时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | How can I help you this beautiful morning? | 我怎样才能帮助你度过这个美丽的早晨? |
[00:05] | You got any cases? | 你有病人么? |
[00:07] | Three. | 三个 |
[00:08] | Got a teenage African American lung transplant… | 黑人少女需要肺移植 |
[00:11] | Next two days you’ll be doing nothing but clinic work. | 以后几天你除了门诊什么都不要做 |
[00:14] | I just said… You were lying. | – 我刚刚说 – 你在撒谎! |
[00:16] | Well, then why’d you ask? | 那干嘛还问? |
[00:18] | Because if you told the truth I was only gonna give you one day of clinic duty. | 如果你刚刚说真话 我就只给你一天门诊任务 |
[00:22] | That’s dishonest. | 真奸诈 |
[00:23] | I refuse to participate in this… | – 我拒绝接受… – 你会去做的 |
[00:27] | … | 也能让你回去 |
[00:33] | Perjurer. | 做伪证的 |
[00:34] | Felon. | 犯人 |
[00:39] | How can I help you this beautiful morning? | 美丽的早上 有什么可为您服务的? |
[00:41] | I told the nurse I have a runny nose. But I don’t. | 我跟护士说我流鼻涕 但是我没 |
[00:45] | I think I have | 我 我想我有… |
[00:46] | syphilis or gonorrhea. | 梅毒或者淋病 |
[00:50] | I think I have an STD. | 我觉得我得了性病 |
[00:55] | I think I have a… | 我觉得我得了… |
[01:11] | Who is here for a runny nose? | 这有谁流鼻涕 |
[01:15] | It’s a cold! | 那是伤风 |
[01:17] | It’ll get better. Go home. | 会好起来的 回家吧 |
[01:20] | Those of you who stayed obviously do not have colds. | 你们这些留下来的明显不是得了伤风 |
[01:22] | You will be assigned to a doctor who is not me, | 会有别的医生指派给你们 |
[01:24] | because I am tired of wiping crotches. | 我不想再用棉签擦人的下体了 |
[01:27] | House! House. | |
[01:28] | You’re doing this. | 你得看病 |
[01:33] | – It hurts! – Sir… | 好难受啊! |
[01:39] | Call security. | 叫保安 |
[01:45] | Should I get a sedative? | 要不要我拿一针镇静剂? |
[01:46] | No, I’m good. Thanks. | 不用 我很好 谢谢 |
[01:52] | It hurts! My head hurts! | 我头疼死了! |
[02:09] | Need a team here. | 需要一个医疗小组! |
[02:10] | – I have the sedative. | 镇静剂来了 |
[02:11] | – Little late. | 晚了点 |
[02:12] | Just in time. | 刚刚好 |
[02:13] | What did you give him? A paralytic. | – 你刚才给他了什么 – 面部神经瘫痪 |
[02:14] | Why would you do that? | 你干吗要那样做 |
[02:16] | Somebody had to stop the screaming. | 要让某人不要尖叫 |
[02:17] | Then he’s still in pain. | 可是他还是会痛啊 |
[02:19] | Yeah. But quietly. | 对 但是安静的痛 |
[02:21] | Paralytic’s stopped him breathing. | 面部神经瘫痪会让他停止呼吸 |
[02:23] | If he goes hypoxic, he’s gonna be quiet forever. | 如果脑部缺氧 他就得安静一辈子了 |
[02:30] | So either I can continue to swab people’s privates or I can figure out if this guy’s delirium, pain | 要么让我继续用棉签去擦别人私处 或者让我想想这家伙的精神错乱和疼痛 |
[02:36] | and insanely high heart rate are life-threatening or just a personality quirk. | 疯狂的心率是有生命危险呢 还是只是一种古怪的人格 |
[02:43] | I think the latter choice is the better for all three of us. | 我觉得第二种选择对我们三个都比较合适 |
[03:19] | He’s sedated. | 他打了镇静剂 |
[03:20] | It took five CCs of haloperidol to get him down after the paralytic wore off. | 瘫痪消失以后 用了5cc的氟哌啶醇 (一种强安定药)才让他安静下来 |
[03:24] | So, pain in his right ear, psychotic behavior and dizziness. | 右耳疼痛 精神错乱 头昏眼花 |
[03:28] | Go. | 说吧! |
[03:29] | Nurses said he was holding his head. | 护士说他经常敲自己的头 |
[03:31] | How do you know it was specifically his ear? | 你怎么这么准确的知道是耳朵 |
[03:34] | Because he was dizzy. | 因为他头晕 |
[03:35] | Means the problem was affecting his inner ear. | 表示内耳出了问题 |
[03:37] | Nurses said he was running in circles. | 护士说他绕圆圈跑 并不表示他那时候头晕 |
[03:40] | He was running in oblongs. | 他是绕着方形跑 |
[03:42] | Looked like a three-year-old kid drew them. | 还是三岁小孩画的那种方形 |
[03:44] | Acoustic neuroma that started a hemorrhage. | 听神经瘤大出血 |
[03:48] | Explains the pain, vertigo, everything. | 解释疼痛 眩晕 所有症状 |
[03:51] | Get an MRI. | 做个核磁共振 |
[03:52] | What else? | 还有什么可能 |
[03:55] | If it explains everything… Might not explain everything. | – 如果能解释所有症状 – 也可能解释不了所有的 |
[03:57] | Well, what if he was psychotic first, | 好吧 如果他开始就有精神病呢 |
[03:59] | then self-mutilated, damaged the ear. | 然后自残 损害了耳部 |
[04:01] | Excellent. | 很棒 |
[04:02] | We need a complete psychiatric work up. | 需要全面的精神病学诊断 |
[04:05] | Your turn. | 到你了 |
[04:06] | I was gonna say what Foreman… | 我本来要说的跟Foreman |
[04:09] | Say something else. | 好吧 那说点别的 |
[04:12] | He came to the clinic. | 他 来了门诊 |
[04:16] | Good. | 不错 |
[04:17] | Decent chance he had a chronic illness first, especially given the rapid heart rate. | 很大可能是他先有了慢性病 特别是当有心率加快的现象出现 |
[04:21] | Lingering ear infection, pressure builds up in his inner ear, | 持续的耳部感染 增加了对内耳的压迫 |
[04:23] | bursts through the mastoid bone while he’s waiting in the clinic. | 当他在门诊候诊的时候 通过中耳骨乳突爆发 |
[04:26] | Oh, yes! | 是啊 |
[04:27] | Get a head CT. Draw blood cultures. | 做脑部CT 血液培养 做生化电解分析 |
[04:30] | Run a chem panel and get a complete blood count. | 还有一个全血计数 |
[04:32] | Oh, while you’re at it, pour some alcohol into his ear | 你们忙这些的时候 顺道往他耳朵里倒点酒精 |
[04:35] | and take out the cockroach. | 然后把蟑螂拿出来 |
[04:38] | He has a cockroach in his ear? | 有个蟑螂在他耳朵里? |
[04:39] | He was scratching that ear right before the event, so I took a peek. | 他发疯之前一直在抓耳朵 所以我就偷看了一下 |
[04:43] | My guess is it started biting. | 我猜是因为它开始咬人了 |
[04:46] | Nothing else wrong with him? | 他没有什么别的事? |
[04:48] | Isn’t that enough? | 好吧 这还不够么 |
[04:49] | It’s pretty gross. | 挺恶心的 |
[04:52] | So why are we doing the tests? | 那么 我们干吗还要去作那么多检查 |
[04:53] | Well, it’s either that or I have to keep doing clinic duty. | 不做这些我就要接着去坐门诊 |
[04:55] | You can do the tests or just stay out of Cuddy’s sight. | 做检查 或者别让Cuddy看到就好了 |
[04:58] | I don’t really care which. | 我倒不在乎你们选哪个 |
[05:12] | Why are you here? | 你怎么在这 |
