时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | You’re not going to make this easy, are you? | 你在奋力抵抗是不是? |
[00:15] | Unfortunately, as much as I admire your spirit… | 不幸的是 虽然我敬佩你的精神… |
[00:22] | But… | 可那无济于事 |
[00:33] | Subject anesthetized with.5 CC’s of sodium pentobarbital. | 实验受体已被0.5 cc戊巴比妥钠麻醉 |
[00:39] | Transfected with human hepatic cancer cells. | 转染了人肝癌细胞 |
[00:42] | Underwent six rounds of intra-abdominal treatment with ES-22. | 接受了六次腹内ES-22治疗 |
[00:49] | Vertical incision through the rectus sheath opens the abdominal cavity. | 沿腹直肌鞘作垂直切口打开腹腔 |
[00:55] | Incision extended into… the thorax. | 开口至胸廓下方 |
[01:05] | Liver appears normal in color. | 肝脏颜色正常 |
[01:07] | No apparent scarring or… | 无表面损伤… |
[01:11] | Damn it! | 该死! |
[01:14] | Cancerous tumors still present on the right lobe, | 肝右叶仍然有肿块 |
[01:19] | 1.12 centimeters in diameter. | 直径1.12厘米 |
[01:22] | No reduction. | 没有缩小 |
[02:39] | 71-year-old cancer research specialist. | 71岁 癌症研究专家 |
[02:42] | Minor tremors, a localized melanoma removed two years ago, cataracts. | 轻微震颤 两年前切除局限性黑色素瘤 有白内障 |
[02:46] | And he can’t breathe. | 而且他不能呼吸 |
[02:48] | Also, disregard the facial lacerations. | 还不算脸部的伤痕 |
[02:50] | They’re creepy, but unfortunately irrelevant. | 虽然很可怕 但与这次发病没关系 |
[02:54] | Don’t you wanna know why? | 不想知道原因吗? |
[02:55] | You have your cane. | 你用拐杖的原因 |
[02:56] | No, why the lacerations are creepy. | 不 是那些可怕伤痕的原因 |
[02:59] | He was about to dissect one of his lab rats when he collapsed. | 他晕倒的时候 在实验室里解剖大白鼠 |
[03:02] | The little vermin seized the day, so to speak, | 可以说 他整天弄老鼠 |
[03:04] | and went medieval on his ass. | 结果把自己给搭上去了 |
[03:08] | What? My fly open? | 怎么了? 我拉链开了? |
[03:10] | So, the pain’s returned? | 又开始疼了 |
[03:11] | There was no pain. He was unconscious. | 不疼 他没有意识了 |
[03:13] | I’m guessing because he wasn’t able to breathe. | 我想是因为他无法呼吸 |
[03:15] | We’re talking about you. | 我们是在说你 |
[03:16] | Obviously. I’m obviously not. | 明显是 但明显我不是 |
[03:19] | What is it with you people? | 你们这些人怎么了? 我不用拐杖 你们觉得惊讶 |
[03:21] | I don’t use the cane, you’re shocked. I use the cane… | – 我用了… – 我们只是关心你 |
[03:25] | Ezra Powell, on the other hand, is gonna die. | 而那个Ezra Powell都快死了 |
[03:28] | – The Ezra Powell? | 那个Ezra Powell? |
[03:29] | – The researcher? | 研究员? 写那本教材的? |
[03:33] | Wait. There’s actually another doctor you admire? | 等下 又一个你崇拜的医生? |
[03:35] | I admire lots of doctors. | 我崇拜很多医生的 |
[03:38] | Of course, most of them look a lot better in knee socks than Ezra Powell, | 当然了 他们穿起膝袜来 比Ezra Powell好看多了 |
[03:41] | but seeing as they can all breathe… | 他们呼吸正常 |
[03:42] | Oxygenation is through the floor | 基底被氧化 |
[03:44] | and lungs are full of fluid. | 肺部充满了积液 |
[03:45] | Gotta be his heart. | 应该是心脏 可能是淀粉样变性病 |
[03:51] | It’s not the lungs. The chest x-ray’s clean. | 不是肺 胸片没问题 |
[03:53] | So’s his EKG. It’s not his heart. | 心电图也好的 不是心脏 |
[03:55] | We’re being too nice. | 我们太友善了 |
[03:58] | Outside the hospital he can’t breathe. Inside the hospital he can, | 在医院外 他不能呼吸 医院里就行 |
[04:01] | because we help, | 因为我们帮了忙 |
[04:02] | at least enough to screw with our test results. | 足以干扰了检查结果 |
[04:04] | The source of the problem’s either in his heart or his lungs, | 问题的症结不是在心脏就是在肺 |
[04:07] | so all we gotta do is stop helping, | 要做的就是停止帮助 |
[04:10] | put a little pressure on him and see which gives out first. | 施加压力 看哪个先崩溃 |
[04:12] | At 71, we get his heart or lungs to give out, we might not get them to give in again. | 71岁 心或肺一旦衰竭 很难复苏 |
[04:16] | That’s why we’re gonna do it in a hospital. | 所以才要在医院进行 |
[04:18] | Put him on an inclined treadmill and do a stress EKG. | 让他在倾斜的踏机上运动 作压力心电图 |
[04:24] | So much for the admiration. | 所谓仰慕不过如此 |
[04:26] | Let’s get you started. | 开始吧 |
[04:29] | I’ll turn your oxygen up. | 把氧气调高 |
[04:33] | I… I worked with Williams on the first protocol for this machine. | 我和William研究过这机器 最早的医疗方案 |
[04:39] | Everyone still uses it. | 大家都还在用它 |
[04:41] | Except for Williams. | 除了Williams |
[04:42] | He died four years ago. | 他4年前去世了 |
[04:44] | I’m sorry. | 真遗憾 |
[04:46] | He was 84. | 享年84 |
[04:47] | He died parasailing. | 他死于帆伞运动 |
[04:51] | He was always an idiot. | 他一直是个傻瓜 |
[04:55] | You okay? | 你没事? |
[04:56] | Hah! | 哈 |
[04:57] | Hang in there. You know the protocol’s only a few minutes. | 坚持住 医疗方案只几分钟 |
[05:02] | His heart rate’s flat. | 心律平稳 |
[05:03] | If we don’t get it past 130, we’re not going to see anything. | 不超过130 就什么也观察不到 |
[05:05] | And if he falls and breaks a hip, we’re not going to see anything either. | 要是摔倒 折了髋 一样观察不到 |
[05:08] | Except an increase in our malpractice insurance. | 除了增加医疗失当保险费 |
[05:13] | I figured House might go back to the pills, but if he’s using his cane, he’s right back to where he was before. | 我料到House会再吃药片 可他又用拐杖了 回到之前 |
[05:19] | Maybe even worse. | 甚至更糟 |
[05:20] | Luckily, he’ll handle it in a stoic, grown-up fashion. | 幸好 他能像个成人 坦然接受 |
[05:23] | He’d never take it out on us. | 他永远不会对我们表现出来 |
[05:30] | I can’t. | 我不行了 |
[05:32] | I’ve got to stop. | 得停下 |
[05:34] | Just a little longer. | 再久一些 |
[05:40] | His heart rate’s only 90. | 心律才90 |
[05:42] | I’m going to increase the incline. | 把倾斜角加大 |
[05:47] | I’ve got to stop. | 非得停下了 |
[05:48] | I’ve got to get off. | 我要下来 |
[05:49] | You’re doing great. Just a little faster, okay? | 你做得很好 再快点怎样? |
