时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:37] | With just one week to go before the Iowa caucuses, | 距爱荷华州党团会议只有一周 |
[01:40] | the latest Gallup poll has | 最新盖洛普民调显示 |
[01:42] | Dunbar ahead by six points, 45 to 39, | 邓巴以45比39领先6个百分点 |
[01:46] | with 16 percent still undecided. | 仍有16%的人尚未决定 |
[01:46] | 邓巴爱荷华州得梅因市大本营 民调显示邓巴在党团会议前支持率稍领先于总统 | |
[01:49] | That’s a lot of undecideds so close to election day. | 大选在即 尚未决定的人还真不少 |
[01:52] | Dunbar has incredibly high favorability numbers here, | 邓巴在这里好感度极高 |
[01:52] | 民调显示邓巴在党团会议前支持率稍领先于总统 安德伍德竞选宣传计划挨家挨户拜访爱荷华州居民 | |
[01:55] | much higher than President Underwood’s, | 比安德伍德总统的要高得多 |
[01:57] | but I have spoken with many Iowans | 但与我交谈的许多爱荷华州人士 |
[01:59] | 安德伍德竞选宣传计划挨家挨户拜访爱荷华州居民 空军一号将于今日在爱荷华州降落 | |
[01:59] | who have doubts about her lack of experience | 对她经验的匮乏仍存有顾虑 |
[02:01] | and whether she’ll be able to stand up to a Republican candidate | 同时还担心她将来是否能战胜一位 |
[02:05] | with a substantial record. | 资历优秀的共和党候选人 |
[02:06] | Even so, the fact that she’s still the frontrunner, | 即便如此 考虑到她从未参加过竞选 |
[02:09] | – having never run for office. – It’s extraordinary. | -却仍是竞选领跑者 -真了不起 |
[02:12] | Jackie Sharp’s endorsement was a big coup. | 杰姬·夏普的支持举足轻重 |
[02:14] | It really helped her numbers with women. | 真的影响了她在女性选民中的支持率 |
[02:17] | We want you to have a much more active role during the events. | 我们希望您能在活动中更积极一些 |
[02:19] | You’ll go first, introduce the president, | 您先开始 介绍总统 |
[02:21] | stay with him the entire time, | 至始至终跟他在一起 |
[02:22] | and then participate in the Q and A. | 然后参与问答环节 |
[02:24] | I really shouldn’t be answering questions. | 我实在不该回答问题 |
[02:25] | Francis is the candidate. | 弗朗西斯才是候选人 |
[02:26] | Well, the truth is, your favorables are double what mine are, | 事实是 你的好感度是我的二倍 |
[02:29] | so let’s give the people what they want. | 那我们就给人们他们想要的吧 |
[02:33] | Well, if you think it will help. | 好吧 如果你觉得这样有帮助的话 |
[02:34] | I know it will. | 肯定会的 |
[02:35] | Do you have a speech prepared? Do you have issue papers? | 你们准备演讲稿了吗 有没有问题清单 |
[02:37] | Everything is in the conference room. | 一切都在会议室里 |
[02:39] | Let’s get started, then. | 那我们就开始吧 |
[02:45] | Have you had a chance to go over the list… | 您有没有看过那个清单 |
[02:47] | of replacements for Remy? | 雷米的接替者的名单 |
[02:48] | Oh, I can’t focus on that right now. | 我现在不能考虑那个 |
[02:50] | I need to get through Iowa first. | 我得先考虑爱荷华州 |
[02:52] | Well, I have a suggestion, sir, that’s not on the list. | 我要推荐个人 先生 那人不在名单上 |
[02:54] | Who? | 谁 |
[02:56] | Me. | 我 |
[02:59] | Seth, you’re invaluable as a comm director. | 赛斯 作为新闻主管 你的价值无法估量 |
[03:01] | Well, that’s just it, sir. | 就是因为这个 先生 |
[03:02] | You need a media expert at the helm. | 您需要个媒体专家替您掌舵 |
[03:04] | We’re in an election cycle. | 我们处在选举周期之内呢 |
[03:05] | – Everything’s about perception. – Seth– | -一切都和公共形象密切相关 -赛斯 |
[03:07] | I want to integrate the policy and the press teams. | 我想将政策和新闻团队完美融合 |
[03:09] | I want to work with cabinet members and agency heads | 我希望与内阁成员及机构首脑合作 |
[03:11] | on gearing every public statement towards our platform. | 按我们的政纲调整每份公开声明 |
[03:14] | Mobilize our AmWorks allies in Congress. | 动员国会中的《美就法》盟友 |
[03:17] | A commitment list for future’s legislations, | 一份关于未来立法的承诺表 |
[03:18] | not just simple endorsements. | 不仅是支持 |
[03:20] | Look, this outlines in detail | 这里面详细写了 |
[03:21] | what I would like to do as your Chief of Staff. | 我担任您幕僚长会采取的行动 |
[03:25] | All I ask is that you consider it. | 我只求您考虑考虑 |
[03:27] | Well, of course I will. Thank you, Seth. | 我当然会的 谢谢你 赛斯 |
[03:29] | I appreciate you putting so much time into this. | 我很感激你这么花心思 |
[03:31] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 先生 |
[03:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:40] | Robert. | 罗伯特 |
[03:42] | Sorry I’m running late. | 抱歉我来晚了 |
[03:44] | We hit some weather on the way back from Iowa. | 我们从爱荷华州回来时天气不太好 |
[03:45] | I appreciate your coming here in person. | 我感谢你亲自过来 |
[03:48] | Especially during the… final rush. | 尤其在这…最后冲刺阶段 |
[03:51] | Anything for you, Robert. | 为了你什么都行 罗伯特 |
[03:53] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[03:53] | Oh, thank you. | 多谢 |
[03:55] | And, you know, it’s good. I get a few hours with the kids. | 这也好 我也能跟孩子们待一会儿 |
[03:59] | So how does it feel to be back here? | 回到这儿感觉如何 |
[04:04] | I have to admit, I miss it a little. | 我得承认 我是有点怀念 |
[04:07] | Your dissent on Godfrey v. Kent was brilliant, by the way. | 顺说 你戈弗雷诉肯特案的异议提得真好 |
[04:13] | My clerks. They wrote it. | 我的手下 是他们写的 |
[04:16] | Every com.funword.word. | 每个字都是 |
[04:20] | So it’s time. | 所以现在是时候了 |
[04:21] | Ruth says it is, but I knew before she said anything. | 露丝说是 但我在她开口前就知道了 |
[04:25] | – When are you going to announce? – Soon. | -你准备什么时候宣布 -很快 |
[04:28] | But I’d like you… to say yes first. | 但是我想先听你说同意 |
[04:33] | – To what? – Replacing me. | -同意什么 -接替我 |
[04:38] | This isn’t the disease speaking. | 我并不是病糊涂了 |
[04:41] | I haven’t forgotten you’re running for President. | 我并没有忘记你正在竞选总统 |
[04:44] | But Underwood… | 但是安德伍德 |
[04:46] | I’m sure he’d nominate you in a heartbeat. | 我肯定他会毫不犹豫地同意提名你 |
[04:49] | I am the frontrunner, Robert. Why would I drop out? | 我现在占上风 罗伯特 为什么要退出 |
[04:53] | Because this position’s for life. | 因为这个职位是终身的 |
[04:54] | Underwood is going to lose. | 安德伍德会输的 |
[04:56] | You think he’ll go down easily? | 你觉得他会轻易认输吗 |
[04:59] | And even if you get the nomination, the Republicans… | 而且即使你拿到了提名 共和党… |
[05:02] | They’ll… rip you apart. | 他们会生吞活剥了你 |
[05:06] | I’m the swing vote. My seat is important. | 我是决定性一票 我的位置很重要 |
[05:10] | You can make a lasting difference here. | 你在这里可以产生长期的影响 |
[05:14] | That is exactly what he said. | 他也是这么说的 |
[05:16] | His motivations were atrocious, yes, | 他的动机不纯 是的 |
[05:19] | but his logic was sound. | 但他说的道理是对的 |
[05:23] | Your mind seems sharp as ever, Robert. | 看来你的头脑还像过去一样清醒 罗伯特 |
[05:27] | Except… | 只是 |
[05:29] | Except for the fact that I can’t remember your name right now. | 只是我现在想不起来你叫什么 |
[05:35] | Heather. | 希瑟 |
[05:38] | Heather. | 希瑟 |
[05:43] | Will you continue to do the work I’ve done, Heather? | 你能继续我未竟的事业吗 希瑟 |