[05:15] | Because it’s not a hospital. | 因为这不是医院 |
[05:19] | It’s a jogging park. | 这是慢跑公园啊 |
[05:20] | You’re not jogging. | 你又不慢跑 |
[05:21] | You can’t jog. | 你也慢跑不了 |
[05:22] | I’m watching jogging. | 我在看慢跑 |
[05:24] | I sit and I watch and I imagine. | 我坐下 观看 然后想像 |
[05:33] | So what do you watch for? | 那你都看什么 |
[05:39] | That guy’s running in shorts. | 那小伙子穿短裤跑 |
[05:43] | He’s not running. He’s trolling. | 他才没在跑步 他在钓马子 |
[05:46] | You’re good at this. | 你挺擅长这个嘛 |
[05:49] | How long are you going to stay here? | 你在这还要待多久 |
[05:53] | Beauty of this place is that it’s the last place Cuddy will look. | 这种地方的美好就在于 cuddy想不到到这里找我 |
[06:04] | How can I help you? | 我能为您效劳吗 |
[06:07] | The doctors gave me this. | 医生们给了我这个 |
[06:10] | What doctors? | 什么医生 |
[06:11] | At the other hospital. | 别的医院的医生 |
[06:13] | Last month. | 上个月 |
[06:20] | Do you know what this says? | 你知道上面写了什么 |
[06:23] | Yes. | 知道 |
[06:26] | “Patient has a six-centimeter mass in the right lung. Cancerous. Inoperable.” | 病人右肺有一个6厘米的肿大 癌变 – 无法手术 |
[06:31] | Do you understand what this means? | 你明白这意味着什么 |
[06:36] | Is it okay if I sleep here tonight? | 我今晚在这里过夜可以么 |
[06:41] | It’s cold outside. | 外面很冷 |
[06:51] | What are you doing here? | 你在这做什么 |
[06:52] | I thought House had a case. | 我还以为house有个病人 |
[06:57] | He doesn’t. | 他没有 |
[07:04] | You ordered a CT on a patient with a bug in his ear. | 你给耳朵里有虫子的病人预定了CT |
[07:06] | How did you know I was here? | 你怎么知道我在这 |
[07:07] | I ran into Cameron in the clinic. | 我在门诊偶遇了cameron |
[07:09] | “Ran into”? | “偶遇”? |
[07:11] | You ordered pointless tests just to… | 你预约不必要的检查就是为了 |
[07:13] | Wouldn’t have been pointless if you hadn’t “run into” Cameron. | 如果你没有偶遇cameron 那就不会是没用的了 |
[07:16] | She got punished. | 她受到惩罚了 |
[07:17] | She’s stuck with another dying patient. | 她被一个垂死的病人粘住了 |
[07:18] | Is that Vicodin? | 那是维柯丁? |
[07:20] | Breath mint. | 薄荷糖 |
[07:21] | Thought you were gonna kiss me. | 我以为你会亲我 |
[07:22] | What happened to rehab? | 不是戒毒了吗 |
[07:24] | I got out. | 我不去了 |
[07:28] | It was a scam? | – 那是诡计是吧 – 前戏够了吧 |
[07:30] | Enough foreplay. Are you going to kiss me or not? | 你到底要不要亲我 |
[07:31] | You are going back to the clinic. | 你现在就回门诊去 |
[07:33] | Or jail. | 或者监狱 |
[07:34] | You perjured yourself to keep me out of jail. | 你作伪证把我弄出监狱 回头你怎么跟警察说 |
[07:42] | So it’s, “Do clinic duty or go to jail”? | 所以要么去坐门诊要么就坐牢房 |
[07:44] | Yes. | 对 |
[07:45] | Then it’ll be, “Finish your paperwork or go to jail.” | 然后就会变成 “把你的文件整理好了要么坐牢” |
[07:47] | “Help with fundraising or go to jail.” | 要么帮忙筹款要么坐牢 |
[07:49] | “Do your job or go to jail.” | 要么工作要么坐牢 |
[07:52] | I think I’d rather go to jail. | 我想我宁愿去坐牢 |
[07:56] | You owe me. | 你欠我的 |
[08:08] | Beautiful. | 真~漂亮 |
[08:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:11] | It’s dry. | 很干 |
[08:12] | Who cares? | 管它呢 |
[08:14] | It’s beautiful. | 很漂亮 |
[08:15] | If my lawn were half as well-maintained as that, | 如果我的草坪能整理的有你那一半那么好 |
[08:17] | pigeons wouldn’t have the nerve to poop on it. | 那些鸽子怎么有胆量在上面拉屎 |
[08:21] | Good grooming is important. | 修理边幅很重要 |
[08:23] | Was that a shot? | 有用吗? |
[08:25] | People do judge you on your appearance. | 人们会根据外表评价你这个人 |
[08:27] | When you entered, I noted your shirt hadn’t been pressed. | 我发现你的衬衣没熨过 |
[08:29] | You hadn’t shaved in quite some time. | 很久没刮胡子 |
[08:31] | I extrapolated you are a person for whom detail was not a major concern. | 我推断你是一个不关心细节的人 |
[08:35] | I was worried you might apply that same standard in your… | 我担心你工作也一样马虎 |
[08:37] | Do you use toenail clippers up there? | 你在那用了剪脚指甲的剪刀么 |
[08:40] | They’re longer so they allow me to better reach the upper hairs. | 那种更长 所有能够得着里面的毛 |
[08:42] | I’m wearing a rumpled shirt and forgot to brush my hair this week. | 我穿皱巴巴的衬衣 这个礼拜还忘记梳头发 |
[08:45] | You’ve got athlete’s foot in your nose. | 可你鼻子里长了脚癣 |
[08:51] | I’m ready to be judged. | 我现在准备好被人评价了 |
[08:54] | Okay. | 好了 |
[08:56] | 50 dollars to any patient who’s willing to leave here right now. | 哪个病人现在就闪人 我给他50美元 |
[09:01] | Sounds good to me. | 告诉我好消息 |
[09:02] | House House. | |
[09:04] | You can’t… | – 你不能 – 我的钱 |
[09:07] | If they’ll leave for 50 bucks, they’re not all that sick. | 如果他们为了50块闪人 说明病的根本不重 |
[09:11] | Or they’re poor and desperate, which is why this place is here. | 或者说明他们穷而且敢玩命 所以医院门诊才存在 |
[09:15] | If they’re that poor, then they’d rather have 50 bucks than… | 如果他们真那么穷 他们肯定宁愿要那50块 |
[09:17] | – Can I have the money? | 能给我钱么 |
[09:19] | – Look. It’s monogrammed! | 看 印着姓名缩写呢 |
[09:21] | He doesn’t need money. Ergo, he’s not sick. | 他不需要这钱 因此他没病 |
[09:23] | And the blood? | 那血怎么回事 |
[09:25] | Could be anybody’s. | 可能是任何别人的 |
[09:26] | Monogram’s definitely his. | 这字母肯定是他的 |
[09:30] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[09:34] | Doesn’t matter what you say, do or threaten, | 你说什么 做什么 怎么威胁都没关系 |
[09:36] | I will find a way out. | 我总会找到出路的 |
[09:38] | How can we make this more interesting for you? | 怎么才能让你对门诊感兴趣 |
[09:41] | How can we make the sky green? | 怎么才能把天空变绿 |
[09:42] | How can we make the tall short? | 怎么才能把高的变矮 |
[09:43] | You cannot make the uninteresting interesting. | 你不能把无聊的事情变有趣 |
[09:47] | I’ll pay you 10 dollars for every patient you diagnose without touching. | 你要是不碰病人就能诊断 每个病人我给你10块钱 |
[09:52] | You pay me 10 dollars for every one you have to touch. | 你碰了一个病人就要给我10块钱 |
[09:56] | You’re making this into a game for me. | 你要把这个变成我的游戏 |
