时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:49] | …supporting my efforts to reform the Democratic Party… | …支持我改革民主党的努力 |
[01:52] | and to restore integrity to the Oval Office. | 恢复总统办公室的正直 |
[01:56] | Unfortunately, | 很遗憾 |
[01:57] | I won’t be able to complete the work I set out to achieve. | 我将无法完成我期望达成的目标 |
[02:01] | It has become clear that my candidacy has become | 显然 我的竞选已经成了 |
[02:04] | a distraction rather than a solution… | 闹剧而非出路 |
[02:07] | that controversy has trumped the issues. | 争议已经盖过了问题 |
[02:13] | And for that reason, I am ending my bid… | 因此 我将结束 |
[02:15] | …to be the Democratic nominee for president. | 对民主党总统候选人的竞选 |
[02:17] | That was Heather Dunbar from her campaign headquarters in Washington. | 以上是希瑟·邓巴在华盛顿的竞选总部发表的讲话 |
[02:21] | With Dunbar out, that leaves President Underwood | 邓巴退出后 安德伍德总统 |
[02:23] | as the presumptive nominee. | 将成为预计提名人 |
[02:25] | The focus now is on who President Underwood’s running– | 现在的焦点 是安德伍德总统将与谁… |
[02:37] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[02:44] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[03:40] | Mommy? | 妈妈 |
[03:53] | Hello, darling. | 你好 亲爱的 |
[03:54] | – I want breakfast. – You want breakfast? | -我想吃早餐 -你想吃早餐 |
[03:57] | – Where’s Daddy? – Oh, he’s getting ready for work. | -爸爸呢 -他在准备上班 |
[04:00] | I’m gonna cut your hair. | 我要给你剪头 |
[04:02] | – No! No! No! – I’m gonna cut your hair. | -不不不 -我要给你剪头 |
[04:05] | – No! No! No! No! – What do you mean “No”? | -不不不 -为什么说”不”啊 |
[04:09] | No! | 不 |
[04:14] | I’m gonna make you a little bald boy. | 我要把你剪成小秃子 |
[04:16] | No! No, shave Mom’s head, not mine! | 不 剃妈妈的头 别剃我的 |
[04:18] | Shave Mom’s head? Okay. | 剃妈妈的头 好吧 |
[04:19] | – No! No! – I’ll shave Mom’s head. | -不 不 -我来剃妈妈的头 |
[04:21] | – No. – I’ll shave Mom’s head. | -不 -我来剃妈妈的头 |
[04:31] | We’ve been moving so quickly. | 我们最近太急了 |
[04:35] | Maybe we should take a step back. Think this through again. | 或许该退后一步 好好考虑一下 |
[04:40] | We can’t afford to be weird with each other, Claire. | 我们不能跟彼此别扭 克莱尔 |
[04:44] | Weird? What do you mean? | 别扭 什么意思 |
[04:47] | I saw you in the bathroom… looking at me. | 我在厕所里看到你了 那么看着我 |
[04:53] | It’s not the first time. | 不是第一次了 |
[04:58] | Sometimes I want to say something, I just don’t know what to say. | 有时候我想说些话 却不知该说什么 |
[05:02] | – It’s uncomfortable. – Maybe it will always be like that. | -这很不舒服 -或许会永远如此 |
[05:07] | But we have to separate that out. It can’t affect our plan. | 但我们得排除那些 不能让它影响我们的计划 |
[05:13] | Because that’s the one thing… | 因为这是唯一 |
[05:18] | that we have figured out. | 我们已经想明白了的 |
[05:29] | When Walker and Vasquez… | 沃克和瓦斯奎兹 |
[05:33] | betrayed us, | 背叛我们 |
[05:34] | pulled the Secretary of State right out from under my feet, | 把说好给我的国务卿给了别人时 |
[05:37] | there was no room for doubt, and you made me remember that. | 当时不容我们有疑虑 是你提醒了我 |
[05:44] | We took a path… | 我们走上了一条路 |
[05:46] | a difficult one, | 一条艰难的路 |
[05:46] | because we had no guarantee where it was going to lead us. | 因为完全无法保证这条路会通往何方 |
[05:50] | It took a steel goddamn stomach, | 那需要莫大的勇气 |
[05:53] | and so has everything else we had to do since. | 自此之后我们不得不做的一切都是如此 |
[05:58] | So don’t worry about you and me now. | 所以现在别去担心你和我 |
[06:03] | Find your steel, Claire. | 找到你的勇气 克莱尔 |
[06:26] | Thank you all very much for coming. | 感谢大家前来 |
[06:28] | Have you seen this? | 你看到这个了吗 |
[06:34] | ICO. Islamic Caliphate Organization. | 哈里发国 哈里发帝国组织 |
[06:38] | Ahmed and Yusuf Al Ahmadi. | 领袖是艾哈迈德和尤瑟夫·艾哈迈迪 |
[06:40] | They’ve been smart about keeping split up. | 他们一直精明地分开行动 |
[06:42] | If one dies, the other takes over. | 万一一个死了 另一个就接管 |
[06:44] | But they’re holding a planning session in northern Syria. | 但他们要在北叙利亚召开策划会议 |
[06:46] | Both are there right now. | 现在两人都在那里 |
[06:47] | I got my ass handed to me over the Jordan Valley. | 约旦河谷的事我被整得很惨 |
[06:49] | I’m not gonna launch a missile strike | 我不能批准发动导弹袭击 |
[06:51] | unless I believe that there’s an overwhelming national security threat, | 除非我相信国家安全受到严重威胁 |
[06:54] | and I’m just not convinced that they pose one. | 而我不认为他们构成这种威胁 |
[06:57] | The president believes ICO to be a serious threat. | 总统认为哈里发国是严重威胁 |
[06:59] | We believe they are actively recruiting American citizens. | 我们认为他们在积极地招募美国民众 |
[07:03] | Accordingly, the government is requesting | 因此 政府要申请 |
[07:05] | a Section 702 upstream surveillance order. | 702章上游监控令 |
[07:08] | – Domestic surveillance. – Monitoring traffic, not individuals. | -国内监控 -监控流量 不是个人 |
[07:13] | Approach the bench. | 上前 |
[07:15] | The FISA Court. Classified rulings behind closed doors. | 外国情报监视法法庭 机密判决的闭门的 |
[07:17] | Not even these men know we have a lawyer in there this morning. | 就连他们都不知道我们今早派去了律师 |
[07:20] | ICO already has three oil fields under their control. | 哈里发国已经控制了三个油田 |
[07:23] | They made a fortune selling crude | 俄罗斯减产时 |
[07:24] | when Russia cut down production. | 他们靠卖原油大挣了一笔 |
[07:26] | It’s blowback, sir. It’s our responsibility to address it. | 这是间接后果 先生 我们有责任做出回应 |
[07:31] | If we launch strikes, we radicalize even more extremists. | 如果我们发动袭击 只会让更多极端分子疯狂 |
[07:35] | Sir, their army will grow. | 先生 他们的军队会壮大的 |
[07:37] | The Ahmadis are former Baathists | 艾哈迈迪兄弟是前复兴社会党党员 |
[07:39] | with strong business ties. | 有很硬的生意关系 |
[07:40] | We can cut the head off before they get bigger if we strike now. | 如果现在出击 可以趁他们还没壮大砍下它的头 |
[07:43] | If the threat level increases, we’ll reassess. | 如果威胁等级提升 我们再重新考虑 |
[07:45] | Sir, we have a very limited window. | 先生 我们时机有限 |
[07:48] | General, the president’s made his decision. | 将军 总统已经决定了 |
[07:51] | Thank you very much, gentlemen. | 非常感谢 二位先生 |
[07:54] | I have rubber-stamped some borderline requests, Steve, | 我是批过一些比较过分的申请 史蒂夫 |
[07:57] | – but this is very– – I know. | -但这也 -我知道 |
[07:59] | I was surprised, too. | 我也觉得惊讶 |
[08:00] | But it’s straight from the White House. | 但这是直接来自白宫的意思 |
[08:01] | Well, this is going to take some time. | 这得要点时间了 |
[08:03] | I have to do a proper review. | 我得好好审核一下 |
[08:05] | This gun was illegally obtained by a career criminal | 这把枪是一个职业罪犯非法地 |
[08:09] | at a gun show where background checks aren’t mandatory. | 在一个不强制背景审查的枪展上购得的 |
[08:14] | This gun killed Officer Dempsey’s partner | 这把枪在一次常规交通违章处理中 |
[08:17] | at a routine traffic stop. | 打死了邓普西警官的搭档 |
[08:19] | This one was ordered on the Internet. No background checks. | 这把是在网上购得 完全没有背景审查 |
[08:25] | This gun killed Bob and Sue Grant’s 14-year-old son. | 这把枪打死了鲍勃和苏·格兰特14岁的儿子 |
[08:31] | And this is the gun that killed Agent Edward Meechum. | 这是打死了艾德华·密查姆特工的那把枪 |
[08:36] | Not many Secret Service agents buried at Arlington. | 没几个特勤局特工能葬在阿林顿国家公墓 |
[08:40] | I’d say he earned his place. | 我认为这是他应得的 |
[08:42] | I took it for granted, how important he was to me, | 我没有意识到 他对我是多么重要 |
[08:46] | how much I leaned on him. | 我多么依赖他 |
[08:48] | It’s clear to me now, now that he’s gone. | 现在他死了 我才看明白 |
[08:54] | I don’t wanna make the same mistake with you, Donald. | 我不想对你犯同样的错误 唐纳德 |
[08:57] | How do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[08:59] | I didn’t realize how much I lean on you. | 我之前没意识到我多么倚重你 |
