时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:23] | We have a president who not only took mind-altering medication — | 我们的总统不仅服用精神药物 |
[01:27] | a man who has his finger on the button | 当美国舰队与中国对峙时 |
[01:29] | while U.S. Ships are squaring off with China — | 他可以随时批准实施打击 |
[01:31] | but then instructed his White House counsel to coach a — | 还授意他的白宫顾问去干预… |
[01:34] | Allegedly, sir. Not proven. | 据称 先生 没有被证实 |
[01:36] | To coach a witness. Which is behavior either resulting | 去干预证人 他的做法 |
[01:40] | from the use of those drugs, or worse, | 要么是受药物影响 要么更糟 |
[01:42] | a deliberate attempt to obstruct the law. | 是有意想践踏法律 |
[01:44] | Now wouldn’t you call either scenario impeachable? | 你不觉得两种情况都该被弹劾吗 |
[01:47] | That’s for the United States Congress to decide, sir. Not me. | 那该由国会决定 先生 而不是我 |
[01:50] | Were you aware that the president was taking any form of medication? | 你知道总统在服用任何药物吗 |
[01:53] | No, I was not. | 不 我不知道 |
[01:54] | Did you notice him acting in a bizarre fashion? | 你注意到他举止古怪吗 |
[01:56] | – Unstable, incoherent? – No, sir. | -情绪不稳 语无伦次 -没有 先生 |
[01:58] | – Any odd behavior? – No, sir. | -有任何奇怪的行为吗 -没有 先生 |
[02:01] | Not even firing his chief of staff in the midst of a trade war? | 在贸易战之际解雇幕僚长不算吗 |
[02:04] | He didn’t fire me. I resigned. | 他没有解雇我 是我主动辞职的 |
[02:07] | Would you tell us why? | 你能告诉我们为什么吗 |
[02:09] | I resigned because I felt I could no longer | 我辞职是因为我觉得自己无法 |
[02:12] | serve the president to the best of my ability. | 再以最好的状态为总统服务 |
[02:14] | And what changed? How did you come to that conclusion? | 发生了什么变化 是什么让你得出那样的结论 |
[02:19] | I had some fundamental differences of opinion | 我与白宫中的某些人 |
[02:22] | with certain people in the White House. | 基本理念不合 |
[02:24] | Like who? The president? | 比如谁 总统吗 |
[02:25] | No, sir. | 不 先生 |
[02:27] | Well, what certain people then? | 那某些人是指谁 |
[02:29] | One person, actually. | 实际上只有一个人 |
[02:30] | The vice president, Frank Underwood. | 副总统 弗兰克·安德伍德 |
[02:33] | He wanted you gone? | 他想让你离开吗 |
[02:34] | I can’t speak as to what the vice president did or didn’t want. | 我不敢说副总统想怎么样 不想怎么样 |
[02:38] | Was he trying to hide anything? | 他想要隐藏什么吗 |
[02:40] | Was he afraid you might expose something? | 他是不是怕你曝光什么 |
[02:43] | You’d have to ask him, sir. | 那你得去问他 先生 |
[02:45] | What’s happening in the Judiciary Committee is a farce. | 司法委员会正在上演的是一出闹剧 |
[02:48] | The Republicans are exploiting the situ– | 共和党正在利用这种… |
[02:49] | Excuse me, Mr. Vice President, | 插一句 副总统先生 |
[02:51] | but it’s not just Republicans. | 不仅仅是共和党 |
[02:54] | A number of Democrats have come out saying | 不少民主党人也站出来说 |
[02:56] | they would support impeachment. | 他们支持弹劾 |
[02:58] | Including the Majority Whip, Jackie Sharp. | 包括多数党党鞭 杰姬·夏普 |
[03:00] | Which is egregious, | 这令人发指 |
[03:02] | since the committee hasn’t stopped hearing testimony, | 因为委员会还在进行听证 |
[03:04] | and nor has the special prosecutor completed her investigation. | 特别检查官也没有完成调查 |
[03:07] | You vigorously defend the president, | 你极力维护总统 |
[03:09] | but there are reports that you’ve had a falling out. | 但有报道称你们已经闹僵 |
[03:11] | That you haven’t spoken in weeks. | 你们好几个星期没说过话了 |
[03:13] | That is simply not true. | 一派胡言 |
[03:15] | I’ve spoken to senior staff at the White House | 我与白宫的高级官员通过话 |
[03:17] | who say the president is worried you want to run against him in 2016. | 他说总统担心你会在2016年大选中与他竞争 |
[03:22] | And just today Linda Vasquez intimated that you — | 而就在今天 琳达·瓦斯奎兹暗指你… |
[03:24] | Look, I fully expect that the president will run in 2016, | 我相信总统一定会在2016年竞选连任 |
[03:27] | and I hope he’s generous enough to invite me | 而且我希望他能够慷慨地邀请我 |
[03:30] | to be his running mate. | 作他的竞选伙伴 |
[03:31] | Impeachment, conviction. Let’s say it happens. | 弹劾 定罪 如果是这个结果呢 |
[03:34] | It won’t. He’s completely innocent. | 不会的 他完全是无辜的 |
[03:36] | Let’s say it does happen. You become president. | 我们假设一下 你成了总统 |
[03:38] | That is not a scenario I’m going to entertain. | 我不会去想象那个情形 |
[03:40] | But the thought must have crossed your mind. | 但你脑中肯定有过这个想法 |
[03:42] | And one could make the argument that the president | 而且可以说 如果不是因为你 |
[03:44] | wouldn’t be in this predicament if it weren’t for you. | 总统也不会陷入这样的窘境 |
[03:47] | It’s your staff’s involvement with Feng and Lanagin | 是你的幕僚长与冯和拉尼根的牵连 |
[03:50] | that expanded Dunbar’s investigation, | 才引发了邓巴的调查 |
[03:53] | Look, these impeachment hearings | 这些弹劾听证 |
[03:53] | which resulted in the travel logs — | 随之发现了出行记录 |
[03:55] | are the result of political maneuvering, | 是政治操纵的结果 |
[03:57] | – not the fact that– – Your maneuverings, or the Republicans? | -而不是 -是你在操纵还是共和党 |
[04:00] | Morley, I’ve always liked you. | 莫里 我一直很喜欢你 |
[04:02] | You ask the tough questions. | 你的问题很尖锐 |
[04:03] | And you can certainly question my judgment. | 你当然可以质疑我的判断 |
[04:06] | But do not question my patriotism. | 但不要质疑我的爱国心 |
[04:08] | I serve this nation and my president, not myself. | 我为国家和总统服务 而不是我自己 |
[04:12] | He’s lying through his teeth. | 他满口谎言 |
[04:13] | What we’re doing is working. | 我们所做的已经见效了 |
[04:15] | We keep the whisper campaign alive. | 让大家一直私下谈论 |
[04:18] | We spin him as power-hungry, as duplicitous. | 我们让他显得渴望权利 显得奸诈 |
[04:20] | Focus attention on him. Not you. | 将焦点集中在他身上 而不是你 |
[04:22] | What’s the latest? 20%? | 最新支持率是多少 20%吗 |
[04:24] | Zogby has you at 24. Your speech made a difference. | 佐格比的数据是24% 你的讲话起了作用 |
[04:27] | The approval numbers are moving in the right direction. | 支持率正在上升 |
[04:31] | We need to do more than play the spin game. | 我们不能再这么小打小闹了 |
[04:35] | We need to destroy Frank. Offer his head instead of mine. | 我们要打垮弗兰克 让他而不是我去当牺牲品 |
[04:41] | – We use Raymond Tusk. – How? | -我们利用雷蒙德·塔斯克 -怎么利用 |
[04:43] | At his hearing. When he goes to the Judiciary. | 在他的听证会上 在他去司法委员会时 |
[04:47] | Sir, you’re already being accused of coaching one witness. | 先生 你已经被指控干预一个证人了 |
[04:50] | If you take steps to coach anoth– | 如果你再干预另一… |
[04:51] | Not coaching. The truth. | 不是干预 是让他说出事实 |
[04:54] | Raymond admits to the money laundering, | 雷蒙德承认洗钱 |
[04:55] | puts Frank at the center of this, and says I knew nothing. | 把弗兰克推到风口浪尖 说我什么都不知道 |
[04:59] | And then we’ll reward him for his honesty. | 之后我们会回报他的诚实 |
[05:01] | You mean a pardon. | 你是说特赦吗 |
[05:06] | I want you to talk to him. | 我想让你跟他去谈 |
[05:08] | And put myself at risk? | 让我自己陷于危险之中吗 |
[05:10] | Well, you’re not part of this administration anymore. | 你现在不在政府供职了 |
[05:12] | There’s no law that says you can’t pay Raymond Tusk a visit. | 没有法律规定你不能去拜访雷蒙德·塔斯克 |
[05:15] | And in return, resignations don’t have to last forever, Linda. | 作为回报 辞职也不非得永久有效 琳达 |
[05:24] | If I do this, you have to be a million miles away. | 如果我这么做 你得和我保持距离 越远越好 |
[05:29] | Tricia and I’ll go to Camp David. | 特莉莎和我会去戴维营 |
[05:30] | It’s not a million miles away, but it’ll do the job. | 不算特别远 但够了 |
[05:36] | I can go after Linda. Dig into her past — | 我可以对琳达下手 调查她的过去 |
[05:38] | Neutralizing her won’t neutralize the bigger problem. | 搞定她解决不了大问题 |
[05:41] | It’s the president that’s after blood. | 是总统想要我的命 |
[05:43] | Then what’s his move? | 那他打算怎么做 |
[05:44] | He can’t ask me to resign. He’d have to force me out. | 他不能要求我辞职 只能把我挤走 |
[05:48] | And to do that, if I were him, | 要挤走我的话 如果我是他 |