[09:58] | From which I can only conclude this isn’t a game for you. | 从这点上看我只能推断 这对你来说不是游戏 |
[10:01] | No. | 没错 |
[10:03] | Why? You think if I deal with enough people I’ll find some humanity? | 干吗 以为我看的病人足够多 就会变得仁慈? |
[10:08] | Yes. | 没错 |
[10:12] | Why do I have to do this myself? | 我干哈要自己弄这个啊 |
[10:15] | I got a bum leg. | 我腿坏了 |
[10:17] | Say, “Ah.” | 说,”ahh |
[10:18] | Ahh. Ah. | |
[10:21] | Feels rough. | 感觉很粗糙 |
[10:22] | Yes. It’s a rash. | 是啊 那可是皮疹 |
[10:25] | I’m gonna need more than “rough.” | 我得需要比”粗糙.”详细点 |
[10:28] | Well, it… It’s just rough. | 就只是凹凸不平 |
[10:30] | Can’t you feel it? | 你就不能摸一下? |
[10:32] | Well, I could. But then what satisfaction would you get? | 可以 但是你会得到快感么? |
[10:38] | Got it! | 感觉到了 |
[10:40] | Start counting. | 开始计数 |
[10:43] | How many? | 多少? |
[10:44] | 26. Twenty-six. | |
[10:47] | 20. Twenty | |
[10:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:50] | Either you suck at math or you’re gonna die in two seconds. | 或者你数学太滥或者你两秒内挂掉 |
[10:56] | You suck at math. | 数学太滥 |
[10:59] | Diagnosis. | 断病 |
[11:01] | Prescription. | 开方 |
[11:03] | You owe me 30. | 你欠我30 |
[11:21] | I owe you 10. | 欠你10块 |
[11:23] | Test results are back for your STD patients. | 那个性病患者的检查结果出来了 |
[11:25] | I’m not paying you for them. | 这个我不会算进去的 |
[11:27] | You already touched them. | 你先前碰过的 |
[11:32] | How old are you? | 你多大了? |
[11:33] | 30. 30. | |
[11:35] | And you’ve never seen an after-school special? Dawson’s Creek? | 你从没看过课后特别读物 恋爱时代? (亦名道森的小溪,关于青春成长的剧集) |
[11:40] | How do you get to 30 and not know about condoms? | 你都30岁了还不懂得用套套? |
[11:42] | Oh, God. I have an STD. | 哦 天哪 我染上了 |
[11:44] | No. But you will. | 没有 但是会有的 |
[11:47] | Every patient who comes in here for an STD test has one thing in common. | 每个来做性病测试的病人都有一点相同 |
[11:51] | They had SWS, | 他们都是sws. |
[11:53] | “sex while stupid.” | 爱做也爱犯傻 |
[11:55] | How old are you? | 您贵庚? |
[11:57] | 60? Sixty. | |
[12:00] | You’re lying, | 撒谎 |
[12:01] | but that’s not the point. | 但是无关紧要 |
[12:03] | Have you never seen Dawson’s Creek? | 你从没看过恋爱时代? |
[12:05] | And you’ve never seen an after-school special? | 你从不看课后特别读物? |
[12:09] | How do you live to your age and not know about condoms? | 你这么大了还不懂得用套套? |
[12:12] | I have an STD? | 我染上了么? |
[12:15] | Yeah. You’re actually the first one today. | 是的 实际上今天你是头一个 |
[12:17] | Lucky day. | 幸运日 |
[12:19] | Well, not for you, | 好吧 对你来说不是. |
[12:20] | but you gotta feel good for everyone else. | 但是你应该为其他人感到高兴 |
[12:27] | It’s chlamydia. | 只是衣原体感染 |
[12:29] | As bad news goes, it’s about the best. | 坏消息中最好的一种 |
[12:34] | Oh, settle down. | 哦 别伤心了 |
[12:35] | It’s treatable. | 能治好的 |
[12:37] | It’s actually curable. | 真的能治愈的 |
[12:44] | All you gotta do is take these pills… | 你要做就是吞了这些药片 |
[12:45] | Don’t touch me! | 别碰我! |
[12:53] | Oh, God. | 哦 上帝 |
[13:01] | I need someone to cover a patient. | 我需要人来替我 |
[13:03] | House, you committed to… | House 你答应过的 |
[13:04] | She was raped. | 她被强暴了 |
[13:11] | You think I’m the right doctor for her? | 你觉得我是合适人选么? |
[13:18] | We’ve assigned another doctor to your care. | 我们指定了另一个医生负责你的治疗 |
[13:20] | I didn’t mean to upset Dr. House. | 我不是有意冒犯House医生的 |
[13:22] | He knows that. | 他知道 |
[13:23] | That’s not why we’re doing this. | 这不是我们这么做的原因 |
[13:25] | I’d like to keep being treated by him. | 我想要他来继续治疗我 |
[13:27] | Why? Just do. | – 为什么? – 做就是了 |
[13:29] | Trust me. It’s better if you deal with somebody who specializes… | 相信我 由专家来处理你的情况会更好 |
[13:32] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[13:34] | You told Dr. House it’s been less than a week. | 你告诉House医生这事到现在还不到一星期 |
[13:36] | You haven’t told anyone other than him. | 除了他你没有告诉其他人 |
[13:39] | Emotionally you’re still… You know what I’m dealing with? | – 从情感上讲 你仍然- – 你知道我现在的情况么? |
[13:42] | You know what I’m going through? | 你知道我所经历的么? |
[13:46] | No. | 不知道 |
[13:48] | You think Dr. House does? | 你觉得House医生知道? |
[13:53] | I’m not suggesting either one of us be your doctor. | 我不是建议让我们做你的主治医生 |
[13:56] | Dr. Stone is a psychiatrist. | Stone医生是位心理医师 |
[13:57] | If Dr. House is too busy, I could wait. | 如果House医生太忙 我可以等 |
[14:10] | Why do you want me? | 为什么你要我来? |
[14:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:17] | I don’t want to treat you. | 我不想给你治病 |
[14:20] | You’re just saying that so I’ll see the psychiatrist. | 你这么说只是要让我去看心理医生 |
[14:23] | True. Except for the word “just.” | 是的 但不是”只是” |
[14:26] | I’m saying I don’t want to treat you so you’ll see the psychiatrist | 不想给你治病是要你去看心理医生 |
[14:28] | and because I don’t want to treat you. | 还因为我不想给你治病 |
[14:33] | Why don’t you want to treat me anymore? | 为什么你不再给我治病了? |
[14:35] | I never wanted to treat you. | 我从没想过要给你治病 |
[14:37] | The fact that you were raped | 你被强暴了 |
[14:42] | holds no interest for me. | 对我来说不感兴趣 |
[14:44] | It’s nothing personal. | 不是针对你 |
[14:46] | There’s nothing to treat. | 没什么可治的 |
[14:48] | You’re physically healthy. | 你的身体是健康的 |
[14:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:57] | But I want you to be my doctor. | 但是我要你做我的主治医生 |
[15:01] | Why? | 为什么? |
[15:04] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:05] | You gotta have a reason. | 好 你得有个理由吧 |
[15:06] | Everything has a reason. | 凡事皆有缘由 |
[15:12] | I trust you. | 我信任你 |
[15:14] | Ah, you see? That’s a bad reason. | 你看 这个理由不太高明 |
[15:16] | ‘Cause I’ll lie to you. | 看 我会对你满口胡话 |
