时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:39] | In movies they always say that they, uh, | 电影里总是说他们 |
[01:42] | look like they’re sleeping. | 看起来就像睡着了 |
[01:45] | She doesn’t look like she’s sleeping. She looks dead. | 她看起来不像 像死了 |
[01:50] | I mean, you, um… | 你… |
[01:52] | She looks great. You did a really good job as usual. | 她看起来好极了 你一如既往得优秀 |
[01:54] | – Thanks. – But she doesn’t look like she’s sleeping. | -谢了 -但她看起来不像睡着了 |
[01:59] | I don’t know why people say that. | 我不知道人们为什么要那样说 |
[02:01] | Most of what people say at a funeral is a wish. | 人们在葬礼上说的话大多是愿望 |
[02:05] | “They’re…in a better place, | 他们…去了更好的地方 |
[02:08] | they’re at peace, they’re smiling down.” | 安息了 含笑九泉 |
[02:10] | People just wishing out loud. | 人们只是把愿望说出来了 |
[02:12] | How bad was it? | 有多糟 |
[02:14] | I mean, when she… | 当她… |
[02:16] | got here? How did she look? | 被送来时 她看起来怎样 |
[02:19] | Are you really asking? | 你真的想知道 |
[02:23] | No. | 不 |
[02:24] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[02:28] | You might want to slow down. | 你慢点喝 |
[02:30] | It’s going to be a long night. You’ve been at that all day. | 今夜会很漫长 你都喝了一天了 |
[02:43] | There’s a stupid amount of food. It keeps showing up. | 食物太多了 不断有人送来 |
[02:47] | Hope they didn’t eat dinner. | 希望他们没吃晚餐 |
[02:49] | Can I have one? | 能给我倒一杯吗 |
[02:50] | Should’ve told them not to eat dinner first. | 应该提前告诉他们不要吃晚餐的 |
[02:52] | There’s plenty in the kitchen if we burn through that. | 如果那些吃完了 厨房里还有很多 |
[02:57] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | -谢谢 -没事 |
[03:00] | Did you connect with a florist for tomorrow? | 你和花店商量好明天的事了吗 |
[03:02] | Yeah, it’s all set. | 是的 都安排好了 |
[03:04] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[03:06] | This gonna be a problem for Luke? | 卢克会出事吗 |
[03:09] | If he tries for it, Steve can take him back to the hotel. | 如果有 史蒂文可以把他带回酒店 |
[03:20] | So Luke’s fresh off the streets? | 卢克直接从大街上来的 |
[03:21] | Steve says he didn’t even have shoes when he found him. | 史蒂文说找到他时他连鞋都没穿 |
[03:25] | Great. | 好极了 |
[03:26] | We get to watch him come down. | 我们可以看到他戒断 |
[03:28] | He flies across the country to puke on his dead sister. | 大老远飞来吐在他妹妹的尸体上 |
[03:30] | Jesus, Theo. | 天啊 西奥 |
[03:33] | Might as well hide our purses, though. | 不过我们最好把钱包藏起来 |
[03:37] | What about Dad? | 爸爸呢 |
[03:39] | They flew in together, I know that, so he’s here. | 他们是一起飞来的 所以他也到了 |
[03:41] | Has he been here before? | 他来过这里吗 |
[03:42] | I was trying to remember that, too. | 我也在回忆 |
[03:44] | He hasn’t, has he? | 他没来过 对吧 |
[03:46] | Or if he has, I can’t remember it. | 或者来过 而我不记得了 |
[03:51] | I got it. You guys relax. | 我来 你们歇着 |
[03:55] | Please, Luke. Don’t fuck this up. | 拜托了 卢克 这次别搞砸 |
[04:01] | That’s funny, Nellie was always | 真有趣 奈莉总是想 |
[04:02] | trying to get all of us together in one place. | 让我们聚在一起 |
[04:05] | – Even Dad tried for years. – Can I get your coat? | -爸爸也试了很多年 -外套给我吧 |
[04:07] | Yeah, that would be great. | 好的 |
[04:10] | Someone should’ve told her she didn’t have to try this hard. | 应该告诉她 不用这么努力的 |
[04:15] | It’s pretty bad out there. | 外面天气好恶劣 |
[04:18] | It’s just a little rain. | 一点雨而已 |
[04:21] | Hi, Shirl. | 谢丽 |
[04:25] | Still not a hugger? | 还是不喜欢拥抱吗 |
[04:29] | Flight’s good? | 航班顺利吗 |
[04:30] | It was… It was not too bad. | 不是太糟 |
[04:32] | Long. | 很漫长 |
[04:39] | Dad’s not with you? | 爸爸没和你们一起 |
[04:41] | He’s still at the hotel. He told us to go ahead. | 他还在酒店 他让我们先走 |
[04:44] | He kept changing his clothes. | 他一直在换衣服 |
[04:46] | He’s nervous, I guess. | 我猜他很紧张 |
[04:48] | Luke, can I get you some water or something to eat? | 卢克 想喝点水或吃些东西吗 |
[04:50] | I’ve got a mountain of food. Anything you want. | 很多吃的 想要什么都可以 |
[04:59] | I’m sorry. I can’t… I can’t. | 对不起 我做不到 |
[05:05] | He seems a lot better than I expected. | 他比我预期得好多了 |
[05:09] | I think he’s, like, actually clean, a little while now. | 他应该已经戒一段时间了 |
[05:12] | – So what was with the jailbreak? – Long story. | -那他为什么要逃出去 -一言难尽 |
[05:16] | Hey, Luke. | 卢克 |
[05:25] | – You okay? – Yeah. | -你没事吧 -没事 |
[05:27] | – Yeah? – Yeah, I… | -没事吗 -没事 我… |
[05:32] | I… | 我… |
[05:34] | I thought… I thought I could do it. | 我以为…我以为我能做到 |
[05:36] | – I know. – She’s right there. | -我知道 -她就在那儿 |
[05:38] | Take your time. | 慢慢来 |
[05:40] | We can wait. | 我们可以等 |
[05:42] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[05:42] | There’s no rush. | 不用着急 |
[05:44] | I… | 我… |
[05:46] | It’s okay. Come on. | 没事的 |
[05:50] | So where’s Leigh? | 莉在哪儿 |
[05:53] | What? | 怎么了 |
[05:55] | She’ll be here tomorrow. We’re… | 她明天会来 我们… |
[05:57] | We didn’t travel together. | 我们没一起来 |
[05:59] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[06:01] | We’re taking a break. | 我们暂时分开了 |
[06:04] | Luke, you sure I can’t get you an ice tea or something? | 卢克 你真不喝杯冰茶之类的吗 |
[06:07] | – That might be good. – Yeah. | -也许有好处 -好的 |
[06:08] | – You want some ice tea? – Yeah. | -你想喝冰茶吗 -好的 |
[06:10] | That’d be great. Thanks, Kev. | 拜托你了 凯文 谢谢 |
[06:12] | – You’re taking a what? – A break. | -你们怎么了 -分开了 |
[06:14] | – Like a separation? – Like… | -就像分居吗 -就像… |
[06:16] | If it’s all the same to you, | 如果你不介意 |
[06:18] | maybe we can save this conversation for a little later. | 我们可以之后再谈这个话题 |
[06:21] | I mean, I think we got bigger things to tackle tonight | 我觉得今晚我们有更重要的事情要处理 |
[06:24] | than my marital… | 比我的婚姻更… |
[06:27] | If you were married, | 如果你结婚了 |
[06:28] | you’d know that sometimes people need a little room. | 就会知道有时人们需要空间 |
[06:32] | I mean, Theo, I’m not… | 西奥 我不是说 |
[06:34] | This is coming out wrong. I… | 说出来意思就不对了 我… |
[06:36] | I just think it’s not unusual | 结婚这么久了 |
[06:38] | for people in a relationship as long as us– | 这样很常见啊 |
[06:39] | I don’t care. | 我不关心 |
[06:41] | Getting you a drink. | 我给你倒酒了 |
[06:43] | Thank Christ. | 感谢老天 |
[06:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[06:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:54] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -嗯 -嗯 |
[06:57] | Just rip off the Band-Aid. | 把创可贴撕掉 |
[06:58] | – Yeah. – Let’s… | -好 -我们 |
[07:01] | – Let’s do it. – Okay. | -来吧 -好的 |
[07:06] | I’m with you. | 我和你一起 |
[07:09] | We got this. | 没问题的 |
[07:10] | It’s not as bad as it is in your head, | 不像你想的那么糟糕 |
[07:12] | but she doesn’t look like she’s sleeping, | 但她看起来不像睡着了 |
[07:15] | – so forget that. – Right. | -所以别在意 -好的 |
[07:17] | And if you’re not ready, we’ll just go back. | 如果你没准备好的话 我们就回去 |
[07:22] | – That’s all right. Come on. – Okay. | -没事的 来吧 -好 |
[07:48] | Yep. | 嗯 |
[07:50] | That’s… that’s her, detective. | 就是她 警探 |
