时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Over 20 years? | 20多年的 |
[00:10] | Thirty? | 30年呢 |
[00:12] | 40 Forty? | |
[00:14] | – How about fifty? – Fifty-five. | -50年呢 -55年 |
[00:18] | Fifty-five years. | 55年 |
[00:21] | And what is your name, ma’am? | 你叫什么 女士 |
[00:24] | – Agnes. – Yeah, I think you mean Saint Agnes. | -艾格尼丝 -是圣徒艾格尼丝吧 |
[00:26] | Yes. Yes, I do. | 是啊 没错 |
[00:29] | Well, Francis and I are only halfway there, | 弗兰西斯和我的婚姻才到那一半的年头 |
[00:31] | but I bet you know your husband as well as you know yourself. | 但我打赌你对你丈夫就像对自己一样了解 |
[00:33] | – Am I right? – Yes, I do. | -我说得对吗 -对 是这样 |
[00:36] | Well, I know Francis Underwood. | 我了解弗兰西斯·安德伍德 |
[00:39] | I know what keeps him up at night. | 我知道什么让他夜不能寐 |
[00:41] | And I’m sure it’s the same thing that keeps your husbands up, too. | 我确信那原因跟你们的丈夫一样 |
[00:44] | The future. How can I ensure a better future for my family? | 是未来 我要怎么给家庭带来更美好的未来 |
[00:49] | Except… Francis, as President… | 但是 弗兰西斯 作为总统… |
[00:53] | his focus is on the progress of all American families. | 他的关注着全美国的家庭 |
[00:57] | You know what he said to me last night? | 你们知道他昨晚跟我说什么吗 |
[00:58] | He said, “Claire, my entire presidential agenda, it’s very simple. | 他说”克莱尔 我整个总统工作目标很简单 |
[01:03] | I want to be able to look every single American in the eye, | 我想看着每一个美国人的眼睛 |
[01:06] | and know that I have made their lives better.” | 知道自己让他们过得更好了” |
[01:09] | Yes. | 请讲 |
[01:11] | I have to say, Mrs. Underwood, | 我得说 安德伍德夫人 |
[01:13] | I find you very charming. | 我觉得您很有魅力 |
[01:15] | And you seem quite honest. | 看起来也很诚实 |
[01:18] | But I have trouble believing | 但我无法相信 |
[01:19] | that your husband truly cares about people. | 您丈夫真的关心人民 |
[01:23] | Well, Francis Underwood is a good man. | 弗兰西斯·安德伍德是个好人 |
[01:26] | He’s dedicated and generous. | 他甘于奉献 慷慨大方 |
[01:29] | And I have 28 years of proof. | 我有28年的亲身经历为证 |
[01:31] | And I can honestly say, even if I wasn’t married to him, | 而且我可以说 即使我没嫁给他 |
[01:34] | he would definitely have my vote. | 也会投票给他 |
[01:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[01:38] | Negligence. Nepotism. | 渎职 任人唯亲 |
[01:42] | Misappropriation of federal funds. | 侵吞联邦基金 |
[01:44] | A foreign policy fiasco and loose with the truth. | 外交政策失败 还有隐瞒事实 |
[01:48] | What do these five fingers have in common? | 这五根指头共同指向哪里 |
[01:50] | Francis J. Underwood. | 弗兰西斯·J·安德伍德 |
[01:52] | Mr. King, I would like to respond to that. | 金先生 我想回应一下 |
[01:54] | This is a man who believes in the rule of law-ish. | 此人藐视法律 |
[01:58] | The legislative process-ish. The Constitution-ish. | 不顾立法程序 罔顾宪法 |
[02:02] | Is this the man who should be president? | 这样的人应该当总统吗 |
[02:04] | Ms. Dunbar, like any good lawyer, | 邓巴女士 你像个好律师那样 |
[02:06] | you have a knack for rhetoric-ish. | 有绝佳的辞令 |
[02:09] | But the American people are tired of words. | 但美国人民听够空话了 |
[02:11] | What they crave is action. | 他们渴望的是实际行动 |
[02:14] | My concern about focusing on the com.funword.word, “action,” | 我担心我强调”行动”这个词 |
[02:16] | is that she’ll just come back with failed actions. | 她会用失败的行动回击 |
[02:19] | America Works, the UN mission. | 《美国就业法案》 联合国维和任务 |
[02:21] | “Action” performed well with key demos in our last poll. | “行动”在上轮民调的关键人群中反响不错 |
[02:24] | Yes, but doesn’t this take us off message? | 是 但这不会偏离主题吗 |
[02:26] | We have been saying, “A vote for Frank Underwood | 我们一直说 “支持弗兰克·安德伍德 |
[02:28] | is a vote for America Works.” | 就是支持《美国就业法案》” |
[02:30] | That’s what we’ve been running on. | 我们一直在宣传那个 |
[02:32] | You need a com.funword.word that goes beyond America Works. | 你得找一个比《美国就业法案》更广的词 |
[02:34] | Something that can be used for anything. | 任何情况都能用的 |
[02:36] | Remy, what do you think? | 雷米 你怎么看 |
[02:39] | We’re talking about the com.funword.word, “action.” | 我们在讨论”行动”这个词 |
[02:41] | Sorry, I was, uh… | 抱歉 我刚刚… |
[02:43] | my mind was on the foreign policy argument. | 我在想外交政策的论点 |
[02:45] | – I was just thinking ahead. – What about “vision”? | -我想提前考虑好 -“愿景”怎么样 |
[02:47] | Isn’t that too generic? | 不会太泛泛了吗 |
[02:49] | That’s what we want. I mean, the more generic, the better. | 就是这目的啊 越概括越好 |
[02:51] | People can project anything they want on “vision.” | 人们可以把任何事投射到”愿景”上 |
[02:54] | I’ll get it polled before tomorrow. | 我明天之前做好民调 |
[02:56] | We should work on Sharp next. | 下面该准备与夏普的辩论了 |
[02:57] | You want me to play her? | 要我扮她吗 |
[02:58] | Thank you for taking your role so seriously, Donald. | 谢谢你这么认真地扮演 唐纳德 |
[03:01] | You should consider a career on the stage. | 你应该考虑当演员 |
[03:04] | Because he sure as hell isn’t gonna be on my ticket. | 因为他是别想跟我竞选了 |
[03:10] | You’re good at this. They loved you. | 你做这个很厉害 她们都喜欢你 |
[03:13] | Three decades of campaigns, you learn how to read an audience. | 竞选三十年 就知道怎么观察听众了 |
[03:16] | Self-promotion gives me hives. | 我受不了自我推销 |
[03:18] | Honestly, I don’t know how you do it. | 真不知道你怎么做到的 |
[03:19] | I’m promoting my husband, not myself. | 我是在推销我丈夫 不是我自己 |
[03:22] | That’s a convenient way to spin it, don’t you think? | 这借口真方便啊 |
[03:25] | Are you always this blunt? | 你说话一向这么直白吗 |
[03:27] | I only have two days to tag along. | 我只能再随行两天了 |
[03:29] | Mind if I ride with you, since we have so little time? | 介意我跟你一车吗 我们时间挺紧的 |
[03:32] | I need to make some calls. Maybe we’ll find some time later. | 我得打几个电话 也许以后吧 |
[03:46] | Remy, you were distracted earlier. What’s going on? | 雷米 你之前走神了 怎么回事 |
[03:51] | Nothing. Everything’s good. | 没什么 一切都好 |
[03:52] | I need you on your A-game, Remy. | 我需要你拿出最佳表现 雷米 |
[03:54] | This debate could make us the front-runner. | 这场辩论可能让我们领先 |
[03:57] | It’s just between the campaign and managing the White House, | 只是又要竞选 又要管理白宫 |
[03:59] | I’m a little burnt out. | 我有点精疲力尽了 |
[04:00] | We still have months to go. A year before the general. | 我们还有好几个月要忙 普选前还有一年 |
[04:03] | It’s temporary. I’ll get past it. | 只是暂时的 我会好起来 |
[04:05] | If you can do it, I can. | 你能做到 我也能 |
[04:49] | Gavin? | 嘉文 |
[04:51] | – Hello, Douglas. – What do you want? | -你好 道格拉斯 -你想怎么样 |
[04:53] | You still can’t believe she’s dead, can you? | 你还是不肯相信她死了 对吗 |
[04:58] | Well, you shouldn’t. ‘Cause she’s not. | 你不该信 因为她没死 |
[05:01] | She’s alive, and I know exactly where she is. | 她还活着 我知道她的确切住址 |
[05:05] | I’ve known for a while. | 我早就知道了 |
[05:06] | – What? – Look on your laptop. | -什么 -看你的电脑 |
[05:19] | No, you… you showed me the picture. | 不可能 你给我看过照片 |
[05:25] | – Of her body. – That wasn’t her. | -她尸体的照片 -那不是她 |
[05:27] | I forged it all so you’d lift my passport lock. | 全是我伪造的 好让你给我的护照解锁 |
[05:31] | Well, I’m out now, Doug. | 我已经逃出来了 道格 |
[05:33] | And I’m safe. But my friend isn’t. | 我很安全 但我朋友仍有危险 |
[05:37] | Talk to Green. | 去找格林 |
[05:38] | Get him the same deal you got me, all charges dropped. | 给他拿到跟我一样的协议 撤销所有起诉 |
[05:42] | You do that, and I’ll tell you where she is. | 你照做 我就告诉你她在哪 |
[08:47] | – Hey, Meechum. – Sir. | -密查姆 -先生 |
[08:50] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[08:51] | Thank you for coming all the way to Andrews. | 感谢你赶来安德鲁空军基地 |
[08:53] | Did Remy walk you through the broad strokes? | 雷米跟你说过总体方案了吗 |
[08:56] | No matter the policy question, foreign or domestic, | 不论是国际还是国内的政策问题 |
[08:59] | we hammer Dunbar’s lack of experience. | 我们都抨击邓巴经验不足 |
[09:00] | We bludgeon it. | 要猛烈攻击 |
[09:01] | We cannot say “lack of experience” enough. | 尽可能地强调”经验不足” |
[09:04] | And no doubt, she’ll bring up Claire’s recess appointment, | 毫无疑问 她会提起克莱尔休会任命一事 |
[09:07] | where I can’t take the bait, so I leave that entirely to you. | 我不能发表看法 所以这个话题就交给你 |
[09:10] | This was one of the things that I was hoping to discuss. | 这正是我想跟你讨论的问题之一 |
