时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | In case you have no idea what’s going on, | 以防你不明白这是怎么回事 |
[00:05] | I’m swelling these states’ National Guard troops | 我要扩充这些州的国民警卫队 |
[00:08] | to create secure public spaces on Election Day. | 以确保选举日公共场合的安全性 |
[00:12] | The voting centers with the added law enforcement, | 对投票站增加警力 |
[00:14] | will give us everything that we need | 能充分保证 |
[00:15] | to protect the integrity of the ballot box. | 选举的安全性 |
[00:17] | It’s smart, what the president’s doing. | 总统的做法很聪明 |
[00:20] | It’s serving him in the polls. | 为他的民调加了分 |
[00:21] | You remember Matthews, don’t you? | 你们还记得马修斯吧 |
[00:23] | Former vice president to President Garrett Walker. | 加勒特·沃克总统的前副总统 |
[00:27] | The governor is willing to let the past stay in the past. | 州长愿意让过去成为往事 |
[00:30] | I hope that means that I can count on you. | 希望这样一来我能指望上你 |
[00:32] | We’re members of a tiny brotherhood, you and I, of ex-VPs. | 我们是一个小型兄弟会的 都是前副总统 |
[00:35] | I did find some revenge porn on the chairman’s chief of staff. | 我倒是找到了段主席幕僚长的色情报复视频 |
[00:39] | I wanna talk to your boss about the Declaration of War Committee. | 我想跟你上司谈谈宣战委员会的事 |
[00:42] | You’re a pig. | 你就是个畜生 |
[00:44] | The incident for which he was awarded the Purple Heart stands out. | 让他获得紫心勋章的那次行动 格外突出 |
[00:47] | 康威 战争英雄 | |
[00:48] | Speaks to the kind of commander in chief he will be. | 这表明了他能成为怎样的三军统帅 |
[00:51] | I’d appreciate it | 我希望 |
[00:51] | if you didn’t bring up the details of my combat record. | 你别提起我战斗记录的细节 |
[00:54] | A man who’s never served. | 一个从没服过役的人 |
[00:56] | Wouldn’t know what a real war was | 哪怕战争咬上他的屁股 |
[00:57] | if it jumped up and bit him in the ass. | 他都认不出来 |
[00:59] | Someday soon, America needs to hear the full story of that day. | 美国应该尽早听听他立功的来龙去脉 |
[02:48] | I don’t have the right words for what happened that day. | 我找不到合适的语言形容那天发生的事 |
[02:51] | But he was a hero, no question. | 但毋庸置疑他是位英雄 |
[02:53] | Captain Conway’s conduct was heroic. | 康威上尉的行为是英勇的 |
[02:56] | A hero. | 一位英雄 |
[02:57] | Army Captain Craig Squire had been captured by the Taliban, | 塔利班劫持了陆军上尉克雷格·斯夸尔 |
[03:00] | held hostage in the Kandahar province. | 他被关在坎大哈省 |
[03:02] | We realized the intel was bad. | 我们发现情报有误 |
[03:04] | By the time we found him, we’d started taking fire. | 我们找到他时 已开始遭受火力 |
[03:08] | It was like a death garden or something. | 那里就像是死亡花园 |
[03:10] | Captain Conway got out of the plane and got Squire out. | 康威上尉跑下飞机 把斯夸尔救了出来 |
[03:14] | Don’t even ask me how. | 别问我过程有多艰辛 |
[03:15] | This election is too important. | 这次选举太重要了 |
[03:17] | You have a choice between Francis Underwood | 是选弗兰西斯·安德伍德 |
[03:20] | and a real hero. | 还是选真正的英雄 |
[03:22] | This is what happens when you throw around a com.funword.word like “War.” | 当你滥用”战争”这个词 事情就会变成这样 |
[03:26] | All hell breaks loose. | 全都乱作一团 |
[03:29] | He saved Squire. He saved all of us. | 他救了斯夸尔 他救了我们所有人 |
[03:33] | War is real. | 战争不是儿戏 |
[03:35] | Paid for by Americans for Truth. | 本视频由”美国人寻求真理”出资制作 |
[03:39] | I don’t know how many times I have to go through this, | 我不知道我们得说多少遍 |
[03:40] | but my campaign had nothing to do with that ad. | 但我的竞选团队跟那条广告一点关系都没有 |
[03:42] | That was a super PAC. | 是超级政治行动委员会做的 |
[03:43] | – I know, but– – But those soldiers, though. | -我知道 但是 -但那些士兵 |
[03:46] | They’re the ones. | 他们才是英雄 |
[03:47] | This country owes them a lot. | 这个国家欠他们太多了 |
[03:49] | – But that ad is on all the time. – You wanna know why? | -但那条广告成天在播 -你想知道原因吗 |
[03:51] | Because Frank Underwood has failed to keep this country safe. | 因为弗兰克·安德伍德没能保护这个国家的安全 |
[03:54] | The death of James Miller, | 詹姆斯·米勒之死 |
[03:55] | the so-called ICO attack at Capital East Telecom network… | 所谓的哈里发国对东首都电信的攻击 |
[03:59] | Wait, wait, wait. Are you saying ICO wasn’t responsible? | 等等 你是说哈里发国不是罪魁祸首 |
[04:02] | I’m saying it doesn’t matter. | 我是说这不重要 |
[04:03] | The Internet went down on the president’s watch. | 网络通讯在总统眼皮底下瘫痪掉了 |
[04:06] | – Don’t you think ICO was– – Now listen, Fred– | -你不觉得哈里发国 -听着 弗莱德 |
[04:08] | No, ICO is a real threat. | 不 哈里发国才是真正的威胁 |
[04:10] | There’s a lot of people waiting | 还有很多人在等 |
[04:11] | and I promised one question per person. | 说好每个人问一个问题的 |
[04:14] | It was great talking to you, | 能跟你谈话很高兴 |
[04:15] | and please don’t forget to vote tomorrow. | 明天别忘了去投票 |
[04:19] | Now, how long have we been going, anyway? | 我们进行了多久了 |
[04:22] | – Four hours. – Four hours. | -四个小时 -四个小时 |
[04:24] | That means we got 20 hours to go | 那么还得再战二十个小时 |
[04:26] | and I haven’t even had the chance to thank my friends at Pollyhop | 我还没来得及感谢波利跳的朋友们 |
[04:28] | for making this all possible and live streaming this event. | 感谢他们促成了这一切 并直播这一活动 |
[04:32] | Benjamin Grant and his crew. | 感谢本杰明·格兰特和他的团队 |
[04:34] | All right. What’s the next question? | 好了 下一个问题是什么 |
[04:36] | Annie? Annie from Maine. What’s on your mind? | 安妮 缅因州的安妮 你想问什么 |
[04:40] | Was Fred one of ours? | 弗莱德是我们的人吗 |
[04:41] | I think so. We’re gonna keep hitting the ad. | 我觉得是 我们得继续挑那条广告的刺 |
[04:44] | LeAnn’s got callers lined up. Are you there yet? | 莉安安排好了提问的人 你到了吗 |
[04:47] | Almost. Then back on the plane. | 快了 然后再回飞机上 |
[04:50] | – I’m about to go on. – Ohio, still? | -我要继续了 -还是在俄亥俄吗 |
[04:52] | Oh, yeah. And how’s he looking? Conway? | 是啊 他看上去怎么样 康威 |
[04:55] | Well, he’s only four hours in. It’s not sustainable. | 他才直播了四个小时 他坚持不下去的 |
[04:57] | But is he commanding? | 但他是不是气势逼人 |
[04:58] | He’s arrogant, Francis. | 他很傲慢 弗兰西斯 |
[05:00] | – Mr. President? – I have to go. | -总统先生 -我得挂了 |
[05:02] | Okay. See you in Gettysburg. | 好 葛底斯堡见 |
[05:05] | You’re saying it doesn’t matter | 你是说 要是安德伍德 |
[05:06] | if Underwood knew about pay-for-play? | 知道贿赂的事也没关系 |
[05:08] | Well, I’m saying it’s bad either way. | 我是说 那无论如何都不好 |
[05:12] | He either stole the presidency from his own party, | 他要么是从他自己党派的人那儿偷来了总统之位 |
[05:15] | or he was vice president in a corrupt administration. | 要么是在腐败的政府中做了副总统 |
[05:19] | But it’s important that we let the committee do its job. | 但我们应该让委员会做好本职工作 |
[05:22] | So thanks for your call, Annie. | 感谢你的来电 安妮 |
[05:24] | Arthur Capo from Del Rey Beach, Hawaii. Arthur, how you doing? | 夏威夷德拉海滩的亚瑟·卡波 亚瑟 你好吗 |
[05:28] | Why did they want to talk to you? | 他们为什么想跟你说话 |