[05:52] | I would return to the hand that first fed me. | 肯定会回去找最初成就我的人 |
[05:55] | – Raymond Tusk? – Exactly. | -雷蒙德·塔斯克吗 -没错 |
[05:57] | No, he’d have to implicate himself to implicate you. | 不会 他要是把你卷进去 他自己也难保 |
[06:00] | Not if he gets a pardon. | 除非他能得到赦免 |
[06:02] | It’s the one thing that only a president can offer. | 这是唯一只有总统才能开出的条件 |
[06:05] | Tusk is a hand grenade. If he pardons him — | 塔斯克是个手榴弹 如果他赦免了他… |
[06:07] | You’re right. Tusk is a hand grenade, | 没错 塔斯克是个手榴弹 |
[06:08] | and we need to pull the pin and throw him at Walker | 我们得拽下保险栓 朝沃克扔过去 |
[06:11] | before Walker pulls the pin and throws him at us. | 否则就是沃克拽下保险栓 扔向我们了 |
[06:14] | I want to meet with Raymond, one on one. | 我得和雷蒙德见面 一对一 |
[06:16] | Let me speak on your behalf. | 我代表你去谈吧 |
[06:18] | – That way if anyone finds — -I know Raymond. | -这样的话 如果有人发现 -我了解雷蒙德 |
[06:20] | He won’t respond to anyone but me. | 他只会对我做出回应 |
[06:22] | When’s his hearing scheduled? | 他的听证会安排在什么时候 |
[06:23] | Uh, day after tomorrow. Two p.m. | 后天下午两点 |
[06:27] | – That gives us 40 hours to make it happen. – Yes, sir. | -那我们还有40个小时行动 -是 先生 |
[08:19] | I think it’s mine. | 可能是我的手机 |
[08:25] | Seth, it’s four in the morning. | 赛斯 现在可是凌晨四点 |
[08:30] | When? | 什么时候 |
[08:31] | I want you to go with her. | 我希望你跟她一起去 |
[08:32] | – I’ll get it cleared with Rockland right now. -Thank you. | -我这就去征求洛克兰的批准 -谢谢 |
[08:37] | Meechum says the plane will be ready in 30 minutes. | 密查姆说飞机30分钟内就能准备好 |
[08:40] | Okay, good. | 行 很好 |
[08:42] | You think it was just a panic attack | 你觉得只是恐慌症发作 |
[08:43] | – or was she really trying — -I don’t know. | -还是她真打算… -我不知道 |
[08:44] | It was bad enough they felt they had to keep her overnight. | 他们要她留院观察一整夜就够糟了 |
[08:47] | I’m gonna call the White House physician’s office, | 我给白宫医生办公室打个电话 |
[08:49] | – see if they can recommend anyone. – Okay. | -看看他们能不能推荐什么人 -好 |
[08:50] | – Oh, wait. My phone. – It’s in your hand. | -等等 我的手机 -在你手里 |
[08:56] | I’ll be back sometime tonight. | 我今晚回来 |
[08:59] | Impeachment is our only chance. | 弹劾是我们唯一的机会 |
[09:02] | Here are the seats that are still in contention in the midterms. | 这些席位在中期选举中仍处于争夺状态 |
[09:05] | These 13 we’re gonna lose no matter what we do. | 这13个我们再怎么努力也会失去 |
[09:07] | But even if we win all the rest, | 但即便我们拿下剩下所有席位 |
[09:09] | that only leaves us with a five-seat majority. | 我们也只有五个席位的优势 |
[09:13] | We either save the party or we save the president. | 要么保党 要么保总统 |
[09:15] | Anyone who votes against impeachment | 任何人反对弹劾的人 |
[09:18] | is gonna get pommeled by attack ads between now and election day. | 在选举前都会受到攻击性广告的攻击 |
[09:21] | How many do you have already? | 你已经有多少席位了 |
[09:22] | We need 18. I have six. | 我们需要18席 我只有六席 |
[09:25] | So, 12 more to go. | 那还要争取12席 |
[09:28] | Look, Donald, I know this is a big ask | 唐纳德 我知道这是个很大的人情 |
[09:33] | and you prefer to focus on policy and not — | 你更想把注意力放在政策上 不… |
[09:35] | Jackie, you can stop. I’m on board. | 杰姬 不用说了 我加入 |
[09:39] | – Really? – 100%. | -真的吗 – 百分百 |
[09:42] | I have to say I’m a little surprised. | 不得不说 我有点惊讶 |
[09:44] | When you rolled those dollies into the cloakroom you said, | 你把那些手推车推进休息室的时候 你说 |
[09:47] | “Work with me. I’m not Frank Underwood.” | “跟我合作 我不是弗兰克·安德伍德” |
[09:51] | And then you helped get my stimulus package through, | 然后你帮我通过了经济刺激方案 |
[09:54] | just like you promised. | 你信守了诺言 |
[09:58] | And what do you expect this time? | 这次你有什么期望呢 |
[10:00] | That you never become Frank Underwood. | 我希望你永远不会成为弗兰克·安德伍德 |
[10:03] | You must realize if we’re successful, he will replace Walker. | 你要知道 如果我们成功了 他会取代沃克 |
[10:07] | I don’t like Frank. but I hate being in the minority even more. | 我不喜欢弗兰克 但我更讨厌成为少数党 |
[10:11] | We can’t let the Republicans control both houses of Congress. | 我们不能让共和党同时执掌国会两院 |
[10:15] | You’ve changed since I joined the leadership. | 我加入领导层以来 你变了 |
[10:18] | Just getting better at playing the game. | 只是更懂得如何玩这场游戏了 |
[10:21] | I guess you can teach an old liberal new tricks. | 看来顽固不化这词不太对 |
[10:25] | I guess so. | 看来是的 |
[10:29] | So, tell me who you still need. | 告诉我你还需要谁 |
[10:31] | My lawyers are saying 50/50 that I survive a trial. | 我的律师说我赢得庭审的概率是一半一半 |
[10:35] | Now, I’m not a big fan of those odds, | 我不太满意这个数字 |
[10:38] | but I’m willing to take ’em. | 但我愿意接受 |
[10:40] | If your lawyers are putting it at a coin toss, | 如果你的律师说这事就看运气 |
[10:42] | then you’re paying them too much to be overly optimistic. | 那你是花钱雇了一群太过乐观的人 |
[10:45] | And how can I trust Garrett? | 我怎么能信任加勒特 |
[10:46] | He turned his back on 20 years of friendship. | 他背叛了20年的友谊 |
[10:48] | He could accuse you of the same. | 他也可以这么说你 |
[10:53] | Well, nobody on this planet | 这地球上没有人 |
[10:55] | wants to see Frank Underwood go to jail more than I do. | 比我更想看弗兰克·安德伍德进监狱了 |
[10:59] | I just don’t want to be sharing a cell with him. | 我只是不想到时跟他关在一起 |
[11:01] | That won’t happen. | 这种事不会发生的 |
[11:03] | All you’ve given me to go on is Garrett’s com.funword.word. | 你只给了我加勒特的口头承诺 |
[11:06] | He’s asking you to tell the truth. | 他想让你说出实情 |
[11:09] | Good things happen to those who do the right thing. | 做正确的事的人必有好报 |
[11:14] | And you just expect Frank to lie down, | 你们就指望弗兰克会跪地求饶 |
[11:17] | throw in the towel, hmm? | 举旗认输吗 |
[11:18] | We don’t even give him the chance. | 连求饶的机会也不会给他 |
[11:19] | Your testimony knocks him out cold. | 你的证词会让他全无反击之力 |
[11:23] | Excuse me. | 请稍等 |
[11:29] | Yes? Oh, thank you. | 什么事 啊 多谢你 |
[11:31] | Hold on. | 请等一下 |
[11:35] | There you go. | 给你 |
[11:50] | Care package from my wife. | 我妻子送的小礼物 |
[11:56] | Now, you were saying. | 那么 请继续 |
[12:03] | I just want to warn you, she’s not herself right now. | 我得提醒你一下 她现在状态很不稳定 |
[12:07] | They had to put her on some heavy doses. | 他们不得不给她服用了大剂量的药物 |
[12:09] | Of what? | 什么药 |
[12:10] | Lithium, mostly. | 主要是碳酸锂[抗躁狂药] |
[12:13] | It was either that or commit her for 30 days. | 不然就得留院观察30天了 |
[12:15] | Now she just took some, so she might be a little… | 她现在刚吃了药 可能有点 |
[12:26] | Megan? | 梅根 |
[12:50] | Stop. | 别碰我 |
[13:04] | Your mom told me they found you in the lake. | 你母亲告诉我他们从湖里救起了你 |
[13:09] | What do you care? | 你有什么好关心的 |
[13:11] | I care very much. | 我当然很关心你 |
[13:16] | No, you don’t. | 才怪 |
[13:20] | You don’t use somebody you care about. | 没人会利用关心的人 |
[13:28] | Whore. | 娼妓 |
[13:30] | Slut. | 荡妇 |
[13:33] | Bitch. | 婊子 |
[13:35] | Traitor. | 叛徒 |
[13:38] | That’s what they call me. | 他们就是这么说我的 |
[13:41] | In my mail. Online. | 发邮件 在网上 |
[13:46] | I wish I’d never called. | 真希望我没打那通电话 |
[13:48] | I wish I’d never met you. | 真希望我没见过你 |
[13:51] | I feel so stupid believing what you told me. | 你说什么我信什么 真是蠢透了 |
[13:55] | Thinking that you did care. | 我还以为你真心关心我 |
[13:58] | I was getting better. | 我本来都快恢复了 |
[14:01] | You did this to me. | 这全怨你 |
[14:07] | Every time I take one of these I think of him. | 我每吃一片药 都会想到他 |
[14:11] | And the next face I think of? | 接下来我想到的 |
[14:14] | It’s yours. | 就是你 |
[14:20] | I’m sorry that you felt used. | 你觉得被利用了 我很遗憾 |
[14:25] | You weren’t. | 我没有利用你 |
[14:29] | I just, um… | 我只是 |
[14:33] | like I told you, the political landscape shifted and — | 就像我说的 政治风向变了 而且 |
[14:36] | and we found… | 而我们发现 |
