时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | There’s a bill sitting on your desk. | 你桌上有一份法案 |
[00:06] | A bill that took years to get passed. | 这份法案耗时数年才获得通过 |
[00:09] | You sign that, | 你签署了 |
[00:10] | and I know I got a friend in the White House. | 我就知道我在白宫里有朋友 |
[00:12] | If not… | 如果你不签 |
[00:13] | Then I don’t. | 那我就没有 |
[00:14] | This is not a negotiation, | 这不是协商 |
[00:15] | this is an ultimatum. Sign the bill or what? | 这是最后通牒 签署法案 否则 |
[00:18] | Or what? | 否则什么 |
[00:22] | – Is she shot? – Stay down, stay down! | -她中枪了吗 -趴下 趴下 |
[00:24] | Somebody tried to kill her. | 有人企图杀她 |
[00:26] | Bill. | 比尔 |
[00:27] | Were you behind this? | 是你搞的吗 |
[00:28] | I won’t be signing that today. | 我今天不会签那个的 |
[00:31] | That was a mistake. | 那是个错误 |
[00:32] | Who do you answer to? | 你听命于谁 |
[00:33] | I mean, who do you work for? | 你为谁工作 |
[00:35] | Well, maybe it’s time to give him one of the antipsychotics. | 或许该给他开抗精神病药了 |
[00:37] | Happy Birthday, America. | 生日快乐 美国 |
[00:39] | Whatever Francis told you the last five years, | 不管弗兰西斯这五年来对你们说了什么 |
[00:41] | don’t believe a com.funword.word of it. | 一个字都别信 |
[00:43] | He’s still with us, don’t you think? | 他还在我们身边 是吧 |
[00:45] | We’re so glad we got to spend so much time with him before he died. | 幸好他死前我们能跟他共度那么多的时光 |
[00:50] | He told us some fascinating things. | 他对我们说了些很有趣的事 |
[00:53] | Stop. Claire Hale. | 站住 克莱尔·黑尔 |
[00:56] | Do you miss Francis? | 你想弗兰西斯了吗 |
[01:04] | I want a Declaration, Roger. So we can send them in. | 我要你宣布 罗杰 我们好派他们去 |
[01:08] | But, Madam President– | 但总统女士 |
[01:09] | I have the Guard, FEMA and the EPA | 国民警卫队 联邦紧急事务管理署和环保署 |
[01:11] | mobilized and waiting on the outskirts of that town. | 都调动好了 就在城外等着 |
[01:13] | I just got off the phone with the refinery. | 我刚跟精炼厂联系过 |
[01:15] | The leak is well on its way to burning off. | 泄露已经要烧尽了 |
[01:18] | My understanding is that the air quality is dangerous. | 据我所知 空气质量达到了危险程度 |
[01:22] | The levels are somewhat elevated, yes, | 污染的确加重了 是的 |
[01:24] | – but the winds are in our favor. – And subject to change. | -但风向对我们有利 -但也可能变化 |
[01:27] | That’s how wind works. | 风就是如此 |
[01:28] | This will all be over in a day or two, | 一两天内一切都会结束 |
[01:31] | the idea of keeping these families out of their homes– | 但要让民众撤离家园… |
[01:33] | This is a prudent precaution | 这谨慎的预防措施 |
[01:35] | and on my watch, that’s what I want to happen. | 我坐镇时 就希望采取这种措施 |
[01:38] | I don’t think we should exaggerate the situation. | 我觉得不应该夸大情况 |
[01:43] | Do you remember where you were on election night, Governor? | 你还记得选举当晚你的情况吗 州长 |
[01:47] | Because I do. | 我可记得 |
[01:49] | You were going to lose. | 你本来要输了 |
[01:52] | Statistically, there is no reason you should have won. | 统计学上讲 你是根本不该赢的 |
[01:59] | Keep the phone away from your mouth | 你考虑的时候 |
[02:00] | while you’re thinking, Governor. | 别把电话靠在嘴边 州长 |
[02:01] | I can hear you breathing. | 我听得到你的喘气声 |
[02:05] | Yes. | 是 |
[02:08] | I do believe I need to declare a state of emergency. | 我觉得我是有必要宣布进入紧急状态 |
[02:14] | Of course, it’s your call. | 当然了 这是你的决定 |
[02:17] | And I assure you, | 我向你保证 |
[02:18] | you will have the full support of the federal government. | 联邦政府会全力支持你 |
[02:23] | I promised myself I wouldn’t be like him. | 我曾对自己保证不会像他那样 |
[02:27] | That was textbook Francis, wasn’t it? | 但那就是弗兰西斯的典型做法 是吧 |
[02:30] | But he handed me over to them like a shaker of salt | 但他像递盐罐一样把我交给了他们 |
[02:34] | and now they won’t let go. | 现在 他们不肯放手了 |
[02:37] | This is a wound of their own making. | 这是他们自作自受 |
[02:43] | Mr. Vice President? | 副总统先生 |
[02:48] | Yeah, come in. | 请进 |
[02:52] | Do you need a moment, sir? | 需要我等您一会儿吗 先生 |
[02:54] | No, no. | 不用 |
[02:57] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[03:03] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:07] | Governor? | 州长 |
[04:45] | They said it was fine. | 他们说没事的 |
[04:47] | It smelled like rotten eggs and trash. That’s all. | 就是一股烂鸡蛋和垃圾的味儿 |
[04:51] | You could smell it coming out of the faucet. | 水龙头里都是这个味儿 |
[04:54] | And then my son, his– his nose started to bleed and I thought, | 然后我儿子 他开始流鼻血了 我就想 |
[04:57] | – “Is that related?” – Where is your little boy right now? | -“跟这有关吗” -你儿子现在在哪呢 |
[04:59] | Now? He’s in triage with his mom. | 现在吗 他跟他妈在做验伤 |
[05:03] | – He’s my heart, that little guy. – No, I know. I know. | -那小家伙是我的心肝 -我知道 |
[05:07] | But, ma’am. If I may. You– | 但女士 我可以问问吗 |
[05:08] | You have to tell us. Is this real or not? | 您得告诉我们 这是不是真的 |
[05:10] | Because at first they said that we don’t need to evacuate, | 因为 起初他们说我们不需要撤离 |
[05:13] | and then all of a sudden that we should. | 但突然又改口说得撤离 |
[05:15] | I want you to know everything is going to be all right. | 我要告诉你 一切都会没事的 |
[05:17] | I promise you. | 我保证 |
[05:18] | We were relying on that plant to keep us informed. | 我们指望着那工厂通知我们情况呢 |
[05:20] | Sir, you and your safety | 先生 你和你的安全 |
[05:23] | is the most important thing. | 才是最重要的 |
[05:24] | In fact, all of the families of Bellport, | 事实上 贝尔波特所有的家庭 |
[05:28] | nothing else matters. | 才是唯一重要的 |
[05:31] | I want to give my thanks to Governor Olmstead | 我要感谢奥姆斯泰德州长 |
[05:34] | for his quick and decisive act this morning | 他今早快速果决地 |
[05:36] | in declaring a state of emergency. | 宣布了进入紧急状态 |
[05:38] | We have FEMA, we have EPA, | 联邦紧急事务管理署 环保署 |
[05:41] | the Ohio National Guard. | 俄亥俄州国民警卫队 |
[05:43] | They’re all here. | 都来了 |
[05:45] | No one should ever feel unsafe. | 没有人应该感到不安全 |
[05:49] | In her own home. | …在她自己家里 |
[05:52] | And how is it you have no idea, Mark? | 你怎么会完全不知道呢 马克 |
[05:54] | – It doesn’t matter. – Oh, it does matter. | -这无所谓 -这很有所谓 |
[05:56] | It speaks to this untenable arrangement. | 这说明了我们的关系多靠不住 |
[05:59] | Later, I said. Let’s stay focused on our response. | 我说了待会儿再说那个 先考虑回应 |
[06:01] | She was all set to sign the bill this morning. | 她今早本都已经要签署法案了 |
[06:03] | We had photographers, a press pool waiting, the whole thing. | 我们叫了摄像师和记者什么的候着 |
[06:05] | – But she didn’t sign it, did she? – I’m on my way there now. | -但她没签 是吧 -我这就过去 |
[06:08] | Because she was too busy | 因为她在忙着 |
[06:09] | manufacturing an emergency out of nothing. | 无中生有地制造紧急状况 |
[06:11] | Look, let’s not forget who escalated this. Okay? | 别忘了是谁升级了事态 好吗 |
[06:14] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[06:15] | If we’re working together, Bill, | 如果我们要合作 比尔 |
[06:17] | I need to be included in every decision. | 我需要参与每一个决定 |
[06:19] | Every one. | 每一个 |
[06:21] | This conversation’s over. | 我们没什么好谈的了 |
[06:23] | Oh, for God’s sakes. | 老天爷啊 |
[06:25] | I’ll join Annette in Bellport. | 我会去贝尔波特跟安奈特碰头 |
[06:26] | No, you won’t. | 不 你别去 |
[06:27] | One of you showing up on site is bad enough. | 你们中有一人到场就够糟了 |