[05:30] | I’m sorry, who? Uh, what’s your question, Arthur? | 抱歉 谁 你的问题是什么 亚瑟 |
[05:33] | Josh Masterson and Zachary… | 约书·马斯特森和扎克瑞 |
[05:36] | I forget his last name. But the terrorists who killed Jim Miller. | 我忘了他姓什么 杀害吉姆·米勒的恐怖分子 |
[05:39] | Right. Uh, well… | 好 那个 |
[05:42] | All I know is what they said in their list of demands. | 我只知道他们的一系列要求 |
[05:45] | And they believed I would be elected president. | 他们相信我会当选 成为总统 |
[05:48] | But really, why? Why you? | 但说真的 为什么 为什么是你 |
[05:51] | I successfully negotiated | 我与他们的谈判 |
[05:53] | the release of Caroline and Melissa Miller. | 成功救出了卡洛琳和梅莉莎·米勒 |
[05:55] | – But not Jim Miller. – I wasn’t given the chance. | -但没救成吉姆·米勒 -我没得到机会 |
[05:59] | What’s your read on him, the way he answers those questions? | 他回答问题的方式 你怎么看 |
[06:04] | – He’s hiding something. – Right. | -他有所隐瞒 -是吗 |
[06:08] | But it doesn’t matter. | 但这无所谓 |
[06:10] | He’s modern. He makes the presidency accessible. | 他很现代 让总统不那么高高在上 |
[06:15] | I mean, don’t you want to see the candidate stay up all night? | 你难道不想看到总统候选人通宵连线吗 |
[06:24] | Are you calling Francis old? | 你是说弗兰西斯老了吗 |
[06:37] | I appreciate the applause, ladies and gentlemen, | 多谢各位热情的掌声 女士们先生们 |
[06:40] | but I imagine it’s for the woman you really came to see. | 但我知道你们是在为你们想见的那个女人鼓掌 |
[06:47] | “These are dangerous times.” | “这是危机四伏的时刻” |
[06:51] | These are dangerous times. | 现在确实危机四伏 |
[06:53] | …of the United States, | 副总统候选人 |
[06:55] | Claire Underwood. | 克莱尔·安德伍德 |
[06:59] | He’s only a couple years older than me, you know. | 要知道 他只比我大几岁 |
[07:14] | Thank you. Thank you, Nevada! | 谢谢 谢谢你们 内华达 |
[07:23] | I really appreciate you all coming out here this morning. | 我非常感谢你们一大早来到这里 |
[07:28] | No substitute for retail politics. | 零售式竞选真是无可替代 |
[07:31] | Especially her brand. | 尤其是她的形象 |
[07:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:37] | Could you get me some water, please? | 能请你给我拿杯水吗 |
[07:39] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好啊 |
[07:42] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[07:43] | Thank you very much. That’s very kind. | 谢谢你们 你们真是太好了 |
[07:46] | Oh, thanks so much. | 非常感谢 |
[07:48] | Oh, now stop that. | 别鼓掌了 |
[07:49] | Stop it, stop it. Enough, enough, enough. Enough. | 停下吧 别鼓了 够啦够啦 |
[07:51] | It’s embarrassing, all of that adulation. | 我都脸红了 这么吹捧我 |
[07:54] | Hello, nice to see you. Thank you so much for coming out. | 你好 很高兴见到你 谢谢你能来 |
[07:56] | Much appreciated. | 非常感谢 |
[07:59] | – Jack! – Great speech, Mr. President. | -杰克 -演讲很成功 总统先生 |
[08:01] | It’s like you’re saying what I’m thinking. | 你真是把我的心里话说出来了 |
[08:03] | Well, that is the idea. Thank you. | 这就对了 谢谢 |
[08:06] | Uh, I’m a little worried about the Conway thing, though. | 不过话说康威的事有点让我担心啊 |
[08:09] | Bringing up a lot of questions. | 提起了好多问题 |
[08:10] | But not a lot of answers. | 但没得到多少回答 |
[08:12] | Yeah, and we don’t need to keep hearing about that article | 我们也不想在大选投票日前一天 |
[08:14] | the day before the election. | 老提起那篇文章吧 |
[08:15] | What are we doing about it? | 有什么办法吗 |
[08:16] | Well, we’re here, Jack. | 我们聚在这里了 杰克 |
[08:18] | We are fighting back one handshake at a time. | 我们要多握手 能扳回一个算一个 |
[08:22] | Gwendolyn, you look absolutely stunning. | 格温多林 你今天真是太美了 |
[08:24] | May I get a photograph, please, Steve? | 能麻烦给我照张相吗 史蒂夫 |
[08:25] | Could you do this, please? Make sure you cut him out. | 麻烦你 千万别把他照进去 |
[08:29] | We have Jeff from Corpus Christi, Texas. | 接下来是来自德州科珀斯克里斯蒂的杰弗 |
[08:31] | How are you doing today, Jeff? | 你今天怎么样 杰弗 |
[08:33] | We saw the ad. About the rescue. | 我们看到那条营救行动的广告了 |
[08:35] | You know, Jeff, I feel like we have been through this already. | 杰弗啊 这个话题我前面已经说过了 |
[08:38] | You saved my brother’s life, sir. | 您救了我哥哥的命 先生 |
[08:41] | Craig Squire. | 克雷格·斯夸尔 |
[08:44] | Captain Squire. That’s… that’s your brother? | 斯夸尔上尉 就是你哥哥 |
[08:51] | Captain. | 上尉 |
[08:56] | Remember me? | 还记得我吗 |
[08:58] | I do remember. Of course I remember. | 我记得 我当然记得 |
[09:00] | I didn’t think you wanted talk about it. | 我以为你不愿重提旧事 |
[09:02] | We lived through it. That’s enough, isn’t it? | 我们挺过来了 就够了 是不是 |
[09:06] | I never got to thank you and tell you… | 我一直没机会感谢你 告诉你 |
[09:09] | Captain Squire, you would’ve done the same. | 斯夸尔上尉 换了你也会救我的 |
[09:12] | I don’t know. I was in there. | 我不知道 我当时在那里 |
[09:15] | They were tossing bodies on top of me, one after the other… | 他们朝我身上扔尸体 一个接一个 |
[09:18] | I was already dead. | 我死定了 |
[09:21] | That’s not right. It’s like I’ve been dead once already. | 不对 就好像我已经死了一次 |
[09:24] | But the bodies… the way they were stuck together. | 但那些尸体 就那么堆在一起 |
[09:27] | And the heat and the smell… | 又那么热 还有味道 |
[09:29] | But you know when you were pulling me out, remember? | 但你还记得你把我拉出来的时候吗 |
[09:32] | I… I don’t remember much, actually. | 我其实记不太清楚了 |
[09:34] | It all happened pretty quick. | 一切都发生得太快了 |
[09:37] | I know you heard it. | 我知道你听见了 |
[09:37] | You have to get him out of this question. | 你得打断这个问题 |
[09:39] | You know he doesn’t like talking about this. You know that. | 他不喜欢提这些事 你知道的 |
[09:41] | – Hannah, – Come on, man. | -汉娜 -得了 |
[09:42] | – let’s talk. – I know you did. | -我们谈谈 -你肯定听见了 |
[09:43] | I was just trying to get us out of there as fast as I could. | 我当时只想尽快把咱们救出去 |
[09:48] | Craig, we’re here. | 克雷格 我们活下来了 |
[09:51] | – We made it. – Yeah, but… | -我们挺过来了 -是 可是 |
[09:53] | You gotta live your life. | 你得继续生活 |
[09:55] | Thanks for taking our call. | 谢谢您接我们的电话 |
[09:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:05] | He didn’t call him out enough. He didn’t get Conway to– | 他说的程度还不够 他没让康威… |
[10:07] | Look… he did what he could. | 听着 他尽力了 |
[10:11] | What did he hear? What did he mean by that? | 他听到了什么 他那是什么意思 |
[10:14] | I don’t know. It’s between Will and him. | 不知道 那是威尔和他之间的事 |
[10:15] | He’s wanted Will to come clean about it for a long time, but… | 他早就想让威尔出来说清楚了 不过 |
[10:19] | it didn’t happen. | 没能如愿 |
[10:21] | Which is why, for Craig’s sake, | 所以 看在克雷格的分上 |
[10:23] | we need to get them back on the phone. | 我们得让他们再连线一次 |
[10:24] | Miss Harvey, you’ve been on us for months. | 哈维小姐 你跟了我们几个月了 |
[10:28] | I’m sorry it didn’t work out. | 抱歉没能成功 |
[10:30] | If this means the deal’s off, okay. | 如果这意味着交易取消 没事 |
[10:32] | We can always find a place to go. | 我们总能找个去处 |
