时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:34] | It’s there for leverage, | 这是谈判的条件 |
[01:35] | so that we can lock down performance standards. | 成绩标准就能拍板定案 |
[01:38] | You don’t toss around their right to collective bargaining like a poker chip. | 不能把他们的劳资谈判权利 当作玩牌的筹码 |
[01:41] | If we don’t, they won’t budge. | 不这么做,他们不会妥协 |
[01:43] | Has Marty Spinella seen this? | 马帝史皮奈拉看过了吗? |
[01:45] | Not in the version I showed him. | 还没有 |
[01:46] | -So you lied to his face? -No. | – 所以你当面骗他? – 没有 |
[01:48] | I revised the parameters of my promise. | 我修改我的承诺范围 |
[01:51] | -Which is lying. -Which is politics. | – 就是说谎 – 这是政治 |
[01:53] | The sort you’re well-versed in, Bob. | 你最厉害的地方,鲍伯 |
[01:55] | Here’s some politics for you. | 这才是政治 |
[01:57] | I allow this to go to the floor, I get murdered next election. | 我让这个提案提交国会 下届就不用选了 |
[02:01] | This is coming from the President. | 这是总统的命令 |
[02:02] | Last time I checked, I was still a Democrat, Frank, | 就我所知 我以前还是民主党,法兰 |
[02:06] | and you were, too. Are you telling me the President isn’t? | 你也是 你是在说总统不是吗? |
[02:10] | Because he’s acting a hell of a lot like a Republican. | 因为他的表现活像共和党 |
[02:12] | I thought Bob was on our team. | 我以为鲍伯是同一阵线 |
[02:14] | Just sit him down with the President. Ten minutes. | 就让他跟总统会面十分钟 |
[02:16] | We won’t touch collective bargaining. | 我们不会谈到劳资谈判 |
[02:18] | Are you interested in my advice on this, | 你想知道我的看法 |
[02:20] | or you just want me to deliver the message? | 还是只要我传话? |
[02:21] | I’m always interested in your advice, Frank. | 我一直很重视你的看法,法兰 |
[02:23] | Birch is right. You’re going to burn a lot of bridges. | 柏许没错 你会失去很多的支持 |
[02:26] | The President should at least sit down with him and let him make his case. | 总统应该至少和他面谈 听听他的想法 |
[02:29] | You tell Bob I’m happy to schedule a meeting with the President | 你跟鲍伯说我很乐意 安排他和总统见面 |
[02:33] | once he’s set a date to put this bill on the floor. | 等他定下这项提案 提交国会的日期后 |
[02:35] | The President can fuck himself. | 去他的总统 |
[02:36] | This is the platform. It’s what he ran on. | 这是他执政的政纲 |
[02:39] | I don’t give a shit what he ran on. He can’t steamroll the House. | 我不管他是什么政纲 他不能用权力影响众议院 |
[02:43] | And don’t forget, you work for me, Frank, not him. | 还有不要忘记 你是帮我工作,法兰 |
[02:46] | If he wants something on the floor, he’s gonna have to talk to me directly. | 如果他想把提案提交国会 就得直接跟我谈 |
[02:49] | I know you take a lot of pride in your manhood, Bob, | 我知道你对你的男子气概 很自豪,鲍伯 |
[02:52] | and it’s impressive, | 令人佩服 |
[02:54] | but as big as it is, Linda can still shut the door on it. | 不论有多大 琳达还是能让你吃闭门羹 |
[02:59] | Tell Vasquez the bill is dead. | 跟瓦克斯说这项提案 胎死腹中了 |
[03:05] | That’s not the first time he’s pulled that stunt on me. | 这不是他第一次做这样的事 |
[03:08] | Probably should have held my tongue, | 也许我不该多嘴 |
[03:09] | but I just couldn’t resist the chance to see him shrivel. | 但我无法抗拒 看见他束手无策的机会 |
[03:15] | -Good morning. -Frank. | – 早安 – 法兰 |
[03:18] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[03:20] | Linda. | 琳达 |
[03:22] | Let’s strike the anti-collective bargaining provision from the bill. | 删除提案里的 反劳资谈判的条款 |
[03:25] | Linda and I have talked it over, and I think she’s right on this. | 琳达和我商量过 我觉得她的想法是对的 |
[03:28] | Tell Bob he can come by tomorrow afternoon. | 跟鲍伯说他可以明天下午过来 |
[03:30] | Sir, respectfully, I do not think you should give him the satisfaction. | 总统,恕我直言 你不应该让他予取予求 |
[03:34] | -Well, give me a reason. -Makes us appear weak. | – 给我一个理由 – 让我们看起来很脆弱 |
[03:36] | This is an opportunity for you to establish your supremacy. | 这是你建立优势的机会 |
[03:39] | We should seize it. | 应该把握机会 |
[03:41] | But without Birch’s cooperation, we’re fighting an uphill battle | 如果没有柏许的合作 我们会很辛苦 |
[03:43] | before we even get the bill to the floor. Frank, we discussed this. | 才能将提案提交国会 法兰,我们讨论过 |
[03:45] | Sir, ifyou give in now, | 总统,如果你现在让步 |
[03:47] | Birch will walk all over you for the next four years. | 未来四年 柏许都会踩在你头上 |
[03:51] | I can get this bill on the House floor as is. I promise you. | 我保证能让提案提交众议院 |
[03:59] | All right, Frank. Show me what you can do. | 好,法兰 让我瞧瞧你的本事 |
[04:00] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统先生 |
[04:06] | That was her trying to take credit for my idea. | 她竟想夺走我的功劳 |
[04:08] | Advice she wouldn’t take from me. Unacceptable. | 她不愿意听我的意见 太过分了 |
[04:11] | I will not allow her to sell my goods when she cuts me out of the profits. | 我不会让她占我便宜 拿走我的好处 |
[04:14] | I specifically told her no interviews. | 我很明白告诉她 不准接受专访 |
[04:17] | She disobeyed me, not just once. | 她不理我的命令,不只一次 |
[04:19] | At least eight times in the past month. | 上个月至少有八次 |
[04:21] | She stays, Tom. | 她不会走的,汤姆 |
[04:22] | She has no respect for my authority, Margaret. | 她完全不尊重我的职权 玛格莉特 |
[04:25] | I said she stays. | 我说她不会走 |
[04:27] | There are rules. There’s a way of doing things. | 这里有规定,有做事的方式 |
[04:29] | If I have a reporter who won’t listen… | 如果记者不听话… |
[04:31] | Two freshmen girls are moving into their dorm room together. | 两个大一女生一起搬进宿舍 |
[04:34] | One of them’s from Georgia, one of them’s from Connecticut. | 一个来自乔治亚州 一个来自康乃迪克州 |
[04:37] | Girl from Connecticut’s helping her mother put up curtains. | 康乃迪克州的女孩 在帮她的母亲挂窗帘 |
[04:40] | Girl from Georgia turns to them and says, “Hi. Where y’all from?” | 乔治亚州的女孩转过身问 “你好,你们来自哪里?” |
[04:44] | Girl from Connecticut says, “We’re from a place | 康乃迪克州的女孩说 “我们 |
[04:46] | “where we know not to end a sentence with a preposition. “ | “不会把前置词放在句子最后” |
[04:49] | Girl from Georgia says, “Beg my pardon. | 乔治亚州的女孩说 “对不起 |
[04:52] | “Where y’all from… | “你们来自哪里… |
[04:54] | “Cunt?” | “婊子?” |
[04:55] | You heard that one before? | 你有听过这个吗? |
[04:58] | A version of it. With softer language. | 不一样的版本 用词没有那么粗俗 |
[05:01] | Tom, we don’t need people who follow the rules. | 汤姆,我们不需要 遵守规定的员工 |
[05:03] | We need people with personality. | 我们需要有个性的员工 |
[05:05] | We want Zoe’s face, her energy. | 我们要乔伊的脸孔 还有她的活力 |
