时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | Hey, what are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[00:21] | Jesus. Did you get a good look? | 老天,你看清楚了吗? |
[00:24] | Blue Toyota Camry, that’s all I saw. | 我只看到蓝色丰田房车 |
[00:26] | -It’s the Wartons’ dog. -Oh, man. | – 是沃顿家的狗 – 天啊 |
[00:29] | It’s not gonna make it. | 看来是没救了 |
[00:30] | Go see if they’re home. | 看他们在不在家 |
[00:44] | It’s okay. | 不要紧 |
[00:48] | There are two kinds of pain. | 世上有两种苦痛 |
[00:51] | The sort of pain that makes you strong | 一种会让你变得强壮 |
[00:53] | or useless pain, the sort of pain that’s only suffering. | 另一种是无用的痛 只让人煎熬 |
[00:58] | I have no patience for useless things. | 我没耐性应付无用的事物 |
[01:03] | Moments like this require someone who will act. | 这种情况需要果断的人 |
[01:06] | Who will do the unpleasant thing, | 能为他人所不愿为 |
[01:09] | the necessary thing. | 做出必须要做的事 |
[01:16] | There. | 好了 |
[01:18] | No more pain. | 不会痛了 |
[01:21] | It was a hit and run. I’m awfully sorry. | 有人肇事逃逸 我真的感到很抱歉 |
[01:24] | He must’ve jumped over the fence again. | 它一定又越过护栏 |
[01:26] | Look, Steve is gonna file a report on the car. He’ll put his people on it. | 听着,史提夫会去报案 他会派人去追查 |
[01:30] | We’ll track them down. | 一定会把他们揪出来 |
[01:52] | Stunning. | 好美 |
[01:54] | Shall we? | 出发吧? |
[01:57] | Happy New Year! | 新年快乐! |
[02:07] | President-elect Garrett Walker. | 总统当选人葛瑞沃克 |
[02:08] | Do I like him? No. | 我喜欢他吗?不喜欢 |
[02:10] | Do I believe in him? That’s beside the point. | 信任他吗?这不是重点 |
[02:12] | Any politician that gets 70 million votes | 任何能赢得七千万选票的政客 |
[02:14] | has tapped into something larger than himself, | 拥有的权势大过于他本人 |
[02:16] | Iarger than even me, as much as I hate to admit it. | 也大过于我,就算我不想承认 |
[02:19] | Look at that winning smile, those trusting eyes. | 看看那胜者的微笑 那充满信任的眼神 |
[02:22] | I latched onto him early on and made myselfvital. | 我早些时候就跟他搭上线 成为他的得力助手 |
[02:24] | After 22 years in Congress, I can smell which way the wind is blowing. | 在国会混了22年 我早摸清了局势 |
[02:29] | Jim Matthews, his Right Honorable Vice President. | 吉姆马修 他那刚正不阿的副总统 |
[02:32] | Former governor of Pennsylvania. | 前宾州州长 |
[02:34] | He did his duty in delivering the Keystone State, bless his heart. | 他很称职地拉拢了宾州的选民 愿神眷顾他 |
[02:37] | Now they’re about to put him out to pasture. | 他们这会却打算扔下他 |
[02:39] | But he looks happy enough, doesn’t he? | 但他看来还真快乐,不是吗? |
[02:42] | For some, it’s simply the size of the chair. | 对某些人来说 位子的大小才是最重要的 |
[02:47] | Linda Vasquez, Walker’s chief of staff. I got her hired. | 琳达瓦克斯,沃克的参谋 是我帮她谋得职位 |
[02:51] | She’s a woman, check. And a Latina, check. But more important than that, | 她是拉丁裔女人 但最重要的是 |
[02:55] | she’s as tough as a two-dollar steak. Check, check, check. | 她够强悍,符合所有的条件 |
[02:59] | When it comes to the White House, you not only need the keys in your back-pocket, | 想要入白宫 靠的可不只是大门钥匙 |
[03:02] | you need the gatekeeper. | 还得找个看门人 |
[03:04] | As for me, I’m just the lowly House Majority Whip. | 至于我,我只不过是个小小的 众议院多数党党鞭 |
[03:07] | I keep things moving in a Congress choked by pettiness and lassitude. | 我负责在党间斗争的国会中 推动议案 |
[03:11] | My job is to clear the pipes and keep the sludge moving. | 我的工作就是让管道通畅 |
[03:14] | But I won’t have to be a plumber much longer. | 但我很快就不用通水管了 |
[03:16] | I’ve done my time. I’ve backed the right man. | 我熬出头了,跟对了老大 |
[03:21] | Give and take. | 有舍就有得 |
[03:23] | Welcome to Washington. | 欢迎来到华府 |
[05:03] | You need a haircut. | 你该去理发了 |
[05:05] | You think? | 是吗? |
[05:07] | A little trim. | 稍微修一下 |
[05:10] | What are you going to wear? | 你到时要穿什么? |
[05:12] | -You mean for the meeting? -For the announcement. | – 你是指会议吗? – 宣布时 |
[05:14] | I’ll wear my navy blue, the one with the pinstripes. | 我打算穿深蓝色条纹那套 |
[05:17] | Good. You look handsome in that suit. | 很好,你穿那套西装很帅气 |
[05:21] | I don’t know if they’ll announce before your board meeting. | 我不清楚他们会不会 在你的董事会开始前宣布 |
[05:24] | As long as I can say the donation is coming. | 只要献金不会停止就好 |
[05:26] | Soon as it’s official, SanCorp will write you a check. | 只要正式宣布 善可工业就会开支票给你 |
[05:33] | This is going to be a big year for us. | 今年对我们将是重要的一年 |
[05:55] | -I wanna start with something here. -That’s why I’m here. | – 我想要从这里开始 – 所以我才在这 |
[05:58] | Really? What? | 真的?什么呢? |
[05:59] | I’d say immigration, banking or education. | 我想应该与移民 银行或教育相关吧 |
[06:02] | But none of my regular sources can confirm that. | 但我以往的线民都没法确认消息 |
[06:04] | Because they don’t know, or because they’re not talking? | 是因为不知道 还是他们不肯透露? |
[06:07] | Because they don’t know. | 因为他们不知道 |
[06:08] | Keep at it. Get me something. | 继续跟,总得挖出些什么 |
[06:12] | Sorry. Sorry, Mr. Hammerschmidt. Zoe. | 抱歉,翰默史密先生 我是乔伊 |
[06:17] | -Barnes. -Right. | – 邦斯 – 没错 |
[06:22] | Did it take him a year to remember your name? | 他是否花了一年才记住你的名字? |
[06:24] | Longer. | 更长 |
[06:25] | Good morning, Lucas. | 早安,卢卡斯 |
[06:27] | What can I do for you, Zoe? | 有何贵干,乔伊? |
[06:31] | I am sick of the Fairfax County Council. | 我真是受够了费郡的郡议会 |
[06:33] | You tell me every day. | 你天天这么说 |
[06:34] | Move me online. | 让我上线吧 |
[06:36] | My own blog. | 我自己的部落格 |
[06:37] | First person. Subjective. 500 words. | 第一人称、主观性、五百字 |
[06:39] | -Not gonna happen. -I’ll go underground. | – 办不到 – 我可以移居幕后 |
[06:41] | Back rooms, the urinals. | 在后面的小房间里,厕所里 |
[06:43] | I’ll win over staff members on the Hill. | 让我去说服国会的人 |
[06:45] | -They need a place to vent. -A gossip column. | – 他们都需要地方发泄 – 八卦专栏 |
[06:47] | No. We lift the veil. | 不,我们掀开面纱 |
[06:48] | What’s really going on. | 揭发事实 |
[06:50] | This is The Washington Herald, Zoe, it’s not TMZ. | 我们可是《华府先躯报》 乔伊,不是壹电视 |
[06:53] | -Do you know how many people watch TMZ? -I couldn’t care less. | – 你知道有多少人看壹电视吗? – 我才不在乎 |
[06:55] | Which is why print journalism is dying. | 正因此传统报纸才快混不下去 |
[06:57] | Then it’ll die with dignity. At least at this paper. | 要死也要死得有尊严 至少这家报社是如此 |
[07:00] | You’re stuck in the 20th century, Lucas. You lack imagination. | 你还卡在上个世纪,卢卡斯 你缺乏想像力 |
[07:03] | Maybe so, but right now, I don’t need imagination, I need copy. | 或许吧,但我现在不需要想像力 我需要的是销售量 |
[07:07] | Your nights and weekends are yours. | 晚上与周末是你的自由 |
[07:08] | I applaud whatever you want to do, | 我很支持你想做的 |
[07:10] | as long as it’s not on my time. | 只要不是在上班时间 |
