| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
|---|---|---|
| [00:01] | Harriet Lennox, I want you gone! | 哈莉特·伦诺克斯 你给我滚 |
| [00:03] | If you doubt your man’s affections, | 如果你怀疑你男人的心意 |
| [00:04] | it’s not because of me. | 那也不是因为我 |
| [00:05] | You’ve gone your own way, | 你走自己的路 |
| [00:07] | Margaret, always. | 玛格丽特 一直都是 |
| [00:08] | Now I’ll go mine. | 现在我也走自己的 |
| [00:09] | Lydia Quigley, this is a warrant for your arrest. | 莉迪亚·奎格利 这是你的搜捕令 |
| [00:14] | Pursue Mrs. Quigley at your peril. | 再纠缠奎格利夫人 后果自负 |
| [00:18] | You must have benefactors somewhere. | 你肯定有什么资助人吧 |
| [00:19] | Lady Fitz. | 菲茨夫人 |
| [00:21] | Isabella Fitzwilliam, heiress of Blayne. | 伊莎贝拉·菲茨威廉 布雷恩家族的女继承人 |
| [00:24] | The finest jewel of all. | 最宝贵的珠宝 |
| [00:25] | You’re speaking against Mrs. Quigley? | 你和奎格利夫人不是一边的吧 |
| [00:27] | I can help you. | 我可以帮你 |
| [00:28] | One day she’ll let down her guard. | 总有一天她会放下戒备 |
| [00:30] | When I’m done, Mrs. Quigley will be dust and ash. | 事成之后 奎格利夫人就要化成灰烬了 |
| [00:32] | I’ll speak but no one can know it came from me. | 我会说 但不能让别人知道是我说的 |
| [00:35] | – We’ve got her. – Fuck me. | -她死定了 -操我 |
| [01:48] | No, don’t, Mrs. Wells, please. | 不 不要 威尔斯夫人 求你了 |
| [01:50] | Don’t hurt her, leave her alone. | 别伤害她 别碰她了 |
| [01:55] | – Ma? – I’m fixing her up for the wake. | -妈 -我要在守灵开始前把她整理好 |
| [01:58] | Take Fanny upstairs. | 把范妮带到楼上去 |
| [02:10] | Stitch that child with silk and a gold needle. | 就算用丝线和金针把那孩子缝起来 |
| [02:14] | She’ll still be dead. | 她也不会死而复生 |
| [02:16] | Struck down by Quigley. | 是奎格利干的 |
| [02:19] | We can’t be certain. | 我们不能确定 |
| [02:20] | We were coursing her like a hare. | 我们对她穷追不舍 |
| [02:24] | She threw us that rotten swine’s heart | 她给我们送来腐烂的猪心 |
| [02:25] | in a bid to stop the hunt. | 试图警告我们停手 |
| [02:28] | I wish I’d heeded it. | 要是我早注意到就好了 |
| [02:35] | What will we tell the magistrate? | 我们该对法官说什么 |
| [02:37] | We’ve no proof to link her to Kitty, | 没有证据证明她和凯蒂有关 |
| [02:40] | and the molly boy has scurried in fear. | 那个小探子已经吓跑了 |
| [02:43] | We’ve still got Emily Lacey. | 我们手上还有埃米莉·莱西 |
| [02:45] | Her balls are bigger than the molly’s. | 她的胆子比那个探子大多了 |
| [02:54] | If Kitty was here, she’d tell you not to cry for her. | 如果凯蒂还在 她会说不要为她哭泣 |
| [02:57] | No! | 不 |
| [02:59] | She’d say, “Look at what they’ve done to me. | 她会说”看看他们对我做了什么 |
| [03:01] | Why in God’s name are you sat on your arse?” | 你怎么还坐在那儿” |
| [03:05] | Fanny! | 范妮 |
| [03:10] | Fanny’s gone off in a state. | 范妮失魂落魄地跑了 |
| [03:12] | She’s lost a friend. | 她失去了一个朋友 |
| [03:14] | They’re scarcer than hens’ teeth. | 朋友太难得了 |
| [03:20] | She’ll be back before Mercy needs to suckle. | 她会在默西该吃奶的时候回来的 |
| [03:24] | – Come on. – Where are you going? | -走吧 -你们要去哪儿 |
| [03:28] | To clean our hands. | 去洗手 |
| [03:46] | – Has my fine been met? – It has not. | -我的罚款交了吗 -还没有 |
| [03:49] | Violet Cross. | 维奥莱特·克罗斯 |
| [03:50] | My girl could be at your office | 我的姑娘随时都可能 |
| [03:52] | trying to make payment now! | 到你的办公室付钱 |
| [03:53] | – Jailer. – Madam, harass the Justice again | -看守 -夫人 再骚扰法官 |
| [03:56] | and I’ll stuff your mouth with rags. | 我就用破布把你的嘴堵上 |
| [04:01] | It’ll not be rags. | 不会用破布的 |
| [04:02] | Miss Scanwell thinks there is something virtuous | 斯康威尔小姐认为你的心里 |
| [04:05] | at the heart of you. | 有一丝善良 |
| [04:07] | Is her faith misplaced? | 她信错人了吗 |
| [04:10] | I never stole that purse. | 我没偷钱包 |
| [04:14] | My time here is wasted. | 我来真是浪费时间 |
| [04:20] | I care very much for Amelia. | 我很关心阿米莉亚 |
| [04:22] | I’d like to one day be as good as she thinks I am. | 希望有一天能达到她对我的预期 |
| [04:43] | Come on. | 过来 |
| [05:16] | I’m interrupting? | 我打扰你们了吗 |
| [05:18] | Nonsense. | 胡说 |
| [05:20] | You must join us. | 过来一起吃吧 |
| [05:21] | I’ve already eaten, thank you. | 我吃过了 谢谢 |
| [05:24] | She came for silver, not spice bread. | 她是来要钱的 不是香料面包 |
| [05:36] | I propose… | 我提议… |
| [05:39] | a little game. | 做个小游戏 |
| [05:41] | You tell me where my sister’s money is destined, | 你告诉我她为什么要给你钱 |
| [05:44] | and we shall discover | 我们就会弄清楚 |
| [05:46] | if Isabella has been telling fibs. | 伊莎贝拉是不是一直在说谎 |
| [05:49] | Humor him please, Miss Wells, | 跟他玩吧 威尔斯小姐 |
| [05:51] | or he’ll be impossible. | 不然他会很难缠的 |
| [05:54] | Very well. | 好吧 |
| [05:58] | The money is to pay a debt. | 这钱是用来还债的 |
| [05:59] | Oh, very good, very good. | 很好 很好 |
| [06:03] | What kind? | 什么债 |
| [06:06] | He makes the game seem dangerous. | 他让这游戏变得危险了 |
| [06:10] | I would rather be rolling dice. | 我宁愿玩掷骰子 |
| [06:13] | Surely not Hazard, Lady Isabella. | 不能再赌博了 伊莎贝拉夫人 |
