英文名称:Hollywood Ending
年代:2002
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:50] | You know who would be perfect to direct this… | 你知道谁最适合来执导这个――― |
[01:53] | …not that I relish the idea of working with him, but my ex-husband. | 但是,我并不想说出来,因为我没有兴趣和他一起合作…… |
[01:58] | Val? | ―是……我的前夫。 ―沃尔? |
[01:59] | He’s perfect for this material. | 沃尔是最合适的,他也是最好的,给我那个剧本。 |
[02:01] | She’s right. it’s his kind of story. | 她说得很对,这正是适合他的故事。 |
[02:03] | I love Val, but with all due respect, he’s a raving, incompetent psychotic. | 瞧,我爱沃尔, 我爱他。但是考虑到…… |
[02:08] | He’s not incompetent. | ―他简直疯了,他是一个无能的疯子。 ―他不是没有能力。 |
[02:10] | They should lock him up and throw away the key. Don’t take that the wrong way. | 他们应该把关起来,丢掉钥匙。别走错路了。 忘记他吧,我们要有超过两百万的赤字了,并且可能没有电影维持了。 |
[02:18] | I did a picture with him at Firestone. He never fini…had a nervous breakdown. | 对的。但我还在火石影业的时候,和他一起拍了一部影片。 -他甚至还没有完成那部电影。 -我当时就在火石影业。 |
[02:23] | He was under a lot of stress. We’d just broken up. | ―他神经崩溃了。 ―他承受了很大的压力。我们只是爆发了一下―― |
[02:27] | Honey, he was fired off a picture here at Galaxie before I took over. | 亲爱的,在我接管银河影业之前,他就被解雇了。 |
[02:31] | They said his demands were outrageous. | ―他们说他的要求太令人不可容忍的。 ―他是一个完美主义者。 |
[02:33] | The light had to be perfect. The sun had to be just right. | ―光线必需要完美。阳光必须要恰到好处。 |
[02:37] | He demanded they replace the leading lady. | 他要求他们替换女主角。 |
[02:40] | He wanted to reshoot dailies, fire the cameraman. | 他想重新排每一天的样片。他解雇了摄影师。 |
[02:44] | He got shingles. They shut down the picture and found another director. | 最后,他患了疱疹。 |
[02:48] | You don’t have to tell me. | 他们就停了拍摄,找了另外一个导演来完成这部戏―-你―你不必告诉我这些。我那个时候还和他结着婚。 |
[02:50] | I was married to him then. But that was 10 years ago. | ―你应该记得。 ―那时10年前的事了,豪尔。 |
[02:53] | His best pictures were 10 years ago. Then he became an artiste. | 他最好的影片是十年前的事了,然后他成了一个真正的艺术家。 |
[02:58] | I am the last person to defend that craziness, because it drove me nuts. | 看。我是最不应该来为那些疯狂辩护的…… 因为我差点为此发疯。 |
[03:03] | But Val cares about movies. He was born to do this material. | 但是,沃尔关心电影,他天生就是应该拍这个剧本的。 |
[03:13] | He’s mellowed, I’m telling you. | ―埃莉,我们谈了些什么? ―疱疹,头痛。为什么要起这个头? |
[03:15] | Who better to direct this? New York’s in his marrow. | ―但是他是最老练的。 我只是告诉你。谁比较合适来执导这部影片? |
[03:19] | Just let me say this: Ruth. | ―整条纽约街都在他的骨髓里。 ―让我说就是:鲁思。 |
[03:21] | -Yes, Ruth. -No way. | ―对,鲁思。―没门!上帝呀! |
[03:23] | He’s great! I know we could get him. He’d be safe. | 他怎么样?他很了不起。我知道我们可以用他,他现在很正常了。 |
[03:27] | We can put our foot on his neck. Martin Ruth! | 他很可靠,马丁.鲁思 |
[03:30] | Val hasn’t worked in years. We could make a good deal. | 对,沃尔已经很多年没有工作了。我们可以定一个好的协议。 |
[03:33] | Then watch him like a hawk. | ―你所需要做的就是严密地监视他。 |
[03:35] | We’re going to lose a lot more with Val! | ―我们将会失去――-我们和沃尔在一起将会失去很多。 |
[03:39] | I agree with Ellie. I think he’s the ideal director for this project. | 我同意埃莉的。我认为,对于这个剧本,他是一个理想的导演。 |
[03:44] | But we won’t use him, because who needs trouble? | ―但是我们将不会用他。谁希望找麻烦了? ―对 |
[03:48] | And why would he work with us, given all the personal baggage? | 除此之外,是什么认为他想和我们一起合作,考虑到个人原因? |
[03:52] | I’m told he’s in no position to be fussy. | 我听说他不再挑剔了。 |
[03:56] | I can’t stand it here! What the hell am I doing in Canada? | ―我再也不能忍受了。 我到底到加拿大来干嘛? |
[04:00] | Lori, they got moose up here! Are moose carnivorous? | 诺莉,这还有驼鹿。 驼鹿,驼鹿是不是肉食的? |
[04:05] | How can you be homesick? You got there yesterday. You come home tomorrow. | 我的天!你怎能又想家了? 你昨天才到那里。你明天就要回家。 |
[04:10] | Val! We’re good to go, Val! Waiting on you! | 沃尔?沃尔,沃尔,我们很高兴来这,我们等你。 |
[04:14] | Did my agent call? Any word on that TV movie? | 我的经纪人有打电话来过吗?有什么关于电影频道话吗? |
[04:18] | The interracial abortion gene-splicing thing? | 种族废除,基因重组的东西? |
[04:21] | The TV movie decided to go with Peter Bogdanovich. | 我认为电影频道制片商决定和皮特.波丹维奇合作了。 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1750个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:322个,六级词汇:188个,GRE词汇:195个,托福词汇:259个,考研词汇:356个,专四词汇:291个,专八词汇:56个, 所有生词标注共:666个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[04:24] | Oh, that’s great! | 哦,那―那―那太好了,太好了,太好了。 |
[04:27] | That’s just great! | |
[04:29] | You know, I love Peter. Peter’s a beautiful guy. | 你知道,我―我爱皮特。 皮特是一个英俊的家伙。 |
[04:34] | God bless him. Oh, God. | ―上帝保佑他,我―― |
[04:37] | The client wants overhead coverage of the spray cans. | 沃尔, 客户希望多拍些喷雾罐。 |
[04:40] | One minute! This is humiliating! I’m up here shooting a deodorant commercial. | 等一下。诺莉,这是很羞辱的。 |
[04:46] | I got two Oscars! Up here you don’t need Oscars, you need antlers! | 我―我来这里排除臭剂广告。我可是获得两项奥斯卡了。 |
[04:53] | Here’s a funny script about two fraternity kids… | 在这里,你需要的不是奥斯卡,你需要的是鹿角。 这里有一个有趣的脚本关于两个孩子在一个互济会大学里…… |
[04:56] | …who invent a machine to turn women back into virgins. it’s very clever. | 发明了能让女人重新在变回处女的机器。 |
[05:02] | What’s the matter? | 那很聪明。有什么问题吗? |
[05:04] | When you asked me to come out here… | 你知道,当你要求我为了你来到这里是,你答应了我 |
[05:07] | …you promised me I wouldn’t just be one of those bright women who… | 我将不会是那种嫁给钱的漂亮女人…… |
[05:12] | …finds properties, goes to lunch 500 times developing them, then never gets one made. | 光说不作。 |
[05:17] | Honey, “The City That Never Sleeps” is greenlit. That’s been your project. | 亲爱的,《不夜城》准备开拍了。 |
[05:21] | Until I suggest the director. Then… | ―那时就是你的任务了。―对,确实是。 |
[05:24] | …though you admit he’s perfect, I get shot down. | 直到我提议导演。即使你也认为他是这个剧本的理想人物…… |
[05:27] | You weren’t shot down. | ―我很丢脸把。―不,你没有丢份,亲爱的。 |
[05:28] | It’s a risky choice, but an inspired one. | 我知道那是一个危险的选择,但是却是一个有灵感的选择。 |
[05:31] | I think you want to help him because you feel guilty. | 我想你是感到内疚才帮他。 |
[05:34] | Guilty? Why? Because I fell in love with you? | 内疚?为什么我要内疚?因为我爱上了你吗? |
[05:37] | I put in enough years in that marriage… | 我是说,天晓得我忍受了这段婚姻多长时间。 |
[05:40] | Right. You did nothing wrong. | ―对。你绝没有做错。―我知道。 |
[05:43] | I know, and I brought up his name because… | 我提起他的名字,只是因为―- |
[05:47] | …he would give you the best movie for that script. | 因为他会把这部剧本排成最好的电影。 |
[05:50] | He’s probably too angry to speak to you. | ―这一点无须质疑。 ―他太生气了,他甚至可能不会和你讲话。 |
[05:53] | And he could ruin the picture to get even with me… | 而且他有可能会为了报复我,而毁掉这部戏。 |
[05:56] | No, you’re wrong about that. He would be grateful. He needs a comeback. | 不,对于这一点,你就错了,你错了,他是一个很有风度的人。 |
[06:01] | Ellie, this is a very, very expensive film. | ―他需要一段时间来恢复,并且―-―埃莉,这是一部非常,非常昂贵的电影。 |
[06:04] | It has solid box office potential. | 它极有获得很高票房记录的可能。 |
[06:07] | He can do it. | 他能做这个。 |
[06:10] | You don’t regret leaving him, do you? | 你不后悔离开他吗?是吗? |
[06:15] | One day you look up and realize that laughs are not enough. | 你知道,某一天当你回想起的时候,你会觉得可笑。 |
[06:21] | I can handle him, Hal. I just got tired of having to all the time. | 我可以对付他,豪尔 我厌倦他真的是很长时间了。 |
[06:27] | And then, you know…l met you. | 于是,你知道――然后我遇见了你。 |
[06:38] | What are you doing home? | ―你回家干什么? |
[06:40] | I quit. | ―我退出了。 不!沃尔不要再来一次了。 |
[06:42] | No, Val, not again! You quit over nothing again?! | ―你退出没出事? ―没出小事。 |
[06:46] | Not over nothing. I quit over a big thing. | ―什么? ―我出大事了。 |
[06:50] | They fired me. I thought that was big enough to quit over. | ―什么? -他们解雇了我。那就是退出引起的大事。 |
[06:54] | Oh, Val, that’s just great! | 哦,沃尔!那太好了。 |
[06:57] | I got the last plane out of Toronto. | 我正好赶上最后一般从多伦多出发的飞机。 |
[07:00] | Have you ever seen Canada? Now I know why there’s no crime up there. | 你知道加拿大人吗?现在,我知道了为什么那里没有犯罪。 |
[07:08] | I must say, you don’t seem too enthused at seeing me. | 孩子,我必须说…… 你好像并不热情看见我。 |
[07:12] | Can you blame me? Now you’ll just sit around, talking about the good old days. | 是吗?你能怪我吗?你现在要做什么事呢? 你到公寓的四周去走一走,去闲谈过去美好的往事。 |
[07:17] | I got to get a picture. Someone has to take a chance on me. | 我要去拍电影。 孩子,会有人想用我的。 太可笑了的是, 但你感觉你冷的时候,你已经感冒了。 |
[07:25] | Fortunately, my business manager put | 幸运的是,我的经纪人在他进监狱之前,留下足够的钱。 |
[07:28] | away enough money before he went to prison… | |
[07:30] | …for me to live on another 3 weeks, maybe. | ―因此我还可以再维持三个星期,可能。 |
[07:36] | If you had come with me, it might have been different. | ―你经济人的电话。 嗨,你瞧,假如你和我一起去,那情况就不一样了。 |
[07:39] | Two people in a sleeping bag is a lot cozier. | 两个人睡在一起比一个人舒服多了。 |
[07:42] | Who’d go on for me in the play? | 谁会在戏里替代我? |
[07:45] | For God’s sakes, it’s an off-off-Broadway play! | 看在上帝的份上,它不是一部百老汇戏。 你在后台,你的替补会随时代替你。 |
[07:52] | Are you kidding? My understudy? | 你在开玩笑吗?我的替补?对,就在那天晚上…… |
[07:54] | That’d be the night Steven Spielberg comes. Or Harvey Weinstein. | 斯蒂芬.斯皮尔伯格或哈维.温斯坦要来看演出。 |
[07:58] | They’re not coming, believe me. They’re fasting. | 相信我,他们不会来的。他们正在斋戒中。 |
[08:02] | I would have been so good in that Shakespeare movie. | 我本可以在莎士比亚的戏剧里演的更好的。 |
[08:05] | What’s that? | ―那是,那是什么? |
[08:07] | Pelts. I traded with a fur trapper between shots… | ―那些是毛皮,我在拍电影期间和一个毛皮制作商买的 |
[08:12] | …so the trip wouldn’t be a total loss. | 嗯,这次旅行还不是一次完全的失败。 |
[08:15] | Your agent sent over that script. | ―你的经济人送过来得剧本。 |
[08:18] | A script? | ―剧本? |
[08:20] | Why didn’t you tell me about this? | 为什么你不告诉我这些? |
[08:23] | “The City That Never Sleeps”. | 《不夜城》 |
[08:26] | When did this come in? | 这个什么时候来的? |
[08:29] | Well? What did you think of it? | 好?你在想什么? |
[08:33] | I think it has definite potential. | 瞧,我在想它极有潜力。 |
[08:35] | It’s got a really good Manhattan feel to it. | 它会得……瞧,真正好样的曼哈顿人能感受到了这一点。 |
[08:40] | They’re interested in you directing. | 瞧,他们对你的执导很有兴趣。 |
[08:43] | That’s, uh, that’s fine with me. | 瞧,那对我太好了 瞧,这正是我真正需要的那类剧本。 |
[08:48] | This is the kind of material I can do great. I can make this script sing. | 这是――这是―-你瞧,我能让这剧本传颂。 |
[08:53] | This is New York. it’s nightclubs, the skyline. | 纽约,夜总会,摩天大楼。 |
[08:57] | -Want some water? I’m very excited. -Me, too. | ―要不要来一杯水?我非常的激动。 ―好的,给我来一杯 |
[09:00] | Who wants me? | ―谁想要我的? |
[09:01] | Well, we have a little selling to do, but Galaxie is making it. | ―嗯,我们还有一点东西要讲…… |
[09:07] | -Hal Yeager? -That’s right. | 是,呃,银河影业要拍这个。 ―对,就是他! |
[09:09] | He stole my wife. | ―他偷了我的妻子。 |
[09:11] | Ellie’s the one pushing you. | ―正是埃莉为你争取的。 |
[09:14] | Pass! I’m not going to work with Hal Yeager and Ellie. | 不要提了。我不会和豪尔.依尔格和埃莉一起工作的。 |
[09:18] | He’s a Philistine and she’s a quisling. it’s a religious conflict. | 你在开玩笑。他是个非利士人而她是个叛徒。 ―这是信仰冲突。 |
[09:22] | Calm down. it’s everything you’ve been looking for. | ―请你冷静一下。 这不正是你要寻找的一切吗? |
[09:26] | I’m frankly flabbergasted they’d even think of me. | 我――你知道,我真的很大吃一惊,他们竟然会想到我。 |
[09:30] | They didn’t think of you. She did. | 其实,他们没有想到你,而是她。 |
[09:33] | She convinced Yeager to fly to New York and meet with you. | 她已经说服了依尔格飞来纽约,来和你见面 |
[09:37] | This guy stole my wife. | ―就是那个家伙拐走了我的妻子。―他没有因为那个而反对你。这仅仅是笔生意。 |
[09:39] | He doesn’t hold that against you. it’s business. | |
[09:43] | Can you believe that she would leave me for Hal Yeager? | 你能相信她为了豪尔.依尔格 而离开我吗? |
[09:47] | I still can’t get my mind around it. Mr. Slick… | 我仍然不能相信。 滑头先生―― |
[09:50] | The price of his haircut could feed a family of five. | ―他理发的钱就可以养活他们一家五口人。 |
[09:54] | Calm down. You’re getting all red. | ―冷静 你太激动了,可否冷静一下 |
[09:58] | And you’re telling me he doesn’t want me? She’s the…? | 你告诉我她――他不要我,而是她―― |
[10:02] | The nerve of that… He’s such a manicured phony! | 他们疯了。他是一个可鄙的虚伪人。 |
[10:06] | May he fall on his blow comb and get hot in the wrong place. | 也许,他是倒在他的吹风机上…… |
[10:11] | Please, Val. Don’t do anything to kill this. It’s a golden opportunity. | 错把什么地方过热了。 沃尔,请不要在放过这个机会了。这是一个黄金机会。 |
[10:16] | I’d rather do the geriatric diaper commercial I turned down. | 算了吧。我宁愿去做老年尿不湿广告。我不干。 你会吗?假如你放弃这次机会,你死定了。 |
[10:24] | Of course I wouldn’t. This is a terrific script. I …. | 当然我不会,这个剧本太好了 |
[10:29] | Come on, make some sense now. | -我,我―-―理智些。 |
[10:32] | A $60-million, first-class feature film. | 6千万元,一流电影. |
[10:36] | A big payday, which you need. And… | 你需要一个盛大的发薪日。假如你的这部戏成功,你又可以回到颠峰时期了。 |
[10:39] | …if you score with this, you’re back on top. | |
[10:41] | A gift like this will never drop in your lap again. | 这真是一个从天而降的大礼物呀! |
[10:45] | Just take the meeting with Yeager. | 只是和依尔格见一见面。 |
[10:47] | -And Ellie. -Yes, and Ellie. | ―还有埃莉? ―对还有埃莉。 |
[10:49] | I’ll get you half a million dollars. | 我现在告诉你,我将分五十万给你。 |
[10:52] | A lousy half mil they’re offer… | 他们提供的恶心的五十万吗? |
[10:54] | They want to buy prestige at the Shrine on Oscar night for a half mil? | 就五十万,他们就想在奥斯卡之夜买到名望吗? |
[10:59] | There’s no offer yet. | 还没有出价,这不是出价。 |
[11:01] | I reject their offer! | ―我拒绝他们的出价。 |
[11:03] | -There’s nothing to reject. -Well, I reject it anyhow. | ―你不能拒绝。 ―我无论如何也不答应。 |
[11:08] | You meet with him and be nice, or I’m out of here. | 你最好去见一见他,你最好友好一点,否则我就离开这里。 |
[11:12] | I finally get an offer worthy of my gifts and look where it comes from! | 我最后会得到一个值得的出价,看一看到底哪出的。 |
[11:16] | There is no offer yet. I am so tired of all this big talk… | 现在还没有出价。我已经厌烦…… 你10年前是多么的伟大。 |
[11:21] | …about how big you were ten years ago. Things change. You can’t get work. | 但是情况已经变了,你现在接不到工作。 ―你知道,我的一半是多么的需要这个。 ―那你的另一半呢? |
[11:30] | Also wants it. That’s the problem. | 同样需要。那就是问题所在。 |
[11:32] | -It only takes one hit. -I know. | -这只说明一点。 -我知道。 |
[11:35] | I want a role. | ―而且我想演一个这部电影里的角色, |
[11:36] | I’m not hired yet. He has to meet me and throw his weight around. | ―我还没得到这部电影呢。 他要见见我,先看看。 |
[11:40] | Not just a bit part. I want to show what I can do. | 不要小角色,要一个能表现我全部的。 |
[11:43] | I can’t stick my girlfriend in the movie. | 诺莉, 我不能忍受我的女友在电影里。 |
[11:45] | But I’m good. | 我不仅是你的女友。我很好。 |
[11:47] | I told you to take acting lessons. | 记得以前,我总告诉你应该去上表演课吗? |
[11:50] | I’m a natural. Classes would ruin me. | 我是一个天生演员。上课只可能毁掉我。 |
[11:53] | Ellie feels guilty, so this is her way of clearing her conscience. | 上帝呀。你知道,埃莉因为抛弃了我,而感到很内疚…… 因此这是她补偿的方式。 |
[11:57] | Great! Who cares how it came about? | 太好了!那有什么不同了? |
[12:01] | This whole thing is creepy, Lori. | 这件事简直太令人难受了,诺莉 |
[12:04] | This is a woman I was married to for 10 years. | 看在上帝的分上,那是我娶了10年的女人。 我们做爱。她呕吐的时,我还扶她到马桶上。 |
[12:13] | Not from making love! From eating sushi. | ―从和你做爱开始? ―不是从做爱开始,而是从吃寿司开始。 |
[12:16] | I used to hug her when she was afraid of flying. | 看在上帝的分上,我已经习惯了拥抱她,当她害怕坐飞机的时候。 |
[12:21] | I kissed her on top of the Eiffel Tower. | 而且,在埃菲尔铁塔上我吻过她。 |
[12:23] | I swam in the moonlight with her at Montauk. | 我们在Montauk岛一起在月光下游泳。 |
[12:26] | Now I have to take a meeting with her? | 现在我突然的要和她见面。 |
[12:38] | I have very mixed feelings. This guy has to show me he’s changed. | 我不知道,我的心情现在很复杂。 他确实显示他已经改变了。 |
[12:42] | He’s not in a position to make demands. | 他并没有要求太奇怪的请求。 因为,对他来说,几年前就已经结束了。他已经几年没有接触任何东西了―――全是垃圾。 |
[12:50] | …is garbage! I’m not saying that as criticism. | 垃圾,你知道,并不是批评。 |
[12:53] | The question is, do I let this has-been make his comeback on my money? | 问题是,我是否想让这个过时人物用我的钱来一次重返。 |
[12:58] | He’s not a has-been. He’s a very good director who’s fallen on hard times. | ―他不是个过时人物,他一直都是一个非常好的导演…… ―只是陷入了一些困难时期。 |
[13:03] | He brought it on himself! He’s his own worst enemy! | ―是他自找的。 他就是他自己最大的敌人。 |
[13:07] | Think of the press angle. | 瞧,想一想媒体的角度! |
[13:09] | Val Waxman does his comeback film for Galaxie Pictures. | 沃尔.瓦克斯曼为银河影业拍他自己的重返电影。 |
[13:13] | What good is that if he ruins the picture? | 假如是那个家伙搞砸的话,将是一个多么好的新闻发布会呀? 他不会的 |
[13:17] | No, because I’ll fire him. | 不,你绝对正确。他绝对不会,因为我根本不会雇佣他。 |
[13:20] | I won’t take temperamental antics from some “auteur” genius. | 我不会要一个喜怒无常的的天才“刁演”小丑。 |
[13:24] | -Auteur. -Whatever. | -“导演”,是“导演”。 -无论如何,好吧,“导演”。 |
[13:32] | We’ll see. | 你要制作一部大众片子,是吧? 他可以对这部影片比任何我能想到的人做的都好。 |
[13:39] | -You’re so nervous. -I’m not nervous. I’m tense. | 哈!我们会瞧瞧的。 ―你太紧张了,你让我也觉得紧张了。 ―我没有紧张,我只是有点兴奋。 |
[13:42] | You’re nervous. | ―你确实神经紧张。 |
[13:43] | No, I’m tense. When I’m nervous, I bite my nails. When I’m tense, I do this. | ―我是兴奋。但我神经紧张的时候,我会咬我的指甲的。 |
[13:48] | Just calm down and act professional. | 当我紧张的时候,我会这样对我的衣领 |
[13:51] | I’m fine. But this is a guy who stole my wife. | ―就象――冷静,就象很专业的样子。 ―我是的,我很好。 |
[13:56] | Years ago, I would never have made a film for him. | 但是那个家伙,拐走了我的妻子, 要是在几年前,我是绝对不会为他拍电影的…… |
