时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Try not to be scared when you see him, okay? | 看见他时 不要害怕 好吗? |
[00:04] | Mom, I’ve seen him sick. | 妈妈 我见过他病的样子 |
[00:06] | I’m not scared. | 我不害怕 |
[00:07] | This time’s different. | 这次不一样 |
[00:09] | The doctors gave him an extra course of radiation and chemo… | 他化疗和放疗的量都加大了… |
[00:11] | I know. | 我知道 |
[00:13] | And you understand how proud we are of you, right? | 你知道我们多么以你为荣 对吧? |
[00:17] | Gloves, mask. | 手套 口罩 |
[00:59] | Matty Matty, | |
[00:59] | you said you wanted to see your brother before the procedure. | 你说想在动手术前见见你的哥哥 |
[01:03] | I know I look like an alien, | 我知道我看起来像个外星人 |
[01:06] | but I promise not to eat your brain. | 但我保证不会吃掉你的脑袋 |
[01:10] | When this is done, will you be able to play out back with me? | 这一切结束之后 你会回来和我玩吗? |
[01:14] | I’ll rip anything you put near the strike zone. | 我会击中所有你抛进好球区的球 |
[01:18] | Let your brother rest up, while we take some of your marrow. | 我们去抽骨髓 让你的哥哥休息一会儿 |
[01:29] | You don’t need to be in an isolation room, | 你不需要呆在隔离室里 |
[01:31] | but I pulled some strings so you could be next door to your brother. | 但我特地把你安排到了你哥哥隔壁房间 |
[01:35] | How many games will I miss? | 我会错过多少比赛? |
[01:36] | Well, you only have to be here overnight, | 你只需在这里呆一个晚上 |
[01:38] | but you do have to take it easy for a little bit. | 但你要好好休息一段时间 |
[01:39] | – I already missed two. – Matty… | – 我已经错过了两场 – Matty |
[01:41] | I know. It’s okay. | 我了解 没关系的 |
[01:43] | It must have been a drag. | 肯定拖后退了 |
[01:45] | We just had to make sure you weren’t exposed to any bugs, | 只是要确认你没有受到任何感染 |
[01:47] | because your healthy bone marrow is what’s gonna cure your brother’s leukemia. | 你健康的骨髓 才能治愈你哥哥的白血病… |
[03:30] | He sneezed. | 他打喷嚏了 |
[03:31] | Maybe it’s just an allergy. | 也许只是过敏 |
[03:33] | Not with an enlarged spleen and a fever. | 过敏可不会伴有脾脏肿大和发烧 |
[03:35] | He’s got one of 10,000 possible infections, | 他得了任何一种感染 |
[03:38] | even if it’s just the common cold, | 那怕只是普通感冒 |
[03:40] | I do the transplant, he kills his brother. | 那样移植也会杀了他哥哥 |
[03:42] | How long do we have? | 我们还有多久? |
[03:42] | Radiation obliterated his immune system. | 放射治疗破坏了他的免疫系统 |
[03:44] | Even in a clean room, | 就算在无菌室里 |
[03:47] | he’s got four, maybe five, days left. | 他也只剩下四五天了 |
[03:49] | No way we can solve this that fast. | 我们不可能很快找到办法的 |
[03:51] | You need to find another donor. | 得去再找一个捐献者 |
[03:52] | They’re African American. | 他们是黑人 |
[03:53] | It makes it nearly impossible to find a full match. | 几乎不可能再找到完全匹配的了 |
[03:56] | Tell me about it. | 说得对 |
[03:57] | I can’t even find the one I’ve got working for me. | 连我的黑手下都找不到了 |
[03:59] | Where is Foreman? | Foreman去哪儿了? |
[04:09] | Nothing like a dead patient to send you back to your choir boy roots. | 医死患者唤醒你唱诗班男孩的本性 |
[04:15] | Hey, you’re not gonna believe what happened. | 你肯定不能相信 |
[04:17] | Wilson just killed a kid same way you did. | Wilson刚刚和你一样 治死个孩子 |
[04:19] | He’s not dead. | 他还没有死 |
[04:20] | Five days are gonna fly by. | 五天转瞬即过 |
[04:22] | He didn’t look both ways before he nuked. | 他辐射那孩子时 没有考虑周全 |
[04:25] | You done talking to your imaginary friend? | 你和你想象中的朋友聊完了吗? |
[04:27] | Because I thought, maybe, you could do your job and just… | 因为我想你也该做本职工作了 |
[04:29] | Start the donor brother on broad-spectrum antibiotics. | 我该对捐骨髓的弟弟使用广谱抗生素 |
[04:33] | Great idea, if you’re looking to save exactly one kid. | 好主意 如果只想救兄弟其中一人的话 |
[04:35] | Broad-spec will take at least a week to work. | 广谱抗生素要一个星期才能见效 |
[04:37] | We need narrow-spec. | 得用窄谱抗生素 |
[04:40] | … | 病人的名字叫Matty 他哥哥叫Nick |
[04:42] | Hector’s my dog. | Hector是我的狗 |
[04:43] | He’s about 17? | 他大概17岁了 |
[04:45] | Seventeen? | 17岁? |
[04:46] | That’s, like, | 那相当于 |
[04:47] | a 119 in human years. | 人类年龄的119岁 |
[04:49] | Why is he still alive? | 他怎么还活着? |
[04:50] | Five days minus 20 seconds talking about Wilson’s dog. | 讨论Wilson的狗花20秒 得从五天里减去 |
[04:53] | We need to start testing. | 得开始做测试 |
[04:54] | Stool samples for parasites, antibody tests… | 粪便采样检查寄生虫 抗体检测… |
[04:57] | Blood panel was negative for all the usual suspects. | 血检否定了所有常见的猜测 |
[04:58] | That’s because the infection is too small. | 那是因为感染实在太轻 |
[05:00] | We start testing now, it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack. | 现在检查 犹如草垛寻针 |
[05:04] | We draw blood, odds are we’re just gonna come up with hay. | 我们抽血 只能捞上茅草 |
[05:06] | We need to grow more needles. | 得多丢几根针进去 |
[05:12] | Okay, that probably needs further explanation. | 好吧 也许得说得更明白一点 |
[05:15] | We make the donor kid sicker. | 让捐骨髓那孩子病再重些 |
[05:17] | We freeze him, we soak him, break down his immune system. | 让他受冻 让他淋湿 破坏他的免疫系统 |
[05:20] | Suddenly we’re looking at some needle that a camel can pass through the eye of. | 这样就能找到那根针 针眼大到骆驼能穿过 |
[05:23] | Making him sicker risks spreading the infection all throughout his body. | 那样做可能会使感染散布他全身 |
[05:26] | True, but who cares? | 没错 那又怎样? |
[05:28] | Once we know what the infection is, we’ll know exactly how to treat it. | 只要知道是什么感染 就可以针对治疗了 |
[05:30] | As long as he isn’t dead yet, we’re cool. | 只要他不死 就没问题 |
[05:32] | We should do what we normally do. | 我们应该按常规手段来办… |
[05:34] | Go to the kid’s house, check for sources of the infection. | 去那孩子家 寻找感染源 |
[05:36] | Waste of time. | 浪费时间 |
[05:38] | You think it’s in the house. | 你认为感染在房子里 |
[05:39] | I know it’s in the patient. | 我肯定它在患者身体里 |
[05:40] | Safer than intentionally making the kid sicker. | 总比故意让他病得更重安全 |
[05:44] | Fine, go. | 好 去吧 |
[05:52] | So exactly how sick are you gonna make Matty? | 那你们具体打算让Matty病多重? |
[05:56] | He could get quite ill. | 可能得很重 |
[05:58] | It certainly won’t be a pleasant experience for anyone, but it’s our only… | 对谁这感觉肯定都不好受 但这是… |
