时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | We’re almost a month into the strike, | 国会让美国失望 |
[00:03] | and we’ve got millions of kids stuck home from school. | 数百万的孩子 困在家里无法上课 |
[00:05] | Do you blame the White House or Congress? | 你怪罪白宫或国会吗? |
[00:07] | I personally have very little sympathy for the teachers. | 我个人不同情教师 |
[00:09] | We’re over three weeks into this strike. | 国会让教师失望 |
[00:11] | It’s costing the country billions of dollars, | 耗损全国数十亿美元 |
[00:13] | -and instead of offering solutions… -There’s a big difference between | – 未找出解决之道… – 表明立场 |
[00:16] | taking a stand and sitting on your hands. | 和坐视不理差很多 |
[00:18] | I don’t know whether to call it cowardice… | 不知道要叫懦弱… |
[00:19] | It’s his agenda. | 这是他的议程 |
[00:22] | And the problem is that he stole sound, conservative ideas. | 问题是他剽窃合理的传统理想 |
[00:24] | The only smart thing he’s done is lift his platform from the Republican platform. | 他做的明智之举 就是抄袭共和党政纲 |
[00:28] | I admit it, Linda. This got away from me. | 我承认,琳达 这出乎我意料之外 |
[00:30] | But we can’t turn back time. We have to hold our ground. | 但是我们无法让时光倒流 我们得坚持立场 |
[00:33] | While our approval ratings continue to nosedive? | 不管我们的支持率继续下滑? |
[00:35] | Spinella and I worked together for years on dozens of labor-related bills. | 多年来史皮奈拉和我合作 数十件劳工提案 |
[00:39] | -I thought he’d be reasonable. -Well, you were wrong about that. | – 我以为他会很理性 – 你错了 |
[00:41] | Well, I didn’t think he’d be insane enough to go on strike, | 没料到他会疯到展开罢工 |
[00:42] | and I didn’t think the strike would last this long. | 也没料到罢工会持续这么久 |
[00:44] | So you’ve been wrong twice about this. | 你错估这事件两次 |
[00:46] | Why should I believe you’re right about holding out? | 我怎能相信坚持立场是对的? |
[00:48] | We threatened collective bargaining in order to get | 我们威胁劳资谈判是为了 |
[00:50] | performance standards and charter funding. | 成绩标准和特许补助 |
[00:51] | That’s the deal that we made. We took that stand. | 那是我们谈好的立场 |
[00:54] | We lay down now, we lose it all. | 现在若让步,就全盘皆输 |
[00:56] | There’ll be no reform, just an empty bill. | 没有改革,只有空洞的提案 |
[00:58] | I understand the logic, Frank, but we’re in damage control now. | 我了解这个逻辑,法兰 但现在得做损害控制 |
[01:02] | But we can’t close one wound by opening another. | 但是我们无法止这个血 却弄出另一个伤口 |
[01:05] | But we’re the Democrats. | 我们是民主党 |
[01:06] | We’re the ones who are supposed to be defending the teachers. | 我们该为教师喉舌 |
[01:08] | But you can’t have it both ways, Linda. | 鱼与熊掌无法兼得,琳达 |
[01:09] | You can’t have the reform you want | 无法达到改革 |
[01:11] | and keep the teachers happy at the same time. | 又满足教师 |
[01:13] | You knew that when we started. | 从一开始你就知道 |
[01:15] | Okay, then if we have to choose, we choose to keep the teachers happy. | 好吧,若让我们选择 我们该满足教师 |
[01:18] | That is a mistake, Linda. We’ve already crossed the Rubicon. | 那就大错特错,琳达 我们已无法回头 |
[01:20] | I’m telling you this. The President wants to change the bill. | 我跟你说,总统希望改变提案 |
[01:23] | We should’ve done it three weeks ago. | 三周前就该这么做 |
[01:24] | We didn’t. So you have to do it now. | 我们当时没做 所以现在你得照做 |
[01:26] | Give me more time, Linda, please. | 琳达,请再给我多点时间 |
[01:28] | If I can break this strike and get everything we want in this bill, | 如果我能停止罢工 保留我们要的提案内容 |
[01:32] | can we agree that’s preferable to folding? | 这不是比让步更好吗? |
[01:34] | Of course. If we can count on that… | 如果能办到… |
[01:35] | Then count on me for just one more week. | 那就相信我,再给我一周 |
[01:38] | If the strike isn’t over by then, I’ll change the bill. | 若到时罢工还没停止 我就修改提案 |
[01:40] | -Frank… -No. One more week. That’s all. | – 法兰… – 再一周就好 |
[01:46] | This is the worst possible position to be in. | 真是再糟也不过了 |
[01:49] | If I water down the bill, the President will still see me as a failure. | 如果我修改提案 总统还是会觉得我失败 |
[01:52] | If the strike doesn’t end in a week, I’ve forced myself into a corner. | 如果罢工一周内没结束 我就穷途末路 |
[01:55] | Only total victory will put me back in his good graces. | 只有全面胜利 才能让我重获他的青睐 |
[01:58] | The alternative is exile, | 否则就是出局 |
[02:00] | which would mean the last five months were for nothing. | 之前五个月就是白忙一场 |
[02:02] | I cannot abide falling back to square one. | 我不能跌回原点 |
[03:45] | Does the Congressman need me, ma’am? | 夫人,议员找我吗? |
[03:47] | No. I just was wondering if you wanted a cup of coffee. | 不,我只是想邀你喝杯咖啡 |
[03:49] | I just brewed a fresh pot. | 我刚煮了一壶 |
[03:51] | -I’m good, ma’am. But thanks. -Are you sure? | – 夫人,不用了,谢谢 – 确定? |
[03:55] | My shift’s done in a couple hours. I’ll be fine. | 我再几个小时就下班了,没事 |
[03:57] | You know, come on. Stretch your legs. | 来吧,放松一下 |
[03:58] | I won’t take no for an answer. | 我可不接受拒绝 |
[04:05] | What did you do before you joined the leadership detail? | 你当议员保镳前做什么工作? |
[04:08] | I was a cop here in D.C. | 我在华府当警察 |
[04:09] | Before that, I was in the Marines, ma’am. | 在那之前 我在海军陆战队服役,夫人 |
[04:12] | -Thank you. -Did you serve overseas? | – 谢谢 – 你有在国外服役吗? |
[04:15] | I did, ma’am. Bahrain, then Afghanistan. | 有的,夫人,巴林 之后去阿富汗 |
[04:18] | Served most of my second tour in the Korengal Valley. | 第二次派驻海外 主要是在可兰山谷 |
[04:24] | You wanna know if I killed anyone? | 你想知道我是否杀过人? |
[04:27] | I think I know the answer. | 我想我知道答案 |
[04:29] | I got a dinner meeting with Birch. I’ll be… | 我约了柏许晚餐,我要… |
[04:31] | I invited him in for coffee. | 我邀他来喝咖啡 |
[04:33] | Well, drink it fast. We leave in five… | 喝快点,要出发了… |
[04:36] | Get down! Stay away from the windows! | 趴下!远离窗户! |
[04:50] | Stop! | 停下! |
[05:02] | You’ll have six of my best men covering you around the clock. | 我会安排六名优秀手下 24小时保护你们 |
[05:05] | I guess I’m wondering why we didn’t at least have | 那你之前为什么没安排 |
[05:07] | one of your best men covering us now. | 其中一个优秀手下保护我们 |
[05:09] | He’ll be disciplined, sir. | 他会被惩戒的,议员 |
[05:10] | He shot a gun in a residential neighborhood. | 他在住宅区开枪 |
[05:13] | -I want him fired. -There will be a full investigation, | – 开除他 – 我们会仔细调查 |
[05:15] | and we’ll take the necessary action. | 采取必要措施 |
[05:18] | Steve never would’ve let this happen. | 史提夫绝不会让这种事发生 |
[05:20] | Is he better yet? Because I would feel a lot safer if he was with us. | 他好点了吗? 有他在,我会觉得安全多了 |
[05:23] | Unfortunately, he won’t be coming back, sir. | 遗憾的是 他不会再回来了,议员 |
[05:27] | I thought he just had a gallbladder infection. | 我以为他只是胆囊感染 |
[05:29] | He did, they found more. | 没错,但不只这些 |
[05:31] | His pancreas, stage four. | 他得了胰腺癌末期 |
[05:34] | -Jesus. -Oh, my God. That’s awful. | – 老天 – 天啊,这么严重 |
[05:35] | How much longer does he have? | 他还能活多久? |
[05:37] | Not long. A few weeks. | 不长,几周 |
[05:39] | At least that’s what his wife told me. | 至少他老婆是这么告诉我的 |
