时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Chapter Four: For Tom and Sarah, | 第四章 对汤姆和萨拉来说 |
[00:03] | having a rich brother was complicated. | 弟弟非常有钱这件事 很复杂 |
[00:05] | On the one hand, Connor’s wealth | 一方面 康纳的财富 |
[00:07] | made them feel like the failures of the family. | 让他们感觉自己是很失败的哥哥姐姐 |
[00:08] | On the other hand, he was a great source | 另一方面来说 康纳又给了他们很多 |
[00:10] | of hand-me-downs: toys, | 二手东西 比如玩具 |
[00:11] | children’s clothing, and even… | 孩子的衣服 甚至 |
[00:13] | A six-month-old laptop, | 只用过六个月的笔记本 |
[00:14] | I mean, if anyone should get it, it’s me. | 如果说要给谁的话 也应该是我 |
[00:16] | I need it for my job. | 我工作需要 |
[00:17] | Denise and I share a computer | 我和丹妮斯共用的电脑 |
[00:18] | that burns our thighs. | 都要把腿压断了 |
[00:20] | But yeah, sure, give it to the “writer.” | 不过当然了 还是送给”大作家”吧 |
[00:21] | Why is “writer” always in quotes? | 为什么”大作家”总要加双引号 |
[00:24] | Besides, my computer keeps crashing. | 而且我的电脑一直死机 |
[00:26] | I lost an entire chapter this morning. | 今天早上我弄丢了一整章内容呢 |
[00:27] | Our laptop can’t be on a lap, Tom! | 我们的笔记本电脑沉到没法放在腿上 |
[00:31] | Weren’t Mom and Dad gonna get you a new one? | 爸妈不是准备给你弄个新的吗 |
[00:32] | Yeah, they’d rather buy things for their kids | 是哦 比起真的过来做客 |
[00:34] | than actually come and visit. | 他们宁愿给孩子买东西 |
[00:36] | Yeah, that’s weird. They’re only two hours away. | 是啊 挺奇怪的 明明开车两小时就能到 |
[00:38] | Think we’d get more grandparent time. | 我还以为会经常有机会三代同堂呢 |
[00:39] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[00:41] | Mom? | 妈 |
[00:42] | Dad? | 爸 |
[00:44] | It’s not what it looks like. | 这不是你们以为的那样啊 |
[00:46] | It looks like you’re visiting Connor and not us. | 这不就是你们去康纳家做客但不来我们家吗 |
[00:48] | Why’d you say it wasn’t what it looked like? | 你为什么说这不是你们以为的那样啊 |
[00:49] | It’s exactly what it looks like. | 这不就是他们以为的那样 |
[00:58] | I agree. This is ridiculous. | 我赞同 这太扯淡了 |
[01:00] | It’s an incubator. It’s not worth those numbers. | 一个婴儿恒温箱 凭什么那么贵 |
[01:02] | You drove all the way in from Sacramento | 你们大老远从萨克拉门托开车来 |
[01:04] | and didn’t even offer to visit? | 都不来看看我们 |
[01:05] | I left you a voicemail. | 我给你们录音留言了 |
[01:06] | Mom, your voicemails are just three minutes | 妈 你的录音留言就是你的手机在包里 |
[01:08] | of rustling in your purse. | 三分钟的摩擦声 |
[01:09] | I can’t believe you guys | 我真不敢相信你们 |
[01:10] | are playing favorites like this. | 这么偏心 |
[01:11] | You haven’t visited Sarah’s place | 你们好多年没去我和萨拉家 |
[01:13] | or my place in ages. | 做客了 |
[01:14] | Yeah, and it’s so important for you | 对啊 而且对你们来说 |
[01:16] | to spend time with the kids right now. | 现在多陪陪孩子很重要 |
[01:17] | I mean, especially after last year. | 尤其是去年那事之后 |
[01:19] | Admit it, you just love hanging out | 承认吧 你们就是喜欢 |
[01:20] | in this gigantic house. | 豪宅 |
[01:22] | It’s like a vacation for you guys. | 对你们来说跟度假似的 |
[01:22] | That’s not fair. | 这么说太不公平了 |
[01:24] | Fresh mimosa? | 刚做好的含羞草鸡尾酒 |
[01:25] | Oh! Gracias, Lupe. | 太谢谢你了 卢佩 |
[01:28] | De nada. | 不客气 |
[01:29] | Look, we’re not playing favorites. | 我们不是偏心 |
[01:31] | I’ve never once thought about the size of this house | 我从来没有特别考虑过这个房子的大小 |
[01:33] | or this–this spectacular view | 或者这能让人 |
[01:36] | that helps you forget all your cares. | 忘记一切忧虑的美景 |
[01:38] | The only reason we’re babysitting Gretchen | 我们来照顾格雷琴只是因为 |
[01:40] | is because Connor is extra busy. | 康纳超级忙 |
[01:42] | He’s buying an incubator. | 他要买恒温室 |
[01:44] | Mom, do you even know what that is? | 妈 你知道那是什么东西吗 |
[01:46] | Something with eggs. | 孵蛋用的吧 |
[01:47] | All right, who needs a mimosa? | 谁想喝含羞草鸡尾酒 |
[01:49] | Tom, Sarah, mimose? | 汤姆 萨拉 含羞草鸡尾酒 |
[01:51] | Connor, how often have they been visiting you? | 康纳 爸妈多久来你这里一次 |
[01:56] | Definitely not before today. | 今天绝对是第一次 |
[01:59] | Marshall, these are your pants from last week. | 马歇尔 这是你上周给我洗的裤子 |
[02:02] | Got the chocolate out. | 把巧克力洗干净了 |
[02:05] | Thank you, Lupe. Perfect. | 谢谢你 卢佩 完美 |
[02:08] | She made a ganache. It’s this… | 她上周做了甘纳许巧克力 |
[02:11] | It’s just whipped filling of chocolate and– | 就是把巧克力加入 |
[02:13] | Thanks for the info, Dad. | 谢谢你科普啊 爸 |
[02:14] | I know that Connor is going through an adjustment, | 我知道康纳还在适应新生活 |
[02:17] | but this is not fair. | 但这样不公平 |
[02:19] | Our kids wanna see their grandparents too. | 我们的孩子也想有爷爷奶奶陪啊 |
[02:21] | Guys, Gretchen needs | 各位 格雷琴 |
[02:23] | extra attention right now, okay? | 现在需要特殊照顾 明白吗 |
[02:25] | If you want more grandparent time, | 要是你们也想多让爷爷奶奶陪娃 |
