a plane ticket? | 一张机票20万美金吗 |
[14:03] | Halston took the Concorde. | 侯斯顿乘坐了协和式飞机 |
[14:04] | He told them not to bill him for six months | 他让他们6个月内不要出账单 |
[14:06] | so it wouldn’t come through on the quarterly report. | 这样账单就不会出现在季度报告里 |
[14:09] | Damn it! | 该死的 |
[14:20] | Get me Betty Ford. | 给我接贝蒂·福特 |
[14:22] | On his phone. | 接到他的电话上 |
[14:26] | Hello? | 喂 |
[14:27] | Hello, Mrs. Ford. This is Carl Epstein. | 你好 福特太太 我是卡尔·爱泼斯坦 |
[14:29] | I don’t know who that is. | 我不知道你是谁 |
[14:31] | Betty, it’s Halston. | 贝蒂 我是侯斯顿 |
[14:32] | Halston, are you okay? | 侯斯顿 你还好吗 |
[14:34] | Halston | 侯斯顿 |
[14:35] | is addicted to cocaine and alcohol. | 吸毒并酗酒上瘾 |
[14:38] | He’s out of control. | 他已经失控了 |
[14:39] | It has rendered him unable to fulfill his contractual obligations. | 这使他无法履行合同义务 |
[14:43] | Please, let Halston speak. | 请让侯斯顿说 |
[14:45] | I’m here, doll. | 我在听 亲爱的 |
[14:47] | Halston, do you need help? | 侯斯顿 你需要帮助吗 |
[14:49] | Well, of course I do. | 我当然需要 |
[14:51] | I need someone to add ten hours onto every day, | 我需要有人给每天多加10小时 |
[14:53] | but I doubt you can help me there. | 但我觉得你帮不了这点 |
[14:55] | And I need out of this Esmark contract. | 我还需要和埃斯马克公司解除合同 |
[14:58] | For a company that makes adult diapers, | 作为一个生产成人纸尿裤的公司 |
[15:00] | they certainly wet their pants an awful lot. | 他们确实经常尿裤子 |
[15:04] | Honestly, Betty, | 说真的 贝蒂 |
[15:05] | I’m fine. I hit a bit of a rough spot. I’m exhausted, but trust me. | 我很好 最近有点不顺 累坏了 但相信我 |
[15:09] | If I ever need any real help, you’ll be the first one I call. | 如果我感到需要帮助 会第一个联系你 |
[15:12] | I was thinking about you. | 我之前在想你 |
[15:13] | Remember that charmeuse fitted dress you wore | 还记得54年你穿去碧昂卡生日的 |
[15:15] | to Bianca’s birthday at 54? | 查米尤绉缎修身连衣裙吗 |
[15:17] | Yes. I remember it well. | 当然 我记得很清楚 |
[15:20] | Those were the days. | 那些日子真精彩 |
[15:21] | Oh, those were the days. | 确实精彩 |
[15:23] | But listen. There’s great days ahead. | 但听着 更精彩的日子还在后头 |
[15:25] | Give my love to Gerry, Betty. Goodbye. | 代我向杰里问好 贝蒂 再见 |
[15:32] | How dare you? | 你怎么敢 |
[15:36] | Who do you think you’re fucking with? | 你觉得你在跟谁斗 |
[15:37] | You pull that shit on me again, and I’ll have you killed! | 你再跟我来这么一出 我就杀了你 |
[15:40] | You hear me, you thick-fingered jackass? | 你听到了吗 胖手混蛋 |
[15:42] | Go back to hocking baked beans in a fucking can! | 回去包装罐装豆子吧 |
[15:48] | Gentlemen, the Halston ship has sunk. | 先生们 侯斯顿这艘船已经沉了 |
[15:52] | The drug abuse is bad. | 他的药物成瘾严重 |
[15:54] | The lack of respect, bad. | 不尊重别人 很严重 |
[15:57] | The refusal to sign off on licensing deals | 拒绝签署任何经销合同 |
[16:00] | that would keep this division afloat? | 能让这个部门盈利的合同 |
[16:03] | I’m sorry to report we’ve hit rock bottom. | 我很抱歉的说我们跌入谷底了 |
[16:08] | Halston arrives at the office at 6:00 P.M. | 侯斯顿晚上6点才到公司 |
[16:11] | This is after waking up around four in the afternoon, mind you. | 提醒各位 这是在他下午四点醒来后 |
[16:15] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[16:16] | Then he walks into his office and snorts cocaine. | 然后他来办公室吸可卡因 |
[16:20] | – He’s barely coherent. – …silk. | -他几乎无法交流 -…丝绸 |
[16:22] | At 7:00, he has a light supper. | 7点 他会吃个简单晚餐 |
[16:24] | She said, “I like my coffee the way I like my men.” | 她说 “我喜欢男人跟我的咖啡一样” |
[16:27] | This is before doing any work at all, mind you. | 这是在他干任何工作之前 提醒各位 |
[16:30] | Still hasn’t told anyone the plan. | 依然没告诉任何人计划 |
[16:32] | “…we don’t have any gay coffee.” | “我们没有基佬咖啡” |
[16:36] | I think the color we want here is persimmon. | 我觉得我们应该用柿子色 |
[16:39] | – And I’ll need to see that. – Okay. | -我得看看 -好 |
[16:42] | – Now? – No. | -现在吗 -不 |
[16:44] | No, that’s enough work for today. | 不 今天的工作够了 |