[15:18] | I’ll tell you anything just to get you out of here. | 为了让你从这里出去我会口不择言 |
[15:20] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[15:21] | I want to talk to you. | 我要和你说话 |
[15:25] | Look, you were raped. | 听着 你被强暴了 |
[15:27] | All control was taken from you. You’re trying to find that control again. | 你对现实感到无力 想重新找回掌控一切的感觉 |
[15:31] | You want me because I don’t want you. | 你想要我是因为我不想要你 |
[15:36] | I’m raping you? | 我是在强暴你么? |
[15:39] | In a very non-invasive, more annoying than traumatic… | 以非伤害方式 更烦人– |
[15:43] | Get the hell out of here! | 给我滚出这里! |
[15:45] | I’ll send in Dr. Stone. | 我会叫Stone来 |
[15:51] | I didn’t consent to all of this medicine. | 我没有同意这些用药 |
[15:54] | You’ve been out on the streets. No treatment… | 你曾流落街头 |
[15:55] | I’m dying. | – 得不到治疗 – 我快要死了 |
[15:57] | There is no treatment for dying. | 死亡是无可医治的 |
[15:59] | We can make you comfortable. | 我们可以让你好过一些 |
[16:02] | Don’t want to be. Why not? | – 不想要 – 为什么? |
[16:04] | Because I screwed up my life. | 因为我把生活弄得乱七八糟 |
[16:06] | So you want to punish yourself for messing up your life? | 所以你要自我惩罚? |
[16:11] | Please, | 拜托了 |
[16:14] | stop the treatment. | 中止治疗 |
[16:21] | It’ll go away on its own. | 它会自行消失的 |
[16:23] | It’s not. Can’t you… | 不会的 你能不能? |
[16:24] | Nope. It’ll go away. | 不能 会消失 |
[16:25] | It’s been all day. | 这样子已经一整天了 |
[16:27] | There must be some treatment you… | 你肯定有什么法子的– |
[16:28] | Nope. It’ll go away. | 没有 会消失的 |
[16:31] | Or it won’t go away. | 或者就这样子 |
[16:33] | I read about a treatment. | 我看到过一个疗法 |
[16:35] | Some doctor won a prize for it. | 还有医生因为这个得了奖 (搞笑诺贝尔医学奖:按摩肛门止打嗝) |
[16:38] | I read about it. | 我看过的 |
[16:42] | You don’t have the hiccups, do you? | 你不是打嗝吧 是不是? |
[16:48] | Make a note, | 记下来 |
[16:49] | “Drug-seeking behavior.” | 骗药的 |
[16:51] | – Morphine? – No. | – 吗啡? – 不是 |
[16:53] | Anal digital stimulation. | 后庭金手指 |
[16:59] | How long has Stone been in with her? | Stone和她在里面多久了? |
[17:01] | Are you concerned? | 你关心么? |
[17:02] | You know how many people get raped every day? | 你知道每天多少人被强暴? |
[17:05] | So it’s common, therefore boring? | 所以这很寻常 就是说没意思? |
[17:07] | If we were to care about every person suffering on the planet, | 如果我要关心地球上每个受苦受难的人 |
[17:09] | life would shut down. | 日子就没法过了 |
[17:10] | How about just the ones we meet? | 那我们遇到的这些呢? |
[17:12] | They deserve our sympathy more than the other people? | 他们比别人更值得同情? |
[17:14] | So your solution is not to give a damn about any of them. | 所你的解决之道就是谁都不鸟? |
[17:17] | How do you do that? | 你如何做到? |
[17:19] | How do you take that theory and put it in practice? You met her… | 你如何把这套理论付诸实践? |
[17:22] | Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hey! Whoa! | 你遇到了她 |
[17:29] | Hey! I paid these people 50 bucks to leave here an hour ago. | 一小时前我付给这些人50块离开这里 |
[17:31] | Yeah, we came back. | 是的 我们回来了 |
[17:33] | Then you owe me 50. | 好吧 那么你欠我50块 |
[17:34] | The kid needs surgery. | 这孩子需要动手术 |
[17:36] | And he could walk way back then. | 当时他可是行走自如 |
[17:38] | Stand up, kid. | 站起来 孩子 |
[17:41] | He swallowed a magnet. | 他吞了一块磁铁 |
[17:42] | We got to cut it out. | 我们得动手术刀了 |
[17:43] | – How old are you? | 你多大了? |
[17:44] | – Eight. | 8岁 |
[17:46] | And he swallowed something stuck to a fridge. | 他吞下了吸在冰箱上的某物 |
[17:48] | Darwin says, “Let him die.” | 达尔文说他可以死了 |
[17:50] | If it’s already below the stomach, it should pass on its own. | 已经过了胃了 它会自己排出去的 |
[17:52] | Strong magnet. | 强磁体 |
[17:54] | It’s messing with the imaging. We have no way to… | 会干扰成像 我们没法确定– |
[17:59] | You got x-ray vision, House? | 你有x光电眼 House? |
[18:06] | Whoa, whoa! You’re gonna cut him open? | 哦 你要给他开刀? |
[18:07] | Right here? | 就在这里? |
[18:19] | It’s well into the intestines. | 已经到肠子里了 |
[18:20] | He’s fine. | 他没事的 |
[18:22] | I want my 50 back. | 还我的50块 |
[18:25] | I need a crash cart! Stat! | 我要救护担架 快 |
[18:36] | What happened? | 怎么了? |
[18:37] | Pills. Benzos. | 吞药–benzos(治疗忧郁). |
[18:38] | We need to get her stomach pumped. | 需要给她洗胃 |
[18:40] | – Respiration’s shallow. | 呼吸短促 |
[18:41] | – What did you say to her? | 你对她说了什么? |
[18:41] | Nothing that would make her want to… | – 没有什么会让她- – 心跳不正常 |
[18:45] | I gave her a couple of sedatives, turned around, | 没什么 我给了她几粒镇静药 转过身 |
[18:47] | – and she grabbed the whole bottle. | 她整瓶抓起 |
[18:48] | – You must have said something. | 你肯定说了什么 |
[18:49] | I said plenty. | 我说了不少 |
[18:50] | She said nothing. | 她什么都没说 |
[18:51] | I was with her for over an hour. | 我和她在一起超过一小时 |
[18:52] | She didn’t say one word. | 她一言未发 |
[19:23] | You gonna do that again? | 你还会这么干么? |
[19:30] | You’re gonna be okay. Physically. | 你会好起来的 身体上 |
[19:34] | Which is all that interests you. | 这是唯一能让你感兴趣的 |
[19:41] | But you’re here. | 但是你来了 |
[19:42] | Under orders. | 奉命行事 |
[19:45] | Why would you tell me that? | 你为什么要告诉我? |
[19:47] | ‘Cause I don’t like hypocrisy. | 因为我不喜欢伪善 |
[19:50] | But you don’t have a problem with cruelty? | 但是铁石心肠对你来说没有问题? |
[19:55] | Which brings us back to, | 这把我们又绕回来了 |
[19:57] | why do you want me? | 为什么你想要我? |
[20:00] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:02] | You tried to kill yourself because you couldn’t talk to me. | 不能和我谈话就自杀 |
[20:04] | You must have a reason. | 你肯定有原因 |
[20:05] | Why does there always have to be a reason? | 为什么总要有一个理由? |
[20:08] | Can’t we just talk? | 我们就不能只是谈一谈? |
[20:10] | There’s a phone. | 这里有电话 |
