时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:38] | I got it. | 我拿到了 |
[00:39] | Open it! | 打开 |
[00:41] | Mr. Dudley says this is a master key, so | 达利先生说这是万能钥匙 |
[00:43] | it’s supposed to open any door in the house. | 所以 应该能打开屋里的每一扇门 |
[00:46] | What do you think is in there? | 你觉得里面有什么 |
[00:48] | What if it’s a cotton candy machine? | 如果是棉花糖机呢 |
[00:51] | That’d be something. | 那可就太棒了 |
[00:52] | – Or a pony? – Not a pony. | -或是小马 -不会是小马 |
[01:01] | This isn’t working. | 这打不开啊 |
[01:02] | It could be a pony. Something was moving. | 有可能的 有什么在动 |
[01:05] | I saw the shadow under the door. | 我在门下看到了影子 |
[01:11] | Hello? | 谁啊 |
[01:13] | If there’s a pony in there, it’s dead. | 所以如果里面有小马 它早死了 |
[01:24] | Where’s the friggin’ key? | 钥匙他妈哪去了 |
[01:26] | – Don’t say that word. – You say it. | -别说那个词 -你就说 |
[01:35] | I want to see what’s in there, too. | 我也想看里面有什么 |
[01:41] | Daddy, we need more keys! | 爸爸 我们还需要别的钥匙 |
[01:43] | It’s an emergency! | 情况紧急 |
[01:51] | You’re not funny, Luke. | 别闹了 卢克 |
[03:06] | I am home. | 我回家了 |
[03:12] | I am home, I thought, | 我到家了 我想着 |
[03:14] | and stopped in wonder at the thought. | 然后停留在这个想法中 |
[03:17] | I am home. | 我回家了 |
[03:19] | I am home. | 我回家了 |
[03:27] | How was it? | 怎么样 |
[03:28] | It was great. Kelly says hi. | 挺好 凯利向你问好 |
[03:30] | Her boys are huge. | 她的孩子长好大了 |
[03:32] | You were missed. | 他们想你了 |
[03:33] | I was going to cook. | 我刚准备做饭 |
[03:34] | I know, but she wants fries. | 我知道 但她想吃薯条 |
[03:37] | All the fries. Nothing but fries. | 只要薯条 |
[03:42] | How’s the writing? | 写作如何了 |
[03:44] | Slow, it’s really slow. | 很慢 真的很慢 |
[03:47] | How much since I left? | 我走以后写了多少 |
[03:48] | Two… | 两 |
[03:50] | pages. | 页 |
[03:52] | I always said, I’m never gonna do a follow-up to Hill House | 我总说不会写希尔大宅的续集了 |
[03:55] | and I think this is why. It’s just– | 这就是原因吧 |
[03:58] | Eat. | 快吃 |
[03:59] | It’s the best cure for writer’s block. | 这能让作家突破瓶颈 |
[04:01] | Don’t use those words. | 别这么说 |
[04:03] | Fries, nothing but fries. | 只有薯条 |
[04:06] | Read me something. | 给我念念吧 |
[04:15] | “Certainly there are places which attach to themselves | 当然 有些地方 |
[04:19] | an atmosphere of holiness and goodness. | 带有神圣美好的气氛 |
[04:23] | It might also be said that some houses | 但听说有些房子 |
[04:26] | are born bad.” | 天生邪恶 |
[04:28] | “Born bad”? | 天生邪恶 |
[04:29] | Too much? | 过了吗 |
[04:31] | It depends. Where are you? | 看情况 你写到哪了 |
[04:35] | Dad and I just got to the house, | 我和爸爸刚到房子 |
[04:36] | and, | 然后 |
[04:38] | we know Luke bought the gasoline, and… | 我们知道卢克买了汽油 |
[04:40] | Oh, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[04:41] | We’re about to go inside. | 我们准备进去 |
[04:44] | You don’t have to do this, you know? | 不用写这个的 |
[04:46] | You said yourself, you were never gonna publish it. | 你自己说的 你不会出版 |
[04:48] | I do, though. | 但我得写 |
[04:50] | To see it, to really see it. | 为了看清真相 |
[04:55] | Here. | 来 |
[05:01] | You feel that? | 感觉到了吗 |
[05:03] | That little girl in there, | 肚子里的小姑娘 |
[05:06] | who’s getting ready to join this family, | 准备加入这个大家庭 |
[05:08] | one day she’s going to ask about her grandfather | 有一天她会问爷爷 |
[05:10] | and about her Uncle Luke, | 卢克叔叔 |
[05:13] | and what happened in that house. | 还有房子的事 |
[05:16] | She’s going to hear all sorts of stories and speculation | 她会听到各种故事和猜测 |
[05:19] | like you did when you were little, but… | 就像你小时候 但 |
[05:22] | whose voice did you need? | 你需要谁的声音 |
[05:25] | Whose story did you need to hear the most? | 你最想听谁说 |
[05:29] | She needs to hear this from you. | 她要听你说 |
[05:34] | This is for little Eleanor. | 这是为了小埃莉诺 |
[05:49] | This house, which seemed somehow to have formed itself, | 这个房子仿佛自成一体 |
[05:53] | flying together in its own powerful pattern | 坚强地飞行在 |
[05:55] | under the hands of its builders… | 建造者的手下 |
[05:59] | reared its great head back against the sky | 面对人性 |
[06:02] | without concession to humanity. | 也不退让 |
[06:06] | It was a house without kindness, | 这栋房子毫无仁慈 |
[06:09] | never meant to be lived in, | 不该住人 |
[06:12] | not a fit place for people, or for love, | 不该有人或爱 |
[06:15] | or for hope. | 或希望存在 |
[06:34] | – You smell that? – Yeah. | -你闻到了吗 -嗯 |
[06:37] | Gasoline. | 汽油 |
[06:40] | All right. If he’s here, | 如果他在这 |
[06:44] | I think I know where to find him. | 那我知道去哪找他 |
[06:48] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[06:50] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[06:52] | Come on. | 来 |
[07:29] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[07:38] | Fear. | 害怕 |
[07:41] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[07:43] | Fear is the relinquishment of logic, | 害怕是逻辑的退让 |
[07:46] | the willing relinquishing of reasonable patterns. | 理性模式的自主退让 |
[07:51] | We yield to it or we fight it. | 屈服或反抗 |
[07:54] | But we cannot meet it halfway. | 无法折中 |
[08:15] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:18] | I am home. | 我回家了 |
[08:21] | “I am home,” I thought, | 我到家了 我想着 |
[08:23] | and stopped in wonder at the thought. | 然后停留在这个想法中 |
[08:26] | I am home. | 我到家了 |
[08:28] | I am home. | 我到家了 |
[08:31] | Now to climb. | 上楼 |
[08:32] | Luke! Luke! | 卢克 |
[08:34] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[08:36] | – That door has always been locked. – Yeah. | -这门一直锁的 -嗯 |
[08:38] | Only when it wants to be. | 只有它想开才会开 |
[08:40] | Take off the hinges. How hard can it be? | 把折叶拆了嘛 能有多难 |
[08:42] | But I tried everything. | 我都试了 |
[08:46] | Maybe with the two of us… | 也许咱俩 |
[08:48] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[08:50] | Steve, wait! | 史蒂文 等等 |
[08:56] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[08:58] | Yeah, I just need a break. | 嗯 我休息一下 |
[09:00] | Why don’t you come to bed? | 你去床上吧 |
[09:02] | Get some sleep. Hill House will be there in the morning. | 睡一会 希尔大宅明早也还在 |
[09:07] | I know it’s hard. It’s too much right now. | 我知道很难 有点受不了 |
[09:09] | Why don’t you put this down | 把电脑放下吧 |
[09:12] | come to bed, and leave the ghosts where they belong. | 去床上躺着 别管鬼了 |
[09:15] | That’s– | 这 |
[09:16] | That’s not the problem. | 这不是关键 |
[09:20] | Where are you now? | 你写到哪了 |
[09:23] | Well, we… we went into the house. | 我们进了房子 |
[09:27] | And then we went to the Red Room. | 去了红房间 |
[09:30] | And then the… | 然后 |
[09:31] | the door opened and I saw Luke, and then– | 门开着 我看到卢克 然后 |
[09:34] | Luke died. | 卢克死了 |
[09:39] | No. | 不 |
[09:40] | He– He was alive on the floor. | 他躺在地上 还活着 |