[16:47] | I’m not feeling inspired. | 我没有灵感 |
[16:50] | Meanwhile, the staff has been there since eight in the morning. | 与此同时 员工从早上八点就开始工作 |
[16:55] | It’s very clear to me what we have to do here. | 我认为该做什么已经很清楚 |
[17:07] | Sorry, I’ve been trying to call you. | 抱歉 我一直联系不上你 |
[17:10] | I had my phone off the hook. | 我把电话搁起来了 |
[17:13] | I had a headache. | 我头疼 |
[17:30] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[17:32] | I’m John David Ridge. | 我是约翰·大卫·里奇 |
[17:35] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
[17:36] | I’ve been hired to help design so you can make your deadlines. | 我被雇来帮你设计 好让你赶上截止日期 |
[17:44] | I would like to speak with John David Ridge in private, everybody. | 我想跟约翰·大卫·里奇单独谈谈 各位 |
[18:10] | You can understand why this is my worst nightmare. | 你能理解为什么这是我最糟的噩梦 |
[18:15] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:17] | The humiliation of this. | 这种耻辱 |
[18:21] | The betrayal. | 背叛 |
[18:26] | Building something that’s your own name | 建立自己名字的帝国 |
[18:30] | and then being replaced. | 然后被替换 |
[18:31] | I don’t think you’re being rep– | 我觉得你没有被替 |
[18:35] | But, yes, I imagine this must be very difficult. | 但是的 我能理解这肯定很难 |
[18:41] | I don’t know if I should say this. | 我不知道我是否该这么说 |
[18:44] | It’s an honor to be here. | 能来这里很荣幸 |
[18:46] | For me. | 对我而言 |
[18:48] | Just so you know. | 只想让你知道 |
[18:49] | It’s a dream come true to be working with you | 能为你工作就是梦想成真 |
[18:52] | and… | 而且 |
[18:55] | surreal. | 不真实 |
[18:57] | I’ve admired you for as long as I can remember. | 从我记事起我就一直崇拜你 |
[19:07] | Where did they find you? | 他们在哪找到你的 |
[19:09] | I’m a costume designer. | 我是名服装设计师 |
[19:11] | Broadway. | 在百老汇 |
[19:12] | We’re doing costumes now, are we? | 现在开始做服装了 对吧 |
[19:16] | It’s all costumes, though, really, isn’t it, fashion? | 但说白了时尚也就是服装 对吧 |
[19:22] | We dress ourselves up to be someone we’re not. | 我们打扮自己 成为我们不是的人 |
[19:26] | Jackie Kennedy’s pillbox hat. | 杰姬·肯尼迪的平顶小圆帽 |
[19:28] | Now there’s a bit of costume if ever there was one. | 如果有什么服装 那她的肯定是了 |
[19:40] | So, maybe you can help me fix this. | 或许你可以帮我修复这个 |
[19:43] | And what are we fixing? | 我们要修复什么 |
[19:47] | My name. | 我的名字 |
[19:50] | It’d be an honor. | 那是我的荣幸 |
[19:55] | I always wanted to do a cruise line. | 我一直想设计邮轮系列 |
[19:58] | You know, in the Caribbean tones. This might work. Do you think? | 用加勒比海的色调 这或许可以 你觉得呢 |
[20:01] | In aquamarine. | 用海蓝色 |
[20:02] | Yes. | 对 |
[20:04] | Yes, we could put a belt. | 对 我们可以加个腰带 |
[20:07] | – I like what you’ve done here. – Oh, thank you. | -我喜欢你在这里的工作 -谢谢 |
[20:13] | I can’t believe it. | 我不敢相信 |
[20:15] | It’s… it’s slanderous! | 就是 就是造谣中伤 |
[20:17] | I’m too nervous, darling. Can you read it to me? | 我太紧张了 亲爱的 你能念给我听吗 |
[20:20] | No! | 不 |
[20:21] | Liza, if you love me, | 丽莎 如果你爱我 |
[20:23] | then you’ll read it to me, okay? | 你就会念给我听 好吗 |
[20:26] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[20:33] | “It’s no secret celeb designer Halston loves the limelight.” | “众所周知名人设计师侯斯顿喜欢聚光灯” |
[20:37] | “A source close to the fashion icon | “一位与时尚达人关系密切的线人 |
[20:39] | paints a portrait of a designer unraveling.” | 揭露了设计师不为人知的一面” |
[20:42] | “A spirited drug user when partying at the notorious Studio 54, | “他是臭名昭著的54号俱乐部派对时的吸毒常客 |
[20:46] | Halston’s heavy cocaine use now extends through the workday | 侯斯顿的严重可卡因毒瘾如今延申至工作日 |
[20:50] | in his mirrored studio in the sky in Midtown’s Olympic Tower.” | 在他满是玻璃的中城奥林匹克大厦的办公室内” |
[20:53] | Blah, blah, blah. | 全是废话 |
[20:55] | “Artist Victor Hugo is the designer’s lover man of longstanding, | “艺术家维克多·雨果是设计师的长期男性爱人 |