[09:13] | Oh, you don’t want to call her “sexist”? | 你不想说她性别歧视吗 |
[09:15] | – The argument doesn’t hold. – It does hold. | -这论点站不住脚 -能站住脚 |
[09:17] | She says that Claire was unqualified. | 她说克莱尔不胜任那份工作 |
[09:19] | You say she wouldn’t say that about a man with the same CV. | 你说换了有同样履历的男人她就不会那么说 |
[09:23] | I’m not sure that’s true. | 我觉得这未必 |
[09:24] | And calling another woman sexist | 而且指责另一位女性性别歧视 |
[09:26] | when there’s a man on the stage– | 特别是台上还有一位男性 |
[09:27] | And who else is better but you | 没有比你更合适的人选 |
[09:28] | to call her out on what she’s done for women, | 指责她在女性问题上 |
[09:31] | which is absolutely nothing? | 根本无所作为 |
[09:32] | Whereas gender-equality legislation is one of your hallmarks. | 而通过立法促进性别平等是你的标志之一 |
[09:36] | But it could hurt me more than it hurts her. | 但这对我的伤害可能远大于对她 |
[09:40] | I thought we had an understanding. | 我以为我们已达成共识 |
[09:41] | You were gonna play pit bull while I play presidential. | 你咄咄逼人 我保持气度 |
[09:44] | Will you get a little bloody? Yes, probably. | 你会惹火上身吗 对 有可能 |
[09:47] | But that’s what people want in their debates. | 但这不就是辩论的目的吗 |
[09:49] | And then you and I together, we bury her. | 然后你与我携手 我们一起埋了她 |
[09:51] | You drop out next week, endorse me | 再下个星期你退选 转而支持我 |
[09:53] | and the race is over. | 竞选就此结束 |
[09:54] | I have no problem being forceful. | 我不介意当打手 |
[09:56] | But this sexism thing, and the whole school argument, I– | 但这个性别歧视 还有择校的问题 |
[10:00] | You mean her kids. | 你是说她的孩子 |
[10:01] | I really don’t want to involve them. | 我真的不想把他们扯进来 |
[10:03] | We have two things we want the American people to hear: | 有两点我们希望美国人民知道 |
[10:06] | she lacks experience | 她经验不足 |
[10:07] | and she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. | 还有她含着金钥匙出生 |
[10:09] | But there has to be another way. | 但肯定还有别的办法 |
[10:10] | She wants to trumpet an equal playing field? | 她想鼓吹同一起跑线 |
[10:13] | Then why does she send her own kids to private school? | 那她为什么还送自己的孩子上私立学校 |
[10:16] | That is a clear and simple argument | 这是一个简单清晰的观点 |
[10:18] | that everyone can get their heads around. | 所有人都能明白 |
[10:20] | And it doesn’t hurt | 而且加分的是 |
[10:21] | that Iowa’s biggest employer is the public school system. | 爱荷华州最大的雇佣单位就是公立学校系统 |
[10:23] | Alan sends his kids to private school. | 艾伦也送他的孩子上私立学校 |
[10:27] | Yeah, but they’re not your kids. | 对 但他们不是你的孩子 |
[10:28] | They’re my step-kids. And that makes me a hypocrite. | 我是他们的继母 我会被批为伪君子 |
[10:35] | Is that really what you’re concerned about? | 这才是你真正在意的吗 |
[10:37] | Being a hypocrite? | 被称为伪君子 |
[10:40] | It’s my family. | 这事关我的家人 |
[10:42] | Oh, trust me, they’ll understand | 相信我 等他们走进白宫 |
[10:44] | the moment they step into the White House. | 就会理解你的 |
[10:47] | Jackie, I really shouldn’t have to convince you | 杰姬 真不该用我来说服你 |
[10:49] | to do what it takes to get a set of keys. | 为住进那里无所不用其极 |
[10:54] | I’ll be the pit bull, Mr. President. | 我会咄咄逼人的 总统先生 |
[10:56] | Thank you, Jackie. | 谢谢你 杰姬 |
[11:00] | – Are we all clear? – The press has boarded, sir. | -可以了吗 -媒体已经登机 先生 |
[11:02] | – All right, make sure no one sees her. – Yes, sir. | -好 确保没人看到她 -是 先生 |
[11:04] | Flight time to Des Moines today will be two hours… | 今天飞往得梅因将用时两小时 |
[11:07] | Such a pity how much ruthless pragmatism | 真是可惜 她的坚决务实 |
[11:09] | gets weighed down by family values. | 被家庭价值观拖了后腿 |
[11:12] | Without her doctor and his pimply-faced brood, | 要是没有她那位医生和满脸粉刺的孩子 |
[11:14] | she could soar as high as this plane. | 她本可一飞冲天 |
[11:17] | Oh, I know, the marriage was my idea. Don’t remind me. | 我知道让她结婚是我的主意 不用你提醒 |
[11:30] | Doug. | 道格 |
[11:32] | – You okay? – Yeah. I’m all right. | -你没事吧 -我没事 |
[11:36] | What, did you get locked out or something? | 怎么了 被锁在门外了吗 |
[11:38] | I felt the need to drink. | 我之前想喝酒 |
[11:41] | I got this far and I stopped myself. | 我走到这儿 然后阻止了自己 |
[11:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:47] | I wanted you to see it. | 我想让你看到 |
[11:49] | That I could control it. | 我可以控制自己 |
[11:54] | You wanna go back up? | 你想回去吗 |
[11:57] | Yeah. | 好 |
[12:15] | I know it looks crazy. | 我知道这看起来很过激 |
[12:18] | But I had to do it. | 但我必须那么做 |
[12:20] | Why? | 为什么 |
[12:23] | There was this girl… before the injury. | 有个女孩 我受伤之前认识的 |
[12:28] | She left me. So I started drinking. | 她离开了我 然后我开始酗酒 |
[12:33] | I tried to shut her out, | 我试过忘记她 |
[12:34] | but I just kept checking my e-mails, my text messages. | 但我还是忍不住去查邮件和短信 |
[12:40] | It needed to stop. | 不能再那样下去了 |
[12:43] | Who was she? | 她是谁 |
[12:47] | You know what? That’s okay. | 算了 没关系 |
[12:51] | Doesn’t matter. | 无所谓了 |
[12:54] | What matters is that you got pushed to the edge today | 重要的是 你今天被推到悬崖边 |
[12:56] | and you didn’t fall off. | 却没掉下去 |
[12:59] | You did what you had to do. | 你做了你该做的 |
[13:02] | I don’t judge you for it. | 我不因此指责你 |
[13:05] | And I don’t think it’s crazy. | 我也不觉得这过激 |
[13:34] | We could’ve met somewhere a little warmer. | 我们本可以在暖和点的地方见面 |
[13:37] | Walmart wanted to knock this down, build a store here. | 沃尔玛想把这片拆光 建起超市 |
[13:40] | – But the community put a stop to it. – I know. | -但是被社区阻止了 -我知道 |
[13:43] | Because they wouldn’t give a tax credit | 因为他们不答应税收抵免 |
[13:44] | unless entry-level wages were higher. | 除非最低工资标准提高 |
[13:46] | So which is better? A shitty job, or no job? | 一份糟透了的工作和没有工作 哪个更好 |
[13:49] | – Well, I think I know your answer. – Don’t be so sure. | -我想我知道你的答案 -别那么肯定 |
[13:52] | Jackie, you have repeatedly | 杰姬 你一再反对 |
[13:54] | opposed the minimum-wage and CEO salary bill | 我想让领导层推行的 |
[13:56] | I asked the leadership to introduce. | 《最低工资和高管薪酬标准法案》 |
[13:58] | I’ve put a lot of thought into it. | 我考虑了很多 |
[14:00] | This community took a stand. | 这个社区表明了它的立场 |
[14:02] | If enough of them do, Congress won’t have a choice but to act. | 如果足够多的人站出来 国会只能行动 |
[14:04] | Are we here to talk about legislation? | 我们是为了讨论立法而来的吗 |
[14:07] | Because we both have a debate in six hours. | 因为我们六个小时后就都要参加辩论了 |
[14:11] | I want to endorse you. | 我想支持你 |
[14:14] | I’ll lay off you tonight. You and I attack Underwood. | 今晚我不攻击你 我们一起攻击安德伍德 |
[14:17] | In three days, I’ll drop out and endorse. | 三天后 我退出并支持你 |
[14:21] | We haven’t even had the first caucus. | 第一次党团会议还没开过呢 |
[14:22] | You two are neck-and-neck. | 你们俩势均力敌 |
[14:23] | I have 14 points in Iowa, twelve in New Hampshire. | 我在爱荷华有14% 新罕布什尔是12% |
[14:27] | You get my people, you have a clear win in both states. | 你得到我选民的支持 就能在两个州稳赢 |
[14:32] | My endorsement is valuable. | 我的支持是很宝贵的 |
[14:34] | How much does Underwood value it? | 那安德伍德有多看重呢 |
[14:35] | – Highly. – What did he offer you? | -非常看重 -他开出什么条件 |
[14:40] | I’m more interested in what you have to offer. | 我更想知道你能开出什么价码 |
[14:44] | Did he promise a cabinet position? | 他保证给你内阁席位 |
[14:48] | More than that? | 还不止吗 |
[14:52] | He offered to put you on the ticket, didn’t he? | 他要带你一起竞选 是吗 |
[14:55] | I wouldn’t expect to be on your ticket, Heather. | 我不指望你会带我竞选 希瑟 |
[14:57] | You need a Southerner with a penis. | 你需要个带把儿的南方人 |
[15:00] | I was thinking Secretary of Defense, given my war record. | 考虑到我的战争经验 我想要国防部长 |
[15:03] | But I’d be open to other ideas. | 但其他的我也愿考虑 |
[15:08] | I would love your support, Jackie, but I offer you nothing. | 有你支持当然好 杰姬 但我不能给你什么 |
[15:13] | But… this is an easy win. | 但是…这能轻巧取胜 |
[15:16] | I’m not gonna start selling off cabinet positions | 我不会还没入主白宫 |
[15:18] | before I’ve won the White House. | 就出售内阁席位 |
[15:20] | Those decisions will be based purely on merit. | 这种决定应该完全按资质做出 |
[15:24] | If I’m gonna lock up this nomination for you, | 我要是帮你拿下了提名 |
