时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Hot in cleveland is recorded in front of a live studio audience. | 《燃情克利夫兰》是在摄影棚观众前现场录制的 |
[00:12] | Guess what Madonna, Jamie Lee Curtis, and I | 猜猜麦当娜 杰米·李·柯蒂斯和我 |
[00:14] | have in common. | 有何共同之处 |
[00:16] | Slept with Warren Beatty? | 都和沃伦·贝迪睡过吗 |
[00:19] | No. | 不是 |
[00:20] | Peaked in the ’80s? | 巅峰都在80年代吗 |
[00:21] | No, stop guessing. | 不是 别再乱猜了 |
[00:23] | We’re all celebrities | 我们都是大明星 |
[00:24] | who are also children’s book writers. | 而且同为少儿图书作家 |
[00:26] | You’ve written a children’s book? | 你写过儿童读物吗 |
[00:28] | “Have written,” “will write, ” what’s the difference? | 写过和即将动笔写有何不同呢 |
[00:31] | The important thing is, we’re doing this together. | 重点在于 你我将共同联手 |
[00:34] | You want me to work on your book with you? | 你想邀我和你一起写书吗 |
[00:36] | Work with me, work instead of me, | 和我一起写 或替我代笔写 |
[00:38] | what’s the difference? | 又有何不同呢 |
[00:40] | You know what? I’m in. | 其实呢 我打算同意 |
[00:42] | I’ve always wanted to write a children’s book. | 我一直想写一本少儿读物 |
[00:44] | Oh, I used to love making up stories for my kids. | 以前我就爱给孩子们编故事 |
[00:46] | Oh, me too. | 我也如此 |
[00:48] | My favorite was, | 我最爱的故事是 |
[00:49] | mommy loved you in the school play, | 妈妈爱死你们在校园剧中的演出了 |
[00:51] | but you didn’t see me | 但你们没看到我 |
[00:52] | because I was in the very last row. | 因为当时我坐在最后一排 |
[00:56] | Oh, I told that one again and again. | 这个故事我可是讲过很多遍 |
[00:58] | Oh, my god. | 老天 |
[00:59] | I just found out my sister’s coming to Cleveland. | 我刚得知我妹妹要来克利夫兰了 |
[01:02] | You have a sister? | 你还有个妹妹 |
[01:04] | She’s been a nun for the last 20 years. | 她当了20年的修女 |
[01:06] | She’s nothing like me. | 她和我截然不同 |
[01:07] | Well, you both spend a lot of time on your knees. | 至少你们都经常跪着”做事”啊 |
[01:13] | Actually, she’s decided to leave the convent. | 事实上 她已经决意离开修道院了 |
[01:16] | Wow, that’s gonna be a big adjustment for her out in the real world. | 哇 那她重返现实世界可要好好适应一番了 |
[01:20] | Poor, poor Jill. | 超可怜的吉尔 |
[01:21] | She’s always been a bit of a mess. | 她一直过得乱七八糟的 |
[01:23] | Clumsy and mousy, | 笨手笨脚且胆小如鼠 |
[01:25] | looking to her beautiful, glamorous sister for protection. | 指望着她美丽动人 魅力四射的姐姐来保护她 |
[01:28] | Oh, the beautiful and glamorous | 美丽动人且魅力四射的女人 |
[01:29] | do bear a lot of responsibility. | 确实肩负重任 |
[01:33] | You know, responsibility was actually the theme | 「承担责任」正是我昨天 |
[01:35] | of my radio show yesterday. | 电台节目的主题 |
[01:37] | – Did anybody hear it? – I did. | -你们有人听了吗 -我听了 |
[01:38] | But you didn’t see me | 但是你没看到我 |
[01:39] | because I was in the very last row. | 因为当时我坐在最后一排 |
[01:45] | As your assistant, I’m running out of excuses | 身为你的助理 我已经编不出任何借口 |
[01:48] | for why you’re not at city council meetings. | 解释你为什么缺席市议会了 |
[01:51] | What did you tell them today? | 那今天你怎么跟大家说的 |
[01:53] | That you were on a fact-finding mission | 说你有一个实地考察任务 |
[01:54] | to find the best beer in Cleveland. | 要找到克利夫兰最好喝的啤酒 |
[01:57] | Well, you weren’t lying. | 你的确没撒谎啊 |
[02:01] | Well, everyone’s excited about the party you’re hosting | 对于你即将为我们英国姐妹城市举办的派对 |
[02:05] | for our sister city in England, | 大家都兴奋不已 |
[02:07] | and you know what’s fascinating? | 你知道很棒的一点是什么吗 |