[06:01] | Ever get caught in the rain without an umbrella? | 有没有不带伞时碰到下雨? |
[06:04] | That’s all we’re talking about here. Sign the form. | 就是这意思 签字吧 |
[06:06] | It’s a little more complicated than that. | 这比那个要复杂一些 |
[06:08] | We’ll also be doing leukapheresis. | 还会做白细胞去除术 |
[06:10] | We run Matty’s blood through a machine that filters out his white blood cells. | 通过机器把Matty血中的白细胞过滤出来 |
[06:13] | But without his white cells, how could he get better in time? | 但如果没有白细胞 他怎么能及时恢复? |
[06:15] | We’ll pump the white blood cells back as soon as we have a diagnosis. | 一旦有诊断结果 立刻把白细胞输回去 |
[06:18] | Then we should be able to cure the infection in time to do the transplant. | 那样就可以治疗感染 不耽误移植 |
[06:21] | But you can’t guarantee? | 但你们不能保证? |
[06:22] | We’re not GM. | 我们不是通用汽车 |
[06:23] | No recalls, no rebates. | 不能召回 不能打折 |
[06:25] | Anymore questions while your son’s life slips away? | 还有问题吗 当你们儿子的生命在消逝 |
[06:35] | You really think we should do this? | 你真觉得我们该这么做? |
[06:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:38] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[06:39] | Your patient, you tell them. | 你的病人 你来说 |
[06:44] | This is your family. | 这是你的家人 |
[06:45] | It needs to be your decision. | 得你来做出决定 |
[06:56] | All you had to do was say, “Yes, I do.” | 你唯一该说的是”是的 我同意” |
[06:58] | God knows it’s a phrase that you’ve used often enough in your life. | 谁都知道你这辈子常常说这句话 |
[07:01] | It was a mistake every time. | 每次都是个错误 |
[07:02] | Give it a break. They said yes. | 消停一下吧 他们同意了 |
[07:04] | That’s not enough for you. | 对你来说不够好 |
[07:05] | You need them to feel good about saying yes. | 你得让他们心甘情愿地同意 |
[07:07] | I treat patients for months, maybe years, not weeks, like you. | 我花几个月 甚至几年来治疗病人 而不是像你 几个礼拜就好 |
[07:10] | I’m taller. | 我比你高 |
[07:12] | If they don’t trust me, I can’t do my job. | 如果他们不信任我 我就没法工作 |
[07:13] | The only value of that trust is that you can manipulate them. | 信任的唯一好处就是让你可以操纵他们 |
[07:16] | You should write greeting cards. | 你应该写问候卡片 |
[07:18] | Giving the parents a chance to make a bad choice was a bad choice. | 不该给父母做出错误决定的机会 |
[07:20] | At least it would have been their choice. | 至少是他们自己的选择 |
[07:22] | One they’d regret at their son’s funeral. | 他们会在儿子葬礼上后悔 |
[07:26] | Kitchen and bathrooms were immaculate. | 厨房和厕所一尘不染 |
[07:28] | Whatever the kid’s got, he didn’t get here. | 不管是什么病 肯定不是从这里得的 |
[07:30] | No, whatever the kid got, | 不 不管是什么病 |
[07:32] | he didn’t get from the kitchen or the bathroom. | 只能说不是从厨房或厕所得的 |
[07:34] | Nobody cleans swing sets. | 没有人清理过秋千 |
[07:36] | Yeah, | 是啊 |
[07:37] | because their kid’s 10 and hasn’t used it since he was six. | 他们儿子10岁了 从6岁开始就没再用过 |
[07:40] | You obviously think your time could be better spent. | 很显然你觉得这时间花得不值 |
[07:42] | Why’d you come along? | 你为什么还来? |
[07:45] | You feel bad about what happened last week. | 对上周发生的事情我很难过 |
[07:46] | I’m handling it. | 我能缓过劲来 |
[07:48] | Think the family’s gonna sue? | 她家里人会起诉吗? |
[07:50] | She only had her grandparents, and they weren’t close. | 她只有祖父母 而且关系不亲 |
[07:52] | Well, that’s good. | 那就好 |
[07:53] | For you, I mean. | 我是指对你而言 |
[07:54] | A lawsuit makes it even harder to put behind you. | 如果打官司了 你更不容易从中解脱 |
[07:57] | You put yours behind you? | 你从你的困扰中解脱了? |
[08:00] | Nope. | 没有 |
[08:05] | When I woke up this morning I… | 我今天早上醒来的时候 我… |
[08:07] | I couldn’t remember what she was wearing when I admitted her. | 我都不记得入院时 她穿着什么衣服 |
[08:10] | Memories fade. | 记忆会减退的 |
[08:11] | I killed her a week ago and I can’t remember what color top she was wearing. | 一星期前我害死她 却记不得她穿着什么颜色的上衣 |
[08:14] | I was grateful when I could wake up not thinking about her. | 醒来时没有想着她 我会开心 |
[08:19] | … | 你的患者死了 是因为当时你因父亲的死讯分心 |
[08:22] | I made a calculated decision. | 我是思考后 作出的决定 |
[08:26] | You acted like a human being. | 你的做法像个正常人 |
[08:28] | I acted like | 我的做法像是 |
[08:30] | House House. | |
[08:42] | Could be Mucor or Strongyloides in this dirt. | 这泥里可能有白霉属或者类圆线虫属 |
[08:45] | No pulmonary symptoms, | 肺部没有症状 |
[08:47] | setting well, breathing easily. | 他安顿得很好 呼吸正常 |
[09:09] | Mom, I’m freezing. | 妈妈 我好冷 |
[09:15] | How long do I have to wait? | 还得多久… |
[09:18] | Matty, we found an old water pump in your backyard. | Matty 我们在你家后院发现一个机井 |
[09:20] | You ever drink from it? | 你有喝里面的水吗? |
[09:21] | Yeah, it was gross. | 有 超级恶心的 |
[09:23] | We gotta test for Mycobacteria, leptospirosis. | 我们得检查分歧杆菌 钩端螺旋体病 |
[09:26] | When did you drink the water? | 你什么时候喝的水? |
[09:27] | Last summer? | 去年夏天? |
[09:30] | You sure? | 你确定? |
[09:31] | You haven’t even taken a sip to cool off? | 你确定玩热的时候没有去喝一小口? |
[09:34] | It was really gross. | 那真的超级恶心 |
[09:37] | My shoulder’s bugging me. | 我的肩膀难受 |
[09:38] | Does that matter? | 有问题吗? |
[09:39] | It could. | 有可能 |
[09:41] | Did you do anything to hurt it? | 你弄伤过? |
[09:42] | Just threw the ball around the other day, | 就是那天抛球 |
[09:44] | for a couple hours. | 练了几个小时 |
[09:46] | It’s probably just a muscle ache. | 可能只是肌肉酸痛 |
[09:47] | Let us know if it gets worse. | 如果恶化 告诉我们 |
[09:51] | So soreness and stuff, that’s not ’cause I’m sick? | 有点别的疼痛 不是我得病的原因吧? |
[09:57] | Is something else bugging you? | 还有什么让你不舒服? |
[10:02] | Sort of. | 算是吧 |
[10:06] | – He has acute scrotum. | 他有阴囊急症 |
[10:08] | – Adorable. Please, | 很可爱 请继续 |
[10:09] | I thought you were dignified. | 我以为你品格高尚 |
[10:11] | Come on, how am I not supposed to make that joke? | 拜托 我不该开那个玩笑吗? |
[10:14] | Best thing about big, honking gonads, well, one of the best things, | 生殖腺肿大 至少有一点好处 |
[10:18] | is that there’s only a few infections that could cause it. | 它只会由少数几种感染导致 |
[10:21] | Do urinalysis and cultures | 做个尿分析 |
[10:22] | for E. coli, Klebsiella, TB, and Brucella. | 以及培养大肠杆菌 克雷伯氏杆菌 肺结核菌和布鲁氏杆菌 |
