时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:46] | President and Mrs. Underwood are back in Louisiana today, | 安德伍德总统夫妇今日返回路易斯安那州 |
[01:50] | in an effort to pick up… | 为争取获得… |
[01:51] | Underwood is in Las Vegas today, | 安德伍德今天来到拉斯维加斯 |
[01:53] | meeting with leadership from the Culinary Union… | 与烹饪工会的领导人会面 |
[01:55] | …questions from undecided voters | 今天下午在查尔斯顿 |
[01:56] | in Charleston this afternoon, | 回答游离选民的提问 |
[01:58] | the first of three events the Underwood campaign… | 这是今天三项安德伍德竞选活动的第一项 |
[02:00] | The First Lady took questions at a town hall meeting in Casper today. | 第一夫人今天在卡斯珀一市政厅集会上接受提问 |
[02:02] | That’s 12 cities in half as many days for the Underwoods. | 安德伍德夫妇6天就走了12个城市 |
[02:05] | Meanwhile, they still trail Conway by 12 | 同时 他们仍在所有全国民调中 |
[02:07] | to 14 points in every national poll. | 落后于康威12到14个百分点 |
[02:10] | That’s a big gap to close… | 这个差距并不小 |
[02:11] | …supporters in Boise waited an extra two hours for the president… | 博伊西的支持者比原计划多等了总统两小时 |
[02:14] | The president’s whistle-stop tour of Ohio will… | 总统在俄亥俄州的竞选活动将会… |
[02:16] | You’re one of the states that will decide this! | 你们就是能决定这一切的州之一 |
[02:19] | …took questions from undecided voters | 今天下午在查尔斯顿 |
[02:21] | in Charleston this afternoon, the first of three events… | 回答游离选民的提问 这是今天三项… |
[02:24] | Please give a big Boston welcome to the next president… | 请以波士顿式的热情欢迎我们的下任总统 |
[02:27] | For many Americans, the question remains, | 对很多美国人来说 问题依然在于 |
[02:29] | what would an Underwood-Underwood White House look like? | 一个双安德伍德式的白宫会是什么样 |
[02:33] | Both Underwoods have courted– | 安德伍德夫妇二人都… |
[02:35] | So, Arizona, Nevada, and California on Monday, | 周一去亚利桑那州 内华达州和加州 |
[02:38] | then the upper Midwest on Tuesday. | 周二去中西部地区的州 |
[02:40] | It’s not enough. Conway’s hitting way more states than we are. | 还不够 康威去的州比我们多多了 |
[02:43] | Well, he’s not a sitting president. He has more time than you do. | 他又不是在任总统 比你有更多时间 |
[02:45] | Well, then we have to make more time. | 那我们就得挤出更多时间 |
[02:47] | We have to get out there. We’ve got to shake– | 我们必须到各地去 我们必须动… |
[02:52] | Francis, are you okay? | 弗兰西斯 你还好吗 |
[02:55] | – I’m fine. – Sit down for a moment. | -我没事 -坐一会儿吧 |
[02:56] | No, no, I’m fine, I’m fine. Let’s continue. | 不不 我没事 我没事 我们继续 |
[03:03] | If you wanna add a fundraiser in California, | 如果您想在加州多安排一场筹款活动 |
[03:05] | we can make that happen. | 这个没问题 |
[03:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:11] | So? | 怎么样 |
[03:12] | I agree with Dr. Saxon and the medical team. | 我同意撒克逊医生和医疗团队的建议 |
[03:15] | We should reduce air travel to once a week. | 我们得把飞行次数减到一周一次 |
[03:17] | I’m afraid that’s not possible. | 恐怕那不可能 |
[03:18] | You wanted a second opinion, sir. You have it. | 您想听其他人的建议 先生 这就是 |
[03:21] | I didn’t want a second opinion. I wanted a different opinion. | 我不是想听别人的建议 我是想听不同的建议 |
[03:24] | Planes take a toll. | 飞机对您有伤害 |
[03:25] | We’re concerned about a sudden organ rejection. | 我们担心突发器官排斥 |
[03:27] | I can’t win an election if I can’t travel. | 如果我不四处跑 我就无法赢得选举 |
[03:30] | You can’t win if you’re hospitalized. | 如果您住院了 也赢不了 |
[03:32] | Thank you, Doctor. | 谢谢你 医生 |
[03:41] | You stay here. I’ll go wherever Conway goes, I’ll just– | 你留下来 康威去哪我就去哪 我会.. |
[03:44] | I’m on the top of the ticket. It has to be me. | 是我竞选总统 我必须亲自去 |
[03:47] | We can’t ignore the doctors, Francis. | 我们不能无视医生的建议 弗兰西斯 |
[03:49] | It’s the story we tell. | 宣传是关键 |
[03:51] | If I stay here, Conway prances around the country, | 如果我留在这里 而康威到处奔走 |
[03:54] | playing up his fighter-pilot image, and meanwhile, | 标榜他的战斗机飞行员形象 与此同时 |
[03:56] | – I’m stuck here in the Rose Garden– – I won’t risk losing you. | -我却困在玫瑰园里 -我不能冒险失去你 |
[04:07] | Let’s be smart about this. | 我们得明智点 |
[04:10] | – I need to project strength. – So project it. | -我得表现出力量 -那就去表现 |
[04:15] | The air strikes are working, sir. | 空袭正在起效 先生 |
[04:17] | We’ve stopped ICO’s advance to the Euphrates. | 我们已经阻止了哈里发国进入幼发拉底河 |
[04:19] | We’ve delayed the advance. We haven’t stopped it. | 只是延缓了进军 没有阻止 |
[04:22] | Your own reports say they’re regrouping. | 你们的报告说他们在重新集结 |
[04:24] | I want a decisive blow, | 我需要一次决定性打击 |
[04:26] | a face, the leadership, to send a message. | 抓人 领导人 传达一个讯息 |
[04:29] | Uh, the Ahmadi brothers are in hiding. | 艾哈迈迪兄弟躲起来了 |
[04:31] | We don’t know their location. | 我们不知道他们的藏身之处 |
[04:32] | Well, your task is to find them. | 你们的任务就是找到他们 |
[04:34] | We’ve tried, sir. | 我们努力了 先生 |
[04:35] | Our assets hit a wall. | 我们的特工毫无进展 |
[04:37] | To root them out would require special forces on the ground. | 要彻底铲除就得排遣特种部队去那里 |
[04:41] | That is a step I am willing to take. | 这也不是不可以 |
[04:43] | We don’t have authorization from the Syrians. | 我们没有叙利亚的授权 |
[04:45] | Secretary Durant will smooth that out. | 国务卿杜兰特会摆平这件事 |
[04:47] | I will not be satisfied | 我不会满足于 |
[04:49] | by blocking the serpent’s path, gentlemen. | 阻挡毒蛇的去路 先生们 |
[04:52] | I wanna cut off its goddamn head. | 我要砍掉它该死的脑袋 |
[04:57] | The Syrians will say no, and when they do, | 叙利亚人会拒绝 到那时 |
[05:00] | see if they’ll work with the Russian special forces. | 看看他们是否愿跟俄罗斯特种部队合作 |
[05:02] | The Russians do the dirty work, we take all the credit. | 脏活让俄罗斯人去干 我们坐收功劳 |
[05:04] | Petrov won’t go for that. | 佩特罗夫不会同意的 |
[05:06] | Well, he will if we give him back some of our drilling zones. | 还给他们几个钻井就会答应了 |
[05:08] | Well, that’ll take congressional approval. | 那需要国会的批准 |
[05:10] | Doug’s laying the groundwork now. | 道格正为此做准备 |
[05:12] | Are you interested in my opinion on this, | 关于这件事你想听听我的意见 |
[05:14] | or has it already been decided? | 还是已经做好了决定 |
[05:16] | I want to move fast, | 我想迅速行动 |
[05:17] | so unless you have a quicker option, | 所以除非你有更迅速的办法 |