[07:53] | Positive. Positive ID. | 我确认是她 |
[07:57] | That’s Nellie, all right, and she’s dead. | 是奈莉 她死了 |
[08:01] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[08:03] | Jesus! | 我的天呐 |
[08:04] | Shit, Shirl. | 操 谢丽 |
[08:09] | I’m sorry, I don’t know what that was. | 对不起 我不知道我怎么了 |
[08:11] | I changed every light bulb in the house this afternoon, | 我今天下午把这里的灯泡都换了 |
[08:13] | because if one went out tonight or tomorrow, | 因为如果今晚或者明天有一个坏了 |
[08:15] | I wouldn’t have time to change it with everything going. | 我没时间换 |
[08:18] | It’s… It’s crazy. | 这很疯狂 |
[08:23] | I get it. | 我能理解 |
[08:23] | It’s… It’s crazy. | 这很不正常 |
[08:26] | Right. | 没错 |
[08:28] | We don’t have to stay in here. | 我们不用待在这 |
[08:30] | Let’s sit. | 坐下说 |
[08:31] | – She’s okay. – Yeah. | -她没事的 -是的 |
[08:33] | That’d be good. | 好 |
[08:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[08:42] | I’m drinking every time I feel like punching something. | 我每次想打人的时候就会喝酒 |
[08:46] | It’s just not fucking fair. | 这他妈的不公平 |
[08:48] | Fuck! | 操 |
[08:50] | – Okay, Steve? – Yeah, I’ll be right there. | -史蒂文 -我马上过去 |
[09:03] | Fuck. | 操 |
[09:05] | Come on, get it together. | 拜托 振作起来 |
[09:08] | Get it together. | 振作起来 |
[09:19] | Oh, okay, okay! | 好吧 好吧 |
[09:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:26] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[09:28] | Spill it. | 说说吧 |
[09:29] | – What? – The details. | -说什么 -细节 |
[09:31] | Um, I– I don’t know much more than you. I… | 我知道的不比你多 |
[09:34] | She killed herself at that goddamn house. | 她在那个房子里自杀了 |
[09:37] | I don’t think it’s that simple. | 我觉得没这么简单 |
[09:38] | Thanks. That clears it all right up. | 谢谢 我明白了 |
[09:41] | Listen, I’m not saying it’s simple, that’s all I know. | 我没说简单 我只知道这么多 |
[09:43] | No, I mean the suicide part. | 不 我是说自杀的这部分 |
[09:46] | Luke, she went back to the house, | 卢克 她回到房子里 |
[09:48] | she didn’t tell anybody, and she… | 她没跟任何人说 然后她… |
[09:52] | – You spoke to the coroner, right? – Right. | -你和验尸官交流过吧 -是的 |
[09:55] | So, you probably know more than I do. | 那你或许知道的比我多 |
[09:57] | She… she hung herself. Her neck was broken. | 她上吊死了 她脖子断了 |
[10:04] | Her neck? | 脖子 |
[10:05] | Here you go. | 给 |
[10:06] | I still don’t get why she’d go there in the first place. | 我还是不懂她为什么要去那里 |
[10:08] | – Well… Mom. – She barely remembered Mom. | -因为妈妈 -她几乎不记得妈妈 |
[10:12] | Luke… | 卢克 |
[10:13] | how much do you remember Mom? | 你还记得妈妈什么 |
[10:15] | – Yeah, I don’t know. – She was like six years old. | -不记得了 -她那时才六岁 |
[10:18] | Well, what then, Dr. Crain? | 然后呢 克兰博士 |
[10:21] | Punch. | 想打人 |
[10:21] | I want to know what Mrs. Dudley said to him. | 我想知道达利夫人和他说什么了 |
[10:24] | – Me too. – He didn’t tell you? | -我也想 -他没告诉你吗 |
[10:26] | What do you think? | 不然呢 |
[10:30] | Six hours on a plane? | 坐了六个小时飞机 |
[10:32] | Didn’t come up? | 都没说过吗 |
[10:34] | No. | 没说 |
[10:35] | Dad was in coach. | 爸爸在经济舱里 |
[10:38] | Wait… | 等下 |
[10:39] | you put yourself in first class? | 你给你自己买了头等舱 |
[10:43] | I put him there, too. | 我也给他买了 |
[10:45] | And made Dad fly coach? | 让爸爸坐经济舱 |
[10:46] | He insisted. | 他要求的 |
[10:48] | – That’s– – Look, Shirl, he wanted to… | -扯淡 -谢丽 他想… |
[10:50] | – That’s just– – …pay for his own ticket. | -真是扯淡 -自己买自己的票 |
[10:52] | So, yeah, he was in coach. | 所以他坐的是经济舱 |
[10:56] | It’s not like we were really talking each other’s ears off before that. | 之前也没见我们无话不谈啊 |
[11:02] | God. | 天啊 |
[11:03] | I got it. | 我来 |
[11:14] | Hey, welcome. | 欢迎 |
[11:18] | Boy, it’s… | 天啊 |
[11:20] | – It’s coming down out there. – Yeah, yeah. | -外面雨好大 -嗯 |
[11:22] | I know, I know, I know. | 我知道 |
[11:25] | How are you, Kevin? | 你怎么样 凯文 |
[11:27] | I’m… | 我… |
[11:29] | so sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[11:31] | Yeah, yeah. Thanks. | 是的 谢谢 |
[11:33] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[11:46] | Sorry, I’m a little late. | 抱歉我迟了一点 |
[11:49] | That’s okay. | 没事 |
[11:52] | How was your flight? | 航班顺利吗 |
[11:55] | Well, it was… | 挺… |
[11:58] | It was… | 挺… |
[12:03] | fine. | 挺好的 |
[12:04] | – You know. – Thanks for being here. | -你懂的 -感谢你能过来 |
[12:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[12:14] | You have a beautiful home. | 你家很漂亮 |
[12:17] | This is the business side of the… | 这边是商用区 |
[12:21] | the residential side is over in the… | 我们住在里面 |
[12:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:29] | God. | 天啊 |
[12:31] | Look at you girls. | 看看你们姐妹 |
[12:32] | It’s been a minute. | 有一会儿没见了 |
[12:34] | Yeah, it has. | 确实 |
[12:36] | Longer than a minute. | 可比一会儿要长 |
[12:39] | Or a long… | 或是说好长 |
[12:41] | minute. | 一会儿 |
[12:43] | I’m not sure… which. | 我不确定… 是哪个 |
[12:48] | Can I get you anything? We got tons to eat, plenty to drink. | 吃点什么吗 我们有很多吃的喝的 |
[12:52] | This is Kevin’s coping mechanism. He turns into a waiter. | 这就是凯文的应对机制 变成服务员 |
[12:55] | No, thanks, I’m fine. I… | 不用了 我不饿 我… |
[12:59] | I don’t really know… | 我真的不知道… |
[13:01] | what to say… | 该说什么 |
[13:03] | really. | 真的 |
[13:05] | Other than… | 除了… |
[13:08] | you know, to see all of you in the same… | 看到你们齐聚… |
[13:11] | room. Well, not all. | 一室 也不是所有人 |
[13:14] | I’m just sorry that… | 很遗憾 |
[13:16] | that we have to be here… | 我们得来这里… |
[13:20] | under… | 在… |
[13:22] | Neither can I. Look at them, they’re all grown up. | 我也做不到 看看他们都长大了 |
[13:27] | What? | 什么 |
[13:31] | Under these circumstances, | 在这种情况下 |
[13:33] | that we have to be here under these circumstances– | 我们不得不在这种情况下来到这里 |
[13:35] | Well put. You want to do the eulogy tomorrow? | 说得真好 你想说明天的悼词吗 |
[13:37] | – ‘Cause it’s– – You want to go see her? | -因为这… -你想见她吗 |
[13:39] | – Yes, actually, if you’ll excuse me. – Of course. | -是的 失陪下 -没事 |
[13:41] | That’s why we’re here. | 这正是我们来的原因 |
[14:04] | Oh, Shirley. | 谢丽 |
[14:06] | Shirley. | 谢丽 |
[14:08] | You… You did a… | 你… 你做得… |
[14:13] | She looks beautiful. | 她看起来真漂亮 |
[14:16] | Not too much makeup. | 妆不是太浓 |
[14:17] | Sometimes they put too much makeup on them, | 有时他们会给死者化太浓的妆 |
[14:19] | but she looks… | 但她看起来… |
[14:26] | You did a… | 你做得… |
[14:28] | Thank you for… | 谢谢你… |
[14:31] | taking care of her, and if there’s a… | 照顾她 有… |
[14:36] | Is there… | 有… |
[14:37] | I could use a bathroom. Where would be the closest? | 我想上洗手间 最近的在哪里 |
[14:39] | – Just head up that hall. – Okay. | -在走廊的尽头 -好 |
[14:40] | – Left to you at the end. – Okay. | -尽头左手边 -好 |
[15:49] | Oh, man. | 天啊 |
[16:00] | Great. | 好极了 |
[16:01] | Honey? | 亲爱的 |
[16:03] | There you are. You weren’t in bed. Where’d you go? | 你在这儿 你不在床上 你去哪了 |
[16:04] | – Jesus Christ. – Yeah. | -天呐 -是啊 |
[16:07] | That makes sense. | 原来如此 |