[10:25] | Blood tests for enteroviruses and adenoviruses. | 血检肠道病毒和腺病毒 |
[10:28] | Hopefully, the needles have grown as fast as his sack, and we can find it. | 希望针像他阴囊一样增大 这样就能找到了 |
[10:31] | Can Chase and Cameron cover that? | 可以交给Chase和Cameron来做吗? |
[10:35] | Mind if I ask why? | 介不介意我问问原因? |
[10:37] | I want to recheck the National Marrow registry for an alternate donor. | 我想去全国骨髓库核查一下 是否有替代捐献者 |
[10:41] | In case we’re wrong? | 以免我们错了? |
[10:43] | It’s been known to happen. | 这已有先例 |
[10:46] | Fine, go. | 好 去吧 |
[10:53] | Negative for E. coli and TB. | 大肠杆菌和肺结核菌都为阴性 |
[10:56] | Why is House taking it easy on Foreman? | 为什么House对Foreman这么好? |
[10:58] | He deserves a break. | 他的确该喘口气 |
[10:59] | Yeah, House is all about giving breaks to people in need. | 是啊 House懂得照顾别人的情绪 |
[11:02] | No on Klebsiella. | 也不是克雷白氏杆菌 |
[11:07] | And it’s Tuesday. | 今天是礼拜二 |
[11:09] | It’s got nothing to do with Foreman or House. It’s just… | 跟Foreman和House都没关系 今天我该 |
[11:12] | It’s the day I remind you I like you, | 提醒你我喜欢你 |
[11:14] | and I want us to be together. | 希望我们能在一起 |
[11:17] | Thank you, | 谢谢 |
[11:18] | I’d forgotten. | 我都快忘了 |
[11:23] | No on Brucella and both viral antibodies. | 没有布鲁氏菌和两种病毒的抗体 |
[11:26] | You’re really gonna do this every Tuesday? | 你真的打算每周二都这么做? |
[11:28] | You take the day off, I’ll pick it up on Wednesday. | 你周二请假的话 我就改周三 |
[11:33] | What if we’re looking for the wrong thing? | 会不会找错方向了? |
[11:35] | These are the only infections that cause swollen testicles. | 这些是唯一能导致阴囊肿胀的感染 |
[11:37] | Why don’t you just say it four times now and leave me alone for a month? | 你能不能就现在说四遍 然后一个月都不来烦我? |
[11:40] | Well, what if it’s not an infection? | 会不会根本不是感染? |
[11:41] | His temperature’s through the roof. There’s mucous pouring out of him. | 他的体温高得吓人 粘液都快从身体里流出来了 |
[11:44] | I know he has an infection, but what if it didn’t directly cause the scrotum issue? | 我知道他有感染 如果不是感染直接导致阴囊问题 |
[11:47] | What if it just caused the thing | 如果感染只是 |
[11:49] | that caused the scrotum issue? | 引发了可致阴囊问题的病症 |
[11:52] | CK-MB is elevated. | ckmb(肌酸激酶同工酶)在升高 |
[11:56] | Slightly. There’s nothing wrong with… | 一点 不能显示什么问题 |
[11:58] | Indicates cardiac injury. | 显示了心脏受损 |
[12:02] | We stuck him in that room, put his stupid, little runny-nose infection into hyperdrive. | 我们把他关在那房间里 强力驱动他流流鼻涕的小感染 |
[12:06] | What if it went to his heart? | 会不会就奔向心脏了? |
[12:13] | Pulmonary valve looks clean. | 肺动脉瓣看上去没问题 |
[12:15] | Wait. | 等等 |
[12:16] | Stop. | 停下 |
[12:17] | Mitral valve, | 二尖瓣那 |
[12:18] | there’s a growth. | 有异常生长 |
[12:21] | He’ll need a month of antibiotics to clear that. | 清除这个 得用一个月的抗生素 |
[12:24] | His brother only has four days to live. | 而他哥哥只有4天能活 |
[12:33] | The infection in Matty’s mitral valve rules him out as a donor. | Matty的二尖瓣感染使他不能捐赠了 |
[12:37] | … | 我们把感染赶到他的心脏去了 |
[12:39] | Okay, perfect is too strong of a word, | 好吧 说完美太夸张了 |
[12:41] | but it’s very, very good. | 但仍然非常 非常之好 |
[12:43] | Now we know where the infection is. | 现在知道感染在哪儿 |
[12:45] | All we’ve got to do is remove the valve, ID the infection, | 只要移出那块瓣膜 |
[12:47] | target and destroy it. | 确认感染 瞄准 破坏即可 |
[12:50] | … | 他用抗生素就能康复 |
[12:51] | … | 根本没必要做需要开心的大手术 |
[12:53] | He’ll be heartbroken, on account of his dead brother. | 他哥哥死了 他会心碎的 |
[12:56] | Either way he’s got a dead brother. | 怎样他哥哥都活不成 |
[12:58] | The infection isn’t just in the valve. | 感染并不只限于瓣膜 |
[13:00] | Even with targeted medication, there’s no way we can clear his system in time. | 即使用药正确 也不可能及时清理整个系统 |
[13:03] | We don’t have to. | 没有必要 |
[13:05] | We have to clear his marrow. | 只需要清理骨髓 |
[13:06] | After the surgery, we harvest the marrow, | 手术之后 你们收获骨髓 |
[13:08] | marinate it in the targeted antibiotic, simmer and serve. | 泡制在针对性的抗生素中 慢炖 然后上菜 |
[13:13] | – Could work. | 可行 |
[13:14] | – It’s insane. | 这太疯狂了 |
[13:15] | It is better than a dead brother. | 总比死掉哥哥好 |
[13:16] | I’m running this by Cuddy. | 我要去告诉Cuddy |
[13:19] | Fine. Go. | 好 去啊 |
[13:20] | In fact, let’s all go. | 其实 不如一起去 |
[13:26] | This surgery is dangerous and life-altering, | 这个手术极其危险 生死攸关 |
[13:28] | and clearly not in the interest of our patient. | 绝没有考虑到病人的利益 |
[13:30] | It is, if he likes his brother. | 如果他爱他哥哥 算是考虑到了 |
[13:31] | We have a conflict of interests. The parents don’t. | – 我们有利益冲突 – 父母难道没有? |
[13:35] | … | 他们不是第一次拿Matty的健康 来换他兄弟的命了 |
[13:38] | They made his cold worse. | 他们只是加重了他的感冒 |
[13:40] | We screwed up his heart valve by making his cold worse. | 感冒加重 损坏了他的心脏瓣膜 |
[13:42] | Do you have anything to add to this debate? | 对于这场辩论你有没什么好补充的? |
[13:44] | Wilson’s right. Foreman’s wrong. | Wilson正确 Foreman错误 |
[13:45] | Your shirt is way too revealing for the office. | 你的上衣对坐办公室而言太暴露了点 |
[13:50] | What do you want me to do? | 想让我怎么做? |
[13:52] | We should call child services and have them appoint a guardian for Matty. | 打电话给儿童保护中心 让他们指派一个监护人给Matty |
[13:56] | No. | 不 |
[13:57] | Go explain the choices to the parents, | 解释给家长 让他们选择 |
[13:59] | and don’t let House bully them. | 小心别让House 威胁他们 |
[14:03] | House House. | |
[14:06] | Did he really think I was gonna do that? I didn’t. | – 你真觉得我会听Foreman的? – 不 |
[14:08] | – Then, why did you let him… – I’m trying to cut him some slack. | – 那你为什么让他 – 我让他松弛一下 |
[14:10] | Nice of you. | 你人好好 |
[14:13] | I think he’s got the yips. | 我觉得他得了yips (运动员因紧张不安应变失常) |
[14:15] | Steve Blass, Scott Norwood, David Duval all got the yips. | (棒球手)Steve Blass Scott Norwood (高尔夫球手)David Duval都得了 |
[14:20] | Great athletes, | 伟大的运动员 |
[14:21] | lost their confidence and immediately started sucking. | 一朝失去自信 立马走下坡 |
[14:24] | And you’re giving him time to work through it? | 而你在给他时间渡过这一关? |
[14:29] | Four days, and he’s fired. | 四天 不行就滚蛋 |
