时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Hot in Cleveland is recored in front of a live studio audience. | 《燃情克利夫兰》是在摄影棚观众前现场录制的 |
[00:12] | Did you know | 你们知道吗 |
[00:13] | Cleveland was originally spelled…C-l-e-a-v-e-l-a-n-d? | 克利夫兰原本的拼写中是多个A字母的 |
[00:18] | For General Moses Cleaveland, | 以创建者摩西·克利夫兰将军的名字命名 |
[00:19] | – See, their dropped the ‘a’…! – Shut up! | -字母A被去掉了… -闭嘴 |
[00:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[00:25] | The nominations for the daytime emmys were just announced. | 日间艾美奖入围名单刚刚公布了 |
[00:28] | All right, who cares, who cares, ah– | 不关心 谁在乎 |
[00:31] | Best actress. Susan lucci… | 最佳女主提名 苏珊·露琪 |
[00:33] | Well-deserved. | 实至名归 |
[00:37] | Crystal Mcallister, nobody, nobody, and… | 克丽丝托·麦卡利斯特 不认识 没听过 |
[00:40] | Victoria Chase! | 维多利亚·蔡斯 |
[00:43] | Good for you. | 太好了 |
[00:44] | Oh, it’s my 16th nomination. Uh, waiter? | 这是我第16次提名 服务员 |
[00:47] | Uh, I realize it’s only 8:00 in the morning, but… | 我知道现在才早上8点 但是… |
[00:49] | we’re celebrating, | 我们要庆祝 |
[00:50] | and I would like some champagne in my orange juice. | 请给我的橙汁配上香槟 |
[00:52] | You mean the usual? | 您是说照旧吗 |
[00:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[00:59] | Although I’ve never won this thing. | 不过我从来没拿过奖 |
[01:01] | And this year, I definitely don’t have a chance. | 今年 更是铁定没机会 |
[01:04] | Crystal Mcallister from The Strong and The Gorgeous | 《傲骨俏佳人》的克丽丝托·麦卡利斯特 |
[01:07] | pulled a really underhanded stunt. | 玩了个很不厚道的噱头 |
[01:09] | What’d she do? | 她做什么了 |
[01:10] | She died. | 死了 |
[01:13] | Aka award magnet. | 这可是吸奖绝招 |
[01:15] | You know I can’t compete with death. | 我哪斗得过死人啊 |
[01:19] | Oh, it’s my son. | 我儿子发的 |
[01:21] | He’s driving back to college from L.A. | 他从洛杉矶开车回大学 |
[01:22] | And I begged him to stop here on the way. | 我求他中途在这里停留一下 |
[01:24] | So he’s gonna be here this afternoon. | 今天下午他就会到了 |
[01:25] | Well, how’s he doing? | 他还好吗 |
[01:27] | You know, I don’t know. He rarely speaks to me. | 我不知道 他很少跟我说话 |
[01:29] | I get the occasional grunt on mother’s day. | 连母亲节都只是敷衍了几句 |
[01:31] | Oh, kids can be so ungrateful. | 儿女们真是没良心 |
[01:34] | I mean, you get them the best nannies money can buy… | 你给他们花最大的价钱请保姆 |
[01:36] | and then they blackmail you with threats to write a Mommie Dearest. | 他们却威胁也要写本《最毒妈妈》来敲诈你 |
[01:36] | 琼·克劳馥的养女写的书 大肆抨击其恶毒 | |
[01:43] | Oh, look who’s back from Hollywood. | 从好莱坞回来啦 |
[01:45] | What was it like doing Brad Pitt’s eyebrows? | 给布拉德·皮特修眉是什么感觉 |
[01:48] | Does he smell like fresh cream on a fine spring morning? | 他的味道是不是像晴朗春日早晨的鲜奶油 |
[01:53] | ‘Cause that’s how I imagine it. | 我怀春的时候幻想到的 |
[01:57] | Elka, celebrities are just like everyone else. | 爱尔卡 大明星也就是个普通人 |
[01:59] | You take that back. | 给我收回这句 |
[02:02] | Oh, I’m just starting to wonder if there isn’t more to life | 我琢磨着 除了给明星去掉眉部杂毛 |
[02:04] | than removing celebrities’ unwanted hair. | 我的悲剧人生还剩下什么 |
[02:06] | I think I’m having a mid-life crisis. | 我觉得自己遇到中年危机了 |
[02:09] | Mid-life? | 中年吗 |
[02:13] | You know, if you really are having a crisis, | 如果你真的觉得有危机 |