| [06:17] | Not when you already have this debt to pay. | 你都已经有债要还了 |
| [06:19] | Is that your answer, Hazard? | 这是你的回答吗 赌博 |
| [06:21] | It is. | 是的 |
| [06:26] | What a pair of colluding pixies you are! | 你们两个相互串通的小妖精 |
| [06:30] | He finds it hard to believe | 他很难相信 |
| [06:32] | that I lose so often. | 我总是输 |
| [06:34] | He has not seen me play. | 他还没领教过我的本事 |
| [06:36] | No matter, ladies. | 没关系 两位女士 |
| [06:38] | My sister’s luckless at dice, | 我妹妹掷骰子的运气差 |
| [06:40] | lucky in love. | 但爱情运势好 |
| [06:44] | I do hope you can forgive this imposition. | 冒昧前来 希望您能原谅 |
| [06:47] | Of course. | 当然 |
| [06:53] | Never in my life did I think I’d be glad | 我这辈子都没想过自己会乐意 |
| [06:54] | to see that muckspout. | 看到她那张脏嘴 |
| [07:02] | You never said I’d be hand in glove with her. | 你没说过我要和她合作 |
| [07:04] | You share a foe. | 你们面对共同的敌人 |
| [07:05] | She threw me to that foe when it suited her. | 她为了自己的利益把我交给了那个敌人 |
| [07:07] | I’m here for Kitty. | 我是为凯蒂来的 |
| [07:10] | What’s carrot curls got to do with anything? | 红卷毛和这事有什么关系 |
| [07:14] | She’s dead, Emily. | 她死了 埃米莉 |
| [07:17] | Quigley had her snatched from the doorstep. | 奎格利派人在门口抓走了她 |
| [07:19] | She’s lying in my kitchen with her throat torn. | 她的喉咙被割断了 正躺在我家厨房呢 |
| [07:23] | – The hounds… – Emily. | -猎犬… -埃米莉 |
| [07:25] | You didn’t protect her from the hounds. | 你让她被猎犬抓走了 |
| [07:26] | She was slain before we knew she’d been taken. | 她死后我们才知道她被抓了 |
| [07:30] | We have a chance to see Quigley swing. | 我们有机会看到奎格利被绞死 |
| [07:38] | – Emily Lacey! – Emily! | -埃米莉·莱西 -埃米莉 |
| [07:44] | I was coming to see you. | 我本来想去看你 |
| [07:51] | Mr. Armitage! | 阿米蒂奇先生 |
| [07:55] | You accuse Mrs. Quigley | 你们指控奎格利夫人 |
| [07:57] | of commanding murder from her jail cell? | 在监狱中唆使他人谋杀 |
| [08:02] | I was warned not to persecute her. | 有人警告我不要找她的麻烦 |
| [08:05] | The pig’s heart was a threat. | 猪心就是对我的威胁 |
| [08:06] | What p‐proof have you | 你有什么证据证明 |
| [08:08] | that this masked man acted on her behalf? | 这个戴面具的人是受她指使 |
| [08:11] | Quigley’s history is lined | 奎格利一生 |
| [08:13] | with abductions and killings. | 绑架和杀人罪行累累 |
| [08:16] | She caters for beasts with buckled shoes | 她招待的都是些嗜血的 |
| [08:19] | and bloody tastes. | 衣冠禽兽 |
| [08:21] | What proof? | 有什么证据 |
| [08:23] | We know a girl | 我们认识一个 |
| [08:24] | who escaped her, | 从她那逃出来的姑娘 |
| [08:26] | but she’s too scared to speak out. | 但她太害怕了 不敢出来指证 |
| [08:31] | Then you have nothing against Mrs. Quigley. | 所以你们并没有指控奎格利夫人的证据 |
| [08:34] | Have you not heard our testimony? | 你没听到我们的证词吗 |
| [08:36] | I have heard the hearsay of her enemies. | 我只听到了她敌人的谣言 |
| [08:57] | I’ve never been to a hanging, | 我从没去看过绞刑 |
| [09:00] | but when you catch the killer, I will go to his. | 但你抓住凶手时 我要去看 |
| [09:04] | I wouldn’t hold your breath, Fanny. | 别抱太大希望 范妮 |
| [09:07] | There’s not enough lawmen to protect the rich, | 警察连有钱人都保护不过来 |
| [09:09] | let alone avenge dead street girls. | 更别提替一个死了的站街女报仇了 |
| [09:13] | Will you not even try? | 你试都不试一下吗 |
| [09:15] | For Kitty? | 为了凯蒂 |
| [09:19] | Women will always be at the mercy of men’s power. | 女人永远都受男人权力的支配 |
| [09:23] | Best just to look after yourself. | 你能做的只有照顾好自己 |
| [09:28] | It’s not your power we’re at the mercy of. | 支配我们的不是你们的权力 |
| [09:32] | It’s your weakness. | 是你们的软弱 |
| [09:44] | – Charlotte? – This lady has come | -夏洛特 -这位女士是来 |
| [09:46] | to pay Mrs. Quigley’s fine. | 为奎格利夫人付罚金的 |
| [09:48] | – What are you doing? – What I must. | -你在做什么 -应该做的事 |
| [09:50] | Don’t you dare fend for her. | 你竟敢帮她 |
| [09:52] | Kitty Carter was butchered in the night. | 凯蒂·卡特晚上被人杀了 |
| [09:57] | Kitty’s dead? | 凯蒂死了 |
| [09:59] | As a stone. | 死透了 |
| [10:00] | A victim of your fine benefactress. | 你那好心的资助者干的好事 |
| [10:02] | That accusation is unproven. | 这项指控还未被证实 |
| [10:05] | The only charge that remains against Mrs. Quigley | 奎格利夫人唯一的罪行依旧只有 |
| [10:07] | is running a brothel. | 经营妓院 |
| [10:08] | Now, will you – will you… | 你还付不付 |
| [10:09] | pay her penalty or not? | 她的罚金了 |
| [10:11] | On my life, if you do this, | 我拿生命起誓 如果你这么做 |
| [10:15] | you cease to be mine. | 我们就断绝关系 |
| [10:18] | You gotta trust me, Ma. | 你要相信我 妈 |
| [10:19] | Miss Wells? | 威尔斯小姐 |
| [10:22] | I will. | 我付 |
| [10:24] | Please understand. | 请谅解 |
| [10:26] | Shame on you, Charlotte Wells. | 你不要脸 夏洛特·威尔斯 |
| [10:28] | You – you will not disrespect this court. | 不许藐视法庭 |
| [10:31] | Shame on you too. | 你也不要脸 |
| [10:58] | You foul bitch! | 你这个肮脏的贱人 |
| [11:00] | Kitty’s death will not silence us. | 凯蒂的死封不了我们的口 |