[05:47] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[05:48] | If I’m honest with myself, it’s that I want this too much. | 摸着良心说 我太希望能成功了 |
[05:52] | I didn’t realize it before I started running. | 开始竞选前我根本没有意识到 |
[05:54] | It is not that I’ve changed, Robert, | 并不是我变了 罗伯特 |
[05:56] | that ambition has clouded anything. | 我并不是被野心蒙蔽了双眼 |
[05:58] | It is that I was blind to this until now, what I am meant to be. | 而是我之前都没有意识到我注定该做什么 |
[06:02] | And I am meant to be President of the United States. | 我注定要成为美国总统 |
[06:35] | Wouldn’t you all like to hear from Claire first? | 你们是不是都想先听克莱尔讲话 |
[06:47] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[06:49] | Francis and I so appreciate you all coming out here | 弗兰西斯和我十分感激你们能冒着严寒 |
[06:51] | on such a cold day and welcoming us with such warmth! | 到这里来如此热情地欢迎我们 |
[06:54] | It’s so good to be back in Iowa! | 回到爱荷华真是太好了 |
[07:02] | And I can feel it, with your support and enthusiasm, | 而且我能感觉到 有了你们的支持和热情 |
[07:05] | there is no doubt that we are gonna take this state! | 我们毫无疑问会拿下这个州 |
[07:14] | – Hello. – Good evening. | -你好 -晚上好 |
[07:17] | So pleased to have you staying with us again, Mr. President. | 很高兴二位又能在我家留宿 总统先生 |
[07:19] | We always love coming here. | 我们一向喜欢来这里 |
[07:22] | It’s our favorite house in all of Iowa. | 这是全爱荷华我们最喜欢的房子 |
[07:24] | – If you need anything… – Thank you very much. | -如果二位有什么需要 -非常感谢 |
[07:26] | – Good night. – Have a good evening. | -晚安 -祝你们睡个好觉 |
[07:39] | You were wonderful today. | 你今天表现十分出色 |
[07:42] | They just adore you. | 他们非常喜欢你 |
[07:45] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[07:49] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[09:01] | Yes, connect me with Tom Yates, please. | 请帮我接通汤姆·耶茨的电话 |
[09:04] | No, I’ll hold. | 不 我等着 |
[09:07] | Mr. President? | 总统先生 |
[09:08] | Where’s the rest of it? | 剩下的部分呢 |
[09:10] | – Have you read it? – No, not yet. | -你读了吗 -还没有 |
[09:12] | Just this first chapter arrived. | 我只拿到了第一章 |
[09:14] | Will you please read it first, sir? And then let’s talk. | 请你先读一下 先生 然后我们再谈 |
[09:17] | Are you sick? You sound hoarse. | 你病了吗 你的声音有点哑 |
[09:19] | Well, no, I’m not sick. | 没有 我没生病 |
[09:20] | I haven’t slept much. | 只是缺觉而已 |
[09:22] | All right, I’ll call you tomorrow. | 好吧 我明天再给你打电话 |
[09:27] | Sir? | 先生 |
[09:28] | Excuse me. Sir? | 不好意思 先生 |
[09:31] | I forgot why I came in here. | 我忘了我进来干什么了 |
[09:33] | The orange juice. | 那瓶橙汁 |
[09:38] | That’ll be two twenty-five. | 2美元25美分 |
[09:41] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[09:57] | “The Fourth of July means nothing anymore. | “国庆节已经变得毫无意义 |
[10:02] | Overcooked hot dogs | 烤焦的热狗 |
[10:04] | and fireworks that always leave you disappointed. | 永远令你失望的焰火 |
[10:07] | Bite-size American flags made in China, | 中国制造的小号美国国旗 |
[10:10] | halfheartedly waved by five-year-olds | 在一心只想去打游戏的五岁顽童 |
[10:12] | who’d rather be playing Minecraft. | 手中有一搭没一搭地挥舞着 |
[10:15] | But the third of September, that’s a date which matters. | 但9月3日 却是真正重要的一天 |
[10:20] | It’s the day, three decades past, | 三十年前的这一天 |
[10:23] | that a redneck from Gaffney married a debutante from Dallas. | 一个加夫尼的农民娶到了一位达拉斯的名媛 |
[10:27] | And the Earth’s axis tilted that day, | 世界旋转的角度在那天改变了 |
[10:31] | though neither they, nor we, knew it at the time. | 尽管当时他们 以及我们都并不知道 |
[10:35] | Here’s a woman who describes her vows | 一个是将自己的婚誓比作 |
[10:38] | as a suicide flirting with a bridge’s edge. | 在桥边为自杀而犹豫徘徊的女人 |
[10:42] | And a man who wears his wedding ring as a badge of shame, | 一个是将婚戒当作羞耻徽章的男人 |
[10:46] | for the debutante deserved more. | 因为他觉得配不上这位名媛 |
[10:49] | But truly, what more could she desire? | 但是说真的 有夫如此 妇复何求 |
[10:53] | Together, they rule an empire without heirs. | 他们携手统治了一个没有子嗣的帝国 |
[10:57] | Legacy is their only child.” | 遗志是他们唯一的孩子” |
[11:08] | Come in. | 进来 |
[11:12] | He sent you a copy, too? | 他也寄了一份给你 |
[11:16] | I thought this was supposed to be about you, not us. | 我以为这书是关于你的 而不是我们 |
[11:20] | The whole thing was a mistake. | 这一切就是个错误 |
[11:22] | We revealed too much, Francis. | 我们暴露太多了 弗兰西斯 |
[11:23] | I should’ve never put you in that position. | 我不该把你置于那种境地 |
[11:25] | I’ll put an end to it. | 我会让这事到此为止 |
[11:28] | Do you think he was right? | 你觉得他说得对吗 |
[11:30] | About what? | 关于什么 |
[11:33] | “A cold fusion of two universal elements, | “两个通用元素冷聚变 |
[11:37] | identical in weight, equal in force. | 重量一致 力量均等 |
[11:39] | United they stand. A union like none other. | 他们站在一起 独一无二的联盟 |
[11:43] | The unsplittable atom of American politics.” | 成为美国政坛不可分裂的原子” |
[11:47] | Well, he was right about some things. | 他总算说对一点 |
[11:51] | I should go speak to him face to face, soften the blow. | 我应该跟他面谈 减轻对他的打击 |
[11:59] | She did an event in Oelwein yesterday | 她昨天在奥维恩有活动 |
[12:01] | and our people say you | 我们的人说 |
[12:02] | could barely hear her with all the cheering. | 欢呼声太大 几乎听不见她说话 |
[12:03] | How badly can she hurt us? | 她会对我们造成多大伤害 |
[12:04] | They only need a point or two and he’s in the margin of error. | 他们只需要多一两个百分点 而且还没算上误差 |
[12:06] | So we need to attack her. | 所以我们得攻击她 |
[12:08] | The UN stuff slid right off. We need something new. | 联合国的事没有攻击力 我们得想点新的 |
[12:15] | Let’s talk to Jackie. | 跟杰姬谈谈 |
[12:32] | Thank you for coming. How was your trip? | 谢谢你能来 旅行顺利吗 |
[12:34] | Good for me. A little rough for my mom, though. | 我还不错 但我妈受了点苦 |
[12:37] | She’s not used to seeing me more than two days in a row. | 她不习惯连续两天看到我 |
[12:39] | She actually ran out of questions. | 她都没问题问我了 |
[12:41] | I’m jealous. Have a seat. It’s been nonstop here for me. | 我好嫉妒 坐吧 我一直忙个不停 |
[12:47] | Full-time job here. | 这边要轮轴转 |
[12:49] | Doing surrogate appearances for Heather in California. | 还要代表希瑟去加州 |
[12:53] | We could really use you, Remy. | 我们真的很需要你 雷米 |
[12:57] | A recruiting session? | 这是招聘会面吗 |
[12:58] | You can’t be surprised. | 你也该想到了吧 |
[13:00] | I was hoping you just wanted to see my face. | 我还希望你只是想看看我 |
[13:05] | We can’t offer you as much as you made at Glendon Hill, | 我们无法向你提供格兰顿-希尔那样的薪酬 |
[13:08] | but we can offer you a lot more than you made at the White House. | 但我们能比白宫给的多得多 |
[13:12] | I’m not interested. | 我没兴趣 |
[13:15] | That was fast. Even for you. | 回答得太快了吧 即便是对你来说 |
