时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Adam, eyes here. | Adam 盯这里 |
[00:07] | Follow my finger. | 看我手指 |
[00:09] | Adam Adam, | |
[00:13] | show me | 指给我看… |
[00:14] | a bicycle. | 自行车 |
[00:20] | Eyes here. | 看这里 |
[00:27] | Adam Adam, | |
[00:29] | show me a bicycle. | 把自行车指出来 |
[00:48] | No, buddy, that’s a ball. | 不 那是球 |
[00:51] | Adam, look at me. | Adam 看我 |
[00:52] | Are you hungry? | 饿了? |
[00:54] | Show me what you want for lunch. | 指给我 午饭想吃什么? |
[01:14] | He’s still drawing those lines instead of looking at the cards. | 还是只顾画线 不看卡片 |
[01:21] | More juice? | 还要橙汁吗? |
[01:23] | If he wants more juice, he has to ask for it. | 如果他想喝橙汁 得说出来 |
[01:27] | Adam Adam, buddy, | |
[01:28] | eyes here. | 看这里 |
[01:29] | He’s tired, Dom. | 他累了 Dom |
[01:31] | He wouldn’t be if we stuck to the schedule. | 遵守时间表的话 本来不会 |
[01:34] | Show me the juice, buddy. | 指出橙汁 孩子 |
[01:37] | I think we’ve reached the point of diminishing returns. | 越来越没效果 |
[01:39] | He has to ask for it. | 他必须学会提要求 |
[01:40] | Adam Adam. | |
[01:43] | He’s choking. | 他呛到了 |
[01:46] | That’s impossible. It’s mac and cheese. | 不可能吧 只是汉堡奶酪 |
[02:27] | Ten-year-old boy who screams for his life for no reason. | 10岁的男孩 不明原因死命尖叫 |
[02:31] | He’s autistic. | 孤独症 |
[02:32] | Severely autistic. | 严重的孤独症 |
[02:34] | Can’t talk, can’t make eye contact. | 不说话 不作眼神交流 |
[02:36] | Screaming is probably his way of communicating. | 尖叫也许是他与人交流的方式 |
[02:39] | And he went to three different doctors who all said just that. | 看过的三个医生都那么说 |
[02:41] | So, clearly that can’t be the answer. | 明显不是这次病发原因 |
[02:44] | His brain can’t filter information. | 他的大脑不能过滤信息 |
[02:46] | It’s a constant assault on his senses. | 对他感官持续攻击 |
[02:48] | I’d scream, too. | 要是我也会尖叫 |
[02:49] | Or it’s something medical-sounding, like dysesthesia. | 或许有医学方面的解释 比如感觉迟钝 |
[02:53] | Parents are convinced that there’s something wrong with their son. | 家长确信儿子出了问题 |
[02:59] | Since when did we start believing parents? | 什么时候开始相信家长了 |
[03:00] | Or anyone? | 相信任何人? |
[03:01] | Where are we going? | 我们去哪? |
[03:03] | Elevator. | 搭电梯 |
[03:05] | Dad was on Wall Street, Mom was a partner in an accounting firm. | 爸爸以前在华尔街工作 妈妈是会计师事务所的合伙人 |
[03:08] | When their son was diagnosed with autism, they both quit. | 当孩子确诊孤独症后 就都辞职了 |
[03:10] | So they’re over-protective and scared. The more reason to discount… | 他们过度保护这孩子 所以害怕 |
[03:12] | They study this kid. | – 有理由排除 – 他们研究这孩子 |
[03:14] | Heard him scream a million times, but in ten years of caring for him, | 听过他尖叫无数次 |
[03:16] | this is the first time they’ve brought him to a hospital. | 十年来的看护 第一次带他来医院 |
[03:19] | ER checked his throat. No obstructions, nothing. | 急诊室查过咽喉 没有阻塞 正常 |
[03:22] | Which means the only symptom was a scream, which is diagnostic of nothing. | 意味着症状只有尖叫 无助于诊断 |
[03:25] | Kid clutched his chest, BP was elevated, maybe there was chest pain. | 孩子紧抓胸部 血压也上升 |
[03:27] | ER said | 也许是胸痛 |
[03:28] | the heart was fine. | 心脏检查显示正常 |
[03:30] | Don’t be so quick to dismiss pain. | 别这么快忽略疼痛 |
[03:32] | – Where are we going? | 到底去哪? |
[03:33] | – Down. | 下去 |
[03:34] | Stool sample to check for parasites, | 粪检 查寄生虫 |
[03:36] | blood culture to rule out infection, | 血常规 排除感染 |
[03:38] | and ANA for lupus. | 抗核抗体查狼疮 |
[03:41] | … | 可能是环境应激反应 |
[03:43] | An allergy. | 过敏症 |
[03:44] | Dust, wheat, pollen, | 灰尘 小麦 花粉 |
[03:45] | – a toxin or something he ate. – Check the house. And run a lung ventilation scan. | – 毒素 吃了什么… – 去他家 做肺通气扫描 |
[03:51] | Should we spend | 我昨晚跟人约会 |
[03:52] | a hundred thousand dollars testing her? | 也要花十万给她检查? |
[03:54] | Of course not. This isn’t a veterinary hospital. | 这里又不是动物医院 当然不用 |
[03:57] | Look, | 啸! |
[03:58] | if you don’t think this kid is worth saving. That’s not what I’m saying. | – 如果觉得这孩子不值得救 – 不是这个意思 |
[04:01] | That’s too bad. | 那可糟了 |
[04:02] | It was a good point. | 本是个好观点 |
[04:03] | Kid’s just a lump with tonsils. | 小孩不过是扁桃腺肿 |
[04:09] | I don’t envy you guys. | 你们有的受了 |
[04:13] | I want my old carpet back. | 我要原来的地毯 |
[04:18] | We’re going to have to do this later. | 稍后再谈吧 |
[04:19] | A kid | 有个孩子… |
[04:20] | in the clinic had an accident. | 在门诊部 出了事故 |
[04:23] | Generally, when people are on the phone. I want my old carpet back. | – 通常 别人打电话… – 要我原来的地毯 |
[04:28] | … | 是啊 我的血 |
[04:30] | … | 证明毯子是我一部分 |
[04:31] | I want it back. | 我想要回来 |
[04:32] | I want to be buried with it. | 死都要带着它 |
[04:33] | You think you can get me to do anything you want, regardless of how stupid it is? | 不管多愚蠢的事 你说 我就得做吗? |
[04:37] | It’s my office. | 是我的办公室! |
[04:39] | It’s where I work, where I think, | 我工作 思考 |
[04:40] | where I save lives, allowing you to brag to rich people, so they’ll give you more money to spend on MRIs and low-cut tops. | 救人的地方 你才能向有钱人吹嘘 好投资买MRI或低胸上衣 |
[04:47] | I want it back the way it was. | 我要原来的地毯 |
[04:49] | It’s identical to the old carpet. | 现在的跟原来一样 |
[04:52] | Except without the hazardous biological waste. | 除了有害的生物垃圾 |
[04:54] | I shall not return to my office until every patented, durable micro-fiber has been restored to its rightful place. | 我不会回去 直到每根经久耐用的纤维都归原位 |
[05:00] | Inspiring. | 激昂 |
[05:03] | If you don’t want to work in your office, work in the clinic. | 你不想在办公室工作 就在诊厅好了 |
[05:05] | If you don’t want to work in the clinic, go home. | 待不下去 就回家 |
[05:06] | And don’t get paid. | 没钱给你 |
[05:08] | Attica! Attica! Attica! Attica! Attica! | 阿提卡! (古希腊地区 实行民主政治) |
[05:17] | Attica? | 阿提卡? |
[05:22] | He just needs to finish this level. | 得过了这一关 |