[16:08] | It sounded like a car crash. | 听起来像撞车的声音 |
[16:10] | I guess, but I don’t know why it would fall. | 我猜到了 但我不知道它为什么会掉下来 |
[16:13] | Where’d you go? | 你去哪了 |
[16:15] | I don’t know, I guess I was wandering. | 我不知道 到处走走吧 |
[16:18] | Maybe I was sleepwalking. | 也许我在梦游 |
[16:19] | I had the strangest dream. | 我做了个很奇怪的梦 |
[16:21] | Jesus Christ! | 天啊 |
[16:23] | Honey, don’t say that. | 亲爱的 别这么说 |
[16:24] | You just said it. | 你刚刚就是这么说的 |
[16:26] | You’re right. I’m sorry. | 你说得对 我很抱歉 |
[16:29] | – You guys hear a scary noise? – So many scary noises. | -你们听到了恐怖的声音吗 -好多呢 |
[16:32] | Yeah. It’s okay, see? It was that. | 没事的 看到了吗 是那玩意 |
[16:34] | – Someone broke the Sannadeer! – “Chandelier.” | -有人打坏了雕瞪 -是”吊灯” |
[16:36] | It just fell. | 它掉下来了 |
[16:37] | – What the hell happened? – Language. | -这他妈怎么回事 -注意用词 |
[16:38] | – We don’t know. – So that explains the noise. | -我们也不知道 -怪不得这么大声 |
[16:40] | I don’t like this. | 我不喜欢 |
[16:42] | It’s just a silly old storm, sweetheart. | 不过是一场愚蠢的暴风雨 亲爱的 |
[16:45] | Your mother hates storms, too. | 你妈妈也讨厌暴风雨 |
[16:47] | You do? | 真的吗 |
[16:48] | Since I was a little girl, just like you. | 我像你这么小的时候就这样 |
[16:51] | But you know what storms do? | 但你们知道暴风雨会怎样吗 |
[16:54] | – Do they pass? – They pass. | -会停吗 -会的 |
[16:56] | Stevie, give me a hand. | 史蒂文 来帮我一把 |
[16:58] | What do you need? | 怎么做 |
[16:59] | Just grab that other side, | 抓住另一边 |
[17:00] | I wanna move this out of the way so no one’s tripping on it. | 把它移开 免得有人被绊倒 |
[17:03] | – Got it. – Ready? | -好 -准备好了吗 |
[17:05] | Yep. | 好了 |
[17:07] | How did it fall? | 它是怎么掉下来的 |
[17:08] | Did it get hit by lightning? | 是被闪电击中了吗 |
[17:10] | No, nothing like that, honey. | 不 不是的 亲爱的 |
[17:12] | Gently, gently. | 轻点 轻点 |
[17:14] | Okay. | 好了 |
[17:20] | What’s that? | 那是什么声音 |
[17:22] | That’s hail. | 是冰雹 |
[17:26] | Yep, it is. | 没错 |
[17:30] | It’s really loud, huh? | 很响 不是吗 |
[17:32] | All right, come with me. Let’s go sit down. | 跟我来 我们坐一下 |
[17:36] | Hail? | 冰雹 |
[17:37] | Yeah. Well, sometimes in thunderstorms, | 是啊 有时在雷雨中 |
[17:41] | the wind can push the storm | 风会把暴风雨 |
[17:43] | up into the sky really, really high… | 推到天空上很高很高的地方 |
[17:45] | and the rain can freeze. | 雨水就会冻住 |
[17:47] | So it’s ice? | 所以那是冰吗 |
[17:48] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[17:50] | Explains why my room is freezing. | 怪不得我房间冻死了 |
[17:51] | And the ice balls fall back down to Earth | 接着 冰球向地面坠下 |
[17:53] | and they pick up more water | 吸收更多的水 |
[17:55] | and they get bigger and bigger. | 它们会变得越来越大 |
[17:59] | What was that? | 那是什么声音 |
[18:00] | Um, sounded like a window. | 听起来像是窗户破了 |
[18:03] | Which is fine. | 没事的 |
[18:04] | – Everything’s fine, okay? – Yeah. | -一切都很好 -是啊 |
[18:06] | My window just broke. | 我的窗户破了 |
[18:08] | – Seriously? – It exploded. | -真的吗 -爆炸了 |
[18:09] | – You okay? – I’m fine. | -你没事吧 -没事 |
[18:11] | – Let me go check it out. – Can I come? | -我去看看 -我能一起去吗 |
[18:15] | Sure. | 好 |
[18:16] | But the rest of you stay down here | 但其他人得留在这下面 |
[18:17] | and stay away from the windows. | 远离窗户 |
[18:19] | Watch your step, there’s glass on the floor. | 注意脚下 地板上有玻璃碎屑 |
[18:21] | – Like someone threw a rock through it. – Great. | -像是有人扔了块石头 -好极了 |
[18:23] | – Ice. – The hell happened to the chandelier? | -是冰 -吊灯是怎么了 |
[18:25] | – The wind turned it into ice. – Hey, Shirl? | -风把它变成了冰 -谢丽 |
[18:26] | Can you do me a favor? Go in the kitchen and make some cocoa. | 能帮我个忙吗 去厨房冲点热可可 |
[18:30] | Seriously? | 认真的吗 |
[18:31] | You know how to do it and your brother and sister are scared. | 你知道怎么做 弟弟妹妹都很害怕 |
[18:34] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[18:35] | – Theo, you can help. Take Luke, too. – Mom. | -西奥你帮忙 卢克也去 -妈 |
[18:37] | Thank you. Go ahead. | 谢谢 去吧 |
[18:39] | – Go with your sisters. – Come on. | -和你姐姐一起去吧 -去吧 |
[18:45] | You wearing those gloves to bed now? | 你现在还戴手套睡觉了 |
[18:47] | – Shut up. – Wanna play a game? | -闭嘴 -来玩个游戏吗 |
[18:49] | So, when there’s another flash of lightning, | 当下一道闪电出现的时候 |
[18:51] | let’s count how long it takes until we hear thunder. | 我们来数一数要多久才能听到雷声 |
[18:54] | That way we can tell how far away it is. | 这样我们就能知道离我们多远了 |
[18:56] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[18:57] | So for every five seconds, that’s one whole mile away. | 每五秒代表一英里 |
[19:02] | All right, let’s wait for the next one. | 我们来等下一道闪电 |
[19:06] | There. | 来了 |
[19:07] | Okay, one, two… | 一 二 |
[19:10] | Two miles. | 两英里 |
[19:12] | Uh, no, okay, not quite. | 不是这样的 |
[19:13] | So, for every five seconds, that’s only one mile away, | 每五秒只有一英里 |
[19:16] | so that one was actually closer. | 所以刚才不到一英里 |
[19:19] | – Mom! – It’s okay. | -妈妈 -没事的 |
[19:20] | – It’s just the power. – Mommy! | -只是停电了 -妈妈 |
[19:22] | The power went out. I’m right here, you guys. | 只是停电了 我在这儿 孩子们 |
[19:24] | – Come here. – It’s all right. | -来这里 -没事的 |
[19:25] | – It’s a really old house, all right? – It’s all right. | -这房子很老 -没事的 |
[19:29] | Flashlights in the kitchen. | 厨房里有手电筒 |
[19:30] | Okay, you got it? | 好的 你去拿吧 |
[19:33] | All right. | 好的 |
[19:43] | Bent-Neck Lady! | 歪脖女士 |
[19:45] | – It’s okay. – You guys okay? | -没事的 -你们还好吗 |
[19:46] | – We’re okay. – She’s there. | -我们没事 -她就在那里 |
[19:48] | – It’s all right. Shh. – With the statue. | -没事的 -就在雕像旁边 |
[19:50] | It’s all right, baby. | 没事的宝贝 |
[19:51] | She’s here again. | 她又来了 |
[19:53] | Here, listen to me, my love. | 听我说 宝贝 |
[19:57] | Mommy’s seen things, too. | 妈妈也能看见东西 |
[19:59] | Sometimes Mommy sees people here, too. | 有时候妈妈也看到有人 |
[20:02] | But they won’t hurt us, okay? | 但是他们不会伤害我们 |
[20:04] | They’re not here to hurt us. | 他们不是来伤害我们的 |
[20:06] | What did you see? | 你看见什么了 |
[20:08] | – Everybody okay in here? – We’ll talk– | -大家都没事吗 -以后再说 |
[20:10] | Yeah, everybody’s fine. | 大家都没事 |
[20:11] | Well, this one’s working, but these need batteries. | 这个能亮 其他的要放电池 |
[20:14] | Okay, here. Theo’s got you. | 西奥陪着你 |
[20:16] | – Take your sister’s hand. – Mom. | -拉着你妹妹的手 -妈妈 |
[20:17] | Just for a second. I’ll get a flashlight. I’ll be right back. | 就一会儿 我去拿手电 马上回来 |
[20:22] | All right. I got yours, Luke. | 你的 卢克 |
[20:24] | – Let up on my hand. – Thanks, Steven. | -放我手上 -谢谢 史蒂文 |
[20:26] | It’s just a storm. | 只是暴风雨 |
[20:27] | – A bad storm. – Yeah, this wasn’t forecast. | -好大的暴风雨 -是的 没有预报 |
[20:31] | This is nuts. | 这太猛烈了 |
[20:32] | Your stuff’s all wet, Shirl. | 你东西都湿了 谢丽 |
[20:34] | The hail’s blowing right in the window. | 冰雹直接透过窗户砸进来了 |
[20:36] | – For real? – Very helpful, Steve. | -真的吗 -别火上浇油了 史蒂文 |
[20:38] | We’ll figure it out. | 我们会想办法的 |
