时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Hot in Clevelandis recorded in front of a live studio audience. | 《燃情克利夫兰》是在摄影棚观众前现场录制的 |
[00:04] | Morning, ladies. What’s up? | 早安各位 在干嘛呢 |
[00:06] | Elka’s teaching me how to flirt. | 爱尔卡在教我如何搭讪 |
[00:08] | Right now, we’re in a happenin’ night spot, | 现在我们在一个正嗨的夜店里 |
[00:10] | and I’m dressed very provocatively. | 而我打扮得非常性感撩人 |
[00:15] | Excuse me, is this seat taken? | 打扰一下 这位子有人了吗 |
[00:19] | Have we started or are you really asking? | 开始教我了吗 还是你真要坐这儿 |
[00:23] | You see what I’m up against? | 摊上这位我容易吗我 |
[00:25] | – Good morning, ladies. – Where’s Oscar? | -早安各位 -奥斯卡在哪儿 |
[00:27] | Unpacking. | 在卸行李 |
[00:28] | Oscar? Who’s he? | 奥斯卡 哪个男人 |
[00:30] | She. My daughter. | 是姑娘 我女儿 |
[00:32] | After I had Emmy and Tony, | 自从有了艾美和托尼之后 |
[00:33] | I was determined to have an oscar no matter what. | 我决心无论如何也得再要个奥斯卡 |
[00:37] | Oscar’s been studying journalism in London for the last two years. | 这两年奥斯卡在伦敦学新闻 |
[00:40] | Now she works for NPR. | 现在在国家公共电台工作 |
[00:41] | Yeah, and she’s here to do a story on me. | 是啊 她来这是为了采访我 |
[00:43] | Actually, it’s a story about us | 其实是来采访我们 |
[00:45] | moving from L.A. to Cleveland. | 从洛杉矶搬到克利夫兰的故事 |
[00:46] | It’s about second acts in life | 主题是「人生第二幕」 |
[00:48] | and how I moved here and re-invented myself. | 讲述我如何搬到这里 重塑自我的故事 |
[00:50] | We re-invented ourselves. | 是我们重塑自我 |
[00:53] | Well, I hope that’s not the selfish tone | 你怎么说话这么自私啊 |
[00:54] | you’re going to take in the interview. | 到采访时可得收敛点儿 |
[00:58] | Has anyone seen my car keys? | 有人看到我的车钥匙吗 |
[00:59] | I’m running late for a manicurist appointment. | 我预约了个美甲 快来不及了 |
[01:02] | Question: do they charge you extra for those big man-hands? | 请问 你男人般的大手 他们会多收钱吧 |
[01:09] | Ignore her, Joy. | 别理她 乔依 |
[01:10] | Your big man-hands are in perfect proportion to your big man-feet. | 你男人般的大手配你男人般的大脚正合适 不突兀 |
[01:17] | Seriously, no one’s seen my keys? | 说真的 没人看到我的钥匙吗 |
[01:20] | Chance, have you seen my keys? | 吉祥 你看到我的钥匙了吗 |
[01:40] | – Oh, there’s my favorite child. – Mom. | -我最爱的孩子来了 -妈 |
[01:43] | What? I’m not saying anything | 怎么了 我说这话没关系 |
[01:44] | that your brother and sister don’t tell their therapists. | 反正你哥哥姐姐都常跟心理医生抱怨我搞偏爱 |
[01:48] | You know, mom, I think it was all the practice interviews | 妈 我觉得就是因为小时候 |
[01:50] | you had me do as a child that made me want to be a journalist. | 你总让我练习采访你 才让我想当记者的 |
[01:55] | So now that you’re a real journalist, | 现在既然你是个真正的记者了 |
[01:56] | what would you like to ask me? | 你想问我什么 |
[01:58] | Well, the focus of the piece | 采访的重点就是 |
[01:59] | is how you’ve changed since you moved to Cleveland. | 你搬到克利夫兰后发生的变化 |
[02:01] | Well, of course the biggest change | 当然了 最大的变化就是 |
[02:03] | is that I’m dating Sir Emmet Lawson. | 我在和艾米特·劳森爵士交往 |
[02:05] | That’s great, but you’ve dated actors before. | 棒极了 但你跟演员约会是家常便饭了 |
[02:07] | What I mean is, what’s really changed? | 我想知道的是 真正的改变在哪里 |
[02:10] | Oh, you mean, the Woody Allen movie? | 你是说伍迪·艾伦的电影吗 |
[02:11] | Well, that is, like, huge. | 那绝对是 意义重大 |
[02:13] | It is, but you’ve always been an actress. | 没错 但你一直都是演员啊 |
[02:15] | How have you changed personally? | 你本人有什么变化呢 |