[14:46] | Megan? | 梅根 |
[15:04] | Hello? | 你好 |
[15:05] | I got your text. | 我收到你的短信了 |
[15:08] | I know I shouldn’t be reaching out to you, but I thought… | 我知道我不该联系你 但我觉得 |
[15:11] | No, that doesn’t matter. I’m glad you did. | 不 没关系 我很高兴你通知了我 |
[15:14] | How is she? | 她怎么样 |
[15:17] | In bad shape. | 状态很不好 |
[15:19] | I’m surprised they even let her out of the hospital, to be honest. | 说实话我很吃惊他们还敢让她离开医院 |
[15:23] | Is there anything I can do? | 有什么我能做的吗 |
[15:25] | Should I contact her family or go out there myself? | 用不用我联系她的亲人 亲自去探望她 |
[15:29] | We should probably leave her alone. | 我们最好不要打扰她了 |
[15:32] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[15:35] | I’m fine. How about you? | 我没事 你呢 |
[15:38] | Uh, holding up. | 还撑得住 |
[15:42] | Spent the whole day talking to lawyers. | 和律师商量了一整天 |
[15:46] | It’s hard on the kids. | 这对孩子们太不容易了 |
[15:49] | They’re embarrassed and frightened. | 他们既窘迫又害怕 |
[15:52] | But we’ll get through it. | 但我们会熬过去的 |
[15:55] | I thought the speech you and Garrett gave was very moving. | 我认为你和加勒特的讲话很感人 |
[15:58] | Well, it seems to have helped some. | 似乎起了点作用 |
[16:01] | I was inspired by you, actually. | 其实我是受你的启发 |
[16:03] | When you admitted to the abortion on TV. | 你敢于在电视上承认堕过胎 |
[16:08] | The truth is a powerful thing. | 真相往往很有冲击力 |
[16:14] | Tricia, I want to apologize. | 特莉莎 我想向你道歉 |
[16:18] | What for? | 为什么 |
[16:20] | I feel partly responsible for everything | 你的家庭所经历这些变故 |
[16:22] | your family’s going through. | 我觉得有一部分责任在我 |
[16:27] | It was my suggestion that you get counseling. | 是我建议你们去见咨询师 |
[16:31] | And had I known then, I never would have said a com.funword.word. | 早知今日 我当初就什么都不会说了 |
[16:34] | Claire, please. Counseling was a godsend. | 克莱尔 别这么说 见咨询师效果很好 |
[16:39] | Garrett and I needed help, | 加勒特和我需要帮助 |
[16:40] | and it’s made things better. | 而且也确实起了作用 |
[16:41] | I should be thanking you. | 我应该感谢你 |
[16:43] | And thank you for letting me know about Megan. | 还有要感谢你把梅根的事告诉我 |
[16:46] | It was kind of you to make that trip. | 你能去看她 真是好心 |
[16:49] | You’re a good person, Claire. Be well. | 你是个好人 克莱尔 保重 |
[18:45] | I take it this is about my hearing. | 我估计你是想说听证会的事 |
[18:49] | Did Walker get to you first? | 是不是沃克联系过你了 |
[18:51] | Barely. | 没比你快多少 |
[18:52] | But sometimes barely is enough. | 但有时候 哪怕只快一点也足够了 |
[18:55] | I’m sure he offered you a pardon. | 他肯定提出给你特赦 |
[18:58] | Always better to offer something your competitor can’t. | 提供竞争对手给不了的 才是最聪明的 |
[19:03] | Oh, but I can. | 但我能给你更好的 |
[19:07] | The last time I read the Constitution, | 据我所知 宪法规定的 |
[19:09] | the most a vice president could offer was, um, | 副总统能给的最有价值的东西也就是… |
[19:12] | smile and a wink. | 陪陪笑脸 递递眼色了 |
[19:14] | I think I’ve proven that I’m not your typical vice president. | 我想我已经证明我不是一般的副总统 |
[19:18] | Typical or not, you’ve lost, Frank. | 一般或不一般 你都输了 弗兰克 |
[19:21] | I have an out. You don’t. | 我还有出路 你没有 |
[19:24] | Garrett will not survive impeachment. | 加勒特撑不过弹劾的 |
[19:28] | If there’s one skill you can’t deny, | 你绝不能否认 |
[19:30] | it’s my ability to whip votes. | 我拉选票的能力 |
[19:32] | In the House. Not in the Senate. | 那是在众议院 不是在参议院 |
[19:35] | Which the Constitution makes me the President of. | 但依据宪法 我是参议院的主席 |
[19:39] | And you saw what I did with entitlement. | 你也看到我是怎么通过福利改革了 |
[19:41] | Hubris is giving you delusions of grandeur, Frank. | 傲慢使你自以为了不起了 弗兰克 |
[19:47] | Let’s say Walker squeaks by. | 就算沃克侥幸逃过一劫 |
[19:49] | Yes, you get your pardon. | 是的 你能得到特赦 |
[19:51] | But you’ve bound yourself at the hip | 但你把自己跟一个 |
[19:53] | to a man who has zero political capital. | 没有任何政治资本的人拴在一起了 |
[20:00] | And if he gets convicted, we all go to jail. | 如果他被定罪 我们都要坐牢 |
[20:03] | There’s no pardon for anyone. | 谁都没有特赦了 |
[20:05] | I’ll roll the dice. | 我愿意赌一把 |
[20:11] | Raymond, think like a businessman. | 雷蒙德 用你的商业头脑想想 |
[20:14] | Haven’t you built a fortune by minimizing risk? | 你不就是靠尽量减小风险积累财富的吗 |
[20:18] | Isn’t that why you stacked Congress all these years, | 这不就是你这些年用钱堆砌国会 |
[20:21] | why you guided Garrett to the Oval, | 引领加勒特当上总统 |
[20:23] | and why you kept me on as Whip? | 留我当党鞭的原因吗 |
[20:26] | Walker is a junk bond quickly depreciating, | 沃克是个垃圾股 贬值得快 |
[20:30] | whereas I can end the conflict with China | 而我可以迅速解决和中国的贸易战 |
[20:32] | and keep you in the black. | 还能保你稳赚 |
[20:35] | You can’t promise better relations with China. | 你没法保证改善和中国的关系 |
[20:38] | I wrecked them. I can repair them. | 我破坏的 我也能修复 |
[20:42] | Now let’s work together, as we always intended to do. | 一起合作吧 就如我们起初打算的那样 |
[20:57] | When they put you in that box barely bigger than a coffin, | 等你被关进棺材大的牢房里 |
[21:05] | remember how beautiful the music was tonight. | 记住今晚这美妙的音乐吧 |
[21:12] | It might give you some small degree of comfort. | 或许能让你稍微好受点 |
[21:19] | Puccini’s a downer. I prefer something much more optimistic. | 普契尼太伤感 我喜欢积极向上的 |
[21:33] | They won’t touch Brown. The trial date is set. | 他们不肯放布朗 审判日期已经定了 |
[21:36] | They can reduce the charges. | 他们可以减轻指控 |
[21:38] | Dallas won’t give. If I keep pressing, | 达拉斯不愿让步 如果我继续施压 |
[21:40] | it’ll start to look suspect. | 会显得可疑 |
[21:42] | What I can do is make sure you don’t get prosecuted. | 我能确保你不被起诉 |
[21:46] | And I stop working for you. | 还有我不再替你工作 |
[21:48] | Not quite. I told the U.S. Attorney | 不全是 我跟检察官说 |
[21:50] | that we wanted to bring you on with us. | 我们想让你为我们工作 |
[21:53] | Cyber terrorism division. You’d get a clean slate, as — | 网络恐怖主义分局 你的案底将一笔勾销 |
[21:56] | No fucking way. | 门都没有 |
[21:57] | They’re not gonna let your case go | 他们不会就那么放弃你 |
[21:59] | unless we give them a compelling reason. | 除非我们给他们充分的理由 |
[22:01] | – There’s no o – I’ve spent half my life fighting the Bureau. | -没别的 -我跟调查局斗争了半辈子 |
[22:03] | It’s the only way I could sell it. | 我只能这么说 |
[22:05] | Take this opportunity, Gavin, | 抓住机会 嘉文 |
[22:08] | before they change their minds. | 趁他们还没改变主意 |
[22:10] | I want to meet with Douglas Stamper. | 我要见道格拉斯·斯坦普 |
[22:13] | No. The deal was I find you a way out. | 不行 我们说好了我帮你找出路 |
[22:16] | No, the deal was you help out Brown and you give me my freedom. | 说好的是你帮布朗脱身并且还我自由 |
[22:19] | You haven’t done shit for Brown, | 你没为布朗办成任何事 |
[22:20] | and you still want to keep me under your thumb. | 还想继续控制我 |
[22:22] | So I meet Stamper, or any kinda deal is off. | 让我见斯坦普 否则一切免谈 |
[22:39] | Raymond said no. | 雷蒙德没答应 |
[22:41] | He said neither yes nor no. | 他没表态 |
[22:43] | I’ll keep the pressure on. | 我会继续施压 |
[22:44] | So he could still name you. | 他还是有可能指证你 |
[22:46] | He could. Anything’s possible. | 是的 一切皆有可能 |
[22:48] | Well, you have to stop him. | 你得阻止他 |
[22:49] | I’m trying. | 我在尝试 |
[22:50] | Well, trying’s not enough, Francis. | 尝试远远不够 弗兰西斯 |
[22:52] | Well, I can’t sit next to him in the hearing room | 我总不能在听证会上坐他旁边 |
[22:54] | with a gun to his head. | 拿枪抵着他头 |
[22:55] | Now that sounds like an excuse. | 这听起来像在找借口 |
[22:57] | It’s a reality. | 事实就是这样 |
[22:58] | You promised me I wasn’t going to have to prepare for the worst. | 你答应过 我不用做最坏的打算 |
[23:01] | And I intend to keep that promise. | 我也准备信守诺言 |
[23:03] | Well, I want to be sure. I want both of us to be sure. | 我想确保 我们都要确定会没事 |