[02:27] | maybe you should divorce your wives too. | 要不你们也跟老婆离个婚 |
[02:28] | Super helpful. Great advice. | 超级有帮助呢 真是好建议 |
[02:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢您啊 |
[02:31] | But you take them on vacation. | 但你们就像是度假 |
[02:32] | Your childhood bedroom is basically a shrine. | 你小时候的卧室简直是圣地一样 |
[02:35] | Let’s face it, you’ve always been the favorite. | 承认吧 爸妈一直偏心你 |
[02:36] | That’s not true. Is that true? | 这不是扯淡呢 你说是不是扯淡 |
[02:38] | No. Not true. | 确实是扯淡 |
[02:39] | It shifts around. | 我们是轮流疼爱你们的 |
[02:41] | You wanna talk favorites? | 你还说偏心呢 |
[02:42] | How about when they missed my wrestling match | 记不记得那次为了你的辩论俱乐部 |
[02:43] | for your debate club? | 他们没去看我摔跤比赛 |
[02:44] | I wasn’t in debate. | 什么辩论 |
[02:46] | That’s for nerds. | 书呆子才辩论 |
[02:48] | It was the academic quiz bowl. | 我去的是学术知识小竞赛 |
[02:50] | And Sarah, how about when you were 17, | 还有萨拉 你17岁那年 |
[02:52] | and they let you go on that vacation to Colorado? | 爸妈让你去科罗拉多度假 |
[02:54] | You mean my inpatient anxiety treatment? | 你是说我去治疗住院焦虑那次是吧 |
[02:56] | You told me she was snowboarding. | 你不是说她去滑雪了 |
[02:57] | I didn’t want you to worry. | 我怕你担心啊 |
[02:59] | You were so young and adorable. | 当时又小又可爱 |
[03:01] | Hey, remember how he used to say “skissors”? | 记不记得他以前总是说箭刀 |
[03:04] | “Rock paper skissors!” | 石头箭刀布 |
[03:06] | Stop! Stop! | 别闹了别闹啦 |
[03:08] | Aww, sorry, you two are upset. | 啊 对不起 你们不高兴了 |
[03:11] | Look, let’s balance the scales, all right? | 那就平衡一下嘛 |
[03:13] | Let’s go to your places right now. | 我们现在就去你们家 |
[03:15] | We’ll make a day of it, right? | 玩他一整天 好吗 |
[03:16] | Really? Yeah, Camila would love that. | 真的吗 卡米拉肯会定很高兴的 |
[03:18] | Perfect! Grandparent time for all! | 完美 大家都有爷爷奶奶陪 |
[03:20] | Okay. Great. | 好 很好 |
[03:21] | You okay with this, skissors? | 你可以接受吗 箭刀 |
[03:23] | I mean, no, but fine. | 不太高兴不过 行吧 |
[03:26] | I get Mom. Sure. | 妈妈归我 没问题 |
[03:28] | Okay, Mom, Dad, do you guys mind splitting up? | 爸妈 你们介意分开一下不 |
[03:30] | -Oh -Well, well… | 啊 这个 |
[03:31] | We’ve had our ups and downs, but I mean, we– | 我们的感情是有过起伏 但是我们 |
[03:34] | You get to a certain age, | 但是到了一定年龄 |
[03:35] | and then you just decide to stick with it. | 就会决定这样过下去的 |
[03:36] | Guys, that’s not what I’m– | 各位 我不是这个意思 |
[03:38] | Wait, Gramma and Grandpa are divorcing too? | 什么 爷爷奶奶也要离婚吗 |
[03:40] | No, no. No, sweetie. | 不是的 不 亲爱的 |
[03:42] | I’m sending you the therapy bill. | 回头孩子看心理医生你付钱啊 |
[03:43] | Yeah. And you get the laptop. | 好吧 还有 笔记本归你了 |
[03:45] | Yes! Oh, damn it. | 爽 妈蛋 |
[03:49] | “A Wrinkle in Time”? | 《时间的皱纹》 |
[03:50] | “Harry Potter”! | 《哈利波特》 |
[03:51] | It’s so great having her here, right? | 她来了多不错啊 |
[03:53] | Totally. For now. | 绝对的 不过是暂时的 |
[03:55] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[03:56] | The kids love her. It’s grandma time! | 孩子们多爱她啊 有奶奶在不好吗 |
[03:58] | It’s not the kids I’m worried about. | 我担心的不是孩子 |
[03:59] | You and your mom have a 90-minute window. | 你和你妈只有90分钟的时间 |
[04:01] | You get along great for 90 minutes, | 这90分钟会很愉快 |
[04:03] | and then you start to argue and get on each other’s nerves. | 过了之后呢 你们就开始吵架斗气 |
[04:05] | That is not true. | 胡说什么 |
[04:07] | How long has it been? Hour twenty. | 多久了 80分钟 |
[04:10] | It releases insulin | 如果 |
[04:11] | when your blood sugar gets too high. | 你的血糖太高 就会分泌胰岛素 |
[04:14] | And that is how an artificial pancreas works. | 这也就是人工胰腺的原理 |
[04:20] | I guess this counts as playing. | 这应该算是在玩 吧 |
[04:22] | Well, I mean, he’s having fun. | 他反正是挺开心的 |
[04:24] | Say, Grandpa, why don’t you try | 爷爷啊 要不你试试 |
[04:26] | a round of peek-a-boo? | 跟他们玩躲猫猫 |
[04:27] | I don’t wanna mess with their sense | 我可不想测试他们的 |
[04:28] | of object permanence. | 客体恒常性 |
[04:29] | Dad… | 爸 |
[04:31] | Oh, “Where The Wild Things Are”! | 噢 《野兽出没的地方》 |
[04:32] | Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! Shamiah, you win $10! | 叮叮叮叮叮 沙米亚 你赢了10块 |
[04:35] | Oh, Mom, love the gesture, | 妈 肢体语言很好 |
[04:37] | but just a heads-up: | 不过提醒一下 |
[04:39] | we actually donate a third of the kids’ allowance | 不过我们会把孩子零花钱的三分之二 |
[04:41] | to causes that they care about, | 捐赠给他们在乎的事业 |
[04:42] | you know, renewable energy, turtle rescue. | 可再生能源啊 保护乌龟啊什么的 |
[04:44] | That’s fine, but this isn’t allowance money. | 没事 不过这不算零花钱 |
[04:46] | This is grandma bucks! | 这是奶奶钱 |
[04:50] | Mom, I can’t believe that– | 妈 我真不敢相信 |