[05:51] | I don’t need a cheerleader, I need oxygen. | 我可不要啦啦队长 要需要氧气 |
[05:56] | Stop. | 停 |
[05:57] | This isn’t working. | 不起作用 |
[06:03] | His heart rate barely got above 90. | 他的心律都没超90 |
[06:05] | He can’t breathe. There’s too much fluid in his lungs. | 他无法呼吸 肺里积液太多 |
[06:08] | Really? | 真的? |
[06:09] | He’s got fluid in his lungs? | 他肺里有积液? |
[06:11] | Whatever are we gonna do? | 该怎么办? |
[06:12] | Oh, yeah, now I remember. | 哦 记得了 |
[06:13] | Put him on a treadmill and run him like one of his rats on a wheel. | 让他在踏机上 像轮轴上的老鼠一样跑 |
[06:16] | He can’t run. He can hardly walk. | 他跑不起来 几乎不能走 |
[06:17] | That’s ’cause he’s not trying hard enough. | 那是因为他还不够努力 |
[06:19] | If he was, his heart rate would go up. | 如果加把劲 他的心率就会上升了 |
[06:20] | Exercising with a lung full of your own bodily fluids tends to hurt. | 肺里充满积液 运动起来会很疼 |
[06:23] | They don’t call it a stress test for nothing. | 叫做压力测试 不是没有缘由的 |
[06:25] | Do it again. | – 重新做测试 – 他快要溺弊了! |
[06:35] | I’m assuming this isn’t your idea of a long-term solution. | 我想这不是你的远期解决方案 |
[06:39] | We need to get rid of the fluid in your lungs, so you’ll be able to do the test. | 需要排掉你肺内的积水 才可以做测试 |
[06:42] | To see if it’s my heart or my lungs? | 看看问题出在我的心脏还是肺 |
[06:45] | Exactly. | 就是这样 |
[06:46] | My money’s on both. | 我这两样都花过钱了 |
[06:48] | I’ve been in and out of the hospital for the past year. | 过去几年 我一直进进出出医院 |
[06:52] | I’m old. I’m sick. | 我又老又病 |
[06:54] | And I’m getting older and sicker. | 变得更老 病得更重 |
[06:56] | Not a very interesting differential but… | 不是非常有趣的鉴别诊断 但是–哦 |
[07:01] | I’m in. | 进去了 |
[07:11] | You don’t need a $400 handbag. | 你不需要一个400刀的手提包 |
[07:14] | It’s kinda hard to check your throat when you’re flapping your gums around. | 这样查你的喉咙有点难 如果你的牙床上下翻滚 |
[07:17] | Sorry. | 哦 不好意思 |
[07:18] | But it’s for the fall formal. | 但是为了秋季社交活动 |
[07:21] | He doesn’t care if it’s for the Presidential Inauguration. | 他不会在乎 就算是为了总统就职典礼 |
[07:23] | But I’m using Marissa’a old dress. It’s free. | 但是我穿Merissa的旧裙子 这不花钱 |
[07:26] | You know what else is free? | 你知道还有什么是不花钱的? |
[07:28] | The roof over your head, the food you eat, your phone, your computer. | 你头上的屋顶 吃的东西 你的电话 电脑 |
[07:32] | How long have you been congested? | 你已经这样充血了多久? |
[07:33] | All week, ever since we got back from Fresno. | 一周 自从弗雷斯诺(加州中部城市)回来 |
[07:35] | Fresno? | 弗雷斯诺? |
[07:36] | That’s in France, right? | 是在法国 对么? |
[07:37] | See the Parthenon? | 看见帕特农神庙了么? |
[07:39] | California. | 在加州 |
[07:41] | I’ve got no appetite, I’m aching all over, I’m weak. | 我没有胃口 全身都痛 虚弱 |
[07:44] | – Does that hurt? | 这样痛么? |
[07:45] | – Oh, yeah. | 哦 是的 |
[07:47] | Does his voice always have that unattractive nasal tone? | 他说话总有这种不讨人喜欢的鼻音么? |
[07:51] | Totally. | 完全正确 |
[07:54] | I’m gonna take that giggle as a “no”. | 你这么笑 我当成不 |
[07:57] | Fever, aches, weakness, loss of appetite. | 发烧 疼痛 虚弱 厌食 |
[07:59] | You been having an anal sex with IV drug users lately? | 最近有和静脉注射毒品的人有肛交么? |
[08:02] | Of course not. I’m married. | 当然没有 我结婚了 |
[08:04] | You think she might have been having… No! | 你觉得她有没有可能– 没有! |
[08:08] | Probably a rhinovirus. | 很可能是鼻病毒 |
[08:10] | What’s that? | 这是什么? |
[08:11] | A cold. | 感冒 |
[08:13] | Take this four times a day, and stay off airplanes. | 一天服用四次 离飞机远点 |
[08:17] | They’re flying cesspools. Oops! | 那是会飞的污水坑 |
[08:23] | You dropped something. | 你掉东西了 |
[08:26] | If there’s anything else you can think of, please call. | 想到什么 打电话给我 |
[08:32] | – Yes? | 怎么了? |
[08:33] | – He’s too old and weak. | 他太老 病重 |
[08:45] | Yeah, this is way better. | 这个好 好太多了 |
[08:47] | This’ll work. | 行得通 |
[08:48] | Just try. | 加把劲 |
[08:50] | There are 20 words to describe chest pain. | 有20个词可以描述胸痛 |
[08:54] | Burning, squeezing, stabbing, tearing… | 烧灼痛 压榨感 刺痛 撕裂感 |
[08:58] | Each one diagnostically useful. | 每一种在诊断上都有用 |
[09:01] | For that, you have to thank Dr. Powell’s textbook. | 因此 你们得感谢Powell医生写的课本 |
[09:04] | But there are no words to describe degrees of what he’s feeling right now. | 但没有词语能描述他此刻所感受到疼痛– |
[09:08] | Shortness of breath. | 气喘 |
[09:10] | If he had worked on those issues, there would be. | 如果是他来研究这些课题 就会有的词 |
[09:14] | He never would have given up until he had an answer. | 如果没有答案他永远不会放弃 |
[09:16] | This isn’t working. | 这不起作用 |
[09:22] | Dr. House… | House医生 |
[09:23] | Please don’t get up. | 请别起来 |
[09:24] | I’m sure you’re very busy, I’m just gonna try and speed things up a little. | 你肯定很忙 我只是帮你加点速 |
[09:29] | Is that epi? That’s not the protocol. | 是肾上腺素么? 这不在治疗方案内 |
[09:31] | No. The protocol is what you tried to do and failed each time. | 不是 你遵循治疗方案 都失败了 |
[09:40] | Over 100. | 心率超过100 |
[09:41] | Now we’re getting somewhere. | 现在我们有进展了 |
[09:42] | How does it look, Foreman? | 显示如何 foreman? |
[09:44] | No EKG changes. | 心电图没有变化 |
[09:47] | Then we push harder. | 更猛一些吧 |
[09:48] | House, you’re gonna kill him. | House 你会杀了他的 |
[09:49] | No, he’s right. | 不 他是对的! |
[09:51] | Let him do it. | 让他这样做 |
[09:52] | See? That’s why he doesn’t have to wear knee socks. | 瞧见了? 这就是他为什么不需要穿中统袜 |
[09:55] | He can’t breathe. | 他无法呼吸了 |
[10:00] | 130, | 心率130 |
[10:02] | our magic number. | 这是魔力数字 |
[10:04] | Nothing here. | 这里没看头 |
[10:05] | Foreman? Foreman? | |
[10:06] | Still no sign of blockage. | 仍然没有阻塞迹象 |
[10:09] | Which means it’s not the heart. It must be the lungs. | 表示说问题不在心脏 那么肯定是在肺部了 |
