时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | This baby’s almost ready to be born. | 这孩子几乎已经准备好出生了 |
[00:03] | For her children. | 买她孩子的 |
[00:04] | Your mongrels are mine by law. | 你的小杂种们在法律上是归我的 |
[00:06] | She cannot be seen. | 她不能被人看见 |
[00:08] | The Spartans are in for some very fine sport. | 斯巴达人肯定会想尝试一下美妙的肉体 |
[00:12] | How did you find me? | 你怎么找到我的 |
[00:13] | Your dear friend Margaret Wells. | 你亲爱的朋友玛格丽特·威尔斯 |
[00:14] | I found a treasure. | 我找到了一件珍宝 |
[00:17] | – I want Lucy. – You’ll be Lucy’s keeper? | -我想要露西 -你想包养露西 |
[00:19] | I’m now your master and your lord. | 我现在是你的主人了 |
[00:21] | You may not ever refuse me! | 你永远别想拒绝我 |
[00:24] | Lucy will be damned. | 露西会死得很惨 |
[00:25] | Her soul will burn for murder. | 她将会因谋杀而良心不安 |
[00:29] | It’s my murder now. | 这下是我犯了谋杀罪 |
[00:31] | The whole street will witness him leave. | 整条街都会看到他离开 |
[00:34] | We’ll hang for this. | 我们会为此被绞刑 |
[02:12] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[02:14] | Pa and Jacob didn’t come home last night. | 老爹和雅各布昨晚没回家 |
[02:17] | I’m going to go and find them. | 我要去找他们 |
[02:20] | I’m coming with you. | 我跟你一起去 |
[02:22] | No. | 不行 |
[02:25] | I’ll not be cosseted. | 我不会再胡闹了 |
[02:27] | Not anymore. | 再也不会 |
[03:02] | What are you doing? | 你干嘛呢 |
[03:06] | I’m going to Ma’s house. | 我要去妈妈的妓院 |
[03:10] | Charlotte, you can’t. | 夏洛特 你不能去 |
[03:11] | I need to know what happened after I left. | 我得知道我走了以后发生了什么 |
[03:13] | No, makes no odds what happened. | 别去 发生了什么都一样 |
[03:15] | Whether your man lived or died, | 你男人不论是生是死 |
[03:17] | your neck’s in the noose; we need to leave. | 你都会被绞死的 我们必须走 |
[03:19] | Why must I run when I haven’t done anything wrong? | 我没做错事 为什么要走 |
[03:21] | Because it looks like you have | 因为看起来就像是你做的 |
[03:22] | and that’s all that matters. | 这才是最重要的 |
[03:26] | I need to know that Lucy’s safe. | 我得知道露西没事才行 |
[03:30] | Let your mother plot to keep Lucy safe… | 让你妈妈去操心露西的安危吧 |
[03:34] | …and we’ll do the same for us. | 我们来操心自己的 |
[03:38] | Charlotte. | 夏洛特 |
[03:39] | Do you have brothers or sisters? | 你有兄弟姐妹吗 |
[03:40] | Many. | 很多 |
[03:41] | But not two of us within a hundred miles of each other, | 但是大家都天各一方 |
[03:43] | that’s what happens. | 现实就是这样 |
[03:46] | Fate scatters you like seed. | 命运总会像播种一样把你们分开 |
[03:51] | I won’t just leave her. | 我不能就这么离开她 |
[03:55] | What if I go to the house? | 要是我去妓院呢 |
[03:57] | Once I’ve arranged passage; will that satisfy you? | 一安排好行程我就去 这样可以吗 |
[04:00] | You’ll tell me truthfully what you find? | 你会跟我说实话吗 |
[04:06] | Have I not done enough to earn your trust? | 我还不足以赢得你的信任吗 |
[04:53] | Mrs. Quigley, please! | 奎格利夫人 求你了 |
[04:56] | Oh, please, I’m begging you! | 别这样 求你了 |
[05:01] | Charles was destined for the foundling hospital | 当年查理斯必须被送往孤儿院 |
[05:05] | but when they came to take him away, | 但当他们来带走他时 |
[05:07] | he grabbed a handful of my hair and wouldn’t let go. | 他紧紧地抓住我的头发不放手 |
[05:12] | “This one’s a fighter,” I thought. | 我当时想着 “这家伙是个战士” |
[05:15] | But instead, he’s as pliable as dough. | 然而事与愿违 他窝囊得像个面团 |
[05:19] | At the mercy of every hard-nosed jade | 任何一个精明的婊子 |
[05:23] | that would misuse him. | 都能利用他 |
[05:30] | He has a big, kind heart. | 他心地很善良 |
[05:35] | And it pains me that I’ve hurt him. | 伤害了他我也很痛苦 |
[05:39] | The true pain awaits. | 真正的痛苦还在后面 |
[05:43] | No, Mrs. Quigley. | 不要 奎格利夫人 |
[05:44] | No! | 不 |
[05:45] | No, Mrs. Quigley, no, no! | 不 奎格利夫人 不不 |
[05:48] | No, please! | 不 求你了 |
[06:02] | Please! | 求你了 |
[06:04] | Help! | 救命啊 |
[06:18] | Where are the family? | 那家人都跑哪去了 |
[06:20] | Are we expected to pretend | 我们要装作这里 |
[06:21] | nothing happened here last night? | 昨晚什么事也没发生吗 |
[06:25] | I don’t know what you mean. | 我不懂你什么意思 |
[06:27] | If Mrs. Wells has fled then we deserve to know. | 如果威尔斯夫人逃走了 我们有权知道 |
[06:30] | Mon Dieu, even Madam Quigley, | 天啊 就算是奎格利夫人 |
[06:33] | she does not murder the gentlemen. | 也不敢谋杀贵族 |
[06:37] | That’s the constables come for us all. | 治安官来找我们了 |
[06:39] | It’ll just be a caller. | 应该只是例行询问 |
[06:40] | Hold your nerve. | 都镇定点 |
[06:42] | And do what she pays you for. | 别让她白养了你们 |
[07:07] | Nance! | 南茜 |
[07:13] | Will didn’t come home last night. | 威廉昨晚没回来 |