[05:18] | it’s probably best you keep it to yourself. | 不然最好还是保留观点吧 |
[05:21] | – Yes, sir. – Cathy. | -是 先生 -凯茜 |
[05:25] | Do we have a problem? | 有什么问题吗 |
[05:27] | No, sir. I’ll coordinate with Doug. | 没有 先生 我去和道格协调 |
[05:33] | After a dog’s bitten you, you either put it to sleep, | 被狗咬了以后 要么就把它干掉 |
[05:35] | or you put a muzzle on it. | 要么就给它带上口套 |
[05:38] | I’ve chosen a muzzle… for now. | 我暂时选择…口套 |
[05:44] | I was, uh, thinking on the way over here | 来的路上我一直在考虑 |
[05:46] | that I don’t wanna do the same speech at every event. | 我不想每次活动都发表同一篇讲话 |
[05:49] | I really think we’ll get more news coverage | 我认为如果每次讲话内容都不同 |
[05:51] | if I have a different speech every time. | 能获得更多的媒体关注 |
[05:53] | LeAnn already told me. | 莉安已经告诉我了 |
[05:56] | I’ve been working on some variations. | 我做了一些修改 |
[05:59] | I think, uh, we also need to | 我觉得我们还得 |
[06:00] | respond to what Conway is saying…at all times. | 随时对康威的言论作出回应 |
[06:04] | Start putting pressure on him. | 开始对他施加压力 |
[06:06] | Seth’s office is sending me transcripts. | 赛斯的手下会把笔录发给我 |
[06:18] | There was an interview query from Time, | 《时代周刊》询问可否做采访 |
[06:20] | a voicemail about some memorial fund. | 一条什么纪念基金的语音留言 |
[06:22] | Senator Halston called about the meeting on Tuesday. | 豪斯顿参议员来电确认周二会面的事 |
[06:24] | Wait. The voicemail. | 等等 那条语音留言 |
[06:27] | Uh, Laura Moretti, | 留言的是劳拉·莫雷蒂 |
[06:28] | from the Anthony Moretti Memorial Fund. | 安东尼·莫雷蒂纪念基金的 |
[06:31] | – I guess you… donated? – Cue that up for me. | -你之前好像…捐赠过 -帮我调出来 |
[06:38] | Just press one when you’re ready. | 按1号键就能听了 |
[06:40] | – I’ll catch up with you in a little bit. – Okay. | -过会儿再向我汇报 -好的 |
[06:55] | Hi, this is Laura Moretti | 您好 我是劳拉·莫雷蒂 |
[06:57] | leaving a message for Douglas Stamper. | 留言给道格拉斯·斯坦普 |
[06:59] | I just, uh… I wanted to reach out to you personally, | 我想亲自跟您联系 |
[07:03] | to say thank you for the incredibly generous donation. | 对您的慷慨捐赠表示感谢 |
[07:06] | It’s the biggest donation we’ve received. | 这是我们收到的最大一笔捐款 |
[07:09] | By a lot. | 远超其他人 |
[07:10] | Uh, I don’t know how you found out about us. | 我不知道您是如何知道我们的 |
[07:13] | Maybe because of the President’s transplant. | 也许是因为总统的移植手术 |
[07:15] | But whatever the reason, | 但不论出于何种原因 |
[07:17] | it means so much to us, to me and my children. | 这对我和孩子们意义非凡 |
[07:22] | Anyway, I… and I know this is a long shot, | 不论如何 我知道希望不大 |
[07:24] | but if you’re ever free for coffee, | 但如果你有空一起喝杯咖啡的话 |
[07:27] | I’d love to thank you in person. | 我想当面谢谢您 |
[07:29] | No worries if… if you can’t. | 没空…也没关系 |
[07:31] | Um, thanks again, Mr. Stamper. | 再次感谢您 斯坦普先生 |
[07:49] | Hi, uh, this is Laura Moretti | 您好 我是劳拉·莫雷蒂 |
[07:51] | leaving a message for Douglas Stamper. | 留言给道格拉斯·斯坦普 |
[07:53] | I just, uh… I wanted to reach out to you personally, | 我想亲自跟您联系 |
[07:56] | to say thank you for the incredibly generous donation. | 对您的慷慨捐赠表示感谢 |
[07:59] | It’s the biggest donation we’ve received. | 这是我们收到的最大一笔捐款 |
[08:02] | Will there be enough time to get this up on the teleprompter? | 把稿子放到提词器上还来得及吗 |
[08:05] | They’re mostly cuts. | 主要是做了删减 |
[08:07] | Should be quick. I’ll get it there now. | 应该会很快 我这就去 |
[08:13] | What did you change? | 你改了什么 |
[08:17] | I took out the paragraph about love. | 我删去了有关爱的那一段 |
[08:19] | – That’s the best part. – It was too soft. | -那是最精彩的部分 -太软弱了 |
[08:38] | 弗莱迪 烧烤餐馆 | |
[08:40] | 弗莱迪 烧烤餐馆 | |
[08:41] | 弗莱迪 烧烤餐馆 | |
[08:43] | 弗莱迪 烧烤餐馆 | |
[08:57] | This used to be a barbecue joint, here. | 这儿曾经是家烧烤店 |
[09:03] | Frank came a lot before he was president. | 弗兰克当总统前经常光顾 |
[09:08] | What happened to it? | 怎么会变成这样 |
[09:11] | Same thing that happens to everything Frank touches. | 弗兰克碰过的东西都是这下场 |
[09:27] | – You mind? – I do mind. | -你介意吗 -介意 |
[09:31] | I haven’t agreed to anything yet. | 我还没答应什么 |
[09:37] | Tell me what you know. | 告诉我你知道的事 |
[09:38] | I know Underwood lied about the money laundering. | 我知道安德伍德在洗钱的事上撒谎了 |
[09:43] | I know he met with Lanagin when he said he didn’t. | 我知道他见了拉尼根 虽然他否认了 |
[09:48] | I know Edward Meechum doctored travel records, | 我知道艾德华·密查姆改动了出行记录 |
[09:51] | and I know you were there for all of it. | 我还知道那一切你都参与了 |
[09:53] | Then Tusk gets a pardon. You get Chief of Staff. | 然后塔斯克获得赦免 你当上幕僚长 |
[09:57] | – Old news. – Why’d you quit the job? | -明日黄花 -你为什么辞职 |
[10:00] | I wanted to go back in the private sector. | 我想回到私营企业 |
[10:02] | You just said everything Underwood touches gets demolished. | 你才说过安德伍德碰过的东西都会被毁灭 |
[10:06] | I don’t like the man. So what? | 我不喜欢他 那又怎么样 |
[10:08] | Why’d you team up with him again for the Russia deal? | 那你为什么在俄罗斯协议上又跟他合作 |
[10:11] | I don’t have to like the people I work with. | 我不需要喜欢一起做事的人 |
[10:14] | Plus, there was a fortune to be made. | 而且 可以狠赚一笔 |
[10:17] | See… | 问题是 |
[10:19] | I don’t think you give a damn about the money. | 我认为你根本不在乎那个钱 |
[10:24] | There’s a lot more to this you’re not admitting. | 这里面有其他事 你是不肯承认 |
[10:29] | But I think you want to. | 但我认为你想承认 |
[10:32] | So, truth is, you don’t have anything solid. | 那么 你其实没有任何实在的东西 |
[10:35] | I will get to the bottom of this story. | 我会把这事查个水落石出 |
[10:38] | We can talk now, or you can wait till you have a team of lawyers | 我们可以现在谈 或者你可以回头雇一堆律师 |
[10:41] | talking to my fact checkers. | 来跟我的事实核查员聊 |
[10:47] | I’ve been threatened by billionaires and by presidents. | 我曾被亿万富翁和总统威胁过 |
[10:51] | You think an out-of-work reporter makes me nervous? | 你以为一个失业记者能让我紧张吗 |
[10:57] | I can call the White House right now, | 我现在就可以给白宫打电话 |
[10:59] | let ’em know you’re working on this story. | 让他们知道你在调查这件事 |
[11:00] | That’s a gamble I took asking to meet. | 我约你就冒了这个险 |
[11:04] | But my chips… | 但是我赌 |