[10:14] | See, that wasn’t so hard, was it? | 瞧见了? 没有那么难 不是么? |
[10:18] | No. | 不! |
[10:19] | Just give me the rest of the epinephrine. | 给我补上余下的肾上腺素 |
[10:21] | The test is over. It’s okay. We’re going to stabilize you. | 测试结束 没问题 让你稳定下来 |
[10:23] | No. | 不! |
[10:25] | No, just let me die. | 不 就让我死去 |
[10:28] | You’re not gonna die. | 你不会死的 |
[10:29] | Yes, I am. | 不 我会的 |
[10:31] | We’ll find a treatment. | 会找到治疗方法的 |
[10:33] | I don’t want to live like this. | 我不要像这样活着 |
[10:38] | Please, | 求你了 |
[10:39] | I’m begging you. | 我求你了 |
[10:42] | Kill me. | 杀了我 |
[10:50] | He says no more tests. He wants to die and he wants us to help him do it. | 他不要再检查 他要我们帮他死去 |
[10:53] | And I wanna play a little game I like to call Block My Spike with Misty May. | 我要玩个小游戏 叫作 与米斯蒂·梅防守扣球 (排球名将) |
[10:57] | He’s thought this through. It’s not an impulsive decision. | 他经过深思熟虑 这不是冲动的决定. |
[10:59] | Neither is mine. | 我的也不是 |
[11:00] | He’s depressed. | 他心情抑郁 |
[11:01] | He’ll feel much better after we cure him. | 治好以后 就会感觉好多了 |
[11:03] | He’s seen all the tests we’ve seen. | 他和我们都目睹了检查 |
[11:04] | Even if we figure out what’s causing the lung damage, it’s too late to reverse it. | 即使搞清了引起肺损伤的原因 要扭转病情也太迟了 |
[11:08] | You can’t know that without knowing what’s wrong. | 不知道问题所在 说不准的 |
[11:10] | It’s his call. | 他有权决定 |
[11:12] | … | 把一个塑料袋罩在他头上来结果..? |
[11:14] | No, we give him a syringe full of morphine. | 不 给他满满一针的吗啡 |
[11:19] | Every doctor I’ve ever practiced with has done it. | 我共事过的每个医生都曾做过 |
[11:22] | They don’t want to, they don’t like to, | 他们不想 也不喜欢这么做 但行医就是如此 |
[11:24] | – but that’s the way it is. – I haven’t. | 我没有过 我不会的 |
[11:27] | I won’t. | 你刚刚说过 要尊重他的决定 |
[11:29] | Respect it doesn’t necessarily mean we honor it. | 尊重决定不意味着我们赞同它 |
[11:32] | Right. It just means we talk about it. | 意味着讨论一下 是啊 |
[11:34] | At some point, “do no harm” has to mean allowing nature to take its course, | 在某种意义上 “不伤害”意味着顺其自然 |
[11:38] | not stubbornly standing in the way of it. | 而不是顽固的从中阻拦 |
[11:40] | Sticking a metal syringe into a plastic IV line and pumping in a lethal dose of morphine | 把金属针头插进静脉输液管 注入致命剂量的吗啡 |
[11:44] | is not letting nature take its course, | 不叫作顺其自然 |
[11:47] | not according to the State of New Jersey. | 按照新泽西州的规矩 也不是 |
[11:48] | So it’s better we allow him to slowly suffocate in his own plasma? | 让他在积液中慢慢窒息 会更好些? |
[11:51] | Whose side are you on, Senator? | 你到底站在谁那边 参议员? |
[11:53] | First respect his wishes, then invade Iraq, then get the troops home. | 开始是尊重他的意愿 一会入侵伊拉克 一会又撤军回国… |
[11:56] | – Make up your mind. – Wow. | 下定决心 |
[11:59] | There’s certainly a lot of interesting things to consider. | 当然有很多有趣的事情要考虑 |
[12:01] | The stress EKG rules out the heart, | 心电图排除了心脏的可能 |
[12:04] | which means something’s gotta be attacking his lungs. | 意味着有东西侵袭了他的肺部 |
[12:06] | Could be mycoplasma or Strep pneumo, | 支原体肺炎或链球菌肺炎 |
[12:08] | which probably means it’s too late to do anything about it. | 问题是 做什么都已经太晚了 |
[12:11] | We could try levofloxacin. | 可以试试左氧氟沙星 |
[12:13] | Coming up with a new treatment isn’t gonna do us any good unless we convince him it’s worth trying. | 除非说服他值得试一试 否则想新的治疗方案毫无用处 |
[12:18] | Come on. He’s old and sick and tiny. | 拜托 他又老 又病 又小个 |
[12:22] | And we can do whatever we want to him. | 可以对他为所欲为 |
[12:34] | What happened? | 发生了什么? |
[12:35] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:37] | He must have fallen out of bed and got the nasal cannula wrapped around his neck somehow. | 他肯定是掉下床了 把鼻套管勒在脖子上 |
[12:41] | Ezra, what are you doing? | Ezra 你在做什么? |
[12:43] | I don’t want to live hooked to machines, | 我不要接在机器上活下去 |
[12:46] | too weak to wipe my own ass. | 太–太过虚弱不能自理屎尿 |
[12:48] | Why would you want to wipe your own ass when you could have someone do it for you? | 你为什么要自理屎尿 如果有人看护 |
[12:51] | You’re wasting your time. | 你在浪费时间 |
[12:53] | There must be other patients you could actually help. | 肯定还有其他的病人 你真的可以帮助 |
[12:55] | All services rendered on a first come, first served basis. | 不 所有的服务都是先到先得 |
[12:59] | I won’t consent to any more tests. | 我不会同意再做任何测试 |
[13:03] | And if anyone tries to so much as touch me, I’ll press charges for assault. | 如果有人要碰我 我会控诉被袭 |
[13:11] | You heard the man. | 好吧 都听到了 |
[13:12] | He wants everyone to leave him alone. | 他不人要管他 |
[13:15] | Why don’t you go first? | 你为什么不先走? |
[13:18] | Get out! | 出去! |
[13:28] | You came to me. | 你来求医的 |
[13:29] | I didn’t come to you. | 不是我来找你的 |
[13:31] | I figured you’d have the guts to do what had to be done if it came to that. | 我想时机到了 你有胆量去做的 |
[13:36] | We’re nowhere near that. | 离这个还很远 |
[13:38] | It’s time to test your lungs. | 该检查你肺部了 |
[13:45] | Breathe! | 呼吸 |
[13:46] | You’re gonna have to exhale sometime. | 你总会要呼气的 |
[13:49] | You’re hurting him | House 你弄疼他了 |
[13:50] | You’re hurting me. | 你弄疼我了 |
[13:56] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[13:57] | If you don’t help us, we don’t help you. | 你不想帮我们 我们也帮不了你 |
[14:02] | Your lungs slowly fill with fluid. | 你的肺里慢慢充满积液 |
[14:04] | You gasp to catch every breath, but never can. | 你想喘过气来 但做不到 |
[14:08] | Every breath is petrifying. | 呼吸越来越费力 |
[14:10] | It’ll be slow, painful, torturous. | 缓慢 痛苦 充满折磨 |
[14:16] | We don’t choose our birth. | 我们不能选择出生 |
[14:19] | And we don’t choose our death. | 也不能选择死亡 |