[23:05] | The only surefire way is for Walker to call him off personally. | 唯一万无一失的办法 就是让沃克阻止他 |
[23:09] | Then make that happen. | 那就去办 |
[23:10] | I cannot force a man who thinks I’m his enemy | 我不能逼一个拿我当敌人的人 |
[23:13] | to suddenly call me his friend. | 突然把我当朋友 |
[23:16] | I’ve done what I had to do. | 我该做的都做了 |
[23:20] | Now you do what you have to do. | 现在轮到你了 |
[23:23] | Seduce him. Give him your heart. | 勾引他 把你的心交给他 |
[23:25] | Cut it out and put it in his fucking hands. | 挖出来放在他手上 |
[24:38] | Dear Mr. President, | 亲爱的总统先生 |
[24:40] | I’m writing on an Underwood portable | 我正在用我离开桑蒂诺时 |
[24:43] | my father gave me when I left for the Sentinel. | 我父亲给我的安德伍德打字机给你写信 |
[24:46] | It was the words my father said when he gave it to me | 我父亲将它给我时说了些话 |
[24:48] | that have resonated even more than this 70-year-old machine. | 比这台七十多年的机器更让我能产生共鸣 |
[24:55] | “This Underwood built an empire,” He said. | “这个安德伍德建立起了一个商业帝国”他说 |
[24:58] | “Now you go and build one of your own.” | “现在该你去建立一个属于你自己的帝国了” |
[25:01] | Those words have been a large part of what has motivated my life. | 这些话一直激励着我 |
[25:08] | I’ve only written one other letter with these keys. | 我只用这个打字机写过另一封信 |
[25:12] | It did not fail me then. I hope it will not fail me now. | 那封信不辱使命 希望这次也一样 |
[25:17] | You said I wanted to diminish you. | 你说我想削弱你 |
[25:20] | The truth is, I don’t. | 实际上 我没有 |
[25:22] | You said I wanted to challenge you in 2016. | 你说我想在2016年跟你竞争 |
[25:25] | The truth is, I don’t. | 实际上 我没有 |
[25:26] | You said I wanted the presidency for myself. | 你说我想自己当总统 |
[25:29] | The truth is, | 实际上 |
[25:32] | I do. | 我的确想 |
[25:35] | What politician hasn’t dreamed about what it would be like | 哪个政客没想过 |
[25:37] | to take the oath of the highest office of our land? | 宣誓执掌国家最高权力 |
[25:41] | I’ve stared at your desk in the Oval and coveted it. | 我曾盯着你的总统办公桌看 觊觎它 |
[25:45] | The power, the prestige. | 权力 威望 |
[25:47] | Those things have a strong pull on someone like me, | 那些东西对我这样一个来自南卡罗来纳州 |
[25:50] | who came from a small South Carolina town with nothing. | 一座小镇 曾一无所有的人来说有致命的吸引力 |
[25:56] | But since you assumed office, | 但自你就职时起 |
[25:58] | my only aim has been to fight for you | 我唯一的目标就是为你而战 |
[26:00] | and alongside you, | 与你并肩作战 |
[26:02] | whether that be in Congress or as now, | 无论是在国会还是现在 |
[26:05] | the battle over impeachment. | 在这场弹劾之战中 |
[26:08] | Maybe one day I’ll have my chance to serve as president, | 或许有一天 我有幸能成为总统 |
[26:12] | but not while you are the nation’s leader. | 但绝不是你在任期间 |
[26:15] | And in you, sir, I see a brave man. | 在你身上 我看到了勇敢 |
[26:19] | A just man. A president whom I would follow anywhere, | 看到了正直 你是我愿意永远追随的总统 |
[26:24] | no matter how strong the wind blows against us. | 无论我们遇到多大的阻力 |
[26:33] | I want to tell you something I have never told anyone: | 有一件事我从没对任何人说过 |
[26:36] | When I was 13 I walked in on my father in the barn. | 我13岁那年在谷仓里撞见我父亲 |
[26:40] | There was a shotgun in his mouth. | 他把猎枪伸到嘴里 |
[26:43] | He waved me over. “Come here, Francis,” He said. | 他朝我摆了摆手说道”过来 弗兰西斯 |
[26:46] | “Pull the trigger for me.” | 替我扣动扳机” |
[26:49] | Because he didn’t have the courage to do it himself. | 因为他没有勇气自己做 |
[26:52] | I said, “No, Papa,” And walked out, | 我说”不 爸爸” 就离开了 |
[26:53] | knowing he would never find that courage. | 我知道他永远没有那个勇气 |
[26:56] | The next seven years were hell for my father, | 接下来的七年里 我父亲生不如死 |
[26:59] | but even more hell for my mother and me. | 但我母亲和我更加痛苦 |
[27:02] | He made all of us miserable. | 他令我们都苦不堪言 |
[27:04] | Drinking, despair, violence. | 酗酒 绝望 暴力 |
[27:07] | My only regret in life is that I didn’t pull that trigger. | 我一生中唯一的后悔 就是当时没扣动扳机 |
[27:12] | He would have been better off in the grave, | 死亡对他来说会是种解脱 |
[27:13] | and we would have been better off without him. | 没有他我们也会过得更好 |
[27:16] | I’m not going to put you in the same position | 我不会让你陷入同样的境地 |
[27:18] | as my father put me in. | 像我父亲对我那样 |
[27:21] | You will find enclosed on a separate sheet | 信中附上了一张纸 |
[27:24] | a confession to the crimes you have been accused of. | 上面供认了所有你被指控的罪名 |
[27:28] | They’re false words, but my signature will make them true. | 都是假的 但我的签名会使它们成真 |
[27:32] | Use them if you must. | 有必要的话就用吧 |
[27:36] | If you truly believe that I have only served myself, | 如果你真的认为我的所作所为都是为了自己 |
[27:40] | then I have forever lost your trust. | 那么我已经永远失去了你的信任 |
[27:42] | All I can do now is give you my freedom to save your own. | 我现能做的 只有献出自己的自由以保住你 |
[27:48] | I said I would take the fall for you, | 我说过我会替你承担责任 |
[27:50] | and now I give you the means to make that happen. | 现在我把方法告诉你 |
[27:54] | I am pulling the trigger myself. | 我要自己扣动扳机 |
[27:58] | We all must make sacrifices to achieve our dream, | 为了实现梦想我们都要做出牺牲 |
[28:01] | but sometimes we must sacrifice ourselves for the greater good. | 但有时为了大局必须牺牲自己 |
[28:05] | It is my honor to make such a sacrifice now. | 做出这样的牺牲是我的荣幸 |
[28:09] | Your loyal friend, still in my heart, | 你忠实的朋友 至少我仍这样认为 |
[28:11] | if not in yours, Francis. | 即便你不这么想 弗兰西斯 |
[28:24] | The Constitution sets forth the general principles — | 宪法列出了一般原则 |
[28:26] | Sir? The president’s on the phone. | 先生 总统的电话 |
[28:43] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[28:45] | I got your letter. I had Tricia read it, too. | 我收到信了 我让特莉莎也看了 |
[28:51] | I’m torn, Frank. Half of me wants to think you’re genuine. | 我很纠结 弗兰克 一半认为你是恳诚的 |
[28:56] | The other half doesn’t trust a com.funword.word of it. | 另一半却一个字也不信 |
[28:59] | Does Tricia feel the same way? | 特莉莎也这么想吗 |
[29:01] | She believes in Claire, which inclines her to believe in you. | 她信任克莱尔 所以她也想相信你 |
[29:05] | I meant every syllable. | 我字字发自肺腑 |
[29:07] | I wanted you to know beyond a shadow of a doubt | 我想让你百分之百地相信 |
[29:10] | that I am willing to do whatever is necessary. | 我愿做任何该做的事 |
[29:13] | Well, then why can’t I shake the shadow? | 那么 我为什么抛不开疑虑呢 |
[29:16] | Because I’m a liar, sir. | 因为我是个骗子 先生 |
[29:19] | Because I lack scruples and some would even say compassion. | 因为我无所顾忌 甚至可以说没有同情心 |
[29:23] | But that’s just the image that I present to the world | 但那只是我展示给世人的一面 |
[29:25] | because it elicits fear and respect. | 因为那能使人害怕 让人尊敬我 |
[29:28] | But it is not who I am. | 但我不是那样的人 |
[29:31] | My hope was that my letter would prove that to you. | 我希望我的信能向你证明这一点 |
[29:37] | Well, even if you are being genuine, | 好吧 就算你说的都是真的 |
[29:40] | that doesn’t do much for me. | 对我也没什么用 |
[29:42] | I won’t survive impeachment | 我想躲过弹劾 |
[29:44] | because I got along with my vice president. | 不能只靠我和我的副总统关系好 |
[29:46] | No, I agree you need more than my good intentions. | 是啊 我同意 你需要的不只是我的好意 |
[29:51] | Proof. That’s what I want to see, Frank. | 证明给我看 弗兰克 |
[29:55] | And not just falling on the sword. Show me results. | 别光承担责任 我要结果 |
[29:59] | And then I’ll reconsider whether you’re worth any of my trust at all. | 那样我会重新考虑你是否值得信任 |
[30:02] | You’re talking votes. | 你是说投票 |
[30:03] | Yeah. Whipping votes was your strong suit. | 是的 拉票是你的强项 |
[30:07] | That’s the side of you I want to see. | 我想看到你那一面 |
[30:09] | I’ve already begun, sir. | 我已经开始着手了 先生 |
[30:11] | Yeah? You have a count? | 是吗 得到票数了吗 |
[30:12] | An approximation. The sands keep shifting. | 只有个大概 形势一直在变化 |
[30:15] | Well, can we survive the House or not? | 我们能得到众议院的支持吗 |
