时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | This is a really nice room. | 这录音室真不错 |
[00:11] | Yeah, it sounds thick. Too bad he’s not coming. | 那是 声音够浑厚 可惜请不到他 |
[00:14] | – Look, I talked to him myself. He’ll be here. – Right. | -我亲口跟他谈的 他会来的 -是啊 |
[00:17] | You’re the one who said that the song | 是你说要加段小号和声 |
[00:19] | could use a horn part, so I got the best– John Henry. | 我才请来独一无二的约翰·亨利 |
[00:21] | – You think I’m stupid? – Of course I do, but that’s not the point. | -得了吧你 -真的 不过不重要 |
[00:25] | He’ll be here, okay? | 他一定会来的 好吧 |
[00:35] | Take a left up ahead. | 左转直走 |
[00:37] | South Street? I canceled this gig. | 去南街吗 那通告我取消了 |
[00:40] | You said you didn’t want to do any sessions for a while. | 你说这阵子不想接任何通告的 |
[00:43] | For a while. I called her. I uncanceled it. | 那是前阵子 我电话联系过 接下了 |
[00:46] | – Are you up to it? – Let’s find out. | -能应付吗 -试试就知道 |
[00:52] | # You lied to me # | 你骗我 |
[00:54] | # John Henry’s never gonna show up ## | 约翰·亨利决不会出现 |
[00:57] | Will you stop? | 你有完没完 |
[00:59] | – It’s been, like, two hours. – And we will keep waiting. | -都等了两小时了 -那也得继续等 |
[01:01] | You’ve heard this guy play, and you know what he does, | 你听过他的演奏 知道他的境界 |
[01:04] | so can you just shut up, Tommy? | 能闭嘴了吧 汤米 |
[01:08] | – Oh, my God. – Am I late? | -天哪 -我来晚了吗 |
[01:21] | – You need to hear it again? – Nope. I get it. | -需要再听一遍吗 -不用 可以了 |
[01:25] | Let’s try one. See what we get. Let’s do it. | 试一遍吧 看看效果 开始吧 |
[02:01] | John! You okay? | 约翰 你没事吧 |
[02:04] | – You okay? – I can’t breathe. I can’t breathe. | -你没事吧 -我喘不过气来 喘不过气 |
[02:08] | Call an ambulance! | 叫救护车 |
[02:10] | Now! | 快 |
[03:00] | I want in. | 我要入伙 |
[03:03] | John Henry Giles? You a fan of his music? | 约翰·亨利·贾尔斯吗 你是他乐迷? |
[03:05] | He’s a musician? | 他是音乐人? |
[03:08] | That paralysis thing– Guy can’t walk for two years. | 瘫痪嘛 两年都不良于行 |
[03:11] | Nobody knows why. It seems mildly interesting. | 一直无法确诊 有点儿意思 |
[03:13] | Forget his paralysis. | 别提他的瘫痪 |
[03:15] | Tell that to the rest of his bowling team. | 这话你该对他保龄球队球友说 |
[03:17] | As far as this hospital is concerned, | 就本院而言 |
[03:18] | this is a simple case of lobar pneumonia. Boring. | 只是例单纯大叶性肺炎 没难度的 |
[03:21] | But that not-walking thing | 但他的瘫痪 |
[03:22] | That could turn into something serious. | 真可能会有严重后果 |
[03:24] | Marty Hamilton is his primary physician out in California. | 加州的马蒂·汉密尔顿 才是他的主治医师 |
[03:28] | He’s dealing with the paralysis. | 他在治疗病人的瘫痪 |
[03:29] | Know all about it. Multiple treatments, multiple surgeries– | 我懂 治疗复治疗 手术再手术 |
[03:32] | He’s making real progress. Fixed everything but the legs. | 他一直都在好转 除了他的腿 包治百病 |
[03:35] | Dr. Hamilton already called and asked for your team. | 汉密尔顿医生已经打过电话 请你们小组帮忙 |
[03:37] | And by team, I don’t mean you. | 是你们小组 不是你 |
[03:41] | Like I always say, there’s no “I” In team. | 我知道 团队里不能有自我意识 |
[03:44] | There is a “Me” though, if you jumble it up. | 即使有我 也不能喧宾夺主 |
[03:47] | Foreman did his residency with Hamilton. | 福曼实习期间跟过汉密尔顿 |
[03:49] | I know. I accidentally glanced at his resume before I hired him. | 我知道 聘用他前我瞄过一眼简历 |
[03:52] | He wants someone he can trust. | 他要找自己信得过的人 |
[03:54] | He must’ve spoken to Foreman’s parole officer. | 他肯定找福曼的假释官谈过了 |
[03:56] | Someone who will stick to the pneumonia. | 一个可以单纯治疗肺炎的医生 |
[03:59] | John Henry’s on an experimental protocol for the paralysis. | 约翰·亨利的瘫痪治疗尚在论证阶段 |
[04:01] | – I respect that. I’m not gonna get in his way. – It’s Foreman’s case. | -我尊重他的意见 我不会乱插一脚的 -福曼负责这病人 |
[04:06] | It’s pneumonia. He can handle it. | 就治个肺炎 他能行的 |
[04:08] | Guy’s already paralyzed. How badly can he screw it up? | 都瘫痪了 也坏不到哪儿去了 |
[04:27] | So, | 那么 |
[04:29] | – What are his SATs? – Staying in the 90s on the nasal cannula. | -血氧浓度多少 -插鼻管后维持在90 |
[04:32] | – Coughing up sputum? – Almost none. He seems stabilized. | -咳嗽有痰吗 -几乎没有 情况稳定 |
[04:34] | Dr. House, is there anything back from micro? | 豪斯医生 小动作给您启发了吗 |
[04:36] | Not yet. You gonna fire me? | 还没 要炒我吗 |
[04:38] | – You can make up for it by washing my car. – Oh, this is fun. | -帮我洗洗车 这事儿就过去了 -挺冷的 |
[04:42] | Okay. Let’s keep him on the broad-spectrum antibiotics. | 好了 继续给他用广谱抗生素 |
[04:45] | And since he’s displaying septic physiology, | 既然他有感染症状 |
[04:47] | draw blood for adrenal and thyroid function. | 给他抽血做肾上腺和甲状腺功能检测 |
[04:52] | – What about the paralysis? – We’re sticking to the pneumonia. | -那瘫痪呢 -咱们只负责治疗肺炎 |
[04:55] | Well, you certainly are, boss, | 当然 老大 |
[04:56] | like a wet tongue sticks to dry ice. | 您可是一言既出 八匹马也难追 |
[04:59] | The paralysis has already been diagnosed by Dr. Hamilton. | 汉密尔顿医生已经确诊了他的瘫痪 |
[05:01] | – It’s A.L.S. – Lou Gehrig’s disease. | -是肌萎缩性脊髓侧索硬化症 -路格里克氏病 |
[05:03] | It’s a lovely diagnosis. They make movies about it. | 诊断过程很有趣 还拍了部电影的 |
[05:06] | No tests, no treatment– It’s a disease of exclusion. | 未作检测谈何治疗 只能用排除法确诊 |
[05:09] | – Because Hamilton has excluded everything else. – I haven’t. | -汉密尔顿已经排除了其他任何可能 -我没有 |
[05:17] | What else could it be? | 还可能是什么呢 |
[05:19] | – Guillain-Barr? Which would be reversible. – Excellent. | -格林-巴利综合症 病程是可逆的 -很好 |
[05:22] | No. The progression of the paralysis would be symmetric. His wasn’t. | 不对 那瘫痪应该是对称恶化的 他的不是 |
[05:26] | – Transverse myelitis. – Hamilton tested for it. Negative. | -横贯性脊髓炎 -汉密尔顿检测过了 阴性 |
[05:29] | And he was negative for Masses and A.V.M. | 同时否定了恶性肿瘤和动静脉畸型 |
[05:31] | Antibodies could be attacking the nerves. | 抗体可能正在破坏神经系统 |
[05:32] | – Multifocal motor neuropathy. – Uncommon, but it fits. | -多灶性运动神经症 -不常见 但症状相符 |
[05:35] | It’s also treatable. | 也是可治愈的 |
[05:37] | Did Hamilton try putting the guy on I.V.I.G.? | 汉密尔顿试过用免疫球蛋白治疗吗 |
[05:39] | No, because the M.R.I. Showed no– | 没有 因为核磁共振结果显示… |
[05:40] | Well, let’s do an M.R.I. of our own. | 那就再做一次 |
[05:46] | Guys, it’s my case. | 各位 这是我的病人 |
[05:50] | A.L.S. Fits. It even predicts the pneumonia. | 症状与A.L.S.相符 肺炎也正是其并发症之一 |
[05:53] | The paralysis is progressive. | 说明瘫痪症状在恶化 |
[05:55] | – It’s a death sentence. – That doesn’t make it wrong. | -这可是不治之症 -但这并不意味着是误诊 |
[06:17] | So you think the breathing stuff is connected to my A.L.S.? | 你觉得呼吸衰竭是A.L.S.引发的吗 |
[06:21] | It makes sense. | 有这种可能 |