[02:09] | Our sister city is also called Cleveland. | 我们姐妹城市的名字也是克利夫兰 |
[02:12] | I do know what’s fascinating, | 我当然知道什么才叫棒 |
[02:14] | and that isn’t it. | 但绝非如你所言 |
[02:17] | Now, the guest of honor is the Earl of Cleveland. | 我们的特邀嘉宾是克利夫兰郡的伯爵 |
[02:21] | We need to go over protocol, | 我们得学习下外交礼仪 |
[02:22] | so you don’t create another international incident, | 以免你又引发一场国际冲突事件 |
[02:26] | like you did with that German mayor last month. | 就像上个月你对那位德国市长所做的事一样 |
[02:29] | What incident? I was making a joke. | 什么冲突事件 我那是开了个玩笑 |
[02:32] | You put a comb under your nose | 你将一把梳子架在鼻子底下 |
[02:34] | and goose-stepped behind him. | 还在他身后踢正步 |
[02:38] | I may have been testing beer that day too. | 我看那天我还是实地考察啤酒吧 |
[02:45] | Elka, Mamie Sue, | 爱尔卡 梅米·苏 |
[02:47] | this is my sister Jill. | 这是我妹妹吉尔 |
[02:51] | – May we? – Of course. | -能一起吗 -当然可以 |
[02:57] | This is from that gentleman at the bar. | 这杯酒是吧台那位先生请你的 |
[03:01] | Men have always found you irresistible. | 男人永远都无法抗拒你的魅力 |
[03:04] | Probably ’cause she doesn’t resist. | 很可能是因为她来者不拒 |
[03:07] | Actually, growing up, | 事实上 从小到大 |
[03:09] | even if she was with a boy she liked, | 即使她是和心爱的男孩儿在一起 |
[03:11] | she’d always look out for me. | 她也会一直照顾我 |
[03:13] | But any time I took a tumble, | 每次我摔倒的时候 |
[03:14] | she’d be right there to pick me up, | 她肯定现身 扶起我 |
[03:16] | dust me off, and say, “on your feet, cabbage,” | 掸掉我身上的土说”给我站起来 小妞儿” |
[03:18] | And then she’d punch whoever laughed at me in the throat. | 谁嘲笑我 都会被她揍得头破血流 |
[03:22] | May I ask why you quit being a nun? | 我能问问你为什么不再当修女了吗 |
[03:25] | Is it because you’re a flibbertigibbet, | 是因为你为人轻浮不负责任 |
[03:27] | a will-o’-the-wisp, a clown? | 蛊惑人心 还耍宝现眼吗 |
[03:28] | 《音乐之声》中众嬷嬷 对玛利亚的评价 | |
[03:32] | I didn’t feel I had the calling anymore, | 我只是感受不到主的召唤了 |
[03:35] | so I left. | 所以才离开的 |
[03:36] | I bet that raised a lot of eyebrow. | 你这理由肯定让大家惊得挑断眉毛了吧 |
[03:42] | What? Am I the only one who sees it? | 怎么了 只有我觉得她眉毛快连一起了吗 |
[03:47] | Elka, that is exactly the kind of joke | 爱尔卡 在克利夫兰郡的派对上 |
[03:50] | you can’t make at the party for the Earl of Cleveland. | 你千万不能和伯爵开这种玩笑 |
[03:53] | The Earl of Cleveland is coming here? | 克利夫兰郡的伯爵要来这里吗 |
[03:56] | Percy Lennox Gordo. | 珀西·伦诺克斯·戈多 |
[03:57] | 47th in line to the throne. | 排在第47位的王位继承人 |
[03:59] | Would you like to come to the party we’re throwing for him? | 你们愿意参加我们为他举办的派对吗 |
[04:02] | Yes! And who knows? | 愿意 谁知道会发生什么 |
[04:04] | Maybe he sees me. I see him. | 也许我们四目相对 深情凝视 |
[04:06] | One thing leads to another, | 接下来的事顺理成章 |
[04:07] | and 46 unfortunate accidents later, | 前面46个继承人都遭遇了不幸事故 |
[04:09] | I’m queen of England. | 我摇身一变就是英国王后 |
[04:12] | I don’t think I want to come. | 我不是很想去 |
[04:14] | I’m not very good at parties. | 我不大擅长参加派对 |
[04:15] | Oh, poor Jill. | 可怜的吉尔 |
[04:18] | I’ll make sure you have a good time. | 我一定会让你玩得开心的 |
[04:19] | You can borrow my clothes, | 我可以借漂亮的衣服给你穿 |
[04:21] | and maybe we can take care of some of this too. | 或许顺便把你这眉毛也修一修 |
[04:24] | Elka and I are going to the beauty salon. | 我和爱尔卡打算去美容院 |
[04:27] | You can come with us. | 你可以和我们一起啊 |
[04:28] | That’s a great idea. | 这主意真棒 |
[04:30] | I almost became a nun, | 我当年也差点成为一名修女 |