[14:23] | What if you could? | 如果可以如何? |
[14:25] | How about we make a deal? | 做个交易怎么样? |
[14:28] | Give me one more day. | 你再多给我一天 |
[14:30] | If I don’t find out exactly what’s wrong with you by then, – I’ll help you die. | 到时如果没能找出你的问题 我帮你结束生命 |
[14:36] | House – House. | |
[14:39] | Twenty-four hours. | 24小时 |
[14:42] | Come on, it’s not gonna kill you. | 拜托 又不会要你的命 |
[14:52] | Old guy, lungs, fluid. Go. | 老家伙 肺部 积液 开工 |
[14:55] | You cannot help him kill himself. | 你不能帮助他自杀 |
[14:59] | – Cuddy is not gonna let you. | Cuddy不会让你这么做的 |
[15:00] | – Enough! | 够了! |
[15:01] | You don’t want me to kill him. Fine. | 你不想要我结果他 好的 |
[15:03] | Here’s a big shock. | 吓你一跳 |
[15:04] | I don’t want to kill him either. | 我也不想杀死他 |
[15:05] | How do I not kill him? | 我怎么能不杀死他? |
[15:06] | By you guys doing your job. | 就你们这水平? |
[15:08] | We have 24 hours to figure out what’s wrong with him. | 有24小时来搞清楚 他出了什么问题 |
[15:13] | … | 我来培养细菌 若是肺炎 |
[15:15] | … | 血液里应感染细菌 |
[15:16] | That’s gonna take longer than 24 hours. | 24小时不够 |
[15:17] | Not if I spin down the sample. | 离心样本就够 |
[15:19] | Separate off the buffy coat, then Gram stain for bacteria. | 分离血沉棕黄层 对细菌作革兰氏染色 |
[15:22] | Great. Do an amylase, D-dimer, C-reactive peptide, get a urine, and do a bronchial sputum while you’re at it. | 好 做淀粉酶 D二聚体 C反应蛋白检测尿 和支气管痰液检查 |
[15:29] | And you, check his home and lab for radiation and toxins. | 你检查他家里和实验室 辐射和毒物源头 |
[15:33] | … | 24小时内完成? |
[15:34] | Whatever you don’t get done, you can finish at the autopsy. | 不急 做不完就等 尸体解剖的时候做 |
[16:52] | Wow. You guys look like crap. | 哇 你们看起来真糟 |
[16:56] | – What have you got? | 有什么结果? |
[16:57] | – Purple dye on my fingers. | 手被染成紫色了 |
[16:59] | – What did the bone marrow biopsy show? | 骨髓活检有什么结果? |
[17:00] | – I don’t have the results. | 没有结果 |
[17:01] | What? | 什么? |
[17:02] | What have you been doing all night? | 你们整个晚上都在干什么? |
[17:03] | Jell-O shots and wild sex, what else? | 豪饮狂欢罢了 |
[17:05] | There’s no bacteria in the blood cultures. | 血液培养基中没有细菌 |
[17:07] | We still have some cooking, but so far, | 有些还在热处理, 但目前… |
[17:09] | nothing. | 没发现 |
[17:10] | Nothing in the urine. | 尿液也没有发现 |
[17:11] | Lab was clean enough to do surgery in, because, well, they do. | 实验室干净得可以做手术 确实也做手术 |
[17:14] | And there was no sign of viruses or fleas on any of the rats. | 老鼠身上也没发现病毒或跳蚤 |
[17:17] | Yeah. | 是么? |
[17:20] | Who? | 谁? |
[17:22] | Tell her to call the clinic. | 让她打给诊所 |
[17:24] | Then tell her to leave a message and I’ll get back to her. | 让她留个口讯 我稍候联系她 |
[17:27] | Then tell her to leave a personal message. | 留个私人口讯 |
[17:30] | – Who’s that? | 是谁? |
[17:31] | – That’s your protégé. | 你要保护的人 |
[17:32] | What are these? | 这是什么? |
[17:34] | Dictation tapes. He records everything. | 口述录音带 他什么都录音 |
[17:36] | Why? | 为什么? |
[17:36] | Because he’s a diligent researcher? | 因为他是个勤奋的研究员? |
[17:38] | Or he’s losing his memory. | 或许他记忆衰退 |
[17:40] | A lot of people dictate their notes. | 很多人录音笔记 |
[17:41] | Yes, we could assume that and we’d have nothing. | 如果认为是这样 就一无所获 |
[17:44] | Or we could assume it’s a symptom, in which case whatever’s in his lungs is also in his brain, | 如果把这看作是疾病症状 同时影响了他的肺和脑 |
[17:49] | unless you’ve got something more promising. | 除非你查到更有突破性的 |
[17:51] | I’ll go get an MRI of his head. | 我去给他头作核磁共振成像 |
[17:52] | Keep testing till you find something. | 继续检查 直到有发现 |
[17:54] | I’m going to my office to rest for a while. | 我去办公室休息一会 |
[17:59] | It’s been a long time since I took an anatomy class, | 我很长时间没上解剖学课了 |
[18:03] | but I’m pretty sure you’re moving farther and farther away from my lungs. | 但我肯定 你们的检查越来越远离肺了 |
[18:07] | Running out of places to look, aren’t you? | 转到其它地方察看 |
[18:10] | It doesn’t mean we’re gonna stop looking. | 我们不会停止寻找 |
[18:11] | Oh, no. Not for six more hours. | 在六个小时内不会 |
[18:14] | – Do you want us to fail? | 你希望我们失败? |
[18:15] | – No. | 不 |
[18:17] | But you will. | 但你们会失败 |
[18:28] | No abnormal nuclei means no leukemia. | 细胞核无异常 不是白血病 |
[18:31] | He a drinker? | 他喝酒? |
[18:32] | Not according to the history. | 根据病史 不喝酒 |
[18:33] | Which means yes, he drinks, which gives us a nice mundane explanation for the acellularity. | 要么他喝酒 一个现成好理由 能解释这些非细胞形态 |
[18:37] | Or he’s telling the truth, | 也许他说的是真话 |
[18:39] | which means fungus is still on the table. | 还剩下真菌感染没排除 |
[18:41] | But your entire view of human nature gets destroyed. | 那你对人性的认识就被摧毁了 |
[18:43] | Six of one, half a dozen of the other. | 好坏参半 |
[18:48] | Bad news fast. | 坏消息来得快 |
[18:49] | Good news, you can take your time. | 好消息 则花多点时间 |
[18:50] | Head’s clean. You were wrong. His faculties are intact. | 头没事 你错了 他的大脑能力没受损 |
[18:53] | Too bad. If his brain was addled, | 太糟了 |
[18:54] | we wouldn’t have to listen to anything he says. | 要是他脑子坏了 就不用听他的了 |
[18:57] | Hand me the 10 percent KOH. | 给我10%的KOH |
[18:58] | It’s 4:00. We have nothing to tell him. | 4点了 没查出病因 |
[19:00] | Then we have no reason to talk to him. | 就不用跟他谈了 |
[19:02] | We still haven’t ruled out fungus. | 还没有排除真菌 |
[19:03] | Yeah, we have. No bugs, no hyphae. | 排除了 没有病菌 没有菌丝 |
[19:09] | Okay. Next procedure. | 好 下一步 |
[19:12] | We sneak in, turn back the clock. | 偷偷溜进去 把钟往回拨 |
[19:20] | Whole team. | 整队人 |
[19:22] | Must be bad news. | 肯定是坏消息 |
[19:24] | Nope. Your bone marrow biopsy revealed multiple myeloma. | 不 骨髓活检显示是多样骨髓瘤 |