[06:24] | So it’s just gonna get worse, huh? | 病情恶化了 是吗 |
[06:26] | – Well, Dr. Hamilton… – Great guy. | -汉密尔顿医生他… -他人不错 |
[06:28] | Really smart doctor, and his treatment obviously isn’t working. | 是位好医生 但显然他的治疗不起作用 |
[06:34] | Do you think I’m gonna die here, | 你觉得我会死在这里 |
[06:35] | or you think I get to go back home first? | 还是能先回趟家 |
[06:38] | An M.R.I. would give us a better idea… | 核磁共振能让我们更好了解病情… |
[06:40] | An M.R.I. Come on. For pneumonia? | 核磁共振 拜托 这只是肺炎 |
[06:42] | – Dr. House thinks we should test for other… – House? | -豪斯医生认为该考虑其他… -豪斯 |
[06:45] | Yeah, I heard about him. Obsessive son of a bitch? | 听说过 那个有强迫症的混蛋 |
[06:48] | That’s him. | 正是 |
[06:51] | So who do you think is right, Hamilton or House? | 你赞同谁 汉密尔顿还是豪斯 |
[06:55] | Hey, they’re both excellent physicians. | 两位都是杰出的内科医生 |
[06:57] | Come on. | 少来了 |
[06:59] | One of ’em says A.L.S. The other one says not A.L.S. | 一个说是A.L.S 另一个说不是 |
[07:03] | You gotta pick one, son. | 非此即彼 小子 |
[07:06] | Everything points to A.L.S. | 症状显示是A.L.S |
[07:09] | Then no M.R.I. | 那就不做核磁共振 |
[07:15] | And I want one of them papers that say, | 我想签署份文件 |
[07:17] | I don’t want nothing done if something go bad. | 一旦病情恶化 就放弃治疗 |
[07:20] | A D.N.R.? Mr. Giles, you don’t want to rush into– | 签D.N.R吗 贾尔斯先生 不必这么仓促决定… |
[07:24] | It’s been two years. I ain’t rushin’. I want to sign one. | 已经两年了 不仓促 我心意已决 |
[07:30] | Now. | 现在就签 |
[07:32] | While my arm still works. | 趁我的胳膊还能动 |
[08:00] | He signed a D.N.R. | 他签了D.N.R.协议 |
[08:05] | He rhymes with dinner? | 他用晚餐写了一首歌 |
[08:07] | He signed a D.N.R. | 他签了D.N.R.协议 |
[08:09] | That makes more sense. | 这话听着通多了 |
[08:13] | – You tell him it might not be A.L.S.? – No. | -你跟他说了 可能不是A.L.S.吗 -没有 |
[08:16] | Well, no wonder he signed. Who wouldn’t? | 怪不得他会签 谁不会呢 |
[08:20] | I started him on I.V. Steroids and Synthroid. | 开始给他静脉滴注类固醇和甲状腺素 |
[08:22] | Great. If it was my case, | 很好 如果是我的病人 |
[08:25] | I’d be adding a little I.V.I.G. to the mix. | 我还会给他加免疫球蛋白 |
[08:27] | – For his pneumonia? – That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it. | -治肺炎吗 -我的病人 我说了算 |
[08:32] | He doesn’t want anything done. No treatment. | 他不想再做什么检测 放弃治疗了 |
[08:35] | D.N.R. Means “Do not resuscitate”, not “Do not treat”. | D.N.R.是指不予抢救 不是不予治疗 |
[08:40] | You do nothing, doesn’t matter which one of us is right. | 什么都不做 我俩谁对都没有意义 |
[08:46] | And hang on to that D.N.R. | 那份D.N.R.可保存好了 |
[08:48] | That signature could be worth a lot of money real soon. | 他的签名很快就会值一大笔钱 |
[08:58] | This is Dr. Foreman. What is Mr. Giles’s status? | 我是福曼医生 贾尔斯先生情况如何 |
[09:01] | Okay. Increase the steroids to 100 milligrams every 12 hours and, uh– | 好 类固醇用量增加到每12小时100毫克 还有… |
[09:06] | start him on I.V.I.G. | 开始注射免疫球蛋白 |
[09:08] | Yeah. Yeah, I’m sure. One gram per kilo. | 对 我确定 剂量为体重的千分之一 |
[09:13] | My nature isn’t what it used to be. | 我最近雄风不再 |
[09:14] | The little man has lost some bounce in his step. | 小家伙最近有点力不从心 |
[09:17] | He needs to crank it up, have himself some fun this weekend. | 他要好好发动发动 周末出去找点乐子 |
[09:21] | He wants the blue pills. | 他想来几颗蓝色的小药丸 |
[09:23] | You’re taking about your penis in the third person. | 你在用第三人称称呼你的老二 |
[09:26] | Me and him– two people. | 我和他 完全两个人 |
[09:28] | Separate vacations? That’d be a drag for one of you. | 各行其事吗 确实有必要用药 |
[09:31] | I don’t think you need the pills. | 但不是蓝色小药丸 |
[09:33] | I think you have a conflict in medications. | 你用药有问题 |
[09:35] | You need to up your insulin | 需要把胰岛素用量 |
[09:37] | – to chocolate chip ice-cream levels. – Insulin? | -增加到吃巧克力冰激凌一样多 -胰岛素? |
[09:40] | Yeah. You remember. That’s the stuff you take for the diabetes… | 对 你知道的 糖尿病人该吃的那种 |
[09:43] | that you forgot to tell the nurse about. | 而你显然忘记跟护士说这病史 |
[09:45] | Your hands– | 你的手 |
[09:48] | No hair, which means nerve damage. | 没有汗毛 说明神经损伤 |
[09:51] | And your shoes look about two sizes too small, | 你的鞋子 起码小了两号 |
[09:53] | which means you’ve lost sensation in your feet. | 说明你脚部已失去知觉 |
[09:56] | And then there’s your pants. | 然后还有你的裤子 |
[09:58] | My pants tell you I have diabetes? | 裤子告诉你我有糖尿病吗 |
[09:59] | No. They tell me you’re an idiot. | 不 说明你是个白痴 |
[10:01] | Powdered sugar on the right pant leg. | 右边裤腿上有糖粉 |
[10:04] | Based on the two napkins in your pocket– | 加上你裤兜里那两张餐巾纸 |
[10:07] | I’d bet it’s not your first doughnut of the day. | 我敢说你今天已经吃了不止一个甜甜圈 |
[10:09] | Code Blue: John Henry Giles RM 324 | 紧急抢救 约翰·亨利·贾尔斯 324病房 |
[10:18] | – You’re giving me the pills? – Sure. Why not? | -你给我开伟哥了 -对 干嘛不开 |
[10:21] | If you’ve got heart disease | 要是再不注意而引起了心脏病 |
[10:22] | from ignoring the diabetes, they’ll kill you. | 吃了这药你就死翘翘了 |
[10:25] | Otherwise, you two have a fun weekend. | 注意点儿 你俩这周末就爽了 |
[10:38] | O2 SATS are dropping. | 血氧浓度在下降 |
[10:39] | – Breath sounds? – Junky. | -呼吸音如何 -粗糙 |
[10:40] | – Mucus plug? – No, it’s our mistake. | -粘液阻塞吗 -不 是我们的错 |
[10:42] | Sludging from the I.V.I.G. Blood can’t get to his lungs. | 免疫球蛋白引起血栓 导致肺部无法供血 |
[10:45] | Start heparin– 500 C.C.’s I.V. | 准备500毫升肝素 静脉滴注 |
[10:46] | He won’t last long enough for it to work. | 他撑不到肝素起作用 |
[10:48] | We’ve got to intubate him stat. | 必须立刻插喉管 |
[10:50] | We can’t. He’s D.N.R. | 不行 他签过D.N.R. |
[10:53] | What? | 什么 |
[11:02] | – Someone likes music. – Oh, yeah. | -乐迷吧 -对 |
[11:12] | His SATS are in the 70s. | 血氧浓度只有70 |
[11:13] | – How long’s he been like this? – Ten minutes. | -有多久了 -10分钟 |
[11:14] | – Why aren’t you– – The I.V.I.G. Put him in respiratory failure. | -干吗不… -是免疫球蛋白导致呼吸衰竭 |
[11:17] | – You put him on I.V.I.G.? – We did this. | -你给他加了免疫球蛋白 -是我们 |
[11:19] | So undo it. Chase? | 那就取消 奇斯 |
[11:21] | It’s too late. We killed him. | 太晚了 是我们害死了他 |
[11:23] | Nobody killed him. He’s not dead. | 没人害死他 他还没死呢 |
[11:25] | – Chase, intubate him. – He’s D.N.R. | -奇斯 插喉管 -他签了D.N.R. |
[11:39] | What are you doin’? | 你要干什么 |
[11:45] | You can’t do this! | 不能这么做 |
[11:49] | – Bag. – You can’t do this. | -气囊 -你不能这么做 |
[11:51] | Bag! | 气囊 |
[12:01] | He had a bad reaction to some medicine we gave him. | 他对某种用药有不良反应 |
[12:05] | What did you just do? | 你刚刚做了什么 |
[12:08] | He saved his life. | 他救了他一命 |
[12:25] | He’s stable on the ventilator, oxygenating well. | 使用呼吸机后情况稳定 吸氧充分 |
