时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | I demand that this Congress | 我要求国会 |
[00:06] | declare a formal declaration of war against ICO, | 正式对哈里发国宣战 |
[00:10] | both here and abroad. | 在本土 也在海外 |
[00:11] | Make sure the committee dealing with the declaration of war | 确保处理宣战的委员会 |
[00:13] | never gets to a vote. | 不会进入表决 |
[00:15] | We need to get back to the president’s crimes. | 我们得回到总统罪行的问题上 |
[00:17] | That’s the story. | 那才是新闻 |
[00:18] | Get them talking about anything but that goddamn article. | 让他们谈什么都好 就是别谈那篇文章 |
[00:20] | We need to dial up the terror. | 我们得加大恐惧感 |
[00:24] | War whore! | 战争婊子 |
[00:26] | The only way that we are gonna survive this… | 我们如果想平安度过 |
[00:28] | is if they win. | 就得让他们赢 |
[00:32] | Help them win. | 帮他们赢 |
[00:33] | Your friend from The Sentinel called, Tim Corbet. | 你桑蒂诺的朋友 蒂姆·科贝特打来了 |
[00:36] | You’re ever in Colorado with some time on your hands… | 你什么时候来科罗拉多州又有时间 |
[00:47] | We’re two weeks out. It’s hard to say no to war. | 还剩两周 很难反对战争 |
[00:50] | They’re gonna use the Declaration of War to investigate. | 他们要利用宣战的事做调查 |
[00:52] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[00:54] | They’re gonna use the committee Frank asked for to investigate him. | 他们要用弗兰克要求组建的委员会调查他 |
[00:58] | – Fuck. – That’s right, Doug. | -该死 -是啊 道格 |
[01:01] | “Fuck.” | “该死” |
[01:13] | Why do you keep playing with that? | 你怎么老玩那个 |
[01:15] | Because I’m skeptical. | 因为我疑心重啊 |
[01:17] | Do you think this really works? | 你觉得这个真管用吗 |
[01:19] | Oh, it’s just about making the candidate seem familiar, | 是为了让候选人看起来眼熟 |
[01:22] | so that the voter sees herself in him. | 让选民在他脸上看见自己的影子 |
[01:24] | But… you’ve gone too far. | 但你调得有点过了 |
[01:29] | There. | 好了 |
[01:31] | Congratulations, Francis. You have my vote. | 恭喜你 弗兰西斯 我投你一票 |
[01:35] | – When do you leave for New York? – Now. | -你什么时候去纽约 -现在就走 |
[01:39] | Then I’m back for the event with Cathy. | 然后再回来和凯茜一起出席活动 |
[01:43] | It’s very risky, what Macallan is doing. | 麦卡伦做的事真的很危险 |
[01:47] | Do you think it’s worth it? | 你觉得值得吗 |
[03:48] | – Danton and Sharp just lawyered up. – They don’t want to testify? | -丹顿和夏普刚请了律师 -他们不想作证 |
[03:51] | And there’s no way subpoenas get them | 不可能在大选之前 |
[03:52] | in front of the committee before the election. | 传召他们去委员会作证了 |
[03:53] | There’s a rumor the committee’s | 有传言说委员会 |
[03:55] | trying to make a deal with Garrett Walker. | 想和加勒特·沃克做交易 |
[03:56] | No, Walker doesn’t want to do damage to the party. | 不 沃克不想伤害党的选情 |
[03:59] | So why did Jim Matthews agree to appear? | 那吉姆·马修斯为什么同意出席 |
[04:01] | I’m already getting pummeled with questions about it. | 已经有记者拿这事砸我了 |
[04:03] | Does he have anything to say? | 他有什么可说的吗 |
[04:05] | Uh, even if he pleads the Fifth, | 就算他保持沉默 |
[04:06] | they get a perp walk that implicates the president. | 也是能给总统抹黑的 |
[04:10] | I didn’t know anyone actually ate those. | 我就没见过有谁吃那东西 |
[04:13] | I look forward to this stuff all year. | 我馋了一整年了 |
[04:17] | Do we have anything on the committee members? | 委员会成员有什么料在我们手上吗 |
[04:20] | Nothing too juicy yet, I’m afraid. | 恐怕眼下还没什么猛料 |
[04:23] | Vice chairman had an affair with a young male staffer | 副主席干了一个年轻男职员 |
[04:25] | before he came out to his wife. Old news. | 然后向他老婆出柜 老新闻了 |
[04:28] | Committee chairman’s squeaky clean | 委员会主席干净得很 |
[04:30] | other than a minor back-tax issue. | 只有点退税之类的小问题 |
[04:33] | 把手中掌握的他人的裸体照片 或性爱视频放到网上 多半是分道扬镳的前伴侣所为 | |
[04:33] | I did find some revenge porn on the chairman’s chief of staff, | 我倒是找到了段主席幕僚长的色情报复视频 |
[04:36] | but I don’t think it’s worth much. | 不过我觉得没什么价值 |
[04:39] | Is it enough to scare her? | 能吓住她吗 |
[04:42] | Embarrass her, probably. More than that, probably not. | 也就让她丢丢人吧 再多就不太可能了 |
[04:57] | I gotta say, they look a lot better on you, Mrs. Underwood, | 我得说面具您戴着好看多了 安德伍德夫人 |
[05:00] | than they would on Governor Conway. | 要比康威州长戴着好看 |
[05:03] | Maybe that’s why he didn’t wanna pay for it. | 也许这就是他不想掏钱的原因 |
[05:08] | These masks will be distributed to all MTA engineers, | 面具将分发给大纽约交通运输管理局的工程师 |
[05:12] | conductors and maintenance workers. | 售票员和维护工人 |
[05:14] | And this model is highly effective in case of a chemical attack. | 这一款应对化武袭击非常有效 |
[05:18] | And I believe Mayor Adalardi would like to say a few words. | 我想阿德拉迪市长有几句话要讲 |
[05:20] | Absolutely. | 好的 |
[05:24] | Safety in all branches of the public transportation system | 确保公共运输部门的安保措施全覆盖 |
[05:27] | – is my number one priority. – Ken? | -是我的首要考虑 -肯 |
[05:29] | – That means subways, that means buses… – It’s fine, I know him. | -其中包括地铁 公交 -没事 我认识他 |
[05:34] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[05:35] | What? This is my stop. | 我就在这站下啊 |
[05:38] | – Well, you look well. – Well, I can’t complain. | -你气色不错 -还行吧 |
[05:40] | Can’t complain, except… | 就那样呗 只是 |
[05:42] | Well, I’m sure you heard about Tim. | 我想你知道蒂姆的事吧 |
[05:45] | Corbet? No. | 科贝特 不清楚 |
[05:47] | – Beth didn’t call? – No. | -贝丝没打电话吗 -没有啊 |
[05:50] | Oh, man. I hate to be the one to tell you this. | 老天 我真不希望你从我这里听说这事 |
[05:54] | Tim went out on the Arkansas River. | 蒂姆去阿肯色河游玩 |
[05:57] | He’s been missing for two days now. | 他已经失踪两天了 |
[06:00] | I thought for sure the President would have heard. | 我还以为总统肯定知道呢 |
[06:02] | I mean, I can’t imagine how Frank’s gonna take this. | 我都无法想象弗兰克会多难受 |
[06:05] | Oh, my goodness! Beth and the kids must be so distraught. | 我的天啊 贝丝和孩子们肯定伤心死了 |
[06:07] | Sure. But Frank and Tim’s relationship was special. | 当然 可是弗兰克和蒂姆的关系不一般 |
[06:14] | It’s great to see you, Claire. | 很高兴见到你 克莱尔 |
[06:16] | Would you ask Frank to give me a call? | 你能让弗兰克给我打个电话吗 |
[06:19] | – Mrs. Underwood? – Uh, just one moment. | -安德伍德夫人 -请稍等 |
[06:24] | See that gentleman I was speaking to? | 看见刚才和我说话的那位先生了吗 |
[06:26] | Go ask him to wait for me, please. | 去请他等我一下 谢谢 |
[06:29] | Governors, we are running out of time. | 各位州长 我们时间不多了 |
[06:32] | The fact that you are here | 你们各位 |
[06:33] | at this emergency meeting on such short notice | 大老远来参加这场紧急会议 |
[06:36] | tells the American people that | 就已经让美国人民知道 |
[06:37] | you are as concerned about their safety as I am. | 你们和我一样 担忧他们的安全 |
[06:41] | Terror is unacceptable. | 恐惧是不可接受的 |
[06:43] | I do not accept it. | 我拒绝接受 |
[06:46] | But we will not be deterred | 但我们不能被 |
[06:47] | by Washington’s failure to address it. | 华盛顿的处理不力拖后腿 |