[30:16] | Possibly, but Jackie Sharp is making it very difficult. | 有可能 但是杰姬·夏普在阻挠 |
[30:19] | Give me numbers. | 告诉我票数 |
[30:20] | Over half of the 18 that she needs, | 她需要得到超过18人的支持 |
[30:22] | which is why I’d like to start focusing on the Senate. | 所以我想从参议院下手 |
[30:25] | Don’t you think that’s premature? | 你不觉得现在行动有点早吗 |
[30:27] | We should be prepared. | 我们必须有所准备 |
[30:29] | The key battle is making sure that you avoid conviction. | 重中之重就是确保你不被定罪 |
[30:33] | Well, you keep whipping, you keep getting me information, | 你继续拉票 有消息告诉我 |
[30:37] | I’ll answer your calls. | 我就等你电话了 |
[30:40] | But don’t take that as a sign of reconciliation, Frank. | 但别以为你我就此相安无事了 弗兰克 |
[30:44] | I’ll sing for my supper, sir. | 我会感激收获 先生 |
[30:46] | I don’t expect it for free. | 但我不会以为我能不劳而获 |
[30:48] | Let’s talk again tomorrow. | 我们明早再商量 |
[30:51] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你 总统先生 |
[30:54] | You said you wanted options. | 你说你想有选择余地 |
[30:56] | Frank didn’t leave me options. He fucked me. | 但弗兰克让我没得选 他坑了我 |
[30:58] | You fucked him first when you sided with Tusk. | 是你和塔斯克沆瀣一气 先把他坑了 |
[31:00] | But who cares what happened each inning? | 但谁管中间过程怎样 |
[31:02] | It’s the final score that counts. | 只有临门一脚才算数 |
[31:04] | Eight years I spent busting my ass in this office. | 我在他麾下八年 为他跑前跑后 |
[31:08] | I can’t seem to escape it. | 看来还是躲不过为他卖命 |
[31:10] | You gonna help us or not? | 你是帮我们还是不帮 |
[31:11] | I need to know what I gain. | 我要知道我有什么好处 |
[31:12] | – You’ll be taking care of. – Specifically. | -你会得到关照的 -说具体点 |
[31:16] | We’ll see what makes sense when all the chips have fallen. | 等到尘埃落定 再看看要怎么办吧 |
[31:19] | So you just want me to leap off a cliff | 那你是要我闷头往悬崖下跳 |
[31:20] | and hope for a soft landing beneath? | 指望着运气好摔不死吗 |
[31:22] | No one will touch you now. Nobody except us. | 现在谁都不会要你 除了我们 |
[31:25] | We’re as soft as you’re gonna get. | 我们就是你最好的运气 |
[31:28] | A job at the White House? | 能在白宫给我一官半职吗 |
[31:30] | No promises. | 这我说不准 |
[31:32] | Other than something commensurate | 结果如何取决于你的 |
[31:34] | with your loyalty and experience. | 忠诚度和经验 |
[31:37] | I could just walk away from it all. Start a new life. | 我完全可以就此抽身 开始新的生活 |
[31:40] | No, you can’t. You know you can’t. | 你抽不了身 你知道你做不到 |
[31:43] | You’d wither away anywhere but the Hill. | 离了国会山 你只会衰萎 |
[31:45] | It’s never been about the money, | 不管你怎么骗自己 |
[31:47] | no matter what you tell yourself. | 你做这一行不是为了钱 |
[31:49] | When I left, Frank begged me to stay. | 我跳槽的时候 弗兰克求我留下 |
[31:52] | “Power versus money,” He said. | 他说”这是权和钱二选一” |
[31:54] | Don’t reduce myself to a tax bracket. | 别屈尊加入那些缴富人税的人 |
[31:57] | He was right. And I doubt he begged. | 他说得对 但我不认为他会求你 |
[32:00] | He was half right. | 他对了一半 |
[32:01] | Power is better than money for as long as it lasts. | 只要有权力握在手里 就比钱有魅力 |
[32:04] | But it never lasts. | 但权力总会滑出手心 |
[32:07] | What’s your answer? | 你的回答是什么 |
[32:16] | You’ve gotten colder since you’ve taken over this job. | 你当了党鞭之后变得更冷血了 |
[32:21] | It makes things easier. | 这样办事容易些 |
[32:23] | On the outside. | 只是对外吗 |
[32:27] | And the inside. | 内外皆是 |
[32:31] | I miss you, Jackie. | 我想你 杰姬 |
[32:35] | Tell me if you’ll cooperate. | 你打算合作的话 就告诉我 |
[32:40] | How’s your brother enjoying working with the congressman? | 你哥哥在议员手下干得如何 |
[32:44] | Oh, excuse me one second. | 我接个电话 |
[32:47] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[32:49] | I want you to call Tusk. Tell him the deal is off. | 我要你打给塔斯克 告诉他交易取消 |
[32:52] | – What? – You were right. | -什么 -你说得对 |
[32:54] | I don’t want to take the risk. | 我不想冒此风险 |
[32:56] | But I already spoke to him. | 但我已经和他谈过了 |
[32:57] | Well, so speak to him again. And tell him there’s no pardon. | 那就再和他谈谈 告诉他特赦没戏了 |
[33:00] | Sir, I — I — I was skeptical of this strategy at first, | 先生 我起初对这策略确实有些怀疑 |
[33:03] | but now that we’ve gone down this road, we should stick to it. | 但我们已经选了这条路 就该走到底 |
[33:06] | Linda, do you still want your job back? | 琳达 你还想回来做幕僚长吗 |
[33:08] | Of course, sir. | 当然 先生 |
[33:10] | Then make the call. | 那就打给他 |
[33:16] | I’d rather see what happens in the House | 我想先看看众议院的结果 |
[33:18] | before I get involved in any way. | 再决定要不要帮你们 |
[33:20] | But if you came out vigorously in defense of the President, | 但如果你能表现出对总统坚定的支持 |
[33:23] | it might convince the Judiciary Committee — | 可能会让司法委员会觉得… |
[33:24] | To be honest, I’m not particularly inclined | 说实话 我并不是很想 |
[33:26] | to be doing Walker any favors. | 帮沃克的忙 |
[33:29] | Now, Michael, I know he revoked your nomination. | 迈克尔 我知道他撤销了你的国务卿提名 |
[33:32] | He didn’t fight for me at all. | 他完全没有为我争取 |
[33:34] | Well, he’d just been elected. He wasn’t in a position to — | 他那时刚刚当选 还没有足够的… |
[33:36] | Wrong. He had a clear mandate. | 才怪 他明明有这权力 |
[33:39] | He was in a strong position to defend me. | 他完全可以支持我 |
[33:42] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[33:44] | If I had been President I wouldn’t have given in so easily. | 如果我是总统 我不会那么轻易放弃 |
[33:47] | I would’ve stuck by you after that article came to light. | 我会在那篇文章曝光后坚定支持你 |
[33:50] | In fact, if you’d been our secretary of state instead of Durant, | 老实说 如果国务卿是你而不是杜兰特 |
[33:53] | I don’t think we’d be in the mess we are with China. | 我们和中国的关系或许就不会这么差了 |
[33:56] | But the truth is, I wouldn’t have nominated you | 但事实是 如果换了我 我也不会 |
[33:58] | for secretary of state in the first place. | 提名你做国务卿 |
[33:59] | I would have nominated you for secretary of treasury. | 我会提名你做财政部长 |
[34:02] | Because your expertise in economics is even better | 因为你在经济领域的专业知识 |
[34:04] | than your grasp on foreign affairs. | 比你的外交知识强得多 |
[34:06] | No, if I were president, you’d be secretary of treasury. | 如果我是总统 你就会做财政部长 |
[34:11] | If you were president. | 如果你是总统… |
[34:14] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[34:16] | You can’t do this. | 你不能这样 |
[34:20] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[34:25] | Was it Frank? | 是弗兰克捣的鬼吗 |
[34:29] | Linda, listen to me — | 琳达 听我说 |
[34:35] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[34:38] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[34:41] | The deal is off. | 交易取消了 |
[34:43] | Did she say why? | 她说原因了吗 |
[34:44] | No. Other than he changed his mind. | 没有 只说他改主意了 |
[34:47] | But it must be Frank. | 但肯定是因为弗兰克 |
[34:49] | Then we go back to the original plan. | 我们还是按原计划来 |
[34:51] | That’s right. You plead the Fifth just like you did before. | 没错 和以前一样拒不解释 |
[34:53] | This is political theater. | 这是政治手段 |
[34:54] | – We get past it and focus on the – Jesus Christ. | -我们可以蒙混过关然后关注 -天呐 |
[34:56] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[34:57] | Remy Danton is volunteering to testify to Dunbar, right now. | 雷米·丹顿自愿去邓巴那里作证 就是现在 |
[35:01] | He volunteered? He wasn’t subpoenaed? | 他自愿的 不是被传唤的吗 |
[35:03] | Looks that way. | 看起来是的 |
[35:04] | He’s gonna sell me out. | 他要出卖我 |
[35:06] | That would open him up to prosecution. | 那样的话他也会遭到起诉 |
[35:09] | Unless he’s being protected. | 除非他受到了保护 |
[35:17] | Where’s Danton? | 丹顿在哪 |
[35:20] | I’ll call his assistant. | 我给他助理打电话 |
[35:24] | Did you or did you not facilitate foreign money | 你是否促成外资 |