[09:42] | And then the door closed, | 然后门关上了 |
[09:45] | and… | 然后 |
[09:49] | And then he died. | 然后他死了 |
[09:53] | You have to say it. | 你得说出来 |
[09:55] | You gotta finally say it, Steve. | 你总得说出来 史蒂文 |
[09:57] | – That’s the problem. – I know. | -问题就在这 -我知道 |
[09:59] | The door closed and then I… | 门关上了 然后我 |
[10:03] | I– I, uh– | 我 |
[10:04] | I can’t say what happened. | 我说不出来 |
[10:06] | It’s still too soon. Why don’t you come to bed? | 现在还早 你上床吧 |
[10:09] | No, Leigh, I mean, I– | 不 莉 我 |
[10:11] | I can’t say what happened after the door closed. | 我说不出门关上后发生了 |
[10:18] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[10:22] | I mean, how I got out of the house. | 我怎么从房子出来的 |
[10:27] | I– I don’t remember coming back to California. | 我不记得回加州了 |
[10:31] | I don’t remember us… | 我不记得我们 |
[10:34] | reconciling. | 和好了 |
[10:37] | Or finding out you were pregnant. | 也不记得发现你怀孕了 |
[10:44] | Well, of course you don’t. | 你当然不记得 |
[10:47] | Because you haven’t written it yet. | 因为你还没写 |
[10:50] | I mean, is anything real before you write it, Steve? | 你写出来前有真的吗 史蒂文 |
[10:53] | The things you write about are real, those people are real, | 你写的东西是真的 那些人是真的 |
[10:56] | their feelings are real, their pain is real, | 他们的感情是真的 痛苦也是 |
[10:58] | but not to you, is it? | 但对你来说不是吧 |
[11:00] | Not until you chew it up and you digest it | 在你咀嚼消化 |
[11:03] | and you shit it out on a piece of paper. | 拉在纸上前都不是真的 |
[11:05] | And even then, it’s a pale imitation at best. | 即使到那时 最多也就是苍白的模仿 |
[11:09] | You take other people’s lives and love and loss and pain, | 你把别人的生活 爱情 失去和痛苦 |
[11:13] | and you eat it, Steve. | 拿走吞食 史蒂文 |
[11:15] | You are an eater. | 你是个吞食者 |
[11:17] | You eat it and you shit it out, | 你吞下去 然后拉出来 |
[11:19] | and then, and only then, is it real for you. | 这时对你来说才是真的 |
[11:23] | Normal people’s lives are flesh and blood and muscle and bone, | 普通人是由血肉筋骨组成的 |
[11:26] | but not yours, darling. Oh, no. | 你不是 亲爱的 |
[11:28] | Your life is plastic. | 你是塑料做的 |
[11:30] | You are a plastic parasite. | 你是塑料寄生虫 |
[11:34] | A plastic hack, aren’t you, honey? | 塑料文人 不是吗 亲爱的 |
[11:36] | So of course you don’t remember how you healed our marriage | 你当然不记得你是怎么改善我们的婚姻 |
[11:40] | or made our baby, because you haven’t really seen it. | 生出孩子 因为你没看见 |
[11:42] | Have you? You haven’t shat it out in prose. | 对吧 你还没拉出来 |
[11:46] | I was always a supporting player in your story, if we’re honest. | 坦白了说 我在你的故事里一直都是配角 |
[11:49] | I would feed you and fuck you and pay the bills | 给你做饭 和你做爱 付账单 |
[11:52] | while you squinted over some novel | 你就在那写点 |
[11:53] | that nobody was going to read or publish, | 没人看 不会发表的小说 |
[11:56] | but I paid you to write them, didn’t I? | 但我付你钱了 对吧 |
[11:59] | I picked up the check for your dreams | 我为你的梦想买单 |
[12:01] | and I said goodbye to mine, and not even that was enough. | 跟自己的梦想道别了 这样都不够 |
[12:04] | Don’t lie to me, honey. I wasn’t real. | 别骗我 亲爱的 我不是真的 |
[12:06] | If I was real, you never would have walked out that door, | 我要是 你就不可能走出那扇门 |
[12:10] | but I wasn’t, and you did, and now this one… | 但我不是 你走出去了 现在这个 |
[12:15] | this… | 这个 |
[12:16] | little one… | 小家伙 |
[12:20] | she won’t be real either. | 她也不是真的 |
[12:24] | She’s kicking. | 她在踢我 |
[12:25] | Oh, she’s hungry. | 她饿了 |
[12:27] | She must be an eater like her dad. | 她肯定像爸爸一样爱吃 |
[12:31] | If she is, my love, | 如果是的话 亲爱的 |
[12:33] | if she eats me from the inside | 如果她在里面吃我 |
[12:36] | and I burst like a blister, | 我像水泡一样炸开 |
[12:40] | will you lose your mind? | 你会疯吗 |
[12:44] | Like your mother? | 就像你妈一样 |
[12:47] | Steve. | 史蒂文 |
[13:00] | Luke. | 卢克 |
[13:03] | Luke. Oh, God. | 卢克 天啊 |
[13:05] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[13:06] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[13:09] | Luke. | 卢克 |
[13:17] | Come on. | 别死 |
[13:52] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[14:21] | I couldn’t help her. | 我帮不了她 |
[14:24] | Look, listen, I know I fucked up. Okay? | 我知道我搞砸了 |
[14:27] | But I– I didn’t use, I didn’t, | 但我没有吸毒 真的 |
[14:30] | and I’m so fucking cold, | 我好他妈冷 |
[14:32] | and my… my arms and legs are so stiff, I just… | 手脚都冻僵了 |
[14:38] | I need– I need a bed. | 我需要一张床 |
[14:40] | Like a couch. I’ll sleep on the goddamn floor. | 沙发也行 睡地板都行 |
[14:42] | Just… please. | 拜托 |
[14:45] | Please, please, please let me come back, please. | 请让我回去 拜托 |
[15:06] | What do you think? | 怎么样 |
[15:08] | It’s the perfect place to get clean for a few days. | 这里戒毒挺好的 |
[15:12] | We’re already paid up and they even have room service, Luke. | 钱付过了 还有客房服务呢 卢克 |
[15:19] | You know, everybody’s always given up on me my whole life. | 我这一生都在被人放弃 |
[15:23] | But not you, Luke. Not you. | 但你没有 卢克 |
[15:26] | You saved me. | 你救了我 |
[15:27] | But I, um, I didn’t. | 但我没成功 |
[15:31] | I mean, you… | 你 |
[15:34] | You took the money and you ran away. | 你拿着钱跑了 |
[15:37] | – I never found you. – No. | -我没找到你 -不 |
[15:39] | No, I came here. | 不 我来这了 |
[15:41] | I got us this hotel room. | 开了个房间 |
[15:43] | And I found you at the payphone, remember? | 还在电话亭找到你了 记得吗 |
[15:47] | Right. | 嗯 |
[15:56] | Why did you follow me? | 你为什么要跟着我 |
[15:58] | You never did tell me the real truth. | 你没跟我说过真正的原因 |
[16:03] | I think it’s ’cause you’re sweet on me. | 我觉得是你喜欢我 |
[16:06] | A little bit. | 有点吧 |
[16:09] | I have something for us. | 我准备了一个东西 |
[16:17] | One last time, just to get well before we get clean. | 最后一次 戒前最后爽一下 |
[16:20] | No, I’m 90-days clean. | 不 我戒毒90天了 |
[16:23] | Ninety-two, actually. | 其实是92天 |
[16:24] | Yeah, but that’s not clean. | 嗯 但这不算戒 |
[16:28] | You can 12-step it and collect your chips, | 你可以按照12步来拿纪念章 |
[16:30] | but you’re never clean, | 但你永远都戒不了 |
[16:32] | never really clean, | 不可能戒掉 |
[16:33] | because one day that needle’s going back in your arm. | 因为针头总会回到你的胳膊上 |
[16:37] | You have an appointment with that needle. | 你和针头有个约定 |
[16:39] | You’re expected. | 它在等你 |
[16:41] | No, that’s– No, that’s not true. | 不是的 |
[16:44] | I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[16:46] | You’re thinking this is what I did with your money. | 你在想我把你的钱花在这上了 |
[16:50] | I mean, Steve’s money. Let’s be real. | 其实是史蒂文的钱 |
[16:52] | You’re thinking that I put it in my arm in some alley | 你在想我在巷子里给胳膊打针 |
[16:55] | and maybe I died there. | 也许就死在那了 |
[16:58] | In the puke and the piss. | 上吐下尿的 |
[17:00] | And the alley rats are chewing on me right now. | 巷子里的老鼠在我身上撕咬 |
[17:04] | Little yellow teeth… | 小黄牙 |