[05:25] | We only have the scanner for the next half hour. | 只预定了扫描仪半个小时 |
[05:27] | – After that… – Trust me, | – 过时 – 信我 |
[05:29] | you don’t want to move him until he’s finished. | 他结束前 别想动他 |
[05:31] | The sooner we do this test, the sooner we can get you guys home. | 早点作检查 早点回家 |
[05:41] | Adam Adam, | |
[05:43] | do you think that… No. | 能不能– 不能 |
[05:48] | Ten minutes. Tops. | 十分钟 最多了 |
[05:50] | If he has a vascular disorder, he might not have. He might not have ten minutes? | – 如果他脉管紊乱 等不起 – 等不了10分钟? |
[05:56] | I don’t have ten minutes. | 我等不了十分钟 |
[05:58] | No! No! You don’t want to do that. | 不 你不要 |
[06:00] | Adam Adam? Adam? | |
[06:07] | I used Metamucil like the doctor told me and finally I was able to use the bathroom. | 遵医嘱 用了通便药 终于能上厕所 |
[06:13] | But I saw something in the toilet I couldn’t identify. | 在马桶里看到我认不出的 |
[06:18] | I wrapped it in tissue paper, so you could take a look. | 包在纸巾里 你能瞧一眼 |
[06:27] | Can’t you sedate him or something? | 能让他镇静吗? |
[06:29] | I could if I didn’t want the test results to mean anything. | 用镇静剂 检测结果就无用了 |
[06:47] | Painkillers, exercising, | 止痛剂 运动 |
[06:50] | we even did that puncture thing, | 甚至针灸 |
[06:52] | nothing works. Then this morning, I get up, my back feels great. | 都没用 可今早 起床背就不疼 |
[06:58] | I figured I’d better get down here, right away. | 我想得尽快来医院 |
[07:11] | Big shocker, Dad’s depressed. | 号外 爸爸抑郁 |
[07:15] | Wow. | 5-羟色胺摄取抑制不会引起胸痛 |
[07:21] | Every minute of every day is booked. | 每时每刻都安排好了 |
[07:23] | When he eats, sleeps, plays his handheld. | 什么时候吃 睡 玩掌机 |
[07:26] | Not much of a life for them. | 没剩下多少生活 |
[07:29] | … | 孩子什么样 没的选 |
[07:32] | Nobody chooses this. | 没人会选这种 |
[07:39] | It’s funny, | 有趣 |
[07:40] | you get a normal kid, the parent works. | 孩子健全 父母工作 |
[07:42] | You get a special kid that costs more, you quit and turn the backyard into a therapy circuit. | 孩子特殊 花钱多 父母放弃工作 回后院协助疗程 |
[07:47] | Yes, if only you were handicapped. | 羡慕残疾小孩 |
[07:50] | All the good times you could have had with Dad. | 能和爸爸共度美好时光 |
[08:08] | Hi, Doctor House. | House医生 |
[08:11] | Hello, girl whose name I don’t remember, but whose dad I treated, so I don’t really know why she’s here. | 叫不出名字的女孩 治好了她爸 为什么还来 |
[08:16] | Ali Ali. | |
[08:17] | I think I caught what my dad has. | 被老爸传染了 |
[08:20] | The rhino thing. | 鼻子毛病 |
[08:22] | Right. | 对了 |
[08:25] | Does that hurt? | 疼么? |
[08:27] | Little. | 有一点 |
[08:29] | It’s in my chest, too. | 胸部也有点 |
[08:31] | Of course it is. | 当然 |
[08:41] | Kind of had access through the shirt, | 隔着衣服也行 |
[08:45] | but this’ll work. | 但 这也行 |
[08:50] | That feels good. | 感觉真好 |
[08:53] | Exactly when did New Jersey run out of horny 17-year-old boys? | 新泽西什么时候短缺 17岁性冲动男生? |
[08:58] | About five weeks ago. | 大概五星期前 |
[09:00] | It’s been very lonely. The… | 非常寂寞 |
[09:12] | The ventilation scan was normal. | 通气扫描正常 |
[09:14] | Time to send him home. | 该送他回家了 |
[09:15] | Can’t leave right now. | 现在走不开 |
[09:17] | Well, congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[09:18] | You are the proud owner of your very own “rhino thing.” | 你骄傲地拥有鼻子里的东西 |
[09:20] | A rhinovirus? You can’t leave because she has a cold? | 鼻病毒- 走不开因为她感冒了? |
[09:23] | I can’t leave because Cuddy says I can’t leave. | 因为Cuddy说我不能走 |
[09:30] | All the tests are normal. | 所有检测正常 |
[09:32] | Okay, don’t start with me. | 别从我这开始 |
[09:33] | We’re backed up. | 我们有支援 |
[09:35] | I know this is hard for all of us, but thanks to Doctor Cuddy, | 这对大家来说都困难 归功于 |
[09:38] | I don’t have an office, | Cuddy 医生 我没办公室了 |
[09:39] | so I have to work here. | 不得不在这上班 |
[09:40] | What did she do to your office? | 她把你办公室怎么了? |
[09:41] | It’s unusable. | 没法用了 |
[09:43] | So whatever’s | 问题不在肺 |
[09:47] | bothering him, it wasn’t his lungs. | 找到些杀虫剂和酒精 但毒物检测阴性 |
[09:50] | Which means there’s nothing physically wrong with this kid. | 说明孩子身体没问题 |
[09:52] | We already had that discussion. | 那个已经讨论过了 |
[09:53] | We get a fecal smear? | 做粪便涂片了吗? |
[09:55] | Should we do this someplace else? | 是不是该换个地方? |
[09:57] | No, Cuddy says I have to work here. | 不 Cuddy说我得在这儿工作 |
[09:59] | No, I said you can work in your office, or you had to work here. | 不 我说的是 你要么在办公室工作 要么在这工作 |
[10:03] | And since I can’t work in my office… | 由于我不能在办公室工作… |
[10:05] | Is this your master plan? | 这就是你的高明规划吗? |
[10:08] | Disrupt hospital business until I replace your carpet? | 让医院陷入混乱 直到我更换你的地毯? |
[10:11] | Devious. | 迂回 |
[10:12] | Saw it in a James Bond movie. | 从James Bond(007)的电影里学来的 |
[10:14] | Fecal smear! | 粪便涂片! |
[10:16] | Talk to me. Get out of here. | – 跟我说 – 离开这里 |
[10:20] | Get out of here. | 离开这里! |
[10:20] | Fecal matter. | 粪便 |
[10:21] | Is there a sample we can look at? | 有样本看吗? |
[10:23] | The parents have a smear kit. | 父母有涂片样本 |
[10:24] | The kid is constipated. | 孩子便秘 |
[10:26] | Do what you want. | 你尽兴吧 |
[10:27] | Not replacing your carpet. | 就是不换地毯 |
[10:30] | Go up his rear and get a smear. | 抬起屁股 做涂片 |
[10:33] | Which reminds me, I kind of feel like a bagel. | 让我想吃面包圈了 |
[10:39] | Carpets. | 地毯 |
[10:43] | Need a stool sample. | 需要粪便样本 |
[10:47] | We should probably wait until he’s finished playing that level, huh? | 最好等他玩完那关 是不是? |
[10:51] | I actually think he’s a bit better today. | 说真的 他今天好些了 |
[10:53] | He seems more like his old self. | 恢复老样子 |
[10:55] | It’s possible that he was never sick. | 有可能根本没生病 |
[10:57] | I guess, we could’ve overreacted. | 我们可能反应过度了 |
[11:05] | – Adam? Adam? – Adam? Adam? | |
