时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Hot in Clevelandis recorded in front of a live studio audience. | 《燃情克利夫兰》是在摄影棚观众前现场录制的 |
[00:04] | So, Rachel, you and Melanie were best friends in high school, huh? | 瑞秋 你和梅兰妮在高中时是最好的朋友吧 |
[00:07] | Well, we had to be. | 我们只能紧密团结 |
[00:08] | Nobody else was gonna be friends with us, | 其他人都不愿意和我们做朋友 |
[00:11] | right, “smellanie”? | 对吧 臭烂妮 |
[00:13] | I go by “Melanie” now. | 我现在就叫梅兰妮 |
[00:15] | So, how are things with you and Tom? | 你和汤姆的感情怎么样了 |
[00:17] | Oh, that’s over. | 已经完了 |
[00:19] | You know, after he got hit by lightning on the putt-putt golf course, | 他在迷你高尔夫球场被闪电击中之后 |
[00:22] | he lost control of all his functions, | 身体功能就完全丧失了 |
[00:24] | and then he had to use that Stephen Hawking thing to communicate. | 不得不用史蒂芬·霍金用的那种装备来交流 |
[00:28] | Then one morning, he just rolled up to me, and he said, | 有天早晨 他突然滚向我 然后说 |
[00:30] | “I don’t love you anymore.” | “我不再爱你啦” |
[00:36] | The storm is really getting worse. | 暴风雨越来越恐怖了 |
[00:37] | I hope Victoria is gonna be okay. | 希望维多利亚没事 |
[00:40] | Our friend Victoria is flying home today | 我们的朋友维多利亚今天要乘飞机回来 |
[00:41] | from an island vacation. | 她刚去海岛度完假 |
[00:43] | We shouldn’t worry, Joy. | 我们不需要担心 乔依 |
[00:44] | I’m sure she’s gonna be fine. | 我敢说她一定会没事的 |
[00:46] | I don’t know, they’ve upgraded it to a super storm. | 我看未必吧 气象台预警说升级成超强风暴了 |
[00:48] | Super storm Mary. A lot of people are gonna die. | 代号为「玛丽」的超强风暴 很多人都会死的 |
[00:52] | Rachel, nobody is going to die. | 瑞秋 没人会死的 |
[00:54] | We’re all doomed! | 我们都在劫难逃 |
[00:57] | Elka, it’s just a bad storm. | 爱尔卡 只是强风暴而已 |
[00:58] | It’s nothing to worry about. | 没什么好担心的 |
[01:00] | Have I ever mentioned | 我有没有跟你们提过 |
[01:01] | there was a gruesome murder in this house? | 这屋子里曾发生过一件可怕的凶杀案 |
[01:04] | What? | 什么 |
[01:04] | And the ghost is coming back tonight. | 恶鬼今夜将回 |
[01:08] | She’s right about the murder. | 她说的谋杀案是真的 |
[01:10] | Before I go to anybody’s house, | 我在去任何人家里之前 |
[01:11] | I visit diedinhouse.com. | 都会去”凶宅网”查看一下 |
[01:15] | Oh, my god, it’s true. | 天啊 果然是真的 |
[01:16] | 50 years ago to the day. | 到今天刚好是50周年 |
[01:18] | “Violently stormy night.” “woman found murdered.” | “狂风暴雨之夜” “女子被谋害身亡” |
[01:21] | “Case never solved.” | “案件至今未侦破” |
[01:22] | “Victim’s name was Mary.” Just like the storm. | “被害人名叫玛丽” 跟风暴代号一样 |
[01:25] | See how the science is adding up? | 所有的科学事实都对上了吧 |
[01:28] | Wh–why would she be after you? | 她为什么要来找你寻仇呢 |
[01:30] | She thought I was having an affair with her boyfriend. | 她以为我跟她男友有一腿 |
[01:33] | I have a sense that at any moment, | 我感觉某种可怕的东西 |
[01:36] | something horrible is gonna come through that door. | 随时都会破门而入 |
[01:42] | Oh, this is silly. | 这也太荒唐了 |
[01:43] | It’s just Victoria. She forgot her keys. | 是维多利亚啦 她肯定忘了带钥匙 |
[01:46] | It’s not some ghoul from the past come to haunt us. | 肯定不是什么来自过去的食尸鬼来纠缠我们 |
[01:53] | Mother! | 母亲 |
[01:55] | Hello, Rejoyla. | 你好 瑞乔依娜 |
[01:56] | What are you doing here? | 你跑到这儿来干什么 |
[01:58] | My plane had to make an emergency landing, | 我乘坐的飞机迫降了 |
