时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | You and I have some things in common. | 你和我有共同点 |
[00:05] | We both dislike the president. | 我们都讨厌总统 |
[00:06] | How well do you know President Underwood, sir? | 你和安德伍德总统熟悉吗 先生 |
[00:08] | I’ve known the president four years. | 我认识总统4年了 |
[00:10] | Isn’t it a fact that it was Francis Underwood | 是弗兰西斯·安德伍德 |
[00:12] | and not President Walker who first suggested you should resign? | 而不是沃克总统最先建议你辞职的吧 |
[00:16] | Having trouble starting it? | 发动不了吗 |
[00:18] | Yeah. I think the battery might be dead. | 是的 可能电池没电了吧 |
[00:20] | I have some cables if you want to try and jump it. | 如果你想试试跨接启动 我有电线 |
[00:23] | You sure you don’t mind? | 这真的不麻烦吗 |
[00:24] | Not at all. | 一点也不 |
[00:26] | Sources are telling us that Francis Underwood | 有消息源称 不久前 |
[00:28] | conceded to Governor Conway on the phone | 弗兰西斯·安德伍德致电康威州长 |
[00:30] | only a short time ago. | 承认落选 |
[00:32] | I suspect their numbers are matching up with ours. | 我猜测他们收到的数字跟我们的相符 |
[00:34] | I don’t care if he loses. | 我不在乎他输不输 |
[00:37] | I’m not talking about the election. I’m talking about you. | 我不是指选举 我是说你 |
[00:41] | \h艾·麦卡伦 莉 我受不了了 对不起 麦卡… | |
[00:41] | What will happen to you? | 你会怎么样 |
[00:44] | …fear from continued terrorist threats | 持续的恐怖主义威胁带来的恐慌… |
[00:45] | 诺克斯维尔投票中心疏散 田纳西州诺克斯维尔 | |
[00:46] | and the disturbing news coming out of Tennessee… | 和田纳西州传出的令人不安的消息 |
[00:48] | I was forced to close a number of our polling places. | 让我不得不关闭几个我们的投票站 |
[00:51] | Fuck me. | 操 |
[00:54] | At least six states will not have certified vote totals | 至少六个州将不能在2016的选举夜 |
[00:56] | on Election Night 2016. | 认证计票结果 |
[00:59] | What? You think I learned nothing from Al Gore? | 怎么 你以为我没从戈尔那里学到教训吗 |
[01:02] | – Not my president! – Not my president! | -不是我的总统 -不是我的总统 |
[01:05] | – Not my president! – Not my president! | -不是我的总统 -不是我的总统 |
[01:08] | – Not my president! – Not my president! | -不是我的总统 -不是我的总统 |
[01:11] | – Not my president! – Not my president! | -不是我的总统 -不是我的总统 |
[01:14] | – Not my president! – Not my president! | -不是我的总统 -不是我的总统 |
[01:18] | The people are angry. | 人民很愤怒 |
[01:20] | Nine weeks ago, we had an election in this country, | 九周前 我们国家举行了一场大选 |
[01:22] | but because two states refused to certify, | 但是由于两个州拒绝认证选举结果 |
[01:25] | neither Conway nor myself received the 270 electoral votes | 康威和我都没拿到270张选举人票 |
[01:29] | required for victory. | 而这是胜选的必要条件 |
[01:31] | So they gather here every morning | 所以他们每天早上聚集在这里 |
[01:33] | to exercise their magnificent right, | 来履行他们神圣的权利 |
[01:36] | guaranteed by the First Amendment… | 被第一修正案保障的权利 |
[01:39] | to let their angry voices be heard. | 发出他们愤怒的声音 |
[01:44] | And so, Thanksgiving, Christmas, | 就这样 感恩节 圣诞节 |
[01:47] | and half of January have come and gone, | 再加上半个一月来了又去 |
[01:50] | and all three branches of government are in crisis. | 政府的三大分支全都深陷危机 |
[01:53] | The Congress is in disarray, | 国会吵成一团 |
[01:55] | the Supreme Court is down a justice and doomed to deadlock, | 最高法院少了一位法官 必将陷入僵局 |
[01:58] | and the executive branch is without a boss. | 而行政机关也群龙无首 |
[02:02] | You see, my feeling is, | 你看 我觉得 |
[02:03] | I think the Founding Fathers, they just got tired. | 国父们就是乏了 |
[02:06] | And really, can you blame them? | 说真的 谁能怪他们呢 |
[02:07] | I mean, you can’t think of everything. | 你怎么可能把方方面面都考虑周全 |
[02:09] | Black swans, Murphy’s Law. | 各种意外 各种难以避免的灾难 |
[02:11] | I mean, at a certain point, | 到了一定程度 |
[02:12] | you just have to sign off and cross your goddamn fingers | 你也只能放弃 交叉手指 |
[02:15] | and hope for the best. | 祈求能有个好结果 |
[02:17] | Or adopt “flipism,” | 或者使用”扔硬币原理” |
[02:20] | a pseudo-philosophy of life in which | 这是一种伪哲学 意思是 |
[02:21] | the most important decisions are made by the flipping of a coin. | 生活中最重要的事都要通过扔硬币来决定 |
[02:25] | It was first introduced in the Disney comic book | 这个说法最先出现在迪士尼的漫画书 |
[02:28] | Flip Decision, one of my favorites, | 《硬币决定法》里 我最喜欢这期了 |
[02:30] | in which Donald Duck is persuaded by Professor Batty | 里面讲到巴蒂教授说服唐老鸭 |
[02:33] | to make all the most important decisions | 所有重大的人生决定 |
[02:35] | based on the flipping of a coin. | 都通过扔硬币来决断 |
[02:37] | “Life is but a gamble. | “生活就是场赌博 |
[02:39] | Let flipism guide your ramble.” | 让扔硬币原理指引你” |
[02:44] | We’ve had this sort of trouble before. | 我们以前也有过这种麻烦 |
[02:46] | The election of 1800, Jefferson versus Burr. | 1800年大选 杰斐逊对伯尔 |
[02:49] | They wound up in a tie. 73 electoral votes each. | 他们最后打成了平手 每人73张选举人票 |
[02:52] | That was the number required then, | 那是当时的胜选票数 |
[02:54] | and that’s when Congress tried to address | 这时国会试图解决这种 |
[02:56] | what the Founding Fathers just couldn’t imagine. | 国父们根本想象不到的局面 |
[02:59] | And, poof, the Twelfth Amendment was born. | 于是 第十二修正案诞生了 |
[03:03] | And it says that if the states don’t certify, | 里面说 如果各州不能认证选举结果 |
[03:07] | it’s the House that chooses the president | 那么就由众议院来挑选总统 |
[03:09] | and the Senate that chooses the vice president. | 由参议院来选副总统 |
[03:11] | Now the House is a bit of a mess, | 众议院有点乱 说不清楚 |
[03:12] | but the Senate is rather democratic in how they choose the VP. | 但是参议院选副总统的办法可是挺民主的 |
[03:15] | One person, one vote. | 一人一票 |
[03:17] | But if there’s a tie… | 但如果还是平局 |
[03:20] | and this is where Donald Duck comes in, | 就该唐老鸭登场了 |
[03:22] | it’s resolved… | 选举的结果 |
[03:24] | by the toss of a coin. | 全看这硬币一扔 |
[03:26] | A solution that’s elegant as hell. | 这办法简洁得见了鬼 |
[03:28] | But then there’s no elegance in modern politics. | 不过现代政治哪有什么简洁可言 |
[03:30] | It’s mostly hell. | 只剩下见鬼了 |
[03:35] | The identity of the next President of these United States | 美国总统的宝座花落谁家 |
[03:38] | is once again in the hands of a bunch of | 决定权再次落到了这一帮 |
[03:40] | self-serving, money-hungry, | 自私自利 嗜财如命 |
[03:42] | boot-licking, power-seeking politicians | 阿谀谄媚 贪恋权势的政治家手里 |
[03:45] | who can be seduced or sucker punched | 而加以利诱 或者迎头痛击 |
[03:47] | or blackmailed into submission. | 或者要挟就能让他们服从 |
[03:50] | And all I need is just one more vote than the other guy. | 我只需要比另一个人多一票就行 |
[03:56] | As you can see, the Founding Fathers didn’t plan for this. | 如你所见 国父们根本没想到会有这种局面 |
[04:01] | But I did. | 而我想到了 |
[04:10] | Meet your new daddy. | 我就是你的新爹 |
[06:03] | Right. | 好 |
[06:05] | You can feel it, right? It’s like you’re there. | 你能感觉到 对吧 简直身临其境 |
[06:10] | Doesn’t that look just like it? | 是不是跟真的一样 |
[06:13] | To me, it is that place. | 在我看来简直就是那个地方 |
[06:25] | You okay, man? | 你还好吧 |