[13:59] | Now I’m auditioning for him? it’s crazy. | 但是现在,我要突然为他去试镜吗? |
[14:02] | I would kill for this job. | 那不可能。你知道,这个工作会要我的命…… |
[14:04] | But the people I want to kill are the people offering me the job. | 但是,我想杀的却是那些提供我这个工作的人。 |
[14:08] | What is that? | ―你疯了。 ―那是什么? |
[14:09] | In the cab, I took a blue pill. | ―记得在出租车里,我吃了一个蓝色药片吗? ―是吗? |
[14:12] | That was to calm my anger, but it had speed in it… | 那个东西本因该使我安静下来。但是它觉更加刺激了我。 |
[14:16] | …so I took another pill to calm down the speed. | 因此在那以后我又吃了一片。 |
[14:23] | …for the meeting. | 这回,它使我安静了下来,可以和他们见面了。 |
[14:25] | Great. Perfect. | ―好,太好了。 ―好。 |
[14:27] | That other pill I took keeps me dry when it’s raining out. | 然后未雨绸缪,我又吃了一片。 |
[14:33] | -Ellie! Wonderful to see you. -Hello, AI. | ―你好,艾尔。 ―很高兴见到你。 |
[14:37] | Hello, Val. | ―你好。沃尔 你好。沃尔 |
[14:41] | -AI, how are you? -Nice to see you. | ―艾尔。你好吗?很高兴见到你。 |
[14:45] | I’m so glad you could get here. | 我很高兴你能来。现在供电不足了吗? |
[14:48] | Are they still having power failures? | |
[14:51] | I read there was a terrible power failure in California. | 我看报纸说在加尼弗尼亚有很大的能源问题。 |
[14:55] | -AI, you want something to drink? -Coffee. | ―你要不要一杯咖啡? ―好的,给我来一杯。 |
[14:58] | They said the electricity was going off …. | 电。供电正在减弱。 |
[15:01] | Come on in. | 进来吧。 |
[15:05] | Since when do you wear suits? | ―从什么时候你开始穿西服了了? |
[15:08] | You have milk? | ―你要不要牛奶? |
[15:09] | You never wore suits. | ―你从来不穿西服的。 |
[15:11] | Cream! | ―是呀。是呀,嗯,奶油 |
[15:14] | Val, you look very good. | 沃尔 你看起来相当不错。 |
[15:16] | I’m okay. I’ve been having some back spasms… | 我很好,你知道。我一直有背部痉挛…… |
[15:20] | …and I have a torn rotator cuff, and, uh, my knee, I have …. | 和关节疾病,并且,我的膝盖―― |
[15:24] | I have a hearing loss. it’s so odd. In my left ear. | 你知道,我听觉不太好。我的左耳会有怪音―― |
[15:29] | What’d you think of the script? | ―你认为剧本怎么样? |
[15:31] | The script? Well… | ―剧本? |
[15:33] | …the movie it’s based on was a stupid little potboiler. | 你知道,那部原著是一个愚蠢的蹩脚作家写的。 |
[15:37] | He’s asking about the script, Val. | 他问关于这部剧本。 |
[15:40] | The rewrite is good. | ―但,但是改写还不错。 |
[15:42] | Thanks to Ellie. | ―感谢埃莉。这些工作都是她做的。 |
[15:44] | It’s good. I think this could make… | 对,那很好。你瞧,我认为这部戏可以成为…… |
[15:47] | …a tough, gritty, New York big city movie. | 一个坚强的, 坚韧不拔的纽约故事,伟大的城市电影。 |
[15:50] | You can’t make any money just in big cities. | 你在大城市里几乎不能赚到什么钱。 |
[15:53] | Well, where would this play? It won’t… | 那,你觉得应该在那里上映? 它不会出现在Biloxi的农民面前或超市里。 |
[15:57] | …appeal to farmers, or shopping malls in Biloxi. | 哦,我完全不同意。我认为假如这部影片上映合适。 它将吸引全世界的人。 |
[16:07] | Where do you think the demographics are? | 你认为的观众统计怎样? |
[16:09] | The demographics? | 观众统计? |
[16:11] | You mean why the country got so stupid suddenly? | 你的意思是,为什么整个国家的人突然变的如此愚蠢了? |
[16:16] | My theory is fast foods. | 我认为典型的快餐文化。 |
[16:18] | The film’s age group. Where do you see it? | 年龄范围。适合这部电影的年龄范围。你的看法? |
[16:21] | The age? Uh, this will appeal to, you know… | 年龄?我认为,它可以吸引――…… |
[16:27] | …adults and… …”teenagers, young adults… | 成年人和青少年,中年人…… |
[16:32] | …and, kids, adolescents, I think… | 和小孩,青少年,我想。 初学走路的孩子,我猜,婴儿。 |
[16:43] | Yes, I agree. And then some. | 我们的市场调查显示这部电影对于男人和女人都有广泛吸引力。 是的,我同意,确实是这样。 |
[16:46] | -But the script has some holes in it. -Oh, Val. | 但是,这个剧本却有几个缺点在里面。 |
[16:51] | Like what? | 是什么? |
[16:53] | Well, the climax, for instance. I think the climax comes… | 例如,就那高潮部分来说。 我认为,问题在于高潮部分来得太早。 |
[17:01] | Didn’t I say that? The inciting event should come later. | ―它应该在审判一幕之后出现。 ―我没有说过吗? 煽情场景该来的迟一点。 |
[17:05] | And the character of Benny …. | 本尼的角色。我认为我们应该拍本尼…… |
[17:07] | I feel we should shoot Benny with a handheld camera, not a Steadicam. | 用手提摄影机,而不是用固定摄像机。 |
[17:12] | It should be nervous, like his inner personality. | 那样气氛就会很紧张。你知道…… |
[17:16] | I don’t know if I like that. | 让观众内心感到很紧张,感到他的内心世界。 |
[17:18] | You said it could be with a Steadicam. | 我不知道我是否喜欢那样。 可以用固定摄像机得,即使是你也这样说过。 |
[17:21] | How do you feel about this? What if we shot the picture in black and white? | 我问你,你老实说对这个感觉怎样。 假如我们排全黑白电影怎么样? |
[17:26] | Why? | ―什么? |
[17:27] | -New York is a black and white town. -Forget it. | ―因为纽约市是一个黑白城市。 ―它到处散发着黑白。 |
[17:32] | Arty. it’s arty. | ―算了吧。 |
[17:36] | Anybody have an aspirin? | 艺术,那是艺术。 有没有人有阿司匹林?有没有人有阿司匹林? |
[17:38] | Try one of these. My herbalist gave them to me. | 这里,试一试这些。我的医生给我的。 |
[17:41] | I can do this picture. I have a feel for it. | 我可以拍摄这个电影。我知道――我有感觉。 |
[17:45] | I see it all, maybe with a Cole Porter score. | ―我完全明白,也许像卡尔.波特的乐谱一样? ―完全正确。 |
[17:48] | Okay, well, let us discuss it. | 让我们讨论这个吧。 |
[17:52] | We’re talking to other directors. We’ll let you know. | 我们会同其他导演也谈谈,喔,我们会让你知道的。 |
[17:56] | Maybe Irving Berlin or something, because… | 也许依夫林.柏林或者别人。你要沟通…… |
[18:01] | If there ever was a Val Waxman property, this is it. | 很好,我认为,我们必须讨论一下这个。 你知道,如果曾经有沃尔.瓦克斯曼的特色,那这就是,对吧?? |
[18:05] | We’ll keep in touch. | ―我们会联系的。 ―有么有人有Xanax(药名)? |
[18:07] | -Anyone got a Xanax? -Zantac. I got an ulcer, too. | ―我有Zantac(药名)。我有胃溃疡。 ―不是Zantac,是Xanax。 |
[18:13] | Can I talk to you for a second? | ―那是完全不同的。 ―我可以和你聊几句吗? |
[18:18] | Listen, Val. Sorry. | 停止,沃尔―哦!抱歉。是很高兴再见到你。确实。 |
[18:21] | It was great seeing you again. | ―你有私人医生吗? |
[18:24] | -You’ve got an herbalist? -Yeah, he’s a genius. | ―是得,一个天才。 |
[18:27] | In Beverly Hills, he’s a genius. In New York, he’d be low-normal. | 在贝弗利山他是一个天才。假如他在纽约,他将被认为不正常。 你知道,我们这里用的是完全不同的系统。 |
[18:31] | We use a different rating system. | 当我们还是小孩子的时候,在这座城市里, 每个星期都有大约10部的外国电影。 |
[18:41] | Italian, French, Spanish… | ―意大利,法国―― |
[18:43] | Italian films. I love them! | ―哦,意大利电影。我喜欢 |
[18:46] | Val Waxman. Any messages? | 沃尔.瓦克斯曼,有什么消息吗? |
[18:51] | You sure? | 有确定吗? 好的 |
[18:55] | Did you see my cat? | 你看到了我的猫吗? 是那只很整洁的吗? |
[18:58] | Isn’t it neat? | ―很抱歉。 |
[18:59] | -Anything? -Not yet. No. | 哦,不,没什么。 |
[19:01] | We were discussing Hitchcock. Truffaut said “Notorious” was his best film. | ―还有什么事吗? 我们正在谈论阿尔佛雷德.希区柯克。 |
[19:06] | I agree. A masterpiece. | ―楚芬特说,“声名狼籍”是他最好的电影。 ―我同意,一部巨著。 |
[19:08] | What? You hate that movie. The ending makes you crazy. | 你们在谈论什么?你和他都恨这部电影。 结局简直让人疯狂。 |
[19:12] | Because it’s a masterpiece. | 是的,因为它是一部巨著。每次当我看那部电影…… |
[19:14] | Every time I watch Cary Grant carry Ingrid Bergman down the stairs… | 当格里.高利背着英格丽.褒曼下楼梯的时候…… |
[19:18] | …I think the Germans will catch them. | ―我总在想德国人要抓住他们了, ―我也是 |
[19:21] | No matter how many times I see it. | 不管我看了多少遍,我都认为德国人将要抓住他们了。 |
[19:24] | Hitchcock was an artist, but commercial. | ―希区柯克是一位艺术家,但是他具有商业色彩。 ―是啊,正是。 |
[19:27] | You say that like it’s good. | ―你说那看起来好像是一件好事。 |
[19:28] | You have to be both. He knew what he was doing. | ―你必须两样都要具备。 |
[19:32] | In making movies, you have to think about the audience… | 我的意思是,他知道他要做什么。为了排电影…… 你必须考虑观众,你必须―- |
[19:36] | …or you’re just making movies for yourself. it’s artistic masturbation. | 否则,你仅仅是为了你自己而制作电影,就像艺术性的手淫。 |
[19:41] | Right. You’re a narcissist. | ―对的,对的,那就是一个自恋狂, ―我是一个典型的自恋狂。 |
[19:46] | Have I told you my views on masturbation? | 我曾经告诉过你我的关于手淫的看法吗? |
[19:48] | For me, the nicest thing about masturbation is afterward… | 对于我来说,手淫最好的地方就是事后,爱抚的时候。 |
[19:52] | The cuddling time. | ―他们笑了,我没有开玩笑。 |
[19:55] | They’re laughing. I’m not joking. | ―想要香肠吗? |
[19:59] | Want a weinie? | 你成了。你将导演《不夜城》。我刚才接到一个电话。 |
[20:06] | I can’t believe it. I can’t speak! | 简直不能相信。我―我太激动了。 |
[20:11] | I got you a half-million, plus 1/10th point after quadruple break-even. | 我给了你50万加上收支平衡后的10%。 听着,他们今天晚上就要回洛杉矶 |
[20:20] | Why? | 你想不想和埃莉呆10分钟了,一起喝杯酒? |
[20:22] | Because you owe her thanks. She went out on a limb for you. | ―为什么? |
[20:26] | She wants to be sure you’re both on the same page. | ―为什么?因为你谦她一次人情,那就是原因。 |
[20:29] | Hal Yeager is quick to hire, quick to fire. | 她伸手帮了你。我想她想确信你们能够平等相待。 想想豪尔.依尔格。他雇人快,也炒人快。 |
[20:31] | You need Ellie to run interference. | 你需要埃莉来调解冲突。 |
[20:35] | All right, all right. I’ll meet her at… | 完全正确。完全正确。我会和她在…… |
[20:39] | …Bemelmans Bar at 9:00. I can spare 10 minutes. | Bemelmans酒吧8点。 我能腾出10分钟。 |
[20:42] | I can’t tell you… My head’s swimming. | 现在我的头还轻飘飘的,我说不定。 |
[20:47] | A tenth of a point after quadruple break-even! | 收支平衡后的10%。 |
[20:50] | You are really a shark, AI. | 你可真厉害,艾尔。 |
[21:10] | Congratulations. | ―祝贺你。 |
[21:13] | Can I get a Beck’s? | ―谢谢。 请来杯贝克啤酒。 |
[21:15] | Since we’ll be working together, I thought we should talk. | 由于我们在一起工作,我想我们因该坐下来谈一谈。 |
[21:19] | It’s fine with me. | 那对我太好了 |
[21:21] | As you know, Hal was a little skeptical at first… | 我的意思是,豪尔刚开始有点怀疑…… |
[21:25] | …but in the end, he’s a businessman and very professional. | 但是在最后,你知道,他是一个商人和专家。 |
[21:30] | Let me set your mind at ease. Don’t worry. | 我来让你放心。你完全没必要担心。 |
[21:33] | Things will go very smoothly. This is… | 事情都会变的好起来。 对于我来说, |
[21:37] | …a big shot for me. I realize that… | 这是一个好电影,我意识到…… |
[21:44] | …l can be very professional, and obviously Hal’s very professional… | 许多人都认为我是―我很难相处。 但是你知道,我是一个有经验的…… 明显地,豪尔.依尔格也是非常有经验的…… |
[21:49] | …and you’re professional, clearly… | 很显然,你也是。 因此,你知道。生意就是生意,没有…… |
[21:56] | I cannot understand how you could leave me for that cheesy windbag! | 我不明白,你怎能为了那个空谈家小生而离开我。 |
[22:01] | It’s mind-numbing. I just don’t understand. | 我懵了,我真的不知道为什么。 |
[22:04] | And you carried on with him behind my back for 2 months. | 你背着我和他私混了两个月。 |
[22:08] | It was not 2 months. | ―没有两个月。 |
[22:10] | Yes, it was. | ―是,是,不要告诉我没有。 |
[22:12] | You carried on behind my back. And under my nose. | 你们背着我进行这―――甚至在当着我的面 |
[22:15] | That’s twice a day. Both places. | ―在两天,不同的地方。 |
[22:17] | You’re exaggerating. | ―好了,你太夸张了。 |
[22:18] | I am not. | 我没有夸张。你一直都在和他打电话。 |
[22:20] | You were always on the phone with him. Exchanging glances. | 我注意到,你们眉来眼去的。然后,突然你就飞吻了。 |
[22:25] | Then you were exchanging fluids. I can’t believe I didn’t see it. | 我―我简直不能相信。我真想没有看见。 |
[22:29] | You were too self-absorbed, trying to be the great American film artist. | 你太自我陶醉了,你太想成为一个伟大的美国电影艺术家 |
[22:34] | Don’t tell me that. You were fine till I started to lose my audience. | 不要告诉我那个。和你在一起每一件事都很好,直到我开始失去我的观众。 |
[22:39] | Then you dump me and move to Beverly Hills. | 突然你离开了我,搬到了贝弗利山。 |
[22:41] | You hated California. We both did. | 你恨加尼弗尼亚,我们都恨它。 |
[22:44] | You hated traveling everyplace by car all the time and… | 你总是讨厌坐着汽车到处旅行。 |
[22:48] | …I hated traveling by mudslide. | 我也同样讨厌一身旅尘。 |
[22:50] | What could I do? Our marriage wasn’t going anyplace. | 那好,你到底要我做什么?我们的婚姻没有去任何地方 |
[22:52] | Where did you want it to go? Where do marriages go? | 你想什么地方?结婚该去什么地方?毕竟他们还都在那里。 |
[22:56] | After a while they all just lay there. That’s the thing about marriage. | -那就是关于婚姻。 |
[23:01] | It was in trouble. You don’t see what you don’t want to see. | -看―-―你知道,那太荒谬了。 |
[23:08] | We didn’t communicate. | ―不,婚姻困境已经很久了。 你看不清,你想去看清你不想看的东西。 |
[23:10] | We had sex. | 怎么遇到困境的? 我们没有- |
[23:12] | Yes, we had sex, but we never talked. | 没有交流了 ―我们还做爱。 |
[23:16] | Sex is better than talk. Ask anyone. | ―是的,我们还做爱,但是我们几乎没有讲话 这酒吧里的人都知道,做爱比讲话好。 |
[23:19] | Talk is what you suffer through to get to sex. | ―你不能―-―交谈只能让你受罪,因此你只有做爱。 |
[23:21] | You isolate everything. You can’t just compartmentalize like that. | 你隔离一切。你不能象那样划分。 一段好的婚姻是有多方面不可分割的部分组成。 |
[23:30] | -Is one of those parts adultery? -Never! | ―是的,包括通奸的一部分吗? ―我没有。 |
[23:37] | You had escargot that afternoon. it’s disgusting. | 绝对有。在Plaza酒店,天晓得,我收到了帐单。 那天下午你吃了蜗牛。 |
[23:41] | Sex and snails with that roast beef from Beverly Hills. | 我没有吃――太难吃了。 一边慢慢做爱,一边再贝弗利山烤肉。 |
[23:45] | You were so busy playing the American artist. That’s what you were doing… | 你正在忙着演美国艺术家。 那就是你所做的,表演。 |
[23:50] | …playing. You felt it was important to be uncompromising… | 你觉得固执和喜怒无常很重要…… |
[23:54] | …and temperamental and difficult… God, difficult! | 真难受- |
[23:57] | And starve and suffer. | 天哪,太难受了! |
[24:00] | You had all the symptoms, but not the disease. | 饥饿和痛苦。我告诉你,你不是有小病,你是有所有的病症。 |
[24:03] | You used to think I was creative and original. | 你过去认为我很有独创的和创造性的。 |
[24:06] | I still do…as a filmmaker. | 作为一个制片商,我仍然这样认为。 |
[24:08] | When you became creative as a hypochondriac, that was it. | 那仅仅是当你患忧郁症的时候,你才变的有创造性。 |
[24:12] | Those attacks were real! | ―嘿,所有我说的那些病都是真的。 ―是吗? |
[24:14] | -Oh, yeah? -Yes! | – |
[24:16] | The Black Plague, Val? | 是的。 |
[24:18] | An allergy to oxygen? | ―“黑斑症”?沃尔? 氧气敏感症?榆树枯萎症? |
[24:20] | Elm blight? Only trees get elm blight… elm trees. | 只有榆树才会得榆树枯萎病,榆树。 |
[24:23] | Can I sum it up? You cheated on me, lied to me, dumped me and… | 我能总结一下吗?你欺骗了我,又撒谎,还抛弃了我。 我们来这里是讨论公事的。 |
[24:28] | We’re here to discuss business. | ―对。 ―现在我们可以言轨正转了吧? |
[24:31] | I want to keep this professional. | ―我只是想把这事保持在绝对的职业关系上。 ―绝对。 |
[24:33] | Absolutely. I think we should rework the script a little. | 我想我们应该修改一下这个脚本…… |
[24:38] | It doesn’t have to be middle-aged people. | 因为,我认为他没有必要是个中年人。 我们应该让凯利.施文这个角色年轻一点。你瞧,他可以是刚出大学校门的。 |
[24:41] | The character of Kelly Swain could be coming out of college instead. | -确实。 |
[24:46] | Out of law school. | 不错。你的意思是刚从法学院毕业吗? ―对。 |
[24:47] | Yeah. I think Galaxie would like that. | 我想银河影业会喜欢这个。 |
[24:50] | We could maybe cast somebody like Terry Tyler, or… | 这样我们就可以找像特利.泰勒来扮演。 ―很好。 |
[24:54] | …find some talented new kid. | ―或者可以找其他人。现在肯定有很多赋有天分的人。 |
[24:56] | You are such a shallow jerk! | 你真是浅薄古怪! |
[24:59] | That you would leave me for a guy who’s the opposite of what I am! | 我没法放心思在这上面。 你为了那个处处和我作对的家伙而离开我。 |
[25:03] | With his ski lodge in Aspen and his collection of vintage cars. | 他的在Aspen的滑雪小屋和他的葡萄车收藏。 |
[25:08] | If I drove around in a 1939 Mercedes, people would think I was Himmler! | 假如我开着那辆1838年的奔驰,,别人会把我当成希姆莱的。 |
[25:12] | Hal is very smart and a brilliant deal maker. | 豪尔是一个非常聪明有才华的生意人。 |
[25:15] | He’s been audited by the best. | 我知道。他的评价一直很高。 |
[25:17] | He’s made some pretty financially successful American films. | 他制作了几部非常成功的美国电影。 |
[25:20] | That says it all. He’s the white line down the middle of the road. | 那可以告诉你关于他的一切。 他就象马路中间的白线一样。 |
[25:25] | You had your little flirtations, too. There was that Italian model. | 你自己有时也很轻佻,就像那个――那个意大利模特。 |
[25:31] | No. You were the only one I was serious with. | 不。你是唯一一个我认真对待的人。 |
[25:35] | My God, until you suddenly became noncommunicative and unresponsive… …and you dumped me and then… | 直到你突然的变得难以交流,冷漠,然后你抛弃了我―― |
[25:43] | This movie will be a fun movie to do, I think. | 我想,这部电影一定会成为一部有趣的电影。 |
[25:46] | I have a lot of ideas to discuss. | 我还有许多值得讨论的问题。 |
[25:49] | Good. And now that the studio’s agreed to you… | 好的。我只是想使你确信,一旦制片厂赞成与你合作…… |
[25:53] | …you’ll have their full support. | 你将得到他们的全面支持―- |
[25:56] | Thank you very much. I think I want a foreign cameraman. | 非常感谢。我想,我需要一个外国的摄影师。 |
[26:01] | They get a texture in the work American cameramen never get. | ―那没问题。 ―因为,他们很清楚该怎样工作…… |
[26:06] | A certain mobility. | 这点是所有美国摄影师无法做到的。 他们有很好的灵活性。 |
[26:07] | I remember coming home and picking up the extension | 我记得当我到回家,拿起电话的分机…… |
[26:10] | and you’re talking to this guy! | 而你恰好用另一分机和那个家伙谈着。 |
[26:12] | I hear my wife, lovey-dovey with her lover saying she misses her lover! | 我听见我的妻子正在和他情人甜言蜜语,说她想他。 |
[26:18] | He wasn’t my lover yet. | ―他还不是我的情人。 |
[26:19] | Bull! He was your lover! I recognize the voice… | ―胡说!他是你的情人,你还能告诉我什么? 我认出了他的声音。 |
[26:22] | Hal Yeager from Galaxie Pictures! | 他就是银河制片厂的豪尔.依尔格。 |
[26:25] | I think, “Why is my wife talking to him? They’re making me a surprise party.” | 我在想:为什么我老婆要和豪尔.依尔格说哪些? 是他们想为我举办了一个非常吃惊的晚会? |
[26:29] | -I thought they were planning my party. -Were they? | 我还以为你们要为我举办一个令人吃惊的晚会。 ―是吗? |
[26:31] | No! They were having an affair! Follow the story! | ―结果没有,她只是在和豪尔.依尔格幽会。 ―接着。上帝呀! |
[26:35] | -I can’t believe this. -I’m going. | 我简直不能相信―-―我要走了。 |
[26:39] | We’re discussing the movie. | 等一等。你要去那里?我们正在讨论电影。 |
[26:42] | No, I’m sorry. | ―不,对不起 |
[26:44] | I won’t bother you. I’ll make sure no one will interfere creatively. | 我只是―-―什么? 我会回去洛杉矶的,我不想打搅你…… 我会保证没有人会阻碍你的创造性。 ―那丹利斯.丹泽尔来扮演敲诈者怎么样? ―可能吧。只要你愿意。 |
