时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Hot in Cleveland is recorded in front of a live studio audience. | 《燃情克利夫兰》是在摄影棚观众前现场录制的 |
[00:04] | I call to order the first meeting of project Oscar. | 我宣布奥斯卡项目第一次会议开始 |
[00:07] | Now the academy award ballots are being mailed out this week | 这周奥斯卡投票就要寄送出去了 |
[00:09] | and I am determined to be nominated. | 我一定要获得提名 |
[00:11] | So first order of business… | 所以第一件事… |
[00:13] | Get a time machine and give a better performance? | 找个时间机器穿越回去 演得更好吗 |
[00:19] | I have hired our little detective here | 我已经邀请了这位侦探 |
[00:21] | to track down any academy members living in the Cleveland area. | 追查住在克利夫兰的奥斯卡成员 |
[00:24] | I was able to find all three members. | 我找到了所有三名成员 |
[00:27] | I got Corey Chambers? | 我负责的是科利·钱伯斯吗 |
[00:29] | Oh, he was my favorite teen actor in high school. | 他是我在高中时最喜欢的青少年演员 |
[00:30] | I was obsessed with him. | 我爱死他了 |
[00:32] | I dreamed that he’d asked me to prom. | 我梦想他会邀请我参加毕业舞会 |
[00:34] | I knew he would see past my acne and back brace and… | 我知道他不会在意我的痘 背撑还有 |
[00:37] | Lazy boob. | 懒惰咪咪 |
[00:40] | “Lazy boob”? | “懒惰咪咪” |
[00:41] | One boob was slower to grow. | 一边咪咪发育得慢些 |
[00:44] | Joy has two of those. | 乔依两边的都很慢 |
[00:52] | This is incredible. | 这太棒了 |
[00:53] | My high school reunion is coming up, | 就快到高中同学聚会了 |
[00:54] | and I wasn’t gonna go. | 我本来不打算去的 |
[00:56] | But what if we meet and fall in love, | 但如果我们相遇 坠入爱河 |
[00:59] | like I always dreamed, and I bring him to my reunion? | 就像我一直梦想的那样 我带他参加聚会 |
[01:01] | That’ll show ’em. Who’s “smell-anie” now? | 那会让他们大开眼界 现在谁是”臭烂妮” |
[01:06] | It’s hard to shower with a back brace. | 戴着背撑很难洗澡 所以身上有点臭 |
[01:10] | This might be a good time to stress | 现在可能是一个强调的好时机 |
[01:12] | that you can’t make fools of yourselves with these actors. | 你不能在这些演员面前出丑 |
[01:15] | Got it, got it. | 知道了 知道了 |
[01:16] | Oh, he volunteers at Petsmart charity adoption events. | 他在聪明宠物慈善收养活动上做义工 |
[01:18] | So do I. That’s my in. | 我也是 这是我搭讪的办法 |
[01:20] | Excellent. Elka? | 太棒了 爱尔卡 |
[01:21] | I’ve got Rusty Banks. | 我负责的是拉斯蒂·班克斯 |
[01:24] | I remember him. | 我记得他 |
[01:25] | He was a child actor, | 他是童星 |
[01:26] | but I’ve never heard of his movies. | 但我没听说过他拍的电影 |
[01:27] | Oh, they were westerns. | 都是西部片 |
[01:29] | And they called him the comeback kid | 他们叫他「回头小子」 |
[01:30] | because he was always telling people to come back. | 因为他总是叫别人回来 |
[01:32] | “You’re coming back, ain’t you, China Joe?” | “你会回来的 对吧 中国乔” |
[01:36] | Terrible movie. | 烂透了的电影 |
[01:39] | Well, my actor is Ivy Johnson. | 我负责的演员是艾薇·约翰逊 |
[01:42] | Oh, from Night of the hereafter. | 出演《此后的夜晚》的那个 |
[01:43] | I saw that last week. She is amazing. | 我上周看过了 她超棒 |
[01:45] | Oh, so young and beautiful. | 年轻貌美 |
[01:47] | And it’s her first movie. | 这还是她的第一部电影呢 |
[01:48] | Yes, we all hate her. | 是啊 我们都讨厌她 |
[01:51] | But won’t she just vote for herself? | 但她难道不会给自己投票吗 |
[01:53] | Well, of course. But she can nominate me as well. | 当然啦 但她也能提名我 |
[01:56] | Or maybe she’s one of those honorable people | 或者也许她是那种可敬的人 |
[01:58] | who refuse to vote for themselves, | 不会给自己投票 |
[02:00] | like I say I am. | 比如我就宣称如此 |
[02:03] | Ivy’s staying with her parents. | 艾薇和她父母住在一起 |
