时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:54] | More water, ma’am? | 再来点水吗 夫人 |
[01:56] | Yes, please. | 好的 |
[01:59] | How much longer, Ben? | 还要多久能到 本 |
[02:00] | Estimated four hours and 16 minutes. | 预计还有4小时16分钟 |
[02:03] | Some breakfast, maybe? The usual? | 来点早餐吗 跟往常一样 |
[02:06] | That would be wonderful. Thank you. | 那太好了 谢谢你 |
[02:08] | Only about an hour until sunrise. | 还有一小时就日出了 |
[02:10] | Last chance for those Northern Lights. | 看北极光的最后机会了 |
[02:19] | I could tell you about | 我可以跟你讲 |
[02:20] | working at a movie theater, some paper route. | 在电影院工作 送报纸什么的 |
[02:22] | Riding my bicycle five miles | 蹬着自行车骑五里路 |
[02:25] | to deliver seven papers for ten dollars a month, but… | 为了一个月十美金 给七家送报纸 |
[02:28] | the truth is, I didn’t have a bicycle, | 但事实是 我没有自行车 |
[02:30] | and I spent more time sneaking into the movie theater | 比起检票我更多时间是花在 |
[02:33] | than tearing tickets. | 溜进放映厅看电影 |
[02:34] | So what was it, then? | 那究竟是什么 |
[02:36] | My first job? Oh, that can’t go in the book. | 我的第一份工作吗 那不能写进书里 |
[02:39] | Why not? | 为什么不行 |
[02:41] | I worked for a man who grew cannabis in the back woods. | 我给一个在林子里种印度大麻的人打工 |
[02:45] | A weed dealer? | 大麻贩子吗 |
[02:46] | No, a farmer. Uncle Henry. | 不是 种地的 亨利叔叔 |
[02:47] | He wasn’t my uncle, but that’s just what everybody called him. | 不是我亲叔叔 只是所有人都这么叫他 |
[02:50] | What did you do for Uncle Henry? | 那你替亨利叔叔做什么 |
[02:51] | I packaged the product. | 我装货 |
[02:53] | For some reason, he trusted me with the scales. | 不知怎么他信任我做称重 |
[02:55] | And did you… partake of the product? | 那你 有没有揩油 |
[02:58] | No. Good old Uncle Henry, | 没有 老好人亨利叔叔 |
[03:00] | he fertilized his crop from his own septic tank. | 他用自己的化粪池给作物施肥 |
[03:04] | But it was a good job, though. I saved up a lot of money. | 但工作不错 我攒了不少钱 |
[03:07] | It’s how I bought all my books | 我在桑蒂诺四年的书费 |
[03:08] | my entire four years at The Sentinel. | 就是这么攒下来的 |
[03:12] | Tell me about The Sentinel. | 跟我讲讲桑蒂诺 |
[03:17] | What was your first job? | 你的第一份工作是什么 |
[03:19] | No, no. Book’s not about me. | 别岔开话题 这书不是讲我的 |
[03:25] | The hustler in Scorpio. | 《天蝎》里的男妓 |
[03:29] | That was you, wasn’t it? | 那是你吧 |
[03:30] | What makes you think that? | 为什么这么觉得 |
[03:32] | Don’t writers write what they know? | 作家不是都写自己熟悉的事吗 |
[03:37] | The hustler’s based on a friend of mine. | 男妓的原型是我的一个朋友 |
[03:39] | I didn’t turn tricks. | 我不接客 |
[03:41] | I just… waited in the hotel lobbies | 只是在酒店大堂等着 |
[03:43] | in case he got into trouble. | 以防他惹上麻烦 |
[03:45] | Tough life for a teenager. | 挺艰苦的少年生活啊 |
[03:48] | Better than digging around in dumpsters. | 总比露宿街头好 |
[03:50] | What happened to him? Your friend? | 他后来怎么样了 你的朋友 |
[03:53] | He died. | 他死了 |
[03:54] | Was it AIDS, like in the book? | 跟书里一样死于艾滋吗 |
[03:58] | Suicide. | 自杀 |
[04:00] | Why didn’t you write it that way? | 书里怎么不这么写 |
[04:02] | Because it was fiction. | 因为那是小说 |
[04:04] | Because… suicide is too selfish. | 因为自杀太自私 |
[04:10] | Let’s talk later. | 稍后再聊 |
[04:12] | I have a few things I gotta run over with Claire. | 我有些事得跟克莱尔谈谈 |
[04:14] | Sure. | 好的 |
[04:16] | It’s a tight schedule, | 安排很紧 |
[04:17] | so we may not be able to speak until the flight back. | 可能在回程之前都说不上话了 |
[04:19] | No worries. First time in Moscow. | 没事 第一次去莫斯科 |
[04:22] | I’ve got a date with Gorky Park and Swan Lake. | 我还想去高尔基公园和天鹅湖呢 |
[04:29] | How’s it going? | 进展如何 |
[04:31] | Cathy emailed me the statement. | 凯茜把声明发邮件给我了 |
[04:34] | We got the Kremlin to tone down the language. | 我们让克林姆林宫缓和了措辞 |
[04:43] | Do you think Corrigan will say it? | 你觉得科里根会说吗 |
[04:46] | I’m sure he’ll hate every com.funword.word, but if it means coming home… | 他肯定会恨里面每一个字 但如果能回家 |
[04:48] | The only reason that Petrov is considering this is | 佩特罗夫肯考虑这事的唯一原因 |
[04:50] | because we have leverage in the UN. | 就是我们在联合国有筹码 |
[04:52] | You’re both confident that this is rock solid? | 你们都确定这事没问题吗 |
[04:56] | If Petrov doesn’t cooperate, the Secretary-General | 要是佩特罗夫不配合 等我们一到美国 |
[04:58] | will call an emergency session the moment we land in the States. | 联合国秘书长就会立即召开紧急会议 |
[05:01] | Let’s hope we don’t have to play that card. | 但愿不用走这条路 |
[05:05] | Just don’t give too much away. | 但不要让步太多 |
[05:06] | Oh, listen, he’s been marginalized in the Security Council, | 他这段时间在安理会受到排挤 |
[05:09] | he’s detaining an American citizen, | 他扣押了一名美国公民 |
[05:10] | he wants to wash his hands of. | 他也想洗白 |
[05:11] | I think we’ll find that we’re dealing with a much more reasonable man | 我相信我们这回能遇到一个比之前来访华盛顿 |
[05:14] | than the one that visited Washington. | 更通情达理的总统 |
[05:16] | We fly back with a peacekeeping deal and Corrigan. | 我们会带着维和协议和科里根一起回来 |
[05:19] | Lemons to lemonade. | 把困境变成美事 |
[05:22] | I think we should give Corrigan our suite on the way back, | 回程的时候把我们的套间给科里根住吧 |
[05:24] | give him some privacy from the press. | 别让媒体去打扰他 |
[05:26] | Yeah, that’s a good idea. | 可以 好主意 |
[05:28] | – Have you slept at all? – No. | -你有睡过吗 -没有 |
[05:30] | – Eaten anything? – Not yet. | -吃过了吗 -还没 |
[05:32] | Here. | 给 |
[05:37] | Come see this. | 看这个 |
[05:50] | Isn’t it the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? | 是不是这世上最摄人心魄的风景 |
[06:12] | Earth to Max. | 别发呆了 麦克斯 |
[06:15] | You seem distracted. | 你好像有点心不在焉 |
[06:17] | Yeah, maybe a little. | 是啊 可能有点 |
[06:19] | Is it Kara? | 是因为凯拉吗 |
[06:20] | Kara? What? | 凯拉 什么啊 |
[06:22] | You should ask her out. I know she’d say yes. | 你应该约她出去 她会答应的 |
[06:26] | It’d be good for you. Meet new people. | 这对你有好处 结识新的人 |
[06:29] | I can’t. I don’t trust myself yet. | 我不能 我还不信任自己 |
[06:32] | What do you mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[06:37] | Hey, Max. | 麦克斯 |
[06:39] | Tell me. | 说吧 |
[06:40] | You promise you won’t judge? | 你保证不会看扁我 |
[06:42] | I won’t, I promise. | 我不会的 我保证 |
[06:46] | Well, after she left, | 她离开我之后 |
[06:48] | there were a lot of nights of drugs and women. | 有很长一段时间我沉迷于毒品和性 |
[06:52] | And some of the women, I don’t even remember. | 有些女人我根本都不记得 |
[06:56] | And Kara’s a nice girl, so… | 而凯拉是个好女孩 所以 |
[06:58] | But you’re not that person anymore. | 但你已经洗心革面了 |
[06:59] | There were some dangerous situations. | 之前有几次挺危险的 |
[07:01] | It was all really fucked up | 情况很糟糕 |
[07:02] | and I wasn’t always safe. | 而且我没每次都采取保护措施 |
[07:03] | Well, have you gotten tested? | 你去检查过吗 |
[07:06] | No. | 没 |
[07:07] | Well, then you need to be tested. | 那你得去检查下 |
[07:08] | I know, but it scares the shit out of me. | 我知道 但我不敢去 |
[07:10] | Well, sure. Do you want me to go with you? | 是啊 你想让我陪你去吗 |
[07:12] | No, I don’t. | 不 不用 |
[07:13] | There’s a free clinic in Towson. | 陶森市有家免费诊所 |