[07:15] | I thought you’d both been taken. | 我以为你俩都被抓了 |
[07:17] | If I’m forced to look at your wicked face | 别再让我看到你这副嘴脸 |
[07:19] | I might be inclined to break it. | 我真想撕烂它 |
[07:22] | Why? | 为什么 |
[07:25] | You distracted the wolf by throwing it a babe. | 你为了引开饿狼而丢给它个婴儿 |
[07:31] | Emily. | 埃米莉 |
[07:33] | Get in. | 进来吧 |
[07:38] | You stay there, Lucy Wells, | 你待在这儿 露西·威尔斯 |
[07:39] | there are things you don’t need to hear. | 有些话你不必听 |
[07:41] | I’ll stay with my mother. | 我要陪着我妈 |
[07:42] | You may have grown an inch since you stuck a man, | 你也许捅了人以后有所长进 |
[07:44] | but you’ll still do as you’re told. | 但你还得听话 |
[07:55] | What choice did I have? | 我还有别的选择吗 |
[07:57] | I did it for Lucy. | 都是为了露西 |
[08:02] | If you had… children then you’d understand. | 如果你有…孩子你就会明白 |
[08:07] | It isn’t motherhood that’s addled your morals. | 让你道德沦丧的不是母爱 |
[08:11] | It’s greed. | 而是贪婪 |
[08:14] | You’re only a hairpiece and a powder pot away | 你跟你瞧不起的人 |
[08:16] | from being everything you despised. | 只差一顶假发和一盒粉罐了 |
[08:23] | Where are Will and Jacob? | 威廉和雅各布去哪了 |
[08:24] | They walked into the night covered in blood and mud and shame! | 他们沾满鲜血污泥还有愧疚消失在了夜色里 |
[08:29] | If he’s left you then good on him! | 他要是离开了你 那么恭喜他 |
[08:32] | Everyone else will follow. | 其他人也会如此 |
[08:34] | In time. | 早晚的事 |
[08:44] | They said it was thieves. | 他们说是小偷干的 |
[08:45] | Poked him in the guts and then dumped him in a pond. | 刺中他的内脏后丢进了池塘 |
[08:48] | Rich bastard. | 可怜的有钱人 |
[08:50] | I hope the fishes ate his worm. | 但愿鱼儿们吃掉他的寄生虫 |
[08:52] | Whose worm? | 谁的寄生虫 |
[08:55] | Your Ma gave Emily Lacey up to bitch Quigley. | 你妈把埃米莉·莱西送给了奎格利那个贱人 |
[08:58] | – Come on. – Oh, there she is, | -走吧 -她在这呢 |
[08:59] | Margaret Wells, the big-hearted bawd. | 玛格丽特·威尔斯 慷慨的老鸨 |
[09:02] | My ma does nothing without good cause. | 我妈做事都是有正当理由的 |
[09:16] | This is not the work of common thieves, Constable. | 这不是普通小偷干的 治安官 |
[09:22] | His courtesan came here last night with a ruffian in tow. | 昨晚他的情妇带着一个无赖来过这里 |
[09:26] | When I interrupted their robbery, they set upon me. | 我不让他们抢劫 他们就袭击了我 |
[09:30] | Charlotte is a cockish moll, no doubt, | 夏洛特是个有脾气的妓女 毋庸置疑 |
[09:33] | but…slaying her master? | 但是…杀害她的主人 |
[09:39] | They were smeared in blood and filth. | 他们身上脏兮兮地沾满了血迹 |
[09:41] | I knew they were fleeing from villainy | 我本以为他们刚刚摆脱了恶棍 |
[09:43] | but I never imagined this. | 但没想过会这样 |
[09:47] | Sir George and Ms. Wells | 乔治爵士和威尔斯女士 |
[09:51] | quarreled two nights ago. | 两个晚上前吵了一架 |
[09:53] | She made the most outlandish accusations. | 她对他的指责十分怪异 |
[09:56] | She is a fiend dressed as a damsel. | 她就是一个化身为少女的恶魔 |
[10:00] | You’ll need to repeat all this to the magistrate. | 你得把这些向法官反映 |
[10:03] | If it will see justice done. | 只要能讨回公道就行 |
[10:16] | Where have you been, Mumma? | 你去哪了 妈妈 |
[10:17] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[10:18] | I expected to find you convalescing. | 你不是在休养吗 |
[10:22] | I came to look for you in the night | 我晚上找过你 |
[10:23] | and you weren’t there. | 你不在 |
[10:27] | I was searching for Emily Lacey. | 我去找埃米莉·莱西了 |
[10:30] | But she has disappeared into the gutter | 但她已经消失在贫民区了 |
[10:32] | and I am left with her debt. | 她的债还没还呢 |
[10:38] | And a lesson. | 还上一堂课 |
[10:40] | – Lesson? – Kindness is a cruelty. | -课 -仁慈也是一种残忍 |
[10:45] | In trying to protect you, | 为了保护你 |
[10:47] | I have made you soft. | 我给了你一颗温柔的心 |
[10:49] | – Mumma. – It’s time you learned | -妈妈 -是时候让你知道 |
[10:50] | there’s more to our business than tableaux and taffeta. | 生意上除了造型和塔夫绸还有很多要学 |
[10:55] | I have deprived this house of its master for too long. | 我越俎代庖这家妓院也太久了 |
[11:06] | Sir, I must speak to you about a troubling occurrence. | 大人 我得向您禀告一件麻烦事 |
[11:09] | A young girl has been kidnapped. | 一位姑娘被绑架了 |
[11:10] | And Sir George Howard has been slaughtered, | 乔治·霍华德爵士被人杀害了 |
[11:12] | so everything else will have to wait. | 所以其他事情都得先等等 |
[11:43] | We were visited by Sir George Howard yesterday. | 乔治·霍华德爵士昨天来过这里 |
[11:46] | He dipped his biscuit, got as drunk as a lord, | 他蘸着饼干 喝得烂醉 |
[11:49] | and left late in a hackney carriage. | 很晚才租用马车离开 |
[11:51] | What happened after that we can only surmise. | 之后的事情我们只能推测了 |
[11:55] | His pickled carcass was dragged | 他的尸体今早 |
