时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Hot in Cleveland is recorded in front of a live studio audience. | 《燃情克利夫兰》是在摄影棚观众前现场录制的 |
[00:11] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[00:13] | Waiting for my ride. | 等人来接我 |
[00:15] | To take you where? Downton Abbey? | 接你去哪 唐顿庄园吗 |
[00:18] | My community theater’s doing The Importance of Being Earnest. | 社区剧院要演《不可儿戏》 |
[00:21] | And I’m auditioning as Lady Bracknell. | 我要去试镜布莱克纳尔夫人这个角色 |
[00:26] | I gotta make up for | 我这次得表现好点 |
[00:27] | when I bombed last year as Sandy in Grease. | 我去年演《油脂》里的美貌女高中生珊迪时搞砸了 |
[00:34] | Oh, hello, Wilbur. | 好呀 威尔伯 |
[00:36] | He had his checkup today, didn’t he? | 他今天去体检了是吧 |
[00:37] | Was he a brave boy? | 很勇敢 没哭闹吧 |
[00:39] | He was fine. But the doctor was an idiot. | 他好着呢 那医生才是个白痴 |
[00:41] | He said Wilbur was, and I quote, “Average.” | 他说威尔伯很”平庸” |
[00:44] | Can you believe it? | 你敢相信吗 |
[00:45] | Anyone can see that Wilbur is very advanced for his age. | 是个人都能看出来 威尔伯遥遥领先同龄人 |
[00:49] | I’ll say. | 这我承认 |
[00:50] | I never had my first pimple till I was 12. | 我到12岁才长青春痘 他是挺”领先”的 |
[00:54] | Baby acne is a very common affliction. | 婴儿粉刺是很常见的烦恼 |
[00:57] | I’ve been trying to find Wilbur a new doctor all morning. | 我一早上都在给威尔伯找新医生 |
[01:00] | You fired his doctor just because he said he was average? | 就因为他说威尔伯”平庸” 你就把他炒了 |
[01:02] | Well, obviously he’s not average. | 我家威尔伯显然不平庸 |
[01:05] | I mean, look at his sweet little handsome… | 看他小脸多俊 |
[01:07] | Wilbur don’t scratch your pimples. | 威尔伯别去挠痘痘 |
[01:10] | My grandson deserves the best pediatrician in town, | 我孙子该看城里最好的儿科医生 |
[01:13] | which every website agrees is Dr. Mallika Kapoor. | 所有网站都强推玛丽卡·卡普尔 |
[01:16] | So go to her. | 那就找她呗 |
[01:17] | She’s so exclusive, she’s completely booked. | 她太受欢迎 早约满了 |
[01:20] | And according to the comments on this site, | 据网上评论说 |
[01:22] | she’ll take you right away if you’re from India. | 如果去看病的是印度人 她准接待 |
[01:24] | So you need to be a Cleveland Indian. | 你得是克利夫兰印第安人 |
[01:25] | 同时指克利夫兰印第安人棒球队 和印度人 | |
[01:31] | See what I did there? | 瞧姐这双关语用的 |
[01:35] | Maybe I’ll just show up with a bribe. | 也许我该贿赂她一下 |
[01:37] | I’ve heard about this Indian cafe | 我听说有家印度餐厅做的 |
[01:38] | that makes the most amazing samosas. | 咖喱角特别好吃 |
[01:40] | Oh, Joy. Come on, honey, | 乔依 亲爱的 |
[01:41] | don’t you think you’re getting carried away? | 你不觉得你有点想太多了吗 |
[01:43] | I agree with Melanie. | 我同意梅兰妮的看法 |
[01:44] | I mean, all pediatricians are pretty much the same. | 儿科医生都差不多啊 |
[01:46] | It’s not like you’re shopping for eye cream. | 又不是买眼霜 有什么好挑的 |
[01:52] | If you don’t get Dr. Kapoor, | 如果你约不上卡普尔医生 |
[01:53] | it’s not because you’re a bad grandma. | 不是因为你不是个好奶奶 |
[01:55] | It’s because you’re not from Mumbai. | 而是因为你不是孟买来的 |
[01:59] | You’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[02:00] | I just need to take a breath and put things in perspective. | 我得吸口气 想开点儿 |
[02:04] | Thank you both for your help. | 多谢你们开导我 |
[02:12] | Hello. | 你好[印度腔] |
[02:24] | Hello, I am Dr. Kapoor. | 你好 我是卡普尔医生 |
[02:26] | Where is Ms. Gupta Jhabvala-Scroggs? | 古普塔·贾华拉·斯克罗格女士是哪位 |
[02:30] | I am she. | 正是我 |
[02:32] | And this is Wilbur. Say, “Hello, Dr. Kapoor.” | 这是威尔伯 快跟卡普尔医生打招呼 |