[10:33] | Just let me talk to him again. We wouldn’t want him to– | 让我再跟他谈谈 我们可不希望他 |
[10:35] | Jesus Christ! My brother has been through enough. | 天啊 我哥哥经历得够多了 |
[10:38] | We’re done. | 我们不干了 |
[10:40] | I need you to leave. | 请你离开 |
[10:55] | He’s doing great. | 他做得很好 |
[10:57] | Is he? | 是吗 |
[10:59] | That ad’s playing for us. | 那广告对我们有好处 |
[11:03] | Look, I… I agreed to this. | 听着 我是同意了 |
[11:07] | – But I know my husband. – I know you do. | -但我了解我丈夫 -我知道 |
[11:09] | And those questions were to be expected, yes? | 那些问题是意料之中的 对吗 |
[11:12] | It’s a good thing Squire changed his mind. | 斯夸尔改了主意是好事 |
[11:16] | We can pull some tape and put something together tonight. | 我们今晚可以调出一些带子 拼凑点什么出来 |
[11:19] | Hit some markets in the morning. | 明早上放出来 |
[11:21] | When it’s time to vote… | 等到了投票的时候 |
[11:24] | Will saved his life. | 威尔救了他的命 |
[11:27] | This is too much. | 太过了 |
[11:29] | I don’t want any more questions about the war. | 我不想再听到关于那场战争的问题了 |
[11:31] | That’s not gonna work. | 不行的 |
[11:33] | Look, I can show you numbers, | 听着 我可以给你看数据 |
[11:34] | I can show you how well it’s all playing for us. | 可以给你看这对我们多有利 |
[11:36] | What I’m saying, Mark, is that this– | 我只是说 马克 这是… |
[11:38] | I’ve been at this a long time, Hannah. | 我做这行很久了 汉娜 |
[11:41] | You know, when Marshall told me you were available– | 知道吗 当马歇尔告诉我你有空时 |
[11:43] | Marshall and I go way back. | 马歇尔和我是老相识了 |
[11:45] | The timing is right for all of us, right? | 这时机对我们所有人都合适 对吗 |
[11:48] | We’re very grateful. | 我们非常感激 |
[11:49] | Then he will tell you, I don’t get involved, | 那他就会告诉你 我通常不会 |
[11:51] | not this late in the game, unless | 在这么晚的时候插进来 |
[11:53] | I know I can make a difference. | 除非我知道我能发挥影响 |
[11:58] | So whatever happened to Will with Squire, whatever… | 所以不管威尔和斯夸尔发生了什么 |
[12:00] | – It’s not– – I don’t wanna know. I don’t need to know. | -不是 -我不想知道 也不需要知道 |
[12:04] | But whatever pain he’s carrying about what happened… | 但不管那些事让他承受着怎样的痛苦 |
[12:09] | it’s working for us. | 对我们是有利的 |
[12:11] | So, this is what I need from you. | 所以 我需要你 |
[12:14] | To go back out there | 回去那里 |
[12:15] | and just make sure he makes it through until morning. | 确保他能撑到明早 |
[12:27] | He has a chance to be a fine president. | 他有机会做一个好总统 |
[12:30] | A great president. | 一个伟大的总统 |
[12:35] | Even better. | 那更好了 |
[12:39] | Because we could use one. | 因为我们需要这样的总统 |
[12:44] | There’s a reason that Squire didn’t appear in that ad. | 斯夸尔没出现在那广告里是有原因的 |
[12:47] | I’m just nailing down the specifics. | 我还在确认细节 |
[12:53] | – Let’s bring Doug in on this. – He’s on his way to Philly. | -让道格加入吧 -他在去费城的路上 |
[12:56] | And with all due respect, sir, | 而且恕我直言 先生 |
[12:58] | his skill set doesn’t necessarily apply here. | 他的技能在这里并不适用 |
[13:02] | Do you know how long Doug has worked for me, LeAnn? | 你知道道格跟我多久了吗 莉安 |
[13:05] | Not exactly, no. | 不太清楚 |
[13:06] | Well, it’s just this side of forever. | 几乎是一辈子了 |
[13:08] | I know everything about him. | 我了解他的一切 |
[13:09] | His strengths, his weaknesses, his skill set | 他的优势 他的弱点 他的技能 |
[13:12] | and the contents of his soul. | 以及他心里在想什么 |
[13:16] | I hope you’re not questioning my loyalty. | 希望您不是在质疑我的忠诚 |
[13:22] | I just like to know about the people who work for me, LeAnn. | 我只是想了解为我工作的人 莉安 |
[13:25] | – I’m pretty straightforward. – I don’t believe that for a second. | -我很坦诚的 -我根本不信 |
[13:28] | The first time I sat down with Doug, | 我第一次跟道格坐下来谈 |
[13:30] | it was more of a confession than a conversation. | 更像是他的坦白而非对话 |
[13:33] | He told me about his drinking, his past. | 他跟我说了他酗酒的事 他的过去 |
[13:36] | He was completely open with me. | 他对我彻底敞开了心扉 |
[13:39] | I don’t think we can rely on Craig Squire. | 我不觉得我们能指望克雷格·斯夸尔 |
[13:41] | Then why am I still talking to you? | 那我们还有什么好说的 |
[13:44] | I’m not hiding the contents of my soul, sir. | 我没有掩饰内心 先生 |
[13:48] | Reach out to Vanessa Morrison. | 去找凡妮莎·莫里森 |
[13:50] | I already reached out to the director. | 我已经联系总监了 |
[13:51] | Yes, but Doug hasn’t. | 对 但道格还没有 |
[13:53] | So have him do it and then you come up with something else | 让他去做 你在康威结束他的小节目前 |
[13:55] | before Conway is done with his little sideshow. | 想点别的点子出来 |
[13:58] | And in terms of what comes next, | 关于接下来的演讲 |
[14:00] | I adjusted the opening remarks and cut some from the stump. | 我调整了开场白 缩减了正文的篇幅 |
[14:03] | The stump is just fine. | 正文不用改了 |
[14:05] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[14:09] | Get me the First Lady, please. | 请给我接第一夫人 |
[14:10] | Well, the… the short answer is | 这个嘛 简单来说就是 |
[14:12] | in a democracy, everyone has the same rights… | 在民主体制下 每个人都有相同的权利 |
[14:15] | the same opportunities. | 和相同的机会 |
[14:18] | Hello. | 喂 |
[14:19] | Do the people around us understand what it takes? | 我们身边的人知道风险有多大吗 |
[14:23] | Look, I know Conway’s getting a bump, | 我知道康威的声势起来了 |
[14:25] | but it doesn’t mean we can’t surmount it in the next 24 hours. | 但这不代表接下来的一天里我们不能扳回来 |
[14:28] | Do they know what we have done to get this far? | 他们知道我们付出了多少才走到今天 |
[14:33] | Tom is sitting across from me right now. | 汤姆现在就坐在我对面 |
[14:35] | I don’t care who you’re sitting next to, Claire. | 我才不管你对面坐着谁 克莱尔 |
[14:39] | We’re all doing everything we can as fast as we can. | 我们都在拼尽全力 全速拉票 |
[14:46] | I don’t like it. I don’t like chasing this. | 我不喜欢 我不喜欢追赶别人 |
[14:48] | What’s your next stop? | 你下一站去哪 |
[14:52] | – We, uh… We’re in Scranton in 20. – You need to save your voice. | -我们20分钟到斯克兰顿 -你得养养嗓子 |
[14:59] | I’ll see you on the battlefield. | 我们战场上见 |
[15:11] | How’s the President doing? | 总统怎么样 |
[15:15] | He’s acting like he’s still 30 years old. | 他还把自己当个年轻人 |
[15:23] | We both are. | 我们都是 |
[15:26] | Is that good… or bad? | 这是好事 还是坏事 |
[15:31] | That depends on if we win or lose. | 得看我们是输是赢了 |
[15:35] | Because I’m a vet | 因为我是个老兵 |
[15:37] | and I’m still not clear on exactly what happened. | 我还是没弄清楚到底怎么回事 |
[15:40] | You know, I think everything | 我觉得具体情况 |
[15:41] | has been said by the soldiers who were there. | 当时在场的士兵已经说得很清楚了 |
[15:43] | No. ‘Cause your plane, | 不对 你的飞机 |
[15:45] | was it shot down or was it a planned rescue? | 是被击落还是按计划去营救 |
[15:48] | Planned, yes. | 是计划的 |
[15:51] | Until the plan had to change. | 但是后来计划不得不调整了 |
[15:53] | – I think you get the idea. – No, I don’t get it, sir. | -我想你懂的 -我不懂 先生 |
