时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Hannibal! | 汉尼拔 |
[00:04] | We are as close as we are ever going to get to catching this man. | 我们就快抓住他了 再不可能有更好的机会了 |
[00:08] | I’m dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick. | 我要一砖一瓦地拆卸 抹掉我这个人 |
[00:12] | It’s the last stage of a transformation. | 那是转化的最后阶段 |
[00:14] | We could disappear now. | 我们可以马上就走 |
[00:15] | You’ve set some sort of trap and you’re goading Hannibal into it. | 你设下了某种陷阱 想要怂恿汉尼拔进去 |
[00:19] | How can you be sure he’s not goading you? | 你怎么能确定他不是也在怂恿你 |
[00:21] | I can’t. | 我不能确定 |
[00:22] | I have begun to question your actions | 我开始质疑你的行为 |
[00:25] | with regards to me and my attack. | 有关我和我遇袭时的行为 |
[00:28] | I am no longer your therapist. | 我不再是你的治疗师了 |
[00:30] | You are dangerous. | 你很危险 |
[03:07] | – Antony Dimmond. – Boris Jakov. | -安东尼·狄蒙德 -鲍里斯·叶科夫 |
[03:09] | I’d offer a hand, but… | 我很想跟你握手 不过 |
[03:11] | It’s a double-fisted kind of bash. | 这种场合两只手都得端着酒 |
[03:14] | Do you know Roman well? | 你跟罗曼熟识吗 |
[03:17] | You were staring with the thinly-veiled disdain of a man who does. | 看你不怎么掩饰的鄙夷眼神 似乎是认识 |
[03:21] | I was his TA at Cambridge. | 剑桥时 我给他做过助教 |
[03:23] | He was insufferable even then. | 他那时就让人难以忍受 |
[03:28] | Have you read his books? | 你看他的书了吗 |
[03:32] | They’re terrible. | 烂得像屎 |
[03:34] | You know they’re terrible, you’re just too polite to say. | 你也这么想 只是出于礼貌开不了口 |
[03:36] | Blink if you agree. | 如果同意就眨下眼 |
[03:39] | See? | 是吧 |
[03:42] | That doesn’t stop him squatting over his keyboard | 但他还是能蹲着键盘上 |
[03:44] | and depositing a fresh one every six to eight months. | 每六到八个月就能拉出一坨新的来 |
[03:47] | It takes me six to eight months to write one line. | 我六到八个月才能写出一句 |
[03:50] | Why? | 为什么 |
[03:52] | Poetry is hard. | 诗歌难啊 |
[03:54] | Too hard for Roman. | 对罗曼来说太难 |
[03:56] | Well, it’s easier for him to slide into academia | 对他来说 混进学术界 |
[03:57] | and dissect the work of others | 剖析其他人的作品 |
[03:59] | than it is to stand by his own words. | 比靠自己的作品立身要轻松多了 |
[04:02] | One can appreciate another’s words without dissecting them. | 不非得”剖析”也可以欣赏他人的作品 |
[04:06] | Though, on occasion, dissection is the only thing that will do. | 当然 有时 必须剖析才行 |
[04:37] | Bonsoir. | 晚上好 |
[04:41] | Bonsoir. | 晚上好 |
[05:06] | Bonsoir? | 晚上好 |
[05:10] | Bonsoir. | 晚上好 |
[06:17] | Bonsoir. | 晚上好 |
[06:38] | Antipasto | 开胃菜 |
[07:15] | You really are the Devil. | 你真是魔鬼 |
[07:20] | Certainly seem to enjoy it. | 显然是乐在其中 |
[07:22] | You have a click in your hoof. | 蹄声轻快 |
[07:24] | The Devil has been a yoke | 自我们开始思考 梦想之时 |
[07:25] | on the neck of humanity since we first began to think and dream. | 魔鬼就是人性颈上的轭 |
[07:29] | I for a much shorter time. | 我的影响力可没那么久远 |
[07:30] | You admit the yoke. | 你承认自己是轭了 |
