英文名称:High-Rise
年代:2015
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:14] | For all its inconveniences, | 尽管有种种不便 |
[01:16] | Laing was satisfied with life in the high-rise. | 朗对高楼的生活还是满意的 |
[01:29] | Now that so many of the residents were out of the way, | 由于少了很多住户碍事 |
[01:33] | he felt able to relax. | 他得以放松下来 |
[01:37] | More in charge of himself. | 更加自主 |
[01:40] | Ready to move forward and explore life. | 可以向前看 探索生活了 |
[01:45] | How and where, exactly… | 但具体要怎么做 去哪里 |
[01:47] | I see the rot’s set in. | 开始溃烂了 |
[01:49] | …he had not yet decided. | 他还未决定 |
[01:52] | Do you fancy a drink? | 要喝一杯吗 |
[01:53] | Cosgrove is here. | 科斯格罗夫就在那边 |
[01:55] | All boys together. | 男士们都在 |
[02:02] | Sometimes he found it difficult not to believe | 有时他没法不认为 |
[02:04] | they were living in a future that had already taken place. | 他们生活在已经到来的未来 |
[04:51] | Oh, Christ! | 老天爷 |
[04:52] | Oh, bad luck. | 霉运啊 |
[04:54] | Or is it good luck? I can never remember. | 还是好运来着 我总是记不住 |
[05:10] | So sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[05:13] | I’m so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[05:15] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[05:16] | I’ll survive. | 我死不了 |
[05:18] | I don’t doubt it. | 这我相信 |
[05:20] | You’re an excellent specimen. | 你真是件精美的标本 |
[05:23] | I thought you were empty. | 我以为你这间是空的呢 |
[05:25] | Yeah, I… I just moved in. | 是啊 我才搬进来 |
[05:27] | I’m Charlotte Melville. | 我是夏洛特·梅维尔 |
[05:31] | Sorry, I must have fallen asleep. | 抱歉 我一定是睡着了 |
[05:35] | God, I hope we haven’t frightened him off. | 老天 希望我们没把他吓跑 |
[05:37] | So what if we have? | 吓跑了又如何 |
[05:38] | – I say. – Yeah? | -那个 -怎么 |
[05:41] | Why don’t you come up later and have a drink? | 你稍后上来喝一杯吧 |
[05:43] | – I’m having a party. – Thanks, I’ll try. | -我要办派对 -谢谢 我尽量 |
[05:46] | What time do you want us tonight? | 今晚我们几点来 |
[05:47] | – Seven sharp. – That reminds me. | -7点整 -说起来 |
[05:50] | I haven’t given you your birthday present yet. | 我还没给你生日礼物呢 |
[05:53] | You know you’re not my type. | 你知道你不是我喜欢的型 |
[05:55] | Besides, shouldn’t you be off to the television studios? | 再说 你不是该去电视演播室吗 |
[05:58] | I’m not their type either. | 他们也不喜欢我 |
[06:00] | Come on. | 得了 |
[06:01] | I can’t. I haven’t drunk enough yet. | 不行 我还不够醉呢 |
[06:03] | I don’t wanna disappoint them. | 我不想让他们失望 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1287个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:234个,六级词汇:122个,GRE词汇:137个,托福词汇:179个,考研词汇:246个,专四词汇:207个,专八词汇:44个, 所有生词标注共:464个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[06:05] | What is Helen feeding you? | 海伦都喂你吃什么啊 |
[06:07] | Nothing. She’s too depressed to cook. | 什么都没有 她抑郁得不想做饭 |
[06:09] | I should have married someone like you. | 我就该娶个你这样的女人 |
[06:11] | Stoic and perfectly breasted. | 禁欲 胸大 |
[06:14] | You know, I’d dearly like to get in between those | 我哪天真想插进你的 |
[06:16] | thighs of yours one of these days. | 大腿之间 |
[06:18] | You really are too much sometimes, Wilder. | 你有时候真太过分 王尔德 |
[06:23] | Am I? | 是吗 |
[06:51] | Has something happened that could cause a build-up of negative energy? | 有什么原因导致你积蓄了负能量吗 |
[06:57] | My sister died recently. | 我姐姐最近死了 |
[06:59] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[07:01] | Yes, of course. | 当然是真的 |
[07:05] | Sorry, it’s just people normally lie here and just… lie. | 抱歉 人们经常躺在这里 撒谎 |
[07:09] | To get an extra ten minutes, you know? | 想多按摩个十分钟 |
[07:12] | I don’t have an extra ten minutes. | 我没有那个时间 |
[07:36] | “All large rubbish bags… No large bags.” | “所有大垃圾袋…不得放入大垃圾袋” |
[07:37] | 请注意 所有大垃圾袋和玻璃必须送去制定垃圾点 倒入垃圾通道的小包必须套两层袋 不得向垃圾通道内放入大垃圾袋 披萨或纸箱 多谢配合 以上指导将有助于大楼垃圾压缩器的正常使用 与您方便 | |
[07:46] | Nappies. | 尿布 |
[07:49] | – I’m sorry? – They block up the chute. | -什么 -会堵塞垃圾通道 |
[07:52] | I don’t have any children, so… | 我没有孩子 |
[07:54] | Good. They urinate in the pool. | 很好 他们在泳池里尿尿 |
[07:57] | I’ll remember that. | 我会记住的 |
[08:19] | Fifty-eight. Male. | 58岁 男 |
[08:20] | Schizophrenic. Myocardial infarction. | 精神分裂症 死于心肌梗死 |
[08:24] | Bit of an old tortoise, wasn’t he? | 像个老乌龟 是吧 |
[08:27] | Respect shouldn’t be set aside | 尊重不该跟 |
[08:29] | with any perfectly natural feelings of revulsion. | 任何自然的恶心感一起被抛在脑后 |
[08:32] | Now, in time you may specialize in the clinical treatment | 日后 你们可能将专攻精神疾病的 |
[08:35] | of mental illness, research into its origins, | 临床治疗 或是研究其发源 |
[08:37] | development or manifestations. | 发展或临床表现 |
[08:39] | But let’s start with the nuts and bolts. | 但我们从最基本的开始吧 |
[08:44] | As you can see, the facial mask simply slips off the skull. | 可以看到 面部表皮可以轻松从头骨上剥下 |
[09:12] | Munrow? | 门罗 |
[09:16] | Munrow? | 门罗 |
[09:18] | You’ve taken a fall. | 你晕倒了 |
[09:59] | So… | 那个 |
[10:03] | Yes, I’m afraid I’m not very good at this sort of thing. | 我恐怕不太擅长这种事 |
[10:05] | – Slotting in, you mean? – Yes. | -融入吗 -是啊 |
[10:08] | I was rather expecting to find a certain kind of anonymity here. | 我本以为在这里大家会互不打扰呢 |
[10:12] | Don’t worry, people don’t usually care what happens | 别担心 大家一般并不在乎 |
[10:15] | two floors above or below them. | 跟自己隔一层楼上发生的事 |
[10:17] | Good. | 很好 |
[10:18] | Charlotte’s different. She’s on all sorts of committees. | 但夏洛特不一样 她加入了各种委员会 |
[10:21] | She said your tenancy application was very Byronic. | 她说你的居住申请很有拜伦的风情 |
[10:26] | Did she really? | 真的吗 |
[10:29] | Well, I’m determined to get everything right. | 我决心要做好 |
[10:33] | Right. | 嗯 |
[10:34] | Top-up? | 再给你续杯 |
[10:35] | – Yes, thank you. – Come on. | -好 谢谢 -来吧 |
[10:38] | – Which floor are you? – 25. | -你住哪层 -25层 |
[10:40] | One floor down. | 就在楼下 |
[10:41] | – Tennis? – No, squash actually. | -打网球 -不 其实我打壁球 |
[10:44] | That’s 20, I think. | 那是在20层吧 |
[10:46] | Why here and not a bachelor pad in town? | 为什么住这儿 不在城里找间单身公寓 |
[10:50] | An investment in the future, I suppose. | 投资未来吧 |
[10:53] | I felt like I needed a clean slate to put my mark on. | 我觉得我需要个新开始 留下自己的印记 |
[10:57] | We’re down in the bottom, in all sorts of shadows. | 我们住在底层 被各种阴影笼罩 |
[11:01] | Most families are. Real ones, anyway. | 大部分家庭都是 至少真正的家庭是的 |
[11:03] | You blocked the chute. | 你堵塞了垃圾通道 |
[11:05] | – I’m sorry? – This is Steele. He’s in teeth. | -是吗 -这是斯蒂尔 他是牙医 |
[11:08] | You don’t know how things work around here yet, do you? | 你还不懂这里的规矩 是吧 |
[11:12] | No, but I’m a fast learner. | 是啊 但我学得快 |
[11:16] | I’m an orthodontist, not a homosexual. | 我是正牙医生 不是同性恋 |
[11:20] | Good for you. | 恭喜你 |
[11:21] | Steele fixes the children. | 斯蒂尔替孩子修牙 |
[11:23] | I’m afraid they eat too many sweets. | 他们太贪吃糖了 |
[11:25] | Helen’s an armchair environmentalist. | 海伦是居家环保人士 |
[11:27] | She cares, that’s her thing. | 她热心 这是她的特点 |
[11:29] | – Have you heard of recycling? – No, I… | -你知道什么叫循环利用吗 -不 我 |
[11:32] | What she hasn’t grasped is the detrimental effect | 但她不懂这些烂牙 |
[11:34] | of all these rotten toothed little imps. | 小恶魔的害处 |
[11:37] | The women around here would help the planet more | 这里的女人如果能夹紧腿 |
[11:39] | by keeping their legs crossed. | 就是帮这世界的忙了 |
[11:42] | This one’s late. Doesn’t want to come out. | 这个小家伙迟到了 不想出来 |
[11:45] | Mummy. | 妈妈 |
[11:46] | Toby’s got a radio set. | 托比有台收音机 |
[11:48] | You have to build it yourself. Can I have one? | 自己组装的 我能要一个吗 |
[11:49] | If you’re good. | 如果你乖乖的 |
[11:53] | Is that your wife going into the bathroom with Cosgrove? | 那是你妻子跟科斯格罗夫进了洗手间吗 |
[11:58] | Cosgrove reads the news. Have you seen him on TV? | 科斯格罗夫是新闻主播 你在电视上见过他吗 |
[12:00] | – No. – He’s very good. | -没有 -他很厉害 |
[12:03] | Very convincing. | 非常有说服力 |
[12:05] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[12:08] | Injustice. My husband can’t bear it. | 不公 让我丈夫不能忍受 |
[12:11] | He’s been making a documentary about it for years but… | 他拍这个主题的纪录片拍了好几年了 |
[12:13] | …I think he’s lost his focus. | 但他好像分心了 |
[12:19] | Excuse me? | 失陪 |
[12:37] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[13:19] | Floor 25. | 25层 |
