时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I offer you love. | 我可以给你爱情 |
[00:02] | For a harlot, that doesn’t exist. | 娼妓的字典里没有爱情 |
[00:04] | Here’s tuppence. | 这是两便士 |
[00:05] | – What’s that for? – Company. | -这是干什么 -你的陪伴 |
[00:07] | Ma, there’s your solution. | 妈妈 我告诉你该怎么做 |
[00:09] | Sell her virginity. | 把她的初夜卖掉 |
[00:10] | I’m worth at least 50 pounds, Ma. | 我至少能值50镑 妈妈 |
[00:11] | I can view tonight the players | 我可以看看今晚的参与者们 |
[00:13] | and I’ll take sealed bids. | 然后我会接受密封投标 |
[00:16] | You’re clearly frigid, still a virgin. | 你显然性冷淡 还没破处 |
[00:18] | Don’t tell my Ma. | 请不要告诉我妈 |
[00:19] | One of your girls came to me today. | 你手下的一个姑娘今天来找我了 |
[00:20] | Pert little doxie by the name of Emily Lacey. | 一位叫埃米莉·莱西的小丫头 |
[00:23] | Damn you for a kidnapping pimp! | 居然抢我姑娘 去你的 |
[01:08] | I was forced to sell her. | 我被逼无奈才卖掉她的 |
[01:10] | I needed the hundred pounds for our move. | 我需要那一百镑搬家 |
[01:12] | This has always been Lucy’s future. | 要不然露西的未来也是这样 |
[01:20] | She was rushed into it. | 她入行太匆忙了 |
[01:22] | That Lydia bitch Quigley. | 那个莉迪亚·奎格利贱人 |
[01:23] | She’s heard about my Greek Street House | 她听说了我的希腊街房子 |
[01:25] | and she’s trying to keep me down. | 她想打压我 |
[01:26] | It’s a huge leap; a vast expense. | 这是很大一步 一笔巨大的开销 |
[01:32] | We’re down to two girls. | 我们只剩两个女孩了 |
[01:34] | This move is too much risk. | 这一步棋走得太冒险了 |
[01:36] | Lydia Quigley has her girls sucking the law, the clergy, | 莉迪亚·奎格利让她的姑娘跪舔法官 神职人员 |
[01:39] | and the whole King’s bench! | 还有整个王座法院 |
[01:44] | If she kicks me, I’ll bite her back. | 如果她惹到我 我就会以牙还牙 |
[01:49] | So what brought you to London? | 你为什么来伦敦 |
[01:51] | I was in the navy. | 我参加过海军 |
[01:52] | Might’ve known. | 猜到了 |
[01:54] | Were you in the war? | 你打过仗吗 |
[01:56] | Tail end of it. | 那时候战争快结束了 |
[01:58] | In Guadeloupe, Havana. | 在哈瓦那的瓜达卢佩岛 |
[02:00] | West Indies. | 西印度群岛 |
[02:02] | What did you see? | 你见过什么 |
[02:03] | The inside of a ship, mostly. | 大部分时间都待在船里 |
[02:07] | Green islands, | 格林群岛 |
[02:08] | land I never walked on, | 我从未踏足过的土地 |
[02:11] | and fish. | 还有鱼 |
[02:13] | The fish were profoundly amazing. | 那儿的鱼极其奇妙 |
[02:15] | How? | 怎么个奇妙法 |
[02:18] | That’s it, the hour’s up now. | 好了 时间到了 |
[02:20] | You must pay for another to hear about the fish. | 你想听鱼的故事就得再付两便士 |
[02:23] | You’re learning, Mr. Marney. | 你学得挺快啊 马尼先生 |
[02:33] | You’ll make a harlot of me yet. | 你还会花钱请我的 |
[02:34] | I’m not buying. | 我不信 |
[02:39] | Thank you for your company, Ms. Wells. | 感谢你的陪伴 威尔斯女士 |
[02:54] | Charlotte, before you say a word… | 夏洛特 你先别说话 |
[02:57] | it was an error! | 那是个错误 |
[02:59] | You’re referring to my sister? | 你是指我妹吗 |
[03:02] | Did you deflower her? | 你给她破了苞吗 |
[03:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:06] | And it wasn’t an error until after? | 之后就不是错误了吗 |
[03:08] | It was a direct result of your behavior towards me yesterday! | 这都是你昨天对我那态度造成的 |
[03:11] | I’m going to pack, you can order me a coach. | 我去收拾东西 你可以帮我叫俩马车 |
[03:12] | Charlotte, it was nothing. | 夏洛特 那毫无意义 |
[03:15] | I spent the whole time thinking of you! | 我一直想的都是你 |
[03:17] | Oh, please. | 求你了 |
[03:20] | I’m deranged with love. | 我爱你爱得发狂 |
[03:22] | Don’t leave me. | 别离开我 |
[03:23] | I’d look a fool in front of the whole town!! | 全城的人会都把我当笑话看的 |
[03:27] | Is that what troubles you? | 这就是你担心的事吗 |
[03:30] | I know I can’t make you love me but stay with me. | 我知道我不能逼你爱我 但请留在我身边 |
[03:33] | You can have anything. | 你想要什么我都给你 |
[03:34] | I only ever asked for your trust. | 我只要求你相信我 |
[03:36] | You have it, you have it. | 我可以给你 可以给你 |
[03:38] | I trust you! | 我相信你 |
[03:42] | Please. | 求你了 |
[03:45] | You’ve roused the serpent. | 你已经唤醒了伊甸园之蛇 |
[03:48] | The serpent has been bad, I don’t want to see him. | 伊甸园之蛇是坏东西 我不想看见他 |
[03:52] | He’s a very sorry serpent. | 他是一条非常愧疚的蛇 |
[03:54] | He wants to tell you so, in person. | 他想亲自告诉你他的愧意 |
[03:57] | What will he give me, to prove his contrition? | 他会给我什么来证明他悔悟 |
[04:03] | A ring… of pearl and gold. | 一枚珍珠和金子做的戒指 |
[04:05] | Is he going to pay my gaming debts? | 他会帮我还赌债吗 |
[04:07] | Yes, all of them. | 会的 全还 |
[04:11] | Then he may have some fruit. | 那可以让他尝点甜头[苹果] |
[04:27] | George! | 乔治 |
[04:32] | Lydia Quigley. | 莉迪亚·奎格利 |
[04:36] | She could attack me again, | 她说不定还会来弄我 |
[04:38] | that citadel of quim in Golden Square. | 金色广场那满是骚货的破地方 |
[04:42] | Do you really want to kick that nest? | 你真的想捅马蜂窝吗 |
[04:45] | You know? | 你知道吗 |
[04:46] | A host of wasps may rise to sting you. | 可能会被一大群马蜂蜇呢 |
[04:51] | How old is that fish? | 那条鱼放了多久了 |
[04:52] | It’s turning my stomach. | 我的肚子不舒服 |
[04:54] | It ain’t the fish making you sick. | 才不是那条鱼让你不舒服的 |
