时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:03] | You’re parsing the law. | 你讲的是法律 |
[01:05] | And I’m talking about a spiritual code. | 我讲的则是精神层面的法则 |
[01:08] | Confidentiality is a covenant. | 保密协议是一份契约 |
[01:10] | Not only between myself and those I counsel, | 不仅在我和接受我咨询的人之间成立 |
[01:12] | but also between myself and the Lord. | 在我自己和上帝之间也成立 |
[01:15] | Dr. Larkin, my chief focus here is the money laundering. | 拉金博士 我现在重点关注的是洗钱案 |
[01:18] | If the President brought up Xander Feng, | 如果总统先生提到过冯山德 |
[01:21] | Raymond Tusk, the Adohi Casino– | 雷蒙德·塔斯克 还有阿道希赌场 |
[01:23] | It doesn’t matter what the focus is. | 不管重点是什么 |
[01:24] | I can’t share anything we discussed privately. | 我都不能向你透露私人谈话的内容 |
[01:27] | Religious guidance is protected. | 宗教指导受法律保护 |
[01:29] | But you were also conducting professional therapy. | 但你也提供专业的心理咨询 |
[01:31] | I never claimed that. | 这我从未承认过 |
[01:32] | Mr. And Mrs. Keith confirmed as much. | 基斯先生及太太已经证实了 |
[01:35] | We were at their house. | 我们是去了他们家 |
[01:37] | But they didn’t participate in any of our conversations. | 但他们并没有参与谈话 |
[01:40] | So how would they know? | 他们又怎么可能知道 |
[01:41] | So you’re saying you only gave religious counsel? | 你是说你只提供宗教咨询吗 |
[01:45] | That’s how I choose to interpret it. | 这是我对我工作的理解 |
[01:49] | The President and his wife have never once attended your church. | 总统夫妇从没去过你的教堂 |
[01:53] | They’re not even the same denomination. | 甚至都和你不是一个教派的 |
[01:55] | Irrelevant. | 无关紧要 |
[01:56] | Not legally speaking. | 法律上可紧要得很 |
[01:58] | I’m certain I can convince a judge to issue a subpoena | 我绝对能说服法官发传票给你 |
[02:01] | on the grounds that you weren’t their legitimate spiritual advisor. | 因为你并非总统夫妇正式的宗教导师 |
[02:04] | Which is your prerogative. | 那是你的特权 |
[02:06] | But I can appeal. And I would. | 但我会上诉 我肯定会 |
[02:09] | You’d lose. | 那你一定败诉 |
[02:13] | The only circumstance by which I would talk | 除非对方放弃保密权利 |
[02:15] | is if someone personally waived their privilege. | 我绝不会回答你的问题 |
[02:18] | Otherwise I’d rather face contempt of court. | 否则我宁可被判蔑视法庭 |
[02:21] | It’s a matter of ethics. | 这事关道德 |
[02:32] | Mr. President. Ah, you brought it back in. | 总统先生 你又把沙袋挪回来了 |
[02:37] | Floyd Mayweather visited the White House this morning. | 弗洛伊德·梅威瑟[著名拳击手]今早来白宫参观 |
[02:39] | I thought he’d get a kick out of it. | 我觉得他看见这个肯定很兴奋 |
[02:40] | Did he have a go at it? | 他没打几拳 |
[02:41] | He threw a combination I thought would bust the stitching loose. | 他打了套组合拳 我都担心把沙袋打爆了 |
[02:44] | Well, that must have been a treat to watch. | 那场面一定很好看 |
[02:46] | He was telling me it’s not just about the power. | 他告诉我 这不仅仅是力量的问题 |
[02:49] | Plenty of boxers are more powerful than he is. | 比他更有力量的拳手不少 |
[02:51] | No, it’s his tactics, his precision, his speed. | 关键是他的战术 他的准头和速度 |
[02:54] | Most important? His counter punch. | 最重要的一点 就是他的反击 |
[02:58] | He dances and dodges and then picks the perfect moment to strike. | 他躲闪腾挪 选择最完美的时机一拳制胜 |
[03:04] | Does that sound familiar? | 听着耳熟吗 |
[03:06] | How do you mean, sir? | 什么意思 先生 |
[03:08] | You gave this to me as a gesture of friendship. | 你送我这个沙袋 作为友谊的表示 |
[03:11] | When I look at this now, I don’t see friendship. | 但我现在看着它 却感受不到友谊 |
[03:16] | I see calculation. | 我看到的是算计 |
[03:21] | You set me up, Frank. | 你算计我 弗兰克 |
[03:24] | What? | 什么 |
[03:25] | Your back channeling. The special prosecutor. | 你的私下接触 还有特别检察官 |
[03:29] | When I think about Raymond, about Linda, about Jim Matthews… | 再想想雷蒙德 琳达 还有吉姆·马修斯 |
[03:35] | You are wrong, sir. | 你想错了 先生 |
[03:38] | Questions from Dunbar about the marriage counseling. | 这是邓巴就婚姻咨询问的问题 |
[03:42] | “It’s a needle in the haystack she’s not trying to find.” | “那是大海里的一根针 还不是邓巴要找的那根” |
[03:45] | That’s what you said. Well, she found the needle. | 这是你的原话 她还真就捞着了 |
[03:49] | I am shocked, sir. I — I never — | 我非常震惊 我绝没 |
[03:50] | Like hell you are. You want to deminish me. | 你震惊才怪 你想削弱我的权威 |
[03:54] | Diminish you? | 削弱你的权威 |
[03:55] | Laying the groundwork for a challenge in 2016. | 为你2016年挑战我打基础 |
[03:59] | I am sorry to have to say this, sir, but you are being ludicrous. | 恕我无礼 但你这论调太荒唐了 |
[04:02] | Do you really think I’m so blind? | 你真以为我瞎了吗 |
[04:05] | A vice president has never challenged a sitting president. | 从没有哪个副总统挑战过在位总统 |
[04:09] | You’ve climbed the ladder doing things other men would never do. | 你往上爬的过程中已经做过不少别人不会做的事了 |
[04:12] | Always in service to you and the party. | 全都是为了服务于你和本党的利益 |
[04:15] | It was you idea to hand over those logs. | 交出行程记录是你的主意 |
[04:17] | You connected the White House to China, the casino — | 是你让白宫和中国扯上了关系 还有赌场 |
[04:19] | Raymond Tusk entangled us with China and the casino. | 是雷蒙德·塔斯克让我们与中国和赌场扯上了关系 |
[04:22] | And if I hadn’t intervened — | 要不是我及时干预 |
[04:24] | You can’t dodge and duck like Floyd. I’ve learned your moves now. | 你没有弗洛伊德那套腾挪的本事 我识破你了 |
[04:30] | This office breeds paranoia. Don’t give into it, sir. | 当了总统就易多疑 你别这样 先生 |
[04:34] | I’d ask for your resignation if it wouldn’t make things worse. | 要不是会引人非议 我就会要求你辞职了 |
[04:37] | But from this moment forward, I don’t want to hear your voice, | 但从此刻开始 我不想听你的任何建议 |
[04:41] | I don’t want to see your face. | 也不想看见你 |
[04:43] | And if I do, I will put you on your god damn back. | 再让我看见你 我就让你吃不了兜着走 |
[04:54] | Exile. I’ve managed to isolate the president from everyone. | 我被驱逐了 我成功将总统和其他人隔开 |
[05:00] | Including myself. | 包括我自己 |
[06:42] | “Congresswoman Sharp is a perfect example | “夏普女众议员淋漓尽致地展现了 |
[06:45] | of how the military brainwashes us | 军方是如何将我们洗脑 |
[06:47] | into never questioning the party line. | 从而绝对服从党派路线的 |
[06:50] | Her opposition to the bill is disgraceful. | 她对法案的反对是可耻的 |
[06:52] | It will cost thousands of men and women | 这会使数以千计的男性和女性 |
[06:54] | the justice they deserve, | 得不到他们应得的公正 |
[06:56] | and some of them their lives.” | 甚至会毁掉一些人的生活” |
[06:58] | Those are Megan Hennessey’s words. They’re biased. | 这都是梅根·汉纳希的话 他们有失公正 |
[07:00] | They’re Claire’s words. Hennessey’s just the mouthpiece. | 这是克莱尔教她说的 汉纳希不过是传声筒 |
[07:03] | Why does it say here that I declined to comment? | 为什么文中还说我拒绝置评 |
[07:04] | You said you didn’t want to kick up dust if we could avoid it. | 你说过 会惹麻烦的事能躲就躲 |
[07:07] | It’s the New York fucking Times. You should’ve let me know. | 这是《纽约时代杂志》 你应该告诉我的 |
[07:10] | That was my call. I’ll take the blame. | 是我的决定 我承担责任 |
[07:14] | Find out when Hennessey’s next appearance is. | 查明汉纳希接下来会在哪里出现 |
[07:17] | I’m gonna beat this bitch down. | 我要搞垮这个婊子 |
[07:19] | I know she went after you, but going after her is — | 我知道她针对你 但是针对她的话… |
[07:20] | Not her. Claire Underwood. | 不是她 是克莱尔·安德伍德 |
[07:23] | I understand how Garrett might misconstrue things, | 我知道加勒特可能会产生误解 |
[07:26] | given the pressure he’s under. | 毕竟现在他压力很大 |
[07:27] | But you can’t honestly believe it yourself. | 但你肯定不会相信吧 |
[07:30] | I don’t know what to believe anymore. | 我已经不知道该相信什么了 |
[07:32] | Francis is devastated. All he wants to do is help, | 弗兰西斯非常沮丧 他只是想帮忙 |
[07:35] | but he feels like he’s being unfairly accused. | 但他觉得自己受到了冤枉 |
[07:38] | I don’t want to believe it, Claire, but Garrett is convinced. | 我也不想相信 克莱尔 但加勒特确信不疑 |
[07:41] | Will you talk to him? | 你能跟他谈谈吗 |
[07:43] | I have to concentrate on keeping my family together right now. | 我现在得集中精力维护我的家庭 |
[07:47] | Not getting into arguments over — | 而不是跟他争吵关于… |
[07:48] | If Francis were really up to something, | 如果弗兰西斯真有什么图谋 |