[09:02] | The way you handled everything after I was shot, | 我中枪之后 你应对一切的手腕 |
[09:05] | it was masterful. | 堪称大师 |
[09:08] | Well, I… I guess I kept my head above water. | 我…也就是勉强维持吧 |
[09:12] | Claire told me how supportive you were, | 克莱尔跟我说了你给予了多大的支持 |
[09:14] | what a natural leader you proved to be. | 证明了自己是怎样一位天生的领导者 |
[09:17] | I want that by my side, Donald, | 我想要这样的人留在身边 唐纳德 |
[09:20] | the same way that Meechum was, as my running mate. | 就像密查姆生前那样 我想要你做我的竞选搭档 |
[09:26] | You want me on the ticket? | 你要我做竞选搭档 |
[09:28] | A heartbeat away from the presidency is a serious matter now. | 据总统只有一步之遥 现在得严肃对待了 |
[09:32] | Conway is a tough opponent. | 康威是个不好对付的对手 |
[09:35] | I never expected you’d want me. | 我没想到你会想要我 |
[09:38] | I thought I was just a placeholder. | 我以为我只是个占座的 |
[09:39] | No, we can win, Donald. You and I, together. | 不 我们能赢的 唐纳德 你和我联手 |
[09:44] | I don’t know, Frank. | 这行吗 弗兰克 |
[09:46] | You need someone who’s hungry for this. | 你需要一个对此十分渴求的人 |
[09:48] | I’m not a great campaigner. | 我不是很会竞选 |
[09:51] | – Vermont doesn’t help you. – You have a deep sense of duty, | -佛蒙特州帮不上你 -你有很深的责任感 |
[09:55] | like all the men and women here who served their country, | 就像这里埋葬的所有为国捐躯的男男女女 |
[09:59] | and that’s far more important to me than strategy. | 这对我来说比策略重要多了 |
[10:07] | To be honest, I don’t know if I want it, Frank. | 老实说 我不知道我是不是想要 弗兰克 |
[10:11] | When I had to take over, the stress, the responsibility… | 我接手的时候 那份压力 责任 |
[10:17] | Two weeks as president was about as much as I can handle. | 两周的总统已经是我的承受极限了 |
[10:35] | I’m disappointed, Donald. | 我好失望 唐纳德 |
[10:39] | But I understand. | 但我理解 |
[10:40] | And I won’t pressure you. | 我不会逼迫你 |
[10:47] | Should we do this? | 我们开始吧 |
[10:50] | Okay. | 好了 |
[11:04] | Do you have other folks in mind, if it isn’t me? | 如果不是我 你有其他人选吗 |
[11:06] | Well, we should probably reach out to the leadership, | 我们或许该联系一下领导层 |
[11:08] | and get their advice. | 询问他们的意见 |
[11:11] | But you’re right. | 但你是对的 |
[11:13] | Whoever it is, they need to be hungry for it. | 不管是谁 得是一个对此十分渴求的人 |
[11:17] | All of these deaths could have been prevented. | 这些死亡本都可以避免 |
[11:21] | And that’s why | 因此 |
[11:21] | I’m working with a coalition of senators to introduce a law | 我在跟一个参议员联盟合作 出台一部法律 |
[11:24] | that will extend background checks to all gun transactions, | 对所有枪支交易都进行背景审查 |
[11:28] | including gun shows and online sales. | 包括枪支展和在线销售 |
[11:30] | And let me be clear, this is not an assault on gun ownership. | 我想说清楚 这不是针对枪支持有的打击 |
[11:33] | It’s an assault on illegal gun ownership. | 而是对非法持有枪支的打击 |
[11:38] | I’ll now take questions. | 我现在将回答问题 |
[11:40] | The next President of the United States, | 有请下任美国总统 |
[11:43] | the love of my life, the best father a mother could hope for, | 我的挚爱 一个母亲最好的伴侣 |
[11:47] | my husband, Will Conway. | 我丈夫 威尔·康威 |
[11:53] | Conway! Conway! Conway! | 康威 康威 康威 |
[12:05] | Hello, New York! | 纽约 你们好 |
[12:06] | He’s ahead by double digits in every battleground state. | 他在所有战场州都以两位数领先 |
[12:08] | The RNC is raising two-to-one what we have. | 共和党全国委员会筹集了我们两倍的钱 |
[12:10] | – This guy is a rock star. – We need our own rock star. | -这人是个摇滚明星 -我们需要自己的摇滚明星 |
[12:13] | Who are you thinking of, Mr. President? | 您在考虑谁 总统先生 |
[12:15] | Donald Blythe. | 唐纳德·布莱斯 |
[12:19] | Uh, don’t you think there’s a more strategic choice? | 您不觉得有策略上更好的选择吗 |
[12:23] | I am being strategic. | 这就是出于策略考虑 |
[12:25] | Look, it’s one thing that Dunbar’s dropped out, | 邓巴退出是一码事 |
[12:27] | but we have to get her supporters. | 但我们得拉拢她的支持者 |
[12:29] | And Donald Blythe, he oozes integrity. | 唐纳德·布莱斯一身清廉 |
[12:32] | He can help us get all of those | 他可以帮我们把那些 |
[12:33] | disillusioned people back into our camp. | 幻想破灭的选民拉回我们的阵营 |
[12:35] | What about moderates in the general? | 大选中的温和派呢 |
[12:37] | We need somebody from a swing state. | 我们需要一个来自摇摆州的人 |
[12:38] | With deep fundraising pockets. | 而且有殷实的筹款途径 |
[12:40] | Well, look, we can sell Donald’s experience. | 我们可以拿唐纳德的经验做卖点 |
[12:42] | He’s filled the shoes. | 他已经替过班 |
[12:43] | I see no reason to change horses midstream. | 为什么要半途换马啊 |
[12:45] | He doesn’t check off enough columns. | 他的资质不够多 |
[12:47] | We want a fighter, not a professor. | 我们需要个斗士 而不是个教授 |
[12:49] | I agree, sir. We can do better than Blythe. | 我同意 先生 我们能找到比布莱斯更好的 |
[12:53] | Well, I am hard-pressed to come up with anyone better | 我实在想不出还有谁比 |
[12:55] | than a man who actually knows what it’s like to sit at that desk. | 真正坐在过那张桌子后面的人更有资格 |
[13:00] | We can offer you some names. | 我们可以给您提几个名字 |
[13:02] | – He’ll be devastated. – Let me talk to him. | -他会很难过的 -我去跟他谈 |
[13:04] | No, it’s better that I do. Let me talk to him. | 不 还是我来 我去找他谈吧 |
[13:06] | We’ll get you that list right away. | 我们马上给您准备名单 |
[13:07] | Well, all right. If you can come up with some alternatives, | 好吧 如果你能想到其他人选 |
[13:09] | I’m certainly willing to listen. Thank you all very much. | 我绝对愿意听听 多谢各位 |
[13:12] | And I believe the best government is that which governs least. | 我认为最好的政府 是职权最有限的 |
[13:20] | That’s not a new idea. It’s an old one. | 这并非新的思想 而是个老的 |
[13:23] | The founder of our party, Jefferson, said it. | 是我党创始人 杰弗逊说的 |
[13:27] | We need to make it new again. | 我们得赋予它新生 |
[13:29] | We need a government that doesn’t interfere with people’s lives, | 我们需要一个不干扰人民生活的政府 |
[13:32] | with their liberty, with their pursuit of happiness. | 不打扰他们的自由 他们对幸福的追求 |
[13:36] | Isn’t that what we need to protect? | 这不正是我们需要保护的吗 |
[13:40] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:41] | And that’s where President Underwood is failing us the most. | 而这正是安德伍德总统最让我们失望之处 |
[13:46] | Doug, where are we on the, uh– | 道格 那个进展… |
[13:47] | FISA Court could take a while. The judge was reluctant. | 外国情报监视法法庭还得要一阵 法官不太情愿 |
[13:50] | I should set up a meeting anyway. | 我还是应该安排一次会面 |
[13:52] | I’ve never liked this plan, sir. | 我一直不喜欢这个计划 先生 |
[13:54] | I don’t think we should do anything until we get the court ruling. | 我觉得拿到法庭裁决之前我们不该妄动 |
[13:57] | Plan A is in motion, let’s let that pan out first. | A计划已经启动了 我们先看看结果吧 |
[13:59] | If plan A works, then fine, Pollyhop is no longer a problem, | 如果A计划成功 那么波利跳就不是问题了 |
[14:02] | but if it doesn’t, I need to start laying the groundwork. | 但如果不成功 我得开始打基础了 |
[14:05] | – Macallan could take some convincing. – We don’t know this man– | -麦卡伦没那么好说服 -我们不了解此人 |
[14:08] | Yeah, we don’t absolutely need to widen the circle right now. | 我们现在并不非得扩大圈子 |
[14:11] | We do, sir. | 是非得 先生 |
[14:12] | Just to get this sort of surveillance operational can take weeks. | 光是启动这样的监控行动就得要好几周 |
[14:15] | Yeah, but Doug is right. | 但道格说得对 |
[14:16] | We don’t know him. He’s a stranger to us. | 我们不了解他 他对我们是个陌生人 |
[14:19] | He is the top data scientist in the country, maybe the world. | 他是国内 或许是全世界最棒的数据科学家 |
[14:22] | – He was exploring behavior adoption and immersing… – Stop. | -他曾研究行为浸染… -行了 |
[14:27] | We are talking domestic surveillance, LeAnn. | 这可是国内监控 莉安 |
[14:31] | And the only theory I’m interested in is risk versus votes. | 我唯一在乎的理论就是风险和票数的比例 |
