时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:19] | The big question is, how aggressive do you want to be? | 关键的问题是 你们的决心有多大 |
[01:22] | Very aggressive. We don’t want to lose any more time. | 决心很大 我们不想再浪费时间 |
[01:25] | You’ve been trying for… two years? | 你们试了有两年了 |
[01:28] | And four months. | 两年零四个月 |
[01:30] | I have the app monitoring ovulation, | 我有个程序监测排卵 |
[01:33] | taking temperature and mucus levels, | 记录体温和粘液水平 |
[01:35] | we’ve been planning and pacing intercourse. | 我们据此安排房事 |
[01:39] | It’s been very romantic. | 相当浪漫了 |
[01:41] | So we’re looking at IUI or IVF. | 可以选择宫腔内或者体外 |
[01:43] | – IUI is the least invasive. – And outpatient. | -宫腔内最简便 -而且不用住院 |
[01:47] | IUI…? | 宫腔内 |
[01:48] | Didn’t you read the thing? I told you to read it. | 没看资料吗 我让你看的 |
[01:50] | Intrauterine insemination. | 宫腔内人工授精 |
[01:52] | The sperm are injected directly into the uterus. | 将精子直接输入子宫 |
[01:54] | – And yes, it’s outpatient – Let’s start there. | -对 不用住院 -那就先找个吧 |
[01:56] | You’re 39, Steven? | 史蒂文 你39岁 |
[01:59] | Okay, we’ll test your sperm for count and motility percentage. | 好 我们会检查你精子的数量和活力 |
[02:02] | And how far away are we from your period, Leigh? | 你离下次经期还有多久 莉 |
[02:04] | It’s unpredictable. A week, maybe ten days. | 说不准 一周吧 可能十天 |
[02:07] | Your cycle’s unpredictable? | 你经期不准 |
[02:10] | Is that a problem? | 有问题吗 |
[02:12] | Possibly, possibly not. | 可能有 也可能没有 |
[02:14] | That and your age are all factors. | 经期以及你的年龄都是影响因素 |
[02:16] | Over 35, the situation becomes more difficult. | 过了35岁 会更困难一些 |
[02:19] | But very often it’s manageable. | 但通常都是可以解决的 |
[02:21] | But it might be likely that based on your test results, | 不过有可能根据你们的检查结果 |
[02:23] | we go straight to in vitro. | 直接做体外试管 |
[02:25] | Will Insurance help with that? | 能走保险吗 |
[02:27] | Most companies won’t cover IVF, | 多数保险公司不保体外人工授精 |
[02:29] | but very often the genetic testing for the man will be covered. | 不过通常男性基因检测可以走保险 |
[02:32] | Oh, that sounds fair. | 那还行 |
[02:34] | All right, so, Steven, when can we schedule your tests? | 好了 史蒂文 什么时候给你检测 |
[02:37] | Which tests? | 什么检测 |
[02:39] | A blood panel for chromosomal diagnosis, | 验血做染色体诊断 |
[02:41] | a sample of your semen. | 精子采样 |
[02:43] | When did you last ejaculate? | 你上一次射精是什么时候 |
[02:45] | A week. | 一周前 |
[02:47] | Maybe less. | 可能不到 |
[02:48] | No, it’s two weeks. | 不 是两周 |
[02:49] | When– | 当时… |
[02:53] | We’ll need to reschedule it for another time. | 那我们重新安排时间吧 |
[02:55] | We need you within three to five days after. | 过三到五天再来 |
[03:02] | Homework, honey. | 家庭作业 亲爱的 |
[03:08] | We gotta talk. | 我们得谈一下 |
[03:11] | About what? | 谈什么 |
[03:14] | Steve? | 史蒂文 |
[03:17] | Steve! | 史蒂文 |
[03:20] | Steve. | 史蒂文 |
[03:22] | Steve! | 史蒂文 |
[03:27] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[03:30] | – I’ll just– – I can fix this. | -我来… -我能弄好 |
[03:32] | No, I don’t want to cancel it, I just wanted a usage alert. | 不要销卡 用卡时通知我就行 |
[03:36] | So you’ll text me next time it’s used? | 下次用卡你们会给我发短信 |
[03:40] | Okay. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[03:43] | He hasn’t used the credit card yet. | 他还没用信用卡 |
[03:44] | They’re going to send me an alert when he does. | 他用时银行会给我发短信 |
[03:46] | We can get a location from that. | 到时可以查到地址 |
[03:48] | God, I hope he… | 天啊 希望他 |
[03:51] | just tries an ATM and doesn’t trade the card for dope. | 用自动提款机 而不是把卡卖了换毒品 |
[03:54] | Does he have your PIN? | 他知道密码吗 |
[03:56] | Are you kidding? | 开什么玩笑 |
[03:56] | Why would he try an ATM? | 那为什么会去用自动提款机 |
[03:58] | I’m sorry, Steve. Do you have a better suggestion? | 不好意思 史蒂文 你有更好的办法吗 |
[04:01] | He took the card to use the card, | 他拿卡就是为了用的 |
[04:03] | and now we’ll know if he does. | 他用的话 我们就知道了 |
[04:08] | He didn’t have to break the house. | 不用砸了这儿 |
[04:10] | No, I don’t think he did. | 我觉得不是他做的 |
[04:12] | Me neither. | 我也这么觉得 |
[04:13] | Someone ask you what you think, Theodora? | 有人问你意见了吗 西奥朵拉 |
[04:16] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[04:17] | If it wasn’t Luke, who was it? | 如果不是卢克 那会是谁 |
[04:19] | Maybe one of your kids. | 可能是你的孩子 |
[04:21] | Yeah, that makes sense. | 对 有道理 |
[04:22] | It’s probably my kids. | 应该是我的孩子 |
[04:24] | Or maybe it was the guy who just stole a car | 也可能是那个家伙 |
[04:27] | to put a needle in his arm. | 偷车吸毒的家伙 |
[04:28] | I’m worried about a lot more than that. | 我担心的不止是这个 |
[04:30] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[04:31] | I mean, that suicides can cluster in families, | 自杀会扎堆 |
[04:35] | especially twins. | 尤其是双胞胎 |
[04:37] | If they lose a twin, | 如果其中一个自杀 |
[04:39] | the odds go up. | 另一个自杀的概率上升 |
[04:41] | He may not be planning to come home. | 他可能不打算回家了 |
[04:46] | Where– Where would he go? | 他会去哪 |
[04:48] | He could be anywhere. | 哪里都有可能 |
[04:50] | He was picked up off Mass Ave a few times | 他住这里的时候 |
[04:53] | when he was living here. | 去过几次马萨大街 |
[04:54] | Methadone Mile. | 美沙酮一条街 |
[04:56] | – What’s that? – Mass Ave, south of downtown. | -那是哪 -南城的马萨大街 |
[04:59] | It’s basically an open-air drug market. | 基本就是露天毒品市场 |