[12:28] | The I.V.I.G. made him worse, | 免疫球蛋白致他病情恶化 |
[12:30] | which means multifocal motor neuropathy was a bad diagnosis. | 说明他的病不是多灶性运动神经症 |
[12:34] | Okay, what’s really wrong with him? | 好了 他到底是什么病 |
[12:35] | What’s wrong with you? | 你有毛病是吧 |
[12:37] | Everyone knows what’s wrong with me. | 我有什么病地球人都知道 |
[12:38] | What’s wrong with him is more interesting. | 知道他有什么病 才更有意思 |
[12:39] | You tubed him, and he didn’t want to be tubed. | 你给放弃抢救的病人插喉管 |
[12:42] | He has a legal paper saying just that. | 他可是签过法律文件的 |
[12:44] | To intubate or not to intubate | 插喉管还是不插喉管 |
[12:45] | That is the big ethical question. | 那是个道德问题 |
[12:47] | Actually, I was hoping we could avoid it | 事实上 我不希望讨论这个 |
[12:48] | and maybe just practice some medicine. | 还是直接考虑后续用药问题 |
[12:50] | There is no question. It’s the patient’s decision. | 根本就没有问题 病人已经决定了 |
[12:53] | If the patient is competent to make it. | 那也得病人有能力决定 |
[12:55] | If his thyroid numbers aren’t making him sad. | 而不是因甲状腺水平造成情绪抑郁 |
[12:57] | Oh, my God. You don’t believe that. | 天哪 你说这话谁信啊 |
[12:59] | His thyroid levels were a little… | 他的甲状腺水平确实有点儿低 |
[13:00] | It’s nothing. Do not defend him! | 这不代表什么 别帮他讲话 |
[13:03] | – Why did he sign that D.N.R.? – I-I didn’t talk him into– | -他为何要签D.N.R. -我可没有让他… |
[13:05] | No. He signed the D.N.R. | 不 他签D.N.R.协议 |
[13:07] | ’cause he didn’t want a slow, painful death from A.L.S. | 是因为不想因A.L.S.缓慢痛苦地死去 |
[13:10] | What was happening had nothing to do with his A.L.S. | 可他刚才那种情况 跟A.L.S.完全无关 |
[13:11] | Exactly! It’s the I.V.I.G. | 完全正确 那是免疫球蛋白造成的 |
[13:13] | You screwed up! | 是你用错药了 |
[13:14] | You’re not gonna let him die because you screwed up. | 你不想让他死 是因为你用错药了 |
[13:18] | Technically, your case. You screwed up. | 严格说来 你的病人 是你搞砸了 |
[13:22] | Is that what this is about | 你这样算什么 |
[13:23] | looking bad in front of your old boss? | 让你前老大没面子吗 |
[13:25] | – You assaulted that man. – Fine. I’ll never do it again. | -你给他造成了伤害 -好吧 我保证不再犯 |
[13:28] | – Yes, you will. – All the more reason this debate is pointless. | -谁信啊 -所以说这场争论完全没意义嘛 |
[13:36] | His lungs are worse. Any theories? | 肺部情况恶化 有何可能 |
[13:40] | Oh, I’m sure he just went | 我确信他没事的 |
[13:42] | to the little boys’ room. Come on, people. | 小男孩躲自己房间去而已 来想病因吧 |
[13:44] | – Um, vasculitis? – Wouldn’t likely hit both lungs. | -结节性脉管炎 -不会两个肺都感染 |
[13:47] | It could be Wegener’s granulomatosis. | 有可能是韦格纳肉芽肿 |
[13:50] | Dr. House? | 豪斯医生 |
[13:54] | Cuddy sent me a stripper again? | 卡迪又给我找了个脱衣舞女 |
[13:56] | Love that woman. So thoughtful. | 爱死她了 这么周到 |
[13:59] | Sorry. | 抱歉让你失望了 |
[14:01] | There are case reports of | 有过类似病例 |
[14:02] | Wegener’s hitting both the lungs and the spine. | 韦格纳肉芽肿同时感染双肺和脊柱 |
[14:05] | Well, it’s not great, but it’s better than A.L.S. | 那病也很凶险 但总比A.L.S.好 |
[14:07] | At least it’s treatable. | 至少尚可治疗 |
[14:08] | It’s a restraining order. | 这是法院的禁制令 |
[14:09] | You’re not to come within 50 feet of John Henry Giles, | 禁止你出现在约翰·亨利·贾尔斯50英尺以内 |
[14:11] | and they’ve asked the D.A. to file criminal charges for battery. | 已上诉地方法院 控告你伤害罪 |
[14:17] | Cameron, test the blood for C-ANCA. | 卡梅隆 检测血清 是否胞浆型阳性 |
[14:20] | These are criminal charges. | 这可是刑事指控 |
[14:22] | They’re not gonna let you take blood to make more tests. | 不会允许你继续抽血化验的 |
[14:24] | He has blood left in the lab. Just add on the C-ANCA. | 实验室还有他血样 加一项包浆抗体检测就是 |
[14:27] | Foreman still got you doing bronchoscopic | 福曼还要求你们做 |
[14:29] | – suctioning for the pneumonia? – Every four hours. | -肺部抽痰吗 -四小时一次 |
[14:31] | Well, while you’re down in his lungs, | 好 窥镜探入肺部时 |
[14:32] | grab a biopsy. We’ll need it to confirm Wegener’s. | 取点活组织做切片 得证实是否韦氏病 |
[14:35] | – And move the patient to the second floor I.C.U. – Why? | -还有 把他搬到二楼的重症监护室 -为什么 |
[14:38] | It’s right above the clinic. | 就在门诊部楼上 |
[14:40] | I’m pretty sure it’s 50 feet in any direction. | 不管怎么算 都在50英尺以内 |
[14:43] | It’s nice having a court order | 能有法院禁令 |
[14:44] | saying you don’t have to work clinic duty. | 让我免了在门诊值班 挺好的 |
[15:03] | – Dr. Cuddy! – Excuse me. | -卡迪医生 -失陪一下 |
[15:07] | – You paged me. – Why the yelling? | -你呼我 -你喊什么喊 |
[15:10] | His bed is behind that wall– the plaintiff’s. | 他的床位就在墙后面 原告 |
[15:14] | I can’t, you know, come any closer. | 你知道的 我不能靠近他 |
[15:17] | It’s right over the clinic. Very cute. | 就在门诊部楼上 很聪明嘛 |
[15:19] | Can we get the lecture over with ’cause I’ve gotta– | 说教能长话短说吗 我还得… |
[15:24] | Actually, I’ve got nothing to do. Take your time. | 事实上 我没事可做 你尽管说 |
[15:27] | You need a lawyer? | 要帮你请律师吗 |
[15:29] | You don’t have a problem with what I did? | 你对我的所作所为 没意见吗 |
[15:31] | When I hired you, I knew you were insane. | 我雇你的时候 就知道你是个疯子 |
[15:34] | I will continue to try and stop you from doing insane things. | 我将继续致力于阻止你疯狂行事 |
[15:37] | But once they’re done, | 一旦事已酿成 |
[15:39] | trying to convince an insane person | 还执迷不悟的阻止你 |
[15:41] | not to do insane things is in itself insane. | 那就是我有问题了 |
[15:45] | So when I hired you, I also set aside $50,000 | 雇你的时候 就已经做了每年五万的预算 |
[15:47] | a year for legal expenses. | 为你找律师 |
[15:50] | So far you’ve come in under budget. | 目前为止 还能糊弄过来 |
[15:52] | Great. Any chance you could help me run some tests? | 太好了 那还能帮我做些化验吗 |
[15:58] | Dr. Foreman called Dr. Hamilton. | 福曼医生打电话给汉密尔顿了 |
[16:00] | He’s flying in from L.A. | 他正从洛杉矶飞来 |
[16:02] | You can talk to him. | 你可以跟他谈谈 |
[16:04] | Dr. Hamilton is flying in as a friend of John Henry’s… | 汉密尔顿医生此次是以约翰·亨利朋友身份前来 |
[16:09] | to pull the plug. | 帮他放弃治疗的 |
[16:14] | Yeah. I need a lawyer. | 对 我要个律师 |
[16:22] | Your Honor, on behalf of Gregory House, | 法官大人 作为格利高里·豪斯的代理律师 |
[16:24] | we have convened an emergency session of this court… | 要求法院紧急开庭是为提交诉讼请求 |
[16:27] | to bring a motion requesting | 请求法院裁定 |
[16:28] | that John Henry Giles remain on life support. | 约翰·亨利·贾尔斯继续接受治疗 |
[16:31] | Mr. House faces criminal charges for battery against… | 豪斯医生被指控故意伤害 |
[16:36] | John Henry Giles. | 约翰·亨利·贾尔斯 |
[16:39] | You beat up a guy in a wheelchair? | 你居然袭击个坐轮椅的人 |
[16:41] | Dr. House is alleged to have forced a tube down | 豪斯医生被指控 违背贾尔斯先生意愿 |
[16:44] | Mr.Giles’s throat against his will. | 帮贾尔斯先生插喉管 |
[16:47] | A medical tube, saving his life. | 那是医疗用管 救人用的 |