[07:50] | don’t you think he would have told Dunbar about the therapy? | 那他怎么不直接把咨询的事告诉邓巴 |
[07:53] | He basically did by forcing us to hand over the logs. | 他逼我们交出记录就等于那么做了 |
[07:56] | Your husband chose to hand them over. | 那是你丈夫的决定 |
[07:58] | If he’d said no, Francis wouldn’t have pressed the issue. | 如果他拒绝 弗兰西斯是不会逼他的 |
[08:01] | I don’t want to debate this with you, Claire. | 我不想跟你争这个 克莱尔 |
[08:03] | All I’m asking is that you really think this through, Tricia. | 我只求你好好想想这件事 特莉莎 |
[08:08] | Is he with you right now? | 他现在跟你在一起吗 |
[08:09] | Who? | 谁 |
[08:11] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[08:12] | No. It’s just you and me. | 不 只有我和你 |
[08:16] | I want to get off the phone. | 我要挂电话了 |
[08:18] | Will you please talk to Garrett? | 拜托你跟加勒特谈谈好吗 |
[08:19] | Goodbye, Claire. | 再见 克莱尔 |
[08:26] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[08:27] | I don’t think she’s going to side with me instead of her husband. | 我不觉得她会抛开丈夫站在我这边 |
[08:32] | Did Tricia tell anyone else about the Xanax besides you? | 除了跟你 特莉莎还跟别人说过阿普唑仑的事吗 |
[08:35] | I doubt she would. She’s very sensitive about it. | 应该没有 她对此非常敏感 |
[08:38] | If she’d only told someone else, then we could just leak it. | 她要是跟别人说过 我们就可以把消息传出去 |
[08:40] | But it’ll be too obvious. | 但是这太明显了 |
[08:42] | The doctor. | 医生 |
[08:44] | He’s protecting them. He won’t say anything. | 他在保护他们 他什么都不会说的 |
[08:46] | Unless they waive the privilege. | 除非他们放弃保密特权 |
[08:49] | They have absolutely nothing to gain by that. | 那对他们可没有好处 |
[08:56] | But we do. | 但是对我们有 |
[09:00] | You have to meet with Tusk. | 你得去见塔斯克 |
[09:01] | Why would he talk to me after I back-stabbed him? | 我背叛了他 他为什么还要见我 |
[09:03] | That’s precisely why he’ll talk to you. | 正因为如此他才会见你 |
[09:04] | Well, I can’t go to St. Louis. You know — | 我不能去圣路易斯 你知道的… |
[09:06] | Tusk will come east. Your job is to get in the same room with him. | 塔斯克会来东部 你要做的就是找到他 |
[09:08] | – What’s the play? – Remy Danton. | -什么计划 -雷米·丹顿 |
[09:10] | Go. Get me Durant, in person. | 去 让杜兰特来找我 |
[09:13] | I’ll set it up. | 我来安排 |
[09:14] | And Doug? Let’s make sure we’re airtight on everything else. | 道格 一定确保其他方面我们万无一失 |
[09:17] | No Achilles heel. | 不能有软肋 |
[09:19] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[09:22] | “Cry, ‘Havoc,'” Said he who fought chaos with chaos, | “灾难来临了” 用混乱对抗混乱的人说 |
[09:25] | “And let slip the dogs of war.” | “让我们释放战争恶魔” |
[09:37] | Missed appointments. No contact in weeks. You know the rules. | 失约 数周不联络 你知道规矩 |
[09:41] | I’d like to speak to Agent Green, please. | 我要跟格林特工谈 |
[09:43] | What are you up to? | 你想干什么 |
[09:45] | Put Green on the fucking line, please. | 给格林打电话 |
[09:46] | Anything you have to say, you can discuss it with me. | 不管你想说什么 都可以跟我说 |
[09:49] | What I have to say is way above your pay grade. | 我要说的事远远超出了你的级别 |
[09:51] | Where do I turn off this shit? | 我怎么关掉这破玩意 |
[09:56] | Look at the other screen, to the left. | 看看左边的那块屏幕 |
[10:06] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[10:07] | That is the access grid to all eight of AT&T’s data centers. | 这是美国电话电报公司八个数据中心的访问网格 |
[10:11] | So what do you say you un-cuff me | 所以你还是解开手铐 |
[10:12] | and tell Agent Green I’ll be waiting for his call? | 然后告诉格林特工我在等他的电话吧 |
[10:19] | I’m trying to repair relations with China. | 我正在试图修复与中国的关系 |
[10:21] | Giving Feng asylum would be a slap in the face. | 给冯政治庇护就是一记耳光 |
[10:24] | Garrett’s in trouble. He needs to appear resolute. | 加勒特有麻烦 他得表现出决心 |
[10:27] | We’re only as strong as the president we serve. | 我们的总统有多强 我们就有多强 |
[10:30] | We have to rescue him. | 我们必须拯救他 |
[10:31] | How can you be sure his testimony won’t implicate the White House? | 你怎么能确定他的证词不会扯上白宫 |
[10:34] | He knows where his bread is buttered. | 他知道谁有奶 谁是娘 |
[10:36] | This isn’t about you saving the president. | 你这不是要拯救总统 |
[10:39] | – Of course it is. – We’ve been down this road before, Frank. | -当然是 -这不是第一次了 弗兰克 |
[10:42] | Michael Kern, Adam Galloway. | 迈克尔·科恩 亚当·嘉乐威 |
[10:44] | I wanted to become secretary of state | 我想当国务卿 |
[10:46] | in order to engage in productive diplomacy, | 是为了进行有成效的外交 |
[10:49] | not full-time damage control. | 而不是全职损失控制 |
[10:51] | Which is why we have to put Garrett back on his feet. | 所以我们要让加勒特回到正轨 |
[10:54] | You want him on his ass, Frank. | 你是想让他脱轨吧 弗兰克 |
[10:57] | Is this what the president told you? | 是总统这么跟你说的吗 |
[11:00] | He’s paranoid, Cathy. | 他现在太多疑了 凯茜 |
[11:02] | He’s trying to turn people against me. | 他想让大家跟我反目 |
[11:05] | You’re turning them against yourself. | 是你自己的行为让大家跟你反目 |
[11:07] | You’re asking me to undermine the president. | 你在要求我坑害总统 |
[11:15] | All right. | 好吧 |
[11:19] | Let’s say that what the President has accused me of is true. | 假如总统对我的指责属实 |
[11:27] | Would that be so bad? If taken to its conclusion? | 这就真的很糟吗 考虑一下这么做的结果 |
[11:32] | Wouldn’t you stand to benefit? | 对你没有好处吗 |
[11:35] | Wouldn’t the country? | 对国家没有好处吗 |
[11:39] | I don’t want anything to do with this. | 我不想牵扯进去 |
[11:40] | Just one more time, Cathy. | 就再做一次 凯茜 |
[11:44] | Let’s unshackle ourselves. | 别去管那些条条框框 |
[11:48] | This is a one-time offer, Mr. Feng. | 机会只有一次 冯先生 |
[11:51] | I would need it in writing. Open-ended, no restrictions. | 我要白纸黑字写下来 不加任何条件 |
[11:54] | The same goes for legal immunity. | 法定豁免权也是一样 |
[11:56] | First I need to know whether or not | 首先我要确认 |
[11:58] | you funneled money through Lanagin’s casino. | 你是否通过拉尼根的赌场洗钱 |
[12:00] | No, no. I will speak freely once I’ve arrived safely | 不 等我安全抵达美国 |
[12:03] | in the United States. | 我才会全盘托出 |
[12:04] | Unless you provide valuable evidence now, | 除非你现在就能提供确凿证据 |
[12:06] | the attorney general will not grant immunity on any level. | 司法部长不会答应任何豁免权 |
[12:10] | I’ve denied these allegations in China. | 我在中国已经全部否认了这些指控 |
[12:13] | My enemies want me dead. | 我的敌人想置我于死地 |
[12:14] | You’re asking me to give them confirmation. | 你这是逼我给他们证据 |
[12:16] | And we’re giving you safe haven in return. | 作为回报 我们会给你提供避难所 |
[12:19] | I already have safe haven in Dubai. | 我在迪拜已经有避难所了 |
[12:21] | Your asylum there is only temporary. | 你在那里的庇护所只是暂时的 |
[12:23] | We’re offering you permanent status. | 我们给你提供的是永久身份 |
[12:26] | I’m confident that they will grant me permanent status. | 我相信他们也会给我永久身份 |
[12:28] | Did you hear that directly from the Minister of Foreign Affairs? | 是外交部长亲口跟你说的吗 |
[12:31] | Because I just spoke to him. | 因为我刚跟他谈过 |
[12:34] | Right now you are a man without a passport. | 现在你连护照都没有 |
[12:37] | Whatever assets Beijing hasn’t seized are frozen | 北京方面还没查封的资产 |
[12:40] | in every country with close ties to the United Sates or China, | 也都被所有和中美关系紧密的国家冻结了 |
[12:44] | which is just about every country in the world. | 基本上是全世界所有国家 |
[12:47] | You want your freedom and fortune. We want information. | 你想要自由和金钱 我们想要信息 |
[12:54] | Mr. Feng? | 冯先生 |
[12:57] | What do you need to know? | 你想知道什么 |
[12:59] | Confirm for me the existence of a money-laundering scheme. | 向我证实确实有洗钱行为 |
[13:04] | Yes. We used the casino to mask foreign contributions. | 是的 我们用赌场来掩饰外资流入 |
[13:12] | All right. | 好的 |
[13:14] | One of you want to tell me what this is all about? | 你们中谁跟我讲讲这是怎么回事 |
[13:18] | You have to comply. | 你必须得遵从 |
[13:19] | You mean I have to show up. | 你是说我得出席 |
[13:22] | Unless we appeal. | 除非我们上诉 |
[13:23] | We’d lose. | 我们会输 |
[13:24] | She wouldn’t have issued the subpoena | 她要不是证据确凿 |
