时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:42] | Do you renew your commitment | 你是否愿意再次确认 |
[01:43] | to this woman as your lawful wedded wife, | 与这名女子结为合法夫妇的承诺 |
[01:46] | to love her, honor her, comfort her, | 爱她 尊敬她 照顾她 |
[01:50] | keep her in sickness and in health, | 无论罹病或安康 |
[01:53] | forsaking all others, be true to her, | 心无二意 忠于她 |
[01:55] | as long as you both shall live? | 直到生命尽头 |
[01:59] | I do. | 我愿意 |
[02:01] | Do you renew your commitment to this man | 你是否愿意再次确认 |
[02:03] | as your lawful wedded husband, | 与这名男子结为合法夫妇的承诺 |
[02:05] | to love him, honor him, comfort him, | 爱他 尊敬他 照顾他 |
[02:09] | keep him in sickness and in health, | 无论罹病或安康 |
[02:11] | forsaking all others, be true to him, | 心无二意 忠于他 |
[02:14] | as long as you both shall live? | 直到生命尽头 |
[02:17] | I do. | 我愿意 |
[02:19] | May this renewed commitment deepen your love for each other | 愿这再次确认的承诺 能加深你们的爱情 |
[02:22] | and strengthen your eternal bond. | 让你们的婚姻更加坚固 直到永远 |
[02:45] | Francis? | 弗兰西斯 |
[02:49] | No photographs when they unload his body. | 把尸体抬下去时不要拍照 |
[02:51] | Will you promise me that? | 能答应我吗 |
[03:24] | A lot of people are calling you a hero. | 很多人说你是英雄呢 |
[03:28] | A lot of people aren’t. | 也有很多人不那么看 |
[03:54] | Francis, I will get this peacekeeping resolution | 弗兰西斯 我会让维和决议案 |
[03:56] | passed through the General Assembly. | 在联合国大会上通过的 |
[04:02] | I owe you that. | 这是我欠你的 |
[04:07] | So we have the photograph tomorrow for the presidential portrait. | 我们明天要为总统像拍照 |
[04:11] | It’s what they’re gonna base the painting on. | 他们要靠这个画像 |
[04:16] | I’ll be smiling. Will you? | 我要笑 你呢 |
[04:26] | What are they doing? | 他们干什么呢 |
[04:28] | Part of a… cultural exchange, sir, with Tibet. | 是文化交流 跟西藏 |
[04:31] | They’ll be here for a month. | 他们会待一个月 |
[04:33] | A month? | 一个月 |
[05:13] | Don’t worry, your handwriting’s atrocious. | 别担心 你的字是鬼画符 |
[05:15] | Couldn’t read a thing. | 什么都看不懂 |
[05:17] | – Tom. – I know. Kate Baldwin. | -汤姆 -我知道 凯特·鲍德温 |
[05:19] | I know. | 我知道 |
[05:21] | Gold stars for us. | 我们真不错 |
[05:22] | It only took two months | 两个月 |
[05:23] | riding on the same plane to introduce ourselves. | 同乘一架飞机 总算互相介绍了 |
[05:25] | Maybe I’m shy. | 或许我就是害羞呢 |
[05:27] | Oh, no, you’re not. You just don’t mingle with the peasants. | 才不是 你就是不屑于跟平头百姓打交道 |
[05:30] | If one of us is a peasant, I think it’s me. | 要说我们谁是平头百姓 那也是我 |
[05:44] | I’m sorry I can’t stay here in Gaffney with you. | 抱歉我不能留在加夫尼陪你 |
[05:48] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[05:49] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 我们明天见 |
[05:51] | Maybe tonight, if all goes well. | 或许今晚就能见 如果顺利 |
[05:54] | Feeling optimistic? | 觉得乐观吗 |
[05:57] | I made you a promise. | 我给了你一个承诺 |
[06:02] | Well, go on. You have a plane waiting. | 走吧 飞机等着你呢 |
[06:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:12] | Tom. | 汤姆 |
[06:32] | The Republicans are introducing a bill | 共和党要引入一份 |
[06:33] | that amends the Stafford Act. | 《斯塔福德法案》的修正案 |
[06:36] | They say that the siphoning of FEMA funds | 他们说用联邦应急管理署的资金 |
[06:37] | for America Works violates the appropriation. | 来资助《美国就业法案》有违拨款法规 |
[06:39] | So let them. | 让他们去吧 |
[06:41] | It’s got bipartisan support. | 两党都会支持 |
[06:42] | Dunbar’s going to publicly support the bill. | 邓巴会公开支持修正案 |
[06:44] | – What about Jackie? – She’s trying to stay out of it, | -杰姬呢 -她不想搅进去 |
[06:46] | but if it goes to a vote, she’s gotta go with the tide. | 但如果投票了 她只能随大流 |
[06:49] | We don’t want her poll numbers | 她的民调数字 |
[06:49] | to take a hit as she’s starting to gain on Dunbar. | 刚刚开始追上邓巴 不能这时受挫 |
[06:51] | If they pass the bill, I’ll veto it. | 如果他们通过修正案 我就否决 |
[06:53] | If they override, I’ll refuse to enforce. | 他们推翻 我就拒绝执行 |
[06:55] | By the time it gets to the Supreme Court, | 等闹到最高法院 |
[06:57] | we’ll have jobs to show, | 我们已经可以拿出就业成果了 |
[06:58] | they’ll have nothing but rhetoric. | 他们只能耍嘴皮子 |
[06:59] | This is a public relations battle, not a legal one. | 这是公关战 与法律无关 |
[07:01] | Statement? | 发声明吗 |
[07:02] | Just what I just said, less combative. | 就我说的 火药味儿轻点 |
[07:05] | So, how do we want to do this? | 我们怎么拍 |
[07:07] | I think the First Lady should sit. You behind her. | 我认为第一夫人应该坐着 您站在她身后 |
[07:11] | Does that work for you, Mrs. Underwood? | 这样可以吗 安德伍德夫人 |
[07:12] | Uh, yes, whatever works best. | 当然 效果好就行 |
[07:15] | Let me adjust the light for her, and then I’ll place you, sir. | 我先为夫人调灯光 然后给您找位置 先生 |
[07:18] | The African bloc just added | 非洲集团给 |
[07:20] | a provision to the peacekeeping resolution. | 维和决议案加了一项条款 |
[07:22] | What does it say? | 什么内容 |
[07:23] | Requires African command of the forces. | 要求非洲指挥维和军队 |
[07:26] | It’s a poison pill, Francis. | 这是故意坏事 弗兰西斯 |
[07:28] | There’s no way Israel or Palestine will get on board with that. | 以色列和巴勒斯坦都不可能同意 |
[07:31] | You think the Russians are behind it? | 你觉得是俄罗斯在指使吗 |
[07:33] | Probably. Cathy and I are investigating. | 可能吧 凯茜和我还在调查 |
[07:36] | All right, Mr. President. Just behind your wife, please. | 好了 总统先生 请站在您妻子身后 |