[04:32] | but then I learned that those big hats don’t really make you fly, | 但后来我知道那种大修女帽并不能让人飞起来 |
[04:35] | even on a really windy day. | 即使风再大也不行 |
[04:40] | And I liked sex with men. | 何况我还喜欢和男人做爱 |
[04:47] | Okay, even though it’s a children’s book, | 就算是一本少儿读物 |
[04:48] | there is a lot to do. | 工作量也是蛮大的 |
[04:50] | Once we come up with our idea, | 一旦有了创意之后 |
[04:51] | we’re gonna have to do an outline, | 我们要先列一个提纲 |
[04:53] | first draft, second draft, | 然后初稿 第二稿 |
[04:54] | and then we should be done in six months. | 我们应该半年内可以完工 |
[04:57] | That’s great. It’s due Monday. | 太棒了 周一是截稿日 |
[05:01] | What? | 什么 |
[05:02] | And the editor’s coming by today | 另外编辑今天会过来 |
[05:03] | to see what we’ve got. | 看看我们写得如何了 |
[05:05] | – What? – Don’t act surprised. | -什么 -别一脸惊讶 |
[05:06] | We’ve had a whole year to come up with something. | 都给我们整整一年时间写这点儿东西了 |
[05:09] | What? | 什么 |
[05:11] | You have had a whole year? | 人家已经给了你整整一年的时间 |
[05:12] | No, we have had a whole year. | 不 是给了我们整整一年的时间 |
[05:15] | I told him that I’ve had a collaborator all this time, | 我一直跟编辑说我有位拍档 |
[05:17] | you know, to put him at ease. | 这样说能让他放宽心 |
[05:19] | He thinks that actors are lazy and unreliable. | 他认为演员都是懒惰又靠不住的 |
[05:22] | When will that stereotype end? | 这种老套偏见什么时候才是头啊 |
[05:26] | Is Jill back from her makeover? | 吉尔从美容院回来了吗 |
[05:27] | – No, not yet. – Poor thing. | -没 还没有 -可怜的姑娘 |
[05:29] | Hope she’s not expecting a miracle. | 希望她不要幻想着会有奇迹发生 |
[05:37] | How do I look? | 我看起来如何 |
[05:39] | Oh, my goodness. Jill! | 天啊 吉尔 |
[05:41] | Joy, dear, you’ll want to see this. | 乔依 亲爱的 你肯定想看下的 |
[05:47] | Holy… | 我的个… |
[06:05] | Hello, all. | 大家好 |
[06:07] | – Where’s Joy? – Coming! | -乔依呢 -我来了 |
[06:12] | Oh, my. What did the doctor say? | 天啊 医生怎么说 |
[06:14] | Oh, it’s not bad. | 不算太糟糕啦 |
[06:16] | Just have to use this for a couple of days. | 只需要借助这个几天 |
[06:18] | Remember when we were kids and I’d follow you | 还记得我们小时候 都是我骑着踏板车 |
[06:20] | wherever you went on my scooter? | 追在你屁股后面到处跑吗 |
[06:22] | Now you have the scooter. It’s like we’ve swapped places. | 现在换你骑踏板车了 就好像我们对换了角色一样 |
[06:25] | It’s funny, isn’t it? | 真有趣 不是吗 |
[06:27] | Yes, very funny. | 是啊 相当有趣 |
[06:34] | That’s not your normal laugh. | 你平时不是这样笑的 |
[06:36] | Yes, it is. | 是的 就是的 |
[06:44] | Now, Elka, here’s a list of the British dignitaries. | 爱尔卡 这里是英国贵族的名单 |
[06:50] | These are some goofy names. | 真是些蠢蠢的名字啊 |
[06:53] | Elka, class and rank are incredibly important to British nobility. | 爱尔卡 阶层和等级对于英国贵族来说是很重要的 |
[06:59] | Let’s say there’s a tornado, | 假设出现了龙卷风 |
[07:00] | and you’re with a baron and a gentleman of the gentry. | 你正和一个男爵及一个上层阶级的绅士在一起 |
[07:04] | Who do you bring to the storm cellar? | 你会带谁进入防风地窖呢 |
[07:06] | – The baron. – Correct. | -男爵啊 -正确 |
[07:08] | Have you been studying? | 你悄悄补习过了吗 |
[07:11] | No. | 没有 |
[07:12] | I’m just not spending a night in a basement with a gentleman. | 我只是不想和一个绅士在地下室待一晚上 |
[07:21] | I’m so nervous. | 我好紧张啊 |
[07:22] | You know, in the convent, flirting was frowned upon. | 在修道院 调情是被人皱眉唾弃的 |
[07:26] | Actually, frowning was frowned upon. | 实际上 皱眉本身也是被人唾弃的 |
[07:29] | Poor Jill. Poor, poor Jill. | 可怜的吉尔 可怜的小吉尔 |