[16:50] | Dr. House, please let your attorney speak for you. | 豪斯医生 请让你的律师代表你发言 |
[16:56] | I’m sorry, Your Honor. I was way out of line. | 抱歉 法官大人 是我出格了 |
[17:00] | So, uh, your client forced the patient into this position, | 也就是说 你的委托人强制给病人插喉管 |
[17:05] | and now he wants a court order | 现在还想请求法院裁定 |
[17:06] | to force the patient to stay that way. | 继续强制病人接受治疗 |
[17:10] | Without the tube, | 没有那根管子 |
[17:11] | there’s a high likelihood that Mr. Giles will die. | 贾尔斯先生很有可能就一命呜呼了 |
[17:13] | Well, I assume the patient knows that. He had a D.N.R. | 病人应该很清楚这点 他签了D.N.R.协议 |
[17:17] | That’s why your client is facing criminal charges, right? | 也正因此 你的委托人才被控犯罪 不是吗 |
[17:20] | Exactly. And Mr. Giles’s death | 是的 但贾尔斯先生的死 |
[17:22] | will violate my client’s Sixth Amendment right. | 也将触犯我委托人与其当庭对峙的权利 |
[17:25] | His right to face his accuser. That’s clever, huh? | 你指他与原告对质的权利 很聪明 |
[17:30] | Your Honor, in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania v. Hoselton, | 法官大人 根据联邦宾州豪斯顿的案例 |
[17:34] | the Third District ruled that | 施用于第三区时规定 |
[17:36] | a defendant may not use that status to rule against– | 被告无权利用职务之便 违反… |
[17:40] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么这么做 |
[17:41] | – It’s not gonna keep you out of jail. – No. | -又不能免你牢狱之灾 -是不能 |
[17:43] | Even if you win, the restraining order | 即使你打赢官司 那份限制令 |
[17:45] | and battery charge stay in place, so what have you gained? | 和伤害指控也不会撤销 有什么好处 |
[17:49] | Time. | 时间 |
[17:50] | To diagnose him? You can’t get near him. | 争取时间确诊吗 你都不能靠近他 |
[17:52] | I don’t want to be near him. | 我也不想 |
[17:55] | Well, some doctors have the messiah complex. | 有些医生有救世主情结 |
[17:57] | They need to save the world. | 总想着拯救世界 |
[17:59] | You’ve got the Rubik’s complex. You need to solve the puzzle. | 你有魔方情结 总想着解决疑难杂症 |
[18:02] | Are you done? Or do you have more references to 1980s’ fads? | 你有完没完 还想对80年代时尚发表什么高论 |
[18:06] | I’m trying to listen to this. | 我还想认真听庭审呢 |
[18:09] | That D.N.R. May not be valid. | 那份D.N.R.协议有效性值得质疑 |
[18:11] | The patient was suffering from | 病人当时正因甲状腺功能失调 |
[18:12] | depression brought on by a thyroid imbalance. | 情绪极度沮丧抑郁 |
[18:15] | The D.N.R. Order was witnessed… | 该D.N.R.协议签署时 |
[18:17] | by Dr. House’s own staff, a– a– a Dr. Foreman. | 有豪斯医生的手下 福曼医生作证 |
[18:22] | My staff are idiots. | 我那群手下都是白痴 |
[18:23] | I’m sure you know what it’s like, Your Honor. | 相信你肯定感同身受 法官大人 |
[18:25] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[18:31] | The validity of the D.N.R. is a question of fact. | D.N.R.协议的有效性 确实是个问题 |
[18:34] | Dr. House should have the opportunity | 应该给豪斯医生一个机会 |
[18:36] | to make his argument at a full trial. | 收集足够证据 来证明自己的清白 |
[18:38] | And this poor guy has got to | 而这位可怜的病人 |
[18:40] | stay on life support until we can schedule a trial. | 在他收集足够证据前 只能继续接受治疗 |
[18:43] | – Your Honor– – Dr. House, | -法官大人 -豪斯医生 |
[18:45] | I will hold you in contempt if you don’t sit down. | 再不坐下 我就告你蔑视法庭 |
[18:49] | I have a medical issue. | 我有个医学问题 |
[18:51] | If it pertains to this case, your attorney– | 如果跟本案有关 你的律师… |
[18:52] | It doesn’t. | 跟本案无关 |
[18:55] | Do you have any history of heart disease in your family? | 您的家族有心脏病史吗 |
[18:58] | – Your Honor! – Your fingers– | -法官大人 -您的手指 |
[19:00] | They show signs of clubbing, which indicates a heart problem. | 您的手指呈杵状 表示可能有心脏问题 |
[19:04] | Remember Bart Giamatti? Same thing– Just dropped dead one day. | 还记得巴特·吉亚玛提 和您一样 突然有天就猝死了 |
[19:08] | – Please see your doctor. – He’s admitted this isn’t relevant. | -请及时去看医生 -他已经承认这与本案无关 |
[19:12] | Can we get back to the motion? | 能回到本案中来吗 |
[19:15] | – Of course. I-I’m sorry. – Your Honor, | -当然 抱歉 -法官大人 |
[19:18] | a person’s right to control the treatment of their own body… | 病人决定自身治疗进程的权利 |
[19:22] | is fundamental to understanding this case. | 是理解本案的基础 |
[19:25] | A long line of cases, both federal and state, stand to– | 不论是联邦法院还是州立法院 大量的案例支持… |
[19:30] | Congratulations. Impressive legal argument. | 恭喜 法庭辩论让人印象深刻 |
[19:33] | – I watched Matlock last night. – Say no more. | -我昨晚看马特洛克(律政剧集)了 -还别说 |
[19:35] | I didn’t notice any clubbing on the judge’s fingers. | 我都没注意到法官的杵状指 |
[19:37] | Neither did I. | 我也没有 |
[19:39] | So the family history thing– | 那你说的家族病史… |
[19:41] | Every family has some history of heart disease. | 每个家族都有心脏病史 |
[19:44] | And mental illness. | 还有精神病史 |
[19:50] | – Biopsy only shows inflammation. – Start him on Cytoxan. | -活检只显示有炎症 -给他用环磷酰胺 |
[19:54] | You’re diagnosing Wegener’s based on a little inflammation? | 就凭一点炎症 就确诊为韦氏病吗 |
[19:57] | Well, unfortunately, I think | 不幸的是 我只是认为 |
[19:58] | we’ve exhausted all the tests we can do… | 虽然他自己不想做任何检测 |
[20:00] | in our capacity as the doctors that | 但我们已经尽了医生的本份 |
[20:01] | – he doesn’t want doing tests on him. – Well, you don’t– | -能做的检测 都做过了 -你没有… |
[20:03] | We’ll know I’m right if he starts walking. | 如果用药后他能走了 说明用对药了 |
[20:05] | We can’t do any more tests, but you want me to treat him? | 什么检测都不能做 还让我们继续治疗吗 |
[20:07] | Medicine’s in the pharmacy. Patient’s immobilized in the I.C.U. | 药在药房 病人就在重症监护室 |
[20:11] | Sounds like a simple geography problem. | 简单的地理学问题 |
[20:14] | Are you asking us to jeopardize | 你是要我们冒着 |
[20:15] | our medical licenses for this treatment? | 被吊销行医执照的危险给他治疗 |
[20:44] | Can I help you? | 有什么能帮你的吗 |
[20:46] | Uh, I’m Dr. House. I– | 我是豪斯医生 我… |
[20:48] | Greg, right? I’m Marty Hamilton, John Henry’s doctor. | 格雷戈是吧 我是马丁·汉密尔顿 约翰的医生 |
[20:53] | We should talk. | 我们谈谈 |
[20:59] | Appreciate any list of, uh, medications– anything like that. | 感谢你像刚才那样给他用药 |
[21:01] | I’ve started him on Cytoxan. | 开始给他静脉滴注环磷酰胺了 |
[21:04] | For Wegener’s, right? | 治疗韦氏病的 对吧 |
[21:06] | Look, Greg. | 听我说 格雷戈 |
[21:08] | I checked you out, you know? | 我查过你的资料 |
[21:11] | I know you’re a good doctor, | 知道你是位好医生 |
[21:12] | and you have to appreciate that I’m a good doctor too. | 但你得承认 我这位医生也不赖 |
[21:15] | – Why? – Wegener’s is one of the first things I looked for. | -为什么 -韦氏病的可能我早就考虑过了 |
[21:18] | The biopsy and the blood test were negative, just like yours. | 活检和血检都是阴性的 相信你也一样 |
[21:20] | There’s an error rate, Marty. | 总会有错的 马丁 |