[13:18] | – Where’d you land? – Nowhere. | -你去哪了 -没去哪 |
[13:22] | I’m out, Jackie. No more politics. | 我退出了 杰姬 不再参与政治 |
[13:24] | You know you don’t mean that. It’s who you are. | 你不是说真的 你就是干政治的 |
[13:26] | That’s what I thought, too, for a long time. | 我以前很长一段时间也这么认为 |
[13:29] | I don’t even know if I’ll stay in DC. | 我都不知道还要不要待在华府 |
[13:34] | What are you gonna do? | 那你怎么打算 |
[13:37] | That’s the best part. I have no idea. | 这就是最棒的地方 我完全不知道 |
[13:50] | I’ll save you the trouble of trying to convince me. | 你就别费劲说服我了 |
[13:55] | Claire Underwood. | 克莱尔·安德伍德 |
[13:58] | We need to hit her hard. | 我们必须狠狠打击她 |
[14:01] | You want dirt. I don’t have any. | 你想要把柄 我没有 |
[14:05] | You must. | 你肯定有 |
[14:10] | If I did, I don’t know if I’d shovel it your way. | 如果我真有 我不知道我会不会给你 |
[14:13] | But I don’t. They never let me in the inner circle. | 但我没有 他们从不让我进核心圈子 |
[14:23] | She pressed him, but nothing. | 她逼问过他 但毫无结果 |
[14:25] | I find it hard to believe | 我们竟然找不到 |
[14:26] | that we don’t have a single thing we can use. | 一点把柄 真是难以置信 |
[14:28] | Our OPPO team has looked at every article, | 对手研究团队已经翻遍过去25年的 |
[14:30] | every piece of footage going back 25 years. | 每篇文章 每卷录像带 |
[14:32] | Researched acquaintances, family, the works. | 调查过所有熟人 家人 全套 |
[14:35] | If it’s out there, we would’ve found it. | 如果真的有 我们早找到了 |
[14:37] | Wait. There is one thing. | 等等 还有一件事 |
[14:39] | What? | 什么 |
[14:57] | Hello? | 喂 |
[14:58] | Doug. It’s been a while. | 道格 好久没联系了 |
[15:00] | – What do you want? – The journal. | -你想要什么 -那份日记 |
[15:03] | What would it take? | 你要什么价 |
[15:06] | You said you would never do that to another woman. | 你说你永远不会那样对一个女人 |
[15:08] | – How much? – You’re offering money? | -要多少钱 -你要给我钱吗 |
[15:10] | If that’s what you want. | 如果这是你想要的 |
[15:14] | Betrayal doesn’t come cheap. | 要我背叛别人可不便宜 |
[15:17] | Name a figure. | 说个数字吧 |
[15:25] | What do you like to read? | 你喜欢看什么书 |
[15:31] | Do you read? | 平时看书吗 |
[15:33] | Yes, I read. | 我看的 |
[15:41] | Oh, thank you, Meechum. | 谢谢 密查姆 |
[15:48] | – You hate it. – I didn’t say that. | -你不喜欢 -我没那么说 |
[15:50] | You wouldn’t fly back from Iowa just to say, “Good job.” | 你不会专程从爱荷华飞回来夸我 |
[15:53] | Well, look, you’ve only turned in 21 pages, | 你刚给我21页 |
[15:56] | and the book was supposed to be finished by now. | 而那书本来现在就该完成了 |
[15:59] | It took me this long to figure out what the book is really about. | 我花了这么久才想清楚究竟该写什么 |
[16:02] | And what it’s about, is the two of you. | 它应该写的 是你们俩 |
[16:05] | We have to start over. | 我们得重新开始 |
[16:07] | Start over? | 重新开始 |
[16:10] | The book was supposed to be about America Works. | 书应该是写《美国就业法案》的 |
[16:13] | Now, you said you wanted to try a different approach. | 你跟我说想尝试不同的角度 |
[16:15] | I was skeptical, but then I went along with it and now, | 我有怀疑 但支持了你 如今 |
[16:18] | you’ve handed over to me the beginning of a book… | 你给了我一本书的开篇… |
[16:22] | about my marriage? | 还是写我的婚姻的 |
[16:24] | Well, do you want it fast, or do you want it right? | 你想要我写得快 还是写得好 |
[16:26] | I told you I’ve never written anything in less than a year. | 我跟你说过我从没在一年内写完一本书 |
[16:28] | Yeah, and in a month’s time, | 对 再过一个月 |
[16:30] | you’re gonna say you’ve come up with some new idea. | 你又会说有了新想法 |
[16:31] | No, this is it. You and Claire. | 不 就是这个了 你和克莱尔 |
[16:33] | The marriage. | 你们的婚姻 |
[16:34] | That’s the key that unlocks everything else. | 那是开启其他一切的关键 |
[16:38] | If I had wanted an exposé about my personal life, | 如果我想要曝光我的私人生活 |
[16:40] | I would’ve hired a staff writer from Us Weekly. | 就从《美国周刊》雇个撰稿人来了 |
[16:49] | Well… hold on a minute. This is not tabloid bullshit. | 等等 这不是小报的垃圾 |
[16:54] | You said, in this room, you wanted an original voice. | 在这屋里 你说 你想要独特的声音 |
[16:56] | I am giving it to you. | 我就在给你那个 |
[16:58] | You’re not narrow-minded, Mr. President. | 你不是思维狭隘的人 总统先生 |
[17:00] | I know you can appreciate what I’m trying to do. | 我知道你能理解我在做的事 |
[17:02] | Right, but see, that’s the problem right there. | 是的 但你看 这就是问题 |
[17:04] | This is about what you’re trying to do. | 这重点是你想做的事 |
[17:06] | What your needs and… what did you call it? | 是你的需求和…你怎么说的来着 |
[17:09] | – Your addiction. – That’s not true. | -你的瘾 -不是那样的 |
[17:11] | No, it is true. I hired you to do a job, | 不 就是这样 我雇你来完成任务 |
[17:13] | which was to get me votes. | 就是帮我拉到选票 |
[17:15] | Yesterday, not six months from now. | 早就该做到了 而不是六个月后 |
[17:17] | Now, look, it’s no big deal. It didn’t work out. | 这不是什么大事 这事没成功 |
[17:20] | But I promise you, you will be paid in full. | 但我保证 会付你全款 |
[17:21] | Thank you, Tom. | 谢谢你 汤姆 |
[17:23] | This deserves to be finished, and it deserves to be read. | 这书应该写完 应该被人读到 |
[17:25] | Well, I just happen to disagree with you. | 我恰好不同意 |
[17:30] | Are you afraid of what I wrote? | 你害怕我写的东西吗 |
[17:33] | Afraid? No. | 害怕 不 |
[17:34] | It’s just no one’s business. | 这只是不关其他人的事 |
[17:38] | Well, you can’t bury it. | 你不能埋没它 |
[17:42] | I won’t allow that. | 我不会允许 |
[17:57] | You’re in an intimate relationship with Kate Baldwin, | 你正在跟凯特·鲍德温拍拖 |
[18:00] | isn’t that correct? | 对吗 |
[18:01] | I’ve never said anything because I presume that you can | 我从没提过这事 因为我相信 |
[18:04] | separate your personal life from our professional arrangement. | 你可以把个人生活跟我们的专业协议分开 |
[18:08] | But before you start getting any reckless ideas, | 但在你考虑一些轻率的主意前 |
[18:11] | why don’t you just remember one thing: I own this material. | 不如先记住一件事 这本书是我的 |
[18:15] | And if you attempt to share it with anybody, | 如果你想跟任何人分享它 |
[18:17] | and I mean one single com.funword.word, | 哪怕是一个字 |
[18:20] | litigation will be the least of your worries. | 诉讼算是最轻的麻烦了 |
[18:23] | I mean, after all, I don’t think either of us | 毕竟 我想我们都不愿意 |
[18:26] | wants any controversy about the authorship of your first book. | 看到你第一本书的作者问题出现争议 |
[18:33] | Do we? | 对吧 |
[18:43] | Meechum, will you please escort Mr. Yates out? | 密查姆 送耶茨先生出去好吗 |
[18:47] | And good luck to you, Tom. | 祝你好运 汤姆 |
[18:53] | Too bad about the book. | 书的事真遗憾 |
[18:54] | You don’t really mean that. | 你不是真那么想 |
[18:57] | No, I don’t. | 没错 |
[19:06] | Mr. Grayson is on the line, sir. | 格雷森先生来电 先生 |
[19:08] | What was that? | 你说什么 |