[06:27] | Yeah. Of course. | 好 当然好了 |
[06:29] | It really helps. Very effective. | 真的有帮助 很管用的 |
[06:32] | Yeah. I’d be happy to help you find more funding for it. | 是啊 我很乐意帮你拉更多投资来 |
[06:37] | If you’re feeling a little worked up… | 如果你情绪有点激动的话 |
[06:39] | What? | 什么 |
[06:42] | Little worked up? | 情绪激动 |
[06:45] | I was elected President of the United States over two months ago. | 两个多月以前我就当选成为美国总统了 |
[06:49] | But somehow, Congress is now deciding the election. | 但不知为何 现在国会将决定选举结果 |
[06:51] | So forgive me for being a little… | 所以原谅我有些 |
[06:53] | – Will… – …worked up. | -威尔 -情绪激动 |
[06:55] | I don’t think Tony was implying anything. | 东尼应该不是话中有话 |
[06:59] | Of course. Good. | 当然 那好 |
[07:02] | I’m gonna get myself ready. | 我去准备一下 |
[07:03] | I don’t want to go to the event looking like this. | 我可不想这副样子去参加活动 |
[07:05] | Right. | 是啊 |
[07:08] | Thanks, Tony. | 谢谢 东尼 |
[07:17] | Romero’s chief of staff insists he’s not in town. | 罗梅洛的幕僚长坚称他不在这儿 |
[07:19] | – And do you believe her? – No. | -你相信她吗 -不 |
[07:21] | But she’s been in D.C. longer than he has. | 但她在特区待得比他久 |
[07:24] | At some point she’ll take care of herself. | 她总会顾及自己的 |
[07:25] | Well, did you tell her I have no interest in discussing | 你告没告诉她 我不想跟他谈 |
[07:27] | the Declaration of War Committee with him? | 宣战委员会的事 |
[07:29] | I expressed our desire | 我表明了 |
[07:30] | for a civil and productive meeting with the Congressman. | 我们想跟议员进行一次客气而有成效的谈话 |
[07:33] | Well, find him. | 找到他 |
[07:33] | If he wants to hide from me, | 要是他想躲着我 |
[07:34] | he can do it to my face. | 那就当着我的面做 |
[07:35] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[07:37] | And, Doug. | 还有 道格 |
[07:41] | How many protestors are out there today? | 今天外面有多少抗议者 |
[07:44] | More than yesterday. | 比昨天多 |
[07:46] | But they’re doing their best | 但他们已经尽力 |
[07:47] | to divert them away from the White House. | 让他们远离白宫了 |
[07:50] | I don’t know what’s worse… | 我不知道哪样更糟 |
[07:52] | the sound of their chanting | 是他们抗议喊口号的声音 |
[07:54] | or the sound of silence when they’re not. | 还是他们不喊时的寂静 |
[08:00] | I’ll get to work, sir. | 我去工作了 先生 |
[08:27] | Good morning, Augustus. | 早上好 奥古斯都 |
[08:29] | Well, Eric, I… | 艾瑞克 我… |
[08:32] | I’m sorry. They told me to sit, but, uh– | 抱歉 他们让我坐着 但 |
[08:34] | No, no, no. It’s perfectly fine. I… | 没事 完全没关系 我 |
[08:37] | I can’t imagine anyone else who would… | 我想不到还有谁 |
[08:41] | well, enjoy this more than you. | 会比你更喜欢这个 |
[08:45] | You know, I only started it | 我们在斯波特瑟尔韦尼亚相遇后 |
[08:47] | after you and I met in Spotsylvania. | 我才开始做的这个 |
[08:50] | The attention to detail is… It’s just… | 你对细节的注重简直是 |
[08:53] | It is, yes. | 没错 |
[08:58] | I’ve got… | 我有 |
[09:00] | I mean, I… | 我 |
[09:04] | I’m sorry, I’m a… a little overwhelmed by the moment. | 抱歉 我现在有点不知所错 |
[09:07] | It’s just… | 就是 |
[09:10] | I have this feeling, as if, uh… | 我有一种感觉 就好像 |
[09:14] | I’ve imagined this somehow. | 我曾经想象过这个场景 |
[09:17] | I know that sounds, uh… | 我知道这听起来 |
[09:23] | You’ve even got the button on his haversack. | 你连他背包上的扣子都做出来了 |
[09:26] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[09:28] | I think people underestimate… | 我觉得人们会低估 |
[09:33] | the importance of detail… | 注重细节 |
[09:36] | to the overall impact. | 对整体感觉的影响 |
[09:43] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:45] | The Bloody Angle experts would be very impressed. | 血腥角专家肯定会非常钦佩的 |
[09:49] | When we met in Spotsylvania, how did you know… | 我们在斯波特瑟尔韦尼亚相遇时 你怎么知道 |
[09:54] | so many specific things about Augustus, uh… | 那么多关于奥古斯都的细节 |
[09:58] | about Augustus Underwood’s death? | 关于奥古斯都·安德伍德之死 |
[10:00] | I mean, the very spot where he died? | 知道他牺牲的确切地点 |
[10:02] | The… the fact that his skull had been crushed with a rock? | 知道他的脑袋被石头砸扁了 |
[10:04] | That they buried him in an unmarked grave? I mean… | 知道他们把他葬在无名冢里 |
[10:09] | the detail of all that. | 这么多细节 |
[10:12] | Hope you’ll forgive me, uh… | 希望你能原谅我 |
[10:15] | For? | 原谅什么 |
[10:17] | I was meeting Vice President Francis Underwood. | 我那天见到了副总统弗兰西斯·安德伍德 |
[10:20] | I… thought he deserved a good story. | 我觉得应该给他讲个精彩的传说 |
[10:30] | Wait, wait a minute. You… | 慢着 等等 |
[10:34] | – you made all that up? – Well… | -那些全是你编的 -那个 |
[10:37] | I took some liberties. | 我自由发挥了一下 |
[10:44] | But, well, I don’t know, once it started, | 但 我也说不好 我一开了头 |
[10:45] | it came to me so clearly… | 就能清晰地看见了 |
[10:53] | – It’s Eric, yeah? – Yes, sir. | -艾瑞克 对吗 -对 先生 |
[11:04] | The crowd? | 抗议人群吗 |
[11:09] | Yes. I’m sorry, what were you about to say? | 对 抱歉 你刚才要说什么 |
[11:16] | I don’t mean to overstep, sir… | 我无意唐突 先生 |
[11:19] | but the people out there… | 但外面的人 |
[11:22] | I don’t care what they’re saying. | 我不在乎他们说什么 |
[11:24] | And the way I see it, a person’s destiny is, you know… | 在我看来 人的命运 |
[11:28] | sealed. | 是注定的 |
[11:31] | We are in uncharted territory here. | 我们踏入了未知领域 |
[11:33] | All right. But, Donny, do me a favor, okay? | 好 但是唐尼 帮个忙好吗 |
[11:35] | – Let the Constitution– – Can I finish? | -让宪法 -我能说完吗 |
[11:37] | Hold on. Just let the Constitution do its job. | 等等 让宪法行使它的职责 |
[11:39] | Okay, Joe, Joe, I’m gonna finish for once. | 好吧 乔 让我说完一次 |
[11:41] | You’ve got voters filing individual suits… | 现在有选民提起个诉 |
[11:44] | – Right. – …in Tennessee and Ohio, | -对 -田纳西和俄亥俄都有 |
[11:45] | and they are jammed up in the Supreme Court. | 都堆在最高法院了 |
[11:46] | Like everything else, | 就像别的一切 |
[11:47] | the day-to-day workings of this country are on hold. | 这个国家的日常事务被中断了 |
[11:50] | Okay, they may be on hold, but guess what? | 好 或许是被中断了 但你猜怎么 |
[11:52] | Last time I checked, | 据我所知 |
[11:53] | everybody was still getting their Social Security checks. | 大家仍然在领社保支票 |
[11:55] | Yeah, but if the debt limit is reached? | 没错 但如果达到债务上限了呢 |
[11:57] | Come on. Let me finish now. | 拜托 让我说完 |
[11:59] | Again, it’s why we have a Constitution. | 再说一遍 这就是为什么我们有宪法 |
[12:01] | I know it looks messy. | 我知道看上去很混乱 |
[12:03] | Democracy’s messy. But guess what? | 民主就很混乱 但你猜怎么 |
[12:06] | There is a method to that madness. | 这种乱局是有规律的 |
[12:08] | I don’t know, Joe. | 我说不好 乔 |
[12:08] | It’s more madness than method right now. | 如今是混乱胜过规律 |
[12:10] | I mean, if the government does shut down, | 如果政府停摆 |
[12:12] | those Social Security checks, they might not go out. | 那些社保支票或许就要停发 |
[12:14] | If the government shuts down, | 如果政府停摆 |
[12:15] | who knows if Congress can even pick a president? | 谁知道国会还能不能选出总统 |
[12:17] | Each state in the House just gets one vote. | 众议院的每个州只有一票 |