[07:34] | Smells of candy apples and thyme. | 闻起来你用了苹果糖和百里香 |
[07:40] | You smoked me in thyme. | 你用百里香熏制了我 |
[07:43] | Smoked, glazed, served on a sugar cane quill. | 先熏制 再浇汁 然后插在甘蔗上装盘 |
[07:48] | You will be falling off the bone. | 你自会骨肉分离 |
[07:51] | Well, of course. And with these rarified dishes | 当然会了 经过你如此精心烹调 |
[07:55] | you so carefully prepare… | 制作出这般稀世菜肴 |
[07:57] | do we all… taste different? | 所有人吃起来会有所不同吗 |
[08:00] | Everyone has their flavor. | 每人都有自己独特的风味 |
[08:03] | Cannibalism was standard behavior among our ancestors. | 对我们的祖先而言 食人是一种常态 |
[08:06] | The missing link was only missing because we ate him. | 没能传承下来 是因为先人被我们吃掉了 |
[08:11] | This isn’t cannibalism, Abel. | 这并不是食人 亚伯 |
[08:12] | It’s only cannibalism if we’re equals. | 只有当我们是同类时 这才算食人 |
[08:17] | This is only cannibalism if you eat me. | 如果你是在吃我 那就算食人 |
[08:21] | But you just feel this is the natural order of things. | 但对你而言 这就是自然法则 |
[08:23] | Everybody gets et. | 弱肉强食 |
[08:26] | Be he fat or be he lean. | 不论强大与弱小 |
[08:28] | With my last leg standing next to me, | 我最后一条腿就在我旁边 |
[08:31] | I should still wrestle with the urges to fight or flee. | 我应该还有反抗或逃跑的纠结 |
[08:37] | It’s called “terminal restlessness.” | 这叫做末期烦躁不安 |
[08:40] | The body fills with adrenaline | 身体分泌出大量肾上腺素 |
[08:41] | and feels compelled to go-go-go. | 刺激着大脑只想跑跑跑 |
[08:44] | “Go-go-go”? I’ve already gone up and gone. | 跑跑跑 我早都站起来跑远了 |
[08:48] | This is posthumous. | 这是身后事 |
[08:51] | You’re not dead yet, Abel. You still have to eat. | 你还没死呢 亚伯 还必须吃东西 |
[08:54] | No, I don’t. | 不 我不需要 |
[08:59] | At this point, there is absolutely nothing I have to do. | 现在 对我而言 没有什么是必做之事 |
[09:06] | But I shouldn’t spoil the fairy tale, should I? | 但我不该破坏童话故事 对吧 |
[09:10] | You and your little gingerbread house. | 你和你的这座小姜饼屋 |
[09:16] | Let it be a fairy tale, then. | 那就让它成为童话吧 |
[09:19] | Once upon a time… | 很久很久以前 |
[10:01] | – Bellissima. – Grazie. | -跳得真棒 -谢谢 |
[10:08] | Dr. Fell, | 菲尔医生 |
[10:10] | I hope you translate as well as you waltz. | 希望你的翻译技巧跟你的舞技一样棒 |
[10:12] | – Mrs. Fell. – Our new appointee | -菲尔太太 -我们新的任命者 |
[10:15] | was confirmed by the Board after close questioning. | 在仔细审查后已得到了委员会的肯定 |
[10:19] | You’ve examined him in medieval Italian | 你们已经考核过他的意大利语 |
[10:22] | and I will not deny | 我得承认 |
[10:23] | his language is… | 他的语言天赋确实 |
[10:26] | admirable… | 令人钦佩 |
[10:28] | – Thank you. – for a straniero. | -谢谢 -对一个外国人而言 |
[10:31] | Are you familiar with the personalities | 你对文艺复兴前的佛罗伦萨精神 |
[10:33] | of pre-Renaissance Florence? | 有任何了解吗 |
[10:37] | I think not. | 我就猜到没有 |
[10:39] | Dr. Fell might hold in his hand – | 菲尔医生手中 |
[10:41] | in his non-Italian hand – | 那双非意大利的手 |
[10:44] | a note from Dante Alighieri himself. | 如果拿着但丁·阿利盖利的亲笔书信 |