[15:57] | – You were a pilot, right? – Yes. | -你是飞行员吧 -对 |
[15:58] | So why were your boots even on the ground? | 那你为什么会出舱执行地面任务 |
[16:01] | Our intel was flawed. | 我们的情报有误 |
[16:05] | Our intel was flawed and I… I had to step in. I had to. | 情报有误 我只得介入 没办法 |
[16:13] | Hi, Mike. | 你好 麦克 |
[16:16] | My husband is a humble man. | 我丈夫是个谦虚的人 |
[16:18] | You’re never going to get the details of his bravery that day. | 你是不会听到他那天英勇救人的全部过程的 |
[16:22] | At least, not from him. | 至少他自己不会说 |
[16:25] | To me, his comrades say it all. | 在我看来 他的战友说得好 |
[16:26] | Will is a man who is equipped to deal with whatever comes at him. | 威尔是个有能力应对任何状况的人 |
[16:30] | And now, I’d like to put in a com.funword.word on a more practical matter, | 而现在 我想和你说一件更重要的事 |
[16:33] | these new centralized voting centers. | 这些新集中选民的投票中心 |
[16:35] | Because we’ve had lots of calls and questions. | 因为最近我们收到了许多来电和疑问 |
[16:38] | Whichever candidate you support, | 无论你支持哪位候选人 |
[16:41] | it’s essential that you get out to vote. | 你一定要去投票 这至关重要 |
[16:43] | Ask a neighbor for a ride or call your local party office. | 搭邻居的车 或者联系当地的党务办公室 |
[16:48] | This race is too close for complacency. | 这场竞选太激烈 决不能掉以轻心 |
[17:07] | You got my vote! | 我选你 |
[17:13] | – Underwood! – Thank you so much. | -安德伍德 -非常感谢 |
[17:20] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢你们 |
[17:26] | Thank you so much. Thank you. | 太谢谢你们了 谢谢 |
[17:29] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:30] | Could you also get me a tea with honey, please? | 能麻烦你再给我拿杯蜂蜜茶吗 |
[17:34] | – Are you gonna be all right to speak? – Yeah, I’m fine. | -你这样还能演讲吗 -我没事 |
[17:36] | – Listen to your voice, Francis. – Stop. | -听听你的嗓子 弗兰西斯 -别说了 |
[17:38] | You have been running yourself into the ground, | 你这几天一直连轴转地跑 |
[17:40] | you haven’t slept for days. | 好几天都没睡了 |
[17:41] | Why don’t you kick off the speech, | 要不你给演讲开个头 |
[17:44] | let me take over, and then I will explain to… | 然后交给我 我给大家解释 |
[17:46] | That the president’s lost his voice? | 解释说总统失声了吗 |
[17:48] | No, you’re not gonna say that. | 不行 你不能这么说 |
[17:49] | We’re not gonna have that headline as we enter the final stretch. | 这么关键的时候 可不能出这种大新闻 |
[17:52] | Especially since Sir Lancelot is out there yapping all day long. | 尤其那个兰斯洛特似的小白脸在那儿嘚吧个没完 |
[17:55] | I’m not really sure that Conway’s a Sir Lancelot. | 我倒不觉得康威是兰斯洛特 |
[17:58] | Oh, really? Then who would you assign that role to? | 是吗 那你觉得谁是 |
[18:11] | God, I hate to waste that. Excuse me. | 吐得我真心疼 过来一下 |
[18:15] | There was a young man in line, | 队伍里有个年轻人 |
[18:16] | on the other side, sort of against that second door. | 在大厅另一边 差不多靠着第二扇门 |
[18:19] | Six foot tall… | 大概一米八 |
[18:20] | – Maybe just give us a moment. – Sure. | -让我们单独说句话吧 -好啊 |
[18:24] | Can you see if you can get some contact information? | 你能不能试试搞到联系方式 |
[18:26] | Or pull him out if you can. Thank you. | 要是能的话把他叫出来 谢谢 |
[18:31] | I didn’t mean take over. I just meant let’s appear as a ticket. | 我不是想接管 我是说我们应该以搭档形象示人 |
[18:34] | – “Are we united or are we divided?” – Francis– | -“团结还是分裂” -弗兰西斯 |
[18:36] | “Here at Gettysburg, one of the bloodiest battles–“ | “就在葛底斯堡这里 最血腥的战役之一” |
[18:39] | I know your speech. | 我会背你的讲稿 |
[18:41] | But can you finish? You have to know how to finish, Claire. | 但你能结尾吗 你得知道怎么结尾 克莱尔 |
[18:43] | I have the distinct honor of introducing you to, | 我十分荣幸地向大家介绍 |
[18:47] | God-willing and the creek don’t rise, | 如果一切顺利的话 |
[18:50] | the current and next President of the United States of America, | 美国现任也是下一任总统 |
[18:54] | Francis Underwood! | 弗兰西斯·安德伍德 |
[19:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:09] | Thank you, Congressman Winters, | 谢谢 温特斯议员 |
[19:12] | and thank you, Pennsylvania. | 谢谢 宾夕法尼亚 |
[19:19] | And my running mate, my wife, | 还要感谢我的竞选搭档 妻子 |
[19:23] | and my friend and my partner, Claire Underwood. | 挚友和伴侣 克莱尔·安德伍德 |
[19:34] | I’ve always got a few minutes for Doug Stamper. | 跟道格·斯坦普讲话我总是有时间的 |
[19:40] | Again, sorry to keep you waiting. | 再次抱歉 让你久等了 |
[19:43] | You sure I can’t offer you something? | 真的不用给你拿点什么吗 |
[19:45] | I don’t drink, Governor. | 我不喝酒 州长 |
[19:47] | Well, I got club soda, tonic… | 我有苏打水 汤力水 |
[19:50] | You said you were going to establish voting centers. | 你说你会建立投票中心 |
[19:52] | I was. I tried. | 没错 我试过了 |
[19:55] | I got pushback from the precinct captains | 说出来你都不信 选区负责人 |
[19:57] | like you wouldn’t believe. | 给了我多大阻力 |
[19:58] | – You said you were gonna deploy troops. – I tried that, too. | -你说你会派警卫队 -那我也试过了 |
[20:02] | I floated the order past Roger Frank at the ACLU. | 我跟美国公民自由联盟的罗杰·弗兰克提了 |
[20:05] | He mentioned it to Barney Leonard at the Black Coalition. | 他跟黑人联盟的巴尼·莱纳德说了 |
[20:09] | And within two hours, I got eight angry phone calls | 两小时内 我就接到八个怒气冲冲的电话 |
[20:12] | telling me exactly what would happen | 告诉我 要是保护远郊地区 |
[20:14] | if I chose to protect exurban areas instead of Philly. | 而不保护费城 会发生什么 |
[20:20] | You don’t want to lie to me, Governor. | 你最好别骗我 州长 |
[20:23] | I just came from Barney Leonard’s office. | 我刚从巴尼·莱纳德的办公室过来 |
[20:26] | – You wanna change your story? – Please. | -你想改口吗 -拜托 |
[20:28] | Barney’s gonna tell you that he threatened a fucking race riot. | 巴尼会告诉你 他威胁挑起种族暴乱 |
[20:30] | You fucking lied, straight up, | 你眼睛都不眨一下地 |
[20:33] | to the President of the United States. | 对美国总统撒谎了 |
[20:38] | Doug. | 道格 |
[20:40] | Doug. | 道格 |
[20:43] | – Barney Leonard’s office, please. – Put the phone down. | -请接巴尼·莱纳德的办公室 -把电话放下 |
[20:46] | It’s Doug Stamper. | 我是道格·斯坦普 |
[20:49] | Yes, I need him one more time. | 对 我需要再找他一次 |
[20:58] | Fine. Hang it up. | 好吧 挂电话吧 |
[21:05] | I’ll get you your troops. | 我会安排警卫队的 |
[21:10] | You want the truth? | 你想知道真相吗 |
[21:13] | Not interested. I had that coming in. | 不感兴趣 我已经知道了 |
[21:18] | It’s over. | 结束了 |
[21:20] | Underwood’s gonna lose tomorrow. He’s done. | 安德伍德明天必输无疑 他完蛋了 |
[21:23] | And when he’s done, you’re done. | 他一完蛋 你也完了 |
[21:27] | You’ll have nothing left. And then, you’ll just disappear. | 你将一无所有 到那时 你就会消失 |
[21:35] | Thank you for your time, Governor. | 感谢你抽时间 州长 |
[21:56] | What would it take to | 要是想把宾州的 |
[21:56] | federalize the National Guard in Pennsylvania? | 国民警卫队收归政府所管 需要怎么做 |
[22:23] | The president asked me to get him some information | 总统让我给他找些 |