| [11:02] | What is this gibberish? | 你在胡说些什么 |
| [11:03] | Don’t deny my girl was slain on your orders. | 不要抵赖了 是你指使别人杀害了我的姑娘 |
| [11:07] | You were always her creature. | 你一直都是她的走狗 |
| [11:09] | Even as a baby, only she could mollify you. | 就连在襁褓中 也只有她能让你平静下来 |
| [11:12] | Go home, Ma! | 回家去 妈 |
| [11:15] | You’re still sucking honey from her fingers! | 你现在都还在她的指尖舔蜜吃 |
| [11:30] | I’ve no idea what they’re alluding to. | 我不知道她们在暗指什么 |
| [11:32] | I never harmed a single girl in my life. | 我这辈子都没有伤害过一个姑娘 |
| [11:35] | Please tell me you believe that. | 请一定要相信我 |
| [11:51] | I’m…sorry to have kept you. | 很抱歉让你们久等了 |
| [11:53] | You are busy holding back a tide of vice, sir. | 你力挽狂澜 对抗罪恶 先生 |
| [11:56] | No mean feat. | 这不是一件轻松的事 |
| [12:01] | Oh, let me clear a space, Mother. | 让我腾点地方出来 妈妈 |
| [12:03] | I, uh, I am… | 我 我… |
| [12:07] | yet without housekeeper. | 家里没有管家 |
| [12:13] | You have considered Violet’s case? | 你考虑过维奥莱特的案子了吗 |
| [12:15] | I spoke to her this morning. | 我今早和她谈过了 |
| [12:18] | In truth, I can find little to recommend her. | 说实话 我没看出她有什么可取之处 |
| [12:20] | Then you’ve not looked hard enough. | 那你就是没有好好找 |
| [12:22] | Amelia! | 阿米莉亚 |
| [12:23] | This girl has flimflammed you | 这个姑娘假扮好人 |
| [12:24] | with feigned v‐virtue. | 欺骗了你们 |
| [12:27] | This has long been my suspicion. | 我一直以来都有这个疑虑 |
| [12:29] | Then you will not help her. | 所以你不会帮她 |
| [12:30] | God has just granted me | 上帝刚刚赐予了我 |
| [12:33] | the most wonderful notion. | 最绝妙的提议 |
| [12:36] | Could your need of a housekeeper | 你需要一名管家 |
| [12:39] | not be met by… | 不如请… |
| [12:40] | Violet! | 维奥莱特 |
| [12:42] | I was about to suggest you, Amelia. | 我刚要推荐你 阿米莉亚 |
| [12:43] | Is Violet’s need not greater? | 维奥莱特不是更合适的人选吗 |
| [12:46] | Her servitude could be to you. | 她可以做你的奴仆 |
| [12:50] | It’s an interesting proposition. | 这个提议很有趣 |
| [12:54] | What a gift your patronage would be. | 做你的仆人实属荣幸 |
| [12:57] | Violet’s path to enlightenment. | 维奥莱特通往教化的路 |
| [13:07] | We have no home, | 我们没有家 |
| [13:08] | nor money nor food. | 也没有钱和食物 |
| [13:11] | What a spell this girl has cast on you. | 这姑娘对你施了什么法术 |
| [13:17] | Up! | 起来 |
| [13:19] | Slattern! | 邋遢鬼 |
| [13:20] | We need to leave, | 我们要走了 |
| [13:21] | and your mumma mustn’t know we were here. | 一定不能让你妈妈知道我们来过 |
| [13:37] | Emily, we’ve claimed Golden Square as our own. | 艾米莉 金色广场现在已经是我们的了 |
| [13:41] | We will defend it like a fortress. | 我们可以像守护堡垒一样守护它 |
| [13:46] | Kitty Carter is dead, | 凯蒂·卡特死了 |
| [13:50] | at your mumma’s hands! | 死在你妈妈的手上 |
| [13:52] | – Says who? – Margaret Wells! | -谁说的 -玛格丽特·威尔斯 |
| [13:55] | She told everyone you were dead once too. | 她之前还说过你死了 |
| [13:59] | I came that close I can still feel the chills. | 我是差点就死了 现在想起还不寒而栗 |
| [14:06] | I want to live, Charlie. | 我想活着 查理 |
| [14:12] | Long enough to see my muff turn silver. | 活到看见自己长出白发 |
| [14:33] | Leave me be. | 别来烦我 |
| [14:34] | I’ll pay for another night. | 我再付一晚的钱 |
| [14:36] | Mr. North. | 诺斯先生 |
| [14:38] | It’s me, Fanny. | 是我 范妮 |
| [14:41] | Fanny, I know you mean well. | 范妮 我知道你是一番好意 |
| [14:43] | I just want to be left alone. | 但我只想一个人待着 |
| [14:44] | Something terrible has happened. | 出大事了 |
| [14:49] | I should’ve been there. | 要是我在就好了 |
| [14:52] | Mr. Armitage says young girls are… | 阿米蒂奇先生说经常 |
| [14:54] | murdered all the time. | 有年轻的姑娘被杀害 |
| [14:57] | Not in my house. | 在我的房子里不会 |
| [15:20] | You may borrow my books if you please. | 如果你愿意 可以借我的书看 |
| [15:23] | Do you think I’d be a thieving whore | 你觉得我识字的话 |
| [15:24] | if I could read? | 还会偷东西当妓女吗 |
| [15:28] | Will this be your, uh, first experience | 这是你第一次 |
| [15:30] | of working as a maid? | 做女佣吗 |
| [15:31] | Depends if you count polishing knobs. | 看撸管算不算了 |
| [15:34] | I have saved you from the prison, | 我把你从监狱里救出来 |
| [15:35] | and yet you show no gratitude at all. | 而你没有表现出一丝的感激 |
| [15:37] | If I’m not free to leave, then I’m still in prison. | 如果没有自由 那我还是在监狱 |
| [15:39] | Say the word and I will return you | 再说一句我就把你 |
| [15:41] | to your jail cell to await transportation. | 送回监狱 等着被流放吧 |
| [15:47] | There’s poxy rats on those prison ships. | 狱船上有带病的老鼠 |
| [15:50] | I can’t be doing with rats. | 我受不了那东西 |
| [16:00] | There’s port on your mumma’s rug! | 你妈妈的地毯上有酒渍 |
| [16:03] | It’s my rug. | 是我的地毯 |
| [16:05] | Look. | 看着 |
| [16:08] | You saddle-goose! | 你个蠢货 |
| [16:10] | Don’t think I won’t leave without you. | 别以为没有你我就不会走 |
| [16:31] | I heard of your troubles, Mumma. | 我听说了你的遭遇 妈妈 |
| [16:33] | Charlie! | 查理 |