[02:15] | maybe you should see a therapist. | 也许应该去看心理医生 |
[02:17] | The only therapy I need is liquid therapy. | 我有酒精治疗就够了 |
[02:21] | Hello. | 你好 |
[02:23] | Victoria got another emmy nomination. | 维多利亚又入围艾美了 |
[02:24] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[02:26] | She can’t win. | 赢不了的 |
[02:27] | She’s up against a dead girl. | 她的对手是一个挂掉的女人 |
[02:31] | You didn’t have Susan Lucci killed, did you? | 你没有把苏珊·露琪宰掉吧 |
[02:33] | No. That was just trash talk. | 没有 我当时就是发发牢骚 |
[02:47] | The oddest thing just happened. | 真是太奇怪了 |
[02:50] | My agent says that there’s this huge internet rumor… | 我的经纪人说 现在网上谣言疯传 |
[02:53] | that I’m dying from some disease called… | 我快死了 得的病叫做.. |
[02:56] | Well, I can’t even remember the name. | 那名字我根本就记不住 |
[02:58] | Flett-giordano syndrome. | 福莱特-乔丹诺症候群 |
[03:01] | And you’re welcome. | 甭客气 |
[03:02] | What? You started the rumor? | 什么 是你造的谣 |
[03:05] | Well, now you can beat the dead girl at her own game. | 是那个死妞先玩阴的 现在你可以赢她了 |
[03:09] | But– | 但是… |
[03:10] | but you can’t just say that I have a disease. | 但你不能随便胡诌我得病了 |
[03:12] | I’ve never even heard of it. | 这病我都没听说过 |
[03:14] | Well, no one has. That’s the beauty of it. | 没人听说过 这才是最高境界 |
[03:19] | Uh, Victoria Chase. | 我是维多利亚·蔡斯 |
[03:21] | Yes, I’ll hold for People magazine. | 当然 我怎么会挂《人物》的电话呢 |
[03:26] | Elka. I need a list of really fun things to do in Cleveland. | 爱尔卡 告诉我克利夫兰有什么好玩的好乐的 |
[03:31] | Will’s coming, and we haven’t really spoken much | 威尔快来了 我和他爸离婚后 |
[03:33] | since the divorce, and I really wanna reconnect with him. | 他就没怎么理我 我要重续母子情 |
[03:35] | So if you were a 20-year-old boy, | 如果你是二十岁的男生 |
[03:37] | what would you wanna do with your mom? | 你会想和你妈妈一起做什么 |
[03:41] | Watch her buy me beer? | 瞅着她给我买啤酒 |
[03:46] | Hey, Joy. Where you been? | 乔依 你去哪里了 |
[03:48] | Okay, don’t go all Melanie on me, | 别跟我来你的长篇大论 |
[03:50] | but I decided to take your suggestion | 不过我听从了你的建议 |
[03:52] | and I met with a couple of potential therapists. | 见了几个候选心理医生 |
[03:56] | How did it go? | 怎么样 |
[03:57] | They’re all so nosy. | 他们都好八卦哦 |
[03:59] | Asking me questions about… | 问东问西的 |
[04:00] | my childhood and feelings and sex… | 什么童年啊 感觉啊 性生活啦 |
[04:03] | and saying I need to come in four times a week. | 还说我一周需要去四次 |
[04:05] | I mean, who can talk about themselves for that long? | 谁有那么多破事儿可说啊 |
[04:08] | And then at age 12, I decided becoming an actress | 我12岁那年 立志成为女演员 |
[04:12] | would be the best way to serve humanity. | 我觉得这是服务人民最好的方式 |
[04:14] | No, no, no, thank you. | 不不 谢谢你 |
[04:16] | Oh, Elka. | 爱尔卡 |
[04:18] | You are a genius. | 你真是天才 |
[04:20] | Elka came up with this internet rumor | 爱尔卡在网上散布谣言说 |
[04:22] | that I have this very, very promotable deadly disease. | 我患上了会日趋严重并且致命的疾病 |
[04:25] | Well, I’m sure nothing could go wrong with that. | 我相信这肯定”不会”惹出麻烦的 |
[04:30] | It’s a text from my agent. | 经纪人的短信 |
[04:32] | Entertainment Weekly and In Style magazine both want me. | 《娱乐周刊》和《风尚》都要采访我 |
[04:38] | Oh, and, and also, | 另外 还有 |
[04:39] | the Flett-giordano syndrome foundation | 福莱特-乔丹诺症候群基金会 |