[07:14] | Plenty of my friends go there. | 我好多朋友都去那儿看病 |
[07:15] | – You just walk in… – I get it! I get it. | -你就直接过去 -知道了 知道了 |
[07:19] | I could go with you tomorrow if you want me to. | 我明天可以陪你一起去 如果你想的话 |
[07:22] | I don’t need a mother. | 我不需要你教我怎么做 |
[07:23] | Hey, I’m not trying to mother you. | 我不是在对你说教 |
[07:24] | I just– I care about you and I want you to be safe. | 我只是 我关心你 希望你平安 |
[07:28] | Just– | 你就 |
[07:30] | Max. | 麦克斯 |
[07:32] | Max! | 麦克斯 |
[08:00] | Большое спасибо. | 非常感谢 |
[08:15] | Thank you for releasing Mr. Corrigan. | 谢谢你释放科里根先生 |
[08:16] | It means a great deal to us. | 这对我们意义重大 |
[08:18] | And I’m sure a great deal to his loved ones. | 对他的爱人肯定也意义重大 |
[08:21] | We all want the same things. This is just a first step. | 我们拥有相同的诉求 这只是个开始 |
[08:24] | Mr. Litsky, my Chief of Staff, will escort you to the facilities. | 我的幕僚长利特斯基先生会护送你去监狱 |
[08:29] | – Shall we? – Mr. President. | -请吧 -总统先生请 |
[08:31] | – Thank you. – After you. | -谢谢 -你先请 |
[08:48] | So… we start over. | 那我们重新开始 |
[08:51] | As though we meet for the first time. | 就好像这是我们第一次见面 |
[08:55] | Please. | 请坐 |
[09:06] | – Promise him a prison. – A prison? | -保证他会建一座监狱 -监狱 |
[09:08] | A brand new federal corrections facility. | 一座新的联邦监狱 |
[09:10] | Why would his constituents want convicts in their backyard? | 他的选民为什么会希望选区里住进罪犯 |
[09:13] | They don’t. | 他们不希望 |
[09:14] | They do want jobs in their backyard. | 但他们希望选区里有更多工作 |
[09:16] | He’s been trying to get federal funding for years. | 多年来他一直在争取联邦政府的拨款 |
[09:17] | Birch has fought him on it. | 博奇一直否决他的申请 |
[09:19] | Tell him you’ll get Birch to come around. | 告诉他你能让博奇回心转意 |
[09:21] | If that doesn’t work, | 如果这说服不了他 |
[09:22] | hint there might be a place for him as Transportation Secretary. | 暗示说有可能任命他为交通部长 |
[09:25] | He’s owned by the auto industry. | 他是汽车产业的代言人 |
[09:27] | His stance on carbon emissions is deplorable. | 他在二氧化碳排放问题上的立场简直气人 |
[09:30] | Then balance him out with whoever you have running the EPA. | 那就用环保署署长的人选来制衡他 |
[09:33] | I am not ready to make cabinet commitments this early on. | 现在就定下内阁人选我觉得为时过早 |
[09:35] | It’s not a commitment. You’re just open to considering him. | 这不是定下人选 你只是愿意考虑他 |
[09:38] | Doug? We should get started. | 道格 得开始了 |
[09:41] | Use the auto industry to your advantage. | 把汽车产业转化为你的优势 |
[09:43] | Whoever Winkowski supports, | 不论温考斯基支持谁 |
[09:45] | every superdelegate backed by Ford and Chrysler follows. | 福特和克莱斯勒的所有超级代表都会跟随他 |
[09:48] | And if that doesn’t work, | 如果这还没用 |
[09:49] | tell him you’re considering Dick Butler for Transportation. | 告诉他你交通部长的候选人里有迪克·巴特勒 |
[09:52] | He hates Butler. | 他讨厌巴特勒 |
[09:54] | I gotta go. Let me know what he says. | 我得挂了 告诉我他的答复 |
[09:57] | You’re here to work on your body, not work on your work. | 你来是为了锻炼身体 而不是工作 |
[10:00] | When the boss calls… | 上司打来的 |
[10:02] | Well, while you’re on my turf, I’m the boss. | 你现在由我负责 我说了算 |
[10:05] | Let’s get in there and lie down on the mat. | 快进去躺到垫子上 |
[10:07] | Yes, ma’am. | 是 女士 |
[10:32] | – Michael. – Mrs. Underwood. | -迈克尔 -安德伍德夫人 |
[10:34] | Claire. | 叫我克莱尔就好 |
[10:48] | You’ve been treated well? | 他们对你好吗 |
[10:50] | Very well, as you can see. | 很好 如您所见 |
[10:52] | Thank you, Mr. Litsky, | 谢谢 利特斯基先生 |
[10:53] | but I’d like to hear it from Mr. Corrigan. | 但我想听科里根先生自己说 |
[10:56] | Yes, they’ve treated me well. | 是的 他们对我很好 |
[10:59] | – You’ve seen a doctor? – I have. Yesterday. | -你看过医生吗 -昨天看过 |
[11:03] | – You look thin. – I’ve always been thin. | -你看起来很瘦 -我一直很瘦 |
[11:07] | The president asked me to see you in person | 总统让我亲自过来 |
[11:09] | to share the good news. | 告诉你这个好消息 |
[11:11] | The terms of your release have been finalized. | 你的释放条款已经敲定了 |
[11:13] | We’ll be bringing you home with us tomorrow. | 我们明天就带你回家 |
[11:18] | I thought you’d be pleased. | 我以为你会高兴 |
[11:19] | What are the terms? | 条款是什么 |
[11:22] | There will be a joint press conference. | 我们会举行联合新闻发布会 |
[11:24] | – With Petrov? – Yes, both presidents. | -跟佩特罗夫吗 -是的 两位总统一起 |
[11:29] | The agreement asks that you make a brief statement. | 协议要求你做一个简短声明 |
[11:35] | I’m sorry, um, the type is too small and I don’t have glasses. | 抱歉 字太小 我也没戴眼镜 |
[11:38] | – We offered glasses to Mr. Corrigan– – They did. | -我们为科里根先生提供了眼镜 -是的 |
[11:42] | Mine broke during the arrest. | 我的在被拘捕时弄坏了 |
[11:44] | The other inmates don’t get glasses. | 其他犯人没有眼镜 |
[11:46] | I didn’t want special treatment. | 我不想受特殊待遇 |
[11:48] | We provide glasses to anyone who needs them, Russian or American. | 我们为所有需要的人提供眼镜 不论国际 |
[11:51] | That is a lie. | 这是个谎言 |
[11:54] | I will read it. | 我读给你听 |
[11:56] | It says, “I, Michael Corrigan, | 上面写着 “我 迈克尔·科里根 |
[11:58] | apologize to the citizens of the Russian Federation | 就违反俄罗斯联邦法律 |
[12:01] | for breaking your laws. | 向俄国公民道歉 |
[12:03] | I regret my part in exposing minors | 我不该向未成年人 |
[12:05] | to nontraditional sexual attitudes. | 宣扬非传统性取向 |
[12:07] | I am grateful to President Petrov | 我很感谢佩特罗夫总统 |
[12:09] | for the clemency my release demonstrates, | 宽容地释放了我 |
[12:13] | and for allowing me to return to the United States.” | 并允许我回到美国” |
[12:17] | Who wrote it? | 谁写的 |
[12:18] | It’s the result of extended negotiations | 这是国务院 |
[12:20] | between representatives of the State Department | 与俄罗斯外交部之间 |
[12:22] | and the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. | 深入谈判后的结果 |
[12:25] | I’m sorry, I can’t say it. | 抱歉 我不能做这个声明 |
[12:28] | I know it’s far from ideal, Michael. | 我知道情况很不理想 迈克尔 |
[12:30] | There is no ideal. Other than repealing the law. | 除非废除法律 不然不可能理想 |
[12:38] | May we have a moment? | 能让我们单独待会儿吗 |
[12:41] | President Petrov asked me to remain with you. | 佩特罗夫总统让我陪着您 |
[12:44] | And I’m asking you to give us a moment. | 我请你让我们单独待一会儿 |
[12:54] | Mr. Litsky? I’m assuming this cell is bugged? | 利特斯基先生 这间牢房被监听了吧 |
[12:58] | I know nothing about the facilities. | 我对这里并不了解 |
[13:00] | – Where is it? – Mrs. Underwood. | -在哪里 -安德伍德夫人 |
[13:04] | If Mr. Corrigan and I are to speak privately, | 科里根先生和我要想真正地单独谈话 |
[13:08] | I would like to be assured that it is truly private. | 我需要保证对话的私密性 |
[13:10] | Show me where the bug is. | 告诉我监听设备在哪里 |
[13:15] | Подойти. | 进来 |
[13:19] | Госпожа Андервуд просила убрать микрофон. | 安德伍德夫人要求拆掉监听器 |
[13:23] | Прямо сейчас, если можно. | 如果可以的话 这就拆 |
[13:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:46] | They’re not going to repeal the law. | 他们不可能废除法律 |
[13:49] | The statement is a prerequisite for your release. | 你必须发表声明才能被释放 |
[13:51] | There are no negotiations here, Michael. | 没有商量的余地了 迈克尔 |
[13:54] | That part already happened. | 谈判已经结束了 |
[13:55] | What about the 27 others? | 其他27个人呢 |