[19:10] | Mr. Grayson is on the line, sir. He says it’s urgent. | 格雷森先生来电 先生 他说是急事 |
[19:22] | He’s on line one, sir. | 他在1号线上 先生 |
[19:30] | Seth? | 赛斯 |
[19:34] | All right. I better stay in Washington. | 好的 我最好待在华盛顿 |
[19:37] | Let Vaughn know. | 告诉沃恩 |
[19:41] | Get me Claire. | 给我接克莱尔 |
[19:43] | You think the timing is strategic? | 你觉得宣布时机是算计好的 |
[19:45] | Well, he and Dunbar are close. | 他和邓巴关系很好 |
[19:48] | Do you have any idea who you’re going to nominate? | 你对提名谁有想法吗 |
[19:50] | We’ll go through our master list in the morning, | 我们明早会过一遍总名单 |
[19:51] | but this’ll take me off the campaign trail. | 但这会让我无法按计划做宣传 |
[19:53] | I won’t be in Iowa for a day or two. You’re okay to cover me? | 我一两天内还不能去爱荷华 你能替我吗 |
[19:56] | Yes, of course. I’ll keep waving my pom-poms. | 当然可以 我会继续挥舞捧花 |
[19:59] | Well, you’re a saint to do it without me, | 你能单独宣传真是个圣人 |
[20:01] | but it’s probably best. | 但也许这样更好 |
[20:02] | They like you even better. | 他们更喜欢你 |
[20:06] | Did you speak with Tom? | 你跟汤姆谈过了吗 |
[20:08] | I did. He didn’t take it well, but I made it very clear. | 谈了 他不太乐意 但我说得很明确 |
[20:13] | I read it again. The chapter. | 我又看了一遍那一章 |
[20:16] | Let it go. We’re done with him. | 别管了 我们摆脱他了 |
[20:20] | Claire? | 克莱尔 |
[20:22] | Sorry. Uh, the last event went quite long. | 抱歉 上场活动持续了很久 |
[20:24] | I’m fading. | 我累坏了 |
[20:27] | Well, you get some sleep. We’ll talk tomorrow. | 你休息吧 明天再说 |
[20:29] | Okay. Good night, Francis. | 好 晚安 弗兰西斯 |
[20:31] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[20:45] | This is a nice surprise. | 真是惊喜 |
[20:47] | Now a bad time? | 时机不对吗 |
[20:48] | Not at all. How did you get in the building? | 不会 你怎么进来的 |
[20:51] | Nobody called me. | 没人通知我 |
[20:52] | The receptionist. Scorpio is her favorite book. | 接待员最喜欢的书是《天蝎》 |
[20:55] | Of course, it is. | 当然啦 |
[20:57] | What are you working on? | 在忙什么呢 |
[20:59] | Covert operation in the Jordan Valley. | 约旦河谷的机密行动 |
[21:01] | Your boy Underwood has refused to confirm or deny, | 你老板安德伍德既不承认也不否认 |
[21:04] | but take a look at that. | 但你看看这个 |
[21:09] | That’s a letter to the family of Justin Nix. | 这是写给贾斯汀·尼克斯家人的信 |
[21:12] | Navy SEAL who died the same day as the covert operation. | 机密行动当天死亡的海豹突击队队员 |
[21:15] | Signed by the president. | 总统签了字 |
[21:17] | Says it was a training exercise. | 上面写他在演练中丧生 |
[21:19] | I just got off the phone with a source in the DOD | 我刚跟国防部的线人通了电话 |
[21:21] | and they said there were no SEAL training exercises that day. | 他们说当天没有海豹突击队演练 |
[21:24] | His death is the only | 而10月18日 |
[21:25] | military KIA reported on October eighteenth. | 只报告了他一人阵亡 |
[21:30] | Am I shattering your illusions about the guy? | 我是不是打破你对他的美好幻想了 |
[21:33] | He fired me. | 他炒了我 |
[21:35] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[21:39] | I didn’t want to e-mail it to you. | 我不想给你发邮件 |
[21:41] | This is it? | 你的书 |
[21:43] | The first chapter. | 第一章 |
[21:45] | Justice Jacobs served our nation with duty and distinction. | 雅各布斯法官尽职尽责地服务了国家 |
[21:50] | And when the Court was strongly divided, | 当法院意见不一致时 |
[21:51] | as it was many times during his 23 years on the bench, | 在他任职的23年里 他数次 |
[21:54] | it was his swing vote | 凭自己的关键票 |
[21:56] | that created legal precedents that will last for centuries. | 创造了流传后世的法律判例 |
[21:59] | Now, it will not be an easy seat to fill, but fill it I must. | 虽然替任者很难找 但我一定会找到 |
[22:04] | Sir. | 先生 |
[22:05] | Dunbar’s people just reached out to me. | 邓巴的人刚联系我 |
[22:07] | She’s back in Washington and she wants to meet with you. | 她回华盛顿了 想见你 |
[22:10] | What for? | 干什么 |
[22:11] | She wants to talk about the nomination. | 她想谈法官提名的事 |
[22:13] | She wants to propose someone. | 她想推荐人 |
[22:15] | Yes. Herself. | 没错 她自己 |
[22:20] | Find a time. And find somewhere discreet. | 找个时间 找个隐秘的地方 |
[22:23] | I don’t want anyone on staff seeing her. | 别让任何在职人员看到她 |
[22:45] | Good morning. I’m Claire Underwood. | 早上好 我是克莱尔·安德伍德 |
[22:48] | Uh, I just changed her diaper. | 我刚给她换了尿布 |
[22:49] | I haven’t had a chance to wash my hands. | 还没来得及洗手 |
[22:52] | What is her name? She’s beautiful. | 她叫什么 她好漂亮 |
[22:55] | – Kayla. – Kayla. And what’s your name? | -凯拉 -凯拉 你叫什么 |
[22:57] | – Suzie. – Hi, Suzie. | -苏茜 -你好 苏茜 |
[22:59] | Well, I just wanted to thank you so much for your support. | 我只想感谢你的支持 |
[23:02] | It means so much to my husband and me. | 对我丈夫和我意义重大 |
[23:04] | I don’t support him. | 我不支持他 |
[23:07] | I saw the signs out front. | 我看到了外面的标志 |
[23:09] | Those are my husband’s. I support Heather Dunbar. | 那是我丈夫的 我支持希瑟·邓巴 |
[23:13] | When we vetted the house, the husband was here. | 我们来踩点时 她丈夫在 |
[23:17] | Um, would you ever consider changing your mind? | 你会考虑改变想法吗 |
[23:20] | I’m sorry, Mrs. Underwood, | 抱歉 安德伍德夫人 |
[23:22] | I don’t really want to be on TV or in the papers. | 我不想上电视或报纸 |
[23:25] | My apologies about that. | 抱歉 |
[23:26] | Would you mind if I just came inside? | 介意我进去坐坐吗 |
[23:28] | No cameras, just me? | 不拍照 只有我 |
[23:31] | I guess so. | 应该可以吧 |
[23:32] | We need to do a sweep of the house first, ma’am. | 我们得先排查这间房子 夫人 |
[23:34] | No. And they stay out here. | 不用 他们留在外面 |
[23:55] | Hello, Heather. | 你好 希瑟 |
[23:58] | How’s Robert? | 罗伯特怎么样 |
[24:00] | He’s sad. | 他很难过 |
[24:02] | But at least he’s making his exit with grace. | 但他至少能体面地退出 |
[24:05] | Those were some very nice things | 你在新闻发布会上 |
[24:06] | you said about him during your press conference. | 说他的话很不错 |
[24:09] | Well, what was it you said to me… | 你之前怎么跟我说的 |
[24:12] | about, uh, making things palatable? | 要把什么说成好听的 |
[24:15] | – The obscene. – Ah, yes. The obscene. | -不堪的目的 -没错 不堪 |
[24:17] | Well, it is obscene, a mind like his losing its sharpness. | 的确是不堪 他这么好的头脑不再灵活 |
[24:23] | I didn’t expect the Oval, but this is interesting. | 我不指望去总统办公室 但这…有意思 |
[24:27] | This is where Petrov and I smoked cigars during the summit. | 这是我和佩特罗夫在峰会时抽雪茄的地方 |
[24:31] | That’s where he put his out on the wall. | 这是他在墙上戳灭烟头的地方 |
[24:34] | So, Seth tells me you want the nomination. | 赛斯跟我说你想要法官提名 |
[24:38] | No. I just said that to get in the door. | 不 我是为了进门才那么说 |
[24:42] | Robert thought you’d say yes in a heartbeat | 罗伯特认为如果这意味着我退出竞选 |
[24:44] | if it meant me dropping out of the race. | 你会立刻答应 |