[06:50] | We will work together, side by side, fighting back. | 我们要勠力合作 肩并肩 共进退 |
[06:55] | State by state, city by city, neighborhood by neighborhood. | 在每个州 每座城市 每个街区展开反击 |
[06:59] | Because, make no mistake… | 因为各位不要掉以轻心 |
[07:01] | we are engaged in the battle of our time. | 我们在打一场影响整个时代的战争 |
[07:06] | The question of what it is to be an American, | 作为美国人意味着什么 |
[07:09] | the very essence of American-ness, | 美国性的核心本质 |
[07:12] | how we choose to lead our lives, open and free, | 我们选择的开放自由的生活 |
[07:15] | is on the line. | 这些都受到了威胁 |
[07:18] | Fear is un-American. | 恐惧是非美国的 |
[07:23] | And yes, the irony of saying those words to you on Halloween, | 没错 偏偏在万圣节这天对各位说这番话 |
[07:26] | of all days, is not lost on me. | 这讽刺性我也意识到了 |
[07:29] | But although we may choose, as Americans, | 但虽然我们作为美国人 |
[07:31] | to scare ourselves once a year for fun… | 可能会为了取乐 每年主动吓自己一次 |
[07:35] | no one else tells any American | 除了这一天之外 谁也不能 |
[07:38] | when to shake in their boots at any other time. | 告诉美国人什么时候该吓得发抖 |
[07:41] | So I am issuing an executive order, | 我要下达一项行政命令 |
[07:43] | by virtue of the authority vested in me | 凭借我 |
[07:46] | as President of the United States | 作为美国总统 |
[07:48] | and commander in chief of the armed forces. | 和三军统帅的的权力 |
[07:51] | By our Constitution and the laws of our land, | 凭借宪法和我国的法律 |
[07:54] | including Section Blah-Blah of the Blah-Blah Act | 包括什么什么法第多少多少章 |
[07:57] | and Section Blah-Blah of Title Blah-Blah, | 还有某某法令第多少多少章 |
[08:00] | Paragraph Bullshit-Bullshit. | 第哪条狗屁款 |
[08:03] | In case you have no idea what’s going on, | 以防你不明白这是怎么回事 |
[08:04] | I’m swelling these states’ National Guard troops | 我要扩充这些州的国民警卫队 |
[08:07] | to create secure public spaces on Election Day. | 以确保选举日公共场合的安全性 |
[08:11] | I’m urging these governors to consolidate their polling sites | 我督促这些州长合并投票站 |
[08:15] | and create quote, unquote “voting centers” | 建立”投票中心” |
[08:18] | so that people feel safe to come out and vote. | 让民众觉得出门投票是安全的 |
[08:21] | I’m commending Governor Sally Morrison | 我赞扬伟大的亚利桑那州的州长 |
[08:24] | of the great state of Arizona, | 萨莉·莫里森 |
[08:26] | for giving us all such a good example of voting centers | 因为她在最近的初选中为我们树立了 |
[08:29] | as used in their recent primary. | 投票中心的好榜样 |
[08:32] | But what I’m really doing | 但我其实是在 |
[08:34] | is seducing the governors of five key states. | 引诱五个关键州的州长 |
[08:38] | New Jersey, Nevada, Illinois, | 新泽西 内华达 伊利诺伊 |
[08:41] | Ohio and Pennsylvania. | 俄亥俄和宾州 |
[08:43] | Messrs. Harcourt, Nuñez, Gallinard, | 州长分别是哈克特 努涅兹 加里纳德 |
[08:48] | Olmstead and Matthews. | 奥姆斯泰德 还有马修斯 |
[08:52] | You remember Matthews, don’t you? | 你们还记得马修斯吧 |
[08:55] | Former vice president to President Garrett Walker. | 加勒特·沃克总统的前副总统 |
[08:58] | Nothing but a provincial and petty pen-stealer. | 就是个眼光狭隘的偷笔毛贼 |
[09:05] | But I need him. | 但我需要他 |
[09:07] | I need all five on my side if I’m gonna win this election. | 想赢得这次选举 我需要他们五个都支持我 |
[09:11] | Matthews, in our history, he’s the biggest known unknown. | 从以往来看 马修是我们已知的最大未知数 |
[09:15] | And I almost forgot. The boy wonder is here. | 我差点忘了 金童也来了 |
[09:19] | My worthy opponent. | 我不容小觑的对手 |
[09:21] | Out of his element and stuck in mine. | 他坐立不安 我却如鱼得水 |
[09:23] | But, you see, in politics, stature is everything. | 但你看 在政治中声望[身高]决定一切 |
[09:28] | And wouldn’t you say that | 你也能看出来 |
[09:29] | Willy C is getting shorter by the minute? | 小威·康越来越矮了[底气不足] |
[09:34] | 总统颁布边境限制令 康威竞选团队对总统言论的回应 | |
[09:34] | These border restrictions the president is proposing… | 总统提出的这些边境限制令 |
[09:37] | should the military play a role in enforcing them, General? | 军队是否该执行它们 将军 |
[09:40] | I think we need to take a step back | 我们应该退后一步 |
[09:42] | and look at our national security priorities. | 站在大局看国家安全的当务之急 |
[09:44] | And what constitutes appropriate deployment | 以及如何调动军队 |
[09:47] | of our serving men and women. | 才是合理合法的 |
[09:49] | As veterans, | 我们是退役军人 |
[09:50] | this issue is a personal one for Governor Conway and me. | 此事让康威州长和我尤其挂心 |
[09:53] | – Would you and– – I’ll tell you something else. | -你和 -我再跟你说 |
[09:54] | You won’t hear this from the governor himself, | 州长不会亲口这么说 |
[09:56] | but his military career | 但在他的军旅生涯中 |
[09:58] | is distinguished by exceptional acts of bravery. | 非凡的勇敢行为不计其数 |
[10:01] | In particular, the incident for which | 尤其是 让他获得 |
[10:02] | he was awarded the Purple Heart stands out. | 紫心勋章的那次行动 格外突出 |
[10:06] | Speaks to the kind of commander in chief he will be. | 这表明了他能成为怎样的三军统帅 |
[10:08] | Demonstrates what I call fearless wisdom. | 也证明了在我看来 是无畏的智慧 |
[10:11] | Someday soon, America needs to hear the full story of that day. | 美国应该尽早听听他立功的来龙去脉 |
[10:14] | Thank you for your time, General Brockhart. | 感谢您的参与 布洛哈特将军 |
[10:17] | Glad to talk to you. | 很高兴接受采访 |
[10:18] | Coming up next on Special Report, we take a look at… | 接下的《特别报道》 我们将关注 |
[10:20] | I swear to God, if Underwood puts soldiers on those borders, | 我对天发誓 要是安德伍德往边境派兵 |
[10:23] | I’ll be the first to tell them not to listen. | 我第一个站出来让军人抗命 |
[10:27] | In terms of allocation of funds, | 在拨款分配方面 |
[10:29] | it’s our water supply that keeps me up at night. | 水源问题让我整夜发愁 |
[10:32] | Roger, are you talking about protecting the infrastructure? | 罗杰 你是说保护基础设施吗 |
[10:34] | Infrastructure and water sources. | 基础设施还有水源问题 |
[10:36] | Reservoirs, the dams, the tunnel delivery systems– | 水库 水坝 还有输水管道系统 |
[10:39] | All of it, yes. | 所有这些 是的 |
[10:41] | Protection from terrorism, sure, | 保护它们免遭恐袭 当然 |
[10:42] | but the voters see even greater dangers. | 但选民们还看到了更大的危险 |
[10:44] | Structural, environmental, toxins from algae. | 建设性的 环境方面的 藻类毒素 |
[10:47] | Algae’s quite a problem for us. | 水藻是我们的大麻烦 |
[10:49] | The big question here, are the feds doing all they can do? | 关键问题是 联邦政府尽力了吗 |
[10:52] | Well, the feds want to do even more. | 联邦政府还想做更多事情 |
[10:54] | That’s the reason that we’re all meeting here today. | 那就是我们今天聚在这里的原因 |
[10:56] | Now, look, gentlemen, all I can see | 先生们 我现在看到的 |
[10:57] | is that we’re in violent agreement with each other. | 是我们大家都在争吵 |
[10:59] | I mean, Roger, how long have we known each other? | 罗杰 我们认识多久了 |
[11:01] | How far do we go back? | 多长时间了 |
[11:02] | You knew me when I had hair, Mr. President. | 我还有头发的时候你就认识我了 总统先生 |
[11:05] | It doesn’t change the fact that my constituents are saying, | 但不管怎样 我的选民都说 |
[11:07] | “Give me a bridge, not a war zone.” | “我们需要的是桥 不是战区” |