[11:07] | are on the better part of you prevailing. | 你好的一面占上风 |
[11:13] | The who… the what… the why, how… | 谁 做了什么 为什么 怎么做 |
[11:20] | Don’t ignore where. | 别忽略了在哪里做 |
[11:32] | I think it’d be better if I turn it. | 我觉得转一下会比较好 |
[11:38] | I think… I think this side is a little better. | 我觉得这一面稍微好点 |
[11:40] | – Yes, that’s very nice. – Freddy. | -是的 非常漂亮 -弗莱迪 |
[11:44] | – Good afternoon, Mr. President. – Good afternoon. | -下午好 总统先生 -下午好 |
[11:47] | Helen is teaching me the ropes. | 海伦在教我做事呢 |
[11:49] | We’ll leave you be, sir. | 我们不打扰您了 先生 |
[11:51] | Oh, Freddy? | 弗莱迪 |
[11:53] | Why don’t you stay back for a little bit? Thank you very much. | 你留一下吧 非常感谢 |
[11:57] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上过去 |
[12:00] | It’s been a while. | 好久不见 |
[12:02] | Well, they, uh… moved me to the flower shop a few months ago. | 他们 几个月前把我调去了花房 |
[12:06] | The basement. | 在地下室 |
[12:07] | That’s probably why you haven’t seen me around. | 所以你没怎么见到我 |
[12:09] | Never would’ve guessed that, well, that this would be my thing. | 我绝对想不到 居然会喜欢做这个 |
[12:13] | I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. | 看来老家伙还是能学点新把戏的 |
[12:18] | – How’s your grandson? – He’s good, good. | -你孙子还好吗 -他很好 很好 |
[12:20] | Just started school again. | 刚开始重新上学 |
[12:23] | – What grade is he in now? – Sixth grade. | -他读几年级了 -六年级 |
[12:25] | Getting up there. | 慢慢长大了 |
[12:29] | I… I really should go. | 我真的得走了 |
[12:31] | We got a big, uh, shipment of autumn blooms in. | 有一大批秋季的花要送过来 |
[12:33] | Well, then another time, I guess, maybe. | 那下次再聊吧 |
[12:37] | You know, Frank… | 弗兰克 |
[12:41] | I’m gonna be leaving soon. | 我很快就要走了 |
[12:44] | Helen’s husband opened up a flower shop in Georgetown. | 海伦的丈夫在乔治敦开了一家花店 |
[12:47] | They want me to work there. | 他们想要我过去工作 |
[12:50] | Well, are you not happy here, Freddy? | 你在这里不开心吗 弗莱迪 |
[12:54] | Time to try something new. | 该尝试点新东西了 |
[12:57] | Well, is there anything I can do to convince you to stay? | 我能做点什么说服你留下来吗 |
[13:01] | A raise? Better hours? | 加薪 调整工作时间 |
[13:02] | I appreciate it, but I’ve already told Helen yes, and… | 我很感激 但是我已经答应海伦了 |
[13:08] | I plan on keeping my com.funword.word on that. It’s what I want. | 而我打算说到做到 那是我想做的 |
[13:14] | Well, I’m gonna miss you around, Freddy. | 我会想念你的 弗莱德 |
[13:15] | There’s not many people here… | 这里没几个人 |
[13:20] | Well, I guess there aren’t that many people here | 这里没几个人 |
[13:21] | I’m all that comfortable with. | 能让我觉得那么自在 |
[13:23] | You know what you should do before you go? | 你知道你走之前应该做什么吗 |
[13:26] | You should come up here one night and cook us a rack of ribs. | 你应该哪天晚上上来给我们做一顿肋排 |
[13:29] | Now, I realize oven-baked isn’t nearly as good as the smoker, | 我知道烤箱烤的肯定不如碳烤 |
[13:32] | but you’d make ’em delicious, anyhow. | 但你怎么样都能做得很美味 |
[13:35] | Ribs? Really? | 肋排 是吗 |
[13:38] | You want me to cook ribs for you. | 你想让我给你做肋排吃 |
[13:41] | Well, sure, just like old times. What’s wrong with that? | 对 就像以前那样 有什么不对吗 |
[13:44] | I’m just the help, ain’t I? | 我只是仆人 对不对 |
[13:47] | – No, that’s not true. – I tell you I got something good going, | -不 不是这样的 -我告诉你我遇见了好事 |
[13:50] | and your first thought ain’t, | 而你的第一反应不是 |
[13:52] | “Freddy, congratulations.” | “弗莱迪 恭喜” |
[13:53] | It’s “Make me ribs.” And what’s my big send-off? | 而是”给我做肋排” 对我的盛大欢送 |
[13:56] | – I get to cook you ribs. – No. | -就是给你做肋排 -不 |
[13:58] | Look, you are being way oversensitive about this. | 你对这事太过敏感了 |
[14:00] | You’re misinterpreting what I meant. | 你误解了我的意思 |
[14:03] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[14:04] | It’s all my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[14:08] | – I don’t know how Claire does it. – What did you just say? | -真不知克莱尔是怎么做到的 -你说什么 |
[14:13] | Is this how you treat her? She part of the collection, too? | 你也这么对她吗 她也是收藏品之一 |
[14:16] | I don’t know where all this is coming from, | 我不知道你这怨气从何而来 |
[14:17] | but it’s extremely ungrateful, | 但也太忘恩负义了 |
[14:19] | given all that I have done for you. | 想想我为你做了那么多 |
[14:22] | What did you do for me, Frank? | 你为我做了什么 弗兰克 |
[14:26] | This is the White House. | 这里是白宫 |
[14:28] | You will call me “Mr. President”! | 你得叫我”总统先生” |
[14:32] | You’re a motherfucker! | 你就是个王八犊子 |
[14:34] | Get out! | 滚 |
[14:40] | My bad, my bad. | 我的错 我的错 |
[14:43] | You’re a motherfucker, Mr. President! | 你是个王八犊子 总统先生 |
[14:53] | Governor Conway continues to say | 康威州长一直声称 |
[14:55] | we’re not doing enough about terrorism, | 我们在反恐上做得还不够 |
[14:57] | but he ignores the fact that ICO has been stopped in its tracks. | 但他忽视了哈里发国已得到遏制的事实 |
[15:02] | The president is working tirelessly to combat our enemies abroad, | 总统不眠不休地与国外敌人作斗争 |
[15:06] | and what Governor Conway lacks in his assessment… | 康威州长的言论 |
[15:09] | is the decades of experience the president brings… | 忽略了总统数十年的经验… |
[15:13] | Do you think you should keep calling him “The president”? | 你还应该继续叫他”总统”吗 |
[15:16] | Well, I wanna emphasize that we’re running mates, | 我想强调我们是竞选搭档 |
[15:18] | and LeAnn is telling me that the marriage angle isn’t working. | 而且莉安告诉我 婚姻角度并不成功 |
[15:21] | Screw the research. | 别管什么调查 |
[15:22] | People want to hear the real you, a real person. | 人们想听见真正的你 有血有肉的人 |
[15:27] | That’s what you gave them at the convention. | 你在党代会上向他们展示的就是真正的你 |
[15:30] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[15:31] | That was very different. | 那情况完全不同 |
[15:33] | Exactly. It was very different. It was honest. | 没错 的确不同 那时你是诚恳的 |
[15:37] | And you don’t want to just react to what he’s saying. | 你不能只机械地回应他的话 |
[15:41] | You wanna offer something. | 你得拿出点东西来 |
[15:43] | I have been campaigning with Francis for 30 years. | 我跟弗兰西斯一起竞选了三十年 |