[05:41] | We have to go see him. Can you get the information where he is? | 我们必须去看他 你能查出他在哪吗? |
[05:44] | Of course. I’ll make sure you get it right away. | 当然,我会马上告知 |
[05:46] | -Thank you, Captain. -Thank you. | – 谢谢,队长 – 谢谢 |
[05:47] | You’re welcome. Good night. | 不客气,晚安 |
[05:50] | -Front door. -Yes, sir. | – 前门 – 是的,长官 |
[05:53] | Your weapon. | 你的佩枪 |
[05:59] | Your badge, too. | 还有你的徽章 |
[06:01] | Am I suspended, sir? | 长官,要我停职? |
[06:02] | You had a suspect on foot, and you fire your gun? | 嫌犯徒步逃跑 你居然对他开枪? |
[06:06] | -Sir, I realize that… -Do you know how this reflects on me? | – 长官,我知道… – 知道我多有丢人吗? |
[06:08] | That one of our men could be so careless? | 我的手下居然如此鲁莽? |
[06:10] | Not only do you abandon your post for coffee. | 你不只擅离职守去喝咖啡 |
[06:14] | You could’ve killed a bystander. | 还有可能射伤路人 |
[06:16] | That slug was found on somebody’s front stoop. | 那颗子弹是在某家前廊找到的 |
[06:18] | What if it went in their house? | 要是射进他们家呢? |
[06:21] | Your badge, Meechum. | 你的徽章,米契 |
[06:29] | Two reasons, which are really the same reason. | 两个原因,其实都一样 |
[06:31] | I was sick of working for other people, | 我受够了为别人工作 |
[06:33] | and I knew I could do a better job than my bosses. | 我知道我比我的老板还能干 |
[06:35] | They kept trying to suppress me, shutting me out. | 他们不断压迫、排斥我 |
[06:37] | So I said, “Fuck it. I’ll do it my way.” | 于是我说: “我自己来” |
[06:39] | -And then you just quit? -Not like you did. | – 然后你就辞职了? – 和你不一样 |
[06:42] | I slaved away until I lined up the money to start Slugline. | 我拼死拼活工作 才存够钱开《头条报导》 |
[06:46] | Once Slugline gets big enough, what’s the plan? | 《头条报导》茁壮之后 你打算如何? |
[06:49] | Are you gonna sell it like Arianna? | 像亚莉安娜一样卖了公司? |
[06:51] | Probably. And then who knows? | 可能吧,之后谁知道? |
[06:52] | Whatever the next adventure is. Maybe Shanghai. | 迎接任何挑战,或许去上海吧 |
[06:55] | So I shouldn’t expect to have a job in two years? | 所以我可能没办法做两年? |
[06:59] | Do you ever wanna have any job for more than two years? | 你会想两年 都做同一份工作吗? |
[07:03] | What about you? What’s your big plan? | 你呢?你有什么雄心壮志? |
[07:07] | I don’t know yet. | 我还不知道 |
[07:08] | Come on. Slugline is just a stepping stone for you. | 拜托, 《头条报导》 只是你的踏脚板 |
[07:13] | -You know what? I should take this. -Go. Do your thing. | – 我得接个电话 – 去忙吧 |
[07:16] | Hey. Do you have proof Spinella was behind it? | 你有证据 证明是史皮奈拉做的吗? |
[07:19] | Put it in context. Three weeks into a national teachers’ strike… | 写下来 全国教师罢工第三周后… |
[07:22] | At the home of Francis Underwood, who has led the charge on… | 提案负责人 法兰斯安德沃的私宅… |
[07:24] | There you go. Now post that before one of my neighbors calls a local 11:00 hack. | 就是这样,赶快发文 免得我邻居通知地方晚间新闻 |
[07:29] | -When do I see you next? -I’m background on this. | – 我何时再见你? – 我是受害人 |
[07:31] | -I’m not your source. -You can’t talk now? | – 不是你的线人 – 现在不方便? |
[07:33] | -No. -When? | – 对 – 何时? |
[07:34] | Soon, with bells on. | 很快,迫不及待 |
[07:36] | What about “more school books, less bricks”? | “多些书,少些砖块”如何? |
[07:39] | No, it’s too broad. We need a better sound bite. | 太广泛了 我们要更一针见血 |
[07:42] | Something specific, something that points the finger directly at Spinella. | 更精准、更能将矛头 指向史皮奈拉的话 |
[07:46] | -He’ll deny any involvement. -Well, of course he will. | – 他会否认涉案 – 当然了 |
[07:48] | -So how do we get around that? -We say he can’t control his troops. | – 要怎么办? – 就说他管不好手下的人 |
[07:51] | -There’s no evidence it was a teacher. -Who else could it be? | – 没有证据是教师做的 – 还会是谁? |
[07:53] | Look, he’s gonna shift blame for the strike back on Congress. | 他会将罢工怪在国会头上 |
[07:57] | No. We need something clear, something clean, | 我们要更明确、清新的标语 |
[07:59] | something that sticks in your head. | 听了就忘不了的 |
[08:02] | “Teachers need a lesson in self-restraint.” | “教师得学会自制” |
[08:04] | No. You’re not hearing me. People like teachers. | 你没听懂我的意思 大家都爱戴教师 |
[08:07] | No. We need something that makes Spinella the villain. | 我们要能让史皮奈拉 变成坏人的标语 |
[08:10] | -His lack of control, his inability… -Disorganized labor. | – 他无控制力,无法… – 失序劳工 |
[08:16] | It’s disorganized labor, plain and simple. | 失序劳工,直接简单 |
[08:19] | When you’ve got angry teachers throwing bricks through congressmen’s windows, | 愤怒的教师 朝议员住宅窗户扔砖块 |
[08:23] | you’ve gotta blame the union leadership. | 那是工会领袖的责任 |
[08:25] | We’ll be beefing up the security for the entire leadership. | 我们会为高阶议员增加保安 |
[08:28] | And I strongly encourage Marty Spinella to keep his people in line. | 我强烈建议马帝史皮奈拉 管好他的人 |
[08:33] | This is starting to look like disorganized labor. | 这变得像是失序劳工了 |
[08:35] | Do you really think Marty Spinella is to blame? | 你真的认为 是马帝史皮奈拉的错? |
[08:38] | Whether Mr. Spinella is behind this or not, | 不论史皮奈拉先生 是否是幕后主使 |
[08:41] | he might wanna tone down the rhetoric, | 他都该注意言词 |
[08:42] | before disorganized labor turns into organized crime. | 以免失序劳工变成组织犯罪 |
[08:46] | No one can prove anything. So that’s the most cogent response. | 没人能证明这点 这就是最有力的回应 |
[08:50] | Well, go on TV and say that. You deplore violence in any form. | 那就上电视说明 你谴责一切形式的暴力 |
[08:53] | It’s Congress that should take responsibility. | 该负责任的是国会 |
[08:54] | I don’t want to degenerate to Frank’s level. | 我不想自贬到法兰的水平 |
[08:57] | We need to kill this brick thing. It’s distracting people from the issues. | 我们得结束砖块事件 这分散大家对议题的注意力 |
[09:00] | -She’s right. -lt’ll eat up one cycle, and it’ll disappear. | – 说得对 – 热度过了,就会消失 |
[09:03] | No. This story is getting traction. | 不,这个故事越来越引人关注 |
[09:05] | -Support for the strike is dipping. -So is the President’s approval ratings. | – 罢工支持率在下降 – 总统支持率也是 |
[09:08] | But he gets to stay in the Oval Office another three years, no matter what. | 但不管如何,他还能执政三年 |
[09:11] | We can’t afford another three weeks. | 再拖三周我们可承受不了 |
[09:13] | When I told the unions to strike, I told them to prepare for the long haul. | 我叫工会罢工时 就说过要准备好长期抗战 |
[09:16] | All right? Their accounts dry up, we keep going. | 就算他们没钱了 我们还是继续罢工 |
[09:19] | We figure it out. I am not going to blink over something like this. | 我们会想出方法 我绝不会对这种事让步 |
[09:22] | Fine. But ifwe lose the public relations battle, | 好,但要是输了这场公关战 |
[09:25] | none of that does us any good. | 坚持可毫无好处 |
[09:26] | Frank wants us on the defensive. | 法兰要我们采取防守 |
[09:29] | I think this story is going to blow over. | 这件事会平息的 |
[09:31] | If I’m wrong, we’ll reevaluate. | 如果我错了,我们会重新评估 |
[09:33] | But I wanna give it another day or two first. Okay? | 但是我想再坚持一、两天 好吗? |
[10:08] | Hi, Adam. | 亚当 |
[10:10] | You all right? I saw the news. | 你还好吗?我看到新闻了 |
[10:12] | Yes, I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[10:14] | That’s gotta rattle the nerves. | 一定把你吓坏了 |