[02:18] | I-I see where you’re going here. | 我 我明白你想问什么了 |
[02:20] | Like, um, how am I going to handle | 是说 我要如何应对 |
[02:22] | all this fame and fortune that’s coming my way? | 即将滚滚而来的名气与财富吗 |
[02:26] | Maybe we can get Melanie and Joy in on this. | 我看还是让梅兰妮和乔依一起来比较好 |
[02:28] | Are they around? | 她们在吗 |
[02:29] | No, the dog ate Joy’s keys. | 不在 狗把乔依的钥匙给吞了 |
[02:32] | For some reason, they all went to the vet. | 不知怎么地 她们都跑兽医那去了 |
[02:36] | Shouldn’t we go with them? | 难道我们不是也该一起去吗 |
[02:37] | Oh, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[02:38] | That would be a terrible place to interview me. | 在那里采访我也太可怕了吧 |
[02:40] | All that barking and meowing and– | 各种狗吠猫叫的 |
[02:44] | Victoria Chase– not an animal person. | 维多利亚·蔡斯 不喜欢动物 |
[02:46] | Expand later. | 稍后详述 |
[02:46] | No, no, no, no, no, no. | 别别别 别这样 |
[02:47] | You can’t say that I’m not an animal person. | 你不能说我不喜欢动物 |
[02:49] | People would hate me. | 人们会讨厌我的 |
[02:51] | No, I mean, my career could be ruined. | 说不定 我的事业都可能会付之一炬 |
[02:53] | I know no one listens to NPR, | 虽说也没人听国家公共电台 |
[02:55] | but you know, it could be picked up | 不过还是有可能会被诸如 |
[02:58] | by an established source like Access Hollywood or TMZ live. | 《走进好莱坞》或《TMZ八卦网》捕风捉影 |
[03:02] | You have to erase that. | 这段你必须删掉 |
[03:03] | No, mom. I can’t. | 不 妈 办不到 |
[03:05] | “No”? | 不 |
[03:07] | But you never say no to me. | 你可从没对我说过”不”啊 |
[03:10] | You always do just what I say. | 你总是对我言听计从 |
[03:12] | It’s what we love about each other. | 那正是我们爱彼此的地方 |
[03:16] | Mom, I have to tell the truth. | 妈 我必须如实报道 |
[03:17] | Where is this coming from? | 你这又是从哪学来的 |
[03:19] | Because you never learned it from me. | 肯定不是从你老娘我这儿 |
[03:22] | Mom, I learned it in journalism school. | 妈 我从新闻学院学到的 |
[03:24] | This is my job– to observe and report. | 这是我的工作 观察与报道 |
[03:30] | If you need to report the truth, | 如果你必须报道事实真相 |
[03:33] | there’s nothing I wouldn’t do for any animal anywhere. | 我会为了任何动物赴汤蹈火 在所不辞 |
[03:37] | Since when? | 从何时起 |
[03:38] | Since I moved to Cleveland. | 从我搬到克利夫兰起 |
[03:40] | This is my second act. | 这就是我的人生第二幕 |
[03:42] | I love animals. | 我爱动物 |
[03:43] | I love animals more than people. | 我爱动物胜过人 |
[03:45] | No, no. That’s going too far. | 不行不行 有点过了 |
[03:46] | Okay, we can tweak this on the way to the vet. Come on. | 好了 去兽医的路上我再整理下措辞 快走 |
[03:53] | You know, I rather like a vet’s office. | 话说 我很喜欢兽医办公室 |
[03:56] | I rather like it a lot. | 喜欢得不得了 |
[03:59] | Oh, Joy, please don’t. | 乔依 拜托别这样 |
[04:01] | What is she doing? | 她在干什么 |
[04:02] | Something happens to joy when she sees a man bringing a pet to a doctor. | 乔依一看到男人带着宠物来就医 就跟中了邪似的 |
[04:05] | It’s her love kryptonite. | 这就是她的「爱情克星」 |
[04:07] | It shows they’re sensitive, committed, responsible, | 这表明他们内心柔软 坚定 负责任 |
[04:10] | yet somehow still men. | 却又不失男人味 |
[04:13] | I’m going in. | 老娘要上了 |
[04:17] | I wish I had that kind of confidence with men. | 要是我面对男人也这么有自信就好了 |
[04:20] | Just copy everything she does. | 模仿她的套路就行了 |
[04:24] | I don’t think I could pull off that skirt. | 我恐怕没办法把她这裙子穿出超脱的风采 |
[04:28] | Many have. | 很多人都”脱”过她的裙子 |
[04:32] | Don’t worry, I’m here. | 别担心 我来了 |
