时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | I didn’t sleep well last night, and I woke up with a scratchy throat. | 我昨晚没睡好 醒来之后嗓子很疼 |
[00:08] | I just don’t feel so good. Uh, cough. | 我就是不太舒服 咳嗽 |
[00:13] | I have a bit of an upset stomach too, and I think I’m running a fever. | 我的胃也不太舒服 我觉得我发烧了 |
[00:19] | I’m just worried I might be contagious. | 我怕这个会传染 |
[00:24] | Inventory. Tomorrow. I’m-Yeah, | 明天的总结报告 是的 |
[00:26] | I’m sure I’ll be feeling better by then. | 我肯定我明天会好一点 |
[00:30] | Thanks, Mr. Innabe. | 谢谢 伊纳比先生 |
[00:34] | I cannot believe you just did that. | 真不敢相信你竟然撒谎 |
[00:38] | I really do have a cough. | 我确实咳嗽了 |
[00:41] | Oh. So you weren’t lying. | 这么说你没说谎喽 |
[00:43] | You’d be curled up in bed with a bowl of chicken soup- | 你宁愿乖乖躺在床上喝鸡汤 |
[00:48] | even if you didn’t have a horny girl in your bed? | 即使你床上有个饥渴难耐的姑娘 |
[00:50] | Yes. Because I really do- Hey. | 是啊 因为我确实 |
[00:54] | – I really do have a cough. – You also have a little rash. | -我确实咳嗽 -你还起疹子了 |
[00:59] | Um, I’m not sure we should be kissing. | 我们不该接吻吧 会传染 |
[01:05] | Oh. It’s okay. Because I have almost no interest in kissing you. | 没关系 反正我对光吻你也没兴趣 |
[01:09] | – Perfect. – Good. | -很好 -好 |
[01:19] | Oh, baby. | 宝贝 |
[01:52] | Oh, Brandon. | 布兰登 |
[01:57] | Brandon. | 布兰登 |
[02:03] | I know I’m good, but come on. | 我知道我超棒 快起来啦 |
[02:08] | Brandon? | 布兰登 |
[02:12] | Brandon. Brandon. Brandon. | 布兰登 布兰登 布兰登 |
[02:15] | Brandon.! Brandon.! | 布兰登 布兰登 |
[02:52] | Any additional R.N. to surgical. | 请空闲的护士到外科门诊 |
[02:55] | Any additional R.N. to surgical. | 请空闲的护士到外科门诊 |
[03:12] | Why do you want me to treat this guy? | 你为什么要我去给他看病 |
[03:14] | Blood pressure’s not responding to I.V. fluids. | 血压对静脉推注没有反应 |
[03:16] | No, no. I didn’t ask how you plan to con me into treating him. | 不 我没问你打算怎么骗我上钩去治他 |
[03:19] | I asked you why you want me to treat him. | 我是问为什么是你 想要我给他治病 |
[03:21] | He’s sick. I care. I’m pathetic. | 我动了恻隐之心 我真可悲啊 |
[03:24] | There are about a billion sick people on the planet. Why this one? | 全世界生病的人多了去了 为什么偏偏治他 |
[03:27] | Because this one’s in our emergency room. | 因为他在我们的急诊室里 |
[03:29] | Ah, so it’s a proximity issue. | 所以是就近原则喽 |
[03:31] | If somebody was sick in the third-floor stairwell, | 要是有人在三层的楼梯间病倒了 |
[03:33] | that’s who’d we be talking about. | 根据就近原则我该先给他看病 |
[03:34] | Yes. I checked the stairwell. It’s clear. | 是的 我去楼梯间看过了 没人 |
[03:37] | Okay, then. Emergency room guy it is. | 好吧 那就急诊室的这位吧 |
[03:40] | – Wait. Why was that so easy? – You know why. | -等等 这次怎么这么容易 -你懂的 |
[03:45] | – Blood pressure’s not responding to I.V. fluids? – Yeah. | -因为血压对静脉推注没反应吗 -是啊 |
[03:50] | That’s just weird. | 这太诡异了 |
[03:54] | C.B.C. was unremarkable. | 和某电视台一样 血细胞计数没看点 |
[03:57] | Abdominal C.T. scan didn’t show anything. | 腹部电脑断层扫描没有异常 |
[03:57] | So, people, differential diagnosis. What’s wrong with her? | 同学们 鉴别诊断 她什么病 |
[04:00] | – Him. – Him. Her. Does it matter? | -是他 -他 她 有关系吗 |
[04:02] | Does anyone think it’s a testicular problem? No. | 有人觉得是睾丸问题吗 没有吧 |
[04:06] | So, Chase? | 奇斯 |
[04:06] | – Yersinia infection? – No. You wouldn’t get the rash or cough. | -耶尔森氏菌感染 -不 那不会咳嗽或出疹 |
[04:09] | What about arthritis? Accompanying vasculitis causes nerve damage- | 是不是关节炎 并发脉管炎导致神经损伤 |
[04:13] | No. It wouldn’t cause the blood pressure problems. Allergy? | 不 那不会导致血压问题 过敏症吗 |
[04:15] | The kid’s got abdominal pain. | 那孩子有腹痛 |
[04:17] | – Maybe carcinoid? – No. But then you wouldn’t get the- | -可能是良性肿瘤 -不 那不会出现 |
[04:19] | Foreman, if you’re going to list all the things it’s not, | 福曼 你要是想把不符合的疾病全列出来 |
[04:22] | it might be quicker to do it alphabetically. | 按字母顺序来会比较快 |
[04:24] | Let’s see, now. “Absidia.” Excellent. | 来看看 犁头霉属 很好 |
[04:26] | Doesn’t account for any of the symptoms. | 以上症状都不包括 |
[04:29] | – No condition accounts for all these symptoms. – Oh, good. | -没有疾病包括全部这些症状 -太好了 |
[04:32] | Because I thought maybe he was sick. | 我还以为他生病了呢 |
[04:33] | But, apparently, he’s not. | 现在看来 他健康的很 |
[04:35] | Who wants to do up the discharge papers? | 谁自愿去帮他办理出院手续 |
[04:39] | Okay. Unless we control the blood pressure, | 好吧 除非我们控制住血压 |
[04:42] | he’s gonna start circling the drain before we can | 不然在我们得出结论之前 |
[04:44] | figure out what’s wrong with him. | 他就生命垂危了 |
[04:46] | Treat him for sepsis, broad-spectrum antibiotics, | 按败血症来治疗 用广谱抗生素 |
[04:48] | and I want a cort-stim test and an echocardiogram. | 做一个皮质醇过量测试和心脏超音波 |
[04:57] | – You all right? – Yeah. | -你没事吧 -没事 |
[05:00] | The Cort-stim test will tell us | 皮质醇过量测试可以显示 |
[05:02] | if your pituitary and adrenal glands are working properly. | 你的脑垂体和肾上腺是否正常 |
[05:04] | His glands? What does that mean? | 他的腺体 那什么意思 |
[05:06] | We have a few theories we’re working on. | 我们在根据得出的一些理论研究病情 |
[05:08] | – You mean you don’t know. – Mindy. | -意思是说你不知道什么病 -敏蒂 |
[05:10] | I’m just saying, if they knew they wouldn’t be testing you, | 如果他们知道的话就不会给你做测试 |
[05:12] | they’d be treating you. | 而是治疗你 |
[05:13] | Yeah, well, that’s the way it works. | 是啊 可过程就是这样 |
[05:15] | First we find out what it is, then we get you better. | 我们先诊断出病因 然后对症下药 |
[05:27] | – You’re half an hour late. – Busy caseload. | -你迟到了半小时 -手头病例太多了 |
[05:30] | One case is not a load. | 就一个病例算不上多 |
[05:32] | So how are we doing on cotton swabs today? | 今天的棉棒够用吗 |
[05:34] | If there’s an acute shortage, I could run home- | 如果不够的话 我可以跑回家去 |
[05:36] | – No, you couldn’t. – Nice. | -看来你”跑”不了 -很好 |
[05:45] | Hello, sick people and their loved ones. | 患者以及其亲朋好友 你们好 |
[05:48] | In the interest of saving time and avoiding a lot of boring chitchat later, | 为了节省时间 还有避免大量无聊的闲谈 |
[05:51] | I’m Dr.Gregory House. | 我是格利高里·豪斯医生 |
[05:52] | You can call me Greg. | 你们可以叫我格雷戈 |
[05:54] | I’m one of three doctors staffing this clinic this morning. | 我是今早在门诊出诊的三个医生之一 |
[05:57] | Short. Sweet. Grab a file. | 简洁 可爱 拿个病例走人 |
[05:58] | This ray of sunshine is Dr.Lisa Cuddy. | 这位就是总能温暖人心的丽莎·卡迪医生 |
[06:01] | Dr.Cuddy runs this whole hospital, | 卡迪医生是这间医院的院长 |
[06:02] | so, unfortunately, she’s much too busy to deal with you. | 所以很不幸 她没时间给你们看病 |
[06:04] | I am a board-certified diagnostician, | 我是个经过认证的诊断师 |
[06:08] | with a double specialty of infectious disease and nephrology. | 专业是传染病学和肾脏学 |