[10:16] | Brick coming through the window. | 砖头居然破窗而入 |
[10:18] | It did, some. | 的确有点 |
[10:22] | So are you staying in the house? | 你还住在家里吗? |
[10:25] | We’ve got extra security now, so… | 现在有加派保安人员,所以… |
[10:28] | Well, it made me think of you, so I figured I’d just check in. | 我担心你,所以想问候你 |
[10:35] | I appreciate that. | 真是谢谢 |
[10:37] | We still haven’t talked, have we? | 我们还没谈呢? |
[10:41] | -There’s no need to. -I think we should. | – 没必要 – 我觉得有必要 |
[10:43] | Here’s how I see it. | 我是这么想的 |
[10:45] | You asked me to come down. I did. | 你要我过去,我去了 |
[10:48] | We both had ideas about what that could mean. | 我们都理解那代表的意义 |
[10:53] | Probably very similar ideas. | 或许相差无几 |
[10:56] | But then you changed your mind. | 但之后你改变主意 |
[10:59] | So be it. | 那就这样吧 |
[11:00] | There’s no reason we can’t be in touch or remain friends. | 我们还是可以连络 或继续当朋友 |
[11:06] | Let’s not fool ourselves, Adam. | 别自欺欺人了,亚当 |
[11:08] | So I won’t call again. | 我不会再打电话给你 |
[11:10] | -Done. -I’m not saying that. | – 结束了 – 这不是我的意思 |
[11:12] | What are you saying? | 那你的意思是? |
[11:16] | I just called because I care about you. | 我只是关心你才打电话 |
[11:20] | No agenda. | 没别的意思 |
[11:22] | If you wanna talk again, call me. | 如果你想再谈,就打电话给我 |
[11:24] | If not, I understand. It’s up to you. | 若不想,我了解,随你决定 |
[11:27] | You think I’m being unreasonable? | 你觉得我无理取闹? |
[11:28] | I think you’re doing whatever it is you need to do, | 我觉得你是做你该做的事 |
[11:31] | and I’m not gonna question it. | 我不会质疑这点 |
[11:34] | It was sweet of you to call. | 你打电话来真好 |
[11:36] | Listen, you probably need to get back to work. | 你大概得继续工作了 |
[11:38] | I know I do. I should go. | 我得继续工作,该挂电话了 |
[11:42] | Yeah. Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:43] | -Take care. -Okay. | – 保重 – 好 |
[11:58] | -Frank, you got a minute? -I’ll see you inside. | – 法兰,有时间吗? – 里面见 |
[12:05] | I wanna be governor, and I want your help. | 我想当州长,希望你能帮忙 |
[12:08] | -Am I still on the short list? -You are. | – 我还在人选名单上吗? – 是的 |
[12:12] | I haven’t had a drink in over a month. I’m clean. | 我一个多月滴酒不沾 我戒酒了 |
[12:15] | Is that because I asked, or because it’s what you want? | 这是因为我要求你戒酒 还是你想戒酒? |
[12:18] | It was about time I took responsibility for myself. | 该是我对自己负责的时候 |
[12:20] | Taking responsibility is one thing, and it’s admirable. | 负责是一回事,值得钦佩 |
[12:23] | But running for governor of a major state is a whole nother ball game. | 但是竞选大州的州长 就另当别论了 |
[12:27] | Let me tell you something, Frank. I got elected to Congress | 法兰,我跟你说,我入选国会 |
[12:29] | ’cause I seized the moment that opportunity struck. | 那是因为我抓住机会 |
[12:31] | You kept me on that list. I wanna seize that opportunity. | 你把我留在名单上 我想抓住那机会 |
[12:35] | If you help me out, I’ll give you everything I got. | 如果你帮我的忙 我会为你付出一切 |
[12:38] | Well, that’s all I’ve been waiting to hear. | 我就在等你这句话 |
[12:41] | All right. I’ll tell you what. | 好吧,我跟你说 |
[12:42] | I need to make some calls, check in with some people. | 我得打几通电话 和一些人谈谈 |
[12:44] | Give me a few days. I’ll get back to you. | 给我几天,我再回覆 |
[12:45] | -Of course. -And, Peter… | – 当然 – 还有,彼得… |
[12:49] | I feel like I’ve met the real you for the first time just now. | 我总算看到真正的你 |
[13:19] | Janet. | 珍妮 |
[13:21] | -ls this a bad time? -No. | – 不方便吗? – 不会 |
[13:23] | No, not at all. | 一点也不会 |
[13:25] | I’m sorry. I didn’t know you were coming. | 抱歉,我不知道你会来 |
[13:27] | Here. Take my chair. | 坐我的椅子吧 |
[13:29] | -No. I’m fine. -I’ll take these. | – 不用,没事 – 我来拿花 |
[13:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:35] | -Hello, Steve. -Hey. | – 你好,史提夫 – 你好 |
[13:38] | These could use some water. I’ll be right back. | 花需要加点水,我马上回来 |
[13:44] | Francis and I were so upset when we heard. | 法兰斯和我知道时很难过 |
[13:47] | I’m sorry I haven’t come sooner. | 抱歉我没能早点来 |
[13:50] | I didn’t want too many people knowing. | 我不想要太多人知道 |
[13:52] | Yes. | 我明白 |
[13:54] | Francis wishes he could be here. | 法兰斯很想过来 |
[13:56] | He wants you to know he’s praying for you. | 他希望你知道他为你祷告 |
[13:59] | Couldn’t make it? | 来不成? |
[14:00] | No, there’s a big teachers’ strike going on right now, | 没办法 现在有大规模的教师罢工 |
[14:03] | and he’s been stuck in his office for weeks. | 他困在办公室好几周了 |
[14:06] | I get it. I saw the news. | 我懂,我有看到新闻 |
[14:09] | -The brick. -Right. | – 砖头 – 对 |
[14:13] | I told Francis that probably wouldn’t have happened if you were there. | 我跟法兰斯说 若你在场,可能就不会发生了 |
[14:17] | No. Probably not. | 可能不会 |
[14:25] | I never seen him pray. | 我从未见过他祷告 |
[14:29] | Not in eight years. | 这八年都没见过 |
[14:33] | You said he was praying for me. | 你说他为我祷告 |
[14:41] | You’ve seen us in church. | 你看过我们上教堂 |
[14:43] | Yeah, but I never went inside. | 对,但是我从未进到教堂里面 |
[14:51] | They’re just gorgeous. | 这些花真美 |
[14:52] | Mrs. Underwood, thank you so much. | 安德沃夫人,谢谢你 |
[14:54] | Please, call me Claire. | 叫我克莱儿就好 |
[14:56] | -I know you got things to do. -Of course. | – 我知道你还有事要忙 – 是的 |
[14:58] | If you need anything at all, call me. You have my cell. | 若你有什么需要,就连络我 你有我的手机号码 |
[15:02] | Anything at all. And I’m sorry to have surprised you. | 任何事都没问题 很抱歉这次贸然而来 |
[15:06] | No. It was so nice of you to come. | 不会,你能来真好 |
[15:09] | Thank you. I know Steve appreciated it. | 谢谢,我知道史提夫很高兴 |
[15:14] | Check this out. | 看看这个 |
[15:22] | It’s foam. | 这是泡绵 |
[15:23] | -How many of these we have? -200. But I can get more. | – 这玩意我们有多少? – 两百个,但我能弄到更多 |
[15:26] | Get more. | 再弄些来 |
[15:35] | Bring it on! | 来啊! |
[15:38] | You need to give the teachers the respect they deserve. | 你得给教师该有的尊重 |
[15:58] | We can’t back away from this, Marty. | 不能让步了,马帝 |
[15:59] | -We’ve gotta face it head-on. -They provoked us. | – 我们得正面迎敌 – 是他们挑衅我们的 |
[16:02] | They were throwing foam. Our guys were throwing punches. | 他们丢泡绵 我们的人动的是拳脚 |
[16:04] | We’re gonna come off the bad guys here. | 我们会看起来像坏人 |
[16:06] | Okay. Okay. I get it. I get it. | 好吧,我懂 |
[16:09] | But I wanna be smart about this. | 但我要好好解决这件事 |
[16:12] | I wanna do something definitive that’ll put this to bed | 我要一劳永逸 |
[16:14] | – CNN -and get us back on message. -CNN. | – 让大家回到重点 |
[16:17] | One-on-one, you and Underwood. | 一对一,你和安德沃 |
[16:19] | 8:00 tonight. | 今晚8点 |
[16:20] | Frank is excellent in debates. | 法兰擅长辩论 |
[16:22] | Go strong against him. Address the brick right to his face. | 强势点 直接和他对质丢砖事件 |
[16:25] | -End of story. -Underwood says he’s in if you are. | – 就这样 – 安德沃说你去,他就去 |
[16:29] | Okay. But I want as much prep as possible, okay? | 好吧,但我要做好万全准备 |
[16:32] | I want to run questions. | 我想模拟一遍提问 |
