时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | What did the girl say to you? | 那女孩对你说了什么 |
[00:06] | She said she hopes I die and that you become the president. | 她说她希望我死 而你当上总统 |
[00:10] | I want a woman in the White House. | 我希望一个女人入主白宫 |
[00:13] | We need you to implicate yourself in the death of Zoe Barnes. | 我们需要你让自己跟佐伊·巴恩斯的死挂上钩 |
[00:17] | I don’t think your husband should be front and center. | 我不觉得你丈夫该做主导 |
[00:19] | What I want is for Francis Underwood to go to jail. | 我只想让弗兰西斯·安德伍德进监狱 |
[00:21] | I’m guilty. | 我有罪 |
[00:23] | I killed Zoe Barnes. | 我杀了佐伊·巴恩斯 |
[00:24] | You have all used me far long enough. | 你们都已经利用我太久了 |
[00:28] | So I shall resign the office of President of the United States. | 所以我将辞去美国总统一职 |
[00:32] | You made me look absolutely ridiculous. | 你让我把丑出尽了 |
[00:34] | – No! Claire. – Ill-prepared and ignorant. | -不 克莱尔 -毫无准备 稀里糊涂 |
[00:36] | We’re a few hours away from my official resignation… | 离我的正式辞职只有几小时了 |
[00:39] | and you still have not agreed to pardon me. | 而你还没答应赦免我 |
[00:42] | I was going over our list for vice president. | 我在看副总统的名单 |
[00:44] | A lot of the people I spoke to suggested me. | 我问过的许多人都说我最合适 |
[00:50] | It’s hard to know who to trust these days. | 如今真难知道能相信谁 |
[00:54] | If she doesn’t pardon me… | 如果她不赦免我 |
[00:57] | I’ll kill her. | 我就杀了她 |
[01:00] | My turn. | 该我了 |
[01:05] | Stop. Claire Hale. Stop! | 站住 克莱尔·黑尔 站住 |
[01:16] | “I’d like to fry her eyeballs. | “我想炸了她的眼球 |
[01:18] | If no one else steps up to kill the president, I will. | 如果没有别人敢杀了总统 我就去 |
[01:22] | I’d enjoy it.” | 还当做一份美差” |
[01:24] | A tweet out of North Dakota. | 这是一条北达科他州的推文 |
[01:25] | What else? | 还有吗 |
[01:28] | “God never intended a woman to rule this land. | “上帝从未想要一个女人统治这片土地 |
[01:31] | She is the anti-Christ. | 她是反基督 |
[01:33] | – And a Jew.” – A Jew? | -还是犹太人” -犹太人 |
[01:36] | – Do we really need to hear all of this? – Yes. | -我们真有必要听这些吗 -是的 |
[01:39] | An unpublished editorial. | 一篇未发表的社论 |
[01:42] | Someone pointing a gun at your likeness. | 有个人拿枪指着你的肖像 |
[01:44] | Lots of other online stuff, including a… | 网上还有好多这种东西 包括 |
[01:48] | contest… | 一个比赛 |
[01:50] | For? | 比什么 |
[01:52] | For the most creative way to kill you. | 比最有创意的杀你的办法 |
[01:55] | And the winner? | 哪种方法赢了 |
[01:57] | Rather not say, ma’am. | 我不太想说 女士 |
[01:59] | I want to hear. Just hand me the report, Rick. | 我想听 把报告给我 里克 |
[02:05] | It involves, essentially, skinning you. | 基本上是 把你剥皮 |
[02:08] | Cutting your body into dozens of pieces | 把你的身体切成数块 |
[02:10] | and arranging them in the shape of the American flag. | 然后摆成美国国旗的形状 |
[02:16] | Flesh for the white stripes, blood for the red. | 肉做白条 血做红条 |
[02:21] | What else? | 还有吗 |
[02:22] | Lot of threats involving the C-com.funword.word, ma’am. | 很多包含C打头词的威胁 女士 |
[02:25] | Lots and lots of the C-com.funword.word, unfortunately. | 好多好多C打头的那个词 很不幸 |
[02:30] | – You mean Claire? – It’s a long list. | -是”克莱尔”吗 -单子很长 |
[02:33] | If you really want me to, I’ll– | 如果您真想听 那我… |
[02:34] | Listen, I am not the first president to face threats. | 我不是第一个遭遇威胁的总统 |
[02:38] | I know with Francis, sometimes there were several a day. | 我知道弗兰西斯那时 一天里能有好多 |
[02:40] | Is it about the same | 情况差不多吗 |
[02:42] | what we’re dealing with here? | 我们现在面临的威胁 |
[02:44] | It’s… | 这… |
[02:46] | significantly up. | 数量明显上升 |
[02:48] | By how much? | 上升多少 |
[02:48] | There are roughly four times as many threats | 你上任以来 每天收到的威胁 |
[02:51] | on any given day since you took office. | 大概是之前的四倍 |
[02:53] | Now it’s twice that since Francis died. | 而弗兰西斯死后又翻了一番 |
[02:57] | I thought everyone loves a widow. | 我以为大家都喜欢寡妇呢 |
[02:59] | Not if she’s also Commander-in-Chief, I guess. | 如果她还是三军统帅可能就不喜欢了吧 |
[03:02] | These are not rational people, Madam President. | 这些人并不理智 总统女士 |
[03:04] | But, ma’am, as far as today’s threat, | 但女士 就今天的威胁而言 |
[03:07] | regarding your first scheduled appearance– | 关于你的第一次公开露面 |
[03:08] | We’re canceling the appearance. | 我们要取消 |
[03:12] | We’re not canceling. | 我们不能取消 |
[03:14] | It’s a military base. | 那是军事基地 |
[03:16] | That’s got to be the safest place on Earth for a president. | 那对于总统该是世界上最安全的地方了 |
[03:18] | An anonymous soldier has made a serious threat– | 一个身份未知的士兵做出了严重威胁… |
[03:21] | “To shoot me in the cunt | “要代表全美国 |
[03:22] | on behalf of the United States of America.” | 给我的屄来一枪” |
[03:24] | Yes, Mark, I heard. | 是的 马克 我听说了 |
[03:25] | The threat’s unconfirmed. | 这个威胁并未证实 |
[03:26] | He says he’s among those shipping out today. | 他说他是今天出征的士兵之一 |
[03:28] | Anyone can claim that. | 谁都能这么说 |
[03:29] | And that you have no right waging war in Syria. | 还说你无权向叙利亚宣战 |
[03:31] | You, in particular. | 尤其是你 |
[03:32] | I think we stay away. Rick, don’t you agree? | 我们还是别去了 里克 你说是吧 |
[03:34] | There’s no proof the threat is credible. Isn’t that right, Rick? | 并无证据表明这威胁可信 是吧 里克 |
[03:37] | Our intelligence division is investigating, | 我们的情报部门正在调查 |
[03:39] | and the advance team is already there, | 先遣队已经去了 |
[03:40] | but it’ll take at least a day | 但至少要一天 |
[03:42] | to comb through that base. | 才能把基地查一遍 |
[03:43] | I think what the vice president says is the best course. | 我认为副总统的提议是最佳选择 |
[03:47] | Maybe by tomorrow you could– | 或许到明天 你就能… |
[03:49] | Tomorrow is the fifth of July. | 明天就不是独立日了 |
[03:53] | – Yes, ma’am. – So what do you suggest I do? | -是 女士 -那你说我怎么办 |
[03:55] | Wish the nation a happy belated birthday? | 祝大家迟到的国庆节快乐吗 |
[03:57] | Our only concern is your safety– | 我们只是担心你的安全… |
[03:59] | We’re not cancelling. | 不能取消 |
[04:01] | I am sending those soldiers onto a battlefield. | 我要让那些士兵上战场 |
[04:04] | The first female president of the United States | 美国史上第一位女性总统 |