[04:52] | I can’t believe | 不敢相信 |
[04:54] | how much fun the kids are having with you. | 孩子们跟你玩的这么开心 |
[04:56] | Well, thank you, Sarah. | 谢谢 萨拉 |
[04:59] | I mean, I wanna be wrong. | 我也希望我说错了 |
[05:01] | Hey, Marina, what percentile | 玛琳娜 孩子的头围 |
[05:02] | head circumference are they? | 多大了 |
[05:04] | I’m guessing Es-ta-ban’s a couple of points bigger. | 我感觉埃斯塔班的头略大几个百分点 |
[05:06] | Esteban. | 埃斯特班 |
[05:07] | Sorry, what did I say? | 不好意思 我刚才说的啥 |
[05:09] | Also, you’re pointing at Alejandro. | 而且你刚才指的是亚历汉卓 |
[05:10] | You sure? ‘Cause I’m really getting | 你确定吗 因为这个孩子 |
[05:13] | an Ees-ta-ban vibe from this one. | 给我的感觉就是埃斯塔班 |
[05:15] | You know, Sarah, this place would feel | 萨拉 说实话 如果你愿意 |
[05:17] | a lot less cramped | 少放点东西 |
[05:18] | if you would put some of this stuff away. | 这里就不会感觉这么拥挤的 |
[05:19] | Okay, well, I do, but– | 这个嘛 我知道 不过 |
[05:22] | You were always the messy one. | 你总是不爱干净整洁 |
[05:23] | And you always reminded me. | 你也没少提醒过我 |
[05:26] | I wonder if Tom and Marina are having this much “fun” | 不知道汤姆 玛琳娜和爸爸有没有玩的这么开心 |
[05:30] | with Dad. Please stop that. | 把那表情收一收行不 |
[05:32] | Guys, can I watch the game in your room? | 两位 我能在你们房间看比赛吗 |
[05:34] | Yeah, if you’re here now, | 来都来了 |
[05:35] | why don’t you play a game with Camila? | 干嘛不和卡米拉玩游戏呢 |
[05:37] | Ah, way ahead of ya. | 早想到了 |
[05:38] | I already have set her up for online poker. | 我已经教她玩网络斗地主了 |
[05:40] | Love you, Grandpa! | 爱你 爷爷 |
[05:41] | Love you too, baby. Hey, don’t go all-in | 我也爱你 宝贝 对了 除非你 |
[05:43] | unless you got the nuts, sweetheart. | 有百分百把握 不要随便梭哈 |
[05:45] | You can’t do “Black Lives Matter” | 你不能在打哑谜猜字游戏里 |
[05:47] | in charades! It is offensive! | 用”黑人的命也是命” 这很冒犯 |
[05:49] | How is that offensive? | 这哪里冒犯了 |
[05:50] | Why the trumpet? | 为什么是小号 |
[05:51] | Because Louis Armstrong was Black! | 因为路易斯·阿姆斯特朗是黑人 |
[05:53] | Oh, my God, Mom. | 我的天啊妈 |
[05:54] | Stop criticizing Grandma! | 别批评奶奶了 |
[05:56] | Tell us who else was Black. | 快说说还有谁是黑人 |
[05:58] | If you need me, I’ll be on your bed. | 如果有事 我就在你床上 |
[06:00] | And if you need me, | 如果有事 |
[06:02] | I will listening to a podcast about murder. | 我在那边听关于谋杀案的播客 |
[06:05] | 90 minutes on the dot. I should write a book. | 还真是90分钟 我该去出书了 |
[06:10] | What up? | 怎么了 |
[06:11] | Hey, how’s it going with Dad? | 和爸爸玩的开心吗 |
[06:13] | It’s great. It’s… so great. | 很棒 超棒 |
[06:16] | We’re having the best time. | 我们玩的超开心 |
[06:18] | I can’t help you if you keep crying like this. | 要是你一直这样哭我可就没办法了 |
[06:21] | How’s it going with Mom? | 和妈妈玩的开心吗 |
[06:22] | Sarah, were these walls painted this color | 萨拉 是不是你搬进来的时候 |
[06:24] | when you moved in? I can’t picture choosing it. | 墙就是这个颜色了 这不会是你选的吧 |
[06:28] | She’s so good with the kids. | 她对付孩子超有一套 |
[06:30] | Totally. It’s like, grandparent time | 真的是 感觉祖孙时刻 |
[06:32] | is the best, right? | 就是最快乐的时光 对吧 |
[06:33] | Speaking of, Camila deserves some grandma time, | 说到这个 卡米拉应该跟爷爷奶奶相处一下 |
[06:36] | so I thought I could drop her off at your place. | 所以我想着可以把她送过来 |
[06:38] | Oh, okay, you know, | 好吧 |
[06:40] | actually, I was thinking we could bring Dad to you. | 其实 我在想可以把爸爸送到你那里去 |
[06:42] | You know, he could do some science experiments | 他可以跟凯文和沙米亚一起 |
[06:44] | with Kelvin and Shamiah. That’d be fun, right? | 搞些科学实验 肯定很好玩 对吧 |
[06:46] | Well, you’re trying to pass her off on me. | 你是想把妈妈丢给我 |
[06:48] | You’re trying to pass him off on me | 你是想把爸爸丢给我 |
[06:49] | Okay, fine, | 好吧 |
[06:51] | Mom is starting to annoy me a little bit. | 妈妈让我开始有点烦躁了 |
[06:53] | Dad’s supposed to be taking care of the kids, | 本来爸爸应该照顾孩子的 |
[06:54] | but we’re taking care of him. | 结果是我们照顾他 |
[06:56] | We were so jealous that Connor was the favorite, | 我们太嫉妒康纳是爸妈最疼爱的娃 |
[06:58] | we forgot what it’s actually like when Mom and Dad visit. | 都忘记他们来我们家是什么样子的了 |
[07:01] | Oh, and here’s | 瞧 |
[07:03] | their favorite child now. hang on. | 他们的最爱打电话来了 先别挂 |
[07:04] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[07:05] | How’s it going with Mom and Dad? | 跟爸妈相处得怎么样啊 |
[07:07] | It’s, like, the best. | 简直太棒了 |
[07:09] | My heart is so full. | 我特别满足 |
[07:10] | Good. Then you’re gonna love this. | 很好 那你们肯定喜欢这个 |
[07:12] | So I felt bad about hogging all the grandparent time. | 一直占用所有的祖孙时光我觉得不好 |
[07:15] | So I was thinking, you know, | 所以我在想啊 |
[07:16] | we’re all together in the Bay Area now. | 现在我们都住在海湾区 |