[16:33] | You moderate, you play Underwood. | 你当中间人,你当安德沃 |
[16:35] | Wear this one. | 戴这条吧 |
[16:42] | Then come in here. I wanna put powder on you. | 再到这来,我帮你上粉 |
[16:43] | Well, there’s somebody at the studio can do that. | 摄影棚的人会弄的 |
[16:46] | Yes, and they always cake on too much. I’m doing it. | 他们总是扑太多粉,我来吧 |
[16:50] | War paint. | 战争妆 |
[16:52] | How bloody do you think it’ll be? | 你觉得会多激烈? |
[16:54] | I think I oughta be able to dispatch with him easily enough. | 我会轻易击败他 |
[16:59] | You remember Peter Russo? | 你还记得彼得鲁索吗? |
[17:01] | He’s doing well. He hasn’t had a drink in a month. | 他很好,一个月没喝酒了 |
[17:03] | Good for him. I like him. | 真好,我喜欢他 |
[17:05] | Good, because he could use your help. | 很好,他可能需要你帮忙 |
[17:08] | -How? -We’re running him for governor. | – 怎么帮? – 我们要帮他选州长 |
[17:10] | Ambitious. | 真有野心 |
[17:12] | We wanna create jobs in his district. | 我们要在他的选区 创造工作机会 |
[17:14] | It’s on the Delaware River. | 在德拉瓦河 |
[17:16] | I thought we might be able to put a bill together. | 我在想或许 我们能一起弄个提案 |
[17:19] | Something with an economic upside. | 有经济助益的提案 |
[17:21] | This has to do with the shipyard closing? | 这和造船厂关闭有关? |
[17:24] | We need the shipbuilders’ support for his campaign. | 我们需要造船厂员工 支持他竞选 |
[17:27] | You thinkyou might be able to draft a bill that he can sponsor? | 你能帮他草拟 他能赞助的提案吗? |
[17:30] | I’m really trying to focus on international projects, Francis. | 我想专注在国际计划,法兰斯 |
[17:33] | Not domestic legislation. | 不是国内立法 |
[17:34] | I understand, but I could really use your help, Claire. | 我知道,但我真的 很需要你的帮忙,克莱儿 |
[17:38] | Does Catherine Durant still owe us? | 凯萨琳杜伦还欠我们人情? |
[17:40] | When you make someone Secretary of State, they owe you for life. | 当你把人拱上国务卿 他们就欠你一辈子 |
[17:43] | We’re having trouble getting our water filters through Sudanese customs. | 我们的滤水器卡在苏丹海关 |
[17:46] | -I’ll call from the car. -Tomorrow’s fine. | – 我上车会打电话 – 明天就行了 |
[17:48] | -I would have done that anyway. -I know. | – 反正都得打电话 – 我知道 |
[17:51] | I’m ready for battle. | 我准备好开战了 |
[17:53] | You wanna come watch? | 你要来看吗? |
[17:54] | -No. You go on ahead. -Come on. | – 不了,你去吧 – 来吧 |
[17:57] | Watch me put the final nail in Spinella’s coffin. | 看我怎么打败史皮奈拉 |
[17:59] | It’ll be fun. | 会很好玩的 |
[18:06] | Marty. | 马帝 |
[18:08] | Frank. | 法兰 |
[18:15] | Come on, people. Take your marks. | 各位,就定位 |
[18:20] | Congressman, would you like to respond to that? | 议员,你要回应吗? |
[18:22] | Yes, I would. | 好的 |
[18:23] | $2 billion of taxpayers’ money being wasted. | 浪费纳税人20亿的辛苦钱 |
[18:26] | And Congress should be ashamed of itself for that, Frank. | 国会应当感到羞愧,法兰 |
[18:29] | What? Did Congress force the teachers to go on strike, Marty? | 什么?马帝 国会有逼迫教师罢工吗? |
[18:32] | -No, we didn’t. -Really, Frank? | – 才没有 – 法兰,是吗? |
[18:34] | When you threaten teachers’ ability to negotiate as a union, | 当你威胁教师工会的 协商能力 |
[18:37] | when you threaten their job security, | 威胁教师的工作保障 |
[18:39] | you threaten their livelihood, | 威胁教师的生计 |
[18:41] | of course you force them to strike. | 你当然逼迫教师罢工 |
[18:43] | And did we also force them to start throwing bricks at people’s houses? | 我们还逼迫教师 拿砖头砸别人的房子吗? |
[18:46] | You know what, I’m really glad you brought that up, | 我很高兴你提到这件事 |
[18:48] | because you know there’s absolutely no proof that | 你知道没有证据证明 |
[18:51] | that incident had anything to do with this strike. | 这个事件和这场罢工有关 |
[18:53] | And I wanna take the opportunity to say publicly | 我想藉此机会向大家说明 |
[18:55] | that we categorically condemn | 我们绝对谴责 |
[18:57] | any use of violence whatsoever, or intimidation. | 使用暴力或胁迫 |
[19:00] | What you’re saying, essentially, | 所以你是说 |
[19:01] | is that you can’t control your own people. | 你控制不好你的人 |
[19:03] | -That’s not what I’m saying. -That is what you’re saying. | – 我不是这个意思 – 你就是 |
[19:05] | You’re disorganized. | 你们毫无秩序 |
[19:06] | Disorganized labor. | 失序劳工 |
[19:08] | You know what, you could keep trotting out that phrase all you like, | 你爱怎么说就怎么说 |
[19:11] | but you know what I’d like to do, Frank? I would like to get back | 法兰,但你知道我想说什么? 我希望回归到 |
[19:14] | to the issue here of educating our children | 教育孩童的议题 |
[19:16] | and the fact that Congress is not living up to their commitment. | 国会并未兑现承诺 |
[19:19] | Well, you know what I would like? | 你知道我想要什么? |
[19:21] | What? | 什么? |
[19:23] | An apology. | 道歉 |
[19:24] | If not to me, then to my wife. | 不是向我道歉 而是向我老婆道歉 |
[19:28] | When that brick came through our window, it was terrifying. | 砖块砸进我家窗户非常恐怖 |
[19:31] | She’s standing right over there. | 她就站在那儿 |
[19:33] | -Claire? -We need camera two on the wife. | – 克莱儿? – 二号镜拍夫人 |
[19:35] | Now, why don’t you look her in the eye | 你何不看着她的眼睛 |
[19:36] | and tell her that your people had nothing to do with that brick. | 对她说 你的手下和砸砖事件无关 |
[19:42] | -Are you serious? -Yes. | – 你当真? – 对 |
[19:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:51] | Mrs. Underwood, Claire, | 安德沃夫人,克莱儿 |
[19:55] | I am sincerely sorry | 我非常遗憾 |
[19:57] | that you had to go through that ordeal, truly. | 你所经历的惊吓 |
[20:01] | And it actually sickens me | 这件事让我憎恶 |
[20:04] | that someone made you feel unsafe in your own home. | 居然有人让你在自己家里 感到不安 |
[20:08] | And I give you my word that to the best of my knowledge, | 我向你担保,据我所知 |
[20:11] | none of our people had anything to do with it. | 我的手下和这件事无关 |
[20:14] | But you know what sickens me more? | 但是你知道 什么事让我更憎恶吗? |
[20:17] | That right now, your husband is using you | 就是现在 你的老公居然利用你 |
[20:19] | as a prop on national television to try and win a debate. | 想在全国电视台赢得辩论 |
[20:23] | So I think you’re the one that owes your wife an apology, Frank. | 所以我觉得你才是 该向你老婆道歉的人,法兰 |
[20:26] | And when you’re done apologizing, | 道完歉后 |
[20:28] | can we please get back to the issue here | 我们是否可以回到议题 |
[20:29] | of educating our children? | 讨论孩童的教育? |
[20:31] | No. You’ve got this wrong, Marty. | 你错了,马帝 |
[20:32] | There is no “you” and “l” in education. | 教育不分你我 |
[20:36] | Well, I mean, yes, there’s the letters, | 当然,是有这些字母 |
[20:39] | “U” and “l” are in the word education. | 教育这个字有“U”和“I” |
[20:40] | But education with a capital “E”… | 但是有着大写“E”的教育… |
[20:45] | You know what I’m talking about. | 你懂我在说什么 |
[20:49] | I don’t think I do. | 我不懂 |
[20:51] | Yes, you do, Marty. | 你懂的,马帝 |
[20:53] | “U” and “I”, education. | “U”和“I”、教育 |
[20:57] | So, we’re gonna waste the rest of this debate naming all the vowels in… | 我们要浪费 剩下的辩论时间在发母音… |
[21:00] | I’m happy to play the vowel game. | 我很乐意玩母音游戏 |
[21:01] | You wanna play the vowel game with me? | 要和我玩吗? |