[02:05] | She only goes out to go to group therapy. | 她只出门参加集体治疗 |
[02:07] | Word on the street is she’s a hot mess. | 谣传她虽是个性感尤物 但整个人一团糟 |
[02:09] | Oh, good. My word got out. | 真好 我的谣言传出去了 |
[02:13] | I’ll be infiltrating that therapy group. | 我就去渗透集体治疗吧 |
[02:15] | Frankly, I’m happy for the diversion. | 说实话 我很高兴有这事来分散注意力 |
[02:18] | Ever since Simon left, I’m not interested in dating. | 自从西蒙离开后 我就对约会没兴趣 |
[02:21] | But I know he may never come back, | 但我知道他也许永远不会回来 |
[02:23] | so I mustn’t put all my eggs in one basket. | 所以我不该把所有鸡蛋放在一个篮子里 |
[02:26] | You got enough eggs left to need a basket? | 你的蛋[卵子]还多到需要篮子的地步吗 |
[02:32] | Speaking of eggs, Elka, | 说到鸡蛋 爱尔卡 |
[02:35] | since you were there, was it the chicken or the egg? | 既然你当时在场 是先有鸡还是先有蛋啊 |
[02:52] | Excuse me, Mr. banks? | 打扰了 班克斯先生 |
[02:55] | The one and only. | 就是我 |
[02:57] | Roy! | 罗伊 |
[02:59] | You’re Rusty Banks? | 你是拉斯蒂·班克斯吗 |
[03:00] | Yes, ma’am. | 是啊 女士 |
[03:02] | How are you, Elka? Have a seat. | 你好吗 爱尔卡 请坐 |
[03:04] | What’s it been? Two years? | 我们有两年没见了吧 |
[03:07] | Yeah, ever since my mom wouldn’t let me date you anymore. | 是啊 从我妈不让我再和你交往 就没见过了 |
[03:12] | I remember. | 我记得 |
[03:14] | Is she…well? | 她还好吗 |
[03:17] | She’s great. | 她好得很 |
[03:19] | She got remarried last year. | 她去年再婚了 |
[03:20] | Now, of course, my baby stepbrother | 当然 我的继小弟 |
[03:23] | gets all the attention. | 便成了大家的掌上之宝 |
[03:25] | “Baby stepbrother”? | 继小弟 |
[03:26] | Yeah, just turned 70. | 是啊 刚满70岁 |
[03:29] | Kids do say the darndest things. | 真是童言无忌啊 |
[03:31] | Mostly because of the dementia. | 主要是因为痴呆 |
[03:35] | I had no idea you were in show business. | 我完全不知道你曾混过演艺圈 |
[03:39] | I made 50 pictures before I was ten. | 我十岁之前就拍了50部电影 |
[03:42] | But then Hollywood decided I wasn’t cute anymore, | 但随后好莱坞觉得我不再可爱了 |
[03:44] | so we moved back to Ohio. | 于是我们搬回了俄亥俄州 |
[03:46] | Well, a cute kid is nice, but a handsome man is nicer. | 可爱的小孩挺好的 但是英俊的男人更棒 |
[03:56] | That is wonderful. | 那太棒了 |
[03:57] | Ivy, can you go a little deeper with that thought? | 艾薇 你能深入讲讲那个想法吗 |
[04:00] | I just want to scream and disappear. | 我就想尖叫 然后消失 |
[04:04] | I think that’s something we can all relate to, right? | 我觉得我们都对此深有共鸣 对吧 |
[04:08] | I’m sorry. I didn’t quite catch that. | 对不起 我没听清 |
[04:10] | What did she say? | 她说的是什么 |
[04:13] | Ivy has some issues with vocal confidence right now. | 艾薇现在说话不大自信 |
[04:15] | She’s feeling some anxiety due to the pressures of fame. | 由于成名压力 她觉得有些焦虑 |
[04:18] | But we’re gonna help her through it, right? | 但我们会帮她解决的 对吧 |
[04:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[04:23] | How about you, Joy? | 你呢 乔依 |
[04:24] | Is there anything you’d like to share with the group? | 有没有什么想和大家分享的 |
[04:27] | I’m not sure if I’m ready yet, | 我不确定我现在准备好了 |
[04:28] | but you guys carry on. | 你们继续吧 |
[04:36] | I think Ivy sums it up perfectly. | 我觉得艾薇总结得很好 |
[04:39] | She does? | 是吗 |
[04:39] | Yeah, group can be daunting at first. | 是啊 集体治疗一开始可能会很吓人 |
[04:41] | Just tell us about yourself, anything at all. | 跟大家说说你自己的事吧 任何事都行 |
[04:44] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[04:45] | My name is Joy. | 我叫乔依 |