[20:40] | – It’s kinda fun, huh? – There you go. | -还挺有趣的吧 -给你 |
[20:42] | When I was a kid, we used to go camping all the time. | 我小的时候 我们经常去露营 |
[20:45] | I was a Life Scout. | 我是生命童子军 |
[20:46] | What’s a Life Scout? | 什么是生命童子军 |
[20:48] | Well, it’s a group of… | 就是一群… |
[20:50] | Anyway, we used to go camping. | 总而言之 我们经常去露营 |
[20:52] | And one time there was a storm, | 有一次遇到了暴风雨 |
[20:54] | and it was such a bad storm that we took our packs, | 一场很大的暴风雨 我们带上背包 |
[20:57] | and we tied him to the trees to keep them from washing away. | 绑在树上免得被暴雨冲走 |
[21:02] | Stop it! | 别打雷了 |
[21:04] | It’s okay, we’re totally safe, okay? | 没事的 我们是安全的 |
[21:07] | That was a good one, huh? | 这个手电还能亮 |
[21:10] | Are you sure we’re safe? | 你确定我们是安全的吗 |
[21:12] | The roof isn’t gonna explode or whatever? | 这个房顶不会炸开吗 |
[21:15] | You know what, this house has been here for a long, long time. | 这个房子已经在这里许久了 |
[21:17] | It’s seen plenty of storms and worse than this. | 有很多比这还大的暴风雨 它都挺过来了 |
[21:20] | – It’s gonna keep us safe. – Yeah. | -我们肯定是安全的 -好吧 |
[21:22] | I thought you hated this house. | 我以为你讨厌这座房子 |
[21:27] | – That’s something, anyway. – Uh-huh. | -闪电又来了 -是啊 |
[21:30] | Okay, one… | 一起数 一 |
[21:32] | – Two, three… – Two, three… | -二 三 -二 三 |
[21:35] | See? | 看到没 |
[21:37] | It’s moving away. | 离我们越来越远了 |
[21:38] | What’d I tell you, Nellie? That’s what storms do, they… | 我跟你说什么来着 奈莉 暴风雨就是这样 |
[21:42] | Where’s your sister? | 你妹妹呢 |
[21:44] | Theo? | 西奥 |
[21:46] | She was right there. I was holding her hand the entire time. | 她刚才还在这儿 我一直拉着她的手 |
[21:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:50] | – Nellie? – The whole time, | -奈莉 -我一直拉着 |
[21:52] | I could feel her hand until I looked down. | 我能感受到她的手 低头一看就不见了 |
[21:53] | – Nellie? Honey? – Nellie? | -奈莉 宝贝 -奈莉 |
[21:58] | – Nellie? Nell. – Sweetheart? | -奈莉 奈尔 -亲爱的 |
[22:01] | Where could she have gone? It was only a few seconds. | 她能去哪儿啊 这也就几秒钟 |
[22:04] | Maybe she went to her room. | 也许她回房间了 |
[22:06] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[22:07] | I could feel her hand the entire time– | 我真的感觉到一直在拉着她的手 |
[22:10] | – I know, it’s not your fault. – Nellie! | -我知道 不是你的错 -奈莉 |
[22:11] | We’re gonna find her. | 我们会找到她的 |
[22:12] | What if something gets her? | 如果有东西把她抓走了怎么办 |
[22:15] | I know you’re scared, pal. I know you are. | 我知道你害怕 宝贝 我知道 |
[22:17] | – Nell, come on out. – Listen, she’s just hiding from the storm. | -奈尔 快出来 -她只是去躲暴风雨了 |
[22:20] | – She’s probably in her room under her bed. – Yeah. | -也许她就在床底下藏着呢 -是啊 |
[22:22] | We’ll go and find her, we’ll bring her back, okay? | 我们去找到她 把她带回来 好吗 |
[22:25] | – Maybe we should… – My sweet boy. Yes. | -也许我们应该 -好孩子 嗯 |
[22:28] | Ah, Steve, okay, you keep an eye on everyone. | 史蒂文 你看好大家 |
[22:31] | – We’ll be right back. – Yeah, we’ll be back in a bit. | -我们马上回来 -我们马上就回来 |
[22:33] | You guys stay here and stay away from the windows. | 你们待在这里 远离窗户 |
[22:36] | – Keep hold of your flashlights. – You think she went upstairs? | -拿着你的手电筒 -你觉得她上楼了吗 |
[22:39] | We would’ve seen her if she went for the halls. | 如果她往大厅走 我们应该能看到她 |
[22:41] | – Nell, come on out, it’s okay. – Don’t worry, my man. | -奈尔 快出来 没事的 -别担心 |
[22:43] | – She’s gonna be okay. – How do you know? | -她会没事的 -你怎么知道的 |
[22:46] | ‘Cause, I won’t let anything happen to her. | 因为我不会让她出事 |
[22:48] | To any of you guys. | 不会让你们任何人出事 |
[22:51] | That’s my whole job. | 这是我的工作 |
[22:52] | First thing they teach us in Big Brother School. | 大哥学校第一课就是教的这个 |
[22:54] | Nell? | 奈尔 |
[22:56] | I’m with you. | 我陪着你 |
[22:58] | We got this. | 我们没问题的 |
[23:00] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[23:02] | Luke. Luke. | 卢克 卢克 |
[23:06] | Luke. | 卢克 |
[23:07] | Luke? | 卢克 |
[23:09] | Luke. | 卢克 |
[23:11] | Do you remember what it was, that word she made up? | 你还记得她造的那个词是什么吗 |
[23:15] | I’m not sure. | 不记得了 |
[23:17] | This made-up word. | 她编的那个词 |
[23:19] | Aunt Janet kept correcting her and she just went on using it. | 珍妮特姨妈一直在纠正她 她还一直用 |
[23:22] | – What the hell was that word? – Trying to remember. | -那个词是什么来着 -我在想 |
[23:28] | Doesn’t matter. Finally Aunt Janet… | 无所谓了 最后珍妮特姨妈… |
[23:31] | she gets fed up and tells Nellie | 她忍无可忍了 于是告诉奈莉 |
[23:33] | to stop using whatever it was and speak properly. | 别再说了 要用正确的词语 |
[23:36] | “You’re ten years old, speak properly.” | “你都十岁啦 要好好说话” |
[23:40] | And Nellie just… looks at her. | 奈莉就看着她 |
[23:42] | like beyond her years, patient… | 有着不属于她这个年龄的耐心 |
[23:45] | and asks what she’s doing wrong. | 问哪儿说错了 |
[23:48] | And Aunt Janet says, “It’s a made-up word.” | 珍妮特姨妈说”这是你自己编的词” |
[23:52] | And Nellie looks her right in the eye and says… | 奈莉盯着她的眼睛说 |
[23:55] | “All words are made-up at first.” | “所有词都是人编的” |
[23:58] | God, I wish I could remember what the… | 天啊 好想记起来 |
[24:00] | that word. | 是什么 |
[24:02] | “Puffalope.” | “厚松信封” |
[24:04] | That’s it. Puffalope. | 就是这个 厚松信封 |
[24:07] | Padded, puffy envelope. | 厚垫的 蓬松的信封 |
[24:09] | “Puffalope.” | 厚松信封 |
[24:12] | She would say she was running out of puffalopes for her letters | 她会说写信没有厚松信封了 |
[24:15] | and she wanted Aunt Janet to pick up puffalopes at the store. | 她想让珍妮特姨妈从商店给她买一个 |
[24:20] | And that is the third story | 这也是你讲的 |
[24:22] | you’ve told about that one stupid summer. | 关于那个夏天的第三个故事 |
[24:24] | I didn’t live there after that. | 从那之后我就不住在那里了 |
[24:25] | That’s what I remember most, I guess. | 这也是我记忆最深的事了 |
[24:27] | I know those stories ’cause I was there for those stories. | 我知道是因为我在场 |
[24:31] | I just want to hear some new stories. | 说一些新鲜事吧 |
[24:33] | Serious, Theo. You might want to slow down. | 说真的 西奥 你慢点喝 |
[24:36] | I’m trying to drink her back to life. Would you like me to stop? | 我想想得她起死回生 你要阻止我吗 |
[24:39] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[24:40] | – She got that from your mother. You know. – Alcoholism? | -她是跟你妈学的 -酗酒吗 |
[24:45] | No, “Puffalope.” | 不是 “厚松信封” |
[24:49] | She used to… | 她以前… |
[24:51] | She used to tell Nell that her letters… | 她以前告诉奈尔 她的信… |
[24:54] | to Santa would be safe and warm in the North Pole | 给圣诞老人写信如果用厚松信封装 |
[24:56] | if she used a puffalope. | 就会平安温暖地到达北极 |
[25:04] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[25:14] | Nellie used to write letters to Santa. | 奈莉过去经常给圣诞老人写信 |
[25:19] | Took it… very seriously. | 把这件事看得很重要 |
[25:22] | Formal letters. | 很正式 |
[25:25] | Didn’t want to call him… | 她不想管他叫… |
[25:27] | “Santa,” So, she called him Mr. Claus. | 不想叫他”圣诞老人” 都叫”圣诞老人先生” |
[25:29] | She thought “Santa” would be rude. | 她觉得叫他”圣诞老人”不礼貌 |
[25:30] | That’s not how you talk to grown-ups. | 不应该对大人这么讲话 |