[13:26] | unless she had something substantial. | 也不会传唤我 |
[13:28] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[13:28] | Which is why I think you should go | 这就是为什么我觉得你该去 |
[13:30] | and plead the Fifth. | 并拒不解释 |
[13:31] | What do you think she has? | 你觉得她手上有什么 |
[13:32] | I don’t want to speculate. | 我不想妄加推断 |
[13:34] | God damn it, I pay the six of you more in one day | 老天 我付给你们六个一天的钱 |
[13:36] | than it costs to put a kid through college. | 比供个孩子上大学都多 |
[13:39] | And I pay you to know more than I do. | 我请你们是要你们比我知道得多 |
[13:40] | Her line of questioning will tell us a lot. | 她问询时说的对我们会很有帮助 |
[13:43] | We can use that to prepare our defense in case there’s an indictment. | 万一她真要提出指控 我们可以据此准备辩护 |
[13:47] | When do I have to go? | 我什么时候走 |
[13:48] | Your interview is the day after next. | 你的会面是在后天 |
[13:51] | 48 hours? | 48小时 |
[14:30] | Having trouble starting it? | 发动不了吗 |
[14:31] | Yeah. I think the battery might be dead. | 是的 可能电池没电了吧 |
[14:33] | I have some cables if you want to try and jump it. | 如果你想试试跨接启动 我有电线 |
[14:37] | You sure you don’t mind? | 这真的不麻烦吗 |
[14:38] | Not at all. | 一点也不 |
[14:40] | All right. It’s really nice of you. | 好吧 你真是太好了 |
[14:42] | Pop your hood. I’ll bring my car around. | 开引擎盖 我把我车开过来 |
[14:44] | Sure. | 好 |
[14:48] | This is Peter. He’s the guy who drove me back. | 这位是彼得 他开车送我回来的 |
[14:52] | Where do you want these? | 这些要放哪 |
[14:53] | I’ll take ’em. Thanks. | 我来拿 谢谢 |
[14:57] | Rachel, right? | 瑞秋 是吗 |
[14:59] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[15:00] | Lisa said you two were roommates. | 丽萨说你俩是室友 |
[15:02] | Can I get you something? A glass of water? | 要我给你拿点什么 来杯水吗 |
[15:04] | No, thanks. I should really get going. | 不用 谢谢 我得走了 |
[15:05] | All right. I can’t thank you enough. | 好吧 太谢谢你了 |
[15:07] | My pleasure. Good luck with the car. | 不客气 希望车能修好 |
[15:09] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:10] | I hope it’s only a dead battery. Have a good night. | 希望只是电池没电 晚安 |
[15:14] | We should give him some money. | 我们应该给他些钱 |
[15:18] | Peter. | 彼得 |
[15:23] | She needs to be gone. | 她得离开 |
[15:26] | Y– you told me she could stay. | 你跟我说她可以留下的 |
[15:28] | I changed my mind. | 我改主意了 |
[15:29] | But you said you didn’t care if she was here — | 你说你不在乎她在不在这儿 |
[15:31] | I don’t need to explain myself. | 我不需要解释什么 |
[15:35] | You can’t stand it, can you? | 你受不了了 是吗 |
[15:37] | The idea that I might actually love somebody. | 受不了我爱上了别人 |
[15:39] | That I might have somebody in my life who isn’t you. | 受不了我生命中除了你还有别人 |
[15:41] | If you care about her, make it happen, Rachel. | 如果你在乎她 就让她走 瑞秋 |
[15:46] | Is everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[15:47] | Yeah. You need to tell your friend that I won’t take any money. | 没事 告诉你朋友我不会要钱的 |
[15:50] | I was happy to do it. | 我很乐意帮忙 |
[15:51] | We all need a good Samaritan every now and again. | 我们都需要好心人帮忙 |
[15:58] | Did you feel justice was served | 麦金尼斯将军被判处 |
[16:00] | when General McGinnis got sentenced to 40 years? | 四十年有期徒刑时 你觉得正义得到伸张了吗 |
[16:03] | Yes, as far as his crimes go. | 就他的罪行而言 正义是得以伸张了 |
[16:04] | But not for thousands of servicemen and — | 但还有成千的服役士兵没有… |
[16:06] | I’m — I’m sor– I’m sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉 抱歉打断你的讲话 |
[16:08] | m– my producer is telling me that, | 我的制作人告诉我 |
[16:10] | Jacqueline Sharp has called in, | 杰奎琳·夏普刚打电话来 |
[16:11] | the house majority whip. C– congresswoman, are you there? | 众议院多数党党鞭 议员女士 您在吗 |
[16:15] | Yes, I’m here, Chris. And thank you for taking my call. | 是的 我在 克里斯 谢谢你接我的电话 |
[16:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[16:19] | Hello, Megan. | 你好 梅根 |
[16:20] | Congresswoman. | 议员女士 |
[16:22] | First of all, as a veteran like yourself, | 首先 作为一名老兵 |
[16:23] | I want to thank you for your service to our country. | 我想感谢你对国家的贡献 |
[16:26] | Duty doesn’t require thanks. | 这是责任 无需感谢 |
[16:28] | I’m glad you brought up duty, | 我很高兴你提到责任这个话题 |
[16:29] | because you recently equated it with brainwashing. | 因为你最近将它称之为洗脑 |
[16:33] | That’s not what I meant. | 那不是我的本意 |
[16:34] | You said “Toeing the party line.” | 你说”紧跟党派路线” |
[16:37] | What I meant was that the culture and the system is one that — | 我的本意是文化和体系是… |
[16:40] | I didn’t call to argue with you, Megan. | 我不是打电话来和你辩论的 梅根 |
[16:41] | The opposite. | 恰恰相反 |
[16:42] | We can’t fix this problem until we find some common ground. | 我们要解决这个问题 就必须找到共同点 |
[16:45] | Wouldn’t you agree? | 你不觉得吗 |
[16:46] | There is no middle ground as far as I’m concerned. | 就我来看这个问题没有妥协空间 |
[16:48] | The military needs to change — | 军队需要改变 |
[16:49] | Can’t we agree that you and I served | 你和我都曾经在军中服役 |
[16:51] | so that we could protect open debate, | 以保护人民自由辩论的权利 |
[16:53] | which is the very bedrock of democracy? | 而这正是民主的基础 你说不是吗 |
[16:56] | Yes, in theory, but that’s not what I’m talking about. | 理论上是的 但这不是我要说的 |
[16:58] | Not in theory. In reality. | 不是理论上 是实际上 |
[17:00] | Brave men and women die fighting for that freedom. | 勇敢的人为了这份自由不惜牺牲生命 |
[17:03] | The meaning of bravery is fighting for the freedom | 勇敢的涵义就是为那些和你意见相左的人 |
[17:06] | of those with whom you disagree. | 也同样享有自由而战斗 |
[17:08] | Sure, but let’s get back to the issue here. | 当然 但我们回到真正的话题上来好吗 |
[17:10] | What I don’t think is brave is Claire Underwood | 我认为不勇敢的人是克莱尔·安德伍德 |
[17:13] | dodging this debate and having you fight this battle for her instead. | 逃避这场辩论 找你替她进行这场斗争 |
[17:17] | That’s not true. | 不是这样的 |
[17:18] | Then why am I talking to you instead of her? It’s her bill. | 那我为什么在和你而不是她谈话 这是她的法案 |
[17:22] | It’s not just hers. It’s all of ours. | 不只是她 是我们共同的成果 |
[17:24] | Except one of you is brave enough to say it, | 可是你勇敢地说出来了 |
[17:26] | and the other is a coward. | 而她却是个懦夫 |
[17:29] | Mrs. Underwood was brave enough | 安德伍德夫人勇敢地 |
[17:30] | to go on national television and admit that she — | 在全国性电视节目上承认她… |
[17:32] | Yeah, and where has she been since then? | 没错 但那之后她去哪了 |
[17:34] | Deflecting scandal and hiding from the press. | 应付丑闻 躲避媒体 |
[17:37] | You called me disgraceful in The New York Times, Megan, | 梅根 你在《纽约时代杂志》上说我可耻 |
[17:40] | and you have every right. | 你当然有这个权利 |
[17:42] | But I also have the right to say that Mrs. Underwood is disgraceful, | 但我也有权说 安德伍德夫人是可耻的 |
[17:46] | because there is nothing | 因为没有什么 |
[17:47] | more disgraceful than running from a battle. | 比当逃兵更可耻 |
[17:53] | Megan? That is — we’re not even… | 梅根 我们根本没有… |
[17:58] | We’ll be right back. | 我们马上回来 |
[18:03] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[18:04] | To the Capitol. | 去国会 |
[18:08] | Did Feng mention either me or the president? | 冯提到我或总统了吗 |
[18:10] | Dunbar wouldn’t say. | 邓巴不肯说 |
[18:11] | But the fact that Feng confirmed the money laundering | 但冯确认了洗钱行为 |
[18:14] | increases focus on the White House. | 这足以让白宫更受关注 |
[18:16] | Well, as long as we’re innocent, which we are. | 反正我们是清白的 |
[18:18] | Raymond Tusk has been subpoenaed. | 雷蒙德·塔斯克被传唤了 |
[18:23] | Why did you ask for this meeting, Bill? | 你为什么找我们见面 比尔 |
[18:24] | Just keeping us in the loop? | 就为了向我们通报消息吗 |
[18:26] | Did you encourage Secretary Durant to offer Feng asylum? | 是你让国务卿杜兰特给予冯政治庇护吗 |
[18:29] | Bill, for god sakes. | 比尔 我的天呐 |
[18:31] | The president could have asked me that question himself. | 总统也可能问我这个问题 |
[18:34] | As the White House counsel, it is my responsibility — | 作为白宫顾问 这是我的责任 |