[04:57] | You were just like this when you put Charlotte on the town. | 从你让夏洛特接客开始 就已经不舒服了 |
[05:01] | Lucy must have Repton. | 露西一定要攀上莱普顿 |
[05:04] | I sold her twice. | 我卖了她两次 |
[05:06] | Don’t know how to tell her. | 真不知道该怎么告诉她 |
[05:07] | Only twice? | 只有两次吗 |
[05:15] | Shut up, Filth! | 闭嘴 你个脏东西 |
[05:27] | Her renown might be her weakness. | 她的名声也许就是她的弱点 |
[05:30] | Quigley’s? | 奎格利的吗 |
[05:31] | Well, you could attack her reputation. | 你可以破坏她的名声 |
[05:33] | I could have a notion that would hurt her custom. | 我有个主意 可能会伤害她的主顾 |
[05:38] | Do you remember Mary Cooper? | 你还记得玛丽·库柏吗 |
[05:41] | She was a shining star at Quigley’s. | 她原来可是奎格利家的明日之星 |
[05:50] | You snore like a piglet. | 你打呼噜的声音跟猪一样 |
[05:56] | I’ve got every right to snore. | 我打呼噜也是应该的 |
[05:59] | I was tupped in half last night. | 我昨晚被干得都不行了 |
[06:03] | I’m on my way to earning myself a fortune. | 我要赚大钱了 |
[06:07] | You’ve got this to pay for first. | 但是首先你要把这个钱付了 |
[06:09] | Quigley puts it on your debt. | 奎格利把它算在你账上了 |
[06:10] | 你的裙子 香水和鞋 | |
[06:12] | Your meals, your room. | 还有你吃的饭 你的房间 |
[06:14] | She takes it from your money. | 这些都是从你的钱里扣的 |
[06:17] | We think “Oh yes, I will get rich!” | 我们还以为自己要发财了 |
[06:20] | but Mrs. Quigley, only she gets rich. | 但是只有奎格利夫人赚了大钱 |
[06:28] | Count Heinrich was thrilled with Miss Lacey last night. | 海因里希伯爵昨晚对莱西小姐神魂颠倒 |
[06:33] | I think she’ll earn her body-weight in gold. | 我觉得她马上就要千金难求了 |
[06:38] | I’m glad you’re thinking. | 我很高兴你在思考 |
[06:39] | It’s a good activity for you, my dear. | 这对你来说是件好事 亲爱的 |
[06:42] | I pray you’ll indulge in it more often. | 希望你以后可以多动动脑 |
[06:48] | – Justice Cunliffe. – Mistress Lydia. | -坎利夫法官 -莉迪亚夫人 |
[06:50] | I thought your only current mistress was the law. | 我还以为你现在的夫人[情人]只有法律呢 |
[06:53] | I am in need of a girl. | 我需要一个姑娘 |
[06:56] | Ever the overkeen schoolboy. | 还是个冲动的小男生呢 |
[06:58] | – Take one. – Not that kind of a girl. | -自己选吧 -我说的不是那种姑娘 |
[07:03] | I have some new friends. | 我有一些新朋友 |
[07:05] | They’re looking for something more… immaculate. | 他们需要一些更干净的姑娘 |
[07:10] | A sweet, untouched hanging risk? | 没开苞的处女 |
[07:14] | Why would I need that kind of peril? | 我为什么要去冒那种险呢 |
[07:18] | The peril is the adventure, surely. | 这确实算是冒险 |
[07:22] | You mistake me for a gull. | 我没你想的那么蠢 |
[07:24] | I have told my new friends that you are unsurpassed. | 我告诉我的新朋友说你是最棒的 |
[07:27] | They will pay whatever you ask. | 你要什么报酬都可以 |
[07:31] | Impress them. | 让他们高兴 |
[07:33] | And doors would open for you, as they are opening for me. | 然后大门就会为你敞开 就像为我敞开一样 |
[07:42] | What becomes of her after? | 那她之后会怎么样 |
[07:45] | I have no concern for after. | 之后的事就不用我担心了 |
[07:49] | Still a peach | 就算抹了这么厚的香粉 |
[07:52] | under all that powder. | 你还是这么美艳动人 |
[08:05] | Up, up! | 起来 都起来 |
[08:08] | You got gainful employment. | 你们有活干了 |
[08:09] | My cunny needs a cursed rest. | 让我的屄休息一下吧 |
[08:11] | I want feet, not cunny. | 我让你们用脚 不是屄 |
[08:14] | – I want eyes. – What for? | -还有你们的眼睛 -干嘛呀 |
[08:16] | You ever heard tell of Mary Cooper? | 你们听过玛丽·库柏的故事吗 |
[08:19] | Mary Cooper, Mary Cooper, | 玛丽·库柏 玛丽·库柏 |
[08:21] | she’s had every Lord and Trooper. | 贵族和骑兵她都上过 |
[08:23] | Kisses scorch, her waps are super. | 吻技一绝 波涛荡漾 |
[08:26] | I heard she’d fallen on hard times. | 我听说她遭到了不幸 |
[08:30] | You go find her. | 你们去找她 |
[08:41] | Your very first lover. | 你的第一个爱人 |
[08:46] | How are you? | 你还好吗 |
[08:51] | It was nothing. | 没事的 |
[08:53] | Did we get enough? | 他给我们的钱够吗 |
[08:54] | For the new house? | 够买新房子吗 |
[08:57] | We very, very nearly did. | 差一点点就够了 |
[09:04] | So we didn’t? | 不够吗 |
[09:07] | But fortunately, when the baronet made his bid for you, | 但幸好在准男爵为你投标之前 |
[09:12] | I had already accepted one. | 我已经接受了另一个标价 |
[09:14] | From Lord Repton. | 莱普顿大人出的 |
[09:21] | So that’s twice for your maidenhead. | 所以你的初夜卖了两次 |
[09:24] | – For you. – Garters, we made them. | -给你的 -吊袜带 我们亲手做的 |
[09:27] | To welcome you to the ranks. | 欢迎你加入我们 |
[09:29] | You always remember your first time, Lucy. | 你会一直记得初夜的 露西 |
[10:12] | Well, you’ll never know what it means, | 你不会明白拥有夏洛特·威尔斯那样的女人 |
[10:13] | to have a woman like Charlotte Wells. | 意味着什么 |
[10:14] | Such bliss is only for the chosen few. | 那种极乐只有天之骄子才配拥有 |
[10:17] | Well, here are some of her promissory notes. | 这里有几张她的本票 |
[10:19] | Pay them. | 付清 |
[10:25] | There’s more than fifty pounds here! | 这可有五十多镑呢 |
[10:28] | Yes, she’s a very poor gambler. | 是啊 她赌博的技术可太差劲了 |
[10:32] | My lord, the chosen few | 大人 你所谓的天之骄子 |
[10:34] | may not be as exclusive as you think. | 可能不止你一个 |
[10:37] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[10:39] | The Irishman who escorted her home. | 那个送她回家的爱尔兰人 |
[10:43] | It wasn’t exactly a kiss that I saw. | 我看见的不仅仅是个吻 |