[07:11] | -You’re telling me to get back to work. -I am. | – 你是要我回去工作 – 我是 |
[07:14] | What you’re really telling me is to fuck off. | 其实是要我别再烦你 |
[07:16] | I’m telling you both. | 两者都是 |
[07:21] | It’s Mr. Chapman, already, from Province Trust. | 是普伦斯基金会的查普曼先生 |
[07:31] | Hold my calls, Christina. | 帮我挡电话,克里丝汀娜 |
[07:35] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[07:37] | It’s good to see you. | 你好 |
[07:38] | -How long are you in town for? -Just today. | – 这次待多久? – 就今天 |
[07:40] | You gotta come back down for the inauguration. | 就职典礼时你一定要来 |
[07:43] | I can hook you up. | 我能让你入场 |
[07:44] | How about you hook me up with the zoning laws | 不如在区划法给我行个方便 |
[07:45] | you promised to get changed? | 你答应要改的? |
[07:47] | We’ve got 12 million sitting in escrow for an empty lot we can’t build on. | 我们有一千两百万托管 一块没法破土的空地 |
[07:50] | I know. But you gotta understand, it’s a local municipal issue. | 我明白,但你得知道 这是市政府的问题 |
[07:54] | -I can’t just pick up the phone… -You can’t? | – 我可没法拿起电话… – 不能吗? |
[07:56] | Because that’s not what you led us to believe when you begged for 50 grand in donations. | 因为你跟我们要五万献金时 可不是这么说的 |
[08:00] | Right. | 没错 |
[08:02] | One sec. | 等等 |
[08:04] | Christina, I said no calls. Not while I’m meeting with Mr. Chapman. | 克里丝汀娜,我说过别接进来 别打扰我与查普曼先生 |
[08:09] | The President-elect? | 总统当选人? |
[08:13] | Do you mind? | 不好意思 |
[08:14] | No, go ahead, please. | 不,请接 |
[08:16] | Put him through, Christina. | 接进来,克里丝汀娜 |
[08:22] | Mr. President-elect. | 总统当选人先生 |
[08:26] | Thank you. Yes, we were… We were pleased to win by double digits. | 谢谢,没错,我们… 很高兴以双位数领先获选 |
[08:32] | Absolutely, anything you need. | 当然,只要您有需要 |
[08:34] | I need you to put your long, wet, talented tongue between my thighs | 我需要你将你那三寸不烂之舌 伸入我大腿中间 |
[08:39] | and make me squeal like Monica… | 让我像莫妮卡一样呻吟… |
[08:43] | Me too, me too. | 我也是 |
[08:46] | Okay. Thank you, sir. | 好的,谢谢您 |
[08:50] | I’m so sorry. Where were we? | 抱歉,刚说到哪? |
[08:55] | Walker, what’s he like? | 沃克,这人怎样? |
[09:11] | Is the President-elect running late? | 总统当选人迟到了吗? |
[09:13] | No. He couldn’t make it. I’ll brief him, though. | 他无法赶到 我会再向他汇报的 |
[09:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:18] | This is the memo I drafted | 这是我写的公文 |
[09:20] | on our Middle East policy we’ve been developing. | 我们正在构思的中东政策 |
[09:22] | Now, I wanna borrow from Reagan, | 我想要引用雷根 |
[09:23] | I’d like to coin the phrase “trickle-down diplomacy.” | 发明一个新词“滴流外交” |
[09:26] | -That way… -Frank, I’m going to stop you there. | – 这么一来… – 法兰,容我先打个岔 |
[09:29] | We’re not nominating you for Secretary of State. | 我们并未打算提名你 出任国务卿 |
[09:32] | I know he made you a promise, but circumstances have changed. | 我知道他承诺过你 但现在情势有所变化 |
[09:36] | The nature of promises, Linda, | 琳达,所谓承诺 |
[09:37] | is that they remain immune to changing circumstances. | 就表示不受情势变化所影响 |
[09:40] | Garrett has thought long and hard about this, | 葛瑞斟酌了很久 |
[09:43] | and he’s decided we need you to stay in Congress. | 他认为我们比较需要你身处国会 |
[09:47] | When was this decision made? | 什么时候下的决定? |
[09:49] | And why wasn’t I part of a conversation? | 为何完全没有经过我? |
[09:50] | I’m sorry, Frank. If it had been up to me, | 抱歉,我若作得了主 |
[09:52] | I wouldn’t have waited this long to tell you. | 就不会等到现在才告诉你 |
[09:54] | So you knew you were going to do this. | 所以老早就打算这么做 |
[09:56] | It has been an evolving discussion. | 一直都有在谈 |
[09:59] | It’s a chicken-shit move. | 这是个没胆的决定 |
[10:01] | -Frank… -I was vetted. | – 法兰… – 我受过审查 |
[10:03] | -Was that a ruse? -No. | – 也是做样子? – 不 |
[10:04] | Let’s be absolutely clear. | 听清楚了 |
[10:05] | You wouldn’t have won without me. | 少了我根本不可能胜选 |
[10:07] | You’re right. But now we have to lead, and that means making tough choices. | 没错,但我们必须要领导 这代表要做些困难的决定 |
[10:12] | As you know, education is a top priority for us. | 你也知道 教育这块对我们来说是首要 |
[10:15] | A complete federal overhaul. | 整体的大改革 |
[10:16] | But it’s not just education, Frank. Congress is split. | 不只是教育,法兰 国会分裂得很厉害 |
[10:19] | We need you there more than we need you in the State Department. | 你在那的重要性比在国务院高 |
[10:24] | I got you hired, Linda. | 你当初可是我雇用的,琳达 |
[10:27] | -I know. -Donations, endorsements. | – 我知道 – 献金、背书 |
[10:29] | I wrote the campaign’s entire foreign policy platform. | 整个竞选的外交政策都是我写的 |
[10:33] | I bring years of foreign affairs committee… | 多年外交委员会的经验… |
[10:35] | Frank, please. | 法兰,拜托你 |
[10:40] | I wanna speak to Walker personally. | 我要亲自跟沃克谈 |
[10:43] | The decision is made. | 这已成定案了 |
[10:49] | We need you, Frank. | 我们需要你,法兰 |
[10:51] | Will you stand beside us or not? | 你愿不愿意跟我们同一阵线? |
[11:03] | Of course. If that’s what the President wants. | 当然,若这是总统的意思 |
[11:06] | I’m very glad to hear that. | 很高兴听到你这么说 |
[11:10] | I’m curious. If not me, then who? | 我很好奇,不是我是谁? |
[11:16] | Michael Kern. | 麦克凯恩 |
[11:17] | Michael Kern. | 麦克凯恩 |
[11:20] | Well, that is an excellent choice. | 是个很好的人选 |
[11:29] | Can we make it more clear? | 能再清楚一点吗? |
[11:30] | I just want to make sure it doesn’t look like we’re neglecting our domestic… | 我只是要确定不会让人觉得 我们忽略了国内的… |
[11:33] | No. No, no, no. I’m gonna say that we’re expanding our mission. | 不,我的意思是 我们在扩大任务范围 |
[11:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:38] | And we’re bringing on a new organization to help us. | 我们打算请另一个组织 来协助我们 |
[11:41] | -Do you know which one yet? -I’m still looking into a few options, but… | – 知道要找哪一个了吗? – 还有几个要看的,但是… |
[11:45] | Tell me, what did we agree on, that we could hire how many new people? | 告诉我,我们的协议是什么 可以聘请多少人? |
[11:48] | -Six? -Six, maybe seven. | – 六名吗? – 六、七名吧 |
[11:50] | We’ll have enough. | 够啦 |
[11:52] | It’s exciting. | 真令人兴奋 |
[11:54] | This new direction we’re heading. | 我们的新方向 |
[11:57] | I just don’t know where we’re going to fit all the people. | 只是不知道这么多人要塞哪里 |
[12:00] | Do you think we have to look into additional space? | 是否该扩展空间? |
[12:01] | No, no, no, no. I’ll find a way. | 不,我来想法子 |
[12:03] | Okay, so make the changes to the PowerPoint | 好吧,记得修改报表 |
[12:05] | and let’s meet again at 2:30. | 我们2点半再开一次会 |
[12:07] | Okay. | 好 |
[12:19] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[12:21] | I feel like an idiot leaving messages like this. | 这样留言感觉好白痴 |