[02:01] | thanks to your American weather. | 多谢你们美国的天气啊 |
[02:03] | Was on my way to Hawaii. | 我正要去夏威夷岛呢 |
[02:05] | Hawaii? | 夏威夷 |
[02:06] | You hate places where everyone’s happy. | 你讨厌大家都玩得开心的地方 |
[02:09] | No, Daniel’s changed all that. | 不 丹尼尔已经改变我这一点了 |
[02:12] | Who’s Daniel? | 丹尼尔是谁 |
[02:14] | This is Daniel Monroe, my boyfriend. | 这是丹尼尔·门罗 我男友 |
[02:17] | Hello, all. | 大家好啊 |
[02:18] | Ah, and you must be Joy. | 你一定就是乔依吧 |
[02:21] | – Yes. – Pleasure. | -是的 -幸会 |
[02:23] | Well don’t look so shocked, Rejoyla. | 别一副这么震惊的表情 瑞乔依娜 |
[02:26] | Yes, he’s a bit younger… | 没错 他是比我年轻一些 |
[02:28] | But we’re very happy. | 但我们很幸福 |
[02:30] | Now, where can we freshen up, dear? | 我们可以去哪儿梳洗一下呢 |
[02:32] | Uh, right this way. | 这边请 |
[02:35] | Oh, hello, everyone. | 大家好啊 |
[02:37] | The airport was a nightmare. | 机场那边简直是个噩梦 |
[02:39] | I didn’t see her face, | 我虽然没看清她的脸 |
[02:40] | but there was this ridiculous woman with beaded hair | 但有个头发编成辫子的可笑女人 |
[02:43] | chanting and making a scene. | 胡编乱唱 引发一堆人围观 |
[02:48] | I’m back! | 我回来啦 |
[02:53] | And I am one with the universe. | 我和宇宙合为一体了 |
[02:56] | Remember, in high school, | 记得吗 高中的时候 |
[02:58] | when we both got the Bo Derek hairdos, | 我们都去做了大明星宝黛丽那种辫子 |
[03:00] | and the boys said that even together, we weren’t a “10.” | 男孩们说我们的姿色加在一起都不到10分 |
[03:05] | Yeah, good times. | 是啊 “美好”的时光 |
[03:08] | Oh, and speaking of good times, | 说到好时候 |
[03:09] | now would probably be a really good time for you to get on the road. | 你现在上路可能是再好不过了 |
[03:11] | I mean, before it gets dangerous. | 再等会儿就很危险了 |
[03:13] | Oh, you know, you’re probably right. | 你说的很对 |
[03:14] | I-I should go. I have a long drive home. | 我是该走了 要开好久的车呢 |
[03:16] | Safe travels, sour-faced angel. | 一路平安 苦瓜脸天使 |
[03:22] | Okay, Victoria. What’s going on? | 说吧 维多利亚 什么情况这是 |
[03:24] | I went on vacation because I was so filled | 我出去度假是因为我浑身都被 |
[03:26] | with stress about all that oscar nonsense. | 奥斯卡奖项的压力压垮了 |
[03:29] | But the island changed everything. | 但那座岛改变了一切 |
[03:31] | This is the new me. | 这是全新的我 |
[03:34] | You said the same thing about kabbalah, and scientology, | 你去做卡巴拉冥想 信仰疗法时也说过同样的话 |
[03:36] | and remember when you were amish? | 还记得你假扮阿米什人的时候吗 |
[03:39] | But those “new mes” were so typical of the old me. | 但那些”新我”其实都是典型的旧我 |
[03:42] | This new me is the real new me. | 这回的”新我”是真正的”新我” |
[03:48] | I slept with my mother’s boyfriend. | 我跟我妈的男朋友上床了 |
[03:52] | Already? | 这就睡上了吗 |
[03:59] | No, it was decades ago. | 不 是好多年前的事了 |
[04:01] | And we’re both acting like we never met, | 我们都假装好像从没见过一样 |
[04:03] | but how long can we keep that up? | 但我们还能假装多久呢 |
[04:04] | What the hell? | 搞毛呢你 |
[04:09] | What’s that? | 什么声音 |
[04:10] | Oh, I brought back a little souvenir from the island. | 我从海岛带了个小纪念品回来 |
[04:13] | I give you, Chill. | 容我向你们介绍 奇儿 |
[04:24] | So, this is my new home. | 这就是我的新家了呀 |
[04:38] | I was on the beach, | 我当时躺在沙滩上 |
[04:39] | trying to get all of my hollywood worries out of my head, | 试图抛开好莱坞娱乐圈的各种烦心事 |
[04:42] | and the next thing I knew | 接下来不知怎么的 |