[22:25] | about Eric Rawlings. | 艾瑞克·罗林斯的资料 |
[22:27] | – Who? – From the Gettysburg event. | -谁 -葛底斯堡集会的 |
[22:31] | I’ll give it to him. | 我来交给他 |
[22:55] | Muhammed Kalabi, 34, Syrian national. | 穆罕默德·卡拉比 34岁 叙利亚公民 |
[22:59] | Local assets confirm his ID with high confidence. | 当地线人确认 他的身份可信度很高 |
[23:03] | Kalabi has strong connections to ICO. | 卡拉比和哈里发国联系非常紧密 |
[23:06] | Bombing in Beirut last fall. | 去年秋天的贝鲁特爆炸案 |
[23:10] | A month before Beirut, | 贝鲁特事件一个月之前 |
[23:12] | with Ahmadi, in Cairo. | 在开罗和艾哈迈迪在一起 |
[23:17] | Currently, sir, there are four Muhammed Kalabis | 先生 现在在美国 |
[23:20] | in the United States. | 有四个穆罕默德·卡拉比 |
[23:22] | Two are approximately the same age as the ICO Kalabi, | 其中两个和哈里发国的卡拉比年龄相仿 |
[23:26] | and one entered the United States three weeks ago | 其中一个三周前从阿富汗经加拿大 |
[23:29] | from Afghanistan by way of Canada. | 进入美国境内 |
[23:32] | He’s visiting his girlfriend in Tennessee | 他是去看他在田纳西州诺克斯维尔 |
[23:34] | who works at a Knoxville bookstore. | 一家书店工作的女朋友 |
[23:41] | So why are you bringing me all this? | 你为什么告诉我这些 |
[23:44] | You asked for options, sir. | 你问有什么选择 先生 |
[23:47] | To arrest Muhammed Kalabi on election day? | 在选举日当天逮捕穆罕默德·卡拉比 |
[23:50] | Cathy, what’s gonna happen | 凯茜 要是他告诉当局 |
[23:51] | when he tells the authorities he’s the wrong one? | 他不是恐怖分子怎么办 |
[23:53] | But that would be after the election– | 但那就是在选举日之后了 |
[23:54] | Well, that might have played three or four days ago, Cathy, | 三四天前也许还可行 凯茜 |
[23:57] | but now it’s too late. | 但现在已经太迟了 |
[24:01] | Did you have this three or four days ago? | 你三四天前就拿到这个了吗 |
[24:04] | I would have brought it to you, sir. | 如果我拿到了肯定会给你看的 先生 |
[24:09] | All right, well, let’s leave it at that. | 好吧 先这样吧 |
[24:11] | Send in Doug. | 请道格进来 |
[24:12] | The secretary is just leaving. | 国务卿要走了 |
[24:26] | That’s all we have on the Squire rescue. | 这是斯夸尔营救行动的全部资料 |
[24:29] | It’s not enough, unfortunately. | 很不幸 还不够多 |
[24:34] | Sir… | 先生… |
[24:37] | when it comes to Matthews, I don’t believe he’ll deliver. | 马修斯那边 我觉得他不会照办 |
[24:42] | Let’s take this from his hands. We need to protect the polls. | 我们夺下主动权吧 我们得保护投票站 |
[24:47] | The request won’t come from you. | 你不用下命令 |
[24:48] | The way this thing is built, you’re nowhere near it. | 你会与这事毫无关联 |
[24:50] | Hold on a second. | 稍等一下 |
[24:53] | How are the numbers in Pennsylvania? | 宾州的票数怎么样了 |
[24:55] | They’re good, but they’re well within the margin of error, sir. | 势头不错 但还在误差范围内 先生 |
[24:58] | So we don’t want to look like | 我们不希望看起来 |
[24:59] | we’re shoving an armed unit of National Guards | 像是把一支武装国民警卫队 |
[25:01] | down Jim Matthews’ throat, right? | 强加给了吉姆·马修斯 对吗 |
[25:04] | – Right. – So, I got a call from Barney Leonard. | -对 -巴尼·莱纳德打给我了 |
[25:07] | You pushed too hard, Doug. | 你逼得太紧了 道格 |
[25:15] | But look, we’ll have four years to take care of Matthews, | 但听着 我们有四年来对付马修斯 |
[25:18] | and we will. | 我们会收拾他的 |
[25:24] | But what if there was another way? | 但如果有别的办法呢 |
[25:28] | I don’t think anybody, if they’re honest with themselves, | 我敢说 如果大家都坦诚面对自己 |
[25:31] | can say they truly trust President Underwood. | 没有一个人会说他真的信任安德伍德总统 |
[25:34] | Why should they? | 凭什么要信任他 |
[25:36] | With so many threats to our country, | 我们国家面临了如此多的威胁 |
[25:38] | now it’s more important than ever to elect… | 现在比任何时候都更得选出… |
[25:55] | …four years of misguided priorities, | 四年来重点的偏颇 |
[25:57] | backing the GOP into soliciting private and special interests. | 使共和党变回了追逐私利的党派 |
[26:03] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[26:05] | What? | 怎么了 |
[26:09] | – I wanna be that person. – What person? | -我想当那种人 -哪种人 |
[26:15] | The person that does this for, like, an hour and then leaves. | 那种做一个小时就能拍屁股走人的人 |
[26:19] | That’s not what this– | 不是那样…. |
[26:20] | Doug, I’ve been having sex for as long as you have. | 道格 我的性经历跟你一样久 |
[26:24] | And when you called me, that’s what it sounded like. | 你打给我的时候 我就是这种感觉 |
[26:27] | And I thought, “Great.” | 我就想 “好啊” |
[26:28] | But I’m here now. Where are you? | 可我来了 你在哪里 |
[26:44] | I should take you home. | 我送你回家吧 |
[26:48] | No. | 不了 |
[26:51] | – You don’t have to. – Come on. | -不必劳烦你 -别这样 |
[26:54] | – I’ll take a cab. – I’m taking you home. | -我自己打车回 -我要送你回家 |
[26:58] | What is going on with you? | 你怎么了 |
[27:02] | You’re right. I shouldn’t have called. | 你说得对 我不该打给你 |
[27:05] | I gotta get back to work. | 我该回去工作了 |
[27:12] | Reports are pouring in of protests being staged | 关于新建成的投票站外 |
[27:14] | outside of many of our newly established voting centers. | 发生抗议活动的新闻报道不断涌入 |
[27:17] | Which begs the question, are Americans fed up | 这引出了一个问题 美国人民 |
[27:20] | with our politicians’ seemingly unquenchable thirst for conflict? | 是否已经厌倦了政客们无休止的闹剧 |
[27:24] | Between Underwood’s call for a formal… | 一边是安德伍德呼吁正式… |
[27:26] | Make a decision? | 想好了吗 |
[27:27] | …and the strong military ticket on the Republican side? | 共和党的候选人又都是军人出身 |
[27:31] | Basil Hayden’s, double, neat. | 巴素·海顿 双份 不加冰 |
[27:34] | Basil Hayden? | 巴素·海顿 |
[27:37] | You’re killing me, buddy. | 我这儿可没有 伙计 |
[27:43] | – What do you got? – Bulleit’s as good as it gets in here. | -你有什么 -布莱特是最好的了 |
[27:50] | I’ll have that. | 那就这个吧 |
[28:03] | – Woman? – Work. | -女人 -工作 |
[28:06] | Yeah, well, nothing’s forever, man. | 是啊 没什么是永恒的 |
[28:26] | Those two down there, | 请那边那两位 |
[28:28] | and anyone else who comes in here until that’s gone. | 还有所有进店的人 花光为止 |
[28:32] | That’s for you. | 这是给你的 |
[29:30] | I couldn’t sleep. | 我睡不着 |
[29:40] | Is it your throat? | 你的喉咙不舒服吗 |
[29:44] | Is it enough? | 足够吗 |
[29:47] | What we’re doing? | 我们的努力 |
[29:55] | I… | 我… |
[29:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:04] | Then why aren’t we farther ahead? | 那为什么我们没有遥遥领先 |
[30:06] | Most of the polls have us– | 大多数的民调显示… |
[30:07] | Oh, I don’t trust the polls. | 我不相信民调 |
[30:10] | With few exceptions, I don’t trust anyone or anything. | 除了极少数外 我不相信任何人或任何事 |
[30:18] | We won’t know for sure until the vote’s begun. | 投票没开始前一切都是未知的 |
[30:22] | But turnout for their side is sure to be down. | 但他们的投票率肯定会降低的 |
[30:28] | We almost had Conway today. | 我们今天差点就打败康威了 |
[30:33] | And we did some damage. | 但我们确实伤到了他 |
[30:36] | And maybe we don’t know what he’s hiding, | 或许我们不知道他在隐瞒什么 |