| [16:35] | I didn’t expect you to come. | 我没想到你会来 |
| [16:38] | Of course I came. | 我当然会来 |
| [16:40] | I’ve journeyed to hell and back. | 我到地狱走了一遭 |
| [16:44] | But I’d do it again to have you home. | 但为了你回来 我愿意再赴汤蹈火 |
| [16:46] | We’re going to take care of everything while you recover. | 在你恢复期间我们会打点好一切 |
| [16:55] | Sorry, Mrs. Quigley. | 抱歉 奎格利夫人 |
| [17:05] | We were just tidying up. | 我们只是整理一下 |
| [17:09] | You have had a party, | 在我身陷囹圄的时候 |
| [17:12] | while I festered in a cesspit. | 你们居然开派对 |
| [17:15] | Just to keep the girls jolly. | 为了让姑娘们开心 |
| [17:20] | You have laughed at my misfortune | 你们嘲笑我的不幸 |
| [17:22] | and prayed I would not return. | 祈祷我再也回不来 |
| [17:25] | We did no such thing, Mumma. | 我们没有 妈妈 |
| [17:31] | You have done this. | 是你干的 |
| [17:34] | No, no, Mrs. Quigley, no. | 不不 奎格利夫人 没有 |
| [17:38] | He was the apple of my eye | 他是我最珍爱的人 |
| [17:41] | until you consumed him, you maggot! | 直到你腐蚀了他 你这个蛆虫 |
| [17:43] | Mumma! | 妈妈 |
| [17:44] | Don’t you dare address me so! | 你还敢这么叫我 |
| [17:46] | You’ve squandered that right! | 你没那个权利 |
| [17:51] | Here is the child who came to my side. | 这才是真心帮助我的孩子 |
| [17:54] | Here is my rightful heir. | 她才是我的合法继承人 |
| [17:57] | You have had a house and a son off of me. | 你抢走了我的房子和儿子 |
| [17:59] | You try to take even more | 你再敢碰别的试试 |
| [18:01] | and I’ll cut your fucking throat! | 我割断你的喉咙 |
| [18:40] | *Oh my soul* | *我的灵魂* |
| [18:44] | *Oh my soul* | *我的灵魂* |
| [18:48] | *What is it worth?* | *价值几何* |
| [18:52] | *Oh my soul* | *我的灵魂* |
| [18:57] | *I unfurl* | *如叶舒展* |
| [19:01] | *I unfurl* | *如叶舒展* |
| [19:05] | *Blow, though, the wind* | *随风飘荡* |
| [19:09] | *I unfurl* | *如叶舒展* |
| [19:14] | *I am gone* | *我走了* |
| [19:18] | *I am gone* | *我走了* |
| [19:21] | That could’ve been me. | 那本可能是我的命运 |
| [19:22] | *Ne’er to return* | *永远不回来* |
| [19:25] | Only without the crowds and candles. | 只是没有人群和蜡烛 |
| [19:27] | *I am gone* | *我走了* |
| [19:32] | No person should ever be disowned by their mother. | 任何人都不该被母亲抛弃 |
| [19:36] | It’s unnatural. | 这是反人性的 |
| [19:42] | Is that what you think most unnatural? | 你觉得这是最反人性的吗 |
| [19:45] | Not raped girls or slit throats, | 不是女孩被强奸 喉咙被割开 |
| [19:47] | just your stubby little fingers | 而是妈妈打掉了 |
| [19:49] | slapped away from Mumma’s purse. | 你伸向她钱包的小手 |
| [19:50] | – Emily! – Her fortune was earned stealing souls. | -埃米莉 -她的财富都是窃取灵魂得来的 |
| [19:54] | – Where are you going? – To pay my respects. | -你去哪 -去致哀 |
| [19:57] | I’ll come. | 我也去 |
| [19:59] | They might lynch you. | 他们可能会私刑处死你 |
| [20:01] | I might help ’em. | 我没准也能帮上忙 |
| [20:31] | Ale and rage. | 愤怒加上酒精 |
| [20:34] | It’s a potent mix. | 这是最烈性的混合 |
| [20:52] | It’s the cost of you leaving us vulnerable | 这就是你负气出走 |
| [20:53] | while you took your distemper for a walk. | 留我们不堪一击的代价 |
| [20:56] | There’s no blame at your doorstep though, | 不过 没人在你家门口责备你 |
| [20:58] | is there, Margaret? | 是吧 玛格丽特 |
| [20:59] | Only bodies. | 只有尸体 |
| [21:02] | You’re choking on guilt. | 你要自责得喘不过气了 |
| [21:06] | Mary Cooper, George Howard, | 玛丽·库柏 乔治·霍华德 |
| [21:08] | Kitty Carter. | 凯蒂·卡特 |
| [21:10] | There’s that many corpses clinging to your skirts | 有这么多尸体紧贴在你的裙摆之下 |
| [21:13] | you’re starting to reek. | 你就要开始发臭了 |
| [21:23] | We’re here to raise our glasses to Kitty Carter! | 我们来这里是为了敬凯蒂·卡特 |
| [21:27] | One of the best girls I’ve had in my house! | 我房子里最好的姑娘之一 |
| [21:30] | – Kitty was innocent! – No, she wasn’t. | -凯蒂是无辜的 -不 她不是 |
| [21:33] | She was guilty… | 她有罪 |
| [21:36] | of being poor. | 贫穷之罪 |
| [21:37] | The worst crime you can commit. | 这是最严重的罪行 |
| [21:40] | And that’s why she’ll turn to dust in her grave | 所以她会在墓里化为尘土 |
| [21:43] | while Lydia Quigley grows old and saggy. | 而莉迪亚·奎格利能安然地老去 |
| [21:46] | If Quigley is the killer, | 如果奎格利是凶手 |
| [21:47] | why did the law let her loose? | 为什么法官放她走 |
| [21:50] | The law is rigged! | 法律被操纵了 |
| [21:51] | No evidence strong enough to condemn a white wig, | 没有足够的证据 |
| [21:53] | and none too weak to hang a whore! | 来指控那个戴白色假发的妓女 |
| [21:57] | Violet Cross is in jail awaiting transportation. | 维奥莱特·克罗斯在监狱等着被流放 |
| [22:00] | Great Britain’s good riddance. | 真是谢谢大不列颠了 |
| [22:02] | My uncle went that way. | 我叔叔也被流放了 |
| [22:03] | He shouldn’t have died of a fever on the cross | 他的命运不该是在路上发烧致死 |
| [22:05] | and ended up fish food. | 最终葬身鱼腹 |
| [22:06] | Violet Cross is as light-fingered as they come! | 维奥莱特·克罗斯都是惯偷了 |
| [22:09] | You sell your cunny for coin! | 你不也为了钱出卖小屄 |
| [22:12] | We’ve all got to do something! | 我们都得做点什么 |