[06:30] | Annette, call me back. | 安奈特 给我打电话 |
[06:33] | Mark. | 马克 |
[06:35] | Mark, are you still there? | 马克 你还在吗 |
[06:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:39] | Let me talk to him. I’ll circle back. | 让我跟他谈谈 我再打给你 |
[06:54] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好 |
[06:57] | My name is Kelsey Stewart. | 我是凯尔茜·斯图尔特 |
[06:59] | I’m the deputy press secretary, | 代理新闻发言人 |
[07:01] | and I will be taking your questions today. | 今天我将为大家回答问题 |
[07:04] | Sarah. | 莎拉 |
[07:06] | Is it true that Governor Olmstead | 奥姆斯泰德州长是否真的 |
[07:07] | was resistant to declaring a state of emergency? | 对宣布进入紧急状态很抗拒 |
[07:10] | The Governor did declare a state of emergency, | 州长的确宣布了进入紧急状态 |
[07:12] | and the White House concurs. | 白宫也赞同了 |
[07:13] | Something very wrong happened in that plant. | 工厂出了很大的问题 |
[07:16] | Yes. | 请说 |
[07:17] | Arcas has been slow to provide any details | 阿卡斯公司在泄露和爆炸事件方面 |
[07:19] | when it comes to the leak and explosion. | 迟迟不肯公布细节 |
[07:21] | Not to mention the two lives lost in the accident. | 更不用说两人在事故中丧生了 |
[07:23] | Have they been cooperating with the White House? | 他们跟白宫配合了吗 |
[07:26] | Now that the president is on the ground, | 现在总统去了第一线 |
[07:27] | it seems that, yes, they have been more agreeable. | 他们似乎是更加愿意配合了 |
[07:31] | That’s not the real question, though. | 但这不是该问的问题 |
[07:34] | Somebody might want to ask, | 该有人问问 |
[07:35] | where is Shepherd Unlimited in all of this? | 谢泼德无限责任公司怎么不出来说话 |
[07:38] | The Arcas Refinery is a subsidiary of the family’s conglomerate. | 阿卡斯精炼厂是该家族集团的子公司 |
[07:41] | Are you saying that the Shepherds | 你是说谢泼德家族 |
[07:43] | are personally aware of problems at the plant? | 清楚工厂的问题吗 |
[07:45] | Who is responsible and how | 谁该负责 负怎样的责任 |
[07:48] | is all the White House and the president | 这正是白宫和总统 |
[07:49] | are trying to find out at this point. | 此刻想要查清的问题 |
[07:52] | Will this have any effect | 这会对总统 |
[07:54] | on the regulatory bill on the president’s desk? | 准备签署的去监管法案有影响吗 |
[07:56] | The president will be speaking on that shortly. | 总统不久后就会就此发表讲话 |
[07:59] | Marcus. | 马可斯 |
[08:00] | Was the president planning to divorce the former president | 总统在前总统死前 |
[08:03] | in the days leading up to his death? | 有打算与他离婚吗 |
[08:08] | Let’s… | 我们… |
[08:11] | – Mr. Vice President. – Morning, everyone. | -副总统先生 -大家早上好 |
[08:12] | I hope Miss Stewart won’t mind me taking a couple of questions. | 希望斯图尔特小姐不会介意我回答几个问题 |
[08:17] | Mr. Vice President, one question! | 副总统先生 请回答一个问题 |
[08:19] | Marcus, who’s your source? | 马可斯 你的消息源是谁 |
[08:21] | – Unnamed officials. – Nope. We don’t do that anymore. | -匿名官员 -不 这行不通了 |
[08:24] | We need names. You have a name? | 我们要名字 你能说吗 |
[08:26] | I mean really, where do you get this? | 说真的 你是哪听来的 |
[08:29] | The former president | 前总统 |
[08:31] | spent his last night alive | 生前的最后一晚 |
[08:32] | next to his wife in the White House. Period. | 是在白宫他妻子身边度过的 就是这样 |
[08:34] | As for Bellport… | 至于贝尔波特 |
[08:36] | let’s not jump to conclusions before all the facts are in. | 知道全部事实之前 不要急着下结论 |
[08:38] | What else? | 还有什么 |
[08:40] | We still going door to door, but it’s really a precaution. | 我们还在逐户查看 但这只是为防万一 |
[08:43] | Are there enough beds? | 床位够吗 |
[08:44] | We have a few church basements | 我们有几间教堂地下室 |
[08:46] | and the local jail if we need more. | 如果有必要 还有当地监狱 |
[08:48] | Whatever hydrogen sulfide there is left in the air | 反正空气里还剩下的硫化氢 |
[08:50] | is already dissipating. | 也要消散了 |
[08:51] | In a day or two, people will be back sleeping in their own beds. | 再过一两天 大家就能回自己的床上睡觉 |
[08:53] | You have to understand, | 您得明白 |
[08:55] | Madam President, | 总统女士 |
[08:57] | most everyone overreacts when it comes to chemicals. | 几乎所有人都会对化学品过度反应 |
[09:00] | We have years of experience– | 我们有多年的经验 |
[09:02] | And the men who died in the accident? | 那死于事故的人呢 |
[09:04] | That’s tragic, of course. They were valued employees. | 那的确很悲惨 他们都是好员工 |
[09:07] | Members of the community. There’s no way to replace them. | 都是社区里的成员 他们不可替代 |
[09:11] | And Bill Shepherd? | 比尔·谢泼德呢 |
[09:13] | – Yes. – Have you heard from him? | -怎么 -他来过电话吗 |
[09:16] | I’ve kept him informed, as well as all of our partners. | 我把情况通知了他和其他合伙人 |
[09:19] | Bill called me directly. | 比尔直接给我打过电话 |
[09:20] | They’re ready to do whatever’s needed. | 他们准备采取一切必要措施 |
[09:23] | They’re important to Bellport. | 他们对贝尔波特非常重要 |
[09:24] | They built the local stadium. | 他们建了当地的运动场 |
[09:25] | Even this gymnasium. They contributed– | 还有这个体育馆 他们出资… |
[09:27] | No, I’m well aware of the family’s philanthropy. | 我很清楚他们家族的慈善事业 |
[09:29] | That wasn’t the question. | 我问的不是那个 |
[09:30] | Yes, Mr. Shepherd has been monitoring the situation closely. | 是的 谢泼德先生一直在密切关注局势 |
[09:34] | I would like to tour the area. | 我想在这一代巡视一圈 |
[09:39] | Is that a problem, Governor? | 可以吗 州长 |
[09:42] | No, no, not to my understanding. | 当然 据我所知没问题 |
[09:45] | I was hoping to get you over to– | 我还想带您去 |
[09:47] | to where we set up our triage. | 我们的验伤处 |
[09:49] | It might be best if we stick to the itinerary– | 我们最好还是按日程来… |
[09:50] | I’d actually like to see it for myself. | 我想自己亲眼看看 |
[09:53] | Unless, of course, you tell me otherwise. | 当然 除非你们说不行 |
[09:55] | No, of course not. | 不 当然可以 |
[10:04] | The guard marks the doors of the evacuees. | 警卫队标记了已撤离的房子 |
[10:10] | Pretty standard procedure. | 都是标准程序 |
[10:13] | Stop the car. I think I see someone. | 停车 我好像看到了人 |
[10:17] | Stop the car. | 停车 |
[10:19] | Madam President, we’ll have someone circle back. | 总统女士 我们会叫人再回来的 |
[10:22] | Stop the car now. | 马上停车 |
[10:33] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[10:35] | Is she safe? | 她安全吗 |
[10:36] | Nothing is 100% safe. | 没有百分之百的安全 |
[10:54] | Hello. Anyone here? | 有人吗 有人在吗 |
[11:21] | The boy could have lost an eye. | 那男孩差点瞎掉一只眼睛 |
[11:22] | That’s not how we treat people. | 我们不能那么对待别人 |
[11:23] | How could she? | 她怎么能这么做 |
[11:24] | My God, Elizabeth, stop it. | 天呐 伊丽莎白 行了 |
[11:25] | Am I raising a daughter or an animal? | 我养的是个女儿还是野兽 |
[11:27] | They’re the animals, the way they attacked her. | 他们才是野兽 他们那么攻击她 |
[11:28] | Oh, of course, take her side. Of course! | 好啊 替她说话吧你就 |
[11:31] | It’s time she learned about the world. | 她也该了解这世界了 |
[11:33] | Pretty girls have a responsibility to their beauty. | 漂亮姑娘要对她们的美貌负责 |
[11:38] | I’ll bet she dared those boys. | 肯定是她激了那些男孩 |
[11:40] | Shame on her. | 真丢脸 |
[11:42] | Why can’t you just do as you’re told? | 你怎么就不能乖乖听话 |
[11:47] | Why, indeed? | 是啊 为什么 |
[11:48] | Madam President! Madam President. | 总统女士 总统女士 |
[11:54] | Madam President… | 总统女士 |
[11:57] | might be best if we head back. | 我们最好回去了 |
[12:00] | So, the house is safe? | 房子安全吗 |