[15:45] | You don’t ever let the opponent walk all over you. | 不能让对手骑在你头上 |
[15:48] | If you’re getting attacked, you fight back. | 如果受到攻击 就得还击 |
[15:50] | Fine, but fight back in a different way. | 可以 但用另一种方式还击 |
[15:52] | This guy is… He’s all spotlight and surface, | 这个人…他都是搞噱头 很肤浅 |
[15:57] | and magazine covers and Twitter. Don’t play his game. | 上杂志封面 玩推特 别玩他的游戏 |
[16:00] | Don’t play the game at all, please. Get beyond the game. | 压根就别玩 摆脱游戏 |
[16:05] | You know what? Let’s finish this in the morning, please. | 我们早上再继续做吧 |
[16:18] | I’m sorry. You’re right. | 抱歉 你说得对 |
[16:21] | You have a lot more experience in this kind of thing than I do. | 关于这种事你的经验比我多得多 |
[16:23] | – I should follow your lead. – No, I… I respect your feedback. | -我应该听你的 -不 我尊重你的反馈 |
[16:34] | Thank you for being so professional about everything. | 感谢你能表现得如此专业 |
[16:37] | – You’ve been very kind. – I’m not kind. | -你真体贴 -不是体贴 |
[16:43] | Just realistic. | 现实而已 |
[16:50] | That paragraph you wrote about love, it made me uncomfortable. | 你写的关于爱的那段让我不舒服 |
[16:59] | – Saying you love Francis? – I do love him. | -说你爱弗兰西斯 -我确实爱他 |
[17:07] | Then what made you uncomfortable? | 那是什么让你不舒服 |
[17:14] | Saying it in front of you. | 在你面前说出来 |
[17:38] | – Yes? – Yeah. | -好吗 -好 |
[18:26] | – How’d she do? – Very little effect. | -她怎么样 -效果甚微 |
[18:30] | – She was all over the news. – White noise. | -新闻上铺天盖地全是她 -白噪音 |
[18:33] | So how do we make it stick? | 我们怎么深入人心 |
[18:36] | Well, there’s not much I can do. | 我能做的不多 |
[18:39] | We gave you access. I need more than I’m getting. | 我们给你权限了 我要得到更多结果 |
[18:46] | You’re supposed to tell me what people want. | 你应该告诉我人们想要什么 |
[18:49] | People didn’t know they wanted jazz | 人们不知道自己想听爵士 |
[18:51] | until they heard it for the first time. | 直到他们第一次听到了爵士乐 |
[18:53] | I can get them to like the music. I can’t compose it. | 我能让他们喜欢音乐 但我不能创作音乐 |
[18:58] | Give me something I can work with. | 你得给我点材料 |
[19:13] | Is this something we could take public? | 我们可以把这事公诸于众吗 |
[19:15] | No, it’s classified. | 不 这是机密 |
[19:17] | But it’s perfect, the president colluding with the Russians. | 但这太完美了 总统跟俄罗斯人勾结 |
[19:20] | The idea has merit. | 这个想法是可行的 |
[19:22] | The Russians will have far more access, | 俄罗斯人门路更广 |
[19:24] | and it doesn’t put American troops in harm’s way. | 而且也不会置美国军队于危险之中 |
[19:26] | We don’t get votes by praising the president’s policy. | 褒奖总统的政策不会让我们得到选票 |
[19:28] | Let’s have Dreyer block it in committee. | 让德雷尔在委员会审议中否决它 |
[19:31] | I don’t like the way the president’s handled ICO from the get-go, | 虽然我不喜欢总统最初处理哈里发国的方式 |
[19:34] | but his approach might work here. | 但他这次的方法也许会有效 |
[19:35] | That’s what I’m trying to prevent. | 那正是我要防止的 |
[19:38] | So, you wanna keep the ICO leadership alive, | 你想留哈里发国的领袖一命 |
[19:40] | so we can stay on message? | 就为了我们能继续拿这个说事 |
[19:42] | Just until November, | 只是拖到11月而已 |
[19:44] | and then we’ll hit ’em hard after inauguration. | 等我们就职后就狠狠打击他们 |
[19:46] | This is the exact sort of BS I resigned over in the first place. | 我当初正是为这种扯淡事才辞职 |
[19:51] | I’ll see you over there. | 在那边等我一下 |
[19:53] | Two months away from winning this thing. | 再有两个月我们就能获胜 |
[19:56] | But if he gains the initiative, if he picks up any momentum, | 一旦他获得主动权 一旦他获得一点势头 |
[19:58] | that could put us in the margin of error. | 都可能影响我们的胜算 |
[20:00] | I thought you were different. | 我以为你不一样 |
[20:02] | Don’t get any ideas, General. | 别胡思乱想 将军 |
[20:05] | You threw caution into the wind | 你登上我这艘船 |
[20:07] | when you got yourself on my ticket. | 就已把谨慎抛到九霄云外 |
[20:09] | You do it again, you start to look foolish. | 你再做一次 就显得愚蠢了 |
[20:11] | You talk to Dreyer and 86 this bill. | 你去跟德雷尔谈谈 让他毙掉这项议案 |
[20:16] | I couldn’t come to Wisconsin without having a taste test. | 来到威斯康星州怎能不来尝尝鲜 |
[20:24] | Mr. Hayes. My name’s Tom Hammerschmidt. | 海耶斯先生 我叫汤姆·汉默施密特 |
[20:28] | I’m a freelance reporter. | 我是一个自由记者 |
[20:29] | I was hoping I could talk to you for a moment. | 我想跟你谈谈 |
[20:31] | I don’t talk to reporters. | 我不跟记者谈 |
[20:34] | It’s a story about the president. | 是关于总统的事 |
[20:36] | Did you not hear me the first time? | 你没听到我说什么吗 |
[20:40] | I think things happened… in your barbecue place. | 我认为在你的烧烤店里…曾发生过一些事 |
[20:46] | Meetings. | 会面 |
[20:47] | Things you might have overheard. | 你可能顺耳听到过什么 |
[20:50] | I think the president broke the law, | 我觉得总统触犯了法律 |
[20:52] | and I think you know about it. | 而且我觉得你知情 |
[20:55] | Come with me. Let’s talk where no one can hear us. | 跟我来 找个没人能听到的地方再聊 |
[21:13] | – So, uh, you bring a recorder? – Yeah. | -你带录音笔了吗 -带了 |
[21:37] | All right. Here’s the truth. | 好 我告诉你真相 |
[21:40] | I don’t work for him no more. I don’t serve him ribs no more. | 我不再为他工作了 我不再为他烤排骨了 |
[21:45] | I don’t want nothing to do with him no more. | 我不想再跟他有任何关系 |
[21:48] | Even if I hated him, and I do hate him… | 即使我恨他 我也的确恨他 |
[21:53] | I don’t snitch. Not to cops, not to reporters. | 我也不会告密 对警察 对记者 |
[21:57] | Not to anybody. | 对谁都不会 |
[21:59] | Leave me the fuck alone. | 离我远点 |
[22:11] | Okay. | 好了 |
[22:21] | Lincoln and Roosevelt were progressive Republicans. | 林肯和罗斯福都是共和党的先进分子 |
[22:26] | – Jefferson was a visionary Conservative. – Yeah! | -杰弗逊是一名有远见的保守党 -是的 |
[22:29] | George Washington was a strong commander in chief. | 乔治·华盛顿是位强大的领袖 |
[22:34] | William Conway embodies all these qualities. | 威廉·康威拥有所有这些品质 |
[22:37] | I proudly endorse his candidacy for president, | 我为背书他竞选总统而骄傲 |
[22:41] | and I ask everyone in our great state to do the same. | 我也希望我们州的每个人都这么做 |
[22:44] | The next President of the United States, William Conway! | 欢迎未来的美国总统 威廉·康威 |
[23:02] | I’m… I’m humbled by your endorsement, | 你们的支持让我受宠若惊 |
[23:05] | and by the legacy of these great men behind me. | 我身后这些伟人遗留的贡献也让我自愧不如 |