[10:47] | Would he recognize it? | 他能看得懂吗 |
[10:51] | I think not. | 我猜也看不懂 |
[10:53] | Professor Sogliato, would you do me the honor of a dance? | 索里亚图教授 能赏光陪我跳支舞吗 |
[10:57] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[11:02] | “Allegro mi sembrava Amor” | “我觉得爱神正酣畅 |
[11:05] | “Tenendo meo core in mano” | 此刻她手里掉着我的心 |
[11:08] | “E ne le braccia avea madoa involta in un drappo dormend.” | 臂弯里还睡着我轻纱笼罩的情人 |
[11:14] | “Poi la svegliava, e d’esto core ardeo” | 他唤醒她 她颤抖着驯服地 |
[11:16] | “Lei paventoa umilmente pasc” | 从他手上吃下我燃烧的心 |
[11:21] | appreso gir lo ne vedea piangendo.” | 我望着爱神离开 满脸泪痕” |
[11:26] | Dante’s first sonnet. | 但丁的第一首十四行诗 |
[11:28] | It fascinated Cavalcanti. | 卡瓦尔坎蒂为之着迷 |
[11:30] | The eating of the heart is a powerful image. | 吃心脏的那一幕很有冲击力 |
[11:32] | If he’s such an expert on Dante, | 既然他是但丁的行家 |
[11:34] | let him lecture on Dante, to the Studiolo. | 就让他去研究会演讲一次吧 |
[11:38] | Let him face them. | 让他面对他们 |
[11:40] | Extempore. | 即兴发挥 |
[11:43] | I’m happy to sing for my supper. | 我很乐意靠自己双手吃饭 |
[11:47] | Professor Sogliato. | 索里亚图教授 |
[12:03] | We are among the palaces built six hundred years ago | 我们所处的宫殿已经有六百年的历史 |
[12:06] | by the merchant princes, the kingmakers | 由富商 拥立国王者 |
[12:08] | and the connivers of Renaissance Florence. | 以及文艺复兴时期佛罗伦萨的阴谋家们所建 |
[12:12] | As connivers of modern Florence. | 就像近代的佛罗伦萨阴谋家们一样 |
[12:17] | I’ve found a peace here that I would preserve. | 我想保护在这里找到的安宁 |
[12:20] | I’ve killed hardly anybody during our residence. | 我们住下之后 我几乎都没杀过人 |
[12:25] | You created a vacancy | 为了在卡波尼邸宅 |
[12:27] | at the Palazzo Capponi by removing the former curator. | 制造职位空缺 你除掉了前馆长 |
[12:31] | A simple process requiring a few seconds’ work on the old man… | 对付那老家伙轻而易举 没费多少工夫 |
[12:35] | and a modest outlay for two bags of cement. | 或是两袋水泥的费用 |
[12:38] | You no longer have ethical concerns, Hannibal. | 你已经没有道德考量了 汉尼拔 |
[12:43] | You have aesthetical ones. | 你只在乎美学 |
[12:47] | Ethics become aesthetics. | 道德规范会变为美学标准 |
[12:49] | You seem more interested in making appearances | 比起保持形象 看起来你对出头露面 |
[12:51] | than maintaining them. | 更感兴趣 |
[12:55] | Would you? | 帮我一下 |
[12:58] | If this is about my position at the Palazzo, | 如果是关于我在邸宅任职的事 |
[13:02] | once the path was cleared, | 清除路障之后 |
[13:03] | I won the job fairly. | 我会公平合理地赢得了工作 |
[13:05] | On my merits. | 凭我的能力 |
[13:09] | Yes, even the most contentious Florentines | 是啊 即使是最爱争论的佛罗伦萨人 |
[13:11] | can’t resist the verse of Dante ringing off of frescoed walls. | 也无法抗拒但丁的诗篇在壁画墙上回荡 |
[13:19] | One contentious Florentine can. | 某一个爱争论的佛罗伦萨人是例外 |
[13:29] | Have you given serious thought to eating Professor Sogliato? | 你有认真考虑过要吃了索里亚图教授吗 |
[13:35] | My killing Sogliato now would not preserve the peace. | 现在杀了索里亚图 就无法保护这份安宁了 |