[10:52] | Do you know God? | 你知道上帝吗 |
[10:55] | Has He knocked upon your heart? | 主可曾敲击你的心门 |
[10:57] | And in the hour of your beauty, did you turn Him away? | 在你的大好时光里 你是否把主拒之门外 |
[11:01] | You need Him now, don’t you? | 你现在需要主了 是吗 |
[11:04] | Say a prayer for a poor harlot? | 替可怜的妓女祷告吗 |
[11:07] | Crime of impurity is certainly deep down. | 不洁之罪必定藏匿于内心深处 |
[11:10] | Here. | 给 |
[11:11] | – Just ask yourself… – You are loved. | -你只需扪心自问 -上帝爱你 |
[11:13] | “How can I commit this sin against God?” | 我怎能如此亵渎上帝 |
[11:19] | Any of you wretches know Mary Cooper? | 你们这些可怜虫认识玛丽·库柏吗 |
[11:23] | Mary Cooper? | 玛丽·库柏 |
[11:25] | Who’s Nathaniel Lennox? | 纳撒尼尔·伦诺克斯是谁 |
[11:30] | A friend. | 一个朋友 |
[11:31] | He went to America, must be 20 years. | 他去了美国 得有20年了 |
[11:34] | Asking for you in the tavern. | 他在酒馆打听你 |
[11:43] | Nat Lennox? | 纳特·伦诺克斯 |
[11:47] | So he’s back? | 这么说他回来了 |
[11:51] | Must be down on his luck. | 估计是因为不怎么走运吧 |
[11:52] | He was telling the assembled company of his fine plantation | 他告诉大家 说自己有个大农场 |
[11:55] | and his thousand slaves. | 还有上千奴隶 |
[12:00] | Strange you never mentioned him. | 怪了 你从没提起过他 |
[12:06] | I’ve been sitting here desponding, Will, | 我一直很沮丧地坐在这里 威廉 |
[12:11] | thinking how we gonna find enough money? | 考虑怎样才能弄到足够的钱 |
[12:15] | And sometimes, God just fills your glass, doesn’t he? | 然而有时上帝会突然眷顾你 对吧 |
[12:25] | Here, look, it’s Mary Cooper. | 看 那就是玛丽·库柏 |
[12:33] | Is she dead? | 她死了吗 |
[12:34] | – Touch her. – You touch her. | -碰碰她 -你去吧 |
[12:48] | Excuse me, sir, I’m looking for work. | 劳驾 先生 我在找工作 |
[12:50] | This is the place, my dear. | 你来对地方了 亲爱的 |
[12:52] | There’s always housekeeper looking for staff. | 这里经常有管家来寻找佣人 |
[12:55] | Next! | 下一个 |
[13:04] | I’m here to find work. | 我是来找工作的 |
[13:06] | A housemaid perhaps. | 可以做女仆 |
[13:08] | Forgive me. | 抱歉 |
[13:12] | If you were not a stranger here, | 你若不是外乡人 |
[13:14] | you would know that woman is an infamous bawd. | 就会知道那个女人是个臭老鸨 |
[13:18] | She would feast on your innocence | 她会用你的清白大捞一笔 |
[13:20] | and force you into a life of depravity. | 然后逼你堕落终生 |
[13:23] | London is full of perils, my dear. | 伦敦很危险 亲爱的 |
[13:28] | I have a vacant position for the right maid. | 我这儿正好缺个女仆 |
[13:33] | I wonder… | 我在想 |
[13:34] | are you she? | 你行吗 |
[13:38] | Perhaps you are! | 也许你真行 |
[13:59] | Is your master in? | 你的主人在家吗 |
[14:02] | I am the mistress of this house. | 我是这家的女主人 |
[14:06] | Must have the wrong door. | 我一定是走错了 |
[14:07] | I’m looking for Nathaniel Lennox. | 我在找纳撒尼尔·伦诺克斯 |
[14:10] | Mr. Lennox is my husband. | 伦诺克斯先生是我的丈夫 |
[14:16] | Come sit down, come on. | 过来坐 来吧 |
[14:17] | Mr. Lennox has often spoken of you. | 伦诺克斯先生经常提起你 |
[14:21] | Really? | 是吗 |
[14:22] | Harriet knows all about us. | 我们的事哈里特都知道了 |
[14:24] | I never thought I’d see you again. | 我从没想过还能再见到你 |
[14:28] | You are in trade, Mrs. Wells, are you not? | 你做生意是吗 威尔斯夫人 |
[14:32] | I have a boarding house for young ladies. | 我经营一家给年轻姑娘住的公寓 |
[14:34] | How admirable. | 真令人敬佩 |
[14:35] | – I have plans to expand. – Oh, you always had plans. | -我打算扩大规模 -你总是有计划 |
[14:37] | Got my eye on a fine house in Greek Street. | 我看中了希腊街上一处不错的房子 |
[14:40] | You might find it an intriguing prospect. | 你可能会觉得那里前景不错 |
[14:42] | A business prospect. | 商业前景 |
[14:45] | Maggie, I want to see you for pleasure. | 玛吉 我想来找你讨点乐子 |
[14:52] | When might it please you? | 什么时候你方便 |
[14:54] | Maggie, stop that! | 玛吉 别闹了 |
[14:57] | Abigail, take them upstairs. | 阿比盖尔 带他们上楼 |
[15:01] | Lovely children you have. | 你的小孩真是可爱 |
[15:03] | I have a boy just like. | 我也有个这样可爱的小男孩 |
[15:06] | Tomorrow I want you to meet my eldest son. | 明天我想让你见见我的大儿子 |
[15:08] | He’s a bit… | 他有点… |
[15:11] | I think your house might suit him. | 我觉得你们妓院可能对他口味 |
[15:14] | You’re welcome too, Mrs. Lennox. | 也欢迎你 伦诺克斯夫人 |
[15:18] | No, Harriet won’t come. | 不 哈里特不会去的 |
[15:20] | She knows me, don’t you, my love? | 她了解我 不是吗 亲爱的 |
[15:23] | Mr. Lennox has educated me extremely well. | 伦诺克斯先生对我管教有加 |
[15:32] | – Who have you left behind? – Just my sister. | -家里还有谁 -只有我妹了 |
[15:37] | No sweetheart? | 没有心上人吗 |
[15:38] | No. | 没有 |
[15:40] | Because I’m most particular about the kind of girls I employ. | 因为我对雇的姑娘很有讲究 |
[15:44] | There’s no one. | 没有心上人 |
[15:46] | I’m not like that. | 我不是那样的人 |
[15:48] | You’re innocent, aren’t you? | 你真是纯洁无暇 不是吗 |
[15:51] | Just as I was once myself. | 就像当年的我 |
[15:57] | Now without further ado, | 那么事不宜迟 |
[15:58] | I shall go and get my gentlemen | 我现在就去找这里的绅士们 |
[16:00] | and they’ll explain exactly how you are to be employed. | 让他们告诉你 雇你来是做什么的 |
[16:24] | Intact. | 处女 |
[16:33] | I pledge my fidelity. | 我保证忠贞不渝 |