[07:33] | Where are our drinks? | 我们点的酒怎么还没来 |
[07:35] | I’ll go check. | 我去看一下 |
[07:40] | Hello. | 你好 |
[07:41] | Can I buy you a drink? | 我能请你喝杯酒吗 |
[07:50] | What the– | 搞什么… |
[07:55] | Oh, god! It’s filthy. | 天啊 真是脏死了 |
[07:58] | All those men were fighting over who could buy me a drink. | 那些男人为了请我喝酒都快打起来了 |
[08:02] | Oh, what happened to your eye? | 你的眼睛怎么了 |
[08:04] | I got lemon juice and grease in it. | 我不小心把柠檬汁和油弄进去了 |
[08:07] | Oh, poor Joy. | 可怜的乔依 |
[08:09] | Poor, poor Joy. | 可怜的小乔依 |
[08:19] | What a wonderful evening. | 真是美好的一晚 |
[08:22] | Have you ever had five men buy you drinks? | 有过5个男人同时请你喝酒吗 |
[08:25] | Please, I’ve had six, often seven. | 得了吧 6个甚至7个都有过呢 |
[08:30] | Crap. | 糟糕 |
[08:32] | Just let me do the talking. | 让我来跟警察谈 |
[08:34] | I’ve flirted my way out of dozens of tickets. | 我通过调情避免了几十次罚单 |
[08:42] | What seems to be the problem, officer? | 有什么问题吗 警官 |
[08:46] | Your blinker’s been on for the last 5 miles. | 你的车危险警报灯一直开着 |
[08:49] | I’m sorry, officer. | 我很抱歉 警官 |
[08:50] | We’re trying to get to the hospital for my poor sister’s eye. | 我们是想尽快赶到医院 治疗我这可怜姐姐的眼睛 |
[08:53] | Wow, you have a beautiful accent. | 你的口音好迷人啊 |
[08:56] | We have the exact same accent. | 我们的口音明明是一样的啊 |
[08:59] | Would you like an escort to the hospital? | 你需要我用警车护送你们去医院吗 |
[09:01] | No, we’re fine. | 不用了 我们可以的 |
[09:02] | We have an excellent navigation system. | 我们有着超棒的导航系统 |
[09:04] | I’ll let you go with a warning, | 我这次就给你们一个警告算了 |
[09:06] | but drive safe, okay? | 不过要安全驾驶 好吗 |
[09:08] | You’re carrying precious cargo. | 你车上可是载着一个”宝贝”呢 |
[09:15] | Did I just flirt my way out of your ticket? | 我刚刚是通过调情避免了你被开罚单吗 |
[09:20] | Thrilling. | 真刺激啊 |
[09:22] | You don’t seem very happy for me. | 你似乎不太为我感到高兴啊 |
[09:24] | Of course I am, | 我当然高兴了 |
[09:26] | although, thinking about it, | 不过 仔细想想 |
[09:28] | being hot isn’t for everyone, | 性感火辣并不适合每个人 |
[09:30] | which makes me wonder if, on some level, | 那让我不禁好奇 在某种程度上 |
[09:32] | you wouldn’t be happier back in the convent. | 你如果回到修道院会不会更加开心呢 |
[09:35] | But I don’t want to go back to the convent. | 但我不想回到修道院中啊 |
[09:37] | I’m having fun. | 我玩得很开心 |
[09:38] | Maybe, but it doesn’t suit you. | 或许吧 但这不适合你 |
[09:41] | Oh, my goodness, you’re jealous | 天啊 你嫉妒了 |
[09:45] | ‘Cause I’m blossoming and you’re wilting. | 因为我正绽放 而你正在枯萎 |
[09:49] | You just can’t stand the idea | 你就是受不了自己 |
[09:50] | of not being the prettiest woman in the room. | 不是屋子里最漂亮的女人 |
[09:53] | Well, you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[09:54] | You’re not even the prettiest woman in this car. | 你都不是这辆车里最漂亮的女人 |
[09:57] | That couldn’t be further from the truth! | 你这话与事实完全不符 |
[10:06] | Okay, look, the editor’s gonna be here any minute. | 好吧 编辑随时都会到 |
[10:08] | We still don’t have an idea for this book. | 我们对这书还是一点构思都没有 |
[10:10] | Don’t panic. Maybe he’ll be late. | 别慌 或许他会迟到的 |
[10:12] | Oh, my god, he’s not late. | 天啊 他没迟到 |
[10:14] | And the advance he gave us was huge, | 他给我们的定金很丰厚 |
[10:16] | and we’ve already spent it. | 但我们已经都花光了 |
[10:17] | What? I didn’t get any money. | 什么 我可是一分钱都没拿到 |
[10:19] | You’ve only been working here a day. | 你这才工作了一天啊 |
