英文名称:Hit Man
年代:2023
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:57] | 您将目睹一则略真实的故事 由盖瑞·约翰逊的生活启发 | |
[01:01] | So, what does Nietzsche mean when he says, | 尼采说的这句话又意味着什么? |
[01:04] | “The secret for harvesting from existence | “从存在中收获 |
[01:06] | the greatest fruitfulness, the greatest enjoyment | 最大成果 最大享受的秘诀 |
[01:09] | is to live dangerously! | 就是过危险的生活! |
[01:11] | Build your cities on the slopes of Vesuvius! | 在维苏威火山的山坡建造你的城市! |
[01:13] | Send your ships into uncharted seas! | 把你的船只驶入未知的海洋! |
[01:15] | Live at war with your peers and yourselves!” | 不断地与同伴和自己作战!” |
[01:19] | What is he getting at here? | 他要表达的到底是什么? |
[01:24] | Anybody? | 有谁能回答? |
[01:26] | Sylvia. | 西尔维娅 |
[01:28] | It sounds like he’s saying you have to put yourself out there. | 感觉上他是在说必须勇敢冒险 |
[01:32] | You have to take risks and get out of your comfort zone | 踏出自己的舒适区 |
[01:35] | because life is short. | 因为生命非常短暂 |
[01:37] | You have to live passionately and on your own terms. | 得充满激情 并按照自己的方式去生活 |
[01:41] | Well, I have a three-word response to that. | 对此我有三个字的回应 |
[01:44] | Ab-so-lutely. | 说得好! |
[01:46] | Says the guy driving a Civic. | 开思域的家伙说道 |
[02:39] | I know on the surface my life looks simple, a little plain. | 我知道我的生活 从表面看来简朴 有点平淡 |
[02:43] | A guy feeding birds and living alone with his cats | 一个在郊区喂鸟 与猫儿单独生活的男人 |
[02:46] | in the suburbs, but I liked my inner life. | 但我喜欢所拥有的内心世界 |
[02:51] | I was pretty happy. | 我是挺开心的 |
[02:53] | …At least, content. | 至少算是满足 |
[02:56] | Oh, by the way, my name is Gary Johnson, and for a few years, | 顺便说一下 我叫盖瑞·约翰逊 |
[03:00] | I’d been teaching psychology and philosophy classes | 这几年来 我一直在新奥尔良大学 |
[03:02] | at the University of New Orleans. | 教授心理学和哲学课程 |
[03:05] | While I’d always enjoyed living in a world of questions and ideas, | 虽然我享受生活在 充满疑问和理念的世界中 |
[03:09] | I also had a flair for all things electronic and digital | 我拥有电子和数码方面的天赋 |
[03:13] | and found myself supplementing my income | 为了增加收入 |
[03:15] | – by working part-time undercover… Hey, Gary! | 我在新奥尔良警察局 |
[03:17] | …with the New Orleans Police Department. | 找了个卧底的兼职 |
[03:21] | After some obligatory training, | 经过一些必修培训后 |
[03:23] | I was soon hiding cameras, mics, and getting good recordings, | 我就开始带着隐藏摄像机和麦克风 去偷拍优质证据了 |
[03:26] | mostly in murder-for-hire cases. | 主要都是一些雇凶谋杀的案件 |
[03:30] | What can I say? | 要怎么说呢? |
[03:31] | I was minding my own business when my life took the oddest of turns. | 在我忙着挣钱的时候 我的生活突然发生了最奇怪的转变 |
[03:46] | Jasper better watch his ass with this Craig guy. | 贾斯珀最好盯死这个克雷格 |
[03:49] | Several assault charges, possession… | 多项袭击指控 非法占有 |
[03:54] | Hey, Gary. | 嘿 盖瑞 |
[03:55] | Look, we just heard. Jasper can’t go in. | 我们刚刚收到消息 贾斯珀不能进去了 |
[03:58] | Chief officially suspended him for those teenagers he jacked up. | 局长正式把他停职了 因为他把那群青少年揍得半死 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1668个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:322个,六级词汇:194个,GRE词汇:210个,托福词汇:274个,考研词汇:356个,专四词汇:298个,专八词汇:62个, 所有生词标注共:658个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[04:01] | Finally. | 终于 |
[04:02] | Anyway, we’re thinking you’re up. | 我们认为该到你上场了 |
[04:05] | I’m up? What is “up”? | 上场?上什么场? |
[04:08] | Congrats, Gary, you just got promoted to contract killer. | 恭喜 盖瑞 你刚刚晋升为职业杀手 |
[04:15] | Oh, well, you reschedule. | 不 你可以重新安排时间啊 |
[04:18] | He’s not even here yet. | 反正他都还没到 |
[04:19] | Hitmen don’t cancel the first meeting. | 职业杀手绝不会取消第一次会面 |
[04:21] | Hitmen? | 职业杀手? |
[04:24] | Hitmen don’t exist. | 哪来的职业杀手 |
[04:25] | What, are we following made-up rules now? | 难道我们还要捏造个规则来遵守吗? |
[04:26] | You’ve seen this a million times. You can do it. | 你都看过一万遍了 你是行的 |
[04:29] | Why don’t you do it? | 那你为什么不做? |
[04:30] | No way. Tried years ago, almost got killed. | 决不 几年前就试过了 差点被杀 |
[04:34] | I don’t want to almost get killed either. Okay? | 我也不想差点被杀 好吗? |
[04:37] | I’m a civilian. | 我是平民 |
[04:38] | We got your back. | 我们会守护你 |
[04:39] | We’ll move in if it starts getting pear-shaped. | 如果情况开始恶化 我们就会插手 |
[04:44] | Clock’s ticking, I need you to grab Jasper’s wire. | 时间紧急 你得去拿上贾斯珀的窃听器 |
[04:46] | And you might want to check this out real quick. | 你也可能要快速过一遍这个 |
[04:48] | That is everything we know so far, Billy. | 这是我们目前所知道的一切 比利 |
[04:51] | – What? – Your alias. | – 什么? – 你的别名 |
[04:53] | “Billy.” Let’s go. | “比利” 走吧 |
[04:56] | Oh, my God, I’m gonna die. | 天哪 我死定了 |
[05:11] | What a bunch of cancel culture bullshit… | 一堆取消文化的屁话 |
[05:15] | I’m sorry about this, Jasper. So, Claude sent me to… | 非常抱歉 贾斯珀 所以克劳黛特派了我… |
[05:18] | You know, a lot of people were fine with what I did, given the circumstances. | 其实考虑到当时的情况 很多人都能理解我的举动 |
[05:22] | They actually had no problem with it. | 大家都不反对 |
[05:25] | If you read the comment section, it’s like two-to-one my side. | 如果你看看评论区 站我这边的大概二比一 |
[05:30] | That sucks. | 真可惜 |
[05:32] | Fuck ’em. | 他妈的 |
[05:35] | A 120-day suspension with pay. Fuck. | 120天带薪停职 操 |
[05:40] | Fuckin’ fine with me. I’m going fishin’, motherfuckers. | 他妈的行啊 那我就去钓鱼 操他妈的 |
[05:44] | I’ll spend the whole summer in Pensacola. | 就在彭萨科拉待一整个夏天 |
[05:47] | See how everyone around here does without me. | 看看没有我 大家能怎么办 |
[05:50] | Why are you in my car? | 你为什么在我的车里? |
[05:53] | Well, Claude said to get your mic and transmitter. | 克劳黛特让我来拿你的麦克风和发射器 |
[05:57] | So, who’s going in my place? | 那么是谁代替我? |
[06:03] | You? | 你? |
[06:07] | Right? | 就是嘛 |
[06:10] | I just feel like there’s better candidates. | 我觉得应该还有更合适的候选人 |
[06:12] | Yeah, yeah. | 的确 |
[06:16] | Eh… makes sense. | 也还行 |
[06:18] | You have this unreadable face, perfectly forgettable. | 你有一张扑克脸 过目即忘 |
[06:23] | I know. | 那也是 |
[06:26] | So, I’ve been listening on these for a while. | 其实我监听这个任务好一段时间了 |
[06:28] | You know, I kinda know what to say, but… | 大概都知道该说什么 但是… |
[06:31] | any wisdom? Or tricks? | 有什么计谋或花招吗? |
[06:33] | Bottom line, they gotta believe it. Okay? | 底线是 必须让别人相信 明白吗? |
[06:37] | They want you to be this killer, so you gotta be that. | 他们想请你当杀手 所以你就必须成为杀手 |
[06:40] | You can’t show any weakness. It’s…. it’s constant aggression | 不能泄露任何弱点 保持压迫感 |
[06:44] | until you hear the words out of their mouth. | 直到对方说出全部证词 |
[06:46] | Got it. | 明白 |
[06:48] | But you gotta be relaxed. | 但是一定要保持冷静 |
[06:51] | Easy breezy. | 放松呼吸 |
[06:53] | All right, so, I’m looking for… | 好 所以我应该 |
[06:55] | – …like, I’m trying to… | 就是像… |
[06:59] | Your job is to put these assholes in prison. | 你的工作就是把这些家伙送进监狱 |
[07:02] | – What’s up, Claude? – New Billy’s got to make moves. | – 怎么了 克劳黛特? – 新比利该行动了 |
[07:05] | – Craig’s here. – All right. | – 克雷格到了 – 好的 |
[07:06] | Oh, man… | 天啊 |
[07:09] | You only get one first impression. Don’t fuck it up. | 建立第一印象 只有一次机会 别搞砸了 |
[07:13] | You’re not wearing those in there, are you? | 你不会就穿成这样去吧? |
[07:21] | Honestly, these are pretty good, man. | 老实说 这裤子还挺不错的 |
[07:23] | They breathe really well. | 很透风的 |
[07:25] | Yeah. Oh. | 真的呢 |
[07:33] | You’re Billy. | 你是比利 |
[07:35] | You’re a killer! | 你是杀手! |
[07:42] | You kill… | 你以杀人 |
[07:45] | for a living! | 为生! |
[08:15] | Picked a bad table. Grab your shit. Sit down. | 选的座位好烂 拿你的东西 坐下 |
[08:27] | Listen, this whole thing’s gotta be based on trust. | 这件事必须建立在信任的基础上 |
[08:32] | Yeah, man. | 是啊 |
[08:34] | No shit. | 天才 |
[08:38] | So, uh… | 那么 |
[08:40] | …how long you been doin’ this? | 你在这行做了多久? |
[08:43] | That’s none of your fuckin’ business. | 那不关你他妈的事 |
[08:47] | Oh, shit. Look at Gary. | 行啊 看看盖瑞 |
[08:49] | You called me to do a job. | 你叫我来干活的 |
[08:50] | The man is a natural. | 果然有天分 |
[08:51] | Playing some offense here. | 还会搞进攻呢 |
[08:54] | You don’t know me, I don’t know you, and at some point in the future, | 你不认识我 我也不认识你 而在未来的某个时刻 |
[08:57] | that’s gonna be a good thing. | 这将是一件好事 |
[08:59] | We’re not going to be friends. You got it? | 我们不会成为朋友的 懂了吗? |
[09:04] | Got it. | 懂了 |
[09:08] | Breathe… Think hitman thoughts. | 呼吸… 想想杀手的想法 |
[09:11] | – So… – So… | – 好 – 好 |
[09:14] | …you’re assessing me. | 你在评估着我 |
[09:16] | Am I the right guy to eliminate your problem? | 我到底是不是解决你问题的合适人选? |
[09:19] | And, just so you know, I’m assessing you, too. | 那你也该知道 我同时也正评估着你 |
[09:24] | Are you full of shit? | 你是不是满嘴屁话 |
[09:26] | Some big talker who’s not serious? | 只会吹牛逼的不太认真的家伙? |
[09:28] | And if you are serious now, are you one day gonna find Jesus | 然而如果你的确是认真的 你会不会有一天 |
[09:31] | and be so overburdened by guilt and remorse | 因内疚和悔恨而背负不了沉重的负担 |
[09:34] | and confess your sins? | 去找上帝并承认你的罪恶? |
[09:35] | Are you gonna crack under pressure, Craig, | 你会在压力下崩溃吗 克雷格? |
[09:38] | and are you gonna point a fucking finger at me? | 然后你会指证我吗? |
[09:40] | Never! | 不会! |
[09:41] | Fuck, man, never. | 绝对不会的 |
[09:44] | In fact, I got it all worked out already. | 其实 我都想好了 |
[09:49] | Okay. | 好 |
[09:51] | Let’s hear it. | 说来听听 |
[09:55] | I work a seven and seven, | 我的工作干7天休7天 |
[09:57] | so starting this coming Tuesday, which is crew-change day outta Houma, | 所以从下周二开始 也就是出侯马的船员换班日 |
[10:01] | every second of my whereabouts is documented and accounted for. | 我的每一秒行踪将被记录为证 |
[10:07] | That way, uh, anything, uh… bad were to happen, | 那么要是发生什么不祥之事 |
[10:13] | no one could think I did it, right? | 也不会有人认为是我干的 |
[10:17] | Not Craig, uh-uh, | 嗯 肯定不是克雷格 |
[10:19] | cause Craig is out on an oil rig, isn’t he? | 因为克雷格在石油平台上呢 不是吗? |
[10:23] | A hundred and twenty miles out in the Gulf the whole damn time. | 一直都在190多公里外的海湾上 |
[10:28] | What do you think about that? | 怎么样?有何意见? |
[10:30] | That’s a good plan. | 非常好的计划 |
[10:31] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[10:32] | All right, I’d say Thursday or Friday is probably the best time. | 好吧 看来周四或五也许是最好的时机 |
[10:37] | Sounds good. | 可以 |
[10:38] | So, what are you thinking exactly? | 那么 你打算怎么样? |
[10:41] | You know, just take care of ’em? | 就是把他收拾了 |
[10:45] | What does that mean, exactly? | 那是什么意思 说清楚点 |
[10:48] | C’mon, man. | 这还用说嘛 |
[10:50] | You know what it means. | 你都懂的 |
[10:54] | No, he just needs to go away for good. | 不 就是让他永远离开 |
[10:58] | So, what’s your proximity afterwards? | 那么,你之后会在什么地方 |
[11:01] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[11:04] | Going to the funeral? | 会去参加葬礼吗? |
[11:05] | Funeral? | 葬礼? |
[11:08] | In my ideal world, | 在我的理想世界里 |
[11:10] | there wouldn’t have to be a funeral, would there? | 根本不必举行葬礼 不是吗? |
[11:12] | So, no funeral? | 就是说没有葬礼? |
[11:15] | Dude, I’m sorry, but… | 不 兄弟 不好意思… |
[11:17] | Oh, boy. | 糟了 |
[11:18] | Are we actually talking about the same thing here? | 我们是在聊同一件事吗? |
[11:21] | Going off the rails here. C’mon, let’s get back on track, Gary. | 脱轨了 赶快回到正题 盖瑞 |
[11:25] | The reason I’m asking is because it sounds to me | 我问的原因是因为在我听起来 |
[11:28] | like you’re talking about the disposal of a body, | 似乎你所说的关于尸体的处置 |
[11:31] | which is more risky for me. | 对我的风险更大 |
[11:33] | Gotcha… Yeah. | 收到 有道理 |
[11:35] | A faked suicide, botched robbery, I’m in and out. | 伪装成自杀 拙劣的抢劫 我都可以速去速来 |
[11:38] | What you’re talking about requires me to spend a lot of time with the body | 而你所说的需要我 花很多时间在尸体上 |
[11:41] | to make sure it’s never discovered. | 以确保它永远不会被发现 |
[11:43] | Right. I’m just curious… | 明白 我只是好奇 |
[11:49] | How you do that? | 你会怎么做? |
[11:51] | Look, I’ll let you in on a few of my secrets. | 好 我和你分享一些行内秘密 |
[11:53] | – Yeah. – I got different ways, but… | – 请说 – 我有很多不同的方法 |
[11:56] | in this case, | 但在这种情况下 |
[11:58] | I’ll probably go full on, | 我可能会全力以赴 |
[12:00] | separate the head from the body, do what I like to call a “bayou burial.” | 将头与身体分开 我称之为贝尤埋葬法 |
[12:05] | You know Bayou Gauche? | 你知道贝尤戈谢在哪吗? |
[12:07] | Sure do. | 知道 |
[12:08] | My family’s got land out there, so, late at night, | 我的家人在那里 有一块地 所以到了深夜 |
[12:11] | I’ll drift in undetected, drift out in a little boat, | 我会偷偷地漂进去 然后乘着小船漂出 |
[12:17] | let the alligators take it from there. | 让鳄鱼解决后事 |
[12:20] | I mean, are we talking about the body… | 你说的是身体 |
[12:25] | or the head? | 还是头? |
[12:26] | Body. | 身体 |
[12:28] | Head… | 头呢 |
[12:31] | Head is a different story. | 是另一回事 |
[12:33] | Head means teeth. | 有头就有牙齿 |
[12:35] | Teeth are a fuckin’ problem. | 而牙齿是个大问题 |
[12:38] | Dental records, right? | 牙科记录 是吗? |
[12:41] | Okay. | 好 |
[12:43] | So, what do you do about that? | 那么你会怎么处理? |
[12:46] | Well, I find a spot in the middle of nowhere, | 找一个鸟不生蛋之处 |
[12:50] | stick of dynamite in the mouth… | 往嘴里塞一支雷管 |
[12:53] | No more teeth, no more problem. | 没有牙齿 没有问题 |
[12:57] | You just blow that fucker up, huh? | 就直接炸烂那混蛋? |
[12:59] | Goddamn. | 我的妈呀! |
[13:02] | Wow. | 哇 |
[13:05] | Hey, what about fingerprints, huh? | 嘿 指纹呢? |
[13:08] | I mean, those are kinda like teeth, right? I mean, they can identify from that? | 我的意思是 那些有点像牙齿 他们也可以识别那个不是吗? |
[13:13] | What do you do about that? | 你又会怎么处理? |
[13:16] | I can tell you’re very thorough in your thinking, | 看得出来你考虑得很周全 |
[13:18] | which is good. | 是一件好事 |
[13:20] | Now, in case the headless, uneaten body is discovered, | 万一没被吃掉的无头尸体被发现了 |
[13:23] | which has never happened with me, but, yeah… | 虽然在我的处置下从未发生过 |
[13:27] | no more fingertips. | 但是绝对不会有指纹 |
[13:28] | I would have already removed those and dispersed them separately. | 因为早已经被我取下并四处扔掉了 |
[13:34] | Sounds kind of weird, but… I got a ritual. | 或许有点奇怪 但我有个仪式 |
[13:39] | So, I divide the number of miles by the number of fingers, | 我用英里数除以手指数 |
[13:42] | so when I’m driving out to a location, in this case 50 miles… | 当我开车去某个地点时 比如说50英里 |
[13:47] | I roll down the window, toss one out every five miles or so. | 我将摇下车窗 每隔五英里左右就扔出一只 |
[13:52] | Just toss them fingers out the window… | 顺便把手指扔出窗外 |
[13:56] | Shit, man, you’re the…. | 妈的 你真是… |
[13:58] | you’re the real deal, aren’t ya? | 你果然是货真价实 |
[14:00] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[14:01] | And by the way, | 还有 |
[14:03] | I’m not running a fuckin’ charity here. | 我经营的可不是慈善机构 |
[14:07] | Did you bring the cash? | 你带现金了吗? |
[14:08] | Oh, shit, yeah. No, of course. | 哦 是的 当然 |
[14:20] | I’ve got, uh, 2,500, uh, cash now, | 我带了2500元的现金 |
[14:24] | and, uh, I give you the other 2,500 after, right? | 完成以后 再给你剩余的2500 对吗? |
[14:31] | Great. | 行 |
[14:33] | Now, I just need your absolute final sign-off. | 现在 我只需要你的最终敲定 |
[14:36] | We’re entering a contract here | 你我正在签订一份合同 |
[14:37] | you won’t be able to walk away from in about a week. | 大约一周后你将永远无法退出 |
[14:39] | So, I need you to look me in the eyes, | 所以我需要你看着我的眼睛 |
[14:41] | and I need to hear the words out of your mouth right now. | 现在我要听见你亲口把话说出来 |
[14:43] | Chill. I just… | 冷静 我 |