[11:09] | All I’m saying is that | 我的意思是 |
[11:10] | we need to anticipate threats when we can and thwart them. | 我们要及时预测并扼制威胁 |
[11:13] | I’m saying that we’re days away from an election, | 我的意思是 大选将至 |
[11:15] | and I don’t wanna upset the apple cart. | 我不想把事情搞砸 |
[11:17] | Excuse me for just a moment. | 抱歉我离开一下 |
[11:20] | Will, have you seen this? | 威尔 你看到这个了吗 |
[11:21] | 康威 战争英雄 | |
[11:25] | All right. I’ll deal with him later. | 好 我回头找他 |
[11:29] | Tell me exactly what she said. | 告诉我她具体说了什么 |
[11:30] | Just that she heard it from Ken Caswell. | 只说她是从肯·卡斯维尔那里听到的 |
[11:38] | I checked with the local authorities in Salida, sir. | 我向萨里达当局核实过了 先生 |
[11:41] | It doesn’t look good. | 不太妙 |
[11:44] | – The chances of– – Amp up the search. | -可能性 -加强搜索力度 |
[11:46] | Whatever materials and personnel they need | 无论他们是需要物资还是人手 |
[11:48] | in addition to what they have, give them. | 除了他们已经有的 都给他们 |
[11:50] | And reach out to Beth Corbet. I’d like to speak to her directly. | 再联系一下贝丝·科贝特 我想和她通话 |
[11:52] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[11:58] | I haven’t slept a good night’s sleep since 2012. | 从2012年起我就没睡过一个好觉 |
[12:02] | But I guess elected officials don’t sleep | 但我觉得当选官员不睡觉的话 |
[12:04] | so our constituents can. | 我们的选民就能睡好了 |
[12:07] | The proof of success in fighting terror… | 成功打击恐怖活动的证据 |
[12:10] | is something the public never hears about. | 就是民众对此毫不知晓 |
[12:13] | A certain city in my state | 我州的一座城市 |
[12:15] | wears the biggest target in the nation. | 是国内最大的恐袭目标 |
[12:19] | The city and state of New York… | 纽约州和纽约市 |
[12:21] | has scored silent wins for 15 years… | 十五年来默默地胜利着 |
[12:25] | without a declaration of war. | 从未宣战 |
[12:29] | Now… | 好吧 |
[12:31] | in most cases… | 大多数时候 |
[12:33] | I would argue the states can take care of themselves. | 我会说各州可以进行自我管理 |
[12:36] | Mr. President! | 总统先生 |
[12:37] | Well, by all means, continue, Governor. | 没事 继续 州长 |
[12:39] | What… what was that part you were talking about? Insomnia? | 你之前在说什么 失眠 |
[12:43] | My point is, | 我的意思是 |
[12:44] | we’re all Americans in this room, and we all love this country. | 在座各位都是美国人 我们都爱这个国家 |
[12:48] | and I’d like to thank the president | 我想感谢总统 |
[12:49] | for the opportunity to discuss this very important topic, | 给我机会讨论这一非常重要的话题 |
[12:53] | and apologize for, uh, being on such a tight schedule. | 我很抱歉 我的时间太紧张 |
[12:57] | Well, we are enormously grateful | 我们非常感谢 |
[12:59] | that the governor took the time to come and join us today. | 今天州长能抽出时间赶来参加 |
[13:02] | I’m just trying to understand. | 我只是想弄明白 |
[13:05] | Claire, if I said anything to offend you, | 克莱尔 如果我的话冒犯到了你 |
[13:08] | it was entirely… | 那完全是 |
[13:09] | I mean, you know me. No filter. | 你懂我的 我说话不动脑子 |
[13:12] | And that’s what worries me. | 那就是让我担心的事 |
[13:14] | I’m just operating on instinct, Ken. | 我只是凭直觉行事 肯 |
[13:17] | Did you come down here with an agenda? | 你来这儿是有什么目的吗 |
[13:20] | No. I mean… | 没有 我… |
[13:22] | I have been trying to reach Frank, but today was just… | 我一直想找弗兰克 但今天只是… |
[13:25] | I saw that you were appearing at an event | 我看到你要出席一场活动 |
[13:27] | and I showed up to say hi. | 就来打个招呼 |
[13:29] | I… I really do work around here, | 我真的在这附近工作 |
[13:31] | on a street called “Wall”, you know? | 在一条叫”华尔”的街上 知道吗 |
[13:33] | But then you made reference | 但你提到了 |
[13:35] | to something about two very close friends | 两个非常亲密的朋友的事 |
[13:36] | that’s nobody’s business, including yours. | 这不关任何人的事 包括你 |
[13:40] | And you even said so yourself, | 你自己也这么说 |
[13:42] | Ken, that you have an awfully big mouth. | 肯 你是个大嘴巴 |
[13:45] | I… | 我 |
[13:47] | I lost a dear friend. | 我失去了一位好友 |
[13:49] | I loved Tim. Everybody did. | 我爱蒂姆 大家都爱他 |
[13:52] | And you implied Francis especially. | 你还特别暗指了弗兰西斯 |
[13:55] | Well, yeah. I mean… That was a whole other thing. | 是的 我是说 那完全是另一回事 |
[13:58] | In what way? | 怎么是另一回事 |
[14:01] | In… What do you want me to say? | 就是…你想让我说什么 |
[14:04] | I’m sure I don’t know anything you don’t. | 我相信我知道的并不比你多 |
[14:09] | I’m just very interested in your perspective. | 我只是很想知道你是怎么想的 |
[14:12] | Frank worshipped Tim, would have done anything for him. | 弗兰克很敬重蒂姆 他愿为他做任何事 |
[14:18] | I don’t know. | 我说不好 |
[14:19] | If the world were a different place back then… who knows? | 如果当时的世道是另一番样子 谁知道呢 |
[14:27] | That was a long time ago. And then he met you. | 那是很久之前的事了 后来他遇见了你 |
[14:32] | And lucky him. | 他真有福气 |
[14:34] | Look, in terms of my firm and… | 瞧 要说我的公司 |
[14:37] | and trying to get the president’s ear… | 和我联系总统那么费劲… |
[14:39] | I mean, yeah, it’s a little embarrassing | 这的确有点尴尬 |
[14:41] | that my friend of 30-whatever years | 跟我有30多年交情的老朋友 |
[14:44] | didn’t have time to pick up the phone. | 没有时间接我的电话 |
[14:49] | He should have called you back. | 他应该回你电话的 |
[14:52] | Francis and Tim were very good friends. | 弗兰西斯和蒂姆是非常要好的朋友 |
[14:57] | But, you know, Ken, the older I get, | 但是 肯 随着年龄的增长 |
[14:59] | I learn that assumptions are dangerous. | 我发现妄下判断是很危险的 |
[15:05] | Sure. Okay. | 是啊 好吧 |
[15:09] | It was great to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[15:37] | So where is she? | 她在哪 |
[15:39] | Change of plans. She needed to stay in New York. | 计划有变 她需要留在纽约 |
[15:43] | She asked me to put something together for this. | 她要我为这次会议做了准备的 |
[15:45] | Yeah? Well, something came up. | 是吗 临时有事 |
[15:47] | The vice president will be filling in for her. | 副总统会替她出席 |
[15:53] | Oh, my… | 我的天… |
[15:55] | Hey, man. | 你好啊 |
[15:57] | Uh, we played in a terrible band together back in the day. | 我们以前组过一个很糟糕的乐队 |
[16:01] | Before adulthood and alimony came crashing down. | 我们那时还年少 不需要付赡养费 |
[16:06] | Two exes? | 两个前妻吗 |
[16:10] | So, uh, where’s the First Lady? | 第一夫人在哪 |
[16:13] | Something came up. | 临时有事 |
[16:16] | I’d love to ask you a few questions about working on the campaign. | 我想问你几个关于为竞选工作的问题 |
[16:19] | I’m just a speechwriter. | 我只是个讲稿撰写人 |
[16:21] | Exactly. How the hell did that happen? | 是啊 你怎么得到这份工作的 |
[16:23] | Welcome to the Council on Foreign Relations | 欢迎来到对外关系委员会 |
[16:25] | and this special event on Crossing Borders: The Way Forward. | 此次特别活动 跨越国境:前进的道路 |
[16:32] | I smell a swing state party. | 这好像是个摇摆州派对 |
[16:36] | Tone, Rick. | 注意语气 瑞克 |
[16:37] | You didn’t have to round up dozens of governors | 你不必大费周章召集数十位州长 |
[16:39] | just to talk to the five of us. | 只为跟我们五个谈话 |