[07:18] | We love it when Mom and Dad drive in to visit, | 我们都喜欢爸妈开车来看我们 |
[07:20] | but it’s two hours both ways. | 可是来回开车都要两个小时呢 |
[07:22] | So what if I buy them a little place in the city? | 要不我就在城里给他们买套房 |
[07:25] | I’m sorry, what’s happening? | 不好意思 你说啥 |
[07:26] | Wait, like, buy them an apartment? | 等等 给他们买套房 |
[07:28] | Yeah, right between all three of us. | 对 就在我们三家中间 |
[07:30] | What an amazing thing | 当着大家的面 |
[07:31] | to propose in front of everyone. | 提这个想法真是不错 |
[07:33] | You would do that? | 你愿意这样做吗 |
[07:34] | That’s our Conny! | 这才是我们的乖康宝 |
[07:36] | Yes, so I found the perfect place | 嗯 我刚看到一个绝佳的地方 |
[07:38] | that just came on the market. | 刚好出售 |
[07:39] | But this is San Francisco real estate, hombres. | 不过这可是旧金山房地产业 伙计们 |
[07:41] | Okay? We gotta act fast. | 我们必须尽快下手 |
[07:42] | So Mom and Dad would, like… | 这样爸妈就可以 |
[07:44] | v-v–like, visit more? | 经常来看我们 |
[07:46] | No, it wouldn’t be visiting, Tommy. | 不 不是看望 汤米 |
[07:48] | We’d live here. | 我们就住在这儿 |
[07:50] | It’d be grandparent time all the time. | 那就一直可以跟孙子们玩啦 |
[07:58] | Ta-da! Oh, it’s wonderful. | 太漂亮了 |
[07:59] | And there’s even a breakfast nook. | 甚至还有专门吃早餐的角落呢 |
[08:00] | Oh, your mother loves her nooks. | 你妈最喜欢她的小角落了 |
[08:02] | I must have inherited that, because I, too, love a nook. | 我肯定遗传了她 因为我也喜欢 |
[08:06] | It’s like a dream, isn’t it? | 简直就像梦想成真了对吧 |
[08:08] | Having your parents so close by. | 让你们父母住在附近 |
[08:09] | It’s like–yes, | 就像 对 |
[08:11] | it’s like I can’t believe this is happening. | 我简直不敢相信这是真的 |
[08:12] | Yes, it’s, like, “Ah, wake up.” | 是啊 我都想掐一下自己 |
[08:14] | I mean, we would practically be neighbors. | 这样我们基本上就算邻居了 |
[08:16] | But you’d still keep the place in Sacramento, right? | 不过你们萨克拉门托的家还是会留着吧 |
[08:18] | Why would we when we can be | 反正一直跟你们一起 |
[08:19] | with you guys all the time? | 干嘛还留着那个房子 |
[08:21] | You’d sell our childhood home? | 你要卖了我们童年的家吗 |
[08:23] | So many good memories there… I assume. | 那么多美好回忆 我想是 |
[08:25] | Well, there was some bad ones. | 也有很多不好的回忆啊 |
[08:27] | Super Bowl XLVII, Niners lost to the Ravens. | 第47期超级碗 四九人队输给了乌鸦队 |
[08:30] | It was tough for me to go back in the TV room ever since. | 从那以后我就不想进有电视的那间房了 |
[08:34] | So what do you say, lock it down? | 那么你们觉得怎么样 定下来吗 |
[08:36] | Well, it’s so nice. | 这里是很棒 |
[08:38] | But these hardwood floors are just–whoa. | 不过这些硬木地板 |
[08:41] | They are so slippery. | 太滑了 |
[08:42] | I mean, Mom, with your smooth feet– | 妈妈 你那么光滑的脚 |
[08:44] | Hey, that’s why I married her. | 嘿 就因为这个我才娶她的 |
[08:46] | What? | 啥 |
[08:47] | The only defect about this place | 这地方唯一的缺陷 |
[08:49] | is that it is too adorable. | 就是它太可爱了 |
[08:51] | Yeah, guys, what is the concern? | 对啊 你们在担心什么呢 |
[08:53] | People are putting in offers as we speak. | 就这会儿很多人都申请来看房呢 |
[08:55] | I guess it’s because they don’t know the truth | 我想可能是因为他们不知道 |
[08:57] | about this building. I heard it on a podcast. | 有关这栋楼的真相 我在播客上听到的 |
[08:59] | This place… it’s the site of the Kasendorf Murders. | 这地方就是卡森多夫谋杀案的现场 |
[09:03] | What? | 啥 |
[09:05] | No, no, no, no, there were no murders here. | 不不不 这里没有什么谋杀案 |
[09:07] | Oh, yeah, I felt, like, a negative energy | 是啊 我们刚进来时 |
[09:10] | when we walked in here, and that explains it. | 我也感受到了负能量 这就说得通了 |
[09:12] | Yep. Triple killing, 1968. | 对 三重谋杀 1968年发生的 |
[09:15] | This place was built in 1975. | 这个地方是1975年才修建的 |
[09:17] | That’s the creepiest part. | 这才是最恐怖的地方 |
[09:18] | But hold on, hold on. | 慢着慢着 |
[09:21] | Don’t we get a discount for that kind of thing? | 发生这种事可以打折吗 |
[09:23] | Okay. | 好了 |
[09:24] | Let’s be clear. No murders. | 我说清楚 没有谋杀 |
[09:27] | Lots of interest for other buyers, though. | 不过对这个公寓感兴趣的人多了去了 |
[09:29] | Whoa, pressure tactics much? | 压力激将法哈 |
[09:31] | This one’s a shark. | 这人真厉害 |
[09:32] | Guys, I say we put in a bid, | 我觉得我们出个价 |
[09:34] | no matter how many people got murdered here. | 不管这里发生过多少谋杀 |
[09:35] | Great! No murders, but great! | 太好了 没有谋杀案 不过出价吧 |
[09:38] | Could we see the bedroom? | 能看看卧室吗 |
[09:39] | I need, like, six or seven wall outlets available. | 我需要墙上有六七个插座吧 |
[09:43] | Okay. | 行 |
[09:44] | This way, please. No murders. | 这边请 没有谋杀 |
[09:48] | Okay. What is going on? | 到底怎么回事 |
[09:49] | This place is perfect for them. | 这个地方非常适合他们啊 |
[09:51] | It is. And… | 的确 |
[09:53] | God it’d be great for Mom and Dad | 爸妈能离我们近一点 |
