时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:51] | Hey, Pop. | 爸 |
[01:55] | Been a while, hasn’t it? | 好久不见啊 |
[01:58] | Did you see that motorcade roll up? | 看到车队驶过来了吗 |
[02:00] | It’s the first time that the President of the United States | 这是首次有美国总统 |
[02:05] | has visited Gaffney. | 来到加夫尼 |
[02:07] | Can you believe it? | 你能相信吗 |
[02:10] | Oh, I wouldn’t be here if I had a choice. | 如果有的选 我也不会来 |
[02:12] | But I have to do these sort of things now. | 但我现在得做这种事了 |
[02:14] | Makes me seem more human. | 让我显得更有人情味 |
[02:16] | And you have to be a little human when you’re the president. | 做总统就得有点人情味 |
[02:19] | He couldn’t even afford to pay for his own gravestone. | 他都没钱给自己买墓碑 |
[02:22] | I paid for it out of my own scholarship money from The Sentinel. | 我用自己桑蒂诺军事学院的奖学金买的 |
[02:26] | Nobody showed up for his funeral except me. | 他葬礼那天只有我去了 |
[02:29] | Not even my mother. | 我母亲都没去 |
[02:35] | But I’ll tell you this, though, Pop: | 但我要告诉你 爸 |
[02:38] | when they bury me, it won’t be in my backyard. | 等我下葬的时候 绝不会是葬在自家后院 |
[02:42] | And when they come to pay their respects, | 等人们前来吊唁的时候 |
[02:45] | they’ll have to wait in line. | 他们得排队 |
[02:53] | You should let us take a photo at the grave. | 你该让我们在墓地拍张照 |
[02:55] | He wants privacy. The man’s honoring his father, for God’s sakes. | 他想要点隐私 他可是在给父亲扫墓啊 |
[04:50] | Here’s the info you were looking for. | 这是你要的信息 |
[04:53] | And we have that scheduled for next Tuesday at 10 a.m. | 我们把那个安排在了下周二早上10点 |
[04:59] | That’s still good for you, right? | 没问题吧 |
[05:02] | Excellent. I’ll confirm it. | 很好 我会确认的 |
[05:08] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[05:10] | Yes, sir? | 什么事 先生 |
[05:11] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[05:13] | The president is ready to see you now. | 总统可以见你了 |
[05:19] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[05:22] | I’m devastated. | 我伤心欲绝 |
[05:25] | I love this man as if he were my son. | 我爱他如子 |
[05:29] | Now, he’s a fighter, and I’m sure that he’ll pull through. | 他是个斗士 我相信他能挺过来 |
[05:33] | Our prayers are with him. | 我们都为他祈祷 |
[05:35] | “…said President Underwood during a press conference yesterday. | “…安德伍德总统昨日在一场新闻发布会上如是说 |
[05:40] | The Maryland State Police | 马里兰州警方 |
[05:42] | and Federal authorities have yet to locate | 和联邦有关部门尚未找到 |
[05:44] | Mr. Stamper’s car or name any suspects.” | 斯坦普先生的车或提出任何嫌疑人” |
[05:50] | You want more of this, brother? | 还想听吗 弟弟 |
[05:55] | Or maybe the sports page? | 或许听听体育版吧 |
[06:03] | “Game Six of the World Series | “世界职业棒球大赛第六场比赛 |
[06:06] | went scoreless for 13 innings | 连续13局未得分 |
[06:09] | before a rain delay | 紧接着又因大雨延迟 |
[06:10] | that turned an already epic evening | 使这个已具有史诗性的夜晚 |
[06:12] | into one for the history books.” | 足以载入史册” |
[06:53] | We need a doctor in room three-one. | 31号病房需要医生 |
[06:55] | Douglas? | 道格拉斯 |
[06:57] | Can you hear me? | 能听到吗 |
[07:00] | I want you to blink if you can hear me. | 如果能听到眨下眼睛 |
[07:08] | Again. | 再来 |
[07:14] | My name is Dr. Lanjwani. | 我是兰吉维尼医生 |
[07:16] | The president’s office asked me to look after you personally. | 总统办公室要求我亲自看护你 |
[07:19] | You’re getting the very best of care, okay? | 你能得到最好的护理 好吗 |
[07:23] | Douglas, I want you to blink if you can feel this. | 道格拉斯 如果你能感觉到 就眨眼睛 |
[07:31] | Good. Good. | 很好 很好 |
[07:33] | How about this? | 这样呢 |
[07:37] | Okay. Excellent. | 好的 很好 |
[07:39] | And this? | 这样呢 |
[07:45] | How about here? | 这里呢 |
[07:51] | Relax. | 放松 |
[07:52] | Relax. Perfectly normal at this early stage. | 放松 早期阶段这很正常 |
[07:56] | Relax. | 放松 |
[07:57] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[07:59] | Okay. Get some rest. | 好的 休息吧 |
[08:28] | Are you gonna hurt me? | 你是不是要伤害我 |
[08:30] | I will do whatever you want, please just don’t hurt me. | 你让我干什么都行 求你别伤害我 |
[08:34] | – Does that hurt? – A little. | -疼吗 -有点 |
[08:36] | All right, let’s go ahead. Try and make a fist for me. | 好了 我们开始吧 握拳 |
[08:38] | – Remy. – What’s that? | -雷米 -什么 |
[08:40] | Remy Danton. Was he here? | 雷米·丹顿 他在吗 |
[08:44] | He was. Just checking on your progress. | 他来过 来看你怎么样了 |
[08:46] | Go ahead, make that fist for me. | 来 握个拳 |
[09:00] | Lion. | 狮子 |
[09:02] | Rhinoceros. | 犀牛 |
[09:04] | – Camel. – Good. | -骆驼 -很好 |
[09:05] | What color is Rudolph’s nose? | 鲁道夫的鼻子什么颜色 |
[09:10] | – Rudolph? – Reindeer. | -鲁道夫 -驯鹿 |
[09:15] | Red. | 红色 |
[09:19] | It’s red. | 是红色的 |
[09:20] | The President of the United States? | 美国总统 |
[09:26] | Douglas? | 道格拉斯 |
[09:28] | Who is the President of the United States? | 美国总统是谁 |
[09:35] | Frank Underwood. | 弗兰克·安德伍德 |
[09:38] | – What year are we in? – 2014. | -今年是哪年 -2014年 |
[09:40] | What month is it? | 几月份 |
[09:44] | It’s December. | 12月 |
[09:54] | I have to get back to work. | 我得回去工作 |
[09:57] | Douglas. Listen to me. | 道格拉斯 听我说 |
[10:00] | You suffered a compound fracture– | 你遭受了有创骨折… |
[10:01] | I know what I fucking suffered! | 我知道我什么毛病 |
[10:05] | I need you to hear me this time. | 你好好听我说 |
[10:08] | There was damage to your left frontal cortex. | 你左额皮质遭到了损伤 |
[10:11] | Your motor skills will be a struggle. | 你的运动技能将有退化 |
[10:13] | Your emotions will be unpredictable. | 你将情绪多变 |
[10:16] | There’s a long road ahead, and we can’t rush it. | 前面的路很长 我们不能心急 |
[10:22] | – Let’s do the test later. – No. | -我们稍后做测试吧 -不 |
[10:26] | We’ll finish it now. | 现在就做完 |
[10:30] | What was your mother’s name? | 你母亲叫什么 |
[10:32] | She was young and beautiful. | 她年轻漂亮 |
[10:35] | Jacob fell in love with her while she was watering a lamb, and… | 雅各在她照看羊喝水时爱上了她 |
[10:39] | she became his wife after he worked seven years | 他做了七年的工 |
[10:42] | to earn her hand in marriage. | 才终于娶到她 |
[10:46] | Push back. Heel into my hand. | 推 脚跟向我手里使劲 |
[10:52] | Breathe. | 呼吸 |
[10:54] | Back up. Deep breath. Ready? | 归位 深呼吸 准备好了吗 |
[10:58] | Push. Push. | 推 用力 |
[11:04] | Doug. | 道格 |
[11:05] | Focus. | 集中注意 |
[11:08] | The report I submit to Congress today | 我今天递交国会的报告 |
[11:10] | includes evidence that | 所包含的证据 |
[11:11] | would normally warrant criminal prosecution, | 通常足以展开刑事检控 |
[11:14] | but the Justice Department won’t pursue charges | 但鉴于总统特赦 |
[11:17] | in accordance with the presidential pardons. | 司法部不会提出起诉 |