[04:35] | Excuse me, I’m here for Chance Ostrovsky. | 打扰 我是来探望吉祥·奥斯特洛夫斯基的 |
[04:37] | Please tell me I can donate a kidney. | 请告诉我我可以捐肾救狗 |
[04:40] | Hi, Victoria. | 你好 维多利亚 |
[04:41] | Oh, I can’t go anywhere. | 人红真是到处被人认出 |
[04:44] | Are you a fan? | 你是我的粉丝吗 |
[04:45] | I’m Sally, your neighbor. | 我是莎莉 你的邻居 |
[04:48] | I don’t think so. | 我看不是 |
[04:50] | I’ve lived next door to you for three years. | 我都在你隔壁住了三年了 |
[04:53] | You gave me a makeover. | 你帮我做过形象大改造 |
[04:54] | You once called the cops | 有一次你还报警 |
[04:55] | ‘Cause my kid’s birthday party was too loud | 说我孩子的生日派对太吵 |
[04:57] | and you had a hangover. | 而你宿醉很难受 |
[04:59] | In my defense, | 我要为自己辩解下 |
[05:00] | who has a party on Saturday morning at 11:00? | 有谁会在周六上午11点开派对啊 |
[05:04] | Children. | 孩子们 |
[05:07] | Of course, children. | 当然啦 孩子们 |
[05:09] | Whom I love as much as if they were animals. | 我爱孩子就跟爱动物一样深 |
[05:17] | Forget that guy. | 什么玩意儿啊 |
[05:18] | – Married? – Yes. | -已婚吗 -是的 |
[05:19] | And so conceited about it. | 并且一心扑在婚姻上 |
[05:21] | “Oh, my wife, my kids, my lake house.” | 张口闭口”我老婆 我孩子 我的湖边小屋子” |
[05:23] | We get it. Someone loves you. Drop dead. | 知道了 就你有人爱 去死吧 |
[05:28] | So as part of your second act in Cleveland, | 作为克利夫兰人生第二幕的一部分 |
[05:29] | how do you feel about approaching men? | 与男人们搭讪的感觉如何 |
[05:32] | Cleveland’s definitely given me a new confidence. | 克利夫兰着实让我重拾自信 |
[05:35] | Not that I succeed all the time, | 虽说不是次次都能得手 |
[05:37] | but if I get rejected here, | 但如果我在这里被拒绝 |
[05:39] | I know it’s not because of my age. | 我知道肯定不是因为我的年纪 |
[05:40] | It’s because of my personality. | 而是因为我的个性 |
[05:43] | And that feels good. | 那种感觉真好 |
[05:46] | Of course, I don’t need to be hitting on guys | 当然 我都不需要主动搭讪男人 |
[05:48] | because I’m dating Sir Emmet Lawson. | 因为我和艾米特·劳森爵士在交往 |
[05:51] | Mamie’s the one who needs to be hitting on guys. | 梅米才需要去和男人搭讪呢 |
[05:55] | Go flirt with that rabbit guy over there. | 就从那个兔子男下手吧 |
[05:58] | I wouldn’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说些什么 |
[05:59] | Well, you have a conversation starter right there. | 现成的话题摆着呢 |
[06:01] | Ask him about his rabbit. | 就问问他兔子的事啊 |
[06:05] | Oh, all right. Here goes nothing. | 那好吧 豁出去了 |
[06:13] | Excuse me. | 打扰下 |
[06:15] | Is this seat taken? | 这个位子有人了吗 |
[06:18] | No. | 没有 |
[06:24] | So, your rabbit’s eyes are really crusted over. | 你这兔子的眼睛还真是病得不轻啊 |
[06:32] | Well, that’s why we’re here. | 所以我们才来这啊 |
[06:35] | I bet it is. | 我猜也是 |
[06:39] | I bet it is. | 我猜就是 |
[06:43] | Nice talking to you. | 很高兴跟你说话 |
[06:48] | Well, I tried. | 我努力了 |
[06:49] | Maybe it’s just too late for me. | 也许这对我来说太晚了 |
[06:51] | Oh, it’s never too late. Look at me. | 没这回事 你瞧我 |
[06:53] | What about you, Melanie? What’s going on with you? | 你怎么啦 梅兰妮 你有什么故事 |
[06:55] | Oh, well, ever since I moved to Cleveland, I have been dating a lot. | 自从我搬到克利夫兰来 就一直艳遇不断 |
[06:58] | But I got a new job and I fell in love with my boss. | 接着我找到份工作 爱上了我老板 |
[07:01] | And I hope he feels the same about me. | 我希望他也喜欢我 |
[07:03] | Although his crazy ex-wife– also my boss– | 尽管他的疯狂前妻 也是我老板 |
[07:06] | She would kill me if we ever got together. | 她要发现我们在一起 就会宰了我 |
[07:08] | Oh, my God, you can’t put this on the radio. | 天呐 这段你不能在广播里放 |