[23:09] | Now, they all left very big shoes to fill. | 接任他们是一项艰巨的任务 |
[23:13] | You know who hasn’t come even close to filling them? | 知道谁完全没有接任的资格吗 |
[23:17] | Frank Underwood. | 弗兰克·安德伍德 |
[23:38] | I should go. | 我该离开 |
[23:41] | Once we land. | 我们降落之后 |
[23:43] | I’ll get a flight back to the East Coast. | 我就飞回东海岸 |
[23:47] | – Tom… – You don’t have to say anything. | -汤姆… -你不用多说了 |
[24:20] | We’ve had eggs thrown at the house. | 有人向房子扔鸡蛋 |
[24:22] | Tomatoes, cow dung. You name it. | 番茄 牛粪 什么都有 |
[24:26] | South Dakota’s big Conway country. | 南达科他州十分支持康威 |
[24:28] | We’ve been here all our lives. We raised our son here. | 我们一生都住在这儿 也在这儿养育后代 |
[24:31] | It’s just beyond our experience. | 从未遇到过这种情况 |
[24:33] | All these folks are our neighbors. | 这些人都是我们的邻居 |
[24:35] | But once I put that sign up… | 可我一把标志竖起来 |
[24:38] | Governor Conway is a veteran. He has children. | 康威州长是退伍军人 而且有孩子 |
[24:42] | Why us and not him? | 为什么选我们 而不是他 |
[24:46] | When we saw you two at the convention… | 当我们看到你们两个在党代会 |
[24:48] | I don’t know. It just seemed like a real partnership. | 我说不清 看上去真像对儿好搭档 |
[24:56] | Love. Deep, unwavering love. | 爱 深沉 坚定的爱 |
[25:00] | I wanna thank you for reminding me | 感谢你们提醒我 |
[25:03] | how important that kind of love is. | 那种爱有多重要 |
[25:05] | Because it is. It’s easy to get caught up in the campaign | 它真的很重要 我们容易忙于竞选 |
[25:08] | and to forget how Francis and I got here in the first place, | 而忘记弗兰西斯和我是怎样走到这一步的 |
[25:13] | to remember that we’re not just President and First Lady, | 记得我们不仅是总统和第一夫人 |
[25:16] | or husband and wife. | 或丈夫和妻子 |
[25:18] | We’re partners. | 我们是搭档 |
[25:19] | We have made a choice to tackle everything together. | 我们决定要一起解决所有事 |
[25:26] | We go beyond what’s pretty and perfect, | 我们超越了美丽和完美 |
[25:28] | beyond what’s scary, difficult and unknown. | 超越了恐惧 困难和未知 |
[25:33] | We’re not just partners on the ticket. | 我们不仅是候选人名单上的搭档 |
[25:36] | We’re partners in life. | 我们也是生活中的搭档 |
[25:40] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[25:41] | You have someone on the inside of | 众议院情报委员会里 |
[25:42] | the House Intelligence Committee | 有人给你 |
[25:44] | feeding you classified information. | 提供机密信息 |
[25:46] | I’m a sitting governor. | 我是在任州长 |
[25:47] | There’s nothing wrong with staying informed. | 获得信息没什么错 |
[25:49] | Every Republican is against the Russians being involved. | 所有共和党人都在反对俄罗斯的介入 |
[25:52] | You are interfering with national security. | 你是在干预国家安全 |
[25:55] | I haven’t influenced a single member. | 我没摆布任何人 |
[25:56] | Oh, that’s because you’re having Brockhart do it. | 那是因为你让布洛哈特这么做 |
[25:59] | If the general chooses to share his expertise with them, | 如果将军提供专业建议 |
[26:02] | they’re well served by it. | 他们当然愿意听 |
[26:03] | Fifty times a day, you say we should destroy ICO, | 你每天要说50次我们得摧毁哈里发国 |
[26:07] | and now you’re deliberately preventing us from doing it. | 现在又故意阻止我们那么做 |
[26:09] | You could’ve destroyed them six months ago, | 你6个月前就可以摧毁他们了 |
[26:11] | so don’t lay that at my… | 所以不要把这赖在我… |
[26:12] | I don’t blame you for being a fraud, Governor. | 我不怪你装相 州长 |
[26:15] | I mean, we all have to be hypocrites, every now and then. | 我们都偶尔要伪善一下 |
[26:17] | But if you block this, I’ll send American troops in instead. | 但如果你阻止 我就得派美国军队 |
[26:21] | You won’t send Americans. Syria won’t allow it. | 你不会派美国人过去的 叙利亚不会同意的 |
[26:24] | I don’t care what Syria will allow. | 我不在乎叙利亚会不会同意 |
[26:26] | But wouldn’t you rather have it be Russians in harm’s way, | 但你难道不希望让俄罗斯人去冒险 |
[26:29] | than your fellow American soldiers? | 而不是美国同胞士兵吗 |
[26:32] | If anyone gets killed, that’s going to be blood on your hands. | 如果有人牺牲 那将是你一手造成的 |
[26:36] | You want me to tell the Republicans to… get on board. | 你想让我叫共和党人同意 |
[26:39] | Or have the general do it. | 或让将军去做 |
[26:41] | Put politics aside and do the right thing. | 把政治放在一边 做正确的事 |
[26:46] | Did you really think you’d be able to convince me | 你真以为你这通电话 |
[26:48] | by making this call, Mr. President? | 能说服我吗 总统先生 |
[26:50] | I’m ahead by double digits. I got a message that’s working. | 我领先两位数 我的说法能博取支持 |
[26:54] | You’re on your heels, and you’re asking me to help you | 你有麻烦 就诉诸于我的责任感 |
[26:57] | by appealing to my sense of duty? | 想让我帮你 |
[27:00] | I’ve even got you sold on my message. | 就连你都信了我的说辞 |
[27:06] | Well, you shouldn’t believe everything you see on TV. | 你不该太相信电视上的东西 |
[27:09] | The governor has ended the call, Mr. President. | 州长挂电话了 总统先生 |
[27:20] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[27:24] | We’re gonna go forward with our own ground operation. | 我们要出动自家的地面部队 |
[27:26] | I’ll inform the Joint Chiefs. Sir, there’s another thing. | 我去通知参联会 先生 还有件事 |
[27:31] | The Intelligence Committee… | 情报委员会 |
[27:32] | If Conway has someone on the inside– | 如果康威在内部有人 |
[27:33] | You’re worried about oversight on surveillance. | 你是担心对监控的监督 |
[27:36] | There’s increased attention. | 人们对此更加关注了 |
[27:38] | They dig around, find out what Macallan’s up to… | 如果他们打探 发现了麦卡伦做的事 |
[27:40] | Yeah, but I thought we were airtight. | 我们不是无懈可击吗 |
[27:41] | Leann says we are, but still… | 莉安那么说 但还是… |
[27:43] | The safest thing would be to end it. | 最保险的就是了结此事 |
[27:49] | Claire Underwood’s been on the move the past two days, | 克莱尔·安德伍德这两天一直在活动 |
[27:52] | showing up in every state Governor Conway’s held events. | 走访康威州长办过活动的每一个州 |
[27:56] | Absent from the trail has been the President. | 总统却一直缺席 |
[27:58] | Press Secretary Seth Grayson said, quote, | 引用新闻发言人赛斯·格雷森的原话 |
[28:01] | “The President is attending to the business of government | “总统目前正在处理 |
[28:04] | for the time being,” end quote. | 政府事务” |
[28:05] | But he neglected to say | 但他没有表明 |
