时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Hot in Cleveland is recorded in front of a live studio audience. | 《燃情克利夫兰》是在摄影棚观众前现场录制的 |
[00:11] | One month from today, I’m getting married in Paris. | 一个月后 我就要在巴黎结婚了 |
[00:14] | Why are you telling us things we already know? | 我们都知道的事 你怎么还说 |
[00:17] | Because I love saying it so much. | 因为我就是太喜欢说这件事了 |
[00:19] | And it distracts me from my little procedure today. | 顺便帮我转移下注意力 不去想今天的小手术 |
[00:21] | Joy’s getting her sixth toe removed. | 乔依今天要去切第六趾 |
[00:24] | It’s not a toe. | 不是多了根脚趾 |
[00:26] | It’s a small nub of cartilage with a half-nail. | 只是一小根长着半块指甲的软骨结节 |
[00:30] | I’m gonna miss Joy’s stumpy little claw. | 我会怀念乔依那根短粗的小爪子的 |
[00:34] | It helped me lose weight for the Oscars. | 它曾帮助我减肥去参加奥斯卡 |
[00:36] | Oh, just thinking about it killed my appetite. | 光是想想它就让我食欲全无 |
[00:39] | Well, say good-bye. | 再见了 |
[00:41] | I need my feet to look perfect | 我要让我的脚漂漂亮亮的 |
[00:42] | for my dress fitting this Friday. | 好为这周五去试婚纱做准备 |
[00:44] | Now, hand me that nail polish. | 把指甲油递给我 |
[00:46] | Just because it’s being chopped off | 就算它马上要被砍掉了 |
[00:47] | doesn’t mean it can’t be pretty. | 也不意味着它不能漂漂亮亮的 |
[00:51] | Oh, I’m so happy for Joy and Bob. | 我真为乔依和鲍勃开心 |
[00:53] | I just can’t stand the idea of her moving out. | 只是一想到她要搬走 我就受不了 |
[00:55] | It’s funny. | 说来有趣 |
[00:57] | I spent five years wishing Joy would be gone. | 五年来我都在希望乔依能搬走 |
[01:01] | And now you’re sad? | 然而现在你很难过吗 |
[01:02] | No, I’m just telling what I’ve been doing. | 不是 我只是说我一直以来都希望如此 |
[01:06] | Well, I’m sad she’s going. | 她走了 我可是挺难受的 |
[01:08] | I am gonna miss her like crazy. | 我会非常想念她的 |
[01:10] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[01:12] | This house is gonna seem so empty without her. | 没有她在 这个家显得好空虚 |
[01:15] | I know. | 我也觉得 |
[01:16] | Victoria, we can’t do this. | 维多利亚 我们不能这样 |
[01:18] | I mean, come on. | 我是说 拜托 |
[01:19] | I mean, when my daughter went off to college, | 我女儿离家去上大学的时候 |
[01:21] | I was so sad, I made everybody ten times more miserable. | 当时我很难过 搞得大家痛苦得要命 |
[01:24] | We have got to show Joy that we’re gonna be okay without her. | 我们要让乔依觉得 我们能接受她搬走 |
[01:26] | Brave faces from everybody. | 大家都坚强起来 |
[01:28] | Yeah, you’re right. | 没错 你说得对 |
[01:28] | We just need to tamp down our feelings, | 我们得克制自己的感情 |
[01:30] | and it’ll be good for us too. | 那对我们也有好处 |
[01:32] | No, I don’t like dwelling on sad things. | 我也不喜欢沉湎于悲伤之中 |
[01:34] | That’s why I got divorced so many times. | 那也正是我曾多次离婚的原因 |
[01:37] | Hey, you. | 嘿 你呀 |
[01:39] | You ready to go to the doctor’s office? | 你准备好去医生那里了吗 |
[01:40] | No, I want to wait until my mother gets here. | 没 我想等我老妈来了再走 |
[01:42] | And fair warning; she’s gonna be even meaner than usual. | 另外郑重提醒各位 她会比平时还刻薄 |
[01:45] | Her boyfriend Daniel just broke up with her. | 她男朋友丹尼尔刚把她给甩了 |
[01:47] | So you sent Bob to the airport to deal with her? | 所以你打发鲍勃去机场接她了 |
[01:50] | Well, it was either him or me, and I didn’t want to do it. | 不是他去就是我去 我肯定不愿意去啊 |
[01:54] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好 |
[01:56] | – Hi, Mom. – Hello. | -你好 老妈 -你好 |
[01:58] | Joy, I was telling Philipa I’m not just gaining a wife, | 乔依 我跟费丽帕说我不止娶到一个老婆 |
[02:01] | but a beautiful mother-in-law as well. | 还有了一位美丽的岳母 |
[02:03] | Oh, you. | 看你说的 |
[02:05] | Well, Rejoyla, | 瑞乔依娜 |
[02:06] | your future husband is not what I was expecting. | 你的未婚夫和我想的不一样 |
[02:09] | He’s not drunk or in prison. | 他竟然不是酒鬼 也没坐过牢 |