[07:10] | It’s so interesting. It’s like a soap opera. | 真有意思 就跟肥皂剧似的 |
[07:12] | You know, what’s even more interesting | 其实 更有意思的是 |
[07:14] | is moving from a soap opera | 从肥皂剧转型 |
[07:16] | to a major motion picture directed by Woody Allen. | 出演由伍迪·艾伦执导的一部大片 |
[07:19] | I’m talking about Victoria Chase. | 我说的是维多利亚·蔡斯 |
[07:22] | Expand later. | 稍后详述 |
[07:27] | Pipe down, Victoria. I’m in love. | 收声 维多利亚 我恋爱了 |
[07:32] | Cool your jets. He’s gay. | 控制下欲火 他是基佬 |
[07:34] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[07:35] | Skintight jeans, a teacup pig, | 紧身裤 茶杯猪 |
[07:39] | if only there had been some clues. | 这样还不够明显吗 |
[07:44] | I give up. | 我放弃 |
[07:45] | It doesn’t get any better than a hot guy with a teacup pig. | 不会有比养茶杯猪的性感男人更销魂的了 |
[07:56] | I just rescued these puppies from a fire. | 我刚从火灾现场救出了这些小狗 |
[07:58] | Marry me. | 娶我吧 |
[08:02] | I’m sorry about yelling “marry me.” | 不好意思刚冲你喊”娶我吧” |
[08:05] | I don’t know what came over me. | 我也不知道我是中了什么邪 |
[08:06] | Oh, don’t worry about it. I get that a lot. | 不用担心 我对这都司空见惯了 |
[08:08] | Mostly from women in cars when I run in the morning. | 多数情况下是我在晨跑 车里的女人冲我喊 |
[08:12] | Oh? What route? | 是吗 哪条道上 |
[08:15] | I mean, because I run. I’m a runner. | 因为我也跑步 跑步锻炼 |
[08:18] | Yeah, always looking for a good route. | 真的 我一直在找理想的跑步线路 |
[08:20] | Did you really rescue them from a burning building? | 你真是从着火的大楼里把它们救出来的吗 |
[08:23] | Of course he did. Look at him, he’s smoldering. | 当然啦 瞧瞧他 浑身”火辣辣”的 |
[08:27] | I’m just getting them checked out. | 我就带它们来检查一下 |
[08:28] | And then I’m going to take them to a shelter. | 然后带它们去动物收容所 |
[08:30] | Ooh, we can find homes for them. | 我们能帮它们找到家 |
[08:32] | Elka and I volunteer at a rescue shelter. | 我和爱尔卡在收容所当志愿者 |
[08:35] | Oh, well, that would be great. | 那真是太好了 |
[08:37] | You know, to me, you guys are the real heroes. | 对我来说 你们才是真正的英雄 |
[08:40] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[08:49] | Still thanking. | 还没谢完呢 |
[08:53] | The doctor’s ready. | 医生可以接诊了 |
[08:54] | You can take the puppies back now. | 你可以带小狗进去了 |
[08:57] | Wait, don’t go. | 慢着 别去 |
[08:58] | I got to make sure these little guys are okay. | 我得保证这些小家伙安然无恙 |
[09:00] | They’re fine. I can tell they look great. | 它们没事 我看它们好得很 |
[09:02] | That’s the vet’s call. | 那得由兽医来决定 |
[09:04] | Don’t you have some deworming to do? | 你不需要去帮宠物驱个虫吗 |
[09:06] | Some glands to express? | 挤挤肛门腺什么的 |
[09:09] | While we’re waiting for the doctor, | 等候医生的时候 |
[09:10] | I could get the rest of that suit off you. | 我可以帮你把剩下的衣服脱了 |
[09:12] | You mean soot? | 你是说掸掉烟尘吗 |
[09:14] | That too. | 也包括那个 |
[09:24] | Look at that stride. | 瞧那大步迈的 |
[09:26] | Original hips. | 原装翘臀 |
[09:31] | No, Elka. | 不行 爱尔卡 |
[09:33] | I’m realizing that flirting is a young woman’s game. | 我意识到搭讪是年轻女人的游戏 |
[09:37] | When your husband looks at you, | 当你丈夫看着你的时候 |
[09:38] | he still sees the young girl he met and fell in love with. | 他看到的还是当初那个让他一见倾心的年轻姑娘 |
[09:42] | But now whoever I flirt with only sees an older woman | 而现在我搭讪的这些家伙 他们眼中的我只是 |
[09:47] | with a no-fuss haircut and no game. | 一个头发利落 毫无魅力的老太太 |
[09:53] | Don’t give up. | 别放弃 |