[04:42] | want to come and meet with me here. | 要到家里来拜访我 |
[04:44] | Oh, well, this will just legitimize the hell out of it. | 这下全世界人民都会深信不疑了 |
[04:48] | What kind of disease is it? | 到底是什么病啊 |
[04:51] | I-I don’t know. Elka? | 我不知道 爱尔卡 |
[04:53] | You know, I’m, I’m happy to lie to win, | 撒个小谎赢个大奖没问题 |
[04:54] | but I-I don’t wanna lose my hair or anything. | 但我可不想搞到秃头出镜什么的 |
[04:57] | – The only symptom is fatigue. – That’s perfect. | -唯一的症状就是疲劳 -太好了 |
[05:00] | I mean, I can play tired in my sleep. | 我在睡梦中都能装累 |
[05:03] | Ah, luckily, this disease hasn’t affected my wit. | 太幸运了 这病没有杀死我的幽默细胞 |
[05:08] | Oh, that’s Will. My baby’s here. | 是威尔 我的儿子来了 |
[05:12] | Hi, honey! | 嗨 宝贝 |
[05:13] | – Hi, just a sec. – Okay. | -嗨 等下 -好的 |
[05:17] | It’s good to see you. | 见到你太开心了 |
[05:23] | Good to see you, sweetie. | 见到你好开心 乖儿子 |
[05:25] | The facial hair makes you look a little | 你留了胡子有点… |
[05:27] | foreign, but cute. | 像老外 不过很可爱 |
[05:29] | Come on in. | 快进来 |
[05:30] | You know Joy and Victoria. | 乔依和维多利亚你都认识的 |
[05:32] | – Hey, Will. – Hi. | -你好 威尔 -你们好 |
[05:33] | Ah, this is Elka Ostrovsky. | 这位是爱尔卡·奥斯特洛夫斯基 |
[05:35] | Nice to meet you, Will. | 很高兴认识你 威尔 |
[05:36] | Nice to meet you too. | 我也很高兴认识你 |
[05:38] | Well, your mom picks up and moves to Cleveland. | 你老妈说搬来克利夫兰就搬来了 |
[05:40] | You must have a million questions. | 你肯定有超多问题要问吧 |
[05:42] | No, I’m good. | 不 我没有 |
[05:44] | I fixed up the guest room for you, | 我为你收拾好了客房 |
[05:45] | but I thought maybe we’d go out to lunch first. | 但我想还是先出去吃午饭吧 |
[05:47] | I kinda just wanna crash, if that’s cool. | 我想先休息下 可以吗 |
[05:49] | Sure. Sure. It’s cool. Very cool. | 当然 可以的 非常可以 |
[05:53] | Do you want me to show you where the room is? | 要我带你去客房吗 |
[05:54] | – I’ll find it. – Yeah. You can find it. | -我自己能找到 -是啊 你自己能找到 |
[05:56] | You’re good like that. | 你很聪明的 |
[05:58] | He can find it. | 他能找到的 |
[05:59] | I hope it’s your daughter | 我希望到时候 |
[06:01] | who’s gonna decide which home to put you in. | 为你养老送终的是你的女儿 |
[06:09] | Well, this is fun. The two of us. | 很开心嘛 我们两个 |
[06:12] | Getting a chance to talk and catch up… | 终于有机会聊聊 叙叙 |
[06:15] | and shoot the breeze. | 侃侃 |
[06:20] | So how’s school? | 学校那边怎么样 |
[06:22] | Good. | 很好 |
[06:25] | Well, you certainly have a lot to say | 看来你有不少话要说 |
[06:28] | to someone. | 对别人说 |
[06:30] | – What? – Nothing. | -什么 -没什么 |
[06:32] | You know. I text. So I get it. | 我也发短信 潮语我都懂 |
[06:34] | Sorry, what did you say, mom? | 不好意思 你说什么 妈 |
[06:36] | You know, LOL. OMG. | 就那些缩写 “笑死我了” “我的天” |
[06:39] | Om– you know what–g. | 我的什么天 |
[06:43] | You know it’s not cursing if you say a letter, mom. | 妈 只说字母不算是脏话 |
[06:46] | Oh, sure. Sure. | 当然了 |
[06:47] | “F.” “F!”… | F F[操] |
[06:53] | You know, honey. | 听我说 儿子 |
[06:55] | We never got a chance to talk about the divorce. | 我们一直没机会说说我和你爸离婚的事 |
[06:57] | And we can do that, if you’d like. | 如果你愿意 我们可以谈谈 |
[07:00] | No, I get it. Stuff happens. I’m good. | 不 我明白 世事无常 不用谈了 |
[07:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:16] | Did you know | 你知道吗 |
[07:18] | that Cleveland was originally spelled c-l-e-a-v-e-l-a-n-d? | 克利夫兰原本的拼写是多个字母A的 |