[19:29] | It’s not good news, but there are some treatments. | 虽不是好消息 至少有的治 |
[19:32] | – I need to draw some blood. | 得抽点血 |
[19:33] | – What about my breathing? | 我的呼吸呢? |
[19:35] | Associated hyper-viscosity syndrome gummed up the blood vessels in your lungs. | 并发的高粘稠度综合症破坏了肺部的血管 |
[19:39] | Dr. Chase said my calcium is normal. | Chase医生说我尿钙浓度正常 |
[19:43] | We call him Dr. Idiot. | 我们喊他蠢蛋医生 |
[19:46] | There’s no M protein in my urine. | 尿里也没有单株球蛋白 |
[19:48] | Odd presentation. | 怪异的陈述 |
[19:50] | It’s so odd that Dr. Cameron doesn’t believe it either. | 更怪的是Cameron医生也不相信 |
[19:59] | Just give me 12 more hours. | 再给我12个小时 |
[20:00] | We had a deal. | 我们说好的 |
[20:01] | No more tests. | 不再做检查了 |
[20:03] | Fair enough. | 很公平 |
[20:05] | Give me six more hours. | 再给我6个小时 |
[20:08] | Listen, there is no evidence that you are terminal. | 没有证据你已病入膏肓 |
[20:11] | You a man of your word or not? | 你信守诺言么? |
[20:13] | No, as a matter of fact, I’m not. | 不 事实上我并不 |
[20:14] | Fine. | 好 |
[20:16] | Then discharge me. | 让我出院 |
[20:19] | My lungs will slowly fill with fluid. | 我的肺会慢慢充溢液体 |
[20:22] | I’ll gasp to catch every breath, | 尽力呼吸 气喘不已 |
[20:25] | but never can. | 却不能够 |
[20:27] | Every breath will be petrifying. | 每次呼吸都困难重重 |
[20:29] | It’ll be slow, painful, torturous. | 漫长且饱受折磨 |
[20:35] | You really gonna let me die like that? | 你真想看我这么死 |
[21:16] | – Where are you going? | 你去哪里? |
[21:17] | – Nowhere. | 不去哪儿! |
[21:36] | Everybody who can walk should get out of here. | 能走的都出去 |
[21:40] | – You can’t do that. | 你不能这么做 |
[21:42] | – I can’t do what? | 不能做什么? |
[21:43] | Administer a prescription pain killer to a patient who’s in pain? | 给一个疼痛中的病人施处方止疼剂 |
[21:47] | Go. Make sure somebody sees you downstairs in the cafeteria. | 去 得保证有人在楼下餐厅看见你们 |
[21:51] | I can’t let you do this. | 不能让你这么做 |
[21:53] | Either I die in pain or I just die. | 我要么痛死 要么直接死 |
[21:57] | That’s what the argument is here. | 这是争论焦点 |
[22:00] | No. It’s about whether you die or we murder you. | 不 关系到你是自然死亡 还是被谋杀 |
[22:02] | What’s gonna happen here is that someone’s getting a buttload of morphine. | 这里会发生的 只是有人被打上一针吗啡 |
[22:07] | I’m not sure exactly who at this point. | 我不能确保是谁被打针 |
[22:26] | I can’t be a part of this. | 我不想参与 |
[22:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:58] | I always wondered exactly what was on the other side. | 我总是好奇 另一端是怎样 |
[23:04] | Nothing. | 什么也没有 |
[23:39] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[23:41] | Getting a laryngoscope. | 做喉镜 |
[23:47] | Don’t just stand there, help! | 别傻站着 帮忙 |
[23:48] | But you told him that… | – 但你告诉他 – 是 |
[23:49] | A little something I like to call a lie. | 我称其为谎言 |
[23:51] | It’s bad, I know, but it’s way further down the list than murder. | 很糟 但比谋杀要好得多 |
[24:03] | He’s unconscious. No more whining. | 无意识 再不反抗 |
[24:07] | We can keep testing him. | 继续作检查 |
[24:11] | Go get a ventilator. | 去拿个呼吸机 |
[24:13] | I’m not gonna do this all night. | 我不能整夜这样 |
[24:22] | We can legally assume that he’d consent to whatever a reasonable person would consent to. | 明智的人会同意 |
[24:27] | And a reasonable person would obviously consent to being put in a coma against their will just to satisfy your curiosity? | 有理智的人都会反对被置于昏迷 仅仅满足你的好奇心 |
[24:35] | I try to kill him, you’re mad. | 我要杀他 你气疯 |
[24:37] | I don’t kill him, you’re mad. | 我不杀他 你又气疯 |
[24:40] | Was he wearing a tux while | 你没看到他么? |
[24:41] | he was choking on his own plasma? | 难道他被自己的积液窒息时 还能衣冠楚楚 |
[24:45] | Keep doing the tests. | 继续检查 |
[24:46] | Take your time. | 抓紧时间 别出错 |
[24:49] | Do it right. | 去 |
[24:49] | Go! Get to work. | 开工 |
[24:52] | Wait! | 等等! |
[24:57] | Cameron, why did you do these cuts so far down on this MRI of his head? | Cameron 你做他头部核磁成像时 切口为什么这么低 |
[25:04] | You also caught the top of his lungs. | 你还拍到了他的肺 |
[25:06] | There’s scarring. | 有疤痕 |
[25:11] | You do know that you can’t really pierce me with your stares. | 你知道无法以眼杀人么? |
[25:13] | Lung scarring along with the bad bone marrow points to an autoimmune disease. | 肺部疤痕 加上不健康的骨髓 指向自身免疫性病 |
[25:17] | – Could be pulmonary fibrosis. | 可能是肺纤维化 |
[25:18] | – Or lupus. | 或是狼疮 |
[25:19] | He can kill himself after we get him better. | 我们治好他后 他可以自杀 |
[25:21] | Start him on an IVIG for the lupus and get a colonoscopy. | 注射静脉免疫球蛋白 再做个直肠镜 |
[25:24] | The lupus could be hiding there. | 狼疮可能藏在那里 |
[25:33] | I can’t do this. | 我不能这么做 |
[25:38] | Drama queen. | 戏剧女王 |
[25:41] | Descending colon’s clean. | 降结肠无异常 |
[25:44] | Moving into the sigmoid… | 移到乙状结肠 |
[25:47] | We sure could use a little more help around here. | 还需要帮手 |
[25:49] | She’s doing what she believes in. | 她依照信仰行事 |
[25:51] | Yeah, if she was acting on principle, she’d be in here trying to stop us. | 如果她有原则的话 应该阻止我们 |
[25:55] | All she’s doing is running away from the principle, so she won’t have to feel uncomfortable facing it. And if you were acting on principle, | 她只是逃离了原则 逃避直面时的不安 |
[26:00] | you would have called the cops when you thought House was killing the guy. | 你要是有原则 在认为House想杀他时 就该报警 |
[26:04] | – We better hurry up. – Why? | 你最好快点 |
[26:06] | ‘Cause I don’t think she’s gonna have a problem | 为什么? |
[26:07] | deciding what to tell Cuddy. | 我想她不会犹疑该怎么向Cuddy报告 |
[26:13] | 02 sats, 89 and dropping. | 氧饱和度89 还在降 |