[16:36] | I solemnly swear my loyalty to you. | 我庄严地宣告我对你绝无二心 |
[16:41] | Alas, I’ve some wearisome news. | 有个扫兴的消息要告诉你 |
[16:43] | What is it? | 什么消息 |
[16:44] | My Aunt Beatrice once revealed her breasts to me | 碧翠丝阿姨有次给我看她的胸部 |
[16:48] | while I was attempting a Latin translation. | 我当时在做拉丁文翻译 |
[16:51] | They were like cow’s tongues. | 她的胸部垂得像牛舌头 |
[16:55] | She’s dead. | 她过世了 |
[16:56] | My mother commands my presence. | 我妈吩咐我出席 |
[16:58] | You’re leaving me, again? | 你又要离我而去 |
[17:00] | I must, in case the hag has left me any coinage. | 我必须去 万一那老太婆分我遗产了呢 |
[17:03] | Haxby will escort you while I’m gone. | 我走了以后哈克斯比会陪着你 |
[17:05] | I’ve told him not to leave your side. | 我叫他半步不离地盯着你 |
[17:06] | I don’t like Haxby. | 我不喜欢哈克斯比 |
[17:09] | I won’t tolerate that servile prig spying on me. | 我受不了让那个装腔作势的狗奴才监视我 |
[17:11] | And I won’t tolerate you slobbering | 我还受不了你在我家门口 |
[17:13] | over Irish louts on my doorstep! | 和爱尔兰粗人激情相吻呢 |
[17:19] | Follow her like a faithful dog, whether she wants it or no. | 不管她愿不愿意 你要像忠犬一样跟着她 |
[17:30] | So, you’re my dog. | 这么说 你是我的狗 |
[17:36] | Here boy. | 来 狗狗 |
[17:38] | Here. | 过来 |
[17:40] | Sit. | 坐 |
[17:42] | Will I get a treat, Miss Wells? | 会给我奖励吗 威尔斯小姐 |
[17:46] | I don’t think you’re a dog at all, Mr. Haxby. | 我觉得你根本不是狗 哈克斯比先生 |
[17:50] | I think you’re a bitch. | 我觉得你就是个贱人 |
[17:55] | Lord Fallon, Viscount Grayling. | 法伦大人 格雷林子爵 |
[17:58] | Between them, they own Berkshire. | 他俩共同拥有伯克郡 |
[18:01] | My mother delights in little secrets, | 我妈喜欢听点小秘密 |
[18:03] | so find out whatever you can. | 所以尽你所能去打听吧 |
[18:10] | I say. | 哎呀呀 |
[18:12] | It’s French. | 是法语 |
[18:14] | And where are you from, Missy? | 你从哪来 小姐 |
[18:18] | The gutter. | 贫民区 |
[18:20] | They’ve polished me up, | 他们给我打扮了一番 |
[18:22] | but I’m still exceeding dirty. | 但我仍然脏得彻底 |
[18:36] | Let’s see, get her up. | 瞧瞧 把她扶起来 |
[18:38] | Come up, Mary. | 起来 玛丽 |
[18:39] | Shining star, my ass. | 明日之星个屁 |
[18:43] | Oh, you’re all right, we’ll get you in now. | 你没事啦 我们带你进去 |
[18:52] | Come on, bring her in. | 来 带她进来 |
[18:56] | Little gift for Mags. | 给玛格的小礼物 |
[18:57] | Mary Cooper. | 玛丽·库柏 |
[18:59] | You are not bringing that in here. | 你们不能带她进这里 |
[19:00] | See what Quigley does to her girls? | 看到奎格利是怎么对她手下的姑娘了吧 |
[19:02] | Got rid of her as soon as she got ill. | 一生病就弃之不顾 |
[19:04] | It’s the French Pox, Will. | 她得的是梅毒 威廉 |
[19:07] | You’d have to fuck her to get it. | 你上了她才会被传染上 |
[19:08] | Tuppence. | 两便士 |
[19:11] | No good will come of this. | 她有害无益的 |
[19:12] | God himself would approve. | 上帝他老人家会赞成的 |
[19:13] | He may, but I don’t. | 或许吧 但我不会 |
[19:19] | Help yourself, gentlemen. | 随便吃 先生们 |
[19:20] | I’m going to eat your fruit. | 我要吃了你的”果实” |
[19:22] | You look absolutely divine, my dear. | 你看起来太仙美了 亲爱的 |
[19:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:26] | You are a delight. | 你真是个开心果 |
[19:36] | Sugar pigs! | 猪猪糖 |
[19:46] | Grayling is borrowing from Fallon. | 格雷林在跟法伦借钱 |
[19:50] | Who found it out? | 这事是谁发现的 |
[19:51] | Emily Lacey. | 埃米莉·莱西 |
[19:54] | She’s utterly bedazzling. | 她真是个迷人的小妖精 |
[19:59] | So my beloved Emily has gone? | 所以我亲爱的埃米莉走了吗 |
[20:01] | Lydia Quigley’s got her. | 她去了莉迪亚·奎格利那边 |
[20:03] | That’s terrible. | 这太糟了 |
[20:05] | How can I afford her in Golden Square? | 她去了金色广场我还怎么点得起她啊 |
[20:07] | Your distress should go beyond her price, Mr. Holland. | 你不该只为她的身价难过 霍兰德先生 |
[20:16] | This is what happens to Quigley’s girls. | 这就是奎格利那边姑娘的下场 |
[20:20] | “Mary Cooper spun straw into gold | 玛丽·库珀为金色广场的一位 |
[20:22] | for a well known widow of Golden Square.” | 广为人知的寡妇点石成金 |
[20:27] | Say “Kidnapping pimp,” Not “Widow.” | 写”抢妓女的老鸨” 别写”寡妇” |
[20:30] | And say “Lydia Quigley.” | 再点出”莉迪亚·奎格利” |
[20:31] | I cannot name her directly. | 我不能直书其名 |
[20:35] | Well, then call her “Dame Death.” | 那就称她为”死亡女爵” |
[20:37] | But make it clear that Mary caught the French Pox | 不过一定要写清楚玛丽是在她那边 |
[20:40] | under her roof. | 染上梅毒的 |
[20:42] | Do we know that to be true? | 你确定这是真的吗 |
[20:43] | Use your arts! | 发挥一下你的创造力 |
[20:47] | How hard is it to pay for washing? | 花钱洗个澡能有多难啊 |
[20:55] | I’ll be with you just now, handsome. | 我马上就来陪你 帅哥 |
[21:04] | We’re so busy. | 我们都忙死了 |
[21:06] | Can’t you help? | 你不能来帮下忙吗 |
[21:08] | Not allowed. | 妈妈不许我出台 |
[21:09] | I have to keep myself pure for Lord Reptile. | 我得为”爬虫”大人守身如玉 |
[21:13] | Your maidenhead’s gone on that baronet’s maypole. | 你已经被那位准男爵破了处 |
[21:17] | What’s pure about you now? | 你现在还能有多纯洁 |
[21:21] | Kitty! | 凯蒂 |
[21:23] | You said you always remember your first time. | 你说过你会永远记着你的第一次 |
[21:26] | What was yours? | 那你的第一次是谁 |
[21:28] | One of my father’s friends saw I was alone | 我父亲的一位朋友当时看到我孤身一人 |