[02:37] | You are from India? | 你是印度人 |
[02:39] | My father was Indian. My mother English. | 我爸是印度人 我妈是英国人 |
[02:41] | Very, very fair. | 根正苗红 |
[02:43] | Some English blood, huh? | 有英国血统是吧 |
[02:45] | That explains the acne and the crooked baby teeth. | 怪不得长痘痘 乳牙也长歪了 |
[02:48] | This baby does not look Indian at all. | 这孩子一点都不像印度人 |
[02:51] | – I brought samosas. – Homemade? | -我带了咖哩角 -自己做的吗 |
[02:55] | Of course. | 那当然 |
[02:59] | You’re an excellent cook. | 你厨艺真不错 |
[03:00] | Your husband is a lucky man. | 老公可真有福气 |
[03:02] | Oh, I’m not married. Oh, I see you thought because… | 我没结婚 我明白了 你以为… |
[03:05] | I should not make assumptions. | 我不该想当然 |
[03:06] | I know many spinsters who turn 40 and look in the mirror and say, | 很多剩女到了40岁都会对着镜子感叹 |
[03:10] | “No man will love me, | “找个爱我的男人是没戏了 |
[03:11] | but maybe a baby will.” | 但生个孩子或许能爱我” |
[03:14] | Actually, Wilbur’s not my… | 其实 威尔伯不是我的… |
[03:17] | 40, you say? | 你刚是说40吗 |
[03:19] | – You are younger? – No. 40’s bang on the nose. | -你不到40吗 -不是 正好40 |
[03:24] | My son Ravi is also 40 and not yet married. | 我儿子拉维也40了还没结婚 |
[03:27] | In spite of being a world-class competitive eater. | 虽然他是个一流的大胃王 |
[03:30] | A competitive eater. So an athlete. | 大胃王 合着还是位运动员呢 |
[03:34] | I tell him to go out and meet a girl, | 我总让他出去见见妹子 |
[03:36] | but he just stays home and eats and eats and eats. | 他就爱待在家 吃个不停 |
[03:38] | He’d love your samosas. | 他肯定爱吃你做的咖哩角 |
[03:40] | I’d be glad to make some for him. | 我很乐意做给他尝尝 |
[03:41] | We accept your invitation. Shall we say Friday night? | 我们接受你的邀请 要不就周五晚上吧 |
[03:44] | What? | 什么 |
[03:46] | If all goes well, we’ll set an appointment for Wilbur next week. | 要是一切顺利 就可以安排威尔伯下周就诊了 |
[03:48] | I’ll start cooking right away. | 我马上就去准备下厨 |
[03:50] | We’ll be there at 8:00. | 我们8点到 |
[03:51] | And wear something prettier. Maybe padded. | 穿得漂亮点 最好垫个胸 |
[03:58] | These weddings are gorgeous. | 这些婚礼真是太棒了 |
[04:00] | I think I found the wedding planner of my dreams. | 我想我找到了梦想婚礼策划人 |
[04:03] | When are you gonna tell him the wedding’s in the slammer? | 你打算什么时候告诉他婚礼是在狱中举行 |
[04:08] | At the last possible moment, so shh. | 不到最后关头绝不提 保密 |
[04:10] | Victoria, darling, | 维多利亚 亲爱的 |
[04:11] | are those guest towels Pratesi? | 那些客用毛巾是高端品牌普特斯的吗 |
[04:13] | Oh, you have an excellent eye. | 你真识货 |
[04:15] | So let’s talk some more about my perfect wedding. | 我们继续谈谈我的完美婚礼吧 |
[04:18] | Well, I was thinking after the vows | 我在想婚礼宣誓过后 |
[04:19] | we’ll release two dozen white doves. | 放飞两打白鸽 |
[04:21] | Oh, no, no. Doves won’t work, sorry. | 不不 鸽子这个行不通 抱歉 |
[04:24] | We’re planning an indoor ceremony. | 我们要办的是室内婚礼 |
[04:27] | You haven’t told me where it will be. | 你还没告诉我会在哪里办 |
[04:28] | Does the venue have a yard? | 那个场地有院子吗 |
[04:32] | Oh, there’s definitely a yard. | 院子是大大地有 |
[04:38] | Now, about the guests, I’ll need a number. | 至于客人 告诉我个数字 |
[04:41] | They all have numbers. | 他们都有编号[囚犯编号] |
[04:46] | Elka, do you need to be here? | 爱尔卡 你非得待在这儿吗 |
[04:48] | I’m just studying my lines. | 我不过是在念台词嘛 |
[04:50] | She has a callback for The Importance of Being Earnest. | 她收到了《不可儿戏》的试镜回应 |
[04:53] | How’s this? | 听听这个 |
[04:55] | A handbag? | 一个手提包 |
[05:05] | I’m guessing this is community theater? | 我猜是社区剧院 |
