时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | NICOLE: Do you see them anywhere? | 你找到他们了吗 |
[00:07] | Why don’t we go back to their house, | 不如我们直接回到他们家 |
[00:08] | wait for them there? | 在那里等他们 |
[00:09] | Yeah, because they’ll probably answer the door | 是啊 他们也许会在我敲了第16次门后 |
[00:12] | the 16th time I knock. | 就给我开门了 |
[00:22] | There they are. | 他们在那里 |
[00:28] | Hi. I’m sorry I followed you here. | 抱歉跟你到这里来 |
[00:30] | I just really wish you could give me | 我只是希望你能给我 |
[00:31] | a few minutes of your time. | 几分钟的时间 |
[00:34] | I know you never agreed | 我知道你们也不想 |
[00:36] | to make it an open adoption, | 让我任人收养的 |
[00:38] | but I just figured maybe you never had a choice. | 或许你们根本就没得选择 |
[00:40] | I mean, it’s China, right? | 毕竟那是在中国 对吧 |
[00:47] | – What did he say? | 他说什么 |
[00:50] | – He wants you to leave them alone. | 他想你别再烦他们 |
[00:55] | Please. | 拜托 |
[00:58] | I just want 10 minutes. | 只要十分钟 |
[00:59] | Learn what you’re like, tell you about my life. | 了解你们 并让你们了解我的生活 |
[01:13] | He said they have no daughter. | 他说他们没有女儿 |
[01:17] | I am sorry you wasted a trip. | 抱歉让你白跑一趟 |
[01:20] | I know that’s them. | 我知道是他们 |
[01:26] | How does that work? | 那个怎么用 |
[01:32] | How do I pray? | 我要如何祈祷 |
[01:34] | You make a wish and lift the Buddha. | 你许个愿 举起佛像 |
[01:41] | I wish they could understand how badly I need this. | 我希望他们能谅解我有多渴望这个 |
[01:55] | Now make the wish again. | 再许一遍愿 |
[01:58] | If you cannot lift the Buddha this time, | 如果你这次不能举起神像 |
[01:59] | your wish will be granted. | 你的愿望就会实现 |
[02:14] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[02:59] | Picked Cameron’s pocket down in the ER. | 我在急诊室里翻了卡梅隆的衣袋 |
[03:01] | Came up with a doozy. | 搞到一个有意思的病人 |
[03:03] | Your mother called. Twice. | 你母亲打了两次电话过来 |
[03:04] | But she’s still healthy. | 她还很健朗 |
[03:06] | This 25-year-old woman, on the other hand… | 这个25岁的女人可就… |
[03:08] | Her messages sounded kind of urgent. | 她听起来很急迫 |
[03:10] | Well, that’s the way women sound | 女人死了相随50年的老伴后 |
[03:12] | when their spouse of 50 years dies. | 都是这么一个样 |
[03:18] | Your dad died? Are you… | 你父亲死了 你 |
[03:20] | Yep, fine. | 恩 没事 |
[03:21] | Our patient, | 我们的病人 |
[03:23] | who’s been known to take a few drinks on non-occasions, | 据说经常小酌两杯 |
[03:26] | vomits blood and collapses on a trip to China. | 结果在中国的旅途中吐血而倒 |
[03:28] | Chinese surgeons cut out a foot of bowel, | 中国医生切掉了一英尺长的肠子 |
[03:31] | but the pain is worse now than it was before. | 但疼痛比以前更加剧了 |
[03:34] | House, call your mom. | 豪斯 打电话给你妈 |
[03:35] | What are you, my mom? | 你算老几 我妈吗 |
[03:36] | We can continue this differential in five minutes. | 我们可以五分钟后再诊断 |
[03:39] | Are those bags under your eyes? | 你有眼袋了 |
[03:42] | You were up all night. | 你整晚没睡 |
[03:43] | You told her, didn’t you? | 你告诉她了 对吧 |
[03:44] | I don’t know what your daddy issues are, | 我不知道你和你爸怎么了 |
[03:48] | but don’t deflect them on me. | 但别把话题转向我 |
[03:49] | Told his wife he’s been getting some strange. | 他向老婆坦诚自己有外遇 |
[03:51] | She kicked his adulterous tuchus to the curb. | 她就把奸夫赶出家门了 |
[03:57] | but, no, she did not kick me to the curb. | 不过她没有赶我出来 |
[03:58] | We stayed up late talking. | 我们谈了很晚 |
[04:00] | We’re going to continue talking. | 还要继续谈下去 |
[04:01] | Much like House should be doing | 就像豪斯应该现在 |
[04:02] | with his mother right now. | 对他妈做的一样 |
[04:04] | FOREMAN: Anybody read Chinese? | 有人懂中文吗 |
[04:05] | Otherwise, we have no idea what these doctors did to her. | 否则不知道这些医生对她做了什么治疗 |
[04:08] | Kutner, you’re sort of Asian, right? | 卡特那 你也算是个亚洲人 |
[04:10] | Get it translated. | 把这个翻译了 |
[04:12] | What about Meckel’s diverticulum? | 会不会是梅克尔氏憩室症 |
[04:14] | If the surgeons didn’t remove the diverticulum, | 如果手术没有移除憩室 |
[04:16] | it could cause pain, bleeding. | 可以导致疼痛 流血 |
[04:17] | Too high up for a colonoscopy. | 用结肠镜检查位置太高了 |
[04:19] | CT could miss it. | CT可以会漏检 |
[04:21] | Ultrasound’s fastest. | 超声检查是最快的 |
[04:22] | And since I’m the fastest with the ultrasound… | 既然我做超声检查是最快的 |
[04:24] | House. Let me do the ultrasound. | 豪斯 我来做超声检查 |
[04:27] | You need to deal with your dad and stop… | 你得去忙你父亲的事 |
[04:28] | I’m not deflecting because I’m avoiding something deep. | 我不是要躲避深层的东西 |
[04:31] | I’m deflecting because I’m avoiding something shallow. | 而是要回避显而易见的东西 |
[04:34] | Seriously, I’m fine. | 真的 我没事 |
[04:35] | I didn’t even like the man. | 我甚至不喜欢这人 |
[04:40] | No Meckel’s. | 不是梅克尔氏憩室症 |
[04:43] | You there for the rice or the re-education camps? | 你去那里是为了吃米饭还是去再教育露营 |
[04:46] | I was there to track down my biological parents. | 我去那里找我的亲生父母 |
[04:49] | Like a salmon returning to the stream where it was born. | 如同鲑鱼洄游到出生的小溪 |
[04:53] | Did you become whole again or did you get eaten by bears? | 你如愿了吗 还是冷水泼头 |
[04:55] | They denied my existence. | 他们否认有我的存在 |
[05:00] | Four parents | 有四个父母 |
[05:02] | and not one of them taught you to cover your mouth. | 就没人教你咳嗽的时候捂住嘴 |
[05:04] | My God, | 天哪 |
[05:05] | it looks like they cut you in half. | 看起来像他们把你砍两半了 |
[05:07] | Doctor, we’re her parents, I’m… | 医生 我们是她父母 |
[05:08] | I’m just a technician. | 我只是个技师 |
[05:11] | Her doctors will be by later, you can schmooze then. | 她的医生一会过来 你那会再唠叨吧 |
[05:13] | Can you let them know that | 你能转告他们一下 |
[05:14] | we went by her apartment, | 我们去了她的公寓 |
[05:16] | collected all her medications… | 收集了她所有的药物 |
[05:19] | I’m a technician and a doctor. | 我是个技师兼医生 |
[05:21] | You went through my apartment? | 你们翻了我的公寓 |
[05:22] | We found alcohol. | 我们发现了酒 |
[05:23] | We thought you’d quit. | 我们以为你戒掉了 |
[05:26] | – Did her drinking cause this? – No. | -是她酗酒造成的吗 -不是 |
[05:30] | Can you tell her it did? | 你能告诉她是吗 |
[05:39] | HOUSE: Licorice root. | 甘草根 |
[05:42] | No, thanks, I’m good. | 不用 谢谢 我挺好的 |
[05:45] | I threw it to you for a reason. | 我扔给你是有原因 |
[05:46] | It’s what the Chinese doctors gave her. | 那是中医医生给她的 |
[05:49] | It contains glycyrrhizin. | 含有甘草素 |
[05:50] | They were treating her for SARS? | 他们当非典治疗了 |
[05:53] | Not very effectively. | 不是很有效 |
[05:56] | But SARS explains the cough, causes hypoperfusion, | 但非典解释了咳嗽 导致了灌注不足 |
[06:01] | which explains the ischemic bowel. | 这又解释了吐血 |
[06:02] | It’s perfect. | 很完美 |
[06:03] | Lung involvement isn’t very severe. | 肺间质病变不是很严重 |
[06:04] | Okay, well, so call it ARS. | 是呀 所以才叫”非典型” |