[06:11] | I’m also the only doctor currently employed at this clinic | 我也是整个门诊部门目前值班的医生中 |
[06:13] | who is forced to be here against his will. | 唯一一个被逼出诊的 |
[06:15] | That is true, isn’t it? But not to worry. | 这是实话 对吧 不过别担心 |
[06:17] | Because for most of you, | 对你们大多数人的病情来说 |
[06:18] | this job could be done by a monkey with a bottle of Motrin. | 这工作简单到猴子拿瓶布洛芬就能解决了 |
[06:21] | Speaking of which, if you’re particularly annoying, | 说到这儿 如果你是特别烦人的病人 |
[06:24] | you may see me reach for this. | 你会看到我吃这个东西 |
[06:25] | This is Vicodin. It’s mine. You can’t have any. | 这是维科丁 是我的 你们吃不到 |
[06:29] | And, no, I do not have a pain management problem. I have a pain problem. | 我没有什么疼痛处理障碍 我就是疼而已 |
[06:33] | But who knows? Maybe I’m wrong. | 谁知道呢 也许我错了 |
[06:35] | Maybe I’m too stoned to tell. | 也许我浑浑噩噩的所以分不清了 |
[06:37] | So, who wants me? | 那好 谁要我看病 |
[06:44] | And who would rather wait for one of the other two guys? | 谁宁愿等另外那两个医生来 |
[06:48] | Okay. Well, I’ll be in exam room one | 很好 如果你们改变主意 |
[06:51] | if you change your mind. | 去1号门诊室找我 |
[06:55] | Jodi Matthews? | 乔迪·马修斯 |
[06:57] | Please accompany Dr.House to Exam Room One. | 请和豪斯医生去1号门诊室 |
[07:06] | Dr.Chase. | 奇斯医生 |
[07:08] | I’m not sure scaring your boyfriend | 我认为目前来说 |
[07:10] | is the best medicine for him right now. | 吓唬你男友对他的病情没有帮助 |
[07:12] | I know. I get stupid when I’m scared. | 我知道 我害怕的时候就会变得笨笨的 |
[07:15] | Don’t go rock climbing. | 那千万别去攀岩 |
[07:16] | Look, I was wondering. Before this happened, we were having sex. | 我想问问你 他病发之前 我们在做爱 |
[07:22] | What? You’re wondering if whatever he has, you might’ve gotten it? | 怎么了 你想知道你是不是被他传染了 |
[07:26] | It-It’s unlikely. We ran a complete S.T.D. panel, so- | 没事的 我们做了全面的性传播疾病检测 |
[07:29] | No. I’m wondering if maybe I did this to him. | 不是 我想知道这是不是因我而起 |
[07:33] | I was kind of rough. | 我当时有点粗暴 |
[07:41] | – It was yellow. – It was? | -之前是黄色的 -之前 |
[07:45] | – It’s not anymore. – Well, that’s a shame. | -现在不是了 -那真遗憾 |
[07:48] | I thought that might be a problem, so I brought you this. | 我想这么说你不太懂 所以我带了这个来 |
[07:56] | Your mucus was “pale goldenrod.” | 你的黏液是 浅金黄色 |
[08:00] | – Last week, yes. Should I be worried? – Oh, yes. Very. | -上周是这情况 严重吗 -非常之严重 |
[08:04] | Really? I thought it was okay now. | 是吗 我觉得现在已经没事了 |
[08:08] | And yet, here you are. What happened? | 可你来医院了 怎么回事 |
[08:10] | Paramedics took a week to respond to your 911 call? | 医护人员花了一周来回复你的急救电话吗 |
[08:13] | You’re not a very nice doctor, are you? | 你不算是个友善的医生 对吧 |
[08:16] | And you are very bad at whatever it is you do. | 而你呢 成事不足败事有余 |
[08:19] | – You don’t even know me. – I know you’re gonna get fired. | -你根本不认识我 -我知道你要被炒了 |
[08:22] | That’s why you got the new glasses. | 所以你才买了新眼镜 |
[08:24] | That’s why your teeth are sparkly white. | 而且做了牙齿漂白 |
[08:26] | You’re getting the most of your health insurance while you still can. | 失业之前你在最大限度地利用医疗保险 |
[08:31] | I might be quitting. | 可能是我辞职呢 |
[08:33] | If you were quitting, you’d have known that last week | 如果是你辞职 一周之前你就会注意到 |
[08:35] | when your snot was still pale goldenrod. You’re getting fired. | 你的鼻涕是浅金黄色 你要被炒了 |
[08:39] | I just don’t like being told what to do. | 我只是讨厌被呼来唤去的 |
[08:46] | I can get you in for a full body scan later this week. | 过几天我可以给你安排做一个全身检查 |
[08:49] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[08:54] | It’s got to be viral. We should start running gels and titers. | 肯定是病毒 我们应该做凝胶和滴度的检验 |
[08:57] | Maybe we should look into the girlfriend’s theory. | 也许我们该研究一下他女朋友的理论 |
[08:59] | She thinks she rode him to death. | 她觉得是她把他”做”出毛病的 |
[09:01] | What’d you tell her? | 你怎么说的 |
[09:05] | I told her 22-year-old men don’t die of sex. | 我说一个22岁的男性不会死于性爱 |
[09:07] | – What’d you ask her? – What do you mean? | -你问她什么了 -你什么意思 |
[09:09] | I mean, I hope you got some specifics on exactly what was going on. | 我希望你有好好了解一下具体情况 |
[09:12] | If the girl thinks it could kill you, | 如果那女孩觉得男性会死于性爱 |
[09:16] | it’s worth knowing about. | 那你绝对有备案的必要 |
[09:20] | Have you ever taken a life? | 那你曾经”杀”过人吗 |
[09:31] | We should stop the antibiotics. | 我们得停止使用抗生素了 |
[09:33] | It’s too soon to say they’re not having an effect. | 现在断定它们不起作用为时过早 |
[09:35] | They’re having an effect. | 已经起作用了 |
[09:39] | His B.P.’s falling fast. There’s fluid filling his lungs. | 他血压急降 肺部有积液 |
[09:43] | His creatinine is rising. | 他的肌氨酸酐在上升 |
[09:51] | His kidneys are shutting down. | 他的肾功能正在衰竭 |
[09:54] | Our treatment isn’t making him better. It’s killing him. | 我们的治疗没有让他好转 是要他的命 |
[10:02] | So, we had six symptoms that didn’t add up to anything. | 这么说 我们有6个毫无意义的症状 |
[10:05] | Now we got seven. Who’s excited? | 现在出现了第7个 有人激动不 |
[10:07] | I don’t think it complicates things. | 我认为它没有使问题复杂化 |
[10:09] | The kidney failure was caused by the antibiotics. | 肾衰竭是由抗生素引起的 |
[10:11] | – Maybe. – Typically, low blood pressure | -可能 -通常来说 低血压 |
[10:13] | and abdominal pain means an infection. | 和腹痛说明是感染 |
[10:16] | An abdominal infection causes sepsis, low blood pressure. | 腹腔感染导致败血症 低血压 |
[10:18] | Except we checked for abdominal infections. | 不过我们已经测试过腹腔感染 |
[10:22] | I know. But what if it’s the other way around? | 我知道 不过如果顺序颠倒一下呢 |
[10:23] | What if the low blood pressure’s causing the abdominal pain? | 如果是低血压造成腹痛呢 |
[10:26] | Viral heart infection. | 病毒性心脏感染 |
[10:27] | The intestines aren’t getting enough blood, and the result is belly pain. | 肠道得不到足够血液 导致了腹部疼痛 |
[10:30] | I know it’s not the standard presentation. | 我知道这套说法站不住脚 |
[10:32] | It’s a 10 million-to-1 shot. | 这只有千万分之一的可能性 |
[10:34] | I thought that’s what we dealt with here. | 所以才要我们来解决 |
[10:37] | It explains the cardiomyopathy, the pain, the low B.P., the fever. | 这能解释心肌病 疼痛 低血压和发烧 |
[10:45] | You read the book. Impressive. | 你真的读那本书了 不错啊 |
[10:49] | It’s a ludicrously long shot that explains every one of those symptoms | 这理论荒唐且冒险 解释了所有症状 |
[10:53] | except for the cough and the rash. | 除了咳嗽和皮疹 |
[10:54] | Should we just erase those? | 咱们是不是该擦掉那两个 |
[10:56] | Well, anything can cause a rash. | 任何东西都能引起皮疹 |
[11:00] | Okay. Cardiac infection. | 好吧 心脏传染病 |
[11:05] | Cameron, you thought allergy. | 卡梅隆 你认为是过敏症 |
[11:09] | Chase, what was it you thought? Carcinoid? | 奇斯 你怎么想的来着 良性肿瘤 |
[11:12] | Then there’s hypothyroidism. | 还有甲状腺机能减退 |