[25:35] | So… | 所以… |
[25:37] | “Dear Mr. Claus, this is… | 致圣诞老人先生 |
[25:41] | Nellie Crain.” In whatever… | 我是奈莉·克兰 |
[25:44] | address we were at. | 后面加上地址 |
[25:45] | I told her she didn’t need to include that, but she… | 我跟她说不用写上地址 |
[25:48] | she insisted. | 但她坚持要写 |
[25:51] | You know, ’cause… | 因为… |
[25:58] | She said, uh, you know… | 因为她说… |
[26:01] | “Who knows how many Nells there are in the world?” | “谁知道这世界上有多少个奈尔” |
[26:02] | And we moved around so much. | 而且咱们当时经常搬家 |
[26:07] | Yeah, we moved around so much… | 咱们经常搬家 |
[26:09] | that, you know, he might get confused. | 所以圣诞老人有可能很困惑 |
[26:12] | “Dear Mr. Claus, | 致圣诞老人先生 |
[26:13] | this is Nellie Crain in Boston. | 我是住在波士顿的奈莉·克兰 |
[26:16] | And… | 然后 |
[26:19] | my brother, Steve… | 我的哥哥 史蒂文 |
[26:22] | he wants a typewriter. | 他想要台打字机 |
[26:27] | And he’s such a good brother,” She would say. | “他是一个好哥哥” 她会这么说 |
[26:31] | “And my sister Shirley, she could use a new camera, | 我的姐姐谢丽 可以给她一台新相机 |
[26:34] | ’cause she’s capturing our memories, | 因为她在记录我们的瞬间 |
[26:35] | you know, and they’re so very precious.” | 我们的回忆多么珍贵 |
[26:38] | And the thing is, guys, you know, | 各位 我想说的是 |
[26:39] | she’d never ask for anything for herself, ever. | 她从来不给自己要东西 |
[26:42] | Not once. | 一次都没有 |
[26:44] | She’d only ask for presents for you guys. And God… | 她只会给你们要礼物 |
[26:48] | damn it, you know, we had to make sure… | 我们得保证 |
[26:52] | we got you what– what you wanted, | 你们能得到想要的 |
[26:54] | what she– what she mentioned in those letters. | 按照信里写的那样 |
[26:58] | ‘Cause we weren’t about to discourage that instinct. | 因为我们不想抑制住她的这种天性 |
[27:01] | Your mom would say, “Oh no, we water that seed… | 你妈妈说 “我们要悉心呵护她 |
[27:04] | until that’s her tree.” | 直到她长大成人” |
[27:11] | Well… | 好吧 |
[27:12] | she used to write letters. | 她以前经常写信 |
[27:16] | And… | 而且 |
[27:18] | always, you know, handwritten. | 总是手写 |
[27:20] | She wrote me once a month. | 一个月给我写一封 |
[27:25] | Always. | 一直如此 |
[27:28] | Just telling me… | 只是告诉我 |
[27:30] | the amazing things going on with you guys. | 你们之间发生的趣事 |
[27:35] | Two of us. | 我们中的两个 |
[27:39] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[27:40] | I mean, two of us. | 我们中的两个人 |
[27:42] | There were seven of us, and now there’s five, | 本来我们有七个人 现在就剩五个了 |
[27:45] | because two of us… | 因为我们中的两个 |
[27:46] | decided… | 决定 |
[27:48] | to die. | 去死 |
[27:52] | You know some religions | 你知道有些宗教规定 |
[27:54] | won’t let you be buried in their cemeteries if you kill yourself? | 自杀是不允许被埋在坟墓的 |
[27:57] | It’s– It’s monstrous. | 这很荒谬 |
[28:01] | Like you committed a crime. | 就像犯了罪一样 |
[28:03] | When really it was just that you’re in so much pain. | 其实只是因为活着太痛苦了 |
[28:09] | So much pain. | 无边的痛苦 |
[28:13] | And Nellie knew that. | 奈莉懂这个道理 |
[28:16] | She knew the price the rest of us pay when someone does that, | 她知道我们会多么痛苦 |
[28:19] | and she did it anyway. | 却还是自杀了 |
[28:24] | God. | 天啊 |
[28:25] | I wish she felt like she could’ve talked to me. | 她要是跟我谈谈就好了 |
[28:29] | I don’t know why she didn’t feel like she could talk to me. | 为什么不来找我 |
[28:34] | There’s nothing… | 没有 |
[28:35] | she was going through that wouldn’t have been okay. | 没有过不去的坎 |
[28:38] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[28:45] | You know, uh… | 其实 |
[28:49] | this one time, Aunt Janet, she… | 有一次 珍妮特姨妈她 |
[28:53] | She let us camp out in the backyard, and… | 让我们在后院露营 |
[28:59] | set up a tent, you know, roasted marshmallows all night. | 搭个帐篷 整晚烤棉花糖 |
[29:03] | – I remember that. – Yeah, and… | -我记得 -嗯 |
[29:07] | Steve… | 史蒂文 |
[29:08] | – Right, the bear thing. – Yeah. | -对 那只熊 -嗯 |
[29:11] | Steve… | 史蒂文 |
[29:13] | he was outside pretending to be a bear, | 他在外面扮熊 |
[29:16] | banging on the tent, and… | 撞帐篷 |
[29:20] | you know, I’m freaking out, and Nellie says… | 我吓死了 奈莉说 |
[29:25] | Nellie says, “Don’t worry. | 奈莉说别担心 |
[29:26] | We’re safe in here. This… | 我们在里面很安全 |
[29:30] | This tent is magic. | 帐篷有魔法 |
[29:32] | It makes us indivisible.” | 能让我们隐森 |
[29:38] | And Steve, Steve stopped shaking the tent. | 史蒂文就不摇帐篷了 |
[29:41] | He says, hey… still in the bear voice, “I think you mean… | 他扮着熊的声音说 你是说 |
[29:46] | invisible.” | 隐身吧 |
[29:49] | And Nellie shouts at the bear, | 奈莉对熊大喊 |
[29:51] | “I meant what I said, bear.” | 我说什么就是什么 狗熊 |
[29:58] | I’d like to go back to something you said. | 我想再说下你刚说的事 |
[30:02] | What? | 什么 |
[30:03] | Not you, him. | 不是你 他 |
[30:07] | You said Nellie… | 你说奈莉 |
[30:09] | wrote you a letter… | 每个月 |
[30:11] | once a month? | 都给你写信 |
[30:13] | Yeah, that’s right. | 是的 |
[30:16] | So maybe she mentioned something in one of her monthly letters that | 她每个月写的信里 |
[30:21] | might have raised the flag about, I don’t know, her state of mind? | 有没有让你觉得她精神状态不对劲的 |
[30:25] | No, she just… | 没有 她 |
[30:28] | No, she would… You know, she’d… | 没有 她会 |
[30:31] | talk about you guys, and just like the Santa letter, | 说你们的事 就像给圣诞老人写的信一样 |
[30:33] | – she’d just tell me about you guys. – You said that, but… | -说说你们的事 -你是这么说 但 |
[30:36] | You see, we’re all aware of how you like to hold back information | 我们都知道家里有人自杀时 |
[30:39] | when a family member offs themselves. | 你会有所隐瞒 |
[30:41] | – Steve… – So I’m just wondering | -史蒂文 -所以我在想 |
[30:43] | if there’s a little more you’re not telling us. | 你是不是对我们有所隐瞒 |
[30:49] | Do you want to do… do this now, huh? | 你现在要说这个 |
[30:53] | Yeah, I do. | 是的 |
[30:56] | We’ve all got questions, | 我们都有很多疑问 |
[30:57] | and I think it’d be swell | 你再不回答 |
[30:58] | if you’d give us a few answers for a change. | 就有点太过分了 |
[31:09] | All right. | 好吧 |
[31:11] | Let’s start with that call you got from Mrs. Dudley | 先说说达利夫人给你打电话 |
[31:13] | – and what exactly she said about– – She called me… | -她说什么了 -她打给我 |
[31:17] | immediately after she called the police. | 她报警后就立刻给我打电话了 |
[31:20] | She said she’d noticed the car out front. | 她说看到车在前面 |
[31:23] | When she went inside and she saw your sister… | 于是她进去看到你妹妹 |
[31:29] | hanging next to the spiral staircase in the library. Oh, and… | 吊在图书馆的旋转楼梯旁 |
[31:34] | Mrs. Dudley, she also apologized, | 达利夫人也道歉了 |
[31:36] | because she said she threw up on the floor, and… | 因为她忍不住吐在地上了 |
[31:40] | What’s–What’s next? | 下个问题 |
[31:43] | Did Nellie mention in one of her puffalopes | 奈莉在厚松信封里有没有提到 |
[31:45] | that she crashed a book signing of mine about a month ago? | 一个月前她来我的签售会闹事 |
[31:48] | – No, she did not. – To scream at me. | -没有 -朝我大喊大叫 |
[31:49] | – Wait, what? – Yeah. | -等等 什么 -嗯 |
[31:51] | – Does that sound like Nell to you? – No, it doesn’t. | -奈尔是这样的人吗 -不是 |
[31:53] | She wasn’t herself. | 她状态不好 |