[12:23] | Call me back. | 回我电话 |
[12:36] | What is it, Zoe? | 怎么了,乔伊? |
[12:40] | I know you’re going to have your hands full at the White House, | 我知道你在忙白宫的事 |
[12:43] | so if you need someone to do research or punch out background… | 若需要帮忙查资料 还是一些幕后工作… |
[12:46] | I think I’ll be fine. | 应该没问题 |
[12:48] | Well, if things get hectic, and you need any help. | 若太忙了,或是需要帮忙 |
[12:50] | So you can blog about rubbing shoulders with the big boys? | 好让你在部落格 写说你跟大人物们共事? |
[12:58] | What did Lucas tell you? | 卢卡斯告诉你什么? |
[12:59] | Look, no offense, Zoe, but I don’t have time to be anyone’s training wheels. | 我无冒犯之意,乔伊 但我没时间带小孩 |
[13:03] | I just thought… | 我只是觉得… |
[13:06] | No, I was actually offering to lend a hand. | 不,我其实是向你伸出援手 |
[13:09] | -That’s it. -Got it. Thanks. | – 没错 – 知道了,谢了 |
[13:52] | -Claire… -You didn’t call. | – 克莱儿… – 你没回我 |
[13:54] | -I was… -You didn’t call me, Francis. | – 我刚才… – 你没回我电话,法兰斯 |
[13:57] | Nine hours. You don’t not call me. | 九个小时,你没打给我 |
[13:59] | Not when it’s this big. | 这么大的事 |
[14:01] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[14:02] | When have we ever avoided each other? | 我们什么时候开始躲避对方了? |
[14:07] | I wanted a solution first. | 我想先找到解决之道 |
[14:09] | -Do you have one? -Not yet. | – 找到了吗? – 还没 |
[14:13] | This affects me too, Francis. | 这也影响到我,法兰斯 |
[14:16] | And it’s not the money I’m upset about. | 我不是为钱的事生气 |
[14:18] | It’s that we do things together. | 我们是共同体 |
[14:21] | When you don’t involve me, we’re in free fall. | 当你将我排除在外 我们就像自由落体 |
[14:23] | I should have called you and I didn’t. | 我应该要打给你的 但是我没有 |
[14:26] | What happened? | 发生什么事了? |
[14:29] | She says they need to keep me in Congress. | 她说他们需要我留在国会 |
[14:31] | Linda said that? | 琳达这么说? |
[14:32] | Walker wasn’t even there. | 沃克根本不在场 |
[14:34] | That’s what really gets me. He didn’t have the courage to look me in the eye… | 这才是我最气的地方 他连正眼看我的勇气都没有… |
[14:37] | I knew you shouldn’t trust that woman. | 就知道那女人不可信 |
[14:38] | I didn’t. I don’t. I don’t trust anyone. | 我没有,我谁都没相信 |
[14:40] | Then how could you not see this coming? | 那你怎么会没料到这招? |
[14:44] | I never thought they were capable. | 我没想到他们有这能耐 |
[14:47] | You don’t usually underestimate people, Francis. | 你通常不会低估人的 法兰斯 |
[14:49] | I know. | 我知道 |
[14:52] | Hubris. Ambition. | 狂妄,野心 |
[14:54] | -You should be angry. -I’m livid. | – 你该生气 – 我气坏了 |
[14:57] | Then where is that? I don’t see it. | 有吗?我怎么没感觉到 |
[14:58] | What do you want me to do? | 你要我怎么做? |
[14:59] | Scream and yell? Throw a tantrum? | 鬼喊鬼叫吗?闹脾气? |
[15:01] | I want more than I’m seeing. You’re better than this, Francis. | 至少比现在激动 你岂止这点能耐,法兰斯 |
[15:03] | Well, I’m sorry, Claire. | 对不起,克莱儿 |
[15:05] | I am sorry. | 对不起 |
[15:07] | No. That I won’t accept. | 不,我不接受 |
[15:09] | -What? -Apologies. | – 什么? – 道歉 |
[15:14] | My husband doesn’t apologize, even to me. | 我丈夫绝不会道歉 对我也不会 |
[17:04] | How long have you been up? | 你起来多久了? |
[17:05] | Hours. | 好几个小时了 |
[17:10] | I know what I have to do. | 我知道该怎么做了 |
[17:12] | Good. | 很好 |
[17:14] | We’ll have a lot of nights like this, | 以后会有很多像这样的夜晚 |
[17:16] | making plans, very little sleep. | 策划,没得睡 |
[17:20] | I expected that. That doesn’t worry me. | 我早料到是这样 这点我不担心 |
[17:34] | I better get to work. | 我该去上班了 |
[17:37] | I laid a suit out for you upstairs. | 我帮你把西装拿出来了 |
[17:40] | The navy blue one. | 深蓝色的那套 |
[17:48] | I love that woman. I love her more than sharks love blood. | 我爱这女人 比鲨鱼嗜血还要爱 |
[17:57] | Why do you think they went with him? | 你觉得为什么选他? |
[17:58] | We’re too good. They can’t afford to lose us in Congress. | 我们太称职了 他们没法让我们离开国会 |
[18:02] | He’s had work done. A chin tuck probably. He definitely dyes his hair. | 他有进场维修 下巴有拉皮吧,一定有染发 |
[18:08] | Do we say anything? | 我们该说什么吗? |
[18:09] | No. God, no. Not unless he brings it up. | 不,千万不要,除非他自己提 |
[18:11] | Nancy? | 南茜? |
[18:14] | -9:25… -Cancel everything. | – 9点25分… – 取消所有行程 |
[18:15] | Stamper, you’re with me. | 史坦普,跟我走 |
[18:18] | Now, look… | 听着… |
[18:21] | They’ve done us a great favor, Doug. | 他们帮了我们大忙,道格 |
[18:23] | We are no longer bound by allegiances. | 我们不再有联盟的束缚 |
[18:26] | We serve no one. | 不为任何人效力 |
[18:28] | We live by one rule and one rule only, | 我们只遵循一个法则 |
[18:30] | never again will we allow ourselves to be put in such a position. | 就是再也不要处于这样的处境 |
[18:34] | Walker and Vasquez. | 沃克与瓦克斯 |
[18:35] | All of them. I hold them all accountable. | 他们所有人,全部都得负责 |
[18:38] | -Retribution? -No. | – 报复? – 不 |
[18:40] | No. It’s more than that. | 不,不只这样 |
[18:44] | Take a step back. | 往后退一步 |
[18:46] | Look at the bigger picture. | 看看全局 |
[18:48] | I think I see what you’re getting at. Kern first? | 我想我明白你的意思了 第一个就是凯恩吗? |
[18:52] | That’s how you devour a whale, Doug. One bite at a time. | 想要吞鲸就得这样,道格 一口口蚕食它 |
[18:56] | Who would you want? For Secretary of State? | 你会选谁出任国务卿? |
[18:58] | Give me a list of choices. And however we do this, | 给我个名单 不管我们采取什么行动 |
[19:01] | we’ll also need a buffer. | 都需要缓冲 |
[19:03] | -You mean an errand boy? -Yes. | – 你是指跑腿小弟? – 对 |
[19:04] | Somebody we control completely. | 一个我们能全然掌控的人 |
[19:08] | -I’ll keep my ear to the ground. -Good. | – 我会留意风声的 – 很好 |
[19:11] | I haven’t eaten since yesterday. | 我从昨天起就没吃 |
[19:33] | I almost pity him. | 我几乎觉得他很可怜 |
[19:34] | He didn’t choose to be put on my platter. | 他不是自愿被牺牲 |
[19:36] | When I carve him up and toss him to the dogs, | 当我让他尸骨无存拿去喂狗 |
[19:39] | only then will he confront that brutal, inescapable truth. | 他到时才无法逃避现实 |
[19:43] | “My God, all I ever amounted to was chitlins.” | “天啊,原来我从头到尾 都被当厨余” |
[19:48] | “And he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.” | “自我降卑者必将高举” |
[19:55] | Matthew 23:1 2. | 马太福音23章12节 |
[20:00] | Thanks be to God. | 感谢主 |
[20:00] | Thanks be to God. | 感谢主 |
[20:03] | I’d like to speak today on the subject of humility. | 我今天要讲的是谦卑 |
[20:09] | A lot ofyou have just won re-election. | 你们当中许多人刚连任 |
[20:11] | Ifyou hadn’t, you might not be sitting here. | 若没有就不会坐在这 |
[20:15] | And of course, we should enjoy our success, and be grateful for it. | 我们当然应该享受成功 心怀感恩 |
[20:20] | But never let your gratitude sour into pride. | 但千万别让感恩变质成骄傲 |