[26:50] | Possibly. | 我想她肯定会演的很好。你知道我的意思?或者是莎拉.贝隆。 |
[26:51] | I think she would be great. Or Sarah Bedloe would be interesting. | 她应该会感兴趣的。她――我拿起电话,然后她说―― |
[26:56] | I pick up the phone to order a corned beef sandwich, | 我想要一份玉米牛排,三明治,她正在和他的情人在电话里打情骂俏。 |
[26:59] | she’s talking to her lover | ―嘿,我两个星期后,回从洛杉矶回来―― |
[27:01] | -I’ll be back from L.A. in 2 weeks… -This will be a fun picture. | ―这将是一部很有趣的电影。 |
[27:04] | …for pre-production. | ―它很好,我们都很期待。 ―我也期待它。 |
[27:05] | I look forward to it. And about Hal Yeager… | 关于豪尔.依尔格。据说他是一个穿着女性服装的家伙。帮我问候一下。 |
[27:08] | …the word on him is cross-dresser. Check it out. | 我拿起电话,然后她―- |
[27:10] | I pick up the phone and she… | ―豪尔, |
[27:13] | Hal, we’re off to a really good start. | 我们真的得到一个好的开始。 ―说来听一听,亲爱的。 |
[27:16] | Great. Tell me. | 沃尔想启用外国摄影师,我想我们应该答应他。 |
[27:18] | Val wants to use a foreign cameraman… | |
[27:21] | …which I think we should give him, because he has areal visual concept. | 他关于这部影片的设想非常好。 |
[27:26] | He’s chosen Kow Chan… | 嗯,他选择了陈,一个中国摄影师…… |
[27:29] | …a Chinese cameraman who’s done some really stunning work… | 拍过一些好东西,主要关于红军的。 |
[27:33] | …mostly with the Red Army. | 他说他不喜欢这个酒店。他更喜欢葡萄酒。 |
[27:44] | He says he doesn’t like his hotel. He much prefer the Sherry. | 豪尔,听着。沃尔 |
[27:48] | Val wants to go with Elio Sebastian as art director. | 想让埃利诺.塞巴斯蒂安做艺术总监。 |
[27:53] | Val says that Elio really knows the streets of New York. | 沃尔说,埃利诺对纽约的街道很熟悉。 |
[27:57] | Every location is out there waiting to be found. | 剧本上的每一个地点都可以找到。 |
[28:00] | Great. It saves us a fortune. | ―太好了。那样帮我们节约了不少。 |
[28:01] | With two exceptions: | ―除了两件事: 时代广场和黑人住宅区。我们必须建造时代广场和黑人住宅区。 |
[28:07] | We can’t build Times Square and Harlem. | 我们不可能建造时代广场和黑人住宅区。 他想建帝国大厦?不。 |
[28:10] | He wants to build the Empire State Building? No! | ―只有20层。 ―绝对不行,不亲爱。 那绝对不可能,好吗?告诉他,不可能。 |
[28:19] | -Okay, I’ll handle it. -Good. Great. Listen, I miss you. | ―好的,我会处理的。 |
[28:26] | Great. Really New York moody. Grey and cloudy. | ―好,很好。 |
[28:30] | -That’s how it is. -Today’s our first sunny day. | 嘿。听着。我很想念你。你们那天气怎么样? |
[28:33] | It’s fabulous here. Sunny and clear every day. | 很好。典型的纽约天气,灰暗,阴沉。 |
[28:36] | I have to run. I’m having another skin cancer removed. | ―就是那样。 ―今天有一会我们遇见了第一个晴天。 |
[28:39] | This is perfect. This view is absolutely perfect. | 好,瞧,太难以置信了。天天天气都这么好。 我必须走了。我还有一个麻烦要搞定。 [沃尔]太完美了,这个观点简直太完美了。 |
[28:42] | No, I hate it. We’re just going to have to build it. | 不,我讨厌这个。我们必须重新建造这个。 |
[28:46] | Build Central Park? | ―建造中央公园? ―对,我收回刚才我所说的…… |
[28:48] | Forget what I said about mixing real locations and sets. | -混合真实的建筑物。 |
[28:55] | …I say this metaphorically… it’ll be over my dead body. | -我不想成为看财狗…… |
[28:58] | Okay, if not the whole park… just the reservoir. | 但是如果你要建造每一样东西,我只能打个比方说―-你得从我身上踩过去――比方说。 |
[29:01] | Build the reservoir? | 那好,那就只建蓄水池。 ―建蓄水池? ―你知道吗?你有一个制片厂…… |
[29:02] | Sure. You get a studio, put in a tank… | 把水箱放进去,然后充上两千加仑的水――它就行了。 |
[29:05] | …fill it with a few thousand gallons of water. it’ll work. | 然后――等一下――那后面的树,你瞧? ―纽约是绿色的象征。 |
[29:08] | Wait! Trees behind it. New York as a symphony in green. | ―我讨厌绿色。我绝对不会用绿色。 ―不,不要有绿色。 |
[29:13] | Green I hate! I never use green. No. | ―你知道什么? 大自然。 |
[29:16] | Tell Mother Nature. Trees are green! | ―树是绿色的。 |
[29:19] | We can play it for the winter. Use snow. | ―我们可以在冬天拍摄。你可以用雪。 |
[29:22] | I buy that. A white background… | 我定下来了。一个白色的背景可以衬托两方面…… |
[29:29] | What? What? | 还有奇妙的40秒的红色。 |
[29:31] | What is he saying? | ―他说什么? |
[29:33] | No white. He cannot shoot white background. | ―他在说什么? 他说不因该要白色。他不能用白色背景拍摄。 |
[29:36] | What have you gotten me into? | 塞巴斯蒂安,你到底让我来做什么? |
[29:38] | You know, I prefer green myself. Green and red. | 你知道吗?我更喜欢绿色,绿色和红色 |
[29:43] | All I’m saying is, I think you’re being precipitous in firing him. | 我只想说,你正在促使解雇他。 |
[29:48] | Look, I never wanted this guy, not from day one. | ―我从来就不想要这个家伙,从第一天开始。 请你原谅。 |
[29:54] | May I offer for your consideration a single concept… | 我只是想让你考虑一下…… ―只是一个单纯的的建议。我说――-―你不必―― |
[29:58] | Val, you don’t have to lean into the speaker. | ―站起来,你别顶着话机。 ―让他走人。 |
[30:02] | He’s out. I want him out before this picture becomes a cost nightmare. | 我想在这部戏还没有变成一部耗资巨大的恶梦之前,让这个家伙走人。 豪尔,假如我们和他谈一下,也许…… |
[30:09] | I said from the start to use Harold Pappas! | 我从开始就打算用赫德.帕派斯。 帕派斯是一个老手。他很稳重,但是他缺乏灵感。 |
[30:12] | Pappas is a hack! He’s safe, but uninspired. I can’t work with him. | 我不想和他一起工作。 |
[30:17] | Then you should bow out now. | ―那你应该把他赶出去。 |
[30:19] | I said I can’t work him. I didn’t say I wouldn’t. | ―我是说我不想和他一起工作。但是我没有说我不能。 |
[30:23] | Val, Pappas has how many… | 沃尔,我不想争论,但是帕珀斯已经获得很多奖项提名了…… |
[30:24] | …nominations compared to this Greenwich Village lunatic? | 和这个疯子比起来。 |
[30:29] | They spent more getting those nominations… | 他们也许用更多的钱去弄提名…… |
[30:31] | …than he’d spend on the reservoir. | -多过他用来建水库的钱。 |
[30:35] | Nothing, Hal. | ―这个我不明白。 |
[30:37] | I gave in on the Chinese cameraman. I’ve kept away from your picture. | ―没什么。豪尔 |
[30:42] | I’m saying I’d feel more secure with Pappas. | ―我已经对中国导演问题上让步了。 我放手让你制作。我认为还是用帕珀斯还比较稳当。 |
[30:45] | A word to the wise. | 一个明智的选择。 有什么关于本尼的部分…… |
[30:46] | Is there anything about the part of Benny I should know? | 在我读之前,你想告诉我的吗? |
[30:50] | Only that he’s a Broadway sharpie, a gambler. | 仅仅是他是一个百老汇的骗子和赌棍。 |
[30:53] | Masterson? -Like Sky Masterson? -Exactly. | ―像Sky |
[30:56] | Forgive me if this seems obvious… | ―就是那个 现在,不客气地说,很显然,但他该是一个混混…… |
[30:59] | …but he’s a Runyonesque bookmaker type… | 标准的粗劣型,属于以赌赛马为生的人,但对他的妻子确很好。 |
[31:02] | …tough but softhearted with his wife, whom he loves? | 很形象,很正确。 |
[31:06] | That’s it on the nose. Perfect. | 开始。 |
[31:12] | Go. | 杰瑞,一些人来到家里,来找你。好像是你欠了钱。 |
[31:13] | Some guys were looking for you. Seems you owe them some money. | 我希望你什么也没告诉他们。海伦。 |
[31:17] | I hope you didn’t tell them anything! I could find myself in deep trouble! | 我现在已经很麻烦了。 |
[31:22] | Deep, deep trouble! | ―非常,非常的麻烦。 ―感谢。 |
[31:26] | Thank you. | 你好。 我会等你。 假如他们判你30年,我会等你。 假如他们判你50年,我会等你。 假如你被判两个终身监禁…… 我也会等你。 |
[31:28] | Hi. | |
[31:30] | Okay. | |
[31:36] | I’ll wait for you. | |
[31:39] | If they give you 30 years… | |
[31:43] | …I’ll be waiting. | |
[31:45] | If they give you 50 years… | |
[31:48] | …I’ll be waiting. | |
[31:51] | If you get two consecutive life sentences… | |
[31:55] | …I’ll be waiting. | |
[31:58] | I thought that last girl was interesting. | 我认为最后那个女孩不错,不是吗? |
[32:01] | Really? | ―真的吗? |
[32:02] | She read better than the others. | ―我想她理解的比其他人好。 |
[32:05] | Yes, but Claire’s supposed to be classy. | 我知道,但是克莱尔因该是很优雅漂亮的。 难道你没有看见她有一点做作吗? |
[32:10] | To be perfectly honest, I thought she radiated stupidity. | ―做作? ―老实的说,我认为她相当的愚蠢。 |
[32:14] | I mean, her reading was competent, but… | -愚蠢? -我意思是,她台词念的还行…… 但,天啊,她演的就象是…… |
[32:18] | …my God, her persona, it’s trashy and dumb. | 愚蠢和弱智的。 |
[32:23] | I think I’d like to use her. She was interesting. | 我认为我很想用她,她真的很有趣。 |
[32:26] | You’re the director. | ―你是导演。―那不是一个很大的角色,埃莉 |
[32:28] | It’s not that big a part. | 但是它是一个有特点的角色。克莱尔应该是受大众喜爱的,老天在上。 |
[32:30] | But it’s a featured role. Claire’s supposed to be a socialite. | 那个女孩,“诺拉。福克斯”,她就比在拖车公园混的女孩好点。 |
[32:35] | This girl, Lori Fox, is a step above trailer park. | ―很好,我才不称她为混混女。 |
[32:39] | I’d hardly call it trailer park. | -我是说要好一点。 |
[32:42] | I said a step above. | 我很想用她。我想她很适合这个角色。 |
[32:44] | Well, I’d like to use her. I thought she was perfect for the role. | 很好,那你拿主意。我只是提点建议。 |
[32:49] | Fine. it’s your decision. I’m just throwing out ideas. | 你可以用她,也可以不用。 |
[32:53] | Take ’em or leave ’em. | 两个依尔格先生定的位置。 |
[33:03] | -Two for Yeager. -They’re clearing your table. | ―他们正在清理你的桌子。依尔格先生。 ―谢谢。 |
[33:07] | I’m so glad you could come in. I really am. | 我很高兴你能来。我真的很高兴。 我来有事,其实只是想找一个工作上的借口来看你。 |
[33:10] | I was here on business and wanted an excuse to see you. | ―我不想让你认为我在逼迫你。 ―我懂你,你知道的。 |
[33:20] | And Val? | 你在检查我。所有事都会好起来的。确实是的。 ―沃尔也是吗? |
[33:21] | Val’s Val. He seems reasonably flexible and most of his ideas are really good. | ―沃尔就是沃尔。他看起来相当的灵活。 ―他大多数主意都很好。你会看到的。 |
[33:26] | -I hope so. -You’ll see. | ―希望如此 |
[33:28] | Right this way. | ―请走这边。 ―谢谢 |
[33:30] | There’s nothing making it awkward personally? | ―没什么时候个人感情然你们难堪吗? ―没有。 |
[33:32] | No. I think he’s accepted things and moved on. | ―我想他好像接受了这些,继续他的工作。 ―很好,随便问一下…… |
[33:36] | By the way, Andrea Ford’s covering the making of the film for Esquire. | 安德鲁.福特将要来代替依斯奎尔制作这部影片。 哦,没有开玩笑吧。――嘿,沃尔。我们刚刚谈到你。 |
[33:41] | Hey, Val! We were just talking about you. | 你好,沃尔,埃莉正在告诉我你们进行的很好。 |
[33:44] | Ellie told me how well things are going. | ―你好吗?很高兴见到你。一切可好? ―你来这里干什么? |
[33:48] | How are you? Everything okay? | ―你是问:“我来这里干什么?” |
[33:54] | We used to eat here all the time. | ―不,我是说你在这个时候来这里干什么? ―我们经常在这里吃饭。 |
[33:57] | Hal just came in on a plane. | ―豪尔几小时前,刚下飞机。 |
[33:59] | That is the best way to fly. What are you doing in this restaurant right now? | ―坐飞机是最好的方式。 我是说你在这个时候来这家餐厅干什么? |
[34:04] | What? We came to get a bite to eat. Are you okay? | 你是什么意思?我们来这里随便吃点东西。――你还好吧? |
[34:09] | You’re awfully fidgety. Are you fine? | 你好像非常的不安的。 ―你在做什么? |
[34:13] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧? |
[34:15] | I’m fine. You should go to your table. it’s crowded and… | ―是的,不,我很好。我只是在想你们应该到你们的桌子那边,这里太拥挤了。 |
[34:19] | Oh, look! it’s that woman from the audition today! | ―我正准备走。 ―看!是今天来试听的那个女孩。 |
[34:23] | Hello, miss! | ―真是有趣。 ―你好,小姐。 |
[34:25] | Very funny! Aren’t you going to introduce me? | ―你不为我介绍一下吗? ―这是诺莉.福克斯,不是吗? |
[34:28] | Lori Fox, isn’t it? Of course. | ―当然是。 ―我认为是。 |
[34:30] | Yes, I think it was. | 沃尔他太坏了。不要跟我开玩笑了。 |
[34:33] | Val is such a riot. Stop kidding around. | 我只是-我只是想让你放心…… |
[34:35] | I just wanted to put your mind at ease that… | 不要只是因为我是导演很重要的一部分。我依然能够演好。 |
[34:39] | …even though I’m the director’s significant other, I can still act. | ―嘿。 |
[34:44] | Hi. | ―你好。莫特,你好吗? 我还以为你在阿斯彭。 |
[34:46] | -Mort, I thought you were in Aspen. -I wish. | ―我也想。 ―这位你知道吗?我的未婚妻埃莉。 ―嗨,你好。 |
[34:52] | Fiancée? | -嗨,我是诺莉.福克斯,很高兴见到你。 ―你好。我是诺莉.福克斯。 很高兴遇见你。―未―未―未婚妻? |
[34:55] | -Congratulations. When’s the date? -New Year’s Eve. | ―祝贺。什么时候结婚呢? |
[34:58] | Oh, my goodness! How romantic! | ―新年前夕。 上帝呀!多么浪漫呀!那太好了。 |
[35:01] | Congratulations on your new film. | ―祝贺你的新电影。 ―这位是沃尔.瓦克斯曼。 |
[35:04] | -You know Val Waxman. -Sure. | ―当然。我曾控告过他…… ―未婚妻? |
[35:06] | We sued him for failure to complete a picture. | ―因为没有完成制片。 |
[35:09] | Great. That makes me feel secure. | ―那样我就放心了。 |
[35:12] | I’ll see you tomorrow, Val. | 明天见,沃尔。 赶快!我要错过航班了。 |
[35:15] | Hurry! I’ll miss my flight. | 这个时间你不应该走。我现在在很脆弱。 |
[35:17] | This is a bad time for you to go. I’m very vulnerable. | 假如我要演这部戏,我就必须要去减肥。 |
[35:20] | I have to get into shape for the movie. The spa will give me the discipline. | 这是唯一的一个我能接受减肥训练的疗养地。 |
[35:25] | You’re not overweight. | ―但是你并不胖呀! ―上帝!我象一匹马了。 |
[35:26] | My God, I’m a horse! I have to appear in lingerie. | ―我要穿内衣演出的。 ―假如我们需要你怎么办? |
[35:30] | What if we need you? | 离拍摄时间还有10个星期。我上镜一幕是在最后。 |
[35:31] | My scene isn’t until the end of shooting. | 假如我需要你怎么办?我将会度过一段非常难过的时间。 |
[35:35] | What if I need you? | 你会好的。你会好的。你是一个大孩子了。 |
[35:37] | You’ll be fine. You’re a big boy. | 哦,我很害怕一个人睡。 |
[35:42] | I keep thinking people are breaking in or I lay awake… | 我-我-我会正晚都睡不着,不断想是否会有人闯进来。 想着死亡,黑暗和深渊。 |
[35:46] | …thinking of death and blackness and the abyss. | 哦,不要忘记帮我浇仙人掌。 |
[35:50] | Oh! Don’t forget to water my cactus. | ―记得每天打电话哦。 |
[35:53] | Well, call me every day. | ―我不能。那儿没有电话。 |
[35:55] | I can’t. They don’t have phones at the Dolby Ranch… | 他们不想泄漏秘密的减肥计划。 |
[35:58] | …to discourage secret eating schemes. | ―哦!哦!哦! 糟了! |
[36:00] | Oh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! | 糟了! |
[36:03] | I got to go! | 我必须走了! |
[36:11] | And we want to see the earrings. Profile. | 展示一下耳环,侧面。 |
[36:15] | Other profile, please. | 另一面,好,停。 |
[36:18] | And cut. | 谢谢。 |
[36:26] | Is it true your cameraman speaks only Chinese? | 你们的摄影师只会说中国话吗? |
[36:31] | Yes, Mandarin. | 是的,普通话。现在很难找到一个好的广东话摄影师。 |
[36:33] | It’s so hard to find a good Cantonese cameraman these days. The neighborhoods don’t have them anymore. | 周围也没有好的人选。 |
[36:39] | Hal Yeager’s known to be very hands on… | 豪尔.依尔格是有名的急躁脾气和难相处…… 以及经常炒人。 |
[36:42] | …very hot-tempered, quick to replace people. Does that bother you? | ―这很困扰你吗? ―不,因为协议是…… |
[36:47] | No, because they agreed to leave me alone during shooting. | 他们不会在拍摄期间打扰我。 |
[36:51] | I have complete freedom. | ―我非常的自由。 |
[36:53] | How about working so closely with your ex-wife? | ―和你的前妻一起工作感觉怎么样? |
[36:56] | It’s not so close. She’ll just be up and back. | 很好,不是很亲密。她只是在前前后后工作。不会很接近。 |
[37:02] | …especially now that she’s going to marry Hal Yeager… | 这里一定有什么辛酸吧。 特别是现在,她要嫁给豪尔.依尔格。她离你而去的那个男人…… |
[37:06] | …the man she left you for, who’s now your boss? | 你是给谁工作? 你是谁? |
[37:10] | Who are you? | 哦,安德鲁.福特。我将要写一个故事…… |
[37:11] | Andrea Ford. I’m doing a story on the making of the movie for Esquire. | 为了依斯奎尔制作的一部电影。 |
[37:16] | Really? | ―哦,真的吗? ―是的,他们没有告诉你吗? |
[37:18] | Didn’t they tell you? I’ll be observing the whole time. | 我将一直在观察。 |
[37:22] | Because I don’t usually like when journalists… | 你知道,我不是很喜欢,有记者在剧组周围。 |
[37:26] | …hang around the set when I work. | -在我工作的时候,进行观察。 ―在记者招待会上再说这些吧。 |
[37:28] | Then talk to the press department. But I won’t get in your way. | 但是不要担心。我不会妨碍你工作的。 我保证。我是一个狂热的影迷。 |
[37:33] | I am a huge fan. | ―是吗? ―哦,狂热。 |
[37:37] | Oh, huge. I have loved all of your movies. | 我曾喜欢过你所有的电影。 |
[37:48] | Yes. You know, I’ve always thought of you… | 哦,你知道―-你要留在这周围创作你的故事吗? |
[37:51] | …as a kind of unique American artist, really. | 是的。因为,事实上。我总是认为你是以为唯一的美国艺术家。 |
[37:55] | Well, I’m sure you won’t be in the way. | 哦。很好。我确信你不会阻碍。 你知道,这里有很多房间,你可以去那里――- |
[37:58] | There’s plenty of room, and… | 沃尔。嘿!糟了!很对不起。我能和他谈一分钟吗? |
[38:01] | Val, I’m so sorry… can I steal him for a minute? | -我真的有事―-―有一些东西我们需要处理一下。 |
[38:07] | I’ll get him right back. I’m so sorry. | 我会把他带回来给你的。我很抱歉,等一等。 |
[38:11] | You be careful. She’s a killer. | ―你需要小心一点。她是一个”害人精”。 ―她是”害人精”? |
[38:13] | She’s a killer? | 我认为让她在这里不是一个好主意。 |
[38:15] | I didn’t want her around, but the press department… | 在记者招待会上,他们告诉豪尔他们有了依斯奎尔的内幕,所以―-―她怎么会使一个”害人精”了?她爱我。 |
[38:18] | …told Hal we’d get the cover of Esquire, so she’s here. | ―好,那就好。 |
[38:21] | How is she a killer? She loves me. Well, that’s fine if she likes you. Otherwise, she can be biting. | 我意思是,要么她喜欢你。否则,她可能会有你好看的。 |
[38:28] | I hear she’s all sugar and sweetness to get in your good graces… | ―真的吗? ―我听说她很甜言蜜语…… 她一旦得到你的好感,然后给你一击! |
[38:33] | …then wham! She told Sean Madigan how she loved all his films… | 她不断的告诉Sean Madigan她是多么的喜欢他的电影,她是他忠实的影迷。 他是一个伟大的,独特的美国艺术家 ―真的吗? |
[38:42] | …and then in the profile she did, she disemboweled him. | ―然后她在简介中,揭露了他的一切。 |
[38:46] | Well, if you happen to fall for that kind of flattery …. | 你知道,假如你碰巧遇到这种奉承―-―我能够应付。 |
[38:51] | -I can handle it. -You couldn’t handle Shirley Temple. | ―你连Shirley Temple也应付不了。 |
[38:54] | Hey, give me a break, will you? | 让我休息一下,好吗? 我简直不能想象。 |
[38:57] | I can’t figure it out. it’s okay to have an affair with Hal Yeager. | 你和豪尔.依尔格的风流韵事,但是…… 你知道,在他们的生活,每一个人都有权利有一段风流韵事,但是…… |
[39:02] | Everyone’s entitled to one psychotic episode, but to marry the guy is crazy. | -嫁给一个人却是―--老实说,假如我是你,我就不会说这些。 |
[39:07] | -I wouldn’t talk, if I were you. -What does that mean? | ―你是什么意思? |
[39:15] | You know I don’t like to sleep alone. I’m not going to marry her. | ―我不知道。 |
[39:20] | And that wind-up doll happens to have a Ph.D. | 你和那个宝贝儿一起生活多久了? |
[39:24] | In what? History of gym? | 你知道我不喜欢一个人睡。但是,我不会娶她。 那个宝贝儿还是一个博士。 |
[39:26] | Will you give me a break with the cutting remarks? | 学什么的?体操历史吗? 嘿,你能让我休息一下吗? |
[39:31] | I have a picture to do Tuesday. I’m thinking about my work. | 星期二,我还有镜头要拍摄。我要考虑我的工作。 |
[39:35] | Okay. Now get some rest this weekend. | 我想你这个周末能够休息一下,好吗? |