[09:54] | to live much, much closer. But– | 真的是太好了 但是 |
[10:01] | Yes, but. Definitely a “but.” | 但是 肯定有转折 |
[10:03] | Here’s the thing, I love ice cream. | 是这样 我喜欢吃冰淇淋 |
[10:06] | You know, I’m–I’m like an ice cream guy… | 知道吗 我就是个冰淇淋娃 |
[10:07] | Who doesn’t love ice cream? | 谁不喜欢冰淇淋啊 |
[10:09] | But if I had ice cream all day, every day, | 但是如果我整天吃 天天吃 |
[10:12] | it might that after a while, | 可能过一段时间 |
[10:14] | ice cream gets a little irritating. | 我就厌烦冰淇淋了 |
[10:17] | It would make you sick. Yeah. | 会让你觉得讨厌 对 |
[10:19] | And I don’t wanna get sick from ice cream. | 我不想讨厌冰淇淋 |
[10:20] | I wanna love ice cream, you know, | 我要爱冰淇淋 你懂吗 |
[10:22] | in moderation. | 适量地 |
[10:23] | What are you talking about? | 你在说啥呢 |
[10:25] | There’s no such thing as too much ice cream. | 你不可能吃那么多冰淇淋 |
[10:27] | Connor, it’s not about the ice cream. | 康纳 不是说冰淇淋的事 |
[10:28] | In college, I, one time, ate | 大学时 有一次 |
[10:30] | 16 pints of ice cream in one night. | 我一晚上吃了16品脱的冰淇淋 |
[10:32] | For, like, a fraternity thing? | 为了加入兄弟会吗 |
[10:34] | What? | 啥 |
[10:35] | Okay. The point is, we should visit | 问题是 我们应该 |
[10:37] | Mom and Dad more, and they should visit us more. | 经常去看爸妈 他们也可以经常来看我们 |
[10:39] | But if they live here, | 可是他们要是住在这里 |
[10:41] | that would cause more problems than it solves. | 造成的麻烦比解决的问题还多 |
[10:42] | But then they could visit us all equally. | 可是这样他们就可以平均地来看我们 |
[10:45] | And you guys wouldn’t think I’m the favorite. | 你们就不会觉得我是他们的最爱了 |
[10:46] | Oh, come on, man, you don’t think | 得了吧 你觉得 |
[10:48] | if you buy them this apartment, | 给他们买个公寓 |
[10:49] | it’s gonna make them favor you even more? | 他们不会更加偏爱你吗 |
[10:51] | You always do this. | 你总是这样 |
[10:52] | You’re buying them all this stuff– | 给他们买这买那 |
[10:53] | you’re buying their love. | 你是在买他们的爱 |
[10:55] | Well, how else am I supposed to get it? | 不然我怎么办 |
[11:00] | Of course I have to buy their love. | 我当然得花钱买啊 |
[11:02] | I don’t have your skills, Tom. | 我没有你那种技术 汤姆 |
[11:04] | I’ve never won a Pulitzer. | 我又没得过普利策奖 |
[11:05] | Well, I mean, it was a special citation | 那是明尼苏达州 |
[11:08] | from the Minnesota Book Critics Association. | 书评人协会的特别嘉奖 |
[11:11] | The only thing I’ve written | 我唯一写过的就是红迪网上 |
[11:12] | is a Reddit thread about stonks. | 一篇关于炮火的链式消息 |
[11:15] | And Sarah, you’re like the perfect daughter. | 萨拉 你就是完美女儿 |
[11:17] | You’re always, like, volunteering and doing work | 你总是自告奋勇 主动做各种事情 |
[11:20] | that actually helps the community, | 真正帮到社区邻里 |
[11:21] | while I, occasionally, am harming it. | 而我呢 还偶尔伤害社区 |
[11:24] | You’re exaggerating. No, seriously. | – 你太夸张了 – 不是 说真的 |
[11:26] | I once invested in a startup | 我有次投资了一家创业公司 |
[11:28] | that helped people bedazzle their assault weapons. | 帮助人们伪装他们的致命武器 |
[11:30] | And one of my companies in Latvia | 我在拉脱维亚还有一家公司 |
[11:31] | does, like, really shady stuff. | 做那种见不得人的勾当 |
[11:33] | Even I was like, “Can we do this?” | 连我都要问 这能做吗 |
[11:35] | Probably shouldn’t be telling us this. | 这些最好别跟我们说 |
[11:37] | So yes, of course, I have to buy their love. | 所以 我当然要花钱买他们的爱 |
[11:40] | You guys make them proud. | 你们让他们骄傲 |
[11:42] | I make them reservations and mimosas. | 我就负责给他们提供各种生活所需 |
[11:44] | Connor, they would love you even if you were poor. | 康纳 就算你没钱他们也会爱你的 |
[11:46] | Ew, don’t say that. | 别那么说 |
[11:48] | I thought this would make you guys feel better, | 我本来以为这样会让你们好受一点 |
[11:50] | but in hindsight, I can see how, you know, | 不过现在想想 我看出来了 |
[11:53] | buying them an apartment with a freaking sweet nook | 给他们买个房 还有那么可爱的小角落 |
[11:55] | would only make you feel worse. | 只会让你们更难受 |
[11:58] | The nook is off the hook. | 跟小角落没关系 |
[12:00] | I just–I got a little carried away. | 我就是 有点大意了 |
[12:01] | So I’ll go call it off. | 那我就不买了 |
[12:02] | And maybe you’re right, you know? | 也许你们是对的 |
[12:04] | Maybe there’s an upside | 也许保持一点距离 |
[12:05] | to having a little bit of distance. | 其实还是挺有好处的 |
[12:07] | Connor, if we’d live here, | 康纳 我们要是住在这里 |
[12:08] | we could help you find a new girlfriend! | 就可以帮你重新找个女朋友 |
[12:10] | Yeah, I’ll be your wingman! | 对 我可以当你的僚机 |
[12:12] | Yep, distance is good. | 对 距离产生美 |
[12:13] | This has turned | 这真是 |
[12:15] | into a wonderful surprise. | 变成一个意外的惊喜 |
[12:18] | Moving to the city was not on my bingo card. | 搬进城里这件事可不在我的宾果卡上 |
[12:20] | Hey, Conny, you went above and beyond, big guy. | 康妮 你真是超越自我啊 大块头 |