[21:31] | and forced himself upon me. | 就强行扑倒了我 |
[21:35] | That’s my memory. | 我记忆里是这样 |
[21:47] | I didn’t mean to antagonize you. | 我并不是想故意激怒你 |
[21:49] | There are so many ways | 你这个女人 |
[21:50] | in which you are a stupid, stubborn woman. | 可真是又傻又固执 |
[21:52] | Will, Quigley must be stood up to! | 威廉 必须有人站出来反抗奎格利 |
[21:55] | I must strike back! | 我必须反击 |
[21:57] | If we attack Lydia Quigley, | 如果我们把矛头对准莉迪亚·奎格利 |
[21:59] | she will retaliate with all the power at her disposal! | 她一定会倾尽全力报复我们 |
[22:06] | So think hard… | 所以在拿那个垂死的女孩 |
[22:09] | before you make that dying girl your weapon. | 当枪使之前 你好好想想吧 |
[22:29] | “Infection was Mary’s reward, | 玛丽身染顽疾乃其人生之幸 |
[22:32] | for disease respects nor rich nor poor. | 皆因疾病纷扰不分贵贱 |
[22:35] | It lingers when the sport is done | 欢愉之后病魔流连 |
[22:38] | and may still hang like a pestilent mist | 如瘟毒浓雾盘旋于那金色广场之上 |
[22:41] | over the heartless madam’s pleasure house in Golden Square.” | 笼罩狠心鸨母的逍遥居留滞不消 |
[22:45] | “Ejected by this fiendish madam, | 为那狠毒鸨母所驱逐 |
[22:48] | who we can only call ‘Dame Death’ , | 我们只能称其为”死亡女爵” |
[22:51] | Mary was taken in by M. W., | 玛丽此后被MW所收留 |
[22:54] | a kindly widow of Covent Garden, | 一位考文特花园的善良寡妇 |
[22:56] | who is comforting her in her final hours.” | 她在玛丽最后的时日安抚着她受伤的身心 |
[22:59] | MW M.W.? | |
[23:01] | Margaret Wells, ha! | 玛格丽特·威尔斯 |
[23:04] | Blimey, Mrs. Wells took her in. | 老天 威尔斯夫人收留了她 |
[23:06] | – Well, I never! – Miss Lacey. | -要是我就绝不会 -莱西小姐 |
[23:07] | She didn’t get the pox here, did she? | 她又不是在这儿染上的梅毒 对吧 |
[23:09] | I don’t want it. | 我才不想得那破病呢 |
[23:10] | When I want fatuous, dull-witted commentary, | 我要是想听愚蠢无知的聒噪 |
[23:13] | I will buy a parrot. | 会去买只鹦鹉 |
[23:19] | So you’re using me in a fight with Mrs. Quigley. | 所以你这是在利用我向奎格利夫人开战 |
[23:23] | No one uses me… | 没人能利用我 |
[23:25] | unless they pay. | 除非给我钱 |
[23:27] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[23:28] | You’d have died yesterday if it weren’t for me. | 要不是我的话你昨天就死了 |
[23:30] | I want more gin! | 我要更多的杜松子酒 |
[23:32] | – I want laudanum. – Now listen… | -要鸦片酒 -听着 |
[23:34] | I want five pounds and I want a roast chicken! | 我还要五英镑和一只烤鸡 |
[23:37] | – Do not make demands. – Or I shall walk out on | -别狮子大开口 -不然话我就到大街去 |
[23:39] | that street and tell all London | 告诉全伦敦的人 |
[23:41] | how I love good Lydia Quigley. | 我有多爱善良的莉迪亚·奎格利 |
[23:44] | I wasn’t even ill ’til I left her house. | 离开她那里之前我压根没病 |
[23:47] | I caught this pox on Cheapside. | 我是在齐普赛街染上的梅毒 |
[23:53] | Say nothing. | 闭嘴吧你 |
[24:05] | Are you a virgin? | 你是处男吗 |
[24:09] | Are you a harlot? | 你是妓女吗 |
[24:13] | They say you only remember your first time. | 人们说你只会记得自己的第一次 |
[24:17] | Would you like to remember me? | 你希望记住的那个人是我吗 |
[24:23] | You’ll have to pay. | 你得付钱 |
[24:31] | I need it for food. | 这是我的饭钱 |
[24:33] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[24:35] | Jem Curran. | 杰姆·柯伦 |
[24:36] | Jem Curran. | 杰姆·柯伦 |
[24:38] | I am Lucy Wells. | 我叫露西·威尔斯 |
[24:41] | Famed courtesan. | 是位名妓 |
[24:44] | Give me your money and I’ll make you a man. | 把钱给我 我来让你成为真正的男人 |
[25:14] | What use is moaning? | 哭哭啼啼的有什么用 |
[25:17] | I’ve saved you from a life of drudgery. | 我把你从苦日子中解救出来 |
[25:19] | One day you’ll be grateful. | 总有一天你会感激我的 |
[25:21] | Look how much money the gentlemen paid, | 想一想那些绅士们付了多少钱吧 |
[25:23] | more than you’d earn in a year as a housemaid. | 比你做一年女仆挣得还多 |
[25:26] | Oh, enough whining! | 别唧唧歪歪了 |
[25:29] | I’m having a dreadful day. | 我今天心情很不好 |
[25:32] | Stop that noise! | 给我安静点 |
[25:36] | Now, this lady will take you to your new place of work | 现在 这位女士会带你去新的工作地点 |
[25:41] | and give you a nice room and a pretty dress. | 给你好房子住 给你漂亮的衣服穿 |
[25:43] | – Thirty! – Twenty. | -三十 -二十 |
[25:45] | Thirty, or may cancer strike you. | 三十 不然祝你得癌症 |
[25:51] | “When I want fatuous and dull-witted commentary, | 我要是想听愚蠢无知的聒噪 |
[25:55] | I simply talk to my son!” | 我只要和我儿子说说话就行了 |
[25:58] | You insolent jade. | 你真是位无礼的美人 |
[26:02] | Don’t be vexed; | 别生气嘛 |
[26:03] | We were just idling, for lack of custom. | 我们只是因为没有客人而太空虚无聊了 |
[26:08] | All of you, leave us. | 你们都给我出去 |
[26:12] | Now! | 快点 |
[26:20] | I’ve been your champion since you got here. | 从你来这儿起我就一直支持着你 |
[26:28] | I feel villainous. | 我觉得自己好坏 |
[26:31] | And I deserve every bit of your righteous passion. | 我应该承受你每一下正义的激撞 |
[26:36] | Oh yes! | 好爽 |
[26:38] | Mr. Quiggy! | 奎奇先生 |
[26:40] | You’re my man! | 你是我的男人 |
[26:41] | Oh yes! | 好爽 |
[26:43] | Oh, Mr. Quiggy! | 奎奇先生 |
[26:55] | Mumma! | 妈妈 |
[26:56] | Chariots of hell. | 该死 |
[27:03] | There’s no custom, Mumma. | 一个客人都没有 妈妈 |
[27:08] | The Prussian Embassy sent a card. | 普鲁士大使馆送来了一张卡片 |
[27:11] | They’re not coming. | 他们不来了 |