[05:09] | I’ll get back to you with all those minor details. | 关于一些小细节我会再找你商量 |
[05:11] | Fine. I’ll just need the location. | 好 我只要知道地点 |
[05:12] | What, right this minute? | 什么 现在就要知道吗 |
[05:13] | Well, I’ll have to take measurements. | 我得先量下场地尺寸呀 |
[05:15] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[05:17] | Well, we are getting married at the… | 我们将在 |
[05:21] | lovely… | 美丽的 |
[05:22] | Allen Oakwood… | 艾伦奥克伍德 |
[05:25] | men’s correctional facility. | 男子监狱举行婚礼 |
[05:26] | Now about the centerpieces, I was thinking white roses… | 关于餐桌中央的装饰 我想用白玫瑰点缀 |
[05:30] | Back up. | 倒回去 |
[05:31] | You’re getting married in prison? | 你要在监狱结婚吗 |
[05:33] | To an inmate? | 跟犯人结婚 |
[05:34] | I mean, Emmet is hardly your ordinary jailbird. | 艾米特才不是那种普通的囚犯 |
[05:37] | He is the proud recipient of an Oscar and a Tony. | 他是受过奥斯卡和托尼”嘉奖”的 |
[05:42] | Are those awards or cellmates? | 那是奖项还是狱友 |
[05:46] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[05:47] | “Celebrations by Jeffrey” | 「杰夫瑞婚庆公司」 |
[05:48] | does not do weddings in correctional facilities. | 是绝对不会策划监狱婚礼的 |
[05:51] | Listen, I’m desperate. I’ll do whatever you say. | 听着 我别无选择了 你说什么我都答应 |
[05:52] | I’ll get married in the yard, I’ll release the doves. | 我会在院子里结婚 放鸽子 |
[05:54] | Release the groom, then we’ll talk. | 先放了新郎再说吧 |
[05:59] | Guess who just met the great and powerful Dr. Kapoor. | 猜猜谁刚见了伟大全能的卡普尔医生 |
[06:03] | Really? Did she agree to take Wilbur? | 真的吗 她同意给威尔伯看病了吗 |
[06:05] | Almost. | 差不多吧 |
[06:06] | I just have one tiny hurdle left. | 我只剩最后一道障碍要攻破了 |
[06:08] | She’s invited herself to dinner Friday night. | 她主动要求周五晚上要来这吃晚饭 |
[06:11] | She wants to set me up with her loser son, Ravi. | 她打算撮合我和他那个废物儿子 拉维 |
[06:13] | Is this Dr. Kapoor, the pediatrician? | 是那个儿科医生卡普尔吗 |
[06:16] | Yes. Do you have kids? | 是的 你有小孩吗 |
[06:17] | No. They’d clash with my drapes. | 没有 他们跟我八字不合 |
[06:21] | See how famous she is? | 瞧她多出名 |
[06:23] | Even childless gay people know her name. | 没孩子的基佬都知道她的大名 |
[06:29] | You want me to plan your wedding? | 你想让我做你的婚礼策划吗 |
[06:30] | Invite me to that dinner. | 那当晚也邀请我 |
[06:31] | That’s it? Why? | 这就行啦 为什么 |
[06:32] | It’s every wedding planner’s dream to do Indian weddings. | 每个婚礼策划者都梦想做一场印度婚礼 |
[06:35] | They last seven days and spend a fortune. | 长达七天 各种烧钱 |
[06:38] | Kapoor could be just the connection I need | 卡普尔可能成为我打入 |
[06:39] | to break into the Indian wedding circuit. | 印度婚礼圈的重要纽带 |
[06:41] | Okay, so if I make this happen, | 好 要是我请了你 |
[06:42] | then I’ll get my dream prison wedding? | 就能得到梦寐以求的监狱婚礼了 |
[06:45] | Tell Emmet to sharpen his shiv… | 让艾米特把刀磨锋利了 |
[06:46] | he’s got a cake to cut. | 等着切婚礼蛋糕吧 |
[06:49] | See you Friday. | 周五见 |
[06:52] | Uh, about this dinner. | 关于那顿晚餐 |
[06:55] | For the sake of Wilbur’s health, I really need you all | 为了威尔伯的健康 我真的需要你们 |
[06:57] | to back me up on some white lies I told Dr. Kapoor. | 帮我在卡普尔医生面前圆个谎 |
[07:00] | What kind of lies? | 圆什么谎 |
[07:01] | Well, I said I’d be cooking | 我说我会做印度菜 |
[07:03] | when really I’m having it catered by an Indian chef. | 其实是我找了个印度厨子做的 |
[07:08] | Why? If you can’t cook Indian food, | 为什么 要是你不会做印度菜 |
[07:10] | she won’t treat your grandson? | 她就不给你孙子看病 |
[07:12] | That’s another thing. | 还有一个谎 |