[02:13] | Philipa, why don’t I take your bags to your room | 费丽帕 我把你的行李放到你房间吧 |
[02:15] | so you can freshen up? | 你可以梳洗一下了 |
[02:16] | Oh, what a gentleman. | 真有绅士风度 |
[02:17] | Oh, Joy doesn’t deserve you. | 乔依可配不上你 |
[02:22] | Wouldn’t it have been easier for your mom | 让你妈直接到巴黎参加婚礼 |
[02:23] | to just join us in Paris for the wedding? | 难道不是更简单些吗 |
[02:25] | Yes, but my mother’s never been easy. | 是啊 不过我妈向来很难搞 |
[02:27] | So you must get it from your dad. | 那你这么”好搞”肯定是随你老爸了 |
[02:37] | I am sorry, Joy. | 我同情你 乔依 |
[02:38] | There is nothing worse than a parent showing up unannounced. | 没什么比家长不请自来更糟糕的事了 |
[02:41] | Hello, ladies. | 女士们好 |
[02:42] | Daddy. | 老爸 |
[02:44] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[02:46] | Don’t you mean, who is he doing here? | 你是说”他在这儿干谁”吗 |
[02:54] | Wait… wait a minute. | 等 等一下 |
[02:55] | You mean to say that you and Elka have been… | 你的意思是说你和爱尔卡已经… |
[02:57] | And you didn’t think to mention this? | 你之前就没想到对我们说一下这事吗 |
[03:00] | We were doing some unmentionable things. | 我们做的事就是羞于对外人说的啊 |
[03:03] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[03:05] | I’ve also been seducing Elka with my culinary skills. | 我还大秀厨艺勾引爱尔卡 |
[03:10] | Anyone else for Eggs a la Alex? | 还有谁想尝尝艾利克斯蛋蛋吗 |
[03:12] | No, thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[03:13] | Just the thought of you and Elka | 光是想想你和爱尔卡在一起的画面 |
[03:15] | has replaced Joy’s extra toe as my appetite suppressant. | 就能代替乔依的第六趾让我反胃了 |
[03:21] | Then, my darling, we shall just feast alone. | 那亲爱的 我们就独自享用吧 |
[03:24] | Mwah.Oh, I can’t wait. | 我都等不及了 |
[03:28] | I’ve gotta dump your dad. | 我要甩了你老爸 |
[03:45] | Doctor said she’d be up and on her feet by the end of the day. | 医生说她晚上就能站起来了 |
[03:47] | Oh, so she won’t need all these painkillers, right? | 那她也用不上这些止痛药了对吧 |
[03:51] | I may need some to deal with my father. | 我可能需要它们来应对我老爸 |
[03:53] | Has Elka gotten around to breaking up with him yet? | 爱尔卡已经跟他提分手了吗 |
[03:56] | Well, she was going to. | 她本来是要提的 |
[03:57] | But then she tasted his sweet-and-sour meatballs. | 但后来她尝了他做的糖醋肉丸 |
[04:03] | Can you believe our sweet little Joy is moving on? | 你敢相信我们可爱的小乔依就要搬走了吗 |
[04:05] | Oh, we have had some good times together. | 我们一起度过了许多美好时光 |
[04:08] | It is gonna be so sad walking past this empty room. | 以后路过这间空屋子会令人十分难过的 |
[04:11] | No, Victoria. | 打住 维多利亚 |
[04:13] | We swore that we would tamp down our sadness for Joy’s sake. | 我们发过誓要为乔依而克制自己的悲伤 |
[04:16] | No, you’re right. | 是啊 你说得对 |
[04:17] | We just have to act as if we’re happy that she’s leaving us. | 我们得假装好像很开心她要离开一样 |
[04:21] | Oh, hey, you. | 你好啊 |
[04:22] | Are you awake? | 你醒了吗 |
[04:24] | What are you talking about? | 你们聊什么呢 |
[04:25] | Oh, nothing. | 没什么 |
[04:26] | We were just talking about how excited we are | 我们只是在说觉得很激动 |
[04:28] | that you’re getting married. | 因为你要结婚了 |
[04:29] | Yes, and how exciting it’s gonna be | 是的 以及非常激动 |
[04:31] | to have an extra room in the house. | 这栋房子里就要空出一个房间了 |
[04:32] | Good point, Victoria. Ooh! | 说得好 维多利亚 |
[04:34] | What shall we do with this room? | 我们该如何安排这个房间呢 |
[04:36] | Well, we have talked about starting an extra shoe room. | 我们商量过再开辟一间屋子放鞋 |
[04:38] | That’s a great idea. Yes. | 真是个好主意 棒极了 |
[04:40] | See, Joy, great news for everybody. | 乔依你看 皆大欢喜的好消息 |
[04:43] | There’s our little patient. | 我们的小病号在这里呢 |
[04:46] | So how are you feeling? | 你感觉怎么样了 |
[04:48] | Good. Where have you two been? | 挺好的 你们去哪儿了 |