[20:11] | Talk to a friend, a family member. | 和朋友谈 和家人谈 |
[20:13] | Call the police. | 报警 |
[20:20] | You want to talk about what happened to you? | 要不要说一下你怎么了么? |
[20:23] | No. | 不要 |
[20:26] | You want to talk about your STD meds? | 你要谈谈你的用药么? |
[20:28] | No. | 不要 |
[20:31] | You don’t really seem to want to talk. | 你看起来不像是真的要谈话 |
[20:33] | No, I do. | 不是的 我要 |
[20:35] | About what? | 谈什么? |
[20:37] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:39] | Anything. | 什么都行 |
[20:42] | The weather? | 谈天气也行? |
[20:45] | You were raped and you want to talk about the weather? | 你被强奸了 却想和我谈天气? |
[20:50] | Yeah. | 对 |
[20:54] | I’m not gonna talk to you about the weather. | 我才不和你谈这个 |
[21:03] | – You help her. | 还是您来吧… |
[21:04] | – She wants you. | 她要的是你 |
[21:05] | God knows why. | 谁知道呢… |
[21:06] | She doesn’t know what she wants. | 她根本不知道她想要什么 |
[21:07] | She knows she wants you. | 她很清楚她需要你 |
[21:08] | You were the first person she spoke to about this. | 你是第一个知道这件事的人 |
[21:10] | The fact that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time | 虽说这倒霉事是被我碰上的– |
[21:12] | should be trumped by the fact that I’m useless at this. | 可毕竟我在这方面是个废人 |
[21:15] | No, you’re not. | 你行的 |
[21:17] | You romantically wanting to believe that is never going to make it true. | 别做白日梦了 这根本不可能的 |
[21:22] | I’m agreeing with you. | 我是站在你一边地 |
[21:24] | You’re the last person she should be talking to. | 她最不该找的就是你 |
[21:27] | If she wants to talk about the weather, talk about the weather. | 她想谈天气 那就谈呗 |
[21:30] | She wants normalcy. | 她想让一切恢复正常 |
[21:31] | She wants to feel like the world didn’t end. | 她想感到这不是世界末日 |
[21:33] | Right. | 那行… |
[21:34] | I’ll tell her that everything went on without her. | 我就告诉她没了她地球照样转 |
[21:36] | Babies were born, people got married, | 人类继续繁衍生息 |
[21:38] | thousands of people will remember the day she got raped | 她被强奸的那天 也许对成千上万的其他人– |
[21:40] | as the happiest day of their lives. | 是最快乐的一天 |
[21:42] | You might not want to phrase it quite that way. | 你不会真要这么说吧? |
[21:44] | You need to get her to talk about what happened. | 你得让她谈到底怎么出的事 |
[21:46] | No, he doesn’t. | 不能这么干 |
[21:47] | Pretending it didn’t happen… | 假装一切没发生– |
[21:48] | Wrong. Pretending this didn’t happen is the best thing she could possibly do. | 现在对她最好就是假装一切都没发生 |
[21:51] | She’s got to make this real. | 得让她正视这一切 |
[21:52] | You know what we should be trying to make real or process? | 你知道我们到底该正视什么吗? |
[21:55] | The few decent moments in our lives. Not the crap. | –生命中少数的几件好事 不是这种烂事儿 |
[21:57] | Maybe you’re right. Except there’s no way she can pretend this didn’t happen. | 也许没错 可她不可能假装没有这件事 |
[22:01] | So she has no choice but to process it. | 除了正视之外 她别无选择 |
[22:06] | You’ve got to tell me what happened. | 跟我说说到底怎么出的事 |
[22:09] | You don’t really want to hear. | 你才不想听呢 |
[22:11] | Sure I do. You’re lying. | – 我当然想听 – 骗人 |
[22:17] | This doesn’t have to destroy your life. | 没必要因为这个毁了一辈子 |
[22:20] | I know. | 我知道 |
[22:21] | It doesn’t mean anything about you. | 这件事不是你造成的 |
[22:23] | It wasn’t your fault. | 不是你的错 |
[22:25] | I know. | 我知道 |
[22:26] | You did nothing wrong. | 你什么也没做错 |
[22:28] | Some jerk hurt you. That’s all. | 只是被个混蛋伤害了而已 |
[22:30] | I know. | 我知道 |
[22:31] | You’re worried that you can never trust men again. | 你担心以后再不能信任男人 |
[22:34] | No. | 没有 |
[22:35] | Statistically, there was always a chance this could happen. | 统计上来说 难免会出这种事的 |
[22:37] | The fact that it did happen doesn’t change anything. | 即便真出事了 也改变不了什么 |
[22:39] | The world doesn’t suck any more today than it did yesterday. | 世界已经够烂 明天并不会更糟 |
[22:42] | I know all that. | 这些我都知道 |
[22:44] | Well, then what do you want me to tell you? | 你到底想让我跟你谈什么? |
[22:45] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[22:47] | I just want to talk. | 只是想聊聊 |
[22:49] | About nothing. | 聊没什么大不了的事 |
[22:51] | If we talk about nothing, nothing will change. | 闲聊的话 没什么会改变的 |
[22:54] | It might. How? | – 不见得 – 怎么改变? |
[22:56] | Time. | 时间 |
[23:00] | Time changes everything. | 时间能改变一切 |
[23:03] | That’s what people say. | 人人都这么说 |
[23:04] | It’s not true. | 其实不是这样的 |
[23:06] | Doing things changes things. | 行为才能带来改变 |
[23:08] | Not doing things | 什么也不做… |
[23:11] | leaves things exactly as they were. | 只会让一切保持原样 |
[23:19] | Why do you have to suffer? | 干嘛非要受这个罪呢? |
[23:22] | I gave my word. | 我答应过别人 |
[23:25] | Who would make you promise that? | 谁还让你答应这种事啊? |
[23:26] | My father. | 我父亲 |
[23:29] | He said I would die alone and miserable. | 他说我会孤苦伶仃的死去 |
[23:33] | That’s not a promise. And even if it was, he’s dead. | 这不算承诺 即便是 他也死了 |
[23:36] | And even if he’s not, he’s not going to care if… | 就算他没死 他也不会在乎的 |
[23:38] | Why did your husband have to suffer? | 你丈夫又是何苦呢? |
[23:41] | – How do you know about my husband? | 你怎么知道我丈夫? |
[23:43] | – Well, I just know. | 我就是知道 |
[23:50] | You have to die in pain because of a promise you made to your father? | 就因为对你父亲的承诺 你就非得痛苦的死去? |
[23:54] | If I say “yes,” you’ll use that as proof that I’m insane. | 我说是的话 你肯定用这个证明我疯了 |
[24:01] | Force treatment on me. | 逼我接受治疗 |
[24:04] | Did the nurse tell you about my husband? | 护士告诉你我丈夫的事的? |
[24:06] | No. | 不是 |
[24:11] | – Nurse! – Yes. | – 护士? – 是… |
[24:15] | It’s under control. | 没事了 |
[24:22] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[24:24] | I was just trying to freak you out. | 我就是想吓吓你 |
[24:27] | Why? | 为什么? |