[07:14] | I’m Wilbur’s mum, not his granny. | 我现在是威尔伯的妈 不是奶奶 |
[07:18] | So you’re dating this guy because his mom thinks | 所以你要和那小子约会 就因为他老妈 |
[07:21] | you’re a gourmet Indian chef with a functioning womb? | 觉得你会烧印度菜 还尚有生育能力 |
[07:28] | When the truth is, you hate curry. | 可事实是你讨厌咖喱 |
[07:30] | And your womb’s in the Smithsonian. | 你的子宫也老得能进博物馆了吧 |
[07:38] | This has got to be the craziest lie you’ve ever told. | 这应该是你撒过的谎里最疯狂的一个了 |
[07:41] | Actually… | 其实呢 |
[07:43] | it gets a little bit crazier. | 比这还要疯狂一点 |
[07:54] | Too much? | 太过了吗 |
[07:56] | You look beautiful, but is it necessary? | 你看着很美 但有这必要吗 |
[07:58] | I’m just trying to play up my Indian side. | 我就是想展现下我的印度血统 |
[08:02] | You don’t have an Indian side! | 你哪来的印度血统 |
[08:06] | Speaking of that, if Dr. Kapoor asks, | 说到血统 万一卡普尔医生问你 |
[08:09] | where do we say you’re from in India? | 你老家是印度哪的怎么办 |
[08:10] | Oh, no. | 糟糕 |
[08:11] | I hadn’t thought about that. | 我还真没想过这个问题 |
[08:12] | What if she asks me what caste I am? | 她万一问我的”种姓”怎么办 |
[08:14] | I’d just say, “Miscast.” | 我建议叫「选角失败」 |
[08:20] | Speaking of casting, | 说到选角 |
[08:21] | don’t you have a callback to get to? | 你不是收到了试镜回应 要再去一趟吗 |
[08:23] | If you leave now there will be one less person | 如果你现在离开 就会少一个人 |
[08:24] | to screw things up for me. | 来坏我的事 |
[08:26] | Oh, relax. You’re gonna be great. | 放轻松 你会演得很棒的 |
[08:28] | I believe in you. | 我看好你 |
[08:29] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:31] | See what a good actor I am? | 瞧我的演技多高超 以假乱真 |
[08:42] | Manu, the food smells wonderful. | 曼努 这菜闻着真香 |
[08:46] | I hope Dr. Kapoor will like it. | 真希望卡普尔医生能喜欢 |
[08:48] | And she will tell all her patients | 然后她会向病人推荐 |
[08:49] | and my restaurant will be a great success. | 然后我的餐馆就火了 |
[08:52] | I am sure all of these things will happen. | 我相信这肯定没问题 |
[08:55] | Eventually. | 最终会的 |
[08:56] | But tonight, you must say I cooked this food. | 但今晚你必须说这是我做的 |
[08:58] | What? | 什么 |
[08:59] | This was not discussed. I cannot lie. | 我们可没商量好要这么说 我不能撒谎 |
[09:02] | I have honor. I have dignity. | 荣誉诚可贵 尊严价更高 |
[09:04] | I would need at least triple my fee. | 薪水翻三倍 二者皆可抛 |
[09:07] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[09:08] | But I cooked, you serve. | 但必须说我是大厨 你是服务员 |
[09:12] | Wait. | 慢着 |
[09:13] | Don’t open it yet. | 先别开门 |
[09:14] | I have a thing. | 这儿要有个礼节 |
[09:19] | Namaste. | 这厢有礼了 |
[09:23] | Look at you. | 看你穿的 |
[09:25] | I wore a sari just like that last Halloween. | 我去年万圣节也穿了一件纱丽 |
[09:28] | I was, “Ann Curry.” | 就好像是 安·克里[咖喱] |
[09:33] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[09:35] | Jeffrey’s joining us for dinner. | 杰夫瑞来和我们共进晚餐 |
[09:36] | You invited him? | 你竟然邀请了他 |
[09:37] | I told her she should have asked. | 我叫她提前跟你打个招呼 |
[09:38] | You knew? | 你早就知道 |
[09:39] | Yes, she invited me. She knew, | 没错 她请的我 她也知道 |
[09:41] | and this is tedious. | 这也太无聊了 |
[09:42] | Who’s making me a drink? | 谁来给我调杯酒 |
[09:43] | I can drink. | 我可以喝点酒 |
[09:46] | What were you thinking? | 你脑子进水了 |
[09:48] | I am having my first and hopefully last date | 今天我要和一个土肥圆屌丝第一次约会 |
[09:50] | with some tubby loser | 他妈急不可耐地 |
[09:51] | whose mum is desperate to have him married, | 替他找媳妇儿 我躲还来不及 |
[09:53] | and you invite a wedding planner? | 你却请了一个婚礼策划人 |