[13:57] | They’re not American. | 他们不是美国人 |
[13:59] | Well, if they’re not gonna be released, neither should I. | 如果不释放他们 我也不该被释放 |
[14:01] | There’s nothing we can do for them. | 对于他们我们无能为力 |
[14:04] | You’re the First Lady, and the ambassador to the United Nations. | 你是第一夫人 还是美国驻联合国大使 |
[14:09] | And you’re telling me there’s nothing you can do? | 你却告诉我你无能为力 |
[14:11] | I refuse to believe that. | 我不相信 |
[14:12] | Michael, it was hard enough to negotiate just for your release. | 迈克尔 争取到你的释放就已经很艰难了 |
[14:15] | You’ll have to drag me out of here | 恐怕你得把我拖出去了 |
[14:17] | because I’m not giving that statement. | 因为我不会做那个声明 |
[14:18] | It’s just words. | 这只是几句话 |
[14:20] | Words you can disown the moment you’re back on US soil. | 等一回到美国本土 你就可以否认这些话 |
[14:24] | Petrov’s gay propaganda law? | 佩特罗夫的反同法 |
[14:26] | That’s just words, too. | 那也只是言语 |
[14:29] | So, command and control rotation. | 指挥与控制权的轮换 |
[14:32] | Semi-annually, after the first year. | 第一年之后每半年一次 |
[14:34] | We pushed for immediate rotation, | 我们希望能立即轮换 |
[14:36] | – but the Israelis have– – No, of course. | -可是以色列人… -当然 |
[14:38] | We need to earn their trust. | 我们需要赢得他们的信任 |
[14:39] | But we would never make any major decisions | 但是 做出任何重大决定之前 |
[14:42] | without consulting your generals first. | 我们都会先跟你的上将商量 |
[14:44] | As long as there is transparency and communication. | 只要能保证透明性 保持沟通就好 |
[14:47] | Well, that’s the key to this entire enterprise. | 这正是整个项目的关键 |
[14:50] | Then after the first year is fine and, uh… | 只要平安度过第一年 |
[14:53] | troop numbers look agreeable, | 驻军数量也合适 |
[14:56] | are you sure you can procure this many on your end? | 你能保证派来这个数目吗 |
[14:59] | Yes. I don’t need Congress for that. | 是的 我不需要通过国会 |
[15:01] | No, but the funding. | 的确 但资金怎么解决 |
[15:03] | It comes out of the DOD budget like any regular deployment. | 与其他派驻一样从国防预算里拨 |
[15:06] | Now, infrastructure and logistical supplies for your troops, | 至于你方军队的基础设施建设和后勤 |
[15:10] | well, we can add that expense as ancillary support. | 这份支出可以算作辅助设施 |
[15:14] | We can pitch in. | 我们能出点 |
[15:15] | Well, whatever you could spare would certainly be welcome. | 不管你们能拿出多少我们当然都欢迎 |
[15:18] | But… that brings us to the elephant in the room. | 不过还有一件我们都在考虑的事 |
[15:22] | Missile defense. | 导弹防御 |
[15:24] | Now, I can accept a partial scale-back in Poland. | 我能接受波兰那边的部分削减 |
[15:26] | And it doesn’t have to be… announced. | 这可以不公开 |
[15:29] | But we need to consider the Czech Republic. | 可我们得考虑捷克方面 |
[15:32] | Tell me your concerns. | 说说你的顾虑 |
[15:36] | Я просил нас не беспокоить. | 我说了不要打断我们 |
[16:00] | Your wife values privacy. | 你夫人很重视隐私啊 |
[16:03] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[16:05] | We were talking missile defense. | 我们正谈导弹防御呢 |
[16:08] | Why did you bring up Claire? | 怎么提起克莱尔了 |
[16:10] | She’s… talking privately to Corrigan. It’s no matter. | 她正与科里根密谈 没什么大不了的 |
[16:15] | Is there something wrong? | 出什么问题了吗 |
[16:17] | I hope not. | 希望没有 |
[16:20] | Now, missile defense. | 回到导弹防御上来吧 |
[16:23] | A statement for the Russian media. That’s all it is. | 就是一份说给俄国媒体听的声明而已 |
[16:26] | Let me ask you something. | 我问你 |
[16:29] | Would you read that statement if you were me? | 你要是我的话 会读这份声明吗 |
[16:32] | Yes, I would. | 是的 我会读的 |
[16:34] | You’d thank a man who says you’re dangerous to children? | 你会感谢一个说你对孩子有威胁的人 |
[16:38] | You don’t have to mean it. You just have to say it. | 不必出自真心 只需说出来 |
[16:48] | I went on a hunger strike for six days. | 我绝食抗议了六天 |
[16:53] | Then I stopped. | 然后我停了下来 |
[16:55] | Too hungry. I couldn’t go on. | 饥饿使我难以坚持 |
[16:59] | One of the others that, uh, I was arrested with, Sergei, | 跟我一起被捕的 有个叫塞尔盖的 |
[17:04] | hung in there for 28 days. | 他坚持了28天 |
[17:08] | They decided to force-feed him, | 他们决定强迫他进食 |
[17:10] | and they finally agreed to let his mother visit. | 并终于同意他母亲看望他 |
[17:13] | Turns out it was too late, on both counts. | 可这都太晚了 |
[17:17] | Lots of news stories about me. | 关于我的新闻铺天盖地 |
[17:19] | None about Sergei. | 却没有关于塞尔盖的 |
[17:22] | A man dies and it’s like nothing happened. | 一个人就这么悄无声息地死了 |
[17:26] | Because he’s Russian. | 就因为他是俄国人 |
[17:29] | I can’t abandon the others in here. | 我不能抛弃其他被捕的人 |
[17:33] | Or the millions of people out there | 还有外面成千上万 |
[17:36] | who are told the way they are born is wrong. | 被人说他们生来就有问题的人 |
[17:39] | But back home, you can share Sergei’s story. | 但回家后你可以讲出塞尔盖的故事 |
[17:42] | That doesn’t do anything for him or the others. | 这对他或其他人无济于事 |
[17:58] | We will drag you out if necessary. | 如果有必要 我们会把你拖出去 |
[18:00] | You don’t have any power over that. | 在这事上你无力反抗 |
[18:01] | But the one thing I do have power over | 但是 我可以自主的 |
[18:03] | is not making that statement. | 是不发表这份声明 |
[18:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:08] | What if I can get them to change the line | 那如果我让他们修改 |
[18:12] | about nontraditional sexual attitudes? | 关于非传统性取向这句呢 |
[18:14] | That’s what bothers you most, right? | 这才是最困扰你的部分 对吧 |
[18:15] | You can’t parse this. It’s all or nothing. | 这不是文字游戏 要么做到底 要么不做 |
[18:18] | That’s not how politics works. | 政治不是这么搞的 |
[18:20] | But it’s how revolution works! | 但革命都是这样的 |
[18:25] | How are things going? | 进展怎么样了 |
[18:29] | May I speak with you for a moment? | 我能跟你说句话吗 |
[18:35] | Что если не будет согласования. То и будет и пусть. Все. | 如果达不成一致 那就算了 就这样 |
[18:51] | – What are you up to? – What do you mean? | -你有什么目的 -你指什么 |
[18:54] | Corrigan. | 科里根 |
[18:57] | Tell me what’s wrong. | 告诉我发生什么了 |
[18:58] | You wanted him to refuse. To embarrass me. | 你就希望他拒绝 从而使我难堪 |
[19:00] | Your wife told him not to make the statement. | 你夫人叫他拒绝发表声明 |
[19:02] | That is ludicrous. | 简直荒唐 |
[19:03] | You came here with false intentions. | 你是带着虚情假意而来 |
[19:06] | No. Viktor, we knew that he might be stubborn. | 不 维克多 我们都料到他会很顽固 |
[19:08] | But this is a man with strong beliefs. | 但此人毕竟信念坚定 |
[19:17] | This statement is important to me. | 这份声明对我意义重大 |
[19:18] | Well, if anything, Claire is trying to convince him to make it. | 克莱尔肯定正努力说服他发表声明 |
[19:21] | Then why did she ask for the surveillance audio to be removed? | 那为什么她要求把监听设备拿走 |
[19:25] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:27] | Perhaps so he wouldn’t feel on the spot. | 或许是想让他放松 |
[19:29] | But, look, I wouldn’t worry about this just yet. | 但是 不用担心这些 |
[19:32] | Claire is very persuasive. | 克莱尔很有说服力 |
[19:33] | Let me be very clear. | 我把话说明白 |
[19:35] | If there is no statement, there is no deal on any front. | 他不发表声明 任何协议都免谈 |
[19:38] | Not between us. Not for him. | 我们的协议 关于他的协议都取消 |
[19:40] | He gets tried, convicted, sentenced. | 他会接受审判 被定罪 被判决 |
