时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | -What do you think of Darren Jarvis? -At CBS? | – 你觉得戴伦贾维怎样? – CBS的? |
[00:04] | He wants me to be a correspondent. | 他想要我当记者 |
[00:05] | It’s not worth your time. | 别浪费时间 |
[00:08] | What about Greer Fisher, at MSNBC? | 那MSNBC的葛利费雪呢? |
[00:10] | Stick to writing, do TV on the side. You’re more than a talking head. | 继续写作,电视当副业 你当主播太可惜了 |
[00:17] | -How about Slugline? -What’s Slugline? | – 《头条报导》如何? – 《头条报导》? |
[00:20] | If I said Politico wanted to hire me, what would you say? | 如果《政治新闻网》想雇用我 你觉得呢? |
[00:24] | I would say that that piques my interest. | 这倒是让我很感兴趣 |
[00:25] | Six months from now, Slugline will be what Politico was a year and half ago. | 不出六个月, 《头条报导》会成为 一年半前的《政治新闻网》 |
[00:30] | Everyone at Politico reads it | 《政治新闻网》的人都会看 |
[00:31] | because Slugline’s breaking stories before they are. | 因为《头条报导》的特报 比他们快 |
[00:33] | I wonder why I’ve never heard of it. | 我怎么没听过这份杂志 |
[00:34] | Everyone’s a free agent. | 人人是自由撰稿 |
[00:36] | And they write whatever they want, wherever they are. | 不论人在何处 都能写出心中想法 |
[00:38] | Most people write from their phones. | 大多人用手机撰稿 |
[00:40] | Well, if freedom and exposure are what they’re offering, | 如果他们能提供自由与曝光度 |
[00:43] | I would say that is a meeting worth taking. | 你该和他们会会面 |
[00:46] | This Hammerschmidt thing is blowing up. | 翰默史密事件爆发了 |
[00:49] | I think he might get fired. | 我觉得他会被开除 |
[00:51] | There’s got to be a thousand tweets here… | 这里有上千条推文… |
[00:52] | People defending me, people trashing me. | 有人�I卫我,有人诋毁我 |
[00:55] | There’s even a hashtag, GoZoe. | 还有人写标签说,乔伊加油 |
[01:01] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[01:03] | -We mustn’t leave any trails. -All of my contacts were in there. | – 不能留下线索 – 我全部的连络人都在里面 |
[01:05] | Then it’s time for you to get some new contacts. | 那你该去找新的连络人了 |
[01:13] | Don’t worry. I’ll get you a phone. I’ll get you two, in fact. | 别担心,我会给你手机 其实我会给你两支 |
[01:15] | One for work and a burner for play. Expect them this afternoon. | 一个工作用,一个拿来玩游戏 下午就会送来 |
[01:21] | And… Go, Zoe. | 还有…加油,乔伊 |
[03:36] | -The reporter? -Yes. | – 记者? – 对 |
[03:41] | Just this once? | 就这一次? |
[03:46] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[03:49] | What does she offer us? | 她能给我们什么? |
[03:52] | A mouthpiece, when we need one. She’s been very useful so far. | 必要时她可以为我们传话 目前为止,她很有帮助 |
[03:56] | -What does she want? -Access. | – 她要什么? – 门路 |
[03:57] | A seat at the table. | 地位 |
[03:59] | Sounds like she’s getting the better side of the bargain. | 听起来她占有优势 |
[04:03] | She can be controlled. | 我能控制她 |
[04:05] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗? |
[04:06] | She can. I promise you. | 会的,我保证 |
[04:09] | Okay, if you say so. | 好吧,既然你这么说 |
[04:12] | The moment you want me to end it… | 只要你要我结束… |
[04:13] | I know, Francis. | 我知道,法兰斯 |
[04:19] | I should get ready for work. | 我该准备上班了 |
[04:34] | Hey… | 你好… |
[04:35] | I didn’t think you’d be in until later. | 我以为你晚点才会进办公室 |
[04:38] | This is your agenda for the day. Here’s your schedule for the rest of the week. | 这是你今天的行程表 这是你这周的计划表 |
[04:41] | These are papers that need to be approved or signed. | 这些是需要核准或签名的文件 |
[04:43] | Over here are your one-sheets for committee meetings | 这里是你委员会会议的提纲 |
[04:46] | and briefs on upcoming legislative action. | 还有接下来的立法行动简报 |
[04:49] | I filled Ashley in. She can cover until you find a replacement. | 我交代艾希莉了 在你找到新人前,她可以代班 |
[05:01] | Christina. | 克里丝汀娜 |
[05:03] | What? | 怎么了? |
[05:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:10] | For getting all this in order. | 把这些整理好 |
[05:17] | Ashley can call me ifyou have any questions about what’s on your desk. | 如果你对桌上的文件有疑问 艾希莉可以打电话给我 |
[05:25] | -He here yet? -I put him in your office. | – 他到了没? – 我安排他到你办公室 |
[05:33] | Marty Spinella. Head lobbyist for the teachers union. | 马帝史皮奈拉 是教师工会的陈情代表 |
[05:36] | He wants to rip my head off and peel it like an orange. | 他恨不得扭断我的头、剥我的皮 |
[05:39] | Why? Because I lied to him. But what choice did I have? | 为什么?因为我对他说谎 但是我有什么选择呢? |
[05:42] | When the truth would have ended the conversation before it began? | 说了真相就别想谈话了 |
[05:45] | -I’ll call you back. -Marty. | – 我会回电 – 马帝 |
[05:49] | You fucking lied, Frank? | 法兰,你撒谎? |
[05:51] | No, no, no. You lie to my fucking face? | 你当着我的面撒谎? |
[05:53] | -Marty, I did not lie. -What do you mean you did not? | – 马帝,我没撒谎 – 什么意思? |
[05:55] | We spent a whole weekend in that room poring over this bill line by line. | 我们花了整整一个周末 逐条讨论这个提案 |
[05:58] | And nowhere did it say anything about collective bargaining. | 根本没提到劳资谈判 |
[06:01] | Let’s calm down and sit down. And we will discuss this. | 冷静点,坐下 我们来讨论吧 |
[06:04] | I will explain everything that’s going on and we will talk it out. | 我会解释一切 开诚布公地说 |
[06:08] | -No matter how long it takes. -No. No more. | – 谈多久都没关系 – 不用了 |
[06:09] | This is gonna be a very short meeting. | 这会是简短的会议 |
[06:11] | ‘Cause only one of two things are going to happen. | 因为只有两条路可走 |
[06:13] | Either you assure me right now that amendment is out, | 一来就是你现在担保 删除那条修正案 |
[06:16] | or I am walking out that door and I am gonna start launching missiles. | 或是我现在就走出去 展开炮轰 |
[06:19] | The amendment was never intended to stay in the bill. | 我本来就不打算 将那条修正案留在提案里 |
[06:22] | It’s just there for leverage. That’s all. | 只是筹码而已 |
[06:23] | You threaten to cut federal funding from union school districts? | 你威胁要删除 工会学区的联邦补助? |
[06:27] | That’s not a poker chip, Frank, that’s a goddamn dirty bomb. | 法兰,那可不是扑克牌筹码 那是天杀的脏弹 |
[06:30] | Look, the amendment is not staying in the bill. | 修正案不会留在提案里 |
[06:36] | I just need you to work with me on performance standards. | 我只需要你和我 一起处理成绩标准 |
[06:39] | Performance standards? | 成绩标准? |
[06:41] | Are you fucking kidding me? You agreed that they were already out. | 你开什么玩笑? 你说过已经删除了 |
[06:44] | -You can’t just put it back in now, Frank. -Marty, look… | – 法兰,不能放回去 – 马帝… |
[06:46] | I have a reputation to uphold. | 我得维护我的名声 |
[06:48] | I am the one that made the union reps stay here for you | 你在盖弗尼玩你的鬼桃子时 |
[06:51] | while you’re in Gaffney playing with your fucking Peachoid. | 是我说服工会代表在这等你 |
[06:54] | -Marty… -You tell me right now, | – 马帝… – 现在说 |
[06:55] | is that amendment in or out? | 会不会删除那个修正案? |