[05:08] | We want to get her on TV as much as possible. | 我们要她尽量上电视 |
[05:10] | It helps us cut through the noise. | 可以帮我们铺路 |
[05:12] | See what I’m saying? | 懂我的意思吗? |
[05:15] | I hear you, Margaret. | 听到了,玛格莉特 |
[05:17] | Thank you, Tom. | 谢谢你,汤姆 |
[05:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[05:28] | Come in. | 进来 |
[05:32] | I thought… | 我以为… |
[05:36] | I wanted to say hi to Evelyn. | 我本来想问候艾薇琳 |
[05:38] | Evelyn? | 艾薇琳? |
[05:39] | This was her office. | 这以前是她的办公室 |
[05:41] | I don’t think she works here anymore. | 她没有在这里工作了 |
[05:44] | Gillian Cole. I came on board a couple weeks ago. | 吉莉安柯尔 几周前来到公司的 |
[05:47] | Gillian. WorldWell. | 吉莉安,世安 |
[05:49] | -Yeah. -I’ve heard great things. Remy Danton. | – 是的 – 风评很不错,瑞米丹顿 |
[05:52] | You work with Claire? | 你和克莱儿一起工作? |
[05:54] | In a way. | 可以这样说 |
[05:55] | -Hello, Remy. -Claire. | – 你好,瑞米 – 克莱儿 |
[05:58] | -I see you’ve met Gillian. -Yes, just now. | – 你见过吉莉安了 – 是的,刚刚认识 |
[06:00] | She’s doing fantastic work for us, as you can see. | 如你所见 她的工作表现很出色 |
[06:04] | Red is completed wells, green, potential sites, | 红色是完成的井 绿色是可能的地点 |
[06:08] | yellow, approved sites, and blue are the filtration centers. | 黄色是许可的地点 蓝色是过滤中心 |
[06:12] | Nice. So you liking it here? | 很棒,你喜欢这里吗? |
[06:15] | Yeah. My staff and I are loving it. | 我的属下和我都很喜欢 |
[06:17] | Claire’s opened a lot of doors for us. | 克莱儿给我们很多机会 |
[06:18] | Sounds like Claire. | 听来像克莱儿 |
[06:19] | Shall we head to my office? | 要去我的办公室吗? |
[06:21] | -Gillian, nice to meet you. -Nice to meet you. | – 吉莉安,很高兴认识你 – 很高兴认识你 |
[06:25] | What happened? | 怎么回事? |
[06:26] | Things got complicated. | 事情变复杂了 |
[06:29] | SanCorp was in a difficult situation. | 善可工业有危机 |
[06:32] | I would have thought you’d step up when things were difficult, | 我以为有危机时 你会挺身而出 |
[06:35] | not hold the donation hostage. | 不会影响捐款 |
[06:36] | Well, things are less complicated now. The donation is back on the table. | 现在情况比较缓和 捐款数目有增加 |
[06:42] | I had to fire half my staff. | 我必须开除公司一半的人 |
[06:45] | Now you can hire them back. | 你能请他们回来 |
[06:47] | SanCorp is prepared to double its initial commitment. | 善可工业准备好加倍头笔资助 |
[06:49] | $1.5 million, lump sum, this quarter. | 本季总额150万 |
[06:52] | -Why? -Public relations. Same as before. | – 为什么? – 公共关系,按照往例 |
[06:54] | And what do they want from Francis? | 他们想要法兰斯什么? |
[06:57] | Things are square with Frank. We’re only talking about the CWl. | 法兰那边搞定了 现在只谈净水创权 |
[07:00] | But why double it? | 但为何加倍? |
[07:01] | Because I said they should. | 因为我说应该加倍 |
[07:03] | The more they give, the more you can do. The more you can do, the better they look. | 他们给的越多,你能做得更多 他们就越有面子 |
[07:07] | And that’s why they hired Glendon Hill, to make them look good. | 所以他们雇用葛兰顿希尔 让他们有面子 |
[07:10] | And they also hired you to get traction in Congress. | 他们也雇用你 在国会里穿针引线 |
[07:12] | Not in this case. | 这次不一样 |
[07:14] | We want a long-term partnership, Claire. | 我们要长期合作关系,克莱儿 |
[07:16] | This is an investment in the future. | 这是未来的投资 |
[07:18] | We’re not attaching strings. | 我们没有要攀关系 |
[07:22] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑一下 |
[07:23] | They’d really love to move quickly on this. | 他们想尽快决定 |
[07:25] | I said I’ll think about it. | 我说了我会考虑 |
[07:28] | Madeleine, you have to email me this shit. I need it in writing. | 麦德琳,你要寄电子邮件给我 我需要书面资料 |
[07:31] | And with more than an hour’s notice. | 一小时前才通知 |
[07:34] | Yeah, I know that, but you have to understand we have a plan. | 我知道,但是你要明白 我们有一个计划 |
[07:38] | We have a way that we do this, and when you… | 我们有做事的方式,当你… |
[07:44] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:46] | Fine. | 算了 |
[07:48] | Yeah. Yeah. Bye. | 好,再见 |
[07:53] | Madeleine has decided to have a spur-of-the-moment trip to Orlando | 麦德琳心血来潮 决定到奥兰多一趟 |
[07:57] | with her latest eHarmony catch. | 跟交友网站认识的人去 |
[07:59] | -No heads-up, no warning. -The kids? | – 没有任何警告 – 孩子们怎么办? |
[08:01] | They get out of school at 2:30. | 他们两点半放学 |
[08:03] | I can do the Shipbuilder’s meeting. | 我能参加造船工业会的会议 |
[08:06] | -You sure? -Yeah, it’s just their public affairs team. | – 你确定吗? – 是啊,只是他们的公关组 |
[08:09] | I’ll brief you, and then you can call them tomorrow. | 我能向你报告 然后明天你再连络他们 |
[08:11] | Go get your kids. | 去接你的孩子 |
[08:26] | Hey. | 你好 |
[08:33] | Remy came by this morning. To the office. | 瑞米今早有过来办公室 |
[08:36] | -What does he want? -The donation’s back on the table. | – 他要做什么? – 捐款死灰复燃 |
[08:39] | They’ve doubled it to $1.5 million. | 他们加倍到150万 |
[08:42] | -You said no, right? -I didn’t. | – 你拒绝了,对吗? – 我没有 |
[08:45] | He doesn’t want anything from you, Francis. | 他什么都不要,法兰斯 |
[08:47] | Come on, Claire. You know better than that. | 拜托你,克莱儿 别那么天真了 |
[08:49] | I specifically asked. | 我问过了 |
[08:51] | Maybe not right now, but look, I invented this guy, all right? | 也许不是现在 但是我创造了这个人 |
[08:55] | -It’s a slippery slope. -Think ofwhat I can do with this money. | – 他很狡猾 – 想想这笔钱的用途 |
[08:58] | I can hire back the people I let go. | 我能把解雇的员工请回来 |
[09:00] | I can help accelerate the funding for the projects that Gillian has brought in. | 也能增加吉莉安计划的资金 |
[09:04] | Let’s find another way to raise the money. | 我们找别的方式募款 |
[09:05] | But it’s right there at my feet. | 但是这笔钱就在面前 |
[09:07] | Claire, I have too much on my plate right now. | 克莱儿,我现在分身乏术 |
[09:10] | I can’t have SanCorp breathing down my neck again. | 我不能让善可工业 再紧盯着我不放 |
[09:12] | I can’t have Remy… | 我不能让瑞米… |
[09:14] | Look, it is Remy. | 就是瑞米 |
[09:15] | He knows me too well. It’s dangerous. | 他太了解我了,这样很危险 |
[09:18] | Look at the bigger picture here. | 要看全局 |
[09:22] | I’m asking. | 我求你 |
[09:24] | No. You’re not. | 你才不是 |
[09:31] | Claire. | 克莱儿 |
[09:33] | I’ll tell you what I told him. | 我告诉你我给他的回答 |
[09:35] | -Which was? -I’ll think about it. | – 是什么? – 我会考虑 |
[09:47] | I know there’s been some tension, and I’m probably more to blame than you are. | 我知道我们有些不愉快 也许是我的关系 |
[09:51] | But I’d like to put that behind us. | 但我想忘掉这件事 |