[07:46] | Do you prefer I not? | 不要我放吗 |
[07:47] | What? | 什么 |
[07:49] | Where you had your hand is perfect. | 您放手的位置很好 |
[07:52] | Great. All right. Here we go. | 很好 好了 拍了 |
[07:58] | A little more of a smile, please. | 请再笑一点 |
[08:05] | Come in. | 请进 |
[08:11] | Any luck today? | 今天有进展吗 |
[08:14] | Moryakov… says it wasn’t them. | 莫里科夫 说不是他们 |
[08:19] | Not that I trust him. | 我倒不怎么相信他 |
[08:22] | So now I just need to see if I can get Zimbabwe to talk. | 现在我只能设法让津巴布韦开口了 |
[08:29] | Today, when we took the photo… | 今天 我们拍照的时候 |
[08:35] | I touched your shoulder. | 我碰了你的肩 |
[08:37] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[08:40] | You flinched. | 你躲了一下 |
[08:43] | – What? – I felt it. | -什么 -我感觉到了 |
[08:46] | No, I didn’t. | 没有啊 |
[08:49] | It was like… | 就好像… |
[08:53] | you recoiled. | 你缩了一下 |
[08:57] | I think you’re reading too much into something | 我觉得你是想多了 |
[09:01] | that I don’t think actually happened. | 而且我觉得根本没这回事 |
[09:07] | All right. Forget I said anything. | 好吧 当我没说过 |
[09:12] | Wait. | 等等 |
[09:14] | I just… | 我就是… |
[09:18] | Never mind. I don’t know what I was gonna say. | 算了 我也不知道我是想说什么 |
[09:29] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[10:21] | House must’ve been somewhere out there. | 房子应该就在那边 |
[10:24] | Well, if you can call it a house. | 如果能算得上是房子 |
[10:25] | It was no bigger than that truck. | 不比那辆卡车大多少 |
[10:28] | Nothing left of the farm, which is for the best. | 农场完全拆了 这倒也好 |
[10:32] | Peaches didn’t want to grow here anyway. | 桃树在这里都不结果 |
[10:35] | That’s what you get for planting on land | 在表土下两英尺就是石头的地上 |
[10:37] | with solid rock two feet below the topsoil. | 种东西 还能有什么好结果 |
[10:42] | You know, that’s one of the points | 这事我们应该 |
[10:43] | that we should make in the book, | 在书里提及 |
[10:45] | that hard work is only worth it in the right conditions. | 在合适的环境里辛勤劳作才能有结果 |
[10:48] | We want to set people up for success. | 我们想帮助大家成功 |
[10:50] | Vocational training, legitimate career paths. | 职业培训 合理的职业道路 |
[11:02] | Welcome back. How was Gaffney? | 欢迎回来 加夫尼怎么样 |
[11:04] | Do we have a time set for Ambassador Caspi yet? | 我们跟卡斯皮大使安排时间了吗 |
[11:06] | Her office is stalling. | 她办公室那边在拖 |
[11:08] | Get her schedule. We’ll go wherever she is. | 跟她约好 她在哪方便见面都行 |
[11:10] | I think she’ll be at the cocktail reception tonight | 她应该会参加今晚的鸡尾酒会 |
[11:12] | – at the Mexican Consulate. – I’ll call and find out. | -在墨西哥领事馆 -我去打电话确认 |
[11:16] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[11:17] | It came in for you this morning. | 今早寄来给你的 |
[11:19] | Francis? | 弗兰西斯吗 |
[11:20] | John Pasternak. Michael Corrigan’s husband. | 约翰·帕斯特纳克 迈克尔·科里根的丈夫 |
[11:24] | The latest pile of interview requests is on your desk, | 最新的采访请求放在你桌上了 |
[11:26] | most of them Corrigan related. | 大都跟科里根事件有关 |
[11:28] | And GLAAD wants you to be a keynote speaker | 反歧视同性恋联盟希望你去他们的 |
[11:30] | at their Media Awards Ceremony. | 媒体颁奖典礼做主讲人 |
[11:32] | How did he know? | 他怎么知道的 |
[11:33] | About your vows? It’s been in the news. | 你婚誓重证的事吗 新闻上有 |
[11:36] | No, that I liked tulips. | 不是 我喜欢郁金香的事 |
[11:42] | 恭喜婚誓重证 爱情恒久远 约·帕 | |
[11:47] | Did your mother work? | 你母亲工作吗 |
[11:48] | As a maid, mostly. | 主要是做女仆 |
[11:50] | In high demand, because she was white. | 她挺受欢迎 因为她是白人 |
[11:53] | People assumed she wouldn’t steal any valuables, | 大家认定她不会偷贵重东西 |
[11:55] | but of course she did. | 但她当然还是偷了 |
[11:58] | I remember one night, she came home with two sapphire earrings. | 我记得有一晚 她回家时拿着两枚蓝宝石耳环 |
[12:02] | She took them to the pawn shop in Spartanburg the next day, | 第二天她拿去了斯帕坦堡的当铺 |
[12:05] | but she wore them all night long, even slept in them. | 但前一晚她戴了一整晚 睡觉也没摘 |
[12:10] | I guess she wanted to know | 她大概是想知道 |
[12:11] | what it felt like to have real jewelry, | 戴真珠宝是什么感觉 |
[12:13] | even if it was just for a few hours. | 哪怕只是几小时 |
[12:16] | That does not go in the book. | 这可别写进书里 |
[12:20] | Why didn’t your parents have any more kids? | 你父母怎么不多生几个孩子 |
[12:22] | That’s not relevant to what we’re doing. | 这跟我们的话题无关 |
[12:24] | I’m just trying to get a sense of your family. | 我只是想了解你的家庭 |
[12:25] | The barn must’ve been somewhere right over there. | 谷仓应该就在那边 |
[12:27] | My father used to escape in there to get away from us. | 我父亲以前会躲进谷仓避开我们 |
[12:31] | Usually brought a bottle with him. | 一般还带一瓶酒进去 |
[12:34] | Did you love your father? | 你爱你父亲吗 |
[12:35] | He was a good man, down deep. | 他内心深处是个好人 |
[12:37] | He cared for us greatly. | 他十分爱我们 |
[12:39] | Worked hard to put food on the table. | 努力工作 供养家庭 |
[12:41] | Didn’t always succeed, but that wasn’t for a lack of trying. | 并不能总能做到 但并非他不努力 |
[12:44] | See… that’s not an answer. | 瞧 这不是回答 |
[12:48] | I asked you if you loved your father, you don’t tell me. | 我问你你是否爱你父亲 你却不说 |
[12:50] | You tell me what you want me to write. | 你只说你希望我写的东西 |
[12:53] | Which is what you’ve done since the beginning. | 你从一开始就是这样 |
[12:55] | It’s time to start telling the truth. | 你该开始说实话了 |
[12:57] | – You think I’ve been lying? – I know you have. | -你觉得我一直在撒谎吗 -我确定 |