[04:06] | is not gonna keep her mouth shut on the Fourth of fucking July. | 才不要在7月4日这天被人吓得说不出话 |
[05:50] | Lieutenant General Gallagher would understand. | 盖拉格中将也能理解的 |
[05:53] | I could appear instead. | 我可以替你出席 |
[05:54] | – Speak for you. – Stop. | -替你讲话 -停下 |
[05:59] | Is it my safety that concerns you, | 你担心的是我的安全 |
[06:02] | or my potential endorsement of Gallagher? | 还是我可能背书盖拉格 |
[06:04] | Your safety first, of course. | 当然是你的安全第一 |
[06:07] | But singling her out, that’s a provocation. | 但单提她 这是挑衅 |
[06:09] | And so? | 那又如何 |
[06:11] | I can’t provoke them? | 我就不能刺激下他们吗 |
[06:13] | You’re forwarding a candidate the Shepherds are against, | 你在支持一个谢泼德家族反对的 |
[06:15] | in their home state. | 家乡州候选人 |
[06:17] | – After months of negotiation. – This is not a negotiation, | -经过了数月的协商 -这不是协商 |
[06:20] | this is an ultimatum. Sign the bill or what? | 这是最后通牒 签署法案 否则 |
[06:23] | Or what, Mark? | 否则什么 马克 |
[06:28] | When Francis was looking to finance his foundation, | 弗兰西斯想给他的基金会拉资助时 |
[06:30] | why did you point him towards Bill and Annette? | 你为什么给他介绍了比尔和安奈特 |
[06:33] | I didn’t. Raymond Tusk arranged it. | 我没有 是雷蒙德·塔斯克安排的 |
[06:35] | Or maybe they reached out to him? | 也或者是他们联系了他 |
[06:38] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[06:40] | I– What does it matter? They’re working with you now. | 有什么关系呢 他们现在跟你合作了 |
[06:45] | I need to meet with the Shepherds directly. | 我要直接见谢泼德兄妹 |
[06:47] | Madam President. | 总统女士 |
[06:48] | I’ll see them before my appearance at the base. | 我去基地前先见他们一面 |
[06:50] | – You can’t. – I what? | -不行 -什么 |
[06:54] | I’ll let them know. | 我会通知他们的 |
[06:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:03] | You’re due at the base by 4:45, | 您4:45要到基地 |
[07:05] | which will have you back here by 8:30. | 然后8:30回来这里 |
[07:08] | The fireworks show begins right after nine. | 烟火秀9点过后开始 |
[07:10] | And the Examiner would love your okay on the photos. | 《纽约观察家》想请您过下这些照片 |
[07:29] | Is there any progress on the source of the sound? | 那个声音的来源查出什么进展了吗 |
[07:32] | The GSA is still looking into it. | 总务管理局还在调查 |
[07:34] | They’re checking the floorboards above and below, | 他们在检查楼上楼下的地板 |
[07:35] | – in case there’s– – I don’t want to wait anymore. | -以防… -我不想再等了 |
[07:38] | Please tell the executive housekeeper | 请转告行政管家 |
[07:40] | I’d like the former president’s belongings packed up. | 把前总统的东西收拾好 |
[07:43] | I’ll have it taken care of. | 我会去处理的 |
[10:01] | It’s not true what he told you all those years ago. | 他多年前对你们说的那句话是不对的 |
[10:05] | That there are two kinds, useful and useless. | 痛苦有两种 一种让你变强 一种毫无价值 |
[10:09] | There’s only one kind. | 其实只有一种 |
[10:11] | Pain is pain. | 痛苦就是痛苦 |
[10:23] | Francis… | 弗兰西斯 |
[10:26] | I’m done with you. | 我和你结束了 |
[10:39] | There. | 瞧 |
[10:40] | No more pain. | 没有痛苦了 |
[10:50] | You do this all day? | 你一整天都做这个吗 |
[10:54] | I’m under psychiatric observation, Seth. | 我在接受精神科观察 赛斯 |
[10:56] | This is what you do. | 就得这样 |
[11:02] | Who’s your new tailor? | 你的新裁缝是谁 |
[11:05] | You gotta look the part. | 总得打扮得像样 |
[11:08] | So, when do they decide | 他们什么时候做出决定 |
[11:10] | whether you’re crazy or not? | 你疯没疯 |
[11:13] | Because if you’re not, | 因为如果你没疯 |
[11:15] | you should come work for us. | 你应该来为我们工作 |
[11:17] | Us? | 我们 |
[11:20] | Have you been working there for about five minutes? | 你不也就才在那儿工作了五分钟吗 |
[11:23] | It’s been a month, actually. | 其实都一个月了 |
[11:26] | So his body wasn’t even cold. | 他还尸骨未寒呢 |
[11:28] | It’s what he would have wanted. | 他也会希望如此的 |
[11:30] | The Underwood Foundation was basically gonna be modeled after | 安德伍德基金会基本上将会参照 |
[11:32] | the Shepherd Freedom Foundation. | 谢泼德自由基金会来建设 |
[11:34] | I don’t need the job. | 我不需要这份工作 |
[11:37] | Well, for a confessed murderer, you’re pretty confident. | 作为认罪杀人犯 你还挺自信啊 |
[11:41] | I’m about to be pardoned. | 我就要被赦免了 |
[11:42] | Pardon? | 什么 |
[11:45] | You really think that she’s gonna give you one? | 你真觉得她会赦免你 |
[11:47] | As usual, you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about. | 你还是那样 什么都不知道 |
[11:51] | You know, there wasn’t the kind of crowd that you’d expect for him | 他在加夫尼下葬时 出席的人数 |
[11:54] | down there in Gaffney. | 没有按说该有的那么多 |
[11:55] | He wanted to be buried in Arlington. | 他本想葬在阿灵顿公墓的 |
[11:57] | Not next to his father. | 而不是挨着他父亲 |
[11:59] | That’s not what his wife said. | 他妻子可不是这么说的 |
[12:04] | Tell me something. | 告诉我 |
[12:07] | She even shed a tear? | 她哭过吗 |
[12:09] | You know… | 知道吗 |
[12:11] | I’m almost envious, to tell you the truth. | 老实说 我都有点嫉妒 |
[12:15] | That even beyond the grave, | 就算他进了坟墓 |
[12:18] | you’d do anything for Francis Underwood. | 你也愿意为弗兰西斯·安德伍德赴汤蹈火 |
[12:26] | Doug, do you have my lighter? | 道格 你给我拿打火机了吗 |
[12:34] | Much obliged. | 多谢 |
[12:41] | Was that who I thought it was? | 那是我想的那个人吗 |
[12:43] | Fred Amburg? He went off the deep end? | 弗莱德·安博格 他也疯了 |
[12:45] | Everyone has problems, Seth. | 每个人都有点问题 赛斯 |
[12:48] | Especially the ones who think they don’t. | 尤其是自以为没有的那些 |
[13:08] | – Claire. – Annette. | -克莱尔 -安奈特 |
[13:11] | Oh, did you get my note? | 你收到我的信了吗 |
[13:14] | Oh, I haven’t had the courage to read the condolences yet. | 我还没能鼓起勇气读悼念信呢 |
[13:18] | It’s good to see you finally out and about. | 很高兴看到你终于出来活动了 |
[13:21] | Oh, what you’ve been through. | 你受了多少苦啊 |
[13:25] | You know all about it. | 你最了解了 |
[13:27] | Well, for a long time, I pretended he was still alive. | 很长一段时间里 我假装他还活着 |
[13:31] | Out of town. | 只是出城了 |
[13:32] | It was our son Duncan that really saved me. | 是我们的儿子邓肯挽救了我 |
[13:35] | Of course, we weren’t married anywhere near | 当然了 我们结婚可远没有 |
[13:37] | as long as you and Frank. | 你和弗兰克那么久 |