[18:36] | No, I did not. | 不 我没有 |
[18:38] | So you’re saying Durant acted of her own accord. | 那么这是杜兰特自己的主意喽 |
[18:41] | I have no idea what her motivations were. | 我不知道她的动机是什么 |
[18:42] | I’m just as shocked as the president | 我和总统一样感到震惊 |
[18:44] | that she would have gone through with this without his direct approval. | 她居然没经过他本人允许就擅自而为了 |
[18:48] | There’s another matter I’d like to discuss. | 还有一个问题我想和你谈谈 |
[18:51] | Privately, if we could. | 如果可以 最好只跟你谈 |
[18:52] | Just give us a few moments. | 让我们单独待会儿 |
[19:03] | – The therapy.- Yes. | -咨询 -是的 |
[19:05] | To be specific, the confidentiality waiver. | 具体说 就是放弃保密权 |
[19:07] | Feng’s testimony puts us in a very awkward position. | 冯的证词把我们推到一个非常尴尬的位置上 |
[19:10] | We’re under a great deal of pressure to waive the privilege. | 我们现在面对放弃保密权的极大压力 |
[19:13] | If we don’t, it implies that the president | 如果不放弃 就相当于总统 |
[19:15] | may have confessed to things he didn’t. | 承认了他没做过的事 |
[19:16] | Dunbar is just grasping. Don’t give in. | 邓巴只是在瞎猜 别让步 |
[19:19] | I don’t want to. | 我不想让步 |
[19:21] | But Larkin’s argument for spiritual confidentiality is shaky at best. | 但拉金宗教指导保密协议的说法并不可靠 |
[19:26] | We want to control how this thing plays out. | 我们想控制事态的发展 |
[19:29] | How can I help? | 我能帮什么忙 |
[19:30] | We need to know if anyone else might pop out of the woodwork. | 我们要确保不会再节外生枝 |
[19:33] | Well, I haven’t mentioned it to anyone, and neither has Claire. | 我没对任何人说过 克莱尔也没说过 |
[19:35] | I would never betray the president’s trust like that. | 我不会辜负总统对我的信任 |
[19:40] | Thank you for your time. | 谢谢你抽出时间 |
[19:44] | Tell the president it saddens me that | 告诉总统 我非常难过 |
[19:46] | we now have to communicate through lawyers. | 我们现在只能通过律师交流 |
[19:48] | I will make myself available | 要是他想亲自 |
[19:49] | if he wants to discuss any of this in person. | 和我谈谈 我会抽出时间的 |
[19:52] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[19:53] | What Megan said was offensive. | 梅根的话太过分了 |
[19:54] | She shouldn’t have questioned your character. | 她不该质疑你的品行 |
[19:57] | Those were talking points. Carefully crafted, and not by her. | 那都是精心准备的谈话要点 而且不是她准备的 |
[20:01] | I’m not here to pick a fight, Jackie. I’m here to end one. | 我不是来挑衅的 杰姬 我是来解决问题的 |
[20:04] | Well, it’ll end soon enough when the bill goes to the floor. | 只要法案进行投票 这事就会结束 |
[20:06] | It won’t go to the floor. | 不会进行投票的 |
[20:08] | I’ve spoken to Elaine Brooks and I’m withdrawing the bill. | 我跟艾琳·布鲁克斯谈过了 我要撤销法案 |
[20:14] | What you said had some truth. | 你说的有一定道理 |
[20:16] | And early on you offered | 之前你提出 |
[20:17] | to sit down with me and find a middle ground. | 我们一起找个折中的办法 |
[20:20] | I decided to draw a line in the sand. | 我那时拒绝了你 |
[20:23] | And the braver thing would’ve been for me | 但勇敢的做法应该是 |
[20:24] | to swallow my pride and sit down with you. | 收起我的骄傲 跟你好好谈 |
[20:28] | If you’re still open to that, I’d love to start over. | 如果你还愿谈 我想重新开始 |
[20:31] | Are you and Frank up to something? | 你和弗兰克在打什么主意吗 |
[20:33] | A passable bill. | 一项能通过的法案 |
[20:35] | He had Nancy spy on me. He brought my personal life into — | 他让南茜监视我 他把我的个人生活搞得 |
[20:40] | Francis is used to getting his way. | 弗兰西斯习惯了事事得逞 |
[20:43] | And he’ll do anything to make sure he does, | 他会不惜一切确保成功 |
[20:45] | especially if it’s something important to me. | 尤其是对我重要的事 |
[20:48] | I don’t know, Claire. I’m skeptical. | 我不知道 克莱尔 我很怀疑 |
[20:52] | We’re deeply sorry for the way we’ve treated you | 之前那样对待你 我们深表歉意 |
[20:54] | and we want to rebuild the trust we’ve lost. | 我们想重拾失去的信任 |
[20:58] | Do you think that’s possible? | 你觉得这可能吗 |
[21:11] | I’m sorry to ambush you. I tried calling. | 很抱歉突然这么来了 我打过电话 |
[21:13] | You can’t do this to me, Claire. | 你不能这么对我 克莱尔 |
[21:15] | I was very clear that I have to respect Garrett’s wishes — | 我说得很清楚 我必须尊重加勒特的意愿 |
[21:17] | Not that. The sexual assault bill. | 不是那个 是性侵犯法案 |
[21:19] | It’s not going to a vote. | 不会进行投票了 |
[21:22] | Did the speaker remove it from the docket? | 议长从日程中删除了吗 |
[21:24] | No. I did. I just spoke to Jackie. | 不 是我撤掉了 我刚跟杰姬谈过 |
[21:29] | This is because of what she said about you? | 是因为她那样说你吗 |
[21:30] | My main concern is that she doesn’t come after you next. | 我主要是担心她接下来会不会对付你 |
[21:33] | Not while you and Garrett are going through the investigation. | 你和加勒特接受调查期间绝不能发生这种事 |
[21:37] | I thought you should be aware | 我想来告诉你 |
[21:38] | because I know how much this bill meant to you. | 因为我知道这项法案对你有多重要 |
[21:41] | All the work you’ve put in. | 你为法案投入了那么多 |
[21:42] | That we’ve put in. But we’ll pass Jackie’s version, | 我们都投入过 但我们要通过杰姬的法案 |
[21:46] | take this baby step, and build on it. | 迈出这一小步 循序渐进 |
[21:49] | I’m disappointed about the bill, | 法案的事我很失望 |
[21:51] | but I have to say, I’m relieved. | 但不得不说 我松了口气 |
[21:53] | How are you holding up? | 你还好吧 |
[21:55] | Did you hear what Catherine did? Giving Feng asylum? | 你听说凯瑟琳做了什么吗 许诺冯政治避难 |
[21:58] | Inexcusable. | 不可原谅 |
[21:59] | Garrett’s beside himself. He feels cornered, | 加勒特气疯了 他觉得走投无路 |
[22:02] | like we have no choice but to waive the privileges now. | 这下我们除了放弃保密权别无选择 |
[22:05] | But what about the medication? | 药物的事呢 |
[22:06] | I know. I shouldn’t be sharing this. | 可不是啊 我不该说的 |
[22:11] | We don’t have to talk about it. You should go. | 不说了 你该走了 |
[22:13] | I know you have a packed schedule. | 我知道你日程排得很满 |
[22:19] | Thank you for doing this. | 谢谢你这么做 |
[22:21] | All I had to do was get her alone in a hallway. | 我只是在走廊里单独找上了她 |
[22:23] | I meant with Jackie. | 我是说杰姬那边 |
[22:25] | We have our priorities. | 我们要分清轻重缓急 |
[22:26] | Well, I know it isn’t easy to let go of something like that. | 我知道做这样的放弃并不容易 |
[22:30] | Promise me something. | 答应我一件事 |
[22:33] | Anything. | 你说吧 |
[22:35] | I can’t live in this house alone. | 我不能一个人住在这房子里 |
[22:38] | I’m not going anywhere. | 我哪也不去 |
[22:39] | You say that, but this could all backfire. | 你是这么说 但这事可能事与愿违 |
[22:43] | Raymond will plead the Fifth. | 雷蒙德肯定会拒不解释 |
[22:44] | If he names me, it’s an admission of his own wrongdoing. | 如果他提到我 便是承认有罪了 |
[22:48] | I’m more worried about Garrett. | 我更担心加勒特 |
[22:50] | You’ve made a powerful enemy. | 你制造了一个有力的对手 |
[22:52] | We’re stronger than they are. | 我们比他们强 |
[22:54] | And he’s still the president. | 可他仍然是总统 |
[22:57] | I promise you, of all of the sacrifices that you’ve had to make, | 我向你保证 你被迫做出的一切牺牲之中 |
[23:01] | divorcing a convict will not be one of them. | 绝不会包括与一名罪犯离婚 |
[23:05] | We can’t waive the privileges, Garrett. | 我们不能放弃保密权 加勒特 |
[23:06] | Well, we don’t have a choice anymore. Feng confirmed the money. | 我们没别的选择了 冯承认了那笔钱 |
[23:08] | Over the phone. Not in a formal interview. | 在电话上承认的 不是当面正式承认的 |
[23:11] | Rescind the asylum. Send him back — | 解除对他的庇护 送他回去 |
[23:12] | Obstruction of justice. | 妨碍司法公正 |
[23:14] | Is that what Galich said? | 嘉利克这么说的吗 |
[23:15] | Definitely how it would be perceived. | 别人肯定会这么想 |
[23:16] | And anything we do that looks like a failure to cooperate | 我们任何不配合调查的举动 |
[23:18] | amplifies that perception. | 都会加重他们的猜疑 |
[23:20] | I just don’t want our marriage put on display. | 我只是不想公开我们的婚姻问题 |
[23:22] | Look, Dunbar’ll ask if I brought up China. I didn’t. | 邓巴会问我是否提及过中国 我没有 |
[23:25] | So Larkin can only help to exonerate me. | 拉金能证明我的清白 |
[23:28] | And if the marriage counseling ends up in the report, so be it. | 如果婚姻咨询最终进入报告 也无所谓 |
[23:30] | We can survive that. | 我们能渡过这个难关 |