[16:41] | You’re here because there have been concerning threats | 你们来这里是因为我们在担心 |
[16:44] | in exurban counties in each of your states. | 你们各州的远郊郡存在威胁 |
[16:46] | Could you be more specific? | 你能再说具体一点吗 |
[16:48] | We’re keeping an eye on Hunterdon, Elko, Jefferson counties. | 我们在关注亨特顿 埃尔科 杰弗逊郡 |
[16:51] | Also Chester and McHenry. | 还有切斯特和麦克亨利 |
[16:54] | Which is why it’s crucial | 所以在大选来临前 |
[16:55] | that we work with your states’ administrations | 我们必须要与你们各州的 |
[16:57] | leading up to the election. | 州政府合作 |
[16:59] | Every one of those precincts | 这些选区 |
[17:00] | is a typically Republican stronghold. | 都是典型的共和党票仓 |
[17:03] | This isn’t about party affiliation. | 这和党派关系无关 |
[17:05] | As the president said, this is about security. | 如总统所说 这事关国家安全 |
[17:10] | Now, we believe this course of action, | 我们相信这些举措 |
[17:12] | the voting centers with the added law enforcement, | 对投票站增加警力 |
[17:15] | will give us everything that we need | 能充分保证 |
[17:17] | to protect the integrity of the ballot box. | 选举的安全性 |
[17:18] | Okay, but speaking for | 好吧 但我代表 |
[17:19] | Governor Olmstead and maybe all of our bosses, | 奥姆斯泰德州长 也许还有所有我们的上司 |
[17:22] | how can we be sure that these measures | 想问问 我们怎么知道这些措施 |
[17:23] | won’t discourage everyone from getting to the polls? | 不会让选民不敢去投票 |
[17:25] | – I.E., Democrats. – It’s a chance we have to take. | -比如 民主党人 -我们必须冒这个险 |
[17:29] | But we don’t believe it’ll play out that way. | 但我们认为不会出现这样的结果 |
[17:31] | We’re in an extremely close race in Ohio. | 我们俄亥俄州的选票非常接近 |
[17:33] | Preventing further acts of terrorism | 重要的是预防可能的 |
[17:35] | is just about all that matters, Tanya. | 恐怖袭击 塔妮娅 |
[17:37] | Now, I do realize with these heightened threats | 我非常清楚 威胁的增加 |
[17:41] | comes an additional strain on the governors of your states. | 给了你们的州长额外的压力 |
[17:44] | So… | 所以… |
[17:47] | I say to each and every one of you… | 我要对你们所有人说… |
[17:50] | tell me how we can help. | 告诉我们该如何帮助你们 |
[17:52] | Putting aside the very real moral questions, | 抛开确实存在的道德问题不谈 |
[17:55] | how is shutting down the borders even feasible? | 封锁边境怎么能可行 |
[18:00] | I know this policy is going to hurt some people, | 我知道这项政策会损害部分人的利益 |
[18:05] | but let me explain why it’s necessary. | 但容我解释一下为什么必须这样做 |
[18:12] | And the vice president should feel free to jump in. | 副总统随时可以补充 |
[18:18] | But is it fun? | 好玩吗 |
[18:19] | Putting words in the Underwoods’ mouths? | 为安德伍德找话说 |
[18:22] | That’s not what I do. | 我的工作不是这样的 |
[18:24] | It’s more like the opposite. | 恰好相反 |
[18:28] | I just try and articulate… | 我只是尽量表达出… |
[18:30] | what’s on their minds and in their hearts. | 他们的想法和心声 |
[18:33] | That’s how you see your job? | 你是这么看待你的工作的 |
[18:36] | Basically, my job is to remain invisible. | 基本上 我的工作就是当个隐形人 |
[18:41] | Were you with them that night? | 那晚上你和他们在一起吗 |
[18:42] | The night Jim Miller was killed? | 吉姆·米勒被杀的那晚 |
[18:46] | I’m not gonna answer that. | 这我不能回答 |
[18:48] | I’ll take that as a “yes.” | 那就当作默认 |
[18:50] | Don’t. | 别这样 |
[18:52] | I’m just trying to understand what you do. | 我只是想了解你的工作 |
[18:53] | Then you’re missing the point. | 那你就弄错重点了 |
[18:55] | I’m not the story, Steve. I’m just not. | 我不是主角 史蒂夫 我不是 |
[19:03] | You make yourself sound replaceable. | 你把自己说得可有可无 |
[19:10] | I am. | 事实如此 |
[19:11] | – I serve at the pleasure of the president. – And the First Lady? | -我为总统效劳 -还有第一夫人 |
[19:15] | The Democratic vice presidential candidate… | 民主党副总统候选人 |
[19:18] | Yeah. Her, too. | 没错 还有她 |
[19:20] | But you write speeches for both of them? | 但你为他们俩撰写讲稿 |
[19:23] | Most often for Mrs. Underwood. | 更多是为安德伍德夫人写 |
[19:26] | Articulating what’s on her mind and in her heart? | 将她的想法和心声表达出来 |
[19:32] | I’m just a mouthpiece. | 我只是个传声筒 |
[19:35] | Has she put you in charge of any other parts? | 她有交给你其他”任务”吗 |
[19:42] | You’re still an asshole, man. | 你还是那么混账 |
[19:46] | Good luck with the alimony. | 祝你赡养费的事好运 |
[20:02] | – That was rough. – It went fine. | -真够呛 -还算顺利吧 |
[20:04] | It’s not sustainable. | 这维系不下去的 |
[20:07] | I mean, what do you think? | 你的看法是什么 |
[20:10] | – About what? – About the president’s rush to war. | -什么的看法 -总统急于宣战之举 |
[20:14] | At least half the Beltway seems to think it’s outrageous. | 华府至少有一半人都认为这太过分了 |
[20:17] | It is outrageous. | 是很过分 |
[20:20] | We could resign our posts, you know, in protest. | 我们可以辞职以表示抗议 |
[20:25] | I bet we can convince others of the cabinet to do the same thing. | 我相信我们能说服其他内阁成员一起辞职 |
[20:28] | Outrageous by design, I was going to say. | 我是想说 目的就是要过分 |
[20:30] | It’s smart, what the president’s doing. | 总统的做法很聪明 |
[20:33] | – It’s serving him in the polls. – Donald. | -为他的民调加了分 -唐纳德 |
[20:37] | Let’s… take a step back for a moment. | 我们先…退几步说话 |
[20:41] | I underestimated you. I did. | 我低估了你 真的 |
[20:44] | When you were acting president, my faith was less than full. | 你当代总统时 我对你信心不足 |
[20:47] | But now, I understand the terrible box you were in, the forces– | 但现在我能理解你当时的困境和压力… |
[20:51] | Cathy, I’m gonna… I’m gonna stop you. | 凯茜 我得…打断你 |
[20:53] | I honestly don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我真的不知道你在说些什么 |
[20:56] | Are you telling me your plan | 你是说你的计划是要 |
[20:58] | is just to phone it in until January 20th? | 装作若无其事直到1月20日总统就职吗 |
[21:03] | Come on, Donald. What’s happened to you? | 唐纳德 你是怎么回事 |
[21:09] | Back in the day, | 想当初 |
[21:09] | you and Marjorie were at | 你和玛乔莉总是站在 |
[21:10] | the forefront of every progressive cause, | 所有进步革新的最前线 |
[21:13] | literally fighting the good fight. | 真正地为善而战 |
[21:14] | These people… | 这些人 |
[21:18] | Can we really let them do this? | 我们真要让他们这么做吗 |
[21:20] | You wanna walk down memory lane, Cathy? Okay. | 你想缅怀往事 凯茜 好吧 |
[21:24] | Remember the convention? Remember the Politico article? | 记得党代会吗 记得政治新闻网那篇文章吗 |
[21:27] | I offered you an out. | 我给了你一条退路 |
[21:29] | You should’ve taken that opportunity to resign, then and there. | 你当时就该把握机会下台 |
[21:33] | – Circumstances were nothing like this. – Sure they were. | -当时的情况和现在不同 -没两样 |
[21:37] | You just didn’t want to see it. | 你当时只是不愿认清事实 |
[21:39] | And, just so you know, | 再告诉你一件事 |
[21:41] | right before her mind was truly gone, Marjorie called it. | 在她完全失智前 玛乔莉就说准了 |
[21:44] | She saw the unholy alliance you were making with Frank Underwood. | 她看出了你和弗兰克·安德伍德的私下结盟 |
[21:48] | She called it. | 她早就说准了 |