[04:50] | I took your mom to the import store | 我带你妈妈去进口商品店了 |
[04:52] | so she could buy you some Marmite. | 她给你买到了马麦酱 |
[04:54] | Marmite? | 马麦酱 |
[04:55] | It’s a healthful yeast by-product. | 是种有益健康的酵母副产品 |
[04:58] | Rejoyla loves it. | 瑞乔依娜很喜欢的 |
[04:59] | No, I don’t really like it. | 不 我不是很喜欢 |
[05:01] | You don’t know what you like. | 你不知道自己喜欢什么 |
[05:03] | Why are you still in bed? | 你怎么还躺在床上 |
[05:05] | Well, the procedure was just a few hours ago. | 手术才刚刚过了几个小时 |
[05:07] | The doctor said she should rest. | 医生说她需要休息 |
[05:08] | Oh, rubbish. | 胡说 |
[05:10] | When I got rid of my sixth toe, | 我除去第六趾的时候 |
[05:11] | I simply wrapped a rubber band around it | 就随便绑了个橡皮筋 |
[05:14] | until it fell off like a lamb’s tail. | 勒到它自己脱落为止 |
[05:19] | I may never eat. | 我要彻底厌食了 |
[05:21] | Why don’t we give Joy and Bob a few minutes alone? | 我们让乔依和鲍勃单独待会儿怎么样 |
[05:26] | Thank you for taking care of my mother. | 谢谢你照顾我老妈 |
[05:28] | I enjoy her. | 我喜欢和她相处 |
[05:29] | My Canadian politeness is the perfect foil | 我加国的礼仪风范和英式的飞扬跋扈 |
[05:32] | for her British imperiousness. | 简直是天作之合 |
[05:33] | We British aren’t imperious. | 我们英国人才不是飞扬跋扈呢 |
[05:35] | And I’m too Canadian to disagree. | 我太有加国风范了 竟无法反驳 |
[05:38] | Well, my advice to you is to compliment her and feed her gin, | 我建议你只需要恭维她 灌她金酒 |
[05:41] | and everything should go well. | 就一切万事大吉 |
[05:43] | Oh, I’m so happy I have you to deal with her. | 我太开心能有你去应付她了 |
[05:46] | Well, then why do you look so sad? | 那你怎么看起来很不开心呢 |
[05:48] | Melanie and Victoria don’t seem too upset that I’m moving out. | 我要搬走了 梅兰妮和维多利亚不是很难过 |
[05:52] | In fact, they seem excited to be taking over my room. | 确切地说 她们好像很兴奋能占用我的房间 |
[05:55] | Well, that’s good, Joy. | 那也不错 乔依 |
[05:56] | The last thing you want is for people to be sad. | 你最不想看到大家难过了 |
[05:58] | I suppose you’re right. | 我想你说得对 |
[06:00] | In fact, move in with me right now. | 其实 你不如现在就搬去和我住吧 |
[06:02] | Rip the Band-Aid off fast. | 索性快刀斩乱麻 |
[06:04] | You know, when I moved out of my parents’ place, | 当初我从我父母家搬走的时候 |
[06:06] | I did it swiftly so there would be no hard feelings. | 我就是很果断 所以才没那么难过 |
[06:08] | You were 34. | 你当时都34岁了 |
[06:10] | 33 1/2. Don’t make me seem like loser. | 33岁半 别把我说的那么废物 |
[06:22] | Alex, we need to talk. | 艾利克斯 我们得谈谈 |
[06:25] | One moment. | 稍等片刻 |
[06:25] | I’m gonna check on my baby backs. | 我得看看那块里脊肉 |
[06:34] | Are those hickory-smoked? | 那是烟熏里脊吗 |
[06:38] | You know your ribs. | 你很懂行啊[肋骨] |
[06:40] | Of course, it takes a great rack to know one. | 当然了 要”胸”大才能懂[颈脊肉] |
[06:43] | Now, what did you want to tell me? | 刚才你要跟我说什么来着 |
[06:45] | Oh, it can wait. | 不着急 |
[06:49] | Is it such a burden for Joy to wear the Scroggs family veil? | 让乔依披上斯克罗格家祖辈的头纱就这么难吗 |
[06:54] | Yes, it smells of camphor and lacerates the skin. | 没错 那东西一股樟脑味儿 且会划破头皮 |
[06:59] | But marriage isn’t meant to smell nice or feel good. | 但婚姻本身就不该充满香气或是感觉很愉快 |
[07:03] | Important words to hear on the verge of my wedding. | 在大婚之际听到这种至理名言真让人醍醐灌顶 |
[07:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:09] | It’s so nice to feel appreciated. | 被人赏识的感觉可真好 |
[07:13] | I think perhaps what I’m really upset about is | 我觉得或许真正令我不开心的是 |
[07:17] | that Joy hasn’t apologized to me yet. | 乔依到现在都没对我道歉 |
[07:19] | For what? | 为什么事啊 |
[07:20] | That she’s getting married in France. | 她竟然要在法国结婚 |
[07:24] | And? | 所以呢 |
[07:26] | She knows perfectly well that Daniel, my ex, | 她十分清楚 我前男友丹尼尔 |