[11:16] | Could be parasites. | 可能是寄生虫 |
[11:21] | Finally, sinus infection. | 最后是鼻窦感染 |
[11:24] | If you’re gonna list all the things it can be, you’re gonna need more colors. | 你要是打算标上所有可能的 颜色不够 |
[11:29] | Cameron was right. | 卡梅隆是对的 |
[11:30] | No condition explains all these symptoms. | 没有任何一种情况可以解释全部症状 |
[11:34] | But orange and green covers everything. | 但是橙色和绿色一起 涵盖全部 |
[11:37] | Orange and green? | 橙色和绿色吗 |
[11:38] | Two conditions contracted simultaneously? | 两种疾病同时存在吗 |
[11:42] | Occam’s Razor. The simplest explanation is always the best. | 奥坎简化律 最简单的解释是最好的 |
[11:45] | And you think one is simpler than two? | 你觉得一个比两个简单 |
[11:47] | Pretty sure it is, yeah. | 相当确定 |
[11:50] | Baby shows up. | 那小孩出生来说 |
[11:51] | Chase tells you that two people exchanged fluids to create this being. | 奇斯说是两个人交换体液的结果 |
[11:55] | I tell you that one stork dropped the little tyke off in a diaper. | 我说是仙鹤把小孩扔到尿布里的 |
[11:58] | Are you gonna go with the two or the one? | 你相信哪一个 |
[11:59] | – I think your argument is specious. – I think your tie is ugly. | -你强词夺理 -你的领带难看 |
[12:02] | Why is one simpler than two? | 为什么认为一个比两个简单 |
[12:05] | It’s lower, lonelier. Is it simpler? | 更低等 更单一 就更简单吗 |
[12:08] | Each one of these conditions is about a thousand-to-one shot. | 任何一个病症都是约千分之一的概率 |
[12:11] | That means that any two of them happening at the same time is a million-to-one shot. | 意味着任何两个同时发生的概率是十万分之一 |
[12:14] | Chase says the cardiac infection is a 10 million-to-1 shot, | 奇斯提出的心脏感染概率是百万分之一 |
[12:17] | which makes my idea 10 times better than yours. | 所以我的提议比你们的好十倍 |
[12:20] | Get a calculator. Run the numbers. | 找个计算器 好好算算 |
[12:23] | – We’ll run the tests. – Tests take time. | -我们会做检查 -检查太耗时间 |
[12:24] | Treatment’s quicker. Start the kid on Unasyn for the sinus infection, | 治疗更快 给他用优立新针对鼻窦感染 |
[12:28] | – and… what was orange? – Hypothyroidism. | -橙色是什么来着 -甲状腺机能衰退 |
[12:33] | My uncle has hypothyroidism. | 我叔叔也有甲状腺机能衰退 |
[12:35] | Not like this. | 不太一样 |
[12:36] | Intravenous Levothyroxin is an artificial thyroid medication | 静注左甲状腺素是合成甲状腺药物 |
[12:40] | that should take care of it. | 针对此症 |
[12:41] | Also, the nurses are going to start you on Unasyn. | 同时 护士会开始用优立新 |
[12:43] | It’s a more targeted antibiotic. | 是一种更有针对性的抗生素 |
[12:45] | – For the sinus infection? – Yes. | -针对鼻窦感染吗 -是 |
[12:46] | – And the other stuff is for something else entirely. – Bad luck, huh? | -两者完全不同 -很倒霉吧 |
[12:49] | Don’t worry. He should be back to ditching work in no time. | 别担心 他很快就能继续干活了 |
[12:54] | Brandon? | 布兰登 |
[12:59] | Hey, Mom. | 妈妈 |
[13:03] | We’re his parents. How’s he doing? | 我们是他的父母 他怎样了 |
[13:05] | Um, Brandon is- | 布兰登是 |
[13:08] | Uh, Mom. Dad This is Mindy. | 妈 爸 这是敏蒂 |
[13:13] | I was gonna bring her home for Christmas. Um, we’re engaged. | 我原打算圣诞节带她回家 我们订婚了 |
[13:28] | Dr. Hall to the recovery room. Dr. Hall- | 霍尔医生请到术后特别病房 霍尔医生 |
[13:32] | Did you tell the family House’s theory? | 你和家属说了豪斯的理论吗 |
[13:34] | Two odd conditions striking completely coincidentally at the exact same time? | 两种罕见病症极为巧合的同时发生 |
[13:38] | – I didn’t phrase it quite that way. – They agree to treatment? | -我可没这么说 -他们同意治疗吗 |
[13:41] | Of course they did. We’re doctors. | 当然同意了 我们是医生 |
[13:42] | They believe whatever we tell them. | 我们说什么他们都相信 |
[13:45] | So, is that our job? House’s puppets? | 这就是我们的工作 豪斯的木偶吗 |
[13:47] | He comes up with an insane idea, we get to pretend it’s not? | 他冒出个疯狂的想法 我们却置若罔闻吗 |
[13:50] | His insane ideas are usually right. | 他的疯狂想法通常是对的 |
[13:52] | We’ve been here long enough to- | 我们在这里足够长时间 |
[13:54] | We’ve been here long enough to have Stockholm syndrome. | 足够长时间患上斯德哥尔摩综合征[人质情节] |
[13:56] | What, because we don’t hate him? | 什么 就因为我们不讨厌他吗 |
[13:58] | He thinks outside the box. Is that so evil? | 他能跳出框框思考 就是恶人了吗 |
[14:01] | He has no idea where the box is. | 他根本不知道框子在哪里 |
[14:03] | If you guys think he’s right, go home. | 要是你们觉得他是对的 回家吧 |
[14:06] | Relax. Just wait for the kid to get all better. | 放松 等着病人好转 |
[14:08] | I’m going to the lab to test for viral infections. | 我去化验室 检查病毒感染 |
[14:22] | Negative for Coxsackie “B” virus. | B型柯萨奇病毒检测呈阴性 |
[14:24] | Seven down, about 5,000 to go. | 排除7个 还有5000多个 |
[14:27] | You really think we’re gonna | 你真的以为靠凝胶实验 |
[14:29] | come up with your mystery virus just by running gels | 加上我们随意的猜测 |
[14:31] | till we guess it right? | 就能找到你的神秘病毒 |
[14:33] | No. I think we’re gonna do it by standing around watching other people work. | 不 我觉得 站着看别人干活就可以 |
[14:38] | I’m waiting for the Epstein-Barr virus. | 我在等EB病毒检测结果 |
[14:45] | – She’s weird, isn’t she? – Bad idea. | -她很古怪 不是吗 -不是好主意 |
[14:47] | – What? – Bad idea. You work with her. | -什么 -不是好主意 你们是同事 |
[14:50] | What did I say? | 我说什么了 |
[14:52] | Is weird some new ghetto euphemism for sexy, | 古怪是黑人对性感的委婉说法吗 |
[14:55] | like bad is good and phat is good? | 就像坏是好 漂亮是好 |
[14:58] | – Then what the hell does “good” mean? – “Ghetto euphemism”? | -那么好又指什么 -黑人委婉说法 |
[15:02] | You don’t think she’s hot? | 你不觉得她很性感吗 |
[15:05] | No. | 不 |
[15:07] | Wow. Then you’re brilliant. And I am using “brilliant” as a euphemism. | 明智 这个明智是委婉说法 |
[15:10] | Obviously, the girl is hot. Y-You’re not talking about her aesthetics. | 显然 她很性感 你不是就美学角度讨论 |
[15:14] | You’re talking about if I want to jump her. I don’t. | 你在说我想和她上床 我不想 |
[15:17] | Brilliant. | 明智 |
[15:23] | Your Epstein-Barr is ready. | 你的EB病毒检测好了 |
[15:31] | – What are you doing? – Level four. | -你在干吗 -第四关 |
[15:34] | No, no. I mean | 不 我是说 |
[15:35] | I know what you meant. We’re waiting. | 我知道你什么意思 我们等着 |
[15:38] | – My throat hurts. – So you said. | -我喉咙痛 -那是你说的 |
[15:41] | How long are we waiting? | 我们等了多久了 |
[15:43] | Two minutes less than when you asked me two minutes ago. | 比两分钟前你问的时候少了两分钟 |
[15:47] | – Hi. – Hi. I’m Dr. Cuddy. | -你好 -你好 我是卡迪医生 |
[15:51] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[15:52] | Dr. Cuddy, thanks for the consult. | 卡迪医生 多谢前来会诊 |
[15:55] | His throat seems to have some condition. | 他的喉咙有些不适 |
[16:00] | – Say “Ah.” – Ah. | -说”啊” -啊 |
[16:05] | He has a sore throat. | 他喉咙痛 |
[16:08] | Of course. Yes, why didn’t l- | 当然 是 我怎么就没 |
[16:11] | I mean, because he said that it hurt, | 我是说 因为他说疼 |