[12:20] | So if smaller states like Delaware and Rhode Island | 那么如果特拉华州和罗德岛州这样的小州 |
[12:23] | can’t reach a consensus… | 不能达成共识 |
[12:24] | – Right. – No, it’s true. | -嗯 -不 是这样的 |
[12:25] | I mean, if one or two of these | 如果一两个 |
[12:27] | really stubborn members of Congress | 非常固执的国会成员 |
[12:29] | decides they’re going to hold this up, it could be months. | 决定顽固抵抗 可能要耗数月 |
[12:30] | Look, that’s what I’m saying. | 我正是这个意思 |
[12:31] | The road to 26 votes is not an easy one. | 得到26张选票并不容易 |
[12:33] | All right. Strange days indeed, Mika. | 好吧 时局确实奇怪 米卡 |
[12:41] | So are these the start to short stories? | 这些是短篇小说的开头吗 |
[12:47] | They’re nothing yet. Fragments. | 现在还不是什么 只是片段 |
[12:50] | Pieces. | 碎片 |
[12:54] | I mean, clearly, this is about me. | 显然这是关于我的 |
[12:57] | This is my mother. | 这是我母亲 |
[13:00] | And this is us. | 这是我们 |
[13:03] | – You can’t write– – I’m writing. | -你不能写 -我要写 |
[13:07] | It’s what I do. I’m a writer. | 这是我的工作 我是个作家 |
[13:09] | I know you’re frustrated, Tom, but– | 我知道你很不满 汤姆 但是 |
[13:11] | I wouldn’t say frustrated. | 不是不满 |
[13:11] | Well, it’s invasive. | 这是侵犯 |
[13:15] | – Write about your own experiences. – This is my experience. | -写你自己的经历 -这是我的经历 |
[13:18] | Listen, Tom, | 听着 汤姆 |
[13:20] | just because we’ve decided Francis and I need to stay here, | 我们决定弗兰西斯和我要留在这里 |
[13:22] | doesn’t mean you have to. | 不代表你也是 |
[13:23] | So if you have things you need to do, | 如果你有事 |
[13:24] | you should go ahead and do them. | 就应该去做 |
[13:26] | I’ll be spending my day convincing the Senate to vote for me, | 我这一天得说服参议院给我投票 |
[13:29] | so there’s no speeches necessary. | 不需要演讲 |
[13:32] | Yeah, okay. | 好 |
[13:34] | You know what? I do have some things to do. | 你知道吗 我确实有事情要做 |
[13:36] | Some people I need to check in with. So… | 我需要去找一些人 所以 |
[13:38] | Tom. | 汤姆 |
[13:40] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[13:43] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[13:45] | You ready, Mrs. Underwood? | 准备好了吗 安德伍德夫人 |
[13:52] | I’ll have a car waiting for you. | 我会安排一辆车等你 |
[14:03] | So do you want the good news or the bad news first? | 你想先听好消息还是坏消息 |
[14:06] | Always the bad. | 永远先听坏消息 |
[14:08] | The president’s approvals are down to 19%. | 总统的支持率已跌至19% |
[14:12] | And the good? | 好消息 |
[14:13] | They’re worse for Congress. | 国会情况更糟 |
[14:14] | And you’re at 30. | 而你是30% |
[14:18] | Well, thankfully it’s congress we have to convince now, | 幸好我们现在要说服的是国会 |
[14:20] | not the public. | 不是民众 |
[14:22] | These are the remaining senators we’ll target before the vote. | 这些是选举前我们要解决的剩下的参议员 |
[14:24] | All women, by the way. | 对了 都是女人 |
[14:26] | The biggest challenges will be | 最大的挑战将是 |
[14:28] | Indiana’s freshman senator Susan Newman. | 印第安纳州的新晋参议员苏珊·纽曼 |
[14:31] | The constitutional lawyer? | 宪法律师 |
[14:33] | And Hawaii’s Kerry Kuilima, | 以及夏威夷的凯芮·奎立马 |
[14:34] | who seems to be enjoying | 她似乎很高兴 |
[14:35] | getting to wield a little power for once. | 终于能有一次实权了 |
[14:39] | I need to tell you, there is a lot of pushback on the Hill | 我必须告诉你 国会对同时为 |
[14:43] | about the simultaneous vote for president and VP. | 总统和副总统投票抵触情绪很高 |
[14:46] | The country is terrified it’ll lead to a split ticket. | 国民很担心这会导致总统副总统不同党 |
[14:48] | There’s threats of a filibuster. | 有人可能阻挠议事 |
[14:50] | Well, the Dems won the Senate, | 参议院现在是民主党的 |
[14:52] | and they want to vote when the House does. | 他们想跟众议院一起投票的 |
[14:54] | That decision’s been made. | 这已经决定了 |
[14:57] | And the vice president won’t allow a filibuster of any kind | 副总统也不会允许议员以任何形式 |
[15:00] | onto the floor. | 阻挠议事 |
[15:02] | Ma’am, have you contemplated how it could possibly work, | 夫人 你有没有考虑过这样的结果 |
[15:04] | you as vice president to President Conway? | 你做康威总统的副总统 |
[15:08] | That’s not going to happen. | 不会那样的 |
[15:13] | Of course. | 当然 |
[15:19] | I did learn one true thing about Augustus Underwood. | 我倒是真知道奥古斯都·安德伍德的一件事 |
[15:22] | What? | 什么事 |
[15:25] | He was dead. Cold. | 他死了 真死了 |
[15:28] | They put him on a cart… | 他的尸体被放在一辆马车上… |
[15:30] | bunch of dead bodies to bury. | 上面有好多有待埋葬的尸体 |
[15:33] | Then, after a full day and night… | 一天一夜之后… |
[15:37] | he woke up. | 他醒了 |
[15:41] | What? | 什么 |
[15:42] | Someone stole his shoes and the buttons off his uniform, but… | 有人偷走了他的鞋和军服上的扣子 但是 |
[15:47] | he lived. | 他活过来了 |
[15:49] | Few days later, he caught up to his regiment. | 几天后 他赶上了他所在的军团 |
[15:54] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[16:04] | I have to get back to the madness. | 我得回去面对那些混乱了 |
[16:06] | I hope I get to see you again, Mr. President. | 希望还能再见到你 总统先生 |
[16:19] | Eric… what do you do when you’re not, | 艾瑞克…你不参加重演活动时 |
[16:23] | reenacting? | 都干些什么 |
[16:25] | I’m an actor. | 我是一名演员 |
[16:27] | Sometimes. | 有时候是吧 |
[16:27] | I mean, I’d do a lot more if someone would let me. | 只要有人雇 我也可以干其它的 |
[16:30] | So, right now, I’m mostly a personal trainer. | 现在 我主要做私人教练 |
[16:33] | – A personal trainer? – Yeah. | -私人教练 -是的 |
[16:38] | You know where to find me. | 你知道我的联系方式 |
[16:41] | And, sir… | 还有 总统阁下… |
[16:44] | no matter how dire things look… | 不管情况看起来多糟糕… |
[16:47] | you’re gonna come out of this alive. | 你都能熬出头的 |
[16:52] | You’re an Underwood, after all. | 你毕竟是安德伍德家的人 |
[17:02] | No, don’t… don’t “Chief-of-staff” me, Eleanor. | 不 别耍嘴皮子 埃莉诺 |
[17:05] | No, don’t give me his schedule. | 不 不要给我他的行程 |
[17:06] | I don’t want to hear | 我不想知道 |
[17:07] | about how Congressman Romero is meeting with his constituents | 罗梅洛议员在会见选民 |
[17:10] | or stuck on an Acela train. | 或是滞留在阿西乐特快上了 |
[17:15] | You know, it’s Fazio, right? | 你叫法齐奥 对吗 |
[17:17] | The pronunciation? | 是这么发音的吧 |
[17:18] | Eleanor Fazio? | 埃莉诺·法齐奥 |
[17:20] | I… I just want to be sure. | 我只是想确认一下 |
[17:22] | Because when the president wins, and he is going to win, | 因为等总统获胜 他一定会获胜的 |
[17:25] | I will remember your name. | 我会记得你的 |
[17:28] | I still need you to review this release. | 我还是需要你过目一下这篇发布稿 |
[17:31] | Now, obviously, the goal is | 很明显 目标是 |
[17:32] | to combat the “hiding out” narrative, | 抵住”躲藏”的论调 |
[17:33] | emphasizing the work that they’re doing. | 强调他们正在做的工作 |
[17:37] | – Is it a personal matter? – Business. | -私事吗 -公事 |
[17:40] | It’s always business. | 我只有公事 |
[17:41] | I’ll e-mail you my sign off. | 我会签好字电邮给你的 |
[17:43] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[17:44] | I need an update on their schedule for tomorrow. | 我需要他们明天的最新行程 |