[09:54] | Look at me. | 瞧瞧我 |
[09:55] | Alec dumped a hot 20-something for me. | 阿莱克为了我甩了个20来岁的靓妞 |
[09:58] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[09:59] | Really? A hot 20-something? | 真的吗 20来岁的靓妞 |
[10:00] | Yeah, I broke into his apartment | 是啊 我闯进他家 |
[10:02] | and she showed up and said he went | 刚巧那妞也来了 说阿莱克丢下她 |
[10:03] | on vacation without her | 一个人去度假了 |
[10:04] | because he had to think about stuff. | 因为他要想清楚一些”东西” |
[10:07] | And you think you might be that “stuff.” | 你认为你就是他说的那个”东西” |
[10:09] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[10:10] | And at least “maybe” keeps me in the game. | 至少”也许”让我还有戏可唱 |
[10:13] | You know, that’s sort of a nice theme for my piece. | 用这个做我报道的主题挺不错 |
[10:15] | That you guys came to Cleveland for what may be. | 你们为了那些”也许”而来到克利夫兰 |
[10:17] | Well, how can you come up with a theme | 你怎么这就定下主题了 |
[10:19] | when you haven’t finished interviewing me? | 你都还没采访完我 |
[10:22] | But I’m trying to get at something real here. | 但我想采访的是真实的东西 |
[10:24] | The focus of the piece is on people | 报道的重点是人们 |
[10:25] | finding an act two in their lives. | 找寻人生的第二幕 |
[10:27] | Melanie and Joy have changed | 梅兰妮和乔依都变了 |
[10:28] | and frankly, you haven’t. | 说实话 你可没变 |
[10:31] | Are you calling me a one act? | 你是说我的人生是独幕剧吗 |
[10:33] | Because I have been to festivals where all they show are one acts | 我参加过很多庆典 都只上演独幕剧 |
[10:35] | and everyone is bored. | 快把大家无聊死了 |
[10:38] | Let’s look at the facts. | 我们用事实说话 |
[10:39] | Back in L.A., Joy had given up on men. | 在洛杉矶的时候 乔依已经放弃男人了 |
[10:42] | She was sublimating her sexuality by waxing hair off celebrities. | 她通过帮名人修眉净化自己的欲火 |
[10:46] | She was a pathetic, empty shell of a woman. | 她就是个只剩躯壳的可悲女人 |
[10:50] | This isn’t going on the air, is it? | 这些不会播出来的 对吧 |
[10:53] | Of course it is, because now look at you. | 当然要 看看你现在 |
[10:55] | You’re living for love and adventure. | 为爱和冒险而活 |
[10:57] | I am, aren’t I? | 确实是 对吧 |
[10:59] | And Melanie was always over at our house, | 还有梅兰妮那时候老来我们家 |
[11:01] | complaining about her boring life and her loveless marriage. | 抱怨她的无聊人生和无爱婚姻 |
[11:04] | She was mousy and dull, and sometimes when she came by, | 那会儿她胆小无趣 有时她来了 |
[11:06] | we pretended we weren’t home. | 我们只好装作不在家 |
[11:10] | I just thought you guys were on vacation a lot. | 我还以为你们总是出去度假呢 |
[11:14] | Look at you now, acting all crazy, | 看看你现在 行为疯狂 |
[11:16] | going after the boss, breaking into apartments. | 追求老板 强闯公寓 |
[11:18] | You’re like some kind of lifetime original movie. | 就像生活台的原创电影一样 |
[11:21] | Hello? I starred in a lifetime original move | 没搞错吧 我可真演过生活台的一部原创电影 |
[11:24] | called Acting All Crazy. | 就叫《疯狂人生》 |
[11:27] | I’ve changed just as much as these two have. | 我也跟她们两个一样都变了好多啊 |
[11:30] | Not from what I can see. | 我可没看出来 |
[11:32] | You’re still a drama queen | 你还是一样小题大做 |
[11:33] | obsessed with fame and constantly lying | 热衷名利 谎话连篇 |
[11:35] | to put yourself in the best possible light, | 只为能博得版面 赢取好感 |
[11:37] | like pretending you’re insanely in love with animals. | 比如说假装很爱动物 |
[11:39] | I do love animals! All animals. | 我真心很爱动物 所有动物 |
[11:43] | That animal. | 那个动物 |
[11:44] | Well, what do we have here, huh? | 哎呀 这个小家伙是什么呀 |