[20:59] | but Halston has also enlisted | 但侯斯顿还招妓 |
[21:01] | some of Manhattan’s priciest male prostitutes.” | 曼哈顿最昂贵的男妓” |
[21:05] | “His preferred gigolos have purportedly visited | “他喜欢的舞男据称拜访过 |
[21:08] | with the insatiable designer–“ | 这个贪得无厌的设计师” |
[21:09] | That’s enough. | 够了 |
[21:10] | All right. It’s bad, okay? | 好吧 确实很糟 好吗 |
[21:13] | But look at it this way– | 但这么看 |
[21:15] | No, it’s Victor. | 不 这是维克多 |
[21:17] | It’s not gonna stop. | 不会停的 |
[21:22] | He has tapes, Liza. | 他有录像带 丽莎 |
[21:25] | Home videos of he and I with– Well… | 自制录像带 他和我的…好吧 |
[21:28] | Halston. | 侯斯顿 |
[21:30] | God, how could you do that? | 天呐 你怎么能这样 |
[21:32] | You can’t leave yourself so exposed. Not when you’re famous. | 你不能让自己这么暴露 尤其是成名后 |
[21:35] | I know. I know. I… | 我知道 我知道 我… |
[21:38] | I was so high every time. | 我每次都磕嗨了 |
[21:41] | And I trusted him. | 而且我信任他 |
[21:44] | All right, honey. Here’s what you’re gonna do. | 好吧 亲爱的 接下去这样 |
[21:47] | – Pay him off. – No. | -给他钱 -不 |
[21:49] | Halston. | 侯斯顿 |
[21:50] | Pay him off! | 给他钱 |
[21:52] | He’ll be out of your life forever, and then you can move on. | 他就会永远离开你的生活 之后你就能翻篇 |
[21:56] | I’m not gonna give him one goddamn cent. | 我不会给他一毛钱 |
[22:01] | He already cost me so much. | 他已经花费了我太多 |
[22:13] | 6572? | 六五七二 |
[22:16] | 6572? | 六五七二 |
[22:19] | 6572? | 六五七二 |
[22:34] | May I smoke? | 我能抽烟吗 |
[22:42] | How long have I got? | 我得多久了 |
[22:44] | That’s hard to say. | 很难说 |
[22:46] | Have you had any pneumonia-like symptoms? | 你有任何类似肺炎的症状吗 |
[22:49] | Dark splotches on your skin? | 皮肤上的黑点 |
[22:53] | Well, that is encouraging. | 这是好事 |
[22:55] | Do you think you’ll need a counselor? | 你觉得你需要一个律师吗 |
[23:05] | No. | 不用 |
[23:08] | I need to speak to my PR agent. | 我需要跟公关谈谈 |
[23:11] | You see, I don’t have AIDS. | 我没得艾滋 |
[23:17] | I have liver cancer, should anyone ask. | 如果任何人问起 我得了肝癌 |
[23:20] | Sorry, I’m thinking out loud. | 抱歉 我把想法说了出来 |
[23:29] | Anything new on Page Six? | 《第六小报》有什么新消息吗 |
[23:31] | No, but there is something you should know. | 没有 但有件事你该知道 |
[23:36] | You. | 你 |
[23:37] | You said I could trust you. | 你说过我能信任你 |
[23:39] | You said you were here to support me. | 你说过你是来支持我的 |
[23:41] | Halston, I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 侯斯顿 我不知道你在说什么 |
[23:43] | You submitted a sketch to Epstein behind my back! | 你背着我给了爱泼斯坦设计图 |
[23:45] | We were eight weeks behind. He needed a design. | 我们已经落后八周了 他需要一个设计 |
[23:48] | I… I couldn’t get in touch with you. | 我 我联系不到你 |
[23:50] | You didn’t pick up the phone. You didn’t come in yesterday. | 你不接电话 你昨天也没来 |
[23:52] | – I didn’t know what to do. – How dare you? | -我不知道该怎么办 -你怎么敢 |
[23:53] | How dare you? | 你怎么敢 |
[23:57] | How dare you be so irresponsible | 你怎么敢这么不负责任 |
[23:58] | with the empire you spent your whole life working for? | 对待自己用毕生精力打造的商业帝国 |
[24:02] | How could you be so careless with your own brand? | 你怎么会对自己品牌如此不上心 |
[24:05] | Your own name. | 你自己的名字 |
[24:07] | You are the most talented man I have ever met, | 你是我见过最有才华的人 |
[24:09] | and you are throwing that away. | 你却把这些都拱手抛弃 |
[24:12] | And I will never understand why. | 我永远都理解不了为什么 |
[24:20] | Send everybody home. | 让所有人回家 |
[24:41] | Halston, you can’t just quit. | 侯斯顿 你不能辞职 |
[24:43] | Yes, I can. | 我可以 |
[24:44] | I quit. There, it’s done. | 我辞职 好了 完活 |
[24:47] | Quitting would be breaking your contract. | 辞职就是违约 |
[24:50] | You would owe us $925 million. | 你就会欠我们9亿2千5百万 |
[24:53] | Well, you okayed a design without my permission, | 你在我没允许的情况下通过了一个设计 |
[24:56] | so you broke our contract. | 所以你违约了 |
[24:57] | So you owe me $925 million. | 所以你欠我9亿2千5百万 |