[13:41] | Your peace is without morality. | 你的”安宁”没有道德观 |
[13:46] | Morality doesn’t exist. | 道德观并不存在 |
[13:48] | Only morale. | 只有士气 |
[13:51] | How you feel today. | 你今天感觉如何 |
[13:55] | How do you feel today? | 你呢 |
[13:56] | I still believe I am in conscious control of my actions. | 我依然相信我能清醒地控制我的行为 |
[14:02] | Given your history… | 鉴于你的过往 |
[14:04] | that’s a good day. | 这算不错了 |
[15:25] | If you think you’re about to catch Hannibal, | 如果你觉得自己就要抓到汉尼拔了 |
[15:27] | it’s because he wants you to think that. | 那是因为他想让你这么想 |
[15:32] | Don’t fool yourself | 别天真地以为 |
[15:34] | into thinking he’s not in control of what’s happening. | 他没有掌握大局 |
[17:30] | May I get dressed? | 能让我穿上衣服吗 |
[17:33] | You may. | 请便 |
[17:44] | What have you done, Hannibal? | 你干了什么 汉尼拔 |
[17:47] | I’ve taken off my person suit. | 我把我的人皮脱了下来 |
[17:52] | You let them see you. | 你让他们看到了真正的你 |
[17:57] | I let them see enough. | 我让看他们看了不少 |
[18:02] | How does it feel… | 感觉怎样 |
[18:05] | being seen? | 被人看到 |
[18:07] | Well, you’re in no position to ask, Dr. Du Maurier. | 你没资格问这个问题 杜穆里埃医生 |
[18:11] | You ended our patient-psychiatrist relationship. | 你结束了我们的医患关系 |
[18:17] | I lacked the appropriate skills to continue your therapy. | 我能力有限无法继续你的治疗 |
[18:23] | I never found you to be lacking. | 我从不觉得你能力有限 |
[18:30] | I’m sorry I didn’t provide you | 很抱歉没能给你 |
[18:32] | with a suitable substitute for therapy. | 提供合适的心理治疗替代品 |
[18:38] | Is Will Graham still alive? | 威尔·格雷厄姆还活着吗 |
[18:44] | Will Graham was not a suitable substitute for therapy. | 威尔·格雷厄姆不是治疗的替代品 |
[18:51] | What was he? | 那他是什么 |
[18:54] | Is this professional curiosity? | 你这是职业好奇吗 |
[18:57] | Almost entirely. | 基本上是的 |
[19:05] | Do you trust me? | 你信任我吗 |
[19:10] | Not entirely. | 并不全信 |
[19:13] | Are you taking into consideration | 你考虑过 |
[19:14] | my beliefs about your intentions? | 我对你意图的想法吗 |
[19:18] | My intentions? | 我的意图 |
[19:21] | Human motivation can be little more than lucid greed. | 人类的动力不是贪婪那么简单 |
[19:26] | Greed… | 贪婪 |
[19:29] | … and blind optimism. | 还有盲目乐观 |
[19:33] | You’re optimistic I won’t kill you. | 你乐观地以为我不会杀了你 |
[20:29] | Due bottiglie di Batard-Montrachet | [意]两瓶巴德蒙哈榭 |
[20:31] | e li tartufi bianchi, per favore. | 和白松露 谢谢 |
[21:57] | Hello! | 你好 |
[22:00] | Bonjour! | 你好 |
[22:03] | Mr. Jakov, isn’t it? | 是叶科夫先生吧 |
[22:05] | We met in Paris a few months back. | 我们几个月前在巴黎见过 |
[22:08] | Sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you, | 抱歉 我没想吓到你 |
[22:10] | it’s just… here I was and then, there you were… | 只是 这么巧又在这里碰上了 |
[22:13] | I never forget a face. | 我记性很好 |
[22:15] | Antony Dimmond. | 安东尼·狄蒙德 |
[22:16] | Nice to be remembered. | 很高兴能被记住 |
[22:18] | You’re hard to forget. | 你让人记忆深刻 |