[12:10] | Drink it then. | 那喝一口 |
[12:19] | I thought so. | 我猜也是 |
[12:43] | – But what am I agreeing to? – I can read it for you. | -但我在答应什么 -我可以给你读一遍 |
[12:46] | I can read. | 我识字 |
[12:47] | And what’s this for? | 这是干什么的 |
[12:50] | That lets the app figure out | 这是让应用能分析出 |
[12:51] | how we can be most helpful. | 我们怎样才能最好地施以帮助 |
[12:53] | It can be tailored to your specific needs. | 可以根据你的具体需求来制定计划 |
[12:55] | We want to keep you informed. | 我们想让你及时了解情况 |
[12:56] | We want you to know what happens before it happens. | 我们希望你在事发前就知道要发生什么 |
[12:59] | You can’t trust the government to do that. | 这是不能靠政府的 |
[13:01] | Hello, my name is Seth Grayson. | 你好 我是赛斯·格雷森 |
[13:03] | Nice to meet you. | 认识你很高兴 |
[13:04] | I’m with Shepherd Freedom Foundation, | 我是谢泼德自由基金会的 |
[13:05] | can I talk to you for a second? | 可以跟你谈谈吗 |
[13:07] | Sure thing. I was looking at the pamphlet saying just… | 当然 我看了宣传册 |
[13:17] | It’s the president. | 是总统 |
[13:43] | Madam President. | 总统女士 |
[13:46] | Whose idea was it? To leave it on his bed? | 是谁的主意 把戒指放他床上 |
[13:50] | Not here. | 别在这儿说 |
[13:53] | The Shepherd Freedom Foundation is here to help. | 谢泼德自由基金会是来帮忙的 |
[13:56] | The federal government is here to help you. | 联邦政府将帮助你们 |
[14:00] | Yes, Madam President. | 是啊 总统女士 |
[14:02] | The only way America’s problems will be solved | 美国的问题要得到解决 |
[14:05] | is through alliances between government and private industry, | 就得靠政府和私企联手 |
[14:08] | each doing its part. | 各司其职 |
[14:12] | The Commander in Chief and I go way back. | 我跟三军统帅可是老交情了 |
[14:14] | We do. And I know I have the full cooperation | 是啊 我知道谢泼德家族会 |
[14:17] | from the Shepherd family. | 完全配合我的工作 |
[14:18] | The blatant disregard for human life | 阿卡斯这种公司 |
[14:21] | exhibited by companies like Arcas– | 对生命的公然漠视… |
[14:22] | Arcas is committed to the safety of its workers. | 阿卡斯公司是一心想保护其员工的安全的 |
[14:26] | And with the help of… | 如果能得到助力 |
[14:28] | the right kind of legislation, like the FUTURE Act. | 比如正确的立法 像是《未来法案》 |
[14:31] | Which is under review at the moment. | 此刻正在接受审核 |
[14:34] | Until then, | 法案通过前 |
[14:35] | I am hereby moving the EPA’s Criminal Investigative Division | 我要让环保署的犯罪调查处 |
[14:39] | into the Pentagon, | 进驻五角大楼 |
[14:41] | where it will enjoy the forces and the resources of our military. | 他们将拥有军队的力量和资源支持 |
[14:45] | And they will investigate this disaster. | 他们会调查这起灾难的 |
[14:49] | I swear on my husband’s grave, | 我以我丈夫的坟墓起誓 |
[14:50] | I will find out what happened here. | 我一定会查明究竟发生了什么 |
[14:53] | Thank you for your support. | 谢谢您的支持 |
[14:58] | I wanted to leave it on your bed. | 我本想放在你床上呢 |
[15:05] | Don’t be thick, thick I can’t use. | 别犯傻 那对我没用 |
[15:07] | Did she actually ask for a divorce? | 她真提出离婚了吗 |
[15:09] | As if that matters. | 那要紧吗 |
[15:10] | And if I’m asked to justify the question? | 如果我被要求给出这么问的凭据呢 |
[15:12] | It was justified the moment they didn’t have an answer. | 他们不正面回答 就是足够的凭据了 |
[15:16] | The last thing the president wants | 总统最不希望 |
[15:17] | is to be talking about the former president. | 谈前总统的事了 |
[15:20] | Let me ask you this. | 那我问问你 |
[15:21] | How did your mother feel | 总统甩开 |
[15:22] | when the president yanked her hand away like that? | 你妈妈的手时 她是什么感觉 |
[15:24] | That’s none of your goddamn business, Marcus. | 那不关你的事 马可斯 |
[15:30] | 总统抽手了吗 安德伍德尴尬握手时刻在网上疯传 | |
[15:30] | – Recoil? Is that the com.funword.word you used? – Yeah, | -抽手 你是这么说的吗 -是啊 |
[15:32] | that’s what I see. | 我看就是这样 |
[15:33] | – Are you kidding me? – No. | -开玩笑吗 -不是 |
[15:34] | Are we really gonna waste time | 我们真要浪费时间 |
[15:35] | dissecting a gesture between two women? | 剖析两个女人之间的一个手势吗 |
[15:37] | Nora’s right. I was there. | 诺拉说得对 我当时在场 |
[15:38] | There wasn’t a recoil. | 没有什么抽手 |
[15:40] | I gotta agree with Tom here. | 我同意汤姆的话 |
[15:41] | For me, it’s Annette Shepherd sort of manhandling the president | 我觉得安奈特·谢泼德是想硬拉着总统 |
[15:43] | as a sign of victory, and then I detect a flinch. | 摆出胜利姿态 然后我看到她惊了一下 |
[15:46] | A slight flinch, then recoil. | 就那么一下下 然后就抽了手 |
[15:48] | – Recoil? I mean– – She’s trying to separate herself | -抽手… -她是想切断自己 |
[15:51] | from the primary source of the funding for what was to be | 跟原本计划的弗兰西斯·安德伍德基金会 |
[15:54] | – the Francis J. Underwood Foundation. – This is about culpability. | -主资金源的关系 -这是关于过失 |
[15:57] | She went to Bellport to hold those responsible accountable. | 她是去贝尔波特要求责任方负责的 |
[16:00] | Companies like Shepherd Unlimited have been hamstrung. | 谢泼德无限责任公司这样的公司一直在被拖后腿 |
[16:03] | And that’s why this bill on her desk is so important. | 所以她要签署的法案才如此重要 |
[16:05] | Legislation means nothing without proper enforcement. | 如果不能执行 立法就毫无意义 |
[16:08] | Weaponizing the EPA is wrongheaded. | 给环保署武器只是固执 |
[16:11] | And it does nothing to make– | 而且根本不能… |
[16:12] | Instead of ascribing negative motives to her every action, | 与其给她的每一个行为找负面动机 |
[16:15] | why can’t we just accept that President Underwood | 我们为什么不能承认 安德伍德总统 |
[16:18] | was out there being presidential? | 去做了总统该做的事 |
[16:20] | She put the fear of God | 她让你 |
[16:21] | into you and your new friends, Mr. Grayson. | 和你的新朋友感到害怕了 格雷森先生 |
[16:23] | Being “Presidential” means signing the bill | 做总统该做的事 就该签署法案 |
[16:25] | and modernizing antiquated regulations. | 更新陈旧的监管 |
[16:28] | As if you would know. | 你怎么会知道 |
[16:30] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[16:31] | Her husband, whose administration you were a part of, | 她丈夫 你曾是他政府的成员 |
[16:33] | was about to– | 本来就要… |
[16:34] | Was in the midst of setting up a philanthropic foundation. | 正准备建立一个慈善基金会 |
[16:37] | Her husband was about to be indicted. | 她丈夫都要被起诉了 |
[16:39] | Excuse me, there wasn’t even a grand jury. | 什么 八字没一撇的事 |
[16:40] | I have it on good authority | 我有可靠消息称 |
[16:42] | he was about to be indicted, and she was about to pardon him. | 他要被起诉了 而她要赦免他 |
[16:45] | But she also wanted a divorce. | 但她还想离婚 |
[16:47] | To save herself. Distance herself. | 好挽救自己 撇清关系 |
[16:49] | Because, come on. Are you telling me | 因为 拜托 难道你能说 |
[16:50] | she knew nothing of what he was up to? | 她对他的作为一无所知吗 |
[16:52] | – If he was guilty, she was guilty. – Tom? Tom, | -如果他有罪 她也有 -汤姆 |
[16:55] | I have great respect for you | 我十分尊敬你 |
[16:56] | and the work you’ve done at the Herald. | 还有你在《先驱报》的工作 |
[16:57] | But are you even capable of defining her on her own terms? | 但你能就她自己的表现来评述她吗 |
[17:02] | I’m sorry. One minute she’s playing the grieving widow | 抱歉 前一秒她还是悲伤寡妇 |
[17:03] | – and the next, she’s riding on the coattails. – Case in point. | -下一秒 她又借题发挥 -正是 |
[17:05] | This may be an unseemly thing to say, | 虽然这么说很过分 |
[17:08] | but it’s quite possible | 但很可能 |
[17:10] | her husband’s death was the president’s lucky day. | 她丈夫的死 是总统走了大运 |