[16:14] | and I should have deduced that meant it was sore. | 我应该推断是痛的 |
[16:16] | I was in a board meeting. | 我在开董事会议 |
[16:17] | Patients come first, right? | 病人优先 不是吗 |
[16:18] | Wouldn’t want to prescribe a lozenge if there’s any doubt about its efficacy, huh? | 止咳糖疗效仍有疑问 就不打算开药是吗 |
[16:21] | You once asked me why I think I’m always right, | 你曾问我为何我总认为自己是对的 |
[16:23] | and I realized that you’re right. | 我意识到 你是对的 |
[16:25] | At least, I think you’re right. | 至少我认为你对 |
[16:26] | I don’t really know, how do I? | 我并不真的知道 怎么能知道呢 |
[16:30] | – Hey. I’m here. – Go home. Drink some hot tea. | -我在这里呢 -回家 喝点热茶 |
[16:39] | Excellent counsel. | 出色的会诊 |
[16:42] | Negative on parvovirus B-19. | 细小病毒B-19阴性 |
[16:45] | – I’m impressed. – Thank you. I was born to run gels. | -了不起啊 -多谢 天生跑胶的料 |
[16:48] | – I meant about Chase. – What about Chase? | -我说奇斯呢 -奇斯怎么了 |
[16:52] | Well, the man has no physical interest in you. | 这个人对你的外貌没有兴趣 |
[16:55] | He has a completely professional relationship with you, | 绝对的同事关系 |
[16:57] | respects you as a colleague and a doctor. | 尊重你 如同对同事和医生 |
[17:01] | And yet, he can’t look at you without thinking sex. | 还有 看着你 满脑袋想的是做爱 |
[17:05] | Because I asked what kind of sex could kill you? | 就因为我问什么样的性爱能害死人吗 |
[17:07] | You now have total control over your relationship with him. | 你俩的关系 现在你说了算 |
[17:09] | So, a woman can’t express her interest in sex | 女性必须占据主导 |
[17:12] | without it being some professional power play? | 才能表示对性的兴趣吗 |
[17:14] | No. If you look the way you do and you say what you said, | 不 但是如果回想下你所说 所做的 |
[17:19] | you have to be aware of the effect that it’s going to have on men. | 当心这样做对一个男人产生的影响 |
[17:20] | Men should grow up. | 男人总也长不大 |
[17:22] | Yeah, and dogs should stop licking themselves. | 对 狗改不了吃屎 |
[17:25] | – It’s not gonna happen. – What’s going on? | -不会发生的 -出什么事了 |
[17:26] | – Yeah, what are you doing here? – Looking for you guys. | -对了 你在这里干嘛 -找你们 |
[17:30] | Why didn’t you page us? | 为什么不呼我们 |
[17:31] | ‘Cause I knew you’d be here. | 因为我知道你们在这里 |
[17:33] | – Who told him? – No one. | -谁告诉他的 -没人 |
[17:34] | I assume you’re trying to prove my crazy, two-illness theory wrong, | 料到你们想要证明我疯狂的两病同发理论是错的 |
[17:38] | so, obviously, you’re gonna be in the lab. | 所以 显然 你们会在化验室 |
[17:39] | – You spin the urine? – Not yet. | -尿沉渣检验好了吗 -还没 |
[17:41] | Talk to me when you have. | 做完了通知我 |
[17:51] | What’d you find out? | 发现什么了 |
[17:53] | Kidney failure. It’s acute interstitial nephritis. | 肾衰 急性间质性肾炎 |
[17:57] | I wonder if that’s significant. | 我在想这重要吗 |
[17:59] | It means the antibiotics didn’t cause the kidney failure. | 那就表示抗生素并非肾衰诱因 |
[18:03] | How’d you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[18:04] | If you guys hadn’t been so busy trying to prove me wrong, | 要是你们没有忙着挑我的刺 |
[18:06] | you might’ve checked in on the poor kid. | 就会有空观察可怜的男孩 |
[18:08] | You visited a patient? | 你看过病人了吗 |
[18:10] | I was sitting by his bed all morning, | 我在他床边坐了一个早上 |
[18:12] | just so he’d know someone was there for him. | 让他知道还有人关心他 |
[18:14] | I looked in on him. He’s much better. | 我看过他了 好多了 |
[18:16] | Ergo, the treatment’s working. | 因此 治疗起效了 |
[18:18] | Ergo, me right, you wrong. | 因此 我对 你们错 |
[18:19] | Hey, I’m glad for the kid. | 我为男孩高兴 |
[18:25] | That smugness of yours really is an attractive quality. | 装模作样的确是你的魅力所在 |
[18:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:28] | It was either that or get my hair highlighted. | 要不我就去把头发染了 |
[18:30] | Smugness is easier to maintain. | 装模作样保持起来要容易得多 |
[18:32] | I get that you’re not a big believer in the “catching flies with honey” approach, | 我明白你不相信蜂蜜抓苍蝇的方法 |
[18:36] | but do you honestly think you’ll collect a jarful by cleverly taunting them? | 但你真的相信嘲弄法能抓一罐子吗 |
[18:39] | Flies, no. Doctors, sure. | 苍蝇 不行 医生 一定 |
[18:41] | If I’d said to Foreman, | 要是我和福曼说 |
[18:42] | “Nice try. Great guess, | “尝试的好 猜得不错 |
[18:43] | but sorry, not this time,” | 但是对不起 不对” |
[18:44] | what do you think he’d be doing right now? | 你觉得他现在会在干嘛 |
[18:45] | I think he’d go home not feeling like a piece of crap. | 我想他回家时不会觉得自己一无是处 |
[18:48] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[18:50] | You want him to feel like a piece of crap? | 你想让他觉得自己一无是处吗 |
[18:52] | No. I don’t want him going home. | 不 我不想让他回家 |
[18:57] | Dr. Foreman. | 福曼医生 |
[19:01] | – Still have the cough. – I’m feeling a lot better though. | -还是咳嗽吗 -但感觉好多了 |
[19:04] | His fever is gone. His rash is going away. | 他的烧退了 疹子也退了 |
[19:08] | – I see. – Is everything okay? | -知道了 -一切都好吗 |
[19:12] | Just ordering some tests. Absolutely nothing to worry about. | 就是预约几个检查 没有什么可担心的 |
[19:32] | How much longer? | 还要多久 |
[19:34] | 9:30. I figure she was on the eighth hole when I paged her. | 9点半 我想我呼她的时候 她在8号洞 |
[19:42] | You probably got another half hour. | 大概能玩半个小时 |
[19:49] | I ran a T.S.H., T3 | 我检测了促甲状腺激素 三碘甲状腺素 |
[19:51] | and T4. The patient’s negative for hypothyroidism. | 甲状腺素 不是甲状腺机能减退 |
[19:54] | I’m not talking about you. | 说的不是你 |
[19:55] | The fact that he’s getting better would | 事实是 他在好转 |
[19:57] | indicate the unreliability of the tests. | 说明检测结果不可靠 |
[19:59] | If I’m right and it’s a viral infection, | 如果我是对的 是病毒感染 |
[20:01] | one of two things always happen: | 下面两种情况必有其一 |
[20:02] | The patient dies, or the patient’s immune system fights off the invader. | 病人死亡 或病人免疫系统抗击感染 |
[20:05] | What’s with her? | 她怎么回事 |
[20:07] | Her leg hurts after running six miles. | 跑了6英里后 她腿疼 |
[20:10] | Who knows? Could be anything. | 谁知道呢 什么都有可能 |
[20:11] | He’s getting better. That doesn’t prove you’re right. | 他在好转并不证明你是对的 |
[20:13] | That just proves he’s getting better. | 仅证明他在好转 |
[20:16] | It-It’s not two illnesses. It can’t be two illnesses. | 不是两病同发 不可能是两病同发 |
[20:20] | I am so glad you work here. | 你在这里工作 我太高兴了 |
[20:23] | If I’m right, the antibiotics you prescribed… | 如果我是对的 你开的抗生素 |
[20:26] | could box his kidneys and liver, impeding his ability to fight off the virus. | 会阻断肝肾 抑止抵抗病毒的能力 |
[20:30] | – It could kill him. – Well, that certainly would be a concern. | -会害死他的 -这的确值得考虑 |
[20:34] | Fifty bucks? | 赌50元吗 |
[20:36] | Don’t look away. The space monkeys will be all over you. | 别走神 太空猴子会打败你的 |
[20:39] | You wanna bet on the patient’s health? | 你要那病人的健康打赌 |