[20:26] | You’ll have many challenges ahead over the next couple of years. | 在未来几年 你们将面临各种挑战 |
[20:29] | And a person’s character isn’t determined by how he or she enjoys victory, | 一个人的人格无法取决于 他如何享受胜利 |
[20:35] | but rather how he or she endures defeat. | 而是在于他如何承受失败 |
[20:40] | Nothing can help us endure dark times better than our faith. | 信仰是抵挡黑暗时期的最佳武器 |
[20:47] | -Claire. -Hello, Felicity. | – 克莱儿 – 你好,费莉丝 |
[20:50] | -How are you? -Good. How are you? | – 你好吗? – 很好,你呢? |
[20:52] | Good. I’m sorry about that. It’s just not right. | 很好,那件事真抱歉 这样真的很不对 |
[20:56] | Charles and I can’t understand what Walker was thinking. | 查理斯和我都搞不懂 沃克在想什么 |
[20:58] | That’s very sweet of you, but really, between you and me, | 很感谢你 但说真的,我偷偷跟你说 |
[21:01] | I think Francis is relieved. | 我觉得法兰斯反而松了口气 |
[21:04] | He just feels much more at home in Congress. | 他其实比较习惯在国会 |
[21:07] | I would’ve bet a million dollars they were going to pick you. | 我本来还想赌一百万 他们一定选你 |
[21:09] | Well, it’s a good thing you have a million dollars to spare. | 还好你有一百万身家可以输 |
[21:13] | But you are by far and away the only choice. | 但你根本是不二人选 |
[21:15] | I appreciate you saying that. | 我很感谢你这么想 |
[21:17] | I mean, Michael? Come on. | 麦克?拜托 |
[21:18] | -He’s got half the experience you do… -Garrett is a smart man. | – 他的资历还不及你一半… – 葛瑞是个聪明人 |
[21:21] | He knows what he’s doing. | 他知道自己在做什么 |
[21:23] | You’re a bigger man than l, Frank. | 你的气量比我大多了,法兰 |
[21:56] | You want some of that wine? | 你要喝点酒吗? |
[22:00] | Yes, definitely. | 当然要 |
[22:09] | Man, this is some good shit. Where did you get it? | 这可是好酒,你哪弄来的? |
[22:12] | I kind of lifted it from the VlP room ofthe Speakers’ holiday party. | 我从发言人派对的贵宾室摸来的 |
[22:17] | I’m impressed. Bordeaux, 20 years old. | 真令人佩服 20年的波多尔红酒 |
[22:22] | It seemed about right for you. | 配你刚好 |
[22:24] | Why would you say that to me? | 为什么这么说? |
[22:26] | I’m almost 30. That’s practically ancient in your book. | 我快30了 这对你来说几乎是古人 |
[22:28] | -I don’t discriminate when it comes to age. -Really? | – 我才没有年龄歧视 – 是吗? |
[22:30] | When’s the last time you hired a 40-year-old staffer? | 你上次雇用年过40的人是何时? |
[22:33] | Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t. | 这不代表我不会 |
[22:34] | As long as she’s good in the sack. | 只要她床上功夫够厉害 |
[22:36] | -Come on. -Well, it’s true, isn’t it? | – 别这样 – 不是吗? |
[22:39] | Where’s this coming from? | 为什么要这样? |
[22:43] | You’re not gonna just toss me aside for some slut straight out ofVassar? | 你不会为了瓦萨毕业的小骚货 就甩了我吗? |
[22:48] | So we’re having that conversation. | 所以你是要谈这个 |
[22:50] | It’s been six months. It’s not a little office fling anymore. | 已经半年了 这可不是随便玩玩而已 |
[22:53] | You want me to say those three magic words. | 你想要逼我讲出那几个字 |
[22:56] | One of which starts with an L. | 其中一个是爱 |
[22:58] | Okay, I’ll say ’em. | 好吧,我说就是了 |
[23:02] | Christina Gallagher, | 克里丝汀娜葛兰格 |
[23:06] | Iick my balls. | 爱死我的鸟蛋 |
[23:07] | Oh, my… You’re a bastard. | 天啊…你这混蛋 |
[23:09] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[23:12] | I love you, Christina. | 我爱你,克里丝汀娜 |
[23:15] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[23:24] | Now will you lick my balls? | 现在愿意给鸟蛋们一些爱吗? |
[23:38] | So I’m curious. Are we patrons, benefactors or lepers? | 我很好奇我们究竟是赞助人 捐助人还是麻疯病人? |
[23:43] | Believe it or not, we’re angels. | 信不信由你,我们是天使 |
[23:52] | I’m gonna go outside and pretend to use my cell phone. | 我去外面假装讲手机 |
[23:54] | Go. | 去吧 |
[24:05] | -Can I have your jacket? -Yeah. | – 可以借你的外套吗? – 可以 |
[24:07] | Okay. | 好 |
[24:49] | Are you coming to bed? | 你要上床了吗? |
[24:51] | I’ll be up in a bit. | 我再待一下 |
[24:53] | -Don’t stay up all night. -No, I’ll be right there. | – 别熬夜了 – 好,我马上就过去 |
[25:05] | Thanks so much. I’ll call you. | 谢谢你,我会再打给你的 |
[25:08] | Wait. I thought you had a good time. | 等等,我还以为今晚很愉快 |
[25:12] | I did. I loved it. I’ve never been before. | 是啊,我很喜欢 我从来没去过那里 |
[25:15] | Well, maybe I could come up. | 或许我该上来坐坐 |
[25:19] | Brian, you’re so sweet. Really. | 布莱恩,你人真的很好 |
[25:23] | But if I was going to fuck you, you’d know. | 但若我想跟你上床 你不可能不知道的 |
[25:26] | Thanks so much. | 真的很谢谢你 |
[27:00] | -She’s here. -Send her in. | – 她来了 – 让她进来 |
[27:01] | It’s quite rare for a president’s chief of staff to climb the Hill. | 总统参谋来国会倒是挺少见的 |
[27:05] | A gesture of respect, no doubt, or desperation. | 可能是来拜码头 不然就是走投无路 |
[27:08] | I’m guessing she’ll say Donald Blythe for Education. | 我猜她会推唐纳布莱斯 出任教育部长 |
[27:13] | Let’s see if I’m right. | 来看我是否猜对了 |
[27:17] | Good morning, Linda. | 早安,琳达 |
[27:19] | Thank you so much for making the trip up. | 很感谢你亲自跑来 |
[27:20] | Of course. My pleasure. | 当然,我很乐意 |
[27:22] | Education? | 教育? |
[27:24] | First things first. | 首先 |
[27:25] | The seating chart for the inauguration. | 这是就职典礼的座席图 |
[27:28] | How do these two work for you and Claire? | 你与克莱儿坐这可以吗? |
[27:30] | Wow. | 哇 |
[27:31] | They come with a complimentary set of tickets to the Jefferson Ball. | 还包括两张杰弗逊晚宴的入场券 |
[27:34] | Claire will be over the moon. | 克莱儿一定会乐翻天 |
[27:35] | Good, I’m so glad. | 很好,我很高兴 |
[27:38] | So, education. | 再来,教育部 |
[27:41] | We have Donald Blythe drafting the legislation. | 我们请唐纳布莱斯草拟提案 |
[27:43] | -Donald Blythe? Jesus. -I know. | – 唐纳布莱斯?老天 – 我知道 |
[27:46] | So you want a bill just two steps left of Karl Marx? | 所以你们打算推出共产提案? |
[27:50] | I advised the President-elect against it, but Donald is the face of education. | 我建议总统当选人别支持 但唐纳是教育的招牌 |
[27:54] | He’s been pushing reform for 25 years. | 他推改革已经25年了 |
[27:56] | You want me to guide him to the middle. | 你要我将他拉回中间? |
[27:58] | We need a bill we can pass. | 我们需要一个能通过的提案 |
[28:00] | Do I have absolute autonomy and authority on this? | 我是否能全权处理? |
[28:03] | There’s more. | 还有一件事 |
[28:06] | Garrett wants the bill on the floor in the first 100 days. | 葛瑞希望提案 在他上任百日内就能决议 |
[28:09] | He wants to make a pledge in his inaugural address. | 他希望能在就职时做出承诺 |
[28:13] | That’s… | 那… |
[28:16] | That’s very ambitious, Linda. | 很有野心,琳达 |
[28:18] | Can we make that pledge? | 办得到吗? |
[28:22] | A hundred days? | 百日内? |
[28:26] | I can deliver. | 我可以 |
[28:32] | Keep me posted. | 有消息通知我 |