[39:38] | Don’t lie around worrying about what could go wrong. | 不要老是在这周围,担心什么事都要出错。 |
[39:42] | Don’t worry. I won’t lie around. | 我不担心。我不会的 |
[39:44] | I got my hand on the wheel, honey. This picture’s in the bank. | 我必须赶紧处理。这部戏还在制作中。 阿曼达,是谁打来的电话? |
[40:02] | Amanda, who is it? | ―我不知道,艾尔叔叔,是找你的。 |
[40:04] | I don’t know. Uncle AI, it’s for you. | |
[40:07] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry, I’m sorry. | ―抱歉。 ―是男的还是女的? ―你好? |
[40:14] | You have to get over here right away. | -艾尔,你能马上过来一下吗? 为什么?出了什么事吗?我在我姐姐家过逾越节家宴。 |
[40:17] | Why? I’m at my sister’s for a Seder. | 艾尔,你必须来一下。这是生死攸关的事。 |
[40:19] | You have to get over here. it’s a matter of life and death! | ―门没锁,请进! |
[40:43] | It’s open! Come in! | ―发生了什么事? |
[40:46] | What is it? What’s going on? Why am I here? | 到底发生了什么事?为什么要我过来? |
[40:49] | AI, I’m going to try to explain this to you. | 艾尔,我真要向你解释。 |
[40:53] | I came home and started to make notes on the script. | 我回到家,然后开始做剧本记录,你知道…… |
[40:57] | We shoot Tuesday and I wanted to, you know. | 因为我星期二要拍片,我想,我开始有点紧张了。 |
[41:00] | And then I started to get nervous, so I sat down on the sofa… | 于是,我坐在沙发上,做深呼吸运动…… |
[41:05] | …and I was doing my deep breathing exercises, to stay calm. | 只是想放松一下,你知道? |
[41:10] | And it was working, and I started to relax… | 这起了作用,于是我开始休息,我睡了过去。 |
[41:15] | …and I dozed off. And I slept for a while… | 睡了一会儿,当我醒过来,艾尔…… |
[41:18] | …and then I woke up, AI, and… | 我,我就什么也看不见了 |
[41:24] | I’m blind! I’m blind, AI! | ―什么? |
[41:29] | I’m blind, I’m blind! I can’t see! | ―我瞎了,我瞎了,艾尔 什么? |
[41:32] | What do you mean? | 我什么也看不见了。 |
[41:34] | What do you mean, what do I mean? | ―你什么意思,你什么也看不见了? ―我什么意思? |
[41:35] | Like the guys in the street with dark glasses and accordions. | 和那些在街上带这太阳镜,拿着手风琴的家伙一样! |
[41:39] | Well, are you trying? | 你在说什么?你想玩我吗? |
[41:41] | AI, you can’t try to see. | 艾尔,不能作事和看了。 你看一下周围,你看见还是没有看见。我没有看见 |
[41:44] | You look around and you see or you don’t see. I don’t see. | ―你怎么会瞎了? ―我怎么知道,为什么我会瞎? |
[41:52] | AI, I’m scared! | ―艾尔。我很害怕。 ―你是不是吃了什么东西? |
[41:54] | What did you eat? | 和我吃的东西有什么关系呢? |
[41:56] | What’s the difference what I ate? | 你―你―你不可能因为吃了一盘豆腐而失明把 |
[41:58] | You can’t lose your vision from a plate of tofu! | ―我―我从来没有听过这样的是。 ―我也没有。 |
[42:02] | I never heard of this. | ―记得导演 |
[42:04] | I did. Remember the actor Harvey Gates? | Harvey Gates吗?―记得? |
[42:07] | He lost his vision suddenly. | ―他突然的失去了他的视觉。 |
[42:10] | -From what? -Grapefruit. | ―为什么? ―柚子。 |
[42:12] | He had a tumor the size of a grapefruit on his brain. | ―柚子? 是的,他有一个柚子一样大的瘤在他的脑子里。 |
[42:16] | And he went blind? | ―他瞎了吗? ―对,他瞎了。 |
[42:17] | Yes, he went blind. And a few months later, he went dead… | 并且几个星期后就死了…… |
[42:22] | …which is worse than blind, ’cause your options decrease. | 有什么会比你瞎了而使你的没有选择更糟糕。 |
[42:26] | Relax. You don’t have a brain tumor. | 放轻松。你没有脑瘤。 不论如何,艾尔…… |
[42:28] | AI, with all due respect… | 我必须去看那些大医院的…… |
[42:30] | …let me hear that from someone who went to a better medical school… | 而不是Willian Morris代理商的。 |
[42:34] | …than William Morris. | 我们要去见见马森医生。你仍然在马森那里吗? |
[42:36] | We’ll get you to Dr. Mason. You still use him, right? | 不。马森已经死了。我在考奇医生那。 |
[42:39] | No, Mason dropped dead on the treadmill. I use Koch. | 你知道,我也在考奇那。你撞到什么东西没有? |
[42:42] | I use Koch, too. Did you bump into anything? Fall? Bonk your head? | 你摔倒过吗?你撞到你的头或者其他地方没有? |
[42:48] | I didn’t bump my head. I have a brain tumor, that’s the story here! | 我没有撞到过的我头。什么也没有。艾尔,我肯定有脑瘤,这已经有先例了。 我―我――我已经可以看见结局了。我看见了一堵墙。 |
[42:55] | I thought you couldn’t see. | ―我想你是说过你不能看见。 ―那时一种表达。 |
[42:57] | It’s an expression! I don’t actually mean I see a wall. | 我并不是说我看见了墙。是在的心里。 |
[43:01] | It’s in my mind’s eye! | 听着,我记得埃莉和我带你到医院―― |
[43:03] | I remember when Ellie and I took you to the hospital… | 你坚持要带你去医院,因为你认为…… |
[43:06] | …because you were convinced you had hoof and mouth disease. | -你有口蹄疫。 |
[43:11] | Oh, God, Ellie. If I die, AI… | ―哦,上帝,埃莉! |
[43:14] | …tell Ellie I’m sorry I said those things to her. I said terrible things. | 假如我死了,艾尔,告诉埃莉我很抱歉我对她说得一切。 我对她说了一些不该说的。 |
[43:18] | I called her all kinds of names. | ―也许因为我永远的爱她, |
[43:20] | Probably because I never stopped loving her. | ―你不会死的 |
[43:23] | You’re not dying. If I don’t die, tell her she’s a tramp! | 假如我没有死,那么告诉她,她和那个家伙在一起,她就是一个荡妇…… |
[43:27] | She’s living with a guy, the best you can say about him… | 最主要的,你要告诉她要把电话费还来 哦,考奇医生。我是艾尔。赫克。 |
[43:32] | Dr. Koch? it’s AI Hack. | 我很抱歉在节假日打搅你,但是我现在和沃尔.瓦克斯曼在一起 |
[43:34] | Sorry to call on a holiday, but I’m here with Val Waxman… | 好了,你可以退后了。 |
[43:38] | You can sit back now. | ―情况怎么样? |
[43:40] | So what’s the story? | ―你的视神经很正常。 |
[43:42] | Your optic nerve is normal. Your eyes are normal. I don’t see anything. | ―你的眼睛也很正常。没看见有什么毛病。 |
[43:51] | Any tumor large enough to affect his vision so dramatically would show up. | ―太好了。 你什么也看不见? |
[43:56] | I wish I was in as good health as he is. | 我也什么也看不见。 那就是问题了。 |
[44:02] | Physically, you’re 100% | 任何脑瘤长到足够大,以阻碍视觉的时候,都会明显地显示出来 我只是希望我能和他一样健康。 |
[44:05] | But just like someone who… | 这是一个经典的情况。医学角度说,你真的很典型 就像那些有癔病性麻痹的人一样…… |
[44:07] | …has a hysterical paralysis, a patient who… | 一个病人什么都好,就是不能走…… |
[44:16] | …from a horrible shock, or extreme, stress-related trauma… | 或作一个病人失声或失明…… |
[44:20] | …being a film director, your inner conflicts have… | 由于看见可怕的东西,或者是任何严重的精神创伤。 作为一个电影导演,你的内在冲突…… |
[44:25] | …expressed themselves in a telling fashion. You’re psychosomatically blind. | 选择用这种非常特别的方式来表现。 |
[44:31] | -How can I get rid of it? -By treatment. | 你是受心理影响的失明。 |
[44:34] | By understanding the roots of your conflict… | ―我怎样能够好起来了? ―通过治疗。 |
[44:37] | …it’s likely this blindness will go away. | 通过了解你内心冲突的根源。 |
[44:40] | How quickly? | ―你的失明肯定会好的。 ―要多久? |
[44:41] | Real growth…is always very slow. | 相当慢。 我回来了。 |
[44:48] | There goes my comeback. | 你不能把这件事告诉任何人。 |
[44:50] | You cannot breathe a word of this to anybody. | 我必须告诉他们,艾尔,我很担心,一定要告诉埃莉。 |
[44:53] | You have to tell them, AI. I just dread telling Ellie. | 你疯了吗?他们会解雇你的。 |
[44:58] | Are you nuts? They’ll fire you. | 解雇我?我显然不能导演这部戏了。 |
[45:01] | Fire me? I obviously can’t direct the picture. | 你在说什么?你怎么能说这些了? |
[45:04] | What? How can you blow this shot? | 你说什么?我瞎了。 |
[45:07] | What are you talking about? I’m blind! | ―没有人知道。 |
[45:10] | Nobody knows. | ―你到底是什么意思?你要说什么? |
[45:12] | What does that mean? What are you saying? | 假如你现在撤出这个计划,因为你的精神压力…… |
[45:15] | If you pull out of this project because psychological stress… | 使你失明,你将永远不能在将来工作。 |
[45:19] | …has made you go blind, you’ll never work again. | ―他们会毁掉你唯一的机会。 ―也许他们会延迟这个计划。 |
[45:22] | Maybe they can postpone it. | 哦,是吗?因为你失明了吗? |
[45:24] | Because you’re blind? | 沃尔,导演这部戏,我们就可以赚很多钱…… |
[45:27] | You direct this picture and bring in a hit… | 或我告诉你两个字:无家可归的人 |
[45:30] | ? …or I leave you with two words: homeless man. | ―我不能导演,我怎么能 |
[45:33] | I can’t… How can I… | ―我会告诉你怎么做的。 你会混过这段时间,直到你回复视力。 |
[45:35] | You muddle your way through until your sight returns. | 艾尔,我不能导演这部戏。我瞎了。 |
[45:39] | AI, I can’t direct the picture. I’m blind! | 你看过那些镜头吗? 他们会马上发现我的。 |
[45:43] | Have you seen some of the pictures out there? | 也许他们会,也许不会。 |
[45:49] | Maybe, maybe not. If they do, you’re no worse off than if you confess… | 假如他们发现,你最好不要承认…… |
[45:53] | …because you’re finished in the business anyway. | 因为这样无论如何,你的事业都完了 |
[45:57] | I take one step on the set, I’ll break my neck! | 你在开玩笑。我一走进剧组,我的脖子会断的。 不,不会的。我会和你一起去。 |
[46:00] | No, I’ll come with you. | 他们不会让你去的。经纪人在周围的时候,演员通常会紧张。 |
[46:03] | They won’t let you. Actors get nervous when agents hang around. | 这是违反银河影业的条规的。 |
[46:07] | Listen, once you’re on the set, you’ll relax, you won’t even need me. | 听着。一旦你到了剧组,你一定要放松,这样你甚至不需要我。 |
[46:13] | I can’t do this. I have to take someone into my confidence. | 绝对不可能这样。我会对某人露出事实的。 |
[46:17] | Absolutely not! No! Never! Not a hint. This can’t get out. | 绝对不。不,不能有一点暗示,这件事不能泄漏出去。 你可以来导演这部戏。 |
[46:21] | You will direct a hit picture. Sometimes God works in strange ways. | 有些时候老天的方式是很奇怪的。 |
[46:28] | Like Job. | 就象工作。 |
[46:49] | Notes on making “The City That Never Sleeps”. | 关于《不夜城》制作的笔记 |
[46:52] | First morning atmosphere is upbeat. Lots of eager anticipation. | 第一天的早上空气中充满了欢乐,充满的期望。 人们轻快的走着。 |
[46:57] | People moving lights. | 男女演员们都把化妆完毕,准备好 |
[46:59] | Actors and actresses already in costume and makeup. | 沃尔.瓦克斯曼不是在第一个来剧组的。 |
[47:03] | Val Waxman is not the first one on the set. | 事实上,迟到了几分钟。 |
[47:06] | Actually, a few minutes late. | ―这绝对不会有用的。 |
[47:10] | This won’t work. | ―这会有用。站直了。 |
[47:11] | No, it’s working perfect. I’ll guide you. | ―我会撞到什么东西了吗? -没。没有。 |
[47:14] | -Am I going to bump into anything? -No, I’ll guide you. | 我会指示你的。你不是要相信我,而是你必须相信我 |
[47:18] | But I must look funny. | ―我看起来一定很好笑。 ―我告诉你,你看起来好极了。 |
[47:19] | You look perfect, I’m telling you. Look at this. | ―我―我―我―-―看着这个。多么好。不错吧。 |
[47:23] | Good morning. Would you like anything? | 早上好。要些什么东西?咖啡? ―咖啡。要咖啡吗? ―咖啡,好的 |
[47:26] | You want some coffee? | ―不,不,不,我―-不,谢谢。 |
[47:28] | Yeah, su… No. No, thank you. I’m okay. I’m okay. | ―好的。 好了,演员都到齐了,是否开拍? |
[47:32] | The actors are here if you want to block the scene. | ―开―开―开拍? ―对,我们可以开始了。 |
[47:36] | Block the scene? | 听着。沃尔 你对这些道具的编排满意吗? |
[47:38] | Val, are you okay with the changes in the set? | ―哦,道具,不错。 |
[47:41] | Oh, the set. Yeah. it’s beautiful! | ―哦,太好了。 你觉得背景颜色怎么样?还满意吗? |
[47:45] | How about the background color? | 那时蓝色,和褐黄色,但是不是颜色有点暗了? 对不起,你是? |
[47:47] | It’s blue and, uh, brown and yellow. ls it a little dark? | 我是艾尔.黑克 。我是他的经纪人。 |
[47:55] | AI, can I speak to you a second? | 艾尔。我可以和你谈谈吗? ―可以。我很快就回来,不要担心,我很快就回来。―艾尔? |
[47:59] | I’ll be right back. Don’t worry. | ―是,是的? ―不行,你在这不受欢迎的,你知道我爱你。 |
[48:03] | Not that you’re not welcome…you know I love you…but this is a closed set. | ―是的。 ―但是你知道,这是一个封闭的剧组。 |
[48:08] | He really needs me. He likes me to be with him. | 哦,但是他真的需要我。他喜欢我在他身边 我知道,但是现在你的身份――经纪人―- |
[48:12] | I know, but a man of your stature, an agent… | 我是他最亲近的人。 哦―- |
[48:15] | …it intimidates people. | ―你看起来很好。你没有其他事可做吗? ―那么来这边。 |
[48:18] | -You look great. You had any work done? -Just here. | 一点点?因为我―-你要找什么人? 不是我需要…… |
[48:22] | -Who do you go to? Not that I need it. -Fred. | ―费尔德 。费尔德。 |
[48:27] | Oh, he’s incredible. Can you get me a price? | ―但是我在考虑这个。 他简直难以置信。你有一个这么好的委托人,可以开个价吗? 我想可能太亮了点。 |
[48:31] | I think we may be a little too light. | 你希望我在黑暗中拍摄吗? |
[48:34] | Would you prefer I take it one shade darker? | 有一个可能。 |
[48:37] | Well, you know, that’s a possibility. | 你在想什么?你想干什么? |
[48:40] | What do you think? What would you do? | 我真的不知道。也许我可能配合一下室内装饰。 |
[48:44] | I don’t know. I could make it all match the upholstery. | 有一个新的想法。 |
[48:48] | Yes, that’s brilliant! That’s what I would do. | 不错。那正是我想做的。我会把配合室内装饰的。 |
[48:52] | Chief, what alarm clock do you want to go with? | 对不起,头,你想要哪些闹钟? |
[48:57] | That, that one. | ―嗯,这个,这个,这个,―哪一个? |
[48:59] | -Which one? -That one. Yes. | ―对不起,这个 |
[49:01] | I’m sorry, which? | -对,对,对。 |
[49:03] | Yes. That one. Yes. Yes. | ―你喜欢机械钟还是电子钟? ―就,机械钟,机械钟。 |
[49:05] | -The wind-up or the electric? -The wind-up. I like the wind-up. | ―我喜欢机械钟。 |
[49:09] | Why is it so difficult? | ―沃尔?沃尔?对不起,先生们。 |
[49:11] | Excuse me. Can I see you for a second? Just stay with me. | 我可以和谈谈吗?不要担心 |
[49:16] | AI, this is not working. | ―对不起。―艾尔,这个不起作用 不要担心。不要担心。事情会很顺利的 |
[49:17] | Don’t worry. it’ll be fine. But this is a closed set and I have to leave. | 但是你是对的,这里是封闭剧组,因此我必须离开。 ―你-―听我说,听我说,进行“B”计划 |
[49:23] | Listen to me. Just go to Plan B. | -什么“B”计划? 我们没有“B”计划? -我们必须找其他人…… |
[49:25] | We have no Plan B. | 你相信谁,谁会帮你。 |
[49:26] | Plan B…we find somebody who you trust to help you. | ―有个人,你可以相信。 |
[49:31] | Tell someone the truth? | ―你意思是,告诉他们真相? |
[49:33] | Yes! Someone you can rely on. Someone who’s naturally around you… | 对。你可相信这个人,他会一直在你身边帮你。 有谁看起来会让人奇怪,你知道?也许是A.D?编剧女孩怎么样? |
[49:40] | What about the script girl? | 不可能。他们会遇到麻烦的。假如他们被发现…… |
[49:42] | We can’t do that. If they get caught,… | 他们就没有工作。 |
[49:44] | …they’ll never work in the business again. | 我―我要对埃莉甚至豪尔负责 你对你自己也有责任! |
[49:51] | You have a responsibility to yourself! | 你有你经纪人的原则。我不能按照你说的。 不要在这时候,用这种修饰法对我说教。 |
[49:54] | You have agent’s ethics. I can’t go by you. | 我们都很危险。 等一下。那个中国人怎么样? |
[50:01] | Wait a minute. What about the Chinese kid? | ―那个翻译怎么样? ―对呀,翻译。 |
[50:04] | -The translator? -Yes, the translator. | 他是纽约大学商学院学商业,对吧? |
[50:07] | He’s a business student at NYU. | 在电影业里,他并不担心。假如他被发现,也没有什么大不了的。 |
[50:09] | He doesn’t want to work in film. If he’s caught, it’s no big deal. | ―他在我周围就很自然―自然-―不错,瞧? |
[50:13] | -Well, he is always around me. -See? | 沃尔,我召集来演员了。 沃尔,我们都在等你。 |
[50:18] | Val, I have the actors. We’re ready. | 不要担心。我会带你过去的。放松。 |
[50:20] | Don’t worry. I’ll get you to the set. Just relax. | 我带着你。会好的 |
[50:24] | It’ll be fine. | 假如,我演的疯狂的,每个人都会注意的。 |
[50:26] | I’m acting so crazy. Everyone will notice. | 听着,你一直以疯狂而闻名。 |
[50:29] | You have a reputation for being crazy. it’ll work in your favor. | 这此正好合适你的胃口。小心,一步,一步的来。 |
[50:34] | Watch out. One step, one step. Easy. | 很好。嘿,我可以用一下瓦克斯曼的椅子吗? |
[50:37] | Very good. Can I have Mr. Waxman’s chair here? | ―导演需要他的椅子,哪里去了? ―椅子? |
[50:40] | The director needs his chair! | 非常感谢。请坐。看,你幸运的椅子。 |
[50:42] | Thank you very much. | |
[50:45] | Here, sit. Your lucky chair. isn’t that wonderful? | ―哦 ―这不是很好吗?坐下,放松。 |
[50:49] | Sit. Be relaxed. Very good. | 很好。 祝你好运。 |
[50:52] | Good luck. | ―有外人监视我,我就不能工作。 |
[50:54] | I can’t work with outside people watching. | -没有人会看你。 |
[50:57] | Nobody’s going to be watching. | ―顺便提及,你喜欢这个还是这个? |
[50:59] | Do you like this one or this one? | ―我喜欢那个。 ―这个? |
[51:02] | I like that one. | 因为这个更像…… ―对,就是那个。 |
[51:04] | This? ‘Cause this one’s more appropriate, | 他们到底怎么用?但是这个更具有戏剧性。 |
[51:07] | but this one’s more theatrical. | 很好,假如你喜欢,你也可以用这个,但是我却更喜欢那个。 |
[51:09] | You can use this one if you like, but I prefer that one. That one. | ―那个?第一个还是第二个? ―这个。 |
[51:15] | I’d like to make my entrance from the stairs. | ―我想上楼梯。 |
[51:22] | What? Who ordered? Who ordered? What’s happening? | 保持住。什么―谁命令的?谁命令的?发生了什么事? |
[51:26] | What’s happening? | ―你想我怎样亲她? |
[51:28] | How should I kiss her? | ―这里发生了什么事? ―你想我以那种方式亲她? |
[51:29] | You know, on the mouth. | ―你知道,嘴对嘴。 ―我的嘴怎么样? |
[51:33] | -What about my mouth? -No, kiss her on the mouth. | ―不,亲她的嘴。 ―他已经6年没有看过她了。 |
[51:36] | But we originally discussed some passionate way of grabbing her. | 我们起初讨论了几种热情的的方式。 哦,很好, |
[51:40] | Oh, well, use both lips. | 用你们的嘴唇。 对不起,我能和你谈谈吗? |
[51:46] | Could I talk to you for just a second? | -我? -对,就一分钟。 |
[51:49] | -Me? -Just for a minute. | -他们需要我。 -事实上, 导演―― |
[51:51] | -They need me. -Actually, the director… | -导演要我告诉你。 |
[51:54] | -The director asked me to talk to you. -Mr. Waxman? | 是的 ―.瓦克斯曼先生? 是赚取外快的时候了。 |
[51:57] | Yes. it’s a chance to earn extra salary. | 现在,你看起来是一个非常可靠的人,不是吗? |
[52:00] | You seem to be a very responsible young man. Are you? | 你应该移到左边。 |
[52:05] | You should move left. | 你让我一次做两件事,我不会做,假如我不知道你要怎么样。 |
[52:07] | You got me doing two things at once. I don’t know what you want. | -你应该移到左边。 |
[52:11] | You should cross left. | -等一下。我? 你意思是我的左边? |
[52:13] | Me? If I cross to my left, I’ll bump into him. | -假如我移到我的左边,我就会碰到他的右边。 |
[52:16] | -You needn’t demonstrate. -I’ll knock him over. | -你没有必要碰到我。 |
[52:19] | Where is the translator? He’s supposed to be on set! | -我很可能撞到他。 -翻译在那? |
[52:25] | I have a very important message for you. | ―对不起。 他可能在道具那边。 |
[52:27] | For me? | -先生,你有一条很重要的消息。 -我有一条重要消息? |
[52:29] | I’m here to help you. I know about your secret. | 我来这里帮你。我知道你的秘密。 不! |
[52:35] | Don’t! | 停! |
[52:38] | Cut! Very good. That was terrific. | 非常好。简直太好了。 |
[52:42] | Was it very good? Was it very good? | 很好,我从来没有看见这样戏剧性的冲突。 |
[52:46] | I don’t see the dramatic impact of it… | 但是看起来混乱中需要有一点提高…… |