[06:07] | Start her on ribavirin and interferon. | 给她用利巴韦林和干扰素 |
[06:17] | I’m sorry about your father. | 为你父亲的去世感到难过 |
[06:19] | I’m not. | 我不 |
[06:22] | Are we done emoting now? | 还要继续抒情吗 |
[06:24] | If there’s anything I can do, just… | 有什么需要我做的 只管 |
[06:26] | You know, you’re right. | 你说得对 |
[06:27] | I don’t think I can sleep alone tonight. | 我今晚一个人睡不着 |
[06:31] | Tell me that is liquid Vicodin. | 那是维科丁剂吧 |
[06:36] | Shockingly, | 注射免疫球蛋白 |
[06:37] | none of the nurses volunteered | 令人吃惊的是 没有一个护士自愿 |
[06:40] | to administer yours. | 来给你注射 |
[06:43] | It goes better in a large muscle. | 注射到大肌肉块效果好 |
[06:45] | Drop your pants. | 脱掉裤子 |
[06:46] | You know, I usually pay tens of dollars | 我通常付好几十块 |
[06:49] | to hear that. | 才听得到这句话 |
[06:59] | … | 我妈打电话给你了 |
[07:01] | There is a 3:40 flight out of Newark. | 如果你要走 下午3点40分 有航班 |
[07:03] | If you leave now, you can be in Lexington tonight. | 从纽瓦克起飞 晚上就可到达莱克星顿 |
[07:06] | Your mother wants you to deliver a eulogy. | 你妈衷心希望你能致悼词 |
[07:10] | Eulogy, from the Greek for “good word.” | “悼词”在希腊语中的意思是”颂德文” |
[07:13] | Now if she’d asked me to deliver a bastardogy, | 若她要我致的是”颂恶文” |
[07:16] | I’d be happy to… | 我倒是很乐意… |
[07:17] | Then be a grownup. | 成熟点吧 |
[07:18] | Call your mother back | 打电话给你妈 |
[07:21] | and tell her you’re sick with grief, | 说你非常痛心 |
[07:22] | but you’re too busy to be there. | 无奈公事缠身 无法抽身出席 |
[07:23] | She knows when I’m lying. | 她知道我这是说谎 |
[07:25] | Then start writing. | 那你就准备悼词吧 |
[07:34] | NICOLE: I yanked my brother and sister out of college? | 我学校的兄弟姐妹被他们吓坏了 |
[07:37] | Can you please tell them I’m not dying? | 请告诉他们 我生命没有危险 好吗 |
[07:40] | You have SARS. I’m wearing a mask. | 你患了非典 我还戴着口罩 |
[07:43] | It’s a big deal. Cut them some slack. | 这事非同小可 他们要知道 |
[07:45] | But I am going to be okay, right? | 但是我还是可以治的 是吧 |
[07:47] | That’s what all | 弄那么多仪器药物来 就为这原因 |
[07:51] | this stuff is for. | 人的姓名和联系方式 |
[07:52] | here and in China. | 包括美国和中国的 |
[07:54] | Flight numbers, dates. | 你所乘坐的航班号和日期… |
[07:55] | That doctor that I coughed all over, | 那个被我正对着咳嗽的医生 |
[07:56] | is he gonna be all right? | 还好吧 |
[07:58] | So far, he’s fine. | 目前无恙 |
[08:11] | (GROANS) It’s back. | 又来了 |
[08:14] | This is where the pain all started. | 跟上次开始疼痛的情形一样 |
[08:18] | She’s tachycardia. Get a crash cart in here! | 病人心搏过速 快准备急救 |
[08:20] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事 |
[08:23] | I need to know what’s going on. That’s my daughter. | 她是我女儿 我要知道她的情况 |
[08:29] | Her liver’s failing. It’s not SARS. | 她有肝衰竭 不是非典的病症 |
[08:51] | I am not doing this because I care. | 我这样做不是出自关心 |
[09:04] | Cuddy drugged me. | 卡迪给我下麻药了 |
[09:05] | She… | 她… |
[09:09] | My mom didn’t call Cuddy. | 我妈没给她打电话 |
[09:12] | She called you. | 她是打给你了 |
[09:14] | I knew you couldn’t stay away. | 我知道你不会袖手旁观 |
[09:17] | I knew you loved me too much. | 因为你太关心我的事了 |
[09:18] | I’m doing this for your mom. | 这么做是为了你妈 |
[09:20] | I’m not doing this at all. | 我才不会这么做 |
[09:22] | If there was something to be done, | 如果真要做什么 |
[09:23] | I would have done it in the year he spent dying. | 他快死那年我早就做了 |
[09:27] | You took my Vicodin? | 你拿了我的维科丁 |
[09:30] | I’m in pain. | 我快痛死了 |
[09:38] | One? | 才一颗 |
[09:43] | So the Vicodin is my leash. | 你在拿维科丁威胁我 |
[09:45] | One will take the edge off, | 一颗让我先解燃眉之急 |
[09:47] | but it won’t give me enough relief | 但不足以令我能一路坚持 |
[09:48] | for an escape back to Plainsboro. | 直到逃回普兰斯堡 |
[09:56] | Where’s my phone? | 我的手机呢 |
[10:00] | It’s the team, it’s their ring tone. | 听这音乐肯定是医疗小组给我打来的 |
[10:05] | Forget it. | 算了吧 |
[10:07] | The patient’s blood is on your hands. | 让你的双手沾满病人的淋漓的鲜血吧 |
[10:15] | FOREMAN: House? You there? | 豪斯 你在吗 |
[10:16] | I’m being held against my will. | 我被劫持了 |
[10:18] | Call the police. | 报警啊 |
[10:19] | Nicole had a clot in the hepatic vein. | 妮可的肝静脉有血液凝块 |
[10:21] | Chase sucked it out, saved her liver. | 奇斯把它吸了出来 保住了她的肝 |
[10:23] | No signs of a tumor or venous malformations, | 没有肿块或静脉血管畸形的迹象 |
[10:25] | – nothing that could cause… – She’s an addict. | -没有引起…-她是个瘾君子 |
[10:26] | – Drugs and alcohol wouldn’t… – She’s a smoker. | -药物和酒精都不能…-她还是个烟民 |
[10:29] | Combine smoking with any one of a dozen genetic disorders | 抽烟再加可能存在的遗传病 |
[10:31] | and she’s a clotting machine. | 让她成了凝血制造机 |
[10:33] | Multiple blood clots would tie together | 多处的血块积聚一起会引起肠 肺部和肝脏 |
[10:35] | bowel ischemia, lungs and the liver. | 局部缺血 |
[10:37] | FOREMAN: We need to pinpoint which defect she has | 当务之急 诊断出她的缺损何在 |
[10:38] | so we can start her on the right anti-coagulant. | 然后才能对症下药 注射合适的抗凝血剂 |
[10:40] | Draw blood. Let’s find out which genetic | 给她抽一次血 看她在亲生父母那里 |
[10:43] | gift her genetic parents gave her. | 继承了什么基因 |
[10:44] | Thanks for calling. | 谢谢你的来电 |
[10:49] | My ring tone for you is Dancing Queen by Abba. | 我给你设的来电铃声是阿巴乐队的《舞后》 |
[10:59] | Nicole? | 妮可 |
[11:04] | I need to pee. Pull over at the next stop. | 我要小便 下个休息站停一下 |
[11:11] | I’ll just pee on the floor. | 我还是就地解决算了 |
[11:13] | You bought used floor mats? | 你买了二手车垫 |
[11:18] | That is brilliant. | 太有才了 |
[11:22] | There’s a rest stop in five miles. | 下一个休息站还有5里路就到了 |
[11:38] | – Cane. | 拐杖 |
[11:39] | – The restroom’s right there. | 洗手间就在不远处 |
[11:40] | You can make it on your own. | 你自己走过去就行了 |
[11:46] | I suppose I could talk about the summer | 我想说说当年那个暑假 |
[11:49] | he decided he wasn’t speaking to me. | 他决定对我不瞅不睬 |
[11:50] | Two months. Not one word. | 两个月 没有只言片语 |
[11:53] | Anything he wanted to say, he typed up | 他把要说的话打印出来 |
[11:56] | and slipped under my bedroom door. | 塞到我房间的门缝下 |
[11:57] | You don’t want to say anything, don’t say anything, but go. | 不想说就甭说 但至少要出席 |
[12:01] | Tell your mom you’re sad. For her. | 跟你妈说声 你为她感到伤心 |
[12:04] | Just by being there I’d be lying. | 我的出现 就是个谎话 |
[12:06] | She wants to think, for a moment, | 哪怕是那么一刹 让她觉得 |
[12:08] | that she had a happy family. | 她拥有一个幸福的家庭 |
[12:10] | So give her a gift. Lie. | 送她一个美丽的谎言吧 |
[12:12] | Give me my cane, I’ll go to the damn funeral. | 拐杖给我 我去那个破丧礼就是了 |
[12:37] | I said I’d go to the funeral. | 我说的是 我会去 |
[12:39] | I didn’t say when. | 但没说什么时候 |
[12:45] | We have these two categories, inside and outside. | 这的病人有两种 留在室内的和外出散步的 |
[12:49] | Patients stay inside, | 病人留在室内修养 |