[28:33] | I’ll talk with Donald. I’ll check in with you later in the week. | 我去跟唐纳谈 下礼拜跟你连络 |
[28:35] | Terrific. | 太好了 |
[28:36] | Did you smell that? | 闻到了吗? |
[28:38] | The smugness? The false deference? | 装模作样?虚假的味道? |
[28:40] | She thinks I can be bought with a pair of tickets. What am l? | 她以为两张入场券就能收买我 当我是谁啊? |
[28:43] | A whore in post-war Berlin salivating over free stockings and chocolate? | 二战后身处柏林的妓女 看着丝袜与巧克力流口水吗? |
[28:48] | What she’s asking will cost far more than that. | 她所要求的代价可不只这些 |
[28:53] | -Ferguson? -Too old. | – 弗格森? – 太老 |
[28:56] | -Willis? -Too stupid. | – 威利? – 太蠢 |
[28:59] | -Boyd? -Too queer. | – 波伊? – 太娘 |
[29:02] | Really? | 真的? |
[29:05] | He’s married with three kids. | 他已婚还有三个孩子 |
[29:06] | -And wouldn’t they be devastated. -All right. | – 要让他们知道还得了 – 好吧 |
[29:09] | What about Catherine Durant? | 那凯萨琳杜伦呢? |
[29:12] | Cathy Durant. She was vocally anti-Walker. | 凯西杜伦,她公然反对沃克 |
[29:16] | She’s got the experience. | 经验也够 |
[29:19] | Set up a meeting. | 跟她约个时间吧 |
[29:24] | Hey. | 你好 |
[29:28] | The donation from SanCorp? | 善可的献金呢? |
[29:30] | The money will have to come from somewhere else. | 我们得另觅金主 |
[29:33] | What happened? | 发生什么事? |
[29:35] | I’ve looked over the budget for fiscal ’13 | 我重看了一下2013年的预算 |
[29:37] | and we’ve allocated $1.6 million for salaries. | 当中有160万是薪资支出 |
[29:40] | We need to cut that in half. | 这数字需要减半 |
[29:43] | -You’re suggesting… -Evelyn, we’re going to let some people go. | – 你的意思是… – 艾薇琳,我们得解雇一些人 |
[29:47] | That would be half of our staff. | 这可会裁掉一半的人员 |
[29:48] | We have to carve out some room. | 我们必须腾出些资金 |
[29:51] | You would have to fire some essential people who have been with us since the beginning. | 你这样会解雇许多 一开始就跟着我们的人 |
[29:55] | We are a charity, but not for our employees. | 我们是慈善机构 但不是针对我们的员工 |
[29:59] | You know, Claire, I’ve held my tongue about this whole international thing for a while, | 克莱儿,对于国际化这件事 我一直都不愿说什么 |
[30:04] | but I don’t get it. | 但我真的不懂 |
[30:05] | We are really good at what we do. | 我们经营得很成功 |
[30:07] | Why do we have to try and be something we’re not? | 为什么非要强迫自己转型呢? |
[30:10] | Because we’ve plateaued, Evelyn. | 因为我们遇到瓶颈,艾薇琳 |
[30:11] | And it is time for us, for our entire organization… | 我们这整个组织都应该… |
[30:14] | But digging wells in Africa? We don’t know anything about that. | 但是去非洲挖井? 我们根本不了解这块 |
[30:17] | Which is why we have to bring in new people. | 所以才需要新血 |
[30:22] | This is the plan that I’ve proposed to the board and we are moving forward with it. | 我已经向董事会这么建议 我们将会朝这个方向走 |
[30:27] | I’d like a list of names, please. | 请列张名单给我 |
[30:31] | Claire, can we just think about this? | 克莱儿,要不要再考虑一下? |
[30:33] | I have thought about it. I’ve put a lot of thought into it. | 我已经深思熟虑过了 |
[30:37] | -But I think… -Evelyn, you’re the office manager. | – 但我认为… – 艾薇琳,你身为行政主管 |
[30:40] | I need you to trust that I know what I’m doing. | 我需要你信任我 |
[30:43] | So please get me that list as soon as possible. | 请尽快将名单给我 |
[30:57] | -Ma’am. You can’t go up. -I’m sorry. | – 女士,你不能上去 – 抱歉 |
[30:58] | -I just have one question. -No. No. | – 我就问一个问题 – 不行 |
[31:00] | -Sir, I apologize, this woman… -Congressman. | – 很抱歉,这女人… – 议员 |
[31:02] | -Miss, you need to step away from the door. -lf I could just have one second. | – 小姐,麻烦你退后 – 我只需要一分钟 |
[31:07] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[31:08] | My name is Zoe Barnes. I’m a reporter at the Washington Herald. | 我叫乔伊邦斯 是《华府先躯报》的记者 |
[31:13] | It is after 10:30 at night and this is my home. | 现在已经过晚上10点半 这里是我家 |
[31:16] | -I do not allow… -We’re part of a mutual admiration society. | – 我不允许… – 我们都喜欢攀高附贵 |
[31:24] | You’re a fan of the symphony. | 你也爱听交响乐 |
[31:26] | More for the people-watching than the music. | 我比较喜欢观察人 |
[31:31] | It’s all right, Steve. Come on in, Ms. Barnes. | 不要紧,史提夫 进来吧,邦斯小姐 |
[31:49] | It’s strong. | 很烈 |
[31:51] | You’d prefer it weak? | 你喜欢喝淡一点吗? |
[31:52] | No, the stronger the better. | 不,越烈越好 |
[31:58] | There’s no harm in looking. | 看一眼又不会少块肉 |
[32:00] | That’s a cheap ploy. | 这是很不入流的把戏 |
[32:02] | It’s cheap but effective. | 虽不入流确很有效 |
[32:06] | Well, you certainly have my undivided attention. | 你确实是引起我的注意了 |
[32:08] | Good, the reason I’m here… | 很好,我之所以登门拜访… |
[32:11] | Is foreplay over? | 前戏结束了吗? |
[32:13] | I read somewhere that JFK never lasted more than three minutes. | 我好像在哪读过 甘乃迪撑不过三分钟 |
[32:17] | The point being? | 重点是? |
[32:19] | Time is precious. | 时间宝贵 |
[32:20] | Powerful people don’t have the luxury of foreplay. | 有权势的人没时间搞前戏 |
[32:22] | Okay. So why are you here, Ms. Barnes? | 好吧,有何贵干,邦斯小姐? |
[32:26] | I need somebody I can talk to. | 我需要找个人聊聊 |
[32:28] | We’re talking. Tell me what we’re talking about. | 我们不就在聊 是要聊什么呢? |
[32:33] | I protect your identity, I print whatever you tell me. | 你的身份保密 你说什么我就登什么 |
[32:35] | And I’ll never ask any questions. | 我绝不多问 |
[32:37] | And what makes you think I don’t already have such an arrangement | 你凭什么认为 我没跟你的其他同事 |
[32:40] | with one of your colleagues? | 达成同样协议? |
[32:41] | Because if you did, you wouldn’t have let me through the door. | 若有的话 你就不会放我进来了 |
[32:45] | I’ve led a very long, very successful career avoiding this sort of intrigue with the press. | 在我漫长成功的生涯中 一直避免跟媒体有这种暧昧关系 |
[32:50] | I can’t see any advantage in starting now. | 现在好像也没什么好处 |
[32:52] | But is there any disadvantage? | 但有什么坏处吗? |
[32:54] | Sloppiness, for one. | 首先,拖泥带水 |
[32:55] | I promise you absolute discretion. | 我保证会全然保密 |
[32:57] | So we’re talking about trust. | 那我们就是在谈信任了 |
[33:00] | Use whatever word you like. | 随便你想用什么措辞 |
[33:02] | Words matter very much, Ms. Barnes. | 措辞可是很重要的,邦斯小姐 |
[33:04] | You should care more about them, given your profession. | 就以你的职业来说 更应该注重这点 |
[33:07] | Then yes, your trust. | 没错,你的信任 |
[33:11] | So which Zoe Barnes am I to trust? | 那我究竟该相信 哪一个乔伊邦斯? |
[33:13] | The one who wrote about the fireman that married the meter maid? | 是报导消防员 娶了开单女员警的那个? |
[33:17] | Or the one who authored a very fine article on a new jogging path in Rock Creek Park. | 还是洋洋洒洒写了 石溪公园跑步道报导的那个? |
[33:22] | Don’t be flattered. I read everything. | 别得意了,我什么都读 |
[33:24] | I’m better than what they have me doing. | 他们对我可是大材小用 |