[17:47] | – We’re almost there. – I want to know how you found out. | -胜利就在眼前 -告诉我你是怎么知道的 |
[17:49] | If he needs help, | 如果他需要帮助 |
[17:50] | that can happen after he makes it to the White House. | 等他入主白宫后随时可以找我 |
[17:52] | Mark, you’re not answering my question. | 马克 你还没有回答我的问题 |
[17:54] | If com.funword.word of treatment, | 如果他接受治疗的消息 |
[17:56] | any kind of treatment, got out– | 任何形式的治疗 泄露了… |
[17:56] | His friend was showing him the therapy. | 他的朋友给他看了那种治疗方法 |
[17:58] | – That’s it. – Please don’t insult me. | -仅此而已 -请不要侮辱我 |
[18:01] | Who do you think you are? | 你以为你是谁 |
[18:02] | Inserting yourself into every aspect of our lives. | 插手我们生活的方方面面 |
[18:05] | Your husband’s campaign needed help. | 你丈夫的选举需要帮助 |
[18:07] | – Help arrived. – Yes, but– | -我就伸出了援手 -是的 但是… |
[18:07] | Help that you, most of all, pushed for. Yes? | 这原来可是你的意思 对吧 |
[18:11] | – Who told you about the VR therapy? – He did. | -谁告诉你虚拟现实疗法的 -他自己说的 |
[18:16] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[18:18] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[18:20] | I was just telling Mark how much I miss having Marshall around. | 我就是在跟马克说我非常怀念马歇尔在的时候 |
[18:23] | Well, he’s still around. | 他还在啊 |
[18:32] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[18:33] | I forgot my bag. | 我忘拿包了 |
[18:35] | It’s right here. | 就在这里 |
[18:39] | Hello. Yeah. | 喂 是的 |
[18:40] | Yes, sir, he’s right here. | 是的 他在 |
[18:44] | It’s him. | 是他 |
[18:48] | Congressman. | 议员先生 |
[18:51] | You have no idea how bad this could get. | 你根本不知道这可能会多糟 |
[18:52] | We don’t wanna be late. | 我们可别迟到 |
[18:54] | Well, I couldn’t agree more. | 我万分赞同 |
[19:03] | She might have gone to Santa Fe. | 她可能去了圣达菲 |
[19:11] | You don’t believe me, do you? | 你不相信我 是吗 |
[19:14] | I would need to see something, Lisa. Something concrete. | 我需要看到点切实的东西 丽萨 |
[19:17] | I have a photo. I have one, but… | 我有照片 我有一张 |
[19:22] | Listen. | 听我说 |
[19:25] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[19:27] | You’re not the first person to come here making false claims | 你不是第一个来找我对安德伍德和他手下 |
[19:30] | about Underwood and his cronies. | 提出虚假指控的人了 |
[19:31] | But I’m telling the truth. | 但我说的是实话 |
[19:32] | Everything you’re saying you could’ve read in the paper. | 但你说的一切都可能是报纸上读来的 |
[19:34] | That’s how I realized who he was. His picture in the paper. | 我就是这样知道他的身份的 因为报纸登了 |
[19:36] | Which makes your story harder to prove. We’re talking in circles. | 这样你的说法就更难证实了 我们在兜圈子 |
[19:39] | What about Doug Stamper driving me home when my car broke down, | 那我车坏掉时 道格·斯坦普开车送我回家呢 |
[19:42] | telling me his name was Peter and that he sold insurance? | 还跟我说他叫彼得 是卖保险的 |
[19:45] | – No one can corroborate that story. – Rachel! | -没人能证实你的说法 -瑞秋 |
[19:49] | Rachel could. | 瑞秋可以 |
[19:56] | – You should finish that. – I’m not hungry. | -你该吃完 -我不饿 |
[19:58] | Maybe I am. I don’t know. | 或许我饿了 我不知道 |
[20:01] | I want to thank you for reaching out. | 我想感谢你来联络我 |
[20:09] | I am not saying I don’t believe you. | 我不是说我不相信你 |
[20:13] | But there’s already enough evidence out there | 但已经有足够可以 |
[20:15] | to take the president down. | 扳倒总统的证据了 |
[20:17] | And now, with this election, he’ll be accountable for even more. | 这次选举 会让他背负更多罪责 |
[20:20] | – I’m certain of it. – I don’t care. | -我确定 -我不在乎 |
[20:23] | I don’t care about Underwood. I want you to talk to Doug Stamper. | 我不在乎安德伍德 我要你去找道格·斯坦普 |
[20:27] | I want you to find out what happened to my… | 我要你查明我的… |
[20:31] | Whatever, forget it. | 算了 拉倒吧 |
[20:33] | – Uh. Hold on. – Thanks for the sandwich. | -等等 -谢谢你的三明治 |
[20:38] | All right. Hold on. | 好吧 等等 |
[20:51] | There’s a story that I love about LBJ. | 有一个关于林登·约翰逊的故事我很喜欢 |
[20:54] | Uh, it was back in ’64 or ’65. | 那是64或65年的时候 |
[20:57] | A congressman was ducking him… and he came back to his office | 有个议员在躲他 那议员回到自己的办公室 |
[21:01] | to find the president sitting in his chair… | 总统就坐在他的椅子上 |
[21:04] | waiting for him. | 等着他 |
[21:08] | The president expects to see you within the hour. | 总统一小时内要见到你 |
[21:11] | Miss Fazio can give you the specifics. | 法齐奥小姐会告诉你具体情况 |
[21:16] | – He was wearing his cowboy hat. – What? | -他戴着牛仔帽 -什么 |
[21:21] | President Johnson. You left out the best part of the story. | 约翰逊总统 你漏掉了故事最精彩的部分 |
[21:46] | We closed the place down last night. Thanks for the invite. | 我们昨晚玩到那里闭店 多谢邀请 |
[21:49] | Bunch of us are headed back to the same spot tonight, | 我们几个人今晚还去那里 |
[21:50] | if you wanna come. | 要一起来吗 |
[21:51] | Cool. Uh, he has a late lunch today. Won’t be back till 4:00. | 好啊 他今天午饭吃的晚 4点才会回来 |
[21:55] | – Oh, I just needed to drop this for him. – Sure. | -我就是来送这个 -好 |
[21:59] | Next time, just ask. | 下次 问就好 |
[22:01] | See you tonight. | 今晚见 |
[22:13] | You gambled and you lost. | 你赌了一把 但输了 |
[22:15] | Actually, my bloc gained seats more than eight weeks ago. | 其实 跟八周前比 我党团席位增多了 |
[22:18] | Which I suspect is why I’m here. | 我猜你就是为这事找我 |
[22:20] | Don’t overestimate your position. | 别高估了你的位置 |
[22:22] | Or underestimate mine. | 或是低估了我的 |
[22:24] | You still haven’t been elected president, sir. | 你还没当选总统呢 先生 |
[22:25] | Yeah, but the presidency won’t matter | 是啊 但如果党派背弃了你 |
[22:27] | once the party turns its back on you, will it? | 总统之职就无所谓了吧 |
[22:30] | When Bob Birch puts all the rest of your sheep in line, | 等鲍勃·博奇教训好了你其他的绵羊 |
[22:35] | you’ll be begging to come in from the cold. | 你会求着不被孤立 |
[22:38] | And two years from now, you’ll be back in Phoenix | 两年后 你会回到凤凰城 |
[22:40] | replaying this very moment over and over again in your mind | 一遍遍在脑海里回顾这一刻 |
[22:44] | and realizing it was the beginning of the end. | 意识到 这就是结束的开始 |
[22:47] | Patricia Whittaker and the Democratic Party | 帕特里夏·惠特克和民主党 |
[22:49] | will wipe their hands of you. | 会跟你撇清关系 |
[22:51] | – I’m loyal to the party. – As you should be. | -我是忠于党的 -那是应该的 |
[22:53] | As you should say. | 你应该这么说 |
[22:56] | But really… | 但说真的 |
[22:59] | what’s your leverage? | 你有什么筹码 |
[23:02] | The committee? That’s done. | 委员会 那已经完了 |
[23:04] | You see, you’ve already put out, Alex, | 瞧 你已经献了身 艾力克斯 |
[23:06] | and Will Conway is not taking you to the prom. | 威尔·康威却不打算带你去舞会 |
[23:08] | My conversations with the governor | 我跟州长的谈话 |
[23:10] | and any position that I may or may not have– | 和我可能的立场… |
[23:12] | Oh, listen to yourself. Do you even believe you? | 听听自己的话 你相信自己吗 |
[23:14] | You are awfully confident | 你作为一个 |
[23:16] | for someone who’s already lost the election once. | 已经输了一次选举的人 好自信啊 |