[52:48] | …but it was improved from the random chaos you were encouraging. | -你在夸我。 |
[52:53] | Oh, thank you. You didn’t like the random chaos? | -哦,谢谢。你不喜欢混乱,不是吗? |
[52:56] | Can we go again just for safety? One more? | 我们可以再来一遍吗?为了安全起见,再来一次? 好的,先生, 我们立刻到走廊去 |
[53:02] | We’re approaching a hallway right now, so we’ll walk slowly. Nobody’s here. | 因此我们必须慢慢的走。这里没有其他人 -几乎,没有人。 – |
[53:07] | Practically nobody. Be careful. | 好。 -小心。 -我很小心了,但是这太困难了。 |
[53:10] | I’m trying to be casual, but it’s extremely difficult. | -哦,我知道。 – |
[53:14] | Sorry, boss, you okay? I thought you saw me. | 对不起。老板,你还好吗? 是,不,我很好。 这都是我的错,我原谅你。 |
[53:17] | I’m fine. It was all my fault. I forgive you. | 先生,他已经走了,他不在这里了,你在对着空气。 为什么你不提醒我? |
[53:23] | Why didn’t you warn me? | 我还以为你看见他走了,这对我还很古怪。 你以为我看见?我怎么能―- |
[53:25] | I thought you saw him. This is very weird for me. | 几年前,我还帮助了一位聋子。 你走的太快了 |
[53:28] | -Once I did aid a deaf uncle. -You’re going too fast. | 好。慢慢来。 这太古怪了。 |
[53:32] | Okay, slowly. it’s very weird. | 我几年前正帮一个聋子。 |
[53:34] | I helped out a deaf uncle a few years ago, | 但是我们没有必要象这样隐瞒。 |
[53:39] | This is great. | 哦,上帝,这太好了。 沃尔,明天早上你想和这个一起来吗?或作是大的那个? |
[53:41] | Do we use this one tomorrow or the big one? | 喔,好的。 - 这些怀表太好看了。 -谢谢。 |
[53:46] | Wow, these are beautiful pocket watches. | 我想要那个大的。 沃尔,感觉第一天怎么样? |
[53:52] | Val, how do you feel the first day went? | 第一天就像,你知道,就像是第一天。 那就想你需要发泄不满的临时的地方。 哦,假如你不忙的话,我很高兴能和你聊几句。 |
[53:58] | It’s a shakedown, where you weed out the malcontents. | -我―我―– |
[54:03] | I’d love to speak with you for a few minutes, if you’re not too busy. | 好的 你说你想想我展示那个翡翠的价格? – |
[54:08] | Sir, you said you wanted to show me that piece of jade. | 翡翠? -你知道吗? 假如你有工作要做…… |
[54:12] | Jade? | 我们以后在谈这件事。 -好,我会的,我,我―- |
[54:13] | If you’re busy, we can do this later. | -谢谢。 对不起,先生。那是所有我能想出解脱你的方法。 |
[54:21] | That’s all I could think of to extricate you. | 你知道到这里没有玉。 |
[54:24] | You realize there’s no piece of jade. | 事,我明白,这里没有玉。 |
[54:25] | Yes, I get it. There’s no jade. | 一切还好吗? |
[54:30] | Everything okay? | 但目前为止,我们的计划还没有泄漏。 |
[54:32] | So far our conspiracy has gone undetected. | 太好了。我马上带你去你的精神病医生那里。 |
[54:34] | Perfect. Val, I’ll take you to your shrink. | 听着。明天同样按计划进行,周。 |
[54:37] | Same drill tomorrow, Chou. | 不要担心。我要练习幽默对话了。 很好。好的。 |
[54:39] | I’ll practice casual banter. | 很高兴见到你。 观察沃尔.瓦克斯曼的导演。 |
[54:43] | To observe Val Waxman directing… | 人们会认为他根本不知道他在做什么。 我简直很怀疑,他是否是个那种类型的摄影天才…… |
[54:46] | …one would think he has no idea what he’s doing. | 专门制造混乱,像费里尼。 他总是心不在焉的 他从不看别人的眼睛。 |
[54:58] | He never looks anyone in the eye… | 他一定在脑子里盘算怎样处理千头万绪。 |
[55:01] | …and must be juggling a millon things in his mind. | 这就是为什么他以古怪而闻名了。 |
[55:04] | It’s easy to see why his reputation is one of an eccentric. | 当几个星期过去时,我注意到了…… |
[55:08] | I notice, too, what a great interest he has in the photography… | 他对摄影的兴趣相当大…… 因为他总是通过他的翻译与摄影师协商。 |
[55:19] | How were the dailies? | 他们怎么样? 样片怎么样? |
[55:21] | Sir, I’m not a film student, hence, a poor judge. | 你忘记了,先生。我不是电影学生。 所以,我的判断不行。 |
[55:25] | I study business and as an investment, I wouldn’t… | 我学的商业。 而且作为一个投资方,先生,我不会投― |
[55:32] | He cannot understand what you’re doing. He thinks it’s very odd. | 他说他不明白你让他做什么,先生。 |
[55:36] | How were the performances? | -他认为那样很古怪。 -那么,表演怎样? |
[55:38] | I wouldn’t know. But you heard them. Or is your hearing faculty failing, too? | 我不知道,先生。但你听听他们的,好吗? 难道你的听力也不行了吗? |
[55:43] | My hearing is fine! But are they making too many faces? | 我还能听。 但他们人太多―― |
[55:47] | What about the scenes without dialogue? | 那些无对白的场景怎样?情节如何? |
[55:50] | Well, I understand them, but I’ve read the script. | 嗯,我理解那些情节,但那是因为我读过剧本。 |
[55:53] | But I must confess…careful, steps… | 但是,先生,我必须承认-- 小心,楼梯。 |
[55:56] | …there is a strong sense of, um, incoherence. | 有一种很强的不连贯的感觉。 |
[55:59] | Incoherence? Great. That’s exactly what I’m going for. | -不连贯? 对。 -不连贯。 那正是我要的,是不连贯。 |
[56:03] | Well, how were they? | -嗯,他们怎么样? |
[56:05] | I’m happy. They were great! | -我很高兴,他们好极了。 |
[56:06] | Which take was best of the robbery scene? | 哪里是那组抢劫戏的最好部分? |
[56:09] | -The first one. -The last one. | -最后部分。 -开始部分。 |
[56:11] | The first part of the last is better than the last part of the first… | 刚开始的最后部分…… 比最后的刚开始部分好…… |
[56:16] | …but the middle take’s probably the most overall. | 但中间部分大概是全片最好的。 |
[56:19] | I smell magic here. | 太神奇了。 |
[56:21] | How’s it going? | -进行的怎么样? |
[56:23] | Okay. He confers a lot with his cameraman through the translator… | -进行的象是很好? 他花了大量的时间通过翻译与他的摄影师协商…… |
[56:26] | …which takes time, but I got my foot to the pedal. Pedal to the metal. | 那很花时间,但我会控制的。 |
[56:31] | Put him on, will you? | -要严厉控制。 -好的,要推动他,好吗? |
[56:34] | I’ll find him. | -好的,我会找他的。 -嗨,卡诺。 |
[56:36] | Carol, send some flowers to Haley Joel Osment with a card. | 给海立约.奥斯曼送一束花,附上卡片。 你就写,“庆祝你一生的成就”。 |
[56:44] | It’s Ellie. She wants to talk to you. | 是埃莉,她想跟你谈谈。 喔。 喂,喂,你好? |
[56:51] | I hear it’s going pretty well. | 嗨,我听说事情进行的很好。 |
[56:55] | Yes, as far as I can see. | 喔,是的,就我所见,是的。 |
[56:58] | Good. Listen, I want to come in next week. Maybe look at some dailies? | 嗯,那好,听着,我将在下个星期过来…… 可以看一下样片吗? |
[57:03] | I wouldn’t do that. | -不,我不允许。 |
[57:04] | I’ve stayed away for the first half of the film, Val. | -我不管片子的前期制作。 我是…… |
[57:09] | Nobody sees my dailies except me and the cameraman. That’s our deal. | 哎,除了我自己和摄影师没人能看我的样片。 |
[57:13] | You used to always ask my opinion on dailies. | -那是我们的协议。 -那好,但你总是习惯问我对样片的意见。 |
[57:17] | That was when you were a sharp New Yorker. | 那些日子已经不再了。亲爱的,那时你还是个敏锐的纽约佬。 |
[57:22] | No one with an herbalist sees my dailies. | 你知道,我不让江湖郎中看我的样片。 |
[57:25] | As filming reaches the halfway mark… | 当摄制工作进行到一半时…… |
[57:27] | …rumor has it Sharon Bates, the leading lady… | 传言说女主角萨隆.贝茨, |
[57:31] | …has developed a crush on Val Waxman. | 与沃尔.瓦克斯曼往从过密。 |
[57:34] | He seems to resist… | 他好像是拒绝与所有人的个人接触…… |
[57:36] | …personal contact with anyone… …but today she insisted he visit her dressing room. | 但今天她坚持要他去她的化妆间。 |
[57:42] | Excuse me. I’ll see you later. We’ll discuss it. | 对不起。 啊,我们晚点再见面。我们会再讨论这个,好吗? |
[57:46] | Yes. Don’t go far! | -好的,但别走远了。 -好的,我就在这。 这样的,我的理解是你想同我谈一些东西。 |
[57:54] | Can I be frank? | 我能很坦白吗? |
[57:56] | Oh, yes. Of course. | 哦,是的,当然。 |
[57:59] | I’m having areal problem working with you. | 与你共事对我真是一个难题。 |
[58:03] | Working with me? Why? | 与我共事是个难题?为什么? |
[58:06] | I feel that something unspoken has, uh… | 嗯,哦,我觉得…… 没说出来的东西,嗯…… |
[58:10] | …developed between us. | 出现在我们之间。 我们之间有什么?就象……象什么? |
[58:16] | It might be my imagination, but the way you look at me is like… | 恩,这可能是我的想象。但…… |
[58:22] | …you’re making love to me with your eyes. | 你看我的方式,像是你在用眼睛和我做爱。 |
[58:25] | My eyes? | 我的眼睛? |
[58:27] | I’m a very direct person. | 看,我是一个很直接的人。 |
[58:29] | When I have feelings about someone, I don’t hold back. | 当我对什么人有感觉得时候,我从不保留。 |
[58:33] | You know, I thought we were going to discuss the character. | 你要知道,我以为我们将……将讨论角色。 |
[58:38] | That maybe you were having trouble getting into the role. | 我以为你在进入角色时有困难或者是其他事情。 是否是我…… 是否是我使你紧张呢? 哦…… |
[58:47] | No. I had a tough day out there. A lot of tough decisions… | 不,你要知道,我已经很艰难地过了一整天。 一大堆艰难的决定。还有,还有这…… |
[58:51] | …so I’m a little frazzled, maybe, but that’s… I’m fine. | 我,你知道,可能有一点疲倦,但我还好。 -到这来。 -只是,你要知道…… |
[58:59] | Come here. Why don’t you sit on the sofa with me? | 到这来。 你为什么不同我一块坐在沙发上? |
[59:03] | -The sofa. -Just for a minute. | -那-那个沙发? -就一会,是。 |
[59:05] | Really? | -哦,哦,真的? |
[59:08] | Oh, the sofa. The sofa. Yes, okay. | 哦,哦,沙发,沙发,是的,好。 |
[59:11] | I just really want your full attention. | 那沙发,我只是…… 我真的想引起你的全部注意。 |
[59:14] | The sofa’s fine. | 那沙发很好。 这样,这样…… |
[59:18] | Oh, I don’t need a throw pillow. I’m comfortable. | 哦,不不需要软垫,我已经很舒服了。 |
[59:23] | If I trust a director to direct me… | 如果我信任导演对我的指导…… |
[59:26] | …I trust him to make love to me. | 我信任他与我做爱。 |
[59:31] | Let me just say this. I’m a big believer in that… | 哦,好,让我直说吧。 |
[59:35] | …but not while I’m working, because I never mix business with pleasure. | 我相信这个,但,但不是在我工作时…… 因为我从不混淆娱乐和工作。 |
[59:40] | I’m a dedicated artist, and… | 因为我是,你要知道……,我是个献身艺术的人…… |
[59:42] | …like a Trappist monk, I feel the best way to do a good picture… | 就像一个苦行僧,我知道制作好电影的最好的方式…… |
[59:46] | …is to abstain until shooting is over. | 是禁欲直到摄制完成…… |
[59:49] | Uh, it’s my adoration of cinema. | 因为,你要知道,我-我-我-我,我崇拜电影。 |
[59:53] | Cinema is a jealous mistress, and… | 电影是一个爱忌妒的情妇…… |
[59:56] | …I’m, you know… that’s just the way I am. | 而且,而且,而且,所以我是--我,你要知道,我是-- |
[59:59] | But we can wait till after shooting’s over, then… | 那就是我的方式。我们可以搁置下我们的…… |
[1:00:02] | What are you doing? | -我们可以等到摄制结束…… -你在干什么? |
[1:00:04] | Me? Oh, when I feel emotionally moved in some way… | -我?哦,哦,哦。 当我--当我-- 当我被一些东西激动的时候…… |
[1:00:09] | …some people smoke, I fondle walls. | 例如有人抽烟……我会靠着墙。 -我完全理解。 -那只是一种不自觉得…… |
[1:00:15] | Oh, I’m not upset. This happens on the set. | -我抱歉,我不想让你不安。 -不,我没有不安。 -就是这一回事。 -我只是……如果我演…… |
[1:00:19] | If I act with a fine director like yourself… | 如果我与象你这样的好导演共事。 |
[1:00:23] | …I’d do anything for him sexually. | 我可以为他做任何关于性方面的事。 哦,好,你应该在D.G.A杂志上作一个关于这个的全页广告 |
[1:00:31] | …because you’ll never stop working. | 因为你一定行的通。 |
[1:00:33] | Is it possible to open the door for me… | 啊,你能为我开门吗? |
[1:00:37] | …because all the heavy breathing has steamed my glasses. Am I close? | 我眼镜上蒙上了呼吸的雾气,我,我…… |
[1:00:42] | Yes! So we’ll talk again. Thank you. | 我们还会这样谈话的。谢谢你。 |
[1:00:45] | AI? AI? | 艾尔?艾尔? 这次不同。 |
[1:01:03] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[1:01:05] | This time it’s my father. | 这次是我父亲。 |
[1:01:07] | Johnny! Your father! You can’t kill your father! | 约翰尼!你父亲! |
[1:01:12] | They want him dead! | -你不能杀你老爸! -他们希望他死!我还能干什么? |
[1:01:13] | But he’s your father! | -但他是你父亲啊! -我只是在干我的活! -啊! -你要把握住你自己。 |
[1:01:19] | Great! That’s exactly where it should be. | -处理他就像其他人一样。 -好极了,好极了。 就是应该这个样子。 不。你要把摄影机放在那。它方向错了。 |
[1:01:25] | It’ll seem like she’s looking at the wall, not her lover. | 观众会以为她在看着墙,而不是她的情人。 |
[1:01:29] | I know screen geography! | 我懂画面构图。 |
[1:01:32] | Chan, am I right? Should it be there? | -陈,我对吗?那才是应该的地方? |
[1:01:39] | He never understands what the hell you’re doing. | 他从不明白你到底要干什么,先生。 |
[1:01:42] | Believe me, I know! Leave the camera where it is! | 哦,相信我,我知道。但把摄影机放在原处。 他是个天才。 是的。 |
[1:01:50] | His style. The way he shoots. it’s so… | 他有风格。 他的摄影方式,简直…… |
[1:01:54] | …unconventional. | 不同寻常。 |
[1:01:56] | Really? | 真的? |
[1:01:58] | Was he difficult to live with? | 与他生活很困难吗? |
[1:02:01] | Sometimes. | 有时。 |
[1:02:03] | As the second missus, did you consider yourself a young trophy wife? | 作为第二任妻子…… 你不认为你自己是一个年轻的花瓶夫人吗? 安德鲁,我不想闲谈这个。 哦,不是,我只是好奇你们怎么相遇的。 |
[1:02:14] | At the Golden Globes. | -在金球奖上。 -哦。 |
[1:02:16] | I thought it was interesting that when he won he thanked his… | 我在那正有一个约会,我认为很有意思的是…… 他得奖的时候却感谢他的泌尿科医师。 |
[1:02:23] | Next time, warn me before I fall. | 下次,在我掉下去时提醒我。 |
[1:02:25] | I tried, but the journalist was there… | 我曾想告诉你,但周围有新闻记者…… |
[1:02:27] | Are you okay? | 嘿,你还好吗?严重吧。 |
[1:02:29] | It’s nothing. Just a fractured skull. | 没什么,只是有一个骨头有了裂缝。 |
[1:02:32] | You want to go grab a bite? | 听我说,你想休息一下吗? |
[1:02:34] | I can’t. Al’s coming. I have an important meeting. | 我不能,艾尔给我安排了会议,我有一个很重要的工作会议。 |
[1:02:37] | But I asked you to set aside some time to discuss things. | 但我已经跟你说过我要你抽出时间…… ―这样我们可以讨论一些事情―- |
[1:02:42] | It’s not easy. I have a lot of meetings and things to do. | ―这对我并不容易―-我有一大堆会议和重要事情等着。 |
[1:02:46] | How about a drink later? | 那晚些时候去喝一杯怎样? |
[1:02:48] | I can’t. Maybe after shooting. it’s tough. | 我没办法,也许在摄制晚之后可以。 我不知道。这对我很难。 |
[1:02:52] | I’m sorry, could I just get a moment with him alone? | 你能――我很抱歉, 我能和他单独待一会吗? |
[1:02:56] | Thanks. Okay, you’ve been avoiding me since I got in. Why? | 十分感谢。 你在我进来后一直在躲避我,为什么? |
[1:03:00] | How? I let you see the dailies. | 我怎么躲着你了?我让你看样片了。 |
[1:03:03] | You made no comment whatsoever. | 你看了一些,你还没做任何评论呢,无论如何。 |
[1:03:06] | Well, I mean, I’m not a director. | 哦,你要知道,我是指,我不是导演。 我是指,我,哦…… |
[1:03:10] | I personally had difficulty making sense out of them… | 就我个人来说,我有些……困难,搞懂那些样片。 |
[1:03:14] | …but I assume once they’re cut together, you know what you want and …. | 但我假设一旦他们被剪辑在一块―-你应该知道你要做什么。 |
[1:03:19] | They’ll just be great. I like them. | 那些东西好极了。他们很好――我喜欢他们。 |
[1:03:21] | Then why are you avoiding me? | 那么你为什么躲着我呢? |
[1:03:23] | I’m not avoiding you, for God’s sakes. I’m busy. | 老天啊,我从未躲着你。 |
[1:03:27] | I have a lot on my mind. | 我――我,你要知道――我很忙。 我有,你要知道――我有一大堆想法。 |
[1:03:29] | Is it about the ring? | 是关于戒指吗? |
[1:03:31] | The ring? The ring? | 戒指?戒指? 不要装出你没看见它。 |
[1:03:35] | Don’t pretend you don’t see it. I know how you get… | ―我知道你在我和豪尔的事上的态度。 ―不,不是的。 嗨,你的戒指很漂亮。 |
[1:03:41] | I love the shape of it, and it’s probably very expensive, knowing Hal. | 我――我――我喜欢它的设计…… 并且我想它可能很贵,我知道豪尔的。 |
[1:03:46] | I’m not wearing it. | -我没戴着它。 -我知道你不会戴着―- |
[1:03:48] | I know that. What, you thought I thought you were wearing it? | -你知道,因为…… -我知道你不会戴着它…… |
[1:03:52] | I thought it might be causing your strange behavior. | 我想这就能解释你的这些奇怪的行为了。 |
[1:03:55] | My behavior’s fine! Everybody’s commenting on my behavior. | 我的举止没什么不妥,所有人都在评论我的举止。 还记得我们结婚时我们甚至没时间去弄一个戒指…… |
[1:04:04] | …and I had to go get that thing in the novelty shop? | 所以我不得不去车站商店弄一个? |
[1:04:08] | I got that ring that squirted water as a practical joke? | 我买了一个可以喷水做恶作剧的戒指。 |
[1:04:12] | Little did I know our marriage would turn out to be God’s practical joke. | 好了,我那时还不知道我们的婚姻会变成天晓得的恶作剧。 好了,你一定耿耿于怀很久了。 |
[1:04:19] | Inertia accounts for 2/3 of the marriages in America. | 嗨,惯性是维持美国三分之二的婚姻的原因。 |
[1:04:23] | Yeah, but the other third is love. | 是吗,但另外三分之一是由于爱。 |
[1:04:26] | Let’s just stick to discussing the last two weeks… | 你要知道,我想我们应该只…… |
[1:04:30] | …and post-production. | 讨论关于最后几个星期的摄制工作和后期处理。 |
[1:04:32] | I got nothing to discuss. I’m waiting for AI. He’s always late. | 我没什么可谈的。 我在等艾尔,那家伙总是迟到。 |
[1:04:36] | -Lunch! -He’s here! Al’s here. | -他总是迟到。 -午餐,午餐。 |
[1:04:39] | He’s so tense. | -他在这,艾尔在这。 -他真搞笑,他太紧张了。 |
[1:04:41] | I kid him about being late, but… | 我只是在逗他。 |
[1:04:43] | …he’s great. I love him. | -他很好,我喜欢他。 -那是什么? |
[1:04:52] | -What’s his problem? -He’s firing me. | 啊,什么―什么―他有什么问题吗? – |
[1:04:56] | Firing you? Why? | 他不干了。 -他不干了?为―为―为―为什么? |
[1:04:58] | He won’t work with me anymore. He wants somebody else. | 他说他没法再和我干下去了。他要你去找别人。 |
[1:05:01] | What’s the problem? | 我不明白,有什么问题吗? |
[1:05:03] | He thinks something’s getting lost in his translation… | 他想一定有什么东西被翻译丢了…… |
[1:05:06] | …so his work comes out irrationally. | 而且他的工作越来越没有条理。 |
[1:05:09] | Tell him I love the dailies. | 好的,告诉他我喜欢样片。 |
[1:05:11] | Sir, to be honest with you, they’re not very lucid. | 但,先生,老实说,那些样片不很明确。 |
[1:05:14] | Just tell him what I tell you to tell him! | 你只要告诉他我叫你说的。 |
[1:05:26] | He wants me off the set or he won’t work. | 他希望我出局,否则,他不干了。 |
[1:05:28] | With all due respect to Mr. Chan… | 我们很尊重陈先生,但我们要赶时间。 |
[1:05:31] | …we’re on the clock. It costs $150,000 a day to shoot. | 每天的拍摄要花掉摄制组近一万五千美圆。 |
[1:05:34] | Explain that to him, nicely. | 解释给他听,详细点。 |
[1:05:41] | I have a great idea. | 等等,我有个好注意。 |
[1:05:44] | Why don’t we fire the cameraman but keep the translator? | 为什么我们不炒掉摄影师而保留翻译? |
[1:05:47] | Hold on a second, Val. Ed’s right and that’s how it’s gonna be. | 嗨,等等,等等。 等一分钟,沃尔。 现在,安迪是对的,就应该这样做。 |
[1:05:52] | I can’t fire the translator! | -我不能炒掉翻译。 -为什么? – |
[1:06:05] | -Ching. -it’s Chou. | 因为我不能。 -喔!秦。 -是周。 |
[1:06:07] | Who’s going to replace you? | 周,听我说。我们能找谁代替你呢? |
[1:06:09] | No one knows who the new translator will be or when they’ll find one. | 你不知道新的翻译是个怎样的人…… 或者多长时间才能找到。 |
[1:06:13] | What about the caterer? | 另一方面。我想――赞助商会怎样? 啊,不,他没道理会时刻盯着这事。 |
[1:06:19] | And you wanted someone who wouldn’t be ruined when they’re caught. | 你说过不会有人…… 被揪住而丢掉工作。 |
[1:06:22] | If! I said if! | -如果,我是说,“如果”。 |