[11:56] | from St. James’ pond early this morning. | 从圣詹姆斯河被打捞上来 |
[12:00] | Anyone knows something different, | 还有人知道其他消息 |
[12:03] | now’s the time to say. | 现在说出来 |
[12:10] | Where is Mr. North? | 诺斯先生在哪 |
[12:16] | – I don’t know where he is. – Oh, Mr. North. | -我不知道 -诺斯先生 |
[12:18] | He’s already in chains and we will follow. | 他被抓了 我们也快了 |
[12:21] | If they’d been caught we would have heard about it. | 他们要是被抓了 肯定会有消息 |
[12:23] | Then where are they? | 那他们去哪了 |
[12:26] | Kitty? | 凯蒂 |
[12:32] | Mrs. Wells, I need to confide in you. | 威尔斯夫人 我得跟你坦白 |
[12:33] | And I must also speak with you. | 我也得跟你谈谈 |
[12:36] | Lucy! | 露西 |
[12:38] | Lucy! | 露西 |
[12:42] | You must not blame yourself, | 你不必再自责了 |
[12:43] | he was a gutless wretch. | 他就是个胆小鬼 |
[12:51] | What did you do with him? | 你怎么处理他的 |
[12:53] | They dragged him out the pond near his house this morning. | 他们今早把他从他家附近的河里打捞上来了 |
[12:55] | Oh, Ma, could you not have made him disappear? | 妈 你就不能让他失踪吗 |
[12:57] | And have the last time he was seen | 然后让他最后一次 |
[12:58] | be his arrival at my front door? | 是在我家门前被看到吗 |
[13:01] | No, this way’s better. | 不 这样做更好 |
[13:04] | It’s not better for me. | 这对我不好 |
[13:07] | Howard and I fought in front of half the town two nights ago. | 霍华德和我两晚前在很多人面前吵过架 |
[13:11] | And I was seen at his house last night. | 而且昨晚还有人看见我在他家里 |
[13:16] | – Why did you go there? – To take what is mine. | -你为什么要去他家 -去拿属于我的东西 |
[13:18] | You’re a fool. | 你真蠢 |
[13:19] | You have incriminated yourself. | 你让自己看起来很有嫌疑 |
[13:22] | Are you blaming me? | 你是在怪我吗 |
[13:23] | No. | 不是 |
[13:27] | What will you do, Charlotte? | 你要怎么办 夏洛特 |
[13:30] | – I’ll have to leave. – No! | -我只能逃走了 -不行 |
[13:32] | She risks hanging if she stays. | 她留下来的话有可能会被绞死的 |
[13:37] | You kill a man but it’s me who has to run? | 你杀了人却是我要逃 |
[13:41] | It wasn’t Ma that killed him. | 不是妈妈杀了他 |
[13:42] | Yes it was! | 就是 |
[13:44] | She didn’t wield the knife but she forced your legs open | 她没有拿起刀 但迫使你随意 |
[13:46] | for any letch with a fortune. | 为有钱的好色之徒张开双腿 |
[13:48] | She let them fill your belly with anger and disgust. | 她让他们在你腹中射满愤怒和憎恶 |
[13:50] | You did this! | 都怪你 |
[13:57] | Then I’ll turn myself in. | 那我去自首 |
[13:58] | – Ma, no! – I will leave. | -妈 不要 -我会走的 |
[14:01] | For you’ve left me no choice. | 因为你让我别无选择 |
[14:04] | Maybe it’s better this way. Just for a while. | 也许这样更好 只是暂时的 |
[14:07] | That way no one has to die. | 这样没有人要去死 |
[14:09] | You’ll land on your feet as you always have done. | 你会像以往那样逢凶化吉的 |
[14:12] | Thank you, Ma, | 谢谢你 妈 |
[14:14] | I mean for the gift of whoredom. | 谢谢你赋予了我卖淫的天赋 |
[14:17] | I can suck and fuck and flatter anywhere in the world. | 让我在任何地方都会舔会操 讨男人欢心 |
[14:21] | I couldn’t stop them. | 我拦不住他们 |
[14:23] | Charlotte Wells, you’re wanted for murder. | 夏洛特·威尔斯 你因谋杀被捕 |
[14:25] | – Take her. – You slander me. | -抓住她 -你诬陷我 |
[14:27] | – I’ve killed no one! – You cannot take her! | -我没有杀人 -你们不能抓走她 |
[14:28] | Tell us where we’ll find the Irishman! | 告诉我们哪里能找到那个爱尔兰人 |
[14:30] | So you can accuse him too? | 好让你们也告他吗 |
[14:31] | It wasn’t her! | 不是她干的 |
[14:34] | Get your hands off me, I’m no murderess! | 放开我 我不是凶手 |
[14:36] | Let me go! | 放开我 |
[14:37] | Ma; I’ve done nothing wrong! | 妈 我没有犯法 |
[14:39] | Ma! | 妈 |
[14:41] | Ma! | 妈 |
[14:42] | I’m innocent! | 我是无辜的 |
[14:45] | Ma! | 妈 |
[14:46] | Charlotte Wells has been arrested. | 夏洛特·威尔斯被捕了 |
[15:01] | Or the other way around. | 或者相反 |
[15:04] | A visitor, Mumma. | 有访客 妈妈 |
[15:13] | Join us, Charles. | 跟我们一起 查尔斯 |
[15:17] | Charles, did you know that Mrs. Scanwell | 查尔斯 你知道斯康威尔夫人 |
[15:19] | was once the filthiest of whores? | 曾经也是最下流的妓女吗 |
[15:21] | For enough coinage, she would allow groups of sailors | 只要钱给够了 她能同时让一群水手 |
[15:24] | to fill her every orifice all at once. | 插她的身上所有的小洞 |
[15:28] | It’s quite the speciality. | 也算是一种特长 |
[15:31] | Charlotte Wells is suspected of killing | 夏洛特·威尔斯被怀疑杀死了 |
[15:32] | the nobleman who kept her. | 包养她的那位贵族 |
[15:34] | She was dragged from her mother’s house by constables. | 她被治安官拖出了她妈的妓院 |
[15:42] | Ms. Pettifer, take Mrs. Scanwell to the door. | 佩蒂福女士 送斯康威尔夫人出去 |
[15:45] | You threatened my daughter. | 你威胁我的女儿 |