[14:35] | And he gets us the votes. | 他能帮我们拉到票 |
[14:38] | Didn’t you hear the leadership? | 您没听到领导层的话吗 |
[14:39] | They said Conway is destroying us. | 他们说康威要把我们灭掉了 |
[14:41] | Macallan reverses that, he wins us the election. | 麦卡伦能逆转这一点 他能帮我们拿下选举 |
[14:49] | “ICO occupies Kurdish stronghold.” | “哈里发国占领了库尔德要塞” |
[14:53] | How many of you have heard of ICO? | 有多少人听说过哈里发国 |
[14:56] | They’re Muslim extremists taking over oil fields in Syria. | 他们是穆斯林极端分子 在叙利亚攻占油田 |
[15:00] | The media is barely covering them | 媒体对他们几乎鲜有报道 |
[15:02] | because the White House is turning a blind eye. | 就因为白宫对此睁一只眼闭一只眼 |
[15:06] | As the Governor of New York… | 作为纽约州长 |
[15:08] | I can’t turn a blind eye to terrorism | 我无法对恐怖主义视而不见 |
[15:11] | because it’s been right here on our doorstep. | 因为它曾发生在我们家门口 |
[15:15] | You know what I did when 9/11 happened? | 知道911发生时我做了什么吗 |
[15:17] | I joined the Air Force because I wanted to serve my country, | 我加入了空军 因为我想为国尽忠 |
[15:21] | just like my grandfather did | 就像我祖父那样 |
[15:22] | when he boarded a transport ship on this very dock | 他当年就在这个码头登上了一艘运输舰 |
[15:25] | and sailed to the Pacific to fight the Japanese. | 前往太平洋 与日本人作战 |
[15:30] | When my children grow up… | 等我的孩子长大了 |
[15:33] | Charlie and Lily… | 查理和莉莉 |
[15:37] | I wanna be able to… to look them in the eye… | 我希望我能看着他们的眼睛 |
[15:42] | and tell them that I fought for you. | 告诉他们 我曾为你们而战 |
[15:45] | I fought for your future. | 我曾为你们的未来而战 |
[15:49] | And to me, that future is clear. | 在我看来 那个未来很明确 |
[15:53] | Less government, less taxes, | 就是小政府 减税收 |
[15:55] | more freedom, protect that freedom! | 更加自由 保护自由 |
[16:02] | Thank you so much. Thank you, thank you. | 非常感谢 谢谢 谢谢 |
[16:05] | Governor, can you comment on your relationship | 州长 能否说说您和搜索引擎 |
[16:08] | with the search engine Pollyhop? | 波利跳的关系 |
[16:10] | Is it true Pollyhop is providing you with voter data? | 波利跳是否真的在向您提供选民数据 |
[16:15] | – I want Grant here, right away. – Uh, he’s in California I think. | -马上把格兰特叫来 -他好像在加州 |
[16:18] | He’s got two Gulf Streams. Have him pick one. | 他有两架私人飞机 选一架飞过来 |
[16:19] | Thank you so much, thank you. Thank you, take care. | 非常感谢 谢谢你 保重 |
[16:23] | Is it true Pollyhop is providing you with voter data? | 波利跳是否真的在向您提供选民数据 |
[16:26] | – The question was caught on camera. – Did he answer it? | -提问被人拍下了 -他回应了吗 |
[16:28] | No. It’s getting a lot of traction online. | 没有 网上已经有很多关注了 |
[16:30] | Should be all over the news by morning. | 到早上应该报道满天飞了 |
[16:32] | Have Seth send me all the stories and clips so far. | 让赛斯把目前为止的报道和简报都拿给我 |
[16:36] | I don’t think I have to meet LeAnn’s guy now. | 我觉得我现在不需要去见莉安的人 |
[16:38] | – Plan A’s gonna work. – No, no, no. | -A计划会好使的 -不不 |
[16:40] | Meet with him. Look, it doesn’t commit us to anything. | 去见他 这并不能定下来什么 |
[16:42] | – Sir- – Look, I don’t wanna go down this route any more than you do, | -先生 -听着 我跟你一样也不想走这条路 |
[16:44] | but at least we’ll have our bases covered. | 但至少也算面面俱到了 |
[16:47] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[16:54] | Imagine a duel. Me and Conway. | 想象一个决斗在我和康威之间展开 |
[16:59] | Now, Conway has a powerful gun, a search engine. | 康威有一把厉害的枪 一个搜索引擎 |
[17:03] | And it’s powerful because with it, | 之所以厉害 是因为靠它 |
[17:05] | he can tell what you think, what you want, | 他就能知道你在想什么 你想要什么 |
[17:09] | where you are and who you are. | 你在哪 你是谁 |
[17:11] | He can turn all those searches into votes, | 他可以把这些搜索都变成票 |
[17:14] | and that’s enough bullets to kill my chances of winning. | 这些子弹足够打死我的胜算 |
[17:18] | But I have an even bigger gun. It’s called the NSA. | 但我有把更大的枪 叫做国家安全局 |
[17:22] | It’s one of the perks of being president. | 这就是做总统的优势之一 |
[17:23] | That is, if the courts allow my surveillance request. | 如果法庭批准我进行监控的话 |
[17:28] | I imagine the men hanging on these walls | 我猜挂在这墙上的男人 |
[17:31] | wished they’d had a gun like that available to them. | 也希望他们当时有那样的一把枪 |
[17:34] | Your phone, the phone of the person sitting next to you, | 你的手机 你身旁那个人的手机 |
[17:38] | your neighbor’s phone and everyone you know | 你邻居的手机 你认识的每个人 |
[17:40] | and the 300 million Americans you don’t know. | 和你不认识的三亿美国人 |
[17:43] | I can see you, and I can use what I see to rig this election. | 我能看到你 我能用我所见 操纵这次选举 |
[17:49] | Now, of course, a weapon like that, | 当然 这样的武器 |
[17:51] | well, you can imagine how risky it is. | 可以想见 风险有多大 |
[17:54] | Huh, it might have even given pause to an old crook like him. | 可能他那样的老坏蛋都会觉得犹豫呢 |
[17:56] | I mean, they roasted him on the spit | 就因为监听了水门大厦的 |
[17:58] | for tapping into a few rooms at the Watergate. | 几个房间 他就被人吊打 |
[18:01] | I’m talking about tapping into every single home in America. | 我可是要监听每一个美国家庭 |
[18:05] | And a weapon like that could blow up in my hand | 这样的武器 有可能在我手中爆炸 |
[18:08] | and that’s why it’s plan B. Plan A is much safer. | 所以这是B计划 A计划要安全得多 |
[18:13] | Expose that Conway is using his gun illegally | 曝光康威在违法使用他的枪 |
[18:16] | and remove the weapon from his hand. | 将他的武器从他手中夺下 |
[18:26] | All three of us took bullets. | 我们三个都挨过子弹 |
[18:29] | Well, I know why we’re smiling. We survived. | 我知道我们为什么要笑 我们活下来了 |
[19:28] | Aidan. This is Doug Stamper. | 艾丹 这位是道格·斯坦普 |
[19:30] | Yeah, I know who he is. | 嗯 我知道他是谁 |
[19:34] | Tell me why I’m here. | 为什么找我来 |
[19:35] | Domestic surveillance. We need to win an election. | 国内监控 我们要赢下一场选举 |
[19:46] | – You serious? – What if we were? | -你认真的吗 -如果是呢 |
[19:50] | The NSA… | 国安局 |
[19:56] | – You’d take that risk? – If you can be trusted. | -你愿冒这样的险 -如果你值得信任 |
[19:58] | Every theory you have ever had, | 你的每一条理论 |
[20:01] | everything you have ever wanted to test. | 你想检验的一切 |
[20:05] | And in return, you get what? | 作为回报 你得到什么 |
[20:07] | Voter data? So you know who to target? | 选民数据 好知道该针对谁 |
[20:09] | And how to target them, to influence them. | 以及如何找到他们 影响他们 |
[20:12] | To brainwash them? | 给他们洗脑吗 |
[20:16] | Oh, this is about Conway, the Pollyhop thing. | 这是为了康威 波利跳的事 |
[20:18] | – I never should’ve told you that. – Are we wasting our time? | -我就不该告诉你的 -我们是在浪费时间吗 |
[20:23] | I couldn’t put a single person on this. | 我不能安排任何人去做 |
[20:25] | – No. It’s radioactive. – We’re done. | -不 这太危险 -谈话结束 |
[20:28] | – This is over. – How would this even work? | -到此为止 -要怎么做啊 |
[20:29] | To get backbone access requires– | 获得主干网权限… |
[20:31] | We’re getting a FISA ruling, counter-terrorism. | 我们在争取一个外国情报监视法判决 反恐 |
[20:34] | I’ve never won a bid from the NSA– | 我从未在国安局中过标 |
[20:35] | – LeAnn, let’s go. – You’d win the bid. | -莉安 我们走吧 -你能赢 |
[20:37] | This is what you want, Aidan. | 这就是你想要的 艾丹 |
[20:43] | Jesus. | 老天 |
[20:51] | You came here to see if you can trust me. | 你来是想看能不能信任我 |
[20:53] | How do I know I can trust you? | 我怎么知道我能信任你 |
[20:57] | I don’t care whether you trust me or not. | 我不在乎你是不是信任我 |
[20:59] | But if we go down this road, | 但如果我们走上这条路 |
[21:02] | you take the fall if anything goes wrong. | 万一出事 你得背锅 |
[21:04] | Not us, not the president. You. | 不是我们 不是总统 是你 |
[21:08] | It’s the only way this works. | 只能这样 |
[21:10] | So you tell me if you think it’s worth it. | 告诉我你觉得是不是值得 |
[21:13] | The worth. | 价值 |