[07:24] | The Cleveland spelling? | 克利夫兰的拼写 |
[07:25] | You went to that? | 你竟然憋出了这句 |
[07:28] | I was desperate. | 我当时无计可施了 |
[07:30] | And how does that make you feel, Melanie? | 对此你有何感想 梅兰妮 |
[07:35] | What? | 什么 |
[07:36] | It’s an annoying question, isn’t it? | 这问题让人抓狂吧 |
[07:38] | But all the therapists ask it. | 可所有的心理医生都会问 |
[07:40] | I’ve been trying different ones every day. | 我每天见一个 |
[07:42] | It’s a little bit like dating | 有点约会的调调 |
[07:43] | except you’re not trying to hide how crazy you are. | 不过我不用隐藏自己疯狂的本性 |
[07:50] | Hello. All. | 两位 你们好 |
[07:57] | Victoria, are you okay? You look exhausted. | 维多利亚 你还好吗 看起来筋疲力尽的样子 |
[08:00] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[08:04] | I was just making sure | 我确认下效果 |
[08:05] | ’cause the foundation people will be here soon. | 基金会的人马上就来了 |
[08:10] | Oh, that’s Will’s phone. | 威尔的短信 |
[08:12] | Why is it he can talk to everybody else but not to me? | 为什么除了我这个妈 他跟谁都有说不完的话 |
[08:15] | You mustn’t blame yourself. | 千万别责怪自己 |
[08:16] | Now I-I did absolutely everything I could for both my kids. | 我为我那两个孩子也是鞠躬尽瘁死而后已 |
[08:19] | You’ve got three children. | 你有三个孩子 |
[08:25] | Oh, if this phone could only talk. | 如果这手机能说话该多好 |
[08:27] | Well, it can if you want it to. | 你想的话就可以 |
[08:29] | Everything you want to know about Will is right in there. | 你想知道的关于威尔的一切都在手机里 |
[08:32] | His friends, his music, everything. | 他的朋友 他喜欢的音乐 一切 |
[08:36] | No, no, I-I can’t invade his privacy that way. | 不行 我不可以侵犯他的隐私 |
[08:39] | I can. | 我可以 |
[08:41] | No, put that down. Someone’s texting him. | 不行 快放下 有人发短信给他了 |
[08:44] | It’s from Stephanie. | 斯蒂芬妮发的 |
[08:45] | “Did you tell your mom yet? Did she freak?” | 「告诉你妈了吗 她有没有吓傻」 |
[08:50] | Freak? About what? What does he need to tell me? | 吓傻 什么事 有什么事要告诉我 |
[08:53] | Well, find out yourself. | 你自己找答案吧 |
[08:54] | Pretend you’re Will and text her back. | 扮成威尔回复她 |
[08:58] | I shouldn’t do that. | 我不能这么做 |
[09:01] | But as a mother, | 但作为母亲 |
[09:03] | I need to know what’s going on with my son | 为了知道儿子出什么事了 |
[09:04] | by any means possible, right? | 可以不择手段 对吗 |
[09:05] | – Indeed you do. – Absolutely. | -的确 -完全同意 |
[09:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:13] | “How should I tell her?” | “我该怎么跟她说” |
[09:18] | Oh, I shouldn’t have done that. | 我不该这么做的 |
[09:19] | I just totally violated his privacy. | 我完全侵犯了他的隐私 |
[09:21] | I am done with this. | 我不会再犯了 |
[09:23] | Ooh, she texted back. | 她回复了 |
[09:27] | “Why are you texting like an old lady?” | 「你怎么发个短信跟老女人似的」 |
[09:33] | Ah, you shouldn’t have spelled everything correctly. | 你不该把所有单词都拼写正确 |
[09:37] | “Just tell her we’re getting married”? | 「直接跟她说我们要结婚了」 |
[09:40] | Oh, my god. | 我的妈呀 |
[09:41] | He’s only 20 years old. | 他才20岁 |
[09:42] | I’ve never even heard of this girl. | 这女孩我都没听说过 |
[09:44] | And how does that make you feel? | 对此你有何感想 |
[09:52] | “My mom got married young | “我妈就是早婚 |
[09:54] | and still regrets it.” | 现在还后悔着呢” |
[09:58] | That ought to do it. | 这样应该可以了 |
[10:02] | “Are you trying to tell me something?” | 「你到底想说什么」 |