[19:45] | Now, I asked Mr. Litsky to inform them both. | 我已经让利特斯基先生通知他们了 |
[19:50] | I have complete confidence in my wife. | 我对我妻子信心十足 |
[19:52] | And Viktor, you must know, this isn’t part of any plan. | 维克多 你要清楚 这不是什么计划的一部分 |
[19:58] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[20:11] | There’s no flexibility with regard to the statement. | 这份声明没有讨价还价的余地 |
[20:14] | You don’t cooperate, you go to trial. | 你不配合就得接受审判 |
[20:17] | Good. They can’t keep me from speaking in court. | 正好 他们不能阻止我在法庭上发声 |
[20:21] | What about your husband? | 那你丈夫怎么办 |
[20:24] | You’ve spoken to John? | 你和约翰谈过了 |
[20:27] | I let him know we were hopeful. | 我跟他说我们抱很大希望 |
[20:31] | How is he? | 他怎么样了 |
[20:33] | He’s worried about you. | 他很担心你 |
[20:39] | He wanted to come with us, | 他本想跟我们一起来 |
[20:40] | but that wasn’t possible, for obvious reasons. | 但这明显不可能 |
[20:43] | I promised to call after I saw you. | 我保证见过你就给他打电话 |
[20:50] | I was thinking… you’d call instead. From Air Force One. | 我其实想让你在空军一号上亲自给他打电话 |
[20:55] | He’ll understand. | 他会明白的 |
[20:58] | He misses you, Michael. | 他很想你 迈克尔 |
[21:00] | I miss him. I miss a lot of things. | 我也想他 我想念很多东西 |
[21:04] | My parents. My friends. My dog. | 我的父母 我的朋友们 我的狗 |
[21:07] | More than two square feet of sunlight. | 牢房外的明媚阳光 |
[21:09] | But it’s the life we chose. | 但这就是我们选择的生活 |
[21:11] | It’s what our bond is built on. | 我们正是因此才走到一起的 |
[21:13] | John has been very vocal back home. | 约翰在国内媒体上非常活跃 |
[21:14] | All he talks about is your release. | 一直在呼吁释放你 |
[21:18] | You’re causing him pain. And you don’t have to. | 你在让他痛苦 而你没必要这样做 |
[21:22] | And he didn’t have to marry me. | 他当初也没必要与我结婚 |
[21:26] | – That’s selfish. – Maybe. | -这话太自私了 -或许吧 |
[21:29] | But so is contradicting everything I believe in | 但为了离开这间牢房就否认我信仰的一切 |
[21:31] | just to get out of this cell. | 也同样自私 |
[21:32] | I think what you’re doing is more selfish. | 我认为你现在这样做更加自私 |
[21:34] | It’s about ego. | 这是你的自尊心在作祟 |
[21:36] | Proving something to yourself. | 你想向自己证明一些事 |
[21:39] | And a man back home is hurting because of it. | 被你留在家里的那个男人却因此而痛苦 |
[21:42] | John is weak. He’d say the statement in a heartbeat | 约翰的意志很薄弱 换他在这里待几天 |
[21:45] | if he spent more than a few days in here, | 肯定会毫不犹豫地读那份声明 |
[21:47] | which is why I’m here and he’s not. | 这也正是我在这里而他不在的原因 |
[21:49] | If he thinks I’m being selfish, so what? | 如果他认为我这是自私 那又如何 |
[21:51] | Either he accepts it or he doesn’t. | 随便他能不能接受 |
[21:53] | Isn’t that what marriage is about? | 这不正是婚姻的意义吗 |
[21:54] | Accepting your partner’s selfishness? | 接受你配偶的自私 |
[21:56] | You of all people should understand. | 你最应该理解这一点吧 |
[21:58] | You know nothing about marriage. | 你根本不了解婚姻 |
[22:00] | You think it’s about… sacrifice? | 你认为婚姻的意义是…自我牺牲吗 |
[22:04] | I think it’s about respect. | 我认为婚姻的意义是彼此尊重 |
[22:07] | And you’re not respecting his pain. | 而你没有尊重他的痛苦 |
[22:09] | His pain doesn’t matter. | 他的痛苦无关紧要 |
[22:11] | How can you say that? | 你怎么能这么说 |
[22:13] | Because mine doesn’t either. | 因为我的痛苦也无关紧要 |
[22:15] | You know what I’ve been asking myself | 你知道自绝食抗议以来 |
[22:17] | ever since the hunger strike? | 我一直在问自己什么问题吗 |
[22:18] | Am I truly willing to die for this? | “我真的愿意为此去死吗” |
[22:22] | I don’t know the answer to that question. | 我不知道这个问题的答案 |
[22:25] | But at least I have something that I care enough about | 但至少有一件事能让我足够在乎 |
[22:27] | to even ask the question. | 以至于问得出这样的问题 |
[22:30] | Have you asked that of yourself? | 你这样问过你自己吗 |
[22:33] | What are you willing to die for? | 你愿意为何而死 |
[22:38] | Are you ready yet, Mrs. Underwood? | 您准备离开了吗 安德伍德夫人 |
[22:43] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[22:45] | How much longer, if I might? | 恕我问一下 还要多久 |
[22:48] | Please inform the President | 请通知总统先生 |
[22:49] | I won’t be leaving until Mr. Corrigan comes with me. | 科里根先生跟我走之前我是不会离开的 |
[22:53] | You can’t stay here, Mrs. Underwood– | 您不能留在这里 安德伍德夫人 |
[22:55] | Pass along the message, would you? | 请转达我的话 好吗 |
[22:57] | We can’t have the First Lady staying– | 我们不能让第一夫人留在… |
[22:58] | You’re not going to forcibly remove me. | 你不能强行让我离开 |
[23:01] | So, please, do as I ask. | 所以请照我说的去做 |
[23:08] | What are you doing? Viktor is beside himself. | 你在干什么 维克多都快气疯了 |
[23:11] | You need to convince him to let go of the statement. | 你得说服他放弃那份声明 |
[23:14] | Look, you have to assume we’re being overheard. | 你得考虑到可能有人在监听我们的谈话 |
[23:16] | This is not a secure line. | 这电话可不是保密线路 |
[23:17] | Anything I’m saying, I’d say to Petrov himself if he were here. | 我所说的话完全可以当着佩特罗夫的面说 |
[23:20] | I thought you were convincing Corrigan to make the statement. | 我以为你在劝说科里根做声明呢 |
[23:23] | Francis, I’m doing my best, | 弗兰西斯 我在尽一切努力 |
[23:25] | but we need to come at this from both sides. | 但我们必须两边一起努力 |
[23:27] | Well, he’s adamant. | 他很固执 |
[23:28] | He’s not gonna back down and I don’t blame him. | 他不会让步 而且我也不怪他 |
[23:30] | Corrigan’s adamant, too. | 科里根也很固执 |
[23:32] | The entire deal hinges on this. | 整个协议都取决于这件事 |
[23:34] | Now, Viktor made it very clear what his needs are, | 维克多把他的要求说得很明确 |
[23:36] | and we made promises before we– | 而且我们之前也保证过… |
[23:37] | I’m trying to salvage the situation. | 我正在努力挽回局面 |
[23:40] | There isn’t much time. | 没多少时间了 |
[23:41] | We’re scheduled to get back on the plane tomorrow | 我们定好了明天回到飞机上 |
[23:42] | and the press expects Michael to get on with us. | 媒体都等着迈克尔也上飞机 |
[23:44] | Viktor, if you’re listening to this, | 维克多 如果你正在听 |
[23:46] | please know I’m advocating on your behalf. | 请明白我一直在为你说话 |
[23:48] | But you might want to consider letting the statement go. | 但你或许应该考虑放弃这份声明 |
[23:51] | He’s not gonna do it, Claire. | 他不会那样做的 克莱尔 |
[23:53] | Just talk to him, Francis. | 好好和他谈谈 弗兰西斯 |
[23:54] | If he won’t let it go, | 如果他不愿放弃 |
[23:55] | see if he’ll tone it down some more. | 看能不能把语言再缓和一些 |
[23:57] | He doesn’t want all of this to fall apart either. | 他也不希望这一切功亏一篑 |
[23:59] | All right. I’ll see what I can do. | 好吧 我尽力试试 |
[24:02] | I’ll keep you posted. | 有消息我会通知你的 |
[24:08] | Oh, this is great. Thank you. | 这太好了 谢谢 |
[24:10] | If I could have a receipt… | 能给我一张收据吗 |
[24:16] | – Oh. Excuse me. Sorry. – I appreciate it. | -不好意思 -谢谢 |
[24:19] | Hey, Max. | 麦克斯 |
[24:20] | I’m here at the clinic. | 我在诊所 |
[24:22] | Are you okay? You sound– | 你没事吧 你听起来… |
[24:23] | I’m scared. They’re about to take the blood sample. | 我好害怕 他们马上要抽血了 |
[24:25] | Can you come? | 你能来吗 |
[24:26] | Please, I’m really scared, Lisa. | 求你了 我真的好害怕 丽萨 |
[24:28] | Yeah. Yeah, yeah. I’ll be there as soon as I can, okay? | 好的 好的 我尽快赶过去 好吗 |
[24:32] | Yeah. Just hold tight. | 嗯 等着我 |
[24:37] | Hey, um, I need to go. Do you mind taking care of all this? | 我得离开 你能照看一下这里吗 |