[20:40] | You think that’s bad luck? | 你认为不吉利吗 |
[20:42] | You think that God will smite him because of our insensitivity? | 你认为上帝会因我们的无动于衷而惩罚他吗 |
[20:46] | Well, if God does, you make a quick 50. | 要是这样 白送你50块 |
[20:54] | – Oh. – Go check his white blood count. | -噢 -检查他的白细胞计数 |
[20:56] | If he’s fighting off a virus like you think, it’ll be way up. | 若如你想的是病毒感染 会显著升高 |
[21:04] | Hey. Cuddy said you needed a consult. What’s up? I’m busy. | 卡迪说你要求会诊 什么事 我忙呢 |
[21:26] | – I was just being glib. – You haven’t said anything. | -我就是一时嘴快 -你什么也没说 |
[21:29] | No. Before, when I was talking about Brandon’s girlfriend | 不 之前 我说布兰登女友 |
[21:32] | thinking sex could kill you. | 认为做爱能害死人的时候 |
[21:35] | I was just making a joke because I was uncomfortable. | 我就是开玩笑 因为我不是很自在 |
[21:37] | Oh, I don’t even remember what you said. | 我连你说过什么都不记得了 |
[21:39] | I’m uncomfortable about sex. | 性让我心神不安 |
[21:42] | – Well, we don’t have to talk about this. – Sex could kill you. | -我们没有必要讨论这个 -性能害死你 |
[21:46] | Do you know what the human body goes through when you have sex? | 你知道在做爱时人体会发生什么变化吗 |
[21:50] | Pupils dilate. Arteries constrict. | 瞳孔放大 动脉收缩 |
[21:52] | Core temperature rises, heart races, blood pressure skyrockets. | 体温上升 心跳加速 血压猛涨 |
[21:55] | Respiration becomes rapid and shallow. | 呼吸短浅而急促 |
[21:59] | The brain fires bursts of | 大脑肆意地 |
[22:00] | electrical impulses from nowhere to nowhere. | 放射电脉冲 |
[22:02] | Secretions spit out of every gland, | 各腺体排放分泌物 |
[22:04] | and the muscles tense and spasm | 肌肉的收缩程度 |
[22:05] | Like you’re lifting three times your body weight. | 相当于你在举起你体重三倍的重物 |
[22:08] | It’s violent, it’s ugly, and it’s messy. | 它就是暴力 丑陋与肮脏的混合体 |
[22:13] | and if god hadn’t made it unbelievably fun, | 如果上帝没有把性变得难以置信地有趣 |
[22:16] | the human race would’ve died out eons ago. | 那么人类早已灭绝了 |
[22:22] | Men are lucky they can only have one orgasm. | 男人只有一次性高潮是很幸运的事情 |
[22:24] | You know that women can have an hour-long orgasm? | 你知道女人会有长达一小时的性高潮吗 |
[22:28] | Hey, Foreman. What’s up? | 嘿 福曼 怎么了 |
[22:30] | – Hey, Foreman. – Hey. | -嘿 福曼 -嗨 |
[22:33] | White cell count isn’t up, is it? | 白血球数量不高 是吧 |
[22:37] | No. We were both wrong. | 是的 我们都错了 |
[22:39] | White cell count is down- way down-and dropping. | 白血球数量极低 而且还在下降 |
[22:42] | His immune system is shot. We need to get him into a clean room. | 他的免疫系统衰竭了 我们要把他带到无菌室 |
[22:52] | Can you walk, Brandon? | 你还能走吗 布兰登 |
[22:55] | Yeah. A little. | 嗯 勉强可以吧 |
[22:57] | Okay. ‘Cause we’ll need to leave the chair outside. Thank you. | 很好 因为我们不能把轮椅带进去 谢谢了 |
[23:01] | Where’s April? April? | 艾普尔在哪里 艾普尔 |
[23:04] | Can you take that chair, please? Thank you. | 麻烦把轮椅拿出去 谢谢了 |
[23:07] | Yes, Robert. | 没问题 罗伯特 |
[23:09] | I’ll need to take your, um- your mask and your robe too. | 我要把你的口罩和长袍脱下 |
[23:19] | You might wanna block your ears for this, it’s quite loud. | 塞住你的耳朵的吧 会很吵的 |
[23:34] | Something’s made him immuno-compromised. | 某些东西使他的免疫减弱了 |
[23:37] | His white blood cell count is down, | 他的白血球含量很低 |
[23:39] | which means his body can’t fight off infections. | 就是说他的身体不能抵抗感染 |
[23:41] | If he gets sick, he’ll die. | 如果他稍有生病 他就会死了 |
[23:42] | Sick? How sick? | 稍有生病 什么样的病 |
[23:46] | If he gets a cold, he’ll die. | 如果他感冒了 他就会死 |
[24:00] | Okay. I’m gonna push the needle into your hip bone and take some of the marrow. | 好了 我会把针穿进你的髋骨取出一些骨髓 |
[24:07] | That’s not so bad. | 这也没多疼啊 |
[24:10] | That was just the anesthetic. | 这只是麻醉而已 |
[24:14] | The core biopsy needle, it’s a bit bigger. | 真正的活组织检查针头 有点大了 |
[24:19] | Hey, man. Take a deep breath. This-this is gonna hurt… A lot. | 兄弟 深呼吸吧 这将是非一般的疼 |
[24:30] | Your marrow makes the blood cells. | 你的骨髓制造血细胞 |
[24:34] | We take a peek at it under a microscope, | 我们在显微镜下观察一下 |
[24:37] | and maybe we find a viral infection. | 也许就会发现病毒感染 |
[24:41] | Maybe we find some fibrosis. | 也可能会发现纤维变性 |
[24:43] | Something to explain why your blood count is so low. | 反正是可以解释你血细胞数量那么低的东西 |
[24:48] | There we go. | 搞定了 |
[24:51] | One step closer to an answer. | 离答案又近了一步了 |
[24:54] | If you don’t find one, | 如果你找不到的话 |
[24:58] | I can’t stay here forever. | 我也不能一直在无菌室里待着 |
[25:10] | – The patient could’ve died. – The one with the pulled muscle? | -病人可能会死 -肌肉拉伤那个吗 |
[25:13] | Those symptoms are consistent with a dozen other conditions. | 还有很多种疾病可以出现这个症状 |
[25:18] | I’m entitled to a consult. | 我有权参加会诊啊 |
[25:19] | You are not getting out of clinic duty. | 你逃不掉门诊任务的 |
[25:21] | Come on. You got a hundred other idiot doctors in this building who go… | 拜托 你还有一堆白痴医生能很热情 |
[25:24] | warm and fuzzy every time they pull a toy car out of a nose, | 富有同情心 去给别人拿出鼻子里的玩具车 |
[25:28] | you don’t need me here. | 你根本不用我在这里 |
[25:30] | No, I don’t. | 我是不需要 |
[25:31] | But working with people actually makes you a better doctor. | 但是和他人一起工作能让你进步 |
[25:33] | When did I sign up for that course? | 我什么时候报名上这堂课了 |
[25:34] | When did I give you the impression that I care? | 我什么时候让你觉得我在意了 |
[25:37] | Working in this clinic obviously instills a deep sense of compassion. | 在门诊工作显然会慢慢变得更有同情心 |
[25:41] | I’ve got your home number, right? | 我有你家的电话号码的吧 |
[25:43] | In case anything comes up at 3:00 in the morning. | 就怕凌晨3点会有突发事件 |
[25:46] | It’s not gonna work. You know why? | 没有用的 知道为什么吗 |
[25:48] | Because this is fun. | 因为这挺好玩的 |
[25:51] | You think of something to make me miserable. | 你想尽办法让我悲惨 |
[25:53] | I think of something to make you miserable. | 我也想尽办法让你悲惨 |
[25:55] | It’s a game, and I’m gonna win | 这是个游戏 我会赢的 |
[25:57] | Because I got a head start. You are already miserable. | 我已经有个好的开端了 你已经很悲惨了 |
[26:04] | Is this important? | 这很重要吗 |
[26:06] | – Uh, no. – Good. | -不 -很好 |
[26:08] | – What’s with you and her? – Don’t. | -你和她怎么了 -别问了 |
[26:10] | You have a thing for her? The only people who can get to you- | 你喜欢她的是吧 唯一可以让你… |
[26:13] | No. There is not a thin line between love and hate. | 不 恨与爱不只有一线之隔 |
[26:16] | There is, in fact, a great wall of china, | 事实上 爱与恨之间是有一道长城 |
[26:18] | with armed sentries posted every 20 feet between love and hate. | 每隔20尺还有武装的哨兵 |
[26:21] | – Thirty-six vicodin. – Who’s the patient? | -36片维科丁 -病人是谁 |
[26:23] | -I am. – You can’t- | -我 -你不能 |
[26:25] | – Dr. Wilson is the prescribing physician. – Yeah. | -威尔森医生是处方医师 -是的 |