[09:54] | Zoe, you’re going to be our new White House correspondent. | 乔伊,你将成为 我们的新白宫记者 |
[09:59] | What about Janine? | 珍妮呢? |
[10:00] | I promoted her to Midwest Bureau Chief. | 我把她升到中西部分社主任 |
[10:02] | She’s okay with that? She wants to give up the White House? | 她同意吗?她想放弃白宫? |
[10:05] | It’s the decision I’ve made. | 这是我做的决定 |
[10:07] | It’s just that Janine has so much experience. | 我只是觉得珍妮经验很丰富 |
[10:10] | I thought you’d be more excited about this. | 我以为你会很兴奋 |
[10:13] | I’m sorry. I just thought you brought me in here to… I don’t know. | 对不起,我以为 你叫我过来这里是要… |
[10:19] | -To fire you. -Maybe. | – 炒你鱿鱼 – 也许 |
[10:23] | Water under the bridge. | 过去的事别提了 |
[10:25] | We’re starting over. | 我们重新开始 |
[10:28] | So are you ready to take this on? | 你准备好了吗? |
[10:32] | Can I think about it? | 我能考虑吗? |
[10:34] | People usually don’t have to think about it when they’re offered the White House, Zoe. | 有机会去白宫 通常没有人要考虑,乔伊 |
[10:38] | Just a day or two. | 一两天就好 |
[10:40] | Janine is booked for a flight to Chicago on Friday. | 珍妮订了周五的机票 飞去芝加哥 |
[10:42] | I’ll let you know before then. I just need to… | 我会在那之前跟你说 我只是需要… |
[10:46] | Thank you. Thank you, Tom. | 谢谢你,汤姆 |
[10:56] | David Rasmussen is the majority leader, which means he’s one step above me | 大卫拉斯穆森是多数党领袖 表示他比我高一级 |
[11:00] | and one below Birch, which is akin to being between a very hungry wolf | 比柏许低一级 他是饥不择食的贪官 |
[11:03] | and a very quarrelsome sheep. | 可是喜爱争吵的双面人 |
[11:04] | Let’s see if he stays with the herd or joins the pack. | 让我们看他是要往哪边倒 |
[11:07] | David. You mind if I join you? | 大卫,可以和你一起吃吗? |
[11:09] | Please. A salad, huh? | 当然,只吃沙拉? |
[11:12] | Yes. I’m trying to take better care of myself. | 我想多照顾自己的身体 |
[11:14] | Good man. Diet? | 好男人,节食吗? |
[11:15] | Diet, exercise, everything. | 节食、运动,什么都来 |
[11:19] | You ought to take better care of yourself, too. | 你也该好好照顾自己 |
[11:22] | Well, then they should stop serving such good pizza. | 那么他们应该不要 再供应这么美味的披萨 |
[11:24] | I’m not talking about the food. | 我不是在说吃的 |
[11:27] | I’m talking about Birch. | 我是在说柏许 |
[11:31] | You are never going to be Speaker unless you do something about it. | 你不处理他的话 绝对不会当上发言人 |
[11:34] | I’m very satisfied where I am. | 我很满意我现在的位置 |
[11:36] | -Come on. -For the time being, yeah. | – 拜托 – 目前来说 |
[11:38] | Time being never. | 目前表示永远 |
[11:40] | The only way you become Speaker is if Birch loses his district or retires, | 如果柏许败选或退休 你才能当上发言人 |
[11:43] | neither ofwhich is going to happen before you and I have dentures. | 这两种情况 都不可能太快发生 |
[11:46] | I’m not happy where this conversation is going, Frank. | 我不太喜欢谈这个,法兰 |
[11:48] | If you want it, and I know you do, there’s a way. | 如果你要,我知道你想要 有一个方式 |
[11:52] | Okay. Right. I can’t… | 好,我不能… |
[11:53] | All you need is a simple majority. 218 votes. | 你只需要简单多数 218张选票 |
[11:56] | We’re going to get at least 205 out of the GOP, | 共和党那边 我们至少有205张选票 |
[11:58] | and after that, all you need is 13 Democrats. | 你只要13张民主党的选票 |
[12:00] | You and I make two. | 你跟我就两张票了 |
[12:02] | Are you out of your mind? | 你疯啦? |
[12:05] | Just consider it for a moment. | 稍微想一下 |
[12:09] | You want to collude with the Republicans? | 你要跟共和党串通? |
[12:11] | I don’t want to, but I would if you become Speaker in the process. | 我不想,但是如果能让你 当上发言人,我会 |
[12:14] | Never been done before. | 没做过这种事 |
[12:15] | There’s a first time for everything. | 凡事都有第一次 |
[12:17] | This is ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[12:19] | The Republicans would love a chance to knock Bob down a peg or two. | 共和党应该会很想有机会 压压鲍伯的气焰 |
[12:22] | And you want to help them? | 你想帮他们? |
[12:23] | I want to help us. | 我想帮我们 |
[12:26] | Bob will not play ball with the White House. | 鲍伯不会跟白宫妥协 |
[12:28] | Now, you’re a reasonable man, David, and he’s not. | 大卫,你比较讲道理 但他不是 |
[12:33] | You know what I am? | 你知道我是什么样的人? |
[12:35] | I’m a discreet man. | 我是个很小心的人 |
[12:37] | You’re lucky for that. | 你很幸运 |
[12:38] | I’m not going to mention this to Bob, but if you ever bring it up again, | 我不会跟鲍伯提这件事 但是如果你再提 |
[12:42] | I won’t have a choice. | 我就没有办法了 |
[12:46] | Looks like he opted for the herd. | 看来他选了软弱那边 |
[12:55] | Claire. I’d like to put an order for the water filters | 克莱儿,我想订一些滤水器 |
[12:58] | and the well-digging equipment for the South Sudan project. | 还有凿井的机器 南苏丹计划要用的 |
[13:01] | Can we talk about the budget? | 能讨论一下预算吗? |
[13:02] | -How much? -$200,000. | – 多少? – 20万 |
[13:05] | For one project? | 给一个计划? |
[13:06] | I know it’s a lot, but it’ll be our flagship project in Africa, | 我知道数目庞大 但这会是非洲的旗舰计划 |
[13:10] | and we would be the first organization there to work on this scale. | 我们会是第一家 在那里有这种规模的公司 |
[13:13] | -I’d like to go over the specifics first. -I have the budget right here. | – 我想先明白细节 – 预算在我这里 |
[13:16] | Let me just grab my messages, and then I’ll come in to you. | 我先看看有没有留言 再过去你那边 |
[13:18] | Okay. I’ll be in my office. | 好的,我会在我办公室 |
[13:22] | Any calls while I was out? | 我不在的时候 有人打电话来吗? |
[13:23] | They’re on the desk, and this came by messenger. | 留言在桌子上 邮差送来这个包裹 |
[14:06] | Adam. It’s Claire. | 亚当,我是克莱儿 |
[14:10] | Yes. I know. It has. | 我知道 |
[14:15] | No reason. I was just thinking about you. | 没事,只是突然想起你 |
[14:21] | You’re right. It is a lie. I do have a reason. | 你没错,我说谎了,我有事 |
[14:25] | I need to use you. | 我需要利用你 |
[14:27] | The White House is where news goes to die. Everything’s canned. | 白宫是新闻的墓地 所有的事都是假造的 |
[14:30] | -These perfectly prepared statements… -It’s a prestigious job, Zoe. | – 这些完美的声明… – 这是很有声望的工作,乔伊 |
[14:33] | Used to be, when I was in ninth grade. Now it’s a graveyard. | 以前在我高中的时候是 现在是墓地 |
[14:37] | The only halfway interesting thing they do is throw a big dinner party once a year | 唯一稍微有趣的事 是每年一次的晚宴 |
[14:41] | where they pat themselves on the back and rub shoulders with movie stars. | 他们会跟电影明星打交道 自我安慰 |
[14:45] | -Who needs that? -Every day since you started here, | – 谁会想去啊 – 从你来报社开始 |