[33:29] | -You know what that feels like. -Do l? | – 你明白那种感受 – 是吗? |
[33:32] | You would have made a great Secretary of State. | 你本来可以是个杰出的国务卿 |
[33:39] | How exactly may I help you, Ms. Barnes? | 我究竟能怎么帮你,邦斯小姐? |
[33:43] | You must know the administration’s legislative agenda. | 你一定知道总统府的立法议程 |
[33:46] | -What’s coming up first. -I may. | – 要先推什么 – 或许 |
[33:49] | Will you tell me? | 能告诉我吗? |
[33:50] | What would be your guess? | 你认为是什么? |
[33:55] | -Education. -Why? | – 教育 – 为什么? |
[33:57] | Immigration is too controversial. Tax-reform isn’t sexy enough. | 移民法太具争议 税法改革不够引人注目 |
[34:02] | Everyone can get behind children. | 所有人都会挺小孩子 |
[34:06] | Is it education? | 是教育吗? |
[34:07] | You might very well think that. I couldn’t possibly comment. | 你是可以这么想 我不予置评 |
[34:11] | A hint. | 给个提示吧 |
[34:12] | -It’s late, Ms. Barnes. -Can we talk again? | – 很晚了,邦斯小姐 – 可以再跟你聊吗? |
[34:15] | I hope you’ll understand that I want to sleep on all this. | 我希望你能体谅 我需要睡一觉明天再说 |
[34:18] | I never make such big decisions so long after sunset and so far from dawn. | 我从不在大半夜做重大决定 |
[34:28] | My cell phone’s on the back. | 后面有我手机号码 |
[34:31] | Did you put Ms. Barnes in the visitors’ ledger? | 你有将邦斯小姐 纳入访客名单吗? |
[34:33] | -Not yet. -Don’t. | – 还没 – 不要 |
[34:34] | -Needless to say. -Needless. | – 不用多说 – 不用多说 |
[34:36] | Hello. | 你好 |
[34:38] | Claire, this is Ms. Zoe Barnes, of the Washington Herald. | 克莱儿,这位是 《华府先躯报》的邦斯小姐 |
[34:41] | She was just leaving. | 她正要走了 |
[34:43] | Very nice to meet you, Mrs. Underwood. | 幸会,安德沃夫人 |
[34:47] | Drive safe. There’s a lot of ice on the road. | 小心开车,路上都结冰了 |
[34:52] | I will. Thank you. | 我会的,谢谢你 |
[34:57] | -Does that work on anybody? -Does what? | – 那招对谁都有用吗? – 哪招? |
[35:00] | The push-up bra and the V-neck tee? | 集中托高胸罩配V领上衣? |
[35:03] | Well, if it does, I don’t know who they are. | 我可不知道对谁管用 |
[35:12] | Okay. Relax, relax. | 好,放轻松 |
[35:24] | -License and registration. -The glove compartment, sweetheart. | – 驾照与汽车登记证 – 在置物箱里,甜心 |
[35:31] | This isn’t your driver’s license. It’s a Starbucks card. | 这不是你的驾照 是星巴克的储值卡 |
[35:33] | Oh, shit. Sorry. | 该死,抱歉 |
[35:35] | Sir, have you been drinking? | 先生,你有饮酒吗? |
[35:36] | No, I never drink coffee at this hour. | 没有,我这时候从不喝咖啡 |
[35:40] | I’m going to need you to step out of the car. | 请你下车 |
[35:42] | -lf I was speeding, you can write me a ticket… -Sir, step out of the car right now. | – 我若超速你可以开我单… – 先生,请马上下车 |
[35:51] | Look, I don’t want to be a prick, but I’m a member of Congress. | 我不想要显官威 但我可是国会成员 |
[35:54] | I don’t care if you’re the King of China. | 你就算是中国国王我也不管 |
[35:57] | China doesn’t have a king. | 中国没有国王 |
[35:59] | It’s a communist ogliwarchy… | 中国是共产制度… |
[36:03] | Let’s go. Out. You too, sweetie. | 快下车,你也是,甜心 |
[36:05] | Fuck, that is hard to say. | 该死,这字真难念 |
[36:23] | Hello? | 喂? |
[36:27] | Good. Well, let’s get him out. | 好,保他出来 |
[37:02] | Mind if I join you? | 介意我加入吗? |
[37:04] | What the fuck is going on? | 现在是怎样? |
[37:06] | -I thought I was meeting… -No. You’re meeting me. | – 我以为跟我会面的是… – 是我 |
[37:09] | It’s 4:00 in the goddamn morning. I’ve got a city council meeting in… | 现在凌晨4点耶 我的市政会会议… |
[37:13] | You’ve been police commissioner for what, almost a decade now? | 你当警察局长有十年了吧? |
[37:17] | We’re here to talk about my resume? | 我们来这是要聊我的履历? |
[37:19] | Mayor of D.C. would look good on that resume, wouldn’t it? | 履历上加个华府市长 应该会很漂亮吧? |
[37:23] | We know that you’ve been angling to run for some time. | 我们知道你早有意图竞选 |
[37:26] | Experience is your strong suit. | 经验是你的优势 |
[37:29] | Endorsement and fundraising are not. | 但找人背书和募款 不是你的强项 |
[37:32] | We can help with that. | 我们能协助你 |
[37:45] | Russo, you’re free to go. | 鲁索,你可以走了 |
[37:51] | -It was just a few drinks. -It was enough to get pulled over. | – 不过就几杯酒 – 就足以被拦下来 |
[37:53] | I wasn’t drunk-drunk. | 我没有喝醉 |
[37:58] | -Were you alone? -Yes. | – 你一个人? – 对 |
[38:01] | -Say it to my face. -Watch the road. | – 看着我回答 – 看路 |
[38:03] | -Say it to my face! -Yes, I was alone! | – 看着我回答! – 是,我一个人! |
[38:10] | You cannot keep doing this, Peter. It’s going to catch up with you. | 你不能一直这样下去,彼得 夜路走多总会遇到鬼 |
[38:16] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:20] | Do you think we can arrange two more at our table for the Jefferson Ball? | 杰弗逊晚宴 可以再安插两个位子吗? |
[38:24] | -For whom? -The Holburns. | – 给谁? – 霍本夫妇 |
[38:26] | -Why on earth would you want them there? -I’m going to need her money for the CWl. | – 你怎么会要他们出席? – 净水创权需要她的献金 |
[38:30] | The staff cuts are just not enough. | 光是裁员还不够 |
[38:32] | I’ll talk to Vasquez. | 我去跟瓦克斯谈 |
[38:33] | -How’re we doing? -Good. | – 我们这如何? – 很好 |
[38:35] | Progress. Irons in the fire. | 很有进展,打铁趁热 |
[38:38] | I like irons. | 我喜欢打铁 |
[38:39] | But I love fire. | 但更喜欢火热 |
[38:57] | Yes… | 好… |
[39:05] | -What are you… -The bill is garbage, Donald. | – 你… – 这提案根本是垃圾,唐纳 |
[39:08] | Tax increases? Ban on vouchers? Federal oversight? | 增税?禁止补助券? 联邦监管? |
[39:11] | How do you expect me to get that through a committee? | 要我怎么在委员会推动? |
[39:13] | When Linda told me to write it, she promised… | 琳达要我写时答应过我… |
[39:14] | I’m sure she said any number of things. Forget what they promised you, Donald. | 我相信她说了不少 别管他们承诺你什么,唐纳 |
[39:18] | They want your name because it carries weight. | 他们要你联名是因为你够分量 |
[39:21] | Well, my name comes with my ideas. | 我的名字跟的是我的想法 |
[39:22] | I understand, but you’ve got to be reasonable. | 我明白,但你得讲理啊 |
[39:24] | This isn’t the Great Debate. | 这可不是大辩论 |
[39:26] | It’s about passing meaningful reform. | 重点是要通过有意义的改革 |
[39:28] | Maybe not everything you would hope. But help me help you. | 或许不能尽如你意 但你得让我帮你 |
[39:32] | That’s going to take time. | 我需要更多时间 |
[39:35] | Those ideas, I’ve been developing them for… | 这些点子,我思考了很… |
[39:36] | If it’s time you need, I will buy you time. | 若你需要时间 我可以帮你缓一下 |
[39:38] | But you’ve got to promise me your next at bat is gonna give me something I can work with. | 但你必须答应我 下次给我一些可行的提议 |
[39:44] | Okay, Frank, I’ll see what I can do. | 好吧,法兰,我尽量 |
[39:46] | Good. And, Donald, don’t let this get you down. | 好,唐纳 你别因为这样而气馁 |
[39:49] | Together, we’re going to do more than you’ve been able to do in 25 years. | 我们一起努力 一定能胜过你25年来的成就 |