[04:47] | I’m originally from Britain but moved to Los Angeles | 我是英国人 但是搬到了洛杉矶 |
[04:50] | where I started a successful business. | 在那里开创了成功的事业 |
[04:53] | And now Simon’s halfway around the world! | 现在西蒙远在地球的另一端 |
[04:56] | He said he’d come back, | 他说他会回来 |
[04:58] | but he’s already lined up two more assignments. | 但他已经排了另外两个任务 |
[05:01] | So I just have to accept that | 所以我只能接受 |
[05:03] | he’s someone who’s never gonna stay with me. | 他是永远不会留在我身边的人 |
[05:07] | That was a good share, Joy, and I think John– | 这个分享很不错 乔依 我觉得约翰 |
[05:09] | The problem is | 问题是 |
[05:11] | I can’t help comparing every guy I meet to him. | 我一直在把新认识的所有男人和他对比 |
[05:14] | I can’t move on with my life. | 我没法继续我的生活 |
[05:20] | – She said that– – I know. | -她说… -我知道 |
[05:21] | I understood this time. | 这次我听懂了 |
[05:28] | So Roy is Rusty Banks? | 罗伊就是拉斯蒂·班克斯吗 |
[05:31] | And he agreed to vote for me? | 他同意给我投票了吗 |
[05:33] | Your name never came up. | 我们没提到你的名字 |
[05:36] | Well, see that it does. | 保证下次提到 |
[05:38] | Joy, were you able to infiltrate Ivy’s therapy group? | 乔依 你有没有成功打入艾薇的治疗小组 |
[05:41] | Yes. | 当然 |
[05:42] | I posed as an unstable woman, | 我装成一个情绪不稳定的女人 |
[05:44] | and they bought it. | 他们都信了 |
[05:48] | There’s your Oscar performance. | 这才是配得上奥斯卡奖的表演啊 |
[05:52] | Actually, therapy was quite cathartic. | 其实 治疗还挺有宣泄作用的 |
[05:55] | I think if I keep going, | 我想如果我继续下去 |
[05:56] | I can work through some of my issues with Simon. | 就能解决和西蒙的一些问题 |
[05:58] | Well, what about Ivy? | 那艾薇呢 |
[06:00] | Oh, poor thing. | 可怜的姑娘 |
[06:01] | She’s clearly insecure | 她显然没有安全感 |
[06:03] | and struggling with her sudden fame. | 在努力适应突然成名这一事 |
[06:04] | Excellent. | 太棒了 |
[06:06] | If we can fuel those insecurities, | 如果我们能刺激那些不安全感 |
[06:08] | maybe we can convince her to drop her name | 也许我们能说服她 |
[06:09] | from the Oscar ballot completely. | 完全退出奥斯卡评选 |
[06:11] | Oh, people will have to | 然后大家只能给另一个 |
[06:12] | vote for the other fresh-faced ingenue. | 面带稚气 天真无邪的少女投票了 |
[06:17] | Me. | 就是我啊 |
[06:19] | Okay, before you say anything, yeah, I know. | 在你说话之前 好吧 我知道 |
[06:21] | I got a huge zit on my forehead. | 我的前额上有颗大痘痘 |
[06:23] | What? No. | 什么 没有 |
[06:24] | I don’t see anything. | 我什么也没看见 |
[06:28] | It’s like a third eye. | 简直像二郎神一样 |
[06:34] | It’s following me. | 一直看着我呢 |
[06:38] | Oh, it’s moved to my chin too. | 我的下巴上也长了 |
[06:40] | It’s from that cream you gave me. | 都是你给我的面霜害的 |
[06:43] | You said the FDA wouldn’t approve it | 你说食品及药物管理局不肯过审 |
[06:44] | ’cause they were jealous. | 是因为他们嫉妒 |
[06:48] | I may have made that up. | 也许是我瞎编的 |
[06:50] | So how did it go with Corey? | 但是你和科利聊得怎么样啊 |
[06:51] | Oh, great, I think. | 我觉得挺不错的 |
[06:52] | I was able to lure him over to the house. | 我引诱他回了家 |
[06:53] | And of course I was super excited. | 当然 我超级激动 |
[06:54] | But I think we made a real connection. | 但我觉得我们很来电 |
[06:57] | I can’t believe I’m sitting next to Corey Chambers. | 真是难以置信 我坐在科利·钱伯斯旁边 |
[07:00] | And I’m being completely real | 我现在很真实 |
[07:01] | because I remember in Tiger Beat | 因为我记得在《老虎队》杂志采访中 |
[07:02] | you said you hated phonies. | 你说你讨厌虚假的东西 |
[07:09] | You said that this was a fundraising event? | 你之前不是说这是筹款活动吗 |
[07:11] | I’m gonna write a check. | 我会开支票的 |