[24:28] | Because I need you to remember me. | 因为我得让你记住我 |
[24:30] | I need somebody to remember me. | 我希望有人能记住我 |
[24:38] | Where did you go to college? | 上的什么大学? |
[24:40] | Northwestern. | 西北大学 |
[24:41] | You? Hopkins. | – 你呢? – 霍普金斯 |
[24:44] | What was your major? | 什么专业? |
[24:46] | Comparative religion. | 比较宗教学 |
[24:47] | Why do you trust me? | 为什么信任我? |
[24:48] | I don’t know. Can’t we just… | 不知道 |
[24:49] | That’s not rational. | – 咱们能不能… – 这根本不合道理! |
[24:51] | Nothing’s rational. | 没什么是合理的 |
[24:52] | Everything is rational! | 一切都该是合乎道理的 |
[24:53] | I was raped. | 我被强奸了 |
[24:55] | Explain how that makes sense to you. | 你觉得这怎么合理了? |
[25:00] | We are selfish, base animals crawling across the earth, | 我们不过是一群占据大地的自私动物 |
[25:05] | and because we’ve got brains, if we try real hard, | 但由于我们有智力 如果努力尝试 |
[25:08] | we can occasionally aspire to something that is less than pure evil. | 我们偶尔也会做出点不那么糟的事 |
[25:18] | Has anything terrible ever happened to you? | 你身上发生过什么糟糕的事情吗? |
[25:24] | What do you want me to say? | 你到底想让我说什么? |
[25:27] | You wanted this conversation. | 是你提出要谈谈 |
[25:30] | You wanted to talk about something that matters. | 说说心里的想法 |
[25:33] | Talk. | 说吧 |
[25:40] | She’s waiting for your answer? | 她还在等你回答? |
[25:42] | She’s asleep. | 她睡着了 |
[25:45] | I sedated her. | 我给她用了镇静剂 |
[25:48] | Why do you care what you say to her? | 你为什么在乎和她的谈话? |
[25:49] | Because I don’t know how to answer these questions. | 因为我不知道如何回答那些问题 |
[25:53] | It’s a simple question. “Has your life sucked?” | 问题很简单 你的生活是不是一团糟 |
[25:55] | Tell her the truth. | 跟她讲实话 |
[25:56] | Tell her you were shot. Tell her… | 说你受了枪伤 |
[25:57] | She doesn’t want to hear the truth. | 她根本不在乎什么实话 |
[25:59] | She’s looking for something. Looking to extrapolate some… | 她内心在寻找 或是想要– |
[26:02] | She’s looking to connect with you. | 她在想和你建立沟通 |
[26:04] | And that’s what’s scaring the hell out of you. | 这种事你最怕了 |
[26:05] | Tell her the truth. | 告诉她实情 |
[26:07] | There is no truth. | 根本没什么实情 |
[26:11] | Are we role-playing? | 我们这是角色扮演? |
[26:13] | Am I you? I don’t want to be you. | 我扮你吗? 我可不想扮你 |
[26:14] | She’s not asking for test results. | 她既没询问检验结果 |
[26:16] | She’s not asking what two plus two equals. | 也没问二加二等于几 |
[26:18] | She’s asking for my personal life experience | 而是在探寻我的生活经历 |
[26:20] | so she can extrapolate to all humanity. | 好照搬到其他人身上 |
[26:22] | That’s not truth. | 这哪是实话 |
[26:23] | It’s bad science. | 荒谬的理论 |
[26:26] | It’s not science at all. | 这根本算不上科学理论 |
[26:29] | Tell her the truth. | 告诉她实话 |
[26:33] | Tell her your life has been good. | 和她说你的生活很愉快 |
[26:35] | It hasn’t been. | 从来没有过 |
[26:36] | Tell her anyway. | 总之就这么说 |
[26:37] | She wants hope. | 她需要希望 |
[26:38] | She wants to know that what happened to her wasn’t the norm. | 她想确定在她身上发生的事情是个特例 |
[26:41] | That things can be okay, which means maybe they can be okay for her again. | 事情过了一切都会好的 或许他们能让她好起来 |
[26:48] | Tell her your life sucked. | 告诉她你的生活简直一团糟 |
[26:50] | It didn’t. | 我哪有 |
[26:51] | Tell her anyway. | 就这么说 |
[26:52] | She wants to know she’s not alone. | 让她感到不再孤独 |
[26:54] | She wants to know she’s gonna survive this. | 她能挺过来 |
[26:55] | That other people have been through this and worse and come out the other end. | 其他经历过更惨痛事情的人最终都 能从阴影中走出来 |
[26:59] | She wants to know if she’s going to heal. | 她也能痊愈 |
[27:01] | Act like you’ve healed. | 就像 …. 你也”痊愈”了 |
[27:06] | Tell her… Keep her asleep. | 告诉她… 还是让她睡着好了 |
[27:13] | Thanks. You all have been a huge help. | 多谢 你们都给我出了不少主意 |
[27:17] | There’s no wrong answer. Because there’s no right answer. | 这种事情根本无法分辨答案的正确与否 |
[27:22] | Wrong. | 不对 |
[27:24] | We just don’t know what the right answer is. | 我们还没找到正确的而已 |
[27:32] | Wake up. | 醒醒 |
[27:41] | It’s not as bad as what happened to you. I don’t think. | 发生在你身上的事情还没那么糟 至少我认为 |
[27:46] | I don’t know what happened to you. | 我不清楚究竟发生了什么 |
[27:48] | But given how lousy you’re responding, | 但是就你的反应来看 |
[27:49] | I assume it was worse than getting abused by your grandmother. | 我猜比起我祖母的虐待要严重的多 |
[27:56] | What did she do to you? | 她怎么对你了? |
[28:00] | Parents traveled a lot. They’d leave me with her. | 我父母经常外出 把我留给她照顾 |
[28:04] | She liked things the way she liked them. | 她喜欢说一不二 |
[28:07] | And she believed in discipline. | 什么都要求纪律 |
[28:09] | She was right, I suppose, | 她是对的 我想是的 因为 |
[28:10] | because I hardly ever screwed up when she was around. | 她在身边时我从不犯错 |
[28:14] | Too scared of getting forced to sleep in the yard or take a bath in ice. | 怕被罚在院子里睡觉 或是洗冰水浴 |
[28:24] | Your turn. | 该你了 |
[28:28] | Your parents, they never stopped her? | 你父母 他们–从没阻止她? |
[28:32] | I never told them. | 我从未告诉他们 |
[28:34] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[28:36] | Usual reasons. I was afraid they wouldn’t believe me. | 理由很简单 我怕他们不信我 |
[28:39] | I was afraid they’d think I’d done something wrong. | 怕他们以为是我做错事 |
[28:46] | I opened up to you. You open up to me. | 我说了 该你敞开心扉了 |
[28:49] | What did you call her? Oma. | – 你怎么称呼她? – Oma |
[28:51] | And you kept calling her that after this? | 事情发生后你一直这么称呼她? |
[28:54] | Dutch for “grandmother.” | 荷兰语的祖母 |
[28:55] | She was still my grandmother. And she was still Dutch. | 她还是我祖母 还是个荷兰人 |
[29:04] | Is any part of that story true? | 你说的话里有真的部分吗? |
[29:07] | All of it. | 全是真的 |
[29:09] | You wouldn’t keep calling her Oma. | 你不应该还叫她Oma |
[29:11] | Something would have to change. | 尤其是发生了这种事情 |