[10:20] | Don’t get greedy. | 做人不能太贪心 |
[10:22] | You know what? I’ll stall him. | 不如这样 我来拖延一下他 |
[10:26] | Anderson, how lovely to see you. | 安德森 真高兴见到你 |
[10:28] | This is my collaborator, Melanie. | 这位是我的写作搭档 梅兰妮 |
[10:30] | – Hello. – Listen. | -你好 -听我说 |
[10:32] | We could do that whole dance, | 我们可以来敷衍那一套 |
[10:33] | but let me just bottom-line this for you. | 但我还是对你掀个底牌吧 |
[10:36] | Melanie and I just need a little– | 梅兰妮和我需要一点… |
[10:37] | Victoria, you better not be asking for another extension. | 维多利亚 你最好别又是请求要延期 |
[10:41] | You and Melanie have had two years. | 都已经给了你和梅兰妮两年时间了 |
[10:43] | Two? | 两年吗 |
[10:45] | Extension, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 延期 不 不 当然不是 |
[10:48] | Delay this idea that is going to change | 难道要推出这个将永远 |
[10:51] | children’s literature forever? | 改变儿童文学的伟大构思吗 |
[10:52] | If anything, we need less time. | 真要说时间 那我们也是要提前交 |
[10:56] | Fantastic. | 好极了 |
[10:57] | I want to hear it after I take this. | 我想在接完电话后好好听你们说说 |
[10:58] | – Is there a place I can– – Oh, yes. | -有没有地方可以让我… -当然有 |
[11:00] | Right down here. | 就在这边 |
[11:01] | Just take your time, and while you’re at it, | 你慢慢来不着急 趁着这个时间 |
[11:03] | you might want to tighten your socks, | 你最好拉紧一下袜子 |
[11:04] | because they’re about to get knocked off. | 因为它们就快要被震惊掉 |
[11:08] | Why did you tell him that we have a great idea? | 你为什么要告诉他我们有了个奇妙的构思呢 |
[11:10] | Honey, what do you think, | 亲爱的 你怎么想的 |
[11:11] | one’s just gonna walk in the front door? | 难道奇妙的构思会自动走进门来吗 |
[11:13] | And now, thanks to you, | 现在 多亏了你 |
[11:15] | I have to wear this stupid eye patch. | 我不得不戴上个愚蠢的眼罩 |
[11:18] | It’s not my fault. Face it. | 那可不是我的错 面对现实吧 |
[11:21] | You liked me when I was mousy, | 我之前胆小怯弱时 你很喜欢我 |
[11:22] | and now that that’s changed, you can’t handle it. | 现在情况变了 你就接受不了了 |
[11:24] | Nonsense! | 胡说八道 |
[11:25] | All I’ve ever been is a protective big sister. | 我一直以来都是个保护你的大姐姐 |
[11:28] | Then how come when you had an eyebrow-waxing business, | 那为什么当年你做修眉生意时 |
[11:31] | you never got rid of my unibrow? | 却从未想过替我修掉一字眉呢 |
[11:33] | Why would you want me to? | 你为什么想让我帮你修眉呢 |
[11:34] | So you could be sexy for god? | 好让你在上帝面前卖弄风骚吗 |
[11:36] | That’s sick. | 那真是太变态了 |
[11:41] | So tell me the idea. | 跟我说说书的构思吧 |
[11:44] | It’s a story about two sisters, | 是关于两姐妹的故事 |
[11:46] | Joy and Jill. | 乔依和吉尔 |
[11:48] | One was mousy her whole life | 其中一个一辈子都胆小如鼠 |
[11:51] | because she was a mouse. | 因为她曾经是一只老鼠 |
[11:55] | They’re both mice, | 她们都是老鼠 |
[11:56] | and the other mouse was always the beautiful one. | 而另一只则是美丽惊艳的存在 |
[11:58] | Right, but then, they switched. | 没错 但后来 她们互换了身份 |
[12:02] | Sounds interesting. | 听上去很有意思啊 |
[12:03] | You know, mice do well in focus groups. | 老鼠在焦点小组中很受欢迎 |
[12:07] | Melanie and I are artists. | 梅兰妮和我是艺术家 |
[12:09] | We don’t cater to focus groups. | 我们不会故意迎合焦点小组 |
[12:11] | And how does your story end? | 你们的故事结局是怎样的呢 |
[12:13] | Well, what kind of endings do focus groups like? | 焦点小组喜欢什么样的结局呢 |
[12:18] | The kind that are in my hand by monday. | 就是周一时能交到我手中的那种 |
[12:21] | Then you will have it by Sunday. | 那你周日时就能拿到手 |
[12:27] | What is wrong with you? | 你是有什么毛病啊 |