[14:45] | I just thought that we, you know, agreed to it already, but, yeah. | 我以为我们 已经达成了协议 好吧 |
[14:49] | Look man, I-I want you to off this guy | 我只要你以最合适的方式 |
[14:52] | in… whatever way suits you best. | 去除掉那个家伙 |
[14:55] | Got him. | 抓到把柄了 |
[14:56] | I knew it. | 就知道 |
[14:57] | We’ll be in touch. | 保持联系 |
[15:00] | I gotta say, man, | 你从事的职业 |
[15:02] | hell of a profession you’re in. | 真的不简单 |
[15:04] | Yep. | 是 |
[15:05] | The next time you see me, you’ll have a brand-new life. | 下一次见面 你就会拥有全新的生活 |
[15:09] | I guess so. | 应该会 |
[15:17] | Freeze! Put your hands up! | 站住!双手举起! |
[15:19] | Go, go, go, go. | 上 上 上 |
[15:20] | – What the fuck? – Let me see your hands. | – 怎么回事? – 伸手过来 |
[15:22] | – Turn, let me see your hands. – The fuck did I do? | – 转过去 双手给我 – 我做错了什么? |
[15:23] | Huh? Fuck! Fuckin’ hands off…. | 啊 他妈的 滚开 |
[15:26] | You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will | 你有权保持沉默 你所说的一切 |
[15:28] | be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. | 都将成为呈堂证供 你有权聘请律师咨询 |
[15:31] | If you so desire, and cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you by the court. | 如果你无法负担律师费 法庭可以为你免费指定律师 |
[15:33] | Do you understand these rights? Do you understand these rights? | 你是否完全了解上述权利? |
[15:36] | I understand you should go fuck yourself. How about that? | 我了解你妈个头 怎么样 |
[15:40] | You got him. Good job. | 做得好 辛苦啦 |
[15:43] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[15:45] | Okay, Daniel Day! | 不错嘛 丹尼尔·戴! |
[15:47] | Nailed that fucker. | 钉死那混蛋了 |
[15:49] | You got the cash, got the right words out of him, sheesh! | 收到了买凶钱 又把证据从他嘴里套了出来 天啊! |
[15:52] | – So that was good? – Yeah! | – 干的还不错? – 非常好! |
[15:53] | You got him, man! Great job, Gary. | 你搞定了他 干得好 盖瑞 |
[15:56] | That was so smooth. Who was that guy in there? | 简直是行云流水 刚刚那个人是谁啊? |
[15:59] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[16:01] | Open and fuckin’ shut. You might have just saved a life. | 迅速结案 而且你可能还拯救了一条生命 |
[16:03] | How’s that feel? | 感觉如何? |
[16:05] | Feels good. Feels really good. | 感觉不错 非常棒 |
[16:08] | Hey, can I have my pants back now? | 嘿 我可以把裤子拿回了吗? |
[16:09] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[16:13] | God, you guys are weird. | 天哪 你们真奇怪 |
[16:20] | Hey, Gary. | 嘿 盖瑞 |
[16:21] | Does your family really have land out on the bayou? | 你家真的在贝尤有地吗? |
[16:24] | Oh, no, I made that part up. | 不 那部分是我编的 |
[16:27] | I have been out there a few times birding. | 但我去过那里几回观鸟 |
[16:30] | – Birding? – Yeah. | – 观鸟? – 是啊 |
[16:33] | You don’t say? | 你是认真的? |
[16:34] | You know, I once saw, uh, three pileated woodpeckers at the same time. | 我还曾经同时看到三只红冠黑啄木鸟 |
[16:38] | Wh…. Uh, pileated? | 红冠? |
[16:39] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[16:41] | Just these big beautiful kinda pterodactyl-looking guys. | 体型庞大优雅 有一点像翼手龙 |
[16:46] | Technically, it’s the first cousin to the elusive ivory-bill. | 它们其实是罕见的 象牙喙啄木鸟的近亲 |
[16:51] | Which there was a rumored sighting of back in 2005, | 据说早在2005年有人目击过 |
[16:54] | first in over a hundred years. | 算是一百多年来的第一次 |
[16:56] | Caused a big stir, ’cause most people think they’re extinct, | 引起了很大的轰动 因为许多人以为它们灭绝了 |
[16:58] | but others think they might have just developed | 有些则认为它们只不过成功进化出了 |
[17:01] | a successful strategy to avoid people. | 避开人群的策略 |
[17:04] | Can we turn up the air, Phil? | 菲尔 空调调高一点好吗? |
[17:19] | Well, great work, Gary. | 今天辛苦你了 盖瑞 |
[17:21] | Yeah, man. | 非常棒 |
[17:22] | All right, bye. | 好 再见 |
[17:23] | Oh, jeez. | 我的天 |
[17:25] | Bye. | 再见! |
[17:26] | Do you think he knows he was being funny? | 你觉得他知道自己说话很搞笑吗? |
[17:28] | I don’t think so, but it’s hard to tell with Gary. | 不会吧 可是盖瑞就是难以捉摸 |
[17:31] | You know, that throwing fingertips out the window every five miles… | 他之前说的每五英里将指尖扔出窗外 |
[17:34] | – Who even thinks something like that up? – That’s some specifically twisted shit. | – 谁会想到那样的东西? – 简直就是超级变态 |
[17:38] | I mean, it’s safe to say we got our new hitman, | 可以肯定的是我们有了新杀手 |
[17:41] | at least until Jasper gets back. | 至少直到贾斯珀回来为止 |
[17:43] | 120 days, that’s too soon, if you ask me. | 我觉得120天也太快了 |
[17:46] | Yeah, ’cause Jasper’s a dick. | 是的 因为贾斯珀是个鸟人 |
[17:49] | You know, people feel almost disappointed to learn | 当人们得知职业杀手并不存在时… |
[17:52] | 欲望 法律 | |
[17:53] | that hitmen don’t really exist. | …几乎都会感到失望 |
[17:55] | This idea that there are people out there at a retail level | 是一种美妙的想法 在零售层面可以雇佣某人 |
[17:58] | you can just hire to eliminate your worst relationship issues | 帮忙消除当下最困扰的人际关系问题 |
[18:02] | or facilitate some money scheme, or the usual combination of both. | 或者协助促成金融骗局 又或是常见的两者兼备 |
[18:07] | It’s a total pop culture fantasy. But because hitmen | 这完全是流行文化的幻想 |
[18:10] | have been a staple of books, movies, and TV for the last 50 years, | 但由于职业杀手在过去的五十年 都是书籍 电影和电视剧的主要内容 |
[18:15] | good luck getting anyone to believe their existence is all a myth. | 要使人们相信职业杀手的存在只是一个神话 是不可能的事 |
[18:19] | But of course, my job was not to debunk the fantasy, | 当然我的工作不是揭穿幻想 |
[18:22] | but rather become the fantasy. | 而是成为幻想人物 |
[18:25] | And I took that part of the job very seriously. | 我也非常认真地对待这份重任 |
[18:28] | While I wasn’t the kind of person that could ever get worked up enough | 虽然我不是那种会因为任何事情 |
[18:32] | to want to kill or die for anything, maybe they had cast me correctly | 而激动到要杀人或赴死的人 也许我真的是最佳人选 |
[18:36] | because the one thing that had prepared me for my new job | 因为让我为新工作做好最佳准备 |
[18:39] | was my primary interest: | 仍然是我的主要兴趣: |
[18:41] | the eternal mystery of human consciousness and behavior. | 人类意识和行为的奥秘 |
[18:46] | So, I, uh… got your number… | 我是从朋友那里得到了 |
[18:50] | from a friend. | 你的电话号码 |
[18:52] | Heard we should meet. | 认为我们应该见一面 |
[18:55] | Sounds like you got a particular set of skills and what not. | 听说你有一套特定的技能 |
[18:59] | Uh… shit. | 不对 |
[19:02] | There was something else I was supposed to say. | 我应该还有一句要说 |
[19:06] | Well… | 但是 |
[19:08] | I’m sure you’re picking up my drift here of the nature of… | 相信你大概明白我所说的关于… |
[19:13] | Anyway, just call me back. | 反正 给我回电吧 |
[19:16] | My name’s Walt. | 我叫沃尔特 |
[19:27] | How’s the pie? | 馅饼好吃吗? |
[19:29] | All pie is good pie. | 所有的馅饼都好吃 |
[19:32] | All right. | 非常好 |
[19:37] | So… | 那么 |
[19:40] | what’s next? | 下一步是什么? |
[19:45] | You know, I’m forever fascinated and amazed by the folks | 我一直感到着迷和惊讶于 |
[19:47] | who actually think that some guy they just met ten minutes ago, | 那些认为他们十分钟前才认识的人 |
[19:50] | for not that much money, would risk the death penalty | 会为了不多的钱 冒着被判处死刑的风险 |
[19:53] | to help them with some crazy murderous scheme. | 来帮助他们实施一些疯狂的谋杀计划 |
[19:57] | I almost envy their naïveté and passion. | 还真是羡慕他们的天真和热情 |
[20:01] | You know, it doesn’t matter who you asked about finding a hitman… | 寻找杀手的事 问谁不重要… |
[20:04] | So, you know I’ve, uh… been looking for somebody | 我最近一直在找人 |
[20:07] | to help me out with a, uh… little problem that I’m having lately. | 帮忙解决我手上的问题 |
[20:12] | I figured you knew somebody in that line of work. | 也许你认识从事这一行的人 |
[20:15] | I can ask around. | 我可以帮你打听 |
[20:17] | All right. | 好的 |
[20:19] | I don’t know how serious he was, | 我不知道他有多认真 |
[20:21] | but dude was hella sketchy. And I was scared. | 但那家伙非常可疑 我真的好害怕 |
[20:24] | The referral usually finds its way to the police. | 引荐人通常会联系警方 |
[20:28] | Who make sure they get my number. | 而警方将确保他们得到我的电话号码 |
[20:35] | You need to roll your tongue hard. Rrrrr… | 你必须用力卷起舌头 |
[20:39] | I realized not everyone fantasized about the same fixer. | 我发现每个人幻想着的杀手都不是同一模样的 |
[20:43] | So, I found tailoring the hitman to the individual client | 为个人客户量身定制杀手造型 |
[20:47] | was much more effective. | 更为有效 |
[20:49] | And I had a knack for being the person they needed me to be. | 我的诀窍就是成为他们幻想中的杀手 |
[20:56] | We got our album coming up soon, all the drama and everything from that | 我们的专辑即将发行 所有引起的是非 |
[21:00] | is only gonna be good for us. | 都会对我们有好处 |
[21:03] | He beefin’ with this cat named Rob49, like this…. | 他和一个叫罗布49的大佬有争执 |
[21:06] | He this real gangster motherfucker. | 是真正的黑帮大佬 |
[21:08] | So, I feel like everybody gonna figure, you know, | 所以我猜大家都会认为 |
[21:10] | “that’s his shit,” you know, I’m thinking. I’m gonna make sure I’m out of town, | 是他自己找来的麻烦 我只要确保当时出城 |
[21:13] | so all you gotta do is come through… | 然后由你来处理… |
[21:16] | Guy, I don’t need your reasons | 我不需要听你的理由 |
[21:18] | or your fuckin’ business plan. | 和有的没的商业计划 |
[21:21] | Give me the name and the money. | 给我名字和钱 |
[21:23] | All right. Straight to business. I like that. | 行 直接聊生意 我喜欢 |
[21:31] | By the time they were sitting down with me, | 当他们和我坐下来时 |
[21:33] | they’d mostly made up their minds. | 基本上已经下定决心了 |
[21:35] | They’d crossed that psychotic Rubicon and just needed me to confirm | 他们已经跨越了理性的卢比孔河 只是需要我去确认 |
[21:38] | that their darkest desires were the right desires. | 他们心里最黑暗的欲望是正确的 |
[21:42] | If you come in the side entrance, near the poolhouse, | 如果你从泳池房附近的侧门进来 |
[21:46] | there are no cameras. | 没有摄像头 |
[21:47] | Lady, this is quite the house. | 太太 这房子还真不错 |
[21:51] | And I’m not gonna let that sumbitch take it from me. | 我绝对不会让那个婊子养的从我这抢走的 |
[21:55] | You do your part… | 你做好你的本分 |
[21:57] | And I’ll do mine. | 我也会做好我的 |
[21:59] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 太太 |
[22:01] | And after he’s gone, | 他走了以后 |
[22:03] | I’ll be in that big house all alone. | 我将独守那套大房子 |
[22:09] | Big house? | 大房子? |
[22:10] | Big house… | 大大的房子 |
[22:15] | Of course, I’d charge a high society person more | 当然 我会向上流社会人士收取更多费用 |
[22:18] | just to seem more realistic, but to me any payment was evidence, | 以显得更逼真 但对我来说 任何付款都是证据 |
[22:21] | so I’d take whatever they were able to give. | 所以给多少我都接受 |
[22:27] | It’s not that much, but you can have these, too. | 钱不多 但我可以把这些也都给你 |
[22:31] | Do you really wanna kill your mom, Monte? | 蒙特 你真的想要杀了你的妈妈吗? |
[22:37] | You’re young. | 你还很年轻 |
[22:39] | You’ll be making yourself an orphan. | 你会让自己成为孤儿 |
[22:42] | That’s the point. | 那就是我的目的 |
[22:44] | Did I ask your opinion? | 我问你的意见了吗? |
[22:46] | Kill the bitch. | 杀了那个贱人 |
[22:47] | And they ended up giving this little future school-shooter | 他们最终给这个未来的校园枪击犯 |
[22:51] | adjudicated probation. | 判处缓刑 |
[22:53] | Okay, Boss. | 好的 老板 |
[22:57] | My would-be employers ran the gamut. | 我潜在的雇主五花八门 |
[22:59] | Evenly divided between men and women, | 男女老少 富有贫穷 |
[23:02] | young and old, rich and poor. | 分布平均 |
[23:10] | I like suicide. That seems clean. | 我喜欢自杀的计划 感觉干净利落 |
[23:14] | Doesn’t it? | 就是嘛 |
[23:16] | That’s the dream. | 那是最理想的 |
[23:18] | But a left-handed person doesn’t shoot themselves | 但左撇子不会用右手 |
[23:21] | with their right hand. | 开枪自杀 |
[23:23] | A person with a phobia for heights doesn’t jump. | 有恐高症的人不会去跳楼 |
[23:26] | A well-tied noose requires studying. | 系紧的绞索需要去仔细琢磨 |
[23:29] | Suicidal people wanna leave this world quickly. | 有自杀倾向的人 会想尽快离开这个世界 |
[23:32] | They don’t want to explain themselves. | 而不会解释自己的行为 |
[23:35] | Neither do I. | 我也不想 |
[23:37] | Maybe… surprise me? | 要不给我惊喜吧 |
[23:39] | Sounds lovely. | 美妙极了 |
[23:44] | See, I filed a mental health warning against him a while back, | 不久前我发了一份他的心理健康警告 |
[23:46] | describing him as suicidal, so it’ll make sense to everyone. | 称他有自杀倾向 所以别人不会有所怀疑 |
[23:51] | Then I can sue his doctors for malpractice. | 然后我就可以起诉他的医生渎职 |
[23:54] | You are smart lady. | 小姐你真聪明 |
[23:58] | I’m thinking, cut the wrists, then hold him ’til he bleeds to death? | 要不割腕 然后抓住他 直到失血过多而死? |
[24:03] | I am in service business. | 我干的是服务行业 |
[24:05] | I heard that was a fairly painless way to go, bleeding to death. | 我听说失血而死 是一个相当无痛的过程 |
[24:10] | Now, I don’t have the kind of money | 其实我是没有和你通电话时说的 |
[24:12] | you were talking about on the phone in cash, | 那么多的现金 |
[24:15] | but I have a deal that’ll be worth even more to you. | 但我有一笔对你来说更有价值的交易 |
[24:22] | See. | 你看 |
[24:25] | You can have this boat, but you can’t sell it in Louisiana | 你可以拿走这艘船 但不能在路易斯安那州出售 |
[24:29] | ’cause there’s an insurance claim against it. | 因为它上过保险的 |
[24:32] | But you take it over to East Texas, Beaumont or Port Arthur… | 若是带到东德克萨斯州 博蒙特或阿瑟港 |
[24:36] | I guarantee you’ll get at least 6,000 for it. | 我保证至少能卖6000元 |
[24:38] | Speed boat. | 快艇 |
[24:42] | Like Miami Vice. | 就像《迈阿密风云》一样 |
[24:45] | Yeah! Like Miami Vice. | 是的 就像《迈阿密风云》 |
[24:59] | Believe me, we will get to all of this eventually, | 相信我 最终都会讨论到这一切 |
[25:04] | but let me jump in and pose a question ’cause I think it’s going to be a lot of | 但先让我插一句 提出一个我认为我们这个学期 |
[25:10] | what we’re going to be exploring this semester, | 会经常要探索的问题 |
[25:13] | these concepts of personality, self, and consciousness. | 关于人格的概念 自我和意识 |
[25:16] | So, my simple question is… | 我的简单问题是 |
[25:21] | How many of you think you know yourselves? | 你们有谁认为自己真正了解自己? |
[25:25] | Have a strong sense of who you are? | 拥有强烈的自我意识 |
[25:31] | Oh, come on, you don’t know yourselves? | 难道都不了解自己吗? |
[25:34] | Of course you do. | 当然理解 |
[25:36] | Your entire being is invested with this notion of self. | 你的整个存在出于自我概念 |
[25:38] | It has to be for its own survival, | 为了保住自己的生存 |
[25:41] | but what we’ll be doing this semester | 但我们这学期要做的 |
[25:43] | is challenging this notion. | 就是挑战这个概念 |
[25:47] | What if your “self” is a construction? | 如果你的自我是一个建构 |
[25:53] | An illusion, an act, a role you’ve been playing | 一个幻象 一个表演 一个从你有记忆以来 |
[25:56] | every day since you can remember? | 每天都在扮演的角色怎么办? |
[25:59] | It’s always a poignant moment | 当你的前任和别人生孩子时 |
[26:00] | when your ex is having a kid with someone else. | 这总是一个令人心酸的时刻 |
[26:03] | We’ll see. | 我们拭目以待 |
[26:06] | Seems like a pretty good class. | 看来是相当不错的一堂课 |
[26:07] | I know many people despise their exes, | 我知道很多人都鄙视他们的前任 |
[26:09] | but Alicia might have been my best friend. | 但艾丽西亚可能是我最好的朋友 |
[26:12] | Or at least the person that knew me best. | 或者至少是最了解我的人 |
[26:14] | If the “self” is a construct, | 如果自我是一个建构 |
[26:16] | and it’s all just role play, do you think people can change? | 而这一切都只是角色扮演 你认为人们可以改变吗? |
[26:22] | Yeah, within our set-points, which really isn’t that much. | 是的 在我们的设定点内是可以 但实际上并没有很大的空间 |
[26:27] | Yeah, I don’t know. I was never really sure about that. | 是吗?我一直都不太确定呢 |
[26:29] | You know, there’s actually been a lot of recent research and data | 其实有很多最近的研究和数据 |
[26:32] | that says we can. | 表明可以改变 |
[26:35] | Enlighten me. | 请赐教 |
[26:37] | I’ve been reading a lot recently about how researchers are finding | 我最近读了很多文章 关于研究人员的新发现说 |
[26:39] | that people can change their personalities well into their adulthood. | 人其实可以在成年后改变他们的性格 |
[26:43] | And, I mean, I’m working with numerous clients on it. | 其实我也正在与许多客户研究此事 |