[27:15] | What are you smiling about, Missy? | 你在笑什么 小姐 |
[27:29] | Where does this filthy labyrinth lead? | 这条弯弯绕绕又脏兮兮的路通向哪里 |
[27:35] | To my sister, Mr. Haxby. | 通向我的妹妹 哈克斯比先生 |
[27:37] | This is my home. | 这里是我家 |
[27:40] | Hello, sprat. | 你好 小家伙 |
[27:42] | I’ve come to see how you are. | 我来看看你过得怎么样 |
[27:43] | Not a sprat any more. | 我不是个小孩子了 |
[27:45] | Charlotte! | 夏洛特 |
[27:46] | Where have you been; get in! | 你去哪儿了 快进来 |
[27:47] | How are you, Pa? | 最近还好吗 老爹 |
[27:48] | Where’s Sir George? | 乔治爵士在哪儿 |
[27:50] | This is Mr. Haxby, his spy. | 这位是哈克斯比先生 他的密探 |
[27:54] | We’ll have no spying here, sir. | 我们这儿可没什么好监视的 先生 |
[27:57] | This is a decent cunny house. | 这里可是个正经妓院 |
[28:02] | We must impress this client. | 我们必须给这个客人留下深刻的印象 |
[28:04] | He’s on his way. | 他已经在来的路上了 |
[28:05] | Betsey, Violet, no mere pintle-grabbing; | 贝琪 维奥莱特 别直接贴上去 |
[28:08] | you’re not on the streets now. | 你们不是在站街 |
[28:10] | When we get in there, | 我们等下进去 |
[28:10] | everyone witty and reclining. | 每个人都给我表现得风趣幽默又惹人怜爱 |
[28:14] | Where’s my cursed laudanum, you cunny-licking witch? | 我的鸦片酒在哪 贱巫婆 |
[28:18] | – I want my poppy! – I beg you, | -我要鸦片 -我求你 |
[28:20] | take your spy in there and keep this trollop quiet. | 把你的密探带进去 让这个婆娘安静下来 |
[28:22] | Get her our of sight. | 别让她出现我们眼前 |
[28:24] | Mary, remember me? | 玛丽 还记得我吗 |
[28:26] | Oh, Charlotte, what does a whore have to do | 夏洛特 一个妓女需要做什么 |
[28:28] | to get some poppy in this dump? | 才能从这垃圾堆里弄到鸦片 |
[28:36] | Mary? | 玛丽 |
[28:40] | You’ve had some adventures | 看来自从我们上次见面 |
[28:41] | since I last saw you. | 你经历了相当坎坷的一段时光 |
[28:42] | You mean I look like a bunter? | 你是想说我看起来像个乞丐吗 |
[28:47] | Mr. Haxby, this is Mary. | 哈克斯比先生 这位是玛丽 |
[28:50] | She was my friend. | 她曾是我的朋友 |
[28:51] | You got any poppy, Mister? | 你有鸦片吗 先生 |
[28:54] | No. | 没有 |
[28:55] | Are you Charlotte’s cull? | 你是夏洛特的客人吗 |
[28:57] | No, he’s just a little drudge. | 不 他不过是一个小跟班而已 |
[29:00] | Tupping his overlord. | 努力侍奉着他的主人 |
[29:02] | So what’s that like? | 那是怎样的感觉 |
[29:04] | I’ve known it worse. | 我知道感觉很不好 |
[29:05] | Well, I haven’t; I can’t get a cockless leper. | 我不知道 我连个没鸡巴的万人嫌都找不到 |
[29:18] | Welcome to the sanctuary. | 欢迎来到避难所 |
[29:20] | Leave your worries and woes on the threshold | 把你的忧愁与痛苦留在门外 |
[29:22] | and enter our house of recreation. | 进入我们这间逍遥屋吧 |
[29:25] | I like that. | 我就喜欢这个 |
[29:43] | This must be why you have sent for me. | 这一定是你请我来的原因了 |
[29:45] | My daughter read it to me and I presume you’re feeling libeled. | 我女儿念给我听了 我猜你是觉得被污蔑了 |
[29:49] | Never presume to know how I’m feeling. | 别假装知道我的感受 |
[29:53] | God has made me a vessel for truth, | 上帝选了我作为真理的容器 |
[29:55] | and I must speak it. | 我就必须说出来 |
[29:58] | You live in my property rent-free! | 你免费住在我的房产里 |
[30:01] | I am your God now, Mrs. Scanwell, | 现在我就是你的上帝 斯康威尔夫人 |
[30:04] | and you will speak your truth for me! | 你嘴里的真理要为我服务 |
[30:07] | I have taken your house for the sake of my daughter… | 我是为了我的女儿才接受了你提供的住处 |
[30:12] | and I will do your bidding… | 我也会遵从你的吩咐… |
[30:15] | but you will always hear God’s truth from me. | 但你将一如既往地从我这里听到上帝的真理 |
[30:18] | You’re a scorpion, Mrs. Scanwell; | 你真是只毒蝎子 斯康威尔夫人 |
[30:20] | that’s the only truth that matters, | 这才是唯一有意义的真理 |
[30:22] | and I’ve asked you to sting Margaret Wells. | 我不是让你去敲玛格丽特·威尔斯的竹杠 |
[30:25] | Such things take time. | 这种事情急不得 |
[30:27] | The time is today. | 择日不如撞日 |
[30:32] | You can find your own way out. | 你自己出去吧 |
[30:39] | Can this really be the place? | 这里真的就是你所说的避难所吗 |
[30:41] | It’s a common cathouse. | 不过是个普通的妓院而已 |
[30:42] | When I was your age… | 我像你这么大时… |
[30:43] | That’s the only one worth taking. | 那位是唯一值得带走的 |
[30:46] | I’ll have her. | 我就要她了 |
[30:50] | That is my very own daughter, Lucy. | 那是我亲生女儿 露西 |
[30:52] | And she’s currently promised to another | 她目前暂时许给了别人 |
[30:55] | but here is Miss Fletcher. | 但这位弗莱彻小姐 |
[30:57] | She is very similar of age and demeanor. | 她的年龄和举止都十分相仿 |
[30:59] | I’m also available. | 也可以选我 |
[31:01] | Get in there, Fanny! | 一边去 范妮 |
[31:07] | Forgive my modesty. | 原谅我的青涩 |
[31:09] | I was a virgin until yesterday. | 我直到昨天都还是处女 |
[31:12] | The girl smells of stale liquor. | 这女孩闻起来一身臭酒味 |
[31:15] | The black’s your choice, isn’t she? | 那个黑人是你的菜 对吧 |
[31:17] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[31:17] | Have they all got manners as foul as yours in America? | 美国人都像你一样言谈举止如此粗鄙吗 |
[31:20] | Don’t be offended. | 无意冒犯 |
[31:22] | My father’s always favored a savage kind of whore. | 我父亲总是很喜欢比较野性的妓女 |
[31:25] | One more word and I will send you out of this room | 再说一个字 我就把你像拎小鸡一样 |
[31:26] | like the child you are! | 扔出这个房间 |
[31:28] | I’ve a little sister who’ll grow up just like you. | 我有个妹妹 长大后就会像你一样 |