[39:57] | Two things are now irrelevant. | 有两件事物不合时宜 |
[39:59] | Donald Blythe and Donald Blythe’s new draft. | 唐纳布莱斯 和唐纳布莱斯草拟的新提案 |
[40:02] | Eventually, I’ll have to re-write the bill myself. | 最后我还是得重写 |
[40:04] | Forward, that is the battle-cry. | 我们的口号是向前冲 |
[40:06] | Leave ideology to the arm-chair generals. It does me no good. | 撇下理念与纸上谈兵的将军 一点用都没有 |
[40:10] | Walker just nominated Kern. | 沃克刚任命凯恩 |
[40:12] | It’s a long road to confirmation. | 要得到批准,路还长着呢 |
[40:15] | Kern is a boy scout. | 凯恩根本是乖乖牌 |
[40:17] | Nobody’s a boy scout. Not even Boy Scouts. | 没有人是乖乖牌 连乖乖牌们都不是 |
[40:21] | -What do you have? -Absolutely nothing. | – 你有什么把柄? – 什么都没有 |
[40:25] | Then what are we talking about? | 那你是在说什么? |
[40:27] | Just asking a simple question, does the job interest you? | 只有一个简单的问题 你对这职位有兴趣吗? |
[40:32] | Why would you want Michael gone? | 你为何要撵走麦克? |
[40:34] | Cathy, you and I came up together. | 凯西,我们可是并肩作战多年 |
[40:36] | The Foreign Affairs Committee needs a secretary we can work with. | 外交委员会 需要一个可以合作的国务卿 |
[40:39] | Someone who isn’t afraid to stand up to Walker when he’s wrong. | 一个不怕大声指出沃克错误的人 |
[40:42] | We need you. | 我们需要你 |
[40:48] | Let’s assume I am interested. | 假设我有兴趣 |
[40:50] | I don’t want to assume. I want to know. | 我不想假设,我想要确认 |
[41:37] | 2… Okay. 2-6-3-7. | 2…好,2637 |
[41:46] | Please hold. Zoe Barnes. | 请稍候,乔伊邦斯 |
[41:52] | Anywhere you want. | 地点由你决定 |
[41:54] | On my way. I’ll gonna have to call you back. | 我马上到,我待会回你电话 |
[42:11] | I’m so sorry. I couldn’t catch a cab. I had to take a train and l… | 抱歉,我叫不到计程车 只好搭火车… |
[42:14] | Just before you left my house. | 你离开我家之前 |
[42:16] | Think back. What were we discussing? | 想想,我们那时在聊什么? |
[42:21] | -The president’s legislative agenda. -Specifically. | – 总统的立法议程 – 具体一点 |
[42:25] | Education. | 教育 |
[42:26] | -Was I right? -Do the math, Ms. Barnes. | – 我猜对了吗? – 邦斯小姐,请你试想 |
[42:30] | -He needs a bill. -Sponsored by? | – 他需要一个提案 – 由谁提呢? |
[42:33] | -You? -Be smarter than that. | – 你吗? – 再聪明一点 |
[42:39] | -Somebody with legitimacy. -Good. | – 一个有分量的人 – 很好 |
[42:40] | And who screams “legitimacy” in Education? | 谁在教育这块举足轻重? |
[42:44] | -Donald Blythe? -Correct. | – 唐纳布莱斯? – 正确 |
[42:46] | -The problem is… -He’s an old-school tax-and-spend liberal. | – 问题是… – 他是增税花钱的老派左派分子 |
[42:49] | Walker ran as a moderate. | 沃克是以温和党竞选 |
[42:53] | You think Blythe would talk to me? | 他会跟我谈吗? |
[42:57] | He doesn’t have to. | 他不需要 |
[42:59] | Wait… | 等等… |
[43:01] | We’re in a very gray area, ethically, legally, which I’m okay with… | 我们游走道德与法律边缘 我是无所谓… |
[43:06] | I just love this painting, don’t you? | 我真喜欢这幅画,你呢? |
[43:10] | We’re in the same boat now, Zoe. | 我们现在可是同舟共济,乔伊 |
[43:12] | Take care not to tip it over. I can only save one of us from drowning. | 要小心别将船翻了 我只能救我们当中一人 |
[43:43] | He announces his education initiative on Monday. | 他周一将宣布教育提议 |
[43:46] | -Half of the address is… -I understand. | – 演说一半是… – 我明白 |
[43:48] | -Do we need to take it out? -We’re fine, Linda. | – 需要删掉吗? – 没问题,琳达 |
[43:51] | But you just got through saying he has to start over. | 但你才刚叫他重写 |
[43:53] | I didn’t choose Blythe. You did. | 布莱斯不是我挑的 是你的人选 |
[43:55] | You put him in my lap and asked me to work a miracle, and I will. | 是你将他扔给我 要求我让奇迹发生,我会的 |
[43:58] | Now, have a little faith, Linda. Let me work with Donald on this. | 有点信心嘛,琳达 让我和唐纳搞定这件事 |
[44:02] | I know what can be accomplished in 100 days. | 我很清楚百日内能完成什么 |
[44:05] | -All right, Frank, we’re counting on you. -Good. | – 好吧,法兰,就靠你了 – 很好 |
[44:10] | Now, I do have a little favor to ask. | 我倒是有件小事要劳烦你 |
[44:13] | Do you think I can get just two more tickets for my table at the Jefferson Ball? | 能否再给我两张 杰弗逊晚宴跟我同桌的入场券? |
[44:29] | Drink? | 来一杯吗? |
[44:31] | -Sure, what do you got? -Whiskey. Blends. | – 好啊,你有什么? – 威士忌,调酒 |
[44:34] | If you’re offering. | 你请我当然乐意 |
[44:37] | So, how are things in the City of Brotherly Love? | 费城一切还好吗? |
[44:41] | -We’re getting by. -Good, good. | – 还过得去 – 很好 |
[44:45] | -I’m sorry, I made that neat. Did you want… -No, this is perfect. | – 抱歉,我直接倒了,你是要… – 这样正好 |
[44:59] | So, it seems you’ve been a bit irresponsible. | 你最近仿佛有些不负责任 |
[45:04] | -What? -Don’t play dumb with me, Peter. | – 什么? – 别装傻了,彼得 |
[45:07] | Save it for the ethics committee. | 去跟伦理委员会说吧 |
[45:11] | Drink up, you could use a little courage right now. | 喝了吧,你现在需要点勇气 |
[45:15] | You’re not having one? | 你不喝吗? |
[45:16] | It’s a bit early in the day for me. | 对我来说有点早 |
[45:21] | Is this about the other night? | 是那晚的事吗? |
[45:23] | How do you know about that? | 你怎么会知道? |
[45:25] | I’m the Whip. It’s my job to know. | 我是党鞭,这是我的职责 |
[45:27] | Look, they let me off. There’s no charges. | 他们放了我一马,不起诉我 |
[45:30] | It’s all taken care of. | 都搞定了 |
[45:32] | Honestly, Peter, do you really think these things just take care of themselves? | 说真的,彼得 你真觉得这种事会自己搞定吗? |
[45:38] | You… | 你… |
[45:43] | It was just this one time, Frank. I swear to God. | 就只有这次,法兰 我对天发誓 |
[45:46] | Then you must hold God in very low esteem, because we both know that’s a lie. | 那你还真不把老天当回事 因为你我都知道这是谎言 |
[45:52] | Solicitation, controlled substances, driving under the influence… | 嫖妓、吸毒、酒后驾车… |
[45:57] | You’ve got quite a long list of hobbies. | 你兴趣还真不少 |
[46:01] | What is it you want? | 你想要怎么样? |
[46:14] | Your absolute, unquestioning loyalty. | 你全然的忠诚 |
[46:20] | Always. | 当然 |
[46:21] | Do not misunderstand what I mean by loyalty. | 别误会了我所谓的忠诚 |
[46:25] | Anything. Name it, Frank. | 法兰,只要你有需要 |
[46:28] | You seem far too relaxed. | 你看来太若无其事了 |
[46:30] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[46:31] | You shouldn’t be. | 你不应该 |
[46:35] | Doug will be in touch. | 道格会再跟你连络 |
[46:42] | Hang on. Where have you been? I’ve been calling you. | 等等,你跑哪去了? 我一直打给你 |
[46:45] | Everybody’s working double-time on inauguration | 大伙都在忙就职典礼的事 |
[46:47] | and you just up and disappear… | 你竟然给我搞失踪… |
[46:50] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[46:59] | Let me call you back. | 我再回你 |
[47:05] | -Where did you get this? -Wrong question. | – 你这哪来的? – 问题错误 |
[47:07] | The right question is how quickly can we get it up on the site? | 正确的问题是 要多久才能上传到官网? |