[11:19] | I’m grateful for the hard work Ms. Dunbar and her team | 我很感激邓巴女士及其团队 |
[11:22] | have dedicated to their investigation. | 对此次调查的尽心尽力 |
[11:25] | In response, I’ll be forming a bipartisan commission | 作为回应 我将组建跨党派委员会 |
[11:27] | to examine campaign finance reform so history does not repeat itself, | 研究竞选筹款改革 以确保历史不再重演 |
[11:32] | and so that our nation can heal from these wounds. | 也让我们国家愈合伤口 |
[11:35] | I got bacon-cheese and regular. Which one you want? | 我有培根芝士和普通的 你要哪种 |
[11:36] | Just a minute. | 等等 |
[11:39] | Remember when you’d never eat a burger | 还记得你以前从不吃 |
[11:41] | if it didn’t have bacon on it? | 没有培根的汉堡吗 |
[11:43] | Dad would get so pissed | 爸会发火 |
[11:44] | because he hated the smell of bacon grease on the grill. | 因为他讨厌烤培根油的味儿 |
[11:47] | I’m trying to listen, Gary. | 我在听呢 加里 |
[11:49] | The president’s hands are tied. Might as well let him burn. | 总统也没办法 就让他去死[烧]吧 |
[11:52] | They’re getting their marshmallows ready. | 他们在准备棉花糖了 |
[11:54] | Look at Underwood’s approval rating. | 看看安德伍德的支持率 |
[11:56] | It’s worse than Walker’s before he resigned. | 比沃克辞职之前的还糟 |
[11:58] | That’s a deep, deep hole to climb out of. | 要从那个坑里爬出来 会很不容易 |
[12:01] | The Republicans are gonna have their fun for a while. | 共和党会得意一阵了 |
[12:03] | Plenty to hammer him on in the general. | 普选时有很多可以拿来打击他的东西 |
[12:04] | And they’re out for blood. | 而且他们一心想伤人见血 |
[12:06] | They lost big on education and entitlement reform. | 教育和福利改革他们都输得很惨 |
[12:08] | And if the rumors | 还有 如果那些关于 |
[12:09] | about America Works are true… | 《美国就业法案》的传言是真… |
[12:11] | For the left, that’s just too far to the right | 这计划对左派太右 |
[12:13] | and for the right, it’s too far to the left. | 对右派太左 |
[12:15] | They need me back. | 他们需要我回去 |
[12:17] | Where? The White House? | 哪里 白宫吗 |
[12:19] | We got to turn the corner, start ramping up for 2016. | 我们得扭转局势 开始为2016造声势 |
[12:21] | He might turn this around. | 他或许能扭转乾坤呢 |
[12:23] | You don’t really think he’s gonna win, do you? | 你不是真觉得他会赢吧 |
[12:25] | The guy’s experienced. Underwood has a lot… | 他经验丰富 安德伍德有很多… |
[12:27] | He’ll recover. | 他会恢复的 |
[12:28] | He’s a behind-the-scenes guy. | 他是个幕后推手 |
[12:30] | He’s not comfortable in the spotlight. | 他在聚光灯下不自在 |
[12:31] | How about you recover first? | 不如你先恢复吧 |
[12:33] | …glad-handing and kissing babies. | …假意热情 亲吻婴儿 |
[12:35] | This is gonna be a long 18 months if this proves any indication. | 如果这证明了什么 就是这18个月会很漫长 |
[12:38] | It can be a lot of chest-thumping | 会许下一堆空头承诺 |
[12:40] | but nothing really getting done. | 但却毫无建树 |
[12:42] | The Xybenetrin will help with depression. | 解忧灵有助缓解抑郁症 |
[12:45] | The buspirone is for anxiety. Here you go. | 丁螺环酮是治疗焦虑的 给你 |
[12:51] | I’d like to prescribe you something for the pain, but with your… | 我想给你开点止疼药 但鉴于你的… |
[12:54] | Well, any patient with a history of addictive behavior– | 所有有瘾史的病人… |
[12:57] | I know. It’s fine. | 我懂 没事 |
[13:00] | I can handle the pain. | 疼我撑得住 |
[13:34] | He looks a lot better. | 他看上去好多了 |
[13:37] | No, he’s still asleep. | 不 他还在睡呢 |
[13:41] | I have to go. | 我得挂了 |
[13:43] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:45] | Is this a bad time? | 打扰你了吗 |
[13:49] | No. It’s fine. | 没有 没事 |
[13:50] | No, it’s just no one told me you were coming. | 就是没人告诉我你要来 |
[13:56] | Francis sends his love. | 弗兰西斯要我代好 |
[13:57] | He would visit himself, but with the media… | 他很想亲自来 但是媒体… |
[13:59] | No, I understand. | 不 我懂 |
[14:01] | He did come before, when… | 他之前来过的 那时… |
[14:05] | – Both of us. – I know. | -我们俩都来过 -我知道 |
[14:07] | I saw the flowers. Thank you. | 我看到花了 谢谢 |
[14:09] | – You look well. – I’m getting there. | -你看上去挺好 -我在好起来了 |
[14:11] | I just want to get better so I can get back to work. | 我只想好起来 好回去工作 |
[14:13] | We’re looking forward to that. | 我们都盼着呢 |
[14:16] | We can use all the help we can get, actually. | 我们真是需要一切帮助 |
[14:18] | Yeah. Been watching the news. | 嗯 我一直在看新闻 |
[14:20] | Francis, he’s at his wit’s end. The Republicans… | 弗兰西斯 他真是无计可施了 共和党… |
[14:23] | won’t send him a single bill he can sign. | 不肯给他一张他能签的法案 |
[14:26] | – And the Democrats aren’t much better. – Bob Birch? | -民主党也好不到哪去 -鲍勃·博奇 |
[14:29] | Blind leading the stupid. | 瞎子给蠢货带路 |
[14:33] | How’s Remy working out? | 雷米干得还好吗 |
[14:36] | Well, we’d much rather have you there, but he’s doing a fine job. | 我们更希望是你在 但他还不错 |
[14:41] | Doug, do you… recall anything? | 道格 你…记得什么吗 |
[14:45] | – About what happened? – Why? | -关于事发经过 -怎么 |
[14:47] | Did the police find something? | 警察有什么发现吗 |
[14:48] | Not that we’re aware of. | 据我们所知是没有 |
[14:49] | And we’ve asked them to hold off questioning you | 我们叫他们暂时不要讯问你 |
[14:51] | until you’re feeling more like yourself. | 直到你感觉好一些 |
[14:58] | Rachel, she… | 瑞秋 她… |
[15:05] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[15:08] | Yes, you do. | 不 你记得 |
[15:15] | A carjacking. | 是劫车 |
[15:17] | – A man. – What sort of man? | -是个男人 -什么样的男人 |
[15:20] | That part’s fuzzy. | 那部分记不清了 |
[15:22] | It could be anyone, then. Any man. | 那就可能是任何人了 谁都可能 |
[15:23] | Yeah. Any man. | 是啊 谁都可能 |
[15:26] | And he got frightened? | 他被吓跑了吗 |
[15:27] | I chased him and that’s all. | 我去追他 然后就记不得了 |
[15:32] | Any idea where she is? | 知道她在哪吗 |
[15:35] | No. | 不知道 |
[15:36] | Because it’s important that we find her. | 我们一定得找到她 |
[15:41] | I really don’t know. | 我真不知道 |
[15:44] | That’s the truth. | 真的 |
[15:49] | I want you to tell all of this to the police, | 你把这些都告诉警察 |
[15:51] | exactly what you told me, | 你跟我说的原话 |
[15:52] | about the carjacking and the man. Nothing about her. | 关于劫车 那个男人 别提她 |
[15:55] | I got it. | 知道了 |
[15:57] | If you need anything, or remember anything… | 你如果需要什么 或记起了什么… |
[16:04] | – It’s good to see you. – You, too. | -见到你真好 -你也是 |
[16:31] | That’s good. One more time. Up and forward. That’s good. | 很好 再来 向上向前 很好 |
[16:33] | Excellent. Breathe. | 很好 呼吸 |
[16:36] | Good. | 很好 |
[16:37] | Good. Good. | 很好 很好 |
[16:41] | Okay. | 好了 |
[16:42] | Let’s try this one. You’re doing a great job. | 试试这个 你做得很好 |
[16:47] | Keep breathing. Good. | 继续呼吸 很好 |
[16:50] | Good job, Doug. | 很好 道格 |
[16:53] | Okay. Moving forward. You got it. | 好的 向前来 你行的 |