[30:38] | but the public knows there’s something out there. | 但公众知道他有所隐瞒 |
[30:55] | He hums in his sleep sometimes. | 他睡觉有时会哼歌 |
[30:59] | Hums? | 哼歌 |
[31:02] | Like what? | 哼什么 |
[31:10] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[31:12] | Nothing recognizable. | 听不出来 |
[31:16] | Does he do it often? | 他经常哼吗 |
[31:20] | Sometimes. | 有时哼 |
[31:25] | Do it for me. What’s it sound like? | 哼给我听听什么样 |
[31:31] | Let’s get you something for your throat. | 我给你拿点润喉的东西 |
[31:32] | No, I’m fine. You go back to sleep. | 不用 我没事 你接着睡吧 |
[31:44] | We’re gonna get there tomorrow, Francis. | 我们明天会成功的 弗兰西斯 |
[32:22] | So, I’m… I’m at this fundraiser. | 我在一场筹款会上 |
[32:26] | It’s a beautiful house on the beach in Amagansett, | 在阿默甘西特海滩的一幢豪宅里 |
[32:29] | and I’ve been dancing all night with this incredible girl, | 我和一位美女跳了一整夜舞 |
[32:34] | way out of my league. | 我完全配不上她 |
[32:37] | But it’s late, very late, | 但当时很晚很晚了 |
[32:40] | and I’m a very responsible young man, so… | 我是个很负责的年轻人 |
[32:44] | I sneak upstairs to get my jacket. | 我溜上楼拿我的外套 |
[32:50] | But lo and behold… | 但我没想到… |
[32:53] | she’s following me. | 她跟了上来 |
[32:56] | And I see my reflection in the hallway mirror and… | 我看到了走廊镜子里的自己 |
[33:00] | I’m just sweating like a pig. | 我浑身冒汗 |
[33:05] | My heart’s racing. | 心跳加速 |
[33:08] | And she walks up behind me. | 她从我身后走来 |
[33:13] | And as I turn… | 我转身时 |
[33:16] | I see the moonlight on her face… | 看到了月光映在她的面庞上 |
[33:21] | and everything just slows down. | 一切仿佛都慢了下来 |
[33:29] | And that’s how we met. | 我们就是这样认识的 |
[33:32] | Me and Hannah. | 我和汉娜 |
[33:36] | Well, I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one up this late. | 很高兴并非只有我还在熬夜 |
[33:40] | Mr. President, do you have a question for me? | 总统先生 你有问题要问我吗 |
[33:43] | No, I don’t. But I thought I would give you the chance | 不 我没有 但我可以给你个机会 |
[33:46] | to ask me a question. Just one. | 问我一个问题 只有一个 |
[33:49] | I’m not sure I have any questions for you. | 我不确定我想问你问题 |
[33:52] | Don’t be shy, Will. | 别害羞 威尔 |
[33:54] | I mean, after all, this is a rare opportunity. | 毕竟 机会难得 |
[33:56] | Just between you and me. | 只有你和我 |
[33:59] | It’s just you and me and all the other Americans out there | 只有你和我 还有其他今晚 |
[34:01] | having trouble sleeping tonight. | 失眠的美国人 |
[34:03] | Well, that’s because they know | 那是因为他们知道 |
[34:04] | that tomorrow’s vote will decide their future. | 明天的投票会决定他们的未来 |
[34:07] | So that’s the question then, isn’t it? | 这就是关键问题 对吧 |
[34:10] | Who does the future belong to? | 未来属于谁 |
[34:12] | Well, I don’t think anyone but God can answer that one. | 我觉得只有上帝能回答那个问题 |
[34:15] | All we can do is make a case for ourselves while we’re here. | 我们只能在此生尽可能地证明自己 |
[34:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:24] | Here’s my question. | 我想问你 |
[34:28] | I successfully negotiated | 我成功的谈判 |
[34:29] | the release of Caroline and Melissa Miller. | 让卡洛琳和梅莉莎·米勒得以释放 |
[34:32] | Then you stepped in. | 但你插手进来 |
[34:35] | You didn’t let me finish the job. Why? | 你没让我完成任务 为什么 |
[34:40] | Do you really want me to answer that question, Will? | 你真想让我回答那个问题吗 威尔 |
[34:42] | – Because I’m not sure you do. – Oh, I do. | -我不确定你想这么做 -我很想 |
[34:49] | Because they knew they could take advantage of you. | 因为他们知道自己能够占你便宜 |
[34:52] | They saw it. | 他们发现了 |
[34:54] | – How’s that, sir? – They felt it. | -怎么说 先生 -他们察觉出来了 |
[34:56] | Whatever happened to you overseas, | 无论你在海外遭遇了什么 |
[34:58] | there’s no reason to feel guilty or ashamed. | 你都不必感到内疚或惭愧 |
[35:01] | I served my country. I did what I did… | 我为国尽忠了 我那么做 |
[35:06] | because it’s what I had to do. | 是因为我别无选择 |
[35:10] | Not like some others. | 不像某些人 |
[35:13] | I’ve been in public office my entire adult life, Will. | 我成年以来一直担任公职 威尔 |
[35:19] | The truth is, I went to school with guys like you. | 其实我曾与你这种人是同学 |
[35:21] | Good looking guys with good intentions… | 英姿飒爽 心怀善意的人 |
[35:25] | just like you. | 跟你一样 |
[35:27] | And I mean that sincerely. | 这是我的真心话 |
[35:30] | And I want you to know that whatever happens tomorrow, | 我还想让你知道 无论明天结果如何 |
[35:33] | I never doubted your intentions. | 我从未质疑过你的意图 |
[35:38] | Must be late for you, Mr. President. Get some sleep. | 现在对你来说很晚了 总统先生 休息去吧 |
[35:43] | I doubt either of us will be getting much sleep tonight. | 恐怕我们俩今晚都很难睡得着 |
[35:46] | But thank you for taking my call. | 谢谢你接听我的电话 |
[35:48] | Well, thank you for calling. | 也谢谢你来电 |
[35:59] | Now, there’s only one more question, and it’s a big one. | 现在只剩下一个问题 一个很重要的问题 |
[36:03] | And you’re gonna have to answer it yourselves. | 只能由你们自己回答 |
[36:06] | Who’s gonna be the next President of the United States? | 谁会成为下任美国总统 |
[36:16] | I know who I’m voting for. | 我知道我会投给谁 |
[36:20] | I’d like to thank everyone who made the last 24 hours possible. | 我想感谢办成这次24小时节目的各位 |
[36:23] | All the… the technicians and crew. | 全体技术人员和工作人员 |
[36:25] | And if we all work together the way they have, then I promise, | 如果我们能像他们一样齐心协力 那我保证 |
[36:30] | we will truly make this the first of many, many new days | 我们真的会为世界上最伟大的国家 |
[36:34] | for the greatest country in the world. | 开启崭新的未来 |
[36:38] | Good morning, America. God bless America, and thank you. | 早安 美国 天佑美国 谢谢 |
[36:44] | And we’re out. Okay, guys. | 下线了 好了 各位 |
[36:56] | You did great. | 你很棒 |
[36:58] | – You did it. – Yeah. | -你做到了 -是啊 |
[37:02] | Everyone is so pleased. | 大家都很满意 |
[37:10] | I know it was tough, but you got through it. | 我知道很辛苦 但你挺过来了 |
[37:18] | – I’m really proud of you. – Thank you. | -我很为你骄傲 -谢谢 |
[37:26] | Just some questions that I needed to answer. | 只是些我需要回答的问题 |
[37:29] | I know. But you did it. You did it. | 我知道 但你做到了 你做到了 |
[37:41] | – Great job. – That was great. | -真棒 -非常棒 |
[37:43] | – Amazing. – Thank you. | -很出色 -谢谢 |
[37:52] | Testing, testing. One, two, three. | 测试 测试 一 二 三 |
[37:55] | Testing. One, two, three. | 测试 一 二 三 |
[37:59] | A little more gain. A skosh more reverb. | 稍稍加大增益 混响再强点 |
[38:04] | Testing, testing, testing. That’s good. That’s good. | 测试 测试 很好 很好 |
[38:10] | I would like to thank the American people | 我想感谢美国人民 |
[38:13] | for their overwhelming support tonight. | 今晚十分踊跃的支持 |
[38:14] | As your next president, I do not take this mandate lightly. | 作为下任总统 我非常重视这份职责 |
[38:18] | In fact… it is heavy as hell. | 其实 压力非常大 |