[06:57] | There is a middle ground here, Marty. We just have to find it. | 马帝,这还有妥协之处 我们可以找到的 |
[07:03] | I take that as a no. | 我把这当作是不会 |
[07:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:12] | Marty, do not start a war you know you’re gonna lose. | 马帝,别打明知会输的仗 |
[07:15] | You fuck me, I fuck back. | 你耍我,我就反击 |
[07:22] | Stamper! | 史坦普! |
[07:24] | Marty and l have a good working relationship. | 马帝和我向来合作愉快 |
[07:26] | Or used to. | 或许该说曾经 |
[07:27] | You could see he has a temper, | 看得出他有脾气 |
[07:28] | but I can usually cut through that and reason with him. | 但我通常能消他火气 跟他说理 |
[07:31] | But I may have pushed him too far. Which is worrisome. | 但我可能逼人太甚了 这让人有点担心 |
[07:34] | Friends make the worst enemies. | 朋友会是最可怕的敌人 |
[07:38] | -How’d it go? -What’d you hear? | – 怎么样? – 你听到什么? |
[07:40] | -A lot of fucks. -Well, that pretty much says it. | – 一堆脏话 – 大致就是这样了 |
[07:44] | Let’s think this through… | 我们来想想… |
[07:45] | -No, we’ve got the DNC leadership meeting. -What? | – 还得开民主党全委会领导会议 – 什么? |
[07:48] | I’d say you could skip it, but Birch just dumped it on us. | 本来可以不用参加 但是柏许刚推给我们 |
[07:51] | -When? -It’s here. In 12 minutes. | – 何时? – 12分钟后在这里 |
[07:53] | Why here and not the DNC headquarters? | 为什么不是民主党全委会总部? |
[07:55] | The DNC is doing renovations, they’re gonna be green-energy efficient. | 民主党全委会正在修建 要善用绿能源 |
[07:58] | That’s a charming use of party funds. | 真会运用党基金 |
[08:01] | We’ve only been in this space about three months. | 我们刚搬来这里三个月 |
[08:04] | It’s cool. | 酷 |
[08:05] | Not exactly The Herald, is it? | 和《先躯报》不太像吧? |
[08:07] | -Have you been to those offices? -Yes. | – 你去过那些办公室吗? – 有 |
[08:10] | Wrist-slitting was in order. | 真让人想切腕 |
[08:13] | So, who else is courting you? | 还有谁诱惑过你? |
[08:15] | -A few people. -You mean everyone. | – 一些人 – 你是说大家 |
[08:18] | There were a lot of emails this morning… | 今早是有许多电邮… |
[08:20] | That’s not surprising. | 一点也不令人惊讶 |
[08:22] | You’re having a moment, people are interested. | 你现在正红 大家都对你感兴趣 |
[08:24] | I’m one of them. | 我是其中一个 |
[08:26] | But if eight minutes passes on anything, I get bored. | 但我对一件事的兴致 只有八分钟 |
[08:28] | In eight minutes, I could be bored with you. Unless you keep me interested. | 八分钟后,我可能对你感到厌倦 除非你让我保持兴致 |
[08:32] | I think you can, | 我觉得你办得到 |
[08:34] | and I think this is the place for you to keep the rest of the world interested, too. | 我觉得你在这里 也可以让其他人不断关注你 |
[08:38] | It’s your call. I won’t chase you. | 这是你的决定,我不会逼你 |
[08:40] | I’m definitely tempted… | 我非常感兴趣… |
[08:41] | Take as long as you want to look around. | 尽量走走看看 |
[08:43] | Email me your figure. I’ll call you back with a counter. | 写电邮告诉我你的薪资 我会回信谈价 |
[08:51] | This is our top priority. Ohio, Florida and Pennsylvania. | 这是我们的首要区域 俄亥俄、佛罗里达和宾州 |
[08:56] | We need all of them or Walker’s a one-term president. | 我们全部要拿下 否则沃克只能当一任总统 |
[08:59] | Pennsylvania is why he picked Matthews as a running mate. | 他挑马修担任竞选伙伴 就是为了拿下宾州 |
[09:01] | But now we have to find a replacement. The special election is this November. | 但是我们现在得找替代人选 补选在今年11月 |
[09:06] | Patricia Whittaker. DNC chair. | 派翠西亚惠特克是 民主党全委会的主席 |
[09:08] | A rare example of someone whose head is in the game | 是少数有头脑的人 |
[09:10] | instead of up their backside. | 而不是用屁股思考 |
[09:12] | Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods | 在这圈,有能力的人极为罕见 |
[09:15] | that I appreciate it whenever I see it. | 我极为欣赏有能力的人 |
[09:17] | Now, this also affects the House. | 这也影响到众议院 |
[09:19] | The new Governor will oversee redistricting. | 新州长会监督重划选区 |
[09:21] | We lose seats here, | 我们若在这失去席位 |
[09:22] | that means we could lose our majority in Washington. | 就可能在华府失去多数 |
[09:24] | Well, the RNC is backing Jack Swofford, ex-mayor of Pittsburgh. | 共和党全委会支持 匹兹堡前任市长杰克史沃佛特 |
[09:27] | He’s got state-wide name recognition and campaign machinery in place… | 他拥有全州知名度 竞选机制完全到位… |
[09:31] | It’s been three months and we don’t have dick. | 三个月已过 我们还没找到匹敌的人选 |
[09:34] | What about the A.G.? Ben Pluckett? | 司法部长班普鲁克呢? |
[09:36] | No, Ben’s got his eyes set on the Senate in ’14. | 班将重心放在 2014年的参议院选举 |
[09:38] | Yeah, which he’ll lose because he botched a sex offender sting last year. | 但是他去年搞砸性犯罪提案 所以他会输 |
[09:42] | -Well, there’s always McHolland. -He’s 78. | – 还可以找麦克哈伦 – 他78岁了 |
[09:44] | When’s the last time he held office? When Carter was president? | 上次他任职是卡特当总统时? |
[09:46] | Reagan, but same difference. | 雷根,不过差不多 |
[09:48] | Well, he has dignity. He has gravitas. | 他有尊严、分量 |
[09:50] | I mean, if you need someone to fill Matthews’ shoes… | 若要找人替代马修… |
[09:52] | You can’t fill Jim Matthews’ shoes. So we shouldn’t even try. | 没人可取代吉姆马修 所以我们别试了 |
[09:55] | We need a fresh face. | 我们需要新面孔 |
[09:57] | The state has a weak bench. | 这州没什么人才 |
[09:59] | Well, let’s go through all the sitting Congressmen one by one, | 那我们就从现任国会议员 一个一个地看 |
[10:01] | and see if anybody sticks out from the crowd. | 看是否有人脱颖而出 |
[10:02] | All right. I got the list right here. | 好吧,我这里有名单 |
[10:04] | Okay. Go ahead. | 好吧,开始 |
[10:05] | Pennsylvania’s first district, Peter Russo. | 宾州第一选区的彼得鲁索 |
[10:08] | Cross him off. He’s no good. No experience. No chops. | 划掉,他不够好 没经验,能力一般 |
[10:11] | Okay, moving on. Second district, Gwendolyn Pierce. | 好吧,继续 第二选区的关多林皮尔斯 |
[10:14] | Gwen’s too controversial. Very vocal on abortion… | 关太多争议 对堕胎议题直言不讳… |
[10:17] | -And, Caroline? -She’s good. | – 卡罗琳呢? – 她很好 |
[10:19] | -Yeah? How’re the boys? -All fuckin’ four of them? | – 孩子们好吗? – 你问他们四个? |
[10:22] | You feed ’em. | 你填饱四张嘴试试 |
[10:23] | You got any pictures? On your phone? | 手机里有照片吗? |
[10:26] | Come on. Let’s cut the shit, Pete, will ya? What are we gonna do about the shipyard? | 拜托,彼得,别说废话了 造船厂的事要怎么办? |
[10:34] | BRAC had their hearing. They slated it for closing. | 基地重组与关闭办了听证会 他们要求关闭 |
[10:37] | Yeah, and why didn’t you testify? We’re talking 12,000 jobs here. | 你那时为何不作证? 这攸关一万两千人的工作 |
[10:41] | My hands were tied, Paul. People wanted it closed. | 保罗,我束手无策 大家想关闭造船厂 |
[10:44] | -I was under a lot of pressure. -From who? | – 我当时压力很大 – 是谁施压? |
[10:47] | People high up the food chain. There’s nothing I could do. | 高层的人,我无能为力 |
[10:49] | That’s bullshit. You go back to BRAC. You talk to the DOD. | 少来,你回基地重组与关闭 去和国防部谈 |