[16:57] | Great. Great job. | 很好 很好 |
[16:58] | Keep going. | 继续 |
[17:01] | Good. Breathe. | 很好 呼吸 |
[17:04] | Excellent. Good. | 很好 不错 |
[17:06] | One more. | 再来一个 |
[17:08] | Great job. | 很好 |
[17:09] | One more time. It’s almost done. Ready? | 再来一次 就好了 准备好了吗 |
[17:11] | Keep breathing. | 保持呼吸 |
[17:13] | Just his voice. He said, “Get out of the car.” | 只记得他的声音 他说”下车” |
[17:16] | Anything you can say about the voice? | 能描述一下他的声音吗 |
[17:17] | Was it, uh… Accent? Lisp? High? Low? | 形容下口音 咬字 音调高低 |
[17:21] | Deep. | 深沉 |
[17:23] | That’s all I remember. | 就记得这些了 |
[17:26] | Then I laid on the horn. I… | 然后我鸣了笛 |
[17:30] | I remember him running. | 我记得他跑了 |
[17:32] | Like a blur, I got out. | 很模糊 我下了车 |
[17:35] | I chased him. | 去追他 |
[17:40] | I’m not sure. I must have… | 我也不确定 我一定… |
[17:43] | What were you doing in that part of Maryland? | 你去马里兰州那里做什么 |
[17:49] | Mr. Stamper? | 斯坦普先生 |
[17:51] | Sir. What were you doing in that part of Maryland? | 先生 你去马里兰州那里做什么 |
[17:57] | I drive sometimes to think. | 我有时候会开车思考 |
[17:59] | There was a lot on my mind with work. | 当时工作上有很多事 |
[18:01] | I drive to clear my head. | 我只是开车清理思绪 |
[18:05] | Have you found the car? | 你们找到车了吗 |
[18:08] | We don’t have anything other than what you just told us. | 我们目前只有你刚刚提供的信息 |
[18:15] | How’s your mood been? Any episodes? | 你的情绪最近如何 有过情绪爆发吗 |
[18:17] | No. The meds are working. | 没有 药物很好使 |
[18:18] | You just telling me what I want to hear? | 你只是跟我说好听的吗 |
[18:20] | No. I feel good. | 不是 我感觉不错 |
[18:22] | Okay. | 好 |
[18:24] | I’m gonna sign your release today. | 我今天就批准你出院 |
[18:27] | But it’s important you take it easy at first. | 但你一开始一定别太急躁 |
[18:30] | Everything’s gonna be much harder in general. | 一切都会变得难很多 |
[18:32] | I know. | 我知道 |
[18:33] | Do you have someone who can look after you? | 有人能照顾你吗 |
[18:35] | Yeah. My brother Gary’s in from Ohio. | 有 我哥哥加里从俄亥俄州过来了 |
[18:37] | Good. How long is he here for? | 很好 他能待多久 |
[18:40] | – A while, I guess. – Okay, great. | -能待一阵吧 -好的 很好 |
[18:42] | It’s important you go to your meetings. | 你一定要去参加互助会 |
[18:44] | Stay on top of your sobriety. | 继续保持不沾酒 |
[18:48] | Take this. It’s for the steroids I prescribed you. | 拿着这个 用来注射给你开的类固醇 |
[18:52] | It’s one shot into the right thigh, once a week. | 每周一次 一针打在右腿大腿上 |
[18:55] | The nurse, she… | 护士… |
[18:56] | – She showed me how. – Okay. | -她教过我了 -好 |
[19:18] | You do this? | 你做的吗 |
[19:21] | No, it wasn’t me. | 不 不是我 |
[19:31] | 我们找人打扫了 觉得该让你回到整洁的家中 冰箱里有足够吃的 弗兰克和克莱尔 | |
[19:51] | I talked to my boss. | 我跟我上司谈过了 |
[19:53] | I can stick around for another couple of weeks | 你过渡期间 我可以 |
[19:56] | while you transition back. | 再留两周 |
[19:57] | You should get back to your family. | 你该回你家人那里 |
[19:58] | Nah… Sarah’s fine with it. | 没事 萨拉不介意 |
[20:01] | The kids are, too. | 孩子们也是 |
[20:02] | Gary, we’ve hardly spoken in ten years. | 加里 我们都十年没怎么通话了 |
[20:05] | You’ve already gone above and beyond. | 你已经做了很多了 |
[20:08] | All right. You want me to go? | 好吧 你要我走吗 |
[20:12] | I’m fine. | 我没事了 |
[20:14] | Thanks for everything. | 多谢你做的一切 |
[20:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:18] | I mean, I’m just a phone call and a plane ticket away. | 有事打给我 我立刻坐飞机过来 |
[20:28] | Safe travels. | 一路顺风 |
[20:33] | Take care. | 保重 |
[20:40] | Hey, Gary, I… | 加里 |
[20:44] | Send me some pictures of the kids. | 给我寄点孩子的照片来 |
[20:49] | Yeah, I will. | 嗯 好 |
[21:03] | But one of the things I admire about you | 我欣赏你的一点 |
[21:05] | is that in Washington, DC, | 是在华盛顿特区 |
[21:06] | which is so gridlocked, you get things done. | 效率这么低的地方 你总能办成事 |
[21:09] | And I understand you’ve got, um, a new piece of legislation, | 据我所知 你有一项新的法案 |
[21:12] | a major new initiative you’re rolling out. What is it? | 你要推出一项重要的新法案 是什么 |
[21:14] | That is correct. | 没错 |
[21:15] | It’s a new jobs program that we’re calling America Works. | 是一项新就业计划 《美国就业法案》 |
[21:18] | So it’s a fantasy novel. | 那么是奇幻小说喽 |
[21:22] | This is a fundamentally different look | 这项法案从根本上 |
[21:24] | at how to solve the problem of unemployment. | 重新审视了解决就业问题之道 |
[21:26] | It has the size and the scope of the New Deal. | 它有罗斯福新政的规模和深度 |
[21:30] | So it’s a socialist redistribution of wealth | 那么说是社会主义的财富重新分配政策喽 |
[21:33] | wherein the baby boomers will latch onto the millennials like a lamprey | 让婴儿潮一带像七鳃鳗一样吸住千禧一代 |
[21:36] | and just keep sucking until they’re as dry as a crouton? | 一直到把他们吸干为止 |
[21:42] | This is about putting people to work | 这项法案旨在促进就业 |
[21:43] | and avoiding the entitlements entirely. | 完全避免福利政策 |
[21:46] | Well, I like the sound of that. | 这我喜欢 |
[21:47] | So what, we’re gonna privatize Social Security | 怎么 我们要让私营公司经营社保 |
[21:49] | and then raise revenue by hunting the elderly for sport? | 然后靠把老人赶尽杀绝提高税收吗 |
[21:54] | – Good plan. Use that. – No, as I said, | -好计划 就这么办 -不 我说了 |
[21:55] | this is a fundamentally different approach entirely. | 这是一种全新的方式 |
[21:58] | And you think that the Republicans | 你觉得国会的 |
[21:59] | in Congress will cooperate with you? | 共和党人会配合你吗 |
[22:01] | Oh, I think that it has been proved | 我想事实已经证明 |
[22:03] | that both parties want the same thing. | 两党的心愿是一致的 |
[22:05] | A new president in 2016? | 2016年换个总统吗 |
[22:09] | No. No, I think actually, I think unemployment, eradicating it, | 不 我认为 彻底根除失业 |
[22:12] | and I think a strong economy is something both parties want. | 和强盛的经济 是两党共同的愿望 |
[22:15] | Okay, speaking of everyone, | 好吧 说到大家的心愿 |
[22:17] | there’s a recent poll by Reuters. | 路透社最近做了一项民调 |
[22:18] | I wanna get this right. It says that eight out of ten Americans | 我要说对了 结果显示 十分之八的美国人 |
[22:21] | agree that you lack, quote, “Effectiveness and leadership.” | 都认为你 缺乏”效率和领导能力” |
[22:25] | Uh, look, I don’t let polls like that bother me. | 听我说 我不为这样的民调操心 |
[22:28] | I think that once the nation sees AmWorks in action, | 我觉得等国人看到《美就法》执行 |
[22:31] | they will change their attitudes. | 他们的态度就会转变 |
[22:33] | I’m sorry, “AmWorks?” | 什么 “《美就法》” |
[22:35] | I’m sorry– I didn’t realize it was called AmWorks. | 抱歉 我还不知道是叫这么个名字呢 |
[22:37] | Is that like Amway? Is it a pyramid scheme? | 听着像安利啊 是传销吗 |
[22:40] | Is that what you’re selling the American people? | 这就是你向美国人民兜售的吗 |