[11:15] | So what makes fluid fill the lining of a kid’s lungs? | 孩子的肺衬为什么充满积液? |
[11:19] | Why are we in here? | 我们为什么在这里? |
[11:20] | Is this some sort of power play? | 某种高压攻势么? |
[11:23] | … | 你手指戳孩子屁股 他就胸腔积液 |
[11:27] | Have you ever considered getting a manicure? | 指甲该剪了吧? |
[11:29] | I took the stool sample after his lungs failed. | 我在他肺部衰竭后 才取大便样 |
[11:33] | I said it was a power play. | – 改变让你抓狂 – 说了是高压攻势 |
[11:36] | If someone answers yes to option A, you don’t move on to option B. | 同意了选项A 就别考虑选项B |
[11:39] | If there’s a pleural effusion, we have to rule out heart failure. | 胸腔积液 得检查心脏是否衰竭 |
[11:42] | Why now? | 为什么现在? |
[11:42] | Why a power play now? | 为什么现在用高压攻势? |
[11:44] | I smelled weakness. | 我嗅到了软弱的气味 |
[11:46] | Get the kid an echocardiogram. | 给孩子做一个心回波图 |
[11:55] | That’s funny. | 有…意思 |
[11:56] | It says, “James Wilson.” That’s a strange typo. | 写着”james wilson” 诡异的错误 |
[12:00] | The fluid comes back and exudates, get him on broad spectrum antibiotics. | 如果积液是渗出液 用广谱抗生素 |
[12:07] | – Thank you for coming. | 谢谢光临 |
[12:08] | – No problem. | 不客气 |
[12:09] | Thought you wouldn’t mind sharing offices for a while. | 还以为你不介意 借用办公室一会儿 |
[12:12] | You share stories, feelings, | 分享故事 情感… |
[12:16] | toys, | 玩具 |
[12:17] | you don’t share offices. | 却不能分享办公室 |
[12:19] | That is so not Zen. | 这可不太有慧根 |
[12:22] | It was a gift. | 这是礼物 |
[12:24] | Some doctors get those. | 有些医生会得到这个 |
[12:25] | So, you want mornings or afternoons? | 你要早上还是晚上的办公室? |
[12:27] | You couldn’t make Cuddy miserable, so you’re going to make me miserable, | 你无法使cuddy痛苦 就使我痛苦 来让我帮你让cuddy痛苦? |
[12:34] | so I can make Cuddy miserable on your behalf? | 为什么觉得我能让她痛苦? |
[12:37] | … | 跟你比 小巫见大巫 |
[12:40] | … | 一个11岁的病人给我的礼物 |
[12:43] | She and I both knew it was a piece of junk, and that’s what made her laugh. | 我和她都觉得这是件没用的东西 能让她笑 |
[12:46] | So you gotta keep it until she… She already did. | – 所以你会留着 直到她 – 她已经走了 |
[13:00] | Adam Adam, | |
[13:01] | I need you to stay still, buddy. | 你要保持不动 伙计 |
[13:03] | It’s okay. It’s okay. I got him. | 没问题 我稳住他了 |
[13:08] | There we go. | 开始了 |
[13:10] | OK | 好的 |
[13:18] | What? | 怎么了? |
[13:19] | What is it? Is his heart okay? | 什么? 他的心脏没问题吧? |
[13:22] | No. | 有问题 |
[13:28] | Echo suggested a conduction abnormality, | 超声波显示传导异常 |
[13:30] | EKG confirmed it. | 心电图也证实了 |
[13:32] | Still doesn’t explain the effusion. | 还是解释不了渗出 |
[13:34] | The pleural fluid was an exudate. | 胸腔积液是渗出液 |
[13:36] | We should be looking for something that explains the heart and lung problems. | 该寻找能同时解释心脏和肺衰竭的病因 |
[13:39] | An infection, parasite, cancer. | 感染 寄生虫 癌症 |
[13:41] | Microbiology showed no organisms in the fluids, so forget infection. | 微生物检测积液中无有机生物 不是感染 |
[13:46] | It’s not a power play. | 这不是高压攻势 |
[13:50] | Doing a differential in the clinic makes sense, | 在门诊部会诊还讲得通 |
[13:52] | piss Cuddy off. | 惹cuddy生气 |
[13:53] | Same thing with Wilson’s office, | 在wilson的办公室也一样 |
[13:54] | works indirectly. | 间接起作用 |
[13:55] | But now we’re in office space | 但现在 我们在会议室 |
[13:58] | because you don’t want to be in your own office. | 因为你不想呆在自己的办公室 |
[14:01] | Which means this has nothing to do with Cuddy. | 就是说这和cuddy没关系 |
[14:03] | You really are obsessed with your carpets. | 你真的迷恋你的地毯 |
[14:06] | – Which means… – What are you doing here? | – 也就是 – 你们在这里做什么? |
[14:08] | I have this room booked from two to three. | 我在2:00到3:00预定了会议室 |
[14:11] | Two, East Coast Time? | 东部时间2点 |
[14:15] | I thought you meant Pacific. | 还以为你指太平洋时间 |
[14:17] | Which is | 就是… |
[14:18] | stupid of me, I guess. | 我真有点傻 |
[14:21] | What about parasites? | 寄生虫检测如何? |
[14:23] | Stool sample’s negative. | 大便采样显示为阴性 |
[14:26] | … | 好吧 我们该走了 |
[14:28] | … | 只剩下癌症 |
[14:32] | … | 做肺部活检 让小孩戴面罩 就得花半小时 |
[14:34] | I’m sorry. Was there somewhere you needed to be? | 你有别的地方要去吗? 真可怜 |
[14:42] | House House, | |
[14:43] | can we talk? | 可以谈谈么? |
[14:49] | – Carpet? – Never. | – 地毯? – 别想 |
[14:51] | Nothing to talk about. | 那没什么好谈的 |
[14:52] | Your girlfriend called the clinic 15 times, looking for you today. | 你女友今天打了15次门诊电话找你 |
[14:57] | Lot to discuss, | 很多要商量 |
[14:58] | china patterns… House. | – 瓷器花式 – house. |
[14:59] | She’s a stalker. | 她跟着你不放 |
[15:00] | Right. | 是的 |
[15:01] | Couldn’t be that she finds me interesting, | 就不能是她觉得我有趣 |
[15:02] | attractive, | 有吸引力 |
[15:03] | has to be that she’s insane. | 非得是她疯了 |
[15:04] | She’s called you 15 times. | 她找了你15次 |
[15:06] | Your mother’s not that interested in you. | 你母亲都不会对你那么感兴趣 |
[15:08] | Well maybe I’d be better adjusted if she was. | 要是她对我多关心 我现在会更好 |
[15:10] | – I’m notifying security. – Is this about the carpet? | – 已经通知保安了 – 和地毯有关么? |
[15:12] | Do you think I’ll back off if you block all my fun? | 夺走了我所有的乐子 我就会投降? |
[15:14] | You better not be having fun. | 你最好不要乐在其中 |
[15:17] | … | – 她很危险 – 她不危险 |
[15:19] | – She’s pretty. | 她很漂亮 |
[15:20] | – She’s pretty. | 她很漂亮 |
[15:20] | – Men are stupid. | 男人都是傻瓜 |
[15:22] | – I’m with you so far. | 到此为止 都同意你 |
[15:23] | I’m notifying security. | 我通知了保安 |
[15:24] | Give her a break. | 放她一马 |
[15:26] | She’s not dangerous, | 她不危险 她… |
[15:28] | she’s insightful. | 有眼光 |
[15:31] | You can’t stop our love! | 你不能阻止我们的爱! |
[15:39] | – Hey, you got a minute? | 你时间么? |
[15:40] | – Yeah. | 有 |
[15:41] | We have a ten-year-old with pleural effusion and conduction abnormality, but no heart failure. | 十岁的病童 胸腔积液 传导异常 心脏没有衰竭 |
[15:45] | Was there protein in the pleural fluid? | 胸膜液中含有蛋白质么? |
[15:47] | Yeah. That’s why we’re thinking cancer. | 有 猜可能是癌症 |