[12:51] | then, when they’re better, | 待情况好转 才能获准出外 |
[12:53] | we let them go outside. | 谢谢 |
[12:55] | Thanks, but they don’t let you smoke inside. | 但室内禁止抽烟 |
[12:57] | So why don’t you go back there | 你何不先回去 |
[12:59] | and give me five minutes outside? | 让我在外面待5分钟 |
[13:10] | Make a fist. | 握拳 |
[13:17] | Such a beautiful day, | 今天天气晴朗 |
[13:19] | we thought we’d do all our doctoring outside. | 我觉得户外的诊疗对病人好 |
[13:22] | People stare at me any time | 我们全家外出时 外人总盯着我看 |
[13:25] | I’m out with my family. | 就像个谜语题 |
[13:27] | It’s like a puzzle. Which one of these things doesn’t belong? | “这里哪个是外来人”呢 |
[13:29] | Belonging is overrated. | 亲缘关系被看得太重 |
[13:32] | I was adopted by a white family when I was nine. | 在我9岁时 我被一个白人家庭领养了 |
[13:35] | I like being different. | 我喜欢标新立异 |
[13:37] | The view’s better from the outside looking in. | 从窗外看风景别有一番景致 |
[13:43] | Must be easier to be different when you’re a success. | 作为成功人士 标新立异当然易如反掌 |
[13:50] | Is that a problem? | 这表示有问题吗 |
[13:51] | This is why we prefer inside. | 这就是为什么建议病人待在里面 |
[14:04] | You actually keep a flashlight | 你当真有个手动充电的电筒 |
[14:06] | that doesn’t need batteries in the trunk? | 备在车上 |
[14:07] | Next to the jacket, | 放在大衣的旁边 |
[14:10] | emergency water, | 还有备用水 指甲钳 |
[14:11] | nail clippers, toothbrush, space blanket. | 牙刷 太空毯 |
[14:14] | When things go wrong, I like to be ready. | 未雨绸缪 以备不时之需 |
[14:17] | Will you please | 你能…帮帮忙吗 |
[14:19] | hold the flashlight for a minute? | 帮我拿一下电筒 |
[14:32] | OK | 知道吗 |
[14:34] | You know, those aren’t just my car keys. | 那里面可不光是车钥匙 |
[14:36] | My house keys are on there, too. | 还有家里的钥匙 |
[14:37] | Amber gave me that key chain. | 钥匙链是安波儿给我的 |
[14:39] | No, she didn’t. | 不 不会是她给你的 |
[14:41] | Not unless your pet name for her was “Volvo.” | 除非她在家里管你叫”沃尔沃” |
[14:52] | A man who would lie about a gift from his dead girlfriend… | 一个谎称车钥匙是死去的女友赠与的人 |
[14:56] | ls probably responding to a childish, | 只能表明他的幼稚 |
[14:58] | pointless act of petulance. | 不善于控制感情 |
[15:00] | The struggle to | 你对抵抗别人的诱惑 |
[15:02] | resist one’s captors | 可真在行 |
[15:04] | is never pointless. | 抵抗万岁 |
[15:05] | Well, I hate to break it to you, Che, | 哥们儿 真不想告诉你 |
[15:08] | but simple delay won’t work. | 耽误时间一点作用都没有 |
[15:10] | Your mother will hold the funeral till we get there. | 我们不到 你母亲是不会举行葬礼的 |
[15:14] | My father was a punctual man, | 我爸爸可是个准时的人 |
[15:16] | beholden to time. | 事事按时间走 |
[15:19] | Two minutes late for dinner, you didn’t eat. | 迟到餐桌两分钟 你可就不用吃饭了 |
[15:21] | … | 如果推迟 会显得对他不尊敬 |
[15:23] | My mother would never disrespect him by starting the funeral late. | 妈妈决不会推迟葬礼的 |
[15:25] | Yeah, you clearly have no issues to work through. | 我告诉你 你的愿望不可能实现 |
[15:29] | Come on, forget the keys. | 算了吧 别折腾钥匙了 |
[15:31] | Call a locksmith. | 打电话叫个锁匠 |
[15:33] | We’ll go inside and play Guess that Smell | 然后咱们到那边和货车司机们 |
[15:35] | with the truckers while we’re waiting. | 一起玩”猜猜谁的味”的游戏 |
[15:37] | Join me on the dark side. | 拥抱下内心的黑暗 |
[15:41] | Dark side’s done, House. | 豪斯 没机会了 |
[15:43] | I’m delivering you to your mother, | 我会把你送到你母亲那里 |
[15:44] | and that’s it. | 就完事了 |
[15:47] | I’ve moved on. | 我继续行动了 |
[15:52] | … | 你们觉得豪斯会送哪种 |
[15:59] | I mean, if he wasn’t an ass. | 我是说 如果他还有人性的话 |
[16:02] | Send one of those giant cookies shaped like a coffin. | 送棺材状的巨大甜饼 |
[16:06] | … | 他妈妈一看就知道是他送的了 |
[16:10] | Just wanted you to know the extent | 只要想提醒一下 |
[16:11] | to which the man is disconnected from the human race. | 他可是个彻底与世隔绝的人 |
[16:13] | Took a six pack of FFP to stop the oozing. | 输了六袋血浆才稳定住渗透压 |
[16:15] | … | 她在失血(凝血因子的聚集产生血凝的同时发生失血) |
[16:19] | which means she’s got cancer. | 说明她罹患癌症 |
[16:20] | She’s young. It could be leukemia. | 她年龄不大 可能是白血病 |
[16:22] | Normal WBC | 白细胞数量正常排除了白血病 |
[16:24] | makes that less likely. | 腹部疼痛说明可能是胃肠道肿瘤 |
[16:27] | He wasn’t looking for a tumor. Go run a CT. | 他没有看到肿瘤 去做个CT |
[16:30] | CHASE: I don’t buy it. | 我不明白 |
[16:31] | CT can find small intestinal cancers | CT能发现超声检查 |
[16:34] | that an ultrasound… I don’t buy House. | -检测不到的癌变组织 -我不明白豪斯 |
[16:38] | When my father died, I wound up killing a patient. | 当我父亲去世的时候 尽管我恨他 |
[16:39] | And I hated the man. | 但我还是慌得害死了个病人 |
[16:41] | Whatever House says or doesn’t say, | 虽然豪斯什么都没说 |
[16:43] | I’m sure the guy’s a mess. | 我肯定那家伙现在一团糟 |
[16:46] | So he was a bastard. | 就算他是个混蛋 |
[16:49] | He was still your father. | 他也还是你的父亲 |
[16:50] | You’re biologically programmed to have feelings for him. | 血浓于水 从生理上来讲你对他是有感情的 |
[16:53] | No, I’m not. | 不 我没有 |
[16:55] | Feelings aren’t rational. | 有感情是可以理解的 |
[16:58] | I know you have trouble with anything | 我知道你不太能理解 |
[17:00] | that can’t be quantified and counted. | 那些不能被量化的事情 |
[17:01] | He’s not my biological father. | 他不是我的生父 |
[17:08] | I figured it out when I was 12. | 我十二岁的时候知道的 |
[17:10] | Of course. | 当然 |
[17:11] | You’re a brilliant, socially-isolated 12-year-old, | 你十二岁的时候 就聪明透顶 与世隔绝 |
[17:14] | and you create a parallel universe | 为自己建造了一个 |
[17:16] | in which your life doesn’t suck. | 生活完美的理想世界 |
[17:17] | I looked at the facts. | 我说的是事实 |
[17:20] | First of all, he was deployed | 首先 他被派遣到遥远的冲绳县 |
[17:23] | on training exercises off Okinawa | 接受训练 |
[17:24] | during the time I had to be conceived. | 我是那时被怀上的 |
[17:25] | And since you’re 150 years old, | 真可惜 您老已经一百五十多岁了 |
[17:28] | air travel was impossible. | 不能来趟星际旅行 |
[17:29] | His second toe was longer than his big toe. | 他第二个脚趾比大姆脚趾长 |
[17:32] | Mine isn’t. This is sad. | -我的不是 -真不幸 |
[17:35] | You don’t believe your mother screwed around. | 你竟然怀疑你妈在外面乱搞 |
[17:37] | I have a distinctive red birthmark on my scalp | 我肩胛骨有一个特别的红色胎记 |
[17:40] | that matches a certain friend of the family. | 家里一位朋友也有一块 |
[17:42] | If you believed this story, | 如果你真相信这个 |
[17:44] | you wouldn’t be telling me about his birthmarks, | 就不会跟我说胎记的事了 |
[17:46] | you’d be telling me about | 你会直接告诉我这是你亲自做 |
[17:47] | the genetic testing you had done. | 亲子鉴定的结果 |
[17:49] | And since you haven’t mentioned it, | 既然你没有提到 |
[17:50] | obviously, you didn’t do it, because you don’t want to… | 就说明 你没有去做亲子鉴定 |
[17:51] | House, what are you doing? | 因为你不想去做… 豪斯 搞什么呢 |
[17:53] | Get your… Get off the… | 把 把你的 拿开 |
[17:55] | There’s a cop. | 那里有警车 |
[18:04] | Nicole, lie still. | 妮可 躺好 |