[35:27] | being funneled into political action committees? | 流入政治行动委员会 |
[35:32] | On the advice of my counsel, | 根据我律师的意见 |
[35:34] | I reserve my right to invoke the Fifth Amendment. | 我保留行使第五修正案的权利 |
[35:37] | Xander Feng claims you not only facilitated, | 冯山德声称你不仅是促成了此事 |
[35:39] | you orchestrated the scheme. | 更是最初的策划者 |
[35:41] | Now what is your response to that testimony? | 你如何回应这项证词 |
[35:45] | On the advice of my counsel, I reserve my right to — | 根据我律师的意见 我保留我的权利 |
[35:49] | You can reserve your right all day long, Mr. Tusk. | 你今天可以一直保留你的权利 塔斯克先生 |
[35:52] | But when you appear in front of a grand jury, | 但等你面对陪审团时 |
[35:54] | as I’m sure the Justice Department intends, | 我确信司法部门一定会起诉你 |
[35:57] | your silence will be your downfall. | 你的沉默将使你垮台 |
[35:59] | Does the congressman have a question? | 议员有问题要问吗 |
[36:00] | You can hide from us all you want, sir. | 你可以躲着我们 先生 |
[36:03] | You cannot hide from a jury of your peers. | 却躲不过与你平起平坐的陪审团 |
[36:06] | – Mr. Chairman. – That’s it. I’m done. | -主席先生 -就这样吧 我说完了 |
[36:07] | I relinquish the remainder of my time. | 我放弃我剩余的时间 |
[36:11] | The chair recognizes the congresswoman from Tennessee. | 下面交给田纳西州女议员 |
[36:13] | You have 12 minutes, ma’am. | 12分钟 女士 |
[36:15] | Mr. Tusk, our nation is currently embroiled in a trade war with China. | 塔斯克先生 我们卷入了与中国的贸易战中 |
[36:20] | It has gutted our economy. | 这严重挫伤了我国的经济 |
[36:22] | It has placed our navy in harm’s way. | 使我们的海军处于险境 |
[36:25] | – The president who put us there has — He knew. | -而使我们陷入这困境的总统 -他知道 |
[36:31] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[36:32] | My client reserves the — | 我的委托人保留 |
[36:33] | He knew. Isn’t that what you’re all wondering? | 他知道 你们不就是想知道这个吗 |
[36:38] | Quiet, please. | 请安静 |
[36:40] | Knew what, exactly? | 知道什么 确切一些 |
[36:43] | There was a mechanism by which a great many contributions | 有一套机制 它在过去10年里 |
[36:47] | were made over the last 10 years. | 贡献了大量的捐助款 |
[36:50] | The legality of this mechanism is something | 我仍然认为 |
[36:52] | that I continue to believe is within the boundaries of the law. | 这套机制并不触犯法律 |
[37:00] | But as for the mechanism itself, Mr. Feng is correct. | 但至于该机制本身 冯山德先生说得对 |
[37:04] | I orchestrated it. I facilitated it. | 是我策划的 是我促成的 |
[37:07] | And the president knew about it. | 总统是知道的 |
[37:09] | Danton just canceled. | 丹顿刚刚取消了 |
[37:11] | Screw Danton. We’ve got Tusk. | 去他的吧 我们有塔斯克 |
[37:15] | Get me the attorney general. | 接通司法部长 |
[37:25] | That won’t be necessary, Mr. Tusk. | 没有这个必要 塔斯克先生 |
[37:27] | If you’ll come with us. | 请和我们走一趟 |
[37:29] | That’s a shame. | 真可惜 |
[37:30] | Handcuffs were another item on my bucket list. | 手铐也是我遗愿清单中的一项呢 |
[37:33] | Right this way, sir. You have the right to remain silent. | 这边走 先生 你有权保持沉默 |
[37:36] | Anything you say can and will be used against you. | 你所说的一切将用来作为控告你的证据 |
[37:38] | We’ll want a bond. For his cooperation in the hearing. | 我们谈谈条件吧 他在听证会上很配合 |
[37:42] | I’ll talk bonds if you’ll talk a plea. | 认罪了再谈条件 |
[37:45] | Response to the testimony has been swift and vocal. | 人们对证词的反应又快又强烈 |
[37:48] | Protesters have been gathering in front of | 抗议者从昨天起 |
[37:49] | the White House since yesterday, | 便聚集在白宫前 |
[37:51] | demanding President Walker’s resignation. | 要求总统沃克下台 |
[37:54] | And an online petition has already accumulated | 一份网上请愿书在过去24小时里 |
[37:56] | over 200,000 signatures in the past 24 hours. | 已经获得二十多万人签名 |
[38:00] | The list of lawmakers publicly condemning the president | 两院公开谴责总统的人数 |
[38:03] | has grown on both sides of the aisle. | 越来越多 |
[38:05] | And this afternoon the Chinese ambassador | 今天下午 中国大使 |
[38:07] | also condemned the Walker administration, | 也谴责了沃克政府 |
[38:09] | saying China would not negotiate with a president | 指责其瞒着北京与腐败商人做交易 |
[38:12] | who dealt with corrupt businessmen behind Beijing’s back. | 他说中国不会与这样的总统进行谈判 |
[38:15] | This at a time when warships from both countries — | 如今 两国的军舰 |
[38:17] | Meanwhile the president and first lady remain bunkered | 与此同时 总统与第一夫人 |
[38:20] | at Camp David and have offered no public response | 仍在戴维营闭门不出 尚未对华盛顿 |
[38:23] | to the most recent developments in Washington. | 最新的进展发表公开回应 |
[38:25] | I’m here with Ayla Sayyad of the Wall Street Telegraph. | 我们请到了《华尔街电讯报》的艾拉·萨伊德 |
[38:27] | And Ayla, I have to begin by saying that sources | 艾拉 我必须先说 |
[38:29] | on the Hill are telling me | 据国会知情人士透露 |
[38:31] | that the Judiciary Committee may bypass debate all together. | 司法委员会可能完全跳过辩论 |
[38:34] | Uh, no one on the committee has gone on record about that. | 不 委员会还没有人正式发表这样的声明 |
[38:37] | But do you think these rumors would be circulating | 但如果不是委员会十分倾向于 |
[38:38] | if there weren’t some sort of strong preference | 建议众议院启动弹劾程序 |
[38:40] | to recommend the Articles of Impeachment to the House? | 也不会有这种传言了吧 |
[38:43] | I think it’s safe to assume there is strong support. | 我认为几乎可以肯定弹劾很受支持 |
[38:45] | Every poll I’ve seen shows | 我看到的每份民调都显示 |
[38:47] | an overwhelming majority of Americans want this to move forward. | 很大一部分美国人希望更进一步 |
[38:49] | I don’t think politicians are going to ignore that. | 我觉得政客们不会无视这一点的 |
[38:52] | I’ve talked to a number of my colleagues already. | 我已经和我的一些同事聊过了 |
[38:54] | There’s support on my side of the aisle. | 民主党这边有些支持者 |
[38:56] | – Well, how many do you have? – Five at this point, including me. | -你有多少 -现在包括我在内有五个 |
[38:59] | That would put us at 60. We’d still need seven more. | 那就一共有60个了 还需要七个 |
[39:02] | You’ve seen the overnight polls. | 你也看了昨晚的民调了 |
[39:04] | He’s dipped down into the single digits. | 他的支持率都降到个位数了 |
[39:06] | Are you willing to make a public statement with us? | 你想和我们一起发表公开声明吗 |
[39:09] | I think the country could use | 我觉得事到如今 |
[39:10] | a little bipartisanship right now, don’t you? | 两党合作一下也不是坏事吧 |
[39:14] | Do you think they’re bluffing? | 你觉得他们在虚张声势吗 |
[39:16] | That it’s some sort of stunt to sway the undecideds in the Senate? | 为了动摇参议院那些仍在犹豫的人而耍的花招 |
[39:21] | Michael Kern is bitter and small-minded, sir, | 迈克尔·科恩小气又记仇 先生 |
[39:23] | but he wouldn’t appear publicly with Mendoza | 但如果他们没获得足够的支持 |
[39:25] | if they didn’t have the numbers. | 他不会和门多萨一同公开表态 |
[39:27] | Well, I imagine we’re worse off in the House than we were before. | 可以想象众议院的情况比之前更糟了 |
[39:29] | In fact, I had a very productive conversation with Jackie Sharp. | 其实我本来和杰姬·夏普聊得还挺有成效 |
[39:32] | She agreed to stop the attack | 她同意停止攻击 |
[39:34] | if we give her our support for majority leader after the midterms. | 只要我们在中期选举后支持她做多数党领袖 |
[39:37] | But once Raymond gave his testimony, | 但雷蒙德一提供他的证词 |
[39:39] | she called to say the deal was off. | 她就打电话说交易取消 |
[39:42] | Raymond really has set us back. | 雷蒙德真的给了我们很大打击 |
[39:44] | I can’t fathom why he lied. | 我真想不通他为什么要撒谎 |
[39:46] | Well, it’s retribution. | 他要报复我 |
[39:48] | – For what? The energy crisis? – No. | -为了什么 能源危机吗 -不是 |
[39:53] | Did you offer him something? | 你给了他什么好处吗 |
[39:57] | Well, Raymond’s testimony hurts, | 雷蒙德的证词确实于我们不利 |
[39:59] | but it can’t finish us off. | 但并没有终结我们 |
[40:00] | It’s impossible to prove a lie. | 谎言是无法证明的 |
[40:02] | Impeachment is inevitable. | 弹劾不可避免 |
[40:05] | Public opinion is the adversary now. Facts no longer matter. | 现在民众舆论成了敌人 事实已经不重要了 |