[21:23] | And there’s a time to let go. | 总要有释然的那一天 |
[21:26] | Look, I’m gonna take him off the ventilator, | 我会拔掉约翰·亨利的呼吸机 |
[21:27] | and John Henry’s going to die. He’s accepted that. | 他会逝去 正是他所希望的 |
[21:31] | Dr. Hamilton. | 汉密尔顿医生 |
[21:35] | – How you doin’? – Hey, how you doin’? | -你好 -你好 |
[21:36] | Dr. Hamilton.I’m sorry.I should have never put your patient on I.V.I.G. | 抱歉 不该给你病人用免疫球蛋白的 |
[21:40] | It’s not your fault, Eric. | 不是你的错 艾瑞克 |
[21:41] | – No, it’s mine, Eric. – That’s not what I said. | -是我的错 艾瑞克 -我可没这么说 |
[21:45] | Everybody asks about you out in L.A. | 洛杉矶那边大家都问你好 |
[21:47] | How’s the old place doin’? | 那边现在怎么样 |
[21:48] | Oh, this is wonderful. | 真是感人啊 |
[21:50] | But before you guys break out the oil, I should point out | 两位先别真情流露 容我先说一句 |
[21:52] | that you can’t pull the plug. I have a court order. | 你不能给他拔掉呼吸机 我有法庭禁令 |
[21:57] | You used to, but– | 之前可能是 但… |
[21:58] | I have the right to face my accuser. Judge said so. | 我有权跟原告当面对质 法官说的 |
[22:01] | Not if no one’s accusing you. All the charges have been dropped. | 除非没有原告 所有控告都已撤销 |
[22:12] | He doesn’t have to die. | 他根本不必死 |
[22:17] | It’s not Wegener’s. | 不是韦氏病 |
[22:34] | If it’s Wegener’s, his lungs won’t be able to handle it. | 如果是韦氏病 他的双肺根本撑不下去 |
[22:37] | Soon as they pull that plug, he’ll die. | 一旦拔下呼吸机 他就会死 |
[22:40] | That’s why they call it “Pulling the plug”. | 所以才说 拔掉呼吸机就像拔掉电源 |
[23:04] | I’m gonna miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[23:44] | – He’s still breathing. – His O2 sats are holding. | -他仍在呼吸 -血氧浓度稳定 |
[23:52] | – He’s holding his own. – He’s still breathing. | -血氧浓度靠自身稳定下来了 -他还在呼吸 |
[23:56] | It’s not Wegener’s. | 那不是韦氏病 |
[24:05] | Wrong again. | 又错了 |
[24:12] | He’s stable, but one of his arms is now paralyzed. | 他情况稳定 单侧手臂失去知觉 |
[24:15] | The real question is, why is he still alive? | 真正的问题是 他为什么还活着 |
[24:18] | Do you think he’s just being stubborn? | 会是因为他斗志顽强吗 |
[24:21] | He’s alive because you were wrong. It’s not Wegener’s. | 因为你又错了 不是韦氏病 |
[24:23] | Yeah. Seem to be doing that a lot lately. | 对 最近好像总是这样 |
[24:26] | People keep living because of my mistakes. | 总是有人靠我犯错得以续命 |
[24:28] | Progression of the paralysis | 瘫痪病情的恶化 |
[24:29] | pretty much confirmed Hamilton was right. It’s A.L.S. | 证明汉密尔顿基本上是对的 就是A.L.S. |
[24:31] | Assuming this is a progression of his paralysis. | 那得假定瘫痪的病情确实在恶化 |
[24:33] | He can’t move his arm. | 单侧手臂不能活动 |
[24:35] | Yes, his arm is paralyzed. Yes, his legs are paralyzed. | 对 他手臂瘫痪了 对 他双腿也瘫痪了 |
[24:38] | Why is everyone so gung ho to connect those two conditions? | 为什么大家都不约而同认为两者有联系 |
[24:42] | You can think I’m wrong, but that’s no reason to stop thinking. | 你可以认为我错了 但没理由停止思考真正病因 |
[24:44] | How about this one? He’s not our patient. | 这么想怎样 他不是我们的病人 |
[24:47] | Nope. Not good enough. | 不 这理由不够好 |
[24:48] | He could’ve suffered a stroke when he was intubated. | 插喉管那次 他可能是因为血栓而致呼吸衰竭 |
[24:51] | Well, blood clots are common in paralyzed patients. | 血凝块 在瘫痪病人身上很常见 |
[24:53] | – The inactivity causes– – Not interested in why. | -血流堵塞导致… -原因我不感兴趣 |
[24:56] | Let’s get an M.R. Angiogram, check for an embolic stroke. | 做个血管造影 找找有无栓塞 |
[24:59] | He doesn’t want you treating him. | 他不想由你治疗 |
[25:00] | – They dropped the court order. – Yeah, | -他们撤销了上诉 -对 |
[25:01] | and that girl dropped the charges against Kobe. | 那女孩也撤销了对科比的上诉 |
[25:03] | Doesn’t mean he should call her | 并不意味着他就能打给她 |
[25:04] | – and see if she’s free to get a sundae. – Good point. | -随时邀她去吃圣代 -说得好 |
[25:06] | But I can go within 50 feet of him now. | 但我现在能靠近他了 |
[25:16] | You need me, you have ’em page me. Anytime. | 需要的时候就找人呼我 随时都行 |
[25:18] | Okay. | 好 |
[25:36] | – Get out of here. – Sure. That makes sense. | -出去 -好 这样赶我也有道理 |
[25:40] | You hate me for saving your life. | 你恨我救了你一命 |
[25:42] | Well, in fairness to your side, | 站在你的立场上看 |
[25:44] | you were also dying because of me, so– | 你也是因为我差点死掉 所以… |
[25:46] | You knew I didn’t want to be saved. | 你知道我不想被抢救 |
[25:47] | That’s what’s interesting. | 这正是有趣的地方 |
[25:49] | Your thyroid was low, but not enough to cause depression. | 你的甲状腺水平很低 但还不至于低到引起抑郁 |
[25:53] | So you came here to tell me that | 所以你是来告诉我 |
[25:54] | even if I can’t walk, I can still hear the birds sing, | 即使我瘫痪了 还是可以听到鸟鸣 |
[25:57] | enjoy a rainbow, the feeling of sunshine on my face? | 看到彩虹 感受到阳光拂过我脸庞 |
[26:02] | Those things are fun. | 那些都很不错 |
[26:05] | Okay. Life sucks. | 我承认 活着就是受罪 |
[26:08] | Your life sucks more than most. | 相比较而言 你更受罪 |
[26:10] | It’s not as bad as some, which is depressing all by itself. | 虽然有更糟的 他们大多是自作孽不可活 |
[26:15] | But do me a favor. | 帮我个忙 |
[26:18] | Just let me find out what’s wrong with you. | 让我查出你到底是什么病 |
[26:21] | Then if you still want to kill yourself, | 到那时 你要是还想一死了之 |
[26:26] | I’ll give you a hand. | 我会助你一臂 |
[26:29] | – That sound fair? – Yeah. Sure. | -公平吗 -公平 当然 |
[26:32] | I’ll stick around to indulge your obsession. | 活受罪 只为了满足你的偏执 |
[26:35] | It’s over. I lost my air. | 我已经完了 肺部没法运气 |
[26:39] | The session the other night with those kids– | 那晚我去那间录音室… |
[26:41] | That was a test to see if I could still play. I can’t. | 想试试看我还能否演奏 我做不到了 |
[26:45] | And that’s all you are, a musician? | 你活着就为这个吗 做音乐 |
[26:48] | I got one thing, same as you. | 我只有这个 跟你一样 |
[26:52] | Really? | 真的 |
[26:55] | Well, apparently you know me better than I know you. | 显然 你对我了解的比我对你的多 |
[26:57] | I know that limp. | 我知道你那条跛腿 |
[27:00] | I know the empty ring finger. | 知道你为什么至今未婚 |
[27:02] | And that obsessive nature of yours– That’s a big secret. | 知道你那近乎偏执的天性 那是你的隐秘 |
[27:06] | You don’t risk jail and your career | 你不惜冒着入狱失业的风险 |
[27:09] | to save somebody who doesn’t want to be saved… | 救一个一心求死之人 |
[27:10] | unless you got something– anything– one thing. | 除非你有一种信念 一种固执的信念 |
[27:15] | The reason normal people | 按部就班的人可以 |
[27:16] | got wives and kids and hobbies– whatever– | 结婚生子 爱好广泛 等等等等 |
[27:21] | That’s because they ain’t got that one thing that– | 是因为他们缺少那种信念 |
[27:24] | that hits ’em that hard and that true. | 那种伤害至深又真挚隽永的执念 |
[27:26] | I got music. You got this– | 我有音乐 而你有这个 |
[27:29] | the thing you think about all the time, | 一刻不停地占据你脑海 |