[11:48] | What is that thing? | 这是什么玩意儿 |
[11:50] | A snapping turtle. | 拟鳄龟 |
[11:54] | – You okay? – No, I’m not okay! | -你没事吧 -当然有事 |
[11:57] | I’ve been savagely attacked. | 我被野蛮地袭击了 |
[12:00] | So this is how it all ends. Turtle rabies. | 光辉一生 就此告终 狂龟病 |
[12:04] | See? Drama queen. | 瞧吧 小题大做 |
[12:06] | What happened to my sweet, little Oscar? | 我贴心可爱的小奥斯卡去哪了 |
[12:10] | Okay, maybe I haven’t changed, | 也许我是没变 |
[12:12] | but you have, and I don’t like it. | 但你变了 我不喜欢你这样的改变 |
[12:14] | Well, maybe I don’t care if you don’t like it. | 也许我不在乎你喜不喜欢 |
[12:17] | I need some air. | 我得出去透透气 |
[12:20] | Why is she doing this to me? | 她为什么这么对我 |
[12:21] | Oh, honey, it’ll be okay. | 亲爱的 会好的 |
[12:22] | Come on, let’s take you in the back, | 我带你去后面 |
[12:23] | and get that looked at. | 让医生看看 |
[12:27] | I don’t see how I can hit on my fireman | 我都不知道接下来我要怎么勾搭消防员 |
[12:29] | with all this tension in the air. | 现在气氛也太紧张了 一点就燃 |
[12:34] | But duty calls. | 但脱单重任在肩 |
[12:37] | Well, the doctor says they’re in perfect health. | 医生说它们很健康 |
[12:40] | Are you sure you don’t mind finding them homes? | 你们真的不介意给它们找主人吗 |
[12:42] | We’ve already got interviews lined up for today. | 今天都已经安排好面试了 |
[12:45] | Like you said… | 如你所说 |
[12:46] | We’re heroes. | 我们是英雄嘛 |
[12:54] | It was nice meeting you all. | 很高兴认识你们 |
[12:56] | I gotta get back to the firehouse. | 我得回消防队了 |
[12:58] | Wait. | 等等 |
[13:00] | I was wondering, what are you doing Saturday night? | 我想知道 你周六晚上有安排吗 |
[13:04] | Actually, I have a date with a lovely brunette. | 我和一位棕发美女有约 |
[13:08] | What? I’ll kill her. | 什么 老娘宰了她 |
[13:11] | Sorry, I was trying to be clever. | 抱歉 我自作聪明想逗你 |
[13:13] | I was talking about you. | 我说的就是你 |
[13:15] | You are clever. | 你的确很聪明 |
[13:18] | You’re everything that’s right with the world. | 你是这世间一切的美好 |
[13:20] | Everything. | 一切 |
[13:21] | Smooth, Joy. | 悠着点 乔依 |
[13:24] | Here’s my number. | 这是我的电话号码 |
[13:26] | Great. | 好极了 |
[13:27] | I guess I will see you on Saturday. | 那周六见吧 |
[13:32] | Look at me. | 瞧瞧姐 |
[13:35] | I’m dating a fireman. | 我要和消防员约会了 |
[13:38] | Hey, tough luck, married guy. | 哭去吧 已婚男 |
[13:39] | I’m going out with a fireman. | 我要和消防员约会了 |
[13:41] | So get in your station wagon | 你开着旅行车 |
[13:42] | and go home to your beautiful wife, Clarissa. | 回家找你的漂亮老婆克拉丽莎去吧 |
[13:46] | What’s wrong with you? | 你什么毛病啊 |
[13:47] | I don’t know. I have issues. | 不知道 我心理有问题 |
[13:50] | But I’m seeing a therapist. | 不过我在看心理医生 |
[13:52] | And a fireman! | 还要和消防员约会 |
[13:56] | So what do we have here? | 是什么个情况 |
[13:58] | Turtle bite. | 乌龟咬的 |
[14:01] | Sorry, I’m not used to my patient talking to me. | 抱歉 我还是不习惯会说话的病患 |
[14:04] | Except the occasional parrot. | 除了偶尔来几只鹦鹉 |
[14:07] | And that gets old pretty fast. | 不过那也很快就没意思了 |
[14:08] | You know, “polly want a cracker.” | 总是说”鹦哥想要吃饼干” |
[14:10] | Why do they teach them that anyway? | 为何人人都教这一句呢 |
[14:13] | Crackers are quite binding. | 饼干很容易引起便秘 |
[14:15] | And believe me, you don’t want a backed-up bird. | 相信我 拉不出便便的鸟很难伺候的 |
[14:18] | – I’m bleeding here. – Ooh, I see. | -我这儿还流着血呢 -知道了 |
[14:21] | Don’t mind her. | 别介意 |