[15:26] | I deserve to be compensated. | 就理应得到报酬 |
[15:28] | I plan on winning, Jackie. Just… not your way. | 我想获胜 杰姬 只是方法与你不同 |
[15:32] | And with or without your support. | 不管你支不支持我 |
[15:36] | Then I’m sticking with Underwood. | 那我可就跟安德伍德一条心了 |
[15:37] | You do what you have to do. | 你做你该做的吧 |
[15:58] | Is Jackie in here? | 杰姬在吗 |
[16:01] | Hi, Bob. | 鲍勃 |
[16:03] | Sorry I’m late. | 不好意思我来晚了 |
[16:05] | – How did your surgery go? – Terrible. | -手术进行得如何 -糟透了 |
[16:07] | The patient almost didn’t make it. | 病人差点没挺过去 |
[16:09] | But he’s alive? | 但是他还活着 |
[16:10] | She. And yeah. Stable condition. | 是她 还活着 情况稳定了 |
[16:14] | It means so much to me that you came. | 你能来对我意义重大 |
[16:16] | All done. | 妆化好了 |
[16:18] | – Do you like? – It’s good. Thank you. | -还满意吗 -很不错 谢谢 |
[16:23] | – So, how’d it go with–? – Thanks. | -那什么怎么样了 -谢谢 |
[16:30] | What’d she offer? | 她开出什么条件 |
[16:32] | Nothing. | 什么都没有 |
[16:34] | – Nothing at all? – I know, I was surprised, too. | -完全没有吗 -是啊 我也没想到 |
[16:36] | It’s foolish. She could lock this up. | 太不明智了 她本可锁定胜局 |
[16:39] | I have to say, I almost… respect it. | 但不得不承认 我几乎心生敬意 |
[16:42] | Anyway, you were right. | 不管怎样 你是对的 |
[16:45] | Stick with the devil you know. | 忠于你了解的那个魔鬼 |
[16:49] | Are the kids watching tonight? | 孩子们今晚会看辩论吗 |
[16:52] | Yeah. They’ve got all their friends over at the house. | 会的 他们把朋友都叫到家里了 |
[16:55] | Listen, the ki– | 那个 孩子… |
[16:58] | What? | 怎么了 |
[17:01] | Nothing. How do I look? | 没什么 我看起来怎么样 |
[17:05] | I’d throw you on that bed right now | 我想立马把你扔到床上 |
[17:08] | if it wouldn’t mess up your hair. | 可惜会弄乱你的头发 |
[17:13] | Watch me prep. | 看我准备吧 |
[17:14] | You can mess up my hair all you want after the debate. | 辩论结束之后你想怎么弄乱我头发都随你 |
[17:25] | – She’s here. – There she is. | -她来了 -她来了 |
[17:36] | Quiet, guys. Quiet, guys. Here she comes. | 安静 安静 她来了 |
[17:39] | Quiet, quiet! | 安静 |
[17:49] | Thank you. Thank you. Hello, everyone! | 谢谢 感谢你们 大家好 |
[17:53] | Thank all of you so very much | 非常感谢大家 |
[17:56] | for working so hard to make sure we take New Hampshire. | 为我们能拿下新罕布什尔这么努力 |
[18:02] | It is field offices like this that win primaries, | 正是这样的办事处能让我们赢得初选 |
[18:05] | and the president wants you to know | 总统想让大家知道 |
[18:06] | how much your dedication means to us. | 你们的奉献对我们来说多么重要 |
[18:08] | Thank you so much. Thank you. | 真的感谢大家 谢谢 |
[18:11] | Now, who’s ready to watch a debate? | 谁想看辩论 |
[18:14] | There is a large crowd here in Sioux City tonight. | 在苏城 人们齐聚一堂 |
[18:16] | I would say potential voters, but of course, here in Iowa, | 我想说潜在选民 但当然在爱荷华 |
[18:20] | citizens caucus instead of vote, | 市民们是通过党团会议而非投票的方式初选 |
[18:21] | and many of the people here in this room | 而今天到场的许多人 |
[18:23] | will be doing just that on January 15th. | 都会参加1月15日的党团会议 |
[18:26] | A CNN ORC poll has it | 一份CNN民意调查显示 |
[18:28] | as a tight race between the two front-runners. | 目前两名领跑者的支持率不相上下 |
[18:30] | Heather Dunbar at 32 percent. | 希瑟·邓巴的支持率为32% |
[18:33] | President Frank Underwood at 30 percent. | 弗兰克·安德伍德总统的支持率为30% |
[18:35] | Congresswoman Jackie Sharp trails in third at 14 percent. | 杰姬·夏普议员女士以14%排在第三位 |
[18:39] | Twenty-two percent remain undecided. | 还有22%尚未决定 |
[18:41] | You can switch it. | 你可以换台 |
[18:44] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[18:46] | Unless you want to watch. | 除非你想看 |
[18:47] | No, I thought you would. | 不 我以为你想看 |
[18:49] | It’s your last night here. | 这是你在这里的最后一晚 |
[18:51] | I want to spend it with my brother, | 我想和我哥哥一起度过 |
[18:53] | not Frank Underwood. | 而不是弗兰克·安德伍德 |
[18:55] | What do you want to watch instead? | 那你想看什么 |
[18:56] | Anything. Whatever you want. | 随便 你想看的就行 |
[18:59] | …promising universal employment, | …保证全民就业 |
[19:01] | and on Israeli Palestinian relations… | 而在巴以关系上… |
[19:02] | Oh, shit. Have you ever seen Contagion? | 天 你看过《传染病》吗 |
[19:06] | No. | 没有 |
[19:07] | If you’re a clean freak, | 如果你有洁癖 |
[19:08] | this’ll definitely make you a germ freak. | 这片子绝对能让你更加洁癖 |
[19:11] | – I love this movie. – Go for it. | -我爱死这部电影了 -那就看吧 |
[19:21] | Welcome to the first | 欢迎收看CNN举办的 |
[19:22] | Democratic nomination debate hosted by CNN. | 第一场民主党提名辩论会 |
[19:25] | Our candidates tonight: Frank Underwood, | 今晚的候选人为 弗兰克·安德伍德 |
[19:27] | Jackie Sharp, and Heather Dunbar. | 杰姬·夏普和希瑟·邓巴 |
[19:29] | I’m John King and I’ll be your moderator tonight. | 我是约翰·金 今晚你们的调解人 |
[19:31] | Our debate will be divided in two parts, | 辩论分为两个部分 |
[19:33] | the first part focusing on foreign policy, | 第一部分聚焦外交政策 |
[19:36] | part two focusing on the domestic agenda. | 第二部分则着重于国内政策 |
[19:38] | And our format will be as follows: | 辩论形式如下 |
[19:40] | I will ask one candidate a question. | 我会向每位候选人提一个问题 |
[19:42] | That candidate will have one minute to answer. | 候选人有一分钟时间来回答 |
[19:44] | After that, all of our candidates can engage in an open conversation | 随后 所有候选人可以进行五分钟的 |
[19:48] | lasting for five minutes. | 自由讨论 |
[19:49] | We begin, though, with opening statements. | 首先请各位候选人进行开场陈述 |
[19:51] | And by lottery, it was decided | 经抽签决定 |
[19:53] | that President Underwood goes first. | 先从安德伍德总统开始 |
[19:54] | – Mr. President. – Thank you. And good evening, John, | -总统先生 -谢谢 晚上好 约翰 |
[19:56] | good evening to my fellow candidates, | 另外两位候选人晚上好 |
[19:58] | and to the good people of Sioux City. | 苏城的好市民们晚上好 |
[20:01] | This nomination comes down to one com.funword.word: vision. | 这次提名归根结底就是一个词 愿景 |
[20:05] | I believe that I have shown a clear vision to this country | 我相信我已经通过《美国就业法案》向全国人民 |
[20:09] | with America Works, | 展现了一个清晰的愿景 |
[20:10] | the most comprehensive jobs program in nearly a century. | 它是近一个世纪以来最全面的就业计划 |
[20:14] | We showed it could work in Washington DC. | 我们已经证明该法案在华盛顿取得了成功 |
[20:17] | We need now to take what we did there and spread it nationwide, | 现在我们需要将我们的成功推广到全国 |
[20:21] | so that the American dream can become the American reality. | 这样美国梦就能真正美梦成真 |
[20:25] | But that vision isn’t enough on its own. | 但是光有愿景还不够 |
[20:28] | You need someone with experience to make it happen. | 你们需要一个有经验的人来实现这份愿景 |
[20:32] | And between my time in Congress and now at the White House, | 考虑到我在国会和白宫的经历 |
[20:35] | I have more experience than both of my opponents combined. | 我的经验比两位对手加起来还要丰富 |
[20:39] | And, uh, when you hire someone for a job, | 当你考虑雇佣一个人的时候 |
[20:42] | are you gonna hire someone with 30 years’ experience, | 你是会选择有三十年工作经验的人 |
[20:44] | or someone with less than ten | 还是不到十年工作经验的人 |
[20:46] | or someone with no experience at all? | 还是完全没有经验的人 |
[20:48] | Where I come from down south, | 在我南方老家那边 |
[20:50] | we call that as clear as a glass of moonshine. | 我们管这种情况叫做显而易见 |
[20:57] | Former Solicitor General Dunbar is next. | 接下来有请前副检察长邓巴女士 |
[20:59] | – Your opening statement, please. – Thank you, John. | -致开场陈述 -谢谢 约翰 |
[21:01] | And thank you Iowa. | 也感谢爱荷华人民 |
[21:03] | Well, I agree with the President. | 我同意总统刚才所说的 |
[21:06] | Vision and experience are exactly what America needs. | 愿景和经验正是美国人民需要的 |
[21:11] | Unfortunately, | 不幸的是 |
[21:11] | he has the wrong vision and horrendous experience. | 他拥有的是错误的愿景和糟糕的经验 |
[21:16] | You can call America Works visionary, but in truth, | 你可以说《美国就业法案》有远见 但实际上 |
[21:19] | it is just an ultra-conservative agenda | 它只是一个存在了数十年的 |
[21:22] | that’s been around for decades. | 极其保守的议程 |
[21:24] | Dismantle the safety net and hang people out to dry. | 瓦解安全保障 让人们自生自灭 |
[21:27] | As for the President’s experience, | 至于总统先生的经验 |
[21:29] | he was in the leadership during | 他在领导层在任期间 |
[21:31] | one of the most ineffective decades in Congressional history. | 正值国会历史上最低效的时期之一 |