[27:31] | thing that keeps you south of normal. | 让你不断地追寻着谜底 |
[27:34] | Yeah. Makes us great. Makes us the best. | 正是这样 让我们更强 成为业内顶尖 |
[27:37] | All we miss out on is everything else. | 除此之外 我们一无所得 |
[27:41] | No woman waiting at home after work with the drink and the kiss. | 回家一室凄凉 没有爱人的亲近和小酌的闲趣 |
[27:45] | That ain’t gonna happen for us. | 孑然一身 形影相吊 |
[27:48] | That’s why God made microwaves. | 所以上帝创造了微波炉 |
[27:51] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[27:53] | But when it’s over, | 一旦没有音乐 |
[27:56] | It’s over. | 一切都结束了 |
[28:02] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[28:21] | What’re you doin’? | 你这是干什么 |
[28:24] | It’s not over for me. | 对我来说 还没结束 |
[28:26] | Either you’re gonna call the cops again, or we’re doing this. | 要么你再报警 要么你就得跟我走 |
[28:30] | You want to die, | 你想死 |
[28:30] | you can do it just as easily inside an M.R.I. Machine. | 躺在血管造影机里 也一样是死 |
[28:42] | So when I go back to L.A., | 等我回到洛杉矶 |
[28:44] | I’m doing the Dana lectures again this year. | 我还要做今年的权威讲座的报告 |
[28:48] | – That’s quite an honor. – It’s all political. | -那可是种殊荣 -政治嘛 |
[28:51] | Don’t be modest. You’ve earned it. | 别谦虚了 你应得的 |
[28:53] | I got lucky on a couple studies I was doing. | 我的几项研究都取得很好成果 |
[28:55] | It all sells tickets. | 总得有资格才行 |
[28:56] | You remember last year’s lectures, don’t you? | 还记得去年的讲座吗 |
[28:58] | I remember the cigar bar afterwards. | 我记得后来的雪茄吧 |
[29:00] | The only reason to attend the thing– cigars and pool. | 参加这种会唯一的理由 雪茄和泳池美女 |
[29:06] | You enjoy working with Dr. House? | 与豪斯医生共事愉快吗 |
[29:10] | Not the word I’d use. | 说出来就大不敬了 |
[29:12] | We work too hard not to enjoy ourselves, right? | 我们都太专注工作 没时间享受人生 是吧 |
[29:16] | – Mmm. You seeing anybody? – Kinda, sorta. | -有交往对象吗 -可以这么说吧 |
[29:19] | – Serious? – I don’t know. It could be. | -是认真的吗 -我不知道 可能吧 |
[29:23] | You think she’d, uh, enjoy L.A.? | 你觉得她会喜欢洛杉矶吗 |
[29:43] | Hamilton offered me a job. | 汉密尔顿邀我过去工作 |
[29:46] | – You gonna take it? – I haven’t decided. | -你准备接受 -还没决定 |
[29:48] | You already have the most prestigious fellowship. | 你已经有最精英的同事了 |
[29:49] | It’s a partnership– | 当他合伙人 |
[29:51] | Three times the money, car allowance, | 三倍工资 汽车津贴 |
[29:54] | moving expense, pension plan, | 还有差旅费 完整的退休计划 |
[29:55] | the chance to work for a guy who gives a | 加上跟那样一个懂得尊重 |
[29:57] | – crap what people think. – Why didn’t you just tell him yes? | -别人想法的人共事 -那你为何不直接答应 |
[30:01] | – I made a commitment here. – Right. | -我还有合同在这 -对 |
[30:04] | House would let you out of it in a heartbeat. | 豪斯会立马答应让你走的 |
[30:06] | Or he wouldn’t, just to jerk me around. | 或者不会 而是拿我开涮 |
[30:08] | Would you guys have taken the job? | 要是你们 会接受吗 |
[30:10] | Don’t need the money. | 我不缺钱 |
[30:11] | We’re not like you. I don’t hate House. | 我们跟你不同 我并不讨厌豪斯 |
[30:14] | You guys really don’t have a problem with him, with what he did? | 你们真对他的所作所为 完全没意见 |
[30:17] | He knows we disagree with his choice. | 他知道我们不赞成他的选择 |
[30:19] | Choice? Chase, it’s not apples and oranges. It’s right and wrong. | 选择 奇斯 那可不是挑个水果 而是是非之分 |
[30:22] | And he does it like he doesn’t care. He assaults the guy… | 他一贯表现得毫不在乎 比如袭击了那人… |
[30:25] | and moves on to the next | 却若无其事一般 |
[30:26] | differential diagnosis like it’s nothing. | 继续做其他诊断 |
[30:27] | What do you want from him? Hand-wringing? Torment? | 你要他怎样 手足无措 折磨自己 |
[30:30] | – You want him to cry himself to sleep at night? – Yeah! | -要他每晚都痛哭流涕吗 -对 |
[30:32] | Yeah, I want some clue that he knows it’s a big deal. | 对 我只想知道他是把这当一回事的 |
[30:35] | That it scares him, that it matters. | 能让他有所畏惧 郑重其事 |
[30:37] | Whoa, whoa. What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[30:42] | It was a stroke. | 真的是血栓 |
[30:44] | – Well done, Cameron. – House called it. | -卡梅隆 干得好 -豪斯没错 |
[30:47] | The arm and legs are unrelated. | 手脚的瘫痪 是不相关的 |
[30:49] | Oh, you make enough calls, one of them is bound to be right. | 一竿子下去 总能打到几个枣 |
[30:52] | Yeah. He’s just a lucky, lucky guy. | 对 只是万分侥幸而已 |
[30:55] | Listen, listen. I just think | 我只是觉得 |
[30:56] | it wouldn’t hurt him to learn a little humility. | 学着谦虚点 对他没坏处 |
[31:00] | So what’s the verdict? | 诊断结果怎样 |
[31:03] | Embolus. The arm problem was caused by a clot. | 是血栓 手臂瘫痪是因为血凝块 |
[31:06] | There’s a good chance we can bust the clot with T.P.A. | 施以组织纤溶酶原激活物 治血栓希望很大 |
[31:10] | Do it. See what happens to his arm. | 做吧 看他的手臂会怎样 |
[31:22] | We found a blood clot in your brain. | 在你脑部发现血栓 |
[31:25] | We’d like to start you on heparin. It’s a blood thinner. | 想开始给你用肝素 那是种血液稀释剂 |
[31:28] | What are the side effects? | 有何副作用 |
[31:30] | your lungs are kind of chewed up from the pneumonia. | 你的肺因瘫痪影响 已经受损严重 |
[31:33] | – Good chance there’ll be an effusion. – Bleeding? | -很有可能破损出血 -会流血 |
[31:36] | – Into his lungs. – It’s our best | -流进肺里 -这是我们 |
[31:38] | chance to give you back the use of your arm. | 治愈你手臂瘫痪的最好机会 |
[31:40] | I don’t need my arm without my air. | 以后都不能用肺运气 我还要手臂干嘛 |
[31:42] | – The damage would likely be minimal. – No. | -这样伤害是最小的 -不 |
[31:47] | It’s his call. | 他说了算 |
[31:51] | Or we could do an embolectomy. | 或者可以施行栓子切除术 |
[31:53] | Basically, we go in and pull the clot out. | 基本上 就是利用手术取出血栓 |
[31:56] | He’s saying no to drugs, and you’re recommending brain surgery? | 他拒绝用药 你们就建议他做开脑手术 |
[32:00] | Bypasses the risk to the lungs. | 这样能避免肺部受损 |
[32:02] | – It’ll either help your arm, or– – Or it’ll kill me. | -要么治愈你的手臂 要么… -要么我一命呜呼 |
[32:04] | From your point of view, it’s a win-win. | 站在你的立场 这是双赢的 |
[32:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:11] | We’ll set up the procedure for today. | 我们今天就安排手术 |
[32:25] | We’re in your carotid artery. | 现在进入你的颈动脉 |
[32:27] | This is gonna take us all the way up into your brain. | 会沿着这里上行进入你大脑 |
[32:31] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |
[32:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:42] | The sludge is blocking the blood | 血栓阻止了血液 |
[32:43] | flow to the part of the brain that controls your arm. | 流进你脑部控制手臂的区域 |
[32:55] | All done. You still okay? | 手术完成 你还好吗 |
[33:00] | I think so. | 是的 |
[33:03] | I don’t know. I guess… | 我也不知道 我想… |
[33:04] | it’s just with Dr. Hamilton here, | 可能正是因为汉密尔顿 |