[28:07] | when the President would resume campaigning, | 总统何时会继续竞选 |
[28:10] | and there are no upcoming events | 目前竞选网站上 |
[28:11] | currently listed on the campaign website, | 也没有列出近期活动信息 |
[28:14] | leading some to speculate that the real reason for his absence | 这让人推测总统缺席的真正原因 |
[28:17] | may be health-related. | 可能是身体问题 |
[28:18] | It’s been six months since the President received a liver transplant. | 总统接受肝脏移植已经过去六个月了 |
[28:22] | Although he was able to resume normal… | 虽然他可以继续正常… |
[28:24] | – What happened to your eye? – Freddy Hayes. | -你的眼睛怎么了 -弗莱迪·海耶斯干的 |
[28:29] | So I assume he didn’t talk. | 那他什么都没说了 |
[28:31] | I need a way in here, Mr.Danton. | 我需要一个切入点 丹顿先生 |
[28:34] | I’ve helped you as much as I can. | 我已经尽力帮你了 |
[28:36] | I know you won’t go on record. | 我知道你不会公开作证 |
[28:40] | I’m not even asking to put you on background. | 我甚至不要求你作为背景出现 |
[28:44] | All I’m looking for is whether I’m warm or cold. | 我只想知道我是接近还是偏离 |
[28:52] | What kind of beer is that? | 这是什么啤酒 |
[28:57] | A lager. Some microbrew they had, um… I don’t know the name. | 贮藏啤酒 微酿的…我不知道名字 |
[29:02] | Mind if I try it? | 我能尝尝吗 |
[29:07] | Go ahead. | 请便 |
[29:16] | It’s good. | 好喝 |
[29:19] | Used to play a drinking game when I was a teenager… | 我年少时候玩过一个喝酒游戏 |
[29:23] | called Never Have I Ever. | 叫”我从来没有过” |
[29:26] | – You know that game? – You drink when you have. | -知道那游戏吗 -有过那个经历就喝 |
[29:30] | That’s the one. | 就是那个 |
[29:34] | Or if the President has. | 或者如果总统有过 |
[29:47] | Never have I ever perjured myself | 被特别检察官调查的时候 |
[29:49] | when investigated by a special prosecutor. | 我从来没有做过伪证 |
[30:04] | Never have I ever struck a deal with Raymond Tusk… | 我从来没有和雷蒙德·塔斯克达成过协议 |
[30:08] | to perjure himself in exchange for a pardon. | 让他做伪证换取赦免 |
[30:20] | Never have I ever conspired to impeach a President | 我从来没有密谋弹劾过总统 |
[30:23] | so I could become President myself. | 好让我自己当上总统 |
[30:46] | We’re gonna need more beer. | 我们得再叫点酒了 |
[30:55] | – The First Lady is on line one, sir. – Thank you. | -第一夫人在1号线上 先生 -谢谢 |
[31:04] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[31:05] | Doug called me about sending in our own troops. | 道格给我打电话说我们要派出自己的军队 |
[31:08] | Well, it was that, or sit on our hands. Conway wouldn’t budge. | 要么派出要么无所行动 康威不肯让步 |
[31:12] | And what does Cathy say? | 凯茜怎么说 |
[31:13] | I’m more interested in hearing what you think. | 我更想知道你的想法 |
[31:16] | Well, I think… doing something is better than doing nothing. | 我认为…采取点行动总比什么都不做强 |
[31:21] | How are the events going? | 活动怎么样了 |
[31:23] | It’s hard to tell. I’ve done so many, it’s all a blur. | 说不好 做了好多场 都分不清了 |
[31:27] | There’s only one interview left tonight, | 今晚只剩一场访谈了 |
[31:29] | and then we’re done for the day, | 今天就结束了 |
[31:30] | but then there’s, uh… seven events tomorrow. | 但是…明天有七场 |
[31:34] | How are you holding up? | 你还好吧 |
[31:39] | I called to tell you Tom’s not working on the campaign anymore. | 我想告诉你汤姆不再为选举工作了 |
[31:43] | – Did he quit? – No. | -他辞职了 -不是 |
[31:47] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[31:50] | We both decided it was for the best. | 我们俩决定这样最好 |
[31:55] | We don’t have to worry about him, Francis. | 我们不用担心他 弗兰西斯 |
[31:59] | You sound tired. | 你听起来很累 |
[32:01] | Make sure you get a full night’s sleep tonight. | 今晚好好睡一觉吧 |
[32:06] | – Francis? – Yes? | -弗兰西斯 -怎么了 |
[32:10] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[32:13] | – I’ll see you tomorrow. – Okay, tomorrow. | -明天见 -好的 明天见 |
[32:41] | – You’re certain Underwood knew? – And Walker didn’t. | -你确定安德伍德知道 -但沃克不知道 |
[32:45] | Could Danton have some agenda on this? | 丹顿会不会有什么企图 |
[32:47] | He has no reason to lie. | 他没有理由撒谎 |
[32:50] | Who’s corroborated, besides him? | 除了他还有谁能证实 |
[32:52] | No one. That’s why I’m here. | 没有了 所以我才来这儿 |
[32:54] | I need institutional support. Legal, research… | 我需要制度支持 律师 调查… |
[32:59] | a place to work where my dog won’t bark at me. | 还有不会被我的狗干扰的办公地点 |
[33:01] | If you crack this story, you can do anything you want. | 如果能搞定这篇报道 你想做什么都行 |
[33:04] | – I’ll even make you managing editor again. – I don’t want that. | -我还可以让你再当上主编 -我不要 |
[33:09] | What I do want… is absolute autonomy. | 我想要的是…绝对自主权 |
[33:13] | I build my team, I keep it small, | 组建自己的团队 小规模 |
[33:14] | and I answer only to you. | 并且只向你汇报 |
[33:16] | – How about security? – Oh, this was just some bad luck. | -人身安全呢 -这只是不走运 |
[33:20] | I’ve lost two reporters, Tom. | 我已经失去两名记者了 汤姆 |
[33:22] | Oh, come on, Margaret. | 拜托 玛格丽特 |
[33:24] | Underwood may be a crook, but he’s not a killer. | 安德伍德或许是个坏蛋 但他不会杀人 |
[33:26] | I don’t think so either, but I don’t wanna take any chances. | 我也这么看 但我不想冒险 |
[33:28] | You just get me the staff I need. | 你把我要的人找来就好 |
[33:31] | Once this article comes out, I’m untouchable. | 文章一旦发表 就没人能动我了 |
[33:33] | When the White House starts throwing punches… lawyer up. | 白宫要想挥拳头 就让律师出面 |
[33:37] | ‘Cause he’s gonna throw ’em at the Herald, not me. | 因为他只能冲着《先驱报》 不能冲我来 |
[34:03] | Hobby I used to have. | 我以前的爱好 |
[34:06] | The Battle of the Wilderness. | 莽原之役 |
[34:08] | I spent months building a model of it. | 我花了几个月 造了一个模型 |
[34:11] | Started another one, but never finished it. | 之后想再造一个 却没有完成 |
[34:14] | – Why not? – I became president. | -为什么 -我成了总统 |
[34:17] | Never enough time. | 时间总不够 |
[34:21] | Does Claire know you asked me here? | 克莱尔知道你叫我过来吗 |
[34:24] | No. | 不知道 |
[34:38] | It was more than just a fling, wasn’t it? | 你们不只是玩玩而已吧 |
[34:49] | – How did she describe it? – I didn’t ask. | -她怎么说的 -我没问 |
[34:55] | Well, I’m not gonna go into details. | 我就不详述细节了 |
[34:58] | I respect you too much for that. | 那样对你太失敬 |
[35:04] | When you two came back from Texas… | 你们俩从德州回来时 |