[26:46] | All right. Define “change.” | 那么你说 改变的定义是什么? |
[26:49] | Okay. The five traits that make up personality. | 就说构成人格的五大性格特质 |
[26:52] | Right? Extroversion, openness to experience, | 外向性 对不同体验的开放态度 |
[26:55] | emotional stability, agreeableness and conscientiousness. | 情绪稳定性 亲和性和责任心 |
[26:58] | They can, they can all be altered within just a few months. | 都可以在短短几个月内改变 |
[27:01] | In what sense? | 怎么说? |
[27:03] | Well, I mean, you have to embody the trait rather than just think about it. | 我是说 你必须体现这种特质 不只是空想 |
[27:08] | You know, it’s like the “as if” principle, | 就如 “仿佛” 原则 |
[27:09] | where you behave “as if” you are the person you want to be, | 当你表现得 “仿佛” 那个你想成为的人 |
[27:12] | and then pretty soon you might realize…that is you. | 然后很快你可能会意识到 那就是你 |
[27:16] | The old you goes… where exactly? | 那么 以前的你到底去了哪里? |
[27:20] | Still there, just, just dialed down significantly, | 还在那儿 只是显著减少 |
[27:23] | and the… the new you is dialed up. | 而新的你却增加了 |
[27:27] | So, you just didn’t have a couple decades to wait for me to change? | 所以你只是没有 几十年的耐心等我改变? |
[27:34] | Well… | 嗯… |
[27:37] | if there was one thing you seemed least interested in, | 你最不感兴趣的一件事 |
[27:39] | it was probably change. | 可能就是改变 |
[27:41] | I’ve accepted the idea a normal relationship isn’t in my cards. | 我已经接受了 正常的感情不是我可以拥有的 |
[27:45] | No. What is normal? | 不 什么是正常呢? |
[27:47] | I mean, look at it this way, everyone is at least a little fucked up. | 你仔细想一下 每一个人都有不对劲的地方 |
[27:50] | You just need to find someone who is a little fucked up in a way that you like. | 你只需要找到一个有着你喜欢的不对劲的点的人 |
[27:54] | Or at least, I don’t know, in a way that complements your own fucked-upness. | 或者至少可以和你本身不对劲的地方互补的另一半 |
[27:56] | And that is a different kind of survival technique | 这是另一种 |
[27:58] | that would involve another person. | 涉及到别人的生存技能 |
[28:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[28:05] | Speaking of, um, fucked up, | 说到不对劲 |
[28:08] | I don’t know, I thought you were just doing tech support stuff for the police. | 我以为你只是在为警方提供技术支持 |
[28:14] | Now, you’re like a full-blown undercover murder-stopper? | 现在你却是一个卧底的谋杀制止者 |
[28:17] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[28:19] | That’s me. | 就是我啦 |
[28:21] | I’m sorry, that must be so weird. | 一定很奇怪吧 |
[28:23] | You know, I’m never gonna give up teaching, | 我是不会放弃教学的 |
[28:24] | but this undercover thing is like field research. | 但是这个卧底任务 就像实地研究一样 |
[28:27] | How so? | 怎么说? |
[28:28] | Oh, man, you would not believe the side of humanity I’m hanging out with. | 我所接触到的人性 会让你感觉不可思议 |
[28:33] | And a lot of it is seeing how love has just curdled into hate, | 充斥其中的是看到爱如何凝结成仇恨 |
[28:39] | and… murder is just the best way out. | 而谋杀竟然是最好的出路 |
[28:44] | Wow. | 哇 |
[28:45] | I have a feeling you never wanted to murder me when we were married. | 感觉上 在我们的婚姻里 你从来都未想过谋杀我吧 |
[28:54] | – You’re saying it like it’s a bad thing. – Well, no, no. It’s just an observation. | – 你把这说得好像还是一件坏事了 – 没有 这只是一个观察 |
[28:58] | I mean, to kill someone, I just imagine | 想必得先拥有强烈的激情 |
[29:00] | you’d have to be capable of some serious passion. | 才会产生杀人的冲动 |
[29:05] | I’m not incapable of passion. | 我并非没有激情 |
[29:08] | For certain things, yes, definitely, but… | 对于某些事情 当然 |
[29:12] | I think you should see someone. | 但我认为你应该见一见人 |
[29:14] | Like a therapist? | 心理治疗师吗? |
[29:16] | No, no. Like a, like a woman. | 不 我是指女人 |
[29:18] | Or whatever. | 或任何人 |
[29:20] | I have the loyal company of Id and Ego. | 我有一德和一哥两只猫的忠诚陪伴 |
[29:23] | Okay. You need to see a woman and a therapist. | 嗯 女人和治疗师你都得见见 |
[29:32] | I’m tellin’ ya, I just don’t think it’s the best use of my skills. | 我只是认为这没有善用我的技能 |
[29:37] | Just remember, Jasper, if it weren’t for the police union, | 贾斯珀 你别忘记要不是警察工会 |
[29:40] | you wouldn’t even have a job right now. | 你现在连工作都不会有 |
[29:42] | Understood. | 明白 |
[29:43] | Uh, but now that I am back, I should have my job back. | 但是现在我回来了 就应该恢复原岗位 |
[29:47] | You know, at least I’m trained for it. Um… | 至少我受过这方面的训练 |
[29:50] | Maybe you hadn’t heard since you were on suspension, | 也许你被停职后还没有听说过 |
[29:52] | but Gary’s done a great job. | 但盖瑞做得非常出色 |
[29:54] | His conviction rate is high, and quite frankly, | 他的定罪率很高 而且坦率地说 |
[29:57] | he’s got a better range than you do. | 他的戏路比你更广 |
[30:01] | Do you believe that, Gary? | 你相信吗 盖瑞? |
[30:09] | Do you guys think that’s true? | 你们都这样认为吗? |
[30:13] | Stats don’t lie. | 统计数据不撒谎 |
[30:15] | You don’t like your position, Jasper? | 你不喜欢现在的职位吗 贾斯珀? |
[30:17] | Maybe I can find something for you over in traffic patrol. | 我可以在交通巡逻部为你安排工作 |
[30:19] | Well, shit. Why don’t you just have me clean the toilets around here, Sarge? | 我去 不如直接让我打扫厕所算了 中士 |
[30:22] | I-I could do that! | 这活儿我可以干! |
[30:25] | Since you’re being the asshole, | 既然你坚持无理取闹 |
[30:27] | I’ll just come right out and say it. | 我就直说了 |
[30:29] | We’re trying to hide your face, okay? | 我们在努力帮你隐姓埋名 好吗 |
[30:32] | “Who’s that beating up those teenagers?” | “是谁在殴打那些青少年?” |
[30:34] | Not for no reason. | 不是没有原因的 |
[30:36] | Maybe you’ve forgotten, Jasper, | 也许你已经忘了 贾斯珀 |
[30:38] | unlike the nine million other people who watched your video, | 但其他看过你视频的九百万人 |
[30:41] | but we got an angry public out there, and we don’t want them in our business. | 并没有忘记 我们更不希望愤怒的公众介入我们的业务 |
[30:45] | So, take my advice. | 麻烦你接受我的建议 |
[30:48] | Do yourself and all of us a favor. | 帮自己和我们大家一个忙 |
[30:52] | Lay low and keep your goddamn mouth shut. | 低调点 闭上你那该死的嘴 |
[30:54] | Can you do that? | 你能做到吗? |
[30:57] | Anything else? | 还有其他事吗? |
[31:06] | Mother was Miss Del Rio. | 母亲是德尔·里奥小姐 |
[31:09] | They all moved to New Orleans after Katrina. | 卡特里娜飓风之后 他们都搬迁到新奥尔良 |
[31:12] | Parents divorced, no father in the picture. | 父母离婚 照片中没有父亲 |
[31:16] | Short stints hairdressing, flight attendant. | 短期担任美发师 空姐 |
[31:21] | Married to husband, Ray Masters, | 与丈夫雷·马斯特斯结婚 |
[31:23] | works in his family’s oil and gas business. | 在他家族的石油和天然气企业工作 |
[31:27] | Then… | 然后 |
[31:28] | – …nothing. | 什么都没了 |
[31:31] | No criminal record. | 无犯罪记录 |
[31:33] | A couple of domestic complaints, no arrests… | 有一些家庭暴力投诉 没有逮捕记录 |
[31:44] | So, Madison… | 麦迪逊 |
[31:50] | …who is your hitman? | 谁是你的理想杀手? |
[32:24] | Are you enjoying your pie? | 你的馅饼好吃吗? |
[32:28] | All pie is good pie. | 所有的馅饼都好吃 |
[32:33] | Ron. | 罗恩 |
[32:35] | Madison. | 麦迪逊 |
[32:49] | So, tell me, Madison, what do you do for a living? | 说来听听 麦迪逊 你以什么为生? |
[32:52] | Devoted wife. | 贤内助 |
[32:54] | Obviously. | 理所当然 |
[32:56] | I assume that’s what we’re here to talk about. | 我猜这应该是我们今天要谈的话题 |
[32:59] | And to answer your question, um… | 以回答你的问题 |
[33:03] | he doesn’t let me work. | 是他不让我工作 |
[33:06] | He doesn’t really let me do anything. | 其实 他什么事都不让我做 |
[33:10] | Can I have a bite of that pie? | 我可以吃一口馅饼吗? |
[33:15] | Sure. | 吃吧 |
[33:17] | He has me on this stupid diet. | 他让我进行愚蠢的节食 |
[33:23] | Oh, this is good. | 超好吃的 |
[33:29] | Oh, he’s cute. | 真可爱 |
[33:32] | You a dog person? | 你喜欢狗吗? |
[33:36] | Do I look like a cat person? | 难道我像是喜欢猫的人? |
[33:38] | Yeah. I don’t really get cats. | 我实在不明白猫的魅力 |
[33:40] | Kinda creepy, you know? | 有点令人毛骨悚然 |
[33:42] | Really? | 是吗? |
[33:44] | Yeah, all those stories… | 是啊 那些故事… |
[33:47] | What stories? | 什么故事? |
[33:48] | The ones about, like, jealous cats smothering babies, that kind of stuff. | 那些关于嫉妒的猫儿让婴儿窒息之类的故事 |
[33:52] | Whoa. | 哇哦 |
[33:53] | – Mm-hmm. – I’m sor…. Um…. | – 嗯嗯 – 我还… |
[33:56] | Do you know someone who’s lost a child | 你认识过谁因为凶残 嫉妒的猫 |
[33:59] | to a murderous, jealous cat? | 而失去了孩子吗? |
[34:02] | I’m just trying to do my fact-checking here. | 只是要事实核查而已 |
[34:03] | – Not, like, personally. – Okay. | – 没有亲自认识的 – 好 |
[34:05] | But I’ve heard it from, like, a lot of people. | 但我听过很多人这样说过 |
[34:08] | Well, then there you go. | 那没办法了 |
[34:10] | We got to get to the bottom of this. | 我们得严查到底 |
[34:11] | I agree. | 完全同意 |
[34:12] | Detective… | 侦探小姐 |
[34:14] | did we pull any paw prints off the victim? | 我们是否从受害者身上 取到了任何爪印? |
[34:17] | No, sir, but we’re herding suspects now. | 没有 警察先生 但我们正围捕嫌疑犯 |
[34:22] | No small challenge as we know. | 的确面临巨大挑战 |
[34:26] | Utter cat-astrophe. | 简直是个大喵灾 |
[34:28] | What? | 我的天 |
[34:33] | Oh, you’re good. | 你好厉害 |
[34:35] | You, too. | 你也不错 |
[34:42] | So, what do you do? | 那么你以什么为生? |
[34:49] | I’m sorry. I forgot. | 不好意思 我忘了 |
[34:50] | No, it’s okay. | 没事 |
[34:52] | This is… | 这是… |
[34:55] | It’s a lot. | 很大的一件事 |
[34:57] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[35:01] | I can’t believe I’m doing this. | 我不敢相信我竟然要做这事 |
[35:06] | You’re in good hands with me. | 有我在 别担心 |
[35:09] | So, h-how does this usually work? | 那么通常是怎么安排的? |
[35:13] | How do you want it to work? | 你想怎么安排? |
[35:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[35:17] | I’m just really scared. | 我只是非常害怕 |
[35:22] | Why are you scared? | 你为什么要怕? |
[35:25] | Because he’s a bad person. | 因为他是一个坏人 |
[35:29] | You don’t know what I married into, and it just keeps getting worse and worse. | 你不知道我嫁给了什么人 而且一天比一天糟糕 |
[35:37] | I hear you. | 我懂 |
[35:44] | Did you always know you wanted to be a… | 你一直都知道自己想成为… |
[35:50] | Not exactly a childhood dream. | 不算是童年的梦想 |
[35:52] | Do you ever think about it? | 你有想过吗? |
[35:54] | Like, if you did something else? | 如果你做了另一份工作 |
[35:57] | Or… or if you chose a different path? | 或者选择了不同的道路 |
[36:03] | I don’t overthink things. I’m not very sentimental. | 我不会过度思考 也不是很感性的人 |
[36:07] | Yeah. Well, we all have regrets. | 可是人总有后悔的事 |
[36:11] | Well, in my line of work, I can’t afford to think that way. | 干我这行的 负担不起那样的想法 |
[36:14] | I wish I could do that. | 我也希望可以不想 |
[36:16] | But I just feel like I’m in prison, | 但我总是觉得自己被困在监狱里 |
[36:18] | and I’m gonna die in prison. | 而最终也会死在监狱 |
[36:21] | But I’m not gonna die in prison. | 但我不要死在监狱里 |
[36:23] | Because what if me coming here, | 或许我今天与你会面 |
[36:25] | and meeting with you is the best decision that I’ve ever made | 是我人生中最好的决定 |
[36:29] | because it’s for, it’s for me? | 因为这是为了 为了我自己而做的 |
[36:38] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[36:43] | Shit. | 糟了 |
[36:45] | Um, it’s-it’s him. | 是他 |
[36:46] | – I-I have to go, but I brought the… | 我得走了 但我带了… |
[36:49] | Can I throw something out there? | 我可以提个建议吗? |
[36:52] | Listen, there’s nothing in this for me. | 这对我来说没有任何意义 |
[36:55] | Technically I’m un-employing myself here, but do your future self, | 我实际上在让自己失业 但是请帮一帮未来的你 |
[37:01] | the one that deserves a happy, fulfilling life, | 那个还有机会并值得享有 幸福美满生活的你 |
[37:04] | that can still have that, a big favor. | 帮她一个大忙 |
[37:07] | Take what’s in there and get a new life. | 把这里的拿走 换一个新生活 |
[37:11] | Right now. | 现在就去 |
[37:12] | Don’t go home. | 不要回家 |
[37:16] | And, if you need anything… | 如果你需要什么 |
[37:19] | or if you change your mind… | 或改变主意 |
[37:22] | you have my number. | 你有我的电话号码 |
[37:42] | Hello? | 喂? |
[37:43] | So, you’re a fuckin’ life coach now? | 妈的 你现在是当人生导师了吗? |
[37:45] | Is what I just saw and listened to what I saw and listened to? | 我刚才所看到听到的 真的是我看到听到的吗? |
[37:48] | I’m not believing it. | 不敢相信 |
[37:49] | What? | 怎么了? |
[37:50] | “What?” Never mind our sting operation… | 怎么了 做不到钓鱼行动就算了 |
[37:53] | “Let me be your therapist?” | “让我当你的治疗师?” |
[37:55] | She’s not a killer. | 她不是杀人犯 |
[37:57] | She just needs to get it together. | 她只是需要找回人生目标 |
[37:58] | I’m just out here serving the overall public good. | 我只是在为整体的公众利益服务 |
[38:03] | Public good? | 公众利益? |
[38:04] | What you just did was one of the most unprofessional things | 你刚刚所做的是我见过最不专业的 |
[38:09] | I’ve ever witnessed. | 事情之一 |
[38:11] | See? See? | 看见了没有? |
[38:12] | This is what happens when you hire an amateur. | 这就是雇用业余者的后果 |
[38:14] | Come on! | 拜托 |
[38:15] | I steered clear of entrapment… | 我避开了钓鱼执法 |
[38:17] | No, you let the jury decide that. | 不 那是陪审团的决定 |
[38:19] | At least you got ’em in custody. | 至少要先把他们扣留 |
[38:20] | Okay. We can agree to disagree on technique. | 技术方面可以有不同意见 |
[38:22] | It’s over. | 过去了 |
[38:23] | And did you notice how cute she was? | 你有注意到她有多可爱吗? |
[38:26] | I wonder if that had anything to do with it? | 不晓得这是否有影响呢? |
[38:28] | Well, we’ll never know, will we? | 看来永远不会知道了吧 |
[38:30] | Since this weirdo let her off | 因为这个怪咖 |
[38:32] | before she could start incriminating herself. | 在她开始入罪之前就放走了她 |
[38:36] | It was, um, let’s say, an unusual outcome, | 可以说 这是一个不寻常的结果 |
[38:40] | and it’ll be written up as such. | 并将被如此记录在报告 |
[38:42] | Okay, fine… | 好 可以 |
[38:46] | All right. Talk soon, Gary. | 好 稍后再聊 盖瑞 |
[38:47] | – All right. – Bye, Gary. | – 好的 – 再见 盖瑞 |
[38:49] | Bye. | 再见 |
[38:53] | Jeez Louise, he’s sweatin’ Gary hard. | 天啊 他对盖瑞非常不满 |
[38:57] | I’ve seen this before. | 我看过这样的事 |
[38:59] | Star goes down, back-up comes in | 明星陨落 后援登场 |
[39:01] | and just kicks ass forever more. | 就此永远被取代 |
[39:04] | I mean, I know he dropped the ball on this one, but… | 我知道他这次处事不当 但是 |
[39:06] | What’s the name he used? | 他用了什么别名? |
[39:08] | – Ron. – Yo, Ron is fuckin’ dope. | – 罗恩 – 哟 罗恩真的超酷 |
[39:10] | He’s like a Caucasian Idris. | 他就像一个白人先知 |
[39:13] | I would love to grab a beer with that guy, and I’m not talking about Gary. | 真希望能和那家伙一起喝杯啤酒呀 我可不是在说盖瑞哦 |
[39:17] | I would get black-out drunk with Ron. | 我会和罗恩喝得酩酊大醉 |
[39:19] | I’d let him talk me into ripping lines on the way to Vegas. | 我会在去拉斯维加斯的路上 让他说服我吸食可卡因 |
[39:21] | I would rip my I.U.D. out for Ron. | 我会为了罗恩撕掉我的宫内节育器 |
[39:24] | I wouldn’t share a straw with Gary. | 我不会要和盖瑞共用一根吸管 |
[39:26] | Gary is hung like a straw, but Ron? | 盖瑞像一根垂吊的稻草 而罗恩 |
[39:29] | Strictly nightstick. | 则是一支警棍 |
[39:32] | I mean, it’s kind of sounding like you would fuck Ron, too. | 听起来好像你也想跟罗恩睡啊 |
[39:37] | I would take your sloppy seconds… | 我会非常乐意上你的二手货 |
[39:39] | if it were Ron. | 只要是罗恩上过的 |
[39:42] | This whole prosecution has been nothing more | 这次起诉无非就是 |
[39:47] | than an entrapping, sting operation! | 一次钓鱼执法行动! |
[39:53] | And this guy… | 而这个人… |
[39:56] | is the most dishonest, manipulative, | 是世界上最不诚实 |
[39:59] | fraudulent kind of person there is! | 最善于操控人心的诈骗者 |
[40:03] | This Gary Johnson isn’t a human-being. | 这个盖瑞·约翰逊根本不是人 |
[40:06] | For a human being has humanity. | 因为人拥有人性 |
[40:10] | Empathy! | 共情能力! |
[40:11] | A human being aids in moments of weakness. | 人类会在他人软弱的时候伸出援手 |
[40:17] | Gary Johnson preys on the weak. | 而盖瑞·约翰逊只会欺负弱者 |
[40:21] | And as far as legal procedures go, | 就法律程序而言 |
[40:24] | it’s like this undercover ghoul | 他就像一个卧底食尸鬼 |
[40:27] | is using an AR-15 to kill a mosquito. | 使用步枪来杀一只蚊子! |
[40:34] | I am so used to this. | 我对这种场景已经习以为常了 |