[05:02] | I remember it. | 我记得 |
[05:04] | – I’ll go look for him. – It’s a waste of gas. | -我去找找看 -浪费汽油 |
[05:06] | – He could be anywhere. – Yeah, I’ll go with you. | -谁知道他在哪 -嗯 我跟你一起去 |
[05:09] | – I got this. – Just wait a bit. | -我去行了 -先等等 |
[05:11] | – We’ll see if he’s using the card. – Call me if he does. | -看他会不会用卡 -用的话给我打电话 |
[05:13] | Are you gonna drive in circles? | 你打算开车来回兜圈 |
[05:15] | – Hope he’s standing on some corner? – Maybe, I don’t know. | -指望他站在哪个路口 -可能 不知道 |
[05:18] | We’re really not going to tell them what we saw? | 真的不告诉他们我们看见了什么 |
[05:25] | Damn it, Luke. | 妈的 卢克 |
[05:35] | We going or what? | 我们到底去不去 |
[05:38] | I just want to help. | 我只是想帮忙 |
[05:41] | I just want to help. | 我只是想帮忙 |
[05:44] | Look, bud, I know you do, | 孩子 我知道你想帮忙 |
[05:46] | but I’m gonna start using some really strong chemicals down here… | 不过我在用比较强的化学剂 |
[05:49] | …and it just isn’t safe. | 不太安全 |
[05:51] | I can help with something else, then. | 那我可以帮忙做别的 |
[05:53] | Look, pal, | 这个嘛 |
[05:55] | I’ve already hired all the help I can afford | 我已经花了不少钱找人帮忙 |
[05:57] | just to get everything else finished by the end of summer. | 赶在夏天结束之前都弄好 |
[06:02] | I could use your help with something, though. | 不过有件事我需要你帮忙 |
[06:05] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[06:07] | See, your mom’s going to go to your Aunt Janet’s in a few days | 过几天你妈要去珍妮特姨妈那里 |
[06:11] | and stay a bit. | 住一段时间 |
[06:12] | Maybe a week. | 可能一周 |
[06:14] | How come? | 为什么 |
[06:16] | Well, you know, she’s been cooped up | 整个夏天她都 |
[06:17] | in this house all summer and… | 待在大宅没出去 |
[06:20] | Anyway, I know it’s not the most exciting thing, but | 我知道这事可能不是很有意思 |
[06:23] | I could really use your help | 不过我真的需要你帮忙 |
[06:25] | watching your brother and your sisters while she’s away. | 妈妈不在时 照顾弟弟妹妹们 |
[06:28] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[06:29] | Yeah, I got you. | 好的 没问题 |
[06:31] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:02] | Mom? | 妈 |
[07:04] | What do you mean, sweetheart? | 你说什么 亲爱的 |
[07:06] | Of course you’re safe with me. | 你和我一起当然安全 |
[07:09] | Mom. | 妈 |
[07:12] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[07:15] | Where… | 在哪 |
[07:17] | Where are the twins? | 他们兄妹俩在哪 |
[07:18] | Downstairs. | 楼下 |
[07:22] | Of course. | 好的 |
[07:23] | – Are you sure–? – I’m fine, sweetie. I’m fine. | -你真的没事 -我没事 亲爱的 |
[07:52] | Okay, thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[07:55] | Well, he’s– he’s not at Holy Family. | 他不在圣家医院 |
[07:57] | We’ll, he’s probably not going to instantly OD. | 他大概不会一下子吸毒过量 |
[08:00] | You’re going to call every hospital in Boston? That the plan? | 你打算把波士顿的医院都问一遍吗 |
[08:03] | What, you’re going to just drive around, | 你打算开车到处逛 |
[08:04] | hope we spot him in a city of 700,000–? | 希望在70万人里刚好遇见他 |
[08:06] | I’m not looking for him. | 我不是找他 |
[08:08] | I’m looking for a beat-up green Jeep with not one, | 我在找一辆绿色的破吉普 |
[08:10] | but two Ani DiFranco bumper stickers, | 上面贴着两张安妮·迪芙兰蔻的贴纸 |
[08:12] | and I’m looking for it where I know he used to score. | 而且是到他以前经常去的地方找 |
[08:15] | Gotta do something. | 总得做点什么 |
[08:17] | Yeah, we do. | 没错 |
[08:21] | So, um… | 那… |
[08:24] | What’s going on? | 怎么样了 |
[08:26] | What’s going on with you and Leigh? | 你和莉怎么样了 |
[08:28] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[08:30] | Well, I mean… how’s your marriage? | 我是说你们婚姻生活怎么样 |
[08:34] | You’re kidding, right? | 你不是吧 |
[08:35] | You’re not living at home, and | 你不住在家 |
[08:36] | I couldn’t help but notice at the funeral– | 葬礼上我无心留意到 |
[08:38] | – You aren’t seriously doing this. – Well, yeah, I am. I– | -你不是真的要问这个吧 -是的 |
[08:41] | Jesus Christ, Dad, you’re out of line. | 天啊 老爸 你太过分了 |
[08:44] | We might be in the car for a while, and so I thought to myself, | 我们得在车里待一段时间了 我想着 |
[08:47] | “I’m going to ask my son about his life.” What’s wrong with that? | 问问儿子和儿媳的情况 有什么问题 |
[08:49] | Doesn’t work that way, Dad. | 这样不行 老爸 |
[08:54] | Your mom and I were married 15 years. | 我和你妈结婚15年 |
[08:59] | Together five before that. | 结婚前在一起五年 |
[09:04] | She used to say she was the kite and I was the line. | 她以前常说 她是风筝我是线 |
[09:07] | She was a… creature of the clouds | 她说自己活在天上 |
[09:10] | and… and I was a creature of the earth. | 而我活在地上 |
[09:14] | And she’d say that without me she’d become untethered | 她说没有我 就没人拴着她了 |
[09:17] | and she would float away up into the… | 她就会飘走 |
[09:20] | And then without her, I would just, you know, | 而离开她 我就会 |
[09:23] | crash, just drop right down to the ground, | 就会摔到地上 |
[09:26] | and, you know. | 你懂的 |
[09:27] | But… together… | 但是在一起 |
[09:31] | we… | 我们… |
[09:37] | You know, we separated. | 我们曾分居过 |
[09:39] | You… You didn’t know that, probably. | 你应该不知道 |
[09:42] | Briefly, we separated. You were one year old. | 短暂分居的时候 你才一岁 |
[09:46] | Stupidest thing I ever did. | 我做过最愚蠢的事情 |
[09:47] | You know, I made some stupid proclamation and that was it. | 我说了一些傻话 结果就这样 |
[09:50] | Two weeks. | 两周 |
[09:52] | Two weeks. I don’t even know | 两周 我都不知道 |
[09:54] | how we got there. I just know we fought. | 怎么会走到那一步 我只知道我们吵架了 |