[22:06] | So this meeting between our bosses today… | 今天我们俩上司的会面… |
[22:10] | The president is looking forward to | 总统期待 |
[22:11] | a productive discussion with Governor Matthews. | 与马修斯州长展开有成效的会谈 |
[22:13] | There’s no one else here. Can we cut the crap? | 这里只有我们俩 咱就别说废话了 |
[22:15] | You want us to engage in voter suppression. | 你要我们刻意压制投票 |
[22:26] | It’s not a phrase I’d ever use. | 我不会用那样的字眼 |
[22:28] | Fine. Call it “motor depression” for all I care. | 随便你 那就称之为”降低动力”吧 |
[22:30] | We get it. White people are the problem. | 我们懂的 白人是问题所在 |
[22:32] | Republicans. Understood. | 是共和党人 我懂 |
[22:34] | But my boss doesn’t happen to be up for reelection. | 但我的上司并不参加再选 |
[22:39] | I’m listening. | 我洗耳恭听 |
[22:41] | I have two words for you. “Slag heap.” | 我就说三个字 “熔渣堆” |
[22:44] | Matthews wants the EPA to name a slag heap | 马修斯希望环保署把费城郊区 |
[22:46] | on the outskirts of Philadelphia as a Superfund site. | 一座熔渣堆列为特别清污地点 |
[22:49] | I seriously doubt that can happen before the election. | 我高度怀疑这在大选前能实现 |
[22:51] | I think you should battle your doubts, Doug. | 你该克服自我怀疑 道格 |
[22:53] | The governor is willing to let the past stay in the past. | 州长愿意让过去成为往事 |
[22:56] | But unless the Underwood administration | 但除非安德伍德政府 |
[22:58] | is bearing top-tier gifts, | 备好了上等大礼 |
[22:59] | you’ve got a lot of fucking nerve | 你敢让前副总统帮忙 |
[23:00] | asking for favors from the former VP. | 胆子还真是够大 |
[23:03] | On the other hand, if you make things right, | 但话说回来 如果你能把事情处理好 |
[23:06] | Matthews will do his part. | 马修斯会做好他该做的 |
[23:09] | Don’t you always feel sorry for the horse? | 你应该一向很同情那匹马吧 |
[23:48] | Who’s in the conference room? | 会议室里是谁 |
[23:50] | – You mean the lady brigade? – What? | -你是说娘子军吗 -什么 |
[23:53] | That’s what they call the NSA forensic auditors. | 就是国安局的法庭审计员 |
[23:58] | Yeah, I… I didn’t know they were scheduled for today. | 我不知道她们今天要来 |
[24:01] | That’s their routine. They just show up. | 她们总这样 就这么突然出现 |
[24:03] | Welcome to the NSA. | 国安局就这样 |
[24:11] | Hey, boss. | 哥们 |
[24:28] | \h艾·麦卡伦 急事 需要和他谈谈 | |
[24:34] | May I, Mr. President? | 我可以吃吗 总统先生 |
[24:35] | Well, that’s what they’re there for. | 放着就是让人吃的 |
[24:37] | I won’t take up much of your time. | 我不会占用你太多时间 |
[24:39] | I know you have a busy afternoon. | 我知道你下午很忙 |
[24:41] | – Well, I’ve got a little time. – I’m curious. | -我还是有点时间的 -我很好奇 |
[24:45] | Why do you think the committee decided to call you first? | 为什么委员会先给你打电话 |
[24:50] | Because I asked them to. | 因为是我要求的 |
[24:53] | Well, this emergency | 突然要参加 |
[24:55] | governors’ conference of yours came up and, uh… | 你召开的紧急州长会议 所以… |
[24:58] | I’m sure you recall, I don’t much like DC, | 你肯定记得 我不怎么喜欢特区 |
[25:00] | so I figured why not make it one-stop shopping? | 所以我想着何不就一次都搞定呢 |
[25:04] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[25:05] | But, of course, we both know that executive privilege | 不过我们都知道 行使总统特权 |
[25:09] | could’ve negated your having to appear at one of those shops. | 就可以替你省一桩事的 |
[25:16] | Jim? | 吉姆 |
[25:18] | I’m going to help you with your slag heap. | 我会帮你解决熔渣堆的事 |
[25:20] | I hope that means that I can count on you. | 希望这样一来我能指望上你 |
[25:24] | Of course that’s what it means. | 当然了 |
[25:26] | We’re members of a tiny brotherhood, you and I, of ex-VPs. | 我们是一个小型兄弟会的 都是前副总统 |
[25:32] | When, and if, Garrett Walker appears before this committee, | 如果加勒特·沃克去委员会作证 |
[25:35] | do you think he’ll… | 你觉得他会… |
[25:38] | – betray the party? – You mean you? | -背叛党派吗 -你是说背叛你吗 |
[25:43] | Well, that would be the same thing. | 两者是一回事 |
[25:45] | Now, I don’t know what really happened | 我不知道你接替了我副总统的职位 |
[25:49] | on your journey to replace me as vice president | 随后又接替了加勒特总统的职位过程中 |
[25:52] | and then Garrett as president. | 究竟发生了什么 |
[25:54] | I only know what my gut tells me. | 我只知道自己的直觉 |
[25:57] | But I’m willing to say fuck my gut. | 但我愿意无视我的直觉 |
[26:07] | Bottom line is | 总而言之 |
[26:08] | I can help you with this committee or I can hurt you. | 我能帮你搞定委员会 也能伤害你 |
[26:12] | Now, I can say that I know nothing… | 我可以说我一无所知 |
[26:18] | and that what I saw in Garrett Walker was a troubled man. | 我认为加勒特·沃克是个有困扰的人 |
[26:21] | And I can leave it at that. | 我可以只说这些 |
[26:29] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[26:32] | Oh, I can’t tell you what to do, Jim. | 我不能告诉你该怎么做 吉姆 |
[26:36] | But I can say, as one ex-VP to another, | 但我可以说 我们副总统不说两家话 |
[26:40] | that this cleanup in Pennsylvania | 宾夕法尼亚州的清污工作 |
[26:42] | is gonna be worth about $300 million and 10,000 jobs. | 价值三亿美元和一万个工作岗位 |
[26:46] | And that’s not bad for an afternoon’s work. | 一下午的辛劳能赚来这个不错了 |
[26:53] | I like the new rug. | 我喜欢这条新地毯 |
[26:54] | Oh, thank you. I didn’t have much to do with it. | 谢谢 其实都不是我弄的 |
[26:56] | It was really Claire’s design. | 是克莱尔布置的 |
[26:58] | Good to see you, Mr. President. | 很高兴见到你 总统先生 |
[27:00] | You, too. | 我也是 |
[27:10] | Governor Scanlon. | 斯坎伦州长 |
[27:12] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[27:15] | You’ve been on my mind. | 我一直挂记你 |
[27:18] | I wanna talk to your boss about the Declaration of War Committee. | 我想跟你上司谈谈宣战委员会的事 |
[27:23] | So… | 如果 |
[27:24] | if you’re hoping to intimidate him because of the back taxes, | 你是想拿欠缴税款的事来要挟他 |
[27:27] | you can save your breath. | 就别白费口舌了 |
[27:29] | His closet is back to being clean. | 事情都已经解决干净了 |
[27:34] | What about yours? | 那你的事呢 |
[27:43] | – You’re a pig. – Hey, I didn’t watch it. | -你就是个畜生 -我可没看 |
[27:46] | I’m just the messenger. | 我只是传话的 |
[27:48] | – Be mad at the dude who posted it. – I am. | -尽管去生发帖人的气吧 -生着呢 |
[27:52] | There are ways to get rid of it. | 有很多办法能解决这个 |
[27:54] | It’s a goodwill gift. To let you know I’m serious. | 这是份善意的礼物 让你知道我是认真的 |
[27:59] | Look, I’m guessing, sooner or later, I get called. | 我猜 早晚我会被传召 |
[28:03] | And if that happens, I could plead the Fifth. | 如果真这样 我可以援引第五修正案的权利 |
[28:08] | I could press-secretary them all day long. | 我也可以跟他们打一天太极 |
[28:11] | But I’d like to have another option on the table. | 但我希望还有别的选择 |
[28:14] | Yeah, I can’t be a public witness myself… | 我自己不能做公开证人 |
[28:18] | but if you offer me anonymity and immunity… | 但你要是能给我提供匿名权和豁免权… |
[28:22] | I can testify privately. | 我可以私下作证 |
[28:24] | Tell the committee where the bodies are buried, so to speak. | 告诉委员会”尸体”埋在哪了 |
[28:28] | But, just to be clear, you’re telling me | 我确认一下 你是说 |