[10:03] | What, is she stupid? | 这都不懂 她蠢吗 |
[10:08] | “Just that we should slow down.” | “我们还是别太冲动了” |
[10:14] | “I h8 u, d’bag.” | 「我H8你 D包」 |
[10:19] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[10:21] | Well, 8 could be ate. Like, “I ate something.” | 8可能是吃的谐音 比如说我吃了什么 |
[10:25] | And d’bag is like da bomb? | D包是不是说好酷 |
[10:29] | I hate you, douche bag. | 意思是「我恨你 臭屎包」 |
[10:41] | What am I gonna do? | 我该怎么办 |
[10:42] | I-I broke them up. He’s gonna hate me. | 我害他们分手了 他会恨我的 |
[10:44] | Oh, Will. Hi, honey. | 威尔 回来啦 |
[10:47] | Is that my phone in your pocket? | 你口袋里是我的手机吗 |
[10:48] | Or are you just happy to see me? | 还是见到我太兴奋了 |
[10:48] | 改自”你口袋里是装了把手枪 还是见到我太性奋了” | |
[10:52] | Oh, god, that’s all kinds of wrong. | 老天 这下流话真是太不合适了 |
[10:55] | Uh, no. Mine. | 不 是我的手机 |
[10:57] | – Okay, I’m gonna go shower. – Okay. | -好吧 我去冲凉了 -好的 |
[11:00] | Quick. How do I write her back? | 快 怎么回复 |
[11:02] | Just text her everything we always want to hear. | 我们爱听什么就回什么 |
[11:04] | Yeah, compliment her face without makeup, | 就是啊 夸她素颜很漂亮 |
[11:06] | and tell her it’s the best sex you ever had. | 和她上床的感觉无人能敌 |
[11:09] | This is my son. | 这可是我的儿子 |
[11:12] | Oh, they’re here. | 基金会的人到了 |
[11:13] | All right, uh. | 好了 |
[11:14] | Look, I’d love to stay and help you pretend to be your son, | 我很想继续帮你友情出演你儿子 |
[11:16] | but I have to go pretend I’m dying. | 可我得去友情出演半死不活了 |
[11:27] | Hello. I’m Victoria Chase. | 你们好 我是维多利亚·蔡斯 |
[11:30] | This is Dr. Lori Hernandez. | 这位是洛丽·赫尔南德斯医生 |
[11:32] | I’m Dr. Robert Moore. | 我是罗伯特·穆尔医生 |
[11:34] | It’s a pleasure to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[11:37] | Likewise. | 彼此彼此 |
[11:38] | I’m sorry for staring, | 恕我失礼 这样盯着你 |
[11:39] | but I’m just surprised at how well you look. | 你气色这么好 让我很意外 |
[11:42] | Oh, thank you, but I’m tired. | 谢谢 其实我感觉很累 |
[11:46] | So very tired. Please sit. I know that I need to. | 非常累 请坐 反正我需要坐下了 |
[11:50] | That’s very odd. | 太奇怪了 |
[11:52] | What? | 怎么了 |
[11:53] | You’re not limping at all. | 你完全没有变瘸 |
[11:55] | Limping? | 变瘸 |
[11:56] | It’s the first symptom of flett-giordano. | 这个病的第一个症状就是变瘸 |
[11:58] | Would you just excuse me for just one moment? | 不好意思 我稍稍失陪一下 |
[12:10] | Where’s Elka? | 爱尔卡人呢 |
[12:11] | She said this thing had no symptoms | 她说这个病没什么症状 |
[12:12] | and I’m out there limping around like Dr. House. | 害我在外面友情出演瘸腿豪斯医生 |
[12:18] | Elka said she looked it up on Wikipedia. | 爱尔卡说她查了维基百科的 |
[12:20] | Wikipedia? | 维基百科 |
[12:21] | Wikipedia says that I’m 37. | 维基上还说我芳龄37呢 |
[12:24] | And I should know. I’m the one who “corrected” it. | 我知道 还是我给”纠错”的呢 |
[12:27] | Okay, calm down. | 好了 淡定 |
[12:28] | I’ll look it up online. | 我这就上网再查查 |
[12:33] | I’m terribly sorry. | 真是不好意思 |
[12:37] | So in, in terms of publicity, I was thinking– | 在宣传方面 我想… |
[12:39] | Miss Chase, when exactly were you diagnosed? | 蔡斯小姐 你是何时确诊的 |
[12:43] | Uh, last week. Why? | 上周 有什么问题 |
[12:44] | The most acute symptoms | 主要的严重病症 |
[12:46] | occur within the first week of onset. | 会出现在发病的第一周 |
[12:49] | By now, you should be having trouble with | 到现在为止 你应该已经出现 |