[14:47] | you’ve begged me to move you up, and now suddenly… | 你就一直求我升你职 但是你现在… |
[14:49] | My goal in life is not to climb up The Herald’s ladder | 我的人生目标 不是在《先躯报》往上爬 |
[14:52] | one rung at a time until I’ve got my own stationery. | 直到我有自己的文具 |
[14:54] | Some of us value a career at a paper like this. | 有些人很珍惜这种报社的职业 |
[14:58] | I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for that to come off… | 对不起,我不是故意要这样说… |
[14:59] | Well, it did, and you skipped a few rungs, by the way. | 算了,还有你少爬了几步 |
[15:02] | Do what you want to do, Zoe, but if you want me to be your cheerleader | 你想怎样就怎样,乔伊 但如果你希望我会鼓励你 |
[15:05] | and say, “Yeah, turn it down,” I won’t. | “没关系,拒绝吧”,我不会 |
[15:07] | I would have killed for that job when I first started here. | 我刚来报社时 会不顾一切争取那份工作 |
[15:16] | Put Fichner in the “leaning yes” column. | 把菲许那放到 “偏向赞成票”那栏 |
[15:19] | -Don’t you think he’s a neutral? -He hates Birch. | – 你不觉得他是中立吗? – 他恨柏许 |
[15:22] | Yeah, but he owes Birch for the Ways and Means appointment. | 但是他欠柏许人情 |
[15:23] | Put him in “neutral.” Who else? | 放他在“中立”,还有谁? |
[15:28] | Ramirez as a neutral? | 拉米兹也是中立吗? |
[15:29] | This list is so shaky. | 这个名单真不可靠 |
[15:32] | Any one of them leaks it to Bob… No, what we need is one name. | 只要有一人泄露给鲍伯… 我们需要一个名字 |
[15:35] | One person who can deliver 1 2. | 一个人可以拿12张选票 |
[15:39] | The Black Caucus. | 黑人核心小组 |
[15:44] | Womack. | 沃麦克 |
[15:45] | -What can we offer him? -What does he need? | – 我们可以给他什么? – 他需要什么? |
[15:47] | Let me pull up his file. | 我来看看他的档案 |
[15:53] | Here we go. | 在这里 |
[15:55] | McCuddin Airforce base employs 3,000 people in his district. | 麦卡汀空军基地 在他的选区有三千名员工 |
[15:58] | It’s on the DOD’s chopping block this year. | 是国防部今年要去除的一块 |
[16:00] | Who do we know on the BRAC commission? | 基地重组与关闭委员会 有人脉吗? |
[16:01] | That’s dangerous. | 那太危险了 |
[16:03] | The trail leads back to us trying to influence the DOD or the BRAC. | 这条路会让人知道 我们设法影响这两个单位 |
[16:06] | No, no, no. What we do is we close another base. | 不是 我们要关闭另外一个基地 |
[16:08] | We leave enough money in the DOD’s budget | 国防部预算留下足够的经费 |
[16:10] | to keep Womack’s base off the list. | 让沃麦克的基地不被影响 |
[16:12] | What we need… | 我们需要… |
[16:19] | Is someone we own. | 一个自己人 |
[16:24] | Dad, I’m hungry. | 爸爸,我饿了 |
[16:26] | Coming, buddy. | 来了,孩子 |
[16:28] | Here we go. | 拿去 |
[16:30] | With cheese. Without cheese. | 有起司,没有起司 |
[16:35] | Dad? | 爸爸? |
[16:36] | Yeah. | 干嘛? |
[16:37] | That looks pretty disgusting. | 那个看起来很恶心 |
[16:40] | Yeah, it looks disgusting. | 没错,看起来很恶心 |
[16:43] | It’s not how it looks, it’s how it tastes. | 外表不重要,好吃就好了 |
[16:45] | And a fork would be nice. | 拿个叉子 |
[16:48] | Shit. Okay. Hold on. | 好的,等一下 |
[16:53] | -Hello. -Good evening, Mr. Russo. | – 你好 – 晚安,鲁索先生 |
[16:56] | There’s a Mr. Underwood here to see you. | 安德沃先生来找你 |
[16:59] | Okay. Send him up. | 好的,让他上来 |
[17:15] | Hi, there. | 你们好 |
[17:16] | -Hi. -Hi. | – 你好 – 你好 |
[17:18] | This is Kevin, this is Sarah. | 这是凯文,这是莎拉 |
[17:20] | Hi. I’m Frank. Nice to meet you both. | 我是法兰 很高兴认识你们两位 |
[17:22] | -Do you work with Dad? -I do. | – 你和我爸一起工作吗? – 是的 |
[17:24] | Congressman Underwood is Daddy’s boss. | 安德沃议员是爸爸的上司 |
[17:26] | I thought you didn’t have a boss. | 我以为你没有上司 |
[17:29] | Everybody has a boss, sweetheart, even Congressmen. | 每个人都有上司,甜心 连议员也有 |
[17:31] | Why don’t you take your dinner and go into the bedroom? | 你们把晚餐拿进房间吃好了 |
[17:33] | -But I wanted to watch TV. -Go now. | – 可是我想看电视 – 进去了 |
[17:36] | Cute kids. | 孩子很可爱 |
[17:37] | Yeah, I like them. Can I get you a drink? | 是啊,我喜欢他们 要喝点什么吗? |
[17:39] | No, I won’t be here long. | 不用了,我坐坐就走 |
[17:41] | Yeah. Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[17:44] | Thank you. Is that a PS Vita? | 谢谢你,这是掌上型电动吗? |
[17:51] | Which games does he have? | 他有哪些游戏? |
[17:53] | -All of them. -I have a console at home. | – 统统都有 – 我家有一个主机型的 |
[17:55] | I play sometimes to relax. I ought to get one of these for the car. | 我有时会玩玩纾解压力 应该在车里也装一台 |
[18:01] | So, Peter, we need to close the shipyard in your district. | 彼得,我们必须关闭 你选区里的造船厂 |
[18:06] | The BRAC hearing is tomorrow. You won’t put up your usual fight. | 明天基地重组与关闭听证会 你不要像平常一样争辩 |
[18:09] | You have zero testimony to add. | 也不要加任何证词 |
[18:13] | -I can’t do that. -Yes, you can, Peter. | – 我不能这样做 – 你可以的,彼得 |
[18:16] | I spent months on that testimony. I lobbied the commission. My entire office… | 我花了数月准备证词 游说委员会和整个办公室… |
[18:20] | I’m sure you’ve done splendid work, but unfortunately, it can’t come to fruition. | 我相信你费尽精神 但可惜,无法开花结果 |
[18:23] | -Why? -Politics. | – 为什么? – 政治 |
[18:25] | There’s forces bigger than either of us at play here. | 有比我们更有能力的人 在影响大局 |
[18:27] | It’s 12,000 jobs. | 有一万两千个工作 |
[18:29] | I know. It’s a shame. | 我知道,很可惜 |
[18:30] | Keeping that shipyard open is what got me elected. | 我承诺让造船厂继续运作 才能当选 |
[18:32] | Those people are my friends. | 那些人是我的朋友 |
[18:34] | I’m not here to debate this, Peter. | 我不是来跟你争辩的,彼得 |
[18:36] | The base will close. | 基地会关闭 |
[18:38] | The only question is, will you make it a swift death or a painful one? | 唯一的问题是 你要不要快刀斩乱麻? |
[18:43] | No way. I won’t sit on my hands. | 不行,我不能这么做 |
[18:45] | I sympathize that this is gonna be difficult for you. | 我明白这对你来说很困难 |
[18:48] | And I don’t know how yet, but I will make it up to you, Peter. | 我不知道该怎么补偿你 但是我会的,彼得 |
[18:53] | I’m a powerful friend to have right now, | 我是一个有权有势的朋友 |
[18:56] | perhaps your only friend, | 也许是你唯一的朋友 |
[18:59] | so don’t defy me. | 所以不要反抗我 |
[19:13] | Love of family. | 对家庭的爱 |
[19:15] | Most politicians are permanently chained to that slogan. Family values. | 大多数政客永远拿这句话 家庭价值当作口号 |
[19:20] | But when you cozy up to hookers and I find out, | 但是当我发现你找妓女的时候 |
[19:23] | I will make that hypocrisy hurt. | 我会要你为你的虚伪付出代价 |
[19:29] | Did you get the present I sent you? | 有收到我送你的礼物吗? |
[19:33] | You wouldn’t really call it a present. | 那不算礼物 |
[19:36] | Well, more of a gentle reminder, maybe. | 好吧,一个温和的提醒 |