[29:13] | You don’t know me. You wouldn’t keep calling her Oma! | – 你不了解我 – 你不会叫她Oma |
[29:17] | – Look, you’re over-reacting… – | 你反应过度了 |
[29:18] | Do not dismiss me. | 不要敷衍我 |
[29:19] | I’m not dismissing you. | 我没有 |
[29:20] | I’m saying you’re not acting rationally. | 我的意思是你现在不太理智 |
[29:22] | I’m angry because you are lying to me! | 我生气是因为你说谎 |
[29:24] | – No, you are… | 不是 你– |
[29:25] | – What can I do? | 那我应该怎么做? |
[29:26] | What the hell can I do that you’re not gonna dismiss | 怎么做你才不会编故事敷衍 |
[29:28] | as just being because I was raped? | 一个被强暴的女孩 |
[29:34] | Nothing. | 什么都不必做 |
[29:39] | Your story, is it true? | 你的故事 …到底是不是真的? |
[29:45] | True for somebody. | 有些人的是真的 |
[29:48] | But not for you. | 但不是你身上 |
[29:50] | These things happen. | 有些事情发生了 |
[29:52] | It happened to somebody. | 在某些人身上发生 |
[29:52] | What do you care if it happened to me? | 在不在我身上有什么关系? |
[29:54] | – They’re not in this room. | 因为屋子里只有你 |
[29:56] | – No, they’re out there! Doctors, lawyers, postal workers. | 不! 他们就在那儿 医生 律师… 邮递员 |
[30:00] | Some of them doing great, | 有人一切美满 |
[30:01] | some of them doing lousy. | 有人生活潦倒 |
[30:02] | You gonna base your whole life on who you got stuck in a room with? | 难道你要根据同屋的人 得出今后的一生? |
[30:05] | I’m gonna base this moment on who I’m stuck in a room with. | 我要根据他来决定这一刻 |
[30:10] | It’s what life is. | 这就是生活 |
[30:12] | It’s a series of rooms. | 一间间屋子 |
[30:14] | And who we get stuck in those rooms with adds up to what our lives are. | 每个曾经同屋的人 构筑了你的生活 |
[30:26] | House House? | |
[30:42] | You gotta get me out of this. | 你得帮我一把 |
[30:44] | There’s nothing to diagnose. There’s nothing… | 没病可看 |
[30:45] | You only tested her for STDs? | – 没… – 你只查了性病? |
[30:48] | I had seven morons who forgot their raincoats. | 我看了七个傻子 忘穿小夜衣 |
[30:50] | It’s all they asked for so I didn’t waste the lab’s time. Why? | 他们都怀疑得性病 所以没去浪费实验室的时间 怎么了 |
[30:53] | I wasted their time. | 我去了 |
[30:55] | She’s pregnant. | 她怀孕了 |
[31:10] | Do you understand? | 明白吗? |
[31:16] | Are you okay? | 还好吗? |
[31:18] | I mean, I know you’re not okay. But are you more or less not okay | 我知道你很糟 我是说 比起五分钟前 |
[31:22] | than you were five minutes ago? | 多少是不是感觉更糟? |
[31:26] | About the same. | 差不多 |
[31:28] | Good. | 很好 |
[31:30] | The termination procedure isn’t pleasant… | 人流会不太舒服 |
[31:32] | I don’t want to terminate. | 我没想做人流 |
[31:36] | You want to keep the baby? | 你想要这孩子? |
[31:38] | Abortion is murder. | 堕胎意味着谋杀 |
[31:42] | True. It’s a life. | 对 是条命 可是… |
[31:45] | And you should end it. | 你得结束他 |
[31:48] | Every life is sacred. | 生命都是神圣的 |
[31:51] | Talk to me. Don’t quote me bumper stickers. | 晕 好好谈谈 别给我上课 |
[31:54] | – It’s true. – It’s meaningless. | – 我说得对 – 这有什么意义 |
[31:56] | It means every life matters to God. | 意义在于 上帝眷顾一切生命 |
[31:57] | Not to me, not to you. | 没眷顾我 也没眷顾你 |
[31:59] | And judging by the number of natural disasters, not to God either. | 从自然灾害的数量来看 上帝不在乎人类 |
[32:02] | You’re just being argumentative. | 你只是在诡辩 |
[32:03] | Yeah. I do do that. | 是! 我是喜欢诡辩 |
[32:06] | What about Hitler? | 那希特勒怎样? |
[32:07] | Was his life sacred to God? | 他的命在上帝面前也是神圣的? |
[32:09] | The father of your child? Is his life sacred to you? | 这孩子的父亲 他的命 在你看来也是神圣的? |
[32:12] | My child isn’t Hitler. | 我孩子不是希特勒 |
[32:14] | Either every life is sacred or… | 生命要么都很神圣 那么– |
[32:15] | Stop it! I don’t want to chat about philosophy! | 住口! 我不想聊哲学 |
[32:19] | You’re not killing your rape baby because of a philosophy. | 你的哲学要你留下强奸犯的孩子 |
[32:23] | It’s murder. I’m against it. You for it? | 这是谋杀 我反对 你支持? |
[32:28] | Not as a general rule. | 不是说所有的 |
[32:29] | Just for unborn children? | 没出生的孩子就可以? |
[32:31] | Yes. | 对 |
[32:36] | The problem with exceptions to rules is the line-drawing. | 例外的关键在于界限 |
[32:40] | It might make sense to kill the ass that did this to you, | 也许那个强奸犯该死 |
[32:43] | but then where do we draw the line? | 但是 如何界定? |
[32:45] | Which asses do we get to kill? Which asses get to keep on being asses? | 哪些混蛋要死 哪些要留下 叫他们继续做混蛋? |
[32:49] | The nice thing about the abortion debate | 关于堕胎的争论有一点便利之处 |
[32:51] | is we can quibble over trimesters but ultimately | 尽管三期的划分有得争论 但终究 |
[32:53] | there’s a nice clean line, birth. | 有一条清晰的界限: 出生 |
[32:59] | Morally there’s not a lot of difference. Practically, huge. | 道德上 出生与否并无分别 操作起来就很大差别 |
[33:05] | You’re enjoying this conversation. | 你喜欢这类话题 |
[33:09] | It’s just the type of conversation I do well. | 我擅长这类话题 |
[33:14] | But the other type? | 不过另一类… |
[33:19] | The personal stuff? | 个人问题? |
[33:23] | There are no answers. | 无从回答 |
[33:26] | And if there are no answers, why talk about it? | 既然没法回答 谈它干嘛? |
[33:33] | You’re healthy. | 你很健康 |
[33:35] | You shouldn’t be here. | 不该在这儿 |
[33:39] | I don’t want to go. | 我不想离开 |
[33:44] | Fine. I won’t discharge you. | 好 我不让你出院 |
[33:53] | Wanna go for a walk? | 想散散步吗? |
[34:03] | It’s the last of my journey. | 旅途到了尽头 |
[34:05] | You don’t deserve pain. | 这痛苦不是你该承受的 |
[34:06] | You’re just an insane old man. – No. | – 你只是失去了理智 – 不 不 |
[34:08] | – I am not going to watch you suffer. | 我不会看着你受罪 |
[34:09] | I need you to remember me. | 我要你记住我 |
[34:11] | – I’ll remember you! | 我会记住你的! |
[34:13] | – Why? | 凭什么? |
[34:13] | Because you’re a nice man. | 因为你是好人 |
[34:15] | You don’t know that. | 你不明白 |
[34:16] | You don’t know anything about me. | 你根本不了解我 |
[34:18] | Either you were a nice man or you were an ass. | 不管你是好是坏 |