[12:33] | I’m ready. How do I look? | 我准备好了 我看上去怎么样 |
[12:35] | Oh, you’ll be the prettiest mouse at the ball. | 你会是舞会上最漂亮的老鼠的 |
[12:38] | What do you mean, mouse? | 你刚说”老鼠”是什么意思 |
[12:39] | Uh, nothing. | 没什么 |
[12:43] | Sounds like Elka’s ready to go. | 听上去爱尔卡已经准备好出发了 |
[12:45] | – Do you need a lift? – No, no, no. | -你们需要搭车吗 -不 不用 |
[12:46] | We’re gonna wait for Joy. You go ahead without us. | 我们想等乔依 你先去吧 |
[12:50] | So the newly beautiful mouse headed off to the ball. | 新变美的老鼠出发去参加舞会了 |
[12:53] | It’s almost too easy. | 真是太容易了 |
[12:55] | Now, what’s our ending? | 我们该写个什么样的结局 |
[12:58] | We’ll find out at the ball. The earl is there. | 我们会在舞会上搞清楚的 伯爵在那里 |
[13:00] | The two sisters will vie for him, | 两姐妹会拼命争抢他 |
[13:02] | and then whatever happens, that’s the ending to our book. | 不管发生什么事 都可以作为我们书的结局 |
[13:05] | – I’m not going. – What? | -我不去了 -什么 |
[13:07] | No. No, no, no, no. | 不 不 不行 |
[13:08] | You can’t let a little thing like a scooter and an eye patch stop you. | 你可不能让踏板车和眼罩这种小挫折阻止你 |
[13:14] | How about this? | 那这个呢 |
[13:18] | I knocked my crown out trying to open my eye drops bottle. | 我开眼药水瓶子时 不小心磕掉了门牙 |
[13:24] | You cannot give up. | 你不能放弃 |
[13:25] | This would be a terrible ending. | 这会是个糟糕的结局 |
[13:27] | Where would Cinderella be if she’d stayed home | 要是灰姑娘待在家里自怜自艾 |
[13:29] | and felt sorry for herself | 只有她的姐姐们去舞会 |
[13:31] | when her sister was off having fun at the ball? | 寻欢作乐 她还能嫁给王子吗 |
[13:33] | Look at me. I’m hardly Cinderella. | 瞧瞧我 我可不像是灰姑娘 |
[13:39] | Victoria, she’s right. | 维多利亚 她说得对 |
[13:43] | Jill is the one that got beautiful. | 现在吉尔才是美人儿 |
[13:45] | Oh, that’s true. You’ve had your time. | 没错 你的时代过去了 |
[13:48] | Jill’s Cinderella now. | 现在吉尔才是灰姑娘 |
[13:50] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[13:51] | I’m Cinderella, and I’m going to the ball. | 我才是灰姑娘 我要去参加舞会 |
[13:53] | I just need you to help me | 但我要你们帮我 |
[13:55] | look pretty enough to capture a nobleman. | 打扮得漂亮点 好让我勾搭个贵族 |
[14:00] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[14:02] | This is gonna be harder than writing the book. | 这可比写书难多了 |
[14:09] | The Earl of Cleveland is going to be here any second. | 克利夫兰伯爵马上就要到了 |
[14:12] | I hope you memorized the names of the dignitaries. | 希望你已经记住了所有贵族的名字 |
[14:15] | Oh, don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[14:17] | I made a cheat sheet. | 我做了个小抄 |
[14:20] | – Oh, no. – What? | -糟糕 -怎么了 |
[14:21] | These are my football picks. | 这是我买的橄榄球彩票 |
[14:25] | Elka, what were you thinking? | 爱尔卡 你在想什么呢 |
[14:27] | I know. Ravens plus three? | 我知道 乌鸦队怎么可能赢3分 |
[14:33] | Here they come. | 他们来了 |
[14:34] | – Oh, I’m screwed. – Don’t panic. | -我完了 -别慌 |
[14:37] | The earl has to introduce his people to you. | 伯爵会介绍他的人给你认识 |
[14:39] | Just pay attention and repeat what he says. | 注意听 重复一遍他说的就行了 |
[14:42] | Councilwoman Ostrovsky, a pleasure. | 奥斯特洛夫斯基议员 很高兴见到您 |
[14:45] | The members of my party. | 介绍一下我的同行官员们 |
[14:47] | Chief magistrate Martin Portreeve, | 首席地方法官 马丁·波特里 |
[14:49] | lieutenant colonel Rodson Heathcote-drummond, | 陆军中校 罗德森·海斯科特-德拉蒙德 |
[14:51] | the honorable Martin Gled-heweson, | 尊敬的马丁·格莱德-休森 |