[09:56] | I don’t know what we fought about, | 吵什么我都不知道 |
[09:57] | but I finally came to my senses, and… | 但后来我冷静下来 |
[10:02] | I thought, “What the hell, you stupid asshole. | 我想 什么玩意儿啊 你个傻逼 |
[10:04] | What are you, insane?” | 你是不是疯了 |
[10:06] | So, you know, I came back and knocked on the door, | 于是我回去敲门 |
[10:08] | she answered it, she put her arms around me, | 她应了门 拥抱了我 |
[10:10] | she kissed me, she forgave me with her eyes, and… | 亲了我 眼神原谅了我 然后 |
[10:15] | She handed you to me. | 把你递给我 |
[10:16] | I had you in one arm and her in the other and that was it. | 我一手抱着你 一手抱着她 |
[10:22] | We were back at it. | 我们和好了 |
[10:26] | And Shirley came along and… | 后来有了谢丽 |
[10:29] | from that moment on, we were on the same team. | 从那时起 我们一直夫妻同心 |
[10:31] | You know, we still fought sometimes, | 虽然偶尔还是会吵架 |
[10:34] | but it was… | 但是 |
[10:35] | it was different. We fought with love. She taught me that. | 但不一样了 我们带着爱意吵架 她教我的 |
[10:38] | You fight with love. | 带着爱意吵架 |
[10:40] | Yeah, when you’re… | 当你们 |
[10:43] | You’re on the same team even in the middle of a fight. | 夫妻同心时 即便吵架时也是一样 |
[10:46] | During the fight, | 吵架的时候 |
[10:48] | you’re… you’re forgiven. | 会原谅对方 |
[10:50] | There’s no fear. There’s no danger. You’re safe. | 没有恐惧 没有危险 非常安全 |
[10:54] | I hope, really, you get to experience that sometime. | 我真希望你以后也能体会到这点 |
[10:57] | It’s a… | 这样 |
[10:58] | It’s a beautiful way to be. | 这样非常好 |
[11:03] | You know, look, we weren’t perfect… | 我们并不完美 |
[11:07] | but we were always kind. | 但我们总是很宽容 |
[11:09] | And we loved each other hard. | 努力地爱着彼此 |
[11:13] | And I love her today just as much as I did in the beginning. | 我今天对她的爱就和当初一样 |
[11:20] | The kite and the line. | 就像风筝和线 |
[11:26] | So whatever you need to fix between you and Leigh… | 真心希望你和莉之间的问题 |
[11:31] | I really hope you do. | 能够解决 |
[11:36] | And… | 还有… |
[11:39] | That’s all I… That’s all I really wanted to say. | 没了 我就是想说这些 |
[11:45] | Candy, candy, candy, candy! | 糖果 糖果 |
[11:47] | Sure you won’t come with us? | 真不跟我们一起去 |
[11:49] | You guys have fun. | 你们好好玩 |
[11:50] | Come on, Mom, candy! | 去吧 妈 拿糖果 |
[11:52] | We’ll bring her back some. Mom’s had a very hard day. | 给她带点回来 你妈今天很辛苦 |
[11:55] | Would you stop that? | 别再这样了好吗 |
[11:57] | I’m still disappointed you’re not going as Captain Lame. | 你不扮没劲队长我还是有点失望 |
[12:00] | I swear to God, Dad. | 我向上帝发誓 爸 |
[12:01] | Candy, candy, candy! | 糖果 糖果 |
[12:05] | Can we talk when I get back? | 回来后我们再谈好吗 |
[12:08] | How? You’ll be back at the hotel. | 怎么谈 你直接回酒店 |
[12:11] | Okay. Okay, Shirl. | 好吧 谢丽 |
[12:16] | Stop. | 别这样 |
[12:17] | – Let’s go. – Turn off the porch light. | -走吧 -把门廊灯关掉 |
[12:20] | I can’t handle trick-or-treaters tonight. | 今晚我无力应付要糖果的小孩了 |
[12:24] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[12:27] | You guys have fun. | 你们好好玩 |
[12:59] | What the hell? | 什么情况 |
[13:13] | Sorry, no candy here. | 抱歉 这里没有糖果 |
[13:22] | Goddamn light’s off. | 灯都关了 |
[13:45] | I’m gonna call the hospitals again. | 我再给医院打电话看看 |
[13:47] | – Maybe he just forgot his ID. – And ask them what? | -可能他把证件号忘了 -问什么 |
[13:49] | If they’ve seen a junkie in a funeral suit? | 有没有看见穿着丧服的瘾君子 |
[13:51] | He’s 90 days clean and he’s your brother. | 他戒毒90天了 他是你弟弟 |
[13:54] | He’s a good man, Steve. | 他是好人 史蒂文 |
[13:55] | They’re not mutually exclusive. | 并不互相矛盾 |
[13:57] | He’s my brother, but he’s a junkie. | 他是我弟 也是瘾君子 |
[14:02] | We’re not going to find him like this. | 这样找不到他的 |
[14:04] | – You didn’t have to come. – Yeah, I did. | -你不必来的 -我得来 |
[14:06] | – No, you really didn’t. – Yeah, I did, Steve. | -真的不必 -我得来 史蒂文 |
[14:10] | He’s my son. You know? My… | 他是我儿子 我的… |
[14:12] | I don’t know what I’d do if I lost him, any of you. | 如果失去他或你们任何一个 我该怎么办 |
[14:18] | Yeah, I had to come. | 是的 我必须来 |
[14:21] | I can’t… I can’t lose… | 我不能再失去 |
[14:24] | I can’t lose anyone else. | 我不能再失去谁了 |
[14:28] | One day when you have children, you’ll understand that. | 以后有了孩子你就明白了 |
[14:30] | I’m never having children. | 我永远不会有孩子 |
[14:33] | Well, that’s… that’s a shame. | 那真遗憾 |
[14:36] | ‘Cause you kids are the best thing in my life. | 因为有你们几个孩子是我一生最幸福的事 |
[14:39] | You mean Aunt Janet’s life? | 你说的是珍妮特姨妈吧 |
[14:41] | She’s the one who raised your kids, didn’t she? | 是她养大了你的孩子 对吧 |
[14:43] | – You don’t know what it was like. – You never told me. | -你不了解情况 -你也没跟我说 |
[14:45] | Everything I did, I did to protect you. | 我做的一切都是为了保护你们 |
[14:46] | To protect us, I know, yeah. | 为了保护我们 我知道 |
[14:49] | Just like you protected mom. | 就像你保护妈那样 |
[14:52] | Here we go. | 又来了 |
[14:53] | I saw the police reports. | 警察的报告我看了 |
[14:58] | Her skull cracked like a melon– | 头骨像西瓜一样碎了 |
[14:59] | All right, Steve, why don’t you just–? | 好了 史蒂文 你怎么就不能 |
[15:02] | There was blood all over the library carpet. | 图书室地的毯上到处都是血 |
[15:05] | There were bruises on her upper arms | 上臂有淤痕 |
[15:07] | because someone grabbed her pretty hard. | 因为有人用力抓她 |
[15:10] | – Okay, Steve… – And a contusion | -好了 史蒂文 -脑后有淤伤 |
[15:11] | on the back of her head from being shoved into a wall? | 因为有人把她的头往墙上撞 |