[23:31] | But he prescribed us medication. | 但他给我们开了处方药 |
[23:33] | Technically not us. | 不算是我们 |
[23:34] | You took mine, Garrett. | 你在吃我的药 加勒特 |
[23:36] | Larkin wrote the prescription to me knowing you would. | 拉金知道你会吃才给我开的药 |
[23:38] | Wait, wait, have you mentioned it? The medication? | 等等 你提过了 处方药的事 |
[23:44] | Claire? | 跟克莱尔吗 |
[23:45] | I’m sorry. But she’s the only person I can talk to | 对不起 我只能跟她倾诉 |
[23:47] | who really understands what it’s like — | 只有她能理解 |
[23:49] | Oh, all the more reason we have to waive the privilege. | 那我们更要放弃保密权了 |
[23:50] | If they leak this, we can’t control the information. | 如果他们泄露出去 就由不得我们做主了 |
[23:53] | Claire wouldn’t do that. | 克莱尔不会那么做的 |
[23:55] | Don’t underestimate her. | 不要小看她 |
[23:56] | If they were going to, don’t you think they would have done it by now? | 他们要是真准备这么做 现在不早做了 |
[24:00] | She dropped the sexual assault bill to reduce pressure on us. | 她为了减少我们的负担 放弃了性侵法案 |
[24:03] | That may have been what she told you. | 她也许是这么跟你说的 |
[24:05] | They’re not going to say anything. | 他们什么都不会说的 |
[24:08] | I’m begging you, Garrett. | 我求你了 加勒特 |
[24:10] | Don’t waive the privilege. | 不要放弃保密权 |
[24:15] | The things we talked about were so intimate. | 我们谈论的事太私密了 |
[24:17] | Imagine if the kids — | 如果孩子们看到 |
[24:18] | I know. But Tricia — | 我知道 但是特莉莎 |
[24:20] | When we ran, | 我们竞选的时候 |
[24:21] | I knew every aspect of our lives would be under scrutiny. | 我知道我们的生活将被人仔细审视 |
[24:25] | But I thought we could protect at least this. | 但我觉得我们至少还能保护这个 |
[24:27] | What happens in here. | 发生在这里的事 |
[24:30] | I’ll protect us. Whatever I have to do. | 我会不惜一切保护我们 |
[24:37] | You have to believe that. | 你要相信我 |
[25:06] | We checked the USB dongle. | 我们检查了USB软件狗 |
[25:08] | The code you’re claiming infected the data center isn’t there. | 你声称感染了信息中心的代码不在里面 |
[25:11] | I programmed the code to self-erase as soon as it hit the server. | 我设计那段代码一到达服务器便自我删除 |
[25:14] | It was gone before Lucas was in cuffs. | 在卢卡斯被捕之前就不见了 |
[25:17] | You don’t believe me? | 你信不过我 |
[25:18] | This is one of the most sophisticated firewalls in the world. | 这可是世上最复杂的防火墙之一 |
[25:20] | Even if your code did get in there, you couldn’t break it down. | 就算真的进去了 也破坏不了 |
[25:23] | Your wife uses AT&T. | 你妻子手机的运营商就是他们公司 |
[25:25] | So does her lover. | 她情人也是 |
[25:27] | What? | 什么 |
[25:28] | She’s over there right now. Jonathan Kemp. | 她现在就在那儿 乔纳森·坎普 |
[25:32] | It’s her chiropractor, right? | 她的脊椎按摩师 对吗 |
[25:36] | Want to see their texts to each other? | 想看看他们互发的短信吗 |
[25:40] | No. | 不想 |
[25:42] | Oh, I see you already know. | 看来你早就知道了 |
[25:45] | I don’t blame you for not making a fuss, | 我理解你不想把事情闹大 |
[25:46] | what with the kids still at home. | 毕竟孩子们还在家里 |
[25:50] | But you walked my code right through that door. | 但你让我的代码进了那扇门 |
[25:52] | Into 32 million people’s phones. | 进入了三千两百万人的手机里 |
[25:55] | And that’s on you. | 这都怪你 |
[25:57] | And it’s on the FBI. And it is a shit-storm | 联调局也罪责难逃 这会闹得很难看 |
[26:01] | that will bring the Bureau right in front of Congress. | 让联调局面临国会的调查 |
[26:03] | So you tell me: How much is making that disappear worth? | 所以你告诉我 平息这一切要多大代价 |
[26:07] | You have a hundred years hanging over your head. | 你面临一百年的监禁 |
[26:09] | Extorting the FBI won’t help you. | 敲诈联调局对你没好处 |
[26:11] | Did Douglas Stamper tell you to set up Lucas Goodwin? | 是道格拉斯·斯坦普让你陷害卢卡斯·古德温的吗 |
[26:15] | Counter-Terrorism Director. | 反恐主管 |
[26:16] | That’s a big step up from White House Liaison. | 跟白宫联络官相比真是一步登天 |
[26:19] | – I think you had a helping hand. – Not true. | -我认为你背后有推手 -胡说 |
[26:21] | Keep lying. Meanwhile, here’s what I want. | 继续编 但以下是我的要求 |
[26:23] | One, I’m no longer your bitch. | 第一 我不再是你的走狗了 |
[26:28] | Two, all of my charges are dropped. | 第二 撤销对我的所有指控 |
[26:30] | Three, all of Barrett Brown’s charges are dropped. | 第三 撤销所有对巴利特·布朗的指控 |
[26:32] | That’s up to the U.S. Attorney. | 这得看联邦检察官的 |
[26:33] | Figure it out. | 你去想办法 |
[26:38] | If I’m hearing you correctly, | 如果我听得没错 |
[26:40] | you’d like to keep Larkin’s testimony | 你是想要拉金的证词 |
[26:42] | focused on the money laundering. | 侧重在洗钱上 |
[26:43] | Which I never brought up, because I knew nothing about it. | 而我从来没提过 因为我毫不知情 |
[26:46] | But your concern is other matters. Private matters. | 但你担心其他的事 私人的事 |
[26:49] | Which are irrelevant to the investigation. | 这些和调查无关 |
[26:52] | I can’t prevent Dunbar from asking what she’s gonna ask. | 我不能阻止邓巴问问题 |
[26:55] | Of course not. | 当然不能 |
[26:56] | The most I can do is ask Dr. Larkin | 我最多只能去拜托拉金博士 |
[26:59] | how he would respond to certain questions. | 跟他对下部分问题的回答 |
[27:02] | But he’s a smart man. He’ll understand what I’m getting at. | 但他很聪明 会明白我的目的 |
[27:05] | And this approach keeps us within the law? | 这路子合法吗 |
[27:07] | We’re not tampering with testimony? | 没有干扰证词吗 |
[27:09] | It’s a fine line. But I’ll stay on the right side of it. | 界线很模糊 但我会确保合法 |
[27:14] | He shut me out, Frank. Just like he did with you. | 他不见我 弗兰克 就像他对你一样 |
[27:16] | My undersecretary has been assigned full diplomatic authority. | 我的副国务卿被委派了全权外交权 |
[27:20] | A temporary setback, Cathy. Where I go, you go. | 暂时的挫折 凯茜 我到哪你到哪 |
[27:23] | At this very moment, the President is in the Situation Room. | 现在总统正在战况室 |
[27:26] | China responded to Feng’s asylum exactly the way I predicted. | 中方对冯的政治庇护的反应跟我预想的一样 |
[27:30] | They’re doubling their naval presence off the coast of Yonaguni. | 他们增派了一倍海军前往与那国岛 |
[27:33] | And you know who isn’t in the Situation Room? You and I, Frank. | 你猜谁被赶出战况室了 你和我 弗兰克 |
[27:39] | You’re thinking about where we are | 你只盯着眼下一时的得失 |
[27:41] | instead of where we’re headed. | 却对情势的发展方向视而不见 |
[27:43] | Now that isn’t the Catherine Durant | 这可不像那个在杰斐逊舞会上 |
[27:45] | that I waltzed with at the Jefferson Ball. | 和我共舞华尔兹的凯瑟琳·杜兰特 |
[27:49] | She understood potential. | 她深明大势所趋 |
[27:52] | She had her eyes toward the future. | 她盯着未来 |
[27:56] | I told that Catherine Durant | 我对那个凯瑟琳·杜兰特说 |
[27:57] | that we needed her in the State Department. | 我们需要她这样的人领导国务院 |
[28:00] | We still need her. I wish I knew where she was, | 现在也是如此 真不知她哪去了 |
[28:04] | because she is not the Catherine Durant | 因为她和我眼前这个凯瑟琳·杜兰特 |
[28:06] | sitting in front of me right now. | 完全是两种人 |
[28:09] | But I’ll tell you something, | 但我跟你说 |
[28:12] | If she doesn’t show up soon, well, | 如果她不赶快回来的话 |
[28:15] | I’m just gonna have to keep waltzing alone. | 那这支华尔兹 我只好独自舞下去了 |
[28:17] | Because I am done trying to | 因为我已经 |
[28:19] | convince this woman in front of me | 不想再去说服我面前的这个女人 |
[28:23] | to take my arm. | 和我携手前行了 |
[28:28] | Oh, don’t let me keep you. | 你快忙去吧 我不留你了 |
[28:36] | I’m here. I’m not going anywhere, Frank. | 我就在这儿 我哪也不去 弗兰克 |
[28:41] | You still have access to the presidential briefing? | 你现在能拿到总统简报吗 |
[28:43] | Yes, I have it right here. | 能 就在我手上 |
[28:46] | Walk me through everything that’s going on with China. | 跟我说说与中国之间的全部情况 |
[28:49] | Feng is in play now. We might be able to use him. | 冯也出场了 也许我们用得上他 |
[28:53] | How? | 怎么用 |
[28:54] | I don’t know yet. | 我还不知道 |
[28:56] | But he’s clearly valuable to Beijing, | 但显然他在北京眼里是有价值的 |
[28:58] | which makes him valuable to us. | 那么他对我们就也有价值 |
[29:01] | Nothing about Xander Feng? | 从没提起过冯山德吗 |
[29:03] | Never. | 没有 |
[29:04] | Daniel Lanagin? Raymond Tusk? | 丹尼尔·拉尼根呢 还有雷蒙德·塔斯克 |
[29:07] | We only discussed their marriage. | 我们只谈了他的婚姻 |