[04:44] | this beautiful man had his hands in my hair | 这个美丽的男人 手已经伸进了我的头发里 |
[04:47] | and was braiding, and weaving, and filling my head | 不停地编啊 织啊 把他深刻的思想 |
[04:50] | with his profound thoughts. Oh, tell them one! | 灌输进我的大脑中 跟她们说一个吧 |
[04:53] | Don’t worry, be happy. | 做人嘛 最重要的就是开心啦 |
[04:58] | And so I no longer worry about winning an oscar. | 所以我就不去担心能否赢得奥斯卡奖的事了 |
[05:01] | I just be happy. | 我单纯享受开心 |
[05:04] | Did nobody hear what I said? | 你们都没听到我说了什么吗 |
[05:06] | I slept with my mother’s boyfriend! | 我跟我妈的男友上过床 |
[05:08] | Lady, lady, la– | 女士 女士 |
[05:12] | Lady, right? | 是女的吧 |
[05:16] | Everyone make love to everyone eventually. | 最终任意的人和人之间都会搞上床 |
[05:21] | Eventually, I will make love to all of you. | 最终 我会和你们全部人上床的 |
[05:26] | Now I must go upstairs, | 我得上楼去了 |
[05:28] | to be closer to the healing ions from the storm. | 跟风暴带来的治愈离子靠的近一些 |
[05:36] | Oh, I know what all of you are thinking– | 我知道你们都在想些什么 |
[05:39] | I have found my soul mate. | 我找到我的灵魂伴侣了 |
[05:42] | Yeah, that’s what we’re all thinking. | 是啊 我们都是在想那个 |
[05:47] | Um, excuse me, do you mind if I put on a pot of tea? | 不好意思 你们介意我泡一壶茶吗 |
[05:50] | Of course. | 当然可以了 |
[05:51] | – I’ll help you. – Oh, thank you. | -我来帮你 -谢谢 |
[05:56] | Daniel… | 丹尼尔 |
[05:57] | What are gonna do? | 我们要怎么做才好 |
[05:58] | Well, normally I would put the tea leaves in first. | 通常 我会先放进茶叶 |
[06:00] | No, not about the tea! | 不 我不是在说泡茶 |
[06:02] | About the fact that we slept together. | 我是在说我们上过床的事 |
[06:04] | What? We never slept together. | 什么 我们才没上过床呢 |
[06:08] | You don’t remember having sex with me? | 你不记得和我做过爱吗 |
[06:09] | Look, Joy, your mother mentioned in passing | 听着 乔依 你妈无意中提到过 |
[06:13] | that you’ve slept with thousands of men. | 你跟成千上万个男人睡过 |
[06:17] | Perhaps you’re thinking of one of them. | 或许你是把我错当成其中之一了吧 |
[06:19] | You’re lying. What’s your game? | 你在撒谎 你这是在耍什么把戏 |
[06:23] | I don’t have a game. | 我没想耍什么把戏 |
[06:26] | I’m on to you. | 我盯着你呢 |
[06:31] | Daniel claims he doesn’t remember having sex with me. | 丹尼尔声称他不记得和我做过爱 |
[06:34] | Sometimes, when something horrific happens, | 有时候 当发生了一些很可怕的事时 |
[06:37] | you blot it out. | 你会封闭那段记忆 |
[06:41] | I can assure you, he would not forget me. | 我可以跟你保证 他是不会忘记我的 |
[06:44] | He was a clumsy lover at first, | 他一开始笨头笨脑地不知道怎么”做” |
[06:46] | but then I taught him this certain move that changed everything. | 但然后我教会他一些奇淫技巧 彻底改变了一切 |
[06:49] | I don’t know what’s worse, | 我不知道哪样更糟糕 |
[06:50] | hearing about Joy’s sex life | 听乔依的性生活故事 |
[06:52] | or waiting for the ghost to kill me. | 还是等着被鬼杀死 |
[06:58] | Right now, I’m rooting for the ghost. | 现在 我宁愿被鬼杀死好 |
[07:03] | I’d say he was a gigolo, | 我倒是想说他是个男妓 |
[07:04] | but my mother doesn’t have any money. | 但我妈也根本没钱嫖啊 |
[07:06] | I know Daniel is up to something. | 我知道丹尼尔肯定有什么阴谋 |
[07:08] | I just don’t know what to do about it. | 但我不知道该怎么做才好 |
[07:10] | You don’t have to do anything. | 你什么都不用做 |
[07:11] | And how dare you be suspicious of my boyfriend. | 你竟敢怀疑我的男朋友 |