[15:49] | Non-Hodgkin’s probably. | 可能是非何杰金氏淋巴瘤 |
[15:50] | So we want to do a lung biopsy. | 要做一个肺部活检 |
[15:52] | Lung biopsies usually come back negative, | 肺活检结果通常都是阴性 |
[15:54] | so biopsy a lymph node under the arm. | 对臂下的淋巴结做活检 |
[15:56] | That’s probably something an oncologist should do, right? | 这正是肿瘤学家要做的 对么? |
[15:59] | There’s nothing real tricky to it. | 没什么棘手 |
[16:00] | It’s a biopsy. | 就是个活检 |
[16:01] | Still, just to be safe. You mind? | 为了安全起见 介意么? |
[16:12] | For the love of God, | 看在主的份上! |
[16:14] | can’t somebody shut that kid up? | 有没有人让这个小孩闭嘴? |
[16:16] | People are trying to work around here. | 有人在这附近工作 |
[16:18] | Why don’t you show him a teddy bear or something? | 为什么不给他一个泰迪熊 或别的? |
[16:21] | … | 你永远不会送礼物的人 |
[16:23] | This is Doctor House, | 这是House医生 |
[16:24] | your son’s doctor. | 你儿子的医生 |
[16:25] | High test, please. | 重要的检查 快 |
[16:28] | Hey, hey, hey, hey! | 嘿 嘿! |
[16:34] | Out of Vicodin? | 维柯丁磕完了? |
[16:36] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[16:39] | Eating the red berries. | 吃红莓 |
[17:07] | He trusted you. | 他信任你 |
[17:10] | No, that wasn’t trust. | 不 那不是信任 |
[17:12] | That was | 那是… |
[17:12] | self-preservation. | 自我保护 |
[17:13] | No. | 不 |
[17:14] | That was huge. | 太厉害了 |
[17:16] | – It was like a conversation. | 就像是一次谈话 |
[17:18] | – A mon… A monkey’s afraid to eat the red berries until he sees another monkey eat ’em. | 一只猴子不敢吃红莓 直到他看见另一猴子在吃 |
[17:25] | Monkey see, monkey do. | 猴子有样 学样 |
[17:27] | That’s all it was. | 如此而已 |
[17:29] | Your kid’s still just as messed up as when we admitted him. | 孩子的情况没有改善 |
[17:45] | That was sensitive. | 有感觉 |
[17:47] | You have pretty hair. | 你的头发真漂亮 |
[17:51] | Hope is all those parents have going for them. | 每对父母都得抱着希望 |
[17:54] | No, hope is what’s making them miserable. | 不 希望让他们痛苦 |
[17:57] | What they should do is get a cocker spaniel. | 该做的是弄一只考克斯班尼犬 |
[18:00] | A dog would look them in the eye, | 狗会看着他们的眼睛 |
[18:02] | wag his tail when he’s happy, | 高兴的时候 摇尾巴 |
[18:04] | lick their face, show them love. | 舔人的脸 表达爱 |
[18:05] | Is it so wrong for them to want to have a normal child? | 要一个正常的孩子 有什么错? |
[18:08] | It’s normal to want to be normal. | 想变正常 这很正常 |
[18:10] | Spoken like a true Circle Queen. | 说话就像圈子里真正的女皇 |
[18:14] | See, skinny, socially-privileged white people get to draw this neat little circle. | 有优越感的浅薄白人划出清晰的小圈子 |
[18:18] | Everyone inside the circle is normal. | 圈子里的每一个人都是正常的 |
[18:21] | Everyone outside the circle should be beaten, broken and reset, so they can be brought into the circle. | 圈子外的人应该被打击 摧毁 重整 再纳入圈子 |
[18:27] | Failing that, they should be institutionalized, | 万一失败 就等着送进收容院吧 |
[18:30] | or worse, pitied. | 或者更糟 被怜悯 |
[18:32] | So, it’s wrong to feel sorry for this little boy? | 照你说 为那男孩感到难过 是错的? |
[18:34] | Why would you feel sorry for someone who gets to opt out of the inane courteous formalities, | 为什么要感到难过 他能选择逃离荒唐的繁文缛节 |
[18:38] | which are utterly meaningless, insincere, and therefore, degrading? | 虚假且毫无意义的 这令人羞耻么? |
[18:42] | This kid doesn’t have to pretend to be interested in your back pain, or your excretions, or your grandma’s itchy place. | 这孩子无需假装关心你的背痛 屎尿 或者你祖母哪里痒痒 |
[18:48] | Can you imagine how liberating it would be to live a life free of all the mind-numbing social niceties? | 摆脱教人麻木的的社会礼节 生活是何等释放? |
[18:55] | I don’t pity this kid. | 我不怜悯那孩子 |
[18:57] | I envy him. | 我嫉妒他 |
[19:00] | No cancer | 不是癌症 |
[19:02] | because | 因为… |
[19:03] | these aren’t lymph cells. | 这些不是淋巴细胞 |
[19:05] | Then what are they? | 那是什么? |
[19:08] | Liver cells. | 肝细胞 |
[19:18] | Wow, liver cells under his arm. | 臂下的肝细胞 |
[19:23] | Wonder what he’s got where his liver’s supposed to be? | 好奇肝的原位置有什么? |
[19:40] | Anyone got a clue how liver cells got into the kid’s armpit? | 为什么肝细胞会跑到小孩的腋窝下? |
[19:48] | Make yourself at home. | 就当成自己家 |
[19:51] | So, you think maybe Gray’s Anatomy got it all wrong? | 也许格氏解剖学完全搞错了? |
[19:54] | Lymph system circulates fluid, not organ cells. | 淋巴液循环 并不转移器官细胞 |
[19:57] | Cancer cells break into the lymphatic system all the time. | 癌细胞总是可以强行进入淋巴系统 |
[19:59] | But we’re not talking about cancer cells. | 不是讨论癌细胞 |
[20:01] | So what’s the difference between cancer cells and liver cells? | 癌细胞和肝细胞有什么不同? |
[20:03] | Why can one pass through walls, but the other can’t? | 为什么一个可以通过内壁 另一个却不能? |
[20:06] | Cancer cells are damaged, it lets them grow into blood vessels, | 让它们通过血管 癌细胞是受损坏的 |
[20:08] | go wherever they want. | 去任何要去的地方 |
[20:09] | So if the liver cells are damaged… The liver isn’t damaged. | – 如果肝细胞被破坏 – 肝脏没被破坏 |
[20:11] | The tests were normal. | 测试显示正常 |
[20:13] | So if the liver cells are damaged, it’s theoretically possible they passed into the lymphatic system. | 如果肝细胞被破坏 理论上就有可能穿越进入淋巴系统 |
[20:18] | Liver failure could also explain pleural effusion, even the heart issues. | 肝脏衰竭可以解释胸膜积液 甚至心脏的问题 |
[20:21] | The liver cells are fine. | 肝细胞完好 |
[20:22] | He was immunized for Hep A and B, and do you really think this kid is having unprotected sex, or sharing needles? | 他对甲型和乙型肝炎免疫 这小孩难道有无保护性行为或共用针头? |
[20:29] | Daddy does seem the type to use a rubber. | 爸爸看起来是用套子的 |
[20:32] | So it’s not viral. | 不是病毒性的 |
[20:33] | That just leaves a lot of booze-irrhosis. | 就只剩下酒精肝硬化 |
[20:36] | Our 10-year-old boy does not have a drinking problem, or cirrhosis. | 这十岁小男孩没有酗酒和肝硬化 |
[20:40] | House, when we echoed his heart, we got a piece of his liver. There was no scarring. | House 心脏做超声波检测时 察看了一部分肝– 没有疤痕 |