[12:59] | The only time you haven’t is that one night in the White House. | 你唯一没撒谎的一次 是在白宫那一晚 |
[13:03] | The worst adventure I’ve ever been on. I can promise you… | 我经历的最糟的一次历险 我告诉你们 |
[13:06] | – I don’t get it. – The game is unwinnable. | -我不明白 -这游戏赢不了 |
[13:11] | – What is the point? – That is the point. | -那有什么意义 -意义就在这里 |
[13:13] | I find it unlikely that | 我认为我们 |
[13:15] | we’ll ever progress by starting over and over again. | 如果反复重新开始 是不可能进步的 |
[13:17] | – But it’s got to be better than this. – Oh, God. | -但总得比这强 -天呐 |
[13:19] | Okay, let’s give it a shot. Why not? | 我们试试吧 何不呢 |
[13:23] | – Something was very clear. – It just started over again. | -有件事很明确 -又重启了 |
[13:26] | It keeps doing that over and over. | 总是一遍遍重启 |
[13:28] | Ignore his instructions, he sends you back. | 你无视他的指示 他就让你从头开始 |
[13:30] | What if I follow his instructions? | 如果我遵照指示呢 |
[13:34] | Chaos takes over. Randomness. | 混乱一片 完全随机 |
[13:36] | It’s impossible to follow the rules. | 根本无法遵从规则 |
[13:39] | Another time. It’s too much like my real life. | 下次吧 这太接近我的现实生活了 |
[13:44] | Besides, we shouldn’t be playing games. | 再说 我们不该玩游戏 |
[13:46] | You should be asking me questions. | 你应该向我提问 |
[13:48] | You’re getting me drunk. | 你要把我灌醉了 |
[13:50] | I won’t remember what I asked. | 我肯定要记不住我问了什么了 |
[13:54] | The last time I got this drunk, I broke into a library. | 我上次喝得这么醉 我闯进了一座图书馆 |
[13:58] | In Charleston, my alma mater. | 在查尔斯顿 我母校 |
[14:01] | The Sentinel. | 桑蒂诺 |
[14:03] | I almost puked all over myself. | 我差点吐在自己身上 |
[14:05] | That’s Chapter Eight: “POTUS Blows Chunks.” | 第八章 《总统大吐》 |
[14:11] | Can you keep it down, please? | 能小点声吗 |
[14:14] | – Come join us. – So sorry. | -一起来嘛 -抱歉 |
[14:16] | – I was asleep. – Oh. We’ll… | -我都睡了 -这样啊… |
[14:19] | – We’ll move into the study. – Thank you. | -我们去书房 -谢谢 |
[14:40] | Francis? | 弗兰西斯 |
[14:42] | I’ll be right there in a minute. | 我就去 |
[14:47] | I don’t like him being up here. | 我不喜欢让他来这里 |
[14:51] | We’ll be more quiet. | 我们会小点声的 |
[14:52] | This is our private space. | 这是我们私人的空间 |
[14:55] | – He’s my guest. – He’s a stranger. | -他是我的客人 -他是个陌生人 |
[15:00] | All right. After tonight, no more. | 好吧 今晚之后 再不请他来了 |
[15:04] | I’m not being unreasonable. | 我不是不讲理 |
[15:10] | I should’ve… | 我该… |
[15:12] | realized how much noise we were making. | 意识到我们是多吵 |
[15:19] | Can I ask you a question? | 能问你个问题吗 |
[15:22] | Well, that’s what you’re here for, isn’t it? | 你不就是来问问题的吗 |
[15:28] | Why don’t you sleep in the same room? | 你们怎么不睡一个屋 |
[15:35] | Uh, that just sorta happened over… | 我们搬过来 |
[15:40] | a few months after we moved in here. | 几个月后 就开始了 |
[15:43] | Everything okay? | 一切都还好吗 |
[15:44] | Between you two? | 你俩之间 |
[15:46] | Oh, you bet. | 当然 |
[15:51] | Well, it’s been better. | 虽然不算最好的时候 |
[15:57] | No, it’s not okay. | 不 不太好 |
[16:00] | The fight. Coming back from Moscow. | 你俩从莫斯科回程时的争执 |
[16:05] | You heard us? | 你听到了 |
[16:08] | The yelling. Not what you said. | 只听到吵嚷声 听不清话 |
[16:15] | We don’t fight often, but, uh… | 我们不怎么吵架 |
[16:23] | This one… | 但这一次 |
[16:27] | scabs keep coming off. | 总是揭旧伤疤 |
[16:32] | We said things. | 我们说了些过分的话 |
[16:37] | Things you just can’t take back. | 无法收回的话 |
[16:42] | It’s late. We should call it a night. | 很晚了 我们到此为止吧 |
[16:57] | Thomas. | 托马斯 |
[17:03] | I have no interest in salaciousness. | 我对低俗内容没兴趣 |
[17:15] | August fourteenth is the anniversary of the New Deal. | 8月14日是罗斯福新政的纪念日 |
[17:17] | I’d like to hit 20,000 by that date. | 届时要达到两万 |
[17:20] | I believe we can do that, sir. | 应该没问题 先生 |
[17:21] | Remy, what’s the timeline | 雷米 参议院用来挑战 |
[17:22] | on the Senate bill outlawing FEMA funds? | 联邦应急管理署拨款合法性的修正案的进度如何 |
[17:24] | The Leg office predicts the Senate version | 立法办公室预测参议院法案 |
[17:25] | will pass in two to three weeks. | 将在两三周内通过 |
[17:27] | Working with friendlies in the House. | 我们在跟国会内的盟友想办法 |
[17:28] | Throw some pork on it, slow it down. | 搞点破坏 拖慢进度 |
[17:30] | That’s all the more reason that we need to accelerate. | 所以我们更该加速进展了 |
[17:32] | If I’m gonna veto this bill, | 如果我要否决这项法案 |
[17:34] | I want it to be because it’s gonna kill 50,000 new jobs. | 一定要拿阻碍五万人就业为理由 |
[17:37] | – Jobs that we created. – Yes, sir. | -我们创造的就业机会 -是 先生 |
[17:40] | Cathy? | 凯茜 |
[17:41] | The Russians remain intransigent on the Jordan Valley. | 俄罗斯在约旦河谷问题上仍不肯妥协 |
[17:44] | The ambassador is working hard | 大使在努力 |
[17:45] | to push the peacekeeping resolution to a vote | 推动联合国大会就 |
[17:47] | – by the General Assembly. – Why the delay? | -维和决议案投票 -为什么延迟了 |
[17:50] | We’re having a hard time getting the African bloc | 我们无法说服非洲集团 |
[17:52] | to remove the poison pill provision. | 去掉坏事的条款 |
[17:54] | We think Israel’s behind it. They got cold feet, | 我们认为是以色列搞的鬼 他们临阵怯场 |
[17:56] | convinced the African bloc | 便让非洲集团 |
[17:57] | to sabotage the resolution so they have an out. | 破坏决议案进程 他们好下台 |
[18:00] | Do I need to speak to the Prime Minister? | 要我去跟总理谈谈吗 |
[18:02] | Uh, the Israeli ambassador has already denied. | 以色列大使已经否认了 |