[14:33] | You don’t get better from the yips. | 得了yips好不了 |
[14:38] | Open-heart surgery? | 心内直视手术? |
[14:41] | If you want both kids to live, it’s the only choice. | 想让两个孩子都活下来 这是唯一的方法 |
[14:44] | Due to the valve replacement, | 因瓣膜被移除 |
[14:46] | Matty will have to be on blood thinners to prevent potential clots. | Matty需要用血液稀释剂 预防梗塞 |
[14:49] | – For how long? – Forever. | – 一直持续多久? – 一辈子 |
[14:50] | He couldn’t participate in contact sports, because of the risk of hemorrhage. | 他将不能参加身体接触运动 以避免大出血 |
[14:54] | What about the marrow registry? | 骨髓库那怎样? |
[14:56] | Maybe they’ll find a match. | 也许还有能配对的呢 |
[14:57] | Maybe they’ll ride it here on a unicorn. | 也许他会骑着独角兽飞驰而来 |
[14:59] | I’m afraid finding a viable new donor isn’t something we can realistically depend on. | 恐怕很难指望再找一个可行的捐赠者 |
[15:08] | Either we cripple one son, or kill the other. | 要不弄残一个 要不就让另一个死? |
[15:11] | He won’t be able to play baseball. | 他不能再打棒球 |
[15:14] | That doesn’t make him a cripple. | 但并不代表就残了 |
[15:19] | What should we do? | 我们该怎么办? |
[15:28] | You should protect your family as a whole. | 你们该保护一整个家庭 |
[15:30] | You should do the surgery. | 做手术吧 |
[15:35] | – That was awesome. | 这招太强了! |
[15:37] | – Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[15:38] | I gotta start pretending to care. | 我也该开始试着假装关心别人 |
[15:39] | I did exactly what Cuddy told us not to do. | 我所做的正是Cuddy叫我们不要做的 |
[15:41] | No you didn’t. You did exactly what she told me not to do. | 不不 你做的是她叫我不要做的 |
[15:44] | You’re completely in the clear. | 你完全清白无罪 |
[15:46] | Oh, you’ve got to be kidding me. | 开玩笑 |
[15:48] | You’re actually upset. | 你真难过起来了 |
[15:49] | You just said what you believed. | 你刚说的 正是你所相信的 |
[15:50] | I also believe in patients making their own choices. | 我也相信病人该自己选择 |
[15:52] | Because it lessens your guilt if things go wrong. | 因为事情搞砸的时候 会少点内疚 |
[15:55] | You’re not protecting their choices. | 那不是保护选择权 |
[15:56] | You’re soothing your conscience. | 是逃避自责 |
[15:58] | By that logic, a sociopath would make the best patient advocate in the world. | 照这逻辑 反社会者是世上 最好的病人权益倡导者 |
[16:02] | Am I blushing? | 我脸红没? |
[16:12] | You ready? Yeah. | – 准备好了? – 是的 |
[16:16] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:17] | You’d do the same for me. | 你为了我也会这么做 |
[16:29] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[16:30] | You’ll be fine. | 你会没事的 |
[16:31] | You think I’ll be better in time to pitch in the playoffs? | 我还来得及参加决赛么? |
[16:35] | Maybe next season. | 要不下个赛季吧 |
[16:42] | We should have told him. | 我们应该告诉他的 |
[16:43] | He loves his brother, | 他爱他的哥哥 |
[16:44] | but if he understood what we were asking of him… | 但他要是知道 这样做的后果– |
[16:46] | He loves his brother more than he loves baseball. | 他爱他哥哥 胜过棒球 |
[16:49] | You did the right thing. | 你们做得对 |
[16:51] | Putting any part of this decision on him… | 不该将这样重大的决定交给他– |
[16:54] | It’s impossible for you guys to deal with this. | 对你们都太困难 |
[16:57] | How’s a 10-year-old supposed to do it? | 十岁的孩子怎么能承受? |
[17:15] | Cannula in place. | 导管就位 |
[17:20] | Sutures are holding. | 缝线就位 |
[17:27] | We’re all set to go. | 可以开始了 |
[17:29] | Switch him over to bypass. – Yeah? | 转换到体外循环 |
[18:10] | – I didn’t do the surgery. | 手术没有做 |
[18:12] | You woke me up to tell me that you’re lazy? | 你叫醒我 告诉我你太懒了? |
[18:14] | We biopsied a piece before we started cutting. | 我们切进去前做了一次活检 |
[18:16] | I’m tired. Get to the point. | 我很累 说重点 |
[18:17] | We didn’t replace the valve because the growth was fibrous tissue. | 没有换下瓣膜 因为那片生长只是纤维性组织 |
[18:21] | It wasn’t infectious. | 没有感染 |
[18:22] | We’ve got to be wrong about… | 我们弄错了 |
[18:23] | – Oh, God. | 啊 上帝 |
[18:24] | – What? | 怎么了? |
[18:25] | You know what’s wrong with Matty? | 你知道Matty是什么问题了? |
[18:26] | I think Hector’s . | 我觉得Hector他 |
[18:27] | committed suicide | 自杀了 |
[18:29] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[18:29] | He took some pills. | 他吃了好些药片 |
[18:31] | Is he alive? | 他还活着吗? |
[18:32] | He ate half my stash. | 他吃我快一半的储备粮 |
[18:35] | Of course he’s… | 怎么可能不– |
[18:44] | He’s stoned. | 它正飘飘欲仙 |
[18:46] | I’ll be right in. | 我就来 |
[18:53] | We cut all the way into this kid’s heart, | 一路切进孩子的心脏 |
[18:55] | and all we got was this lousy, non-infectious fibrous tissue. | 得到的只是非感染性的破纤维组织 |
[18:59] | How did we miss this? | 怎么会弄错的? |
[19:00] | Matty had a fever. | Matty发着烧 |
[19:01] | He got sicker when we suppressed his immune system. | 抑制住他的免疫系统后 病情就加重 |
[19:03] | That all points to infection. | 这些都指着感染的存在 |
[19:05] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 是啊是啊 |
[19:06] | Not our fault. | 不是我们的错 |
[19:08] | Fibrous tissue. | 纤维性组织 |
[19:09] | Something is turning his healthy heart valve into gristle. | 他好端端的心脏瓣膜怎么变成了软骨 |
[19:12] | Fibrous tissue, enlarged spleen, | 纤维性组织 扩大了的脾脏 |
[19:15] | fever… Could mean autoimmune. | 发烧 可能是自体免疫病 |
[19:20] | Autoimmune diseases aren’t passed along in bone marrow. | 自体免疫病不在骨髓中传播 |
[19:22] | He can still donate. | 他还是能够捐赠 |
[19:23] | We confirm, I do the surgery. | 确认一下 我做手术 |
[19:25] | Lupus and Behçet’s are our best bet. | 狼疮和白塞氏病可能性不大 |
[19:27] | Do an ANA and pathergy test. | 做抗核抗体和过敏反应检测 |
[19:28] | Or it could be infection. | 仍可能是感染 |
[19:31] | My memory’s not what it used to be, | 我的记忆力是大不如前 |
[19:33] | but didn’t we just rule that out eight seconds ago? | 好像在8秒前排除了那个吧? |
[19:35] | Just because it’s not what screwed up his valve, it doesn’t mean it’s not in his system. | 就算感染没有破坏他的瓣膜 也不能证明它不存在 |
[19:38] | Uh-huh, and has the obvious advantage of making us right all along. | 我们要是猜对了 好处可大了 |
[19:42] | Little disadvantage of making big brother dead. | 猜错了 就一点坏处 哥哥死了 |
[19:44] | That’s your argument? | 这就是你的论点? |
[19:45] | A better outcome? | 由结果好坏来判断? |
[19:46] | It fits. | 这说得通 |