[10:52] | You talk to the Secretary of the Navy. You do something… | 去和海军部长谈,做点事… |
[10:55] | -It’s not gonna happen. -Okay, why not? | – 不可能的 – 为什么? |
[10:57] | I told you, it’s political. | 我说了,这是政治 |
[10:59] | Okay, so I’m supposed to go back to the Shipbuilder’s Association | 好吧,那我要回造船工业会 |
[11:01] | and say what now, exactly? | 说什么呢? |
[11:03] | That they’re out of work because Pete Russo’s playing politics? | 说他们失业 是因为彼得鲁索在搞政治? |
[11:08] | I mean, Jesus, Pete. | 天哪,彼得 |
[11:09] | We’re the ones who got you fuckin’ elected in the first place. | 是我们支持你选上的 |
[11:13] | Now you’re gonna turn your back on us? | 现在你却背叛我们? |
[11:16] | You should go. | 你该离开了 |
[11:20] | Seriously? | 你说真的? |
[11:23] | I just got here. You’re kickin’ me out now? | 我才刚到,你就要踢我走? |
[11:26] | Hey, I’m fuckin’ talkin’ to you. | 我在和你说话 |
[11:31] | I thought we grew up together. | 我以为我们是童年至交 |
[11:33] | But this guy, sitting behind his big desk, | 但是这个 坐在那张大桌后面的家伙 |
[11:38] | I don’t even know who the fuck he is. | 我完全不认识了 |
[11:42] | Where’s the Pete Russo who knew how to throw a punch | 那个走投无路 |
[11:44] | when his back was against the wall? | 知道怎么反抗的彼得鲁索 到哪里了? |
[11:46] | That guy was my friend. | 那家伙才是我朋友 |
[12:01] | Every teacher in the country? A month before school ends? | 全国所有教师? 在学期结束前一个月? |
[12:03] | He doesn’t need all of them. Fifteen, 20 states. That’s all. | 他不需要所有教师 只要15、20州就好 |
[12:06] | But the AFT and the NEA can’t agree on anything. | 美国教师联盟 和国家教育协会向来不合 |
[12:08] | You underestimate Marty Spinella. | 你低估了马帝史皮奈拉 |
[12:12] | So which one do we target? | 那我们的目标是谁? |
[12:15] | We have a better chance with the NEA. | 国家教育协会胜算较大 |
[12:17] | You think Chuck Sloan will bite? | 恰克史罗恩会上钩吗? |
[12:19] | Cooperate, we give your people protection and a place at the banquet. | 合作,我们就保护你的人 拉抬你的地位 |
[12:22] | Fight us, we break you. | 跟我们作对,我们就毁了你 |
[12:24] | He’ll bite. Get him on the phone. | 他会上钩,打电话给他 |
[12:26] | It’s after 2:00. | 现在2点多了 |
[12:27] | Spinella’s potentially mobilizing the largest teachers’ strike | 史皮奈拉可能会动员 美国史上 |
[12:30] | in United States history. Nobody’s sleeping. | 规模最大的教师罢工 没人睡得着 |
[12:32] | I’ll call him right now. | 我现在就打电话给他 |
[12:35] | I’m sorry. Are we being too loud? | 抱歉,我们太大声了吗? |
[12:37] | A little. | 有点 |
[12:41] | -What are you working on? -The gala. There’s so much to do. | – 你在忙什么? – 艺廊有一堆事要忙 |
[12:46] | -Did Nancy send you my list? -She did. | – 南茜寄给你我的清单没? – 寄了 |
[12:49] | And what’d you think? | 你觉得如何? |
[12:51] | It’s a good list. Thanks for inviting them. | 很棒的清单,谢谢你邀请他们 |
[12:57] | Is something wrong? | 出了什么事? |
[13:01] | It’s still not anywhere near what Remy brought to the table. | 这和瑞米提出的数字 还有很大差距 |
[13:05] | SanCorp offered 1.5 million, Francis. | 法兰斯,善可工业提出150万 |
[13:07] | I’m adding up the numbers and we’re only at half a million. | 我算了金额 我们只筹到50万 |
[13:11] | -I got Chuck on the phone. -ln a minute. | – 我连络到恰克了 – 等一下 |
[13:13] | I can make more calls… | 我能多打电话… |
[13:14] | Enough to raise 1.5 million? | 能筹到150万? |
[13:16] | Well, I can at least get us closer. | 至少能让我们更接近这数字 |
[13:20] | I’m going to bed. | 我要睡了 |
[13:23] | Don’t move any of this around. | 别动这里的东西 |
[13:25] | Claire… We made the decision to turn Remy down. | 克莱儿…是我们一起决定 要拒绝瑞米 |
[13:30] | No one forced you. I thought we were okay on this. | 没人强迫你 我以为我们对此没意见 |
[13:32] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[13:36] | Good night, Francis. | 晚安,法兰斯 |
[14:22] | This is Adam. Leave a message. | 这是亚当,请留言 |
[14:24] | Hi, Adam, it’s me. I know it’s late, but… | 亚当,是我 我知道很晚了,但是… |
[14:29] | Well, I was really just calling to thank you again for the photographs. | 我只是打电话来 再次谢谢你的照片 |
[14:33] | I’m sure they’re gonna be a big hit at the auction. | 我相信在拍卖会时会大卖 |
[14:38] | Hope you’re well. | 希望你一切都好 |
[14:44] | I’m sure they’re gonna be a big hit at the auction. | 我相信在拍卖会时会大卖 |
[14:49] | Hope you’re well. | 希望你一切都好 |
[15:08] | Right this way, Mr. Hammerschmidt. | 翰默史密先生,请往这走 |
[15:15] | He’s here. | 他到了 |
[15:18] | Good afternoon, Tom. | 午安,汤姆 |
[15:26] | Legal? | 律师? |
[15:28] | Did you say it or didn’t you? | 你说了还是没说? |
[15:32] | To you and to anyone who asks… | 让我回答你 和所有提出这个问题的人… |
[15:35] | Yes, I did. | 是的,我说了 |
[15:39] | Do we really need them? | 我们真的需要他们吗? |
[15:41] | Not unless I should expect a fight. | 你若不对抗,我就不需要 |
[15:42] | You shouldn’t. | 你不需要 |
[15:45] | Give us a few moments. | 给我们一点时间 |
[15:59] | It’s not what you called her. | 这和你怎么骂她无关 |
[16:01] | It’s that you let her leave the building. | 而是你辞退她了 |
[16:03] | I know how to run a paper, Margaret. | 我知道怎么经营报社 玛格莉特 |
[16:05] | What I don’t know how to do is run a paper staffed with people I can’t control. | 报社员工不受我控制 我就不知道要怎么经营了 |
[16:09] | Was she really out of control? | 她真的不受控? |
[16:12] | To my understanding, she simply turned down a new position. | 就我的理解 她只是拒绝新职位 |
[16:15] | It’s her attitude. It’s the way she turned it down. | 是她的态度 她拒绝新职位的态度 |
[16:17] | Did you think to ask her what she’d rather do instead? | 你想过问她想做什么吗? |
[16:20] | Is it my job to pander to all my employees’ wants… | 我的工作是 迎合我所有员工的需求… |
[16:22] | My employees. | 是我的员工 |
[16:25] | And if they have something to offer that you don’t, | 如果他们有你所没有的能力 |
[16:27] | yes, it is your job. | 那就是你的工作 |
[16:29] | We’ve been through this, Tom. | 汤姆,我们谈过这了 |
[16:31] | The paper’s operating at a loss. We need people like Zoe… | 报社的营运亏损 我们需要乔伊这样的人才… |
[16:35] | I’m very aware of how much we’re hurting, Margaret. | 我非常清楚我们的亏损 玛格莉特 |
[16:38] | Staff reductions, dip in circulation, | 人力缩编、发行量大减 |
[16:40] | each one of those faces and every subscriber we lose, | 每个资遣员工的脸 和每个失去的订户 |
[16:44] | they keep me awake at night. | 都让我夜不成眠 |
[16:45] | Now l… I won’t argue the business side of things. | 现在我…我不谈生意面的事 |
[16:48] | It’s neither my place nor my area of expertise. | 我没这资格 这也不是我的专业领域 |
[16:51] | But know this, | 但是要知道 |
[16:53] | Zoe Barnes, Twitter, blogs, | 乔伊邦斯、推特、部落格 |
[16:58] | enriched media, they’re all surface. | 泛滥的媒体,全都肤浅极了 |
[17:02] | They’re fads. | 他们都是昙花一现 |
[17:04] | They aren’t the foundation this paper was built on, | 他们不是这家报社成立的基础 |
[17:07] | and they aren’t what will keep it alive. | 他们也无法让这家报社存活 |
[17:09] | We have a core readership that thirsts for hard news. | 我们的核心读者 渴求扎实的新闻 |