[17:15] | You can say whatever you want in here. | 你在这里可以畅所欲言 |
[17:17] | Whatever your feeling, thinking. | 不管你有什么感觉 有什么想法 |
[17:19] | I’m questioning your ability. | 我质疑你的能力 |
[17:23] | My ability? | 我的能力 |
[17:25] | To tell the difference between justifiable paranoia and– | 能不能分辨有道理的多疑和… |
[17:31] | Do you use the com.funword.word anymore? | 你还用那个词吗 |
[17:32] | “Madness?” | “疯狂” |
[17:35] | What do you feel paranoid about? | 你对什么感到多疑 |
[17:39] | Myself, maybe. | 我自己吧 |
[17:42] | Why we do what we do and for who? | 我们为什么做我们做的事 为谁而做 |
[17:47] | Who’s more evil, Doctor, | 谁更邪恶 医生 |
[17:50] | the taskmaster or the tasked? | 发令者还是执行者 |
[17:53] | Do you feel like Francis Underwood betrayed you? | 你觉得弗兰西斯·安德伍德背叛了你吗 |
[17:57] | I guess I’m wondering who betrayed him. | 我觉得我在想是谁背叛了他 |
[18:00] | Who do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[18:02] | You? | 你吗 |
[18:08] | I don’t know if these sessions are helping me anymore. | 我不知道我们的治疗是否还能帮我 |
[18:14] | Why are you trying to drug me up, Doctor? | 你为什么给我开药 医生 |
[18:16] | I think you should consider it. | 我觉得你该考虑一下 |
[18:18] | Clozapine. | 氯氮平 |
[18:19] | You must know what that does to a person. | 你肯定知道那会把人变成什么样 |
[18:21] | They’re a newer class of antipsychotics, Doug. | 现在又有了新的抗精神病药物 道格 |
[18:23] | The side effects | 副作用 |
[18:24] | are not as sensational as some of the older ones. | 不像以前的那些那么严重了 |
[18:28] | You don’t have to suffer like this. | 你不非得这样受罪的 |
[18:31] | From my understanding, | 据我所知 |
[18:32] | the side effects themselves can make you look– | 光是副作用就能让你显得 |
[18:34] | And again, I’m asking you if you use this com.funword.word “mad.” | 我又得问 你是否还用”疯狂”这个词 |
[18:42] | Are you fucking kidding me? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[18:44] | Pardon? | 什么 |
[18:45] | You’re gonna talk to me about side effects | 你要一边看表 |
[18:46] | while you look at your fucking clock? | 一边跟我聊副作用吗 |
[18:48] | No, you’re right. I’m sorry. | 不 你说得对 抱歉 |
[18:50] | We’re gonna have to take this up tomorrow afternoon. | 我们还是明天下午继续吧 |
[18:52] | This is a much bigger conversation. | 这个话题要重大得多 |
[18:58] | No, I’m talking now. | 不 我就现在说 |
[19:03] | I’m sorry, but your time is up. | 抱歉 但你的时间到了 |
[19:04] | I don’t give a fuck about the time. | 我才不在乎时间 |
[19:06] | Mr. Stamper. | 斯坦普先生 |
[19:08] | I’m glad that you finally decided | 我很高兴你终于决定 |
[19:09] | to take advantage of your time here, | 好好利用你在这里的时间 |
[19:11] | but you know the rules. | 但你清楚规矩 |
[19:13] | I’m not going anywhere. | 我哪都不去 |
[19:15] | Mr. Stamper, please. | 斯坦普先生 拜托 |
[19:17] | I don’t want to have to call someone, but I will. | 我也不想叫人来 但我会的 |
[19:23] | This is bullshit. | 这太扯了 |
[19:35] | Your uncle is not happy. | 你舅舅可不高兴 |
[19:38] | Are you aware of how many of your sentences | 你知道你有多少次 |
[19:40] | start with you quoting him? | 张口就说他怎样吗 |
[19:41] | He’s right. | 他是对的 |
[19:42] | This circus backfired. | 这场闹剧适得其反 |
[19:44] | – I thought you were wonderful. – Your uncle thinks | -我觉得你很棒 -你舅舅觉得 |
[19:46] | – we’ve made a bad situation worse. – Mom. | -我们恶化了本就糟糕的局面 -妈妈 |
[19:48] | Now I’m the face of this thing. | 现在我成了这事的脸面人物了 |
[19:50] | Which we will use to our advantage. | 我们会利用这点帮我们的 |
[19:52] | She called us out by name. | 她直接点了我们的名字 |
[19:55] | We can spin it any way we want. | 我们想怎么扭转舆论都行 |
[19:57] | Work the Congress. | 在国会想办法 |
[19:59] | Even if she vetoes the bill, they can override it. | 就算她否决了法案 他们也能推翻她的决策 |
[20:02] | She overreacted. | 她反应过度了 |
[20:04] | – And it made a fool of me. – I’m telling you, | -还让我出了丑 -相信我 |
[20:07] | you won. | 你赢了 |
[20:09] | She thinks she did. | 她觉得是她赢了 |
[20:11] | I know that expression, trust me. | 我认得那个表情 相信我 |
[20:15] | She can’t decide if she’s Lady Macbeth or Macbeth. | 她都想不好自己是麦克白夫人还是麦克白 |
[20:20] | – Your uncle takes it from here. – No. | -接下来让你舅舅处理 -不 |
[20:22] | This isn’t personal for me, | 这对我没什么私人感情 |
[20:23] | not like it is for you and Uncle Bill. | 不像对你和比尔舅舅 |
[20:25] | You know he hates the spotlight, | 你知道他讨厌关注 |
[20:27] | for any of us. | 不管是对我们谁 |
[20:29] | Prefers an old school way of dealing with things. | 他更喜欢老式的手腕 |
[20:32] | – I… – And don’t think you know everything. | -我 -别以为你什么都知道了 |
[20:35] | Because you don’t. | 因为不是的 |
[20:39] | Let me talk to Uncle Bill. | 让我跟比尔舅舅谈谈 |
[20:42] | He’s taken a suite at the Hay-Adams. | 他住进了海亚当斯酒店 |
[20:45] | Frank’s old room. | 弗兰克以前的房间 |
[20:49] | It’s Doug Stamper, Madam US Attorney. | 我是道格·斯坦普 联邦检察官女士 |
[20:51] | – How did you get this number? – Don’t hang up. | -你怎么拿到这个号码的 -别挂 |
[20:54] | The next call I expect is from your lawyer. In my office. | 你再打来 让你的律师打去我办公室 |
[20:57] | You really shouldn’t. | 那可不好 |
[20:58] | Mr. Stamper, | 斯坦普先生 |
[20:59] | – this is highly– – I’m going to recant. | -这非常… -我要撤供 |
[21:06] | Are you there? | 你在听吗 |
[21:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[21:09] | I’m going to lay out how it’s going to go. | 我要说明事情会怎么发展 |
[21:11] | And you stop me at any point if I’m wrong. | 如果我说错了 你就打断我 |
[21:14] | But I’m going to recant. | 但我要撤供 |
[21:17] | Which means you’re going to need a new prosecutor. | 所以你需要换新的检察官 |
[21:20] | Because you’re going to have to recuse yourself | 因为你得回避 |
[21:21] | so you can testify against me. | 好出庭指证我 |
[21:25] | And this call we’re on, | 我们的这通电话 |
[21:27] | is not going to look very good for you. | 对你会不利的 |
[21:31] | Anything you say in court will be ruled hearsay. | 你在法庭上说的一切都会被判为传闻 |
[21:34] | And the judge, | 法官 |
[21:36] | if he’s in a good mood, is going to ask for more evidence, | 如果心情好会要求出示更多证据 |
[21:40] | and you and your new prosecutor aren’t going to have any. | 而你和你的新检察官却拿不出 |
[21:44] | Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. | 等等 等等 |
[21:51] | This case isn’t going to make your career. | 这个案子将无法成就你的事业 |
[21:55] | The case that’s going change your life | 能改变你人生的案子 |
[21:58] | is the prosecution of Claire Underwood. | 是对克莱尔·安德伍德的起诉 |
[22:08] | It’s gruesome, | 真是可怕 |
[22:09] | what’s gone on here. | 这里发生的事 |
[22:11] | I checked all the log books myself. | 我亲自检查了所有登记簿 |
[22:13] | I spoke with the executive housekeeper. | 还询问过行政管家 |
[22:15] | She interviewed the staff. Nobody knows anything. | 她询问了员工 没人知道怎么回事 |
[22:17] | So his ring just appeared on his bed by magic? | 那他的戒指是神奇地出现在了他的床上 |
[22:21] | My feeling is, | 我感觉 |
[22:22] | it’s not the fact of it that we should be focusing on. | 我们该关注的不是这件事本身 |
[22:25] | But… | 而是 |
[22:27] | what it means. | 它意味着什么 |
[22:29] | Tell me, Mark. What kind of people dig up a man’s grave | 告诉我 马克 什么样的人会掘开他的坟墓 |
[22:32] | and remove a ring from his cold… | 把戒指从他冰冷僵硬的手指上 |
[22:36] | hard finger? | 摘下来 |
[22:37] | The same people that are generating this drum beat | 就是那些在拿弗兰西斯的赦免 |