[22:41] | No, it’s actually just an abbreviation to make it easier to say. | 不 只是个缩略语 说起来方便 |
[22:44] | Well, if you make it small enough, | 如果缩得够小 |
[22:46] | uh, maybe it’ll be easier to swallow. | 或许咽回去就更轻松了 |
[22:52] | You know, even though you’re a Democrat, I respect you. | 要知道 虽然你是民主党人 我还是尊重你 |
[22:55] | But let’s just take a look at the facts here for a second. | 但我们先看看事实 |
[22:57] | You’ve been president for six months, | 你才做了六个月的总统 |
[23:00] | and again, I wanna get this right, | 我还是…要说对了 |
[23:02] | unemployment has gone up, | 失业率上涨了 |
[23:03] | our trade deficit with China has increased, | 我们与中国的贸易逆差也上涨了 |
[23:05] | the number of vetoes has skyrocketed. | 否决数也大幅激增 |
[23:07] | I’m not entirely sure that I’m confident | 我不太确信 |
[23:10] | that you’ll be able to eradicate unemployment the same way | 你能像根除你的支持率那样 |
[23:13] | you’ve been able to eradicate your approval polls. | 有效地根除失业 |
[23:16] | What, you know, what do you– | 要知道… |
[23:18] | How are you going to get it across to the American people? | 你打算怎样让美国人民信服啊 |
[23:36] | Doug? | 道格 |
[23:38] | Seth? | 赛斯 |
[23:39] | Yeah, it’s me. | 嗯 是我 |
[23:42] | Mrs. Underwood, she gave me this phone, but– | 安德伍德夫人 她给了我这部手机… |
[23:43] | I know. Is something wrong? | 我知道 有什么问题吗 |
[23:46] | No. I want to speak to the president. | 没有 我想找总统 |
[23:49] | Is it urgent? | 急事吗 |
[23:51] | I want to talk to him about the America Works program. | 我想跟他谈《美国就业法案》的事 |
[23:53] | So nothing urgent. | 那就不是急事喽 |
[23:55] | It’s not an emergency, no. | 对 不紧急 |
[23:56] | ‘Cause that’s what this phone is for. | 因为这电话是仅供紧急情况 |
[24:00] | Will you pass on my message? | 你能转达下我的请求吗 |
[25:28] | You’re late. | 你来迟了 |
[25:29] | I switched cabs three times. | 我换了三辆出租车 |
[25:32] | – Were you being followed? – Didn’t want to take chances. | -你被人跟踪了吗 -不想抱侥幸心理 |
[25:37] | You know why I asked you here. | 你知道我叫你来做什么 |
[25:39] | I don’t know where she is. | 我不知道她在哪 |
[25:40] | Then you need to find out. | 那你就给我找到 |
[25:41] | I ran her social, her name, | 我查了她的社保号 名字 |
[25:43] | police records, taxes, everything. | 警方记录 税务记录 都查了 |
[25:45] | She could be tossed in a ditch by a john for all I know. | 她说不定被哪个嫖客丢在阴沟里了 |
[25:47] | – You work at the FBI. – What do I get in return? | -你在联调局工作 -有我什么好处 |
[25:50] | My protection, like you asked. | 我的保护 如你所说 |
[25:52] | I thought you had something to offer. Something real. | 我以为你真有什么 货真价实的东西 |
[25:55] | Like money? | 钱吗 |
[25:56] | Like getting me out of the Bureau. | 比如帮我脱离联调局 |
[25:57] | You make that happen, maybe I can help you. | 你实现这一点 我或许能帮你 |
[26:00] | That was a condition, for your charges being dropped. | 说好的条件是撤销对你的指控 |
[26:06] | See, you don’t still know people. | 瞧 你现在没人脉了 |
[26:10] | I shouldn’t have even come here. | 我就不该来 |
[26:11] | I am your only safety net. | 我是你唯一的安全保障 |
[26:13] | You think I would have turned over all the AT&T records | 你以为我会交出那些美国电话电报公司的记录 |
[26:15] | without leaving a backup with somebody? | 而不给谁留个备份吗 |
[26:17] | I’m not gonna blow my get-out-of-jail card on a wild goose chase. | 我不会为了无用功报销我的免牢金牌 |
[26:23] | Does anyone suspect anything? | 有人起疑吗 |
[26:25] | At the Bureau? | 联调局那边 |
[26:28] | Nobody has a clue about her. | 没人知道她 |
[26:31] | If that gives you any peace of mind. | 如果能让你安心的话 |
[26:51] | Doug? | 道格 |
[26:52] | Tell him it’s urgent. | 告诉他是急事 |
[26:54] | We’re aiming for sometime in May. | 我们希望能安排在五月 |
[26:56] | As soon as we agree on a date with the Russian delegation, | 我们一跟俄国代表团敲定日期 |
[26:58] | you will be the first to know. Uh, Greg. | 就马上告诉你 格雷格 |
[27:01] | The Summit with Petrov here in Washington, | 与佩特罗夫在华盛顿的峰会 |
[27:03] | what’ll be the focus of the talks? | 会谈重点将是什么 |
[27:05] | A bilateral approach to the Middle East. | 对中东采取的双边政策 |
[27:07] | As you know, the Palestinians have refused to negotiate | 你也知道 以色列军队不撤离约旦河谷 |
[27:10] | until Israeli troops leave the Jordan Valley. | 巴勒斯坦就拒绝谈判 |
[27:12] | We hope to address this with President Petrov | 我们希望与佩特罗夫总统商议此事 |
[27:14] | so that we can move on to a whole host of other issues. | 也好继续谈很多其他问题 |
[27:17] | Sara. | 萨拉 |
[27:18] | So this bilateral approach doesn’t include Israel and Palestine. | 那么这项政策的商议不包含以色列和巴勒斯坦 |
[27:21] | The State Department is briefing all interested parties. | 国务院在向所有相关方做简报 |
[27:23] | The summit’s really just a first step. Ayla. | 峰会只是第一步 艾拉 |
[27:25] | I’d like to change course to the America Works program. | 我想就《美国就业法案》提问 |
[27:28] | Please. | 请问 |
[27:29] | I’ve spoken to a number of the president’s policy advisors, | 我采访了多位总统政策顾问 |
[27:31] | who say there’s been a lot of disagreement on the economic team | 他们说经济团队在这项就业计划 |
[27:33] | as to exactly what form this jobs package should take. | 该采取何种形式方面有很多分歧 |
[27:37] | – Which advisors? – Nice try. | -哪些顾问 -想得美 |
[27:39] | To be clear, this is far more than just a jobs package. | 我要说明 这并不仅仅是一项就业计划 |
[27:43] | It is a comprehensive plan, | 是一项全面的计划 |
[27:44] | which aims at full employment within two years. | 其目的是两年内实现全面就业 |
[27:48] | So as such, there are a lot of details to be worked out. | 就此而言 还有很多细节问题有待解决 |
[27:50] | So your sources are inaccurate. | 所以你的消息来源不准确 |
[27:52] | It’s not so much a disagreement | 并非是什么分歧 |
[27:54] | as it is debating the finer points of the plan. Jess. | 而是就计划细节进行辩论 杰西 |
[27:57] | Just to follow up. What are some of the finer points? | 我想再追问一句 都有些什么细节问题 |
[28:00] | Or the broad strokes, even. | 甚至是计划大致是如何 |
[28:01] | No one from the White House has said anything. | 白宫没有任何人透露任何信息 |
[28:03] | When we have a plan to present, we will present it. | 等我们能拿出计划 我们就会拿出来 |
[28:06] | Jess? | 杰西 |
[28:07] | Is America Works a reaction | 《美国就业法案》是否是 |
[28:09] | to the president’s low approval ratings? | 针对总统低支持率的举措 |
[28:11] | An effort to offer some sign of progress ramping up to the elections? | 为给竞选造势 而向民众展现政绩 |
[28:14] | We’ve been working on this plan since day one. | 我们从第一天就开始准备这项法案了 |
[28:15] | It has nothing to do with the approval ratings. | 这与支持率毫无关系 |
[28:17] | But as for the election… uh, whose turn is it to ask today? | 但至于选举 今天该谁问了 |
[28:21] | – Mark? – Is the president running in 2016? | -马克 -总统会参加2016年竞选吗 |