[24:46] | But the decision you have to make | 但是退不退出 |
[24:48] | is whether you’ll drop out or not. | 是你要做的决定 |
[24:51] | And why would I do that? | 我为什么要那么做呢 |
[24:53] | I know Claire lied about the abortion, | 我知道克莱尔在流产一事上撒了谎 |
[24:55] | and I have the journal to prove it. | 我也有日记作为证据 |
[24:57] | I’m giving you an opportunity to bow out gracefully, | 我是在给你体面退出的机会 |
[25:00] | just like Robert. | 就像罗伯特那样 |
[25:01] | But you have to do it before the caucus. | 但是你要在党团会议之前退出 |
[25:04] | I’ll give you three days. | 我给你三天时间 |
[25:07] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[25:11] | The one you asked Doug to destroy. | 就是你让道格销毁的那本 |
[25:14] | I wouldn’t be so certain that he did it. | 他或许没有照做 |
[25:18] | So… | 那么… |
[25:22] | you’re finally one of us. | 你终于也变成我们这种人了 |
[25:24] | One of who? | 什么人 |
[25:26] | The men. In their smoky back rooms. | 待在烟雾缭绕的密室里的男人 |
[25:33] | And even if there was a journal… | 如果日记真的存在 |
[25:36] | you don’t have it in you. | 你也没这个种 |
[25:39] | Make whatever assumption you want. | 随便你怎么想 |
[25:46] | Well, Robert was right. I would offer you the nomination. | 罗伯特是对的 我会把提名给你 |
[25:49] | You should take the advice of a smart man. | 你应该采纳睿智之人的建议 |
[25:55] | Three days, Mr. President. | 三天 总统先生 |
[25:57] | Think about Claire. | 想想克莱尔 |
[26:00] | Show me out, please. | 请送我出去 |
[26:04] | She can go after me all she wants, | 她怎么冲我来都可以 |
[26:05] | but she goes after Claire, | 可她敢找克莱尔的麻烦 |
[26:06] | I’ll slit her fucking throat in broad daylight. | 我就在光天化日之下割了她喉咙 |
[26:10] | Like when he pardoned Walker, and that other guy, the rich one. | 他赦免了沃克 还有那个有钱人 |
[26:14] | – Raymond Tusk. – Yeah, him. | -雷蒙德·塔斯克 -对 就是他 |
[26:16] | I mean, those were bad people, and he let them off the hook. | 他们是坏人 结果却被他放走了 |
[26:19] | And then he says he’s not running and he does. | 还有 他说不参选 结果还是参选了 |
[26:21] | Well, it’s a little more complicated | 这个嘛 比你说的 |
[26:23] | than the way you’re putting it. | 要更复杂一些 |
[26:24] | There’s a lot of variables | 有很多因素 |
[26:25] | that go into making decisions like that, and… | 导致他做出那样的决策 |
[26:27] | I can tell you I was right beside him and he was agonizing. | 那时我就在他身边 我知道他多痛苦 |
[26:31] | I’m sorry. She’s hungry. | 抱歉 她饿了 |
[26:34] | I still breastfeed my girl. | 我还在给我女儿喂奶 |
[26:39] | – Go outside, please. – Ma’am? | -请回避一下 -夫人 |
[26:44] | Just go outside. | 出去一下就好 |
[26:48] | I can go out too, if you like. | 你要是希望的话 我也可以回避 |
[26:50] | No, it’s okay. | 不必了 |
[26:51] | As long as you don’t mind seeing some boob. | 只要你不介意看到我的胸 |
[26:57] | Does she have any brothers or sisters? | 她有兄弟姐妹吗 |
[26:58] | No, this is the only one. | 没有 她是独生女 |
[27:01] | James and I have been trying for a while. | 詹姆斯和我努力了好一阵儿 |
[27:03] | Had some trouble getting pregnant. | 我一直怀不上 |
[27:05] | – James is your husband? – Yeah. He goes by Jim. | -詹姆斯是你丈夫 -是 他叫吉姆 |
[27:08] | But I like James better. | 但我更喜欢叫他詹姆斯 |
[27:11] | Well, he must trust my husband. He’s supporting him. | 他肯定是信任我丈夫的 毕竟他支持他 |
[27:14] | James doesn’t know what that com.funword.word means. | 詹姆斯都不知道那个词什么意思 |
[27:17] | – Trust? – Yeah. The whole town knows it. | -信任吗 -对 整个镇子都知道 |
[27:19] | He runs after anything in a skirt. | 只要是女人他都追 |
[27:22] | Which I don’t mind so much, to be honest. | 说实在话 我不怎么介意 |
[27:23] | I mean, I’ve had a fling or two myself. | 我自己也放纵过几回 |
[27:26] | What I don’t like is how he lies about it. | 我不喜欢他为此撒谎 |
[27:28] | And then, when he asks me if I’ve been with someone | 然后 当他问我有没有另找过 |
[27:30] | and I say yes, he flips out. | 而我说有的时候 他就气得发疯 |
[27:32] | Like there’s some kind of double standard. | 就好像存在双重标准似的 |
[27:34] | I mean, he wants to dog Christy Mulligan | 他想在克里斯蒂·莫利根 |
[27:35] | in the back of her brand new Escalade? | 新车的后座上跟她后入式 |
[27:37] | Fine. Why shouldn’t I be able to give Kyle Beckenbauer some head | 行啊 那为什么我就不能为凯拉的婴儿床 |
[27:40] | for building Kayla’s crib? | 给凯尔·贝肯鲍尔吹箫致谢呢 |
[27:44] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[27:45] | This is what happens when you don’t sleep for three months. | 这就是三个月不睡的结果 |
[27:49] | You two fight? You and your husband? | 你们两口子打架吗 你和你丈夫 |
[27:52] | Every married couple fights. | 每对已婚夫妇都吵架的 |
[27:53] | I mean, really fight. Like, the cops get called. | 我是指真正的打架 能把警察招来那种 |
[27:56] | Or they would, if he wasn’t the president. | 或者说 他要不是总统 警察就会来那种 |
[28:00] | ‘Cause I mean, | 因为 |
[28:00] | the sheriff is practically a family member at this point. | 治安官如今几乎是我们家一员了 |
[28:04] | Now we’re fighting about the damn election. | 现在我们又为这该死的选举打架 |
[28:06] | Like those stupid yard signs. | 比如院子里那些破标语 |
[28:08] | Sometimes, I wish I could just pull up stakes and leave him. | 有时候我真希望能收拾东西离开他 |
[28:11] | But I can’t. Why not? | 但是我做不到 为什么呢 |
[28:14] | Because of this little one. | 因为这个小家伙 |
[28:16] | Last in vitro we did, I said to myself, | 我们最后一次做试管婴儿时 我对自己说 |
[28:18] | if this one doesn’t work, I’m outta here. | 如果这次还不行 我就走人 |
[28:21] | We had to double mortgage the house to pay for it. | 我们为了要孩子把房子二次抵押了 |
[28:24] | But it worked. And… here I am. | 但好使了 于是就这样了 |
[28:31] | If I was like you… didn’t have a kid… | 如果我像你 没孩子 |
[28:36] | Can I tell you a secret? | 能告诉你个秘密吗 |
[28:38] | No mother will admit this, but sometimes I fantasize, | 没有哪个母亲会承认 但有时候我幻想 |
[28:41] | like, like this pillow here… | 用这块枕头… |
[28:44] | I mean, and when Kayla was in her crib. | 趁凯拉在摇篮里的时候 |
[28:46] | Two minutes. That’s all it would take, and I could go. | 就两分钟就行 我就能离开了 |
[28:50] | And I wouldn’t be stuck to a man I want to leave, | 我不用留在一个我想离开的男人身边 |
[28:51] | rubbing lotion on my nipples, they’re so raw. | 往乳头上抹乳液 好让它软 |
[28:55] | I could start over. | 我可以重新开始 |
[29:01] | Of course, I don’t mean it. I mean, I’d never to do that. | 当然 我不是真那么想 我绝不会那么做 |
[29:04] | But… you have thoughts. | 但…人会胡思乱想 |
[29:07] | You know what, Suzie, | 苏茜 |
[29:07] | I think I’ve taken up too much of your time. | 我觉得我占用你太多时间了 |
[29:11] | You know I’m not serious, right? | 你知道我不是真那么想吧 |
[29:16] | Of course. | 当然 |
[29:17] | I’m sorry. I’m just… | 抱歉 我就是… |
[29:20] | I’m so tired. | 好累啊 |
[29:23] | You’re a really good listener. | 你真是个好倾听者 |
[29:25] | I wish you were running for president. | 真希望你能去竞选总统 |