[22:39] | about Francis’ pardon and your divorce. | 和你的离婚请求做文章的人 |
[22:43] | You are daring them. | 是你在刺激他们 |
[22:45] | You’ve turned it into a spectacle, and now they will not stop. | 是你把事情闹大了 现在他们不肯罢休了 |
[22:48] | Believe me. These people will not rest. | 相信我 这些人不会罢休的 |
[22:50] | You need to make amends. | 你得做出弥补 |
[22:52] | For slighting her? | 为对她的轻慢吗 |
[22:53] | – For identifying them? – You have to give them something. | -为指出他们吗 -你得给他们点什么 |
[22:56] | – I don’t believe in the bill. – Oh, goddamn it! | -我不相信这份法案 -该死的 |
[22:59] | This bill. Are you listening? | 这份法案 你在听吗 |
[23:02] | Do you want to spend the rest of your presidency | 你想把余下的任期都消耗在 |
[23:04] | defending your dead husband, | 维护你死去的丈夫 |
[23:05] | defending his… | 和他的 |
[23:07] | deeds? | 行为上吗 |
[23:08] | Because they will make sure | 因为他们会确保 |
[23:10] | that every waking and even sleeping moment | 你在白宫不论清醒还是沉睡的 |
[23:11] | of your time in the White House is about him! | 每一时每一刻都无法摆脱他 |
[23:27] | Make amends for the last hundred days. | 为过去一百天里的事做弥补 |
[23:30] | Then you can have the next four years. | 你就能拥有接下来的四年 |
[23:33] | When you present the | 你周末 |
[23:34] | scholarship at the Take Aim Club this weekend, | 去志远俱乐部颁奖学金时 |
[23:37] | Annette Shepherd will be there. | 安奈特·谢泼德也会到场 |
[23:38] | She’s on the board. They’re all donors. | 她是董事会成员 他们都捐款 |
[23:41] | Appear with your old friend… | 跟你的老朋友一起出席 |
[23:44] | and sign this bill. | 把法案签了 |
[23:49] | You know, I can help you… | 我可以帮你的 |
[23:51] | with the Shepherds. I know how to talk to them. | 在谢泼德兄妹那里 我会跟他们打交道 |
[23:56] | And please, please explain to me why you thought… | 请跟我解释一下 你为什么觉得 |
[23:59] | putting that elevated intern | 昨天提拔那个 |
[24:01] | in front of the press yesterday serves you. | 实习生去接待媒体对你有好处 |
[24:03] | – Because she’s honest. – I had Mitch Glazer lined up. | -因为她诚实 -我准备了米奇·格雷泽 |
[24:05] | – He’s got 30 years of– – Because she’s not Mitch. | -他有30年的… -因为她不是米奇 |
[24:09] | Because I know you pushed out Sean. | 因为我知道你赶走了肖恩 |
[24:10] | Sean Jeffries had a hard time telling the truth. | 肖恩·杰弗瑞斯不愿说实话 |
[24:14] | Your truth? | 你的那版实话吗 |
[24:14] | Yes, the one that keeps you in power. | 是的 维系你权力的版本 |
[24:17] | And now what? | 现在怎么 |
[24:20] | We’ve traded his ambition for her naïveté? | 你拿她的天真换他的野心吗 |
[24:23] | I believe her. | 我相信她 |
[24:24] | And so will everyone else. | 别人也会的 |
[24:45] | – I’m sorry, do you need me to– – No, no, | -抱歉 你需要我… -不 |
[24:47] | actually, I was looking for you. | 我其实是来找你的 |
[24:49] | I wanted to apologize for yesterday. | 我想为昨天的事道歉 |
[24:53] | No, please. | 不 没事的 |
[24:53] | – I was happy to have your help. – Okay. | -我很高兴你能帮忙 -好吧 |
[24:58] | You know Sean’s not coming back, right? | 你知道肖恩不会回来了吧 |
[24:59] | I heard. | 我听说了 |
[25:00] | The president must see something in you. | 总统肯定是看中了你的哪一点 |
[25:04] | What do you think that is? | 你觉得是什么 |
[25:08] | It was an amazing opportunity. | 这是个很棒的机会 |
[25:11] | And I’ve heard there are | 我听说这个位置 |
[25:11] | some wonderful candidates for the position. | 有一些很不错的候选人 |
[25:15] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[25:17] | Well, until then… | 在确定之前 |
[25:21] | why don’t you to continue on | 你继续 |
[25:23] | as acting press secretary. | 做代理新闻发言人吧 |
[25:25] | Of course. Yes, sir. | 当然 好 先生 |
[25:27] | And thank you and the president. | 谢谢你和总统 |
[25:32] | Do you believe in her, Miss Stewart? | 你相信她吗 斯图尔特小姐 |
[25:34] | I do. | 我相信 |
[25:36] | I ask because… | 我问是因为 |
[25:39] | I want you to know there are powerful forces out there | 要知道有一些厉害的势力 |
[25:43] | that are invested in seeing her fail. | 很想看她失败 |
[25:48] | So you’re gonna hear rumors. You’re gonna hear innuendos. | 所以你会听到谣传 和暗示 |
[25:50] | You’ll need to stick to your talking points. | 你得照你的要点讲 |
[25:53] | Not get lured off-track with, what, salacious questions. | 别被些不怀好意的问题带沟里去 |
[25:57] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[26:00] | Right now, I’m the de facto chief of staff. | 现在 我算是幕僚长 |
[26:02] | So, if you need… | 所以 如果你需要 |
[26:04] | help or advice, | 帮助或建议 |
[26:07] | you know where to find me. | 你知道去哪找我 |
[26:11] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[26:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:23] | There’s a fire burning in the Valley outside of Los Angeles. | 洛杉矶外的圣费尔南多谷起火了 |
[26:26] | So, the Foundation sends volunteers in, | 所以基金会就派志愿者过去 |
[26:28] | we sign them up for the app. | 让他们加入应用 |
[26:30] | How many signed up in Bellport? | 在贝尔波特加入的人有多少 |
[26:33] | In and around the area, close to 50,000 phones. | 区域内外大概有五万部手机 |
[26:37] | But beside the fires, there’s flooding in the Panhandle. | 除了大火 还有狭长地带的洪水 |
[26:41] | It’s been raining for days. | 大雨已持续数日 |
[26:43] | There’s a pipeline that’s burst in North Dakota. | 北达科他州一条管线爆裂 |
[26:45] | And my nephew came up with this? | 这是我外甥想的 |
[26:47] | Well, it’s based on pre-existing technology, but… | 是基于已有技术 但是 |
[26:50] | he saw the potential. | 他看到了潜力 |
[26:52] | Essentially they’re handing over their phones, | 基本上 他们交出了自己的手机 |
[26:54] | which as you know, | 你也知道 |
[26:55] | is basically an extension of the self at this point. | 那个现在基本上就是他们自身的一部分了 |
[26:58] | Duncan calls them “the sarcophagi of our souls.” | 邓肯称之为”我们灵魂的石棺” |
[27:02] | We’ll be crawling peoples’ phones. | 我们能采集手机信息 |
[27:04] | You get to decide what people see and when. | 你可以决定大家什么时候看到什么 |
[27:07] | Did Frank take this room because of the view? | 弗兰克是因为这风景才选这里住的吗 |
[27:13] | Yes, I think he did. | 好像是吧 |
[27:23] | You respected him. | 你尊敬他 |
[27:26] | Did you fear him? | 你怕他吗 |
[27:28] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:30] | But you always knew where you stood with him. | 但你总能知道你和他的立场 |
[27:33] | And her? | 她呢 |
[27:35] | You never know. | 永远不知道 |
[27:41] | Did the workers at the plant sign up for the app? | 工厂的工人用应用了吗 |
[27:44] | – Most of them did, yes. – Good. | -大都用了 -很好 |
[27:48] | Good. | 很好 |
[27:49] | I’m glad you’re working with us, Seth. | 我很高兴你来为我们工作 赛斯 |
[27:51] | Your perspective, when it comes to the Underwoods, | 你对安德伍德夫妇的了解 |
[27:54] | my nephew. | 还有我外甥 |
[27:58] | I appreciate it. | 我很感激 |
[28:04] | Retired agents? | 退休探员吗 |
[28:06] | They’re freelance now. | 他们现在是自由职业了 |
[28:08] | Working for Nexis Securities. A lot of guys do it. | 为奈克西斯安保工作 很多人都这样 |
[28:11] | Apparently these two have been on the ground in Gaffney | 据说他俩这一周来都在 |
[28:13] | for the last week or so. | 加夫尼 |
[28:15] | – Hired by who? – We don’t know yet. | -谁雇佣的 -我们还不知道 |
[28:18] | But they’re making enough so that one of them just purchased | 但他们挣的钱够多 其中一人刚在 |
[28:20] | a second home on the Chesapeake Bay. | 切萨皮克湾买了第二栋房子 |
[28:24] | They… | 他们 |
[28:25] | broke into your Gaffney residence, ma’am. | 闯进了您在加夫尼的住所 女士 |