[13:39] | Claire Hale. | 克莱尔·黑尔 |
[13:41] | Nine years. | 九年前 |
[13:43] | Late spring, | 晚春 |
[13:46] | Sun Valley. | 太阳谷 |
[13:50] | You look exactly the same. | 你一点没变 |
[13:52] | Well, it’s cities that age you, | 城市催人老 |
[13:54] | it’s what I tell everyone. | 我总跟人那么说 |
[13:58] | I hope you don’t mind | 希望你不介意 |
[13:59] | saying hello to a few of our closest friends. | 跟几位我们最好的朋友打招呼 |
[14:03] | They’re just here for a cocktail before the– | 他们就是来喝杯鸡尾酒 |
[14:06] | the sun goes down and the rest of the party shows up. | 等着太阳落山后 其余的客人到来 |
[14:09] | My sister’s fireworks show have become a bit of a tradition. | 我妹妹的烟火秀算是成了个传统了 |
[14:16] | Don’t worry. They know how to be discreet. | 别担心 他们会保密的 |
[14:24] | Scotty here just got his hands on Nexis Security. | 斯考特刚收购了奈克西斯安保 |
[14:27] | I heard you are speaking to the vice president about this. | 听说你还要就此事跟副总统谈 |
[14:30] | It’s a company of peacekeepers, mostly. | 就是一家维和公司 |
[14:32] | Oh, tremendous potential to create global partnerships. | 有构建国际合作的大潜力 |
[14:35] | Your husband helped me secure the deal. | 是你丈夫帮我谈妥了协议 |
[14:36] | I wanted to bring him onto the Board. | 我本想拉他进董事会的 |
[14:39] | Bill was saying… | 比尔还说… |
[14:40] | Yes, I was just saying. | 是啊 我还说呢 |
[14:42] | Why in the world do they play | 他们为什么要在 |
[14:43] | the “1812 Overture” at a fireworks show? | 烟火秀上演奏《1812序曲》 |
[14:43] | 由柴科夫斯基创作 纪念1812年俄国人民击退拿破仑大军的入侵 作品以曲中的炮火声闻名 一些演出中还会真用大炮 | |
[14:47] | It’s Russian, for Chrissakes, in every sense. | 那可是彻头彻尾的俄国曲子 |
[14:50] | This is Tabitha. | 这是塔比莎 |
[14:53] | Peters, I know. | 彼得斯 我知道 |
[14:55] | Frank… | 弗兰克 |
[14:57] | – Wasn’t he planning to be here today? – He was. | -他今天本来也会到的吧 -是啊 |
[14:59] | You must miss him terribly. | 你肯定很想他 |
[15:02] | I had some long and hard-fought conversations with him. | 我曾多次跟他进行过长时间的激烈对话 |
[15:05] | He was going to help me resolve this AFL-CIO thing | 他本想帮我解决内华达州那边 |
[15:08] | that’s been going on forever out in Nevada, | 旷日持久的劳联-产联的问题 |
[15:10] | with your help, of course. | 当然了 是在你的帮助下 |
[15:12] | When the union stands in the way of innovation, | 工会如果阻挡创新 |
[15:15] | it’s sentencing itself to death. | 就是自寻死路 |
[15:18] | I do admire the way you hang on to your party. | 我很欣赏你坚持与党派站在一起 |
[15:21] | Your loyalty. | 如此忠诚 |
[15:24] | Did I hear that Lieutenant General Nancy Gallagher | 这是真的吗 据说南茜·盖拉格中将 |
[15:26] | will be appearing with you later today? | 今天稍后会与你一同露面 |
[15:32] | I think she’d make an excellent candidate, | 我认为她能是个好候选人 |
[15:34] | if she decides to run, of course. | 如果她决定竞选的话 |
[15:37] | Oh, she’s going to run. | 她绝对会的 |
[15:44] | The president is on a tight schedule. | 总统日程很紧 |
[15:54] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[16:12] | Well, this is a surprise. | 这真令人没想到 |
[16:15] | You know how Midwesterners feel about those. | 你知道中西部的人不喜欢意料之外的事 |
[16:17] | Oh, don’t listen to him. It’s about time you came out. | 别听他的 你也该出来了 |
[16:21] | Seems we have some things to discuss. | 我们似乎有事要谈 |
[16:24] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:25] | Well, as far as this special election is concerned, Claire, | 就这场特别选举来说 克莱尔 |
[16:28] | you need to know that the soon-to-be-retiring Miss Gallagher | 你要知道即将退休的盖拉格女士 |
[16:32] | is out of question. | 是绝对不行的 |
[16:34] | And I’m happy to see we’re both fans | 我很高兴我们都喜欢 |
[16:36] | of the Declaration of Independence, | 《独立宣言》 |
[16:38] | unalienable rights and all that. | 天赋人权什么的 |
[16:40] | But it says down here in the speech you’re gonna give later– | 但你待会儿要发表的演讲里写着… |
[16:42] | Miss Gallagher has my support. | 我支持盖拉格女士 |
[16:46] | I believe Mark conveyed our concerns. | 我相信马克表达了我们的担忧 |
[16:49] | And communicated mine, I hope. | 希望他也表达了我的 |
[16:51] | She’s a tax and spend Democrat underneath that uniform. | 她褪去军装就是个支持大政府的民主党 |
[16:54] | – A patriot with a pristine resume. – Claire. | -是简历卓越的爱国者 -克莱尔 |
[16:57] | Who is very vocal about keeping private contractors | 而且高调反对让私人承包商 |
[17:00] | – away from US military operations. – Even as a negotiating point, | -插手美军行动 -就算作为协商筹码 |
[17:02] | you can do better than her. | 也有比她强的 |
[17:03] | And I am tired of these delays, Madam President. | 我厌倦了你的拖延 总统女士 |
[17:06] | It is time for you to deliver. | 你该说到做到了 |
[17:11] | – Your husband and I had an agreement. – Francis is dead. | -你丈夫和我有协议的 -弗兰西斯死了 |
[17:13] | – Promises were made. – Not by me. | -我们得到了承诺 -不是我给的 |
[17:18] | Just like you, I like to negotiate my own agreements. | 就像你一样 我也想自己谈协议 |
[17:22] | And make no mistake about it, | 别搞错了 |
[17:23] | the lieutenant general is not an anomaly. | 中将并不是个例外 |
[17:26] | I know that. I’ve seen your list of candidates for the midterms– | 我知道 我看到了你的中期选举候选人 |
[17:28] | Yes, mostly women. | 是啊 大都是女人 |
[17:29] | I don’t care what sex they are. | 我才不管他们是男是女 |
[17:32] | And for the record, nobody loves women more than me. | 另外 没人比我更喜欢女人了 |
[17:34] | But this slate of yours, it will bankrupt the country. | 但你的候选人名单 会拖垮这个国家 |
[17:37] | They will set us back a generation. They will completely– | 会让我们倒退一代 会完全… |
[17:40] | Support me and what I stand for. | 支持我 和我的立场 |
[17:43] | And what is that? | 那是什么 |
[17:44] | – Oh, come on, Bill. – No, no. Tell me. | -得了 比尔 -不 你说啊 |
[17:46] | I wanna know. What’s your mission? | 我想听听 你的使命是什么 |
[17:48] | – I wanna know what your platform is. – Oh, please. | -我想知道你的纲领是什么 -得了 |
[17:50] | I know you’d like to drown DC all at once. | 我知道你想一下肃清华府 |
[17:52] | But I’m gonna tell you right now, I cannot let that happen. | 但我这就告诉你 我不会允许的 |
[17:55] | I still believe in government | 我依然相信政府 |
[17:56] | and its ability to make the everyday lives of its citizens better. | 相信它有能力改善其公民的日常生活 |