[19:39] | More heavy-handed than gentle, which surprised me. | 应该说是笨手笨脚 让我很惊讶 |
[19:42] | It’s not really your style, Francis. | 不像你的作风,法兰斯 |
[19:45] | But, yes. I got it. | 不过我收到了 |
[19:48] | I like that one. | 我喜欢那件 |
[19:50] | -I do, too. -But the first one’s better. | – 我也是 – 但是第一件比较好 |
[19:53] | You think? | 你觉得吗? |
[19:55] | Something special tomorrow? | 明天有特别的事吗? |
[19:56] | Adam Galloway’s coming down from New York. | 亚当盖罗威要从纽约来 |
[19:59] | What for? | 来做什么? |
[20:00] | Because I need some of his photographs for the silent auction at the gala next month. | 因为下个月的无声拍卖慈善会 需要他的一些照片 |
[20:08] | You speak to Remy yet? | 和瑞米说了吗? |
[20:10] | I haven’t. | 还没有 |
[20:14] | If you want to look inviting, wear the black one. | 如果你想看起来比较迷人 穿黑色那件 |
[20:20] | Hello. | 你好 |
[20:23] | Okay. Great. Thanks. | 好的,很好,谢谢 |
[20:33] | Adam? | 亚当? |
[20:41] | How is it the world keeps spinning and you manage to stay ahead of it? | 你是用什么方法保持的? |
[20:48] | -David’s on board with this? -lt was his idea. | – 大卫同意了吗? – 是他的想法 |
[20:51] | Then why isn’t he here? | 为什么他不在? |
[20:52] | Well, we have to be careful until it’s a done deal. | 我们在完成以前要很小心 |
[20:54] | -I don’t know, Frank. -Think about it, Terry. | – 我不确定,法兰 – 想一想吧,泰利 |
[20:56] | You could become the first African-American majority leader | 你可能成为美国国会首位 |
[20:59] | in the United States Congress. | 黑人多数党领袖 |
[21:02] | Let’s make some history. | 我们一起创造历史 |
[21:05] | You don’t care about history. | 你不在乎历史 |
[21:07] | You just wanted me because I can round up the votes. | 你找我只是因为 我能帮你拿到足够的选票 |
[21:09] | I need the votes, and I do care about history, | 我需要选票,也在乎历史 |
[21:12] | but most importantly, Terry, you know how to lead. | 但最重要的是,泰利 你知道怎么当多数党领袖 |
[21:16] | You’re the head of the Black Caucus for a reason. | 你是黑人核心小组召集人 是有原因的 |
[21:20] | So David becomes speaker, I become majority leader… | 大卫成为发言人 我成为多数党领袖… |
[21:22] | And I stay on as Whip. | 我继续当党鞭 |
[21:23] | Why don’t you want majority leader for yourself? | 为什么你自己 不想当多数党领袖? |
[21:26] | I’m satisfied where I am. | 我对现在的情况很满意 |
[21:27] | Maybe one day, when you become Speaker, you’ll bump me up. | 也许有一天当你成为发言人 你会升我的官 |
[21:31] | This is the sort of thing that there’s no turning back. | 这种事情是无法回头的 |
[21:34] | I can throw a cherry on top. | 我能锦上添花 |
[21:38] | McCuddin stays open. | 麦卡汀基地不会关闭 |
[21:41] | How? | 怎么会? |
[21:43] | You don’t want to know how. | 你不会想知道 |
[21:44] | You just want the headline when you keep 3,000 jobs in your district. | 你只要保留选区三千个工作 就会上头条 |
[21:51] | -12 votes? -12 votes. | – 12票? – 12票 |
[21:53] | I can get you 10, probably 11. | 我可以给你10到11票 |
[21:56] | It’s so refreshing to work with someone who will throw a saddle on a gift horse | 跟一个识货的人合作真爽快 |
[21:59] | rather than look it in the mouth. | 比不懂的人好太多了 |
[22:10] | That’s nice. | 不错 |
[22:19] | I found her in a village outside Amravati. | 我在安拉瓦提市郊的村子 找到她的 |
[22:22] | Her name was Tyala. | 她叫泰伊拉 |
[22:24] | She died three weeks after I took that picture. | 我拍下那张照片三周后 她就过世了 |
[22:26] | That’s awful. | 真可怜 |
[22:28] | You can have them all if you like. | 你如果喜欢能全拿走 |
[22:31] | I love your hair short. | 我喜欢你剪短发 |
[22:37] | You have plans tonight? | 今晚有事吗? |
[22:40] | No. | 没有 |
[22:42] | Is Frank expecting you home? | 法兰会在家吗? |
[22:44] | I’m sure he’ll be home late. | 我相信他会很晚回家 |
[22:46] | Get dinner with me. | 一起吃晚饭 |
[22:49] | What time is your train? | 你搭几点的火车? |
[22:51] | I don’t book round-trip tickets. | 我只买单程票 |
[22:56] | It’s going to be a while before I can leave. | 我没有那么快下班 |
[22:58] | What time will you be done? | 你几点会做完? |
[23:02] | Probably around 8:00. | 大概8点左右 |
[23:05] | I’ll pick a place, let you know. | 我会选个地方,再跟你说 |
[23:22] | David. | 大卫 |
[23:24] | How are you, Joe? | 你好吗,乔? |
[23:26] | I’m behind you. Let’s do this. | 我支持你,就这么做吧 |
[23:28] | Do what? | 做什么? |
[23:31] | Keep your cards close. I like that. | 不给人看你的底牌,我喜欢 |
[24:17] | Hi. Yeah. This is room 1 214. | 你好,这是1214号房 |
[24:21] | I’d like a bottle of the Weinbach, please. | 我想点一瓶温巴赫 |
[24:27] | Yeah. Actually, could you make that two bottles? | 对,两瓶好了 |
[24:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[24:33] | Sit down. You’re making me nervous. | 坐吧,你让我很紧张 |
[24:41] | -You still smoke? -From time to time, yes. | – 你还在抽烟? – 偶尔 |
[24:46] | I quit. These are an illusion. | 我戒了,这是假象 |
[24:51] | -You want? -Sure. | – 你要吗? – 好的 |
[25:56] | What? | 怎么了? |
[25:59] | Not now. | 现在不行 |
[26:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:02] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[26:05] | -I just…assumed… -I know. | – 我以为… – 我知道 |
[26:09] | We can’t start this again. | 我们不能再这样 |
[26:11] | When I end something, I end it. | 当我结束一件事 就是彻底了结 |
[26:14] | So why’d you have me come all the way down from New York? | 你为什么要我大老远 从纽约过来? |
[26:18] | It was a mistake. | 这是一个错误 |
[26:22] | I’m sorry, Adam. I should’ve kept it business. | 对不起,亚当 我应该公事公办的 |
[26:27] | Side of you I like the least. | 我最不喜欢你那一面 |
[26:41] | There are no mistakes, Claire. | 没有错误,克莱儿 |
[26:59] | -Hi. -Hello. | – 你好 – 你好 |
[27:02] | More wine? | 再来一点酒? |
[27:08] | How was your day? | 你今天好吗? |
[27:11] | -Good. -Adam well? | – 很好 – 亚当呢? |
[27:14] | He is. | 他也很好 |
[27:16] | We just had dinner. | 我们刚刚一起吃饭 |
[27:22] | I emailed Remy on the way home. | 我在回家的路上 写了电子邮件给瑞米 |
[27:25] | I told him I’m not taking the money. | 我跟他说我不要钱 |
[27:32] | Thank you. I appreciate that this was not easy. | 谢谢,我知道这很不容易 |
[27:36] | Well, we don’t like easy, do we? | 我们不喜欢容易的事,对吗? |
[27:38] | All the evidence would suggest it. | 所有的证据都如此 |
[27:42] | Is it all right if the Holburns come over for dinner Wednesday night? | 霍本夫妇周三 可以来家里吃晚饭吗? |
[27:44] | I want Felicity to buy some tables for the gala. | 我想请费莉丝 为慈善会买些桌子 |
[27:47] | Yeah, of course. | 当然好啊 |
[27:49] | I’m going to need Congressmen and senators there. | 我需要议员跟参议员来 |
[27:52] | -You need to call in favors. -Done. | – 你要动用人脉 – 没问题 |