[17:14] | Those are the people I work 80 hours a week for. | 我就是为这些人 一周工作80小时 |
[17:20] | And I won’t be distracted by what’s fashionable. | 我不会受到流行的干扰 |
[17:32] | That’s your resignation letter. | 那是你的辞职信 |
[17:34] | Hand it to the lawyers on the way out. | 出去时交给律师 |
[17:38] | I’ll give you some privacy. | 我会给你些独处时间 |
[17:42] | No, no, stay, it’ll be quick. | 不,留下,很快就好 |
[17:45] | We’ll get a drink. | 我们喝一杯吧 |
[17:51] | We’re gonna launch right here in Washington. | 我们要在华府这儿展开 |
[17:53] | We’ll see how Congress likes it | 当街头满是放羊的学童 |
[17:55] | when the streets are teeming with unsupervised school kids. | 看国会的反应如何 |
[17:58] | Then we’ll phase out the rest of the country. | 然后我们再逐步淘汰 全国其他区域 |
[18:00] | Everybody, hold on for one minute. What’s up? | 大家等我一分钟,什么事? |
[18:03] | -The NEA is out. -What? | – 国家教育协会出局了 – 什么? |
[18:05] | -They pulled out. -Why? | – 他们退出了 – 为什么? |
[18:07] | He wouldn’t say. | 他不肯说 |
[18:11] | Hold on for one more minute. | 再等我一分钟 |
[18:12] | Chuck Sloan? Get him on the phone right now. | 恰克史罗恩? 马上打电话给他 |
[18:14] | I’ve got him right here. | 我已连络上他了 |
[18:15] | -ls he muted? -Yes. | – 有静音吗? – 有 |
[18:22] | Hey, Chuck, it’s Marty. | 恰克,我是马帝 |
[18:24] | Listen, you can’t do this. | 听我说,你不能这样做 |
[18:27] | If we don’t stay united now, we don’t have a… | 我们现在若不团结,就无法… |
[18:31] | You hired me to represent your interests, right? | 你雇用我代表你的利益,对吧? |
[18:33] | How could I possibly lobby for the teachers | 若在联合罢工前 |
[18:35] | when Congress sees us splintering before we even put up a unite… | 国会看到我们分裂 我要怎么为教师游说… |
[18:40] | All right. | 好吧 |
[18:43] | Did Underwood get to you? | 安德沃找过你了? |
[18:45] | Frank is dishonest and manipulative. | 法兰满口谎言,善于操纵 |
[18:47] | You’ve seen that he’s lied to us already. | 你知道他已经骗过我们 |
[18:49] | Wait, Chuck? Chuck, Chuck? Chuck! | 等等,恰克?恰克! |
[18:55] | Son of a bitch! | 他妈的! |
[18:59] | -Where are you? -I’m at the office. | – 你在哪? – 我在办公室 |
[19:01] | -False. -You don’t believe me? | – 骗人 – 你不相信我? |
[19:02] | Not for a second. | 完全不信 |
[19:03] | Where are you? | 你在哪? |
[19:04] | -About to walk into a meeting. -With who? | – 正要去开会 – 和谁? |
[19:07] | Someone I have to punish. | 一个我要惩罚的家伙 |
[19:08] | Give me a name. | 告诉我名字 |
[19:09] | No names. | 无可奉告 |
[19:11] | What did this person do wrong? | 这个人犯了什么错? |
[19:12] | Lie to me. | 对我说谎 |
[19:14] | How will you punish him? | 你要怎么惩罚他? |
[19:16] | What makes you think it’s a him? | 你为什么觉得是个男人? |
[19:20] | Hold on. I have to take this. | 等等,我得接个电话 |
[19:24] | -Where are you? -Me? I am… | – 你在哪? – 我?我在… |
[19:27] | Not at the office. | 不在办公室 |
[19:33] | You’re gonna give me a new one of these every week? | 你打算每周都给我一个新手机? |
[19:36] | Well, I can’t continue to… | 我无法继续… |
[19:40] | Not without protection. | 要有保护措施 |
[19:41] | Nobody tells me when to work and when to play. | 没人能管我何时工作、玩乐 |
[19:44] | I’m not being unreasonable, Zoe. | 我不是无理要求,乔伊 |
[19:46] | If you can’t trust me, we shouldn’t be doing this at all. | 如果你不信任我 我们就不该这么做 |
[19:54] | Well, then how do we establish our trust? | 那我们该如何建立信任? |
[19:56] | I have been very discreet. | 我非常谨慎 |
[19:58] | Professional discretion, yes. | 职业谨慎,对 |
[20:00] | But this is new territory. | 但这是你没接触过的领域 |
[20:08] | You have a camera on your phone. | 你的手机有镜头 |
[20:17] | Pictures. | 照吧 |
[20:20] | The kind I wouldn’t want my father to see. | 那种不能给爸爸看的照片 |
[20:27] | Well, I’m gonna need more than that. | 我要更曝露的 |
[20:54] | Lie back. | 躺下 |
[21:03] | Use your imagination. | 发挥你的想像力 |
[21:12] | I want everything packed for tomorrow. | 打包好一切,准备明天出发 |
[21:14] | We checked already, Dad. | 爸爸,我们检查过了 |
[21:16] | Did you? Those are my pink Nikes on the kitchen counter? | 有吗?厨房流理台上的 粉红耐吉球鞋是我的吗? |
[21:19] | And you, Autobot, what is Optimus Prime doing under my bed? | 还有你,汽车人 变形金刚怎么会在我床底下? |
[21:22] | He better transform himself into your backpack | 在我们明天出发前 |
[21:25] | before you have to leave tomorrow. | 他最好要变形到你的背包里 |
[21:29] | Hey, Dad, is Christina coming back? | 爸,克里丝汀娜会回来吗? |
[21:34] | I don’t… I don’t think so, buddy. No. | 我…应该不会,小子 |
[21:38] | I liked her. | 我喜欢她 |
[21:39] | Me, too. She’s cool. | 我也是,她很棒 |
[21:41] | Yeah, she is cool. | 对,她很棒 |
[21:44] | Now, you guys gotta brush your teeth. And then check the rooms again. | 你们得刷牙了 然后再检查房间一遍 |
[21:48] | And then it’s time for bed. | 接着就准备上床睡觉 |
[21:50] | Got it, pumpkins? | 南瓜,懂吗? |
[21:51] | Dad, you know I hate it when you call us pumpkins. | 爸,你知道我最不喜欢 你叫我们南瓜 |
[21:55] | Go. Before I turn you into a pie. | 去吧,不然我把你们烤成南瓜派 |
[22:10] | Peter Russo. | 彼得鲁索 |
[22:15] | -He’s a drunk. -He is at the moment. | – 他是酒鬼 – 他现在是 |
[22:17] | A very functional one. Imagine if he was sober. | 他很能干,想想他若戒酒 |
[22:20] | Even so, you run him for Governor, people are going to dig into his past. | 即便如此,你推他选州长 大家还是会挖他的过去 |
[22:23] | Well, we turn that into an asset, not a liability. | 我们就转劣势为优势 |
[22:26] | Here’s who I was, here’s who I am now. | 今日之我非昨日之我 |
[22:29] | You saw how they dismissed him in three seconds at the Leadership meeting. | 你看到在领导会议上 大家三秒钟就剔除他的名字了 |
[22:32] | Patti Whittaker is very open-minded. And I am very persuasive. | 派翠惠特克心胸开阔 我又善于说服他人 |
[22:39] | You think Russo even wants it? | 你觉得鲁索想吗? |
[22:41] | Any kid who’s made it from the streets of South Philly | 能从南费城街道 |
[22:43] | to the Capitol rotunda is ambitious. | 晋升至国会大楼的人 莫不野心十足 |
[22:45] | We just need to tap into that. | 我们只需要激起这个野心 |
[22:47] | Surround him with the best people and then build the machine | 派给他最佳人才 再建立竞选机制 |
[22:49] | and push the “go” button. | 就能一飞冲天 |
[22:51] | So you think he could win. | 所以你觉得他会赢 |
[22:54] | I think he can be a contender. | 我觉得他能角逐得冠 |
[22:58] | Okay, let’s say we pull off a miracle and he wins. | 好吧,假设我们制造了奇� 他赢了 |
[23:01] | What do we gain by it? | 有什么好处? |
[23:02] | Isn’t it better to be holding the reins in this race | 能掌控这场竞选 |
[23:05] | than watching from the stands? | 不是好过当个旁观者吗? |
[23:07] | -Your wife is on the phone. -Put her through in here. | – 您的夫人打电话来 – 把电话转过来 |
[23:09] | I understand that Pennsylvania’s important for re-districting… | 我了解宾州 在重划选区的重要性… |
[23:11] | No, no, no, this isn’t just about this race, Doug. | 道格,这不只是和这场竞选有关 |
[23:14] | Expand your thinking. Who else is from Pennsylvania? | 把眼光放远一点 还有谁是宾州人? |