[28:30] | you have evidence the president engaged in criminal activity? | 你有证据证明总统参与了犯罪活动 |
[28:33] | Not evidence regarding the president, no. | 不是涉及总统的证据 不 |
[28:36] | I have a lot of information about his chief of staff. | 我有很多关于他的幕僚长的料 |
[28:40] | Doug Stamper. | 道格·斯坦普 |
[28:43] | Talk to your boss. Let me know. | 跟你老板谈谈 告诉我结果 |
[28:52] | Uh, Bridget, total non sequitur… | 布莉姬特 说句题外话 |
[28:54] | You have a very elegant neck. | 你的脖子真美 |
[29:25] | Mr. Grayson? | 格雷森先生吗 |
[29:28] | Sean Jeffries. I’m with the Herald. | 我叫肖恩·杰弗瑞斯 《先驱报》的 |
[29:30] | Sorry, I don’t have a free hand. | 抱歉 没办法跟你握手 |
[29:33] | How long have you been with the paper? | 你在报社待多久了 |
[29:35] | Thirteen months. Style section. | 13个月 时尚专栏的 |
[29:37] | Oh, that would explain why I don’t know you. | 难怪我不认识你 |
[29:41] | Man’s tie is a window into his soul. | 男人的领带是心灵的窗户 |
[29:43] | We just ran a piece on it. | 我们刚发了一篇相关文章 |
[29:45] | Oh, yeah? So, uh, what does my tie say about me? | 是吗 那从我的领带能怎么解读我 |
[29:49] | It says you’re a dedicated civil servant | 你是个呕心沥血的公仆 |
[29:50] | with the bank account to prove it. | 有银行账户可以证明 |
[29:53] | Anyway, recognized you, just wanted to say hi. | 总之 正好认出你了 顺便打个招呼 |
[29:55] | I mean, unless we can buy you a drink. | 当然 除非还能请你喝一杯 |
[29:57] | You know, uh, Cam Lawder? | 你认识卡姆·劳德吗 |
[29:59] | Lobbyist for Mercedes-Benz? | 梅赛德斯奔驰的说客 |
[30:00] | Next to him is, uh, Kim Feldshuk, works at the DOD. | 他旁边是金·菲尔舒克 国防部的 |
[30:03] | And that’s Randy Beauford. | 那个是兰迪·博福德 |
[30:06] | Personal trainer for fat Washington fucks. | 华盛顿死胖子们的私人教练 |
[30:09] | We’re going old school this afternoon. | 今天下午我们走复古风 |
[30:11] | Come on, join us for a quick one. | 来吧 跟我们一起喝一杯 |
[30:19] | 托马斯·耶茨 安德伍德夫妇的”传声筒” | |
[30:21] | “Mouthpiece”? | “传声筒” |
[30:22] | I don’t know why he was talking to the press in the first place. | 我都不知道他干吗要接受采访 |
[30:24] | An unfortunate choice of com.funword.word for Tom, no doubt. | 毫无疑问 汤姆选这么个词真是不慎 |
[30:27] | But still, it’ll play itself out. | 不过 热度会很快过去的 |
[30:29] | But what I want to know is, what do you see? | 但我想知道的是 你看出了什么 |
[30:33] | Why don’t you like Yates? | 你为什么不喜欢耶茨 |
[30:35] | Uh, Tom is an important part of the team. | 汤姆是团队里很重要的一部分 |
[30:36] | His speeches have been– | 他的演讲一直 |
[30:37] | Oh, look. He has more responsibilities than that. | 听着 他的责任远不止如此 |
[30:39] | You know it. So that bothers you. | 你知道的 所以你不高兴 |
[30:43] | I… just wouldn’t want | 我只是不希望 |
[30:45] | anyone to infer a personal investment on his part | 有任何人进行对竞选无用的 |
[30:48] | that isn’t useful to the campaign. | 个人投资 |
[30:52] | I suppose all I’m saying is that | 我只是想表达 |
[30:54] | I won’t let anything happen | 我不会让第一夫人 |
[30:55] | to the First Lady or you, Mr. President. | 或总统先生您出任何事 |
[30:57] | I appreciate that, LeAnn. | 我很感激 莉安 |
[31:01] | We are fucked, Mr. President. Pardon my French. | 我们完了 总统先生 原谅我爆粗口 |
[31:03] | I don’t care about your French. Why am I even talking to you? | 我不关心你的粗口 你到底来干什么 |
[31:06] | Well, the NSA has sent in auditors. | 国安局派了审计员来 |
[31:08] | If I don’t erase my files, cover my tracks– | 要是我不抹去我的档案 掩盖我的行踪 |
[31:10] | We’re a week away from the election, Mr. Macallan. | 我们离选举只有一周了 麦卡伦先生 |
[31:12] | – Cover your tracks. – Okay. In which case, | -掩盖好你的行踪 -好 这样的话 |
[31:13] | I need to let hackers temporarily | 我得让黑客们暂时 |
[31:16] | invade a Capital East Telecom switching center. | 侵入东首都电信的一处转接中心 |
[31:19] | Meaning what? | 什么意思 |
[31:21] | Well, the center covers most of the US government cyber traffic. | 中心承担了大部分美国政府的网络流量 |
[31:24] | But if I’m in and out in 20 minutes, | 但我如果登入 并在20分钟内登出 |
[31:26] | I think the damage will look mischief-level. | 我想损害看上去也就是恶作剧级别的 |
[31:29] | Messed-up connections, that sort of thing. | 连接故障之类的 |
[31:32] | – What if it takes you longer? – Uh, it won’t, | -要是20分钟没出来呢 -不会的 |
[31:34] | because another ten, 20 minutes and… | 因为再有十几二十分钟… |
[31:37] | Do it. | 做吧 |
[31:39] | All right. Well, I’ll start it at 4:00 p.m. | 好 我会在下午四点开始 |
[31:42] | Uh, as soon as I’m done, | 我一弄完 |
[31:43] | I’ll anonymously send out a fix to the problem. | 就匿名发送一份修复代码 |
[31:46] | – No. – Sir? | -不 -先生 |
[31:48] | LeAnn will contact you about when to send out the fix. | 莉安会通知你什么时候发送修复 |
[31:50] | – You’ll wait for her. – Okay, but just to be– | -你要等她的消息 -好 不过以防… |
[31:52] | She’ll let you know. | 她会通知你的 |
[32:02] | I just saw the Haines article. | 我刚看了那篇海恩斯的文章 |
[32:04] | I have no idea what Tom was thinking. | 我完全不知道汤姆怎么想的 |
[32:07] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[32:10] | It was sloppy. | 太大意了 |
[32:11] | Agreed. I’ll talk to him. | 是啊 我会跟他谈的 |
[32:17] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[32:20] | How was New York? | 纽约怎么样 |
[32:24] | My events went well. | 我的活动进展顺利 |
[32:29] | And? What aren’t you telling me? | 然后呢 你有什么没告诉我的 |
[32:35] | I bumped into Ken Caswell. | 我遇见肯·卡斯维尔了 |
[32:37] | – Does he know any more? – No, um… | -他还知道什么情况吗 -不 |
[32:41] | – Why didn’t you call him back? – What? | -你为什么没回他电话 -什么 |
[32:44] | His Treasury business. The oversight legislation. | 他财政部的事 监督立法 |
[32:46] | I understand you don’t care about it. Fine. | 我明白你不在乎这个 无所谓 |
[32:49] | But you can’t ignore loose ends like that. You owed him your ear. | 但你不能无视遗患 你应该听他说说 |
[32:54] | Well, I didn’t realize it was gonna become so personal. | 我没想到这事会那么伤感情 |
[32:57] | I am the President of the United States, | 我可是美国总统 |
[32:58] | for Christ’s sake. I’m a bit busy. | 拜托 我有点忙啊 |
[33:00] | The past doesn’t disappear on command, Francis. | 过往不是你一声令下就能消失 弗兰西斯 |
[33:03] | Not even for presidents. | 哪怕是总统都不行 |
[33:06] | What did he say to you? | 他对你说什么了 |
[33:09] | Ken’s got a big mouth. | 肯有张大嘴巴 |
[33:21] | I’m sorry about Tim. I’m sorry he’s gone. | 蒂姆的事我很遗憾 我很抱歉他不在了 |
[33:26] | I know how you felt about him. | 我知道你对他的感情 |
[33:29] | Or, I can imagine. | 或者我能想象 |
[33:32] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[33:34] | You know you’re the only person I’ve ever truly loved. | 你知道我这辈子只真正爱过你一个人 |
[33:38] | You know that, right? | 你知道的吧 |
[33:52] | And listen. | 你听好 |
[33:55] | Something else is about to happen. | 有别的事就要发生了 |
[34:04] | \h艾·麦卡伦 我在这里给你留了礼物 20分钟有效 万圣节快乐 | |
[34:45] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[34:47] | Reception is sketchy. Good trip? | 信号不太好 还顺利吗 |
[34:51] | I just came back to get changed. I need to get back to Francis. | 我只是回来换衣服 马上就得回去找弗兰西斯 |