[38:22] | You got a better chance than Underwood does. | 你倒是比安德伍德更有机会胜选 |
[38:31] | Those are very high heels, Bridget. | 你的高跟鞋很高 布莉姬特 |
[38:34] | When Underwood loses, the committee goes away. | 安德伍德一败选 委员会就会解散 |
[38:38] | You’re breaking my heart. | 你的话让我心痛 |
[38:40] | I was looking forward to | 我本来还期待 |
[38:41] | hearing what you had to say about Doug Stamper. | 听你说说道格·斯坦普的料 |
[38:44] | Yeah, I was looking forward to saying it. | 我本来也期待跟你说的 |
[38:48] | I came here to thank you. | 我是来道谢的 |
[38:50] | I took it down… off the Internet. | 我从网上撤掉了那个 |
[38:56] | It’s weird, talking to you about this. I mean… | 跟你谈这事很奇怪 毕竟 |
[39:01] | you saw it. | 你看过 |
[39:04] | My brother could’ve seen that. | 我弟弟本可能看到的 |
[39:06] | Do I remind you of your brother? | 我会让你想起你弟弟吗 |
[39:10] | He’s a little more present. | 他要年轻[当下]一些 |
[39:12] | Well, it’s my job to look ahead. | 我的工作是展望未来 |
[39:16] | Good luck with that. | 祝你好运 |
[39:37] | – Thank you so very much. – Thank you, sir. | -非常感谢 -谢谢 先生 |
[39:50] | We have the overnight numbers. | 我们拿到了昨晚的数据 |
[39:52] | Give me the outliers. | 告诉我异常数据 |
[39:53] | Minus two in New York. Plus two in New Hampshire. | 纽约掉了两个点 新罕布什尔涨了两个点 |
[39:56] | Both not bad. | 都不算坏 |
[39:57] | “Half-empty, half-full” is an expression I have never cared for. | 我一直不喜欢”不好不坏”这句话 |
[40:01] | The call you made last night, it’s helping. | 你昨晚的电话有作用 |
[40:03] | We grabbed the headlines this morning. | 今早登上了头条 |
[40:04] | – Doug? – Yes, sir. | -道格 -是 先生 |
[40:05] | I want you to reach out to Sally Ann back in Gaffney | 帮我联系加夫尼的萨莉·安 |
[40:07] | and get me the turnout so far. | 告诉我目前的投票率 |
[40:09] | I can get you the numbers for the state. | 我可以告诉你全州投票率 |
[40:11] | No, I don’t want that. I want the Gaffney turnout. | 我不要全州的 我要加夫尼的投票率 |
[40:15] | State numbers come in, you give them to us as they come. | 你收到陆续发来的全州数据就给我们 |
[40:17] | Anything out of the ordinary, you let us know. | 任何异常都要告诉我们 |
[40:19] | Other than that, we’re done. Oh, and, Doug? | 除此之外 没其他事了 道格 |
[40:22] | – Yes, sir. – You’ll know where to find us. | -是 先生 -你知道去哪找我们 |
[40:30] | You’re worried about the crowd we just saw. | 你担心我们刚看到的选民吗 |
[40:33] | Not the size. Their enthusiasm. | 不是人数 而是热情程度 |
[40:45] | I don’t think so. | 我看不见得 |
[40:49] | Jerry, I’m gonna have to call you back. | 杰里 我得待会儿回你电话 |
[40:52] | This 9 a.m. turnout in our base precincts or swing? | 这份九点的投票率是我们票仓的还是摇摆州的 |
[40:54] | Base. | 票仓的 |
[40:56] | Shit. | 该死 |
[41:00] | I’ve got different numbers. You’re gonna need– | 我的数据不同 你要不要… |
[41:01] | I did confirm. Twice. | 我反复确认过了 |
[41:09] | Doug, it’s me. Call me as soon as you get this. | 道格 是我 尽快回我电话 |
[41:13] | You handle just automobile insurance or all kinds? | 你只负责车险还是都有 |
[41:16] | All kinds. Fire, earthquake, | 都有 火险 地震险 |
[41:18] | theft, public liability. | 失窃险 公众责任险 |
[41:19] | Group insurance, industrial stuff, and so on right down the line. | 集体险 工业险等等 也即将覆盖 |
[41:22] | Accident insurance? | 意外险 |
[41:24] | Accident insurance? Sure, Mrs. Dietrichson. | 意外险 当然 迪特里克森夫人 |
[41:28] | Wish you’d tell me what’s engraved on that anklet. | 希望你能告诉我那脚链上刻了什么 |
[41:29] | – Just my name. – As for instance? | -我的名字而已 -未请教 |
[41:33] | – Phyllis. – Phyllis, huh? I think I like that. | -菲莉斯 -菲莉斯 我想我喜欢这名字 |
[41:36] | Let’s do this one. | 咱们来这段 |
[41:38] | I’d drive it around the block a couple of times. | 我开车绕着街区来回好多次了 |
[41:41] | Mr. Neff, why don’t you drop by tomorrow evening around 8:30? | 聂夫先生 不如你明天晚上八点半左右来吧 |
[41:44] | He’ll be in then. | 他那时候在家 |
[41:44] | – Who? – My husband. | -谁 -我丈夫 |
[41:47] | You were anxious to talk to him, weren’t you? | 你不是想和他谈吗 |
[41:49] | Yeah, I was. But, uh… | 本来是 但是… |
[41:51] | I’m sort of getting over the idea, if you know what I mean. | 我都有点忘记我的来意了 明白我的意思吗 |
[41:53] | There’s a speed limit in this state, Mr. Neff. | 这个州有最高车速限制 聂夫先生 |
[41:55] | Forty-five miles an hour. | 每小时四十五英里 |
[41:57] | – How fast was I going, Officer? – I’d say around 90. | -我开了多快 警官 -大概每小时九十英里 |
[42:00] | Suppose you get off that motorcycle and give me a ticket. | 看来你要从摩托车上下来 给我开罚单了 |
[42:03] | So I’d let you off with a warning this time. | 我这次就给你一个警告 |
[42:05] | Suppose it doesn’t take. | 如果我不吸取教训呢 |
[42:06] | Suppose I have to whack you over the knuckles. | 那估计我就得给你一拳了 |
[42:09] | Suppose I burst out crying and put my head on your shoulder. | 如果我嚎啕大哭 把头靠在你肩膀上呢 |
[42:12] | Suppose you try putting that on my husband’s shoulders. | 如果你把头靠在我丈夫的肩膀上呢 |
[42:15] | That tears it. | 美梦破灭了 |
[42:20] | I’m just not in the mood– | 我就是没心情 |
[42:21] | Oh, no. Come on, it’s tradition. | 不 拜托 这是传统 |
[42:22] | If Doug needs us, he’ll call. | 如果道格需要我们 他会打电话的 |
[42:24] | Yes, but it’s different this time. There’s so much going on– | 是 但是这次不一样 发生了太多事 |
[42:26] | – I know, but call me superstitious. – We’re in here. | -我知道 就当我迷信吧 -我们在这里 |
[42:28] | But we have done this every election we have ever won. | 但我们赢的每一次的选举都会这么做 |
[42:31] | – Come on. – I wonder if I know what you mean. | -拜托 -我不确定我是否明白你的意思 |
[42:34] | I wonder if you wonder. | 我不确定你是否真不确定 |
[42:39] | It was a hot afternoon, and I still remember | 那是一个炎热的下午 我还记得 |
[42:41] | the smell of honeysuckle all down that street. | 那条街上金银花的气味 |
[42:45] | How could I have known that murder… | 我怎么知道谋杀… |
[42:47] | can sometimes smell like honeysuckle? | 有时闻起来就如金银花一般 |
[42:49] | Maybe you would’ve known, Keyes, | 也许你就会知道 凯耶斯 |
[42:51] | the minute she mentioned accident insurance. | 就在她提到意外险的那一刻 |
[42:53] | But I didn’t. I felt like a million. | 但我没发觉 我感觉好极了 |
[42:56] | Yes. | 怎么了 |
[42:57] | I went back to the office to see if I had any mail. | 我回办公室看我是否有邮件 |
[43:01] | Well, what do you mean they don’t match? | 什么叫并不相符 |
[43:04] | In my home state? | 在我的家乡 |
[43:09] | Well, you and LeAnn better get over here right now. | 你和莉安最好马上给我过来 |
[43:12] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[43:15] | There’s something wrong with the numbers in the precincts | 我们今天早上得到的一些选区的数字 |
[43:17] | that we’re getting from this morning. They don’t match up. | 有些问题 它们并不相符 |
[43:20] | It’s never happened before in South Carolina. | 这在南卡罗莱纳从没发生过 |
[43:26] | Well, you have nothing to say about that? | 你没什么要说的吗 |
[43:28] | I’m sure the numbers are wrong. | 我相信是搞错了 |