[23:21] | No, no, no, not in Congress. | 国会并没有 |
[23:23] | The executive branch. | 行政部门 |
[23:26] | The Vice President. | 副总统 |
[23:29] | Hello, my dear. | 你好,亲爱的 |
[23:31] | Nancy had my tux dry-cleaned so I won’t embarrass… | 南茜把我的燕尾服拿去干洗 所以我不会… |
[23:34] | The Cotesworth canceled on us. | 克斯沃取消了订位 |
[23:37] | I’m leaving right now. I’ll come get you. I’ve gotta go. | 我马上出发去接你 我得走了 |
[23:40] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[23:41] | The hotel, for tonight’s gala, | 今晚办艺廊的饭店 |
[23:43] | they refuse to let Claire into the ballroom because their employees are union. | 他们不让克莱儿进去宴会厅 因为他们的员工是工会成员 |
[23:49] | Spinella. | 史皮奈拉 |
[23:50] | Yeah, he can go after me all he wants. But to go after my wife? | 他怎么对付我无所谓 但动到我老婆身上? |
[23:53] | No class. | 没水准 |
[23:55] | -Meet me at the Cotesworth. -You got it. | – 到克斯沃饭店跟我会合 – 好的 |
[23:59] | Why can’t we just move it to another place? | 我们何不换到另一个场地? |
[24:01] | I looked into that. Everything’s booked. | 我查过,都被订满了 |
[24:03] | You have to reserve these things weeks in advance. | 这得好几周前事先预订 |
[24:05] | I got Stamper online looking for another venue somewhere. | 我请史坦普上网查别的场地 |
[24:07] | Francis, the delivery trucks are already at the Cotesworth. | 法兰斯,送货卡车 已经到克斯沃饭店了 |
[24:09] | I can’t have people showing up at a different place | 我不能要大家去别的地方 |
[24:12] | in case they don’t get the email. | 以防他们没接到通知 |
[24:13] | All right. This is my fault. I feel awful. | 好吧,这是我的错,真糟 |
[24:15] | There’s a half a million on the line here. | 这可是50万啊 |
[24:16] | I realize that. | 我明白 |
[24:18] | And I can’t keep having my work take these hits on behalf of yours. | 我不能一直让我的工作 被你牵连 |
[24:21] | It’s more than just an inconvenience. | 这可不是小事 |
[24:23] | I know. We’ll solve it. | 我知道,我们会解决的 |
[24:32] | -Hey, I just got your email. -What’d you think? | – 我刚收到你的电邮 – 你觉得如何? |
[24:35] | You don’t have to send me things before you post. | 你发文前不需经过我同意 |
[24:38] | I thought you might want to take a look. | 我以为你想看看 |
[24:40] | The goal here is for everyone | 这里的目的是让大家 |
[24:41] | to post things faster than I have a chance to read ’em. | 能在我读之前就先发文 |
[24:43] | If you’re satisfied with the article, you just put it up. | 如果你对文章满意,尽管发文 |
[24:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:47] | -Are you satisfied? -I think so. | – 你满意吗? – 还可以吧 |
[24:50] | Okay, you are or you aren’t. | 满意还是不满意 |
[24:51] | Whatever hoops The Herald made you jump through… | 不管《先躯报》是怎么逼你的… |
[24:53] | -I know. -Let them go. | – 我知道 – 就别管那套了 |
[24:55] | It’s okay to be opinionated, Zoe. | 乔伊,这里可以有个人主见 |
[24:58] | And it’s okay to go outside and get your hands dirty. | 也可以到外面挖新闻 |
[25:01] | You’re no longer tied to a desk. | 你不需要被绑在桌前 |
[25:03] | -Or to that pillow for that matter. -I’m not gonna post it. | – 或是那个垫子 – 我不打算发这篇文 |
[25:05] | Midterm predictions, they’re not news. They’re bullshit. | 期中预测不是新闻,只是胡扯 |
[25:08] | Well, I agree. | 我同意 |
[25:11] | -I can do better. -I think you can. | – 我可以做得更好 – 我觉得你可以 |
[25:15] | Feel free to blow my mind. | 随时给我惊喜吧 |
[25:26] | If we do this event, the whole staff walks out. | 如果我们办这场活动 所有职员都会罢工 |
[25:28] | -I’ve got 300 guests… -You signed a contract with my wife. | – 我有三百位贵宾… – 你和我老婆签了约 |
[25:33] | We’ll refund your wife’s organization and pay for whatever the cost of | 我们会将钱退回您老婆的机构 偿付所有支出 |
[25:35] | moving the event to a more appropriate venue. | 将活动移至更适宜的场地举办 |
[25:38] | And we would have to refund half a million dollars in donations. | 我们就得退回50万的捐款 |
[25:41] | Can you pay for that, too? | 你们也能支付吗? |
[25:42] | ‘Cause I’m pretty sure there’s cause for damages here. | 我确信这是导致损害的原因 |
[25:44] | I truly apologize, sir. | 我很抱歉,先生 |
[25:47] | Who’s your boss? | 你的老板是谁? |
[25:48] | I spoke with the owners, | 我和老板谈过 |
[25:49] | and they authorized me to do what I think is best. | 他们授权让我做最佳决定 |
[25:51] | And do they realize that they are shutting the door | 他们是否知道他们 |
[25:54] | on 41 members of the United States Congress? | 将41位美国国会议员 拒之于大门外吗? |
[25:57] | Yes, sir. They do. | 是的,先生,他们知道 |
[25:58] | I had to make a very hard judgment call. | 我做了非常艰难的判断 |
[26:01] | Well, I seriously question your judgment. | 我严重质疑你的判断力 |
[26:03] | You know, word travels fast in this town. | 你要知道,在这话传得有多快 |
[26:06] | All those luncheons and conventions and dinners, | 所有午餐聚会、会议与晚宴 |
[26:08] | it’s gonna be a shame to lose all that work, isn’t it? | 这些生意全都没了有多可惜 |
[26:11] | Congressman, you are absolutely right, but if my staff walks out, l… | 议员,您说得对 但是若我的员工罢工,我… |
[26:15] | Please understand the predicament I’m in. | 请了解我所处的困境 |
[26:18] | I got an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[26:20] | I know what we’re gonna do. | 我知道该怎么做 |
[26:21] | Honey, they’re not gonna let us have it inside, | 亲爱的,他们不让我们进去 |
[26:24] | we’re gonna have it right here, on their front steps. Picnic style. | 我们就在这里 在他们前门阶梯办野餐会 |
[26:27] | -What do you need from me? -I need your manpower. | – 你需要我帮什么? – 出人力 |
[26:29] | Yes, sir, I’m on it. | 是的,议员,我明白 |
[26:34] | Okay, everybody, stop what you’re doing and listen up. | 好了,各位 停下手边工作听我说 |
[26:40] | Yeah? | 什么事? |
[26:42] | Hey, Frank. | 法兰 |
[26:44] | Listen, I need a favor, a large one. | 我要你帮我一个大忙 |
[26:46] | How soon? | 多快? |
[26:47] | In about three hours. | 三小时之后 |
[26:49] | -How many people we talking? -Just 300. | – 多少人? – 只有三百人 |
[26:51] | The florist is gonna send over whatever he has. | 花店会送来所有的存货 |
[26:53] | Great. | 很好 |
[26:55] | Francis, where are we with food? | 法兰斯,食物呢? |
[26:56] | I’ve got hot dogs, pizzas, and soul food coming. | 我订了热狗、披萨 和南方黑人食物 |
[26:58] | Maybe something else. | 或许还有别的 |
[27:00] | Girls. Here’s what I want. | 女孩们,我是这么想的 |
[27:01] | I want four bars, two on each level. The food can go there. | 我要弄四个吧台、每边两个 食物放到那里 |
[27:05] | The silent auction goes here. | 无声拍卖在这边办 |
[27:07] | And cancel the string quartet. Let’s get a DJ. | 取消弦乐四重奏,找DJ来 |
[27:09] | Doug, how are we on booze? | 道格,酒如何? |
[27:10] | -Kegs are on their way now. -Great. | – 酒桶快到了 – 好 |
[27:11] | And call Denise at the office | 打电话到办公室给丹妮丝 |
[27:13] | and have her bring every donation envelope she can find. | 叫她把所有 找得到的捐款信封都带来 |
[27:16] | Okay, messages, people. | 讯息、人员 |