[21:19] | You have no idea. | 你根本不了解 |
[21:21] | Thank you so much for coming. | 多谢你能来 |
[21:24] | – Jeffrey! – Governor. | -杰弗里 -州长 |
[21:26] | How you doing? Thank you so much. | 你怎么样 多谢你 |
[21:28] | Buying a whole table. I mean, you’ve just been so great to us. | 卖下了一整张桌子 你对我们太好了 |
[21:31] | Anything for you, Governor. Can I get a photo? | 为你什么都行 州长 能合个影吗 |
[21:33] | Of course. | 当然 |
[21:37] | How you doing, Rich? | 你怎么样 里奇 |
[21:38] | Is this, uh, Pollyhop thing true? | 波利跳的事是真的吗 |
[21:41] | Let’s get Hannah in this. Hannah. | 汉娜也一起拍吧 汉娜 |
[21:46] | – Oh, Jeff. – Hannah, good to see you. | -杰弗 -汉娜 见到你真高兴 |
[21:47] | – Good to see you. How are you? – Mr. Grant is here. | -我也是 你怎么样 -格兰特先生来了 |
[21:49] | I’m good, how are you? | 我很好 你呢 |
[21:50] | Jeffrey, I’m gonna come find you, okay? I’ll be right back. | 杰弗里 我回头再找你 我就回来 |
[21:52] | – Okay. – Let’s do it. | -好 -我们拍吧 |
[21:54] | I’m getting calls from The New York Times. | 我接到了《纽约时报》的电话 |
[21:56] | There is no way we can keep a lid on this now. | 这事现在是瞒不住了 |
[21:58] | We’re getting calls from everyone. | 我们接到了来自各方的电话 |
[21:59] | If the media really digs their feet in, | 如果媒体真的深挖 |
[22:01] | forget about the public response. | 别考虑公众的反应了 |
[22:03] | We need to worry about the Justice Department. | 我们得担心司法部了 |
[22:06] | You said what we’re doing wasn’t illegal. | 你说我们的做法并不违法 |
[22:08] | No, I said it was gray, that it’s unregulated. | 不 我说是灰色地带 不受监管 |
[22:10] | Our data is proprietary. | 我们的数据是私有的 |
[22:12] | How we want to use it, it’s our prerogative. | 我们如何使用 是我们的特权 |
[22:14] | If they put a value on the benefits of sharing all that data, | 如果他们给分享那些数据的利益估价 |
[22:17] | the figure would break all campaign finance caps there are. | 肯定要超过所有竞选经费上限 |
[22:21] | How the fuck did this get out? | 这事怎么泄露出去的 |
[22:23] | Sir? That reporter’s not in our press pool. | 先生 那名记者不是我们记者团的 |
[22:26] | – We didn’t credential him ourselves. – So, who does he work for? | -我们没给他认证 -那么他为谁工作 |
[22:28] | We’re still trying to track that down. | 我们还在努力查证 |
[22:31] | Give me your phone. | 把你的手机给我 |
[22:36] | I’ll connect you now, sir. | 我这就给您接通 先生 |
[22:38] | You are now on with the president. | 您在跟总统通话了 |
[22:39] | I must say, I’m disappointed. | 我得说 我很失望 |
[22:41] | I was hoping the first time we met would be in person. | 我还希望我们第一次见面会是当面见呢 |
[22:44] | – We’ve met before. – Oh, yes, that’s right. | -我们见过的 -是啊 对了 |
[22:47] | You know why I’m calling, Mr. President. | 你知道我打来是为什么事 总统先生 |
[22:49] | No, but I have been reading some curious articles. | 不知道 但我的确读到了一些有趣的文章 |
[22:52] | How long before you think it becomes mainstream? | 你觉得这些报道要多久就会成为主流 |
[22:55] | You planted that reporter. | 你安排了那名记者 |
[22:57] | I did not. You’re giving me far more credit than I deserve. | 我可没有 你是谬赞我了 |
[23:00] | If you bring the Justice Department into this, | 如果你把司法部扯进来 |
[23:03] | I’ll come down hard on you for abuse of power, | 我会在滥用职权上对你穷追猛打 |
[23:05] | and that’ll hurt you just as much as it hurts me. | 那对你的伤害不会少于对我的伤害 |
[23:08] | I won’t have to. They read the newspapers, | 我不用 他们跟其他人一样 |
[23:10] | just like everyone else. | 也会看报纸 |
[23:12] | Well, then you better hold them back. | 那你最好拉住他们 |
[23:13] | Let me remind you, Governor, | 我提醒你一下 州长 |
[23:15] | in case you do become president one day, | 以防你哪天真当上了总统 |
[23:17] | the Justice Department is autonomous. | 司法部是自主的 |
[23:20] | If I were to intervene, it would be illegal. | 我干涉可是违法的 |
[23:22] | Just like when you raided FEMA? | 就像你抢了联邦应急管理署那次吗 |
[23:24] | See, the country wants to believe that you’re corrupt, | 瞧 全国都想相信你腐败 |
[23:26] | and I’ll draw a very clear line between you– | 我会画道线把你和… |
[23:29] | Go ahead. The more volume on this, the better. | 你做吧 这事闹得越大越好 |
[23:31] | You hurl accusations, I’ll let the press hurl facts. | 你提出指控 我就让媒体以事实回应 |
[23:36] | But what did you really hope to achieve? | 但你究竟想做什么呢 |
[23:38] | I think you’ve wasted your time. | 我觉得你浪费了时间 |
[23:40] | You should have called me when you had some actual leverage. | 你真有筹码的时候该打给我的 |
[23:43] | But I must say, it is a treat to hear you so worked up. | 但我得说 听到你如此激动真是令人喜出望外 |
[23:46] | I do thank you for that. | 多谢了 |
[23:47] | “Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln. | “华盛顿 杰弗逊 林肯 |
[23:51] | Tall men make good presidents.” You said that when we first met. | 高个子能当好总统” 我们初遇时你对我说的 |
[23:54] | Yes, I remember what I said. | 是的 我记得 |
[23:57] | You were intimidated. | 你当时怕了 |
[23:59] | I don’t underestimate you, Governor. But intimidated? | 我并不低估你 州长 但怕你 |
[24:03] | Takes a lot more than height and arrogance to intimidate me. | 光是海拔和自大可不足以让我害怕 |
[24:07] | You better get back to all your lawyers. | 你赶快回你的律师身边吧 |
[24:15] | When the Roman general Sulla, | 罗马将军苏拉 |
[24:16] | who was about the same age I am now, | 大约我现在这年纪时 |
[24:18] | marched on Rome to purge the city of usurpers, | 向罗马进军 清除城内叛军 |
[24:21] | it was a bloodbath. | 当时血流成河 |
[24:23] | His greatest rival was a young man named Marius, | 他最大的对手是一个叫马吕斯的年轻人 |
[24:26] | who was just 26 years old. | 才26岁 |
[24:28] | And after Sulla had him killed, | 苏拉杀了他之后 |
[24:30] | he held up his head in the forum | 他在广场上举起了他的头 |
[24:32] | and looked into the boy’s dead eyes | 盯着男孩无光的眼睛说 |
[24:34] | and said, “First, you must learn to pull an oar. | “首先 你得学会摇桨 |
[24:37] | Only then can you take the helm.” | 然后才能掌舵” |
[24:46] | 110 over 80. Not bad. | 高压110 低压80 不赖嘛 |
[24:50] | Will. | 威尔 |
[24:59] | I called the president. | 我打给了总统 |
[25:03] | It was a mistake. | 是个错误 |
[25:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:09] | Look, um… why don’t we go back upstairs | 听着 我们回楼上去 |
[25:14] | and collect some money? | 筹点钱吧 |
[25:16] | Okay? Everyone wants to see you. | 好吗 大家都想见你 |
[25:29] | – Let’s go. – You’ll figure it out. | -走吧 -你会想出对策的 |
[25:42] | Conway called. He wanted to make a deal. | 康威打来了 想跟我做交易 |
[25:47] | I’m sure that was enjoyable. | 肯定很有意思吧 |
[25:48] | It will be even more so | 等司法部插手了 |
[25:50] | once the Justice Department gets involved. | 会更有意思的 |
[25:55] | Is that the, uh… | 那是… |
[25:57] | Same model. Not the actual one. | 同款 不是同一个 |
[26:06] | – Surprised the Secret Service let – Well, | -特勤局居然允许… -那个 |
[26:08] | they removed the firing pin. | 他们拔了撞针 |
[26:11] | It’s lighter than I imagined. | 比我想的要轻 |
[26:14] | It’s amazing something this small could do that much damage. | 这么小的东西居然能造成那么大的伤害 |
[26:20] | I was gonna bring it tomorrow, | 我本想明天带上的 |
[26:21] | but I think it might be too theatrical. | 但或许太戏剧化了 |
[26:34] | You want me to help you practice? | 要我帮你练习吗 |
[26:39] | All right. | 好 |
[26:44] | Good morning, Mrs. Underwood. | 早上好 安德伍德夫人 |
[26:47] | Good morning, Ms. Melman. | 早上好 梅尔曼女士 |
[26:48] | – No, what’s her first name? – Julia. | -不 她叫什么 -茱莉亚 |
[26:51] | – Use that. – We’ve never met before. | -叫这个 -我们不认识 |
[26:53] | Remind her who the First Lady is. | 让她知道第一夫人是谁 |
[27:00] | Good morning, Julia. | 早上好 茱莉亚 |
[27:02] | Good morning, Mrs. Underwood. | 早上好 安德伍德夫人 |
[27:04] | Please, have a seat. | 请坐吧 |
[27:09] | We want to be inclusive. | 我们想有包容性 |