[43:29] | You don’t believe that for a second. | 你才不那么想呢 |
[43:34] | I can’t win with you. | 我说不过你 |
[43:37] | No matter what I say. | 不管我说什么 |
[43:40] | How many times did you walk me home? | 你送我回家过几次 |
[43:43] | What? | 什么 |
[43:47] | I don’t know. Probably a handful. | 不知道 大概就几次吧 |
[43:50] | No, it wasn’t a handful. | 不 并不是几次 |
[43:53] | It was 18… in a month. | 一个月有18次 |
[44:00] | It was on my way home. | 我顺路 |
[44:04] | – And what are you saying? – Nothing. It was on my way home. | -你什么意思 -没什么 我正好顺路 |
[44:07] | No, it wasn’t just on your way home. | 不 不是顺路 |
[44:09] | We tried to go to the Museum of Fine Arts. | 我们想去艺术博物馆 |
[44:10] | – It was closed. It was freezing that day. – Yeah. | -但那儿关门了 那天很冷 -对 |
[44:12] | – And this was on in your room. – It was. | -你房间里播着这部电影 -是的 |
[44:16] | And I asked you to kiss me. I made you kiss me. | 我让你吻我 我逼你吻我 |
[44:19] | No, you didn’t make me kiss you. I wanted to kiss you. | 不 你没有逼我吻你 我想吻你的 |
[44:24] | And anyway, I knew we were | 不管怎样 我知道我们 |
[44:26] | gonna spend the rest of our lives together. | 会携手共度余生 |
[44:29] | And we are. | 是的 |
[44:31] | No regrets, no matter what. | 无论如何 绝不后悔 |
[44:35] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[44:35] | What do you mean by that, “No matter what”? | 你那是什么意思 “无论如何” |
[44:38] | – You think we’re gonna lose? – No! | -你觉得我们会输 -不 |
[44:42] | No. | 不 |
[44:51] | Are we together? | 我们是一起的吗 |
[44:52] | Yes, we’re together. No matter what– | 是的 我们是一起的 无论如何 |
[44:55] | No, not “No matter what.” Are we together? | 不 没有”无论如何” 我们是一起的吗 |
[45:00] | We’re together, Francis. | 我们是一起的 弗兰西斯 |
[45:02] | Then don’t ever bring up losing around me again. | 那就再不要跟我提起失败了 |
[45:05] | – That’s the boy. – Thank you, Mr. Keyes. | -是那个男孩 -谢谢 凯耶斯先生 |
[45:12] | What kind of an outfit is this, anyway? | 这是家什么公司 |
[45:14] | Are we an insurance company | 我们是保险公司 |
[45:15] | or just a bunch of dim-witted amateurs | 还是一群给那种白痴 |
[45:16] | to write a policy on a mug like that? | 开保单的弱智 |
[45:18] | Now, wait a minute, Keyes. I don’t rate this beef. | 等一下 凯耶斯 他不是我评估的 |
[45:19] | The turnout in Philly is lower than they’re saying. | 费城的投票率比他们说的要低 |
[45:22] | – How much lower? – 30% in our key precincts. | -低多少 -我们的关键选区低30% |
[45:24] | Thirty? How? | 30 怎么会这样 |
[45:26] | It’s not just Pennsylvania. People aren’t voting. | 不只是宾州 大家都没来投票 |
[45:28] | Their people, our people. | 他们的人 我们的人 |
[45:29] | Wait. If Conway’s got Pennsylvania, | 等等 如果康威拿下了宾州 |
[45:31] | then he’s got Ohio. | 那他也会拿下俄亥俄 |
[45:32] | If he’s got Ohio, then we lose. | 如果他拿下俄亥俄 我们就输了 |
[45:34] | – How did this happen? – I’ll tell them. | -这是怎么发生的 -我去告诉他们 |
[45:36] | That is one thing you are not doing. | 这件事不用你做 |
[45:42] | That was all there was to it. | 都办妥了 |
[45:43] | Nothing had slipped, nothing had been overlooked. | 没有疏忽 没有忽略 |
[45:46] | There was nothing to give us away. | 没有什么会暴露我们 |
[45:48] | And yet, Keyes, | 然而 凯耶斯 |
[45:49] | as I was walking down the street to the drugstore, | 当我沿街走去药店时 |
[45:52] | suddenly it came over me that everything would go wrong. | 我突然意识到一切都会出错 |
[45:55] | It sounds crazy, Keyes, | 这听起来有点疯狂 凯耶斯 |
[45:56] | but it’s true, so help me. | 但这是真的 帮我 |
[45:59] | I couldn’t hear my own footsteps. | 我甚至听不到自己的脚步声 |
[46:04] | It was the walk of a dead man. | 就好像一具行尸 |
[46:10] | That was the longest night I ever lived through, Keyes. | 那是我度过最长的一夜 凯耶斯 |
[46:13] | And the next day was worse when the story broke in the papers. | 第二天事情见报后 就更糟了 |
[46:16] | They started talking about it at the office. | 他们开始在办公室里谈论 |
[46:19] | And the day after that, when you started digging into it. | 第三天 你开始调查 |
[46:22] | I kept my hands in my pockets | 我一直把手揣在口袋里 |
[46:23] | because I thought they were shaking. | 因为我以为它们在颤抖 |
[46:26] | I put on dark glasses so people couldn’t see my eyes, | 我戴了深色眼镜好让别人看不到我的眼睛 |
[46:28] | then I took them off again | 然后我又把眼镜摘了 |
[46:29] | so they wouldn’t get to wondering why I wore them. | 他们就不会好奇我为什么要戴了 |
[46:32] | – I tried to hold myself together but… – Thank you. | -我努力想振作起来 但是… -谢谢 |
[46:35] | …I could feel my nerves pulling me to pieces. | 我能感觉到我的神经在崩溃 |
[46:44] | Get me Sally Ann | 给我接南卡罗莱纳 |
[46:45] | in the Cherokee County clerk’s office in South Carolina. | 切诺基县书记官萨莉·安 |
[46:48] | I’ll hold. | 我等着 |
[46:52] | They overestimated the turnouts in Pennsylvania by 30%. | 他们把宾州的投票率高估了30% |
[47:00] | Hi, y’all. | 你好啊 |
[47:02] | Well, now, do not call me “Sir.” | 不要叫我”阁下” |
[47:04] | This is Francis Underwood. | 我是弗兰西斯·安德伍德 |
[47:05] | We’ve known each other too long for that. | 我们认识这么久了 不用来这套 |
[47:09] | So, Sally, how was turnout today? | 那么 萨莉 今天的投票率怎么样 |
[47:12] | Well, I was just really actually looking for Cherokee County. | 我就想知道切诺基郡的数据 |
[47:18] | Yes, I just wanted to hear it for myself. | 是的 我只是想亲耳听到 |
[47:21] | Great. Thank you. | 很好 谢谢 |
[47:24] | And we send our love to Henry and the boys. | 代我们跟亨利和孩子们问好 |
[47:27] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[47:33] | – It’s low. – What do you mean, “low”? | -有点低 -你说”低”是什么意思 |
[47:42] | Low. | 就是很低 |
[50:00] | I was thinking about that anklet. | 我刚在想那条脚链 |
[50:02] | And what are you thinking about now? | 你现在在想什么 |
[50:04] | I’m all through thinking, baby. | 我不想再想了 宝贝 |
[50:07] | I just came to say goodbye. | 我只是过来说再见 |
[50:08] | Goodbye? Where are you going? | 再见 你要去哪 |
[50:11] | You’re the one that’s going, baby. Not me. | 要走的是你 宝贝 不是我 |
[50:13] | I’m getting off the trolley car right at this corner. | 我要在这个街角下电车 |
[50:16] | Suppose you stop being fancy. Let’s have it, whatever it is. | 别卖关子了 不管是什么 直说吧 |
[50:19] | All right, I’ll tell you. | 好吧 我来告诉你 |
[50:21] | Friend of mine’s got a funny theory… | 我一个朋友有个有趣的理论 |
[50:23] | You know what this means, don’t you? | 你知道这意味着什么 是吧 |
[50:26] | This is our house. | 这是我们的地盘 |
[50:29] | We are not leaving. | 我们绝不会离开 |
[50:32] | The last stop’s a cemetery. | 终点站是个墓地 |
[50:34] | 南北战争后 联邦政府就开始大规模 系统地向退伍军人提供一系列福利 相关的行政部门经过多次重组 从1930年的胡佛政府开始 退伍军人相关的福利发放工作 统一由”退伍军人部”负责 1944年由富兰克林·罗斯福签署的《士兵法案》 几经修改 目前仍是向退伍士兵提供福利的最重要的一个联邦法案 2017年特朗普政府提交的预算草案中 退伍军人部的预算为1823亿美元 而且美国公众对军人也非常尊敬 他们享受很多优待 优惠和优先 但许多军人从战场上归来后 无法适应普通人的生活 发展出精神或心理上的疾病 出现酗酒 吸毒等问题 甚至自杀 而退伍军人部作为一个庞大的联邦机构 运作效率低下 官僚之风盛行 屡屡爆出丑闻后 在官僚体制下 一些相关的责任人却未得到惩处 2017年4月27日 美国总统特朗普签署行政命令 在退伍军人部内成立一个新机构 加强对相关事务的监管 |