[28:29] | What? Where was Secret Service? | 什么 特勤局呢 |
[28:31] | And why wasn’t I alerted? | 我怎么没收到通知 |
[28:33] | Because no one was alerted. | 因为没人收到通知 |
[28:35] | They left it completely untouched, | 他们什么都没动 |
[28:37] | as far as anyone can tell. | 至少看上去是的 |
[28:41] | How did you know anyone was there, then? | 那你怎么知道有人去过 |
[28:43] | An insomniac neighbor | 一个失眠的邻居 |
[28:44] | who spotted the light from a phone screen inside. | 看到屋里有手机屏幕的亮光 |
[28:49] | Taking pictures, I’m assuming. | 拍照吧 |
[28:52] | My, my, my. | 天呐 |
[28:53] | Night life in Gaffney certainly has picked up. | 加夫尼的夜生活丰富起来了 |
[29:03] | Started when I was a kid. | 从我小时候开始的 |
[29:05] | Whenever the opportunity would present itself, | 只要有机会 |
[29:07] | I’d slip my hand into a coat pocket to see what I could find. | 我就会伸手到衣兜里去 看能找到什么 |
[29:12] | A stranger’s pocket is a window into his soul. | 陌生人的衣兜是窥视其灵魂的窗口 |
[29:16] | And what did you find? | 你发现了什么 |
[29:20] | Condoms. | 安全套 |
[29:22] | Mints. Keys. | 薄荷糖 钥匙 |
[29:25] | Did you steal what you found? | 你把你发现的东西偷走了吗 |
[29:28] | Not the mints. Because that would be cruel. | 没偷薄荷糖 那太残忍了 |
[29:33] | Was that you… | 是你吗 |
[29:36] | on the way to the airport? | 去机场路上那事 |
[29:37] | Were you trying to teach her a lesson? | 是想教训她吗 |
[29:40] | – Talk to Bill. – Come on. | -去找比尔吧 -拜托 |
[29:41] | I already did. | 我已经跟他谈过了 |
[29:46] | – She’s late. – Yeah, she’s the president. | -她迟到了 -她是总统嘛 |
[29:49] | You know, you have a weakness for strong women. | 你就是对强势女人心软 |
[29:52] | No, really. | 真的 |
[29:56] | You think they need your help. | 你觉得她们需要你帮助 |
[30:03] | Really? | 不是吧 |
[30:05] | – Still? – No, no. | -还抽呢 -不 |
[30:07] | I chew now. | 我现在嚼口香糖了 |
[30:10] | I just like to… | 我就是喜欢 |
[30:11] | play with this. | 玩这个 |
[30:16] | Wait. | 等等 |
[30:20] | She’s here. | 她来了 |
[30:43] | Madam President, Duncan Shepherd. | 总统女士 邓肯·谢泼德 |
[30:47] | – Hello. – Claire. | -你好 -克莱尔 |
[30:50] | Annette. | 安奈特 |
[30:52] | I see you’ve met Duncan. | 你见过邓肯了 |
[30:54] | – Shall we? – Yes. | -我们走吧 -好 |
[31:01] | Don’t ever recoil from me again. | 可不许再抽我手了 |
[31:16] | Ain’t 50 nifty? | 50多棒啊 |
[31:19] | I think the last time you dragged me into a bathroom, | 你上次把我拉进洗手间里 |
[31:22] | it was to show off your hickey. | 好像是为了炫耀你的吻痕 |
[31:28] | I don’t think your brother is gonna let up, Annette. | 我觉得你哥哥不会收手的 安奈特 |
[31:31] | Until he gets his ring kissed directly, I think. | 除非我直接俯首称臣 |
[31:36] | Reminds me of someone you were married to. | 这让我想起了你曾经的丈夫 |
[31:39] | No. Bill and Francis are very different people. | 不 比尔和弗兰西斯可很不一样 |
[31:42] | Agreed. | 是啊 |
[31:46] | You know I slept with him once. | 我睡过他一次 |
[31:49] | Your brother? | 你哥哥吗 |
[31:51] | Your husband. | 你丈夫 |
[31:53] | I know. | 我知道 |
[31:56] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[31:58] | Though, come to think of it, I guess it makes sense. | 不过想来 也不奇怪 |
[32:02] | What does? | 什么 |
[32:04] | That your marriage allowed for that. | 你们的婚姻不介意那些 |
[32:09] | Well, it was the ’98 campaign. | 那是98年的竞选 |
[32:11] | Francis was facing a robust challenger, | 弗兰西斯的对手势头很猛 |
[32:13] | and there you were at some DC fundraiser or other. | 你们在华府的哪个筹款宴会上碰面了 |
[32:17] | It was at the Union Station, | 是在联合车站 |
[32:19] | – East Hall. – Yes. | -东大堂 -对 |
[32:20] | And there you were, dangling your checkbook. | 你晃着手里的支票簿 |
[32:22] | So, it sounds like a favorable transaction all around. | 所以听上去像是挺不错的交易 |
[32:25] | – Is that what he told you? – I never asked for details. | -他是那么跟你说的吗 -我从不问细节 |
[32:28] | I mean, I was curious. | 我当时是挺好奇 |
[32:30] | I really was. | 真的 |
[32:32] | He was a good kisser, I’ll say that. | 他吻技还不错 |
[32:34] | But then the rest was so underwhelming. | 但其他的 太不给力了 |
[32:38] | Felt like he wasn’t all there. | 感觉他的心没全在那儿 |
[32:40] | Like, he wasn’t… | 就好像他没… |
[32:42] | all in, so to speak. | 完全投入 |
[32:44] | Of course, my first thought, and… | 当然了 我第一个念头… |
[32:48] | isn’t this true of most women? | 大部分女人都会如此吧 |
[32:49] | Was to wonder if it was me. | 我想会不会是我 |
[32:50] | Was I somehow less skilled | 我的床技是不是 |
[32:54] | than I like to believe I am? | 比我自以为的要差 |
[32:57] | Well, I can’t really answer to that, Annette. | 这我就不知道了 安奈特 |
[33:00] | I can. | 我知道 |
[33:01] | It was him. | 是他 |
[33:05] | And… | 而且 |
[33:07] | I bet it was never very different with you. | 我敢说他跟你也一向是如此 |
[33:11] | Even you. | 哪怕是你 |
[33:12] | The blonde goddess. | 金发女神 |
[33:15] | Even with you. Am I right? | 哪怕是跟你 对吗 |
[33:23] | It’s really only dawning on me now. | 我真的现在才意识到 |
[33:26] | The sacrifice you made. | 你做出的牺牲 |
[33:29] | I sort of pity you. | 我都有点可怜你 |
[33:31] | What you must have denied yourself all those years. | 你这么多年来是怎样有苦说不出 |
[33:34] | And this is where I tell you to shut your mouth, Annette. | 我现在就要让你闭嘴了 安奈特 |
[33:38] | You don’t know anything about marriage, | 你根本不懂婚姻 |
[33:41] | much less mine. | 跟别说我的了 |
[33:43] | Tell yourself whatever you want, Claire. | 随便你怎么安慰自己 克莱尔 |
[33:46] | We both know the truth. | 我们都清楚真相 |
[33:49] | He’s waiting for you down the hall in the prep kitchen. | 他在走廊那边的备餐厨房等你 |
[33:54] | My brother. | 我哥哥 |
[33:56] | I can still do it by the way. | 我现在还会呢 |
[34:01] | Can you? | 你呢 |
[34:56] | Well, you missed dinner. | 你错过了晚餐 |
[34:58] | I can have ’em make you whatever you like. | 你想吃什么 我可以让他们给你做 |
[35:00] | I’m not hungry. | 我不饿 |
[35:02] | The secret here is how much | 秘诀在于放多少 |
[35:04] | lemon juice you put in. | 柠檬汁 |
[35:06] | Balance out the butter. | 能调和黄油 |
[35:09] | People and hollandaise. | 大家都喜欢荷兰汁 |
[35:11] | They think it tastes like money. | 觉得那是钱的味道 |
[35:13] | – A night at the hotel. – What where you looking for? | -酒店般的享受 -你想找什么 |
[35:16] | There’s nothing in the Gaffney home of value. | 加夫尼宅邸里没有什么值钱的东西 |
[35:21] | Frank did things. | 弗兰克做过些事 |
[35:23] | And you just, what? | 你怎么 |
[35:25] | Look the other way? | 就当没看见吗 |
[35:26] | That shot you took at me, it’s not like you to be so reckless. | 你冲我开的那一枪 这么鲁莽不像你啊 |
[35:30] | You don’t scare easy. | 你不好吓 |
[35:33] | The future of our country is at stake. | 这事关国家的未来 |
[35:39] | Does that sound… | 这听上去 |
[35:41] | pat to you, naive? | 做作吗 天真吗 |
[35:43] | No, not at all. | 完全不会 |
[35:46] | Do you think I don’t have friends at the Pentagon, Claire? | 你以为我在五角大楼就没朋友了吗 克莱尔 |
[35:48] | You may want to make my four years in office miserable– | 你或许想让我的四年任期很不好过… |
[35:51] | All I want you to do is behave, as promised. | 我只是希望你按说好的做 |
[35:54] | You can dig up a ring or whatever else you can get your hands on. | 你可以去挖戒指 或其他你能挖到的东西 |
[35:58] | But that doesn’t mean | 但那不代表 |
[35:59] | I won’t make your time a living hell as well. | 我不会也让你一样不好过 |
[36:06] | Raymond Tusk said about you one time, | 雷蒙德·塔斯克有次说你 |