[18:07] | This will only take a few seconds. | 马上就好了 |
[18:08] | One-millimeter cut through upper abdomen. | 从腹部断面向上移一厘米 |
[18:12] | She was adopted when the parents thought they couldn’t have kids. | 她养父母得知自己不能生育 |
[18:14] | Then they had three more. | 才收养她的 |
[18:18] | She took the message as, “Thanks for playing, | 没几天 就对她说 谢谢参与 |
[18:19] | “but we have our real children now.” | 但现在我们有了自己的孩子 |
[18:21] | And the real children probably think | 亲生的孩子又会想他们也许只是个意外 |
[18:24] | they were accidents | 每个人都有自己的不幸 |
[18:26] | She’s an addict. Something went wrong. | 事情乱了 她就找上了毒品 |
[18:28] | And it has to be the parents? | 能怪养父母吗 |
[18:30] | Magnifying pancreas. | 放大胰腺 |
[18:32] | I’m not saying the parents screwed up. | 我不是说是亲生父母的错 |
[18:34] | You’re saying you like her, | 你是说自己的遭遇和她一样 |
[18:36] | so you don’t want her faults to be her fault. | 你想说这一切都不是她自己的错 |
[18:38] | But they’re someone’s fault, | 但这种结果肯定要有人负责 |
[18:40] | and the only other people you know are… | 而你知道一个该为此负责的人 |
[18:44] | I think we may need to call House again. | 我觉得又该给豪斯打电话了 |
[18:48] | HOUSE: You lost track of your speed? | 忘记看仪表盘了? |
[18:52] | I think that was Hitler’s excuse, | 这可是希特勒才用的借口 |
[18:54] | “Lost track of the Jews.” | 忘记自己杀了多少犹太人了 |
[18:58] | You were protecting me. | 我没和你闹着玩 |
[18:59] | You were protecting me. | 你是在保护我 |
[19:00] | Anybody in their right mind | 任何一个正常人 |
[19:02] | would have ratted me out. | 都会把我供出去 |
[19:03] | I’m just trying to speed things along. | 我只是想省点时间 |
[19:06] | You are going to this funeral. | 你要出席这个葬礼 |
[19:15] | Make it fast. | 有话快说 |
[19:17] | I don’t want to miss the anal cavity search. | 我可不想错过肛门搜查 |
[19:20] | Looks like a mass in the pancreas. | 看上去胰腺一团糟 |
[19:22] | Not to me. This is radio. | 我可看不见 我手上拿的这东西叫电话 |
[19:24] | And I want a full play-by-play. | 具体说一下 |
[19:25] | It’s fluid-filled. | 胰腺积水 |
[19:27] | Could you get out of the car, please, sir? | 先生 请下车 |
[19:29] | Officer, if you want to give me a ticket, | 长官 如果你想开罚单 |
[19:30] | I totally understand. | 我完全可以接受 |
[19:31] | Just get out of the car, sir. | 先生 请先下车 |
[19:33] | – Cyst? – FOREMAN: Large cyst. | 是囊肿吗 非常大的囊肿 |
[19:36] | … | 威尔森要被逮捕了 |
[19:38] | SUV-sized | 囊肿多大 |
[19:39] | or mid range-sedan? | 像休闲越野车还是跑车那么大 |
[19:41] | Seriously? What did you do? | 开玩笑吧 你干啥呢 |
[19:43] | I’m obviously joking. | 当然是玩笑了 |
[19:45] | If Wilson was getting handcuffed on the hood of his car, | 要是威尔森被按在发动机上 戴上手铐 |
[19:48] | would I be carrying on a differential? | 我还能在这做诊断吗 |
[19:50] | Diameter’s at least eight centimeters. | 直径至少八厘米 |
[19:52] | Is it in the tail or the head? | 尾部还是头部 |
[19:54] | The head. | 头部 |
[19:55] | You, too, sir, out of the car. | 你也一样 先生 出来 |
[19:57] | We’ve got a construction site. | 我们到了一个建筑工地 |
[20:01] | A steamroller is plowing… | 压路机正在工作… |
[20:03] | Out, now. | 快出来 |
[20:08] | No cane. | 别拿手杖 |
[20:21] | James Evan Wilson. | 詹姆斯·埃文·威尔森 |
[20:23] | There’s a warrant for your arrest in Louisiana. | 路易斯安那州曾对你发出拘捕令 |
[20:35] | What are the traits of a steamroller? | 压路机的特点是什么 |
[20:36] | Powerful. Maybe pancreatic cancer. | 马力大 可能是胰腺癌 |
[20:39] | Great idea. Except the only symptom | 想法不错 唯一的共同特征 |
[20:40] | it matches up with is being steamroller-ish. | 就是它们都很强劲 |
[20:43] | You don’t think House is onto something? | 你们不认为豪斯是出事了吗 |
[20:45] | I think he thought he had an idea. | 我觉得他已经有主意了 |
[20:47] | I also think his metaphors are tough | 我还觉得他的暗喻 |
[20:48] | enough to decipher after he’s said them. | 是很难破解的 |
[20:51] | We need to be focusing on the medicine. | 我们应该把焦点放在药物上 |
[20:52] | No answer. | 没人接 |
[20:54] | There’s not going to be an answer. | 不会有人接的 |
[20:55] | They’ve been arrested. | 他们被逮捕了 |
[20:57] | He was joking. | 开玩笑罢了 |
[20:57] | He reacted to the size and location. | 他提到大小和地点 |
[20:59] | That’s what we should be focusing on, | 这是值得注意的 |
[21:01] | not playing Madlibs | 而不是在病人岌岌可危 |
[21:02] | while our patient’s exploding “noun” destroys her life-sustaining “noun.” | 还在玩什么破译的猜谜游戏 |
[21:06] | I’ll try to get Wilson on the line. | 我联系下威尔森试试 |
[21:07] | What if it’s not how a steamroller works, | 可能指的不是压路机的特征 |
[21:09] | but what it does? | 而是它的作用 |
[21:11] | Clears things. | 比如清除障碍 |
[21:14] | It’s a waste of time. | 完全是浪费时间 |
[21:24] | I need that phone call. | 电话得给我 |
[21:27] | I’m a doctor. | 我是医生 |
[21:28] | When someone tries to call you three times, | 要是有人连打三次电话 |
[21:30] | it’s code for “Pick up the damn phone before someone dies.” | 就意味着要我赶紧接电话 不然就有人挂掉了 |
[21:34] | I’m sure there’s other smart doctors. | 还有别的好医生 |
[21:37] | You’d be surprised. | 你会感到匪夷所思的 |
[21:39] | You told me you’d taken care of this. | 你说你会搞定的 |
[21:41] | I did. | 的确 |
[21:43] | The first words you ever said to me. | 这是你对我说的第一句话 |
[21:45] | I took care of it. | 我处理了 |
[21:47] | You must have screwed up somehow. | 肯定是不知怎的被你搞砸的 |
[21:49] | Sir? | 先生 |
[21:51] | Not to hurry you, | 不是想催你 |
[21:52] | but we need to be at a funeral in… | 可是我们要去参加葬礼 |
[21:56] | Nobody is going anywhere or taking any phone calls | 收到路易斯安那州的消息之前 |
[21:59] | till I hear back from Louisiana. | 哪儿都别想去 也别想打电话 |
[22:01] | It’s a really old warrant. | 那是很久前的拘捕令了 |
[22:03] | Isn’t there a statute of limitations | 不是有关于这个的 |
[22:05] | on this kind of thing? | 时效法规吗 |
[22:06] | It’s suspended when you flee the state. | 从你逃出这个州就开始生效 |
[22:08] | I didn’t flee the state, | 我没逃跑 |
[22:10] | I left the state, | 只是离开了 |
[22:12] | because I don’t live in the state. | 因为我不住这儿 |
[22:13] | And the charges were | 而且只是很轻 |
[22:16] | just so minor… | 很轻的控诉 |
[22:18] | “Vandalism, destruction | 故意破坏 |
[22:20] | of property, assault…” | 恶意破坏财产 袭击他人 |
[22:22] | There is a simple explanation. | 事情是这样的 |
[22:25] | There was a medical convention in New Orleans. | 在新奥尔良有个医学研讨会 |
[22:27] | You don’t need to explain to me. | 你没必要跟我解释 |
[22:29] | I was fresh out of med school. | 我刚从医学院毕业 |
[22:30] | I didn’t know anybody at the convention. | 研讨会上的人一个都不认识 |
[22:31] | You heard the man, Wilson. | 没听见他的话吗 威尔森 |
[22:33] | You don’t have to explain. | 你不用解释了 |
[22:35] | I am not going to sit here wasting time | 我才不会坐在这白白浪费时间 |
[22:37] | just so you can avoid your father’s funeral. | 好给你机会躲避你父亲的葬礼 |
[22:42] | He’s my father. | 他是我父亲 |