[40:36] | While I’ve put forth a ton of irrefutable evidence, | 虽然我已提出了大量无可辩驳的证据 |
[40:39] | all they’ve got is to somehow make me the villain. | 他们都只会来把我变成恶棍的这一套 |
[40:42] | And I know they’re just doing their jobs, | 我明白他们只是在做分内事 |
[40:44] | but a personal attack is still a personal attack | 但人身攻击仍然是人身攻击 |
[40:47] | and kind of sucks to have to listen to. | 不得不听的话 还是很难受的 |
[40:51] | We, the jury, find the defendant guilty as charged. | 陪审团判决被告有罪 |
[40:55] | But in the “people are forever mysteries” category, | 但在 “人永远是谜” 的手册里 |
[40:58] | this would often happen: | 这种情况经常会发生 |
[41:00] | I mean, I’ve forgiven her. She’s forgiven me, | 毕竟我原谅了她 她也原谅了我 |
[41:03] | and, hell, I’ve done much worse. | 而且更糟糕的事我都做过了 |
[41:06] | I think she deserves a second chance… | 我认为她应该得到第二次机会 |
[41:08] | Which was usually followed by this: | 接下来通常是这样的 |
[41:10] | In light of all the evidence and testimony we’ve heard, | 根据我们听到的所有证据和证词 |
[41:13] | we find the defendant not guilty. | 我们认为被告无罪 |
[41:17] | Congratulations, Tammy! | 恭喜你 塔米! |
[41:23] | Maybe their love wasn’t perfect, | 也许他们的爱情并不完美 |
[41:26] | but it was something. | 但依然算数 |
[41:28] | I hear ya. | 的确 |
[41:30] | I swear, our country’s legal system… | 我们国家的法律体系 |
[41:32] | Pull! | 发射! |
[41:36] | …is fuckin’ fucked. | 已经彻底完蛋了 |
[41:37] | – Here you go. – Ah, no. | – 拿去吧 – 啊 不 |
[41:39] | You need the practice a lot more than I do! | 你比我更需要练习! |
[41:41] | All right, then. | 那好吧 |
[41:43] | You can’t blame someone for taking the law | 很难责怪有人会想要将法律 |
[41:45] | in their own hands. | 掌握在自己手中 |
[41:47] | You know, there’s a thing I really believe in. | 有件事我非常相信 |
[41:49] | – What’s that? – That is personal justice | – 那是什么? – 就是个人正义 |
[41:51] | for when our pussified justice system fails. | 尤其是当懦弱的司法系统失败时 |
[41:54] | – When we do this, and we do it right… – Right. | – 要么不做 要做就要伸张正义 – 是 |
[41:58] | …personal justice, that’s gonna be yours. | 个人正义 就是你会得到的了 |
[42:00] | You didn’t take all that unfairness laying down. | 因为你并没有屈服于所有那些不公 |
[42:02] | Hell, no I didn’t. | 绝对没有 |
[42:06] | Pull! | 发射! |
[42:10] | Now, that’s the America I miss right there. | 这才是我想念的美国 |
[42:12] | Amen, amen. | 阿门 |
[42:14] | Look… | 告诉你 |
[42:16] | …there are three things you need to kill a man. | 想要杀死一个人 你需要三样东西 |
[42:17] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[42:18] | – The gun. – Right. | – 枪 – 是的 |
[42:20] | – The bullets. – Mm-hmm. | 子弹 |
[42:21] | And the balls. | 还有胆量 |
[42:22] | And, boy, I am stockpiled on three of those things. | 而我三样都储备充足 |
[42:26] | Son of a bitch, Tanner. | 王八蛋 坦纳 |
[42:29] | Pull! | 发射! |
[42:34] | That’s what I’m talkin’ about right there. | 看见没有 我早说过的 |
[43:01] | I would, of course, never cross this line. I’m a professional. | 当然我是不会跨越界限的 毕竟我是专业人士 |
[43:06] | But technically, she didn’t text me. | 但严格来说 她没有给我发短信 |
[43:08] | She texted Ron. | 她是给罗恩发短信 |
[43:11] | But I don’t think I’m a dog person. In fact, I may be allergic to them. | 但我不认为我是一个爱狗的人 事实上 我可能在生理和情感上 |
[43:14] | Physically and emotionally. | 都对它们过敏 |
[43:16] | I find them to be too needy, | 我觉得狗过度需要关爱 |
[43:17] | just pandering to whoever holds the meat. | 都会迎合手上拿着肉的人 |
[43:21] | But… | 但是 |
[43:23] | at the end of the day, we’re all spineless… | 到头来我们都是一样没有骨气 |
[43:26] | we beg for more, embarrass ourselves for the scraps of others… | 我们乞求更多 为了别人的残羹剩饭让自己难堪 |
[43:30] | – Dogs just don’t apologize for it. | 只不过狗不会为此道歉 |
[43:36] | Buddy. | 小伙子 |
[43:43] | You made it! | 你来了! |
[43:44] | Wow, I… I thought I loved puppies. | 没想到你比我还爱小狗 |
[43:47] | Well, I gargle barbecue sauce like Listerine before these things. | 在做这些事之前 我会先用烧烤酱漱口 |
[43:51] | Keeps the bitches bitchin’. | 让它们对我又爱又恨 |
[43:56] | I’m glad you came. | 很高兴你能来 |
[43:57] | I’m glad you invited me. | 很高兴你邀请了我 |
[43:59] | So, how are you? | 你最近还好吗? |
[44:02] | I’m fine. I’m fine. | 很好 |
[44:05] | The real question is, how are you? | 应该要问的是你还好吗? |
[44:06] | Oh, I’m, I’m great. | 我很好 |
[44:08] | Yeah. I’m… I’m great. | 真的很好 |
[44:10] | I-I got out of there almost immediately. | 我几乎立刻就离开了那里 |
[44:12] | I have my own place now in St. Roch. | 我现在在圣罗克有自己的住所 |
[44:14] | I mean, it’s a mess, but it’s mine. So, I love it. | 虽然很乱 但我喜欢 因为是属于自己的 |
[44:18] | Um, I’m getting a divorce. | 我要离婚了 |
[44:21] | – Wow. – Yeah. | – 哇 – 是的 |
[44:23] | Sometimes you just gotta make a move. | 有时就是需要行动起来 |
[44:27] | I’m so happy for you. | 我替你开心 |
[44:30] | You know, when I saw your text, I thought, | 你知道当我看见你的短信时 我还想 |
[44:32] | is she picking a dog charity as the place to re-engage me? | 她是选择一个狗狗慈善机构 作为再次雇佣我的地点吗? |
[44:35] | No! Oh, God, no. No. | 不 天啊 绝对不是 |
[44:37] | That crazy moment has passed. | 那个疯狂的时刻已经过去了 |
[44:41] | New me, new life, he’s… | 新的我 新的生活 他已经… |
[44:45] | And look at you now. | 看看你 |
[44:47] | – You like the hair? – Oh, I love the hair. | – 喜欢这个发型吗? – 哦 超爱 |
[44:51] | He hated it. | 他超讨厌呢 |
[44:52] | Hated dogs, hated miniskirts. So, you know what? | 还讨厌狗狗 迷你裙 所以也就罢了 |
[44:55] | I’m just making up for lost time. | 我只是在弥补失去的时间 |
[44:57] | Well, I’m… just so happy this is how it’s all going for you. | 嗯 看来你一切顺利 我为你高兴 |
[45:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[45:03] | No, but really thank you. | 不过真的很谢谢你 |
[45:05] | Like, I don’t want to be weird or anything, | 我不想表现得怪异什么的 |
[45:07] | but I kinda couldn’t have done it without you. | 但如果没有你 我就不可能走出来 |
[45:09] | There! I said it. | 看 我说出来了 |
[45:12] | I don’t get a lot of thank yous in my line of work. | 在我这行 不常听到太多的感谢 |
[45:15] | Yeah, I guess not. | 估计不会吧 |
[45:18] | Madison. | 麦迪逊 |
[45:21] | We have a situation in the husky cage. | 我们在哈士奇笼子里遇到了状况 |
[45:23] | Code brown. | 棕色代码 |
[45:24] | – Hi. – Hi. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[45:25] | Oh, um, Ron, Jill. | 罗恩 这是吉尔 |
[45:27] | Jill, Ron. | 吉尔 这是罗恩 |
[45:28] | Nice to meet you. You need any help? | 幸会 你需要帮忙吗? |
[45:30] | No, we’re good. You okay? | 不用了 你在这儿行吗? |
[45:32] | I’m good. | 行 |
[45:34] | I got things to do! | 我还有事要做! |
[45:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[45:38] | Wow. | 哇 |
[45:39] | Oh, it’s long, it’s long! | 长传 长传 |
[45:41] | Go, go, go! | 快去! |
[45:45] | There it is! | 干得好! |
[45:54] | No. | 不可能 |
[45:55] | No. No, I don’t buy it. | 不 我不信 |
[45:57] | What? | 什么? |
[45:58] | You’re not a hitman. | 你不是职业杀手 |
[45:59] | You can’t be. You cuddled puppies. | 不可能 你还拥抱了小狗 |
[46:02] | You played with kids. | 和小朋友一块儿玩 |
[46:04] | You’ve opened every door for me tonight. | 今晚的每一扇门都是你为我开的 |
[46:07] | And yet, you kill people for money? | 但你却为了钱而杀人? |
[46:12] | Chivalry may be dead, but I didn’t kill it. | 骑士精神也许已消亡 但并不是我扼杀的 |
[46:14] | And I tried looking you up and nothing. It’s like you don’t even exist. | 我尝试查找你的信息 但一无所获 就像你根本不存在一样 |
[46:20] | I guess I’m just your fantasy. | 那么我应该只是你幻想出来的 |
[46:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[46:25] | We’ll see about that. | 我们走着瞧 |
[46:29] | How many? | 多少个? |
[46:32] | Wait, I don’t wanna…. No, I do wanna know. | 等等 我不想 不 我确实想知道 |
[46:37] | What? Does a gentleman not kill and tell? | 怎么了?一个真正有教养的人不应该透露秘密吗? |
[46:40] | Okay. For the record, I love people. | 其实 我还蛮喜欢人的 |
[46:42] | And yet, you kill them. | 但你却杀害人 |
[46:44] | Not just randomly. | 不是随便杀人 |
[46:47] | It’s always with a purpose. | 目的很明确 |
[46:49] | To protect. | 为了保护 |
[46:51] | And make no mistake, | 别误会 |
[46:53] | there are some people who need killing. | 有些人必须被杀掉 |
[46:56] | Right? | 对吧? |
[47:00] | Right. | 是 |
[47:03] | So, what’s the biggest difference between… | 那么真实的你和你的职业之间 |
[47:06] | between the real you and your occupation? | 最大的区别是什么? |
[47:11] | I’d say the real me… is a people person. | 我会说真正的我是一个善于交际的人 |
[47:17] | I like to have a good time. | 我喜欢玩乐的时光 |
[47:19] | But… | 但是… |
[47:22] | To be most effective in this job, I have to be a bit of a lone wolf. | 为了最有效地完成工作 我必须成为一头独狼 |
[47:27] | I have to never draw any attention to myself. | 永远都不能引起任何人的注意 |
[47:31] | I don’t want anyone to remember my face. I don’t want to over or under tip. | 不能让任何人记住我的脸 不能多付或少付小费 |
[47:34] | I don’t want to be pulled into memorable conversations. | 我不能被拉进一场令人难忘的对话 |
[47:40] | That’s why I drive a Honda Civic. | 所以我选择驾驶本田思域 |
[47:43] | I want it to seem like I don’t exist. | 我不想显得过于招摇 |
[47:46] | I don’t know. That’s the professional side of me. | 大概这样吧 这就是我专业的一面 |
[47:52] | Tell me a little more about the unprofessional side. | 告诉我更多关于不专业的一面 |
[47:57] | I’d say… | 我会说 |
[47:59] | being here with you right now is… pretty damn unprofessional, but, hey. | 现在和你在一起真是太不专业 可是 |
[48:05] | Good. I don’t want you too professional. | 很好 我不希望你太专业 |
[48:11] | How do you want me? | 你希望我如何? |
[48:17] | W-What? | 怎么了? |
[48:19] | Do I scare you? | 我让你感到害怕吗? |
[48:21] | No. | 不 |
[48:24] | Do I scare you? | 我让你感到害怕吗? |
[48:25] | Should I be scared? | 我应该害怕吗? |
[48:29] | That depends on what your intentions are. | 这取决于你的意图是什么 |
[48:34] | Okay. | 嗯 |
[48:37] | You want to know all about me. But what about you? | 你想了解我的一切 但你呢? |
[48:40] | You know all you need to know. | 需要知道的一切你都已经知道了 |
[48:43] | Is that right? | 是吗? |
[48:50] | I was once told I think too much to be a good lover. | 曾经有人告诉我 思考太多的我不是一个好情人 |
[48:53] | She said exceptional sex requires a lack of thought, | 她说非凡的性需要少一点思考 |
[48:56] | a certain amount of animal abandon… | 多一点本能 |
[49:02] | I liked Ron. | 我喜欢罗恩 |
[49:04] | He wasn’t a thinker. He was a doer. | 他想的不多 下手很快 |
[49:15] | So, I don’t know if I was just better as Ron, | 我不清楚是我当罗恩的时候比较厉害 |
[49:17] | or if it was that electric charge going through both of us… | 还是因为我们俩之间特别来电 |
[49:21] | I mean, after all, in her mind, she was having sex | 毕竟在她脑海里 |
[49:24] | with someone who had murdered a bunch of people, | 她正在和一个冷血杀手做爱 |
[49:26] | and I was having sex with someone | 而我正在和一个显然有能力 |
[49:28] | who was clearly capable of having a lover killed. | 杀死情人的人发生性关系 |
[49:32] | I’m not proud to say this, but it upped my game. | 对此我并不自豪 但的确使我的表现升级了 |
[49:43] | You know, I haven’t been with anyone else in so long… | 我已经很久没有和别人在一起了 |
[49:48] | Can I tell you something? | 我能告诉你一件事吗? |
[49:49] | What? | 什么? |
[49:52] | This is fun. | 还蛮有趣的 |
[49:54] | I agree. | 的确 |
[49:58] | I like this. | 我喜欢这样 |
[50:01] | Us. | 和你一起 |
[50:03] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[50:10] | Look, on a full-disclosure, cautionary note, | 我得全面披露 提前警告 |
[50:16] | I’ve had a few girlfriends, that early marriage, | 我有过好几任女友 早婚 |
[50:19] | but because of my line of work, I generally have trouble | 但是由于我的工作性质 |
[50:23] | maintaining what most would consider a normal relationship. | 通常很难维持一般所谓的正常关系 |
[50:28] | Fuck normal. | 去他妈的正常 |
[50:30] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[50:31] | Do you wanna see me again? | 你想再见到我吗? |
[50:34] | Yeah. | 想 |
[50:37] | But… | 但是… |
[50:40] | it’s a little complicated. Isn’t it? | 这有点复杂 不是吗? |
[50:42] | It doesn’t have to be. | 这可以不复杂 |
[50:50] | This is a bad idea. | 这太不明智了 |
[50:52] | I suppose it is. | 也许吧 |
[51:03] | For instance, we can never go to my place. | 首先 绝对不能去我的家 |
[51:05] | Good. I don’t want to. | 行 我也不想 |
[51:07] | I can never give you any info about my whereabouts, at any time. | 无论何时 我都不能告诉你我的任何行踪 |
[51:11] | If I’m tracked or traced, you’d be pulled right in the middle of it. | 如果我被跟踪或追踪 你将会被牵连到里头 |
[51:14] | I will see you when I see you. | 那我们就能见就见 |
[51:19] | And we can only get so personal. | 而且也不能太过亲密 |
[51:22] | And the less you know about me, the less I know about you… | 我们互相之间的了解越少 |
[51:25] | Okay, what’s your next line? | 你的下一句是什么? |
[51:27] | “Don’t fall in love with me?” | “别爱上我?” |
[51:31] | I know what this is. | 我理解我们的情况 |
[51:34] | I don’t want to know where you live, | 我不想知道你住哪儿 |
[51:36] | or what you’re doing at any given moment. | 也不想知道你何时在做何事 |
[51:40] | We’re just going to meet here whenever we want, | 就什么时候想见就在这里见一面 |
[51:43] | and nothing outside of here matters. | 其他的一切都不重要 |
[51:49] | Well, okay then. | 那好吧 |
[51:50] | Well, okay. | 好的 |
[51:51] | So we agree to the terms? | 所以我们同意条款? |
[51:53] | Where do I sign? | 我该在哪里签字? |
[52:01] | Anywhere else I need to sign? | 还有什么地方需要我签字吗? |
[52:06] | Initial here. | 这里签个名 |
[52:09] | Anywhere else I need to initial? | 还有哪里需要我签名? |
[52:13] | We gotta make sure this document is air tight. | 我们必须确保这份文件是密封的 |
[52:26] | The Freudian concepts of the Id and the Superego are, | 对于弗洛伊德的本我和超我概念 |
[52:30] | in Jung’s point of view, in constant struggle with each other. | 荣格的看法是两者不断地相互斗争 |
[52:35] | The Superego | 超我 |
[52:37] | is our conscience. | 是我们的良心 |
[52:38] | It rewards us for behaving properly, | 当我们行为得体 |
[52:40] | adhering to societal norms, moralistic standards. | 遵守社会规范和道德标准时奖励我们 |
[52:47] | So, the Id… | 那本我呢 |
[52:49] | as humans, we have desires, | 作为人类 我们有欲望 |
[52:51] | instincts that are primitive. | 和原始的本能 |
[52:55] | Urges that are solely based in the pursuit of pleasure, | 纯粹出于追求乐趣 |
[52:58] | ignoring the consequences. | 而忽视后果的冲动 |
[53:01] | Now, the Ego | 自我 |
[53:02] | is the middle-man. | 则是中间人 |
[53:04] | The bridge between instinct and logic, | 是本能和逻辑之间的桥梁 |
[53:07] | the law and the lawless. | 就如法律和不法分子 |
[53:09] | Forever attempting to maximize pleasure | 永远试图将快乐最大化 |
[53:12] | while minimizing the cost. | 同时将成本最小化 |
[53:25] | Welcome to Madison Airlines. | 欢迎乘坐麦迪逊航空 |
[53:30] | Where we flying? | 我们飞去哪里? |
[53:31] | Somewhere hot and tropical. | 一个炎热的热带地区 |
[53:38] | Please follow me to the upper deck. | 请跟我到上层客舱 |
[53:41] | First class all the way. | 直通头等舱 |
[53:44] | Sir, please unbuckle your seatbelt. | 先生 请解开安全带 |
[53:48] | It’s for your own safety. | 这是为了你自己的安全 |
[53:55] | We’re expecting heavy turbulence… | 我们预计会有强烈的湍流 |
[54:01] | So prepare to brace for impact. | 请做好应对冲击的准备 |
[54:31] | I know we agreed not to talk about stuff like this, | 我知道我们同意不谈这样的事 |
[54:34] | and you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to, | 如果你不想回答的话可以不答 |
[54:37] | but how do you do it and not get caught? | 但你是怎么可以不被捉的? |
[54:45] | Well, you gotta be smart, thorough, | 嗯 你必须聪明 心细 |
[54:49] | a few steps ahead of what you know they’re going to be looking for. | 事先知道对方会寻找的是什么 |
[54:53] | You know, the dirty secret is, most murders go unsolved, | 不可告人的秘密是 大多数谋杀案都没有侦破 |
[54:56] | especially around here. | 尤其是在这附近 |
[54:57] | So, my M.O., engage in a more controlled area, | 我的策略是在受控环境行动 |
[55:02] | and then move the body somewhere that says, “chaos.” | 再把尸体移动到充满混乱的地方 |
[55:07] | Isn’t that messy? | 那不是一团糟吗? |
[55:08] | Well, it can be if you’re not smart. | 如果不机灵就可能会 |
[55:11] | Quick, you’re going to shoot me. Where? | 来 你要开枪射我 会射哪儿? |