[25:00] | This isn’t working. | 这样说不通 |
[25:02] | You said it yourself. | 你自己也说过 |
[25:03] | So we’re bending over backwards here trying to restructure a deal | 所以我们在这低声下气跟你重新签合同 |
[25:06] | to make you happy so we can be happy. | 让你开心 好让我们也开心 |
[25:09] | Well, I’m not happy. | 我不开心 |
[25:10] | It’s a good deal, Halston. | 这是个好合约 侯斯顿 |
[25:12] | All we’re asking for is… is 20 days out of the year. | 我们只要求 每年二十天 |
[25:16] | Ten for Penney’s. Ten on fragrances. | 十天给杰西潘尼 十天给香水 |
[25:18] | We can take care of the rest. | 其他的我们搞定 |
[25:20] | That leaves you 345 days that you don’t have to do anything. | 这样你就有345天可以无所事事 |
[25:24] | How can you not be happy with that? | 你怎么能不开心呢 |
[25:26] | Don’t know. It’s a mystery, isn’t it? | 不知道 这是个谜团 对吧 |
[25:27] | Nick, would you please talk some sense into your client? | 尼克 你能跟你的当事人讲讲道理吗 |
[25:29] | Here’s my offer, Carl. | 这是我的提议 卡尔 |
[25:30] | You fuck off. | 你滚 |
[25:33] | And you fuck off, and you and you and you, | 你也滚 还有你和你和你 |
[25:36] | you can all fuck off, and I’ll find someone new to work for. | 你们都可以滚了 我会找新的人合作 |
[25:40] | Someone who knows how to manage talent, | 一个会管理天赋的人 |
[25:41] | which you’ve never known how to do, Carl. | 这是你永远都不知道怎么做的事 卡尔 |
[25:44] | And you mark my words. | 你记住我的话 |
[25:46] | I’ll start from scratch, and in one year, | 我会从头开始 一年后 |
[25:48] | I’ll be bigger than I ever was. | 我会比从前更加有名 |
[25:50] | Bigger than Calvin Klein. | 比卡尔文·克雷恩还大牌 |
[25:51] | You know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[25:53] | Because I have two things that you’ll never have. | 因为我有两样你永远没有的东西 |
[25:55] | My talent and my name. | 我的才能和姓名 |
[26:03] | Okay. Let’s just take a break so Mr. Lewin can familiarize his client | 好吧 我们休息下 让卢文先生告诉他的客户 |
[26:08] | with the basics of contract law and logic. | 基本的合同法和逻辑 |
[26:25] | I’m high-strung, Nick. I’d be the first to admit it. | 我神经过敏 尼克 我是第一个承认的人 |
[26:28] | Evicting you, telling the press. | 驱逐你 告诉媒体 |
[26:31] | What did you think they would do? | 你觉得他们会怎么做 |
[26:32] | And you gave away all our leverage. | 而且你把我们的筹码全交出去了 |
[26:35] | The deal we had to take, it was a hundred times worse. | 我们不得不接受的合约 要糟糕一百倍 |
[26:37] | Nick, I know, I went off the deep end. Really. | 尼克 我知道 我跳入了深渊 真的 |
[26:40] | But I signed the contract, and I have turned the page. | 但我签了合同 我也翻篇了 |
[26:44] | I’ve been clean and sober for two weeks. | 我已经两周没有吸毒了 |
[26:46] | I even look better. | 我甚至更精神了 |
[26:48] | Thanks for noticing. | 谢谢你注意到 |
[26:49] | And what it is, a million dollars a year, | 而且是什么来这 每年一百万 |
[26:52] | and I don’t have to do anything. | 我什么都不用做 |
[26:54] | Well, it’s not as simple as that. | 不是那么简单 |
[26:58] | Well, I know it’s not as much money as I’m used to, but we’ll be fine. | 我知道这钱不如以前多 但我们会没事的 |
[27:01] | I’m gonna start over. Set up meetings all over town. | 我要从头开始 在城里会见他人 |
[27:04] | We’ll find a new backer. | 我们会找到新的资助人 |
[27:05] | You can’t just go work for somebody else. | 你不能去给别人工作了 |
[27:07] | I know what they said, but they can’t hold me to that. | 我知道他们这么说 但他们不能拿我怎么办 |
[27:10] | Of course they can. That was the agreement. | 他们当然可以 这是合约 |
[27:12] | Well, then get me out of it. | 那让我摆脱 |
[27:13] | You sold your name, Halston. | 你卖了自己的名字 侯斯顿 |
[27:16] | Anything you make or try to sell, Esmark owns that. | 你制作或售卖的一切 都归埃斯马克公司 |
[27:22] | For how long? For a year? | 多久 一年 |
[27:25] | Five years? | 五年吗 |
[27:27] | For the rest of your life. | 你这辈子 |
[27:30] | You are not Halston anymore. | 你不再是侯斯顿了 |
[27:32] | They are. | 他们是 |
[27:44] | Well, moving forward, next time I sign a contract, | 接下去 下次我签合同时 |
[27:47] | I’ll be sure to read it first. | 我肯定先读读 |