[27:54] | Not a few, a lot. | 要很多人 |
[27:56] | I’ll start making calls in the morning. | 我明早会开始连络 |
[27:59] | Adam donated 10 photographs. | 亚当捐了十幅照片 |
[28:02] | That was generous of him. | 他很大方 |
[28:07] | He’s staying at the Mandarin. | 他住在东方酒店 |
[28:11] | And you? | 你呢? |
[28:14] | Here. | 这里 |
[28:23] | But the Proving Ground’s importance | 但试验场的重要性 |
[28:25] | stems far beyond its strategic geographic value. | 比策略地理价值要高 |
[28:29] | APG’s research and development of military materiel | 亚伯丁试验场的军事物质研发 |
[28:33] | is central to our nation’s counter-terrorism efforts. | 是我国反恐努力的中心 |
[28:36] | The base houses research laboratories for preventative medicine | 基地里有预防性药物的 研究实验室 |
[28:40] | as well as a wide variety of training grounds for military personnel. | 也有军职人员的各种训练场 |
[28:44] | APG is also a job creator. | 亚伯丁试验场 也创造了很多工作 |
[28:47] | It provides $400 million in payroll annually, | 一年提供四亿的薪资 |
[28:51] | and nearly $500 million in contracts. | 还有将近五亿的合约 |
[28:55] | Thank you for the opportunity to testify before you today. | 谢谢你今天 给我这个作证的机会 |
[28:58] | Any questions for the Congresswoman from Maryland? | 马里兰议员有任何问题吗? |
[29:01] | No. | 没有 |
[29:03] | Those in favor of removing the Aberdeen Proving Ground | 赞成亚伯丁试验场 |
[29:06] | from the list of closures? | 不须关闭的人? |
[29:08] | -Aye. -Aye. | – 赞成 – 赞成 |
[29:09] | So noted and removed. | 记录下来通过 |
[29:13] | Okay, we’ll next consider the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard. | 接下来我们要讨论 费城海军造船厂 |
[29:17] | Would the congressman from Pennsylvania’s first district | 宾州第一选区议员 |
[29:19] | Iike to offer testimony? | 请出席作证 |
[29:30] | I have no testimony to offer. | 我没有证词 |
[29:39] | Yeah, but the difference that we’re gonna make… | 但是我们会创造不同的… |
[29:41] | Terry, let me call you right back. | 泰利,我待会再回电 |
[29:44] | Terry Womack? | 泰利沃麦克? |
[29:46] | Possibly. | 没错 |
[29:47] | I’ve had three members of the Black Caucus tell me | 三位黑人核心小组的成员 告诉我 |
[29:49] | they’re backing my play for the speakership. | 要支持我当发言人 |
[29:52] | -lnteresting. -I have a sense | – 很有趣 – 我觉得 |
[29:53] | you’ve been disseminating some misinformation. | 你在散播一些不实谣言 |
[29:56] | No. I’m afraid it’s you who are misinformed, David. | 恐怕是你听到不实消息,大卫 |
[29:58] | You don’t have three members backing you. You have 10. | 不只有三位成员支持你 而是十位 |
[30:02] | I made it very clear I didn’t want any part of this. | 我跟你说得很清楚 我不愿意�这个浑水 |
[30:04] | Yes, you made it crystal clear. | 你说得很清楚 |
[30:06] | Then why are you telling people? | 那你为什么乱说话? |
[30:07] | Because they don’t know you made it crystal clear. | 因为他们不知道你说得很清楚 |
[30:09] | I have to go to Bob with this. | 我必须跟鲍伯说 |
[30:11] | He’ll think you organized a coup, | 他会认为你安排一场政变 |
[30:13] | got cold feet, and are making me the scapegoat. | 打了退堂鼓,然后让我顶罪 |
[30:17] | David, if I pick up this phone right now | 大卫,如果我现在拿起电话 |
[30:19] | and leak this story, | 把消息传出去 |
[30:21] | Bob will have no choice but to drop you, | 鲍伯只能让你走人 |
[30:24] | even if he believes your version of events. | 就算他会相信你的说法 |
[30:30] | You wanna take a seat? | 你要坐吗? |
[30:36] | -Freddy? -Yeah, Frank? | – 弗莱迪? – 什么事,法兰? |
[30:38] | You better make it a half order. I got a big dinner tonight. | 你做一半就好 我今晚吃了很多 |
[30:41] | Sure thing. | 没问题 |
[30:43] | -Slaw? You got it. -Always. | – 甘蓝沙拉?好的 – 照旧 |
[30:51] | Here you go. | 拿去吧 |
[30:55] | So, what’s the latest? | 有什么新闻吗? |
[30:56] | You know, Frank. Same old shit. | 没什么,还是老样子 |
[30:59] | Almost got killed last weekend. | 上周末差点没命 |
[31:01] | -Here? -No. | – 这里? – 不是 |
[31:02] | State fair down in Virginia. | 维吉尼亚州的州展 |
[31:04] | Me and my brother hauling this smoker down there, | 我跟我哥搬这个烤箱过去 |
[31:07] | and this fucking minivan had a fridge strapped on top. | 一辆该死的小卡车 把一台冰箱绑在车顶 |
[31:10] | A fridge strapped on top of a minivan, Frank. | 把一台冰箱 绑在小卡车的车顶,法兰 |
[31:13] | -That’s stupid. -Well, that fridge slipped loose. | – 太愚蠢了 – 结果冰箱松滑 |
[31:16] | Right in front of us. I had to swerve to the left. Barely missed it. | 就掉在我们面前 我紧急左转,差点就撞到了 |
[31:19] | But now that smoker is fishtailing, almost hit a hatchback in the next lane. | 然后我们的烤箱开始晃动 差点砸到旁边的掀背车 |
[31:24] | Swerved to the right. Barely missed that, too. | 紧急右转,也差点撞到 |
[31:26] | -Jesus. -Man, it was real. | – 老天 – 是真的 |
[31:28] | But, you know, that’s why God gave us reflexes. | 这就是上帝 赐给我们本能反应的原因 |
[31:31] | So we can move the fuck out of the way when a fridge come out of nowhere. | 才能紧急躲开 突然砸下来的冰箱 |
[31:36] | -How are them ribs? -You know how they are. | – 肋排如何? – 你知道的 |
[31:39] | -You know I like to hear it. -Perfection, Freddy. | – 你知道我爱听 – 完美,弗莱迪 |
[31:42] | Perfection. | 完美 |
[31:44] | -You go on ahead, Frank. -Thank you, Freddy. | – 好好享用,法兰 – 谢谢,弗莱迪 |
[31:49] | Well, this is a surprise. | 真是出乎意料 |
[31:50] | -You usually text. -Where are you? | – 你通常会传简讯 – 你在哪里? |
[31:52] | On the other side of the tracks trying to find the meaning of life. | 在贫民区 试着找寻生命的意义 |
[31:56] | Find anything for me? | 有找到我要的吗? |
[31:58] | You mean anything newsworthy? | 你是说有新闻价值的事? |
[32:00] | I actually didn’t call to badger you. | 我不是打来烦你的 |
[32:02] | Yes, you did, but that’s part ofyour charm. | 你的确有 但是还蛮讨人喜欢的 |
[32:05] | No. I wanted to tell you that | 我是要告诉你 |
[32:09] | I’ve been promoted to White House correspondent. | 我升职担任白宫记者 |
[32:17] | I’ll have to travel with the press corps, be at briefings, | 我会跟媒体记者团一起行动 参加简报 |
[32:20] | but I can work around all that. | 但是我可以想办法 |
[32:23] | If you need me. It won’t change anything. | 如果你需要我的话 不会有任何改变 |
[32:25] | On the contrary. This changes everything. | 刚好相反,这改变一切 |
[32:28] | No. I can be flexible. | 不会,我可以适应 |
[32:30] | I’m not interested in someone who’s flexible, I’m interested in someone who’s available. | 我不需要会适应的人 我要有时间的人 |
[32:34] | So you think I should turn it down? | 我应该拒绝吗? |
[32:36] | That’s entirely up to you. | 那是你的决定 |
[32:38] | Well, I mean, it’s not official yet. | 还没正式宣布 |
[32:40] | -I could… -Look, I’ve got to go, | – 我能… – 我要走了 |