[29:08] | Nothing about the business of the White House. | 从未涉及白宫的公务 |
[29:10] | Any oblique reference to work-related pressures he was feeling? | 他可曾间接提起过与工作有关的压力 |
[29:14] | He said he wasn’t getting as much sleep as he’d like. | 他说他现在睡眠太少 |
[29:17] | Did you ever prescribe him any medication? | 你给他开过什么药物吗 |
[29:20] | As I’ve always stated, I provided religious counsel. | 正如我一贯声称 我只提供宗教咨询 |
[29:23] | I understand. But I’m asking about medication. | 我明白 但我问的是药物处方 |
[29:26] | How is this relevant? | 这有什么关系吗 |
[29:28] | I’m trying to assess whether his judgment may have been impaired. | 我想查证他的判断力是否因此受影响 |
[29:32] | In my opinion, he and his wife | 在我看来 他和他的妻子 |
[29:34] | were dealing with standard marital issues. | 面对的是典型的婚姻问题 |
[29:36] | That’s not what I asked, Dr. Larkin. | 你这是答非所问 拉金博士 |
[29:38] | So I will ask for a third time. | 所以我再问第三遍 |
[29:39] | And let me be more specific. | 而且问得更明确些 |
[29:41] | Was any medication prescribed | 美利坚合众国总统 |
[29:43] | or taken as a result of your counseling session | 在接受你的咨询服务时 你是否提供过 |
[29:45] | by the President of the United States? | 任何形式的处方或者药物 |
[29:50] | His faculties were operating at a hundred percent, | 他的工作能力完全没有受影响 |
[29:53] | if that’s what you’re asking. | 如果你是想问这个的话 |
[29:57] | Has anyone from the administration spoken to you? | 是不是有政府方面的人和你谈过了 |
[30:01] | How do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[30:01] | About this deposition. Has anyone approached you, coached you? | 关于取证 是不是有人找过你 指导过你 |
[30:07] | If you tell me now, I will qualify that as a timely declaration. | 如果你现在承认 我会将此认定为及时申报 |
[30:11] | I’d like to leave. | 我不想继续了 |
[30:12] | The President waived his privilege. | 总统放弃了他的保密权利 |
[30:14] | But I’m here voluntarily. | 但我是自愿作证的 |
[30:16] | Dr. Larkin, at first you wouldn’t talk to me | 拉金博士 一开始你不肯作证 |
[30:18] | because it violated your ethical code. | 因为那有违你的道德准则 |
[30:21] | I respect that. | 我尊重你的选择 |
[30:23] | But let me ask you, as a man of faith | 但现在我要问你 作为一个虔诚之人 |
[30:26] | is deliberately lying to me an exception to that code? | 蓄意对我说谎 难道就不违反你的道德准则吗 |
[30:30] | Because that is what you’re doing | 因为你拒绝说出实情的话 |
[30:31] | by refusing to share the truth. | 就有作伪证的嫌疑 |
[30:35] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[30:36] | It wasn’t going to pass. | 这法案过不了的 |
[30:38] | But you said we almost had the votes. | 但你说我们就要争取到足够的支持了 |
[30:40] | We needed to be a hundred percent solid, and we weren’t. | 我们需要能完全确定 但实情并非如此 |
[30:43] | If the bill failed, that would set us back. | 如果法案未能通过 我们的努力就白费了 |
[30:46] | We need to accept incremental reform. | 我们必须接受渐进的改革方案 |
[30:50] | You sound just like Jackie Sharp. | 你的口气跟杰姬·夏普一模一样 |
[30:53] | I’m actually working with her now. | 其实我现在与她合作了 |
[30:55] | She’s a powerful ally for us to have. | 她是一个有力的盟友 |
[30:58] | After what she did to me? | 可她那样让我下不来台 |
[30:59] | After what she said about you? | 还公开羞辱你 |
[31:01] | If I let the things people say about me get under my skin, | 我要是被他人的非议所左右 |
[31:04] | I wouldn’t be able to leave my own home. | 我连家门都出不去了 |
[31:07] | You know how this will go. | 你知道结果会怎样 |
[31:09] | Everyone will say, “Great, we did something,” | 人人都会说”太好了 我们取得了成功” |
[31:11] | Which is really nothing. | 但其实一无所成 |
[31:13] | They’ll pat themselves on the back and they’ll forget about it. | 他们会高兴一时 然后就抛诸脑后忘个干净 |
[31:15] | We helped put this on the radar. | 我们让人们注意这个话题了 |
[31:18] | I thought we were doing something real. | 我以为我们是要真正改变现状 |
[31:20] | Changing people’s lives. How naive, right? | 改变人们的生活 幼稚死了 对吧 |
[31:24] | But at least I didn’t want to give up. | 但至少我不愿意放弃 |
[31:26] | Maybe Jackie Sharp is right. | 也许杰姬·夏普说对了 |
[31:28] | You are a fucking coward. | 你他妈就是个懦夫 |
[31:30] | I’m the one that pulled you out from under the covers. | 是我鼓励你站出来说出你的遭遇 |
[31:32] | You were hiding. You and your pills. | 之前你在逃避 靠吃药度日 |
[31:34] | So you tell yourself whatever you need to. | 编造各种谎言自欺欺人 |
[31:41] | I’m sorry. | 我失态了 |
[31:44] | There were political realities we couldn’t ignore. | 有些政治现实 是我们无法忽视的 |
[31:50] | Do you ever wonder why so many people hate Washington? | 你想没想过为什么那么多人憎恨华盛顿 |
[31:52] | It’s because of people like you using phrases like that. | 就是因为你这种人说那种屁话 |
[32:07] | Raymond? | 雷蒙德 |
[32:09] | I’d turn the lights on, but when you’re paying for the room | 虽说该开灯 但既然花钱住进 |
[32:12] | with the best view you might as well make the most of it. | 风景最好的房间 就不如欣赏个够 |
[32:15] | I’ve never been in the penthouse here. Have you? | 我从来没上过顶层 你呢 |
[32:20] | What’s going on? | 这是什么情况 |
[32:22] | Do you know why I’m in D.C.? | 你知道我为什么来华盛顿吗 |
[32:25] | Oh, it’s okay, Remy. | 没关系 雷米 |
[32:26] | There’s nothing you can say that I don’t already know. | 你能说出的话我都已经知道了 |
[32:29] | Feng is on his way to testify. | 冯要去作证了 |
[32:31] | Whatever Seth has told you, don’t believe a com.funword.word of it. | 不管赛斯跟你说了什么都不要信他 |
[32:35] | What might he have told me that I shouldn’t believe? | 他会说什么我不该相信的事呢 |
[32:38] | You met with the Vice President. | 你跟副总统见面了 |
[32:40] | In a church. Don’t pretend you didn’t. | 在一座教堂里 别装作没这回事 |
[32:43] | Playing both sides? | 想当墙头草吗 |
[32:44] | Raymond, look — | 雷蒙德 我… |
[32:45] | I want to hear you say it. That you met with Frank. | 我想听你说出来 你跟弗兰克见面了 |
[32:50] | I’ll talk to you, Raymond, but not with him here. | 我会跟你说的 雷蒙德 但他不能在这儿 |
[32:54] | Leave us. | 你先出去吧 |
[32:58] | Should I hold the elevator for you? | 要我在电梯里等你吗 |
[32:59] | Go fuck yourself. | 滚你妈的 |
[33:01] | Okay. You can take the stairs. | 好 那你走楼梯吧 |
[33:09] | They’re toying with you, Raymond. | 他们在耍你 雷蒙德 |
[33:12] | No doubt. But so are you, Remy. | 没错 但是你也一样 雷米 |
[33:16] | I wanted to lead Frank on, give him a false sense of security. | 我是想哄骗弗兰克 让他以为已经安全了 |
[33:18] | If you’re gonna lie, lie better than that. | 如果你要说谎 那就说得漂亮点 |
[33:20] | They want to tear us apart. | 他们想离间我们 |
[33:23] | I don’t blame you for wanting to keep your options open. | 你想要多条退路 这我不怪你 |
[33:26] | But clearly you have bought the wrong insurance policy. | 但你显然买错了保险 |
[33:30] | Don’t shoot yourself in the foot like this. | 不要这样搬起石头砸自己的脚 |
[33:32] | Your foot. And you’re holding the gun. | 你的脚 石头也是你拿着呢 |
[33:36] | Now go someplace else to bleed. | 去找个别的地方流血吧 |
[33:38] | You want to talk about blood? | 你想谈谈流血吗 |
[33:39] | How much have you spilt in this war with Frank? | 你与弗兰克的这场战争已经让你流了多少血了 |
[33:41] | All I’ve tried to do is keep the peace. | 我做的一切都是为了维护和平 |
[33:43] | You could’ve let him have the upper hand. | 你本可让他占上风 |
[33:45] | What would that have really cost you, other than your pride? | 除了你的自尊 还会让你损失什么 |
[33:54] | Such a shame. | 真遗憾 |
[33:58] | You have just made 42 billion enemies, Remy. | 你刚刚树立了身家420亿的敌人 雷米 |
[34:02] | And some change. | 外加一些零头 |
[34:03] | 39 billion, Raymond. Your market cap is shrinking. | 390亿 雷蒙德 你的市值在缩水 |
[34:13] | White House Counsel Bill Galich was called into questioning this morning | 白宫顾问比尔·嘉利克今早被特别检查官 |
[34:16] | by Special Prosecutor Heather Dunbar. | 希瑟·邓巴传唤质询 |
[34:18] | According to Dunbar’s office, | 从邓巴办公室得到的消息称 |
[34:20] | there are suspicions that | 他们怀疑 |
[34:22] | Galich may have tampered with witness testimony. | 嘉利克可能干预了证人证词 |
[34:25] | The witness in question is Dr. Thomas Larkin, | 这名证人是托马斯·拉金博士 |
[34:27] | a reverend and therapist | 一位牧师与咨询师 |
[34:29] | who allegedly conducted secret marriage counseling sessions | 据称他为总统和第一夫人进行了 |
[34:32] | for the president and first lady. | 秘密婚姻咨询 |