[07:14] | But your relationship is suspicious. | 但你这恋情本身就很可疑啊 |
[07:18] | How did you even meet him? | 你是怎么跟他认识的 |
[07:20] | If you must know, I was at a cafe, | 你非要知道的话 当时我在一个餐厅 |
[07:22] | and he talked me into buying a jaguar. | 他说服我买一辆捷豹汽车 |
[07:25] | What? | 什么 |
[07:27] | And if you don’t believe he loves me, | 如果你不信他爱我 |
[07:28] | then why did he ask me to marry him? | 那他为什么还要向我求婚 |
[07:31] | – What? – Oh, Joy, let it go. | -什么 -乔依 随它去吧 |
[07:35] | Let this cool breeze calm your– what? | 让这徐徐微风帮你镇静下来 什么 |
[07:39] | “Helen Mirren, Oscar’s surest bet”? | “海伦·米伦 最有望获奥斯卡大奖” |
[07:42] | Wha–they’re already making oscar predictions | 他们都已经在预测奥斯卡获奖人选了 |
[07:44] | and I’m not being predicted? | 却没人预测我会获奖吗 |
[07:47] | And…she’s back! | 她又回来了 |
[07:49] | Oh, my god, what was I thinking? | 天啊 我之前是怎么想的啊 |
[07:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:54] | I just have to get these friggin’ beads out of my hair, | 我得把这些该死的珠子从我头发上弄下来 |
[07:56] | put on my beautiful clothes, | 穿上我漂亮的衣服 |
[07:58] | and everything will be back to normal. | 一切又都会回归正常了 |
[08:09] | Oh, crap. My soul mate. | 糟糕 我的灵魂伴侣 |
[08:13] | Uh, Philipa, let me take you to the airport. | 费丽帕 我送你去机场吧 |
[08:16] | And Chill, why don’t you grab your passport and come with us? | 奇儿 不如你也拿上护照 跟我们一起走吧 |
[08:24] | The storm is getting worse. | 暴风雨越来越可怕了 |
[08:25] | All the roads are closed. | 所有公路都被封了 |
[08:27] | We’re all gonna die… | 我们都会死的 |
[08:29] | Together, in this haunted house. | 一起死 死在这闹鬼的屋子里 |
[08:37] | Don’t worry, be happy? | 做人嘛 最重要的就是开心啦 |
[08:42] | I just don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办才好 |
[08:43] | The whole thing is such a weird reversal. | 整个情况似乎完全反转了 |
[08:45] | Mom’s always hated my boyfriends, | 我妈以前很讨厌我的男友们 |
[08:47] | and now I hate hers. | 现在我讨厌她的男友们 |
[08:49] | If they get married, will you call him “daddy”? | 如果他们结婚了 你会叫他”爸爸”吗 |
[08:52] | Or did you do that when you slept with him? | 你们上床时 你有淫声浪语叫他”爸爸”吗 |
[08:57] | You know, Joy, maybe this is your chance to treat your mom | 乔依 或许你可以趁这个机会好好对待你母亲 |
[08:59] | the way you wish she had treated you with your boyfriends. | 就像你希望她曾好好对待你男友那样 |
[09:02] | I suppose I could do that. | 或许我可以试试 |
[09:04] | But what do I do? | 但我该怎么办呢 |
[09:05] | Chill is like one of those things you get on vacation | 奇儿就像是那种你在度假时遇到的 |
[09:08] | that seems fabulous when you’re there | 当时觉得超级好 |
[09:09] | but ridiculous when you get back home. | 但一回家就觉得奇傻无比的东西 |
[09:13] | Do you remember that hideous pineapple purse I bought in Mexico? | 你们还记得我在墨西哥买的那个超丑的菠萝手袋吗 |
[09:17] | I do. | 我记得 |
[09:18] | You gave it to me for Christmas. | 你送给我做圣诞礼物了 |
[09:23] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[09:25] | Well, what am I gonna do about Rachel? | 我要怎么处理瑞秋的事啊 |
[09:27] | I mean, I have moved on from high school, | 我已经把高中的经历抛在脑后了 |
[09:28] | but she just keeps trying to drag me back. | 但她却老想把我拖回去 |
[09:31] | Oh, it’s just one night, and she’s really not that bad. | 就一晚上而已 她也没那么糟糕啦 |
[09:34] | Oh, there you are. | 你在这儿啊 |
[09:36] | I brought our yearbook. | 我把高中年鉴带来了 |