[32:42] | but call me, you know, if you find yourself available again. | 但如果你有时间,再打给我 |
[32:51] | You see, Freddy believes that if a fridge falls off a minivan, | 弗莱迪相信 如果冰箱从小卡车滑下来 |
[32:54] | you better swerve out of its way. | 你最好闪开 |
[32:56] | I believe it’s the fridge’s job to swerve out of mine. | 我相信是冰箱要闪我 |
[33:08] | Hey, Janine… | 你好,珍妮… |
[33:10] | Keep walking, Zoe. I really don’t want to talk to you right now. | 继续往前走,乔伊 我现在不想跟你说话 |
[33:13] | It’s not like I asked him for it. He just called me into his office, and… | 我没有要求他 他直接把我叫进办公室… |
[33:16] | Please. You’ve been gunning for my job | 拜托,你一直觊觎我的工作 |
[33:18] | since the day you bounced in here with a lollipop in your mouth. | 从你第一天含着棒棒糖 来上班开始 |
[33:21] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[33:23] | I’ll send you a bottle of champagne from the Middle West, | 我会从中西部送你一瓶香槟 |
[33:25] | wherever the fuck that is. | 管他那是什么地方 |
[33:27] | I’m gonna turn it down. You don’t have to leave. | 我会拒绝这份工作 你不用离开 |
[33:30] | Are you trying to rub this in or something? | 你是想炫耀吗? |
[33:31] | Please believe me. You should be in the White House. | 请相信我,你才应该在白宫 |
[33:34] | I don’t want it. I never did. | 我不想要,我从来都不想要 |
[33:38] | I was hoping we could go see Tom together. | 希望我们可以一起去找汤姆 |
[33:40] | -I want him to know that we both… -Get the fuck out of my face. | – 我要他知道我们都… – 快走开 |
[33:43] | I’m asking. For real. I don’t want the job. | 我真心请求你 我不想要这份工作 |
[33:46] | Then you’re an even bigger idiot than I thought you were. | 那你真的比我想的还笨 |
[33:48] | Go. Before I get violent. | 在我发火前快走 |
[34:10] | Peter? | 彼得? |
[34:16] | Hello? | 有人吗? |
[34:20] | Hi. My name is Christina. I work with your dad. | 你好,我是克里丝汀娜 我跟你爸爸一起工作 |
[34:24] | -He’s not here. -Where’d he go? | – 他不在 – 他去哪里? |
[34:26] | I don’t know. He said he’d be back in a little while. | 我不知道 他说他一会儿就回来 |
[34:30] | When was that? | 什么时候走的? |
[34:32] | When he dropped us home from school. | 在他接我们放学回家后 |
[34:36] | He left his phone here. | 他忘了拿手机 |
[34:39] | Are you Dad’s girlfriend? | 你是我爸的女朋友吗? |
[34:42] | No. No. I work for your dad. | 不是,我跟你爸一起工作 |
[34:46] | Then why do you have the keys to his apartment? | 那你为什么有他的公寓钥匙? |
[34:50] | Will you make us Pop-Tarts? | 你会做果酱馅饼吗? |
[34:56] | It was just sublime, Claire. | 真是太美味了,克莱儿 |
[34:58] | -Thank you. -I don’t think I’ll eat for a week. | – 谢谢 – 我会撑上一周 |
[35:00] | Does that mean no room for dessert? | 那是表示不想吃甜点了? |
[35:03] | I’d love to, but none for me. | 我很想,不过吃不下了 |
[35:05] | Why don’t you and I head downstairs for a little brandy and some cigars? | 我跟你到楼下喝点白兰地 抽点雪茄 |
[35:09] | Cubans? | 古巴的吗? |
[35:10] | You don’t think I smoke anything legal, do you? | 你不会以为我只有合法的吧? |
[35:14] | -Dessert for you? -No. No, thanks. | – 甜点? – 不了,谢谢 |
[35:16] | But I will take a refill of this Chardonnay, though. | 但我可以再来一点香槟 |
[35:18] | Of course. This is almost out. I’ll grab another. | 当然,快没有了,我再去拿 |
[35:37] | I hate how they just hit you like that with no warning. | 我很讨厌那种没有警告 忽然就发生的感觉 |
[35:41] | You get night sweats, too? | 你也会盗汗吗? |
[35:48] | This is very new to me. | 最近开始的 |
[35:51] | Does Frank know? | 法兰知道吗? |
[35:53] | I haven’t… We haven’t… No. | 我还没…我们还没…不知道 |
[35:58] | I’m sorry. We don’t have to talk about this. | 对不起,我们不用谈这些 |
[36:00] | No. It’s fine. I’m just… | 没关系,我只是… |
[36:04] | It’s fine. I feel better now. | 没关系,我好多了 |
[36:07] | -Could I have a little bit more? -Sure. | – 可以再一点吗? – 当然 |
[36:10] | -Just say when. -Charles is driving tonight, so… | – 看你要多少 – 查理斯今晚要开车… |
[36:13] | And when. | 够了 |
[36:17] | -Cheers. -Cheers. | – 干杯 – 干杯 |
[36:23] | So, you mentioned, when you invited me, the CWl. | 你邀请我时 有提到净水创权的事 |
[36:26] | You’re having a gala and launching some new… | 你要办慈善会发表新的… |
[36:29] | Yes, that’s right. | 没错 |
[36:30] | We just brought on this brilliant young woman | 有个精明能干的年轻女性 |
[36:32] | who’s going to help us expand our efforts overseas. | 会帮我们拓展海外计划 |
[36:36] | Claire, I will save you the trouble. | 克莱儿,我就直说了 |
[36:38] | Charles and I would be delighted to contribute. | 查理斯和我很希望能帮忙 |
[36:41] | Well, that’s very generous ofyou, Felicity. | 费莉丝,你真大方 |
[36:43] | Well, you were such a darling, getting us tickets to the Jefferson Ball. | 你也很贴心 给我们杰弗逊晚宴的入场券 |
[36:46] | -That was nothing. -lt wasn’t nothing. | – 那没什么 – 才不是的 |
[36:49] | It was… | 那是… |
[36:50] | People in this town don’t go out of their way to be nice to each other. | 这个城市的人 不会无缘无故对人家好 |
[36:55] | Fourteen years Charles and l have been here, and… | 查理斯和我在这里14年了… |
[36:58] | Anyway, | 不论怎么说 |
[37:00] | I’m grateful to have a friend. | 我很高兴有个朋友 |
[37:06] | How much do you need? | 你需要多少? |
[37:19] | Christina, what the fuck are you doing here? | 克里丝汀娜 你在这里做什么? |
[37:21] | They’re sleeping. | 他们睡了 |
[37:31] | Peter. | 彼得 |
[38:22] | -Hey, Dad. -Hey, kiddo. | – 爸爸 – 孩子 |
[38:24] | Would you take your brother downstairs? | 你可以带弟弟上楼吗? |
[38:26] | -I’ll be there in a second. -Okay. Bye, Dad. | – 我马上来 – 拜拜,爸爸 |
[38:29] | -Bye. -Bye? Where they going? | – 拜 – 拜?他们要去哪里? |
[38:32] | I’m taking them to their grandmother’s. | 我要带他们到奶奶家 |
[38:35] | I was able to get ahold of Madeleine, and I told her… | 我找到麦德琳,告诉她… |
[38:37] | Fuck. You didn’t tell her? | 你没有跟她说吧? |
[38:39] | No, I didn’t. But I should have. | 没有,不过我应该要说的 |
[38:43] | I told her that you had to travel for work, | 我跟她说你要出公差 |
[38:45] | which is the last time I ever lie for you. | 这是我最后一次帮你说谎 |
[38:49] | Look… | 听着… |
[38:51] | What happened, Peter? | 怎么回事,彼得? |
[38:53] | I’m sorry about the BRAC hearing. | 基地重组与关闭听证会的事 我很抱歉 |
[38:56] | Fuck the BRAC hearing. What about your kids? | 别管那件事 你的小孩怎么办? |
[39:03] | After I drop them off, I’m done. | 我送他们过去就不管了 |
[39:04] | I am no longer your girlfriend. I no longer work for you. | 我不再是你的女朋友 也不再为你工作 |
[39:07] | No. Hey, Christina… | 克里丝汀娜… |
[39:09] | I don’t want to hear it, Peter. There’s no excuse this time. | 我不要听,彼得 这次没有藉口 |