[21:35] | As president, he has failed at everything he’s done. | 作为总统 他经手的每一件事都失败了 |
[21:38] | America Works was illegal in the minds | 《美国就业法案》在包括我在内的 |
[21:40] | of many legal experts, myself included. | 许多法律专业人士看来都是违法的 |
[21:43] | His Jordan Valley plan was a disaster. | 他的约旦河谷计划彻底失败 |
[21:46] | If that’s what you call experience, | 如果你把这些称为经验 |
[21:49] | you’re not just padding the résumé, you are fabricating it. | 那你不仅是在美化履历 而是伪造履历了 |
[21:53] | President Underwood isn’t presenting us with a vision, | 安德伍德总统并不是在向我们展示愿景 |
[21:56] | he is convincing himself of his own delusion. | 而是在说服自己相信自己的妄想 |
[22:00] | Now, my vision is to tackle corporate greed, | 我的愿景则是遏制大企业的贪婪 |
[22:04] | raise pay for those who need it most, | 为最需要的人们提高薪酬 |
[22:07] | and create jobs by growing the economy, | 通过刺激经济增长制造就业 |
[22:09] | not robbing people of their retirement and health care. | 而不是抢劫人民的退休金和医保 |
[22:13] | My experience is 20 years defending the Constitution. | 我的经验是二十年捍卫宪法的经历 |
[22:18] | You know when I take my presidential oath, | 所以你们可以肯定 当我宣誓就职时 |
[22:21] | I will mean every com.funword.word of it. | 我会遵守誓言的每一个字 |
[22:27] | Ms. Dunbar, thank you. Congresswoman Sharp, | 邓巴女士 谢谢 夏普众议员女士 |
[22:30] | – your opening statement, please. – Thank you. | -你的开场陈述 -谢谢 |
[22:32] | As many of you know, I am a US Army veteran. | 很多人都知道我曾是一名美国军人 |
[22:36] | Now, I’ve seen firsthand the great sacrifices | 我曾亲睹我的战友们 |
[22:39] | my fellow servicemen and women have made defending this country. | 为守卫这个国家做出的伟大牺牲 |
[22:43] | But how can we ask them to protect a system | 但我怎能让他们去保卫这个 |
[22:47] | that isn’t protecting us? | 没在保护我们的系统 |
[22:49] | Take women, for example. | 比如说女性 |
[22:50] | There are two women at this debate running for president. | 这儿有两名女性参与了总统竞选 |
[22:53] | That’s extraordinary. But out in the general workforce? | 十分了不起 可是在普通工作场合呢 |
[22:57] | Women earn 77 cents on the dollar compared to men. | 男性赚一美元而女性只能赚77美分 |
[23:02] | Even worse is minority women earning 67 cents on the dollar. | 少数裔女性甚至只有67美分 |
[23:07] | Now, Ms. Dunbar can talk about balancing the scales, | 邓巴女士可以高谈阔论缩小贫富差距 |
[23:11] | but she inherited a multi-billion-dollar fortune | 但她继承了亿万家产 |
[23:15] | and never had to earn any cents on the dollar. | 从未需要去努力赚一分钱 |
[23:19] | Now, I don’t agree with everything | 我不认同安德伍德总统 |
[23:21] | that President Underwood has done or proposes, | 所做或是提议的所有事 |
[23:23] | but at least he knows what it means to work for a living. | 但至少他知道为生活辛苦打拼的滋味 |
[23:26] | I can give you even better than that. | 我还能带给你们更多 |
[23:29] | I know what it means to fight for a living. | 我知道为生活斗争的滋味 |
[23:32] | And I will fight for fairness here at home | 我将在国内努力为公平而战 |
[23:35] | just as fiercely as I fought our enemies overseas. | 正如我当初在海外与敌人拼死斗争 |
[23:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:41] | Thank you, Congresswoman. | 谢谢 议员女士 |
[23:42] | Let’s move to part one: foreign policy. | 我们开始第一部分 对外政策 |
[23:44] | And the first question is for you, Mr. President. | 第一个问题是给您的 总统先生 |
[23:46] | Given the recent volatile events in the Jordan Valley, | 鉴于近期约旦河谷多变的形势 |
[23:48] | do you still believe it was correct | 您仍然认为集结 |
[23:50] | to assemble the United Nations coalition and to intervene, | 联合国多国军队进行干预 是正确的决定吗 |
[23:52] | or is it time now to call that intervention a mistake? | 或者我们该承认此次行动是错误的 |
[23:55] | Well, I will answer that question, John, | 我会回答这个问题的 约翰 |
[23:57] | but I’d like to address first | 但我首先需要反驳 |
[23:58] | something Ms. Dunbar said a few moments ago. | 邓巴女士刚刚说的一些话 |
[24:00] | America Works is not some stale, old, conservative agenda. | 《美国就业法案》不是陈旧保守的议程 |
[24:04] | You name me one Republican | 你能说出一个共和党人 |
[24:06] | who has suggested using federal funds | 曾建议我们拿联邦基金 |
[24:08] | to guarantee jobs for every American | 为每一个想要工作的美国人 |
[24:11] | who wants one and I will eat my hat. | 提供工作 我就把帽子吃了 |
[24:14] | This isn’t about dismantling government. It is about– | 这不是在瓦解政府 这是在… |
[24:16] | Aren’t we supposed to be talking about foreign policy? | 我们不是该讨论对外政策吗 |
[24:20] | Yeah, I will. But first, | 我会谈到的 但首先 |
[24:21] | – I’d like to correct… – because it’s easier to talk about | -我想纠正一下… -因为谈论 |
[24:23] | America Works | 《美国就业法案》 |
[24:24] | than to defend your indefensible UN mission. | 比维护你站不住脚的联合国行动更容易 |
[24:26] | At least I have a record to defend, Ms. Dunbar. | 至少我有可维护的过去 邓巴女士 |
[24:28] | Speaking of your record, Mr. President, | 说到过去 总统先生 |
[24:30] | you went on record saying you wouldn’t run for president. | 您曾公开表明不会竞选总统 |
[24:34] | – And yet here you are. – John, it seems that | -可却还是参选了 -约翰 看起来 |
[24:35] | your very thoughtful rules have gone out the window. | 你精心制定的规则已经失效了 |
[24:37] | You have no respect for rules, Mr. President. | 您对规则毫不尊重 总统先生 |
[24:39] | Take FEMA, for example. | 比如联邦应急管理署 |
[24:41] | Oh, you want to talk about FEMA now | 你现在要说联邦应急管理署 |
[24:42] | instead of foreign policy. | 而非对外政策了吗 |
[24:44] | I am just following your lead, sir. | 我只是顺着您的话往下接 |
[24:46] | See what a mess we get into | 看我们在您的领导下 |
[24:47] | when we follow your brand of leadership? | 陷入怎样的混乱啊 |
[24:50] | Well, I must admit that Ms. Dunbar | 我必须承认 邓巴女士 |
[24:52] | does have many years of experience | 确实在辞令华丽的辩论方面 |
[24:54] | making rhetorical arguments in court. | 有多年经验 |
[24:57] | You’ve just seen proof of that today. | 今天看到的就是最好的证明 |
[25:00] | But serving the American people is not about what you say, | 可是服务美国人民并非靠口头上的功夫 |
[25:03] | it’s about what you do. | 而在于行动 |
[25:05] | And I would ask: what have you ever done? | 我想问 你做了什么 |
[25:08] | I have to agree that Ms. Dunbar’s lack of experience is a concern. | 我同意 邓巴女士经验的缺乏令人担心 |
[25:12] | I find it ironic that the president talks about | 总统居然提起经验的重要性 |
[25:14] | the importance of experience, | 讽刺的是 |
[25:15] | given the fact that he appointed his wife UN ambassador | 他任命了毫无任何资质的妻子 |
[25:18] | despite her utter lack of credentials. | 为联合国大使 |
[25:21] | That’s a sexist comment. | 这是性别歧视 |
[25:23] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[25:24] | You wouldn’t be making that argument | 如果是一名女性总统任命自己的丈夫 |
[25:26] | if a female president had appointed her husband. | 你肯定不会这么说 |
[25:29] | A husband with the same lack of international affairs experience | 一个像克莱尔·安德伍德那样缺乏 |
[25:32] | as Claire Underwood? Yes, I would. | 外交经验的丈夫吗 我还是会的 |
[25:33] | In fact, it makes me question your advocacy for women in general. | 事实上 这让我质疑你对于女性的支持 |
[25:37] | Well, that’s ridiculous. | 真荒谬 |
[25:39] | What have you done to further gender equality? | 你在推动性别平等方面做过什么 |
[25:42] | What have you done to balance the scales? | 你在缩小贫富差距方面做过什么 |
[25:45] | That’s your slogan, and yet | 那是你的口号 |
[25:46] | you’ve left half of the population out of the mix. | 可你却无视了一半的人口 |
[25:49] | But that is simply not true. | 事实不是这样的 |
[25:50] | Can, can you name one specific thing? | 你能说出一件事吗 |
[25:52] | Yes, I can. Being a woman, who has served as Solicitor General, | 当然 我是史上少有的 |
[25:56] | one of the few in the history of the court. | 曾担任过副检察长的女性 |
[25:58] | Well, that advanced your interests, | 这符合你个人的利益 |
[26:00] | but what did that do for 150 million women out there? | 可那对于1.5亿女性有什么用呢 |
[26:03] | The very fact that a woman can hold that position– | 身为女性能够担任这样的职位 |
[26:05] | – So you are a symbol. – In a way, yes, I suppose I am. | -那么你是一种象征 -某种程度上我是 |
[26:08] | Me and many other women, including yourself– | 包括你在内的很多女性 |
[26:11] | Okay, but how does that get us | 可这样能够让我们 |
[26:13] | from 77 cents on the dollar to 100? | 从挣77美分变成一美元吗 |
[26:15] | Real cents. Not symbolic cents. | 真实的钱 不是象征意义的 |