[55:16] | No! Lower. | 不 再低 |
[55:18] | Lower. | 再低 |
[55:19] | Lo…. okay. | 再…嗯 |
[55:24] | The heart. | 是心脏 |
[55:27] | I mean, certain areas like the head or the neck, | 某些部位 如头部或颈部 |
[55:31] | I mean, the blood has nowhere to go but out. | 血液一定会向外流 |
[55:34] | Talk about a bloody mess. | 那时就真的一团糟 |
[55:36] | And people, I mean, we’re just these big skin-bags of blood, | 毕竟 人就是一大皮袋的血 |
[55:40] | and you have this big beautiful thoracic cavity | 但是有一个美妙的大胸腔可以 |
[55:42] | to hold it all in. | 来容纳这些血 |
[55:47] | Until you can move the body, | 直到可以移动尸体之前 |
[55:49] | set the scene, | 先设置场景 |
[55:52] | tell the story you want them to find. | 讲述你希望他们发现的故事 |
[55:58] | You know, I was always too shy to go out for the high school play, | 我以前总是很害羞 不敢参加高中的演出 |
[56:00] | but I had somehow found my stage, | 但不知不觉的 我找到了自己的舞台 |
[56:03] | and each arrest was like a standing ovation. | 每次成功逮捕 就像全场起立鼓掌 |
[56:06] | We’re about to go into the deep end of the pool here. | 我们即将踏入深渊 |
[56:10] | This is serious. | 无可挽回 |
[56:13] | If I take this envelope and leave, | 如果我拿着这个信封离开 |
[56:16] | this time tomorrow, her head is in a Winn-Dixie bag. | 明天这个时候 她的头 就会装在温迪克西的袋子里 |
[56:21] | The rest of her is pig slop in Opelousas. | 其余的她将在奥珀卢萨斯当猪食 |
[56:25] | Now be absolutely clear with me. | 现在请跟我说清楚 |
[56:29] | Is that what you want? | 那是你要的吗? |
[56:32] | Alright. I got this woman. She’s into this iPhone swiping. | 事实是 我的女人总是爱刷手机 |
[56:35] | This boyfriend findin’, right? | 约炮 对吧 |
[56:36] | And she’s slingin’ the kitty across the causeway | 现在她跑到堤道对面去 |
[56:38] | with this manager from the Piccadilly, and then wanna take everything, too. | 和这个皮卡迪利的餐厅经理乱搞 还想夺走我的一切 |
[56:41] | Now, I don’t know how things work where you from, but from around here, | 我不知道你那里 一般如何运作 但在这里 |
[56:45] | you don’t take a man TV, his dog, and his boat. | 你别想拿走一个人的电视 狗和船 |
[56:49] | There’s no way, T. | 绝对不行 |
[56:53] | Kill the slut. | 杀了那个荡妇 |
[56:55] | With pleasure. | 乐意之至 |
[57:03] | Your Honor, | 法官大人 |
[57:05] | a psychopathic predator will always be a threat to society. | 一个精神变态的掠夺者 永远对社会构成威胁 |
[57:09] | On the other hand, someone who once commits a crime of passion, | 另一方面 一旦犯过激情罪的人 |
[57:14] | or sudden passion, as it is known legally, | 也就是法律上所称的 冲动犯罪决意 |
[57:16] | is no more likely to commit that crime than any other member of society. | 重犯此罪行的可能性 并不会比社会的其他成员更多 |
[57:21] | In this case, I would characterize | 在本案中 |
[57:24] | just the intent to entertain solicitation of murder, | 我认为这种谋杀的意图 |
[57:27] | although no one was ultimately harmed, as kind of a “sudden passion” | 况且无人因此意图受害 仅仅是一种激情行为 |
[57:32] | as opposed to attempted pre-meditated murder. | 而非有预谋的杀人未遂 |
[57:34] | Objection! | 反对! |
[57:35] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[57:37] | A question would be welcome. | 欢迎提问 |
[57:39] | Mr. Johnson, you testified previously | 约翰逊先生 你之前作证说 |
[57:43] | that you felt this was a pre-meditated act. | 你感觉这是有预谋的行为 |
[57:46] | By that, did you mean you conjuring this whole thing | 你的意思是说 你编造出这整件事 |
[57:49] | and coercing them into a murder scheme was premeditated? | 并强迫他们参与 谋杀计划是有预谋吗? |
[57:52] | There was nothing sudden or impulsive about our meeting. | 我们的会面并不突然或冲动 |
[57:56] | The intent was clear. The follow-through was detailed. | 意图很明确 后续计划也很详细 |
[58:01] | Well, if you were not attempting coercion, why the research? | 好吧 如果你没有试图胁迫 为什么要进行背景调查呢? |
[58:05] | Why the costumes? Why the disguises? | 为什么要乔装打扮?为什么要伪装? |
[58:09] | Sure, my client has found himself in compromising circumstances, | 当然 我的委托人 发现自己处于不堪的境地 |
[58:13] | but my question to you, Mr. Johnson, what are your circumstances? | 我想问的是 约翰逊先生 你的处境如何? |
[58:17] | Objection, your honor! | 我反对 法官大人! |
[58:18] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[58:19] | What are you hiding with these costumes? | 你用这些服装隐藏了什么? |
[58:22] | Who are you trying to fool? | 你想愚弄谁? |
[58:23] | What would Ron do? | 罗恩会怎么做? |
[58:24] | Objection, the defense is badgering the witness. | 我反对 辩方正在纠缠证人 |
[58:27] | My job is not to analyze the events around my meeting. | 我的工作不是分析会面期间发生的事件 |
[58:29] | My job is to meet the client at those circumstances. | 我的工作就是在这种情况下与客户会面 |
[58:32] | Complete the picture they’ve already drawn for themselves. | 并完成他们已经为自己绘制好的图画 |
[58:37] | I’m not in the business of second chances. | 我的职责不是提供第二次机会 |
[58:45] | I got something we can play with. | 我有一个好玩的东西 |
[58:47] | I like the sound of that. | 听起来很不错 |
[58:49] | What do you got back there? | 你后面藏着什么? |
[58:50] | Pick a hand. | 选一只手 |
[58:53] | Left. | 左手 |
[58:54] | – You lose. – Whoa. | – 你输了 – 哇哦 |
[58:55] | Shit. | 天哪 |
[58:57] | What is that for? | 要那个来干什么? |
[59:00] | Well, what do you think? I’m a woman living by myself. | 要不然呢?我是一个独自生活的女人 |
[59:03] | I gotta protect myself. | 我得保护自己 |
[59:04] | Plus, all that talk about murder freaked me out. | 而且所有关于谋杀的谈论都吓坏了我 |
[59:07] | Okay. | 明白 |
[59:09] | Trust me, that is not gonna be making you any safer. | 相信我 这不会让你更安全 |
[59:12] | You have a gun. | 你也有枪 |
[59:14] | It’s a little different. I’m a professional. | 那不一样 我是专业人士 |
[59:18] | Well, are you going to show me how to use it or what? | 你要示范给我怎么使用吗? |
[59:21] | Now? | 现在? |
[59:25] | Didn’t we have a contract? | 我们不是签了合同吗? |
[59:27] | Nothing outside of here matters? | 这里之外的一切都不重要 |
[59:31] | We have to leave our love nest at some point. | 我们总有一天必须离开我们的爱巢 |
[59:34] | Don’t we? | 不是吗? |
[59:36] | Do we? | 必须吗? |
[59:46] | Okay. I suck. | 不行 我很烂 |
[59:48] | Self-healing targets. | 自愈目标 |
[59:50] | Why is this so hard? | 为什么这么难? |
[59:51] | Ah, it just takes practice. | 你只是需要练习 |
[59:53] | Why don’t you show me, hot shot? | 不如你示范给我吧 帅哥 |
[59:58] | Well, this distance | 这个距离 |
[1:00:00] | is for weekenders, tourists… | 是给周末度假的 游客的 |
[1:00:10] | That’s my usual distance. | 这才是我平时开枪的距离 |
[1:00:18] | Okay, wait. Just hear me out. | 等一等 听我说完 |
[1:00:19] | So, if the moon controls the tides, right? | 那么 如果月亮控制潮汐 |
[1:00:23] | – Yeah. – And we’re mostly water, | – 是的 – 而我们主要由水组成 |
[1:00:25] | how could a full moon not affect you? | 满月又怎能不影响人呢? |
[1:00:27] | Think about it. | 想一想 |
[1:00:29] | Well, technically, that makes no sense. | 事实上没有道理 |
[1:00:31] | – No, it makes sense. – No. | – 不 这是有道理的 – 不 |
[1:00:34] | A phase of the moon has nothing to do with gravity. | 月相与重力根本无关 |
[1:00:37] | It has to do with shadows. | 这与阴影有关 |
[1:00:38] | A phase is just how much of the sun’s light | 月相取决于有多少照向月球的阳光 |
[1:00:40] | we’re blocking on the way to the moon. | 受到地球遮挡 |
[1:00:42] | You know, the gravitational relationship between the moon and Earth, | 月球和地球这两个行星体之间的 |
[1:00:45] | these two planetary bodies, is fixed | 引力关系是固定的 |
[1:00:47] | so the moon may look different throughout the month, | 所以月球在整个月内 看起来可能会有所不同 |
[1:00:49] | but nothing is actually changing on Earth, you know? | 但实际上地球没有任何变化 |
[1:00:53] | Okay, I didn’t know I was out with Neil fuckin’ DeGrasse Tyson. | 妈呀 原来我正和一位天文学家出门 |
[1:00:58] | Gotta keep you guessin’. | 就是喜欢给你惊喜 |
[1:01:01] | – Let’s go dance, white boy. – Yeah. | – 我们去跳舞吧 小白脸 – 是的 |
[1:01:38] | Let’s go, get the fuck out of here. | 走吧 快离开这里 |
[1:01:46] | – Ray. – Come on, man. | – 雷 – 等一等 |
[1:01:48] | Madison? | 麦迪逊? |
[1:01:50] | Fuck… | 干! |
[1:01:53] | – I’ve been calling you. – Ray, please. | – 我一直在给你打电话 – 雷 拜托 |
[1:01:55] | Guess your hands have been too busy to pick up, huh? | 看来你的双手忙不过来 没时间接听 |
[1:01:59] | Who the fuck is this? | 这个混蛋是谁? |
[1:02:02] | I’m her boyfriend. | 我是她男朋友 |
[1:02:03] | Oh, really? Well, I’m her husband. | 哦 真的吗?我是她的丈夫 |
[1:02:06] | – Ray, can we just please keep it…. – What? Keep it what, Maddy? | – 雷 我们可以保持… – 保持什么 麦迪? |
[1:02:08] | No, you tell me. You tell me, Maddy. | 不 你说吧 麦迪 |
[1:02:10] | – You want me to keep it cordial? – Nice to meet you. | – 要我保持和蔼吗? – 幸会 |
[1:02:11] | Yeah, you, too, boyfriend! | 是的 非常幸会! |
[1:02:13] | Madison, you’re pathetic! | 麦迪逊 你真可悲! |
[1:02:16] | – Hey, you know what? No. – Ray. Ray! | – 嘿 我告诉你 – 雷! |
[1:02:17] | No, I’m not done, okay? Just get the fuck off me. | 不 我还没说完 妈的 放开我啊 |
[1:02:21] | I’m just fuckin’ around, guys. | 我只是开玩笑而已 |
[1:02:23] | Come on! | 别这样! |
[1:02:24] | Is it a crime now to have a little fun with your new friend here? | 我想认识你的新朋友 这也犯法吗? |
[1:02:27] | Ray, can you just leave us alone? | 雷 你能放过我们吗? |
[1:02:29] | Goddamn it, Madison. Don’t walk away from me. | 干!麦迪逊!你别走 |
[1:02:31] | – Ray. – Don’t you fucking walk away from me, | – 雷 – 妈的 你他妈别走! |
[1:02:33] | you ungrateful bitch! Come here! | 你这个忘恩负义的贱人!过来! |
[1:02:35] | – Shit! – Apologize, motherfucker. | – 干! – 赶快道歉 混蛋 |
[1:02:38] | Yeah. He said apologize, motherfucker. | 他叫你道歉啊 混蛋 |
[1:02:41] | He’s a professional. He’ll do it. | 他是专业人士 说到做到 |
[1:02:43] | Show him. | 让他瞧瞧 |
[1:02:48] | Fuck. | 妈的 |
[1:02:53] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[1:02:54] | Professional what? | 哪门子专业人士? |
[1:02:57] | Yeah. Professional asshole. | 专业混蛋吗? |
[1:03:00] | Really moving up in the world, aren’t you, Madison, huh? | 看来你真的飞黄腾达了 麦迪逊 |
[1:03:03] | – See you again, professional. – Come on, Ray, get outta here. | – 再会哦 专业人士 – 来 走吧 雷 |
[1:03:05] | You know what? Fuck y’all. You fuckin’ deserve each other. | 操你妈! 你们真的他妈的般配! |
[1:03:08] | – Ray, c’mon, dude! Get the fuck out of…. – Shut the fuck up! | – 雷 够了!赶快… – 给我闭嘴! |
[1:03:11] | Not fucking cool man! | 你太离谱了! |
[1:03:14] | I can’t get over how amazing that was! | 刚刚真的太棒了! |
[1:03:16] | You… you were incredible. | 你超级棒 |
[1:03:20] | That entitled fuck doesn’t back down for anybody. | 那个自以为是的家伙从来不对人退让半步 |
[1:03:24] | Did you see his face? | 你看见他的脸了吗? |
[1:03:27] | – Yeah… – He just walked. | – 是的 – 他直接就走了 |
[1:03:33] | That was wild. | 太疯狂了 |
[1:03:37] | All right, cool guy. | 好啦 帅哥 |
[1:03:39] | Nobody, nobody has ever stood up for me like that. | 从未有人为那样我挺身而出 |
[1:03:46] | Well. | 嗯 |
[1:03:53] | Here. | 来 |
[1:03:54] | Best date ever. | 有史以来最棒的约会 |
[1:04:03] | That’s good. | 好吃 |
[1:04:04] | Oh, that is so good. | 很好吃 |
[1:04:06] | So, it seems like you and Ray have different takes on your divorce. | 看来你和雷对离婚有不同的立场 |
[1:04:12] | I’m clear. | 我非常清楚 |
[1:04:14] | I mean, I can’t help it if he’s being all crazy. | 如果他要做疯子 我也无能为力 |
[1:04:16] | I mean, you saw how crazy he is. | 你都看见他有多变态 |
[1:04:17] | Yeah. | 是 |
[1:04:20] | You are divorced, though, right? | 不过你已经离婚了 对吧? |
[1:04:24] | Do you see a ring on my finger? | 你有看见我手指上的戒指吗? |
[1:04:27] | Do you see a ring on my finger? | 我手指上有戒指吗? |
[1:04:29] | No. | 没有 |
[1:04:30] | Exactly. | 就是嘛 |
[1:04:35] | I mean, it’s just like, what are the chances | 只是真的太巧了 不是吗? |
[1:04:37] | that the same club we’re at is the same club he’s at? | 他竟然出现在我们去的酒吧 |
[1:04:39] | Okay, what’s up with all these questions? | 你问这么多问题是什么意思? |
[1:04:44] | Fine! | 好! |
[1:04:46] | I fucked up. | 我搞砸了 |
[1:04:48] | I broke our contract. | 我违反了我们的合同 |
[1:04:53] | But I will happily, happily sign a new one when we get home… | 但我会很乐意地回家再签一份新的 |
[1:05:09] | All right. Well, you seem upset. | 好吧 看来你很沮丧 |
[1:05:11] | I’m not upset with me pulling a gun on some dickhead. | 我并不会因为用枪指了 某个白痴而感到不愉快 |
[1:05:16] | It’s not a big deal. | 那是小事 |
[1:05:17] | I’m just saying, you don’t see me bringing you | 只是我不会带你 |
[1:05:20] | to where all my friends and former lovers are hanging out. | 去我的朋友和前任常出现的地方 |
[1:05:22] | We just gotta keep this clean. | 不需要惹麻烦 |
[1:05:24] | It was a coincidence! | 纯属只是巧合 |
[1:05:26] | Whoa. What the fuck? | 哇哦 我的天! |
[1:05:29] | Looky who’s here. | 果然是你 |
[1:05:31] | I thought that was you. | 我就猜到 |
[1:05:37] | What’s up? | 什么事? |
[1:05:38] | Oh, I’m just grabbing some takeout. | 我只是在买点外卖 |
[1:05:40] | Saw you across the way. I mean, what, huh? | 然后就看见你在这儿 |
[1:05:43] | What are the odds of this? This is crazy. | 这也太巧了吧 不是吗? |
[1:05:46] | Are you gonna introduce me to your friend? | 你要把我介绍给你的朋友吗? |
[1:05:52] | – Jasper. – Madison. | – 贾斯珀 – 麦迪逊 |
[1:05:54] | Madison. | 麦迪逊? |
[1:05:56] | Madison? | 麦迪逊 |
[1:05:59] | Madison… | 麦迪逊 |
[1:06:01] | Have we met before? You just look so familiar. | 我们以前见过吗? 只是你看起来很眼熟 |
[1:06:04] | No. | 不 |
[1:06:06] | No, I don’t think so. | 应该没有见过 |
[1:06:11] | Ugh. Whatever. Maybe it’ll come to me… | 没事 也许过后会想起 |
[1:06:13] | Maybe it will. | 也许吧 |
[1:06:16] | Okay. Well, I’ll let you guys get back to your dessert. | 好吧 不打扰你们享用甜点 |
[1:06:19] | Just wanted to say hi. | 只是过来打个招呼 |
[1:06:21] | Have a good night. | 祝你有美好的夜晚 |
[1:06:23] | Enjoy the weekend. | 周末愉快 |
[1:06:26] | Good to see ya. | 很高兴见到你 |
[1:06:27] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:06:28] | – Bye! – Bye. | – 再见! – 再见 |
[1:06:33] | Now, that was a coincidence. | 这才是巧合 |
[1:06:38] | Who’s he? | 他是谁? |
[1:06:42] | Just some guy I used to work with. | 曾经一起工作过的一个人 |
[1:06:47] | So, ex-husband, ex-coworker… | 前夫 前同事 |
[1:06:55] | are we even? | 我们算打平了吗? |
[1:06:57] | No. | 不 |
[1:06:58] | Yes. | 是 |
[1:07:01] | I’ll sign the contract again. | 我会再签合同 |
[1:07:15] | What are we doing? I got no notice. I got no research. | 我们在做什么? 我没有收到任何通知 没做任何背景调查 |
[1:07:19] | Feel like I’m going in naked. | 感觉就像要裸体进去一样 |
[1:07:21] | Well, this is when you actually have to be good at your job. | 这是你真正必须做好工作的时候 |
[1:07:23] | Halloween’s over. No more costumes, man. | 万圣节已结束 没有戏服穿了 |
[1:07:25] | All right. We did not get much on him. | 我们对他了解不多 |
[1:07:28] | We didn’t even have time to get a Title III warrant, | 我们甚至没有时间申请监视搜查令 |
[1:07:30] | so it’s audio only. | 所以只有音频 |
[1:07:32] | His name is Mike. | 他的名字叫麦克 |
[1:07:33] | He’s already in there waiting, and he seems a little volatile. | 他已经在那里等着了 而且看上去情绪不太稳定 |
[1:07:35] | Woo-hoo! This is gettin’ scary. | 这真是太可怕了 |
[1:07:38] | Wait, do we even know what this guy looks like? | 等等 我们知道这个人长什么样吗? |
[1:07:40] | No, but he said he’d be the guy sitting alone | 不 但他说他会是那个独自坐着 |
[1:07:42] | reading “Catcher in the Rye.” | 读《麦田里的守望者》的人 |
[1:07:43] | Which, historically speaking, is never a good sign. | 按照历史 从来都不是一个好兆头 |
[1:07:46] | It’s gonna be fine, Gary. | 不会有事的 盖瑞 |
[1:07:47] | You could do this in your sleep. | 你闭着眼都可以完成 |
[1:07:49] | Just another pussy too scared to do it himself. | 只不过是一般不敢自己出手的胆小鬼 |
[1:07:51] | You got this, G. | 你能行的 小瑞 |
[1:07:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:07:56] | Enjoy your breakfast. | 好好享用早餐 |
[1:08:25] | Mike? | 麦克? |
[1:08:26] | Yeah. Judd? | 是的 贾德? |
[1:08:27] | Eyes forward! It’s for your own protection. | 眼睛向前看! 这是为了你自己的安全 |
[1:08:31] | So, tell me, Mike, how can I help you? | 告诉我 麦克 我有什么能帮你的? |
[1:08:35] | – So you’re…? – I am. | – 所以 你是… – 我是 |