[13:35] | Oh, fuck. | 该死 |
[14:54] | Hi, Jean, it’s me. | 珍 是我 |
[14:57] | Listen, I’m not gonna come in this morning. | 听着 我今早不去上班了 |
[15:00] | Wait. What about Munrow? Did he turn up for that scan? | 等等 门罗怎么样了 他去做扫描了吗 |
[15:05] | Okay, good. | 好的 很好 |
[15:07] | Well, leave it on my desk if it turns up. | 结果出来了放我桌上 |
[15:11] | And no, no, I don’t need anything. It’s all here. | 不不 不需要什么 这里都有 |
[15:19] | You didn’t buzz. | 你没打电话 |
[15:21] | Was I meant to? | 我该打吗 |
[15:23] | Obviously. | 当然了 |
[15:44] | You haven’t changed. | 你还没换衣服 |
[15:46] | I’m sorry, I don’t think I can. | 抱歉 我恐怕不能下水 |
[15:49] | Oh, well. Your loss. | 那是你的损失了 |
[16:00] | Are you the new doctor? | 你是新来的医生吗 |
[16:04] | Yeah. Yes, I am. | 是的 是我 |
[16:06] | But not the kind you probably need. | 但大概不是你需要的那种 |
[16:09] | If someone’s injured, I can call the infirmary. | 如果有人受伤了 我可以打给医务室 |
[16:11] | Mr. Royal wants to see you. | 罗伊尔先生想见你 |
[16:15] | Now. | 现在 |
[16:20] | I’m sorry, who? | 抱歉 谁 |
[16:41] | This is a very nice lift. | 这电梯真不错 |
[16:42] | Private. | 很私密 |
[16:45] | You won’t be needing that. | 那你用不到的 |
[16:47] | Floor 40. Penthouse. | 40层 顶层公寓 |
[16:51] | Terrace. | 阳台 |
[17:49] | Ah, Doctor Laing. | 朗医生 |
[17:52] | I hear you play squash. | 听说你打壁球 |
[17:54] | Yes, I do. You built all this? | 是的 这都是你建造的 |
[17:57] | Dreamt. Conceived. I hardly rolled my sleeves up. | 设想 构思 几乎没怎么动手 |
[18:01] | Course, the project’s far from finished. | 当然 工程还远远没完成 |
[18:05] | There will be five towers in all, encircling the lake. | 总共将建五栋楼 环绕着湖 |
[18:08] | Something like an open hand. | 就像一只张开的手 |
[18:13] | The lake is the palm | 湖就是掌心 |
[18:15] | and we stand on the distal phalanx of the index finger. | 我们站在食指的远节指骨上 |
[18:21] | There. | 看 |
[18:23] | I’ve put all my energies into this tower. | 我为这座大楼倾注了一切 |
[18:28] | I’m its midwife, so to speak. | 我可以说是它的助产士 |
[18:33] | It looks like the unconscious diagram | 看上去像是通灵时 |
[18:34] | of some kind of psychic event. | 自动画的图 |
[18:37] | That’s good. Can I use that? | 这话有趣 我能用吗 |
[18:39] | By all means. | 随意 |
[18:42] | Of course, I’m a modernist by trade but | 当然 我是个职业现代主义者 |
[18:45] | you, a doctor, | 但你 作为医生 |
[18:46] | will understand one prescribes as required. | 能理解什么叫对症下药 |
[18:49] | That folly out there is for my wife. | 外面的胡闹是给我妻子的 |
[18:52] | Her chief distraction is the careful cultivation | 她的主要消遣就是小心栽培 |
[18:55] | of an intense sort of nostalgia. | 一种强烈的怀旧情绪 |
[18:58] | For what? | 为什么呢 |
[19:02] | Why delve? | 何必去琢磨 |
[19:03] | My car was crushed by a reversing cement truck. | 我的车被一辆倒车的水泥车撞了 |
[19:06] | I’m afraid I’m not a physiotherapist. | 我并不是理疗师 |
[19:09] | I know what you are, Doctor Laing. | 我知道你是做什么的 朗医生 |
[19:11] | Constant exercise is the only thing | 持续锻炼是唯一 |
[19:13] | that keeps the pain at bay. | 能抑制疼痛的 |
[19:15] | So you could say not only am I the building’s first road casualty, | 可以说 我不仅是大楼第一个事故受害者 |
[19:21] | but I am the architect of my own accident. | 还是我自己事故的设计者 |
[19:24] | What do you think of that? | 怎么样 |
[19:28] | – Is that a horse? – Probably. | -那是马吗 -大概是吧 |
[19:31] | My wife rides. | 我妻子喜欢骑马 |
[19:33] | On the 40th floor? | 在40层楼上骑 |
[19:36] | This is Simmons, one of my go-betweens. | 这是西蒙斯 我的一个代理人 |
[19:38] | Yes… we met. | 是的 我们见过了 |
[19:42] | Squash. | 壁球 |
[19:44] | Friday, six a.m. | 周五早上六点 |
[19:46] | – Why not. – Good. | -好啊 -太好了 |
[19:49] | Oh, Laing? | 朗 |
[19:52] | My wife’s giving a “thing” the day after tomorrow. | 我妻子后天要办个什么派对 |
[19:56] | Full of the sort of people you should know | 你如果想了解这里 |
[19:58] | if you’re to get the measure of the place. | 就该来认识一下派对上的人 |
[20:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:22] | Why is there never a damn switch for what I need? | 怎么从来就没有能供我用的开关 |
[20:28] | I hope you’re here to fix this. | 希望你是来修这玩意的 |
[20:31] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[20:32] | I, um… I thought this was in a museum. | 我以为这幅画在博物馆里 |
[20:37] | Well, you were wrong, weren’t you? | 你想错了 |
[20:41] | Fucking hell. | 该死 |
[20:42] | Here, let me try. | 我试试吧 |
[20:52] | Sorry about that. | 抱歉 |
[21:01] | It’s inoperable, I’m afraid. | 恐怕用不了了 |
[21:04] | Doctor, this way. | 医生 这边请 |
[21:08] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[21:57] | Royal likes you. | 罗伊尔喜欢你 |
[21:59] | It’s unusual. | 这很不寻常 |
[22:01] | Do you know, he hasn’t left his penthouse since the accident. | 知道吗 他车祸后就再没出过顶层公寓 |
[22:06] | You seem to know everyone. | 你似乎认识每个人 |
[22:09] | But everyone thinks they know me. | 但每个人都自以为认识我 |
[22:12] | That’s the trick. | 这才是技术 |
[22:17] | There’s a rigid social hierarchy here, | 这里有森严的社会等级 |
[22:18] | whether royal likes it or not. | 不管罗伊尔对此怎么想 |
[22:31] | Can you write me a script for sleeping pills? | 你能给我开点安眠药吗 |
[22:36] | No. | 不行 |
[22:45] | Then tell me how your sister died. | 那就告诉我你姐姐怎么死的 |
[22:48] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[22:50] | Walls have ears. | 隔墙有耳 |
[22:59] | I suppose I look like her. | 或许我长得像她 |
[23:03] | You don’t have to tell me anything. | 你不用说什么 |
[23:04] | I only really want to talk about myself. | 我其实也只想谈自己 |
[23:12] | There’s a brothel somewhere in the building. | 楼里有个妓院 |
[23:14] | I can find out for you if you’d like. | 如果你想 我可以替你打听 |
[23:33] | – Charlotte? – Darling? | -夏洛特 -亲爱的 |
[23:35] | Charlotte? | 夏洛特 |
[23:40] | This is Toby, my son. | 这是托比 我儿子 |
[23:43] | Where’s Laura? | 劳拉呢 |
[23:45] | Sorry. Just warming the milk. | 抱歉 刚刚去热牛奶了 |
[23:47] | – Doesn’t matter, I’m going out. – I don’t need a babysitter. | -没事 我要出门 -我不需要保姆 |
[23:50] | What you need is to go to sleep | 你需要去睡觉 |
[23:52] | or you’ll be tired for school in the morning. | 否则明天没精神上学了 |
[23:53] | I don’t want to go to school. | 我不想去学校 |
[23:54] | Of course you don’t want to go to school, | 你当然不会想去上学 |
[23:56] | but we all have to do things we don’t want to do. | 但我们都得做我们不情愿的事 |
[23:57] | It’s what growing up is all about. | 长大就是如此 |
[23:59] | Isn’t that right, Robert? | 是吧 罗伯特 |
[24:02] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[24:04] | Yep. | 是的 |
[24:06] | Sweet dreams. | 好梦 |
[24:07] | – Batteries. – I haven’t forgotten. | -电池 -我没忘 |
[24:11] | Come on, you. | 走吧 |
[24:15] | He’s smart as a whip. | 他特别聪明 |
[24:17] | I call him the little professor. He hates it. | 我叫他小教授 他可不喜欢了 |
[24:26] | You’re going? | 你要走了 |
[24:31] | I… | 我 |
[24:32] | I thought we were… I thought we were doing this. | 我以为我们要做这个呢 |
[24:34] | We’ve done it. | 做完了啊 |
[24:39] | You know, you look much better without your clothes on. | 你脱了衣服时要更好看 |
[24:42] | You’re lucky. Not many people do. | 你很幸运 这种人不多 |
[25:37] | Fascist pig! | 法西斯猪 |
[26:01] | Welcome to the 15th floor market. | 欢迎来到15层超市 |
[26:04] | Today we have a special offer on French bread | 今天法式面包和奶酪 |
[26:07] | and French fromage. | 打特价 |
[26:08] | Thank you for shopping on floor 15. | 感谢您在15层购物 |
[26:25] | Would you like an autograph? | 你想要签名吗 |
[26:28] | Actually, I was looking for the Riesling. | 其实 我在找雷司令 |
[26:58] | – What? – Grammaire. | -什么 -语法 |
[27:06] | Should I know that woman? | 我应该认识那女人吗 |
[27:09] | That’s Jane Sheridan. | 那是简·夏雷登 |
[27:11] | The actress. | 那个女演员 |
[27:13] | She doesn’t need all that stuff, she just likes spending money. | 她并不需要那些东西 她就是喜欢花钱 |
[27:17] | She’s preparing for a new role. | 她在为一个新角色做准备 |
[27:19] | She’s going to play a desperately sad actress | 她要饰演一个非常抑郁的女演员 |
[27:21] | who lives alone in an apartment block. | 在一栋公寓楼里独居 |
[27:31] | Keep the change. | 不用找了 |
[27:34] | There isn’t any. | 本来就是正好的 |
[28:29] | Munrow. Banking. | 门罗 银行业 |
[28:31] | Pangbourne. Gynecology. | 潘伯恩 妇科医生 |
[28:34] | My son’s pursuing medicine. | 我儿子也在学医 |
[28:36] | Amongst other things, I should hope. | 还有其他追求吧 |
[28:41] | That’s him. | 那就是他 |
[28:42] | He’s quite reassuring but rather cold hands. | 他挺会安抚人 但手很凉 |