[12:51] | facial drooping, involuntary body spasms, | 面瘫 不可控身体痉挛 |
[12:55] | word slurring, hysteria. | 口齿不清 歇斯底里 |
[12:59] | Boy, this thing is awful. | 老天 介病太折磨银了 |
[13:03] | Yes, it is. | 是啊 |
[13:04] | That’s why we applaud your courage in going public | 所以我们很钦佩你公开病情的勇气 |
[13:06] | with such a disfiguring disease. | 这病可是会导致毁容的 |
[13:08] | Disfiguring? Who said anything about disfiguring? | 灰容 是谁说会灰容的 |
[13:13] | There’s that hysteria. | 歇斯底里的症状出现了 |
[13:15] | Miss Chase, I understand why you’re wearing this scarf, | 蔡斯小姐 我理解你为何戴着丝巾 |
[13:18] | but may we just take a look? | 不过可以让我们看一下吗 |
[13:22] | Listen. | 听着 |
[13:23] | Could you just excuse me for just one more second? | 不好意西 偶要再失陪一下 |
[13:37] | This sucker’s got a lot of symptoms. | 这病的症状可不少 |
[13:40] | No shissh sherlock. | 灰话 |
[13:43] | Good luck faking the goiter. | 甲状腺肿不好扮哦 |
[13:45] | Goiter? | 甲状腺肿 |
[13:47] | Oh, my god. | 天呐 |
[13:48] | That’s why they wanted to see my neck. | 难怪他们要看我的脖子 |
[13:50] | Oh, good lord. | 苍天啊 |
[13:57] | – It worked. – Yay. | -成功了 -太好了 |
[13:58] | She says she loves you and she’s sorry and | 她说爱你 对不起 |
[14:02] | – Oh, she’s sending you a picture. – Yeah?. | -她马上发张照片给你 -是嘛 |
[14:05] | Perky. | 傲然挺立 |
[14:11] | Just erase it. He’s coming. | 快删掉 他来了 |
[14:13] | Done. | 搞定 |
[14:15] | Hey, Will. We found your phone. | 威尔 我们找到你的手机了 |
[14:17] | Oh, awesome, thanks. | 太好了 谢谢 |
[14:19] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[14:21] | What, is something wrong? | 怎么了 有什么问题吗 |
[14:23] | It’s just this girl, Stephanie, I have to break up with. | 我得和这个斯蒂芬妮分手 |
[14:25] | What? | 什么 |
[14:26] | She’s kind of psycho and we dated a couple months. | 她有点神经兮兮的 我们约会了几个月 |
[14:28] | Now she thinks we’re engaged. | 现在她觉得和我订婚了 |
[14:29] | Yeah, because you proposed to her. | 没错 那是因为你向她求婚了 |
[14:33] | Were you spying on my phone? | 你偷看了我的手机吗 |
[14:36] | Oh, honey, yes. | 亲爱的 是的 |
[14:37] | And that’s how I found out you were engaged. | 我就是这样发现你订婚了 |
[14:40] | And I went crazy so I texted back. | 我被吓癫了 就回了短信 |
[14:42] | And then we broke up, | 然后害你们分手了 |
[14:43] | but then we got back together again, | 接着又让你们复合了 |
[14:44] | and now she thinks that you love her more than ever. | 现在她觉得你对她是”山无棱天地合” |
[14:48] | Oh, honey, I just wanted things to be better between us. | 宝贝 我只是想让我们母子关系更融洽些 |
[14:50] | By doing something completely shady. | 通过卑鄙手段吗 |
[14:52] | How could I ever trust you again? | 这让我怎么再信任你 |
[14:55] | Honey. No, Will. I’m sorry. | 宝贝 不 威尔 对不起 |
[15:00] | Well, on the plus side he’s not getting married. | 往好处想 他不会早婚了 |
[15:04] | And you raised a son with enough character | 恭喜你养了个有深度的好儿子 |
[15:07] | to break up with the wrong girl | 对方没内涵 他就会干净利落地甩掉 |
[15:08] | even though she has a truly spectacular set of knockers. | 哪怕人家波涛汹涌 胸器惊人 |
[15:17] | And the reason I don’t have a goiter is because | 偶还没有甲状腺肿大滴原因在于 |
[15:20] | as an actress, my… | 作为演云… |
[15:22] | my vocal chords are so highly developed. | 偶的声带已经修炼到百毒不侵了 |
[15:27] | Well, ‘s coming. | 迟早的事 |
[15:29] | Now, um, Miss Chase, | 蔡斯小姐 |