[34:34] | The White House counsel wouldn’t be manipulating testimony | 如果没有来自总统的明确指示 |
[34:37] | without explicit direction from the Oval Office. | 白宫顾问是不会去干预证词的 |
[34:39] | And just as disconcerting is the fact that our president | 同样让人不安的是 我们的总统 |
[34:41] | is seeking psychological treatment | 在寻求心理治疗 |
[34:43] | and chose to hide this from the American people. | 并且向美国人民隐瞒这一点 |
[34:45] | If we can’t trust him about that, | 如果在这方面我们无法信任他 |
[34:46] | then how do we know he wasn’t involved in a money-laundering scheme? | 那我们又怎么知道他是否与洗钱阴谋有关呢 |
[34:49] | How do we know he’s mentally fit to lead? | 怎么知道他的精神状况适合来领导我们呢 |
[34:51] | And most important, how can he enforce the law | 最重要的是 如果他知法犯法 |
[34:53] | when he’s breaking it? | 又如何维护法律 |
[34:54] | I believe our colleagues in the House certainly have enough | 我认为我们众议院的同事 |
[34:57] | to consider Articles of Impeachment. | 已经有足够理由考虑弹劾 |
[34:59] | Both trust and laws have been broken. | 信任与法律都被践踏 |
[35:03] | Whatever the House decides to do, | 不管众议院作何打算 |
[35:05] | we must hold this president accountable. | 这位总统必须承担责任 |
[35:08] | Fully support the president | 全力支持总统 |
[35:09] | and will stand by him no matter what comes his way. | 不管发生什么都跟他站在一起 |
[35:11] | Put that in, put it out. Then get me Ayla Sayyad. | 揽进来 处理掉 给我找艾拉·萨伊德 |
[35:14] | And as for Remy, let’s let him wither on the vine a little longer. | 至于雷米 让他再多倒霉一阵子吧 |
[35:17] | In the meantime, have his better half come by the house tomorrow. | 同时 让他的另一半明天来众议院 |
[35:20] | Raymond? | 雷蒙德 |
[35:21] | No. Jackie. | 不 杰姬 |
[35:29] | Mr. Tusk. | 塔斯克先生 |
[35:42] | Well, Ms. Dunbar, in 67 years on this planet | 邓巴女士 我活了67年 |
[35:46] | I have never once been issued a subpoena. | 还从来没被传唤过 |
[35:49] | I can now cross that off my bucket list. | 现在总算可以从遗愿清单上划掉了 |
[35:53] | This interview is being recorded and sealed. | 此次会面将被记录和封存 |
[35:58] | As the subpoena mentioned, Mr. Tusk, I spoke with Xander Feng. | 如传票所述 塔斯克先生 我与冯山德谈过了 |
[36:01] | He verified that you were his partner | 他指证你与他合作 自2005年以来 |
[36:03] | in laundering Chinese money to political Super PACs since 2005. | 将中国资金洗白并流入超级政治行动委员会 |
[36:08] | How would you respond to his allegations? | 你如何回应他的指控 |
[36:10] | My client exercises his right to plead the Fifth Amendment. | 我的客户要行使宪法第五修正案赋予的权利 |
[36:14] | Did you ever use these contributions to bargain for political favors? | 你是否曾用这些捐赠来换取政治利益 |
[36:18] | My client exercises his right to plead the Fifth Amendment. | 我的客户要行使宪法第五修正案赋予的权利 |
[36:21] | What was your relationship with Daniel Lanagin? | 你跟丹尼尔·拉尼根是什么关系 |
[36:23] | My client exercises his right to plead the Fifth Amendment. | 我的客户要行使宪法第五修正案赋予的权利 |
[36:42] | I don’t even remember why I came over here. | 我都记不得我为什么要来这儿了 |
[36:46] | You mean when you first showed up? | 你是说你最初来我家吗 |
[36:48] | No. To the kitchen. | 不 我是说来厨房 |
[36:52] | I’m sorry. Please don’t think that I don’t love you — | 很抱歉 别认为我不爱你 |
[36:55] | Then why? I don’t get it. | 那是为什么 我不明白 |
[36:59] | Everything’s been so fast. | 一切发展得太快了 |
[37:01] | And… | 还有 |
[37:04] | I don’t know. It’s hard to explain, but I’m not ready for this. | 我不知道 很难说清 但我还没准备好 |
[37:07] | – That’s bullshit. – No, it’s not. | -都是胡说 -不是的 |
[37:10] | I’m still trying to figure out this new life. | 我还在努力适应新生活 |
[37:12] | And this is too confusing. | 这一切太让人搞不清 |
[37:14] | This is the only thing that’s clear, and you know it. | 只有这是清清楚楚的 这你知道 |
[37:17] | You’re afraid, but it’s good to be afraid when you’re– | 你在害怕 但这是好事 |
[37:19] | I need you to leave, okay? For your own good. | 你得离开 为了你自己好 |
[37:23] | I am just gonna hurt you. | 我只会伤害你 |
[37:24] | I have thicker skin than you can even imagine. | 我比你想得坚韧得多 |
[37:27] | Please don’t make this harder than it has to be. | 别把事情搞得太痛苦 |
[37:29] | Everything was fine yesterday. It’s so sudden. | 昨天一切都还好好的 这么突然 |
[37:32] | It’s like it’s coming out of nowhere. | 简直莫名其妙 |
[37:33] | Well, it’s not. I’ve been thinking about it for a while. | 不是这样 我已经考虑了一段时间了 |
[37:36] | No, you haven’t. I would have sensed it. | 你没有 否则我会察觉的 |
[37:37] | Would you please, please, please just go? | 能不能请你 拜托你走就是了 |
[37:41] | Just tell me what’s going on. | 告诉我发生了什么事 |
[37:42] | I don’t expect you to understand. | 我不指望你会理解 |
[37:45] | Well, maybe if you try — | 也许你可以试着… |
[37:45] | I don’t want you here. Okay? | 我不想让你待在这儿 好吗 |
[37:48] | I don’t love you the way that you love me. | 我不像你爱我那样爱着你 |
[37:50] | I was using you because it felt good to have you around, | 只是利用你 因为有你陪着感觉很好 |
[37:53] | but it was selfish. | 但那样很自私 |
[37:54] | I said the words because I knew you wanted to hear ’em, | 我说那些话 因为我知道你爱听 |
[37:56] | but I didn’t mean ’em. | 但我不是真心的 |
[37:57] | And I don’t want to keep saying ’em. | 我不想继续说下去了 |
[38:00] | I’m gonna go for a walk while you pack your stuff. | 我出去走一会儿 你收拾东西吧 |
[38:02] | No. I don’t want anything that’s been here. | 不 我不要这儿的任何东西 |
[38:05] | Lisa…? | 丽萨 |
[38:29] | “There was a steaming mist in all the hollows, | “四面的山洼雾气氤氲 |
[38:32] | and it roamed in its forlornness up the hill, | 凄凉地往山顶涌动 |
[38:35] | like an evil spirit, seeking rest and finding none. | 仿佛是个邪恶的精灵 寻找歇脚之地而不得 |
[38:40] | A clammy, and intensely cold mist, | 那雾粘乎乎的 冰寒彻骨 |
[38:44] | it made it its slow way through the air in ripples | 缓缓地在空中波浪式地翻滚 |
[38:47] | that visibly followed and overspread one another, | 一浪一浪清晰可见 然后宛如污浊的海涛 |
[38:50] | as the waves of an unwholesome sea might do. | 彼此渗诱 融合成了一片 |
[38:55] | It was dense enough to shut out everything | 雾很浓 车灯几乎 |
[38:57] | from the light of the coach lamps.” | 什么也照不见” |
[38:59] | I’m surprised you wanted to speak to me. | 很惊讶你想和我聊聊 |
[39:02] | I haven’t been the biggest friend of the administration. | 我并不是很受政府欢迎 |
[39:04] | Isn’t that the very best reason to speak with you? | 难道不是找你谈话的最佳理由吗 |
[39:07] | I’d like to begin recording. | 我想开始录音 |
[39:09] | By all means. | 请便 |
[39:12] | A number of political analysts predict | 许多政治分析家预测 |
[39:14] | that the House Judiciary Committee | 众议院司法委员会 |
[39:15] | will commence with hearings on Articles of Impeachment. | 将就弹劾条款开始听证会 |
[39:17] | Let’s just stop right there. | 先就此打住 |
[39:19] | So these analysts you speak of, | 你说的这些分析家 |
[39:22] | they’re making predictions prior to Dunbar’s report even being released. | 他们在邓巴的报告发表前就做出预测 |
[39:26] | That could take months. | 报告出来可能得好几个月 |
[39:27] | There’s no way the Judiciary will sit on this for that long. | 司法委员会绝不会等那么久的 |
[39:29] | And isn’t that the fundamental flaw with these hearings? | 这不正是听证会的根本问题吗 |
[39:32] | The committee feels compelled to act because of hypotheses | 因为包括你在内的媒体记者提出的假设 |
[39:36] | advanced by those in the media, such as yourself. | 委员会觉得必须采取行动 |
[39:39] | I can’t speak for all of my colleagues, but I’m just reporting facts. | 我不能代表我所有的同行 但我只是报道事实 |
[39:43] | Well, you may call them facts, but if we’re being honest, | 你可能会说这是事实 但实话说 |
[39:47] | – aren’t they just — – In every article and interview, | -难道不是 -每篇文章和采访中 |
[39:50] | I report alleged activities. | 我都只是提出怀疑 |
[39:52] | And if you repeat allegations enough, | 怀疑重复的次数够多 |
[39:54] | again and over and over and over, | 一遍一遍 反反复复 |
[39:57] | people start to believe that they’re true. That’s human nature. | 那就三人成虎了 这是人之常情 |
[40:00] | I’ve done my research. | 我做过调查 |
[40:01] | Xander Feng admitted to the money laundering. | 冯山德已经承认洗钱 |