[28:47] | Your husband appears intent on colonizing the sky, Mrs. Royal. | 您丈夫似乎打算殖民天空 罗伊尔太太 |
[28:52] | And who can blame him | 这也难怪 |
[28:54] | when you look at what’s going on down at… street level? | 看看街面上是一副怎样的景象啊 |
[28:58] | The German press say he’s a genius. | 德国媒体称他为天才 |
[29:01] | Germans. | 德国人 |
[29:03] | We’re award-winning. You can’t argue with that. | 我们拿了奖 这无可争议 |
[29:07] | Munrow. | 门罗 |
[29:09] | You feeling better? | 你好些了吗 |
[29:12] | Oh, you. | 你啊 |
[29:13] | – Did you invite him? – Of course not. | -是你请他来的吗 -当然不是 |
[29:15] | No, royal did, actually. | 不 其实是罗伊尔请我来的 |
[29:17] | I hope you don’t mind. | 希望你不介意 |
[29:18] | Must be one of his funny little social experiments. | 肯定是他好笑的社会实验 |
[29:21] | What have you come as? | 你这是穿成了什么 |
[29:23] | A dilettante? | 外行吗 |
[29:52] | Champagne, sir? | 喝香槟吗 先生 |
[29:57] | Yeah, thanks. | 好 谢谢 |
[29:59] | I wouldn’t take it personally, sir. | 别往心里去 先生 |
[30:01] | – No? – No. | -是吗 -嗯 |
[30:05] | I’ve seen you at the gym, haven’t I? | 我们在健身房见过 是吧 |
[30:09] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[30:11] | You set a very good pace. | 你的节奏很棒 |
[30:13] | So do you. | 你也是 |
[30:15] | Well, it takes a certain determination to row against the current. | 逆流而上是需要决心的 |
[30:23] | Yes, it does. | 是啊 |
[30:26] | Ah, Simmons, how are you? | 西蒙斯 你好吗 |
[30:29] | Excuse me. | 这是干什么 |
[30:30] | Won’t be needing that. | 你用不上那个 |
[30:49] | Cheap bastard. | 小气鬼 |
[32:02] | Wall? | 打球啊 |
[32:11] | So, how long were you stuck? | 你在里面困了多久 |
[32:16] | Not long, in the scheme of things. | 总的来说 没多久 |
[32:19] | Teething problems. Building is still settling. | 初期困难 大楼还在磨合 |
[32:28] | Still, I hear all the floors from the first to the twelfth | 不过 听说1层到20层 |
[32:32] | were out of power for several hours. | 断电了好几个小时 |
[32:35] | Yeah. Probably more fun in that lift than at Ann’s party. | 是啊 电梯里大概比安的派对还好玩点 |
[32:48] | I must apologize for my wife. | 我得替我妻子道歉 |
[32:50] | She was brought up in the insulation of a large country house. | 她在一栋与世隔绝的乡间豪宅里长大 |
[32:55] | She feels a constant need to re-establish herself on the top rung. | 她总觉得有必要重新竖立自己至高的地位 |
[32:59] | We toy with each other. | 我们总戏弄彼此 |
[33:01] | Not sexually, of course. | 但从不是在床上 |
[33:03] | By the way, I hear you’re fucking 374. | 对了 听说你在操374号 |
[33:07] | Her name is Charlotte Melville. | 她叫夏洛特·梅维尔 |
[33:11] | Yeah, Charlotte. That’s right. | 对 夏洛特 没错 |
[33:15] | She has quite a tight cunt, as I recall. | 我记得她的屄很紧 |
[33:19] | Believe me, I understand. | 相信我 我明白 |
[33:22] | At your age, straightforward, biological reason supervenes. | 你这年纪 完全遵循生理本能 |
[33:29] | But some of the people who live here, | 但这里有些住户 |
[33:30] | haven’t you’ve seen them? | 你没看到吗 |
[33:32] | The vanguard of the well-to-do. | 富人里的先锋 |
[33:36] | They’ve fitted themselves so tightly into their slots that… | 他们把自己牢牢地嵌在自己的位置上 |
[33:42] | …they no longer have room to escape themselves. | 他们都地方可以回避自己了 |
[33:45] | Slots designed by you. | 你设计的位置 |
[33:49] | I know. | 是啊 |
[33:56] | I’d conceived this building to be a crucible for change. | 我构思这栋大楼是想酝酿改变 |
[34:03] | I must have missed some vital element. | 我肯定是漏了什么重要的元素 |
[34:17] | What are you going to do about it? | 你打算怎么处理 |
[34:20] | There are women on my floor with babies | 我们那层有带孩子的女人 |
[34:21] | and they can’t even boil a kettle | 他们都没法煮开水 |
[34:23] | so they can sterilize their baby’s bottles. | 好给孩子的奶瓶消毒 |
[34:25] | Look… look! If you lower people overload the system, | 听着 如果你们低层的人过载了系统 |
[34:30] | – there will be cuts. – Who are you calling “people”? | -就肯定要断电 -你说谁呢 |
[34:32] | Look, I commend your bravery, old son, but don’t push it. | 听着 你勇气可嘉 但别太过分 |
[34:35] | You know very well that’s not what we were sold. | 你很清楚 我们花钱买的可不是这种待遇 |
[34:38] | I know for a fact | 我恰好知道 |
[34:39] | that you’re in arrears with your service payments, Mr. Wilder. | 你的物业费欠缴了 王尔德先生 |
[34:42] | You’re hardly in a position to take the moral high ground. | 你没什么资格占据道德高地 |
[34:45] | – Tell him. – No. | -说啊 -不要 |
[34:47] | Go on! | 说啊 |
[34:49] | My daughter was interfered with in the dark. | 我女儿在黑暗里被人骚扰了 |
[34:51] | She’s certain it was someone from the top. | 她确定那人是高层的 |
[34:54] | He was wearing expensive Cologne | 那人擦了贵重的古龙水 |
[34:55] | and stuffed a copy of the financial times in her mouth. | 还把一份《金融时报》塞进了她嘴里 |
[34:58] | We pay the same charges as the top floors. | 我们跟高层的人交了一样的电费 |
[35:00] | We want our fair share of the power. | 我们要我们的电力 |
[35:02] | Now you pull your finger out or I’ll take it above your head! | 你要么想办法 要么我就越级去找人了 |
[35:06] | I think you’ve made your point, Wilder. | 你说得很清楚了 王尔德 |
[35:08] | Hey, wait! Why don’t you just hold on a minute there. | 等等 你给我等等 |
[35:10] | Where the bloody hell do you think you’re going? | 你要去哪 |
[35:12] | The service lift’s out. Gotta come up front. | 杂物电梯坏了 我只能走这边 |
[35:15] | White wine. Thank god. | 白葡萄酒 谢天谢地 |
[35:27] | If you’re thinking of taking your grievances to the top, | 如果你想向高层抱怨问题 |
[35:29] | I doubt you’ll find much sympathy. | 他们恐怕不会太在乎的 |
[35:32] | You’ve met the architect? | 你见过建筑师了 |
[35:34] | Hovers over the place like a fucking albatross. | 像只信天翁一样围着这儿转 |
[35:37] | No. | 不用 |
[35:39] | One should pity him really. | 其实该同情他 |
[35:42] | One should, should one? | 是吗 |
[35:44] | Very magnanimous of you, I’m sure. | 你还真是有雅量 |
[35:49] | Listen, you couldn’t give me a lift | 你能不能开车送我 |
[35:50] | to the television studios, could you? | 去电视演播室 |
[35:52] | No, I’m sorry. | 不行啊 抱歉 |
[35:56] | I can’t seem to remember where I left my car. | 我实在记不住我把车停哪了 |
[35:59] | Funny, neither can I. | 有意思 我也是 |
[36:20] | Why don’t we have to go to school? | 我们为什么不用去学校 |
[36:22] | I don’t know, I’ll think of something. | 我不知道 我会想个借口的 |
[36:25] | You don’t want mummy to be lonely, do you? | 你们不希望妈妈孤单吧 |
[36:27] | That’s not how you spell “Arse”, darling. | “屁股”不是那么拼的 亲爱的 |
[36:36] | …rioting, which broke out on Tuesday | 因犯人不肯回囚室 |
[36:38] | after prisoners refused to return to their cells | 周二爆发了监狱暴乱 |
[36:40] | has escalated significantly according to prison… | 而现在局面进一步升级 |
[36:50] | I’m sorry, it can’t go on. | 对不起 不能再继续下去了 |
[36:52] | But it was you that pursued me. | 但是你追求我的 |
[36:55] | It’s over. Do you hear me? | 结束了 听到了吗 |
[37:23] | Oh, you’re better! | 你好点了 |
[37:26] | Munrow’s scan. He’s absolutely fine. | 门罗的扫描 他完全没事 |
[37:31] | He’s uncommonly arrogant. | 他特别傲慢 |
[37:33] | He needs bringing down a peg or two. | 得煞煞他的傲气 |
[37:35] | He’s young. | 他还年轻 |
[37:37] | Jean. Please. | 珍 行了 |
[37:40] | How’s the high-life? | 高楼生活如何 |
[37:43] | Prone to fits of mania, narcissism and power failure. | 经常出现狂躁 自恋和停电 |
[37:48] | Sounds an interesting case. Right up your street. | 听上去很有趣 你最拿手了 |
[37:51] | Possibly. | 或许吧 |
[37:52] | So, what’s your final decision? | 那么 你决定了吗 |
[37:55] | Everyone else has submitted. | 大家都定了 |
[37:57] | It’s only you who’s procrastinating, as usual. | 就差你 又一如既往地拖延 |
[38:01] | Cheese and pickle. | 奶酪泡菜 |
[38:07] | Thank you, Jean. | 谢谢 珍 |
[38:28] | Munrow? | 门罗 |
[38:30] | – A word, please. – Just a minute, Laing. | -跟你说句话 -稍等 朗 |
[38:32] | Look, so I’ll see you tomorrow. | 那好 我们明天见 |
[38:35] | Perfect. | 太好了 |
[38:42] | Funny us living in the same building. | 我们住在一栋楼里 真有趣 |
[38:46] | We’re just below royal. | 我们家就在罗伊尔家楼下 |
[38:48] | Where are you? | 你呢 |
[38:50] | You took a tumble the other day and we sent you for a scan. | 你前两天晕倒了 所以我们让你去做个扫描 |
[38:54] | Yes, it was unnecessary fuss. I hadn’t eaten. | 是的 就是小题大做 我就是饿了 |
[39:09] | I’m afraid we might have found something. | 我们恐怕有发现 |
[39:15] | What do you mean “something”? | 什么意思 “有发现” |
[39:34] | My father’s not gonna like this. | 我父亲不会高兴的 |
[39:44] | Come on, darling! | 加油啊 亲爱的 |
[39:46] | Chop-chop! Half a league onward! | 快点 向前冲 |
[40:01] | – What are you in again? – Sound. | -你做什么的来着 -音效 |