[19:47] | The family has one kid with leukemia and one with autoimmune. | 这家的孩子 一个白血病 一个自体免疫病 |
[19:50] | I wouldn’t stand next to them in a rain storm. | 太蹊跷了 |
[19:52] | That’s your argument? It sucks for them? | 这就是你的论点 悲惨得不可能发生? |
[19:54] | It fits, and we can still help big brother. | 也说得通 还救得了大的 |
[19:56] | National Marrow Registry came up with four out of six donors. | 全国骨髓库有一个六分之四配对的捐赠者 |
[19:59] | Six out of six is two better than four out of six, right? | 六分之六要好过六分之四吧 |
[20:02] | I mean, I know two is so small, | 我是说 虽然2是个很小的数字 |
[20:03] | but since it means that he’s gonna get Graft-Versus-Host Disease, | 但代表的是 他会得移植物抗宿主病 |
[20:06] | the marrow will attack his body, and he’ll die a painful death. | 骨髓攻击他的身体 痛苦地死去 |
[20:11] | Find out what autoimmune it is. | 找出是哪种自体免疫病 |
[20:19] | Is this autoimmune better or worse than the new heart valve? | 这个叫自体免疫病的 比起换心脏瓣膜是好还是坏? |
[20:23] | It depends on which autoimmune it is. | 那取决于是哪种自体免疫病 |
[20:25] | With early detection, most are manageable. | 但发现得早的话 大多都能控制 |
[20:27] | How long will testing take? | 测试需要多长时间? |
[20:28] | That’s the other good thing about this. | 这就是另一个好处 |
[20:30] | There’s literally thousands of possible infections, but only a handful of autoimmune conditions. | 感染有成千上万种 自体免疫病就只有那么几个 |
[20:34] | We’ll have the answer in a few hours. | 几小时内就会有答案的 |
[20:35] | Hey, Doctor? | 医生? |
[20:40] | Is this bad? | 这很糟糕吗? |
[20:50] | Wanna catch a movie? | 看不看电影? |
[20:52] | It’s one in the morning. | 现在是凌晨一点 |
[20:53] | I know a place. | 我知道有个地方可以 |
[20:55] | Although, I wouldn’t recommend wearing those shoes. | 虽然我不推荐你穿那鞋去 |
[20:58] | How exactly does a dog unscrew a bottle of pills? | 到底一只狗是怎么打开药瓶子的? |
[21:01] | Is that a riddle? | 脑筋急转弯? |
[21:02] | It requires an opposable thumb. | 需要有与其它手指相对的拇指 |
[21:05] | … | 丢在地上? |
[21:06] | I think he hopped up onto the bathroom counter. | 猜是他跳着从浴室台面拨弄下来的 |
[21:08] | He has arthritis. | 他有关节炎 |
[21:14] | – Not me this time. | 这回不是我 |
[21:14] | – No! It’s your damn dog. | 不 是你的臭狗! |
[21:18] | He chews everything. | 他见什么啃什么 |
[21:19] | I was missing a file. | 我的文件不见了 |
[21:21] | Found paper in his stool. | 论文在他大便里 |
[21:22] | An original Sun Record 78 Elvis recording, gone. | 78年太阳唱片猫王的原版唱片 不见了 |
[21:25] | Who the hell chews vinyl? | 哪有啃乙烯基的笨蛋? (黑胶唱片的原材料) |
[21:27] | He’s vindictive. | 他是来寻仇的 |
[21:29] | He’s had a good, | 他的命还很硬 |
[21:31] | long life. It’s his time. | 但他的末日来了 |
[21:32] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧? |
[21:34] | I just tripped over Wilson’s self-righteousness. | 我被Wilson的伪善绊倒了 |
[21:38] | What do you got? | 有什么发现? |
[21:40] | Matty’s negative for everything. | Matty检查都是阴性 |
[21:41] | It’s not autoimmune. | 不是自体免疫病 |
[21:42] | So, we’re back to infection. | 只好再怀疑是感染 |
[21:43] | Nick’s starting to deteriorate fast. | Nick在迅速恶化 |
[21:45] | He’s got bruising all over his arms. | 他的手臂上都是瘀青 |
[21:47] | His capillaries are leaking blood. | 毛细血管在渗漏 |
[21:48] | If it happens in his brain, he’s dead. | 如果发生在大脑 他就死了 |
[21:50] | We’ve got to go with the four-out-of-six donor. | 只得用那个6个里4个匹配的捐献者了 |
[21:52] | Did I mention my concerns about four being less than six? | 我难道没说清楚 4个比6个少? |
[21:56] | Wilson’s first wife ignored a similar issue. | Wilson的第一任老婆犯了同样的错误 |
[21:59] | Of course, that time, it was only fatal to their marriage. | 只不过在那时 是他们的婚姻丧了命 |
[22:01] | It’s either that, or we start randomly testing Matty for infections. | 得随机检查Matty是哪种感染 |
[22:04] | I know how you hate the word “random.” | 我知道你恨”随机”这个词 |
[22:06] | Do it alphabetically. | 按首字母顺序来 |
[22:07] | We’re not doing that | 不能做移植 |
[22:12] | damn transplant. | 找到一个捐献者 |
[22:14] | It’s not an ideal match, | 不是完美匹配 |
[22:15] | but four out of six still gives Nick a chance. | 不过6个里4个匹配 值得一试 (HLA测试6个白细胞抗原的相容程度) |
[22:25] | A partial match transplant is extremely dangerous. | 半匹配移植极其危险 |
[22:30] | … | 他有没有提你们儿子会经历多大的痛苦? |
[22:33] | – if he gets Graft-Versus-Host Disease? – Yes. | – 如果他得了移植物抗宿主病? – 是的 |
[22:36] | Apparently, he didn’t explain it vividly enough. | 看来他的描述还不够鲜明 |
[22:39] | Let me give it a whack… | 让我来试一下 |
[22:40] | He also explained that if we did nothing, | 他也说 如果我们什么都不做 |
[22:42] | Nick could start bleeding into his brain. | Nick会颅内出血 |
[22:45] | Matty is a perfect match. | Matty是完美的匹配 |
[22:47] | Just give us a little more time to figure out… | 请给我们多点时间来寻找 |
[22:49] | How much time? | 多久? |
[22:50] | Doctor House is the best diagnostician… | House医生是最好的诊断专家 |
[22:52] | How much time? | 要多久? |
[22:55] | I don’t know. | 不确定 |
[22:56] | And Nick can start bleeding into his brain without any warning? | Nick随时都回颅内出血 |
[23:01] | Yes, but the chances of complications from a mismatch are… | 但错配导致并发症的可能性 |
[23:04] | My boys have suffered enough. | 我的儿子受够了 |
[23:06] | Get Matty better, | 让Matty好起来 |
[23:08] | and give Nick the transplant from the new donor. | 让Nick接受新捐献者移植 |
[23:18] | Foreman screwed us. | Foreman捅我们一刀 |
[23:20] | No, you screwed us. | 不 是你无能 |
[23:23] | What is the point in being able to control people if you won’t actually do it? | 你能控制别人的决定 却不去做 有什么用? |
[23:28] | It’s like training a dog and letting him go on your rug, | 就好像训练一条狗 却还纵容他尿在毯子上 |
[23:33] | You don’t explain chances and probabilities, | 你没跟他们说清楚 风险和概率 |
[23:36] | you lie to them. | 你蒙骗了他们 |
[23:37] | You tell them Foreman’s a moron, | 就算你告诉他们Foreman是低能 |
[23:38] | which isn’t even much of a lie right now. | 现在看来都算不上是撒谎 |
[23:40] | You’ve got to talk to him. | 你得去跟他谈谈 |
[23:41] | I’ve got no problem with what Foreman did. | 我不恼恨Foreman |
[23:43] | He undercut us, and he may have cost that kid his life. | 他暗地捅我们一刀 说不定还会要了那孩子的命 |
[23:44] | Foreman did what he thought was right. | 他认为正确的 他就去做 |