[07:12] | And that Jim Brown would be here. | 橄榄球星吉姆·布朗也会来 |
[07:15] | I might have made that up. | 那个也许是我编的 |
[07:17] | I’m sorry, it’s just that | 对不起 只是 |
[07:19] | when I was a teenager, I used to have your poster over my bed, | 我还是青春少女时 床头上贴着你的海报 |
[07:22] | and I would dream that you would come alive | 我会梦想着 海报中的人成真 |
[07:25] | and crawl into my bed, | 爬进我的床 |
[07:26] | and then I would pull the sheets real tight | 然后我会死死拉住床单 |
[07:29] | so you couldn’t escape. | 不让你跑掉 |
[07:35] | It was a little rocky at first, | 一开始有点困难 |
[07:36] | but I charmed him. | 但我迷住了他 |
[07:38] | In fact, I rsvp’d yes to my high school reunion. | 事实上 我答应参加高中聚会了 |
[07:42] | If things go as planned, | 如果一切按计划进行 |
[07:43] | I am showing up with Corey on my arm. | 我就要挽着科利出席了 |
[07:46] | Your plan, Joy’s breakthrough, | 你的计划 乔依的突破 |
[07:48] | Elka’s happiness– | 爱尔卡的幸福 |
[07:50] | listen to yourselves! | 听听你们说的话 |
[07:52] | Such selfishness. | 真是自私啊 |
[07:53] | I mean, what about my Oscar? | 我的奥斯卡奖怎么办 |
[07:56] | Clearly, I’m gonna have to find some clever way | 显然 我得找到聪明的方法 |
[07:57] | to insert myself into your assignments. | 来把我插入你们的任务中 |
[08:00] | No, no, no, no. | 不 不用 |
[08:00] | You don’t have to worry about me. | 你没必要担心我 |
[08:01] | I made a real connection with Corey. | 我和科利相谈甚欢 |
[08:03] | And I will talk to him about you the next time I see him. | 下次我见到他时 会跟他说说你的事 |
[08:07] | – Melanie Moretti? – Yes. | -梅兰妮·莫雷蒂 -是我 |
[08:08] | This is a restraining order. | 这是一张限制令 |
[08:16] | I can’t believe I’m here with the great Rusty Banks. | 我居然和伟大的拉斯蒂·班克斯在一起 |
[08:18] | Not just a legend, | 不仅是个传奇 |
[08:20] | but a voting member of the academy for over 50 years. | 而且50多年来都是奥斯卡奖的投票成员 |
[08:23] | I don’t vote anymore. | 我现在不投票了 |
[08:25] | What? | 什么 |
[08:29] | It doesn’t feel right to vote. I don’t act anymore. | 感觉投票不对 我都不演戏了 |
[08:31] | So, what I’m hearing is that | 我听说的是 |
[08:34] | the dormant acting bug is awakening. | 你蛰伏已久的表演欲又苏醒了 |
[08:37] | I don’t know. Maybe. | 我不知道 也许吧 |
[08:39] | Oh, listen to that passion. | 听听这种激情 |
[08:43] | Now I’ll just bet that there is a dream project in there somewhere. | 我敢肯定你脑海里肯定有个梦想计划吧 |
[08:48] | Well, I always thought it would be kind of neat | 我总觉得如果「回头小子」 |
[08:51] | if the comeback kid made a comeback in a one-man revue. | 重新出演单人时事讽刺剧还挺好的 |
[08:54] | Where do I buy a ticket? | 我该上哪儿买票看呢 |
[08:57] | – I don’t know about this. – Oh, I do, I do. | -我可不大确定 -我确定 |
[08:59] | Oh, let’s do it, Roy. | 就这样做吧 罗伊 |
[09:00] | I’ll bankroll the whole thing. | 我来提供一切经济资助 |
[09:01] | Let’s put on a show | 我们来策划一场演出 |
[09:03] | and see where this old cow trail takes us. | 看看这条小道将带我们走向何方 |
[09:05] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是啊 |
[09:07] | Okay! Let me get my stetsen and my cowboy dance-belt. | 好咧 我去拿牛仔毡帽和牛仔舞腰带 |
[09:16] | What the hell? | 搞什么啊 |
[09:21] | Well, if he starts acting, | 如果他开始演出 |
[09:23] | then he’ll start voting for the Oscars again. | 那他就会再次为奥斯卡奖投票了 |
[09:25] | But actors are so self-centered | 但是演员都以自我为中心 |
[09:28] | and obnoxious. | 而且很讨厌 |
[09:31] | You do realize that I’m an actor. | 你知道我是个演员吧 |
[09:34] | The only one I know. | 我唯一认识的演员就是你 |