[23:20] | Do me a favor. Forget the presidency for just a moment. | 帮个忙 暂时忘记总统的事 |
[23:23] | You don’t have… the capital | 你没有…资本 |
[23:27] | to build on the congressional revolution that you’ve started, | 来推动你掀起的国会革命 |
[23:30] | politically or otherwise. | 不管是政治上还是其他的 |
[23:31] | Our movement wants to explode things– | 我们的运动想让事态爆发 |
[23:33] | Oh, please. Spare me your progressive PR bullshit. | 得了 少拿那套革新派公关套路我 |
[23:39] | You want what they all want. | 你和他们想要的东西一样 |
[23:41] | Access. A better seat at the table. | 权力 更好的地位 |
[23:46] | Your name before the rest. | 你的名字在他人之前 |
[23:49] | And that is something that I can give you. | 这我可以给你 |
[23:53] | And how many votes do you want in exchange? | 你想换取多少选票呢 |
[23:55] | Just three from your ever-growing bloc | 你不断增长的党团给我三张就行 |
[23:57] | would assure me the win in key delegations. | 我就能在关键代表团获得胜利 |
[24:01] | Specifically? | 具体点 |
[24:02] | Maine, Wisconsin and New Hampshire are still in play. | 缅因州 威斯康星州和新罕布什尔还未定 |
[24:07] | All three? | 三个全要 |
[24:13] | I believe in you, Congressman. Do you wanna know why? | 我相信你 议员 想知道为什么吗 |
[24:16] | Tell me. | 说吧 |
[24:18] | Because I trust ambition. | 因为我相信野心 |
[24:22] | – So this is a straight-up bribe. – Oh, no, Congressman. | -那这是直截了当的贿赂喽 -不 议员 |
[24:26] | A bribe is something you can refuse. | 贿赂是你可以拒绝的 |
[24:32] | Now, since you haven’t been around the block as many times as I have, | 鉴于你的经验没有我丰富 |
[24:35] | let me walk you through how this works. | 我来教教你这事怎么办吧 |
[24:37] | Excuse me, Mr. President, but I do know how this is done. | 抱歉 总统 但我知道是怎么回事 |
[24:39] | Oh, well, that’s good to hear. | 那太好了 |
[24:43] | I’ll start with Maine. She owes me. | 我从缅因州开始吧 她欠我的 |
[24:48] | You know, we did meet once before, Mr. President. | 我们以前见过一次的 总统先生 |
[24:51] | At a dinner, during the 2012 convention. | 2012年大会的一次晚宴上 |
[24:53] | – I tried to introduce myself to you… – And? | -我还想向你自我介绍来着 -然后呢 |
[24:58] | – You don’t remember, do you? – Why would I? | -你不记得我了 是吗 -为什么要记得呢 |
[25:04] | Why is the moderator so interested in Brockhart’s opinion? | 主持人为什么那么在意布洛哈特的意见 |
[25:08] | Has everyone suddenly forgotten now I’m at the top of the ticket? | 所有人都突然忘记我才是总统候选人了吗 |
[25:10] | No, of course not. | 当然没有 |
[25:13] | Are we done here? | 结束了吗 |
[25:15] | Yeah. We should talk about tomorrow’s schedule. | 是啊 我们谈谈明天的日程吧 |
[25:19] | Uh, vote’s looking good now. | 目前票数不错 |
[25:21] | We still need to talk to as many congressmen as we can. | 我们还得尽量多找些议员谈 |
[25:24] | Well, you figure it out and give us a call. | 你去安排 然后打给我们 |
[25:26] | And, uh, enough with the events targeting the Armed Services. | 别再安排针对军事委员会的活动了 |
[25:29] | We got as many Congress people as we could get out of this. | 我们在这边拉票已经到极限了 |
[25:31] | No offense, General, but we need to divide and conquer. Okay? | 别介意 将军 但我们该分头行动 好吗 |
[25:35] | Will, I was speaking with Mark… | 威尔 我之前跟马克谈了 |
[25:38] | – Yeah. – …and I want you to know, | -怎么 -我想告诉你 |
[25:40] | if you need to talk about anything, I’m available. | 如果你需要谈什么 我随时奉陪 |
[25:50] | The only support I need, General… | 我唯一需要的支持 将军 |
[25:53] | is that of a vice president to his president. Okay? | 就是一个副总统对总统的支持 好吗 |
[26:07] | Senator Talbert’s priorities are affordable housing | 塔伯特参议员的首要考虑是经济适用房 |
[26:10] | and closing corporate tax loopholes. | 和堵住企业税务漏洞 |
[26:13] | And access to higher education especially. | 尤其是高等教育普及 |
[26:15] | The call is in ten. | 通话在10点 |
[26:18] | Why did Aidan Macallan run away? | 艾丹·麦卡伦为什么跑了 |
[26:22] | What? | 什么 |
[26:24] | Why did Macallan run away? | 麦卡伦为什么跑了 |
[26:27] | I wish I could tell you. | 我也不知道 |
[26:31] | Clock’s ticking. | 时间不多了 |
[26:41] | Yes, give me Tom Yates’ driver’s number, please. | 请给我汤姆·耶茨司机的号码 |
[26:58] | Yes. | 喂 |
[27:00] | Yes, ma’am. | 是 夫人 |
[27:03] | New York. | 纽约 |
[27:04] | You drove all the way to New York? | 你一路开去了纽约 |
[27:07] | Where? | 在哪 |
[27:10] | Who’s he with? | 他跟谁在一起 |
[27:12] | I don’t know. A woman. Older. | 我不知道 一个女人 年纪较长 |
[27:17] | I don’t know how that’ll work, ma’am. | 我不知道那要怎么做 夫人 |
[27:20] | Yes. Yes, I’ll try. | 是 我试试 |
[27:32] | No, I understand your concern, Senator. | 不 我理解你的担忧 参议员 |
[27:36] | Student loan reform is a priority for you, | 学生贷款改革是你的优先考虑 |
[27:39] | so it will be a priority for the president and me. | 那么它就也是总统和我的优先考虑 |
[27:42] | Yes. Yes, I do. | 是的 没错 |
[27:48] | Well, Louise, you as a pillar of the party, | 露易丝 你是党派中流砥柱 |
[27:51] | it will be much appreciated if I can get your help tomorrow. | 如果你明天能帮我 我会感激不尽 |
[27:54] | And it’ll just be you and me and a couple of your… | 到时就你和我 还有几个你的 |
[27:58] | female colleagues in the Senate. | 参议院女同事 |
[28:02] | Okay, well, I look forward to a productive dialogue. | 好 那么我期待与你有成效地谈谈 |
[28:28] | – Better late than never. – Sorry I missed dinner. | -迟到总比不来好 -抱歉我错过了晚餐 |
[28:37] | Why the back? | 为什么坐后面 |
[28:39] | I’m pretending you’re an Uber. Just help me out. | 我在假装你是优步 帮帮忙 |
[28:41] | My sister-in-law. She came when you couldn’t. | 我的小姑子 你没来她就来了 |
[29:12] | Do you think the dead judge us? | 你觉得死者会鄙视我们吗 |
[29:24] | No. | 不会 |
[30:14] | What did he do that you liked the most? | 你最喜欢他做什么 |
[30:19] | Here… in bed. | 在床上 |
[30:31] | Sitting up was the best. | 坐姿最好 |
[30:35] | Legs around each other. | 腿缠着彼此 |
[30:39] | He’d run his right hand | 他会把右手 |
[30:41] | up the back of my neck into my hair and pull it. | 伸到我脖子后面 插进我的头发里拽着 |
[30:45] | My hair and my head back… | 把我的头发和脑袋往后拽 |
[30:51] | And? | 然后呢 |
[30:58] | And with the other hand, he’d pull me in and out. | 然后用另一只手 把我拉进拉出 |
[31:04] | Always looking at me. | 他始终看着我 |
[31:08] | Seeing me. | 看到我 |
[31:16] | You want me to do that? | 你要我那么做吗 |
[31:23] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[31:36] | It’s so nice in here. You can hardly hear them. | 这里真好 几乎听不到他们的吼声 |
[31:40] | Oh, trust me, I can hear them. | 相信我 我听得到的 |
[31:44] | With New Hampshire, it’s what? | 加上新罕布什尔 多少了 |
[31:47] | Twenty-four. With Maine, 25. | 24 加缅因州25 |
[31:49] | – Twenty-six if we get Wisconsin. – Where’s Tom? | -如果拿下威斯康星就是26 -汤姆呢 |
[31:53] | He needed to get some air. | 他去喘口气了 |
[31:56] | – Wisconsin is being stubborn. – Then who else? | -威斯康星很顽固 -那还有谁 |
[32:00] | Iowa, maybe Colorado, 24, 25. | 爱荷华 或许科罗拉多 那是24 25 |
[32:06] | How was your great-great-great-grandfather Augustus? | 你的曾曾曾祖父奥古斯都怎么样了 |
[32:10] | He goes by Eric. | 他叫艾瑞克 |
[32:14] | Eric. | 艾瑞克 |
[32:16] | He admired my craftsmanship. | 他很欣赏我的手艺 |