[28:24] | Today, the priority is good government, but… | 今天 重点是好好执政 但是… |
[28:27] | Ask me again tomorrow. | 明天接着问吧 |
[28:30] | Thank you, everyone. | 谢谢大家 |
[28:33] | We’ve got a window at ten. | 10点钟有个空窗 |
[28:35] | I’ll call him now. | 我这就打给他 |
[28:40] | Please, sit down. | 请坐 |
[28:43] | John. Samantha. | 约翰 萨曼莎 |
[28:45] | You spoke to a journalist about disagreements in this room? | 你们跟记者说我们这屋里出现的分歧了吗 |
[28:47] | If that happens again, you’re off the team. | 再发生一次 你们就走人吧 |
[28:50] | And speaking of the disagreements in this room, | 说到这屋里出现的分歧 |
[28:52] | we now have an even bigger one, | 我们现在出现了更大的分歧 |
[28:53] | because Remy has shown me your work so far and… | 雷米给我看了你们目前的成果 |
[28:58] | it’s toothless. | 无力 |
[29:01] | I stood in this room three months ago | 我三个月前站在这间屋子里 |
[29:02] | and gave you all very clear direction. | 给你们下达了明确的指令 |
[29:04] | Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, | 社会保险 医疗保险 医疗补助 |
[29:07] | every entitlement program that is sucking us dry, | 所有这些在吸干国库的福利项目 |
[29:10] | I want it all on the table. | 全都放在桌上 |
[29:12] | And this doesn’t go nearly far enough. | 这还远远不够 |
[29:14] | So we obviously have to get back to some basics. | 所以我们显然是得回到一些基本问题上了 |
[29:16] | Remind ourselves of some of the facts that are before us– | 回顾一些摆在我们面前的事实 |
[29:19] | – Sir, if I may– – No, no, no, no. | -先生 我能… -不不不 |
[29:23] | I will speak first, and then you will speak, Paul. | 我先说 然后你再说 保罗 |
[29:30] | This is what the average senior citizen gets, | 这是国民一年平均从福利项目 |
[29:33] | one year from entitlements, | 得到的数额 |
[29:34] | whether they were a janitor or they ran a hedge fund. | 不管是清洁工 还是对冲基金经理 |
[29:37] | That– This money is a job | 这笔钱 就是一份 |
[29:41] | we could be giving to a single mother | 我们本可给一位单身母亲 |
[29:43] | or a student just out of school. | 或应届毕业生的工作 |
[29:44] | Now, at the moment, | 现在呢 |
[29:46] | 44 cents of every tax dollar goes to pay for these programs. | 每一元的税中有44美分流向了这些项目 |
[29:50] | By 2030, it’ll be over half, 62 cents. | 到2030年 就将超过一半 62美分 |
[29:53] | Entitlements are bankrupting us. | 福利项目在让国家破产 |
[29:56] | Now, I had Remy conduct a little poll. | 我让雷米进行了一项民调 |
[29:59] | Statement posed was: “Doing what’s best for my country | 提出陈述为 “做对国家有益的事 |
[30:01] | means doing some things that I don’t like.” | 等于做我不喜欢的事” |
[30:03] | Seventy-four percent agreed with this statement. | 74%的人认同这一陈述 |
[30:06] | Seventy-four percent. Now, what does that tell us? | 74% 这说明什么 |
[30:09] | We have to do the things that people won’t like. | 我们必须做人们不会喜欢的事 |
[30:13] | And even when we do, | 即便我们做了 |
[30:14] | three out of four of them will go along with us. | 也会有四分之三的人支持我们 |
[30:16] | And why? Because we’re promising jobs. | 为什么 因为我们能保证就业 |
[30:20] | And again, where are the three areas | 再说一遍 我们要在哪三个领域 |
[30:23] | that we’re gonna be creating these jobs from? | 创造就业呢 |
[30:26] | Infrastructure at the state and federal level. | 州和联邦基础建设项目 |
[30:29] | Increasing the size of the military, | 扩大军队 |
[30:31] | and working with our friends in the private sector to start– | 并与私营部门合作 |
[30:33] | I’m sorry, sir, but I have to interrupt. | 抱歉 先生 我必须打断 |
[30:37] | The programs that you want to scale back or dismantle | 你要削减或砍掉的项目 |
[30:39] | are the bedrock of the American dream. | 是美国梦的基石啊 |
[30:42] | You work hard, you pay your taxes– | 工作努力 交税 |
[30:44] | No, I’m sorry, they were the bedrock of the American dream. | 不 抱歉 那曾是美国梦的基石 |
[30:47] | But they’re not anymore. | 但现在不是了 |
[30:48] | Certainly not for the ten million people who are out of work. | 尤其是对那失业的一千万人来说 |
[30:51] | But practically speaking, a thousand special interests, | 但从实际角度出发 数千特殊利益群体 |
[30:55] | organized labor, opposition in both parties. | 工会 两党都有反对声音 |
[30:57] | Now, we can do a version of what you’re proposing– | 我们可以就你的提议折中一下… |
[31:00] | I don’t want a version. | 我不要折中 |
[31:03] | I want a vision. | 我要远大愿景 |
[31:06] | As head of this team, and I think I speak for everyone, | 作为团队领袖 我认为我可以代表所有人说 |
[31:11] | – we have done– – Speaking as the president, | -我们已经… -作为总统 |
[31:14] | who chose this team and for whom it works, | 我选择了这支团队 你们为我工作 |
[31:17] | I want five hundred billion dollars | 我要拿到五千亿美元 |
[31:19] | to put ten million people to work. | 给一千万民众工作 |
[31:21] | I don’t care how much it hurts. | 我不管这多让人肉疼 |
[31:23] | I don’t care how controversial it is. | 我不管这有多具争议性 |
[31:26] | Your job is to find a way. | 你们的职责 就是找出办法 |
[31:29] | It’s my job to convince Congress and the American people. | 说服国会和美国人民是我的工作 |
[31:33] | Your job is not to sell me on your version of my program. | 你们的工作不是向我推销你们的妥协方案 |
[31:39] | Now, are we all clear on what our jobs are? | 大家都清楚自己该做什么了吗 |
[31:42] | Good, because I want to present this proposal | 很好 因为我要在30天内 |
[31:43] | to leadership in 30 days. | 向领导层呈递这份提议 |
[31:46] | – Let’s make it happen. – Paul? | -我们实现这个目标吧 -保罗 |
[31:53] | – Your services are no longer needed. – Excuse me? | -我们不再需要你了 -什么 |
[31:56] | Let’s keep it quiet, let’s keep it cordial. | 别声张 保持和气 |
[31:58] | – Thanks for all your work. – I’ll get my things. | -多谢你的辛劳 -我去收拾东西 |
[32:01] | I’ll have them sent down to you in the lobby. | 我会叫人给你送到大厅的 |
[32:37] | Hello? | 喂 |
[32:40] | Yeah. I’m on my way. | 好的 马上就来 |
[33:19] | God! | 天啊 |
[34:18] | God! | 天啊 |
[34:26] | It’ll be a few minutes. Please, have a seat. | 请您稍等几分钟 请坐 |
[34:45] | – How long have you known? – Two months. | -你知道多久了 -两个月 |
[34:48] | It hasn’t impaired my judgment on the bench. | 我作为法官的能力尚未受到影响 |
[34:51] | And it’s early on. | 而且目前只是早期 |
[34:52] | We don’t expect any real symptoms for quite some time. | 还要一段时间才会有一些明显的症状 |
[34:56] | I won’t be wandering around the Supreme Court | 暂时我还不会穿着 |
[34:59] | in my boxer shorts anytime soon. | 短裤在最高法院乱晃 |
[35:02] | But I’d like to retire now, long before we get there. | 但是我想现在就趁早退休 别到那一步 |
[35:07] | Well, Justice, I want to thank you for having the courage | 大法官 我非常感谢你能有勇气来 |
[35:10] | to come and share this news with me. | 告知我这个消息 |
[35:12] | Are you sure the diagnosis is correct? | 你确定诊断无误吗 |
[35:14] | My doctor’s the same that treated the Vice President’s wife. | 我的医生就是给副总统夫人看病的那位 |
[35:17] | He’s the foremost Alzheimer’s specialist in America. | 他是美国最厉害的老年痴呆专家 |