[40:04] | Just got back from Tanzania. | 刚从坦桑尼亚回来 |
[40:05] | Recording the mating cry of the baboon. | 记录狒狒求偶的声音 |
[40:08] | Awful bloody things. They throw shit at you. | 一群讨厌鬼 还冲你扔屎 |
[40:10] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[40:13] | An object that is in motion will not change its velocity | 运动物体保持匀速状态 |
[40:17] | unless an external force acts upon it. | 除非受外力影响 |
[40:21] | I’ve no qualms about the invasion of my privacy | 我不介意政府机构或 |
[40:23] | by government agencies or data processing organizations. | 数据处理组织侵犯我的隐私 |
[40:28] | All I want is my fair share of the electricity | 我只想要我应得的电力 |
[40:30] | so I can turn a damned light on | 好能打开灯 |
[40:32] | and ensure I’ve wiped my backside properly. | 看我擦没擦干净屁股 |
[40:35] | Teething problems, Wilder. The building is still settling. | 初期困难 王尔德 大楼还在磨合 |
[40:38] | Yeah, that what herr royal told you, was it? | 那是罗伊尔先生说的吗 |
[40:41] | The fact is, we’re all bio-robots now. | 事实上 我们现在都是生物机器人了 |
[40:45] | I mean none of us can live without the equipment | 我们离了身边的仪器 |
[40:47] | we surround ourselves with. Cameras, cars, telephones. | 都活不了 相机 汽车 电话 |
[40:51] | Exactly. | 是啊 |
[40:53] | – Thank you, Helen, very much. – I wanna go home. | -谢谢 海伦 多谢 -我想回家 |
[40:56] | I suspect Laing here | 我猜朗 |
[40:58] | has been charged with disseminating propaganda | 被派来在下层人民当中 |
[41:01] | amongst the lower orders. | 散布政治宣传 |
[41:04] | The dangling carrot of friendship and approval. | 以友谊和认可作为诱饵 |
[41:07] | Look, Toby, try to fit in, all right? | 托比 尽量融入大家 好吗 |
[41:10] | You want people to like you, don’t you? | 你希望大家喜欢你吧 |
[41:13] | The children were turned away from the pool this morning | 孩子们今早被从泳池赶了出来 |
[41:15] | – for being too noisy. – Under whose authority? | -说是他们太吵了 -谁让赶的 |
[41:18] | Our lives are too messy, Richard. | 我们的生活太乱了 理查德 |
[41:20] | Successful people don’t want to be reminded | 成功人士才不愿被提醒 |
[41:22] | that things can go wrong. | 事情并非总是一帆风顺 |
[41:25] | Is that right, Laing? | 是这样吗 朗 |
[41:28] | Are we the ones letting the building down? | 是我们配不上这栋大楼吗 |
[41:31] | I think any sensible person would envy what you have here. | 我觉得任何一个理智的人都会羡慕你的生活 |
[41:38] | Well, I won’t have my children humiliated. | 我可不允许我的孩子遭人羞辱 |
[41:44] | We’ll start a parents’ action group. | 我们建立个家长行动小组 |
[41:46] | – Here we go. – Who wants to go swimming? | -这可好 -谁想去游泳 |
[41:49] | All right, come on. | 好了 走吧 |
[41:53] | Richard, I don’t have costumes for all these children. | 理查德 我没法给每个孩子准备泳衣 |
[41:55] | I don’t even know if they can all swim. | 我都不知道他们是不是都会游泳 |
[41:57] | I’m not a parent but I am a psychiatrist. | 我不是家长 但我是精神病医生 |
[41:59] | Will that do? | 可以吗 |
[42:01] | The more the merrier. Come on, no time like the present. | 人越多越好 走吧 择日不如撞日 |
[42:03] | Come on, kids! | 走吧 孩子们 |
[42:05] | Swimming pool, swimming pool… | 泳池 泳池 |
[42:08] | – One thing’s for sure. – Yeah? | -有一点可以确定 -是吗 |
[42:09] | This building’s nowhere near as homogenous | 这栋楼远不想某人以为的 |
[42:10] | as someone would like to think. | 那么均衡 |
[42:13] | – You’re right about that. – Yeah. I’ll see you later. | -这是没错 -是啊 回头见 |
[42:15] | Bye. | 再见 |
[42:18] | Swimming pool, swimming pool… | 泳池 泳池 |
[42:20] | Swimming pool, swimming pool… | 泳池 泳池 |
[42:26] | Swimming pool, swimming pool… | 泳池 泳池 |
[42:32] | Is it always like this here? | 这里总是这样吗 |
[42:35] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[42:39] | Swimming pool, swimming pool… | 泳池 泳池 |
[42:44] | Swimming pool… | 泳池 |
[42:45] | Why haven’t you got a wife? | 你为什么没有妻子 |
[42:47] | Why haven’t you got a father? | 你为什么没有父亲 |
[42:52] | I’m so sorry. I… | 真对不起 我… |
[42:54] | I didn’t mean to say that out loud. | 我不是有意说出来的 |
[42:56] | Sorry, Toby. Come on, let’s help clear this up. | 对不起 托比 我们收拾收拾吧 |
[42:59] | Laura said your family’s all dead. | 劳拉说你家里人都死了 |
[43:01] | – What? – Did you kill them? | -什么 -是你杀了他们吗 |
[43:05] | No. No, Toby, I didn’t. | 不是 托比 我没有 |
[43:10] | What does it feel like to be the last one? | 只剩下你是什么感觉 |
[43:18] | You know, Toby, um… | 知道吗 托比 |
[43:21] | When I was your age I was always covered in something. | 我像你这么大时 身上总是有东西 |
[43:26] | Mud. | 泥 |
[43:28] | Jam. Failure. | 果酱 失败 |
[43:32] | My father would never associate with anything dirty. | 我父亲绝不会接触脏兮兮的东西 |
[43:36] | – Or real. – My father’s up there. | -或是现实 -我父亲在上面 |
[43:41] | You mean he’s in heaven? | 在天堂吗 |
[43:43] | Heaven’s not real, stupid. | 天堂不是真的 傻蛋 |
[43:48] | You should have gone with him. | 你该跟他一起去的 |
[44:21] | I’m gonna take Toby home. | 我要带托比回家了 |
[44:25] | I think I’ve forgotten how to sleep. | 我觉得我都忘记怎么睡觉了 |
[44:29] | You know, everyone’s in terrible debt like us, I’m certain. | 大家肯定都像我们一样 负债累累 |
[44:34] | They’re just better at hiding it. | 他们只是更会掩饰 |
[44:43] | Perhaps I can help. | 或许我可以帮你 |
[44:52] | Fuck’s sake. | 该死 |
[44:53] | Come on, Toby, let’s take the stairs. | 走吧 托比 我们走楼梯 |
[45:03] | Swimming pool, swimming pool… | 泳池 泳池 |
[45:05] | Guys, it’s closed. | 伙计们 泳池关了 |
[45:07] | Daiquiri for the screen siren. | 代基里酒给银幕美人 |
[45:11] | There’s nothing there. | 那里没东西 |
[45:12] | Are you blind as well as stupid? | 你是又瞎又傻 |
[45:13] | Look in my ear and tell me what you see. | 看我的耳朵 告诉我你看到了什么 |
[45:16] | Our party. | 我们的派对 |
[45:18] | Our rules! | 我们做主 |
[45:30] | – Mind if we join you? – Yes, we do. | -介意我们加入吗 -介意 |
[45:33] | Share and share alike, Janie. | 平均分享嘛 小简 |
[45:35] | Last one in’s a big fat sissy! | 最后下水的是胖娘炮 |
[45:44] | I shouldn’t really. | 我不该吃的 |
[45:46] | No, you shouldn’t. | 是啊 是不该 |
[45:51] | It’s undercooked. Send it back. | 没熟 拿回去 |
[46:06] | If it isn’t the social climber. | 这不是攀高枝的吗 |
[46:11] | She got you babysitting now, has she? | 她还让你替她看孩子了啊 |
[46:14] | Hold your horses. | 别急 |
[46:17] | That staircase is closed. | 楼梯关闭了 |
[46:18] | Don’t be absurd. | 别说傻话了 |
[46:23] | Well, we’ll just have to make our own entertainment. | 那我们得自己想办法消遣了 |
[46:30] | Won’t we? | 是吧 |
[46:30] | Come on. Crack a smile, why don’t you. | 来啊 笑笑啊 |
[46:34] | Scared your mascara will run? | 怕弄花睫毛膏吗 |
[46:36] | You’ll never work in television again, | 你再也别想再电视界混了 |
[46:37] | I’ll make damn sure of that. | 我会确保的 |
[46:49] | No children allowed. | 孩子不得进入 |
[47:12] | Why didn’t you punch him? | 你为什么没揍他 |
[47:15] | Good question. | 问得好 |
[47:58] | What’s happening? | 怎么回事 |
[48:01] | Have you seen Laura? She’s supposed to be babysitting. | 你看见劳拉了吗 她该来看孩子的 |
[48:03] | No. | 没 |
[48:06] | I’m going to the pool. | 我要去泳池了 |
[49:07] | – Give me that fucking candle. – Who the hell is that? | -把蜡烛给我 -那是谁 |
[49:10] | Out of my way. | 闪开 |
[49:11] | Munrow, know of a decent party | 门罗 知道哪有我们 |
[49:13] | – we can crash? – Out of my way! | -可以去的好派对吗 -闪开 |
[49:55] | Pity. | 可惜 |
[49:58] | An animal like this should be strong enough to swim for hours. | 这样的狗应该有力气游好几个小时的 |
[50:05] | It was like a child to her. | 对她就像孩子一样 |
[50:10] | Pathetic really. | 其实挺可悲的 |
[50:46] | Where did you sneak off to? | 你溜去哪了 |
[50:48] | Oh, well, the chlorine doesn’t agree with my eczema. | 泳池水会害我起湿疹的 |
[50:51] | Well, don’t do it again. | 下次别那样了 |
[50:53] | It reflects badly on a man’s character. Give me that. | 不是什么好品德 给我 |
[50:56] | Kids’ parties always put me on fucking edge. | 孩子的派对总让我很紧张 |
[51:02] | Now we’re getting somewhere. | 这才像话 |
[51:07] | Eeny, meeny, miny… | 一二三四 |
[51:11] | Mo. | 五 |
[51:16] | Oops a Daisy, you seem to have fallen off your tuffet. | 哎呦 你是摔倒了吗 |
[51:19] | My hero. | 我的英雄 |
[51:21] | Save me from myself. | 拯救了愚蠢的我 |
[51:24] | Get your hands off her, you cocky bastard. | 放开她 你个自大的混蛋 |
[51:26] | I may be a bastard, madam, | 我虽然是个混蛋 女士 |
[51:29] | but I’m a polite bastard. | 但我是个礼貌的混蛋 |
[51:32] | – She’s out of your league. – What about you, Sonny Jim? | -你配不上她 -那你呢 小子 |
[51:34] | Lover boy. Twinkle toes. | 小情人 小帅哥 |
[51:36] | Are you in my league, by any chance? | 我配得上你吗 |