[07:29] | broke up with me in a French restaurant. | 是在一个法国餐厅跟我分手的 |
[07:33] | Well, let me apologize for both of us and for Daniel. | 我代我们两个道个歉吧 也代丹尼尔道歉 |
[07:37] | I’m ashamed of my sex, knowing there’s a man out there | 我真为我的性别感到羞愧 竟然有一个男同胞 |
[07:40] | who gave up such a gorgeous woman. | 放弃了如此出色的一个女人 |
[07:42] | Oh, Bob. | 鲍勃呀 |
[07:45] | Something so charming about a man apologizing. | 男人道歉的时候可真有魅力 |
[07:49] | They say when you’re with a woman, | 人们常说 当你跟一个女人在一起时 |
[07:51] | you should look at her mother if you want to know what lies ahead. | 如果你想知道她将来是什么样 看看她妈就知道了 |
[07:54] | And when I look at you, | 当我看着你的时候 |
[07:56] | I see my future in your eyes. | 我在你的眼中看到了我的未来 |
[07:59] | And I like what I see. | 我喜欢我所看到的美景 |
[08:02] | You are a flatterer. | 你可真会说奉承话 |
[08:04] | Oh, it’s not flattery if it’s true. | 如果是真话 就不算奉承了 |
[08:09] | Why don’t I get us another round of these gin martinis? | 不如我再去点一轮金酒和马提尼混合的鸡尾酒吧 |
[08:13] | Oh, you’ve got an eyelash there. Let me get that. | 你这里落了根睫毛 我来帮你擦掉 |
[08:23] | So, Daddy, about you and Elka. | 爸 关于你和爱尔卡的事 |
[08:26] | Oh, she’s a real tomato. | 她真是个红润如番茄的少女 |
[08:29] | And speaking of tomatoes, | 说到番茄 |
[08:30] | I was thinking of preparing my special three-day chili for her. | 我想为她准备一道独家的”三日腌制辣椒酱”呢 |
[08:34] | Three days? | 三天啊 |
[08:36] | That’s sounds like a pretty big commitment. | 那听上去像是重大承诺呢 |
[08:38] | How long does a sandwich take? | 做个三明治要多久啊 |
[08:41] | Victoria, I was hoping to speak with–oh, hello. | 维多利亚 我刚想着要…你好啊 |
[08:45] | Hello. | 你好 |
[08:46] | Alex Chase, | 我是艾利克斯·蔡斯 |
[08:47] | Victoria’s father, Elka’s lover. | 维多利亚的父亲 爱尔卡的爱人 |
[08:49] | Philipa Scroggs, | 我是费丽帕·斯克罗格 |
[08:51] | Joy’s mother and recipient of too much information. | 乔依的母亲 以及太多信息的接收者 |
[08:55] | Nothing sweeter than the musical lilt of an English accent. | 没什么比大英帝国音乐般的口音更迷人的了 |
[08:58] | Would you like to join us for dinner? | 你想跟我们一起吃晚餐吗 |
[09:00] | I’ve got some ribs warming in the oven. | 我正在用炉子加热排骨呢 |
[09:02] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[09:02] | I prefer my meat the English way, | 我更喜欢英式的肉类烹饪方法 |
[09:04] | with the color boiled out of it. | 一直炖到肉变色 |
[09:07] | Ladies, excuse me. | 女士们 我先失陪了 |
[09:11] | Oh, I feel terrible. | 我感觉好愧疚 |
[09:12] | Oh, don’t worry about Daddy. | 别担心我爸 |
[09:13] | He takes everything as a compliment. | 他把什么话都当成赞美来听 |
[09:15] | It’s a Chase family trait. | 那是我们蔡斯家族的特色 |
[09:17] | No, not him. | 不 不是他的事 |
[09:19] | There’s something weighing on my heart, | 我的内心被某件事折磨着 |
[09:21] | and I need to tell someone. | 我需要找个人倾诉一下 |
[09:22] | Oh, of course, Philipa. | 当然可以了 费丽帕 |
[09:24] | What is it? | 是什么事 |
[09:26] | I think I’m in love Bob. | 我好像爱上鲍勃了 |
[09:34] | You’re in love with Bob, your daughter’s fianc? | 你爱上鲍勃了吗 你女儿的未婚夫吗 |
[09:37] | Oh, it’s so wrong. | 那真是太大逆不道了 |
[09:40] | I just can’t help myself. | 我就是情难自禁 |
[09:42] | All right. | 好吧 |
[09:42] | I won’t tell anyone about this and neither should you. | 我不会告诉任何人这事的 你也不能说 |
[09:45] | You just have to tamp down your feelings. | 你需要控制一下你的感情 |
[09:48] | And you can hide them by being extra nice to Joy. | 你可以通过对乔依格外好 来掩饰那份感情 |
[09:51] | “Be extra nice to Joy.” | “对乔依格外好” |
[09:54] | It’s odd on the tongue. | 说出来都觉得怪 |
[09:58] | Yes, I do owe her that much. | 没错 我的确欠她的 |
[10:00] | Oh, why is so hard to be a mother? | 为什么当妈就这么难呢 |
[10:04] | I used to ask my children’s nannies the same thing. | 我以前也问过我家孩子的保姆们同样的问题 |
[10:11] | What’s this? What’s going on? | 这是怎么了 什么情况啊 |