[36:09] | some dinner we were at, he just said it– | 我们是一起出席什么晚宴 他说… |
[36:10] | This is where I’m supposed to be | 我现在是应该 |
[36:11] | a little bit afraid of the answer, | 有点害怕听到他说了什么 |
[36:12] | – I suppose. – He said, “I don’t know, | -是吧 -他说”我不知道 |
[36:14] | whether or not she’s a person… | 她真是个人 |
[36:17] | or just playing the part of one.” | 还是在扮演一个人” |
[36:19] | And I thought it was so strange at the time, but maybe it’s true. | 我当时还觉得这话很奇怪 但或许这是真的 |
[36:24] | Just… | 你真是 |
[36:27] | unreachable. | 不通人情 |
[36:32] | I know it’ll be hard for you. | 我知道这对你很难 |
[36:35] | But you’re going to have to treat me as an equal, Bill. | 但你得平等地对待我 比尔 |
[36:41] | What did you do with your husband’s will? | 你怎么处理你丈夫的遗嘱的 |
[36:43] | It was a revocable trust. | 那是份可撤销的信托 |
[36:46] | All done. | 我都处理好了 |
[36:47] | I’m not talking about that one. | 我不是说那个 |
[36:50] | I’m talking about the other one. | 我是说另一个 |
[36:52] | The new one. | 新的那份 |
[36:54] | Bet Doug Stamper would love to see the contents of that one. | 道格·斯坦普肯定会想看到那份 |
[36:59] | What’s in there anyway? | 上面写了什么 |
[37:01] | That you would go to such lengths | 你竟不惜一切 |
[37:05] | to keep him from it? | 让他看不到 |
[37:10] | Claire Hale has a secret. | 克莱尔·黑尔有个秘密 |
[37:16] | Douglas Stamper is meeting with the US District Attorney | 道格拉斯·斯坦普这会儿正在跟联邦检察官 |
[37:20] | as we speak. | 会面 |
[37:23] | He’s out, Claire. | 他出来了 克莱尔 |
[37:25] | And he’s not going back in. | 他不会再回去了 |
[37:29] | Now, you need my help. | 你需要我的帮助 |
[37:32] | Later tonight, | 今晚晚些时候 |
[37:34] | I’m going to watch you sign that bill | 我要眼看着你签署 |
[37:38] | that’s sitting on your desk. | 你桌上的那份法案 |
[37:41] | “To the dead, | “对于死者 |
[37:43] | a kingdom means nothing. | 王国毫无意义 |
[37:46] | They have their requiem and eternity.” | 他们已经拥有安宁和永恒了” |
[37:50] | That’s Macbeth. The opera, not the play. | 是歌剧《麦克白》 不是戏剧 |
[37:53] | All you have to do now is just go on out there | 你现在只需要出去 |
[37:56] | with your oldest, dearest friend and… | 跟你最久最亲爱的朋友站在一起 |
[38:00] | hold her hand up high. | 把她的手高高地举起来 |
[38:17] | Madam President. | 总统女士 |
[38:18] | You don’t really think the military is irrelevant? | 你并不真认为美军是无关紧要的吧[S03E02] |
[38:21] | I watched your confirmation | 我在我的法官室里 |
[38:23] | from my chambers for the UN. | 观看了你的联合国大使提名表决 |
[38:27] | Wasn’t my finest hour. | 不是我最好的时刻 |
[38:28] | Well, he who laughs loudest– | 笑得最响的[男]人… |
[38:30] | Or is it “laughs last”? | 还是”笑到最后” |
[38:32] | “Last.” “She.” | “最后” 是”女人” |
[38:34] | – Vincent Abruzzo. – Ninth Circuit. | -我是文森特·阿布佐 -第九巡回法院 |
[38:36] | I am no good at functions like this. | 我很不适应这样的场合 |
[38:39] | I tend to find a chair at these things | 我一般都在这样的活动上找把椅子 |
[38:42] | and sit in it for the rest of the evening. | 然后就坐一晚上 |
[38:44] | – Madam President. – Yes. Well, it’s been a pleasure. | -总统女士 -嗯 很荣幸认识你 |
[38:46] | Madam President, if I may say, | 总统女士 容我说一句 |
[38:48] | I’m so glad that we finally have a woman in the Oval Office. | 我很高兴总统办公室总算迎来一位女性 |
[38:52] | The arc of history is long, but– | 虽然历时很久 但… |
[38:55] | The reign of the middle-aged white man is over. | 中年白人男子的统治结束了 |
[38:58] | The Bill Shepherds of the world who won’t let go, have to go. | 比尔·谢泼德这样不肯放手的人 必须下台 |
[39:09] | Does anyone except you know about the document that came for him? | 除了你 还有别人知道寄给他的那份文件吗 |
[39:13] | No, of course not. | 当然没有 |
[39:15] | Because if anyone else gets their hand on that will– | 因为如果有别人拿到了那份遗嘱 |
[39:18] | That is strictly between us. | 那完全是你知我知 |
[39:20] | We only just discovered that he was missing. | 我们才刚发现他失踪了 |
[39:22] | I put a call into the US Attorney and was just informed | 我联系了联邦检察官 才得知 |
[39:25] | charges have been dropped. | 指控已撤销 |
[39:27] | How is that even possible? | 这怎么可能 |
[39:29] | I thought I’d lost my phone a couple of days ago, but… | 我几天前以为自己丢了手机 |
[39:32] | But now I’m certain that | 但现在我可以确定 |
[39:33] | he took it and reached out to make a deal. | 是他拿走了 打电话做了笔交易 |
[39:36] | I can have a grand jury impaneled | 我可以选好大陪审团 |
[39:38] | and we can be taking testimony from witnesses within a week. | 一周内就开始对证人进行取证 |
[39:43] | Who do you have? | 你找了谁 |
[39:45] | Secretary Durant? | 杜兰特国务卿吗 |
[39:48] | And others. | 还有别人 |
[39:52] | I’m sure I don’t need to talk to you about what’s right or wrong. | 我相信不用我告诉你是非对错 |
[39:55] | But in my experience, most people, in the end, | 但依我的经验 大部分人到最后 |
[39:58] | will do whatever they need to, to save themselves. | 都会不惜一切地保护自己 |
[40:09] | Do you think you have a strong enough case? | 你觉得你的胜算大吗 |
[40:12] | That depends on you. | 那要看你的了 |
[40:14] | If I’m gonna put myself on the line, | 如果我要拿自己冒险 |
[40:16] | I need to know you’re going to win. | 我需要知道你能赢 |
[40:18] | This can be a very unforgiving town. | 这个城市可以很记仇 |
[40:19] | I’m giving you a chance to start over. | 我在给你重新开始的机会 |
[40:24] | – Come on. – I can offer you immunity | -得了 -我可以拿豁免权 |
[40:26] | for your testimony. | 换取你的证词 |
[40:28] | But, Mr. Stamper, of course, I can’t give you any guarantees | 但是 当然了 斯坦普先生 我并不能就 |
[40:31] | when it comes to your reputation or that of the former president. | 你或前总统的名声做出担保 |
[40:35] | You would have to testify in an open court. | 你得在公开法庭上作证 |
[40:38] | That is the deal. | 这是我们的条件 |
[40:45] | I should consult with my lawyers. | 我要咨询下我的律师 |
[40:50] | Thank you for your time, Mr. Stamper. | 谢谢你前来 斯坦普先生 |
[41:03] | Join us in supporting the Dallas Scholarship Fund | 与我们一起支持达拉斯年轻女性 |
[41:06] | for Young Women: | 奖学金基金 |
[41:07] | Take aim. | 志远 |
[41:23] | Look at these marvelous faces. | 看看这些了不起的面孔 |
[41:26] | The faces of our future. | 她们是未来的面孔 |
[41:28] | And I am so, so honored | 我非常荣幸 |
[41:32] | to be chosen to introduce to you | 能够向大家介绍 |
[41:34] | the President of the United States, Claire Underwood. | 美国总统 克莱尔·安德伍德 |
[42:04] | I look at these brilliant young women | 我看着这些杰出的年轻姑娘 |
[42:07] | and words fail me. | 激动得难以言表 |
[42:12] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[42:13] | They gave us these. What are they gonna do? | 他们发给了我们这个 它们能干什么 |
[42:16] | Yeah, I’m not drinking the water, | 我可不喝那水 |
[42:17] | no fucking way, I’ll tell you that. | 绝不 我告诉你 |
[42:19] | I’ll go all the way to Canton to buy it, if I have to. | 实在不行我就去坎顿买 |
[42:22] | And… Mr. Grayson, | 格雷森先生 |
[42:25] | what else did he tell you about the app? | 关于这个应用 他还对你说了什么 |
[42:27] | Nothing. You can go online and check it out. | 没说什么了 你可以上网去看 |
[42:31] | ‘Cause a lot of people I know | 因为我认识的很多人 |
[42:32] | signed up for it even after the president left. | 在总统走后还是下载了 |
[42:39] | He said… | 他说… |
[42:42] | Mr. Grayson? | 格雷森先生吗 |
[42:45] | Yeah, him. | 对 他 |
[42:47] | That they were gonna tell us what was gonna happen | 它们能让我们在事发前就知道 |