[09:54] | Well, I had no choice. | 我没别的办法 |
[09:56] | It’s the only way he’d agree to do my prison wedding. | 只有这样他才同意帮我策划监狱婚礼 |
[09:58] | And he’s just here to drum up some Indian wedding business. | 他来这就是为了揽点印度婚礼的生意 |
[10:01] | I don’t care. He has to leave right… | 我才不管呢 让他立马给我… |
[10:03] | Oh, bloody hell. | 上帝啊 |
[10:09] | We’ll be fine. | 没事的 |
[10:10] | You just do that hindu that you do so well. | 你继续搞印度那一套吧 |
[10:15] | – Namaste. – Namaste. | -有礼了 -有礼了 |
[10:19] | Oh, does this mean your son is not coming? | 看这样子你儿子没来 |
[10:22] | Maybe? | 或许吧 |
[10:23] | No, he’s just dragging his heels as usual. | 不 他总是拖拖拉拉的 |
[10:25] | Ravi. | 拉维 |
[10:28] | Hello. | 你好 |
[10:32] | You’re Ravi? | 你就是拉维吗 |
[10:33] | The competitive eater? | 那个大胃王 |
[10:37] | Well, you know Indian mothers. | 印度的母亲都爱夸张 |
[10:38] | You win one pie-eating contest… | 吃派比赛获过一次奖而已 |
[10:41] | What an elegant sari. | 你穿的纱丽服可真漂亮 |
[10:42] | It shows her lovely | 刚好衬托出她那俊俏 |
[10:44] | and still childbearing-if-you-hurry hips. | 却”抓紧时间尚能生育”的屁股 |
[10:50] | She’s even prettier than you described. | 她比你说的还要漂亮的多 |
[10:51] | Right back at you. | 你也很帅啊 |
[10:54] | You didn’t mention your son was so handsome. | 你之前没告诉我你儿子有这么帅 |
[10:56] | If he’s so handsome, why is he so single? | 要是他真这么帅 为什么现在还是单身 |
[10:59] | It’s like his software company. | 他就跟他的软件公司一样 |
[11:01] | Why did he sell it for millions | 他当初只卖了几百万 |
[11:02] | when he could have made billions, like Apple? | 要是守到现在能挣几十亿 跟苹果公司一样 |
[11:04] | What? What? | 什么 神马 |
[11:11] | Hello. | 你好 |
[11:12] | Hello. | 你好 |
[11:14] | These are my housemates, Victoria and Melanie. | 这两位是我的室友 维多利亚和梅兰妮 |
[11:17] | And this is Jeffrey, | 这位是杰夫瑞 |
[11:18] | my super talented wedding planner. | 超级有天赋的婚礼策划师 |
[11:20] | It’s an honor to meet you, Dr. Kapoor. | 很荣幸认识你 卡普尔医生 |
[11:22] | And Ravi, was it? | 你是拉维 对吧 |
[11:25] | A wedding planner? | 婚礼策划师 |
[11:26] | You reek of desperation. | 你还真是急不可耐啊 |
[11:31] | I approve. | 我赞成 |
[11:34] | Look, my delicious food. | 看 我做的美食来了 |
[11:36] | Please, enjoy. | 请尽情享用 |
[11:38] | You have a lovely home. | 你家可真美 |
[11:40] | Would you mind giving me a tour? | 可否带我转一转 |
[11:41] | My pleasure. | 我很乐意 |
[11:44] | These pakoras are delicious. | 这些帕可拉油炸食物真好吃 |
[11:46] | What’s that spice I taste? | 你放了什么调味品 |
[11:48] | Oh, I could not tell you my secret. | 我可不能告诉你我的秘方 |
[11:52] | Believe me, she could not. | 相信我 她真的不能 |
[12:03] | I am so sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[12:04] | – For what? – I know my mother. | -为什么 -我知道我母亲的行为 |
[12:06] | I’m sure she made it clear | 我知道她一定明白地告诉你 |
[12:07] | she wouldn’t treat your son | 如果你不同意和我约会 |
[12:08] | unless you would date me. | 她就不会给你的孩子看病 |
[12:09] | But can I ask you for a huge favor? | 但是 你能帮我个大忙吗 |
[12:12] | What? | 什么 |
[12:13] | Could we flirt a little? | 我们能不能稍微地调个情 |
[12:15] | It’ll get my mother off my back, | 这样我母亲就不会总盯着我 |
[12:16] | and you’d get the best doctor in Cleveland. | 克利夫兰最好的医生也可以替你的孩子看病 |
[12:18] | Yes, we can flirt. | 可以 可以调情 |
[12:20] | We can touch, we can date. | 还能触摸 更可以约会 |
[12:22] | Perhaps sometime a weekend away. | 周末偶尔出城一趟也行 |
[12:25] | Good flirting. | 这调情手段很高啊 |
[12:26] | But save it for mom. | 留着演给我妈看吧 |