[20:43] | Cirrhosis explains the symptoms, | 肝硬化可解释症状 |
[20:45] | heart problems, lungs.. Look up cirrhosis in the dictionary, | – 心脏 肺 – 字典里查”肝硬化” |
[20:47] | it means scarring. | 有疤痕的意思 |
[20:48] | Parents aren’t doing or dosing this kid. | 父母没干孩子 或对他下毒 |
[20:51] | How would you know that? | 你从何而知? |
[20:52] | The kid can’t talk. | 孩子不会讲话 |
[20:53] | Why do you think I took this case? | 我为什么接这案例? |
[20:55] | He’s not going to give away the ending. | 他不会泄露结局 |
[20:56] | They quit their jobs for him. | 他们为孩子 放弃了工作 |
[20:58] | Yes, they are everything you’d want in a parent. | 是完美的父母 |
[21:01] | Unfortunately, their kid is nothing you’d want. | 不幸的是 孩子却一无是处 |
[21:04] | When a baby is born, it’s perfect. | 婴儿降生 一切如意 |
[21:07] | Little fingers, little toes, | 小手指 小脚趾 |
[21:09] | plump, perfect, pink, | 胖乎乎 粉嘟嘟 |
[21:11] | and brimming with unbridled potential. | 前途不可限量 |
[21:15] | Then it’s downhill. | 之后每况愈下 |
[21:16] | Some hills steeper than others. | 有些下坡更是急降 |
[21:19] | Parents get off on their kids’ accomplishments. Bend over and relax. | 父母夸耀孩子的成就– |
[21:23] | Cute. | 可爱 |
[21:25] | They’ll annoy you with trophy rooms and report cards. | 陈列奖品的房间 成绩通知单 让听者厌烦 |
[21:28] | Hell, they’ll even show you a purple cow and tell what a keen eye for color their kid has. | 孩子画紫色母牛 也会说是对色彩敏锐 |
[21:40] | But this kid, he doesn’t smile, | 但这孩子… |
[21:42] | he doesn’t hug them, he doesn’t laugh. | 不会笑 不会拥抱 |
[21:45] | His parents get nothing but the right to brag that their kid picked orange juice out of a lineup. | 父母什么都落空了 孩子甚至不能从卡片里挑出橙汁 |
[21:50] | So you figure they slip the kid a mickey so they don’t have to deal. | 你认为他们给孩子一瓶酒 来摆脱 |
[21:53] | Do a biopsy to confirm cirrhosis. | 做活检 看是不是肝硬化 |
[21:56] | Don’t try to pawn it off on Wilson, he’s going to be busy with Cuddy. | 别想麻烦Wilson 他得对付Cuddy |
[22:05] | My parents love me unconditionally. | 我父母无条件爱我 |
[22:07] | Get out of here. | 出去吧 |
[22:12] | Don’t you think the restraining order’s a little much? | 禁制令是不是过头了? |
[22:14] | He’s not actually going to have sex with a 17-year-old patient. | 他又不是真要和17岁病人发生关系 |
[22:17] | I didn’t think he was going to ask me to dig a bloodstained carpet out of a dumpster, either. | 他也不是真的要我从垃圾桶里 把染血的地毯掏出来 |
[22:21] | It might be easier in the long run. | 长远看 这算轻松的 |
[22:26] | Are we stopping here, so House doesn’t find us? | 停下 为了不让House发现我们? |
[22:30] | Unless you want to make out. | 你想要亲热也行 |
[22:34] | You want me to surrender to House’s coup? | 你要我向House的无理取闹妥协? |
[22:36] | No, no. You pro-actively | 不 你先发制人… |
[22:40] | give him what he wants. | 满足他 |
[22:42] | I defeat him by surrendering to him. | 我用妥协来打败他 |
[22:44] | He’ll never see it coming. | 他所料不及 |
[22:45] | Look, I’ll pay for it myself. | 我来出钱 |
[22:47] | What is it, a thousand bucks to carpet a room? | 多少 铺一间房的地毯要一千? |
[22:49] | Actually, it’s 400. | 就400 |
[22:50] | Not doing it. | 撤了地毯 |
[22:59] | Liver biopsy? | 肝组织活检? |
[23:02] | … | 怎么样? |
[23:03] | Like a biopsy. | 跟活检没区别 |
[23:04] | Needles, cells, | 针 细胞 |
[23:06] | screaming. | 尖叫 |
[23:07] | What did you find in the stool sample? | 粪检发现什么? |
[23:09] | You were too busy bothering Cuddy. But as discussed, it was negative for parasites. | 你忙着惹毛Cuddy 说过了 阴性 没有寄生虫 |
[23:13] | Can we get out of here? | 能出去么? |
[23:14] | I didn’t ask what you didn’t find, | 不是问没发现什么 |
[23:16] | I asked what you did find in the stool sample. | 问粪检发现了什么 |
[23:18] | Stool | 大便 |
[23:20] | and traces of iron, zinc, calcium carbonate. | 微量的铁 锌 碳酸钙 |
[23:23] | Can we leave? | 能走吗? |
[23:24] | What’s the matter? | 干什么? |
[23:24] | You afraid of the man? Yeah. | 你怕她? |
[23:30] | Too late. | 太晚了 |
[23:33] | Leave my stuff alone. | 别动我东西 |
[23:35] | You have a meeting with a Guggenheim in 15 minutes. | 15分钟后要见个古根海姆基金会的 |
[23:37] | You’re wearing that? | 就穿这? |
[23:38] | I’m going to count to three and then I’m going to fire you. | 数到三 就开除你 |
[23:41] | One. Calcium carbonate? That’s an anti-diarrheal, right? | – 一 – 碳酸钙 止泻的? |
[23:44] | – Two. – Think that’s significant? | – 二 – 你觉得有意义吗? |
[23:46] | Think hard poops is significant? | 硬大便有意义吗? |
[23:50] | Two and a half. | 二点五? |
[23:52] | Never threaten unless you’re ready to deliver. | 不准备致命一击 就不要威胁 |
[23:54] | Makes you look weak. | 显得软弱 |
[23:56] | Thank God you don’t have children. | 还好你没有孩子 |
[24:01] | Doctor Cuddy. | Cuddy医生 |
[24:04] | Take a message. | 留言 |
[24:08] | Your patient is being rushed to cardiac ICU. | 你的病人被送入了心脏外科重症室 |
[24:12] | Wow. That’s like the one thing that would get me out of here. | 唯一能让我离开的 |
[24:18] | One, two, three. | 怎么了? |
[24:25] | He’s in V fib. | 室颤 |
[24:31] | Clear. | 闪开 |
[24:33] | Charging, | 充电 |
[24:33] | clear. | 闪开 |
[24:34] | Charging, | 充电 |
[24:35] | clear. | 闪开 |
[24:37] | Charged. | 充电 |
[24:37] | clear. | 闪开 |
[24:51] | He’s stable for the moment. | 暂时稳定 |
[24:52] | First-degree atrial ventricular block. | 轻度的心房心室阻滞 |
[24:55] | Okay, | 好 |
[24:56] | what else do we know? | 还知道什么? |
[24:57] | His liver’s damaged. Pleural effusion compromised his lung function. | 肝损坏 胸腔积液损害到肺功能 |
[25:00] | Biopsy was negative for cirrhosis. | 活检没查出肝硬化 |
[25:02] | Parents didn’t poison their son. | 父母没有下毒 |
[25:06] | It’s not his liver, his heart, or his lungs. | 不是肝 心脏 肺 |
[25:09] | It’s the calcium carbonate in his stool. | 是大便里的碳酸钙 |
[25:12] | Kid was constipated. | 孩子便秘 |
[25:13] | Parents probably just overdid it. | 大概用药过量了 |
[25:14] | Or they didn’t do it at all. | 也许没有用药 |
[25:17] | Calcium carbonate is also what’s in chalk. | 粉笔里也有碳酸钙 |