[33:06] | I-I noticed a difference in styles. | 让我意识到了不同的行事风格 |
[33:09] | His style involves humility? | 你是说他很谦虚 |
[33:13] | Another difference in our styles– | 我俩风格的另一个不同就是 |
[33:15] | I don’t care much for apologies. You can go. | 道不道歉我觉得无所谓 你可以走了 |
[33:18] | I didn’t know you were standing there when I said that, okay? | 我说话的时候 不知道你就站在我身后 好吧 |
[33:21] | – It was completely rude. – Do you mean genuine humility, | -我那样实在太无礼了 -你觉得真正的谦虚 |
[33:24] | you know, with all the self-doubt and the self-questioning, | 是那种不断自我怀疑自我质疑的 |
[33:26] | or Hamilton’s polite, patronizing, “Aw, shucks” Humility? | 还是汉密尔顿式的礼貌 盛气凌人表里不一的谦虚 |
[33:30] | – You’re both excellent doctors. – Thank you. | -你们都是很出色的医生 -谢谢 |
[33:32] | And humility is an important quality, | 谦虚是种重要品质 |
[33:35] | especially if you’re wrong a lot. | 尤其当你常常犯错的时候 |
[33:37] | You’ve been wrong every step of the way. | 可你几乎每一步都在犯错 |
[33:44] | ‘Course, when you’re right, | 当然 要是一直都对 |
[33:47] | self-doubt doesn’t help anybody, does it? | 那也没必要自我怀疑了 不是吗 |
[33:56] | We gotta go. | 该走了 |
[34:05] | Congratulations, Greg. | 格雷戈 恭喜你 |
[34:08] | Congratulations. Why, Marty? | 恭喜 喜从何来 马丁 |
[34:10] | John woke up. He can use his arm. | 约翰醒了 手臂能动了 |
[34:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[34:15] | Now, look, I know we’ve had our differences, | 我知道我们之间有分歧 |
[34:17] | but I think when a person does something well, | 但只要某人做了好事 |
[34:19] | it ought to be recognized. | 还是该得到公认的 |
[34:21] | The phone works. | 电话通的嘛 |
[34:23] | Next time you want to make me feel | 下次还想这么对我 |
[34:23] | all warm and fuzzy, leave a message. | 嘘寒问暖的时候 留言就行 |
[34:26] | Don’t get me wrong. I’m overcome with joy. | 别误会 我很为你高兴 |
[34:29] | – Doc. – Yeah. | -医生 -在 |
[34:30] | – What? – You just touched my leg. | -什么 -你刚碰了我的腿 |
[34:35] | What, are you gonna charge me with assault again? | 怎么 还想再告我一次伤害罪 |
[34:37] | No. | 不是 |
[34:40] | I felt it. | 我感觉到了 |
[34:51] | He now has feeling all the way up to the calf. | 他小腿以上 已经恢复知觉 |
[34:53] | This is the way medicine evolved. | 药物起作用的方式就是这样 |
[34:56] | Patients sometimes get better. | 有时候病人情况好转 |
[34:58] | You have no idea why, | 我们却不知为何 |
[34:59] | but unless you give a reason, they won’t pay you. | 除非知道什么在起作用 否则他们不会买账 |
[35:02] | Anybody notice if there’s a full moon? | 有没人注意过 是不是满月的影响 |
[35:04] | You’re saying he just spontaneously got better? | 你是说 他就这么自己好转了 |
[35:06] | No. I’m saying, let’s rule out the lunar god and go from there. | 不 我是说我们得排除满月影响 然后继续 |
[35:09] | Something he’s on is working. | 他用的某种药起了作用 |
[35:11] | The enzyme replacement protocol is working, reversing the A.L.S. | 替代的药物起了作用 排除了A.L.S.可能 |
[35:14] | The timing doesn’t seem suspicious to you? | 这时机你不觉得很可疑吗 |
[35:16] | Do you think Dr. House’ll see it that way, | 你觉得豪斯医生也会这么认为吗 |
[35:18] | figure it’s his medication doin’ the job? | 认为是他的用药 起了作用 |
[35:20] | I’m sure he will. | 肯定会的 |
[35:22] | It’s one of ours. | 是我们用的其中一种药 |
[35:23] | How do we figure out which drug is doing the trick? | 那怎么能确定到底是哪种呢 |
[35:25] | Easy. We just stop all of them. | 简单 全部停用 |
[35:27] | – One of those drugs is helping him. – And the rest– | -可其中一种在起作用 -但其他的 |
[35:30] | steroids, antibiotics,anti-inflammatories– | 类固醇 抗生素 抗炎药 |
[35:32] | They’re toxic, if we leave him on all of them. | 要是不同时停掉的话 是有毒的 |
[35:34] | – He’ll walk again. – Yeah. To his own funeral. | -可那样他就有能走了 -对 走去他自己葬礼 |
[35:36] | – But if we stop everything, he’ll get worse. – True. | -但如果全部停药 他会恶化的 -对 |
[35:39] | We’ll add our medications back one at a time. | 所以得每次用回一种药 |
[35:41] | When he gets better, we’ll have our answer. | 一旦出现好转 就能找到答案 |
[35:43] | – And if he doesn’t get better? – Then we’re in trouble. | -要是他没好转呢 -那我们就麻烦了 |
[35:46] | Not as much as he is. | 当然没他麻烦大 |
[35:49] | But I suppose that was your point. | 不过我猜你就是这个意思 |
[35:53] | I assume you want me to convince | 我猜你想让我说服 |
[35:55] | – Hamilton to stop his treatments too. – Don’t care. | -汉密尔顿停止治疗 -我不在乎 |
[35:58] | At least five of the medications are a part of his protocol. | 你该知道 他至少用过五种药 |
[36:01] | If his stuff was helping, | 要是药管用 |
[36:02] | the guy would be playing tennis months ago. | 他几个月前就能打网球了 |
[36:04] | It’s our round of treatment that’s helping. | 肯定是我们的治疗在起作用 |
[36:06] | Right. So that’s what you’ll stop. | 没错 可你却又要全部停药 |
[36:09] | It shouldn’t be more than 15 or 20 minutes. | 不会超过15到20分钟 |
[36:12] | So your philosophy is, if they don’t want treatment, | 所以你认为 如果他们不想治疗 |
[36:14] | they get it shoved down their throat, | 哪怕强行灌药也要给他治 |
[36:16] | but if it might cure their paralysis, | 但如果有可能治愈的话 |
[36:17] | – whoa, we better slow down. – Yeah. | -最好还是悠着点来 -没错 |
[36:19] | Yes, Doctor, I love it. | 是的医生 我就爱这样 |
[36:20] | My old philosophy used to be live and let live. | 我之前的做法是听之任之 |
[36:23] | But I’m taking this needlepoint class, | 可我越是研究下去 |
[36:25] | and they gave us these really big pillows. | 越觉得任重而道远 |
[36:27] | What’s your philosophy on employee relations? | 那你怎么处理同事关系的 |
[36:29] | That’s a very tiny pillow. | 那只是很小一块 |
[36:31] | Great. It sounds like you know what you’re doing. | 很好 看来你很清楚自己在做什么 |
[36:35] | Greg. | 格雷戈 |
[36:36] | – Can I have a word? – Can it wait for the commercial, Marty? | -能跟你谈谈吗 -能等到广告时间吗 马丁 |
[36:40] | Say hi to my friend Jimmy. | 这位是我朋友吉米 |
[36:43] | Pleasure. | 幸会 |
[36:45] | Your diagnostic trial– | 你的诊断试验… |
[36:48] | Seriously, commercial’s in about five minutes. | 说真的 还有5分钟就插播广告了 |
[36:50] | That’s a dangerous game. | 实在太过危险 |
[36:51] | Only if we’re watching in the bathtub. | 除非是坐浴缸里在看 |
[36:54] | I need to know exactly | 我需要确切知道 |
[36:55] | what medications you were giving John Henry. | 你给约翰·亨利用的什么药 |
[36:56] | Forget it. And if Foreman | 想都别想 如果福曼 |
[36:58] | tells you what John Henry used to be on– | 私自告诉你约翰·亨利的用药记录 |
[37:00] | – You’re gonna fire him? – Nope. | -你会解雇他吗 -不 |
[37:03] | I’ll make him live out every day of his two-year contract. | 我一定会让他做满两年合同期 才放他走 |
[37:06] | – Foreman asked to leave? – Not yet. | -福曼想跳槽吗 -还没 |
[37:07] | But how do you know I made him– | 但你怎么知道我请他… |
[37:09] | You’re a polite twit, but you’re not an idiot. | 你虽然口蜜腹剑的 可不是白痴 |