[40:09] | You should give Kern a call. The personal touch. | 你应该给科恩打个电话 亲自聊聊 |
[40:13] | If he came back to us, | 如果他重新支持我们 |
[40:14] | it might make the other Democrats get cold feet. | 别的民主党可能就会胆怯退缩 |
[40:16] | Well, China isn’t helping. | 中国也在帮倒忙 |
[40:19] | President Qian won’t return my calls. | 钱主席不回我的电话 |
[40:20] | Beijing must smell death. | 北京那边肯定觉得我气数已尽 |
[40:22] | They’re just exploiting the situation for leverage. | 他们只是在利用这个局面寻求筹码 |
[40:25] | Let’s not worry about China for the moment. | 现在暂时别考虑中国 |
[40:27] | One battle at a time, sir. | 一步一步慢慢来 先生 |
[40:30] | Maybe I’m finished, Frank. | 我大概是完了 弗兰克 |
[40:33] | Maybe I need to start accepting that we won’t pull out of this. | 也许我该接受 我们没法全身而退了 |
[40:36] | Mr. President, I know you’re tired. | 总统先生 我知道你累了 |
[40:38] | I know this has been hell for you. | 我知道对你而言 这生不如死 |
[40:40] | And, yes, impeachment would be an awful blow. | 确实 弹劾会是个严重的打击 |
[40:43] | We’d have to fight tooth and nail in the Senate. | 我们要在参议院浴血奋战了 |
[40:46] | And, yes, we’ll have to beg and compromise | 确实 我们将不得不祈求和妥协 |
[40:48] | to regain our political capital. | 重新赚回我们的政治资本 |
[40:50] | But we have it in us, sir. | 但我们一定会胜利 先生 |
[40:53] | No matter how many scars it leaves us with. | 不管拼得多么头破血流 |
[40:56] | It’s not just us, Frank. | 不仅仅是我们 弗兰克 |
[40:58] | It’s Tricia. It’s my children. | 还有特莉莎 还有我的孩子们 |
[41:02] | I stay awake at night, thinking how much it would crush them, | 我整夜失眠 想着他们看到父亲退缩 |
[41:06] | seeing their father hauled off. | 将是多大的打击 |
[41:09] | Sir, that won’t happen because I won’t let it. | 先生 不会那样的 我不会允许 |
[41:11] | If we’re confronted by the worst, | 如果我们遇上最糟的情况 |
[41:13] | I’ll make sure you never step foot behind bars. | 我至少会确保你不会遭受牢狱之灾 |
[41:15] | You have my com.funword.word on that. | 我向你保证 |
[41:20] | He’s in the darkness now. | 他现在身处黑暗 |
[41:22] | And I’m the only beacon of light. | 我是唯一指路的明灯 |
[41:24] | Now we gently guide him toward the rocks. | 现在只要温柔地把他引向礁石就可以了 |
[41:28] | Mr. President, you also still have my letter. | 总统先生 你还有我的信 |
[41:31] | It’s not too late, if you want to use that option. | 如果你想走那条路 现在还不算太晚 |
[41:34] | No, you’re more useful to me on the Hill than in handcuffs. | 不 你留在国会比待在监狱更有用 |
[41:40] | I’ll call Kern. | 我会给科恩打电话 |
[41:41] | – Goodnight, sir. – Night. | -晚安 先生 -晚安 |
[42:14] | How much did Green tell you? | 格林告诉你多少 |
[42:15] | Enough that I showed up. | 足够让我现身 |
[42:18] | He probably didn’t mention Rachel Posner, huh? | 他大概没提到瑞秋·波斯纳 是吧 |
[42:23] | Don’t worry. He doesn’t know. | 别担心 他不知道 |
[42:26] | I do. | 但我知道 |
[42:28] | You have her in an apartment in Joppa. | 你把她藏在乔帕的一间公寓里 |
[42:31] | I have your movements. | 我知道你的一举一动 |
[42:33] | I have your text messages before you destroyed your phone. | 你有你毁掉手机之前的短信 |
[42:36] | But that’s more than enough. | 不过这已经足够了 |
[42:38] | I’ll bet a lot of people would like to know what she knows. | 我相信很多人都很想知道她知道的事 |
[42:44] | Now you listen to me very carefully. | 你给我听好了 |
[42:47] | Whatever you think you’ve got, | 不管你以为你拿到了什么 |
[42:49] | whatever you intend to do with it, | 也不管你打算拿这些东西做什么 |
[42:52] | I don’t respond to extortion the same way that Green does. | 我不会像格林那样被敲诈牵着走 |
[42:56] | What Green promised you, | 格林给你的许诺 |
[43:00] | that can be undone in a heartbeat. | 我瞬间就可以抵消 |
[43:03] | And that’s why you’re here. Make sure it isn’t. | 所以才把你找来 确保不会变卦 |
[43:09] | You want my protection. | 你想要我的保护 |
[43:11] | I don’t trust Green or anyone at the Bureau. | 我不信任格林或联调局的任何人 |
[43:18] | Who else knows about this? | 还有谁知道 |
[43:22] | No one. | 没人知道 |
[43:27] | Why should I trust you? | 我为什么要相信你 |
[43:29] | ‘Cause we both have too much to lose, man. | 因为我们两人都输不起 伙计 |
[43:55] | Get dressed. | 穿上衣服 |
[43:57] | What — what are you doing here? | 你在干什么 |
[43:59] | Put some clothes on. | 穿上衣服 |
[44:02] | Why — why? | 为什么 |
[44:04] | Now. Let’s go. | 快点 我们走 |
[44:11] | Did anyone contact you? | 有人联系你吗 |
[44:14] | Where are you taking me? | 你要带我去哪 |
[44:15] | Answer my question. | 回答我的问题 |
[44:19] | No. Nobody. | 没人联系我 |
[44:24] | There’s someone who knows about us. | 有人知道了我们的事 |
[44:27] | Who knows where you are. | 知道你在哪 |
[44:29] | And when we’ve met. | 知道我们什么时候见过面 |
[44:35] | Are you gonna hurt me? | 你是不是要伤害我 |
[44:38] | Nothing’s going to happen if you tell the truth. | 你和我说实话就什么都不会发生 |
[44:41] | I am. I — I haven’t been contacted by anybody. | 我在说实话 没有任何人和我联系 |
[44:46] | Stop lying, Rachel. | 别再撒谎了 瑞秋 |
[44:50] | I will do whatever you want. | 你让我干什么都行 |
[44:51] | Please, just don’t hurt me. | 求你别伤害我 |
[44:52] | What I want is for you to answer my questions, | 我想让你回答我的问题 |
[44:55] | so I can help you. | 这样我才能帮你 |
[44:56] | All you have ever done is fuck up my life. | 你一直以来都在毁掉我的生活 |
[44:59] | You fucked up the fellowship. | 你毁了团契的事 |
[45:00] | You fucked up what I had with Lisa. | 你毁了我和丽萨的感情 |
[45:01] | Even when I did what you asked. | 即使我都按你说的做了 |
[45:02] | And your sick fucking visits, | 你每次来找我都像变态一样 |
[45:05] | and reading to you like a fucking child. | 要我哄小孩似的给你读书 |
[45:07] | What is wrong with you? | 你有什么毛病 |
[45:09] | Why can’t you just leave me be? | 为什么你就不能放了我 |
[45:11] | – Why do you have to be such a fucking — – stop! | -为什么你非要这么 -住嘴 |
[45:57] | Rachel? Don’t be stupid. | 瑞秋 别做傻事 |
[46:10] | Rachel? | 瑞秋 |
[46:13] | Everything’s gonna be fine. | 不会有事的 |
[46:21] | All I’ve ever done is try to protect you. | 我做的一切都是想保护你 |
[46:24] | That’s what I’m trying to do now. | 我现在也是想保护你 |
[46:28] | You have to believe that. | 你要相信我 |
[46:31] | I didn’t have to. | 我本来没必要保护你 |
[46:33] | Been a lot easier if I didn’t. | 那样事情会简单得多 |
[46:39] | But I did. I did it because I — | 但我还是那样做了 因为我… |
[46:48] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[47:12] | Yesterday we completed hearings with regard to Articles | 昨天我们结束了关于 |
[47:15] | of Impeachment for the president of the United States. | 弹劾美国总统的听证会 |
[47:18] | The chair will now entertain motions from the committee. | 主席现在开始听取委员会动议 |
[47:20] | Mr. Chairman. | 主席先生 |
[47:22] | The chair recognizes the congressman from Alabama. | 主席请阿拉巴马州议员发言 |
[47:25] | I move that we put our recommendation directly to a vote | 我建议我们直接开始对提议进行投票 |
[47:29] | so that debate on this important matter may take place | 这样众议院435名成员 |
[47:31] | on the House floor, open to all 435 members. | 都可以就此事进行辩论 |
[47:36] | Are there any objections to bypassing debate in this committee? | 委员会有人反对跳过辩论阶段吗 |
[47:41] | We will now vote on recommendation of the Articles | 现在开始对是否将弹劾条款 |
[47:43] | of Impeachment to the full House. | 送交众议院投票进行表决 |
[47:46] | Those in favor of recommendation say, “Aye.” | 同意提议的请喊”赞成” |
[47:48] | Aye. | 赞成 |
[47:50] | Those opposed? | 反对者 |
[47:51] | Nay. | 反对 |
[47:52] | The ayes have it. | 赞成占多数 |
[47:53] | This committee officially recommends Articles | 委员会正式建议众议院 |
[47:55] | of Impeachment proceed to the House floor. | 对弹劾条款进行投票 |
[48:18] | He’s here. | 他来了 |
[48:49] | The vice president is just arriving now here at Camp David. | 副总统刚刚到达戴维营 |
[48:53] | We except President Walker to speak within the hour, | 我们预计沃克总统 |
[48:56] | announcing his official resignation | 会在一小时内宣布 |
[48:58] | as president of the United States. | 辞去美国总统的职务 |