[15:48] | I need your assurance that Amelia is safe. | 你得确保阿米莉亚平安无事 |
[15:53] | London is a den of peril. | 伦敦就是危险之巢 |
[15:56] | No one is safe. | 没有人能平安无事 |
[16:03] | This way, Mrs. Scanwell. | 这边请 斯康威尔夫人 |
[16:09] | Margaret Wells has dropped her prize | 玛格丽特·威尔斯已经身处困境 |
[16:13] | in the gutter. | 失掉了筹码 |
[16:15] | Get off me! | 放开我 |
[16:19] | That’s the dirty puzzle who murdered her master. | 我想问你这个杀害主人的一个色情问题 |
[16:22] | Did you cut him a slit | 你是不是在他身上划了一个 |
[16:24] | deeper than your own? | 比你小屄还深的口子 |
[16:26] | Fuck off! | 滚 |
[16:39] | You still don’t seem yourself, Fanny. | 你还是有点不在状态 范妮 |
[16:42] | I hope you’re not under the weather. | 希望你没有生病 |
[16:54] | I’m not ill, I’m having a baby. | 我不是生病 我是怀孕了 |
[17:07] | Stop. | 停下吧 |
[17:11] | It’s as dead as a salted slug. | 它比腌蛞蝓还要软了 |
[17:14] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[17:25] | You cannot know the baby’s mine. | 这孩子不一定是我的 |
[17:28] | Brothel babies aren’t anyone’s. | 妓院出生的孩子没有父亲 |
[17:35] | Mr. North said he’d help me get my children back. | 诺斯先生说他会帮我要回我的孩子们 |
[17:39] | I’m sure he will when he returns. | 他回来后肯定会履行承诺的 |
[17:40] | You don’t know if he will return. | 你不知道他会不会回来 |
[17:42] | And even if he does, Benjamin could have them | 即使他回来了 本杰明可能已经把他们 |
[17:44] | on a ship by then. | 带上船了 |
[17:46] | I need more money. | 我需要更多钱 |
[17:49] | You have just seen my own daughter | 你刚看见了我女儿 |
[17:51] | be dragged away by constables. | 被治安官拖走了 |
[17:53] | I appreciate your pain. | 我理解你的痛楚 |
[17:56] | And I beg you to appreciate mine. | 我求你也理解一下我的 |
[18:10] | Mrs. Wells, I’m a friend of Charlotte’s. | 威尔斯夫人 我是夏洛特的朋友 |
[18:12] | She asked me to look in on you. | 她要我来拜访一下你 |
[18:15] | In light of your recent trouble. | 你最近不是遇到麻烦了么 |
[18:18] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[18:20] | I don’t know you. | 我不认识你 |
[18:22] | Then I’ll go and tell her that her concerns are misplaced. | 那我去告诉她 她的担心多余了 |
[18:24] | She’s just been taken from me by the constables. | 治安官刚把她从我这里带走 |
[18:29] | For your murder? | 她替你杀的人顶罪了吗 |
[18:32] | I don’t know what she’s told you | 我不知道她怎么跟你说的 |
[18:34] | but I assume you’re the reason | 但是我假设 |
[18:35] | she couldn’t settle with her gentleman. | 你就是她没被包养的原因 |
[18:38] | It was an ill day when she met you. | 她遇见你可真晦气 |
[18:39] | You put this right or I will. | 你去自首吧 不然我就去告发你 |
[18:48] | Do you think he’ll go to the constables? | 你觉得他会去找治安官吗 |
[18:50] | And risk being charged himself? | 冒着自己被指控的危险 |
[18:52] | He don’t love her that much. | 他没有那么爱她 |
[18:55] | Let me come with you to see her. | 让我跟你一起去见她吧 |
[19:00] | No. | 不行 |
[19:02] | It’s bad enough one of my girls | 我一个女儿见识到 |
[19:03] | seeing what festers in London’s rear end. | 伦敦的腐烂败坏已经够惨了 |
[19:05] | I’ll not have you there as well. | 我不能也让你看到 |
[19:10] | Hello, sir. | 您好 先生 |
[19:12] | I heard you have an ace of spades. | 我听说你有一张黑桃A |
[19:16] | Indeed we do, sir. | 没错 先生 |
[19:18] | She’ll be your lucky card. | 她将是您的幸运牌 |
[19:20] | Harriet! | 哈莉特 |
[19:21] | Three guineas for your pleasure, sir. | 一次三基尼 先生 |
[19:36] | It’s all I can spare. | 我只能给你这么多 |
[19:39] | I wasn’t asking for money. | 我不是问你要钱 |
[19:44] | You will come back, won’t you? | 你还会回来的 对吧 |
[19:49] | Some men come here to forget their wives. | 有些人来这是为了忘记自己的妻子 |
[19:55] | I come to remember how mine used to be. | 而我是来怀念她之前的样子 |
[19:59] | Long before raising and burying young ‘uns made her careworn. | 重温她因抚养并痛失爱子备受折磨之前的样子 |
[20:07] | It’s a pitiless world for mothers. | 这个世界对母亲们真是冷酷无情 |
[20:14] | Constable? | 治安官 |
[20:17] | I know where you can find a wanted man. | 我知道一个通缉犯的位置 |
[20:24] | I saw a girl taken from a brothel. | 我看到一个姑娘被从妓院里带走了 |
[20:26] | Her name is Emily Lacey. | 她的名字是埃米莉·莱西 |
[20:28] | And the kidnapper was Mrs. Quigley. | 绑架者是奎格利夫人 |
[20:31] | Your acquaintance. | 你的老相识 |
[20:36] | I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. | 谢谢你把这件事告诉了我 |
[20:40] | Have you been down to the cells | 你有没有去过牢房 |
[20:42] | to look at Charlotte Wells yet? | 看看夏洛特·威尔斯 |
[20:46] | No, sir. | 没有 先生 |
[20:46] | She’s rumored to be the most beautiful whore in London. | 传言她是全伦敦最美艳的妓女 |
[20:49] | And you are a connoisseur of whores. | 而你又这么会鉴赏妓女 |