[18:00] | – Yeah. – You don’t wanna support my slate, | -嗯 -你不想支持我的候选人 |
[18:02] | that’s fine. | 好啊 |
[18:04] | – Claire… – All I ask is stay out of the way. | -克莱尔 -我只要求你别碍事 |
[18:10] | There’s a bill sitting on your desk. | 你桌上有一份法案 |
[18:14] | A bill that took years… | 这份法案耗时数年 |
[18:16] | and money to get passed. | 耗费财力才获得通过 |
[18:19] | You sign that, | 你签署了 |
[18:21] | and I know I got a friend in the White House. | 我就知道我在白宫里有朋友 |
[18:25] | If not… | 如果你不签 |
[18:28] | – Then I don’t. – Enough. | -那我就没有 -够了 |
[18:33] | Nothing good happens to you when she’s around. | 有她在 你是不会有好果子吃的 |
[18:35] | Nothing. | 相信我 |
[18:37] | Why did you come out for Francis? | 你为什么赞助了弗兰西斯 |
[18:39] | For his foundation? | 他的基金会 |
[18:41] | I don’t think you ever really liked him. | 我没觉得你真喜欢过他 |
[18:44] | Probably never respected him. Why back him now? | 可能从未尊重过他 为什么现在支持他 |
[18:49] | Because he gave us you. | 因为他把你给了我们 |
[18:54] | Tell our friends I’ll be back down in time for the fireworks. | 告诉我们的朋友们 我会赶上下来看烟火的 |
[19:06] | Just so you know, I always liked Frank. | 你要知道 我一直喜欢弗兰克 |
[19:11] | His desperation. | 喜欢他的绝望 |
[19:17] | I’m sorry you can’t stay. | 很遗憾你不能留下 |
[19:19] | I do enjoy curating our little show. | 我很喜欢组织我们的烟火秀 |
[19:23] | I collect a variety of fireworks shells as I travel. | 我出行时收集了各种烟火弹 |
[19:27] | Italy, Spain, China. | 意大利 西班牙 中国 |
[19:30] | Do you know what the hardest color to make is? | 你知道最难做的色彩是什么吗 |
[19:35] | – Red? – No, red’s easy. | -红色吗 -不 红色很简单 |
[19:37] | White’s easy. | 白色也很简单 |
[19:40] | It’s blue. | 是蓝色 |
[19:41] | Very tricky chemistry involving copper and heat. | 铜和温度的化学调剂很难弄 |
[19:44] | A truly bright blue is extremely elusive. | 真正的亮蓝色是非常不好做的 |
[19:49] | Whatever Francis promised or did… | 不管弗兰西斯承诺了什么 做了什么 |
[19:53] | is buried with him. | 都跟他一起入土了 |
[19:55] | No, I know. | 我知道 |
[19:58] | We all need to let him go. | 我们都得对他放手 |
[20:02] | Start from some kind of scratch. | 从头做起 |
[20:06] | Though it must haunt you, | 但你肯定很难安吧 |
[20:09] | the fact that he died next to you in bed. | 他就在床上你身旁长眠不起 |
[20:19] | Hon… | 亲爱的 |
[20:23] | be patient. | 耐心点 |
[20:29] | Are you saying, she doesn’t like the name? | 你是说 她不喜欢这名字吗 |
[20:30] | I think she finds it incomplete. | 我觉得她认为名字不够完整 |
[20:31] | What’s wrong with the Comprehensive Safety Act? | 《综合安全法案》有什么不好 |
[20:33] | Comprehensive Chemical Safety Act? | 那《综合化学安全法案》呢 |
[20:35] | Or we could go back to the Smarter Safety Act. | 也可以再回去用《精简安全法案》 |
[20:37] | Would she like “smarter” better? | 她会更喜欢”精简”吗 |
[20:38] | No, we need a good acronym. | 不行 得有个好缩写 |
[20:40] | Mr. Vice President? | 副总统先生 |
[20:42] | Mark? | 马克 |
[20:44] | Yeah. Agreed. | 嗯 是啊 |
[20:46] | At one point, we talked about the Repeal Unsafe Regulation Act. | 我们还曾考虑过《不安全监管废止法案》 |
[20:49] | That’s RURAL if we come up with an L. | 如果能再加个L开头的就是”农村”了 |
[20:51] | Legislation? | 立法吗 |
[20:52] | That doesn’t make sense with the rest of it. | 那跟其他的凑不到一起去 |
[20:54] | “RURAL” is too hard to say. “SAFE” is good. | “农村”这词不好念 “安全”更好 |
[20:56] | Safety. Future. | 安全 未来 |
[20:58] | – I like “FUTURE.” – Federal Universal Toxic and Unsafe… | -“未来”好 -联邦综合有毒危险物… |
[21:03] | – Regulation Eradication. – Okay. | -去监管法案 -好 |
[21:05] | – The FUTURE Act. – That could work. | -那就《未来法案》了 -可以 |
[21:08] | May I ask, Mr. Vice President, | 可以问一下 副总统先生 |
[21:10] | does her hesitation go beyond the name? | 除了名字她还有其他疑虑吗 |
[21:14] | She’ll come around. I’m guessing… | 她会想通的 我猜… |
[21:17] | by the end of the day. | 到今天晚上吧 |
[21:19] | Because in one form or another, | 因为不管是什么名字 |
[21:20] | this bill has been on her desk since– | 这份法案已经在她桌上放了… |
[21:21] | She’ll sign it, Henry. | 她会签的 亨利 |
[21:25] | Bill. | 比尔 |
[21:30] | What do you want me to do? | 你要我做什么 |
[21:31] | Yank her from her own military base? | 把她从自己的军事基地拽回来吗 |
[21:37] | When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary | 在人类大事件的过程中 当一个人 |
[21:41] | for one people to dissolve the political bands | 有必要解除将他们与另一个人 |
[21:44] | which have connected them with another, | 联系在一起的政治纽带时 |
[21:46] | you just have to do it. | 你得当机立断 |
[21:49] | Sever the relationship. | 切断关系 |
[21:52] | Our nation’s founding document, | 我们国家的立国文献 |
[21:54] | the Declaration of Independence– | 《独立宣言》 |
[21:56] | America’s independence– | 美国的独立 |
[21:58] | was hard-fought and hard-won. | 是经过艰苦斗争赢来的 |
[22:01] | Are you still there? | 你还在听吗 |
[22:02] | Our Founding Fathers imagined a nation that was free. | 我们的国父构想了一个自由国度 |
[22:07] | Free from despotism. | 摆脱专制 |
[22:09] | Free from absolute tyranny. | 摆脱暴政 |
[22:12] | Free from an oppressive king. | 摆脱国王压迫 |
[22:14] | Do you miss Francis? | 你想弗兰西斯了吗 |
[22:16] | Tyrants come in many forms. | 暴君有多种多样 |
[22:19] | From the American oligarchs | 从美国政治寡头 |
[22:20] | trying to change the very fabric of our society, | 企图改变社会根本 |
[22:24] | to autocrats threatening from abroad. | 到在海外叫嚣的独裁者 |
[22:28] | Now, each one of us has to defend our destiny. | 我们每个人都要维护我们的命运 |
[22:33] | And as I see it, | 在我看来 |
[22:35] | the fight against tyranny is the only justification for war. | 抵抗暴政是战争的唯一合理理由 |
[22:41] | My first 100 days as president have been difficult. | 我作为总统的头一百天很艰难 |
[22:47] | I lost my husband. | 我失去了丈夫 |
[22:49] | We were about to celebrate 30 years together. | 我们本来正要庆祝结婚30周年 |
[22:53] | But I know what he would want. | 但我了解他的心愿 |
[22:55] | For me to stop mourning and carry on. | 他会希望我停止哀伤 继续生活 |
[22:59] | With the help of women like Lieutenant General Nancy Gallagher, | 在南茜·盖拉格中将这样的女性的帮助下 |
[23:03] | my presidency will not rest. | 我的任期将充满实干 |
[23:06] | Nancy has been an inspiration to me. | 南茜深深激励了我 |
[23:09] | A tireless warrior. | 她是不倦的勇士 |