[22:20] | What are you doing in Florence? | 你在佛罗伦萨干什么 |
[22:21] | Are you working with Roman? | 你现在和罗曼共事吗 |
[22:23] | Dr. Fell? | 菲尔博士 |
[22:24] | I heard he took an appointment at the Capponi library. | 我听说他接到了卡波尼图书馆的任命 |
[22:26] | Yes, he’s the new curator | 是的 他就是新馆长 |
[22:28] | and translator at the Palazzo Capponi. | 兼卡波尼邸宅的翻译官 |
[22:30] | Evidently, the last one eloped with a woman | 显然 上一任不是携款潜逃就是私奔了 |
[22:32] | or someone’s money or both. | 或者携款私奔 |
[22:34] | That’s the commonly held belief. | 大家都这么猜 |
[22:38] | You just missed Roman. | 你刚错过罗曼 |
[22:40] | Did I? | 我有吗 |
[22:41] | Was hoping to take the piss. | 还想嘲弄他两句呢 |
[22:46] | Spare the piss for the time being. If you’re free, | 先别管什么嘲弄 要是你有空 |
[22:48] | my wife and I would love to have you for dinner. | 我和爱人想邀你共进晚餐 |
[23:31] | Listen. | 听 |
[23:35] | They prefer eating in company. | 他们喜欢一起吃 |
[23:38] | I’ve kept cochlear gardens since I was a young man, | 我年轻时办过耳蜗花园 |
[23:41] | fattening snails on herbs and vine leaves. | 用草药和藤蔓叶养出肥硕的蜗牛 |
[23:44] | Like all of us, what they eat | 跟我们人类一样 它们的饮食 |
[23:46] | greatly influences and enhances their flavor. | 很大程度上影响了它们的口感 |
[23:49] | When I’m not busy eating myself, | 我不吃自己的肉时 |
[23:52] | you wish me to be eating oysters, | 你希望我吃点牡蛎 |
[23:56] | drinking sweet wines and snacking on acorns. | 喝喝甜酒 嚼几颗橡子 |
[24:00] | All to make me tastier? | 好令我的肉吃起来更美味 |
[24:04] | Oh yes. | 没错 |
[24:05] | And you are making them tastier. | 进而你也让它们更美味 |
[24:08] | And I you. | 而让你也更美味 |
[24:10] | Imagine what you must taste like. | 想想你的肉得多香 |
[24:13] | Won’t be long until someone’s taking a bite out of you. | 不久就会有人尝尝你的味道 |
[24:17] | You’re becoming brighter, Abel. | 你越来越聪明了 亚伯 |
[24:20] | Dying hasn’t dulled you one bit. | 渐渐的死亡完全没令你迟钝 |
[24:24] | The snails are certainly having a lovely experience, | 这些蜗牛想必一定十分愉快 |
[24:29] | fattened on me in a red-wine marinade. | 浸着红酒酱汁 吃我吃得脑满肠肥 |
[24:35] | They have no idea they’re going to be eaten. | 根本不知自己将被吃掉 |
[24:40] | We do. | 但我们知道 |
[25:21] | How well do you know the Fells? | 你对菲尔夫妇很了解吗 |
[25:23] | As well as anybody. | 跟其他人一样 |
[25:25] | Which’d be not really. | 了解甚少 |
[25:27] | Lydia a friend of yours? | 莉迪亚是你朋友吗 |
[25:32] | Not really. | 不算吧 |
[25:34] | I’d be surprised to hear she had one. | 她要是有朋友会令我吃惊的 |
[25:36] | We share a mutual detestation. | 我们有共同厌恶的人 |
[25:39] | She disapproves of my disapproval. | 她不喜欢我不喜欢的东西 |
[25:45] | What do you disapprove of? | 你不喜欢什么 |
[25:46] | Roman, mainly. | 主要是罗曼 |
[25:48] | Lydia isn’t quite bright enough to see | 莉迪亚不够聪明 看不出 |
[25:50] | I’m just intimidated. Roman does, of course. | 我只是怕他 罗曼当然看得出 |
[25:53] | How he loves to strike fear. | 他非常喜欢吓唬别人 |
[25:56] | Dante wrote that fear is almost as bitter as death. | 但丁写过 恐惧如死亡一般痛苦 |