[24:40] | Okay, thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[24:44] | Good news, Mr. Orsay. You’re negative on all fronts. | 好消息 奥尔西先生 你所有检测均呈阴性 |
[24:46] | There are the results, for your records. | 这是检测结果 供您保留 |
[24:48] | I’ve got some literature if you like, on protection, | 这里还有一些小册子 关于保护措施 |
[24:51] | preventative strategies, how to avoid high-risk encounters. | 防护举措 如何避免高危接触 |
[24:55] | No, thank you, I’m… I’m good. | 谢谢 不用了 |
[25:02] | Yeah, actually, I will take those. | 那个 我还是拿着吧 |
[25:45] | I’m positive. | 是阳性 |
[25:56] | I just I can’t– I can’t be alone right now. | 我现在不想一个人待着 |
[26:01] | Come with me. Come with me. Okay? | 跟我来 跟我来吧 |
[26:14] | – Stamper. – You’re good. | -斯坦普 -你真厉害 |
[26:16] | He said yes? | 他答应了 |
[26:17] | Took a couple of hours, but he’s on board. | 耗了几小时 但他加入了 |
[26:20] | Did you have to bring up Butler? | 你提到巴特勒了吗 |
[26:22] | – The prison was enough. – Great. | -监狱就够了 -太好了 |
[26:24] | Who’s your next target? | 接下来你要谁 |
[26:26] | Willis Morrison, Twelfth District. | 威利斯·莫里森 12区 |
[26:28] | Ohio. I have his file at home. | 俄亥俄 他的资料在我家 |
[26:30] | I’ll call you in an hour. | 我一小时后打给你 |
[26:33] | Surprise, surprise. You’re on the phone again. | 稀罕啊 你又在打电话 |
[26:35] | I’m on my time now, not yours. | 这是我自由时间 不归你管了 |
[26:38] | You outta here? | 你要走吗 |
[26:40] | Yeah, you were my last appointment. | 嗯 你是我最后一个预约 |
[26:42] | Did that work today help? | 今天的复健有什么用吗 |
[26:44] | It did. I feel great. | 嗯 我感觉很棒 |
[26:46] | Well, you’re making great progress. | 你的进步很大 |
[26:48] | And when you’re fully recovered, you know, | 等你完全恢复了 |
[26:49] | we’ll have that cell phone surgically removed from your ear. | 我们会做手术把粘在你耳朵上的手机切除掉 |
[26:53] | See you later. | 回见了 |
[27:02] | But isn’t it even more powerful coming from me? | 但我来说不是更有力吗 |
[27:06] | It would ring hollow. The words must come from him. | 会很空洞 那些话必须他说 |
[27:09] | But no one will believe he means them, anyway. | 反正也没人会相信他是真心 |
[27:11] | Whether he means them doesn’t matter. | 他是否真心无所谓 |
[27:12] | The fact that he says them shows respect for our laws. | 但如果他说了 就表明他尊重我们的法律 |
[27:15] | I wish he’d make the damn statement too, | 我也希望他能发表声明 |
[27:18] | and maybe he will. But if he doesn’t, | 他或许会的 但如果他不肯 |
[27:20] | you’re willing to let all the work | 你就愿让我们今天 |
[27:22] | we’ve accomplished today go down the drain | 达成的一切协议都付诸东流吗 |
[27:24] | because of one loud-mouth protester | 就因为一个大嘴巴抗议者 |
[27:26] | over a law you can’t possibly believe in? | 和一项你肯定也并不认同的法律吗 |
[27:30] | No, you’re right. I don’t believe in it. | 你说得对 我是不认同 |
[27:32] | Two of my cabinet ministers are gay. | 我两个内阁成员还是同性恋呢 |
[27:35] | My ex-wife’s nephew is gay, | 我前妻的侄子也是 |
[27:37] | the one who is basically like a son to me. | 那孩子我视如己出 |
[27:40] | Personally, I don’t care. | 我个人根本不在乎 |
[27:41] | So if you don’t care, | 既然你不在乎 |
[27:42] | let’s haul him out and put him on the plane. | 就让我们带他离开监狱 上飞机吧 |
[27:45] | Look, I don’t want our deal to fall apart any more than you do. | 听我说 我也不希望我们的协议泡汤 |
[27:50] | Your wife was right on the phone. | 你妻子在电话上说得对 |
[27:52] | But there is more than just our deal for me to consider. | 但我要考虑的不仅是我们的协议 |
[27:57] | I need to show strength. | 我得显示出力量 |
[27:59] | No one’s going to see this as a weakness. | 不会有人将此视为软弱 |
[28:00] | On the contrary, you’ll be applauded for letting him go. | 恰恰相反 你放他走只会受到赞誉 |
[28:04] | By who? Hm? The West? | 谁的赞誉 西方吗 |
[28:06] | You don’t understand Russia, Mr. President. | 你根本不了解俄罗斯 总统先生 |
[28:09] | If people don’t like the job you’re doing, | 如果大家不喜欢你的工作表现 |
[28:12] | they vote you out of office. | 他们就会把你赶下台 |
[28:14] | If they don’t like the job I’m doing, they topple statues. | 如果他们不喜欢我的工作表现 他们会推翻塑像 |
[28:16] | Blood is spilled. Chaos takes over. | 流血争斗 天下大乱 |
[28:19] | Is the gay propaganda law barbaric? Yes. | 反同法是不是很无理 是的 |
[28:22] | Of course it is. | 当然了 |
[28:24] | But religion, tradition, | 但宗教 传统 |
[28:27] | for most of my people, it’s in their bones. | 对大部分国民 那深入骨髓 |
[28:30] | This law was passed for them. | 这项法律 是为他们而出台 |
[28:34] | I have to represent my people the same way you do. | 我得像你那样 代表人民的意愿 |
[28:38] | And if there is no cost to Corrigan’s actions, | 如果科里根不为自己的行为付出代价 |
[28:40] | many of my people will feel betrayed. | 很多人会感到遭背叛 |
[28:43] | There won’t be a revolution because you freed one man. | 不会因为你放了一个人 就引发革命 |
[28:49] | Revolution sneaks up on you, one small step at a time. | 革命是一点点 一步步兴起的 |
[28:54] | I don’t take chances, even with the smallest of steps. | 我不能冒险 即使是很微小的一步 |
[29:08] | No stone left unturned when the First Lady’s in town. | 第一夫人一到 全员出动啊 |
[29:14] | Can I ask you something? | 能问你个问题吗 |
[29:16] | If you pass the salt. | 能把盐递给我吗 |
[29:20] | How did Michael Corrigan become Michael Corrigan? | 你是如何变成今天这样的 |
[29:23] | – Gay? – An activist. | -同性恋吗 -活动家 |
[29:26] | I’m sure you got a briefing from the FBI. | 联调局一定给你介绍情况了吧 |
[29:28] | Yes, but I would like to hear it from you. | 是的 但我想听你说 |
[29:33] | A friend of mine, and this is in the early ’90s, | 早在90年代初期 我一个朋友 |
[29:36] | she invited me to go with her to a community organizing meeting. | 她请我去参加一个社区集会 |
[29:41] | I had nothing better to do, so I said okay. | 我闲来无事 就去了 |
[29:43] | We get there and there’s maybe 12 people in the room, tops. | 我们去了 屋里至多就12个人吧 |
[29:47] | It was pretty sad, actually. | 那场面真的很可怜 |
[29:48] | And the guy speaking is talking about garbage. | 而演讲人的讲话主题是垃圾 |
[29:53] | – Garbage? – Recycling. | -垃圾 -废物回收 |
[29:56] | And the guy is putting all 12 of us to sleep. | 这家伙让所有12人都昏昏欲睡 |
[29:59] | What he was saying made sense, but… zero charisma. | 他说的话确实有道理 但毫无号召力 |
[30:04] | It was worse: anti-charisma. | 甚至可以说是排斥力 |
[30:07] | But I noticed he had this habit of, uh… | 但我注意到他有一个习惯 |
[30:10] | tilting his head when he was making an important point. | 当他说到重点时会歪头 |
[30:13] | It was… it was so endearing. | 真的很惹人爱 |
[30:18] | It was like this. | 就像这样 |
[30:21] | Like… | 像这样 |
[30:23] | I couldn’t help it. I fell in love with him right then and there. | 我无法控制自己 当场就爱上了他 |
[30:25] | This was John? | 演讲人是约翰 |
[30:27] | A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. | 真是恍如隔世 |
[30:33] | Well, he’s pretty charismatic on TV. | 电视上的他挺有号召力的 |
[30:35] | He learned charisma. I learned how to think. | 他学会了如何号召别人 我学会了如何思考 |
[30:39] | We rubbed off on each other well. | 我们互相磨合得不错 |
[30:40] | I didn’t know you’d been together so long. | 我不知道你们在一起这么久了 |
[30:43] | Twenty-one years. | 21年 |
[30:44] | Only been married for five because, well, we couldn’t earlier. | 只结婚了五年 因为之前我们没法结 |
[30:49] | Francis and I just celebrated 28. | 弗兰西斯和我刚庆祝完28周年结婚纪念日 |