[51:38] | Come on. Show the lady what you’re made of. | 来啊 让女士见识下你的厉害 |
[51:43] | Oh, dear, dear. That’s not a good start, is it? | 天呐 这可不是个好开头啊 |
[51:47] | Shall we try again? | 我们再试试吧 |
[51:50] | Try using your fists this time. | 这次尽量用拳头 |
[51:52] | It’s traditional. | 这是传统 |
[52:02] | Should we do something? | 我们要做点什么吗 |
[52:05] | Well, that’s a matter of opinion. | 看你怎么看了 |
[52:07] | There’s a school of thought that says we shouldn’t. | 也有的学派认为我们不该插手 |
[52:10] | Could do more harm than good. | 或许只能适得其反 |
[52:15] | Sonny Jim. | 小子 |
[52:17] | Wilder, stop it. | 王尔德 住手 |
[52:19] | What do you think of Laing? | 你觉得朗怎么样 |
[52:21] | Well, he’s hiding in plain sight. | 他在大摇大摆地伪装 |
[52:23] | It’s not a bad party, is it? | 这派对还不赖 是吧 |
[52:24] | There is something about him. | 他有些特别之处 |
[52:27] | Come on. | 来嘛 |
[54:19] | You can cross him off your waiting list. | 你可以把他从候诊名单上划掉了 |
[54:22] | He won’t be needing a head doctor any time soon. | 他最近都不会需要医生了 |
[54:27] | No, he won’t. | 是啊 |
[55:50] | No. | 不行 |
[55:54] | So who do you want me to blame? | 你希望我怪到谁头上 |
[56:19] | Suicide. | 自杀 |
[56:24] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[56:27] | God, I feel sorry for his mother. | 天呐 我真替他妈妈难过 |
[56:32] | I’m sure his people are taking care of everything. | 他的人肯定都料理好了 |
[56:45] | What’s in all of these boxes anyway? | 这些箱子里都是什么啊 |
[56:51] | Sex and paranoia. | 性和怀疑 |
[56:53] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[56:56] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[56:59] | – Shall we get some air? – Is that your sister? | -我们去透口气吧 -那是你姐姐吗 |
[57:02] | Probably. | 或许吧 |
[57:11] | Did you get any sleep? | 你睡过了吗 |
[57:14] | Not really. You? | 没有 你呢 |
[57:16] | No. | 没有 |
[57:19] | Talbot’s right. | 塔伯特说得对 |
[57:22] | It’s as if everyone suddenly silently | 就好像所有人都突然默默地 |
[57:23] | decided to cross some line. | 决定跨过一道界线 |
[57:26] | – Be worse tonight. – It’s not that bad, surely? | -今晚会更糟 -不会有那么严重吧 |
[57:28] | – Can’t be. – Are you sure you’re a doctor? | -不可能的 -你真是个医生吗 |
[57:33] | Of course I am. What else would I be? | 当然是 要不我还能是什么 |
[57:36] | Yuck! | 难喝 |
[57:49] | Laing! | 朗 |
[57:51] | Listen, I’ve got an idea. | 听着 我有个主意 |
[57:54] | A solid one. | 好主意 |
[57:55] | I need an introduction to the architect. | 我需要你引见一下建筑师 |
[57:58] | I’m gonna make a documentary about this place. | 我要拍一部关于这地方的纪录片 |
[58:01] | That young man Munrow, you know, the one who died last night? | 那个年轻人 门罗 就是昨晚死的那个 |
[58:05] | He’ll make a good starting point. | 他就是个好起点 |
[58:10] | I mean, doesn’t it seem odd, Laing, | 不觉得奇怪吗 朗 |
[58:13] | that a man can fall from the 39th floor | 一个人从39层掉了下去 |
[58:16] | and not one police car turn up? | 居然没有一辆警车来过 |
[58:19] | Where’s the investigation, Laing? | 怎么没人调查 朗 |
[58:21] | I mean, where’s the sirens? | 怎么没有警笛 |
[58:25] | Laing! | 朗 |
[58:31] | Christ! | 老天爷 |
[58:38] | Who was that? | 是谁 |
[58:39] | Wilder. | 王尔德 |
[58:42] | What did he want? Why didn’t he come in? | 他有什么事 怎么没进来 |
[58:46] | I don’t know, some scheme. | 我不知道 有什么计划 |
[58:51] | I’d steer clear of him for a while. | 最近最好别靠近他 |
[58:54] | Of Wilder? | 王尔德吗 |
[58:56] | Don’t be absurd. He went a bit overboard with Simmons, | 别傻了 他对西蒙斯是有点过了 |
[58:58] | but really he wouldn’t hurt a fly. | 但他连苍蝇都不会伤害 |
[59:01] | What about a dog? | 那狗呢 |
[59:04] | It’s rude to spy, Toby. | 偷窥是不礼貌的 托比 |
[59:07] | Leave him be, he’s not doing any harm. | 别管他了 他又没伤到谁 |
[59:08] | I wouldn’t, if I were you. | 我要是你就管 |
[59:10] | What have you got there? | 你拿着什么 |
[59:12] | A kaleidoscope. | 万花筒 |
[59:15] | What can you see through that thing? | 你能从那里面看到什么 |
[59:17] | The future. | 未来 |
[59:20] | And what do you want to be in that future of yours? | 你在未来想做什么 |
[59:22] | An engine driver? An astronaut? | 火车司机 宇航员 |
[59:26] | – I wanna be better than you. – Oh, for god’s sake, Toby. | -我想比你强 -老天爷 托比 |
[59:29] | He’s quite right. | 他说的对 |
[59:32] | I should go and change. | 我该去换衣服了 |
[59:48] | Simmons is right. | 西蒙斯是对的 |
[59:50] | Wilder is nothing but an unconscionable fucking reprobate. | 王尔德就是个毫无节制的流氓 |
[59:55] | He’s symptomatic, isn’t he? | 他有病 对吧 |
[59:57] | You know, the whole place obviously needs a firmer hand. | 这地方显然需要更严厉的管理 |
[1:00:01] | There’s no food left. Only the dog’s. | 没食物了 只有狗粮 |
[1:00:05] | And Mrs. Hillman is refusing to clean | 希尔曼太太还不肯做清洁 |
[1:00:08] | unless I pay her what I apparently owe her. | 除非我把”欠付工资”给她 |
[1:00:12] | Like all poor people, she’s obsessed with money. | 就像所有穷人一样 她眼睛就盯着钱 |
[1:00:16] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[1:00:18] | You know, we can’t have a repeat of last night. | 昨晚的事绝不能再发生 |
[1:00:21] | We have got to show the lower floors | 我们得让低层的人知道 |
[1:00:24] | that we can throw a better party than them. | 我们比他们更会开派对 |
[1:00:27] | Healthy competition is the basis of a modern thriving economy. | 良性竞争是现代经济蓬勃的基础 |
[1:00:32] | But you’re right, we must prevail. | 但你是对的 我们必须胜利 |
[1:00:35] | Right, first things first. | 首先 |
[1:00:39] | We must commandeer all necessary resources. | 我们得占有一切必要资源 |
[1:00:44] | Simmons? List. | 西蒙斯 听着 |
[1:00:48] | Booze. | 酒 |
[1:00:51] | Canapés. | 沙发椅 |
[1:00:55] | Cocktail onions. | 鸡尾酒酸果 |
[1:00:58] | Other suggestions? | 还有什么提议 |
[1:01:01] | Cake. | 蛋糕 |
[1:01:02] | Are we talking about a raiding party then? | 那么是要组建突击队吗 |
[1:01:05] | Not so harsh. | 没那么过激 |
[1:01:07] | Although I think we should be prepared | 但我们的确该为 |
[1:01:09] | to meet moderate resistance. | 适当的抵抗作准备 |
[1:01:16] | Royal. Just the man. | 罗伊尔 正找你呢 |
[1:01:19] | You still hold the key to the building, | 你仍然是大楼钥匙的持有者 |
[1:01:23] | symbolically, at least. | 至少是象征性的 |
[1:01:26] | We’d like you to lead a delegation. | 我们想请你做代表团主席 |
[1:01:28] | Where to? The united nations? | 去哪 联合国吗 |
[1:01:31] | The supermarket. | 超市 |
[1:02:16] | Richard? | 理查德 |
[1:02:18] | – Is that you? – It’s all right. | -是你吗 -没事的 |
[1:02:20] | Go back to sleep. | 继续睡吧 |
[1:02:32] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[1:02:35] | I’m starting a new project. | 我要开始一个新项目 |
[1:02:39] | Another prison documentary? | 又是监狱纪录片吗 |
[1:02:46] | – Richard? – What? | -理查德 -干什么 |
[1:02:50] | You shouldn’t leave me alone like that. | 你不该那样把我一个人撇下 |
[1:02:55] | I love you but I don’t trust you. | 我爱你 但我不信任你 |
[1:02:57] | I don’t think I ever have. | 我觉得我从来都没信任过你 |
[1:02:59] | Isn’t that sad? | 这是不是很悲哀 |
[1:03:00] | You’re not alone. | 你不是一个人 |
[1:03:03] | You’ve got the children. | 孩子不是在吗 |
[1:03:05] | Things would be better if we could afford to move to a higher floor. | 如果我们能搬到更高的楼层 情况会好些 |
[1:03:12] | It’s the light I envy them up there. | 我羡慕他们的灯光 |
[1:03:19] | Stop torturing yourself. | 别再折磨自己了 |
[1:03:23] | You’re perfectly happy. | 你很开心 |
[1:03:28] | Try and be more like Charlotte. | 学学夏洛特吧 |
[1:03:33] | Less giving, you mean? | 少付出一点吗 |
[1:03:44] | – At least leave me some money. – There’s money on the table. | -至少给我留点钱 -桌上有 |
[1:05:15] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[1:05:17] | Get out of my way! | 闪开 |
[1:05:38] | Residuum. | 残渣 |
[1:05:40] | Some of these people generate the most unusual garbage. | 有些人制造的垃圾简直难以置信 |
[1:05:43] | Objects that could well be of interest to the vice squad. | 有些东西刑警队会感兴趣的 |
[1:05:46] | Look. | 听着 |
[1:05:49] | I don’t know anything about it. | 我对此毫不知情 |
[1:05:52] | I don’t know what caused it. | 我不知道起因是什么 |
[1:05:56] | And I didn’t do it. | 也不是我干的 |
[1:05:57] | We’re on the same level. | 我们住在同层 |
[1:05:59] | That’s all that counts now. | 这是现在唯一要紧的了 |
[1:06:01] | At least until all of this blows over. | 至少直到事情平息 |
[1:06:06] | Restrain that intruder! | 管好那个闯入者 |
[1:06:08] | There, look! What we need is a good sturdy chain! | 看啊 我们需要根结实的链子 |
[1:06:20] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[1:06:21] | I’m packing to leave. | 我要收拾离开 |