[1:08:40] | And you…? | 然后 你… |
[1:08:42] | I do. | 是的 |
[1:08:45] | So, tell me what you’re thinking. | 告诉我你在想什么 |
[1:08:47] | Unless you came here for the pancakes. | 除非你来这里纯粹是为了吃煎饼 |
[1:08:51] | My wife. | 我的妻子 |
[1:08:56] | What’d you have in mind? | 你有什么想法? |
[1:08:58] | What do you think? Slut’s killing me. | 还要说嘛 那婊子让我生不如死 |
[1:09:02] | I can’t live just knowing she’s out there… | 知道她在外面有另一个男人 |
[1:09:06] | with someone else. | 真的让我很想死 |
[1:09:09] | So, now I’m here… with you. | 所以我就来到这里见你 |
[1:09:15] | So why do you need me? | 那你为什么需要我? |
[1:09:18] | Why aren’t you taking care of this shit yourself? | 你为什么不亲自处理这件事呢? |
[1:09:20] | Oh, believe me, I want to, | 噢 相信我 我真的很想 |
[1:09:23] | but we’re going through a divorce right now. | 但我们现在正在办理离婚手续 |
[1:09:28] | And I’d be the number one suspect. | 我将是头号嫌疑人 |
[1:09:30] | So, I need the perfect front, you know, the perfect alibi. | 所以我需要完美的幌子 完美的不在场证明 |
[1:09:37] | So, you’re not technically divorced yet? | 那么你们事实上还没有离婚? |
[1:09:41] | What’s it to you? | 关你什么事? |
[1:09:45] | Oh, I forgot to mention, too. It’s… | 我忘了提前说 |
[1:09:47] | Well, it might be a twofer. | 这可能会是买一送一 |
[1:09:49] | She’s got this new boyfriend. | 她的新男朋友 |
[1:09:52] | He’s a real douche. | 是个顶级混蛋 |
[1:09:56] | And? | 然后呢? |
[1:09:59] | And, if he’s there, you can take him out, too. | 如果他在场 你也可以一起处理掉 |
[1:10:05] | I’ve got no problem with that. | 不是问题 |
[1:10:07] | It’s gonna cost you more. | 只不过价钱就更高了 |
[1:10:08] | You good with it? | 你可以吗? |
[1:10:10] | Yeah, fuck em’ both. | 可以 让他们去死 |
[1:10:13] | Done. | 行 |
[1:10:15] | You bring the money? | 你带钱来了吗? |
[1:10:17] | Yeah, it’s right here. Should be enough for both of them. | 有的 都带了 应该足够付他们俩的 |
[1:10:25] | I have a special request, though. | 不过我有一个特殊的要求 |
[1:10:30] | I’m in the service business. | 我干的就是服务行业 |
[1:10:36] | When you do it, I want her to know why. | 当你处理时 我要她知道为何被杀 |
[1:10:42] | Right before you do it, look her in the eye and say, | 就在你下手之前 看着她的眼睛说 |
[1:10:46] | “This is from your loving husband.” | “这是你亲爱的丈夫送的” |
[1:10:52] | I want that to be the last thing she fuckin’ hears. | 我希望这是她听到的最后一句话 |
[1:11:02] | You know what? | 要不 |
[1:11:03] | Maybe I’ll throw in the boyfriend for free. | 我免费帮你收拾那个男朋友 |
[1:11:07] | What the fuck? | 干! 搞什么鬼? |
[1:11:08] | What? It’s very simple. | 有什么问题吗?这很简单 |
[1:11:10] | You give me the money. I’ll take care of it. | 你给我钱 之后的我会处理 |
[1:11:14] | I’ll take care of this shit myself. | 我会亲自处理这件事 |
[1:11:20] | What the hell was that about? | 那到底是怎么回事? |
[1:11:21] | I don’t know. He just freaked out. | 我不知道 就突然吓坏了 |
[1:11:24] | Happens… | 很正常 |
[1:11:25] | Does it? | 是吗? |
[1:11:31] | …right now. But leave a message. | …无法接听 请留言 |
[1:11:34] | All right. Madison, if you get this, stay out of the house. | 麦迪逊 如果你收到留言 赶快离开你的家 知道吗? |
[1:11:37] | All right? I’m hearing some stuff about Ray. Just call…. | 我收到一些关于雷的信息 有事就… |
[1:11:42] | What the fuck was that? | 刚刚那是什么回事? |
[1:11:43] | – What? – What? | – 什么啊? – 什么啊? |
[1:11:45] | What do you mean what? The guy just bolts out? | 你什么意思? 那家伙就这么跑出来了? |
[1:11:48] | I don’t know. He panicked. | 我不知道 他就惊慌失措 |
[1:11:51] | Well, you can’t win ’em all. | 不可能次次都成功 |
[1:11:52] | No, you sure can’t with that attitude. If they’re uneasy, you put ’em at ease. | 以这种态度肯定不能 如果他们感到不安 就得安抚 |
[1:11:55] | From my perspective, you’re getting a little sloppy. | 依我看来 你有点马虎了 |
[1:12:00] | Maybe so. | 或许吧 |
[1:12:04] | Look, I wanted to talk with you about the other night… | 其实 我想和你谈谈关于那天晚上 |
[1:12:09] | Oh? What about it? | 哦 怎么了? |
[1:12:14] | Oh, her? | 她吗? |
[1:12:15] | Hey, I get it, man. It all makes sense to me now. | 原来如此 那我明白了 |
[1:12:18] | It’s cool. | 没事的 |
[1:12:20] | I’ve fucked my share of suspects. | 我也曾经睡过好几个嫌疑人了 |
[1:12:23] | It’s no big deal. It’s good for ya. | 没什么大不了的 是一件好事 |
[1:12:26] | I just ran into her. All right? | 我只是碰巧遇见她 |
[1:12:28] | She was just thanking me for steering her in the right direction. | 她只是感谢我引导她走向正确的方向 |
[1:12:31] | Uh huh, I bet she was. | 确实 |
[1:12:35] | I just don’t want things to get misconstrued. | 我只是不想让事情被误解 |
[1:12:38] | Gary… | 盖瑞 |
[1:12:41] | you can trust me. | 你可以相信我 |
[1:12:45] | Wait, wait… | 等等 |
[1:12:47] | Just tell me this one more time. He’s trying to put out a hit on me? | 再说一遍 他是想对我下手吗? |
[1:12:50] | Yes! He’s trying to hire me to kill you! | 没错 他想雇我来杀你! |
[1:12:53] | What do you not get about that? We gotta go. | 你对此有什么不明白? 我们要赶快离开 |
[1:12:55] | – And he saw you in person? – Yeah. | – 就是说他亲眼见到你了? – 是的 |
[1:12:58] | – And he knows what you do? – Yeah. | – 所以他知道了你的职业? – 是的 |
[1:13:03] | So, are you gonna kill me? | 那么 你会杀了我吗? |
[1:13:07] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呀? |
[1:13:08] | Are you gonna kill me? | 你会不会杀我? |
[1:13:12] | No. | 不会 |
[1:13:14] | Then I have nothing to worry about. | 那我就没有什么好担心的 |
[1:13:21] | I think he might do it himself. | 我觉得他会自己出手 |
[1:13:23] | No, he won’t. | 他不会的 |
[1:13:26] | He won’t. He won’t. | 不会的 |
[1:13:29] | Okay. So, I ask the modern-day jury, what is your verdict? | 让我问一下现代陪审团 你们的裁决是什么? |
[1:13:35] | We’ve decided on life without parole. | 我们已经决定不得假释的无期徒刑 |
[1:13:39] | How very modern of you. | 非常现代的主义 |
[1:13:41] | How did you arrive at this conclusion? | 你是如何得出这个结论的? |
[1:13:43] | Well, even though we felt this person is guilty of a heinous act, | 尽管我们认为这个人 犯下了令人发指的罪行 |
[1:13:47] | we don’t think a state-sanctioned killing accomplishes anything, | 但国家批准的死刑 并不会带来任何好处 |
[1:13:50] | and only causes more pain and suffering. | 只会造成更多的痛苦 |
[1:13:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:13:55] | It’s a nice example of a legal system | 这是为响应公民意愿 |
[1:13:57] | set up to respond to the will of its citizens. | 而建立的法律体系的一个很好的例子 |
[1:14:00] | Now, let’s jump back in time to our Paleolithic friends, | 现在 让我们回到旧石器时代 |
[1:14:04] | 25,000 years ago, where things are very different. | 两万五千年前的情况非常不同 |
[1:14:08] | You have no jury. | 没有陪审团 |
[1:14:09] | You have no official legal system. | 没有正式的法律体系 |
[1:14:11] | You’re just a nomadic community. | 只是一个游牧群落 |
[1:14:13] | So, what are you gonna do about your problem, | 那么你会如何解决面临的生存威胁? |
[1:14:16] | this existential threat in the form of your unhinged leader | 如果一个精神错乱的领袖出现了 |
[1:14:20] | who’s invading other tribes? | 他正在入侵其他部落 |
[1:14:21] | He’s killing. He’s raping. He’s pillaging. | 杀人 强奸 掠夺 |
[1:14:24] | Seems like he’s gonna get you all killed. | 看来他将带你们走上绝路 |
[1:14:27] | What are your options? | 你们有什么选择? |
[1:14:29] | We’re kinda mixed. | 我们的想法不一致 |
[1:14:31] | Some of us think we should exile him…. | 有些人认为我们应该流放他 |
[1:14:33] | We don’t have the means to exile him. We gonna put him on a boat? | 我们没有办法流放他 你要把他送上船吗? |
[1:14:36] | The majority of us… | 我们大多数人 |
[1:14:38] | want to eliminate him. | 都想消灭他 |
[1:14:40] | Whatever we have to do for our own survival. | 为我们自己的生存 做必须做的事情 |
[1:14:44] | Whoo. Don’t mess with Jerren. | 千万别惹上杰伦 |
[1:14:47] | So, how do you solve this problem? | 那么如何解决这个问题呢? |
[1:14:48] | Execution. | 死刑 |
[1:14:50] | That’s ruthless, | 真是无情 |
[1:14:53] | but historically, potentially the right choice. | 但从历史上看 可能是正确的选择 |
[1:14:56] | There’s been a lot of scholarship on this very subject recently. | 最近有很多关于这个主题的学术研究 |
[1:14:59] | And the new thinking is that these kind of targeted killings | 新的想法是 这种有针对性的杀戮 |
[1:15:02] | actually play a larger part in our social evolution than previously thought. | 实际上在我们的社会进化中 发挥着比以前想象的更大的作用 |
[1:15:06] | This impulse to weed out these destabilizing forces | 铲除这些不稳定力量的冲动 |
[1:15:11] | is likely a dark thread in our historical DNA. | 可能是我们历史基因中的一条暗线 |
[1:15:15] | These killings were thought to have served a twofold purpose. | 这些杀戮被认为达到双重目的 |
[1:15:18] | They not only protected social coherence and norms, | 它们不仅保护社会凝聚力和规范 |
[1:15:21] | but also eliminated a certain kind of abusive | 而且还从基因库中消除了 |
[1:15:25] | and uncooperative person from the gene pool. | 有虐待倾向又不合作的人 |
[1:15:27] | Excuse me. When did our professor get hot? | 我们的教授什么时候变得这么帅? |
[1:15:30] | I know. | 就是嘛 |
[1:15:31] | And you’ll get those comp stats over to Headquarters this afternoon? | 今天下午你会把这些 统计分析数据送到总部吗? |
[1:15:38] | They know about the body? | 他们知道关于尸体的事吗? |
[1:15:39] | No. I haven’t had a chance to tell them yet. | 不 我还没有机会告诉他们 |
[1:15:42] | What body? | 什么尸体? |
[1:15:43] | You remember the lady came in, | 还记得之前那位女士 |
[1:15:44] | trying to have her husband killed, that we let go? | 试图杀死她的丈夫 而我们却放走了她吗? |
[1:15:46] | No, that he let go. | 不 是他放走的 |
[1:15:48] | Madison Figueroa Masters. | 麦迪逊·菲格罗亚·马斯特斯 |
[1:15:50] | Ah, the one you were Ron. | 啊 就是你当罗恩的那一次 |
[1:15:52] | Yeah, her husband was just found dead. | 是的 她的丈夫刚刚被发现死了 |
[1:15:56] | I’m sorry. What happened? Where? | 等等 发生了什么?在哪里? |
[1:15:58] | The body was found in Cabbage Alley off Chef Menteur. | 尸体是在门特尔厨师 附近的卷心菜巷被发现的 |
[1:16:01] | Possible drug deal gone bad. | 可能是毒品交易谈崩了 |
[1:16:03] | Single bullet to the aorta. A .38. | 点三八的单发子弹击中主动脉 |
[1:16:14] | Gary? | 盖瑞 |
[1:16:18] | Yeah. When I was researching our guy, | 嗯 当我在进行背景调查时 |
[1:16:20] | seemed like he had a lot of drug problems, so… | 他似乎有许多毒品关联的问题 |
[1:16:26] | Any suspects? | 有嫌疑人吗? |
[1:16:27] | Not really. Sounds like she and the husband got into it | 还没 听说她和丈夫 |
[1:16:29] | outside of a bar called Virgo’s, | 在处女座酒吧外发生争执 |
[1:16:31] | and then the guy she was with pulled a gun on him. | 然后和她在一起的男人用枪指着他 |
[1:16:35] | Did we ID that guy? | 查到男人的身份吗? |
[1:16:37] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[1:16:41] | Maybe it’s a new boyfriend or something? | 也许是新男朋友? |
[1:16:46] | Should we go try to find this guy, talk to him? | 应该去找这个人谈谈吗? |
[1:16:49] | I’m liking that. | 不错的主意 |
[1:16:50] | Let us know what you find out. | 有什么发现随时告诉我们 |
[1:16:52] | I think Johnson and I should tag-team this. | 我认为约翰逊和我应该一起合作 |
[1:16:56] | Is that all right if I bring him? | 我带着他去可以吗? |
[1:16:59] | Sure. | 行 |
[1:17:00] | Are you cool with it, Gary? | 盖瑞 你觉得如何? |
[1:17:04] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[1:17:34] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[1:17:35] | Looking for the boyfriend. | 正在寻找她的男朋友 |
[1:17:43] | Oh, shit! I found him! | 妈的!我找到他了! |
[1:17:45] | Fuck! I’m good. | 我真是厉害 |
[1:17:46] | Come on! What are we doing here? | 我们到底在这里做什么? |
[1:17:49] | Hey. Look, I’m not going to tell anybody. | 嘿 我不会告诉任何人 |
[1:17:52] | Tell ’em what? | 告诉什么? |
[1:17:53] | So, I ran into her again. Doesn’t mean I’m the boyfriend. | 我再次碰到了她 并不代表我就是她男朋友 |
[1:17:56] | Doesn’t mean I have anything to do with anything. | 不意味着我与此事有任何关系 |
[1:17:57] | Whoa, whoa. | 喔噢 |
[1:17:59] | Whoa. So defensive. | 哇哦 防御欲真强 |
[1:18:01] | Look, nobody’s accusing you of anything. | 没有人指责你任何事 |
[1:18:04] | I was just wondering if you knew this guy? | 我只是想知道你认识这个人吗? |
[1:18:09] | If he looked familiar? | 他看上去会眼熟吗? |
[1:18:13] | Yeah, that was the guy that ran out of the restaurant. | 是的 就是那个从餐厅跑出来的人 |
[1:18:16] | What was his name? Mike? | 他是叫什么了? 麦克吗? |
[1:18:18] | Ray. He’s Madison’s husband. | 雷 是麦迪逊的丈夫 |
[1:18:21] | Right? | 好吗? |
[1:18:25] | Right. | 好的 |
[1:18:27] | You see, I went back and listened to that conversation that you guys had, | 我再次听了你们的谈话 |
[1:18:30] | and it just took on a whole different layer of meaning for me. | 居然具有完全不同的意义 |
[1:18:36] | You really knew what button to push with that whole boyfriend line, huh? | 你还真会 用那句男友的台词让他心烦意乱 |
[1:18:40] | Huh? | 不是吗? |
[1:18:41] | What are you getting at? | 你到底想说什么? |
[1:18:45] | Nothing. It’s just… | 没什么 只是 |
[1:18:48] | Hey, look, we’re friends, right, Gary? | 嘿 盖瑞 我们是朋友 对吗? |
[1:18:50] | Let you in on something. | 让我与你分享一件事 |
[1:18:52] | Over the years, I’ve sort of learned to follow my nose | 多年来我学会了 跟随自己的直觉 |
[1:18:57] | on these hunches that I have, and usually something turns up pretty interesting. | 然而事情通常都会变得非常有趣 |
[1:19:03] | Valuable. | 并有价值 |
[1:19:05] | Let me know what you find. | 让我知道你发现什么 |
[1:19:08] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[1:19:11] | All right. Well… | 嗯 好的 |
[1:19:14] | I don’t know. Nothing here. | 这里好像没有什么东西 |
[1:19:22] | You scared me. | 吓死我了 |
[1:19:25] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[1:19:29] | Why are you looking at me like that? | 你为什么这样看着我? |
[1:19:32] | Like what? | 怎么样? |
[1:19:33] | You’re looking at me like something’s wrong. | 你看着我的眼神 就像有什么问题一样 |
[1:19:36] | Is something wrong? | 发生了什么事吗? |
[1:19:40] | Anything out of the ordinary? | 有什么不寻常的吗? |
[1:19:42] | Okay, what are you doing? | 你现在在干什么? |
[1:19:44] | Look, Ron, it’s too early for this shit. | 罗恩 可以不要一大早就这样吗? |
[1:19:46] | Did you hear about Ray? | 你有听说雷的事吗? |
[1:19:50] | That he’s dead? | 是说他死的事吗? |
[1:19:52] | Yeah. | 有啊 |
[1:19:55] | How do you know about that? | 你怎么知道的? |
[1:19:56] | I just know. | 我就是知道 |
[1:19:58] | Were you ever going to tell me? You just didn’t think it would come up? | 你有打算告诉我吗? 还是你认为不会谈到这个话题? |
[1:20:03] | Yeah, but who told you? | 但是是谁告诉你的? |
[1:20:07] | This is sort of my area. | 这是我的专长 |
[1:20:09] | You know, I listen to police scanners. | 我收听警察广播 |
[1:20:11] | I tend to know who’s being killed in this town. | 都会知道这个镇上谁被杀了 |
[1:20:15] | I’m wondering if you’re okay ’cause you seem weirdly okay. | 我想知道你还好吗? 因为你看起来出奇地好 |
[1:20:18] | I was obviously going to tell you. | 我是当然会告诉你的 |
[1:20:22] | It’s just that I’m still just processing it all. | 只是我还在消化着这一切 |
[1:20:28] | I don’t really know what to do with it. | 我真的不知道该怎么办 |
[1:20:30] | You know, it’s a weird position to be in. | 这是一个奇怪的处境 |
[1:20:33] | Am I supposed to be playing the role of a grieving widow? | 我应该要扮演一个 悲伤寡妇的角色吗? |
[1:20:36] | Well, I don’t know how to pretend. | 我不知道如何伪装 |
[1:20:41] | Was he a good guy? No. | 他是个好人吗?不 |
[1:20:43] | Did I love him? I mean, I loved him. | 我爱他吗?曾经爱过 |
[1:20:48] | Just…. people grieve in different ways. | 只是 人都以不同的方式表达哀伤 |
[1:20:53] | I just have to know. Did you have anything to do with this? | 我需要知道 你和这件事有什么关系吗? |
[1:20:57] | Why the fuck would I have anything to do with this? | 妈的 为什么我会和这件事有关系? |
[1:21:00] | What motive? You think…. | 我有什么动机?你认为… |
[1:21:02] | I’m the one who talked you out of killing him in the first place, remember? | 我是一开始劝你 不要杀他的人 还记得吗? |
[1:21:05] | What, you think I’m just out there on my own | 你以为我会独自在外面 |
[1:21:07] | killing people for no money? | 乱杀人 还不赚钱吗? |
[1:21:09] | Okay. | 知道了 |
[1:21:12] | I just had to ask. | 我只是想问一下 |
[1:21:17] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:21:22] | It’s okay. I’m…. | 没事 我 |
[1:21:25] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[1:21:34] | Come here. | 过来 |