[22:44] | I have the right to avoid his funeral. | 我有权不参加葬礼 |
[22:46] | Not if your mother’s alive, you don’t. | 要是你母亲还在 你就不能这样 |
[22:48] | Okay. | 好了 |
[22:50] | Explain. | 说说是怎么回事吧 |
[22:53] | CHASE: Did House react to the eight centimeters? | 豪斯听说八厘米后什么反应 |
[22:56] | He whistled. | 吹口哨 |
[22:57] | It’s huge. Anyone would think so. | 太大了 谁听了都会惊讶的 |
[22:59] | House doesn’t whistle because he’s impressed. | 他要是想通了就不会吹口哨 |
[23:01] | Means he wasn’t expecting it. | 吹口哨意味着超出他的预期 |
[23:02] | Means he changed his mind at that point. | 也就是说那时候他改变想法了 |
[23:05] | A single super-sized cyst ruled | 一个超大囊肿 |
[23:06] | out a diffuse process, like scleroderma or lupus. | 那就不会像硬皮病或是狼疮那样扩散 |
[23:09] | Rule out diffuse process, you’re stuck with single process, | 排除扩散的可能 你还再想单一进程 |
[23:10] | affecting just the pancreas. | 只对胰脏有影响 |
[23:12] | Gallstones or pancreatic divisum. | 引发结石或是胰腺分裂 |
[23:15] | Whatever he asked next would have narrowed that down. | 他下面要问的肯定会缩小范围 |
[23:16] | He asked about location. | 他问了部位 |
[23:18] | Heads, it’s gallstones. Tails, it’s divisum. | 头部是结石 尾部胰腺分裂 |
[23:20] | It’s at the head. She’s got gallstones. | 那就是头部了 她得了结石 |
[23:22] | The steamroller means potholes, means… | 压路机指的是窝穴 |
[23:24] | Relax. We got it. | 别想了 我们知道是什么了 |
[23:26] | You figured out she’s got gallstones? | 你知道她得了结石 |
[23:31] | I was at the hotel bar, trying to unwind | 当时我在酒店酒吧 想休息下 |
[23:33] | with a drink. | 喝一杯 |
[23:35] | There was this guy who kept playing | 有个家伙一直在点那首 |
[23:37] | Billy Joel’s Leave a Tender Moment Alone on the jukebox. | 比利·乔尔的《独享温柔一刻》 |
[23:42] | Leave a Tender Moment is a good song. | 《独享温柔一刻》是首好歌 |
[23:43] | It’s a great song. He was out of line. | 非常棒的歌 只是他太过激了 |
[23:46] | Not as good as Scenes from an Italian | 不过不如《意大利餐馆往昔》好听 |
[23:47] | Restaurant or… | 也不如 |
[23:49] | So I asked the man to stop. Politely. | 所以我很有礼貌地要求他停下 |
[23:52] | Yeah, you yelled politely. | 你是很有礼貌地冲他喊吧 |
[23:54] | I was polite the first couple of times. | 开始是很有礼貌 |
[23:56] | But courtesy made no impression on this ass. | 但是这个蠢货不懂什么礼仪 |
[24:00] | So I threw a bottle into the mirror, | 为了让他明白我的意思 |
[24:04] | which successfully conveyed my message. | 我就把酒瓶冲镜子扔了过去 |
[24:07] | And smashed a 10-foot antique mirror. | 结果把十英尺厚的古董镜打碎了 |
[24:10] | And set an example for two other patrons, | 还给另外两人做了榜样 |
[24:13] | who threw shot glasses… | 他们开始互扔杯子 |
[24:14] | WILSON: I had nothing to do with that fight. | 打架和我无关 |
[24:17] | The assault charge was totally bogus. | 袭击的指控完全是不成立的 |
[24:19] | And I paid for the mirror. | 而且我赔了那块镜子的钱 |
[24:21] | I think I have the picture. | 我有点明白了 |
[24:24] | I assume you’re the guy who was playing the song. | 你就是那个不停点播歌曲的人 |
[24:26] | No, I was the guy who bailed him out. | 不是我 我是保释他出来的人 |
[24:29] | That’s how we met. I was in jail. | 我们就是那样认识的 当时我在监狱里 |
[24:33] | This guy was a total stranger to you, | 你不认识这家伙 |
[24:34] | and you bailed him out? | 为什么要保释他 |
[24:36] | It was a boring convention. | 那个会议太无聊了 |
[24:38] | I had to have somebody to drink with. | 我得找个人陪我喝酒 |
[24:40] | And there’s the foundation of our entire friendship. | 可是这就是我们友谊的基础 |
[24:42] | If you hadn’t been bored one weekend, | 要不是你周末觉得无聊了 |
[24:44] | it wouldn’t even exist. | 那一切根本不会发生 |
[24:46] | Hey, with 3,000 people at that convention, | 那场会议可是有3000人 |
[24:48] | you were the one I thought wasn’t boring. | 你是我唯一觉得有点意思的 |
[24:49] | That says something. | 这总说明了什么吧 |
[24:51] | It also says something that you lied to me about getting the charges dropped. | 这也说明你骗了我 |
[24:53] | I got a lawyer, he cut a deal. | -你根本没有替我撤销指控 -是我找了个律师 |
[24:54] | You didn’t call the guy? | 和警方达成协议的 |
[24:55] | You have to show up | 你当时干嘛不打电话给那家伙 |
[24:56] | at the arraignment. | 你还得出席接受提讯 |
[24:57] | Everybody knows that. | 地球人都知道 |
[24:59] | Everybody with your misdemeanor experience. | 像你这种成天犯事的人才知道 |
[25:01] | You can go. | 你可以走了 |
[25:03] | What? | 啥 |
[25:04] | He’s a fugitive from justice. | 他…他可是逃犯啊 |
[25:07] | That whole story was lies. He stabbed a man. | 那个故事是假的 其实他捅了那人一刀 |
[25:10] | Louisiana doesn’t want to pay | 路易斯安娜州不愿意花钱 |
[25:13] | to get you back. Forget Louisiana. | -引渡你回去 -不要管路易斯安娜了 |
[25:15] | He was driving recklessly through your comatose village. | 他在你平静的村庄里横冲直撞 |
[25:19] | What, do they put lead in the jelly donuts here? | 难道这里的人铅粉吃多了 |
[25:20] | Stop acting like such an ingrate | 做人不能忘恩负义 |
[25:23] | and go pay your respects to your father. | 去参加丧礼 给你父亲一点尊重 |
[25:28] | CT confirmed gallstones. | CT结果证明是胆石 |
[25:30] | Normally not dangerous, almost everyone has them, | 通常是没有危险的 几乎每个人都会有 |
[25:33] | but sometimes… | 可是有时候 |
[25:34] | They kill you? | 这些胆石会致命 |
[25:36] | Yup. Unless I take them out. | 是的 除非把它们取出来 |
[25:39] | We do it laparoscopically. Um… | 我们会进行腹腔镜检查 |
[25:45] | How long has her urine been brown? | 她的尿从什么时刻开始变成棕色的 |
[25:48] | Kidneys were fine this afternoon. | 她的肾脏在今天下午还是好的 |
[25:49] | They’re not now. | 现在可不好了 |
[25:54] | It’s not the gallstones. | 她得的不是胆石 |
[25:58] | HOUSE: Well, of course it’s not gallstones. | 当然不是胆石了 |
[25:59] | Who thought it was gallstones? | 谁说过这是胆石了 |
[26:02] | You said “steamroller.” | 是你说”要压碎”的 |
[26:03] | I also said “construction site.” | 我也说了”建设工地”啊 |
[26:05] | Gallstones could cause a pancreatic cyst. | 胆石可能会导致胰脏囊肿 |
[26:08] | Just turn around. | 打道回府吧 |
[26:09] | The thing is two hours over already, | 丧礼都开始两个小时了 |
[26:11] | and that’s the third time we’ve passed that colonial | 这已经是你第三次经过那间 |
[26:12] | with the cross burning out front. | 有个十字架的居民房了 |
[26:15] | I’m not lost. | 我没有迷路 |
[26:17] | I’m not talking about what caused the cyst. | 我不是再说什么导致了囊肿 |
[26:19] | I’m talking about what the cyst caused. | 我是在说囊肿导致什么 |
[26:21] | Everything- | 什么都会有 |
[26:22] | Cysts are symptoms, not diagnoses. | 囊肿只是症状之一 不是诊断 |
[26:24] | Unless it’s a multiple cyst with connections to other organs. | 除非这是个其他器官相互作用的囊肿 |
[26:27] | Like a steamroller. | 就像是蒸汽压路机 |
[26:29] | That’s a long road down to the kidneys. | 那里离肾脏还很远 |
[26:31] | How do we prove it? Won’t be visible on a scan, | 那我们要怎么证明 通过扫描是没法看到的 |
[26:33] | Chase isn’t gonna go groping around when she’s got kidney failure. | 当她肾衰竭的时候我们不能在她全身搜索 |
[26:36] | Bubbles. | 气泡 |
[26:37] | – Is that your new stripper name? – Yes. | 是你的新脱衣舞娘的名字吗 |