[18:04] | I think we need to keep our focus on the provision itself. | 我觉得我们该专注于条款本身 |
[18:07] | All right. | 好吧 |
[18:08] | The head of the African bloc is Zimbabwe. | 非洲集团的首领是津巴布韦 |
[18:10] | And we believe Israel has promised | 我们认为以色列保证 |
[18:12] | them a sizable aid package for HIV prevention. | 给他们一个价值可观的艾滋防治援助项目 |
[18:15] | The Secretary and I recommend | 国务卿和我建议 |
[18:16] | increasing our relief funds to Zimbabwe. | 提高我们给津巴布韦的救济金 |
[18:19] | Outspend the Israelis. | 超过以色列人 |
[18:20] | Well, President Chimbetu will just pocket the money. | 金培图总统只会把钱中饱私囊 |
[18:22] | Well, we always anticipate a certain level of graft. | 我们早预计会遇到一定程度的腐败 |
[18:24] | A certain level? He’s egregious. The man’s a monster. | 一定程度 他是个贪婪透顶的恶魔 |
[18:28] | Who happens to run the African bloc. | 可他是非洲集团的首领 |
[18:29] | Who happens to kill his people when he’s not stealing from them, | 他是个要么屠杀人民 要么盗取他们财产的人 |
[18:32] | which is why I reduced aid to Zimbabwe. | 所以我才缩减了对津巴布韦的救济 |
[18:34] | If we want him to remove the amendment, we have to be persuasive. | 如果我们想让他撤销条款 我们就得有点筹码 |
[18:37] | We are scraping together every penny we can to save AmWorks. | 我们已经在为《美就法》想方设法凑钱了 |
[18:39] | The last thing I want | 我最不需要的 |
[18:41] | is to be slammed for giving additional money | 就是因为从国际开发署拨款给 |
[18:43] | to a brutal dictator from USAID | 一个我想讨好的残忍独裁者 |
[18:45] | just to persuade him. This is ill-conceived. | 而遭到抨击 这想法太糟了 |
[18:48] | You should think before you bring a proposal such as this. | 你提出这样的提议之前该三思 |
[18:51] | We’ll pursue other strategies and get back to you, Mr. President. | 我们会考虑其他策略 再给您答复 总统先生 |
[18:54] | Thank you. Robert, what’s the latest on the omnibus? | 谢谢 罗伯特 福利改革怎么样了 |
[18:56] | Sir, the legislation should go | 先生 法案再过 |
[18:57] | to the floor in the next couple of months. | 两个月应该就能投票了 |
[18:59] | The leadership is pushing… | 领导层有反对… |
[19:21] | Set up calls with both Lockheed and Northrop. | 联系洛克希德和诺斯罗普[均为军工企业] |
[19:23] | We’ll pay people to get trained and call it a job. | 我们付钱让人接受培训 当做是工作 |
[19:27] | It isn’t a job unless the union says it is. | 是不是工作工会说了算 |
[19:28] | Well, one step at a time. | 一步步来嘛 |
[19:29] | You set up the training and I’ll speak to the AFL. | 你安排培训 我去找劳工联合会谈 |
[19:32] | Are the AARP here? | 退休者协会的人来了吗 |
[19:33] | In the lobby. The chairman told me they want to support Dunbar. | 在大堂 主席说他们要支持邓巴 |
[19:37] | They’re just trying to rattle us. | 他们只是想敲打我们 |
[19:38] | Dunbar is promising to save Social Security. | 邓巴保证要挽救社会保险 |
[19:40] | Go after Wall Street and government waste instead of entitlements. | 从华尔街和政府浪费挤钱 而不是福利 |
[19:43] | Well, get them in here. | 叫他们进来 |
[19:44] | You have your call list. | 这是打电话名单 |
[19:45] | Their meeting’s not for another ten minutes. | 他们的会面还有十分钟才开始 |
[19:47] | Start bringing them over. | 这就叫他们过来 |
[19:48] | It’ll take them that long to hobble over on their walkers. | 他们那么老 走过来也得十分钟了 |
[19:51] | – Francis? – I’ll go get them. | -弗兰西斯 -我去叫他们 |
[19:53] | I only have a few minutes. | 我只有几分钟 |
[20:02] | You singled me out today on purpose. | 你今天针对我是有意的 |
[20:05] | – What? – The cabinet meeting. | -什么 -内阁会议 |
[20:07] | If I’m gonna invite you to cabinet meetings, | 如果我要让你参加内阁会议 |
[20:09] | there’s not gonna be any kid gloves. | 就不能小心护着你 |
[20:11] | Don’t make it sound like a favor. | 别说得像照顾我 |
[20:13] | You wanted to be there. I agreed. | 你想去的 我同意了 |
[20:15] | Well, so I could be informed and do my job. | 为了获得信息 做好工作 |
[20:17] | Everyone in that room is judged by what they bring to the table. | 那房间里的每个人都靠工作能力受到审视 |
[20:20] | What you brought to the table was amateurish. | 而你的工作不像样 |
[20:24] | Both Cathy and I proposed that plan. | 凯茜和我一起提出了那个计划 |
[20:26] | I fault her as much as you. You’re making this too personal. | 我一样也怪她 你当我是在针对你 |
[20:29] | It is personal. | 是针对我 |
[20:30] | I think you’re punishing me for what happened in Russia. | 我觉得你是在为俄罗斯的事惩罚我 |
[20:32] | Oh, come on. | 得了 |
[20:34] | Well, you said it on the plane. Appointing me was a mistake. | 你在飞机上说 任命我是个错误 |
[20:37] | Yeah, you said far worse things to me. | 你说的话更过分 |
[20:39] | Yes, and I’ve gone out of my way to put that fight behind us. | 是啊 我也十分努力忘记那次的争吵 |
[20:42] | Oh, really? Like with Thomas? | 是吗 像对托马斯那样 |
[20:44] | When you screamed at us for waking you up. | 我们把你吵醒 你就大吼大叫 |
[20:46] | – I didn’t scream. – It was embarrassing. | -我才没大吼大叫 -你让我丢脸 |
[20:48] | Who cares what he thinks? | 谁管他怎么想呢 |
[20:50] | He was our guest and you walked in there like– | 他是我们的客人 你就那么走进来 |
[20:52] | I think you’re searching for things that aren’t there | 我觉得你在无中生有 |
[20:54] | and ignoring the things that are, | 而对存在的问题又视而不见 |
[20:55] | – like this photograph flinching nonsense. – Oh, Jesus. | -比如拍照那档子事 -天呐 |
[21:01] | – Do you want me to resign, Francis? – Don’t be ridiculous. | -你要我辞职吗 弗兰西斯 -别说傻话 |
[21:05] | Just say it. | 说出来吧 |
[21:07] | You never wanted me to be ambassador. | 你根本不希望我做大使 |
[21:09] | You remember what you said to me on the plane? | 你记得你在飞机上对我说了什么吗 |
[21:11] | You should have never made me president. | 你不该让我当上总统 |
[21:13] | I was upset. I didn’t mean it. | 我当时生着气 我不是那个意思 |