[20:53] | Though more the caliber that give you cock warts. | 虽然这会让你的鸡巴上长瘤 |
[21:01] | Daniel Marney, you are wanted | 丹尼尔·马尼 |
[21:03] | for the murder of Sir George Howard. | 你因谋杀乔治·霍华德爵士而被通缉 |
[21:11] | I’m innocent! | 我是被冤枉的 |
[21:12] | – I’m innocent! – If you’re innocent, | -我是被冤枉的 -如果你是被冤枉的 |
[21:13] | why do you resist? | 那你为什么要抵抗呢 |
[21:17] | We’re taking you to the magistrate. | 我们带你去见法官 |
[21:18] | I’m innocent! | 我是被冤枉的 |
[21:19] | I’m innocent! | 我是无辜的 |
[21:36] | Justice Cunliffe. | 坎利夫法官 |
[21:38] | I’m here to plead on behalf of my daughter, | 我是来为我女儿辩护的 |
[21:40] | Ms. Charlotte Wells. | 夏洛特·威尔斯女士 |
[21:41] | Madam, you have some audacity to approach me. | 女士 你居然还敢来见我 |
[21:44] | I threatened you with flogging | 我们上次见面的时候 |
[21:45] | and transportation last time we met. | 我威胁要鞭打你 并将你流放 |
[21:47] | And I would risk it for five minutes of your time, sir. | 我愿再冒险恳请您给我五分钟时间 |
[21:52] | Your girl struck down a nobleman, | 你女儿捅死了一名贵族 |
[21:54] | it seems a clear enough case. | 这案子已经够清楚了 |
[21:55] | She is innocent. | 她是无辜的 |
[21:56] | Sir George’s estate manager | 乔治爵士的管家 |
[21:58] | saw her blood-soaked from the crime. | 看见她浑身是血 出现在案发现场 |
[22:00] | I’ve met the man. | 我见过那个人 |
[22:01] | His eyes are black with deceit. | 他满眼都是阴谋诡计 |
[22:03] | He is a respected servant, madam. | 他是一个受人尊敬的仆从 夫人 |
[22:05] | Liars are cut from all manner of cloth. | 华丽的服饰足以伪装一个骗子 |
[22:08] | My daughter is not a murderess. | 我女儿不是杀人犯 |
[22:09] | Then she’ll be vindicated at trial. | 那她会在庭审之时被无罪释放 |
[22:13] | When will that be? | 那是什么时候 |
[22:15] | The day after tomorrow. | 后天 |
[22:16] | If she is found guilty, | 如果她有罪的话 |
[22:18] | the next hanging day is in five days’ time. | 五天后 她就会被处以绞刑 |
[22:34] | Your she-bitch of a mother put the watch on my trail. | 你的贱老妈让巡逻队堵我 |
[22:37] | My ma’s no friend of the law. | 我妈不跟执法部门打交道 |
[22:40] | The constable knew I’d come from Greek Street. | 治安官知道我会从希腊街出来 |
[22:43] | Your ma’s whatever she needs to be. | 你妈完全有理由这么做 |
[22:51] | Why couldn’t you have just stayed in the room? | 你为什么当时就不能好好地待在房间里 |
[22:55] | We would have been free. | 那样我们就自由了 |
[23:02] | There’s a beggar looking for alms, Mother. | 有个乞丐在求施舍 妈妈 |
[23:05] | Let me give her something. | 我去给她一点东西吧 |
[23:06] | Don’t be long. | 别去太久 |
[23:07] | And make sure you lock the door behind you. | 进来之后一定要把门锁上 |
[23:16] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
[23:18] | Don’t worry, I don’t think she saw anything. | 别担心 我觉得她什么都看不见 |
[23:22] | We can’t meet anymore. | 我们不能再见面了 |
[23:24] | Because I made a joke about your ma? | 因为我取笑了你的妈妈 |
[23:26] | Because we’ve been seen. | 因为我们被人看见了 |
[23:29] | If my mother finds out… | 如果我母亲发现… |
[23:32] | it will finish her. | 她会崩溃的 |
[23:35] | Then we’ll be more careful. | 我们可以更为谨慎 |
[23:43] | It’s not your mother’s heart you’re trying to spare. | 你不是怕你妈无法原谅你 |
[23:47] | It’s your own. | 而是你自己 |
[23:56] | You said you’d help. | 你说过你会帮忙 |
[23:57] | – Yes. – It has to be now. | -是的 -那就现在 |
[24:10] | I couldn’t wake him. | 我叫不醒他 |
[24:12] | Is he a relative? | 他是你亲戚吗 |
[24:15] | He’s more important than that. | 他比亲戚更重要 |
[24:26] | Please help us. | 请帮帮我们 |
[24:27] | He needs a physician. | 他需要一位医生 |
[24:30] | I play the whore pipe for a penny a tune. | 我吹箫一次挣一便士 |
[24:33] | I have no money and even if I did, | 我一贫如洗 即使我请的起 |
[24:36] | a proper doctor wouldn’t come here. | 正经医生也不会来这里 |
[24:38] | I’ve nothing to give you. | 我帮不了你 |
[24:41] | Is there no one you can ask? | 你还有其他人可以求助吗 |
[24:46] | There is. | 有 |
[24:48] | But some money costs too much. | 但是代价太过高昂 |
[24:51] | If you get the money, | 如果你能弄到钱 |
[24:54] | I will make a physician come. | 我会设法请医生上门 |
[25:00] | Pray for him in case he is taken. | 为他祈祷吧 万一他走了呢 |
[25:08] | Do you fear death more | 你会因自己是罪人 |
[25:10] | because you are sinners? | 而更畏惧死亡吗 |
[25:16] | Love’s not a sin. | 爱不是罪过 |
[25:24] | Lydia. | 莉迪亚 |
[25:28] | I want the Wells daughter released. | 我要你释放威尔斯的女儿 |
[25:30] | Impossible. | 绝不可能 |
[25:31] | She and her rogue lover butchered a baronet. | 她和她的恶棍情夫屠杀了一位准男爵 |
[25:34] | Well then, set him dancing on the gibbet. | 那就把他绞死吧 |
[25:37] | And what if she were the architect? | 如果夏洛特是始作俑者呢 |