[23:11] | I promise her and all of you | 我向她也向你们保证 |
[23:12] | that I will work on behalf of the rights | 我会为我们的民主国家 |
[23:14] | and freedoms earned over the last 241 years of our democracy. | 这241年间所赢得的权利和自由而奋斗 |
[23:20] | As I look into the eyes | 当我看着今天 |
[23:22] | of you brave soldiers standing before me today… | 站在我面前的这些勇敢战士们的眼睛 |
[23:25] | Here’s the thing. | 是这样的 |
[23:26] | I’m feeling so proud right now. | 我此刻无比骄傲 |
[23:29] | Proud to be your Commander-in-Chief. | 为做你们的三军统帅骄傲 |
[23:31] | Whatever Francis told you the last five years, | 不管弗兰西斯这五年来对你们说了什么 |
[23:34] | don’t believe a com.funword.word of it. | 一个字都别信 |
[23:35] | Our country is 241 years old, my friends. | 我们国家已经241岁了 朋友们 |
[23:39] | Let’s wish this great nation a happy birthday. | 我们祝这个伟大国家生日快乐吧 |
[23:41] | Say it with me. | 跟我一起说 |
[23:43] | Happy birthday, America! | 生日快乐 美国 |
[23:45] | Happy Birthday, America! | 生日快乐 美国 |
[23:48] | It’s going to be different for you and me. | 我们的情况会有所不同 |
[23:49] | One more time. | 再来一次 |
[23:51] | I’m going to tell you the truth. | 我要对你说实话 |
[23:52] | Happy Birthday, America. | 生日快乐 美国 |
[23:56] | – Thank you for your service. – Thank you. | -谢谢你的服役 -谢谢 |
[23:59] | Thank you for your service. | 谢谢你的服役 |
[24:01] | – Thank you for your service. – Thank you. | -谢谢你的服役 -谢谢 |
[24:05] | I want you to know how wonderful it is to be here and meet | 我希望你们知道我有多高兴能来见见 |
[24:08] | all of you new recruits. | 你们这些新兵 |
[24:10] | So, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[24:11] | Thank you for your service. | 谢谢你的服役 |
[24:13] | – Thank you. – Thank you, ma’am. | -谢谢 -谢谢 女士 |
[24:15] | Thank you for your service. Where are you from, private? | 谢谢你的服役 你是哪来的 二等兵 |
[24:17] | Kalamazoo, Mr. President. | 卡拉马祖 总统先生 |
[24:20] | – Excuse me, Madam President. – That’s quite all right. | -抱歉 总统女士 -没事的 |
[24:22] | I actually hate “Madam.” | 我其实讨厌”女士”这个词 |
[24:24] | Makes me sound like I’m running a brothel | 让我觉得自己是管理妓院的老鸨 |
[24:25] | and not a country. | 不是在管理国家 |
[24:27] | – Thank you for your service. – Thank you, Madam President. | -谢谢你的服役 -谢谢 总统女士 |
[24:29] | Thank you for your service. | 谢谢你的服役 |
[24:31] | And where are you from, Pvt. Burton? | 你是哪来的 伯顿二等兵 |
[24:32] | South Bend, ma’am. | 南本德 女士 |
[24:34] | Oh, I love Indiana. | 我爱印第安纳州 |
[24:36] | I enlisted right before you took office. | 我是在您上任前不久入伍的 |
[24:38] | Well, I promise you and every woman in this country | 我向你和美国所有女性保证 |
[24:41] | that during my presidency | 在我任期内 |
[24:43] | the key components of the Equal Rights Amendment | 会确保《平权修正案》的关键部分 |
[24:45] | will finally pass. | 终能获得通过 |
[24:47] | I’m going to make sure of it. | 我会确保这一点的 |
[24:49] | I want you to know I support you. | 我希望你知道我支持你 |
[24:52] | Do you even have a plan? | 你制定好计划了吗 |
[24:55] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[24:57] | One that won’t get us all killed? | 一个不会把我们都害死的计划 |
[25:00] | Oh, man… | 天呐 |
[25:02] | Would you have asked me that if I were a man? | 如果我是个男人你还会这么问我吗 |
[25:14] | Madam President! | 总统女士 |
[25:19] | One question, please! | 请回答一个问题 |
[26:31] | How much longer till we get to the plane? | 我们还有多久能上飞机 |
[26:33] | Just another 25 minutes or so, Madam President. | 还有25分钟左右 总统女士 |
[26:35] | Okay, thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[26:38] | Shit! | 该死 |
[26:40] | – Is she shot? – Stay down, stay down! | -她中枪了吗 -趴下 趴下 |
[26:42] | Shots fired! Shots fired! | 有人开枪 有人开枪 |
[26:45] | Are you okay, Madam President? | 你没事吧 总统女士 |
[26:46] | – Are you all right? – Yes. | -你没事吧 -没事 |
[26:49] | Lone Star is safe. | 孤星安全 |
[27:14] | Sir, someone just tried to kill the president. | 先生 刚有人企图行刺总统 |
[27:19] | I just got the alert. Is she all right? | 我刚收到警报 她没事吧 |
[27:21] | This way. | 这边请 |
[27:38] | Lincoln, | 林肯 |
[27:41] | Garfield, McKinley, | 加菲尔德 麦金利 |
[27:43] | Kennedy. | 肯尼迪 |
[27:45] | Successful assassinations, total of four. | 刺杀成功 一共四起 |
[27:52] | The attempts– Nine? | 企图刺杀 是九起吗 |
[27:56] | Jackson, both Roosevelts. | 杰克逊 两个罗斯福 |
[28:00] | Truman. Ford twice. | 特鲁门 福特两次 |
[28:03] | Reagan… | 里根 |
[28:05] | the first Underwood and… | 第一任安德伍德 还有… |
[28:10] | I will say, whoever tried to kill me, | 我得说 那个企图杀我的人 |
[28:14] | perversely, | 事与愿违了 |
[28:15] | it’s the first sign of real respect I’ve gotten in 100 days. | 这是100天以来 我第一次真正感到受尊重 |
[28:29] | Somebody tried to kill her. | 有人企图杀她 |
[28:32] | Bill. | 比尔 |
[28:36] | Can you blame them? | 也难怪吧 |
[28:39] | The Underwoods have always been hard of hearing. | 安德伍德夫妇都挺耳背的 |
[28:43] | She’s not him. | 她不是他 |
[28:45] | No, no. | 是啊 |
[28:46] | She is not. | 她的确不是 |
[28:47] | You know that better than anyone. | 这你最清楚了 |
[28:52] | Is it public? | 公开了吗 |
[28:54] | Secret Service shut it down. Standard procedure, apparently. | 被特勤局保密了 据说是标准程序 |
[28:58] | Threats beget threats. | 威胁会招致威胁 |
[29:01] | Bill… | 比尔 |
[29:03] | were you behind this? | 是你搞的吗 |
[29:08] | We’re gonna miss the show. | 我们要错过烟火了 |
[29:18] | – How are y’all? – Madam President. | -你们好吗 -总统女士 |
[29:20] | Hi, I’m so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[29:21] | I want to apologize for the late departure. | 我想为延迟出发表示道歉 |
[29:23] | I know you all have families and festivities waiting. | 我知道你们都还有家人和庆典在等着你们 |
[29:26] | Madam President, may I ask what happened? | 总统女士 我可以问问发生了什么吗 |
[29:30] | The Beast was re-routed due to security concerns. | 因为安全原因 “野兽”总统专车改道了 |
[29:34] | It’s pretty routine. | 很正常的 |
[29:36] | I know it’s been a while since I’ve been back here. | 我知道我已经挺久没来过后面了 |
[29:39] | I just wanted to wish you all a very happy Fourth, | 我想祝大家国庆节快乐 |