[09:38] | Yeah, I thought it would be fun… | 没错 我觉得会很好玩的 |
[09:39] | If we circled everybody in it who’s dead now. | 我们可以圈出已经死了的人 |
[09:51] | Chill, you know how you go on a tropical vacation | 奇儿 有时候如果你去热带度假 |
[09:54] | and you buy a pineapple purse, and you get it home | 你在那儿买了一个菠萝手袋 回家之后 |
[09:56] | and you wonder, “what was I thinking? | 你会疑惑 “我当时是怎么想的啊” |
[09:59] | – Now that doesn’t belong here”? – Completely. | -那东西完全不属于这里 -绝对的 |
[10:02] | On St. Lucia, they sell these puka shell flip-flops. | 在圣卢西亚岛 有一种普卡贝壳制成的人字拖 |
[10:05] | I bought a pair, | 我买了一双 |
[10:06] | and I brought them back to my island. | 然后带回了我的岛上 |
[10:08] | Looked totally crazy there! | 看上去简直太傻逼了 |
[10:12] | Victoria, come to me. Come to me. | 维多利亚 来 到我身边来 |
[10:14] | Please, come into our Ohio hammock. | 来吧 到我们俄亥俄州的床上来 |
[10:15] | No, it’s– | 不 有点… |
[10:16] | It’s a little too cold. | 有点太冷了 |
[10:19] | – Let Chill make you hot. – No, let– | -奇儿会让你燥热起来的 -不 别 |
[10:20] | Actually, what I would prefer is if you just put some pajamas on. | 实际上 我希望你能穿上睡衣 |
[10:24] | But night is time to be free. | 但晚上是享受自由的时候 |
[10:26] | Well, I’m sorry, but I prefer a man who wears pajamas. | 抱歉 我更喜欢穿睡衣的男人 |
[10:29] | But I understand if that’s a deal breaker. | 但如果你不能接受而要分手 我也理解 |
[10:32] | – Message received. – No. | -我明白你的意思了 -不 |
[10:34] | I will put on these “pajamas.” | 我愿意穿上这些”碎衣” |
[10:38] | For you, I will force this terrible material upon my skin. | 为了你 我愿意忍受这些糟糕的衣料 |
[10:42] | It’s flannel. | 那是法兰绒的 |
[10:44] | “Flann-el.” | “法兰龙” |
[10:47] | So stiff. So unnatural. | 太硬挺了 太不自然了 |
[10:53] | I’m glad you wanted to talk, Rejoyla. | 我很高兴你想跟我好好谈谈 瑞乔依娜 |
[10:56] | I know you don’t approve of Daniel. | 我知道你不喜欢丹尼尔 |
[10:59] | Well, I’m not here to argue. | 我不是来跟你吵架的 |
[11:01] | I just want us to be able to talk as friends. | 我只是希望我们能像朋友那样交谈 |
[11:04] | That’s my wish as well. | 那也是我的美好愿望 |
[11:07] | And let me tell you, Joy, | 我想告诉你 乔依 |
[11:10] | girlfriend to girlfriend… | 作为闺蜜之间说贴心话 |
[11:13] | I have never experienced such intense pleasure | 我从未体验过像现在和丹尼尔在一起的 |
[11:16] | as I have with Daniel. | 那种巨大的”愉悦” |
[11:21] | Your father told me I was having orgasms all those years, | 你父亲跟我说 我那么多年一直都享受着高潮 |
[11:26] | but it turned out that I wasn’t. | 但我最后发现那根本不是高潮 |
[11:29] | I was just having the air squeezed out of me by his portly frame. | 那只是他肥胖的身躯把空气从我的”洞中”挤压出来 |
[11:37] | Well, that’s…vivid. | 真是 生动形象 |
[11:41] | But passing lightly from sex– | 但我们暂且不谈性生活 |
[11:44] | You know, I’m finally beginning to understand | 我终于开始明白 |
[11:47] | why you sleep around so much. | 你为何到处跟男人上床了 |
[11:51] | You know, Daniel does this thing. | 丹尼尔会一种 奇淫之术 |
[11:53] | I don’t know where he learned it, | 我不知道他是从哪儿学来的 |
[11:55] | or what wonderful woman taught it to him, | 或是哪个超赞的女人教他的 |
[11:58] | but it’s wave after wave of ecstasy. | 真是高潮一波接着一波 |
[12:03] | A little aftershock. | 到现在都”余波”未消呢 |
[12:09] | Oh, it’s so good to share. | 说出来的感觉真好 |
[12:10] | After years of tense rows, | 在争吵了这么多年之后 |
[12:13] | friends is so much nicer. | 发现还是做朋友好 |