[25:19] | So he ate some chalk. | 他吃粉笔了 |
[25:20] | It isn’t toxic, it sure didn’t cause the pleural effusion. | 没有毒- 不会导致胸腔积液 |
[25:24] | … | 你刚说起粉笔 |
[25:25] | Yes, and then I said, “Forget the chalk.” | 然后 我又说 别想粉笔了 |
[25:27] | You must be very confused. | 你肯定弄糊涂了 |
[25:29] | The kid’s got pica. | 孩子有异食癖 |
[25:31] | You take him to a buffet, he’s going to eat the table. | 带去自助餐 他会吃了桌子 |
[25:34] | … | 血铅含量正常 |
[25:36] | We’re not looking for typical poisons. | 毒物检验没发现 |
[25:37] | … | 不是找典型的毒药 |
[25:38] | We’re looking for anything that he could put in his mouth. | 任何可以放入嘴的 |
[25:40] | Matches, spiders, bricks. | 火柴 蜘蛛 砖头 |
[25:42] | Pressure-treated wood used to contain arsenic. | 经防腐处理的木材可能含砒霜 |
[25:45] | Even better. | 接近了 |
[25:46] | Hansel, | 样本? |
[25:47] | get samples of the Gingerbread House. | 去姜饼屋取样 |
[25:49] | Bag everything. Hey. | 打包 |
[26:05] | You could get into a lot of trouble being here. | 来这儿 你会惹麻烦 |
[26:08] | I wanted to see you. | 我想见你 |
[26:09] | Yeah, I got that. | 我知道 |
[26:12] | So did everyone else. | 其他人也知道 |
[26:14] | They think you’re a stalker. | 他们认为你跟踪我 |
[26:16] | One could argue those people might be jealous of your attention. | 说不定是因你引人注目 遭人嫉妒 |
[26:19] | Yes, I actually made that argument. | 我也这么争辩 |
[26:23] | – You going home? | 你回家? |
[26:25] | – That’s the plan. | 计划是 |
[26:27] | In Iceland, the age of consent is 14. | 在冰岛 同意性行为年龄是14岁 |
[26:31] | I’m surprised that tourism isn’t a bigger industry up there. | 那儿的旅游业不发达 真教人吃惊 |
[26:35] | Today I’m jailbait, | 今天 我诱人犯罪 |
[26:37] | but in 22 weeks, | 22个星期后 |
[26:39] | anybody can do anything to me. | 就可以对我为所欲为 |
[26:43] | Will I be so different in 22 weeks? | 在22个星期里 我变化这么大? |
[26:46] | Twenty-two weeks is enough for an embryo to grow arms and legs. | 22周足够让受精卵长出手脚 |
[26:49] | It’s just a line. | 只是界线 |
[26:51] | An arbitrary line drawn by a bunch of sad, old men in robes. | 一堆穿长袍的老可怜划下的武断界线 |
[26:55] | Yeah, | 是 |
[26:56] | who cares what judges think? | 谁在乎法官怎么想? |
[26:59] | I didn’t think of you as a guy who followed rules just because they were rules. | 看不出你是个循规蹈矩的人 |
[27:08] | You are over ten years younger than me. | 你…比我年轻十多岁 |
[27:13] | I said, “Over.” | 我说了 多 |
[27:18] | – Gotta go! | 得走了! |
[27:19] | House – House. | |
[27:21] | Doctor Cuddy. | Cuddy医生! |
[27:22] | Do you happen to know the way to the Icelandic consulate? | 知道去冰岛领事馆的路吗? |
[27:25] | This young woman, a stranger to me, was just asking directions. | 这陌生的姑娘 向我问路 |
[27:29] | Security was going to call the police. | 保安会叫警察 |
[27:31] | I don’t want to do that to you. | 我不想这么做 |
[27:32] | – Go home. | 回家吧 |
[27:33] | – She needed a ride. | 她要搭个车 |
[27:34] | She got here on her own, she can get home on her own. | 她一人能来 就能一人回去 |
[27:38] | Now. | 马上 |
[27:41] | If I see you on hospital grounds again, I will call the police. | 再在医院看见你 我会叫警察 |
[27:58] | After that look, I’m feeling a little frisky. | 受了那一眼 我觉得生机勃勃 |
[28:01] | Looks like you’re up. | 看来你也兴奋了 |
[28:03] | I’m ovulating. Let’s go. | 我在排卵 抓紧 |
[28:06] | The frisky, it went away. | 生机勃勃的感觉 没了 |
[28:08] | House, this isn’t a game. | House 别当儿戏 |
[28:16] | If I leave her alone, can I have my carpet back? | 要是我不理她 能要回地毯吗? |
[28:19] | No. | 不行 |
[28:21] | If I forget about my carpet can I have her? | 要是放弃地毯 能要她吗? |
[28:49] | Jimsonweed. | 曼陀罗 |
[28:51] | I found a small patch of it in his backyard. | 在后院发现一小片 |
[28:53] | Jimsonweed contains atropine, | 曼陀罗含颠茄碱 |
[28:55] | poor man’s acid. | 穷人的迷幻药 |
[28:57] | Our kid’s been tripping on “Lucy in the Sky with cubic zirconium.” | 孩子随 “露丝在天空与氧化皓做伴”蹒跚 (甲壳虫名曲) |
[29:00] | Explains the pleural effusion, the heart arrhythmias. | 能解释胸腔积液 心律不齐 |
[29:03] | Meeting here will do nothing to upset Cuddy. | 在这里会诊 不会让Cuddy心烦 |
[29:05] | I’m not trying to upset Cuddy. | 我不想惹Cuddy心烦 |
[29:06] | I’m trying to figure out what’s wrong with the patient. | 在找病因 |
[29:08] | – Continue. | 继续 |
[29:10] | – I’m done. | 说完了 |
[29:10] | Jimsonweed doesn’t explain the screaming. | 曼陀罗没法解释尖叫 |
[29:13] | You’ve obviously never had a bad trip. | 你大概没经历过糟糕的旅行 |
[29:15] | I would’ve thought you’d try to accomplish two goals at once. | 一举两得 |
[29:17] | Why can’t you be more like the other age-inappropriate girls who have a thing for me? | 你怎么就不像其他暗恋我的非适龄女生? |
[29:21] | Just accept me for me. | 接受我的原样 |
[29:28] | Kid’s got heart issues. | 孩子心脏有病 |
[29:30] | The two don’t mix. | 不能调和 |
[29:31] | We’d better make sure that’s what he’s got. | 得先确认他的病因 |
[29:32] | Serum from the lab in Patterson is three days minimum. | 从帕特森的实验室运血清过来 至少要3天 |
[29:35] | He won’t survive three days. | 他坚持不了三天 |
[29:37] | What time does he wake up? | 他几点起床? |
[29:39] | 7:35 a.m. | 上午7:35 |
[29:41] | Then what? | 然后呢? |
[29:47] | Walk me through it. | 我要证明他吃了植物 |
[29:48] | His schedule has nothing to do with jimsonweed. | 他的日程和曼陀罗无关 |
[29:50] | There are two possibilities. Either the parents saw him eat the plant | 有两种可能性 要么 他父母看着他吃下植物 |
[29:53] | or the kid has unsupervised time, and eats plants instead of playing with blocks. | 要么在没人看顾时 不玩积木 吃了植物 |
[29:57] | Even if you find 15 minutes of free time outside, it doesn’t mean he spent it eating a bush. | 就算找出15分钟的户外自由活动 也证明不了他吃草 |
[30:01] | So, what do we do? | 该怎么办? |
[30:02] | Nothing? | 什么也不做? |
[30:03] | Wait for the kid to tell us? | 等孩子告诉我们? |
[30:05] | What? | 说呀 |
[30:10] | Where are you going? | 你干什么? |
[30:12] | To talk to him. | 跟他谈谈 |
[30:24] | Ever see your son eat a bush? | 见过你孩子吃植物吗? |
[30:27] | … | 只看过他吃– |