[27:22] | Congressman Russo’s office. Yes, can you hold one minute? Thank you. | 议员鲁索办公室 请稍候一分钟,谢谢 |
[27:26] | Congressman? People keep calling about the shipyards. | 议员?大家不断打电话 问造船厂的事 |
[27:29] | We don’t know what to tell them. | 我们不会回答 |
[27:30] | We just say we’ll give you the message. | 只说会留言给您 |
[27:31] | -Keep saying that. -Okay, here they are. | – 继续吧 – 好,这些是留言 |
[27:33] | The messages and all the emails we’ve gotten to. | 我们收到的留言与电邮 |
[27:34] | Do you want me to… Have a good night. | 您是否需要我…晚安 |
[27:40] | -Who’d we reach? -Herald, The Times, USA Today. | – 我们要连络谁? – 《先躯报》、 《时代》和《今日美国》 |
[27:43] | All right, I want affiliate stations and cable news. | 还要电台和有线新闻 |
[27:45] | I want satellite trucks out there. I want this on live TV. | 安排卫星转播车 我要实况转播这件事 |
[27:48] | Okay, I’m on it. | 好,这就去办 |
[27:49] | You can’t do this here. | 你们不能在这办 |
[27:51] | Zoe, 8:00 p.m. tonight, Hotel Cotesworth. | 乔伊,今晚8点在克斯沃饭店 |
[27:54] | Benefit for my wife’s charity. | 我老婆的慈善拍卖会 |
[27:57] | No. Wash your face and let your hair down. | 不,脸洗干净,头发放下 |
[28:00] | This is work and play. | 这是工作也是娱乐 |
[28:03] | See you. | 等会见 |
[28:04] | I can tell you right now I’m gonna need two dozen. | 我现在就告诉你,我要两打 |
[28:13] | Paul, I’m gonna need those by tomorrow, okay? | 保罗,我明天就要,好吗? |
[28:14] | Your guests are your problem, not mine. | 你们的客人是你们的问题 不是我的 |
[28:17] | -Julian. -I’ll close the gate. | – 朱利安 – 我会关大门 |
[28:20] | You know, I’m no expert in fire code, | 我不是消防法规专家 |
[28:22] | but I would imagine that locking your guests in | 但是我可以想像 将客人关在里面 |
[28:24] | is a bigger violation than having them walk around us. | 比让他们在我们身边 自由走动更违法 |
[28:26] | This is trespassing on private property. You’re breaking the law. | 这是侵犯私人财产 你们是违法的 |
[28:30] | All right. Okay. | 好吧,行 |
[28:33] | Let me get Barney Hull on the phone here for you. | 我帮你打电话给邦尼霍尔 |
[28:38] | Here you go. It’s ringing. | 好,电话响了 |
[28:41] | -Who’s Barney Hull? -Police Commissioner. | – 邦尼霍尔是谁? – 警察局长 |
[28:42] | -Commissioner Hull’s office. Hello? -No? Okay. | – 警察局长办公室,你好 – 不要?好吧 |
[28:46] | You’d rather talk to him in person? That’s great. He’s coming to the party. | 你想和他当面谈? 很好,他会来参加派对 |
[28:49] | I’ll be sure to introduce the two of you. Thanks for your hospitality. | 我一定会介绍你们认识 感谢你的款待 |
[29:04] | What do you want me to do? I can’t lock the gates. | 你要我怎么做?我不能锁大门 |
[29:07] | And they’ve got the police on their side. | 警方又站在他们那边 |
[29:09] | Unbelievable. Hold on. | 真不敢相信,等等 |
[29:11] | Cassandra. I need 200 teachers at the Cotesworth Hotel. Right now. | 卡珊德拉,我要两百位教师 现在就到克斯沃饭店 |
[29:16] | -I need a full picket. -Two hundred? I don’t know if we can | – 我要大规模示威 – 两百?我不知能不能 |
[29:18] | -get that many on… -I don’t want to hear it. Just get it done. | – 找到那么多… – 我不想听,去做就是了 |
[29:20] | All right. I don’t give a fuck if they’re teachers or not, frankly. | 坦白说,是不是教师无所谓 |
[29:23] | Just get me 200 bodies. | 给我找到两百人 |
[29:24] | Call the Teamsters, maybe they’ll help us. | 打电话给货运联盟 或许他们能帮忙 |
[29:26] | We’ll give them glasses if we have to. Tell the guys to look smart. | 如果有必要,就给他们眼镜 叫他们打扮好一点 |
[29:29] | Charlie, get off the phone. I need signs right now, at least 100. | 查理,挂掉电话 我要一百个以上的标语牌 |
[29:33] | You know what? Let them set it up. | 就让他们去吧 |
[29:35] | It’s actually better for us that way. They… This way they can’t hide from us. | 这样对我们更好,他们… 他们就无法躲过我们 |
[29:38] | You’ve put me in a terrible situation. | 你让我陷于窘境 |
[29:59] | Thank you very much for all your help. | 非常感谢你的协助 |
[30:01] | Much appreciated. | 感激不尽 |
[30:03] | Here, we’ve got the signs right here. Let’s hand them out fast. | 这里,这里有标语牌 快点发出去 |
[30:05] | Everybody, single file, right down the street, this way and that way, okay? | 各位,沿着这条街排成一排 这边和那边,好吗? |
[30:19] | Well, at least he spelled it right. | 至少他拼对了名字 |
[30:22] | Teachers protesting the Education Reform and Achievement Act | 抗议教育改革与成就法案的教师 |
[30:25] | have descended upon the Hotel Cotesworth in Washington, D. C. | 聚集于华府的克斯沃饭店 |
[30:30] | Union lobbyist, Marty Spinella, organized the demonstration. | 工会陈情代表 马帝史皮奈拉发起示威 |
[30:33] | Teachers deserve respect! | 尊重教师! |
[30:36] | Teachers deserve respect! | 尊重教师! |
[30:44] | Now, I knew you’d show up and you’d bring that beautiful wife of yours. | 我就知道 你会带美丽的老婆来参加 |
[30:47] | Hello, it’s a pleasure, thank you for coming. | 你好,幸会,感谢大驾光临 |
[30:49] | Come on in, the drinks are on the house. | 进来吧,饮料免费 |
[30:51] | -Felicity. -The party can begin. | – 费莉丝 – 派对可以开始了 |
[30:54] | This is Spinella. | 是史皮奈拉 |
[30:56] | He got us shut out by the union, | 他让我们被工会拒之于外 |
[30:57] | so we had to have a party out here on the steps. | 我们只好在阶梯上办派对 |
[30:59] | I’m gonna take you up to a bar right now. | 我现在就带你去吧台 |
[31:01] | Thank you for coming. Thank you. Welcome. | 谢谢光临,欢迎 |
[31:05] | Teachers, yes! Unions, yes! | 教师万岁!工会万岁! |
[31:51] | Hi. | 你好 |
[32:02] | Thanks, again, so much for coming. | 再次感谢大驾光临 |
[32:08] | Adam’s here. | 亚当来了 |
[32:13] | You came. | 你来了 |
[32:18] | Looks wonderful. | 看起来很棒 |
[32:19] | You’re gonna have to move over | 麻烦让开一下 |
[32:21] | because I have to serve this wonderful couple myself. | 我得亲自服务 这对了不起的夫妻 |
[32:24] | This is fabulous. Only Claire could have thought of this. | 这个主意真棒 只有克莱儿想得出来 |
[32:27] | I don’t suppose you have anything single-malt back there? | 有纯麦芽酒吗? |
[32:31] | Frank, it’s worth every penny to see you on keg duty. | 法兰,看你当酒保就值回票价了 |
[32:35] | Well then, don’t you think that this is worth just a few extra pennies? | 你们不觉得这值得更高价吗? |
[32:38] | Let’s break out the checkbook, Charles. | 查理,我们该拿支票簿出来了 |
[32:42] | Did you RSVP? | 你有回覆参加吗? |
[32:43] | I assumed it didn’t matter. | 我想这无所谓吧 |
[32:45] | It doesn’t. | 当然无所谓 |
[32:47] | I’m glad you’re here. | 我很高兴你来 |
[32:49] | When I heard your message… | 我听到你的留言时… |
[32:50] | You know, I shouldn’t have left that, Adam. | 我不该留言的,亚当 |
[32:54] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[32:59] | Maybe we should talk at some point. | 或许我们该找时间谈谈 |
[33:02] | Make that check with a lot of zeros, won’t you? | 可以后面多加几个零吗? |
[33:05] | Here we are. | 拿去吧 |
[33:13] | -Cheers. -Cheers. | – 干杯 – 干杯 |
[33:15] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[33:16] | Now I’m going to ask a huge favor of you since you’re here. | 既然你都来了 我得请你帮个大忙 |