[17:07] | punching through the jelly… of my pretty eyes, right? | 咬烂我的眼珠 |
[17:16] | God, that’s good. | 天啊 好爽 |
[17:22] | Come with me, Luke. | 一起来吧 卢克 |
[17:25] | No. | 不 |
[17:29] | No, I won’t. | 不行 |
[17:31] | Baby, you already did. | 宝贝 你已经打了 |
[17:42] | Oh, Gordon was right. | 戈登是对的 |
[17:47] | If you look long enough at the wallpaper, | 如果看墙纸够久 |
[17:50] | you can see that little girl. | 就能看到那个小姑娘 |
[17:54] | It’s the little girl with the runny- egg eyes. | 小女孩的溏心蛋眼睛 |
[18:05] | Luke! Luke! | 卢克 卢克 |
[18:10] | But I’ve tried everything. | 我都试了 |
[18:12] | – Maybe with the two of us… – Dad! | -也许咱俩 -爸爸 |
[18:16] | Steve, wait! | 史蒂文 等等 |
[18:44] | Luke. | 卢克 |
[18:48] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[18:55] | Up here! | 上面 |
[19:01] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[19:02] | Up here! Hurry! | 上面 快 |
[19:07] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[19:23] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[19:25] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[19:27] | Oh, my God. Shirley! | 天啊 谢丽 |
[19:43] | This is for you. | 这是给你的 |
[19:48] | I didn’t order that. | 我没点 |
[19:59] | Tell him thanks, but I’m… | 谢谢他 但我 |
[20:06] | Do you want me to pour it out? | 要我倒了吗 |
[20:10] | Tell you what, | 这样 |
[20:10] | what’s the weirdest thing you guys have on the happy hour menu? | 快乐时光最奇怪的菜是什么 |
[20:14] | Like, the thing no one ever orders. | 从来没人点的 |
[20:43] | So I’m minding my own business over there and all of a sudden… | 我在那边处理事情 突然 |
[20:46] | I had to repay you for the drink. | 你请我喝酒 我得礼尚往来 |
[20:49] | So you sent me a plate of, uh… | 所以你给我点了盘 |
[20:51] | Boneless Caribbean jerk wings. | 勒比酱烤无骨鸡翅 |
[20:54] | Serves me right for not being able to spot a ring at ten yards. | 我没在十码外看到你戴戒指了 我是活该 |
[20:58] | No way that’s ten yards. | 哪有十码 |
[21:00] | I never really thought about it, | 我也没仔细算 |
[21:01] | but you send someone a drink– | 但给别人买杯酒 |
[21:03] | – Without their consent. – And it’s socially acceptable. | -未经同意哦 -也合情合理吧 |
[21:06] | – But you send someone an appetizer– – Without their consent. | -但你给别人点开胃菜 -还未经同意 |
[21:09] | Yeah, it’s really, really weird. | 嗯 真的很怪 |
[21:13] | I’m sorry, I’m just trying to be funny. | 抱歉 我想逗你一下而已 |
[21:15] | It’s been a minute, I guess. | 有段时间没逗人玩了好像 |
[21:17] | Can I sit here while I eat these? | 我能坐在这吃吗 |
[21:20] | – You don’t have to eat them. – Oh, sure I do. | -你不用吃的 -我要吃 |
[21:22] | I will keep it professional. Hand to God. | 我只谈专业问题 我发誓 |
[21:24] | We can chat, um, embalming technique. | 我们可以聊聊 防腐技术 |
[21:27] | That’s what these things are for, right? | 开会就是说这个的吧 |
[21:29] | No funny stuff. | 不开玩笑 |
[21:31] | Embalming only. | 只谈防腐 |
[21:36] | I guess that’s the thing about starting your own home, | 自己开殡仪馆就这样 |
[21:38] | they just never tell you. | 只是没人告诉你 |
[21:40] | It’s not like buying a house, not even a little. | 这和买房完全不一样 |
[21:42] | I didn’t sleep for two years. | 我两年没好好睡觉 |
[21:45] | And mine was pre-owned, too. | 我的也是二手房 |
[21:47] | For real? | 不是吧 |
[21:48] | I didn’t hear last call. | 我都没听到叫最后一轮酒 |
[21:50] | Me either. | 我也是 |
[21:54] | Well, I guess that’s it. | 就这样了 |
[21:56] | You were true to your word. | 你挺守信的 |
[21:58] | I always am. | 我一直这样 |
[22:00] | Very well behaved. | 很绅士啊 |
[22:01] | I seldom am. | 我很少这样 |
[22:04] | – On that note– – Oh, no. | -这个 -不 |
[22:06] | – Don’t do it. – I’m not. I’m just saying, | -别说 -不 我只是说 |
[22:08] | – since we missed last call– -You’re gonna do it. | -我们错过了最后一轮 -你还是要说 |
[22:10] | I’ve got all the makings of a mean martini in my room | 如果你想睡前喝一杯 |
[22:12] | if you want a nightcap. | 我房间可以调马提尼 |
[22:22] | I did really good right up until the end there. | 我之前都挺好 就差一点 |
[22:25] | You did. The one-yard line. | 是的 就差一点 |
[22:28] | – Such a guy. – I can’t help it. | -男人啊 -没办法 |
[22:29] | It’s taken 60 million years to develop | 花了六千万年才进化出 |
[22:31] | the carnivorous biped you see before you. | 你面前的食肉两足动物 |
[22:35] | Thank you, anyway. | 总之谢谢你 |
[22:36] | It was nice to meet you, and I enjoyed the conversation, | 认识你很高兴 聊得很开心 |
[22:40] | but I’m going to say goodnight. | 但晚安了 |
[23:00] | That’s not what you said, though. | 但你并不是这么说的 |
[23:02] | You looked at my ring, | 你看着我的戒指 |
[23:04] | and then I said the thing about the carnivorous biped, | 然后我说了食肉两足动物的事 |
[23:06] | and you said… | 然后你说 |
[23:08] | Let’s see what kind of martini it makes. | 看看能调出什么马提尼 |
[23:11] | We walked out of the bar, crossed the lobby, into the elevator, | 我们走出酒吧 穿过大厅 进了电梯 |
[23:14] | and you had that martini, didn’t you? | 然后喝了那杯马提尼 对吧 |
[23:17] | How old was Jayden then? Six? | 当时杰登多大了 六岁 |
[23:20] | And Allie was… | 艾莉 |
[23:22] | – Two. – Two. | -两岁 -两岁 |
[23:25] | It had been diapers and bills for years | 那些年你带孩子养家 |
[23:27] | and you had just bought the business | 刚开始创业 |
[23:29] | and it was in the red and life was… | 还不盈利 生活很 |
[23:31] | – Loud. – It was hungry, too. | -喧嚣 -也很饥饿 |
[23:33] | The bills were screaming and the children were screaming | 账单和孩子都在叫嚣 |
[23:36] | and your husband just… drifted out of focus, didn’t he? | 重心也不在丈夫那了 |
[23:39] | And you were so far away from home for the first time in so long. | 这是你好久以来第一次出远门 |
[23:42] | Stop it. | 行了 |
[23:44] | You looked at my wedding ring right before you answered. | 你回答之前看了我的结婚戒指 |
[23:47] | It was gross. You were married and you were pushy– | 渣男 你都结婚了还撩我 |
[23:50] | Don’t lie. | 别撒谎了 |
[23:52] | That ring closed the deal. | 戒指才是关键 |
[23:53] | You went upstairs with me because of the ring, | 你和我上楼也是因为戒指 |
[23:55] | because the ring meant… | 因为戴了戒指就说明 |
[23:57] | You had as much to lose as I did. | 说出去咱俩都没好处 |
[23:59] | And that was a calculation, | 你可真精 |
[24:02] | Mrs. Harris. | 哈里斯太太 |
[24:03] | You don’t know me. | 你不了解我 |
[24:05] | Well, that was the whole point. Just a fling. | 这就对了 一夜情而已 |
[24:07] | People have them all the time, but not you. | 人们经常这样 但你不是 |
[24:10] | I mean, the whole thing was so not you. | 这不像你 |
[24:12] | But God, who would have guessed how good at it you were. | 天啊 真想不到你这么厉害 |
[24:15] | You got dressed and you flew home | 你穿好衣服跑回家 |
[24:17] | and it was like nothing happened. | 装作什么都没发生 |
[24:19] | You got away with it. | 没被发现 |
[24:20] | I’m a good wife. | 我是个好妻子 |
[24:23] | I’m a good… mother. | 好母亲 |
[24:26] | I’m a good person. | 我是好人 |
[24:27] | Well, you never did it again. | 你后来没干过了 |
[24:29] | Never. | 没有了 |
[24:30] | But you never told him, did you? | 但你没告诉他 对吧 |