[15:30] | which of your parents is asian? | 你的父母哪一方是亚洲人 |
[15:33] | What? | 什么 |
[15:35] | Well, the disease is only carried by people of asian descent, so– | 这种病是亚裔遗传病 |
[15:39] | Yes. | 没错 |
[15:41] | Well, my father, you’ll see, is asian. | 偶滴父亲 不瞒你缩 是亚裔 |
[15:45] | Okay, you know what? I just–I can’t do this. | 够了 算你们狠 我装不下去了 |
[15:49] | You see, I don’t really have the disease. | 其实我没有得这个病 |
[15:52] | What? | 什么 |
[15:53] | I just said that I did because I thought | 我装病是因为我以为 |
[15:56] | it would help me win an emmy. | 这样可以博同情拿艾美奖 |
[15:58] | Well, that’s… | 这可真是 |
[16:00] | reprehensible. | 要遭天谴的 |
[16:02] | I know. | 我知道 |
[16:04] | I–I feel terrible. | 我现在满是罪恶感 |
[16:05] | As you should. | 你必须的 |
[16:07] | Although, in the last week, | 不过 上个星期 |
[16:10] | she has brought the foundation | 她为基金会吸引了 |
[16:12] | a great deal of money and attention. | 大量的捐款与人气 |
[16:14] | It would be nice not to share offices with the toenail fungus people. | 不用和灰指甲基金会蜗居的日子肯定很美好 |
[16:20] | Wait, what are you saying? | 你们在说什么 |
[16:22] | Well, um… | 那么 |
[16:24] | If you attend our fundraising event next week, | 如果你下周来参加筹款活动 |
[16:27] | we promise not tell everyone that you’re a | 我们便守口如瓶 不会泄露你是个 |
[16:29] | despicable liar. | 无耻大话精 |
[16:32] | Well, I guess that I, | 看来 |
[16:33] | I don’t really have a leg to stand on. | 我是理亏站不住脚了 |
[16:35] | No, and while we’re on that subject, work on your limping. | 是的 而且瘸腿的逼真度还有待加强 |
[16:38] | Oh, and get dark glasses. You’ll be blind by then. | 记得戴墨镜 到那时你已经瞎了 |
[16:45] | Oh, there you are. | 你终于回来了 |
[16:47] | Your mum went out looking for you. | 你妈妈出去找你了 |
[16:48] | I know. Oh, I lost her two streets over. | 我知道 她早甩掉她了 |
[16:51] | Look, she made a mistake. | 她是做错了 |
[16:53] | But she was just trying to get you to talk. | 可她只是想能与你沟通 |
[16:54] | I know. | 我知道 |
[16:56] | And how does that make you feel? | 对此你有何感想 |
[16:59] | What? | 什么 |
[17:00] | Never mind. | 当我没问 |
[17:01] | I’m gonna tell you how it makes you feel. | 我来告诉你对此你有何感想 |
[17:05] | See, for the past week, I’ve been seeing therapists | 过去这周 我见了不少心理医生 |
[17:07] | and they’ve been trying to get me to talk. | 他们都尝试让我一吐为快 |
[17:09] | But I don’t like it. | 可我不喜欢这样 |
[17:10] | Partly because it’s none of their bloody business. | 部分原因是我的想法关他们屁事 |
[17:13] | But mostly because I’m afraid if… | 不过主要还是因为我害怕 |
[17:16] | I do start to open up and let it out, | 一旦敞开心扉倾诉 |
[17:18] | I might completely fall apart. | 我便会完全崩溃 |
[17:22] | Is that how it makes you feel? | 你是这样的感觉吗 |
[17:24] | Yeah, that’s pretty much it. | 是啊 差不多是这样 |
[17:27] | So I just don’t wanna talk about it at all. | 所以我就完全不想去谈 |
[17:30] | But it doesn’t make you any less angry, does it? | 可你的怒气并不会因此减少几分 对吧 |
[17:32] | No. | 不能 |
[17:34] | Look, I understand. | 我了解的 |
[17:35] | My dad left my mum | 我爸抛弃了我妈 |
[17:37] | and it really messed with my head and my trust. | 对我的人生观和信任感影响很大 |
[17:40] | And when I was in my 20s, | 我二十来岁时 |
[17:43] | I let my guard down, fell madly in love, | 放下戒心 疯狂爱了一场 |
[17:46] | planned a huge wedding, | 筹备了盛大的婚礼 |
[17:47] | and the guy didn’t show up. | 对方却做了落跑新郎 |