[27:56] | Well, what can I do? | 那我能怎么办 |
[27:58] | Design dresses for your friends. | 给你的朋友设计裙子 |
[28:00] | But they can’t say they’re wearing Halston. | 但她们不能说自己穿着侯斯顿 |
[28:02] | I’m doing two Oscar dresses for | 我要给安吉丽卡·休斯顿和 |
[28:04] | Anjelica Huston and Geraldine Page. | 吉拉汀·佩姬设计奥斯卡颁奖典礼裙子 |
[28:06] | Well, then you’ll be doing it out of your own pocket. | 那你要花自己的钱设计 |
[28:09] | And they can’t say they’re wearing a Halston. | 而且她们不能说自己穿着侯斯顿的设计 |
[28:16] | This is their pound of flesh, Halston. | 这是他们的品牌了 侯斯顿 |
[28:19] | This is what you have to give up | 这就是你要放弃的东西 |
[28:20] | to get a million dollars every year without lifting a finger. | 每年无所事事也能拿到一百万美金 |
[28:26] | There’s also the subject of Victor. | 还有维克多的事 |
[28:29] | He’s threatening us now. | 他在威胁我们 |
[28:32] | If we don’t pay him off, | 如果我们不给他钱 |
[28:33] | he said he’s sending those tapes to People magazine. | 他就把录像带寄给《人物》杂志 |
[28:40] | Just give him the money. | 给他钱 |
[28:59] | I missed you. | 我想你了 |
[29:03] | I heard what happened. You got fucked. | 我听说发生的事了 你被坑了 |
[29:07] | I have a plan for us. | 我对我们有个计划 |
[29:09] | And you’re gonna love it. | 你会喜欢的 |
[29:13] | Halston, please. | 侯斯顿 拜托 |
[29:14] | Just hear me out. Please. | 听我说完 拜托 |
[29:16] | Okay, you and me. That’s settled. | 你和我 问题已经解决了 |
[29:19] | Thank you for the money. I appreciate it. | 谢谢你的钱 我很感激 |
[29:20] | I got what I deserved, so I’m not angry anymore. | 我得到了我应得的 所以我不生气了 |
[29:24] | You have talent, and I have talent. | 你有天赋 我有天赋 |
[29:27] | So we’re gonna figure this out together as a team. | 所以我们要作为团队找到解决方法 |
[29:30] | I’m not gonna let you give up. | 我不会让你放弃的 |
[29:31] | So you lost your name. Who cares? | 就算你失去了你的名字 谁在乎 |
[29:34] | We’re gonna start a new line, and it’s gonna be better. | 我们重新开一个新系列 会更加好 |
[29:36] | We’re gonna call it “Roy.” Everybody’s gonna love it. | 我们叫它”罗伊” 大家都会喜欢 |
[29:41] | What do you think? | 你觉得如何 |
[29:46] | What? | 怎么了 |
[29:48] | You’re still angry with me because of the money? | 你还因为钱跟我生气吗 |
[29:51] | Come on, baby. That’s just how I am. You know me, and I know you. | 拜托 宝贝 我就是这样 你懂我 我也懂你 |
[30:00] | I loved you. | 我爱过你 |
[30:04] | I did. | 真的 |
[30:27] | And… | 然后… |
[30:33] | Don’t take your eyes off her, Willy. | 视线别离开她 威利 |
[30:39] | Effort. | 努力 |
[30:41] | I need to see more effort. | 我要看到更多努力 |
[30:49] | We’ll get back to this. Let’s call that lunch. | 我们稍后再继续练 现在吃午饭 |
[30:59] | How are you, darling? | 你好吗 亲爱的 |
[31:01] | Well, besides the cancer and the soupçon of pneumonia, | 除了癌症和肺炎的可能性 |
[31:04] | I’m just peachy. | 我好极了 |
[31:07] | I called you several times. | 我给你打了好几次电话 |
[31:09] | Never heard back. | 没收到回电 |
[31:11] | I was worried you were done with me. | 我担心你跟我一刀两断了 |
[31:14] | Oh, darling, never. | 亲爱的 永远不 |
[31:17] | No, I just needed time to reflect. | 不 我只是需要时间反省 |
[31:21] | You probably heard I was fired. | 你大概听说我被炒了 |
[31:25] | I don’t even own my own creativity anymore. | 我甚至都不再拥有自己的创造力了 |
[31:30] | But you know me. | 但你了解我 |
[31:32] | I’ve got to create. | 我必须创造 |
[31:34] | So I was thinking… | 所以我在想 |
[31:38] | Would you still have me? | 你还想让我为你设计吗 |
[31:42] | Of course. | 当然 |
[31:44] | Oh, thank you, Martha. | 谢谢 玛莎 |
[31:47] | So how long have we got? When do we open? | 我们有多少时间 什么时候开幕 |
[31:49] | Oh, darling, we open in a week. | 亲爱的 一周后首演 |
[31:53] | Well, I like a challenge. | 我喜欢挑战 |
[32:02] | – Mr. Halston. – Hello, Susan. | -侯斯顿先生 -苏珊 |
[32:04] | Uh, you’re not supposed to be here anymore. | 你不该再来这里了 |
[32:07] | I’ve come to see Mr. Ridge. | 我来见里奇先生 |
[32:08] | Oh, but, uh– | 但是 |
[32:14] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好 |