[09:44] | Hearing about Joy’s sad life | 听到乔依悲惨的生活 |
[09:45] | really made me feel better about my own. | 让我对自己的生活感觉好了很多 |
[09:48] | I get that a lot. | 大家经常对我说这话 |
[09:50] | Well, I’ve been making some progress. | 我已经取得一些进步了 |
[09:52] | And it may not sound like much, | 虽然听上去可能并不大 |
[09:53] | but I’ve been reading these scripts, | 但我最近看了一些新剧本 |
[09:55] | and I made a call to my agent | 我还打了电话给我的经纪人 |
[09:56] | to let him know I’m back in the game. | 通知他我又重回演艺圈了 |
[10:00] | If I could add to that. | 请容我接着说几句 |
[10:04] | Oh, everyone, let’s hear from our new member, Victoria. | 大家有请我们的新成员维多利亚说几句 |
[10:07] | I’m just so inspired by Ivy. | 艾薇的话让我深受启发 |
[10:10] | I mean, I don’t think I could’ve handled | 我是说 恐怕我完全没办法承受 |
[10:12] | so much success at such an early age. | 如此年少就大红大紫的压力 |
[10:15] | No wonder you say, “I feel like a fraud.” | 难怪你会说 “我感觉自己像个伪劣品一样” |
[10:19] | I didn’t say that. | 我可没那么说 |
[10:20] | Well, you or the critics– | 你或者那些评论家 |
[10:21] | someone has or will have said it. | 某人肯定说过 或者将来会说的 |
[10:23] | I hate to say this to a newcomer I don’t know, | 我也不想对一个陌生的新来者说这样的话 |
[10:27] | but shut up, Victoria. | 但我还是得说 闭嘴 维多利亚 |
[10:29] | I would, but I’m just– | 我会闭嘴的 但是我… |
[10:30] | I’m so scared, you know, for Ivy. | 我为艾薇感到害怕 |
[10:32] | She is blindly walking into a red-hot buzz saw of criticism, | 她正盲目地走进炽热的批判大漩涡中 |
[10:36] | fresh meat to be ripped apart. | 简直要把她生吞活剥了 |
[10:38] | So here’s to you. | 听好我想对你说的话 |
[10:40] | You are my hero, Ivy. | 你是我的英雄 艾薇 |
[10:45] | I’m sorry, dear. What was that? | 不好意思 亲爱的 你说什么来着 |
[10:48] | Can anybody? | 有谁能听懂吗 |
[11:05] | This is a mirror, Melanie. | 这是个镜子 梅兰妮 |
[11:07] | I can see you. | 我可以看到你 |
[11:12] | I guess you’re wondering why I’m wearing glasses. | 你一定很疑惑我为什么戴着眼镜吧 |
[11:17] | The hundreds of things I’m wondering right now, | 我现在内心有千百个疑问 |
[11:19] | glasses are not on the list. | 但绝对不包含眼镜 |
[11:22] | I’m sorry, you know. | 我很抱歉 |
[11:23] | This is a really terrible idea. | 这真的是个很糟糕的主意 |
[11:25] | I’m doing all of this for a really good friend | 我是为一个很好的朋友才这么做的 |
[11:27] | and now I feel stupid and ridiculous | 我现在觉得又蠢又可笑 |
[11:29] | and I’m so, so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[11:31] | Look, you’re obviously crazy. | 听着 你显然是疯了 |
[11:34] | But you seem harmless. | 但你似乎没有威胁性 |
[11:37] | Hopefully harmless. | 但愿没有威胁性 |
[11:38] | So I’ll tell you what. | 我跟你说 |
[11:41] | Double your donation to the charity, | 把要捐赠的善款翻倍 |
[11:42] | stay out of the men’s room, | 别再进男厕所了 |
[11:44] | and I’ll drop the restraining oder. | 我就撤销限制令 |
[11:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:47] | – You will never see me again. – Good. | -你再也不会见到我了 -谢谢 |
[11:50] | – Unless you want to. – Good-bye, Melanie. | -除非你很想见我 -再见 梅兰妮 |
[11:54] | Thank God that worked. | 谢天谢地这办法奏效了 |
[11:55] | It did not! | 才没有呢 |
[11:57] | The whole point was to give him the DVD of my movie. | 重点在于把我那部电影的DVD给他 |
[12:00] | You were supposed to say you were overcome that day | 你本该说你那天被我在《克利夫兰狂想曲》 |
[12:02] | by my performance in Cleveland rhapsody. | 当中的表演震撼了 |
[12:04] | Now get out there and give it to him. | 赶紧出去把东西送给他 |
[12:05] | – Okay. – Go! | -好的 -快去 |
[12:06] | Corey! Wait up! | 科利 等等 |