[35:09] | I had a feeling. | 我就有所感觉 |
[35:13] | She says… you made her mother laugh. | 她说 你逗她母亲笑了 |
[35:18] | Yeah, I guess she took a liking to me. | 是啊 看来她挺喜欢我 |
[35:22] | Christ, I haven’t seen that woman laugh in 30 years. | 上帝 30年来 我从没见那女人笑过 |
[35:26] | I’m just not a threat. | 因为我不是威胁 |
[35:30] | Just someone who didn’t judge, accepted her. | 我不做评判 而是接受了她 |
[35:34] | Do you make Claire laugh? | 你把克莱尔也逗笑了吗 |
[35:38] | We have a connection. | 我们有共鸣 |
[35:40] | Yeah… I make her laugh. | 是的 我也让她笑了 |
[35:43] | I make her feel desired. | 让她有被渴望的感觉 |
[35:46] | I think she feels comfortable being vulnerable around me. | 我觉得她愿意让我看到她脆弱的一面 |
[35:52] | I have to say, I’m a bit surprised you’re not upset. | 我得说 你没生气 让我有些惊讶 |
[35:54] | – What would that achieve? – I admire that, Frank. | -生气有什么好处 -我很钦佩 弗兰克 |
[36:00] | I got angry with an old friend yesterday | 我昨天对一个老朋友发火了 |
[36:03] | for calling me “Frank” Instead of “Mr. President.” | 因为他叫我弗兰克 而不是总统先生 |
[36:06] | Just for using your name? | 就因为直呼你的名字吗 |
[36:10] | It wasn’t the name, I suppose. | 我想不是因为名字 |
[36:13] | It’s the fact that he’s leaving me. | 而是因为他要离开我了 |
[36:16] | – Leaving you how? – New job. | -怎么离开你 -换工作了 |
[36:20] | – He worked for you? – Here in the White House. | -他本来为你工作吗 -就在白宫 |
[36:25] | It’s tough for employees to be your friends. | 下属要和上司做朋友不容易 |
[36:31] | That’s why I decided to end it. | 所以我决定做个了结 |
[36:37] | – You decided to leave. – So that she wouldn’t have to ask me to. | -是你要走的 -这样她就不用开口了 |
[36:46] | And what about your book? | 那你的书呢 |
[36:51] | I would never betray her like that. | 我决不会那样背叛她 |
[36:58] | Thank you, Tom. | 谢谢你 汤姆 |
[37:00] | – I’ll walk you out. – I know my way out. | -我送你出去 -我自己走就好 |
[37:04] | But thanks. | 不过谢了 |
[37:10] | Take care, Frank. | 保重 弗兰克 |
[37:52] | Three teams. North, east, and west. | 三支队伍 北面 东面 西面 |
[37:55] | We’ll triangulate and advance on the center. | 我们形成三角攻势 向中心进发 |
[37:58] | Each team will have a field agent | 每支队伍都将有一名外勤特工 |
[38:00] | working with local assets to locate the Ahmadis. | 与当地人员一同寻找艾哈迈迪兄弟 |
[38:03] | Here’s the executive order, sir. | 这是行政命令 先生 |
[38:19] | Do you have a preference? Dead or alive? | 您希望直接击毙还是活捉 |
[38:22] | Alive, if we can get intelligence out of ’em. | 如果他们能提供情报 就活捉 |
[38:24] | – Thank you, sir. – Thank you, sir. | -谢谢 先生 -谢谢 先生 |
[38:32] | You’re officially briefing me | 记住 你是在向我汇报 |
[38:34] | on ICO-related surveillance activities. | 关于哈里发国的监控行动 |
[38:36] | You never saw or spoke to the President. | 你从未与总统见面或谈话 |
[38:41] | This way. | 走这边 |
[38:57] | Mr. Macallan. | 麦卡伦先生 |
[39:00] | – Mr. President. – The President’s in his residence… | -总统先生 -总统在他的宅邸 |
[39:03] | not here. | 不在这里 |
[39:05] | Security. We have concerns. | 安全问题 我们有些担忧 |
[39:08] | Conway has people on House Intelligence. | 康威在众议院情报委员会里有人 |
[39:11] | I’ve got everything masked. | 我把一切都掩盖好了 |
[39:12] | The algorithms for ICO and the campaign are identical. | 监控哈里发国和给竞选用的算法完全相同 |
[39:15] | It’s just a matter of what variables you input. | 只是输入的变量不一样而已 |
[39:18] | Give me English. | 说通俗点 |
[39:24] | One spoon. I can use it to stir my coffee… | 一只勺子 我可以用来搅拌咖啡 |
[39:29] | to eat soup… | 用来喝汤 |
[39:32] | to boil heroin. | 或是加热海洛因 |
[39:35] | All they see is the spoon, not what I do with it. | 他们只能看见勺子 看不见我用它做什么 |
[39:40] | Or we could just get rid of the spoon. | 或者我们干脆让勺子消失 |
[39:42] | Shut it down? Well, that would be a shame, | 关停吗 那太可惜了 |
[39:44] | especially after yesterday. | 特别是在昨天之后 |
[39:47] | – What happened yesterday? – Beyond happened. | -昨天发生了什么 -超越了发生 |
[39:52] | “Beyond”? | “超越” |
[39:54] | What your wife said in South Dakota. | 你太太在南达科塔州说的话 |
[39:57] | “Beyond what’s pretty and perfect.” | “超越美丽和完美” |
[40:00] | Liberation from convention, from the past. | 摆脱习俗 过往 |
[40:04] | Beyond surface, beyond bullshit, beyond the election. | 超越表面 超越空谈 超越竞选 |
[40:11] | – Beyond marriage. – Yes, exactly. | -超越婚姻 -正是 |
[40:17] | You’re not just husband and wife. You’re not just running mates. | 你们不仅是夫妻 不仅是竞选搭档 |
[40:19] | You’re both and more. | 你们两者都是 却不止于此 |
[40:22] | You’re what’s possible. | 你们代表了一种可能 |
[40:25] | The Conways are everything everyone wants to be. | 康维夫妇是梦幻偶像 |
[40:29] | You’re everything everyone wants to become. | 但你们才是理想境界 |
[40:38] | The President has been shot. He’s had a liver transplant. | 总统遭到了枪击 做了肝脏移植 |
[40:43] | And I’m sure everyone here in Pittsburgh is wondering, | 我相信匹兹堡的所有人都在想 |
[40:46] | what happens if he dies? | 如果他死了怎么办 |
[40:49] | Not to be indelicate, but… | 无意冒犯 不过… |
[40:52] | What if I became president? | 如果我成了总统吗 |
[40:54] | And that’s fair. | 这很合理 |
[40:56] | Our party chose me because they saw | 我党选择我 因为他们看到的是 |
[41:00] | one half of an indivisible team. | 一个团队不可分割的一半 |
[41:03] | Unconditional support. | 无条件的支持 |
[41:05] | Two people working together for years. | 携手共进多年的两人 |
[41:08] | Supporting each other is one thing. | 相互支撑是一回事 |
[41:10] | Experience is another. | 经验是另一回事 |
[41:12] | You have very little. | 你的经验很少 |
[41:15] | I can see from your ring that you’re married. | 从你的戒指看得出你结婚了 |
[41:17] | Yes. Eighteen years. | 是的 18年了 |
[41:19] | So you know what real partnership is. | 那么你知道什么是真正的搭档 |
[41:21] | We have 30 years under our belts. | 我们一起走过了30年 |
[41:23] | Learning from and advising each other? I’d call that experience. | 相互学习 相互建议 这就是经验 |
[41:27] | Okay, so you’ve got a strong marriage, | 好 你们有坚实的婚姻 |
[41:29] | but in terms of your qualifications– | 但说到你的资历 |
[41:32] | What… what I’m saying is | 我想说的是 |
[41:33] | that we need to get beyond husband and wife. | 我们要超越夫妻关系来看 |
[41:36] | We need to look at the team. | 我们要站在团队的角度看 |