[24:33] | Fuck you. | 操你妈 |
[24:34] | And even then, your anger at Theo and Kevin– | 即使你生西奥和凯文的气的时候 |
[24:37] | Fuck you. | 操你妈 |
[24:38] | So righteous. | 占领道德高地 |
[24:40] | You don’t want to look at it, do you? | 你不想面对吧 |
[24:43] | You did this thing. | 做了这种事 |
[24:45] | You did it and you liked it, | 你做了还很喜欢 |
[24:46] | and you just decided not to look at it. | 只是决定不去面对 |
[24:48] | Now, that’s you all over. | 你就是这种人 |
[24:53] | Shirley never wants to look. | 谢丽不愿面对 |
[24:56] | But Shirley has to look. | 但她必须面对 |
[25:09] | Is everything all right? | 没事吧 |
[25:12] | I think she’s just a little overwhelmed. | 她只是有点慌吧 |
[25:17] | She knows something most people don’t. | 她知道大多数人不知道的事 |
[25:21] | The instant someone dies, they learn everything. | 人一死 大家就知道了 |
[25:25] | Every secret thing. | 所有的秘密 |
[25:30] | And when I die, | 我死的时候 |
[25:32] | I’m going to wake up in that hotel room | 会在酒店房间醒来 |
[25:34] | and have to watch every single thing she did. | 目睹她所做的一切 |
[25:38] | And that scares her so bad, | 这让她很害怕 |
[25:40] | she hopes she’ll die first. | 她希望自己先死 |
[25:46] | Oh, that’s all right. | 没事的 |
[25:48] | Here. | 来 |
[25:50] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[25:53] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[25:56] | I fixed her. | 我修复了她 |
[25:58] | I ripped out her organs and eyeballs, | 我把她的器官和眼珠都拿掉了 |
[26:01] | and I sucked out the blood and the shit, | 把血和屎抽出去了 |
[26:04] | and plugged her holes so she wouldn’t leak. | 把她身上的洞都堵上了 这样不会有液体流出 |
[26:07] | And wired her jaw so she couldn’t scream. | 把她的嘴缝上了 让她不会叫 |
[26:10] | And I painted her face and her hands, and… | 给她的脸和手上了色 |
[26:15] | set her eyelids on spikes so they wouldn’t stare. | 眼皮钉了钉子 让她不会睁开眼 |
[26:18] | And I hung flowers full of smell and posed her like a dreamer, | 还给她挂了芬芳的鲜花 把她摆得像睡着一样 |
[26:22] | and now, | 现在 |
[26:23] | she is fixed and pretty. | 她被修复好了 很漂亮 |
[26:29] | But underneath, | 但表面下 |
[26:30] | she is a horror. | 她很恐怖 |
[26:33] | We pickle it and paint it, but it’s still death. | 我们腌完了上色 但它还是死人 |
[26:37] | And rot. | 腐烂 |
[26:38] | And ruin. | 毁灭 |
[26:41] | But she is pretty. | 但她很美 |
[26:45] | Isn’t she? | 对吧 |
[27:14] | Shirley. | 谢丽 |
[27:21] | What the hell? | 什么情况 |
[27:23] | We need help. | 我们需要帮助 |
[27:25] | This isn’t real. | 这不是真的 |
[27:26] | – It’s a dream. – It’s real. | -这是梦 -是真的 |
[27:29] | He’s dying. | 他要死了 |
[27:32] | Come on, Luke! | 别死 卢克 |
[27:36] | Come on. | 别死 |
[27:45] | Tell me something only I will ever know. | 跟我说点别人不知道的事 |
[27:47] | Luke! | 卢克 |
[27:48] | When I was a child… | 我小时候 |
[27:51] | When I was a child, my mother spanked me | 我小时候 我妈因为我拿石头 |
[27:53] | for throwing a rock through a greenhouse roof. | 砸碎了温室屋顶而打我 |
[27:58] | It was the only time she ever. | 那是她唯一一次打我 |
[28:01] | She had designed it, you see, | 那是她设计的 |
[28:02] | and she was getting ready to show it to a client, | 准备给客户看的 |
[28:05] | and because I threw the rock… | 因为我扔的石头 |
[28:09] | for the only time in my life, she hit me. | 她这辈子就打了我那一次 |
[28:13] | Just once. | 就一次 |
[28:13] | That was all she could take, and then never again. | 她后来下不去手了 就再也没打过我 |
[28:18] | But a simple rock through some glass | 但一个石头砸碎玻璃 |
[28:20] | taught me so much about my mother. | 让我更加了解我妈 |
[28:24] | Taught her, too. | 她也了解了 |
[28:27] | I thought about it for a long time, remembering the spanking. | 被打的事我记了很久 |
[28:31] | But remembering also the lovely crash. | 但砸碎玻璃的快感我也记得 |
[28:38] | And after thinking about it very seriously, | 仔细权衡过后 |
[28:41] | I went out and did it again. | 我又扔了一次 |
[28:53] | What’s that about? | 那是干什么用的 |
[28:59] | I… | 我 |
[29:01] | can’t… | 想不 |
[29:03] | recall. | 起来了 |
[29:03] | There was a reason for this, and… | 反正有原因 |
[29:07] | I don’t remember. | 但我不记得了 |
[29:21] | I don’t feel anything. | 我没感觉 |
[29:23] | – That’s okay, none taken. – No, I don’t… | -没事 我不介意 -我没 |
[29:26] | I don’t feel anything else. | 我没有其他的感觉 |
[29:29] | Because you’re normal. | 因为你是正常人 |
[29:33] | What were you feeling before? | 你之前什么感觉 |
[29:35] | I was feeling… | 我感觉 |
[29:37] | fear. | 很害怕 |
[29:39] | And… | 还有 |
[29:41] | And guilt. | 内疚 |
[29:44] | Fear and guilt are sisters. | 害怕和内疚是姐妹 |
[29:51] | I knew a man once who knew those sisters well. | 我认识一个男人对那对姐妹很了解 |
[29:56] | They kissed his eyelids as he slept, | 他睡前她们会亲吻他的眼皮 |
[29:58] | and every morning he went just a little more mad. | 每天早上他就会变得更疯一点 |
[30:02] | So he built a wall to keep it all outside, | 他就砌了堵墙把她们隔在外面 |
[30:06] | but those two sisters, | 但那两姐妹 |
[30:08] | they were in there with him. | 跟他都在里面 |
[30:10] | Even there. | 墙也挡不住 |
[30:12] | That silly man thought his wall would keep them out, | 那个傻男人以为砌了墙就能把她们隔在外面 |
[30:15] | but there was just enough room for him… | 但屋里正好够他 |
[30:20] | and them. | 和她们在里面 |
[30:24] | So he was trapped behind that wall. | 所以他被困在墙内了 |
[30:27] | Afraid and guilty. | 害怕又内疚 |
[30:30] | And his voice left him | 他说不出话 |
[30:32] | and he scratched and whimpered, | 只能乱抓呜咽 |
[30:35] | and his fingers were shredded on his own bricks | 他的手指被自己的墙上弄烂了 |
[30:37] | until his scratches just sounded like… | 后来他乱抓的声音就像 |
[30:41] | rats in a wall. | 墙里的老鼠 |
[30:46] | He felt small. | 他感觉很渺小 |
[30:49] | So small. | 非常小 |
[30:54] | But that was his dream. | 但那是他的梦 |
[30:56] | And when he woke up, he was tall. | 等他醒来 他很高大 |
[31:00] | So tall. | 非常高大 |
[31:04] | For always. | 永远如此 |
[31:10] | Wait. | 等等 |
[31:12] | Fear and guilt are sisters, Theodora. | 害怕和内疚是姐妹 西奥朵拉 |
[31:15] | But when you wake up, they’ll leave you be. | 但你醒时 她们就不缠着你了 |
[31:18] | For always. | 永远如此 |
[31:21] | Wait. | 等等 |
[31:25] | Just enjoy me. | 好好享受 |
[31:28] | I’m loving you. | 我在爱抚你 |
[31:34] | No. | 不 |
[31:35] | No, no– | 不不 |
[31:37] | – No. – Theo. | -不 -西奥 |
[31:53] | He’s not breathing. | 他没气了 |
[31:57] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[31:59] | Stop, stop, stop. | 行了 |
[32:02] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[32:06] | – Go, go. – Check his pulse. | -开始 -检查脉搏 |
[32:07] | No, no. No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[32:11] | I– I can’t feel it. | 我感觉不到 |
[32:12] | Don’t you fucking dare, Luke! | 你敢死呢 卢克 |
[32:14] | – Don’t you fucking dare! – Oh, shit. | -你他妈敢 -该死 |
[33:10] | Sweetheart. | 亲爱的 |
[33:13] | You’re awake. | 你醒了 |
[33:15] | I’ve missed you so, so much. | 我好想你 |
[33:24] | Where are we? | 这是哪 |
[33:26] | We’re home, my love. | 在家呢 亲爱的 |