| [22:14] | It’s because we’re poor! | 因为我们贫穷 |
| [22:15] | How many more of us are gonna clinch the pillory | 我们之中还有多少人会戴上镣铐 |
| [22:18] | or dance with the hangman? | 或与刽子手共舞 |
| [22:20] | Yes, that’s true. | 对 说得对 |
| [22:21] | We are a sewer full of rats | 我们是充满老鼠的阴沟 |
| [22:25] | being ruled by a handful of foxes! | 被一群老奸巨猾的狐狸统治 |
| [22:28] | It’s time we showed our teeth! | 是时候反抗了 |
| [22:31] | Come on! | 来吧 |
| [22:34] | Everyone out the back, come on! | 大家都去 出发 |
| [22:44] | Not our own streets, fool! | 别在我们街上扔 傻子 |
| [22:47] | To the Magistrate’s! | 去找法官 |
| [22:58] | Breaking windows won’t see you remembered | 砸窗户不会让你被人记住 |
| [23:00] | or keep your daughter fed. | 或让你的女儿有饭吃 |
| [23:04] | But I will. | 但我会 |
| [23:51] | It’s his, Lucy. | 这是他的 露西 |
| [23:52] | The bastard that killed her. | 那个杀了她的混蛋 |
| [24:05] | Justice for Kitty Carter! | 为凯蒂·卡特讨回公道 |
| [24:14] | Justice for Kitty! | 为凯蒂讨回公道 |
| [24:32] | Here lives the law! | 所谓的法律在此 |
| [24:34] | Show him what you think of how he fucking governs us! | 让他看看我们眼中他的治理 |
| [24:36] | One rule for the rich,and one for us! | 双标狗 |
| [24:39] | Hey, come and face us! | 出来面对我们 |
| [24:44] | You lily-livered fucker! | 你这个孬种 |
| [24:55] | Show us your face, you quivering cunt! | 给我们出来 你这个胆小鬼 |
| [25:14] | Come out! | 出来 |
| [25:23] | You soft-bellied cowards! | 你们这些懦夫 |
| [25:25] | You will disperse or face the full weight of the law! | 都散开 不然你们将面对法律的制裁 |
| [25:29] | Someone has to pay for Kitty Carter’s murder. | 总有人得为凯蒂·卡特的死付出代价 |
| [25:31] | Are you gonna arrest Lydia Quigley? | 你会不会逮捕莉迪亚·奎格利 |
| [25:33] | N‐not without evidence! | 没有证据就不行 |
| [25:34] | We gave you evidence and you scorned it! | 我们给了你证据 但你嗤之以鼻 |
| [25:37] | Then we’ll string her up ourselves! | 那我们就自己搞死她 |
| [25:42] | You leave her, you leave her! | 放开她 放开她 |
| [25:44] | You will disperse–Constable! | 散开 治安官 |
| [25:48] | Violet! | 维奥莱特 |
| [25:49] | Great Justice nothing! | 公正狗屁都不是 |
| [25:51] | Arrest this woman! | 逮捕那个女的 |
| [25:57] | Get her to a cell! | 把她抓进牢房 |
| [25:58] | Go to your homes! | 回家去吧你们 |
| [26:00] | Take them away! | 把她们弄走 |
| [26:04] | Nancy! | 南茜 |
| [27:09] | Hunt’s closed the gallery. | 亨特禁止了旁听 |
| [27:11] | We’ve scared him witless. | 我们把他吓破了胆 |
| [27:13] | That’s a good thing. | 这是好事 |
| [27:15] | No, a frightened man is a very dangerous thing, Lucy. | 不 恐惧的男人很危险 露西 |
| [27:28] | I need to speak to Charlotte. | 我要和夏洛特谈谈 |
| [27:31] | She isn’t here. | 她不在这 |
| [27:33] | This isn’t a gated tower. | 这不是封闭的高塔 |
| [27:34] | She comes and goes as she pleases. | 她来去自由 |
| [27:37] | Give her a message from her pa. | 把她父亲的口信捎给她 |
| [27:41] | Does something amuse you? | 有什么好笑的吗 |
| [27:44] | Only a raven claiming a swan as its issue. | 你也好意思说自己是她爸 |
| [27:47] | I do not claim her. | 我没有认她为女儿 |
| [27:49] | She calls me Pa willingly. | 她自愿叫我爸爸 |
| [27:51] | I hear the names your boy calls you | 我听说你儿子对你的称呼 |
| [27:52] | would make a mariner blush. | 都能让水手脸红 |
| [27:57] | Tell Charlotte | 告诉夏洛特 |
| [27:59] | Nancy Birch has been arrested. | 南茜·伯奇被逮捕了 |
| [28:01] | She’ll want to know. | 她会想知道的 |
| [28:19] | You’re saved! | 你得救了 |
| [28:21] | Lucky me. | 我真幸运 |
| [28:22] | Saved from having to filch or fuck for my supper. | 不用为了晚饭去偷或者去卖 |
| [28:25] | Aren’t you pleased? | 你不开心吗 |
| [28:27] | He said I can teach you to read. | 他说我可以教你识字 |
| [28:28] | I’m a lawman’s lackey | 我是法官的侍从 |
| [28:29] | and a traitor to my own kind. | 同伴的叛徒 |
| [28:31] | You’ve avoided enslavement in America. | 你不用去美国为奴了 |
| [28:34] | What is this if not enslavement? | 这不是为奴是什么 |
| [28:37] | No freedom, no pay. | 没有自由 没有工钱 |
| [28:40] | I had to make a great sacrifice to get you this position. | 我牺牲了很多才帮你弄到这工作 |
| [28:43] | I chose your wellbeing above my mother’s. | 我将你的安危置于我母亲之上 |
| [28:53] | I’m not accustomed to people being kind to me. | 我不习惯别人对我好 |
| [28:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
| [29:07] | See, you’re teaching me new words already. | 看 你已经教我新的单词了 |
| [29:22] | Good God. | 老天爷 |
| [29:24] | The priestess has slipped her shackles. | 女教皇摆脱了枷锁 |
| [29:27] | Come. | 来 |
| [29:32] | Are you demented? | 你疯了吗 |
| [29:34] | I could ask you the same. | 我也想这么问你 |
| [29:36] | I exalted you to silence Margaret Wells. | 我叫你去让玛格丽特·威尔斯闭嘴 |
| [29:39] | The girl you dispatched was a common whore | 你弄死的女孩是个普通的妓女 |
| [29:41] | with no bearing on our business whatsoever. | 她和我们的事根本没有关系 |
| [29:43] | We took what opportunity afforded us | 我们只是见机行事 |
| [29:45] | low-hanging fruit. | 处理她毫不费力 |
| [29:46] | You’ve put a noose around our necks | 你在我们脖子上栓了绳 |