[21:03] | All right. “U” think “I” | 好吧, “你”觉得“我” |
[21:07] | “O” “U” | “欠” “你” |
[21:09] | “A” apology? | “一个”道歉? |
[21:11] | But no, no, no. | 但不对 |
[21:13] | “U” “O” “l.” | “你” “欠” “我” |
[21:18] | Interesting. You left out “E” for “Education.” | 真有趣 你忘了“教育”里的“E” |
[21:21] | -So let… -Defecation. | – 所以… – 澄清 |
[21:23] | Edification. I’m sorry. | 教导,抱歉 |
[21:25] | LOL. | 哈哈 |
[21:30] | You like Sesame Street so much? | 你这么喜欢《芝麻街》? |
[21:32] | Why don’t you give the kids the money they deserve? | 何不给孩童应得的补助? |
[21:33] | What I’m trying to say about education… | 我想说教育是… |
[21:39] | Well, I guess school’s still in session. | 看来学校还没停课 |
[21:42] | I guess you schooled me there, Marty. | 你给我上了一课,马帝 |
[21:44] | -Let’s move on. -Please. | – 我们继续吧 – 请 |
[21:46] | Humor aside, there are more important issues out there. | 撇开幽默 这里有更重要的议题 |
[21:54] | I had no intention of bringing you into this. | 我无意把你卷入这事 |
[21:58] | It wasn’t part of a plan. I would’ve told you if it was. | 这不是我的计划 如果是,我早就跟你说了 |
[22:00] | I know. | 我知道 |
[22:02] | The idea just struck me, and I went with it. | 我突然想到,就脱口而出 |
[22:09] | I don’t mind that you improvised. | 我不在乎你即兴发挥 |
[22:11] | I just wish you’d done it better. | 只是希望你能做得更好 |
[22:33] | Congressman Frank Underwood says he got, quote, schooled | 在本台昨晚的辩论中 议员法兰安德沃声称 |
[22:36] | by AFT spokesman and chief strategist, Martin Spinella, | 美国教师联盟发言人 和首席战略家 |
[22:39] | during a debate last night on this network. | 马帝史皮奈拉给他上了一课 |
[22:42] | In the past 24 hours, reruns of the gaffe | 过去24小时,电视台与网路 |
[22:44] | have played nonstop on TV news programs and the Internet. | 不断重播失态片段 |
[22:48] | A YouTube clip set to techno music | 线上影音网站 配上合成电子音乐 |
[22:50] | has logged more than 300, 000 hits | 吸引30多万人点击 |
[22:52] | and spawned dozens of other spoofs. | 还衍生许多其他的讽刺内容 |
[22:54] | No, no, no | 不对 |
[22:56] | “E” “O” “I” | “你” “欠” “我” |
[22:58] | With a capital “E” | 有着大写“E” |
[22:59] | Education LOL | 教育,哈哈 |
[23:01] | That was as clumsy as the Lee Harvey Oswald prison transfer. | 这和李哈维奥斯沃德的转狱 一样拙劣 |
[23:05] | What was he thinking? | 他在想什么? |
[23:16] | Just give me one second. | 稍等 |
[23:23] | There’s a deli down the street. | 这条街往下走有间小吃店 |
[23:35] | Patti, thanks for coming. | 派翠,谢谢你来 |
[23:36] | Sit down. You want some coffee? | 请坐,来点咖啡? |
[23:37] | No, thanks. I’m good. | 谢谢,我不用 |
[23:39] | Hey, did you see Bill Maher last night? | 昨晚有看《马赫脱口秀》吗? |
[23:41] | No, I didn’t. | 没有 |
[23:42] | It was about the CNN thing. | 在讨论CNN的事 |
[23:44] | I have to admit, Frank, it was kind of funny. | 法兰,我得说,真的有点好笑 |
[23:46] | Well, I’ll have to catch a rerun. | 那我得看看重播 |
[23:48] | How you doing? You holding up all right with the strike? | 你还好吗? 罢工的事还好吗? |
[23:50] | Let’s talk about Pennsylvania. | 我们来谈宾州吧 |
[23:52] | I have your candidate. | 我找到候选人了 |
[23:54] | Peter Russo. 1st Congressional District. | 彼得鲁索,第一国会选区 |
[23:56] | We crossed him off. | 我们删掉他了 |
[23:58] | I know. It’s a mistake. | 我知道,这是大错特错 |
[23:59] | He’s young, he’s handsome. He’s bright. | 他年轻有为又帅气 |
[24:01] | Nobody knows who he is outside of Philadelphia. | 出了宾州就没人知道他是谁 |
[24:03] | There’s no donor base, no infrastructure. | 没有金主,也没基础建设 |
[24:06] | You start me offwith funding from the DNC | 你让民主党全委会给我补助 |
[24:08] | and I’ll raise an army around this guy. | 我会为他建立一支大军 |
[24:09] | I will personally oversee his campaign. | 我会亲自督导他的竞选 |
[24:15] | Is that the best we can do? | 这是最佳方案吗? |
[24:16] | What’s better than a blank slate in the right hands? | 有什么比一张白纸更好? |
[24:21] | Ed, you need to go. | 爱德,快走吧 |
[24:23] | Congressman, do you have a moment? | 议员,你有时间吗? |
[24:25] | Thank you, Patti. | 谢谢你,派翠 |
[24:26] | -Have him call me. -I will. | – 叫他打电话给我 – 好 |
[24:28] | Ed? Please. | 爱德?拜托 |
[24:30] | -What is going on? -I’m taking care of it. | – 什么事? – 我来处理 |
[24:31] | One second, sir. Please. | 议员,一会儿就好,拜托 |
[24:33] | All right. Make it fast, Meechum. | 好吧,快点,米契 |
[24:36] | It’s not easy for me to ask this, | 我难以启齿 |
[24:37] | but I was wondering if you could put in a good word with my boss. | 但是我在想你能不能 跟我老板说点好话 |
[24:41] | A good word? | 好话? |
[24:42] | They’re going to discharge me, sir. | 他们要开除我,议员 |
[24:45] | I messed up. I’m fully aware. | 我很清楚我搞砸了 |
[24:47] | But my job, it means everything to me, | 但是我的工作对我很重要 |
[24:49] | and I know a good word from you would… | 我知道你说一句好话就能… |
[24:52] | Look, I have nothing against you personally, Meechum, | 我对你个人没有意见,米契 |
[24:54] | but I can’t get involved in these sort of affairs. | 但是我不能干涉这类事情 |
[24:56] | There’s protocols and rules. | 规定就是规定 |
[24:58] | Sir, please, if you spoke to Cardiff… | 议员,请你和卡帝夫… |
[24:59] | There is nothing that I can do. | 我无能为力 |
[25:01] | If anyone could convince the Captain, it would be you, Congressman. | 只有你能说服队长了,议员 |
[25:05] | I’m sorry. I wish you all the best, Meechum. | 抱歉,祝你好运,米契 |
[25:08] | Doug. | 道格 |
[25:13] | What did Barney Hull say? | 邦尼霍尔说了什么? |
[25:14] | That we’d be the first to know. | 我们会是第一个知道 |
[25:16] | I can’t believe there hasn’t been a single 911 call. | 不敢相信 到现在还没有报警电话 |
[25:19] | There’s been plenty. It’s just not the sort we’re after. | 是有很多 但不是我们要的那种 |
[25:22] | We got that kid in Atlanta. | 亚特兰大的孩子 |
[25:23] | No, it’s got to be here. I can’t be getting on a plane. | 不行,得要是这里的 我不能去搭飞机 |
[25:25] | It looks too opportunistic. | 看起来太取巧了 |
[25:27] | Maybe if we open it up a little bit? | 或许该扩大范围? |
[25:28] | No, we cannot lower our standards. | 我们不能降低水准 |
[25:30] | We just have to be patient. | 再耐心等等 |
[25:33] | New rule. Now that the debate’s over, | 新规则,既然辩论结束了 |
[25:34] | Frank Underwood has to tell us what the hell that was. | 法兰安德沃 得告诉我们究竟怎么回事 |
[25:38] | Seriously, Congressman, was that a joke? | 说真的,议员,那是开玩笑吗? |
[25:40] | I haven’t seen something just lay there like that since… | 我好久没看过这种事… |
[25:43] | I gotta go all the way back to my prom night. | 得回溯到我的高中舞会 |
[25:50] | Can we just settle this strike please? | 拜托解决这场罢工 |
[25:52] | Teachers have been out of the classroom for so long, | 教师离开教室很久了 |
[25:54] | middle-schoolers are starting to have sex with each other. | 中学生开始偷尝禁果 |
[25:59] | Enough. | 够了 |
[26:00] | I don’t know why you had it on in the first place. | 我不懂你为什么要看 |
[26:06] | I love you, Francis. | 我爱你,法兰斯 |
[26:10] | I know. | 我知道 |
[26:13] | We should say that more often to each other. | 我们该多对彼此说这句话 |
[26:20] | I need to clear my head. | 我得清理思绪 |
[26:57] | …north and east of the airport. | …在机场北边与东边 |
[26:59] | I’m gonna need that in time for that meeting. | 开会前帮我弄好 |
[27:01] | Peter, let’s talk. | 彼得,我们谈谈吧 |