[10:12] | Bob packed up my stuff. | 鲍勃把我的东西都打包好了 |
[10:14] | I decided to move in with him early. | 我打算提前搬去跟他同居 |
[10:15] | What? | 什么 |
[10:16] | I mean, that’s great news. | 我是说 那真是个好消息 |
[10:18] | We just thought that you weren’t gonna do that until after the wedding. | 我们以为你要到婚后才会搬呢 |
[10:21] | I wasn’t, but why drag it out, right? | 我之前是没打算这么早搬 但何必拖着呢 |
[10:25] | So I’ll leave, | 我就先走了 |
[10:26] | and you can get started on turning my room into your shoe room. | 你们就可以着手把我的房间打造成你们的鞋屋了 |
[10:29] | That’s true. We can get started right away on the shoe room. | 没错 我们立刻就可以改造成鞋屋了 |
[10:31] | Yes, let’s get started on the shoe room. | 是啊 赶快改造成鞋屋吧 |
[10:33] | And what a lovely shoe room this will be. | 这将会是一间多么迷人的鞋屋啊 |
[10:35] | She’s gone. You can stop saying “shoe room.” | 她已经走了 你可以不用再说鞋屋了 |
[10:39] | Although, congratulations to us. | 不过 该恭喜一下我们 |
[10:41] | That was some pretty good tamping down of our feelings. | 我们真是很好地控制了自己的感情 |
[10:43] | Speaking of tamping down, | 说到控制 |
[10:44] | I’m tamping down the urge to tell you something | 我正死命地控制着告诉你某件事的欲望 |
[10:46] | I promised I wouldn’t tell anyone. | 因为我保证过不会告诉任何人的 |
[10:48] | Victoria, we’ve been friends for over 30 years. | 维多利亚 我们是30年的老朋友了 |
[10:49] | We both know how this ends. | 我们都很清楚最终结局会怎样 |
[10:50] | All right, I’ll tell you. | 好吧 我告诉你吧 |
[10:52] | Philipa has fallen in love with Bob. | 费丽帕爱上鲍勃了 |
[10:55] | What? | 什么 |
[10:56] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[10:57] | How long have you been tamping that down? | 你控制住说出来的欲望多久了 |
[10:59] | 15 whole minutes. | 都他妈15分钟了 |
[11:02] | Look, now, she’s not gonna act on this. | 听着 她不会真的去行动的 |
[11:04] | And the most important thing is that Joy never finds out. | 最重要的是 绝不能让乔依知道这事 |
[11:07] | We have to make this the happiest time of her life. | 我们必须让这次婚礼成为她一生中最幸福的时刻 |
[11:10] | Even though she doesn’t seem to care about our feelings very much. | 尽管她似乎不太在乎我们的感情 |
[11:12] | I know. | 我懂的 |
[11:13] | It’s like she cut off her sixth toe, | 就好像 她去除了第六趾 |
[11:15] | and now she can’t stop walking away. | 现在正走得离我们越来越远 |
[11:19] | Maybe that toe was where her heart was. | 或许那根脚趾 就是她的心吧 |
[11:27] | Oh, Rejoyla, a day’s bed rest has done you the world of good. | 瑞乔依娜 卧床休息一天带给你的好处可真大 |
[11:31] | You look two to three years younger. | 你看上去年轻了两三岁呢 |
[11:35] | Thank you, Mother. | 谢谢你 妈 |
[11:36] | Here, let me take that box for you, darling, put it in the car. | 来 我来帮你把盒子搬上车 亲爱的 |
[11:39] | You rest. | 你好好休息 |
[11:40] | Oh, and by the way, if you don’t want to wear the family veil, | 顺便说下 如果你不想戴祖传的头纱 |
[11:44] | that’s quite all right. | 也是没问题的 |
[11:50] | Bob, you’re amazing. | 鲍勃 你真是太赞了 |
[11:53] | I guess somebody heard I did eight push-ups at the gym today. | 看来某人听说了我今天在健身房做了8个俯卧撑啊 |
[11:58] | No. I’m talking about my mother. | 不是的 我是在说我妈 |
[12:00] | She’s never been so sweet. | 她从来没这么好过 |
[12:02] | Whatever you’re doing, keep it up. | 不管你采取了什么办法 请继续保持 |
[12:03] | In fact, double down and do more. | 实际上 你该加倍出击才行 |
[12:05] | Don’t you worry, Joy. | 别担心 乔依 |
[12:07] | Tell your mother to tighten her suspenders. | 叫你妈把吊裤带扎紧了 |
[12:08] | I’m about to charm her pants off. | 我要用魅力把她震得”裤飞心颤” |
[12:15] | You complete me. | 你让我完整了 |
[12:17] | Really? | 是吗 |
[12:19] | Sorry. I was talking to the ribs. | 不好意思 我是在跟这排骨说话呢 |
[12:23] | Fair enough. | 好吧 |
[12:28] | Look, Alex, this isn’t gonna work. | 听着 艾利克斯 我们不可能成的 |