[29:29] | Hey, you can tell them I’m for your husband if you want. | 如果你想可以告诉他们我支持你丈夫 |
[29:31] | I probably won’t even caucus. | 我大概都不会参加党团会议 |
[29:34] | Good luck to you, Suzie. | 祝你好运 苏茜 |
[29:41] | Mrs. Underwood, did she change her mind? | 安德伍德夫人 她改主意了吗 |
[29:44] | No, she stuck to her guns. | 没有 她坚持己见 |
[29:45] | But you can’t blame a woman for having conviction. | 但你不能怪一个女人坚持信念 |
[29:49] | The president just called for you. | 总统刚刚打来找您 |
[29:51] | I’ll call him back from the car. | 我上车后给他打回去 |
[29:53] | Listen to me. What I’m about to say, I don’t want you to panic. | 听我说 我要告诉你件事 你别慌 |
[29:57] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[30:01] | The journal. Dunbar claims she has it. | 日记 邓巴说在她手里 |
[30:07] | – But how? – I don’t know. | -怎么会 -我不知道 |
[30:09] | It looks like it might have been Doug. | 看来可能是道格 |
[30:10] | – He was supposed to– – I know. It’s hard for me to believe. | -他不是… -我知道 我也难以置信 |
[30:14] | No, Francis. This can’t happen. | 不 弗兰西斯 这绝不行 |
[30:16] | Meechum is tracking him down now. | 密查姆正在找他 |
[30:19] | Sweetheart, listen to me. | 亲爱的 听我说 |
[30:20] | No, the whole thing, it– The whole thing– | 不 这件事…这件事 |
[30:22] | All she did was make the threat. | 她只是威胁了我 |
[30:23] | That doesn’t mean she actually has it. | 她未必真会那么做 |
[30:25] | Whatever you have to do. Just fix it, Francis. | 不论如何 解决这事 弗兰西斯 |
[30:27] | I will, I promise you that. | 我会的 我保证 |
[30:28] | But in the meantime, you have to come back here. | 但是现在 你得回来 |
[30:30] | I need you to get to the plane. You have to come back. | 你得上飞机 你得回来 |
[30:33] | I don’t want you there, out on the road, if we get blindsided. | 如果我们被奇袭了 我不希望你还在外面 |
[30:37] | Claire? Claire. | 克莱尔 克莱尔 |
[30:44] | I’ll come home. | 我这就回去 |
[30:45] | You go straight to the plane. We’ll say you weren’t feeling well. | 马上登机 就说你不舒服 |
[30:49] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:51] | God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, | 上帝 让我平静接受我无法改变的事 |
[30:55] | the courage to change the things I can, | 让我勇敢改变我可以改变的事 |
[30:58] | and the wisdom to know the difference. | 并拥有分辨二者的智慧 |
[31:01] | Keep coming back. It works if you work it. | 坚持来 如果有帮助 就继续努力 |
[31:25] | So? | 怎么样 |
[31:27] | You honestly believed he’d go for this? | 你还真以为他会喜欢这个吗 |
[31:31] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[31:33] | The writing is good. And it’s honest. | 内容很好 而且很坦诚 |
[31:37] | But what candidate in their right mind | 但哪个神经正常的候选人 |
[31:39] | would want something like this out there? | 会希望这样的东西发表啊 |
[31:40] | I need you to write about it. That he’s trying to suppress this. | 我要你报导出去 他想扼杀这本书 |
[31:44] | – What you need is sleep. – Do this for me, Kate. | -你需要的是睡眠 -帮帮我吧 凯特 |
[31:47] | – I can’t. It’s a conflict of interest. – Come on. | -不行 这有利益冲突 -得了 |
[31:49] | The moment we slept together, we crossed the line. | 我们一上床 就越界了 |
[31:52] | Fuck the line! | 去他的界线 |
[31:53] | I’m not risking my reputation because your book is dead. | 我不能因为你的书没戏就赌上我的名誉 |
[31:57] | Oh, no. Not dead. | 不 还有戏呢 |
[31:59] | I’m gonna finish it. | 我会写完的 |
[32:00] | I’ll change the names if I have to, call it fiction. | 如果有必要 我会改掉名字 当成小说 |
[32:02] | He’s the President of the United States. | 他是美国总统 |
[32:04] | – So what? – He crushes people. | -那又如何 -他能毁掉别人 |
[32:07] | Let this go. Just start something new. | 放手吧 重新开始 |
[32:12] | “Start something new.” | “重新开始” |
[32:15] | Jesus… Christ, you don’t get it. | 天呐 你根本不懂 |
[32:20] | I do it all the time. | 我经常这样 |
[32:21] | My editor passes on a story, I move on to the next one. | 我的编辑毙掉一篇报导 我继续做下一篇 |
[32:24] | I’m so fucking disappointed in you right now. | 我现在对你太他妈失望了 |
[32:27] | Me? | 我吗 |
[32:28] | I’m the one trying to save you from your own delusions. | 我是想把你从幻想中拯救出来 |
[32:31] | That’s exactly what he said. | 他就是这么说的 |
[32:33] | Maybe he’s right. | 也许他说得对 |
[32:42] | I almost felt something for you. | 我都快对你有感情了 |
[33:07] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[33:15] | Let me take your coat. | 外套给我吧 |
[33:23] | Can I get you anything? Something to drink? | 要给你拿点什么吗 拿点喝的 |
[33:25] | No. No, I’m good. Thanks. | 不不 不用 谢谢 |
[33:36] | I appreciate the home visit, but I’m not gonna change my mind. | 多谢你来我家 但我不会改变主意的 |
[33:39] | No, no. I didn’t think you would. | 不不 我没觉得你会改主意 |
[33:43] | Something wrong? | 出什么事了吗 |
[33:48] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么做 |
[33:50] | I figured… | 我以为 |
[33:52] | when I asked you to join the campaign, | 我邀你加入竞选时 |
[33:54] | I just assumed you would say yes. | 我以为你会答应 |
[33:56] | That the two of us, we would be working together. | 我们就可以一起工作 |
[33:58] | And… | 而且 |
[34:04] | I… I… | 我…我 |
[34:06] | I can’t stop thinking about you. | 我无法停止想你 |
[34:10] | You’re married, Jackie. | 你结婚了 杰姬 |
[34:14] | For the wrong reasons. | 因为错误的原因 |
[34:18] | I thought you loved each other. | 我以为你们彼此相爱 |
[34:20] | Not like this. | 不是这种爱 |
[34:24] | I’m not the person I want to be. | 我没做我想做的人 |
[34:26] | You’re who you need to be. Look at what you’ve achieved. | 你做了你应该做的 看看你的成就 |
[34:29] | But you did it. You gave it all up. | 但你做到了 你彻底放弃了 |
[34:31] | In a heartbeat. | 毫不犹豫 |
[34:38] | We’re different people. | 我们是不同的人 |
[34:43] | You should go. | 你该走了 |
[34:48] | Put this behind you. | 把这些抛在脑后 |
[35:08] | I guess it was naive to think that we could remain close. | 看来以为我们依能保持亲密是我天真了 |
[35:18] | So this is it? | 到此为止了吗 |
[35:21] | Yeah. It is. | 是的 到此为止了 |
[35:29] | Jackie? | 杰姬 |
[35:34] | Jackie… | 杰姬 |
[36:21] | She says she has it. | 她说在她那儿 |
[36:23] | She doesn’t. | 她撒谎 |
[36:27] | How do I know there aren’t other copies? | 我怎么知道没有其它副本 |
[36:31] | Where do you keep your cigarettes? | 你的烟放在哪 |
[36:33] | In the bowl up there. | 在那上面的碗里 |
[37:28] | Why didn’t you destroy it when I first asked you to? | 我当初让你销毁时 你为什么不销毁 |
[37:31] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[37:33] | Something stopped me. Maybe I would need it one day. | 有什么阻止了我 也许有一天我会用到 |
[37:37] | For you. To prove my loyalty. | 为了你 证明我的忠诚 |
[37:40] | You told her. I’d hardly call that loyalty. | 你告诉她了 我可没法称之为忠诚 |
[37:43] | I had to show her I was serious. | 我得向她表明我是认真的 |