[1:06:24] | There is no one. I was quite perfect for the assignment. | -实际上是有。 我很适合这个任务。 |
[1:06:27] | Ellie is going to be around till the end of… | 埃莉会一直待到结束―― |
[1:06:31] | And she does suspect something. I… | 她确实在怀疑一些事,我想―― |
[1:06:35] | Wait a minute! | 等一下。 |
[1:06:44] | I just need you for a private minute. | 我想私下里和你谈谈。 艾尔,听我说,如果是关于这个摄制组…… |
[1:06:51] | …even if Galaxie made an exception… | 你晓得,假如银河影业反对…… |
[1:06:54] | …these actors are not going to allow it. | 这两个演员。他们不会允许,所以―-不,喔―-到这来。坐下,坐下。 |
[1:07:01] | -Why? -I need your help. | -为什么? -好的,我需要你的帮助。 |
[1:07:03] | Okay. What can I do for you? | 可以,没问题。我能为你做什么? |
[1:07:07] | This is the end of the line for Val if he doesn’t have a hit. | 好的,你要知道如果沃尔在这件事上不成功,那就是他事业的终结。 |
[1:07:11] | He will. He could do this material with his eyes closed. | 他会的,如果他完成这个剧本他就能瞑目了。 |
[1:07:15] | Right. But if for any reason he strikes out here… | 是啊,对的。 但如果由于什么原因他被踢出去…… |
[1:07:20] | …his last hopes for a career are over! | 他的最后的职业希望,就完了。 |
[1:07:23] | AI, let me put your mind at ease. | 听我说,艾尔。我希望你能轻松一下想法。 |
[1:07:26] | While the dailies are not what I expected… | -是的。 -当我看过样片…… |
[1:07:29] | …I’m sure he has a vision. Don’t worry about it. | 与我想的不同。我肯定他有想法。 -别担心这个。 -哎。 |
[1:07:33] | Look, if a problem came up… | 看,如果――如果――如果,呃―-如果有个问题出现…… 一个关于他需要一点小支持的小问题…… 一个最后几星期的幕后支持的小问题…… |
[1:07:42] | …for the last few weeks, you’d, you’d …. | -确实,是啊。 -你最好――你最好――你最好―-好的。 |
[1:07:47] | I’m starting to get that Val Waxman chill. | 我要讲到沃尔.瓦克斯曼的难题了。 |
[1:07:50] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[1:07:53] | Can I level with you? | -我能和你说实话吗? -好的。 |
[1:07:55] | No, I mean, really level. Pull no punches. | 不,我指――,我指,真的实话。 我指,没有任何打击的意思。 |
[1:08:00] | What is it, AI? | -说什么?艾尔? |
[1:08:02] | It’s nothing that can’t be dealt with. He’s just…he’s blind. | -好的,没有什么东西不能处理的。 他只是,哦――只是失明了。 |
[1:08:08] | You want to be serious? Because we’re already behind schedule. | 你不会是认真的吧? 我们已经耽误了计划,这些真是疯了。 |
[1:08:12] | The cameraman threw his little fit and things are going crazy …. | 摄影师发了点小火而我有些没有幽默感…… -因为事情现在变的有点疯狂。 |
[1:08:17] | He’s blind. He can’t see at all. | -他失明了。 他不能――他根本不能看了。 |
[1:08:21] | But don’t panic. it’s not a tumor, or… | 但别慌张。 这是――这是――这是――这是――这是―-这不是个肿瘤。 |
[1:08:24] | …a disease of the optic nerve. it’s not permanent. it’s…it’s…. | 这不是视觉神经上的病。 这只是暂时的。 这是――这是――这是―― |
[1:08:29] | What is it? | -这是什么? -是心理紊乱。 |
[1:08:30] | It’s a psychological disorder. it’s psychosomatic. That happens. | -是心理影响,有时会发生。 -啊,天啊。 |
[1:08:36] | This is not happening. it’s not happening. | -有人会由于外伤麻痹或者不能说话。 -这不是一回事。 |
[1:08:39] | He’s on the set now faking it,… | 现在他在摄制组最后润色…… |
[1:08:41] | But someone has to help him get through the rest of the picture. | 但他需要别人帮助他搞好影片剩下的部分。 |
[1:08:45] | The rest of the picture? What… How long has this been going on? | -影片剩下的部分? -是的。 这事发生多久了? |
[1:08:50] | Since day one. | -一天前。 -喔! |
[1:08:51] | The Chinese translator… | 你认识那个中国话翻译? |
[1:08:54] | …was his secret agent till now, but now he’s gone. | 他直到刚才还是个秘密看护。 |
[1:08:57] | We need someone who can stay close to him and not look suspicious. | 但现在他走了。我们需要一个他能信任的人…… 能够接近他而又不引起怀疑。 |
[1:09:02] | Are you telling me he has directed everything up to this point blind?! | 等一下。你在告诉我他在导演一切…… -而他失明了? -嘘嘘。 |
[1:09:08] | No one knows. He didn’t want his career destroyed… | 没人有个主意。 他不希望永远毁掉他的职业生涯…… |
[1:09:12] | …by another disaster story about his work problems. No one knows… | 被另一个他工作问题的灾难性故事。 |
[1:09:16] | …and that’s because of the translator and me. | 因为翻译,因为我,没人知道这个。 |
[1:09:19] | No one must find out. I’m serious, AI. | 好的。不能有人发现。 我指,我是严肃的,艾尔,没有人可以。 |
[1:09:23] | Nobody. Not anybody on the crew… | 工作人员中没人…… |
[1:09:27] | …not the drivers, the actors, not anyone from Galaxie. | -没有司机,没有演员。 -没有。 不是任何来自银河影业的人。 是的。我知道你已经弄清楚这个问题了。 啊,天啊,该死的6月19号。 |
[1:09:38] | -Is that the day you married Val? -it’s the day he was born! | 好的,是那一天你嫁个沃尔的? 不是,是他出生的那一天。 |
[1:09:42] | Now don’t get upset, please. | 别沮丧,别沮丧,求你了。 |
[1:09:44] | No wonder he’s been avoiding me and acting so strange. | 难怪他一直躲着我,表现奇怪。 |
[1:09:49] | He didn’t want anybody to know. | 他不希望有任何人知道。 |
[1:09:51] | That self-destructive …. | 自我毁灭…… |
[1:09:54] | Psychosomatically blind! That hypochondriacal neurotic. | 心理失明。 -忧郁综合症。 -你――你―― |
[1:09:57] | And I say that with all due respect! | 我说那才是全部原因。 |
[1:09:59] | You campaigned for him to get this job. | 你为他奋战才使他获得这份工作。 |
[1:10:03] | – No one must know. | |
[1:10:05] | Yes, and what you have to do… | 不能有人知道。 – |
[1:10:07] | …is be his eyes for these last couple of weeks. | 我知道。 |
[1:10:12] | You’ve mellowed. No more impossible neurotic symptoms! | 你必须在最后的几个星期做他的眼睛,那是你必须做的。 “成熟吧,你已经长大了,不再有忧郁症了” |
[1:10:16] | I should have had my head examined! | 你知道吗?我真应该检查一下我的脑袋。 |
[1:10:19] | I thought I had a brain tumor! Be sympathetic! | 埃莉,我想我才有脑瘤。 |
[1:10:22] | You couldn’t get a tumor if you tried. You’re not mature enough. | 看在老天的分上,有点同情吧。 你不可能得肿瘤的。你还没足够成熟。 |
[1:10:26] | What can I do? If the picture fails, I go down the drain! | 你希望我怎样做?如果电影失败了,我的脑子也完了。 |
[1:10:29] | -If Hal finds out… -He won’t. it’s the home stretch. | -如果豪尔发现―–豪尔不会发现的―― |
[1:10:33] | What is making you blind? When will it stop? | 好,到底是什么东西使你失明的? 我指的是,什么时候它会停止? |
[1:10:37] | Did you talk to your analyst? What did he say? | 你去和你的心理医生谈过了吗?你的医生怎么说的?坐。 |
[1:10:40] | He doesn’t have a clue. He just doesn’t know. | -他没找到原因。 -没有。躺下。 他就是不知道。 |
[1:10:44] | That’s just great. What are you going to do? | 好的,好极了。就是这样―- |
[1:10:48] | Edit it blind, too? Put in the music blind? | 你准备干什么?你要在失明时编写剧本吗? |
[1:10:52] | Go to the premier blind? At least you won’t be able to read the reviews. | 失明着放音乐?失明着去首影? 最少你不能读评论了。 |
[1:10:56] | What if it doesn’t leave me? What if I stay blind? | 埃莉,如果我好不了了?如果我一直失明呢? |
[1:11:00] | I don’t know. I’ll be in California at my swimming pool. | 我不知道,我会在我在加州的游泳池里。 |
[1:11:04] | You’ll probably have to learn Braille, get a dog, work the subway. | 你可能不得不去学盲文…… 弄一条狗,在地铁讨钱。 |
[1:11:08] | -Aren’t you going to put me to bed? -Put you to bed? | -你能扶我上床吗? -扶你上床? |
[1:11:12] | I can’t do it by myself! AI always puts me to bed! | 我自己不行。 艾尔总是扶我上床。 |
[1:11:16] | Oh, God. Val, is this project headed for disaster? | 喔,天啊,沃尔,是不是这件工作一开始就是个灾难? |
[1:11:21] | Relax. I can handle it. | 放心,我能处理。 |
[1:11:23] | Beethoven did his symphonies while he was deaf. | 看在老天的份上,贝多芬还在他聋的时候完成了他的交响乐。 你把你比做贝多芬? 嗨,你看,我们能不讨论音乐吗? |
[1:11:33] | How could you do this and not think about anybody else? | 我就不明白你怎么做这个…… 而不去考虑别人。 |
[1:11:36] | I mean, this is my movie, you know? | 事实上,这是我的电影,毕竟。 |
[1:11:40] | Everybody’s giving their life’s blood. | 而且每个人都倾注了心血。 |
[1:11:42] | Give me a break. Everyone’s getting paid top dollar. | 喔,停一下。看在老天的份上,每个人可都拿了最高的薪水。 |
[1:11:46] | You’re marrying a billionaire. Only I go in the toilet if things fail. | 你就要嫁给一个百万富翁了。 我是唯一在这事失败后会在厕所哭泣的人。 好笑。我想像不到豪尔知道这事时的样子。 |
[1:11:53] | Hal won’t know, unless you tell him during pillow talk. | 如果你不告诉他豪尔不会知道。 |
[1:11:57] | You two probably don’t have pillow talk. | 你知道,枕边情话或别的什么。 |
[1:12:00] | He probably has sex with you while he’s on the phone. | 你们可能就没有什么枕边情话。 他可能会打手机时和你做爱。 |
[1:12:03] | You’re fine. I’ll see you tomorrow. | 好了,你知道什么?你好着呢,我会明天来看你。 |
[1:12:05] | Don’t go! You have to put me to bed. AI always tucks me in. | 嗨,埃莉,别走,埃莉,看在老天的份上,你还要扶我上床呢。 你知道,艾尔总是把我塞到床上。 |
[1:12:11] | He’s your agent. There’s no limit to what they do. | 哦。他是你的看护,他们做什么都行。 |
[1:12:14] | Ellie, come on. | -[叹息声] -埃莉。过来吧。 |
[1:12:28] | You used to be very maternal toward me. | 对于我你总是充满母性的。 |
[1:12:30] | You were infantile. You needed it. | 你还是一个小孩。 你需要那样。 |
[1:12:33] | Except in bed. Then you were a hot number. | 除了在床上。 那时你就是一个辣妹了。 |
[1:12:36] | I was a small-town girl and you were on the cutting edge of everything. | 我是一个土里土气的女孩可你对什么都是很新潮。 |
[1:12:40] | How’d I go from the cutting edge to the buttering edge? | 那我怎么样从新潮变成老土呢? 我怎样才能结束这一团糟的状况? |
[1:12:46] | This is not the first time we’ve been in trouble. | 嗨。这可不是我们第一次遇到麻烦。 |
[1:12:49] | We’ve been in some pretty sticky situations. | 我们遇过很多相当棘手的情况。 -不--不。那和这不一样。 |
[1:12:57] | You know, it wasn’t all …. We’ve had our share of… | -一样的,我能回忆起那些。 我们--那里-- |
[1:13:00] | …”situations, no question about it. | 你知道。不是所有-- 我们一同面对--分担困境…… 没有争吵怀疑。 |
[1:13:04] | Like losing our car in a crap game? | 记得在玩双骰儿[赌博名称]时丢了汽车吗? |
[1:13:06] | Absolutely. That was a disaster. | 就是那个。 那是一场灾难。 |
[1:13:09] | I told you then…never trust a male with a fixed nose… | 那时我就告诉你,不要相信一个补过鼻子的人。 |
[1:13:12] | …but you didn’t listen. It was humiliating for us. | 但你没听我的。 你知道。那简直是对我们的侮辱。 |
[1:13:16] | Do you remember… | 你还记得在巴黎熬夜听爵士乐吗…… |
[1:13:18] | …staying up all night in Paris listening to jazz and ending up in jail? | 最后无缘无故的进了监牢? |
[1:13:22] | To this day, I can’t figure out how you got us in jail. | 嗨。到现在我也不明白你怎么把我们送进监牢的。 |
[1:13:26] | Me? As I recall, it was your shoplifting. | -我怎么会-- -那是我一生中唯一的一次。 我想起来了。 |
[1:13:29] | Because you wanted chocolate croissants and I left my wallet at the hotel. | 都是因为你入店行窃。 因为是你非要吃巧克力面包…… 而且我又把钱包丢在了旅馆。 |
[1:13:34] | You were so demanding all the time. | 你知道。 你始终有过分要求。 |
[1:13:37] | No, it was your command of the language. Never use the familiar with a policeman. | 不。都是因为你不会说话。 永远别同警察亲近。 好笑的是因为我那未竟的人生梦想…… |
[1:13:46] | …was that you and I would live in Paris together. | 那是你我一起住在巴黎的原因。 |
[1:13:51] | I was willing. You were the one who always lost your nerve. | 你知道,我很愿意…… 你总是不知所措。 |
[1:13:58] | It’s funny…it seems like so long ago now. | [叹息声] 真好笑。尽管。现在看来那是很久以前的事了。 |
[1:14:02] | It’s amazing how things change, isn’t it? | 令人奇怪的是事情的变化。对吗? |
[1:14:06] | Yep, they do. And those days are over. | 对。就是这样。 那些日子结束了。 |
[1:14:11] | Your agent will come in the morning to take you to the bathroom. | 明天我会来看你。 你的看护早上就到了…… 他会带你去浴室。 |
[1:14:21] | The movie is in its last two weeks. | 影片还剩最后两星期。 |
[1:14:23] | Val Waxman’s ex-wife, who was very hands off when shooting began… | 沃尔.瓦克斯曼的前妻, 刚刚开拍的时候她没有插手…… |
[1:14:28] | …is now very much involved. | 现在她却是很投入。 |
[1:14:31] | I notice that Val relies a lot on her. | 我注意到了沃尔全都依靠她。 |
[1:14:35] | They are in constant conference. | 他们一直不停交谈。 |
[1:14:37] | They lunch together every day and, I suppose, discuss the work. | 他们每天一起吃午饭,我假设是在讨论工作。 |
[1:14:42] | She is the only one besides the cameraman and new translator… | 她是唯一除了摄影师和新来的翻译外…… |
[1:14:47] | …who Val allows to see the dailies. | 沃尔允许看样片的人。 [讲中文] |
[1:14:55] | -How were they? -Really great. Really great. | - 拍的怎么样了? - 真的很好。 真的很好。 |
[1:14:59] | Great. Great. | 好极了。好极了。 |
[1:15:03] | Everything’s going fine. The dailies are really great… | [埃莉] 不,每件事情都正常。 样,呃--样片真的很棒…… |
[1:15:08] | …and we’re pretty much on schedule. | 还有。呃。我们看起来日程相当紧。你知道吗? |
[1:15:11] | I had my doubts, but you proved me wrong. Maybe he is a new man. | 好吧。我必须说。 我有疑虑。除非你证明我是错的。 - 可能他真的变了。 - 好极了。真的。就这样。 |
[1:15:18] | I’m coming in for the last few days. I have business. | 还有。我最近要过几天才会过来。 我有很多事儿。 呃--呃--嗯-- |
[1:15:23] | There’s the wrap party and I’m being honored at a dinner… | 我要开个化妆舞会。 我不得不在一个晚宴上被授勋…… |
[1:15:27] | …and Val and I should have a private talk about… | 可能沃尔会和我私下谈谈发行,编辑的事…… |
[1:15:31] | …post-production and editing. | 然后一起照相…… |
[1:15:33] | Have our picture taken to dispel the rumors we didn’t get along. | 这就打破我们不和的谣言。 |
[1:15:36] | Yeah, that’s right. All right. | 对。就那样。 好。就那样。 当心点。 等不及了想见你。 |
[1:15:43] | Quick union question…can a hyphenate marry a below-the-line person? | 有话快说。豪尔。 一个归化移民能够娶一个非法移民吗? |
[1:15:47] | That’s for legal. | 那是法律问题。 我要告诉你我的恶梦。 |
[1:16:01] | I dreamt last night that… | 我--我昨夜梦见豪尔…… |
[1:16:04] | …Hal found out everything. | 梦里豪尔发现了真像…… |
[1:16:07] | That he…somehow… | 他不知怎么就知道了…… |
[1:16:11] | …just knew that I was… | 我已经……失明了…… |
[1:16:13] | …blind and that I had been blind from the beginning… | 从一开始我就失明了…… |
[1:16:17] | …and that I was directing the picture blind with… | 而且我还瞎着眼导演电影…… |
[1:16:21] | …the translator’s help and with your help. | 有-有-有翻译和你的帮助。我才-才-- |
[1:16:25] | And in the dream, I spoke to my shrink… | 在梦里。 我问我的心理医生…… |
[1:16:28] | …and asked him how long it would last, and he said indefinitely. | 我问他这情况会持续多久。 他说的也不确定。 |
[1:16:32] | And, and Hal got furious with me, and… | 而且-而且豪尔对我很是光火…… |
[1:16:35] | …furious with you for helping me. | 也因为你帮我而生你的气。 并且我。你知道。我是-- |
[1:16:44] | You know, it… | 那是太可怕了。 我只能大叫 而且-而且。你知道-- |
[1:16:46] | I haven’t really had a good night’s sleep… | 天呀。那-- 我--你知道。 我真的从没睡好…… |
[1:16:50] | …I don’t know how long. The anxiety is terrible. | 因为我不知道还要多久 这种焦虑真是可怕。 好吧。 谢谢送我会来。 艾尔随时会到这里来。 |
[1:17:01] | Will you be okay? | -你确定你会没事吗? |
[1:17:03] | I’m fine. We had some close calls today. | -我很好。 我们今天有几个很急的电话。 |
[1:17:06] | I have to tell you, I’m very worried about Hal finding out. | 听着。我必须告诉你。 我很担心豪尔会发现真相。 |
[1:17:10] | -Well, I told you my nightmare. -No, you didn’t. | -我告诉你我的梦。 -不,你没有。 |
[1:17:13] | I told you before. Remember? | 对。我以前告诉过你。 记得吗? |
[1:17:15] | You didn’t. What did you dream? | 不。你没有。 你梦见了什么? |
[1:17:17] | I told you. I went into great detail. | 我告诉你的。 我原原本本的说的。 |
[1:17:20] | You didn’t tell me a thing. | 你没有。你没有告诉我什么事。 你怎么了-- 我-我- 好吧,那闻起来象是你。 |
[1:17:25] | It smelled like me. What are you talking about? | 闻起来象是我? 你在说什么呢? |
[1:17:30] | I told you my night… I told you. Didn’t I? | 我-我-我告诉你我的恶梦。 我-我告诉过你。对吧? |
[1:17:35] | No. You didn’t. Did you? | -对吗? -不,你没有。什么--你? |
[1:17:38] | I don’t know. Did I? | -不。 -我不知道。对吗? |
[1:17:39] | No. What are you talking about? | 不。你没告诉我。 你在说什么? |
[1:17:42] | Before, when I was saying my nightmare in detail. | 好吧。在我跟你细说我的恶梦之前。 - [喘息声]哦。天呀! - 我讲了我的恶梦。 不。那个记者。 安德鲁.福特…… 我们用同样的香水。 |
[1:17:52] | You didn’t…? Oh, God. | 你没有吗? 哦。老天。 |
[1:17:55] | Are you saying I told her? | -你在说什么? 我告诉她了? |
[1:17:56] | -Did you? -Did I? | -你告诉了吗? 我说了?我不知道。 |
[1:18:00] | If you told her, that’s it. We are so… That’s it. | 如果你讲了,那一定是她。 我们是那么-- |
[1:18:05] | Oh, my God. | 哦。我的天。 |
[1:18:10] | -Lori. -Ellie! | -诺莉。诺莉。 -埃莉! |
[1:18:12] | Val? it’s…it’s Lori. | 沃尔。这是--这是诺莉。 |
[1:18:16] | Hi, Val. | - 嗨。沃尔。 - 诺莉吗? |
[1:18:18] | Yes, I know it’s Lori. | 是的。哦。我知道你是诺莉。 我--你是-- 你真是不速之客。 |
[1:18:21] | You’re home unexpectedly. You’re a week early. | -什么-- 你早了一个星期。 -我待烦了。 所以我准备好拍摄我那部分。我太激动了。 |
[1:18:28] | I’m so excited! | 我太激动了。 |
[1:18:30] | Yes, but this is so completely unexpected. | 是的。可-可-可-可是 那可是完全-完全没预料到的。 |
[1:18:34] | I was too busy working out to call. God, they drive you! | 我没打电话因为我在外面太忙了。 我的天。他们怎么逼你的。 看着我。 |
[1:18:41] | Look! it’s really hard. | 我看起来还好吗? 看。看。真的很紧。 -哦! |
[1:18:43] | You can hit it. Val, help me with my bags. | -你弄一下吧。 -沃尔。帮我把包拿来。 -这个包吗? |
[1:18:46] | The bags? | 对了。它看起来漂亮吗? 对。就是那个。 不。沃尔。过来。 你不会让你的制片人给我拎包吧。 |
[1:18:54] | No, it’s fine. I forgot she existed. My God. | 不。没事的。 我都把她忘了。我的天。 |
[1:18:57] | You can’t stay here, Lori! | 你-你不能呆在这。诺莉。 |
[1:19:00] | No! You can’t stay. Because… | 不。你不能呆在这因为埃莉和我已经和好了。 |
[1:19:06] | What? | -什么? -什么? |
[1:19:07] | Yes. We, we have. | 是的。我们-我们-我们已经。 我们都考虑了一下…… |
[1:19:09] | We thought about it and felt that we had made a mistake and… | 我们觉得。呃。 我们犯了一个错误-- |
[1:19:14] | Val. | -沃尔-- -不。不。不。 |
[1:19:16] | I can’t lie to her, Ellie. You know, it’s not fair. | 我不能对她说谎。埃莉。 你知道。 那不公平。 |
[1:19:20] | She can’t stay. Three’s a crowd. | 她不能跟我们俩在一起。 三个人太多了。 |
[1:19:23] | I’m speechless. | 我无话可说。 我-我-我--对不起。 我-我--你知道。人心总是难测。 |
[1:19:32] | It’s not like the liver or spleen. | 这不像别的什么事情。 你在哪-- |
[1:19:35] | Am I still in the movie? | 我还能出演吗? |
[1:19:37] | You are. Definitely. Definitely. | -你能。一定。一定。 -一定。 我-我-我--肯定。 好。好。好。 好。很好。 |
[1:19:45] | I’m fine with personal rejection, really. Thank God I kept that other apartment. | 个人事务上的拒绝我还能应付。 我真的能处理好。 感谢上帝我还留着公寓。 |
[1:19:52] | Try to understand. | 好的。我-- 会试着去理解。 我-我-我。呃--呃-- |
[1:19:53] | No, no. it’s fine. I totally understand. I’m still in the movie, right? | 哦。不。不。不。 那很好。真的。 我完全理解。 |
[1:19:58] | -Yeah. Sure. -You’re in the movie! | -我还会在影片里演出。对吗? -是的。 你会出演的。 是的,你会出演的。 |