[26:01] | Dante wasn’t dead when he wrote it. | 但丁说此话时 尚未体验过死亡 |
[26:06] | Are you traveling alone, Antony? | 你是独自旅行吗 安东尼 |
[26:08] | The only way I travel. | 我向来独自旅行 |
[26:14] | Roman is speaking to the Studiolo Friday, on Dante. | 罗曼周五要在研究会讲演但丁 |
[26:17] | You should come. | 你该去听听 |
[26:19] | Sounds appropriately hellish. | 听上去正像但丁描绘的地狱 |
[26:26] | Are you avoiding meats? | 你不吃肉吗 |
[26:31] | I’m trying not to eat anything with a central nervous system. | 我尽量不吃有中枢神经系统的东西 |
[26:36] | Oysters, acorns and Marsala. | 牡蛎 橡子 马沙拉白葡萄酒 |
[26:39] | That’s what ancient Romans would feed animals | 古罗马人就喂这些给动物 |
[26:40] | to improve their flavor. | 以增加其口感 |
[26:53] | My husband | 我丈夫 |
[26:55] | has a very sophisticated palate. | 味觉无比敏锐 |
[26:59] | He’s very particular about how I taste. | 他对我的口感要求很是苛刻 |
[27:09] | Is it that kind of party? | 这是那种聚会吗[3P] |
[27:17] | It’s not that kind of party. | 不是你想的那样 |
[27:21] | No, | 对 |
[27:23] | it really isn’t. | 真的不是你想的那样 |
[27:27] | Shame. | 可惜 |
[27:28] | You were both suddenly so fascinating. | 你们刚刚还突然显得无比迷人 |
[27:36] | – Buonasera. – Buonasera. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[27:46] | You let him go. | 你放他走了 |
[27:50] | What would you have me do, Bedelia? | 不然你想让我怎么做呢 彼德里娅 |
[28:28] | Due bottiglie, di Batard-Montrachet e li tartufi bianchi, per favore. | [意]两瓶巴德蒙哈榭和白松露 谢谢 |
[28:48] | Ciao. | [意]再见 |
[30:04] | Bedelia. | 彼德里娅 |
[30:09] | He attacked me. | 他袭击了我 |
[30:15] | Is that your blood? | 那是你的血吗 |
[30:19] | No. | 不是 |
[30:29] | You were defending yourself? | 你刚刚是自我防卫吗 |
[30:33] | I was reckless. | 我是无心的 |
[30:39] | This wasn’t reckless violence. | 这不是无心的暴力 |
[30:43] | It was a controlled use of force. | 而是有意识地使用武力 |
[30:47] | I know what happened. | 我自己清楚发生了什么 |
[30:50] | Do you? | 真的吗 |
[30:54] | He was your patient before he was mine. | 他来我这里之前 本是你的病人 |
[31:01] | He died under your care. | 可他却在你的监护下死了 |
[31:05] | You were not defending yourself. | 你刚才可不是自我防卫 |
[31:32] | I can help you tell the version of events | 我可以帮你用你想的方式 |
[31:34] | you want to be told. | 复述这一事件 |
[31:41] | I can help you… | 我可以帮你… |
[31:43] | if you ask me to. | 你只需开口 |
[31:49] | Will you help me? | 你能帮我吗 |
[32:06] | In accord with my own taste for the pre-Renaissance, | 出于我自身对前文艺复兴时期的喜好 |
[32:09] | I present the case of Pietro della Vigna, | 我将为诸位分析皮特罗·德拉·维纳 |
[32:12] | whose treachery earned him a place in Dante’s Hell. | 但丁因其背叛行为将他写入地狱 |
[32:17] | He was disgraced and blinded for betraying his emperor’s trust. | 他因背叛皇帝而遭贬并被刺瞎 |
[32:23] | Dante’s pilgrim finds him in the seventh level of the Inferno, | 但丁笔下的朝圣者在炼狱的第七层发现了他 |
[32:26] | reserved for suicides. | 自杀的人死后要留在这一层 |