| [29:48] | and handed the rope to Margaret Wells. | 然后把绳子交给了玛格丽特·威尔斯 |
| [29:50] | Bawds are easily dispatched. | 鸨母很容易就能被弄死 |
| [29:52] | So you would add to your heap of murders? | 所以你也想把她加入你的杀人清单 |
| [29:57] | This new judge is adamant I do nothing, | 新法官不许我有任何动作 |
| [30:01] | do you understand? | 明白吗 |
| [30:02] | No more games. | 别再这么做了 |
| [30:03] | How dare you give me orders? | 你凭什么命令我 |
| [30:06] | Be advised by your devoted priestess, | 听从你忠诚的女教皇 |
| [30:12] | and give the banshee Margaret Wells | 送玛格丽特·威尔斯去见报丧女妖 |
| [30:14] | no further cause to wail. | 就没有后患了 |
| [30:32] | You’d better pray the Archon doesn’t learn of your failure. | 你最好祈祷执政官不会知道你失败的事 |
| [30:35] | Failure? | 失败 |
| [30:37] | It was you who failed to frighten the Wells woman. | 你没有恐吓到威尔斯那个女人 |
| [30:40] | What a pathetic figure you must have cut. | 你宰的那个人也真是可悲 |
| [30:44] | It’s in hand. | 没关系 |
| [30:45] | A daughter she treasures like a pearl. | 她视女儿为掌上明珠 |
| [30:47] | She’ll do nothing to endanger her. | 不会让她惹上麻烦的 |
| [30:50] | Threats are clearly ineffective. | 恐吓显然起不到作用 |
| [30:52] | I don’t intend to threaten the girl. | 我没想恐吓那个女孩 |
| [31:02] | Take Jacob home, Lucy. | 带雅各布回家 露西 |
| [31:04] | Now! | 现在就去 |
| [31:08] | Go and get Charlotte. | 去找夏洛特 |
| [31:16] | Nancy! | 南茜 |
| [31:17] | Move. | 走 |
| [31:18] | Nance! | 南茜 |
| [31:19] | This is a good woman! | 这是个好女人 |
| [31:21] | She has been tried and sentenced according to her offense. | 她因行为不当而被判决 |
| [31:24] | These are the actions of a tyrant! | 你们这是暴君的行为 |
| [31:26] | Obstruct the law at your peril! | 妨碍司法 后果自负 |
| [31:28] | Ma, don’t! | 妈 不要 |
| [31:29] | This w-w-woman | 这个女人 |
| [31:33] | is guilty of sedition. | 犯有煽动罪 |
| [31:35] | She has plotted against the rightful rule of law. | 她违反法律 密谋叛乱 |
| [31:38] | I am charged with upholding that law, | 我有责任维护法律 |
| [31:42] | a task I neither savor nor shrink from. | 这是我既不享受也不畏缩的天职 |
| [31:46] | Tyrant! | 暴君 |
| [31:50] | Nancy! | 南茜 |
| [31:53] | Nance! | 南茜 |
| [31:55] | Don’t do it! | 别动手 |
| [31:56] | Shame on you! | 真无耻 |
| [31:58] | Nance! | 南茜 |
| [33:22] | Violet! | 维奥莱特 |
| [33:30] | I r-r-require tea. | 我要喝茶 |
| [33:35] | Thirsty work, was it? | 真是个让人口渴的活 |
| [33:49] | I used to think people who lived in houses | 我过去以为住在这种房子里的人 |
| [33:51] | like this were carefree. | 生活无忧无虑 |
| [33:54] | You no longer think so? | 你现在不这么认为了吗 |
| [33:58] | Lady Isabella has a 500-pound secret. | 伊莎贝拉夫人有个值500镑的秘密 |
| [34:02] | She mustn’t sleep a wink. | 她一定彻夜难眠 |
| [34:06] | She intrigues you. | 她激起了你的好奇心 |
| [34:08] | No. | 不 |
| [34:11] | It is you that intrigues me. | 激起我好奇心的是你 |
| [34:14] | I could learn a great deal from you | 你若允许 |
| [34:16] | if you’d let me. | 我能跟你学到好多东西 |
| [34:28] | What are you doing here, Mrs. Quigley? | 你来这里做什么 奎格利夫人 |
| [34:31] | I wanted to thank you. | 我想来感谢你 |
| [34:33] | Not seeing you again will be all the thanks that I need. | 真要谢我就再也别来见我 |
| [34:37] | If it were only that simple. | 要是有这么简单就好了 |
| [34:42] | The information I guard for you | 我为你保守的秘密 |
| [34:46] | grows larger by the day. | 在日益变大 |
| [34:50] | If I am to contain it, | 要我继续守口如瓶 |
| [34:52] | I will need further resources. | 我得需要更多资源 |
| [34:56] | I could’ve had your tongue cut out | 我付给你的钱 |
| [34:58] | for less than I have paid you. | 足以让我雇人割掉你的舌头 |
| [35:00] | It is not money I require, | 我要的不是钱 |
| [35:01] | but introductions. | 而是引荐 |
| [35:04] | New friends of high standing. | 身处高位的新朋友 |
| [35:07] | Emptying the coffers is one thing, | 倾囊相赠是一回事 |
| [35:10] | but if I start parading you amongst our circle, | 但我要是开始在圈子里夸奖你 |
| [35:13] | I would be ostracized and ridiculed. | 我会被排斥和嘲笑的 |
| [35:15] | You need not reveal my trade. | 你不必透露我的行当 |
| [35:18] | I’m sorry, Lydia, | 抱歉 莉迪亚 |
| [35:21] | but the beau monde will simply not accept you. | 但上流社会根本不会接受你 |
| [35:28] | Persuade them. | 说服他们 |
| [35:58] | Jacob? | 雅各布 |
| [36:25] | Lucy, fetch a basin of salt water. | 露西 拿盆盐水来 |
| [36:27] | Oh, God. | 我的天 |
| [36:43] | The wounds must be washed, Nance. | 伤口必须清洗 南茜 |
| [36:45] | I’ve been touched by others too much today. | 我今天被人碰得够多了 |
| [36:58] | Why won’t she let us help her? | 她为什么不要我们帮她 |
| [37:01] | Nancy’s not like the rest of us, | 南茜和我们不一样 |
| [37:04] | every inch ogled by half the cuffins in London. | 每一寸都暴露在伦敦半数变态的视野中 |
| [37:08] | She’s a secret. | 她很神秘 |
| [37:32] | Were you born tired, my man? | 你是天生疲倦吗 老兄 |
| [37:34] | I’ve been knocking for an age. | 我门都要敲烂了 |
| [37:35] | I don’t work here, my man. | 我不在这里工作 老兄 |