[1:20:02] | Here, help me with this. Take it. | -帮个忙。拿着它。 -你会在影片里出演。 |
[1:20:05] | Val, come on! My incense burner’s in there. Be careful. | -沃尔。过来。 -我的香炉在那里。当心。 |
[1:20:10] | We were in my apartment, in the bedroom together… | 我们在我的公寓…… 我们还在一起卧室…… |
[1:20:13] | …reminiscing. It was great. | 而且。你知道。 我们正在话旧呢。 |
[1:20:16] | And I wanted so much to kiss her, but I can’t see! | 太棒了。我那么想要亲吻她…… 可-可我看不见。 |
[1:20:22] | Why do you think you could have kissed her? She’s engaged. | 什么使你认为你可以吻她? 她已经订婚了。 |
[1:20:25] | This blindness, I got to get finished with it. | 瞧。我已经失明了-- 我要结束这些…… 因为,你知道,这太疯狂。 |
[1:20:29] | This is crazy, not just for my work, but… | 已不单单是因为我的工作…… 但我要过正常的生活。 跟我谈谈影片。 |
[1:20:39] | There’s nothing to tell! it’s a… | 电影没有什么可说的。 有点像是对40年代影片的翻版…… |
[1:20:45] | …a father and son who don’t get along. | 关于一个父亲和儿子,彼此相处的不好…… |
[1:20:48] | The kid grows up to be a gangster and some people hire him to kill his father. | 孩子长大成了黑帮…… 有人雇佣他去杀他的爸爸。 |
[1:20:54] | You have a son, don’t you? | 你有一个儿子,对吧? |
[1:20:56] | Yeah, from a prior marriage. | 对。前妻生的。 |
[1:20:59] | It’s interesting… | 有意思。 |
[1:21:00] | It’s very interesting… how you never bring him up. | 真的很有趣,怎么从没听你提起过。 |
[1:21:04] | We don’t speak. | -是这样。我们不讲话。 |
[1:21:06] | Why not? | -为什么不呢? 因为他有。你知道。橘色的头发…… |
[1:21:13] | …with nose rings and nipple rings and lip rings and… | 还带鼻环、乳环还有唇环…… |
[1:21:17] | …he, you know, plays drums loud and …. | 而且-而且-而且-他-他-他。 你知道。他敲的鼓声很吵人-- |
[1:21:21] | Is that any reason…? | 还有别的原因吗? |
[1:21:23] | No, but he gave a concert and ate alive rat at it… | 不止。他开了音乐会而且还在音乐会上活吞了只老鼠…… |
[1:21:27] | Still… | |
[1:21:28] | He has tattoos all over his body. | 还有他浑身刺满文身。而且-- |
[1:21:31] | Once we were discussing music… he threatened to push me down the stairs. | 当我们有次一起讨论音乐时…… 他居然威胁要把我扔到楼下去。 |
[1:21:36] | What happened? | 后来怎样? |
[1:21:37] | It worked. He pushed me down a flight of stairs. | 就那样。他把我扔到楼下了。 |
[1:21:41] | How were you as a father to him? | 那你做为他的父亲,做的怎样? |
[1:21:46] | I was fine. I was very nice to him. I loved him. | 我很好。 我对他很好。 我爱他。 |
[1:21:49] | I took him to sporting events and to the ballet and opera. | 我带他看体育比赛还看芭蕾和歌剧。 |
[1:21:54] | I encouraged his friends and, you know… | 我鼓励他的朋友而且我还,你知道。 |
[1:21:57] | …let him play music and stood behind him and… | 让他玩音乐…… 并且支持他。 |
[1:22:01] | And? | -还怎样? |
[1:22:02] | And we had a discussion and he shoved me down a flight of stairs. | -一天我们讨论的时候…… 他把我推到楼下。 |
[1:22:07] | Where’s his mother? | 他的妈妈在哪里? |
[1:22:08] | She’s married to a millionaire in Brazil. | 她嫁给了巴西的一个大款。 |
[1:22:11] | She’s a very nice lady. | 非常好的女人。 |
[1:22:15] | So when you live with the plot of this movie every day… | 那么让你每天生活在这部电影一样的环境里面…… |
[1:22:19] | …and it parallels the situation with your son, how do you feel? | 而且你和你的儿子的关系如出一辙。 |
[1:22:25] | Well, I feel angry, because …. | 你会怎么想? 那样。你知道。 |
[1:22:28] | I’m angry, you know. | 我会感到气愤…… 因为。呃。我会生气。 |
[1:22:31] | I always thought when he got older, we would be friendly… | 你知道。我总想要是他长大了…… 我们会很友好的…… |
[1:22:35] | …and he would have a family, and I’d be part of it, and …. | 并且他会有一个家庭…… 而我就会――就会成为那个家的一份子。 |
[1:22:39] | You must miss him. | -你一定想念他。 |
[1:22:41] | We never speak. | -我们从不讲话。 |
[1:22:43] | You’ve blinded yourself to the situation. | 这样啊,你已经对这种情况手足无措了。 |
[1:22:47] | Listen, can we not digress? | 嗨。听着。 我们能不岔开话题吗? |
[1:22:50] | I’m here to discuss my psychological loss of vision. | 我来这儿是讨论我的心理性失明。 |
[1:22:54] | Meanwhile, Hal Yeager’s coming in a week and I don’t want him to catch me. | 同时。豪尔.依尔格一个星期内就要来了 我可不想让他发现我这样。 |
[1:22:59] | No, he’ll be staying at this suite, as usual. | 不,不,不。 他会呆在套房里,和往常一样。 到时候。他会找你做一次一对一的交谈…… |
[1:23:06] | …so you’ll be alone with him… | 那就意味着你要和他相处半个小时。 |
[1:23:09] | …for half an hour. Straight ahead. | -就这样。一直向前。 |
[1:23:11] | What if it’s longer? | -那要是不止半小时呢? |
[1:23:13] | No, it never is. His concentration… Sorry. My bad. | 永远不会。 他的注意力只会-- |
[1:23:18] | His concentration’s only good for a half an hour. He’s a busy guy. | -对不起。 他的注意力只会集中半个小时。 |
[1:23:22] | I’ll never get down the hall. | -他是个大忙人。 -我可不想摔倒在走廊上。 |
[1:23:24] | No, AI will get you to the front door. | 别担心。 我会在门口接你。 |
[1:23:27] | I’ll meet you at the door and get you through the hall to the suite. | 艾尔将会带你去前门…… 然后我会带你通过前面来套房这里。 |
[1:23:32] | We should just start. | 我们只要-- 只要开始就行了。 |
[1:23:34] | You go straight ahead… one, two, three, four. | 好的。你一直向前走。 一,二,三,四。 |
[1:23:37] | Hal’s at the first chair to your right. | 把第一把椅子放在你的右边。 豪尔坐在那里。 |
[1:23:39] | -I’m lost. Where should I be? -You can’t be lost yet. | -我糊涂了。我该在哪? -你还不能糊涂。 你只要--停在这。 |
[1:23:43] | If Hal’s there, you should come forward two more paces… | 要是豪尔在那,你向前再走两步。 来到第一把椅子的右边。 不,办公桌在你的左边。 从第一把椅子开始,走四步。 |
[1:23:53] | Four paces to the…desk? | -然后-- -四步来到办公桌或者说左边-- |
[1:23:55] | But you should start from the first chair… | 可我想你该从第一把椅子开始。 |
[1:23:58] | I can’t find the first chair! | -第一把椅子-- -我找不到第一把椅子。 -不。等等。那--那是办公桌。 |
[1:24:01] | -Where am I now? -No, wait. That’s the desk. | -现在我在哪? -那是办公桌。那是办公桌。 -办公桌。 |
[1:24:05] | The desk? Where should I be? | -我们看看。办公桌在一,二,三,四步…… -那么我该在哪里? |
[1:24:07] | Three paces to the left of the first chair, where Hal is… | 在第一把椅子的左边。 这样。豪尔会坐第一把椅子上。 |
[1:24:11] | …so the second sofa over here would be right. | 那么我想这儿的第二个沙发会在右边。 然后你继续走。 |
[1:24:15] | I’m getting confused. Two paces left | -我被搞晕了。 -那有三――一,二,三,四,五步。 第一把椅子的左边两步…… |
[1:24:19] | …to the right of the sofa, or of the desk? | 也就是--沙发的右边或者说是办公桌的右边? |
[1:24:23] | To the left…right… of the first chair. | -左边--沙发的右边。 -办公桌的左边。 |
[1:24:26] | -So there’s a chair on this side. -Yes, the second chair. | 那么我只要记得这边的椅子。对吗? -是的,那是第二把椅子。 |
[1:24:30] | -There’s a chair here someplace. -Yes. One, two, three. | -这有一把椅子。 一,二,三。 |
[1:24:37] | Did I get the chair? | -我找到它了吗? 我找到椅子了吗? |
[1:24:39] | If I’m facing the first chair, is it 8 paces to the left of the second sofa… | 要是我面对第一把椅子站着…… -要八步走到第二个沙发或者八步-- |
[1:24:44] | …or 8 paces to…. Two paces to the desk… | -是的。 八步走到办公桌-- |
[1:24:57] | If they give you 50 years… | 要是他们判你50年。 我会等着的。 |
[1:24:59] | …I’ll be waiting. | 如果他们判你两个终身监禁…… 我也会等着的。 |
[1:25:10] | -Cut! -What did you think? | -[沃尔]停。 -你想什么呢? |
[1:25:12] | I knew you could do it. I think you were great. | 哦,我知道你能做到。 我知道你很棒。 |
[1:25:16] | You like what I did with my cigarette? | -你喜欢我对香烟的运用吗? -你的香烟? |
[1:25:18] | Your cigarette? | 很了不起。 真的了不起。 那只是我的想法。但是我想那有些-- |
[1:25:25] | Yeah, I thought so, too. The cigarette was great. | 是的。不。不。我也那么想。 -我想香烟也很棒。 |
[1:25:28] | Good! I rehearsed it all last night. | -哦。不错。 昨晚我练习了一夜。 |
[1:25:32] | -That’s great. -It shows. | -哦。那很棒。 -看得出。 |
[1:25:35] | Wow. | 喔。 那仍然让我难以相信…… 你们俩重新回到一起了。 |
[1:25:41] | You know what? We sort of like to keep that quiet. | 你知道吗? 我们喜欢悄悄地。 |
[1:25:45] | Oh, don’t be silly. | -哦。别傻了。 -那是我们的事-- |
[1:25:48] | She knows our secret. What’s with the… | 你知道。让--我们-- 她知道我们的秘密。 怎办才好-- |
[1:25:54] | You know. | 好吧。你知道。 |
[1:25:55] | We let the world know. We, we, we… | 我们-我们-我们-我们让世界都知道。 我们-我们-我们- |
[1:26:00] | We should do this again, because it’ll be a while before I get a chance to… | 你知道。我们应该再来一次…… 因为会有很长时间在我找到机会之前去-去- |
[1:26:05] | Gosh, it’s like two dogs in heat. | 喔,简直象两只热恋中的狗。 我的天。 |
[1:26:09] | -We have to go to that meeting. -No, no! | -我们要去参加会议。 -不。不。不。不。 |
[1:26:12] | I was just getting started, actually. | -那很好。让我们-- -我要--我要-- 我就要开始了。 |
[1:26:16] | That was great! | -你在哪-- -那太棒了。 |
[1:26:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢你。 |
[1:26:20] | Two paces past the clock is the… is the first sofa. | -走过时钟两步是第一个沙发。 -右边。 |
[1:26:25] | No, wait. Two paces… Three paces is the first… | 不。不。等等。两步-- 三步是第一个-- |
[1:26:28] | The bureau is past the clock. | 因为办公桌在时钟后面。 |
[1:26:30] | Two paces past the first clock is… | 走过时钟两步是-- -这儿。这儿。等。等。等。 |
[1:26:33] | Wait. Four steps. You’re going to do it. Don’t worry. | -哦。上帝。这-- 你会做到的。别担心。四步。 |
[1:26:37] | Have courage. | 勇气。鼓起勇气。 |
[1:26:41] | Let’s go. I got him. | -我们走。我扶住他了。 -我会在大厅等着。 |
[1:26:43] | I’ll wait in the lobby. | -豪尔。 -嗨。 |
[1:27:00] | Would you excuse us? I want to talk with Val man-to-man. | 埃莉。你能原谅我们吗? 我想和沃尔谈一小会儿。一对一的谈话。 |
[1:27:03] | Sure. I’ll go make a few phone calls. I’ll see you boys later. | 好的。可以。 我去打几个电话。 等会我再来看你们。 |
[1:27:09] | So, Ellie says things are going very smoothly. | 那么。埃莉说事情进行的很顺利。 我说是我听说事情进行的顺利。 |
[1:27:18] | Yes, I …. One. Two. | 是的,我-- |
[1:27:21] | Are things going smoothly? | -二,三,四。 -事情顺利吗? |
[1:27:23] | Yes! Yes! Things are fine. | 是的。是的。不。事情-- 事情还顺利。 |
[1:27:26] | Good, good. Sit down. | 很好,很好。 坐。 |
[1:27:29] | No, not there. Over here. | -不,不,不是那。坐这。 |
[1:27:31] | -Where? -Here. On the sofa. | -哪里? -这儿。 |
[1:27:34] | On the…the sofa? | 坐在--坐在-- 沙发上? |
[1:27:37] | The sofa is, is to, to, to the …. | 沙发是在--是在…… 嗯-- |
[1:27:45] | Jesus. Are you okay? | -上帝。你还好吧? -是的。嗯-- |
[1:27:47] | -You all right? -I stumbled. I came up short. | -我的上帝。你没事吧? -我被绊倒了。 - 我绊了一下。 - 那就好。 |
[1:27:51] | Today was a rough day filming. | 今天又是一个忙着拍片的日子。 |
[1:27:54] | I’ll tell you what. Let me get you a drink. You’ll be fine. | 好吧。听着。让我给拿杯喝的。好吧? 你会好的。 |
[1:27:58] | I have some terrific Irish whiskey. It was a gift. | 我在这找到了一些非常好的爱尔兰威士忌。 那真是一个好礼物…… |
[1:28:02] | I don’t want anything to drink. | -不。不。我什么都不想喝。 |
[1:28:04] | No, this will help you… | -不,让我告诉你。 |
[1:28:07] | …relax after a rough day. I insist. | 这会帮你在经过忙碌的一天后放松下来的。 我坚持请你喝。 |
[1:28:10] | -I’ll be okay. -Here you go. | -我会没事的。 -随你便吧。 |
[1:28:14] | Jesus. You really are overworked. My goodness! | 上帝。你真的是工作过度。 我的天啊。 |
[1:28:19] | So… | 那么…… |
[1:28:22] | …you’re happy with the dailies? | 你觉得样片怎么样? 嗯。很好。你知道。 |
[1:28:24] | What can I say? Everything I’ve seen so far has been great. | 我要怎么说呢? 目前为止我看的每件事情都很棒。 |
[1:28:29] | Great. And you definitely don’t want me to see them? | 好极了。你真的不想让我看吗? |
[1:28:34] | I get so embarrassed when… | 你知道。 我很尴尬当-当-当-- |
[1:28:36] | I just thought maybe you’d like an outside opinion. | 我只是想你可能会喜欢一个外界的看法。 |
[1:28:39] | Somebody with some distance can be very objective. | 有时候人在有点远的距离上的时候就会很,很客观。你知道。 |
[1:28:42] | Ellie saw the dailies and she, I think she liked them. | 埃莉看到了样片 她--我想她也喜欢。 |
[1:28:47] | Yes, I understand. You know, I see… | -至少她说她喜欢。 |
[1:28:50] | …a great deal of rough cuts…. | -是的。我明白。 |
[1:28:54] | We’re not anywhere near a rough cut. | 你知道。我看过很多粗略的剪辑。 我们从不粗略地剪辑。 |
[1:28:56] | -I don’t cut picture as I go along. -Val? | 我在拍摄中不剪片子的。 -我可不是那类导演。 |
[1:29:01] | -Val? -Yes? | -沃尔? 等拍摄结束,我才把整部片子剪辑在一起- -是吗? |
[1:29:04] | You seem distracted. | - 你看起来心烦意乱。 - 心烦意乱?不。 |
[1:29:06] | Distracted? No. I did have a difficult day today, but… | 好的。我的意思是。尽管今天是 我糟糕的一天,但我会让她愉快的结束。 好。就这样。 不。不。你是对的。 协议就是协议。 |
[1:29:13] | I promised I wouldn’t peek. I know it makes you nervous. | 你知道。我保证我不会偷看的。 我知道那让你紧张…… |
[1:29:17] | Ellie made it clear how you like to work. | 而且埃莉也让我 明白了你喜欢的制作手法。 |
[1:29:20] | People think we studio heads have no sensitivity… | 好多人认为我们电影公司的头脑缺乏敏感…… |
[1:29:23] | …but we want to make a good picture every bit as much as you do. | 可我敢向你保证 我们会为了拍了一部好片子…… 象你一样作好一点一滴。 只是我们必须要考虑到市场的现实。 |
[1:29:31] | Will you stop moving your head? it’s very distracting. | 你能不那样晃你的的头吗? 那样很令人分散注意力。 |
[1:29:35] | No…I’m sorry. | -哦。不。对-对不起。 |
[1:29:36] | Thank you. | 我只是-- -谢谢你。 |
[1:29:38] | I’m just feeling a little …. I’m okay. | 刚刚有点感觉。 你知道--我还好。 好的。只要你满意。 我满意。我是满意。 我知道你会的。 |
[1:29:46] | Good. Listen, come look at what we’ve done for the poster. | 好。听着。 我要让你看看我对海报的想法。 |
[1:29:50] | -The poster? -Yeah. Come here. | -海报? -对,到这来。 |
[1:29:53] | Come here? Me? | 当这里吗?我? 呃。是的。 |
[1:29:56] | Yes, well…I’m coming. | 那么--不。我来了。 -[破碎声] -办公桌。 |
[1:30:03] | Where are you…? Come here. You are overworked. | 到这来。 过来。过来。 听着。你工作过度了。 |
[1:30:07] | -I’m nervous. -I’m impressed. | -我太紧张了。 |
[1:30:08] | You’ve been working hard. | -我很感动。 你工作太勤奋了。 |
[1:30:15] | What are you doing? Have you developed a nervous disorder? | 你在做什么? 你曾经患过神经失调症吗? 我―― |
[1:30:20] | Yes, I have a little arthritis that sometimes kicks in. | 是的。 我患过关节炎,这经常困扰我。 哦,那你喜欢吗? |
[1:30:25] | So, do you like them? | -喜欢什么? -海报。 |
[1:30:29] | Yes, they’re great. | 是的。 很好。 |
[1:30:31] | -Which one? -They’re all great. | -那一张?。 -全部,他们全都很不错。 |
[1:30:34] | My favorite, number two. | 我最喜欢第二张。 哦,这张――- |
[1:30:40] | This is just great. it’s a strong graphic and… | 这张不错。 -这画实在太好了 |
[1:30:44] | I knew you’d love them. | -是呀。 我知道你会喜欢它们。 |
[1:30:46] | If I did see them, I’d never tell. | 其实就算我真的看了那些 我绝对不会告诉任何人的。 -看见什么? -样片。 |
[1:30:52] | No, see the problem is, I get embarrassed when… | 不不。 我认为―-问题在于。 我以前说过…… – |
[1:30:55] | Okay. Okay. You’re right. A deal’s a deal. | 我会很尴尬的,如果有人―–不。 你是对的。 协议就是协议…… |
[1:31:02] | …and cut it together, then… | 你瞧。 我们很快就要封镜了…… 因此。 你知道。 我们会把它剪辑在一起,然后―- |
[1:31:05] | Am I barred from that, too? | 那时我也会被禁止吗? |
[1:31:06] | No, I just want to present the best possible thing I can to you. | 不。 |
[1:31:11] | This is a $60-million movie. I’m not used to… | 我只是想带给你最好的成果。 你知道。 |
[1:31:14] | …being kept in the background. | 因为这是一部价值6千万的电影…… 我只是不习惯像这样,只是在幕后。 |
[1:31:16] | Between you and me, this is my valentine to Ellie. | 这是我给埃莉的情人节礼物 不向外人讲哦。 -[电话铃声] ―很多人都不敢相信你和我在一起工作。 |
[1:31:24] | Personality clashes and the personal history. But if two people are mature… | 人身攻击和我们过去的争斗。 但是我想我们是真正的成熟了。 |
[1:31:30] | I’ll let myself out. it’s okay. Don’t worry. | 我会自己出去…… 放心。 不要担心。 我―我―-嗨,是的。 那艘游艇可以用吗? 因为我希望在Amafi海滨度过整个蜜月。 一定要那首游艇。 但是―-那是唯一的一部游艇…… 我想这样我们的蜜月才够浪漫了。 |
[1:31:47] | All right. Okay, good. | 很好。 好的。 |
[1:31:51] | You okay? | -你还好吗?。 -是的。 |
[1:31:53] | -Yes! -Come on. I’ll show you out. | -是的。我还好――。 -我来送你出去。 |
[1:31:57] | -I know you’ve had a rough day. -The front door. | -我知道你今天很辛苦。 -哦。前门。 |
[1:32:09] | Cut! | [沃尔的声音] 停! |
[1:32:15] | There’s more, Mr. Yeager… | 后面还有, 依尔格先生…… |
[1:32:18] | …but those few hours are a good selection. | 但是这几段是最好的。 |
[1:32:22] | Okay. Wally, thanks. And listen, this is our little secret, okay? | 很好。 沃利。 谢谢。 听着。 这是我们的小秘密,好吗? |
[1:32:27] | Yes, sir. | 好的,先生。 先生门,女士们, 影视销售国家协会…… |
[1:32:33] | …Society of Video Sales… | 很荣誉的授予…… |
[1:32:35] | …is proud to honor the movie industry’s man of the year… | 本年度电影业最佳人士…… |
[1:32:39] | …the incomparable Hal Yeager. | 无人能比的豪尔.依尔格。 |
[1:32:52] | Time was we made more money at the box office than video sales. | 是我们在票房上比录像带上赚取更多利润的时候了。 |
[1:32:56] | Now the big push we give a film’s theatrical release… | 现在我们通过在电影院发布,让我们更加前进了一步…… |
[1:32:59] | …is really just a prelude to making it a large hit… | 这仅仅是我们获取巨大成功的开始, |
[1:33:03] | …in your over-the-counter sales. | 在你们的销售额上。 |
[1:33:12] | Boy, they loved you. I thought they would… | [鼓掌] 他们真的很喜欢你 |
[1:33:16] | …lift you up on their shoulders and carry you around the room. | 我想他们应该把你举起来立在他们的肩上…… 在大厅游行。 |
[1:33:21] | I just told the truth. | 我只是实话实说。 |
[1:33:25] | Hi. | 嘿。 |
[1:33:27] | -You’re drunk. -A little. | -你喝酒了。 -哦。 只是一点点。 |
[1:33:29] | -A little? -Okay, a lot. | -一点点?。 -有点多。 |
[1:33:32] | Definitely. | 确实。 |
[1:33:35] | It’s not easy sitting through 3 hours of adulation. | 你知道。 坐在那里三个小时不停的拍马屁真的很不容易。 |
[1:33:38] | Frankly, I don’t know how you do it. | 老实说。 我想告诉你。 我不知道你怎么能那样做。 |
[1:33:41] | I can’t rob them of the opportunity of demonstrating their gratitude. | 你不能剥夺他们…… 表示他们感激的机会。 |
[1:33:46] | No wonder we both have to drink so much at these affairs. | 难以置信,我们�z在宴会上喝了这么多酒。 |
[1:33:52] | If I wasn’t a bit drunk, I wouldn’t bring this up. | 你知道。 假如我不喝一点酒的话, 我是不会提起这个的。 |
[1:33:55] | Bring what up? | -提起什么? – |
[1:33:57] | -The dailies. -What dailies? | 样片。 -什么样片? |
[1:33:59] | Val’s. “The City That Never Sleeps”. | -沃尔的样片。 – |
[1:34:02] | Well, I’m hopeful. You know? | 不夜城。。 -我很抱希望的,你知道? |
[1:34:05] | You can’t judge a film by its dailies. | 你不能只是通过样片来评价一部电影。 |
[1:34:07] | They’re just bits and pieces out of sequence. | 这只是一些无序零碎的小段子。 |
[1:34:11] | You have to wait till it’s cut. | 你必须等到所有的事情都弄好为止―― |