[49:14] | – How are you? – I’m fine. | -你怎么样 -我还好 |
[49:20] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[49:22] | I have coffee in the kitchen. | 我在厨房里煮了咖啡 |
[49:24] | – Would you like some? – I’m fine. | -要来点吗 -不用了 |
[49:35] | Well, you’re about to become | 你马上就要成为 |
[49:38] | the most powerful man in the free world. | 自由世界最有权势的人了 |
[49:41] | You don’t have to do this, sir. | 你没必要这么做 先生 |
[49:43] | I spoke to Kern last night. | 我昨晚和科恩谈过了 |
[49:45] | He’s not gonna back down. | 他不肯让步 |
[49:47] | So we’ll beat him down. | 那我们就打败他 |
[49:49] | No, Frank. | 不 弗兰克 |
[49:51] | My approvals are at eight percent. | 我的支持率只剩8%了 |
[49:53] | Even if I avoid conviction, | 即使我不被定罪 |
[49:54] | I have no mandate to lead. | 我也没有威严领导国家了 |
[49:55] | So better I step aside with some dignity | 所以我还是有尊严地下台 |
[49:59] | so the nation can start to heal. | 让国家开始康复 |
[50:07] | I can never fill your shoes, sir. | 我永远无法与你比肩 先生 |
[50:13] | You don’t have a choice now. | 你现在没有选择了 |
[50:24] | Your letter. | 你的信 |
[50:35] | Well, | 好了 |
[50:37] | shall we go introduce the 46th president of the United States? | 我们去向大家引见美国第46任总统吧 |
[50:58] | Effective immediately, | 自即日起 |
[51:00] | I am resigning the presidency of the United States. | 我辞去美国总统一职 |
[51:04] | Tricia and I believe that this is the best course of action, | 特莉莎和我认为这是最合适的行动 |
[51:07] | not only for us and our children, | 既是为了我们和孩子 |
[51:11] | but for the country. | 更是为了这个国家 |
[51:13] | It’s a sad day for us. I can’t deny that. | 这对我们是不幸的一天 毫无疑问 |
[51:17] | But I take solace in this: | 但让我心有慰藉的是 |
[51:19] | Frank Underwood will bring virtue, experience, | 弗兰克·安德伍德将把美德 经验 |
[51:23] | and courage to the Oval Office. | 和勇气带入总统办公室 |
[51:26] | I have been blessed to have him as my vice president. | 由他担任我的副总统 是我的荣幸 |
[51:30] | But I’m even more blessed to call him my friend. | 而有他这样的朋友 更是我的幸运 |
[51:35] | It has been… | 能够担任 |
[51:39] | the greatest honor of my life | 总统一职 服务国家 |
[51:42] | to serve this country as president. | 是我这一生无上的荣耀 |
[51:45] | I thank my family, my staff, | 我感谢我的家人 白宫的工作人员 |
[51:48] | and all of those who have supported me. | 以及所有那些支持我的人 |
[51:52] | Despite the last few months, | 尽管最近几个月风波不断 |
[51:54] | my faith in this country has never been stronger. | 但我对祖国的信仰愈发坚定 |
[51:59] | God bless all of you. | 上帝保佑你们 |
[52:01] | And god bless the United States of America. | 上帝保佑美利坚合众国 |
[52:06] | Thank you, Mr. President, for those words. | 谢谢你的美言 总统先生 |
[52:09] | Good luck to you, sir. | 祝你好运 先生 |
[52:22] | Sir, please raise your right hand and repeat after me. | 先生 请举起右手 跟我宣誓 |
[52:27] | I, Francis J. Underwood… | 本人 弗兰西斯·J·安德伍德 |
[52:30] | I, Francis J. Underwood… | 本人 弗兰西斯·J·安德伍德 |
[52:33] | Do solemnly swear… | 在此庄严宣誓 |
[52:34] | Do solemnly swear… | 在此庄严宣誓 |
[52:38] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[52:39] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[52:41] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[52:43] | The rest of the Cabinet is awaiting you at the White House. | 内阁其余成员都在白宫等你 |
[52:45] | We’d like to give you | 我们希望马上 |
[52:47] | a national security briefing right away, sir. | 为你做国家安全简报 长官 |
[52:48] | I’m aware of the particulars. | 细节我都已经清楚了 |
[52:49] | Can you please get Beijing on the phone? | 请联系一下北京 |
[52:51] | Qian hasn’t returned the President’s calls for two days. | 钱主席已经两天没回过总统的电话了 |
[52:56] | Well, there’s a new president now. | 现在总统已经换人了 |
[52:58] | Please get him on the line. | 马上给他打电话 |
[53:02] | Two hours ago, President Underwood, | 两个小时前 作为三军统帅 |
[53:04] | in his first act as commander in chief, | 安德伍德总统下达了第一条命令 |
[53:06] | gave orders to the seventh fleet to vacate Japanese waters. | 他要求第七舰队撤出日本周边海域 |
[53:10] | This was a result of a productive conversation | 这得益于总统与钱主席进行的一次 |
[53:12] | with President Qian, | 颇有成效的对话 |
[53:14] | who gave similar orders | 而钱主席也对该海域的 |
[53:15] | to Chinese naval vessels in the same region. | 中国舰队下达了撤退的命令 |
[53:17] | He moves quick. | 他行动挺快啊 |
[53:18] | Do you mean with the Chinese or with Walker? | 你是说对中国人 还是对沃克 |
[53:26] | – Mr. Feng? – What is it? | -冯先生 -怎么了 |
[53:27] | U.S. Justice Department. We need you to come with us. | 我们是司法部的 请随我们走一趟 |
[53:31] | – Where? – You’re going back to China. | -去哪 -你将被遣返回中国 |
[53:34] | I have asylum. | 我申请了政治避难 |
[53:35] | No, sir, you don’t. Your asylum has been rescinded. | 不 先生 你的避难请求已经被驳回了 |
[53:38] | I have it in writing. Unconditional and permanent. | 我有书面证明 无条件无限期的庇护 |
[53:40] | Sir, I’m telling you, your asylum has been rescinded. | 先生 我说过了 对你的庇护已经作废了 |
[53:43] | Now, please, gather your things and come with us. | 现在请收拾个人物品 跟我们走 |
[53:49] | Revoking his asylum will have consequences. | 撤销他的避难不是没有后果的 |
[53:52] | But we’re solid from a legal perspective? | 但是法律上没问题吧 |
[53:54] | Legally yes. His initial paperwork hasn’t been processed, | 法律上没问题 他的文件还没进入批准流程 |
[53:58] | and we can claim he poses a threat to our national interests. | 我们可以声称他对我国利益构成威胁 |
[54:01] | But it diminishes the integrity of our State Department. | 但这会削弱国务院的信誉 |
[54:05] | What’s more important, Cathy? Integrity or peace? | 哪一个更重要 凯茜 信誉还是和平 |
[54:09] | You know they’ll execute him. | 你知道他会被处决的 |
[54:11] | The Chinese are right about one thing. | 中国人说对了一件事 |
[54:13] | Sometimes you have to sacrifice the one for the many. | 有时候 就得舍弃一人 保证全局 |
[54:17] | Let’s get back to Washington. | 我们回华盛顿吧 |
[54:29] | Okay. Please let me know. Thanks very much. | 好的 请及时通知我 非常感谢 |
[54:31] | – Anything? – Not yet. | -有消息吗 -还是没有 |
[54:33] | See if you can track down anyone from his regular AA meetings. | 你看看能不能通过戒酒互助会查到他的行踪 |
[54:35] | I spoke to the moderator. | 我和辅导员谈过了 |
[54:36] | He said he hasn’t seen Doug in several weeks. | 他说已经有好几周没见过道格了 |
[54:38] | I checked all the hospitals, his landlord… | 我查过医院 问过他的房东 |
[54:41] | Sir, everyone’s here. | 先生 人都到齐了 |
[54:42] | All right, when this is all over | 好 等手头事一过 |
[54:44] | I want you to work with Nancy on finding Doug. | 我要你和南茜一起找道格 |
[54:45] | I’ve already alerted the D.C. Metro. | 我已经和交管部打过招呼 |
[54:47] | They put out an APB on his car. | 他们会对他的车牌发布全境通告 |
[54:49] | We’ll find him, sir. | 我们会找到他的 先生 |
[54:50] | Claire? | 克莱尔呢 |
[54:51] | Just outside. | 就在外面 |
[54:52] | Let’s go, Nancy. | 咱们走 南茜 |
[55:03] | Ladies and gentleman, | 女士们先生们 |
[55:05] | the President and the first lady. | 欢迎总统先生和第一夫人 |
[55:54] | Francis, | 弗兰西斯 |
[55:56] | I know your birthday isn’t for a couple weeks, | 我知道离你生日还有段时间 |
[55:59] | but I got you something. | 但我要送你一份礼物 |
[56:00] | – What’s this? – Open it. | -这是什么 -打开嘛 |
[56:10] | I had a new one made. | 我让人新做了一个 |
[56:15] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[56:16] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[56:20] | You go ahead. | 你快进去吧 |
[56:22] | Come on. | 一起来吧 |
[56:23] | We earned this together. | 这是我们共同的成功 |
[56:25] | Take a few moments for yourself first. | 你先自己去 好好享受一下 |
[56:28] | I’ll be out here. | 我就在外面 |
[58:14] | 1789年4月21日 美国第一任副总统约翰·亚当斯在纽约宣誓就职时 当选总统乔治·华盛顿还在赶往临时首都的路上 直到4月30日才正式就任 所以在30日之前的9天里 亚当斯作为副总统就成了这个年轻国家的最高行政长官 美国是先有有副总统 后有总统的 美国历史上 曾有9位副总统因总统亡故或辞职而接任成为总统 1973年 美国副总统阿格纽因贪腐被调查而被迫辞职 来自密西根州的众议员福特被时任总统的尼克松任命为副总统 次年 尼克松因水门事件被迫辞职 福特成为美国第38任总统 福特和弗兰克·安德伍德是美国历史上 仅有的两名未经民主选举却担任过副总统和总统职位的人 |