[35:21] | Yes, I made Donald my vice president. | 是的 我任命唐纳德为副总统了 |
[35:23] | I’d rather him be a pain in my ass here than over in Congress. | 与其让他在国会惹事 不如放在身边 |
[35:26] | And even the Republicans | 而且就算是共和党员 |
[35:27] | couldn’t refuse a man who just buried his wife. | 也不能拒绝刚刚经历丧妻之痛的人 |
[35:29] | Terrible how quickly Marjory went. | 玛乔莉走得这么快真是可怕 |
[35:31] | I’m telling you this now | 我现在就告诉你 |
[35:32] | so you have time to think about candidates | 这样你就有时间考虑一下人选 |
[35:35] | before I announce my retirement. | 然后我再宣布退休 |
[35:38] | – How much time can you give me? – How much do you need? | -你能给我多长时间 -你需要多长时间 |
[35:41] | I’m about to introduce America Works to Congress. | 我正要向国会提出《美国就业法案》 |
[35:43] | It’s sure to be an uphill battle. | 肯定不会轻松 |
[35:45] | And I’d prefer not to add a Supreme Court nomination to the mix. | 还是不要再加个最高法院法官提名来添乱了 |
[35:49] | The Republicans will just use it as leverage. | 共和党肯定会拿这个当筹码 |
[35:51] | I’ve heard rumblings. Entitlements on the chopping block? | 我听到了一些风声 要拿福利开刀吗 |
[35:54] | All the more reason to keep you on the bench. | 所以更需要你继续坐镇 |
[35:56] | It’s sure to be challenged in the Judiciary. | 司法部肯定会提出异议 |
[36:00] | Mr. President, I want to spend as much time | 总统先生 我想和我妻子 |
[36:04] | with my wife as possible | 尽量多在一起 |
[36:07] | in the good years that I have left. | 趁着我这两年还清醒 |
[36:11] | When Marjory was ill, she wanted the same thing. | 玛乔莉确诊的时候 她也是这么想的 |
[36:14] | She left the Smithsonian, and you know what? | 她离开了史密森尼学会 但是你知道吗 |
[36:16] | She hated every second of being at home, of not being productive, | 她在家每一秒都很烦躁 因为不能做事了 |
[36:20] | of not doing what she loved. | 不能从事自己热爱的事业 |
[36:23] | It made her time with us much harder, and… | 她那段时间过得很艰难 |
[36:27] | it made her deeply unhappy. | 也非常不开心 |
[36:30] | Work is the best distraction. I wish she hadn’t retired. | 工作是最好的调剂 我真希望她当时没退休 |
[36:33] | And, uh… before she lost her lucid thought, | 而且 她头脑还清楚的时候 |
[36:37] | she said she regretted it, too. | 她说她也很后悔 |
[36:39] | Can you give me six months? A year at the most? That’s all. | 能不能再坚持六个月 最多一年 |
[36:43] | Just enough time to get this program up and running | 让我在应付最高法院的争斗之前 |
[36:45] | before I have to face a Supreme Court fight. | 能有时间让这个法案顺利开展 |
[36:51] | – I need to think it over. – Oh, of course. | -我得考虑考虑 -当然 |
[36:53] | – Speak to your wife. – I’ll walk you out. | -和你夫人商量一下 -我送你出去 |
[37:00] | – I better get that research center. – Yes, a deal is a deal. | -研究中心尽快给我落实 -说话算话 |
[37:03] | Now, good God, Donald, let’s get something done. | 上帝啊 唐纳德 咱们赶紧干活儿吧 |
[37:10] | Now you see why Donald said yes. | 现在你知道为什么唐纳德会同意了 |
[37:12] | He may hate my guts, | 他虽恨我入骨 |
[37:14] | but there’s nothing like a death in the family | 但是再没什么比家庭成员去世 |
[37:16] | to separate the wheat from the bullshit. | 更能让人识时务了 |
[37:19] | Send him in. | 让他进来吧 |
[37:19] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[37:22] | The president is ready to see you now. | 总统可以见你了 |
[37:44] | Doug. | 道格 |
[37:47] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[37:51] | The doctor told me your recovery is going very well. | 医生告诉我你恢复得很好 |
[37:54] | Yeah. Well, there’s this. | 是啊 就是要用这个 |
[37:56] | But everything else is as good as new. | 别的地方都恢复如初 |
[37:58] | It’s great to see you. | 见到你真是太好了 |
[38:00] | Claire and I have been worried sick about you. | 克莱尔和我担心得要死 |
[38:02] | Thank you for the gifts. | 谢谢你们的礼物 |
[38:03] | For looking out for me. | 也谢谢你们的照顾 |
[38:04] | I don’t have that many close friends. I count you among them. | 我没多少亲密的朋友 你是其中之一 |
[38:09] | I appreciate your saying that, sir. | 我很感激你这么说 先生 |
[38:10] | Oh, drop the “Sir.” We’re old pals. | 别叫我先生 我们是老朋友了 |
[38:13] | Well… | 嗯 |
[38:16] | I’m the one who should apologize. | 我才应该道歉 |
[38:18] | You gave me another chance. You trusted me. | 你又给了我个机会 你相信我 |
[38:23] | And what happened, I take responsibility for that. | 这一切我一人承担 |
[38:25] | No, for putting you in that position. | 让你陷入那种处境 |
[38:26] | Stop. It’s not necessary. | 别 没这必要 |
[38:28] | – I endangered you just as– – Yeah, but all I care about | -我让你身陷危机 -没错 但我只在乎 |
[38:30] | is that you are alive and getting better. | 你还活着 在逐渐恢复 |
[38:33] | Let the rest of it go. | 其它的都过去吧 |
[38:37] | – You know how devoted I am. – You don’t have to say it. | -你知道我多忠心 -这不用你说 |
[38:40] | You proved it time and time again. | 你一次又一次地证明了自己 |
[38:42] | Now, come on, come on, sit down. | 来 坐下 |
[38:46] | Right here. | 坐在这儿 |
[39:10] | I should’ve taken care of her when I had the chance. | 当初有机会时我就该解决了她 |
[39:15] | I haven’t found her yet. | 我还没找到她 |
[39:18] | But when I do, I’ll make sure that no one else does. | 等我找到她 一定确保别人再找不到 |
[39:21] | You can count on that, sir. | 我向你保证 先生 |
[39:25] | How is it, uh…? | 你打算怎么办… |
[39:27] | Probably better if we don’t talk about it. | 我不告诉你可能比较好 |
[39:29] | Right, of course. | 嗯 是啊 |
[39:34] | Well, they told me you needed to see me. | 他们说你要见我 |
[39:38] | Well, sir, I… I know that it’s a lot to ask, | 先生 我知道这要求很过分 |
[39:42] | and that I probably don’t deserve it, | 我给我们惹了这么大麻烦 |
[39:43] | considering the mess I put us in. | 我或许也不配 |
[39:45] | And I’m sure you have your doubts. | 你肯定也有顾虑 |
[39:48] | I realize it couldn’t be anything too visible, but… | 我知道我不能明目张胆 但… |
[39:51] | I’ve been following everything with America Works. | 我一直在跟进《美国就业法案》的报道 |
[39:53] | Well, that’s a ways off. | 这扯哪去了 |
[39:55] | But I was thinking that I could help. | 我觉得我能帮上忙 |
[39:57] | There should be a targeted plan for lobbying committee leadership. | 游说委员会领导层应该有明确目标 |
[40:00] | And I can work with the political team, | 我能配合政治团队 |
[40:02] | coordinate with House leg directors, chiefs of staff– | 协调国会立法主任和幕僚长 |
[40:05] | I was in Gaffney yesterday, visiting my father’s grave. | 我昨天去了加夫尼给我父亲扫墓 |
[40:09] | He never took care of himself. | 他从不好好照顾自己 |
[40:11] | He ignored his heart problems and… he paid the price. | 不顾自己心脏有病 最终付出代价 |
[40:18] | You have to respect your own mortality, Doug. | 你得尊重自己终有一死的命运 道格 |
[40:20] | I don’t want to be standing over your grave. | 我不想给你收尸 |
[40:23] | Now, look… | 告诉你… |
[40:25] | There is a place for you here, I promise. | 我保证你在这里会有一席之地 |