[29:41] | even if you’re gonna be celebrating it on the fifth. | 虽然你们要明天才能庆祝了 |
[29:44] | I’m so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[29:45] | Your speech, afterwards with– | 你的讲话 之后… |
[29:48] | Yes, the new recruit. | 是啊 那名新兵 |
[29:50] | If a new recruit, especially a female one, | 如果一名新兵 尤其还是女兵 |
[29:53] | can’t speak her mind, | 不能表达自己的看法 |
[29:54] | I don’t know what kind of country we actually are. | 那我真不知我们生活在什么样的国家里了 |
[30:01] | And be sure to tell us if you run out of beer. | 如果你们没啤酒了一定要说 |
[30:04] | Because I am sure there’s a couple of cases | 因为我敢肯定我们还有几箱 |
[30:05] | left over from the Carter administration. | 是卡特政府时期留下的 |
[30:09] | And you’re new. | 你是新来的 |
[30:12] | Yes, ma’am. Melody Cruz. | 是的 女士 梅乐蒂·科鲁兹 |
[30:14] | I’m with Beltway Television. | 我是首都电视的 |
[30:15] | Well, I hope everyone is making you feel at home. | 希望大家对你还算热情 |
[30:18] | Very much so. | 很热情 |
[30:19] | It’s an honor to finally meet you. | 很荣幸终于见到了您 |
[30:21] | I’m a bit overwhelmed, sorry. | 我有点激动了 抱歉 |
[30:23] | – Don’t worry, I don’t bite. – No, I know. | -没事 我不咬人 -我知道 |
[30:27] | It’s strange, I was supposed to interview your husband. | 很奇怪 我本该采访您丈夫的 |
[30:31] | It was scheduled for a few days after he died. | 本来安排在他死后的几天 |
[30:35] | It was going to be an exclusive. | 本来会是一篇独家专访 |
[30:36] | We’d had a number of pre-interviews. | 我们已做了几次预采访 |
[30:39] | Questions we’d agreed on. | 也说定了一些问题 |
[30:42] | Questions like? | 什么样的问题 |
[30:44] | Like, was the president going to pardon him? | 比如 总统会赦免他吗 |
[30:48] | And when? | 以及何时 |
[30:50] | Will you? Even now, posthumously? | 你会吗 甚至是在他死后 |
[30:56] | I know you did an exclusive with The New York Examiner, | 我知道你跟《纽约观察家》做了专访 |
[30:59] | but I’m guessing that’s only going to scratch the surface. | 但我猜那只会停留于表面 |
[31:03] | I bet you have more to say | 我相信你还有更多想说的 |
[31:05] | – about the state of your marriage– – Miss… | -关于你的婚姻状况 -小姐 |
[31:08] | Cruz, is it? | 科鲁兹小姐 是吧 |
[31:09] | I don’t know if anyone’s told you, | 不知道有人跟你说过没有 |
[31:10] | but when the president visits this part of the plane, | 但总统来飞机这一区时 |
[31:13] | it’s usually considered off the record. | 一般是默认为不做记录的 |
[31:15] | But you can ask my press secretary anything you like | 但等我们落地了 你有什么问题 |
[31:17] | once we’re back on the ground. | 都可以问我的新闻发言人 |
[31:29] | You’re especially quiet this evening. | 你今晚尤其地安静 |
[31:33] | Maybe I’m a little agitated. | 或许我有点焦躁 |
[31:39] | Our patients don’t do too well when it comes to fireworks. | 我们的病人对烟火的反应都不佳 |
[31:44] | Pardon me. | 抱歉 |
[31:52] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[31:53] | I don’t understand why you leave that on when we’re meeting. | 我不明白我们会面时 你为什么还开着它 |
[31:56] | Well, it’s not like you’re saying anything different or new. | 反正你也不会说点什么新东西 |
[32:00] | Your dedication to your script would be admirable | 你照本宣科的执着都堪称可敬了 |
[32:03] | if it weren’t so concerning. | 只是这太让人担心 |
[32:08] | In a few weeks, I’ll be appearing at a hearing | 再过几周 我就要出席一场听证会 |
[32:11] | regarding your state of mind | 就你的心理状态作证 |
[32:14] | and when it comes to your confession, | 至于你的供认 |
[32:16] | even a guilty man changes his story now and then. | 有罪之人也会时不时改变说辞 |
[32:23] | Who do you answer to? | 你听命于谁 |
[32:26] | I mean, who do you work for? | 你为谁工作 |
[32:29] | You. | 你 |
[32:33] | That’s the idea, anyway. | 至少该是这意思 |
[32:36] | Everybody works for somebody. | 每个人都有老板的 |
[32:44] | I worked for a man who refused to fail. | 我曾经的老板是一个不肯认输的人 |
[32:49] | I respected that. | 我尊重那点 |
[32:51] | I appreciated it. | 也很感激 |
[32:58] | I’d be dead without him. | 没有他我早死了 |
[33:01] | Why? | 为什么 |
[33:13] | I was working as an aide for a congressman. | 我原本是一个议员的助理 |
[33:17] | He was idealistic and naive. | 他理想化又天真 |
[33:19] | Had one-term written all over him. | 一看就没有连任的命 |
[33:23] | But I needed a job, a place to be. | 但我需要份工作 需要个去处 |
[33:28] | I was barely keeping it together. | 我当时在勉强支撑 |
[33:34] | Francis and I met at some function. | 弗兰西斯和我在一场活动上相识 |
[33:37] | You know, the kind you stand up at. | 就是那种站着的活动 |
[33:42] | I don’t know how he knew, but I had eight bottles in my trunk. | 我不知道他怎么知道的 但我车里有八瓶酒 |
[33:47] | I got through four that night when he came to my door. | 那晚他找到我家时 我已经喝了四瓶 |
[33:51] | I don’t remember much. | 我不记得多少了 |
[33:54] | Not clearly. | 都很模糊了 |
[33:59] | He took me to his home. | 他带我回了他家 |
[34:02] | But Claire… | 但克莱尔… |
[34:07] | Francis got me dry. | 弗兰西斯帮我戒了酒 |
[34:11] | I shook so badly I thought I was gonna die. | 我抖得好厉害 我以为自己会死 |
[34:16] | And then when I was finally got clean, | 等我终于戒掉了 |
[34:19] | he gave me my first job. | 他给了我第一份工作 |
[34:23] | As an aide? | 做助理吗 |
[34:26] | Sort of. | 算是吧 |
[34:29] | He asked me to go talk to Congressman Kyle from Iowa. | 他叫我去找爱荷华州的凯尔议员谈谈 |
[34:32] | To what end? | 谈什么 |
[34:36] | To persuade him. | 说服他 |
[34:40] | And I did. | 我做到了 |
[34:47] | But Claire… | 但克莱尔… |
[34:50] | The way she treated him, | 她对待他的方式 |
[34:54] | in life and in death… | 不论是生前还是死后 |
[35:04] | But you pay a price, when you work for somebody like him. | 但为他那样的人工作总要付出代价 |
[35:08] | Somebody you owe. | 欠下人情债 |
[35:18] | Somebody close to me died in a car accident. | 我一个亲近的人死于了车祸 |
[35:24] | That’s how I broke the terms of my house arrest. | 所以我才违反了软禁协议 |
[35:29] | I went to see the site of her wreck. | 我去看她的车祸现场了 |
[35:33] | It was twisted on the side of the road. | 场面很难看 就在路边 |
[35:39] | I just stood there. | 我站在那里 |
[35:42] | An accident? | 事故吗 |
[35:46] | So they said. | 他们说是的 |
[35:50] | And Zoe Barnes? | 佐伊·巴恩斯呢 |
[35:55] | I killed her. | 我杀了她 |
[35:58] | For the president. | 为了总统 |
[36:10] | That’s what he used to do when he won. | 以前他赢了就会这么敲 |
[36:16] | What did he leave you with? | 他给你留下了什么 |