[30:52] | Over half your life. | 超过你半辈子了 |
[30:55] | That’s true. I haven’t even thought about that. | 没错 我还从未这么想过 |
[30:58] | You were young. | 你结婚时还很年轻 |
[31:01] | Twenty-two. | 22岁 |
[31:04] | You ever regret it? | 你后悔过吗 |
[31:06] | No. No. I love Francis. | 不 不后悔 我爱弗兰西斯 |
[31:10] | Now more than ever. | 如今更甚以往 |
[31:11] | I regret it. | 我后悔了 |
[31:14] | Committing to someone before I even knew who I was. | 在还未完全了解自己之前就与人定下终身 |
[31:17] | We didn’t take legal vows, | 我们并未进行合法宣誓 |
[31:18] | but we had our own version. | 但我们有自己的方式 |
[31:21] | – Stupid. – Why? | -真的很傻 -为什么 |
[31:24] | Because all I’ve ever done is hurt him. | 因为我给他的就只有伤害 |
[31:29] | Um, kept him in my shadow, cheated on him, you name it. | 让他待在我背后 劈腿 各种各样 |
[31:33] | Well, it’s the history that counts, | 两人相濡以沫的岁月最重要 |
[31:35] | not the other things, right? | 而非其他事情 对吧 |
[31:36] | That’s true. No substitute for history. | 没错 过去无可替代 |
[31:40] | But it’s unfair to him. | 但对他不公平 |
[31:45] | I don’t believe in fairness. | 我不相信公平 |
[31:47] | I don’t think you do either, even though you fight for it. | 我认为你也不相信 即便你在为之奋斗 |
[31:50] | And I don’t believe you love your husband more than ever. | 我不相信你对你丈夫的爱更甚以往 |
[31:53] | How could you possibly know? | 你怎么知道 |
[31:54] | Takes one to know one. | 将心比心 |
[31:59] | John and I haven’t slept with each other in almost two years. | 约翰和我已经两年没上过床了 |
[32:02] | We don’t even sleep in the same bedroom. | 我们甚至都分房睡了 |
[32:04] | We’ve talked about separating, but we never follow through. | 我们谈过分居的事 但终究没那么做 |
[32:08] | It seems wrong to fight this hard for marriage equality | 为了婚姻平等努力至今 我们自己却离婚了 |
[32:11] | and then get divorced. | 感觉不太好 |
[32:13] | Bad for business. | 于事业无益 |
[32:16] | Honestly, I don’t think it’s how humans are built. | 说实话 我认为这违背人性 |
[32:19] | To be with each other for 50 years. | 在一起五十年 白头偕老 |
[32:23] | You don’t have that option either, do you? | 你也没得选 对吧 |
[32:25] | How do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[32:26] | Well, if you wanted something else, | 如果你不想继续下去 |
[32:28] | that would be really bad for business. | 对你们的事业会是致命打击 |
[32:33] | You should eat. | 你得吃点东西 |
[32:34] | Said the snake to Eve. | 蛇对夏娃也这么说 |
[32:36] | Eat your apple. The world won’t end. | 吃你的苹果吧 世界不会就此终结 |
[32:47] | You need to get on the phone and tell her to leave. | 你得给你夫人打电话让她离开 |
[32:49] | She wouldn’t listen to me even if I did. | 即便我打了她也不会听 |
[32:51] | She’s dead set on convincing this guy for your benefit. | 她现在一门心思要为你说服这家伙 |
[32:55] | I’ll have the guards escort her out if necessary. | 必要的话 我会让保安护送她出来 |
[32:58] | They will not lay a finger on my wife. | 他们休想动我夫人一根手指 |
[33:02] | You’d actually prefer that, wouldn’t you? | 你其实更希望如此吧 |
[33:05] | So you could tell the world | 这样你就能告诉全世界 |
[33:06] | we dragged the First Lady out by her hair. | 我们拉着第一夫人的头发 把她拽了出来 |
[33:09] | I’m finding it more and more difficult to tolerate your paranoia. | 我实在是越来越难以忍受你的多疑 |
[33:12] | I could say the same of your lies. | 我对你的谎言也一样 |
[33:14] | When I lie to you, you’ll never know it, | 我撒谎时 你绝不会发现 |
[33:17] | and it will be for a good reason. | 而且肯定是有个好理由 |
[33:19] | Corrigan doesn’t fall into that category. | 科里根可不算 |
[33:26] | I should never have invited you here. | 我就不该邀请你来访问 |
[33:29] | You and I can work together. This afternoon is proof. | 你我可以协作 今天下午就是证明 |
[33:33] | I would’ve been better off holding my ground. | 我就应该坚守我的立场 |
[33:35] | And forcing us to pass the resolution? | 然后逼我们通过决议案吗 |
[33:37] | The United Nations? They mean nothing to me. | 联合国 我才不把他们放在心上 |
[33:39] | If they meant nothing to you, you would have held your ground. | 如果真是这样 你就会坚守立场了 |
[33:42] | But you want to be respected abroad as much as you are at home. | 但你希望在国外和在国内一样受到尊敬 |
[33:46] | And I came here out of respect, Viktor. | 而我是怀着敬意而来 维克多 |
[33:50] | And I sympathize with the situation you’re in. | 我对你的处境感同身受 |
[33:52] | That we’re both in. | 我们都深陷其中 |
[33:54] | Let’s not let Michael Corrigan | 不要让迈克尔·科里根 |
[33:56] | dictate the course of nations. | 决定国际形势的走向 |
[34:03] | Can we at least discuss | 我们至少讨论下 |
[34:06] | what a statement from me might look like? | 如果由我发言应该怎么说 |
[34:12] | You look exhausted. | 你看上去精疲力竭 |
[34:15] | I didn’t sleep much on the plane, so… | 我在飞机上没怎么睡 |
[34:18] | You should go back. | 你回去吧 |
[34:20] | There’s no reason for you to be in here with me. | 你没必要跟我一起待在这里 |
[34:24] | I’m not leaving. | 我不会走的 |
[34:26] | You’re more stubborn than I am. | 你比我还固执呢 |
[34:28] | Why won’t you let me help you? | 你为什么不让我帮你呢 |
[34:31] | I’ve made my demands clear. | 我的要求很明确 |
[34:36] | Michael, let me tell you what’s going to happen | 迈克尔 我告诉你如果你不肯 |
[34:37] | if you refuse to make this statement. | 发表声明会发生什么吧 |
[34:40] | You’ll help no one. | 你谁都帮不了 |
[34:41] | In fact, life will get worse | 事实上 其他那些跟你 |
[34:43] | for the others you were arrested with. | 一起被捕的人会陷入更糟的境地 |
[34:45] | Petrov will feel embarrassed. He will arrest more people. | 佩特罗夫会感到丢脸 会逮捕更多人 |
[34:48] | He will pass worse laws. | 会通过更可怕的法律 |
[34:50] | He’s not going to let some American homosexual dictate his policy. | 他不会让一个美国的同性恋左右他的政策 |
[34:55] | This man is ruthless. | 此人十分无情 |
[34:57] | You think he’s gonna become reasonable suddenly | 你以为如果这事不成 |
[34:59] | when all of this falls apart? | 他就会突然讲理了吗 |
[35:01] | You’re being naive! | 你太天真了 |
[35:02] | And you’re letting other people suffer because of it. | 而且你还让别人为你的天真付出代价 |
[35:06] | Don’t undo what you’ve fought so hard for. | 别毁掉你一直以来的努力 |
[35:09] | You think you can shame me. But you can’t. | 你以为你能激我同意吗 你做不到 |
[35:12] | I’m giving you the truth. | 我是在告诉你实话 |
[35:14] | I don’t care how that makes you feel. | 我不管你对此有什么感受 |
[35:16] | But do yourself the favor of hearing what I said. | 但帮自己个忙 听进去我的话 |
[35:18] | – I heard you. – I hope so. | -我听到了 -希望如此 |
[35:21] | I can’t betray myself. What would I be then? | 我不能背叛自己 那我成什么了 |
[35:23] | You’d be a politician. And that’s what you are. | 政客 你本就是政客 |
[35:26] | Let the others do all the yelling and screaming. | 让其他人去吼叫呐喊吧 |
[35:28] | You want change? Then learn how to compromise. | 你想要改变 就得学会妥协 |
[35:30] | Be a fucking adult about this, Michael. | 成熟一点 迈克尔 |
[35:31] | I need to think. Okay? I need time. | 我得想想 好吗 我需要时间 |
[35:36] | The plane leaves tomorrow. | 飞机明天就起飞了 |
[35:38] | You should go back. I need time to think alone. | 你回去吧 我需要时间独自想想 |
[35:41] | – Clear my head. – I’m not leaving here without you. | -清空思绪 -你不走 我也不走 |
[35:44] | I need time! | 我需要时间 |
[35:47] | Just… lie down for a little bit. | 你躺一会儿吧 |
[35:50] | Just get some rest. | 休息一下 |
[35:53] | – I just can’t talk anymore. – Okay. | -我不想再跟你争了 -好吧 |