[1:06:23] | What do you think? | 你以为呢 |
[1:06:24] | Has anyone actually made a formal complaint to the owners? | 有人正式向业主提出投诉了吗 |
[1:06:29] | We are the owners. | 我们就是业主 |
[1:06:31] | Pass me that green thing. Daddy likes to see me in it. | 把绿色那件给我 爸爸喜欢看我穿那个 |
[1:06:35] | You’re not going anywhere. I forbid it. | 你哪都别想去 我不准 |
[1:06:51] | Well… | 好啊 |
[1:06:55] | That’s the first time he’s touched me in… six months? | 这是他…六个月来第一次碰我 |
[1:07:12] | Simmons! | 西蒙斯 |
[1:07:16] | Simmons! | 西蒙斯 |
[1:07:19] | What’s wrong? Poor little chap. | 怎么回事 可怜的小家伙 |
[1:10:20] | What about him? | 他呢 |
[1:10:22] | I think he knows his place. | 我觉得他知道自己的位置 |
[1:10:46] | Good god, what do they look like? | 老天爷 他们什么样啊 |
[1:10:48] | You know, I’ve never been in one of these. | 知道吗 我从没进过这种地方 |
[1:10:50] | What does one do exactly? | 究竟该做什么 |
[1:10:51] | – Hunt and gather, of course. – Gather what, exactly? | -打猎搜集吧 -搜集什么啊 |
[1:10:56] | Welcome to the 15th floor market. | 欢迎来到15层超市 |
[1:10:59] | Today we have a special offer on French bread | 今天法式面包和奶酪 |
[1:11:02] | and French fromage. | 打特价 |
[1:11:03] | Thank you for shopping on floor 15. | 感谢您在15层购物 |
[1:11:09] | Talbot! Where the hell are you hiding, man? | 塔伯特 你藏在哪呢 |
[1:11:11] | The model here is less the noble savage | 这里的例子与其说是高贵的野蛮人 |
[1:11:13] | and more our un-innocent post-freudian selves. | 不如说是我们罪孽后佛洛依德时代的自我 |
[1:11:16] | Perhaps they resent never having had the chance to become perverse. | 或许他们对从来没机会堕落而感到怨恨 |
[1:11:21] | Outraged by all that over-indulgent toilet training. | 过度宽松的如厕练习让他们愤怒 |
[1:11:25] | Queue’s back here, pal. | 排队啊 伙计 |
[1:11:30] | Good. Working. Need to get to the top. | 好的 我得去楼上 |
[1:11:33] | This money’s yours if you can point me in the direction | 告诉我杂物电梯在哪 |
[1:11:34] | of the service lift. | 这钱就给你 |
[1:11:39] | Oh, hello, girls. Out on a spree, are we? | 姑娘们好啊 来疯狂购物了吗 |
[1:11:42] | That’s Wilder! | 是王尔德 |
[1:11:44] | Yes, I recognize you from the foyer. | 是啊 我在大厅见过你 |
[1:11:47] | Sort of an agitator type. | 是个挑事的 |
[1:11:57] | Bet you wish you’d gone to the back of the bloody queue now. | 你现在后悔没排队了吧 |
[1:11:59] | Bastard! | 混蛋 |
[1:12:05] | Obviously a far more dangerous mix | 显然这比我们 |
[1:12:06] | than anything our victorian forebears had to cope with anyway. | 维多利亚时代的先祖要面对的危险严重多了 |
[1:12:15] | Excuse me, let me through, please. | 借过 让我过去 |
[1:12:17] | Hold on. What have you got? | 等等 这是什么 |
[1:12:18] | – Let me see it. – Don’t touch that. | -我看看 -别碰 |
[1:12:19] | I wouldn’t do that if I were you. | 你最好别这样 |
[1:12:21] | Let me through, it’s my paint. | 让我过去 这是我的油漆 |
[1:12:23] | Get off that, it’s mine. | 放开 是我的 |
[1:12:25] | It’s mine! | 是我的 |
[1:12:59] | It’s my paint! | 是我的油漆 |
[1:13:06] | You really smashed him up. | 你把他打得不轻 |
[1:13:08] | I think you burst his eyeball. | 你好像把他的眼睛打爆了 |
[1:13:25] | Misogynist! | 厌女者 |
[1:14:23] | Talbot? | 塔伯特 |
[1:14:29] | He’s expecting us. I wonder where he is. | 他知道我们要来 人呢 |
[1:14:39] | Don’t think you can count on the Geneva bloody convention | 别指望靠该死的《日内瓦公约》 |
[1:14:43] | to get you out of this one, you longhaired poofter. | 逃脱了 你个长发基佬 |
[1:14:45] | Help! Help! | 救命 救命 |
[1:14:57] | Room for two more? | 可以再加两个人吗 |
[1:15:08] | I haven’t got any money. Will this do? | 我没有钱 这个行吗 |
[1:15:13] | Look after your brother. | 照顾好你弟弟 |
[1:15:16] | Why? You made him. | 为什么 他是你生的 |
[1:15:20] | Is it the bomb? | 是因为炸弹吗 |
[1:15:21] | – When are you coming back? – Soon. | -你什么时候回来 -很快 |
[1:15:24] | Are you freaking out? | 你是吓着了吗 |
[1:15:28] | Kiss. | 亲亲 |
[1:15:30] | Kiss. | 亲亲 |
[1:15:46] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[1:15:48] | Come in, come in. | 请进 请进 |
[1:15:49] | Please. | 进来吧 |
[1:15:50] | It’s so nice to see you. | 见到你真高兴 |
[1:15:52] | Listen, you must give me your opinion. | 那个 你来帮我参谋一下 |
[1:15:57] | I think I’ve finally found the right tone. | 我觉得我终于找到合适的色调了 |
[1:16:02] | What do you think? | 怎么样 |
[1:16:15] | And now the shipping forecast | 现在播报气象局 |
[1:16:16] | issued by the met office | 航运行情预测 |
[1:16:18] | at 2-3-4-3 on Saturday the 18th. | 18日星期六23:43发布 |
[1:16:21] | There are warnings of gales in all areas except Trafalgar. | 除特拉法加 各地有大风预警 |
[1:16:25] | The general synopsis at 1-8-double 0, | 整体预报于18:00发布 |
[1:16:27] | low, 200 miles south of Iceland… | 低温 冰岛以南两百英里 |
[1:16:32] | Simmons! | 西蒙斯 |
[1:16:35] | Where’s my wife? | 我妻子呢 |
[1:16:37] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:16:39] | Well who invited all these people? | 这些人都是谁请来的 |
[1:16:41] | They invited themselves. | 他们不请自来的 |
[1:16:45] | You can’t hide up here forever. | 你不能永远躲在这里 |
[1:16:48] | You’ll have to go down there and save her. | 你得自己下去救她 |
[1:16:52] | He’s right. | 是啊 |
[1:16:54] | She could get herself killed. | 她可能会被杀 |
[1:16:57] | Or worse. | 或者更糟 |
[1:17:00] | Unless that’s what you want. | 除非你就希望如此 |
[1:17:03] | You are fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[1:17:09] | I don’t work for you. | 我不为你工作 |
[1:17:14] | I work for the building. | 我为大楼工作 |
[1:17:18] | Fisher, south-westerly, bearing westerly, | 菲舍 西南风 西风 |
[1:17:21] | six to Gale eight, perhaps severe Gale nine later. | 风级六到八 稍后可能达九级 |
[1:17:25] | Rain then wintry showers, moderate or poor becoming good. | 雨 稍后雨夹雪 中到大随后减弱 |
[1:17:30] | German Bight and Humber. | 德国湾 亨伯河 |
[1:17:35] | Come on! Come, come, come! | 来啊 来 来 |
[1:17:38] | Et tu, digby? | 你也背叛我啊 |
[1:17:48] | Right. | 好了 |
[1:17:50] | Which one of you bastards is going to fuck me up the ass? | 你们哪个混蛋要操我后庭 |
[1:17:56] | …Rain at times, | 时有阵雨 |
[1:17:57] | moderate or poor becoming good. | 中到大随后减弱 |
[1:18:00] | Biscay, south-westerly, six to Gale eight. | 比斯开湾 西南风 风级六到八 |
[1:18:03] | Occasional rain, moderate or poor. | 偶尔有雨 中到大 |
[1:19:05] | I’m coming. | 我要射了 |
[1:20:04] | – What floor are you on? – Uh, this one. | -你是哪层的 -这一层 |
[1:20:09] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[1:20:18] | Richard Wilder. | 理查德·王尔德 |
[1:20:22] | It’s a real pleasure, Mr. Wilder. | 很荣幸 王尔德先生 |
[1:20:29] | I’d watch out, if I were you. | 你最好小心点 |
[1:20:31] | There’s some very unhappy bunnies bouncing about. | 这附近有些很不满的人 |
[1:20:51] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[1:21:00] | White. | 怀特 |
[1:21:01] | Mr. Royal. | 罗伊尔先生 |
[1:21:03] | Everything all right, sir? | 一切都还好吗 先生 |
[1:21:05] | Perfectly. | 非常好 |
[1:21:08] | Bit of a mess in there, isn’t it? | 里面有点乱啊 |
[1:21:11] | Oh, you know, nothing that can’t be “swept under the rug”. | 没什么不能处理好的 |
[1:22:27] | Enough! | 够了 |
[1:22:32] | Kill you. Go on, all of you! | 杀了你 你们都给我滚 |
[1:22:38] | Quite enough fun at my wife’s expense. | 拿我妻子消遣够了 |
[1:22:42] | So if you will excuse us. | 我们失陪了 |
[1:22:47] | We have guests waiting upstairs. | 楼上还有客人等着我们呢 |
[1:22:49] | Guests? | 客人 |
[1:22:50] | – Come on, come on. – Silly old me. | -走吧 走吧 -我真傻 |
[1:22:57] | Thank you, darling. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[1:22:59] | I don’t know what I would have done without you. | 真不知没了你我要怎么办 |
[1:23:06] | Leave me alone! | 别来烦我 |
[1:23:08] | Leave me alone! | 走开 |
[1:23:09] | I won’t be ignored. | 别想无视我 |
[1:23:11] | Tell me about the architect. | 告诉我建筑师是什么人 |
[1:23:16] | Senior side down! | 老头子下来喽 |
[1:23:24] | I won’t be ignored. You work for the royals, | 别想无视我 你为罗伊尔夫妇工作 |
[1:23:28] | you must have a way into the penthouse. | 你们肯定有办法上顶层公寓 |
[1:23:30] | If I give you the key, will you get my money? | 如果我把钥匙给你 你能把我的钱拿来吗 |
[1:23:34] | Money? Of course. | 钱 好啊 |
[1:23:37] | If you really wanna know about Anthony Royal, | 如果你真想了解安东尼·罗伊尔 |
[1:23:40] | you’ll have to talk to that tart on 26 | 就该去找26层的那个荡妇 |
[1:23:43] | with that poor little bastard of his. | 带着他私生子的那个 |
[1:23:45] | Charlotte Melville? | 夏洛特·梅维尔 |
[1:23:48] | That’s her. | 就是她 |
[1:23:50] | To sweethearts and wives. | 敬情人和妻子 |
[1:23:52] | May they never meet. | 愿他们永不相见 |