[12:28] | Joy, your wit is as sparkling | 乔依 你不仅冰雪聪明 |
[12:31] | as your lovely, mischievous eyes. | 眼睛也是那么的漂亮活泼 |
[12:33] | And my eyes are far from my most mischievous organ. | 我眼睛的”活泼”程度远不及我另一个器官 |
[12:39] | Whoa, that was quick. | 进展得可真快啊 |
[12:43] | Why go slowly? | 为何要慢吞吞的呢 |
[12:44] | Your friend knows that ripeness is all. | 你的朋友深谙有花堪折直须折 |
[12:47] | Today’s firm mango is tomorrow’s smoothie. | 刚收上来的稻子 就赶紧煮成熟饭吧 |
[12:54] | But look who I’m telling. | 不过 瞧你这大龄剩女的样子 |
[13:03] | Have you lost your mind? | 你是不是疯了 |
[13:05] | You’re flirting with Ravi like you mean it. | 你和拉维调情的时像是真心的 |
[13:07] | I do. He’s sweet and handsome. | 当然 长得帅 人又好 |
[13:10] | Not to mention, rich. | 更别提还那么有钱 |
[13:11] | I can really see a future for us. | 我觉得我们是很有希望的 |
[13:13] | I know it sounds crazy. | 我知道这听起来很疯狂 |
[13:14] | No, you know what sounds crazy? | 不 你知道真正疯狂的是什么吗 |
[13:16] | You talking like this for the rest of your life. | 从今往后你都要这个样子说话了 |
[13:21] | You were insane to come here tonight. | 你今晚来这里真是太疯狂了 |
[13:23] | I don’t care. I love you, Ravi. | 我不在乎 我爱你 拉维 |
[13:25] | And I love you. | 我也爱你 |
[13:28] | Ravi, you’re gay? | 拉维 你是同性恋吗 |
[13:31] | Gay for your samosas. | 吃了你的咖喱角太开心 |
[13:37] | Jeffrey, when did you come out? | 杰夫瑞 你是什么时候出来的[出柜] |
[13:38] | Sweetie, I was never in. | 亲 我就没在柜子里待过 |
[13:41] | It’s Ravi who needs to come out. | 拉维才是需要”出柜”的那个 |
[13:43] | What? | 什么 |
[13:44] | Ravi and Jeffrey are lovers. | 拉维和杰夫瑞是一对 |
[13:46] | Will you please be quiet? My mother will hear. | 能小声一点吗 我妈会听见的 |
[13:48] | She needs to hear. | 她需要知道 |
[13:50] | We’ve been together for two years, | 我们已经在一起两年了 |
[13:51] | and he still hasn’t told her about us. | 但他还没告诉他妈我们的事 |
[13:53] | I thought it would be easier for him to tell the truth | 我本来以为如果能见到他妈并让她喜欢我 |
[13:55] | if I met her and she liked me. | 他就能更容易说出口 |
[13:58] | If I tell her the truth, trust me, | 如果我告诉她真相 相信我 |
[13:59] | – she won’t like you. – Or me. | -她不会喜欢你的 -包括我 |
[14:01] | She’ll blame me for bringing you together | 她会怪我把你们一起约来 |
[14:02] | and refuse to treat Wilbur. | 并因此拒绝医治威尔伯 |
[14:04] | Wait, your accent’s gone. You’re not Indian? | 等等 你的口音没了 你不是印度人吗 |
[14:10] | Am I the only one here who’s not living a lie? | 这里就我一个人不是满嘴谎话吗 |
[14:14] | Oh, please. | 拜托 |
[14:15] | You said the only reason you wanted to come | 你说你想来的唯一原因 |
[14:17] | was to plan an Indian wedding. | 是想接办一场印度婚礼 |
[14:18] | Yes. Mine. | 没错 我的婚礼 |
[14:22] | Ravi, my love… | 拉维 我的爱人 |
[14:23] | No, stop! | 别 停下 |
[14:24] | What’s going on out here? | 外面这是怎么了 |
[14:26] | I lost a contact lens. | 我丢了片隐形眼镜 |
[14:27] | We are all looking for it. | 我们都在找呢 |
[14:31] | Found it! | 找到了 |
[14:33] | Oh, thank you, Ravi. | 谢谢你 拉维 |
[14:36] | I can now see your handsome face. | 我又能看到你英俊的脸了 |
[14:39] | I think these lovebirds were trying to steal a moment. | 我觉得这对小鸳鸯需要一点独处的时间 |
[14:41] | Let’s give them some privacy. | 我们还是回避一下吧 |
[14:47] | You must think I’m a coward | 你肯定觉得我是个懦夫 |
[14:48] | to hide from my mother this way. | 对我母亲隐瞒这一切 |
[14:49] | Well, it would be nice if you could tell her someday. | 如果你哪天愿意告诉她 那肯定是好事 |
[14:51] | Just not tonight. | 别今晚就好 |
[14:53] | Every Indian mother dreams of the day | 每一位印度母亲都期盼着有一天 |
[14:55] | her son gets married | 看到自己的儿子结婚 |