[23:46] | You, on the other hand, sucked out. | 而相反的 你这个软骨头 |
[23:52] | If that kid dies, it’s because Foreman was wrong, and because you’re a coward. | 如果孩子死了 Foreman有错 你这个懦夫也有错 |
[24:29] | Oh, goodness, | 哦 天! |
[24:31] | I’ve left my door open. | 我忘了关门 |
[24:33] | My poor dog must have run away and been hit | 可怜的狗狗肯定跑出去了 被汽车或卡车撞死 |
[24:38] | by a car or a truck or a train. | 被火车撞死 |
[24:40] | Or an anvil. | 被铁砧砸死 |
[24:52] | Thank God, | 谢天谢地 |
[24:53] | you’re still here. | 你还在 |
[24:55] | He’s still here! | 他还在! |
[25:01] | Where’s my stereo? | 我的音响呢? |
[25:30] | How are you feeling? | 感觉怎么样? |
[25:32] | A little itchy. | 有点痒 |
[25:35] | It’s weird, huh? | 多奇怪 |
[25:37] | You still have no idea what’s wrong with me, | 你们不知道我哪里出了问题 |
[25:40] | but those meds will make me better. | 可这些药物会让我好起来 |
[25:42] | We put you on a variety of medications that will fight all kinds of infections. | 我们给你用许多药物 能对抗多种感染 |
[25:47] | Nick, | 但是Nick |
[25:48] | you know exactly what’s wrong with him, | 你们很清楚他得了什么病 |
[25:51] | but maybe he’s gonna die, anyway. | 可他有可能还是会死 |
[25:53] | Hopefully, the new marrow will… | 希望新的骨髓能 |
[25:55] | I can’t go in there, can I? | 我不能进去 是吗? |
[26:01] | Your infection would kill him. | 你的感染对他致命 |
[26:04] | So, I won’t be able to be | 那我不能陪着他 |
[26:08] | with him when he dies? | 当他死时? |
[26:11] | You’ll be able to be with him when he gets better. | 当他好起来时 你可以陪着他 |
[26:17] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[26:18] | It really itches. | 很痒 |
[26:29] | Hello? | 有人吗? |
[26:42] | Why am I meeting you here? | 为什么来这里? |
[26:45] | You’re paying for my new cane. | 你要为我的新拐杖买单 |
[26:47] | It was your dog. | 是你的狗 |
[26:48] | So, that’s it? | 就这样 |
[26:49] | You call me a coward, life goes on? | 你叫我懦夫 我们还做朋友 |
[26:51] | Apparently. | 显然 |
[26:52] | You showed up. Hey. | 你不是赴约了嘛 |
[27:00] | I’m sorry. | 是我不对 |
[27:04] | … | 算了 |
[27:10] | You’re pathetic. I didn’t actually mean that. | 你真可悲 我不是存心这么说 |
[27:12] | – Yes, you did. – No, I didn’t | – 你是有心的 – 不 我不是 |
[27:14] | to infinity. | 绝对的 |
[27:15] | Yes, you did. | 你就是 |
[27:16] | – You’re pathetic. – Yeah? | 你才可悲 |
[27:19] | When? | 什么时候? |
[27:21] | What did the labs say? | 检测结果怎么样? |
[27:29] | Why don’t you buy your cane at a medical supply store like a normal cripple? | 你为什么不能像别的瘸子 在一家医疗器械店买拐杖? |
[27:33] | Fewer bitching choices. | 那里好货色少 |
[27:35] | Okay. | 行 |
[27:37] | What do you got in bitching? | 最好的放在哪里? |
[27:38] | Right this way. | 在那里 |
[27:41] | … | 病得不太重的孩子垂危了 |
[27:44] | – He’s bleeding out of his ears. | 他耳内出血 |
[27:46] | – Blood counts? | 血球计数? |
[27:47] | Down. | 下降 |
[27:48] | Schistocytes on the smear? | 血涂片的红细胞碎片呢? |
[27:50] | His body’s not making new blood cells. | 他的身体不能制造新的血细胞 |
[27:52] | His bone marrow’s crashing. | 他的骨髓不行了 |
[27:53] | This is one of our top sellers. | 这是畅销产品 |
[27:56] | It’s a little too Marilyn Manson in a retirement home. | 这在敬老院里显得太玛瑞莲·曼森了 (Marilyn Manson:妖异鬼魅的金属乐团) |
[28:00] | The meds are suppressing his bone marrow. | 药物抑制了他骨髓的功能 |
[28:02] | Or the infection’s doing it. | 也许是感染导致的 |
[28:05] | Pretty cool. | 很有型 |
[28:06] | Genuine bull penis, stretched over a metal rod. | 公牛阳具包裹在金属杆外 |
[28:12] | Penis canes are murder. Right. | 阳具拐杖是谋杀 |
[28:16] | Let me see the one on the end. | 最里面那根给我瞧瞧 |
[28:18] | You got it. | 你选对了 |
[28:19] | We need to stop Matty’s meds. | 得停了Matty的药 |
[28:21] | If the marrow rebounds, it’s the meds. | 如果功能反弹 说明是药物 |
[28:22] | If it doesn’t, it’s an infection. | 如果没有 则是感染 |
[28:24] | And if it’s the infection? | 如果是感染呢? |
[28:25] | Maybe I was wrong about which kid’s gonna die. | 那就说不定哪个孩子会死了 |
[28:34] | Bitching. | 拉风 |
[28:56] | Flames? | 火焰 |
[28:58] | It makes it look like I’m going fast. | 让我走得更快了 |
[29:01] | Now, how’s our dying kids? | 垂死的孩子怎么样了? |
[29:02] | Nick’s developed blisters all over his feet and legs. | Nick的脚和腿长满了水泡 |
[29:04] | He’s got grade four Graft-Versus-Host. | 已经是四级移植物抗宿主病 |
[29:06] | Increase his dosage of methylprednisolone. | 加大他甲基强的松的量 (用于器官移植排异反应) |
[29:08] | Already did. It’s not working. | 加了 没有效果 |
[29:11] | Feeling guilty? | 内疚了? |
[29:14] | I did the right thing. | 我没做错 |
[29:15] | Always a comfort. | 自我安慰 |
[29:17] | Okay, what’s the other kid’s status? | 另一个孩子的情况呢? |
[29:20] | We’re done with Nick? | Nick讨论完了? |
[29:21] | God is done with Nick. | 上帝放弃了Nick |
[29:22] | We know what he has. | 知道他的病情 |
[29:23] | We know how to treat it. | 知道该怎么治 |
[29:24] | We’re doing it, it’s not working. | 治了 没起效 |
[29:27] | Life is for the living. | 能活下去的人才有生命 |
[29:28] | Matty’s been off his meds for a few hours, | Matty的药停了几个小时 |
[29:30] | but his blood count’s still tanking. | 血球计数没起色 |
[29:31] | Means the meds aren’t to blame. | 说明不是药物惹的祸 |
[29:32] | It’s the infection. | 是感染 |
[29:34] | If we don’t get this under control, his blood will literally turn into water. | 如果不控制住 他的血液会变成清水 |
[29:42] | Cultures still aren’t growing anything. | 血液培养没有发现 |
[29:44] | Why not? | 怎么会 |
[29:45] | Because you did the right thing. | 因为你做了你觉得对的事 |
[29:47] | Convinced the parents to treat the kid. | 说服父母治疗孩子 |
[29:49] | All you did was yank the weed out of the ground. | 你做的只不过是拔了地上的野草 |
[29:51] | Its roots are still killing their beautiful lawn. We just can’t see it. | 根还在扼杀美丽的草坪 |
[29:54] | If we can’t see it, | 只不过我们看不见 |
[29:55] | we don’t know what it is. | 看不见就不知道是什么 |
[29:56] | If we don’t know what it is, we can’t kill it. | 不知道是什么 就对付不了 |
[30:01] | So we got to wait for it to grow back again. | 得等它再长出来 |
[30:04] | Now, the soil is arid. | 可他的土壤贫瘠 |
[30:07] | So both he and his brother will be dead by the time… | 他们兄弟俩都会死 |
[30:17] | What if the dandelion was in fertile soil? | 如果蒲公英长在肥沃的土壤 |