[1:23:55] | I suppose you’re a good boy really, aren’t you? | 你其实是个好孩子 是吧 |
[1:24:00] | Big enough to come and go as you please. | 你已经长大了 可以随意来去 |
[1:24:04] | Big enough to have your own key. | 可以自己拿钥匙了 |
[1:24:19] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[1:24:21] | I want to see you, just once, properly. | 我想看看你 就一次 好好看看你 |
[1:24:25] | Please don’t. | 别 |
[1:24:30] | I’m nearly perfectly happy just as I am. | 我现在几乎觉得完全自在开心 |
[1:24:34] | Probably for the first time. | 这或许是第一次 |
[1:24:40] | Well, Charlotte’s right about one thing. | 夏洛特说对了一点 |
[1:24:44] | You are definitely the best amenity in the building. | 你的确是楼里最礼貌的人 |
[1:24:53] | Bugger off, you little shit! | 滚开 你个小混蛋 |
[1:24:55] | Or I’ll pull your teeth out through your ears | 否则我把你的牙从耳朵里拔出来 |
[1:24:57] | and use them for buttons! | 当按钮使 |
[1:24:59] | Fuck! | 该死 |
[1:25:09] | What’s this? | 这怎么回事 |
[1:25:11] | It’s all right, Steele. | 没事的 斯蒂尔 |
[1:25:18] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[1:25:19] | It could be worth something. | 或许有点价值呢 |
[1:25:21] | I’ve heard people are bartering wives for food on other floors. | 听说其他楼层有人拿老婆换吃的 |
[1:25:26] | I’m not that hungry. | 我没饿到那个程度 |
[1:25:55] | Charlotte’s right about one thing. | 夏洛特说对了一点 |
[1:25:58] | You are definitely the best amenity in the building. | 你的确是楼里最礼貌的人 |
[1:26:16] | My name is Richard Wilder. | 我叫理查德·王尔德 |
[1:26:19] | My name is Richard Wilder! | 我叫理查德·王尔德 |
[1:26:22] | My name is Richard Wilder! | 我叫理查德·王尔德 |
[1:26:25] | My name is Richard Wilder! | 我叫理查德·王尔德 |
[1:26:36] | Richard Wilder! | 理查德·王尔德 |
[1:26:58] | Wilder? | 王尔德 |
[1:27:00] | What are you doing here? How did you get in? | 你在这儿做什么 你怎么进来的 |
[1:27:07] | I thought you’d be downstairs manning the barricades. | 我以为你在楼下守着隔挡呢 |
[1:27:13] | I only came to get the last of the supplies | 我是来拿最后的补给品的 |
[1:27:15] | but I see you found them. | 但看来已经被你找到了 |
[1:27:24] | Get off! | 放开 |
[1:27:27] | I know why I’m not your type. | 我知道我为什么不是你的型了 |
[1:27:30] | Don’t be so silly. | 别犯傻了 |
[1:27:32] | Oh, god, it’s not just you. It’s everyone. | 天呐 不是你一个 我谁都不喜欢 |
[1:27:35] | Fibber. | 撒谎 |
[1:27:38] | Let go! | 放手 |
[1:27:40] | I know about you. | 我知道你的事了 |
[1:27:42] | I know about the architect. | 我知道建筑师的事了 |
[1:27:45] | I know about Toby. | 我知道托比的事了 |
[1:27:49] | You don’t know anything. | 你什么都不知道 |
[1:27:50] | Quite the little building project, isn’t he, our Toby? | 小托比 真是好个建筑工程呢 |
[1:27:55] | The little professor. | 小教授 |
[1:28:04] | Power will be restored tomorrow. | 电力明天就能恢复了 |
[1:28:08] | Day after at the latest. | 最迟后天 |
[1:28:13] | I’ll help you with your stupid documentary then. | 我到时会帮你拍你的破纪录片 |
[1:28:19] | But now I’m going back to the party. | 但现在我要回派对去了 |
[1:28:29] | Oh, I think you’ve had enough excitement for one day. | 我觉得你今天的刺激够多了 |
[1:28:33] | Richard, stop it. Stop it! | 理查德 停下 够了 |
[1:28:35] | No! | 不要 |
[1:28:54] | Please help me. | 救救我 |
[1:28:57] | Please help! | 救命 |
[1:29:01] | Please! | 救命 |
[1:29:07] | What are you doing in there? | 你在那儿干什么 |
[1:29:15] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[1:29:22] | What are you doing in there? | 你在那儿干什么呢 |
[1:29:29] | What do you all do while I’m at work? | 我在上班 你在干什么 |
[1:30:32] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[1:32:20] | Now he’s raping people he’s not supposed to. | 他现在还开始强奸他不该强奸的人了 |
[1:32:23] | And to top it all, Mercer here says he actually shat | 更有甚者 默瑟说他往他公文包里 |
[1:32:27] | in his attaché case. | 拉了屎 |
[1:32:31] | Seems Richard Wilder is certainly a Maverick. | 看来理查德·王尔德绝对是个异类 |
[1:32:35] | A barrister, aren’t you, Mercer? | 你是出庭律师吧 默瑟 |
[1:32:38] | Retired. | 退休了 |
[1:32:39] | But it’s still, it’s the principle. | 但还是 这是原则 |
[1:32:44] | And I suppose you believe that there should be unspoken rules? | 你觉得该有不成文的规则吗 |
[1:32:49] | Even for this sort of thing? | 即便是对这种事而言 |
[1:32:52] | Quite. | 当然 |
[1:32:54] | Simmons has come up with a workable solution. | 西蒙斯想出了可行的解决方案 |
[1:32:57] | We get Laing to lobotomize Wilder. | 我们让朗给王尔德做脑叶切断术 |
[1:33:04] | You can’t be serious. | 你不是说真的吧 |
[1:33:07] | It’s an interesting thought. | 这想法很有趣 |
[1:33:09] | For the good of the building, you mean? | 是为了大楼 |
[1:33:11] | If you like. | 可以这么说 |
[1:33:13] | Shouldn’t be too difficult. | 应该不会太难 |
[1:33:15] | We’ve already made contact with Laing. | 我们已经联系了朗 |
[1:33:17] | He insists on carrying out a psychological evaluation first. | 他坚持要先进行心理评估 |
[1:33:22] | Humor him, then. | 那就迁就他 |
[1:33:23] | There’s bound to be something we can give Laing in exchange. | 我们肯定能给朗点什么作为交换 |
[1:33:26] | I’d imagine he wants to be left alone. | 我猜他想不受打扰 |
[1:33:32] | Nevertheless, you’re all forgetting one small point. | 不管怎样 你们都忘记了一个小点 |
[1:33:38] | This is my party. | 这是我的派对 |
[1:33:40] | You’re all my guests. | 你们都是我的客人 |
[1:33:43] | I shall be the one who decides if someone is lobotomized. | 该由我来决定要不要给谁做脑叶切断术 |
[1:33:48] | You should thank us! | 你该感谢我们 |
[1:33:53] | You’re the one he really wants! | 你才是他真正想要的 |
[1:33:56] | What? | 什么 |
[1:33:58] | After all, you stole his wife. | 毕竟 你偷走了他妻子 |
[1:34:03] | I what? | 我什么 |
[1:34:07] | Certainly looks like that on paper. | 至少看上去是如此 |
[1:34:09] | Where is Wilder’s wife now? | 王尔德的妻子在哪呢 |
[1:34:13] | Broom cupboard. | 扫帚柜 |
[1:34:15] | Oh, perfect. | 太好了 |
[1:34:16] | We’ve got a vacancy for a cleaner, haven’t we? | 我们正好缺个清洁工 是吧 |
[1:34:20] | Yeah, right, anyone going to work? | 是啊 有人要去上班吗 |
[1:34:24] | Cosgrove. | 科斯格罗夫 |
[1:34:26] | Most have taken leave. | 大部分人都请假了 |
[1:34:28] | Well, quite right. | 这就对了 |
[1:34:30] | The real work is here. | 真正的工作在这里 |
[1:34:32] | Once we’ve dispensed with the likes of Wilder, | 等我们把王尔德这种人都肃清了 |
[1:34:34] | we play the lower people off against each other. | 我们就挑拨低层人自相残杀 |
[1:34:38] | In short, balkanize the central section. | 总之 割据中央区 |
[1:34:41] | Then begin colonization of the entire building. | 然后开始殖民整个大楼 |
[1:34:45] | Then I propose that Royal, here, draw up plans | 然后我建议罗伊尔草拟计划 |
[1:34:51] | to remodel the lower floors. | 重建低层 |
[1:34:55] | Yes, a driving range. | 是的 练习场 |
[1:34:57] | Cricket nets. | 板球场 |
[1:34:59] | Clubhouse. | 俱乐部 |
[1:35:03] | What about the horse? | 马怎么办 |
[1:35:05] | What about the horse? | 马怎么了 |
[1:35:07] | We’re gonna eat it. | 我们要吃掉它 |
[1:35:12] | Dinner parties don’t grow on trees, darling. | 晚餐不是树上长出来的 亲爱的 |
[1:35:16] | French do it all the time. | 法国人经常这么干 |
[1:35:18] | Motion’s carried. | 动议通过 |
[1:35:20] | Meeting adjourned. | 休会 |
[1:35:22] | Wouldn’t say no to a bloody Mary. | 我很想喝一杯血腥玛丽 |
[1:35:24] | I’ll have the kitchen look into it. | 我去让厨房准备 |
[1:35:26] | Who is the kitchen? | 厨房谁在操持 |
[1:35:27] | The wives are rotating. | 妻子们在轮班 |
[1:35:32] | Still enjoying the party, darling? | 还喜欢这派对吗 亲爱的 |
[1:36:00] | Fucking Christ. | 老天爷 |
[1:37:03] | Cosgrove really is quite convincing. | 科斯格罗夫真是很有说服力 |
[1:37:20] | What are you doing? I… how fucking dare you! | 你们干什么 好大的胆 |
[1:38:18] | Laing! | 朗 |
[1:38:21] | Funny, I was just thinking about you. | 有意思 我正想着你呢 |
[1:38:27] | I was just about to leave. Come in. | 我刚要走 进来吧 |
[1:38:36] | How are things? | 你怎么样 |
[1:38:42] | Comme ci comme ca. | 就那样 |
[1:38:48] | Have you seen Helen? | 你看见海伦了吗 |
[1:38:51] | No. | 没有 |
[1:38:57] | I’m no good without her. | 我没她不行 |
[1:39:01] | She shouldn’t leave me alone. It’s this place. | 她不该丢下我一人 都怪这地方 |
[1:39:05] | Won’t let me find my equilibrium. | 不让我找到我的平衡 |
[1:39:13] | I thought I was cut out for it, but… | 我以为我能行 但是 |
[1:39:16] | I’m not. | 我不行 |
[1:39:20] | Living in a high-rise requires a special type of behavior. | 住在高楼需要一种特定的行为 |
[1:39:26] | Acquiescent. | 逆来顺受 |
[1:39:28] | Restrained. | 克制 |
[1:39:33] | Perhaps even slightly mad. | 或许还有些许的疯狂 |
[1:39:40] | The ones who are the real danger | 真正危险的 |
[1:39:42] | are the self-contained types like you. | 就是你这种沉默寡言的人 |