[26:21] | I thought you were only supposed to put on a pound a week during your last trimester. | 我以为你在妊娠的前三个月 每星期只增重一磅 |
[26:25] | I’m not pregnant. | 我没有怀孕 |
[26:26] | I heard about your little stunt with Dr. Powell. | 我听说了你对Powell医生耍的花招 |
[26:29] | Not really a stunt. | 不算花招 |
[26:30] | More of a trick. A ruse, a hoodwink. | 只是个把戏 诡计 障眼法 |
[26:32] | – A lie. | 谎言 |
[26:33] | – Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:34] | Lying is sometimes good, right? | 说话也有好的 |
[26:36] | Like when you’re trying to teach someone a lesson about humility or something. | 比如 你想教人幽默 |
[26:40] | All I’m trying to do is save his life. | 或是像我 救人一命 |
[26:42] | He’s not gonna learn anything. | 他可学不到什么 |
[26:43] | I just thought the same principle might apply. | 我想原理是适用的 |
[26:45] | It does. | 是 |
[26:46] | I could have just let him die. | 我本可以让他死去 |
[26:48] | We’re not gonna get sued for keeping him alive. | 让他活着可不会被起诉 |
[26:51] | We could. | 也有可能 |
[26:51] | I completely disregarded his wishes. | 我们完全违反了他的意志 |
[26:53] | Do you want me to disagree with you? | 你要我反对你? |
[26:56] | You want me to yell at you? | 对你嚷嚷? |
[26:57] | It is comforting. | 那样或许舒服点 |
[26:58] | We’re doctors. | 我们是医生 |
[26:59] | We treat patients, we don’t kill them. | 治疗患者 不杀他们 |
[27:02] | How right you are, Dr. Cuddy! | 你说的真对 Cuddy医生! |
[27:04] | We also don’t pad our bills, swipe samples from the pharmacy, | 我们也不给自己开处方 不从配药处偷样品 |
[27:07] | or fantasize about the teenage daughters of our patients, either. | 也不对病人的女儿浮想联翩 |
[27:10] | True. It better be true, and you’re a pig. | 没错 最好是这样 你这头猪 |
[27:15] | I’m sorry about your leg. | 你腿这样 我很难过 |
[27:18] | Yeah. We really should spend some time talking about that. | 我们确实该花点时间谈谈这个 |
[27:21] | The IVIG made him worse. | 静脉免疫球蛋白让他情况更糟 |
[27:23] | 02 sats plummeted. | 氧饱和度直降 |
[27:26] | So we know it’s not lupus. | 可以肯定不是狼疮 |
[27:28] | What else could it be? | 还会是什么? |
[27:29] | Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. | 先天性肺纤维化 |
[27:32] | We’re gonna need an open lung biopsy to confirm. | 得做个开胸肺活检来确定 |
[27:36] | So now we’re gonna operate on the guy? | 要对他动手术? |
[27:38] | Well, unless you’ve invented a new way of doing an open lung biopsy. | 除非你发明了做开胸肺活检的新方法 |
[27:45] | When you searched Dr. Powell’s office, did you find a copy of the January 1967 Massachusetts Medical Journal? | 搜查Powell医生的办公室时 有没有发现1967年1月马萨诸塞州医刊 |
[27:51] | Why? | 什么? |
[27:52] | I just figured if you’re not doing any work, you might like something to pass the time. | 我想 你不工作的话 也得打发时间 |
[27:57] | The centerfold’s a killer. | 杂志插画能消磨时间 |
[28:13] | How’s your leg? | 你腿怎么样了? |
[28:14] | It hurts. | 疼 |
[28:16] | And it’s gonna keep on hurting. | 会继续疼 |
[28:17] | – You gonna keep on asking? | 你会一直问? |
[28:18] | – How’s Ezra Powell? | Ezra Powell怎么样了? |
[28:21] | Resting comfortably. | 安稳地休息 |
[28:23] | That’s not what Cameron says. | Cameron可不是这么说的 |
[28:25] | I hate practicing medicine in high school. | 我讨厌在高中行医 |
[28:27] | He’s not asking you to help him kill himself. | 他不是求你帮忙杀了他 |
[28:29] | He’s just asking for help. | 他只是求助 |
[28:31] | The disease will kill him. | 疾病会杀死了他 |
[28:32] | I know what he was asking for. | 我明白他要什么 |
[28:34] | I just said, “No.” | 我说了不 |
[28:35] | You’ve done it before, | 你以前做过 |
[28:36] | plenty of times. | 很多次 |
[28:37] | To patients that I knew were terminal. | 只对没得救的病人 |
[28:39] | Oh, give me a break. | 算了吧你 |
[28:40] | This has nothing to do with saving a life. | 这和拯救生命一点也不搭界 |
[28:43] | You just can’t bear the thought of a patient dying before you’ve been able to figure out why. | 你只是不能接受在病人死前 没弄明白病因 |
[28:46] | If we’re gonna keep refusing to cure patients just to rein in my ego, | 如果为了浇灭我的自负 就一直拒绝治疗病人 |
[28:50] | then we might start having a little problem in patient recruitment. | 那想吸收新病人 就有点困难了 |
[28:52] | Worried about meeting your one-patient-a-week quota? | 担心你一周一个门诊病人的限额? |
[28:56] | I’m a cripple, remember? | 我是个跛子 你没忘吧? |
[28:58] | Accommodations must be made. | 总得给我行些方便 |
[29:09] | Wedge of left lobe isolated, and removed. | 左肺叶锲状部被分离切除 |
[29:15] | Clamp. | 夹紧 |
[29:20] | Why’d you have me look up that article? | 你为什么让我去查那篇文章? |
[29:21] | Did you find it interesting? | 你没发现它很有意思吗? |
[29:23] | He injected newborn babies with radioactive agents just to see if they had urethral reflux. | 他给新生婴儿注射放射性制剂 只为看是否有尿道逆流 |
[29:27] | He was curious. | 他求知欲很强 |
[29:28] | He didn’t even tell their parents he was doing an experiment. | 他甚至没有告诉孩子的父母 他正在做的试验 |
[29:31] | He wasn’t doing anything his peers weren’t doing. | 他的同辈也是这么干的 |
[29:33] | His peers at Tuskegee and Willowbrook? | 塔斯基大学梅毒实验 和威路布鲁克肺炎菌实验中的同辈? |
[29:35] | He ignored the rights of a few to save many. | 他无视了少数人的权利来拯救更多人 |
[29:38] | So you’re okay with what he did? | 你不反对他所做的? |
[29:40] | It doesn’t matter what I think. | 我怎么想没用 |
[29:42] | It’s what you think that’s relevant. | 你怎么想才重要 |
[29:44] | Because if I think less of him, I’ll help you more? | 你以为我看低他 就会帮你是不是? |
[29:51] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[29:53] | The fact that a patient did bad things doesn’t change anything. | 即使一个病人在外面做了坏事 |
[29:55] | He still deserves to have some control over his own body. | 对自己的身体仍然有支配的权利 |
[29:58] | If he had control over his own body, he’d be dead. | 如果由他支配自己的身体 他就会死 |
[30:01] | Some control. | 我说的是某种程度的支配 |