[26:28] | You will lie, cheat and steal to get what you want, | 你为了拿到你想要的会撒谎 欺骗和偷窃 |
[26:30] | but you’re incapable of kissing a little ass? | 但是你不会拍马屁 |
[26:32] | We all have our limitations. | 我们都有不足之处 |
[26:34] | House? Wrong bottle. Do me a favor. | 豪斯 你拿错药了 帮我个忙 |
[26:38] | Take one of these, wait five minutes | 吃一片药 等个5分钟 |
[26:40] | for it to kick in, then find Cuddy and kiss her ass. | 让它发挥药性 然后去找卡迪拍拍马屁 |
[26:45] | What was the kid’s first symptom? | 那孩子最先的症状是什么 |
[26:48] | You did the history. Of his 800 symptoms, | 你整理的病历 他的800个症状 |
[26:50] | which one hit him first? | 哪个是第一个 |
[26:52] | Uh, the cough. | 咳嗽 |
[28:20] | Gout. | 痛风 |
[28:28] | – Are we talking about Brandon? – Gout? | -我们在讨论布兰登吗 -痛风吗 |
[28:31] | Uric acid crystals in the joints? | 关节里有尿酸结晶吗 |
[28:33] | The symptoms are pain, swelling, redness, | 症状是疼痛 肿胀 发红 |
[28:36] | stiffness. Not one of which do I see on that board. | 四肢强直 我在白板上一个都看不到啊 |
[28:39] | Because he doesn’t have gout. | 因为他没有得痛风 |
[28:43] | Every day, cells die. | 每一天 细胞都会死 |
[28:49] | We survive because the | 我们还活着是因为 |
[28:50] | remaining cells divide and replace the losses. | 活细胞分裂取代死掉的细胞 |
[28:54] | The colchicine, a gout medicine, | 秋水仙素 治疗痛风的药物 |
[28:56] | blocks mitosis and stops cell division, | 阻挡了有丝分裂和停止了细胞分裂 |
[28:59] | which will result in abdominal pain, rash, | 会引起腹部的疼痛 皮疹 |
[29:03] | nausea, fever, kidney failure, low blood pressure… | 恶心 发烧 肾衰竭 低血压 |
[29:08] | and will also mess with the bone marrow. | 还会在骨髓里捣乱 |
[29:11] | But he doesn’t have gout. Why would he have gout medication? | 但是他没有痛风 为什么他会吃痛风药 |
[29:13] | Because you guys were right. | 因为你们是正确的 |
[29:14] | He didn’t have two conditions at the exact same time. | 他没有同时出现两个状况 |
[29:16] | First, he got a cough. | 首先 他咳嗽 |
[29:17] | And because he’s an idiot, he went to a doctor. | 又因为他是个白痴 他去找医生了 |
[29:20] | In order to justify charging $200, | 为了不愧对收他的两百美金 |
[29:21] | that doctor felt he should actually do something. | 那医生就觉得他应该做些什么 |
[29:24] | Oops. He wrote a prescription. | 他写了一个处方 |
[29:27] | Seven thousand people die each year from pharmacy screwups. | 每年有7千人死于药房的错误 |
[29:31] | Not nearly as many as die from doctor screwups, | 不亚于死于医生的出错 |
[29:33] | But still, not something they use in their promotional materials. | 但仍然 不会影响医生们的晋升 |
[29:35] | The pharmacist gave him gout medicine instead of cough medicine. | 药剂师没给他咳嗽药反而给他痛风药 |
[29:39] | And the only thing it wouldn’t do, | 唯一不会有的一个作用就是 |
[29:41] | it would do absolutely nothing to relieve his cough. | 不会治好他的咳嗽 |
[29:45] | Occam’s razor- | 奥坎简化律 |
[29:47] | The simplest explanation | 最简单的解释 |
[29:49] | is almost always that somebody screwed up. | 经常就是什么人出错了 |
[29:51] | But once he checked into this hospital, | 但当他住进来我们医院的时候 |
[29:53] | he was completely in our control. | 他就完全在我们控制之下了 |
[29:55] | Our food, our pills, our everything. | 我们提供的食物 药物 一切东西 |
[29:57] | So even if you’re right, no more gout medication. | 所以即使你是对的 断绝痛风药之后 |
[30:00] | He’d either continue to deteriorate, | 要么他的病情持续恶化 |
[30:02] | or he would’ve gotten better. | 要么就好了 |
[30:03] | But he got better, and then he got worse. | 但是他是先转好 然后再恶化的 |
[30:06] | It doesn’t fit. It doesn’t make sense. | 这不对头啊 没有道理啊 |
[30:09] | Okay. Two people screwed up. | 好吧 两个人出错了 |
[30:12] | Not as simple as one, but- | 没有一个人出错那么简单 但是 |
[30:24] | – He’s resting. He’s – I’m Dr. House. | -他在休息呢 -我是豪斯医生 |
[30:27] | I’m your son’s physician. | 是你们孩子的医生 |
[30:28] | Oh. You’re the one we haven’t met yet. | 哦 是那个我们还没有见过的医生 |
[30:31] | You’re the one he hasn’t met. | 也是他没有见过的医生 |
[30:33] | How can you treat someone without meeting them? | 没有见过病人你怎么治疗病人呢 |
[30:35] | It’s easy if you don’t give a crap about him. | 只要不和他说什么废话就很容易 |
[30:39] | That’s a good thing. | 那是件好事 |
[30:41] | If emotions made you act rationally, | 如果感情让你理性行事 |
[30:43] | well, they wouldn’t be called emotions, right? | 那就不会叫做感情了 是吧 |
[30:45] | That’s why we have this nice division of labor. | 那就是我们为什么有分工合作的原因 |
[30:47] | You hold his hand, I get him better. | 你握着他的手 我让他好转 |
[30:49] | If I start tucking him in at night, | 如果我晚上来守着他 |
[30:51] | well, that’s not fair to you guys. | 那就对你们不公平了 |
[30:52] | And if you start prescribing medicine, | 而如果你们去写处方 |
[30:53] | well, that’s not fair to me. | 那就对我不公平了 |
[30:55] | So, what I wanna know is, who stepped on my side of the net? | 所以 我想知道的是 谁踏进我这半场了 |
[30:58] | Who cared enough to get | 谁那么过于关心他 |
[31:00] | stupid enough to give him his cough medicine? | 笨到又让他吃咳嗽药了 |
[31:03] | When we checked in, Dr. Foreman- | 当我们入住的时候 福曼医生 |
[31:05] | Tuesday, he’s getting better. Wednesday, he’s getting sick again. | 星期二 他好转了 星期三 又恶化了 |
[31:09] | Somebody gave him his cough medicine wednesday. | 某人让他在星期三的时候吃了咳嗽药 |
[31:17] | Come on. Nobody’s gonna be mad. | 拜托 没有人会生气的 |
[31:20] | I just wanna know who tried to kill the kid. | 我只是想知道谁试图杀了那小孩 |
[31:28] | – Dr. House, maybe we should… – His throat was sore. | -豪斯医生 我们或许 -他喉咙疼 |
[31:35] | – Page Dr. Occam. He’s gonna wanna hear about this. – I’m sorry. | -呼叫奥克姆医生 他会想听听 -抱歉 |
[31:38] | He was coughing, and I just wanted to help him. | 他那时候在咳嗽 我只是想帮他 |
[31:41] | Aren’t you a dear. | 你真可爱 |
[31:43] | Where are the pills? | 药呢 |
[31:44] | He took the last of’em before he was switched into that room. | 在他换到那间病房之前他吃掉最后一片了 |
[31:47] | – They’re all gone? – It was just cough medicine. | -都吃完了嘛 -那只是咳嗽药 |
[31:48] | No, it wasn’t. Where’s the bottle? | 那不是咳嗽药 瓶子在哪 |
[31:59] | We need to know exactly what you put in this bottle. | 我们要知道你到底放了什么药进这瓶子里 |
[32:02] | We think it was colchicine, a gout medication. | 我们认为是秋水仙素 治疗痛风的药 |
[32:04] | If the prescription said cough medicine, that’s what I dispensed. | 如果处方上写的是咳嗽药 我装瓶的就是 |
[32:07] | The family is prepared to waive liability, all right? | 他们不打算追究责任 好吧 |
[32:09] | We just need to know what it was, | 我们只是想知道里面是什么 |
[32:11] | – What dosage it was… – It was cough medicine. | -剂量是多少 -就是咳嗽药 |
[32:14] | Refill it. | 再装一次 |
[32:18] | – He’s gonna be okay. – You don’t know that. | -他会没事的 -谁知道呢 |
[32:24] | Does Brandon like that quality in you? | 布兰登就喜欢你这种性格的人吗 |
[32:27] | You’re a little negative. | 你有些消极 |
[32:31] | Things don’t always work out for the best. | 事情不全是往好的方面发展的 |