[26:39] | And also, we inject bubbles into the cyst | 是的 而且 我们把气泡注入囊胞 |
[26:41] | and follow where they drift. | 跟踪它会游走到哪里 |
[26:42] | If they end up in her other organs, | 如果它是停在别的器官上的话 |
[26:44] | we know you’re right, cut it out, she’s fine. | 就证明了你的说法 把囊肿切除 她就没事了 |
[26:45] | Bubbles is right. | 泡泡这方法可行 |
[26:46] | Go echo. | 去吧 |
[26:51] | I’m not lost. | 我说了我没有迷路 |
[27:09] | Nicole, you gotta stay still. | 妮可 你不能动 |
[27:11] | (STAMMERS) I’m nervous. | 我…我紧张 |
[27:12] | You’re not nervous. | 你这不是紧张 |
[27:14] | It’s the DTs, isn’t it? | 这是震颤性谵妄[译注:因酒精中毒引起] |
[27:15] | I haven’t had a drink since I got here. | 自从来这里之后我就没碰过酒了 |
[27:21] | Good heavens. We haven’t missed it after all. | 天哪 我们竟然还能赶得上 |
[27:25] | It’s like the end of A Christmas Carol. | 就像是耶诞颂歌的结尾 |
[27:39] | I’m so glad you’re here. | 你能来我太高兴了 |
[27:43] | It’s a load off of | 只要看到你 |
[27:44] | my mind just to see you. | 我心里的石头就落地了 |
[27:48] | Thank you, James. | 詹姆斯 谢谢你 |
[27:50] | Mom, how could you delay the funeral? | 妈 你是怎样推迟整个丧礼的 |
[27:51] | Honey, your dad is dead. He’s not going to care. | 宝贝 你爸都死了 他不会计较这些的了 |
[27:54] | Do you know what you’re going to say? | 你知道你待会要说些什么吗 |
[27:57] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:58] | Just let the minister, | 让那部长去说吧 |
[27:59] | or one of his buddies from the Corps… | 或者他部队的伙伴们 |
[28:01] | You’re talking. | 你要去致悼词 |
[28:02] | I don’t care that you didn’t like him. | 我不管你有多不喜欢他 |
[28:04] | He was your father and he loved you. | 他是你爸爸 他爱你 |
[28:07] | The war is over, Greg. | 格雷戈 你们之间的战争结束了 |
[28:11] | Please do this for me. | 求你 就当是为了我做的吧 |
[28:16] | Stop looking so worried. | 别看起来那么忧心忡忡 |
[28:19] | I know he’s gonna make me proud. | 我知道他会让我自豪的 |
[28:21] | I’m sure you know him better than I do. | 我当然知道你比我更了解他啦 |
[28:31] | Her liver’s been compromised. | 她的肝脏在衰竭 |
[28:33] | And the DTs will cause her muscles | 而那些震颤性谵妄会导致她的肌肉 |
[28:34] | to continue to twitch, even under sedation. | 继续抽搐 |
[28:36] | We need to paralyze her to do this procedure. | 我们在进行这个手术时要使她麻痹 |
[28:38] | I wanted to stop. | 我不想再这样子了 |
[28:40] | A phenobarbital coma will not only allow us | 用氯化吩砒嗪麻醉只会减慢我们 |
[28:42] | to inject the cyst, it’ll treat the DTs. | 注射囊肿的速度 这可以治疗震颤性谵妄 |
[28:45] | When she wakes up, she won’t be in withdrawal. | 当她醒来的时候 药力还不会消退 |
[28:47] | We’ve seen her through withdrawal before. | 我们以前已经见过她昏昏沉沉的样子了 |
[28:50] | We’ve seen her through everything. | 她的每一个阶段我们都见过 |
[28:53] | We’ve been supportive, we’ve been combative. | 我们支持过她 我们也跟她争执过 |
[28:57] | We’ve picked her up from bars in the middle of the night, | 我们曾在一个深夜到酒吧里把她抬回来 |
[28:58] | we’ve let her spend the night in jail. | 我们曾经让她在监狱里待了一个晚上 |
[29:03] | I used to say it would be okay, | 我以前总说这没关系 |
[29:05] | that I’d get it together. | 我会振作起来 |
[29:07] | I don’t say that anymore. | 我不会再这么说了 |
[29:12] | Let’s make you healthy. | 我们会让你好起来的 |
[29:13] | Then we’ll worry about making you sober. | 然后我们就会担心怎样使你清醒 |
[29:17] | The Lord is my shepherd, | 上帝是我的保护神 |
[29:19] | I shall not want. | 我不应该想… |
[29:20] | I am not talking. | 我不会去致悼词的 |
[29:23] | We were strangers. | 我们只是陌生人 |
[29:25] | We shared some geography 30 years ago. | 三十年前在同一个地区活动 |
[29:26] | Right. He had no influence on you at all. | 没错 他对你是没有什么影响 |
[29:30] | The father who was compulsive about punctuality. | 你的父亲强迫你准时 |
[29:32] | His issue, | 是他的问题 |
[29:34] | which I deliberately made not my issue. | 我故意的让这不成为我的问题 |
[29:36] | Thereby making it your issue. | 所以这就是你的问题了 |
[29:38] | Compulsively showing up four hours late, | 强迫自己迟到四小时 |
[29:40] | ignoring discipline, ignoring rules… | 无视纪律 无视教条 |
[29:42] | Oh, God. He’s here. | 老天啊 他在 |
[29:44] | Who’s here? | 谁在 |
[29:46] | The one you’re pretending is your father? | 那个被你当作你老爸的人 |
[29:49] | Nice pick, he looks like Sean Connery. | 好眼光 他看起来像肖恩·康纳利 |
[29:53] | So, back when you were devising this fantasy, did you tell your father? | 所以当你在发白日梦的时候 |
[29:58] | “Dad, I refuse to recognize your existence | 你难道说 “爸 我意识不到你的存在 |
[30:01] | “because I’ve chosen James Bond as my dad?” | 因为我挑了007当我的老爸” |
[30:03] | … | 让我们祈祷 |
[30:04] | I used different words. | 我不这么说的 |
[30:07] | What? | 啥 |
[30:11] | Hearing your own son hates you so much | 听说你自己的儿子还挺恨你 |
[30:13] | he’s replaced you in his mind? | 他把你从他脑海里抹去了 |
[30:16] | That’s gotta suck. How did he take it? | 这真他妈难说 他怎么做到的 |
[30:18] | I already told you. | 我已经告诉你了 |
[30:20] | Amen | 阿门 |
[30:21] | He didn’t speak to me for a summer. | 他一暑假都没和我说话 |
[30:31] | It means more to me than I can say | 这一切对于我来说 比我 |
[30:35] | to have all of you here today. | 今天在这里和你们各位说的还要重大 |
[30:36] | And now our son, Gregory, | 我们的儿子格利高里 |
[30:41] | would like to say a few words. | 想说些什么 |
[30:47] | Greg? | 格利高里 |
[31:07] | There’s a lot of people here today, | 今天这儿来了好多人 |
[31:09] | including some from the Corps. | 有些是军队里来的 |
[31:12] | And I notice that every one of them | 我注意到他们每个人 |
[31:16] | is either my father’s rank or higher, | 都跟我父亲是同一级别或级别更高 |
[31:20] | and that doesn’t surprise me, | 这也没什么好惊讶的 |
[31:22] | because if the test of a man | 因为对一个人的评价 |
[31:26] | is how he treats those he has power over, | 取决于他如何对待比他弱小的人 |
[31:31] | it was a test my father failed. | 我父亲在这方面是不及格的 |
[31:37] | This man you’re eager to pay homage to, | 这个你们过来表达敬意的人 |
[31:40] | he was incapable of admitting any point of view but his own. | 从不认同自己以外的观点 |
[31:45] | He punished failure, | 他严惩失败者 |
[31:47] | and he did not accept anything less than… | 不接受任何形式的推脱 |
[32:01] | He loved doing what he did. | 但他热爱他的事业 |
[32:06] | He saw his work as some kind of | 他把他的工作看成一种 |
[32:09] | sacred calling, | 神圣的使命 |
[32:12] | more important than any personal relationship. | 重于一切私人情感 |
[32:18] | Maybe if he’d been a better father, | 或许他要是一个好父亲的话 |
[32:21] | I’d be a better son. | 我也会变成一个更好的儿子 |
[32:26] | But I am what I am because of him. | 但我一直深深的受着他的影响 |
[32:28] | For better or for worse. | 无论更好抑或更坏 |
[32:32] | And I just… I just wish… | 我只是 只是希望 |
[33:12] | (WHISPERS) Put it back. | 放回去 |
[33:15] | Well, he’s not gonna miss it. | 反正他也不会想念 |
[33:16] | I’m done enabling. | 我不能再纵容你 |
[33:18] | You can’t even let them put him in the ground | 你不能因为你的意愿就让 |
[33:19] | without making it serve your agenda. | 他无法好好安息 |
[33:21] | HOUSE: You really wanna do this in front of everybody? | 你真想在众人面前大闹一场 |