[33:29] | You know, when I was a little girl about your age, | 我像你这么大时 |
[33:34] | I was driving in the car with your grandmother, | 我在车里和你外婆坐着 |
[33:37] | and we passed a house adorned with a forest of red roses. | 路过一片红色的玫瑰林 |
[33:44] | And I fell in love with that house, | 我爱上了那栋房子 |
[33:46] | and with houses, all at once. | 爱建筑 一见倾心 |
[33:50] | I can live there forever, I thought. | 我以为我能永远住在那里 |
[33:52] | No one will ever find me there, either. | 没人能找到我 |
[33:55] | I will light a fire in the cool evenings | 晚上冷了 我就点个火 |
[33:58] | and toast apples in my own hearth. | 在炉子上烤苹果 |
[34:02] | People will come to me to have their fortunes told, | 人们找我来算命 |
[34:05] | and I will brew love potions for sad maidens. | 我给伤心的少女制作爱情药剂 |
[34:09] | I will have a… | 养一只 |
[34:12] | a robin. | 知更鸟 |
[34:14] | I will have a robin. | 养一只知更鸟 |
[34:16] | I almost named you Robin. | 差点就给你取名罗宾了 |
[34:21] | Your dad even agreed. | 你爸都同意了 |
[34:23] | Robin Crain. | 罗宾·克兰 |
[34:27] | But when I looked at you for the first time… | 但我看到你第一眼 |
[34:31] | you were Luke. | 就觉得你该叫卢克 |
[34:33] | You just were. | 就该叫这个名 |
[34:38] | I almost forgot. | 我差点忘了 |
[34:47] | Your big boy hat. | 你的大男孩帽子 |
[34:51] | No, I, um… | 不 我 |
[34:53] | No, no. | 不不 |
[34:54] | We were going to have a tea party, | 我们打算开茶会 |
[34:56] | with big boy hats and cups of stars and we’re… | 戴上大男孩帽子和星星杯 |
[35:01] | we’re so glad you’re finally here. | 你终于来了 我们都很开心 |
[35:04] | Go. | 走 |
[35:07] | Why would you want your brother to go? | 为什么要让你哥哥走 |
[35:09] | He just got here. | 他刚来 |
[35:12] | Have a seat. | 坐 |
[35:13] | Don’t. | 不要 |
[35:15] | Am I dead? | 我死了吗 |
[35:19] | You’re awake. | 你醒了 |
[35:21] | And I’m so sorry, honey. | 很抱歉 亲爱的 |
[35:23] | You were having such a nightmare. | 你刚才在做噩梦 |
[35:26] | I’m– I’m sorry, Mom. | 抱歉 妈妈 |
[35:29] | No, don’t you apologize to me. | 不 不要跟我道歉 |
[35:32] | It wasn’t your fault, never once. | 不是你的错 从来都不是 |
[35:35] | You were perfect. | 你很完美 |
[35:37] | But I– I wasn’t. | 但我不是 |
[35:39] | – I’m– I’m not. – You were. | -我不 -你是 |
[35:42] | And you are. | 现在也是 |
[35:43] | It’s the world, my love. | 是世界的错 亲爱的 |
[35:44] | It isn’t and it wasn’t and you never | 不怪你 |
[35:46] | should have been fed to it like you were. | 你不该被世界毁了 |
[35:52] | Yes, have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[35:54] | Don’t. | 不要 |
[35:56] | Go. | 走 |
[35:57] | Why– Why does she keep saying that? | 为什么她老这么说 |
[35:59] | Honey. Honey… | 亲爱的 |
[36:01] | Just look at me. Look at me. | 看着我 |
[36:05] | This is a gift. For us all. | 这是我们的礼物 |
[36:08] | Not if I’m dead. I– | 但我死了 我 |
[36:10] | I don’t want to be dead. | 我不想死 |
[36:11] | But you want to be in here. | 但你想在这里 |
[36:12] | – No, I– I don’t. – Yeah, you do. | -我不想 -你想 |
[36:16] | You’ve been knocking on that door | 你一直在敲门 |
[36:19] | for years and years and years. | 敲了很多年 |
[36:21] | We could hear you. | 我们能听到 |
[36:23] | Knocking louder all the time. | 老是大声地敲门 |
[36:25] | And finally, here you are. | 最后你进来了 |
[36:27] | – Please. – Don’t. | -拜托 -不要 |
[36:29] | No, I have to get– I have to get… | 不 我得 |
[36:31] | Please! | 拜托 |
[36:38] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[36:41] | Luke! Hey, can you hear me? | 卢克 能听到吗 |
[36:43] | – His pulse is pretty weak. – We got to get him to a hospital. | -他的脉搏很微弱 -得送他去医院 |
[36:45] | I thought you were gone, man. I thought you were gone. | 我以为你死了 兄弟 |
[36:48] | She saved me. | 她救了我 |
[36:49] | You– You just woke up. | 你醒了 |
[36:53] | – No. – You were gone. | -不 -你刚才都没呼吸了 |
[36:54] | She saved me. | 她救了我 |
[37:00] | I feel a little clearer just now. | 我看得更清晰了一点 |
[37:06] | We have. | 我们来过 |
[37:08] | – Nell? – All of us have. | -奈尔 -都来过 |
[37:11] | Wouldn’t have changed anything. | 也改变不了什么 |
[37:14] | I need you to know that. | 你得知道 |
[37:16] | – Nell– – The rest is confetti. | -奈尔 -其余都是五彩纸屑 |
[37:19] | So many times and we didn’t know it. | 我们来过很多次却不知道 |
[37:22] | All of us. | 所有人 |
[37:24] | Nellie? | 奈莉 |
[37:25] | No, not a heart. | 不是心脏 |
[37:28] | – Nell? – A stomach. | -奈尔 -是胃 |
[37:30] | Nell? | 奈尔 |
[37:31] | We have. | 我们来过 |
[37:33] | All of us have. | 都来过 |
[37:34] | I don’t think she can hear us. | 她好像听不见我们说话 |
[37:37] | So many times and we didn’t know it. | 我们来过很多次却不知道 |
[37:40] | All right, we need to get Luke out of here, | 我们得把卢克送出去 |
[37:43] | we need to get him to a hospital– | 把他送去医院 |
[37:46] | I don’t get it. | 不行 |
[37:48] | All this time we tried to get into this room | 我们一直想进来 |
[37:49] | and now we can’t get the fuck out. | 现在却出不去了 |
[37:52] | I feel like I’ve been here before. | 我感觉我来过这 |
[37:54] | We have. | 我们来过 |
[37:57] | All of us have. | 都来过 |
[38:00] | So many times and we didn’t know it. | 我们来过很多次却不知道 |
[38:04] | All of us. | 所有人 |
[38:10] | I feel a bit clearer now. | 我看得更清晰了一点 |
[38:13] | Everything’s been out of order. | 一切都乱套了 |
[38:15] | Time, I mean. | 时间 |
[38:18] | I thought for so long that time | 我很久以来一直以为 |
[38:21] | was like a line, that… | 时间就像一条线 |
[38:24] | that our moments were laid out like dominoes, | 我们的时刻像多米诺骨牌一样排好 |
[38:26] | and that they… | 然后骨牌 |
[38:28] | fell, one into another and | 一个接一个地 |
[38:32] | on it went, | 倒了 |
[38:33] | just days tipping, one into the next, into the next, | 一天天 一块接一块 |
[38:36] | in a long line between the beginning… | 沿着开始到结束间的 |
[38:41] | and the end. | 长线 |
[38:44] | But I was wrong. | 但我错了 |
[38:48] | It’s not like that at all. | 完全不是这样 |
[38:51] | Our moments fall around us like rain. | 我们的时刻像雨点一样落下 |
[38:55] | Or… snow. | 或是雪 |
[39:00] | Or confetti. | 或是五彩纸屑 |
[39:05] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[39:07] | We have been in this room. | 我们来过这个房间 |
[39:10] | So many times and we didn’t know. | 我们来过很多次却不知道 |
[39:13] | All of us. | 所有人 |
[39:16] | Mom says… | 妈妈说 |
[39:20] | that a house is like a body… | 房子就像一个人体 |
[39:24] | and that every house… | 每个房子 |
[39:27] | has eyes. | 都有眼睛 |
[39:30] | And bones. | 骨头 |
[39:33] | And skin. | 皮肤 |
[39:37] | And a face. | 还有一张脸 |
[39:44] | This room is like the heart of the house. | 这个屋子就像房子的心脏 |
[39:49] | No, not a heart, a stomach. | 不是心脏 是胃 |
[39:56] | It was your dance studio, Theo. | 这是你的舞蹈室 西奥 |
[40:01] | It was my toy room. | 是我的玩具室 |
[40:03] | It was a reading room for Mom. | 是妈妈的书房 |
[40:07] | A game room for Steve. | 史蒂文的玩具室 |
[40:09] | A family room for Shirley. | 谢丽的家庭活动室 |
[40:11] | – A treehouse. – How do you spell “No Girls Allowed”? | -树屋 -怎么拼”女孩不准进” |