[47:11] | I have to run this past Tom. | 我要先给汤姆批准 |
[47:13] | Let’s get legal on this, make sure we’re not breaking any laws. | 找法律部门来看 确定我们没有违法 |
[47:17] | -You won’t tell me your source? -I can’t do that. | – 你不告诉我你的线民? – 无可奉告 |
[47:19] | -Fine. But if legal finds even one… -I understand. | – 好,但法律部门要是找到… – 我明白 |
[47:22] | How long do you think that will take? We should get this online right away. | 需要多久时间? 这个应该立即上传 |
[47:25] | I’m not just going to scan a 300-page document | 我才不打算扫描三百页的文件 |
[47:27] | and put it up before we’ve gone through every… | 然后传上网,我们得先通过… |
[47:29] | I did that already. | 我已经确认了 |
[47:31] | -The whole thing? -Cover to cover. | – 整份文件? – 从头到尾 |
[47:32] | I’ve got excerpts. Analysis. 3,000 words ready for editing. | 我有摘录,还有分析 三千字准备编辑 |
[47:38] | You start going over that. | 你先看一遍 |
[47:39] | Get graphics working on tables, charts, the whole nine yards. | 让美术部做一些图表 千万别客气 |
[47:44] | Janine! | 珍妮! |
[47:46] | -What’s the angle, five words? -Far left of center. | – 什么立场,四个字? – 极左派 |
[47:49] | -That’s four. -Very far left of center. | – 这才三个字 – 非常左派 |
[47:51] | Enough to put Walker on his heels? | 能让沃克紧张吗? |
[47:52] | Fuck his heels. This will put him on his ass. | 何止紧张,让他发狂 |
[47:55] | What’s up? | 怎样? |
[47:56] | We’ve got a copy of the administration’s education bill. | 我们拿到一份总统府的教育提案 |
[47:59] | You’re going to work with Zoe, do background copy. | 你跟乔伊合作背景故事 |
[48:01] | -Zoe Barnes? -Right here. | – 乔伊邦斯? – 在这 |
[48:03] | Whatever she needs. | 全力支援她 |
[48:05] | -Shouldn’t I be writing the… -She wrote it already. | – 不是该由我写… – 她已经写好了 |
[48:07] | And I want you to re-write it, then re-write it again. You’ll help her. | 我要你重写再重写,你帮她 |
[48:10] | -Tom, I’m your chief political correspondent. -Go. | – 汤姆,我才是主要政治记者 – 快去 |
[48:13] | -I want this by tomorrow. -But I need to focus on the inauguration. | – 我明天就要 – 但我需要专注在就职典礼的事 |
[48:15] | This is more important. | 这更重要 |
[48:17] | Let’s get started. | 快开始吧 |
[48:19] | …that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States. | …我将会忠实执行 美国总统府的职责 |
[48:22] | “…that I will faithfully execute the office… “ | “…我将会忠实执行…” |
[48:25] | Power is a lot like real estate. It’s all about location, location, location. | 权力就像房地产,地段最重要 |
[48:30] | The closer you are to the source, the higher your property value. | 离中心地带越近,房价就越高 |
[48:35] | Centuries from now, when people watch this footage, | 几世纪后 当人们看到这个片段 |
[48:38] | who will they see smiling just at the edge of the frame? | 会看到谁在镜头边缘微笑? |
[48:42] | “So help me God. “ | “愿神助我” |
[48:44] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[49:02] | Today is not about the next four years. | 今天讲的不是今后的四年 |
[49:07] | It’s about the next four decades. | 是往后的四十年 |
[49:10] | You’ve placed your faith in me, | 你们托信于我 |
[49:13] | and I, in turn, choose to place that faith in our children. | 我将此信任 转托于我们的孩子们 |
[49:19] | Our children are the key to this nation’s future, | 儿童是开启国家未来的钥匙 |
[49:24] | and that’s why the first order of business for this administration | 所以总统府的首要任务 |
[49:28] | will be a comprehensive education reform bill | 就是完整的教育改革提案 |
[49:32] | to properly fix, finance and strengthen our nation’s schools. | 将改善、补助 并加强我国的学府 |
[49:42] | And I pledge to you, | 我向你们承诺 |
[49:44] | we will have that bill on the floor of the Congress | 在就职百日内 |
[49:48] | within the first 100 days of this administration. | 会将提案提交国会 |
[49:57] | It was so nice of you to make this possible. | 真是感谢你让这一切成真 |
[50:00] | -When you called me, I was… -Not another word. | – 你打给我时我简直… – 别提了 |
[50:02] | I’m going to miss out on my ultimate Frisbee league this season. | 我今年大概 没机会参加飞盘比赛了 |
[50:06] | No, I’m serious. | 我说真的 |
[50:07] | A few of us on Budget have quite a rivalry going with the guys on Finance. | 我们预算委员会 跟财务部可是宿敌呢 |
[50:12] | It’s fierce. We get physical. | 竞赛可是很激烈的 |
[50:14] | Anybody gets between me and that goal line, I will take that sucker down. | 有人敢挡我得分 我可不会对他客气的 |
[50:39] | Donald, I’ve been looking for you everywhere, maestro. | 唐纳,我到处找你 |
[50:43] | -Yeah. -Let me help you out there. | – 是喔 – 我来帮你 |
[50:44] | I really like the work you’ve done on the new draft. | 我很喜欢你的新草案 |
[50:47] | It’s a big step forward. We’re going to make history together. | 向前迈进一大步 我们将共同创造历史 |
[50:49] | Thanks for your encouragement, Francis. | 谢谢鼓励,法兰斯 |
[50:50] | Listen, I’ve got some ideas about subsidies… | 听着,关于补助金的事 我有些看法… |
[50:53] | Catherine! Hold on to that thought, Donald. | 凯萨琳!你等等,唐纳 |
[50:56] | Don’t you look stunning. | 你真美 |
[51:00] | We Southern girls clean up well | 南方姑娘脱掉乡巴佬装 |
[51:01] | when we get out of our Daisy Dukes and into some Vera Wang. | 换上设计师服装 打扮起来也不错 |
[51:04] | And we Southern boys are slow with our words, but we’re fast on our feet. | 我们南方男孩不擅言词 但可会跳舞了 |
[51:07] | -May I have the honor? -You most certainly may. | – 我有这荣幸吗? – 当然 |
[51:36] | -Morning, Freddy. -Mornin’, Frank. | – 早安,弗莱迪 – 早,法兰 |
[51:38] | -How’s tricks? -Can’t kick. | – 生意怎么样? – 还可以 |
[51:41] | -You want to go on in? -No, why don’t you set me up outside? | – 要进去坐吗? – 不,就坐外面吧 |
[51:44] | Outside? It’s freezing out here. | 外面?很冷耶 |
[51:45] | Well, a little cold never hurt anybody. | 冷点比较有精神 |
[51:48] | Anything you say, Frank. | 你开心就好,法兰 |
[51:50] | It’ll be right up. | 马上来 |
[51:52] | My one guilty pleasure is a good rack of ribs. Even at 7:30 in the morning. | 我唯一的放纵就是烤猪小排 就算是早上7点半 |
[51:56] | I have the whole place to myself. Freddy sometimes opens up just for me. | 这地方只有我一人 弗莱迪有时还特别为我开店 |
[52:00] | Where I come from in South Carolina, people didn’t have two pennies to rub together. | 我老家南卡罗来纳州 大家都很穷 |
[52:04] | A rack of ribs was a luxury, like… | 烤猪小排是种奢侈,就像… |
[52:11] | …Christmas in July. | …提早过圣诞 |
[52:52] | This web traffic is absolutely crazy. | 网路简直塞爆了 |
[52:57] | …blue Camry’s wanted in connection to a canine hit-and-run. | …蓝色丰田房车 疑似撞死家犬后逃逸 |
[53:01] | -Hey, is this your car? -What’s going on? | – 这是你的车吗? – 怎么了? |
[53:08] | -You want seconds, Frank? -I better not. | – 要再来一份吗,法兰? – 还是不要了 |
[53:13] | Tell you what, Freddy. Yes, I will. | 不,弗莱迪,再给我一份 |
[53:17] | I’m feeling hungry today. | 今天特别饿 |