[30:02] | We can withhold treatment without killing him. | 可以保守治疗 不害死他 |
[30:04] | No, you can’t! | 不 不行! |
[30:07] | You either help him live or you help him die. | 要么帮他生 要么帮他死 |
[30:09] | You can’t have it both ways. | 难以两全 |
[30:16] | Well, I guess it’s not IPF. | 我猜不是特发性肺纤维化 |
[30:20] | Maybe he’ll die right now, make everything easy for all of us. | 也许他马上死掉 会让大家轻松点 |
[30:29] | – Heart rate’s fast. | 心率过快 |
[30:30] | – BP’s low. | 血压过低 |
[30:34] | No breath sounds on the right side. | 右边听不到呼吸声 |
[30:35] | He’s dropped his right lung. | 他右肺失去功能了 |
[30:36] | Air’s building up in his chest, compressing his heart. | 空气堵塞胸腔 挤压心脏 |
[30:52] | Heart rate’s decreasing. | 心率正在下降 |
[30:53] | BP’s stabilizing. | 血压稳定 |
[31:16] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[31:23] | He withdraws from pain stimuli on the left side but not the right. | 左半边对疼痛刺激有退缩反应 但右半边没有 |
[31:27] | Those are just reflex arcs. | 那些只是由反射弧起作用 |
[31:29] | He’s under anesthesia. | 他现在在麻醉状态下 |
[31:30] | Or he’s lost sensation in some places. | 可能他某处失去知觉了 |
[31:32] | Or the hypoxia from the arrest stunned his CNS. | 或者是缺氧导致他中枢神经麻痹 |
[31:35] | Only one way to tell. | 只有一种可能 |
[31:36] | Do somatosensory evoked potentials. | 做体感诱发电位 |
[31:38] | We can’t do that while he’s in a coma. | 他在昏迷中 不能做那个 |
[31:41] | Only two ways to tell. | 只有两个办法 |
[31:42] | Get a hammer and check his deep tendon reflexes. | 找把锤子来测试他的深层肌腱反射 |
[31:44] | It won’t work. | 不会有用 |
[31:45] | He needs muscle relaxants to be on the ventilator. | 他需要肌肉松弛剂 才可以使用呼吸机 |
[31:48] | Only one more way to tell. | 那么只有一条办法了 |
[31:49] | Pupillary reflexes. | 瞳孔反射 |
[31:50] | – All that tests is the brain stem. | 那些测试都是由脑干决定的 |
[31:52] | – See, I was right. | 瞧 还是我对的 |
[31:53] | Only one way to tell. | 只有一个办法 |
[31:54] | Do somatosensory evoked potentials. | 做体感诱发电位 |
[31:55] | I just said, we can’t do that while he’s in a coma. | 当他处在昏迷中 做不了 |
[31:58] | So wake him up. | 那么把他叫醒 |
[32:13] | Don’t go towards the light. | 不要朝有光的地方走 |
[32:18] | You’ll fall and break your hip. | 否则会摔断你的髋骨 |
[32:44] | What’s happening? I… | 发生什么了? |
[32:49] | You took a little nap. | 你打了个盹 |
[32:52] | I thought I told you I didn’t want… | 我告诉过我不想– |
[32:56] | Sorry. A little deaf in one ear. | 对不起 我有只耳朵有点聋 |
[32:59] | Your bone marrow is hypocellular. | 你的骨髓细胞减少 |
[33:01] | We’ve ruled out lupus and pulmonary fibrosis. | 排除了狼疮和肺部纤维化的可能性 |
[33:04] | But it looks like it could be attacking your nerves. | 但是可能攻击到你的神经 |
[33:07] | So this is all a waste? | 这么看来全白干了 |
[33:10] | A huge failure? | 巨大的失败 |
[33:13] | Impossible. | 怎么可能 |
[33:15] | You’re Gregory House. | 你是Gregory House |
[33:17] | We need to attach some sensors to your skin. | 得在你皮肤上帖些传感器 |
[33:19] | No. | 不 |
[33:20] | Look, we can’t do what you want. | 听着 我们不能按你想的去做 |
[33:22] | We’ve assigned a nurse to watch you, so you can’t do it either. | 安排了一名护士盯着你 所以你自己也不行 |
[33:25] | So you might as well just let us do the test. | 所以你最好老老实实做检测 |
[33:27] | No. I want to be discharged. | 不 我要出院 |
[33:28] | You can’t be discharged. | 你不能出院 |
[33:30] | You’ve got two chest tubes in. | 你胸腔里还插了两根管子 |
[33:31] | Then take them out! | 那就把它们拿出来 |
[33:33] | Oh, get over yourself. | 省省吧你 |
[33:35] | The ventilator puffed up your lungs. | 呼吸机让你肺部鼓起 |
[33:36] | You’ll be fine for a few hours. | 再过几个小时 你就好了 |
[33:37] | Just let us run the tests. | 只要让我们做些检测 |
[33:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:45] | But first, let’s clean you up a little. | 但是先把你清理干净一点 |
[33:50] | – What… | 什–什么? |
[33:51] | – Does that feel nice? | 感觉不错吧? |
[33:52] | – What are you trying to prove? | 你想证明什么? |
[33:53] | – Just cleaning him up. | 只是把他清理干净 |
[33:54] | What does it look like? | 看起来像什么? |
[33:57] | Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. | 别管藏在床单后面的人 |
[34:04] | Get out! | 出去! |
[34:05] | Okay, I’m going already. | 好 我这就走 |
[34:08] | Can’t you see I’m a cripple? | 没看到我是个跛子吗? |
[34:12] | Okay, so you’ve got me curious. | 好了 你勾起我的好奇心了 |
[34:14] | I was right. | 我是对的 |
[34:15] | Whatever is attacking his lungs is attacking his nerves. | 攻击他肺的正攻击他的神经 |
[34:17] | And you got that by splashing ice water on him? | 你是从朝他身上泼冰水得出来的吗? |
[34:19] | No sensation in the left leg, abdomen, right arm. | 左腿 腹部 右臂没有知觉 |
[34:22] | Technology’s overrated. | 太高估科技的力量了 |
[34:23] | That means the clean MRI of his brain means it’s just affecting the peripheral nerves. | 核磁共振扫描无异常说明 影响的是外周神经 |
[34:27] | And bone marrow. | 还有骨髓 |
[34:28] | Kawasaki’s would explain the kidney failure. | 川崎病可以解释肾衰竭 |
[34:30] | – So would lymphoma. | 或者是淋巴瘤 |
[34:31] | – So would sarcoidosis. | 还有结节病 |
[34:32] | All potentially treatable. The question is which? | 都是可以治疗的 问题是究竟是哪个 |
[34:35] | We need to catch the little bastards in the act. | 得在下一幕中把混蛋揪出来 |
[34:38] | What’s the largest organ? | 人最大的器官是什么? |
[34:39] | – Skin. | 皮肤 |
[34:40] | – We need to get a piece. | 需要一小块 |
[34:42] | Sure. We’ll just wait until he leaves his room without his skin, sneak in and take a piece. | 只需等他丢下皮肤 离开房间 悄悄潜进去 偷一小块出来 |
[34:48] | I want you to get a skin sample for a biopsy. | 你去取一块皮肤做活检 |
[34:51] | And I want to get a foot massage from Johnny Damon. | 我去Johnny Damon那儿做个脚底按摩 |
[34:53] | Kawasaki’s disease, lymphoma, and sarcoidosis are all treatable. | 川崎病 淋巴瘤 结节病都是可以治疗的 |