[26:17] | Well, now you’re just aping the president’s rhetoric. | 你现在只是在模仿总统的说辞 |
[26:19] | Another sexist comment. | 又是性别歧视 |
[26:21] | – How could you possibly misconstrue my words? – I speak for myself. | -你怎么可以这么扭曲我的话 -我只代表自己 |
[26:26] | I am not aping the president or any other man. | 我不是在模仿总统 或者任何男人 |
[26:28] | I’m sorry, I won’t engage with this– | 抱歉 我不会回应这种… |
[26:30] | You know, when things get tough on the battlefield, | 战场上 战事激烈的时候 |
[26:32] | we never say, | 我们可不会说 |
[26:34] | “Sorry, I won’t engage.” | “抱歉 我不会回应[开火]” |
[26:35] | We engage, Ms. Dunbar. | 我们做出回应 邓巴女士 |
[26:40] | And you need to confront the fact | 而你得面对这个事实 |
[26:43] | that you do not have women’s best interests at heart. | 那就是你并未把女性的利益放在心上 |
[26:47] | John, this is getting out of hand. | 约翰 这样没法收场了 |
[26:49] | All right, then let’s move on to the next question. | 好吧 开始下一个问题 |
[26:51] | We are in the foreign policy portion of this debate. | 现在的辩论主题是外交政策 |
[26:54] | Ms. Dunbar, let me bring this question to you. | 邓巴女士 请允许我问你这个问题 |
[26:56] | You’re critical of the president. | 你不赞成总统的做法 |
[26:57] | You say it’s indefensible, what he has done in the Jordan Valley. | 你说他在约旦河谷的所作所为完全站不住脚 |
[26:59] | – That’s right. – But specifically, what would you do differently? | -对 -如果换做是你 你具体会怎么做呢 |
[27:02] | Well, John, I’m glad you asked that. | 约翰 我很高兴你问了这个问题 |
[27:04] | Sending troops into the | 在我看来 把军队派往 |
[27:05] | – Jordan Valley isn’t what I call diplomacy. – I need to go back to the hotel. | -约旦河谷算不上外交 -我得回酒店了 |
[27:08] | Everybody, Mrs. Underwood needs to leave us now. | 各位 安德伍德夫人得走了 |
[27:13] | I really wish I could stay, | 真希望我可以留下来 |
[27:14] | but I have a very full day tomorrow. | 但我明天的行程很满 |
[27:16] | I should rest up. But again, I want to thank you all | 我得回去休息了 不过我想再次感谢所有人 |
[27:18] | for your hospitality and all of your hard work. | 感谢你们的招待还有你们的辛勤工作 |
[27:20] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢各位 |
[27:23] | Good night, everyone. | 大家晚安 |
[27:30] | His trickle-down diplomacy is another example of delusion. | 他的滴入式外交政策只不过是又一个妄想 |
[27:36] | Mrs. Underwood. | 安德伍德夫人 |
[27:39] | Oh, you should go back inside with the volunteers | 你该回去 跟志愿者待在一起 |
[27:41] | and have the full campaign experience. | 体验竞选的每个方面 |
[27:43] | I didn’t come to New Hampshire for that. | 我来新罕布什尔不是为了这个 |
[27:45] | I came to speak with you. | 我是来找你谈话的 |
[27:47] | Tomorrow, maybe. My brain is a bit fried. | 也许明天吧 我现在不太清醒 |
[27:49] | Is it what Sharp said? | 是因为夏普的话吗 |
[27:51] | Why you don’t want to watch anymore? | 你是为这个看不下去了吗 |
[27:52] | – The sexist comment? – Oh, I honestly don’t care. | -那个性别歧视的发言 -我不关心那个 |
[27:55] | It’s all spectacle. | 那不过是一场表演 |
[27:57] | Who can get the most points, right? | 看谁能拉到更多支持率 不是吗 |
[27:59] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[28:03] | Now for part two of our debate: the domestic agenda. | 现在进行辩论的第二部分 国内政策 |
[28:05] | And the first question goes to you, Congresswoman. | 第一个问题是给你的 议员女士 |
[28:07] | The President speaks of America Works. | 总统提到了《美国就业法案》 |
[28:09] | Ms. Dunbar wants to raise minimum wage. | 邓巴女士想要提高最低工资 |
[28:11] | Talks about regulating executive pay. | 她提到了控制高管薪酬 |
[28:13] | But a lot of people aren’t quite clear | 但很多人还不清楚 |
[28:14] | about your economic policy. | 你主张的经济政策 |
[28:16] | What specifically, I underscore “Specifically,” | 具体来说 我特别强调”具体” |
[28:18] | would you do if elected president? | 你若当选总统会怎么做 |
[28:20] | Well, I plan to do a lot. And we talked about this earlier. | 我要做的有很多 这点我们之前已经谈过 |
[28:24] | First and foremost, | 首先 最重要的是 |
[28:24] | I want to press for gender equality | 我想推动男女平等 |
[28:27] | and close the salary gap. | 消除薪资差距 |
[28:29] | If half of the working population | 如果一半的就业人员 |
[28:31] | has more money in their pockets, | 能拿到更多的工资 |
[28:33] | that will catalyze spending, which will grow the economy, | 这会刺激消费 促进经济增长 |
[28:36] | which will, in turn, create more jobs. | 最终创造更多就业机会 |
[28:40] | Mr. President, what do you think of that? | 总统先生 你怎么看 |
[28:41] | Oh, I agree. I think that gender equality is very important. | 我同意这种想法 我认为男女平等非常重要 |
[28:44] | And under my AmWorks program, | 在我主张的《美就法》中 |
[28:46] | there will be a provision that all AmWorks jobs, | 会有一项条款 《美就法》下所有的就业岗位 |
[28:49] | there can be no discrepancy in pay between men and women. | 都不能出现男女薪资不平等的情况 |
[28:53] | AmWorks jobs, so that’s the government. | 《美就法》 这只是政府提供的工作 |
[28:55] | What about the rest of the private sector? | 那其它的私人企业呢 |
[28:56] | Well, I think we have to start by leading by example, | 我认为得先有榜样 |
[28:58] | then we introduce legislation… | 再着手立法… |
[28:59] | Leading by example? | 榜样 |
[29:00] | If America Works is how you lead by example… | 如果《美国就业法案》就是你所谓的榜样 |
[29:01] | I’m sorry, please let me finish my point, Mr. Dunbar. | 抱歉 请让我说完 邓巴女士 |
[29:02] | If that is how you lead by example, | 如果这就是你所谓的榜样 |
[29:04] | then are we to assume that everyone should illegally | 那我们是否要认为 每个人都要非法地 |
[29:07] | raid funds that they have no right to use? | 占用他们不该占用的资金 |
[29:09] | Everyone should start robbing banks? | 每个人都要去抢银行吗 |
[29:11] | Holding up liquor stores? | 去打劫酒水店吗 |
[29:13] | Now, Ms. Dunbar, with all due respect, | 邓巴女士 无意冒犯 |
[29:15] | you can criticize my programs as much as you want, | 你可以尽情地批判我的计划 |
[29:18] | but to accuse me of illegal activity– | 但要指控我违法… |
[29:19] | One thing you can’t deny is that I am much more of an authority | 有一件事你无法否认 那就是在宪法上 |
[29:22] | on the Constitution than you are, Mr. President. | 我懂的比你多得多 总统先生 |
[29:28] | Ms. Dunbar, all three of us on this stage | 邓巴女士 我们三个人 |
[29:31] | have taken oaths of office. | 都曾进行过宣誓就职 |
[29:33] | I would have to say that we have all defended the Constitution. | 我认为我们都捍卫了宪法 |
[29:37] | You don’t have some special claim on the Constitution. | 宪法不是你一个人的 |
[29:40] | The Constitution belongs to everyone in this room | 宪法属于在座的所有人 |
[29:42] | and every citizen in the United States. | 它属于美国的每一位公民 |
[29:49] | But I would ask Ms. Sharp, | 但我想问夏普女士 |
[29:51] | you voted in favor of dismantling America Works. | 你投票同意废除《美国就业法案》 |
[29:53] | Was that because you thought it was in fact, | 这么做是因为你认为该法案 |
[29:56] | as Ms. Dunbar says, illegal? | 如邓巴女士所言 是非法的吗 |
[29:58] | I voted for dismantlement because I wanted to make sure | 我当时投票废除法案 是因为我想确保 |
[30:01] | we were prepared for the hurricane, | 我们做好了飓风的应对工作 |
[30:03] | not because I thought your | 而不是由于我认为 |
[30:04] | reading of the Stafford Act was illegal per se. | 你对《斯塔福法案》的解读是非法的 |
[30:06] | Honestly, you think the president had a right to do what he did? | 真的吗 你认为总统有权做那种事吗 |
[30:10] | It’s an appropriations issue, not a legal one. | 这是拨款问题 不是法律问题 |
[30:12] | What about his character? | 那他的人格呢 |
[30:13] | He basically walked into FEMA and said, | 他相当于直接走进联邦应急管理署对大家说 |
[30:16] | “Stick ’em up and show me where the vault is.” | “举起手来 告诉我保险库在哪里” |
[30:17] | So now I’m a bank robber. Six Gun Underwood, | 我现在又成抢劫犯了 六抢·安德伍德 |
[30:20] | what they call me in South Carolina. | 南卡罗莱纳就这么叫我 |
[30:26] | I’m sorry, but I do not find this funny. | 抱歉 但我不觉得这有什么好笑的 |
[30:29] | I say you are a hypocrite. | 要我说你就是伪君子 |
[30:32] | You claim to care about the ten million people out of work, | 你声称在乎那些一千万失业人口 |
[30:35] | but you will steal their Disaster Relief Fund… | 但你却盗用了他们的赈灾基金 |
[30:38] | This is an appropriations issue, Miss Dunbar. | 这是拨款问题 邓巴女士 |
[30:39] | – Social Security and health care. – I’d like to talk about hypocrisy. | -社会保险和医疗福利 -我来说说什么虚伪 |
[30:40] | We put 50,000 people to work in Washington DC. | 我们在华盛顿特区创造了五万个工作岗位 |