[14:56] | ’cause then she’ll have a daughter-in-law | 因为那样一来她下半辈子 |
[14:57] | to push around for the rest of her life. | 就有个媳妇可以用来使唤了 |
[14:59] | Can’t she push Jeffrey around? | 她就不能使唤杰夫瑞吗 |
[15:01] | If you push Jeffrey, he pushes right back. | 如果你敢使唤杰夫瑞 他会还手的 |
[15:02] | Oh, why did I fall for a man so gay and sassy? | 我怎么会爱上这么个泼辣又娘们儿的男人呢 |
[15:11] | You’ll work it out, Ravi, | 你们会想到解决办法的 拉维 |
[15:12] | and we’ll get through this night. | 我们一定能顺利熬过今晚 |
[15:14] | We just have to play our parts | 只要我们演好自己的角色 |
[15:15] | and not let things get any more complicated. | 不要让事情变得更加复杂 |
[15:18] | I want a double vodka, and I want it now! | 我要一杯高度伏特加 现在就要 |
[15:21] | Elka. | 爱尔卡 |
[15:23] | I thought you had a callback? | 你不是去再度试镜了吗 |
[15:25] | The part was already cast. | 角色已经被别人抢走了 |
[15:27] | Well, I’m sorry, but you can’t stay. | 我很难过 但你不能待在这儿 |
[15:29] | Things are messy enough. | 情况已经够乱的了 |
[15:30] | Ravi’s boyfriend showed up, | 拉维的男朋友来了 |
[15:32] | and his mother doesn’t know he’s gay. | 而他妈妈还不知道他是同性恋 |
[15:33] | The last thing we need is you barging in here | 我们可不想你再闯进来 |
[15:35] | pounding down vodkas | 猛灌伏特加 |
[15:37] | and whining about some part you didn’t get. | 抱怨没能得到那个角色 |
[15:39] | Why didn’t they pick me? | 他们为什么不选我 |
[15:41] | Well, your accent was a bit inconsistent. | 你的口音的确有点不一致 |
[15:45] | You should talk. | 你也有脸说别人 |
[15:48] | Oh, rubbish! I was spot on. | 胡扯 我口音正得很 |
[15:50] | Oh, you’re British. You must be Joy’s mother. | 你是英国人 那你一定是乔依的母亲了 |
[15:54] | Quite so. | 没错 |
[15:58] | This should be jolly good fun. | 这下可有好戏看了 |
[16:07] | I can’t believe we got through dinner. | 真不敢相信我们居然熬过了晚餐 |
[16:09] | I thought for sure Elka would ruin everything | 我还以为爱尔卡一定会把事情搞砸了 |
[16:11] | with her stupid stories about my supposed childhood in India. | 光扯我在印度的假想童年 破坏力就够了 |
[16:15] | That last one was just the plot | 最后那个就是电影 |
[16:16] | from Bend it Like Beckham. | 《我爱贝克汉姆》的剧情 |
[16:20] | That was a fascinating story | 这个靠左行驶的故事 |
[16:22] | about driving on the left side of the road, Elka. | 讲得真不错 爱尔卡 |
[16:25] | But perhaps Dr. Kapoor would prefer | 但也许卡普尔医生更想听一些 |
[16:27] | to hear some anecdotes from a famous actress. | 著名演员的生活轶事 |
[16:30] | Actually, Ms. Chase, | 说实话 蔡斯女士 |
[16:31] | I’m a bit of an actress myself. | 我自己也算是个演员 |
[16:34] | Just today I got cast as Lady Bracknell | 今天我就拿到了一个角色 |
[16:36] | in The Importance of Being Earnest. | 饰演《不可儿戏》中的布莱克纳尔夫人 |
[16:42] | What? | 什么 |
[16:44] | The director assured me that I was the best choice. | 导演说我是最佳人选 |
[16:48] | One ridiculous woman even came in costume. | 还有个可笑的女人居然穿着戏服来的 |
[16:51] | How could someone be so clueless? | 怎么会有人这么糊涂 |
[16:53] | I’m clueless? | 我糊涂 |
[16:56] | You don’t even know your son is gay. | 你连自己的儿子是基佬都不知道 |
[17:01] | Thank you! | 谢谢你啊 |
[17:02] | – What? – Elka! | -什么 -爱尔卡 |
[17:03] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[17:05] | Joy, your accent. | 乔依 你的口音 |
[17:07] | What’s going on here? | 到底怎么回事 |
[17:09] | Okay. I lied. | 好吧 我撒谎了 |
[17:10] | But for a good cause. | 但本意是好的 |
[17:12] | She just wanted to help her grandchild. | 她只不过想帮帮自己的孙子 |
[17:13] | Grandchild? | 孙子 |
[17:17] | They didn’t need to know that part. | 他们不需要知道这个啊 |
[17:20] | Let’s go, Ravi. | 我们走 拉维 |