[40:15] | But it was always the Red Room. | 但它总是红房间 |
[40:18] | How do you take your tea? | 你想怎么喝茶 |
[40:19] | It put on different faces so that we’d be still and quiet. | 它会换上不同面孔 让我们不跑不吵 |
[40:25] | While it digested. | 让它来消化 |
[40:29] | I’m like a small creature swallowed whole by a monster. | 我就像被怪物吞食的小生物 |
[40:34] | And the monster feels my tiny little movements inside. | 怪物能感觉我在它体内的小动作 |
[40:47] | You have to live. | 你得活下去 |
[40:52] | I don’t– I don’t know how to do this without you. | 没有你我不知道怎么活 |
[40:55] | I learned a secret. | 我知道了一个秘密 |
[40:58] | There’s no without. | 不会没有我 |
[41:00] | I am not gone. | 我没走 |
[41:04] | I’m scattered into so many pieces, | 我散成了很多片 |
[41:08] | sprinkled on your life like new snow. | 像雪花落在你的生活中 |
[41:16] | There’s so much I want to say to you all. | 我有很多话想跟大家说 |
[41:19] | I’m so sorry our last words were in anger. | 很抱歉 我们到最后还在生气 |
[41:22] | They weren’t our last. | 那不是最后 |
[41:25] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[41:27] | I’m sorry that I didn’t… | 抱歉 我没有 |
[41:29] | answer the phone. | 接电话 |
[41:31] | But you did. | 但你接了 |
[41:34] | So many times. | 很多次 |
[41:37] | I’m sorry if I didn’t listen, and I’m sorry– | 如果我没聆听 我很抱歉 |
[41:40] | It wouldn’t have changed anything. | 也改变不了什么 |
[41:42] | I need you to know that. | 你要知道这点 |
[41:45] | Forgiveness is warm. | 原谅很温暖 |
[41:48] | Like a tear on a cheek. | 像脸颊上的泪珠 |
[41:52] | Think of that and of me | 站在雨中时 |
[41:55] | when you stand in the rain. | 想想那个和我 |
[41:59] | I loved you completely. | 我非常爱你们 |
[42:03] | And you loved me the same. | 你们也同样爱我 |
[42:05] | That’s all. | 这就够了 |
[42:08] | The rest is confetti. | 其余都是五彩纸屑 |
[43:04] | The first was young Miss Grattan | 第一个是年轻的格拉顿小姐 |
[43:07] | She tried not to let him in | 她不想让他进来 |
[43:09] | He stabbed her with a corn knife | 他用小刀捅了她 |
[43:11] | That’s how his crimes begin | 他的罪行由此开始 |
[43:14] | The next was Grandma Grattan | 接下来是格拉顿奶奶 |
[43:16] | So old and tired and gray | 年老体衰 满头银发 |
[43:18] | She f’it off her attacker | 她奋力抗争 |
[43:21] | Until his strength gave way | 直到没有力气 |
[43:23] | The next was Grandpa Grattan | 下一个是格拉顿爷爷 |
[43:26] | A-settin’ by the fire | 坐在炉子边 |
[43:28] | He came up close behind him | 他从后面突袭 |
[43:31] | And strangled him with wire | 用绳子把他勒死 |
[43:35] | The last was Baby Grattan | 最后是格拉顿宝宝 |
[43:37] | All in his trundle bed | 躺在婴儿床上 |
[43:39] | He stove him in the short ribs | 他用火烤他的肋骨 |
[43:42] | Until that child was dead | 直到孩子死掉 |
[43:44] | And then he spit tobacco juice | 然后他把烟草汁 |
[43:47] | All on his golden head | 吐在了他金发的头上 |
[43:50] | Stay away. | 走开 |
[44:02] | He’s just too cute, Liv. | 他太可爱了 丽芙 |
[44:04] | Away. | 走开 |
[44:06] | Forgive a girl for being lonely. | 人家太孤单了 见谅 |
[44:11] | Nothing sadder than a cold bed. | 冰凉的床是最可悲的 |
[44:14] | But all those wedding beds go cold. | 不过婚床都会变凉的 |
[44:20] | Don’t they, loves? | 恋人嘛 |
[44:37] | Journeys end in lovers’ meeting. | 漂泊止于恋人的相遇 |
[44:45] | I have spent an all but sleepless night. | 我整晚没睡 |
[44:50] | I have told lies and made a fool of myself. | 我说了谎 出了丑 |
[44:54] | And the very air tastes like wine. | 空气中有酒的味道 |
[44:59] | Everyone is home. | 大家都回家了 |
[45:02] | You’ve changed so much. | 你变了很多 |
[45:11] | For my heart. | 治我心脏病的 |
[45:14] | How long has it been since you were here? | 你来多久了 |
[45:16] | Longer than I intended. | 比我预想得久 |
[45:18] | It was too hard to see you here, this way. | 这么见你真是太难受了 |
[45:22] | – But I still… had you with me. – Oh, love. | -但你依然在我身边 -亲爱的 |
[45:28] | That wasn’t me, | 那不是我 |
[45:29] | that was just you. | 只有你 |
[45:32] | What were you doing… all this time away? | 你不在的这段时间在干什么 |
[45:40] | I was… | 我 |
[45:42] | holding a door. | 在抵着门 |
[45:48] | Holding a door closed. | 不让门打开 |
[45:52] | I had my back against it | 我背对着门 |
[45:55] | and my arms out wide, | 双手张开 |
[45:58] | because I knew there were monsters in the other side | 因为我知道门那边有怪物 |
[46:00] | and they wanted what was left of our family. | 它们想继续抢走我的家人 |
[46:02] | And I held it so hard, | 我使劲抵着 |
[46:04] | I didn’t have arms left for the kids. | 抱不了孩子 |
[46:08] | The monsters got through anyway. | 怪物还是过来了 |
[46:10] | That’s what monsters do. | 它们就这样 |
[46:13] | – But not here. – No. | -但这里不同 -不 |
[46:15] | Especially here. | 尤其是这里 |
[46:17] | They’re– They’re out there, | 它们在外面 |
[46:19] | in the woods. | 树林里 |
[46:20] | They’re out there and we’re in here | 它们在外面 我们在这里 |
[46:22] | and the children are finally safe. | 孩子们终于安全了 |
[46:24] | But, no. No. | 不 |
[46:26] | They’re– They’re not. | 他们不安全 |
[46:29] | They’re dying. | 他们要死了 |
[46:30] | They’re waking. | 他们要醒了 |
[46:33] | You kept them from me. | 你不让他们见我 |
[46:35] | To keep them safe. | 来保护他们 |
[46:37] | You kept them from the truth. | 你不让他们了解真相 |
[46:40] | To keep you safe. | 来保护你 |
[46:42] | Their– Their image of you. | 保护你在他们心中的形象 |
[46:47] | I woke up… at the foot of these stairs, | 我在楼梯下醒了 |
[46:52] | and I started walking. | 开始走动 |
[46:55] | No more headaches. | 没有头痛 |
[46:57] | No pain, no day, no night, | 没有痛苦 没有昼夜 |
[46:59] | no now, no then. | 没有时间概念 |
[47:02] | And I would dream while I walked. | 我走的时候回做梦 |
[47:06] | I dreamed of you. | 梦到你 |
[47:08] | I dreamed of you and the children’s laughter. | 梦到你和孩子的笑声 |
[47:10] | And then I’d remember… | 然后我会想起 |
[47:13] | that you took them from me. | 是你把他们从我身边带走的 |
[47:15] | You took them | 你带走他们 |
[47:17] | and you hurt them, Hugh. | 伤害他们 休 |
[47:19] | – And they suffered. – They did. | -他们受苦了 -是的 |
[47:22] | They all do. | 他们都受苦了 |
[47:24] | And even if they’re broken or addicted | 哪怕他们崩溃 吸毒 |
[47:27] | or joyless or, yes, even if they die, | 不快乐甚至死亡 |
[47:30] | we have to watch it all because we’re parents. | 我们都得看着 因为我们是父母 |
[47:33] | And that’s the deal we make. | 没办法 |
[47:36] | Whatever that life is, we bear witness. | 无论生活怎样 我们都得见证 |
[47:39] | – It’s a horror. – It doesn’t have to be. | -太可怕了 -也不一定 |
[47:41] | I saw our daughter dance at her wedding. | 我看见我们女儿在她婚礼上跳舞 |
[47:44] | Her smile was like a light | 她的笑容像一束光 |
[47:46] | and it was reflected in everyone’s faces, | 反射在大家的脸上 |
[47:48] | and I recognized that light. | 我认出了那束光 |
[47:51] | Because it was ours. We did that. | 因为是我们的 我们造就的 |
[47:54] | We loved each other so well | 我们彼此深爱对方 |
[47:56] | that it spread out into the universe | 扩展到了宇宙 |
[47:59] | and it created a new star. | 创造了一颗新星 |
[48:04] | Stars die. | 星星会死 |
[48:07] | The night sky is full of dead stars. | 星空布满了死星 |