[33:24] | You wanna punish me or them? | 你想折腾我还是他们 |
[33:39] | How can I still feel surprise? | 我居然还能感到惊讶 |
[33:42] | You would take even this, | 你竟然可以把一个 |
[33:43] | a moment of real human grief, | 一段哀悼悲痛的时刻 |
[33:45] | and turn it into a farce. | 弄成一个闹剧 |
[33:46] | Oh, cut the crap. | 少废话了 |
[33:48] | You enjoy what I do. | 你还不是乐在其中 |
[33:50] | I never had to force you, | 我从没强求过你 |
[33:51] | you like coming along for the ride. | 是你把我一路送过来的 |
[33:53] | Yes, that’s why I’m cheering you on now. | 是啊 我现在还要为你欢呼喝彩呢 |
[33:55] | This is about you needing to be prepared for the worst. | 人生总得做好最坏的打算 |
[33:58] | So you become an oncologist. | 你现在变成肿瘤专家了 |
[34:00] | No surprises there, the worst happens all the time. | 没什么好惊讶的 糟糕的情形总会出现 |
[34:03] | But Amber, she was young and healthy. | 但是安波儿 她健康年轻 |
[34:05] | Her death came out of nowhere. | 她的死突如其来 |
[34:07] | Don’t bring Amber into this. | 别把安波儿搅合进来 |
[34:08] | And you weren’t ready. That makes you angry. The world sucks, | 你根本就手足无措 所以怒不可遏 |
[34:11] | and you didn’t have time to brace yourself. | 这个世界真糟糕 你无法撑过去 |
[34:13] | What happened out there is your show. | 那里刚才进行的是你的表演 |
[34:15] | You’re scared to death of losing anyone that matters, | 你害怕死亡带走身边的人 |
[34:18] | so you dump the person who matters the most to you. | 于是你就把最关心你的人丢下 |
[34:20] | I’m not scared to death, I’m moving forward. | 我不是怕 我只是想抛开过去 |
[34:23] | Because no one can take away | 你不害怕失去 |
[34:24] | from you what you no longer have. | 是因为你不再拥有 |
[34:27] | Your father’s death is about you. | 你父亲因你而死 |
[34:28] | Amber’s death is about you. | 安波儿也是因为你而死 |
[34:30] | I can’t imagine why someone wouldn’t want to be your friend. | 我无法想象还有人愿意做你的朋友 |
[34:32] | Admit it. You’re angry | 承认吧 你愤怒而且 |
[34:34] | and you’re scared of losing me. | 害怕失去我 |
[34:36] | – I’m not angry, I’m not scared. – Admit it. | -我不愤怒 我不害怕 -承认吧 |
[34:38] | – I’m not afraid. – Admit it! | -我不害怕 -承认吧 |
[34:40] | – I’ve lost people. It happens. – Admit it. Admit it! | -我失去了很多人 发生了 -承认吧 承认吧 |
[34:42] | What are you, five? Stop repeating… | 你什么玩意儿啊 才五岁吗 停止重复 |
[34:44] | Admit it. Admit it. Admit it. | 承认吧 承认吧 承认吧 |
[34:46] | Admit it. Admit it. Admit it. | 承认吧 承认吧 承认吧 |
[34:47] | Come on, admit it! Admit it! | 拜托 承认吧 承认吧 |
[34:55] | Still not boring. | 还算有点意思 |
[35:00] | Did you know I was going to do that? | 你知不知道我要去这么做 |
[35:02] | Because I didn’t know I was going to do that. | 因为我原不知道我会去做这个 |
[35:04] | I know you have trouble losing people. | 我知道你失去亲人不好受 |
[35:07] | In New Orleans, I saw you carrying this express package | 我看见你拿了一个快递包裹 在新奥尔良 |
[35:10] | around the conference, | 在会议附近 |
[35:12] | and you wouldn’t let it go, but you wouldn’t open it, | 你没有扔掉 但你也没有打开它 |
[35:16] | so I peeked at the return address. | 所以我看了一下回寄地址 |
[35:18] | Diamond, Fairbarren. | 戴尔蒙德·费尔拜恩 |
[35:19] | Divorce attorneys. | 婚介律师 |
[35:22] | Your first wife had just served you with papers. | 你的前妻和你在闹离婚 |
[35:23] | Did you know that when you bailed me out? | 你保释我的时候就知道这些? |
[35:26] | Were you doing something nice for me? | 你是想过来同情我? |
[35:29] | What did I say about being boring? | 我说过当时我是无聊了 |
[35:32] | We owe your mom an apology. | 我们得跟你妈妈道歉 |
[35:38] | Hello. | 你好 |
[35:39] | It’s House. | 是豪斯 |
[35:40] | HOUSE: How’d the bubble test go? | 气泡测试怎么样了 |
[35:42] | The problem wasn’t the cyst. | 问题不是囊肿 |
[35:43] | It’s advanced dilated cardiomyopathy. | 是晚期扩张性心肌炎 |
[35:44] | We did a three-dimensional echo, | 我们做了一个三叉血管回声 |
[35:46] | showed a mass in the left atrium. | 左心房问题比较多 |
[35:47] | KUTNER: Looks like an atrial myxoma. | 看上去显示心房甲氧基苯胺中毒 |
[35:49] | But the ultrasound images are a little grainy, | 但是超声波图像显示出一些微粒 |
[35:51] | so it’s hard to tell. | 很难说 |
[35:53] | House? | 豪斯 |
[35:54] | The images aren’t grainy. | 图像上不是微粒 |
[35:56] | They sure look grainy. | 看上去绝对是微粒 |
[35:57] | I’ve seen pictures of you where you looked tall. | 我还看过你看起来高大威猛的照片呢 |
[36:00] | It’s an iron overload, | 这是铁中毒 |
[36:01] | creates speckles on the image, makes it look grainy. | 让图片上产生的斑点 让它看上去像是微粒 |
[36:04] | Also makes her pancreas fail, her blood clot, her intestines… | 让她的胰腺失效 产生血块 |
[36:06] | Atrial myxoma is more likely. | -导致她的肠子 -更像是心房粘液瘤 |
[36:08] | MRI for a better view. | 做个核磁共振看清楚 |
[36:10] | Then call me back and tell me you’re embarrassed | 如果你有问题就喊我回来 |
[36:12] | because my eyesight is better 500 miles away. | 我的视力可以看到500英里以上 |
[36:16] | I need a phone number. | 给我找个电话号码 |
[36:24] | I’m a doctor in New Jersey, treating one of your clients. | 我是新泽西的医生 治疗你们的一位病人 |
[36:27] | Young woman looking for her biological parents. | 一个年轻女人寻找她的亲生父母 |
[36:30] | You know, you could just wait for the MRI | 你知道 你可以等核磁共振结果 |
[36:32] | to have your curiosity satisfied. | 来满足你的好奇心 |
[36:34] | What person who is nothing | 你在跟谁说话 |
[36:37] | like me are you saying that to? | 那个人是我吗 |
[36:38] | Did the parents look tan? | 那对父母皮肤黑吗 |
[36:41] | The disease she has is genetic, | 她的病是遗传学的 |
[36:43] | which means they should have it, too. | 就是说他们应该也有 |
[36:45] | They don’t look more tan than anyone else. | 他们并不看起来比别人皮肤黑 |
[36:46] | Discolored teeth? | 脱色的牙齿 |
[36:48] | They’re farmers. Their village doesn’t even have a dentist. | 他们是农民 村子里都没有牙医 |
[36:50] | Right. Thanks. | 好吧 多谢 |
[36:52] | But if it matters, | 如果有问题 |
[36:54] | I’m not convinced they were her parents. | 我不确信他们是她亲生父母 |
[36:56] | Why not? | 为什么不 |
[36:57] | Because they said they had no daughter. | 因为他们说他们没有女儿 |
[36:59] | The man was adamant, | 那男的表现的很固执 |
[37:00] | and the woman seemed confused and frightened. | 女的却是很困惑惊恐的样子 |
[37:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:05] | Differential. | 有蹊跷 |
[37:08] | Say you’re a middle-aged Chinese woman. | 现在你说你是一个中国的中年妇女 |
[37:11] | – Fine. – Say it. | -好的 -快说 |
[37:13] | I’m a middle-aged Chinese woman. | 我是一个中国的中年妇女 |
[37:15] | Girl comes to you, | 一个女孩过来对你说 |
[37:17] | says that she’s your long-lost daughter. | 自称是你失散多年的女儿 |
[37:19] | Why would you be frightened? | 你为什么会惊恐呢 |
[37:20] | I’m frightened because she’s a threat, | 会不会是害怕她过来要挟我 |
[37:24] | maybe she knows something. | 难道她知道隐情 |
[37:26] | She hasn’t seen you since she was an infant. | 除了刚出生 她一直没有见过你 |
[37:28] | Maybe an inheritance issue. | 难道是为了遗产 |