[25:39] | I must investigate thoroughly and serve justice. | 我必将追根究底 伸张正义 |
[25:43] | You cannot serve the law and the Spartans. | 你无法侍奉法律 也无法侍奉斯巴达人 |
[25:47] | Indulge me. | 听我的吧 |
[25:49] | Or they might go without their supper. | 否则他们将无晚餐可享用 |
[25:53] | I know you have already procured their catch. | 我知道你已经为他们找好人选 |
[25:57] | If the Spartans don’t dispatch her, who will? | 如果斯巴达人不享用她 还能有谁呢 |
[26:02] | You? | 你吗 |
[26:06] | Have her and be damned; she’s in the usual place. | 拿去吧 你这个该死的 她还是在老地方 |
[26:08] | Lydia. | 莉迪亚 |
[26:11] | I trust we part as friends. | 我相信我们不会不欢而散 |
[26:14] | Do not test our friendship to destruction. | 不要因考验而毁了我们的友谊 |
[26:27] | She looks like a witch. | 她看起来像个女巫 |
[26:35] | What business have you? | 有何贵干 |
[26:38] | Charlie Quigley. | 查理·奎格利 |
[26:43] | Curly-haired cherub. | 那个卷毛小胖娃 |
[26:50] | I used to magic sweeties from your ears. | 我过去总是从你耳朵里变出糖果来 |
[26:54] | Do you remember? | 你还记得吗 |
[26:57] | – What do you want? – Your mumma… | -你想怎么样 -你妈妈… |
[26:59] | has taken something that isn’t hers. | 带走了不属于她的东西 |
[27:02] | She’s no thief. | 她不是小偷 |
[27:03] | No, she’s the worst kind. | 不 她是最可恶的那种 |
[27:05] | She’s a people thief. | 她偷人 |
[27:07] | Sees someone she has need of, | 寻找人选 |
[27:09] | snaffles them away, | 偷走她们 |
[27:11] | never to return. | 永不归还 |
[27:14] | Where’s she taken Emily? | 她把埃米莉藏哪了 |
[27:16] | Mumma doesn’t know | 我妈不知道 |
[27:18] | or care where Emily Lacey is. | 也不在乎埃米莉·莱西在哪 |
[27:20] | When did your mother ever let a dog lie? | 你妈什么时候让狗开始撒过谎 |
[27:23] | She feeds on vengeance | 她如尸体上的蛆虫 |
[27:26] | like maggots on a corpse. | 肆意满足复仇之心 |
[27:46] | Mr. Haxby, | 哈克斯比先生 |
[27:48] | I’m here to speak for Charlotte. | 我到此为夏洛特求情 |
[27:58] | You call yourself a man of faith? | 你称自己为有信仰之人 |
[28:02] | You are knowingly sending an innocent girl to her death. | 却蓄意让无辜女子枉死 |
[28:07] | Come. | 过来吧 |
[28:09] | Examine her handiwork | 看看她的杰作 |
[28:10] | and tell me she deserves anything less. | 告诉我她并非罪有应得 |
[28:24] | Do you think your co-conspirator loves you? | 你觉得你的同谋爱你吗 |
[28:30] | I don’t think very much about love at all. | 我从不相信爱情 |
[28:33] | Men like him buzz around the wealthy | 他这种男人整天围着钱转 |
[28:35] | like flies about carrion. | 就如食腐之蝇 |
[28:38] | No doubt it was his idea to rob Sir George’s house. | 抢劫乔治爵士的宅邸无疑是他的主意 |
[28:48] | Do you know the penalty if you are convicted? | 你知道自己定罪后的惩罚吗 |
[28:55] | Hanging. | 绞刑 |
[28:56] | Killing your master is petty treason. | 杀死自己的主人为轻叛逆罪 |
[28:59] | For that we draw and quarter the men | 为此男人将会四马分尸 |
[29:02] | and burn women at the stake. | 女人将被施以火刑 |
[29:06] | Even in death women must suffer more. | 即使在临死之时女人也更受折磨 |
[29:10] | The method is supposed to protect your modesty. | 本意为了让你们死得体面 |
[29:14] | Though, of course, your shift will succumb to the heat | 不过在火焰把你吞噬之前 |
[29:17] | long before the flames provide a fig leaf. | 你的衣服早已烧光 |
[29:27] | I could save you from it. | 我可以让你免于受刑 |
[29:31] | Not for free, I’m sure. | 肯定有代价吧 |
[29:33] | I do not seek congress with you, Ms. Wells. | 我无意和你上床 威尔斯女士 |
[29:37] | I seek a just outcome that will satisfy everyone. | 我只是想找个令所有人都满意的结果 |
[29:42] | And what would that be? | 那是什么呢 |
[29:44] | The Irishman is noose fodder. | 让爱尔兰人接受绞刑 |
[29:47] | Men like him don’t live until old age. | 像他那样的男人是活不长的 |
[29:50] | Because men like you don’t let them. | 那是因为你们这样的人不允许 |
[29:55] | Attest that you didn’t know he intended murder | 你为自己作证之前不知道 |
[29:59] | until the deed was done. | 他要杀人 |
[30:04] | I did not kill Sir George | 我没有杀乔治爵士 |
[30:06] | and nor did Daniel Marney. | 丹尼尔·马尼也没有 |
[30:23] | Florence Scanwell’s waiting in the parlor. | 弗洛伦斯·斯康威尔在会客室等着 |
[30:34] | Have you come to disarouse my customers? | 你是来让我客人败兴的吗 |
[30:38] | I have not come to exchange scorn with you. | 我不是来跟你互怼的 |
[30:42] | Mrs. Wells… | 威尔斯夫人… |
[30:45] | we are at the mercy of the same demon. | 我们被同一个恶魔掌控着 |
[30:48] | Lydia Quigley. | 莉迪亚·奎格利 |
[30:50] | Her interest in your family is unnatural. | 她对你家打着坏主意 |
[30:53] | We must join forces against her. | 我们必须团结起来对抗她 |
[31:00] | You’ve preached hatred on my doorstep for weeks. | 你之前在我门口布道怨恨了好几个星期 |
[31:05] | My little boy goes to sleep | 我儿子睡觉的时候 |
[31:08] | with the sound of your evil in his ears | 听着你那恶魔般的声音 |