[48:09] | They explode to death. | 它们爆炸而死 |
[48:12] | And if you could reach up with some great hand | 如果你能伸出援手 |
[48:14] | and pull them down | 在它们爆炸前 |
[48:16] | just before they burst, | 把它们拽下来 |
[48:18] | you would. | 你会去做的 |
[48:19] | Yes, I would. | 我会的 |
[48:20] | We’re all safe now. | 我们都安全了 |
[48:22] | This is our forever house. | 这是我们的永远的家 |
[48:25] | It always was. | 一直都是 |
[48:27] | Nothing bad will ever touch them ever again. | 坏东西不会再碰他们了 |
[48:30] | Nothing good will, either. | 好东西也不会了 |
[48:34] | Open that door. | 把门打开 |
[48:35] | I know you can open that door. | 我知道你可以 |
[48:38] | I know you love the people in that room more than anything. | 我知道你最爱屋里的人 |
[48:42] | I won’t let you take them away again. | 我不会让你再把他们带走了 |
[48:45] | They’ll die. | 他们会死的 |
[48:46] | Liv, they will die if they stay. They’re dying now. | 丽芙 他们留下来才会死 他们要死了 |
[48:48] | Our babies are dying. | 我们的宝宝要死了 |
[48:51] | Let them go. | 让他们走吧 |
[48:53] | You have always said that our job was to send them sailing. | 你总是说 我们的任务就是让他们起航 |
[48:55] | – That was a dream. – Out into the world. | -那是梦 -向尘世前行 |
[48:57] | – A dream. – Into the world. | -梦 -向尘世前行 |
[48:59] | Let them go. | 让他们走 |
[49:00] | I’ll be alone again! | 那我就又一个人了 |
[49:07] | If it wasn’t for the kids in that room, | 要不是因为屋里的孩子 |
[49:10] | I would’ve laid down with you. | 我愿意与你一起留下 |
[49:13] | I would have followed you… | 跟着你 |
[49:16] | right into the darkness. | 走进黑暗 |
[49:19] | But those kids, Liv… | 但那些孩子 丽芙 |
[49:24] | but those kids in that room, | 屋里的那些孩子 |
[49:28] | if you open that door right now… | 如果你现在开门 |
[49:32] | I will make a promise to you that I will keep forever. | 我愿意答应你一件事 永远不反悔 |
[49:38] | Open the door. | 开门 |
[49:40] | Please. | 拜托 |
[49:42] | Let me fix this. | 让我来解决 |
[49:48] | Journeys end… | 漂泊止于 |
[49:50] | In lovers’ meeting. | 恋人的相遇 |
[49:55] | You had that engraved on my watch, do you remember? | 你把这句刻在了我的表上 记得吗 |
[49:59] | But I was wrong. | 但我错了 |
[50:02] | That’s the secret, isn’t it? | 那就是秘密 对吧 |
[50:05] | Journeys don’t end. | 漂泊不会终止 |
[50:07] | Not if you love someone. | 除非你不去爱了 |
[50:09] | They don’t end at all. | 否则不会终止的 |
[50:12] | Isn’t that wonderful? | 难道不美妙吗 |
[50:17] | Once upon a time, | 曾几何时 |
[50:19] | the world was just play. | 世界只有玩耍 |
[50:23] | And all… | 我们 |
[50:25] | All we had… | 我们 |
[50:28] | – The five of us– -No, no, no, stay with me. | -五个人 -不不 别睡 |
[50:31] | All we had was… play. | 我们只会嬉戏 |
[50:33] | Luke. Luke. Luke. | 卢克 卢克 |
[50:36] | Stay with me. Stay awake! Stay– | 别睡 醒醒 醒 |
[50:45] | I’ll start the car. | 我去开车 |
[50:46] | – Is he breathing? – Yeah. | -他还有气吗 -嗯 |
[50:49] | Come on. | 来 |
[51:05] | – Sacred Heart’s closest. – I can navigate. | -圣心医院最近 -我带路 |
[51:07] | Are you guys coming with us or–? | 你们一起吗 |
[51:08] | Go ahead. | 你们去吧 |
[51:10] | There’s one more thing your brother and I have to do. | 我和你哥还有一件事要处理 |
[51:12] | – We’ll see you there. – What? | -到时候见 -什么 |
[51:13] | We’ll meet you at the hospital. | 医院见 |
[51:37] | Probably best you didn’t say anything to them. | 你最好别告诉他们 |
[51:43] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[51:45] | What did I see? | 我看到了什么 |
[52:25] | Olivia? | 奥利维亚 |
[52:30] | Liv? | 丽芙 |
[53:16] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[53:20] | Why are you here? | 你怎么来了 |
[53:21] | Did you see? | 你看到了吗 |
[53:24] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[53:26] | I– I– | 我 |
[53:28] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[53:31] | We were looking for… | 我们在找 |
[53:43] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[53:45] | I can fix this. | 我能搞定 |
[53:49] | I can fix it. | 我能搞定 |
[53:58] | Hugh. | 休 |
[53:59] | I can fix it. | 我能搞定 |
[54:01] | Put her down. | 把她放下 |
[54:02] | No, I can fix this. | 不 我能搞定 |
[54:05] | You–You can’t. | 你不能 |
[54:15] | Why is this happening? | 为什么会这样 |
[54:19] | Why are you even here? | 你们干嘛要来 |
[54:21] | We need to get you help. We need to get the police. | 我们得帮你 我们得报警 |
[54:24] | Why are you here? | 你们为什么过来 |
[54:26] | Our daughter snuck out of a vent tonight and we thought maybe… | 我女儿今晚从通风口溜出去了 我们想或许 |
[54:38] | No. | 不 |
[54:39] | No. | 不 |
[54:40] | No, no, no… | 不不 |
[54:41] | No. No. Oh, no. | 不不不 |
[54:46] | No… | 不 |
[54:49] | Both of their children. | 他们两个孩子 |
[54:51] | All of their children. | 他们的孩子 |
[54:56] | She wasn’t in her bed. | 她不在床上 |
[55:00] | I didn’t know. I didn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[55:04] | Mommy? | 妈妈 |
[55:13] | Abby? | 小艾 |
[55:15] | Abby? | 小艾 |
[55:21] | Abby. Abby. | 小艾 小艾 |
[55:23] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[55:25] | Who hurt you, baby girl? | 谁伤害你了 宝贝 |
[55:44] | Honey? | 亲爱的 |
[55:48] | I’m having the strangest dream. | 我做了个非常奇怪的梦 |
[56:08] | I’m gonna burn it. | 我要把这烧了 |
[56:13] | I’m gonna burn this house to the ground. | 我要把这房子烧为灰烬 |
[56:19] | Stand over it. | 踩在上面 |
[56:22] | Make sure that every room, every wall, | 确保每个屋子 每堵墙 |
[56:24] | every splinter is immolated. | 每块碎片都被烧了 |
[56:27] | Burn this house and its hills to the dirt. | 把房子和山都烧光 |
[56:32] | Then I’ll salt the earth. | 然后在土里撒盐 |
[56:35] | You won’t. | 不行 |
[56:38] | Horace, he can’t. | 霍勒斯 他不能这样 |
[56:41] | She’s still here. | 她还在这 |
[56:48] | I’ll… carry her body back to the woods. I’ll… | 我把她抱回树林 |
[56:53] | bury her by the cottage in the garden that she loved. | 在木屋旁她最爱的花园里将她安葬 |
[56:59] | And when she’s buried | 等她下葬 |
[57:01] | and it’s done, we’ll say nothing. | 完事以后 我们什么都别说 |
[57:05] | You understand, Hugh? | 明白吗 休 |
[57:07] | We’ll say nothing. | 什么都不说 |
[57:10] | She barely left our house her whole life. | 她这辈子很少离开我们的房子 |
[57:13] | We kept her out of the world to keep her safe. | 我们让她远离尘世来保护她 |
[57:17] | And we’re the only ones who would even know to… | 只有我们知道 |
[57:21] | to mourn her. | 要去悼念她 |
[57:26] | We won’t say anything about Olivia. | 奥利维亚的事谁都别说 |
[57:30] | We won’t. | 我们保密 |
[57:34] | That wasn’t her. | 不是她 |
[57:36] | We know that. | 我们知道 |
[57:37] | No, we know | 不 我们知道 |
[57:39] | what really happened here tonight. | 今晚这里到底发生了什么 |
[57:42] | And your kids, | 还有你孩子 |
[57:44] | they don’t need to hear anything else. | 他们不用再听到别的事了 |
[57:47] | Or remember their mother in any way | 或者对他们母亲 |
[57:50] | but the way that you truly was. | 有不实的记忆 |
[57:54] | And we can protect that for you. | 我们可以帮你维护她 |
[57:59] | If… | 如果 |
[58:02] | If what? | 如果什么 |
[58:04] | If you keep this house. | 如果你要留下这个房子 |