[1:39:47] | Impervious to the psychological pressures of high-rise life. | 不受高楼生活的压力的影响 |
[1:39:54] | Professionally detached. | 不动感情 |
[1:39:58] | Thriving. | 过得很好 |
[1:39:59] | Like an advanced species in the neutral atmosphere. | 就像中性大气中的优越种族 |
[1:40:12] | I’m sorry you think that. | 很遗憾你这么想 |
[1:40:15] | No, you’re not. | 你才不遗憾呢 |
[1:40:25] | Perhaps you’re right. | 或许你是对的 |
[1:40:39] | This might help. | 这你或许用得上 |
[1:42:26] | You won’t be needing that. | 你用不上这个了 |
[1:42:32] | Come on, chop-chop! | 快点 快走 |
[1:42:47] | Laing. | 朗 |
[1:42:48] | Good of you to join us. | 你能来太好了 |
[1:42:51] | He won’t do it. | 他不肯做 |
[1:42:53] | You should probably reconsider that. | 你最好重新考虑 |
[1:42:56] | It’s not possible, I’m afraid. | 恐怕不可能 |
[1:42:58] | I will not lobotomize Richard Wilder. | 我不会给理查德·王尔德做脑叶切断术的 |
[1:43:00] | He’s possibly the sanest man in the building. | 他可能是大楼里最正常的人了 |
[1:43:13] | Well, it’s flying school for you, I’m afraid, chum. | 那你就去飞吧 伙计 |
[1:43:20] | – Can I have his tie? – If you must. | -能把他的领带给我吗 -如果你非要的话 |
[1:43:22] | – That’s Savile Row, innit? – Yes. | -是萨维尔街的吧 -对 |
[1:43:31] | Pangbourne! | 潘伯恩 |
[1:43:33] | What, Royal? I’m in the middle of something. | 干什么 罗伊尔 我正忙呢 |
[1:43:36] | You can’t put him over the edge. He owes me a game of squash. | 你不能把他丢下去 他还欠我一局壁球赛呢 |
[1:43:39] | Look, I insist you stop this at once. | 我坚持你们马上停止 |
[1:43:44] | All right then, let him go. | 好吧 放了他 |
[1:43:55] | I’m having that tie one way or another. | 那领带我要定了 |
[1:44:33] | Ever thought of leaving the nest yourself? | 考虑过自己离开吗 |
[1:44:36] | I was the first to arrive, I shall be the last to leave. | 我是第一个来的 就要最后一个走 |
[1:44:50] | You recall us speaking about | 你记得我曾跟你说过 |
[1:44:52] | my hopes for the building to be a crucible for change? | 我希望大楼能酝酿改变吗 |
[1:44:58] | Of course. | 当然 |
[1:44:59] | Well, all this has made me realize something quite fundamental. | 这一切让我明白了一个基本的道理 |
[1:45:05] | It wasn’t that I left an element out, | 我并非遗漏了什么元素 |
[1:45:08] | it was that I put too many in. | 而是我加入的元素太多了 |
[1:45:12] | And now the building’s failure | 现在大楼的失败 |
[1:45:16] | has offered those people | 给了那些人 |
[1:45:19] | the beginnings of a means of escape to a new life. | 逃向新生活的起点 |
[1:45:29] | Who knows… | 谁知道呢 |
[1:45:32] | Perhaps it will become a paradigm for future developments. | 或许它会成为未来建设的范例 |
[1:45:40] | And you, have you settled? | 你呢 你安顿下来了吗 |
[1:45:45] | I believe so. | 我觉得是的 |
[1:45:50] | Impressions? | 有什么看法 |
[1:46:10] | Well, the lights, fire, like neurons in a great brain. | 灯光 火光 就像大脑的神经元 |
[1:46:18] | The lifts seem like the chambers of a heart. | 电梯就像心脏的心房 |
[1:46:22] | – And when I move… – That’s it! | -我走动时 -就这样 |
[1:46:26] | I move along its corridors like a cell… | 我沿着它的走廊走动 就像细胞 |
[1:46:31] | …in a network of arteries. | 沿着动脉网络移动 |
[1:46:33] | There we are. | 好了 |
[1:46:37] | There. That wasn’t so bad, now was it? | 好了 还不算太糟 是吧 |
[1:46:41] | Bravo. | 精彩 |
[1:47:00] | What… what is this? | 这是什么 |
[1:47:02] | What do you think? | 你以为呢 |
[1:47:15] | Pudding? | 布丁有吗 |
[1:47:18] | Right, while I’ve got your ear… | 正好你在 |
[1:47:22] | About Richard Wilder. | 关于理查德·王尔德 |
[1:47:24] | You don’t need to worry about Richard. | 你不用担心理查德 |
[1:47:27] | Or the others. | 或是其他人 |
[1:47:41] | Bloody Mary, John? | 来杯血腥玛丽 约翰 |
[1:47:43] | – Wet the baby’s head. – Where are all the menfolk? | -庆祝孩子降生 -男人都哪去了 |
[1:47:48] | Cosgrove was taken, I’m afraid. | 科斯格罗夫恐怕被劫走了 |
[1:47:51] | On his way back from work. | 下班回来的时候 |
[1:47:53] | Christ. | 老天爷 |
[1:47:54] | Really? | 真的 |
[1:47:57] | Simmons has gone to get him back. | 西蒙斯去找他了 |
[1:48:00] | They may be some time. | 他们可能得离开好一会儿 |
[1:48:04] | Now tell me. | 告诉我 |
[1:48:06] | I can’t remember. | 我记不得了 |
[1:48:07] | Have I ever given you my autograph? | 我给你签过名吗 |
[1:48:38] | Whose area? | 这是谁的地盘 |
[1:48:40] | There’s another. | 那边还有一个 |
[1:49:07] | Helen! | 海伦 |
[1:49:09] | Helen! | 海伦 |
[1:49:13] | Helen! | 海伦 |
[1:49:19] | It’s you. | 是你 |
[1:49:24] | – The architect. – Yes. | -建筑师 -没错 |
[1:49:29] | You see you’ve made a mistake there. | 你犯了个错误 |
[1:49:32] | If you’d have confessed to your sins on camera | 如果我们当初在大厅遇到时 |
[1:49:34] | when our paths crossed in the foyer, | 你就在镜头前承认自己的罪孽 |
[1:49:38] | I’d have probably edited this bit out. | 我可能还会把这部分剪辑掉 |
[1:49:40] | I’m not accountable to you, Mr. Wilder. | 我不比对你负责 王尔德先生 |
[1:49:45] | Too late now, anyway. | 现在反正也太迟了 |
[1:49:47] | Camera broke. | 摄像机坏了 |
[1:49:49] | Oh, just one thing before you go. | 你走之前还有一件事 |
[1:49:53] | Why exactly did you take my wife? | 你究竟把我妻子弄哪去了 |
[1:49:57] | I can assure you, | 我向你保证 |
[1:49:58] | I have no interest in your personal property. | 我对你的私人财产毫无兴趣 |
[1:50:02] | Because I ask myself why would a great man like you | 因为我问自己 你这样了不起的人 |
[1:50:04] | feel the need to hide behind women’s skirts? | 为什么非要躲在女人裙子后面 |
[1:50:07] | Behind children, even. Your own, as well as others’. | 甚至躲在孩子身后 你的和别人的孩子 |
[1:50:11] | How dare you judge me! How dare… | 你怎么敢指责我 你好大胆 |
[1:50:15] | Helen! | 海伦 |
[1:50:24] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[1:50:26] | You sit there and think about what you’ve done. | 你就坐在那儿 想想你都做了什么 |
[1:51:25] | On the whole, life in the high-rise was good. | 整体上来说 高楼的生活还是不错的 |
[1:51:29] | There had been no obvious point at which | 事情并没有分明地 |
[1:51:31] | it had moved into a clearly more sinister dimension. | 在某一时刻开始变得更糟 |
[1:51:36] | Helen was right. | 海伦是对的 |
[1:51:38] | It was a huge children’s party which had got out of hand. | 就是个盛大的孩子的派对失控了 |
[1:51:45] | Of course, Laing was sorry the architect had died. | 当然 朗对建筑师的离世感到遗憾 |
[1:51:49] | He felt he owed the man a debt of gratitude | 他觉得他该感谢他 |
[1:51:51] | for his new family. | 让他找到了新家庭 |
[1:51:54] | The first Laing had ever really felt part of. | 第一个让朗有归属感的家庭 |
[1:52:08] | Now that several potential patients had emerged here in the building, | 由于楼内出现了几位潜在病人 |
[1:52:13] | Laing might start a private medical practice. | 朗或许可以开一间私人诊所 |
[1:52:15] | Do you fancy a drink? Cosgrove’s here. | 要喝一杯吗 科斯格罗夫就在那边 |
[1:52:19] | And help others surrender | 也帮助其他人 |
[1:52:21] | to a logic more powerful than reason. | 屈服于一种比理智更有力的逻辑 |
[1:52:24] | All boys together. | 男士们都在 |
[1:52:29] | Laing’s got someone waiting. | 有人等着朗呢 |
[1:52:32] | You know how it is. | 你懂的 |
[1:52:35] | Say no more. | 不必多说 |
[1:52:40] | One thing was certain, | 有一件事是肯定的 |
[1:52:43] | now that everything was getting back to normal, | 现在一切都渐渐恢复了正常 |
[1:52:46] | Laing would throw his own party. | 朗要办自己的派对 |
[1:52:49] | A modest project which, nevertheless, | 不会太铺张 但是 |
[1:52:51] | required careful and cautious planning. | 也得好好筹划一番 |
[1:52:55] | For now, he would sit back, | 现在 他要坐好 |
[1:53:00] | eat the rest of the dog | 吃完狗肉 |
[1:53:02] | and wait for failure to reach | 等待第二栋 |
[1:53:04] | the second tower of the high-rise development. | 高楼开始崩溃 |
[1:53:09] | Ready to welcome its residents into this new world… | 准备张开双臂迎接其住户 |
[1:53:13] | With open arms. | 进入这个新世界 |
[1:53:22] | I heard you out there. | 我听到你的声音了 |
[1:53:26] | Who were you talking to? | 你刚刚跟谁说话呢 |
[1:53:29] | No-one. | 没谁 |
[1:53:32] | Just the building. | 就是大楼 |
[1:53:36] | The free enterprise system | 自由企业制度 |
[1:53:39] | is a necessary but not a sufficient condition. | 是必要但不充分的条件 |
[1:53:42] | There is only one economic system in the world | 这世上只有一种经济体系 |
[1:53:45] | and that is capitalism. | 即为资本主义 |
[1:53:47] | The difference lies in | 区别在于 |
[1:53:48] | whether the capital is in the hands of the state | 资本是在国家手中 |
[1:53:51] | or whether the greater part of it is in the hands of people | 还是大部分资本在人民手中 |
[1:53:54] | outside of state control. | 不受国家控制 |
[1:53:57] | Where there is state capitalism, | 只要有国家资本主义 |
[1:53:59] | there will never be political freedom. | 就不可能有政治自由 |