[33:19] | -You want to put me to work. -Yes, please. | – 你要我去当招待 – 对,拜托 |
[33:22] | -My pleasure. -Come. | – 我的荣幸 – 来吧 |
[33:27] | So these are some wonderful photographs by an amazing photographer… | 这些精彩照片出自 一位优秀摄影师之手… |
[33:30] | Gillian… | 吉莉安… |
[33:31] | -Adam Galloway. Nice to meet you. -I’ve heard lots about you. And to you. | – 亚当盖罗威,幸会 – 久仰大名 |
[33:35] | -And this is the photographer himself. -Hello, how are you? | – 这是摄影师本人 – 你好 |
[33:40] | Freddy. | 弗莱迪 |
[33:43] | I just wanted to thank you so much. Such a success tonight. | 我只是想对你致谢 今晚真是太棒了 |
[33:47] | -My pleasure, my pleasure. -He’s the best. | – 我的荣幸 – 他最棒了 |
[33:50] | -I see Adam’s here. -I didn’t know he was coming. | – 我看到亚当来了 – 我不知道他会来 |
[33:53] | Well, guess what I got. Another check from the Holburns. | 猜猜我拿到什么 霍本夫妇又开了一张支票 |
[33:56] | For $60,000. | 六万 |
[34:02] | Come on, praise me like you should. | 赞美我吧 |
[34:06] | If Frank Underwood and the United States Congress… | 若法兰安德沃和国会… |
[34:07] | Hi, my name is Zoe Barnes. I’m with Slugline. | 你好,我是乔伊邦斯 《头条报导》 |
[34:09] | …think that they can dismantle the rights of the American teacher, | …以为可以废除美国教师的权利 |
[34:12] | well, then they are going to hear our voices wherever they are. | 那他们会随时随地 听到我们的抗议之声 |
[34:14] | Hi, why protest here? | 你好,为何在此抗议? |
[34:18] | Congress has to take this seriously. | 国会必须认真看待此事 |
[34:20] | We’re here for the teachers. We’re here… | 我们是为教师而来… |
[34:23] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:26] | We’re not asking for the world. | 我们的要求并不过分 |
[34:28] | And Congress needs to step up and get this done. | 国会必须站出来解决这件事 |
[34:43] | Excuse me, just a moment. | 抱歉,失陪 |
[34:47] | Well, that dress looks familiar. | 这件洋装很眼熟 |
[34:49] | It’s the one I wore to the symphony. | 我穿这件去听交响乐的 |
[34:51] | Yes, the mutual admiration society. | 对,攀高附贵 |
[34:54] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[34:56] | So. What do you have for me? | 你要给我什么? |
[34:59] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[35:00] | Well, you’re surrounded by Washington’s elite. | 你周围尽是华府名流 |
[35:02] | Are you saying you’ve overheard nothing that could be useful to either of us? | 你难道没听到 对我们有用的消息? |
[35:05] | I’m covering the protest. | 我是来报导抗议的 |
[35:06] | The rest of the world is covering the protest. | 全世界都在报导这个抗议 |
[35:08] | You may not have noticed, | 你可能没注意到 |
[35:10] | but you’re the only journalist inside the party. | 但你可是派对里唯一的记者 |
[35:12] | I’ve been feeding you plenty, information is a two-way street, Ms. Barnes. | 邦斯小姐,我帮了你许多 消息该是互通的 |
[35:16] | Hello… | 你好… |
[35:17] | Claire, this is Zoe Barnes, you met her one night at the house… | 克莱儿,这是乔伊邦斯 那晚在家里见过… |
[35:19] | Yes, I remember. You work for The Herald, right? | 我记得 你在《先躯报》上班,对吧? |
[35:23] | Not anymore. I actually work at Slugline now. | 我离开了 现在为《头条报导》工作 |
[35:26] | I’ve heard of it. You read it, don’t you, Francis? | 我听说过 法兰斯,你有读过吧? |
[35:29] | Religiously. | 非常忠实 |
[35:30] | Well, you seem like a very ambitious young woman. I like that. | 你看起来年轻上进,我很欣赏 |
[35:34] | Doing my best. | 我尽力而为 |
[35:36] | It’s good to see you, again. | 真的很高兴再见到你 |
[35:38] | -Please, enjoy yourself. -I will. Thank you. | – 尽情享乐 – 我会的,谢谢 |
[35:41] | Take care, Ms. Barnes. | 邦斯小姐,保重 |
[38:13] | And she looks gorgeous, | 她看起来真美 |
[38:15] | but really she’s thinking, “When can I go the fuck home?” | 但其实她在想 “我何时能回家?” |
[38:23] | -I’m off. -Already? | – 我要走了 – 现在? |
[38:25] | I’ve done my duty, I believe. | 我想我已尽了我的职责 |
[38:27] | You know me. I always have to be the first to leave a party. | 你了解我 我向来是第一个离开派对的人 |
[38:31] | How much did you raise? | 你募集了多少钱? |
[38:33] | $750,000. | 75万 |
[38:36] | -Eighty of that was your photographs. -Fantastic. | – 八万是从你的照片募来的 – 太好了 |
[38:39] | Write a check for 250, we’ll break a million. | 再来一张25万支票 我们就破百万了 |
[38:42] | Nice try. | 干得好 |
[38:46] | Thank you for coming. And everything that you did. | 谢谢参加 谢谢你所做的一切 |
[38:56] | Call me sometime. | 有空连络我 |
[38:58] | I will. | 我会的 |
[39:01] | Teachers should be getting more! | 善待教师! |
[39:03] | So what does a Clean Water gala have to do with teachers unions? | 净水艺廊与教师工会有何关连? |
[39:05] | Well, we have over 50 members of Congress gathered in one place. | 50多位国会议员聚集于此 |
[39:09] | But the fact that these members of Congress | 但是这些国会议员 |
[39:11] | are promoting pouring money out of the country | 拼命将钱丢到国外 |
[39:14] | while neglecting their teachers at home is precisely the problem. | 忽视国内教师 这就是问题所在 |
[39:17] | But this is private money, not public tax dollars, so… | 但这是私人款项 不是纳税人的钱… |
[39:20] | But we’re not protesting the cause, | 但是我们不是抗议活动本身 |
[39:22] | we’re protesting the Congressmen and women themselves… | 而是抗议国会议员和女性… |
[39:26] | Are these even teachers picketing? | 这些示威的人是教师吗? |
[39:27] | Sure, some of them. And some of them are people… | 当然,部分是教师,部分是… |
[39:29] | Excuse me… | 抱歉… |
[39:32] | Frank… What you… Don’t take the food. We’ll feed you later. | 法兰…你是…别拿食物 我们等一下会发食物 |
[39:35] | -Don’t take this food. -Marty, you know that old saying, | – 别拿食物 – 马帝,你知道一句老话 |
[39:38] | “The most dangerous spot in the world is to come between a Teamster and free food.” | “世上最危险之处 就在货运联盟与免费食物之间” |
[39:41] | Don’t take the food, we’re feeding you later. | 别拿食物 我们等一下会发食物 |
[39:44] | -I’ll take it. -She’ll take it. | – 我要拿 – 她要拿 |
[39:47] | Who else is hungry? | 还有谁饿了? |
[39:49] | There you go. | 拿去吧 |
[39:50] | Pass it back. | 请传过去 |
[39:52] | Plenty more coming, guys. | 还有更多食物 |
[39:54] | I know you’ve all been out here for hours. | 我知道你们站在这里好久了 |
[39:56] | Thank you, Freddy! | 谢谢,弗莱迪 |
[39:58] | The best ribs in D.C. | 华府最棒的肋排 |
[40:03] | Marty, come on. You’ve said your piece, you got on the news. | 马帝,来吧 你说了观点,上了新闻 |
[40:05] | Come and enjoy yourself. | 来吃吧 |
[40:06] | I respect you, Claire, you know I can’t do that. | 克莱儿,我尊重你 你知道我不能 |
[40:08] | Doesn’t matter what side you’re on, everybody’s gotta eat. | 你们支持哪边都无所谓 大家都得吃 |
[40:11] | You can have a plate of ribs. Yes, you can. | 你可以吃一盘肋排 |
[40:13] | -Come on. Yes, you can. -I can’t. | – 来吧,行的 – 我不行 |
[40:14] | -Thank you, Claire, but I cannot. -You can do it. | – 谢谢,克莱儿,但我不行 – 行的 |
[40:16] | -Come on, Marty! Come on. -I can’t. Thank you. Thank you. | – 来吧,马帝!来吧 – 我不行,谢谢 |
[40:19] | Freddy’s. You should go to Freddy’s. | 弗莱迪餐馆 去弗莱迪餐馆吃吧 |