[32:29] | Like Judas Iscariot, he died by hanging. | 像叛徒犹大一样 他死于绞刑 |
[32:32] | Judas and Pietro della Vigna are linked in Dante’s Inferno. | 犹大和彼得罗在但丁的《地狱》中联系起来 |
[32:36] | Betrayal, hanging… | 背叛 绞刑 |
[32:40] | then, linked since antiquity, | 自那以后 从古至今 |
[32:42] | the image appearing again and again in art. | 他们的影像一次次出现在艺术品上 |
[32:46] | This is the earliest known depiction of the Crucifixion, | 这是所知最早的关于十字架酷刑的描述 |
[32:49] | carved on an ivory box in Gaul about A.D. Four hundred. | 刻在约公元400年的高卢人的象牙盒子上 |
[32:53] | It includes the death by hanging of Judas, | 上面刻有犹大的绞刑 |
[32:55] | his face upturned to the branch that suspends him. | 他的脸朝上 面向吊起他的树枝 |
[33:00] | On the doors of the Benevento Cathedral, | 在贝内文托大教堂的门上 |
[33:02] | we see Judas hanging with his bowels falling out. | 能看到犹大的绞刑 内脏外漏 |
[33:06] | And here, from a fifteenth-century edition of The Inferno, | 而这里 在15世纪的《地狱》版本里 |
[33:10] | is Pietro della Vigna’s body hanging from a bleeding tree. | 彼得罗吊死在滴血的树上 |
[33:14] | I won’t belabor the parallels with Judas Iscariot. | 我就不冗述这与叛徒犹大的相似了 |
[33:17] | Betrayal, hanging, self-destruction. | 背叛 绞刑 自杀 |
[33:22] | “Io fei gibetto a me de le mie case.” | 我把自己的家变成了绞架 |
[33:27] | “I make my own home be my gallows.” | 我把自己的家变成了绞架 |
[33:30] | Mr. Dimmond. Welcome. Please join us. | 狄蒙德先生 欢迎 请进吧 |
[33:34] | We were just about to discuss the matter of chewing in Dante. | 我们在讨论但丁的作品 |
[33:52] | Thank you for your kind attention. | 感谢您的聆听 |
[33:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:05] | Would you say I secured my position, Professor Sogliato? | 这下我的位子能保住了吧 索里亚图教授 |
[34:10] | The Studiolo seem… satisfied. | 研究会似乎 挺满意 |
[34:13] | Satisfied? | 挺满意 |
[34:15] | I thought the applause was downright enthusiastic | 我觉得掌声表明了观众的狂热 |
[34:18] | in its soft and dusty way. | 虽然他们的狂热也不温不火 |
[34:21] | Dottore Fell is a friend of yours? | 菲尔医生是你的朋友吗 |
[34:23] | I was his TA at Cambridge. The tales I could tell. | 我是他在剑桥的助教 知道好多轶事呢 |
[34:30] | Please do. | 务必说说吧 |
[34:32] | What kind of friend would I be? | 那我算什么样的朋友啊 |
[34:37] | What kind of friend, indeed. | 这话说的是 |
[34:40] | Dottore. | 医生 |
[35:02] | An exposition of atrocious torture instruments | 残暴的刑具展览 |
[35:04] | appeals to connoisseurs of the very worst in mankind. | 吸引了最残酷的鉴赏者 |
[35:09] | Now that ceaseless exposure | 如今残忍比比皆是 |
[35:11] | has calloused us into the lewd and the vulgar, | 让我们对淫邪庸俗见怪不怪 |
[35:13] | it is instructive to see what still seems wicked to us. | 还能遇到让我们觉得邪恶的东西也算是长见识 |
[35:17] | What still slaps the clammy flab of our submissive | 看看还有什么能触动我们 |
[35:20] | consciousness hard enough to get our attention? | 疲软的良知 吸引我们的注意 |
[35:25] | What wickedness has your attention, Mr. Dimmond? | 什么样的邪恶吸引了你的注意 狄蒙德 |
[35:29] | Yours… | 是你 |
[35:32] | “Dr. Fell.” | 菲尔医生 |