[12:32] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[12:33] | It was inevitable, I suppose. | 我想这也是难免的吧 |
[12:36] | But it was a wild ride, you and me. | 但你和我 经历了惊险刺激的一段旅程 |
[12:39] | Me hanging onto to bronc, waiting for that bell to ring. | 我悬挂在野马上 等待着铃声的响起 |
[12:42] | And my lasso, she could only keep you tied up so long. | 我的套索 套得了你一时也套不了你一世 |
[12:49] | Elka? | 爱尔卡 |
[12:51] | Elka? | 爱尔卡 |
[12:53] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:55] | Meat coma. | 吃多了犯困 |
[12:59] | Well, an actor knows when it’s time to make a solitary exit. | 身为一个演员 我知道何时该独自退场了 |
[13:04] | I’ll never find another woman like you, Elka. | 我永远都找不到像你这样的女人了 爱尔卡 |
[13:07] | That’s true. | 没错 |
[13:09] | On the other hand, what do you think of Philipa? | 话说回来 你觉得费丽帕怎么样 |
[13:15] | Oh, my God, Bob. | 天啊 鲍勃 |
[13:17] | I haven’t moved out my stuff, | 我还没把我的东西搬出来 |
[13:18] | and they’ve already turned it into their shoe room. | 他们就已经把我的房间改造成鞋屋了 |
[13:20] | They’re not sad I’m leaving at all. | 我要走了 她们一点都不伤心 |
[13:22] | Maybe they’re just jealous that you’re marrying me. | 或许她们是嫉妒你要嫁给我了吧 |
[13:25] | Oh, Bob. | 鲍勃 |
[13:27] | That’s what I love about you. | 我就爱你这点 |
[13:28] | You always make me laugh. | 你总是能逗我开心 |
[13:31] | Right. | 好吧 |
[13:33] | So how’s it going with my mum? | 我妈怎么样 |
[13:35] | She’s not here yet. | 她还没到呢 |
[13:36] | Well, find out how long she’s staying. | 调查清楚她打算待多久 |
[13:38] | If it’s gonna be more than a week, | 如果超过一星期 |
[13:39] | see if you can entice her into going to a hotel. | 看你能不能说服她去住宾馆 |
[13:41] | I’ll do my best. | 我会尽力的 |
[13:43] | Oh, here she is. Wish me luck. | 她来了 祝我好运吧 |
[13:45] | Philipa, a vision as always. | 费丽帕 你还是那么美 |
[13:48] | Thank you for joining me for lunch. | 谢谢你来跟我一起吃午餐 |
[13:50] | I won’t be staying long. | 我不会待太久的 |
[13:52] | Well, then I will cherish the moments that we do have together. | 那我会好好珍惜我们相聚的短暂时光的 |
[13:55] | In fact, I was wondering, | 实际上 我想知道 |
[13:56] | how much more time will we have you here in Cleveland? | 你打算在克利夫兰待多长时间呢 |
[13:59] | Till the wedding, of course. | 一直到婚礼举办日啊 当然了 |
[14:01] | No. | 不是吧 |
[14:02] | Only four more brief weeks? | 只待”短短的”四周了吗 |
[14:06] | Well, then I’m gonna suggest something old and unconventional. | 我有个建议 可能比较不符合传统 |
[14:10] | How would you feel about checking into a hotel? | 你觉得去宾馆开个房怎么样 |
[14:15] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:17] | A hotel? | 宾馆 |
[14:20] | I think it might make everything easier. | 我觉得那样或许一切都 简单一点 |
[14:24] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[14:26] | Are you saying what I think you’re saying? | 你是在表达我想的那个意思吗 |
[14:29] | I’m saying I want to see you in the best hotel room in town. | 我的意思是 我希望看你住进全市最好的酒店 |
[14:33] | Room service, champagne, | 客房服务 香槟 |
[14:35] | whatever your heart desires. | 你内心所渴求的一切东西都有 |
[14:38] | What about Joy? | 那乔依怎么办 |
[14:39] | Oh, she’ll be a little sad at first. | 她一开始肯定会有点伤心的 |
[14:41] | But I’m sure she’ll come around to accepting it. | 但我相信她最终会想通并接受的 |
[14:44] | More than anything, she wants you to be happy, as do I. | 她最大的愿望就是你能开心 我也一样 |
[14:48] | This is all so overwhelming. | 这也太令人喜出望外了 |
[14:50] | I felt foolish having feelings for you. | 我因为对你有感觉 觉得自己像个傻瓜 |
[14:54] | Feelings? | 感觉 |
[14:57] | Now I know that you share those feelings, | 现在我明白你也对我有同样的感觉 |
[14:59] | I’m over the moon. | 我真是太开心了 |
[15:01] | But… | 但是 |
[15:03] | It will be difficult dealing with Rejoyla. | 要应对瑞乔依娜肯定会很艰难的 |
[15:05] | But let’s not worry about that now. | 但我们现在先别担心那个 |