[31:54] | She was seeing a new therapist since Arthur, I know that. | 她后来有看治疗师 这我知道 |
[31:57] | – That’s right. – Anybody know anything about this doctor? | -嗯 -谁认识这个医生 |
[31:59] | Any psychiatrist worth their shit | 稍微厉害点的医生 |
[32:00] | would’ve kept her on a much shorter leash. | 肯定会更关注她的 |
[32:02] | – She’s a fucking quack. – She was clearly off her meds | -她是个庸医 -她来的时候 |
[32:04] | – when I saw her. – How did she sound when she called you? | -肯定没吃药 -她打给你时 状态如何 |
[32:07] | – Wait, she called you? – Yeah, the day it happened. | -等等 她打给你了 -出事当天打给我了 |
[32:09] | – She called Steve, too. – Did you talk to her? | -也打给史蒂文了 -你接到了吗 |
[32:11] | – No, I didn’t get to. – Me either. | -没有 -我也是 |
[32:13] | She wasn’t worried about herself, | 她不是担心自己 |
[32:14] | she was apparently worried about you. | 她在担心你 |
[32:18] | I talked to her. | 我接到了 |
[32:22] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[32:23] | I talked to her that night. | 那晚她打给我 |
[32:26] | And she was… | 她 |
[32:29] | She was worried about a lot more than, uh, than Luke. | 她远远不是只担心卢克 |
[32:34] | Well… | 嗯 |
[32:36] | Like what? | 那是什么事 |
[32:40] | She said the Bent-Neck Lady was back. | 她说歪脖女士回来了 |
[32:45] | There it is. | 那就对了 |
[32:47] | Mental illness. | 精神病 |
[32:48] | – No, no, Steve– – Clear as day. | -不 史蒂文 -很明显 |
[32:50] | – No, you don’t– – Hereditary. | -你别 -遗传的 |
[32:52] | You let her believe all that bullshit. | 是你让她相信这些鬼话的 |
[32:54] | – You don’t– – All that bullshit about Hill House | -你别 -关于希尔大宅的鬼话 |
[32:57] | and this is the inevitable conclusion, which makes you culpable. | 这就是最终结论 你也有责任 |
[33:00] | – Who is the Bent-Neck Lady? – Frankly. | -歪脖女士是谁 -说实话 |
[33:01] | So you hear her spout some of the crazy stuff… | 在她六岁时 |
[33:03] | – …she said when she was six, – It’s not crazy. | -就开始胡言乱语 -不是胡言乱语 |
[33:05] | and you don’t think that maybe you should get her some help? | 还不觉得她有问题吗 |
[33:07] | I did, I called you immediately. | 我发现了 然后立刻给你打电话了 |
[33:10] | – Just like Mom, you ignore the signs… – That’s not how it is. | -就像对妈妈一样 忽视迹象 -不是的 |
[33:12] | You hope it’ll go away and then you hold back information! | 希望一切都会过去 还有所隐瞒 |
[33:15] | If I held back anything, it was to protect you kids. | 如果我隐瞒 也是为了保护你们 |
[33:18] | I don’t need– Why do I need protection from the truth? | 我不需要 我要知道真相 |
[33:24] | She’s… No. He’s entitled… | 不 他有权 |
[33:27] | What… What is that? What’s that? | 什么 你干什么呢 |
[33:31] | I said you’re entitled. | 我说你有权 |
[33:33] | – I’m entitled to the truth? – You’re entitled to your anger. | -有权知道真相 -有权生气 |
[33:36] | Remember why we’re here. | 别忘了为什么来这里 |
[33:37] | It’s very generous of you to allow me to feel my anger. | 你肚量可真大啊 |
[33:40] | All of you… you’re entitled. | 你们都可以 |
[33:42] | What else am I entitled to | 你肚量这么大 |
[33:44] | while you’re being so fucking generous? | 我还可以干什么 |
[33:45] | You might want to… check yourself… | 你最好先看看自己 |
[33:48] | before you start talking about the truth, Steve. | 再说真相 史蒂文 |
[33:53] | Great, are we breaking this out? | 好 都说开了是吧 |
[33:54] | You’re drunk. | 你醉了 |
[33:57] | Theo’s drunk, I’m just pissed. | 西奥醉了 我只是很生气 |
[33:59] | And this is the part of the show | 说到这 |
[34:00] | where you break out my goddamn book? | 该说我的书了吧 |
[34:02] | You want to talk about propagating delusions? | 你要提宣传胡思乱想的事 |
[34:04] | – Why don’t we just… – There it is. | -要不 -没错 |
[34:06] | …paranoid delusions for entertainment and profit, Steve. | 为了娱乐和利益 写些胡思乱想的东西 史蒂文 |
[34:09] | – …gonna make– – What about that? | -要 -是吧 |
[34:11] | You took all that paranoia and craziness and you mass-marketed it | 把所有胡思乱想的东西大肆宣传 |
[34:15] | – to jump-start your writing career. – Really? | -让自己写作生涯起飞 -不是吧 |
[34:18] | So don’t stand in plain view of Nellie’s casket | 别站在奈莉的棺材旁 |
[34:20] | and lecture us about responsibility. | 教我们什么是责任 |
[34:22] | Are you gonna stop the book fight? | 你要为书吵架吗 |
[34:24] | – We’re all real tired– – You were happy enough | -我们都很累了 -你很开心 |
[34:26] | to exploit all of us for some blood money. | 从我们身上剥削血汗钱 |
[34:28] | That’s why none of us ever took your fucking money, Steve. | 所以我们都没拿你的钱 史蒂文 |
[34:30] | – Cut it out. – And you’re fucking drunk! | -行了 -你醉了 |
[34:33] | While we’re supposed to be honoring Nellie. | 今天是来缅怀奈莉的 |
[34:36] | Real class act, Theo. | 你做事真有品 西奥 |
[34:38] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[34:40] | No, you don’t know. You don’t know what I felt. | 不 你不知道我当时的感受 |
[34:43] | And you don’t know what I feel. | 也不知道我现在的感受 |
[34:46] | And I am allowed to process that any way that I want to. | 我怎么应对是我的事 |
[34:49] | You don’t just stand there | 轮不到你来 |
[34:50] | and dictate how we all grieve our dead si– | 教育我们怎么悼念 |
[34:53] | – Fuck! – Fuck! | -操 -操 |
[34:55] | You okay? | 没事吧 |
[34:56] | I’m fine. God, don’t touch me! | 没事 别碰我 |
[35:01] | Don’t fucking touch. | 别碰我 |
[35:05] | I have enough of my own grief. I… | 我自己够难过的了 |
[35:08] | I don’t need yours, too. | 不需要感受你们的 |
[35:10] | Whatever that means. | 你说什么就是什么吧 |
[35:20] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[35:21] | I took the money, Shirl. | 我拿了钱 谢丽 |
[35:24] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[35:26] | I took his fucking money. | 我拿了他的钱 |
[35:29] | I got my degree. | 拿了学位 |
[35:31] | I started my career. | 开始了我的事业 |
[35:32] | ‘Cause you know what? It’s good fucking money. | 知道吗 因为钱很多 |
[35:36] | The book was a hit. | 书很火 |
[35:37] | The royalties still haven’t dried up. | 现在还有版税 |
[35:39] | I’m fucking glad that I took it. | 我很高兴我拿了钱 |
[35:45] | You took his money. | 你拿了他的钱 |
[35:47] | You’d have to be a real stubborn bitch not to, so… | 顽固的傻逼才不会拿吧 |
[35:52] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[35:55] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[35:56] | You’re drunk. | 你醉了 |
[35:58] | Nope. | 没有 |
[36:00] | Yup… but, I’m right. | 嗯 但我是对的 |
[36:04] | So what now? You want to come after me? | 所以呢 你咬我啊 |
[36:06] | So you just thought you’d live under my roof? | 所以你觉得住在我这 |
[36:08] | – Shirl– – No, let me get this right. | -谢丽 -我捋一下 |
[36:10] | Live under my roof, eat my food, | 住我这 吃我的 |
[36:13] | and lie to my face for how many years? | 还骗了我这么多年 |
[36:16] | Guess we should’ve charged you rent after all. | 看来我们得收你房租了 |
[36:18] | I offered to pay rent, you sanctimonious bitch. | 我说了要付的 你个伪君子 |
[36:20] | I guess you won’t have a problem | 你应该能自己 |
[36:21] | paying for a place of your own, will you? | 租个房子了吧 |
[36:23] | You can use all your royalties. | 用你的版税嘛 |
[36:26] | Shirley. | 谢丽 |
[36:27] | – Are you serious? – Yes, I am. | -你是认真的吗 -是的 |
[36:27] | – No, she’s not. – We agreed. All of us. | -她不是 -我们都同意了 |