[42:49] | – before it happens. – How? | -要发生什么 -那怎么说 |
[42:53] | Look, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[42:56] | Ithaca’s, like, where? | 伊萨卡在哪里 |
[42:59] | There’s one in Greece. | 希腊有一个 |
[43:01] | And the other’s in upstate New York. | 纽约州北也有一个 |
[43:04] | Guess which one I’m from. | 猜猜哪个是我的家乡 |
[43:10] | It’s a paper, it comes out once a week. | 是一份报纸 每周印发一期 |
[43:21] | It was going to happen, | 这是不可避免的 |
[43:23] | because it happened before. | 因为之前就发生过 |
[43:25] | We complained all the way to the EPA, but… | 我们都上报到环保署了 但是 |
[43:28] | whatever. | 没办法 |
[43:29] | Only this time the explosion was bad. | 只不过这次的爆炸比较严重 |
[43:32] | And yeah, some guys died. And the company knew. | 是啊 死了人 公司早就知道 |
[43:38] | They knew. | 他们知道的 |
[43:51] | Welcome home. | 欢迎回家 |
[44:04] | Good timing. I just put on coffee. | 真巧 我刚煮上咖啡 |
[44:07] | A little late for coffee. | 现在喝咖啡有点晚了吧 |
[44:09] | Well, we have so much to talk about. | 我们有好多要谈呢 |
[44:12] | I’m glad you’re out, Doug. | 我很高兴你出来了 道格 |
[44:14] | I don’t know what you were doing in there. | 我都不知道你为什么会进去 |
[44:18] | How’s the US Attorney? | 联邦检察官怎么样了 |
[44:24] | Secretary Durant’s negotiating her appearance. | 杜兰特国务卿在商谈她的出庭 |
[44:29] | And if… | 如果 |
[44:30] | Cathy should somehow be dissuaded? | 凯茜被劝说不去了呢 |
[44:33] | – Silenced? – Then it all goes away. | -不发声了呢 -那一切都不了了之 |
[44:37] | Yes, but they’ll still want to know | 是啊 但他们还是会想知道 |
[44:40] | who knew what, when. | 谁知道什么 什么时候 |
[44:44] | I feel pretty clear. | 我挺清楚的 |
[44:48] | You think it was me who asked you to take the fall | 你觉得是我叫你背锅的 |
[44:50] | – just because I said the words, right? – He told me it was you. | -因为是我开的口 -他告诉我是你了 |
[44:53] | – He whispered it in my ear. – And you believed him. | -他悄悄对我说的 -你就信了 |
[44:56] | Like you always believed him. | 你总是相信他 |
[44:59] | Well, here’s what I believe. Zoe Barnes killed herself– | 我是这么想的 佐伊·巴恩斯自杀了 |
[45:02] | And I expected to be pardoned for the rest. | 其他的事我会得到赦免 |
[45:04] | Since his death, my hands have been tied. | 他死后 我一直受到束缚 |
[45:08] | But I believe the universe has given us a gift. | 但我认为上天给了我们一份礼物 |
[45:12] | I don’t know what that means. | 我不知道那是什么意思 |
[45:15] | Well… | 这么说吧 |
[45:18] | We both lost someone | 我们都失去了一个 |
[45:20] | who shaped the course of our lives. | 改变了我们人生轨迹的人 |
[45:23] | For good, but also for ill. | 有好的改变 也有坏的 |
[45:27] | And now here we are | 现在我们 |
[45:29] | unexpectedly free. | 意外地自由了 |
[45:33] | To take a different tack. | 可以选择不一样的方法 |
[45:38] | We can do whatever we want, Doug. | 我们想做什么都行 道格 |
[45:43] | And we’ve been entwined, you and I, | 我们的命运一直纠缠在一起 |
[45:45] | like it or not, | 不管愿不愿意 |
[45:47] | for decades now. | 这几十年来都是如此 |
[45:48] | But I think… | 但我觉得 |
[45:51] | we deserve to go our separate ways. | 我们有权分道扬镳了 |
[45:54] | The only problem is | 唯一的问题是 |
[45:55] | we have something urgent to attend to | 我们有个紧急的问题要处理 |
[45:57] | called Cathy Durant. | 凯茜·杜兰特 |
[46:00] | And then we can finally be free. | 然后我们就终于自由了 |
[46:05] | Do what we really want. | 做我们真正想做的 |
[46:07] | Do what we need to do. | 做我们需要做的 |
[46:12] | What does Doug Stamper want? | 道格·斯坦普想要什么 |
[46:15] | Are you trying to erase him? | 你是想抹去他吗 |
[46:19] | Because you can’t. | 因为你做不到 |
[46:21] | I’m not trying to do anything | 我没有别的意思 |
[46:23] | except be the sitting President of the United States. | 只是想做好现任美国总统 |
[46:27] | It’s wrong to assume | 你不该认定 |
[46:30] | Francis’s ambitions directly aligned with mine, Doug. | 弗兰西斯的野心跟我的完全一致 道格 |
[46:35] | The best way to not to be associated with his questionable deeds | 要想不被与他的可疑行为联系在一起 |
[46:39] | is to do good. | 就得做好事 |
[46:41] | That’s what I plan to do, anyway. | 至少我是打算这么做的 |
[46:47] | Oh, you find that funny, do you? | 你觉得好笑 是吗 |
[46:50] | Well, it’s true. | 是真的 |
[46:57] | I never understood what he saw in you. | 我就不懂他看好了你什么 |
[47:00] | I mean the outside, sure. | 这副皮囊的确不错 |
[47:03] | But the inside… | 但内心 |
[47:05] | – LeAnn’s death. – No. | -莉安的死 -不 |
[47:09] | You never cared for her. | 你根本没在乎过她 |
[47:10] | It wasn’t necessary. | 并不非得如此 |
[47:13] | And I told him so. | 我也这么跟他说了 |
[47:15] | And yet… | 但是… |
[47:23] | Doug, do me a favor. | 道格 帮个忙 |
[47:30] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼睛 |
[47:33] | Please. | 拜托 |
[47:47] | He wanted you to have them. | 他把这个留给了你 |
[48:33] | For this to happen at this point in your life, | 这种事就你这个年纪来说 |
[48:36] | the prognosis is not good. | 预后并不乐观 |
[48:40] | I know. | 我知道 |
[48:53] | Somebody killed Francis, | 有人杀了弗兰西斯 |
[48:55] | and yet they don’t want him to die. | 却不希望他死 |
[48:57] | That last night, the last time we spoke, | 我们最后一次通话的那晚 |
[49:01] | was when I declined his phone call in the Oval Office. | 就是我在总统办公室里拒接了他的电话 |
[49:04] | It had been close to two months, and he was tired of waiting. | 已经快两个月了 他不想再等了 |
[49:08] | So he showed up here in the White House. | 于是他自己跑来了白宫 |
[49:11] | Like a thief. | 像个小贼 |
[49:13] | It was terrifying. | 当时好可怕 |
[49:16] | He was furious, slurring his words. | 他暴跳如雷 说话都不清楚了 |
[49:18] | “Why can’t you do as you’re told, Claire?” | “你怎么就不能乖乖听话 克莱尔” |
[49:22] | I told the world that he died in our bed, | 我告诉世人他死在了我们的床上 |
[49:25] | but that’s not the truth. | 但那不是事实 |
[49:27] | I locked myself in my room that night, | 我那晚上把自己锁在了我的房间里 |
[49:29] | woke up in the morning and found him dead in his. | 早上醒来时 发现他死在了自己房里 |
[49:34] | They killed him to shut me up. | 他们杀了他 好让我闭嘴 |
[49:38] | I need to bury Francis, once and for all. | 我必须彻底埋葬弗兰西斯 |
[50:02] | Do you need help signing it? | 签字还需要人帮忙吗 |
[50:13] | No. Bill. Shepherd, enough. | 别 比尔 谢泼德 够了 |
[50:17] | I actually have one condition. | 其实 我有个条件 |
[50:23] | Put it back. | 放回去 |
[50:53] | 根据美国劳工部发布的10月就业数据 新增非农就业岗位25万 失业率3.7% 工资增长速度为2008年以来最快 许多特朗普的支持者认为 这些数字 一要归功于共和党2017年末通过的减税法案 二要归功于特朗普政府一系列的去监管措施 在过去两年中 特朗普政府信守共和党”小政府””少插手”的理念 大幅度废除联邦行政法规和监管条例 到今年7月为止 白宫共废除176项监管性法规 节省开支230亿美元 其中环保署在2018年就取消/废除了10项法规 而这一数字预计会在2019年增长到30项 但去监管在刺激经济增长的同时 也增加了发生环保灾难的可能 | |
[51:38] | 今年三月 美国英国多家媒体揭露 在2016年大选期间 一家名为”剑桥分析”的公司在用户不知情的情况下 从脸书上获取用户个人信息 并将其卖给特朗普竞选团队 新闻曝光后 脸书股价大幅下滑 执行总裁扎克伯格 也不得不到国会山作证 接受议员们的严词问询 此后脸书和其它一些网站在用户隐私政策上进行了改进 过去十年中 互联网和移动终端在美国政治生活中发挥的作用越来越大 但同时也带来了一系列的严重问题 目前美国共和党和民主党都对社交网络公司的一些操作有很大意见 不过双方所关注的问题不尽相同 民主党指责社交网络上假新闻泛滥 影响了选举结果 而共和党则抱怨硅谷的公司在网络上刻意打压保守派言论 因此要求立法监管社交网络的呼声越来越大 硅谷数家大公司的老板都曾被叫到国会山接受议员们的问询 支持和反对监管的两种力量也正在激烈较量中 尚未分出胜负 | |
[52:23] | 美国有着非常严格的环保法规 联邦环保署权力很大 下属的环保执法机构犯罪调查处虽然只有200名左右的探员 但是这些环保先锋有非常独立的执法权 可以携带枪支 执行逮捕 2017年联邦环保署的执法队伍共罚没收缴了50亿美元的款项 在罪案调查过程中 环保署的执法部门也会同其它联邦执法部门合作 不过剧中被调驻到国防部的情况在现实生活中还不曾出现 环保署自身执法权限很大 在对付大公司的时候一般也不需要五角大楼介入 近年来倒在环保署铁拳下的最大一个目标是德国的大众公司 由于在尾气排放问题上作假 在环保署的调查下 大众公司被罚款28亿美元 并支付15亿美元的补偿款 涉案的一名公司高管和一名工程师也被判入狱 因为共和党的去监管主张 在特朗普主政之后 环保署力量被大幅削弱 其下属的执法部门调查的案件也照往年有很大幅度的减少 |