[21:15] | You did mean it. You think you made me. | 你就是那个意思 你觉得你造就了我 |
[21:17] | No, I don’t. I think we’re a team, actually. | 不是的 我觉得我们是一个团队 |
[21:20] | Well, we’re not a team at the moment. | 我们现在可不是 |
[21:27] | I can’t believe we’ve become this. | 真难以置信我们变成了这样 |
[21:30] | – Become what? – Like everyone else. | -什么样 -跟其他人一个样 |
[21:37] | You ready, sir? | 可以了吗 先生 |
[21:37] | No, just give me a minute. Let the smoke clear. | 稍等一下 让烟味儿散去 |
[22:05] | Where are we at? | 什么进度了 |
[22:36] | Her hair’s different. | 她换发型了 |
[22:39] | But I– | 但… |
[22:41] | – Where was this taken? – Santa Fe. | -这是在哪拍到的 -圣达菲 |
[22:44] | I’ve narrowed the search to focus just on that city. | 我把搜索范围缩小到了那个城市 |
[22:46] | This is all I have, but I think it’s a good start. | 我只有这么多 但我觉得这个开头不错 |
[22:50] | I should go there. | 我该过去 |
[22:50] | No. These photos are three weeks old. | 不行 这是三周前的照片 |
[22:53] | She might have been passing through. | 她可能只是路过那里 |
[22:54] | Or she might still be there. | 也可能还留在那里 |
[22:56] | Okay, but if you start asking questions, you might tip her off. | 好吧 但如果你去问东问西 可能会打草惊蛇 |
[23:00] | Get me more, then. | 那再找点信息来 |
[23:04] | How’s my passport coming? | 我的护照怎么样了 |
[23:07] | I’ll get the lock lifted when you find her. | 等你找到她 我就给你解锁 |
[23:12] | I’ve shown you some progress. | 我给你看了我的进展 |
[23:14] | I think I should be seeing progress on your side, too. | 我也该看看你的进展 |
[23:16] | This isn’t enough. | 这不够 |
[23:17] | They just arrested another one of my friends. | 他们又逮捕了我的一个朋友 |
[23:19] | – They could charge me at any minute. – Gavin… | -他们随时能起诉我 -嘉文 |
[23:21] | The things that I’ve had to do to get this much are fucked up. | 我为了拿到这些 做了很糟糕的事 |
[23:25] | An exact location. | 准确地点 |
[23:28] | That was our deal. | 这是我们说好的 |
[23:36] | Can you get me the camera feed? | 你能把监控视频拿给我吗 |
[23:38] | The system’s monitoring it. | 系统有监控 |
[23:39] | I want it, too. | 我要 |
[23:46] | I’ll send you the link. | 我会把链接发给你 |
[24:22] | Doug? This is Maurice. | 道格 这是莫里斯 |
[24:24] | He’ll be taking over for me. I’m moving to Seattle. | 他会接手你 我要搬去西雅图了 |
[24:26] | My sister’s opening up her own PT center | 我姐姐要自己开个锻炼中心 |
[24:28] | and she wants me to be a partner. | 她希望我去入伙 |
[24:31] | I’m moving all my clients over to new folks. | 我要把所有客户都交给别人 |
[24:34] | So I can help the transition. | 这样我能帮助过渡 |
[24:37] | I’ll be sad to see you go. | 真舍不得你走 |
[24:41] | I’ll go get some bar floats. | 我去拿几根漂浮杆 |
[24:43] | Back in a second. | 就回来 |
[24:46] | Look… I’m having people over this Thursday. | 我这周四要请人来做客 |
[24:50] | It’s a going-away thing at my place. You should come. | 在我家开个欢送会 你也来吧 |
[24:54] | – You ready? – Yeah. | -可以了吗 -嗯 |
[24:56] | I’ll text you the details. | 具体情况发短信给你 |
[25:07] | I want to go after the big boys. | 我要那些大人物的钱 |
[25:08] | Not just Wall Street, but Walmart. | 不仅是华尔街 还有沃尔玛 |
[25:10] | I’d be careful with Walmart. | 沃尔玛别轻易动 |
[25:12] | You’ll lose a lot of friends in Congress. | 你会在国会失去很多盟友 |
[25:13] | Let’s force them to take sides. | 那就逼他们选边站 |
[25:15] | That means Jackie Sharp, too. | 包括杰姬·夏普 |
[25:17] | Introduce legislation. | 推出法案 |
[25:19] | She either votes for it or we hit her hard. | 她要么赞成 要么我们狠击她 |
[25:21] | Any corporation who has more | 所有有超过10%员工 |
[25:22] | than ten percent of its employees on food stamps | 在领食品救济券的大公司 |
[25:25] | has to increase wages until they’re below ten percent. | 都要涨薪 直到这个数目低于10% |
[25:29] | Who has the guts to sponsor something like that? | 谁有胆支持这样的法案 |
[25:42] | Doug? | 道格 |
[25:45] | Yeah, I’ll put a list together. | 嗯 我写份名单 |
[25:46] | You’ll have something by the end of the week. | 你周末就能拿到 |
[25:48] | Okay. Talk to you then. | 好 到时再聊 |
[26:21] | You made it. | 你来了 |
[26:23] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[26:25] | – How long have you been here? – Ten minutes. | -来多久了 -10分钟 |
[26:28] | Come on. We need to get people dancing. | 来吧 我们得让大家舞起来 |
[26:31] | Actually, I was thinking that I should go. | 其实 我觉得我还是走吧 |
[26:33] | I just came over to say goodbye. | 我就是过来跟你道别的 |
[26:36] | No. You are not going anywhere. | 不行 你哪都别想去 |
[26:39] | You don’t have to dance, but you can’t leave. | 你不非得跳舞 但你也别想跑 |
[26:59] | Last man standing. | 就剩你还没醉倒 |
[27:03] | You have recycling? | 你回收吗 |
[27:05] | Just leave ’em on the counter. | 放在桌台上就好 |
[27:06] | I’ll take care of it tomorrow. | 我明天收拾 |
[27:13] | You really don’t have to help. | 你不用帮忙的 |
[27:15] | I don’t mind. | 我不介意 |
[27:19] | You’re such a gentleman. | 你真绅士 |
[27:21] | I don’t know about that. | 这你不能确定 |
[27:24] | Oh, you’re not a gentleman? | 你不是绅士吗 |
[27:27] | Because… that could be interesting. | 那就…有意思了 |
[28:09] | I made you a café au lait. | 我给你泡了牛奶咖啡 |
[28:21] | How is it? | 怎么样 |
[28:23] | – Need sugar? – No. | -还要加糖吗 -不用 |
[28:25] | It’s perfect. | 很棒 |
[28:29] | When are the movers coming by? | 你的搬家工什么时候来 |
[28:31] | Not for a couple hours. | 还有两小时呢 |
[28:34] | You need any help? Packing the rest up? | 要我帮忙打包剩下的东西吗 |
[28:37] | No. You just relax. | 不用 你休息吧 |
[28:43] | You seemed a little sad last night. | 你昨晚似乎有点难过 |