[1:34:13] | Well, I was very disappointed. | 我真的很失望。 |
[1:34:15] | -You saw them? -That’s just between us. | -你看过吗? -能只有我们知道吗? |
[1:34:17] | -How? -I was disappointed. | -怎么能? -我真的有点失望。 |
[1:34:19] | I can’t believe you. You… I can’t… He trusted you. | 我简直不能相信你。 我不能――他是那么信任你。 |
[1:34:23] | Honey, I didn’t get to run a studio by kowtowing to every director… | 亲爱的,我经营一家制片厂,决不会…… 迎合那些反复无常的无礼要求…… |
[1:34:27] | …who thinks he’s Orson Welles. | 迎合那些个个都自认为是奥森.威尔士的神经质的导演。 |
[1:34:29] | But you gave him your word that you wouldn’t do that. | 但是你已经向他保证过, 你不会这样做。 |
[1:34:33] | Honey, unless he has some vision of how to cut this thing… | 亲爱的,除非这个家伙脑袋里真的有天才能剪接好那个…… |
[1:34:37] | …we’re on very shaky ground. | -我们的处境就真的是一团糟了。 |
[1:34:39] | No. I disagree. I disagree. | -我不同意…… 我不同意。我―我―我―- |
[1:34:43] | I think the dailies are… | 你知道什么? -我认为那些样片是―- |
[1:34:44] | Are what? Nothing makes sense! | -那些样片是什么? 什么都不是。 |
[1:34:47] | The angles, performances, coverage. There is no coverage! | 角度,表演,摄象机视界。 -根本就没有摄象机视界。 |
[1:34:51] | I trust his instincts. | -那好,我相信他的直觉。 亲爱的,这本应该是一部很好,大有前途的 商业电影的。它确实是。 |
[1:34:57] | And you weren’t to look at it until he was ready to show it to you. | 但协议规定,你不应该去查看他的工作…… – |
[1:35:01] | I gave in to those demands to please you. | 直到他准备好给你看为止。 -我答应这些要求,只是为了能使你高兴。 |
[1:35:04] | This guy could have come in and begged for the job | 我的意思是。 他本应该来祈求这份工作的。 |
[1:35:07] | and he wouldn’t have gotten it. | 他根本不可能得到这份工作的。 |
[1:35:09] | The point of this is that you said one thing to his face… | 问题是,你说过…… 你是当面说一套, |
[1:35:13] | …then did something else behind his back. | 背后做一套。 你说得太吓人了, 我可是要对大笔投资负责的。 |
[1:35:16] | You make it sound sinister. | -我知道 – |
[1:35:18] | I’m responsible for a very huge chunk of money. | 我要经营一家制片厂。 是的。我知道 假如你失望的话,我想是我让你失望的。 |
[1:35:30] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[1:35:32] | Because, well, I saw some of the footage. You know. | 因为, 我看见了那些电影胶片。 |
[1:35:36] | And I was a little baffled, okay? | 我有一点困惑,好吗? |
[1:35:40] | But you know what? | 但是,你知道什么? |
[1:35:42] | Look, maybe I should have told you. I don’t know. | 但是,你瞧,也许我应该早点告诉你…… 也许我应该早点告诉你。 |
[1:35:46] | But half of it was in the can anyway, and… | 我不知道。 但是,那时它的一半还没出来,而且…… |
[1:35:50] | Look, he’s a genuine talent, okay? | 听着。 他是一个真正的天才。不是吗? |
[1:35:53] | Who says that we’re right? The guy’s a genius. | 是谁说我们是对的? 那个家伙是个天才。 |
[1:35:55] | Well, let’s just hope he has a vision of how to cut it together,… | 我们现在只有希望他脑袋里真的有天才能够剪接好那个…… 为了大家。 |
[1:36:01] | He never has to know I saw the dailies. I’m not tampering. | 他永远没有必要知道我看过样片。 我不是在干扰。 |
[1:36:05] | And you should have warned me! | 而你早就应该警告我了。 |
[1:36:09] | I mean, I don’t ever want to wonder about your loyalties. | 我意思是。我从来没有怀疑过你的忠诚。 -那好―- |
[1:36:15] | Look, I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m drunk. | -哦。瞧。我真的―真的很抱歉。 我很抱歉。我有点醉了。 让我们―- |
[1:36:18] | Let’s just…call it a night. | -今晚就到这里吧。 -好的。 |
[1:36:40] | Cut! | 停! |
[1:36:42] | Val, check the gate? | 沃尔。 点点人数?。 |
[1:36:45] | Thank you, everyone. See you tonight at the wrap party. | 点点人数。 谢谢,大家。 今晚封镜晚上会见…… |
[1:36:49] | You all did a tremendous job. Please use taxis or designated drivers. | 这会是你们干过的最好的工作。 请做出租车或指定司机。 哦! |
[1:37:07] | I know you’re happy to be leaving New York. | 我知道你很高兴就要离开去纽约了 |
[1:37:10] | What is the thing you miss most about L.A.? | 你最想念洛杉矶的什么? |
[1:37:15] | Miss most about L.A.? | 最想念洛杉矶什么?。 |
[1:37:18] | I miss my support group. They’re really helping emotionally. | 我想念我的支援小组。 他们在感情上给了我极大鼓励。 |
[1:37:22] | I’m a member of a support group of film executives… | 我是制片厂执行董事会支援小组的一员…… |
[1:37:25] | …who can’t afford their own G-5s. | 他们却不能提供G―5s机枪。 |
[1:37:29] | -Have you seen Val? -He’s not here. | -你看见沃尔了吗? -没看见他在这。 |
[1:37:32] | Great. A director who misses his own wrap party. | 太奇怪了。一个导演竟然没来他自己的封镜晚会。 |
[1:37:35] | I called him at home. He’s not there. I’m worried. | 我给他家打过电话。 他不在那里。我很担心。 |
[1:37:39] | Hi! Hi, Ellie! Over here! Oh, you have to meet them. | 你好! Eliie! 这边! 哦! 你要去和他们见见。 对不起。对不起。 -你好。 这位是桑德尔 -你好! |
[1:37:47] | Where’s Val? | -沃尔在那里? |
[1:37:48] | Uh, he didn’t come. | -他没有来。 哦! |
[1:37:53] | Oh, my goodness. Everybody’s so sophisticated. I love it. | 哦。我的天。 每个人都这么老练。 |
[1:38:05] | Your father’s here. | 我喜欢这个。 哦,我把你爸爸带来了。 |
[1:38:06] | -You’re joking. -Tony? | -你在开玩笑。 -托尼? -小心。 不要撞到什么东西。 -托尼? -不。 -我在外面等着。 |
[1:38:13] | -What’s wrong with you? Are you blind? -Yeah. | -托尼?。 -你怎么了?你瞎了吗?。 – |
[1:38:16] | -Psychosomatic. -How did you know? | 我? 是的。 -心理失明。 - |
[1:38:19] | You never get any real things. | 你怎么知道? - 你从来没有看清什么真东西…… -这里。 |
[1:38:25] | I’ll take you to the couch. | 我带去沙发那边。继续走。 好,转过来。 坐下吧。 |
[1:38:37] | -Don’t ask me why I came. -I didn’t. | -不要问我为什么来这里。 我不会的。 |
[1:38:41] | Aren’t you curious after the last couple of years? | 你不觉得奇怪吗?在最近两年 |
[1:38:45] | Are you going to officially disown me? | 你是要和我正式断绝关系吗? |
[1:38:48] | I came for the exact opposite reason. I want to make friends. | 不。恰恰相反。 – |
[1:38:52] | I was never mad at you. | 我―我想我们可以成为朋友。 – |
[1:38:55] | What do you mean? You pushed me down a flight of stairs. | 我可从来没有对你发疯。 哦,你怎么能那样说? 你把我推下了楼梯。 |
[1:38:59] | I was high. In those years I did drugs. I did acid and peyote. | 为了过的高兴那几年我吸上了毒。 那时我用了迷幻药和大麻。 |
[1:39:04] | Where did you learn to do drugs? | 你在那里学的吸毒? |
[1:39:07] | From you. You took tranquilizers and mood elevators. | 从你那里。你吃的那些镇静药和兴奋剂。 |
[1:39:15] | …so you can buy hashish. | 那些和药店卖的根本不同。 因此在药店里,你只可以买印度大麻。 |
[1:39:17] | That’s over. That was stupid. | 那些日子已经结束了。 真的很愚蠢。 我―我―-你知道 |
[1:39:21] | What happened to us? How did we grow so far apart? | 我们之间到底发生了什么? 我们怎么会分歧这么大? 我――-你知道。 |
[1:39:28] | I played with you. I took you fishing. | 我们过去常在一起。 我们是―-我们―-我还曾和你一起玩。 我带你去钓鱼。 |
[1:39:32] | I didn’t want to go fishing. | -我不想钓鱼。 |
[1:39:33] | I didn’t take you against your will. Then you wanted to go fishing. | -我可没在你不愿意时带你去。 那时,你想去钓鱼。 |
[1:39:38] | You wanted to learn the violin. I got you a violin. | 你想学小提琴,我就给了你一把。 |
[1:39:42] | That led me to the drums. | 那导致了我去玩鼓。 |
[1:39:44] | How did violin go to the drums? That I’ve never understood. | 是的,怎么从小提琴到鼓的? – |
[1:39:49] | It’s music. | 我永远都不会明白。 -那是音乐。 |
[1:39:50] | An electronic band where you rip off your shirt… | 一个扯掉衣服的电子乐队…… |
[1:39:54] | …and eat alive rat is not music. | 吞活老鼠,那不是音乐。 |
[1:39:57] | We sold out that concert. | 那场音乐会,我们的票都卖光了。 |
[1:39:59] | Don’t call it a concert. Heifetz at Carnegie Hall is a concert. | 不要叫那时音乐会。 Heifetz 在卡内基礼堂是音乐会。 |
[1:40:03] | If there’s a brownout, Heifetz will still be on key, but your guitarist won’t be. | 即使舞台全黑着,Heifetz仍是焦点…… 但是你们这些的吉他手绝对不会。 |
[1:40:08] | You come here to knock me? | 你来这里就为了打击我吗? |
[1:40:11] | I came to… | 我来这里…… |
[1:40:13] | …hold out an olive branch. | 来递橄榄枝的。 |
[1:40:15] | Olive branch? What is this, the Israeli parliament? I’m your son. | 橄榄枝? 什么?你以为是巴以和谈吗? |
[1:40:21] | I know you’re my son. That’s what I’m saying. | 我是你的儿子。 我知道你是我的儿子。 |
[1:40:24] | I want us to get back together again. | 那就是我要说的。 我想我们能够和好。 |
[1:40:27] | To, you know, to go fishing. | 一起―一起―去钓鱼。 |
[1:40:30] | I hate fishing. | -我讨厌钓鱼。 |
[1:40:32] | I don’t mean literally go fishing in water! I, I …. | -我意思不是去水里钓鱼。 我―我―我―我,你知道―- |
[1:40:36] | I’m saying that I love you, despite the orange hair… | 我想说我爱你,不管你的头发是不是橙色…… |
[1:40:41] | …and nose rings and nipple rings and the tattoos. | 是否有鼻环和乳环和纹丝。 |
[1:40:45] | No wonder I went blind! | 难怪我瞎了。 |
[1:40:47] | Can I help it if I took a quantum leap from your values? | 是因为我拿了你的钱吗? |
[1:40:51] | What’s wrong with my values? I don’t understand. | 关我的钱什么事? 我不明白。 我对你的妈妈是如此的好。 我什么东西都没有偷。 我也从来没有吃过啮齿动物…… |
[1:41:02] | How is your mother, incidentally? | 顺便问一句,你母亲怎么样了? 她很好。 他们在里约热内卢。 |
[1:41:04] | Great. They’re in Rio. She has no trouble accepting me. | 她接受我可没问题。 对,当然,她是没有问题,因为你在这里。 而她的确搬到那么远。 |
[1:41:13] | I want to be friends with you. | 我想能和你成为朋友。 |
[1:41:16] | I respect what you do. You have to respect my goals. | 我尊敬你所作的一切。 你也必须尊敬我的目标。 |
[1:41:21] | I did some dopey things. I apologize. Let’s not make a big deal. | 如果我做了什么傻事,那么我道歉。 我们不是在做交易。 |
[1:41:25] | We don’t have to go fishing, but we have a lot in common. | 我们不必去钓鱼,但是我们真的有很多共同点。 |
[1:41:29] | We’re both trying to do something original. You with film… | 我们两都在在一些有创意的事…… |
[1:41:33] | …and me with alive rat. | 你玩电影,而我玩活老鼠。 哦,托尼。 |
[1:41:37] | Tony, Tony, Tony. | 托尼。 托尼。 |
[1:41:39] | By the way, I changed my name. it’s not Tony anymore. | 随便提一下,我改了名字。 我不再叫托尼了。 |
[1:41:43] | It’s not? What is it? | 不叫?那叫什么? |
[1:41:45] | Scumbag X. | “避孕套.加大号” |
[1:41:48] | Oh, that’s nice. | 不错的名字。 |
[1:41:50] | It’s much better than Tony Waxman. | 这起码比“托尼.瓦克斯曼(蜡像)”好。 |
[1:41:58] | I love you, Scumbag. | 我爱你,“避孕套”。 |
[1:42:02] | Events moved pretty rapidly once the movie wrapped. | 事情进行的真的好快,电影已经封镜了。 |
[1:42:05] | Ellie stayed in New York and helped Val fake his way through the editing. | 埃莉还在纽约,通过编辑来帮助沃尔编辑。 |
[1:42:10] | They spent a lot of time together. | 他们大部分时间都在一起…… |
[1:42:13] | And then, suddenly, one day …. | 就在这是,突然有一天―― |
[1:42:17] | I can see! | 我可以看见了。 |
[1:42:19] | Ellie! | |
[1:42:21] | I can see! | -我可以看见了。 -什么?。 |
[1:42:24] | I can see! | 我-我可以看见了。 |
[1:42:26] | I can see! I can see! | 我可以看见了。 我可以看见了。 我-一切对我来说,世界真美丽。 |
[1:42:31] | Everything looks so beautiful! The city looks… | 这城市看起来太……美妙了。 -我能――我能看见了。 -沃尔。 |
[1:42:35] | …incredible! I can… | 是吗―–我能看见了―–你确定? -你看起来太美了。。 你看起来好极了。 -哦,―― |
[1:42:43] | You look so beautiful. | -你看起来太漂亮了。 -好了 |
[1:42:46] | I swear. You’re like a different person. | 我发誓,你就像变了一个人似的。 |
[1:42:49] | You mean I was never pretty? | -你意思是我从来没漂亮过? – |
[1:42:50] | You were always pretty! But now you’re beautiful. | 你从来都这么漂亮。 -但是,现在你太漂亮了。 -好了。 |
[1:42:53] | I can see! l…l… I can’t believe this! | 我能看见了。 我―我简直不能相信…… 我――我。啊―― |
[1:43:00] | I can see! You look so beautiful. I’m overwhelmed. | 我能看见了。 你看起来太漂亮了。 我――我太高兴了。 |
[1:43:05] | That’s how it is when you go blind for a while. | 很好。你失明了好一阵子,你要知道。 我――我―― |
[1:43:11] | Oh, Val! Oh, my God! | -哦。 沃尔! |
[1:43:13] | Come on! | 我的天! -来吧! |
[1:43:19] | Call Dr. Kevorkian. | 请叫科沃肯医生。 |
[1:43:23] | This is the worst… | -这太糟了―- |
[1:43:25] | This looks like the work of a blind man. | 这看起来就像一个盲人的作品。 |
[1:43:29] | Come on. You’re scaring me. | 好了,你―你吓着我了。 |
[1:43:32] | Hal means to preview this in 2 weeks to get some audience reaction. | 我意思是。我和豪尔再过两个星期 就要让这个试映了…… 去得到观众的反馈――― |
[1:43:36] | The audience will rush into the projection booth… | 观众会冲进放映室的…… |
[1:43:40] | …grab the print and hurl it into the sea. | 抓起胶片,然后扔到海里。 |
[1:43:49] | Here are the rest of the cards the audience filled out. | 这是剩下的观众填写的卡片…… |
[1:43:53] | They’re practically unanimous. | 那好。他们的意见都很统一。 |
[1:43:54] | “An incoherent, stupid waste of celluloid.” | “一部不连贯,愚蠢,浪费胶片的电影。” |
[1:43:57] | “Would you recommend this film to a friend?” | “你会把这部推荐给你朋友吗?” |
[1:44:00] | “Only if I was friendly with Hitler.” | “如果我的朋友是希特勒。” |
[1:44:02] | They’re all just terrible. | -“一个字――恐怖。” -“停,别放了。” |
[1:44:04] | “How would you improve this movie?” “Arson.” | “你会怎样改进这部影片?” “一把火烧了” |
[1:44:07] | That’s the audience, not the critics. | -“你认为电影中最好的是那一部分?” – |
[1:44:10] | The reviews will be good, then the public will go. | “观众” 他们不是批评家。评论会好的, |
[1:44:14] | “What would you call the genre?” “Early American garbage.” | 大众会理解的。 哦,“你怎样来评价这部影片?” “早期的美国垃圾” |
[1:44:23] | I’m crushed over the reception the movie got. | 我被这部电影所收到的评论彻底的击溃了。 |
[1:44:26] | Some of the reviews were particularly scathing. | 我想可能有些评论是太过分苛刻。 |
[1:44:31] | -I hope Val’s okay. -That’s not what I want to talk about. | -我希望沃尔还好。 -我想谈谈。 好的。 |
[1:44:37] | I got an advance copy of the story Andrea Ford wrote. | 我得到了安德鲁.福特写的故事的预赠本…… 关于影片的制作。 她至今还没有上交编辑版本。 |
[1:44:44] | She wanted comments from me. I tried to talk her out of it. | 她想我能给写些评注。 我试着告诉她现在不是时候。 |
[1:44:48] | Andrea Ford is a cheap tabloid gossipmonger. | 安德鲁.福特是一个低级小报搬弄是非者。 |
[1:44:52] | I thought it was a bad idea having her hang around the set… | 我从来不认为这是一个好主意…… 让她一直在片厂周围。 |
[1:44:56] | She said Val Waxman directed the picture blind. | 她说沃尔.瓦克斯曼从头到尾都是盲目地指导这部影片…… |
[1:45:00] | Throughout shooting he had psychosomatic blindness. Was I wrong to deny that? | 拍摄期间,他是一个心理失明症患者…… -我能够否认这个吗? -哈! |
[1:45:05] | He shot the whole picture without ever seeing it? | 他什么也看不见,就拍摄了整部戏? |
[1:45:10] | Otherwise, you’d have gotten the movie you wanted. | 否则,不可能是现在这个样子。 |
[1:45:12] | She wrote that you knew and helped him hide it. | 她写到,你知道这件事,而且还帮忙隐瞒这件事。 |
[1:45:15] | Only the last few weeks. | 只是在最后几周。 |
[1:45:17] | I found out pretty much after the boat had sailed. | -木已成舟了,我才知道。 |
[1:45:21] | And you didn’t tell me. | -你没有告诉我。 |
[1:45:22] | I knew you’d be apoplectic and Val couldn’t afford to lose another job. | 我知道你很气愤,但是沃尔再不能失去工作了…… |
[1:45:27] | Under those circumstances, I …. | 在这种情况下,我―― |
[1:45:30] | You cared more about him than you did about Galaxie. | 你关心他超过你对银河影业的关心。不是吗? |
[1:45:35] | I truly believed he could pull it off. | 我真的认为他会取得成功的。 |
[1:45:38] | The two of you were seen kissing passionately on the set. | 而且你们两个还时不时的热吻…… -在影棚附近。 |
[1:45:42] | We were faking. We told his roommate we’d gotten back together… | -我们那只是在演戏。 我们告诉他的室友,我们和好了…… |
[1:45:46] | …so she wouldn’t move back in and find out he was blind. | 因此她不能回来和他一起…… 否则她会看出他已经瞎了―― |
[1:45:50] | Did you fall back in love with your ex-husband? | 你又爱上了你的前夫吗? |
[1:45:53] | No. | 没有。 |
[1:45:56] | You can tell me the truth because it really doesn’t much matter now. | 你现在可以告诉我真相了,因为那已经不重要了。 |
[1:46:03] | I think I never stopped loving him. | 我想我一直都很爱他。 |
[1:46:09] | When this story hits, he’ll never be employable again. | 你知道这个片子一结束, 不可能再有人请他了。 |
[1:46:14] | You don’t need the story. | 好了,你不需要这片子了。 |
[1:46:16] | I think the reviews took care of that. | 我认为评论真的很关心这一点。 |
[1:46:22] | Don’t spend 30 seconds on what those critics said. | 我不会花任何时间在这些批评家说什么上了。 |
[1:46:25] | They’re the lowest level of the culture. | 他们只能代表文化界的最低层。 |
[1:46:28] | This time they’re right. The movie is incoherent. | 不。这次他们是对的。这部戏真的不连贯。。 |
[1:46:32] | The performances are all over the place, the camerawork is unfocused. | 到处都是做作的表演…… 摄像根本没有焦点。 |
[1:46:36] | Worse has been said about my work. I just eat another rat. | 我的工作更糟, 我刚才又吃了一只老鼠。 |
[1:46:40] | Jesus. I hope Ellie is okay. | -哦。我的天。 |
[1:46:43] | I always liked Ellie. | 我希望埃莉还好。 – |
[1:46:45] | Isn’t she marrying that Neanderthal, Yeager? | 我一直都喜欢埃莉。 她不是嫁给了一个精英穴居人吗?依尔格? |
[1:46:49] | Talk about blindness. | 说到瞎眼。 |
[1:46:50] | She was right under my nose for so long and I didn’t appreciate her. | 她就在我眼前这么长时间,我都没有珍惜她。 |
[1:46:55] | Blindness as a metaphor. That’s great. | 这次失明就像是一个暗喻。 那太好了。 |
[1:47:03] | Guess what? | 猜一猜,发生了什么? -猜什么?什么? -电影。你的电影…… 法国人在巴黎看了你的电影。 |
[1:47:10] | They say it’s the greatest American film in 50 years! | 他们说这是美国50年来最伟大的电影。 |
[1:47:14] | You’re kidding. | -你在开玩笑。 – |
[1:47:15] | You’re being hailed as a true artist. A great genius! | 不。你被评为真正的艺术家。 一个伟大的天才。 而且法国可以为整个欧洲代言,对吧? 我已经替你接受了邀请去巴黎拍戏。 |
[1:47:18] | And France sets the tone for the rest of Europe. | 巴黎的一个可爱故事。 巴黎。 法国。 他们那里,他们讲法语,你知道。 |
[1:47:26] | Paris, France! Where they talk French. it’s like New York. | -那里―–那里就像纽约。 |
[1:47:31] | This is the best news. it’s unbelievable. | 这消息太好了。我―-简直不能相信。 |
[1:47:34] | Here I’m a bum, but there… | -我真喜欢这个。 -因为在这里我是笨蛋…… |
[1:47:36] | …a genius! | -在那里却成了天才 -一个天才 |
[1:47:38] | Thank God the French exist. | 感谢上帝,法国万岁。 |
[1:47:44] | This is my life’s dream… we’re going to live in Paris. | 这是我一生的梦想――-我们将生活在法国。 |
[1:47:48] | I can’t tell you how thrilled I am. | 我简直太激动了。 -这简直不能相信。 – |
[1:47:51] | Are you sure? it’s a big step. | 你确定吗? -我意思是。这真是一次巨大的飞跃。 – |
[1:47:57] | Every husband should go blind for a little while. | 我绝对―-你知道吗,你太美了。 每一位丈夫都应该瞎一阵子…… 我―我- |
[1:48:21] | You didn’t forget the Dramamine, did you? | 你没忘记晕车药吧?对不对? |