[27:11] | We’d like the NRA to work with us on getting this bill passed. | 我们希望全国步枪协会与我们合作让法案通过 |
[27:15] | We have major support on both sides of the aisle. | 我们在两党都广受支持 |
[27:18] | Well, you do for now, but not for long. | 那是现在 但今后未必 |
[27:21] | You can have 20 kids massacred in a school shooting. | 即便是20个孩子死于校园枪击 |
[27:24] | There’s always the usual public outcry, demands for gun reform. | 公众会愤怒呼吁枪支改革 |
[27:27] | But a few months go by and people forget. | 但几个月后 人们就会忘记 |
[27:29] | Well, this will move through Congress quickly. | 这份法案会迅速通过国会 |
[27:31] | We’ve got major support on both sides of the aisle. | 我们在两党都广受支持 |
[27:34] | Not enough to break a filibuster. | 那也不足以抵抗阻挠议事 |
[27:35] | We’ll drag this out till the election. | 我们会把此事拖到大选 |
[27:37] | We’ll tie up every other bill in the Senate. | 我们会阻挠参议院其他所有的法案 |
[27:40] | Well, I’ve spoken to a lot of Senators and they– | 我跟很多参议员谈过 他们… |
[27:41] | No, don’t get bogged down there. | 不 别跟她纠缠那个 |
[27:43] | Pivot right to the Supreme Court. | 把重点直接戳到最高法院 |
[27:44] | You plan on holding up the Supreme Court nomination, as well? | 你打算连最高法院提名也拖延吗 |
[27:47] | Unless you’re going to nominate an NRA member. | 除非你打算提名一位全国步枪协会的成员 |
[27:50] | – You know we can’t do that. – Jacobs was unpredictable. | -你知道那不可能 -雅各布斯不好预测 |
[27:52] | This time we’re not taking any chances. | 这次我们不会冒险了 |
[27:54] | If you bring the government to a standstill, | 如果你让政府停摆 |
[27:56] | we’re gonna make this election about the NRA. | 我们就把全国步枪协会作为选举重点 |
[27:58] | You can’t match $100 million in ad buys. | 你拼不过一个亿的广告 |
[28:01] | Go for it. Flush your money down the drain. | 去吧 把你的钱都浪费掉吧 |
[28:03] | The Democrats lost that battle decades ago. | 民主党数十年前就输了这场仗了 |
[28:06] | And you’ll lose it again. | 你还会再输一次 |
[28:07] | The president never offered up one gun reform bill while he was whip. | 总统任党鞭时未提出过一项枪支改革法案 |
[28:12] | Well, because it wasn’t a top priority for him– | 因为那当时并非他的首要考虑 |
[28:14] | No, no, no, no, no. Make it, uh, stronger. | 不不不 更强势点 |
[28:16] | Say, uh, “The president took a bullet!” Make it personal. | 比如 “总统挨了颗子弹” 弄成私事 |
[28:19] | I’m sorry your husband got shot. | 我对您丈夫遭枪击感到遗憾 |
[28:21] | But not enough to roll over. | 但不至于因此妥协 |
[28:23] | Oh, we’re not asking you to. | 我们不是叫你妥协 |
[28:25] | We’re inviting you to be on the right side of history. | 我们是希望你站在历史正确的一方 |
[28:28] | Yeah, that’s good, but you wanna go in for the kill. | 这不错 但你得拿出致命的招数 |
[28:30] | We want this woman storming out of that door, | 我们要这女人气得夺门而出 |
[28:33] | foaming at the mouth. | 口吐白沫 |
[28:34] | All right. Don’t disgrace yourself, Julia. | 好吧 别丢人了 茱莉亚 |
[28:36] | – Think about the future- – No, tougher. | -想想未来 -不 再强硬点 |
[28:38] | Stronger, tougher! | 再狠点 再强硬点 |
[28:42] | All right, what about… | 好吧 那这样如何 |
[28:44] | Thirty years from now when you’re dying in hospice care… | 三十年后 当你接受临终护理 奄奄一息时 |
[28:47] | you can look back and be proud of all the lives you saved. | 你可以回首人生 为你拯救的生命而自豪 |
[28:51] | Or you can be forgotten… | 也可以被历史遗忘 |
[28:54] | clutching onto the past with your cold, dead hands. | 用你冰冷僵硬的双手紧紧抓住过去 |
[28:57] | I’ll show myself out. | 我自己出去吧 |
[28:59] | That’s exactly the steel goddamn stomach I was talking about. | 这就是我说的那份勇气 |
[29:02] | Was it Pete Dreyer? | 是皮特·德雷尔吗 |
[29:04] | Congressman Dreyer’s been a mentor for years. | 德雷尔议员是我多年的导师 |
[29:07] | – He had no right to tell you. – He had every right. | -他无权告诉你 -他完全有权 |
[29:10] | If a member of the House Intelligence Committee | 如果众议院情报委员会的成员 |
[29:11] | chooses to share information with me, he’s at liberty to do so. | 决定对我透露情报 他有这个权利 |
[29:15] | Our conversation was in confidence. | 我们的谈话是私下的 |
[29:17] | I don’t feel comfortable with this. | 这让我很不舒服 |
[29:18] | The Congressman is just as frustrated as you are, | 议员跟你一样觉得不满 |
[29:21] | and he spoke to me because he wants to help. | 他找到我是因为想帮忙 |
[29:23] | And so do I, General. | 我也想帮忙 将军 |
[29:25] | Governor, I’m a soldier. I’m not going to play politics. | 州长 我是名士兵 我不玩政治 |
[29:29] | You played politics the moment you opened your mouth to Pete. | 你对皮特开口的时候就是在玩政治了 |
[29:35] | – Did you see my speech yesterday? – Yes, I did. | -你看到我昨天的讲话了吗 -是的 |
[29:39] | I meant every com.funword.word of it. | 我都是真心的 |
[29:41] | Now, you and I have both fought for our country. | 你我都曾为我们国家而战 |
[29:44] | Underwood hasn’t. | 安德伍德可没有 |
[29:46] | He has no idea. He doesn’t understand. | 他根本不懂 不能理解 |
[29:50] | And that’s why I need to be president, | 所以我得当上总统 |
[29:51] | so we can strike when we need to strike. | 这样我们才能在需要的时候出击 |
[29:54] | Look, I can help you, but I need your help to do so. | 听着 我可以帮你 但我需要你的帮助 |
[29:59] | I’ve never leaked classified information to the press. Not once. | 我从未向媒体透露过机密信息 从没有过 |
[30:04] | My colleagues have. I haven’t. | 我的同事干过 我没有过 |
[30:06] | There’s a better way. | 有个更好的办法 |
[30:08] | You’re not gonna like the sound of this at first, | 你起初会觉得不太好 |
[30:10] | but if you hear me out, we can fight back on this. | 但听我说完 我们是可以回击的 |
[30:14] | – General. – Mr. President. | -将军 -总统先生 |
[30:20] | You can take this back. I am not accepting your resignation. | 收回去吧 我不接受你的辞职 |
[30:24] | Please, sit. | 请坐 |
[30:26] | I fought in Lebanon, sir. | 我曾在黎巴嫩作战 先生 |
[30:28] | Commanded troops in Somalia, | 在索马里 波斯尼亚 |
[30:30] | in Bosnia, in both Gulf Wars, in Afghanistan. | 两次海湾战争和阿富汗带过兵 |
[30:33] | I just don’t wanna see us bogged down in another conflict like those. | 我不希望我们再在那样的冲突中陷入困境 |
[30:36] | ICO is the next Al Qaeda and Taliban. | 哈里发国就是下一个基地组织和塔利班 |
[30:39] | And you accomplish nothing by resigning your commission. | 而你辞职不会有任何用 |
[30:42] | We’ve accomplished nothing with your current policy. | 您现在的政策才是毫无用处 |
[30:46] | You know, I just can’t help but think that… | 我不禁觉得 |
[30:49] | the timing of this, it’s just a bit coincidental. | 这时机 太巧了 |
[30:53] | – Sir? – Well, Conway gave a big speech yesterday. | -什么 -康威昨天发表了一番高谈阔论 |
[30:56] | I mean, he made a big meal out of ICO, didn’t he? | 他把哈里发国吹得很大 是吧 |
[30:59] | I suppose he realizes just how dangerous they are. | 他应该是意识到了他们多么危险 |
[31:03] | I wonder where he’s getting that information. | 不知这情报他是从哪得来的 |
[31:06] | I’ve no idea, sir. | 我不知道 先生 |
[31:07] | I’ve never spoken to the man, nor would I. | 我从未跟他说过话 我也不会那么做 |
[31:09] | It’s classified. | 那是机密 |
[31:11] | And you’re speaking from your conscience. | 那么你的话是发自良心 |
[31:15] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[31:17] | Conscience has an unmistakable stink to it, | 良心有种标志性的臭味儿 |
[31:19] | sort of like raw onions and morning breath. | 就像生洋葱和早上的口臭 |
[31:22] | But a lie stinks even more | 但谎言的臭味儿 |
[31:24] | when it’s coming from someone who isn’t used to lying. | 从一个不习惯撒谎的人身上散发出来 格外浓烈 |
[31:26] | It’s more like rotten eggs and horseshit. | 就像臭鸡蛋和马粪 |
[31:33] | – How soon can we move on this? – You want to conduct the mission? | -我们多快能采取行动 -您想采取行动吗 |
[31:36] | Would it keep you from resigning? | 这能避免你辞职吗 |
[31:39] | Well, I– | 我… |
[31:40] | I need your expertise and your experience, | 我需要你的专业知识和经验 |
[31:43] | and if both are telling me I’m wrong, | 如果两者都告诉我我错了 |
[31:45] | I’d rather trust your instincts than mine. | 那么比起我自己 我更相信你的直觉 |