[36:27] | Last thing that Francis gave me was | 弗兰西斯给我的最后一样东西 |
[36:29] | the letter opener from his desk. | 是他桌上的拆信刀 |
[36:33] | I mean, I chose it, but… | 是我选的 但是 |
[36:39] | But I guess really the last thing he gave me was an apology. | 或许该说他最后给我的一样东西 是一句道歉 |
[36:44] | I spoke to him the night he died. | 他死的那晚我跟他说过话 |
[38:18] | My presidency will not rest. | 我的任期将充满实干 |
[38:22] | Nancy has been an inspiration to me. | 南茜深深激励了我 |
[38:24] | A tireless warrior. | 她是不倦的勇士 |
[38:25] | I promise her and all of you | 我向她也向你们保证 |
[38:27] | that I will work on behalf of the rights | 我会为我们的民主国家 |
[38:29] | and freedoms earned over the last 241 years of our democracy. | 这241年间所赢得的权利和自由而奋斗 |
[38:34] | Tyrants come in many forms… | 暴君有多种多样 |
[38:36] | Pathetic. | 可悲 |
[38:37] | From the American oligarchs trying to change the very… | 从美国政治寡头企图改变 |
[38:48] | Are you sure you don’t want to take an hour or two to– | 你真不用休息一两个小时… |
[38:51] | Mark. I’m inside the White House. | 马克 我在白宫呢 |
[38:54] | There’s only two of us in the Oval, so unless you’re packing, | 总统办公室里只有你我 除非你带枪了 |
[38:57] | it’s literally the safest place I can be. | 这对我真的是最安全的地方了 |
[38:58] | Well, I’m not packing, Madam President, | 我没带枪 总统女士 |
[39:00] | but no one would fault you for taking a breath for a minute. | 但没人会怪你休息一会儿 喘口气的 |
[39:05] | I’m breathing just fine. | 我气喘得很匀 |
[39:08] | Can we keep news of this contained? | 我们能把这事保密吗 |
[39:10] | I’ve taken every possible step, I think. | 我已经采取了一切可能措施 |
[39:12] | So who is he? | 他是什么人 |
[39:15] | Well, they did forensics on the route. | 他们在路上进行了采证 |
[39:18] | Compared notes with the aerial detail. | 并与空中安保进行了沟通 |
[39:21] | Homeland Secretary and the Bureau were brought in. | 国土安全部和联调局都已介入 |
[39:24] | He never left the place he took the shot from. | 他就没有离开他开枪的地方 |
[39:33] | Can you answer a single question directly and simply? | 你能直截了当地回答我吗 |
[39:39] | He shot himself in the head | 他一枪爆了自己的头 |
[39:41] | with his own US military-issued handgun. | 用的是他自己的美军标准配发手枪 |
[39:46] | And we’re sure he’s the one? | 我们确定枪手就是他 |
[39:47] | Yeah. Pro-militia. Anti-government. | 是 支持民兵组织 反政府 |
[39:50] | Dishonorably discharged last year. All the typical markers. | 去年被开除军籍 有所有典型特征 |
[39:53] | Secret Service is confident. | 特勤局确定是他 |
[39:55] | And the Bureau’s investigating. | 联调局也在调查了 |
[40:00] | How did Bill Shepherd get his hands on my speech? | 比尔·谢泼德怎么拿到我的讲话的 |
[40:04] | What? | 什么 |
[40:05] | Well, the press usually gets it hours before. | 媒体往往几小时前就能拿到 |
[40:09] | It wouldn’t be that hard to access a copy, I guess. | 想拿到一份应该不难吧 |
[40:14] | I won’t be signing that today. | 我今天不会签那个的 |
[40:21] | You went there to declare your independence, | 你去那儿宣布你的独立 |
[40:23] | and you declared war. | 也宣了战 |
[40:24] | That was a mistake. | 那是个错误 |
[40:25] | No, the mistake was I didn’t hire a chief of staff, | 不 错误是我没雇幕僚长 |
[40:27] | and things are slipping through the cracks. | 就有些事疏于管理 |
[40:28] | That’s where I have to disagree with you. | 这我就不能认同了 |
[40:30] | We need to keep this circle small. | 我们得保持一个小圈子 |
[40:33] | You know, Francis warned me about you. | 弗兰西斯提醒过我小心你 |
[40:40] | I assure you, I serve at your pleasure, Madam President. | 我向你保证 我为你效力 总统女士 |
[40:43] | You need to stop meeting in my office without me. | 你不能再在我的办公室里开不带我的会了 |
[40:50] | Yes, ma’am. | 是 女士 |
[41:00] | Secret Service took the lead. | 是特勤局牵头调查的 |
[41:02] | But do you believe the theory? | 但你相信这个说法吗 |
[41:03] | That it was a disgruntled service person who took a shot at me? | 是一个不满的退役士兵冲我开了枪 |
[41:07] | PID does. | 警方调查部认为是 |
[41:10] | I’m asking what you think. | 我问你怎么想 |
[41:16] | It depends if it was a warning or an actual attempt. | 这要看这是警告还是真正的刺杀企图 |
[41:20] | Given the accuracy, | 看他的准头 |
[41:21] | the shooter would have been informed enough to know | 枪手应该有足够的情报知道 |
[41:23] | that a .50 caliber round wouldn’t penetrate the Beast. | .50子弹无法穿透”野兽” |
[41:28] | I think he wanted to scare you. | 我认为他就是想吓你 |
[41:30] | On behalf of someone. | 替人办事 |
[41:32] | Lots of people make threats against sitting presidents. | 有很多人会对在任总统发出威胁 |
[41:34] | I’m starting to believe Francis was murdered. | 我开始认为弗兰西斯是被谋杀的 |
[41:42] | Before he died, | 他死前 |
[41:43] | he aligned himself with some very powerful people. | 曾与一些很有势力的人结了盟 |
[41:45] | And I think they turned on him, and they wanted him dead, | 我认为他们与他反目 并想杀死他 |
[41:47] | and I think they want me dead, too. | 我觉得他们还想杀我 |
[41:52] | Do you think that sounds crazy? | 你觉得这听上去疯狂吗 |
[41:55] | No, ma’am. | 不 女士 |
[41:57] | But I think we need to bring in Special Agent Bowman– | 但我觉得我们该叫鲍曼特别探员来 |
[42:00] | Of these people, these powerful families, | 这些人 这些大家族 |
[42:02] | they advocate dismantling intelligence agencies. | 他们倡议解散情报机构 |
[42:06] | CIA, FBI, Homeland. | 中情局 联调局 国土安全部 |
[42:08] | You know that, right? | 你知道吧 |
[42:09] | – Ma’am– – We cannot bring | -女士 -我们现在 |
[42:11] | anyone else in at the moment. | 不能再拉上任何其他人 |
[42:15] | I’m relying on you | 我指望你了 |
[42:17] | the way I know my husband could. | 我知道我丈夫当初就能指望你 |
[42:20] | So, please see what you can find. | 请你去查查看 |
[42:29] | Is it ever Nate | 你被称作过纳特吗 |
[42:31] | or always Nathan? | 还是一直叫纳森 |
[42:34] | Nathan. | 纳森 |
[42:36] | Like Francis. | 就像弗兰西斯 |
[42:38] | For me, anyway. | 至少我总那么叫他 |
[42:44] | Oh, have you spoken to Doug Stamper? | 你跟道格·斯坦普谈过了吗 |
[42:50] | No. | 没有 |
[42:53] | I’m so worried about him. | 我好担心他 |
[42:54] | He did things no one in this White House should be proud of. | 他做了令白宫每个人都不耻的事 |
[43:22] | Hey, Mom. | 妈妈 |
[43:24] | How many people do you have there? | 你那边有多少人 |
[43:26] | Not many. | 不多 |