[31:31] | Get out, Benjamin. | 滚出去 本杰明 |
[31:34] | Out! | 滚 |
[31:44] | Boy gives me indigestion. | 这孩子让我消化不良 |
[31:47] | I like your house, Maggie. | 我喜欢你的房子 玛吉 |
[31:51] | Your girls are cut from your cloth. | 你的姑娘们青出于蓝 |
[31:53] | Imagine how well we’d do, if we had a bit of silk? | 如果有更好的环境 想想我们会干得多棒 |
[32:02] | You should take one of them upstairs. | 你应该挑一位带上楼 |
[32:05] | Miss Carter would suit you, | 卡特小姐挺适合你的 |
[32:06] | she’s an angel. | 她是位天使 |
[32:08] | Maggie, it isn’t Miss Carter or Miss Anyone-else | 玛吉 我来这里不是为了见卡特小姐的 |
[32:10] | I’ve come here to see. | 或其他任何一位小姐的 |
[32:13] | Surely you know that. | 你很清楚这一点 |
[32:15] | It’s you. | 我要的是你 |
[32:29] | He wants me. | 他想要我 |
[32:32] | Fuck. | 妈的 |
[32:40] | I haven’t been with another man since 1758. | 1758年后我就没和别的男人睡过了 |
[32:45] | Have you come to ask me if I mind? | 你是来问我是否介意的吗 |
[32:54] | Give it back, you fuckin’ weasel! | 还给我 你个滑头 |
[32:55] | I’ll punch you… | 我打死你… |
[33:04] | How goes the play, my lord? | 表演如何 大人 |
[33:08] | Badly. | 差极了 |
[33:16] | Emily Lacey is, at this moment, | 埃米莉·莱西此时正在 |
[33:19] | playing with her perfect breasts | 玩弄她那对完美的双峰 |
[33:21] | waiting to be skewered on your pointed weapon. | 等着接受您的临幸 |
[33:24] | The Ledger says there’s a French Pox in your house. | 报上说你们那有人染上了梅毒 |
[33:28] | That’s a lying rag; our girls are clean. | 无稽之谈 我们的女孩都是干净的 |
[33:31] | I swear, Quigley, if I pick up anything from one of your whores, | 我向你发誓 奎格利 如果我因你那里的妓女 |
[33:33] | I’ll choke you on a mercury cure. | 而染上性病 我就给你灌水银 |
[33:33] | 水银在当时是作为梅毒的治疗手段 | |
[33:42] | Time’s done its work on me. | 时间给我留下了岁月的痕迹 |
[33:46] | On us both. | 咱俩都是 |
[33:52] | I was so in love with you, Maggie. | 我当时是那么的爱你 玛吉 |
[33:55] | Tell me… | 告诉我 |
[33:57] | was it only my money? | 当时你只是为了我的钱吗 |
[34:01] | When you went away… | 你离开之时 |
[34:03] | I was inconsolable. | 我悲痛欲绝 |
[34:12] | This whore is condemned by God. | 这位妓女已经被上帝判了死刑 |
[34:14] | Her sins are dragging her down. | 她所犯下的罪会让她下地狱 |
[34:16] | How can you speak so brutally? | 你怎么能说出如此残忍的话 |
[34:18] | I speak true. | 我说的是事实 |
[34:19] | All harlots are damned. | 妓女都该下地狱 |
[34:21] | You’re right, Mary, he is the devil. | 你说得没错 玛丽 他是个恶魔 |
[34:35] | So how much you gonna lend me then, | 所以你会为我的新房子 |
[34:37] | for my new house? | 借我多少钱 |
[34:40] | – Don’t let him take me! – Mary Cooper, fuck off! | -别让他带走我 -玛丽·库柏你给我滚 |
[35:04] | This lady’s been waiting to see you. | 这位女士等着见您 |
[35:11] | I trust there is no trouble with our business. | 我们之间的交易没问题吧 |
[35:14] | None. | 是的 |
[35:15] | Then what in the name of all sense brings you here? | 那你为什么到这来 |
[35:18] | A vile attempt… to blacken my name. | 一个无耻之人妄图诋毁我 |
[35:24] | I fail to see how this concerns me. | 我没看出来这与我有何关系 |
[35:27] | Margaret Wells is behind it. | 是玛格丽特·威尔斯在背后捣的鬼 |
[35:29] | You could have had her whipped and transported | 你本可以判她鞭刑并流放出境 |
[35:31] | but you left her at liberty. | 但你却放了她 |
[35:38] | Justice cannot stoop to a pointless vendetta | 法律的公正不能因为两个老鸨之间毫无意义的 |
[35:42] | between two bawds. | 龙争虎斗而被玷污 |
[35:43] | What exactly did justice stoop to | 你当时让我去绑架一位无辜女孩时 |
[35:45] | when it asked me to kidnap an innocent girl? | 那时候有什么公正吗 |
[35:47] | This is a trifling matter, madam. | 这只是件小事 夫人 |
[35:49] | Take your scandal sheet and go. | 拿走你的流言小报离开这里吧 |
[35:59] | Forgive me. | 请原谅我 |
[36:03] | I do not have the superior force of male reason | 我没有男人与生俱来 |
[36:06] | willing my actions. | 可以随心所欲的特权 |
[36:09] | As you and your powerful friends do. | 而你和你那些有权有势的朋友有 |
[36:28] | O God of Spirits and of all flesh… | 万人之主的神啊 |
[36:32] | who hast trodden down death and overcome the evil one… | 你超脱了生死 战胜了邪恶 |
[36:35] | You had the trick of making everyone look your way. | 你能让众人挪不开眼 |
[36:38] | Take, O Lord, the soul of this sinner, Mary. | 主啊 请带走这位罪人玛丽吧 |
[36:43] | ‘Tis within the power of your grace | 用你的慈悲之怀 |
[36:45] | – to save her from perdition… – You can stop now. | -使她免遭地狱之苦 -闭嘴吧 |
[36:51] | She’s dead. | 她死了 |
[37:09] | What do you want? | 你有什么事吗 |
[37:10] | Tell Dame Death Mary Cooper’s dead. | 告诉”死亡女爵” 玛丽·库柏死了 |
[37:15] | – Get out. – Tell her not to show her face in Covent Garden | -滚 -告诉她别在考文特花园露面 |
[37:17] | ’cause there’s a lot of girls who want to rip her eyes out. | 因为那里有一堆姑娘想把她的眼睛挖出来 |
[37:25] | What is it between Mrs. Wells and your mumma? | 威尔斯夫人和你妈之间到底有什么过节 |
[37:29] | I’m very busy. | 我现在很忙 |
[37:33] | How? | 忙什么 |
[37:34] | Seein’ as we’ve got no culls. | 我们这里一个客人都没有 |
[37:39] | Tell me the tale of Mrs. Wells. | 跟我说说威尔斯夫人的故事吧 |
[37:41] | It’s none of your business. | 这事与你无关 |
[37:44] | You don’t know it, do you? | 你也不知道 对吗 |
[38:01] | We should put some powder on her. | 我们应该给她抹点粉 |