[27:09] | So. I’ve spoken to Patricia Whittaker. She’s on board. | 我和派翠西亚惠特克谈过 她同意了 |
[27:13] | You’ll be getting $4 million in start-up funding from the DNC. | 你会得到民主党全委会 四百万启动补助 |
[27:17] | I’ll pick the team. You announce in August. | 我来挑选团队,你八月宣布 |
[27:19] | But the campaign starts today. | 但是选战今天就展开 |
[27:22] | Are you ready? | 你做好准备了吗? |
[27:23] | I’ve already put together a platform. | 我已经拟好一份政纲 |
[27:25] | It’s mostly broad strokes, but we can hone it. | 还是泛泛之论 但我们可以多加琢磨 |
[27:27] | Good. The first thing we need to address is your sobriety. | 很好,我们的首要任务 就是你戒酒 |
[27:30] | You don’t need to worry about that. | 你不用担心 |
[27:32] | Have you been going to meetings? | 你有参加聚会吗? |
[27:34] | You mean AA? | 你是说戒酒会? |
[27:35] | -Yes. -That’s not really my thing. | – 对 – 我不喜欢这档子事 |
[27:39] | If you want my help, | 如果你要我帮忙 |
[27:41] | then going to meetings is my one requirement. | 那参加聚会是我的要求 |
[27:45] | I know I had a problem, Frank. | 我知道我有酗酒问题,法兰 |
[27:47] | I accept that. | 我承认 |
[27:48] | And I’ve taken responsibility for that, | 我对此负责 |
[27:50] | but I don’t think going to meetings is necessary. | 但是没必要去参加聚会 |
[27:52] | You cannot white-knuckle your recovery, Peter. | 你在恢复期 不能靠意志力撑下去,彼得 |
[27:55] | This campaign will be the hardest thing you’ve ever done in your life. | 这场竞选会是 你一生做过最艰困的事 |
[27:58] | I realize that. I’m prepared for that. | 我明白,我准备好了 |
[27:59] | You think you are. | 你认为你准备好了 |
[28:01] | But we can’t take any chances. | 但是我们经不起任何风险 |
[28:03] | The party’s investing in you. | 党部对你寄予厚望 |
[28:05] | I need to make sure you’re investing in yourself. | 我必须确保你全力以赴 |
[28:13] | All right. I’ll do whatever I have to do. | 好吧,我会尽力而为 |
[28:15] | Good. You’ll start tomorrow morning. | 很好,明早开始 |
[28:17] | -Doug will take you. -Stamper? | – 道格会带你去 – 史坦普? |
[28:19] | He’s been sober 14 years. | 他戒酒14年了 |
[28:21] | Doug has a drinking problem? | 道格有酗酒问题? |
[28:22] | Had. Not anymore. He’ll be your sponsor. | 曾经,现在没了 他会当你的保证人 |
[28:25] | In the meantime, I want you to meet with my wife, Claire. | 同时,我要你 去见我的老婆,克莱儿 |
[28:27] | She runs the Clean Water lnitiative. | 她推动净水创权 |
[28:28] | She’s expecting you, | 她等着见你 |
[28:29] | so clear your schedule and head over there now. | 所以空出你的行程 现在就去那里 |
[28:32] | Frank. | 法兰 |
[28:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:37] | For believing in me. | 谢谢你相信我 |
[28:39] | You’re gonna make a great candidate, Peter. | 你会是绝佳候选人,彼得 |
[28:47] | The shipyard closing frees up 1,100 acres of federal land. | 造船厂关闭空出 一千一百英亩的联邦土地 |
[28:52] | Our goal is to pass a Watershed Act for the Delaware River. | 我们的目的是 通过德拉瓦河分水岭法案 |
[28:55] | We develop the land in an environmentally responsible way, | 我们用环保方式开发土地 |
[28:58] | creating jobs in the process. | 同时创造工作机会 |
[29:00] | -How many jobs? -Thousands. | – 多少工作? – 数以千计 |
[29:01] | We’re aiming for the $200 million mark. | 目标收益两亿 |
[29:04] | We got a lot of work to do. | 我们有一堆事要做 |
[29:06] | We do, but you can start with the congressmen | 没错,但你能从议员着手 |
[29:07] | whose districts fall within the watershed. | 找出落在分水岭内的选区 |
[29:10] | Do you have a draft of the bill you can show me? | 你能给看我草案吗? |
[29:11] | We haven’t sponsored any environmental legislation. | 我们从未发起环境立法 |
[29:17] | We’ll draft it in consultation with your staff. | 我们会和你的手下 讨论草案内容 |
[29:19] | Gillian will be the point person on our end. | 吉莉安是这边的主要负责人 |
[29:21] | I don’t have any legislation experience. | 我没有立法经验 |
[29:23] | -I’ll help you. -When do we start? | – 我会帮你 – 何时开始? |
[29:24] | We just did. | 已经开始了 |
[29:26] | Will you introduce him to the research team? | 介绍他给研究小组 |
[29:27] | -I’ll be there in one second. -Sure. | – 我等会就过去 – 好的 |
[29:38] | Mr. President? | 总统先生? |
[29:39] | I want it over. | 结束这一切 |
[29:41] | -As soon as possible. -Gut the bill, Frank. | – 越快越好 – 修改提案,法兰 |
[29:43] | Do whatever’s necessary to end this. | 采取必要措施结束罢工 |
[29:44] | Mr. President, if we give in now, | 总统先生,如果现在屈服 |
[29:46] | the public won’t credit you with a victory. | 大众不会觉得你赢得胜利 |
[29:47] | Not even a hollow one. They’ll chalk it up as a colossal defeat. | 连边都沾不上 他们会说我们节节败退 |
[29:51] | Well, that’s on you, Frank. | 那是你的过失,法兰 |
[29:53] | You let this situation devolve to where it is. | 你让局势演变得一发不可收拾 |
[29:55] | I’ve already been blamed for the largest teachers’ strike in U.S. history. | 美国史上最大规模教师罢工 使我备受指摘 |
[29:58] | I won’t be held accountable for it dragging on months and months. | 我不会为歹戏拖棚负责 |
[30:01] | Mr. President, we have to end this strike on your terms. | 总统先生 我们要用你的关系结束罢工 |
[30:04] | -Not anyone else’s. -How? | – 不能用别人的 – 怎么做? |
[30:07] | By debating Marty Spinella on CNN? | 和马帝史皮奈拉在CNN辩论? |
[30:11] | Sir, you have placed your faith in me thus far. | 总统,你一向对我信任有加 |
[30:14] | I would ask that you continue to do so. | 我恳求你继续信任我 |
[30:16] | Well, whatever you’re doing, Frank, isn’t working, so I’m stepping in. | 你的做法毫无效用,法兰 所以我要介入 |
[30:19] | Gut the bill. Like Linda said. | 照琳达说的,修改提案 |
[30:20] | No. | 不行 |
[30:24] | I’m sorry, Mr. President, but I will not do that. | 抱歉,总统先生,我办不到 |
[30:30] | Are you letting pride cloud your judgment, Frank? | 你让骄傲冲昏脑袋了,法兰? |
[30:33] | Respectfully, sir, you’re allowing fear to cloud yours. | 恕我直言,总统 是你让恐惧冲昏你的脑袋 |
[30:37] | Not an easy thing, to say no | 对自由世界最有权势的人 |
[30:38] | to the most powerful man in the free world. | 说不并不容易 |
[30:41] | But sometimes the only way to gain your superior’s respect | 但有时唯一 能赢取上级尊重的方法 |
[30:44] | is to defy him. | 就是违抗 |
[30:50] | What do we have on the schedule, Linda? | 琳达,今天行程是? |
[30:52] | Your meeting with the Fed Oversight Committee. | 你要和联邦监督委员会开会 |
[30:54] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢,总统先生 |
[30:55] | -Do you have my briefing? -Right here. | – 你有我的简报? – 这里 |
[30:56] | Good. Let’s look it over. | 很好,我们看一遍 |
[31:00] | Hi. How’d it go with Peter? | 你好,和彼得谈得如何? |
[31:03] | It went well. | 很顺利 |
[31:05] | -ls he game? -Completely. | – 他投入吗? – 非常投入 |
[31:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:08] | That’s a big weight off my shoulders. | 我如释重负 |
[31:10] | You sound tired. | 你听起来很疲惫 |
[31:11] | Tired. Impatient. | 疲惫、不耐烦 |
[31:13] | What can I do? | 我能帮什么忙? |
[31:15] | Nothing. This one’s up to fate. | 不用了,这只能听天由命 |
[31:17] | I don’t like when we leave things to fate. | 我不喜欢听天由命 |
[31:20] | Neither do I. | 我也不喜欢 |
[31:23] | Does that mean I’m gonna have the bed to myself tonight? | 这是说我今晚得独守空闺? |
[31:26] | Probably. | 可能吧 |
[31:28] | Can’t Doug man the fort? | 道格不能顶替你吗? |