[31:10] | like a cankerous lullaby. | 就像不堪入耳的摇篮曲 |
[31:13] | If you will not help for my sake, | 如果你不愿帮我 |
[31:17] | would you do it for sweet Amelia? | 那你当做是为了善良的阿米莉亚好吗 |
[31:19] | Quigley intends some foulness against her. | 奎格利打算对她下黑手 |
[31:22] | Help me, Mrs. Wells. | 帮帮我吧 威尔斯夫人 |
[31:24] | I see virtue in you and… | 我知道你是好人 |
[31:27] | if I have claimed otherwise in the past, | 如果我以前有说过你是坏人 |
[31:31] | it was a lie. | 那都是谎言 |
[31:34] | On any other day I would. | 我也想对付她 |
[31:38] | But I’ve got graver concerns than Lydia Quigley. | 但我现在有比莉迪亚·奎格利更需要担心的事 |
[31:44] | I am praying for Charlotte. | 我为夏洛特祈祷 |
[31:58] | Had we met yesterday I might have congratulated you | 我们昨天见面的话 我可能会恭喜你 |
[32:01] | on bedding the magnificent Charlotte Wells for free. | 免费睡了美丽的夏洛特·威尔斯 |
[32:06] | I assume you have bedded her. | 你应该是睡了她吧 |
[32:08] | Alas, today, we realize | 可惜今天我们才意识到 |
[32:10] | what a high price you’ll pay for her. | 你要为此付出多大的代价 |
[32:13] | I have committed no crime. | 我没有杀人 |
[32:15] | Tell me, did she actually use you as her instrument of murder | 跟我说说 她有没有让你做帮凶 |
[32:19] | or seek you out once the crime was done? | 或是杀完人后立马找你出去 |
[32:24] | Either way, she’s used you like the witless mick you are. | 不论怎样 她把当你傻瓜那样来利用你 |
[32:31] | She is innocent and so am I. | 她和我都是无辜的 |
[32:35] | No jury’ll hang either of us. | 陪审团不会判我们绞刑的 |
[32:38] | You’re half right. | 你说对了一半 |
[32:40] | Women like Charlotte Wells | 像夏洛特·威尔斯这样的女人 |
[32:41] | don’t go to the gallows at Tyburn. | 是不用上泰伯恩刑场的绞刑架 |
[32:44] | But a baronet is dead | 但现在一个准男爵死了 |
[32:46] | so someone will have to. | 必须有人得上 |
[32:55] | What did the magistrate say to you? | 法官跟你说了什么 |
[32:58] | Nothing I didn’t already know. | 全都是我已经知道的东西 |
[33:12] | Mrs. Wells, I need to speak to you in private. | 威尔斯夫人 我想单独跟你谈谈 |
[33:15] | Harriet, if I hear one more word about your children, | 哈里特 如果我再听到有关于你孩子的话 |
[33:19] | I swear I’ll put you out that door. | 我发誓我一定把你赶出去 |
[33:25] | Last night this house was filled with cries of pleasure. | 昨晚 这屋子里充满了欢乐的叫喊 |
[33:29] | Apart from one soul who cried in fear and agony. | 但有个人是处于恐惧和痛苦之中的 |
[33:35] | I believe the magistrates would be interested | 我觉得法官们会想知道 |
[33:37] | to know what I heard. | 我昨晚听到些什么吧 |
[33:40] | I will scream what I know from the rooftops if you force me. | 如果你逼我 我就从屋顶上大喊出来 |
[34:00] | She took you in. | 她收留了你 |
[34:12] | It’s all I have. | 这是我仅有的了 |
[34:15] | Take it. | 拿走吧 |
[34:50] | They left an hour ago. | 他们一小时前离开了 |
[34:52] | To where? | 去哪了 |
[34:53] | They took a coach to Wapping dock. | 他们坐马车去了沃平码头 |
[35:43] | Five shillings. | 五先令 |
[35:46] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[35:48] | Betsey. | 贝琪 |
[35:48] | Bobby, did you talk to the magistrate; | 鲍比 你有没有跟法官谈过 |
[35:50] | is he gonna look for Emily? | 他会去找埃米莉吗 |
[35:51] | It was like telling the fox | 就跟告诉老狐狸 |
[35:53] | that the henhouse had been raided. | 鸡窝被偷袭了 没什么两样 |
[36:17] | The hounds are coming, vixen. | 猎犬在路上了 小泼妇 |
[36:44] | I’ve heard she peels a man’s skin off like a rind. | 我听说她剥男人的皮就像剥水果一样 |
[36:47] | Don’t worry, she won’t flay you for free. | 别担心 她剥皮要收钱的 |
[36:52] | Emily Lacey is in worse danger than you thought. | 埃米莉·莱西的处境比你想象的还要危险 |
[36:55] | I fear the justice is involved. | 恐怕法官都参与其中 |
[36:57] | Go on. | 继续说 |
[37:51] | Breathe slowly or you will suffocate. | 慢慢呼吸 不然你会窒息而死的 |
[37:56] | Good girl. | 乖孩子 |
[37:58] | Nice and deep. | 深呼吸 |
[38:04] | That which we cannot change | 我们无法改变的东西 |
[38:07] | must be surrendered to. | 就缴械投降吧 |
[38:14] | – Justice Cunliffe. – What do you want? | -坎利夫法官 -你来这干什么 |
[38:17] | Mumma sent me. | 母亲派我来的 |
[38:20] | To guard the girl. | 看着她 |
[38:24] | Good. | 好 |
[38:26] | You guard her. | 你来看着她 |
[38:50] | You stay away from me. | 你离我远点 |
[38:51] | No, Emily, what I said to the judge was a lie. | 不 埃米莉 我骗了法官 |
[38:54] | Your mother is the worst cunt I’ve ever known | 你妈是我见过最贱的臭婊子 |
[38:57] | and you, | 而你 |
[38:58] | you’re her rancid womb fruit! | 你是她的孽种 |
[39:01] | You devious bastard. | 你这个狡猾的狗杂种 |
[39:04] | You had her all along. | 她一直在你这 |
[39:05] | No, ow, please! | 不 求你了 |
[39:09] | Please, I’m trying to rescue her! | 拜托 我是来救她的 |