[37:44] | The journal was a way to do that. | 这份日记就能证明 |
[37:47] | I never came close to putting it in her possession. | 我从没想过把日记交给她 |
[37:52] | Anything else I should know? | 我还要知道什么吗 |
[37:54] | I’m sober. It’s been 87 days. | 我戒酒了 已经87天了 |
[37:56] | I meant in regards to Dunbar. | 我是说关于邓巴 |
[37:58] | It is related. This is a tight race. | 这是有关的 现在双方势均力敌 |
[38:03] | Make me your Chief of Staff. | 让我做你的幕僚长 |
[38:07] | You promised. | 你保证过的 |
[38:08] | You promised there’d be a place for me here when I was ready. | 你保证等我准备好了 这里会有我一席之地 |
[38:11] | That was before you fell off the wagon | 那是在你旧瘾复发 |
[38:13] | and walked in here with that journal. | 拿着日记走进来之前 |
[38:14] | I’ve made mistakes. | 我犯过错 |
[38:16] | I’ve fallen down more than once, | 我不止一次跌倒 |
[38:17] | and you’ve always been there to pick me up. | 而你总会扶我起来 |
[38:20] | But you’ve been falling down for the past year, too, | 但过去一年 你也不断跌倒 |
[38:23] | and you need someone to pick you up this time. | 这次你需要一个人来扶你 |
[38:26] | It’s not Remy. It’s not Seth. | 不是雷米 不是赛斯 |
[38:30] | It’s me, Frank. | 是我 弗兰克 |
[38:36] | And how can I know I can ever trust you again? | 我怎么知道我能再次信任你呢 |
[38:41] | Because I just lit two million dollars on fire. | 因为我刚刚烧掉了两百万美元 |
[38:46] | We expect higher than usual turnout, anywhere from 180 to 220. | 到会人数可能比以往多 在180到220之间 |
[38:50] | The higher the turnout, the better. | 人越多越好 |
[38:51] | We’re stronger with women and students. | 我们在女性和学生中较受欢迎 |
[38:53] | – We’ve got a GOTV– – Excuse me, I have to take this. | -我们已争取到… -抱歉 我得接这通电话 |
[38:57] | Doug? | 道格 |
[38:58] | I have an update regarding the journal. | 关于日记 我有新消息要告诉你 |
[39:00] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[39:01] | A message from the president. | 来自总统的口信 |
[39:14] | I have only one thing to say. | 我只有一件事要说 |
[39:17] | Go fuck yourself. | 去你妈的 |
[39:24] | Christ, that felt good. | 天呐 感觉太棒了 |
[39:28] | Start putting together a shortlist | 列一份最高法院的 |
[39:30] | of potential nominees for the court. | 人选名单 |
[39:36] | You already…? | 你已经… |
[39:38] | I’m on it, sir. | 有我呢 先生 |
[39:53] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[39:57] | Want me to have them make you something | 要我叫楼下厨房 |
[39:58] | from the downstairs kitchen? | 给你做点什么吗 |
[40:00] | No, I ate on the plane. Just feeling a little warm. | 不用 我在机上吃了 就是有点热 |
[40:03] | It’ll pass. | 会过去的 |
[40:09] | What did Doug say? | 道格怎么说 |
[40:13] | It’s destroyed. | 已经销毁了 |
[40:15] | I watched him burn the page myself. | 我亲眼看他烧的 |
[40:18] | – What about copies? – He says there aren’t any. | -有副本吗 -他说没有 |
[40:20] | And you trust him? | 你信任他吗 |
[40:22] | He had ample opportunity to do us real damage and he didn’t. | 他有的是机会搞破坏 但他没有 |
[40:25] | – But he held onto it for so long– – I believe him, Claire. | -但他留了那么久 -我信他 克莱尔 |
[40:29] | I believe him. | 我信他 |
[40:33] | And I’m gonna make him my Chief of Staff. | 我要让他做幕僚长 |
[40:37] | Are you out of your mind? | 你疯了吗 |
[40:39] | We need him, Claire. We need him now more than ever. | 我们需要他 克莱尔 如今更甚以往 |
[40:41] | He betrayed us, Francis! | 他背叛了我们 弗兰西斯 |
[40:42] | He told Dunbar about me. | 他把我的事告诉了邓巴 |
[40:44] | To gain her trust, not betray ours. | 是为了赢得她的信任 不是为了背叛我们 |
[40:47] | Look, Doug is the only person we’ve ever been able to trust, | 听我说 道格是我们一直以来唯一能信任的人 |
[40:50] | and he played this very smart. | 而且他这次手段很高明 |
[40:52] | He never put us in any real danger. | 他从未真的让我们有危险 |
[40:53] | The journal is gone. She can’t do anything. | 日记已经销毁 她做不了什么 |
[40:56] | Why didn’t you ask me before you brought him back? | 你让他回来之前 为什么不跟我商量 |
[40:58] | – Bec– We’re discussing it now. – After you hired him! | -我们这不在商量吗 -你已经雇了他 |
[41:01] | Look. I know this must have been harrowing for you, | 听我说 我知道这事让你很揪心 |
[41:03] | – but listen, it is ov– – No. I don’t– | -但听我说 都结束了 -不 我不… |
[41:06] | I’m starting to question all of it, Francis. | 我开始质疑一切了 弗兰西斯 |
[41:09] | What any of it is worth. What… what are we doing this for? | 这一切究竟有什么意义 我们这么做是为了什么 |
[41:13] | For this house. | 为了这栋房子 |
[41:16] | For the presidency. | 为了总统之位 |
[41:19] | Now, look, if you need to take a few days off, that’s fine. | 听我说 如果你需要休息几天 那没什么 |
[41:22] | You do not have to come with me to Iowa tomorrow. | 你明天不用跟我去爱荷华州 |
[41:27] | No. Of course, I’ll be there. | 不 我当然要去 |
[41:41] | Welcome back, Doug. Congratulations. | 欢迎回来 道格 恭喜了 |
[41:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:46] | I just wanted to get a heads up on | 我只想问下你打算 |
[41:47] | when you’d like to make the formal announcement. | 什么时候正式宣布 |
[41:49] | Let’s do it after the caucus. | 党团会议之后吧 |
[41:50] | I don’t want to draw any attention away from the campaign. | 不要让大家的注意力偏离竞选 |
[41:53] | You probably shouldn’t attend the press briefing today. | 那你今天别参加新闻发布会了 |
[41:55] | No. I’ll take off before then. | 嗯 我会在那之前走的 |
[41:57] | Here, you should see this. | 给 你该看看 |
[42:00] | This just came out ten minutes ago. | 10分钟前曝出的 |
[42:02] | 证据增加 美军海豹突击队 参与约旦河谷行动 | |
[42:06] | Have you shown the president? | 你给总统看了吗 |
[42:07] | I drafted up some talking points. | 我起草了讲话要点 |
[42:08] | I figured you’d want to brief him. | 我觉得你会想去跟他说 |
[42:10] | I’ll be in my office. | 我回办公室了 |
[42:12] | Seth. | 赛斯 |
[42:16] | The president told me you asked for the job. | 总统告诉我你也想做这工作 |
[42:21] | Yeah, I didn’t realize that you were in contention. | 我当时不知道你也有这打算 |
[42:23] | I don’t want you to resent me. | 我不希望你怨我 |
[42:25] | Hey, I’m a professional. | 我是专业人士的 |
[42:28] | Let me know if you want any changes made to the talking points. | 你如果要改讲话要点告诉我 |
[42:31] | I’m sure they’re good. | 肯定写的很好 |
[42:33] | You can share ’em with the president. | 拿去给总统吧 |
[42:37] | You don’t want to look ’em over first? | 你不要先过目吗 |
[42:39] | No. I trust your judgment. | 不用 我相信你 |
[42:53] | I can tell you that the shortlist is coming along, | 我可以告诉大家 名单正在筹办 |
[42:55] | and it is my intention to nominate someone | 我有意在接下来两三周里 |
[42:58] | within the next two or three weeks. | 就做出提名 |
[43:00] | It’s very important that we do this quickly, | 我们一定要行动快 |
[43:03] | so that the Senate has time for their hearings. | 让参议院有时间进行听证 |
[43:05] | And we shouldn’t leave that seat empty too long anyway, | 这个位置本来也不好空太久 |