[14:22] | She just had a big fight with her daughter. | 她刚和女儿大吵一架 |
[14:24] | How could she say these things to me? | 她怎么能对我说出那些话 |
[14:26] | I mean, where did all this rebellion come from? | 她怎么变得这么叛逆了 |
[14:28] | Well, the parent-child relationship | 父母与子女之间的关系 |
[14:30] | can be quite a complicated one. | 有时候很复杂 |
[14:32] | I have another patient now | 我手头上还有个病患 |
[14:33] | who’s having some trouble with her young. | 跟孩子之间也有些问题 |
[14:36] | It’s a little different because she ate some of them. | 不同的是 她把自己的孩子给吃了 |
[14:41] | Where–where are you going with this? | 你 你想表达什么 |
[14:43] | Rebellion can be a good thing. | 叛逆可能是件好事 |
[14:45] | No parent, whether animal or human, | 无论是动物还是人类 作为家长 |
[14:47] | has done the right job unless they allow | 想要处理好亲子关系 |
[14:49] | their offspring to grow and change. | 只有让子女自由成长和改变 |
[14:53] | It’s so hard. | 那太难了 |
[14:55] | I mean, she’s always been my cheerleader, even when I was miserable. | 就算是我很凄惨的时候 她也一直给我加油鼓劲 |
[14:59] | Especially right before we moved here | 特别是搬到这里之前 |
[15:01] | and my career was coming to an end, my marriage was over. | 事业跌落谷底 婚姻也破碎了 |
[15:05] | Sometimes she was the only thing that held me together. | 有时候 她就是让我坚持下去的唯一动力 |
[15:08] | And then I moved in with you guys here in Cleveland. | 然后我就搬到克利夫兰跟你们一起生活了 |
[15:11] | And I’m actually happy, | 我现在真的很幸福 |
[15:13] | and I just want to share that with her, | 只想要与她分享这一切 |
[15:15] | but she’s just making me miserable. | 但她却让我变得很凄惨 |
[15:17] | Victoria, that’s how you’ve changed. | 维多利亚 这就是你的转变啊 |
[15:19] | You’re happy now. | 你现在很幸福 |
[15:21] | You’re right. I am happy. | 你说得对 我很幸福 |
[15:24] | I really am. | 我真的很幸福 |
[15:26] | But why can’t Oscar see that? | 但奥斯卡怎么就看不到呢 |
[15:28] | You know, when a lizard first loses its tail, | 俗话说 蜥蜴刚断尾时 |
[15:30] | – it doesn’t see– – I-I-I got this. | -还真看不出… -我 我来解释 |
[15:34] | She doesn’t see it because you’re an actress. | 她看不出来是因为你是个好演员 |
[15:36] | It was obvious that Joy and I have changed | 我和乔依的改变一看便知 |
[15:38] | because when we were miserable, we couldn’t hide it. | 因为之前我们掩饰不了自己的凄惨 |
[15:41] | But you were able to act happy. | 但你当时装作很幸福 |
[15:43] | Damn my talent. | 演技太好没办法 |
[15:46] | I need to go and talk to her. | 我需要去跟她谈谈 |
[15:47] | Yeah. So we done here? | 是啊 医生处理完了吗 |
[15:49] | I don’t know. Has she been spayed? | 我不清楚 她做过绝育吗 |
[15:58] | Great work, Elka. | 做得好 爱尔卡 |
[15:59] | We found homes for all but one. | 除了这只 别的小狗都有归宿了 |
[16:02] | I’m actually getting kind of attached to this little guy. | 说实话 我对这小家伙产生感情了 |
[16:04] | You don’t get a puppy and a fireman in the same day. | 萌狗狗和消防员 便宜哪能都让你占了 |
[16:11] | Is my mom back yet? | 我妈看完医生了吗 |
[16:12] | I’m right here. | 我在这呢 |
[16:14] | – Are you okay? – Yeah, I’m fine. | -你没事吧 -嗯 没事 |
[16:15] | I’m sorry I got so upset. | 抱歉我刚刚生气发火了 |
[16:16] | You had every right to be upset. | 你完全有权利生气 |
[16:18] | I was acting like a complete idiot. | 我刚刚表现得就像个白痴 |
[16:21] | And I’m glad you stood up to me. | 你跟我对着干 我还挺开心的 |
[16:23] | You are? | 真的吗 |
[16:24] | Everything you said about me was true. | 你说的关于我的那些话都是对的 |
[16:26] | I am a drama queen | 我的确会小题大做 |
[16:27] | who’s obsessed with fame and success and how I’m perceived. | 沉迷于追名逐利 太在乎别人的看法了 |