[12:16] | Isn’t it? | 是吧 |
[12:18] | And, as a friend, | 作为朋友 |
[12:20] | I was just wondering what you really know about Daniel, | 我想知道 你对丹尼尔真正了解多少呢 |
[12:23] | because I checked online– as friends do– | 因为我在网上查了他 这是朋友该做的 |
[12:28] | And I couldn’t find anything about him. | 我完全找不到任何有关他的信息 |
[12:30] | So you’re saying you don’t trust him? | 你是说你根本不信任他吗 |
[12:32] | No, no, I’m just saying I don’t want you to get hurt. | 不不 我的意思是不希望你受伤 |
[12:36] | You haven’t changed at all. | 你真是一点都没变 |
[12:38] | You just can’t stand it when I’m happy! | 你就是看不惯我开心幸福 |
[12:40] | What? | 什么 |
[12:41] | I have only ever wanted you to be happy. | 我唯一的愿望就是你能开心 |
[12:44] | And you’re the one who picked holes in every relationship I ever had. | 是我每次谈恋爱时 你在不停地挑刺 |
[12:47] | Well, I was wrong! I should have said, | 我错了 我该说 |
[12:49] | “If you’re happy, I’m happy.” | “如果你开心 我就开心” |
[12:51] | No, no, I was wrong. | 不 不 是我错了 |
[12:52] | I should have said, “thank you for rightly pointing out | 我当时该说 谢谢你正确地指出 |
[12:56] | that I was making horrible choices that will end in tears.” | 我做出的是糟糕的选择 只会以眼泪收场 |
[12:59] | Daniel is obviously after your money. | 丹尼尔显然是看中了你的钱 |
[13:02] | Because he couldn’t possibly love me for who I am. | 因为他不可能爱上真实的我是吧 |
[13:05] | No, I just think you need to end this, immediately. | 不 我只是觉得你该立刻结束这段感情 |
[13:07] | You are not my mother! | 你又不是我妈 |
[13:10] | Then stop acting like a child! | 那就别再表现得像个孩子一样 |
[13:12] | As long as you’re under my roof, it’s my rules! | 只要你住在我的家里 就得遵守我的规矩 |
[13:15] | You don’t know anything! | 你什么都不知道 |
[13:17] | And you don’t care about my feelings! | 你根本不在乎我的感受 |
[13:21] | And don’t you dare slam that– | 你敢给我摔门 |
[13:28] | So, for the rest of my life, | 所以 在我接下来的人生中 |
[13:30] | I must live with the knowledge | 我都无法忘记 |
[13:31] | that I gave my mother her first orgasm. | 是我赐予了我妈第一次高潮 |
[13:37] | Well, I can top that. | 我的故事比你这更奇葩 |
[13:39] | I went on a three-week vacation and all I have to show for it | 我出去度假三周 回来时唯一的成果 |
[13:41] | is a filthy beach bum whose filthy beach bum | 就是个肮脏的沙滩流浪汉 他那肮脏的屁股 |
[13:43] | is on my silk pillows. | 坐在了我的丝绸枕头上 |
[13:48] | Hey, it’s 12:05. | 嘿 现在已经12点5分了 |
[13:50] | And the murder happened at midnight. | 谋杀案是午夜12点发生的 |
[13:52] | You’re safe! | 你安全了 |
[13:57] | Elka, do you still set your watch five minutes fast? | 爱尔卡 你把手表调快5分钟的习惯还没改吗 |
[14:02] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:10] | Usually, when I do a seance, | 通常 当我举行降神会时 |
[14:12] | I summon the spirits under the moonlight on the warm beach | 我一般都是在月光下温暖的沙滩上召唤亡灵 |
[14:16] | after I’ve made love to everyone in the circle. | 在那之前我会跟降神圈所有人都做一次爱 |
[14:23] | Anyone? | 有谁要献身吗 |
[14:25] | Okay, rain check. | 好吧 留到以后再上吧 |
[14:27] | Let the seance begin. | 降神会开始 |
[14:29] | Mary, speak through us. | 玛丽 借我们的身体发言吧 |
[14:32] | Spirit of Mary, come on down! | 玛丽的亡灵 快快降临吧 |
[14:38] | I am the spirit of Mary. | 我是玛丽的鬼魂 |
[14:41] | I have a message for the island man. | 我有句话要传达给来自岛上的男人 |
[14:44] | Go home. You must go home. | 回家吧 你必须回家 |