[43:27] | Nobody that interesting, anyway. | 至少没什么有趣的人 |
[43:30] | Her visit to the base. | 她的基地之行 |
[43:32] | Independence speech, | 关于独立的讲话 |
[43:33] | even the naughty soldier is playing well for her. | 甚至士兵的出言不逊对她都很有利 |
[43:36] | Her charmed life persists. | 她的魅力不减 |
[43:39] | Tell Uncle Bill we should step up. | 告诉比尔舅舅我们该加把劲 |
[43:41] | I can manage the narrative. De-charm her. | 我可以操纵舆论 削减她的魅力 |
[43:44] | He won’t like that. | 他不会喜欢那样的 |
[43:45] | He’s not going to like any of it, | 反正这一切都不会让他高兴的 |
[43:46] | so what’s the difference? | 有什么区别呢 |
[43:48] | – I don’t know. – Mom, just say the com.funword.word. | -还是不好吧 -妈妈 就去说说吧 |
[43:54] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[43:55] | Don’t do a thing until I get back to you. | 我回复你之前什么都别做 |
[44:18] | Can’t even tell you’re still in DC. | 都看不出这里还是华府 |
[44:21] | There are parts of this city that will always remain a secret. | 这座城市里有些地方永远都会是个秘密 |
[44:29] | I don’t think I’ll be welcome back | 顺说 我觉得我短期内 |
[44:30] | in the White House press pool anytime soon, FYI. | 不会再被邀请加入白宫记者团了 |
[44:34] | Doesn’t matter. | 没关系 |
[44:37] | She won’t speak to me. | 她不肯跟我谈 |
[44:39] | – An interview? Not after– – She will. | -采访不可能的 经过… -她会答应的 |
[44:50] | Tonight, for the first time, he was forthcoming. | 今晚 他第一次主动开口 |
[44:53] | But still saying he’s guilty? | 但还坚称他有罪 |
[44:54] | Yeah, as always. | 是的 一如既往 |
[44:57] | And did he mention Mr. Grayson by name? | 他提到格雷森先生的名字了吗 |
[45:00] | No. He was just more distressed. | 没有 他只是更难过了 |
[45:03] | So he’s getting worse? | 他在恶化吗 |
[45:04] | Or better, he’s finally talking. | 也可能是好转 他可算开口了 |
[45:08] | But the idea of his leaving the facility anytime soon, | 但要说短期内让他离开那里 |
[45:12] | that’s still out of the question. I mean, for his own good. | 还是不可能的 这是为了他好 |
[45:16] | He’s either guilty of the crime | 他要么真犯了罪 |
[45:17] | – or psychotic for admitting to it. – Madam President, | -要么认罪是在发疯 -总统女士 |
[45:20] | Miss Shepherd is on the White House line. | 谢泼德女士打到白宫来了 |
[45:25] | Well, maybe it’s time to give him one of the antipsychotics. | 或许该给他开抗精神病药了 |
[45:28] | Possibly. But we’d have to consider his history of addiction. | 或许吧 但我们得考虑他的瘾史 |
[45:33] | By the way, in answer to your question, | 对了 回答你的问题 |
[45:35] | it was a letter opener, | 是一把拆信刀 |
[45:37] | the last thing that Francis gave him from his desk. | 弗兰西斯从桌上拿来送他的最后一样东西 |
[45:40] | Keep me posted, Charles. | 有情况再通知我 查尔斯 |
[45:42] | And thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[45:44] | Sure. | 不客气 |
[45:51] | Are you prepared? | 你准备好了吗 |
[45:55] | Excuse me. | 什么 |
[45:58] | Don’t you remember? Andover? | 你不记得了吗 安多弗 |
[46:00] | Our prep school joke? | 我们的预科学校玩笑 |
[46:03] | I’m prepared to fail the test. | 我准备当掉测试 |
[46:08] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[46:12] | I’m sorry to call so late. I– I heard about what happened today. | 抱歉这么晚打来 我听说了今天的事 |
[46:19] | These things have a tendency to leak out. | 这些事总是不胫而走 |
[46:22] | I’m worried about you. | 我担心你 |
[46:24] | It’s bulletproof, the motorcade glass. | 车队玻璃是防弹的 |
[46:26] | Did they catch the guy? | 他们抓到那男人了吗 |
[46:29] | How do you know it’s a guy? | 你怎么知道是男人 |
[46:32] | It’s always a guy, right? | 总是男人嘛 |
[46:39] | What was it Bill wanted adjusted in my speech? | 比尔希望修改我讲话的哪一部分 |
[46:47] | Something about… | 就是关于 |
[46:49] | freedom. | 自由的 |
[46:54] | You’re in my thoughts, Claire. | 我惦记着你 克莱尔 |
[46:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[47:00] | He’s still with us, don’t you think? | 他还在我们身边 是吧 |
[47:02] | Who? | 谁 |
[47:03] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[47:05] | We’re so glad we got to spend so much time with him before he died. | 幸好他死前我们能跟他共度那么多的时光 |
[47:11] | He told us some fascinating things. | 他对我们说了些很有趣的事 |
[47:15] | He’s been on my mind. | 我一直在想他 |
[47:20] | Bill and I finally went down to Gaffney a few days ago… | 比尔和我几天前总算去了趟加夫尼 |
[47:26] | to pay our respects. | 前去悼念 |
[49:16] | Claire! | 克莱尔 |
[49:18] | I shouldn’t have let them. | 我不该让他们那么做的 |
[49:19] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[49:21] | Come on out now. | 出来吧 |
[49:28] | Are you still there? | 你还在吗 |
[49:29] | Yes. | 在啊 |
[49:40] | Help! | 救命 |
[49:46] | Help! | 救命 |
[50:04] | I know. | 我知道 |
[50:05] | You want to know what really happened to him. | 你想知道他究竟发生了什么 |
[50:08] | A man like Francis doesn’t just die. | 弗兰西斯那样的男人不会就那么死去 |
[50:11] | That would be… | 那就… |
[50:13] | what’s the com.funword.word? | 怎么说的来着 |
[50:15] | “Convenient.” | “太巧了” |
[50:36] | 深切缅怀 雷格·E·凯蒂[弗莱迪饰演者] 吉姆·泰恩斯[灯光师] | |
[50:41] | 在内政 外交 经济 社会等各种议题上 共和党和民主党都持不同的观点和立场 但两党最核心的分歧 在于对联邦政府的定位不同 民主党的基本信念是”大政府能够办大事 办好事” 而共和党则认为应该限制政府的权力 大政府必然带来官僚主义和腐败 共和党总统里根曾说 “政府不是解决问题的答案 政府就是问题所在” 因此 共和党人反对政府增加税收 反对加大政府开支 还费尽心机地试图通过立法放松政府对企业公司的监管 谢泼德兄妹希望克莱尔签字的法案 就是一个要放松环保监管的法案 | |
[51:21] | “野兽”是美国总统的专车 在现实生活中 美国总统特朗普刚刚更换了自己的座驾 今年9月联合国大会期间 特朗普乘坐新订制的”野兽”在纽约街头飞驰而过 据美国媒体报道 新款”野兽”是由通用公司研发的凯迪拉克 上世纪八十年代前 美国总统专车则一般是林肯 全车重约七千到九千公斤 车身厚20厘米 不仅防弹 还防生化武器 另据NBC报道 这款车还能发射催泪弹 烟雾弹以及向车后路面洒油 车门把手可以释放高压电 车内有全套急救设备 一个冰箱里储备了跟特朗普同血型的血液 车载通讯设备也是最先进的 极端情况下可以下达核攻击指令 出于安全考虑 总统车队出行时 会有一模一样的两辆”野兽” 根据合同 通用会制造10到12辆这样的车 总造价一千五百万美元左右 | |
[52:01] | 过去两年中 关于”美国选民是否有’厌女症'”的讨论一直不断 在2016年大选中 希拉里·克林顿意外败给了特朗普 一些媒体和希拉里的粉丝认为 社会观念上的落后 导致选民无法接受白宫内出现一位女当家 同欧洲一些国家相比 女性在美国政坛的影响力的确有限 目前在联邦政府和国会中 女性政治人物所占比重只有20%左右 包括3名女性最高法院法官 7名女性内阁部长 50个州中有6名女性州长 百名参议员中有23位女性 435名众议员中有84名女性 但是希拉里落败的主要原因 同她的女性身份关系不大 2016大选期间 民调始终显示她是历史上最不受欢迎的候选人之一 主要原因是她同老公比尔·克林顿在美国政坛活跃数十年 丑闻不断 大选过程中又爆出”邮件门”等丑闻 所以记忆力好的选民对她很不买账 有评论甚至认为特朗普当选的主要原因 正是大家讨厌希拉里 2016大选结束后 美国社会中的女性参政意识有了一个井喷 在刚刚结束的中期选举中 有创纪录的256名女性候选人参加普选角逐 最后有96名成功进入国会两院成为女议员 民主党夺回众议院控制权后 加州的南希·佩罗西也二度成为女议长 在2020大选中 民主党内预计会有大量女性候选人参加初选 |