[32:33] | Doesn’t hurt to hope they do. | 希望它好也没有坏处啊 |
[32:35] | No. Not unless that makes you figure you | 是的 直到让你认为 |
[32:37] | can do whatever you want, like give people cough medicine. | 你可以为所欲为 就像给别人吃咳嗽药 |
[32:41] | This is cough medication. | 这是咳嗽药 |
[32:43] | This is what Brandon was supposed to get. | 这是布兰登应该拿到的药 |
[32:46] | They’re small, round and yellow. | 圆形黄色小药片 |
[32:49] | Can you tell this man what the pills | 你可以告诉这个人到底 |
[32:50] | in your son’s medicine bottle actually looked like? | 你孩子的药瓶里装的药是怎样的吗 |
[32:55] | They were small, round and yellow, exactly like this. | 就是像这样的圆形黄色小药片 |
[32:58] | Those were the pills that Brandon was taking. | 这就是布兰登当时吃的药 |
[33:00] | Hey, I’m just a pharmacist, | 嘿 也许我只是个小小药剂师 |
[33:02] | but I know what cough medicine looks like, Doctor. | 但我认得止咳药什么样 医生 |
[33:10] | It was so perfect. It was beautiful. | 原本是多么完美 多么美好 |
[33:14] | Beauty often seduces us on the road to truth. | 美好常常在通往真理的路上诱惑我们 |
[33:18] | And triteness kicks us in the nads. | 而陈腐把我们推入泥沼 |
[33:21] | – So true. – This doesn’t bother you? | -如此真实 -你不感到困扰吗 |
[33:25] | That you were wrong? I try to work through the pain. | 为你的错误吗 我努力走出痛苦 |
[33:28] | I was not wrong. Everything I said was true. | 我没有错 我说的全部都是事实 |
[33:31] | It fit. It was elegant. | 切合病情 一流的诊断 |
[33:33] | So, reality was wrong? | 这么说 是现实错了吗 |
[33:36] | Reality’s almost always wrong. | 现实几乎总是错的 |
[33:45] | The cough medicine did something. | 他吃的止咳药肯定有问题 |
[33:49] | Aggravated the condition. | 加重了病情 |
[33:51] | It’s all over the place. Must be in his blood. | 扩散到全身 一定在他的血液里 |
[33:54] | – What if it is his blood? – Lymphoma? | -如果是血液本身呢 -淋巴瘤 |
[33:57] | Unless you’ve got something better. | 除非你有更好的解释 |
[33:58] | We foolishly ruled out lymphoma | 我们愚蠢地排除了淋巴瘤 |
[34:00] | because his C.T. scan showed no adenopathy, | 因为他的CT扫描没有淋巴结肿大 |
[34:03] | C.B.C. Showed a normal differen-smear, | 全血细胞计数正常 |
[34:05] | – bone marrow showed no– – Screw the tests. | -骨髓也没有… -别管这些检查了 |
[34:06] | Do an exploratory laparotomy and find out what’s in there. | 做个剖腹探查 找出是什么在作怪 |
[34:10] | He has no blood pressure, no immune system and no kidneys. | 他没有血压 没有免疫系统 也没有肾 |
[34:14] | Surgery will kill him. | 手术会要了他的命 |
[34:15] | Yeah, you’re right. | 对 你说得对 |
[34:17] | Let’s stick with the wrong pill theory. | 我们就继续认为他吃错药好了 |
[34:23] | I’ll schedule him for surgery. | 我来给他安排手术时间 |
[34:31] | Okay, Brandon, | 准备好 布兰登 |
[34:32] | we’re running this tube through your heart… | 我们正在用电子导管检视你的心脏 |
[34:34] | and into the pulmonary arteries in your lungs. | 然后进入肺动脉 |
[34:37] | The sensors will give us information we need | 传感器会给我们提供 |
[34:38] | for the exploratory surgery later this afternoon. | 下午探查手术所需信息 |
[34:45] | – My fingers are numb. – Try not to move. | -我手指没感觉了 -尽量不要动 |
[34:49] | We’re in the right atrium, | 现在导管到了右心房 |
[34:50] | trying to catch the flow through the tricuspid valve. | 我们正试图截取三尖瓣血流图像 |
[34:53] | I think the catheter’s curling in the atrium. | 我认为导管在心房处弯曲了 |
[34:56] | Got it. We’re in the R.V. Now. | 了解 现在在右心室 |
[35:02] | Ectopy. | 异位搏动 |
[35:03] | – You must’ve irritated the heart wall. – It’ll calm down. | -肯定是你刺激到了心壁 -会平稳下来的 |
[35:06] | He can’t tolerate any cardiac arrhythmia. | 他经不起任何心律失常 |
[35:08] | – Pull back. – He needs the surgery. | -拉回去 -他需要手术 |
[35:22] | Pressure’s dropped. | 血压下降 |
[35:24] | – You still with us, Brandon? – Get the curtains. | -能听到我们吗 布兰登 -拉上窗帘 |
[35:29] | V.F. | 室颤 |
[35:38] | Charging. Clear. | 充电 闪开 |
[35:49] | Sinus rhythm. | 窦心律 |
[35:52] | I got a pulse. | 有脉搏了 |
[35:56] | Yeah, but no surgery today. | 是 但今天做不成手术了 |
[36:05] | – How’re you doing? – Okay. | -你好吗 -还行 |
[36:08] | Great. I’m doing good too. | 很好 我也不错 |
[36:11] | I get to knock off an hour early today. You know why? | 我今天可以提前一小时下班 知道为啥吗 |
[36:15] | Because I kissed my boss’s ass. Do you ever do that? | 因为我拍了我老板的马屁 用过这招吗 |
[36:18] | I think she just said yes | 我想她同意我早下班 |
[36:19] | ’cause she wants to reinforce that behavior. | 是因为她想强化我的拍马屁行为 |
[36:21] | Wants me to kiss a lot of other people’s ass, | 希望我多拍拍别人的马屁 |
[36:23] | like she wants me to kiss yours. | 比方说拍你马屁 |
[36:25] | What would you want? | 给你选择 你会要哪种 |
[36:27] | A doctor who holds your hand while you die, | 在弥留之际握住你的手的医生 |
[36:29] | or a doctor who ignores you while you get better? | 还是不理睬你却能让你好转的医生呢 |
[36:32] | I guess it would particularly suck | 我猜要是摊上个在你快死的时候 |
[36:33] | to have a doctor who ignores you while you die. | 对你不理不睬的医生一定相当郁闷 |
[36:37] | I should go. | 我还是走吧 |
[36:38] | You think it’s gonna come out on its own? | 你以为那玩意儿自己会出来 |
[36:45] | Are we talking bigger than a breadbasket? | 不会是比胃还严重吧 |
[36:48] | Because, actually, it will come out on its own. | 因为实际来讲 是会自己跑出来的 |
[36:51] | Which for small stuff is no problem. | 东西不大的话没什么问题 |
[36:53] | It’s wrapped up in a nice, soft package, and plop. | 被软绵绵的漂亮东西包裹着 扑通一声 |
[36:56] | Big stuff, you’re gonna rip something, | 东西大的话 你要拽一拽才能出来 |
[36:58] | which, speaking medically, | 从医学角度讲 |
[36:59] | – is when the fun stops. – How did you– | -就比较无趣了 -你怎么知道… |
[37:02] | You’ve been here half an hour, | 你在这儿半个钟头了 |
[37:03] | you haven’t sat down. That tells me its location. | 坐都不坐一下 说明是某个特殊位置 |
[37:05] | You haven’t told me what it is. | 你到现在还没告诉我是什么 |
[37:07] | That tells me it’s humiliating. | 说明是个丢人的事 |
[37:08] | You have a little birdie carved on your arm. | 你手臂上有个小鸟纹身 |
[37:09] | That tells me you have a high tolerance for humiliation. | 这说明你对丢人有高度忍受能力 |
[37:12] | So I figure it’s not hemorrhoids. | 所以我估计不是痔疮 |
[37:19] | I’ve been a doctor 20 years. You’re not gonna surprise me. | 我行医二十年了 不会被你吓到的 |
[37:24] | It’s an MP3 player. | 是个MP3 |
[37:35] | Is it- Is it because of the size, or the shape, | 你是 你是因为它大小正好 形状适合 |
[37:41] | or is it the pounding bass line? | 还是重低音效果好 |
[37:44] | What are we gonna do? | 我们要怎么办 |
[37:49] | – I’m gonna wait. – For what? | -我打算等 -等什么 |
[37:54] | Okay. It’s 3:00. I’m off. | 好了 三点到了 我走了 |
[37:56] | Would you tell Dr. Cuddy | 麻烦告诉卡迪医生 |
[37:57] | there’s a patient in Exam Room Two needs her attention? | 二号检查室有个病人需要她治疗 |
[37:59] | And the R.I.A.A. wants her to check for illegal downloads. | 另外美国唱片工业协会希望她查一查非法下载 |
[38:04] | – Brandon’s not ready for surgery. – Okay. | -布兰登还不能做手术 -行啊 |