[12:25] | So what do you think, big guy? | 那么你怎么想呢 大块头 |
[12:31] | You guys wanna check out the bathroom with me? | 你们俩跟我去看看卫生间行吗 |
[12:34] | What happened? I thought you were calling it off. | 怎么了 你不是说取消了吗 |
[12:35] | I can’t. They were so excited. | 不行啊 他们那么激动 |
[12:37] | If I bail, I’ll be their least favorite. | 如果我取消了 我就成了他们最不爱的了 |
[12:39] | Just tell them you’re reconsidering | 你就告诉他们你再考虑考虑 |
[12:40] | and is actually not that great an apartment. | 其实这个公寓也没那么好 |
[12:42] | Yeah, the bathroom barely fits five people. | 对呀 卫生间基本上容不下五个人 |
[12:45] | Unless… someone else takes it away from them. | 除非 这公寓被别人买走 |
[12:48] | I need the room. | 你们出去 |
[12:49] | You can’t wait ’til you get home? | 你就不能回家再上厕所吗 |
[12:50] | Just go. | 快出去 |
[12:54] | Well, are you gonna-Ow! | 你是要 |
[12:55] | Oh, Jesus. | 天哪 |
[12:57] | Hello? | 喂 |
[12:59] | ‘Allo. | 阿罗 |
[13:00] | Cheerio, cheerio, yeah. | 你好你好 |
[13:01] | This is Nigel Brimble-Goggin. | 我是奈吉尔·卜林伯·高金 |
[13:05] | Now, I’ve seen you have an apartment | 我看到你有个公寓要卖 |
[13:07] | I simply must acquire. Mm-hmm. | 我想买下来 |
[13:09] | Well, you see, I’m actually new to America, | 是这样 我刚到美国 |
[13:12] | and I need to find a place to live while I go on holiday. | 在我旅行期间我想找个地方住下来 |
[13:14] | I see. Right. | 知道了 |
[13:16] | Money’s no object. Well, I already have a buyer. | – 钱不是问题 – 我已经有个买家了 |
[13:19] | You know, I’m willing to go over the asking price. | 我愿意高出对方的报价 |
[13:22] | Over the asking price? | 高出对方的报价 |
[13:23] | When a Brimble-Goggin sees something he wants, | 卜林伯·高金看上的东西 |
[13:25] | he’s gotta have it. | 必须搞到手 |
[13:27] | That does not sound good. | 听起来不太妙啊 |
[13:29] | Well, maybe it’s a blessing in disguise. | 也许这是因祸得福 |
[13:31] | Yeah, you don’t wanna live inside a murder building, | 你不会想住在凶案大楼里的 |
[13:33] | especially if the victims were found inside the walls. | 尤其是受害者还是在墙里被发现的 |
[13:35] | Whoo, too far, too far. They need to know. | – 扯远了 – 得告诉他们 |
[13:37] | So we have another bidder. | 所以有其他买家了 |
[13:39] | And he’s quite aggressive. | 而且他势在必得 |
[13:40] | Aw, fudge! Oh, dear. | 胡扯 天啊 |
[13:42] | San Francisco real estate, the worst. | 旧金山的房地产 最糟糕了 |
[13:45] | I was just checking out the tiles. | 我刚在检查瓷砖 |
[13:46] | Did some unexpected event just take place? | 刚刚发生了什么意想不到的事情吗 |
[13:48] | Connor, we may not be moving. | 康纳 我们可能不会搬了 |
[13:50] | There is another bidder. No! | 还有其他买家 不 |
[13:52] | Yeah, from a very pushy man. | 是啊 一个很强势的人 |
[13:54] | New Zealand? I can’t place his accent. | 新西兰的吗 我听不出他的口音 |
[13:56] | Yeah, probably British. | 是的 可能英国人 |
[13:58] | I don’t think so. | 我觉得不是 |
[13:59] | Maybe like a South London | 也许是伦敦南区 |
[14:00] | kind of vibe? | 那片的 |
[14:01] | Notting Hill? No. | 诺丁山 不是 |
[14:03] | Yeah, he’s probably Scottish. | 他可能是苏格兰人 |
[14:04] | I think that’s British, too, right? | 我想那也是英国 对吧 |
[14:05] | Marshall, I need that nook. | 马歇尔 我要那块地方 |
[14:07] | Okay, sweetie. What do you think, Conny? | 好的 亲爱的 你觉得呢 小康 |
[14:10] | Let’s show this kiwi who’s boss. | 让这个新西兰人看看谁才是老大 |
[14:11] | Let’s take what he’s asking, raise him five large. | 按照他的要求 再加五千 |
[14:21] | The truth is… | 事实上 |
[14:25] | I gotta call his bluff! | 可以把他吓走了 |
[14:28] | Yes. Yes. | 是的 是的 |
[14:29] | I will tell Mr. Brimble-Goggin that he has been outbid. | 我会告诉卜林伯·高金先生有人出价高于他 |
[14:33] | “Brimble-Goggin”? | 卜林伯·高金 |
[14:34] | He sounds British to me. | 我觉得他听起来像英国人 |
[14:35] | Hey, can I talk to you for a sec? | 我能跟你说句话吗 |
[14:36] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[14:37] | What’s going on, man? | 发生什么事了 |
[14:39] | I was trying to buy it out from under myself. | 我想自己买下它 |
[14:41] | But I can’t just give up in front of Mom and Dad. | 但我不能在爸妈面前放弃 |
[14:43] | I gotta make it look like | 我得让它看起来 |
[14:45] | I’m putting up a fight against the other guy. | 我在和另一个人竞争 |
[14:47] | You are the other guy! | 你就是那个家伙 |
[14:49] | Mm-hmm, and this negotiation | 这次商谈会 |
[14:50] | is about to get real interesting. | 变得非常有趣 |
[14:52] | Excuse me. | 请原谅 |
[14:53] | I gotta go do more bathroom stuff. | 我得再去趟洗手间 |
[14:55] | When Conny has to go, he really has to go. | 小康说去必须得去 |
[14:58] | Yeah, he gets it from me. | 是啊 他遗传我的 |
[15:00] | One clam, I am done-zo. | 一等就得尿裤子 |
[15:03] | Oh, crikey! | 哎呀 |
[15:05] | Well, if that’s the case, | 如果是这样的话 |
[15:07] | I guess I must raise my bid as well! | 我想我必须提高我的出价 |
[15:10] | I simply must own that apartment, | 我必须拥有那套公寓 |