[40:30] | Several dozen union sympathizers, led by labor lobbyist, Martin Spinella, | 劳工陈情代表马帝史皮奈拉 领导数十位工会支持者 |
[40:34] | attempted to disrupt the gala. | 试图打断艺廊 |
[40:36] | They need to step up to the plate and take care of our teachers and our children. | 他们得采取行动 关怀教师与孩子 |
[40:40] | The protest dissipated when fundraiser attendees | 当参加募款的人 发送食物饮料给抗议者时 |
[40:43] | offer food and drink to picketers. | 抗议也不了了之 |
[40:45] | Doesn’t matter what side you’re on, everybody’s gotta eat. | 你们支持哪边都无所谓 大家都得吃 |
[40:48] | T urn it off. | 关掉 |
[40:49] | It’s unclear whether protest will continue. | 不清楚是否会持续抗议 |
[40:53] | What now? | 现在怎么办? |
[41:01] | Call the union leadership and the chapter presidents. | 打电话给工会领袖 和各分会主席 |
[41:05] | See if they’re ready to the pull the trigger. If they are, we strike at midnight tomorrow. | 看他们是否准备展开罢工 若准备好了,明天午夜就罢工 |
[41:38] | You were extraordinary. | 你太棒了 |
[41:40] | Tomorrow, people who weren’t there are gonna lie and say they were. | 今晚没来的人 明天都会谎称有来参加 |
[41:45] | What are you reading? | 你在读什么? |
[41:50] | She can write. | 她真能写 |
[41:53] | She can. | 是啊 |
[41:56] | And you can raise money. | 而你很会募款 |
[41:59] | Always, for a good cause. | 只为了正当目的 |
[42:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:24] | Wait in the car, please. | 请在车内等待 |
[42:27] | Hold on. I know who that is. | 等等,我知道那是谁 |
[42:36] | Hello, Peter. | 你好,彼得 |
[42:43] | I am starving. I forgot to eat. | 我好饿,我忘了吃饭 |
[42:45] | -Would you like something, Peter? -No, thanks. | – 彼得,你要吃点什么吗? – 不了,谢谢 |
[42:49] | You should eat. | 你该吃点 |
[42:50] | -Don’t fight. She’ll win. -I will. | – 别和她争,她稳赢的 – 好吧 |
[42:53] | Okay, yes. | 好的 |
[42:55] | -You want some coffee? -Yes, thanks. | – 来点咖啡? – 好,谢谢 |
[42:58] | Do you have any children? | 你有孩子吗? |
[43:02] | Two. A son and a daughter. | 两个,一男一女 |
[43:06] | Married? | 已婚? |
[43:08] | Divorced. | 离婚了 |
[43:11] | What are their names, your kids? | 你的孩子叫什么名字? |
[43:13] | There’s Sarah. She’s 1 1, and Kevin is eight. | 莎拉11岁,凯文八岁 |
[43:18] | Do you have any pictures? | 你有照片吗? |
[43:25] | Fuck! | 可恶! |
[43:26] | I lost my phone… | 我掉了手机… |
[43:28] | Sorry, I should… I gotta go… | 抱歉,我得…我得走了… |
[43:30] | Peter, sit down. | 彼得,坐下 |
[43:31] | You’re gonna enjoy your sandwich, have some coffee and stay the night. | 吃三明治,喝点咖啡 在这里过夜吧 |
[43:38] | Milk and sugar? | 牛奶和糖? |
[43:42] | Black. | 黑咖啡 |
[43:44] | Some fresh towels. | 干净毛巾 |
[43:46] | There should be soap and toothpaste, everything you need in the bathroom. | 浴室有香皂、牙膏 和其他必需品 |
[43:50] | Thank you so much for doing this. | 非常谢谢你 |
[43:52] | It’s nothing. Sleep well. | 不客气,好好睡 |
[44:03] | What’s going on, Peter? | 彼得,怎么了? |
[44:09] | Talk to me. | 告诉我 |
[44:14] | You think fresh towels changes anything? | 你以为干净毛巾能改变什么吗? |
[44:22] | Changes what? | 改变什么? |
[44:23] | The shipyard. | 造船厂 |
[44:27] | If I was home and you pulled that shit, I’d beat the fuck out ofyou. | 如果你在我老家搞那种事 我绝对海扁你 |
[44:32] | I would crack your skull on the pavement. | 我会在人行道上打碎你的脑袋 |
[44:35] | That’s why I came over here today. | 这就是我今天来的目的 |
[44:37] | To fuck you up for what you made me do. | 为你逼我做的事海扁你 |
[44:41] | I don’t care how nice you’re being to me. | 我才不管你对我多好 |
[44:42] | I don’t give a shit. | 我才不鸟你 |
[44:44] | I’m gonna wake up tomorrow, | 明天我起床时 |
[44:47] | and all these people, | 这些人 |
[44:55] | all my friends, | 我所有的朋友 |
[44:58] | are still fucked. | 还是一团糟 |
[45:01] | And I’m still fucked. | 我还是一团糟 |
[45:06] | You fucked all of us. | 你耍了我们全部人 |
[45:09] | But I’m gonna get blamed for it. | 但我却是代罪羔羊 |
[45:13] | So, now I have to carry that weight on my shoulders. | 现在我得肩负重责 |
[45:25] | You fucked me, Frank. | 法兰,你耍了我 |
[45:28] | I shouldn’t have let you do it, but I did… | 我不该让你这么做的 但是我… |
[45:50] | Are you done now? | 你说完了吗? |
[45:55] | Get up. | 起来 |
[46:00] | No. | 不要 |
[46:02] | I said get up. And follow me. | 我说起来,跟我过来 |
[46:05] | Now. | 现在 |
[46:22] | Get in. | 进去 |
[46:25] | Take off your clothes and get in. | 脱掉你的衣服进去 |
[46:27] | Do it. Now. | 现在就脱 |
[46:49] | There was a DNC meeting earlier this week. About the Governor’s race. | 这周稍早开了民主党全委会会议 讨论州长竞选 |
[46:53] | Your name came up as someone we might want to run. | 你的名字出现在 我们可能找来竞选的名单 |
[46:57] | Aspirin. Go ahead. | 阿斯匹林,吃吧 |
[47:03] | Everyone in that room wanted to cross you off the list. | 会议室所有人 都想把你的名字划掉 |
[47:06] | I said no. I stuck up for you. | 我否决,支持你 |
[47:08] | I said, “Peter Russo, he’s got potential. | 我说: “彼得鲁索有潜力 |
[47:11] | “He’s young, he’s capable, he’s going places.” | “他年轻能干,大有前途” |
[47:15] | I made them keep you in contention. | 我说服他们继续考虑你 |
[47:18] | You’re still on that list. | 你还在名单上 |
[47:21] | You show up at my house in the middle of the night, drunk, to whine? | 你却在半夜 醉醺醺地跑来我家抱怨? |
[47:27] | To try to shift the blame on me? | 还想反过来怪我? |
[47:29] | Instead oftaking responsibility for yourself and your own actions? | 却不为你自己 和你自身的行为负责? |
[47:34] | Maybe they were right in that meeting. | 或许他们说得对 |
[47:38] | Maybe you are worthless. | 或许你就是没用 |
[47:42] | I’m the only person who believes in you, Peter, but maybe that’s one too many. | 我是唯一相信你的人 彼得,但是或许我错了 |
[47:50] | The hot water will open up your capillaries. | 热水会扩散你的毛细孔 |
[47:53] | The aspirin you just took will make your blood thinner. | 你刚吃的阿斯匹林 会让你的血液较淡 |
[47:55] | It’s up to you, Peter… | 彼得,就看你的决定… |
[47:59] | And if you do decide to take the coward’s way out, | 如果你决定要当懦夫 |
[48:01] | cut along the tracks, not across them. That’s a rookie mistake. | 沿着血管切,不要横着切 那是很低级的错误 |
[48:26] | -Morning. -Morning. | – 早安 – 早安 |
[48:30] | You need a lift to the Hill? | 要搭便车到国会吗? |
[48:31] | I should go home and change my clothes. | 我得回家换衣服 |
[48:33] | No, no, we’ll drop you. | 不,我们载你去 |
[48:35] | You want some coffee? | 喝点咖啡? |
[48:49] | Frank? | 法兰? |
[48:50] | One month. | 一个月 |
[48:54] | One month sober. | 一个月戒酒 |
[49:02] | I can give you that. | 我能对你保证 |
[49:05] | Not for me. For you. | 不是对我,而是对你 |
[49:12] | Has the seed been planted? | 他打定主意了吗? |
[49:14] | Only Peter can answer that question. | 只有彼得能回答那个问题 |
[49:17] | He has a choice. | 决定权在于他 |
[49:19] | Will he wither? | 他会委靡不振? |
[49:20] | Or will he thrive? | 还是会重振旗鼓? |
[49:23] | Only time will tell. | 只有时间能证明 |