[35:56] | Okay, I will. | 我躺会儿 |
[35:59] | For a few minutes. | 就一会儿 |
[36:41] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[36:56] | There’s treatment now. | 这病现在可以治的 |
[36:59] | The thing that angers me the most | 最让我生气的 |
[37:00] | is that I let her do this to me. | 是我让她这么对我 |
[37:08] | Did you feel that way about your ex? | 你对你前任也是这个感觉吗 |
[37:10] | The pain that just consumes you? | 那痛苦能把你吞噬 |
[37:13] | For a while, yeah. | 有一阵吧 |
[37:15] | Still, on bad days. | 心情不好时还能感觉到 |
[37:25] | What was she like? | 她什么样 |
[37:28] | Sorry, you don’t have to… | 抱歉 你不非得… |
[37:30] | No, I don’t mind. | 没事 我不介意 |
[37:32] | She was… | 她… |
[37:37] | She’d had a tough life. | 她以前挺不容易 |
[37:39] | She had a lot of baggage. Which I did, too. | 有很多负担 我之前也是 |
[37:44] | We started out as friends and then we moved in together. | 我们起初只是朋友 后来搬到一起住 |
[37:49] | And then it just happened. | 然后就发生了 |
[37:51] | We fell in love. | 我们相爱了 |
[37:55] | And I don’t know, I guess… | 我说不清 |
[37:58] | I felt stronger with her. | 跟她在一起 我觉得自己更强大了 |
[38:01] | And I think she felt the same way. | 我觉得她也有这种感觉 |
[38:05] | And I guess maybe it was naive, | 或许是我天真 |
[38:07] | but I thought that together, we could let go of all that baggage. | 但我以为我们携手前进 可以放下那些过去 |
[38:12] | Then we’d just be us. | 就一起做我们自己 |
[38:17] | Well, why did she leave? | 那她为什么离开了 |
[38:21] | She said everything was happening too quickly. | 她说这一切太快了 |
[38:28] | Have you spoken to her… since? | 你之后再联络过她吗 |
[38:33] | Nope. She stopped coming to the fellowship. | 没有 她再也不去团契了 |
[38:37] | I stopped by her apartment once, | 我去过她公寓一次 |
[38:40] | her landlord said she was gone. | 房东说她走了 |
[38:43] | Just no idea where she is? | 你完全不知道她在哪吗 |
[38:51] | We used to lie in bed and fantasize about where we’d go | 我们以前会躺在床上 幻想如果有选择 |
[38:54] | if we could go anywhere. Paris, Australia, Timbuktu. | 我们会去哪 巴黎 澳大利亚 廷巴克图 |
[39:01] | That was Rachel, the far-off places. I didn’t need that. | 瑞秋就这样 渴望远走高飞 我并不需要 |
[39:11] | Where would you go? | 你想去哪 |
[39:17] | The Jimenez Trail. | 希门尼斯山路 |
[39:19] | Where is that? | 在哪啊 |
[39:21] | New Mexico. | 新墨西哥州 |
[39:23] | Cuts across the whole state. | 穿过整个州 |
[39:25] | It’s got hot springs and waterfalls. | 一路上有温泉 瀑布 |
[39:31] | We used to say we’d go there, hike it, | 我们以前曾说要去 徒步 |
[39:33] | find a good spot, build a cabin. | 找个好地方 建个小屋 |
[39:41] | I’m sorry, we shouldn’t be talking about me. | 抱歉 不该净说我的事 |
[39:45] | I asked. | 是我问的 |
[39:47] | That tea smells good. | 茶闻着挺香 |
[39:49] | I think I’ll have some, too. | 我也来杯好了 |
[40:19] | This looks good. | 可以 |
[40:20] | – You say every com.funword.word. – Of course. | -每字每句吗 -当然 |
[40:22] | And then you take him directly to the plane. | 然后直接带他上飞机 |
[40:24] | Viktor… thank you. | 维克多 谢谢你 |
[40:30] | But the Czech Republic, | 但是捷克共和国 |
[40:31] | I want all the missiles gone, not just a scale-back. | 所有导弹都要撤走 不光是部分撤离 |
[40:34] | You can keep something in Poland for show, but that’s it. | 波兰可以留点做个样子 但仅此而已 |
[40:37] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[40:39] | So, we have a deal? | 我们达成协议了吗 |
[40:41] | Including everything we discussed about the Jordan Valley. | 包括我们讨论过的所有关于约旦河谷的事项 |
[40:43] | Yes, of course. | 是的 当然 |
[40:45] | Then we have a deal. | 那我们达成协议了 |
[41:06] | Господи. | 天哪 |
[41:13] | Надо ее отсуда выводить. | 立刻把她带出去 |
[41:14] | Спусти его скромно. Пошли, пошли! | 快把他放下来 快 快 |
[41:21] | Come, Mrs. Underwood. | 走吧 安德伍德夫人 |
[41:26] | Please. You shouldn’t be here. | 走吧 您不该待在这儿 |
[41:35] | Mrs. Underwood. | 安德伍德夫人 |
[41:52] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[41:59] | Would you like to lie down for a bit? Change your clothes? | 你想先休息下吗 换身衣服 |
[42:02] | No, I can do that on the plane. | 不 我上飞机再换吧 |
[42:04] | Well, you go straight there. | 你直接去吧 |
[42:05] | We have the press conference to do. | 我们还有新闻发布会要开 |
[42:06] | I should be with you, Francis. | 我该跟你一起 弗兰西斯 |
[42:07] | We have that handled. | 我们能处理 |
[42:10] | I’d like to say something. A few warm words to his family. | 我想说点什么 抚慰他的家人 |
[42:15] | Yes. Yes, of course. | 好的 当然可以 |
[42:17] | I’ll echo your sympathy and then… | 我也会表示惋惜 然后 |
[42:21] | then say that I was planning on releasing him today. | 然后说我今天本打算释放他 |
[42:25] | I’ll thank you for your… your generosity. | 我会感谢你的…大度 |
[42:29] | How tragic this has been. | 整件事真是悲剧 |
[42:34] | And then a few words about the Jordan Valley, | 再提下约旦河谷 |
[42:36] | or if you’d prefer to announce our agreement. | 或者你想来宣布我们的协议吗 |
[42:38] | No, no, it’s fine if you do. | 不用 你说就行 |
[42:41] | Would you… mind if your people | 你介意让你手下 |
[42:44] | showed me a draft of your remarks? | 给我一份你声明的简稿吗 |
[42:46] | Yes, I’ll have them draft something right now. | 当然 我马上让他们开始起草 |
[42:48] | And yours, too, Mrs. Underwood? | 你呢 安德伍德夫人 |
[42:51] | Yes. It’s fine. Whatever you want. | 好的 听你的 |
[43:13] | Ladies and gentlemen… | 女士们先生们 |
[43:18] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[43:21] | Mrs. Underwood would like to start by saying a few words. | 安德伍德夫人想先简单说几句 |
[43:29] | As you all know, Michael Corrigan was found dead | 如你们所知 迈克尔·科里根今天早上 |
[43:32] | in his cell this morning. | 被发现死在自己的牢房里 |
[43:34] | He had hung himself. | 他上吊自杀了 |
[43:37] | Michael and I spoke briefly yesterday. | 迈克尔和我昨天简单谈了一下 |
[43:40] | He was being treated well and was grateful to President Petrov | 他一直得到善待 也很感激佩特罗夫总统 |
[43:44] | for granting his imminent release. | 即将批准释放他 |
[43:47] | We don’t know why… Michael chose to do what he did. | 我们不知道迈克尔自杀的原因 |
[43:53] | We all wanted nothing more than for Michael to come home today | 我们本都满心希望迈克尔今天能回家 |
[43:56] | and we offer our heartfelt condolences | 我们向他的家人和亲友 |
[43:58] | to his family and his loved ones. | 致以最衷心的哀悼 |
[44:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[44:03] | Thank you, Mrs. Underwood. | 谢谢你 安德伍德夫人 |
[44:17] | Mrs. Underwood? | 安德伍德夫人 |
[44:19] | I didn’t just speak to him yesterday, | 我不单是昨天跟他谈过话 |
[44:21] | I was there when it happened, asleep. | 事情发生时我也在场 睡着了 |
[44:24] | He hung himself with my scarf. | 他是用我的围巾上吊的 |
[44:27] | I do know why Michael decided to take his own life: | 我知道迈克尔为什么决定结束自己的生命 |
[44:32] | because he didn’t want to lie. | 因为他不想说谎 |
[44:34] | And I can’t dishonor him by telling a lie now. | 我现在不能再用谎言玷污他 |
[44:38] | Claire… | 克莱尔 |
[44:40] | I was trying to convince him to say that he broke the law, | 我本想劝说他 让他承认他违了法 |
[44:44] | to thank President Petrov. | 让他感谢佩特罗夫总统 |
[44:46] | But he refused, because he didn’t want to leave | 但他拒绝了 因为他拒绝离开那里 |
[44:49] | until the law was repealed. | 除非法律被废除 |
[44:51] | Until the Russians who were arrested for the same crime | 除非那些因同样罪名被捕的俄罗斯人 |