[14:51] | Did something happen? | 刚刚发生了什么事吗 |
[14:53] | What did the ghost say? Oh, we must obey her. | 鬼说了什么 我们必须服从她的话才行 |
[14:57] | Don’t worry, my precious Victoria. | 别担心 宝贝维多利亚 |
[14:59] | Your island man’s not going nowhere. | 你的岛男哪里都不会去的 |
[15:02] | And I’m not going anywhere either. | 我也哪里都不去 |
[15:04] | I feel the spirit is telling me to stay in Cleveland. | 我感觉那个鬼叫我留在克利夫兰 |
[15:08] | What? Rachel. | 什么 瑞秋 |
[15:11] | Don’t be crazy. Go back to Scottsdale. | 别发疯 快回到斯科茨代尔去吧 |
[15:14] | – It’s Phoenix. – Same airport. | -是凤凰城 -都使用同一个机场 |
[15:20] | Tell me about the murder. Who were the suspects? | 跟我说说那件谋杀案吧 嫌犯是谁 |
[15:23] | There were two. The first was Mary’s daughter, | 有两个 第一个是玛丽的女儿 |
[15:26] | and the second was a foreign man that Mary was dating. | 第二个是正跟玛丽相恋的一个外国男人 |
[15:29] | I bet the daughter did it. | 我敢说肯定是她女儿干的 |
[15:31] | She probably couldn’t take her mother’s stubborn attitude. | 她很可能是再也无法忍受她妈的顽固态度了 |
[15:34] | Maybe Mary was happy for once in her life, | 或许玛丽一辈子好不容易获得了一回幸福 |
[15:37] | and her daughter couldn’t stand it. | 她女儿却无法容忍这件事 |
[15:39] | I’m sure it was the foreign man. | 我敢说肯定是那个外国男人干的 |
[15:41] | If he’d just gone home, everything would have been fine. | 如果他肯老实回家的话 一切就都会好好的 |
[15:45] | This seance stinks. | 这个降神会烂透了 |
[15:48] | You know, I think you’re a bit jealous | 我觉得你是纯属嫉妒 |
[15:50] | that a man like Daniel | 因为像丹尼尔这么出色的男人 |
[15:51] | wouldn’t look at you twice. | 竟然不肯看你第二眼 |
[15:53] | I give up. | 我放弃 |
[15:54] | You just keep making it harder. Harder! Harder! | 你不断让情况变得更难 更难 更难[再用力些] |
[15:58] | Harder…harder… | 再用力些 再用力些 |
[15:59] | Now, where have I heard that? | 我在哪儿听过这话来着 |
[16:03] | Oh, my god! | 天啊 |
[16:05] | Daniel, what’s wrong? | 丹尼尔 怎么了 |
[16:06] | You look like you’ve seen a ghost. | 你看上去像是见了鬼一样 |
[16:08] | What? This never worked before. | 什么 我的降神会从来没灵验过 |
[16:13] | I mean, welcome, spirit. | 我是说 欢迎你 亡灵 |
[16:17] | I really could use a drink. | 我得去喝点东西 |
[16:19] | You heard him, Rejoyla. Get Daniel a drink. | 你听见了吧 瑞乔依娜 给丹尼尔弄点喝的 |
[16:24] | Why so sad, sad girl? | 你为何如此悲伤 悲伤女孩 |
[16:26] | I am from an island, | 我来自一座岛上 |
[16:28] | but you, you are an island. | 但是你 你就是一座岛 |
[16:33] | That is so deep. | 真是好深刻的情话 |
[16:36] | Victoria, will you share me? | 维多利亚 你愿意”分乡”我吗 |
[16:42] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[16:43] | Share? | 跟人分享我 |
[16:47] | I will. | 我愿意 |
[16:48] | You know, we have a saying in this country. | 我们国家有句话是这么说的 |
[16:50] | If you love something, set it free. | 如果你爱某样东西 就放它自由吧 |
[16:52] | And if it comes back to you, just keep setting it free | 如果它又回到你身边 请再次放它自由 |
[16:55] | until it gets the message. | 直到它明白你的意思 |
[16:58] | So, you remember everything? | 所以你想起一切了吗 |
[17:00] | Yes, your angry sex sounds brought it all back to me. | 是的 你愤怒的淫叫声让我回忆起了一切 |
[17:04] | What am I gonna do? | 我要怎么办才好 |
[17:06] | Philipa will be devastated. | 费丽帕一定会伤心欲绝的 |
[17:08] | But we agreed from the start, no secrets. | 但我们从一开始就说好了 相互间坦诚相对 |
[17:10] | In fact, it’s her frank honesty that I love most about her. | 实际上 她的直言不讳正是我最爱的一点 |