[15:12] | which is what we here in South Kensington | 我们南肯辛顿的人称之为 |
[15:14] | call a “flat.” | 公寓 |
[15:16] | Gee, I hope this works out. | 天啊 我希望这能行得通 |
[15:18] | Yeah. It’s a great idea | 是的 康纳的主意 |
[15:19] | from Connor. Yeah. | – 很棒 – 是的 |
[15:20] | Another great idea from Connor. | 康纳的另一个好主意 |
[15:22] | Oh, Tommy, who cares whose idea it was? | 汤米 谁在乎是谁的主意 |
[15:25] | This could be a wonderful place. | 这个地方很棒 |
[15:26] | The kids could sleep over. | 孩子们可以在这里过夜 |
[15:28] | We can put their artwork on that wall over there, | 我们可以把他们的作品挂在那边的墙上 |
[15:30] | like Shamiah’s watercolors. | 就像沙米亚的水彩画一样 |
[15:32] | Aw, Mom. | 妈妈 |
[15:33] | Tommy, I’m thinking… | 汤米 我在想 |
[15:35] | we could use the top shelf | 我们可以用这些 |
[15:37] | on these built-ins to display all your novels. | 嵌入式书架的顶层来展示你所有的小说 |
[15:40] | Really? Yeah. | – 真的吗 – 是的 |
[15:41] | And then, down here, we’d put John Grisham. | 然后 在下面这里 我们放约翰·格里森姆的东西 |
[15:43] | You’d put me above Grisham? | 你把我排在格里森姆之上 |
[15:46] | Absolutely. Mur and I are so proud of you. | 当然 我和米尔都为你感到骄傲 |
[15:49] | I brag about you on Facebook. | 我在脸书上吹嘘你 |
[15:50] | There’s a special emoji for books. | 书上有个特别的表情符号 |
[15:53] | It’s like a little pile of books. | 就像是一堆书 |
[15:54] | Yeah, and you too, Sarah. | 你也是 莎拉 |
[15:56] | You have got such a great heart. | 你心地善良 |
[15:57] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[15:59] | I have no idea where that came from. | 我不知道这遗传的谁 |
[16:01] | I, myself, have not volunteered since Hands Across America. | 我自己 自携手美国活动之后就没做过志愿者了 |
[16:04] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[16:05] | Wow, we always just assumed | 我们一直以为康纳 |
[16:07] | that Connor was the favorite. | 是最受喜爱的 |
[16:09] | Yeah, he’s got all the money, you know, he’s the baby. | 是的 他有很多钱 他很受宠 |
[16:11] | I mean, how can we compete with that? | 我是说 我们怎么能和他争呢 |
[16:13] | Well, he is the baby. | 他就是受宠 |
[16:14] | But that only means he needs us more. | 但那只说明他更需要我们 |
[16:17] | We love all of you equally. | 我们一样地爱你们所有人 |
[16:19] | And that goes for you two as well. | 你俩也一样 |
[16:20] | Oh. We are delighted | 我们很高兴 |
[16:22] | to have you both as daughters-in-law. | 你俩能做我们的儿媳 |
[16:23] | Well, thank you, Dad. | 谢谢你 爸爸 |
[16:27] | And I am very proud | 我很荣幸能 |
[16:29] | to share the Hayworth name with you both. | 和你们共享海沃斯这个名字 |
[16:31] | That is so sweet, honestly. | 真是太贴心了 真的 |
[16:33] | But you know, Sarah and I created our own last name. | 但莎拉和我创造了我们自己的姓氏 |
[16:36] | Yeah, I don’t understand that, so… | 我不知道呢 那么 |
[16:38] | Okay, bring it in. Come on. | 好吧 过来吧 |
[16:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:42] | Come on, everybody. | 大家一起来 |
[16:44] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[16:46] | Oh, that feels good. | 感觉不错 |
[16:49] | Yeah. Let’s check on Rachel, | 是的 我们去看看瑞秋 |
[16:51] | see what’s going on. | 看看怎么样了 |
[16:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:56] | So-Yeah… | – 所以 – 嗯 |
[16:58] | I mean… Yeah… | – 我是说 – 嗯 |
[17:00] | I told you guys | 我告诉过你们 |
[17:01] | it might be a good idea to have them closer. | 让他们住近点也许是个好主意 |
[17:02] | Oh, please. You were just as much | 拜托 你和我们一样 |
[17:04] | a part of this as we were. Please. | 参与其中 拜托 |
[17:05] | You know what? The kids would love it, | 你们知道吗 孩子们会喜欢的 |
[17:07] | and we might like it too. | 我们可能也会喜欢 |
[17:12] | Oh my god, Connor! | 天啊 康纳 |
[17:14] | Hey, Connor? Buddy? | 康纳 兄弟 |
[17:16] | Are you almost done in there? | 你结束了吗 |
[17:17] | Almost! | 差不多 |
[17:19] | No really, whatever you’re doing in there, | 真的 不管你在里面做什么 |
[17:20] | you need to hit pause, okay? | 你得暂停一下 好吗 |
[17:22] | Just one second! I’m actually using it now! | 只是等一下 我现在真的尿尿呢 |
[17:27] | So it’s over? | 结束了吗 |
[17:28] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[17:29] | The other buyer wired a down payment. | 另一个买家电汇了定金 |
[17:31] | I think he’s Dutch. | 我想他是荷兰人 |
[17:33] | The loo is all yours, Tom. | 汤姆 厕所归你了 |
[17:34] | Excuse me, guys. I have to call my office. | 对不起 各位 我得给办公室打个电话 |
[17:37] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[17:38] | Well, this has been a roller coaster kind of a day. | 今天真是像坐过山车一样 |
[17:41] | Yeah. I’m sorry, Mom. | 是的 对不起 妈妈 |
[17:43] | Oh, hey, Tommy, it’s not your fault. | 汤米 这不是你的错 |
[17:45] | Well… | 好吧 |
[17:48] | You guys are doing a really good job | 你们表现得真的 |
[17:49] | of acting upset. | 很沮丧啊 |