[14:53] | bishop of Lichfield, | 利奇菲尔德教区主教 |
[14:54] | lord keeper of the privy seal Lemonde Oswolf-sticket. | 掌玺大臣雷蒙德·奥斯瓦尔夫-史迪克特 |
[15:06] | Everyone, please welcome the earl of Cleveland. | 各位 请掌声欢迎克利夫兰伯爵 |
[15:12] | And with him plaidsy, | 以及同行的戴花格子的 |
[15:18] | war man, | 干仗的 |
[15:21] | churchie, and… | 管教堂的 以及… |
[15:24] | Lemony Snicket. | 雷蒙尼·史尼奇[美国作家] |
[15:37] | I believe we’re going to have great fun doing business together. | 相信我们今后的合作一定会非常愉快 |
[15:41] | Gentlemen, please. | 先生们 请坐吧 |
[15:43] | You did it, Elka. You’re a hero. | 你做到了 爱尔卡 你是英雄 |
[15:46] | Oh, save it for the real heroes, | 这话留给真英雄吧 |
[15:49] | the Ravens, if they cover the spread. | 乌鸦队 要是他们真能赢的话 |
[15:54] | Oh, you look so beautiful. | 你真是美极了 |
[15:56] | Your eye patch matches your gown. | 你的眼罩跟长裙很搭 |
[15:58] | Your gown covers the wheels on your orthopedic boot, | 长裙正好盖住了矫正靴上的轮子 |
[16:00] | and the super glue is holding perfectly on your dead tooth. | 万能胶又把掉了的牙齿牢牢粘住了 |
[16:04] | I feel so glamorous. | 我觉得自己美翻了 |
[16:08] | Damn it. Jill’s already with the earl. | 该死 吉尔已经跟伯爵聊上了 |
[16:11] | Look at her over there, | 看她在那边的样子 |
[16:12] | shamelessly flirting with him. | 不要脸地跟伯爵调情 |
[16:15] | Maybe I should just go home. | 也许我该直接回家 |
[16:17] | No, you can’t. That’s quitter talk. | 不 不行 懦夫才这样 |
[16:18] | If you don’t go down fighting, what does that do for us? | 如果你不去争取 那我们怎么办 |
[16:21] | Who look up to you. | 我们都很崇拜你呢 |
[16:25] | What’s the use? | 有什么用啊 |
[16:26] | Look, he’s already interested in– | 他已经对她产生兴… |
[16:33] | Hello. | 你好 |
[16:34] | You move like an angel, | 你走路的样子真像天使 |
[16:36] | as if you were floating across the room. | 仿佛是飘过来的 |
[16:38] | Thank you for remarking on my grace, your grace. | 感谢您的夸奖 大人 |
[16:43] | Beluga, my favorite. | 鱼子酱 我的最爱 |
[16:45] | – I simply adore beluga. – I adore it more. | -我也喜欢鱼子酱 -我更喜欢 |
[16:50] | Delicious. | 真美味 |
[16:54] | Poor child, have you never had caviar? | 可怜的孩子 你从没吃过鱼子酱吗 |
[16:57] | You must be so sheltered and naive. | 那你一定是久居深闺 很傻很天真 |
[17:00] | Well, I’m certainly not as worldly and experienced as some. | 我当然不像有些人那么风尘世俗 “经验”丰富了 |
[17:03] | Perhaps the earl would like to hear a story | 也许伯爵愿意听我讲个故事 |
[17:05] | of a woman who’s been ridden by more men | 关于一个女人 上过他的男人 |
[17:07] | than the London underground. | 比上过伦敦地铁的人还多 |
[17:09] | Or perhaps the earl would like to see a recent photo | 也许伯爵更愿意看一个 |
[17:12] | of a woman with a mustache. | 长了胡子的女人的近照 |
[17:16] | I’m not sure that I would, actually. | 我可不确定我想看 |
[17:19] | Who do you want the earl to end up with, | 你希望伯爵最后跟谁在一起 |
[17:20] | Joy mouse or Jill mouse? | 乔依鼠还是吉尔鼠 |
[17:22] | Of course I’m rooting for Joy. | 我当然支持乔依了 |
[17:24] | Well, obviously I’m rooting for Joy too. | 我当然也是支持乔依了 |
[17:25] | – But it’s gonna be Jill. – Totally. | -但肯定是吉尔赢 -没错 |
[17:28] | I mean, we’re writing a children’s book, | 我们是要写儿童读物 |
[17:29] | not how Joy mouse got her groove back. | 又不是乔依鼠重返巅峰的励志故事 |
[17:33] | And then I said, “Middleton? I thought you said Wimbledon.” | 然后我说”米德尔顿吗 我以为你说温布尔顿呢” |
[17:39] | Reminds me of the time I was invited | 记得提醒我 如果下次 |
[17:41] | to the Duchess of– | 我被邀请到温布… |
[17:43] | What? | 怎么了 |