[12:13] | I hate you, Victoria. | 我恨你 维多利亚 |
[12:15] | You ruined therapy for me. | 你毁了我的心理治疗 |
[12:17] | I hate you too. | 我也恨你 |
[12:19] | You made me chase after Corey, | 你逼我去追科利 |
[12:20] | and now the restraining order is 1,000 feet. | 现在限制令规定的距离为一千英尺了 |
[12:24] | I hate you the most. | 我最恨你了 |
[12:30] | Elka, you look adorable. | 爱尔卡 你看上去好可爱 |
[12:32] | I am not Elka. | 我不是爱尔卡 |
[12:34] | I’m Prairie Sue. | 我是普莱丽·苏 |
[12:37] | Roy put me in his show. | 罗伊让我参演了他的剧 |
[12:39] | Dagnabbit. | 狗日的 |
[12:43] | Setting aside everything you’ve done to us, | 且不说你对我们所做的一切 |
[12:46] | you’ve also dashed the hopes and dreams | 你还毁灭了那位美丽年轻女演员 |
[12:47] | of that sweet young actress Ivy. | 艾薇的希望和梦想 |
[12:49] | Look, she’s got decades ahead of her to get nominated. | 她将来还有几十年的时间获得提名呢 |
[12:52] | This is probably my only chance. | 这可能是我唯一的机会了 |
[12:55] | And I think I’m just one therapy session away | 我觉得再参加一次心理治疗 |
[12:57] | from getting her to scratch her name off that list. | 就能成功让她主动退出提名了 |
[13:00] | This Oscar obsession has turned you into a monster. | 对奥斯卡的执迷把你变成了一个可怕的怪物 |
[13:04] | Really, Melanie? | 是吗 梅兰妮 |
[13:06] | I’m the monster in the room? | 现在屋子里看着像怪物的人是我吗 |
[13:15] | All I ever wanted to be was an actor. | 我从小的梦想就是成为一名演员 |
[13:17] | I grew up inspired by | 我成长的过程中 |
[13:18] | the grand old actresses of yesteryear. | 一直受到多位伟大年老女星的激励 |
[13:22] | Julia Roberts, | 茱莉亚·罗伯茨 |
[13:24] | Molly Ringwald, | 莫莉·林伍德 |
[13:26] | Elizabeth Shue. | 伊丽莎白·苏 |
[13:29] | But now I realize I have to quit the thing I love the most | 现在我意识到 我必须放弃最爱的事业了 |
[13:33] | because failing at it is the thing that scares me the most. | 因为 失败是我最大的恐惧 |
[13:37] | So… | 所以 |
[13:39] | I’m moving back to Cleveland for good | 我要永远搬回克利夫兰了 |
[13:41] | to work at my dad’s gas station. | 去我老爸的加油站工作 |
[13:44] | No pressure, no expectations. | 没有压力 没有期望 |
[13:47] | I wish I had the strength and confidence that Victoria has, | 我真希望我也能有维多利亚那样的力量和信心 |
[13:50] | but I don’t. | 但我没有 |
[13:55] | I barely know Victoria, but sometimes | 我不怎么认识维多利亚 但有时候 |
[13:57] | strength and confidence can be destructive and selfish. | 力量和信心是自私且具有毁灭性的 |
[14:01] | Yeah, that’s true. | 是啊 没错 |
[14:02] | Also sometimes, people who appear to be strong and confident | 并且 有时候那些看上去很强很自信的人 |
[14:05] | are actually masking deeper fears. | 只是把恐惧掩藏得更深 |
[14:07] | Oh, no. That isn’t me. | 不 我可不是那样 |
[14:09] | I mean, sure. It’s awards season. | 虽然 现在是颁奖季 |
[14:10] | And of course that brings up some fears. | 那会激起一些恐惧 |
[14:13] | And I really, really would like to win. | 我真的 真的很想赢 |
[14:17] | But, look. | 但是 听着 |
[14:17] | I don’t know where this overwhelming desire to win awards comes from. | 我也不知道这种希望获奖的强烈欲望源自何处 |
[14:22] | Probably my childhood, but, well, | 可能来自我的童年时期 但是 |
[14:25] | this is hardly the place to delve into that. | 在这里谈童年往事不太合适 |
[14:29] | Well, it kind of is. | 其实很适合呢 |
[14:30] | I mean, it’s a therapy group. | 毕竟 这里是心理治疗小组 |
[14:32] | Why don’t you tell us about yourself. | 不如来跟我们说说你自己吧 |
[14:35] | Well, I’ve never done ensemble therapy before, | 我以前从没参加过集体心理治疗 |
[14:39] | but okay. | 但是好吧 |
[14:41] | I was born in a small town in upstate New York… | 我出生于纽约州北部的一个小镇上 |