[31:48] | Do we still have an open window? | 现在还有机会吗 |
[31:52] | The gathering is set to end by tomorrow night. | 集会将于明晚结束 |
[31:54] | Let me talk to the Chairman and the Secretary of Defense | 我先去跟参联会主席和国防部长谈谈 |
[31:56] | – before I sign off on the order. – Of course, sir. | -然后再签署命令 -当然 先生 |
[32:01] | General, it takes a brave man to stand up to a president. | 将军 跟总统针锋相对 真是勇敢 |
[32:05] | If you authorize the mission, we won’t get our court ruling. | 如果您批准行动 我们就拿不到裁决了 |
[32:08] | There is no way to justify | 哈里发国如果被消灭 |
[32:09] | domestic surveillance once ICO is eliminated. | 就不能作为国内监控的理由了 |
[32:11] | Which is fine, because media pressure is mounting. | 这没关系 媒体压力越来越大 |
[32:14] | Conway has no choice but to distance himself from Pollyhop. | 康威别无选择 只能跟波利跳撇清关系 |
[32:17] | We don’t know how that’s gonna play out. | 我们不知道结局会如何 |
[32:19] | Oh, I can tell you how Brockhart’s resignation is gonna play out. | 我可以告诉你们布洛哈特的辞职结局会如何 |
[32:22] | Thirty-second ads in every swing state. | 每个摇摆州30秒的广告 |
[32:24] | A decorated war veteran | 一位功勋卓著的老兵 |
[32:26] | pulverizing us for being weak on national security. | 痛击我们不重视国家安全 |
[32:28] | Pollyhop is gonna pulverize us more than Brockhart ever could. | 波利跳对我们的打击会远胜于布洛哈特 |
[32:31] | Not if Conway is busy fighting public outcry. | 如果康威要忙着应付公众批评就不会了 |
[32:34] | Think about the data they have already gathered. | 想想他们已经收集到的数据 |
[32:36] | When you sold us this, you said it was going to be a last resort, | 你向我们提出时 说这是没办法的办法 |
[32:39] | not the only resort. | 而非唯一的办法 |
[32:40] | There is no risk in getting surveillance approved. | 获得监控批准毫无风险 |
[32:42] | Then we either use it or we don’t. | 然后我们要么用 要么不用 |
[32:43] | But if you order this strike, sir, we don’t even have the option. | 但如果您下令打击 先生 我们就没选择了 |
[32:47] | – You’ve met with him, Macallan. – Yes, sir. | -你见过麦卡伦了 -是 先生 |
[32:50] | – So, can he be trusted? – I honestly can’t say. | -他值得信任吗 -我真说不准 |
[32:53] | He understands the risks even better than you do. | 他比您更明白其中的风险 |
[32:59] | – I’m gonna authorize the strike. – Sir… | -我要下令打击 -先生 |
[33:02] | Your guy’s an unknown. | 你的人是无名小卒 |
[33:03] | – Brockhart isn’t. – Ma’am… | -布洛哈特可不是 -夫人 |
[33:05] | – I agree with Francis. – Get me the Secretary of Defense. | -我支持弗兰西斯 -给我接国防部长 |
[33:11] | I’ve asked Claire to join us today | 我叫克莱尔今天一起来 |
[33:12] | because this directly affects | 因为这直接与她 |
[33:13] | the legislation she’s trying to get passed. | 想要通过的法律相关 |
[33:16] | Your top three choices for running mate, | 你们竞选搭档的三个首选 |
[33:18] | they’re all tight with the gun lobby. | 都是反对枪支管制说客的朋友 |
[33:20] | Mrs. Underwood… | 安德伍德夫人 |
[33:21] | You know everyone in this room agrees with the reforms you want, | 你知道这屋里的人都赞同你想要的改革 |
[33:24] | but we’re thinking about the general election, | 但我们要考虑大选 |
[33:26] | and the NRA is a terrible enemy for us to make. | 而跟全国步枪协会交恶可很不明智 |
[33:30] | Yeah, now Whittaker’s gonna focus on swing states, fundraising… | 惠特克会关注摇摆州 筹款 |
[33:33] | That’s where I’ll play the bad cop. | 这时我就唱白脸 |
[33:35] | You play the worse cop. Then when we get them off balance… | 而你唱脸更白的 等我们打乱了他们的阵脚 |
[33:39] | You come back in again as the good cop. | 你就再重新唱起红脸 |
[33:41] | Exactly. So I will start with… | 没错 所以我就先说 |
[33:43] | Well, I feel that these choices send mixed messages. | 我觉得这些选择发出的讯息很混乱 |
[33:47] | We’re for gun reform, they’re not. | 我们支持枪支改革 他们不支持 |
[33:48] | If both names on the ticket are gun-control fanatics, | 如果竞选搭档两个人都是狂热的枪支管制支持者 |
[33:53] | then the whole election becomes about… | 那整个竞选的重点就成了 |
[33:55] | Get personal, the way you told me to with Melman. | 说私事 就像你让我对付梅尔曼那样 |
[33:57] | One out of four presidents gets shot at. | 四个总统里就有一个遭过枪击 |
[34:00] | One out of every ten dies from a bullet wound. | 十个总统里有一个死于枪伤 |
[34:02] | Better than that. | 再强势点 |
[34:04] | I saw Edward Meechum die before my very eyes. | 我看着艾德华·密查姆就死在我眼前 |
[34:07] | – Good. You were lucky. – I’m lucky. | -很好 你很幸运 -我很幸运 |
[34:09] | Statistics don’t mean anything to these people. | 数据对这些人来说毫无意义 |
[34:12] | They see this as a one-way road to confiscation. | 他们认为这条路只会通往没收 |
[34:15] | I lose my seat in a heartbeat if I take this stance. | 如果我选择这样的立场会立刻失去席位 |
[34:17] | – Now, this is where I will play good cop. – Okay, so Birch goes, | -现在我要唱红脸了 -好 博奇说 |
[34:22] | “We’re asking you to look at the bigger picture here, Mr. President.” | “我们希望您能考虑全局 总统先生” |
[34:26] | You’re right, Bob. | 你说得对 鲍勃 |
[34:27] | – Claire! – They’re all right. They are. | -克莱尔 -他们说得都对 |
[34:30] | My meeting with the NRA did not go well. | 我跟全国步枪协会的见面并不顺利 |
[34:33] | They’re going to fight this tooth and nail. | 他们打算全力以赴地阻挠此事 |
[34:34] | Well, of course they are. | 当然了 |
[34:36] | And… and the chances are the legislation won’t pass. | 而且这项法案很可能不会通过 |
[34:38] | Oh, it’ll pass. Because you are going to push it | 会通过的 因为你们要让法案 |
[34:41] | until it goes through both houses and gets on the books. | 通过参众两院 成为立法 |
[34:44] | We may have support now… | 我们现在虽然获得支持 |
[34:45] | But by the time this bill gets onto the floor… | 但等法案进行表决的时候 |
[34:49] | You focus on the language, Congressman. | 你就专注于法案措辞吧 议员 |
[34:51] | Leave convincing the American people to us. | 把说服美国人民交给我们 |
[34:54] | Now, if you wanna work with us on this bill, | 如果你愿意在法案上与我们合作 |
[34:56] | I can stomach a gun-friendly candidate. | 我就能容忍一个爱枪的候选人 |
[34:59] | What about you, Francis? | 你呢 弗兰西斯 |
[35:02] | The kill. | 致命杀 |
[35:03] | Only on one condition, Claire. | 只有一个条件 克莱尔 |
[35:05] | I don’t want us to work our asses off getting this bill passed | 我不希望我们为法案通过忙里忙外 |
[35:08] | just to see it knocked down in the courts. | 却在法院被否决 |
[35:10] | We don’t have any control over that, sir. | 这事我们无从控制 先生 |
[35:12] | We still need to fill Jacobs’ seat. | 我们还得找人接替雅各布斯呢 |
[35:14] | If you can confirm an anti-gun justice, | 如果你能找到反枪法官 |
[35:17] | I’ll put a gun-lover on the ticket. | 我就让爱枪人士做竞选搭档 |
[35:19] | A Supreme Court confirmation in the middle of an election? | 大选期间确认最高法院提名 |
[35:23] | Oh, come on, grow a pair, Bob. | 拜托 有点胆子 鲍勃 |
[35:24] | We’re giving you what you want. Give us what we want. | 我们都随你的心了 也满足我们一下嘛 |
[35:29] | Who are you thinking about? | 你在考虑谁 |
[35:33] | Nobody followed you? | 没人跟你来吧 |
[35:36] | No one. I’m positive. | 没人 我确定 |
[35:40] | You know, sometimes I have a student and something seems off. | 有时候我会觉得我的学生不对劲 |
[35:44] | They look a little too old, you know? To be in college. | 上大学有点太老了 知道吗 |
[35:54] | – What is that? – Xanax. | -那是什么 -阿普唑仑[镇静剂] |
[36:06] | Lucas came up here. | 卢卡斯来过 |
[36:10] | To the campus. | 来校园 |
[36:14] | He wanted my help and I said no. | 他求我帮忙 我拒绝了 |
[36:19] | Maybe if I had, he wouldn’t have… | 如果我答应了 或许他… |
[36:25] | So stupid. | 太傻了 |
[36:28] | He got out. | 他出来了 |
[36:32] | Why did he do this? | 为什么要那么做 |
[36:34] | That’s what I’m trying to find out. | 这就是我想查明的 |
[36:45] | It’s all true, Tom. | 都是真的 汤姆 |
[36:47] | – How do you know? – Because I know. | -你怎么知道 -我就是知道 |
[36:52] | Lucas didn’t mention you in his suicide letter. | 卢卡斯没在遗书中提到你 |
[36:56] | I’m sure it was to protect me. | 肯定是为了保护我 |