[37:30] | They’re peasants. | 他们只是普通农民 |
[37:33] | Her very presence is a threat. | 她的出现变成一种威胁 |
[37:36] | She… What year was she born? | 她 她哪年出生的 |
[37:39] | ’83. | 83年 |
[37:40] | She’s not supposed to be alive. | 他们是不想生她的 |
[37:44] | China introduced the One Child Policy in 1979. | 中国在1979年开始实行计划生育 |
[37:47] | Say they didn’t want a girl. | 他们不想要女孩 |
[37:50] | They tried to kill her. | 所以决定杀害她 |
[37:51] | But maybe the baby doesn’t die, | 她却没有就此死去 |
[37:53] | maybe the father panics, or regrets it, | 或许她父亲感到悔恨和不安 |
[37:55] | takes the baby to an orphanage, | 就把她带到孤儿院 |
[37:57] | maybe he doesn’t tell his wife. | 但是却没有告诉自己的妻子 |
[37:59] | Who freaks out like she’s seen a ghost 25 years later | 25年前本已死去的女儿 |
[38:01] | when the girl shows up. | 突然现身谁都会被吓到 |
[38:03] | But why does attempted murder from 25 years ago | 为什么25年前的谋杀未遂 |
[38:06] | suddenly become relevant to her health now? | 会影响到她现在的健康 |
[38:08] | Maybe they gave her something toxic. | 可能他们给她投毒了 |
[38:10] | It would have to be fat soluble. | 恰巧那又是脂溶性的 |
[38:15] | This is fun, isn’t it? | 这有点意思 对吧 |
[38:23] | Let me see the MRI. | 给我看看核磁共振结果 |
[38:25] | We don’t have one. | 我们没有给她做那个 |
[38:26] | She started vomiting as soon as we started the scan. | 一开始扫描她就呕吐不止 |
[38:29] | Then let her vomit through the MRI. | 那就让她一边呕吐一边核磁共振 |
[38:30] | That’s what nurses are for. | 这就是护士的用处 |
[38:33] | Her parents tried to kill her. | 当时她的父母想杀害她 |
[38:37] | I don’t know how, | 我不知道他们的方法 |
[38:38] | but I know it caused her to get sick 25 years later | 但我知道结果 是让她25年之后 |
[38:41] | trying to lift a Buddha. | 举起佛像时病发 |
[38:42] | Explain. | 解释下 |
[38:46] | I already had this conversation with Wilson. Just go with it. | 我已经和威尔森探讨过了 只是顺便聊起 |
[38:47] | Poison? | 毒药之罪? |
[38:50] | Makes sense if | 可能是重力挤压背部导致…. |
[38:52] | she’s never lifted anything in her life. | 你以为她从来没有举过其他东西啊 |
[38:55] | She actually didn’t get sick till | 准确来说她是第二次举起 |
[38:56] | she tried lifting it that second time. | 佛像才发病的 |
[38:58] | I’m guessing the weight changed. | 会不会是重量的改变导致的 |
[39:04] | Anyone have Taub’s pager number? | 你们谁有陶博的呼机号码 |
[39:05] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[39:07] | Maybe give him a call. | 最好呼叫他一下 |
[39:10] | If he tosses that switch on the MRI, she’s dead. | 如果他给她核磁共振的话她就玩完了 |
[39:13] | X-ray her brain. | 给脑部照X射线吧 |
[39:16] | HOUSE: Pins. | 这几根针 |
[39:18] | Push them through the soft fontanel of an infant, | 穿过了婴儿头部柔软的两侧 |
[39:21] | you skewer the brain, and the hair | 在脑部串联 然后用头发 |
[39:23] | hides the entry wounds. | 遮挡住伤口 |
[39:24] | It’s the perfect crime. | 完美的犯罪手法 |
[39:28] | Same thing that changed | 在寺庙里发生了什么质变呢 |
[39:29] | in the MRI. | 跟核磁共振的原理一样 |
[39:31] | HOUSE: Shockingly, not all religious leaders are honest. | 不是所有宗教领导都那么善良诚实 |
[39:34] | I’m guessing these particular monks are bilking the faithful | 那些宗教份子 |
[39:35] | by pushing a magnet up Buddha’s butt. | 也会蒙混作假 |
[39:37] | There’s another one under the table | 他们把磁铁置入佛像臀部 |
[39:38] | that’ll repel or attract, | 在桌子下也同样放置一块 |
[39:40] | depending on how you shift it. | 不同的放置会让它们相斥或相吸 |
[39:42] | When she picked | 当她举起那件磁体 |
[39:45] | up that magnet, | 那些针的强烈反应 |
[39:47] | This sent a signal through the nerves | 它们通过神经传输对 |
[39:49] | to the blood vessels in her small intestines | 小肠里的血管起作用 |
[39:51] | that caused the symptoms in China | 导致在中国突然病发 |
[39:53] | and in the giant magnet we call an MRI. | 如果磁体大点就是我们的核磁共振了 |
[39:55] | She’s lucky. | 她很幸运 |
[39:58] | We’re all screwed up by our parents, | 我们都被一对父母耍了 |
[40:01] | she’s got documentation. | 她可以以此为证据行动了 |
[40:06] | The pins will be removed surgically, and she’ll be fine. | 我们会用外科手术取出那些针 |
[40:08] | We’ll wake her | 她会好起来的 |
[40:10] | from the coma after the operation. | 手术后我们就可以唤醒她了 |
[40:13] | Is there any way you could not tell her? | 能不能别把真相告诉她 |
[40:15] | Please. | 求你了 |
[40:17] | She’s fragile. | 她实在是很脆弱 |
[40:19] | She desperately wanted to know her biological parents. | 她实在很想知道她的亲生父母 |
[40:21] | For her to find out that they wanted her dead, | 如果让她知道父母当时是想杀害她 |
[40:24] | I don’t know what that’ll do to her. | 我真不知道她能否受得住这个打击 |
[40:27] | She may not be as fragile as you think. | 她应该不至于那么脆弱 |
[40:29] | We know our daughter. | 我们了解自己的女儿 |
[40:31] | See this pin here? | 看到这些针了吗 |
[40:34] | It’s been pressing directly on her addiction center. | 挤入神经中枢造成上瘾 |
[40:38] | It’s not her fault, | 这不是她的错 |
[40:39] | and it’s definitely not your fault. | 也不是你们的错 |
[40:41] | She’s not who you think she is. | 她不是你们想的那样的 |
[41:01] | I hear your patient’s going to be all right. | 听说你的病人好了 |
[41:05] | Is that why you’re here? | 你就为这个过来的 |
[41:08] | A colleague checking up on a patient? | 只是同事之间的病情探讨 |
[41:11] | Something going on? | 有事发生了 |
[41:14] | I’m celebrating. | 我在庆祝 |
[41:24] | My mom hated him, too. | 我妈妈也恨他 |
[41:26] | Your DNA test showed no match? That’s incredible. | 你们的DNA不匹配 难以置信 |
[41:31] | At the age of 12, you actually figured out | 你在12岁时 |
[41:32] | your father wasn’t your | 就知道那个不是你的 |
[41:34] | birth father? | 亲生父亲 |
[41:37] | That’s what you wanted, wasn’t it? | 这就是你想要的结果吗 |
[41:39] | Why should it depress you? | 为什么还会让你沮丧 |
[41:40] | It doesn’t depress me. | 这没有让我沮丧 |
[41:42] | It doesn’t make any difference at all. | 什么都没有改变 |
[41:45] | That’s what depresses me. | 那才是让我沮丧的 |
[41:51] | Well, I guess nobody gets to choose who | 没有人可以选择自己的 |
[41:54] | their parents are. | 亲生父母 |
[41:58] | I’m not even sure anymore we get | 我甚至怀疑没有人可以 |
[42:01] | to choose who our friends are. | 选择自己的朋友 |
[42:08] | I spoke with Cuddy. | 我跟卡迪谈过 |
[42:09] | She hasn’t filled my position yet. | 她还没找到人顶替我的空缺 |
[42:11] | If you’re coming back | 如果你回来 |
[42:14] | just because you’re attracted to the shine of my neediness, | 只是因为被我惊人的穷困潦倒吸引的话 |
[42:18] | I’d be okay with that. | 我还是可以勉强接受的 |
[42:24] | I’m coming back because you were right. | 我回来是因为觉得你是对的 |
[42:29] | That strange, annoying trip we just took | 你那些奇怪恼人的玩笑是自 |
[42:32] | was the most fun I’ve had since Amber died. | 安波儿去世后我得到的最大快乐了 |
[42:38] | You hungry? | 你饿了么 |
[42:49] | Wilson. | 威尔森 |
[42:51] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[42:55] | My dad’s dead. | 我父亲去世了 |
[42:58] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[43:01] | My sympathies. | 我很同情你 |