[15:16] | Her ankle was twisted, so she was limping, | 她脚踝扭伤 所以才一瘸一拐 |
[15:18] | she was bruised to hell, depressed out of her mind, | 全身淤伤 精神抑郁 |
[15:20] | unmedicated, untreated, and abandoned. | 没吃药 没治疗 被遗弃了 |
[15:23] | It wasn’t like that. | 不是这样的 |
[15:25] | I did my best. You have no idea– | 我尽力了 你不知道… |
[15:27] | You threw us in car, you left her there alone, | 你把我们扔上车 把她一个人留下 |
[15:30] | and she threw herself off the goddamn staircase, | 她从楼梯上跳下来 |
[15:32] | – and that was your best? – All right, well, | -你这就算是尽力了 -好吧 |
[15:34] | she should not have been left alone in the house– | 不应该把她一个人留在那房子里 |
[15:36] | Fuck the house. It wasn’t the house. She was sick. | 去他妈的房子 不是房子的问题 是她病了 |
[15:39] | She was sick in her mind, and the one person, | 她精神有病 而那个人 |
[15:42] | the one person that was supposed to take care of her | 那个应该照顾她的人 |
[15:44] | didn’t do a goddamn thing to get her help. | 却丝毫没有帮过她 |
[15:53] | I miss her. | 我想她 |
[15:57] | I miss my mom. | 我想我妈 |
[16:02] | I miss her too. | 我也想她 |
[16:07] | It’s certainly beautiful. Where did you find it? | 确实很漂亮 哪里找到的 |
[16:11] | The game room. | 游戏房 |
[16:13] | – The what room? – Upstairs. | -什么房 -在楼上 |
[16:14] | You know, I think a little paint, maybe fix those doors, | 我觉得刷点油漆 修一下拉门 |
[16:17] | – and she might really love it. – I’m sure she will. | -她会很喜欢的 -她肯定喜欢 |
[16:20] | So do you know where the paint and stuff is? | 知道油漆什么的在哪里吗 |
[16:23] | – Why don’t you ask your father? – I did. He’s busy. | -去问问你父亲吧 -问了 他很忙 |
[16:26] | He said if it wasn’t tagged for sale, | 他说只要没有标记出售 |
[16:27] | I could do whatever I wanted. | 随我怎么弄 |
[16:29] | And it’s not tagged for sale. | 确实没有标记出售 |
[16:31] | Well, I do know where some paint is. | 我知道油漆放在哪 |
[16:38] | I thought so. | 还真是 |
[16:40] | This must have been Poppy’s. | 肯定是波比的 |
[16:42] | Poppy? | 波比 |
[16:45] | Poppy Hill. | 波比·希尔 |
[16:47] | She was William’s wife. | 威廉的太太 |
[16:49] | She was insane. | 她是疯子 |
[16:51] | Yeah, she looks kind of wild. | 嗯 看起来挺野的 |
[16:53] | No, I mean clinically. | 不 我是说精神不正常 |
[16:55] | So was he. | 他也是 |
[16:57] | William’s parents sent him to an institution when he was a kid. | 威廉小时就被父母送去一个地方 |
[17:00] | They called it private school, but it wasn’t a school, though. | 说是叫私人学校 其实不是学校 |
[17:03] | It was just a place where rich parents hid their embarrassments. | 只是有钱的父母用于遮羞的地方 |
[17:08] | They met in the mental institution. | 他们在精神病院相遇 |
[17:11] | They fell in love in an asylum. | 他们相爱了 |
[17:12] | She was insane. | 她精神失常 |
[17:16] | Did you know her? | 你认识她 |
[17:18] | Oh, yes. | 认识 |
[17:19] | She was just as crazy, just older. | 她老了也一样不正常 |
[17:23] | She was a beautiful young woman in her time, though. | 不过年轻时确实漂亮 |
[17:29] | No doubt about that. | 毫无疑问 |
[17:39] | If you really want this to be a surprise for your mom, | 如果你真的想给妈妈惊喜 |
[17:42] | I’d suggest you don’t work on it in your room. | 我建议别在你房间弄 |
[18:43] | Just take the fucking candy and go. | 拿好糖果给我走 |
[19:07] | You’re very clever. | 挺聪明的 |
[19:09] | How about you try another house? I’m not in the fucking mood! | 去别家吧 我真的没心情 |
[19:44] | What the fuck do you want? | 你到底想干什么 |
[19:51] | I was just coming to apologize. | 我来道歉的 |
[19:54] | Who are you yelling at? | 你吼谁呢 |
[19:57] | Some fucking kids are… | 小屁孩们正… |
[20:00] | Forget it. | 算了 |
[20:09] | – Wait. – Not now. | -等等 -现在别说了 |
[20:10] | – I can explain. – I doubt that. | -让我解释 -怕是解释不清 |
[20:12] | – Shouldn’t you be packing? – I know what it looked like last night. | -你不是该收拾打包吗 -我知道昨晚让人误会 |
[20:14] | You were making out with my husband. | 你在和我丈夫亲热 |
[20:16] | No. No, there was no actual… | 不 不 其实没有… |
[20:18] | Okay, so from what I can remember, which isn’t a lot actually, | 虽然记住的不多了 不过我记得 |
[20:21] | – he pushed me away. – Is that supposed to make this better? | -他把我推开了 -这样就好点了吗 |
[20:23] | If it wasn’t even him. | 根本不是他 |
[20:25] | It wasn’t… I didn’t see him. It wasn’t about him. | 我没看见他 不是去找他 |
[20:28] | It’s about you getting out of my guest house | 你赶紧从我家客房走人吧 |
[20:30] | and off my fucking property. | 赶紧走 |
[20:31] | If you would just let me talk. | 让我把话说完 |
[20:33] | I don’t care what you have to say. | 你想说什么我无所谓 |
[20:34] | Don’t you understand? Get out! | 明白吗 走 |
[20:37] | You are impossible. Do you know that? | 你不可理喻 知道吗 |
[20:38] | I’m sorry, have I offended you? | 对不起 我冒犯你了吗 |
[20:40] | You are always throwing it in my face | 总是当面说什么 |
[20:41] | that I live in your guest house. | 我住在你家客房 |
[20:43] | Won’t happen again. | 以后不会了 |
[20:44] | I choose to live there, Shirley. | 我自己选择住在这里 谢丽 |
[20:46] | – With you, for you. – Oh, I can’t thank you enough. | -和你一起 为了你 -真是感谢你了 |
[20:48] | You ice people out. | 你拒人千里 |
[20:50] | – You always have. – I ice people out? | -一向如此 -我拒人千里 |
[20:52] | Have you met yourself? | 那你算是什么 |
[20:53] | And so I chose to live there to help try and keep you warm. | 我选择住在这里 为了让你感到温暖 |
[20:56] | You fucking suck at apologies. | 你真不会道歉 |
[20:58] | I don’t have to live in your guest house. | 我没必要住你家客房 |
[21:00] | I’m not some bohemian weirdo. | 我又不是什么浪荡怪人 |