[40:29] | But we have to go about this slowly. | 但心急吃不了热豆腐 |
[40:32] | I’ll work from home. Only direct contact with you or Remy. | 我在家工作 只跟你和雷米直接接触 |
[40:34] | You know the way that you can help me the best | 要知道你帮我的最好办法 |
[40:36] | is to do exactly what you’re doing right now, | 就是好好恢复身体 |
[40:38] | focusing on your recovery. | 不要分心 |
[40:40] | I would never forgive myself | 如果我操之过急 |
[40:41] | if I put too much on your plate too soon. | 让你压力太大 我绝不会原谅自己 |
[40:48] | You’re right. | 没错 |
[40:51] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[41:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:01] | I’m sorry, I have to go. | 抱歉 我得走了 |
[41:03] | But look, I meant what I said. | 但我说的都是真心话 |
[41:06] | When you are truly ready. | 等你准备好了再说 |
[41:09] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[41:11] | Stay as long as you like. | 你想待多久待多久 |
[41:31] | Three hours ago, we pinpointed him here, | 三小时前 我们定位到 |
[41:34] | in the Shabwa region of Yemen. | 他在也门的夏卜瓦省 |
[41:36] | Cooperation? | 配合方面呢 |
[41:37] | I spoke to the foreign minister a few minutes ago. | 我几分钟前和外交部长谈过 |
[41:40] | – Civilians? – Two dozen, non-IDs. | -有多少平民 -二十几个 不明身份 |
[41:42] | That’s too many. | 太多了 |
[41:43] | Our concern is that he could be on the move at any moment. | 我们担心他可能随时离开 |
[41:46] | Sir, with Petrov coming to Washington– | 先生 鉴于佩特罗夫要来华盛顿… |
[41:48] | It’s taken us two years to track Abdullah down. | 我们花了两年才找到阿卜杜拉 |
[41:51] | We can’t ignore every opportunity between now and the summit. | 不能为了峰会就放弃一切机会 |
[41:55] | Do you have eyes on the village? | 你们看到村子情况了吗 |
[41:57] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[41:59] | He’s in this building here. | 他就在这栋房子里 |
[42:00] | Kill zone is anyone within 50 meters. | 50米内不留活口 |
[42:05] | If we take him out with no civilian casualties, | 如果没有平民伤亡就能除掉他 |
[42:07] | I’ll authorize the strike. | 我就同意这次袭击 |
[42:08] | Sir, if I may, I really think– | 先生 恕我冒昧 我真心认为 |
[42:10] | President Petrov is coming to Washington in less than two months. | 还有不到两个月佩特罗夫总统就将来访华盛顿 |
[42:13] | Our entire Middle East policy hinges on that meeting. | 我们整个中东政策都靠这次峰会 |
[42:17] | We don’t want to give the Muslim community any viable reasons | 如果可能 我们不想给穆斯林社会任何 |
[42:20] | to obstruct things if we can avoid it. | 阻挠进程的借口 |
[42:23] | So find a way to do this without killing civilians. | 想办法不杀死平民就除掉他 |
[42:25] | Thank you all very much. | 非常感谢各位 |
[42:27] | May I have a moment? It’s about Claire. | 能单独谈会儿吗 是克莱尔的事 |
[42:30] | If your husband nominates you, I can’t pull any punches. | 如果你丈夫提名你 我不会手下留情的 |
[42:34] | Lack of experience. Nepotism. | 没经验 任人唯亲 |
[42:37] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[42:38] | And you think I’m a dilettante. | 你觉得我太业余 |
[42:40] | No. But plenty of people will. | 不 但很多人会这么认为 |
[42:44] | I’ve been preparing since Francis took office. | 打从弗兰西斯一就职我就在准备了 |
[42:46] | What I lack in experience I’ll make up for in work ethic. | 经验的缺乏我会用职业道德补上 |
[42:50] | Why Ambassador to the UN? | 为什么要当联合国大使 |
[42:51] | You wield far more influence as the First Lady. | 你作为第一夫人有更大的影响力 |
[42:53] | That’s not the same as contributing in a concrete way. | 那和切实地去做贡献不一样 |
[42:57] | If we vote down your confirmation, | 如果我们投票否决了你 |
[42:59] | are you comfortable with that sort of public embarrassment? | 你能接受在公众面前丢面子吗 |
[43:04] | I know that’s a risk. | 我知道有这风险 |
[43:07] | – You’re running in 2016, right? – No comment. | -你2016年会竞选吧 -无可奉告 |
[43:11] | Francis and I are impressed | 弗兰西斯和我都惊讶于 |
[43:13] | by how the Republicans are consolidating around you. | 共和党人如此支持你 |
[43:17] | You’ll make a good candidate. | 你会是一个优秀的候选人 |
[43:18] | Not by linking arms with the president’s wife. | 但不能和总统夫人勾结 |
[43:20] | If I’m a disaster, it makes for a good campaign ad. | 如果我搞砸了 这会是有力的竞选广告 |
[43:25] | If I do a good job, nobody can fault you. | 如果我做得好 那你更是无可指摘 |
[43:28] | Either way, it doesn’t hurt your chances in 2016. | 无论如何这都不会影响你2016的竞选 |
[43:33] | Well, I appreciate you coming by before going public. | 我很感激你在公布消息前先来找我 |
[43:37] | It is classy, and thoughtful. | 很有风度也很周到 |
[43:41] | I won’t actively block you. | 我不会故意阻碍你的 |
[43:43] | The rest is on your shoulders. | 剩下就靠你自己努力了 |
[43:46] | Thank you, Senator. | 谢谢 参议员 |
[43:49] | Tell the president I’m doing this out of respect to you. | 告诉总统我这么做是出于对你的敬意 |
[43:53] | Frank’s still on my shit list till I beat him in the general. | 我在普选上打败弗兰克前 他都会在我黑名单上 |
[43:55] | I will. | 好的 |
[43:58] | Why didn’t you come right away? | 你怎么不立刻过来 |
[44:00] | I had a meeting I couldn’t miss. | 我有个会面不能错过 |
[44:02] | Fucking Washington. | 该死的华盛顿 |
[44:04] | – This is gonna hurt. – I know. | -会有些疼 -我知道 |
[44:11] | Here’s some Percocet. It’ll help with the pain. | 这是扑热息痛 能止痛 |
[44:15] | I’ll write you a 30-day prescription. | 我给你开个30天的处方 |
[44:16] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[44:18] | – I’m not supposed to– – What was that? | -我不能… -什么 |
[44:23] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[44:33] | All right. You’re good to go. | 好了 你可以走了 |
[45:16] | – How did it go with Mendoza? – Well, I think. | -和门多萨谈得如何 -我觉得还不错 |
[45:18] | He’ll support you? | 他会支持你吗 |
[45:20] | He won’t openly fight it. | 他不会公开反对 |
[45:22] | Well, that is a big step forward. | 那可以一大进步 |
[45:25] | – How did it go with Doug? – No real news. | -道格说了什么 -没什么新消息 |
[45:30] | Hey, are you in here again tonight? | 你今晚还要在这里睡吗 |
[45:32] | I’m still getting over this cold. I don’t want to get you sick. | 我感冒还没好 不想传染给你 |
[45:35] | Well, don’t stay up with all that too late. | 好吧 别做事做得太晚了 |
[45:37] | Francis? | 弗兰西斯 |
[45:39] | When do we announce the nomination? | 我们什么时候公布提名 |
[45:46] | Listen, I wasn’t gonna bring this up tonight, | 听着 我今晚本来不想谈这事 |
[45:48] | but you should know that there are some serious doubts | 可你得知道国务院那边 |
[45:51] | from people at the State Department. | 有很多疑虑 |
[45:53] | You mean Cathy. | 你是说凯茜 |
[45:55] | And some on her staff. | 还有她的一些手下 |
[45:59] | Like what? | 什么样的疑虑 |
[46:00] | Well, in over your head, wearing two hats, the obvious things. | 就是”能力不足””身兼两职”之类的 |
[46:04] | And are you saying this because you don’t want to move forward? | 你是不是不想这么做了才这么说 |