[32:20] | – We should make a play for North Dakota. – Agreed. | -我们该争取一下北达科他 -同意 |
[32:24] | In the Senate, I think you can swing some votes from Missouri. | 在参议院 你应该可以拉密苏里的票 |
[32:28] | Did you ask LeAnn about Macallan? | 你问莉安麦卡伦的事了吗 |
[32:31] | She didn’t know anything. I believe her. | 她并不知情 我相信她 |
[32:35] | We have to quit again. | 我们又得戒了 |
[32:40] | Otherwise, they’ll kill us. | 否则 会害死我们的 |
[32:52] | No Macallan. He was there, though. Left his belongings. | 麦卡伦不见踪影 但他去过那儿 留下了财物 |
[32:57] | Anything from the National Police? | 国家警察那里有消息吗 |
[32:59] | No. CIA’s man in the palace | 没有 中情局的内部人士 |
[33:01] | isn’t even sure he’s still in Jakarta. | 甚至不确定他是否还在雅加达 |
[33:04] | They’ll find him, LeAnn. That’s all I can give you. | 他们会找到他的 莉安 我只能说这么多 |
[33:07] | I appreciate your help. | 多谢帮忙 |
[33:13] | Kerry, Susan, what can I get you? | 凯芮 苏珊 需要点什么 |
[33:15] | – I’m fine, thanks. – I’m good with water. | -不用 谢谢 -水就行 |
[33:16] | – What about you, Louise? – What are you having? | -你呢 露易丝 -你喝什么 |
[33:20] | – Splash of vodka on ice. – Make it two. | -伏特加加冰 -给我也来一杯 |
[33:26] | Susan and I were talking on the way over, Claire. | 苏珊和我来的路上谈了 克莱尔 |
[33:28] | This election mess has left us | 这场选举的混乱让我们 |
[33:30] | all facing some scary possibilities. | 都面临着一些可怕的可能性 |
[33:32] | – Conway wins in the House– – Which is far from inevitable. | -康威拿下众议院 -这还远非定数 |
[33:34] | But if a split ticket were to happen… | 但如果真发生总统副总统不同党 |
[33:37] | it would be bad for this country. | 那对国家会不利的 |
[33:38] | No, Conway is what would be bad for this country. | 不 康威才对国家不利 |
[33:42] | Let’s hope the House does the right thing. | 希望众议院能做出正确选择 |
[33:45] | But as far as the Senate, | 但就参议院而言 |
[33:46] | I am very grateful that we have Donald Blythe steering that ship. | 我很高兴有唐纳德·布莱斯掌舵 |
[33:49] | Mrs. Underwood, I’m sorry to say this, | 安德伍德夫人 我很抱歉这么说 |
[33:51] | but no matter what you’re offering here, | 但不管你能拿出什么 |
[33:54] | I can’t support the president. | 我都不能支持总统 |
[33:56] | And, by extension, I can’t support you. | 也因此不能支持你 |
[34:00] | It’s not you, Claire. It’s him. | 不是你的问题 克莱尔 是他 |
[34:02] | Susan and I are on the same page about this. | 苏珊和我在这事上的意见是一致的 |
[34:05] | What if this isn’t about Francis Underwood, huh? | 如果重点不是弗兰西斯·安德伍德呢 |
[34:09] | It’s Claire Underwood who has the promising future. | 前途大好的是克莱尔·安德伍德 |
[34:14] | I want a woman in the White House. | 我希望一个女人入主白宫 |
[34:17] | And if she has to start as a vice president, fine. | 如果她得从副总统做起 那好 |
[34:20] | But it’s time. | 但时候到了 |
[34:23] | – It’s time. – I hear that, Louise, | -时候到了 -我赞同 露易丝 |
[34:25] | but I’ll say it… | 但我直说吧 |
[34:29] | A vote for you is a vote for Frank Underwood. | 投票给你 就是投给弗兰克·安德伍德 |
[34:31] | Listen, I understand your concerns about Francis’ record. I do. | 我理解你们对弗兰西斯历史的担忧 真的 |
[34:36] | If Conway wins, | 如果康威赢了 |
[34:39] | wouldn’t you want a Democrat to keep him in check? | 难道你们不希望有个民主党人克制着他吗 |
[34:44] | And what if a vote for me isn’t necessarily a vote for Francis? | 如果给我投票不等于给弗兰西斯投票呢 |
[34:51] | Twenty-one promised for you, sir. | 21票确定是你 先生 |
[34:52] | Twenty-three for Conway. | 康威是23 |
[34:54] | Two deadlocked. Four unknown. | 两个僵持 四个未知 |
[34:56] | But I think things will shift once they caucus. | 但我觉得党团会议之后情况会变动 |
[34:58] | – All right, let’s bring him in. – Yes, sir. | -好 叫他进来 -是 先生 |
[35:09] | – Have a seat. – I won’t be long. | -请坐 -我不久留 |
[35:12] | Well, then, stand like a man | 那就站着吧 |
[35:14] | who doesn’t know whether to sit or not. | 像个不知是否该坐下的人 |
[35:16] | Congressman Romero, do you have good news for me? | 罗梅洛议员 你为我带来好消息了吗 |
[35:19] | Have your progressives seen the light? | 你的革新人士想明白了吗 |
[35:22] | I did what I could, Mr. President. I couldn’t sway the bloc. | 我已经尽力了 总统先生 我无法说服他们 |
[35:30] | Couldn’t… or wouldn’t? | 无法 还是不愿 |
[35:34] | Maine and New Hampshire are noncommittal. | 缅因和新罕布什尔还不明朗 |
[35:37] | Congressman Wolcott is turning Wisconsin for Conway. | 沃考特议员在让威斯康星支持康威 |
[35:45] | Tell me a different truth. | 告诉我点别的事实 |
[35:48] | They aren’t listening to me. | 他们不听我的 |
[35:50] | They believe supporting you would do more damage | 他们相信 与让康威当选相比 |
[35:53] | to the Democratic Party and the country than a Conway presidency. | 支持你会给民主党和国家造成更大损害 |
[36:00] | Well, I am sorry that it has come to this. | 很遗憾 竟然走到这一步 |
[36:05] | As am I. I’m sure we’ll meet again, sir. | 我也是 我们肯定还会再见的 先生 |
[36:08] | Yes, but before you go, just take a look around this room. | 是啊 但你走之前 好好看看这间屋子 |
[36:12] | Study every detail, every aspect. | 仔细看每处细节 每个方面 |
[36:17] | Because this is the last time you will ever step foot in here. | 因为这是你最后一次踏进这里了 |
[36:24] | I’m sorry I couldn’t be of more help. | 抱歉我没帮上更多忙 |
[36:26] | And to think you could have made yourself memorable | 想想吧 你本能让自己因为很多其他事 |
[36:28] | in so many other ways. | 被世人铭记的 |
[36:40] | I’ll make sure he never sees another committee, sir. | 我会确保他再进不了其他委员会 先生 |
[36:42] | Oh, no. He wants us to put up a fight, make him feel bigger. | 不 他希望我们还击 让他感觉更强大 |
[36:46] | He’s just read some polls and thinks I’m in trouble. | 他只不过是看了民调数据 就以为我有麻烦 |
[36:49] | That’s why he’s coming after me. | 所以他才攻击我 |
[36:50] | All right, we have 48 hours. | 好吧 我们有48小时 |
[36:53] | I have to work Colorado and shore up Tennessee. | 我得攻下科罗拉多 稳住田纳西 |
[36:56] | But Maine, Wisconsin and New hampshire | 但哪怕不惜一切 也要让 |
[36:58] | must be turned by any means necessary. | 缅因 威斯康星和新罕布什尔回心转意 |
[37:02] | All caucusing will end by noon on Thursday, | 所有党团会议周四中午之前都会结束 |
[37:04] | and then the vote in both | 下午两点 |
[37:05] | the House and the Senate is scheduled for 2:00. | 参众两院开始投票 |
[37:09] | Well… I don’t make the decisions, Chuck. I just relay them. | 我不做决定 查克 我只是传达而已 |
[37:13] | No. No, there will not be a statement at this time. | 不 不 目前不做声明 |
[37:17] | Well, because there’s nothing to state until after the vote. | 因为投票结果出来前无话可说 |
[37:20] | Close the door. | 关上门 |
[37:23] | Right. Yes. | 嗯 对 |
[37:27] | Yes. | 对 |
[37:28] | Yeah, please don’t make me say yes again. | 求你别再逼我说”对”了 |
[37:32] | Crazy days in these United States. | 美国现在真是疯了 |
[37:38] | So you wanna tell me what was so important | 你想告诉我 是什么重要到 |
[37:39] | I had to get you through the gates? | 我得放你进来 |
[37:41] | Girl named Lisa Williams came in. | 有个叫丽萨·威廉姆斯的女孩来过 |
[37:44] | Says she was Rachel Posner’s girlfriend. | 说她曾是瑞秋·波斯纳的女朋友 |
[37:47] | Said Doug Stamper knew Rachel. | 她说道格·斯坦普认识瑞秋 |
[37:50] | Feels like maybe he was involved in her disappearance. | 觉得他可能和瑞秋失踪有关 |