[28:47] | No, just tired. | 没有 就是累了 |
[28:49] | Was that it? You were just tired? | 是吗 只是累了吗 |
[28:58] | Someone I haven’t heard from in a long time. | 有个我很久没联络的人 |
[29:01] | She reached out. It was– | 她联系我了 |
[29:04] | It was a little hard. | 我有点难过 |
[29:08] | Last night wasn’t ’cause you felt sorry for me, was it? | 你昨晚不是因为可怜我吧 |
[29:11] | No. | 不是 |
[29:13] | Last night was because I’m getting on a plane today, | 昨晚是因为我今天要坐飞机走了 |
[29:17] | and I’ll probably never see you again. | 我可能再也见不到你了 |
[29:20] | Why not? | 何乐不为呢 |
[29:32] | You know it rains a lot in Seattle, right? | 西雅图经常下雨 你知道吧 |
[30:06] | Are you gonna come with me to the memorial today? | 你今天跟我去纪念馆吗 |
[30:10] | Do I need to be there? | 我一定要去吗 |
[30:12] | No. | 不 |
[30:16] | I’m buried right now. | 我现在忙死了 |
[30:18] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[30:57] | Why has Tom Yates been hanging around so much? | 汤姆·耶茨最近怎么总在这儿晃 |
[31:00] | Is he writing a book on the president? | 他要给总统写书吗 |
[31:01] | We’ve all asked him and he won’t say. | 我们都问过 他不肯说 |
[31:04] | Ballsy move if it’s true. | 如果真是可很大胆 |
[31:06] | Yeah. I can’t stand his writing. | 嗯 我受不了他的文笔 |
[31:09] | Are you an idiot? | 你傻逼吗 |
[31:11] | I’m an idiot for having an opinion? | 有看法就傻逼了 |
[31:13] | There’s no opinions to be had. His writing is gorgeous. | 有什么可”看法”的 他文笔多棒 |
[31:16] | Well, in my opinion, it isn’t. | 我的看法就是 我不觉得 |
[31:18] | Said the guy who can’t write a grocery list. | 自己购物单都写不好还说别人 |
[31:21] | Ready whenever you are, sir. | 就等您了 先生 |
[31:26] | Today marks the 80th Anniversary of the Social Security Act. | 今天是《社会保险法案》的80周年纪念日 |
[31:31] | It has survived longer than many of its beneficiaries. | 它的存在时间 甚至超过了不少其受益人 |
[31:34] | We should all be so lucky to live as long as it has. | 希望所有人都能活到它这个岁数 |
[31:38] | But by the time the human body has circled the sun 80 times, | 但当人活到80 |
[31:42] | its youth and vigor are gone. | 青春和活力就已不再 |
[31:45] | Joints ache, bones and muscles are weaker, | 关节疼 骨头变脆 肌肉退化 |
[31:48] | the heart doesn’t beat with the same power it once did. | 心脏的跳动也不如从前强健了 |
[31:52] | All of us must face this truth eventually. | 我们所有人都最终得面对这一事实 |
[31:55] | And when we do, we must hand the baton to the young. | 到那时 我们就得把接力棒交给下一代 |
[31:59] | To those who have the strength | 那些等我们离世后 |
[32:01] | to carry on our work when we are gone. | 有力量继续我们事业的人 |
[32:04] | Here’s another truth: Social Security is dying. | 这一点也是事实 社会保险在崩溃 |
[32:07] | Now in its 80th year, it must give way | 如今 值其80岁之际 它必须向 |
[32:10] | to a new, younger, stronger plan for the future. | 一个更年轻 更有力的新未来计划让位 |
[32:14] | That plan is America Works. | 这就是《美国就业法案》 |
[32:17] | In Washington DC alone, we’ve managed to reduce unemployment | 光是在华盛顿特区 我们就将失业率 |
[32:21] | by over a third and put 25,000 people to work. | 削减了超过三分之一 2.5万人找到了工作 |
[32:26] | If we can accomplish so much | 如果我们能在这么短的时间里 |
[32:27] | in so little time here in Washington, | 在华盛顿做出这么大的成就 |
[32:30] | imagine what we could accomplish | 想象一下如果国会在全国范围内 |
[32:31] | if Congress funded America Works | 为《美国就业法案》提供资金 |
[32:34] | nationwide. | 又将取得多大成就 |
[32:35] | We wouldn’t be talking about thousands of jobs. | 那就不是几万份工作了 |
[32:37] | We’d be talking about millions. | 而是数百万 |
[32:41] | Later this afternoon, | 今天下午晚些时候 |
[32:42] | I will visit FDR’s memorial to pay my respects to the man | 我会前往罗斯福纪念馆 向那个80年前 |
[32:46] | who ushered in Social Security 80 years ago. | 推行了《社会保险法案》的人致敬 |
[32:50] | We honor the dead for giving us the world we inherited. | 我们致敬先人留给我们如今的世界 |
[32:53] | However, we must recognize | 但我们也得认识到 |
[32:56] | we are doomed if we allow the dead to govern us. | 如果让先人管束我们 就只有死路一条 |
[33:00] | Thank you, and God bless the United States of America. | 谢谢 天佑美利坚合众国 |
[33:05] | From NBC News in Washington, | 华盛顿NBC新闻 |
[33:07] | this is Meet the Press with Chuck Todd. | 这里是《恰克·托德新闻访谈》 |
[33:11] | Good morning and welcome to Meet the Press. | 早上好 欢迎收看《新闻访谈》 |
[33:13] | I have with me Congresswoman Huntley and Congressman Greer. | 我身边是亨特利和格里尔议员 |
[33:16] | Congresswoman, let me start with you. | 议员女士 我先问您吧 |
[33:17] | In the President’s radio address today, | 总统今日在无线电讲话中 |
[33:19] | he said the model here in Washington is a model for the nation. | 称华盛顿的案例是全国的榜样 |
[33:23] | Do you agree? | 您赞同吗 |
[33:25] | I do, Chuck. | 是的 恰克 |
[33:26] | I was skeptical at first. | 我起初持怀疑态度 |
[33:28] | Both my parents benefited from Social Security. | 我父母都是社会保险的受益人 |
[33:30] | And I’ve always counted on it for myself. | 我自己也一直指望它 |
[33:33] | But, when I think about my kids, and my grandkids– | 但当我想到我的孩子 孙辈 |
[33:36] | Rebecca raises a good point, one that we’ve been making | 丽贝卡提出了一个好观点 几十年来 |
[33:38] | in the Republican Party for decades. | 我们在共和党内一直在提出这个问题 |
[33:40] | And yet, while you support America Works, | 但是 您虽然支持《美国就业法案》 |
[33:43] | most members of your party do not. | 贵党党内大多持反对态度 |
[33:45] | Chuck, I’ve never been a big fan of Frank Underwood. | 恰克 我向来不怎么喜欢弗兰克·安德伍德 |