[17:51] | We are upset. | 我们是很沮丧 |
[17:52] | Yeah, wow, very convincing. | 是的 很有说服力 |
[17:54] | Maybe you could find them another place nearby? | 也许你可以在附近另外给他们找个地方 |
[17:57] | Yeah, totally. | 当然 完全可以 |
[18:00] | Why are we still going with this? | 我们为什么还要这么做 |
[18:01] | What is this, like, a bit? | 这是怎么回事 |
[18:02] | Well, I guess we just kind of realized | 我想我们只是意识到 |
[18:04] | that we’ve always got room for ice cream, you know. | 我们总是有吃冰淇淋的地方 |
[18:08] | What? | 什么 |
[18:10] | After all this, now you guys love ice cream? | 经历了这么多 你们居然喜欢冰淇淋了 |
[18:12] | Okay, we always loved ice cream. | 好吧 我们一直很喜欢冰淇淋 |
[18:14] | We just lost sight of the whole ice cream picture. | 我们只是看不见冰淇淋的全貌 |
[18:16] | Look, Connor, we just had | 康纳 我们刚刚 |
[18:17] | a really heartfelt encounter with ice cream. | 认认真真地想了冰淇淋这件事 |
[18:19] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[18:20] | Well, while you guys were out here, | 当你们在这里就冰淇淋的事 |
[18:22] | having an emotional breakthrough about ice cream, | 进行情感上的突破时 |
[18:24] | I’m in the bathroom | 我在卫生间里 |
[18:25] | dropping a ridiculous amount of money on cones! | 花了一大笔钱买这个公寓 |
[18:29] | But here you all go again. | 但你们又来了 |
[18:31] | Can you stop arguing for once? | 你们能不能别吵了 |
[18:33] | Mom, this doesn’t concern you. | 妈妈 这与你无关 |
[18:34] | They keep changing their stance on a dessert. | 他们在吃甜点时总是改变立场 |
[18:36] | Oh, please! Okay, oh, ho, ho, ho. | 拜托 好吧 |
[18:38] | Mur, I think it’s time we headed on home. | 米尔 我觉得我们该回家了 |
[18:40] | Yeah, I think it’s that time. | 是的 我想是时候了 |
[18:42] | “That time”? What time? | 那个时候 是什么时候 |
[18:43] | There comes a time | 到一个时间点 |
[18:44] | in which the five of you start to become a lot. | 你们五个开始变得难以对付时 |
[18:50] | Oh, us. We’re a lot. | 我们难以对付 |
[18:52] | We can be a lot? | 我们会难以对付吗 |
[18:54] | What happened to all that stuff | 不是说好为 |
[18:55] | about being proud of us? | 我们感到骄傲的吗 |
[18:57] | Well, we are. But, all of this–this– | 我们是 但是 这一切 |
[18:59] | Maybe moving closer together isn’t a great idea. | 也许搬得更近一点不是个好主意 |
[19:02] | We’ll just drive up on the weekends. | 我们就周末开车过来看你们 |
[19:04] | Yeah, let me explain it this way. | 是啊 我这样解释一下 |
[19:05] | I love hamburgers. I’m a big hamburger guy. | 我喜欢汉堡包 我是个汉堡迷 |
[19:09] | But if I had to eat a hamburger– | 但如果要我吃汉堡 |
[19:11] | You know what, Dad? Dad, we get it. | 你知道吗 爸爸 我们懂了 |
[19:13] | Okay, people, this place is off the market. | 好了 各位 这地方已经不卖了 |
[19:16] | You are officially trespassing. | 你们这是非法入侵 |
[19:18] | Now, you don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here. | 你们可以不回家 但不能待在这里 |
[19:23] | I never trusted her. | 我从不相信她 |
[19:24] | In the Hayworth family, | 在海沃斯家族 |
[19:26] | everyone liked ice cream. | 每个人都喜欢冰淇淋 |
[19:28] | But they agreed that sometimes, | 但他们一致认为 |
[19:29] | the best ice cream… | 有时 最好的冰淇淋 |
[19:31] | Like I said, negative energy. | 就像我说的 满满负能量 |
[19:33] | Is the kind you have to drive | 你得开两小时的车 |
[19:34] | two hours away to get. | 才能到 |
[19:35] | Bollocks. Just lost a lot of quid. | 糟糕 刚丢了一大笔钱 |
[19:39] | Hey, quid means money, right, in British? | 嘿 英镑在英国是钱的意思 对吧 |
[19:45] | So there were actually no murders in the building? | 所以这栋楼里没有谋杀吗 |
[19:46] | I mean, I kind of assume there’s been murders | 我是说 我觉得到处 |
[19:48] | everywhere at some point or another. | 都发生过谋杀 |
[19:52] | I mean, I am feeling negative energy here. | 我的意思是 我是感觉到了满满负能量 |
[19:56] | Sorry to hear about the flats, old chap. | 很遗憾听到公寓的事 老伙计 |
[19:58] | Maybe you can find a way to back out of the deal. | 也许你能找到取消交易的办法 |
[20:00] | Nah, my Zillow buddy told me | 没有 我在房地产方面的朋友 |
[20:02] | that they’re putting in a new development, | 告诉我他们在建一个新楼盘 |
[20:03] | like two blocks away, some high-end outdoor mall | 就在两个街区外 一个高端户外购物中心 |
[20:07] | with, like, a pan-Asian night market. | 一个亚洲区的夜市 |
[20:09] | So in a year, that place will be worth twice what I paid. | 一年后 那地方的价值会是我付的两倍 |
[20:11] | So we made a huge mistake, | 所以我们犯了个大错误 |
[20:13] | and you’re still making a profit. | 而你还在盈利 |
[20:14] | Funny how that works, huh? | 真有趣 是吧 |
[20:16] | Yeah. Well, I don’t know. | 是的 我不知道 |
[20:18] | Maybe since we came up with the idea, | 既然我们想到了这个主意 |
[20:19] | we could be considered, like, co-financers of the thing? | 也许我们可以成为 这个项目的共同投资人 |
[20:23] | Oh, Tom, that’s why you gotta put things in writing. | 汤姆 所以这就是要书面协议的原因 |
[20:25] | Business 101, man. | 基本商业原则 兄弟 |
[20:26] | But– | 但是 |