[16:33] | But you were wrong about one thing. | 但有一点你说错了 |
[16:35] | I have changed. | 我真的改变了 |
[16:37] | I’m really happy now, | 我现在真的很幸福 |
[16:38] | and this my second act. | 这就是我的人生第二幕 |
[16:42] | And in the spirit of second acts, | 既然说到人生第二幕 |
[16:45] | what do you say you and I start a new one? | 我们不如重新开始 |
[16:47] | I’d like that. | 我很乐意 |
[16:48] | Oh, but one thing. | 但还有件事 |
[16:50] | I really do like animals, | 我确实喜欢动物 |
[16:51] | and I’m so sorry that you weren’t able to have a pet when you were a kid. | 很抱歉在你小的时候 我没允许你养只狗狗 |
[16:55] | – Allergies? – White carpets. | -你过敏吗 -家里是白地毯 |
[17:00] | I wish I could make it up to you. | 我怎么做才能弥补呢 |
[17:01] | – I have a puppy. – Oh, good for you, Elka. | -我这有只狗狗 -恭喜你 爱尔卡 |
[17:10] | Do you want this puppy? | 你想养它吗 |
[17:12] | Is NPR sponsored by | 国家公共电台是由 |
[17:13] | the John D. And catherine t. Macarthur foundation? | 约翰·D与凯瑟琳·麦克阿瑟基金会赞助的吗 |
[17:20] | Boy, nobody listens to NPR, do they? | 天啊 还真没人听这个台啊 |
[17:23] | I’d love him. | 我很乐意养 |
[17:25] | The doctor will be out in a minute, but great news. | 手术就快好了 不过是好消息 |
[17:27] | Chance came through with flying colors. | 吉祥一切安好 |
[17:29] | – Yay! – Oh, that’s such a relief. | -太好了 -松了一口气 |
[17:30] | So how about you? How’d you do with the fireman? | 你怎么样 跟消防员进展如何 |
[17:33] | – We have a date. – I give it six months. | -我们要约会了 -顶多就在一起六个月吧 |
[17:35] | Really? | 这么看好 |
[17:42] | Mamie Sue Johnson? | 梅米·苏·约翰逊 |
[17:44] | Oh, my gosh. Tommy Hill? | 我的天啊 汤米·希尔 |
[17:47] | Well, I actually go by Dr. Tommy hill now. | 现在我是汤米·希尔医生啦 |
[17:50] | But yeah, it’s me. | 不过没错 就是我 |
[17:55] | You two know each other? | 你们认识吗 |
[17:56] | Excellent detective work, Joy. | 好惊人的侦查力哦 乔依 |
[18:02] | Tommy sat behind me in first grade. | 一年级时 汤米坐我后边 |
[18:05] | I had the biggest crush on her. | 我当时可喜欢她了 |
[18:06] | I asked my friend what her name was. | 我向朋友打听她叫什么 |
[18:08] | And he said, “Mamie Sue Johnson. She can read.” | 他说 叫梅米·苏·约翰逊 会认字哦 |
[18:12] | So he got my attention by throwing a rock at me. | 所以他冲我扔石块来引起我的注意 |
[18:16] | Cut her head right open. | 脑袋直接砸出花了 |
[18:19] | It still throbs when it’s about to rain. | 一到下雨前 这地方还隐隐作痛呢 |
[18:23] | – So how have you been? – Good. | -你过得如何 -挺好 |
[18:25] | I was married. 7 kids, 19 grandkids. | 结过婚 7个孩子 19个孙辈的 |
[18:30] | My wife passed away, so it’s just me now. | 我妻子去世了 所以我现在一个人 |
[18:33] | And you? | 你怎么样 |
[18:34] | Six boys. | 有6个儿子 |
[18:36] | Eight grandkids. And it’s just me now too. | 8个孙辈的 现在我也一个人 |
[18:45] | Make the move! | 赶紧的啊 |
[18:50] | There was a rabbit here earlier | 刚刚有人送来一只兔子 |
[18:54] | with hideous, crusty eyes. | 眼睛好丑 特别恐怖 |
[19:00] | Oh, you saw him? What a fascinating case. | 你也看到啦 真是个好的案例 |
[19:03] | Had an unfortunate contusion– | 他不幸被撞到… |
[19:06] | Oh, Mamie. | 梅米 |
[19:07] | You were always such a shameless flirt. | 你在搭讪方面脸皮总是这么厚 |
[19:12] | – May I be forward with you? – Please. | -我能有话直说吗 -请吧 |
[19:16] | What are you doing Saturday night? | 你周六晚上有什么安排 |
[19:17] | I’m having dinner with a tall, handsome doctor. | 我约了个高大帅气的医生共进晚餐 |
[19:22] | It’s you. | 是你啦 |
[19:25] | – It’s me? – It’s you. | -是我吗 -就是你 |
[19:30] | See? That’s how it’s done. | 瞧 姐这才叫钓男人 |