[39:12] | Stop, Nancy, stop! | 住手 南茜 住手 |
[39:38] | I hear you’re presiding over a cause célèbre. | 我听说你在负责一件备受关注的案子 |
[39:43] | Ms. Wells has transgressed nature’s most sacred law | 威尔斯女士违反了世上最神圣的法律 |
[39:46] | and killed above herself. | 她这是自寻死路 |
[39:50] | Punish her hard. | 狠狠惩罚她 |
[39:51] | The court will deal with her. | 法庭会依法判决的 |
[39:56] | And what about our little backroom court? | 我们的小黑屋呢 |
[39:59] | Does a girl wait in the dark? | 有姑娘在黑暗中等着了吗 |
[40:03] | We must postpone. | 我们得推迟 |
[40:06] | The house and the girl are compromised. | 房子和姑娘被人发现了 |
[40:08] | I will need to replace both. | 我都得换掉 |
[40:13] | Then do so. | 那就去做啊 |
[40:18] | They are not the only things that must change. | 这不是唯一要改变的 |
[40:26] | I want a seat at the table, | 我也要加入你们 |
[40:29] | as you promised me. | 你承诺过的 |
[40:31] | Not to take part in the sport, | 不用做爱 |
[40:33] | I have no appetite for that. | 我没兴致 |
[40:37] | But I must know the devil I dine with. | 但我要知道我在与谁为伍 |
[40:47] | I can take your request to the others | 我可以把你的要求告诉其他人 |
[40:49] | but I suspect it will be denied. | 但我怀疑会被拒绝 |
[40:54] | Then you will take my farewell and best wishes. | 那你就自求多福吧 |
[41:05] | Tread carefully, John. | 好自为之 约翰 |
[41:13] | Your mother sold me to a pack of dogs | 你妈把我卖给了一群野狗 |
[41:15] | who planned to rip my throat out. | 他们要撕烂我的喉咙 |
[41:16] | I didn’t know anything about it. | 我毫不知情 |
[41:18] | You need to take your face out your mumma’s teats | 别再在你妈怀里喝奶了 |
[41:20] | and see what she’s up to. | 弄清她的打算 |
[41:23] | You want me to spy on her? | 你要我监视她 |
[41:24] | You can’t be on everyone’s side, Charlie. | 你不能谁都帮 查理 |
[41:35] | – Where are you going now? – To find Pa and Jacob. | -你要去哪 -去找老爹和雅各布 |
[41:39] | I’m going to tell the magistrates what I did. | 我去向法官坦白 |
[41:43] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[41:49] | I won’t see Charlotte put to death for something I did. | 我不能让夏洛特因为我的罪行被处死 |
[41:52] | I’d rather be dead myself. | 我宁愿自己去死 |
[41:57] | I’ve told you, it won’t happen. | 我说了 她不会死 |
[42:00] | By what miracle are you going to stop it? | 那得出现什么奇迹 你才能办到啊 |
[42:02] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[42:06] | Give yourself up. | 你去自首吧 |
[42:10] | I’ll come with you, shall I? | 我和你一起去 好吗 |
[42:13] | Tell them how Sir George was clinging to life | 告诉他们乔治爵士拼命求生 |
[42:15] | until I peeled his fingers from it. | 我却压断了他最后的稻草 |
[42:17] | We can hang together, holding hands. | 我们可以手牵手一起被绞死 |
[42:20] | It’s not a jesting matter, Ma. | 这事不好笑 妈 |
[42:22] | Oh, I’m not jesting. | 我没在开玩笑 |
[42:24] | Every girl that was in this house last night | 昨晚在这屋里的所有姑娘 |
[42:26] | will rot in a dungeon for their silence | 会因为没有上报而坐穿牢底 |
[42:29] | and Jacob will read in a newspaper | 雅各布会在报纸上看到 |
[42:31] | how we pissed ourselves as our necks snapped | 我们被绞死时尿在自己身上 脖子断了的画面 |
[42:34] | and spend the rest of his life trying to rid himself of the image. | 这画面在他脑中可能会一辈子都挥之不去 |
[42:40] | I’m sorry, Ma. | 抱歉 妈 |
[42:43] | Leave me alone. | 让我静静 |
[42:48] | Ma? | 妈 |
[42:51] | Get out. | 出去 |
[42:55] | Get out! | 出去 |
[43:21] | There is nothing I wouldn’t do for you, Finn. | 我愿意为你做任何事 芬恩 |
[43:36] | Charles, where have you been? | 查尔斯 你去哪了 |
[43:40] | Looking for Emily Lacey. | 去找埃米莉·莱西了 |
[43:45] | But you were right, she is gone. | 但你是对的 她走了 |
[43:48] | Fate lays a snare for the wicked. | 恶有恶报 |
[43:52] | She will be punished, | 她会受到惩罚的 |
[43:53] | just not at our hands. | 但轮不到我们来惩罚了 |
[43:57] | Oh, you are not yet recovered, my princeling. | 你还没康复 我的小王子 |
[44:01] | Perhaps I’ll rest. | 我去休息一下 |
[44:08] | You’re as gaunt as a Newgate beggar. | 你跟纽盖特监狱的乞丐一样憔悴 |
[44:10] | Are you unwell? | 不舒服吗 |
[44:12] | I have a gold nugget for you. | 我有个重要情报 |
[44:15] | Do share. | 快说 |
[44:17] | It’s worth more than a couple of coins. | 这消息价值可不低 |
[44:31] | I do hope you’re not overselling it. | 希望你没夸大其词 |
[44:36] | Well? | 说吧 |
[44:41] | The rich man they dragged from St. James’? | 他们从圣詹姆斯街抬走的贵族 |
[44:45] | He was already dead as flint | 他昨晚离开威尔斯的妓院前 |
[44:46] | when he left the Wells’ brothel last night. | 就已经死了 |
[44:52] | Silly boy. | 傻小子 |
[44:55] | I would have paid thrice that. | 这个消息我愿意付这三倍价钱 |
[45:04] | I can’t, I can’t! | 不行 不行 |