[17:21] | This woman is a liar, | 这娘们儿是个谎话精 |
[17:23] | and this girl is not for you. | 她不适合你 |
[17:25] | No girl is for me. | 没有适合我的姑娘 |
[17:27] | The truth is… | 真相是 |
[17:28] | I love Jeffrey. | 我爱的是杰夫瑞 |
[17:31] | And we’re going to be married. | 而且我们打算结婚 |
[17:32] | Married? | 结婚 |
[17:33] | We’ve been hiding our love for years. | 我们秘密相爱好多年了 |
[17:35] | So you mean I’ll never have a daughter-in-law? | 所以你的意思是我永远不会有儿媳妇了 |
[17:37] | Look, I understand this is a bit of a shock, | 听着 我知道这事有点突然 |
[17:40] | but everything’s out in the open now. | 但现在大家都敞开天窗说亮话了 |
[17:42] | No more secrets, no more lies. | 不再有秘密和谎言 |
[17:44] | Who wants some of Joy’s famous raskadambas? | 谁想吃乔依的拿手好菜 印度甜蛋糕 |
[17:48] | Ravi, we’re leaving. | 拉维 我们得走了 |
[17:49] | Please, wait. | 拜托 等一等 |
[17:51] | I know you’re upset, | 我知道你不高兴 |
[17:52] | but you have to be Wilbur’s doctor. | 但你得当威尔伯的医生 |
[17:54] | He means the world to me. | 他对我来说就是全世界 |
[17:56] | I gave up his dad for adoption when I was a teenager. | 我还是个少女的时候 曾把他的爸爸送走领养 |
[17:59] | You don’t know how guilty that makes a woman feel. | 你无法体会那会让一个女人有多愧疚 |
[18:02] | Actually, Ms. Scroggs, I do. | 事实上 斯克罗格女士 我懂 |
[18:05] | I too had a child when I was very young. | 我在年少时也有过一个孩子 |
[18:07] | I also gave him up for adoption. | 我也把他送去领养了 |
[18:09] | Mom, is that true? | 妈 这是真的吗 |
[18:10] | It was before I met your father. | 那是我认识你父亲之前的事了 |
[18:12] | Years later after I finished med school, | 很多年之后 从医学院毕业时 |
[18:14] | I tried to find this child. | 我试图找到这个孩子 |
[18:15] | I was told he was taken to a small village called Chimurawati. | 据说他被带到一个叫赤木日瓦提的小村子 |
[18:18] | Chimurawati? | 赤木日瓦提 |
[18:26] | Well, that is the name of my village. | 我就是那个村子的 |
[18:28] | Then perhaps you might know what happened | 说不定你知道那个 |
[18:29] | to a small child with a strange birthmark on his wrist, | 手腕上有个奇怪胎记的小孩怎么样了 |
[18:32] | a birthmark shaped like a handbag. | 胎记的形状像个手袋 |
[18:35] | Handbag? | 手袋 |
[18:40] | A birthmark like this? | 像这样的胎记吗 |
[18:43] | My baby. | 我的宝贝 |
[18:44] | Oh, my mother. | 我的母亲 |
[18:45] | My brother? | 我的兄弟 |
[18:48] | My head is still spinning from all these wild goings-on, | 我的脑袋还为这些离谱的事情晕着呢 |
[18:51] | but I am so glad to finally get to know my long lost boy. | 但是我很开心终于能和我失散已久的儿子相认 |
[18:55] | What a shame you’ll be so busy rehearsing. | 太可惜了 你还得忙着排练 |
[19:01] | You have a point. | 你说得对 |
[19:02] | The part of Lady Bracknell is yours. | 布拉克内尔夫人的角色归你了 |
[19:04] | I’ll be too busy bonding with my Manu. | 我得把时间都用来跟曼努联系感情 |
[19:07] | And Nishka. | 还有尼什卡 |
[19:08] | Oh, who’s Nishka? | 尼什卡是谁 |
[19:09] | My wife. | 我老婆 |
[19:11] | You mean I have a daughter-in-law? | 你是说我有个儿媳妇 |
[19:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:14] | But you must be gentle with her. | 但你一定要对她温柔点 |
[19:16] | She’s timid and easily bullied. | 她很害羞 又好欺负 |
[19:20] | Manu, you fill my heart with joy. | 曼努 你让我充满欢喜 |
[19:23] | Okay, Ravi, | 好吧 拉维 |
[19:24] | if this man makes you happy, | 如果这个男人能让你幸福 |
[19:26] | marry him. | 跟他结婚吧 |
[19:27] | Thank you, mom. | 谢谢你 妈妈 |
[19:28] | I only hope our wedding is as nice | 我只希望我们的婚礼能够 |
[19:29] | as the one he plans for you. | 跟他为你策划的一样美好 |
[19:31] | Both will have many guests wearing orange. | 两场婚礼都会有很多穿橘色衣服[监狱服]的宾客 |