[1:21:38] | I’m really happy you’re here. | 我真的很高兴有你在 |
[1:21:40] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[1:21:44] | So, what happened? | 所以发生了什么事? |
[1:21:46] | Police call you to let you know? | 警察打电话通知你吗? |
[1:21:48] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:21:50] | And what are they saying? Any suspects? Arrests? | 他们说了什么?有嫌疑人被逮捕吗? |
[1:21:54] | They think there was a drug deal going on. They just found him shot. | 他们认为可能是毒品交易 只是发现他是被枪杀的 |
[1:22:02] | I’m so scared. | 我很害怕 |
[1:22:03] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:22:05] | It’s so weird, | 这一切很诡异 |
[1:22:09] | so out of the blue. | 完全出乎意料 |
[1:22:14] | But you don’t have to be scared. Why would you be scared? | 但你不必害怕 你为什么会害怕? |
[1:22:20] | Because I killed him. | 因为我杀了他 |
[1:22:28] | You killed him? | 你杀了他? |
[1:22:30] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:22:34] | Why would you do that? | 为什么要这么做? |
[1:22:37] | You told me yourself. He was gonna come and kill me! | 你自己告诉我的 说他要来杀了我! |
[1:22:40] | So, he was attacking you. It was like self-defense. | 所以他是在攻击你 而你只是在自卫 |
[1:22:44] | – Technically… – Technically, what? What was he doing? | – 算是吧 – 算是什么?他当时在做什么? |
[1:22:47] | He was either passed out or asleep. | 他应该是昏倒了 要么就是睡着了 |
[1:22:51] | And you killed him? | 而你就杀了他? |
[1:22:53] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:22:54] | I made a story, and they’re believing it. | 我编了一个故事 而且大家都相信了 |
[1:22:57] | Oh, my God… | 我的天 |
[1:22:59] | Oh, my God! | 我的天哪! |
[1:23:03] | Why are you getting so worked up about this? | 你为什么对这件事这么激动? |
[1:23:05] | – You do this shit all the time. – I don’t do this all the time. | – 你一直在做这种事 – 我并不是一直在做 |
[1:23:07] | I’ve never done this. I’ve never killed anyone. | 我从来没有这样做过 我从来都没有杀过人 |
[1:23:10] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[1:23:13] | I’m a fake hitman. | 我是一个假杀手 |
[1:23:16] | That’s why I didn’t put you away. I didn’t have you arrested. | 这就是我没有送你去坐牢 没有逮捕你 |
[1:23:21] | Because I was working undercover. | 因为我是卧底 |
[1:23:24] | You’re a cop? | 你是警察? |
[1:23:26] | No. I…. | 我不是 |
[1:23:31] | I teach at a college. This hitman thing’s just a part-time gig | 我是大学教授 杀手这件事 只是一份兼职工作 |
[1:23:33] | that’s gotten out of hand. | 现在失控了 |
[1:23:35] | So, you’ve been lying to me this whole time? | 所以 你一直在骗我? |
[1:23:42] | I was stuck. | 我被困住了 |
[1:23:45] | I didn’t want to lose you, and you met Ron first. | 我不想失去你 而你先遇见了罗恩 |
[1:23:48] | And you liked Ron… | 而你喜欢罗恩 |
[1:23:50] | I liked Ron. So, I didn’t want to show you Gary. | 我也喜欢罗恩 所以不想让你认识盖瑞 |
[1:23:54] | Who the fuck is Gary? | 盖瑞到底是谁啊? |
[1:23:57] | I’m Gary. | 我是盖瑞 |
[1:23:58] | I don’t even know your name? | 我连你的名字都不知道? |
[1:24:00] | My real name is Gary Johnson. | 我的真名是盖瑞·约翰逊 |
[1:24:03] | – Gary? – I know! | – 盖瑞? – 我知道! |
[1:24:07] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:24:09] | They’ve called three times. | 他们已经打了三通电话了 |
[1:24:12] | Something must be going on. A situation probably… | 肯定有什么事情发生了 可能是大事 |
[1:24:15] | Hey, how’s it going, Claude? | 嘿 怎么了 克劳黛特? |
[1:24:17] | Gary, where are you? We need you back at the station now. | 盖瑞 你在哪里? 我们需要你马上回到警局 |
[1:24:20] | – Now? – Yes, now. | – 现在? – 是现在 |
[1:24:22] | We got a new development on this Madison Masters. | 关于麦迪逊·马斯特斯 我们有了新发现 |
[1:24:27] | Okay. I’ll be right there. | 好 我马上到 |
[1:24:30] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[1:24:32] | I gotta handle something really quickly, and then I’m gonna be right back… | 我必须处理一些事情 然后我马上就回来 |
[1:24:35] | Don’t. | 别 |
[1:24:38] | Just leave, whatever your name is. | 赶快离开 你这个冒牌货 |
[1:24:44] | I might have walked in as Ron, but I left as Gary. | 我进来时也许是罗恩 但却是以盖瑞的身份离开的 |
[1:24:52] | Johnson’s here! Phil, briefing room. | 约翰逊来了!菲尔 到简报室 |
[1:24:57] | Wait ’til you hear this. | 你不会相信我有什么消息 |
[1:24:59] | Hey! Lookin’ good, Gary. | 嘿 打扮不错呀 盖瑞 |
[1:25:09] | Glad you could make it. | 很高兴你能赶来 |
[1:25:12] | This is looking more and more like we messed this up. | 这看起来越来越像是我们搞砸了 |
[1:25:15] | Madison Figueroa is now the number one suspect. | 麦迪逊·菲格罗亚现在是头号嫌疑人 |
[1:25:20] | – Really? – Really. | – 真的吗? – 真的 |
[1:25:22] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[1:25:25] | Tell him what we just found out. | 告诉他我们刚刚发现的事情 |
[1:25:27] | About six months ago, | 大约六个月前 |
[1:25:28] | Ray Masters increased his life insurance policy | 雷·马斯特斯将他的人寿保单 |
[1:25:31] | by one million dollars. | 增加了一百万美元 |
[1:25:33] | A policy in which, of course, the wife was named the sole beneficiary. | 当然在这项保单中 妻子被指定为唯一受益人 |
[1:25:39] | Now, the policy pre-dates the initial solicitation attempt, | 该政策早于最初的买凶尝试 |
[1:25:41] | but Homicide now believes there might be some connective tissue here. | 但凶杀组现在相信 这两件事可能相关联 |
[1:25:44] | Maybe after your meeting, she coerced someone else to do it, | 也许你们见面后 她强迫了别人替她下手 |
[1:25:48] | or she did it herself. | 或者自己下手 |
[1:25:49] | That’s what happens when you let someone off the hook. | 放过人就会发生这种情况 |
[1:25:50] | Not helpful. | 少说吧 |
[1:25:51] | And that was a long time ago. | 那也是很久以前的事了 |
[1:25:56] | Gary, did you ever talk to her again after that time at the Please U? | 那次在悦友餐厅之后 你还和她说过话吗 盖瑞? |
[1:26:00] | Yeah. Actually, I did. | 是的 其实还有 |
[1:26:03] | You did? When? | 你有? 什么时候? |
[1:26:05] | Yeah, I ran into her at Ted’s Frostop. | 就在特德冷饮店遇见了她 |
[1:26:08] | She just thanked me for helping her out, giving her good advice. | 她只是感谢我劝导了她 |
[1:26:12] | Actually, that was the night I ran into you. | 其实 就是我碰巧遇见你的那天晚上 |
[1:26:14] | You talked to her. | 你也和她说过话 |
[1:26:18] | You talked to her, too? | 你也有和她说话? |
[1:26:22] | I didn’t realize that was her. | 我没有意识到那是她 |
[1:26:24] | Yeah, that was Madison. | 那个就是麦迪逊 |
[1:26:30] | So, do you think she could be involved in his murder? | 那么你认为她与这个谋杀案有关联吗? |
[1:26:35] | I mean, there’s always a chance, but I would be very surprised. | 多少都有点可能 但我会感到非常惊讶 |
[1:26:38] | She just seemed so happy. She left her husband. | 她只是看起来很高兴 终于离开了她的丈夫 |
[1:26:42] | She got her own place. | 有了自己的房子 |
[1:26:45] | And just seemed like she was doing really well. | 看起来过得很好 |
[1:26:50] | So, what are we doin’ next here, guys? | 那么 接下来我们要怎么办? |
[1:26:53] | Well, we could pull her in for questioning at any time. | 嗯 我们可以随时把她拉进来审问 |
[1:26:57] | She’ll probably just get a lawyer, clam up… | 她应该会去找律师 什么都不说 |
[1:27:00] | and if she’s really behind this, | 如果她真的是这件事的幕后黑手 |
[1:27:01] | she’s probably got her lies and alibis in order. You know. | 她可能已经编好谎言 安排了不在场证明 |
[1:27:04] | I’m thinking we got a one-time opportunity to get the unvarnished story from her. | 我想仅有一次机会 能从她口中得知真相 |
[1:27:10] | This guy. | 派他去 |
[1:27:13] | – Me? – Yeah. | – 我? – 是的 |
[1:27:16] | Question, when you ran into her, | 问你 当你碰见她的时候 |
[1:27:20] | were you Gary, or were you the hitman? | 你是以盖瑞还是杀手的身份? |
[1:27:23] | Which one were you going under on that one? | 到底演的是哪一套? |
[1:27:26] | Ron. | 罗恩 |
[1:27:28] | Okay, so you’re still Ron, the hitman, to her? | 所以对她来说 你还是罗恩杀手? |
[1:27:31] | Who else would I be? | 我还能当谁? |
[1:27:35] | This is great. I mean, look, she forever knows | 这很好 她永远知道 |
[1:27:38] | that he knows that she wanted to kill the guy, | 罗恩得知她想杀了这个家伙 |
[1:27:41] | and she must like him or trust him enough | 她应该对他有好感或是足够信任他 |
[1:27:45] | to be sharing a sundae at Ted’s Frostop. | 才能在特德冷饮店一起吃圣代 |
[1:27:48] | I mean, let’s face it, huh? They got the goods on each other. | 实际上 他们知道彼此之间的秘密 |
[1:27:52] | I mean, she would never in a million years suspect | 到死都不会怀疑 |
[1:27:55] | he’s recording their conversation. | 他正在对他们的谈话进行录音 |
[1:27:56] | I think we got an opportunity here. | 我认为这就是我们的机会 |
[1:28:00] | So, we manufacture a random encounter where he gets her talking. | 所以我们制造一次 随机相遇让她开口 |
[1:28:06] | Not random. | 不是随机的 |
[1:28:08] | Surprise encounter. | 而是一场惊喜邂逅 |
[1:28:11] | I say we put a wire on Gary, | 我们让盖瑞带上窃听器 |
[1:28:14] | and we go in now. | 现在就上场 |
[1:28:17] | Look, I’m thinking you can just play this as a concerned check-in. | 我想你可以演一场关心的问候戏 |
[1:28:22] | You read about the husband’s death, | 你读到了丈夫去世的消息 |
[1:28:25] | and you’re up front about why you want to talk with her. | 诚实地让她知道与她谈话的原因 |
[1:28:32] | I’m liking this. | 我喜欢这个主意 |
[1:28:33] | There’s no tellin’ what she’ll say, but once you get her talking, | 虽然不知道她会说什么 但一旦让她开口了以后 |
[1:28:37] | you’ll be able to tell if she’s lying to you. | 就能辨别出她是否在对你撒谎 |
[1:28:39] | Exactly. | 确实 |
[1:28:40] | You good with that, Gary? | 你同意吗 盖瑞? |
[1:28:43] | I think it’s a good plan. | 我觉得是很好的计划 |
[1:28:45] | Very good. | 非常好 |
[1:28:47] | So, you send me the address. | 那你把地址发给我吧 |
[1:28:49] | I’ll meet you over there. | 我们在那里会合 |
[1:28:51] | – Let’s nail her. – No, I’ll ride with you. | – 去逮捕她 – 我和你一辆车去吧 |
[1:28:53] | I’ll get you prepped. | 帮你做好准备 |
[1:28:55] | See you guys in the van. | 回头车里见 |
[1:29:04] | You good? | 你还好吗? |
[1:29:06] | Yeah. | 好 |
[1:29:10] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:29:12] | You’re making me nervous. | 你让我很紧张 |
[1:29:25] | Really? Does he need that? | 他真的需要这个吗? |
[1:29:27] | Yeah. I wanna be in his ear on this one. | 是的 我想在他耳边指示 |
[1:29:31] | Go get her, Ron! | 去捉她吧 罗恩! |
[1:29:38] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:29:41] | I got you. | 我守护着你 |
[1:29:48] | You guys there? | 你们在吗? |
[1:29:49] | Can you guys hear me? | 听得到我吗? |
[1:29:51] | Loud and clear. | 响亮清晰 |
[1:29:52] | Your ears working? | 你能听到我吗? |
[1:29:53] | – Yep. – Great. | – 是 – 好 |
[1:29:56] | Remember, audio only, gotta get a good recording. | 记住 只有音频 必须获得良好的录音 |
[1:29:59] | Got it. | 收到 |
[1:30:09] | We gotta talk. | 我有话和你说 |
[1:30:09] | 警察在窃听 听我指挥 我们是同一战线的 | |
[1:30:11] | There’s a bunch of shit coming down | 有一堆乱七八糟的事要发生 |
[1:30:12] | that we gotta figure out quick, or we are both fucked. | 我们必须尽快弄清楚 否则我们都完蛋了 |
[1:30:15] | Wait, what? | 什么? |
[1:30:16] | Look, people know I handle shit around here, | 别人都知道我在这里处事 |
[1:30:16] | 我还是罗恩 我们不是情侣 | |
[1:30:18] | so because of that meeting we had that one time, | 由于我们那次的会面 |
[1:30:20] | I’m catching heat for the death of your husband. | 因为你丈夫的过世 现在我背上了黑锅 |
[1:30:22] | – They’re thinking one of us did it. – Well, it wasn’t me! | – 他们认为是我们其中一个人干的 – 那肯定不是我! |
[1:30:25] | Look, I know you did it. It’s fuckin’ obvious… | 我知道是你做的 太他妈明显了… |
[1:30:27] | 你是无辜的 矢口否认 | |
[1:30:28] | – …and I don’t blame you. – I didn’t kill him! | – …我不怪你 – 我没有杀他! |
[1:30:30] | Wait, who’s accusing me of this? | 等等 是谁在指责我? |
[1:30:33] | This is bullshit! And you, out of all people, should know | 胡说八道!你应该最了解 |
[1:30:34] | that I wasn’t capable of this! | 我没杀人的本事! |
[1:30:36] | Okay, then who did? What the hell happened? | 好吧 那是谁干的呢? 到底发生了什么事? |
[1:30:40] | I just know what they’ve told me… | 我只知道他们告诉我的事 |
[1:30:41] | Which is what? | 那又是什么? |
[1:30:43] | He got shot buying drugs. | 他买毒品时被枪杀 |
[1:30:44] | Guy was an addict. | 那家伙是个瘾君子 |
[1:30:46] | Okay, so you say you didn’t kill him. | 好 你说你没有杀死他 |
[1:30:49] | 他们知道 处女座酒吧外掏枪的事 那绝对不是我 | |
[1:30:51] | When was the last time you saw him? | 你最后一次见到他是什么时候? |
[1:30:53] | Not that long ago, at Virgo’s. | 不久前 在处女座 |
[1:30:55] | The club? | 那个夜店? |
[1:30:56] | Yes, the club. I was walking out of Virgo’s with this guy | 是的 我跟一个在舞池上认识的男人 |
[1:30:59] | that I met on the dance floor, and boom, I run into Ray. | 正要离开处女座 然后突然之间碰见了雷 |
[1:31:03] | Ray loses his shit when he sees me with this other guy, | 当雷看到我和别人在一起时就疯了 |
[1:31:05] | starts running his mouth, gets all threatening, | 开始大喊大叫 满嘴威胁 |
[1:31:07] | and fucking grabs me. | 然后他妈的就抓住了我 |
[1:31:09] | And then this other guy, trying to protect me, | 然后那个男的试图保护我 |
[1:31:10] | he pulls out a gun out of nowhere and sticks it in Ray’s face. | 不知从哪掏出一把枪 就直接贴在雷的脸上 |
[1:31:14] | Find out more about the guy with the gun. | 问一问更多有关持枪男子的事 |
[1:31:16] | Ray freaks out. | 雷吓坏了 |
[1:31:17] | He leaves. I run away, and that was the last time I saw him. | 马上离开 我也逃跑了 那就是我最后一次见到他 |
[1:31:21] | So, who’s this guy? | 那么 这个人是谁? |
[1:31:23] | The one who pulled the gun. What’s his name? | 拔枪的那个人 他叫什么名字? |
[1:31:27] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:31:28] | – You don’t know his name? – I don’t know his name. | – 你不知道他的名字? – 我不知道他的名字 |
[1:31:31] | We were having fun on the dance floor, | 我们在舞池上玩得很开心 |
[1:31:33] | and I asked him if he wanted to go somewhere else. | 就问他是否想去别的地方 |
[1:31:36] | He said yes. | 他说想 |
[1:31:37] | We walk out, all that stuff with Ray happened. | 我们走了出去 之后与雷的事情就发生了 |
[1:31:40] | So, you know what, if he said his name, I didn’t hear it. | 就算他说了名字 我也没听见 |
[1:31:44] | So, you don’t know his name. | 所以你不知道他的名字 |
[1:31:46] | You’re just leaving the club with some random stranger you just met? | 你就和刚认识的陌生人 一起离开夜店? |
[1:31:49] | Hey, fuck off! | 关你屁事! |
[1:31:51] | I’m a grown woman. I’m single, and he wasn’t random. | 我是一个成年女人 我单身 而且他也不是我随便找的人 |
[1:31:55] | He was a damn good dancer. | 他是一位非常棒的舞者 |
[1:31:58] | Well, I’m happy for you. | 我替你感到开心 |
[1:32:00] | ‘Cause your mystery man, he’s a suspect. | 因为你的神秘人正是嫌疑人 |
[1:32:02] | I’m hearing they’re looking for him. | 听说他们在找他 |
[1:32:05] | Nail her on the insurance policy. | 拿保险单的事让她上套 |
[1:32:06] | Shit, well, so am I. | 正巧 我也是呢 |
[1:32:09] | Good men are rare these days. He stood up for me. He protected me. | 现在的好男人很少见了 他为我挺身而出还保护了我 |
[1:32:13] | So, you know what? If they find him, you let me know. | 如果他们找到了他 你得让我知道 |
[1:32:16] | You know, that first time we met at the Please U, | 我们第一次见面在悦友餐厅时 |
[1:32:17] | 他们知道保单的事 都推在雷身上 | |
[1:32:19] | your motive didn’t seem financial, | 你的动机似乎与经济无关 |
[1:32:22] | like a lot of these other pieces of shit I work for. | 不像其他雇佣我的混蛋 |
[1:32:25] | Yeah, because it wasn’t. | 是的 因为的确无关 |
[1:32:26] | Then what is this million-dollar insurance policy | 那么这个人人都知道的 |
[1:32:29] | everybody seems to know about? | 百万保单又是什么呢? |
[1:32:31] | Don’t act like a million dollars is nothing. | 不要表现得好像 一百万美元不算什么 |
[1:32:33] | Don’t you fucking lie to me. You know what I’m capable of. | 他妈的 别想骗我 你知道我能做出什么事 |
[1:32:40] | Ray’s family has money. They do shit like this. | 雷家有钱 他们就喜欢干这种事 |
[1:32:43] | They take out insurance. | 就只会购买保险 |
[1:32:45] | Look, I don’t even know if I get any of that money. | 我根本不知道这些钱会不会到手 |
[1:32:47] | For all I know, he changed the beneficiary when we broke up. | 也许在我们分手时 换了受益人 |
[1:32:51] | Listen, I have no mind for financial stuff. | 我对财务根本没兴趣 |
[1:32:53] | Ray would talk about money | 雷会谈论金钱… |
[1:32:55] | and investments and shit like that, and it would just go over my head. | …还有投资之类的 对我来说都没有意思 |
[1:32:59] | Oh, you’re giving me all the answers, | 你给了我所有的答案 |