[39:19] | -I don’t have much time, Frank. -I’ll make it short. | – 我没有多少时间,法兰 – 我会简短地说 |
[39:22] | -The President? -No. The speakership. | – 是总统吗? – 不是,发言人的职务 |
[39:24] | David’s making a play. | 大卫想当 |
[39:26] | -What? -He came to me for support. | – 什么? – 他来找我支持 |
[39:28] | My first thought was to tell you right away, | 我本来想跟你说的 |
[39:29] | but then my second thought was to ignore my first thought, | 但是后来我想那样不妥 |
[39:32] | because we have the votes, Bob. | 因为我们有选票,鲍伯 |
[39:35] | If there had been a party revolt, I would’ve known about it. | 如果有党员反叛,我会知道的 |
[39:37] | We don’t need the whole party to revolt. We need 13… | 我们不需要整个党都反叛 只要13位… |
[39:40] | Thirteen Democrats, plus the other side of the aisle. | 13位自由党员 加上我们这边的人 |
[39:42] | Are you out of your mind? | 你疯了吗? |
[39:44] | People have been asking me that a lot lately. I’m inclined to start saying yes. | 最近大家都问我那个问题 我觉得有可能 |
[39:48] | Who are they, the 13? | 是哪13个人? |
[39:50] | David and I are two, Terry Womack, | 大卫和我就两张票了 泰利沃麦克 |
[39:52] | and 10 members of the Black Caucus make another 11. | 还有黑人核心小组10位成员 刚好11个人 |
[39:55] | Is the President behind this? | 总统也支持吗? |
[39:56] | No. He doesn’t have a clue. | 他不知道 |
[39:58] | This was David’s plan executed by me. | 这是大卫的计划由我来执行 |
[40:00] | But there is an out for you, Bob. | 但对你有好处,鲍伯 |
[40:03] | I can sway Womack either way | 我可以控制沃麦克 |
[40:05] | as long as you make him the next majority leader. | 只要你让他当上 下届多数党领袖 |
[40:09] | And… | 还有… |
[40:11] | -The Education Bill. -Now we’re on the same page. | – 教育提案 – 现在我们有共识了 |
[40:13] | I can’t do that. You know I can’t. | 你知道我不能这样做 |
[40:16] | You’re the Speaker, Bob. You can do anything you’d like. | 你是发言人,鲍伯 你能只手遮天 |
[40:19] | And I have to say, appointing the first African-American majority leader, | 老实说,指派首位 黑人多数党领袖 |
[40:24] | why, that isn’t a bad legacy to have. | 是个不错的成就 |
[40:28] | I’m sorry. I changed my mind. | 对不起,我改变主意了 |
[40:31] | I thought about it, and… | 我有考虑过… |
[40:32] | Thinking about it was what those two days were for. | 我给了你两天考虑 |
[40:35] | And then I thought about it some more, and I realized l… | 我有多考虑了一些 我发现我… |
[40:37] | Jesus Christ, you’re fucking unbelievable. | 天啊,你真的不可理喻 |
[40:40] | Look, Tom, I appreciate the fact that you took a chance on me, but… | 汤姆,我很感谢你 给我机会,但… |
[40:43] | No, I don’t think you do. I don’t think you appreciate anything. | 我不觉得你有任何感谢 |
[40:47] | I think you’re an ungrateful, self-entitled little… | 你是一个不懂感恩 自视甚高的小… |
[40:51] | Little what? | 小什么? |
[40:53] | Little what, Tom? Say it. | 小什么,汤姆?说啊 |
[40:55] | Cunt. You’re a cunt. | 婊子,你是个婊子 |
[41:03] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[41:05] | Don’t you dare… | 你不要太过分… |
[41:06] | You don’t even know what I’m typing. | 你根本不知道我在打什么 |
[41:09] | -Get out, Zoe. -Just a second. I’m almost done. | – 滚出去,乔伊 – 再一会儿,马上就好 |
[41:12] | Get out. You’re fired. | 滚出去,你被开除了 |
[41:14] | Whatever you have to tell yourself, Tom. | 不过你想如何自我安慰,汤姆 |
[41:17] | Get out! | 滚出去! |
[41:20] | So should I press send? | 我该不该送出去? |
[41:23] | I think I should. | 我觉得应该要 |
[41:27] | Call me whatever you want, | 随你叫我什么都好 |
[41:29] | but you should remember, these days, | 但是你应该要记得,这个时代 |
[41:31] | when you’re talking to one person, you’re talking to a 1,000. | 当你跟一个人说话 就是跟一千个人说 |
[41:50] | Well, you’ll say you wanted to spend more time | 你会说你要多花一点时间 |
[41:53] | focusing on your home district. | 专注在你的选区 |
[41:55] | You’ll say Womack is the right man to fill your shoes. | 你会说沃麦克 是很适合的接棒人选 |
[41:58] | You won’t make waves. You won’t do interviews. | 你不会制造新闻 也不会接受采访 |
[42:01] | You’ll suck it up and be a team player. | 你会默默接受当一个合群者 |
[42:05] | This was Frank’s idea. | 这是法兰的点子 |
[42:06] | I told you he was gonna try to blame me on it. | 我就说他会嫁祸我 |
[42:08] | Ask around. Talk to Womack. | 去找沃麦克谈 |
[42:09] | I did. He said you came to him. | 谈过了,他说你去找他的 |
[42:11] | He’s fucking lying, Bob! I would never… | 他在说谎,鲍伯!我从来… |
[42:14] | Shut up, David. | 闭嘴,大卫 |
[42:16] | Do you understand how you’re to behave when we make the announcement? | 你明白我们宣布时 你该怎么做吗? |
[42:21] | And if I don’t play along? | 要是我不配合呢? |
[42:22] | Then the DCCC will pour everything it’s got | 那民主党国会竞选委员会 就会把所有资源 |
[42:25] | into your primary opponent’s campaign next cycle. | 投入你下届选举的竞争对手 |
[42:28] | We’ll cleave you from the herd and watch you die in the wilderness. | 我们会孤立你 然后看着你自生自灭 |
[42:34] | Tell us now, David. | 告诉我们你的决定,大卫 |
[42:44] | If you think it’s best, Robert. | 如果你觉得这样最好,罗伯特 |
[42:47] | And just think, he could have been a wolf. | 想想看 他可能是披着羊皮的狼 |
[43:23] | You made yourself available. | 你抽出时间了 |
[43:25] | I quit. Fuck that place. | 我不做了,那个烂报社 |
[43:29] | It was a prison. I’m free now. | 像个监牢一样,我现在自由了 |
[43:32] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[43:34] | Where are you? | 你在哪里? |
[43:35] | -ln a car. -So am l. | – 在车上 – 我也是 |
[43:37] | Where you headed? | 你要去哪里? |
[43:39] | -Home. -So am l. | – 回家 – 我也是 |
[43:42] | To your home or mine? | 去你家还是我家? |
[43:44] | Is that an invitation? | 你在邀请我吗? |
[43:45] | It’s whatever you want it to be. | 随便你想 |
[43:47] | -You sound tipsy. -I am. | – 你好像喝醉了 – 对 |
[43:50] | I just spent the last two hours drinking Long lsland lced Teas. | 我刚喝了两小时的长岛冰茶 |
[43:56] | What’s your address? | 你的地址是什么? |
[45:03] | Do your parents know you live like this? | 你的父母知道 你过这样的生活吗? |
[45:06] | No. They haven’t visited. | 不知道,他们没来看过我 |
[45:11] | Are you cared for? | 有人照顾你吗? |
[45:13] | How do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[45:14] | Do you have a man who cares for you? | 有男人照顾你吗? |
[45:18] | -An older man. -No. | – 上了年纪的男人 – 没有 |
[45:22] | But you’ve been with older men before? | 你跟上了年纪的男人交往过? |
[45:25] | Yes. | 对 |
[45:27] | Then you know they hurt you, | 在他们伤害你之后 |
[45:30] | and after they hurt you, | 你知道他们伤害过你 |
[45:32] | they discard you. | 他们抛弃你 |
[45:35] | You can’t hurt me. | 你不能伤害我 |
[45:39] | Take your heels off. | 脱掉你的高跟鞋 |