[30:21] | What if we take the roots from Matty, and put them in Nick? | 把Matty身上的野草根 种到Nick身上 |
[30:24] | Turn the kid into a petri dish, | 把那孩子当作培养皿 |
[30:26] | only better. | 比培养皿更好 |
[30:27] | A petri dish can’t tell you when it hurts. | 培养皿不会叫疼 |
[30:29] | You want to give him his brother’s infection? | 你想把感染给他哥哥? |
[30:31] | The very thing we’ve been trying to avoid since the brother sneezed? | 自从他打喷嚏来 我们千方百计避免的事? |
[30:33] | – Leukemia kid’s got no defenses. | 白血病孩没有抵抗力 |
[30:35] | – Which is why he’ll die. | 所以他要死了 |
[30:36] | But before he does, the infection will spread fast. | 在他死前 感染会迅速蔓延 |
[30:39] | Fast enough to tell us what it is, | 来得及让我们发现它是什么 |
[30:41] | in time to save his brother. | 来得及救他弟弟 |
[30:49] | Do you see any other way? | 还有别的法子吗? |
[30:53] | The infection is decimating Matty’s bone marrow. | 感染在屠戮Matty的骨髓 |
[30:57] | But | 但 |
[30:58] | if we give that marrow to Nick, | 如果把Matty的骨髓给Nick |
[31:01] | his symptoms could let us diagnose Matty. | 他的症状能帮助我们诊断Matty |
[31:04] | – But, it’ll kill Nick. | 但会杀了Nick |
[31:05] | – Yes. | 是的 |
[31:07] | You’re… You’re saying we should kill one son to save the other? | 你是说 我们该用一命换一命? |
[31:11] | Nick is gonna die either way. | Nick治不好了 |
[31:12] | You don’t know that. I mean, | 不许这么说! |
[31:13] | he’s in pain right now, but… | 他现在是很痛苦 但 |
[31:15] | Nick’s Graft-Versus-Host is not responding to medication. | 药物对Nick的移植物抗宿主病无效 |
[31:18] | That can change. | 会有起色的 |
[31:20] | Maybe he… He’ll rally. | 也许 他 他能挺过来 |
[31:24] | Hey, my Nick is a fighter. | 我的Nick从不服输 |
[31:26] | Graft-Versus-Host isn’t gonna go away because of Nick’s sunny smile and positive outlook. | 阳光笑容和正面形象 并不能让他免于排异反应 |
[31:31] | Nick has survived three reoccurrences of his leukemia. | Nick挺过了三次白血病复发 |
[31:34] | He’s being torn apart from the inside out. | 他的全身都被破坏了一遍 |
[31:36] | His pain’s gonna get worse and worse, until he dies. | 他会越来越痛苦 直至死亡 |
[31:40] | You’re just dragging it out. | 现在只是无谓的拖延 |
[31:43] | You have only one decision to make. | 你只有两个选择 |
[31:45] | You can leave here with one dead son, or two. | 死一个儿子还是两个 |
[31:55] | Tell them. | 告诉他们 |
[32:01] | You should let us do this. | 你应该让我们做这个 |
[32:12] | No! | 不 |
[32:17] | We’re not giving up on Nick. | 我们不会放弃Nick |
[32:22] | Not! | 不会 |
[32:38] | The patient’s parents apparently don’t want to be parents anymore. | 显然他们一个儿子都不想要了 |
[32:42] | You’re a sneaky bastard. | 你平时就够奸猾的 |
[32:44] | Any ideas how we get around this? | 有什么主意吗? |
[32:46] | – Court order? | 法庭强制? |
[32:47] | – It’s hardly sneaky. | 这根本算不上奸滑 |
[32:48] | We can still save Matty. | 我们可以救Matty |
[32:49] | Run more tests, | 多做些化验 |
[32:50] | find out what infection is destroying his marrow. | 找到破坏骨髓的病原 |
[32:52] | Ten-thousand possible infections, | 一万种感染 |
[32:54] | at least 20 minutes per test. | 每种至少20分钟 |
[32:56] | It’ll take you approximately eight years. | 差不多要8年做完 |
[32:57] | Actually, four months, assuming the last one I test is the right one, | 实际上只要4个月 即使我查到最后一项化验才中 |
[33:01] | and, if it’s the first, it will take me approximately 20 minutes. | 如果第一项就中 只要20分钟 |
[33:04] | He’s right. | 他是对的 |
[33:04] | It’s worth a shot. | 可以一试 |
[33:05] | He’s timid. | 他没胆子了 |
[33:07] | Testing blindly is not gonna save this kid. | 盲目检查救不了这孩子 |
[33:09] | But standing around here will. | 在这里站着就可以了? |
[33:42] | Wow, he sure is hurting. | 他是真的疼 |
[33:44] | The nurses say he maxed out on his pain meds. | 护士说止疼药已经用到最大剂量 |
[33:47] | If I had a nickel for every time I heard that… | 如果每次听到这句话 我都能得到一个硬币… |
[33:54] | Pharmacy’s on the ground floor. | 药房在一楼 |
[33:57] | I’m gonna go get you some more pain medication, okay? | 我给你去拿止疼药 |
[34:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:17] | It’s not gonna help. | 没用的 |
[34:22] | You’re dying. | 你会死的 |
[34:23] | Nothing’s gonna change that. | 无法挽回了 |
[34:25] | These drugs will just make you go easier. | 药只能让你死得好过些 |
[34:28] | I know. | 我知道 |
[34:31] | Fourteen years on the planet, | 人世间的14年 |
[34:33] | most of them spent suffering. | 多数在痛苦中渡过 |
[34:36] | Dying before you even | 甚至没尝过 |
[34:39] | got to drive a car, take off a girl’s bra, drink a beer. | 驾车 解胸罩 喝啤酒 |
[34:46] | Believe me, there’s plenty you haven’t done. | 你没做过的事太多了 |
[34:49] | Really good stuff. | 美好的事 |
[34:54] | Must make it hard to believe | 你一定不相信有- |
[34:56] | in God, | 上帝 |
[34:59] | or fairness, larger purpose. | 不信有公平 不信未来 |
[35:05] | But your life doesn’t have to be meaningless. | 但你的生命并非毫无意义 |
[35:08] | You can save your brother. | 你可以救你弟弟 |
[35:14] | How? | 怎么救 |
[35:19] | Negative for CMV. | 未发现巨细胞病毒 |
[35:20] | Negative for amoebas. | 没有阿米巴虫 |
[35:22] | House called you timid. | House说你没胆 |
[35:24] | He’s called me a lot worse. | 他说我比这狠多了 |
[35:25] | To him, there is nothing worse. | 他才不在乎狠不狠 |
[35:27] | He’s gonna fire you. | 他会开除你 |
[35:29] | Even if we run 100 tests, | 即使我们检查一百项 |
[35:30] | that only gives us a one percent chance of saving these kids. | 也只有1%的几率救活他 |
[35:33] | Better than zero. | 总比零好 |
[35:34] | You don’t care if you get fired? | 你不怕被解雇? |
[35:35] | I don’t know. There’s got to be a way to better our odds from a 99-percent chance of death. | 不知道 一定有办法 让死亡低于99% |
[35:39] | You’ve got to know. | 你得知道 |
[35:40] | It’s not food-borne, because no one else in the family is sick. | 肯定不是来自食物 因为家人都健康 |
[35:43] | You either care about your job, or you don’t. | 到底在不在意被解雇 |
[35:44] | And Matty’s the only one who drank from that water pump in the back yard, | 只有Matty从那个机井里喝过水 |
[35:47] | and we eliminated Pseudomonas and cholera. | 已经排除了假单胞菌和霍乱 |
[35:49] | If you care, you fight to keep it. | 如果你在意 就应努力保住工作 |
[35:50] | If you don’t, you quit. | 不在意就干脆辞职 |
[35:54] | I thought they lived in the suburbs. | 我以为他们住在郊区 |