[37:12] | I need to know what medications you’ve taken him off of. | 我得知道 你到底给他停了什么药 |
[37:18] | Wait a second. You’re not an idiot. | 等等 你不是白痴 |
[37:24] | You need to know what medications I’ve stopped… | 你得知道我到底停了什么药 |
[37:28] | because– | 是因为… |
[37:31] | He’s getting worse. | 情况恶化了 |
[37:38] | Right now you still work for me. Come on. | 现在你还是我手下 跟我来 |
[37:43] | No feeling. No wiggling. | 没有知觉 不能动弹 |
[37:45] | Bad news is John Henry’s back where he started. | 坏消息是约翰·亨利又回到了原点 |
[37:47] | Good news is Hamilton looks bad. | 好消息是汉密尔顿看上去灰头土脸的 |
[37:49] | Yeah, it’s not whether you win or lose. | 是啊 你输赢都没关系 |
[37:51] | It’s whether the other guy loses. | 只要别人输了就好 |
[37:52] | What was the first thing we put him on? | 我们给他用的第一个药是什么 |
[37:53] | Steroids, for the pneumonia. | 类固醇 治疗肺炎 |
[37:55] | Well, put him back on them. Give him 24 hours. See what happens. | 好 重新给他用 观察24小时看情况 |
[37:57] | His lungs aren’t great. | 他肺部状况很不好 |
[37:59] | They might cause another respiratory collapse. | 类固醇很可能再次引起呼吸衰竭 |
[38:01] | Sure hope not. I didn’t much like that lawyer. | 希望不会 我可不怎么喜欢那律师 |
[38:03] | – And get an M.R.I. – He already got one, and an M.R.A. | -做核磁共振 -已经做过 还做了血管造影 |
[38:05] | Well, obviously something is different now. Do it again. | 很明显情况有变 再做一次 |
[38:07] | Chase, take care of the scan. Cameron, put him on the steroids. | 奇斯负责扫描 卡梅隆给他用类固醇 |
[38:14] | We should probably talk, huh? | 我们真该好好谈谈 是吧 |
[38:21] | – Thin cuts. – What levels? | -薄切面 -扫描哪里 |
[38:24] | T-9 through the cauda equina, same as the last time. | 贯穿整个脊髓尾 跟上次一样 |
[38:28] | You really think House would | 你觉得豪斯会同意 |
[38:29] | – let Foreman out of his contract? – He has to. | -让福曼提前解约吗 -他没得选 |
[38:32] | If he doesn’t, he’s telling Foreman he needs him. | 不同意就表示他需要福曼 |
[38:35] | House can’t handle that. | 豪斯可做不到 |
[38:42] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[38:49] | I checked him out. | 我查过他资料 |
[38:52] | He’s a great doctor. | 是位很不错的医生 |
[38:55] | – You think he’s better than I am? – This about your ego? | -你觉得他比我好吗 -这关系你的自我认同吗 |
[39:00] | Answer the question. | 回答我的问题 |
[39:03] | It’s not gonna change how I think about myself. | 那不会改变我的自我认同 |
[39:06] | Might affect my opinion of you, | 但可能会影响我对你的看法 |
[39:08] | but that shouldn’t affect your opinion of yourself. | 但也不该影响你的自我认同 |
[39:11] | Now I’m getting confused. | 有点儿晕 |
[39:13] | If you think he’s a better doctor than I am, | 如果你认为他比我好 |
[39:15] | then you should take the job. | 你就该接受那份工作 |
[39:16] | Otherwise, you should get him to buy you | 否则 就再让他多请你吃两三次 |
[39:18] | two or three more nostalgic lunches and then politely decline. | 套老交情的美餐 然后婉拒他 |
[39:22] | It’s that simple? I should just ignore the mockery and abuse? | 就这么简单 我就该忍气吞声 忘记你的辱骂吗 |
[39:25] | – Oh, how do I abuse you? – How do you not? | -我哪有辱骂你 -你怎么没有 |
[39:28] | – If I make a mistake– – I hold you accountable. So what? | -我稍有犯错… -我对你负有责任 这样怎么了 |
[39:31] | Dr. Hamilton forgives. | 汉密尔顿医生就会原谅 |
[39:33] | – He’s capable of moving on. – That is not what he does. | -他就能做到不再追究 -他才不是这样 |
[39:36] | I screwed up his case. | 他的病人我差点搞砸 |
[39:37] | – He told me– – He never said you were forgiven. | -他却跟我说… -他从没说过原谅你 |
[39:39] | I was there. He said it wasn’t your fault. | 我也在场 他只是说不是你的错 |
[39:41] | – So? – So, it was. | -所以呢 -所以那就是你的错 |
[39:44] | You took a chance. You did something great. | 你冒了险 你做得很棒 |
[39:46] | You were wrong, but it was still great. | 你犯过错 可结果仍然很棒 |
[39:48] | You should feel great that it was great. | 病人好转 你本就应该高兴 |
[39:50] | You should feel like crap that it was wrong. | 病人恶化 你就该觉得糟糕 |
[39:52] | That’s the difference between him and me. | 那就是我跟他的不同 |
[39:54] | He thinks you do your job, and what will be will be. | 他觉得医生就是份工作 该怎样就怎样 |
[39:56] | I think that what I do and what you do matters. | 我却认为当医生 一举一动都至关重要 |
[40:01] | He sleeps better at night. He shouldn’t. | 他晚上能夜夜安眠 他不该这样 |
[40:07] | Arteriovenous malformation. | 是动静脉血管畸形 |
[40:08] | Intradural. Compressing his spine. | 在硬膜内 压迫着他的脊柱 |
[40:13] | Causing his paralysis. | 导致瘫痪 |
[40:15] | How could Hamilton have missed an A.V.M.? | 汉密尔顿怎么会连动静脉畸形都没查出来 |
[40:17] | Well, we missed it too, | 我们之前也没 |
[40:20] | ’cause it wasn’t there before. | 因为之前并不在那里 |
[40:22] | Are you saying it just grew overnight? | 你是说一夜之间长出来的 |
[40:24] | No. | 不 |
[40:26] | It was on the spine. It wasn’t on the M.R.I. | 本来就压迫在脊柱上 只是没拍出来 |
[40:30] | – Same anatomic location. – It’s not there. | -结构位置相同 -那里没有 |
[40:34] | – Well, what is there? – Nothing. | -那里到底有什么 -什么都没有 |
[40:37] | Or something that looks like nothing. | 或者看上去什么都没有 |
[40:42] | – Background noise. Static. – Scar tissue? Inflammation? | -扫描时有背景噪音 是静电干扰 -是瘢痕组织 还是炎症 |
[40:45] | If it’s inflammation, the steroids would’ve shrunk it down. | 如果是炎症 类固醇早就治好了 |
[40:49] | Revealing the A.V.M., | 考虑到是动静脉畸形 |
[40:51] | which has always been there, hiding behind its own swelling. | 肯定早就存在 只是被肿胀的发炎部位挡住了 |
[40:54] | We remove that, he’ll walk again. | 类固醇消除了炎症 就能看出来了 |
[41:45] | Dr. House. | 豪斯医生 |
[41:49] | Cora’s meeting me outside with the limo. | 科拉在外面准备了豪华轿车来接我 |
[41:52] | I’m bein’ discharged. | 我终于可以出院了 |
[41:55] | Fifty bucks says I can beat you to the curb. | 五十块赌我能把你打到外面 |
[41:59] | Thanks for stickin’ with the case. | 谢谢你没有放弃治疗 |
[42:01] | I can’t do anything else. | 我又不会做别的 |
[42:05] | You’re much more easily amused when you can walk. | 能走路了 你倒容易取悦多了 |
[42:07] | How bizarre. | 多奇怪啊 |
[42:09] | I’m guessing that you weren’t exactly Mr. Sunshine… | 要我猜 即使你腿还没坏的时候 |
[42:12] | even before your leg got messed up. | 你也不是整天笑容满面的人 |
[42:18] | I want you to have this. | 我想给你这个 |
[42:31] | You can sell it if you want to. | 随便你高兴卖掉还是怎样 |
[42:33] | Just promise me you won’t play it. | 只要你保证不吹 |
[42:40] | How many of those pills you takin’? | 你那药都吃多少片了 |
[42:44] | I’m in pain. | 我很痛苦 |
[42:47] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[42:51] | Aren’t we all? | 谁不是呢 |
[42:55] | So where do you buy these things? Do they have cane stores? | 你那手杖哪里买的 真有专卖店吗 |
[42:57] | Ah, don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[42:58] | You’ll be jogging before you need a second one. | 没等你用坏一根 你就能跑步了 |
[43:02] | See you tomorrow, Eric. | 明天见 艾瑞克 |