[37:52] | And she said the words “Doug Stamper”? | 她说道格·斯坦普这个名字了吗 |
[37:54] | Rachel Posner went missing around the time | 瑞秋·波斯纳失踪的时间 |
[37:56] | Stamper was carjacked and had his head bashed in. | 正好是斯坦普被劫车 脑袋被砸的时候 |
[37:58] | And this Lisa thinks… | 这个丽萨觉得 |
[38:02] | Well, she’s not sure exactly. | 她也不太确定 |
[38:05] | Well, can she prove a connection? | 她能证明其中有联系吗 |
[38:06] | It’s all instinct at this point. | 现在都只是直觉 |
[38:09] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[38:09] | You want a tour of the White House, | 你要是想参观白宫 |
[38:11] | you could just straight up ask me for one. | 可以直接跟我说嘛 |
[38:15] | – Hammerschmidt. – Is he making anything of it? | -汉默施密特 -他看重这事吗 |
[38:17] | Not yet. But the information about her is on the top of his desk. | 还不 但关于她的资料已经在他桌上了 |
[38:21] | Lisa Williams. | 丽萨·威廉姆斯 |
[38:24] | Mr. Grayson, you have a call on line three. | 格雷森先生 三号线有人找 |
[38:26] | Well, I gotta get back to it. | 我得工作了 |
[38:27] | If Tom follows up on her, let me know. | 要是汤姆继续跟进她 就告诉我 |
[38:31] | – Thanks for the pass. – It’s temporary. | -谢谢你给的通行证 -是临时的 |
[38:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:51] | – LeAnn Harvey. – Always burning the midnight oil. | -莉安·哈维 -你总熬夜 |
[38:55] | – Aidan? – You ready to join me? | -艾丹 -你准备好来找我了吗 |
[38:58] | Do you have any idea how much jeopardy you have put me in? | 你知道你把我推进了多危险的境地吗 |
[39:02] | You should’ve gotten out when you had the chance. | 你应该趁还有机会逃出来 |
[39:04] | You think you’re out? | 你觉得你就逃出来了 |
[39:06] | – Listen, I need you to do me a favor. – Where are you? | -听着 我需要你帮我个忙 -你在哪 |
[39:10] | Get the FBI, CIA, | 让联调局 中情局 |
[39:11] | and whoever else is looking for me to stop, now. | 和其他在找我的人都停下 马上 |
[39:14] | Okay, Aidan, you know, just… | 好 艾丹 你就 |
[39:16] | come back here, and we will figure this out together. | 先回来 我们一起想办法 |
[39:19] | If they keep coming after me, | 要是他们继续找我 |
[39:20] | I will start leaking things about the Underwoods. | 我就开始泄露关于安德伍德夫妇的秘密 |
[39:25] | You don’t wanna do that. | 你不想那么做的 |
[39:26] | You have no idea who you’re working for, LeAnn. | 你不知道你现在是在为什么人工作 莉安 |
[39:31] | God damn it. | 该死 |
[39:33] | You have an update for the president? | 有新情况向总统汇报吗 |
[39:35] | I’ve been juggling senators most of the day. | 我今天基本上一直在忙着应付参议员 |
[39:38] | And your congressman from Maine? | 你那缅因州的议员呢 |
[39:40] | Is still my friend’s father and is still too busy to meet. | 依然是我朋友的父亲 依然没时间见面 |
[39:43] | So was Wisconsin and New Hampshire, | 威斯康星和新罕布什尔也一样 |
[39:45] | until I forced them to. | 我逼他们就见到了 |
[39:46] | You have your style, I have mine. | 你有你的风格 我有我的 |
[39:47] | The president doesn’t care about style, LeAnn. | 总统不在乎风格 莉安 |
[39:49] | Just get the congressman by the vote on Thursday. | 周四前把议员的票拉到位就行 |
[40:07] | Will just walked in. | 威尔刚进来了 |
[40:09] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[40:12] | Okay. | 行 |
[40:14] | Talk soon. Bye. | 再联系 拜 |
[40:21] | – That your mom? – Yeah. She sends her best. | -你妈妈 -对 她向你问好 |
[40:24] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[40:27] | – Where’s Charlie? – In the living room. | -查理人呢 -在客厅 |
[40:33] | Lily’s playing in the den. | 莉莉在小房间玩 |
[40:36] | – Where are you going? – I should change. | -你要去哪 -我该换衣服了 |
[40:38] | – You keep walking away from me, Hannah. – Oh, please. | -你一直躲着我 汉娜 -拜托 |
[40:42] | Why would you invite him here? | 你为什么邀请他来 |
[40:44] | Now? | 这个时候 |
[40:46] | He’s a friend. He’s your friend. | 他是朋友 你的朋友 |
[40:48] | And I thought maybe… | 我想也许… |
[40:50] | it’d be something that you’d be interested in looking at. | 你会有兴趣看一看 |
[40:55] | I’m doing all I can. | 我在尽力而为 |
[40:56] | – All you can? – Yes. | -尽力而为 -是的 |
[40:57] | Like doubt me? | 质疑我 |
[40:58] | Like think that you know better what’s in my mind than I do? | 以为你比我更了解我自己的精神状况 |
[41:00] | You know, you’re the one who told Mark. | 要知道 是你告诉马克的 |
[41:02] | I had to deny I had anything to do with it. | 我还得否认我跟那事有关 |
[41:04] | See, these people, Hannah… Usher and Marshall… | 要知道这些人 汉娜 厄舍和马歇尔 |
[41:08] | they’re hired hands. They can’t be trusted. | 他们是雇工 不能信他们 |
[41:13] | And Brockhart, he’s in it for himself. | 布洛哈特也是为了自己 |
[41:14] | But… but you, my darling, my love– | 但你…亲爱的 我的爱人 |
[41:18] | – Stop it. – Stop what? | -别说了 -别说什么 |
[41:21] | What are you gonna do? Take the kids and go to your mom? | 你能怎么样 带孩子回娘家 |
[41:25] | As if you would. | 你不会这么做的 |
[41:27] | You already picked out the White House china. | 你连白宫的瓷器都挑好了 |
[41:30] | You want this more than anything. To be president. | 你最大的心愿就是当上总统 |
[41:35] | Don’t you dare judge me now that I want it, too. | 这也成了我的心愿 你胆敢来指责我 |
[41:47] | Yes, Congressman, but flights are considered bribes. | 是 议员 安排航程也算贿赂 |
[41:52] | Yes, Congressman, it’s not your DUIs that concern us, | 是 议员 我们担心的不是你的酒驾 |
[41:55] | it’s your daughter’s. | 而是你女儿的 |
[41:58] | Well, you should’ve done a better job hiding the payouts. | 那你本该把开销藏得更深 |
[42:02] | I mean, really. | 拜托 |
[42:04] | Yes, I’m sure you are… but how old was he again? | 嗯 我相信你是 他多大来着 |
[42:09] | Yes, and he was in the choir, is that right? | 对 他参加过合唱团 对吧 |
[42:13] | But you can never erase an e-mail, | 但你没法把邮件删得不留痕迹 |
[42:15] | even my dead aunt knows that. | 我过世的姑姑都知道 |
[42:19] | Well, get back to me as soon as you can. | 好吧 你尽快回复我 |
[42:22] | – So? – Maine finally looks solid, sir. | -怎么样 -缅因州终于搞定了 先生 |
[42:26] | New Hampshire doesn’t, though. | 但新罕布什尔还没有 |
[42:29] | I’ve been sitting in here for hours | 我坐在这里好几个小时 |
[42:31] | busting my ass, getting some results. | 想方设法取得了一些成效 |
[42:33] | We should have secured New Hampshire. | 我们本应拿下新罕布什尔的 |
[42:35] | How did LeAnn get Maine? | 莉安怎么拿下缅因州的 |
[42:37] | She cashed in a favor. | 对方欠她人情 |
[42:38] | Well, why couldn’t you do the same goddamn thing? | 那你为什么不能用同一招 |
[42:40] | It doesn’t make sense. | 我想不通 |
[42:42] | I thought I had him. I mean… | 我以为我说服他了 |
[42:46] | And it’s not just New Hampshire. Wisconsin should’ve folded. | 不只是新罕布什尔 威斯康星本来也该拿下的 |
[42:48] | Should have? | 本来 |
[42:50] | What’s going on, Doug? What’s happening? | 怎么回事 道格 你怎么了 |
[42:54] | Is there some issue with your commitment? Your loyalty? | 是你的投入 还是忠心出了问题 |
[42:59] | What? | 什么 |
[43:00] | Perhaps you just aren’t worthy of my trust. | 或许你就不值得我信任 |
[43:03] | I have given everything to you. | 我为你费尽心力 |
[43:05] | Almost the entirety of my professional life, Frank. | 我的整个职业生涯几乎都给了你 弗兰克 |
[43:08] | You watch your tone. | 你注意语气 |