[34:58] | And it could be a hundred other things that aren’t treatable. | 也有可能是另外一百种绝症 |
[35:00] | You have no idea. | 这你不知道 |
[35:01] | But you do. | 但你知道 |
[35:03] | – You know everything. | 你什么都知道 |
[35:04] | – I didn’t say that I… Exactly! | – 我没说我 – 一点没错! |
[35:07] | You can’t decide if we’re helping or hurting him. | 你无法判断是在帮他还是在害他 |
[35:09] | If it’s good or bad, | 他是好还是坏 |
[35:10] | or if you want paper, plastic, or a burlap sack. | 或者你想要纸袋 塑料袋 还是麻布口袋 |
[35:16] | Do your damn job. | 尽你该死的职吧 |
[35:20] | I’m not gonna lie to him. | 我不会骗他 |
[35:26] | Fine. Tell the truth. | 很好 去告诉他事实 |
[35:28] | Just get me a pound of flesh. | 别忘了给我留一磅肉 |
[35:38] | What do you want? | 你想要什么? |
[35:39] | House wants to biopsy your skin. He sent me to get it. | House想要活检你的皮肤 让我来取样 |
[35:41] | … | 呵 你就同意了 |
[35:47] | Which brings us to now. | 所以我们现在这样 |
[35:49] | I read some of your articles. | 我读了你的论文 |
[35:51] | There were a lot of them. | 有很多 |
[35:55] | 1967 Massachusetts Medical Journal. | 1967年 马萨诸塞州医学期刊 |
[35:59] | You radiated babies, just like that. | 你给婴儿给放射性药 诸如此类 |
[36:01] | No forms, no questions, nothing. | 没有表格 没有询问 什么都没有 |
[36:03] | Who knows how many cancers you caused? | 谁能知道你引发了多少癌症? |
[36:06] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:08] | But what I do know is, we discovered techniques that prevent fatal kidney failures in hundreds of thousands of other kids. | 我的确知道 发明了一项技术 防止了其他千万孩子得致命的肾衰竭 |
[36:15] | You’re not sorry. | 你一点不悔恨 |
[36:17] | I don’t regret what I did. | 我对做过的从不后悔 |
[36:19] | Informed consent, patient rights… Holds back research. | 病人的知情同意权阻碍了研究的发展 |
[36:29] | What the hell are you doing? | 你他妈在干什么? |
[36:30] | Informed consent is holding back our diagnosis. | 知情同意权也阻碍了我们的诊断 |
[36:34] | Good for you. | 做得好 |
[36:38] | Finally standing up for something. | 你终于有支持的观点了 |
[36:41] | Acting on what you believe. | 追随你的信念吧 |
[36:48] | Dr. House? | House医生? |
[36:49] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[36:50] | How are you? | 你好吗? |
[36:51] | Not as good as you think I am. | 不如你想象的那么好 |
[36:53] | Don’t worry, I’m not stalking you. | 别怕 我不是在跟踪你 |
[36:54] | My dad just lost his medicine. | 我老爸把他的药给丢了 |
[36:56] | I needed to come back for another prescription. | 只好再回来开份处方 |
[36:57] | Yeah, right. | 哦 是啊 |
[36:59] | He’s moving it on the street, isn’t he? | 他正在大街上朝这里走 是不是? |
[37:01] | Yeah, my dad, the meth kingpin. | 是的 我老爸 梅斯·金皮(毒品贩子) |
[37:06] | Why haven’t you returned any of my calls? | 你怎么一个电话都不回我? |
[37:10] | I plan to in | 我打算回的 |
[37:12] | a couple of years. | 在若干年后 |
[37:13] | I was just calling to say thank you and to tell you how impressed I was. | 我打电话只想说谢谢 还想告诉你 给我印象多深刻 |
[37:17] | You diagnosed my dad by just looking at him. | 你只是看看 就诊断出我老爸的病 |
[37:20] | I felt his glands, too. | 我还碰过他的腺体 |
[37:24] | Well, there’s my dad. I’ve got to go. | 噢 老爸来了 我得走了 |
[37:27] | Yeah, me, too. | 嗯 我也是 |
[37:28] | And, you really don’t have to wait a couple of years to return my calls. | 对了 你不必再等上几年才回我的电话 |
[37:32] | Just six months, | 只需6个月 |
[37:34] | till I turn 18. | 我就18岁了 |
[37:47] | It’s not Kawasaki’s either. | 也不是川崎病 |
[37:48] | What’s next? | 下一个是什么? |
[37:49] | Congo red. | 刚果红 |
[37:51] | Amyloidosis? | 淀粉样变性病? |
[37:52] | What the hell else would I mean by Congo red? | 我说刚果红 还会有别的意思吗? |
[37:54] | It’s not on the list. | 不在列表上 |
[37:55] | There’s no reason for it to be on the list. | 不可能在列表上 |
[37:57] | An abnormal protein is building up inside the cells of his body, | 变态蛋白在他身体的细胞内增长 |
[38:00] | shutting down his organs one by one. | 关闭器官功能 一个接一个 |
[38:02] | It explains everything. The infiltrates on the x-ray, the bone marrow, kidney failure. | 能解释所有 X射线下的渗透 骨髓 肾衰竭 |
[38:05] | We rejected amyloidosis because it didn’t fit the first symptom we found. | 排除淀粉样变性病 因为和第一症状不符 |
[38:09] | – It would affect his heart. | 应该会影响心脏 |
[38:10] | – It did. | 影响了 |
[38:10] | It wasn’t on the stress test. | 在压力测试中没反应出来 |
[38:11] | We didn’t push him hard enough. | 没有逼得更紧 |
[38:13] | Add the stain and let’s find out. | 加入染色剂 看个清楚 |
[38:17] | Congo red added. | 加入刚果红 |
[38:20] | Change the polarization of the light already. | 改变光偏振 |
[38:30] | That means it should be treatable. | 这是可以治疗的 |
[38:33] | How the hell did you pull that out of… | 你怎么想出来的 |
[38:34] | Not out of mine. I had a muse. | 不是我 我的缪斯女神 |
[38:39] | Oh, God. | 哦 天 |
[38:42] | Protein type AA. | 淀粉样A蛋白 |
[39:02] | Dr. House… You have amyloidosis. | – House医生 – 你得的是淀粉样变性病 |
[39:06] | It’s in your lungs, kidneys, bone marrow and brain. | 在你的肺 肾 骨髓 和脑中 |
[39:11] | Why should I believe you now? | 我现在能信你吗? |
[39:18] | If I was lying, I wouldn’t tell you the sub-type is AA. | 要是说谎 不会告诉你子类型是AA蛋白 |
[39:23] | It’s terminal. | 到晚期了 |
[39:27] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[39:31] | You got your answer. | 终于得到答案 |
[41:07] | Ezra Powell passed away last night. | Ezra Powell昨晚死了 |
[41:09] | I’m sure you already knew about that. | 我想你已经知道了吧 |
[41:12] | No, | 不 |
[41:13] | I just got in. | 我才进来 |
[41:14] | The nurse charted at 2:00 a.m. | 护士2点记录时 他还很稳定 |
[41:17] | He was stable, breathing labored but regular. | 呼吸吃力 尚规则 |
[41:18] | Then, at 2:30, he suddenly stopped. | 但2:30 他突然停止了 |
[41:20] | You know anything about that? | 你知道些什么? |
[41:22] | If I did, would you really want to know? | 我若知道 你想知道吗? |
[42:39] | I’m proud of you. | 我为你感到自豪 |