[32:16] | Hello. | 你好 |
[32:17] | Don’t worry. I haven’t come to try and kill you. | 别担心 我不是过来杀你的 |
[32:22] | How can I help you, Halston? | 有什么能帮你 侯斯顿 |
[32:26] | I have a project. | 我有个项目 |
[32:29] | I need an assistant. Someone who I admire and trust. | 我需要一个助手 一个我敬仰和信任的人 |
[32:34] | I immediately thought of you. | 我立刻想到了你 |
[32:42] | Hem to the floor is 36. | 下摆到地板是36 |
[32:59] | Okay. | 好 |
[33:00] | That’s it. I bought every last ACE bandage in New York City. | 好了 我买光了纽约城所有的绷带 |
[33:09] | Wow. That’s extraordinary. | 太非凡了 |
[33:15] | Hold the phone. | 先等等 |
[33:17] | They’re not taking the dye. | 染不上颜色 |
[33:24] | You know what helps me sometimes? | 你知道什么能帮助我吗 |
[33:26] | I stop thinking about how I want the costume to look, | 我会停止想象服装的效果 |
[33:30] | and I think about how I want the audience to feel when they see it. | 转而想我希望观众看到时能有什么感受 |
[33:41] | When the dancers move, | 当舞者起舞时 |
[33:45] | I want the audience to feel something pulling back against them. | 我想让观众感觉有东西在把他们往回拉 |
[33:50] | The mortality that everyone’s desperate to escape from but can’t. | 人人都急切渴望逃脱死亡 但却做不到 |
[33:55] | It’s Greek tragedy. Persephone. | 这是个希腊悲剧 珀耳塞福涅 |
[33:59] | I wanna feel the membrane | 我想感受到分隔 |
[34:00] | that separates our world from the heavens | 我们凡人世界和天堂的隔膜 |
[34:03] | that we can never quite touch. | 我们无法触碰的隔膜 |
[34:05] | If… if we could just stretch a little further… | 如果 如果我们可以再伸手触碰 |
[34:12] | we’d be immortal. | 我们就能永生 |
[34:20] | I feel like I wanna wrap up all the dancers | 我感觉我想用大卷的 |
[34:22] | in great big bolts of Spandex. | 弹性纤维把舞者包住 |
[34:26] | Then why don’t you just wrap them up in big bolts of Spandex? | 那不如你就用大卷的弹性纤维把他们包住 |
[34:46] | Thank you, Mohammed. | 谢谢 穆罕默德 |
[35:08] | It’s been a long time, H. | 好久不见 侯 |
[35:13] | I can’t do this right now, Joe. | 我现在没法跟你谈 乔 |
[35:16] | Drive. | 开车 |
[35:20] | Look, I’m not kidnapping you. | 听着 我不是绑架你 |
[35:23] | Sassy still takes my calls. | 萨茜依然接我的电话 |
[35:30] | I have it on authority | 我听到消息 |
[35:31] | that Got To Go Disco was the biggest bomb | 《去跳迪斯科》成了继《驼鹿谋杀案》后 |
[35:34] | on Broadway since the Moose Murders. | 百老汇最大的炸弹 |
[35:37] | Well, at least I didn’t sell away my fucking name. | 至少我没卖掉我的名字 |
[35:41] | You messy, miserable bitch. | 你个可悲可怜的混蛋 |
[35:48] | Oh, Joe, I missed you. | 乔 我想你 |
[35:50] | Oh, I missed you too. | 我也想你 |
[35:57] | How’s Elsa? Have you heard from her? | 艾尔莎怎么样 你有她消息吗 |
[36:00] | She’s good. She’s… | 她很好 她… |
[36:02] | She’s Elsa. | 她是艾尔莎 |
[36:04] | Oh, good. | 那就好 |
[36:06] | Good. | 好 |
[36:10] | Joe. | 乔 |
[36:12] | Tell me you’re healthy. | 告诉我你健康 |
[36:18] | I am. | 是的 |
[36:23] | I hear you finally got rid of Victor. | 我听说你终于摆脱维克多了 |
[36:25] | Oh, finally. | 终于 |
[36:26] | God knows it took me long enough. | 天知道这花了我太久时间 |
[36:29] | Any idea how many Warhols he stole from me? | 你知道他偷了我多少沃霍尔的作品吗 |
[36:32] | Oh God. | 天呐 |
[36:33] | I thought, “Fuck you. You can have them.” | 我就想 “去你的 给你得了” |
[36:36] | Oh, Joe, I saw your designs for Tiffany’s. | 乔 我看到你在蒂芙尼的设计了 |
[36:39] | The china. | 陶瓷 |
[36:40] | Sublime. | 令人惊叹 |
[36:42] | I almost started smashing them right in the store. | 我差点直接在店里开砸了 |
[36:44] | I was so jealous. | 我太嫉妒了 |
[36:46] | Bullshit. | 胡说 |
[36:48] | But thank you. | 但谢谢 |
[36:51] | I am so excited to see this performance tonight. | 我很兴奋今晚看表演 |
[36:54] | I can’t wait to see what you’ve come up with. | 我迫不及待想看看你的创作了 |
[36:56] | Well, you know the critics will hate it. | 你知道评论家肯定不喜欢 |
[36:59] | They’ll say, “Halston hasn’t had a glimmer | 他们会说 “侯斯顿在十年内 |
[37:01] | of inspiration in ten years.” | 没有丝毫的灵感” |
[37:03] | Who cares? | 谁在乎 |