[21:02] | I’m an adult. | 我是成年人 |
[21:03] | I am a fucking doctor. | 我是个博士 |
[21:04] | You’re a fucking slut. | 你是个婊子 |
[21:08] | I just need you to know | 我只要你知道 |
[21:09] | that it wasn’t Kevin’s fault and he didn’t do anything– | 不是凯文的错 他什么都没做 |
[21:11] | Don’t you fucking dare defend my husband. | 轮不到你帮我丈夫说话 |
[21:14] | All of us, all of us are just always helping you | 我们一直都在帮你 |
[21:17] | keep up this idea in your head that you’re perfect Shirley, | 帮你维持你心中完美谢丽的形象 |
[21:20] | and we’re just a bunch of fuck-ups fucking up. | 而我们只是一群混蛋搞砸了 |
[21:21] | – Perfect Shirley’s perfect fucking– – Out! | -完美的谢丽完美的…. -滚 |
[21:25] | No! | 不 |
[21:25] | You do not just get to shut me out of your– | 你不能这样轰我走 |
[21:33] | Did you just punch me in the boob? | 你打我的胸 |
[21:36] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[21:38] | Yeah! | 是的 |
[21:40] | If you kiss my husband, that’s what you get. | 你亲我丈夫 就是这个下场 |
[21:42] | You get punched in the fucking boob. | 你就要被捶胸 |
[21:45] | And you get evicted -from my fucking house. | 而且你也要被轰出我家 |
[22:57] | Shirl? | 谢丽 |
[22:59] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[23:01] | They… | 他们 |
[23:04] | Sorry, they… | 抱歉 他们 |
[23:07] | They got a hit. | 查到了 |
[23:09] | He used the card at a gas station. | 他在一个加油站刷卡 |
[23:12] | 202, just east of Amherst. | 202号公路 阿默斯特东部 |
[23:16] | Amherst? | 阿默斯特 |
[23:18] | Can you text me the address? | 地址发短信给我吧 |
[23:23] | – Shirl? – Yeah. | -谢丽 -嗯 |
[23:25] | I’m here. Sorry. | 我在听 抱歉 |
[23:28] | Yeah, I’ll… I’ll text you the address. | 好 地址发短信给你 |
[23:31] | – Amherst is on the way– – Yeah, I know where it is. | -阿默斯特在… -我知道在哪里 |
[23:33] | You guys are gonna stay there, we’re gonna go to Amherst. | 你们留在家里 我们去阿默斯特 |
[23:36] | I’m saying, if he’s stopping in Amherst, he’s heading– | 我是说 如果在阿默斯特加油 他要去 |
[23:39] | Shirley, listen to me, you’re gonna stay put. | 谢丽 听我说 你们留在家 |
[23:41] | – You hear me? – Tell them what happened. | -听见没 -跟他们说刚才发生了什么 |
[23:44] | Tell them what just happened. | 跟他们说刚才发生了什么 |
[23:48] | I’ll text you. | 我给你发短信 |
[23:50] | Some fucking kids playing a prank is what happened. | 只不过是小孩子们在恶作剧 |
[23:53] | You know it wasn’t. | 你知道不是 |
[23:55] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[23:57] | That’s not the only thing like that that’s happened here tonight. | 今晚这种事也不是第一次了 |
[24:05] | I think Luke is going to the house. | 我想卢克是要去大宅 |
[24:08] | Of course he is. | 没错 |
[24:10] | The goddamn house. | 该死的大宅 |
[24:13] | It was a good enough spot for Nell, | 奈尔选择死在那里 |
[24:14] | it’s a good enough spot for Luke. | 卢克也会选那里的 |
[24:16] | He always wanted to do what she did his whole life. | 他一辈子都想做奈尔做的事 |
[24:18] | You think you know. | 你认为自己明白 |
[24:19] | And you just don’t, you don’t understand. | 其实你不明白 |
[24:21] | Last time I saw Mom, | 我最后一次看见妈 |
[24:24] | the look in her eye, | 看着她的眼睛 |
[24:26] | I’ve seen that look. | 我见过这种表情 |
[24:27] | And Nell over the years, and Luke, from the start, | 奈尔这么多年 而卢克从一开始 |
[24:31] | from when he’d sit there drawing crazy ghouls in his treehouse, | 从小时候他坐在树屋里画鬼开始 |
[24:35] | and, hell, I’ve seen that look in the mirror. | 妈的 我在镜子里看见过这种表情 |
[24:39] | Our family has a disease that’s never been treated, | 我们家的病从来没有治疗过 |
[24:42] | because it was easier to listen to your crazy stories | 因为听你说鬼屋的鬼故事 |
[24:44] | about an evil house. | 更容易 |
[24:48] | You think you saw it in the mirror? | 你认为自己在镜子里看到了 |
[24:49] | That’s why you think you’ll never have kids? | 所以想不生孩子 |
[24:51] | Oh, I know I’m never having children. | 我知道自己绝不会生孩子 |
[24:52] | Because you think that they’ll | 因为你认为孩子 |
[24:54] | just have the same imaginary sickness? | 会有同样的臆想症 |
[24:56] | They would. We all do. | 肯定的 我们都有 |
[24:58] | Nell was delusional, depressed, | 奈尔有臆想症 忧郁症 |
[25:00] | Luke’s an addict, Shirley is a control freak, | 卢克是瘾君子 谢丽是控制狂 |
[25:03] | and Theo’s basically a clenched fist with hair. | 西奥基本上就是一个长了头发的拳头 |
[25:07] | The whole fucking family is on the brink of a breakdown | 全家都在崩溃的边缘 |
[25:10] | and seeing things that aren’t there, | 看见不存在的东西 |
[25:11] | hearing things that aren’t there, | 听见不存在的东西 |
[25:13] | and that shit happened after the house. | 离开大宅后依然如此 |
[25:16] | It’s not the house. | 不是大宅的问题 |
[25:17] | There’s something wrong with our goddamn brains. | 是我们的脑子有问题 |
[25:20] | So yeah, I’m never having children. | 所以我永远不会生孩子 |
[25:23] | I made sure. | 我采取了措施 |
[25:28] | A vasectomy. | 做了结扎 |
[25:31] | Right out of college. | 大学毕业就做了 |
[25:34] | And it was the right call, believe me, | 这个决定是正确的 相信我 |
[25:35] | because if I ever doubted it, | 如果我有过怀疑 |
[25:37] | some of the bullshit I’ve been hallucinating this week… | 那光是本周我幻想到的一些事 |
[25:43] | You really did? | 你真结扎了 |
[25:45] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[25:48] | Before you met Leigh? | 认识莉之前 |
[25:54] | Boy. | 天啊 |
[25:56] | You didn’t tell her? | 你没告诉她 |
[25:59] | You didn’t tell her. | 你没告诉她 |
[26:02] | No. | 没 |
[26:05] | She wanted kids, I knew that. | 她想要孩子 我知道 |
[26:08] | I kept thinking, “I’ll tell her later, now’s not the time.” | 我一直想 晚些告诉她 现在时机不对 |