[17:44] | Do I have something on my tooth? | 我牙齿上沾了东西吗 |
[17:47] | No, quite the opposite, actually. | 没有 恰恰相反 |
[17:49] | Seems you have a tooth on your something. | 好像是你的食物上沾了你的牙齿 |
[17:54] | Excuse me, won’t you? | 失陪一下 |
[18:08] | Goodness. | 天呐 |
[18:09] | That woman’s a bit of a disaster, isn’t she? | 那女人真是太可怕了 不是吗 |
[18:12] | Perhaps you and I could go somewhere a little more private. | 也许我们该去个隐蔽点的地方 |
[18:21] | I’d love to, | 我也想去 |
[18:22] | but that disaster is my sister, | 但那个可怕的女人是我姐姐 |
[18:24] | and she needs my help. | 她现在需要我的帮助 |
[18:26] | Would you excuse me? | 原谅我失陪了 |
[18:28] | – Honey, are you all right? – Are you hurt? | -亲爱的 你还好吗 -受伤了吗 |
[18:30] | I’m fine, just hideously embarrassed. | 没事 只是太丢人了 |
[18:33] | – Let me help. – Jill, what about the earl? | -我来帮你吧 -吉尔 那伯爵怎么办 |
[18:37] | You took a tumble. | 你摔了一跤 |
[18:38] | It’s my turn to pick you up and dust you off. | 轮到我来扶你起来 掸去你身上的灰了 |
[18:40] | On your feet, cabbage. | 站起来吧 姑娘 |
[18:42] | She looks like a pirate. | 她简直像个海盗 |
[18:44] | All that’s missing is a parrot on her shoulder. | 只欠一只鹦鹉站在她的肩上了 |
[18:46] | All that’s missing is my fist in your throat. | 只欠我打你一拳吧 |
[18:51] | Jill, that’s so sweet. | 吉尔 你太贴心了 |
[18:56] | Let’s save the smiles till we get home, shall we? | 你还是等回家后再笑吧 好吗 |
[18:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:01] | There’s the end of our story: | 这就是我们故事的结局 |
[19:03] | The sisters choose each other. | 姐妹俩选择了彼此 |
[19:05] | Oh, I love the way we write. | 我好喜欢我们的故事结局 |
[19:13] | Thanks again for leaving the earl for me. | 再次谢谢你为我放弃伯爵 |
[19:15] | Oh, well, there are dozens of royals, | 皇室贵族一大把 |
[19:18] | but I only have one sister, | 但姐姐只有一个 |
[19:20] | and there’ll be other men. | 况且还有别的男人嘛 |
[19:22] | Please tell me sex is better than caviar. | 告诉我做爱比吃鱼子酱爽多了 |
[19:25] | They’re both better with vodka. | 配上伏特加的话都会更爽 |
[19:32] | But if I could offer a piece of big sister advice, | 但我作为过来人 可以给你一条忠告 |
[19:36] | when it comes to men, be patient. | 那就是找男人要有耐心 |
[19:39] | You may have to kiss a lot frogs | 可能要先亲吻许多只青蛙 |
[19:41] | before you find your prince. | 才能找到你的王子 |
[19:44] | Pardon me. | 打扰了 |
[19:45] | Or not. | 也可能不用 |
[19:47] | I believe you left your boot wheel behind. | 我想你靴子上的轮子掉了 |
[19:50] | Oh, Joy, it’s like Cinderella. | 乔依 灰姑娘的剧情啊 |
[19:53] | Oh, sweetie, I don’t think he’s here for me. | 亲爱的 我想他不是为我而来的 |
[19:56] | Yes, while you’re both extremely charming women– | 没错 你二人都是充满魅力的女人 |
[19:59] | – You don’t have to. – Right. | -你没必要说客套话 -好吧 |
[20:03] | I thought it was very lovely the way you left the party early | 我觉得你提早离开派对 |
[20:05] | to take care of your sister, | 回家照顾姐姐 非常有爱 |
[20:06] | but I wanted to get to know you better. | 我想进一步了解你 |
[20:09] | Would you consider joining me for a drink? | 你愿意同我去小酌一杯吗 |
[20:14] | I’d love to. | 乐意之至 |
[20:15] | Ooh, would you give me a minute? | 能稍等我一分钟吗 |
[20:17] | – I’ll meet you by the car. – Of course. | -我去车上找你 -当然 |
[20:20] | 47th in the line to the throne. | 王位第47位继承人 |
[20:23] | You could be queen. | 你可能当上皇后 |
[20:23] | You could be Pippa. | 你可能成为皮帕 |
[20:25] | Then what are you waiting for! Go! Have fun! | 那你还在等什么 快去 玩得开心 |
[20:35] | Poor, poor Joy. | 可怜的小乔依啊 |