[17:49] | – Wow, that really sucks. – No kidding. | -那也太惨了吧 -可不是嘛 |
[17:52] | Must have been so humiliating. | 那得多丢人啊 |
[17:54] | I don’t like to dwell on it. | 往事不要再提 |
[17:55] | I mean, just standing up there in your wedding dress | 穿着婚纱晾在那儿 |
[17:57] | and all those people staring at you? | 所有来宾都盯着你 |
[17:58] | The point is, | 我要说的是 |
[18:01] | I know a little bit about anger. | 我对愤怒还是略知一二的 |
[18:03] | And it’s not healthy to hold on to it | 憋在心里不利于健康 |
[18:05] | or to take it out on other people. | 发泄在旁人身上更是不对 |
[18:08] | Especially someone as sweet as your mum. | 特别是你那善良温柔的妈妈 |
[18:11] | It’s killing her that she can’t connect with you. | 无法与你沟通真是要了她的命 |
[18:15] | I gotta tell you, whoever that guy was, it was his loss. | 我得说一句 他没娶你 是他的损失 |
[18:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:21] | Because you must have been so hot back then. | 你当年肯定美的不得了 |
[18:25] | Yes. Way back then. | 是啊 想当年了 |
[18:30] | Here she is now. Talk to her. | 她回来了 跟她谈谈 |
[18:32] | It’ll be fine. I promise. | 一切都会好起来的 我保证 |
[18:37] | Hi, sweetie. | 嗨 亲爱的 |
[18:39] | Listen, um… | 听我说 |
[18:43] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道要说什么 |
[18:45] | Neither do I. | 我也不知道 |
[18:49] | But we can try. | 可以试着聊聊 |
[18:51] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[18:53] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[18:55] | So where do you wanna start? | 你想从何开始谈 |
[18:57] | Well, the fact that dad’s engaged to a 25-year-old… | 老爸跟25岁的年轻美女订婚 |
[19:01] | Or that I think I have a crush on Joy | 还是我觉得自己喜欢上乔依了 |
[19:03] | and I’m pretty sure she’s feeling it too? | 而且我肯定她跟我是心有灵犀 |
[19:09] | All right. | 好了 |
[19:10] | So why did Cleveland drop the “A” from its name? | 为什么克利夫兰里面的字母A被去掉了 |
[19:17] | The masthead for the newspaper? | 是因为报纸的刊头 |
[19:19] | They figured out that it was, like, not long enough… | 排版的觉得 空间不够 |
[19:25] | Well, we’re not bffs yet, | 虽然我们还没有亲如密友 |
[19:27] | but he did promise to text me at least once a week. | 不过他保证 至少每周发次短信 |
[19:31] | Thank you, Joy. | 谢谢你 乔依 |
[19:34] | Oh, hey, how did the foundation fundraiser go? | 基金会的筹款活动怎么样 |
[19:36] | Utterly exhausting. | 累得我半死 |
[19:38] | But it’ll be worth it just to see the smile on my face | 只要能在艾美领奖台上展示倾城一笑 |
[19:40] | when I win that emmy. | 一切都是值得的 |
[19:43] | And, of course, announce my miraculous recovery. | 当然了 同时宣布我奇迹般地痊愈 |
[19:46] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[19:54] | You know? | 知道吗 |
[19:55] | You know, I feel like I really did a good thing. | 我觉得自己真是做了件大好事 |
[19:58] | You know, which gives one a certain glow, | 成就感让我别具风情 |
[20:00] | a little something extra. | 魅力激增[肿大] |
[20:02] | I’ll say. | 同意 |
[20:06] | I notice even now a few people looking my way. | 在这里 回头率还这么高 |
[20:12] | In fact, quite a few people, like… | 真是有不少人都在看… |
[20:17] | I’m still wearing the goiter, aren’t I? | 我还贴着假肿块是吗 |
[20:26] | Oh, I bet it feels good to get rid of that thing, doesn’t it? | 终于能摆脱这个东西 感觉肯定很爽吧 |
[20:29] | Oh, it really does. | 那是当然 |
[20:31] | I was talking to the goiter. | 我是在跟那个肿块说话 |