[38:06] | Let’s leave it a couple of weeks. | 让我们等上几个星期 |
[38:08] | He should be feeling better by then. | 到时候他应该会感觉好些 |
[38:09] | Oh, wait. Which way does time go? | 噢 等会儿 时间走哪条道 |
[38:11] | He crashed during prep. | 他术前准备差点不行了 |
[38:12] | He’s also experiencing pain in his fingers. | 而且他的手指疼 |
[38:14] | Think some bug may have gotten in the clean room. | 可能无菌室有虫子飞进去了 |
[38:16] | I think we should double | 我们是不是应该加倍 |
[38:18] | his dosage of G-CSF | 粒细胞集落刺激因子的剂量 |
[38:19] | to temporarily boost his white blood cell count. | 让他临时增加白血球数量 |
[38:22] | Pain in his fingers. Right. | 手指上的疼痛感 对了 |
[38:33] | – Hi again. – He can’t– Where’s he going? | -又见面了 -他不能…他去哪儿 |
[38:40] | Hey. How you all doing? | 嘿 大伙儿好吗 |
[38:42] | Interesting fact. | 有趣的事实 |
[38:43] | Every seven years, it’s a whole new you. | 每隔七年 就是一个全新的你 |
[38:45] | Inspiring metaphor, huh? | 鼓舞人心的比喻 对吧 |
[38:46] | – Dr. House, this is a clean room. – Yeah. I read the sign. | -豪斯医生这是无菌室 -是 我看标志了 |
[38:51] | But cells of different organs reproduce at different rates. | 但是器官不同 细胞繁殖速度也不一样 |
[38:55] | So, you get a new kidney every three years. | 于是乎 每三年你有个新肾 |
[38:58] | Get a new stomach lining every week. | 每星期有新的胃壁 |
[39:00] | This is why colchicine poisoning causes all these symptoms, | 这就是为什么秋水仙素中毒引起这些症状 |
[39:03] | but not all at once. | 但不是全部同时显现 |
[39:04] | But we went to the pharmacy. We saw the pills. | 但我们去了药房 我们看到药片了 |
[39:07] | Colchicine does its damage in a very specific order. | 秋水仙素发挥毒性是有特定顺序的 |
[39:11] | First of all, | 首先 |
[39:12] | there’s the pain in the abdomen, the rash, the fever. | 会有腹痛 皮疹 发热 |
[39:14] | Isn’t that what you got first? | 这些不就是你起初的症状吗 |
[39:16] | Then the kidneys go, which is exactly what happened to– | 然后肾脏受损 这正是发生在… |
[39:21] | – Brandon. – Right. | -布兰登身上 -对 |
[39:23] | Then it screws up your bone marrow, and then neuropathy. | 接着骨髓出问题 然后神经病变 |
[39:27] | A painful tingling in the fingers and toes. | 手指和脚趾出现刺痛 |
[39:30] | And what do you suppose happens after that? | 再然后你猜会发生什么呢 |
[39:37] | Hair loss. The bad news is… | 头发脱落 告诉你个坏消息… |
[39:41] | – your special boy is doing drugs. – No, he’s not. | -你的宝贝儿子在吸毒 -错 他没有 |
[39:45] | – Ecstasy? – No. | -迷幻药 -不可能 |
[39:48] | Twice with Dan and Mike. | 两次 和丹还有麦克一起 |
[39:49] | You know what they cut that stuff with? | 你知不知道那东西用什么合成的 |
[39:52] | Apparently, colchicine. | 显然 秋水仙素 |
[39:53] | Unless you ingested the colchicine | 除非你体内的秋水仙素是通过 |
[39:54] | through your contact lens solution, | 隐形眼镜溶液 护肤霜 |
[39:57] | or skin cream or some other drug you’re lying about. | 或者其它你不肯说的药物吸收到的 |
[39:59] | I don’t know how it happened. I don’t care how it happened. | 我不知道这是怎么发生的 我也不在意 |
[40:02] | It happened. Start, uh- | 总之是发生了 给… |
[40:05] | – Brandon. – Lovely name. | -布兰登 -可爱的名字 |
[40:07] | Start Brandon | 给布兰登用 |
[40:08] | on FAB fragments, | FAB片断[免疫球蛋白上结合抗原的片段] |
[40:09] | and get him some Tylenol | 再给他几片泰诺[解热镇痛] |
[40:11] | for the hair I pulled out. | 我拔了他头发怪疼的 |
[40:12] | And get some air in here. | 给里面透透气 |
[40:16] | Make a note. I should never doubt myself. | 记下这条 我永远不该怀疑自己 |
[40:18] | I think you’ll remember. You know, | 我想你会记得的 |
[40:20] | it wouldn’t hurt you to be wrong every now and then. | 知道吗 你偶尔出个错不会伤你自尊的 |
[40:22] | What, you don’t care about these people? | 怎么 你不担忧病人的安危吗 |
[40:29] | The colchicine interferes | 秋水仙素会妨碍 |
[40:31] | with the ability of the heart muscle to contract, | 心肌收缩能力 |
[40:33] | pumping blood, lowering your blood pressure. | 使血液回流 血压降低 |
[40:38] | The antibodies we’re giving you | 我们给你的抗体 |
[40:40] | should neutralize the colchicine, | 可以中和秋水仙素 |
[40:44] | allowing your heart to beat at its normal rate. | 让你的心脏以正常速率跳动 |
[40:48] | When will you know? | 什么时候能知道起作用了 |
[40:51] | We know now. | 现在已经知道了 |
[40:56] | Thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[41:20] | Big weekend? | 周末过足瘾吗 |
[41:22] | It’s not for me. I’m fully stocked. | 不是我要药 我的存货充足 |
[41:24] | – Cuddy got you doing inventory? – Nope. | -卡迪要你盘点药房库存 -不是 |
[41:26] | Trying to solve that kid’s case. | 想要解决那孩子的病案 |
[41:28] | – The gout medicine O.D.? – Yeah. | -痛风药服食过量那个吗 -对啊 |
[41:31] | The fact that I know it’s a gout medicine O.D. | 事实是我知道是痛风药过量 |
[41:33] | would indicate the case is already solved. | 就意味着这个病案已经完结 |
[41:35] | Well, you’d be wrong. | 你这么想就错了 |
[41:37] | What about the fact that the kid is now- | 那么另一事实呢 这个孩子现在已经 |
[41:38] | I believe the technical term is– “Not sick”? | 用术语来说应该是”痊愈” |
[41:42] | You know how many forms | 你知道市面上 |
[41:42] | of colchicine there are on the market? | 有多少种形式的秋水仙素吗 |
[41:44] | – Stop it. – Neither do I. But it’s a lot. | -停 -我也不知道 但太多了 |
[41:46] | Pills, powders, liquids, I. V. Fluids. | 药片 粉末 液体 静脉注射 |
[41:49] | Somewhere at a party, | 某个地方的一场派对 |
[41:51] | in his coffee, up his nose, in his ear, | 他在咖啡里喝到 眼睛看到 耳朵听到 |
[41:53] | this kid had some. | 这小子有过一些 |
[41:54] | So you’re not happy with your Ecstasy theory? | 这么说你对迷幻药的说法不满意 |
[41:56] | – He said he used it twice. – People lie. | -他承认用过两次 -人都会说谎 |
[41:58] | Yeah. If you’re gonna lie, it’s– | 没错 如果你要说谎 那是… |
[42:00] | You know what? I’m not interested. | 你猜怎么着 我没兴趣听 |
[42:01] | – Not curious? – No. Because I’m well-adjusted. | -不好奇吗 -不 因为我心里满足了 |
[42:05] | Right. | 确实 |
[42:09] | – Temperature’s normal. – I want cousin Sharon there. | -体温正常 -我想雪伦表妹在场 |
[42:13] | If we invite Sharon, | 如果我们邀请雪伦 |
[42:14] | we have to invite all the cousins. | 我们就得请所有的表亲 |
[42:16] | So what? My side of the family doesn’t need anything. | 那有什么关系 我家这边不需要什么的 |
[42:23] | I don’t suppose | 我觉得 |
[42:24] | I could have some of those cough pills, huh? | 我不可以吃那些止咳药 |
[42:25] | – They’re okay, right? – Yes. | -其实药没事的 对吧 -是的 |
[42:27] | – You’re doing great. – You should invite Dr. House. | -你现在情况很好 -你应该邀请豪斯医生 |
[42:29] | – Will he come? – No. But he’ll send a gift. | -他会来吗 -不会 但他会送份礼物 |
[42:33] | I’ll make sure it’s a good one. | 我帮你把把关确保是好东西 |
[42:35] | There’s a letter on the back of these pills. | 这些药片背面有个字母 |
[42:40] | Your old pills didn’t have a letter on them? | 你之前吃的药片上面没有字母 |
[42:42] | No. Round and yellow, but no letter. | 没有 是圆形黄色的 但没有字母 |
[42:52] | Well, these will help your cough. | 没事 这些会治好你的咳嗽的 |
[42:59] | – Hey, you wanna go get some– – No. | -嘿 你想不想去… -不用了 |