[14:43] | So daddy used to call me a loser. | 我爸总是骂我很没用 |
[14:48] | Until I brought that award home from school. | 直到有一天我把学校发的奖拿回家 |
[14:51] | And that was the first time my father ever told me | 那是有生以来我父亲第一次对我说 |
[14:52] | he was proud of me. | 他为我骄傲 |
[14:54] | And so when it came time for me to decide what I wanted to do, | 所以当我到了该选职业的时候 |
[14:57] | I thought, well, what profession | 我心想 有哪个职业 |
[15:00] | constantly gives itself awards just for doing its job? | 只需做本职工作 就能不断获奖呢 |
[15:04] | Acting. | 表演 |
[15:07] | Ivy, I’m a horrible person. | 艾薇 我是个很坏的人 |
[15:09] | I came here to get you to drop out of the Oscar race. | 我来是想逼你退出奥斯卡提名的 |
[15:12] | But you can’t quit acting. | 但你不能放弃表演 |
[15:15] | I saw your performance in Night of the hereafter. | 我看过你在《此后的夜晚》中的表演 |
[15:18] | And hated every minute of it. | 我憎恶其中每一分钟的镜头 |
[15:20] | That’s how good you were. | 你就是那么出色 |
[15:25] | Hatred from an actress of your stature. | 被你这么出色的女演员憎恶 |
[15:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:29] | But what if I am a fraud | 但如果我真是个伪劣品 |
[15:30] | and that part is the only part that I can play? | 只会扮演那一个角色怎么办 |
[15:32] | Ivy, it’s crazy to think that way. | 艾薇 你这么想真是太离谱了 |
[15:34] | At your age, your best roles are yet to come. | 你还这么年轻 最好的角色还没到来呢 |
[15:37] | Well, how do you know your best relationship isn’t yet to come? | 你怎么知道你这辈子最完美的恋情已经过了呢 |
[15:39] | I mean, you’re pretty young. What are you? | 你还很年轻呢 你多大了 |
[15:40] | Like, 35? | 35岁吗 |
[15:43] | I’m, like, 35. Yes. | 我差不多35岁 没错 |
[15:47] | Joy, Ivy’s right. | 乔依 艾薇说得对 |
[15:48] | I mean, there must be tons of guys | 肯定有成千上万的男人 |
[15:49] | out there looking for someone as lovely | 想找像你这么可爱 |
[15:52] | and open and honest as you. | 开放 又诚实的人 |
[15:55] | I mean, what about this guy? | 就比如这家伙吧 |
[15:56] | He listens to problems. | 他善于倾听问题 |
[15:58] | You have problems. | 而你有问题 |
[16:00] | In the movie business, we call this a “meet cute.” | 在电影行业 我们称这为”天生一对” |
[16:03] | In the therapy business, we call that | 在心理治疗行业 我们称之为 |
[16:04] | questionable ethics, so… | 职业道德沦丧 |
[16:06] | – I’ll quit group. – How’s Saturday night? | -我退出这个治疗小组 -相约周六如何 |
[16:08] | See you then. | 到时见 |
[16:11] | Look. | 听着 |
[16:12] | You’re gonna have your ups and downs | 你会经历起起伏伏 |
[16:13] | and you’ll feel like a fraud sometimes. | 有时候你会觉得自己像个伪劣品 |
[16:15] | We all do. | 我们都会这样 |
[16:17] | But, if you’d let me, | 但如果你愿意的话 |
[16:19] | I’d really like to help you over the rough patches. | 我很愿意帮助你走过那些艰难的日子 |
[16:22] | I’d like that. | 我愿意 |
[16:24] | And if you’d let me, I’d like to take you sweater shopping. | 如果你愿意的话 我想带你去重新买件毛衣 |
[16:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:40] | I smell women’s perfume. | 我闻到女士香水味了 |
[16:41] | Melanie, is that you again? | 梅兰妮 又是你吗 |
[16:43] | Actually, it’s Victoria Chase. | 其实 是维多利亚·蔡斯 |
[16:46] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[16:47] | What the hell’s going on here? | 你在搞什么鬼 |
[16:48] | A better question would be | 你该问的是 |
[16:49] | why is your club security so lax? | 为什么你这俱乐部的安保措施如此松懈 |
[16:53] | Look, you have a restraining order against my friend, melanie Moretti. | 听着 你对我朋友梅兰妮·莫雷蒂申请了限制令 |
[16:57] | But it’s really all my fault. | 但那其实都是我的错 |