[34:20] | Either way you did something to somebody that they’re going to remember. | 你一定做过某些事 让别人能记住 |
[34:23] | I have no family. | 我没有家 |
[34:24] | I have no friends. | 没有朋友 |
[34:26] | I didn’t even have a real job. | 甚至没有像样的工作 |
[34:29] | If I die in peace, then I’m just another patient. | 要是平平静静的死了 那我不过是 又一位普通的病人 |
[34:32] | But if I die suffering… It’ll be horrible. | – 但如果我痛苦的死去– – 会非常恐怖的 |
[34:36] | Don’t do that to either of us. | 对你 对我 都别这样 |
[34:37] | No. I just need to die knowing that something is different because I was here. | 不 我只是需要知道有些事因我而不同 |
[34:46] | Ooh! No. | 噢… 噢 不 |
[35:25] | Life goes on. | 生活还要继续 |
[35:29] | Is that the reason why we’re out here? | 我们到这儿来 就为这个? |
[35:32] | Know why I come here? | 嗯 为什么来这儿? |
[35:34] | I sit. I watch. I imagine. | 我坐在这儿 观察着 想象着 |
[35:40] | Sounds nice. | 听上去不错 |
[35:41] | I imagine that one of them will break a leg. | 想象他们中有人会断腿 |
[35:45] | Just one false step, one crack in the sidewalk… | 仅仅一步之失 接着人行道上 传来啪的一声 |
[35:50] | You don’t really. | 你没有 |
[35:51] | I’m evil. | 我是个恶人 |
[35:53] | Evil people don’t say they’re evil. | 恶人不会承认这点 |
[35:55] | That sounds like an easy loophole. | 听上去是个逻辑漏洞 |
[36:00] | People can do good things, | 人们可以做好事 |
[36:03] | but their instincts are not good. | 但要是本性就不好 |
[36:05] | Either God doesn’t exist or he’s unimaginably cruel. | 那只能说不存在上帝 或者他残酷到超乎想象 |
[36:10] | I don’t believe that. | 我不信 |
[36:13] | What do you believe? | 那你信什么? |
[36:15] | Why do you think this happened? | 你觉得为什么会这样? |
[36:19] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想谈这个 |
[36:21] | Me neither. | 一样 |
[36:23] | Too bad. | 糟透了 |
[36:27] | You know, I don’t think there was a reason. | 我想这没什么原因 |
[36:30] | So God does exist, lets you get raped, | 啊 哈 那么存在上帝 他要你被强奸 |
[36:32] | needs you to keep your rape baby for no reason. | 还要你毫无由头的留下强奸犯的孩子 |
[36:38] | Maybe he was challenging me. | 好吧 或许他在考验我 |
[36:41] | He hurts you to help you. | 他伤害你 因为想帮你 |
[36:44] | Well, I guess it’s better than because he hates you. | 这样的解释好过上帝讨厌你 |
[36:47] | You’re trying to convince me there’s no God. | 你想要我相信没有上帝 |
[36:48] | Why would you even say something like that? | 你为什么非说这种话? |
[36:50] | Because you’re throwing your life away. | 因为你会毁了你的生活 |
[36:52] | I’m doing what I believe! | 我在按信仰办事 |
[36:53] | What you believe doesn’t make sense. | 你的信仰毫无道理 |
[36:57] | This is not helping me. | 这样帮不了我 |
[36:59] | Then I can’t help you. | 那么我帮不了你 |
[37:03] | If you believe in eternity, then life is irrelevant. | 如果你相信永恒 那还谈什么生命 |
[37:07] | The same way that a bug is irrelevant in comparison to the universe. | 在宇宙面前 像一只小虫般微不足道 |
[37:16] | If you don’t believe in eternity, then what you do here is irrelevant. | 如果你不相信永恒 那你这一世有什么意义 |
[37:20] | Your actions here are all that matters. | 意义在于你如何过这一世 |
[37:22] | Then nothing matters. | 有什么意义! |
[37:24] | There’s no ultimate consequences. | 既然没有终极后果 |
[37:28] | I couldn’t live like that. | 我没法这样过 |
[37:32] | So, you need to think that the guy who did this to you is going to be punished? | 所以你要让自己相信 犯事那家伙会遭天谴 |
[37:38] | I need to know that it all means something. | 我需要知道生而有意 |
[37:42] | I need that comfort. | 我需要安慰 |
[37:45] | Yeah. Are you feeling comfortable? | 是啊 舒服了吗? |
[37:49] | You feeling good right now? You feel warm inside? | 现在舒服了 心里暖暖的? |
[38:01] | I was raped. | 我被强奸了 |
[38:05] | What’s your excuse? | 你的说辞呢? |
[39:04] | Do you think the guy who did this to me feels bad? | 你觉得犯事那家伙的日子会难过吗? |
[39:08] | Would that help you? | 对你有帮助吗? |
[39:10] | Make you feel better? | 会让你感觉好些吗? |
[39:13] | Why do you always do that? | 你干嘛老这样… |
[39:15] | Ask why I’m asking questions instead of just answering the question? | 总是问我为什么这么问 而不去回答我的问题? |
[39:19] | The answer doesn’t interest me. | 我对答案不感兴趣 |
[39:22] | I don’t care what he’s feeling. | 我不在乎他的感受 |
[39:23] | I’m interested in what you’re feeling. | 我关心你的感觉 |
[39:28] | You are? | 是吗? |
[39:34] | I’m trapped in the room with you, right? | 我跟你困在一间房里 是吧? |
[39:39] | Why did you choose me? | 为什么选了我? |
[39:45] | There’s something about you. | 你身上有些东西 |
[39:50] | It’s like you’re hurt, too. | 告诉我你也受过伤 |
[40:06] | It was true. | 是真的 |
[40:10] | What was? | 什么是真的? |
[40:13] | It wasn’t my grandmother. But it was true. | 那事是真的 虽然不是我祖母 |
[40:20] | Who was it? | 是谁? |
[40:25] | It was my dad. | 我爸爸 |
[40:45] | I’d like to tell you what happened to me now. | 现在我愿意告诉你发生了什么 |
[40:53] | I’d like to hear it. | 我愿意听 |
[41:02] | It was my friend’s birthday party… | 是在我朋友的生日晚会上… |
[41:56] | She terminated. | 她做了人流 |
[41:57] | She’s been discharged. | 出院了 |
[42:01] | She’s going to be okay. | 会没事的 |
[42:03] | Yeah. It’s that simple. | 能这么简单就好了 |
[42:08] | She’s talking about what happened. | 她说了经过 |
[42:10] | That’s huge. You did good. | 很难得 做得好 |
[42:13] | And everyone’ll tell you that’s what we gotta make her do. | 大家会说如果想帮她 |
[42:16] | We got to help her, right? | 就得让她说出来 对吧? |
[42:19] | Except we can’t. | 其实我们没帮到她 |
[42:21] | We drag out her story, tell each other that it’ll help her heal | 我们从她嘴里套出故事 告诉大家 以为这样会帮她康复 |
[42:28] | and feel real good about ourselves. | 然后自己感觉良好 |
[42:32] | Maybe all we’ve done is make a girl cry. | 或许我们做到的 只是让一个女孩哭 |
[42:37] | Then why did you… | 那你干嘛– |
[42:43] | Because I don’t know. | 因为我不知道 |
[42:54] | You gonna follow up with her? | 你要跟进她的病例? |
[42:58] | One day, one room. | 每天一个病房 |