[35:36] | I have no delusions about morality; | 我对道德没有幻想 |
[35:39] | if I did, I would’ve gone to la polizia . | 否则 我早去找警察了 |
[35:42] | I’m curious as to what fate befell Dr. Fell | 我只是好奇菲尔医生怎么样了 |
[35:47] | to see you here in his stead. | 既然你站在这儿顶替他 |
[35:53] | You may have to strap me to the breaking wheel | 你得把我绑在死亡轮上 |
[35:55] | to loosen my tongue. | 才能让我松口 |
[35:57] | You overestimate my affection for the genuine Dr. Fell. | 你高估了我对真正的菲尔医生的喜爱程度 |
[36:02] | Clearly, you found him as distasteful as I did. | 你显然和我一样觉得他很讨厌 |
[36:06] | On the contrary. | 恰恰相反 |
[36:13] | We can twist ourselves into all manner | 即便没有死亡轮 |
[36:16] | of uncomfortable positions just to maintain appearances, | 我们也可能为维持表面功夫 |
[36:21] | with or without a breaking wheel. | 而让自己处于不利的位置 |
[36:26] | Are you here to twist me into an uncomfortable position? | 你是来将我推向不利位置的吗 |
[36:31] | I’m here to help you untwist… | 我是来帮你解脱… |
[36:33] | to our mutual benefit. | 让我们共同获利 |
[37:24] | Observe or participate? | 观众还是参与者 |
[37:34] | What? | 什么 |
[37:36] | Are you, in this very moment, observing or participating? | 此时此刻 你是做观众还是参与者 |
[37:42] | Observing. | 观众 |
[37:47] | You say you’re observing, but this… | 你说你是做观众 但其实 |
[37:51] | this is participation, Bedelia. | 这算是一种参与 彼德里娅 |
[37:54] | Did you know what he would do? | 你早知道他会做什么吗 |
[38:02] | I would prefer you answer honestly. | 我希望你能老实回答我 |
[38:04] | I was curious. | 我好奇 |
[38:06] | You were curious what would happen. | 你好奇会发生什么事 |
[38:09] | You were curious what Mr. Dimmond would do. | 你好奇狄蒙德先生会怎么做 |
[38:12] | What I would do. | 我会怎么做 |
[38:17] | Did you anticipate our thoughts? | 你预想过我们的想法吗 |
[38:20] | Counter-thoughts? Rationalizations? | 反思 自我说服 |
[38:25] | Yes. | 有过 |
[38:29] | Is this what you expected? | 这是你所预期的吗 |
[38:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:40] | That’s participation. | 那就是参与 |
[39:06] | What have you gotten yourself into, Bedelia? | 你到底陷入了一个怎样的境地 彼德里娅 |
[39:11] | Shall I hang up your coat? | 要我帮你把外套挂起来吗 |
[40:30] | Would you rather I extended you | 你希望我对你施以 |
[40:31] | the same kindness as the Escargot? | 像对待蜗牛那样的仁慈吗 |
[40:34] | Eating me without my knowledge? | 在我不知情的情况下把我吃掉吗 |
[40:40] | Well… I find knowing to be far more powerful. | 我觉得在知情的情况下会更有威慑力 |
[40:45] | Why do you think I’m allowing this? | 你觉得我为什么会同意呢 |
[40:49] | Why do you think I’m allowing this? | 那你觉得我为什么会同意呢 |
[40:52] | ‘Cause snails aren’t the only creatures | 因为不是只有蜗牛 |
[40:55] | who prefer eating with company. | 喜欢跟人一起进餐 |
[41:00] | If only that company could be Will Graham. | 如果是威尔·格雷厄姆陪你吃就好了 |
[41:30] | I’m just fascinated to know how you will feel | 我只是很想知道当这一切 |
[41:32] | when all of this… | 发生在你身上时 |
[41:35] | happens to you. | 你会作何感受 |