[17:01] | She’s here, isn’t she? | 她也在这儿 是吧 |
[17:03] | Hi, Corey. | 嗨 科利 |
[17:08] | What the hell happened to you? | 你这是怎么了 |
[17:09] | I can explain. | 我可以解释 |
[17:10] | You know how in your movies the power of love | 你知道在你的电影当中 爱的力量 |
[17:12] | made awkward girls beautiful. | 会让古怪的女生变漂亮 |
[17:14] | Well, here it did the opposite. | 而这恰恰是反例 |
[17:17] | I’ll take it from here, Victoria. Thanks. | 接下来我来说吧 维多利亚 谢了 |
[17:21] | Look, my high school reunion is coming up, | 听着 我们高中同学很快要聚会了 |
[17:23] | and I had this stupid idea that I would ask you to go with me. | 我傻傻地想着 要约你跟我一起去 |
[17:27] | I guess it’s important | 我觉得这事很重要 |
[17:28] | because I was just such a loser in high school. | 因为我高中时实在是太挫了 |
[17:32] | I looked like– | 我当时的形象… |
[17:34] | well, what I look like now. | 其实就跟这会儿差不多啦 |
[17:37] | I guess someone like you could never understand. | 我觉得像你这么帅的人肯定是无法理解的 |
[17:39] | Really? | 是吗 |
[17:40] | I want to show you something. | 我想让你看张照片 |
[17:45] | Poor thing. | 小可怜 |
[17:47] | – Who is she? – That’s me. | -她是谁 -是我 |
[17:50] | In high school. | 高中时的样子 |
[17:52] | Look, I’ll drop the restraining order, okay? | 听着 我会撤了限制令的 |
[17:55] | And I can’t believe I’m actually saying this, | 我真不敢相信我会这么说 |
[17:58] | but the answer is yes. | 但我愿意 |
[18:00] | – What? – I’ll go with you. | -什么 -我愿意跟你一起去 |
[18:02] | – To your reunion. – Seriously? | -去参加你的同学会 -真的吗 |
[18:04] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[18:06] | Corey Chambers is going to my high school reunion with me. | 科利·钱伯斯要跟我一起去参加高中同学聚会了 |
[18:09] | And maybe if we have a good time, | 如果我们相处愉快的话 |
[18:10] | we can have a proper date. | 就可以来一次正式的约会 |
[18:11] | Because now we have a whole– | 因为我们现在… |
[18:12] | Honey, he said yes. | 亲爱的 他已经同意了 |
[18:13] | Let’s just quit while you’re ahead. | 就此打住 别越弄越糟了 |
[18:17] | Just wanted to meet you. Big fan. | 我就想见见你 我是你的铁粉 |
[18:34] | And that’s our show, folks! | 以上就是我们的表演 各位 |
[18:36] | Y’all coming back, ain’t ya? | 你们都会再回来的 对吧 |
[18:43] | Oh, it’s a hit. | 真是太成功了 |
[18:44] | They want us back. Every weekend. | 他们希望我们每周末都来表演 |
[18:46] | Oh, that’s great. | 那真是太好了 |
[18:48] | Every weekend? | 每周末都来吗 |
[18:50] | Roy’s gonna have to whittle me a new hip. | 罗伊得给我换个新屁股才行 |
[18:54] | – Roy, that was fantastic. – Oh, thank you. | -罗伊 刚刚的表演好棒 -谢谢 |
[18:57] | What an exciting night. | 真是令人激动的夜晚 |
[18:58] | But I’m done with show business. | 但我打算退出演艺圈了 |
[19:00] | What? | 什么 |
[19:01] | Oh, the anxiety, the physical exhaustion. | 心理上的焦虑 身体上的疲劳 |
[19:05] | Being with you is excitement enough for me. | 和你在一起对我来说已经够刺激了 |
[19:08] | Roy. | 罗伊 |
[19:10] | So you’re hanging up your spurs? | 你是要把牛仔靴刺束之高阁了吗 |
[19:11] | Yes, I am. | 是的 没错 |
[19:13] | But keep the chaps. | 但要留着皮套裤 |
[19:19] | I just a Google alert. | 我收到谷歌消息提醒了 |
[19:21] | Me too. We’re both in people magazine’s | 我也是 我们都上了《人物》杂志 |
[19:22] | – Oscar buzz issue. – That’s great. | -奥斯卡风向特刊 -真是太好了 |
[19:24] | But remember what we talked about in therapy. | 但要记住我们在治疗过程中说过的 |
[19:26] | An award can’t be a substitute– | 奖项是无法用来替代… |
[19:28] | All right, just go back to hitting on your patient. | 行了 继续去勾搭你的病人吧 |
[19:30] | One more drink, and she’s good to go. | 再灌一杯 她就任你摆弄了 |