[26:13] | But then we were engaged, and then we were married, | 但后来我们就订婚了 后来结婚了 |
[26:16] | and then we were trying and she was so upset it wasn’t working. | 然后我们就试着怀孩子 怀不上她很郁闷 |
[26:22] | I couldn’t say. | 我说不出口 |
[26:24] | I can’t. My genes. | 我不能生 我的基因 |
[26:27] | “My… My genes are rotten, Leigh.” | 我的基因很烂 莉 |
[26:30] | So i… i… | 所以我.. |
[26:34] | I didn’t tell her. | 我没跟她说 |
[26:37] | And I thought I was being kind, I really thought that. | 我以为自己是好心 真的 |
[26:43] | See, we’re all fucking crazy. | 看见没 我们都是疯子 |
[26:46] | The crazy Crains. | 疯子克兰一家 |
[26:49] | This sickness already killed two of us, | 疯病已经害死家里两个人 |
[26:51] | might kill a third tonight. | 今晚可能再死一个 |
[26:53] | That’s… | 差不多 |
[26:55] | almost half. | 死了一半 |
[26:59] | Be almost half of us. | 家里几乎死了一半 |
[27:04] | So, you want to tell me more about the kite and the line? | 你还要继续说风筝和线的故事吗 |
[27:09] | Or just… | 或者.. |
[27:11] | Just tell me what a shitty husband I was. | 说说我这丈夫当得多失败 |
[27:14] | Go ahead. | 说吧 |
[27:18] | I’m so sorry. | 真对不起 |
[27:20] | I’m just… | 真的 |
[27:24] | I’m just so sorry, son. | 真的很对不起 儿子 |
[27:28] | You did this? | 你弄的 |
[27:29] | This is beautiful. You did this by yourself? | 真漂亮 你自己弄的 |
[27:32] | Thought it might cheer you up. | 我觉得能哄你开心 |
[27:34] | Dad said you’ve been… | 爸说你 |
[27:36] | What? What did he say? | 什么 他说什么 |
[27:38] | I’m… I just… | 我只是 |
[27:40] | I know you’re taking a little vacation. | 我知道你要去度个小假 |
[27:42] | I wanted to cheer you up. | 我想哄你开心 |
[27:46] | Oh, sweetie. | 亲爱的 |
[27:48] | How long are you going to be gone? | 你要走多久 |
[27:50] | Oh, not long. | 不会很久 |
[27:52] | Not long, honey. | 不会很久 亲爱的 |
[27:54] | I just need a little time away. It’s nothing more than that, okay? | 我只是想离开一阵 仅此而已 好吗 |
[27:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[28:00] | This is perfect. | 太棒了 |
[28:02] | Thank you. Thank you! I love it. | 谢谢你 我很喜欢 |
[28:12] | Mom? | 妈 |
[28:20] | Oh, baby. | 宝贝 |
[28:24] | Oh, I’m so sorry. | 真对不起 |
[28:26] | This is an older picture. He would have been wearing a suit. | 这是张更老的照片 他应该穿着西装 |
[28:29] | About an hour ago. Did he come in? | 大约一小时前 他进来过吗 |
[28:30] | – Yeah, I think so. – Yeah? | -对 应该是来过 -是吗 |
[28:33] | Did he say anything weird or do anything… ? | 他有没有说或者做什么奇怪的事 |
[28:35] | He filled up his Jeep. | 他给吉普车加满了油 |
[28:36] | – Green Jeep? – That’s right. | -绿色吉普车 -没错 |
[28:38] | And then he filled up some cans, like, five cans. | 然后装了几桶油 大概五桶 |
[28:41] | Five cans, you say? | 你说五桶油 |
[28:55] | – Was it him? – Yeah. | -是他吗 -对 |
[28:58] | What are you doing? | 你干吗 |
[28:59] | – I’m driving. – No, this… | -我来开 -不行 |
[29:01] | This is my rental. | 我租的车 |
[29:08] | Jesus, Dad, slow down. | 天啊 爸 慢点 |
[29:10] | He bought five cans of gasoline. He’s not going to kill himself, | 他买了五桶汽油 他不是去自杀 |
[29:13] | – he’s going to burn the house down. – That’s a relief. | -他是要去烧了大宅 -也是解脱 |
[29:15] | He’s in more danger now than he’s ever been, | 他现在非常危险 |
[29:17] | and if he tries to burn it, it will defend itself. | 如果他想烧大宅 大宅会自卫 |
[29:20] | You really didn’t hear a word I said. | 我说的话你一个字都没听到 |
[29:22] | I did. Now you’re gonna listen to me. | 听到了 现在轮到你听我说 |
[29:25] | There’s a lot you don’t know. | 很多事你不知道 |
[29:27] | I thought I could keep you kids safe | 我以为如果你们不知道 |
[29:29] | if you didn’t know, but for 20 years | 就能保你们安全 二十年来 |
[29:31] | I’ve been holding the door closed, | 我都锁着门 |
[29:32] | ’cause I knew there were monsters on the other side, | 因为我知道门的另一边有魔鬼 |
[29:34] | do you understand me? | 明白吗 |
[29:35] | Not even a little. | 完全不明白 |
[29:36] | Our family is like an unfinished meal to that house, | 我们家就像大宅没吃完的晚餐一样 |
[29:40] | and your brother is walking right back into… | 而你弟现在送上门去了 |
[29:44] | That house is the most dangerous place in the world for all of us, | 大宅是我们的世界中最危险的地方 |
[29:49] | but especially for you. | 对你尤其如此 |
[29:51] | – For me? – Yeah, you. | -对我 -是的 你 |
[29:53] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[29:54] | Because I read your book, | 因为我看过你的书了 |
[29:56] | and you are the last person that should ever step foot in that house | 你最不应该去大宅 |
[29:59] | because of what you wrote and how you wrote it. | 因为你写的那些东西 |
[30:02] | You think you know what you saw? | 你觉得自己知道看见了什么 |
[30:05] | – You think you know what you wrote? – What? | -你觉得自己知道自己写了什么 -什么 |
[30:09] | I know you saw a ghost. | 我知道你看见了鬼 |
[30:11] | Yeah, chapter 19. | 第19章 |
[30:13] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[30:14] | That little story about the vanity you painted for your mother. | 你帮你妈油漆梳妆柜的那个小故事 |
[30:17] | That’s a story about a schizophrenic woman | 那是一个患有精神分裂症的女人 |
[30:20] | having a manic episode in front of a mirror. | 在镜子前发病的故事 |
[30:22] | You don’t understand what you wrote– | 你并不懂自己写的东西 |
[30:24] | No, I saw Mom smash that glass | 不 我看见妈把镜子打碎 |
[30:26] | – for no reason. – Before that. | -毫无原因 -再往前 |
[30:28] | Go to the beginning, that little bit, | 回到开始那点 |
[30:30] | about the vanity and why you did it. | 你为什么去弄那个梳妆柜 |
[30:32] | You found the vanity in the game room. | 你在游戏房发现梳妆柜 |