[37:05] | I’m just so glad that you’re doing something on your own again. | 我只是开心你又为自己做些什么了 |
[37:08] | Away from all that corporate bullshit. | 远离大公司的那些破烂 |
[37:13] | I never did anything on my own, Joe. | 我从没自己做过什么 乔 |
[37:18] | I always had you. | 我一直有你 |
[37:27] | You were right about one thing though. | 但你说对了一件事 |
[37:30] | I did sell my name. | 我确实卖了自己的名字 |
[37:32] | Oh, sweetheart, I was just teasing you about that. | 亲爱的 我只是逗你玩的 |
[37:34] | No. We’re given one name, Joe. | 不 我们只有一个名字 乔 |
[37:37] | Just one. | 只有一个 |
[37:38] | And that’s all we have while we’re on the earth. | 这辈子在地球上人就一个名字 |
[37:41] | And it’s all we leave behind us when we’re gone. | 等我们死后就剩下这个了 |
[37:44] | I wasn’t precious enough with mine. | 我没好好珍惜自己的 |
[37:48] | And I sold it cheap. I didn’t even think twice about it. | 而且我还卖便宜了 我都没多想 |
[37:56] | Hundreds of millions of dollars ain’t cheap, Halston. | 上千万美金可不便宜 侯斯顿 |
[38:01] | But it is, Joe. | 但确实是 乔 |
[38:03] | You know how I know? | 你知道我怎么知道的吗 |
[38:08] | I’d spend twice that to get it back. | 我花了两倍的钱拿回来 |
[38:19] | Yeah. Here we are. | 对 就这里 |
[38:56] | Well, it’s time, Joe. | 是时候了 乔 |
[38:59] | – Time for what? – For the reviews. | -是时候干什么 -看评论 |
[39:01] | Mohammed! I asked him to get the papers. | 穆罕默德 我让他买报纸了 |
[39:05] | You always said reviews didn’t matter. | 你总说评论不要紧 |
[39:07] | Well, still, I’ve got to read them. | 但依然 我得看看 |
[39:09] | I know they’ll say, “Will someone please tell Halston | 我知道他们会说什么 “有人能告诉侯斯顿 |
[39:12] | his time has come and gone?” | 他的时代已经过去了吗” |
[39:14] | You mark my words. | 你记住我的话 |
[39:15] | No. Not me, Mohammed. | 不 不是给我 穆罕默德 |
[39:17] | – Joe’s gonna read them. – Oh, Halston, please don’t make me. | -乔来念 -侯斯顿 别逼我 |
[39:20] | Please, come on, Joe. Just one last time. | 拜托 乔 读最后一次吧 |
[39:24] | And just skip straight to the parts about me. | 直接跳到关于我的部分 |
[39:27] | I don’t wanna hear about the third ballerina from the left. | 我不想听他们对左边芭蕾舞女的看法 |
[39:39] | Here it is. | 在这里 |
[39:40] | Blah, blah, blah. “Martha Graham.” | 废话废话 “玛莎·葛莱姆” |
[39:42] | Blah, blah, blah. | 废话废话 |
[39:43] | “The dancers…” | “舞者们” |
[39:46] | “The costume design by Halston | “侯斯顿设计的服装 |
[39:48] | could have easily sent this production off the rails.” | 可能很容易让整场演出夭折” |
[39:51] | “Instead, it steals the show.” | “然而 却比演出更出彩” |
[40:02] | Okay, Daily News. | 好吧 《每日新闻》 |
[40:06] | Oh, you’re the headline. | 你是头条 |
[40:08] | “Move over, Martha. Let Halston take a bow.” | “玛莎让开 让侯斯顿上台鞠躬” |
[40:12] | “Dreamed up by superstar designer Halston, | “超级明星设计师侯斯顿梦幻之作 |
[40:16] | the costumes sadly won’t be available for purchase | 只可惜这套服装无法购买 |
[40:19] | at even the most upscale boutique.” | 即使在最高级的时装店也不出售” |
[40:22] | “But perhaps that’s for the best.” | “但或许这样最好” |
[40:25] | “They are far too beautiful to be worn by mere mortals | “服装太过优美 不能由凡人穿戴 |
[40:29] | and meet every moment with grace | 也无法企及玛莎·葛莱姆 |
[40:31] | in Martha Graham’s staging of Persephone at City Center.” | 在市中心剧院上演的《珀耳塞福涅》的优雅” |
[40:38] | All right, Joe. Let’s take the gloves off. | 好吧 乔 面对现实吧 |
[40:40] | What does The Times have to say? | 《时代周刊》怎么说 |
[40:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[40:54] | “The costumes by Halston will have the world wondering | “侯斯顿设计的服装让世人疑惑 |
[40:58] | whether the man should have made his career in the theater | 他是否该在戏剧界大展身手 |
[41:03] | rather than on the runway.” | 而非在时装界” |
[41:06] | “The stretch-fabric design is sensual, innovative, | “拉伸布料的设计性感 新颖 |
[41:11] | and upon reflection, uniquely brave.” | 而且再三回味后 极其大胆” |
[41:16] | “Perhaps even a high-point of a long and illustrious career.” | “甚至可称为漫长而辉煌事业的制高点” |