[37:01] | If you have any proof, now’s the time to share it. | 如果你有任何证据 现在就该拿出来了 |
[37:03] | If I did, do you think any of this would’ve happened? | 如果我有 你觉得还会发生这样的事吗 |
[37:10] | – You could go on record- – I signed an affidavit. | -你可以公开声明 -我签了宣誓书 |
[37:13] | Anything I say now is worth shit. | 我现在说什么都一文不值了 |
[37:19] | That’s probably why they’ve left me alone. | 或许就因为这个他们才没再来找我 |
[37:26] | No, no. No. No more pills. | 不不 别再吃药了 |
[37:31] | – Promise me you’ll be careful. – I promise. | -答应我你会小心 -我保证 |
[37:34] | I would help if I could, I– | 如果可以帮忙 我会的 |
[37:36] | You just focus on taking care of yourself. | 你就好好照顾自己就行 |
[37:46] | Come here. Come here. | 过来 过来 |
[37:53] | Is there anything I can do to make you reconsider? | 我能说服你改主意吗 |
[37:56] | Yes, sir, I understand. | 是 先生 我理解 |
[37:58] | I’m pleased the strike’s on, as well. | 我也对发动打击感到高兴 |
[38:00] | Thank you for the heads up. Bye. | 多谢提醒 再见 |
[38:03] | Fuck! | 该死 |
[38:05] | – What’s wrong? – He caved. | -怎么了 -他屈服了 |
[38:07] | – The general? – Yes. | -将军吗 -是的 |
[38:09] | Daddy, when is it? | 爸爸 什么时候开始 |
[38:11] | When is it? Ben? | 什么时候开始 本 |
[38:15] | I’m not sure about this, Will. Maybe we should cancel it. | 我对这个没把握 威尔 或许我们该取消 |
[38:17] | My lawyers are saying it’s a terrible idea. | 我的律师认为这主意糟透了 |
[38:19] | If it’s not us, it’s the Justice Department. | 不是我们 就是司法部 |
[38:21] | – I’ve put everything into this company. – Just trust me on this. | -我为公司投入了一切 -相信我吧 |
[38:25] | Hey, Will. | 威尔 |
[38:27] | – For my Insta. – Yeah. | -往我图片分享上放 -嗯 |
[38:28] | Okay. Smile, Charlie. | 笑一个查理 |
[38:31] | Smile. | 笑吧 |
[38:32] | – All right. – Great. | -好了 -真棒 |
[38:34] | Here we go. | 好了 |
[38:36] | You little… | 你个小家伙 |
[38:40] | Scoot over. | 过去 |
[38:43] | Are we all set? | 都好了吗 |
[38:44] | Yes, sir. Ready whenever you are. | 是的 先生 就等你了 |
[38:47] | Here we go. | 开始喽 |
[38:52] | 威尔·康威 正在进行网络直播 | |
[38:53] | Okay. | 好 |
[38:55] | You ready? You ready? | 准备好了吗 准备好了吗 |
[38:57] | Yep. | 嗯 |
[39:00] | Here we go. | 开始了 |
[39:02] | Hello, America. I’m Will Conway, | 美国 你们好 我是威尔·康威 |
[39:04] | Republican candidate for president, | 共和党总统候选人 |
[39:06] | and this is my son, Charlie. | 这是我儿子查理 |
[39:08] | You wanna say hi to everyone, Charlie? | 跟大家打个招呼啊 查理 |
[39:10] | A little hi. Can we get a little hi? | 打个招呼 打个招呼吧 |
[39:12] | No? That’s all we get? That’s all we get. | 不吗 就这样了 就这样了 |
[39:14] | And this is Hannah, my wife. And our little rascal Lily. | 这是我妻子汉娜 我们的小淘气莉莉 |
[39:20] | Well, she’s not so little anymore, | 她已经不小了 |
[39:22] | but definitely still a rascal. | 但绝对还是个小淘气 |
[39:25] | Aren’t you, sweetheart? | 是吧 亲爱的 |
[39:26] | And we are webcasting from our home here in Albany. | 我们正在我们奥尔巴尼的家中进行网络直播 |
[39:30] | As you can see, we don’t live in the governor’s mansion. | 大家可以看到 我们不住在州长府 |
[39:33] | We live in a regular house, just like many of you. | 我们跟你们很多人一样 住在普通的民居中 |
[39:36] | And this is our living room. | 这是我们的起居室 |
[39:39] | Hannah has decorated everything herself. | 一切都是汉娜自己装修的 |
[39:43] | Well, except for the toys. | 除了玩具 |
[39:44] | That’s the… That’s the kids’ addition to the decor. | 那是孩子们添加的装饰 |
[39:46] | A lot of toys. | 好多玩具 |
[39:48] | Now, many of you have seen or read in the news | 你们很多人都在新闻中看到或听说了 |
[39:52] | rumors about my campaign teaming up with the search engine Pollyhop, | 关于我们竞选团队跟搜索引擎波利跳合作的传言 |
[39:57] | and I’d like to speak to you today about those rumors | 我今天想跟大家谈谈这些传言 |
[39:59] | because they’re not rumors at all. | 因为那根本不是传言 |
[40:01] | They’re facts. One hundred percent accurate. | 是事实 绝对真实 |
[40:04] | And here is my good friend Benjamin Grant. | 这位是我的好朋友本杰明·格兰特 |
[40:07] | He’s the founder of Pollyhop, | 他是波利跳的创始人 |
[40:08] | and he’s gonna tell you about our partnership. | 他会跟大家讲讲我们的合作 |
[40:11] | Well, a lot of big companies stay out of politics. | 很多大公司都不参与政治 |
[40:14] | They don’t want to offend anyone. But not Pollyhop. | 他们不想得罪人 但波利跳不是如此 |
[40:18] | We’re not shy about who we support, | 我们不遮掩我们的政治立场 |
[40:20] | and we’re proud to support Will Conway. | 我们很骄傲能支持威尔·康威 |
[40:22] | He knows what this country needs and where it’s going. | 他知道这个国家需要什么 将走向何方 |
[40:27] | Now… | 好了 |
[40:30] | I realize this might scare a lot of people. | 我知道这可能会吓到很多人 |
[40:34] | Do we know your personal information? | 我们是否知道你的私人信息 |
[40:36] | Can we see what you’re searching for? | 我们是否能看到你们搜索了什么 |
[40:38] | Are we reading your emails? | 我们是否在读你们的邮件 |
[40:41] | The answer is no. We’re not tracking individuals. | 答案是否定的 我们并未追踪个人 |
[40:45] | We’re looking at metadata, | 我们要的是元数据 |
[40:47] | large-scale browsing patterns, search trends, regional portraits. | 宏观浏览规律 搜索潮流 地域特征 |
[40:52] | ‘Cause Ben is right. | 因为本是对的 |
[40:54] | A president should know his constituents. | 一位总统应该了解他的选区 |
[40:57] | And the Internet is the best tool for that. | 而网络是了解的最佳工具 |
[41:00] | Now, I’ve met thousands of people and shaken a lot of hands, | 我见过数千人 跟很多人握过手 |
[41:05] | but I can’t meet everyone. | 但我不可能跟每个人见面 |
[41:07] | So this is my way of listening to millions of you. | 这就是我倾听数百万人心声的办法 |
[41:11] | Now, it’s only fair if I get to know you better, | 如果我了解了你们 |
[41:15] | you should get to know me better. | 那么你们也该了解我 |
[41:17] | So while I’m not reading your personal correspondence, | 所以我虽然没有读你们的私人信件 |
[41:21] | I want you to have access to mine. | 我希望你们能查看我的 |
[41:23] | So, from this point forward, | 从今日起 |
[41:25] | every email, text message, photo, or video | 我通过这部手机发的邮件 短信 |
[41:28] | that I use on this phone, | 拍摄的照片和视频 |
[41:30] | you can see it all, including everything since I became governor. | 你们都能看到 包括我当上州长后的一切 |
[41:35] | Now, all you have to do is go into my campaign website at… | 你们只需要登录我的竞选网站 网址是 |
[41:39] | Conway2016.com Conway2016.Com. | |
[41:42] | That’s correct. And you’ll find a link right there. | 没错 你就能看到链接 |
[41:45] | Our life is your life. | 我们的生活就是你的生活 |
[41:48] | And your future is our future. | 你的未来是我们的未来 |
[41:51] | Thank you, and God bless America. | 谢谢 天佑美国 |
[41:58] | – That was good. – Yeah, that was good. | -真不错 -是啊 不错 |
[42:01] | Well done. Well done. | 干得好 干得好 |
[42:04] | You got it, Governor. | 不客气 州长 |
[42:04] | All right. Now we wait and see. | 好了 我们拭目以待吧 |
[42:07] | His honesty and openness have made quite an impact, | 他的诚实和坦诚造成了不小的影响 |
[42:09] | and America is paying attention. | 美国也竖起了耳朵 |
[42:11] | Just three hours since Conway’s webcast, | 康威网络直播后三小时内 |
[42:13] | over two million people have visited his website… | 就有超过两百万人登录了他的网站 |
[42:16] | The massive public interest has driven traffic to Pollyhop.Com. | 公众的广泛关注让波利跳点击量暴增 |
[42:20] | Pollyhop CEO Benjamin Grant | 波利跳执行总裁本杰明·格兰特 |
[42:22] | is reporting three times its normal volume of searches. | 称搜索量达到了平时的三倍 |
[42:25] | All of the cell phone footage is on the Conway campaign website. | 手机视频全部上传到了康威竞选网站 |
[42:28] | There’s a ton of archived clips. | 有超多的历史影像 |
[42:30] | Some have already gone viral, including this one, | 有些已经被疯传 包括这段 |
[42:33] | filmed just this morning, | 就拍摄于今天早上 |
[42:34] | of Conway with his gorgeous wife Hannah, so jealous, | 画面中是康威和他美丽的妻子汉娜 好嫉妒啊 |