[30:43] | Heather Dunbar wants to balance the scales | 希瑟·邓巴想要缩小贫富差距 |
[30:47] | to fix a broken system. | 修复失衡的系统 |
[30:48] | And yet she sends her own kids to private school. | 与此同时她却送自己的孩子上私立学校 |
[30:52] | With money she never earned, but which she inherited. | 用的并非她工作所得收入 而是继承的遗产 |
[30:56] | Now, it is easy to talk about the problems of the poor | 出身显赫 却高谈贫困问题 |
[30:58] | with a silver spoon in your mouth. | 是站着说话不腰疼 |
[31:05] | Am I well-off? Absolutely. | 我是否家境富裕 确实如此 |
[31:08] | So was FDR when he developed the New Deal. | 罗斯福推行新政时也是如此 |
[31:11] | Since when does one’s income determine one’s amount of empathy? | 什么时候人的同情心由收入决定了 |
[31:14] | Would you send your kids to public school? | 你会送你的孩子上公立学校吗 |
[31:16] | Let’s keep our children out of this. | 别再提及我们的孩子了 |
[31:18] | You want your kids to have a head start, | 你希望你的孩子赢在起跑线上 |
[31:20] | to have an advantage over the kids in public schools. | 胜过那些上公立学校的孩子 |
[31:23] | Lots of Americans, of all ranges of income, | 许多收入水平各不相同的美国人 |
[31:25] | choose to send their children to private or parochial schools. | 都选择送他们的孩子上私立或教区学校 |
[31:29] | But isn’t it true that you want your children | 但你希望你的孩子比其他孩子 |
[31:31] | to have a leg up on everyone else? | 更胜一筹 不是吗 |
[31:34] | Is that balancing the scales? Or is that hypocrisy? | 这是平衡差距吗 还是虚伪 |
[31:37] | Or maybe it’s that you didn’t want to raise them yourself | 或许 你是根本不想亲自养育他们 |
[31:41] | so you sent them to boarding school. | 才送他们去上寄宿学校 |
[31:46] | You must really want to be president. | 看来你真的很想当总统 |
[31:50] | I would never in a million years | 我永远都不会 |
[31:51] | bring up your children in a debate. | 在辩论中提到你的孩子 |
[31:53] | The way you choose to raise them is your business. | 你想怎样养育他们是你的私事 |
[31:56] | Do I want the best for my kids? Yes, I do. | 我想给我的孩子最好的一切吗 当然 |
[32:00] | I imagine you’re the same way. | 我想你也一样 |
[32:01] | I hope you are. | 希望是如此 |
[32:05] | Well, I’m sure you’re both excellent mothers. | 你们两位肯定都是很棒的母亲 |
[32:07] | But perhaps we should get back to | 但也许我们该回到 |
[32:08] | – some of the issues at hand. – Congresswoman Sharp | -眼前的问题上 -夏普议员女士 |
[32:10] | raised the issue of sexism earlier. | 之前提到性别歧视问题 |
[32:12] | Now, it is an important point, and we need to address it. | 这是很重要的问题 需要进行讨论 |
[32:15] | Sexism is wrong. The Congresswoman is correct | 性别歧视不可取 议员女士说得没错 |
[32:18] | in saying that all aspects of it should be illegal. | 不论何种形式的性别歧视都应被视为违法 |
[32:21] | And then, she accused me of being sexist | 然后她指责我批评克莱尔·安德伍德 |
[32:23] | for criticizing Claire Underwood. | 是性别歧视 |
[32:25] | But wouldn’t that same logic hold true for you, Ms. Sharp? | 但这个逻辑放到你身上不也成立吗 夏普女士 |
[32:28] | Would you have come after my kids if I were a man? | 如果我是男人你还会紧咬我的孩子不放吗 |
[32:31] | Aren’t you trying to paint the picture that I’m a bad mother, | 你不就是想把我抹黑成一个糟糕的母亲 |
[32:34] | shipping my kids off to some far-flung place? | 把自己的孩子送去个偏远的地方 |
[32:36] | Because you know if you can make me seem like a bad mother, | 因为你知道如果你能把我抹黑成一个坏母亲 |
[32:39] | then how could anyone possibly support me? | 不可能还会有人支持我 |
[32:43] | That’s not hardball, that is just disgusting. | 这不是正面攻击 这只让人恶心 |
[32:53] | Well, I have to say I do think Ms. Dunbar has a point. | 我必须说我认为邓巴女士说得有道理 |
[32:56] | I mean, speaking of hypocrisy, | 说到虚伪 |
[32:57] | don’t you send your own kids to private school, | 你不是也送自己的孩子上私立学校吗 |
[32:59] | Congresswoman? | 议员女士 |
[33:05] | Well, that wasn’t my point. I– | 那不是我的论点 我… |
[33:07] | What was your point? | 你的论点是什么 |
[33:11] | Well, I was, um… | 我 |
[33:14] | My… My point…. | 我的论点… |
[33:25] | John, I think I’ve said all I need to say on this subject. | 约翰 我想在这个议题上我该说的都说完了 |
[33:28] | All right, fair enough, Congresswoman. | 那好吧 议员女士 |
[33:30] | Next question goes to you, Ms. Dunbar. | 下个问题是问你的 邓巴女士 |
[33:36] | Okay, guys, first poll is coming in. | 好了 观众们 第一轮民调结果出来了 |
[33:36] | 乔治·斯蒂芬诺伯罗斯 ABC新闻首席主播 | |
[33:37] | Most of them give Frank Underwood the win. | 大多数都支持弗兰克·安德伍德 |
[33:39] | 爱荷华州 民主党辩论 | |
[33:39] | Not by a lot. | 但优势并不明显 |
[33:41] | But did he do enough to overtake Dunbar, become the front-runner? | 但他所做的能打败邓巴 在竞选中领跑吗 |
[33:43] | George, I don’t think it’s so much what Underwood did, | 乔治 我认为关键并不在于安德伍德做了什么 |
[33:45] | 马修·道得 ABC新闻政治撰稿人 | |
[33:46] | but what he didn’t do. | 而是他没做什么 |
[33:47] | He remained presidential. | 他保持了总统的气度 |
[33:48] | And when the attacks came his way, he held the high ground. | 当他被攻击时 他保持了风度 |
[33:51] | Now, Dunbar and Sharp, they came out swinging, | 邓巴和夏普都出击凌厉 |
[33:54] | and I think it hurt them both. | 我认为这对她们都不利 |
[33:55] | Yeah, but Sharp had to do something. | 没错 但夏普必须有所作为 |
[33:56] | She’s 20 points behind the other two. | 她落后其他两人20% |
[33:58] | But the sexism thing? And going after Dunbar’s kids? | 但性别歧视的论调 还攻击邓巴的孩子 |
[34:00] | 唐娜·布里奇尔 民主党竞选策略顾问 | |
[34:01] | It seemed quite desperate. | 感觉很孤注一掷 |
[34:02] | She did do some damage to Dunbar. | 她确实对邓巴造成了一些伤害 |
[34:04] | I don’t know about that. Dunbar could’ve fared far worse. | 这我不敢肯定 邓巴的情况本可能糟 |
[34:07] | She took it on the chin, held her own, | 她承受住了打击 也主动出击 |
[34:09] | and in my opinion, it was a tie. | 在我看来这是平局 |
[34:11] | But bottom line, does this debate change anything? | 但最重要的是这场辩论会带来什么改变吗 |
[34:13] | Does it affect the caucus, | 这会影响党团会议结果吗 |
[34:14] | Does it affect the primary in New Hampshire? | 这会影响新罕布什尔的初选吗 |
[34:16] | We’re still over a month out. | 现在离投票还有一个月 |
[34:17] | And so a lot could change in this process, | 这段时间里还有很多变数 |
[34:20] | but I do think the momentum could shift in Underwood’s favor. | 但我认为现在的形势对安德伍德有利 |
[34:23] | Let’s not forget that it’s remarkable that a sitting president | 让我们别忘记 值得注意的是 现任总统 |
[34:26] | isn’t considered the front-runner to begin with. | 原本并非竞选中的领跑者 |
[34:28] | That’s an excellent point. | 提得很好 |
[34:29] | No incumbent has ever had to fight back from this far… | 从未有过现任总统 要从这么落后的位置往上拼 |
[34:39] | – Yes? – He said she’s not picking up, sir. | -喂 -他说她不接电话 先生 |
[34:42] | Would you like me to have him knock on her door? | 需要我叫他去敲她门吗 |
[34:44] | No, that’s all right. Thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[35:00] | You haven’t said a com.funword.word. | 你什么话都没说 |
[35:06] | Well, you’ve been prepping for days. | 你准备辩论几天了 |
[35:07] | I thought you might want a break from talking. | 我觉得你会想静一静 |
[35:12] | You’re disappointed in me. | 你对我很失望 |
[35:15] | That the kids got mentioned. | 因为孩子被提到了 |
[35:19] | They’re teenagers. They’ll be fine. | 他们还小 没事的 |
[35:21] | Probably thrilled… that they got mentioned at all. | 估计还很激动自己被提到了 |
[35:28] | If I’m disappointed in anyone, | 要说我对谁失望 |
[35:29] | it’s him, for throwing you under the bus. | 也是对他把你往火坑里推失望 |
[35:39] | I gotta fly back with you tonight. | 我今晚跟你一块飞回去 |
[35:41] | Don’t you have events tomorrow? | 你明天不是还有活动吗 |
[35:43] | This is more important. | 这事更重要 |
[35:46] | What is? | 什么事 |
[36:13] | Thank you all for coming in. | 感谢大家前来 |
[36:14] | If you want to head out this door right here. | 请从这边出口出去 |
[36:17] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[36:20] | All right, I’ll give you some privacy. | 好了 我就不打扰你了 |
[36:23] | This should only take 15 minutes. | 大概只需15分钟 |
[36:24] | – So just holler out if you need anything. – Thank you. | -有需要就叫我们 -谢谢你 |
[36:30] | Pull up a chair. We can talk while this finishes up. | 拿把椅子来 我们可以边等边聊 |
[36:36] | I should be doing this, too. | 我也应该献个血 |
[36:39] | I’m sure we could get another lawn chair in here. | 这里应该够再放把躺椅 |
[36:42] | I can’t. I was a junkie once upon a time. | 我不能献血 以前有毒瘾 |
[36:49] | What would you call this color? Scarlet isn’t right. | 你管这叫什么颜色 猩红色不贴切 |