[30:29] | Adam, you ate something at your house. | Adam 你在家吃了些东西 |
[30:31] | Something that made you sick. | 让你生病 |
[30:33] | I need you to show me what you ate. | 我要你告诉我吃的是什么 |
[30:35] | He can’t answer you. | 他没法回答你 |
[30:37] | Neither can you. | 你也不行 |
[30:40] | This is your backyard. | 这是你家的后院 |
[30:43] | You may know it as Mel’s Diner. | 你也许把那当作梅尔快餐店 |
[30:45] | This is your sandbox. | 这是你的沙盒 |
[30:46] | Your jungle gym. | 游戏场 |
[30:48] | And under it is this. | 下面有这个 |
[30:53] | I need to know if you ate this, Adam. | 你有没有吃了这个 Adam |
[30:56] | He doesn’t know what you want. | 他不知道你想要什么 |
[30:59] | Adam, you have to tell me because | Adam 你必须告诉我 |
[31:01] | if you don’t, | 如果你不说… |
[31:05] | game over. You’ll be dead. | 游戏就要结束了 |
[31:08] | What the hell are you doing? | – 你会死的 – 你到底在干什么? |
[31:11] | Show me what you ate. | 指给我看你吃的东西 |
[31:13] | Adam Adam, show me what you ate. | 指给我看你吃的东西 |
[31:30] | sandbox. | 沙盒 |
[31:37] | – Adam? – Honey? | – Adam? – 亲爱的? |
[31:39] | Adam? Adam! | |
[31:51] | Come on in, brothers and sister, | 快进来 兄弟姐妹! |
[31:54] | welcome to the house of the Lord! | 欢迎来到上帝之家 |
[31:56] | House, come on. The Chapel? | House 有没有搞错 |
[32:02] | Brother, can you testify as to why this poor child’s eyeball rolled back into his head? | 兄弟 能否查出可怜孩子的眼球为何回滚? |
[32:09] | It’s consistent with jimsonweed poisoning, ocular paralysis. I’m sorry. | 和曼陀罗的毒性一致 眼球麻痹 |
[32:14] | because they have turned from the Lord and are idiots. | 因为它能使人从智人变成白痴 |
[32:18] | His ocular muscle didn’t paralyze, it pirouetted. | 眼肌不是麻痹了 而是在作皮鲁埃特旋转 |
[32:20] | – MS? | 多发性硬化症 |
[32:21] | – It is easier for a wise man – to gain access to heaven… | 睿智之人更易进入天堂 |
[32:24] | – Will you stop doing that? Just say, “Not MS.” | 能不能停下? 直说不是多发性硬化症好了 |
[32:27] | A stroke, | 中风 |
[32:28] | bleed in the brain. | 颅内出血 |
[32:29] | We’d be seeing other symptoms besides a single eye misalignment. | 除了单眼位移 还会看到别的症状 |
[32:32] | Like a coma. | 比如昏迷 |
[32:33] | And you’ve already testified. | 已经查证过了 |
[32:34] | It’s a tumor. | 是肿瘤 |
[32:36] | And all the imaging just missed it? | 所有的成像都没显示出来? |
[32:38] | It’s a micro-tumor. | 微瘤 |
[32:40] | It started in his lung, which caused the pleural effusion. | 原发于肺 导致胸腔积液 |
[32:42] | Then it metastasized to his liver, which made it slough cells. | 然后转至肝 使肝细胞脱落 |
[32:45] | And then it went to his brain behind the eye, which caused it to roll back into his head. | 再到大脑 眼球的后方 导致眼球回滚 |
[32:49] | So, he had three tumors and we missed all of them? | 这么说他有三个肿瘤 全漏诊了 |
[32:54] | … | 知道从哪里下手 找起来希望就大了 |
[32:58] | So, | 那么… |
[32:59] | unless you have a better idea, I’m going to go CT his head and then, | 除非有更好的主意 我要给他大脑做CT了 |
[33:04] | if I have to, remove his eye. | 然后 如果–有必要 我会移除他的眼球 |
[33:11] | You remove this kid’s eye, he’s only going to be half as good at not making eye contact. | 把这孩子的眼球摘除 少了眼神接触 孩子情况更糟 |
[33:28] | Hello? | 嗨? |
[33:31] | Hello? | 嗨? |
[33:34] | Hello? | 嗨? |
[33:37] | I have sad news for you. | 告诉你个不好的消息 |
[33:39] | She doesn’t love you. | 她不爱你 |
[33:40] | You’re ugly when you’re jealous. | 你嫉妒的时候真丑 |
[33:42] | She showed up at my house last night. | 她昨晚上我家了 |
[33:44] | Came on to me. | 冲我来的 |
[33:46] | She’s even more perfect than I thought. | 比想象的还要完美 |
[33:48] | House House, | |
[33:49] | she’s sick. | 她有病 |
[33:51] | You say, “Sick,” I say, “Freestylin’.” | 你说”有病” 我认为”开放” |
[33:53] | The girl will have sex with an invertebrate. | 那女孩会和软体动物做爱 |
[33:56] | Come on, | 不会吧 |
[33:56] | you’re not that bad. | 你没那么差劲 |
[33:58] | She has a problem. | 她有问题 |
[34:00] | You’re not doing her any favors by indulging her. | 纵容她无益 |
[34:02] | How could you lie like this? | 你为什么撒谎? |
[34:04] | Do you not have room in your heart for love? | 心里没有为爱留一点空间? |
[34:07] | .. | 当孩子说Susie和Johnny一起睡觉时 我不信 |
[34:11] | … | 才不管Susie有没有和Johnny结婚– 他是我的 |
[34:16] | She has a mole on her right breast, just below the nipple. | 她右边的乳房有个胎记 就在乳头下 |
[34:20] | … | 你连她乳房都看过了? |
[34:21] | It was a medical exam. | 是个医学检查 |
[34:23] | I was listening to her heart. | 我当时对她的心脏进行听诊 |
[34:24] | It went, “Greg-House. Greg-House. Greg-House.” | 就听到了 Greg-House Greg-House Greg-House |
[34:29] | Fine. I’m lying. | 好吧 我撒了谎 |
[34:31] | But she did come back. | 不过她确实跑回来了 |
[34:33] | She’s locked up in my office. | 锁在我办公室里 |
[34:35] | I was hoping you could talk to her, | 我希望你能和她谈谈 |
[34:36] | put an end to this. | 了结这件事 |
[34:54] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[34:57] | Do you have any idea what you’d have to look forward to if you stayed with me? | 知道和我在一起 有什么指望吗? |
[35:01] | Nine chances out of ten, we’d both wind up in a jail. | 十之八九我俩都会进监狱 |
[35:06] | You’re only saying that to make me go. | 你那么说 只是想让我走 |
[35:09] | I’m saying it ’cause it’s true. | 因为那是真的 |
[35:14] | Inside of us, we both know that you belong with Victor. | 我们心里都知道 你该和Victor在一起 |
[35:19] | Is there a Victor in your class? | 你班上有叫Victor的吗? |
[35:24] | If you’re not with someone your age, you’ll regret it. | 如果你不和年龄相仿的人在一起 会后悔的 |
[35:29] | Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, | 就在不久的将来 |
[35:32] | and for the rest of your life. | 而且后悔终身 |
[35:36] | What about us? | 那我们呢? |
[35:37] | We’ll always have Fresno. | 我们能想象弗雷斯诺 (加州一城市) |
[35:42] | I’m no good at being noble, but it doesn’t take much to see | 我不善于表现得高尚 |
[35:44] | that the problems of two little people don’t amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. | 这个疯狂的世界 微小的你我无法以卵击石 |
[35:52] | Someday you’ll understand that. | 有一天 你会明白 |
[35:57] | Now, now, | 好了 好了 |