[31:30] | Well, he could, but I’d just toss and turn. | 他可以,但是我会辗转难眠 |
[31:32] | If I’m not gonna sleep, I might as well not sleep here. | 既然睡不着 干脆在这里熬夜好了 |
[31:35] | Well, I’ll leave the ringer on. | 好吧,我会开着手机 |
[31:37] | Call me if you want company. | 想要人陪伴就打电话给我 |
[31:39] | I will. Good night. | 好,晚安 |
[31:42] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[31:46] | You should go home. I could take it from here. | 你应该回家 我可以处理剩下的 |
[31:48] | Vigilance. It’s good for the soul. | 谨慎,这有益无害 |
[31:51] | 10-59. Corner of 16th and Q. 10-59. | 安检,16街和Q街转角 |
[31:56] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[31:58] | Disorderly conduct. | 妨碍治安 |
[32:04] | Do you believe in karma? | 你信因果报应吗? |
[32:07] | Absolutely not. | 当然不信 |
[32:10] | Well, I do. | 我信 |
[32:11] | At least tonight. | 至少今晚 |
[32:13] | Get Captain Cardiff on the phone. | 打电话给卡帝夫队长 |
[32:14] | Let’s do something about Meechum. | 我们来处理米契的事 |
[32:16] | -What? -Get him his job back. | – 什么? – 帮他保住饭碗 |
[32:19] | He fired his weapon. | 他开枪了 |
[32:20] | He overreacted. | 他反应过度 |
[32:22] | Cardiff. On the phone. Now. | 现在就打给卡帝夫 |
[32:30] | Nancy, give me Captain Cardiff, please. | 南茜,帮我接卡帝夫队长 |
[32:32] | We might as well do one productive thing while we wait. | 反正也是等 不如做点有用的事 |
[32:36] | It requires very little of me and will mean the world to him. | 这对我只是举手之劳 对他却意义重大 |
[32:40] | It’s a very inexpensive investment. | 这是非常便宜的投资 |
[32:41] | Hello, sir. This is Doug Stamper. | 我是道格史坦普 |
[32:43] | I have Francis Underwood for you. | 法兰斯安德沃想跟你谈话 |
[32:45] | I got him on. | 我接通了 |
[32:49] | Captain, I know it’s late, | 队长,我知道很晚了 |
[32:52] | but I’d like to talk to you about Edward Meechum. | 但是我想和你谈谈 爱德华米契的事 |
[33:03] | Good morning, gentlemen. | 早安,先生 |
[33:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:16] | Are you hungry? | 饿吗? |
[33:34] | You have any trouble getting in? | 进来难吗? |
[33:35] | No, they made me put it through the X-ray machine twice, | 不会,只是他们用X光 检查了两遍食物 |
[33:38] | so I hope it didn’t overcook it. | 希望不要过熟才好 |
[33:41] | Frank, you always pay too much. This is way too much. | 法兰,你每次都付太多钱 这样太多了 |
[33:44] | It’s for the inconvenience. | 这是为了弥补你的不便 |
[33:46] | You know, 20 years you been coming to my joint. | 你光顾我的店20年了 |
[33:50] | This is the first time I’ve been to yours. | 我头一回来你办公室 |
[33:51] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎样? |
[33:54] | -I could get used to it. -Well, you’re welcome any time. | – 还不错 – 欢迎随时光临 |
[33:57] | -Thank you, Freddy. -Always, Frank. | – 谢谢,弗莱迪 – 别客气,法兰 |
[34:01] | We got a 27 Delta two. 446 3rd Street… | 第三街446号有起… |
[34:04] | -That’s a drive-by shooting. -Get details. | – 那是驾车枪击 – 查出细节 |
[34:22] | Sir, I want to thank you for talking to the Captain. | 议员,谢谢你和队长说情 |
[34:25] | He told me you called, and I can’t tell you how grateful I am. | 他告诉我你打了电话 真是感激不尽 |
[34:31] | I want you to listen very closely | 我要你仔细听清楚 |
[34:33] | to what I’m about to say. | 我现在说的话 |
[34:35] | From this moment on, you are a rock. | 从现在起,你就是石头 |
[34:39] | You absorb nothing, you say nothing, | 不听信他人之言,守口如瓶 |
[34:43] | and nothing breaks you. | 如金刚不摧 |
[34:46] | -ls that clear? -Yes, sir. | – 明白吗? – 是的,议员 |
[34:49] | Welcome back. | 欢迎归队 |
[35:28] | Steve? | 史提夫? |
[35:30] | I’ll leave you be. | 我就不打扰你们了 |
[35:33] | Where… Where’s Janet? | 珍妮…在哪? |
[35:36] | She’s been here every day for the last few weeks. | 过去这几周她每天守在这儿 |
[35:40] | I told her, go home, get some rest. | 我要她回家休息 |
[35:42] | Well, is everything okay? | 一切都好吗? |
[35:43] | Your text said it was important. | 你传简讯说很重要 |
[35:46] | I don’t know how to put this. | 我不知该如何启齿 |
[35:50] | The thing is, l… | 事情是这样的,我… |
[35:53] | I’ve been thinking. | 我一直在想 |
[35:55] | A lot. | 许多事 |
[35:59] | About my life. | 想我这辈子 |
[36:01] | About the things I haven’t done. | 想我没做过的事 |
[36:04] | Things I haven’t said. | 我没说过的话 |
[36:10] | I hate your husband. | 我恨你的老公 |
[36:17] | A lot of people do. | 许多人恨他 |
[36:20] | The past eight years, I watched over him. | 过去八年来,我看守着他 |
[36:29] | But it wasn’t him I was watching. | 但我看的不是他 |
[36:33] | And every time I saw you, | 每回我见到你 |
[36:36] | every time I heard your voice, | 每次我听到你的声音 |
[36:38] | all I could think to myself was, | 我能想到的就是 |
[36:40] | “Jesus, what I wouldn’t give.” | “天啊,我愿付出一切” |
[36:46] | I can’t tell you how many times I thought about that. | 这个念头在我心中盘旋无数回 |
[37:00] | You know what Francis said to me when he proposed? | 你知道法兰斯向我求婚时 说什么吗? |
[37:03] | I remember his exact words. | 我记得他的一字一句 |
[37:06] | He said, “Claire, if all you want is happiness, | 他说: “克莱儿 如果你只求快乐 |
[37:10] | “say no. | “那就拒绝吧 |
[37:14] | “I’m not gonna give you a couple of kids | “我不会跟你生好几个孩子 |
[37:16] | “and count the days until retirement. | “倒数退休的日子 |
[37:19] | “l promise you freedom from that. | “我保证你不会这样 |
[37:21] | “l promise you’ll never be bored.” | “我保证你永远不会感到无聊” |
[37:28] | You know, he was the only man, | 他是唯一一个 |
[37:29] | and there were a lot of others who proposed. | 以前我有许多追求者 |
[37:31] | But he was the only one who understood me. | 但他是唯一懂我的人 |
[37:38] | He didn’t put me on some pedestal. | 他不把我当女神看待 |
[37:40] | He knew that I didn’t want to be adored or coddled. | 他知道我不想被崇拜或宠爱 |
[37:45] | So he took my hand and he put a ring on it. | 所以他拿起我的手 为我戴上戒指 |
[37:49] | Because he knew I’d say yes. | 因为他知道我会答应 |
[37:53] | He’s a man who knows how to take what he wants. | 他知道怎么 取得自己想要的事物 |
[38:08] | Is this what you wanted? | 这是你要的吗? |
[38:11] | Is that the way you wanted it? | 你想要这样吗? |
[38:13] | Stop. Stop. | 住手 |
[38:15] | Please. Please. Stop. | 拜托,住手 |
[38:19] | Don’t. | 不要 |
[38:28] | You told me your truth. | 你告诉我实话 |
[38:30] | Now you know mine. | 现在你也知道我的了 |
[39:09] | Hey, it’s Peter. | 我是彼得 |
[39:10] | I don’t expect you to call me back, | 我不期待你回电 |
[39:13] | but I wanted to let you know I stopped drinking last night, | 但是我想让你知道 我昨晚停止喝酒了 |
[39:18] | and I went to my first AA meeting this morning. | 今早第一次去戒酒聚会 |
[39:22] | I’m supposed to reach out and make amends to those I’ve hurt. | 我该弥补那些受我伤害的人 |
[39:29] | But I guess the real reason I called you | 但是我想打电话给你 |
[39:30] | is just to say I love you and I miss you. | 其实是想说我爱你,我想你 |
[39:37] | I hope you’re well. | 我希望你一切都好 |
[39:48] | This is work, not play. | 这是工作,不是玩乐 |
[39:50] | Then why’d you bother coming over? | 那你为什么过来? |
[39:52] | I was hoping you’d answer the door naked. | 我本来希望你光溜溜来开门 |
[39:55] | That would be play. | 那会是玩乐 |
[39:57] | That would be work with a view. | 那会是有看头的工作 |
[39:58] | Sorry to disappoint. | 抱歉让你失望了 |