[34:57] | You mad at me? | 你生我气了吗 |
[35:00] | You shouldn’t have said that. | 你不应该那么说 |
[35:04] | I know. I know we need to be careful. | 我知道 我知道我们需要小心 |
[35:10] | Careful is far too small a com.funword.word for what we need to be. | 我们可远远不止要小心 |
[35:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:19] | But don’t you get tired of | 但是你就不累吗 |
[35:20] | being far bigger than careful all the time? | 整天不止要小心 |
[35:26] | – I don’t know what’s going on. – Me neither. | -我不知道是怎么回事 -我也不知道 |
[35:28] | Seems to be some kind of network disturbance. | 看来是网络信号有干扰 |
[35:30] | I lost connection on my server. | 我连不上服务器了 |
[35:59] | You know what I’m tired of? This role. First Lady. | 你知道我烦什么吗 第一夫人这个角色 |
[36:04] | ‘Cause it’s never felt right. | 因为感觉一直不对劲 |
[36:06] | It’s only eight more days to the vice presidency. | 再过八天 我就是副总统了 |
[36:10] | – What’s my role? – What? | -那我的角色是什么 -什么 |
[36:14] | What am I to you, anyway? Or you, to me? | 话说我到底是你什么人 或者你是我什么人 |
[36:19] | I mean, are you my girlfriend? | 你是我女朋友吗 |
[36:22] | And when you win… | 等你当选了 |
[36:24] | does that make me, like, First Boyfriend? | 那我是不是就成了 第一男友什么的 |
[36:29] | First Concubine? | 第一男宠 |
[36:35] | About that article… I’m sorry. | 那篇文章的事 我很抱歉 |
[36:39] | I hate apologies. | 我讨厌道歉 |
[36:46] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[36:56] | I looked over at you. I watched you watching. | 我当时看你了 看你目睹那一幕 |
[37:02] | – When? – Did it even affect you? | -什么时候 -对你有任何影响吗 |
[37:06] | The beheading? | 斩首的画面 |
[37:08] | Why would you ask that? | 问这个干什么 |
[37:10] | I had no sense of what you were thinking. | 我根本不知道你在想什么 |
[37:13] | None. | 完全不知道 |
[37:15] | Of what I was thinking? I wasn’t thinking. | 我在想什么 我什么都没想 |
[37:17] | I was thinking, “Don’t think.” | 我在想 “什么都别想” |
[37:24] | And I’ll tell you something else. | 我再跟你说个别的事 |
[37:26] | I never said I like being careful. | 我可没说过我喜欢整天小心 |
[37:32] | – God damn it. – What’s wrong? | -可恶 -怎么了 |
[37:35] | The GPS thinks we’re back at the White House. | 卫星定位显示我们还在白宫呢 |
[37:37] | Did you reach the campaign office? | 你联系上竞选办公室了吗 |
[37:39] | Trying. I can’t get a signal. | 正在打 总是没信号 |
[37:41] | Oh, wait. Here we go. | 等等 来信号了 |
[37:45] | I can’t miss this flight. | 这班飞机我绝不能错过 |
[37:46] | – It’s ringing. – Good. | -正在接通 -太好了 |
[37:50] | – How long do you think? – Now it stopped. | -你看还需要多久 -又断了 |
[37:52] | There’s a pile-up on the highway. I’m doing the best I can. | 高速上堵车了 我在尽力了 |
[38:00] | Hello? | 喂 |
[38:03] | Hello! | 喂 |
[38:06] | Tanya, let me try your phone. | 塔妮娅 我拿你的手机试试 |
[38:07] | I’m having the same issues. | 我的手机也一样 |
[38:08] | Can you get through to the office? | 你能联系上办公室吗 |
[38:09] | No, Governor, I can’t. | 不行 州长 打不通 |
[38:12] | Garrett is a good man. | 加勒特是个好人 |
[38:14] | – A trustworthy man? – Absolutely, Mr. Romero. | -他可靠吗 -当然了 罗梅洛先生 |
[38:17] | And is he the kind of man | 他是那种 |
[38:18] | who would knowingly participate in campaign finance fraud? | 会蓄意参与竞选资金欺诈的人吗 |
[38:21] | I wouldn’t say that, exactly. No. | 我不这么认为 不会 |
[38:24] | How well do you know President Underwood, sir? | 你和安德伍德总统熟悉吗 先生 |
[38:26] | I’ve known the president four years. | 我认识总统4年了 |
[38:28] | Isn’t it a fact that it was Francis Underwood | 是弗兰西斯·安德伍德 |
[38:30] | and not President Walker who first suggested you should resign? | 而不是沃克总统最先建议你辞职的吧 |
[38:38] | To the best of my recollection, no. | 据我回忆 不是的 |
[38:41] | And isn’t it true that the source of campaign funds you received | 而且你身为总统竞选搭档收到的竞选经费 |
[38:43] | as the president’s running mate was connected to | 追根溯源 和一起从密苏里 |
[38:45] | a pay-for-play scheme that reached all the way from Missouri to China? | 波及到中国的贿赂案件有联系吧 |
[38:50] | To the best of my knowledge, no. | 据我所知 不是的 |
[38:52] | Did you receive any campaign donations | 你们没通过雷蒙德·塔斯克的公司 |
[38:53] | through Raymond Tusk’s firm, Clayton West? | 克雷顿-维斯特收到任何竞选捐助吗 |
[38:57] | Not to the best of my recollection. | 据我回忆 没有 |
[38:59] | Do you think your recollection | 你的回忆和了解 |
[39:00] | or knowledge will improve as the day goes on? | 会随着时间推移而变化吗 |
[39:02] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[39:11] | 琥珀警报 僵尸出动了 去墓地看看 | |
[39:15] | Beth. | 贝丝 |
[39:17] | I want you to promise me that you’ll call me | 你要向我保证 无论有什么需要 |
[39:19] | anytime you need anything. | 都会打给我 |
[39:23] | You were the love of Tim’s life, you know that. | 你是蒂姆的一生挚爱 |
[39:29] | Well, I should probably… | 我还是… |
[39:33] | Yes. You, too. | 对 你也是 |
[39:36] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[39:41] | Thank you, Felix. | 谢谢你 菲利克斯 |
[39:42] | Uh, would you like me to prepare it for you, sir? | 需要我帮你点起来吗 总统先生 |
[39:44] | No, I’ll be fine. Thank you. | 不用了 谢谢你 |
[40:08] | The first question to ask yourself… “Is the damper open?” | 首先要问的问题是 进气口打开了吗 |
[40:13] | Never allow yourself to be overcome with smoke. | 一定不要让自己被烟雾包围 |
[40:16] | Conflagration relies on airflow. That’s what the grate is for. | 火势要起来 必须要通气 所以火炉才有格栅 |
[40:20] | Now, I like a one-inch base of ash. | 底下的灰一英寸就够了 |
[40:23] | It’s helpful, but of course | 确实有用 但是 |
[40:24] | they clean up around here too soon to do that. | 他们清理得太频繁了 |
[40:27] | Now, as for the architecture of the logs, | 至于怎么摆放木材 |
[40:29] | I prefer the upside-down method. | 我建议倒置摆放 |
[40:31] | Largest logs right along the base. | 大块木材放在底下 |
[40:35] | Then medium-size logs after that. | 上面是中块的 |
[40:42] | Small logs. | 小块的 |
[40:48] | And then finally, kindling… | 最后 是引火木 |
[40:53] | and tinder. | 和火绒 |
[40:54] | Now, of course, back home, dead palmetto fronds are ideal. | 当然 家乡有枯了的棕榈叶 那个最理想 |
[40:58] | But, of course, here in Washington, | 不过在华盛顿 |
[41:00] | we have to use whatever garbage we find lying around. | 手边有什么垃圾都得拿来用 |
[41:02] | 委员会将就安德伍德的 宣战请求举办听证会 | |
[41:04] | But then, if a man cannot use what’s right in… | 但如果利用不好手边… |
[41:14] | God damn it, Tim. | 该死 蒂姆 |
[41:23] | If a man is not smart enough | 如果你不够聪明 |
[41:24] | to be able to use whatever is in front of him | 利用不好手边的资源 |
[41:27] | and still make it work… | 办不成事 |
[41:30] | well, then… | 那就是 |
[41:33] | that’s just a failure of the imagination. | 你自己无能了 |
[41:53] | …right here. And I’m thinking… | …就在这儿 我还想 |
[41:55] | “Wait, do I tell him? Do–“ | “等等 要告诉他吗” |
[41:57] | Uh, I gotta take this. | 我得接 |
[42:01] | Your testimony can’t be private. | 你不能私下作证 |
[42:04] | – I’m sorry to hear that. – Just wanted to let you know. | -真遗憾 -就告诉你一下 |