[15:09] | Oh, Bob, you make me feel so alive. | 鲍勃 你让我觉得充满了活力 |
[15:14] | I’m going to pick up something disgraceful | 我要去选一些令人羞羞的东西 |
[15:16] | at Victoria’s Secret. | 比如维秘内衣 |
[15:33] | Joy, do you need any help in there? | 乔依 你需要帮助吗 |
[15:35] | No, no. I can do it myself. | 不 不用 我自己可以搞定的 |
[15:37] | By herself. | 她自己搞定 |
[15:39] | Well, I guess she doesn’t need us at all anymore. | 看来她已经不再需要我们了 |
[15:41] | No, no. Tamp, tamp. | 别 别 控制一下 |
[15:43] | We can feel those feelings but we can’t say them. | 我们可以有这种感觉 但绝对不能说出来 |
[15:45] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[15:52] | You look beautiful. | 你看上去好美啊 |
[15:55] | I hate you. | 我好恨你 |
[15:58] | What? | 什么 |
[15:59] | I couldn’t hold it in anymore. | 我再也克制不住了 |
[16:00] | You didn’t hold it in at all! | 你根本就没有克制啊 |
[16:02] | And I hate you too. | 我也好恨你 |
[16:04] | Why? | 为什么啊 |
[16:05] | Because you’re leaving us, and you don’t care. | 因为你要离开我们了 你却一点都不在意 |
[16:08] | I don’t care? | 我不在意 |
[16:09] | You’re the ones who don’t care. | 是你们不在意吧 |
[16:10] | You couldn’t wait for me to go | 你们巴不得我早点走 |
[16:11] | to make more room for your shoes. | 好为你们的鞋子腾出空间 |
[16:13] | I hate both of you. | 我恨你们两个 |
[16:14] | But we only acted like that | 但我们那完全是装出来的 |
[16:15] | because you were acting like you couldn’t care less. | 因为你搞得好像你一点都不在意 |
[16:17] | I was tamping down my feelings for your sake. | 我是为了你们在控制自己的感情 |
[16:20] | We were tamping down our feelings for your sake. | 我们也是为了你在控制住我们的感情 |
[16:23] | We don’t hate you. We love you. | 我们不恨你 我们爱你 |
[16:24] | And you look so beautiful in your dress. | 你穿着婚纱好美啊 |
[16:27] | I love you too. | 我也爱你们 |
[16:32] | Oh, there’s your phone. | 你的手机响了 |
[16:33] | It’s your phone. Get it. | 是你的手机 快接 |
[16:36] | Oh, it’s my mother. | 是我妈发来的 |
[16:38] | “On my way over. | “我这就过来 |
[16:40] | Have something awkward to discuss.” | 有点尴尬的事要跟你商量下” |
[16:42] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[16:43] | That’s British for “I’m about to ruin your life.” | 那是英国人在表达”我要毁了你的人生”的意思 |
[16:47] | Wait, what if she’s sick? | 等等 万一她病了怎么办 |
[16:49] | I can’t stand her, | 我虽然受不了她 |
[16:51] | but I don’t want something bad to happen to her. | 但我也不希望她有什么不测 |
[16:53] | She’s in love with Bob. | 她爱上鲍勃了 |
[16:54] | I’ll kill the bitch. | 我要杀了那个贱人 |
[16:57] | Rejoyla, prepare yourself. | 瑞乔依娜 准备一下 |
[17:00] | I’m going to make a scene. | 我要大闹一场了 |
[17:04] | Oh, my goodness. | 天啊 |
[17:06] | Oh, you look stunning. | 你看上去美呆了 |
[17:09] | You’re the most beautiful bride I’ve ever seen. | 你是我见过的最美的新娘 |
[17:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:13] | That’s a very sweet thing to say. | 你这么说真的很贴心 |
[17:15] | But I believe you came here to tell me something. | 但我相信你来这里是要告诉我什么事的吧 |
[17:19] | Yes, I did. | 是的 没错 |
[17:21] | But looking at you now, | 但是现在看着你 |
[17:23] | I realize what I wanted to say is… | 我意识到我想说的其实是 |
[17:26] | I’m a silly old fool. | 我真是个老傻瓜 |
[17:29] | What are you talking about? | 你在说些什么呢 |
[17:30] | Oh, I’ve been in a bad place ever since Daniel broke up with me. | 自丹尼尔跟我分手后 我状态一直不好 |
[17:34] | I’ve been lonely and vulnerable, | 我一直很孤单 脆弱 |
[17:36] | and it’s led me to some very peculiar behavior. | 那让我有了一些十分罕见的行为 |
[17:41] | Joy, are you in there? | 乔依 你在里面吗 |
[17:42] | Bob, you can’t come in here. | 鲍勃 你不能进来 |
[17:43] | You can’t see the dress. | 你不能看到我的婚纱 |
[17:44] | I’ll cover my eyes. | 我把眼睛捂上 |
[17:47] | Joy, I need to talk to you before your mother gets here. | 乔依 我必须在你妈赶到前跟你谈谈 |