[30:34] | And you walked by the man repairing the clock, | 然后你从修钟人的身旁走过 |
[30:36] | and then you saw your mother looking into the twins’ room, | 然后看见你妈在他们姐弟俩房间 |
[30:39] | staring at their empty beds. | 盯着空床看 |
[30:40] | Textbook dissociative episode. She was not well. | 典型的解离性人格分裂阶段 她病了 |
[30:43] | No, no, not her. | 不 不是她 |
[30:44] | The man repairing the clock. | 那个修钟的人 |
[30:47] | What about him? | 他怎么了 |
[30:49] | Do you know what “witness marks” are? | 知道什么是”参考点”吗 |
[30:52] | They’re scars. | 是伤痕 |
[30:54] | Little marks inside the clock, | 钟内部的细小痕迹 |
[30:56] | scrapes, lines, divots, | 擦伤 划线 缺块 |
[30:58] | from tools, gears, | 从工具 齿轮 |
[31:00] | pieces removed from the clock. | 和钟上掉下的东西造成的 |
[31:02] | They’re basically evidence of repairs | 这些基本上是 |
[31:04] | that have been done to the clock | 修理过钟表的证据 |
[31:06] | and what the clock was. | 显示出钟的状况 |
[31:08] | You know what, and with antique clocks, | 而对于古董钟 |
[31:09] | you almost never have a repair record, | 几乎没有维修记录 |
[31:11] | so you have to learn how to read the witness marks, | 所以得学会解读参考点 |
[31:14] | so you can understand what was done to the machine | 才能够了解钟的维修记录 |
[31:16] | and how it’s meant to function. | 怎样才能走得准 |
[31:19] | Witness marks tell the story of the piece, | 参考点讲述出钟的故事 |
[31:21] | if you know how to read them. | 如果知道怎样解读 |
[31:23] | What are you trying to say? | 你想说什么 |
[31:25] | I had that clock evaluated by a professional | 搬去大宅之前 |
[31:28] | before we even moved into the house. | 我找专业人士对钟进行评估 |
[31:30] | I just wanted to know its history, know its value. | 当时只是想知道钟的历史和价值 |
[31:34] | That clock hadn’t been touched since the ’60s. | 那座钟从60年代起就没被碰过 |
[31:37] | You hired a slew of workers toward the end… | 你最后找了一群工人去 |
[31:40] | Not for that clock, I didn’t. | 我没碰那座钟 |
[31:44] | No, and if I had, it would have taken a specialist. | 如果找人的话 要找专家 |
[31:46] | There’s only a handful in the world who know how to do it right, | 世界上没几个人知道怎么弄 |
[31:48] | and they take it off-site. | 而且会拿回去修 |
[31:50] | No. No one touched that clock. There was no man there, | 没人碰过那座钟 没有修钟人 |
[31:52] | and certainly not one in old overalls with a handlebar mustache. | 没有穿着旧工装裤 留着八字胡的修钟人 |
[31:56] | That man wasn’t there. | 没有那个人 |
[31:59] | You probably just forgot. | 你肯定是忘了 |
[32:00] | You know, you think you’re writing about your crazy mom, | 你以为自己在写发疯的妈妈 |
[32:03] | your crazy brother making scary faces in the treehouse. | 发疯的弟弟在树屋里画鬼脸 |
[32:06] | You see the marks, but you don’t know how to read them. | 你看见了参考点 但不会解读 |
[32:09] | I never built you kids a treehouse. | 我从没给你们搭过树屋 |
[32:13] | What? Luke was in there all the time. | 什么 卢克总在里面玩 |
[32:14] | I used to go fetch him for dinner | 我经常去喊他吃饭 |
[32:16] | We were there flipping a house. | 我们当时在翻修房子 |
[32:18] | We were gonna be there maybe eight weeks. | 我们本打算就住八周 |
[32:20] | How would I even have the time | 我哪有时间 |
[32:22] | to build you kids a goddamn treehouse? | 给你们搭树屋 |
[32:24] | – Maybe it was already there. – There was no treehouse. | -可能原来就有 -没有树屋 |
[32:29] | Now, when we get there, you can have a look, | 到了之后 你自己看 |
[32:31] | but I have to tell you something: your mother, she was not sick. | 但我必须告诉你 你妈没有生病 |
[32:34] | She wasn’t crazy, and neither was your sister, | 她没有发疯 妹妹没有 |
[32:37] | neither is your brother, neither are you. | 弟弟没有 你也没有发疯 |
[32:39] | Whatever you saw this week, | 这星期你看见的东西 |
[32:41] | and I’m very sorry you have to be taking all this in right now, | 对不起 现在要说给你听这些 |
[32:44] | but you have to. | 但你必须听进去 |
[32:44] | Do you understand me? You have to, | 明白吗 必须这样 |
[32:46] | because your brother’s life depends on it. | 这关系到你弟的性命 |
[32:50] | That house is the most dangerous place | 大宅是我们的世界中 |
[32:52] | in the world for all of us, | 最危险的地方 |
[32:53] | and that’s why I told your sisters to stay put. | 所以我让你妹妹们待在家里 |
[32:58] | You really think they will? | 你觉得她们会听吗 |
[33:05] | Do you think he’s… ? | 你觉得他… |
[33:08] | You know… | 就是 |
[33:10] | going there like Nell went there? | 像奈尔一样跑去那里 |
[33:13] | Like going to kill himself? | 比如去自杀 |
[33:16] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[33:19] | No. | 不会 |
[33:21] | I guess I don’t. | 我想不会 |
[33:24] | I’m not perfect, you know. | 我不完美 你知道的 |
[33:27] | I know. | 我知道 |
[33:29] | I’m really not. | 真的 |
[33:32] | So go ahead, tell me. | 说吧 告诉我 |
[33:35] | Try again. | 再试一次 |
[33:39] | Dad and I were in your office, | 我和老爸在你办公室 |
[33:41] | and the forever house was on the floor, | 永远之家在地上 |
[33:44] | and we heard a noise under the desk– | 我们听见桌子下面有声音 |
[33:46] | Not that. You already told me that. | 不是这个 这个你说过 |
[33:50] | I was really drunk. | 我喝得烂醉 |
[33:52] | – Swear to God, Theo– – And the lights went out | -天啊 西奥 -我们在那的时候 |
[33:55] | while we were down there, and I… | 灯灭了 |
[33:59] | couldn’t see. I was in the dark. | 我看不见 一片漆黑 |
[34:02] | I mean, like I was in the dark | 我整晚都是那个样子 |
[34:05] | that whole night, and I just needed… | 整个晚上 我需要… |
[34:08] | I… I needed… | 我需要… |
[34:12] | I couldn’t see him, | 我看不见他 |
[34:15] | if that makes any sense. | 不知你能不能懂 |