[42:16] | What’s a “flash blood warning”? | “快闪血警告”是什么 |
[42:18] | It’s coming up on everybody’s phones. | 大家的手机上都有 |
[42:22] | Thanks for the drinks. | 谢谢你们的酒 |
[43:20] | Tom, stop. No. I… I have to get back. | 汤姆 停下 我得回去了 |
[43:23] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[43:27] | No. | 不行 |
[43:28] | Tom! | 汤姆 |
[43:43] | And, finally, you strike your match… | 最后 划一下火柴 |
[43:46] | you ignite your kindling… | 点燃引火木 |
[43:56] | and then you blow. | 然后吹气 |
[44:07] | It’s happening, sir. | 开始了 先生 |
[44:16] | Citizens should be advised, | 请市民们注意 |
[44:17] | a wave of disruptions is currently affecting | 目前华盛顿特区的网络 |
[44:19] | Internet and cellular service in the DC area. | 和手机信号正受到干扰 |
[44:22] | Expect traffic and travel delays | 交通及出行可能受影响 |
[44:24] | as authorities are still trying | 官方仍在努力 |
[44:25] | to determine the scope of the problem. | 确定问题的影响范围 |
[44:28] | – Are we gonna make this flight? – I don’t know. | -能赶上飞机吗 -不知道 |
[44:31] | Unconfirmed reports speculate | 有消息推测 |
[44:32] | the disruptions may be connected to a cyber-attack | 干扰可能是一起网络攻击 |
[44:35] | with possible ties to ICO. | 并与哈里发国有联系 |
[44:36] | – My God. – What? | -天哪 -怎么了 |
[44:39] | Maybe they were right. | 也许他们是对的 |
[44:39] | Maybe we should have said yes to the offer of those troops. | 也许我们该同意警卫队的提议 |
[44:41] | National Guard on patrol | 国民警卫队的巡逻 |
[44:43] | makes us look weak right before an election. Forget it. | 会让我们在选举前显得软弱 不行 |
[44:45] | – But, Governor– – I made my decision, Tanya. | -但州长 -我已经决定了 塔妮娅 |
[45:13] | 艾·麦卡伦 我能发修复方案了吗 | |
[45:22] | 艾·麦卡伦 我能发修复方案了吗 | |
[45:22] | 艾·麦卡伦 我能发修复方案了吗 | |
[45:32] | Not yet. | 还不行 |
[45:40] | They’re patching through the heads of all the carriers, sir. | 各运营商老板正在接入 先生 |
[45:43] | Gentlemen and ladies, can you hear me? | 先生们女士们 能听到吗 |
[45:47] | Yes, Mr. President. | 能 总统先生 |
[45:49] | Good. Then tell me how in God’s name this has happened. | 好 告诉我这究竟是怎么回事 |
[45:52] | Uh, we don’t know yet, sir. We’re still working on the problem. | 还不清楚 先生 我们还在检修故障 |
[45:55] | We’re reaching out to as many people as we– | 我们正在尽可能多地联系… |
[46:00] | Did we just lose them? | 我们掉线了吗 |
[46:02] | Is this a joke? | 开什么玩笑 |
[47:05] | The Ohio governor is calling from a payphone. | 俄亥俄州州长用付费电话打来的 |
[47:14] | This is the president. | 我是总统 |
[47:15] | Mr. President, I’ve changed my mind. | 总统先生 我改主意了 |
[47:17] | If the offer’s still open, | 如果您的提议还有效 |
[47:18] | I’d like to accept additional troops for the state of Ohio. | 我想接受增派警卫队到俄亥俄州来 |
[47:21] | Just say the com.funword.word, Roger. Whatever you need. | 只要你开口 罗杰 都随你 |
[47:28] | My fellow Americans, the facts are these. | 美国同胞们 事情是这样的 |
[47:31] | The greater District of Columbia area and the immediate region beyond | 哥伦比亚特区及周边地区 |
[47:35] | have undergone what we suspect is an ICO-sponsored cyber-attack. | 正在遭受疑似是哈里发国所为的网络攻击 |
[47:38] | The attack was aimed at | 这次攻击针对的是 |
[47:39] | the district’s main telecom switching center. | 特区的主要电信交换中心 |
[47:42] | In addition to intermittent outages, | 目前不仅信号断断续续 |
[47:43] | a considerable amount of havoc has been wreaked. | 还引发了大规模的破坏 |
[47:46] | Traffic lights have been disabled. | 交通信号灯失灵 |
[47:48] | One area train has been derailed. | 一区列车脱轨 |
[47:51] | The system that maintains our sewers has been tampered with. | 下水道维护系统遭到破坏 |
[47:54] | The perpetrators were targeting the government | 罪犯的目标是政府 |
[47:56] | and their ultimate purpose, though foiled, | 虽然他们的最终目的 |
[47:58] | was to disrupt all mid-Atlantic transportation networks. | 是干扰大西洋中部的交通网络 但遭挫败 |
[48:02] | Events like these underscore | 这类事件说明了 |
[48:04] | the urgency of my request to Congress | 通过我向国会提交的宣战请求 |
[48:06] | for a declaration of war. | 是多么紧急 |
[48:08] | Tonight, I can only suspect | 今晚 我想 |
[48:10] | Congress will spend a dark night of the soul, | 国会将会追悔莫及 |
[48:12] | after which they will reconsider their paralysis and choose to act. | 然后他们会反思自己的失职 并采取行动 |
[48:16] | Capital East Telecom has informed me | 东首都电信告诉我 |
[48:18] | that it’s repairing the network as fast as possible, | 他们正在尽快修复网络 |
[48:20] | but that it will take at least a couple more days to be fully restored. | 但需要至少几天时间才能完全恢复 |
[48:24] | It is an unfortunate but undeniable fact | 很遗憾但又不可否认的是 |
[48:27] | that we will continue to experience attacks | 我们会继续遭到攻击 |
[48:28] | until ICO and other terrorist groups like it | 除非哈里发国和类似恐怖组织 |
[48:31] | are eliminated swiftly and completely. | 被快速一举消灭 |
[48:34] | Thank you. May God bless you. | 谢谢 天佑国民 |
[48:37] | And may God bless the United States of America. | 天佑美利坚合众国 |
[48:46] | We off? | 下线了吗 |
[48:56] | – Good evening, Ted. – Hi, Hannah. | -晚上好 泰德 -你好 汉娜 |
[49:00] | I saw your interview. | 我看了你的采访 |
[49:01] | I’d appreciate it | 我希望 |
[49:02] | if you didn’t bring up the details of my combat record. | 你别提起我战斗记录的细节 |
[49:05] | You were a hero that day. You should use it, Will. | 你那天很英勇 你应该利用起来 威尔 |
[49:14] | Governor, aren’t you worried about | 州长 恐怖分子正在袭击 |
[49:15] | bringing your kids out in the middle of a terrorist attack? | 难道你带孩子们出门不会担心吗 |
[49:19] | It’d be scarier to keep the kids at home. | 让孩子在家里更可怕 |
[49:21] | The streets are safe. Life goes on. | 街头很安全 生活得继续 |
[49:27] | You’ve got to be kidding me. | 在开玩笑吧 |
[49:33] | What’s on your mind, Governor? | 你有什么想法 州长 |
[49:40] | What’s on my mind? I mean, you see what’s going on here. | 我有什么想法 你们都看到了 |
[49:43] | This is all him. It’s a man who’s never served. | 都是他干的 一个从没服过役的人 |
[49:47] | Wouldn’t know what a real war was | 哪怕战争咬上他的屁股 |
[49:48] | if it jumped up and bit him in the ass. | 他都认不出来 |
[49:49] | I mean, a declaration of war? | 还要宣战 |
[49:52] | He’s putting American lives in danger. | 他在危及美国人的生命 |
[49:56] | – War is real! – Nightcap? | -战争不是儿戏 -喝一杯吗 |
[49:57] | – You don’t screw around with it. – Why not? | -你不能乱来 -好啊 |
[50:02] | This is what happens. | 乱来就会变成这样 |
[50:03] | This is what happens when you throw around a com.funword.word like “War.” | 当你滥用”战争”这个词 事情就会变成这样 |
[50:06] | All hell breaks loose. | 全都乱作一团 |
[50:20] | 压制投票的问题是近些年美国两党分歧较大 斗争激烈的一个政治议题 这个问题的核心是 共和党主张为了防止选举舞弊 应该在投票时要求选民出示有效的身份证件 但是民主党认为 由于民主党选民大多生活窘困 办理驾照或身份证件很困难 所以要求出示身份证件 实际上就是要阻止底层选民投票 而共和党反过来指控民主党这种立场是鼓励有利于自己的非法移民投票 这一问题在美国多地引发了多起高调的诉讼 一般是一些共和党占多数的州议会和政府出台相关法律 要求投票时出示证件 然后支持民主党的民权组织提起诉讼 称这种法律违宪 目前美国有多个州的选民证件法面临法律挑战 其它压制投票的方法还有减少投票点 缩短提前投票时间等 |