[42:38] | and his totally adorable son Charlie. | 以及他萌爆的儿子查理 |
[42:45] | Shave Mom’s head, not mine! | 剃妈妈的头 别剃我的 |
[42:47] | Shave Mom’s head? | 剃妈妈的头 |
[42:48] | – Okay. – No! | -好吧 -不 |
[42:49] | You guessed it. I still hate children. | 猜对了 我还是讨厌孩子 |
[42:58] | People don’t care about their privacy. | 大家根本不在乎自己的隐私 |
[42:59] | They want him to have access. | 他们希望他看 |
[43:01] | He’s still breaking campaign finance regulations. | 他依然违反了竞选经费法规 |
[43:03] | But he’s getting good press, | 但他得到的报道都是正面的 |
[43:04] | not the public outcry we had hoped for. | 而不是我们所期望的民愤 |
[43:06] | You can’t let the Justice Department investigate. | 您不能让司法部调查 |
[43:08] | It’ll backfire on us. | 只会适得其反 |
[43:10] | What you need to do is call off the air strike. | 您得取消空袭 |
[43:12] | Sir, you’ve already signed the order. | 先生 您已经签署了命令 |
[43:13] | We’ve got planes in the air. | 飞机都升空了 |
[43:15] | My job is to win a campaign, I need to have– | 我的工作是赢下竞选 我得… |
[43:17] | – And my job is to protect the president. – Enough! | -我的工作是保护总统 -够了 |
[43:24] | Jesus Christ. | 老天爷 |
[43:29] | Go. I need to speak with him. | 走吧 我得跟他谈谈 |
[43:42] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么 |
[43:44] | That I was fine with this when it was just plan B, | 当它只是B计划时我还能接受 |
[43:47] | but this is… domestic surveillance. | 但这是国内监控 |
[43:50] | I mean, we don’t even know this guy. | 我们都不认识这人 |
[43:52] | You’re right, we don’t know him. What we do know… | 你说得对 我们不认识他 但我们知道 |
[43:57] | is we’ll lose if we do nothing. | 如果不采取措施 我们会输 |
[44:03] | They’re beautiful, aren’t they? The Conways. | 他们真美 是吧 康威夫妇 |
[44:07] | Their youth, their two little children. | 他们的青春 他们的两个孩子 |
[44:11] | The country is falling in love with them. | 这国家爱上了他们 |
[44:16] | They won’t fall in love with us like that, | 他们不会那样爱我们的 |
[44:18] | but we have something they don’t. | 但我们有他们没有的东西 |
[44:23] | We are willing to go one step farther than everyone else. | 我们愿比任何人都走得更远 |
[44:35] | General, a com.funword.word. | 将军 说句话 |
[44:39] | We’re approximately two hours out– | 我们还有两小时… |
[44:40] | – Abort the mission. – Mr. President? | -中止行动 -总统先生 |
[44:42] | – I’m ordering you to abort. – But you said– | -我命令你中止 -但您说 |
[44:44] | Don’t make me say it a third time, and don’t threaten to resign, | 别逼我再说一遍了 也别威胁要辞职 |
[44:47] | because I know you won’t, | 因为我知道你不会的 |
[44:48] | because you can’t even fathom what it means to be a civilian. | 因为你无法想象做个平民的滋味 |
[44:52] | – Execute my order. – Yes, sir. | -执行我的命令 -是 先生 |
[44:56] | – Sir. – It’s done. | -先生 -已经下令了 |
[44:57] | – Sir. – I aborted. | -先生 -我中止了 |
[45:35] | You’re up late. | 这么晚不睡 |
[45:36] | Go to Conway’s website. December 31st, 2012. | 登录康威的网站 2012年12月31日 |
[45:47] | Hannah’s last moments of 2012. | 汉娜2012年的最后时刻 |
[45:52] | Stop, I’m stuffing my face. | 够了 我在狼吞虎咽呢 |
[45:54] | You’re feeding a growing girl. Hello, little baby. | 你在喂长身体的女孩嘛 小宝宝 你好啊 |
[45:58] | Yes, I am. | 是啊 |
[46:00] | She’s kicking like a maniac, too. | 她在像个疯子似的踢我 |
[46:02] | Will, please, stop. | 威尔 求你 别拍了 |
[46:02] | – No, come on. – No. | -怎么了嘛 -别拍了 |
[46:03] | You’ve got… You have… You have a little something… | 你有…你粘了点东西 |
[46:05] | Mr. Governor-elect. | 当选州长先生 |
[46:09] | Congressman, such an honor to meet you. | 议员先生 见到您很荣幸 |
[46:11] | – Well, the honor is mine. – This is my wife, Hannah. | -荣幸的是我 -这是我妻子 汉娜 |
[46:13] | It’s a pleasure. And this is Claire. | 荣幸 这是克莱尔 |
[46:15] | Hello. | 你好 |
[46:16] | – How far along are you? – Almost seven months. | -几个月了 -快七个月了 |
[46:19] | Thank you so much for inviting us here. | 多谢您邀请我们来 |
[46:21] | This is a real treat for us. | 这对我们太难得了 |
[46:23] | Well, I’m glad you came. | 很高兴你来了 |
[46:24] | I thought you’d be in Times Square tonight. | 我以为你今晚要去时代广场呢 |
[46:26] | It’s Governor De Luca’s last year in office. | 德卢卡州长最后一年任职了 |
[46:28] | I thought he should have the spotlight to himself. | 我觉得不该抢他的风头 |
[46:30] | Well, that’s very classy of you. | 你太有风度了 |
[46:31] | And I didn’t wanna miss the chance to | 而且我不想错过 |
[46:33] | make some new friends in Washington. | 在华盛顿结交新朋友的机会 |
[46:35] | Well, that was a smart idea. Have you met Garrett, yet? | 真是聪明 你见过加勒特了吗 |
[46:38] | No. No, sir. | 还没呢 先生 |
[46:38] | Well, come on. Ladies, we’ll be back. | 来吧 女士们 我们就回来 |
[46:49] | Mr. President-elect, Governor-elect Conway. | 当选总统先生 这是当选州长康威 |
[46:53] | – Congratulations. – You, too, sir. | -恭喜 -也恭喜您 先生 |
[46:55] | So here he is, the boy wonder. He isn’t a myth after all. | 这就是他啊 那个金童 没那么神秘嘛 |
[46:59] | More like a pariah. | 贱民差不多 |
[47:01] | – There’s a lot of Democrats here. – Plenty of Republicans, too. | -这里有好多民主党人 -也有不少共和党人 |
[47:05] | Frank made sure of that. | 这是弗兰克张罗的 |
[47:06] | Well, if you wanna push the sludge through Congress, | 如果想在国会取得进展 |
[47:08] | it’s best to have grease on both sides of the aisle. | 就得两边都有朋友 |
[47:12] | Oh, I’m sorry, I have to go. It’s almost time. | 抱歉 我得走了 时间要到了 |
[47:15] | – Thank you for your service. – Thank you, sir. | -多谢你的服务 -谢谢您 先生 |
[47:21] | So, is it true that you joined up a day after 9/11, | 你真是在911第二天就入伍了吗 |
[47:25] | or is that just something you say? | 还是只是一种说法 |
[47:26] | Within 24 hours, honest to God. | 24小时内 对天发誓 |
[47:30] | That’s incredible. | 真是了不起 |
[47:31] | I was 25, just out of law school. | 我才25 刚从法学院出来 |
[47:36] | You want a career in politics | 想步入仕途 |
[47:37] | and the Twin Towers fall in your lap? | 偏巧赶上双子塔的事 |
[47:42] | Timing couldn’t have been better. | 时机简直再好不过 |
[47:44] | Oh, I see how you won. | 我明白你是怎么获胜的了 |
[47:49] | – Well, he must be on top of the world. – I… I can’t imagine. | -他肯定像站在世界之巅 -我无法想象 |
[47:54] | Oh, really? How old are you? Thirty-five? | 是吗 你多大 35 |
[47:56] | Thirty-six. | 36岁 |
[47:57] | Oh, you’ve never thought about it, late at night? | 你夜深人静的时候从没想过吗 |
[47:59] | – The White House? – What else? | -白宫吗 -还能是什么 |
[48:01] | – Have you? – Haven’t we all? | -你呢 -谁没想过 |
[48:06] | I’m in no rush. Who knows? Maybe, one day. | 我不急 谁知道呢 或许有一日吧 |
[48:12] | Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln. Tall men make great presidents. | 华盛顿 杰弗逊 林肯 高个子能当好总统 |
[48:17] | It’s like you want me to run. | 你就好像希望我竞选似的 |
[48:19] | Oh, goodness, no. You running? | 天呐 可不 你竞选 |
[48:20] | That would be a disaster for the Democrats. | 那对民主党绝对是灾难 |
[48:25] | – I better see my wife. – Ten… | -我得去找我妻子了 -十 |
[48:26] | – Me, too. – …nine, | -我也是 -九 |
[48:27] | eight, seven, six, five, four, | 八 七 六 五 四 |
[48:32] | three, two, one! | 三 二 一 |
[48:35] | Happy New Year! | 新年快乐 |
[48:49] | – That was before everything. – I know. | -那还是一切开始之前 -是啊 |
[49:07] | Francis, are you there? | 弗兰西斯 你在听吗 |
[49:23] | We’re going to destroy them. | 我们要灭了他们 |
[49:26] | Yes, we are. | 是的 |
[49:29] | 2012年12月14日 康涅狄格州纽顿市发生特大枪击案 20名六七岁的小学生被枪杀 事发后奥巴马委任副总统拜登组织特别委员会 推动新枪支控制法案 但经过数月的运作 新法案仍全无机会通过国会 奥巴马大发雷霆 但也束手无策 不久前 奥巴马决定通过行政命令的方式 绕过国会 推动枪支管控 但这样的努力即使成功 影响也非常有限 | |
[49:49] | 伊斯兰国出现早期 美国政府和军事机构就向白宫做过汇报 当时奥巴马对这个恐怖组织非常轻视 认为他们是不入流的流寇 并轻蔑地讽刺说 一个中学校队队员穿上洛杉矶湖人队的队衣 也不会就变成科比·布莱恩特 目前包括曾经在奥巴马政府任职的外交专家都认为 如果奥巴马当初及时采取行动 伊斯兰国不会发展到今天这样 如此迅速地扩张成为历史上最危险的恐怖组织 不仅在中东肆虐 也不放过在欧洲和美国发动大规模袭击的机会 |