[36:51] | It’s not crimson or maroon. | 也不是深红或褐红 |
[36:53] | – Carmine. – Carmine? | -洋红色 -洋红色吗 |
[36:56] | You must be a writer. | 果然作家就是不一样 |
[36:58] | No, I know that. But you know she always tells everyone | 不 我知道 但她总跟别人说 |
[37:01] | she bakes them herself and I know she doesn’t. | 她都是自己烤的 但我知道肯定不是 |
[37:05] | That’s local. | 这是本地的 |
[37:06] | Thank you for your support. I’ll see you when I get there. | 谢谢你的支持 等我到了之后见 |
[37:09] | Is there some reason we couldn’t do this by phone? | 为什么我们不能在电话里谈 |
[37:12] | This needed to be in person. | 这需要当面谈清楚 |
[37:13] | Yes, but you canceled all your events. | 是 但你把你的活动都取消了 |
[37:15] | I want to talk about the debate. | 我想跟你谈谈辩论的事 |
[37:17] | You know, it wasn’t the home run we hoped for, | 虽然不是我们期望中的大获全胜 |
[37:19] | but you did great, Jackie. | 但你干得不错 杰姬 |
[37:20] | She spent half the debate on the defensive. | 她一半时间都在防守辩护 |
[37:22] | I humiliated myself. | 我让自己难堪了 |
[37:23] | You got a little beat up, that’s all. | 你只是受了点挫败 |
[37:25] | And you threw the biggest punch. | 而你下了最重的一拳 |
[37:27] | Oh, you mean the thing about your kids? | 你是说你孩子的事吗 |
[37:29] | That wasn’t what we discussed. | 那不是我们说好的 |
[37:30] | I had to hit you hard so she wouldn’t. | 我必须对你下重手 这样她就不能了 |
[37:32] | And besides, we had to dispel any suspicion | 再说 我们得打消 |
[37:35] | that you and I might be in concert. | 我俩串通的猜疑 |
[37:37] | I’m not comfortable with the dynamic we’ve established. | 我不喜欢我们现在的这种关系 |
[37:43] | What dynamic is that? | 什么关系 |
[37:45] | The leash you have me on. | 你拴着我得那条绳索 |
[37:47] | How I’m supposed to roll over and do any trick you want. | 我得对你言听计从 |
[37:51] | You’re taking me for granted. | 你是不把我当回事 |
[37:54] | What, am I supposed to be, uh… | 不然呢 我该怎么着 |
[37:56] | appreciative of your lackluster enthusiasm? | 感激你那乏善可陈的热情 |
[37:59] | How fortunate I am to have you “sort of” on my team? | 你”算是”跟我一队是我天大的幸运吗 |
[38:07] | You’re not “happy” with our dynamic? | 你不喜欢我们之间的关系 |
[38:10] | Well, I’m not happy with your attitude. | 我还不喜欢你的态度 |
[38:13] | If anything, you’re taking me for granted. | 要说起来 也是你不把我当回事 |
[38:16] | – Sir– – We had a deal, Jackie. | -先生 -我们有约定 杰姬 |
[38:19] | And I am perfectly willing to hold up my end of the bargain. | 我很乐意履行约定 |
[38:22] | But do not be under any illusions. | 但别想错了 |
[38:24] | This is not a partnership of equals. | 这种合作关系并不平等 |
[38:26] | Nothing close to it. | 完全不平等 |
[38:28] | If you are to be my Vice President, you will do what I ask. | 你要是想当我的副总统 就得按我说的做 |
[38:32] | And we will not | 我们不能每次 |
[38:33] | have this conversation every time you feel uncomfortable | 因为你对我的要求有所不情愿 |
[38:37] | with what I ask you to do, | 或不满我的行为 |
[38:38] | or how I choose to conduct myself. | 就要这样争执一番 |
[38:42] | That’s our dynamic. | 这就是我们的关系 |
[38:52] | Are we still sticking to the timeline? | 我们还要按原时间表来吗 |
[38:54] | I’m sorry, I couldn’t quite hear you. | 对不起 我听不太清 |
[38:55] | Are we still sticking to the timeline? I drop out next week? | 我们还要按原时间表来吗 我下周退出 |
[38:58] | I see no reason why you shouldn’t. | 没理由不这么做 |
[38:59] | – Thank you, Mr. President. – See you in Iowa. | -谢谢您 总统先生 -爱荷华见 |
[39:04] | Why did you change your hair back to blonde? | 你怎么又把头发染回金色了 |
[39:06] | That’s your burning question? | 这就是你最想问的吗 |
[39:08] | I’m curious. | 只是好奇 |
[39:11] | How does that help the book? | 这对书有什么帮助 |
[39:13] | Who knows? But right now, I got nothing. | 谁知道呢 但现在我什么灵感都没有 |
[39:17] | We changed it because blonde polls better with the voters. | 我们换回金发是因为选民更喜欢金发 |
[39:20] | We? | 我们 |
[39:23] | There’s a whole gaggle of people | 有一群人 |
[39:25] | that weigh in on how you look, and what you wear, | 来提议你的造型 穿着 |
[39:29] | whether an event calls for… | 考虑活动需要什么 |
[39:32] | heels, earrings, no earrings. | 高跟鞋 戴不戴耳环 |
[39:34] | You hate it, don’t you? | 你讨厌这样 不是吗 |
[39:36] | Campaigning? | 竞选 |
[39:38] | Everybody hates campaigning. | 没人喜欢竞选过程 |
[39:40] | Except for the politicians. They feed off the energy. | 除了政客 他们能从中吸取能量 |
[39:43] | And their spouses. | 还有从他们配偶那儿 |
[39:46] | You think Francis feeds off me? | 你觉得弗兰西斯在吸食我吗 |
[39:48] | You are literally giving your blood. | 你可正在献血呢 |
[39:51] | Plenty of people give blood who aren’t married to politicians. | 很多配偶不是政客的人也献血 |
[39:55] | Very few people campaign for someone who just fired them. | 没几个人会帮刚炒了自己的人竞选 |
[40:01] | He tell you that? | 他告诉你的 |
[40:03] | He said he betrayed you. | 他说他背叛了你 |
[40:05] | Three days later, you change your hair back to blonde | 三天后 你染回金发 |
[40:07] | and resign so you can, quote, “devote yourself to the campaign.” | 然后辞职 以便”投入竞选” |
[40:12] | I did the math. | 一想就明白了 |
[40:16] | You and Francis, you’ve…. | 你和弗兰西斯 你们… |
[40:20] | We’ve what? | 我们怎么 |
[40:25] | He’s shared a lot. | 他跟你说了很多 |
[40:28] | Does that bother you? | 会困扰你吗 |
[40:31] | Why would it? | 为什么会 |
[40:33] | Another betrayal? | 这也是背叛吗 |
[40:35] | No. | 不是 |
[40:37] | You’re… | 你… |
[40:45] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[40:47] | Just a little light-headed. | 只是有点头晕 |
[40:55] | – Here. – Thank you. | -给 -谢谢 |
[41:08] | I was thinking. | 我在想 |
[41:10] | About what? | 想什么 |
[41:14] | Mrs. Underwood? | 安德伍德夫人 |
[41:16] | Jumping. | 跳下去 |
[41:19] | Jumping? | 跳下去 |
[41:22] | You ever have that feeling? | 你有过那种感觉吗 |
[41:23] | – Conversation? – Which feeling? | -谈话时 -什么感觉 |
[41:28] | On a bridge, you look over and… | 站在桥上 向下看… |
[41:33] | step back. | 往后退 |
[41:37] | Do you need me to get someone? | 要帮你叫人吗 |
[41:41] | He proposed and I said… | 他求婚时 我说… |
[41:44] | I said seven years. | 我说七年 |
[41:50] | If it’s still good, another seven. | 七年后如果没问题 就再七年 |
[41:52] | If not… | 如果不行… |
[41:57] | Every seven years. | 每七年审视一次 |
[42:03] | I don’t hate campaigning. | 我不讨厌竞选活动 |
[42:06] | What I hate is… | 我厌恶的是… |
[42:13] | how much I need us. | 我有多需要我们 |
[42:15] | How much you need each other? | 你们有多需要彼此 |
[42:22] | I didn’t jump. | 我没跳下去 |
[42:25] | I didn’t step back. | 也没后退 |
[42:31] | I didn’t… | 我没有… |
[42:33] | Mrs. Underwood? | 安德伍德夫人 |
[42:40] | – What happened? – She passed out. | -怎么了 -她晕了 |
[42:41] | Let me see. Mrs. Underwood? | 我看看 安德伍德夫人 |
[42:43] | Can you hear me? Mrs. Underwood? | 能听到吗 安德伍德夫人 |
[42:46] | So all these three girls, they got a different papi or what? | 这三个姑娘 爸爸不是一个人还是怎么 |
[42:48] | They got the blonde, they got the redhead, they got the brunette. | 一个金发 一个红发 一个黑发 |
[42:53] | – And that’s Petticoat Junction, right? – Sir? | -这是《裙路口》的剧情吧 -先生 |
[42:56] | – May we speak privately? – Oh, let me let y’all be. | -能私谈吗 -那我走了 |
[42:58] | No, Freddie. You’re in the middle of your story. | 别啊 弗莱迪 你故事正讲到一半 |
[43:00] | Sir, if you don’t mind. | 先生 我想跟你私谈 |
[43:01] | – Is it classified? – No, it is not. | -是机密吗 -不是 |
[43:03] | Then talk. | 那就说 |
[43:05] | Jackie just stopped by my office. She’s upset. | 杰姬刚来我办公室 她很沮丧 |
[43:09] | I think we need to take her views more into consideration. | 我觉得我们该更照顾她的想法 |
[43:11] | She’s being ridiculous. | 她在无理取闹 |
[43:12] | I think she made some valid points. | 我觉得她挺有道理 |
[43:17] | Who do you work for, me or her? | 你为我还是为她工作 |
[43:21] | I’m just trying to communicate her concerns. | 我只是想转达她的担忧 |
[43:22] | She’d better get in line and so had you. | 她最好照说照做 你也是 |
[43:25] | I’m never gonna win if I have to spend my time | 如果总要费时间跟下属解释 |
[43:27] | explaining myself to my subordinates. | 我是赢不了的 |
[43:28] | – Look, let me let you– – No, no. Now, Freddy, sit down. | -我还是走吧 -别 弗莱迪 坐下 |
[43:31] | Do you remember when we talked about how you treat your staff? | 记得我们谈过你是怎样对待下属的吗 |
[43:34] | You want to win? | 你想获胜吗 |
[43:36] | You sure as hell won’t do it without any of them. | 没有他们 你绝对做不到 |