[35:56] | They do. Why? | 就是的 怎么了? |
[35:58] | And they’ve got a water pump? | 他家有机井? |
[36:04] | Please, I… I want to do it. | 求你了 我愿意 |
[36:06] | No, Nicky, | 不 Nicky |
[36:08] | it’s not your decision. | 这不是你该做的决定 |
[36:11] | I’m dying. | 我要死了 |
[36:12] | There’s nothing that’s gonna change that. | 这是无法改变的 |
[36:16] | Hey, hey, hey. Don’t say that. Okay? | 别这么说 |
[36:18] | You can’t give up. | 绝不能放弃 |
[36:20] | It’s time for me to go, Dad. | 让我走吧, 爸爸 |
[36:24] | You got to let me go. | 是时候让我走了 |
[36:29] | No. | 不 |
[36:33] | Please, son. | 儿子 |
[36:36] | I can’t… I can’t… | 我不能 |
[36:40] | I can’t! | 不能! |
[36:43] | Let me do it for Matty. | 让我为Matty做一件事 |
[36:46] | Let me do it for you guys. | 让我为你们做一件事 |
[36:50] | So you won’t be alone. | 让他陪伴你们 |
[37:02] | – Are you sure? | 你下决心了吗? |
[37:03] | – No, | 没 |
[37:04] | but he is. | 他下了 |
[37:09] | Get Nick back to the clean room. | 把Nick推回无菌房 |
[37:11] | The parents agreed to infect him. | 家人同意感染他 |
[37:12] | We figured out what’s wrong with Matty, | 我知道Matty的病因了 |
[37:15] | histoplasmosis. | 组织胞浆菌病 |
[37:16] | Well, what is that? I mean, why did it… | 这是什么东西 他怎么会… |
[37:18] | Fungal infection. | 真菌感染 |
[37:19] | It grows in chicken feces. | 在鸡粪里生长 |
[37:20] | The dirt that Matty used to build his pitcher’s mound must have sat under a chicken coop. | 投球区的土应该是来自鸡舍的 |
[37:24] | Your whole neighborhood was built on top of farmland. | 你们整个社区都是建在农场上 |
[37:27] | We didn’t test for it earlier, because we didn’t… | 早先我们没有检查这项 因为… |
[37:29] | Can you fix him? | 能治好吗? |
[37:31] | Full course of amphotericin and he should be fine. | 全面施用两性霉素 他会好的 |
[37:35] | And Nick? I mean, | 那Nick呢 |
[37:37] | can you clean Matty’s marrow? | 能不能先治好Matty 然后- |
[37:39] | Just like you were talking about doing it, but do it fast, | 就像你们之前说的 只不过加快速度 |
[37:42] | and get it into Nick. | 把骨髓给Nick |
[37:46] | I’m sorry, | 很抱歉 |
[37:47] | the reason Matty is so sick is because the infection is attacking his marrow. | Matty之所以病得这么重 是因为骨髓受到感染 |
[37:51] | He doesn’t have enough left to safely take from him and give to his brother. | 这时候取骨髓 Matty可能有危险 |
[38:04] | I’m gonna get better now? | 我会好起来? |
[38:06] | That’s it? | 就这样 |
[38:07] | That’s it. | 是这样 |
[38:09] | And what about Nick? | Nick怎么办? |
[38:16] | Your brother was willing to risk his life to save you. | 你哥哥甘冒生命危险救你 |
[38:20] | Are you willing to do that for him? | 你愿意为他这样做吗? |
[38:24] | I can’t sedate you. | 不能打麻药 |
[38:26] | You’re too sick. | 你太虚弱 |
[39:07] | Please, please stop. | 求求你住手 |
[39:09] | Please. Please. | 求求你 |
[39:10] | You’re done, right? | 已经抽完了吧 |
[39:11] | Sorry, | 对不起 |
[39:13] | I need a lot more. | 还要很多 |
[39:15] | No, stop! | 停下 |
[39:17] | Stop! | 停 |
[39:29] | How much heat are you taking from the parents? | 很难招架那对父母吧? |
[39:31] | They’re calming down. | 他们正在冷静 |
[39:32] | I think it has something to do with both their kids being alive, awake, and eating. | 大概是因为两个儿子都活着 醒了而且可以进食 |
[39:36] | The marrow transplant took. | 骨髓移植有效果 |
[39:40] | Welcome back, Foreman. | 欢迎回来 Foreman |
[39:41] | You should talk to him. | 你应该和他谈谈 |
[39:42] | Tell him how proud I am? | 告诉他我为他骄傲? |
[39:43] | Hey, if you’re ashamed of him, tell him that. | 如果你认为他很丢脸 也可以跟他说 |
[39:46] | Pride and shame only apply to people we have a vested interest in, not employees. | 跟有感情的人 才谈得上骄傲还是丢脸 对雇员用不着 |
[39:52] | How many hours a day do you have to spend with someone before they’re basically family? | 你要跟人相处多久才能感觉亲如一家? |
[39:55] | Good point. | 说得好 |
[39:56] | But, first, I’ve got to tell Cameron and Chase that they’re violating God’s will. | 不过首先 我要跟Cameron和Chase 说说他俩冒犯上帝的事 |
[40:00] | I’m just asking you to have an adult conversation to let him know… | 我只是希望你跟他像成人般地谈谈 让他知道 |
[40:04] | That he did a good job? | 让他知道他做得对? |
[40:05] | He knows it. | 他知道的 |
[40:07] | Adults don’t need adult conversations, | 成人不需要成人对话 |
[40:09] | just like I don’t need this conversation. | 就好像我不需要听你废话 |
[40:12] | Have you killed Hector yet? | 你干掉Hector没有? |
[40:14] | Obviously not. | 显然还没 |
[40:17] | Oh. He’s quiet. He’s… | 他很安静 |
[40:21] | Is that my stethoscope? | 那是我的听诊器? |
[40:24] | Bad dog. | 狗狗坏! |
[40:28] | Listen… | 听我说 |
[40:30] | Bonnie joined her homeowner’s association and staged a coup. | Bonnie加入了业主会 经过一番斗争 |
[40:34] | Pets are now allowed. Oh. | 现在允许养宠物了 |
[40:39] | If you want to keep him, she wants a new puppy anyway. | 如果你想留着狗 她可以再养一条 |
[40:42] | She’ll understand. | 她会理解的 |
[40:43] | Why would I want to keep him? | 我怎么会想留着他? |
[40:45] | You’re sure? | 你肯定? |
[40:50] | Come on, boy. | 走了 小伙子 |
[41:02] | Accidents happen. | 意外 |
[41:07] | Candy? | 糖? |
[41:11] | Good boy. | 好孩子 |
[41:36] | Good boy. | 好孩子 |
[41:57] | You did good. | 你做得对 |
[42:00] | I did what you would have. | 我做了你会做的事 |
[42:04] | Well, | 那么 |
[42:05] | maybe I’m biased, but… | 也许我有偏见 但是- |
[42:06] | I tortured the kid. | 我折磨那个小孩 |
[42:08] | Because you knew it was right. | 因为你知道那样是对 |
[42:11] | You knew you were saving his brother. | 那是为了救他哥哥 |
[42:14] | I know. | 我知道 |
[42:16] | I don’t like that I know. | 我宁愿不知道 |
[42:19] | I hate that I can listen to a kid screaming in pain | 我不喜欢听着小孩惨叫 |
[42:22] | and not even take a moment to question whether I’m doing the right thing. | 却绝不停下片刻质疑自己是否正确 |
[42:27] | I hate that in order to be like you, as a doctor, | 为了成为和你一样的医生 |
[42:30] | I have to be like you as a human being. | 我只能先学你的为人 |
[42:35] | I don’t want to turn into you. | 我讨厌变成你 |
[42:40] | You’re not. | 你没有变成我 |
[42:43] | You’ve been like me since you were eight years old. | 你从8岁起就是我了 |
[42:51] | You’ll save more people than I will. | 你会比我救更多的人 |
[42:55] | But I’ll settle for killing less. | 但我满足于少害死人 |
[42:58] | Consider this my two weeks notice. | 就当我的辞职报告吧 |