[17:13] | Yes, frank honesty is one of her leading qualities. | 是啊 直言不讳正是她的杰出品质之一 |
[17:17] | But there’s so much more to her. | 但她还有好多其他的品质 |
[17:19] | We discover new things about each other every day. | 我们每天都会在对方身上发现新的一面 |
[17:21] | It’s like we’re both finally finding out what love really is. | 就好像我们在共同探索发现爱的真谛 |
[17:26] | I’ll be lost if I lose her. | 如果失去她 我一定会迷失人生的 |
[17:28] | Oh, Daniel, that’s lovely. | 丹尼尔 这可真感人 |
[17:30] | I don’t recall such depth of feeling from you. | 我不记得你以前有这么深的感情啊 |
[17:33] | Well, I wasn’t like this back then. | 我当年并不是像这样的 |
[17:35] | And even if you had been, | 就算你当年是这样 |
[17:36] | I wouldn’t have been smart enough to see it. | 我也没有一双慧眼去发现这一点 |
[17:38] | Yeah. We were two different, | 是啊 我们当时是两个截然不同的 |
[17:40] | rather inferior, people. | 相当差劲的人 |
[17:43] | So, since our thing happened to two different people, | 既然当年的我们与现在的我们已经完全不一样了 |
[17:48] | why should these two people here now– | 为什么现在的我们 |
[17:51] | who both want to keep from hurting that woman out there– | 鉴于我们都不想伤害外面那个女人 |
[17:55] | Even bring it up? | 何必要提起这事呢 |
[18:01] | What have you two been talking about? | 你们两个谈了些什么 |
[18:02] | Oh, just getting to know each other. | 就是相互了解一下 |
[18:05] | And the more I do, the more I realize | 我越了解 就越意识到 |
[18:08] | how good Daniel is for you. | 丹尼尔有多么适合你 |
[18:10] | So, I give you my blessing. | 所以 我衷心祝福你 |
[18:12] | Well, I hardly need a blessing from you. | 我才不需要你的祝福呢 |
[18:16] | But it warms my heart to get it. | 但是能获得祝福让我的心感觉很温暖 |
[18:19] | Oh, mom. | 妈 |
[18:20] | Well, I’d say it’s been a good night. | 我觉得今晚还挺顺利的 |
[18:22] | I mean, even Elka managed | 连爱尔卡也躲过了 |
[18:23] | to avoid Mary’s ghost or spirit or whatever it is. | 玛丽的鬼魂或亡灵的加害 |
[18:26] | I feel a little cheated. | 我感觉有点被耍了 |
[18:28] | I really thought there’d be something. | 我真以为会发生什么事呢 |
[18:41] | That might be something. | 或许就是指这种骇人的事 |
[18:48] | Elka, what are you doing in my bed? | 爱尔卡 你跑到我床上来干什么 |
[18:51] | – The storm’s over. – I know that, | -风暴已经结束了 -我知道 |
[18:54] | but George is still terrified. Look at him. | 但乔治还是很害怕 你瞧瞧它 |
[18:59] | All right, fine. | 好吧 行吧 |
[19:03] | I talked to the police. | 我跟警察谈过了 |
[19:05] | They believe the bones in the fireplace | 他们认为壁炉里的那堆骨头 |
[19:06] | belong to a local burglar who disappeared 50 years ago. | 是一个50年前失踪的本地盗窃犯的 |
[19:10] | Their theory is that he robbed and murdered Mary, | 他们认为 他洗劫并谋害了玛丽 |
[19:13] | attempted to escape up the chimney | 然后试图爬烟囱逃走 |
[19:14] | where he bumped his head and died. | 没想到却撞到了头 死去了 |
[19:17] | And he’s been up there this whole time? | 他一直都卡在里面吗 |
[19:19] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:20] | Which begs the question, | 所以显而易见的问题是 |
[19:21] | don’t you ever have the chimney cleaned? | 你就从没请人清理过烟囱吗 |
[19:25] | Good night, Elka. | 晚安 爱尔卡 |
[19:28] | Good night, Joy. | 晚安 乔依 |
[19:29] | I’ll be here when you wake up in the morning. | 明早你醒来时 我还会在这里 不会偷跑掉的 |
[19:32] | Why are you telling me that? | 你为什么跟我说这个 |
[19:34] | I thought you’d like to hear it once. | 我觉得你会希望偶尔有人这样跟你说 |