[36:30] | – We weren’t going to participate– – We didn’t agree. | -我们不参与 -我们没同意 |
[36:32] | – You stood up there and dictated– – You don’t get to lie to me, | -是你瞎指挥 -你不该骗我 |
[36:35] | and live off me at the same time, and call me a bitch. | 还在我这蹭吃蹭喝 叫我伪君子 |
[36:38] | – All right. – That’s not gonna fly. | -好了 -这事过不去了 |
[36:39] | – Slow up, Shirl. – Fuck you! | -别激动 谢丽 -操你妈 |
[36:41] | Fuck both of you! | 操你们的血妈 |
[36:43] | Blood money! Blood money! | 血钱 血钱 |
[36:46] | You’re out, Theo. | 你给我滚 西奥 |
[36:47] | – Are you gonna stop this? – What am I–? | -你不劝劝吗 -我怎么劝 |
[36:48] | After the funeral, you can fuck off back to Cali, Steven. | 葬礼完事后 你滚回加州 史蒂文 |
[36:51] | You can start looking for a new place to squat, Dr. Crain. | 自己找个地方住 克兰博士 |
[36:54] | If I were you, I’d get off that high horse before I fall off. | 要是我可不会这么瞎指挥 |
[36:56] | If you were me, you wouldn’t be such a fucking asshole. | 要是我可不会这么混蛋 |
[36:59] | You’re just embarrassing yourself, you don’t even know it. | 你在自己打脸 你还没发现 |
[37:01] | She’s falling on the goddamn ground and I’m embarrassing myself? | 她都摔地上了 我怎么尴尬了 |
[37:05] | We took the money, too. | 我们也拿钱了 |
[37:11] | I mean, I took the money, I guess. | 我拿了 |
[37:15] | We did. | 我们拿了 |
[37:19] | No, you didn’t. | 你没拿 |
[37:22] | I opened an account for it. | 我开了个账户 |
[37:23] | The checkbook that you found the other day… | 你那天发现的支票簿 |
[37:26] | Shirl, you keep cutting prices down to cost. | 谢丽 你一直在降价 |
[37:30] | – Right? I mean– – Don’t you dare. | -对吧 -你敢 |
[37:32] | The pro bono funerals, the special cases. | 那些无偿葬礼 特别客人 |
[37:35] | Don’t put this on me. | 不能怪我 |
[37:36] | How else was I supposed to keep the business going? | 不然这还怎么做生意 |
[37:38] | I mean, look, if you think about it, | 你想想 |
[37:41] | we took that money | 我们拿了钱 |
[37:42] | and we changed it into something that helped people | 帮了需要帮助的人 |
[37:44] | – on the worst day of their lives. – Stop. | -帮助他们渡过难关 -别说了 |
[37:49] | Do you have any idea how much you’ve humiliated me? | 你知道这多打我的脸吗 |
[37:52] | Look, honey… | 亲爱的 |
[37:55] | Don’t. | 别 |
[37:58] | Both of you. | 你们俩 |
[37:59] | Just… out. I can’t… | 出去 我无法 |
[38:02] | Shirley… | 谢丽 |
[38:03] | I can’t look at either one of you right now. | 我无法面对你俩 |
[38:06] | Get out. | 出去 |
[38:09] | We’re just– We’re done here. Everybody out. | 行了 都出去 |
[38:13] | Do I really have to move out? | 我真的得搬出去吗 |
[38:16] | – Out! – Just give her her space. | -滚出去 -让她静一静吧 |
[38:19] | Look, I need… | 我需要 |
[38:21] | I need some more vodka. | 我需要再来点伏特加 |
[38:25] | – I want more vodka. – There’s more downstairs. | -我得再来点伏特加 -楼下有 |
[38:27] | I need another bottle– | 我得再来一瓶 |
[38:28] | Okay. We gotta go, let’s go. | 好吧 我们得走了 走吧 |
[38:30] | Why don’t we… | 要不我们 |
[38:31] | go back to the hotel and give your sister some space. | 先回酒店 让她自己静静 |
[38:35] | You know, she’s wounded, we’re all wounded. | 她很受伤 我们都很受伤 |
[38:38] | – People lash out. It’s perfectly– – What? | -人们需要发泄 这非常 -什么 |
[38:42] | What the hell? | 搞什么鬼 |
[38:44] | What? | 怎么了 |
[38:46] | Who did this? | 谁干的 |
[38:47] | – What? – What? | -什么 -怎么了 |
[38:48] | Shirl. | 谢丽 |
[38:50] | What? | 怎么了 |
[38:53] | Is this… | 这是 |
[38:54] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[38:56] | It’s… | 这 |
[38:57] | You think this is… this is cute? | 你觉得这 这很可爱吗 |
[39:00] | – I didn’t… – Someone thought, what? | -我没有 -有人觉得 怎么 |
[39:03] | This was… funny? This was… | 这 很可笑吗 实在是 |
[39:06] | – Who the fuck did this? – I swear to God, I didn’t– | -到底是谁干的 -我发誓 我没有 |
[39:09] | – You were the last one up here. – No, absolutely– | -你是最后一个离开的 -没有 绝对 |
[39:12] | – You were…you were standing here. – Why would I do something… | -你就站在这 -我为什么要 |
[39:16] | What… the hell? | 怎么回事 |
[39:18] | – Did you blow a fuse? – I’ve got a backup generator. | -保险丝烧了吗 -我有备用发电机 |
[39:21] | The storm’s not that bad. | 暴风雨也没那么大吧 |
[39:24] | God damn tonight. | 今晚真是见鬼了 |
[39:26] | Just damn it. | 真该死 |
[39:28] | Where…where’s your breaker box? | 电箱在哪里 |
[39:31] | Can I do anything? | 我能帮什么忙吗 |
[39:42] | Daddy. | 爸爸 |
[39:45] | Nell. | 奈尔 |
[40:13] | Nell… | 奈尔 |
[40:14] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[40:18] | Nell. | 奈尔 |
[40:25] | Nell? | 奈尔 |
[40:37] | She’s not in our room. | 她不在我们房间 |
[40:38] | I don’t know why she’d go anywhere else by herself. | 她为什么要一个人乱转 |
[40:43] | The roof. | 屋顶 |
[40:44] | I know. | 我知道 |
[40:46] | The hail, they sound like golf balls. | 冰雹听着像高尔夫球一样 |
[40:48] | I don’t even wanna think about what it did to this roof. | 简直不敢想屋顶会被砸成什么样 |
[40:52] | I’ll get Mullen over tomorrow to look. | 明天我叫马伦过来看看 |
[40:58] | I just put batteries in. | 我刚把电池放进去 |
[40:59] | Okay, you get fresh ones, I’ll keep looking. | 你去拿新电池 我继续找 |
[41:01] | All right. | 好的 |
[41:05] | I’ll check the library and the kitchen just to be sure. | 我再去看下图书室和厨房 |
[41:09] | – Be right back. – Okay. | -马上回来 -好的 |
[41:14] | Nellie? | 奈莉 |
[41:19] | Shit. | 该死 |
[41:32] | Nellie? | 奈莉 |
[41:35] | You in here? | 你在吗 |
[41:44] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[41:47] | Where did you go? | 你去哪了 |
[41:53] | Really? | 不是吧 |
[42:01] | Okay. | 好了 |
[42:19] | Nellie? | 奈莉 |
[43:03] | Liv? | 丽芙 |
[43:22] | Liv! | 丽芙 |
[43:34] | You kids okay down there? | 孩子们在楼下还好吗 |
[43:36] | We’re all right. | 我们没事 |
[43:47] | Liv. | 丽芙 |
[44:11] | Liv. | 丽芙 |
[44:12] | How the hell did you… | 你怎么 |
[44:24] | Liv, you better stay away from these windows. | 丽芙 离窗户远点 |
[44:26] | This storm’s getting really… | 暴风雨变得越来越 |
[44:42] | Liv! | 丽芙 |
[44:43] | Get away from the windo– | 离窗户 |
[44:45] | Jesus Christ! | 我的天啊 |
[44:59] | Liv! Jesus! | 丽芙 天啊 |
[45:02] | Liv. | 丽芙 |
[45:04] | – What the hell? – Honey? | -怎么回事 -亲爱的 |
[45:07] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[45:08] | I think so. | 应该没事 |
[45:10] | I looked in the rooms but she wasn’t up here. | 我找过了房间 她不在那里 |
[45:13] | – What were you doing? – I looked in the bed… | -你在干什么 -我去找了卧 |
[45:17] | bedrooms. | 卧室 |
[45:19] | Honey. | 亲爱的 |
[45:20] | I’m having the strangest dream. | 我做了个特别奇怪的梦 |
[45:31] | – Are you okay? – What’s wrong? | -大家没事吧 -怎么回事 |
[45:33] | We’re coming! | 我们来了 |
[45:45] | What happened? | 发生什么了 |
[45:48] | There’s something in the house and my flashlight stopped working | 屋子里有什么东西 我的手电筒坏了 |
[45:50] | and I heard it breathing and I– I don’t know what it was, | 我听到了它的喘气声 但不知道是什么 |
[45:53] | – but it was so close to us. – Okay. | -但它离我们特别近 -别急 |
[45:55] | Slow down, slow down. | 慢点 慢点 |
[45:57] | Even I saw it. I think it was a big dog. | 我也看见了 感觉是条大狗 |
[45:59] | It ran right there here toward the kitchen. | 它往厨房那边跑去了 |