[41:38] | Francis has served in Congress, in the White House. | 弗兰西斯在国会和白宫干过 |
[41:42] | I’ve run a major nonprofit. I served as ambassador. | 我经营过大型非盈利机构 做过大使 |
[41:47] | We have passed legislation, developed policy. | 我们曾一起通过立法 制定政策 |
[41:51] | We’ve done all of that together, every step of the way. | 一切都是我们一起做的 每一步都是 |
[41:55] | So it’s natural that we would run together. | 所以我们一起竞选是很自然的事 |
[41:58] | And I know Francis better than anyone. | 而且我比谁都了解弗兰西斯 |
[42:01] | So, if he died, to answer your question, | 所以 回答你的问题 如果他死了 |
[42:04] | who better to carry out his plan for America? | 还有谁比我更适合实现他的美国计划呢 |
[42:08] | Manipulation. | 操纵 |
[42:10] | Deception. | 欺骗 |
[42:13] | Corruption. | 腐败 |
[42:16] | That translates to abuse of power and breaking the law. | 这就构成滥用职权和触犯法律了 |
[42:22] | We know it’s true, but we need corroboration. | 我们知道是这样 但我们需要确证 |
[42:25] | People on record, every fact researched | 要有公开证人 所有事实经过调查 |
[42:29] | and checked and double-checked. | 并且反复核实 |
[42:33] | Nothing we discuss leaves this room. | 一切讨论内容不得外传 |
[42:38] | Not your friends, not your family, | 不能透露给朋友 家人 |
[42:40] | not the 50 reporters outside that door | 或是门外那50个 |
[42:41] | who wanna know what we’re doing in here. | 想知道我们在这里干什么的记者 |
[42:45] | The second the White House gets wind of what we’re doing… | 一旦白宫对我们做的事有一丝察觉 |
[42:49] | they start to make this story… | 他们就会设法让这个报道 |
[42:53] | disappear. | 消失 |
[42:55] | The radio interview you did was spectacular. | 你在电台访问中的表现太出彩了 |
[42:59] | It felt good. | 感觉不错 |
[43:00] | I feel like we’re finally tapping into something. | 我觉得我们终于找到发力点了 |
[43:02] | Was it Tom, what you said in South Dakota, | 你在南达科塔那对夫妇那里说的话 |
[43:05] | with the couple? | 是汤姆想的吗 |
[43:06] | I saw a videotape of it. | 我看过视频了 |
[43:09] | The core of it, yes. And then… | 核心是的 然后… |
[43:13] | I sort of made it my own. | 我自己编了一些 |
[43:16] | He should stay on. | 他应该留下 |
[43:18] | – No. – Not as your speechwriter. | -不 -不是作为你的讲稿撰稿人 |
[43:20] | Well, I mean, yes, to the rest of the world, | 我的意思是 对外人来说 |
[43:21] | he can be our speechwriter. | 他还是我们的讲稿撰稿人 |
[43:23] | But that’s not why he should stay on. | 但这不是他应该留下来的原因 |
[43:28] | He should stay on because… | 他应该留下来 因为… |
[43:31] | he can give you things that I can’t. | 他能给你我给不了的东西 |
[43:34] | Look, Claire, we’ve been a great team. | 克莱尔 我们一直是个强大的团队 |
[43:37] | But one person… | 但是一个人… |
[43:39] | one person cannot give everything to another person. | 一个人终究不能给另一个人一切 |
[43:45] | I can’t travel with you. | 我不能和你一起旅行 |
[43:48] | I don’t keep you warm at night. | 不能在夜里给你温暖 |
[43:49] | I don’t see you the way he sees you. | 也不能像他那样看待你 |
[43:54] | It– Look, it’s not my permission to give, but… | 这事不由我允许 但是… |
[43:57] | you’ll do what’s right for you. | 你会做对自己正确的事 |
[44:01] | But I want you to know, if you want it… | 但我想让你知道 如果你想… |
[44:06] | I know you’ll be careful… | 我知道你会小心的… |
[44:09] | and I’ll be fine. | 我不介意 |
[44:10] | I mean, if we’re gonna go beyond marriage, let’s go beyond it. | 如果我们要超越婚姻 那就超越吧 |
[44:22] | You have three saved messages. | 您有三条已存留言 |
[44:24] | Message one. September 8th– | 第一条信息 9月8日 |
[44:28] | Hi, uh, this is Laura Moretti leaving a message for Douglas– | 您好 我是劳拉·莫雷蒂 留言给道格拉斯… |
[44:32] | To save this message, press eight. | 保存留言请按8 |
[44:36] | To call back, press five. | 回拨请按5 |
[44:39] | To– – | 如 |
[45:03] | I’m sorry. Uh, my sitter was late, and, um… | 抱歉 我的保姆到晚了… |
[45:07] | – and then there was traffic, so– – Just relax. | -路上堵车 -放松 |
[45:09] | It’s fine. | 没关系 |
[45:14] | It’s so nice to meet you in person. | 很高兴能见到您本人 |
[45:20] | Here. | 给 |
[45:24] | I don’t know why I got them. I guess I, uh… | 我也不知道为什么买了花 我大概… |
[45:29] | – Anyway. – No, they’re lovely. Thank you. | -总之 -真美 谢谢 |
[45:34] | And, uh… and thank you again… for that donation. | 还有…再次感谢您…给我们捐款 |
[45:39] | I just… I can’t tell you how much it means– | 我无法表达这对我们多重要 |
[45:41] | You already thanked me on your voice message | 在语音留言里 还有之前通话时 |
[45:43] | and when we talked on the phone. | 你已经谢过我了 |
[45:45] | You don’t need to thank me anymore. | 不用再感谢了 |
[45:48] | Okay, no more thanks. | 好 不说谢谢了 |
[45:53] | I hope this place is okay. | 希望这个地方还行 |
[45:55] | It’s nothing fancy, but I come here a lot. | 不是什么高档餐厅 但我常来 |
[45:58] | I like it. It has a lot of character. | 我喜欢 挺有个性的地方 |
[46:03] | Tony liked greasy spoons like this. | 东尼喜欢这种小餐馆 |
[46:06] | He used to take the kids to, | 他以前每周日下午 |
[46:08] | Ben’s Chili Bowl every Sunday afternoon | 都带孩子们去宾士红辣碗餐馆 |
[46:11] | and get them hot dogs. | 买热狗给他们吃 |
[46:14] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[46:17] | Don’t be. | 没事 |
[46:19] | I probably just shouldn’t talk about my husband. | 我也许不该谈我丈夫 |
[46:21] | I still get emotional. | 我还是会控制不住情绪 |
[46:25] | You can… if you want to. | 你可以谈…如果你想谈的话 |
[46:31] | Even if I cry? | 哪怕我哭 |
[46:35] | I wanna know more about him. | 我想多了解他 |
[46:47] | Will you close the doors, please? | 能关一下门吗 |
[47:04] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[47:10] | Twice in two days I’ve been here. | 我两天来了这里两次 |
[47:13] | I know. | 我知道 |
[47:16] | So, why am I here now? | 为什么叫我来 |
[47:23] | I want you back. | 我希望你回来 |
[47:31] | I want you back, too. | 我也是 |
[47:34] | But… | 但是… |
[47:37] | He understands. | 他理解 |
[49:19] | 从美国首位第一夫人玛莎·华盛顿 到现在住在白宫的米歇尔·奥巴马 美国历史上出现过很多杰出的第一夫人 她们不仅能在政务上辅佐自己的丈夫 成为总统的诤友良伴 更有几位还凭借非凡的才能和魅力 在美国历史上留下了自己的印记 | |
[49:29] | 无论是比尔·克林顿两番问鼎白宫 还是希拉里·克林顿两次参选总统 他们一直都携手作战 既是夫妻 也是战友 在希拉里08年失败的总统竞选 和目前正在进行的大选中 她都将比尔·克林顿作为一件终极武器 因为比尔虽然离任多年 但在美国选民中一直有着非常高的支持率 但终极武器使用不当 也会事倍功半 比如在08年的选举中 媒体就认为比尔·克林顿过度攻击奥巴马 招致黑人选民反感 这对希拉里的失败要负有一定责任 在目前正在进行的选举中 比尔·克林顿也十分卖力 希拉里在初选初期凯歌高奏 比尔功不可没 而在生活中 由于希拉里离开白宫后 有了自己的事业 同比尔聚少离多 很多人认为 两人更像是政治盟友 希拉里对比尔继续拈花惹草的绯闻并不在意 |