[35:59] | here’s looking at you. | 看看你… |
[36:07] | Damn. | 该死 |
[36:10] | Was there an earthquake when you were in Fresno? | 你在弗雷斯诺时 有没有发生过地震? |
[36:14] | … | 我问每个女朋友那个问题 |
[36:19] | Yeah, a little one. | 是的 一次小的 |
[36:22] | Damn. | 该死 |
[36:25] | … | 什么 你说什么? |
[36:26] | … | 那不是爱 |
[36:28] | You have spore in your brain. | 你大脑里有个孢子 |
[36:31] | Coccidioides immitis. | 粗球孢子菌 |
[36:33] | California’s full of them. | 加州到处都是 |
[36:34] | They get an earthquake, they get released into the air, you breathe it in, you get a cold. | 地震了一下 孢子释放到空气中 你吸入 然后感冒… |
[36:38] | Turns into sinus congestion, aches, weakness, | 表现为窦腔充血 头痛 身体虚弱… |
[36:40] | milky tears, | 牛奶泪… |
[36:42] | and sometimes | 有时还… |
[36:45] | loss of inhibition and judgment. | 还会失去克制力和判断力 |
[36:48] | Damn! | 真该死! |
[36:50] | So, | 所以… |
[36:51] | loving you, | 爱上你? |
[36:54] | wanting to have sex | 想和你做爱? |
[36:56] | with you was all just | 这些都只是… |
[36:57] | the spores talking? | 受孢子左右? |
[37:03] | You’ll probably live. | 你能活下来 |
[37:08] | Damn! | 该死 |
[37:34] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[37:36] | Don’t touch his eye! | 别碰他的眼睛 |
[37:38] | This is an appendectomy. | 这是阑尾切除术 |
[37:42] | Like I said, don’t touch his eye. | 一样 别碰他的眼睛 |
[37:50] | … | 有急诊病人抢先了 |
[37:51] | We’ve got another room in ten minutes. | 十分钟后 就有手术室 |
[37:52] | You’re not taking him in. | 不要送他进去了 |
[37:54] | Kill the lights. | 关灯 |
[37:58] | He was seeing them all the time. | 他一直看到它们 |
[38:04] | Telling us exactly what was wrong with him. | 告诉我们 到底出了什么问题 |
[38:06] | Drawing them for us over and over again. | 一遍又一遍地描绘 |
[38:09] | But nobody knew how to speak autistic. | 没人懂孤独症孩子说话的方式 |
[38:12] | When I asked him what he ate, he even told me that. | 当我问他吃了什么时 他告诉了我答案 |
[38:14] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[38:15] | What was he seeing? | 他一直看到的是什么? |
[38:19] | Hello, my pretties. | 你们好 小美人儿 |
[38:22] | It’s not a tumor, Foreman. | 不是肿瘤 Foreman |
[38:23] | It’s worms | 是蠕虫 |
[38:24] | swimming in his eye. | 正在他眼睛里游着呢 |
[38:27] | Animal makes potty in the sandbox, | 动物把沙盒当做便盆 |
[38:30] | boy plays in the sandbox. Boy eats the sand. | 小男孩在沙盒里玩 吃了沙子 |
[38:33] | You can probably tell where this is going by now. | 之后的情节都清楚了 |
[38:35] | Stool samples were negative for parasites. | 粪检寄生虫呈阴性 |
[38:37] | Raccoon roundworms are not excreted by their human host. | 浣熊蛔虫不会被人类宿主排泄 |
[38:40] | Cameron tested the sand. | Cameron检测了沙子 |
[38:41] | All of it? | 全部都检测了? |
[38:43] | Worms spread from his gut to the rest of his body. | 蠕虫从消化道扩散到其他部分 |
[38:46] | They attacked his lungs, | 侵袭了他的肺 |
[38:47] | that’s what made him scream and caused the effusion. | 让他喊叫 体液渗出 |
[38:49] | They invade his liver, sending dead liver cells coursing through his system. | 侵入了肝 使死亡的肝细胞随淋巴液流动 |
[38:53] | They attacked his eye and the muscles surrounding it, making his eyeball do a back flip. | 又攻击了他的眼球和环肌 使眼球向后翻筋斗 |
[38:59] | Laser photocoagulation to fix the eye, and a high dose of benzimidazole to kill the worms. | 激光光凝治疗眼球 大剂量的苯并咪唑杀虫 |
[39:04] | Wait a minute, | 等一下 |
[39:05] | that’s it? | 就这样了? |
[39:06] | He’s going to be okay? | 他- 他会好吗? |
[39:08] | Good news. | 好消息 |
[39:11] | He’s going to be with you for a long, long time. | 他会和你们在一起很久 |
[39:21] | I’m going to read you something. | 我给你读些东西 |
[39:23] | “Asperger Syndrome is a mild and rare form of autism. | 艾斯伯格症候群是一种 温和但罕见的孤独症 |
[39:26] | “It is typically characterized by difficulty establishing friendships, “and playing with peers, | 典型表现为 很难与同伴建立友谊和玩乐 |
[39:31] | trouble accepting conventional social rules, “and they dislike any change in setting or routine.” | 难以接受社会惯例 讨厌改变既定日程或布置 |
[39:38] | Or broadloom. | 或宽幅地毯 |
[39:39] | It doesn’t say that last part, but you get my point. | 没说最后那部分 但你懂这意思 |
[39:42] | House doesn’t have Asperger’s. | House不是艾斯伯格症候群 |
[39:43] | The diagnosis is much simpler, | 诊断要简单得多 |
[39:45] | he’s a jerk. | 他就是个混蛋 |
[39:46] | Why do you think he took this case? | 他为什么会接这个病例? |
[39:48] | Because he believes these parents? | 因为他相信这对父母? |
[39:50] | Because he wants to help a young boy? | 他想救一个小男孩? |
[39:52] | He sees himself in this kid, | 他透过这个孩子看到了自己 |
[39:55] | and he’s trying to help himself. | 他是在拯救他自己 |
[39:59] | He doesn’t want this, | 他也不想这样 |
[40:01] | he needs it. | 他必须 |
[40:18] | You’re not autistic. | 你不是孤独症 |
[40:20] | You don’t even have Asperger’s. | 连艾斯伯格症候群也不是 |
[40:21] | You wish you did. | 你希望你是 |
[40:23] | That would exempt you from the rules, give you freedom, | 可以使你免除规矩的约束 |
[40:25] | absolve you of responsibility, | 获得自由 免除责任 |
[40:28] | let you date 17-year-olds. | 好让你和17岁的女孩约会 |
[40:30] | But most important, it would mean that you’re not just a jerk. | 更重要的是 意味着你不是一个混蛋 |
[40:35] | At what point does a person endlessly lecturing someone make him a jerk? | 无休止地教训别人 |
[40:46] | First tongue kiss | 最初的湿吻… |
[40:49] | is an eight on the happiness scale. | 是八分的快乐 |
[40:53] | Child being snatched back from the brink of death, | 孩子死里逃生… |
[40:56] | that’s a ten. | 才是十分的 |
[41:01] | They’re clocking in at a very tepid six point five, | 但他们只表现出不愠不火的六分半 |
[41:06] | because they know what they have to go back to. | 因为知道回去的生活是老样子 |
[41:15] | Listen, | 嗯… |
[41:19] | thanks. | 谢谢 |
[41:21] | You saved his life. | 你救了他的命 |
[41:23] | Yeah, I know. | 是 我知道 |
[41:25] | See ya. | 再会 |
[42:21] | That was so good. | 太棒了 |
[42:35] | That was a ten. | 那才是十分的快乐 |
[42:57] | All change is bad? | 改变都是不好的吗? |
[42:59] | It’s not true, you know. | 不是这个意思 你懂的 |