[43:08] | while the Court is still in session. | 法庭还要继续运行 |
[43:10] | – Mr. President? – Sara. | -总统 -萨拉 |
[43:12] | Mr. President, would you comment on Ms. Baldwin’s article | 总统先生 您能就鲍德温女士关于 |
[43:15] | about the Jordan Valley operation? | 约旦河谷行动的文章做下评论吗 |
[43:17] | I think Ms. Baldwin’s article | 我觉得鲍德温女士的文章 |
[43:18] | is really nothing more than speculation. | 不过是臆测 |
[43:20] | – But the evidence… – I’m sorry? | -但是证据 -什么 |
[43:21] | But the evidence she presents is convincing. | 但她提出的证据很有说服力 |
[43:25] | Evidence? A letter? | 证据 一封信吗 |
[43:28] | Unfortunately, I have to write letters like that | 很遗憾 我虽不愿意 |
[43:30] | more often than I would like. | 却不得不常写这种信 |
[43:31] | And I don’t think it’s proof of anything more than | 我觉得这仅仅能证明 |
[43:34] | I reached out to the family of a young man | 我曾写信给一个为国捐躯的 |
[43:36] | who sacrificed his life for our country | 年轻人的家人 |
[43:38] | and for which I am eternally grateful. | 以及我对此永远充满谢意 |
[43:41] | Mr. President? | 总统先生 |
[43:42] | Well, Ms. Baldwin, it is your article we’re discussing. | 鲍德温女士 我们讨论的是你的文章 |
[43:45] | I suppose I’d get hammered | 我想如果我不让你提问 |
[43:46] | if I didn’t allow you to ask a question. | 恐怕会挨批评 |
[43:48] | Thank you, Mr. President. My question is very straightforward. | 谢谢 总统先生 我的问题很简单 |
[43:51] | You mentioned in the letter | 您在信中提到 |
[43:52] | that Lieutenant Nix died in a training exercise. | 尼可斯中尉在演练中丧命 |
[43:54] | You signed this letter with your own hand. | 您亲自在信上签名 |
[43:56] | Can you tell us in all honesty that this is how he died? | 您能如实告诉我们他是这么死的吗 |
[43:59] | I can tell you that | 我要告诉你 |
[44:00] | this is exactly what the Pentagon reported to me. | 这就是五角大楼向我报告的情况 |
[44:03] | And beyond that, it’s not the policy of this administration | 除此之外 政府和国防部 |
[44:05] | or the Department of Defense to discuss any specifics | 都不会讨论关于特种部队士兵 |
[44:08] | about any Special Forces deaths. | 死亡的详细情况 |
[44:10] | May I ask one more, please? | 我能再问一个问题吗 |
[44:11] | I believe we’re finished with that subject now. | 我想这个话题已经讨论完了 |
[44:13] | It’s about Iowa. | 是关于爱荷华 |
[44:15] | Yes, all right. Go ahead. | 好吧 问吧 |
[44:16] | Your wife has been doing a lot of events. | 您妻子出席了多场竞选活动 |
[44:18] | Did she resign her post at the United Nations | 她辞去在联合国的职位 |
[44:20] | because you think she’s more valuable as a campaign asset | 是因为您觉得她作为竞选筹码 |
[44:23] | than an ambassador? | 比当大使更有价值吗 |
[44:24] | Claire has been doing a lot of events, that is true, | 克莱尔确实出席了很多活动 这是事实 |
[44:27] | as she has in every campaign that I have ever run. | 跟她以前参与我的每场竞选一样 |
[44:30] | I’m hoping, I suppose my strategy is that if the American people | 我想我的策略是希望美国人民 |
[44:33] | can see that I was smart enough | 看到我能凭聪明才智 |
[44:34] | to marry an extraordinary woman like Claire, | 娶到像克莱尔这样出色的女人 |
[44:36] | well, they might think I’m smart enough | 他们或许会认为我也有 |
[44:38] | to be President of the United States. | 当美国总统的脑子 |
[44:40] | As for the ambassadorship, | 至于大使的事 |
[44:41] | that was entirely her decision, not mine. | 那完全是她的决定 不是我的 |
[44:43] | She enjoys campaigning, and I’m looking forward to getting back | 她喜欢竞选宣传 我也希望能今天稍后能 |
[44:46] | to Iowa with her a little later today. | 回到爱荷华州陪伴她 |
[44:49] | Thank you all very much. | 非常感谢各位 |
[44:54] | We know he’s somewhere near Caracas. | 我们知道他在加拉加斯[委瑞内拉首都]附近 |
[44:56] | I need him back. | 我需要找他回来 |
[44:58] | The Venezuelans haven’t been cooperating. | 委瑞内拉方面不太配合 |
[45:00] | We have extradition. | 我们有引渡令 |
[45:02] | Doesn’t mean they’ll enforce. | 不代表他们会执行 |
[45:06] | Then get me a precise location. | 那就给我个准确地址 |
[45:08] | Why? | 为什么 |
[45:09] | It doesn’t concern you. | 这跟你没关系 |
[45:10] | It does concern me. There are a lot of people | 跟我有关 局里很多人 |
[45:12] | at the agency who are embarrassed that | 因为他的偷偷离境 |
[45:13] | he crossed the border without us knowing. | 而丢了人 |
[45:15] | That’s not my problem. | 那不是我的错 |
[45:17] | Was it you? Passport lock? | 是你吗 护照解锁 |
[45:22] | The only other agency that could’ve lifted it is Homeland. | 能办到这事的再就只有国安部 |
[45:25] | I know you have friends there. | 我知道你那里有朋友 |
[45:26] | I have friends everywhere. | 我到处都有朋友 |
[45:28] | I’m not gonna help you clean up your mess, Doug. | 我不会帮你擦屁股的 道格 |
[45:31] | Not if you helped him escape. | 如果是你帮他出逃的话 |
[45:34] | This isn’t a request. | 这不是请求 |
[45:36] | I’m Chief of Staff to the president now. | 我现在是总统的幕僚长 |
[45:39] | – He hasn’t announced anyone. – He will. | -他还没宣布呢 -他会的 |
[45:41] | And if you want my first official task | 如果你希望我的第一项正式工作 |
[45:43] | to be finding your replacement, so be it. | 就是找人代替你 那行啊 |
[45:45] | If not, you tell me where Gavin is. | 否则 就告诉我嘉文在哪 |
[45:57] | I watched the press conference this morning. | 我今早看了新闻发布会 |
[45:59] | I think the Baldwin article will blow over. | 我觉得鲍德温的文章会被淡忘的 |
[46:02] | A non-story. No legs. | 毫无力量 站不住脚 |
[46:04] | You said it was my decision to resign. | 你说是我决定辞职的 |
[46:07] | Well, it was, wasn’t it? | 确实是啊 不是吗 |
[46:08] | I mean, at least that’s how we presented it. | 至少我们是这样表现的 |
[46:14] | I spoke with a woman yesterday in Iowa, who… | 我昨天在爱荷华跟一个女人聊天 |
[46:18] | said she couldn’t support us… | 她说她不会支持我们 |
[46:22] | because she doesn’t trust you. | 因为她不信任你 |
[46:24] | Well, I’m not the first politician that some people don’t trust. | 我又不是第一个不被一些人信任的政客 |
[46:27] | We’ve been lying for a long time, Francis. | 我们已经撒谎很长时间了 弗兰西斯 |
[46:29] | Of course we have. Imagine what the voters would think | 当然 想想如果我们开始说出真相 |
[46:31] | if we started telling the truth. | 选民会怎么想 |
[46:33] | Not to them. | 不是对选民 |
[46:37] | To each other. | 是对彼此 |
[46:44] | 提名最高法院法官 往往是一名美国总统任内最重要的工作之一 由于美国最高法院法官是终身制 一旦获得任命 大法官就可以一直工作下去 一名总统最多只能在白宫发号施令8年 他所提名的大法官却可以在最高法院影响美国社会长达几十年 在寻找合适人选时 总统们会选择同自己政见相似的候选人 但是由于任职后没有选举压力 大法官们在判案时并不见得总会站在自己所属的党派一边 小布什总统在离任前提名共和党人约翰·罗伯兹为最高法院首席大法官 但是当民主党总统奥巴马的《医疗保险改革法案》遇到麻烦时 罗伯兹却把自己关键的一票投给了支持奥巴马的一方 | |
[47:09] | 目前在任的九名大法官中 已经82岁高龄的民主党人露丝·金士堡是年龄最长的一位 金士堡曾两次罹患癌症 虽然都已治愈 但是健康状况欠佳 许多民主党人都在劝她尽快退休 这样现任总统奥巴马就有机会提名一位民主党法官来取代她 一旦民主党在2016年大选中失手 被共和党人占了白宫 而金士堡在2016年后退休 就会被一名共和党人取而代之 打破最高法院现有的平衡 但是倔强的金士堡拒绝听取这些劝退的意见 她总是回答说 奥巴马不可能找到比我更好的人选 在过去连续两年的国情咨文演讲中 奥巴马在台上口若悬河 坐在台下的金士堡却在打盹儿 不久前她在接受访问时承认 今年参加国情咨文前 跟最高法院几位法官同僚喝了几杯 才会在会场上忍不住打盹儿 |