[46:07] | Not at all. I’m sharing with you so you fully understand | 当然不是 我告诉你 是希望你完全明白 |
[46:10] | what you’re getting into. | 你要面对的情况 |
[46:12] | And I do. | 我明白 |
[46:19] | Maybe we shouldn’t rush this. | 或许我们不该着急 |
[46:23] | – You’re having doubts now, too. – I didn’t say that. | -你现在也有疑虑了 -我可没这么说 |
[46:26] | Only you should put more thought into whether | 只是你该多考虑考虑这么做 |
[46:28] | this is the right move for you. That’s all. | 是否对你合适 就是这样 |
[46:33] | Good night, Francis. | 晚安 弗兰西斯 |
[46:36] | Feel better. | 早日康复 |
[47:49] | Francis. | 弗兰西斯 |
[47:52] | I want you to announce the nomination this week. | 我想你这周宣布提名的消息 |
[47:55] | I don’t want to wait. The timing will never be good. | 我不想等了 没有什么好时机 |
[47:58] | And I don’t want to waste time | 我明明能积攒实战经验 |
[47:59] | when I can be getting real experience under my belt. | 何必要浪费时间呢 |
[48:02] | So set a date, hold a press conference, and let’s do it. | 定个日子举办新闻发布会吧 |
[48:13] | Claire! | 克莱尔 |
[48:15] | I was not trying to suggest that you not be the ambassador | 我提到凯茜并不是说我认为 |
[48:19] | when I brought up Cathy. I was just– | 你不该当大使 我只是… |
[48:20] | We made a deal, | 我们早说好了 |
[48:22] | and now you’re trying to back away from it. | 现在你却要食言了 |
[48:24] | – That is not true. – Then you would’ve told Cathy | -不是这样的 -那你就会告诉凯茜 |
[48:26] | it’s happening to make her peace with that. | 事情就是这样 让她接受 |
[48:28] | – It’s not that simple. – Yes, it is. | -没那么简单 -就是那么简单 |
[48:31] | – You’re the president. – I can’t control Congress. | -你是总统 -我不能控制国会 |
[48:35] | I’m trying to get two major initiatives off the ground | 我想启动两项重要项目 |
[48:37] | and every move I make will have an effect. | 我的每一步行动都将产生影响 |
[48:40] | We agreed to this before we ever stepped foot in this house. | 我们早在走进白宫之前就已经说定了 |
[48:43] | – I know what we agreed to. – How am I supposed to run for office | -我知道我们说定了 -如果我没有 |
[48:46] | at some point if I don’t have a legitimate track record? | 令人信服的资历 日后我怎么竞选总统 |
[48:49] | We have to survive the next 18 months, | 我们必须撑过接下来这18个月 |
[48:52] | accomplish something, and then look ahead. | 取得点成绩 再说后面的事 |
[48:58] | Francis, let’s be realistic. | 弗兰西斯 我们还是现实一点 |
[49:01] | There’s no guarantee you’ll get elected. | 你能否当选总统完全是没准的事 |
[49:04] | I need to be prepared if you don’t. | 如果你落选 我得有所准备 |
[49:06] | You have that much faith in me, do you? | 你对我还真是有信心啊 |
[49:08] | More faith than you have in me, it seems. | 看来比你对我的信心要大 |
[49:10] | I believe in you more than anyone, Claire. | 我相信你胜过任何人 克莱尔 |
[49:12] | Then show it. Nominate me. | 那表现出来 提名我 |
[49:14] | I shouldn’t have to convince you. | 别让我再费口舌说服你 |
[49:15] | It’s not about convincing. | 不是说不说服的事 |
[49:17] | It’s about being honest about the political climate | 而是我们得看清当下的政治气候 |
[49:20] | – that we find ourselves– – I’m almost 50 years old. | -我们现在的处境 -我快要年过半百了 |
[49:23] | I’ve been in the passenger seat for decades. | 几十年来我一直当你的贤内助 |
[49:25] | It’s time for me to get behind the wheel. | 也该让我自主一回了 |
[49:27] | That needs to start now. Before the election. | 必须现在就开始着手 赶在大选之前 |
[49:31] | Because who knows what will happen? | 因为谁知道那时会发生什么 |
[49:33] | What if you lose? | 万一你输了呢 |
[49:37] | I will not be a placeholder president, Claire. | 我不会只当个填座总统的 克莱尔 |
[49:43] | I will win. And I will leave a legacy. | 我一定会赢 我会名垂青史 |
[49:48] | You mean we will. | 你是说我们会名垂青史 |
[49:50] | Excuse me, sir. | 打扰了 先生 |
[49:51] | The Secretary of Defense is on the line. He says it’s urgent. | 国防部长来电 他说有要事 |
[49:58] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[50:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[50:02] | I’m coming. | 我这就去 |
[50:04] | Not until I get there. | 等我到了再开始 |
[50:06] | – I’ll be right down. – Yes, sir. | -我马上下去 -好的 先生 |
[50:14] | Get dressed. I want you to see something. | 穿好衣服 我有东西要给你看 |
[51:13] | Come in. | 进来 |
[51:28] | – Here. – Thank you. | -给 -多谢 |
[51:32] | Okay, great. | 那好 |
[51:35] | Get undressed. | 去脱吧 |
[52:34] | How did this happen? | 这是怎么回事 |
[52:36] | Doesn’t matter. | 不重要 |
[52:49] | Let me help you. | 我来帮你 |
[53:01] | I’ll… I’ll do it. | 让我来 |
[53:18] | I’ll be gentle. | 我会小心的 |
[53:24] | Don’t be gentle. | 不用小心 |
[53:27] | Like that? | 像这样吗 |
[53:30] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[53:42] | – What the fuck? – It’s bourbon. | -搞什么鬼 -是波本 |
[53:44] | – I– – That’s all. It’s just bourbon. | -我 -只是波本而已 |
[53:47] | – Take it. – I really don’t want to. | -拿着 -我真不想 |
[53:50] | Nothing’s going through the skin. | 不是用来注射的 |
[53:52] | I just want you to squirt it… | 我只是想让你 |
[53:55] | into my mouth. | 把酒射进我嘴里 |
[53:58] | Okay? Please. | 好吗 拜托了 |
[54:12] | – Is that our target? – Yes, sir. | -那是目标吗 -是的 先生 |
[54:14] | Mr. President, this is a highly classified operation– | 总统先生 这次行动是高度机密 |
[54:17] | I’m clearing the First Lady for this operation. | 我授权第一夫人在场旁观行动 |
[54:19] | Yes, sir. Forgive me, sir. | 好的 请原谅 先生 |
[54:21] | We are armed and ready, sir. | 随时准备发射 先生 |
[54:23] | Abdullah is in one of those vehicles. | 阿卜杜拉就在那些车辆中 |
[54:25] | We can’t tell which one. | 具体哪一辆我们还不清楚 |
[54:27] | If they go in three different directions, | 如果他们兵分三路行动的话 |
[54:28] | we wouldn’t know where to strike, | 我们将不知道该摧毁哪一路 |
[54:30] | and if he makes it back to the mountains, | 如果让他逃回山中 |
[54:31] | we’ll lose our satellite track on him. | 我们的卫星就追踪不到他了 |
[54:35] | Are those children? | 那些是孩子吗 |
[54:36] | I can’t say definitely, sir, but they could be. | 我不能确定 先生 但有这个可能 |
[54:41] | Do we have authorization, sir? | 可以发动打击吗 先生 |
[54:46] | – Proceed. – Proceed with the launch. | -行动吧 -执行打击 |
[54:51] | And ten seconds. | 倒计时10秒 |
[54:54] | 5 4 3 And five, four, three… | |
[55:10] | Target is destroyed, sir. | 目标已摧毁 先生 |
[55:14] | Thank you, everyone. | 谢谢各位 |
[55:39] | I still want it. | 我还是要提名 |
[55:43] | All right. | 那好吧 |
[55:48] | All right. | 那好吧 |
[56:08] | 2011年夏天 美国总统奥巴马同国会就”债务上限”展开激烈争斗 在谈判中最终败给国会新当选的一批共和党保守派”茶党”的议员 共和党取得了谈判胜利 “债务上限”一役使奥巴马民望大跌 不仅反对派共和党对他不以为然 民主党内也有很多人认为他缺乏领导能力 为挽回民望和政治影响力 奥巴马于2011年9月8日在国会发表全国性讲话 郑重推出《美国工作法案》(American Jobs Act) 该法案拟在不增加预算赤字的情况下 通过不同渠道筹款四千四百七十亿美元 用于创造就业 | |
[56:33] | 然而该法案推出后 不仅遭到国会共和党的强烈反对 在民主党占多数的参议院也没得到足够的支持 由于无法在国会得到通过 白宫被迫将这个法案分拆成几个小法案 但是即使委曲求全 分拆后的法案也大都没通过 |