[44:53] | were also released. | 也得到释放 |
[44:55] | Michael was willing to die for what he believed in. | 迈克尔愿意为他的信念而死 |
[44:57] | – Thank you, Mrs. Underwood. – He was brave. | -谢谢 安德伍德夫人 -他很勇敢 |
[45:01] | – And his voice deserves to be heard. – That’s enough. | -他的声音理应被听到 -够了 |
[45:04] | If it weren’t for this unjust law, | 如果不是因为这不公的法律 |
[45:07] | and ignorance and intolerance of your government, | 还有你们政府的无知 狭隘 |
[45:10] | Michael would still be with us. | 迈克尔也不会离开我们 |
[45:13] | Shame on you, Mr. President. | 你真可耻 总统先生 |
[45:24] | My wife has been under a… | 我妻子过去这一天 |
[45:27] | great amount of stress these past 24 hours. | 一直压力很大 |
[45:30] | She’s clearly in shock. | 她显然还余惊未消 |
[45:33] | My apologies to President Petrov and to the Russian people. | 我向佩特罗夫总统和俄国人民道歉 |
[45:37] | If you’ll excuse me, I need to be with her now. | 恕我失陪 我得去陪我妻子 |
[46:27] | – Claire. – Don’t, Francis. | -克莱尔 -别 弗兰西斯 |
[46:41] | It’s imperative that I speak to him. | 我必须跟他说话 |
[46:43] | Well, keep trying, Cathy. | 继续打 凯茜 |
[46:45] | If Petrov won’t get on the phone with me, | 如果佩特罗夫不接我电话 |
[46:46] | then I’ll speak to Bugayev. | 那我就跟布加耶夫谈 |
[46:49] | Whoever will get on the phone with me, then. | 那就任何愿意跟我通话的人 |
[46:52] | All right. Thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[46:56] | Your coffee, sir. | 您的咖啡 先生 |
[47:01] | Thank you, Ben. | 谢谢 本 |
[47:19] | – Mr. President. – Later. | -总统先生 -待会儿的 |
[47:26] | I just got off the phone with Cathy. The deal’s off. | 我刚跟凯茜通完话 协议取消了 |
[47:28] | Everything we negotiated. | 我们谈好的一切都推翻了 |
[47:30] | We have to discuss the next move. | 我们得讨论下一步 |
[47:33] | I know what I did. It seemed impulsive, | 我知道我做了什么 看起来是很冲动 |
[47:35] | – but it wasn’t– – It happened. Let’s move on. | -但并不是… -事已至此 我们继续吧 |
[47:37] | If you have something you would like to say, Francis… | 如果你想说什么 弗兰西斯 |
[47:40] | I just want to minimize the damage. | 我只想尽量减少损害 |
[47:41] | If Petrov won’t come around, | 如果佩特罗夫不肯回头 |
[47:42] | we have to move forward with the resolution at the UN. | 我们就得推进联合国的决议案了 |
[47:45] | We’re prepared for that. | 我们已经准备好了 |
[47:46] | Good. Thank you. Try to get some sleep. | 很好 谢谢 尽量睡会儿吧 |
[48:01] | Shouldn’t you be in the back, with the press? | 你不是该在后面跟媒体在一起吗 |
[48:04] | – I’m not press. – You’re not staff either. | -我不是媒体 -你也不是工作人员 |
[48:08] | My apologies. | 抱歉 |
[48:11] | Mrs. Underwood? | 安德伍德夫人 |
[48:14] | You did the right thing. | 你做得对 |
[48:28] | I know you’re angry. | 我知道你很生气 |
[48:31] | You should be. | 你有权生气 |
[48:32] | But I had to do it. | 但我必须那么做 |
[48:36] | Is this some sort of apology, | 这算是道歉 |
[48:37] | or you need to get something off your chest? | 还是你想一吐为快 |
[48:39] | I want you to try and understand. | 我希望你能努力去理解 |
[48:41] | Understand? | 理解 |
[48:43] | – What you did was beyond– – I know. | -你所做的超出了… -我知道 |
[48:47] | You’re not only the First Lady, and an ambassador, | 你不只是第一夫人 大使 |
[48:50] | you’re also my wife. | 你也是我妻子 |
[48:52] | – In what order? – Oh, come on, Claire. | -什么顺序 -拜托 克莱尔 |
[48:55] | I said what I said for him. | 我所说的是为了他 |
[48:58] | Not for myself, not for us. | 不是为我自己 不是为我们 |
[49:01] | I felt we owed him more than a few false words. | 为了他 我们也不该做一份虚伪的声明 |
[49:04] | So you want me to forgive you? To say that it was okay? | 你是要我原谅你 告诉你没关系吗 |
[49:06] | – No. – Because I can’t do that. | -不 -因为我做不到 |
[49:07] | I’m not asking you to. | 我没这意思 |
[49:08] | Then why are we even discussing it?! | 那我们为什么还要讨论这个 |
[49:12] | Because I want you to know why. | 因为我想让你知道原因 |
[49:14] | I don’t care why. | 我不在乎原因 |
[49:16] | I don’t care what your reasons are. | 我不在乎你的原因是什么 |
[49:17] | There is no reason that can possibly convince me | 没有任何原因 |
[49:20] | that you should have sabotaged a peace plan we spent months on! | 让你有权毁掉我们耗费数月推行的和平计划 |
[49:24] | It was a political mistake. | 我犯了个政治错误 |
[49:26] | Yes, I admit that. But if I had said nothing, | 是的 我承认 但如果我什么都不说 |
[49:29] | his death would have meant nothing. | 他的死就毫无意义了 |
[49:30] | No. Not death. Don’t give him that. | 不 不是死 他那不叫死 |
[49:32] | – Suicide. – No. | -是自杀 -不 |
[49:34] | Something undeniable. I was not gonna try and deny it. | 无法否认的事情 我不会否认的 |
[49:37] | – I don’t even understand that. – If you’d give me a chance. | -我都不明白你什么意思 -如果你肯给我机会 |
[49:39] | I gave you a chance with the recess appointment, | 我已经给了你机会 休会任命 |
[49:41] | with the resolution, with handling Corrigan. | 决议案 还有跟科里根谈 |
[49:44] | He didn’t have a choice, Francis. We cornered him. | 他别无选择 弗兰西斯 我们把他逼入绝境了 |
[49:46] | – He did have a choice. – Not in his mind. | -他有选择 -在他看来没有 |
[49:49] | No one forced him to protest in Moscow. | 没人逼他在莫斯科抗议 |
[49:52] | And we sure as hell didn’t ask him | 我们也绝对没有让他 |
[49:54] | to tie your scarf around his neck! | 用你的围巾上吊自杀 |
[49:58] | If you had spoken to him… | 如果你跟他谈过 |
[50:02] | and heard what he had to say– | 听听他的话 |
[50:03] | Oh, what, I would have had some moral epiphany? | 怎么 我就会豁然开朗吗 |
[50:05] | – Yes, you would have. – I don’t think so. | -是的 你会的 -我不这么认为 |
[50:07] | Because I’m the President of the United States | 因为我是美国总统 |
[50:10] | and I can separate the big from the small. | 我能分清孰轻孰重 |
[50:14] | He wasn’t small. | 他并不轻 |
[50:15] | He was a coward and I’m glad he’s dead. | 他是个懦夫 我很高兴他死了 |
[50:17] | He had more courage than you’ll ever have. | 他比你勇敢得多 |
[50:25] | Do you really want to discuss courage, Claire? | 你真要讨论勇敢吗 克莱尔 |
[50:29] | Because anyone can commit suicide, | 因为任何人都可以自杀 |
[50:32] | or spout their mouth in front of a camera. | 或是在摄像机前口无遮拦 |
[50:36] | But you wanna know what takes real courage? | 但你知道什么才叫真正的勇敢吗 |
[50:39] | Keeping your mouth shut, no matter what you might be feeling. | 无论内心有何感受 都能管住嘴巴 |
[50:44] | Holding it all together when the stakes are this high. | 形势如此严峻 仍能不乱阵脚 |
[50:51] | We’re murderers, Francis. | 是我们杀了他 弗兰西斯 |
[50:56] | No, we’re not. We’re survivors. | 不 不是的 这叫适者生存 |
[51:00] | If we can’t show some respect for one brave man | 如果我们不能对这个勇敢的人表示敬意 |
[51:02] | and still accomplish what we set out to do, | 而继续完成我们原本的计划 |
[51:04] | then I’m disappointed in both of us. | 那我会对我们俩都很失望 |
[51:06] | I should’ve never made you ambassador. | 我就不该任命你做大使 |
[51:09] | I should’ve never made you president. | 我就不该让你当上总统 |
[51:18] | What are you looking at? | 看什么看 |
[51:21] | 今年二月 奥巴马的挚友 两次总统竞选团队的总军师 大卫·阿索罗 出版回忆录 披露奥巴马实际上一直都支持同性恋婚姻 但是在08年的时候因为顾及选票 而硬着头皮表示反对同性恋婚姻合法化 但是到了2012年大选前夕 奥巴马决定”立场出柜” 转变自己08年的态度 接受ABC电视台专访 公开支持同性婚姻合法化 在此之前 奥巴马通过同国会的谈判 废除了美国军中”不许出柜”的软性同性恋禁令 LGBT(同性 双性 变性)群体也是奥巴马两次总统选举中 最坚定的支持群体之一 有着基督教传统的美国社会 一度非常反对同性婚姻合法化 但近些年 主流民意已经发生很大变化 越来越多的人对同性恋权益表示支持 在奥巴马和最高法院的推动下 目前美国已有37个州承认同性婚姻合法 |