[46:02] | It was like this thing wolf and had red these glowing eyes. | 像一头狼 红眼睛闪闪发亮 |
[46:04] | I didn’t see any glowing eyes, but it was in here. | 我没看到发亮的眼睛 但他刚才就在这 |
[46:07] | – It was definitely something. – Okay. | -绝对有东西 -好吧 |
[46:10] | Where did it go? | 它去哪了 |
[46:17] | It’s okay. | 没事了 |
[46:27] | Again? | 又来 |
[46:46] | Where’d you go? | 你去哪了 |
[46:48] | No. | 没去哪 |
[46:50] | I just… nowhere. | 我只是 没去哪 |
[46:54] | Oh, you’re just wandering around in the dark? | 你就在黑暗中瞎逛吗 |
[46:56] | Well, aren’t we all? | 我们不都一样吗 |
[47:00] | Steve and Shirl are still trying to get the lights back on. | 史蒂文和谢丽还在修复电力故障 |
[47:03] | Something tells me they won’t. | 感觉他们修不好 |
[47:06] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[47:07] | Something tells me the same. | 我也有同样的预感 |
[47:21] | Who do you think did this? | 你觉得是谁干的 |
[47:27] | Well, if I’m honest… | 实话说 我觉得 |
[47:31] | none of us. | 不是我们 |
[47:35] | But… | 但是 |
[47:38] | you… probably know that already, don’t you? | 你应该知道了吧 |
[47:47] | So… | 那 |
[47:50] | The Bent-Neck Lady, you think she was… | 歪脖女士 你觉得她 |
[47:53] | I mean, this whole time was… | 一直以来 |
[47:56] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[48:00] | She didn’t do this to herself. | 她不是自杀的 |
[48:03] | No. | 嗯 |
[48:07] | Neither did Mom, did she? | 妈妈也不是吧 |
[48:11] | That’s a… | 这 |
[48:13] | That’s a complicated question. | 这问题很复杂 |
[48:18] | Doesn’t make any sense. | 说不通啊 |
[48:19] | We have a backup genny in the basement for the refrigeration. | 地下室有备用发电机 |
[48:24] | This is– It’s not even a storm. | 根本都算不上暴风雨 |
[48:26] | The rest of the block’s fine. It’s just us. | 其他家都有电 就我们没有 |
[48:28] | – For real? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -嗯 |
[48:29] | – Why is it complicated? – It’s been a long night. | -为什么复杂 -很晚了 |
[48:32] | – Why don’t we… head back. – All right. | -我们回去吧 -好 |
[48:35] | I’d really like to know, Dad. | 我真的想知道 爸爸 |
[48:39] | Know what? | 知道什么 |
[48:42] | Nellie didn’t kill herself. | 奈莉没自杀 |
[48:44] | Luke. | 卢克 |
[48:45] | – Let’s not do this again. – She didn’t. | -别说了 -她没有 |
[48:47] | – And Dad knows it, too. – Oh, does he? | -爸爸也知道 -是吗 |
[48:48] | I don’t think Mom did either. Dad said that– | 妈妈也不是自杀的 爸爸说 |
[48:50] | “Dad said.” | 爸爸说 |
[48:52] | – Luke, Dad propped up Nell’s crazy ideas. – No– | -是爸爸给奈尔灌输的胡话 -不 |
[48:55] | – This is how that ended up. – It’s not crazy, Steve. | -结果就是这样 -不是胡话 史蒂文 |
[48:57] | As soon as we leave the room, you start working on him, too? | 我们一走 你就开始给他灌输了 |
[49:00] | – No, Steve. – No, let’s hear it. | -不 史蒂文 -听听吧 |
[49:02] | No, I don’t want to upset anyone any more | 不 我不想让你们 |
[49:05] | than we’re already upset. | 更难过了 |
[49:05] | – No, just get it all out. – It’s not– | -不 说出来吧 -不 |
[49:11] | No, he’s not gonna want to hear that from me.. | 不 他不想听的 |
[49:13] | You see what I’m talking about? | 看到没 |
[49:14] | I don’t understand why this family has such a hard time | 我不懂为什么咱家 |
[49:17] | acknowledging mental illness. | 就是不愿意承认有精神病 |
[49:20] | Mom, Nell, Dad’s talking to himself all night. | 妈妈 奈尔 爸爸整晚都在自言自语 |
[49:23] | It’s not like that. | 不是的 |
[49:24] | Then explain yourself, finally, please. | 那请你解释一下吧 |
[49:28] | Okay. | 好 |
[49:29] | Nell didn’t kill herself, the house did. | 奈尔没有自杀 是宅子干的 |
[49:31] | You don’t understand Hill House, Steve, you never did. | 你不懂希尔大宅 史蒂文 从来都不懂 |
[49:34] | And Nell and Luke, | 奈尔和卢克 |
[49:37] | they could see its face clearer than you kids… | 比你们看得更清楚 |
[49:38] | – Jesus, Dad. – …and your mother saw it, too. | -天啊 爸爸 -你妈也看见了 |
[49:40] | And anything I did, I did it for a very good reason. | 我做得一切都是有原因的 |
[49:43] | – …all this bullshit about– – You want to hear this or not? | -太扯了 -你还听不听 |
[49:45] | – …A haunted house and you don’t get it. – I don’t get it? | -总扯什么鬼屋 你不懂 -我不懂 |
[49:48] | You don’t get it. You’re the ghost. You are, Dad. | 你就是不懂 你是鬼 爸爸 |
[49:52] | – You’re the spectral presence– – Come on, Steve. | -你就像鬼魂 -行了 史蒂文 |
[49:54] | – I can see right through you. – Yeah? | -我能看透你 -是吗 |
[49:56] | And the only difference | 你和那些 |
[49:57] | between you and the stuff of campfire stories | 篝火故事的唯一区别 |
[49:59] | is that you keep getting older. | 就是你会变老 |
[50:01] | I just tried to keep your kids safe | 我只是在保护你们的安全 |
[50:03] | and to protect what memories you kids still have of your poor mother. | 让你们保留对可怜母亲的回忆 |
[50:06] | – This is what got into her head! – You’ve never understood. | -她就是这样糊涂的 -你不懂 |
[50:08] | – This is what made her sick. – Your problem– | -所以她才病的 -你的问题 |
[50:10] | – It’s always been your problem. – My problem? | -都是你的问题 -我的问题 |
[50:12] | You think you know what happened that night? | 你以为你知道那晚发生了什么 |
[50:14] | – You don’t know– – My problem is that the wrong parent died! | -你不知道 -该死的不是妈妈 |
[50:49] | Let’s… | 我们 |
[50:54] | – One, two… – Let’s go. | -一 二 -用力 |
[50:56] | Three. | 三 |
[50:59] | Okay, down. | 好 放下 |
[51:00] | Set it down. | 放下 |
[51:16] | I… | 我 |
[51:18] | I have to fix her makeup. | 我要给她补妆 |
[51:25] | I’ll get my kit. | 我去拿化妆包 |
[52:15] | It’s all right, boys. | 没事了 孩子们 |
[52:42] | Wait. | 等等 |
[52:55] | Shirley. | 谢丽 |
[52:56] | Shirley, wait. | 谢丽 等等 |
[52:59] | Nellie… | 奈莉 |
[53:01] | There you are. We were worried sick. | 你在这 我们好担心你 |
[53:09] | Where did you go? | 你去哪了 |
[53:10] | I was… here. | 我在这里 |
[53:13] | I was right here. | 我就在这 |
[53:15] | Oh, honey, you’re freezing. | 亲爱的 你好凉 |
[53:17] | I was right here and I was screaming and shouting | 我就在这大喊大叫 |
[53:19] | and none of you could see me. | 你们都没看到我 |
[53:22] | Why couldn’t you see me? | 为什么看不到我 |
[53:24] | – It’s okay, baby. – I waved and jumped and screamed, | -没事的 宝贝 -我边跳边大叫 |
[53:27] | and you didn’t even look. | 你们都不看我一样 |
[53:29] | – None of you even looked. – So sorry. | -你们都没看 -很抱歉 |
[53:31] | We’re so sorry. | 非常抱歉 |
[53:38] | Come on, we’ll see her tomorrow. | 走吧 我们明天来看她 |
[53:46] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[54:00] | Don’t do that ever again. | 别这样了 |
[54:04] | Don’t do that ever again. | 别这样了 |
[54:06] | Ever. | 不要 |
[54:08] | I thought the house things had got you. I thought they took you. | 我以为大宅里的东西把你抓走了 |
[54:13] | I’m so glad you’re okay. | 还好你没事 |
[54:18] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[54:27] | I’ll never let you go again. Never again. | 我不会再让你走了 |
[54:31] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[54:35] | I was right here. | 我就在这 |
[54:37] | I didn’t go anywhere. | 哪也没去 |
[54:40] | I was right here. I was right here… | 就在这 就在这 |
[54:45] | the whole time. None of you could see me. | 一直在这 你们都看不见我 |
[54:51] | Nobody could see me. | 没人能看见我 |