[34:16] | You know what? Never mind. | 怎么说呢 算了 |
[34:18] | – I’m trying to tell you– – Forget I asked. | -我是想告诉你… -当我没问 |
[34:21] | You just don’t know what I’m dealing with. | 你不知道我的情况 |
[34:24] | We’ve all been dealing, | 我们都有情况 |
[34:25] | and we somehow managed not to try to fuck each other’s spouses– | 我们可没去勾引人老公 |
[34:28] | Hey, that’s not what this was about. It just isn’t. | 不是这个意思 真的 |
[34:30] | So, you were drunk, | 那你醉了 |
[34:33] | – and that’s supposed to be okay? – I’m telling you. | -这样就没事了吗 -就是这样 |
[34:36] | I don’t even know why I let you come with me. | 我不知道为什么让你一起来 |
[34:40] | I touched Nell’s body the night before. | 前一晚我摸了奈尔的尸体 |
[34:43] | The fuck is wrong with you? | 你是不是有病 |
[34:46] | Why don’t you listen? | 你就是不听我的话 |
[34:48] | – I don’t– – I’m telling you. | -我不… -我在跟你解释 |
[34:49] | – I’m trying to tell you. – I don’t need to hear your excuses… | -我一直在跟你解释 -我不想听你的借口 |
[34:53] | – I’m not making excuses. – …or your bullshit. | -不是借口 -也不想听你胡扯 |
[35:16] | – Are you okay? – That was her! | -你没事吧 -是她 |
[35:18] | That was her! That was her! | 是她 是她 |
[35:22] | Did you see that, Shirley? | 你看见了吗 谢丽 |
[35:24] | Do you fucking believe that? | 你到底信不信 |
[35:30] | You ought to know why I did it. | 你应该知道我为什么会这样 |
[35:33] | I touched Nell because I had to know. | 我摸奈尔是因为我必须得知道 |
[35:36] | You know what I’m talking about. | 你知道我的意思 |
[35:38] | Don’t pretend that you don’t. | 别装不知道 |
[35:40] | You know what happens when I touch people. | 你知道我摸别人会怎么样 |
[35:42] | A part of you knows, it always has. | 你一直都知道 |
[35:47] | I had to know and I… | 我必须得知道 |
[35:49] | I touched her. | 我摸了她 |
[35:51] | And I felt… | 我没有 |
[35:54] | nothing. | 感觉 |
[35:56] | Just nothing. | 没有 |
[35:59] | And it spread, it spread everywhere in me, | 然后扩散到我全身 |
[36:02] | this nothing, until I couldn’t feel anything anymore. | 最终我自己什么感觉都没有了 |
[36:05] | I was just this dark, | 像是进入了黑暗 |
[36:07] | empty black hole. | 空旷的黑洞 |
[36:09] | And I tried to fill it up, I tried to fill me back up, | 我努力想填满它 努力想逃出来 |
[36:12] | and I called Trish and she came right away and I felt nothing. | 我给崔茜打电话 她立刻来了 而我还是没感觉 |
[36:15] | And then I tried to mourn at the wake and I felt nothing, | 我无法哀悼 |
[36:18] | and so I drank and I drank, and nothing worked. | 于是我不停喝酒 但是没用 |
[36:22] | I couldn’t feel anything, Shirley. | 我什么感觉都没有 谢丽 |
[36:24] | After I touched her skin, I couldn’t feel… | 摸了她的皮肤后 我感觉不到 |
[36:28] | anything. | 任何事了 |
[36:31] | And then we’re in the basement and the lights go out. | 然后我们在地下室 灯灭了 |
[36:35] | And I can’t see. | 我看不见 |
[36:37] | And I can’t feel. | 感觉不到 |
[36:39] | And I’m just… I’m just floating in this ocean of nothing, | 我就像漂浮在虚无的海洋中 |
[36:43] | and I wonder if this is it, if this is what death is, | 我想这难道就是死亡 |
[36:46] | just out there in the darkness, | 就待在黑暗之中 |
[36:48] | just darkness and numbness and alone, | 只有黑暗 麻木与孤独 |
[36:50] | and I wondered if that’s what she felt | 我想她是不是这种感觉 |
[36:52] | and that’s what mom feels, | 妈是不是这种感觉 |
[36:54] | and it’s just numb and nothing and alone. | 只有麻木和孤独 |
[37:02] | What if that’s what it is for all of us | 如果我们都是这样呢 |
[37:06] | when the time comes? | 当那一刻到来时 |
[37:09] | And then the lights came on and there he was, and I… | 然后突然灯亮了 他就在旁边 |
[37:13] | I didn’t see him. I didn’t see him. | 我没看见是他 我没看见 |
[37:15] | He was the light in the darkness. | 他是黑暗中的一道光 |
[37:17] | He was a life preserver in the ocean. | 他是海洋中的救生船 |
[37:20] | I just… I reached for him because I had to feel something. | 我抓住他 因为我必须得有感觉 |
[37:23] | I had to feel anything. | 任何感觉都行 |
[37:27] | And I didn’t see him. | 而我没看见他 |
[37:28] | I didn’t… I didn’t see him. I didn’t see him. | 我没看见他 没看见 |
[37:30] | I didn’t see him! | 我没看见他 |
[37:31] | And he stopped me. He stopped me. | 他阻止了我 阻止了我 |
[37:33] | He took my hands, and he said no, | 他抓住我的手说不行 |
[37:35] | and then I saw him, and then you walked in. | 然后我看见他了 后来你就进来了 |
[37:38] | God, I’m so glad I did it, though. | 天啊 不过我真的很高兴 |
[37:42] | Because it worked. | 因为起作用了 |
[37:44] | Oh, God, it worked. | 天啊 起作用了 |
[37:47] | I started feeling things again, | 我又开始有感觉了 |
[37:48] | and I felt… I felt shame, and I felt grief, | 我感到羞耻 悲伤 |
[37:51] | and I felt… scared. | 我感到害怕 |
[37:54] | I felt so fucking scared | 我真的很害怕 |
[37:55] | that I was gonna lose the only sister that I had left. | 我怕失去仅剩的一个姐妹 |
[38:00] | And I… | 而且我 |
[38:02] | Honestly, I had to do it, because it felt better than nothing. | 说实话 我必须这么做 因为总比没感觉好 |
[38:05] | That thorough fucking shame | 虽然是很羞耻 |
[38:09] | was so much better than that horrible, empty nothing. | 比可怕空洞的虚无要好得多 |
[38:13] | I can’t… Shirley, please. | 我不能 谢丽 |
[38:18] | I am… I am so… | 我真的 |
[38:20] | I am so, so, so sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[38:22] | I’m so sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[38:25] | Please, just please. | 求你了 |
[40:04] | One, two, three, four, | 一 二 三 四 |
[40:06] | five, six, seven. | 五 六 七 |
[40:14] | One, | 一 |
[40:16] | two, three, | 二 三 |
[40:18] | four, five, | 四 五 |
[40:20] | six… | 六 |
[40:57] | Mom. | 妈妈 |