[41:25] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[41:32] | Well, reviews don’t matter. | 评论无关紧要 |
[41:40] | Bravo. | 干得好 |
[41:44] | Thanks, Joe. | 谢谢 乔 |
[41:50] | Now what the fuck do we do with it? | 现在我们该怎么办 |
[41:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[41:58] | – I’ve never carved a fucking turkey. – Well, me neither! | -我从没切过火鸡 -我也没有 |
[42:02] | Uh, okay. | 好吧 |
[42:04] | I’ll do it, but, um, you can’t laugh. | 我来切 但你不能笑 |
[42:09] | Oh, poor thing. | 可怜的东西 |
[42:10] | It was murdered once. Now it’s being murdered again by you. | 之前被谋杀一次 现在又被你杀一次 |
[42:13] | You should know that while I am doing this, | 你应该知道在我下刀的同时 |
[42:16] | I am thinking about that Olympic Tower asshole. | 我在想奥林匹克大厦的那个混蛋 |
[42:19] | – Now, now. – No, I mean it. | -别这样 -不 我是认真的 |
[42:21] | What he did to you… | 他对你做的事 |
[42:23] | I don’t know why you can’t get angry about that. | 我不知道你为什么不对此生气 |
[42:25] | Oh, I’m through with angry. | 我已经不再愤怒了 |
[42:30] | Frankly, I should thank him. | 说实话 我应该感谢他 |
[42:32] | It wasn’t till after all that that I found a little peace. | 直到那一切尘埃落定后 我终于感到了安宁 |
[42:34] | Wow. Then find some for me, won’t ya? | 那也给我找点 好吗 |
[42:41] | Happy Thanksgiving, love. | 感恩节快乐 亲爱的 |
[42:42] | Oh, Liza. I love you. | 丽莎 我爱你 |
[42:44] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[42:53] | Thank God for this place. | 谢天谢地还有这里 |
[42:58] | Well, I should tell you. | 我应该告诉你 |
[43:02] | I’ve decided to get rid of it. | 我决定卖了这里 |
[43:07] | And I’ve sold the townhouse. | 我已经卖了联排屋 |
[43:09] | What? | 什么 |
[43:11] | What are you gonna do? | 那你要做什么 |
[43:13] | I’m gonna go to the West Coast. San Francisco. | 我打算去西海岸 旧金山 |
[43:17] | Take a little time. Go up and down the coast. | 休休假 在海边逛逛 |
[43:23] | I don’t understand. Why would you do that? | 我不明白 你为什么要这样 |
[43:27] | Oh, Liza, look at me. You know why. | 丽莎 看着我 你知道原因 |
[43:32] | Baby, come here. | 宝贝 过来 |
[43:34] | Come here. | 过来 |
[43:36] | It’s all right. It’s all right. | 没事 没事 |
[43:43] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[43:46] | You promise me that this isn’t the end? | 你保证这不是结束 |
[43:48] | No, no, no, no. | 不 不不 |
[43:49] | I’ll come back. I promise. I promise. | 我会回来 我保证 我保证 |
[43:53] | I’m sorry to spring it on you like this. | 我很抱歉这样告诉你 |
[44:00] | It’s all right. | 没事 |
[44:06] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[44:27] | Just checking in, sir. | 只是来问问 先生 |
[44:30] | We’ve been here over an hour. You wanna get moving? | 我们已经在这待了一小时 你想走吗 |
[44:34] | In a minute. | 一会吧 |
[44:40] | Look at the blue of that ocean. | 看这海的蓝色 |
[44:45] | How the sun hits it. It keeps changing color. | 太阳照射在上面 海面不停变换颜色 |
[44:47] | Look, it’s all silver now. | 看 现在变成银色了 |
[44:50] | Years ago, I’d look out there, and I’d look at that blue, | 多年前 我会看着那边 看着蓝色 |
[44:53] | and I would think, “What can I do with that blue?” | 想着 “我能用这些蓝色干些什么” |
[44:58] | My mind would start racing, thinking about the collection I could do. | 我的脑子会飞速运转 想着能做的时尚系列 |
[45:01] | Or maybe more than one. | 或甚至不止一个系列 |
[45:04] | Maybe all the shades of blue. | 或许用各种蓝色 |
[45:07] | Could I get it ready by the fall? | 我能在秋天前完成吗 |
[45:10] | What cover could I get it on? | 我能上哪些杂志的封面 |
[45:12] | Would they like it? | 他们会喜欢吗 |
[45:17] | But now… | 但现在 |
[45:20] | I only think about what a pretty blue it is. | 我只想这蓝色有多美 |
[45:31] | All right. Let’s go. | 好 我们走吧 |
[45:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[45:58] | Where to? | 去哪 |
[46:00] | Anywhere. | 哪里都行 |
[46:03] | Let’s just drive. | 开车吧 |
[48:38] | 艾尔莎·佩雷蒂是20世纪最有影响力的珠宝设计师之一 她于2021年过世 | |
[48:44] | 乔·尤拉献身于插画时尚设计 他于2004年过世 |