| [37:42] | Lucy, the door. | 露西 开门 |
| [37:48] | Lucy Wells. | 露西·威尔斯 |
| [37:55] | I’m sorry about your friend. | 我对你朋友的事感到遗憾 |
| [37:58] | Did you ever meet her? | 你见过她吗 |
| [38:00] | Several times. | 见过几次 |
| [38:02] | She was very memorable, Kitty, | 她很令人难忘 凯蒂 |
| [38:05] | with her jet hair… | 她有一头乌黑秀发… |
| [38:08] | and olive skin. | 还有橄榄色肌肤 |
| [38:12] | She was. | 没错 |
| [38:16] | She was auburn | 她是红头发 |
| [38:18] | and alabaster. | 而且肌肤雪白 |
| [38:23] | Well, that’s embarrassing. | 这可真尴尬 |
| [38:26] | I’m afraid redheads stir nothing in me. | 恐怕红头发对我没有吸引力 |
| [38:33] | Do I? | 那我呢 |
| [38:34] | Only a crushing vortex. | 能激起强大漩涡 |
| [38:41] | Can I see you again? | 我能再来见你吗 |
| [38:44] | This is a brothel. | 这里是妓院 |
| [38:47] | You can have whatever you want | 只要付够了钱 |
| [38:49] | for enough coinage. | 就能随心所欲 |
| [39:20] | I don’t know why everyone’s calling for Margaret Wells | 我不懂为什么每个人都觉得玛格丽特·威尔斯 |
| [39:22] | to be sainted. | 德高望重 |
| [39:24] | Turning her back on people is what she’s good at. | 她最擅长的就是背叛 |
| [39:29] | You don’t think well of her? | 你看不起她吗 |
| [39:33] | I’d see her locked in limbo, | 我想看她陷入地狱 |
| [39:36] | handless, with an itch in her arse. | 被割掉双手 还屁股长疮 |
| [39:39] | Amen. | 阿门 |
| [39:43] | What’s she done to vex you? | 她做什么惹恼了你 |
| [39:45] | She accused me of coveting Mr. North. | 她指责我觊觎诺斯先生 |
| [39:52] | It’s a brave cat licks at that cream. | 舔这块奶油的小猫可真勇敢 |
| [39:55] | I’m left hopeless. | 我陷入绝望 |
| [39:57] | Harlot’s always got hope of a coin. | 妓女总能为钱燃起希望 |
| [39:59] | I have no skill for servicing drunkards | 我不懂如何趴在酒馆墙上 |
| [40:01] | against tavern walls, even they agree. | 给酒鬼服务 即使他们同意 |
| [40:05] | Trick is to go hard and fast. | 技巧就是要狠要快 |
| [40:07] | Conclude them before they…puke | 在他们呕吐前完事 |
| [40:09] | or you get moved on. | 否则就接受现实吧 |
| [40:11] | Give me a room and some upright culls. | 给我一间房和几个正经的嫖客 |
| [40:15] | I’ll earn you a king’s ransom. | 我能为你大挣一笔 |
| [40:18] | You think a great deal of yourself. | 你真看得起自己 |
| [40:19] | You’ll think a great deal of me too. | 你也会看得起我的 |
| [40:22] | That I promise. | 我保证 |
| [40:27] | Where is she? | 她在哪里 |
| [40:35] | Oh, Nancy. | 南茜 |
| [40:40] | You’ve got some front to come here! | 你还有胆量回来 |
| [40:41] | I’m here for Nancy. | 我来看南茜 |
| [40:43] | She needs tending to. | 她需要照料 |
| [40:44] | Not this. | 而不是这个 |
| [40:46] | You must hate me to do what you did in court. | 我像你在法庭上那样做 你一定会恨我 |
| [40:49] | I don’t hate you, Ma. | 我不恨你 妈 |
| [40:51] | I pity you. | 我可怜你 |
| [40:52] | Don’t you dare pity me! | 不准可怜我 |
| [40:56] | Do you hear? | 你听到了吗 |
| [40:58] | You are unable to love, | 你没有爱的能力 |
| [41:00] | unable to be a mother. | 没有当妈的能力 |
| [41:02] | I am a mother! | 我是个母亲 |
| [41:03] | You are a pimp. | 你是个老鸨 |
| [41:04] | That is the exact opposite. | 那是母亲的反义词 |
| [41:07] | Look at the silks that you are standing in. | 看看你这一身的华丽丝绸 |
| [41:10] | “Gentlemen, | “先生们 |
| [41:12] | here is my daughter Lucy, | 这是我的女儿露西 |
| [41:14] | a weeping virgin. | 一个哭啼啼的处女 |
| [41:15] | You have a job parting her frigid little legs, | 你们的任务就是分开她颤抖的小腿 |
| [41:17] | but when you do…” | 但当你们开始…” |
| [41:18] | You shut your filthy mouth! | 闭上你那张臭嘴 |
| [41:20] | “Or perhaps my older girl, Charlotte, | “或是我的大女儿 夏洛特 |
| [41:23] | the beautiful fool. | 美丽的小傻瓜 |
| [41:25] | You’ll have no trouble opening her legs, | 你们可以很容易打开她的双腿 |
| [41:27] | but keeping her mouth shut.” | 但记得捂住她的嘴” |
| [41:29] | Your trouble is you’ve not known enough hunger, | 你的问题就出在从没体验过足够的饥饿 |
| [41:32] | nor enough of my hand. | 和足够的惩罚 |
| [41:33] | Oh, go fetch a rope, Ma. | 去拿根绳子吧 妈 |
| [41:35] | You’ve ruined me with kindness. | 你用你所谓的善意毁了我 |
| [41:38] | You are a fool. | 你是个傻瓜 |
| [41:40] | You’ve freed the devil. | 你把恶魔放了 |
| [41:43] | Everything we are | 我们现在这样 |
| [41:43] | we owe to Lydia Quigley. | 都是因为莉迪亚·奎格利 |
| [41:45] | Six months in jail would not have avenged that. | 只坐六个月牢可不够 |
| [41:47] | Please don’t put yourself in peril, Charlotte! | 请不要把你自己置于险地 夏洛特 |
| [41:51] | I cannot watch Ma stitch your throat! | 我不能看着妈妈缝上你的喉咙 |
| [41:56] | Are you not stopping her? | 你不拦着她吗 |
| [41:59] | Haven’t you heard? | 你没听到吗 |
| [42:00] | I’m not her mother. | 我不是她的母亲 |
| [42:04] | Put a drop of that gin in the water | 清洗南茜的伤口的时候 |
| [42:05] | when you wash Nancy’s wounds. | 滴一滴杜松子酒在水里 |
| [42:09] | Not one word! | 别再说了 |
| [42:11] | I’m still your mother. | 我依然是你的母亲 |
| [42:33] | You’re a long way from Cheapside. | 你从齐普赛大老远跑过来啊 |
| [42:37] | I’m here on the orders of Justice Hunt. | 我是奉亨特法官之命来的 |