[17:50] | Hello, Bob. | 你好 鲍勃 |
[17:54] | Joy, what did she say to you? | 乔依 她对你说了些什么 |
[17:55] | I didn’t say anything to her. | 我什么都没对她说 |
[17:57] | But I want to say something to you, Bob. | 但我有些话要告诉你 鲍勃 |
[18:00] | You shouldn’t love any woman but Joy. | 你不该爱除乔依外的任何女人 |
[18:03] | She’s strong and brave, and you’re lucky to marry her. | 她坚强而勇敢 能娶到她是你的福气 |
[18:07] | And if you say or do anything to hurt her, | 如果你说了什么或做了什么伤害了她 |
[18:09] | I’ll rip off your head and spit down the hole. | 我就拧掉你的脑袋 对着血窟窿里吐痰 |
[18:20] | I love Joy. | 我爱乔依 |
[18:21] | I’ll never do anything to hurt her. | 我绝不会做任何伤害她的事 |
[18:23] | See that you don’t. | 可千万别啊 |
[18:26] | Good-bye, Bob. | 再见了 鲍勃 |
[18:30] | So, Joy, how much do you know? | 乔依 你知道多少了 |
[18:33] | I know that my mother fell in love with you | 我知道我妈爱上你了 |
[18:35] | because I made you be extra nice to her. | 因为我让你对她格外得好 |
[18:37] | And nobody can resist your charms when you’re turning them on. | 一旦你施展魅力 没人能抵挡得了 |
[18:40] | Well, that was easy. | 那倒是很容易 |
[18:42] | I didn’t think I’d get out of here without a bunch of yelling. | 我刚刚觉得我的到来肯定要引发激情大叫的 |
[18:46] | Ah, there it is. | 瞧我猜得多准 |
[18:57] | I am so glad you decided not to move out until after the wedding. | 我好高兴你还是打算等到办完婚礼再搬走 |
[19:00] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[19:02] | Now, we can do this the right in slow, painful stages. | 我们要用正确的方式经历这一过程 痛苦而缓慢 |
[19:07] | I’m really gonna miss coming in here and just sitting with you. | 我一定会很怀念走进这里跟你坐在一起的日子 |
[19:10] | This room does have a lot of memories. | 这个房间里的确留下了很多的回忆 |
[19:13] | Especially that bed. | 尤其是那张床 |
[19:16] | That’s why I’m not sitting on it. | 所以我才不要坐在那张床上 |
[19:21] | And we have decided to keep your room just as it is. | 我们决定把你的房间保持原样 |
[19:23] | You can come back and visit anytime. | 你随时都可以回来小住一下 |
[19:27] | Thank you for a lovely visit, Rejoyla. | 谢谢你的热情招待 瑞乔依娜 |
[19:30] | I’m returning to London now, | 我打算这就回伦敦了 |
[19:31] | but I shall see you in Paris on the big day. | 我们等到你的大喜之日在巴黎再见了 |
[19:34] | You’re leaving so soon? | 你这么快就走吗 |
[19:36] | Can I at least give you a lift to the airport? | 要不我开车送你去机场吧 |
[19:37] | She has one. | 她已经有司机了 |
[19:40] | Daddy, that is so sweet. | 爸爸 你可真贴心 |
[19:42] | Philipa has promised to give me a culinary tour of Britain. | 费丽帕已经保证了要带我尝遍英国的美食 |
[19:45] | That should only take an hour. | 那应该只需要一小时就够了 |
[19:47] | Giving us plenty of time for–how shall I put this? | 那让我们有充足的时间去…我该怎么说呢 |
[19:50] | Sex. | 做爱 |
[19:52] | Let’s go before I change my mind. | 趁我没改变主意赶紧走 |
[19:55] | Rejoyla. | 瑞乔依娜 |
[19:56] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[19:59] | He’s boorish, and uncouth, | 他很粗野 又呆笨 |
[20:01] | and I just might do him on the plane. | 我可能在飞机上就要跟他打一炮 |
[20:08] | I guess that worked out. | 看来结局是皆大欢喜呀 |
[20:12] | So my mom is gonna sleep with your dad. | 我妈要跟你爸上床了 |
[20:15] | Come to think of it, he also slept with my mom. | 仔细想想 他还跟我妈睡过 |
[20:18] | And me. | 以及我 |
[20:20] | And Joy and I both slept with Bob. | 乔依和我都跟鲍勃睡过 |
[20:22] | And you and I both slept with Captain Lebeau from the ship. | 你和我都跟那艘船上的勒邦船长睡过 |
[20:24] | And Melanie and I both slept with Kyle | 梅兰妮和我都跟凯尔睡过 |
[20:26] | the guy who left me at the altar. | 就是把我抛弃在婚礼礼堂上的那个男人 |
[20:28] | And we both slept with Mitch. | 我们还都跟米奇睡过 |
[20:29] | And we all slept with Sinatra. | 而且我们都跟辛纳屈睡过 |
[20:33] | Oh, wait, | 不 等等 |
[20:34] | that was just me. | 就我一个人跟他睡过 |