[33:47] | But the park near my house here in Washington has never been cleaner. | 但我华盛顿的家附近的公园从未像如今这么干净 |
[33:51] | The dry cleaners I go to just hired two new people this month. | 我光顾的干洗店本月雇了两名新员工 |
[33:54] | The daycare I drop my kids off at doubled their staff | 我送孩子去的日托所的员工翻了倍 |
[33:57] | so the children can get more individual attention. | 这样每个孩子受到的个性化关注更多了 |
[34:00] | The president may have overstepped in taking FEMA money, | 总统拿联邦应急管理署的钱或许是过分了 |
[34:03] | but when something works, it works. And America Works works. | 但成功就是成功 《美国就业法案》成功了 |
[34:44] | 他们有意建立个别人统治全人类的政府系统 还称之为新秩序 这早有先例 而且不算”秩序” | |
[35:13] | Hello. | 你好 |
[37:21] | Promise the money. | 给他们钱 |
[37:23] | Whatever you need to turn him around. | 用一切手段让他回心转意 |
[37:25] | I’ll approve the USAID funds. | 我会批准从国际开发署拨款 |
[37:30] | What made you change your mind? | 你为什么改主意了 |
[37:35] | Today… at the memorial. | 今天 在纪念馆 |
[37:41] | You know what struck me the most? | 你知道最触动我的是什么吗 |
[37:47] | Eleanor. | 埃莉诺 |
[37:50] | She was off by herself. | 她一个人在旁边 |
[37:53] | Alone. | 孤身一人 |
[37:56] | And so was Franklin. He was alone. | 富兰克林也是 一个人 |
[38:01] | And there was a wall between them. | 他们之间隔着墙 |
[38:08] | The monks. | 那些僧人 |
[38:10] | They’ve been here for weeks. We haven’t even discussed them once. | 他们来几周了 我们从没谈起过他们 |
[38:15] | It’s beautiful, isn’t it? What they’re doing? | 很美妙吧 他们的作品 |
[38:17] | It is. | 是啊 |
[38:24] | Francis, I watched them for over an hour today. | 弗兰西斯 我今天看他们看了一个多小时 |
[38:27] | And all I was thinking was, | 我一直在想着 |
[38:28] | why aren’t you and I sharing this together? | 我们为什么没有一起分享此刻 |
[38:41] | We have to do something, Claire. | 我们得想想办法 克莱尔 |
[38:45] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:51] | What are you thinking? | 你想怎么弄 |
[38:52] | My natural color. Like when I first met Francis. | 我本来的发色 像我初识弗兰西斯时那样 |
[38:57] | – This color? – Yes. Exactly. | -这个吗 -对 |
[39:00] | Okay. Have a seat. | 好 请坐 |
[39:21] | I want to take up the sleeves a touch. | 我想再修修袖子 |
[39:22] | Oh, I think they’re perfect. Thank you. | 我觉得很好了 谢谢 |
[39:30] | – What do you think? – Beautiful. | -怎么样 -真美 |
[39:55] | We have gathered today | 我们今天聚集于此 |
[39:56] | to renew the vows between Francis J. Underwood | 重证弗兰西斯·J·安德伍德 |
[40:00] | and Claire Hale Underwood. | 和克莱尔·黑尔·安德伍德的婚誓 |
[40:07] | It was here, in this church, | 就在这座教堂 |
[40:10] | 28 years ago, before God, | 28年前 在上帝面前 |
[40:13] | that you two first committed yourselves to one another. | 你们二人首次向对方许下了誓言 |
[40:23] | May this renewed commitment deepen your love for each other, | 愿这再次确认的承诺 能加深你们的爱情 |
[40:27] | and strengthen your eternal bond. | 让你们的婚姻更加坚固 直到永远 |
[41:11] | Claire’s father bought us this house. | 克莱尔的父亲给我们买下了这栋房子 |
[41:14] | I wanted to pay for it myself. That’s always bothered me. | 我本想自己出钱 这事一直让我介意 |
[41:18] | You weren’t bothered to let him pay for your first campaign? | 你不介意他为你首次竞选出资吗 |
[41:21] | Well, that’s politics. It’s different. | 那是政治 不一样 |
[41:22] | You take money wherever you can get it. | 筹钱要上天入地 |
[41:25] | No, this was our first home. | 这是我们第一个家 |
[41:28] | – Was it a happy home? – Oh, please. | -是个快乐的家吗 -拜托 |
[41:33] | I thought you brought me here | 我以为你带我来 |
[41:33] | because we were gonna cut through the bullshit. | 就是想不再扯谎了 |
[41:35] | This book is supposed to be about America Works. | 这本书要写的是《美国就业法案》 |
[41:38] | There is no book without you at the center of it. | 你必须作为书的核心 否则无法成书 |
[41:42] | Do you trust me? Or don’t you? | 你信任我吗 还是不信任 |
[41:44] | Because if you don’t, get someone else to write it. | 你如果不信任我 就另找人写吧 |
[41:46] | Or write it yourself. | 或者你自己写 |
[41:47] | You don’t know what it’s like | 你不知道过日子 |
[41:48] | to go through life looking over your shoulder. | 还得随时小心翼翼是什么滋味 |
[41:51] | Having secrets no one would understand. | 背负没人能理解的秘密 |
[41:53] | I didn’t write my first book. | 我第一本书不是自己写的 |
[41:57] | My friend. | 我的朋友 |
[42:00] | The one who died. | 死掉的那个 |
[42:03] | He wrote it? | 是他写的 |
[42:03] | The first half. He didn’t show it to anyone except me. | 前半部分 只给我一人看了 |
[42:07] | In the hospital, he asked me destroy it. | 在医院时 他求我销毁书稿 |
[42:09] | I told him I would. | 我告诉他我会的 |
[42:14] | It was too good. | 但他写得太好 |
[42:16] | It needed to be finished. So I finished it. | 该写完 我就给写完了 |
[42:19] | And took all the credit. | 并说是你独立创作 |
[42:20] | Oh, yeah. It’s my part, the ending. | 是啊 是我写的结局 |
[42:24] | That’s what people remember. | 才是人们记住的部分 |
[42:26] | But the book… | 但那本书 |
[42:30] | My entire career… | 我整个职业生涯 |
[42:34] | It’s all based on a lie. | 都是基于一个谎言 |
[42:36] | You don’t have a monopoly on secrets. | 秘密不是你一个人的专属 |
[42:52] | There’s tulips buried under here. | 这里地下埋了郁金香 |
[42:56] | Claire planted them. | 克莱尔种的 |
[43:02] | I’ve always… | 我一直 |
[43:06] | from day one… | 从最开始 |
[43:10] | been ashamed she said yes when I asked her to marry me. | 就对她答应我的求婚感到羞耻 |
[43:14] | Why? | 为什么 |
[43:18] | I didn’t think I deserved her. | 我觉得我配不上她 |
[43:23] | I can tell you this, though, | 但我告诉你 |
[43:24] | there would have been no White House without Claire. | 如果不是克莱尔 我就不能入主白宫 |