[40:03] | But you’re no longer writing about Xander Feng. Are you? | 但你已经不报道冯山德了 对吗 |
[40:06] | You’re writing about the administration. | 你现在报道政府 |
[40:08] | The truth is, these hearings have been initiated by the press. | 事实上 听证会就是由媒体报道引发的 |
[40:11] | And my fear is that the president will be tried by the press. | 我担心的是总统会遭到媒体的审判 |
[40:15] | Do you believe he’s innocent? | 你相信他是无罪的吗 |
[40:16] | Absolutely. | 绝对 |
[40:16] | I said so in my written statement and I say so again now. | 我在书面声明中这么写 我现在也还要这么说 |
[40:20] | The White House counsel has denied coaching Dr. Larkin, | 白宫的法律顾问已经否认了干预拉金博士的证词 |
[40:22] | – but according to Ms. — – Whatever comes to light, | -但根据… -不管最终发现了什么 |
[40:24] | it will only prove the president’s innocence. | 都只会证明总统的清白 |
[40:28] | And I’ll tell you why. I have never known anyone more honest, | 我告诉你为什么 加勒特·沃克是我所认识的 |
[40:32] | ethical, and patriotic than Garrett Walker. | 最诚实 正直 爱国的人 |
[40:36] | His reverence for the Constitution and the laws of this country | 他对我国宪法和法律的尊重 |
[40:39] | are surpassed by none. | 无人能及 |
[40:42] | Tricia and I have been blessed with a strong and loving marriage. | 特莉莎和我有幸拥有一段坚固忠诚的婚姻 |
[40:46] | But even strong marriages face challenges. | 但再坚固的婚姻也会面临挑战 |
[40:49] | Like millions of Americans, | 就像成百万的美国人一样 |
[40:51] | we sought counseling from a spiritual advisor, | 我们向一位宗教导师寻求建议 |
[40:54] | one who happened also to be a professional therapist. | 而他恰好也是一位职业治疗师 |
[40:57] | Over the years we have often | 多年来我们经常 |
[40:58] | turned to our faith in times of adversity. | 在困境中向我们的信仰寻求帮助 |
[41:01] | Many have criticized us. | 很多人批评我们 |
[41:03] | But would you rather have a president that doesn’t ask for help? | 但你们宁愿要一位不去寻求帮助的总统吗 |
[41:07] | I ask for help from my wife every day. | 我每一天都会请我妻子帮我 |
[41:11] | We’ve relied on one another for 23 years. | 我们相扶相依已经有23年了 |
[41:14] | We’ve raised two beautiful children together. | 我们一起养育了两个漂亮的孩子 |
[41:17] | Endured the campaign trails together. | 一起走过了竞选之旅 |
[41:20] | From the state capital in Denver | 从州首府丹佛 |
[41:23] | to the nation’s capital, | 一路来到国家首都 |
[41:24] | we’ve always been at each other’s side. | 我们一直都在彼此身边 |
[41:28] | I married this man for the | 我嫁给这个人的原因 |
[41:30] | same reason that so many of you voted for him. | 和你们很多人选他的原因一样 |
[41:32] | Because he’s a man of God. Because he believes in family. | 因为他是一位信徒 因为他热爱家人 |
[41:38] | Because he is compassionate and loving. | 因为他有同情心和爱心 |
[41:40] | Now, none of us are perfect. | 人无完人 |
[41:42] | I’m not. Tricia’s not. | 我不是 特莉莎也不是 |
[41:44] | Although she certainly comes close. | 尽管她很接近完美了 |
[41:45] | Good morning, Mr. Feng. | 早上好 冯先生 |
[41:47] | I won’t ignore what makes me human. | 我不会否认我作为凡人的极限 |
[41:50] | That’s a form of blindness. | 否则只是盲目 |
[41:53] | Good leadership means tackling my imperfections head on. | 好的领导者应该正视自己的缺点 |
[41:58] | Not bad for a man on the run. | 对一个在逃亡的人来说不错嘛 |
[42:00] | You mean a man with immunity. | 你是说对一个有豁免权的人来说 |
[42:02] | Wherever you’re most comfortable. | 随便你想怎么说了 |
[42:04] | We have a lot to discuss. | 我们有很多事要谈 |
[42:07] | I do so with open eyes. | 我是在了解情况的前提下这么做的 |
[42:10] | Just as I love, with open eyes, | 我的爱也是明明白白的 |
[42:15] | my wife, my maker, | 爱我的妻子 爱上帝 |
[42:19] | and my country. | 爱我的国家 |
[42:25] | Come in. | 请进 |
[42:30] | Thank you, Meechum. | 谢谢 密查姆 |
[42:31] | Jackie, in these circumstances | 杰姬 一般来说 |
[42:33] | normally I would come to you, | 我会去找你 |
[42:35] | but we need to keep a public distance for the time being. | 但现在我们还是保持距离为好 |
[42:39] | I thought I was here to discuss the sexual assault bill. | 我以为我是来讨论性侵法案的 |
[42:43] | You are. Among other things. | 是的 还有其他的事 |
[42:45] | I see. | 明白了 |
[42:49] | There’s a price. | 你有条件 |
[42:50] | Well, we don’t think of it that way. | 不要这样说 |
[42:52] | I’m going to support your bill, | 不管今天你说什么 |
[42:53] | no matter what you say today. | 我都会支持你的法案 |
[42:56] | Regarding? | 什么事 |
[42:57] | Impeachment. | 弹劾 |
[42:59] | Well, if it goes to the Judiciary — | 如果事情真闹到司法委员会 |
[43:01] | It most definitely will. | 几乎肯定是会的 |
[43:03] | I’m not sure about that. | 我不那么肯定 |
[43:05] | Did you see the president’s address? | 你们看了总统的声明了吗 |
[43:06] | We did. | 我们看了 |
[43:07] | I think it will help. Stop the bleeding. | 我觉得能起些作用 控制事态 |
[43:09] | Impeachment can be defeated. | 而且弹劾可以被否决 |
[43:11] | But that’s we need to avoid. | 但那是我们要避免的 |
[43:15] | You want impeachment… | 你希望弹劾 |
[43:17] | Why fight a losing battle? | 为什么要打一场明知会输的仗 |
[43:20] | We have a majority in the House. | 我们在众议院是多数党 |
[43:22] | We do now. | 现在是 |
[43:23] | But if this party fails to distance itself | 但如果本党不能和一个污点总统 |
[43:25] | from a toxic president… | 划清界限 |
[43:27] | We’re thinking ahead here. | 我们在做长远打算 |
[43:29] | It’s why I came to you about the bill. | 所以我才会找你就法案的事和解 |
[43:32] | Because it wasn’t worth burning a bridge over. | 我们不值得为它翻脸 |
[43:34] | In the long run we have a lot more to gain by working together. | 长远来讲 我们合作的好处更多 |
[43:38] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[43:39] | You said in the Telegraph article that you would sta– | 你在《电讯报》采访的时候说你会 |
[43:41] | I had to. | 我必须那么说 |
[43:43] | My office is three doors down from the president’s. | 我的办公室跟总统的只隔了三间屋子 |
[43:45] | I can’t publicly deride him. | 我不能公开诋毁他 |
[43:49] | You want me to do it? | 你希望我来做 |
[43:52] | We want you to do what you do so well: whip the votes. | 我们希望你做你最拿手的 拉选票 |
[44:07] | I can’t abandon the president. | 我不能背叛总统 |
[44:09] | If the party rescues him, | 如果这个党救了他 |
[44:11] | we’ll lose 50 seats in the House in the midterms. | 我们将在中期选举时失去50个席位 |
[44:14] | You will lose your position in the leadership. | 你会失去你在领导层的地位 |
[44:17] | And it will take us a decade | 我们要花十年 |
[44:18] | to regain the trust of the electorate. | 重新赢得选民的信任 |
[44:21] | All we’re asking is that you have an open mind. | 我们只求你肯听取意见 |
[44:24] | Claire kept an open mind, | 克莱尔就是如此 |
[44:25] | and you’ll pass sexual assault reform as a result. | 你得以修改性侵法案 |
[44:29] | You can’t possibly compare impeachment to — | 你不能把弹劾和… |
[44:31] | It’s an illustration, Jackie. | 只是举个例子 杰姬 |
[44:33] | Of what the future looks like. | 说明未来会怎么样 |
[44:36] | What we offer is progress. | 我们提出的 是进步 |
[44:39] | With a promise of more to come. | 并保证日后还会有更多进步 |
[44:45] | It’s only the beginning, Jackie. | 这只是个开始 杰姬 |
[44:48] | Ruthless pragmatism, remember? | 坚决 务实 记得吗 |
[44:51] | That’s why I wanted you to be the whip. | 所以我才选你做党鞭 |
[44:53] | The three of us, we’re cut from the same cloth. | 我们三个是同一类人 |
[44:59] | Mr. Vice President, | 副总统先生 |
[45:02] | what you’re asking is just shy of treason. | 你要我做的 几乎是叛国 |
[45:08] | Just shy. Which is politics. | 几乎 也就是政治 |
[45:15] | Be careful. It’s delicate. | 小心 那很易碎 |
[45:20] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[45:22] | Something I’ve been working on for a very long time. | 一件我做了很久的事 |
[45:26] | And it’s nearly finished. | 马上就要完成了 |
[45:29] | Jackie? | 杰姬 |
[45:32] | Help us finish it. | 帮我们完成吧 |
[45:39] | 美国法律规定 在总统或其他政府要员 联邦法官 出现重大工作失误 或有严重违法嫌疑时 国会有权行使弹劾权力 弹劾程序启动后 首先要求众议院投票 简单多数通过弹劾决议后 再由参议院进行表决 但是只有在参议院2/3的多数投赞成票后 弹劾才会生效 以防止两党以弹劾作为政治斗争的武器 | |
[45:59] | 虽然美国历史上许多总统在任期间曾爆出丑闻 但是国会真正启动弹劾程序只有两次 1868年 国会以违反行政任命法为由 投票弹劾时任总统安德鲁·杰克逊 但是在参议院投票时 一票之差 弹劾案没有获得所需的2/3多数 第二次弹劾程序启动要等到一百多年之后 在上世纪90年代 总统克林顿深陷莱温斯基丑闻 在国会占有多数席位的共和党启动弹劾程序 但是同样没有获得足够票数 克林顿涉险过关 由于他任职期间美国经济高速发展 所以虽然丑闻缠身 但是克林顿民意支持率一直很高 在人们所熟知的水门事件中 没有启动弹劾程序 在国会考虑进行弹劾前 尼克松总统便已经宣布辞职 |