[40:00] | How many characters in a tweet? | 一则推文能写几个字? |
[40:02] | 140. | 140个字 |
[40:03] | Type this, let me know where you land. | 写下我的话 告诉我写了几个字 |
[40:06] | Eight-year-old Washington D.C. boy | 八岁的华府男孩 |
[40:08] | killed by a stray bullet in gangland shoot-out. | 在帮派枪战中遭流弹射中死亡 |
[40:12] | 61 characters left. | 还剩61个字 |
[40:16] | He should have been in school? | 他应该在学校? |
[40:21] | 30 left. | 还剩30个字 |
[40:22] | Spinella to blame. Question mark. | 史皮奈拉的责任,问号 |
[40:26] | -128. -Press send. | – 128个字 – 按传送 |
[40:31] | Now give me a name, details. | 给我名字、细节 |
[40:32] | Tyler Davis. Third-grader at Vernon Baker Elementary. | 泰勒戴维 就读维蒙贝克小学三年级 |
[40:35] | Shot outside his home in Southeast just before noon today. | 今天接近中午时 在东南区的家门外中枪 |
[40:41] | Sent. Where are you going? | 传送了,你要去哪? |
[40:43] | -To see the mother. -You don’t wanna… | – 去探望死者母亲 – 你不想… |
[40:45] | There’s work to do. I’ll see you later tonight. | 有事要办,晚点来看你 |
[40:49] | Tyler never did anything wrong. | 泰勒从没做过坏事 |
[40:52] | He was a good boy. | 他是个好孩子 |
[40:55] | Everybody loved him. | 大家都爱他 |
[40:59] | It’s okay. | 没事了 |
[41:01] | If Tyler’s school had been in session, | 如果泰勒的学校有上课 |
[41:03] | this senseless killing would have never taken place. | 就不会被错杀了 |
[41:06] | We need to end this strike now | 我们必须立刻结束罢工 |
[41:08] | and get all our children back in school where they belong, | 让所有孩子回到学校 |
[41:11] | before we risk another death like this. | 以免发生类似的死亡事件 |
[41:14] | So, Mr. Spinella, I am headed to the Capitol right now, | 史皮奈拉先生 我现在就去国会大楼 |
[41:18] | and I will remain there until you are ready to meet and talk | 等你来和我谈话 |
[41:21] | so that we can end this pointless strike. | 让我们结束这场没意义的罢工 |
[41:25] | Thank you all for coming. | 谢谢大家前来 |
[41:26] | Let’s go back inside. | 我们进去吧 |
[41:30] | Mr. Spinella, one question. | 史皮奈拉先生,就一个问题 |
[41:32] | Mr. Spinella is not gonna make comments at this time. | 史皮奈拉先生目前无可奉告 |
[41:35] | No comment. No comment. | 无可奉告 |
[41:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:54] | Frank. | 法兰 |
[42:06] | So? | 怎样? |
[42:09] | You said you wanted to talk. | 你说你想谈谈 |
[42:14] | You said you wanted to work out a compromise. | 你说你想找出妥协方案 |
[42:18] | I lied. | 我说谎 |
[42:19] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[42:21] | I have no intention of working out a compromise. | 我无意找出妥协方案 |
[42:27] | So then why the fuck are we here, Frank? | 那在这里会面是要怎样,法兰? |
[42:40] | What the hell’s the matter with you? You think this is some kind of a game? | 你有什么毛病? 你以为这是什么游戏吗? |
[42:43] | No. | 不是 |
[42:44] | These are real people with families to feed. | 这些人有家庭要养 |
[42:52] | Would you please stop that? | 你可以停止吗? |
[42:54] | Stop what? | 停止什么? |
[42:57] | In five seconds, I’m out of here. | 再五秒,我就走人 |
[42:59] | One. | 一 |
[43:01] | Two. | 二 |
[43:03] | Three. | 三 |
[43:05] | -Four. -Goodbye, Frank. | – 四 – 再见,法兰 |
[43:08] | You know the difference between you and me, Marty? | 马帝,你知道你我的差别吗? |
[43:14] | What? | 什么? |
[43:15] | I’m a white-trash cracker from a white-trash town | 我是来自贫穷白人小镇的穷白人 |
[43:18] | that no one would even bother to piss on. | 根本无人理会 |
[43:20] | But here’s the difference. | 但差别就在这里 |
[43:21] | I’ve made something of myself. | 我让自己功成名就 |
[43:22] | I have the keys to the Capitol. People respect me. | 我成为国会重量级人物 大家尊重我 |
[43:25] | But you, you’re still nothing. | 但是你呢,你什么都不是 |
[43:27] | You’re just an uppity dago in an expensive suit | 你只是穿着昂贵西装 盛气凌人的义大利佬 |
[43:29] | turning tricks for the unions. | 向工会求欢 |
[43:31] | Nobody respects the unions anymore, Marty. | 没人尊重工会了,马帝 |
[43:33] | They’re dying. And no one respects you. | 工会就快灭亡,没人尊重你 |
[43:37] | The most you’ll ever make of yourself | 你这辈子顶多就是 |
[43:38] | is blowing men like me. | 为我这种人吹箫 |
[43:41] | Men with real power. | 有真正权力的人 |
[43:44] | Yes. I can smell the cock on your breath from here. | 我从这里就闻得到 你嘴里的骚气 |
[43:48] | You think you can get under my skin? | 你以为这样能让我发火? |
[43:50] | -I know I can. -Yeah. | – 我知道我可以 – 是 |
[43:53] | Kiss my ass, Frank. | 去死吧,法兰 |
[43:56] | -You can’t afford to walk out. -Watch me. | – 你不敢走出去的 – 走着瞧 |
[43:58] | I’ve got a dead, underprivileged kid in my pocket. | 我这里有个死去的贫困孩子 |
[44:01] | What do you have? | 你有什么? |
[44:03] | I have two million honorable teachers. | 两百万受敬重的教师 |
[44:06] | Fair enough. But I got something even better. | 说得好,但我还有更棒的 |
[44:13] | Go ahead. Open it. | 来吧,打开 |
[44:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[44:21] | I’ll play your game. | 我就陪你玩这场游戏 |
[44:34] | You’re an idiot. | 你是白痴 |
[44:38] | Stamper threw it. | 是史坦普丢的 |
[44:48] | You’re full of shit. | 你胡扯 |
[44:50] | No, Stamper threw the brick. | 砖头是史坦普丢的 |
[44:52] | And I made sure Claire distracted my security. | 我要克莱儿支开保全 |
[44:55] | Are you kidding me? | 你在开玩笑吗? |
[44:57] | And to think you wanted me to apologize to my wife. | 你还要我向我老婆道歉 |
[45:00] | You would do something that low, Frank? | 你居然做如此下流的事,法兰? |
[45:02] | I arranged the brick, Marty, | 我设下砖头的局,马帝 |
[45:04] | just like I arranged this meeting this afternoon. | 正如我安排今天下午这场会面 |
[45:06] | Back off, Frank. | 后退,法兰 |
[45:07] | Why don’t you just get down on your knees | 你何不跪下 |
[45:09] | -where you really belong? -Back off, Frank. | – 回到你的位置? – 后退,法兰 |
[45:11] | Because the only thing you’re gonna get from me | 你唯一能从我身上得到的 |
[45:13] | -is cum on your… -Fuck you! | – 就是射精… – 去你的! |
[45:22] | Everything okay in there, sir? | 议员,一切还好吗? |
[45:35] | Look, I’ll tell them you provoked me. | 我会说是你挑衅我 |
[45:37] | I’ll tell them that you threw the brick yourself. | 我会说是你自己丢砖块 |
[45:39] | And who’s going to believe you? | 谁会相信你呢? |
[45:41] | You just assaulted a United States Congressman, | 你刚袭击美国议员 |
[45:44] | which is a felony. | 这是重罪 |
[45:47] | But I’m not gonna press charges, Marty. | 但是我不会起诉,马帝 |
[45:50] | Because the strike ends now. | 因为罢工就此结束 |
[46:16] | You think it’ll leave a scar? | 会留下疤痕吗? |
[46:19] | I have a thick skin. | 我的皮很厚 |
[46:24] | The next time you ask me to invite someone in for coffee, | 下次你要我邀人进来喝咖啡 |
[46:28] | will you please make sure no guns go off? | 拜托别弄到擦枪走火 |
[46:32] | I’ll do my best. | 我会尽力 |
[46:34] | I saw Steve again today. | 我今天又去看了史提夫 |
[46:36] | -How is he? -ln a lot of pain. | – 他还好吗? – 很痛苦 |
[46:41] | Should I go see him? | 我该去看他吗? |
[46:42] | I don’t think you need to. | 不用了 |
[46:48] | Zoe Barnes. | 乔伊邦斯 |
[46:51] | When he dies, we’ll pay for his funeral. | 他过世后,我们帮他出钱办丧礼 |
[46:57] | You don’t need to take it? | 你不接吗? |
[46:59] | No. | 不了 |
[47:02] | I’m done with work today. | 我今天忙完工作了 |