[43:38] | You keep on like this, you won’t have any of them left. | 你继续这样 他们都会离开 |
[43:40] | Are you talking about loyalty? | 你想谈忠诚吗 |
[43:41] | The only brand of that I accept is unconditional. | 我只接受无条件的忠诚 |
[43:44] | – Anything less is a– – Y’all should put this on pay-per-view. | -做不到就… -这应该做收费节目 |
[43:48] | But you. You a big guy. But this sucker, | 你个头挺大 但这家伙 |
[43:51] | I’ve seen him go through a rack of ribs like it was wet tissue. | 我见过他吃肋排狼吞虎咽的样子 |
[43:55] | Who’d you put your money on? | 你赌谁赢 |
[43:56] | Oh, I’m not gonna fall into that trap. | 我才不会上当 |
[43:57] | – You. – Sir? It’s your wife. | -当然是你 -先生 您妻子出事了 |
[44:00] | – She passed out giving blood. – What? | -她献血晕过去了 -什么 |
[44:02] | She’s okay, but, uh, Mr. Yates is on the line. | 没什么大碍 但耶茨先生打过来了 |
[44:04] | I’ll take it in my private study. | 我在私人书房接 |
[44:11] | Don’t do no good callin’ a man out like that. | 你这么顶撞他毫无益处 |
[44:14] | It’s like… blamin’ a snake for having fangs. | 这就像怪蛇有毒牙 |
[44:18] | I couldn’t help myself. | 我忍不住 |
[44:20] | – Could you do me a favor? – What’s that? | -能帮我个忙吗 -什么 |
[44:23] | Cover for me. I got work to do and he needs company. | 帮我打掩护 他让我陪但我还有工作 |
[44:26] | Back at the ribs joint, I could just walk back in the kitchen | 原来在餐馆 我听腻了 |
[44:29] | when I got tired of hearing him talk. | 就回厨房干活儿 |
[44:31] | – Yeah. I’ll tell him your boss came over. – Thank you, brother. | -好 我就说你上司来了 -谢谢 伙计 |
[44:51] | Put her on the phone with me. | 让她接我电话 |
[44:52] | She didn’t want me to call, but I thought I should. | 她不让我打电话 但我觉得应该打 |
[44:54] | – Well, is she nearby? – I think she’s embarrassed. | -她在旁边吗 -她好像是不好意思 |
[44:57] | I’m her husband. | 我可是她丈夫 |
[44:59] | The nurses are with her. | 护士在照顾她 |
[45:01] | Maybe you should just hold off for a few minutes. | 也许你还是再等等吧 |
[45:02] | Tell the head of her detail to get her on the plane right away. | 让她的安保队长立刻送她上飞机 |
[45:05] | She has to come back here and see the White House physician. | 她得回来看白宫的医生 |
[45:08] | My guess is she’d be even more embarrassed | 我猜如果取消活动的话 |
[45:10] | if she had to cancel her events. | 她会更不好意思 |
[45:11] | This isn’t about how she feels. | 这跟她的感受无关 |
[45:13] | This is about what’s best for her. | 这是为她好 |
[45:14] | She doesn’t need a doctor. She needs you. | 她不需要看医生 她需要你 |
[45:18] | What do you mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[45:20] | She said some things, about every seven years. | 她说了些话 说到七年一次 |
[45:23] | About being in limbo, on the edge of a bridge. | 还有站在桥边 |
[45:27] | Listen, just because I may have shared with you | 听着 就因为我告诉过你 |
[45:29] | a few things about our marriage | 一些我们婚姻的事 |
[45:30] | does not give you the right to interfere with it. | 并不代表你可以指手画脚 |
[45:33] | Now, please have her call me when she’s ready. | 让她好点了给我打电话 |
[45:41] | Well… this is it. | 结束了 |
[45:44] | – Sixty days. – Sixty days. | -60天 -60天 |
[45:48] | That movie freaked me out. | 那电影吓死我了 |
[45:51] | The whole world can fall apart in sixty days. | 全世界可以在60天内分崩离析 |
[45:55] | Or a guy can get sober. | 也可以让人彻底戒酒 |
[45:57] | I washed my hands for ten minutes last night before bed. | 昨晚睡前我洗了十分钟的手 |
[46:00] | You turned me from an alcoholic to a germaphobe. | 你把我从酒鬼改造成了洁癖 |
[46:04] | That’s not a bad trade-off. | 这交易你不吃亏 |
[46:06] | The 14 years I got by on my own… | 过去我自己度过的14年 |
[46:09] | they mean nothing compared to the last eight weeks | 跟与你一起度过的这八周比 |
[46:11] | you’ve been here with me. | 根本一文不值 |
[46:15] | You would have done the same for me. | 换做是我你也会这么做 |
[46:18] | I’d like to think so. | 我希望我能做到 |
[46:21] | Know so. | 你会的 |
[46:25] | I love you, brother. | 我爱你 哥哥 |
[46:48] | Call me when you land. | 到了给我打电话 |
[46:50] | Jesus, you sound like Sarah. | 老天 你简直跟萨拉一样 |
[47:05] | So we want to focus on ad-buys | 我们要在阔德城 |
[47:08] | more in the Quad Cities market, less so in Des Moines. | 投放更多广告 在得梅因减少投放量 |
[47:11] | You’re stronger in the East | 你在东部的支持率更高 |
[47:12] | and we want to turn our twos there into ones. | 我们得巩固那里的领先地位 |
[47:15] | The “vision” message really resonated | 辩论之后 “愿景”这个口号 |
[47:17] | in our focus groups post-debate, | 在焦点小组中引起很大共鸣 |
[47:19] | so I think we should cut a new ad centered on that | 我认为我们应该针对此拍个新广告 |
[47:22] | and weave it into the stump. | 并把它纳入竞选宣传 |
[47:27] | Sir? | 先生 |
[47:29] | I’m sorry, what? | 抱歉 什么 |
[47:30] | Are you good if we change the stump | 如果我们把竞选宣传的主题 |
[47:32] | to focus on the “vision” theme? | 换成”愿景” 您没意见吧 |
[47:33] | I want to go to New Hampshire tomorrow, first thing. | 我想明天一早去新罕布什尔 |
[47:36] | We have you going to Iowa. | 您的行程安排是去爱荷华州 |
[47:37] | I know, but I want to change the schedule. | 我知道 但我想更改计划 |
[47:39] | In every campaign, there comes a time for taking stock. | 任何人竞选时 都得停下脚步评估形势 |
[47:43] | A time for soul-searching. And… | 自我反省 |
[47:45] | in the past 24 hours, I have done just that. | 在过去的24小时里 我就是那么做的 |
[47:49] | And the conclusion that I have come to is this: | 而我的决定如下 |
[47:53] | If the goal is a safer, more prosperous America, | 如果目标是建立一个更安全 兴盛的美国 |
[47:57] | I don’t need to run for us to achieve that. | 并不非得我参选才能实现 |
[48:00] | All I need to do and what I encourage all of my supporters to do | 我需要做的 我也鼓励我的支持者做的 |
[48:05] | is to help elect Heather Dunbar to the White House. | 就是支持希瑟·邓巴成为美国总统 |
[48:10] | – Judas bitch. – While I may be ending my camp– | -叛徒婊子 -虽然我的竞选结束了 |
[48:19] | I’m just pissed off. I’m sorry if I offended. | 我就是生气 如果冒犯你了我很抱歉 |
[48:24] | Yeah, I wonder what she offered her. | 不知道她给了她什么好处 |
[48:27] | Nothing. | 什么都没有 |
[48:28] | Yeah, right. | 得了 |
[48:30] | I know for a fact. | 我确定 |
[48:34] | You knew about this? | 这事你早就知道吗 |
[48:44] | You should call the President. | 你应该给总统打电话 |
[49:03] | “A very hairy, terribly scary tarantula named Tina. | “一只浑身是毛 超级可怕的狼蛛 名叫蒂娜 |
[49:07] | I found her in a shoebox in New York City. | 我是在纽约一个鞋盒里发现她的 |
[49:10] | When I first saw Tina I shrieked…” | 我刚发现蒂娜时吓得直叫” |
[49:14] | Were you scared? | 你害怕吗 |
[49:15] | Oh, I was terribly scared. | 我吓死了 |
[49:19] | “Tina had poked her head up out of the left shoe…” | “蒂娜从左脚的鞋里伸出头来” |
[49:21] | – I didn’t know you were coming. – She doesn’t either. | -我不知道你要来 -她也不知道 |
[49:25] | “So there I was, not knowing what to believe. | “所以我呆在那儿 不知道该怎么办 |
[49:28] | Should I leave Tina in the shoebox or set Tina free?” | 我该让蒂娜待在鞋盒里还是放她出来” |
[49:32] | – Leave her in the box! – Set her free! | -把她留在鞋盒里 -放她出来 |
[49:34] | – Set her free! – Leave her in the box! | -放她出来 -把她留在鞋盒里 |
[49:36] | Oh, my Goodness! I don’t know what to do! | 我的天 我不知道该怎么办 |
[49:38] | Nothing! Do nothing! | 什么都不做 不要管她 |
[49:39] | – What should I do? – Sir, Mr. Grayson needs to speak with you. | -我该怎么办 -先生 格雷森先生找您 |
[49:41] | – Tell him I’ll call him back. – He says it’s important. | -告诉他我会打回去 -他说这事很重要 |
[49:44] | Later. I’m with my wife. | 之后再说 我在陪我夫人 |
[49:47] | I don’t know what to do! | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[49:50] | You shouldn’t do anything. | 你什么都不该做 |
[49:52] | – Let her out! – Don’t do anything? | -放她出来 -什么都不做吗 |
[50:01] | 美国总统选举 从两党候选人宣布参选 到党内初选 再到最后普选投票 整个过程往往要持续一年半多 在这漫长的一年半中 最戏剧化的环节 就是候选人电视辩论 在党内初选阶段 参加辩论的人数比较多 电视辩论的次数也比较多 电视辩论一般由两党的全国委员会组织筹划 由各大电视台主持 在2012年的大选中 共和党初选阶段共举行了多达20场的电视辩论 由于在初选辩论中党内候选人彼此攻击过于激烈 导致初选结束后 最后胜出的候选人在普选阶段面对对立党派的对手时 已经伤痕累累 落了下风 所以在即将到来的2016总统大选中 共和党全国委员会决定减少电视辩论次数 | |
[50:26] | 初选结束后 两党各自提名一名候选人在普选中出战对垒 普选阶段的电视辩论一般只有四场 三场为总统候选人辩论 一场为副总统候选人辩论 辩论的组织工作由专门的总统选举电视辩论委员会负责 在2012年大选中 三场总统辩论中的第一场最为精彩 一向自诩口才出众的奥巴马 由于过于轻敌 在辩论前没有认真准备 而是跑去参观胡佛水坝 结果在辩论开始后被对手罗姆尼占尽上风 在整场辩论中始终处于绝对劣势 辩论结束后 一直在民调中落后的罗姆尼开始反超奥巴马 可惜后来因飓风等因素 罗姆尼将在辩论中获得的优势又拱手让出 |