| [42:40] | Me and my men are to see that this…establishment | 我和我的手下要确保这个机构 |
| [42:44] | does not continue trading as a bawdy house. | 不再是一座妓院 |
| [42:48] | He is stationing us at your door. | 他让我们在你门口驻扎 |
| [43:06] | We’ve got guests. | 有客人来啦 |
| [43:14] | This is our brothel’s first girl, Henrietta. | 这是我们妓院的第一个姑娘 哈里埃特 |
| [43:18] | – It’s Harriet. – That’s it. | -是哈里特 -没错 |
| [43:20] | And here we have the cook and bottle washer. | 这俩是厨子和洗瓶子的 |
| [43:23] | These are my children. | 这是我的孩子 |
| [43:24] | Who will mind them while you’re creaking beds? | 当你在床上翻滚的时候谁来照看他们 |
| [43:27] | – You will. – I will not! | -你来啊 -绝不 |
| [43:29] | It’s why she’s so cheap. | 所以她这么便宜 |
| [43:31] | I don’t believe we’ve discussed the terms. | 我们还没谈过价钱 |
| [43:32] | We’ll not be discussing them. | 不用谈 |
| [43:33] | You’ll get what you’re given. | 给你多少就是多少 |
| [43:35] | Emily Lacey, you’re as drunk as a lord. | 埃米莉·莱西 你醉得跟大人一样 |
| [43:37] | I know, | 我知道 |
| [43:38] | but this will still be a good idea when I’m not. | 就算我不醉 这也是个好主意 |
| [43:41] | The culls will love her. | 嫖客会爱死她的 |
| [43:43] | They won’t have come across a stuck-up black before. | 他们绝对没遇到过这么自以为是的黑人 |
| [43:45] | I can see why they might find refinement a novelty. | 我能看出来为什么他们会视精致为新奇了 |
| [43:51] | See? | 看到没 |
| [43:56] | Shall I take Mercy, | 我来照顾默西 |
| [43:58] | let you sleep? | 你去睡会儿吧 |
| [43:59] | Decided to change her name to Kitty. | 我要给她改名叫凯蒂 |
| [44:03] | She’s young enough that she’ll not miss the old one. | 她还这么小 不会怀念以前那名字的 |
| [44:07] | I think Kitty would’ve liked that. | 我觉得凯蒂会很高兴的 |
| [44:12] | This is to send to her daughter. | 这是送给她女儿的 |
| [44:20] | It’s a fortune here. | 这是一大笔钱啊 |
| [44:22] | Where did you get it? | 你从哪弄来的 |
| [44:24] | Went collecting. | 筹来的 |
| [44:25] | People dug deep. | 大家给的都不少 |
| [44:28] | If only every kind deed rubbed out a cruel one. | 要是善行能抹去恶行就好了 |
| [44:56] | So this is how you fare without Dame Death’s coin? | 你不收”死亡女爵”的钱后就沦落成这样了吗 |
| [45:00] | Mock if you will, | 随你怎么嘲笑 |
| [45:01] | there is honor in righteous poverty. | 正直的贫穷也有光荣之处 |
| [45:03] | And how does that taste between two bits of bread? | 那两口面包嚼起来味道如何 |
| [45:07] | Better than a roast pheasant from the devil’s table. | 比恶魔餐桌上的烤山鸡要美味 |
| [45:11] | What about a bit of stew from mine? | 要不要进来喝两口热汤 |
| [45:14] | Thank you, but– | 谢谢你 但 |
| [45:14] | I’m sure it could be purified through prayer. | 我相信祈祷会将它净化的 |
| [45:27] | Miss Wells. | 威尔斯小姐 |
| [45:40] | There you go, Mrs. Scanwell. | 好了 斯康威尔夫人 |
| [45:43] | Let’s get you by the fire. | 靠火炉坐吧 |
| [45:46] | Know this, Mrs. Wells. | 你要知道 威尔斯夫人 |
| [45:50] | I would rather return to the cold | 我宁愿回到寒冷中 |
| [45:51] | than have any obstacles placed between myself and God. | 也不愿在我和上帝之间安放那么多阻碍 |
| [45:55] | I assume God | 我觉得上帝 |
| [45:58] | won’t mind you having tea. | 不会在意你来杯茶的 |
| [46:03] | Tea? | 喝茶吗 |
| [46:05] | No one looks like they need tea more than you, | 你看上去非常需要一杯茶 |
| [46:07] | Amelia. | 阿米莉亚 |
| [46:09] | Thank you, Mrs. Wells. | 谢谢你 威尔斯夫人 |
| [46:12] | A toast, to Kitty, | 敬凯蒂 |
| [46:15] | who we’ll remember for her life rather than her death. | 比起死亡 我们将铭记她的过去 |
| [46:19] | She was a friend. | 她是朋友 |
| [46:20] | And a mother. | 也是母亲 |
| [46:23] | I’m afraid I will find it hard to think of her | 我恐怕再难将她 |
| [46:26] | without imagining that ungodly gash. | 和那道邪恶的伤痕分开了 |
| [46:36] | What amuses you? | 什么让你们这么开心 |
| [46:53] | What troubles you, child? | 你在烦恼什么呢 孩子 |
| [46:58] | Nancy Birch was flogged today. | 今天南茜·伯奇被抽了一顿 |
| [47:02] | You didn’t tell me. | 你没有告诉我 |
| [47:11] | You must have heard she and your mother | 你肯定听说过她和你母亲 |
| [47:13] | once had me sent to the whipping post. | 把我送去了鞭刑柱 |
| [47:18] | I’ve heard so many things about you, | 我听说了很多你的事情 |
| [47:19] | I could write your life story. | 都可以给你写本传记了 |
| [47:22] | Well, a version of it. | 其中一个版本吧 |
| [47:27] | Will you undo my necklace? | 你能帮我把项链摘下来吗 |
| [47:44] | Look at them. | 看看它们 |
| [47:48] | Your mother found it easier | 你的母亲更愿意 |
| [47:50] | to cast me as the villainess | 把我想象成一个女恶棍 |
| [47:52] | than to accept the truth. | 而非接受事实 |
| [47:59] | She would’ve died a diseased child in the gutter | 要不是我当年收下了她 |
| [48:02] | if I had not taken her in. | 她早就在贫民窟里病死了 |
| [48:14] | These scars have served as a lifelong reminder | 这些疤痕使我终身铭记 |
| [48:18] | never to hand out kindness freely. | 绝对不要轻易施与善意 |
| [48:25] | I want so much to put my faith in you, Charlotte. | 我多想信任你啊 夏洛特 |
| [48:31] | Then do so. | 那就信我 |
| [48:36] | My girl. | 我的女孩 |