[43:12] | The things I’ve done… | 我做的那些事… |
[43:15] | The things that I have done to help keep you here, | 为了保住你的位子 我做的那些事… |
[43:16] | and you’re gonna question my loyalty? | 你居然还质疑我的忠心 |
[43:20] | Well, if we can’t win, | 如果我们不能赢 |
[43:21] | we have to make sure that Conway doesn’t either. | 那我们得确保康威也不能赢 |
[43:24] | Maine coming over only means he won’t get to 26. | 缅因州支持我们 那他就拿不到26票 |
[43:27] | A deadlock isn’t a win. But at least… | 僵局不是胜局 但至少… |
[43:32] | I’m sorry, Doug. I was out of line. | 抱歉 道格 我刚才失态了 |
[43:38] | Let’s get back to work. | 我们继续工作吧 |
[43:49] | It’s not just what he did with all the data. | 不只是他如何处理了那些数据 |
[43:51] | Aidan had access to everything. | 艾丹之前能接触到一切 |
[43:53] | We need to get the CIA and FBI off his trail, | 我们得让中情局和联调局不去查他 |
[43:55] | and I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[43:57] | You’re causing problems, LeAnn, | 你在制造麻烦 莉安 |
[43:58] | which is the last thing that we can afford right now. | 我们现在最要不得麻烦了 |
[44:01] | Macallan sealed his own fate. | 麦卡伦是作茧自缚 |
[44:03] | I delivered Maine, Doug, | 我拿下了缅因州 道格 |
[44:05] | which is more than you can say about New Hampshire. | 你可没处理好新罕布什尔 |
[44:13] | I’ll owe you. | 算我欠你人情 |
[44:15] | Not enough. | 还不够 |
[44:17] | Has the president spoken to you about Aidan at all? | 总统跟你说过艾丹的事吗 |
[44:21] | No. | 没有 |
[44:24] | Is he on a kill list? | 他在狙杀名单上吗 |
[44:25] | The United States of America doesn’t have kill lists, LeAnn. | 美利坚合众国没有狙杀名单 莉安 |
[44:32] | I am the only thing preventing Mac from releasing what he has. | 我是唯一阻止麦卡公布他手上的东西的人 |
[44:34] | And my guess is, whatever it is, it’ll implicate you, too. | 我猜不管那是什么 你也牵涉其中 |
[44:39] | Am I wrong, Doug? | 我错了吗 道格 |
[45:00] | Someone close to Senator Mitchell woke me up with the news. | 米切尔参议员身边的人告诉了我这消息 |
[45:02] | Get me the vice president on the phone. | 让副总统接电话 |
[45:03] | That is not going to help. | 没用 |
[45:05] | Well, how do you intend on dealing with it? | 你打算怎么处理 |
[45:18] | Donald. | 唐纳德 |
[45:22] | – Don’t do it. – Claire– | -别这么做 -克莱尔 |
[45:23] | I know what you and Senator Mitchell were planning. | 我知道你和米切尔参议员在谋划什么 |
[45:26] | Do what you were supposed to do. | 做你本该做的事 |
[45:28] | Move the anti-filibuster measure forward so the Senate can vote | 取消阻挠议事 好让参议院能投票 |
[45:32] | – and elect me vice president. – No. | -选我担任副总统 -不行 |
[45:34] | – No? – All voices should be heard | -不行 -各方声音都应该被听到 |
[45:36] | out of respect for the American people | 出于对美国人民的尊重 |
[45:38] | and the gravity of the vote before the Senate today, | 也因为今天参议院投票的重要性 |
[45:41] | the first like this since 1825. | 自1825年起 这还是首次 |
[45:43] | The House is about to vote, Donald. What is going on? | 众议院即将投票 唐纳德 怎么回事 |
[45:46] | Let’s get this done so you can go home. | 我们把这事弄完 你就能回家了 |
[45:50] | It looks like Conway is going to win. | 看上去康威要赢了 |
[45:51] | And no matter what people have told you, | 不管别人跟你说了什么 |
[45:53] | the Senate is voting for Brockhart. | 参议院会投给布洛哈特 |
[45:55] | – It’s country over party, Claire. – Are you flexing? | -国家高于政党 克莱尔 -你在耍滑头吗 |
[45:58] | I’m stalling until the House vote happens | 我想拖到众议院完成投票 |
[46:00] | and then the Senate votes accordingly. | 好让参议院据结果投票 |
[46:03] | You’d do that to the party | 你要那样对待 |
[46:04] | to which you’ve devoted your entire career? | 你将全部事业倾注其中的政党吗 |
[46:06] | The country needs clarity and resolution. | 国家需要透明和决议 |
[46:08] | That’s the most important thing. | 那是最重要的事 |
[46:09] | There’ll be another election in four years. | 四年后还会有选举 |
[46:12] | But look… | 但听我说 |
[46:14] | I saw you when Francis was in the coma. | 弗兰西斯昏迷时 我看到了你的样子 |
[46:16] | What you’re capable of when given the opportunity. | 当得到机会时你展现出的能力 |
[46:21] | You still have a shot down the road. I’d vote for you. | 你今后还有机会 我会为你投票 |
[46:27] | Whatever you think, I know I have the numbers. | 不管你怎么想 我知道我票数够了 |
[46:29] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[46:32] | But come on. | 但拜托 |
[46:36] | You’re not like him. Be patient. | 你不像他 耐心点 |
[46:42] | You’re a fool, Donald. You always were. | 你是个傻瓜 唐纳德 一直都是 |
[46:45] | You and your dumb, dead wife that you never, ever shut up about. | 你和你三句不离的那个蠢亡妻 |
[46:50] | Principled? Idealistic? | 有原则 理想主义 |
[46:52] | A champion for the people? What did you ever actually do? | 捍卫人民 你实际做过什么 |
[46:56] | Nothing. | 什么也没有 |
[46:57] | The great crusader? I don’t think so. | 伟大的斗士 我看不是 |
[47:01] | You just liked the position of the bumbling idiot that you are. | 你只是喜欢你现在这副傻瓜的样子 |
[47:06] | The optimist. The idealist. | 乐观主义者 理想主义者 |
[47:09] | You loved it so much that you couldn’t even make a deal | 你太喜欢了以至于你甚至不能达成一笔协议 |
[47:11] | or move a single thing forward. | 或者推进一件事 |
[47:13] | You have a legacy of nothing. | 你什么也没有留下 |
[47:17] | Sign the measure, get the Republicans off the floor, | 取消阻挠议事 让共和党别碍事 |
[47:19] | start the vote now. | 马上开始投票 |
[47:24] | Do you know what I just realized? | 你知道我刚刚意识到什么吗 |
[47:27] | Your initials… | 你的姓名首字母 |
[47:30] | they’re missing an “N” and a “T”. | 少了N和T[贱人] |
[48:09] | The vote is inconclusive, Mr. President. | 投票无结果 总统先生 |
[48:12] | Neither you nor Conway to 26. | 你和康威都没达到26票 |
[48:15] | Still alive. What about Claire? | 还有机会 克莱尔怎么样 |
[48:20] | This is impossible. | 这不可能 |
[48:22] | I’m as surprised as you are. | 我和你一样惊讶 |
[48:25] | Maine. There was no heads-up on that. | 缅因州 毫无征兆 |
[48:29] | Look, I know this is frustrating. It should be over. | 我知道这令人沮丧 这本该结束了 |
[48:32] | I… I’m the president. | 我是总统 |
[48:35] | I don’t care what they say, I… | 我不管他们说什么 我 |
[48:38] | I’m fucking President of the United States. | 我就是该死的美国总统 |
[48:41] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不是 |
[48:42] | The vice president will be acting president | 直到众议院做出决定 |
[48:44] | for as long as it takes the House to decide. | 副总统将代总统职 |
[48:49] | I should make some calls. | 我该去打几个电话 |
[49:38] | 美国总统选举的过程是 选举日注册选民投票 (有的州在选举日前也可以投票 但有的州只能在当日投票) 投票结束后开始计票 媒体根据计票结果 用自己的模型得出各州结果 拿到271张选举人票为胜 如果是平局 则由众议院投票决定总统 但媒体公布结果后 具体的计票还要继续 直到统计出所有的选票 如果哪个州结果过于相近 按部分州的法律 会自动启动重新计票 计票结束后 选举委员会确定胜者 一般由州长来签名认证 需注意的是 根据法律 投票日选的其实不是总统 而是”选举人” 也就各州的”投票代表” 而选举委员会和州长认证的 也是各州的选举人名单 选举人需在大选后去华盛顿参加选举人会议 跟其他州的代表一起 再投一次票 那一次才算真正选出总统 | |
[50:38] | 当然大选夜之后的选举人再度投票 只是象征性的 不过美国只有29个州有法律规定 选举人在华盛顿开选举人会时 必须根据本州的选举结果投票 所以会出现个别不忠诚的选举人 在最后投票时 选择跟本州选民选举结果不同的候选人 另外在1876年大选出现选派选举人时产生争议的情况后 1877年国会立法 规定如果各州的选举人人选有争议 则由国会来决定该州的选举人 另外这个法律还规定 各州必须在选举人会议前6天向国会提交选举认证结果 在选举夜 媒体根据自己的模型判断胜负 但在法律上 必须所有的票都统计结束 由负责选举的官员进行公证后 结果才正式生效 |