[43:26] | I was half the man before I met her. | 遇见她成就了更好的我 |
[43:29] | But still, I’ve been selfish… | 但是 我很自私 |
[43:32] | feeding off her the way I have. | 那样向她索取 |
[43:35] | She knew what she was getting into. | 她清楚自己选择了什么 |
[43:38] | Probably. She knows me better than I know myself. | 或许吧 她比我更了解我 |
[43:44] | Sir? We’re scheduled to fly out at 6:15. | 先生 我们计划是6点15分起航 |
[43:47] | Should probably leave in the next few minutes. | 再过几分钟就得动身了 |
[43:48] | Thank you, Meechum. | 谢谢 密查姆 |
[43:55] | Scribble away. | 写吧 |
[44:07] | So, what’d he tell you in front of the house? | 他在房子前跟你说什么了 |
[44:12] | Nothing much. | 没什么 |
[44:13] | Well, it looked intense, whatever it was. | 不管是什么 似乎挺动情 |
[44:16] | See? This is why I don’t ride in the van. | 瞧 这就是我不做大车的原因 |
[44:20] | You did this time. | 这次不是坐了 |
[44:24] | Sometimes you just need to leave someone alone. | 有时候得让人静静 |
[44:27] | All right, I got the hint. | 好吧 我懂了 |
[44:30] | I meant him. Not me. | 我是说他 不是我自己 |
[45:00] | Where are they? | 他们哪去了 |
[45:02] | – Who? – The monks. | -谁 -那些僧人 |
[45:04] | Oh, they finished earlier today, sir. | 他们今天早些时候做完了 先生 |
[45:08] | So it’s gone? | 没了吗 |
[45:10] | I believe so. | 是的 |
[45:12] | I didn’t get a chance to see it. | 我都没来得及看到 |
[45:14] | I’m sure they took a photo. | 他们应该拍过照 |
[45:18] | Will you ask someone to get me a copy? | 你能叫人给我弄一份吗 |
[45:21] | Right away, sir. | 这就去 先生 |
[46:32] | Claire. I almost didn’t recognize you. | 克莱尔 我差点没认出来 |
[46:36] | Yes, I decided it was time for a change. | 是啊 我决定该做点改变了 |
[46:38] | It’s very fetching. | 很迷人啊 |
[46:40] | I hope you don’t mind me crashing your party. | 希望您不介意我不请自来 |
[46:42] | Oh, of course not. My staff said you’d be out of town. | 当然不 我的手下说你不在市里 |
[46:46] | Would you mind if I borrowed Ambassador Caspi for a moment? | 介意我跟卡斯皮大使单独谈谈吗 |
[46:49] | Of course. | 请吧 |
[46:53] | You’ve been avoiding me for three weeks. | 你躲了我三周 |
[46:55] | I had a trip to Jerusalem. | 我去了耶路撒冷 |
[46:58] | You promised Zimbabwe 35 million | 你答应给津巴布韦三千五百万 |
[47:01] | so they’d introduce the poison pill amendment. | 让他们提出会坏事的无理条款 |
[47:03] | – For purely humanitarian reasons. – No. | -只是出于人道主义考虑 -不是的 |
[47:06] | This is the first time you’ve ever sent aid to Zimbabwe. | 这是你们第一次给津巴布韦援助 |
[47:10] | Don’t draw connections that don’t exist. | 别乱牵线 |
[47:13] | We would never try to sabotage the resolution. | 我们绝不会给决议案搞破坏 |
[47:16] | The United States is our ally. | 美国是我们的盟友 |
[47:18] | That’s right, we are. | 是啊 我们是 |
[47:20] | So act like it. | 那就有点盟友的样子 |
[47:21] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[47:23] | My husband formally approved | 我丈夫已经正式批准 |
[47:26] | our own humanitarian package for eighty million. | 向津巴布韦提供八千万人道主义援助金 |
[47:28] | Zimbabwe will be withdrawing the amendment tomorrow. | 他们明天就将撤回条款 |
[47:32] | And when the resolution goes to a vote, | 决议案进入投票时 |
[47:35] | I expect Israel to support it like the loyal ally she is. | 希望以色列像个忠诚的盟友那样表示支持 |
[47:39] | Not lie to us. | 而不是背信弃义 |
[47:40] | That’s not the way to solicit our support. | 这可不是博取我们支持的方式 |
[47:43] | I’m not soliciting. I’m demanding. | 我没想”博取” 我在要求 |
[47:46] | I feel sorry for you, Claire. | 我可怜你 克莱尔 |
[47:49] | Your husband sends you to talk tough. | 你丈夫要你来说狠话 |
[47:52] | But as soon as things go wrong in the Jordan Valley, | 但等约旦河谷出了岔子 |
[47:55] | he’ll turn his back and leave Israel to clean up the mess. | 他就会甩手不管 让以色列收拾烂摊子 |
[47:58] | He doesn’t have the muscle. | 他根本没这个实力 |
[47:59] | He can’t even get Congress to work with him. | 他没法让国会配合他 |
[48:01] | Or back you up after you call out Petrov. | 你羞辱佩特罗夫后都不能支持你 |
[48:04] | He turned his back on you just like he will on us. | 他背叛了你 也会如此对我们 |
[48:09] | My husband is the bravest and most resolute man I know. | 我丈夫是我见过的最勇敢 最有决心的人 |
[48:13] | He will succeed in this plan. | 他的计划会成功的 |
[48:15] | Brave? | 勇敢 |
[48:17] | I served in Jordan Valley. | 我在约旦河谷服过役 |
[48:19] | As did the President and the Foreign Minister. Has he? | 我国总统和外交部长也是 他呢 |
[48:23] | You held a gun and somebody told you where to stand. | 你不过是举着枪 听命令 |
[48:27] | Don’t confuse that with the burden the Commander in Chief faces. | 别把这跟三军统帅的重担搞混 |
[48:32] | Francis has given the order to kill. | 弗兰西斯曾下令杀人 |
[48:33] | He’s buried soldiers he’s put into harm’s way. | 他曾下葬过他送入虎口的士兵 |
[48:36] | And every day, he wakes up bearing responsibilities | 每一天 他承受的责任 |
[48:39] | you can’t possibly imagine. | 都是你无法想象的 |
[48:41] | They would crush you if they fell on your shoulders. | 如果你来承担 你会崩溃的 |
[48:44] | So you talk to your superiors. | 你去告诉你的上级 |
[48:47] | And when the amendment is withdrawn tomorrow, | 等明天条款撤销 |
[48:49] | you will commit to supporting the resolution. | 你必须支决议案 |
[49:34] | 没什么是永久的 除了我们 | |
[50:28] | 富兰克林·罗斯福婚后的大部分时间 都有自己的秘密情人 同夫人埃莉诺相守时间很少 有历史学者认为 埃莉诺之所以为人权和妇女权益不停奔波呼吁 很大程度上也是因为需要有自己的事业来缓解感情上的创痛 克林顿在任期间 同实习生的性丑闻搞得天下皆知 但是第一夫人希拉里仍然决定维持这段婚姻 离开白宫后 希拉里竞选议员 竞选总统 担任国务卿 而比尔·克林顿则到世界各地为自己的慈善基金会奔忙 两人聚少离多 2008年希拉里竞选总统时 华盛顿有传闻称克林顿多年在外面有自己的情人 有些民主党议员担心克林顿的新丑闻被媒体揭发后 会不利于希拉里的竞选 不过后来媒体并没有爆什么料 希拉里也一直把克林顿当作自己的政治顾问 外界认为 两人之间更多的是政治盟友的关系 |