[1:33:03] | but you are not giving me the right answers. | 但都不是正确的答案 |
[1:33:05] | I’m giving you the truth! | 我给你的是真相! |
[1:33:06] | I still know you did it. | 我还是知道是你干的 |
[1:33:08] | Fuck you! I didn’t do it. | 去你的 不是我 |
[1:33:10] | You know what? How dare you come into my own house and accuse me. | 你怎么有这么大的胆子 敢到我的家里来控告我? |
[1:33:13] | You know what? Get the fuck outta my house! | 赶快滚出我家! |
[1:33:15] | Hey, I’m on your side. That is why I’m here. | 嘿 我是站在你这边 才会到你家来 |
[1:33:18] | I’m trying to help you get away with this. | 我正在努力帮助你摆脱这一切 |
[1:33:20] | Not because I’m some great guy or anything, | 不是因为我是一个伟大的人 |
[1:33:23] | but as soon as the heat’s off you, it’s off of me, too. | 而是一旦警方的注意力从你身上移开 这也就与我无关了 |
[1:33:25] | We can dig our way out of this mess together. | 我们可以一起走出困境 |
[1:33:28] | There is no together! | 这里没有我们! |
[1:33:29] | I can push this whole thing off on someone else, | 我可以把这整件事推到别人身上 |
[1:33:31] | but before I do that, you have to tell me the truth | 但在我这么做之前 你必须告诉我真相 |
[1:33:33] | – so I can get this right. – You know what? I’m done. | – 我才能把这件事做好 – 你知道吗?我受够了 |
[1:33:35] | I’m done answering questions from a fucking hitman. | 我不想再回答杀手的审问了 |
[1:33:38] | You’re not a cop! Let them find out who really did it. | 你又不是警察! 让他们查出到底是谁干的 |
[1:33:41] | I’ve already told you everything that I know! | 我已经告诉过你我所知道的一切! |
[1:33:43] | I had nothing to do with this! | 我和这件事没有任何关系! |
[1:33:45] | Ray was a druggie loser asshole. | 雷是个没有用的吸毒犯 |
[1:33:48] | Now get the fuck out of my house! | 立刻他妈的滚出我的家! |
[1:33:50] | Hey! Last time. | 嘿!最后一次机会 |
[1:33:52] | I am offering you a way out. | 我在给你提供一条出路 |
[1:33:55] | After I walk out of this door, you’re on your own. I could’ve helped. | 我走出这扇门之后你只能靠自己了 我本可以帮你的 |
[1:33:58] | Good. I don’t need it. | 好 我不需要你帮忙 |
[1:34:01] | And as far as we know, they could be watching us right now, | 他们现在可能正在监视我们 |
[1:34:03] | so we should probably never see each other again. | 所以我们应该再也不要见面了 |
[1:34:06] | Great. | 行啊 |
[1:34:07] | You know, if you see me publicly, don’t say, “Hi.” | 如果在外面见到 不要和我打招呼 |
[1:34:09] | Nothing personal. | 不是针对你 |
[1:34:10] | We just gotta keep this clean. | 只是不想要惹麻烦 |
[1:34:12] | Fine by me. | 我无所谓 |
[1:34:21] | Fuck. | 干! |
[1:34:28] | What’d you think? | 你觉得如何? |
[1:34:31] | What did you think? | 你觉得呢? |
[1:34:34] | You gave her plenty of rope to hang herself. | 你给了她很多坑去踩了 |
[1:34:37] | Mm-hm. She’s either the best liar that we’ve ever encountered, or she’s innocent. | 她要么是我们遇过最好的骗子 要么她是无辜的 |
[1:34:42] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:34:43] | – Damn it! I thought it was her. – Yeah, me, too. | – 该死的 我以为会是她 – 我也是 |
[1:34:47] | Yeah, she seemed pretty honest in there. | 是的 她看起来很诚实 |
[1:34:53] | What about you, Jasper? | 贾斯珀 你觉得呢? |
[1:34:58] | Yeah. I tend to agree. I don’t think she did it. | 我倾向于同意 不认为是她做的 |
[1:35:03] | Great work in there, Gary. Really. | 真的干得很好 盖瑞 |
[1:35:09] | So this mystery guy, the one who pulled the gun, | 所以这个神秘的拔枪家伙 |
[1:35:12] | – should we try to hunt that guy down? – No. | – 应该设法追捕他吗? – 不 |
[1:35:14] | No, he just seems like some guy who pulled a gun on an asshole in an alleyway. | 他看起来只是一个 在小巷里用枪指着混蛋的人 |
[1:35:19] | Nothing much happened. | 也没发生什么大事 |
[1:35:21] | Yeah, we’re done here. | 是的 完了 |
[1:35:50] | Oh, my God! | 我的天啊! |
[1:35:53] | Yeah! There he is. | 是的 就是他 |
[1:35:55] | The man himself. | 我们的风云人物 |
[1:36:05] | I figured you’d be coming by here, man. | 我就猜到你会回来这里 |
[1:36:09] | Come on, celebration beer? I’m gonna get you a beer. | 喝点啤酒庆祝一下? 我去给你拿瓶啤酒 |
[1:36:11] | – You got it the first time. I got it. – I’ll get it. | – 你刚才去拿了 这次由我来 – 我来拿 |
[1:36:15] | She’s awesome. | 她太棒了 |
[1:36:17] | What’s going on, Jasper? | 这是什么回事 贾斯珀? |
[1:36:19] | I was literally just telling Madison here what phenomenal actors you guys are. | 我刚刚才跟麦迪逊说 你们都是一流的演员 |
[1:36:24] | So, I had to get backstage, | 所以我必须回到后台 |
[1:36:27] | poke my head inside the green room. | 亲眼看看绿色房间 |
[1:36:29] | I mean, your performance was flawless, | 你的表现真的完美无瑕 |
[1:36:33] | but you… | 但你呢 |
[1:36:36] | you, my friend, | 兄弟 |
[1:36:37] | knocked my fucking socks off. | 简直让我另眼相看 |
[1:36:40] | Maybe I never gave you enough credit, Gary. | 也许我没有给予你足够的赞扬 盖瑞 |
[1:36:43] | Or… Ron. Sorry. | 还是是罗恩 不好意思 |
[1:36:45] | Gary… Ron… | 盖瑞 罗恩 |
[1:36:49] | I get them mixed up sometimes. Do you? | 我有时会把他们搞混 你也会吗? |
[1:36:52] | Sometimes. | 有时吧 |
[1:36:54] | – Yeah. – What the fuck is going on? | – 是的 – 这到底是怎么回事? |
[1:36:58] | Well, I was literally just telling the lovely Madison | 我刚刚才对可爱的麦迪逊说 |
[1:37:03] | that I was gonna be fine with whatever way it went this afternoon. | 不管今天下午进展如何我都不会介意 |
[1:37:07] | That if it just blew up in your face, | 如果你把事情弄糟了 |
[1:37:11] | well, at least I’d get my job back. | 好吧 至少我能恢复岗位 |
[1:37:13] | But, if you got away with it, | 但如果你侥幸逃脱了惩罚 |
[1:37:16] | which, hey, congratulations, it seems like you did, | 那么就恭喜你 显然成功做到了 |
[1:37:21] | I would just have to settle for a fuck-ton of money. | 我只需要拿一大笔钱就满足了 |
[1:37:27] | Oh, this is where you would go, “What money, Jasper?” | 说到这里你可能会说 “什么钱 贾斯珀?” |
[1:37:30] | Or, “Money from where?” | 或者 “哪来的钱?” |
[1:37:32] | And then I would say, | 然而我就会说 |
[1:37:36] | “the dead husband’s insurance policy.” | “已故丈夫的保险单” |
[1:37:40] | Okay. Whoa, whoa, whoa. | 嘿 冷静 |
[1:37:42] | This will be our little understanding, okay? | 这会是我们之间的小默契 好吗? |
[1:37:45] | The one that keeps me silent | 那个让我保持沉默 |
[1:37:48] | and you guys out of prison. | 并能让你们不入狱的秘密 |
[1:37:52] | – You got nothing, Jasper. – Well, I… | – 你空口无凭 贾斯珀 – 我说… |
[1:37:54] | Nah. It’s ’cause there isn’t anything. That we’re dating? | 不 因为什么都没发生 你要说我们在约会吗? |
[1:37:56] | – You think anybody gives a shit? – Oh, shit! I didn’t know that. | – 你觉得有人在乎吗? – 妈的!我都不知道 |
[1:37:58] | Hey! You’ve already played your hand here. | 嘿!你已经把你的牌打完了 |
[1:37:59] | – Congratulations. – Fuck you! Get lost! | – 恭喜你 – 去你的!给我滚! |
[1:38:01] | Hey! Stop. | 嘿!够了 |
[1:38:04] | Stay. | 留下 |
[1:38:06] | Babe, sit down. We’re gonna hear him out. | 宝贝 坐下 我们听他说完 |
[1:38:08] | Yeah, babe, you’re being a dick. | 是的 宝贝 你真是个混蛋 |
[1:38:18] | I’m just trying to help you guys out. | 我只是想帮助你们 |
[1:38:19] | – Help us out? – Oh, Jesus Christ, Gary! | – 帮助我们是吗? – 哦 天哪 盖瑞 |
[1:38:22] | Enough. Okay? Enough! | 够了 好吗? 够了! |
[1:38:27] | Okay. Cut the bullshit. | 废话少说 |
[1:38:29] | Here, I’ll go first, all right? | 我先说 好吗? |
[1:38:32] | I’ve been following both of you. | 我一直在关注你们两个 |
[1:38:34] | And here, I’ll be even more honest. | 我诚实地承认 |
[1:38:37] | I wanted my job back. | 我是想要回我的工作 |
[1:38:38] | Nothing against you personally, okay, but holy shit! | 没有什么针对你个人的 但是天哪! |
[1:38:46] | I have enough evidence to put you away for life. | 我有足够的证据 可以让你吃一辈子牢饭 |
[1:38:51] | And you… | 还有你 |
[1:38:53] | an accomplice to murder? | 谋杀的同谋? |
[1:38:56] | Whoa, doggy. | 哇哦 小弟 |
[1:39:01] | You’re gonna be there for a while. | 你会在监狱待一段时间 |
[1:39:03] | And the only reason that I’m 100 percent sure | 我百分百确定是你做的 |
[1:39:08] | that you did it, is because I am 100 percent sure | 唯一原因是因为我百分百确定 |
[1:39:13] | that your Mr. Tough Guy here… | 你的硬汉先生 |
[1:39:18] | couldn’t fucking kill a thing. | 他妈的杀不了任何东西 |
[1:39:30] | The house is hot. | 屋子里有点热 |
[1:39:37] | And ironically, | 讽刺的是 |
[1:39:41] | life insurance might have actually saved you guys here. | 人寿保险实际上可能拯救了你们 |
[1:39:44] | I mean, that money got me thinking, that this… | 那笔钱让我认为这个… |
[1:39:55] | …dark… | 黑暗… |
[1:39:58] | fucking adventure, okay, that we’ve all been on, | 该死的冒险 好吧 我们都经历过 |
[1:40:02] | can actually have a happy ending. | 实际上可以有一个幸福的结局 |
[1:40:06] | Okay. So, the day that you hand over the cash… | 那么 你交出现金的那一天… |
[1:40:11] | is the… | 将是… |
[1:40:15] | Fuck! | 干! |
[1:40:20] | Fuck! | 干! |
[1:40:43] | I’m fucked. | 我又搞砸了 |
[1:40:45] | What just happened? | 刚刚到底发生了什么? |
[1:40:49] | I put drugs in his beer. I hope I didn’t overdo it. | 我往他的啤酒里下了药 希望没有过量 |
[1:40:55] | But if he wakes up, I’m going to jail… | 但如果他醒过来的话 我就会进监狱 |
[1:41:02] | I drugged a cop. | 我给一个警察下了药 |
[1:41:06] | I am so fucked. | 我真的完了 |
[1:41:24] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么呀? |
[1:41:48] | What’s that for? | 要那个来做什么? |
[1:41:51] | Commitment. | 做戏做全套 |
[1:41:59] | Can’t get away with killing a cop. | 杀了警察是逃不掉的 |
[1:42:06] | Not usually, but for Jasper these days, | 至少通常不能 但现在对于贾斯珀来说 |
[1:42:11] | I’m thinking we can. | 我想我们可以 |
[1:42:15] | I mean, the police are probably thinking about him | 警察可能正像我们一样 |
[1:42:17] | the way we are right now, | 对他有点意见 |
[1:42:20] | they’d just be better off if he wasn’t around anymore. | 如果他不在了 大家会过得更好 |
[1:42:32] | Oh, God. | 我的天啊 |
[1:42:38] | So, what’s our story? | 那么 我们的故事是什么? |
[1:42:42] | He gets found in his car in a remote area. | 他被发现在偏远地区的车里 |
[1:42:45] | Drugs in his system, bag over his head, | 体内充满了毒品 头上套着袋子 |
[1:42:47] | no contusions or sign of struggle, | 没有挫伤或挣扎的迹象 |
[1:42:50] | clearly a suicide. | 显然是自杀 |
[1:42:54] | I mean, his wife left him years ago, so… | 他的妻子几年前就离开了他 |
[1:42:58] | no one to question the story. | 所以没有人会质疑这个故事 |
[1:43:01] | He’s racist, misogynistic, abusive. | 他是种族主义者 厌女者 又是虐待者 |
[1:43:08] | A dirty, dirty cop. | 一个混账腐败的警察 |
[1:43:14] | Fuck him. | 该死 |
[1:43:22] | Are we really doing this? | 我们真的要这样做吗? |
[1:43:24] | We don’t have a choice. | 我们别无选择 |
[1:43:27] | Look, I know you’re taking a big leap with me, | 我知道你和我一起冒着很大的风险 |
[1:43:31] | and there are some factual loose threads we’ll be dealing with, but… | 而且必须维持一些谎言 但是… |
[1:43:37] | I think I’m in love with you. | 我觉得我已经爱上了你 |
[1:43:43] | Well, it’s always a leap. | 这总是一个冒险 |
[1:43:47] | And for the record, I think I’m in love with you, too. | 我想我也爱上了你 |
[1:43:55] | For better or worse? | 不管结果好或坏? |
[1:43:59] | We can agree this is kind of the worst, right? | 我们一致同意 这是最糟糕的结果 对吧? |
[1:44:07] | Right. | 是的 |
[1:44:11] | So, we’re in this ’til the end? | 那么我们就这样一直到最后吗? |
[1:44:14] | ‘Til death do us part? | 直到死亡将我们分开? |
[1:44:17] | Yes, because I don’t believe in divorce. | 是的 因为我不相信离婚 |
[1:44:21] | I’m kidding. | 开玩笑的 |
[1:44:23] | So, do we agree on the terms? | 那么 我们同意这些条款吗? |
[1:44:26] | I do. | 同意 |
[1:44:29] | Where do I sign? | 我在哪里签字? |
[1:44:33] | – Anywhere else I need to sign? – Initial here. | – 还有什么地方需要我签字吗? – 在这里签个名 |
[1:44:37] | We gotta make sure this document is airtight. | 我们必须确保这份文件无懈可击 |
[1:44:42] | I think there’s a little place down here I need to initial. | 我觉得在这下面 有一个小地方需要我签名的 |
[1:45:02] | I know I’ve thrown a lot at you this semester, | 我知道这个学期我给了你们很多信息 |
[1:45:06] | but that’s the point, isn’t it? | 但这就是重点 不是吗? |
[1:45:08] | To be inundated, overwhelmed by perspectives and possibilities, | 被观点和可能性淹没 |
[1:45:13] | because that is what life is offering you if you choose to look at it that way. | 因为这就是生活所提供给你的 如果你选择这样看待它 |
[1:45:18] | And I didn’t always. | 但我并不总是这样 |
[1:45:20] | I used to believe that reality was objective, immutable. | 我曾经相信现实是客观的 一成不变的 |
[1:45:25] | And we’re all just sort of stuck in a Plato-Descartes-Kant sort of way. | 我们都被困住了 以柏拉图与笛卡尔和康德的方式 |
[1:45:32] | But over the years, I’ve come to believe | 但这些年来 我逐渐相信 |
[1:45:34] | that the truth is created through the integration | 真理是通过不同观点的融合 |
[1:45:37] | of different points of view, and there are no absolutes, | 而创造出来的 并没有绝对的 |
[1:45:40] | whether moral or epistemological. | 无论是道德上的还是认识论上的 |
[1:45:43] | Now, I find this to be a much more empowering way to go through life, | 我发现这是一种更有力量的生活方式 |
[1:45:46] | this notion that if the universe is not fixed, | 要是你有这样的观念 宇宙如果是不固定的 |
[1:45:51] | then neither are you, | 那么你也不是 |
[1:45:52] | and you really can become a different and hopefully, better person. | 你就真的可以成为 一个不同并更好的人 |
[1:45:57] | Now, the one thing I know for certain, is your reality will change over time | 我确定的一件事是 你的现实生活会随着时间的推移 |
[1:46:02] | in ways you cannot even imagine, | 以你无法想象的方式改变 |
[1:46:04] | and I urge you to be open for this transformation. | 我敦促你对这种转变持开放态度 |
[1:46:09] | So, as we close out this semester, | 因此 在我们结束这个学期之前 |
[1:46:11] | if I have one piece of advice for you moving forward | 对你在这个复杂的世界中前进 |
[1:46:14] | in this complicated world, it is this: | 我唯有一句建议 那便是 |
[1:46:20] | seize the identity you want for yourself. | 抓住你想要的身份 |
[1:46:27] | And whoever you wanna be after this class, | 无论你想在这堂课之后成为谁 |
[1:46:30] | be them with passion and abandon. | 都可以充满激情 并放纵地去成为那个人 |
[1:46:35] | Best of luck to you all on your final exam. | 祝大家期末考试顺利 |
[1:46:39] | You may begin. | 大家可以开始了 |
[1:46:43] | All right. You see all those white birds out there? | 你看到外面那些白色的鸟吗? |
[1:46:46] | Notice the long orange bill, right? That’s the white ibis. | 注意到它那长长的 橙色喙吗?那就是白鹮 |
[1:46:51] | Look at those eyes. They’re crazy. | 看看那些诡异的眼睛 |
[1:46:55] | All right, so, I know we have the croissants, | 好 我知道我们准备了羊角面包 |
[1:46:57] | and I know we have the cupcakes. Are you bringing the apple pie? | 还有纸杯蛋糕 你有带苹果馅饼来吗? |
[1:47:00] | Yeah, I’m bringing Gary’s famous apple pie. | 是的 我带来了盖瑞拿手的苹果馅饼 |
[1:47:02] | That’s wonderful. Okay. I have that. | 那好极了 好的 我记录了 |
[1:47:04] | Oh. And don’t worry about the costumes, I got it. | 哦 别担心服装 我准备了 |
[1:47:09] | Thank God. You’re the best, Madison. Thank you. | 我的天 麦迪逊 你是最棒的 谢谢 |
[1:47:11] | We were hoping someone would step in and help. | 我们正希望有人会介入并提供帮助 |
[1:47:14] | You know, Gabby just bailed for Aspen. | 加比刚刚抛弃我们去了阿斯彭 |
[1:47:16] | I could’ve literally strangled her to death. | 我简直想要掐死她 |
[1:47:21] | Yeah. I know. | 是的 我明白 |
[1:47:22] | Anyway, I’ll see you next meeting. | 好吧 下个会议再见 |
[1:47:25] | As love can do, somewhere along the way, it changed me. | 正如爱拥有的力量 它在一路上的某个地方改变了我 |
[1:47:29] | I eventually found the proper cocktail of Gary and Ron. | 我最终找到了盖瑞 和罗恩的最合适平衡 |
[1:47:32] | After all, life is short. | 毕竟生命是短暂的 |
[1:47:35] | You gotta live on your own terms. | 你必须按照自己的方式生活 |
[1:47:39] | Mommy, where did you meet Daddy? | 妈咪 你在哪里遇见爹地的? |
[1:47:54] | Well, Daddy was the nicest guy I’d ever met. | 你的爸爸是我见过最好的人 |
[1:47:59] | Even though he was being all tough, | 尽管他一副硬汉模样 |
[1:48:02] | I could tell it was an act. | 我看得出只是在伪装 |
[1:48:04] | And your mother, well, what can I say? | 还有我对你妈妈 |
[1:48:08] | – It was love at first sight. | 只能说是一见钟情 |
[1:48:11] | She ended up making a new man out of me. | 她最终把我变成了一个全新的人 |
[1:48:16] | But to answer your question, we met at a magical little place | 但为了回答你的问题 我们在一个叫做悦友的 |
[1:48:20] | called the Please U Cafe. | 神奇小餐厅遇到的 |
[1:48:26] | You enjoying your pie? | 你的馅饼好吃吗? |
[1:48:28] | All pie is good pie. | 所有的馅饼都好吃 |
[1:48:30] | It sure is. | 的确是 |