[38:04] | Let’s not hide what life did to her. | 别遮掩生活在她身上留下的伤疤 |
[38:08] | God preserve us all from a fate like Mary Cooper’s. | 上帝保佑我们最后的下场别像玛丽·库柏一样 |
[38:27] | Narrow is the path we tread | 我们的前路崎岖狭窄 |
[38:29] | and grave are the dangers. | 危险重重 |
[38:32] | Mary Cooper reminds us of how brief | 玛丽·库柏的离去使我们意识到 |
[38:34] | our dance in the candlelight can be. | 生活是多么的短暂 |
[38:39] | The Lord has punished her sins! | 上帝是在为她所负的罪而惩罚她 |
[38:41] | May He punish those who sinned against her! | 那希望上帝也会惩罚那些迫害她的罪人 |
[38:44] | May He punish Dame Death! | 愿主惩罚”死亡女爵” |
[38:46] | Margaret Wells. | 玛格丽特·威尔斯 |
[38:49] | Whoremaker! | 老鸨 |
[38:52] | Girlseller! | 贩卖少女 |
[38:53] | Childspoiler! | 带坏儿童的人 |
[38:56] | The annihilating angel is coming for you. | 泯灭天使即将降临惩治你的罪 |
[39:00] | You’re damned. | 你要下地狱了 |
[39:01] | As surely as the husk of depravity | 而你那堕落的躯壳定会 |
[39:04] | you carry to her tomb. | 随你一同进入她的坟墓 |
[39:06] | Mary Cooper lit up this town like a flare! | 玛丽·库柏就像一发点亮了这座城市的信号弹 |
[39:10] | – Yeah! – And for those who damn us, | -没错 -那些谴责我们的人 |
[39:13] | us, I say be damned! | 要我说 见鬼去吧 |
[39:16] | Mary Cooper! | 玛丽·库柏 |
[39:17] | Mary Cooper! | 玛丽·库柏 |
[39:19] | Mary Cooper! | 玛丽·库柏 |
[39:45] | Mary Cooper… | 玛丽·库柏 |
[39:49] | Mary Cooper. | 玛丽·库柏 |
[39:58] | *She’s had every Lord and Trooper* | *贵族和骑兵她都上过* |
[40:02] | *Mary Cooper, Mary Cooper* | *玛丽·库柏 玛丽·库柏* |
[40:05] | *Leaves her lovers in a stupor* | *让她的情人神魂颠倒* |
[40:09] | *Ridin’ high, no man can dupe her* | *意气英发 没人可以玩弄她* |
[40:12] | *London’s Venus, Mary Cooper* | *伦敦的爱神 玛丽·库伯* |
[40:27] | My first harlot’s coins, Mary. | 这是我做妓女挣的第一笔钱 玛丽 |
[40:39] | My pleasure, ladies. | 我很荣幸 女士们 |
[40:51] | I looked down into the waters and saw fish… | 我往水下看去 看到了一群鱼 |
[40:55] | so bright they hurt my eyes. | 它们的光芒刺痛了我的双眼 |
[40:59] | Little jewels, some smaller than minnows, | 就像小小的宝石 有些比鲦鱼还小 |
[41:01] | some bigger than pigs. | 有些比猪还大 |
[41:06] | It was another world down there, | 水下是另一番世界 |
[41:08] | a green and blue Eden. | 一个绿色和蓝色的伊甸园 |
[41:14] | This life is full of wonder, Charlotte Wells. | 生活充满了惊奇 夏洛特·威尔斯 |
[41:48] | Feel the scourge of remorse. | 感受悔恨的鞭挞吧 |
[41:51] | Abase yourself at God’s feet. | 在上帝脚下保持谦卑 |
[41:55] | Implore him for forgiveness and in His mercy | 祈求主的宽恕 或许仁慈的主 |
[41:58] | He may save your filthy soul. | 会拯救你们肮脏的灵魂 |
[42:03] | Come on, Bets, stop your acting. | 行了 小贝 别演了 |
[42:10] | Hatred, strife, murders, and drunkenness | 怨恨 争吵 谋杀 酗酒 |
[42:14] | will follow you, every day of your life! | 会伴随你们余生的每一天 |
[42:16] | – I love you too. – Shame on you! | -我也爱你 -你真无耻 |
[42:18] | God have mercy on you. | 愿上帝宽恕你 |
[42:21] | Once a bobtail, always a bobtail! | 一日为贱民 终身为贱民 |
[42:59] | I thought I could walk away this afternoon but… | 我本以为今天下午可以一走了之 但是 |
[43:03] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[43:07] | I always knew you were grasping my money. | 我一直知道你看上的是我的钱 |
[43:10] | Na. | 我没有 |
[43:12] | You want me to invest in your house? | 你想让我给你的生意投资 |
[43:14] | Then I shall. | 那我就投 |
[43:17] | Come and see me tomorrow afternoon and we’ll talk. | 明天下午来和我谈一下 |
[43:26] | Show me what you’ve got and I’ll show you what I’ve got. | 我们互相展示下各自的本事 |
[43:29] | How’s that for you? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[43:44] | Violet tells me there’s not a soul | 维奥莱特告诉我今晚奎格利的妓院 |
[43:45] | in Quigley’s house tonight. | 没有一个人光顾 |
[43:48] | Place is like a morgue. | 那里安静得像停尸房 |
[44:09] | Give the man money, Mr. Haxby. | 付钱给他 哈克斯比先生 |
[44:12] | A coin for a gentleman! | 一个硬币 |
[44:14] | I will not. | 我才不给 |
[44:16] | Oh, come on then, show us what you’ve got. | 快来 给我们看看你有什么 |
[44:18] | What’s in your britches? | 你裤子里装着什么宝贝 |
[44:20] | Nothing but the Book of Common Prayer. | 除了《国家祈祷书》啥都没有 |
[44:23] | You are shamefully drunk! | 你真是醉得伤风败俗 |
[44:42] | Your hat, Mr. Haxby. | 你的帽子 哈克斯比先生 |
[45:02] | She was a proper fucking minx, that one. | 她生前真是个不错的妓女 |
[45:05] | May the pox strike her down. | 愿梅毒能把她打倒 |
[45:13] | I once made the mistake of | 我曾经错误地 |
[45:14] | treating Margaret Wells like my own. | 把玛格丽特·威尔斯视为己出 |
[45:18] | I took her into my home. | 我把她引进门 |
[45:20] | She betrayed me. | 她却背叛了我 |
[45:23] | Had me arrested on a vindictive charge; kidnapping. | 为了报复我 竟然控诉我绑架 |
[45:27] | I could have hanged. | 我当时差点被绞死 |
[45:31] | That woman is pure menace. | 那个女人是个真正的威胁 |
[45:42] | Calling at this hour. | 谁这么晚来 |
[45:52] | Out of my way! | 都让开 |
[46:29] | *Mary Cooper, Mary Cooper* | *玛丽·库柏 玛丽·库柏* |
[46:33] | *Leaves her lovers in a stupor* | *让她的情人神魂颠倒* |
[46:37] | *Ridin’ high, no man can dupe her* | *意气英发 没人可以玩弄她* |
[46:40] | *London’s Venus, Mary Cooper* | *伦敦的爱神 玛丽·库伯* |