[58:07] | Keep us on. | 继续雇用我们 |
[58:09] | Keep everyone else away. | 与世隔绝 |
[58:11] | Don’t let it take anyone else, never again. | 别让房子再害别人了 |
[58:15] | Let it starve. | 让它饿死 |
[58:18] | But leave it here. | 但留着它 |
[58:22] | So I can see her. | 这样我才能看到她 |
[58:25] | This house, | 这个房子 |
[58:27] | it’s full of precious, precious things, | 里面全是宝物 |
[58:31] | and they don’t all belong to you. | 它们不全是你的 |
[58:35] | It’s dangerous. | 很危险的 |
[58:38] | – For both of you. – I don’t care. | -对你俩也是 -我不在乎 |
[58:40] | This is where she is now. | 她就待在这里了 |
[58:42] | I’m her mother. | 我是她母亲 |
[58:44] | I won’t leave her here alone. | 不会丢下她一个人的 |
[58:48] | I will not. | 不会 |
[58:52] | Please, Hugh. | 拜托 休 |
[59:00] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[59:52] | I wish you would have told me. | 你跟我说了就好了 |
[59:58] | You didn’t tell your sisters what you saw. | 你没跟你妹妹们说你看到了什么 |
[1:00:01] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[1:00:04] | Some things | 有些事 |
[1:00:05] | can’t be told. | 说不清 |
[1:00:07] | You live them… | 要不亲身体会 |
[1:00:09] | or you don’t. | 要不没有 |
[1:00:11] | But they can’t be told. | 但说不出来 |
[1:00:16] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:00:18] | No. | 不 |
[1:00:20] | I’m sorry, Dad. | 抱歉 爸爸 |
[1:00:24] | This is all yours now. | 都是你的了 |
[1:00:28] | The house. | 房子 |
[1:00:31] | And the promise. | 约定 |
[1:00:36] | I want you to know. | 你要知道 |
[1:00:38] | You… | 你 |
[1:00:40] | and your sisters… | 和你妹妹们 |
[1:00:42] | and your brother… | 还有你弟 |
[1:00:45] | were the best part of my… | 是这辈子 |
[1:00:47] | my… | 我 |
[1:00:52] | Never been prouder of anything. | 最骄傲的了 |
[1:00:56] | Anything, ever. | 没有之一 |
[1:01:04] | Take care of each other. | 照顾好彼此 |
[1:01:07] | – Dad? – And be kind to each other. | -爸爸 -互相宽容 |
[1:01:11] | If nothing else… | 最重要的事 |
[1:01:13] | be kind. | 宽容 |
[1:01:17] | I was so lucky… to be your dad. | 当你们爸爸很幸运 |
[1:02:50] | Home. | 家 |
[1:02:54] | “I am home,” I thought… | 我到家了 我想着 |
[1:02:57] | and stopped in wonder at the thought. | 然后停留在这个想法中 |
[1:03:01] | I am home. | 我到家了 |
[1:03:03] | I am home. | 我到家了 |
[1:03:06] | Now to climb. | 上楼 |
[1:03:11] | I’ve been so wrong about so much. | 我真是大错特错 |
[1:03:18] | I’ve lived with ghosts since I was a kid. | 我从小就跟鬼住在一起 |
[1:03:22] | Since before I knew they were even there. | 我之前都不知道他们在那 |
[1:03:25] | Ghosts are guilt, ghosts are secrets, | 鬼可以是内疚 可以是秘密 |
[1:03:28] | ghosts are regrets and failings. | 可以是悔恨和失败 |
[1:03:34] | But most times… | 但大部分时间 |
[1:03:37] | most times a ghost is a wish. | 鬼是一个愿望 |
[1:03:43] | Like a marriage is a wish. | 就像婚姻一样 |
[1:03:49] | A marriage can be like a house and a marriage can be haunted, | 婚姻可以像一栋房子 可以闹鬼 |
[1:03:53] | and I let that happen to us. | 我却让这一切发生在了我们身上 |
[1:03:55] | And I’m so sorry, Leigh. | 我很抱歉 莉 |
[1:03:57] | You’re scaring me. | 你吓到我了 |
[1:04:00] | I have something that I have to tell you. | 我有件事得跟你说 |
[1:04:05] | And I’m going to. | 我要说了 |
[1:04:07] | But I need you to remember while I do, that I love you, | 我说的时候你要记得 我爱你 |
[1:04:12] | my sweet… | 我亲爱的 |
[1:04:14] | friend. | 朋友 |
[1:04:16] | My best friend. | 我最好的朋友 |
[1:04:17] | I’m asking you to love me | 希望你在接下来的几分钟 |
[1:04:22] | hard for the next few minutes, | 给予我更多的爱意 |
[1:04:24] | and it might be the hardest | 可能这是你 |
[1:04:27] | that you’ve ever had to love me, | 最难爱我的时刻 |
[1:04:29] | but I know it’ll be okay, | 但我知道没事的 |
[1:04:31] | because it’s us. | 毕竟是咱俩 |
[1:04:33] | So… | 那么 |
[1:04:35] | I’m going to jump and I’m asking you to hold my hand… | 我希望跳的时候 你能握紧我的手 |
[1:04:40] | while I’m falling. | 跟我一起落下 |
[1:04:45] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[1:04:51] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:04:58] | Years ago… | 几年前 |
[1:05:01] | six years ago… | 六年前 |
[1:05:04] | I went to that conference in Chicago. | 我参加了芝加哥的会议 |
[1:05:08] | I wish… | 我希望 |
[1:05:10] | I’d loved you better. | 之前能更爱你 |
[1:05:13] | And let you see me clearly without disguise. | 让你看到真实的我 |
[1:05:17] | I wish I’d been a better husband. | 我原来要是能做个更好的丈夫 |
[1:05:20] | I wish I’d been a better son. | 更好的儿子 |
[1:05:24] | I wish I’d been a better brother. | 更好的哥哥就好了 |
[1:05:27] | What are you saying, Steve? | 你想说什么 史蒂文 |
[1:05:30] | I’m saying I built a wall around a big part of my life | 我想说我在大部分时间里都建了堵墙 |
[1:05:32] | and I hid behind that wall and I thought | 藏在里面 |
[1:05:35] | that wall kept us both safe, | 我以为那堵墙能保护咱俩 |
[1:05:36] | but walls don’t work that way. | 但墙的用处不是这个 |
[1:05:39] | Walls never work that way. | 从来都不是 |
[1:05:42] | What about these? | 这些呢 |
[1:05:44] | Oh, trash. | 垃圾 |
[1:06:06] | I think the truck’s full. Is that everything? | 卡车满了 东西都带上了吧 |
[1:06:09] | Yeah, I’m ready. | 嗯 我准备好了 |
[1:06:19] | And all of that, | 所有的一切 |
[1:06:21] | the guilt and the grief and the secrets | 内疚 悲伤和秘密 |
[1:06:23] | and the walls and the ghosts, right now | 那些墙和鬼魂 |
[1:06:27] | my only wish… | 我现在只想 |
[1:06:31] | my only wish is to come home. | 我只想回家 |
[1:06:37] | Please. | 拜托 |
[1:06:45] | I just want to fix this. | 我只想补救一下 |
[1:06:59] | Fear. | 害怕 |
[1:07:02] | Fear is the relinquishment of logic, | 害怕是逻辑的退让 |
[1:07:05] | the willing relinquishing of reasonable patterns. | 理性模式的自主退让 |
[1:07:14] | We’re here. | 我们到了 |
[1:07:17] | We’re here, Clara. | 我们到了 克拉拉 |
[1:07:21] | We made it. | 我们做到了 |
[1:07:29] | But so, it seems, is love. | 但爱似乎也能如此 |
[1:07:49] | Love is the relinquishment of logic… | 爱是逻辑的退让 |
[1:07:54] | …the willing relinquishing of reasonable patterns. | 理性模式的自主退让 |
[1:08:00] | We yield to it or we fight it. | 屈服或反抗 |
[1:08:04] | But we cannot meet it halfway. | 无法折中 |
[1:08:09] | Without it, | 没有爱 |
[1:08:10] | we cannot continue for long to exist sanely | 我们是不可能在绝对现实中 |
[1:08:13] | under conditions of absolute reality. | 继续保持头脑正常的 |
[1:08:18] | Hill House, | 希尔大宅 |
[1:08:19] | not sane, | 不正常 |
[1:08:21] | stands against its hills holding darkness within. | 依着山 包藏着黑暗 |
[1:08:26] | It has stood so for a hundred years | 它在此伫立了一百年 |
[1:08:28] | and might stand a hundred more. | 可能还会持续一百年 |
[1:08:36] | Within… | 房子里 |
[1:08:38] | walls continue upright… bricks meet neatly… | 墙壁依旧直立 砖头严丝合缝 |
[1:08:43] | floors are firm… | 地板牢固 |
[1:08:46] | and doors are sensibly shut. | 门紧闭着 |
[1:08:51] | Silence lay steadily against the wood and stone of Hill House. | 希尔大宅的石木间寂静无声 |
[1:09:02] | And those who walk there… | 漫步其中 |
[1:09:06] | walk together. | 结伴同行 |